Actions

Work Header

You're Lost, I'm Found

Chapter 13: Gata Negra

Summary:

Ohh boy shits going down

Notes:

AYEEEE YOU ALL. IM ALIVEEEEE.sorta. Soooo i wrote this like a year ago and apparently never posted it... whoops. But tbh I'm in a rut. I started writing this right before season 2 came out and we are now on season 4. A lot of my original plans have been overturned by cannon events. So now I'm trying to decided to change some of the plot, keep it with the original plan, orrrr just let it go... lemme hear some opinions and feed back pls cause I'm serious at at lost haha.

As always thanks for reading and please comment! :)

Chapter Text

You're Lost, I'm Found.

Chapter Thirteen: Gata Negra.


 

“I can't believe that just happened!”

Ladybug coughed lightly as she rode on the back of the new hero. “It was a long shot...but it panned out.”


 

...I hope this works!

She waited until Shadow Wielder got as close as he could see before stepping aside and dodging his attack...but not before she stuck her leg out to trip him and send him falling off the rooftop.

 


“Long shot or not, it was genius. “ The brunette stopped and sat Ladybug down in a well lit area next to an advertisement of Adrien. She had made sure to put good distance between them and the black hole that was indefinitely consuming Paris. They would be safe for a few minutes.

Eventually it would reach Marinette’s house, if it hadn't already.

“Were you being serious by the way…?” Ladybug started. “...that you only just learned about me and Chat Noir?”

The unnamed masked hero looked at her uneasily. “Yeah but.. I don't wish to share the details. We have to keep most things a secret right? Besides, we don't have that kind of time. We need a plan. A real plan.”

“It’d be nice if I had one.” Ladybug finally was able to get a good look at the hero. Her brown hair flowed free, and her costume was not full body. She had open shoulders and a midriff. It wasn’t very practical for battle...but then again, the costumes are based off what’s in the holders heart. This girl probably hadn’t had much time to think about it, therefore Plagg might’ve had to just work with what he could.

The cat themed heroine scoffed a bit before crossing her arms. “Well… We should work on that.”

“Oh boy…” Ladybug sighed. This girl was most certainly not a chosen. The teen then had to remind herself that if not for her, she may not even be breathing still. The situation at hand could’ve been much worse.

“Have you used your power yet?”

The red hero looked up to meet the curious greens that were looking at her, puzzled. “If you’re talking about my special power that I can use only one time, then no. Not yet.”

“Me either…” the brunette answered, now holding her clenched hand while staring at the ring. “I'm sorry, by the way.”

“About what?”

“About Chat Noir. I'm no replacement. I know that.”

Ladybug almost shrugged, but the pain her movement caused made her hiss out instead, “Look. The situation isn't the best right now. We will need to talk about it. However… if we don't defeat Shadow Wielder, it won't matter.”

The cat themed hero watched as Ladybug hobbled to the edge of the roof, staring out towards the black hole that consumed their Parisian home. “What do we do then? I do apologize for not being much help...I-I'm just new to this.”

“New to this…” Ladybug repeated, her eyes narrowing in thought before widening at a sudden realization. “You're new to this!!” The red heroine turned to her partner with her first smile of the night, her eyes beaming with a new sense of hope.

The greens that were met with the sudden happiness returned a confused look to her. Cocking her head to the side, she shrugs, “I don't think I follow…?”

“Listen. Hawkmoth probably thinks you're too new to put up a fight. That means Shadow Wielder will be focused on me. They probably think that once I'm defeated, you will be easy pickings.”

“Yeah, but, aren't I though?”

Ladybug smirked, “Are you?”

The new hero pondered that for a moment, thinking of all the karate classes she took as a kid as well as her dancing and gymnastics. Surely with the enhanced suit those skills could be used again? Even if it had been years since she practiced them… she still had a chance, right? It's not like she was gonna let him win! Paris may not feel like home to her yet, but the safety of it's people still mattered! “No. No I'm not!”

“Then let's show them what you've got! Here's what we're gonna do…”


. . .

The frustration boiled in his blood. This should've been easy! Yet that insect had managed to get away but tripping him up. Literally!

Shadow Wielder took a deep breath in.

He was still winning. Paris was being taken over by the darkness, people were becoming his shadow puppets… plus, Ladybug was still overshadowed by one of his beings. Another shadow could give him complete control of her will. There wouldn't be a fight to get her miraculous at that point…

...But what fun would that be right now?

Shadow Wielder found it quite pleasurable to watch her struggle. He wanted to make her feel like she had a chance. Thanks to that new hero showing up, Hawkmoth had given him the perfect plan to take them both down!

“She's weak! She has no practice. She won't be able to protect Ladybug and with her injuries, you'll easily take her down too. All you have to do it get that cat to fight the puppets. You just focus on the bug…”

The plan made too much sense to fail. It was too perfect. They're too naive to see what will really be going on. Plus… the Akuma had his own ideas to make them feel… heroic.

“Shadow Wielder!!”

The voice pierced his eardrums as he turned to face them. A grin ear to ear was plastered on his face. Ladybug and the cat hero were standing together, the red bug using her new partner for support.

“We're not finished yet!” She called, an icy blaze in her eyes.

“Ha! Funny, looks like you already are. I mean- look at you!” The Akuma gestured to her stance. “You can't even manage your own two feet. Yet you expect to defeat me?”

This time, it was the new girl who stepped up to answer. “A true hero never admits defeat. A hero is only defeated when they can no longer fight!”

“Then allow me to be the one to arrange that! SHADOWS! FORWARD!!”

With his command, shadows lunged forward in attack. Things were happening to rapidly to fully process. One second, Ladybug and the new hero stood at one end of the roof, the next the were completely separated. Ladybug was one on one with the akuma while newbie battled hundreds of shadows.

“Are you okay over the- Ugh!” Ladybug coughed up a bit of blood after taking another blow to the stomach from the villian. Damn.

“I’m...More worried...about you!” She brunette replied as she threw off shadows, struggling to keep them off of her.

“Heh. You are fools thinking to attack me. Especially with all the power I have from controlling over half of Paris and its citizens!” Shadow Wielder scoffed, kicking Ladybug to the ground with a powerful blow.

“Ladybug! Ah!” The cat hero was tackled down by what looked to be a wave of shadow puppets, knocking her over. “I-I can’t...Let me go!”

“No…” Ladybug pushed herself up in time to see her new partner engulfed in shadows. “No Please…We can’t-”

“-Lose?” The Akuma used his foot to roll the heroin over to face her, leaving it pinned to her chest.. Tears were starting to well in her eyes and blood oozed from her mouth as she grabbed onto his ankle in anguish. It brought the happiest maniacal grin to the villians face...and it made Ladybugs stomach churn. “You’ve lost your partner again, Insect. What kind of hero are you?”

“The best one I can be.” She said through her coughs. They hurt so bad. Her body hurt so bad. She just wanted this to end…

Then suddenly, It did…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Your turn… Prove it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Shadow Wielder smiled as another shadow puppet phased into the hero, taking full control of her body and conscious. She was at his command, his mercy… he had won! Her pupils swelled till her entire eye was black. A grin forms, blood still dribbling down the corners, to her master as the possessor gains control.

The purple butterfly comes over his face to congratulate him on the success of the hero's downfall.

The helicopter was also still filming… the faces or the reporters in shock in despair as the see Ladybug overtaken. This meant defeat… the downfall of their final hero.

The Akuma turned his attention back to the overshadowed Ladybug. “Now that this is easy…” he lifted his foot, unpinning her from the ground. ”Give me your miraculous.”

She sat up, grinning to her leader. “As you wish…”

But before she could reach for the earrings, the warning beeps from the jewelry sounded.

Everything got silent. The overshadowed Ladybug didn't move, hands lingering over her ears, and her facial expression a mixture of shock and disappointment.

That could only mean she…

“Ha! And you thought we were fools!”

Shadow Wielder turned to see the new hero holding what appeared to be light. Just a simple...red spotted... lit firecracker!

“Someone told me shadows don't like light. Darn Shame you weren't paying attention to me. Do you know what my power truly is?” Shadow Wielder started to look around his surroundings. His puppets were gone, probably due to the hero, but he hadn't noticed how close he was to the edge of the building. “It's destruction.”

She threw the firecracker at him, sending him in an alarmed panic. He dodged it, making it fall into the ally way, but he lost balance in the process, falling down himself.

But the new hero grabbed his hand. “What? Think I was just gonna let you fall?” She took the akumatized glove off his hand as he struggled to try and retrieve it. This caused her to smile and shrug. “Cataclysm!”

And like that, the glove was dust.

The puppets vanished in a puff of smoke, a few returning to their normal human forms. The Akuma de-transformed as well, turning out to be a middle-aged man dressed in a nice suit. Hate still burned in his gaze at the hero however.

This man had issues.

Ladybug's pupils shrunk back down to their normal size, pain returning like a million stabs to her as she yelled out.

This brought the cat heroines attention back to the mission at hand. She remembered that Ladybug told her as she moved the once villainous man to sit on the roof.

“After you defeat Shadow Wielder, I can only imagine what pain I may feel when I come back too…”

The brunette came close to Ladybug, picking up her yo-yo and placing it in the red hero's hand firmly.

“I need you to say one thing to me… it should snap me back to fixing Paris...It's…”

“Chat needs you Ladybug! This fight was for him, make it worth it!”

The blues belonging to Ladybug shut tight as she remembered her partner. His puns, his charisma, his smile. She needed to see more of it! And if she fixed things, she knew she would.

Her blurry vision finally locked onto the Akuma that was now flying a good distance away. “I don't think so…” Ignoring her pain, Ladybug jumped forward, launching herself off the roof, flinging her yo-yo as far out as she could. “No more evil doing for you, little Akuma!” Her yo-yo snapped shut around it before she fell full force onto her shoulder on the next door over. She shriveled up in pain before cracking open her eyes to look at her glowing yo-yo. “G-gotcha…”

“Ladybug!” The newbie called, concern pouring out of her voice, but Ladybug only smiled at her as a new trail of blood ran down her from her mouth.

“I told you, this is where the magic happens.”

Ladybug sat up slowly, looking down at her yo-yo before giving it a click to release the purified Akuma. She couldn't help but notice the look of awe plastered on the girls face. “Bye bye little butterfly.” She now turned to her partner, “You've got that lucky charm still, right?”

She nodded, quickly tossing it across the rooftops where LB caught is swiftly.

Ladybug stood up now, sucking in a deep breath. She had been way too ready for this. She tossed the firecrackers into the air, calling out the well needed words for not only Paris, but herself as well.

“Miraculous Ladybug!”

The astounded look that the newbie gave as she gazed upon the sparkling ladybugs was a relief to the hero. It meant a job well done for them both…

“Hey, What can I call you? Saying ‘hey you' isn't gonna work forever!” Ladybug said threw another cough.

“Oh uh… Gata Negra! Yeah! That! Maybe just Gata for short?” The brunette replied, a small smile on her face.

Ladybug didn't know what it meant but she went with it. “Sounds good to me.” Sudden relief washed over her body as the magical ladybugs finally came to heal her. As soon as they were finished, Ladybug quickly jumped over to Gata and laughed. “See! Good as new!”

Gata looked shocked, poking Ladybug where she had been injured. “Woahhhh holy cow! This is crazy!!”

Ladybug giggled a bit before hearing her Miraculous ring out its last minute warning. “Oh gosh, I gotta go!”

Gata looked down at hers and noticed the ring flashing “Me too…”

They both turned to see the helicopter that was hovering nearby. “Look, we need to talk Gata, but not now. Meet me tomorrow night on the Eiffel tower. 9 O'clock should do.”

The new hero nodded. “I'll be there Ladybug.”

The two parted, leaving the scene quickly. Both with heaviness in their hearts, but both for different reasons…


. . .

Karina arrived home, quickly de-transforming before sneaking back inside her home threw her back window. “Oh my gosh! Plagg! That was amazing! Being a superhero is just-” she cut herself off after seeing Plagg zipp from her hair before laying on the bed miserably. “Plagg?”

The kwami did not move, instead he just curled up into a ball. She had used his powers, he needed to eat, but for some odd reason he just couldn't stomach the idea.

Kari sat next to him on the edge of her bed and went to stroke his fur. This got an unpleasant hiss from Plagg, so she tensed up and pulled away. “I'm sorry. I have no idea what you're going through. You obviously don't like me. I can't even blame you.”

Plagg had a sudden moment of deja-vu. “You obviously don't like me. I can't even blame you. Human's can't truly be trusted. We're just…”

“...humans… and I am Human.”

The kwami turned to look at his new owner. Her eyes were fixated on her hands as she held them together. Body language told him she was unsure of what to say or do. Didn't really surprise him, but it did make him feel a bit bad about it. “I'm sorry Karina…”

The girl looked at him now, their eyes meeting for a moment before Plagg turned away.

“It takes a long time to earn my trust. I'm not okay with losing my last chosen either. Nothing is going the way it should… but.” Plagg looked at her again, seriousness in his gaze. “I wouldn't trade you out for anyone else tonight. If anything, I'm glad you were the one who found the ring. You still stood up to that villian, you took the risk, and you won! Not a lot have those kinda guts kid. You did good.”

Karina felt her heart swell with pride. No one had said anything like that to her before… even though her mom was very loving and caring on the outside, there was never any sense of pride in her daughter. No encouragement...no true feeling of love. Yet this magical being she had known for six hours had changed her life and made her feel worth something. “Are you sure you're not some Fairy Godmother or something?”

Plagg scoffed, “Absolutely sure that I am NOT. Met one before...they're a little cocky.”

Karina busted out in laughter, barely hearing a knock on her door.

“Kari? Are you awake?” Her mother Clarissa slowly opens the door to see her laughing at what appeared to be nothing.

She quickly hushed as she saw her mother at the door. "Oh! Sorry Mama! I didn't hear you knock."

"Mhm that okay. Why are you up so late laughing and… are you still dressed from today?" Clarissa questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Ahhhhh yes! I hadn't realized the time. I got carried away with homework and stuff… all this new information and such…" Karina wanted to ask why her mom had kept the heros a secret… but maybe she should wait just another day or so. Today had been eventful enough.

"Alright then, just get some sleep now! You still have school in the morning." Clarissa came closer to lean in and kiss her daughter on the crown of her head. "I love you Kari. We'll talk tomorrow."

"Night mama!"

Plagg zipped back out after she left, his hunger finally returning. "So… now that I've had a second… there's something I need you to get me if you want me to keep giving you powers…"

Why was she scared of what he was about to say?


. . .

Marinette looked around her room in hope to see Adrien waiting for her when she arrived, but her room appeared to be empty. Maybe he had gone back downstairs?

Come to find out the boy had already departed with Natalie. Figures as such, but he did at least cover for her. Adrien had told her parents that she had fallen asleep during the attack.

It was probably a good thing that Shadow Wielders power didn't reach her house. According to her parents it came really close. They had lost power only a few minutes before Ladybug purified the Akuma.

Now that things had settled down, Marinette finally had the chance to look over some of the nights news broadcasting's and-

"Tikki…" the young teen started as her Kwami looked at her concerned. "Was I… was I that close to death?"

The little red bug of magic looked down at her cookie in a sad gaze. "The only thing keeping you alive was me… and frankly, it was hard to keep you there. I was fighting off as much magic as I could from the Akuma but he was so strong… if the fight hadn't of ended when it did…"

Marinette nodded, getting the implied point. It was a close call, and it was good the Gata Negra was there. This time, anyways. "I need to get Chat Noir his miraculous back."


Adrien wanted nothing more than to reach out to Marinette. Watching those broadcasts was like being trapped in one of those medieval torture devices that slowly tore your limbs from your body. His heart was pounding, mind spinning, and he could barely breathe. All of that while he had to act somewhat okay in front of Natalie and Marinette's family. If Ladybug hadn't of made it…

The blonde jumped on the bed and whipped out his phone, quick to pull Marinette up in his contacts.

"Are you okay?? I-" Adrien hesitated as he typed. He didn't want to say anything about their identities over text. If he did, someone could find out. He was pretty sure that his father might monitor his messages. He imagined Marinette would be just as cautious.

"...is everything alright?" He sent the message.

Every passing second seemed like hours. Sounds were loud, and his heartbeat was the most present. It's not like he was used to being alone like this. Least not anymore.

His phone buzzed.

"Yes I'm okay. Got crazy there. Sorry I fell asleep. Such a weird time to do that huh?"

That was enough for Adrien to relax.

"We can talk about it after school tomorrow. You're supposed to come over for my dads internship thing, right?"

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Absolutely. I would love that sunshine."

Adrien felt a grin pop onto his face. Sunshine…

He couldn't wait for tomorrow.

...and neither could his father.


To Be Continued

Notes:

This is my first MLB fanfiction! I hope you all like it! Please comment! I love to hear feedback and it is great motivation!! I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it!

EDIT: Also! for posted updates and fanworks, follow me on my Instagram!

@nekozuki.arts

I will be doing some artwork myself for some of the scenes depicted! Thanks Again!

-NekoZUKI 2017