Actions

Work Header

This Means War

Chapter 34: 31 | One!

Chapter Text

Please Leave Kudos If You Enjoy!

Silence filled the arena as the announcement made its way through the crowd. I looked around at the shocked faces from my guild, no doubt an exact replica of the crowds’ expressions as well.

Not to mention the look on my grandpa’s face.

The old man’s crying as much as Juvia!

Without waiting, all of us competitors made our way into the center of the arena. As we all began walking, the cheers and screams from the crowd began to resurface, and eventually people were screaming out the names of everyone, most notably the names of Lexi and Metalicana.

“So, the pipsqueak decided she wanted a rematch, eh?” Gajeel said, a malicious smirk forming on his face as he watched the two girls make their ways toward us.

“Don’t get too excited, old man,” A girl who looked exactly like Gajeel (only pretty) told him, “I’m still gonna kick yer ass,” She responded snarkily, a vicious smirk on her face that promised chaos.

She wasn’t the one that had my attention, though…it was the girl next to her.

Her magenta eyes glared at me as if I was the cause of all her problems, her long, blonde hair whipped around in the wind wildly. I could see the spark in her eyes, and immediately I knew she was my daughter.

If Gajeel’s daughter is scary…. then mine must be terrifying.

That said, it didn’t help that she was absolutely gorgeous. She looked like she belonged in a model magazine rather than a battle, the coos and cat-callings coming from the crowd were so much that I felt my fists clench.

I felt myself sigh in defeat.

I’ve only been a father for like five minutes, and I already feel like I’ve gained 20 years.

“Alrighty then folks, let get this battle on the way!” The announcer shouted through the rampage of shouts from the crowd.

“You never told me you had a daughter, Laxus?” Jura said from across me, his faced filled with curiosity and amusement.

“It’s a long story,” was all I responded, not really sure what was going on.

I watched as a wicked smile formed on the blonde girl’s face, and I knew this battle would be anything but easy.

She watched all of her opponents, almost as if she were calculating every single move they were making.

“Metalicana,” She said firmly, demanding her ally’s attention, who was still bickering incessantly with Gajeel.

Metalicana smirked at her father, “Prepare to lose old man, with Lexi on our side, there’s no way we can lose,” She said cockily, and then returned to her partner’s side, who immediately to talk to her.

I felt frustration build in me as I strained to hear their plans.

What the hell?! I have dragon hearing; I should be able to hear them!

“You can’t hear them either, can you?” Gajeel asked me, and though his voice portrayed that he was upset and suspicious, it was easy to tell on his face that the man was proud of the girl in front of him.

It’s also easy to tell that he is ready to give her a real good ass beating.

The announcer’s voice once again filled the arena, but I was too focused on the girls to pay attention to his words. Taking note of the announcements, the girls lifted their hands and took a firm stance.

This is gonna be one hell of a fight.

I watched as the girls formed their strategy and took their stances. I saw the fire in their eyes, and the determination.

I studied the girl who looked exactly like Gajeel. Her long, black, tangled hair wildly blowing, her red eyes beaming with excitement as she studied the men in front of her.

Her eyes were begging for a fight and that’s exactly what she would get.

I heard the whispers of anticipation behind me from my guildmates. They were just as excited to meet these second-generation Fairy Tail members as they were for this fight.

“Laxus has a daughter?!” Natsu shouted excitedly, from his spot next to LuLu, “All right! Another person I can fight, let’s go!” He said, thrilled at the thought of fighting Laxus’ daughter, “Not to mention Gajeel’s daughter, if she’s really as powerful as Gajeel says, then that will certainly be a fun fight!”

I felt anger rise in my throat.

“Natsu!” I shouted furiously, and glared at him aggressively, “If you so much as touch a hair on her head, I swear to you I will make it my mission to make your life miserable, do I make myself clear?” I ask him firmly.

I don’t know where the anger came from. If someone asked me, I wouldn’t be able to tell them, I’ve never been one to get angry…. until Gajeel.

I watched as Lucy giggled amusedly, and Natsu gulped, his face filled with somewhat fear, “Yes ma’am,” He croaked out.

I heard my guildmates laugh as the scene.

“Since when did Levy became scary and mean like Erza?” Natsu muttered to no one in particular as Lucy patted his back, trying to nurse back his pride, well, what little he had left.

He’s one lucky man to have a woman like Lucy.

Not bothering to address the scene behind me further, I refocused my attention back on the battle in front of me.

“Ten, nine, eight,” The countdown began as the crowd began chanting the numbers, and the contenders all took their battle stances.

What got me, though, was on each of their faces, not once did I see fear.

All I saw was determination, strength, and anticipation.

Even Rufus looked like he was excited to see how this battle would play out.

Regardless of the fight, I all knew was one thing, and that was that I wanted to have a long conversation with the two girls in front of me, and by the looks of it, that was exactly how my guildmates felt.

Especially the master.

I felt myself smile at his earlier antics.

Not to mention the look on Laxus’ face as he saw his daughter.

And the Thunder Legion.

I leaned forward on the stone wall that separated us and the arena and focused on the battle.

I certainly looked forward to the conversation we would have with these girls.

“One!” 

Hey, My Lil Donuts!

So, as I am sure you have noticed, updates have been far and few, and that is because I am actually starting my first job here soon, and unfortunately, this means fewer updates.

I WILL still be updating and I WILL finish this story. I've been working on this story for soooo long, and it's something that I want to finish so badly, and I'm determined to do exactly that.

That said, please be patient with me as I enter this new stage of my life.

Not to mention all the crazy things that have been happening right now with all the riots and coronavirus. It's been a bit challenging for me to focus on my waiting lately.

ANYWAY, not that real life is out of the way, what did you think of this chapter?

We'll get some action in the next chapter and I'm so excited! We finally get to learn more about Lexi and her wicked magic! 

Let me know what you think in the comments!

Thanks for Reading!

Stay safe!