Actions

Work Header

Full Moon Hero

Summary:

When Midoriya was 4 years old he was diagnosed quirkless. A year later he's attacked by a villain with an infectious quirk. One he inherits in the wake of his father's death. Reeling from the loss Izuku has to navigate the intricacies of having a werewolf quirk.

Pretty much the whole story, as if Izuku was a werewolf. And how that changes everything, and at the same time nothing.

(Canon Compliant)

Chapter 1: One Moonlit Night

Summary:

Izuku's childhood dream gets crushed

Chapter Text

When Midoriya Izuku was four years old he learned he didn't have a quirk. After going to every doctor and specialist in his hometown this was the conclusion. It crushed his dreams. At four years old it felt like his world had ended.

He knew his mother had tried desperately to keep his spirits up. But what could she say? He didn't have a quirk. There was no possible way he could be a hero like All Might. His friendship with Kacchan began to suffer. The explosive boy's view was narrowed on his own growth. Izuku knew the other boy would be an amazing hero. But once Izuku was proven quirkless there would be no fight to the top between them. They wouldn't get to battle side by side like Izuku had wanted.

It was after that fateful diagnosis he stopped being Izuchan to Kacchan, and instead became Deku. Useless, weak, extra. But seeing Kacchan push him aside, was just the wakeup Izuku needed. If Kacchan treated him like he was nothing it was because he was acting like he was nothing.

Izuku became determined. He would be a hero, and he would rise up to stand at Kacchan's side again. He was going to fight for his dream. His first step was compiling notes, he started his hero analysis notebooks. Drawings and stats picked up quickly on his way to school, or out shopping with his mother. He would drag his mother to fights when they were on the street. He was wide-eyed and excited to see any heroes apprehending villains and criminals for the police, rescuing citizens left and right. And when he was at home he poured over as many videos as he could find. It was his lifeline. 

His mother was as heartbroken as he was determined. So, during that year she got into contact with his father. Often, she waited for him to finish work on the oil rig and came to shore. But this time she contacted him first. So, the plan was set in motion for Midoriya Hisashi to come home and spend the summer of Izuku's fifth year with them.

When the time came the Midoriya family was reunited in tears and smiles. Having his father home was exciting for Izuku. He knew his father worked hard out on the ocean. And he knew that his parents loved each other. So, it was just what he needed to get his mind off of being quirkless. Off of Kacchan's bullying. 

They played all day while his mother was at work. They discovered Hisashi was a disaster in the kitchen. They played heroes and villains. His father snuck fireworks onto the balcony despite his mother's harried panic. He didn't have to play with Kacchan, he had his dad. Izuku learned what it was to have his father home for an extended time. For the first time he could remember they had a real father son relationship.

A few weeks into the summer Inko got some time off of work and they took the train out to the mountains for a camping trip. Izuku had never camped out before. But he was excited by his father's enthusiasm. According to his mom that was how they spent their honeymoon. Camping and hiking to shrines and across trails.

It was different from the little copse of woods Izuku hunted bugs with Kacchan in. Bigger, quieter, and more open. Izuku was awed by the size of the trees, the way the sun streamed down through the towering canopy. He walked between his parents as they hiked out to the camping site.

There were other families around. But not so close Izuku felt they would cut into his personal family bubble. His parents pitched a tent and when lunch came around his mother unpacked bento boxes for them. It was the happiest he'd been in his whole life. Being quirkless was far from his mind. As the sun set Hisashi took his son out to the cliffs to watch the stars come out. It was here Izuku saw his father's smile fall.

"Izuku, I know you want to be a hero. And finding out you're quirkless must have been a hard blow." Izuku didn't say anything. His stomach knotted up and tears filled his eyes. Hisashi tugged him against his side. "I never wanted to be a hero, but I could see that you did. I don't ever want to be the father that tells his son to give up on his dreams. So, you just be the best version of you, you can be Izuku. That's going to be my hero."

His father's smile under the stars, was as binding as All Might's was. It struck Izuku and the hard ball of despair and hurt in him dissipated. He gaped a moment more before hugging his father tight. The warm chuckle above vibrated his smaller body, replacing all of his hurt with hope and love. They watched the stars a little longer before heading back. Izuku spared a long last look at the full moon before grabbing his father's hand and following him.

It was as they were entering the camp that Izuku saw something was wrong. The camp was destroyed, and when they turned a scream rang out. Izuku looked around his father to see the rest of the campers gathered together holding large sticks and poles from the tents. Was there a villain here? 

"Hisashi! Izuku!" His mother yelled from the group. "Run!"

Izuku's father yanked him up into his arms and sprinted for the trail leading to the main road. Izuku cranes over his father's shoulder trying to set his mother. "Mom! Mom!"

"She'll be alright Izuku!" His father yelled as he ran. What Izuku hadn't allowed himself to see then (but saw in his dreams) were the three bodies lying in the destroyed camp sites. Ravaged by claws and mauled to ruin. Izuku just remembered seeing flames licking into the dry undergrowth from trampled fire pits.

As his father put distance between the camp site and them, he saw finally what his father had. A man was running towards them. Lumbering as his body seemed to change with the activation of his quirk. It had to be a quirk; how else could he move the way he did? It reminded Izuku of Hound Dog. A wretched scream came from the man as he lurched onto all fours. A break in the trees revealed him. He looked like a wolf human hybrid. Not like Hound Dog at all, this wasn't a hero! 

This villain had a mutation quirk, Izuku had never seen one that could activate like this. Slavering jaws and wild gold eyes bore into them, with his focus Izuku's curiosity was replaced with fear. There was madness in those eyes. Evil. He screamed and his father faltered a moment. He twisted on his feet and breathed fire at the monster. It bought them a few extra seconds. But the monster surged past the fire once Izuku's father sucked in a breath.

It bowled them over and Izuku was tucked into his father's body as they rolled painfully across the ground. Wild growling sounded and a sharp yell tore from his father. Hisashi pushed him out from under his larger body and twisted wrapping his arms around the monstrous creature. "Run back to your mother Izuku! Now!"

Izuku got a few feet away before he froze when his father screamed. Then a rush of fire lit the area. He turned to see the monster tearing his father's torso to bloody ribbons. "Run-... Izuku!"

Izuku looked around frantically. He snatched a branch up before he really thought about it. In fact, his brain was frozen with horror and fear. But one thought fought tough the paralyzing panic. Heroes didn't run away. He ran back towards the villain with a wild scream and swung his branch at the monster. It broke across the beast's head on impact. It twitched and whirled on him. He gaped as the creature launched at him. Jaws latched onto his shoulder and claws grabbed at his arms. He screamed and jerked back. His father rammed into the side of their attacker, forcing it to let go of Izuku's body. "Inko!"

"Izuku!" His mother's voice screamed. A sudden weightless feeling caught him before he could hit the ground. He was jerked through the air and flew into his mother's arms.

"Dad!"

His father coughed up blood before he pressed his face against the monster. Then he breathed fire and an unholy howl of pain roared up into the air. His mother tore down the path sprinting as Izuku screamed for his father. They hit pavement and his mother started screeching for help. Izuku felt his vision blur at the edges as the pain started to sink into him. He looked at his mother and she was spattered with blood. Her concerned watery eyes set on him.

"Izuku? Izuku!"

Black edged in and he couldn't respond. He just wanted to sleep. He closed his eyes and slipped into the comfort of the blackness.

*

 

Chapter 2: Infectious Quirk

Summary:

Izuku wakes up in the hospital with more than just his life.

Chapter Text

Izuku knew he was dreaming. He was back at the creek where Kacchan fell nearly a year ago. He could see his friend there in the water, shocked that he'd fallen at all. Izuku tucked his small legs in and slid down the hill. But as he got down there, he saw something else in the water.

"Kacchan are you alright?" Izuku asked. "Can you stand?"

He expected the slap to his hand, he remembered it vividly. But the shadow behind Kacchan revealed itself. 'Do you see how fierce he is?'

The memory halted and Izuku was looking at a large beautiful wolf. It towered over them with glowing green eyes, and deep dark green fur. 'Remember Izuku, this boy is ours. Fierce and challenging. Just what we need.'

"Kacchan is amazing." Izuku agreed. "But who are you?"

'Me?' The wolf tilted it's head curiously. 'I'm you.'

 


 

Izuku jerked awake, no longer was he in that sunny creek. Instead he was staring up from a hospital bed. He looked to the side and there his mom was. Her eyes were wide despite how swollen they were.

"Izuku!" She cried, "Doctor!"

It was very busy as doctors swarmed the room and checked the bandages all over his torso. He felt caged in by so many people. He was unsettled, he felt on edge. 

"You were very lucky; you're healing much faster than expected." The doctor smiled softly at him. His glasses glinted and Izuku turned to look at his mother.

"Where's dad?" Izuku asked.

His mother's hands flew to her mouth and she gasped. She rushed to him and wrapped him up in her arms. "I'm sorry, dad's not coming back. He's gone."

"He saved your life my boy. He kept hold of the villain until the heroes came. The villain was arrested, but your father...he passed on the way to the hospital." The doctor explained softly. "He died doing what a father should do. Protect his family."

His father never wanted to be a hero. But in the wake of his death, he became one. Izuku grabbed onto his mother and sobbed. Screaming for his father. It wasn't fair, it wasn't fair!

 


 

The funeral was a quiet affair. Family and friends from all over coming to honor Midoriya Hisashi. Izuku sat silent as he knelt by his mother. He only looked up when the Bakugou family came to speak with his mother. And though he was unbearably upset, the moment his eyes landed on Kacchan something in him settled.

Instinct deep inside Izuku said Kacchan was his. Looking at the placid expression on his former friend's face wasn't right. Kacchan should always be bright and explosive, just like his quirk.

"Oh Inko, if you need anything you let me know." Bakugou Mitsuki said to his mother. "I'm just so sorry."

His auntie embraced his mother and the comfort that was exuded softened Izuku. He'd felt all day that these people weren't actually family. Their apologies were hollow to his ears. But Kacchan's parents, their condolences were honest. He felt he could accept them, his mother looked marginally better after they moved off to allow someone else in. Izuku immediately missed them and the comfort they provided. His heart ached to see Kacchan go.

 


 

It was two days later that all of Izuku's injuries healed overnight. Leaving a few scars behind. It shocked his mother when she peeled the bandages off and they were gone. She was so startled she bundled him up and carted him right back to his hospital doctor. After three days of testing a U.A. Quirk Specialist was brought in.

Izuku sat with his mother listening to her heartbeat frantically. Nervousness poured out of her. He reached over and took her hand, then the anxiousness under his skin vanished. Touch made that go away. He decided to remember that. "Midoriya-San, I've gone over your son's records, and in lieu of what we learned about the attack. I have reason to believe your son has gained a quirk."

Izuku jerked his face up in shock. "Excuse me but that's not possible. T-The doctors said he had the toe joint, so he would never manifest one of his own."

"That's just it. This isn't one he developed. I examined and read through the files of Nakamura Hojo, 'Lycan', myself. The night he attacked your family he lost complete control of his quirk. He was born with it active, and originally it was classed as a mutation quirk. My hypothesis is that it is extremely mutated. An infectious mutation quirk; geared towards a wolf animus variation. In essence he became a werewolf. This has never happened before."

"A werewolf quirk?" Izuku asked, something in his mind clicked. It felt like that made sense.

"That is the official name we're giving it. I would like to monitor your son for the next month. Nakamura's quirk is named Wolf. Your son's will be Werewolf. Out of all the victims he's left behind your son is the only survivor." The specialist adjusted his glasses and raked a hand through his red hair. "There is no telling what else it can do. As far as we have gathered Nakamura let the quirk control him. There is no reason your son can't use it for good."

"You said infectious, like a disease. Can you cure him?" Inko asked as her hand gripped Izuku's tight. Izuku felt his hackles raise at that. There was nothing wrong with him. He wouldn't become that...monster...right?

"No, this looks to have bonded into his DNA at a molecular level. It is his, as if he were born with it." The doctor said honestly. "I hope you can do great things with this quirk."

 


 

There was no mention of Izuku's quirk in the news. They only highlighted that his father gave his life to stop the villain. But Izuku knew now, his father was an alpha and he protected his pack from danger. Now Izuku was the alpha and he needed to protect the pack. That desire coupled with his dream to be a hero made him want to be strong.

It was a week later that his mother confided in the Bakugou's. That was when the whole story came out. "Hey Deku, did you really get a quirk?" Kacchan demanded one they were in his room. "Like really?"

"Yes," Izuku felt his whole body seize up at that crimson gaze turning to him. He was confused by that feeling. But he liked it all the same. "I don't know what it can do yet. But I healed all the injuries I had."

"Well, I'm still cooler than you Deku. Don't think you're better than me!" The challenge in the air lit Izuku up like All Might's videos did.

"That's what you think!" Izuku threw back. He liked seeing Kacchan fired up.

"I know it! Stupid Deku!" Kacchan screamed back and Izuku smiled sharply. The insult tasted like a lie. Kacchan didn't really think he was stupid. That was a victory!

When the full moon approached again, Izuku could feel his quirk do much more than before. It was acclimating and it scared him. After the first few days of the changes to his senses occurring, he broke down while watching hero videos. It was much the same as how he did the day, he was told he was quirkless. Instead now he was worried he would become the monster that killed his father. His mother did her best to keep him from thinking that. And one day she said something that finally resonated with him.

"Honey, I know you're worried. But you have the biggest heart I know. There isn't a single evil bone in your body. This quirk may have come from an evil man, but it doesn't make you evil." She told him as she cupped his knees and looked up at him in the chair.

"Can I still be a hero?" He asked with a wobbling chin and tears falling down his cheeks to the claws that tipped his fingers.

He didn't know it before, but his mother was heartbroken at not saying something when he was declared quirkless. She had only hugged him through his despair and shattered dreams. He was trying to reach out, with just as desolate of an expression as then. So, she screwed up the courage and looked her son solidly in the eyes. "You can be whatever you want to be."

A fire kindled in his eyes in that moment. He gasped at her before the final return of his blinding smile lit up their world. Since Hisashi's death, that smile had been beyond his reach. Izuku looked at his fingers with determination before he leaned forward and nuzzled his mother's neck. Spreading the scent of family and pack to her. "Mom, can I watch wolf videos?"

"Whatever you want Izuku." And with that Midoriya Inko turned her own blinding smile on her son. They would be alright. As long as they had each other.

 


 

The night of the full moon was frustrating. Izuku couldn't focus, and he got angry at every little thing. It was so unlike him it brought him to tears. Irrational wants, like aunties cookies, or Kacchan's special spicy rice caused him to have tantrum like fits. He tore claw marks into the furniture, dragged his claws on the entryway floor. He knew he was worrying his mother with his pacing. No five-year-old did this, he knew that, but he was restless. As the sun started to set a knock sounded and he fled to his bedroom. As he did, he was stopped by the rising moon. It glowed across his bedroom with silver light.

His skin ached, and his bones felt like glass. His door banged open. "Hey stupid Deku! I brought the hag's cookies! You better be grateful!" Kacchan shouted from where he burst into the room. Izuku looked back at him just as the climbing moonlight spilled over his hunched over body.

 


 

Katsuki knew something was up when his mother said she was going over to Auntie and Deku's place. Not one to be left behind ever (no he led the charge) he demanded to go too. Then he put on his shoes and left the house wordlessly. He saw his mother making those cookies and his special rice.

What was Deku doing getting treats?!

They got to the apartment and a harried looking Inko answered the door. "How bad is it?" Katsuki's mother asked.

"Please come in," Inko said and ushered them inside. "He's been irritable today. Reminds me the most of when he was teething. He can't get comfortable, all he wanted was your cookies and rice."

"I brought them, anything to help Izuchan." Katsuki's mother hummed and cupped her cheek. Katsuki took advantage and snatched the bento boxes from his mom. "Oi brat, you better deliver those to Izuchan, or you'll regret it."

"Whatever stupid hag!" Katsuki kicked his shoes off and headed into the apartment. "Hi Auntie."

"Hello Katsuki," Inko smiled endearingly at him and he stomped off to Deku's room. He didn't get what the big deal was. So, the nerd got a quirk. Big deal, it wasn't as awesome as his. So why was Deku getting special treatment?!

He grabbed the door to Deku's room and slammed it open. "Hey stupid Deku! I brought the hag's cookies! You better be grateful!"

But he saw the other five-year-old hunched over in the windows light. He tilted his head and Deku's green eyed glowed with inner light. "K-Kacchan?" He asked then he shouted and fell to his knees.

"O-Oi what's wrong with you?" Katsuki demanded as his stomach twisted.

"Ah!" Deku snarled his teeth baring through his lips, they were sharp. A ripple ran down Deku's back and he hunched up. He strained as his muscles seemed to bulge. There was a horrifying moment when fur sprouted from his skin and the bones started to shift and move under those muscles. A snout grew from Deku's face and replaced his nose and mouth. It took close to ten minutes. But then a wolf roughly Katsuki's height stood shaking itself from the clothes. It padded towards him with its tongue lolling out. It sniffed the box and looked at him expectantly.

"Deku?" Katsuki asked in a pathetically weak voice. 

The head of the wolf tilted. Those glowing eyes still watching him. The wolf was Deku?! This was his quirk?! The wolf leaned closer and Katsuki froze. He refused to move; he wasn't scared! Deku nuzzled his neck and then bumped the boxes again. Katsuki gripped the cloth holding the box in anxiety and an explosion ruined the fabric. The boxes fell and he jerked back toppling to the ground with them. Deku settled down as well, flopping his bulky body on Katsuki's legs.

"Dammit Deku! Get off!" Katsuki ordered. Deku huffed and nosed the box of cookies open. He pushed the box to him with his muzzle and watched him expectantly. Katsuki snatched a cookie. That was the whole reason he came here anyways. Deku snorted looking entirely too pleased about that before he stole the whole damn box and started to eat all of the rest. "Don't complain when I beat your ass for this Deku. I'm gonna make you cry!"

The only response he got was an uppity snort.

*

Chapter 3: Learning Curve

Summary:

Time skip. Our Deku learns just what he can do through the years. And our tsundere Kacchan stops bullying and starts challenging.

Chapter Text

Izuku embraced everything about his new quirk. Not only because it became his, but because if he didn’t, he was afraid he would hate it. So, there was no time to wallow in his grief, he had to honor his father by being the best he could be. He would never turn into the monster that had murdered his father.

At five his quirk only manifested in heightened senses and instincts. In times of great stress, he could sprout claws, or his eyes would glow. He only managed to turn into a wolf on the full moon. His mother thought he was beautiful. Auntie Mitsuki squealed when she saw him. Uncle Masaru would pat his ears. And Kacchan would snark and spit at him for getting ahead of him.

Izuku knew he loved it when Kacchan snarked and got in his face. But Izuku could taste the lies in his words. So, if Kacchan didn't think he was stupid and worthless, that meant he was talking through the lies. He had his own language, Izuku was just finally seeing it. Hidden behind the mean comments, the attitude and cursing. Was a boy who wanted to be something. Izuku loved that about Kacchan. Having Kacchan so focused on him was great. Thought Izuku didn't know why he thought so fully.

Izuku learned that he was a pack animal now. His mother, the Bakugou's, and Kacchan were his pack. He also learned that his scent marking was embarrassing. With his mother it was easy, hugging her transferred her scent to him and vice versa. When they met with Auntie Mitsuki she hugged him. Then she smelled like the pack. And uncle Masaru always had that mixture on him thanks to Auntie Mitsuki. The issue was getting Kacchan to let Izuku scent him. 

Ever since that first time transforming in the moonlight, Kacchan made a habit of staying over during the full moon. That was the only time he got to scent Kacchan properly. At first Izuku was worried he'd hurt Kacchan. But the reason he got was, "As if your mangey ass could hurt me."

What Izuku heard was, 'I trust you, and if you do hurt me...I'll return the favor.'

All that year, Kacchan was the only one to see him change shape. It was like their friendship was returned to the state it was after Kacchan's quirk manifested. Part of him worried this was only temporary. The other part relished having Kacchan see him as an equal. Or the explosive boy's definition of one. 

His worries turned out to be unfounded. When they returned to school Kacchan decided he was going to be the best at everything. And challenged Izuku to prove he could keep up. The wolf in him accepted nothing less than meeting Kacchan at the top. Kacchan was all he needed to focus on. Though the biting comments of other children still reached him, they didn't matter anymore. His quirk was special, and nothing would change that. Weak bullying was nothing in the face of meeting Kacchan's challenges, and his own expectations.

 


 

At six Izuku learned how to use his senses at will instead of them swamping him. His mother helped him with his scent tracking. They practiced on food he couldn't see, her perfume hidden somewhere in the apartment, and even the freshness of the groceries at the market.

Kacchan thought it was fun to run off into the woods and make Izuku hunt him down. He got an exhilarating feeling when Kacchan ran from him. Finding him every time with his nose. Hearing his breathing and heartbeat. It kindled something in him. The urge to hunt.

It was this year that he started taking notes about his quirk in earnest. Every little nuance was recorded and cross-referenced with what his specialist doctor learned from the villain that was still imprisoned. Dr. Mitsu had given up his UA position to research fully. It was this year that the specialist deemed him able enough to use his quirk freely like other people would even it manifested. It was his quirk and his regeneration that allowed his body to adapt to the changes. It was only one year off from when quirks would develop, and he wasn't responding negatively.

And thus, at six years old Izuku was listed with a clean bill of health. He was free to test the limits and explore his quirk at his own speed. And do with it what he wanted as he got older. His mother was relieved, and he was excited. He was going to be a hero.

 


 

At seven Izuku put a lot of effort into his schoolwork. He wanted to compete with Kacchan. His inner wolf loved the challenge. It was a battle for dominance, one they ended up duking it out academically. Izuku won some and Kacchan won others. Often it came down to a single point on their scores.

This was another factor that kept him from being bullied too much. Often students saw Kacchan and the way Izuku spoke as an opportunity to make fun of him. But before Izuku could really dissuade them himself, or walk away, Kacchan stepped in. In the other boy's mind, they were competing in everything and the other students were in the way.

"Don't think you're even close to my level. You couldn't beat Deku if you tried. What makes you think you're anything other than extras?!" That was a memorable moment. Izuku's wolf rumbled appreciatively, their Kacchan was really amazing. 

 


 

At twelve years old middle school started. This was the year Kacchan got serious about training. They pushed their limits by sparring in the woods near the park. At first Izuku couldn't step into the forest, the memories of that last camping trip still too fresh. So, he remained in the park at first, hyper aware of his surroundings.

Scenting was what he trained in the most while Kacchan worked to strengthen his explosions. The smell of nitroglycerin and smoke cemented itself as Kacchan's base scent. Izuku gained an acute awareness of the wilderness. Nothing moved without him hearing it either. He always knew where Kacchan was, so he never ended up worrying about something or someone sneaking up on them.

Then he discovered how much he still liked the woods. His instincts demanded he race through the trees, own his territory. So, he did, he mastered the woods. Chasing rabbits, sneaking up on Kacchan (much to the others chagrin). He became much more in tune with the wolf side of himself. 

 


 

As middle school progressed, he designated much of his mornings to tracking hero fights. He raced to them to take notes. Often being wowed by the tactics or bothered that he found a more efficient way and the heroes went in another direction. But they were pros, so he took notes regardless.

About this time of year things changed drastically for Izuku. The other students in his class decided they didn't like Kacchan's abrasive attitude. They said he was cocky, but Izuku thought it was just extreme confidence. He had a lot of control over his quirk, he had a big dream, and the drive to back it up.

The students may have respected Kacchan at first, but he didn't respect them. The older they got; the more other students noticed. They couldn't bully him because Kacchan was too strong to go up against. So, they tried targeting Izuku, the only person Kacchan interacted with.

At first Izuku was shocked. No one had tried to bully him since the first grade. He could have put a stop to it by acting like Kacchan did. But that would require him to use his quirk to scare them off. Kacchan's quirk was flashy. Izuku's quirk was scary sometimes.

His wolf wanted him to get into a physical fight with his bullies. Show them who was dominant. That impulse scared Izuku. Normally Izuku relished the wrestling instinct. It was fun, a way to blow off steam and play with Kacchan. Even now in middle school. A pack bonding experience. Everything he researched said so. That instinct wasn't the same as the one saying he needed to fight to prove he was stronger.

Izuku swore to never let his wolf side control him. Letting go and fighting his bullies was selfish. Something to do for himself instead of for others. So, he forced the feelings down and let them bully him. It didn't matter, he was going to be a hero one day. This was nothing.

 


 

One full moon Izuku was having a hard time getting his mind settled enough to make the shift into wolf form. He sat in the shadows of his room looking at his hands. They were tipped with claws and sprouting dark green fur up to his elbows. They'd been that way since the he'd women up.

The other students had seen that day at school and started asking questions. Outside of his heightened senses no one knew just what his quirk was. He'd tried to explain that it was a mutation quirk. Someone said he'd make a weird looking wolf.

Suddenly self-conscious of what he looked like turning he flashed back to Kacchan's stricken face from the first time he transformed. He remembered how scary the monster that bit him looked. Was Izuku creepy looking? Would he be too scary to be a hero?

A loud knock came to his door that night. "Stupid Deku, I'm fucking here." Kacchan's deepening voice growled from the other side of the door. "Let me the fuck in."

"Go away Kacchan." Izuku grumbled, he didn't want Kacchan to see him like this.

"Hah, what the fuck did you say shitty nerd?!" Kacchan snarled. "You better rethink that attitude!"

Izuku growled and got up jerking the locked door open by sharply turning the knob. The door opened and they were baring their teeth at each other. "I said, go away, Kacchan." Izuku growled.

"Shut up and change already you fucking Deku." Kacchan glared right into his face. "At least you're not annoying when you're a wolf."

"Maybe I don't want to change, stupid Kacchan," Izuku growled back.

"Why the fuck not?" Kacchan shoved past him. "Shut up and do it already."

Izuku's eyes tracked Kacchan across the room. He swallowed the possessive growl that rumbled in his chest. Seeing Kacchan flop onto his bed wasn't good for his heart. No matter what his inner wolf said. He looked at his claws and then back at Kacchan. "Do you...do you think I look weird as a wolf?"

"The fuck?" Kacchan jerked to look at him, the expression of annoyance clear. "Don't say stupid shit. Of course, you look fucking weird. A shitty nerd like you...turning into...into that."

Kacchan looked suddenly uncomfortable. But Izuku heard his meaning. Izuku's eyes widened as spontaneous explosions went off in Kacchan's hands. "As if I fucking care what you look like you shitty nerd. Just fucking do it already!"

"Of course," Izuku smiled warmly and looked down to hide his blush. "Kacchan."

"Shut the fuck up Deku!"

Izuku reached down and pulled his shirt off. He left his shorts on but dared to look up. Kacchan was looking away. His brows drawn down over angry red eyes. A furious blush on his cheeks. Kacchan was cute.

Stepping closer into the moonlight the itch under his skin boiled over as he grunted and felt his body fold down into his wolf form. Since his childhood he'd decreased his change time to around two minutes. Shaking his legs and tail loose from his shorts and boxers he stretched.

Wearing his wolf skin was the easiest way to make Kacchan smell like him. He saw Kacchan sit against his bed and rifle through his bag for his tablet. Izuku leaned on him and snuffled his hair. Nitroglycerin and sharp smoke. One statement from Kacchan and he felt better. The scent of Kacchan's embarrassed lies were the best comfort to him. He always said one thing but meant another.

Snorting into Kacchan's hair he thumped to the floor. His head pillowed on his friend's knee. The tablet lit up and they were suddenly watching videos of All Might. Nothing comforted Izuku more than this. Kacchan's fingers suddenly worked behind his ears and he flicked his tail in appreciation but didn't move. Making sure his mate wouldn't run was a priority. Izuku would wait until Kacchan was comfortable.

*

Chapter 4: Interlude: Katsuki

Summary:

Throw in the interlude before we get into it. This time it's Katsuki's take on what happened. What he thinks of our cinnamon roll Deku.

Chapter Text

Katsuki remembered clearly the day Midoriya Izuku was introduced to him. It was at the park between their respective homes. Their mothers had been friends in college. So, at three years old they were finally introduced to each other.

Izuku was a waif of a little kid. His hair was a green curly mess. His eyes were massive and expressive above freckled cheeks. They were young enough that they had immediate nicknames. A concept Katsuki adopted in all forms of his life. His nicknames were easier to remember than actual names. So, he was called Kacchan, and Izuku became Izuchan.

He remembered the wide-eyed awe the kid displayed whenever Katsuki did something brave or daring. Out of all the kids they played with Izuchan was the most consistent. The one that followed him everywhere. It was no wonder they hit it off, All Might was their favorite hero. Sleepovers and video games, late nights watching the news despite their mothers getting after them. Even baths were shared at that young age.

Katsuki remembered it all, and how much it all changed when he got his quirk.

It was in kindergarten. His palms felt sweaty, so he looked down and held them out. But they sparked with miniature crackles. No more than a firecracker would do. He'd already gotten used to other people praising him for the good things he could do, or the achievements he had. Izuchan was one of them.

"Wow! Kacchan you're amazing!" Izuchan's voice could be heard over the other kids in class getting excited. The teachers were even riled up.

"What a wonderful quirk. You'll be an amazing hero one day." Various praises hit his ears but all he could focus on was that he was amazing. And that he was more amazing than anyone else.

Playing changed. The moment cemented in his mind that Izuchan thought he was weak, was when he fell. Exploring a fenced off section of the woods in the park. Leading the charge, that's what he was made of. He wanted to be like All Might. He wanted to lead the charge all the time. He wanted everyone to believe in him.

But his foot slipped as they crossed a log. And he tumbled into the creek. He laughed it off as no big deal. He wasn't even hurt. But there Izuku was, sliding down the bank and offering his hand like Katsuki needed help. "Kacchan are you alright, can you walk?"

That moment set a rift between them. It was like Izuku, his best friend, didn't believe in his ability to get back up. It hurt him, it angered him, it ignited a deep explosive part of him filled with indignation. Would it always be like this? Izuku looking down on him as if he were better?! So, he slapped Izuku's hand away. He wanted to hear Izuku believe in him. Not look at him like he was weak.

It spiraled from there. A loop he perpetuated as much as he was caught in it. Renaming his nickname Deku after Izuku found out he was quirkless. Making fun of him for his crybaby responses to things. Trying to ditch him when he came to the park. The final straw was when he stood up to Katsuki, standing between him and another kid.

This quirkless loser thought he could save someone else. In a real situation he'd be dead. If Deku didn't want to die, he needed to learn his limitations now. If Katsuki had to beat it into him he would. 

 


 

The summer Deku went on a trip with his parents, something unexpected happened. A phone call came in the middle of the night. Katsuki heard it and went to investigate, young and a bit of a snoop at this age. His father was at the phone, and he hastily ran to get his wife.

"Inko! Inko oh my God!" Katsuki's mother's screeching grated on his ears. "Just wait there, I'll be there soon!"

"You need to go," Masaru said. "I'll stay with Katsuki."

"She said Izuku is in critical condition! And Hisashi-Hisashi-...!" His mother started to sob. His mother, who communicated in yelling and cursing, sobbed.

She left in a whirlwind and his father turned on the TV. A news cast was showing a mountain and a campsite. A monstrous creature that looked vaguely wolf like was thrashing in full bodied restraints. Gray fur coated it's arms and shoulders and sides. A half wolf face was covered in the muzzle cuff. A few of the local heroes were there. Escorting the villain to a transport vehicle.

Wait... He remembered Auntie saying her husband was coming home. And they were planning to take Deku camping. "Katsuki," His father called from where he sat tense on the edge of the couch. "Izuku and his parents were attacked by a villain while they were camping. Izuku is at the hospital right now. He's lost a lot of blood."

That rocked his world. He'd tried so hard to make Deku see for the past year he was quirkless. That meant he was weaker than someone with a quirk. He needed to give up on being a hero and leave that to the people who could be a hero. And some asshole villain just showed up and attacked him?! "What hero captured the villain?"

His question was answered by the television. "The villain Lycan was apprehended after attacking a campsite here in the Musutafu Mountains. A citizen held onto the villain while his family and the other campers escaped. His heroic actions saved many lives."

An explosion ripped out of Katsuki's hands.

 


 

After Deku made it home and healed up. The funeral happened. Deku looked so horrible it hit Katsuki even harder. The idea of anyone losing their parent was inconceivable.

In the wake of all of the chaos it was discovered that the villain who attacked Deku, and killed his father, had an infectious quirk. As Deku was the only surviving person bitten by Lycan, he inherited the same quirk.

Deku changed after that attack. He was healing, Auntie said so. And after he saw for himself what Deku could become. He knew this was only the start. He needed to know everything. So, he researched wolves. Learned they were pack animals, they fought for dominance among the ranks of their pack, protected one another, and fought together.

After Deku almost died, he didn't want him anywhere other than right beside him. Their friendship mended. He went out of his way to be there when Deku changed shape every month. It was mesmerizing. Like watching his explosions, or All Might videos. Deku became something else, with expressive eyes, and a powerful animal shape.

The friends that followed him around to make fun of Deku started to piss him off. So, he made it painfully clear they weren't worth anything. The same things continued to happen even in school. And he noticed Deku didn't care about what they said. The crybaby was still there, just underneath it was a more dominant personality.

If Deku didn't think they were worth the effort, then they weren't even close to being worth his time. He started to see Deku craved and responded well to being challenged by him. The look on his face would haunt Katsuki forever. Green eyes glowing in a human face and teeth bared in a challenging smirk. This Deku was just a stronger version of who he was before. Confidence making him fight back with Katsuki.

Like hell he was that cool. When Deku won at their academic challenges a wrestling match had to happen. He couldn't stand losing. Even if it was fun to get as good as he gave in a fight.

The years in elementary progressed this way. Steadily getting stronger with his quirk, seeing Deku get more and more control of his own. His dream of being the best hero was getting closer every day. Having Deku to chase his heels lit a fire under his ass to not lose to the damn werewolf.

 


 

It was in middle school that he realized he had a fucking crush on Deku. They had begun to train out in the woods. And Deku finally got over himself enough to actually walk into the tree line. But it was also day he wanted to train with evasion tactics. They'd played hide and seek before, with Deku using Katsuki's scent to hunt him down. This day they played tag.

The game started simple enough. He sprinted into the woods and made it pretty far in when he felt like eyes were on him. Every time he turned around; he didn't see Deku. But he knew the other boy was there, watching and waiting. As focused as Deku got even he mumbled like an asshole into his notebooks.

The idea that Deku could jump out of anywhere got Katsuki's blood pumping. Adrenaline coursed through him and he kept moving. That Deku was hunting him made him feel a little frantic. He would need to get that under control right the fuck now. Deku shot out of the underbrush to his right. How the fuck did he get there?!

Deku bowled him over and they rolled in the leaves. As they rolled, he started to fight back. Punches were swung and kicks went out. But Deku came out on top. Looking up into those green glowing eyes, seeing Deku pant above him before he turned a sharp victorious smile at Katsuki...it crippled him.

He had a fucking crush.

He shoved Deku off with plenty of cursing and they started again. Katsuki won the next three rounds. That night he promptly freaked out spurring on a screaming match between his mother and himself. His explosions left soot on the floor and the fucking couch.

After that was done, he looked up everything about wolves and mating rituals. Pairing that with pack bonding he deemed himself well and truly fucked. 

 


 

Katsuki could say with utter certainty that he was lost on Deku. There were no two ways about it, he was ruined. All it took was that cute face grinning at him, awe filled observations, snarky smirks, and focused mumbling. He fucking loved all of it.

Deku had no business being so damn cute. And if Katsuki was fucked on the idiot in human form, he was slayed on him in wolf form. The head tilts, magnificent looks, and annoying uppity behavior. And for Deku to get self-conscious because some asshole extras decided to have an opinion on what his quirk looked like on the full moon... That left Katsuki so pissed off he damn near betrayed his secret. He wanted to beat down his entire class.

Sitting in Deku's room, watching All Might, with Deku's wolf head flopped against his leg...it was perfect. He even dared to run his fingers through the unruly pelt of green fur. Maybe it wasn't so bad, having a crush on Deku.

*

Chapter 5: Midoriya Izuku: Origin

Summary:

This got deleted twice omg. I'm dying. But we're caught up now.

Chapter Text

Tatooine Station was bustling with people as Izuku raced towards a crowd forming near a bridge that held the train tracks. A criminal was rampaging there and Izuku did not want to miss seeing the resulting fight. He made it to the edge of the crowd and immediately pushed his way through.

His eyes widened in excitement as he noticed Death Arms and Backdraft keeping the crowd from going closer. Kamui Woods swooped in above them and Izuku almost vibrated out of his skin. Kamui Woods was still fairly new so any new information Izuku could get for his analysis notebook was gold.

He got really into the fight until a massive woman soared over the crowd and slammed feet first into the criminal. She landed and towered above even the buildings. Izuku whipped his notebook out and started taking notes on her. As he tuned his listening in, he noticed this was her debut. What a lucky find! 

Her quirk seemed to be gigantification. That made her a powerhouse. But with how big she got she couldn't fight effectively without causing massive property damage. He noticed the time as the criminal was restrained and taken to the police transport vehicle. Mt. Lady, the debutante heroine, smiled for the camera and waved to the crowd. A serene and uplifting smile on her face.

Izuku closed his notebook happily and sprinted off. He still had to meet Kacchan at the school gates. When they were younger, they commuted together; but once their second year of junior high started, Kacchan started training by himself in the mountains. That was when Izuku started what he called puberty: werewolf version.

He knew puberty would happen but when it did it smacked him in the face. He'd known Kacchan was his mate instinctively, but man did he know it now. A sexual desire hit him like nothing else. His crush became so much more. Which flustered him to no end, he couldn't even think of confessing. The idea was sure to give him heart palpitations. You know...if his heart could even do that anymore.

On the werewolf side of things, his full moon days were the worst. Every year he'd gotten more and more irritated during that day. Instead of just his forearms, fur spread up to frame his biceps and shoulders. His teeth stayed sharp. His eyes glowed. He thought he looked rather menacing. Not to mention he got extremely irritated at everything. Often the only person who could keep him calm was his mother and her sweet nature. Or Kacchan who would growl in his face and they'd wrestle it out until he calmed. It worried him, because it was at this time that his strength went up. With his wolf closer than ever to the surface he was concerned he'd lose control if he wasn't careful.

He must have taken too long to get to the gates because Kacchan was already there. "Stupid Deku, you're fucking late!" His mate yelled.

"S-Sorry Kacchan!" Izuku called as he jogged up. "I was checking out the fight at the station."

"Fucking Nerd." Kacchan snarled in annoyance and turned. The first bell rang and Izuku watched the angry hunch to his mate's shoulders. It put just how much Kacchan had worked on himself into stark relief. Izuku's wolf growled lowly in appreciation. Kacchan got halfway to the school entrance when he whirled back a look of serious threat in his eyes.

"C-Coming Kacchan!" Izuku assured the other boy. 

 


 

The class was rowdy as always. The noise grating on his ears. Kacchan sauntered to his desk and kicked his feet up, unfazed as always. Izuku settled into his desk and tried to ignore the sound level. The teacher, thankfully, swept in and the class quieted quickly. They went through greetings and then the teacher addressed them.

"So, you're all third years now... It's time to start seriously thinking about your futures and what you're going to do with your lives. I'd pass out career aptitude tests but what's the point," He flung a handful of papers into the air and laughed, "I know you're all are going for the hero track!"

The class erupted with spontaneous use of quirks. Izuku winced at the extra noise and continued pulling his notebooks out. Kacchan had to join in, "Hey, don't lump me in with these losers. I'm the real deal, these guys'll be lucky to end up a side kick to some busted D-lister."

The class blew up on Kacchan. What had once been respect to Kacchan turned to ire, as usual. No one liked to be talked down to, which was 90% of what Kacchan said to anyone. Kacchan made it his goal to point out how much better he was than everyone else. Most called it arrogance, and while that was true. Izuku thought it was just a lot of confidence.

"Your test scores are good, so you could probably get into UA." The teacher remarked. Which spawned a bunch of whispers disbelief and awe?

But Izuku's mate was arrogant, even if it was cute. 

On a roll now Kacchan jumped up to start a tirade about being the best hero, even over All Might. And how he'd be the richest, and most popular hero of all time. The teacher cut in, this particular speech of Kacchan was long winded. Izuku was subjected to it on the regular. "Oh yeah Midoriya, didn't you want to go to UA too?"

Ah, that sent a new spiral through the class. One Izuku shrunk from in embarrassment. "What Midoriya? No way."

"With a quirk like that, he'd be better off a villain." The remarks of the other students raised his hackles.

"There's no rule saying a quirk is good or bad!" Izuku shot up to defend himself. He knew everyone was afraid of him on the full moon. But that didn't make his quirk evil. Sure, the only documented information on his quirk were about criminal Lycan. But Izuku had never used his quirk against anyone else.

"Listen up!" An explosion peppered the air as Kacchan got up and stomped back to Izuku's desk. "As if you rejects could ever get into UA. Why would they want anyone else when they could have me?"

Kacchan had growled it all out. Emulating a bit of wolf behavior as he was always doing. Effectively drawing the attention away from Izuku. The words were insulting, as he no doubt wanted them to be. But his gaze was challenging. What no one knew about Kacchan was that his insults were also a challenge to prove him wrong. No one could rightly refute Kacchan on much, he was top of the class with Izuku only two points behind.

Class resumed and Izuku smiled to himself 'Kacchan defended me.'

 


 

Once the day concluded Izuku set about packing his things up when his hero analysis book was snatched from his grip by Kacchan. He looked up baring his teeth in annoyance and Kacchan met his gaze with an air of anger.

He pressed the book between his hands and a low explosion torched the edges. "Wah, Kacchan that's so mean!" Izuku dove for it but Kacchan outright growled at him. The tone conveyed warning. So, ingrained into Izuku was his response to that tone from his mate, he froze.

"Most promising heroes show potential early on. Everyone just looks at them and know they're destined for greatness." Kacchan said and hurled the book out the open window. Izuku rushed forward and gasped as it hit the fountain down below. "If I'm the only person to go to UA from this garbage junior high it'll be real fucking annoying."

Kacchan grabbed a handful of Izuku's shirt and glared. This wasn't the glare he wore all the time. No this was a glare for Izuku alone; a warning and a threat. 'Get your shit together' it said. With a shove Kacchan made for the door. The opportunity to get back at him was gone. In the past year he'd stopped fighting back on everything.

"Man, I thought he at least had some fight left in him." Another student still in the class said.

"He just finally gets it; he'll never be a hero with a quirk like that. Better he learns it now." 

That wasn't true, no one knew what his quirk could do. He never let the wolf loose, so he could never be a danger to anyone. Why did no one see that?

"You know, if you're that scared of your quirk," Kacchan stood at the door his eyes dark with fury. "Pray to be born with a different one in your next life. Then take a swan dive of the school roof or something."

Izuku felt the growl rise up in him at the exact moment Kacchan sparked his hands in threat. Angry at himself Izuku looked away, he wouldn't lash out at his mate in anger. Kacchan growled again in frustration and stormed off. He was no stranger to Kacchan testing how dominant his wolf was, but this... Kacchan hadn't bullied him since kindergarten.

Gathering his things up Izuku went to the back of the building. 'Idiot, you can't just go around telling people to kill themselves. What if I'd really gone and jumped? What would he do then?!'

But there was a reason behind everything Kacchan did. That much about his mate Izuku knew. Out of the blue deciding to bully him, that wasn't like Kacchan anymore. Izuku looked at this hero book being nibbled on by fish. "Okay that's enough, give it back."

As he neared the fountain the fish darted away. He flinched as he grabbed his book, even animals were scared of him. He'd vowed for so long to be a hero and prove to the world that this quirk could be used for good. Was that what Kacchan was referring to?

It was true he'd stopped ignoring the bullying. Ever since his quirk pushed forward on the full moon, he'd become more determined than ever to show others that he wasn't scary at all. So, the other students took advantage of getting to bully him despite how fierce his wolf made him look that day of the month.

Kacchan had always been a practical learner, and a silent theorist. Izuku was the opposite. But he had the capability of being much more practical. He'd gotten scared of losing control, so he'd stopped training his quirk on the past year.

Izuku had passed all the mock exams and practical tests that Kacchan had. He could be a hero right? Not if he was afraid of his quirk as Kacchan had said. And if that were all true that would make Izuku a hypocrite. Dreaming and saying he was going to be a hero while doing nothing to make it come true.

Izuku approached the underpass into the residential neighborhoods. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. He needed to start believing in himself and smile just like All Might. He was not going to hide from his quirk anymore. He was going to do better, if he couldn't... What right did he have to be a hero? Or even to become a worthy mate and partner to Kacchan? 

Halfway through the underpass Izuku's hackles raised and his hearing sharpened. He felt eyes on his back. He twisted around and saw a massive blob of sludge. His nose stung at the scent of death rolling off this man. "You'll make a perfect skin suit for me to hide in." The sludge man burbled, before the whole mass of it surged at Izuku. Parts of it snuck into his clothes and into his mouth. "Don't worry I'm just taking over your body. It'll be easier on both of us if you just stop fighting."

But Izuku was digging claws into the mass and struggling as his lungs burned. It felt like the taste of filth and rot was all over him, in him. His organs started to fill up with this disgusting goo. He fought even as his body stared to get weak.

All of a sudden a surge of energy he kept hidden for safety, burned through him. A transformation went over him. Purging the sludge back out of him. His muscles bulged and half his wolf form rolled out of him. He was still surrounded and despite how much he dug in his claws, he didn't think he was injuring the criminal.

"TEXAS SMASH!" A voice rebounded through the gelatinous form of the villain. Just then a concussive blast of force blew the sludge off of him. And while it did Izuku slipped off his feet. His transformation ebbing away immediately.

 


 

"Hey, wake up, hey." A deep voice cut through Izuku's foggy consciousness. He coughed and sucked in air before gaping in stunned shock at the figure above him. All Might! "Thought we lost you there!"

Izuku had a miniature freak out as his body returned to its human shape. He scrambled back in pure hysteria, that only seemed to make All Might chuckle. "Well looks like you're moving around okay. Sorry about getting you caught up in my hero-ing. I usually pay more attention to keeping bystanders safe. Turns out this city's sewer system is pretty difficult to navigate!"

'Oh my God, I was just saved by All Might!'

"Anyway, you were a big help, thanks to you-," All Might help up two large plastic bottles containing the same sludge that tried to kill him. All Might struck a pose while holding the bottles, "I captured the evil doer! "

'He looks so much cooler in person!'

Izuku was so star struck and horrified at the posing he was completely speechless. He saw his notebook and scrambled for it he needed to get an autograph. He opened it to the center and there was already one scrawled across the pages.

'He already signed it?!'

Izuku immediately started bowing frantically in thanks. Swearing to treasure it and turn it into a family heirloom. All Might gave him a thumbs up and patted the bottle he had secured in his cargo pockets. "Well, I've gotta get this guy to the police, take care!"

"W-Wait your leaving already?" Izuku asked hysterically.

"Pro heroes are constantly fighting time, as well as enemies!" All Might stretched a few times as Izuku stumbled forward.

'He can't go yet, there's still so many questions I have to ask him.'

"Now stand back, I'm taking off!" All Might crouched low and Izuku lunged for him "Thanks for your continued support! "

Izuku grabbed the hero's pant leg as he jumped, and they soared into the sky. The wind whipped through his hair and the ground spiraled below them. All Might must have noticed him because he looked down and saw him dangling there with claws dug into those pants. "Hey, hey, hey! What do you think you're doing?!"

All Might's legs moved frantically and Izuku kept his grip tightly. He was not sure if he could survive the fall. And if he did it still took a few hours for bones to heal. As proven by the tree he fell out of when trying to sneak up on Kacchan. Resulting in his broken arm, it took an hour to heal fully. "Let go, I love my fans, but this is too much!"

"No, wait, were flying if I let go now I'll die!" Izuku yelled as his eyes teared up in fear, he really didn't want to test the limits of his regeneration ability.

"Oh, that's a good point." All Might remarked and stopped struggling with him as they flew through the sky.

"I just have a lot of things I want to ask you personally. You're my all-time favorite hero!" Izuku wailed trying to convince his hero to hear him out. Suddenly All Might's hand slid behind his neck and the comfort that immediately washed through him spoke of pack. But how was that possible? He'd just met All Might?

They landed and all of Izuku's strength deserted him. "My whole life just flashed before my eyes." He moaned pitifully.

"Not a very smart move," All Might said sternly. "Bang on the door a while, someone will let you in. Now, I have to go. See you on the flip side."

"Wait!" Izuku's werewolf metabolism swallowed his fear pretty quickly. "One second! I have to know!"

Thoughts of his quirkless days, the bullying by Kacchan who turned out to be his mate. His mother's tears when he asked if he could still be a hero. His father's death, and his inheriting of a monstrous quirk everyone thought he'd lose control of. His fear of it, and Kacchan's rough way of trying to get him past it all. He needed to not give up, ever. "Is it possible to become a hero even if I inherited a dangerous quirk?"

All might stilled near the railing of the roof.

"I was a normal kid who was quirkless. Until a villain killed my father and passed this infectious mutation quirk to me. It's dangerous and scary. Can I ever hope to be someone like you?" He blurted it all out quickly and felt his whole body tense up. He'd grown so used to hearing others say his quirk was better suited to a villain. Someone who would rampage and hurt others. It didn't bother him until it started to again.

All Might turned to look at him.

*

Chapter 6: What It Takes To Be A Hero

Summary:

Izuku gets an answer and experiences the catalyst to using his power. Fear is so relative when your feet move before your brain can decide what to do.

Notes:

Thanks for reading everyone. I'm having a lot of fun getting this idea out. I hope you're all having fun reading.

Chapter Text

The wind was cool as it blew across the roof between Izuku and All Might. His confessed history and his fear of his quirk hung like weights on him. If he could be a hero like All Might? That was a question that haunted him to this day.

"Quirkless?" All Might asked. 

Izuku opened his eyes and his tension ebbed a fraction.  "I was...before I was attacked. His quirk was infectious, so it passed a copy onto me. I've had the werewolf quirk since I was five. I worry that I'll lose control of it. My...someone important said that I'm afraid of my quirk. And I think he's right. Other people think it makes me a monster and because I don't use it, that makes me weak. But that makes me want to do better. I want to save people and show them my fearless smile. Like you."

All Might groaned suddenly and bent over double next to the roof railing. Izuku froze in concern when a cloud of steam came off of his skin. Izuku gaped as the steam was whisked away with the wind. In its place was a skeletal man. Lanky blond hair fell in front of his face and was wild at the back of his head. Gaunt cheekbones and sunken eyes stared back at him.

Izuku screamed.

 


 

Katsuki growled under his breath as he stomped around the Tatooine Shopping District. Frustration boiled under his skin; he'd just done something that made his skin crawl. Bullying Deku for fun was one thing. Sometimes Deku needed that to get out of his head. Deku always seemed to know what Katsuki was talking about. To them it was as much play as it was him treating Deku like a normal person. Why hadn't Deku risen to the challenge with the attitude he kept buried? 

It was their third year. And he knew what he wanted to do. Katsuki was going to UA. He was going to become the number one hero, and earn the popularity and money afforded to that title. He was going to one day fight and win against his hero All Might. In no version of his dream was Deku not there, chasing his steps, ready to overtake him. Make it all a challenge. Like everything else they did together.

He knew what he felt for the damn nerd. But seeing Deku give up on training his quirk, once he had a basic understanding of it, pissed Katsuki off. There was more that werewolf shit could do. He'd seen the body that werewolf villain had. Deku could control his version of it. He was too studious not to.

Why the fuck couldn't Deku see that?

First, he'd worried his wolf form was weird. And sure, it was, but Katsuki only ever saw it as a more animal version of Deku. Same stupid eyes, same shitty attitude. Katsuki loved it all. 

And he'd just told the idiot to go kill himself. Fuck.

Why the fuck did that Deku let people start bullying him again? The entire class, hell the entire world, could go fuck itself. Deku had the potential to be scary, but he was too much of a cream puff to really get scary. The fucking scary one was Katsuki.

Crouching down Katsuki ran a hand across the back of his head. He'd even burned Deku's analysis notebook. Dammit. Why the fuck didn't he ever think before he did shit like that? Making a point was one thing. Burning the book because Deku had been late to meet up earlier in the morning was petty. The kind of jealous shit Katsuki kept a lid on.

Deku could not know Katsuki was fucking in love with him.

A strange noise drew his attention up to a steadily growing mass of goo. Katsuki glared at the interruption and got to his feet, his hands sparking in threat. It lunged for him and he bared his teeth like he would when he wrestled with Deku.

 


 

"Y-You're not All Might." Izuku gaped at the spindly man. Emaciated and stinking of sickness instead of the confusing mesh of scent All Might wore. It was still a summer scent though.  "I-Imposter!"

"No, I'm All Might," The man's voice wasn't that booming tone, instead it was a deep normal sound. He then coughed up blood violently, Izuku screamed again. The man flapped his hand placatingly.  "You know those guy's at the swimming pools, the ones who stuck it in. It's like that."

"That's not even how that works!" Izuku screeched hysterically. "All Might is a giant of a man who saves everybody and beats all obstacles and enemies with a fearless smile on his face!"

It strangely felt like he was clinging to that reality instead of the truth staring him in the face. "There's plenty of fear behind that smile." All Might said and settled into a sitting position.  "I'm counting on you to keep your mouth shut. Don't go talking about this online or telling your friends."

Izuku stood in shock even as he watched as this skeletal All Might lifted his shirt. Izuku frantically waved his hands in embarrassment before the sight of the scar stilled him. There on that emaciated form, was a torso packed with as much muscle as it could, given how little there was of said body. But on the ribs on his left side, was a spiraling scar. It was mottled with old suture marks; the raised ridges were still discolored.

"Pretty gross right?" All Might asked. The tone was dark as if it evoked a poor memory. Izuku still had the bite mark scar on his shoulder from that fateful day. It was the only one that he had. No evidence of his injury after his turning started.  "Got this in a big fight five years back. My respiratory system is basically destroyed. No stomach, all the surgeries have pretty much worn me out. And it can't be fixed, I can only do hero work for three hours a day."

Immediately Izuku thought of the research Dr. Mitsu had compiled. The shared discoveries, whatever he learned from Lycan, was given to Izuku so he knew what to expect. He knew Dr. Mitsu had concluded, based on Lycan's testimony, that organs could be regrown.

There was no link between all the people Lycan attacked. He was the only person with injuries light enough to survive from. The one thing Lycan had divulged was that their bite was only infectious when turned on the full moon. A gland would surface under his tongue and it exuded the viral hormone that would make one a werewolf.

Izuku was always careful not to bite Kacchan. But even more so on the full moon. He stopped before he could explain that to All Might. Fearful of not only himself but the implications. It may be public knowledge that he got his quirk from Lycan's bite, but it was not known that he could also pass it on. Technically they listed their quirks differently for that reason.

"Wait. Five years ago?" Izuku's mind raced over all the videos and articles he knew of about All Might.  "The fight with Toxic Chainsaw? "

"Wow, you know your stuff," All Might chuckled.  "But no, most of the world has never heard of this fight. I did everything I could to keep it under wraps. I'm supposed to be the guy who's always smiling right? The Symbol of Peace? "

He looked devastated by sharing his information. As if being this injured was heartbreaking to him. It was for Izuku.  "People everywhere have to think that I'm never afraid. Honestly kid, I smile to hide the fear inside. It's just a brave face I put on when the pressure is on me."

Izuku knew that feeling. He'd put on a brave face for his mother. The hurt they both still felt over the loss of Izuku's father. And the mild one he wore to hide just how volatile his emotions could be if his wolf reacted. Or even the simple one, to hide how afraid he was of being the monster Lycan was.

All Might got back to his feet and Izuku looked at the skeletal man. The hero he'd always idolized. The measuring stick by which the world was compared.  "This job isn't easy. Pro heroes are always having to risk their lives. Some villains just can't be beaten without quirks and full confidence in them. So no, I don't think you can be a hero if you don't trust your quirk. How can you ask citizens to put their trust in you, if you don't even trust yourself? "

"I see." Izuku felt his heart drop. It was everything Kacchan had been trying to say. Kacchan trusted in his own abilities. There was no doubt of that. But Izuku...Izuku was so weak. Little better than when he was quirkless.

"If you still want to help people, there are plenty of other ways to do so. Become a police officer, you'll get crap because the heroes make most of the captures, but it's a fine profession." All Might walked to the door and with a sharp twist he opened the way into the stairs. "It's not bad to have a dream young man. Just make sure your dreams are attainable, and realistic. Do you understand?"

Izuku understood he was still weak. A pitiful wine came out of his throat. How could he ever be a hero? How could he ever be with Kacchan? How could he ever honor his father's loss? 

 


 

Katsuki struggled in the glue-like mass that held him captive. His wild eyes caught massive explosions going off in the shopping area he'd been dragged to. It wouldn't fucking budge. The damn heroes were busy getting people out of the way and putting out the fires. He was pretty sure the villain that held him was absorbing his quirk.  

"You picked the wrong guy to mess with!" Katsuki roared as he struggled to pull himself free.  "I'm gonna send you back to whatever sewer you crawled out of!"

He bent forward but the goo had put so much force into restraining him it yanked him further into the sludge.  "Let me go!"

He tried using his own explosions to get some distance but the chemicals coming off this bastard only amplified them out of his grasp. That fucking face seemed to taunt him as it swept over his mouth and nose. Air cut off he struggled anew. He needed help and he'd never asked for help before.

Dammit if he didn't make it out he'd never get to see Deku again. He'd never get to do all the things he wanted with his dreams. He'd never get to tell the idiot he wanted to do all the hero training, all the pro work with him. He'd never...he'd never get to tell Deku he loved him.

 


 

Izuku felt more lost than ever. If All Might didn't believe he could be a hero, what was he even doing with his life? What was the point of going to every fight and recording all that data? No wonder Kacchan had done what he did, Izuku had been deluding himself all these years.

He'd made so much progress in elementary school. And in their second year of middle school he just dropped it all at a crucial time. Too afraid to embrace the more violent side of himself. Too weak to try. Too star struck by pro heroes to look beyond himself and see what he was doing to himself. To his dreams.

Kacchan saw. He always did.

Izuku stopped on the sidewalk he'd been listlessly walking on. A massive crowd of people were gathered at the entrance to the shopping district and smoke billowed into the sky. He'd seen the initial explosion from the roof. Was it still going on? What was he even doing here?

As if compelled he walked across the street. Leaning on tiptoes to look around some of the people. He spied a massive collection of sludge and his eyes narrowed. That didn't make sense, All Might captured the villain. Izuku's eyes widened in horror as he realized the bottles must have fallen when they had scrambled together in the air. After Izuku's crazy fan boy tendencies made him grab. Onto. All. Might's. Leg. Like. A. Lunatic! 

Now All Might was out of time and the villain was on the loose again. All his fault. No wonder All Might thought he couldn't be a hero. He was so fucking worthless! 

Murmurs went through the crowd about the heroes not doing anything. That a civilian was captured by the sludge monster. And they couldn't get any further with the fires raging.

Izuku titled his head and saw the captured civilian in the muck and his heart raced. He remembered being in that mess. Unable to breathe, he'd thought he was going to die before his wolf form pushed up to give him a few more seconds of desperate fighting. If All Might hadn't come he might have died. This citizen might just if they couldn't get to him in time.

It was then the hostage leaned back and Izuku knew that ash blond hair. He knew those crimson eyes. Kacchan?! Kacchan's eyes were squinted in desperation. He was fighting, Izuku's mate was in there, his mate was in danger?!

Izuku felt the transformation and yanked his backpack off. He been able to do single limb transformations since he was small. And the closer to the moon the more he could do the Wolfman shift. Where his wolf colored his human features. He could only become a full wolf on the full moon. But this time. This time his inner wolf merged mentalities with him.

He felt his fingers sprout claws. The fur covered his entire body. His legs bent and lengthened into canine shape. His head made the full shift as well. His uniform ripped and his shoes shredded. But he didn't care. The entire transformation was instantaneous. The tiled his head back and howled a violent dangerous threat at the sludge villain.

He lunged through the crowd as they scrambled out of his way. His mate was in danger, he would tear that sludge bastard to shreds. The heroes tried to stop them, but he was too fast. He spotted the villain's face in the sludgy mess. Remembering his tactics notes he swung his backpack, still miraculously in his grip, at the villain's eyes. Momentarily stunning him. That gave Izuku the opening to dig his claws into the muck around Kacchan. He dug in desperate to free his mate.

 


 

Katsuki heard the deafening howl and with wide eyes watering from lack of air he saw Deku rush into the fray. And who else would have the ridiculous quirk with the shitty green fur? He looked magnificent. Lanky, but he could be fearsome like this.

The gracefulness his wolf displayed on the full moon was fully translated into this towering body. He swung a fucking backpack at the sludge asshole and started to dig him out. Katsuki hacked for air, “Deku what the fuck are you doing?!"

Panicked glowing green eyes set in a snarling muzzle met his gaze as he sucked in a breath.  "My legs just moved!" Deku growled. Holy shit he had speech capabilities in this form?!  "The look on your face Kacchan, it screamed for help! I won't let my mate die!"

Holy sh-! He did not just fucking say that here! Katsuki struggled more. And then one of Deku's arms slipped into the sludge and grabbed ahold of him. His werewolf legs scrambled back trying to pull them free. Katsuki freed an arm and he grabbed onto the long fur at the back of Deku's neck. Those wide ears swiveled back and Katsuki followed them. Seeing the damn sludge villain was no longer stunned and a thick tendril was swinging down on them.

 "Deku you need to move!" Katsuki yelled. 

"Save the kid!" The heroes were shouting in the distance. He could hear them now.  "Go!"

Instead Deku tucked Katsuki close while he held the sludge away with one arm and Katsuki in the other. Then he curled over him, ready for the blow. Katsuki cursed but the strike never came. They looked up and saw All Might, he'd grabbed the villain by the mucky arm.

 


 

Izuku looked back and saw All Might had jumped in. How had he done that? Wasn't he out of time?  

"I really am pathetic," All Might coughed a mist of blood.  "I told you all the traits to be a great champion, but I'm not living up to my own ideas. "

He reached into the sludge and grabbed Izuku's shoulder. Izuku let go of the mass and wrapped his other arm around Kacchan securely. "Pros are always risking their lives. That's the true test of a hero!" All Might boomed and let go of the sludge villain's arm.

"DETROIT SMASH!" 

A vortex of pressure and air swept the sludge clean off of them. It was All Might's hand on him that kept them from being swept off too. When it died down, Izuku crouched and let Kacchan go. He nosed his hair and neck, checking his pulse and inhaling his dirty scent. That wasn't right, where was the pack smell? He rubbed his head all over Kacchan's shoulders and face to sate his screaming instincts.

Water poured down on them and he looked up to see swirling clouds. Had that smash changed the weather? All Might was amazing.

"Oi fucking stop it, you shit." Kacchan sounded subdued so Izuku whined. "I'm fine asshole. "

The other heroes rushed forward and Izuku sensed them. But it felt like another threat. It had been too soon after Kacchan was attacked. He folded Kacchan back against him and growled a warning at the people approaching.

"Whoa kid, we're here to help!" One hero said, but Izuku didn't bother looking. "Hey!"

"Deku, fucking change back." Kacchan growled, his tone told Izuku he meant business. "You smell like wet fucking dog."

Izuku bared his teeth one last time in warning before he swept his tongue over Kacchan's cheek. Then he let the transformation return him to his human body. His clothes were shredded, barely hanging on by his belt at his waist. He covered his front in embarrassment and found himself now smaller than Kacchan.

Their eyes met and it was filled with loaded feelings. Izuku opened his mouth, to voice them, but before he could, the heroes swept Kacchan off. Another gathered him up too. Which was followed by a reaming by the heroes.

"Moron, do you have a death wish?" Kamui woods scolded.

"There was absolutely no reason to put yourself in danger like that." Death Arms shouted even as he handed Izuku a police issued sweat suit. Izuku flashed wolf eyes at them and bared his teeth.

"Yes, there was," Izuku growled, "Kacchan is my mate. Mine to protect, mine to fight for."

That seemed to stun them. Perhaps they'd never met a quirk user like him. His wolf was no longer separate from him. In that panic he'd mentally given in to the mindset he'd fought. And he hadn't hurt anyone. He got up and stomped to the police to give his statement. They were loading the villain into the transport van, in trash bags.

Objectively he knew the heroes were right. But right now, with his blood still pumping and adrenaline pouring through his limbs he couldn't be anything other than irritated. He wanted to see Kacchan. Later when he crashed... Then he could be embarrassed and horrified.

 


 

Katsuki tuned out the praise being leveled on him. Instead his mind worked over how he'd been saved by Deku. Part of him was glad to be alive. The other was fucking pissed he couldn't get out of it on his own. Not to mention fucking Deku called him his mate. What was he supposed to do now? He hadn't had any plans to confess or shit. But he'd been sure Deku was too fucking jittery and shitty to go first. Katsuki hadn't even been sure that was how Deku felt.

The people around him were praising him for his bravery and he ignored them as he watched Deku walk around and collect his supplies. He repacked his bag and they sent him off. Katsuki gritted his teeth as Deku left with a mournful look on his shitty face. Fuck.

 


 

Izuku felt despondent. Unable to apologize to All Might, or to beg forgiveness from Kacchan. Both had been swarmed by reporters. And Izuku had caused enough of a scene today. He made it into the residential alleyways and looked down, man he messed up today. "Deku!"

"Kacchan?" Izuku turned around to look. The explosive boy was sprinting down the road towards him. He reached Izuku and stopped to pant and catch his breath before he jerked up with fire in his eyes. That was good, Kacchan should never have eyes filled with fear again.

"Listen up." Kacchan growled, “Like I would ever ask for you to jump in like that and help me. Don't you ever think you can look down on me! "

"I would never look down on you Kacchan. You're my mate." It slipped out again and Izuku's cheeks flared red. 'OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!'  Damn, he usually kept a lid on that. Finally merging with his wolf might not have been so good of an idea. 

"And that!" Kacchan grabbed his sweatshirt and dragged him forward. "You can't just fucking say shit like that in the shitty moment. What gave you the right to say it first asshole?"

"W-What?!" Izuku waved his arms in a panicked confusion and Kacchan glared right into his eyes. Had Kacchan just said first?! 

"I said I fucking love you, nerd!" Then he jerked Izuku forward and their lips met. It was hard and fast, and tasted of explosions. Of course, Kacchan would confess while yelling at him. It was so, so Kacchan. Izuku grabbed at Kacchan's sides, claws digging in. Their lips parted and Kacchan's tongue plundered his mouth. It was perfect, everything he'd ever dreamed it would be. He'd just stared to respond, when Kacchan pushed him back and glared. "Fucking remember that you shit."

And then he sprinted off. Red coloring his cheeks worse than Izuku's. What just happened?!

"I AM HERE!" All Might voice exclaimed. Izuku screamed in surprise and whipped around to see All Might in a sliding lunge. The pose stopped in the middle of the street.

"All Might what are you doing here? How did you get away from the reporters?" Izuku asked and tried to settle his heart down. He didn't see that did he?! Damn, Kacchan saying he loved him, getting kissed for the first time, and having All Might sneak up on him. His werewolf heart couldn't take it.

"I stand for justice, not sound bites," All Might laughed and posed before he spontaneously changed back and coughed up a huge gush of blood. Izuku shrieked in horror and frantically started forward in worry. He'd die of heart failure soon he knew it!

"Young man I came here to thank you. And also, to discuss your question from earlier. If you hadn't told me about your life, if you hadn't run into that fight... I would have been a worthless bystander watching from the crowd. So, thanks."

"Oh no, it was my fault he was there in the first place. I got in the way of your hard work, I wasted your energy, and your time..." Izuku trailed off and rubbed a hand on his arm. 'Not to mention I involved my mate.'

"I'm not done." All Might said, “You told me you were quirkless, and the one forced on you was so dangerous you were afraid of it. So, when I saw that timid boy transform into that powerful wolf and try to save a life. It inspired me to go beyond my limit and act too."

That was the first time someone talked about his wolf form as if it weren't a monstrous thing. Like it wasn't scary.  "There are stories about every hero, and how they became great. Most have one thing in common," All Might looked right at him. Those sunken eyes very serious.  "Their bodies moved before they had a chance to think. Almost on their own."

Izuku's mind flashed to how he just transformed and ran in. He'd had to get to Kacchan. Or even before he had a wolf in his brain, how he'd just grabbed a branch to attack the villain mauling his father. Izuku bent over double as tears filled his eyes. He felt sucker punched.

'You just be the best version of you, you can be Izuku. That's going to be my hero.' His father's words rang in his head. All those years ago, those words had given him back his hope.

"And today that happened to you," All Might's voice brought him back. And it unleashed the cloud of emotions boiling forth. He missed his father desperately. He had known exactly what Izuku had needed to hear, it's what kept him from giving up once he learned about getting his quirk.

"Young man," All Might drew his attention back. Izuku looked up through tears at his hero.  "You too can become a hero."

*

Chapter 7: Roaring Muscles

Summary:

Izuku finally buckles down to train.

Notes:

I'm going with chapter/episode titles but I really wanted to call this chapter howling muscles. Then I had inappropriate thoughts of bucky Barnes (howling commandos)... Sigh... This is my life.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku feel to his knees crying. The statement that he could be a hero too was just what he needed to hear. What he'd wanted validated since his father died.

"I deem you worthy of my power. My quirk is yours to inherit." That dragged Izuku out of his tears. Confusion set in its place as he wiped his face.  "W-Wait what, inherit your quirk?"

Thoughts of Lycan attacking his father. Izuku trying to save him which resulted in the massive bite that still scarred his shoulder. In his inheriting that villain's quirk. All Might started chuckling,” You should see your face right now. I'm not going to force you. It's your choice. Do you wanna accept my power or not."

'That sounds really wrong.' Izuku snorted mentally. Just then All Might started coughing blood again. He really needed to settle down. Clearly any exertion after his time limit was wearing him down. Izuku... He stopped and thought over All Might's request. His own mind working over what he knew about his own.

Reports showed that Lycan could regenerate limbs if reattached. And even lost organs. But would a five-year-old wound be able to be repaired? He needed to speak to Dr. Mitsu.

"There are a couple things you should know about my quirk." All Might seemed to have caught his breath.  "Journalists claim it's super strength or invulnerability. In interviews I make jokes or dodge the question. It's because there needs to be a Symbol of Peace for the world to believe in. A natural born hero."

Izuku blinked and nodded. That was true, he'd been that believer. He still was honestly. "But there's nothing natural about my quirk. I wasn't born with it. This power is a sacred torch passed down from someone else. "

"Someone gave you that quirk?!" Izuku gasped. He'd honestly thought he was the only one with a quirk that could be passed down. "No way."

"Yes way," All might grinned, “I can give you my abilities." 

"Wait hold on, this is a lot to process," Izuku looked down at his claws that were growing with his rising nervousness.  "I thought I was the only one with a quirk that can be shared. And there's a lot of debate about your quirk. It's one of the greatest mysteries of all time..."

He knew he was muttering, lost in his thoughts as they worked themselves out. Kacchan would usually swat him if he got too far gone. But All Might starting to talk to him was just as effective.

"The true name of my quirk is One For All." All Might said and Izuku stood back up.  "One person hands it off to another and it continues to grow as it's passed down. This is a cultivated power that allows me to save people and be a hero. The truth behind my quirk. "

"But why would you choose to give it to me?" Izuku asked.  "I can't even make this one good. I definitely can't live up to your quirk."

"I've been on the hunt for a successor even before the fight that injured me. That's the point of this quirk, to continue the chain." All Might grinned.  "And then I watched you jump into action while the rest of us stood idly by. You may just be a fan boy but to save that kid, you acted like a hero."

Izuku eyes watered in utter joy. To hear All Might call him heroic, even for a moment. It was amazing. Though he didn't jump in to be heroic.  "I didn't run in to be a hero All Might. Kacchan was in danger. My mate was in danger." The mere thought sharpened his teeth and made him want to hunt Kacchan back down to make sure he was safe.  "It was a selfish reason but it's my reason."

"Seriously you've got to stop crying." All Might sighed with a smile, totally ignoring Izuku's reason.  "So, what do you say? "

Izuku wiped his eyes and looked up at the skeletal shape of All might. He been waiting all these years with a dream he may not have truly believed he could do. But now, now he looked at All Might who had chosen him. Izuku nodded to himself. 

"Alright. I'll do it yes." He said and All Might grinned widely. The shadow of the one he showed the world. It was no less radiant. "But only in exchange. I'll make you a trade."

"What?"

 


 

Izuku rushed into his house and grabbed his files and the notebook dedicated to the study of his quirk. He even pulled out the card for Dr. Mitsu. He raced back outside to the street where All Might waited. 

"This is all the information Dr. Mitsu gave me, and everything I learned. It's not a full trade and I don't know how much it could help with your health issues. Please look this through and talk to Dr Mitsu." Izuku handed the file and notebook over. 

"I can't promise I'll say yes." All might said but he still took the notebooks. 

"I won't force you," Izuku shared a cheeky smile with All Might and then the hero placed his hand on Izuku's head. 

"Young man, you are a good person." He said softly and looked down the street.  "Meet me at Dagobah Beach in two days. Well begin your training there. "

"Okay," Izuku stepped back and bowed, “Thank you." 

 


 

After a screaming match with his mother Katsuki settled into coming down from the whole damn day. His mother was concerned about villains just roaming around able to snatch her boy up. After loudly and vulgarly assuring the dumb hag he could take care of himself they all settled down. 

It was in the privacy of his room that he decompressed and realized that he'd fucking kissed Deku. Worse than that he'd fucking confessed. Holy fucking shit! What the fuck was he supposed to do now? He couldn't face the nerd without that hanging over him. 

His eyes flashed to his desk and his computer. He'd done all the research about wolves and knew they mated for life. With what he envisioned for his future that was exactly what he wanted. But what was the next step? Understanding the merged animal behavior with human was more Deku's strength. 

He knew only base instincts would color Deku's mannerisms. For him to just outright drop that they were mates. That was crazy. Had he given in to his instincts instead of pushing them away? 

His phone stated to ring, and he snatched it up in irritation. It was a text from Deku. 

IZUWOLF: kacchan can we meet?

EXPLODOKING: where 

If Deku said either of their houses he would not be held responsible for what he would do. 

IZUWOLF: the park 

EXPLODOKING: fine

He got up and changed out of his fucking ruined uniform and headed out. He shouted that he was leaving, and his mother yelled back her acquiescence. The sun had set but he knew the way enough to do it blindfolded. 

He headed to the park and Deku was there even he arrived. He'd changed as well and when he noticed Katsuki, glowing green eyes flicked to him. Inhuman in the growing dark. Chills ran up Katsuki's back and only one thought ran through his mind, 'Mine.'

"Kacchan," Deku smiled at him.

'Never smile at anyone but me like that.' Katsuki thought. He walked over to the swings where Deku sat and flung himself onto the other one.

"I wanted to apologize." Deku said and Katsuki glared at him.  "You were right, I was afraid of my quirk. Running away from it, from the lies I was telling myself."

"I'm always right idiot." Katsuki snorted as he cut into that sad shit. 

"I'm also sorry I never said anything about you being my mate. I knew pretty much as soon as I was turned." Deku smiled nervously. "I just didn't think you liked me back."

"I know what it means." Katsuki huffed.

"Do you Kacchan? It's for life. I can feel it, if we...it'll be forever. I can't ask that of you. I don't deserve it." Deku looked down. Katsuki didn't want to ever see that doubt.

"Do you think I can't handle it?" Katsuki growled.  "That I'm some wilting fuck in some stupid movie who can't make up his mind? "

"No..." Deku looked at him with those glowing eyes again. It wasn't just Deku watching him. It was the wolf too.  "No, you always know what you want to do."

"And what do you want to do then nerd?" Katsuki demanded. He could wait if he had to, though he didn't want to.

"I'm going to start training. There's ten months until the entrance exams. I'm going to get into UA with you." Deku said with a serious glint in his gaze. About fucking time.

"Damn right." Katsuki smirked.

"I'm not going to fear my quirk anymore. It's mine, and I control it." Deku looked at his hands.  "I'm not totally comfortable with all the things my instincts want me to do. But I want... I want to be with you Kacchan."

Katsuki reached out and placed his hand on the back of Deku's neck. All the tension seemed to bleed out of him. "At your own pace shit stain."

"Thanks, Kacchan," Deku smiled warmly at him. A hot flush ran over Katsuki's cheeks. He wanted to snap at him, cover it up. But he didn't, he could handle this. Like he said.  "I'll do better, so I can stand next to you."

"That a fucking challenge Deku?!" Katsuki snarled as Deku got up and paced a few feet away. Deku turned a smirk full of sharp teeth at him.

"Isn't it always a challenge, Kacchan?" 

"You mother fucker." Katsuki felt his blood roar, hungry for that challenge. No relationship between them would be real without it.  "You better fucking catch up if you want to stand a chance against me. "

"I will I promise," Deku nodded. "I'll be the best mate ever Kacchan. "

Katsuki planted his hand on top of Deku's head and pressed a kiss to his forehead. A promise and a vow to the werewolf boy who stole his heart. 'Me too' it said.  "When you figure out a schedule for training, and I know you will, you fucking nerd. Let me know your off days."

"Off days?" Deku blinked up at him with those too innocent eyes. Dammit.

"Don't boyfriends go on dates you asshole?!"

Their faces burned red at exactly the same moment and Katsuki looked away Deku jerked back as well. "You can't just say stuff like that Stupid Kacchan! My heart can't handle it!  " 

"Hah, I'm stupid?!" Katsuki bellowed as he refused to look at Deku in case he saw the damn blush. "Who keeps calling me his mate. We're you not going to do anything about it?!"

"No! Yes!" Deku screeched. "Dammit I wasn't ready for you to want to do stuff like that."

"Eh, you're my boyfriend now. I'll take you out on a date if I want!" Katsuki snapped. Did Deku think he couldn't do it?! It'll be the best damn date he'd ever seen. Legendary!

"Oh my God!" Deku exclaimed before arms snaked under his and Katsuki found himself hugged from behind. All the fire died down in him before he started to spark his hands. Instead he touched the arms wrapped around him.  "Anytime you want Kacchan. I'll go on a date."

"Fucking swear it!" Katsuki let a rare moment of vulnerability cross between them. Like Deku did every full moon.  "And you'll meet me at the top? Always?" 

"Kacchan you're my mate. I'll never do anything to risk that. Which means our dreams are linked together. I'll meet you at the top; I'll fight you for number one." Deku answered. 

"You'd fucking better." Katsuki said and hugged the arms around his waist. 

 


 

Two days later Izuku was sure he'd entered hell. Dagobah Beach was a ruin of trash and junk. The beach was unique, it collected all the trash and appliances that got caught in ocean currents all around them. Depositing it here on the sand. Over the years the trash heap had grown exponentially.

Izuku suspected people just dumped broken appliances and their garbage here instead of paying for sanitation to collect it. It was here All Might greeted him in gym clothing. The objective was simple, haul the trash from the beach where sanitation couldn't collect it, to a place where they could.

It had only been a few hours and Izuku was sure he was dying. All Might had seen how he could move some larger appliances with only a bit of difficulty. He'd then climbed onto the appliance and weighed it down exponentially. The extra weight and the lack of grip the sand provided, Izuku found the challenge upped considerably. 

He collapsed in the middle of moving a large industrial fridge. Double doors, it would have been huge normally, but with All Might on top... It was like life was mocking him. Leveling punishment for running away from his quirk.

"You're not ready to inherit my power. Much less use your own." All Might spoke. Izuku collapsed as his heart raced.  "One For All is a culmination of combined strength. If your own isn't up to par, your arms and legs will blow off."

The horror of that statement made Izuku question everything he knew. It was a really frightening image. He needed his limbs intact to reattach if ever he lost one. Not that he wanted that, ever!

"Cleaning this beach is your way of serving your community. This is a lesson to remember as a pro. Your dependability is what will get your community to report crime to you preemptively." All Might had the best insight. No wonder he was the number one hero. There was so much Izuku hadn't thought of. He was so not worthy.  "This is your first step to being a hero."

On cue the water works started, and it refreshed Izuku. Or his body just decided to heal what strain his muscles had accumulated. Most likely his healing.

"You want to go to UA right Midoriya?" All Might asked. Izuku looked at him as he got back up and redonned the rope harness to pull the industrial refrigerator and its hero ornament.

"Yeah I do. It was your school. And Kacchan is applying there. I've always wanted that to be the school for my hero training." Izuku said. Kacchan going as well was just an additional bonus.

"You've got a lot of spirit my boy." All Might looked out at the ocean behind them.  "Hero-ing is not easy without full trust in your quirk. UA is the hardest course to get into, so that means - "

"I need to train my body to not only receive One For All, but also to use my own with full confidence." Izuku filled in. He looked at All Might who flashed him a thumbs up.

"The UA exam is in ten months." All Might stood up and jumped down to the sand.  "I've got you covered. I mapped out a training regimen for you. It's the American Dream Plan. If you follow it to the letter, this beach will be cleaned up just in time."

All Might showed him the plan on paper after their first day of exercise. Izuku looked it over and suggested the limits of his current strength which was equal to at least three full grown average men. And his healing rate. Any torn muscles or lasting strain would heal in hours. To make up for that acceleration. All Might and Izuku hammered out additional things he could do to use his quirk and press his limits until he was better with it.

 


 

The work outs were brutal in the morning. Izuku started fully using his werewolf strength and stamina. Which was woefully behind. All Might pushed that further. Until Izuku was making half shifts without really thinking of it. Or just his arms and legs to pull or pick up trash on the beach. 

As fast as his body was, All Might was faster even without using One For All. So, his endurance was pushed to its limit. Which was followed with All Might testing his senses even more than he ever did with Kacchan. If he ever had to breath in that garbage smell after this was done, it would remind him of torture. 

After the first two weeks Izuku finally translated his schedule to Kacchan. His...Boyfriend...looked it over and nodded. "Alright then. Saturday afternoon, after your run. We're going out." 

Izuku sputtered his agreement with a furious blush and emphatic nodding. Kacchan just smirked and walked off to class. His heart couldn't handle Kacchan being so cool. He had a cool boyfriend! A cool mate!

All that week Izuku pushed harder than was expected of him. In class, at the beach, on his own. He even brought his mother his diet plans. 

"Oh Izuku, I wasn't making enough for you to eat?" Her watery nervous concern only had him waving his hands placatingly. 

"No, no, I've just been training for the entrance exams." Izuku gave her a reassuring smile.  "And since I've been transforming more, my appetite has gone up. But I don't want it to get unhealthy. Can we focus on this and these ingredients?" 

Her eyes softened at him.  "Of course, Izuku. I'm just glad you're finally asking me for something." She looked at where he pointed.  "Oh, but what will we do about your katsudon? Or Mitsuki's cookies and spicy rice?" 

"Those are full moon foods only now." Izuku said seriously. It was the only real cheat he was going to allow himself.  "And... I'm going to try training on the full moon." 

"You've never wanted to go out before like that Izuku." Her concern was very real. Concerns he also had. But if he was going to be a hero. He couldn't expect to always have the full moon off. And he couldn't only be stuck in wolf form. He needed to get a grip on it. And master that transformation as well as his full moon restrictions. 

"I need to trust in my wolf form. In my control over it. I-I'm going to do my best mom." He said and she hugged him tightly. 

"I know you will." She whispered. Their emotional moment reminded him of the upcoming weekend date. 

"Ah mom. Can I go out Saturday after my run?" He asked. 

"After?" she puzzled 

"U-Um...Kacchan asked me out...on a-," Crap this was embarrassing, Izuku felt his face heat.  "On a d-date." 

The look on her face was shock before it exploded in excitement.  "A date? With Katsuki?! Did he ask you? Did you ask him?!" 

He waved frantically but she was off in her own world of speculation. Was this what his muttering looked like?  "I have to call Mitsuki!" 

He weakly tried to stop her before just giving up and sitting at the kitchen table.  "Mitsuki hello, Izuku just told me some great news. Katsuki asked Izuku out on a date!"

His werewolf hearing could pick up the incoherent screaming on the other line. Followed by screamed questions to his no doubt harried mate. Which prompted the appropriate rage filled response one expected of Bakugou Katsuki.  "Oh, Katsuki asked first. Damn, I owe Masaru a bottle of sake." Inko sighed. 

"Well I thought for sure you would win Mii-chan. Izuku is too shy, I thought you were right that they would have just waited until it smacked them in the face. Guess we were both wrong." Izuku looked at his mother in abject horror. She even had the audacity to wave a don't mind hand signal at him. 

EXPLODOKING: wtf Deku! 

IZUWOLF: sorry, but it was going to come up eventually. 

EXPLODOKING: whatever

Izuku smiled and leaned on his elbow to smile at his phone. Kacchan wasn't really mad, but his mother must be just as hysterical as his was. That was cute. 

 


 

Katsuki snarled at his parents as they huddled over the phone in the kitchen talking to Auntie Inko.

"What I won?!" His dad exclaimed. 

"I know! So unfair!" His mother whined like she was dying. 

Masaru turned serious eyes at him. His glasses glinting at him suspiciously. "What the fuck do you want now?" Katsuki demanded. 

"When you go over, you need to take a gift. This could be your future mother in law."

His face flamed in shock. Did he honestly have to worry about that?!

"Yeah Katsuki,” His mother smirked evilly at him. She hung up the phone and slammed her palm on the kitchen table. "It's just Inko over there. If you make a shitty impression as Izuchan's boyfriend...well you can kiss any future relationship goodbye. And you could have been the man of that house..." 

Dammit. Auntie Inko was the only parent Deku had left. Sure, she'd liked him as Deku's friend. But as his boyfriend...his mate...for life. Fuck!

Katsuki stomped to his mother who knew Midoriya Inko the best. He bowed at the waist, "Oi hag, what does Auntie like best?"

Her shit eating smile might haunt him into his next life. He was sure of it. But he needed Auntie on his side.

Boyfriend and mate, shit what had he been thinking? Lured in by freckles and huge green eyes. Fuck his life!

"Oh, I'll help you brat." His mother crowed at him and his father sighed across the room. "If only because I've always wanted little Izuchan for a son. Better than you anyways. Oh, and your mother wants her toes done, make them look good punk. "

Son of a bitch!

 


 

"Oh Inko, look at my pedicure, so we'll done." Auntie Mitsuki showed off her pearly pink toes to Izuku and his mom.

"They're very pretty Mii-chan. Oh, you'll have to tell me where you got them done." Inko said in awe. They were indeed well done. There are many days spent playing with action figures while they got their nails done when Izuku was a kid.

He smiled at his Auntie and moved off to shower and get ready, he actually had a date. Kacchan would pick him up in an hour and he'd never had to think about his clothes like this before. He had no clue what to wear, and why was everything an All Might fan shirt?! God he was a crazy fan boy! 

He finally settled on a red t shirt, gray hoodie, black skinny jeans and his red shoes. A new set. Since his other pair met an unfortunate end when he changed shape to save Kacchan. He fussed over his hair before he got it to lay as a curly mess without extra frizz. 

One frantic last look in the mirror and he grabbed his wallet and phone. Just as his Auntie knocked on the door. "Izuchan my worthless son is here." 

Izuku opened the door and she smiled at him. "I'm glad you chose him." 

"Me too," Izuku grinned and received a hug. He walked down the hall and out into the living area of the apartment where his mother was swooning over a basket of fruits and her favorite chocolate.

"Thank you Katsuki, what a dear boy." She smiled happily. 

"Sorry for the intrusion Auntie." Kacchan said. His eyes flicked over and Izuku spent an unnecessary amount of time looking at his mate. He'd seen the outfit before. Black unbuttoned shirt rolled to the elbows. Gray shirt and black jeans belted low on his hips. Black tennis shoes were left next to Izuku's red by the door. 

He looked handsome as he always did. But knowing his mate got dressed up for him... It was eye opening.  "You coming nerd?" Katsuki asked in a calm tone.

"Yeah," Izuku smiled.  "I'll be back later mom."

"Alright, have fun boys." She waved and Kacchan's mom leered at them before he managed to nervously laugh his way over to the door.

Outside Kacchan let out a tense breath. "Thanks for getting her a gift." Izuku laughed.  "I think that made her week."

"Yeah well...she's your mom." Kacchan said and Izuku giggled. They walked from the apartment building and onto the street.

"So Kacchan where are we going?" Izuku asked.

"I heard from my mom who talks to yours that you're eating more?" Kacchan asked and Izuku nodded, "Good we're going to a noodle place."

Izuku smiled anything Kacchan wanted to do he was alright with. As they walked to the main Tatooine business center. Izuku talked about how his training was going. He didn't mention All Might. He couldn't yet.

Kacchan talked about how he was going to increase his own workout plan. Being caught by the sludge monster seemed to have really shaken Kacchan into a greater form of action.

They happened upon the little noodle shop hidden between a shoe store and a fabric shop. The name was almost entirely worn off the mounted wooden sign. He couldn't make it out. But inside it had a decent sized dining room and wrap around bar framing the open kitchen.

They took seats at the bar and Izuku noticed the menu was advertising a two for one special. Good idea. Izuku's stomach was damn near bottomless now. He'd need to save up his allowances otherwise their dates would need to include bento.

"Deku," Kacchan pointed to the wall closest to them and Izuku looked in interest. All across the wall were pictures of what looked like the couple that owned the restaurant. And in each one was a pro hero. Each one was autographed. And the background was the front of the shop.

"Oh, oh, Kacchan there's Midnight. And Present Mic, that's Fat Gum, and Uwabami!" Izuku exclaimed. There were dozens more. He buzzed in excitement. Izuku looked at Kacchan his mate had a serene look on his face. Almost like he was at peace.  "That's so cool Kacchan." 

"When we're pros, we'll be up there too," Kacchan said. Izuku grinned and leaned over to nuzzle Kacchan's neck. Leaving his scent on his mate happily.

"We will." Izuku assured.

Their dinner went well, Kacchan had neglected to mention the bowls were huge. One alone filled Kacchan but the other one ordered ended up going to Izuku. Which suited him fine. Kacchan made a point to steal a slice of his pork from all three bowls. It settled a part of him that was pleased his mate was taking his food. 

That he was comfortable enough to do so meant he didn't feel threatened by Izuku. After Kacchan paid and Izuku tipped they went to the arcade where Izuku challenged Kacchan to various games based on different heroes. This brought a return of his loud and arrogant mate. Izuku found himself laughing and enjoying his night off further. He was seeing so many different sides of his mate. 

They walked home a few hours later and Izuku took the initiative and attentively slipped his fingers between Kacchan's. His boyfriend laced them together and they were walking hand in hand. It was comfortable and nice. Izuku smiled as they continued to talk about upcoming tests, and their training.

"Kacchan, I'm going to start training on the full moon too. I want to be able to change into wolf form whenever, and I don't want to be stuck that way on the full moon."

"I'll help on those nights." Kacchan said and when they looked at each other Izuku saw a possessive flare there. Kacchan had been with him every full moon since his first one. He would need to talk to All Might about staying as Yagi Toshinori then. He couldn't deny his mate a request like this. Nor would he.

"Alright Kacchan." They lapsed into silence as they approached Izuku's apartment complex. It was a few more blocks to Kacchan's.  "Text me when you get back. The next date it's my turn to treat."

"Sure, sure, shit stain." Kacchan looked at him and tugged on his hand. The sudden tug made Izuku stumble into Kacchan's arms. He grabbed the back of Kacchan’s shirt and tilted his head up. Their lips met in an almost mirror of their first kiss. But this one was slow, unhurried, melting. Izuku tangled his tongue with Kacchan's and heat coiled all over his body.

They broke apart for air a moment later and looked into each other's eyes. Izuku smiled and stepped back.  "Goodnight Kacchan,"

"Night Deku." Kacchan stuffed his hand in his pockets and watched as Izuku made it into the stairwell. Once on his floor Izuku in turn watched his mate walk until he disappeared. A perfect first date.

 


 

The next few months pushed Izuku further mentally and physically than he ever expected. He gained perfect use of most of his werewolf transformation. He was still working on the full canine wolf, but he was getting much better. The full moon remained his weakness. He couldn't seem to force himself out of the transformation once it happened.

On the full moons Kacchan would meet him at Dagobah Beach and sit by with his usual food and tablet while Izuku trained with the skeletal All Might. His hero had introduced himself as his alter ego, Yagi Toshinori, and his mate paid the man little attention after that. 

And while Izuku loved having Kacchan's attention on him. He also didn't much like lying to his mate about All Might's identity. But it wasn't Izuku’s secret to tell.

His full moons were busy, pushing his wolf form harder. He was huge, dire wolf from fantasy huge. And the more muscle he developed the stockier all of his forms got.

As the months wore on the number of dates Izuku and Kacchan went on increased but were well placed once every two weeks. Kacchan was pushing very hard on his own training. Judging by how exhausted he looked some mornings. Izuku even sat and iced his arms during their lunch breaks.

Kacchan discovered his limitation. A full max explosion was damaging. So, he put extra time into strength training his arms and shoulders. Izuku worried about his mate, but Kacchan's training was his own. He trusted his mate to know his limits. 

One day in late fall, Izuku managed to transform into his full wolf. Which proceeded to change All Might's training to include it. He was then pulling trash as if he were an entire dog sledding team. This included an old beaten down truck. And how did it get down there in the first place? Izuku had no clue. Which also had All Might riding his giant animal form. By the way All Might weighed a cool 565 lbs. according to the hero. 

All Izuku knew this was his new hell. 

His mornings didn't always feature his hero. Often they included his jog to the beach, his hauling of trash and giant appliances, jogging home for a shower before school. Then meeting up with Kacchan before class. His afternoons were where it got painful. All Might was intense. His workouts grueling. 

Some nights he lay in bed feeling his muscles reknitting, aches ebbing away and questioned his own healing abilities. But he could feel the changes. He was getting stronger.

 


 

The day of the exam Toshinori exited his car at the beach. Looking back to see another car pull in. The quirk specialist Dr. Mitsu had joined him as per his request. It has taken a long deliberation with him about Midoriya's quirk. Dr. Mitsu's research was based mostly in trying to regenerate lost organs. Kidneys to replace the waiting list for transplants. Livers, eyes, missing limbs.

He'd found the research promising and his allies within the hero association were very impressed. Dr. Mitsu had just lacked someone willing to try to further the research. Midoriya was their only proven transfer of the infectious wolf quirk. It's progenitor was a merciless villain with a knack for murder and didn't inspire willing volunteers. Bringing Dr. Mitsu up to speed on his identity and the nature of his wounds was not so much a daunting task as it was necessary. Dr. Mitsu just joined his already considerable host of medical professionals dedicated to his continued quality of life. His quirk, however, was only shared between his closest allies and Midoriya. 

It wasn't that Toshinori wanted to cheat fate. He just wanted to live long enough to ensure young Midoriya became the hero he knew the boy could be. An honest gift from a boy who admired him. It was flattering. And just how it should be, instead of a murdering beast forcing it upon a defenseless victim.

Toshinori turned and his hero body took over. He rose to his full height and though his lungs itched, and his body protested it soon smoothed out to regular function. He looked over the beach and gaped. It was fully clear, not a speck of trash on the glittering white sands.

The chill February morning blew over him. And an echoing howl filled the air. He twisted and there was the last remains of trash. Pulled high and imposing on the designated pick up location. There at the top was Midoriya in his mostly wolf firm, bipedal and a creature from monster movies. 

He was almost cute in a dangerous sort of way. Curly fur covered his head and neck before it just became a pelt over his whole body. Tail swishing by muscular wolf legs. Somehow still wearing track pants? The wolf muzzle lowered, and he tipped forward over the drop off and down towards the beach. "I'll be right back," All Might called to the doctor. 

He used One For All to dash near supersonic speed to catch his young protégé. He'd snapped back to human form on the way. Looking as exhausted and weak as if he'd gone hard to finish.  "I did it, I finished on time All Might." 

"You did, you exceeded my expectations. I'm impressed." All Might spoke back. He set Midoriya on his feet and the boy swayed. He no longer looked lanky. His human form was built with a decent display of muscles now. He'd even sculpted his abdomen into a simple six pack. 

He'd given Midoriya a revised and completed fitness plan to continue using while he was using both quirks simultaneously. He would do well with it. "Do I really deserve this All Might?" Midoriya asked.

"I knew all along I was going to pass my quirk on. From the moment I accepted One For All." All Might grinned reassuringly. "You are more than I could ever have asked for."

"You put so much time and energy into helping me. How did I get so lucky?" Midoriya blinked and started to cry.

"I'm the lucky one young man." All Might cupped Midoriya's shoulder.  "I've spoken to your doctor. He's waiting by the cars. He's very hopeful for my upcoming improved state of life."

"Are you sure?!" Izuku gasped in shock then extreme elated Ness.  "Any bit of healing is fine All Might. You just need to stay as bright and strong as always."

"Thanks to you I will be." All Might said. He didn't plan to use the werewolf quirk he would get from Midoriya. He just wanted to live long enough to see this boy into his hero role.  "Alright for me to pass One For All to you, you need to ingest my DNA. As I assume you also need to bite me to pass yours onto me. Two birds with one stone!"

Midoriya nodded and ran his tongue around his mouth. "It's a full moon tonight you planned it well. The gland is here just a bit in human form. It'll be there for sure in wolf form. Are you really sure All Might?" 

"I am my boy." All Might watched Midoriya nod before he stepped back and his hybrid body rolled over him. There was a ripple on the muscles before they bulged, and he stood on two legs and towered easily at All Might's own height.

All Might pulled his scarf and coat off, then tugged his shirt off. Midoriya lumbered forward and nuzzled All Might's head affectionately before he bit down on his shoulder. The pain was immediate, sharp and deep. Midoriya pulled away after worrying the skin between his jaws. Then he licked the wound clean.

Midoriya stepped back and called for the doctor in a deep resonating pitch. Dr. Mitsu rushed down and immediately set to wrapping the wound. "We'll have to keep a close eye on what changes happen. The next month will be crucial."

"Thank you, All Might." Midoriya was back to human shape and was zipping his jacket on. He looked back and those glowing eyes seemed to darken to a normal shade.

"No, my boy, thank you."

 


 

Izuku walked up to the main entrance to the UA campus. He'd gotten here before Kacchan as he didn't smell or hear him anywhere in the vicinity. But he didn't have to wait long. His mate sauntered up looking as handsome as usual. For being ten months into their relationship, they'd been too busy to do much more than date and sneak swift make out sessions in. 

Not that Izuku wanted to rush. He was happy with them taking their time. He needed to tell Kacchan he'd turned his sickly trainer. But he could wait and do that later.

Kacchan walked up and locked eyes with him. A serious air between them. It turned electric as Kacchan leaned forward and scent marked him. As he pulled back Izuku returned the favor.

This was it. They would be rivals as much as partners now. He could give nothing less than his best. Kacchan wouldn't take it easy on him ever again. 

As his mate walked off Izuku smiled and watched him go. As he started forward himself he tripped. The ground rushed up at him and before he could he stopped moving and floated in the air.

He looked up to see a girl there. Chestnut brown hair and friendly brown eyes looked down at him. Her hand was on his backpack and she gave him a sheepish look. She smelled like bubblegum and ozone.

"I stopped you with my quirk. Sorry I didn't ask first. But that might have hurt." She smiled warmly.

"T-Thanks." He said nervously.

"This is all very nerve wracking I guess," She looked meaningfully at the loose stone he'd tripped over.  "I guess I'll see you inside. Bye!"

With that she flounced off. Izuku gaped after her, she'd smelled like pack. That was weird, All Might had smelled like that too when Izuku had first met him. 

 


 

 'Omg it's Present Mic!' Izuku vibrated in his seat as the pro went over the rules for the exam. Kacchan snorted next to him.

"Shut up," Kacchan growled. Oh, he must have been muttering again. They were instructed to look at their orientation packet. He and Kacchan had different groups to take the exam with.  "Ah dammit, splitting us up so we can't help each other. I really wanted to beat your ass at this."

"Kacchan," Izuku giggled. Kacchan threatening him had become an almost jaunty flirt between them.

"You'd better not lose," Kacchan growled. Izuku answered it with a challenging rumble of his own.

Suddenly another examinee stood up a few rows down and made a huge fuss over the fourth robot on their papers. As well as calling Izuku out for his muttering. The aggressive tone made Kacchan clench his fist and Izuku to bare his teeth at the challenge to his dominance by a stranger. 

It was explained that the last robot was a 0-pt. obstacle. So, the challenger settled down. Izuku smoothed a hand over Kacchan's knuckles and his mate relaxed. Then they were sent off to buses taking them to their exam locations. Izuku changed and rode over with his group. Nervousness clung to him. He didn't feel any different after ingesting All Might's blood. If he didn't need to use One For All that was fine, he wasn't sure what he could do with it without knowing what it felt like in comparison to his werewolf quirk.

They unloaded outside a simulated city scape and all of the other examinees gathered together. Izuku clenched his fists, this was his chance. He needed to complete this test and get into UA. He would be a hero. He would honor his father and make All Might proud. 

 

Notes:

Also, thank you so much for the comments. I don't plan to quit this. I'm a stay at home mom because my son has a lot of hospital appts. Writing is my life and he's independent enough that I can sit and do this on my phone. It's cathartic really. I used to do this all the time with notebooks like Deku!

As for any worries you guys have over the future and Mirio. There will be additions to the pack, and there won't be. You'll just have to see. :)

Now I usually like to read about pining characters. My gods "The Devil Ships ZeKu" is my favorite fic on here. But I like the idea that Katsuki and Izuku are already there. Navigating emotions and learning how to hero. I think this will be a journey.

So keep with me guys. This is the most fun I've had with my writing outside of my manuscripts in a long time.

Chapter 8: Start Line

Summary:

Izuku takes the practical exam.

Notes:

Playing around with this AU is fun, deciding what fits my universe without deviating too far from Canon.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The other examinees were chattering around Izuku. Remarking that small cityscapes had been erected just like the one he was at, all over for each group. Kacchan was at another one. Izuku hoped he did well. He looked around the crowd and saw the girl from earlier. She was turned away from him but over all the other scents assaulting his nose, hers was prevalent.

Bubblegum and ozone. With traces of comfort and home. Pack. That was so strange to him. As strange as All Might's shifting scent. Summer heat in his hero shape, and summer night in his regular form. Why were virtual strangers smelling like pack right as he meets them?

Izuku had started forward when a heavy hand landed on his shoulder from behind. It startled him. That spoke of how long he'd kept his instincts buried inside himself. He should have sensed the approach of the stranger. He should have been on alert! Trying to hide just how shaken by that he was, he bared his teeth and felt his eyes glow as he turned a warning glare at the owner of the hand still touching him.

His display of threat startled the other teen.  "She looks like she's trying to focus on the trials ahead. What are you going to do distract her and ruin her chances to succeed?"

The implication alone had Izuku's hackles rising. He growled at the boy and opened his mouth to retort when the crowd stared to speculate on him. Based entirely on his tripping at the gates. Had they written him off already?

Present Mic appeared at the observation building behind them and shouted that they were wasting time. Before Izuku could turn around the crowd of examinees blitzed for the open gates. 

Izuku cursed and sprinted after them. There was already a considerable lead, but he just needed to focus on catching up, finding robots, and accumulating points. Kacchan was no doubt doing his best, Izuku had to as well.

He was running down a deserted street noticing that he'd lost the group entirely. Some hunter he was. Then a grating sound caught his attention. He ducked as a 1 pt. robot crashed out of the storefront next to him. Izuku felt his claws extend and his half form burst out of him. He started to lunge at the robot, when a beam of laser light blew straight through his target.

He gaped and jumped back as it was destroyed. At a cross street a blond boy stood there with his hands behind his head. He wore what looked like support gear on his abdomen, the laser had originated from there.

More importantly he'd stolen Izuku's prey. "Merci beaucoup," He called in a lilting voice.  "We make a great team with you as my decoy. Although I doubt I'll be seeing much of you in the future. Adieu!"

He ran off. He scavenged Izuku's robot kill and ran off. That left a distasteful feeling running all over him. He growled as he returned himself to human form. Gritting his still sharp teeth he took off running again. He didn't have time for crazy antics like that.

The time was called over the intercom system and Izuku felt his anxiety rise up again. There was wreckage of broken robots everywhere. He kept moving eyes scanning for any still around. He found a huge grouping at another cross street. 

The girl who saved him from tripping zipped between a few of the robots. As she touched them they floated into the air. Then they crashed down with all their weight, crumbling apart. A gravity quirk? 

"Alright that should be 28 points." She gulped and covered her mouth. It was as if her quirk required a lot of effort to use. But she already had 28 points racked up?!

Movement in his periphery made Izuku turn, the boy who challenged him was leaping and kicking another cluster of robots. He had a leg quirk, some kind of augmented mutation? "That puts me at 45!"

What?!

Izuku tuned out all the useless noise and focused on the clank and rattle of other robots moving around. He started tracking them, racing to where they were, only to be beaten to the punch every time.

He was horrified, was he going to completely fail this?

A rumbling quake rocked the ground, Izuku fell under the tremors strength. Up above him the 0-pt. robot had arrived. It was gigantic, easily larger than even Mt. Lady. It moved and buildings crumbled around it. 'Isn't this a little extreme?!'

Screams begin to fill the air and Izuku sat up as a flock of the examinees ran past him. Some looked afraid, others were just trying to get away, to hunt the robots still left. "This is a disaster." Izuku muttered.

He needed to get to some of the robots still left. "Less than 2 minutes remaining!" The intercom sounded. 

A pained exclamation halted him from turning once he was on his feet. The smoke from the rubble cleared, and there under the fallen debris was the girl who had saved him. She was stuck, unable to push the rubble fully off.

Izuku looked up and the robot was advancing towards the group fleeing behind him. It would run her over. Izuku yanked his jacket zipper down and crouched. His werewolf body transformed him.

He started running. Then he leapt up onto a lamp pole and vaulted himself into the air. He felt a surge of electricity crackle through his right arm. He dragged his clawed fist back and his jacket sleeve vaporized around his furred arm. He was focused on the robot head in front of him.

He needed to hit it hard, destroy it where it stood. He wouldn’t let it hurt that girl. It didn't matter that he didn't know her yet. She smelled like pack, and Izuku protected his pack!

The power built up as he got closer, he remembered seeing All Might do this. He knew what this move was called. He gritted his fangs as he bared them from his muzzle. Then he swung his fist powered up with One For All. 'SMASH!'

His fist connected with the metal head, and it blew the whole thing to pieces. The body toppled and Izuku hung in the air a moment surveying the damage. Before he felt gravity catch up to him. At that same moment pain burned through his arm, and he saw it was broken. One For All was insane. His arm was destroyed and that was after ten months of training?! 

"Oh," He looked down in shock. He was too high up, falling steadily too fast. There was no way to catch himself! He was too far away from other buildings to grab onto something. He would hit hard and have to hope his healing could save him!

As he neared the ground he slung his arm around his head, trying to minimize the damage that would inevitably end up on his head. A harsh smack rocked his left cheek and he immediately stopped falling and instead floated to the ground. He gaped into the wide eyes of the girl he's just tried to save. 

They landed with her balanced on the head of a robot. Once safely on the ground she promptly vomited. "T-Thanks," He started to climb to his feet, but realizes they were just as broken as his arm. 'Doesn't matter, I'll heal. ' He thinks before using his good arm to claw into the asphalt and drag himself forward.  "I just need to get one point!"

The alarm sounds. "Times Up!"

Utter despair coiled in him. He saw black edge his vision and collapsed. 

 


 

Katsuki stood in the wreckage of the robots around him. He looked at the giant one that had stopped advancing on him. Then to the crowd of extras that ran at the first sight of it. Fucking losers, crowd control was important. Didn't matter, more points to him. 

He wiped his mouth and smirked. Now to find Deku. He exited the battlefield with the others and was bused back to the school where his belongings were. And it was as he was walking back to the orientation room he paused. He was just outside the medical infirmary. 

"He just needs some rest before he wakes up. Three broken limbs is a big deal. He must be tired, poor dear." An older woman said. Looking in he saw Recovery Girl tucking Izuku into an infirmary bed.  "Oh, hello dear, are you hurt?"

Katsuki walked into the infirmary.  "What happened to Deku?" His tone was harsh, but he'd never seen Deku look like this. And she was talking to the other nurse about broken limbs?! 

"Are you his friend?" Recovery Girl asked.

"Boyfriend," Katsuki bit out. He wished she'd get to the point.

"Oh," Her eyes widened behind the pink visor.

"He has a werewolf quirk. I'm his mate." Katsuki growled and that seemed to smooth over her shock.

"He's suffered a broken arm and two broken legs during his exam." She said and with that she patted the bed. What the fuck happened?!  "I've healed him up perfectly. But the strain seemed to have made him pass out. He should come to soon."

"I'll wait." Katsuki said and then proceeded to ignore the pro and her nursing staff. He dragged a chair over and settled in to wait for Deku to wake up. In was a little longer that Deku's body spontaneously reverted to full wolf form.

"Is that normal young man?" Recovery girl asked from where she was filling out paperwork.

"It's the full moon." Katsuki said. He wasn't going to say anything else. He must have been so tired he changed early. There was still an hour or two before the moon rose. It was another hour before Deku woke up.

He got to all fours and shook himself. Recovery Girl went over his injuries with him, admonished him for being reckless and recommended he get some rest. Katsuki threaded his fingers through Deku's neck fur and the idiot leaned into his chest. He was fucking huge in this form.

They left and Katsuki didn't ask his nerd how his exam went. He didn't talk about his own. Their results would come eventually. Instead he led the way back to the station where they crammed into a train car and took the express route back to their neighborhood. 

By the time they stumbled into Deku's apartment the giant wolf just padded into his room and flopped into the mass of blankets and pillows in the corner of his room. Katsuki made it to the kitchen where Auntie left Deku's full moon bowls with lids on them. 

Katsuki heated up the spicy rice, the katsudon, and portioned some for himself. He then stole a cookie and smirked. Dragging it all and a huge bowl of water into the room he watched as Deku ate. "Was it bad?" Katsuki asked. 

Deku paused over the katsudon before pointedly continuing to eat. It wasn't like he could talk in this shape. But that told Katsuki what he needed to know. His boyfriend was freaking out. "During my exam, I had a moment where I felt like I was you. The wolf you. Powerful, like I could howl at the moon."

Deku looked at him and nuzzled him once. He smirked but decided to wait until he heard Izuku's results before he let the nerds doubts and worries decide his fate before the ruling came in. It might be best to give the shit some space. After the moon went down. 

 


 

It was a week later that Izuku found himself still in a daze. He was functioning at a base level. His mind would just not leave the exam behind. His utter failure. "Izuku?" His mother called and it barely cut through the haze on his mind as he lifted a dried salted fish from his plate.  "Snap out of it Izuku."

He blinked and looked up to his mother. She sat across from him the dishes and bowls of lunch between them. She looked totally freaked out.  "Why are you looking at that fish like that. Should I be worried honey?"

"S-Sorry no, I just spaced out for a minute." He blinked then bit down on the fish on his chopsticks.

By his estimation he'd passed the written exam. But he'd utterly failed the practical exam. He finished eating and got up to help out with the dishes in the sink. Then he hunted down his grip exerciser and his dumbbell. He settled on the couch and mindlessly kept working out on his fitness plan.

It had been a week and he hadn't heard from All Might at all. He'd even been ignoring his mate. Though it seemed like Kacchan was giving him space. "I know waiting around for the results is terrible" His mother said as she cleaned and hovered at the same time. "But no matter what I'm proud of you. And I think you're really cool sweetie."

Kacchan must have said something to her on his way to his place after the full moon. She'd been this hovering form of concerned the whole time. It wasn't like he was doing much better, not good enough to keep her from worrying anyways. 

Izuku looked at his arm as he curled with one arm and flexed his grip on the other. He had to keep trying. No matter what the results were. UA was just one school. He wouldn't give up. 

His mother burst back into the apartment. He wasn't even aware she'd slipped out. Man, he needed to work on that. "A letter, Izuku they came. Izuku you got a letter!"  She blustered over to him holding out the wax sealed letter from UA.  "Your test results came." 

He took it and smiled at her before he retreated to his room. He couldn't do this with her silently freaking out. It would make him a nervous wreck. He could hear her pacing as he sat at his desk.

Izuku's hand hovered over his phone. He wanted to call Kacchan. See if he got his results as well. He knew his mate was waiting for him to reach out first. Kacchan was a weird sort of patient like that. Letting him dictate the pace of their relationship. He really must be out of it if Kacchan had decided to just give him space.

Kacchan always knew just what to do. 

He let the phone clatter back down. He'll get his own results first. Get the utter disappointment out of him. Then he'd call Kacchan and celebrate his mate's acceptance properly. Izuku would swallow his emotions to be there for his mate. He could wallow in it after he'd been a good boyfriend first.

He opened the envelope and out tumbled a strange disk instead of a letter. It blinked a few times before a hologram popped up and there All Might was wearing a gaudy yellow pinstripe suit.  "Booyah I am here, on a projection!"  It was a very All Might greeting.

Honestly it was all about right. Izuku had started to worry the bite hadn't taken. Or it had killed the hero. But seeing him looking well even if it was only in hero form Izuku was glad. 

"I know it's been a while. But with great power comes great amounts of paperwork." All Might chucked. He must be fine if he was making jokes. Then he coughed, Izuku frowned. Was he still hurt? Healing any?  "My apologies young man. The truth is I did not come to this city just to fight villains. You are looking at the newest UA faculty member!"

That explained it. He'd come to be a teacher, to find a successor among the hero students. He'd just met Izuku earlier. And after all that hard work Izuku had-

"While you passed the written exam with flying colors, you acquired 0 points on the practical exam. Sorry."

Izuku had failed. He was a failure.

"Fortunately, there were other factors at play. But before we get to that -" All Might struck a pose and unearthed a remote control out of nowhere. "A short clip for your viewing pleasure!"

A hologram appeared within the hologram. That was weird. Like really weird.

In the new video, the girl who saved him twice appeared. "'Um do you have a sec, I'm sorry to interrupt.'"  She seemed kind. "'You know that boy with the messy hair and the freckles. It's hard to describe his face. But kinda plain looking, unassuming. I was wondering... Would it be possible to give him some of the points I earned on the exam?'"

Izuku stared at the screen. Why would she do that? She didn't know him beyond keeping him from hitting the ground literally twice. "'I heard him say something about getting just one point. That just seems crazy. How can someone who took down that huge villain robot not have any points?!'" She had gotten worked up about it. "'He would have had a better score if he hadn't stopped to help me. He saved me; I have to make it up to him. Please sir can't you give him my points?!'"

Izuku felt tears fill his eyes, warmed by her concern. "You have your quirk yes, but it's your actions that inspire others." All Might said warmly.  "That is why I am here. You see the practical exam was not graded on combat alone. How can the hero course reject someone saving others no matter the consequences to himself?!"

Izuku's tears fell and he rubbed at them with his sleeve, "After all that is what makes a hero. That's what my Alma Mater is all about. Training those who would risk their lives for the greater good." All Might's voice had softened. Banishing with it the thoughts of worthlessness and failure. "So, we have rescue points. A panel of judges watched, and they awarded points based on heroic acts beyond just fighting villains. Izuku Midoriya you earned 60 Rescue Points!"

The rankings popped up and he gaped. There at Rank 1 was Kacchan 77 villain pts; 0 rescue. At Rank 3 they announced the girl's score to him, her name was Uraraka Ochako 28 villain pts; 45 rescue pts. 

But there at Rank 7 in the top ten was his name. Midoriya Izuku 0 villain pts; 60 rescue pts. The opposite but staggeringly highest rank in rescue to Kacchan's villain defeat score.

"You pass the exam." All Might said.

"Is this a joke?" Izuku sobbed.

"Welcome Izuku," That was the first time his hero had said his first name. "You've made it, you are now part of the hero academia."

Izuku bent over the hologram and sobbed with relief; with utter heart-rending joy. He thanked All Might, he thanked Uraraka. He thanked his mother, and his late father, then he thanked Kacchan. He needed to tell his mate. He grabbed his phone and texted him that he was on his way over. 

Izuku got up and changed out of his house clothes. He opened the door to his mom. She was still pacing still worried, so he flashed her a happy smile. "I passed."

"Aww my baby!" She teared up in happiness and rushed him. Her hug made his heart warm.  "Were celebrating I'll call Mitsuki. We should have a party!"

"I'm going to go tell Kacchan, I'll be right back!" But she was already off muttering about dinner plans and calling her best friend. Izuku grabbed his new pair of red shoes and sprinted out the door. It was still early in the afternoon. He needed to see Kacchan now.

Sprinting down the street and turning down the neighborhood with the houses, he saw Kacchan walking onto the street. No doubt coming to meet him. "Kacchan!" Izuku yelled.

His mate looked at him in surprise before Izuku launched himself into Kacchan's arms. His mate caught him with a curse and straightened. Izuku wrapped his legs around Kacchan's waist and grabbed his cheeks. The furious look Izuku got was perfect. 

"You got first place!" Izuku exclaimed before he meshed his mouth to his mates. Swallowing the curse that almost beat him there. Kacchan responded fast and hungrily. Their tongues sliding and tangling before he pulled back for air.

"You passed." Kacchan huffed. "No more bullshit?"

"No more bullshit Kacchan." Izuku promised.

"Good." Then Kacchan was kissing him again, turning to push him onto the stone wall that fenced in his yard. Their kiss this time was frantic. Like making up for lost time. He dragged his claws into Kacchan's hair and bit his lip. He got a very wolf like growl from his human mate in response.

"Oi Katsuki! Stop molesting poor Izuchan and get in here. Inko is coming over and we're celebrating!" The voice of Kacchan's mom shocked him. And he jerked back as Kacchan snarled at the house behind Izuku. 

"Get lost old hag. I'll molest Deku if I fucking want to!" Kacchan bellowed.

 "Oh my god Kacchan you can't just say that?!" Izuku exclaimed.

"Why the fuck not?!" Kacchan snarled back. Izuku squeaked as a hand full of his butt was grabbed and immediately regretted letting Kacchan do whatever he wanted. They were in the middle of the street! 

*

Notes:

SPOILERS

 

Did anyone else read ch. 191 of the manga. Wtf was that tease?! Were gonna go back to regular story and still not know how Dabi and the Todoroki family is related.

I mean I think he's a child of endeavor. Not from his current marriage. I'm betting he slept with a woman to make the fire quirk stronger. The result is Dabi. Then he realizes, he needs ice power to balance out the heat fatigue. Thus he forces Shoto's mom to marry him. Or he could be the red haired kid we haven't seen since the flash back. Idk.

But now we were just teased and there's no real answer given. Way to Kingdom Hearts us ugh!

Chapter 9: Expanding The Pack

Summary:

Meeting up with All Might and the changes to his health.

Notes:

Regarding the last chapter. I miss wrote on the practical exam scores that Katsuki's score was 70 when it was, 77. After it was brought up by a reader I checked my notes and totally had it written down. So I went thought and edited. So thanks for catching that; that's important canon stuff I don't want to change. I just want to say thank you readers so much for the comments.

It just makes me smile to see you like this so much. I didn't think anyone would like the concept of this AU so much. I thought it was too ambitious.

I'm going to explain the process a bit to show how I'm doing this.

As I said before I do this while I'm just hanging out watching my son play. I have notes taken two episodes ahead. I cross reference the manga and then apply my concept to create each chapter. As of now I'm going to keep updating once a day until I finish the first season of the anime. Then I'm going to take a week off and get all the episodes down for notes.

During that week I think I'm going to add to my other fics. Which are already written. Then I'll go right into season two with the same updating schedule. Hopefully by this time season three will be done and the same thing will happen.

After that we'll see what happens. Keep with me. :)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

It was later in the evening after Izuku had celebrated the joint acceptance of himself and his mate to UA that he got a text. Dragging himself away from his mate's grabby hands and intoxicating kisses he managed to walk his mother home and sprint to the beach. There on the clear sands and moonlit waters he saw All Might, wearing his civilian body.

His clothing was extra baggy to allow for hero transformations. But the most important part was that he smelled like summer nights, pack, and fur. The bite had taken.  "All Might!"

His mentor wildly shushed him as a couple on the pier near them exclaimed in excitement.  "Sorry I was mistaken! He's not here!" Izuku yelled.

They both relaxed in relief. Izuku saw the shadows under All Might's eyes had lessened.  "It worked." Izuku smiled happily.

"Yes, the doctor said my stomach is regenerated. But the damage to my respiratory system is going to be permanent. Some of the incisions and damage was cauterized during surgery and before. Apparently cauterizing a wound will make it permanent." All Might smiled.  "But to be able to eat what I want again. That's a dream come true."

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you heal everything." Izuku apologized.

"Healing quirk experts said that the best I could do was what I had. Using this quirk is a miracle young Midoriya. One I am grateful for you sharing with me." All Might gripped his fists excitedly.  "But enough about that. Congrats on getting into UA."

 "I couldn't have done it without your help." Izuku bowed properly to convey his thanks

"Oh, speaking of which I didn't tell anyone I was training you. Or that you passed the werewolf quirk to me. On paper Dr. Mitsu is going to say he used some of the extracted werewolf hormone he got from Lycan on the full moon." All Might said. That was good he didn't want anyone to think he got help or bought his way into UA.  "I also wasn't a judge, nor did I pull any strings. You earned that score all on your own. "

"Thank you for telling me that's all a relief to know. " He was itching to share scent with All Might and make him pack.  "I was surprised to hear you were a teacher."

"We kept it under wraps until the school made a statement."  All Might rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.  "I was coming to find a successor, luckily I found you right off the bat."

"Your power completely wrecked my body and all I did was jump and throw one punch." Izuku looked at his hands.  "My healing isn't fast enough to compete with that. I can't control it like I can my quirk. What do I do?"

"You used it full blast the first time. I suspected this might happen. With more training you'll be able to contain it better." All Might grinned.  "What did it feel like? "

"Like holding an electric storm under my skin." Izuku said, he emerged the way it felt beefier it blew him apart.  "Like microwaving something, only it blows the microwave up. "

"That's a weird comparison." All Might dead panned at him.

"Well you asked!" Izuku huffed.

"Well, use that, whatever you need to make it work. And with time you'll use it better than even I could." All Might's already startling blue eyes brightened to luminous. His hero form rippled over him.  "Making it your own!" 

The couple on the pier exclaimed as they noticed him.  "Now we run!"

Izuku grinned and his half form changed his human features just a little bit more sharp. They started running across the beach. It felt great, his first time running with another wolf. And despite All Might being stronger, older and just more; he ran just behind to his left.

It brought into stark relief that he was going to be a pack leader. He was now a progenitor of the werewolf quirk. He needed to talk to Dr. Mitsu. They finally stopped after they noticed that was no one chasing them.

"Can I...um...?" Izuku flushed with embarrassment.

"Scent me?" All Might asked with a booming laugh. "I'm glad you mentioned it. It feels creepy if I do."

Izuku kicked his shoes off and undressed totally to change into his full wolf shape. Towering at All Might's chest in height he shook himself. All Might sat in the sand as Izuku rubbed his head and shoulders all over All Might. Infusing the scent of summer heat and Izuku's forest and paper smell. All Might spontaneously changed back to his small shape and Izuku did it again. He got both summer scents into his fur and like a rubber band the scent of pack solidified.

Pack smelled like fire, forests, warmth, and home. The accumulated scents of his mother, the Bakugou's, and Kacchan. But now, the scent had times of day added in. All Might was a strange addition. But one Izuku was happy to have. 

Izuku paced back, changed, and got dressed again. He walked forward and sat down as well. "I would like it if you met the rest of my pack. I haven't really thought about it like adding another member. Mom and Kacchan and his parents have been pack since I was turned. You’re the first new addition."

"I would be honored young Midoriya." All Might smiled.

 


 

The next morning Izuku asked his mom if she would be willing to meet his trainer. He had agreed not to mention that it was All Might. So, she called Mitsuki and his whole pack was going to gather for lunch on Izuku's last day off. After this he would go back for his last three weeks of class before he switched to high school.

Waiting for the inevitable meet. Izuku called Dr. Mitsu. "Midoriya-san how are you? Did you pass the exam?" The doctor's bright voice made Izuku smile.

"I did. I wanted to thank you for looking after All Might." Izuku leaned on the wall behind his bed and looked at his hand.  "He seemed very happy with some of the healing."

"Considering the age of his wounds, I wasn't expecting it to do much more than repair what might occur now." Dr. Mitsu informed. "I received permission to discuss with you any results of his healing and the progress with what we're calling the 'Loup Garou' quirk."

"Oh, thank you, what have you found?" Izuku grabbed for his personal notebook to analyze his quirk.

"Considering the information, you sent me on your own progress over these past ten months I think you are in the cusp of exceeding what Lycan can do." Dr. Mitsu hummed a moment and then started again.  "All Might took to the quirk as quickly as you did. It was remarkable. But something with his other quirk is speeding up the healing exponentially. His stomach, which was estimated to regenerate within thirty-six hours grew in at approximately four hours. It might have happened faster if there wasn't just so much to heal."

Izuku felt his eyes widen. One For All would be the differing factor. Could Izuku apply One For All to his healing? The possibilities were endless. If he could speed up his regeneration it would help greatly against damage accumulated in the future.

"All Might's muscle atrophy reversed after his stomach regenerated. His other organs which had been reorganized for function are now lying properly and are working well. The only things his healing didn't fix, were the damages to his respiratory system. Quite a lot was cauterized in the fight, and after when they cobbled him back together." Dr Mitsu rattled off and the sound of paper was shuffled around.  "I do believe this means that nerve damage as whole cannot be healed either. Or prior nervous damage to the bite."

"That was one of the theories." Izuku remarked. Lycan had said there were limitations. 

"Yes, but it is still a remarkable advancement in what we know." Dr. Mitsu seemed to be smiling.  "While it's regrettable the bite couldn't make a full reversal of the injuries, it did quite a lot more than I expected. I must thank you for the opportunity to observe."

"Oh no, thank you for your hard work doctor." Izuku smiled down at his notes.  "I had a question, we talked about how I'd built a pack around myself as a child-"

"Yes, Lycan said that building a pack is necessary. He had one before he went to villainy. In that case he went lone wolf. I spoke with various experts in the field of canis lupus study. My theory is that you will experience the drive to add to the pack, though not the desire to share your quirk with every member. You will experience the need to hunt for a mate, perhaps even the drive to reproduce one day. "

He couldn't say that he'd not thought much on children one day. He'd chosen a male mate, but that was his business. No, he was curious about why he was smelling pack in the people he was just meeting. "Why would I be smelling pack potential in strangers? "

"It could be your subconscious has chosen them as allies." Dr. Mitsu offered.

"Maybe, I'll have to experiment with it. Thank you for listening doctor."

"My pleasure Midoriya-san." Dr. Mitsu hung up then.

As Izuku was getting to his feet the doorbell rang. He headed out and greeted his mate and his parents. "So, what the fuck did you call us here for Deku?" Kacchan demanded.

"Do you remember my trainer?" Izuku asked.

"That twig, yeah?" Kacchan sauntered into the house after kicking off his shoes. Mitsuki swatted him and bustled off to see Izuku's mom.

"Well he was very sick while he trained me. He had very bad injuries that were impairing the way he was living. I got permission from Dr. Mitsu and I gave him my quirk."

Kacchan blinked at him in shock. "You turned someone?"

"I did, and I want him to meet everyone." Izuku smiled reassuringly.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me?!" Kacchan growled and backed Izuku into his room.

"It just kind of happened." Izuku waved his hands weakly.  "I spoke to Dr. Mitsu about other things as well. I've always known I was the alpha. It's my pack. And since you're my mate that makes you an alpha too."

"Yeah I fucking know. That's why I'm pissed you didn't say anything!" Kacchan hissed.

"Well there's another person who smelled like pack to me other than Yagi-san. So, I spoke with the doctor. He said that this was normal. I'm going to want to add to our pack. Almost a separate action pack in comparison to this small elder family unit." Izuku rubbed his neck and looked at his mate.  "I wanted to apologize for doing it without telling you. But I wanted you to know that you can add members as well."

Kacchan seemed to think it over and Izuku was just glad he wasn't going to blow up immediately. "I get to decide what they're rank is. It's your pack but I'm your mate. You can pick and I'll place them. Then I'll pick and you place them. "

Izuku beamed at his mate and hugged him. Pressing his lips into Kacchan's.  "Don't fucking forget this Deku"

"I won't Kacchan" Izuku grinned.  "I hope you find someone to add. I think you'll make some good friends at UA. We'll really meet people with similar goals."

Kacchan sneered at the thought and stomped from the room.  "Auntie! I'm hungry!"

Izuku rolled his eyes as his make smirked and snuck out to commiserate with their parents. The doorbell rang and he rushed to go answer it.

 


 

Toshinori stood taking his shoes off as young Midoriya practically vibrated where he stood. Once freed of his jacket and shoes he followed his protégé into the apartment proper.

"Yagi-san, you've already met my mate Bakugou Katsuki." Izuku, he needed to start calling him Izuku, introduced. The kid who pretty much ignored him during training looked him over. This was the boy who got rank one in the practical exam. He was very promising.

"It is very nice to meet you young man. I am Yagi Toshinori." Toshinori greeted.

"Yeah, yeah, Deku decided you were worth something. Don't fucking waste it."  The young Bakugou growled out. As much as Toshinori knew this boy was to be his student, he still felt the ties of pack between them. He may be the boys teacher, but this was his alpha's mate.

"Ignore my boy, he's got a shitty mouth." A woman with the same ash blond colored hair swatted he boy who snarled at her. She grinned and held out her hand.  "I'm Mitsuki and this is my husband Masaru. We were all surprised our Izuchan decided to share his quirk with anyone. Considering how he got it in the first place."

Indeed. Toshinori was grateful, it had already improved his ability to live. Though his respiratory system was still beyond repair and his body could only sustain hero form for three hours still. It was a humbling and happy turn of events. He'd honestly given up a bit of hope in regards to ever healing before young Midoriya blew into his life. 

"I am honored to make your acquaintance. The bite has already helped some of my missing organs regrow and resituate. I'm doing much better than I was." Toshinori grinned.

"Oh, I'm sorry, lunch is almost finished." A sweet voice some from the kitchen and Toshinori turned around. There was a petite woman, with long green hair pulled up a bit on one side. She had warm eyes and a soft demeanor. She was a bit plump all over but considering he was a walking skeleton who was he to remark on it.

In all honesty she was radiant. The most beautiful woman he'd ever seen.  "Hello, I'm Midoriya Inko. Thank you for taking care of my son."

 "A-Ah no, the pleasure is mine. Young Midoriya is an excellent student I am lucky to have trained him." Toshinori stepped forward and held out his hand. "Sorry for the intrusion."

"O-O-Oh no, I'm sorry for any trouble my Izuku may have caused. I remarkable that he's added you to his pack."  She bowed to him and they seemed to reach the same level of flustered. He'd never felt like this before. His lungs itched as his breathing picked up.

Izuku patted his mom's shoulders and she seemed to even back out into a host.  "Well either way on behalf of my son and his mate's family. I welcome you to the pack."

He was never more happy to have met that heroic boy than he was in this precise moment. He was certain his protégé would make him feel like that quite a bit in the times to come. A warm feeling of belonging filled him. Izuku looked at him with glowing green eyes. He had no idea his own glowed bright blue to match.

 

Notes:

I'm gonna update again, this was a bit of filler.

Chapter 10: What I Can Do For Now

Summary:

First day at UA

Notes:

I edited this three times because I got two mistakes brought up to me in a day. Super self consious now. `^` anyways I thought the previous chapter was more of filler. So here you go.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Three weeks later. Marked the first day of his first year of high school. Izuku managed to skate past his mother and her hovering. He smiled at her as he left in his new uniform. The commute was only a little longer than his previous one, but he made it there all the same. The school was cutting edge. The halls were massive, two lane roads. 

He finally came to the class he'd tested into. Class 1-A the hero course. The best students in the nation were in there. Kacchan would be in there. This was the first day of the rest of his life. The first step to his training to be a hero.

He'd spent the last three weeks in correspondence with All Might and his doctor. Monitoring All Might's progress told him the pro had started to gain some weight. But he was still very emaciated. Izuku also spent that time working on his own healing. He managed to get simple wounds like a cut from a knife to heal in minutes. He was pretty sure a break could heal in an hour. 

It was progress but not enough. 

Izuku screwed up his courage and opened the door to his class. The room was filled but what caught his attention was Kacchan. He always placed himself close to the front. No matter what anyone said about his attitude, Kacchan was an excellent student. 

But it wasn't the rather attractive sight of his mate in his new uniform that caught his attention. Though that would star in his dreams for a few nights after this. No, it was the sight of the boy with the leg quirk who had challenged him.

A challenge that now was burning in his veins, he had been negligent in silencing the play on his dominance. Now the boy was bothering his mate. "Take your feet off that desk you delinquent."

"Hah?!" Kacchan looked up at the other boy, That look was dangerous, it was mocking. Picking a dominance fight with Izuku was one thing. But Kacchan had been fighting him since they were kids. Izuku only won half the time. The other half of the time Kacchan won. Any human who could tangle with a werewolf and win was scary.

This boy didn't have any idea who he was lecturing.

"It's the first day and you're already disrespecting this academy by scuffing school property!" The boy spoke loudly. It grated on Izuku ears.

"You're kidding me right?!" Kacchan shifted and tilted his head to the side. His body language screamed threat.  "D'your old school put that sick up your ass or were you born with it?"

"Let's start over, I am Iida Tenya of Soumei Private Academy." The boy introduced and held out a hand. That wasn't the way to introduce yourself to Kacchan. His mate communicated in insults and curses with other people. Half the time that's how he communicated with Izuku.

"Soumei huh? So, you must think you're better than me?!" His mate jumped to his feet and Izuku needed to intervene if he didn't want to see his mate expelled for attempted murder.  "I'm gonna have fun tearing you a new one."

"You would threaten me? Your own classmate? Are you sure you're in the right place?" Iida gasped in shock.

Izuku felt the deep rumble of the growl as it bubbled from his chest. It drew all the eyes of the students who had been watching the interaction. His growl was a warning. And his mate jerked his gaze immediately over. Confusion was in those red eyes; often if Izuku thought Kacchan was going too far he'd growl at his mate. It served as a line for his mate not to cross.

Most of the time he did anyways, but Izuku didn't have to keep silent about it. 

But Izuku's ire was not directed at his boyfriend. Instead at the challenger who had slipped past him to bother his mate. The boy turned to look at him and started walking over. "Hello again, my name is-"

"Yeah I know, I'm Midoriya Izuku. It's super nice to meet you." Izuku said with light sarcasm coloring his tone before it hardened.  "But if you could refrain from harassing my mate that would be nice."

"Mate?" Iida gaped at him.

"Yeah soulmate, significant other, partner, boyfriend." Izuku said sternly. He leveled his glowing eyes at Iida. There would be no mistake, he would not tolerate any challenge to his mate that wasn't answered.

"Eh?!" The whole class gasped.

Iida shook that off and soldiered on, “Midoriya you knew that there was something more to the exam didn't you?"

Izuku blinked in confusion. Wasn't this a challenge for his dominance?

"You must be very perceptive, and I completely misjudged you. As a student you are far superior to me." Iida said. 

"That's not right," Izuku mumbled right as his mate chimed in.

"You got that right, glasses!" Izuku leaned around Iida to look at his mate sternly. 'Stop helping' his look said. Kacchan just smirked. Jerk.

"Hey, I recognize that messy hair!" A cheery voice called from behind him. Izuku looked back to see Uraraka there.  "Falling boy!"

"Oh gosh, I'm really glad I got to see you again. Thank you for everything. I'm Midoriya Izuku!"

"Deku! Who the fuck is she?!" Kacchan bellowed.

Shuffling sounds immediately distracted Izuku and he looked down. He was followed by Iida and Uraraka. There in a yellow sleeping bag was a man who was watching them. 

Izuku felt his face pull back in a look of horror. How long had he been there?! What even was he? He was in a sleeping bag in the middle of the huge hallway!

"Welcome to UA's Hero Course." He said and sucked a fruit pack down. He sat up and the whole thing unzipped from within. He wore a black jumpsuit with utility packs wrapped around the belt at his waist. A scarf made of dark tan bandages wound around his neck and shoulders. He looked worn out and tired. Who was this guy? "It took you eight seconds before you shut up. That's not gonna work."

The man stood up and lugged the sleeping bag into the classroom. "Time is precious, rational students understand this." He stepped behind the teacher's podium and turned to face the entire class. "Hello I'm Aizawa Shouta. Your teacher."

Then he reached into the sleeping bag and pulled out a gym uniform colored blue and red with white lining. "Right get changed into these and let's head outside." 

 


 

Katsuki watched his boyfriend as he was changing into his gym uniform. The other students were chatting amicably. But Katsuki refrained, his gaze landed instead on the ragged bite mark that covered the muscle of Deku's shoulder. It looked like the teeth had sunk in and shredded the skin. It healed seamlessly. The scar was the only thing left behind.

A murmur went over the boy's locker room they were holed up in. He gritted his teeth as they speculated about his relationship with Deku. It's not like they announced they were going to fuck on the classroom floor. What the fuck was the big deal?

Katsuki sure as fuck didn't want an audience the first time they did anything remotely sexual. He was going at Deku's pace, and that was that.

"Is it any of your fucking business?! Go to hell!" Katsuki snapped and a hush went over the room. He slammed his locker shut and stomped out of the room. Deku apologized, saying his 'Kacchan' was just rather private. And he fucking was. Deku was his, and he was Deku's. Statement of fact. 

 


 

"A quirk assessment test?" Class 1-A seemed to ask at the same time after their teacher announced it. Izuku watched the sleepy looking man. He smelled like saline and linen. A clean smell. 

"You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives. But you've never gotten to use your quirks in physical exams before." Aizawa started to explain.  "This country is still trying to pretend we are all created equal. They do this by not letting those with the most power to excel. It's not logical. One day the ministry of education will learn."

He turned surveying the class before he pulled a ball out of his pocket.  "Bakugou you managed to get the most points on the practical exam. What was the farthest you could throw a soft ball in junior high? "

"67 meters I think." Kacchan answered. 

"Right try throwing it with your quirk." Aizawa waved to the marked point on the ground. Kacchan walked over and looked at the teacher.  "Anything goes just stay in the circle."

Izuku watched as Kacchan wound up and hurled the ball with a roar of effort. Two full explosions chained the ball as it blasted into the air. It was such a display of strength and ability Izuku felt the hair all over his body raise. His mate was so cool. 

Their teacher measured the distance recorded by the ball and held up his phone. 705.8 meters it said. 

"Whoa 705 meters are you kidding me?" Someone asked. Izuku had left Kacchan to train on his own over the past ten months. He was in awe, but he wasn't that surprised. Kacchan was amazing. 

"Whoa I wanna go, that looks like fun!" The girl with pink skin and hair exclaimed. 

"Now this is what I'm talking about. Getting to use our quirks whenever we want." The boy with the elbow quirk and black hair exclaimed. Izuku flinched as the air around them seemed to gain some weight. 

"So, this looks fun huh?" Aizawa was looking at them seriously. Like they were nothing, and if Izuku was honest, even compared to real pros they were less than nothing. "You have three years here to become heroes. You think it's all gonna be games and play time?" 

The smirk that spread their sensei's mouth chilled Izuku. It was a dangerous challenge. One from someone who thought very little of them. This teacher was a predator. Who was he?  "Today you'll compete in a number of physical tests to gauge your quirk potential. Whoever comes in last has none and will be expelled immediately." 

Pure panic seemed to hit everyone in their class. Their teacher was an alpha. Izuku felt his palms sweat with nervousness. "I get to decide how I run my class. Understand? If that's a problem you can head home right now." 

Izuku looked up into the black eyes of their sensei. His inner drive to win banished the nervousness from him. His quirk was powerful alone, but he also had One For All with him as well. He could do this. He would meet his teacher's challenge.

"You can't send one of us home!" The bright voice of Uraraka called out. "I mean we just got here. Even if it wasn't the first day that isn't fair!" 

"Oh, you think natural disasters are fair? What about power hungry villains? Or catastrophic events that wipe out whole cities?" Aizawa asked and that silenced the protests, he was right. "No, the world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to combat that unfairness. If you want to be a pro you're gonna have to push yourselves to the brink. For the next three years UA is going to throw one terrible thing after another at you. So, go beyond, Plus Ultra style. Show me it’s not a mistake you're here."

Izuku joined the class as the first test was announced. The 50-meter dash. There was a taped line set before them. He watched as other students went first. After watching Iida against Asui Tsuyu he realized what his quirk was. ‘Engine’, centered in his legs. 

Uraraka lightened her clothes, zero gravity was a very interesting quirk. Finally, he was announced to go against Kacchan. "You better fucking come at me Deku!" 

"Of course," Izuku smirked as a daring flirtatious look passed between them. 

"Are we sure they're dating?" Someone in the gathered class asked. Izuku ignored it and unzipped his shirt. Then he kicked his shoes off and rolled his pants up to his knees. A questioning hum ran around. 

It silenced when he changed into his hybrid form. His lumbering steps lined him up with Kacchan and he crouched. Claws dug into the ground to gain purchase. His tail swished and he waited. The buzzer sounded and he lunged. A series of explosions sounded and Kacchan was neck and neck with him. He ran on all fours, his larger muscles propelling him swiftly. 

They crossed near equal. 

Kacchan won at 5.13 seconds

Izuku finished at 5.14 seconds 

He snorted as Kacchan laughed. Izuku bumped him aside and his mate swatted at him. They moved back to the class and Izuku changed back. "Wow Midoriya, that's your quirk?" 

"I saw it for a few minutes at the exam but what is your quirk?" Someone else asked. Izuku skipped his shoes on and tied his shirt on a well.

"It's called werewolf!" Izuku grinned. "I have wolf characteristics and can apply it in a variety of ways." 

"That's why he called Bakugou his mate." The pink haired girl said. 

"Wait don't wolves mate for life?" 

"Moving on!" Aizawa said as he led them into the indoor gym. 

The second test was grip strength. Izuku decided to give his mate space for this. He wanted everyone to know they were together. But that they were also separate people. He was awaiting the day his mate told him he'd made a friend other than him. Kacchan had held little interest in their childhood friends, or previous classmates. 

So Izuku moved off and held the grip test in hand. He looked at it and decided to try pairing One For All with his werewolf strength. His arms grew fur and claws respectively. His long fingers wound around the handle of the test. He closed his eyes and tried to imagine an egg in a microwave. 

He pulled at the electric feeling in his core and felt it rush. Then he focused on not letting it explode the microwave (his body). As he gripped the test tight One For All slipped away entirely. 

He looked down and saw only his werewolf strength had translated. 307.4 kg. It was still high. But the highest was around 550 kg. A tall boy with three arms in each socket got that score. He had white hair and wore a half mask. Izuku would have to learn his name and quirk, it looked cool. 

The next test took them back outside to a long sand pit. It was there they did the standing long jump. Izuku slipped back into the gym to strip down entirely. Once in full wolf form he nudged the door back open. He trotted over and his mate patted his side before taking his turn. The girls of the class however swarmed him. 

Apparently his wolf form was cute. He watched his mate fly over the entire sand pit. He was pretty sure as big as he was he could make it over as well. Once he was called up Aizawa looked him over as if he were unimpressed. Izuku wagged his tail and crouched down into a jumping position. Once called to start he leapt. He cleared the sand box but landed on all four paws just outside the border. 

Pass. 

Once he changed back he smirked at his mate and they all moved to the repeated sidesteps. He decided just his half form would do. And he managed but the most impressive was a boy called Mineta Minoru. He pulled some strange adhesive balls off his head to pile at each side. Apparently they stuck to everything, but he bounced off them. He proceeded to bounce between the two piles at increasing speed.  

Returning to the ball throw circle. Uraraka proceeded to annihilate them all. With her zero-gravity quirk. The ball just floated way up into sky. With an infinity score she took first place there. But Izuku needed something impressive. His teacher had challenged him. He felt like he was just meeting the goals instead of exceeding them. 

He would need to use One For All this time. He was called up and shook himself loose. 

"If Midoriya isn't careful he could be the one going home," Iida said behind him. Izuku gritted his teeth. 

"Shut the fuck up!" Kacchan hissed. "just fucking watch what he can do." 

"Did you not hear about what he did in the entrance exams?" 

Izuku let the transformation travel up his arms and shoulders. He focused on the egg in the microwave again. And when he pulled his arm back he threw the ball. Only for it to fall a few feet away. Both of his quirks had vanished. He looked over at his teacher as he approached. Aizawa's hair was floating around his head. Eyes glowing red, the bandages around his neck floated around his neck and shoulders revealing a set of goggles. 

Izuku knew this hero now. The Erasure Hero: Eraserhead! He was an underground legend! He was able to erase quirks as long as they were within his sight. "Were you planning to break your bones again? Relying on someone else to heal your useless body?" His teacher looked menacing.  "I've watched you all day, your abilities are decent enough. But I also watched that attack on the robot in the entrance exam. You acted without thinking. Your quirk made you suffer for it. Which means you have no control." 

Before Izuku could defend himself his teacher tilted his head back.  "No matter what your intentions are, you would be a liability in battle. People like you should never attend here. You have the same reckless passion of another overzealous hero I know." Aizawa clenched his fists and Izuku flinched. "One who saved a thousand people by himself and became a legend. But despite that drive you are worthless if you can only throw a single punch or make a single jump. Before your body breaks down on you." 

Izuku clenched his hands and looked at his teacher with determination. "With a power like that and that much backlash there's no way you can be a hero. I'm sorry Midoriya." They stared at each other and Izuku squared his shoulders. His teacher was right. His healing couldn't handle broken bones in the middle of a battle. But he was not going to give in, never again.  "I returned your quirk. Make your final throw." 

Izuku collected the ball and his transformation climbed back up his arms. All Might was right. His body wasn't ready to control it at a full level. But he had success using it to heal. He wound up and directed One For All into a single place. All towards the tip of his index finger. 

He knew he had a lot to learn. But he would do what he could for right now. He wasn't useless, his quirk would not be a liability.

He threw the ball and One For All pushed from his finger and claw. It blasted the ball far into the distance. His finger cramped up as the bones stared to break. He immediately forced the healing to pull them back. It wasn't perfect, but it was a lighter break than if his finger had been crushed. 

He cupped his hand and looked at Aizawa. It was only one finger, he could still fight, he could still transform. "I'm still standing, and I still have full use of my arm." 

He knew it was a cheeky changed to his teachers authority. But it seemed that was what he'd wanted. Aizawa grinned sharp and predatory like a wolf. Izuku met his gaze 'Look at me, I'm not weak. I can fight. I can protect. I can be a hero'. 

Aizawa turned the phone to him. 705.3 meters. 

*

Notes:

For anyone who is wondering why I kept Iida's comment about thinking Izuku would be excitement. I hope this clears up any confusion. :3

I kept this in because #1 this test was a ruse so that Aizawa could get a feel for quirk capabilities. It's not about who has the strongest physical quirk. That was the entrance exam.

#2 Iida thinks Izuku might fail because he's seen Izuku destroy the 0pt robot and in this test hes only using werewolf abilities. He's keeping it safe because he knows using One For All is going to break bones. But Iida doesn't know that, Iida thinks that one hit on the robot was the base line of Izuku's powers. So he thought Izuku was holding back, which wouldn't help him not be expelled.

#3 I thought I was clear when I listed exactly what Izuku can do here. Please remember, he hasn't tested the limits of what the werewolf quirk can really do. He was afraid to really use it for 10 years. After training with All Might for 10 months this is what he can do. A mash of wolf capabilities, times his size, mixed in with a human in peak condition. But this is only while he uses the werewolf quirk actively.

Keep in mind that the beauty of BNHA is that we get to watch the characters grow. That was my whole plan for this as well. Izuku is only 15 and yes he is a werewolf, but he's not some all powerful OP character. Which is why I had him ranked where he is.

Chapter 11: Rage, You Damn Nerd

Summary:

We get into the hero training class. And it starts a bit heated.

Notes:

Thanks for the comments guys. I really like seeing what you think. I am woefully critical of my own work. I always think it needs improvement. I was honestly not expecting such a positive reception. So thank you guys :3

 

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Katsuki gaped up at the direction Deku had thrown the ball. Part of him was completely enthralled, and the other was pissed. Since when could Deku do that? Could werewolves even throw like that?!

"He threw it over 700 meters?!" Someone exclaimed behind him.

"Nice he's showing us his true power!" Round Face shouted exuberantly. What the fuck did she know about Deku's true power?! What the fuck did he even know?!

"His finger appears to be broken. Just like in the practical exam. What a strange quirk." Glasses piped up as well.

Katsuki ignored them all. His eyes were all for his boyfriend. Why hadn't Deku said his quirk could do stuff like this?! Was he keeping secrets?! Had Deku lied to him about the werewolf quirk's capabilities?!

He needed answers, and he'd get to the bottom of it right the fuck now! Katsuki launched himself across the grass. His palm sparking with his agitation "Deku you bastard! How the fuck did you do that!"

His mate startled and turned around as if he'd forgotten Katsuki was there. "K-Kacchan?!"

He was going to grab his boyfriend up and shake him until answers spilled out of his lying secretive mouth. What the fuck Deku!?

Before he could get to his idiot, long bandages wrapped around his head and chest. Katsuki strained against them and looked back to where their teacher stood.  "Why the fuck is your scarf so strong?!"

"Because it's a capture weapon made of carbon fiber and a special metal alloy. Stand down." Aizawa growled. "It would be best to avoid making me use my quirk so much. It gives me serious dry eye."

"Sensei," Deku drew all eyes to him as he walked over to Katsuki.  "My quirk is called werewolf, so it gives me all the characteristics and instincts of a wolf. Kacchan is my mate, my boyfriend. He knows to treat me with wolf qualities because that's what I understand best with him. He would never hurt me for real unless I asked him to. We fight, we wrestle, it's how a pack communicates."

The bandages released Katsuki and he sneered. Why the fuck didn't people just immediately get it?! Aizawa glared at them. "You're wasting my time now, get out of the circle. Someone else step up"

Deku took his hand and lead him to the edge of the group. "I wasn't sure I could do that. Just that I needed to use everything Yagi-san taught me. I broke my finger with the effort though."

Contrary to Katsuki's usual attitude and the shit he knew he could spew sometimes. The idea of Deku being hurt really fucking bothered him. He knew his boyfriend could heal. He knew he needed to trust that Deku could handle himself. He'd done fine so far. Now he knew how the stupid fuck had broken his limbs at the entrance exam.

Katsuki took his partner's hand and looked at the dark red bruised hue of the broken finger. He lifted the hand and brushed his lips over the top of the hand. "K-Kacchan."

"Aww!" Someone fucking commented behind him.

"Shut the fuck up and drop dead!" Katsuki let go of his boyfriend's hand and stomped back into the group. It was an answer, but he was really still pissed Deku hadn't said anything. They hadn't had secrets their entire lives, and definitely not after becoming a couple.

He wasn't happy. Ignoring Deku after this would make that clear. Tomorrow he'd be more clear headed about it. 

 


 

Izuku knew Kacchan was mad at him. In fact, Izuku was mad at himself. He had told his mate the truth. But there was a larger lie hanging over him. A lie of omission. Telling Kacchan All Might had passed his quirk onto him was not his truth to tell exactly. 

It still made him feel like scum though.  They moved to the next test he ended up doing sit ups with Uraraka. He figured could handle it, so he started in human form. He got a lot done.

They moved into toe touches and he learned there was a bit of weakness in his back muscles. He'd need to fix that. He was sure All Might had given him tips for it in his fitness plan.

Then it came to the long-distance run. He shifted to wolf form and made four laps of the track just behind Iida who could maintain the speed of like a motorcycle or a car. A boy who used ice to slide around the track also finished before him. And Kacchan who used bursts of explosions between his natural speed finished a few feet ahead of him. 

They all gathered and Izuku kicked his feet back into his shoes and joined the group. "Alright time to give you your results. I've ranked you all from best to worst. I'll just pull up the list, it's not worth it to do this individually."

Aizawa sensei fiddled with his phone before it projected a large list on a hologram. 

  1. Yaoyorozu Momo
  2. Todoroki Shouto
  3. Bakugou Katsuki
  4. Iida Tenya
  5.  Midoriya Izuku
  6. Tokoyami Fumikage
  7. Shoji Mezou
  8. Ojiro Mashirao
  9. Kirishima Eijirou
  10. Ashido Mina
  11. Uraraka Ochako
  12. Koda Koji
  13. Sato Rikido
  14. Asui Tsuyu
  15. Aoyama Yuga
  16. Sero Hanta
  17. Kaminari Denki
  18. Jirou Kyoka
  19. Hagakure Toru
  20. Mineta Minoru 

"And I was lying. No one is going home." Aizawa gave them that predatory smile. "That was just a logical deception. To make sure you gave it your all on your tests." 

Izuku gaped in horror. He was so focused on his quirks; he hadn't thought of the reason behind the tests. He felt so stupid. What was wrong with him?! 

"Pick up a syllabus in the classroom. Read it over before tomorrow. Class is done for the day." Aizawa informed. He sauntered lazily towards the school building and paused next to Izuku. 

"Do you need to visit the nurse for healing?" He asked softly. Izuku felt his back straighten. He shook his head and held his hand up, his finger was totally healed and was working on re-growing his nail. 

"It healed enough to run on during the long-distance run." Izuku smiled. "I was going to use it as a reminder to not let myself get that damaged again." 

"Things are gonna get tough starting tomorrow. So, make sure you're prepared." The teacher said. "That's when your real training begins." 

Izuku was left feeling like he had a lot to learn. 

 


 

Izuku was pouting as he walked towards the gates. Kacchan was still mad, and sometimes...like when Izuku was freaking out...space was necessary. So, he trudged to the gates by himself, still berating himself for making his mate upset. 

He didn't like lying to Kacchan. 

A hand landed on his shoulder and Izuku gritted his teeth. He knew who it was without even turning around. "Hey there Iida, please stop touching me when I'm not paying attention. I really don't want to act on reflex and attack you."

"Oh, sorry," Izuku turned to see the taller boy. He stepped back and Izuku relaxed a fraction. "How's the finger? "

"O-Oh, all healed." Izuku flashed his hand. 

Iida nodded and stepped up to his side. "I was concerned by Aizawa sensei's approach to class."

Was he following Izuku now? Had the challenge been his imagination? Another disconnect from his wolf brain and his human brain? "But I trust the school's judgement. UA is the top program. Even though lying is downright immoral. "

Ah that didn't make him feel better at all. 

"Hey!" A female voice called Izuku looked back to see Uraraka running towards them. "Are you going to the station? I'll go with you!" 

 "Oh, you're that infinity girl!" Iida made the connection. 

"I'm Uraraka Ochako!" She introduced with a bright smile. "Let's see, you're Iida Tenya! And your name is Deku... Midoriya right? That's what Bakugou called you."

Ah, that nickname would be the death of him. A horrid flush filled his cheeks and he started to gesture with his hands. "N-No, Deku is just a nickname Kacchan gave me when we were kids to make fun of me. My name can be spelled that way but it's really Izuku." 

"Oh, I'm sorry! How mean!" She gaped with a trace of pity in her gaze. 

It really wasn't, not anymore. His mind flashed to hearing Kacchan muttering 'Deku' in his ear while Izuku was in his lap. Izuku dropped to a crouch in pure humiliation that his brain went there. "It's really not, it hasn't been mean since we were four." 

If Kacchan actually said his name... He wasn't sure he could keep going slow. They had all the time in the world to get to sex. But if Kacchan said his real name, in that gravely growl of his, Izuku would not be held responsible for his actions. 

"Kacchan is just bad with names. He gives nicknames to people he wants to remember." Izuku explained instead of saying 'I like it when he moans Deku in my ear. So, it's all right with me that that's what he calls me.' 

"You know what, I like it. Deku would make a great hero name. Like you never give up. I think it sounds kinda cute." Uraraka grinned. He liked her a lot she was rather earnest. She would make a great beta. 

"You can call me Deku if you want." Izuku allowed, the only person who evoked it intimately was Kacchan. He didn't mind. 

"Just like that? Weren't you saying it was an insult?" Iida asked in pure confusion. 

"Uh...n-not when there's other c-context behind it." Izuku babbled. "Uraraka thinks of me as it without making fun of me. And Kacchan thinks of me as that name but more...i-i-intimate."

The huge red flush on Iida's face rivaled Izuku's. They all looked away awkwardly. "A-anyways! That test today was crazy! "

The tension broke and they all walked from the school gates towards the station. Was this how one made friends? Izuku hadn't tried since he was young and met Kacchan. He smiled and took out his phone. 

He changed his name on the chat settings. 

DEKUWOLF: kacchan I made two friends today

EXPLODOKING: the fuck do I care about that nerd? 

Izuku smiled softly as he listened to his new friends talk. 

DEKUWOLF: Uraraka would make a great beta. As would Iida. 

EXPLODOKING: I'll be the judge of that 

Izuku was glad his mate wasn't overly furious with him. They could get past it. But Izuku was still holding a secret in. He needed to talk to All Might.

 


 

The next morning marked a full day to get into the schedule that would dominate their next three years. Izuku was sitting in the second row from the front and against the wall. In front of him was his mate.

The comfort allowed him to focus fully into his classes. Their mornings were full of core classes. Their syllabus listed the teachers and their subjects. Eraserhead was their homeroom teacher. Present Mic taught them English. Cementoss was their literature teacher. Midnight taught modern art. Ectoplasm taught mathematics. And All Might was their foundational heroics teacher.

It was a mesmerizing teacher list for Izuku.

The cafeteria was huge, and very affordable. Izuku went through with Kacchan and chose a large table to sit at. Within moments Uraraka and Iida joined him. Then Kirishima, and Kaminari, and Ashido joined Kacchan. 

His mate pointedly looked away. He was slowly making friends. It was rather impressive. To the surprise of the table Izuku pushed his tray to his mate who took a bite of each thing before offering Izuku the same. They shared first bites then went to their own lunches. 

"Ah...uh...it's a werewolf thing. Kacchan is my mate so sharing food is a form of...ugh..." He was so embarrassed.

"It's how pack mates share intimacy." Kacchan growled out and rolled his eyes. "So, don't be fucking surprised if he starts bringing you assholes snacks. But don't fucking eat off his damn plate or I'll blow you up. "

Izuku smiled nervously. Their classmates took it in stride. So Izuku munched on his rice and let the warmth of his mate next to him bleed into his side with comfort.

 

 

 

That afternoon the entire class was vibrating with excitement. They were going to do basic training. A chance to really learn from the pros. "I AM HERE!" The shout drew Izuku's attention as the whole class got even more wound up. There at the classroom door was All Might wearing his silver age hero costume. He had two hands on the door and feet on the floor outside the class. "Leaning through the door like a hero!"

Izuku stifled his giggle of amusement. What a weirdo. 

He then walked in much more normal like. "Welcome to the most important class in UA high. Think of it as hero-ing 101." All Might turned a beaming smile at them. "Here you will learn the basics of being a pro. And what it means to fight in the name of good! "

He then started to pose. His blue cape fell behind him as he turned and flexed. "Let's jump right into it, today's lesson will pull no punches!"

All Might turned around and was holding up a card. It said Battle on it.

"Fight training." Kacchan growled with a pleased tone.

"Real combat?" Izuku felt excitement boil back into his blood.

"One of the keys to being a hero is looking great!" All Might spoke over the rising murmurs of the class. He brandished a remote and when he pressed the button on it; panels between Kacchan and the board opened up. Showing briefcases inside the wall. "These were designed for you based on your registration forms! Get geared up and meet me at training ground beta!"

 


 

Izuku smiled in the locker room as he was overcome with a rush of emotion. He was holding his jumpsuit and loved every handmade stitch in the suit. It was mint green with white lining to accentuate his muscles. The hood was designed to allow room for each of his body shifts, his mother decided that from his design. 

Handmade with her heart in it. She'd surprised him, she hadn't made him something like that since he was a kid and she was making All Might onesies. Her words had broken his heart though.

'I've felt really bad these past few weeks Izuku. I knew I couldn't comfort you the way you wanted when you were four. I had to call your father home to hopefully bring your spirit back. And he did, he always knew just what to say to make everything better. To you, and to me. He was an amazing man.' Her tears had called his own fourth. It was rare they talked about his father. But when they did it never failed to get them both going, 'And then he died when I called him here. It's my fault. I suggested camping, and I told him to run with you. Oh, Izuku I'm so sorry.'

He'd not known his mother thought that. It was never her fault, or his that Hisashi had died. No, that blame laid squarely with Lycan. So, he'd spent a good fifteen minutes crying with his mother and assuring her that none of it was her fault. That led into the discussion the emotions derailed, as was a Midoriya trait. 'I felt like maybe you thought I'd given up on you and your dream all those years ago. So, this is my way of saying I support you honey, go out there and do your best. The way your father and I knew you would.'

Izuku wiped away lingering tears as he got changed into the suit. It wouldn't survive forever. He knew that. But he would wear it as long as he could. His mother's love was in it. That meant something to Izuku. 

The only thing he'd sent to the designers had been plans for his support items. First was a set of covers that fit over his teeth that would work in an emergency. If he felt like he was going to bite someone it was designed to be worn in his human and half forms. They covered his teeth like light film. Blunting the sharp edges that were there normally and would cover them as they got sharper. It was also mint green. 

There was also a mouth guard that he would wear on full moons. It would fit all of his different mouth shapes. He knew there was no off days for a hero, not really. Hoping that life would stop on the full moon was naive. This would keep him from changing someone in a frenzy.

The gloves were white to match the lining of his suit. They had two settings based on what werewolf form he was using. If he were in human shape they would fit his fingers. If he grew claws the claws would morph the gloves to points. To protect from breaking. And if they were paws he had a protective covering on his pads. Likewise, he'd sent in a design of his red shoes. This way he would stop destroying them. They also shifted between his bodies.

Once dressed Izuku tugged his hood up and settled the protective mouthpiece over his teeth. The film wove under his tongue and seemed like it wasn't even there. This way he risked no chance of his gland popping up with infectious DNA altering werewolf hormones. It was getting close to the full moon. 

He ran out after the class had started off towards the training center. He got an eye full of his mate. Black military issue cargo pants wrapped with harnesses covered his legs. He had huge knee pads on that would hurt if they made contact. His boots looked heavy too. The orange X on his chest made Izuku's mouth water. Huge grenade shaped gauntlets covered his hands and forearms. A ragged domino with flares tied around his head. Mixing the black and orange with his ash bond hair. 

Ugh! Unfair, how was he supposed to do combat training with a hard on now? Stupid Kacchan with his bite-able body and stupidly good taste in things that made him look sexy!

Izuku fell in last once he was through the gates where All Might was talking. "Hey Deku, I love your costume." Uraraka greeted. She looked interesting in her black and pink suit. She looked a bit like a glamorous astronaut. "I should have been more specific with mine. It's too tight. "

"I think you look great! "Izuku smiled reassuringly.

"Now that you're ready, it's time for combat training!" All Might called. He held up a finger. "Most of the villain fights you see on the news happen outside. But statistically you are more likely to run into villains indoors. Truly intelligent villains stay in the shadows. For today's exercise you are going to be split into groups of bad guys and good guys. You will then fight two on two in indoor battles."

"Sir will you be deciding who wins?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"How much can we hurt the other teams?" Kacchan asked. Izuku sighed, his mate was blood thirsty today.

"Do we need to worry about the losing teams getting expelled?" Uraraka raised her hand from where she stood next to Izuku.

"Will you be splitting the teams up based on chance or comparative skill?" Iida joined in. Izuku stifled a laugh. They were all eager, himself included. Hopefully All Might could handle it. The teacher held up a hand and grimaced. He pulled a small book from his belt and Izuku snorted. He had a script!

"Listen up, the situation is this. The villains have hidden a nuclear missile somewhere in their hideout. The good guys must try to fool their plans. To do that the good guys must either capture both bad guys and recover the missile. Likewise, the bad guys must either protect their payload or capture both good guys." All Might picked up a box from the ground and held it up. "Time is limited. So, we'll draw lots. "

Everyone drew lots and Izuku ended up teamed with Uraraka on Team A as heroes. Much to her excitement. All Might then reached into two other boxes and matched up the teams. Team A Heroes vs Team D Villains; which consisted of Kacchan and Iida. They were also going first. 

Izuku wondered at that luck. He looked at his mate and the dangerous look sent his way told him two things. 'I won't go easy on you, so don't fucking go easy on me!' and 'I'm going to enjoy an all-out fight!'

Izuku felt all the hair in his body stand on end. This wasn't like their dominance fights, those were solved by a simple pin, this would be a real fight. Kacchan would use his quirk on Izuku. And Izuku would have to as well. 

He hated to hold back even a little. It felt just as dishonest to Kacchan as omitting the truth. But he couldn't control One For All. If he used it recklessly he could kill someone and cripple himself. He could never bring himself to do that kind of harm to Kacchan, much less his classmates. 

"All right the villain team may go in five minutes ahead of time to set up. Hero team feel free to strategize. Everyone else, let's go to the observation room." All Might instructed.

Izuku smiled at his partner and they sat on a railing lining the street. Izuku pondered over their plan. "Are you worried about facing Bakugou, considering you're dating?" 

"What?" Izuku frowned. "No, Kacchan and I have been fighting like this since we were kids. It's also part of my quirk, my need to wrestle for dominance. It would be weird if we didn't derive a thrill from getting to go all out on each other like this."

"Oh," She blinked in shock before she gave him a sly smile. "That kind of thrill huh? "

Izuku looked away and sputtered, "Don't read into it. It's embarrassing enough."

"So, he won't go easy on you, not even a little?" Uraraka sobered from the teasing.

"Oh no, nor would I want him too. Kacchan is at his best when he's trying his hardest. That's what I love about him." Izuku looked at his fists and clenched them. He didn't have One For All to use, but he still had all of his werewolf abilities. "I won't lose."

"It's a fated battle between lovers!" Uraraka exclaimed in excitement.

"Not that I'm trying to get you wrapped up in...in-," He gestured trying to convey his meaning.

"Werewolf and hothead mating rituals?" She smirked. Izuku was sure he was going to swallow his tongue. She was a monster, a romantic monster!

"Our rivalry!" He hissed and she just gave him a knowing look. The worst part was she was right. A real fight between them might push them past Izuku's waning desire to take it slow. His instincts ruled every part of his life in one way or another. Fighting Kacchan and getting worked up like that, it made his inner wolf hum with anticipation. They had been building up to this for a while. 

"Anyways we're a team right?!" She threw up a fist. "Let's win this!"

Pumped up by her enthusiasm and his hunger for the fight he nodded and started to lay out what he knew about how this would inevitably go.

 


 

Katsuki ignored Glasses as he tried to formulate an over convoluted plan. Katsuki knew they were going to sneak in. He knew he needed to keep them occupied. Glasses had a speed quirk requiring space to move. This open room around the missile was ideal for him. 

Katsuki could fight in enclosed spaces. He was enough of a powerhouse to keep them occupied. But in the event Deku proved to be a challenge, Glasses could keep Round Face busy until he finished. 

"Are you even listening?" Glasses asked.

"I'm going down to keep them busy. You protect the missile." Katsuki said. If this asshat couldn't follow that simple order, what good would he be as a member of the pack? Katsuki snarled at the thought.

As he walked he felt a heavy air settle over him. The implications were numerous. If he fought all out with Deku... He knew how much the wolf part of him loved fighting Katsuki. It had been a way to flirt and rile the nerd up over the course of their dating relationship. But they had never gone this hard before.

If they went at it full force, they could injure each other. The notion sent hot waves of want through him. Deku could meet him as an equal in a fight. If he didn't... 

Katsuki shook that thought from his head. Deku would meet him equally. They would fight harder than ever before. One of them would be the victor. And if their blood got hot enough... He knew there was no going back to slow after this. The universe had given their slow dating pace the finger.

He was ready for this fight and everything that came after, hopefully his boyfriend was too. It might destroy Katsuki otherwise. 

 


 

"Alright Let's Begin!"

The signal to start had Izuku opening the window chosen as their point of entry. He climbed in and kept his eyes on all directions as Uraraka joined him. 

"And like that were in." She whispered.

"Be careful there's a lot of blind spots." Izuku mumbled back to her. As one they made their silent and slow way through the maze of halls.

He felt something come over him. Something that was reacting to the atmosphere. Sharpening his focus, heightening his senses. He'd only felt this twice before and only in explosive bursts. This was sustained, fueling him with anticipation and hyper awareness. If this was his hunting instinct, this was different from when he chased Kacchan and the rabbits in the woods.

This could help him tremendously as a hero. 

They neared another hall branching from the one they were in. Izuku froze as his hearing picked up the steady but elevated heartbeat he knew better than his own. Kacchan. The scent of Nitroglycerin and... fire not ash. His quirk was activating.

Izuku looked up just as his mate appeared. He'd jumped instead of running around the corner. That threw Izuku off a bit. But not enough to stop him. He dove for Uraraka and dragged her to the ground covering her as Kacchan hit the wall behind them with a massive explosion. 

He shifted so Uraraka could squirm out from under him. She patted him in thanks. "What's the matter Deku, afraid to stand up and fight me?!"

He appeared from the dust and smoke like a demon. It didn't matter if he was really embodying the villain role or if this was a challenge between them. It hit Izuku like a ton of bricks. In his hyper awareness he recognized just how aroused he was. Kacchan was sexy like this.

Izuku got to his feet and waved his hand signal at Uraraka. She backed up and gave him room. "I knew you'd come for me first Kacchan," Izuku grinned. "I already knew you'd try to catch me by surprise."

"I'm gonna hurt you so bad they have to stop the fight!" Kacchan ran forward drawing his right arm back as he lunged and swung. Izuku dodged into his mate's chest. He flashed his sharpening mint green coated teeth. He wrapped his arms around Kacchan's extended gauntlet covered arm at the elbow.

"Now, now, Kacchan don't flirt." Izuku teased. He twisted on his heel, pivoted his hip and hurtled his boyfriend over his shoulder. His mate hit the ground hard and gaped up at him.

Izuku clenched his fists and settled into a fighting stance. "You should know better than to fight me like you have anyone else. I've watched you for years, you always lead with a big right hook. Now get up and fight me for real!"

His mate was wide eyed as he rolled to his stomach and levered himself up. His hands out as small explosions crackled over them. A wide wicked smile spread across his lips, baring his teeth at Izuku. Kacchan was magnificent like this. "Deku," Kacchan's gravelly voice had deepened. "You're shaking in your boots. Yelling at me to fight you. This is why I love you! "

*

Notes:

It's about to get sexy guys. Get ready.

Chapter 12: Deku vs Kacchan: Bakugou's Start Line

Summary:

Be prepared for heavy flirting, and some action.

Notes:

Once again your comments make me smile guys. This chapter was fun to make notes for. As was the one that comes after. I'm actually going to fuse the two together as they were rather short after removing flash backs and going through the action.

 

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The look in Kacchan's eyes was a promise and a threat. It spoke of aggression untapped, passion untouched. After this, Izuku was going to complete the pair bond with him. He felt it in his bones. He would bite Kacchan. Kacchan would bite him. And he would get their combined scent so deep into each of them into there was no single scent between them just a blend.

But he needed to focus and not get too distracted by his mate's edibility. He looked to where Uraraka stood waiting behind Kacchan. His mate's focus was entirely on him, which was flattering. But it was also the weak point he needed.

Then something amazing happened. The comm piece in his mate's ear crackled to life. "Bakugou come in, give me a status report." Iida's voice was clear as a bell all the way over from where Izuku stood. "Where are you?" 

"Shut up and stop distracting me." Kacchan growled. "I've got more important things to worry about."

With that Kacchan placed one hand back and used an explosion to vault into the air. He flew at Izuku with furious intent. 

"Uraraka go!" Izuku commanded and she took off to the side down a hallway. 

Izuku caught the flying roundhouse kick that was aimed at his head. He blocked it and when his mate made contact. Izuku used the capture tape to loop his leg. The look of rage in those eyes told him he'd forgotten Uraraka was there. Now he was mad. Good, to beat Kacchan in a real right it wasn't all about exchanging blows. It was about keeping his distance. Waiting to strike. But keeping Kacchan pissed off enough to keep coming at him was going to be the challenge.

Izuku's libido could wait until after. 

His mate swung a punch at him and Izuku released the tape to dodge. He rolled to his feet and watched a second large explosion rock the hallway. "That was a ballsy move. Think you can take me all on your own?" 

"Oh, I know I can." Izuku leered at his mate which earned him a lascivious smirk in return. That punch was outside Kacchan's usual fighting parameters. He was changing it up. Izuku couldn't let him gain the upper hand. 

So, he turned and ran. Moving fast enough to gain distance and keep Kacchan off balance. "Get back here Deku!" 

Izuku found a darkened corridor and slipped down it. He passed an open hall and watched his mate storm past it back the way Izuku came from.. Good. 

Izuku kept going and ended up on the second floor. He made it to a side hall and settled in to monitor the situation. "Dammit, are you hunting me now you fuck?!" Kacchan yelled from down below. His hearing picked him up. "If you keep running away you'll never beat me!" 

The sound of Kacchan blowing doors open stopped, and his heavy footsteps moved around instead. Izuku tracked it until he was certain his mate had figured out he was upstairs. "Come out and face me you coward!" 

Izuku smirked the plan was moving smoothly. And Kacchan had gotten impatient. He'd have to answer soon. "Um Deku... Iida knows I'm here sorry. Right now, he's monologuing." Uraraka radioed in. 

"Where are you?" Izuku asked. 

"In the middle of the fifth floor." She answered. 

Izuku looked up, that was directly above him. A resounding click shattered the silence and Izuku realized he'd gotten distracted. His mate had snuck up on him this time. There a little ways down the hall was Kacchan. "I'm all loaded up."

Izuku's eyes fell to the grenade gauntlet on his right side. "And what does that mean?" 

"Why aren't you attacking me yet? Don't tell me your underestimating me Deku!" Kacchan looked incensed. "Get over here and show me what you're really made of!" 

Damn, he'd have to get into it right now. Their time wasn't infinite. So, he got to his feet and met those red eyes with his glowing green. "I'm coming Kacchan, are you ready?" 

It was a tease, hoping to keep Kacchan unbalanced. But his mate was an excellent strategist and his banter was a cool counter. "Oh, I've been ready." His arm flew up and he pulled back on the handle and exposed a pin inside the grenade gauntlet. "That's right, these gauntlets aren't just for show. I've been storing up my sweat inside this for one monster blast. Think you can handle that Deku?! 

"I can handle anything you throw at me." Izuku grinned. 

"Young Bakugou no, you'll kill him." All Might's vice crackled over his mates earpiece and Kacchan tilted his head to line up his shot.

"He'll be fine!" Kacchan grinned violently. His bloodlust seemed to have been unlocked. "As long as he dodges." 

The pin was pulled, and an explosion blew from that gauntlet. Directed by the shape of it into a funnel of fire and force. Izuku felt his instincts scream at him and he twisted into a dodge. The heat burned along his right sleeve. Searing the fabric right off his skin. But otherwise he was unharmed. 

He was shocked at the size of that attack. "That's insane." 

"Ah hah, these are awesome!" Kacchan laughed from within the smoke. The floor they stood on had been gouged by the strength of the blast. The window and part of the wall had been blown out. But it wasn't the shock of how powerful the blast was. It was that Kacchan had no clue it could do that. 

"Don't use me as a test subject Kacchan!" Izuku snapped. "Stupid Kacchan! 

"Then come on and give me everything you've got!" His mate brandished his arms and the left one made that same loaded click. "You're not scared are you Deku?! "

"No, honestly this is the most turned on I've ever been." Izuku said honestly. If he wasn't focusing on the plan in the back of his mind he's pretty sure he could cut diamonds with the erection he'd be sporting. 

"You dodged that Deku. Can you still fight." Raw lust was in those crimson eyes. Izuku thought perhaps he'd surprised his mate. 

"What's the situation?" Izuku suddenly asked into his comm. His mate gaped at him in shock. He knew it was simultaneously the best and worst thing he could have done. 

"Are you ignoring me?!" The incredulous tone made Izuku wince. As if he could really pay attention to anything other than the way Kacchan looked. The way his passion and energy was taking up the whole room. Izuku would never forget the way his mate looked in this moment. 

"Bakugou if you use that attack one more time I will stop the fight and your team will lose." All Might's tone from Kacchan's earpiece signaled the start of Kacchan arguing. 

Izuku took that moment to look around and amend the plan. He spoke quickly with Uraraka and directed her behind a pillar he was certain was load bearing. He was going to have to use One For All. 

"Fine we'll fight hand to hand then!" Kacchan's sudden yell drew Izuku back into the fight. He saw his mate running in low. He lifted his fists to counter. 

But Kacchan dropped his left hand and used an explosion to jump right over Izuku's head. The smoke rushed over his face obscuring his vision. Izuku lifted a hand to store it away and stumbled a step. 

"Here it comes nerd. That favorite right hook you were talking about!" Kacchan dug his fist into Izuku's back the force rocketed Izuku off his feet. He coughed out a breath in pain. But before he could be blasted away by the explosion he was expecting... Kacchan grabbed his right arm. 

He was hurled clean over his mate's head in a mirror of the judo throw he'd used earlier. Dazzled as much as he was smarting from the attack Izuku stared up at Kacchan in wonder. "Don't you dare look the fuck away!" 

'How could I ever, you're so stunning?' 

He knew they were closing in on the end of the time limit. He couldn't drag it out anymore. He whipped to his knees and vaulted to the wall of the open hall they were in. His body transformed into the full werewolf shape. He clenched his fists and his ears flicked back as they looked at one another.

This would be his last chance. Either he could complete the new plan. Or Kacchan would take him out first. Either way this was going to be the last engagement of the fight. "Kacchan! You're really amazing!" 

"Then come at me!" Kacchan screamed back. They were running then. Blitzing into a final strike. Izuku felt the electrical rush of One For All in his right arm. His other flew up as his mate shoved an open palm with a massive explosion wreathing his fingers. 

Izuku planted his non powered up palm in his mates exploding hand. Effectively redirecting the explosion to concentrate on his hand and arm. Burning up his shoulder and singeing fur clean off his skin. But instead of striking his mate right in the face with his other fist, he angled it into an uppercut. 

'SMASH!' 

The force of the 100% smash hit the ceiling and punched a hole through every floor through to the top.  His eyes were all for Kacchan though. The look of astonishment was what he'd wanted. He'd finally caught up. 

"Got it!" Uraraka's voice rang through the hole as much as it did in Izuku's ear. 

"You planned this... Right from the very beginning." Kacchan's voice was wavering. "Did you play me the whole time?" 

"I wasn't...going to use...that strike." Izuku let his shaking broken arm fall to his side. Trembling just as bad as his burned one. His long muzzle curled with distaste. "My body can't handle the strain. Not even if I push my healing. If I can't handle using it I could kill you with it. Sorry" 

Izuku felt his werewolf body transform back. He lost his footing and after hearing two loud metallic sounds he was in Kacchan's arms. His mate looked down at him with an anguished expression. "Was it a good fight?" 

His mate chocked on air for a moment and Izuku frowned. "It was great." His mate sputtered wetly, and he looked over Izuku's burned and broken body. "You fucking had me asshole." 

"Love you..." Izuku mumbled as his vision started to spot with exhaustion. He lifted a shaking hand to his lips and pulled his mouth guard off his teeth. 

"Love you too." Kacchan breathed as he pressed their lips together. It was slow and soft. Unhurried, it was a promise for later. It was of course after that that Izuku passed out. 

 


 

Never had Katsuki felt so inadequate and worthless. He looked down at the sight of his boyfriend in his arms. The burns were too much, he'd been so high on fighting all out with him he hadn't thought Izuku would plant his hand right into an explosion.

The fingers of his left hand were scorched, burned black, all the way up to the shoulders. His partner looked wrecked, and not even in a good way. He'd caused that. His partner's pain was on him.

Saying he was going to destroy Deku was one thing, but this...this was too much. All Might appeared from one of the halls he'd destroyed with his gauntlet blast. A robot followed through as well carrying a stretcher.

Katsuki picked Deku up and settled him onto the stretcher. As it wheeled Deku away, Katsuki stated to hyperventilate. He'd lost, he'd hurt his boyfriend trying to win, really hurt him. A heavy hand landed on his shoulder and startled him out of the downward spiral he was about to fall through.

"Young Bakugou cool your jets. Let's go review your work. Whether you've won or lost there's always something you can take away from this. If you are open to learning." All Might said gently. Katsuki nodded and re-locked his arms into his gauntlets and followed the hero to the observation room.

The class praised Glasses for staying entirely on task. Something Katsuki would have done if he hadn't let Round Face get past him. He'd given all of his focus to Deku when he could really have fought both of them until the time limit ran out. 

This was brought up and discussed by the class and they were right. As well as about his wanton destruction. 

The exercise moved on and he watched each of the others complete their objectives one way or another. Then he saw the work done by the ice kid's quirk. It froze the whole building and froze the villains where they stood. If he'd gotten assigned to go against that bastard; Katsuki wouldn't have stood a chance. 

Katsuki gripped his fists in pure self-turned rage. What the fuck was he doing?!

 


 

"That's a wrap. Super work. You've really stepped up to the plate." Toshinori flashed his thumbs up at the gathered class. His lungs and heart protested the length of time he'd put into maintaining his transformation. "There were no major injuries excluding Midoriya. You should all be proud. Excellent first day of training all around."

"It's nice to hear some encouraging words after our homeroom class yesterday. Aizawa Sensei was kind of a buzz kill." Asui said to the gathered agreement of the class. He was glad to validate their good work.

"I'm honored to bring such staggering positivity to my Alma mater!" He laughed. "But that's all for now class. I should go check on Midoriya's progress. Now watch how a pro hero makes an exit. Like he has somewhere to be!"

Toshinori ran with super speed out of the training complex and into the faculty hallway. His muscle form fell away and he cursed as fatigue set into his smaller body. He couldn't even teach a class now. As much as his body was changing his time limit wasn't.

Shit. 

He looked to his hands where they had fallen out of his gloves. Claws tipped each one. So, there was that. He had to keep this as much a secret as everything else. For Midoriya. 

He got moving, it didn't change his responsibilities any. He made it to the infirmary where Recovery Girl was leaving a curtained bed side. "It's the second day of school and he's already a patient. Why didn't you stop him All Might?"

He lifted one hand to automatically apologize when she glared and climbed onto her desk seat. "It's no use apologizing to me. He's too exhausted for my quirk. His own is trying it's best though. I gave him some IV fluids to boost his regeneration."

She gathered her papers while he checked on the young werewolf. The beast in his chest was worried. But it was studious in the back of his mind that a fight between the alphas was between the alphas. Though that hadn't been prevalent during the exercise. 

"I know you passed your quirk onto him, but you don't have to spoil him." Recovery Girl admonished. "I also know he passed his to you. I hope that's not getting in the way. "

No, the wolf in him recognized he was a teacher. That they needed to impart his knowledge even to their alphas. It was only after this class or when he was alone that his wolf urged him to seek out his alpha, go running, be a pack animal. Or if he went out to fight crime he felt the urge to fight more deeply than ever.

 "I'm trying very hard not to play favorites. He's not pushing any influence on me either. Today I just wanted him to experience that he could win if he tried. And he did try." Toshinori smiled with pride. "And could you not talk about this where someone can hear?!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Mr. natural born hero, Mr. Symbol of Peace." Recovery Girl's sass was thick when she waved a hand dismissively. 

"Only a few people know about this form and my injury. The faculty, some pro heroes, Midoriya, and my medical team. But a much smaller group know about One For All. You, the principal, a close friend, and Midoriya. No one else knows about my powers." Toshinori knew what was at stake. Medical professionals like Recovery Girl often cared little for much over the health of a patient.

"You're the number one hero. Does it really matter if people knew you were given both your quirks?" She asked. She was so sweet, she still believed in the goodness of the many. He didn't have that luxury with his secrets. "Is it that important to keep it a secret?"

"The temptation of getting One For All or the Werewolf quirk is too great. The ones who wield One For All are protectors of humanity. The people who know about the werewolf quirk are now in charge of keeping it from spreading like a virus. Even that villain knew that." Toshinori had spoken at length with Dr. Mitsu about Lycan. That the villain killed a great many people to keep his quirk from getting out. "Part of keeping humanity safe is keeping these quirks a secret. They're too dangerous in the wrong hands otherwise."

"If that's the case it's even more important to be a good guide." She said softly.

"You're right." Toshinori looked at the bed where his protégé was sleeping. He needed to guide Midoriya and Bakugou as well as the other students on the right path.

 


 

Izuku woke up with the feeling of his healing ability re-knitting skin, muscle, and bone back together. Large wounds like he had were painful to heal. He sat up and Recovery Girl came to him with a smile. She kissed his forehead and the whole process sped up until he was totally healed. 

It was awkward but relieving. 

He left with a candy in hand and made his way to the locker room to get changed. As he walked back to class he noticed it was late afternoon. He'd missed the rest of the classes. That was regrettable but the only thing on his mind was getting to Kacchan. 

He entered the class and was immediately bombarded. "Hey it's Midoriya. Good to see you back." The red-haired boy, Kirishima greeted. "I don't know what you were saying to Bakugou during the fight, but you were all fired up! I'm Kirishima Eijirou!" 

"Yeah I can't believe you held your own against Bakugou for so long. He's super strong." Said the boy with the tape quirk, Sero? "I'm Sero Hanta!" 

"You did a really good job dodging!" the pink girl exclaimed. "I really liked it, I'm Ashido Mina!" 

"You really turned it up in the first match. So, none of us held back in our own matches!" A larger more muscular boy said. "I'm Sato."

Then the short boy with the balls on his head jumped up between them all. "My names Mineta!"

Izuku was a bit embarrassed. He smiled shyly and started to properly introduce himself. This was the first time they had all really spoken to reach other. He was glad to have given a good impression. "Hey Deku! You're all healed?!"

He turned to see Uraraka there. He smiled at his partner "Yeah, good job getting us that win."

"I couldn't have done it without you. " She smiled and sat down her large stack of books.

"Hey uh, where's Kacchan?"

"Oh, I tried to get him to wait. But he looked really upset." She signed, "I don't think he liked how injured you got. He left to go home."

Izuku didn't wait. He grabbed his bag and said a hasty goodbye to his class. His instincts were appeased by how well he and Kacchan fought each other. Their pack would be strong under their combined hands. His human mind was also impressed with how strong Kacchan was. He was going to be an amazing hero. 

But his instincts were demanding something else now. He needed to finish what he'd started. They'd waited so long for him to be ready. Now he wanted nothing more than to finish bonding with his mate. 

He ran out of the school's front doors and there on the long walkway to the gates was Kacchan. He had a despondent slouch to his walk. That wasn't right, where was the arrogant swagger? His mate should never be truly upset.

"Kacchan!" He yelled as he sprinted to close the distance between them. "Were you going to leave this unfinished?"

"Deku..." His mate stiffened as he stopped walking. He wouldn't turn around. Izuku bit his lip, it was too much. If he was going to go forward there couldn't be any more lies.

"I have to tell you what's been going on with me. If... If we go forward like I want, like you've been waiting for. I can't keep lying to you."

"Lying?" Kacchan’s voice bit out. "So, you were lying. "

"I haven't said anything. But what I can do with that super strength. I got that from Yagi-san. He entrusted it to me. "

"That scraggly wolf you turned?" Kacchan asked as he clenched his fist.

"Yeah, I don't have any control over it though." Izuku admitted. "The strain is too much for my body. I break bones using it. And it's so powerful, I could kill someone with it. It's dangerous, and I used it in our fight because it was the only way to win. I'm sorry."

He never wanted that someone to be Kacchan. 

"Don't you ever fucking lie to me again!" Kacchan snarled and turned to him. Tears were in his mates eyes. What?! Kacchan never cried. "I came here to be a hero. I came in first in the entrance exams! And I couldn't even keep from hurting the most important person in the world to me! It's not enough! I'm not enough!" 

Izuku stepped forward but froze as his mate shook violently. "Kacchan-" 

"I even agreed with what they were saying about me. I shouldn't have used my gauntlet to create that explosion. It risked the objective. And that ice bastard, I realized I couldn't beat him in a head to head fight!" Kacchan was shaken, his confident air had taken a hit. Izuku had never seen him like this. Even when he'd confessed he hadn't even looked this rocked. "I should never have hit you with that last explosion. How can I call myself your mate with pride if I burn you like that?! I'm so stupid!"

Izuku ran forward but his boyfriend grabbed his own head and bent over. "Dammit, dammit, dammit! I swear I'm gonna end up the number one hero no matter what! And I'll prove to everyone that I deserve you! "

Izuku snatched his mate into his grasp. Those quaking arms wrapped around him and held on like Izuku was the only lifeline in a sea. And it was. A sea of turbulent emotions brought forth by a shaken confidence. He pressed his mouth to his mates neck, feeling the crazed heartbeat there.  "Kacchan, I've never been more sure in my life that you'll do all of that. And I'll fight you for it. Today I knew what I wanted more than any of these past eleven months together. I want to bond us together."

"You sure?" Kacchan hiccupped into his shoulder. 

"There you are! Bakugou!" All Might's voice cut into anything Izuku could have said. "I found you!" 

They stepped apart and All Might cupped Kacchan shoulders right as he appeared. "Just so you know. Pride is an important attribute to have. And while you have the abilities of a pro hero, there's still plenty to learn."

"Let me go All Might" Kacchan looked at Izuku in a panic. 

"I think he wants to comfort you." Izuku explained. At least that's the vibe he got from his wolf side. 

"You know what?! I'll be more famous than you and I'll do it all without your help!" Kacchan suddenly exploded and whipped out of All Might's grasp. 

"He means he's going to do better so don't worry about him." Izuku translated to his suddenly forlorn looking hero. All Might blinked at him before relaxing. 

"Midoriya, what was it you were talking about with Bakugou before I got here?" All Might asked. 

Izuku felt his face flame with humiliation. He was pretty much confirming he was ready to have sex with his mate. How was he supposed to admit that out loud?! 

"Deku! Are you fucking coming or what?!" His mate yelled from where he'd started walking 

"Sorry All Might I have to go!" Izuku sighed with relief at the easy out. He trotted over to Kacchan and laced their fingers together. "So Kacchan. Your house or mine?”

"Deku you can't just spring that shit on me!" Kacchan was blushing. "Fuck! "

*

Notes:

The next chapter is going to be smutty. I'll tag accordingly after I finish editing.

Chapter 13: Bonded Pair

Summary:

Alright here it is. Izuku finally bonds with Katsuki.

Notes:

Ok I'm posting this early 7/26/18 because my son has a procedure to do today where they have to sedate him. He's only one and I need to be able to focus for it.

But here is horribly intimate smut. :3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku texted his mother to confirm that she was at work. Apparently she were pulling an all nighter so she could be free for the full moon three days from now. That was good, All Might would make his first full moon transformation at Izuku's apartment. If they needed to run, Kacchan would take them to the beach. But more than likely All Might would want to hide his first moon.

It's what Izuku had wanted. 

Kacchan had insisted on being there every moon since he'd barged in that first time. Looking at said boyfriend only solidified the anticipation bubbling in Izuku's stomach. He pocketed his phone as they climbed onto the train.

"My mom is working late." Izuku stated and his mate gripped his hand tighter. That had worked in his favor. 

"You're sure?" Kacchan asked. Izuku could already see his mate's cocky attitude returning. That's how Izuku preferred Kacchan; proud, strong, and sure of himself. 

"I'm so sure," Izuku felt a wicked thought enter his mind. "I want nothing more right now than to have you all over me."

Kacchan glared at him and slung his arm around Izuku's neck. "You think you're funny nerd?" He growled in Izuku's ear. "Because I'm going to chase you back to your house. And then I'm going to fuck you until the only think you can say is my name."

Izuku felt goosebumps break out all along his body. He clenched his fingers into his pants and huffed out a breath. Unfair. The train rumbled along while his mate just looked satisfied. 

They reached their stop and once out of the station entirely Kacchan stopped. "You heard me Deku, get running. If I catch you before we get to your place. I'll strip you in the street."

"Ah Kacchan! We'll get arrested!" Izuku gasped even as his face flamed.

"Then you'd better not let me catch you then." Kacchan had that look on his face. The face of pure malicious intent. He really would strip Izuku down in the street! Izuku was worried enough that if they started they wouldn't stop.

He absolutely couldn't let that happen. So, he turned and sprinted off. He ran as fast as he could to put some distance between him and his dangerously sexy mate. The idea of being chased heated Izuku's blood to an aroused boiling. Knowing he was the prey this time. 

He made enough progress to get him to the street that held his apartment complex and led down to Kacchan's house. He looked back to see Kacchan had almost caught up. Renewing his attempt to get to his apartment he made it up two floors before his blazer was grabbed. 

Kacchan was on him in an instant. The rush of the chase, and the promise of what was to come had Izuku clawing his fingers into his boyfriend's hair. His mate dragged him closer. One hand on his hip the other at his neck.

Tongues lashed from one mouth to the other. Izuku let out an entirely inappropriate moan. Kacchan groaned and broke their lips apart to bite at his ear. His tongue slid over the bitten sting and Izuku shuddered. 

He grabbed handfuls of his mate's blazer to drag him closer but managed to pull him away. He knew his eyes were glowing and his teeth were sharp. "Kacchan, my keys are in my pocket. I need you to get them and run to the door. If you don't we really will do this here. And I don't want an audience."

"Shit." Kacchan stepped forward while Izuku placed his hands on his own head. The key was fished out of his pocket and he growled when that hand brushed perilously close to his erection. "Fucking dammit Deku!"

"Kacchan, if you don't get going I'm going to put you on this stairwell floor. Do you understand?" Izuku heard his voice deepen and the hot look they shared was enough. Kacchan took off up the stairs, his angry voice cursing all the way. The moment Izuku heard a door open above he started after his mate. The scent of nitroglycerin and embers lingered. So close to using a quirk without actually doing so.

He shoved out of the stairwell onto the walkway to his apartment and there Kacchan stood. The door was open, and all he had to do was get there. Izuku took one step after another until he reached the door in a haze and reached out. His finger's tangled in the hair at Kacchan's nape. He stepped inside and his mate closed the door. Izuku found himself pushed back on the door. One of Kacchan's knees between his. A thigh pressed up and rubbed against his cock.

"Kacchan-" Izuku choked out. 

"Not this time, from now on when we get into this. You'll call me Katsuki." Kacchan breathed against his mouth as their bodies drew closer. Izuku dragged his hands down Ka-Katsuki's side. "Can you do that...Izuku?"

"Oh," Izuku felt a rush of pure unadulterated want for his mate. All the blood fled his brain and limbs heading right to his cock. "I-I can do that."

"Say it." Katsuki demanded before trailing his mouth across Izuku's jaw. His teeth nipped at Izuku's cheek. "Say my name for real Izuku."

"Katsuki." Izuku breathed, it was the single most sexy thing he'd ever said. And it was just his mate's name. 

"That's right." And they were locked once more at the lips. Hot need burned under Izuku's skin. He had to get his clothes off. He was wearing too much, so he moved and toed his shoes off. Once they were gone he rolled his hips along that thigh pressed against him. It dragged a needy sound from Katsuki. 

Izuku shucked his backpack to the floor past the entryway and saw Katsuki's was already there. He pushed Katsuki back a fraction and turned them. He just needed to get them to his room. He just needed to get there, and everything would be fine.

They stumbled into walls. Izuku did his best to direct them but his attention was on worrying Katsuki's lip between his teeth and sucking that devilish tongue deep into his mouth. They bumbled into his room and Katsuki closed it. The lock sliding in place.

After that it was a struggle to get blazers and ties off. They broke apart when Katsuki cursed. Izuku took the opportunity to start unbuttoning his shit. He really didn't want to tear buttons in his haste and have to explain that later.

He looked up and Katsuki had finished first. The shirt hung open over his chest and abs. "Ka-Katsuki."

"Get the fuck over here." Katsuki growled. Izuku was helpless to do anything but comply. He pressed his hands against those hard abs. The breath his mate sucked in was sharp. But he stayed still. This was the first time he'd touched Katsuki anywhere close to naked since they were small children and took baths together. His skin was hot to the touch.

Izuku swept his hands up and over his mate's collar, he pushed the shirt off and it fell to the floor. Katsuki rolled his shoulders once. Izuku closed his eyes as his boyfriend returned the favor. Those dangerous but beautiful hands ran down the growing abs on his stomach and up over his broadening chest. 

"Izuku-, " Katsuki said. Izuku opened his eyes and was suddenly swept up. He shucked his shirt off and was tossed onto the bed. Izuku swallowed his groan as Katsuki crawled up his body. "Let's talk about what bonding means for you Izuku."

Katsuki nipped his ear and ran his tongue down his neck. Izuku sucked in a breath. "I-I talked to Dr. Mitsu when I started to feel like that's what I wanted with you. After we stated dating."

"Uh huh, get to it." Katsuki rumbled as he smoothed both hands down his sides. Izuku arched as one of his nipples was bitten hard. The moan that tore out of him was debauched.

"H-He said it would be best if done outside of the full moon. To avoid a turning. I only feel the gland and it only secretes the werewolf virus on the full moon and only when I'm transformed. This would be a physical mark I'll leave on you. And you leave one on me. That will tell my wolf side your mine and I'm yours."

"Forever?" Katsuki asked.

"Forever." Izuku breathed.

"Do you want to bite me now?" Katsuki looked at him. Izuku took that moment to wiggle up the bed some. He reached to his desk and tugged the bottom drawer open. He set the first aid kit down on the floor and pulled his bottle of lube out. 

"You've thought this through." Katsuki dead panned at him. Izuku giggled.

"I've thought about it every day since I realized what you being my mate meant. There's a few nights I've had to do something about it." Izuku admitted even as his face flamed. "In every version of this I've imagined I've seen me biting you with you inside me. "

Katsuki sucked in a breath from where he stood on his knees on the bed. He smirked at Katsuki. "I took a shower after I got healed up."

The sharp look he got was a huge tease. "Fucking planned it all didn't you, you shitty Deku?"

"Yup," Izuku grinned unrepentant. He shifted his legs to either side of Katsuki and rose up to press his lips to the center of his collar bone. "I want to cum on you, and I want you to cum on me. I want to get your scent into my skin. Can you do that Katsuki? "

"You devious little bastard." Katsuki snarled. "When I'm done painting you up, you'd better be fucking ready. I'm going to fuck you through the bed to the floor."

Izuku groaned at the thought. Katsuki reached down and with practiced hands he unbuckled Izuku belt and pants. He pulled them off and hurled them to the floor. "You have no damn idea what you do to me do you?"

"Katsuki." Izuku felt his teeth sharpen.

 "I'm gonna fucking show you." Katsuki hissed and dragged Izuku's boxers down and threw them off somewhere into the room. Before Izuku could say anything or get self-conscious of his body, Katsuki rolled to his side between Izuku's legs and settled his hand on Izuku's hip. He moaned at the touch of that warm hand on his cock.

It was then Katsuki swallowed him whole. The hot wet feeling of Katsuki's mouth tore a ragged cry from Izuku's throat. A tongue swept from the base of his erection and dragged up to the tip. It rolled around the head and drew away. Izuku let out a breath and looked up dazedly at his mate.

Izuku watched him get up and reached out. He knew his eyes were glowing, but he snatched at his mate's belt. He shoved pants and underwear down to Katsuki's knees. He didn't waste any time, he needed to taste the scent of his mate's arousal. He licked the head of Katsuki's cock. 

Katsuki let out an agonized sound and his hands threaded into Izuku's hair. A groan pulled pleasantly from Izuku's throat. He wrangled his teeth back to normal and wrapped his lips around the heavy cock on his tongue. He tasted sweet and even a bit hot. Izuku pulled back to avoid choking and his mouth burned a little from his over excited senses. Katsuki only let him go down on him twice more before he stepped back to kick his pants off.

They were an awkward tangle of limbs and Katsuki's cursing until he ended up where he wanted to be. Right on Katsuki's lap. He nosed into his mate's hair while he ran his fingers down his chest. Katsuki's hands slid to his back and ran down. He pressed his thumbs into Izuku's hips and then grabbed handfuls of his buttocks.

With a sharp pull Izuku ended up plastered to Katsuki's body. Their erections rubbing flush together. Izuku moaned and Katsuki grunted before he chuckled. "You'd better reach for that lube, Izuku."

Izuku looked down at his mates flushed face. He grabbed for the bottle and leaned back to allow one of his hands to wrap around their cocks. His mate watched the lube pour over them and wrapped one hand around Izuku's over their erections.

Flicking the cap closed Izuku experimentally thrust his hips. The slick slide warmed the liquid on them, and it ran electricity right up Izuku's spine. He looped his free arm around Katsuki's neck and searched out his mouth.

They shared a hot open-mouthed kiss that was more a feeding of mouths. Izuku hollowed his palm and laced fingers with Katsuki. His claws pressed to Katsuki's hand rather than their hardened cocks. "Izuku..." Katsuki growled against his mouth. Izuku felt weak.

This was finally happening. Their hand's moved over their joined erections. It was close, intimate. The most they'd ever been. With a small bit of maneuvering Izuku started moving his hips in time to the way they moved their entwined hands. He leaned his head back from their never ceasing battle of tongues. "Your beautiful... -Zuku ..." Katsuki rumbled as he pressed his mouth to Izuku's neck. "So, fucking...sexy." 

"Ka-...Katsuki." Izuku panted. His eyes squinted with the rolling electric pleasure. It sparked like his mate's hands every time their palms came together and squeezed both cock heads. Their fingers were the right amount of pressure. And when Izuku thrust up Katsuki's cock against his was hot, hard, and heavy.

"I'm gonna cum Izuku." Katsuki breathed.

"Ah!" Izuku moaned and pressed their foreheads together. He looked into those hazy red eyes and knew he was so in love he'd howl at the moon for his mate.

He came hard, and it was so much better than when he did it alone. Fantasy Kacchan had nothing on real Katsuki. The hot surge of his orgasm sent heady endorphins through his whole body. He watched his mate's eye lids contort before Katsuki grunted and came as well. 

Izuku lifted their joined hands up and inhaled. It was the most base scent of them he could get. Peppered with the scent of sweat on each of them he untangled his fingers. Izuku pressed his hand flat across his mate's chest and ran it down his abs. Massaging the combined spunk into his skin. 

"That's fucking gross Izuku." Katsuki growled.

"It's what I need." Izuku breathed against his mate's mouth.

"Fuck, fine." Katsuki ran his wet hand down Izuku's chest and stomach as well. The scent went straight to his head. It spoke of everything Katsuki was, everything Izuku was. And put it together.

Izuku growled and leaned down. His instincts demanded he push forward. He edged back and licked his fingers instead. "Shit," Katsuki had wide eyes pointed at him.

Izuku smiled and lifted Katsuki's hand. He licked a few of his fingers into his mouth and nipped them. Katsuki moved swiftly and Izuku found himself on his back with Katsuki sliding down his body skin to skin. It raked his nerves alive and Izuku gasped.

 


 

Katsuki looked down at his boyfriend sprawled on the bed. He looked down at glowing eyes and teeth rapidly sharpening. He was fucking perfect. Everything he'd thought De- no Izuku would be. And it was about to be so much more.

The first time he did this outside of his head. The first time he put what he researched and fantasized about into practice. He leaned to the side and grabbed for the lube Izuku had discarded. He poured it over his fingers and leaned down to press a kiss to Izuku's raised knee. 

The shape inhale was what he was waiting for. He spread Izuku's legs further. "I'm going to watch you Izuku. So, you'd better be paying attention."

"How can I focus on anything else?" Izuku sassed shakily. As revenge for that Katsuki pressed his cold fingers to Izuku's hole. He pressed his thumb up beneath Izuku's balls. "S-Sorry."

"Uh huh, I don't think you meant that." Katsuki glared and without much preamble sank one finger past the tight rim and felt the soft heat of Izuku's ass. Heat radiated through Katsuki. He watched as Izuku hissed and writhed. God he wanted him so bad. 

"Have you done this before?" Katsuki asked. "Laid in bed thinking of me?"

"All...the time." Izuku breathed as Katsuki crooked his finger and slowly pulled it out only to rotate his hand and sink it back in. A soft moan passed into the air.

"Do you finger yourself open wishing it was me?" Katsuki asked and smiled wickedly when Izuku flushed. It traveled down his neck and onto his chest. "You do."

Katsuki smirked and looked him over. He was fucking sexy like this. Hair all fucked up, blushing all over. Their fucking mess turning into a flaky disaster on his abdomen. Katsuki didn't know what Izuku's instincts demanded of him. Or why this was that important. But he do whatever he wanted. 

If Katsuki could be with Izuku the rest of their lives and have this too. He do anything the werewolf wanted. "The next time you think about it, you're going to have to call me. So, I can listen to every shitty noise you make."

Izuku groaned and looked up at him with wide eyes. He was so fucking perfect. "Yeah, then I can describe everything I've wanted to do to you for years."

"Y-Years?" Izuku stuttered. Katsuki decided if he could still talk he was taking it too easy on the nerd. So, he pulled his finger out and returned with two. Izuku gasped. His claw's started digging into the mattress.

Katsuki may have lost credibility with himself earlier. But looking down at Izuku while he crooked his fingers and pressed on the bundle of nerves he'd finally found; it renewed his confidence. "Katsuki," Izuku panted fast and hard. The nerd's dick was fully hard and leaking again.

Katsuki had to admit it was a great fucking sight to behold. His own cock was fully invested again. He grinned and added a third finger. He was going to crawl so fucking deep into that ass, Izuku would think of nothing else for a week. 

"Katsuki... Katsuki I can't... I need you," Izuku begged his glowing eyes were glazed. He supposed relentlessly pressing on the nerds prostate had been a bit much. He drilled his fingers once more. And Izuku shuddered, "Please, please Katsuki."

"Yeah, I hear you." Katsuki pulled his fingers free and Izuku whimpered. The wild canine noise speared Katsuki right in his dick. Like his damn appendage was telling him to move his ass.

He would honestly deny the debauched sound he made when he lubed his cock up and a clawed hand grabbed hold of him. He looked up at Izuku who was rapidly losing human patience. His teeth were longer, sharper. Izuku had never looked sexier.

"Now."

The demand and authority in that tone sent chill's up Katsuki's back. He crawled up Izuku's body and felt those claws slide up his back and drag him down for a kiss. Tasting a bit of musk on the tongue of his boyfriend was unnecessarily arousing

Katsuki slipped his hands beneath Izuku's knees and pushed them up. Sliding Izuku's spread open hole up his cock. Their twin moans served to fog Katsuki's mind. Nothing mattered but this. He shifted his hips back and the head of his cock caught on the rim of Izuku's slippery entrance. He watched as he pushed inside.

It was mesmerizing watching himself disappear into the tight heat that pretty much sucked him in. It stole his breath away. He looked up as soon as his balls were flush to Izuku's ass. Sweat gathered all across his body and he told his heart to stay calm. He did not want to ignite himself or Izuku because he couldn't keep his shit together. 

"Katsuki." Izuku gasped. Tears rolled down his cheeks and Katsuki swallowed thickly. He looked fucking amazing. He was flushed and panting, fangs peeking from that parted mouth. Katsuki wanted to lick into it and never leave. 

"Alright?"

"It's just...you feel so good. It's like everything is right. Like I was missing something and now I have it." Izuku sobbed. "It's so perfect."

 "Yeah," Katsuki nodded and shifted his hips to gauge if Izuku was in pain or not. The werewolf moaned through the tears instead. "Yeah it is. "

Katsuki leaned forward slipping one thigh up his elbow and letting the other go. He braced his occupied arm on the bed and lifted his other hand to run his fingers over Izuku's jaw and draw him into a kiss. "I'm gonna move"

"Yes," Izuku breathed into his mouth and gasped. Katsuki rolled his hips into a deep thrust. He saw stars behind his eye lids. The tight feeling was paired with so much slippery softness. His voice raised with each squeeze of his cock. Izuku's moans were music, the best music that he'd ever heard. That voice would chase his dreams for months. 

The wet slap of flesh drove Katsuki insane. He couldn't get close enough. Izuku's claws dragged down his back as he cried out. Katsuki swallowed that cry and reached down to stroke Izuku to orgasm. "Cum for me Izuku, paint my skin with it."

Izuku shouted and arched his back. Hot spurts of cum splattered between their chests. Izuku leaned forward and pressed sharp teeth to the junction between Katsuki's shoulder and neck. He bit down and the pain was so sharp it shot straight past the coiling pressure building in him. And dragged his orgasm out of him. Katsuki roared with it. 

Those teeth were still set in his skin, and Katsuki remembered he was supposed to do it too. He tipped his head forward and bit down on Izuku's neck and shoulder. He realized this was not the scared side. And that filled him with a possessive delight. This was his mark on Izuku. 

Izuku was his! 

His teeth kept pressing down until the skin split and he tasted blood. An almost purr came from Izuku and he pulled back. Before Katsuki could lever himself up Izuku drew him down to a kiss. Their bloody lips met, and something clicked in Katsuki's brain. 

It felt like he was seeing colors sharper. Hearing better, he could taste the forest in Izuku's mouth. He pulled back and gasped.  "I'm not - "

"No, "Izuku smiled. "No, the study said Lycan was a normal guy with a mate before she died during a hero fight. He said she gained super senses but none of the drawbacks."

"This..." Katsuki breathed. 

"You won't gain my instincts or powers, but this is how I see the world." Izuku smiled. "Now you're mine, and I'm yours." 

Katsuki kissed Izuku and his werewolf wrapped his arms around him. "I love you Katsuki." 

 "Love you too Izuku. " Katsuki breathed. 

*

Notes:

I think after this soft mushy smut, I'm going to have to get progressively dirtier. I kept wanting to write a dirty talking Izuku. Scandalous. O.O

Chapter 14: Yeah, Just Do Your Best Iida!

Summary:

A class president is chosen, and the class gets ready for rescue training.

Notes:

Thank you for the comments everyone. My son did very well during his procedure. He was very clingy afterword. But your concern and we'll wishes were very heart warming so thank you very much.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku stirred from sleep and shifted, feeling an arm wrapped around his waist. His skin felt tacky from sweat and other things dried to his stomach, chest, and thighs. He needed a shower, but as he inhaled the air he breathed in the combined scents of Kacchan and himself.

He looked at the time and realized they'd only been asleep for perhaps a half hour. He rolled over and saw Kacchan stir at the movement. "The fuck Deku?" He mumbled.

"Time to get up Kacchan." Izuku grinned. His body was already healed from what soreness he might have had otherwise. And as he reached up to touch, his shoulder was scabbed up with no pain or tenderness. It would flake off even he got cleaned up. "We gotta get cleaned up. "

"Fuck that." Kacchan dragged him closer and nuzzled into his pillows. Izuku sighed. He transformed into his large form and shot to his feet. His tail swished as he hauled Kacchan up to his shoulder.

"Deku!" 

"Your parents are going to be expecting you for dinner we didn't plan for you to stay over." Izuku rumbled deeply. He twisted the doorknob releasing the lock. He bent down to get past and lumbered to the bathroom. Once Kacchan was inside Izuku transformed back. There, mate delivered.

They worked in silence getting showered and into the bath. It was the first one since they had been like six years old. Izuku found himself gently prodding the mottled bite mark on Kacchan's shoulder. It was red still split open and bruising around the edges. Fierce possessive heat speared Izuku and he kissed Kacchan rather forcefully.

"The fuck was that Deku?!" Kacchan sputtered, he sounded mad, but other parts of him were quite happy about the proceedings. 

"Just glad to see you're mine." Izuku smiled. Then he removed himself from the bath lest he do something more. Kacchan was human, he had a recovery time much longer than Izuku's. He rolled his shoulders and wrapped a towel around himself. He reached out to help Kacchan out. As his mate got to his feet in the bath he reached out his right arm. It was apparently too high up and his arm seized.

"Shit!" Kacchan snarled and grabbed the wall for support. Izuku wanted to rush forward but refrained. Kacchan would not appreciate coddling.

"The gauntlet hurt you more than you thought?" Izuku asked instead. Sex and his bite probably didn't help it any. 

"It was a bigger blast than I use normally." Kacchan growled and rotated his arm. Izuku held out a towel in place of the physical help he wanted to offer. Together they made it back into his bedroom. Izuku fished in his first aid kit and wrangled his mate down. Slathering an antibiotic on the mating mark, Izuku bound it with a square bandage.

Then he pulled a muscle cream out and rubbed that along Kacchan's sore shoulder. They dressed in silence. And Izuku mourned the loss of those abs. Another time. He walked his fully dressed mate to the door. 

"The full moon... Are you going to have the other wolf here?" Kacchan asked.

"That's the plan. Will you be alright with that?" Izuku ran his hand down his mates back.

"I said I was when we first talked about it." Kacchan scoffed. "Will I be able to feel the pack like you do? "

"I don't think so. You are human." Izuku hummed. "It's important that you are human. I'm a bit crippled by my pack instinct. With you our pack can be built with humans. And the bonds we form will be just as equal as anything I could have with other werewolves."

Kacchan frowned down at Izuku and nodded. He leaned down and pressed his mouth to Izuku's. "See you tomorrow nerd. "

"Of course, Kacchan." Izuku waved his mate off and reentered his bedroom. He hunted down his phone and made a phone call.

"Young Midoriya, hello." All Might sounded like he was in his small body. He'd probably run out of time earlier in the day.

"You asked me what I was talking about with Kacchan." Izuku stated and regretted that it had to happen, but he couldn't lie to Kacchan. "I told him that the strength that he saw, was something Yagi-san gave me."

"Midoriya." The tone bordered on disappointment. Izuku knew he went with his feelings. But he was the alpha, he'd made a decision and he needed to stand by it. "As a wolf now, you must understand I am a lot more tangled in my instincts than you are. I couldn't lie to Kacchan anymore."

"I know that you are mates, and I can...feel...that he would never betray that. So, I'll let it go this time. But you must promise me that this will never happen again. The risk is too great. If the world knew about One For All. Villains would come after you and everyone you love. Protecting humanity in this case is in keeping this a secret. Do you understand? "

"I do." Izuku nodded. "I'm sorry I broke your confidence. But he doesn't know who Yagi Toshinori really is. That's not my secret to tell. But something as big as my quirk changing that's something Kacchan would notice. I can't lie to him. And I still am, about your identity."

"Thank you. I'm sorry for putting you in this position." All Might said. Izuku clenched the phone a bit tighter.

"I accepted." 

 


 

The next morning Izuku frowned as he saw the crowd gathered in front of the gates to get into the school. He needed to make it through, but he wasn't that big a fan of journalists in this format.

He remembered the coverage his father got the week following his death. Wanting to know every dirty detail. Izuku still saw the way his father held in his organs while his mother grabbed him up with her quirk. Seeing the media now...brought all that rising back to him.

Part of him wanted to wait for Kacchan to arrive, his morning routine didn't match with Kacchan's. Their work outs were done separately. But he needed to get through the reporters.

Gritting his teeth, he started towards the gates. It was alright all he had to do was get inside. But as soon as he was within the throng of reporters he was noticed. "Hey, you, you're a student. Can you tell us what it's like to work so closely with All Might?"

Izuku threw up his hands and someone else noticed him. "Wait your that wolf kid! The one who's dad captured the villain Lycan!"

Izuku felt a cold chill sweep his back and his inner wolf felt uneasy. "A civilian no less!"

"I'm sorry I have to..." Izuku ducked forward. "Go to the nurses office... Yeah right away!"

He got into the school gates and relief edged through him. This was why he wasn't that good with the media. He knew he needed to be eventually. But he just didn't like listening to them speculate about his father. His father didn't aspire to be a hero. He didn't really follow them like everyone else did. He was a working man who just wanted to do right by his family. He was Izuku's inspiration right alongside All Might. 

Izuku felt his mating mark flare with awareness. He looked over to see the reporters had caught Kacchan as well. His teeth sharpened and he looked his mate over. He was carrying his bag on his right shoulder. Maybe he'd managed to work the muscles out this morning.

"Excuse me kid, are you in All Might's class?!" A woman reached out to grab his mate's sleeve. A growl rumbled up Izuku's chest he started forward, ready to yank his mate past the gates. "Wait a second aren't you that sludge villain kid?!"

Izuku froze and felt a wicked smirk steal over his face. What a horrible way to try and interview Kacchan. "Walk away." Kacchan snarled with a gravely growl, his temper was fraying. 

And which of them was the werewolf again?

Kacchan walked inside the gates and so did a few other students. Izuku found himself watching and waiting until his whole class made it in. Even Aizawa sensei. Then a reporter tried to take the chance to get in. Still on edge his wolf side was itching to react. Izuku reigned himself in. It was then the school's security system kicked in and the gates slammed shut with three-inch-thick steel doors.

Likewise, a steel gate ten feet high stretched behind the school walls. Izuku snorted and turned to enter the school. He knew he needed to get over his aversion to the press. To do so he would need to get used to them taking about his father.

 


 

"Decent work on yesterday's combat training." Aizawa said from behind the class podium. Izuku looked up at the teacher and winced. He hadn't done that great of a job. He'd injured himself again. "I saw the video feeds and went over your team's results.

"Bakugou you are talented. So, don't sulk like a child over your loss alright?" Aizawa looked to Kacchan. He was stern but Izuku thought maybe that was what Kacchan needed. He could unify their bond and say everything he could to cheer his boyfriend up. But a teacher might be the one Kacchan needed to help get him over the turmoil of the previous day.

"And Midoriya," Aizawa addressed Izuku and he stiffened with shame. He'd tried not to use One For All. But he'd had to meet Kacchan equally. Without it Kacchan would have won and decimated him with little effort. He needed to be better. "I saw the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm again. Work harder. And don't give me the excuse of not being able to control your quirk. It's getting old."

He was right. Izuku needed to get a grip on his new quirk. He really did. And on that note he needed to get his full moon transformations figured out too. "You can't keep breaking your body while training here. But your quirk will be really useful if you can get a handle on it. So, show some urgency huh?" 

Izuku jerked up to look at his teacher. He wasn't expecting encouragement. He knew his powers were burdening his teacher. But to hear that from Aizawa sensei. Izuku felt his heart race happily. "Right! "

"Alright then let's get down to business," Aizawa nodded as he looked across the whole class seriously. "Our first task will decide your future."

Izuku felt a pall fall over the class. A strange fear ran up Izuku back. Would it be another quirk test?

"You all need to pick a class president." Aizawa said and Izuku gaped in shock. The anticipation had sizzled in his veins to be prepared. Now it felt like ice water had been doused on him. After an that it was something totally normal?!

But it didn't last long. Every student in the room started clamoring at once with hands up volunteering to be president. It wasn't like a regular school setting. In that environment being class president just meant extra work. But here at UA, being president meant being noticed by agencies and getting the opportunity to lead a team like a real pro. 

Izuku lifted his hand a little behind his mate who was half on his desk yelling like a demon. 

"Silence everyone, please!" Iida spoke loudly to get everyone's attention. The room quieted. "The class president's duty is to lead others. That is not something just anyone can do you must first have the trust of every student in the classroom. Therefore, the most logical way to do this is democratically. We will hold an election."

Everyone expressed doubts, as they had only known each other for three days. But knowing that, it was important because anyone who got more than one vote had clearly made an impression of reliability.

Izuku smiled, it was very clear Iida wanted them to vote for him. 

"Do what you want, just decide before my nap is over." Aizawa climbed into his sleeping bag and flopped to the ground. 

 


 

It turned out Izuku got voted in with three votes. 

It was true he'd also put his hand up but now thrust into the leadership position... Izuku was shaking with nervousness. He stood at the podium with Yaoyorozu and they were announced the president and vice president.

"H-How did I get three votes?!" What if he kept treating everyone like they were in his pack?! He didn't know them well enough yet to tell. Or if they would be a good fit as friends! He looked to Kacchan pleadingly. 'Help me!'

"Alright you idiots, who voted for him?!" Kacchan answered his look by jumping up and snarling at the class.

"Well he's like a wolf right? Don't they lead packs?" Sero asked.

"You think he does that alone?!" Kacchan snapped. And he was right. Sure, they'd been pack for ten years. But their pack had been with their parents. Elders, Izuku's wolf brain recognized. Members to go to instead of to lead. All Might fell into that category for Izuku too. And Kacchan was his mate, his equal. They didn't lead each other in that sense. 

He was going to fail at this. He wasn't sure how to lead a team yet. How could this not be a mistake?!

 


 

"Guys I'm kinda worried about the class president thing." Izuku admitted to the table he was sitting at. He looked out over the cafeteria and saw his mate at another table some of the other students had congregated to. It was pleasing to see they didn't take Kacchan's acerbic attitude too seriously. Kirishima looked promising. Popping up every time Kacchan was alone. "I don't think I'm qualified."

"Sure, you are." Uraraka grinned over her rice. 

"You'll be great." Iida said as well. "Your courage and quick thinking under stress will make you a worthy leader. Not to mention the strength you demonstrated. Those are the reasons I voted for you at least." 

"You were one of the voters?!" Izuku asked. He didn't know Iida had that kind of faith in him. 

"Didn't you want to be president really badly?" Uraraka asked. That was true. "You do look the part because of the glasses." 

Izuku sighed. That wasn't how they should choose their class president. 

"Wanting a job and being suited to it are different things." Iida said as he ate. He seemed to have gotten over his initial disbelief over his loss. "Observing the Iida family's hero agency taught me that much."

"Agency?" Izuku asked at the same time Uraraka did. 

"Hold on what is it your family does?" Izuku asked next. 

"Oh, it's nothing," Iida looked away as if he'd shared too much. 

"You know there's something about you I've been wondering about." Uraraka leaned over to look at Iida. "Admit it, you're filthy rich!" 

Iida looked taken aback and blinked his eyes. "I was afraid people would treat me differently if they knew about my family." He looked at both of them uncomfortably, "You see the Iida's have been pro heroes for generations. It runs in our blood." 

"That's awesome!" Izuku gasped. That served to have loosened Iida up. And that felt intensely gratifying, to have pleased his new friend. 

"Are either of you familiar with the Turbo Hero: Ingenium?" Iida asked. 

"Oh, I know all about him!" Izuku exclaimed he had a page dedicated to him in his hero notebook. "He's a super popular pro with sixty-five sidekicks working alongside him at his Tokyo agency."

Iida planted his hands on his hips where he sat and tossed his head back proudly. "He's my elder brother!" 

"Your family is famous!" Uraraka exclaimed. 

"I can't believe it!" Izuku gasped. He knew the brother of a super popular pro!

"Ingenium is an unmatched commander who honors the hero code. As the second eldest Iida son, I strive to be just like him." Iida lauded his brother's praise. Izuku wondered if that's what it was like to just have an older brother. Someone cool to look up to like that. Izuku smiled softly. That's alright, Izuku still thought of his dad with that enthusiasm. "However, I think it might be a bit soon for me to be in a leadership position. You for example figured out what the judges were looking for in the practical exam. A class president needs that sort of insight."

"That's the first time I've seen you smile Tenya." Uraraka drew their very serious friend to look at her. "You should do it more often." 

"What are you taking about?" Iida asked perplexed. "I smile all the time." 

It dawned on Izuku; Iida wanted to be like his brother in the same way Izuku wanted to be like All Might. They were the same in that regard. Iida shouldn't be so hard on himself. Izuku was clueless in that test. "Hey so, about that practical exam -" Izuku's attempt to set the record straight was cut short as a piercing alarm sounded. His ears stated to ache immediately. "What is that?" 

"WARNING LEVEL 3 SECURITY BREACH; ALL STUDENTS PLEASE EVACUATE THE BUILDING IN AN ORDERLY FASHION!" 

"No way," Uraraka glanced around as students all over the shared cafeteria scrambled up. 

"Wait a minute!" Iida grabbed the student who had been sitting next to them but occupying the other side of their table with his own group of friends. "What is a Level 3 Security Breach?" 

"It means someone managed to get past the school's barriers" He explained. "This hasn't happened before in all my three years here. We should get going!" 

He took off and Izuku got up with his friends. They headed towards the exit but saw a massive crowd of students all clamoring and pushing to the doors in a congested mob. Izuku pulled his friends back from the mess before more students pushed past them. 

"This is a mob!" Uraraka exclaimed. 

"Everyone was quick to react. Just what I'd expect of UA students." Iida remarked. 

"Yeah, but they're causing a huge panic!" Izuku hissed as his ears were bombarded with too many sounds. Too much panic. He felt bodies push forward and shoved both of his friends to the side. He was caught in the influx of more students and was swept into the crowd. "Crap, I can't stop! "

"Oh no, Deku!" Uraraka yelled.

"Midoriya!" Iida shouted. 

 


 

There were too many people surrounding him. Too many noises and smells all crushed together. He couldn't tell what way was up. Izuku felt his inner wolf split from his consciousness. A ball of panic and terror filled him. His wolf stared to claw to the surface wrenching his control from him. 

Izuku gasped in horror as he was jostled to and from. He shoved his hands under his arms, desperate to keep his claws to himself. He whimpered and closed his eyes begging it to end before he had a full-blown panic attack and lost it. 

Memories of that slavering beast that was Lycan on the full moon filtered into his mind. Only this time it was him, and his father was fighting him. An uncontrolled, murderous monster! 

A hand closed over his shoulder and hauled him up onto a body. His head was grabbed by hands that smelled like nitroglycerin. His face was pressed into the crook of a neck and he smelled dried blood and musk. The smell of pack permeated then and Izuku looked up at his mate. 

Kacchan dragged them to the edge of the crowd by shoving and bellowing at people for not moving fast enough. They were spit out of the crowd and Izuku fell to his knees hyperventilating. Kacchan held him there murmuring that he was an idiot to get into that. To get his shit together, his usual mean comments. But his scent tasted of concern.

Izuku calmed and his control snapped back into place. His wolf which had separated from his mind fell back into submission. Exactly where he needed it to be. They needed to be one. "Thanks...Kacchan."

Izuku leaned back and looked at the crowd of people. Suddenly Iida was floating above the crowd. He used his quirk to fly very erratically to the exit sign. "What are you doing?!" Izuku yelled. 

"Listen up everyone?!" Iida shouted "It's just the media outside. There's absolutely nothing to worry about. We're fine. We're UA students! We need to remain calm and prove we're the best of the best!" 

The panic ceased immediately. The clamor died down until everyone was calm enough to begin moving normally. "Not bad Deku." Kacchan said. 

Izuku looked at his mate sharply. Had Kacchan-? He just approved of one of Izuku's pack choices! Izuku felt a smile spread his lips.

 


 

Izuku had ended up at the podium again and his nerves were back. He was still shaken by having his wolf side separate from his own consciousness so suddenly. And now he had to re-address the class. He was not cut out for this kind of leading. Not yet at least. 

"It's time class president, let's begin." Yaoyorozu said from next to him. Izuku quaked where he stood.

"A-Alright...um...ok, we need to figure out who the other class officers will be. But first there's something I want to say." Izuku sucked up his courage and nerves before he looked up at the class instead of at his shoes. "I've thought about this and I think Iida Tenya should be our class president. He was able to capture everyone's attention and get us in line. So, I believe he should be the one leading our class from now on."

"Yeah, you know what, if Midoriya vouches for him I'm good" Kirishima spoke up. "Plus, he was a big help. He manned up and took charge right?"

The class agreed and Izuku let out a breath of relief. "This is a waste of time; I don't care who the president is just hurry it up." Aizawa said from where his creepy sleeping bag was situated in the corner. Yeah there was that too, super weird. It was not good for his heart to have Aizawa sensei pop up like that without Izuku being able to sense him.

"If Midoriya is nominating me for this job then I humbly accept. I pledge to carry out the duties of class president to the best of my ability!" Iida addressed the class from his seat. Standing truly at full attention. Izuku smiled. His beta was a good one.

 


 

All Might spied the situation from above. Three pro heroes trying their best to take down a large mutant type villain holding three hostages. He dropped in and angled his hand to a chop. "MISSOURI SMASH!"

The villain went down and he gathered all the hostages up. Setting them on their feet. "I am here! Too keep you safe even on my morning commute!"

He'd gotten a call halfway through the morning to come in. He'd planned to take the morning to rest and go in for the rescue class for 1-A. But he hadn't been able to ignore the cries for help.

Another scream went up. He truly shouldn't be late, but he was already here. He'd gotten slower, his piece of One For All dying away bit by bit every day since he'd passed it on. He was pushing his limits to continue acting as the symbol of peace. 

He landed on a car and stopped its flight away from its original owner. He jumped again and gritted his teeth as his lungs and heart itched. His inner wolf agreed with his sentiments. There were more people to save. He had to keep going.

 


 

"Today's training will be a little different. You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member." Aizawa sensei was addressing the class as he shook his sleeping bag off.

"Excuse me sir?" Sero raised his hand and Izuku looked at him. "What kind of training is this? "

Aizawa held up a card much like All Might and it was painted with the word 'RESCUE' on it. "Today you'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, stuff like that."

Excitement went through the air and Izuku thought that would be a better change of pace than fighting each other would be. He wasn't confident he could keep his wolf from hurting someone. "Guys I'm not finished yet. Aizawa called them back together. "What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're all excited about costumes, but keep in mind you're not used to them yet. They might limit your abilities. Today's training will be at an off-campus facility. So, we'll be taking a bus to get there."

 


 

Izuku stood outside near the pickup spot checking his support gear. The full moon was only two days away. He placed both his teeth covers and his mouth guard on. Though it hung around his neck. After the episode he'd had during lunch he wasn't taking any chances.

He laid his gloved fingers against the scared ridges of Kacchan's mark on him. He just needed to remember the feeling of it. The rush of warmth he felt at being claimed by his mate. The pain of human teeth digging in to make it count. The pleasure of having Kacchan buried inside with his hand on Izuku's cock. The taste of Kacchan's blood, sweat and cum on his tongue. Owned, loved, wanted. That's what he'd felt.

If he focused on that. He would not lose control again. He wouldn't let himself. 

"Hey Deku, why are you wearing your P. E. uniform?" Uraraka wandered over. "Where's your costume?" 

Izuku smiled at her and turned to look at where Kacchan stood in full uniform just without the mask and without the gauntlet on his right arm. Good he was taking it easy. So Izuku decided to answer a little loudly to tease his mate. "Someone totally destroyed it. So, I got the note today that the support department took it." 

His mate's shoulders tensed, Izuku grinned slyly and Uraraka giggled watching them. "I haven't got the heart to tell my mom I only wore it once and Kacchan burned it to hell and back. All of her hard work gone like that." 

A whistle blew and Izuku growled in agony as sudden as it was. Iida stood near the bus that pulled up. "Listen up and gather in two orderly lines by student number! Then we'll load the bus accordingly!" 

 


 

Izuku sighed at Iida's dejected air once their seating arrangements went a bit awry. "This open plan really ruined my boarding strategy."

"You really need to chill." Ashido laughed next to him.

"If we are stating the obvious there's something I'd like to say." Asui said next to Izuku. He turned to look at her. She looked right back at him. "About you actually." 

"About me?" Izuku blinked in shock. She was the only other animal-based quirk user he knew of. At least one not at pro level. "What is it Asui?"

"I said to call me Tsu." She insisted looking entirely bothered.

"Oh right. "Izuku flushed. That felt horribly forward when he didn't know anything about her.

"That power of yours. Isn't it a lot like All Might's?" She asked. In the words of his mate, 'Shit!'

Izuku sputtered out of sudden fear he had given the secret away after swearing to keep it from everyone else. "W-What, really you think so? I've never really thought of it like that. I guess it's kinda similar."

"Wait hold on Tsu, you're forgetting All Might doesn't hurt himself." Kirishima cut in from the other side of Asui. What a good potential pack mate. Izuku had at least come off really out of control with it. "I bet it's cool to have a mutation augmenting type quirk. You can do a lot of flashy stuff with it. Like my hardening can be super strong and can destroy bad guys, but it doesn't look like much."

"No way, I think it's really awesome!" Izuku exclaimed. Glad for the subject change. They needed to not look closely at his abilities. "You're definitely pro hero material with a quirk like that!

"You really think so?" Kirishima asked. "Seems easier to be a pro hero if I had something flashier. Like being able to turn into a wolf. "

Izuku gushed at the praise. 

"My naval laser has the perfect combination of panache and strength." Aoyama said as he perched his head on his hands.

"It's way lame if it gives you a stomach-ache, sweetie." Ashido teased about his weakness.

"Well if anyone has pro level quirks it's Bakugou and Todoroki." Kirishima remarked.

Izuku looked at his mate who perked up from where he been looking out the window next to Jirou. 

"Sure, but Bakugou's always angry so he'll never be that popular." Asui said frankly. So frankly that Izuku snorted and Kacchan jumped to his feet and grabbed the railing.

"The fuck did you just say?! I'll kick your ass!" Kacchan snarled at her.

Asui just laughed and stuck her tongue out. She was a troll! "See?"

"You know we basically just met you. And it's pretty telling that we all know your personality is a flaming pile of crap mixed with garbage." Kaminari cut in. Izuku about choked on his tongue. No one just said this stuff to Kacchan in middle school. 

"You're gonna regret the day you applied to this school loser!" Kacchan looked about ready to leap across the bus, and poor Jirou was stuck between them.

"Ah but..." Izuku cut in. It was nice their classmates weren't blind to Kacchan. Or that they weren't bullying him really. But he still had to step up, that was his mate. "I'm biased, but Kacchan's attitude...I kind of...think it's cute."

Everyone gaped at him Kacchan included. "And he can be...rather gentle when he wants to be."

Thoughts of how Kacchan had handled him the night before flowed over his mind and he flushed very tellingly. 

"The fuck are you thinking about over there Deku?!" Kacchan bellowed in a furious rage.

 


 

They finally arrived at their class' off site location. And Izuku unloaded to get away from Kacchan's wrath. There was one thing his mate didn't like. And that was being called 'cute'. Izuku fell in with the rest of the class as the hero in front waved at them. "Hello everyone, I've been waiting for you."

"Woo-hoo!" Uraraka cheered. "Thirteen is one of my favorite heroes!"

Thirteen waved their arms around excitedly. The puffy spacesuit style coat and helmet obscured all features of the hero. "I can't wait to show you what's inside!"

This was going to be awesome!

Izuku marveled at the building they entered. It was a large complex with a glass domed ceiling. "Inside is a shipwreck, a landslide, a fire, a windstorm, and other environmental disasters." Thirteen said. "I created this training facility to prepare you to deal with different types of disasters. I call it the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, but you can call it the USJ!"

The class looked at each other. That was exactly like the Universal Studios of Japan. 

Aizawa walked over to Thirteen and mumbled something the class wouldn't have heard. Unless they had hearing based quirks. Izuku picked it up though. 

"Hey, shouldn't All Might be here already?" Aizawa asked. "Don't tell me he booked an interview." 

"Actually, it's something else. Apparently he did too much hero work on his way in after Nedzu called him. He used up all of his power and is resting in the teacher's lounge."

"That man is the height of irresponsibility." Aizawa sighed. Izuku frowned worried. "All right clocks ticking! We should get started!"

They walked into the complex and Izuku was awed to see all the environments built up all over the large dome building. His inner wolf itched to change and run through it. Take that next step to being a hero like All Might.

"Before we begin just let me say something. Or really, a few things." Thirteen spoke to them all. "Listen carefully, I'm sure you are all aware that I possess a very powerful quirk. It's called Black Hole. I can use it to suck up anything and turn it to dust."

"Yeah you've used Black Hole to save people from all kinds of disasters." Izuku said to the agreement of his classmates around him. Uraraka nodded emphatically.

"It's true but my quirk can very easily be used to kill." Thirteen said and it sobered the excited air they all had. "Some of you already have powers that can be dangerous. In our superhuman society all quirks are certified and strictly regulated. You can easily overlook how unsafe quirks can be. Please don't forget that yours can be deadly. Even if you're doing something virtuous like rescue someone.

"Thanks to Aizawa's fitness test you learned what your potential is. And because of All Might's combat training you likely experienced how dangerous your powers can be when used against other people." Thirteen was right. Izuku knew just how devastating One For All could be in his hands if he wasn't careful. He looked to Kacchan who was squeezing his fists. And how terrible his mate felt about hurting him.

"Carry those lessons over into this class. Today you are going to be learning how to use your quirks to save people's lives. You won't be using your abilities to attack enemies, or each other. Only to help. After all isn't that what being a hero is all about? Ensuring the safety of others?"

Thirteen was so cool. Izuku felt his heart race at the thought of getting to use his werewolf quirk to help. To overwrite the memories of it being used to attack his father. "That was all I had to say. Thank you so much for listening."

"Right now, that that's over-," Aizawa sensei stopped talking so the class started to murmur to each other. Izuku frowned as all the hair on his neck stood up. Something was wrong, but what?

Suddenly the power turned off in the USJ, Izuku felt his eyes start to glow to compensate for the dimmed lighting. His vision sharpened. He looked out and saw a fountain in the center of the various rescue environments. Over the fountain a huge swirling vortex of purple and black mist stated to swirl and grow in size.

"Stay together and don't move!" Aizawa ordered and the class looked at him in confusion. "Thirteen, protect the students!"

Out of the mist stepped a whole slew of people. Izuku's senses were on alert. Telling him it had to be villains. He stepped towards his teacher, when Aizawa yanked his goggles up. "Stay back!" It was an order, one Izuku's wolf side recognized as coming from an alpha. "This is real, those are real villains."

A cold chill climbed up Izuku's back. He looked at his class and saw they were shocked. With that their teacher turned, and he looked exceedingly heroic there. On their third day of school, villains had invaded the school grounds. 

*

Notes:

Also is anybody else into Villain Izuku? I think I'm in love with it. I'm also getting a bit enamored with the Shigaraki/Dabi pairing. Just nugh. Dabi is so cool.

Psst I'm pretty sure he's Todoroki Touya. Finally got a name dropand a hint today. XD

Chapter 15: Encounter With The Unknown

Summary:

The villains attack, and Izuku gets sent to the shipwreck zone.

Notes:

So we're closing in on the end of season 1. I don't think I'm going to take a week off. We just got a new car so our family no longer has to share :) so I think I'm just gonna power into season 2. I'm having too much fun.

 

Sorry this came late. My annual d&d game came up. Every two weeks lol. I play with my husband and our friends. /(-. -) \ \(-. -) /

Also, I ended up re-editing all the chapters. I got a comment and it made me really bothered that I missed to many mistakes. They are dated for when I finished editing. It took all of the day. Eeh, but I hope it is better and more clear now.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku could hear the villains as they appeared. His sharp glowing eyesight could pick them up where they had started to congregate after leaving the dark mist. A deep resonating voice echoed from down below. No one could it, hear they were too busy speculating on the villains.

"The only real heroes I see are Thirteen and Eraserhead. Perplexing. According to the schedule we retrieved, All Might should be here as well."

"So, you scumbags used the press as a cover to sneak onto campus." Aizawa snarled from where he stood. Izuku looked at him worriedly. He couldn't be thinking...

"Where is he? We went through all the trouble of bringing so many friends here to meet him. They want All Might, the great symbol of peace. I can't believe he's not here." A rasping voice filtered up. "Maybe if I kill a few kids he'll come and play."

Was this what pros were really up against? Murders and psychopaths? Izuku knew in the back of his mind that had always been true. Lycan was the testament to that. He'd killed those campers, and savaged Izuku's father. He would have killed Izuku. But it was like part of the glamor had been stripped away back then. And was certainly stripped away now.

Izuku tuned back into the conversation brewing around him about the security system not working inside the building. He looked over to the student with two tone hair. Todoroki his name was.

"Is the entire campus under attack? Or is it this their only target? Either way if the alarm sensors aren't being triggered then one of these villains must have a quirk that's masking their presence. They carefully choose this isolated facility, while a class was going on. They're fools for trespassing here, but they've thought this out. They must have a plan a concrete objective in mind. But what is it? "

Those were great questions and they had no answers to them. Aizawa tensed as the villains advanced on the raised pathway they were on. "Thirteen, get them out of here. Alert the main campus, if they're blocking our sensors then they must be jamming our regular communications too. Kaminari, try contacting the school."

"Yes sir." Kaminari nodded.

"What are you going to do? You can't fight them all on your own." Izuku stepped towards their teacher. Every instinct in him was warning against letting his teacher go down there. "There's too many of them and your fighting style isn't suited for this. Your quirk works best in stealth and one on one fights. That's not going to work in a group."

"You can't be a pro with only one trick. I'll leave this to you Thirteen." Aizawa turned and leapt down the stairway. Izuku watched as he landed in the mass of villains. His capture weapon whipping around bad guys and redirecting them either to him or into each other.

He was holding his own. Moving like lightning. His teacher was like a ninja. Some villains started to attack with their quirks only to stop in their tracks. Aizawa sensei took advantage of that moment to take each one out systematically. He was fast and that was compensating immensely for what his quirk showed him to do. 

"This is no time to be analyzing, we have to go!" Iida chided urgently and Izuku took a few steps towards him. His concern for his teacher made Izuku hesitate before he joined his friend. He would just be a burden.

He and Iida joined the class and they started to run for the exit. But a purple swirling vortex appeared between their group and the doors. From it an amorphous mass of the mist rose up. Two yellow lights appeared, and Izuku knew the mist was a villain. "There is no escape for you. It's a pleasure to meet you, we are the League of Villains." The deep voice he'd heard earlier belonged to this villain. "I know its impolite, but we decided to let ourselves into this haven of justice to say hello. And besides isn't this a fitting place for All Might, the symbol of peace, to take his last breath." 

Izuku felt the growl that ripped out of him vibrate the air. No one was going to be killing his hero.

"I believe he was supposed to be here today and yet I see no sign of him. There must have been some sort of change of plans we could not have foreseen." The villain seemed to grow larger. "Ah well in the end I suppose it doesn't matter. I still have a role to play." 

Izuku saw his mate and Kirishima rush the mist villain at the same time. They attacked in tandem. And the explosion that blew from Kacchan's hand blew over Kirishima with no damage. "Did you think we were just going to stand around and let you tear this place apart?!" Kirishima yelled. 

"You live up to your school's reputation. But you should be more careful children. Someone could get hurt." The villain reformed from nothing. Izuku felt his hair stand on end. 

"You two get out of the way right now!" Thirteen yelled. But it was futile Izuku saw the villain stretch and flow in a rush of thick air like water. It blasted over all of them and Izuku raised his hands up trying to see where his mate was. "I'll scatter you across this facility to meet my comrades and your death!" 

 


 

Izuku opened his eyes and instead of being on the platform with the rest of the class he was falling from a pool of that purple mist. A warp quirk then? He looked down and saw a massive body of water. And he was hurtling towards it unbelievably fast. He covered his head to protect from impact and hit the water hard. He sank deep and looked around. Izuku shook off the shock of the impact and the cold water.

He started to swim upwards and was getting close to the top when his instincts jerked him to look to the side. There was a villain in the water, he was jetting towards him. He had some kind of mutation quirk, fish based. He couldn't attack with enough force down here to stop the villain. Neither of Izuku's quirks were suited for underwater battle. He gritted his teeth as the villain closed in.

Suddenly a slim but curvy body slammed into the villain. Izuku knew that dark green hair. It was Asui! Her quirk was frog, so she had an advantage here. She kicked the villain away with her long legs and her tongue lashed out. It wrapped around him and she lunged for the surface. Izuku was flung clear out of the water and flew through the air to land on the deck of what appeared to be a yacht. With a wet flop, much less gentle than his own entry, Mineta joined him on the deck. 

Izuku got up and looked over to see Asui climbing up the side of the boat. "You saved my life Asui." 

"I told you to call me Tsu," She said as she climbed over. "This is turning out to be a terrible day of class." 

"Yeah" Izuku looked to where Mineta seemed to be collecting himself. "I keep thinking about what that villain said. They knew our whole schedule and who would be here. They must have gotten into school files while we were stuck in the cafeteria. And the teachers were all busy getting rid of the media." 

That was a harrowing thought, that the school hadn't been as secure as it could have been. He looked at Asui and she watched him make connections while they gathered their bearings.  "That means they've been waiting for the perfect time to attack. Like Todoroki said they were." 

"Hey, hold on a second." Mineta cut in, "It's not like they can really kill All Might. Once he shows up he'll pound those guys until there's nothing left!" 

That enthusiasm would be right up Izuku's alley. if he hadn't heard All Might had used all of his time up hero-ing in town before even coming to school. 

"Think about it though. If the villains spent so much time planning this attack, then they probably figured out a way to kill him." Asui was very blunt and to the point. Izuku both appreciated that and didn't quite know what to do with it. "And didn't you hear what that smoke guy said? Maybe we should worry more about not getting tortured to death. Otherwise we might not survive long enough to see All Might again. And even if he does show up, who knows if he'll even make it out alive."

Asui might be tad bit morbid. 

"No, the pros are gonna save us right?" Mineta looked at Izuku expectantly. "Tell frog boobs to shut up." 

Well, if he wasn't already going to ignore that request he was going to ignore it doubly now. "Asui is right, if they're here for All Might, they may have a way to defeat him. They wouldn't have planned this attack if they didn't." Izuku explained.

But why All Might of all the pros? Was it because his very existence discouraged villainy? Or because he was the symbol of peace? Actually, it didn't matter, Izuku didn't care what their reasons were. He had to focus and face this evil head on. 

 


 

Katsuki stood back to back with Shitty Hair, having been warped to the same place. The building they were in looked to be in major disrepair. Not to mention all the villains that surrounded them. He clenched his fists and glared at each and every one of the bastards trying to take them out. No fucking way. 

Katsuki had to get back to Deku. He had to make sure that idiot survived. And then he was going to fuck that warp bastard up. 

 


 

Toshinori sat in the teacher's lounge frowning at his phone. Still unable to reach Thirteen or Aizawa. It didn't matter even if he did reach them, he was stuck in his emaciated body. He was neglecting his class, why had he jumped into all those incidents this morning? There were plenty of other heroes there. These kids were the ones that really needed him. 

Inside his mind his wolf rumbled as if to reassure him. They needed to guide these kids. Especially their alpha pair. Struck with determination Toshinori decided he would change and just pop over to say something inspirational. He could probably eek a good ten minutes out of his hero form. He jumped up and changed his body into it. "Time to join my students-!"

He coughed up blood suddenly and sank to his knees as his whole body tensed with that cough. The door to the lounge opened and Toshinori froze. Standing there was his boss. "Hold your horses!" The creature said. 

"Oh, Nedzu Sir!" Toshinori greeted. 

"That's the one, that's me." He held up one white furred paw and grinned. "I could be a mouse, or a dog, or a bear; who knows? But the important part is, I'm the principal!" 

Nedzu was an animal with a high-powered intelligence quirk called High Specs. He'd taught at UA even when Toshinori attended. He was cute, but also incredibly terrifying. even to Tohsinori's wolf side. "Your fur looks especially glossy today!" 

"It’s because of Keratin." Principal Nedzu said as he walked up to where Toshinori was kneeling in a crouch. "I'm not sure humans can get this kind of lustrous shine." 

The principal held out a tablet highlighting his deeds over the course of the morning. "Let's look at the news shall we? Can you read it? It says you solved three crimes in just one hour." 

He was getting scolded!

"The fault mainly falls on those ruffians who continue to still cause trouble despite you being in the city. But you also have to learn not to go running every time you hear an incident. You really haven't changed in all these years." Nedzu sighed. "You've always been proactive with your heroism. Even after your injury. Plus, now you've got the added work of training the successor of One For All. Yet you insist on being the symbol of peace."

Toshinori felt his body start to leak steam and he held still even as his lungs continued to itch. 

"The only way you can justify staying out of the spotlight is teaching. That's why I gave you this job." Nedzu climbed onto the couch and crawled to his ideal spot. Meanwhile Tohsinori’s body transformed back. "It looks like you need to stay here a while longer. Why don't you leave that class to the other teachers, they are more than capable? But now that you are a teacher here, All Might, I do wish you would prioritize your students more. They deserve it. After all there are plenty of other hero agencies working throughout the city." 

It was definitely a lecture, and he was even getting tea?! He'd always been long winded and now Toshinori couldn't leave his body still wasn't recovered. "You're right I was going to head over and make an appearance." 

"Well if you left now you'd just have to come right back. Why don't you stay and rest some more?” Nedzu pushed a cup of tea over. "You can listen to some of my teaching philosophies." 

Both Toshinori and his wolf agreed, this would be hell. 

 


 

"What do you mean fight?" Mineta shrieked, "Are you crazy? These guys might have a plan to kill All Might and you think we can just take them. You must have hit your head when we got here. The best plan is to wait for a real pro from UA to come and save us." 

Izuku agreed partially. He looked down at the water, "Think about it those villains down there clearly have an advantage in the water and assume that's where we'll fight." 

His inner wolf preened that they had figured that out. He was already formulating plan after plan in his head. Mineta shouted from behind him, "Are you even listening?!" 

"If that's the case then they must have known what was in the USJ before they warped in." Asui tossed in and that served to make even more connections to Izuku's thought process. He appreciated her input. 

"Yeah but for a group with such careful planning there's one thing that stands out. Something that just doesn't add up. They sent you here Asui..." Izuku froze as he dropped her surname. He was jolted entirely out of his thought process as he scrambled to make it right. "I mean Tsu, they warped you here, to the shipwreck zone." 

"That kind of fell apart on you didn't it?" She teased and Izuku rubbed the back of his neck shyly. 

"Yeah," He apologized with his eyes. 

"Why does it matter that she’s here?!" Mineta screamed and Izuku snapped back to what he was thinking of. 

"Yeah, okay, right!" Izuku looked to the shorter boy. "It means the villains have no idea what our quirks are." 

"Ribbit, you've got a point." Asui looked down at the gathered villains floating in the water watching them. "If they knew I was a frog they would have sent me to the fire zone, instead of to an area full of water." 

"They probably separated us because they didn't know what we could do." Izuku remarked, "That way they could pick us off in smaller groups. Easier to eliminate. But for all they know we could be super powerful." 

None of them were trying to get up onto the boat. Which was something Izuku pointed out. They were unsure of Izuku, Asui, and Mineta. However, that also meant they weren't going to underestimate a couple of kids with unknown powers. They were playing smart and safe, for now. 

"So, let's talk Quirks." Asui sank to a crouch and Izuku mirrored her. "I'll go first. Obviously I can jump high, my tongue can stretch up to 20 meters, I can spit out my stomach to clean, and I can secrete a toxic mucus...it stinks a little. And those last two aren't very useful." 

"I figured you were powerful but that's amazing." Izuku had never really met someone as immersed into their animal quirk as him. "I can use my werewolf abilities like this in my human form, I can augment my body with certain traits of the werewolf to look kind of like a wolf man. But I can also transform into the tall werewolf on two legs, or a full wolf. I can heal some, but it still takes a while. And then there's my super strength. It comes with a price though. Once I use it I'm pretty much out of commission. A double-edged sword, until I can control it."

"I've got these sticky balls." Mineta pulled one off his head and put it on the wall of the cabin. "Their strength varies depending on my mood. If I'm feeling a certain way they can stick anywhere from a few minutes to a whole day. They grow back as fast as I pull them off, but my scalp bleeds when I use too many. Oh, and they don't stick to me, I just bounce right off." 

Izuku looked at Mineta and wondered if maybe that bit of skill might have been better suited to the support department. Asui was just as quiet, and apparently that was the wrong response to have. Mineta did not take kindly to it. "Wah! Don't look at me like that! This is why I said we should just wait for the pros. My quirk is totally unsuited for battle!" 

"But you have an incredible quirk. Really, we just have to find out how to use it." Izuku stood up and started to contemplate just what they could do. They had to avoid the water at all costs. 

A huge hand shaped wave swept up suddenly. It slammed into the boat beside them and something in the bowels of the yacht groaned and snapped. The ship was really going to sink now. "That's a freaky power, now the ship is going to sink." Asui sighed. 

Mineta screamed in panic and ran to the railing and started throwing his balls at the villains. Izuku started to tell him not to freak out, to calm down, when his keen eyes and perception noticed the villains in the water were shying away from the balls where they floated. A wicked smirk stole over his face and he turned to his classmates. Asui and Mineta were arguing about his aspirations as a hero. "Listen up, an enemy that is certain of their victory is bound to make a mistake. All Might said that in an interview once, or something along those lines."

"What does that mean?" Mineta whined.

"I have a plan." Izuku felt his fists trembling, half in fear, but half in extreme satisfaction. He was ready to hunt. "Now's our chance we can beat them." 

Izuku spent a few seconds to explain the plan. He would distract them and Asui would make a break for it. Vaulting with momentum to carry them completely out of the shipwreck zone. So, when they were ready he planted his foot on the railing and felt his half transformation spread fur over his arms and shoulders. His hair grew shaggier and his teeth sharpened. His claws were out, and his gloves had matched it. He needed to emulate his mate here. He was worried, but Kacchan was tough. He could handle himself until Izuku found him. Instead he channeled a bit of his mate's rage. "Now die!" 

He leapt into the air and whirled, throwing his arm forward, the left one. He flicked his fingers as one for all surged to the tips of his thumb and middle finger. "Take this!" He shouted, 'DELAWARE SMASH!' 

 


 

 "Tsu, Mineta now!" Izuku yelled even while his finger's screamed in pain. His healing was already at work, but it would be a while before they were functional. He could manage. Asui's tongue lashed around his abdomen and when she sailed past him at the height of her jump she dragged him along. He watched as the force of his smash hit the surface of the water. It shoved the water back and hollowed out a tube of nothing down to the base of the pool. Within a second or two all the water started to rush back. Dragging all the villains to the center. It was then Izuku saw Mineta was throwing the balls down. 

The villains were panicking as they couldn't get away from the whirlpool he'd created, nor could they escape Mineta's balls. When they all got to the center, those balls stuck them together as well as a capture weapon would. The whirlpool filled up and shot the villains into the air. "We rounded them all up, not too shabby." Asui remarked as they flew through the air. "You guys are amazing. I guess we passed the shipwreck zone!"

*

Notes:

So I've got this idea of like domestic lives between the episodes and chapters. I think I want it to be funny but sweet. Still just a concept.

I've also got this idea for villain Izuku and villain katsuki. I'm like super into crime lord Izuku. Maybe a reversal? Idk still in concept mode.

Like I can just see an interaction where quirkless badass deku is like were not joining your league. I'm my own leader. And Katsuki is like eat shit and die. Idk it would be fun

Chapter 16: Game Over

Summary:

Izuku and his classmates survive their fight only to walk right into a more dangerous one

 

Notes:

Thanks for the comments everyone, all editing is caught up. I'm going to be a lot more critical before I post now. I gave each chapter the stink eye while editing. Like it betrayed me or something. lol

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku walked through the water as they made their way towards the edge of the large pool. Asui dragged Mineta along behind them. "Haha, I had a good poop today. Which makes my balls stickier. They're not going anywhere." 

Izuku could hear the villains raising hell at not being able to move where they floated as a mass far behind them. Izuku grimaced however at the imagery that Mineta evoked. He was planning to ignore the statement, and now he had an even better reason to.

Izuku still couldn't believe they had managed to capture all the villains at one time. Even worse, it had taken everything he had to keep his composure and get them where they were. He'd been terrified, but he'd also felt dangerously blood thirsty. He'd hunted, and he'd won with two people at his side. Like a pack would have. But there were so many variables he hadn't accounted for, they were hitting him now. 

"You're creeping me out, stop it please." Asui said as they slogged through the shallows. Izuku snapped from the dark path his mind was going down. Had he been muttering again?

"Instead of worrying about what could have gone wrong, let's think about our next move." 

"Oh, right," Izuku lifted his hand to wave and his fingers took that moment to snap back into place while the bones were still knitting. He winced and bared his teeth in pain. 

"Are you alright?" She asked. Her wide eyes looked down to where he was holding his hand tightly. 

"I'll be fine, my healing is just working, moving it faster means it hurts more." He shook his head and compartmentalized his pain away. "Don't worry about me. We should make getting help our top priority." 

Izuku pointed to the edge of the pool. "If we follow the shore we can get to the exit by avoiding the central plaza entirely." 

"Good idea." Asui nodded. "That way we don't run into the villains Aizawa-Sensei is fighting." 

Izuku's hair stood on end as he thought of how long the fight between their teacher and those enemies had been going on. He was worried, as worried as he was about Kacchan.

He really needed to start addressing the pack feelings he had before they just smacked him on the nose. His wolf instincts were on edge and he didn't think he could leave without assuring himself of his teacher's wellbeing. Could Aizawa sensei handle all those villains on their own? For how long?

Izuku's mind supplied him with images of the wolf videos he'd used throughout his childhood to understand his wolf side. The thought he had was of a scouting wolf, or an enforcer, fighting against an entire rival pack. The result was death if the wolf didn't flee.

In this case, Aizawa-Sensei might die if he didn't run away. And he wouldn't, not if he was still trying to secure their escape. "If he doesn't get some backup, he's just going to overexert himself. Then he'll get defeated by those villains by trying to keep us all safe."

"Wait don't tell me you're suggesting-," Mineta jumped in and looked up at him. "Are you trying to get us killed?!" 

"I'm not saying we should just jump into the middle of his battle." Izuku's instincts may be demanding he join his packmate and help him fight. But he knew he was not prepared to jump into a fight like that. "But maybe if we work together again we can find a way to pick off a few of the villains. Lighten his load a little." 

Thin the herd. 

They had only just won their first fight, and yes, he was riding that victory. But the fear and trepidation was still poisoning his veins. His wolf side was still incredibly worried about Aizawa. He couldn't go on without doing something for the man who in three days had come to feel like a pack leader. Someone for Izuku to learn from. Asui and Mineta agreed and they began to wade quietly to the edge of the pool near the central plaza. 

"Remember Midoriya we're just here to see how things are going alright?" Mineta asked. It was too much to ask of the other student to follow him into a fight if his inner wolf wouldn't let him stand by. 

"Yeah I know, we'll get out of here the moment things seem dangerous." He hoped they wouldn't, but he would certainly send Asui and Mineta away if it got to that point. 

Aizawa had significantly thinned the numbers in the time it took them to escape the shipwreck zone. His capture weapon was a live wire, snapping around enemies and whirling them into each other. Aizawa used it to redirect himself midair into kicks and tackles. He kept fighting before he landed on a tangled pair of enemies and crouched on them. He paused a moment and the enemies around him seemed to freeze in apprehension. 

While they waited to see what Aizawa would do, a villain covered in hands rushed forward. Their teacher threw out his capture weapon and lashed the villains arm with it. He jerked as he lunged and drove his elbow forward. Their teacher was amazing.

But Izuku felt his eyes narrow in to where the altercation had stopped entirely. "It was hard to see while you were jumping around. But I found out your tell. It's your hair. When it drops, it means you've stopped using your quirk." The villain seemed to crow over that discovery. "You're having to blink more often. Don't push yourself so hard, you might just fall apart. Wouldn't that be a shame?"

Izuku smelled a strange mix of decay and flesh. He looked to where Aizawa had elbowed the villain, he realized the blow had not connected. Instead it had landed in the enemies hand. Where Aizawa's sleeve had flaked away and his skin was cracking and peeling. Blood and muscle gleamed as he leapt away from the villain. The moment he got away the villains rushed him. He then had to fight with one arm out of commission. 

Despite that obvious handicap their teacher continued to hold his own. Izuku felt his skin crawl with his urge to jump in. "That annoying quirk of yours isn't suited to big groups is it? Don't you think you're a little out of your element here, Eraserhead?" The villain taunted as Aizawa visibly started to flag, the injury was no doubt affecting his ability to fight. "You're better at working stealthily. You're known for sneak attacks, not fighting head to head." 

Aizawa released his quirk suddenly and the villains that were waiting jumped him again. Forcing him to dodge much more than he had been attacking. The use of his capture weapon was compensating but Izuku saw the fatigue and pain was getting to him. He wasn't going to be able to just escape after seeing this.

"But despite knowing your limitations you jumped into the middle of this fight. To put your students at ease." The villain threw his arms out as Aizawa finished taking out the last of the villains around them. There were more, hanging back as if waiting for the hand villain's orders. "Look at you, you're still standing. You really are so cool!" 

The villain gestured and a massive mutant with an exposed brain and a beak for a mouth appeared behind Aizawa-Sensei. Izuku's teacher turned just as the villain attacked him. His goggles were broken, and he was beaten into the ground. He couldn't fight back, Izuku could see him activate his quirk but it didn't stop the attack, it didn't even slow the monster down.

"No," Izuku breathed, his inner wolf howled in his brain. The creature bashed their teacher into the ground and blood splattered the ground. "No, No!"

Asui grabbed his hand as he started forward. He whipped to look at her and she shook her head at him. He struggled to reign in his impulse to jump in. It was hard, he couldn't just let this happen. That was his pack member!

The creature twisted their teacher's arm and Izuku snarled, his teeth sharpening and a deep feeling or rage pooling inside him. "What do you think of him Eraserhead? He's the bioengineered anti symbol of peace. But you can call him Nomu." 

It was like watching Lycan attack his father all over again. All Izuku could see was the blood, all he could hear was the agonized screams. Aizawa screamed as his arm was twisted and it cracked multiple times as the Nomu broke it. He wouldn't sit by, never again.

"Grab onto me, when I attack that monster, grab Aizawa-Sensei, and get him away from them." Izuku ordered. And this time he knew they would follow him. The brutality hit them hard. Izuku transformed and his friends grabbed onto the fur of his wolf body. He tore out of the water like lightning. 

Izuku hit the Nomu hard. It jerked the monster clean off their teacher. As he did his classmates let go of his fur. He dragged the Nomu to the ground by the throat. His jaws sinking into the meat of it's jugular. It didn't bleed, but he didn't care, he had to get it away from his teacher before it killed him. The villain jerked back and got distance between them.

Izuku was fighting rabidly. His wolf furious and violent for the first time he'd ever let it out. He shook his head and slashed with claws.

This creature just didn't want to go down. It couldn't get a grip on him though, he kept riding it to the ground first. There was a benefit to him drawing attention like this, Asui and Mineta now had a clean shot to escape as all attention was on him. He just needed to incapacitate this thing, then cover their escape with their teacher. 

 


 

Katsuki dodged a punch and grabbed the arm of the bastard trying to take him out. No way in hell was he going down like this! He yanked the asshole to the ground and punched him out. Seriously, for an attack on UA, these villains weren't anything like he thought they would be. He ducked as two more rushed him. He dodged beneath their attacks and lifted his palms up. He blasted them with an explosion, and they hit the wall with enough force to take them out.

He looked over to where Shitty Hair was finishing off his last villain. His hardened arms allowing him to break a weapon apart before he drove a fist into the man's face. He wouldn't be so bad as part of the pack, Katsuki's personal beta. Someone to come in behind him as Glasses would for Deku. They had made a decent survival effort.

"I think that's the last of them." Katsuki snorted, "Bunch of weaklings." 

"Alright, let's find the rest of the class." Shitty Hair said. "If we're both still in the USJ then that means everyone is still here too. And not all of them have the offensive capabilities that we do. We have to make sure they're alright. Especially since this was our screw up in the first place. If we hadn't attacked that mist guy they wouldn't have been warped."

Katsuki snarled at the thought that they had triggered this. He didn't want to think about that, because otherwise he was going to wonder how many casualties had befallen them. If Deku was among them. That wasn't going to happen. Deku was strong. "If you wanna track down all the others have fun." Katsuki snarled. "I'm going to destroy that warp bastard." 

"Huh?" Shitty Hair looked at him in confusion. "But our physical attacks didn't hurt that guy. Come on, don't be an idiot man." 

Katsuki glared at him as his anger boiled. Was everyone an absolute moron? "Shut up, I'm gonna take him down!" Katsuki would prove his ability, but it seemed no one else got the big picture. "He's their way in and out. If I cut off their exit strategy, they have to pay for what they've done!" 

That seemed to shut Shitty Hair up, about fucking time. Everyone just needed to fall in line and listen to him, he knew what the fuck he was doing. His new heightened senses had paid off throughout the entire fight. And now his hearing picked up the shift of a foot moving on the floor behind him.

Katsuki whirled without even having to look and planted his hand on the back of an invisible head. He slammed the villain down and blasted a stunning explosion into the body beneath him. The invisibility flickered and a chameleon looking fucker showed up on the ground. He didn't want to claim Deku had helped him, but the rewards of being mated to him was something he wasn't going to scoff at.

"Anyways, if all these villains are small fry like this fuck," Katsuki snorted and got to his feet, "I think our classmates can handle it."  

 "That reaction time is insane!" Shitty Hair exclaimed. "Also, since when are you so calm and rational. Usually you’re all 'DIE, DIE, DIE!'."

"I'm always calm and rational, you shitty loser!" Katsuki snapped and stomped off.

"Hey, there you are." Shitty Hair laughed. 

"Go find the others if you want, but if you're going to want Deku for that." Katsuki touched his mark, it felt vaguely warm. "He'll have memorized everyone's scent by now. If you want to track, you'll need his nose." 

"Wait hold up!" Shitty Hair caught up to him, "What you were saying, you meant that you believe in our classmates."

"Hah?" Katsuki glared, he'd better not be getting any bright ideas. They were to follow him, not be his friends. Shitty Hair slammed his fists together and smirked dangerously sharp teeth at him. 

"That's thinking like a man!" 

Well fuck, he'd accidentally gained an ally. He'd be an alright Beta. Deku wouldn't let him live it down though.  

 


 

Izuku released the savaged Nomu from his teeth. He turned back to where Asui and Mineta were gathering Aizawa carefully out of the shattered concrete under him. He started to pad over when the voices of the warp villain split the air. He looked to where the two villains stood next to the fountain. "Shigaraki Tomura." 

"Kurogiri, did you manage to kill Thirteen?" Shigaraki was his name, and the warp villain was Kurogiri. Izuku would remember those names, he paced away from where he'd ended up. His four massive paws moving silently, if he could just get back to Asui and Mineta they could escape. He would make sure of it.

"The rescue hero is out of commission. But there were students I was unable to dispose of. One of them got outside." Kurogiri reported. Izuku paused, someone got away? That was great! That meant reinforcements were on the way. 

"Kurogiri you fool, if you weren't our warp gate out I'd tear you apart down to every last atom." Shigaraki seemed to be having a meltdown, good, the more distracted he was the better their chances were. Izuku edged closer to his pack, he had to go slow and stay unnoticed. "There's no way we can win if dozens of pros show up. It's game over, back to the title screen. I was looking forward to finishing this today. Dammit, let's go home." 

Wait, what?! They were just going to leave? After boasting they had a way to kill All Might? Did they not know security would crack down on everything after this? What was really going on, why would they just give up after everything they had done?

Izuku was so caught up in his thoughts he missed Shigaraki streaking towards his pack. Asui was bent over holding Aizawa's head to keep his neck from moving, and Mineta was straightening his spine out gently.

Izuku snarled and leaped the distance between them, his body shifted from full wolf to his werewolf shape. He only had a second before that dangerous hand made contact. And it was heading straight for Asui's face. She jerked back but those fingers were already touching her.  "Let's make this hurt!"

But nothing happened. As Izuku landed he balled his fist and drew back, "Let her go!"

"You really are a cool guy, Eraserhead." Shigaraki hissed and Izuku saw Aizawa had opened one eye where he lay. Izuku had a few seconds, and he used it. He closed the distance and One For All burned through his arm. Damn the consequences, Aizawa had given him the chance he needed to save his friends. He was going to take it. He threw his werewolf fist forward, he powered it up with his other quirk and made contact. 

His arm didn't break! He looked up and was shocked to see the Nomu was back up. It stood between him and Shigaraki. The wounds he'd inflicted were gone. That wasn't possible! 

Asui fit her hands under Aizawa and they pulled their teacher away. They got out of range and Izuku glared at Shigaraki who was peering at him through the hand that was fit over his face. Mad red eyes looked up at him. It wasn't a red he found endearing, he just thought it was frightening.

"That smash of yours...are you a disciple of All Might?" Shigaraki hissed out at him. "You're pretty powerful and frightening to look at. Oh well, it doesn't matter, I'm done with you now. Nomu." 

The Nomu grabbed his neck in one hand and lifted him. Izuku dug his claws into the arm that held him. He bared his fangs and braced as the Nomu lifted a fist at him. It was going to hurt, but that didn't matter. His pack was escaping. Izuku watched the fist swing towards him when from up above an explosion of force ripped the doors to the USJ open. 

"Have no fear students!" It was All Might's voice. Relief coursed through Izuku in tandem with fear. He looked up as his mentor appeared at the edge of the walkway. He looked menacing and everything they needed at this moment. He wasn't smiling, All Might was pissed. "I am here!"  

*

Notes:

So... about the werewolf thing. A comment popped up asking me about it and I think everyone should see. I'm an aspiring writer and have around three manuscripts almost finished. I deal a lot with werewolf plotlines.

I make a point to keep to all possible traits with Izuku. He can look like the teen wolf/wolf man type werewolves, then he can transform into a werewolf very similar to what Akira is in Dance in the Vampire Bund (Amazing series, bunk ass ending) in which he can talk despite the wolf face. And then he can become what I've described as a dire wolf type werewolf.

Now a couple months ago I fell in love with the fic on here that gave Izuku a quirk caked gamer and he gave some of his abilities to others. I took a little inspiration from that and decided to be mystical. Izuku mate got heightened senses because they did the do.

Chapter 17: All Might

Summary:

All Might comes to the rescue, and Izuku has to make a hard decision

Chapter Text

"I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong here when Aizawa and Thirteen didn't answer my call." All Might said as he entered the USJ. And he was All Might at this moment. Unlike any other time since he'd come to this city, he felt his hero name. He'd taken his fatigue as an excuse to get some air. It was both an escape from Nedzu's lectures, and an attempt to go sneak into the Rescue Class. He wanted to check on his students’ progress. Maybe the other teachers had been busy, but his instincts were saying otherwise. In that moment the wolf in him was merged with those instincts, and it agreed. 

"Young Iida ran into me as I hurried over. He told me of the villainy at work here!" He had been walking when he saw young Iida racing down the pathway. It was unusual enough that he'd transformed on the spot. That boy's tearful and desperate accounting of events were colored with a bit of shame. He'd felt bad abandoning the class to get help. All Might had done his best to assure the boy he'd done the right thing. He sent him off to get the principal and other teachers. When the boy left his wolf snarled deep in his mind. 

Villains were attacking his students?! On his territory?! His alphas were no doubt fighting for their lives. A fury unlike anything he'd felt in years burned deep in his veins. His wolf side pushed a bit of strength and energy into him. The itching of his lungs smoothed out and he knew he was pushing it. He needed to help. Right now, his students needed him more than he needed to rest. 

Standing on the walkway into the rescue class he looked at the fear and relief on his student's faces. He saw the damage done to Thirteen in defense of their charges. This was his responsibility. How could he have shirked it so recklessly? He looked down and the scent of blood wafted up to him. He saw Aizawa in a pool of blood, his body broken and twisted. Two of the students were hovering over him as if they had moved him. And his alpha, young Midoriya was snarling in his hybrid form a few feet away from them. Protecting them. He'd been caught by a monstrous looking villain.  

How dare they?!

"Never fear students," All Might boomed as he snarled down at the enemies. He'd never felt his wolf so close to the surface as now. He fought to keep the change contained to internal and contented with baring his teeth. "I am here!" 

He yanked his tie off and lunged, using his bit of One For All to dash into the standing villains. He eliminated them quickly and rushed towards the gathering around his protégé. He drove his fist at the monster, and it dodged. The scrawny one covered in hands retreated as the villain swept him up defensively. All Might set his protégé down. "All Might, you saved us..." He looked down angrily, "But that brain villain took my smash. Nothing happened. You can't-" 

"Take Aizawa back to the entrance young Midoriya." All Might ordered. He flashed his student a tense smile then gave him a thumbs up. "I've got this." 

He watched his student nod and move over to help the others carry Aizawa away. He'd fought that hard to protect their students. What an unmitigated disaster this was. All Might looked back at the hulking monster that had no doubt caused those injuries. It had tried to harm his alpha as well. All Might lunged in, bringing his arms up in a cross as he dove for a full-bodied tackle. "CAROLINA SMASH!"

"Nomu," All Might's ears caught the sound of the scrawny villain's order. This large one was called Nomu then? The Nomu blocked All Might's smash, and like Midoriya had said, his smash had no effect. His inner wolf snarled. 

"Let's try this!" All Might bellowed and swung his arms back, he slung one punch to the jaw, the followed up on the other side. Nothing. 

The creature looked at him, eyes wild and rolling, the brain seemed to pulse and the beak like mouth opened up. A screeching roar bellowed at him and All Might danced back. "It doesn't matter where I punch you does it?" 

"That's because Nomu here has shock absorption. The only way you can win is if you gouge out it's flesh." The other villain mocked. "Of course, I don't think it's going to just sit back and let you do that. You've finally met your match!" 

"Hmm," All Might studied his enemy, it was then he noticed something. A set of mint green teeth covers still buried in the Nomu's neck. He grinned triumphantly. "Thanks for telling me how to beat him." 

He dodged and moved behind the strike the Nomu threw at him. He wrapped his arms around the Nomu and twisted. He suplexed the Nomu, hoping to bury it in the ground and stop it's movements. 

 


 

"Are you guys seeing this?" Mineta's voice echoed from where he was following behind them. Izuku hadn't changed back from his hybrid form when he joined Asui and Mineta. He carried his teacher in his arms, his hearing straining to listen to his teacher's heartbeat. It was slowing down. "All Might's on a whole different level!" 

"And yet he still has to look at his notes when he's teaching." Asui remarked. Izuku wanted to race back, help his other pack member, but Aizawa needed his help more. As he was he could get their teacher to help sooner. There was nothing he was able to do to that Nomu. His bites and claws did nothing, his smash did nothing. He could do this though.

"Get that guy! Punch him in the balls!" Mineta cheered. 

"Maybe we were worried for nothing." Asui mused as she looked back at where All Might was fighting. "He's unstoppable." 

Maybe, but Izuku knew the truth. He'd seen the news on his way to school before the reporters had taken all of his attention. All Might had been on his way in, dressed in his school suit. He'd been stopping crime all over. No doubt he'd used up his time limit. The teachers had been talking about it before all this happened. He had been resting, so he was pushing his limits to help them now. He shouldn't be using One For All; it was a huge risk to him. And the moon was still two days away, he didn't even have a werewolf transformation to fall back on. The kind of trouble All Might was in... Izuku was the only one who knew. 

The heartbeat beneath Aizawa's chest stuttered and stopped a moment. Izuku froze and sank to his knees, "Tsu, do you know CPR?!" 

She snapped to attention and came over applying the chest compression's and breathing into their broken teacher's lungs. It took a moment, but that heartbeat returned. Slow and just as weak. Izuku reached forward with his clawed fingers. Their teacher coughed once and opened an eye. "Why...aren’t...run...ng?" He muttered weakly. 

"Sensei I can hear your heart, it's going to give out again, and I don't think you can survive the CPR another time, your bones are digging into your organs." Izuku spoke quickly but solidly. "I think you're dying." 

"Run..." Aizawa breathed. Izuku felt tears fill his eyes, if only...he froze. The same thought had passed his mind when he watched All Might show his wound. But the moon was two days away. Absently Izuku ran his tongue on the bottom of his mouth. He was startled to find that his teeth guards were gone. And in his stress the gland was rapidly forming in his mouth. He felt the electricity of One For All there. Had he sped his body's ability to create the viral werewolf hormone up?

"Aizawa Sensei... my ability to change others, I can do it right now. I was just as wounded as you when I was attacked. It can save your life." Izuku rushed and Aizawa's eye rolled weakly to him before closing. 

"Were...wolf...course." He seemed to grow weaker his heartbeat slowing back down. 

"Say yes or you'll die!" Izuku urged. "I can't watch another pack member die!" 

He didn't care what Asui or Mineta were seeing and hearing from him. He'd kept quiet about this part of his ability. All Might was right, if it got out to the wrong people they would try to exploit his ability to change others. But his teacher... he couldn't let the man die. 

"Die?" Aizawa asked, "Okay...doriya." 

"Midoriya..." Asui murmured, "He said yes." 

"Was that a yes?!" Izuku grabbed his teacher's broken shoulders gently and urged him to look up. That eye cleared just a bit. "I need a yes!"

"...yes..." Aizawa breathed weakly. Izuku nodded his massive wolf head and ducked down. He tore his teacher's jumpsuit sleeve open on the arm that wasn't completely broken. Without waiting, while the gland was still working, and his teachers heart was still beating. Izuku bit down on his arm deeply. He tasted blood and he worried the wound deeper, he felt the gland pulse under his tongue and knew the virus had been passed. If it could save his sensei like it did him it would be a worthwhile sacrifice. Izuku pulled back and licked the wound of the blood. Their teacher had passed back out. 

"Midoriya, what did you do?" Mineta asked. 

 


 

 All Might's lungs and heart hurt. The ache sinking through his body despite his inner wolf trying to block it out. Blood started to leak from his clenched teeth. He still held the position that he'd used to incapacitate the Nomu. But he looked at the pooling mist that surrounded the Nomu's body on the ground. It had effectively eliminated the damage he could have dealt. Instead it's head and shoulders were rising up from the ground a few inches away. "What a cheap move." All Might growled. 

The Nomu's clawed fingers rose up through the mist and gripped All Might's injured side. It dug in deep breaking skin and threading through the ribs beneath. He coughed as his body seized. He wouldn't let go; he even dug his own claws into the Nomu to hold on. His body was trying it's hardest to reverse the fatigue so he could go on. But that side of his body was still riddled with cauterized scars. 

"Nice, you were trying to bury him in the concrete." The hand villain remarked as he looked their awkward position over. "Sorry that won't work. Nomu is as strong as you are. That won't stop him. Nice work Kurogiri, now we have him right where we want them!" 

The warp villain was named Kurogiri. All Might would remember that for his report later. He couldn't stay prone like this, his belly up like an offering. He let go of the Nomu completely and grabbed at the hand stuck in his side. "Damn!" He cursed and yanked roughly, "If this is your best you picked the wrong place to attack. You should just give up now!" 

"Kurogiri." The hand villain ordered. 

The mist villain rose up from the warp portal right next to his head. Glowing yellow lights looked at him as the villain Kurogiri addressed him. "Normally I wouldn't want blood and viscera flooding the insides of my portals. But I'll make an exception for a hero as great as you." He rumbled threateningly at All Might; the clawed fingers were almost out. "Since you're too fast to see by the human eye Nomu had to restrain you. Once he's pulled you far enough in I'll squeeze the gate shut and sever your body in half!"

 


 

Izuku could still hear the fight going on as his body reverted to human. He wiped his mouth and looked at Aizawa in anguish. He hoped it would take. He couldn't have another death on his hands. He couldn't see someone who had protected him, die like his father did. So, he looked to Asui. "My bite should have stabilized him. It will make transporting easier. Can you two to get him outside to an ambulance. Help has to be on the way."

"Sure, but what are you going to do?" Asui asked. 

Izuku heard the threat of cutting his mentor in half reach his ears. He twisted and streaked towards the fight. He would not lose his mentor! Not after everything they had been through, and everything he had done for Izuku. This was his pack! And Izuku had sworn on his father's memorial that he would always protect his pack! "All Might!" Izuku yelled. "I'm coming!"

He leaped and his whole body transformed to the full wolf shape. He lunged and his four legs pounded him towards the bent form of All Might. As he ran the warp gate opened up in front of him. He couldn't dodge! He'd aimed for the Nomu's side! 

Out of nowhere an explosion ripped through the smoke. "Get the hell out of the way Deku!" 

Kacchan!

Izuku watched his mate slam the metal brace to the ground effectively subduing Kurogiri, a sadistic smile was on his boyfriend's face. "Guess I found your body this time you smoky bastard!"

Izuku watched ice spread through the open portal and climb up the Nomu's side and stop just at that hand gripping All Might. At that moment Kirishima launched himself at Shigaraki creating distance between the ringleader and his underlings. Izuku dodged the portal and lunged in, grabbing his Mentor's belt and yanking with his jaws to haul him out of the shadows entirely. Izuku deposited him and All Might grunted. "Thanks." 

"One of your low-level thugs told me you were here because you think you can kill All Might," That was Todoroki. He'd come to help too? "The symbol of peace will not be beaten by the likes of you!" 

"You got careless you dumb fucking villain!" Kacchan laughed darkly at Kurogiri and ignited a few low-level explosions between his fingers on that metal brace. "It wasn't hard to figure you out, only parts of you can become portals. You use the smoke to hide the rest of your body as some kind of distraction. That's why we missed the first time. But if you didn't have a body you wouldn't be wearing neck armor right? Not if you were immune to physical attacks!"

Izuku watched his blood thirsty mate sneer down at Kurogiri and was glad he'd cut off the escape plan. "Don't fucking move!" Kacchan yelled, "You try anything funny and I'll blow your ass apart. They'll be piecing you back together for weeks!"

"Ooh, that doesn't sound very heroic!" Kirishima laughed from where he'd rejoined their group standing in front of All Might. 

"Nomu!" Shigaraki ordered and the banter stopped. Izuku bared his fangs and snarled low and deep. The Nomu pulled itself from the portals. But instead of breaking the ice off it just pulled it's body out by severing where the ice had attached itself. It got to one side of the portal and rapidly muscle and tendon re-knit and regrew the leg and arm it lost. 

"How is that thing still moving?" Izuku asked as his body reverted to his half state. His human body was compact enough to dodge. He didn't want to remain a bigger target as a wolf; regardless of the force and speed it gives. Izuku stared, it had super regeneration. 

All Might stepped in front of him and held out his hand. "You said that villain's ability was shock absorption!" 

"I didn't say that was his only quirk." Shigaraki rasped. "Nomu was designed to take you on at 100% of your power."

The Nomu stood at attention fully healed. It was terrifying the level of capability this bio-engineered weapon had. "Nomu," Shigaraki ordered. "First we need to free our men and escape."

The Nomu suddenly lunged for Kacchan and Izuku shouted for him. Horror filled his gaze as impact happened and dust whirled obscuring everyone's sight of him. His body bristled with rage. How dare they attack his mate?! He'd rip them to shreds! Suddenly Kacchan spilled form the smoke as if he were tossed. The haze began to clear and Izuku saw the Nomu had collected Kurogiri. The rest of the smoke cleared, and All Might stood in place of where Kacchan had been. He'd saved Izuku's mate! 

"These are kids, and you didn't hold back?!" All Might roared at the villains. 

"I didn't have much of a choice, he was threatening my companion." Shigaraki hissed. "Besides these kids are no angels. That plain looking one, he tried to kill me with a full powered strike. Not to mention that monster form." 

He seemed to shiver as if Izuku's wolf body was much too scary to think about. "You think you can just do whatever you want because you say it's for others. Well you know what All Might, that pisses me off!" Shigaraki yelled. "Why do other people get to decide if some violent acts are heroic and the other villainous. Casting judgement on what is good and evil. You think you're the symbol of peace? You're just another government sponsored instrument of violence. And you know what, violence begets more violence. I'll make sure the world understands that once you’re dead!"

"You're nothing but a lunatic!" All Might countered. "Villains like you always try to make their actions seem noble. But you're just doing this because you like it! Right?!" 

"We've got them outnumbered." Todoroki addressed Izuku and the others as All Might stepped forward.

"Kacchan did figure out that warp villain's weakness." Izuku agreed. 

"These dudes might act tough, but we can take them down now with All Might's help." Kirishima slammed his fists together. "Let's do this!" 

"Do not attack!" All Might's order halted them all. "Get out of here!" 

"You would have been in trouble earlier if not for me." Todoroki argued, "You need our help!" 

"I thank you for your intervention everyone, but this is different." All Might looked at them where they were gathered in a small group. "It's gonna be alright, sit back and let a Pro work." 

Izuku knew he was trying to set them at ease. It was his job, his responsibility to protect them from the evil that was right in front of them. But he knew the strain All Might was in. He knew just what was at stake here. "You're hurt." Izuku said, "And bleeding, plus you're almost out of time."

All Might silenced him with another thumbs up. 

"Kurogiri, Nomu, kill him." Shigaraki ordered. "I'll deal with the children." 

 


 

All Might could feel the power waning inside him. His inner wolf was holding onto it for him. They had pups behind them, they needed to be the barrier that protected them. His time was severely limited. He was borrowing so much from the wolf. But he needed to do this, and he needed to do it now. He alone was the world's symbol of peace. He could not fall. He clenched his fists tighter, and One For All burned through him. 

He lunged forward just as the Nomu did. He swung a punch and it met evenly with Nomu's fist. The shock was immediately absorbed. 

"You weren't listening, one of his powers is shock absorption!" Shigaraki crowed. Overconfident.

"Yeah, what of it?" All Might snapped back. He started to deal punch after punch to the monster. They were matching hit for hit. All Might was dodging as much as he was taking. But the Nomu was getting each of his hits. He targeted each location he had hit previously picking up speed and delivering more force each time. "He said your power was only shock absorption, not nullification! So, there's a limit to what you can take right?!" 

All Might danced around those punches aimed at him. Pushing forward until he started to force Nomu back. "So, you were designed to fight me big guy? If you can really withstand me firing at 100% of my power, I'll just have to go beyond that and force you to surrender!"

He started aiming for joints and pressure points, attacking weak spots he created with the more damage he inflicted. "A real hero will always find a way for justice to be served!" 

He drew back his fist and punched hard. The moment his fist connected it blew the Nomu away. There, he'd reached the limit. Now he just needed to close the distance and keep it from regenerating. He leaped after the Nomu. It seemed to have caught itself and launched back his way. They clashed and grappled in the air. Turning over and over. All Might shoved his foot up and kicked the Nomu back to the ground. As he landed he lunged for the Nomu. It recovered just as fast and attacked. 

Dodging around the strike aimed for him All Might grabbed the massive arm extended towards him. He pushed back on his heels and swung the beast to the ground. It crushed the concrete beneath them.

"Now for a lesson," All Might growled, "I know you've heard these words before. But I'll teach you what they really mean. Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA!"

He felt One For All travel down the core of his being. Pulling every bit of the stockpile to him and delivering it in one maximum force punch. He hit the Nomu and it streaked through the air into the wall of the dome. The impact site exploded and the Nomu flew off into the sky. He knew it had broken the sound barrier. The entire building trembled. 

"That was like the finishing move of a video game!" Kirishima exclaimed from behind him. "He beat the shock absorption right outta that thing! I've never seen that kind of brute strength." 

"Imagine having power like that, he must have been punching so fast that monster couldn't regenerate." Katsuki sounded like he was in awe. All Might was pleased to hear his alpha speak so well of him. He was pleased to hear any of his students speak well of him.

He turned as he stood shakily on his feet. He met young Midoriya's concerned gaze. He may be putting on a front for the students. But his protégé knew he was way past his limit. "I really have gotten weaker. Back in my hay day five hits would have been enough to knock that guy out. But today it took over three hundred mighty blows!" He grinned at his students, then he turned a stern warning look at the villains, "Surrender now, we all want to get this over quickly." 

"You cheated." Shigaraki snarled. 

*

Chapter 18: In Each Of Our Hearts

Summary:

The USJ Incident is concluded. And our werewolf has to deal with the aftermath

Notes:

Ok guys, last chapter for a week unless I get antsy. I'm going to take the time off to experiment with some Villain BakuDeku.

Also expect a genderbend Batman series.

Chapter Text

"He beat me. He's not any weaker at all. And look what he did to my Nomu!" Shigaraki was having a meltdown again. Izuku remained tense where he stood. They hadn't moved when All Might fought the Nomu. He waved to say it was a stalemate, but that wasn't true. "He cheated."

"What's wrong? Not attacking me?" All Might was baiting them. A bluff. Izuku could see the steam coming off of his mentor. It was blending well with the still smoking ground. "Didn't you say you were going to kill me? Well, come and get me!" 

"Man this is intense." Kacchan breathed next to Izuku. 

"As I expected, there's no reason to fight now." Todoroki remarked and turned. "He'll handle this." 

"Come on Midoriya, we should regroup with the class." Kirishima called as they all walked a few feet away. But it was Kacchan who was watching him. He felt his mate's gaze. But Izuku couldn't tear his eyes away from the standoff happening. They didn't understand. "The last thing we want to do is get taken hostage or get in his way." 

They were so sure All Might had it under control. But Izuku knew, however he had borrowed time, he was not going to last much longer in that form. 

"What are you scared?" All Might continue to taunt. Izuku felt his skin itch, the tense air was still heavy. All Might was just trying to buy them time. He needed to stay to make sure they could secure enough time for reinforcements to come. 

"If only Nomu were here, he'd crush you into the ground!" Shigaraki's voice carried to Izuku's super hearing. He watched the villain scratch at the skin of his neck, between all those various hands on him. Were they close to retreat? Would that be better than trying to stall for the other teachers to come? Izuku wasn't sure. He was too petrified of his mentor losing his muscle form. So much was riding on them being able to make it out without exposing him. 

"Shigaraki Tomura, please do not fret." Kurogiri's shifting body moved around the ringleader of the operation. "Look at him, he is definitely weakened. Nomu's attacks were successful. All Might is on his own, the children are frozen in fear, and our underlings are recovering." 

The frantic scratching stopped and Izuku felt the hair on his neck stand up. "We likely have a few minutes left before their reinforcements arrive." Kurogiri looked up and Izuku felt his claws slide onto his fingers. "If we work together we can do this. we haven't missed our opportunity to kill All Might!" 

"Yeah, yeah you're right" Shigaraki hissed lowly and Izuku tensed, they weren't going to retreat. If they attacked All Might he would have to intervene. The steam was coming slow, but he wasn't sure All Might could fight again. "We have no other choice; we have to do it now. After all, the big end boss is here." 

"I think All Might can handle them," Kirishima said behind Izuku, "But let’s make sure these guys can’t hurt anyone else." 

Izuku heard the other villains getting back up. But he couldn't look away, he didn't dare. If they attacked, All Might wasn't as fast as Kurogiri now. He tensed and felt his body ripple. 

"Deku?" Kacchan was looking at him again. Izuku glanced at his mate once before he took off. His feet tore up the distance to where All Might stood. Shigaraki had moved at exactly the same time. 

They ran towards All Might. But Izuku saw the warp villain appear right next to All Might. He changed course and leaped into the air. His legs pulsed with One For All. The bones shattered but he was reaching for that neck brace. If he could stop Kurogiri, All Might could retaliate on Shigaraki. The portal opened up right in front of him and the hand of Shigaraki was suddenly curving into his face. Izuku gritted his teeth and braced. He couldn't get away. 

A spray of blood spattered across Izuku's vision and Shigaraki yelled. The gunshot that echoed finally made it through the pounding of Izuku's heartbeat in his ears. He hit the ground and rolled to All Might's feet. "They're here." All Might grinned triumphantly. 

"Sorry everyone! I know were a bit late. But I got the teachers over here as fast as I could!" The voice of Principal Nedzu was like a blessing. 

"Your class president has returned!" Iida's voice yelled out across the USJ and it brought relieved tears to Izuku's eyes. I've fulfilled my duty and I've brought reinforcements." 

Izuku looked up shakily to see the villains that had gotten back up were rushing the stairs. Present Mic appeared at the top and Izuku weakly raised his hands to cover his ears. All Might did the same. "YEAH!"

The sonic scream vibrated the air around them. It stunned the villains and provided and opening for Ectoplasm's clones to appear and start taking them down. 

"Ah man the pros are here!" Shigaraki snarled where he was holding his bleeding hand. "It's game over for real, let’s go home and try this again when-" 

A rapid series of gunshots snapped through the air. The bullets peppered the ground before a slew of them hit the villain. Izuku watched the black mist of Kurogiri wrap around the ringleader. "I may have failed to kill you this time All Might. But your days are numbered, symbol of peace. I am going to kill you!"

Then they were gone. Izuku shivered as all of the tension fled him. He looked up at All Might. "I couldn't do it; I couldn't help you." 

"That's absolutely not true," All Might looked down at him, and half of his body, the part facing away from the others was rapidly changing back to Tohsinori’s smaller body. "You bought me a few vital seconds. If not for you I would be dead now. Young Midoriya, you've saved me yet again." 

Izuku started to cry and bowed his head. "Thank you All Might," The stress was bleeding out of him in tears. Not enough, there was still so much to worry about. But his mentor was alive and that was important. "I'm just so glad you're okay!" 

"Midoriya!" Kirishima yelled and Izuku whipped his head up. Steam was pouring off of All Might now, they couldn't see him yet. 

"Deku!" Kacchan was following the red headed boy as they ran towards him. 

"Hey, sorry I can't get up!" Izuku called. 

"What, are you okay?!" Kirishima exclaimed. His eyes widened. 

"The fuck Deku?!" Kacchan looked horribly concerned. Wait, they were still coming, and All Might had dropped entirely into his small body. 

"Wait! Kirishima, Kacchan!" Izuku shrieked. 

A wall of concrete swept over the space between them and Izuku looked up at his mentor in shock. "For your safety young men, please stand back and join your classmates at the gate. Leave the injured to us, we can take care of them." 

"Oh gotcha!" Kirishima agreed immediately and Izuku let out a whoosh of relief. 

"You'd better be alright Deku!" Kacchan yelled. 

"I'll be fine, I'll meet up with you later!" Izuku called out. "Go make sure the class is alright. They're...they're pack!"

"Deku!" Kacchan sounded disbelieving. 

"I'll explain later!" 

Cementoss walked behind the wall and All Might tilted his head to him. "Thanks for that Cementoss, you really saved our asses there." 

"It was my pleasure, I'm actually a big fan of yours." The cement hero smiled at All Might, "We should sneak you both out and get you to the infirmary. Seriously All Might, that could have been really bad." 

"I had to act recklessly or else I would be dead now." All Might hummed and sank to a sitting position. He placed a hand on Izuku and both of them stopped trembling. "Just goes to show how strong those villains were."

They had cut it far too close. Izuku had almost lost both of the teachers who had become incredibly important to him. 

"Cementoss, can you please relay a message for me?" Izuku piped up.

"Yes, what is it?" The large hero looked down. 

"Aizawa sensei is hurt badly. Dr. Mitsu of the Quirk Research Division of the government needs to go an oversee the medical procedures for him. Until I can get there it might get dangerous." Izuku said.

"Young Midoriya..." All Might blinked. "There's only two days." 

"I know, I shouldn't have been able to do it. But his heart stopped, and he wouldn't have survived Asui reviving him again." Izuku felt the tears flow anew. "He gave his permission." 

"I will relay that information." Cementoss said. 

 


 

"I can't be sure yet, but I'm sure I shortened my time limit." Toshinori said as they sat in the waiting room of the hospital. His voice cut through the silence. Izuku just looked at the bandages on his legs. "I can at least still hold the form for an hour.'

"I'm so sorry." Izuku looked up. 

"Well it's no use worrying these things happen." Toshinori brushed it off. 

The sound of someone entering their deserted corridor had Izuku bristling in warning. Toshinori placed his hand comfortingly on Izuku's neck. "All Might!" The man greeted. 

"Is it okay that he sees you like this?" Izuku asked quietly. 

"It's only Tsukauchi Naomasa. He's my best friend on the police force. He's legit, and already knew about me." All Might soothed he turned a smile to the investigator. 

"What an introduction, I'm sorry to bother you both. I have to cut to the chase though, I got the story, but any information you may have would be helpful to the investigation." The kind looking detective grinned. 

"The ringleader... his name was Shigaraki Tomura. And the warp villain, his name was Kurogiri." Izuku spoke up and All Might nodded. "And the monster villain, he had more than one quirk. Shock absorption and super regeneration." 

"Never mind all the questions." All Might looked to his friend and Izuku went back to focusing on the sound of the surgery going on. "How are the students?" 

"With the exception of Midoriya, there were only scrapes." Tsukauchi said happily. "I heard from the desk that Thirteen is in stable condition." 

"That’s a relief, Aizawa is in surgery and were here to wait." Toshinori said with a grin. Izuku was on edge, his heart was racing. He was sure he was in some kind of shock. 

"If you three teacher's hadn't been there." Tsukauchi looked away. "You saved those students." 

"You have it all wrong Tsukauchi, those students risked their lives." All Might said proudly. "They fought just as hard as us. I don't think there has ever been a group of first years who have experienced a fight like this so early in their training. They not only survived, they learned about what it takes to be a pro. Those villains made a mistake attacking them. This class is strong, filled with courage, and drive. Mark my words, they will make great heroes." 

The uplifting speech paused as the doors to the OR opened and out stepped Dr. Mitsu, "Midoriya-san!" 

"Dr. Mitsu!" Izuku wobbled to his feet and pushed his healing to move faster. "How-how is he?"

"I managed to stop them from cauterizing anything. But the damage was extensive. Broken and fractured bones, internal bleeding, his orbital floor was destroyed. But his brain damage was already going down so no nerve damage occurred that I could see. The doctors aren't sure about his eyesight returning. But I confirmed the bite has taken. The quirk is moving at an alarming rate. Faster than even yours Yagi-san. It could be that the moon is in two days." Dr. Mitsu said and shook his head. "I managed to get them to just suture and stitch, so if he makes the full turn, then he should pull through without much lingering injury."

"That's a relief." Toshinori said and Izuku sank to his knees. He bent forward and pressed his head to the cold floor. Relief made him damn near fall apart. "Mid-Izuku, Izuku he'll be alright." 

"You should both go and get some rest. Come back tomorrow and he should be able to wake up enough to talk before the moon." Dr. Mitsu said. "Go heal both of you." 

 


 

Katsuki was stretched out over his bed when he heard the doorbell ring. It was quiet when one of his parents went to open the door. A few moments later a tentative knock sounded. "Come the fuck in!" Katsuki yelled. He didn't want to get up. 

The door opened and there Deku was. He locked the door as he closed it and crossed over to the bed stiffly. "Katsuki."

The tone he used went straight to Katsuki's dick. All the adrenalin he hadn't been able to burn off was surging south at that moment. "Izuku, you good?" 

"No," Izuku eased himself onto the bed and unzipped the hoodie he was wearing. He shed it then the shirt underneath. Bruises lined his neck and his fingers were bandaged on one hand. "I turned someone today." 

"What?!" Katsuki shot up into a sitting position and Izuku climbed right into his lap. His sweatpants felt soft on Katsuki's legs where his shorts had ridden up. 

"Aizawa-Sensei... that Nomu hurt him bad Katsuki." Izuku was crying. Katsuki reached his hands up and cupped those freckled cheeks. He wiped the tears away and pressed a soft kiss to that mouth. His nerd sucked in a breath. He kept doing that to keep him from going right into a panic attack. Maybe he'd been in shock the whole evening. Helping Izuku get through it was helping him get through it too. "I asked him, I swear I asked. It sounded like he said yes. But I'm so afraid he didn't mean it. What if he wakes up and hates me. I might have taken his decision away. I might have made him a monster." 

"You said he said yes?" Katsuki asked. 

"His heart stopped!" Izuku sobbed into his neck. "He wasn't going to make it to the gates. His organs were failing, and CPR did more damage than it helped. I heard it!" 

"Then you saved his life." Katsuki said. "If he doesn't see that he wasn't worth the effort." 

"I watched that monster hurt him. It was...it was like seeing my dad all over again. What Lycan did to him, it was the same." Izuku clutched at him. "Katsuki I think I'm in some kind of shock. I can't get out of it." 

"I've got you." Katsuki said and pressed his mouth to the mark on his boyfriends neck. "I'm here." 

"Please." Izuku begged and he bit down on the scar. Izuku nudged the still sore spot on his own shoulder but didn't return the favor. He pressed an open-mouthed kiss above it 

Katsuki yanked his shirt off and with a bit of maneuvering they shed shorts, sweats, and boxers. Izuku climbed right back onto him and he figured his boyfriend needed a bit of touch to bring him back down from the adrenaline high he had to have been riding the whole day. He ran his hands wide across Izuku's back and sides. He directed Izuku's hands to circle his neck. "I've got it Izuku, just breathe." 

He reached over and fumbled with his bed side table. He cursed and yanked the new bottle of lube from within. He captured Izuku's lips and drenched his fingers. He smoothed his hand down to Izuku ass and delved his other fingers to the twitching rim of muscle.

He barely circled the puckered hole when Izuku shifted and pushed his hips back. Katsuki's finger sank in to the first knuckle. "Please Katsuki."

"Mother fuck!" He growled and pressed kisses to his boyfriend's neck. He drove his finger in deeper. He looked at the tears streaking down Izuku cheeks and sucked his shit up. "You made the right choice." Katsuki said. "I bitch about it, but I was alright with you turning your trainer. I'm alright with this."

Izuku clutched him tighter, so Katsuki increased the number of fingers to two. With the added girth he was able to reach Izuku's prostate. "Ah!" Izuku arched his back.

"There you go," Katsuki was really running his mouth. Damn. "Come back."

They kissed again. Heat pooled in Katsuki's stomach and he tangled his tongue filthily with Izuku's. He worked a third finger in and spread them. It strangled a moan from Izuku. "Katsuki!"

 


 

Izuku had made the right choice coming to Katsuki's house. After leaving the hospital he'd treaded home to calm his mother down and get a shower. He'd rewrapped his legs and hand before he followed his inner wolf. 

He'd made his way right to his mate's house. His uncle let him in, and he'd followed the scent of nitroglycerin and ash over forest pine. Now he was panting his way through his near shock panic attack. 

With Katsuki's fingers deep in him, their cocks pressed together. He was steadily grinding himself there. This time it wasn't his wolf out of control, not this time it was the human part of him. 

Having Katsuki breathe coaxing words to him was helping him. Feeling his mate's hands all over him was chasing the chill of fear and panic away. He sank down into the fingers again and leaned his head back. "You with me you shit?" 

"Yeah," Izuku breathed. "I'm with you." 

"You good?" Katsuki asked as he twisted his fingers. A spike of pleasure ran down Izuku's spine and he growled. 

"I'll be better with you in me." Izuku suggested.

"You're real mouthy when you want to be." Katsuki pulled his fingers out of Izuku and fumbled with the lube.

"The moon is closer, and we just survived a villain fight." Izuku pouted. "You'll just have to shut me up another way." 

Izuku rolled his hips up and pushed onto his knees. He felt the slick head of Katsuki's erection run over his opening. His mate's hand guided them together

 Izuku exhaled weakly once his mate's cock sank deep inside him. "Katsuki." Izuku breathed and pressed their foreheads together.

"Fuck." His mate was articulate to the end. Izuku felt more centered. His wolf side was contented. His human side was getting less and less overwhelmed with emotions and was reacting more to the moment.

Izuku placed his hands on his mate's shoulders. Trying to bring to mind how to do this, how to be with him like this. He'd done his research. Izuku lifted his hips up and Katsuki's fingers tightened on Izuku's skin. His mate looked up at him, their eyes locking as Izuku sank back down.

It was an ethereal moment. Eyes locked, Katsuki's cock moving slowly in and out of him. The friction of it made Izuku shiver. The electric pulse of his prostate being struck made Izuku gasp.

He felt like he was drowning again. But this time. This time he fell into it willingly. Katsuki wrapped his arms around Izuku and fell back into the bed. One hand reached up to cut the back of Izuku's head and the other wrapped around his back. Through the pleasure and the spike of ecstasy, Izuku felt that Katsuki had him.

He'd always have him. 

Izuku panted and bent down for a hungry kiss. It was sloppy. It was overwhelming how badly he wanted to crawl into his mate. Sweat beaded on his skin, his nerves all felt like they were on fire. "Love you."

"-zu-..." Katsuki groaned. Izuku looked down to see an adorably frustrated look on his mate's face. Blood red eyes squinted, trying to stare up at his green. They were too far gone. Izuku slipped his own hand between them to grasp himself in hand.

"We’re alive Katsuki." Izuku panted. It hadn't felt like it before he got here. But now, with his mate dragging in and out of him, his hips lifting to spear Izuku. There was nothing else he could be but alive.

"Yeah, fuck, ugh... Yeah we are." His mate growled through his guttural moans. 

Izuku felt the tightening of his abdomen. He stiffened and clenched around the cock within him. Katsuki threw his head back, flush spreading down his neck. Izuku leaned forward, he pressed his lips to the mark he'd left the day prior. Katsuki's hot breath ran over his neck and he bit into the scared mark.

Izuku snarled as his mark was reopened. It triggered his orgasm. He nosed over his mate's sore shoulder and sucked on the skin around the wound. It reopened just a little and he licked the blood away. Katsuki cursed loudly and frantically grabbed Izuku's hips. 

They stilled as his mate reached his orgasm. Izuku watched the slack expression on his mate's face. A pair of glazed eyes met his and he ground down on his mates pulsing erection. "Izuku..."

Katsuki looked at him with tears gathering in his eyes Izuku knew his own matched. "Katsuki."

They steadied each other in their arms. And finally, Izuku's body relaxed. With his mate he could relax entirely. They were alive, they survived. He could do what he needed to for the pack. 

 


 

Pain was about the only thing Shouta could feel. His arm was on fire, his body felt like he'd been hit by a bus, and he dreaded opening his eyes. They hurt more than they ever had in his whole life. 

He remembered the battle. Keeping that villain from hurting his students. He remembered seeing a giant werewolf above him. He remembered teeth in his arm. Understanding that he wasn't going to make it. 

"Zashi-," Shouta breathed. Hizashi had to be here. He always was when Shouta was injured. 

"Shouta," The sound of his best friend filtered into his ears. His voice was a comfort, how he always knew just what pitch to speak in was a wonder to Shouta. 

"What-?" Shouta couldn't move his arms. 

"I'll get the doctor, " Hizashi whispered. 

"Wait." Shouta hissed. He wanted to see his best friend first.

It took a great amount of effort. But he cracked open his eye, the other it seemed was covered in gauze and bandages. His vision was blurry and ached. "Where are-?" 

His best friend touched his cheek gently. "Let me," Hizashi said. Tipping Shouta's head back he dropped a few saline eye drops into Shouta's aching eye. Immediate relief. 

He opened his eye again and there his best friend was. His hair was a mess, he looked like he hasn't bothered to shower yet. Still staying his hero gear. "Hizashi." 

"Shouta..." a pathetic wine came from his friend's mouth and his hand's came up to his mouth to cover it. Was he losing control of his quirk? "You're so fucking stupid. Why did you take them all on like that?" 

"Had to, " Shouta said. He's made the decision to keep his class. That meant they were his responsibility. Like hell he was going to let anyone hurt them. "How are they?" 

"Everyone made it. All Might and Midoriya were here until a few hours ago." Hizashi shook his head. "Wait here the doctor said he needed to be made aware you were awake."

Shouta frowned as Hizashi left the dim hospital room. Why did that feel wrong? Shouta flinched as his hearing seemed to pick up all the sounds just outside of the room. The smell of antiseptic burned his nose. Ugh. 

The door opened and Hizashi returned with a doctor. His red hair was limp and light. He walked with an assured air of excitement. 

"Aizawa-san, your awake. You don't understand how incredibly good that is to see." He walked to the bed and smiled. "I'm Dr. Mitsu. I'm a quirk specialist. I used to work for UA, but I'm now a researcher. Midoriya contacted me, I was told to get here as fast as I could. I managed to stop the surgery from making anything permanent."

"What?" Shouta frowned. 

"I'm sure this is all very confusing. But let me explain from the beginning." Dr Mitsu lifted his chart. "You were admitted with an alarming number of fractures, many of your internal organs were ruptured, and you were suffering from extreme internal bleeding. Your brain was swelling due to blunt force trauma. And the orbital floor of your right eye was obliterated."

Panic rose inside Shouta, had he lost his ability to use his quirk?! "Now fortunately Midoriya was there. You flatlined while they were trying to get you out of the building. CPR was administered but you were not in any condition to survive it a second time. According to the charts on arrival, you should have been dead." 

He'd never come that close to death before. Not in any of his fights or battles. He'd died and was bright back, he should have died in transport. Fuck. 

"Midoriya assured me he explained and asked you. I'm not sure how much of that you remember." Dr Mitsu looked at him. 

"Agreed to what? " Hizashi asked. 

"This is a secret we've kept from the media ever since Midoriya contracted his quirk. Like the villain Lycan, he possesses the ability to pass the werewolf quirk on to others. When he was a child Lycan brutally attacked him. He lost so much blood he should have also died on arrival to the hospital." The doctor set the chart back down. "The healing ability he has can only do so much to repair injuries. It takes longer, but one thing it does have is immediate lifesaving treatment to its host."

"You're saying -," Shouta glared. 

"Yes, Midoriya passed the werewolf quirk to you and it saved your life. It got you here for treatment. I managed to stop them from cauterizing any wounds. This way the quirk can heal you to how you were. Your eye however, I can't be sure if the nerve damage will heal or not. It is not a theory we've been able to prove." Dr Mitsu gripped the edge of the bed. "Your healing is not as quick as Yagi-sans, but it is working. It's moving fast because the moon is less than 24 hours away. It saved your eye. I have hopes your quirk will not be impaired. For how long I can't say. We will just have to see. "

"Shouta's- Shouta is a werewolf now?" Hizashi asked. 

"Yes, but please understand. Midoriya had only ever passed his quirk once to improve the quality of someone's life. He gave it to you to give your life back." Dr Mitsu said, " Do not think too harshly of him. The only problem I foresee is that the full moon is l close. You are going to show rapid improvement in your internal injuries. For the external, they will be taking a while."

"Full moon?" Shouta stared blankly at the ceiling 

"As I understand it. Midoriya and Yagi will be here to ease the transformation. It's Yagi's first moon as well. I will be in standby in case it gets out of hand." Dr Mitsu smiled. "you should rest, Midoriya and Yagi will be here in the morning."

Shouta watched the doctor leave and looked at his best friend. Those green eyes looked troubled. "I wasn't there Shouta. I should have known something was wrong."

"How could you, it wasn't your class." Shouta frowned. "Don't be stupid."

"That a student had to make such a decision. How was that fair to him?" Hizashi scowled. "I wish I'd blown out those villain' ears."

"What's done is done." Shouta lifted his bandaged and splinted hand weakly. Hizashi grabbed it to take the strain off of him. "Thank you, for staying."

"You know I won't leave." Hizashi promised. And that was what he'd needed to hear. Weakness filtered back in and with Hizashi's fingers combing through his hair he relaxed. 

"Should... Go shower." Shouta mumbled sleepily. "Smell like...blood" 

 


 

The full moon was on them, and Izuku could now go in and talk to Aizawa. They had nearly twelve hours before nighttime. With Toshinori at his side he went into the hospital room. Present Mic was there as well. His hair down and wearing plain clothes.

Aizawa was heavily bandaged, but he was awake. "Midoriya." Aizawa greeted. "All Might."

Izuku walked up to the bed and bowed. "I'm so sorry. I don't know if you were aware when I made my decision to bite you sensei. If I took your choice away I apologize."

"It's fine, the doctor explained." Aizawa hummed. "So, you made me into a werewolf?"

Izuku nodded. 

"Heroes often have to make split second decisions." Aizawa said, it felt like a lesson. "These choices result in the saving of lives, or even the loss of others. It's a heavy load to bear. But for this I thank you. I'm alive because of you." 

Izuku felt tears fill his eyes and Toshinori patted his head. He nodded again and relaxed. He didn't end up becoming a monster. "So explain it to me. How tonight is going to go?"

"R-Right!" Izuku snapped back to attention. "I'm not the kind of alpha that uses influence over the pack. Most of my pack is human. They won't be here. Having Kacchan helped me when I was the most on edge. Now I can do it by myself if I need to."

"I would like to be here. If that's alright." Present Mic gestured with his hand.

"O-Okay. But if it gets dangerous I need you out of the room." Izuku said. "Usually I run on the beach, but otherwise I just curl up. Same as I would at home with a movie. Do you have favorite foods, that helps keep your human mind in charge."

Izuku texted the gods to his mother who happily texted back that she would have them ready. "I think your bandages will come off, and it'll be necessary to get you rebound once you're in wolf form. You're still hurt for all you've healed so fast."

"I can do that." Present Mic gave a confident thumbs up.

"Okay!" Izuku smiled widely. "After all that, once you're in wolf form, I'll make sure the scent of the pack is on all of us. It keeps my wolf calm and should calm yours too."

"I have every confidence in you young Midoriya!" Toshinori grinned.

"Hmm." Aizawa said. "At least wolves can be stealthy." 

 


 

The hours passed and Izuku waited outside the hospital room for miss mate. His mother and Kacchan walked through with the Bakugou's following behind. They all carried large pots of food. Izuku spared a second to nuzzle his mate affectionately. 

"You're fucking sure you got this?" Kacchan glared.

"Yeah," Izuku tangled their fingers. "You stand by the door. You've fought with me in wolf form. You know how to take me down. Back me up if it gets out of hand. Make sure no one gets into this hall." 

"Fuck," Kacchan hissed. "Yeah whatever."

"Thank you " Izuku pressed a kiss to his mate's lips. He took the food into the room and closed the door to a crack. The furniture had been removed for blankets and pillows. Only the hospital bed remained. Izuku set the food up near the windows.

"Young Midoriya, it's like my skin is burning." Toshinori said and looked at his clawed hands. 

"Like your bones are glass?" Aizawa asked. Izuku moved over and with Present Mic's help they pulled him out of the bed and to the soft pallet of blankets.

"That's all normal. Kacchan watched me change for the first time. He said I looked like I was going to sweat out of my skin before I became a wolf. It gets easier every time after." Izuku explained. 

The sun went down and Izuku felt it. He needed to wait though. He could remain in human form longer than they could. So he pulled Present Mic away and gave both of his teachers room to change. They could do it.

 


 

Toshinori felt feverish. Like he did the first few weeks with his wound. But the moment he looked up at his alpha, glowing green eyes settled on him. It was a reassurance. 

He slipped to his knees and felt his bones quake. Gold fur grew along his spindly arms. He looked down at his fingers as they lengthened, grew claws, then shortened into large paws. His back arched and his face stretched. It was painful, almost as bad as his wound. When it was done he looked up and Midoriya smiled wide. 

"You did it." He waved to the mirror on the back of the bathroom door. He was tall, as tall as Midoriya's shoulders. Long spindly limbs under lean muscles. His ears were wide and flicked back. He didn't look emaciated, or like a skeleton. He looked alive and whole.

He ducked his head and felt tears filling his eyes. He wasn't wasting away. The smell of something sweet and warm drew his attention. He looked to where his alpha was holding out a cookie. He passed over and took it with his teeth. It was sweet and wonderful. 

He'd thought he'd die without getting to eat fun things ever again. That All For One had stolen his livelihood like he stole so many things from humanity. But this boy, this wonderful boy had given him back something so simple. Yet so very big.

 


 

Shouta panted where he was laying. He watched as All Might change into a towering but lean golden wolf. It was mesmerizing the way muscles shifted position and bones cracked into place. His eyes tracked to where Hizashi was. He stood next to Midoriya. Watching All Might chomp down a cookie. 

'Mine' the rumble in his head said. It wasn't his voice, but it was deeper. And looking at his best friend, the man who had given him his damn hero name... He felt it was true. Feelings he'd refused to look at, or give life to, bubbled up. 

His body sized and all the wounds on him screamed. He shouted and curled tighter into the blankets. "Can I?" 

That was Hizashi's voice. 

"Be careful. If he looks like he's going to bite, or attack get out of the way." Midoriya said. 

Then all of a sudden hands were in his hair. He smelled leather and the coconut shampoo of Hizashi's scent. It was familiar, it was warming. It was his. "It's alright Shouta, I know it hurts. But just let go, you can do that right?" 

He could, he could do that if Hizashi was here. He could, the wild presence in his mind intensified and the pain hit harder. He looked up at Hizashi and his friend smiled confidently. His body changed violently. Legs and arms transforming with painful shifts of bone. One second Hizashi's fingers were in his hair and the next they were running over his neck. He could see from both eyes and knew his bandage had fallen off. 

"Look at you Shouta!" Hizashi laughed. "You look cranky even as a wolf. So cool!" 

Shouta tried to lever himself up but his legs screamed at him. He flopped back down and Hizashi starred to splint and rebandage each of his four legs. Something flashed and he looked at the mirror now pointed at him. 

He was just as big as All Might, but his fur was jet black. Instead of glowing blue or green eyes, his had gained the eerie hue of his activated quirk. But he didn't think he was using it. 

All of a sudden the air changed. He looked over at the same time All Might sat down. Where Midoriya stood there was now a bulky dark green wolf. He stepped forward and Shouta thought, 'That's my alpha, but also my student.'

It was confusing. But he didn't argue. The green wolf rubbed himself all along the golden wolf's side. The smell of summer night became forests at nighttime. And when they both moved to him, Hizashi edged back to make room. 

As prone as he was, they ran muzzles over his shoulders. Their combined scent gained the saline and linen smell he had picked up on himself. His inner wolf, he could recognize it now, settled. 

Hizashi brought food to him, and he ate ravenously. Both he and All Might did as Midoriya watched them. He shifted and flopped against his best friend. Hizashi huffed but settled into the blankets. 

Midoriya paced to the door and bummed it open. Within moments Bakugou walked in. Bakugou stood still as Midoriya got their combined scent on him and let him into the room.  

Bakugou flopped next to them. Midoriya passed around everyone and within moments the room felt safe. Comforting. Like pack. 

*

Chapter 19: That's The Idea Ochako

Summary:

Izuku returns to class and the Sports Festival is announced

Notes:

Couldn't stay away the whole week. Ended up mapping out a slew of chapters. So we're gonna get back into the swing of things.

I've decided when the other pairings will pop up. They won't be part of this main work. They will pop up as one shots or shorts in a series linked to this one. There will be EraserMic, and Toshinori/Inko so far. I am adept at writting all forms of romance. So keep an eye out for that. :)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku stretched as he got dressed and dried his hair from the shower he'd taken upon returning home from the hospital. He could hear his mother cooking up a storm in the kitchen. She wanted to make sure he was fed, especially after looking after his wolf pack. He looked down to the notebook he had dedicated entirely on his pack. Or really... the budding members. He needed to talk to Kacchan about it. So far he had assigned his mother and the Bakugou's the role of Gammas. 

He wanted to give the same to Aizawa Sensei and All Might. 

Elders who would impart wisdom and were separate from immediate pack growth. They would care and strengthen regular bonds. That fit them well enough. Especially since Izuku didn't have any desire to push his alpha mindset on anyone. 

Izuku knew his limitations there, and he needed to work on that. He was not a worthy pack member to be on equal footing with the two adult werewolves. So he would take the steps necessary to give them the information they needed to understand their wolf sides. And he would leave it up to them if they would remain his pack members. He wasn't a member of Lycan's pack, so he shouldn't expect that from them. 

Izuku took an inordinate amount of time to compile the videos he used to understand himself. He informed Kacchan of his decision and emailed the videos to his teacher and mentor. That was what he could do for the men he turned into werewolves. Now he needed to address his failures. He was useless to Aizawa Sensei and Thirteen. He and all the students were nothing more than hindrances there. Sure they won their fights; sure they had all survived. But they were too green to have been reliable to them. 

Izuku pulled up an All Might video and let the familiar sight of his hero pulling people over a bus clear his mind. His mentor's debut. The video Izuku's life always came back to. His mentor had full control of One For All. Izuku needed to make this power his own. He needed to get better, no more broken bones. Despite how he could speed his healing up with One For All, it wasn't enough. He couldn't keep incapacitating himself like this.

All Might chose him. That meant something. He needed to make his hero proud of him. 

"Izuku." His mother's soft voice called as she knocked and opened the door. Her caution made him smile, she was so afraid of entering. He'd kind of ruined that innocence between them when she caught him having a personal moment. Just after he'd realized what Kacchan being his mate meant. They were both still scarred for life. 

"Yeah?" He turned his chair to grin reassuringly at her. Her caution was colored with her worry. He had returned home bandaged before he showered, and the injuries healed. After his night away from home changing with the new wolves, she was still worried. 

"Lunchtime, your food is getting cold." She said softly and he closed the browser to get up and join her. She was his pack too and reassuring his mother was easy, he just needed to let her mother him as she wanted to.

"Thanks mom," Izuku walked over and grabbed her hand to drag her to the table to eat. 

"Well eat up, those muscles need lots of fuel." She laughed, there already getting back to herself. "Especially after the full moon." 

There was even katsudon on the table. 

 


 

"You guys did you watch the news last night?!" Hagakure exclaimed as Izuku entered the classroom. He listened to everyone talking about how they were on the news, and how it was very cool to be noticed. The light air took a turn as their close call was brought forth. Izuku took a moment to look at his mate, Kacchan's red eyes flicked to him in interest. 

The class door opened and Izuku looked up to see Aizawa Sensei there. His eyes boggled yesterday his teacher had shifted back to human form naked and needing his arms re-bandaged. His legs had healed, but his body was still working over the arms and his eye. One side of their teachers face was still bandaged, and both arms were bound in slings around his body. "Morning class," He grumbled deeply.

"Sensei what are you doing here?!" The class seemed to exclaim in unison. Izuku was watching his teacher in worry, he really shouldn't be moving. That it was taking this long to heal said a lot about what that Nomu did to him. How much his body was prioritizing to heal. 

"Whoa," Kirishima was in awe, "What a pro!" 

"Aizawa Sensei I'm glad you are okay!" Iida exclaimed properly from his seat. 

"Is this what you call okay?!" Uraraka hissed. This really didn't look like 'okay'. 

"My wellbeing is irrelevant." Aizawa said and lumbered to the teacher's podium. "What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet." 

"Our fight?" Kacchan growled. 

"Tell me it's not-," Izuku muttered. 

"Not more bad guys!" Mineta wailed behind him. 

"The UA sports festival is about to start." Aizawa Sensei said with such a dead pan expression, Izuku wondered if he thought he was funny. His scent smelled amused. 

"Yes!" Kirishima shot up with excitement. 

"Wait a second!" Kaminari slapped his hand to Kirishima's head and shoved him to the side. 

"Is it really safe to hold a sports festival so soon after villains snuck inside?" Jirou asked from where she sat. 

"They could attack once we were all in the same place." Ojiro added in. It was all good points to be made. Izuku figured he might need more time to work out his feelings before he prepared to not be hyper involved with his classmates. 

"Apparently the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled." Aizawa spoke and cut through the tension. Izuku figured he would trust his teacher, the alpha of the class. He could defer to him, learn from him. "They want to show that the school is safer than ever. Plus they're beefing up security compared to past years." 

Hearing what the school was going to do to keep them safe was a relief. Izuku felt he might always be on alert, but the students needed this assurance. Sure they were going to be heroes. But to face off with villains in the first three days. It was a bit much, in that Mineta was right. 

"This event is a huge opportunity for all students at UA. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villains." Aizawa tilted his head. 

"Uh, Why not?" Mineta snapped. "It's just a sports festival." 

Izuku turned in his seat to look at the small hero who had held his own at his side at the USJ, "Mineta do you not know how important this competition is?" Izuku asked. 

"Of course I do," He said and looked as rattled as he did two days ago. "I just don't want to get murdered." 

"Our sports festival is one of the most watched programs in the world." Aizawa spoke up again, "In the past everyone obsessed over the Olympics. But then quirks started to emerge. Since then the Olympics have drastically reduced in scale and viewership. For anyone who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters. The UA Sports Festival." 

"That's right and top heroes will be watching." Yaoyorozu said from behind them excitedly. "This is where you get scouted." 

"Sure, unless you're dead" Mineta said petulantly. Izuku stifled a snort. 

"She's right," Kaminari said, "After graduating a lot of heroes join pro agencies as a sidekick."

"Yeah but that's as far as some people go." Jirou threw in, the unfettered truth bubbled up from her. "They miss their chance to go independent and stay eternal sidekicks. Actually, that's probably where you're headed, you're kinda dumb." 

Izuku felt that there was a story there, but he didn't know what it was. Considering she snickered and he looked totally put out. 

"It's true that joining a pro agency can garner you greater experience and popularity. That's why the festival matters. If you want to go pro someday, this event can open that path for you." Aizawa said, "One chance a year, three times in your lifetime, no aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival. That means you'd better not slack off in your training."

"Yes sir!" The class intoned at the same time. 

"Class dismissed." 

 


 

The entire class was hyped, Izuku could feel the buzz in the room. He walked back to where Iida was standing up. "This is gonna be nuts, everyone is so excited." Izuku marveled.

"Well yeah, we're all at this school with the sole aim of becoming heroes." Iida said as he looked over the class and chopped his arm. "Naturally were all getting fired up. You have to be excited too, right Midoriya?" 

"Well of course I am." Izuku grins sharply. "It's like a huge dominance fight."

"Deku! Iida!" Uraraka got their attention and Izuku turned around to see her glaring up from her hair with a serious smile on her face. "Let's do our best at the festival!" 

"What's up with your face?" Izuku asked. 

"Seriously," Ashido popped her head over Izuku from where she had been talking to the other students. "What's up? You're normally like the most laid-back girl ever?" 

She was right, what was up with her? 

"Everyone!" Uraraka yelled and threw her arms up. "I'm gonna do my best!"

Was that a challenge? Her body language said it was. How was Izuku supposed to deal with that? He looked to Kacchan who was walking to the door. His mate just lifted an eyebrow. 'Don’t fucking look at me, she’s your shitty friend', that look said.

"I said I'm gonna do my best!" Uraraka antagonistically yelled at them. 

She was totally challenging them. 

"Yeah..." Someone said. 

"You okay?" 

"You kinda look like you're losing it..." 

They were right, she was taking it very seriously. Izuku waited for her to calm down and they headed to lunch. As they were walking Izuku thought back on his reasons for being there, and Iida's drive to be a hero like his brother. What was Uraraka's reason?

"Hey Uraraka?" Izuku got her attention as they walked, and she turned to them with a bright look. "Why did you decide to be a hero? Or really, what made you decide to be a pro hero?"

"Oh...well..." She looked at them shiftily and then away. "Because of.... money..." 

"Uh, for money?" Izuku blinked, he honestly wasn't expecting that. "You want to be a hero so you can get rich." 

"If you're cutting to the chase then yeah," She rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm sorry if that sounds greedy. You two have such admirable motivations. I hope you don't think less of me now." 

"Of course not your goal is to support your wellbeing which is an admirable goal to me." Iida said kindly. 

"It's just kind of surprising." Izuku laughed. 

"Well you see, my family owns a construction company. And we haven't gotten any work lately, so were flat broke." Uraraka explained and looked down, "This isn't something I usually tell other people." 

"Construction eh?" Iida mused. 

"If she got licensed, I bet she could use her quirk to bring costs down considerably." Izuku brainstormed. Iida seemed to have caught on as well. 

"And they could sell their heavy lifting equipment," Iida pressed his thumb to his chin in thought. "She could float everything." 

"I know right!" Uraraka exclaimed and took a few steps towards them. "I've been telling my dad that since I was a kid. But they wanted me to have my own dream." 

She looked away a little sadly and Izuku wanted to reach out and comfort her. His wolf side squirmed with the desire to make her smile. No future pack member should be sad. "I'm gonna go pro, sign with a good agency, and make plenty of money." Uraraka said, "Then I'll be able to let my parents have an easy life." 

Uraraka was the best kind of person. What a selfless dream to have. 

"That's beautiful! So noble! Bravo! Bravo!" Iida exclaimed teary eyed. Izuku smiled as well. She had a whole plan set. She wasn't here for a hero fantasy like most of the students were. She was so much more grounded than even him. She would make the best kind of beta. A pillar of strength and steadiness. 

All Might's laugh echoed in the hall and all three of them looked to where he was peeking around a corner. "Young Midoriya, is here!" 

That was kind of weird. 

"All Might, what are you doing here?" Izuku asked. 

"Lunch?" All Might held up a bento box wrapped with bunny printed cloth. He snorted at the cute offer. 

"That's adorable." Uraraka gasped in a whisper. 

"Sure thing," Izuku said as his friends practically shoved him at the hero. He waved and followed All Might to a secluded lounge. "Are you alright?"

 


 

Toshinori waved his student down and they sat across from each other. "I'm fine my boy," He said and Midoriya relaxed. "I feel very refreshed today. Being able to change into that wolf body wiped away any lingering fatigue from the fight. My wounds healed too." 

"I'm relieved." Izuku smiled, "How did you like it? We all had to leave so Aizawa Sensei could see the doctors." 

"It was... so different from what I was used to." Toshinori admitted. He'd felt wild, the instincts ran so high in his brain. It frightened him as much as it awed him. The email he'd received with a slew of video links had been helpful. He was making progress in understanding the wolf instincts that said one thing to him. His human mind was still saying the other. He would find a balance. 

"You both took well to it, I'm glad." Izuku smiled. "So what did you bring me here for?" 

"I can only transform for 50 minutes now." Toshinori informed. He opened his lunch and set his second bento down for his student. Midoriya thanked him and Toshinori waited for his alpha to eat before he set into his own. Immensely glad he could eat again. Providing his student, his alpha, with food settled the beast inside him. 

"Only 50 minutes." Midoriya mused as he looked at the box in his hands regretfully. 

"I overdid it too many times. That Nomu was a tough customer. It took a lot out of me. At this point I can barely even look like All Might." Toshinori said. Midoriya really needed to get used to this. These things happened. 

"I'm so sorry, I should have just-," Midoriya stumbled over some self-depreciation and Toshinori laughed suddenly. 

"You don't need to apologize for anything," Toshinori said and he patted his alphas trembling hands once. The touch seemed to soothe both of them. He always had the weight of the world on his shoulders, just like Midoriya seemed to. "Man we are alike you and me." 

Toshinori poured them both a cup of tea from the little heater on the table. He sat his alpha's down and waited for the boy to take a sip before starting on his own. "I brought you here to talk about the festival. You still can't use One For All properly. So what's your plan?" 

"I did use it once with no repercussions." Izuku remarked, "During the USJ incident. But I think that was just due to the Nomu's shock absorption" 

"It's progress, do you think you remember how that felt? Replicate that feeling?" Toshinori asked. He would be lying if he said he hadn't had his share of mishaps and broken bones. But his body was damn near made for One For All when he received it. 

"I'm not sure, I've been continuing to train and I can use it to ramp up my healing. But it's not enough to counteract the sheer amount of power. My bones can't handle it. And I can take more punishment than an average human can." Midoriya said and hummed. He started to eat and Toshinori got up to look out the window at the grounds around them. It was confession time. 

"I honestly don't have much time left as the Symbol of Peace." Toshinori gave voice to the feelings he'd had bubbling in him since he wasted his power the day of the USJ attack. "Pretty soon I'll have to put that title to bed." 

"No way..." Izuku leaned forward, "What about your werewolf side?" 

"I don't plan to use that for hero work. No doubt I could use it for good. But this is your power, like One For All is." Toshinori said. He'd been prepared from the moment he received One For All. He would need to find a successor one way or the other. "Villains are beginning to take notice that my time is shortening. Someone is going to have to step in and keep the peace." 

Toshinori turned from Midoriya's reflection. He looked right at him and their glowing eyes flared at the same time. "I gave you my power for one reason." He saw the seriousness in his student's eyes. "It will be you who takes my place. Do you still feel the way you did on that beach? Do you still want to be a hero?" 

He saw Midoriya's emotions as well as smelled them. Both upset and determination. What a strange combination. "The time has come for you to prove your determination. This sports festival is something the pros, no, the entire country will be watching very closely. I want you to think of this sports festival as your debut." Shock fell over his alpha's eyes. "You the fledgling symbol of peace, the next 'All Might'. Midoriya Izuku, I want you to introduce yourself to the world and say, I AM HERE!" 

*

Notes:

Did anyone see the new TMNT series. Not sure how I feel about it, but the humor is spot on and the animation is good. Finding it hard not to like it despite how skewed it is on TMNT lore.

Also... Castlevania season 2 OMG! 0.0 I'm so fucking pumped.

Still working on villain series. I'm not sure how to do it. Having a hard time of it. Might have to shelve it until I have a better grasp on a plot line.

Chapter 20: Roaring Sports Festival

Summary:

Izuku prepares for the start of the festival.

Notes:

Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

So, you know when you click save because you've finished a chapter before editing so nothing gets lost... and half of your fucking chapter doesn't save. Yeah... I'm raging right now.

I've sat my villain story to the side, as a lot of my ideas for it have kinda been done. So until I have a better plot worked out its still on the drawing board.

However, I'm planning a comedy christmas story for this. Overly humerous.

Also the companion shorts for this.

And I have ideas for an EraserMic with a genderbent Aizawa. Idk... I do genderbending sometimes, and the idea of a surly female Aizawa is tantilizing. Lol

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"I am here?" Izuku asked as he looked at his mentor. There's no way he was worthy for everything this man has given him. "But that's your catch phrase, what can I do?" 

"You know how the sports festival is set up right?" All Might grinned at him.

"Well yeah," Izuku blinked at his hero. "Students are split up by class year. Then the years are made up of the Hero, Business, Support and General Studies. They all fight against each other in a series of preliminary events. Whoever makes it through the qualifier games face off in the finals. It’s like a huge series of dominance fights."

"Right." All Might walked over and sat back down. He pointed both fingers at him, "Meaning you'll have plenty of opportunity to sell yourself." 

"I guess." Izuku sighed and All Might fell back as if he'd struck the sickly older wolf. "I'm sorry. I mean what you're saying as absolutely correct All Might! But honestly it’s kinda hard to get excited about this after everything that's happened. And I've got the world’s greatest hero teaching me. This is probably my only hope of getting scouted by an agency. I can't stand out too much, I still can't harness One For All right. Not without hurting myself. And I don't want anyone to see my werewolf side as scary..." 

He devolved into muttering, all the pitfalls of the festival pouring over his thoughts. 

"Man, no one is better at word vomit than you." All Might chuckled. He groaned and shook his head. 

"Oh, are you alright?" Izuku blinked back to his mentor, his muttering falling back to his internal monologue instead. 

"Some heroes aim for the top while others happily settle." All Might sat back up and looked at him seriously. "The difference between those two mindsets has a big impact on how far you go in the real world. I understand how you feel about your quirks. I may be projecting myself onto you a bit. I hope you haven't forgotten how you felt on that beach during out training." 

He was right, Izuku needed to work harder than everyone else. Izuku had inherited two quirks. One villainous, and the other an honor. He alone had to show the world they were good, they were useful. He needed to make All Might proud. Because he was sure his father would be proud. 

 


 

Izuku packed his bag up as the school day ended. He looked up as someone opened the door to their class and a crowd of other students were blocking the doorway. He frowned and walked over to where Uraraka was. "Uh... why the heck are you all here?" She gasped. 

"Do you students have some sort of business with our class?" Iida stepped up to take charge of the situation. Izuku watched his peer students in confusion then he looked back to his mate. 

"Why are you blocking our doorway?" Mineta demanded from where he stood just behind Uraraka. "I won't let you hold us hostage!" 

"They're here scouting the competition, idiots." Kacchan rumbled as he moved up and ran his hand down Izuku's back. Then he walked to where the crowd was. "We're the class that survived a real villain attack. They want to see us with their own eyes." 

Izuku could feel his mates glare get directed at the gathered masses outside their class. Mineta pointed at Izuku's mate with panic in his eyes. He sensed an explosion, so Izuku waved to placate his small friend. "Let's just hope he doesn't explode anyone." Izuku smiled warily. 

"At least now you know what a future pro looks like." Kacchan growled at everyone in front of him, "Now move it extras." 

"You can’t walk around calling your fellow students extras." Iida chided, "Just because you don't know who they are."

"A-Ah, don't pick fights Kacchan!" Izuku called, this was too big of a group to fight. And his mate would just relish it if it happened. 

"So this is class 1-A," A tired voice sounded from the crowd. A student weaved his way to the front. His purple hair was pushed back from his face and he had deep bags under his eyes. He looked a lot like Aizawa Sensei. He felt similar even, smelled of Linen and Lavender. Weird, bedtime smells. "I heard you guys were impressive. But you just sound like an ass. Is everyone on the hero class as deluded as you?" 

Oh, shit! Izuku looked at his mate and took a few steps closer to hopefully get between his mate and the other student. He could see his mate's temper fraying as his shoulders tightened.  

"It's sad to come here and find a bunch of ego maniacs." The boy sighed at them. "I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others I was forced to choose a different track. Such is life." 

"Tch," Kacchan glared at the other boy. Izuku was ready to get into the fray.

"I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance." This student gave off threatening vibes. Predatory even. Was he aware his mannerisms were very animal like? "If any of us do well in the sports festival the teachers can decide to transfer us into the hero course. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room." 

The threat was clear as day and Izuku suddenly realized he wasn't picking a fight with Kacchan. He was picking a fight with everyone. "Scouting the competition, maybe my peers are. But I'm here to let you know that if you don't bring your very best...I'll steal your spot right out from under you. This is a declaration of war." 

Izuku's hackles raised and his teeth sharpened as he bared them at the gathered students. Kacchan lifted one hand to keep him back, as if he'd sensed Izuku's reaction. This boy... he was an alpha. A threat to Izuku's rank, to his placement, to his packs placement. 

"Hey You! I'm in class 1-B right next to you." A boy yelled from the crowd. he had gray hair and a mutation around his eyes. "I heard you fought some villains and I came to see if that was true. But you're just a bunch of brats who think you're better than us!"

Crap, everyone hated their class. 

"Bark all you want; it'll be more embarrassing when you're KO'ed." Kacchan growled before he turned to look at Izuku and walked past the crowd. They moved out of his way. That was the calmest his mate had ever been. 

"Don't you ignore me!" The gray haired 1-B student yelled. 

"Dude where are you going?!" Kirishima yelled. "You gotta say something. It's your fault they're hating on us!" 

"These people don't matter." Kacchan growled as he walked through the crowd. He looked back. 

"Huh?" Kirishima said. 

"The only thing that's important is that I beat them." Kacchan said simply and walked out of the crowd and vanishing from sight. 

"Hey! I'm coming for you!" That student yelled again. 

"I hate that that was such a manly exit!" Kirishima yelled in exasperation. 

"We have to beat them, he's not wrong." Tokoyami cut in. 

"Yeah but this sucks!" Kaminari moaned. "He made them our enemies." 

"Yeah that's right." Mineta agreed. 

Izuku's mind flashed to the tearful confession his mate gave him after their first real battle against each other. His mates drive to be better, to prove to the world he deserved to be at UA. That he deserved to rise to the number one spot. That he deserved Izuku. He wasn't just fucking around like their classmates thought. Izuku's mind had been on everyone's goals the whole day. This was his mates, the goal to succeed over everything else. Kacchan's declaration had cemented their bond. And now it awakened what Izuku was originally fighting for. 

He had wanted to be a hero; he had wanted to prove to the world he wasn't his progenitor. Those days on the beach had given him drive. Drive the villain attack had smacked into the dirt. He wasn't good enough there. But he could be, he could be if he fought for it. Izuku slapped his hand on the doorway and the gathered crowd looked at him. 

"You challenged my whole class." Izuku snarled baring his teeth. "As my mate said, all that matters is that we beat you." 

With that in place he took off down the hall. He saw his mate and caught up. He threaded their fingers together and his mate looked at him before sharply looking aside in embarrassment. "Let's go on a date Kacchan. I know we'll be training too hard to make time for it leading up to the festival." 

"Fine." Kacchan sounded like he'd been totally forced. But Izuku just smiled and tugged his mate along.

  


 

Katsuki followed his boyfriend out to a cafe. The one they frequented the most. They served the spicy coffee Katsuki preferred. So he watched as his partner swatted him to keep him from paying. So Katsuki took his coffee and Deku joined him at a window table. 

Deku's drink was some overly sugary monstrosity. His boyfriend only ever drank two types of coffee, disgustingly sugary things, and black as tar coffee. Deku sipped his drink overly sensually and Katsuki growled at the sexy sight. "Hey Kacchan," Deku said and slid his fingers up Katsuki's pulse point. "Let's make bet." 

"A bet?" Katsuki looked into his boyfriend's eyes. He blinked innocently but there was heat in those glowing eyes. "You challenging me, Deku?" 

"Well," Deku smirked. "It worked so well the first time we fought each other." 

A hot wave of lust went straight to Katsuki's dick as he remembered their fight. If he ignored his emotional shit that was the hottest fight they had ever had. "What is going through that shitty head of yours?" 

"I just want to up the stakes a bit." De-no Izuku, it was Izuku when he looked at Katsuki like that. "How about at the end of the event, whoever wins between the two of us gets a prize?"

"A prize," Katsuki smirked evilly, "And if that prize is to have you on your knees sucking my dick?" 

"Then I'll do just that." Izuku licked his straw back into his mouth. Mother fuck that was hot. Just the thought that after a long day of fighting, furthering his claim to the future number one spot as a hero; that he could look down and see that pretty mouth wrapped around his cock. Fuck. 

"You're on," Katsuki growled and Izuku smiled sweetly at him. There was a catch he knew, but the idea of sweetening any fight they had to be in with a personal bet. That was enough to make Katsuki pay attention. The fucking nerd knew him too well. "You'd better not regret it Izuku. Because I'm coming to collect.:" 

"We'll see Katsuki," Izuku teased. "I’m aiming for the top." 

 


 

Two weeks of hard training passed in a blur. The morning of the event had Izuku packing his bag and getting into his shoes. He checked over his form to get his hero boots released for the festival. He turned to see his mother fidgeting behind him. "Be careful Izuku honey, don't get hurt." 

"I won't," He smiled to reassure her. He wasn't planning to use One For All if he could avoid it. 

"I-I'll record the whole thing in HD!" She said nervously and reached out as he stood up. She cupped his cheek smiled proudly at him. "Do your best son." 

"I will." He leaned forward and hugged her scenting her to ease her nervousness. Then he stepped back, "Alright I'm off!" 

He took off out of his apartment and made his way to the station where he met up with Kacchan. They hadn't seen much of each other outside of classes and training. He knew his mate had been training himself to do more without his hero gear. The strain his quirk put on his body was immense. But his mate wouldn't break. Kacchan was always improving. 

Izuku tucked himself under his mate's arm on the train and they walked to the UA campus hand in hand. The grounds around the arena were packed with people already there. Food stalls lined the walkways and Izuku inhaled the delicious aroma. He would need to come back after everything. He spotted heroes in the crowd acting as security and it was only Kacchan's grip on him and muttered curses that kept Izuku from racing off to get autographs. 

They made it into the arena and followed the directions to the floor where the First Years were getting ready. He drew to a stop and grabbed Kacchan's hand. They looked at one another and Kacchan leaned forward to press their foreheads together. "After we go in there were competing against each other." Izuku breathed. 

"You'd better give it all you fucking have Izuku," Kacchan growled. "Don't forget I'm collecting my prize." 

"So you think," Izuku grinned and leaned onto his tiptoes to press their mouths together. "I'm playing to win today." 

Kacchan's hand slid into his hair and he deepened the kiss. Izuku melted into it before they broke away. That kiss was a promise, a threat, and an inevitability. He looked forward to them going forward and impressing the world. 

Izuku entered the locker room where most of his class was gathered. He paced off to the locker where his gear was and took it to the bathroom to change. He wore a gym uniform and slid his hero boots on. His way he could change shape all he wanted without ruining another pair of his red shoes. He was getting tired of replacing those. Once changed Izuku went back into the room and set himself separate to center himself and get his mind in order. 

He spent a good fifteen minutes shifting into his wolf man form and human form. His blood was pumping, and he stretched and warmed himself up. Who knew what they were going to throw at them. He wanted to be ready. 

"Midoriya." A cold voice drew Izuku out of a set of squats and he looked up to see Todoroki was looking him in the eye. Izuku frowned as he approached and kept his gaze on the two-tone eyes before him. 

"Yeah, what’s up Todoroki?" Izuku asked. 

"From an objective standpoint I think it's fairly certain I'm stronger than you." Todoroki informed. Izuku felt his eyebrows raise. 

"Maybe...yeah," Izuku agreed, Todoroki was crazy powerful. But Power wasn't everything in a fight. Kacchan had taught him that. His mate cheated in fist fights sometimes. 

"Deku!" Kacchan snarled. Izuku lifted his hand to still his mate, much as Kacchan had when he was facing down the other classes

"However, you've got All Might in your corner." Todoroki said and Izuku felt his hackles raise. Just how much had Todoroki figured out? "I don't care what's going on between you two. I'm not here to pry. But know this, I'm going to beat you." 

Izuku had taken note of the aggressive posture Todoroki had, the narrowed eyes still locked with his. This was a blatant challenge to him. Sure the other classes had challenged their class as a whole. But he had never received a personal challenge like this outside of Kacchan. 

"How many declarations of war are we gonna see?" Kaminari gasped. 

"Yeah what’s your deal why are you picking a fight all of a sudden?" Kirishima approached Todoroki and placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"Were not here to be making friends." Todoroki shook Kirishima's hand off. "Don't forget this isn't a team event." 

"Wait a second Todoroki," Izuku cut in as the dual colored teen started to turn away. "I don't know what's going on in your head. But you just challenged me. I don't know if you knew that looking me in the eyes was a direct way to ensure I would answer it or not. You might be stronger than me. You may even have more potential than anyone here. That's why is was so easy for you to get in." 

"Whoa Midoriya, aren't you being a little harsh?" Kirishima stepped between them and Izuku bared his teeth and growled. It wasn't his place to tell Izuku if he could respond to a challenge or not. 

"No, those other classes are coming for us." Izuku tilted his head back threateningly. "With everything they've got. We've all got to stand out and make an impression. But you challenged me Todoroki, and I don't think you know what that means." 

Todoroki blinked at him and looked away suddenly. Izuku rumbled aggressively. "It's going to be a dominance fight between us now. I want you to know I'm aiming for the top." 

"Fine." Todoroki huffed. 

Kacchan glared at him as he turned away. "You challenged the wrong fucking person Icy Hot. If you beat Deku, I'll explode you until there's nothing left of you." Kacchan said sternly. "You can't challenge one Alpha without challenging both halves of the pair." 

They glared in a showdown and Izuku's wolf nearly purred in his mind. Any challenge dealt to him was automatically shared with his mate. That's just how Izuku's biology worked now. Todoroki looked away as Iida opened the locker room door breaking the tension. He realized the entire class had been watching. They weren't a pack, he reminded himself. If he lost he wouldn't lose face with them. He just needed to keep reminding himself of that.  

 


 

The roar of the crowd deafened Izuku for a moment. It took him a few seconds to adjust but Izuku's class joined the other first years as they gathered around the stage where The Rated-R Hero: Midnight stood. She waved to the crowd and looked down at them, she was dressed far too scantily as always. "Silence everyone!" She cracked her flogger and the crowd swooned for her. "Now for the student pledge! Bakugou Katsuki!" 

Izuku looked at his mate in shock, "You're the first-year rep?" 

Kacchan ran his hand up his back before stuffing his hands in his pockets. Izuku watched Kacchan saunter up onto the stage and stand before the microphone. The crowd died down, eager to hear what Kacchan had to say. How to introduce their year, how to inspire them all. Izuku had a bad feeling about Kacchan being their representative. But he did have the highest scores in the practical exam. "I just wanna say," Kacchan's gravelly voice cut over the assembled first years. "I'm gonna win." 

He was immediately booed by the first years. Izuku face palmed. Of course his mate would decide to challenge their entire year. He should have known better. Through all the jeering massed Izuku reminded himself that his mate wasn't overconfident. The calm serene look on his face as he walked through the first years said as much. This was just how Kacchan could say that he was going for the top. He wouldn't rest until he'd achieved his goals. Kacchan's red eyes speared him before he walked by and bumped their shoulders. They were competitors now. 

Izuku wasn't going to lose. 

"Without further ado," Midnight's strong alpha female voice ran over the entire stadium with all the authority of the host she was. "It's time to get started, what will the first event be?" 

She threw her hand up in a pose and a massive hologram of a slot reel appeared. It rolled too fast to tell what all the choices would be. But finally it stopped at their first game. "An Obstacle race!" Midnight announced. "This is where you begin feeling the pain! All eleven classed will face off in a treacherous 4 km race around this very arena! As long as you stay on the course, anything goes. Do whatever your heart’s desire!" 

They were directed to the tunnel leading out Izuku looked at the massive herd of people they made. This was going to get hectic fast. He needed to find a way thought that didn't end up in him trampled. Memories of losing control in the emergency situation flooded his mind. He didn't have Kacchan to save him this time. He needed to think of another way out. He unzipped his jacket and rolled his shoulders. his werewolf form took over and he crouched down. 

"Begin!" 

Izuku launched himself into the air and jammed his clawed fingers into the concrete walls of the tunnel. He jumped wall to wall until he was near the exit. Bypassing the swarm of people below entirely. He saw Todoroki sprinting ahead of the group and he rolled to place his hand on the ground. "Apologies," The teen's voice cut through the clamoring shouts behind him. 

Izuku jumped off the wall and transformed into his full wolf form. He saw the ground and the walls of the tunnel ice over. He could hear shouts of protest and knew Todoroki had frozen them to the ground. Good thing Izuku's paws were made to run across ice. He landed and saw a few other students from his class had the right idea about avoiding Todoroki's ice. Aoyama was using his naval laser to fly above everyone. Yaoyorozu had made a pipe to vault herself through the air. Kirishima looked like he had just torn himself free. Mineta was using his balls to avoid touching the ground. And Kacchan was flying over everyone with his explosions. 

"Nice Trick Todoroki!" Yaoyorozu yelled as she landed. 

"I won't let you get away so easily you Icy Hot bastard!" Kacchan yelled. Izuku watched Todoroki sprint off and he took off to follow. He was closing the distance watching Kacchan and Mineta keeping pace with him. Mineta pulled ahead when he was smacked out of the air. Izuku slid to a halt when he saw the clearing ahead of them. Their first obstacle. The clearing was filled with robots from the entrance exam. 

Todoroki crouched and placed his hand on the ground behind him. "I know they went through a lot of trouble to put this together. But I wish they had prepared something a little more difficult!" Todoroki yelled and swept his hand up. A torrential wave of ice coated the robots closest to him. They halted their movement and Todoroki looked back at them. "Sorry, but I'm going ahead!" 

Then he ran through the clusters of robots. Izuku started forward a step when the sound of the ice cracking drew his attention. The robots were off balance! 

*

Notes:

if you guys see any mistakes let me know I rewrote this twice because part of it was erased instead of saving before editing. So if it doesn't stay edited let me know

Chapter 21: In Their Own Quirky Ways

Summary:

Izuku wins the obstacle race.

Notes:

Fresh and no longer raging. Good day to not freak out at a computer for dicking me over T.T

Anyways enjoy the chapter. As always I'm having fun putting a werewolf spin on everything.

Chapter Text

The robot fell with a resounding thud that shook the ground beneath Izuku's paws. He glared at the dust rising all around them. He was certain some of the students had been down there. He's also heard Todoroki warning them to be careful. Had he frozen the robots weakly to cause them to fall? They were all competing, but actively causing harm... in a non-duel type format... Izuku growled. 

Suddenly the robot started to emit banging noises. And Izuku boggled as Kirishima punched his way out of the robot's interior. "Wah! Todoroki! I can't believe that guy would pull something like this!" Kirishima yelled as he dragged his hardened body out of the metal. "If that had been anyone else they would have died!" 

Izuku saw the other robots closing in and looked around, trying to find his path through. Another round of metal bending and being smashed and another student, one from the hallway, burst out as well. Like Kirishima he had a skin quirk. Only instead of hardening into rock, his skin became steel. "Class 1-A really is full of jerks. I'll smash that ice guy when I get my hands on him. If that had been anyone other than me they would have died!" 

Izuku snorted when the two sturdy students noticed each other. He wanted to laugh but he was in his wolf form and he could spend time doing so later. He turned his gaze sharply to the side as he saw his mate volleying explosions from hand to hand to blast himself above another large robot. He landed and a few others followed him up. Sero and Tokoyami making use of their distance quirks. Izuku was impressed. 

He looked away to find his own path and saw the other students cutting through the robots much like the entrance exam. So he raced forward weaving through and leapt at a robot in his way. His jaws crunched down on a neck joint. He must have gotten stronger, because his jaws dented the metal and tore connecting wires. He leapt off just as it exploded and was home free. A plate of the robot Kirishima destroyed was in his path and spied a giant robot arm coming at him in the exact same moment. So he lunged, flipped the plate up with one paw and kicked it with both hind legs. 

The metal sung thought he air and speared the hand reaching for him. It sliced clean through. Izuku bared his fangs in victory and slipped onto the pathway to the next obstacle. He tore up the distance with only Kacchan and Todoroki ahead. Sero and Tokoyami were hindered by being unable to latch onto anything on the course now. So he bypassed them quickly. 

A large area opened up and Izuku was suddenly confused on how they managed to do the things they did with the landscape. A huge leg of the race was cut up into a gorge with precariously small but towering landing points. He changed as he ran and lumbered to his werewolf legs. He kept going, leaping across and closing great distances easily. He paid no attention to things behind him. His gaze instead fell on Kacchan and Todoroki ahead of him. 

He made the mistake of looking down and saw the drop off was nearly thirty feet below. Some people behind him were already falling or shouting in dismay. Closing the distance seemed to be an issue for them. His claws dug in when he slipped. His newfound muscles, bulked even more in this form, easily kept him from plummeting like so many others. He cleared it and switched back into his wolf form. Some of the other students had caught up, even getting to the next obstacle, but he wasn't deterred. 

Izuku saw a plume of pink smoke explode from the ground. He saw the reason before he neared the next clearing. The ground was peppered with loose soil. And as he saw explosions popping up under the other students, it was a mine field. Of course it was. He couldn't stop, he just needed to be fast, he needed to aim for the regular dirt between the upturned and buried mines. 

He blitzed through, tucking his head low and ears back. The explosions he did trigger wafted across his fur and almost made him lose his footing, but he refused to go down. His paws tore up the distance where Todoroki and Kacchan were trying to fight each other without triggering the mines. As he got close his mate noticed him, "Deku what the fuck do you think you're doing?!" 

Izuku swept between them and pulled his lips back to expose his teeth in a jeering smile. That seemed to stop them from fighting each other, instead they scrambled after him. They were drawing closer, and the mine field was almost cleared. He had to do something if he expected to win. He looked to where Kacchan was glaring ahead, and where Todoroki was freeing the ground to run over. Izuku aimed for the grouping of mines at the edge, he planted his paws on as many as he could triggering a huge explosion he just made it through. His tail swishing through the smoke. 

Suddenly unhindered Izuku tore off. He heard his mate's enraged screams and saw the two challengers were hot on his tail. The arena loomed ahead of them and Izuku put on a huge burst of speed. It wasn't enough to keep the gap though; his mate was back to using explosions to catch up. Todoroki was trying to lay down ice to stop them. Izuku panted but refused to let it stop him. He pushed ahead and leapt into the air, the distance to the edge of the tunnel cleared. He landed before Kacchan and Todoroki, a full head in front of them. 

He landed in a crouch, seeing no one around him. He'd won, he'd won! He threw his head back and howled. It boomed and carried deeply into the air. The crowd went wild. He changed back when his victorious bay sputtered out of his throat. His jacket fell stretched over his chest, but he grinned widely. Tears filled his eyes. He hoped that was a good first introduction. He wanted All Might to be proud. 

 


 

Katsuki panted as he crouched and caught his breath. He watched the rest of the participants make their way into the arena again. His arms shook with fatigue. But he wasn't done, he couldn't fucking believe he let himself get distracted by that fucking Icy Hot asshole. Deku pulled a fast one on him. Fuck!

What did the nerd want for a prize anyways? 

"The first game for the first years is over!" Midnight yelled from on the stage. "And what a game it was. Let's take a look at the rankings!"

  1. Midoriya Izuku
  2. Todoroki Shouto
  3. Bakugou Katsuki

Mother Fuck! Katsuki couldn't believe that bastard who challenged his boyfriend beat him. He needed to do fucking better. He couldn't lose to that asshole. He had to win. He watched the rankings and noticed his entire class made it within the top forty contestants. He has to win this, he had to show the world what he could do. He needed Deku to see him as the future number one. He wanted to compete with his boyfriend, fight for the top together. 

"Only the top 42 were the best and will move forward to the next round!" Midnight announced. "But don't feel bad if you didn't make the cut. There are still plenty of opportunities for you to shine." 

Katsuki wiped his sweat and shook his shirt out. He looked at the stage as that reel hologram popped back up. "Now the real fun is about to begin!" Midnight announced, "The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight. Give it your best and see what we have in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasies come to life?" 

He fucking hoped not, he really didn't want to have Deku suck him off in front of the whole world. That was for his eyes alone. 

"What will it be the waiting is torture!" Midnight was really a bit much Katsuki thought. Who was into that kind of stuff? She struck a pose and Katsuki felt his eye twitch. "Prepare yourselves for... the cavalry battle!"

The image of students working together to hold one leader up flashed on the hologram screen. He hadn't played that since grade school. He clenched his fists. A team event, he hadn't really prepared for that. Having to rely on anyone else wasn't up his alley. But that was the cards he was dealt Katsuki looked at his boyfriend as they tallied the points up. His mate was worth ten million points. Katsuki felt a wicked smirk tear across his face. He was going to have to win no matter the cost. He'd make the loss up to Deku later.  

*

Chapter 22: Strategy, Strategy, Strategy

Summary:

Calvalry Battle!

Notes:

So I'm about ass deep in drafting a Fem!Eraserhead series. Just yeah.

So I'm not exactly foreseeing an end to it as it's pretty much AU with only a few things about Aizawa's past said. I've seen some pretty cool headcanon involving EraserMic, Aizawa's past, and even my super cute troll Shinsou. Love it, developing my own. Expect it soon.

Since don't have an end to that and I'm starting with Aizawas entrance to UA, if you got a prompt you'd like to see in a Fem!Eraserhead fic throw it in. Main Pairing to be Fem!Aizawa/Male!Yamada. I'll take anything and if it sounds good to fit into the story I'llput it in and tag you in the summery.

Let's all have fun!

Chapter Text

"Forty-two of you qualified to move on to the next round!" Midnight was commentating like a game show host. She was so flashy, and the crowd absolutely loved her. In class she was a scary teacher. "A cavalry battle, those of you at the top will suffer the most. That's something you'll be hearing a lot of here at UA!"

The last time Izuku played a cavalry battle type game he'd been in kindergarten. Once when he was quirkless, he'd tripped, and their team dropped Kacchan. The other time was after he got his quirk. He didn't drop his mate then, no they'd won. But this time he wasn't playing with Kacchan, he was playing against Kacchan. 

"Midoriya Izuku came in first place, he'll be worth ten million points!" Midnight announced. Izuku stiffened as it felt like every single person turned at the same time to look at him. Even his friends looked at him with horrific intent. He was so dead! "First years! These are the rules you will abide by! The game itself will last fifteen minutes and individual point values will be combined for each team. The combined value will be printed on your headband for everyone to see how much you're worth. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your team's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. If your team gets their band stolen, or falls down, you can keep playing until the time is up!" 

That was a relief. If Izuku lost his headband, and he might judging by how everyone was watching him, he could get it back and fight to win the event. "This is going to be rough. You can use your quirks as much as you want. But there are still rules. Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card. You'll be disqualified. You've got fifteen minutes, form your teams!" 

Izuku thought on his situation. It didn't matter if his points were the highest. Everyone was going to be gunning for him. He needed a team of the right people. His mind supplied him with the idea of a hunting party. He would need people who complimented his abilities, who he trusted to have his back. Who did he feel comfortable hunting with?

 


 

A crowd had formed around Katsuki. A few of the classmates of 1-A were surrounding him. Each one begging him to choose them for his team. He blinked and frowned at them all. "Wait... remind me of your names and quirks again." He demanded. 

"Bakugou, hey!" That was Shitty Hair. Katsuki turned away from the outrage the extras were throwing at him. "I was gonna try Todoroki, but his team was already full. So we should totally team up!" 

"Hey Shitty Hair." Katsuki greeted and frowned at him. 

"My name is Kirishima! And my hair isn't that much different from yours!" Shitty Hair yelled back with a smirk. "Come on you want to be the rider right? So you're gonna need a strong front horse. One who won’t be hurt by your blasts, that'd be me." 

Katsuki had wondered if this idiot could handle his explosions. He did survive having a robot dropped on him. "Hm," Katsuki grunted and thought over his strategy. If he thought about it, this was like having his own elite unit. A squad that would complement his abilities and enhance his strengths. "I need someone with guts." 

"My quirk is made for this." Shitty Hair urged with a wide sharp toothed grin taking over his face. "I've got you covered. Let's go charging into battle again! Ten Million, bring it on!" 

Damn, he knew just how to get Katsuki fired up. A dark smile took over his face to match the one of the beta he'd chosen. 

 


 

Izuku walked through the crowds of teams forming around him. Just who would work best with him? "Deku!" The shout of his nickname, without the gravelly tone he was used to, meant only one person. He turned as Uraraka ran up to him with a grin. "Let's team up!"

"Are you sure?" Izuku frowned, he really was having a hard time picking team members. He felt like he was going to cause them trouble. "Everyone's going to be after me and my stupid ten million points." 

"If we run away the whole time we'll win right?" She laughed. 

"I think you're either overestimating me or underestimating everyone else." Izuku laughed and scratched his neck nervously. 

"Phooey!" She grinned widely and planted her hands on her hips. "Anyways it's best to team up with people you like." 

His heart squeezed. Damn she was such a ray of happiness and sunlight. It was like when his mother was cute, he was defenseless against it. He teared up and grinned back at her. "Actually I wanted to team up with you too. Thanks a lot!" He tried to suck up his emotional tears. "You're right though, it's best for the game if we have good communication within the team." 

She nodded excitedly and they set off to find Iida. It wasn't hard to find him but when they did Izuku asked him to join. "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I must refuse your offer." Iida said and looked only mildly regretful. 

"Huh?" Izuku and Uraraka asked at the same time. 

"Since this all started I've been losing to you." Iida looked down and sighed heavily. "Please don't take this as an insult. I consider you a great friend. But if I continue to follow you I'll never get stronger. Bakugou and Todoroki have challenged you already. They aren't the only ones who consider you a rival. Midoriya, I'll try my best to defeat you." 

Izuku fought not to let his mind accept that challenge. This was going to be his beta, he had to acknowledge the challenge.

"What Iida?!" Uraraka exclaimed and Izuku looked his friend in the eye and nodded. 

It had already begun; everyone was going to be an enemy. All competing to be the best, for that number one slot. Izuku was currently at the top and everyone was going to be gunning for him. He couldn't rely on easy outs. Not this time. 

"Oh perfect you're still alone!" A bubbly voice exclaimed from behind Izuku. He turned to find a girl racing over. She had pink dreaded hair; big goggles pushed up onto her forehead. Her eyes were gold with what looked like a stylized cross hairs in the iris. Was that her quirk? Izuku inhaled as he looked over all the support gear she was wearing. She smelled like engine oil, and metallic steam. She giggled as she got right into his face. "And you're the star! Team up with me person in first place!"

"You're way too close." Izuku gasped and backed up. "Who are you?" 

"I'm a student in the support course!" She grinned happily. "Name's Hatsume Mei!"

"Oh I saw you in the obstacle race!" Uraraka said. 

"We haven't met, but I'd like to use your current fame to my personal advantage." Hatsume giggled and kept her gaze looked on him. She was incredibly straight forward. "If I team up with you then I'll be in the spotlight. Part of the team that everyone is watching. Then my cute little babies will be seen by the big company CEO's who are tuning into this festival. Following that reasoning this is the best way for me and my marvelous gadgets to get recruited!"

Was this what it was like when he was mumbling?

She unearthed a case she had strapped to her back. She opened it and inside lay an assortment of support gear. Where did she keep hiding this stuff? "The support course specializes in creating equipment that helps heroes deal with their quirks and enhance their skills. I had a ton of babies to bring with me. I'm sure you'll find something you like from my arsenal." 

She was energetic, bordering on manic. She could be a good ranking member of the pack, someone to distract and help. He looked into the case and his eyes narrowed, was that a jet pack? "Oh I see one caught your eye. I based this on a superhero’s jet pack. Of course I added my own twist."

"Buster Hero Airjack?!" Izuku asked, he looked at her and her eyes sparkled with delight. "I love that guy!" 

"Isn't he awesome?!" She squealed. He'd never met another nerd before! Not at his level, and clearly Hatsume was at his level.

"I like you," Izuku grinned. "Join my team."  

Not being able to team up with Iida was a tough blow. But he now had Uraraka and Hatsume. He only needed one more person to balance out their strengths. He knew just the person. He twisted on his feet and looked around sharply. He saw the last member of his team. Izuku just hoped he hadn't already decided to join someone else. Izuku stumbled forward and steeled his nerves. He was asking a lot of someone. He needed the confidence expected of an Alpha. Izuku reached out and touched his targets shoulder. "Join me." 

 


 

Izuku settled into the hold of his team Uraraka on his left, Hatsume on his right, and Tokoyami in front. "You ready? Uraraka?"

She nodded at him resolutely. 

"Hatsume?" She giggled and Izuku smiled. 

"Tokoyami?" Izuku looked ahead as he tied his headband on. 

"Yes," Tokoyami's deep fierce voice gave Izuku a feeling of relief. 

"Then Let's do this!" Izuku growled and let his wolf man form change his fingers and arms. His senses sharpened, and when he looked forward he saw all the other teams ready as well. 

"Begin!" Midnight called. 

"Alright, they're all going to be coming for us!" Izuku warned as his blood pumped and he tracked all the teams streaking for them suddenly. Two ran for them first, the closest to where they had built up. It was a team that held that steel skin student. And the other was of Izuku's fellow students. Led by Hagakure. She was only wearing pants, was she half naked?!

"They're not even giving us a chance eh?" Tokoyami rumbled. "Such is the fate of the pursued. Make your choice Midoriya!" 

"That's easy," Izuku said sternly. He felt his team shuffle awaiting his orders. "We're running away!" 

There were too many enemies for them to lose formation over. 

"I don't think so!" That steel student, Tetsutetsu his name was. The student in the front of his team looked down and the ground beneath Izuku's team started to sink in. Tokoyami grunted. 

"We're sinking." Izuku marveled. What a cool quirk!

"No good I can’t get us out!" Uraraka informed as her hands shifted to brush her fingers over all of them. Despite the weightlessness it seemed the ground was swallowing their legs up. He hadn't wanted to use their trump card too soon, but they were in a bind. 

"Uraraka, Hatsume, watch your heads!" Izuku ordered. They both ducked closer to his knees and he bent forward. He held out the switch of Hatsume's device strapped to his back. The jet pack roared to life and Their linked bodies lifted from the ground easily. The force of the jet pack, paired with Uraraka's quirk was truly the best kind of combo. They soared up high into the air. 

"After them!"

"Jirou now!" Hagakure yelled. Izuku looked back to see Jirou's ear jacks speeding towards them. He'd heard she could crack concrete with those things. Before they could make contact however, a dark shadow whirled around their team and smacked the offensive attack away from them. It swept back to check over all of them. 

"Good work," Tokoyami spoke to the bird like shape and looked down. "Please continue to cover our blind spots Dark Shadow." 

"Got it,” Dark Shadow spoke. 

"Wow that's seriously cool!" Izuku spoke as Dark Shadow roved around them, inspecting their flanks and keeping an eye on the teams below with its golden gaze. "Your quirk can cover our omni-directional defenses. Tokoyami, you're amazing!"

"You are the one that chose me." Tokoyami intoned. Maybe Asui wasn't the only other student who understood Izuku's animal instincts. Clearly Tokoyami did as well. 

"Were landing!" Uraraka informed and her legs shot out at the same time Hatsume's did. The hover boots exerted enough force to slow their descent and land easily. Hatsume's gadgets were really something. 

"So what do you think of my babies?!" Hatsume looked up at Izuku. "Aren’t they just precious? Cuteness can be manufactured you know!"

"You’re babies are amazing Hatsume!" Izuku grinned widely at her and jerked his gaze up to see who was after them next. 

Izuku twisted as strange laughter got his attention. Coming up from their side was Shoji, his tentacle arms were bent back creating a shield over his back. Who was in there?

"We need breathing room!" Tokoyami called, indicating other teams were advancing on them. They were going to be swarmed again so soon?! "We can't be trapped between multiple opponents!"

Uraraka gasped and Izuku looked down at her sharply. "Is something wrong?" 

"I'm stuck!" She exclaimed. Izuku looked down and stuck on the edge of the hover boot was one of Mineta's balls. Was Mineta on Shoji's back?

"Hi Midoriya!" Mineta waved from the shadow of Shoji's protective shell. That was damn creepy. Izuku felt his lips pull back from his teeth in a snarl. 

"Is that even allowed?" Izuku hissed. 

"Judges say yes!" Midnight called from the stage and clearly Izuku wasn't the only one questioning that move. Suddenly Asui's tongue flashed out from that shell and Izuku just barely dodged the attack. He knew how strong she was, there was no way he was letting her hit him or stick his headband! 

"Impressive moves as usual!" She croaked and popped up from the shadows of Shoji's back as well. She looked equally as creepy!  Suddenly they launch an attack of her tongue lashing out while Mineta hurled balls at them. 

"Quickly we must move!" Tokoyami yelled. Izuku hissed and reactivated the jet pack, they had to make an exit, and hopefully with them weightless once more they could dislodge Mineta's ball. They vaulted into the air and Izuku heard the breaking of Uraraka's hover boot. It's base remained on the ground while they shot into the air. 

"Uah! My babies' ruined!" Hatsume screeched. 

"Sorry!" Uraraka called. 

"At least we got away!" Izuku settled them back into calm. He turned to look and check their flight pattern when his eyes widened in horror. 

Kacchan had detached from his team and was using his explosions to fly up to them, "Kacchan?!" 

"Don't think for a second you're safe up here!" Kacchan yelled and vaulted at them, his arm snapped out aiming right for Izuku's head. "I've got you now!" 

"Tokoyami!" Izuku screamed. Dark Shadow whipped up and spread over them all as an explosion burned into the air around them. The force of the explosion forced Kacchan away from them and blew them some distance away. 

"What the hell was that?!" Kacchan snarled. Sero shot tape up into the air and it wrapped around Kacchan to drag him back to them. 

"Is that even allowed?" Present Mic's voice over the intercom cut through Izuku's focus. 

"Technically he never touched the ground, so it's OK!" Midnight made her call. Damn, Kacchan was insane. 

Izuku paid attention as they landed and watched as despite one broken boot Uraraka managed to hold them until they touched down. "Nicely done guys." 

"It's difficult to control where were going with just one foot," Uraraka informed. 

"I understand." They couldn't afford to escape into the air again. If their movement was limited they needed to survive on the ground. This was within Izuku's contingencies. But they still had increased mobility thanks to Uraraka's quirk. Pairing that with Tokoyami would be their strategy now. 

 


 

"Fuck!" Katsuki yelled as he climbed up from his teams arms. He was so damn close. If only Bird Face hadn't gotten in the way. He rolled back into a standing position and glared at where his boyfriend was. He hadn't expected that complete defense. Damn Deku had thwarted him. 

"Your class is so small minded." A smarmy voice intoned from behind Katsuki. He felt the passage of someone's team, but it was Pinky's exclamation that made him pay attention. His headband was snatched clean off his head while he was distracted. 

"He got us!" Pinky screamed. Her black eyes fell back and Katsuki twisted to see some sandy haired asshole with dead eyes smiling at them. 

"What did you say?" Katsuki snarled. Their class was small minded? Who the fuck was he to talk about them?!

"Midnight said the obstacle course was the first game. And we figured they wouldn't cut that many of us right off the bat would they?" He smirked and Katsuki wanted to rip that shitty look right off his shitty face. "Assuming they'd keep at least forty contestants for the next event, all we had to do was make sure we stuck to the middle of the pack and observe all your quirks. Only a fool would go all out and obsess over winning the preliminary round." 

"You planned this as a class?" Katsuki growled. 

"It wasn't totally unanimous, but I'd say it's playing out well." That bastard grinned, he tied their band around his neck. Katsuki's fists clenched to avoid exploding them in his teammates faces. 

"Hey, they're coming." One of that assholes allies said. 

"It's better than chasing after a temporary front runner like a horse with a carrot waving in its face." That asshole didn't know what he was talking about. Deku was a force to be reckoned with. Katsuki felt his temper fraying, and he'd been doing so well not to lose his shit. "Oh while I have your attention, you're kinda famous aren't you?" 

Katsuki tensed, he was famous? Not his class? This bastard wasn't talking about-...

"For being attacked by that sludge villain! That's right," That fucking smile was pissing him off. "You'll have to tell me about it sometime. Must be strange to always find yourself in the role of the victim." 

Katsuki felt his temper snap. Images of that day, with Deku running in to save him. Of All Might saving him from the Nomu. He was always being saved, but he wasn't weak godammit! He seethed as he patted the red-haired base of their team. "Kirishima," Katsuki wanted to be clear, even to the point of remembering his beta's name. "We have a change of plans." 

He hadn't felt rage like this in a long time. This was more than just about winning, right now he needed to shut a stupid extra up. All of them who plotted to beat them without giving their all. He may not have thought much of his own class, but they were fighting with all they had. "Before we go after Deku, we're gonna kill every last one of these b-list assholes." 

 


 

Izuku's team moved forward but he'd caught the argument that broke out near Kacchan. His teeth were bared in anger. So 1-B had devised a long-term plan. And their ringleader had just challenged his mate. It was impressive but rage inducing for sure.  The plan itself might leave an impression on the audience once they were out of the qualifier. Everyone did love an underdog. 

Yet if they were playing the long game, and many teams seemed to be. They were racing around attacking the other teams. They might just leave Izuku's team alone. "I think were okay-!"

Izuku spoke too soon. At the exact moment he was going to call his team to rest, Todoroki and his team ran right up into their space. "I'll be taking that now," Todoroki said.  

*

Chapter 23: Cavalry Battle Finale

Summary:

Izuku faces off with Todoroki, and Katsuki unifies his team.

Notes:

Ok guys, I'm going to be posting my Fem!Eraserhead fic tomorrow in place of the next chapter. I will be keeping up a daily schedule. So this will now be updated every other day. I want it to spread out better because after season three I'm going to wait for season four.

So this will now be updated every other day. Keep with me.

Chapter Text

Izuku stared at Todoroki and his team. Iida had joined him as the lead of the base, with Kaminari and Yaoyorozu flanking the sides. This was a formidable team. "I didn't think this confrontation would happen until later in the contest." Tokoyami huffed. 

"The game is only halfway over," Izuku warned, "We can't stop now." 

Izuku tensed as Todoroki leaned forward on Iida's shoulders. "Now Iida, forward!"

"Right!" Iida's legs powered up and they shot forward with his quirk propelling them. Izuku saw behind Todoroki at least five more teams were closing in on them. 

"They're trying to surround us, it's not just Todoroki!" Izuku informed and searched for a way out. He saw Yaoyorozu create an anchor to the ground. Todoroki suddenly threw up a huge sheet of fabric. It covered their team and Izuku knew what they were doing. "Tokoyami!" 

The electric attack hit the ground hard and it spread fast. Dark Shadow intercepted the attack meant for them, but the other teams weren't so lucky. Izuku saw everyone screaming as they were electrocuted, but it didn't seem to be a majorly damaging attack. Perhaps taser level of voltage. Ice spread across the ground and they started running to avoid the crawl of ice. "There's only six minutes left, time to make our move!" Todoroki threw the sheet off and glared right at Izuku. "Sorry, but there's no other way!" 

"The jet packs not functioning anymore." Izuku clicked the button, but there was nothing they could do about it. Hatsume made a mournful sound but they couldn't pause for her to fix it. There just wasn't any time. Todoroki and his team were moving again. Sprinting towards them now that the other contenders were out of the way. That could work to their benefit. One enemy team instead of multiple.

"Oh no, they're too fast!" Uraraka yelled. And she was right, they couldn't dodge fast enough. Not with Iida's maneuverability, and the roller blades on Yaoyorozu and Kaminari's feet. 

"Dark Shadow!" Tokoyami called his quirk to attention. "Take care of them!" 

Dark Shadow lunged as the opposing team got close. His long arms swept out trying to buy them some more distance. But something Yaoyorozu created stopped Dark Shadow from attacking Todoroki. 

"She's too good at her creation! We have to be careful." Izuku snarled. How were they going to keep her from using it?

"No, Kaminari is the one we need to fear!" Tokoyami called up to him. "If there had been anymore sunlight Dark Shadow would have been destroyed." 

Izuku gritted his fangs and glared up at the opposing team. He had asked Tokoyami to stay mainly on defense. He'd hoped they wouldn't have needed to attack at all. He had hashed out Tokoyami's strengths and weaknesses. All tied into the time of day and how much control Tokoyami had over his familiar quirk. That Dark Shadow could be destroyed, that ' sit well with Izuku. He would not put pack members in harm’s way unnecessarily. 

"I see," Izuku glared at his blond-haired classmate. "His lightning is our biggest problem." 

"As long as he keeps using his quirk it will be very difficult for me to attack." Tokoyami grumbled. "Dark Shadow is actually timid unless I order him." 

The shadow bird looked back at them as if it were sheepish. It was so fierce and now it looked nervous. "Violence solves nothing." 

They stopped their backwards retreat as they had reached the edge of the playing field. Izuku glared ahead, he needed a new plan. Ice had flanked either side of them, making a swift strafe to gain great distance impossible. "You're attack power is low right now, but there's no way they know that right?" Izuku asked. 

"I don't think so," Tokoyami looked back at him curiously. "The only person I told this to was Koda at the USJ. He's a man of few words." 

"Okay, we can use that." Izuku looked ahead and noticed something. All day Todoroki had only used his right side. In all instances that was the only side he used. If he wasn't using his left side that was their advantage. "All we have to do is keep hold of the ten million points, no matter what!" 

 


 

"Monoma don't provoke him, that's something he would do." The extra underneath the mouthy fucker warned.

"Yeah, you're right," Dead eyes said as he smirked disgustingly at Katsuki. "It's not very heroic of me. Besides you know these things work. Heroes always being hounded by moronic villains, desperate for some kind of revenge." 

He was so pissed he couldn't see straight. Thank fuck he'd chosen Kirishima for his beta, "Calm down Bakugou," He looked back, but he was just as pissed off as Katsuki was. "Keep a level head or we'll never get our points back!" 

"Rah!" Katsuki roared his rage out and slammed a fist into an open palm and exploded the rage back to a working level. "Shut up! Can’t you tell? I've never been calmer! Now get after them Kirishima!" 

"Don't make us regret this!" Kirishima warned. As if he could let his beta down, Deku's wolf videos were locked in his mind. Pack hierarchy was always in the back of his brain. They rushed that smarmy bastard's team. 

"You think you're tough?!" Katsuki snarled and they lunged past the other team. He threw his hand out to grab for those shitty bands. But his fingers were deflected. They stopped once they ran past and Katsuki twisted to follow up his initial attack. An explosion blew up in his face. 

What the fuck was that?!

"Wow, I see why you like this quirk!" He was really starting to hate that fucking voice. He dropped his arm down and brushed Kirishima's shitty red hair.  

"My power?" Katsuki looked up sharply, he'd stolen Katsuki's quirk?

"That guy has your quirk!" Kirishima yelled. 

He wasn't going to give an inch; he swung his arm back and leveled another sweeping explosion at that bastard. He hit, but the smoke cleared, and he was looking at his beta's quirk on that assholes body. "Dammit!"

"You both have such impressive quirks!" Dead Eyes laughed, "But I think mine's better!"

"Mine too?!" Kirishima exclaimed in horror. 

"Bastard," Katsuki cursed, "His quirk can copy other powers." 

That was fucking distasteful. To be attacked by his own quirk.

"Very good," That disgusting laugh was pissing him off worse. "So even an idiot can figure it out." 

Katsuki urged his team forward again to attack once more. Some asshole ran in from the side and a huge wave of white goo splashed to separate them. That bastard got help this late in the game?!

"Stop!" Katsuki yelled. 

"It's too sticky!" Kirishima snapped and Katsuki looked down sharply. That fucking white goo had caked his leg to the ground like glue. "I can't move!"

"Hold on I'll melt through this stuff with my quirk!" Pinky said.

"Hurry!" Tape Guy hissed, "We're sitting at zero points!" 

"Oh, no hard feelings right?" Dead Eyes called and flashed Katsuki's quirk at him, " After all you provoked us. What was it you said in your speech? Oh right, that you were gonna win." 

This wasn't fucking over. Katsuki wasn't just going to win first place. He was going to be the undeniable champion. And that started with squaring the shit that just went down!

 


 

They were totally surrounded by ice, the other teams trapped on the other side entirely. Their only saving grace was that for every movement Todoroki's team made, Izuku had his strafe to Todoroki's weak spot. Dark Shadow remained a constant barrier between them. "Stay back!" 

Iida spoke to Todoroki, warning about doing something that would make him unable to move. His superior hearing picked up on the hum of engines. "Watch out!" Izuku yelled to his team. 

"Recipro Burst!"

It was too late, Todoroki's team vanished from view and Izuku jerked back as hot fingers stole his head band. It happened in an instant, none of his senses picked up on that. What the hell was that?! Izuku turned his body halfway. He knew his eyes were glowing, and knew his teeth were bared in threat and anger. He had accepted Iida's challenge, but he hadn't known his beta could do that! 

"I told you Midoriya," Iida gave him a sly smile, "I'd do my best to beat you." 

"Don't let them go!" Izuku snarled. 

"Kaminari is still a problem!" Tokoyami warned. "It'd be smarter for us to go after other points now." 

He heard Hatsume nod and hum from his right side. 

"We can’t," Izuku hated that he had to push his team, he'd failed them. "We don't know who has the other headbands." 

"Then let's go!" Uraraka yelled. "we'll get the points back Deku, I know it!" 

"Uraraka?" He wasn't expecting that kind of faith, looking at her she gave him a serious nod. He couldn't let them down now; he'd asked them to be on his team. He was responsible for their victory. He would not fail his pack. They took off for Todoroki and his team. "Iida is stalled now, look at the black smoke. This is r chance!" 

 


 

"Bastards get back here!" Katsuki yelled as his team ran after their thief. Kirishima yelled at him as he got to his feet. He launched himself into the air and used an explosion to propel himself at the opposing team. The lead member of the base looked over and blew a bubble from his mouth. Katsuki landed on it as it grew, it felt like fucking glass. What the hell kind of quirk was this?

They started laughing at him and Katsuki felt his sneer pull his lips back over his teeth. He started to punch the fucking hard substance he was perched on. They weren't strong enough, so he reared back for more strength. He shattered the glass like disk and snatched the bands around that losers neck. He planted his feet and threw himself back to avoid a counterattack. 

Tape wrapped around him and jerked him back to his own team. Katsuki glared as he got back up and tossed the headbands around his neck. He got all but theirs back. "I told you to warn us before you jump!" Tape Guy yelled.

"Whatever," Kirishima growled, "This means were advancing." 

"Were not done!" Katsuki roared and started to beat his fist on the top of Kirishima's head. "We're gonna be the indisputable champions!" 

He saw them falter and look at him in shock. Kirishima grinned sharply and dragged them forward into a sprinting speed. "I couldn't brace myself when I jumped earlier." Katsuki explained. "Get closer, we'll get our points back form this idiot. Then were going for the big one!" 

"Hell yeah!" Tape Guy shouts "Do it!" 

They are coming up fast and Katsuki narrowed his eyes. "Elbows! Tape them!" He jerked his leg up and leaned over to clear the sight line to their enemies. A long stream of tape shot out, but the team dodged. "You missed!"

"My name is Sero!" 

"Pinky! lay down some acid!" Katsuki ordered. He leaned back as she spread a stream of acid that flowed under their whole team. 

"My name is Ashido Mina!" She snapped. But Katsuki was throwing his hands back and directing an explosion to hurl them forward like a cannon had shot them. The acid made them slide with no resistance. 

That fucker had his teammate blow another glass bubble into the air and Katsuki reared back and slammed an exploding fist into the glass. It shattered on impact and he snatched his headband back with a yell. They end their forward rush with a good twenty feet between them. Katsuki looked at smarmy fuck in the eyes and spat on the ground in disgust. 

"Now, were going after Deku and that Half and Half bastard!" 

 


 

One for all hurt his arm. But it wasn't immediately breaking. He wasn't even going to hit Todoroki with it, he was just going to take out his defense.  He could see flames licking up Todoroki's left arm. He was going to use the force One For All emitted to sweep that arm away and leave those bands exposed. He swept his hand to the side, and Todoroki's arm was forced away completely.

Izuku swept his hand back up and grabs for the first band he sees. It has to be the one on top, he just put it on. Once Izuku's claws snatched it he yanked the band to his chest, and they sped past Todoroki's team. "I've got it!" Izuku yelled. "That's it, I did it!" 

"No wait a minute," Hatsume gasped, "Please tell me I've got something wrong with my eyes!" 

Izuku looked to her then down at the band in his hand. It only said seventy points. "He tricked us!" 

"We mixed the bands up, there's no way we'd leave the prize on top." Yaoyorozu explained smugly. "You underestimated us." 

Seventy points wasn't even close enough to get them in the top four slots. "Tokoyami!" 

They whirl around and Dark Shadow swept in, they couldn't afford to lose here. He was electrocuted in a panic. Izuku saw ice explode from the other side of Todoroki. From it Kacchan's team surged forward. Kacchan launched into the air. "Deku!" 

"Uraraka!" Izuku ordered and they run faster as her quirk lightens their weight. He had to get there first, he couldn't fail his team after all they went through in this match. He had to beat Kacchan there, because Kacchan wouldn't give up until he had all of Todoroki's bands. Izuku would use Kacchan if he had to win. 

"who's got the points?!" Kacchan roared. Izuku wasn't looking at his mate this time, he only had eyes for Todoroki. "Dammit!" 

 "Times up!" Midnight called from her stage and they all froze. 

Izuku stared in shock before he sank to the ground. He failed, after all that work. After all he asked of his team, he'd squandered their chances at getting recruited by a hero agency. He turned his back to let Hatsume pull his jet pack off. He could hear them announcing the results. "In first place: Todoroki Shouto's team. And in second place: Bakugou Katsuki's team. In third place is Shinsou Hitoshi, wow how did that happen?" 

"Hey Deku..." Uraraka called. 

"I'm really sorry guys." Izuku squeezed his eyes shut as his body shifted back to human. He turned to apologize for ruining their advancement but Hatsume and Uraraka were frantically pointing at Tokoyami and grinning. 

"I must apologize," Tokoyami looked up sheepishly. "When Todoroki was shaken by your first attack, I tried to grab the ten million headband. But things didn't go as planned." 

Dark shadow floated upholding a headband printed with the number 519. The familiar looked pleased and relaxed. "Still I got one, it was around his head where his guard was the weakest." Tokoyami took the band and held it out to Izuku. Dark Shadow flashed him a thumbs up. "Midoriya you were the one who created the opening that allowed me to steal it. That attack of yours ensured our advancement." 

"And in Fourth place is Midoriya Izuku's team!" 

Izuku felt tears burst from his eyes and he sobbed in relief and happiness. Uraraka and Hatsume grabbed for him as he screamed in joy. "Tokoyami! Join my pack!" 

 


 

 They were on break now, and Izuku needed a few moments to come down from the adrenaline that had been surging in his veins. He ran his healing through his arms and felt the strain ease. He inhaled a shaky breath; he could do this. He could continue. A presence appeared behind him and he tilted his head back to spear green glowing eyes on his main challenger of the day. Todoroki. 

"Is there something you wanted from me?" Izuku growled. 

*

Chapter 24: The Boy Born With Everything

Summary:

Izuku hears Todoroki's story

Notes:

I've spiraled down a rabbit hole of BNHA chat fics. OMG the memes. Lol

No regrets. I needed to laugh that hard.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku looked at Todoroki as he leaned against the wall of the tunnel walkway they were in. He appeared bothered, and the air is turning awkward the more those mismatch eyes stare at him. "Well," Izuku said after they had stood there a solid five minutes. "I have a werewolf quirk, that requires me to eat an exceptional amount. So if there wasn't anything you wanted to say, I'm going to go and eat." 

Todoroki was all cold intimidation. That much Izuku could see in his eyes. This was so much more different than dealing with Kacchan. At least with his mate he knew what the silences meant, what the glares were saying. He couldn't read Todoroki at all. 

"I was overwhelmed." Todoroki's deeper voice resounded and Izuku gave him the attention he was seeking. "You made me break the promise I made to myself a long time ago." 

Izuku tilted his head in confusion. He had seen the flames on Todoroki's arm. If he had used those earlier he'd have had such a bigger advantage over everyone. He had for an instant, why was he holding back?

"Iida, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami, and Uraraka; none of them felt it." Todoroki looked at Izuku's arm. "In that moment I was the only one to sense your true power. It reminded me of something. Experiencing All Might's quirk." 

"Oh?" Izuku frowned. "Is that all?"

"I'm saying the power coming from you felt the same as All Might's." Todoroki said. He lifted his own arm and looked at his clenched fist. "Tell me, are you All Might's secret love child or something?"

All the tension vanished from the air. There's no way that was a real question! Izuku spluttered a moment before laughter bent him over double. He grabbed for his knees and felt tears prick his eyes he was laughing so hard. "Well are you?"

"Oh my god no, it’s nothing like that." Izuku laughed, "Of course not." 

The look on the other teen's face brought Izuku to a sobering stance. He rubbed his eyes of the tears and exhaled to center himself to cut off any more giggles. "Even if I say he's not you won't believe me. My father's name was Midoriya Hisashi, and his quirk allowed him to breathe fire. He worked offshore and died to save my life. He was a great man. Why would you even think that All Might was my dad? I look more like my dad than I even do my mother." 

"It's nothing like that?" Todoroki narrowed his eyes at Izuku, "So there is something between you. Something you're not supposed to talk about." 

No shit. There was a lot he wasn't talking about, a lot he wouldn't talk about. 

"My father is the hero Endeavor. You must have heard of him, I'm sure you're aware he's the number two hero." Todoroki looked like he'd bitten into something sour all of a sudden. His snow and campfire scent darkened. "So if you're connected to All Might, the number one hero; that would mean I have even more of a reason to beat you." 

Izuku scowled then, he didn't care who Todoroki's parents were. A challenge was a challenge, family had nothing to do with it. 

"My old man is ambitious; he aims for the top always." Todoroki clenched his fists and Izuku inhaled the sharp peppery scent of anger. "He used his power to make a name for himself as a hero. But he never could best All Might. So the symbol of peace is living proof of his failure. He's still at it though, even now, trying to take down All Might one way or another." 

"I'm not sure what you're getting at," Izuku growled, the anger scent was darkening to something Izuku would equate to hate. He hadn't ever smelled something like hate before. "What are you trying to tell me?"

"Have you ever heard of quirk marriages?" Todoroki asked and looked back at him weakly, "They became a problem in the first few generations after superpowers spread worldwide. There were those who sought out potential mates with the express purpose of creating powered children. Many people viewed it as old-fashioned arranged marriages. But many others were forced into relationships." 

The thought of that sickened Izuku. He didn't know if Kacchan would ever want kids, he didn't know if he would the older he got. But he knew for a fact that whatever they did to have kids, there would be no force or decisions made based on quirk transference through genetics. That anyone did that in the past was deplorable.

"My father has a long history of accomplishments, but also plenty of money to throw at his problems." Todoroki bared his teeth at the ground and Izuku thought he understood Todoroki all of a sudden. That one gesture told him the cold teen was deeply affected by what he was telling Izuku. "He bought my mother’s relatives off to get at her quirk. And now he's using me to usurp All Might." 

The growl tore out of him before he knew it would. He was shocked, horrified that such a renowned hero had chosen to force someone into a marriage with him just to create a powerful child. Clearly it worked, Todoroki was on a whole other level. But the entire thing was heinous. How could anyone do that?

"It's so infuriating. I refuse to be a tool for that scumbag." Todoroki looked pained all of a sudden and Izuku nearly stumbled forward to offer comfort. "In every memory I have of my mother I only see her crying. I remember she called my left side unbearable... right before she poured boiling water on my face." 

No... no no no! Izuku snarled and his mind rebelled at that. How could a mother do that? What would she have to be put through to attack her own child? The mere notion horrified him on a deeply personal level. His father died to keep his mother and him safe. Todoroki's father forced his wife into marriage, and said woman attacked her own child. How had no one noticed this? Why hadn't anyone stepped in?

"The reason I picked a fight with you was to show my old man what I was capable of without having to rely on his damn fire quirk." Todoroki admitted and out of all that pain that angry determination was back. His two-tone eyes blazed with it. "You see I'm going to show him that I reject his power and I can take first place without using it."  

 


 

Katsuki had sought out his boyfriend in their down time. They were still competitors, and the bet was still going. But he'd wanted to see how his mussy headed wolf was doing. It was time to eat and he wanted to share food. Katsuki had walked down a darkened hall to one of the tunnels looking for him when he'd stumbled upon his Deku having it out with Half and Half. He'd listened to the whole fucking story too. Like a fucking creep. 

He hadn't spared much thought originally to Endeavor, he'd always thought the guy seemed like douche in interviews. Arrogant, and self-entitled. Like he was hero for no other reason than to beat on criminals. Now Katsuki didn't give a fuck about other people’s lives or motivations. He understood wanting to wail on villains, he even understood taking pride in one's power, and accomplishments. But to use your kid to usurp a hero you couldn't beat? That sounded fucking stupid. 

And quirk marriages? What a fucking joke.

"You're obviously connected to All Might, even if you won’t tell me about it." Half and Half piped back up, "No matter how fierce you come at me in the future I will defeat you using only my right side. I can assure you of that." 

God he sounded fucking dense. Katsuki gritted his teeth to keep from blowing the fuck up over the blatant disrespect to his boyfriend. Todoroki must have walked off because he was addressed soon after. "Did you hear all of that Kacchan?" Deku asked. 

Katsuki walked from behind his corner and sauntered over to his werewolf partner. Green glowing eyes settled on him looking completely bothered. He read everything in that look. He wanted to argue, sigh and tell his boyfriend no. But it wasn't strictly up to him what his boyfriend needed to keep his wolf side complacent. A pack was going to be necessary and he'd only approved of one person so far. "You gonna do something about that or not?" Katsuki demanded. 

"I think I have to," Deku squared his shoulders and looked up at him, "Sorry." 

"Don't fucking apologize." Katsuki reached out and balled his hand into Deku's shirt. He yanked him into plant one on those fucking lips. "He smells like home right?"

"And snow and campfires." Izuku smiled. 

"I'll test him in the tournament." Katsuki acknowledged. 

"And Uraraka and Tokoyami." Deku listed. Fuck he had more work cut out for him. 

"Shitty hair." Katsuki said simply and Deku hugged him happily. "Go." 

Deku ran out of the tunnel and Katsuki sighed. He needed to go fucking eat before his temper got the better of him. Damn Deku, and his shitty picks.

 


 

Izuku ran out of the tunnel, he saw Todoroki a little ways away heading off to get ready for the next leg of the tournament. But he needed to get what he had to say out. With Kacchan's approval he needed to say something to the Todoroki who told him about his past. He'd lived like a comic book character with a tragic backstory. He was trying desperately to rise above it. Izuku couldn't ignore that. "Hey! Wait Todoroki!" 

The other teen stopped and turned to look at him. "I'm only here because others have helped and supported me" Izuku confesses. "I'm really lucky to have such a pack to help get me to where I am now. And I've had even more help since I started here at UA." 

His mind supplied him with memories of All Might saving him from the sludge villain. Uraraka trying to give him her points in the practical exam. His mother tearfully presenting to him a hero costume. Aizawa leaping in to fight in uneven odds to keep the whole class safe. Asui and Mineta teaming up with him to fight the villains in the shipwreck zone. Kacchan always standing by his side. Hatsume picking him to lead her to the tournament. Tokoyami securing their advancement. And All Might validating the dream his father had kept alive. 

"All Might constantly saves people with a fearless smile on his face. He's the greatest hero. And I want to be just like him." Izuku looked up at Todoroki with all the determination he was holding inside. "In order to do that I need to be strong enough to be number one. I know my motivation might seem stupid compared to yours. But I can't lose either. I owe it to everyone who's supported me to try my best." 

He pressed his fingers absently to his mate mark. He owed his mate everything. 

"You challenged me earlier and I answered." Izuku let his eyes glow. "But this is my very own declaration. I'm going to beat you." 

Todoroki looked at him as if acknowledging what Izuku said. Then he walked away. 

 


 

Izuku stood with the class as they gathered after lunch. He tried not to laugh or react when the girls of their class came out in cheer-leading uniforms. Kaminari and Mineta took the blame by losing it pretty early in. He growled to chastise them; his mate even exploded his hand a few times to express his own displeasure. But the girls had it well in hand as they yelled at their two class idiots. 

They didn't have time to get caught up in it though. Midnight walked up onto the stage and drew their attention. "Come closer and let's draw lots to see who ends up where and going against who!" She cheered. The massive hologram popped back up showing a ladder style tournament design. "I'll start with the first-place team!" 

"Excuse me?!" A voice called and Izuku turned to see Ojiro raising his hand. "I'm sorry, but I'm withdrawing." 

"Ojiro, no way!" Izuku gasped. 

"But this is a rare chance for you to get scouted." Iida frowned next to Izuku. Izuku nodded frantically, he couldn't imagine withdrawing. 

"It just wouldn't be right. I barely remember anything about the cavalry battle, just the end of it. I think it was that guys quirk." Ojiro nodded and Izuku looked to see the purple haired teen that declared war on their class. He looked away sharply. "I know this a great opportunity. I wish I could take advantage of it, but my conscience won’t let me." 

"Just think about this," Izuku urged. They had decided as a class to not lose to the other students. 

"I have!" Ojiro snapped. "Everyone fought their hardest in the cavalry battle, but I was just a puppet. No way, I don't want to advance if I don't know how I got there. It wouldn't be fair." 

"You're making too much of this!" Tooru exclaimed. Her invisible body shimmied with the cheer uniform to show them she was incensed. "Just compete and show everyone you deserve to be there." 

"Yeah," Ashido followed up and stepped forward to touch Ojiro's shoulder. "What she said. I didn't do much to help either." 

"That's not it," Ojiro lifted a hand up to cover his eyes. "I'm talking about my pride here. I refuse to give that up." 

Another student, one from 1-B agreed and also withdrew from the tournament. Izuku gaped and looked to the stage with everyone else to see what the ruling would be on the matter. Midnight glared for a moment. "This sort of talk is incredibly naive my boys." She lifted her arm up and cracked her flogger. "But it turns me on. You're withdrawn!" 

Did she just-...?!

"Let's see we have to move up two students from the fifth-place team to fill in." Midnight called. 

"We were frozen the whole time." A girl with a long side ponytail spoke. "You should choose from the team that fought the whole time. Team Tetsutetsu!" 

"Ah Kendo!" The steel skinned teen exclaimed. 

"I'm not doing this as a favor. It's just fair." She shook her head. 

"Ugh, seriously you guys!" Tetsutetsu looked moved. "Thanks." 

"So Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki will advance to the finals." Midnight announced after they deliberated, and two students came forward to be added to the bracket. "Alright, now everyone will draw lots to see where you end up." 

Izuku sighed and took his turn to draw a lot and give it to her to log down. Then he waited for the bracket to be compiled. It blew up suddenly and Izuku looked up seeing his name in the first match up. So he would fight in the first match. And in the second match Todoroki was listed. So he might face him right off the bat in the second match. But first thing was first. He had to face off with a Shinsou Hitoshi.

"That's you right? Midoriya Izuku?" 

Izuku whipped around with his heart racing. It was the purple haired teen. His sleepy eyes were still there, tall as before, and he still smelled like lavender and linen. Bedtime smells. "It's you," Izuku breathed, "From the gen-ed class." 

"A pleasure, are you excited." Shinsou asked. 

Izuku started to answer when he suddenly had a face full of Ojiro's tail. "Not so fast!" Ojiro growled. 

Izuku saw Shinsou frown before he smirked and walked off. "Ojiro what’s the deal?" Izuku bared his teeth and tried to get the sudden taste of musk and fur out of his mouth. "Jeeze!" 

"You can't say a word to him." Ojiro looked at him with dead seriousness in his gaze. Izuku frowned but followed as Ojiro dragged him off to the waiting room they were designated at. 

He listened to what Ojiro had to say about what he thought of Shinsou's quirk. He tried to think of a decent strategy on how to fight a quirk like that. The whole thing made him feel nervous. But he still liked the way Shinsou smelled. Very much like Aizawa Sensei did. 

 


 

Izuku looked out from the tunnel he was to wait in before going to his fight. His mind worked over plan after plan. He wondered just what he could do against Shinsou. He didn't want to hurt anyone with his quirks, but he couldn't hold back it would be insulting. 

"Yo!" A voice drew his attention and he saw All Might in his small body walking up to him. "Hey, sorry I haven't been able to see you today. But you've done great, I saw you harness One For All." 

"Eh not really," Izuku waved his hand and looked down. "I'm still worried about using it. I tried replicating the feeling I had of hitting the Nomu but I'm not in control. It's still unpredictable. After so much training, and with my healing, I'm still so weak. I just can't handle your power at 100%."

"Yeah, if were talking about how much of One For All you'd be able to use at this point..." All Might rubbed his neck and hummed. "I'd say it at about 5%." 

"5%?!" Izuku asked in shock. He hung his head miserably then. "Well okay, I have only been able to get by with luck and the others helping me out." 

A chop hit him in the head, and he screeched and looked at his mentors huge hand. "The only thing I want to hear is that you'll do your best dammit!" All Might admonished. "Listen, there's no such thing as luck. You'll never be the hero you want to be if you believe in something like that." 

All Might transformed into his muscle body and grinned broadly at him. "Whenever you're scared or nervous about a fight just deal with it with a smile. You've made it this far kid. Even if you're worried stand tall. Don't forget you're the alpha. I'm counting on you. And cheering you on!" 

Izuku nodded and delivered his own winning smile to his mentor. He turned and walked out onto the green grass of the arena. A fighting platform was set up in the center and as he climbed it he saw Shinsou on the other side walking up as well. He could hear Present Mic commentating and the crowd going wild. But his eyes were all for his opponent. He breathed in and centered himself, no time to second guess. 

"So you can just give up huh?" Shinsou asked as he stopped walking as well. Izuku opened his eyes in confusion. "In a way this whole event is a test of how strong your spirit is. If you know what you want your future to hold for you, you can't care about what other people think." 

"That monkey was going on about his pride earlier." Izuku knew what Shinsou said was right, he knew Ojiro backed out over pride. And pride could only get you so far. He saw Shinsou level a fierce glare at him through those sleepy eyes. "But I think he was an idiot for just throwing away his chance like that." 

Izuku growled then, the affront to a member of his class riled up his instincts. He liked this teen, he liked that he was fighting and clawing to make it to the hero course. He knew Ojiro backing out had insulted his opponent. But he couldn't take anyone speaking ill of another person who had put their heart into their decisions. "Don't you talk about him that way!"

Izuku started forward, he was going to start this fight. But suddenly his mind went blank as a cool presence inserted itself in his mind. "That's it, I win."

*

Notes:

Does anyone else just absolutely love Shinsou? I fucking love that troll haired kid. Can't wait for more of him in BNHA

Chapter 25: Victory Or Defeat

Summary:

Izuku faces off with Shinsou and finds a kindred spirit

Notes:

Can I just say... Shinsou is my good boy. I just cant wait until we get more of him in the manga. I want him to join the hero class. Or even just be a hero without joining, wouldn't that be a big finger to the system?

Chapter Text

"You're lucky to have been so blessed, Midoriya Izuku." The voice was the only thing he could hear. Everything else was buried in a hazy fog that clung to his thoughts. His inner wolf was entirely cut off. His body was frozen, and he couldn't move, or even break free. Ojiro hadn't been kidding. "Now, turn around and walk out of bounds like a good little hero." 

Izuku fought, trying desperately to reach for his inner wolf and failing. Against his will his body did just as Shinsou ordered. His feet carrying him towards the edge of the concrete platform. What was he doing?!

 


 

Shouta stared down at the match, his eyes frozen on his alpha, on his student. As much as he wanted to be bothered by the attack on a child he considered his, he couldn't help but be fascinated by the opponent. He grabbed for the profiles on the desk before him and looked over the purple haired kid. Hizashi was waxing on in his commentary, he'd done a good job of ignoring most of the energy the entire day. Only jumping in when necessary. 

His inner wolf was scrabbling at him, intently focused on the boy who was standing opposite their student. Shinsou Hitoshi, age 15, gen-ed student. He'd aced the testing portion of the entrance exam but failed the practical. But he'd applied in tandem to the general studies program. Had he known he was going to fail? 

Shouta's heart raced. He'd been that boy. The entrance exam was completely illogical. It always provided a way for teens with physical quirks. How could he shine like that? Shinsou had stormed the preliminary rounds. Shouta had done just that when he was a student in his first year. He'd left no other option but to bump him up into the hero class. He was rooting for his student, how could he not? But Shouta would be lying if he wasn't interested in the other boy. 

If it were up to physical blows, Midoriya would win. But in quirks... this kid just might do it. "Shouta," Hizashi murmured. Shouta looked up to see his best friend had unplugged their headsets. "This kid..." 

"Yeah," Shouta breathed. He was very interested in this kid. Where had he been during the exam? How had he missed him? He needed more information. He couldn't let talent like this languish. 

 


 

'What's happening?' Izuku thought to himself as he looked ahead of where his body was moving itself without his telling it to. His vision swam as the fog kept him mentally separate from his inner wolf. He couldn't lose like this! 'Dammit!'

After Ojiro went through all the trouble to warm him. Explaining how he'd ended up under Shinsou's influence in the first place. Izuku had still fallen for it, instantly reacting like the hot head he fought not to be. Everyone was watching, everyone who had relied on him at one time or another. He was going to fail not only himself, but them too. 

Inside his mind he felt the fog sweep away as energy and other presences made themselves known. He blinked and colors burst across his vision leading his gaze to the tunnel where he had entered. He saw eight shadowy figures there. All of them with eyes that watched him. It felt like he was in a cyclone of One For All. The power coming out from his inner being. It boiled all over his body and gave him a small measure of control back. He could feel it in his hand, the energy concentrated there without his command. 

With a straightening of his first two fingers on his left hand a torrent of One For All's power shot at the ground. Air was displaced like a sonic boom. He snapped out of the influence of Shinsou's quirk. He remembered Ojiro saying it was a physical blow that helped him out of the mind control. He hadn't summoned one for all, how had that even happened? 

Izuku bent forward and sucked air into his lungs. He turned and saw Shinsou stiffen across from him. "No that's not possible!" Shinsou yelled. "You're not supposed to be able to fight back! What did you do?!" 

Izuku let his wolf forward in his mind and his body spontaneously transformed into his wolf man body. He didn't need the bulk of his other bodies. He only needed to keep his mouth shut and not let Shinsou back in. Who had those people been? Who was it that sheltered his consciousness? Were they part of one for all? How did they activate his quirk? And did they save him?

"How did you do that?!" Shinsou snarled across the fighting platform. Izuku bared his teeth and shook his head to loosen the last of the disbelief. He needed to get back into this fight. But he needed to be careful he didn't want to hurt Shinsou. "Come on say something! I didn't know you had that much power in your fingers. I'm kind of jealous of you!" 

Izuku knew jealousy. He'd felt it like Shinsou was for the entire year leading up to his attack. And after he'd been jealous of people who had quirks that weren't the cause of murder. He remembered wishing for a better quirk, any quirk. 

"Thanks to the way my quirk works, I've always been at a big disadvantage." Shinsou goaded. He was trying to get a response from Izuku, and he wanted to respond. He had been Shinsou for most of his life until he met All Might and everything in his world changed. "Someone as blessed as you wouldn't understand that!" 

He was right, Izuku had been blessed. Izuku got it, he'd snatched opportunity and had the quirks to back it up. Shinsou had the deck stacked against him from the very start. Izuku saw Shinsou's serious and angry mask crack for a second. And in that second he saw the pain, the hurt and desolation he'd kept inside for so long reflected in this sleepy looking teen. "You're lucky enough to have a heroic quirk. It must be so easy for you to reach your goals!" 

Izuku swallowed his agreement. It was, but he was still struggling. Struggling like Shinsou was. Only he had people behind him. People that wouldn’t let him fall into the angry depression that creeped up sometimes over his werewolf quirk. All Might fighting for him only made him feel worthless and unworthy. He wasn't living up to the expectations on him. But he still had his pack, he had All Might, and he had Kacchan. That was why he was here!

Izuku reached Shinsou and grabbed his shoulder with one arm and started to shove him with his other a solid bar across Shinsou's chest. He started pushing with the edge of the ring in his sight. "Tch, say something dammit!" Shinsou yelled and punched him right on his cheek. But he wasn't deterred. He wouldn't stop, he refused to lose here. Shinsou slammed his fist into Izuku's injured one and snarled. "You've got to be kidding me!" 

They broke apart and Shinsou snatched at him trying to whirl their positions until Izuku's back was to the line they were approaching. "Get out of this ring you brat!" 

Izuku twisted, he grabbed at Shinsou's extended arm and turned his hips into the throw. Much like how he did with Kacchan. Shinsou slammed into the ground on his back and gaped up in shock more than pain. Izuku heaved a breath. Shinsou's feet were past the line. 

"Shinsou Hitoshi is out of bounds!" Midnight called. "Midoriya Izuku advances to the next match!" 

Izuku watched Shinsou get to his feet. His head was down as if he were struggling with his thoughts. They faced each other as they spoke over the match and commended them on a job well done. Izuku looked at the defeated expression on Shinsou's face. He had to know, "Why do you want to be a hero? What's driving you?" 

Shinsou looked at him and a lid seemed to fit over his feelings. His face smoothed as if trying to play up the air of indifference. He turned his back to Izuku and started to walk away from the ring. "You can't help the things your heart longs for." 

Izuku had always felt that way. Before he inherited One For All, he'd cursed the universe for handing him the quirk of a murderer. He'd been stopping himself from chasing the dream that burned in his veins. He'd wanted it so bad he'd tortured himself for years wanting it. He'd never thought he would meet someone with the same hunger, the same drive to be a hero. They were the same. 

And nothing he said could make that burn in Shinsou better. He had clawed and fought his way up to this event to show the world what he could do. Had declared war on 1-A because he wanted what they had. And Izuku had just stolen Shinsou's chance at it. 

"You were awesome Shinsou!" A voice in the stands drew Izuku's attention. There above the entrance to the tunnel into the stadium stood students at the railing. Shinsou was looking up at them in shock. 

"We're proud of you!" 

"Yeah, you're the star of our program!" 

"I can't believe you put up such a great fight against the dude who was just in first place earlier!"

"Hey!" Another kid pointed up above into the stands. There a huge gathering of Pro's were sitting. "Listen to them!" 

Izuku pushed his hearing to pick up what the pros were saying. "With a Quirk like that, it'd be really simple to catch dangerous villains. I wish I had it." 

"I can't believe they stuck him in general education." A woman with a gas mask shook her head. "Those idiots." 

"Well, there are a ton of applicants each year." The hero next to her crossed his arms. "Sometimes a few just fall through the cracks." 

"If only he had more combat experience." A set of robotic looking twins looked at each other. 

"Yeah I bet he would have dominated, what a waste." 

"Shinsou, you hear that!" The kid who had pointed aimed a grin at the purple haired teen. "It's great, they think you're incredible!"

They were right, Shinsou was incredible.

"Depending on the results, they might transfer people into the hero course." Shinsou sounded choked up but he firmed his tone as he spoke to Izuku. "Remember that. Even if it didn't work out this time, I'm not giving up. I'll get onto the hero track. I'll get certified. And then... then I'll become a better pro than any of you." 

Izuku nodded and acknowledged the declaration. He would help Shinsou however he could. "Hm!" 

Izuku felt his mind fall blank, that fog pulling over him. He'd activated his quirk again, why? "You know usually people tense up when they talk to me. If you're not on guard someone is going to defeat you. So have some self-preservation." Shinsou released the quirk and titled to meet his gaze. "You'd better not lose and make me look bad." 

"I won't!" Izuku called with determination. Shinsou glared and activated his quirk again. 

"What did I just say?!" 

 


 

Izuku sat in the infirmary as Recovery Girl gave him a kiss and sped his healing up exponentially. She still wrapped his fingers to keep them together while they finished healing. Then she gave him a gummy candy. He didn't have time to wait on his own healing, he had other matches today. He looked up at where All Might leaned on Recovery Girl's desk. "Sorry, I couldn't smile through that fight." 

"I heard some of what Shinsou said to you in the ring." All Might rubbed the back of his neck. "It must have been painful to see someone you could relate to say all those things. You two were very similar." 

"Yeah, but I couldn't go easy on him." Izuku huffed. "He deserved me trying against him. I have to keep my eye on the prize though. Just like you said." 

"Oh you poor little darling." Recovery Girl patted his head softly before she balled her fist and whipped it into All Might's stomach. He whooshed out a breath and bent over double. "Are you putting too much stress on him?!" 

"It was necessary! And that hurt!" All Might growled at the elderly medic. She just glared back, Izuku was so glad he wasn't on her bad side. 

"I hope you teachers can watch him. He's got a really cool quirk," Izuku was still impressed by Shinsou. He wanted the teen for his pack. "Oh yeah, All Might, I saw a vision while I was under Shinsou's quirk. In the tunnel I saw like, eight shadow people there. One of them had your eyes. And when I saw them it was like I wasn't alone in my head. The fog was completely ripped away. I didn't use One For All, but it was there. That's when I could use my fingers." 

All Might frowned at him and Izuku tried to explain it better. "Do you think the people who used One For All before were pushing me on? Like Spirits?" 

"Ah, spooky!" All Might shivered suddenly. "Like ghosts?

Was he seriously afraid of that? All Might? 

"I thought you would know!" Izuku hissed. 

"But seriously... I saw something similar in my younger days." All Might rubbed his stomach and stretched. "It's a good sign that you're making One for All your own." 

"What was it then?" Izuku asked his mentor. 

"I think it's like a trace of the previous users left behind when One For All is passed on. Don't worry it won’t interfere with your progress or power in the future. I'm sure of that. It seems the vision wasn't what got rid of the brainwashing effects. It was your passion and drive that allowed you to do it. The vision was just a product of channeling One For All."  All Might grinned. 

Izuku stared at his mentor a moment longer and sighed. He looked away in embarrassment. "That answer doesn't satisfy me at all." 

"Forget about it!" All Might faked his outrage and huffed. "More importantly, shouldn't you be more worried about who your opponent is going to be next?" 

Izuku felt his eyes widen and he jumped to his feet. "You're right, sorry, thank you very much!" 

He sprinted from the infirmary and raced to a stairwell to lead him to the box seats where the classes were stationed. He was running along the walkway when he spied his class. "There you are Deku!" Uraraka's bubbly voice drew his attention to the seats at the bottom of the box. She waved and smiled up at him. "You did great!" 

He smiled and looked down to see Iida was waving to a seat between him and Tokoyami. His prospective pack members were watching him with a welcoming air. "We saved a seat for you!"

"Thanks guys." Izuku grinned and walked down the stairs. He ran his hand across Kacchan's shoulder, and his mate looked up at him and cupped the back of his knee. 

"That one too?" Kacchan asked. 

"Yeah," Izuku nodded. He wanted Shinsou to be his friend, and he definitely wanted him in the pack. 

"Sure." Kacchan patted his knee and leaned back. "No more for a few days you shit." 

"Or course Kacchan." Izuku grinned at his mate, he'd asked a lot of him today. He walked away from his mate's smirk and plopped himself down in his seat and relaxed with the heat of Iida on one arm and Tokoyami on the other. His inner wolf settled. at least for now. 

Down below he grinned to see he hadn't missed the match at all. Sero and Todoroki were approaching each other on the ring. The call to begin rang out over the whole stadium and Sero pointed his hands down. His elbows shot tape out that wrapped around Todoroki in an instant. He was fast. Sero cut off one side and twisted to drag Todoroki in a swinging arc. He was speeding towards the line and would be shot out of bounds. Was he going to lose right off the bat?

Ice crackled and Izuku's senses screamed at him that the air was dangerous. He saw the ice burst in a rushing torrent. He jumped up as it moved exploded up the side of the stadium. Like an explosion mixed with an earthquake. His werewolf body burst forth and he threw his arms out to keep it from crushing his pack members who huddled down in their seats in shock. "What the fuck!" 

Kacchan was at his back when the rumbling stopped, the ice was like a solid wall. Kacchan had a hand up ready to blast the ice away from Izuku. "Thanks Kacchan." He rumbled; it was comforting to know his mate was right there should this have gone south. 

"Fucking Half and Half bastard." Kacchan hissed. 

"Thanks..." Uraraka mumbled beneath Izuku's arm.  

Izuku looked to the side. Down below in the epicenter of the giant blasted glacier, was Sero. He was iced fully. Sero couldn't move, so Todoroki was declared the winner. Izuku was still struck by how over the top this giant ice prison was.

"D-Don't Mind!" Shouts from around the stadium rang out. It became a chant of encouragement to Sero. What an overwhelming victory it was, Sero never stood a chance. But the crowd was still behind him. Todoroki walked up to where Sero was frozen in place. He placed his other hand on Sero's chest and started to thaw him out. Izuku saw the slump in Todoroki's shoulders and thought he looked incredibly sad.  

*

Chapter 26: Battle On Challengers

Summary:

Izuku gets really into the matches

Notes:

Thanks for the comments everyone. Sorry this chapter is a little later in the day. My child, the apple of my eye, and the sun at which my mom universe revolves around... Woke me up six times last night, and had OT today. So yeah, I got a late start on translating from my notes.

But that's the appts for the week, now we can all unwind.

Chapter Text

Izuku hovered in the class waiting room as the officials for the event worked to remove the ice from the field. His wolf body shook as he forced his blood to slow down and change back. Kacchan rubbed his back as he sank back to human form. He looked back as his mate circled his neck and shoulder, pressing on his mate mark to center him. "Thanks Kacchan." 

"Just calm the fuck down. No one was gonna die." Kacchan grumbled. Izuku nodded and walked to get into his bag. He unearthed his notebook and a pen. He wanted to take notes, they were a sure-fire way to relax. "Come on you shit." 

They walked back to the box seats and he settled himself with his friends. Kacchan settled behind him and they watched as Kaminari walked up onto the fighting ring. He was paired against a girl with vines for hair. She looked very calm as the match began.

Kaminari charged the air with electricity and blasted the ground much like he did in the Cavalry battle. The girl turned and pulled her hands in as if she were praying. Her hair grew rapidly and buried into the ground before it detached. The electricity was discharged and pulled entirely away from her as it had grounded her as the electricity hit. The hair buried in the ground grew into a massive moving plant that burst from the cement and wrapped Kaminari up. He'd over done it and now he'd fried his brain again.

It was over so fast, Izuku raced to fill out what he saw of her, as she was now a potential competitor against him. He had thought Kaminari had it, but clearly he had discounted her. If she could control those vines like that, what could he do against an opponent like her? If she could immobilize limbs he could be at an extreme disadvantage. 

"Maybe you should take a second to relax," Uraraka's voice cut through his haze and he blinked at her. "Before you try planning too many matches ahead."

His hand flew up to his mouth in embarrassed horror, "Sorry, sometimes I don't realize I'm talking out loud when I'm taking notes. Kacchan why didn't you stop me?!"

"Tch," His mate scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Stop yourself nerd." 

They glared at each other and Izuku redirected his attention to Uraraka. "It's not often I get to see people with incredible quirks outside of our class." Izuku admitted and lifted his book up after flipping the pages. "Actually I have notes compiled on everyone in class. Here's what I have on your quirk, Zero Gravity." 

She gaped at him in shock. Was that weird? When he showed Kacchan during their first few months dating he used it as an excuse to make out. So his mate didn't think it was all that strange. But did his friend?

"You know Deku, I've always known you were amazing." She seemed to shake herself from her shock. "You have so much drive and focus in you. This sports festival's really reminded me of that." 

What did that look mean? 

Iida's match was announced and Izuku shifted his attention to the ring. Wait... was he wearing Hatsume's support gear? That had to be against the rules. They had to submit forms for support gear prior to the event. Which was why he and Kacchan chose their footwear. They shifted with his different wolf shapes. Midnight spoke to Iida off the microphone before she suddenly arched back. She declared it all legal. 

That just didn't seem like something Hatsume would do out of the goodness of her heart. She'd chosen Izuku's team in the Cavalry Battle because she wanted to promote her gear by letting them use some of it. No... she wasn't going to-? 

The match started and Iida lunged for her and she dodged using some kind of telescopic poles that sprung from her backpack. Iida's support gear allowed him to turn on a dime and start after her again. All while this was going on, Hatsume was giving a play by play of each item she and Iida were wearing. She was using him as a demonstration/advertisement. She kept avoiding him as she spoke on a microphone that carried her voice all over the crowd. 

Hatsume kept avoiding Iida by using those telescopic poles and leaping over him with boots that reminded him of the hover ones Uraraka wore. She tripped Iida and whirled around him again and again. For ten minutes. Then and only then did she step out of bounds like she hadn't just used Iida like a product tester. 

"Oh man," Uraraka sighed, "Poor Iida." 

"He's so sincere he trusted for her motives. She probably made it seem like she was doing him a favor." Izuku shook his head and opened his notebook to make extra note of Hatsume's tactics on her page in his notebook. He'd just compiled it during lunch. 

The next match was called and Aoyama and Ashido faced off in the ring. Izuku flipped to their pages and hummed thoughtfully. Aoyama would probably try to stay at a distance. This entire match would fall down to the possibility of Ashido being able to dodge Aoyama's attacks and retaliate in close combat. There was no cover in the ring to protect her from that laser. 

The match began and Aoyama leaned back to shoot his laser at Ashido. She used her agility to jump over the blue white beam. Upon landing she started to skate around increasing her mobility with her acid. Her physical abilities were very versatile. As Aoyama peppered blasts at her she swirled on the acid streams she created and dodged, leaped, and ultimately exhausted him. Aoyama could only maintain so many blasts, and each one was only a second long. He would give himself nausea if he couldn't take her down. 

Then it happened, he shot a longer beam and Ashido rushed in. She spun on her feet and slung her arm out. Acid flew off of her fingers and splashed onto Aoyama's belt. He shrieked as his clothes and support gear belt started to melt and crumble. His pants fell and Aoyama scrambled to yank his pants back up. Ashido finished clearing the distance between them and delivered a staggering uppercut. Aoyama was out before he hit the ground. 

Izuku scrambled to update her physical ability information. She had done well in the assessment test, but her physical ability had won her this match. Izuku had totally underestimated her. 

Izuku sat forward in interest as Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu's match was about to start. "Hey," Ojiro leaned forward from where he sat. "You got any ideas on who will win this match?"

Had he been muttering audibly again? He must have, he really needed to stop doing that. 

"Well," Izuku looked back at his pack member. "It's all going to come down to timing." 

"How so?" Ojiro asked, he looked confused so Izuku elaborated on what he had deduced so far. 

"Tokoyami has staggering offensive and defensive capabilities. If Yaoyorozu can defend and retaliate quickly she could stand a chance. But Tokoyami is so fast." Izuku explained. He knew that much having worked with him in the Cavalry battle. 

The match started and Dark Shadow shot forward from Tokoyami's body. A shield grew from Yaoyorozu's right arm, and it finished just in time to defend the hard strike Dark Shadow landed on it. But he was already changing direction and swooping in again with hard strike after strike. The first shield was flung off of her as she backpedaled and tried to grow a new one. She got it up just in time again to take another hard attack. 

Dark Shadow whirled back, and she stared at Tokoyami before forming what looked like a staff. The match was called, she looked shocked. Izuku felt a pang because she hadn't realized it yet, her foot was out of bounds. 

Tokoyami bowed to Yaoyorozu respectfully as he was declared the winner. He hadn't even taken a step away from where he started. 

"Tokoyami is so powerful." Izuku gushed in pride, he would be a pack member for sure. "He forced her out of the bounds by focusing his attacks on her shield. He obviously had a strategy worked out." 

"Yeah I guess so," Ojiro huffed. "Maybe he didn't want to hurt her. I bet she's really upset about how that went down." 

That wasn't the point in how dominance fights were. In a wolf pack one could always fight for their position again. The only time that wasn't the case, was if someone managed to beat an Alpha but didn't succeed in taking out the other Alpha mate. In that sense, Yaoyorozu could always fight and win against Tokoyami later. The same applied to anyone if they knocked him off the tournament. They would have to go through Kacchan to take over their pack. He would likewise be the wall if someone beat Kacchan. 

"I feel bad for her." Ojiro sat back and Izuku thought it over as a human would. It would be a blow to have lost that quickly. But she would have to swallow that as they all would when losses happened. Izuku was sure she could come back from that.

Kirishima's match was called next and he would be facing Tetsutetsu. What an even match up. That would go on for a long time he was sure. Izuku got up to look for Uraraka, her match was coming soon. He wanted to make sure she was doing alright preparing before he wished Kacchan well. 

Izuku opened the door to one of the two waiting rooms they had set aside for them. He saw Iida waiting with Uraraka, she looked very nervous sitting there with one hand covering her wrist. "Uraraka." He greeted. 

"Oh Deku," She forced a smile at him. "Why aren't you watching the matches?" 

"Most of them ended the way I expected. And it's looking like Kirishima's match is going to go on for a while." Izuku explained and walked to the table. 

"I'm next," She told them and shivered. "So this is it, my fight." 

"It'll be okay," Iida tried to soothe her. "I don't think Bakugou would use full force explosions on a girl. Would he?"

"Oh, he would," Izuku nodded immediately, "Everyone is trying to get the top spot. Even if she weren't fighting Kacchan, I don't think anyone would hold back." 

He lifted up his notebook and smiled at his female pack member. "You've helped me so much, maybe I can help you. Repay all the kindness you've shown me." He ran his fingers over the scorched book. "Ever since Kacchan and I were little I've always kept track of his progress. In here I have all those notes. I'm sure if you wanted, I could help you form a strategy to beat him." 

"Hey, well alright," Iida smiled happily, he gestured to Izuku. "That's perfect." 

"Thank you so much, but no." Uraraka looked at them seriously. It seemed her nerves had settled a bit, "Sorry." 

"I had a feeling you would say that." Izuku nodded and smiled at her warmly. 

"You're wonderful. I keep saying that over and over. During the Cavalry Battle I told you it was good to team up with friends." Uraraka frowned at the table. "But now that I think about it, I might have been trying to rely on you to get by. That's why when Iida said he was going to try his best to beat you, I got embarrassed at myself." 

"Uraraka..." Izuku bit his tongue on the statement that he was the pack alpha. He may be having trouble getting used to the idea of really leading. But his instincts said that his pack mates could always rely on him. That wasn't what she needed to hear. She needed his support more than anything else. 

"Everyone is facing their future today and giving their all. That means were all rivals. Even you and me Deku." Uraraka looked at him with fully settled nerves and a determined light in her eyes. "So I guess I'll see you in the finals." 

Izuku nodded at her then at Iida. He stepped out of the room and followed his nose to his mate. The room next door was empty of other students, the room dim and calm. Only Kacchan was there, he was limbering up and looked at him when he entered. Izuku locked the door and set his notebook down. "You calm her jittery ass down? I saw her pacing before she ran in there." 

"I think she'll do fine." Izuku laughed, "She might even beat you." 

"Hah?" Kacchan lifted to his feet and stalked towards him. Izuku grinned and pressed his back to the door as his mate crowded him. "The fuck you talking about Deku?" 

"Just remember she's determined." Izuku breathed and lifted onto his toes to wrap his arms around his mate's neck. "I miss you." 

"Yeah?" Kacchan breathed against his lips. 

"It's been a few weeks since we've really been with each other." Izuku growled and swept his nose over his mate's nose. 

"After the tournament I'm taking my prize." Kacchan growled and snapped his head forward. Izuku couldn't even banter back he was too focused on opening his mouth to clash with his mate. Instead of the hasty plunge he was expecting, Kacchan kissed him slow and deep. Izuku's blood heated and he canted his hips into the hard press of his mates. He could feel his mate was hard already. It had been far far too long. He needed to make it to the end of the day. They groaned at the same time. 

They broke apart and Izuku growled as his mate bit at his neck. He felt his claws did into the fabric of Kacchan's gym clothes. A knock sounded and they paused. A growl rumbled from him and an equally irritated sound came from Kacchan. "Bakugou Katsuki, your match is next." 

An attendant. 

Izuku huffed and untangled himself from where he'd been rutting onto his mate and righted his boyfriend's clothes. It was rather tame compared to what he knew they could get up to. So Izuku handed him a water bottle and the hazy lust smell coming from Kacchan dissipated as he cooled down. "Deku," Kacchan addressed and Izuku looked up. "Don't root for me."

Izuku felt a soft smile form on his face. His mate wanted him to root for Uraraka. He would. He opened the door and walked his mate to the divide. He moved up to the box and left his mate to head to the field. Once up in the box he walked to the railing to stand and watch. Izuku watched the sexy swagger in his mate's walk with a smirk. 'Do your best Uraraka.' 

 

Chapter 27: Bakugou Vs. Uraraka

Summary:

Katsuki fights Uraraka, and Izuku decides Endeavor is a piece of shit.

Notes:

Spoilers for Bnha 194

 

Guys... I'm crying. I'm super emotional. My Shinsou has been training with Aizawa. It's no longer just speculation, he's using the capture scarf omg. I love it. I just can't... My heart wasn't ready.

Just join 1-A already. I need more Shinsou. Mini Aizawa is what he is.

Chapter Text

Katsuki walked up the steps to the platform ring. And there walked Round Face, Deku's hanger on, prospective pack member. He snorted, she still looked weak. "You're the one who screws around with gravity, right Round Face?"

"Round Face?!" She shrieked. 

"Well, if you're gonna give up, do it now." Katsuki warned, "Cause I'm not gonna hold anything back." 

She looked at him with a determined glare. It was one he was used to seeing on Deku. Only when Deku did it, he liked looking at it. His boyfriend had a knack for proving himself through his determination. He'd have to see if she was as good as all that. 

"Giving up isn't an option for me!" She dashed at him the moment the match was called to begin. 

 


 

"Midoriya, what was the plan you were going to give Uraraka?" Iida asked as Izuku leaned on the railing. He looked back at his friend. 

"Honestly it wasn't much of a plan at all." Izuku admitted, "Kacchan doesn't have many openings, and the few he does are not easily exploited. The more Kacchan moves around the more he sweats, which makes him all the more dangerous." 

Kacchan had gotten very good in the past weeks at maneuvering in the air. So any plan he could have formulated would have depended on Kacchan being disoriented. If Uraraka could get past his guard and touch him, it was the best chance she had to get him out of bounds. Izuku ran his fingers over his neck and down to his scar. "She will need to strike first." 

Uraraka ran at Kacchan first and Izuku smiled. "Good start," he breathed. She had decided on her own to attack first. 

"It won't be easy." Iida frowned from where he sat and huffed. "He won't let her get too close." 

"That's why he won't dodge." Izuku smiled as he watched his mate. So predictable, but so very volatile. Fighting him was a privilege and an enlightening experience. Izuku knew every inch of his mate, especially his fighting style. "He'll focus on counter attacking." 

 


 

"Now you die." Katsuki saw her coming at him and gritted his teeth in annoyance. 

'Kacchan you always use a big right hook to start a fight.' Fucking nerd knew him too well.

Katsuki drew his arm back again and splashed his explosions across the ground. It swept right over her from where she was running in low. He took a few steps back out of the black smoke screen he'd created. "Stupid, I knew it was coming and still fell for it!" She hissed at herself. 

He may be predictable enough for even her to pick up on his habits. But he was still fast, faster than ever. He could be predictable all day long but there was nothing anyone could do about his right hook; if no one was fast enough to do anything about it. "You should have backed out of the match." Katsuki growled, "There's no way you can beat me!"

Katsuki lunged through the smoke and his hand landed on the fabric of Round Face's gym uniform. Another explosion blasted from his palm and the ground was rocked with the force. He frowned as he realized he wasn't feeling the firmness of back muscles, instead he felt the actual ground. The smoke cleared ad he was looking at her gym jacket on the ground. Where the fuck was she?

His senses screamed at him and he twisted his head. He had always been hyper aware of his surroundings. It had taken Deku a long time to get good at hunting him, he was always aware of things around him. Right now his regular senses, which were amped up to max thanks to Deku's mating bite, were telling him he was in danger. He saw her then, jumping from the smoke and aiming for his back. 

He hadn't trained with a wolf on his ass through elementary school for nothing. He redistributed his weight from one leg in his crouch to the other and swept his hand up from the ground. His hand sparked violently, and the explosion tore up the cement as he hurled it at her. It traveled along the ground like a streak of exploding fire. She was thrown back from him and her scream echoed before she rolled back to her feet. He got up and swept his arm through the rising black smoke again. She was already running at him again. Damn she had guts.

"Too slow!" His roar was punctuated by his left palm shooting forward. The explosion that tore from it amplified as it left his skin. The full blast tore through the ring and he felt the heaviness of the damage it left in its wake. Where was she? She didn't scream as that one went off. That was the kind of blast he used on Deku to start with because of his bulk. 

"I've got you!" Her voice echoed from behind him again and he cursed. His next explosion knocked her back again. He whirled before she could get close enough to touch. Fucking shit she was persistent. No matter how many times he exploded her she just got the fuck back up. Like fucking Deku. "This isn't over yet!" 

He hoped not, he was barely warmed up. 

She kept trying, coming at him despite the explosions that destroyed the ground and heated the air around him. As if he was going to let her tough him with that floating shit. Round Face's tactics were simple at this point, she would wait for him to attack, and duck out into the smoke. She attacked then from the side, or behind him. She tried again for him and he clawed the air. The explosion bounced her back. 

She wasn't impervious to it; she was taking damage. 

Katsuki noticed he wasn't even moving anymore. Had she thought limiting his movements would keep him from sweating? He may be immune to his own explosions, but he was not immune to the heat that came from them. So his sweat glands kept producing what he needed. He was in the epicenter of the smoke, craters and scorch marks circling him. He wouldn't relax, she had been relentless so far. Katsuki watched the smoke for the barest sign of a ripple of movement.

"We're not finished." She panted and there she was. She was out of breath, damn near ready to start fighting him with fists. She wasn't going to concede to a simple blast out of bounds. Frankly, his respect went up a notch at that. The only way she was going to go down was if he beat her down himself. The look in her eyes, it reminded him a lot of how fierce Deku could be. The shitty nerd chose well. "I think... it's about time." 

Katsuki tensed, what the fuck was she talking about? Was she going to throw in the curve ball now? He was waiting for whatever trick she had up her sleeve. She looked at him with a dangerous smile. "Thank you Bakugou, for keeping your eyes focused on me! Release!" 

Her fingers came together in a steeple and he looked up. There above them were hundreds of rocks and debris from his destructive defense. The barrage of rocks started to plummet towards him, and he snorted. She was smart, he wasn't really expecting something like this as her trick to beat him. 

Katsuki kept his eye on the mass of falling rocks. He glared and bent his spread legs at the knee to absorb the shock. He lifted his left arm and braced it with the right. This was as good as it was going to get. He needed to use this ability without the gauntlet to help, this was going to fucking hurt. Small sparks bloomed over his forearm before it ignited and shot out his largest explosion. It blasted out massive and bright. All the rocks were obliterated in the air. 

He held his aching arm for a second more as the shock of such a powerful blast had rocked his shoulder again. Goddammit. His arm was still smoking. "I figured you had some stupid plan like that to beat me." Katsuki rumbled as he stalked forward through the smoke. Now it was his turn to go on the offensive. "You are friends with my damn nerd after all." 

"It only took you one shot...!" She was gaping at him in shock. She whimpered before she looked dejectedly down. She would make a great pack member, but she needed to remember, he was an alpha. Now that she had seen that, he wanted to see how much more she could do. She'd proven to be a good opponent. 

She got to her feet and a wicked smirk stole over his lips. "Alright then," He grinned wildly. "Let's get serious, Uraraka!" 

He started forward ready to fight that fire that burned deep in her gaze. Only her body wobbled the moment she took a step to lunge at him as well. She collapsed then, and he stilled. She'd come at him with everything she had. She dragged herself forward then, determination in her fading eyes. "I can still do it..." She panted, "I can still fight... I'll become a hero!" 

Katsuki huffed and lowered his hands as Midnight dashed across the ring. Round Face was down for the count. "Uraraka is KO’ed, Bakugou advances to the second round!" Midnight announced. 

He could have walked off the platform, but he waited. Watching with sharp eyes as his new pack mate was loaded onto a stretcher to head to the infirmary. For a second he could see Deku lying there. Weeks ago he had been. Katsuki remembered holding Deku after he'd broken his arm, burned and beaten everywhere else. That time, Katsuki had been consumed with shame, and hate over hurting the love of his life.

This was different. Round Face wasn't on that stretcher because he had inflicted pain upon her. No she was on that stretcher because she overexerted herself and passed out. He didn't feel that crippling pain in his chest now. Now he felt pride. Pride in his ability to fight without hurting her unnecessarily. And pride in her for coming at him so hard. She had acknowledged his strength, so he would acknowledge her.

 


 

Izuku walked down the hall of the arena back to the waiting room. He was worried about Uraraka, she had a very good chance there. Had taken all the opportunities afforded to her and she fought well. But a loss was a loss, and he wondered how she was handling it now. Kacchan was an overwhelming force to be reckoned with. And Izuku's mate had met Uraraka as an equal. He was going to reward his mate later. 

Izuku was so engrossed in his thoughts he collided with someone coming up the stairs. Hard familiar hands grabbed for him after they hit the ground. "Kacchan!" He gaped at his mate's incensed look. "Hi Kacchan!" 

"The fuck were you doing nerd?!" Kacchan roared up at him. 

"I'm up next, so I was going to wait in the waiting room." Izuku spluttered. Kacchan looked away with an embarrassed flush. Had Kacchan been caught in his thoughts too? He was so cute when he blushed. 

"Alright get off me Deku," Kacchan growled and Izuku got up, he held out a hand and his mate grabbed his forearm. Once his mate was standing again Izuku smiled up at him. "Did you have anything to do with that stupid desperate plan? You would have thought up something that annoying." 

"She told me no," Izuku smiled softly. "I offered to help her strategize, but she turned me down." 

They stared at each other a moment more. An unspoken conversation of their mutual impressed reactions to her went between their eyes. "I decided," Kacchan said suddenly. "Glasses and Roundface, Delta's." 

Protectors of the pack's wellbeing, peacekeepers. 

"That's perfect Kacchan." Izuku grinned happily. "And Kirishima, he's your beta." 

The blush was back. Izuku leaned up to nip at his mate's cheek. He got a growl for his effort and when he backed up his mate was sealing their lips together. They broke apart after Kacchan had plundered his mouth.  Kacchan's fingers traced over the place where his mark was. "You'd better not lose to that Half and Half bastard." 

"I won't." Izuku vowed. 

 


 

Katsuki sauntered down to the seating box where the rest of his extras were. He stepped through and saw Shitty hair, and Shittier Hair having an arm-wrestling match in the ring. What the fuck? "Hey Bakugou! Playing the villain must have been tough!" That was Tape Guy. 

"Even if it was because of who you were up against, you still made a convincing bad guy." Froggy was a real asshole when she wanted to be. 

"Shut up you idiots!" Katsuki snarled, "Or else!"

"For real dude," Electric Douche chimed in. "I don't know how you could aim a powerful blast at a frail girl like that. I couldn't help but hold back against Shiozaki."

"She completely overpowered you Kaminari." Froggy's attitude had been swayed away from him. Katsuki didn't give a fuck now. 

"Can't you let me have this?!" Electric Douche hissed.

"I definitely wouldn't call that girl frail." Katsuki slumped into his seat. No, his Delta was strong. 

 


 

Izuku was stretching and getting back into the head space to fight. He looked periodically at the notes he had on Todoroki. It was then the door opened and in walked Uraraka. "Man, I lost!" She greeted. Izuku got back to his feet from the lunge he was in and looked her over worriedly. "Too bad." 

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

"Yeah Recovery Girl patched me up." She grinned to reassure him, and he only grew more worried. She sat and blew out a breath, "Jeeze, that Bakugou is so powerful. I didn't realize how strong he was going to be. I just realized how much training I still have to do."

"Are you sure you're good?" Izuku asked again and watched as she looked at her phone before tucking it close to her chest. 

"Yeah, I'm a lot better than I thought I was going to be." She admitted and there, the act was gone. She looked bothered now. "Even if you lose Deku, you always keep looking to what's ahead. This just means I have to work harder now." 

"That's true," Izuku conceded and closed the distance between them. He laid his hand on her shoulder and looked her in the eyes. "I would like to ask you to be in my pack." 

"Your pack?" She asked. 

"Yeah, I wanted to ask you ever since we worked together. Kacchan agreed and we've decided we want you in the pack. We are an Alpha pair after all." Izuku smiled. 

"You want me?" 

"Yes," Izuku stepped back and shrugged his shoulders. "My pack consists of elder units, my mom, Kacchan's parents, my trainer Yagi-san, and Aizawa-Sensei. Currently the active pack is only me, Kacchan, and hopefully you. I still have to hear back from Iida, Tokoyami, and Kirishima. Take your time to answer." 

A knock sounded at the door and an attendant summoned him for his match. Izuku nodded and headed for the door. "Deku!" Uraraka called. He turned and she smiled warmly back at him. "I'll definitely join your pack." 

"Really?" He asked with a bright excited grin. 

"I'll be watching." She nodded, "Good luck out there." 

"Thanks." He stepped out of the room and walked down the hall to get to the stairs. Uraraka was his pack mate now, he had to have her back like she had his. 

He was walking down the next hall when a large pro stepped into his path. The fire lining of the costume told him it was the number two pro hero, Endeavor. "Ah, I was looking for you." The pro addressed him. 

"Oh, yeah?" Izuku bit back the snarl that wanted to tear out of him at the sight of this hero. 

"I watched your fight against that brainwashing guy," Endeavor said, and Izuku was already irritated that Shinsou's amazing performance against him was undercut by the title of his quirk already. "Your power is pretty impressive. To create so much wind pressure, just from flicking your fingers... your werewolf strength reminds me of another quirk. You seem to have much in common with All Might." 

Izuku didn't like this man speculating about his connection to his mentor. He didn't know if Endeavor knew about All Might's secret. But he sure wasn't going to expose it himself. Not to this man, his instincts told him one thing. This man was dangerous, and he didn't like him. Izuku brushed past him and started towards the stairs. "I have to get going." 

"It's my Shouto's duty to surpass All Might as the number one hero." Endeavor spoke and Izuku stilled with his back to the threat his instincts were screaming at him about. "And his match with you will be the proving ground of all the training he's had. So hit him hard and don't disgrace yourself by holding back."

Izuku remembered Todoroki's words about how this man pretty much bought his wife. How he reduced his wife to a psychotic break that Todoroki endured the remnants of. And then used his own child for selfish gains. Izuku could see the results of abuse in the other teen's eyes when they had talked. Izuku felt his hackles raise as Endeavor pretty much told him to put on a show so his son could be tested against someone similar to All Might. 

"That's all I had to say," Endeavor was dismissing him. Izuku heard his growl bubble up and put a deeper bass to it. He wanted it to be threatening. "Sorry to have bothered you." 

"Endeavor." Izuku called and he tilted his head back to pin the hero with glowing eyes and sharp teeth. "I am not All Might." 

"What? What are you-?"

"And the same goes for Todoroki." Izuku interjected and bared his fangs at the pro. "He may be your son, but he isn't you." 

Izuku watched the hero a moment more, eyes locked onto a neon blue shade of iris before Endeavor scoffed and walked away. Izuku's inner wolf snorted in disgust. Izuku turned and continued down the steps to the bottom floor so he could walk out onto the arena field. 

As he walked he came to a decision. He was going to throw the challenge out the window and disregard the rest of the festival. He was also going to forfeit his side of the bet. Instead his new goal, one his wolf agreed was a better priority, was to tear Todoroki out of Endeavor's shadow. 

The other teen had been so mired in that darkness he was crippling himself to spite that old piece of shit. Izuku was going to channel his mate, and he was going to give in to his instincts. They demanded this powerful teen become a part of his pack. And Izuku was going to do his damnedest to rip that darkness out of Todoroki. 

He neared the platform and as he walked up he met Todoroki's determined gaze. "So here we are." 

"Only one of us can win." Izuku answered. And that was it. He sank into a ready stance and unzipped his jacket. His werewolf body took over and he looked forward as Todoroki slapped his knee and similarly settled into a fighting stance. Izuku was going to have to fight unhindered. He would apologize to All Might later.  

*

Chapter 28: Todoroki Shouto: Origin

Summary:

Izuku fights Todoroki

Notes:

Sorry for the late update I spent the past night in the er with my son. He had to have his ears irrigated and has an ear infection. So yeah, 4 hours of that, twelve hours of mad baby over all... fun.

So here's the update in tandem with Underground Hero. Back to the usual schedule tomorrow.

Chapter Text

Todoroki would start with an ice attack. All of Izuku's research told him to expect it. He was going to have to keep Todoroki from gaining momentum. "Begin!"

That predicted ice attack spread from Todoroki right leg. Izuku was not going to be taken out so easily. His right furred arm lifted, and he braced the wrist. He couldn't afford to cripple his arm, but he wasn't going to hold back.

One For All burned through his arm and focused down to his middle finger. The ice grew into a massive encroaching wall, but Izuku was going to destroy it. He flicked his finger, 'SMASH!'

His finger instantly broke, the ice shattered, and wind pressure exploded from the wake of his destruction. The air cleared and Izuku saw Todoroki had created an ice barrier behind him to keep himself from being knocked out of bounds. 

Clearly it wasn't enough to keep Todoroki from using the same tactic again. Izuku growled in irritation and used his right index finger to blast the attack away a second time. His hand smarted but Izuku could ignore the pain. This wasn't about his pain. 

Izuku didn't know much about Todoroki's fighting style. He was so fast it was hard to pick up his tells. Izuku needed to focus and find an opening. It was there somewhere. He could figure this out; Izuku was a werewolf, a hunter. Right now, Todoroki was his prey. 

"Let's continue." Todoroki hissed out a breath of fog.

Izuku growled as another barrage of ice tore at him. He flicked his ring finger and growled at the pain. The attack shattered before it ever got close to him.

 


 

Katsuki glared down at the fight. What was Deku doing? He was faster and stronger than this. He was skirting the edges, as if he were just toying with his opponent. Katsuki snorted in irritation. Had the plan to beat the Half and Half shit changed?

"Ah man!" Shitty Hair ran down to them. "I'm missing it!"

"Hey, congrats on making it to the next round Kirishima." Electric Head grinned from next to Katsuki.

"Thanks!" The red head beamed a grin down at them. "Looks like I'll be taking down Bakugou next."

"I'll kill you." Katsuki growled in warning.

"Yeah, yeah, sure, in your dreams." Shitty hair laughed. "Seriously though, it's crazy how you and Todoroki have moves that can blast the whole stadium. Must be nice."

"Plus, you don't have to pause between attacks." Tape Arms leaned in to agree. Katsuki rolled his eyes.

"It's not as easy as you think." Katsuki growled. Why the fuck was it always him? This is why Deku should be up here, he could ramble on and educate these idiots. "You morons."

"Huh?" Shitty Hair cocked his head. Katsuki kept his eyes on his boyfriend below as he decided to explain.

"If you overuse your muscles you run the risk of treating them apart. If you sprint too much you run out of breath." Katsuki folded his arms and ignored the slight ache in his arm. He had pushed how big of an explosion he could use against Round Face.

They all had a limit to how much power they could produce. That was why he designed his costume the way he did. His gauntlets were made to let him fire off blasts that his body usually didn't allow him to.

"Quirks are physical abilities too." Katsuki was irritated that he even had to explain that. "They get worn out. You can't just use them nonstop."

"It makes sense when you put it that way." Shitty Hair mused. At least the red head was learning. "I wonder if that's how Midoriya is going to try to beat Todoroki. He can move between those different werewolf forms so easily."

"Deku can't use his wolf too much." Katsuki huffed. "He can only do that because he controls the quirk. If he pushes too hard the wolf could take over."

And that was where he had to step in. The wolf decided to react like a wounded animal. Deku had almost been there the day of the USJ. But the wolf would never hurt Katsuki. That damn nerd had better not lose.

 


 

"It seems like you want an endurance match! "Todoroki bent over his knee and lunged for Izuku. "But I'll end this quickly!"

Izuku braced his legs and bared his teeth. A larger blast of ice rushed into Izuku's field of vision. Izuku swung his hand back up and flicked his pinky. The ice was obliterated by One For All. Izuku growled as he saw Todoroki running over the frosted path he'd formed. 

He was going to have to use his injured hand. Izuku flicked his left middle finger and snarled at the sharp stab of pain that ran up his hand. The ice Todoroki was traveling on was blasted away. Hopefully that put some distance between them

Izuku's instincts screamed at him and he looked up, Todoroki had made it over Izuku's smash. He was flying towards Izuku, so he jumped to the side. Izuku crouched with his tail swishing as Todoroki landed.

A bloom of ice spread rapidly from the point of Impact and as Izuku dodged it he got tagged on his side. He was trapped and if he didn't get free, Todoroki would freeze him in place.

With only one option Izuku lifted his left arm and shook himself violently. The ice cracked free and he was loose. But even that took precious time. Todoroki had already directed another wave of ice at him.

In a serious reflex Izuku punched out with his left arm. One For All crushed his bones but the smash shattered the attack and blew Todoroki back. He reached over to touch his aching arm and felt his whole sleeve had been blown off. The fur shifted over his broken claws.

Todoroki had formed a ring of ice around himself. He was so overwhelmingly powerful. "That was much more powerful than your other attacks." The other teen shoved a slab of ice off of his body as a stood up. "You're trying to keep me away. Smart."

Todoroki was not someone he wanted to get into a physical brawl with. He could lose instantly with one grapple or strike. Frozen before he could ever retaliate. 

So far Izuku had established that Todoroki's judgement, reasoning, and mobility were on part of even above his quirk's versatility. But Izuku could see the tells now. Todoroki had frost crawling up his body with each attack. He wasn't immune to his own ice.

"What's the matter, are you really that worn out from my attacks?" Todoroki goaded and Izuku fought not to get riled up. A good hunter was patient. He knew the other teen's weakness now. Todoroki was only trying to distract from how he was shivering in the cold.

"I'm sorry for this." Todoroki huffed out a cold breath. "But thanks for drawing it out. Look, he's furious that I'm not using his power."

Was he looking into the stands?! Izuku's wolf snarled in his mind. Todoroki wasn't even paying attention to him. Was Todoroki really more focused on that flaming asshole than their fight?!

"With your hands like that you can't fight anymore can you?" Todoroki asked, "So let's end this!" 

The ice that surrounded Todoroki whirled into a new shape. It burst out and grew in size as it sped towards Izuku. Teeth bared and a deep rumble rasped his voice into something angry, and violent. "I am not done yet!" 

He flung his hand up and used his right index finger to blast the ice away. The force blasted Todoroki from his compromised barrier. He tumbled before he caught himself and glared daggers at Izuku. "Dammit!" Todoroki cursed. "With your broken fingers?! Why are you going so far?!" 

"You're trembling Todoroki." Izuku shook his body and compartmentalized the pain to the back of his brain. He couldn't let it overcome him, if he did he feared his wolf would pull out of his control. "It's easy to forget that quirks are physical abilities. And that means there's a limit to the cold your body can take." 

"I get it now. You can use the heat in your left side to make up for the drop-in temperature." He saw the twitch in Todoroki's shivering arms. He hadn't expected Izuku to figure it all out. "But you're refusing to do that aren't you?" 

Izuku snorted and fought to lower how angry he was. "Listen were all giving everything we've got to try and win." Izuku's mind turned to Iida and Uraraka challenging him and fighting against their class to prove they could do it. 

"To make our dreams a reality." Izuku remembered the drive and hunger in Shinsou's eyes. Forced to settle for Gen-Ed when everything in him wanted to be a hero. 

"To become number one." Izuku flicked his gaze up into the stands where his mate was. The promise Kacchan made to prove he was worthy of the title of number one. Worthy of Izuku. He turned his gaze back to Todoroki and fisted his broken clawed fingers. "You think you can win by only using half your strength?!"  

Izuku's lupine ears flicked back angrily and his fur bristled. "Look at me Todoroki! You haven't managed to put a scratch on me. So you'd better come at me with everything you've got if you think you can beat me!" 

"Midoriya... What are you trying to do here?!" Todoroki demanded. Finally there was a crack in the mask Todoroki wore to protect himself. Sometimes you had to lance your wounds to drain them of the poison inside. That was the way to heal. Todoroki had a lot of wounds. "You want my fire?! Did my old man bribe you or something?!"

Izuku didn't fight for assholes like Endeavor. He fought for himself. 

 


 

Katsuki jumped to his feet as Half and Half ran at Deku. He was slower, ice was cropping up on his skin. Was that why he was slowing down? Maybe his quirk was like the MP meter in a video game. If that was true he could be running on empty. Had IcyHot wasted most of his energy hitting Tape Arms with that damn glacier?

Katsuki walked down to the railing and gripped the metal. If IcyHot's quirk was like MP, then Deku's was like an extended Ultimate. It drained his MP and HP. And unlike the fight they had that changed their relationship dynamic, Half and Half wasn't pack. Not yet at least. While Deku would never hurt a pack member, the same couldn't be said for officials, or medical staff, IcyHot himself. If Deku wasn't careful in this fight, and stopped fucking injuring himself he was going to set off his survival instincts. 

 


 

Izuku waited until Todoroki closed the distance between them. He watched sharply as Todoroki committed to his forward charge. And right when he was in range of Izuku, his right foot lifted off the ground. That was when Izuku took his chance. He lunged in with One For All wreathing his left arm. He drove his fist deep into Todoroki's stomach. He kept a tight rein on the output, forcing all the recoil back into his arm rather than blasting them apart and potentially killing Todoroki. 

He was only trying to fight; he didn't want to kill. 

As Todoroki was flung away from him his arm reached out and dragged down the length of Izuku's left arm. His elbow was locked into the extended position by that ice. The crystals sprouted from his fur and dug into his skin deeply. Izuku arched as the cold seeped into his elbow and blood spurted from his fist. 

Izuku looked up his chest heaving as his nerves burned inside his limbs. Todoroki got back to his feet and panted to regain his breath. He charged at Izuku again. Ice ran alongside him and he threw his arm out. Izuku crouched and dodged it easily. The ice was slowing down. It was suddenly easy to strafe around Todoroki's increasingly weaker attacks. Izuku went on the offensive and swept his claws out at Todoroki. He snapped his jaws threateningly and clawed out at the other teen. 

They broke apart again and Izuku couldn’t really feet his fingers. He couldn’t make a fist. As Todoroki started after him again, Izuku braced his clawed thumb on his muzzle. He powered that digit up with One For All and flicked his thumb. The concussive smash blasted Todoroki back towards the edge of the ring. Ice sprouted to catch his tumbling body and he got back to his feet. Izuku rolled back to his haunches. It was getting too hard to retaliate now. 

"Why are you putting yourself through this?!" Todoroki demanded as he stumbled back over. Izuku had to, he didn't think anyone had thrown themselves in front of Todoroki's demons in a very long time. Izuku would do that, he would do anything for his pack. 

"I want to live up to people's expectations." Izuku voiced some of his feelings. He would reach Todoroki. "I want to be able to smile while doing something good for others. I want to be a pro! I'll do whatever it takes to be a hero!"

Todoroki was distracted and Izuku lunged into his body to hurl the boy across the ring. He faced Todoroki and showed his resolve, his determination. "That's why I'll give this my all, just like you should be!"

They swung at each other again and ended up stumbling back while trying to dodge arms. "Listen," Izuku dipped his muzzle to entreat Todoroki's attention. "I can never know what you've been through. Or why you're here. Your life is so different from mine. But right now, stop screwing around!" 

The sharp look Izuku got meant he had his opponents undivided attention now. Good. 

"You want to reject your father? Fine." Izuku snarled. "But you'll never be number one if you won't use your full power!"

Ice was crawling over Todoroki's body; the cold was affecting him much faster. Now was his chance. Izuku balled his fist up and lunged in punching his opponent in the stomach again. "That's why I'm going to win! I'll surpass you!" 

Ice crackled all around them as Todoroki fell to the ground. "I'll reject you." Todoroki's voice wavered as he got back to his feet. He wasn't seeing out of his eyes at the moment. "I refuse to use your power." 

"It's your quirk!" Izuku yelled desperately. He needed Todoroki to see, "Your quirk, not his!" 

Dual colored eyes looked up in shock, and the raw pain in them speared Izuku. Fire roared over Todoroki's left arm. Izuku felt his maw open in a feral grin. Finally. 

Ice crackled as it was melted away from Todoroki's body. It was magnificent the way the fire crackled. Izuku would have pages to work with later when he detailed everything he learned of Todoroki's quirk. "You fool. Even though you want to win this battle, you pushed this hard. Now which one of us is screwing around?!" Todoroki was so cool. Ice was still growing up from Todoroki's right leg, and fire flashed and flowed over his left arm and shoulder. "I want it too! I'll be a hero!" 

His two-tone eyes were finally alight with real emotion. A smile spread Todoroki's face, and it looked like he'd forgotten how to so do. 

"Yeah Shouto! Have you finally accepted your purpose?! That's it, very good!" Ugh, that asshole was back. "This is the dawn of a new era for us! With my blood in your veins, you'll surpass me. You will live up to the reason I created you!" 

"Don't fucking look at him!" Izuku roared. This was their fight, their battle. He would not let that asshole get his claws back into Todoroki. "Your fight is with me!"

"You were smiling." Todoroki breathed from where he stood. He wasn't paying attention to his father roaring from the stands? "With those injuries you're in a hopeless situation. You must be crazy." 

"Haven't you ever heard not to corner a wild animal?" Izuku bantered and laughed. 

"Don't blame me for what happens next." Todoroki threw back. 

Izuku watched as a glacier burst from Todoroki like a tidal wave. Izuku threw One For All into his leg and jumped. He flew high above the sea of ice roiling below him. He threw his whole arm back and altered where One For All was directed. Once he was over the edge of the ice he fell towards the epicenter of the attack. He picked up speed and yelled with excitement, "Come at me with all you've got Todoroki!" 

He saw Todoroki move; it was a mirror image of what he did to freeze the robots in the obstacle race. His arm drew down and as it lifted he super-heated his palm. The fire burned white hot as if it were a jet burner itself. He threw up his hand and Izuku hurled his own forward. "I see now!" Todoroki yelled to him. "Thank you!"

Their attacks blasted out and Izuku felt his vision white out as the air combusted around him. He'd super-heated the frozen air and it met Izuku's open palmed smash like a bomb. He was hurtled out of the air, tumbling end over end before smashing into a wall. He felt his muscles scream, and his bones creak. His inner wolf howled, and he fell to the ground. 

Izuku's body reacted violently and shifted from his werewolf form, to full wolf. He was panting and struggled to get to his feet. "Midoriya is out of bounds!" He knew he was; grass was pushed between his paws. "Todoroki Shouto wins!"

It felt like he heard that from so very far away. A tunnel of darkness hovered at the edges of his vision. His legs trembled as he lumbered a step. He needed to get out of sight before his wolf lost control. He struggled and fought his broken legs to work. His healing was pulsing, but he was afraid it wouldn't work. He managed to get into the tunnel and collapse. 

He sensed staff members and medical personnel swarming near him. A threatening growl tore from his throat. He needed them to get away, he didn't want to hurt anyone, but he had fought too hard. Injured himself too badly. He needed to get centered before he got medical attention. "Hey! Back the fuck up!" 

Izuku knew that gravelly voice. Knew that nitroglycerin and musk smell. 

Kacchan...

"Get the fuck off me!" 

"You need to get back! He needs medical attention!" Someone was fighting Kacchan? Keeping him from getting to Izuku? A deep threatening growl tore up as he fought to get back to his feet. He couldn't see anything; everything was starting to blur. 

"You're tripping his fighting instincts, just let me through dammit!" An explosion blasted from wherever he was. Within seconds warm hands slid through his fur and across his neck. His head was lifted, and he buried his nose in the skin of his mate's neck. He nosed a scar there and knew it was Kacchan. He was here, Izuku was safe. "Fucking assholes making it worse." 

No, it was really Izuku making it worse. He didn't have enough control to be a good patient right now. 

"I've got you nerd, I'm here." Kacchan breathed against his flicking ear. "Change back okay? It's hard to hold you like this, you're too fucking big." 

No, he couldn't change back. What if he was taken away from Kacchan? 

"Come on Izuku," Kacchan pressed his mouth to the space between Izuku's bleary eyes. "Come back." 

 


 

Katsuki kept murmuring encouragements. Smoothing his palms across Deku's head. And suddenly the curly fur started to recede. HIs body started to change back, slowly, and it looked painful. He held on until Deku was laying in his grip, smaller than him, easily picked up. Broken arms falling to the ground. Fucking nerd. 

"We can take it from here kid," One of the officials tried to cut in again and Katsuki leveled a dark glare at him. 

"You fucking touch him, and I'll blast you into next week." Katsuki threatened. He instead lifted Deku into his arms. He was careful to keep those broken arms on his torso. He walked off, heading for the infirmary. He didn't know these fucking staff members, but he knew Recovery Girl had seen to Deku before. Twice at least. 

He got into the infirmary to see she was waiting, already with a table stripped of bedding. "Thank you dearie," She smiled at him warmly and Katsuki gritted his teeth. He settled his boyfriend on the table, and she set to work. "You should get back; you're going to have another match soon. I promise he's safe with me." 

He trusted her, he had to. Katsuki brushed his fingers through that shaggy hair and ignored Recovery Girl's eyes on him as he brushed a kiss across his nerd's forehead. He'd beat the idiot senseless later. It seemed he needed to educate his mate on how not to injure himself in battle. Katsuki turned on his heel and left quickly. If he didn't move fast he wouldn't leave at all. He'd turn right the fuck back around and waltz back to Deku's side. 

He slammed his fist into the wall. "Fuck!"  

*

Chapter 29: Fight On Iida

Summary:

Izuku recovers from his fight with Todoroki

Notes:

Thank you for the comments everyone. But I'm back on schedule. My little one is recovering well with an antibiotic to deal with that ear infection. So yey, I can sleep now.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"The bones in your right arm are shattered." Recovery Girl's voice cut through the din of the infirmary. Toshinori looked down at his protege as he laid back in pain. "I'm afraid that even with your accelerated healing, it will never be the same. I need to remove the bone fragments, so they don't get stuck in your joints as you heal."

Toshinori saw his student wince as he suffered through the pain while Recovery Girl reported her diagnosis. She would have to operate here before she could heal him herself. Toshinori reached out and threaded his fingers through his alpha's hair. It settled the wolf in Toshinori, and his student calmed, it was comforting them both at least.

"You lit a fire under this boy and pushed him too far." Recovery Girl glared up at him from the other side of the bed. "Look at what he did to make you proud. I don't like it not at all."

She was right, but she hadn't seen that fight. She hadn't seen the exchanges, or the expression in his alpha's body language. He'd given up on winning in that fight. It wasn't about becoming the best, or even beating Young Todoroki. It was about dragging the boy from the poison of his father's influence. Considering the exchange they had had in the halls earlier... Toshinori had a new reason to dislike Endeavor. Even hate him. His words came back to the number one hero. He had made Young Todoroki to shoulder his dreams.

Disgusting.

"You're both going too far." Recovery Girl shook her head looking deeply bothered. "Don't praise him for what he did today."

That was a hard request to fulfill. This was exactly the kind of thing he would do to help someone, even if the enemy wasn't a person so much as it was psychological trauma.

"Midoriya!" A sudden exclamation punctuated by the door being smashed open caused Toshinori to cough up blood in his shock. His healing immediately set to repairing the torn scar tissue in his lungs. Damn. Uraraka eased over to the bed. "Are you okay?!"

"Scared the crap out of me." Toshinori breathed to himself. He shook his head and noticed his students. Young Iida, Young Asui, and Young Mineta had followed Young Uraraka into the infirmary.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you sir!" Uraraka turned a nervous smile to him. No one recognized him, good he could go with his other identity.

"Oh hey," He waved a hand weakly. "I'm Yagi Toshinori, I'm an elder member of Midoriya's pack."

"Oh!" Uraraka grinned suddenly. "I'm also a member of his pack."

"That's very great to hear. He needs all the support he can get." Toshinori smiled, it was good to see his students were getting along. "I'm here because I came to watch. But with Bakugou having other matches it's best if one of the pack members remains here to watch over our Alpha."

It was true, his alpha was still trying to center himself on the bed. The effort to control the wolf must be hard with injuries as extensive as his. He'd watched as Young Bakugou managed to coach their alpha back to human form. The explosive teen had to bodily wrench himself out of the room to go back and compete. It was warming to see the human alpha cared so much for his mate. It woke a hunger in Toshinori he didn't know he had. Something he had given up on when he was in UA as a student himself.

Toshinori hoped Aizawa was doing alright in the commentators box. He was stuck entertaining the masses. But he would feel the same drive to check on his alpha. The same need to know how the fight had damaged their student. Toshinori would go by to check on him after Young Midoriya was healed.

"He is in no state for visitors!" Recovery Girl admonished the crowd of teens.

"Hey... you guys..." Midoriya opened glowing eyes and his teeth rasped against his lip. Still on the verge of changing shape. Without Bakugou here while he was conscious he might slip into a different body to combat the pain. Toshinori couldn't let that happen. He edged back to the bed and ran his hand through the injured teen's hair. He relaxed a fraction again. "You should be watching the matches..."

"The stage is too damaged. They're taking a short break to repair it now." Iida reported.

"That match was the scariest thing I've ever seen Midoriya." Mineta's lispy voice cut in. "What pros are gonna want a sidekick that hurts themselves?"

Asui lashed him with her tongue and glared. "Now you're just rubbing salt in his wounds." She shook her head. "This is probably not a good time."

"Hey!" Mineta whirled on the frog girl. "I'm just speaking the truth!"

"You're much too noisy!" Recovery Girl walked over and started to herd the teens back to the door. "I know you're worried, but I've got to focus on surgery right now!"

"Surgery?!" All of the teens freaked out at once. Toshinori shot an amused look full of glowing blue to his alphas iridescent green.

"Go on, get out of here!" Recovery Girl lost her patience and just kicked them out. Toshinori shook his head fondly and looked back as Midoriya started to look drifty and pained again.

"I'm sorry..." Midoriya panted. "I couldn't do what you asked of me."

Oh, to introduce himself to the world. To take on the role of symbol of peace.

"If I had shut up, not said anything, Maybe I could have beat him." Midoriya growled from where he laid. "But I-"

"You got Todoroki to realize something important about himself out there." Toshinori interrupted the self-depreciation his student was about to fall into. He massaged his fingers and claws over his alpha's scalp affectionately.

"I guess so." Midoriya sighed. "In that first match, when he froze Sero, he looked so sad. I was trying to erase the darkness that seemed to hang on him. I should have been focused. I made a bigger mistake though. When we were fighting, I was so frustrated. I stopped seeing the bigger picture. The competition didn't matter, not even what it would take to win. I'm sorry."

"It's true the match may not have gone the way we wanted it to. Realizing where you went wrong won't change anything." Toshinori dipped into his experience for at least a decent modicum of wisdom to share. "Listen, meddling where you don't technically have to, is the very essence of being a hero."

A pained whimper slipped from Midoriya's lips and Toshinori leaned down to run his chin and jaw along his alphas head. The scent marking and blend of smells helped Midoriya relax further. Toshinori nodded to Recovery Girl and she reached up to unbind his arms.

 


 

Izuku panted as Recovery Girl finished healing the incision she made. The agony and searing feeling of bone fragments leaving his skin would be stuck in his mind for a long time to come. But now the pain was ebbing. "I've healed you enough so that you can walk. But be careful until your own healing catches up."

"Yes Ma'am," He nodded at her, but his gaze was drawn to his unwrapped hand. His fingers were knobby looking, with warped knuckles. Scars wrapped around his hand and he was shocked to see them. Damage he couldn't heal. He would need to update Dr. Mitsu.

"That's what you get for overusing your quirk in such a short time frame. Your healing can't keep up with it. Think of your crooked hand as a warning next time." Recovery Girl chided him sternly. "And just so you know, I will not heal injuries like this anymore."

Her warning was clear, so he nodded to show her he understood. Izuku frowned down at his hand and experimentally made a fist. It didn't feel all that different. "You have to find a new way for him to use that quirk." Recovery Girl directed her ire at All Might who was still by his side comfortingly. "There has to be another way that isn't so self-destructive."

She was right, and Izuku wasn't sure how to do that. Every time he thought he had it, he didn't. He couldn't make a hero career off of using One For All to break himself in a fight. He couldn't be crippled every time he used it. Otherwise what was he doing? One For All should really go to someone who wouldn't destroy themselves using it.

Izuku got dressed around his wrapped limbs and hobbled on his feet a moment. He wasn't in slings anymore, but his bones were still settling into place. Hyper extended and newly attached muscles still ached. He left to walk down the halls to get back to the sky box. He wanted to see Kacchan's fight.

"Hey, All Might," Izuku spoke as they walked. "Do you remember telling me about why you came to UA in the first place?"

"Yeah, to find a successor for One For All." All Might rumbled from behind him. Izuku couldn't turn, he was going to ask something painful.

"I put everything I had into this sports festival," Izuku breathed, "There were other competitors who fought harder than I did. So maybe-?"

"You're thinking there might be someone better to be my successor," All Might filled in with a low growl, "Yes?"

"Yes," Izuku acknowledged that he had seen quite a few students who could have benefited from having this overwhelming quirk.

"This place is indeed full of incredible potential," All Might said, "One For All is a crystallization of power, it bolsters quirks. Take Todoroki for example. If we added this strength to his already powerful abilities, he would be an unbeatable hero."

"Then-" Izuku started and turned around. He could pass the quirk on to someone who wouldn't break every time they used One For All.

"But I was quirkless too you know." All Might looked at him with glowing blue eyes. Izuku faltered.

"Quirkless?" Izuku whispered in shock.

"Back then it wasn't so rare. But it was still out of the ordinary." All Might smirked fondly at him. "Even though I didn't have a power of my own, I still had someone who believed in my potential. My master gave me One For All and raised me to become a hero."

"You never told me about that!" Izuku snapped, his mind was reeling. All Might had been like him. Izuku would have been him had Lycan not attacked that night.

"You never asked," All Might laughed, "Which is honestly surprising."

"I just can't believe the number one hero was quirkless." Izuku hissed and tried to wrap his head fully around that. All Might had lived Izuku's life and dream.

"When we first met I saw a little of myself in you." All Might confessed and stepped forward to grab his shoulder resolutely. "You exceeded my expectations time and time again. One day you're going to do incredible things with One For All. That's something I truly believe."

Izuku looked at his mentor as his heart raced. All Might believed in him. Even after his loss. "I'll do my best," Izuku vowed wetly as he fought off his tears.

"Anyways, the sports festival isn't over. Get out of here and go watch, you don't want to miss the end." All Might grinned down at him.

"Right!"

 


 

Izuku emerged out into the stadium and saw the match going on below was between Kirishima and Kacchan. Izuku smiled warmly to see his mate competing. He would visit before he had to go up the ladder.

Kirishima punched through Kacchan's explosions and Kacchan retaliated by blasting him again and again. It wasn't long before Kirishima ended up on the defensive. But his hardened skin made it easy to walk through Kacchan's strongest blasts. His win would depend entirely upon if he could wait out Kacchan. But the problem with that was, the more exertion Kacchan put out the stronger he got.

"Midoriya!" Iida's voice had Izuku turning on his heel to see his Delta walking out of the tunnel to him. "I take it your surgery went well. I'm glad."

"Yeah, thanks." Izuku still felt a bit off. He needed to see Kacchan and center himself before he could bounce back properly, he was too keyed up. "Congrats on your win."

Iida nodded at him and looked up at the monitor that displayed the brackets. "I'm up against Todoroki next. I watched your fight closely. Maybe I can learn something from it."

Izuku hoped not. He had given up on the win the moment he walked out there. He hurt himself and kept going despite the damage. All to make Todoroki see his quirk was his and not his father's.

Kacchan back pedaled as Kirishima launched into a flurry of punches. His mate was dodging expertly and Izuku bit his lip. "Is Ingenium excited you made it past the first bracket?" He asked. "He must be proud of his brother."

"I'm not sure," Iida scratched his neck, "I tried calling but he was working."

"Sorry," Izuku frowned.

"It's for the best," Iida smiled then, "When we do talk later, maybe I can tell him I won."

Izuku looked back to see his mate had suddenly ducked down and delivered a heavy explosion to Kirishima. And the hardened teen stilled. A wild smile spread Kacchan's face and he aimed a massive blast right at him. Kirishima took it head on but fell back wards. There was always a limit to how much a quirk could do. Kacchan only had to wait. He was declared the winner and Izuku patted Iida. "Good luck."

He moved down the hall again and to the waiting rooms. Kacchan rounded the corner and saw him there. They locked eyes a moment before Izuku had his mate rushing over to him. He was wrapped up in strong arms instantly. "I'm okay Kacchan," Izuku breathed, "I'm okay."

"Shut the fuck up!" Kacchan snarled into his neck.

"Sorry Kacchan," Izuku smiled and inhaled his mates scent, "I need you to bite me Kacchan."

"Right now?" His mate grumbled at him.

"I just went through surgery, and I can barely hold my wolf in control." Izuku confessed to the one person he felt comfortable knowing about his weakness. "I need to get it back in control. And nothing is working."

"Come on." Kacchan grabbed his scarred hand and dragged him into the waiting room. No one was in there, so he locked the door. Kacchan pushed him up onto the table and Izuku tried not to be bothered that Kacchan looked satisfied suddenly. Izuku wasn't made of glass. "Don't fucking look at me like that asshole. You broke your arms and your leg."

"Yeah, sorry." Izuku winced. No wonder Kacchan was feeling like coddling him a bit. His mate ran his fingers through Izuku's hair and down his neck. He pushed aside Izuku's new sport jacket and bared his mating mark. Without much preamble his mate bit down on the mark. He dug his teeth in deeply and the skin broke easily.

The same feelings of safety and love burst through Izuku. His wolf rumbled happily and settled back into Izuku's mind. They were one once more. Kacchan worried the bite before he pulled back and wiped his mouth of the blood dripping there. Izuku felt dazed a bit, but a sense of right pulsed through him. "Thank you Kacchan."

"You fucking owe me Deku, you lost the bet." Kacchan cupped his jaw suddenly and his angry face looked back at Izuku. It was doing a poor job of disguising Kacchan's worry. "I will collect."

"I know." Izuku smiled and leaned in, he kissed his mate and licked the blood from his mate's lips and mouth.

 


 

Izuku walked back to the box as the next match was getting underway. He didn't want to distract Kacchan any further and found his class relatively easily. With his mating mark burning with pain and awareness he felt he could be around his classmates without losing control.

"Deku!" Uraraka called and he smiled at her.

"Hey Midoriya, looks like your surgery went well." Asui waved up at him.

"Yeah," Izuku walked down and settled himself next to Uraraka. "Recovery Girl healed me enough to walk. My own healing will take over and I'll be better by nighttime."

"But shouldn't you still be taking it easy?" Uraraka asked worriedly. Izuku ran his fingers over his bitten mating mark. He felt energized again.

"I have to see these matches for myself." They were all his pack members. "Everyone is trying their best. I have to root for them."

Iida was facing off with Todoroki in this match. As soon as it started Todoroki shot his ice across the ground. Iida was much faster than Izuku was though. He blitzed to his left and swung wide around the attack to come at Todoroki's side. But that was the mistake. It was Todoroki's right side. His palm hit the ground and Iida was inside a massive funnel now. He only had one direction to run. Ice began to form down the center and Iida was going to be caught.

It was then Iida countered. He leapt into the air. Blue flames shot out of one of his legs. It propelled him into a devastating kick that Todoroki dodged. If nothing else it stalled the ice. Iida landed and immediately back flipped into an overhead kick. That one hit Todoroki dead on.

"That was a heavy hit!" Sero exclaimed.

"I didn't know he could kick like that!" Kaminari added into the excited air behind them. Izuku was very impressed. Iida had indeed picked up some ideas from Izuku's fight.

Iida grabbed Todoroki suddenly and ran for the edge of the ring. He wanted to toss him right out, and he might have. If his speed didn't immediately cut off. As Iida turned to look down ice crawled up his leg and arm where he was connected to Todoroki. The two-tone haired teen stood up and Iida was encased in ice.

Izuku sighed, he felt bad. Iida had fought with tactics in mind, but Todoroki was just that well rounded of an opponent. But it sucked for Iida, he was trying to impress his brother during this festival.

Within moments Kacchan's match with Tokoyami was up. After the ice was removed they walked out to the ring. As soon as it began Kacchan ran straight for Tokoyami. He didn't waste any time trying to test Tokoyami's quirk. He just started to launch explosion after explosion.

It was suddenly like the tables had turned. Tokoyami had overwhelmed each of his opponents by attacking relentlessly. And now it was like he was getting a taste of his own medicine. Kacchan was twice as relentless.

"What is that bird brain doing?!" Ashido yelled and shook her fists. "He attacked super hard when he was up against us!"

"There has to be a reason." Yaoyorozu mused next to her as they observed.

"Dark Shadow..." Uraraka frowned. "He can't go on the offensive because of all the light. This match up couldn't have been worse for him."

"Almost no one knows his weakness." Izuku frowned. It had just been their team and Koda. "Kacchan may not know what it is now, but he will."

Kacchan dodged a sudden attack and once he had some distance jumped into the air before he used an explosion to propel himself forward. Dark Shadow met him in the air just as Kacchan exploded his fists. Dark Shadow reacted to something Tokoyami yelled and tried to take a swipe at Kacchan in the air. Kacchan blasted one hand and he flew back away from Dark Shadow's arms.

Izuku felt his eyes widen as Kacchan landed. His mate threw both hands forward but turned his palms inward, with barely an inch between them he blasted another explosion. The light and ferocity of it blinded anyone looking at it. Smoke billowed immediately after the explosion shook the stadium. Whatever that attack was Izuku needed to add it to Kacchan's bio.

The smoke cleared and Kacchan was standing over Tokoyami. One handheld onto Tokoyami's beak and the other set off mini explosions with enough light to keep Dark Shadow from attacking. It was an extremely dominant stance to have. It was something Kacchan would use to force Izuku's wolf into submission.

Tokoyami surrendered.

"Aww bummer, poor Tokoyami." Uraraka sighed.

"I totally thought that bird would win for sure." Sero complained.

"I guess his quirk isn't so strong after all." Kaminari commented.

"So light is his weakness huh?" Kirishima mused on the match, "And Bakugou is the kind of person who would exploit that weakness."

"Kacchan is a hunter," Izuku growled, "A warrior. Would you not aim for the weaknesses of a villain?"

His comment silenced the complaints about his mate. Everyone who hadn't come at this event just swinging fists and trying to look cool had targeted weaknesses and utilized openings. That was how someone won.

The giant monitor showed Todoroki and Kacchan would be the next match up. Izuku knew his mate would settle for nothing less than utterly annihilating Todoroki. The two-tone haired teen had beaten Izuku. Kacchan’s pride wouldn’t let anyone who beak Izuku win over him. "The next match is going to be intense."

"I'll have to take notes on it for next time." Iida spoke up and Izuku grinned as he saw him.

"Iida!" He greeted. A full body jerk overtook the stiff teen and Izuku blinked. "Are you okay?"

"Relax it's just my phone." He pulled it from his pocket, "I'll be right back."

Izuku leaned back in his seat. Kacchan and Todoroki. He hoped his mate would be able to push Todoroki more than Izuku could. If anyone could give a good fight to either of them, it was each other.

*

Notes:

BNHA cant update fast enough guys. I really need to see Shinsou kicking ass.

You get into that hero course you perfect purple troll. <3

Chapter 30: Todoroki VS Bakugou

Summary:

Katsuki gets his fight, but it's not at all what he wanted.

Notes:

Thanks for the comments everyone :3

Also, BNHA 195... I'm still dying. Shinsou is the fucking best, this little arc is going to make me love what little they've put up of him so far.

Chapter Text

Katsuki left the ring after they announced he was to go up against Todoroki in the next round. And he was so fucking ready to beat that Half and Half bastard into the ground. Challenging his boyfriend, beating said boyfriend, and even forcing that boyfriend to break his limbs. Katsuki was not alright with Deku ignoring the challenge, or even giving up on winning just to help the asshole. 

Katsuki had agreed with Deku wanting to save the IcyHot shit. But he hadn't wanted Deku to just drop everything else on a whim to do so. He also did not enjoy carrying his partner in the infirmary. Deku was beautiful and powerful when he fought with his wolf body. Seeing that might and strength laid low by broken limbs and exhaustion was not something he relished seeing. 

Katsuki might be a little bitter that he couldn't get his rematch with Deku to prove he was the best in the first-year bracket. Followed by fucking Deku senseless. This was all that Half and Half's fault. 

Katsuki neared the waiting room and as he turned to his door he kicked it open in a fit of frustration. There sitting at the table was the fucking asshole himself. "Hey, what the hell are you doing in here?!" Katsuki roared. "This is my space!" 

He looked back to verify that he was indeed at his own waiting room and confirmed he'd kicked in the wrong door. "Shit this is waiting room two." Embarrassment burned in his veins, and that just wouldn't do. That embarrassment flared into indignation. "Alright fine, maybe I'm in the wrong room. But don't think that means I'm not gonna be at the top my game! You got that?!" 

Two tone eyes just stared at him blankly. Man he really hated this bastard. He stormed forward and exploded his hand as he planted it on the table in front of his opponent. "You'd better bring everything you've got, IcyHot!"

"Midoriya," The soft tone murmured raised Katsuki's hackles. 

"What about him?" He growled. 

"He said the same thing." IcyHot looked up at him and frowned as if trying to puzzle Katsuki apart. "That fool, instead of focusing on winning instead he focused on breaking down my walls." 

Katsuki felt the sneer as he listened to his asshole talk about his boyfriend. 

"You were his childhood friend, and date him now. Was he always like this when you were kids? So helpful?" Half and Half asked. 

Katsuki bristled as his mind immediately went to that year his boyfriend found out he was quirkless. The shitty things he did to Deku, thinking the other was looking down on him. And then waking up one night to find out his best friend had been attacked and might be dying. Katsuki hated those days waiting to see if Deku would live. He hated remembering how it felt knowing he might not get to make right his ignorance. 

Damn this fucker for making him remember all that. 

Katsuki reared back and kicked the table away from them. "Don’t fucking bring him into this." Katsuki snarled. "It's all between you and me now. Focus on the match. That’s the only thing I give a damn about." 

He tried to tamp down the possessive feelings in his chest. It wasn't working so he buried it with his anger. He couldn't stand the roiling emotions. "Whatever your family problems are, whatever you're feeling... none of that shit matters. Just make sure you don't hold back." Katsuki glared to make his point clear before turning and storming to the door. "Use your flames on me. I want everyone to know I beat you at your best." 

This win would make right the slight against his mate and their authority. It would show the word that he was the best in his entire year. He would show them what real champion looked like. And it sure as shit wasn’t some asshole who only used half his power. 

 


 

Katsuki glared across the ring from his opponent. This was it; he now had his chance to test himself against this crazy power of IcyHot's. The match was called to start and Katsuki saw the rushing torrent of ice raging towards him. It was slower, but it was definitely the same attack IcyHot used to take out Tape Arms. 

Katsuki lifted his hands and started delivering blast after blast to cut the ice off before it captured him. But the ice was too fast, and it still overwhelmed him and burst out of the ring. Katsuki glared at the ice around him. He lifted his hands and started to blast his way out of the damn glacier around him. A tunnel formed as he increased his explosions. He wasn't out of this fight yet goddammit. 

Finally the ice blew out and he saw the stadium again. He reached out to rest his hands on the icy rim of his tunnel. His palms started to steam and hopefully that would cause some sweat to build back up. "You've got some pretty powerful attacks." Katsuki called out to where Half and Half stood. "But you've got bad aim!"

He launched himself from the ice and exploded his hands to propel himself forward. To his irritation IcyHot only lifted his damn right hand. Katsuki detonated one palm to direct his path out of that icy reach. "Try harder!" he ordered. 

Still in the air he grabbed IcyHot by his head and shoulder. With his weight taking him to the ground he twisted on his feet and arched his back to hurl Half and Half over his shoulder and across the ring. "Are you underestimating me, Idiot?!"

Katsuki's opponent tumbled end over end across the ring before he rolled to his feet and traveled along a rapidly forming wave of ice. He looked like he was surfing the crackling wave and it circled Katsuki as if to cut off any retreat. As if he were going anywhere else. Katsuki shot his arm out to explode and cause the bastard to falter. Instead the other teen grabbed him with his right hand. 

Katsuki immediately braced for the rush of fire he'd seen in Deku's match. But nothing came, his shock at that caused IcyHot to jump off his ice wave and twist to throw Katsuki away. He landed easily and glared death at the two-tone piece of shit.

"Stop screwing around!" He roared. "What? Do you think I'm not worthy of your fire?!" 

The mere notion burned in him. Deku swore they were equals in all things, that's what it meant to have a mate. To be in a relationship. That didn't ever stop them from competing or trying to one up each other. There was no way this asshole could force his boyfriend to break himself and nearly get incinerated, and not bring the same intensity to fight Katsuki!

Katsuki's irritation translated to sparks detonating in his hands. "You bastard. I'll tell you what'll happen if you make a fool out of me!" Katsuki snarled. "I'll kill you! I don't want there to be any doubt that I avenged my mate! That I'm the best student here! That'll only happen if you come at me as hard as you can!" 

He remembered his pledge to Deku, and the look of his werewolf curled up in pain and half gone with instincts in the driver’s seat. How could he make that right? How could he be the hero he knew he could be if he wasn't getting pushed there?!

"There's no point if you don't use the same power you used against Deku." Katsuki glared dangerously. "If you don't even want to win this, why are you here?!" 

Katsuki ran forward and opened his fists back up. "Show everyone that you're trying to destroy me!"

 


 

Izuku jumped to his feet as he watched the match. He knew both teens below needed this battle. Todoroki needed an equal force to fight with full capacity. Izuku was not that opponent, not yet. And Kacchan needed to be acknowledged by Todoroki. He remembered the way he spoke about Todoroki's powers. He hadn't thought he could beat the two-tone haired teen then. 

Why was Todoroki holding back. "Come on Todoroki!" Izuku yelled. "Don't give up! Do your best!"

They both needed this fight. 

 


 

"That stupid nerd." Katsuki smirked fondly as he heard his boyfriend trying to get his opponent back into the fight. Katsuki threw his hands down and blasted himself up into the air. He was going to try something he'd only done a few times in training. 

He looked down as he positioned his arms and saw IcyHot was using both sides of his quirk. The ice was steaming off his body and flames burst from the skin around his face. 

'Hell Yeah,' He marveled, and a deep smirk tore over his cheeks. 'That's it!'

Katsuki started to explode his body in a tight spiral. Faster and faster until he created a funnel of force and wind. The tornado with him in the eye of it streaked towards IcyHot. The wind would fuel his explosion and make what would be a big explosion into a colossal one. He spun faster and faster before he crossed his arms and gathered up the sweat in his palms. 

He saw Half and Half get ready to defend. He couldn't half ass this fight against Katsuki. 'Don't you dare hold back!' 

Katsuki dropped one hand to point behind him and detonated as he reached with his other hand. The explosion shot him forward with all the force of a missile. "Howitzer Impact!" 

His hand met an erected ice wall of defense and not the fire he was expecting. The explosion that ripped from him blasted all the ice Half and Half accumulated into rubble. The shock dropped him to the ground and his arms screamed from the pain of using that without the assistance of his support gear.

"You decided not to use your fire!" He waited for the smoke to clear, sure there was going to be a torrent of fire or ice to retaliate, but no attack came. "No!"

Katsuki struggled to his feet and his arms tensed up from the heavy use. But adrenaline was pulsing in him. He started through the smoke and he looked on in shock. Half and Half was lying in a pile of the ice broken by his explosion. He was out of bounds, knocked out. Katsuki rushed up the ice and grabbed for the other teen's jacket.

"Hey, hey!" Katsuki shook him. It wasn't supposed to end like this. He was supposed to fight Katsuki like he did Deku. "Stop messing around! This isn't a real win for me unless you try harder!" 

He'd seen those flames and instead he'd tried to block with ice. He gave up!

"Not this way!" Katsuki pleaded and his voice edged on hysteria. How could he avenge Deku? How could he prove to everyone he was the strong Alpha worthy of Deku's side. A hero worth the number one title. "Now get up!" 

He tried to shake his opponent to wake up and nothing was rousing him. Pink smoke billowed around him and he cursed before falling unconscious immediately. 

 


 

Izuku gaped at the ring. What had just happened? He saw Todoroki activate his flames, ready to meet Kacchan in a brawl. But then he just dropped his flaming arm and the flames snuffed out. He tried to block but Kacchan hit like a missile. The strongest attack Izuku had ever seen him use. He wanted Todoroki to acknowledge him. 

Izuku's mating mark felt cold and lifeless instead of the warm crackling heat it always held. His heart ached for his mate. Kacchan had won, but it was a hollow victory. 

Izuku turned to see the others getting up to follow the official calling for them. They had to get down to the field for the award ceremony. Uraraka joined him and they caught Iida as he was coming back. He apologized profusely to them and begged off. He had a family emergency, so he wouldn't be there to share the podium with Tokoyami. 

Ice gripped Izuku's heart when Iida told them a villain had attacked his brother while on patrol. They weren't able to do much more that wave him off. Izuku hoped for Iida's sake his brother Ingenium was alright. 

Izuku got down the stairs and deviated to check on his mate. But all he could hear was swearing and snarling. One would think Izuku was still in wolf form being a nuisance. Not his time it was Kacchan. And by the sound of it he was trashing the infirmary. Before Izuku could get in there and calm him down he was directed and ushered back to his class. 

He stood on the grass field and waited while Midnight commentated and roused the audience into excitement for the award ceremony. The cement victors platform rose up from the ground and the whole thing was made worse. Kacchan was standing there in a full restraints as if he were a criminal. And by the way he was screaming though the muzzle he as acting like one. 

He clearly didn't take well to the victory, nor did he seem to be handling them putting him up there. Izuku bit his lip and tried to convey to his mate that it was alright. 

 


 

Toshinori transformed into All Might before he vaulted over the entire stadium and executed a perfect landing. He looked up to deliver his catchphrase, but it got jumbled up with Midnight's commentary. He looked at her in shock and she gaped back. They had a script! 

To cover it up she introduced him, and he rolled with the embarrassment. All Might stepped up to the podium and took one of the bronze medals. He stepped up to Tokoyami Fumikage. "Young Tokoyami, congratulations. You showed great strength out there." 

"Your words humble me sir." The bird headed boy bent his head down so All Might could slip the medal over his plumage to settle on his neck.  

"However, you've more training to do if you're going to be able to fight different kinds of villains." All Might bestowed this bit of wisdom to his young student. "You're not going to be able to rely on your quirk in every battle you face." 

"Yes sir!" Tokoyami nodded at him. He hugged his student and the boy stiffened before he relaxed. 

All Might stepped over and took the silver medal. He climbed up to second place and smiled his signature grin at the boy his protege had tried to save "Young Todoroki, congratulations." He said, "I'm assuming there was a reason you didn't use your left side, though it cost you the final." 

"Midoriya opened my eyes during our match." Todoroki looked up at him with a strange glint in his eyes. "I think I understand now why you're so interested in him." 

He didn't know how to respond to that without giving everything away. So All Might chose to wait until the boy spoke again before he continued to give him a bit of sage pro wisdom. "I want to be the kind of hero you are." Todoroki confessed. "My path isn't as clear as I thought it was. I have a lot to think about and I still need to settle things with someone very soon." 

All Might nodded, it seemed the boy had found his determination. "I've never seen this look on your face before." All Might slid the medal on that two-toned head and wrapped him up in a hug. "I won’t ask for details. But trust yourself, I'm sure you'll work things out." 

"Right." 

With that done All Might took the gold medal and hoped up to the first-place platform. His alpha was thrashing in rage beneath the restraints used for criminals. "Now Young Bakugou this is a little much." All Might chuckled and reached over to take off the muzzle. "Well you did as you said you would in your pledge. You were true to your word that you were going to win."

"All Might." Bakugou hissed, "Winning first place this way doesn't prove that I'm the best here. even if the world considers me the winner I refuse to accept it like this!" 

'Look at that face!' All Might's wolf shrunk back in his mind. 

"I-In a world where were constantly being compared to one another, there are very few who can keep their eye on the top. You are one of them." All Might grinned and Bakugou still looked every bit the pissed off tiger he was. "Please accept this medal. Even if you have to think of it like a scar. Something you'll never forget." 

He leaned forward to slip the medal over his head but Bakugou slammed his head against the cement pillar he was tied to. "I don't want that piece of garbage!"

"Come on now." All Might admonished and swept the medal at him. It only served to land on his nose bridge, so he'd ended up letting go of the medal to be held in Bakugou's hand. 

All Might turned to slink off the podium. He lifted his arms to address the event goers and launched into another wise speech. But at the end he called for volunteer support from the crowd. And sadly they all blurted something different. Shit he really sucked at this. 

 


 

Aizawa-Sensei met them in the classroom and once they were seated he addressed them. "Nice work," He praised. "You have the next two days off to rest and recuperate. I'm sure the pros who watched the festival will want to recruit some of you. Now go home and get some rest. You've still got a lot of training to do." 

"Yes sir!" The class exclaimed and their teacher walked from the room with finality. 

Izuku got up and gently took his mate's hand. He led his poor angry mate from the classroom. He was currently so rage filled it might be best not to rouse him from it yet.

Izuku got them onto the train home and walked his mate to his door. He handed his poor boyfriend off to his mom who loudly boasted about his win. This prompted an angry fight from Kacchan. But Mitsuki didn't seem to care, she kept teasing and ribbing him for the whole event. "Izuchan do you want to stay for dinner?"

"No thanks, I think my mom has something made." Izuku grinned. "But I'll be back tomorrow." 

Izuku raced home and got bombarded by his mother’s enthusiasm and the cute crap all over the house. 

His mother fed him, and he eschewed everything else to fall asleep. 

 


 

Izuku was busy shoveling all the food his mother put onto the table. "You really should be careful of how much you change Izuku, you need to make sure you stay full." His mother lectured as she refilled his cut. "You scared me to death. I feinted seven times after the cavalry battle can you believe that?!"

Izuku smirked as he lifted his ride bowl to practically inhale that too. "I'm pretty sure the last two were from dehydration. I cried a lot during the whole event." 

"Sounds like you were more heroic than me." Izuku teased. 

"Don't mock your mother." She pointed her fork at him. "Suddenly finding you your quirk could let you use power like that. I'm very glad you have your healing, but I worry it ' ever be enough." 

He looked at her and his eating paused entirely. 

"Of course I'll support you." She reached out to cup his cheeks. "But I am your mother and I'm going to worry." 

He didn't have anything to say to that. His fights had taught him that he had a great number of people relying on him. He wasn't alone. So he needed to get One For All under control and master it. He would be a hero who smiled. He didn't get his chance to introduce himself to the world but that was fine. He would earn that right soon enough. 

"Do you want to watch the recordings? I got them in HD!" His mother had sparkling eyes that made his heart warm. 

"Maybe later" he grinned. "I'm going to see Kacchan today." 

He pulled his phone from his pocket and while she took dishes away he texted his mate. 

 


 

Katsuki woke up pissed. He yelled out in frustration. His tirade lasted all the way to his bathroom and continued while he was brushing his teeth. "Dammit Katsuki don't wake up screaming this early!" His mother yelled up from the lower floor. 

"I'll yell if I want to!" he roared back. His phone beeped before he could really get into it with her. He picked it up and blinked as he saw his boyfriend had texted. 

DEKUWOLF: All healed... but Kacchan... you won the bet

Katsuki felt a smirk steal over his lips. The first-place medal may be sitting thrown in his closet, but the bet he didn't mind collecting his prize from. 

EXPLODOKING: Come over. Right Now 

*

Chapter 31: Bets Fulfilled

Summary:

Katsuki gets his prize

Notes:

Enjoy some smut as an interlude everyone

Is my husband's birthday so this is getting uploaded early. Everyone enjoy sexy times. <3

Chapter Text

Katsuki snorted at his parents as they left for work. He didn’t actually give a fuck what they were doing, he was getting his prize. He spent an unnecessary amount of time cleaning his room up and making sure he wasn't out of lube. He did not want to go out to get more.

His glare landed on the medal on his desk. Disgusted rage sunk it's claws into his stomach. How dare that piece of shit give up in the middle of his match?! Katsuki used his best attack too. Deku would never have given up like that. This medal was a lie, a filthy fucking lie!

He grabbed it and turned to hurl it at his wall when the doorbell rang. Then the door opened below. 

"Hello? It's Izuku, sorry for the intrusion." His boyfriend called from the entryway downstairs. Katsuki fisted his hand over the gold metal piece of shame and snatched his bedroom door open. "Kacchan?"

"Upstairs," Katsuki growled. 

Within moments his partner was in the doorway. He wore a loose pair of shorts and a t-shirt. His hair was as wild as ever and, thankfully, no bandages were covering his arms or legs. But his hand was scarred. Katsuki reached out and picked up his mate's right hand. "You really fucked it up." 

"Yeah," Deku nodded. His fingers were knobbed and crooked now. "My healing has replaced the lost bone, but it's healed like this. I can still use it, but it'll get weaker over time. She only cauterized where the scars are." 

"Have you changed with it yet?" Katsuki asked. 

"The werewolf claws are still there, strong as ever. And my paws don't feel any different. It's in human form that it'll give me trouble." Deku informed. Katsuki lifted that hand to his mouth and kissed the knuckles. 

"Sorry," Katsuki breathed. 

"Sorry? For what?" Deku lifted his other hand and cupped the back of Katsuki's neck. "I did this." 

"I didn't avenge you." Katsuki growled, that pissed him off as much as giving winning by default did. "I didn't really win that fight. You got beat and I didn't get to back you up to make it right." 

"Oh Kacchan," Deku leaned forward and kissed him soundly. "You did make it right, whether he gave up or not you won the festival. All challenges were dealt with. My wolf is satisfied." 

"It wasn't a win Deku." Katsuki gritted his teeth. 

"I know it wasn't to you." Deku nodded. "I don't want to make excuses for him. I just know he was dealing with a lot by the time our fight was done. His father, Kacchan, he's a piece of shit." 

It was unnecessarily sexy when Deku cursed. And he wasn't supposed to make it sexy when Katsuki wanted to be mad. 

Katsuki's fisted hand was lifted and Deku unwrapped his fingers from the gold medal. He walked to Katsuki's desk and sat it down. Then he looked at him with glowing eyes.

"You won the bet regardless of how that final match turned out. I lost to Todoroki. You get to pick a prize." 

Good, he didn't want to think about that fucking travesty anymore. Katsuki walked over to his boyfriend and ran his fingers into those green curls. His boyfriend moaned as they kissed. Katsuki had a thousand ideas in his mind and only a few came to the forefront.

Deku's tease to get him to agree to the bet. 

"I want to watch you suck my cock, " Katsuki growled, "Right before I wreck you." 

"Whatever you want Katsuki." Izuku growled back and nuzzled his jaw with a smile. 

"Get naked." Katsuki ordered. His boyfriend flashed a bit of sharpened teeth at him before he lifted his shirt over his head.

Katsuki reached out and trailed his fingers over abs that were hardening by the day. He grabbed his boyfriend's waistband, his fingers sinking past the boxers beneath the shorts. He dragged his nails though the soft pubic hair there and Izuku huffed out a shaky breath. 

Katsuki let go of the shorts and Izuku eased them down into the pile of clothes at his feet. He slipped his socks off and looked back up. Glowing eyes teased him knowingly and reached out to lift Katsuki's tank top off.

Fingers tipped with claws slid down Katsuki's body, trailing fire in their wake. He loved the way Izuku could barely control how much of him transformed when he was turned on. His cock was even hard as he slipped Katsuki's sweats off. 

Izuku leaned close and Katsuki kissed him, hard and deep. Their tongues tangled hotly, and their fingers pulled at each other's hair.

Katsuki canted his hips at the same moment Izuku did and their cocks brushed. Katsuki hissed and Izuku bit his lip. Then he moved over and a hot tongue was on Katsuki's neck. He was pushed suddenly right into his desk chair. When had it been turned around?

Fucking nerd, always scheming when Katsuki wasn't looking. 

Izuku lifted the medal suddenly and settled it around Katsuki's neck. He wanted to argue but at the exact moment he started to clawed thumbs rasped against both of his nipples. Katsuki sucked in a hard breath. Fuck!

"You're a winner Katsuki, the winner of the sports festival." Izuku breathed into his ear and his voice was darkening to the tone he used when he was a hulking werewolf. Damn did Katsuki love that tone of his boyfriend voice. "You beat all the challengers." 

He did do that, but not the one that counted. 

Izuku started to sink to his knees but Katsuki stopped him. He remembered the way Izuku's leg had crumpled when he was picked up to go to the infirmary. Katsuki snatched his pillow from the bed and settled it on the floor. "Thank you, Katsuki." 

"Tch, stop breaking your damn body." Katsuki growled. Izuku sank to his knees and Katsuki felt infinitely better seeing him there, if he wasn't in any actual pain. "I don't like seeing that shit." 

"As I was saying." Izuku leaned forward and licked across the hardened points of his nipples. "You showed what a strong alpha you were. My mate, my alpha mate." 

He did, no one would dispute his right to be his boyfriend's equal. He could protect Izuku, and Izuku could stand at his side. That's what it meant for them to be partners. Izuku pressed a kiss to the center of Katsuki's abdomen and trailed those claws between his abs.

"You looked amazing out there." Izuku spoke. 

"Yeah?" Katsuki looked down at his boyfriends glowing gaze. 

"What was the move you used against Tokoyami?" Izuku asked. 

"Stun Grenade. I direct a powerful explosion into something bright and hot." Katsuki explained. Izuku wrapped one hand around his aching cock and stroked up, his thumb rolling over the head. "Designed to be a distraction." 

"Amazing." Izuku dipped down and licked up his length. Sharp teeth rasped on the large vein that ran on the underside. A hint of danger to the pure heat of desire that permeated Katsuki was intoxicating. "And the one you used on Uraraka, that was like the one you used on me." 

"It was, just not as big because I hadn't stored all my sweat." Katsuki confirmed. Izuku nodded and opened his mouth to lick over the head of Katsuki's cock. 

"And the last one you used on Todoroki?" Izuku asked. 

"Howitzer Impact." Katsuki blew out a hot breath when Izuku's mouth sank down on is dick. His cock was surrounded by hot and wet, a wriggling tongue swiped up the length of his cock as Izuku pulled back and looked up. 

Fuck he looked good doing that. Those big eyes flicked down and he sucked Katsuki's cock back into his mouth.

"I-I spin my explosions and create a tornado." Katsuki threaded his fingers back into his boyfriends hair. "With all the air moving around I use an explosion to shoot myself forward, like a missile. The explosion I detonate after becomes larger and more powerful because of the force of the impact, and the movement of the oxygen in the air." 

"So smart Katsuki." Izuku leaned back to inhale a breath before he was right back at it. Katsuki's breath punched out of him. It was so fucking good. His moan was filthy, and he knew it. All thoughts of embarrassment, or saving face was gone. There was only his cock in Izuku's mouth, and those glazed glowing green eyes watching him take pleasure from it all. 

Katsuki tugged on his partner's hair. Izuku moaned around his dick and the vibration of it made Katsuki arch his back. Damn that fucking nerd and his stupidly skillful mouth.

Everything was always an analysis with him. He could see Izuku watching his every reaction, storing it for later use. Knowing Izuku was trying to read the best ways to suck his cock was a bit empowering. "You gonna update my pages in your notebook? Always watching me..."

Izuku moaned and they locked eyes again. Heat burned through him when he saw the adoration and awe in those green eyes framed by freckled cheeks. Izuku was so damn sexy like this. Katsuki had another idea. 

Katsuki huffed and dragged Izuku off of him. He wanted to come in his boyfriend. "On the bed, ass up." 

Izuku rolled to his feet gracefully and Katsuki yanked his pillow up off the floor. He watched Izuku slide onto his orange sheets and roll to his stomach. Katsuki tucked the pillow under his boyfriend's hips and smirked at the sight. Perfect. 

"I don't want you thinking about anything," Katsuki growled, "Just you and me." 

"Always," Izuku looked back and his claws wrapped around the posts of Katsuki's bed, "Only you and me." 

"Good," Katsuki snatched his lube from the bedside drawer and tossed it next to Izuku's hips. Katsuki palmed his cock once to calm down before he crawled up behind his boyfriend. 

He sank his teeth into the mark on Izuku's shoulder. The cry that spilled from Izuku's lips was already debauched. Katsuki ran his hands down the muscular planes of Izuku's back and pressed a bloody kiss to the back of his neck. "Katsuki..." 

"Shh," Katsuki hushed and wiped his mouth on the shirt that ended up on his bed. That stupid fucking medal bounced on his chest and he jerked it off. Rather than throwing it he tossed it right where Izuku could see it. 

Katsuki grabbed handfuls of his boyfriends plush ass. Perfect and soft, despite every other hard inch of him. He spread the cheeks apart and looked down at the dusky pink hole there. It was slightly loose already, "You play around before getting here?" 

"Just to clean up." Izuku breathed. "Might be a little stretched." 

Katsuki leaned forward and ran the flat of his tongue up over that hole. Izuku sucked in a noisy breath. "K-Katsuki..." Izuku gulped. 

"Just lay there and take it Izuku, I said I'm gonna wreck you." Katsuki warned, then he went back to it. His tongue delved across that rim of muscles, piercing into soft clenching flesh. "You lost the bet, so you don't get to complain." 

Izuku moaned deeply then, the most ruined sound Katsuki had ever heard him make. And it was perfect. He circled the rim again before he fucked his tongue as deep as he could get into his boyfriend's ass.

Katsuki drank in the sounds Izuku was making. His sides heaved with breath, thighs quivering under Katsuki's arms. He didn't taste like anything more than flesh and maybe a bit of soap. But the look of his boyfriend when he pulled back for air was what drew a dark smile across Katsuki's face. 

A heavy flush had spread across Izuku's face and neck. His back was red with it, like the blush was trying to take over his whole body. He looked fucking perfect. "You look good like this Izuku." Katsuki laughed, "Spread out for me, a prize for the taking" 

"Ung..." Izuku groaned unintelligently, and damn if that didn't put fire in Katsuki's balls. He'd turned his mate into a puddle of done. Perfect. 

Katsuki lubed up his fingers and sank two into Izuku instantly. He watched with sharp eyes as his nerd screwed his eyes shut and canted his hips down to take more. Muscles bunched as Izuku growled. Katsuki spread his fingers apart and reached for that bundle of nerves. Sure enough, the moment he pressed on the werewolf's prostate a high keening whine filled the air. 

"You still in there Izu?" Katsuki purred down at his partner. Izuku growled lightly and Katsuki grinned, he'd drawn the wolf to the surface. Blending the boy and the wolf seamlessly. Every part of Izuku was his. "You're doing good. You gonna take all of me without me having to touch your dick?" 

A whine was his answer, a hungry pleading whine. Exactly what Katsuki wanted to hear from this lips. 

Katsuki slipped a third finger in easily and swirled them all around. Wet heat pressed on all sides of his fingers. Izuku pushed back on his knees and sank onto Katsuki's fingers all the way to the knuckles. "You want it bad Izu?" 

"Ka-..." Fuck, he couldn't even form words around that panting mouth. Katsuki pulled his fingers free and snatched Izuku's head to the side. He kissed him deep and hard. Delving his tongue deep enough to plunder the moans from Izuku's throat. 

"Gonna fuck you through the mattress now." Katsuki informed. "So fucking perfect." 

He leaned back and stuffed a second pillow under his boyfriend's hips. Now he was right where Katsuki wanted him. Lifting one leg up to brace his foot outside the frame of Izuku's legs he leaned in while he smeared lube over his cock. He lined up and rubbed up the hot center of Izuku's ass. The moan he got was a warning. A threat that if he didn't get with it, Izuku would take over. 

Katsuki loved the thrill of baiting the beast inside his sweet boyfriend. The little shit. 

"In one go?" Katsuki asked and grinned with teeth showing when Izuku arched and looked back with eyes mostly black with arousal.

Katsuki gripped the base of his cock to stop from coming right there. He pulled back and slipped the head of his erection into the wet hole twitching for him. He let go and grabbed both hips to hold them in place. Katsuki drove himself home in one go and Izuku let out a sharp cry of pleasure. 

The deep guttural punched out moan was music to Katsuki's ears. He looked down and gritted his teeth at the fucking medal lying next to his mate. The prefect prize next to the false one. He preferred the werewolf prize.

Katsuki reached out to knock the medal off his bed. He pulled his hips back and moaned when the wet walls that held him in place tried to suck him back inside. 

He would never love anything more than being right here. Locked inside Izuku's body as it refused to let him go. He was wanted by Izuku. Loved, and hungered for by the werewolf. Izuku would never look down on him. He would meet Katsuki head on and with fire in his eyes. No matter what, Izuku was his, and he was Izuku's. "God I fucking love you." 

Before he heard Izuku try to choke out a response Katsuki set a slow but sharp pace. Driving himself deep into Izuku's body. Fighting to brush the were wolf's prostate every time. Needy whines and screaming moans rang into the room. The sucking pressure around his dick was too much, and at the same time, not enough. It would never enough. He would never be done with Izuku. 

Katsuki dropped his leg and dragged Izuku up to his chest. He used his knees to spread Izuku's legs wide. With the room to move and power in his legs, he pistoned his hips up. Izuku threw his head back with a sharp cry and lifted his arms up to circle Katsuki's neck. 

Katsuki ran one hand up to cup Izuku's neck like a collar. The other wrapped around the red leaking cock jutting from his hips. "You're mine right Izuku? Only mine? Forever?" 

"Yes!" Izuku panted roughly and their eyes met. Blissed out green and frantic red. Fuck they were a perfect match weren't they? Katsuki hissed and claimed that sharp mouth. Their tongues tangled on Izuku's ragged moan.

His cock pulsed in Katsuki's hand. Splattering the cum up across his boyfriend's chest Katsuki felt his hips stutter. His eyes closed and he choked on the moan that was crawling over his tongue. 

His orgasm was like a fire that poured from him into his mate. Izuku hissed and licked along his lips. Katsuki leaned forward and spilled Izuku back to the bed.

His wet hand was still plastered tight to the werewolf's abs. His hips moved slowly a few more times as he tried to milk the last few stars out of his vision and into Izuku. 

When he saw something other than white it was with Izuku turning just a bit to brush fingers over his face. "I love you Katsuki." 

"Nugh," Katsuki replied and Izuku chuckled. He eased his hips back and watched the white mess spill down Izuku's legs. He reached his fingers there and sank them back inside. 

"Ka-Katsuki-!" Izuku whined. But Katsuki dragged his fingers out wet with the evidence of his orgasm. He pressed his fingers to the wet mess on Izuku's stomach. Spreading the evidence there. 

"Smell like me." Katsuki leaned in to press their foreheads together. "I won the festival. You're my prize." 

"Yeah," Izuku grinned then. He rolled over and wrapped his arms around Katsuki's neck. "I'm yours." 

"Damn straight." Katsuki flopped to his side and dragged Izuku over to smash their bodies together. The wet mess sliding against him as well. That shouldn't be as damn satisfying as it was. But here he was, pleased they were wearing the evidence of their coupling. 

Katsuki pressed a kiss to the top of Izuku's head and his shitty boyfriend just laughed and tipped his head back for a kiss. Katsuki complied. The festival might have fucking sucked, but this... This made it better. 

*

Chapter 32: Time To Pick Some Names

Summary:

Izuku chooses a hero name and gets an internship request

Notes:

Thank you for the comments everyone.

This chapter came late, apologies, the editing was bitch.

Chapter Text

The day school resumed Izuku went to the station alone. Despite the rain, Kacchan had been determined to go and train. Izuku would wait to do his training until the evening. So he boarded the train alone and took his phone out to ignore the crush of morning passengers. Sometimes he really missed having Kacchan with him. Mornings were always the worst. His mate's scent was the best kind of buffer. 

"Hey you, excuse me." Someone spoke behind him and Izuku turned as best he could. "You're Midoriya from class 1-A right?"

Izuku lowered his phone as he blinked in shock. Someone recognized him? Him?

"Great job in the sports festival." The man smiled, "I was rooting for you!" 

Now that, that, was incredibly flattering. Izuku started to tell the man it wasn't really that great of a performance. There were a lot of other participants that deserved recognition more than him. 

"You were in the top eight, that's so impressive!" Someone else piped up through the crowded train. Then suddenly he had everyone around him clamoring to tell him to keep trying hard, to do his best. He flushed awkwardly and nodded thanked them for their praise. 

When he managed to squeeze off the train his skin buzzed with a bit of embarrassment. He couldn't believe people recognized him in a way that wasn't immediately linked to Lycan and the rampages he committed years ago. 

Izuku headed out of the station and found Kacchan waiting there for him. He held an umbrella already so Izuku took his own out and joined his mate. They walked in comfortable silence and Izuku smiled sweetly at his mate. 

"Good morning Midoriya, Bakugou!" That was Iida, as they passed through the school gates Izuku saw Iida running up in a raincoat and goulashes. 

"Whoa Iida, what’s the hurry?!" Izuku asked. He wanted to check on his friend, after seeing all the news coverage on the attacks in Hosu he wanted to see how Iida was dealing. He also wanted to know how Ingenium was doing. 

"Why on earth are you walking so slowly?" Iida blew by them, Izuku looked down at his linked hands with Kacchan. Anytime Kacchan wanted to do physical affection in public, Izuku wasn't going to complain. Despite his mate being very brash and up front, he still shied away from PDA. "We'll be late!" 

"Tch," Kacchan scoffed.

"Late?" Izuku snapped back to the issue at hand. "But there's still five minutes until the first bell!" 

"UA students should always arrive ten minutes early, don't you think?!" Iida called back and then he was gone.  

"Is he avoiding me?" Izuku asked his mate. Kacchan smirked at him and when they got to the school doors he leaned over and pressed a patronizing kiss to Izuku's forehead. "You're not helpful Kacchan!" 

His mate just flipped him off as he stowed his umbrella and walked off to change his shoes. Izuku wrung out his umbrella and stored it. He moved to his own shoe locker and saw Iida trading his shoes out. "So Iida-?"

"If it's about my brother don't be concerned." Iida cut him off and when Izuku looked at him he flashed a weak smile. "Sorry if I worried you. Everything will be fine." 

Iida walked away again and Izuku frowned. He really didn't think everything would be fine. He'd seen then news coverage. And that smile was horribly fake. Izuku also didn't like being brushed off like this. 

 


 

"It's so weird that people recognized us from TV." Ashido was bubbly already. Izuku walked towards his seat as the class was bustling with excitement on their first day back after their rest days. "Everyone wanted to talk to me on the way here." 

"Yeah me too!" Kirishima exclaimed. 

"People on the street were staring at me." Tooru added in and her clothes shimmied in a little excited jig. "It was kind of embarrassing." 

"Sure but isn't that pretty normal for you?" Ojiro asked her. 

"You won’t believe what a bunch of elementary school brats yelled at me!" Sero grumbled. 

"Nice try?" Asui asked from her seat and Izuku winced, she was so spot on when she razed them. Sero cried out in frustration. 

Izuku smiled as he half listened to the chatter. He poked Kacchan on his back and his grumpy mate glared a moment to acknowledge him. Izuku merely smiled and settled himself into a workout position that would tax his muscles while he was in class. His legs immediately protested him sitting without ever having to touch the chair. 

The door slid open and Izuku looked up. He was immediately elated to see the end result of Aizawa-Sensei's healing. He'd gotten a text about the healing being finished from his teacher. But now seeing it, Izuku's wolf settled. Dr. Mitsu had assured him that the slow healing was due to surgery having to be done to actually save Aizawa-Sensei's eye. With a scar lining the bone of his eye socket Izuku was glad they had succeeded. "Morning." 

The class greeted him as one and Izuku met his teachers eyes with a nod of recognition. "Ribbit, Aizawa-Sensei, you finished healing." Asui remarked. "That's good news." 

"Recovery Girl wouldn't let me leave after the festival until I let her speed up the process." Aizawa-Sensei said and walked to the podium. "Anyways, we have a big class today. Hero Informatics." 

What was that? Would it cover the laws pertaining to heroes? Or maybe a test on what they knew so far?

"You need code names." Aizawa-Sensei spoke simply. "It's time to pick your hero identities." 

Excitement burst over the class as they erupted in noise and chatter that Izuku winced at. Aizawa-Sensei's quirk activated, and he glared threateningly at them until everyone settled back down. "This is all related to the hero draft picks I mentioned before the festival." 

Their teacher rubbed his neck as he shook his head. "Normally students down have to worry about draft picks until their second or third year. But this is class 1-A, it's different. By extending opportunities to first years like you, pro heroes are investing in your potential. Any offers you get can be rescinded if their interest in you goes down before graduation." 

"Stupid, selfish, adults." Mineta grumbled. 

"So what you're saying is, we still have to prove ourselves after we've been recruited?" Tooru asked their teacher. 

"Correct," He nodded at her. Then he gestured behind him. "Now, here are the totals for those of you who got offers." 

Todoroki Shouto: 4123

Bakugou Katsuki: 3556

Tokoyami Fumikage: 360

Iida Tenya: 301

Kaminari Denki: 272

Yaoyorozu Momo: 108

Kirishima Eijirou: 68

Uraraka Ochako: 20

Sero Hanta: 14

"In past years the requests were more balanced." Aizawa-Sensei informed them coolly, "But there's a pretty big gap this time." 

"Ah! That's no fair!" Kaminari whined. 

"What about the real star Moi!" Aoyama pouted. 

"Todoroki got the most ahead of Bakugou?" Jirou frowned in confusion. 

"Yeah it's the opposite of how they placed the festival." Kirishima added in. And Izuku was confused about the numbers, but in terms of ability, Todoroki did have an overwhelming advantage over them all. 

"They probably weren't excited to work with the guy who had to be chained up at the end." Sero joked and Izuku directed a growl back. It was so sudden he jumped in his seat, Izuku's wolf was satisfied with that reaction. Kacchan however was not. 

"If I scared a pro it’s because they're weak!" Kacchan roared. Izuku reached over to pat his mate's marked shoulder. The tension immediately eased from Izuku's volatile boyfriend. 

"Midoriya," Mineta shook him by the shoulder. "You didn't get any requests. They must have freaked out at the crazy way you were fighting." 

Ah, he really didn't want to think that closely about why he didn't get any requests. 

"Despite these results," Aizawa-Sensei cut through the talking and they all snapped back to attention. "You'll all be interning with pros. Even those of you who didn't get any offers." 

That was a relief. Izuku settled his heart and refocused on his teacher. "So we're all interning?" Izuku asked. 

"Yes, you all already got to experience combat with real villains at the USJ Incident. But it's still helpful to see pros at up close and in person at work in the field firsthand." Aizawa-Sensei answered patiently. The same level of excitement blasted around the room and he sighed heavily. "Your hero names will likely be temporary but take them seriously or-" 

"You'll have hell to pay later!" The sultry voice of their other hero teacher Midnight rang over the room. She stood in the doorway and smiled at them all. "What you pick today could be the code names you have for life. So you'd better be careful, or you could end up with something utterly indecent!" 

"Yeah, she's got a point. Midnight is going to have final approval over all of your names. It's not my forte." Their teacher yawned and pulled a sleeping bag from the podium. "The name you give yourself is important. It helps reinforce your image and helps show what kind of hero you want to be in the future. A code name tells people exactly what you represent." 

A hero name that would say who Izuku was. Who he wanted to be and what he represented. He looked at his fingers as his claws sprouted and receded. There was the werewolf quirk everyone knew of from a villain. And then he had One For All, which he was fostering into the future. He had the weight of both responsibilities on him. 

Kacchan passed a stack of name cards back, large enough to present their hero names on. Izuku took one gravely and passed the rest to Mineta. Looking at it and the marker in his fingers he was suddenly stumped.

He would need to think of a good name that would take the werewolf quirk and change its perception. Part of his aversion to the press was due to their overwhelming coverage of his father’s death. As an infected person with the werewolf quirk a number of rumors went around in the weeks after coverage died down. Anything to further the story. One of those rumors was that Izuku would one day go on murderous rampages just like Lycan did. 

Izuku had to take the already poor reception of his past and eventually spin it. A good positive hero name would be important.

"Now students, who among you is ready to share?" Midnight asked over Aizawa-Sensei's soft snores. The class started to present around him, but his mind was far too focused on his dilemma. He was present enough to be shocked by the weird names of Aoyama and Ashido. And then Midnight proved why she was chosen to approve their names. Everyone got excited to share after she approved Asui's cute name. 

Izuku's memories went to his childhood. When he ran around the house in an All Might onesie, dreaming of his future hero name. They were all overwhelmingly silly with his hero worship. Variations of All Might in one way or another. They made his mother smile with amusement as she read them off and told him which ones she liked. He remembered her laughing over the phone with his father some nights as she detailed his antics. Those names brought a smile to Izuku's face as he listened to the names being chosen. 

He couldn't riff off of All Might's name here. Sure his strength was similar to All Might's, but he couldn't use it the same way. Plus his werewolf quirk was overwhelmingly visual. His hero name needed to embody him. All Might was like the sun, shining protection and safety upon the innocent citizens of their country. And if Izuku was honest he was more like a night sky, a creature that thrived in the dark. He would need to be the thing that fought the other things that went bump in the night. 

Todoroki chose to just use his first name as a hero choice. Shouto. 

Tokoyami had a cool one. Jet Black Hero: Tsukuyomi.

Kacchan went and his name was King Explosion Murder. Izuku snorted immediately. "I heard that Deku!" 

"I'm going to say no to this name." Midnight looked at Izuku's mate in a deadpan expression. "It's a little too violent." 

"What do you mean?!" Kacchan demanded. 

"You should be explosion boy!" Kirishima called out and Izuku couldn't control the snort that devolved into a laughing cough. 

"You shut up Deku!" Kacchan whirled on the class "You too Shitty Hair!" 

Uraraka rushed him off the podium cursing. Her name was cute and interesting. Uravity, an embodiment of her name and her quirk. 

Iida was called up and he looked despondent as he revealed he was just going with his name as well. Tenya. Izuku knew something was wrong, maybe he could get him to talk to him after school. Izuku decided on his name an instant, just going with his gut and leaned forward from his position to whisper to Kacchan. 

"Think of yourself as the epicenter of an explosion Kacchan. That's when you burn the brightest." Izuku stood up and walked to the podium. With a deep nervous breath he turned the board around for everyone to see.

"Really Midoriya?" Mineta called up. 

"You sure about that?" Kaminari asked. 

"Yeah man remember that could be your name forever." Kirishima warned from his seat. 

"When I first got called this I hated it. But pretty quickly after I came to love it. It's not an insult anymore. I learned it has different meanings to whoever calls me by this name." Izuku thought of the friendly way Uraraka called his nickname. And the loving, lusty way Kacchan could say it. It defined him through his whole life. A reminder that he couldn't give up like he did when he was found quirkless.

"The way others say it has a huge impact on how I feel about it. I want to replace all the negative feelings that come with my name, and my history. So..." Izuku lifted his head proudly with a wide and sharp smile while his eyes glowed. "I'm going to be The Full Moon Hero: Deku." 

Kacchan looked up at him seriously and their gazes locked. He smirked privately to Izuku and all the anxiety about his name ebbed away. Midnight even gave her approval. As Izuku went back to his seat to re-start his workout he was relaxed. Deku would be the name of a hero. 

 


 

Katsuki stood up again and sauntered up to the podium again. Without any flourish or his previous enthusiasm he slapped his board down for everyone to see. He was pretty pissed he couldn't match his hero name to his gamer tag because King Explosion Murder was cool as fuck. No matter what anyone said. 

He had to go off of Deku and that kind of irritated him but felt right at the same time. For his werewolf to take that damn nickname as a hero name, it was equally as frustrating as it was flattering. He didn't like being reminded of how much of a bastard he was to Deku before that summer. Maybe Deku taking that name would help erase if further. So Katsuki had taken his boyfriends advice. 

"Ground Zero." Katsuki growled out. "Because that's where I'll be in a fucking crisis. Right in the damn epicenter of it." 

"I like it, very reliable." Midnight clapped her hands. "I believe you really will be right where the fighting is, protecting the civilians from villainous harm. So heroic!" 

It was alright, Katsuki would have settled for Lord Explosion Murder if he couldn't call himself king though. 

 


 

Toshinori entered the staff room from his morning walk along the school grounds. Checking the territory, walking along Aizawa's own trail, reassuring his inner wolf that the student body was safe. But as he walked into the room he saw Cementoss humming in surprise at his computer. "Everything alright?"

"Offers for the first years are still coming in." Cementoss said and pulled his hands away from the keyboard, "Look here." 

"Who's it for?" Toshinori asked as he walked over. 

"It's for Midoriya." Cementoss answered and he hustled over faster to lean over the cement hero. 

"Really?!" Toshinori exclaimed in excitement. "Who's after him?"

He saw the name on the request form. He gaped in shock and sudden terror coiled in his gut making his lungs itch with the need to hyperventilate. "Are you kidding me?!"

 


 

"Now that everyone has decided on their hero names we can go back to talking about your upcoming internships." Shouta yawned and rolled his shoulders. He looked over his charges and woke himself up fully. "This trip will last one week, and as for who you'll be working with...those of you who had requests can pick from among your offers. Everyone else will pick from a different list." 

He lifted the stack of lists and handed them to the first students of each row. He watched sharply to ensure everyone got one. Then he returned to where Nemuri was lounging and watching their shared students. "You have a lot to think about, there are around forty agencies across the country to pick from. Each agency has a different specialty so choose wisely." 

"Imagine that you were Thirteen, you would want to choose a place that focuses on rescuing people. No so much combat, understand?" Midnight expounded on his statement and he smirked at her. 

She moved for the door and he followed after gathering up his sleeping bag. Maybe he could sleep some more before he returned to patrol later. "Think carefully before you decide." The bell rang and he looked at his students. "I expect your choices before the weekend." 

"Wait that's only two days!" Kirishima exclaimed incredulously. Shouta turned a predatory smirk at his student. 

"Yeah so you should start now." He said simply and looked back to where Nemuri was waiting for him. "Dismissed." 

He walked with her until they were outside and the beast in his chest eased up on the restlessness. "You doing alright Eraser?" She asked him sweetly 

"Fine, Mic left to check on Tensei before his classes." Shouta confided in his female friend. "I don't know what I'm doing." 

"Well it seems like you're finally acknowledging the feelings I know you keep buried in that impassive wall you call a mask." Nemuri swatted him on his back. "Now you got a beast in you ready to make that music nerd yours." 

"Oh my god Nemuri." Shouta glared at her. "I'm going to go nap. Go bother someone else." 

"I'll be here when you're ready to admit the truth!" Nemuri chuckled. He shook his head. He couldn't subject Hizashi to all the drama this wolf part of him was bringing him. He was still very glad to be alive. And he was slowly getting used to having his instincts skew. Feelings he kept control of for fifteen years were all of a sudden all he could think about. He wasn't going to jeopardize his friendship. 

It didn't help that Hizashi was being this overly concerned helpful ass. Why couldn't he be a jerk?

 


 

Izuku untangled himself from the goodbye kiss Kacchan had ambushed him with. His mate took off to do his evening training and Izuku just laughed and watched him go. "Deku wanna walk together?" Uraraka asked him. 

He shouldered his bag and smiled at her. "Sure." 

"Iida come with us-" She paused as they realized Iida wasn't in the classroom at all. Izuku was getting more and more worried about his Delta. 

He stepped to the door and opened it only to reel back in shock. All Might slid into view bent at the waist. "Ah ha ha, I am here! In a bizarre position!" 

"Yeah what's that about?" Izuku asked. "Are you in a hurry?"

"Hi," All Might looked up at him. "Come with me for a sec!" 

Izuku looked at Uraraka and she shrugged encouragingly. He waved her ahead and followed his mentor down the hall and around the corner near the bathrooms. "I'll get right to the point." All Might was still turned away from him. "You've received an offer from a hero who'd like to take you on." 

"Wait seriously?!" Izuku felt shock and excitement bubble in his stomach. "Who?" 

"His name is Gran Torino." All Might was visibly sweating all of a sudden. "He taught at this school back in my day, but only for one year. Actually he was my homeroom teacher." 

Izuku felt his blood rush as his inner fan boy exploded with all the crazed energy he contained. He was going to learn from his mentor's teacher! That was amazing!

"He knows about One For All too." All Might said still not facing Izuku. "Actually I suspect that's why he asked for you." 

"This guy sounds totally awesome!" Izuku exclaimed. "He knows about One For All? How?" 

"Gran Torino was the sworn friend of my predecessor." All Might confessed quickly with a strained voice. "He retired a long time ago, so I often forget to count him in the among of people who know." 

Izuku stepped forward when his mentor started to tremble. "This is about the letter I sent him. He must have watched the festival and found my teaching to be inadequate. He even went to the trouble of using his old hero name to make the offer." The tall hero slapped his shaking legs a couple times. "Scary, too scary! Dammit legs, stop shaking!" 

All Might was seriously freaking out! Izuku didn't know what to think of that. 

"It's my duty to train you but because you did get the offer you should train with him. If it's what your heart desires t-t-then h-h-here's the address." All Might held out a folded piece of paper while he was still freaking out. Izuku chuckled and took the paper. 

"Thanks All Might." 

 


 

"Everyone has their costumes right?" Aizawa-Sensei was facing their group of students at the station. He looked at them sternly, "Remember that you don't technically have permission to wear them out in public yet. Don't lose them or anything." 

"Gotcha!" Ashido cheered. 

"Speak properly, it's yes sir Ashido." Aizawa-Sensei chided her. 

"Yes sir," She pouted in response. 

"Make sure you all mind your manners with the heroes during your internships." He glowered at them threateningly. "Now get to it." 

"Yes sir!" Everyone said at the same time. 

Izuku turned and saw Uraraka gesturing wildly at Iida as he walked off towards his terminal. Izuku chased after him. He didn't like that Iida was going to Hosu, where the villain that attacked his brother was last seen at. Hero Killer Stain had killed seventeen heroes, and permanently injured twenty-three others with no hope of recovery. 

Izuku's wolf scrabbled to reach their Delta. But Izuku couldn't push when Iida wasn't responding to his attempts to reach him. "Iida, if you ever want to talk just let us know." Izuku told him desperately.

Uraraka prodded him again and Izuku lifted his head higher, "We're friends right?" 

"Yes," Iida turned to them and smiled. Then he turned and walked off. Uraraka gripped his elbow tightly and he looked down at her helplessly. Before the smile just hadn't reached his eyes. But now, now he just looked dead and lost inside. 

Izuku bid Uraraka goodbye and turned to find Kacchan there, wrapping his arms around Izuku. He was always so grounding for the roiling emotions inside him, "Kacchan." 

"Text me at night." Kacchan ordered and Izuku nodded. "Focus on your internship." 

"I will." Izuku had to put it aside for now. There was no other option. He leaned up and they shared a hungry kiss before breaking away to take separate trains. 

After a long train ride he followed the map towards the address of the agency. It was a decrepit looking building that immediately dashed the fanciful daydreams he'd had of All Might's teacher's lavish agency. He stepped up and knocked on the door. He opened it, "Hello, I'm Midoriya Izuku of UA High. I'm really looking forward to-" 

Izuku stood there looking at the elderly man lying in a pool of some kind of pungent sauce. "Hey, you alright? Did you fall down?" 

"I’m alive!" The old man jerked his head up suddenly. 

"Yes, I can tell that," Izuku frowned, "But are you alright? Did you fall?" 

*

Chapter 33: Bizarre! Gran Torino Appears

Summary:

Izuku trains with Gran Torino, and figures out some aspects of One For All

Chapter Text

The old man got to his feet shakily and Izuku watched him with a furrowed brow. He was wearing a hero costume; a pale butter creme yellow on the suit, and a glaring yellow on his belt, gloves, boots, and cape. He even wore a black domino mask. "Whoops, I was carrying a plate of sausages covered in sauce when I tripped and fell down." 

Izuku could see the offending pieces of meat and his nose twitched at the pungent smell of tomatoes. Then he looked back at the old man, he was visibly trembling feebly. Was this All Might's teacher? His body language was all over the place, he was projecting pretty hard that he was weak and old. 

But Izuku didn't get the feeling of looking at a prey type human. No, his inner wolf was shying away warily. Why was he feeling that way? "Now, who did you say you were?" 

"Ah, I'm Midoriya Izuku, from UA high school." Izuku introduced himself properly. 

"You're who now?" The old man shuffled forward with his hand up to his ear. 

"I'm Midoriya Izuku!"

"So what's your name boy?" 

Izuku bit his tongue to keep his temper in check. He knew All Might's teacher was older, but he honestly wasn't expecting him to be senile. The dopey look directed at him made Izuku cringe. Then he fell to a sitting position and Izuku reached out frantically. "I could really use some food." 

"Food?!" Was that really what this old guy needed to be worrying about right now?

"Toshinori?" The elderly man looked up at him curiously as if trying to puzzle out who he was looking at. 

"Midoriya." Izuku clarified to the old man. The blank look he got back just had Izuku cringing anew. He smiled weakly at the aged hero. "Ah, excuse me. I have to go make a phone call." 

Izuku bowed and backed up out of the open doorway. He grabbed his phone to call All Might, he needed to let his mentor know of the state this guy was in. He wasn't fit to be mentoring right now.

The sound of buckles being flicked had Izuku turning around. And there he was crouched in front of Izuku's gear case. How did he get that?! "Hey, that's my stuff!" 

"Why don't you fire of a One For All smash at me." The man said and the air of ridiculousness vanished. A strange tension filled the space between them and Izuku felt his instincts scream at him. The trembling, feeble old man was gone. He was crouching with no visible weakness; his back was bent strongly and his hands sure as he rifled through Izuku's case. 

He was like an opossum. 

"I want to know how far you've come in terms of handling it's power." The voice wasn't even the same now. "Do just that without changing into your wolf body." 

Izuku felt his hackles raise and maybe he was in the right place after all. "This is a nice costume." Gran Torino looked at him, "Now where's that attack?" 

"But sir," Izuku was glad he had indeed come to the right place. But he knew the force he had in his quirk. He didn't want to hurt someone. 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He was back to the feeble old man act again!

Izuku's inner wolf tried to sink further away from awareness in a bid not to deal with this. What they hell was with this guy?! "I'm here because I need to learn how to control One For All." Izuku informed the pro. He couldn't just ignore how far behind he was at his control over it. "I have to get so much better at it, and fast. I'm here because I don't think All Might has that much time left as a pro hero." 

And that burned deep inside him. He hadn't tried to replace One For All with the werewolf quirk. But he had hoped it would allow his mentor to continue. All Might had said however that he wasn't going to use it to do hero work. Despite how happy he was that All Might was in his pack, he was still upset he couldn't do right by the number one hero. He needed to be a better successor.  

"I'm sorry but I don't have time to play around like this all week. I hope you'll excuse me." Izuku bowed in apology and thought maybe Aizawa-Sensei would understand if he explained it enough. 

"As I thought." Gran Torino addressed him. Tension settled in the room again and Izuku stilled. The elderly hero sucked in a deep breath and crouched. Then with a great heave he jumped into the air faster than the eye could see. He landed on the wall in the corner near the ceiling. His yellow cape fluttered as he vaulted to another wall and then off again.

He was so fast!

The hero jumped from surface to surface with his quirk. He landed on the floor before he rushed Izuku and jumped again. He bounced off the ceiling and landed in a crater of plaster above the doorway. Izuku locked eyes with the hero and knew he was as distractingly wily as a coyote. Gone was that old man, in his place was a pro who looked down at Izuku like a predator.

"It's time for you to show me what you've got, ya newbie!" Gran Tornio challenged with a chuckle. "I watched the UA Sports Festival on the television. The way you used your combined quirks was unthinkable, and reckless. He's not training you properly. He may be the symbol of peace and the number one hero, but All Might's a total novice when it comes to teaching. I can only imagine what a blunder he is in the classroom." 

Izuku had to admit he was a bit eccentric. But there were valuable things he was teaching them all. Looking at his weirdness only Izuku saw he noticed the similarities between these two. The disarming personality hiding a powerful hero inside. Gran Torino really was All Might's teacher!

"I can’t stand to watch the way you use your quirk." Gran Torino spa from his perch. "So I guess I'll have to teach you. Now, hurry up and get your costume on." 

With a task set before him Izuku and his inner wolf hungered for the ability to control the quirk bestowed upon them. Izuku looked up with glowing eyes and a determined smile on his face. "I'm ready, teach me everything!" 

 


 

Izuku picked up the manual laying in the center of his gear case. The support department had made changes to his costume in regards to the material and even some of the appearances. They assured him in the letter that everything would be much cooler.

"I can’t believe they changed it without consulting me." Izuku complained even while he stripped down and slipped on the darker green suit. He sipped it up and had to admit it did fit well. He slipped his feet into a thigh high set of support pads. They hugged his muscles the right way and allowed for easy movement without risking his legs when fighting. His shoes followed and thankfully they were just a newer set. His pouches were now red. And his gloves had permanent claws and detailing on them. There were even elbow pads to cradle his weak arms properly.  

Izuku shook his head and slipped his mouth guards into his mouth to cover both sets of teeth. He checked the hood to make sure it was still the right dimensions and cycled through his werewolf forms to check that everything was fine. And they out did themselves, the support department had found a way to make his hero suit change shape with him. He no longer had to unzip or rip his clothes when that happened now. 

Gran Torino whistled in awe as he changed shape. Once back in his human body Izuku slipped his muzzle on to settle at his neck. This was the first time he was testing the gear modeled after his mother’s heartfelt design. "Alright let's get started." 

"Show me your smash." Gran Torino ordered from right behind Izuku. He turned to look down at the old man. 

"Uh, are you sure?" Izuku asked warily. "I'm kind of worried, I've never used this suit before. And I don't want to hurt you, or destroy this room, it's kind of small. Especially if I accidentally fire off one hundred percent." 

"Breathe kid, you're a real chatterbox aren't you?" Gran Torino interrupted him. He inhaled again and jumped into the air. Izuku followed a few of his landings before he just started moving too fast for Izuku to follow. Even with his heightened senses. "I'm losing patience." 

Izuku was kicked in the back and the hit hurt. Izuku twisted and saw the old man back at jumping around too fast to see. "That really hurt!" 

Laughter was the only concrete thing Izuku could sense in this assault. He wasn't picking anything else up. So he forced his senses out harder. He needed to get off a hit. He heard something break and twisted to see Gran Torino crouched on top of a broken kitchen appliance. It was a microwave.

"You didn't realize my true strength earlier?" Gran Torino looked up dangerously. Izuku had noticed, he just hadn't immediately listened to the wary way his instincts had tried to warn him. Why didn't he listen?! "I can’t believe you're the ninth holder of this great power. All Might's hardly taught you anything. Guess all that fame doesn't translate into being a good mentor." 

Izuku dodged the forward rush Gran Torino executed but was kicked almost immediately afterwards. Damn he was too fast! How did that quirk work?! When Izuku was kicked again he ended up on his knees and took a second to try and reorient himself. He covered his face and tried to track those movements again. There was nowhere to hide and get his bearings. Gran Torino also had no visible openings.  

He needed to predict where he was going to be if Izuku was going to have any real shot at hitting the old man. Izuku got to a crouch and watched as he thought he'd finally figured out the pattern of attack. He'd passed behind Izuku twice to test if he noticed immediately. So that meant-! Izuku twisted in his crouch and saw the old man flying towards him. "Clever analysis newbie!"

Izuku powered his fist up with One For All and punched out. His opened his fingers at the last second, but it didn't matter. Gran Torino dodged just by moving his head to the side. Then he was on Izuku. The teen found himself pinned on the ground, one arm under the hero's foot, and his head held to the ground by a hand. "Nice try, but you're a little stiff. And there's discord in your mind. That's why I bested you." 

"Crap," Izuku glared up through the yellowed gloved fingers that wrapped around his head. "I thought for sure I was going to land that punch." 

"Listen to me," Gran Torino said as he let Izuku go. "The way you use One For All in the Cavalry Battle and the tournament shows that you're adjusting to the quirk. You understand the fundamentals. but your admiration of All Might and your sense of loyalty to him are shackles on you." 

"Shackles?" Izuku asked in confusion. "But how?" 

"It's true that you need to get stronger." Gran Torino stood up. "And quickly at that. Time waits for no man. Real villains won't care if you've reached your full potential yet. And... you think One For All is more special than it really is." 

"Then-" Izuku sat up and looked at the hero who was to be his new mentor. "What should I do?" 

"Think about that on your own time," Gran Torino waved a hand. "Meanwhile I'll go buy some grub. Clean up while I'm gone." 

Izuku sat there in still silence. His admiration for All Might was a shackle?

 


 

Izuku cleaned the ground floor of the agency up while he pondered what Gran Torino had said. His mind raced over what he’d said and what it meant for him. Izuku brought his gloved hand up and thumbed his chin with an artificial claw.  

His admiration of All Might was a shackle?

He understood the fundamentals, but there was discord in his mind?

He believed One For All was more special than it was?

Was all that what was making him stiff like Gran Torino had said. What did being stiff even mean? He thought of his fight with Kacchan. He had felt crippled when he faced Kacchan's quirk in real battle. He'd spent so long ignoring his werewolf quirk and not getting a better understanding of its capabilities. He'd just gotten One For All and maybe the uncertainty of using both was what was making him stiff?

He needed to look at it from a different perspective. What made a movement flexible? Izuku raced to get his analysis notebook. "How I think about One For All, those big smashes are like my special moves. But I saw him use it up close." 

Izuku remembered latching onto All Might has he jumped into the sky to fly away. He'd exchanged actual physical blows without it being those iconic attacks. How had he never noticed? Izuku started to furiously write. "Quirks are just extensions of our bodies. So then I need to start thinking of One For All as being a part of me!" 

Izuku felt so stupid, the werewolf quirk always felt so natural. It was an active part of his life. He needed to feel One For All the same way!

 


 

 "To be perfectly frank, I don't like you very much." Best Jeanist was looking out the windows behind his desk when Katsuki was brought to meet him. He frowned when the hero spoke to him. 

"Hah?" Katsuki wasn't here to be liked, but what the fuck did he do to this asshole?

"I know full well the reason why you chose my agency. Because I'm one of the top five best heroes." The blond hero turned and walked around his desk to lean against it. 

"Hey look," Katsuki bit out. Was this fuck looking down on him? "You're the one who made an offer for me."

"Yes, recently all my recruits have been perfect angels." The pro sighed dramatically. "So you certainly stand out. I watched the way you fought at the sports festival. You have a good handle on your powerful quirk and a decent grasp on its applications." 

It felt like he was being assessed down to his very bones. And Katsuki honestly didn't like it. 

"I'd say you're already good enough to take on as a sidekick. However you have one fatal flaw." Best Jeanist glared from under his blond bangs. "You believe you're the best. And you display that belief without regard for how it reflects on you or your image. You have a ferocious nature." 

Katsuki didn't give a fuck about that. He started forward, "Don't tell me you brought me here to give me a lecture." 

He froze as his arms were snapped together and his knees were looped. He looked down and saw thread fibers were wrapped tightly around his joints in such a way he couldn't get out of it without hurting himself. What the fuck?

"I have to correct people like you." Best Jeanist drew Katsuki's attention and he was still standing primly, but where his arms were crossed his forearms bent in opposite directions. One up and the other down, but at the wrists the denim fabric had shorn away to reveal his tight control over the thread fibers that held Katsuki in place. "It's part of my duty to society. Heroes and villains are cut from the same cloth after all." 

He was legitimately being lectured by the number four hero. What the fuck had he done choosing this bastard for his internship?! "So your job here is to watch me. I'll show you what makes someone a hero." 

"Why the hell are you doing this?" Katsuki didn't need a reminder of his inadequacies. The fight's he'd had with Deku and IcyHot spelled all that fucking out for him. 

"Isn't it obvious?" The pro asked. All the eyes of the sidekicks behind Katsuki turned to him and he squirmed in mounting irritation. "I'm educating you on becoming an exemplary hero. That includes you being aware of how you speak, your appearance, controlling your emotions, and even your morals." 

The pro looked at him dangerously and lifted his hands to straighten his styled hair. "There are countless things you need to learn. But in the brief period of one week. I'll stitch these things into the fabric of your very soul." 

What the fuck had he done?

 


 

It was nighttime and Izuku stared down at the hero in his bed. "I'm snoring, I'm snoring." 

"You're not fooling anyone." Izuku huffed as he shook his head. Gran Torino was a real weirdo. After returning with food he'd eaten and passed out. Or whatever he thought he was doing right now. 

Izuku shook his head and walked back downstairs. He didn't remember ever seeing anything on Gran Torino as a hero. And after an internet search he found nothing. Maybe he was once an underground hero, like Aizawa-Sensei. Izuku opened the main doors and looked around, assuring himself there were no civilians in the area. Aizawa-Sensei had been explicit in his warning not to be caught out in their hero costumes until they were approved for use. 

Once clear Izuku walked outside and around to the back of the agency. He looked around for a good concealed area to test out an idea. He found the connecting alley and saw a lot of bags of trash everywhere. It would have to do. He needed to change the way he thought of One For All. It was supposed to be part of him, in the same way his werewolf quirk was. 

His classmates used their quirks as if it were natural. He used his werewolf quirk the same way. But how could he use One For All that way? How could he use all that overwhelming power effortlessly? If Izuku could harness even five percent of it he could move like Kacchan could. Even without using his werewolf quirk.

Izuku looked up the narrow alleyway at the rooftops. Five percent should be enough to get up to the top. If he jumped like Gran Torino he could bounce his way up. Three jumps should do it. Izuku crouched down and drew One For All to his feet. He jumped and it was way too fast. He face planted into the wall. He was afraid that would happen!

He fell and as he did his werewolf awareness kicked in and he rolled to land in a crouch. His body took the shock of the fall easily, though he fell over immediately because he landed on trash bags. Ugh. 

Izuku needed to cushion the impact when he got to the destination of the first jump. And for the rest he needed to transfer One For All into his arms and legs instead of just his legs. Izuku's next attempt ended in failure. And the one after that, then the one after that.

"Why am I so stupid?! Do it faster!" He yelled at himself and kicked the garbage viciously.  

 


 

"Good morning," Gran Torino greeted Izuku as he walked down the stairs. The werewolf just looked at his pro hero mentor tiredly from where he'd been waiting in the kitchen. "What's wrong you look beat." 

"I was training on my own last night and over did it." Izuku confessed and rubbed his neck listlessly. "I tried to put what you told me into practice. But it was no good." 

"It's your first time, so that's to be expected." Gran Torino smiled at him comfortingly. "That's how training works. Of course All Might cant wrap his head around that. He was pretty much able to use One For All right off the bat. So I taught him in a very different manner. Course he had the body going for him to there's that." 

Izuku found his second wind with tidbits about his hero's past. "Whoa, All Might as a student huh? What was he like back then?" 

"Hmm, huh?" Gran Torino looked at him before a sadistic smile crossed his face. "It was all combat training for him." 

No wonder All Might had been so afraid of this guy. 

"The training was difficult, but I couldn't go easy on him." Gran Torino looked a little wistful then, "He was entrusted to me by a sworn friend who had just passed away." 

"Oh," Izuku blinked, All Might had only ever mentioned his master a few times. "All Might's predecessor, what was he like?"

"Huh?" Gran Torino looked at him in shock. But before he could say anything the doorbell rang and Izuku's attention snapped to that. 

"Oh, I'll get it." Izuku hustled to the door and was surprised to see a package there. Next day deliver the handler said. Izuku signed for it and carried it in. They settled it down and Gran Torino happily tore the packaging open. "A Microwave?" 

The new appliance was settled on the ground and the hero patted it with pride. "Yeah for some reason mine broke yesterday. So I bought a new one." 

"That was you." Izuku deadpanned. 

"So how about we eat the frozen food I bought yesterday?" Gran Torino jumped up and Izuku picked the microwave up so he could get it settled in. His hero mentor just perched at the table and patted the surface. 

"You only got desserts." Izuku frowned when he looked in the freezer. Frozen taiyaki. 

"I've got a taste for the finer things." Gran Torino explained. 

"More like a sweet tooth," Izuku shook his head and placed a few on a plate before reading the directions and selecting the required time. 

Using his quirk needed to be as easy as breathing. How could he do that with One For All? He'd had ten years to get to this point with the werewolf quirk. At this rate he needed to commit to quirk training as intensive as the physical one he did on Dagobah Beach. 

The microwave chimed and he removed the plate to place on the table. He collected the plate's and forks he'd found yesterday. "What should I train first?" He mumbled to himself. 

"Why the long face boy?" Gran Torino asked cheerily. "Just focus on these piping hot pastries for now!" 

The hero picked one up and bit down on it. He jolted and wilted, "Still frozen!" 

"What?! No way!" Izuku leaned forward on the table to frown. "I'm sure I microwaved them according to the directions!" 

"What are you an idiot?! You stuck a huge plate in there!" Gran Torino exclaimed. "If you do that there's no room for it to turn. So only part of it gets hot. Have you never done this before?!" 

"Oh, the one at our house doesn't turn." Izuku explained, "Sorry-!"

That was when Gran Torino's words caught up to him and his mind latched on instantly. "I've got it!" He grabbed one of the taiyaki pastries and held it up. "Gran Torino, the frozen pastry is me!" 

"No it's not." The pro looked at him like he had grown a second head. Izuku often forgot most of his thought processes were in his head. He hadn't been mumbling about it. "Are you okay?"

"I don't mean literally! I'm not really a dessert." Izuku set the treat down and sighed happily. He'd had a breakthrough. "But I get it, up until now I've just been summoning One For All. When I needed it, only when I needed it, in the places I needed it. Like flipping a switch. But if I do that my reaction time gets slower and slower with each activation. Which means I shouldn't switch it off. I just need to leave it on." 

Izuku braced himself and pulled One For All from within himself. He was so focused on drawing it out to test his theory he missed Gran Torino's sly smirk. 

It came to him easily, but it was an exercise in effort to stretch the power all over his body. All five percent of it through his arms, legs, and everywhere. It felt like the strain he felt when transforming. But it still had that electric buzz that sat under his skin. It wasn't painful this time, it was energizing. His skin started to glow with a faint green light, and green static energy crackled over all of him. 

"Visualizing yourself as a pastry in a microwave is pretty lame." Gran Torino said and tossed his cane aside. "You sure you're okay with that?" 

"I don't care, it's fine with me." Izuku growled as the effort of maintaining only that five percent was tough. 

"So tell me, can you move in that state?" Gran Torino asked with a dangerous smirk stole over his wrinkled face. 

"Yeah," Izuku breathed out and looked back at his mentor with a hunger to test himself. "Let's do this!"  

*

Chapter 34: Midoriya And Shigaraki

Summary:

Izuku trains, and then goes out on patrol.

Notes:

Only no Shigaraki. Not sure I can write him properly. Not yet at least.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I love that you guys have opinions and are trying to figure out what I've got planned. It's fun!

Chapter Text

"That's it, keep One For All floating throughout your entire body." Gran Torino smirked at Izuku. "If you can move while maintaining this, then you'll be on a whole different level than you were at the sports festival."

Izuku gritted his sharpening teeth as he fought to keep One For All activated. Gran Torino held up a stopwatch. "So kid, think you can handle it?" He clicked the timer. "You've got three minutes."

"Ok, until what?" Izuku gritted out.

"That's the amount of time you have to hit me with a smash." Gran Torino stretched a few times before he shot off the ground with a gust of air. Izuku couldn't move right away, his focus was trying to split so he could watch the hero's approach. That earned him a kick to the jaw. 

"Crap!" Izuku snarled. He'd lost his focus entirely. 

"Pathetic, if you can't even hold your own against an old man; how will you protect those in need?" Gran Torino boomed as he renewed his bouncing flight around the room. Those words came from right next to his ear. Izuku whipped to the side but the old hero was already gone. 

Izuku was struck between his shoulders and he grunted. The movements were narrowing, closing Izuku in towards the corner of the room. It may be making it easier to box Izuku in, but he was able to see Gran Torino's movements better. Maybe he could find an opening now. "Someone praised by the symbol of peace himself should be able to meet this challenge easily. No sweat!" 

An irritated growl boiled up from Izuku's gut. He fisted his claws and felt his wolf man form burst over him. He pulled One For All on the heels of his transformation and it came faster. But before he could get the full effect of One For All spread over him a wild foot kicked out and smashed his chin up. One For All faded, but his wolf features remained. That was good. 

But he needed at least a moment to get One For All back. 

He wasn't focusing on Gran Torino and that led to him getting a barrage of hits that struck him on his legs, his sides, and his shoulder. He fell to the ground and growled. He needed a second, just a second! He spied the couch and there was just enough room to give him the reprieve he needed. Izuku scrambled up and dove for cover. 

"Don't be stupid." Gran Torino called as Izuku slid into the shadows under the couch. "I can still see you!" Oh, Izuku yanked his arms back underneath and rolled to his back. This was why Kacchan always won hide and seek before Izuku could control his nose. He sucked at hiding. "If you're trying to buy time, it won’t work!"

Izuku focused and pulled One For All up from within him. It filled his body before it started to blanket his body. Too long, Izuku took the initiative and punched up. The couch blew up into the air violently and Gran Torino just barely dodged it in midair. "So you were just using it to keep me off you for a minute eh?" Gran Torino rebounded to the ceiling and smiled down energetically. "Now that, was a good idea!" 

Izuku snapped his shoes to the ground and whirled himself up into the air. His fist was already cocked back and with One For All covering him. He had a name for this technique now. It felt like cloaking himself in One For All. As he swung his arm out in a swipe he named the technique. 'Full Cowl!'

Gran Torino dodged the swipe and the cans stacked on the shelf behind him were blasted off their perch. "Almost!" Gran Torino yelled. 

Izuku landed in a crouch and knew his back was to the hero. A bait his wolf instincts screamed would work. He waited until his awareness sharpened tenfold and he knew Gran Torino was a few inches away. Izuku leapt up in a display of pure werewolf prowess. He rode the momentum up to the ceiling. His body pressed to the flat surface and he vaulted off into a lunge. 

Izuku's fist extended and the force of the strike drove him down at Gran Torino who looked surprised. "Smash!" 

The hero dodged at the last second by shifting his head back. Izuku gaped in shock, and when Gran Torino jumped back he was completely open. A hard kick to his back drove Izuku into the wall. Full Cowl faded instantly. 

"Time's up!" Gran Torino declared and clicked the timer. 

"Oh man," Izuku exhaled and his werewolf quirk reverted. "It's so hard to keep it going like that. I still have more work to do I guess." 

"Nice work." Gran Torino praised and Izuku looked up startled. "You managed to attack me when my guard was down thanks to your analysis. You must think a lot about strategy in a fight." 

Izuku couldn't deny that. He thought in strategy all the time. His wolf mind couldn't help but categorize everything in things they could accomplish. Could he hunt that person, how to beat Kacchan in a dominance fight, how best to stealthily sneak snacks to his friends and family. "You've already grown so much since yesterday. And this is just our first go at using One For All this way." 

Izuku looked down at his hands and clenched them. He grew? Izuku inhaled and sharply stood up. He raced over to the kitchen and got a wet towel, he walked back to the old man and he was thumbing a scratch on his cheek. "You should be careful where you're jumping Gran Torino." Izuku said as he knelt to hand the cloth to his new mentor. "Sorry." 

"You think I got this when jumping?" Gran Torino took the rag and ran it over his cheek. The blood stopped immediately. He shook his head. "Alright, no time to rest. Let's keep training." 

Izuku jumped up and balled his hands. He needed to hold Full Cowl much longer. "Yes please, what's next sir?" 

"Something very important." Gran Torino looked at him seriously before he trotted back to the kitchen merrily. "We haven't had breakfast yet!" 

Izuku bit his tongue to keep from snorting in amusement. His mentor froze and Izuku leaned over from where he stood to look into the kitchen. The table where the plate of Taiyaki had been was now toppled over. Dessert pastries all over the floor. "They're all ruined!" 

"Don't worry! I'll go get some more!" Izuku smiled and ran out the front door of the agency. He had made real progress! He couldn't believe it. One For All: Full Cowl; the first step in the attempt to make it his own quirk. 

 


 

This was hell. 

There was no other description of what the first night was like at the Best Jeanist agency. The number four hero was supposed to be this bad ass hero who everyone loved. Katsuki hadn't expected him to be some asshole obsessed with fixing him. 

His damn sidekicks were no help. Anytime Katsuki tried to leave and say fuck it to the whole thing they dragged him back. Or the damn jean bastard would wrap him up in threads he couldn't rip off. If there was one thing Katsuki didn't like, it was having all of his flaws spread out in front of him like he didn't know what they were. Like he didn't care that he had an attitude, or that he was faster to snap than to hear anyone out. 

Every time this pro hero opened his mouth Katsuki felt more and more worthless. He didn't want to fit into a fucking category of what this douche thought he should be. He knew his temper got the best of him. He knew he had a foul mouth. He knew he was violent. He didn't have the kind of quirk or personality for the kind of hero-ing this shit thought he should be doing. 

"To be a good pro, your presence must calm those in danger and give them peace of mind." Jean Swoop said as he forced Katsuki through what he called an 'image change'. Wasn't Katsuki doing that though, by being the best and the strongest? If he showed up at a crisis everyone should just know he would fucking handle it. That's what a hero did. "You must be capable of course."

And another thing, how did this bastard always know what Katsuki was thinking?!

"But there are other things to consider. Your physical appearance, speech, and actions must all be elegant." Katsuki didn't have an elegant bone in his body. Efficiency, that was what he was good at. Katsuki felt the teeth of the comb slide through his hair and tamed it from the way he usually wore it into some kind of proper style. He hated it, he discovered quite clearly that he didn't like other people touching his hair. No one but pack. "Do you understand?" 

"Another perfect style Best Jeanist!" His fucking clone sidekicks cheered as one. Katsuki could only sit in horrified silence. He'd chosen the wrong fucking hero agency. His mind was on fire with explosions like he wished he could do with his hands. 

 


 

Toshinori raced across the school grounds in his full wolf form. It had taken a while after the full moon to get the hang of it. But he loved being in it. He didn't have itching lungs this way. His healing was perpetually repairing them. So he could run as far and as long as he wanted. It was comforting. 

Toshinori needed comforting right now. After his meeting with Tsukauchi, the things discussed... He couldn't wrap his head around everything. Nomu, was an altered human. His body containing four different kinds of DNA. Designed to hold other quirks, causing a brain-dead state if he wasn't being ordered. 

The research alone wasn't a surprise, for as long as quirks existed there were those who wanted to see if they could get more than one into a person. But Tsukauchi's theory, which the evidence was screaming at, was that a monster he'd thought was gone was still alive. 

Toshinori thought of his scar, the thing that had shortened his life considerably. Changed his entire world for five years, plagued his waking moments with pain and restrictions. Now it was at least somewhat functional. But he wasn't going to be capable of fighting him again. He couldn't be back, Toshinori didn't ever want that to be true. 

He wouldn't accept it. 

Toshinori stopped his run and inhaled to smell his other pack mate nearby. He padded into the forested edge of the school. He had been careful to keep his runs on off hours when students wouldn't stumble upon him. It seemed Aizawa had the same idea. 

He slipped from the bushes and saw the large black wolf panting in the center of a small clearing of shade. Yamada sat next to him with his hands tangled in the werewolf's scruff. "You can do it Shouta, it's not that hard." 

Aizawa whined pitifully. 

"Maybe I should have emailed Midoriya before he left." Yamada sighed and scratched the wolf ears in front of him. "You remember how you got this way easily enough; it should just be in reverse right?" 

Toshinori shuffled his feet forward and it got their attention. Red eyes rimmed in a strange silver gold color snapped to Toshinori. He flicked his ears forward in a look he hoped was friendly. "Yagi, thank god!" Yamada rolled to his knees. "Can you help-?" 

Aizawa toppled Yamada back down and stepped between them. His teeth were showing. Toshinori huffed, he wasn't here to hurt his friends. He would need to concede that Yamada was Aizawa's to protect. He could do that. Anything to show his friends he wasn't a threat. 

Toshinori stretched playfully and swished his tail. He'd been watching the video's Young Midoriya sent him. Aizawa tilted his head as if confused, then his eyes fell half lidded as if unamused. 

Toshinori sidled over and flopped onto the ground and got comfortable. With that he waited until Aizawa calmed down. He looked to the ground and concentrated on his paws; He was doing this for show. He let his paws and arms begin to transform, and once the fur started to recede the rest of him followed in the shift to human form. 

He was panting when it was done. It hurt the most because it pulled painfully at his scar. But the feel of being in his wolf form was worth the trouble. Aizawa looked at him before he leaned over and snuffled his hair as if in apology. "You're alright my friend, I'm sure I startled you." 

Aizawa huffed and pointed his muzzle down. It took a few moments but then the transformation was upon him as well. He was panting and shaking when he was done. "Damn that hurts." 

"Midoriya told me it gets easier the more you do it." Toshinori confessed. "Though I'm not sure how anyone can get used to this much nudity." 

The ground was littered with sticks and pebbles. Dug right into the skin horribly. Something soft was tossed at him and he looked up to see Yamada looking pointedly away while holding a bag. A gym uniform was lying at his feet. Toshinori took it gratefully. Aizawa was already zipping himself back into his jumpsuit.

"Are you having trouble with the transformations?" Toshinori asked, they were pack and he wanted to help. His wolf rumbled that they should help. 

"Only in getting back." Aizawa admitted. "Dr. Mitsu explained that Midoriya had the same problem. Does have the same problem when he'd particularly worked up. Apparently Bakugou can coach him through it. The medical staff at the festival were impressed." 

"I think that has to do with the fact that they're bonded mates. They've been together as friends since childhood." Toshinori explained what he knew of the two boys. The way Young Bakugou had watched him the first few times Izuku ran under the moonlight on Dagobah Beach always stuck with him. "For every full moon Bakugou is there. Both Alpha's make it easier on us as well." 

"Tch," Aizawa reached out and Yamada passed him the bag. He dug around until he found a jelly packet. "His video's helped. As did the startlingly accurate notes." 

"His English could use some work." Yamada said with a snort and he pulled his sunglasses off to tuck into his leather hero jacket. "Thanks for the help Yagi." 

"No problem, were all pack here." Toshinori beamed at them. "Can't be relying on the boy too much, were supposed to be the teachers, the reliable ones." 

"Yagi..." Aizawa looked at him seriously. "Can you do the werewolf transformation yet?" 

"Hmm, no." Toshinori admitted. He was rather excited to try, but young Midoriya had admitted to him that form only happened because he was desperate to save Bakugou from the sludge villain. "If I figure it out I'll let you know." 

"Hmm," Aizawa nodded stoically. "Me too." 

 


 

The third day of training was busy for Izuku. Full Cowl was coming on faster and faster without his werewolf quirk, and if he paired it with his transformations it happened instantaneously. Changing shape at first forced it off of him entirely. But he was still trying to keep it on. He was getting better though. 

Gran Torino was so hard to catch. Izuku was moving more fluidly but that didn't stop the hero from catching him in the side so hard he slammed into the wall. Full Cowl slipped off and Izuku groaned. 

"Eh, we should switch up the training." Gran Torino declared as he landed. Iuzku was so dazed for a moment his mind took a moment to catch up. "If you get too used to defending against my distinctive tactics you could develop some weird habits." 

"What habits?" Izuku asked as he rolled back to his feet. He wasn't ready to give up yet. "I'm just trying to keep up with you. Please let me fight more!"

"No, were done here." Gran Torino smirked dangerously at him. "Change into your costume, were moving on to phase two."

"Huh?" Izuku tilted his head. What was phase two?

He headed back up to the apartments above the agency and found his room. He changed quickly into his gear and headed down to meet the older hero. "Hope you're ready, were going out to fight some villains!" 

Izuku paled immediately. "What just like that?" 

"You only fight against me and you'll be in trouble when you come up against someone that's my complete opposite." Gran Torino instructed. "You'll need experience from fighting different kinds of villains and facing a variety of situations. This is an internship; you shouldn't be surprised." 

"It's not that I'm surprised, I just think I need more time to prepare." Izuku huffed nervously. 

"As I hear it you've already experienced combat with real villains." Gran Torino looked at him and nodded. Man this guy lived at a crazy pace. "We'll be alright, were not going after anyone big." 

"Okay," Izuku conceded, he was the hero, he was in charge. "Can I-, I mean do you mind if I did something first?" 

"Like what kid?" Gran Torino blinked up at him curiously. 

"I don't really know your scent; it blows by way too fast when you move. And if were going out I would like to scent you. I regretted that when the USJ Incident happened. I couldn't have tracked the class very well since I hadn't taken the time to really share my scent with them." Izuku rambled before he shook his head uneasily. "Do you mind if I scent you?"

"This the werewolf thing?" Gran Torino asked as he gathered his cane up from the table. 

"Yes," Izuku admitted. "I don't want to say you're pack, I don't know you that well yet. But I would like to think were in the same hunting party. Wolves share scent before they do anything outside the pack." 

"Well alright kid." Gran Torino nodded. Izuku breathed a sigh of relief. He nodded and leaned down to change into his full wolf body. He towered high over Gran Torino. The old man whistled again. "You're a big beast aren't you kid?" 

Izuku huffed and shook his body. The gear was really remarkable. Stretching before returning to the proper shape so he could wear it without tearing or ruining it. The support department was really awesome. He crouched down to be level with Gran Torino. He nuzzled the old man across the top of his head then dragged the bottom of his jaw all over the elderly hero's shoulders and cape. Gran Torino laughed and when Izuku shuffled back and changed shape his eyes were glowing. 

"Thank you, I know it was rude." Izuku bowed. 

"Can't help what your quirk wants you to do." Gran Torino shook his head and turned. "Come on kid, it won't do us any good hanging around here." 

They walked outside and hailed a cab.  "Because of the small population here the crime rate is low." Gran Torino explained as they rode towards the station. "That's why there are so many agencies in suburban areas. The more population density there is the more trouble you'll find. " 

Izuku nodded along with the instruction and wished he'd kept his notebook. But he would remember that for when he graduated. More people, more chances to commit crime. "Now, in Shibuya there's plenty of fights to break up." 

Izuku stiffened in surprise. "You mean were going to Shibuya in Tokyo?!" Izuku asked. His cheeks flushed. "I don't think my hero costume is hip enough for Shibuya." 

"That costume of yours tells everyone you're a hero. You should be happy to display it in such a bright spotlight." Gran Torino smirked at him.

"Wait are we taking the bullet train?" Izuku asked. Gran Torino nodded and Izuku frowned. They would pass right near the area Iida was stationed in. He was worried about him. Izuku had been so exhausted after the past two days of training he'd forgotten to reach out to his friends and Kacchan. Maybe they were just as busy. 

Izuku would admit that he only made it onto the train and a good way into their journey before he started to worry more about Iida. He looked at his mentor in a bid to distract himself. "I saw the schedule. We won't arrive until late, is that going to be alright?" 

"That's why I picked it. There will be more skirmishes. More fun that way." Gran Torino grinned and kicked his bulbous legs. 

"Our ideas of fun are very different." Izuku sighed exasperatedly. He gave in and pulled his phone out to check his messages. Iida had read his last message, Izuku had sent it the day he went to Gran Torino's agency. Iida was punctual, he never ignored messages. 

"You kids these days, always buried in your cell phones." Gran Torino grumbled like an appropriate old man. Izuku growled lightly in response and the hero laughed. 

Drafting a message to the entire class was the only other option he had. If Iida was going to ignore him, then he could get bombarded by the entire class talking about their internship experiences. That was sure to get him talking, if only to chide some of them for grammar or language. 

Izuku was about to start typing when a commotion started behind them. "Hey, did you see that?!" 

"A building just exploded!" 

"What's the ruckus?" Gran Torino sat up and looked back seriously. 

"Some kind of fire?" Izuku got to his knee on the seat to look back at the other passengers. 

"Passengers please remain in your seats-" 

The intercom was cut off when a great crash rocked the train car. It immediately started to slow to a stop. But Izuku whipped his head around to see the side of the train had been torn open. A hero with a fur lined coat was trying to get to his feet from the wreckage. A long blue green arm stretched in and shoved him to the floor of the train car.

"Nomu!" Izuku snarled when the creature revealed itself. It was smaller than the last one. With its different coloring, it also had four eyes embedded in its exposed brain. What was it doing here? Was the league of villains involved with whatever was going on?!

"I need you to stay here kid! You hear me?!" Gran Torino shot up to the roof of the car, then to the opposite wall before he shot forward to knock the Nomu off the train car entirely.

"Hey wait!" Izuku scrambled through the panicking passengers to get to the edge. Gran Torino and the Nomu vanished but off in the distance he could see a huge fire breaking out. He remembered all the damage the last Nomu could do. Was this one the same? Or not because it looked different? Gran Torino didn't know how to fight that thing! "What the hell is going on here?!"  

*

Chapter 35: Hero Killer: Stain VS U.A. Students

Summary:

Izuku faces off against the Hero Killer to save his Delta. And discovers his Beta.

Notes:

So, Destiny Forsaken is coming out at 1 PM tomorrow. Gonna have to kill me an awoken prince who fucked with the wrong vanguard. I've been a pretty intense Destiny player since year one of D1, despite the train wreck D2 has been. Hoping this one is better.

So, I'm working damn near overtime to get this stuff all lined up so I can game hard tomorrow night lol.

I hope you all enjoy. <3

Chapter Text

"Everyone please remain calm." A train worker was hunched over the hero who had been injured by the Nomu. "The villain is no longer here. More heroes will arrive soon!" 

Izuku assured himself the passengers were not going to panic any further and slipped out of the opening. He ignored the shouts following him and ran down the tracks. He needed to help Gran Torino. The elderly hero had no idea how to fight something like the Nomu. 

Was it a family member? Shigaraki had said they had designed Nomu specifically to go against All Might. They must have made more than one, that type of mutation was extremely distinctive. But what was it doing here? Their target had been All Might, and he was back in Musutafu. 

Izuku didn't have time for detours or stairs. He activated Full Cowl and his Wolf-Man form at the same time. The added intensity of his senses paired with the agility Full Cowl afforded him was an electric rush under his skin. He vaulted to the top of the safety wall on the tracks and leaped into the sky over the city. 

He could do this, he had to. The moon winked down at him and he looked ahead at the panic. He couldn't scent Gran Torino, but he headed due west from the large fire breaking out in the distance. That was the way he'd gone with the Nomu. 

Izuku landed on his first building and rolled to minimize the impact but he was already off again. He picked his way across rooftops until he needed to get down to the street. He moved through the crowds running past him.

Full Cowl and his Wolf-Man Form fell away. He needed to find his mentor. His scent wasn't discernible. Maybe a little further in? He had to get there, if that Nomu had the same powers as the one from the USJ...then it wasn't just Gran Torino in trouble. Everyone was in danger. 

Iida was interning here. Shit. 

Izuku needed a better plan. How could he get to his mentor and warn him? How could he save these people from an extremely dangerous threat? His estranged pack member was here! What could he do?

"Tenya!" Izuku halted on the now deserted streets. Someone was yelling for Iida? "Where are you Tenya?!"

Izuku ran towards the voice and rounded a corner. A bus was hurled through the air, it bounced onto another car and burst into flames. The explosion blasted heat all around him. A hero was dropped on the ground near Izuku. A large Nomu was fighting against a group of heroes. Another one had wings! These were two more than the one he saw earlier. 

"Manual, stop the fire!" A horned hero ordered as he yanked a fire hydrant apart. Water blasted up from the broken pipes. 

"Right!" The hero who had landed near him was already up and moving to the burst hydrant. Wait, he was Manual? That was the Normal Hero Iida had been interning with.

Iida had to be around here somewhere. The urge to assure the safety of his pack member rushed up and he moved to go and demand to know if Iida was alright. "Why did you go off by yourself?! Where are you Tenya?!" 

He went off on his own?! While all this was going on?! That didn't seem like something Iida would do. 

A female hero slipped between Izuku and the catastrophe going on. "You're in the way kid, get out of here!" 

"Sorry!" He turned to her. The massive Nomu, even bigger than the one Izuku had faced, was turning to the heroes gathering to fight it. 

"We can hold these things back on our own, evacuate with everyone else!" The female ordered. 

The flying Nomu flapped it's wings and fanned the fires hotter. Manual was still manipulating the water from the hydrant to try and combat the roaring flames. "I could have used the extra hands." 

Izuku couldn't believe Iida would have run off with such a disaster right in front of him. Izuku stilled, this was Hosu City. The stomping grounds of the Hero Killer Stain. Nomu were running rampant in the streets.

Izuku felt fear slink through his senses. He could be overthinking it. He didn't want to imagine that it was true, the league of villains working with the hero killer. 

He turned and ran. He needed to get up high, away from the panic entirely. 

He got to a roof top and inhaled deeply. He changed into his Wolf-Man Form. His hearing sharpened and his nose searched for the smell of engine oil and new car smell. He closed his eyes and picked it up. It wasn't that far away at all. But what terrified Izuku immediately was the smell of blood that saturated his pack mate's scent. 

Izuku got to the alleyway where Iida's scent was emanating. He dropped to the ground and kept going, he was close he knew it. As he passed a cross section of alleyways his sharp werewolf sight picked up Iida lying in a pool of blood. A Hero, Native by the looks of him, was against the wall. And a man stood above Iida, foot on his head. A red scarf was about the only color discernible on his black, weapon clad body. Bandages concealed his eyes and wrapped his arms. 

"Goodbye child, may your death bring about a better world." The villain rasped. 

"No please, not like this!" Iida hissed a plea. Izuku wasn't going to let that happen. He growled and transformed from Wolf-Man to Werewolf. Full Cowl powered up over all of it. "Say what you want to about me, but you're just a criminal who hurt my brother!" 

Izuku lunged, using his increased agility, and wolf shaped legs, to bounce between walls to increase his momentum and speed. The villain picked up on his presence quickly but not fast enough.

"Smash!" Izuku roared as his fist connected with the Hero Killer's face. Izuku landed and bent his bulk over Iida's body. Legs balanced and ready to pounce again, one clawed hand digging into the ground as he instinctively protected his pack mate. A deep snarl echoed from his chest and he bared his fangs. 

"Who's there? Midoriya?" Iida looked up at him and Izuku tilted his head just a fraction to look down at his pack mate. Full Cowl deactivated but his Werewolf form remained. Good, he was going to need it. "How?"

"Don't you worry Iida," Izuku growled deeply. "I'm gonna save you."

"You found him too, how?" Iida asked from where he lay. Izuku didn't like the smell of blood coming from his pack mate. 

"I saw it on TV. They had some stats about the Hero Killer. Most of his victims were found where there weren't many people." Izuku explained as he glared at the malevolent aura the villain emanated. Izuku's hackles raised. This was a predator, a dangerous threat. "Away from the panic, in the back alleys of Hosu City. Let's go back to the street and get help from the pro's." 

"I can't move my body." Iida strained and Izuku looked over him. "It must be his quirk. Since he cut me I've been paralyzed." 

"That's the kind of quirk the people on tv said he might have. So cutting activates his power huh?" Izuku growled.

That made things harder. he wasn't anywhere close to All Might's speed. He wouldn't be able to get them away without opening himself up to attack. And there was someone else to think of as well. He was still alive as well. Them escaping would depend on the Hero Killer not following them. 

If he didn't, he would kill that hero lying against the wall. 

If he did, Izuku could be paralyzed and then they would all be at his mercy. 

"Midoriya please." Iida choked out from the ground. "Don't get involved." 

Izuku looked down at him but his eyes were unfocused, he looked completely unhinged. "This doesn't involve you." 

"Iida," Izuku huffed. They were pack, Izuku couldn't leave him alone if he wanted. "What are you saying?" 

"You showed up to save your friend's life." The rasping voice of Stain jerked Izuku's glowing glare up. "You even made a big entrance. That body of yours is rather scary. But I have a duty to kill him and this so-called pro." 

Izuku didn't like this guy’s tone. His eyes were dark with malice and death. The eyes of a fanatic. Izuku bared his fangs threateningly. "When your friend chose to fight me, it was guaranteed that the weaker of us would be culled. So, what will you do?" 

Izuku shifted his arm back, relying on the darkness to conceal his movement. He skipped his phone out of his pocket and activated the phone. He still had his text app up. He tapped his finger pad to the screen, hoping the gloves still worked to text. He activated the location next to the send button and sent it out. Hopefully someone from their class would see it and call for help. 

He'd rushed in too fast, mistake. He should have grabbed a pro the moment he put two and two together. He needed to protect these two and stall for time.

All by himself...he didn't like his odds. 

"Listen to me," Iida looked back up at him. "Stand down and run away. I told you this has nothing to do with you!" 

"If you really believe that then why are you trying to become a hero in the first place?!" Izuku snarled. He shifted again to keep Stain in his line of sight. His hand slipped back down. Phone secured back in his pouch. "There are a lot of things I'd like to say to you right now. I'm really pissed at you. But they'll have to wait. All Might was right though, meddling when you don't need to is the essence of being a hero!" 

"Hah!" Stain grinned maliciously at him. Izuku wouldn't let him get close to his pack mate. He lunged low bouncing his palms down to activate Full Cowl. He saw Stain swinging his sword. He needed to get past that. 

"No! If you get cut-" Iida screamed from where he lay. 

Izuku ignored him, he saw the other hand snatching a knife from near his ribs. Izuku's next step shoved him past Stain too fast to be attacked. He jumped up immediately, and when Stain swung down at where he was Izuku was already above him. "5% Detroit Smash!" 

Izuku's fist drilled down onto Stain's head and he knocked the villain down. Izuku landed back between the villain and Iida. It worked; he could fight with Full Cowl. His glow slipped off him the moment he landed. But it was still progress. Enough to help him in a fight. 

Izuku felt something press down on him suddenly. An immobilizing force that froze his body. He was so careful, how-?! There was a nick in his left sleeve. A tuft of bloody dark fur was sticking out of it. Damn, it was so shallow he hadn't even noticed. One tiny graze was all it took?!

Stain walked past him and Izuku smelled his blood before he saw it on the teeth of the knife. It was the blood. The one thing the same between all of them.

"You're not powerful enough." Stain sighed, "It's not that you predicted my movements, you just left my field of vision and maneuvered so that you'd be able to get in a clean shot. But I saw through your plan." 

The villain started to walk past Izuku. His hunched body menacing as he cradled his weapons and moved with efficiency. That hit hadn't even hurt him. "There are countless false heroes around here who are all talk." The Hero Killer growled. "I think you're worthy of staying alive. You're different from these two." 

Izuku's wolf snarled in his mind as Stain stood over their pack mate. His sword pointed down at his head. "No wait! Stop it! Get away from my Delta!" 

As Stain lifted his sword high a blast of fire roared into the alleyway. Stain jumped back and Izuku gaped even as relief coursed through him. Iida was alright. 

"Someone else to get in my way." Stain grumbled with a deepening frown. "Today's been full of distractions." 

Izuku looked to where the flames had originated from. And at the end of the alleyway stood Todoroki!

Fire climbed up his side and he was holding his phone, "Midoriya, you need to give more details in times like this." Todoroki held up his map with Izuku's locator on it. "I was almost too late to stop this guy." 

Izuku puffed out a disbelieving breath. He had not expected to receive help so soon. But he was unbelievably glad it had. 

"Y-You too Todoroki?" Iida warbled. 

"How did you get here?" Izuku asked, but his eyes fell to the soft flowing flames burning from the other teens hand and side. "Hold on, you're using your left side?" 

"How'd I get here?" Todoroki asked as he leaned down to a ready position and his fire died out. "Good question, your message took me a while to figure out. Next time try to send more than just your specific location. But you're not one to send cryptic messages without a reason are you?"

Ice shot out across the ground and grew up along the alleyway safely lifting Native and Izuku off of the ground. "So I figured you were in trouble and asking for help." Todoroki ran forward and cut off the ice as it directed into a slide that moved both Izuku and Native to the ground behind his advancement. Safely getting the three of them behind him. "Everything's okay the pro heroes will be here any minute!" 

A blast of fire increased the distance between them. Izuku felt his frozen body roll to a stop. Todoroki was standing between them and their enemy. His strong back framed with fire and exuding protectiveness.

He knew, he knew right then. Iida and Uraraka had felt like pack mates once he got to see their personalities. But Kacchan said he knew the moment Kirishima was at his back at the USJ, that the red-haired teen was his Beta. 

"You're just what they said you were." Todoroki glared at Stain. "But you won't be taking any more lives, Hero Killer."

Izuku knew now, Todoroki was going to be his Beta. 

"Todoroki!" Izuku looked up at the teen with fire back on his side. "You can't let him get your blood. I think he controls his enemies actions by swallowing it. That's how he got us." 

"He ingests blood to keep people from moving?" Todoroki's flames went out, but he still wasn't moving from his protective stance. "That explains the blades. All I've gotta do is keep my distance."

Todoroki dodged but the scent of blood peppered with winter fire bloomed in the air as a knife sliced through the air. Stain closed the distance in an instant and Izuku roared at his body to move. To do something. "You have good friends Ingenium!"

Ice shot up and locked the knife stabbed forward inside before it could plunge into Todoroki. But he threw his sword at the same instant. Izuku growled threateningly as the Hero Killer grabbed Todoroki's shirt and dragged him forward. He was going for the blood!

Before the villains long tongue could reach his cut fire erupted and protected Todoroki. The hero killer didn't take even a second, after he jumped back he lunged to the side as ice blasted towards him. He leaped and reclaimed his sword as it flew through the air. He cut away at a geyser of ice. If Todoroki was keeping on the offensive like he was, his defense was almost impenetrable. 

"Just stop it!" Iida ground out from where he still laid on the ground. "Why are you doing this? His fight is with me! I inherited my brother’s name, I'm the one who should stop him! The Hero Killer is mine!" 

"You're Ingenium now?" Todoroki asked as he attacked with a torrent of fire. Izuku didn't even get a chance to address Iida's skewed attitude, Todoroki was already there.

Todoroki cut off his flames and slammed his fist down to create an ice wall. Izuku saw the Hero Killer leaping over each growing piece of ice. "The Ingenium I knew never had that look on his face. You've got a dark side, guess my family isn't the only one."

"Careful Todoroki!" Izuku warned. He stilled when one of his clawed fingers moved. Was he getting feeling back?!

The ice wall was destroyed, and the Hero Killer was leaping through the falling boulders of ice. "You blocked your own field of vision against an opponent who's faster than you?! Rookie mistake." 

"Come get me then!" Todoroki challenged. Izuku saw a pair knives steak through the air and embed themselves into Todoroki's left arm.

"You're good kid!" Stain called as he maneuvered himself into a downward strike with his sword pointing down. But he wasn't aiming at Todoroki, no he was aiming for Native! "Unlike him!"

"Watch out!" Todoroki yelled. Izuku gained his mobility back and activated Full Cowl. He lunged and grabbed the Hero Killer midair. His claws sank into that red scarf. He yanked the villain and flew through the air. "Midoriya!" 

"I'm not sure how, but I'm able to move now!" Izuku called.

"So he has a time limit?!" Todoroki asked. 

"No, that kid should have been the last one he freed." Native informed. "We still can't move a muscle." 

Izuku was elbowed in the back and he dropped the villain. He shook his head and his ears swiveled. "Midoriya, dodge!" 

Todoroki's ice blasted through the space where Izuku was. His claws tore at the ground and his tail swept off the ground when that ice struck. Stain dodged just as quickly. Izuku made it back to where Todoroki was. He shook his fur and looked at the other teen, "He swallows blood to paralyze them, but I was the one freed first." 

"Could it be your werewolf blood?" Todoroki asked. 

"No, my blood is just as human as anyone else. My quirk may make my metabolism faster, but I don't think that's it either." Izuku huffed, he had three guesses on why he was freed first. "His quirk could be less effective the more people he uses it on. Or the amount he ingests, affects how long it works. Or it could be a difference as simple as a person's blood type." 

"If it's the last one, my blood type is B." Native hissed. 

"I'm... type A." Iida struggled to speak. 

"So you've figured it out." Stain glared at them with an eerie smile. "Bravo, very impressive." 

"It doesn't really help us to know how his quirk works though." Izuku crouched and glared. 

"I thought we could hurry and carry those two out of here but it's no good." Todoroki cupped his bleeding arm and shuffled his feet. "He's too fast, he can dodge my ice and fire. I'd have to leave myself unguarded." 

"I had the same idea." Izuku informed the other teen. "Too much of a risk." 

"We'll have to hold until the pros arrive and avoid close combat." Todoroki glared ahead as he takes the knives out of his arm. He threw them behind them.

Izuku wished it was that easy. If Izuku had to compare the body language of this villain. It was to a lone rogue wolf. Dangerous and sneaky. Waiting for his moment to strike. 

"No, you know you've already lost way too much blood." Izuku looked at Todoroki, they weren't going to be able to last long in a drawn-out fight against such an experienced fighter. "I'll distract him while you support me from behind. Sound like a plan?"

Full Cowl activated and his fur glowed green. Todoroki looked at him before shifting his eyes back to their enemy. "You want us to take a pretty big risk." He seemed to be weighing his options. "Okay, we can protect them!" 

He was going to follow Izuku into a battle to protect Iida and Native? Long enough for help to arrive? That was it. Kacchan had even agreed. Todoroki was going to be his beta. 

"Two against one huh?" Stain asked as Izuku rolled his shoulders and leaned into a ready position. "It won't be easy." 

Izuku lunged and shot between the building walls to gain momentum. He mimicked what he learned from Gran Torino. Keeping himself going to throw Stain off where exactly he was going to attack from. The villain was having a hard time keeping up, but Izuku wouldn't bet his life on his inability to react.

Izuku landed behind him and sure enough, Stain dodged his punch. Ice moved up to separate the villain from him and thanked Todoroki for having his back. Fire flashed out next and Izuku slipped around the hot torrents. After another volley Izuku was slashed across his leg. He snarled and fell to the ground. 

This wasn't good, Stain's fighting style had completely changed the longer they kept fighting him. Hero Killer Stain was incredibly versatile. He shifted between them with ease.

Fire blasted the villain away from Izuku. "Midoriya!" Todoroki yelled. 

"You have to run!" Iida's wobbling voice caught Izuku's ears. "I can't...watch this..." 

"You want to make your brother proud?!" Todoroki snarled.

Izuku winced as his body shut down with Stain's quirk. Shit! Ice swept through to separate the villain from him. Izuku needed to get his mobility back. Stain was going for Todoroki now. Izuku needed to move he was not going to lose either of his pack mates!

Todoroki whirled his arm back and fire blasted from his skin. "Then stand up and be Ingenium! Become the hero he wanted you to be!"  

*

Chapter 36: Climax

Summary:

Izuku and his pack continue their fight against Stain.

Notes:

Hello everyone thank you for the comments as always :3

Chapter Text

Izuku needed to get up. Todoroki was keeping Stain at bay all on his own. "Watch your right!" Izuku warned. 

Something hit Izuku in the chest. A deep sadness that resonated through him and he realized this was something he had never felt before. It wasn't One For All. It felt like it was surrounded by the fur and warmth of pack. It felt similar to when he sensed Kacchan. But nothing like this had ever translated to him before. 

His gaze flicked to where Todoroki was blasting fire, not him. Behind him, Iida was crying, that was where the feeling of wretchedness was coming from. A despair and pain Izuku had no words for.

His pack mate was hurting over the entire ordeal with his brother. He'd come here to get revenge and had found the Hero Killer. The Hero Killer who was so much more dangerous than he had expected. Izuku needed to get up and go to him. He needed to protect his pack mate, let him know he was not alone! 

Why wouldn't this quirk wear off already?! 

Stain ran up the ice that blanketed two sides of the alleyway. Todoroki was doing a great job at protecting Iida and Native.

"Ice and Fire!" Stain was closing in, "Hasn't anyone ever told you, you rely on your quirk too much?! That makes you a careless fighter!" 

Izuku felt his eyes widening as Stain moved right past Todoroki's guard. That sword was under his arm, close to his chest. "Todoroki!" 

"Recipro Burst!" Iida flew in and kicked the sword before it made contact. The sword was broken in an instant. And when he touched down his legs burst with more power to level Iida into a follow up kick that blew Stain back down the alleyway. 

"Iida!" Relief coursed down Izuku's spine. The feeling of helpless despair was gone, replaced with grim determination.

"You're free now?" Todoroki turned and looked down at Iida. "Guess his quirk's not as powerful as I thought it was." 

"Todoroki, Midoriya, this has nothing to do with you. I apologize." Iida said. 

"Come on," Izuku snarled. "Not this again." 

"I'm okay," Iida stood up and glared ahead. "But I won't let the two of you shed any more blood for me." 

"It's no use trying to pretend you're a hero now." Stain spoke from where he stood. His body language was loose again. Dangerous. "A person's true nature doesn't change in just a few minutes. You'll never be anything more than a fraud who prioritizes his own desires. You're the sickness that's infected society and ruined the name hero. Someone must teach you a lesson." 

"You're a fundamentalist lunatic!" Todoroki spat. "Iida, don't listen to his murderous nonsense." 

"No," Iida sighed weakly. "He's completely correct. I have no right to call myself a hero at all." 

Izuku smelled the blood as it poured from Iida's shoulder and his inner wolf scrabbled to get to him. Their Delta was injured he couldn't fight alone. "Even so, there's no way I can back down. If I give up now, then the name Ingenium will die."

"Pathetic!" Stain roared. He darted forward and Todoroki jumped around Iida to shove the taller teen back. He blasted fire at the villain. 

"Idiot! The hero killer is only after me and that kid in the white armor!" Native yelled from the ground. "Stop fighting back and get out of here!" 

Tch, Izuku would never abandon his pack mates. "I don't think he'd let me run even if I wanted to!" Todoroki snarled, "Something's clearly changed in him just now. He's getting more radical." 

Izuku's senses screamed and he looked up to see Stain had avoided the fire by jumping up onto a windowsill. He leaped off and vaulted over Izuku's pack mates.

Todoroki turned on a dime and ice blasted up into rapidly forming spikes. Even still Stain avoided being struck and broke the ice as he was vaulted higher and higher up. He passed too close for Todoroki to use his ice, and still he avoided the fire that covered the range difference. 

Stain was a monster. 

"Hey Todoroki, can you regulate your temperature?!" Iida asked hastily. 

"Not well with my left but yes I can." Todoroki answered as he focused on keeping Stain at bay. Izuku frowned, what was Iida planning?

"You've gotta freeze my leg for me without plugging the exhaust!" Iida said and Izuku's eyes widened. Izuku tensed when Todoroki took his eyes off of Stain. 

"You're in the way!" Stain threw a set of knives and Izuku snarled. Iida lunged between them and his armor deflected all but one of them. Izuku's wolf was going wild over the scent of more of his pack mate's blood being spilled. And he was still just stuck here!

"No Iida!" Izuku moved then and blinked in shock. 

"Why won't you stay down?!" Stain roared as he hurled another knife. This time it stuck Iida's arm to the ground. 

"Iida!" Todoroki snapped. 

"Just do it!" Iida ordered. "Hurry!" 

Izuku got to his feet and burned One For All into his healing. His leg was messed up, but that was alright. Full Cowl roiled over his furred body and he launched for Stain. 

Izuku planted his bad foot on the side of the building and bit back the scream that wanted to tear from him. Instead he shoved himself forward. That was when he saw Iida closing in from the other side of the villain. All he was going to need was his arm to beat this guy. He swung his punch and it connected at the same time Iida kicked him.

Izuku's arm smarted and he grabbed it, he didn't think it was broken. Stain snapped from the shock of being hit. He grabbed the sword he'd just released and swiped at Iida.

"I will defeat you stain!" Iida snarled. "Because you are a criminal!"

"Don't let him get away!" Todoroki roared from the ground. Fire flew up from there and Iida ignited his legs to kick Stain again. 

"I am a hero!" Iida yelled as soon as the villain was struck. The fire blasted over Stain as he fell through the air. Izuku was caught by ice and both he and Iida were directed to falling by Todoroki. 

"Stand up, keep fighting!" Todoroki growled as they stopped sliding right behind him. There was no sound of counterattack. Izuku looked up and there, on top of an ice pillar, was Stain. 

"He's gotta be knocked out after all that" Izuku climbed to his feet his bulk lumbering in place. "Right?" 

"Let's restrain him and get him to the street." Todoroki suggested.

Izuku felt the howl bubbling in his chest and he tipped his head back. It was a victory, a strong victory. He howled long and loud. He fought with his pack and won. The first time ever. 

"We should find some rope and take all of his weapons." Todoroki huffed with a small smile. 

 


 

"Native, can you move?" Izuku crouched tiredly in human form next to the hero as his pack mates finished tying Stain up.

"Yeah I think I'm good as new now." The hero crouched and picked Izuku up. "I saw you hurt your leg. This is the least I can do." 

"Uh, thanks." Izuku looked back at his pack mates, keen eyes still on the villain. 

"I should be thanking you." Native chuckled. 

"Todoroki, I can drag him from here." Iida insisted and Izuku rolled his eyes. 

"Are you forgetting your arms are injured?" Todoroki deadpanned at him. 

"I have to apologize." Native said as they started their trek through the maze of alleyway connections to get to the street. "I'm supposed to be a pro, but I was useless back there." 

"I don't think any one person could take the Hero Killer on." Izuku mumbled, he was suddenly very tired. He'd pushed One For All too hard there at the end. He could only handle five percent. "Not with that quirk of his, he was too strong."

"The three of us barely won against him and it was only because of his own mistakes." Todoroki said.

Towards the end there Izuku had opened something up between the three of them. A sort of pack mind. They moved as one unit there, without having to really speak in the moment to each other. Like a pack would when taking down prey. He felt it, but he wasn't sure if they could.

"He got all riled up and desperate and forgot all about Midoriya. Then he wasn't able to block Iida's last Recipro Burst, or Midoriya's assault." Todoroki continued. 

It was a flawless joining of attacks. Izuku wanted to smile about it, but he still needed to speak to the both of them about being in the pack. They got to the street and Native stopped. "Let's get him to the police as fast as we can." 

"What are you doing here boy?!" Izuku's head snapped up and he saw Gran Torino across the street. 

"Gran Torino!" Izuku called. The elderly hero used his quirk to jump over. "I was only-!" 

"I thought I told you to stay on the bullet train!" Gran Torino yelled as he kicked Izuki in the face. 

"Who's this?" Todoroki asked. 

"Gran Torino, the hero I'm interning with." Izuku explained. Oh man, he was in so much trouble. "I don't get it, how'd you find us?" 

"I was told to come here by someone else." The old man fumed. "I have no idea what's going on but I'm glad you're not dead at least." 

"Me too." Izuku grinned weakly. "And I'm sorry." 

"Tch," The old man sighed. 

"Around the corner!" A female voice called. Izuku tilted his head to look curiously. 

"Endeavor told us there was a request for help here but-?" One of the heroes stopped and his group flowed around them.  

"Children?" 

"Those injuries look bad; I'll call an ambulance right away." 

"Huh, hey look!" One hero with a helmet on gasped.

"Is that the hero killer?" The female hero exclaimed. 

"I'll get the police on the line!' 

Wow they just kind of leaped right in didn't they? One of them came and assessed Izuku's leg. It was healing slowly but it still hurt, Stain's sword was a jagged mess. Todoroki stood next to him once he was on his feet. His forearm was still bleeding. 

"You guys," Iida's voice had Izuku turning. His Delta bowed at the waist. "You were both hurt because of me. I'm truly sorry. I was just so angry. I couldn't...see anything else." 

"I'm sorry too Iida." Izuku didn't want his Delta to feel the misery Izuku now felt deep in his chest. His inner wolf was presenting it for the truth it was. He was pack bonded to Iida. "You were going through so much by yourself. And I couldn't reach out and help because I didn't think it was the right time to ask you to be part of my pack. Even though I'm your friend, I let you down." 

Iida stiffened as his tears fell and he trembled. "Hey," Todoroki breathed. "Pull yourself together. You're the class rep." 

Iida wiped his eyes on his shoulder. "Right." 

Izuku felt a change between them. They had faced combat together and emerged alive. That strengthened bonds like what was blooming in his chest. He was bothered he couldn't feel Kacchan there yet. He could only feel his mate through his massing mark. But it was still something, something that calmed the best inside Izuku to a happy rumble. 

"Get down!" Gran Torino suddenly yelled and Izuku twisted to his elderly mentor. 

"Oh no!" The female hero next to him exclaimed as she looked behind Izuku. 

He was suddenly grabbed around his abdomen and yanked into the air. He twisted to look and saw the flying Nomu had snatched him up. How had he not sensed that? 

"Midoriya! Iida and Todoroki yelled at the same time.

Izuku grew claws and tried to turn and slash at the monster trying to carry him off. The Nomu stiffened up and Izuku frowned. What the hell?! It started to flag and sink from its desperate flight into the sky.

"The word hero has lost all meaning in this society!" Izuku saw the Hero Killer get free, how had he done that?! Stain lunged into the air and jumped from the wall next to him to the back of the Nomu. "The world is overrun by fakes and criminals that chase petty dreams!" 

He slammed his knife into the Nomu's head and dragged it to the ground. Izuku was let go but Stain's hand grabbed at his hood to keep him still as they hit the ground. "You must all be purged!" 

Izuku looked up in shock, he took the Nomu down in one attack?! The Hero killer crouched on the back of the Nomu, it's wings held under his arm. He exhaled and Izuku wondered if he was even aware. 

"Everything that I do, is to create a stronger society." He snarled and yanked his knife from the Nomu's brain. Stain staggered and sank to his knee even as he was trying to gain his feet. 

Izuku tried to shift but Stain was holding him down. He was not going to die like this! Stain stilled and tilted his head before a growl so malicious it oozed hate came from him. "Endeavor." 

"Hero Killer!" He knew that shitty voice! Endeavor was here?!

Stain got up and let him go. Izuku turned and looked up. He saw the killers domino fall away as he turned on his feet. "You false hero!" His yell emanated an aura of killing intent. "I'll make this right! These streets must run red with the blood of hypocrites!" 

"Hero! I will reclaim that word!" He held out his arms in a blatant challenge. "Come on, just try and stop e you fakes!"

He stepped forward and everyone seemed to draw back. "There is only one man I'll let kill me." Stain roared. "All Might is worthy!"

Izuku wasn't going to let him attack his pack again. They were in a state of shock, scared by the killing intent this villain was projecting. Izuku snapped clawed fingers out and grabbed the trailing scarf. It was an unnecessary action, however. Stain had passed out in the middle of his speech. 

Izuku looked up at the shock of everyone around them. He stayed where he was until the others got it together enough to retie Stain back up. He changed his hand back and joined his pack mates. 

The police and ambulances arrived not long after. Izuku unearthed his phone and sent an alert to Dr. Mitsu. He would want to assess Izuku's injures. He looked to his pack mates and saw Iida and Todoroki waiting. Izuku felt his body starting to flag and the moment he was in the ambulance with his pack mates he fell asleep.   

*

Chapter 37: The Aftermath of Hero Killer: Stain

Summary:

Izuku and his pack recover and deal with the aftermath of their battle.

Notes:

Thank you for the comments everyone!

Chapter Text

"I'm sorry to say that your bite won't fix the damage acquired in the case you sent me to consult on." Dr. Mitsu reported to Izuku. He sat outside the room his pack mates were sleeping in. It had been a long night of recovery for each of them. 

"That's unfortunate." Izuku frowned. "Are you sure? I can make the gland appear whenever I want now." 

"Yes, the damage was extensive. The patient is nerve damaged in the spine. He will be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life." Dr. Mitsu sighed. "If you turned him he would be a wolf who couldn't run." 

The mere thought of that sickened Izuku. He couldn't even offer this to Iida. Izuku shook his head with a growl. "What about your research?" 

"I have had more success with the part of your DNA that inspires healing. It won't repair the nerve damage, but it will increase healing for a set amount of time without forcing the werewolf quirk through." Dr. Mitsu said proudly. "I could offer to let him try it to speed up the healing rate on his other injuries. But there is nothing either of us can do about the spinal damage." 

"Thank you, go ahead and offer him that." Izuku sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Also, I experienced something mid fight." 

"Oh?" Dr. Mitsu asked curiously. 

"I don't think Lycan has ever felt it before, you said he only ever considered his mate his pack. I forged some kind of link with Iida and Todoroki in the last few moments of a fight last night. And before that, I felt Iida's anger and despair." Izuku growled and clenched his fist. "I think it was a pack bond, but I didn't think it would be so metaphysical." 

"That is very interesting Midoriya-San." Dr. Mitsu hummed. "He reported that he could feel when his mate was near, and he felt her die. But pack bonds giving you that kind of awareness with each other...that's remarkable. Can your pack feel it as well?" 

"I don't think so, they are human." Izuku shook his head. "Maybe it's a wolf thing." 

"We will have to conduct an experiment with Yagi-San, and Aizawa-San." Dr. Mitsu nodded. "I must be going I have to gather some supplies if I'm to convince Iida-San to let me speed up his healing." 

"Thank you again doctor." Izuku got up and limped to the door to his shared hospital room. Todoroki and Iida were awake now.

"Midoriya, did you get anymore sleep?" Todoroki asked. 

"No, not really." Izuku admitted. "After I woke up it wasn't possible to go back down." 

"I figured, me neither." Todoroki shuffled to the edge of his bed and Izuku looked him over sharply. There were bandages on his arm. But he'd gotten off light compared to Iida. Who's arms were both wrapped in slings. Izuku had woken up in the hospital after apparently going through surgery on his arm again. Dr. Mitsu had managed to stop them from cauterizing all of the sutures, but a few got through. His leg was already repaired, but it was wrapped because of the raw stitches.

"I've been thinking about that fight." Izuku sat on his bed and looked up at the ceiling. "We did something pretty amazing together." 

"Yeah I agree." Todoroki said. 

"After everything that happened back there it kind of feels like a miracle were even alive." Izuku mused. The Hero Killer had been something else. "The moment he slashed my leg I was an easy target. Prey. He could have killed me if he'd wanted to. He was a greater predator than I was." 

"Yeah, seemed to me he let us both live on purpose." Todoroki lifted his arm up to look at, then he looked across to Iida. "I'm actually impressed Iida, he was actually trying to murder you, but you stood tall."

"That's not true." Iida looked down. "I was-..."

The door slid open and the hero Manual and Gran Torino entered. "Oh, so the injured young’uns are awake." 

"Gran Torino," Izuku greeted with a smile. 

"And Manual too." Iida breathed. 

"Idiot! I could yell at you for hours right now." Gran Torino walked over threateningly and Izuku shied away from the elders wrath. 

"Yeah," Izuku winced, "I'm sorry." 

"But before I do, you've got a visitor." Gran Torino looked behind him. Izuku looked over and a large man walked through. He had worn a black suit, with a white and black spotted tie. He also had a dog's head. "This is Hosu's Chief of Police Tsuragamae Kenji." 

Izuku gaped at the dog as his senses went wild with the need to assert dominance. Izuku snatched his wolf side back. Now wasn't the time for his instincts to take control of him. Todoroki and Iida stood up respectfully and Izuku worked his way back off his bed. 

"No please, stay seated." The Chief said regally. But Izuku gained his feet regardless. He might not be posturing but he couldn't be prone in the face of any other canine. His instincts wouldn’t allow it. "Woof." 

Woof?

"So you're the UA students who brought down the Hero Killer. Ruff." He looked over them with dark deep eyes. Ruff? 

"We are." Todoroki spoke while Izuku boggled at the police chief. 

"Stain has some serious injuries; severe burns and several broken bones. Right now he's in the hospital under strict guard. Woof." The Chief informed them and Izuku wondered just why they were being told this. "Here's a lesson you should've already learned. When quirks became the norm, the police force fought to maintain the status quo. It was decided we wouldn't use quirks as weapons. That's when heroes came in. They could do what we couldn't, if they were licensed of course. Woof." 

The two heroes stood behind him sternly and Izuku looked back to the Chief. "It would be impossible for the police to condone the use of deadly quirks, after all we're here to stop such harm from being done. The only reason pros can use their powers now is because of the strict code of ethics the early heroes chose to abide by. That's why it's against the law for unlicensed people to use their quirks to cause injury.

"Whether you were up against the Hero Killer or not, none of you have the authority to harm the villain." The Chief explained. "That means the three of you and your supervisors; Endeavor, Manual, and Gran Torino are sure to receive harsh punishments for this gross misuse of your quirks." 

"Now wait a minute." Todoroki growled and Izuku looked to him frantically. "If Iida had not stepped in, Native would've been murdered. And if not for Midoriya, both of them would be dead. No one else even realized that the Hero Killer was in Hosu. Are you saying we should have stood by and watched people die?!" 

Izuku reached over to stop his packmate from advancing on the chief. "Calm down, Todoroki." 

"So it's okay to break the laws as long as it goes your way?" The Chief challenged and Todoroki flinched. Izuku laid a hand on his pack mate's shoulder. 

"But sir, isn't it a heroes job to save people?" Todoroki challenged right back. Izuku looked back at the chief. He was right, Izuku wouldn't have changed a thing. Iida was going to die; he would never have just let that happen. 

"This is why you're not a full-fledged pro yet." The Chief closed his eyes. "It's obvious Endeavor and UA haven't been teaching you near enough. What a shame."

"You damn mutt!" Todoroki pushed forward and Izuku stepped fully into his path as Iida gaped. 

"Todoroki, listen he's right!" Iida exclaimed. 

"Stop there kid," Gran Torino walked over with his hand out, Izuku looked at him but he had it. Todoroki wasn't trying to shove past him, but the fire in his eyes was very alive with indignation. "You'll want to hear him out until the end." 

"What I've said is the official stance of the police department," The chief said as he lifted a hand to rub his nose, "But, any punishment would only be necessary if this went public. If it did you'd probably be applauded by citizens everywhere. But there's no way you could escape from being reprimanded. On the other hand, we could say Endeavor saved the day. Stain's burns would support the story completely and we could pretend you weren’t involved. Woof.

"Thankfully there were very few witnesses. This could be the last you hear of any punishments. It would mean no one would know about you though. You'd receive no acclaim at all. The choice is yours. Personally I know where I stand." He gave them a thumbs up and his tongue lolled out. "I don't want to damage any promising young careers. Not for a mistake like this." 

"Either way we'll need to take responsibility for being negligent as supervisors." Manual looked down wearily.

"I'm sorry," Iida said after walking over to his mentor and bowing at the waist. "I should have listened."

"Yeah!" Manual chopped him once on the head. "You caused us a lot of trouble. Remember that and don't do it again." 

"I apologize as well." Izuku looked to his mentor and lowered his head. "This is my pack member; I should have been more aware of how to help before it got to this." 

"Me too," Todoroki bowed as well. "We'll leave it to you. " 

"I know it's not fair," The Chief rumbled at them. "You won't enjoy any of the fame or praise you probably would have received otherwise. But at least allow me as the chief of police to thank you." 

Izuku flushed, and Todoroki grimaced awkwardly. Izuku's inner wolf preened. 

"You know you could have started with that." Todoroki looked away in embarrassment. 

 


 

Izuku frowned down at his phone as he looked at the news feed. There were images of the Nomu everywhere. And even a grainy shot of two villains set apart from all the chaos. He knew that misty villain. And the one next to him could only be one man. Kurogiri and Shigaraki. So they had been behind everything there. 

He closed the news feed and directed a lengthy text to Kacchan to tell him he was caught in the fight in Hosu and was in the hospital. He didn't detail anything else; he would call his mate later. Kacchan wasn’t one to blab and he would want to know that their pack had been in a skirmish.

He finished up by adding to the text he’d sent to the entire class to explain that he'd been in Hosu and was requesting back up. He even took a moment to answer Uraraka's call and explain the official situation to her. 

 


 

"Let's take a moment to discuss the incident that occurred last night." Best Jeanist said to the assembled group of his agency's sidekicks. "The hero killer stain was arrested, and there were multiple incidents where villains that resembled Nomu from the UA attack were captured.

"You're likely wondering how this all stitches together. Well, I too am concerned. People tend to come apart at the seams at times like this. That's why we heroes must remain calm despite our fears. Don't let chaos tempt you into thoughtless reaction. Remember were here to protect others, not seek our vengeance." The pro waved a hand. 

Katsuki was so pissed. His fucking boyfriend was in that whole fucking mess. And he'd been stuck here, doing nothing to protect his mate, his pack!

Not only that he was wearing jeans instead of his gear. This was so damn humiliating. 

"So it'll be business as usual for us." Best Jeanist instructed. "Standard material. May your mind and bodies be as sharp as your jeans." 

"Thank you, Best Jeanist!" The sidekicks around him chanted. They were so damn mindless. 

'Dammit, I'm so ready to get out of this place.' Katsuki seethed. His hair wouldn't come loose from whatever the hell that bastard put in his hair. He was going to lose his fucking mind!

 


 

 Izuku walked back to his room and saw both Iida and Todoroki looking stern. "What's up?" 

"Midoriya, Iida just got his test results back." Todoroki looked to the class rep. Izuku looked at his Delta worriedly. 

"My left hand might have damage that's permanent." Iida confessed. A cold chill swept down Izuku's back. 

"What permanent?" Izuku asked shakily.

"Both of my arms were pretty torn up. But the injury to my left arm was especially severe. The damage was to my brachial plexus." Iida explained with a tight smile. "Which just means I'll have trouble moving my fingers and my hand might have some numbness. Apparently there's a chance it could be healed with nerve transplants." 

Izuku started to offer Dr. Mitsu's treatment option but was cut off.

"When I came across the Hero Killer, I stopped thinking rationally." Iida confessed. "The first thing I should have done was call Manual. But I got lost in my own anger." 

Izuku frowned as Iida got lost in his head a moment and reached out. "I hate him so much. But I can't deny he spoke the truth. That's why, until I'm able to call myself a real hero, I'll leave my left hand as it is." 

"Are you sure? “Todoroki asked with a concerned frown. 

"Iida, if I had asked you before... If I had just acted on my impulse I could have been there for you." Izuku spoke and dug his claws into his palms. "I knew weeks ago that I wanted you to be in my pack, I should have taken the role of alpha more seriously. I'm your friend... I should have tried harder to be there for you." 

Izuku lifted his mangled hand to his Delta. "I feel the same way." He held the handout to Iida, "Let's get stronger together. Please join my pack." 

Iida studied him a moment before he nodded. Todoroki hummed, "I feel kind of bad." Izuku whipped to his other friend. He couldn't have that, his wolf scrambled inside to make his pack mate feel better. "Whenever I'm involved...someone's hand gets messed up." 

Izuku snorted, was he serious? Todoroki looked really bothered as he stared at his own hand. "Is something wrong with me? Am I cursed?" 

Izuku burst out laughing and Iida joined him. "Todoroki, I didn't know you had a sense of humor!" Izuku laughed 

"This isn't a joke!" Todoroki looked at them frantically. "I'm like the hand crusher or something." 

That only dragged more laughter from Izuku and Iida. "The Hand Crusher!" 

"It's not funny!" Todoroki growled and Izuku walked over to look at his pack mate. 

"Todoroki, be my Beta." Izuku asked with a wide smile. 

"Beta?" He asked with a weird frown. 

"I assign roles, but you don't have to do anything other than be you. Be in my pack," Izuku grinned. Todoroki looked at him before he nodded. 

 


 

'A Phone Call Is Here! A Phone Call Is Here! A Phone Call Is Here!' Toshinori jerked his phone out of his pocket and waved sheepishly at Aizawa and Yamada who were looking at him incredulously. 

He looked at the caller ID and frowned. "Hello?" 

"Toshinori," It was Gran Torino. 

"Hello Sir!" Toshinori coughed blood he stood at attention so fast his lungs screamed. Flashbacks of his school days burned in his mind. 

"You could have warned me about Midoriya Izuku." Gran Torino grumbled. "I know it probably couldn't be helped. But because of him, I'm getting a pay cut and my teaching license is being suspended for six months! His tendency to jump into situations without thinking is just like yours Toshinori. " 

He was sweating as he was being scolded. He was in his forties for fucks sake. He shouldn't feel like a damn teenager being reprimanded. "I humbly apologize sir. It's because of my insufficient teaching. I can't believe my protege caused you so much trouble." 

He started to bow in mortification, and he was on the phone! If he were in wolf form his tail would be between his legs. He wanted to roll over in submission to beg forgiveness. He turned he needed to get out of here, he couldn't do this with Aizawa watching him. Oh man this was bad. 

"Well I don't care about my teaching license anymore anyways." Gran Torino grumbled. "You're the only reason I got it. That was so I could keep my promise to your predecessor Shimura." 

"I truly appreciate all you've done for me." Toshinori spoke to his mentor honestly. "It's only because of your wisdom and guidance that I'm the number one hero today." 

"If that's true then why don't you ever visit me?" Gran Torino asked. He wanted Toshinori to visit? 

"Well, it's just that my new life as a teacher keeps me so busy." Toshinori explained as he stood walked. That and Gran Torino terrified him. 

"I actually called to talk about the Hero Killer." Gran Torino changed the subject. "I only saw him for a brief amount of time, but he shook me to my core. There was such hatred inside of that man." 

"I can't believe he was able to frighten someone like you Gran Torino." Toshinori entered the teacher's lounge and closed the door. "He must have already been tied up so what scared you?"

"It probably stemmed from his fanatic ideology." Gran Torino sighed. "There was something intimidating about his obsession. I'm not trying to praise him or anything, but he's got the same determination as you when it comes to your symbol of peace thing. There's similarities." 

"What do you mean?" Toshinori sat down and frowned. Grab Torino wouldn't compare him to a villain for no reason. 

"To put it simply you've both got charisma." Gran Torino said gravely. "As the investigation continues his ideology and opinions will be all over the media. Everyone will want to know his motives. The age we live in, for better or for worse, is one of suppression. There will be people across globe who will be influenced by his new ideas." 

"If that's true and he inspires copycats. They'll probably strike out on their own." Toshinori replied to that notion. "Heroes will be able to stop them, just like they did this time." 

"That's where the league of villains comes in." Gran Torino said and Toshinori stiffened. "The Hosu incident suggests that Stain and the League are connected somehow. That means the league will go from being thought of as a bunch of juvenile delinquents that attacked UA, to being recognized as a group with an ideology.

"In other words these new converts will seek them out. Even if each individual is insignificant. If that evil gathers under one banner, it'll swell to unstoppable proportions. If the villain in charge knew this would happen from the very beginning then he is a brilliant strategist. He's steadily getting rid of any obstacles one by one. Trying to create conditions that will favor his own purpose." 

"I heard from Tsukauchi that the Nomu had multiple quirks." Toshinori confessed with a deep growl building in his throat. His inner wolf didn't like it either. "I had a bad feeling when he told me that. What if he's back?" 

"You're concerned he could be the man that killed Shimura, my sword friend, your Master, and previous holder of One For All? The man who put that hole in your side. You're afraid the villain All For One is alive and on the rise again?" Gran Torino always knew exactly what was going through his head. 

"For him to have survived such injuries," Toshinori didn't want to believe it. But all the evidence was pointing to it. "I don't want to imagine it's possible." 

"Hmm, Toshinori that child admires you so wholly and fiercely. You should find the time to tell him everything concerning you and One For All." Gran Torino said. "Be honest, he deserves to know the truth."

Toshinori frowned but Gran Torino was right.

 


 

"So you need to do what?" Todoroki asked.

"Scent you." Izuku nodded at his two friends. They looked at him incredulously and Izuku decides to sweeten the pot. "I'll change into my full wolf form; would you like to pet my fur?"

There was a sudden sparkle in their eyes. He hadn't let anyone pet him but Kacchan and their parents. The girls would have died to get the chance to do so, they had tried ever since they'd first seen the wild form. "Whatever you need to do Midoriya." Iida looked away embarrassed.

Izuku unwound his bandages and shuffled behind the examining curtain to strip his scrubs off. He shifted shape and his arm and leg hurt as they changed. But he was solidly in his wolf body. He shook himself and padded out. His claws clicked on the linoleum for.

"You always look so impressive like this Midoriya." Iida said and Izuku reared up in indignation. He didn't look impressive normally? He worked hard to get his abs! Kacchan thought he looked good, Izuku thought petulant lay. 

"Why are you so big, aren't wolves like this tall?" Todoroki indicated his hip in height and Izuku shook his large head proudly. Then he moved forward to Iida.

He paused and the stern teen nodded at him. Izuku leaned down to flick his tongue across his friend's injured fingers and whined. "You can't hurt me right now Midoriya, I've taken my medication."

Izuku huffed before he leaned his head up to run the underside of his jaw over Iida's neck and avoided his injured shoulders. He ducked down to keep his bulk from bowling Iida over as he rubbed against his back. The foresty smell of home, gained the scent of metal and oil. 

When he stepped back Iida looked disheveled, but he smelled like pack. He pressed his wide forehead to Iida and huffed. From the center of his chest he felt Iida's surprise, the weird acceptance and flattered feelings. When he pulled back Iida was looking at him in shock. Could he feel that?

"Midoriya what?" Iida gasped and Izuku turned, he'd explain after.

He moved to where Todoroki was watching with wide eyes. He sat on his haunches and reared his head back to let Todoroki touch his fur. One cold and one warm hand threaded through his neck fur. He shifted to move Todoroki's hand when it got close to his mating mark and bumped his head against the hot and cold teen.

He repeated the process and ran his scent all over the smell of winter campfires. It became foresty. Then from the center of his chest a painful surge of happiness speared him. A fragile need to belong reached out to him and Izuku met it with the strength and security of pack.

When he pulled back and nudged the teens face he kicked the scar there. Never again would Izuku let him be hurt. Izuku was the Alpha he would stand between his Beta and the world that he couldn't strictly fight. 

Todoroki grabbed onto his fur desperately and Izuku leaned down to flop on the ground. Todoroki knelt next to him and ran his fingers over Izuku's back and ears. Iida settled down and pulled one arm from the sling. Izuku laid his head on the other teen's legs and let him pet him as well. 

The feeling of safety and security spread from him into them and he rumbled happily. The only thing that would have made it better was if the rest of his pack were here to surround them with a bigger sense of belonging. 

But this was enough, he was the Alpha and he was here. His Beta and Delta were warm links in his chest. They were a small unit, but they were his. 

*

Chapter 38: Everyone's Internships

Summary:

Izuku gets news about the other internships, and Katsuki get's the full story about the Hosu incident.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The news was bursting with information about the Hero Killer. The press seemed obsessed with trying to piece together the timeline of his attacks. Stain was the new sensation sweeping the nation. 

The official story was that seven heroes and three students had run into the Hero Killer during the Hosu Incident. Endeavor had rushed to save them all and took Stain on all by himself. Izuku growled every time it crossed the news. He didn't think his Beta's parental abuser deserved the limelight. The Chief of Police had kept his word and their names were out of the entire story.  He and his pack mates were said to have been injured during their internships. 

After they had bonded as a pack Iida had returned home early from his internships. His mother was going to be taking care of his recovery. Todoroki left the next morning for his internship. And after Izuku inquired if he was alright working with his father his Beta had shrugged. Apparently he was going to use the knowledge his father had as the number two hero, even if he was a scum bag. Izuku could understand that. 

Then it was followed by Todoroki smugly stating he wanted to see if his father had any shame on his face for taking the credit of defeating a villain his son had a hand in taking down. It seemed after their fight at the sports festival, Todoroki had gained a bit of a fiery side to his attitude.

Izuku was just glad the other teen was standing up for himself. 

It was after they were gone that he started to hear from his other classmates about their internships. Izuku had remained in the hospital to repair the damage dealt to his arm.

 


 

Katsuki was relieved when finally, after five days of hell, he got to go out to patrol. He was miserable, his hair was still fucking stuck, no matter what he did to it. He was going to blow damn near everything apart when he got home he just knew it. 

"It's possible some villains were inspired by what happened in Hosu. That means they could be feeling bolder." Best Jeanist lectured as he led Katsuki through his district. He wanted to rage and sneer at the pro, but he had to admit he was good at his job. Even if he wanted to burn the damn denim from his smug face. "This may be a patrol but keep your guard up." 

"Yeah yeah." Katsuki growled. How could he keep his guard up without his gauntlets to help him in a serious situation? Or the rest of his costume designed specifically to help ease the strain his fighting style put on his body?

"Here's a question for you." Best Jeanist tilted his head back to look over Katsuki. He didn't need to be looked at like this, fuck. He felt about as pitiful as an outcast wolf from Deku's documentary films. "Patrols are mainly meant to deter villains from committing any crime. But they also have a secondary purpose. What is it?" 

"If we see some bad guys we can beat 'em up on the spot." Katsuki smirked, if it were his district, there wouldn't be any villains lurking around waiting for an opportunity to strike.

"Incorrect." Best Jeanist sighed. 

"Hey! It's Best Jeanist!" A middle school girl in uniform squealed. 

"Thank you so much for keeping us safe!" The pink skinned girl next to her called. 

The damn hero cocked a hip and waved with a flourish. Fucking shit, if he ever acted this flamboyantly, girls would run screaming. Fucking Deku would want his head examined. What the hell did this guy want from him?!

"The answer is, to remind people of who we are." Best Jeanist said, "Our presence gives the public peace of mind." 

That wasn't the kind of reaction he was getting from the girls gathered around the street to watch this asshole walk by. But whatever. 

"This helps weave a tapestry of trust between the protectors and the protected." Best Jeanist said. Katsuki swore, if he had to listen to any more fabric puns, he was seriously going to explode his own head. 

"I think you just like getting recognized." Katsuki snarled and looked away. Sure he wanted the popularity too, but he wanted it based on his ability to fight villains. Not because he simpered to the civilians he was there to protect. Honestly, that kind of attention in the middle of a fight seemed like a fucking nuisance. 

"Hey, I've seen that blond guy on TV before!" A kid's voice cut through the seething rage still boiling in his mind. He'd been getting recognized from the sports festival left and right. Then the little shit started laughing. "Yeah, a news villain almost caught him, and he cried like a baby." 

"What did you say?!" Katsuki's anger stiffened his back and miraculously his hair blasted free of the fucking shit that pro put in it.

He hated that news broadcast. His breakout moment and it wasn't even the sports festival anyone remembered. It was the fucking sludge villain! 

When he whirled around he saw three grade school kids looking up at him with startled tears in their eyes. Fuck!

"Have you really forgotten everything I've taught you." Best Jeanist demanded. Goddammit, he didn't want this bastard's sappy crap to be necessary. He didn't want to have to be the nurturer this asshole wanted him to be, not to people he wasn't actually connected to. "Talk with them like a pro." 

"Yeah, fine." He conceded to the pro's demands. Even if Katsuki hated it there was a reason Best Jeanist was in the top five. He walked a few steps over to the kids and planted his gloved hands on his hips to level himself to their height when he bent down to them. "Listen up, I wasn't helpless. I was just coming up with ways to fight him." 

He tilted his head and they still scrambled together with watery fearful eyes. Shit, Deku would not be happy with his shitty way with kids. "Sometimes a hero has to pretend he's been caught. You really think I would lose? You'll eat those words when I'm the number one hero! You dumb kids will never laugh at me again if you know what's good for you!" 

Dammit, he'd lost it about halfway through. They were actually crying hysterically now. What should did he do now? Deku was the one that was good at this shit. He was a wolf, his instincts demanded he be able to handle kids. He saw the alphas in the documentaries, they were stern but playful. Pups loved them. He was never going to be good with kids, he had too much of his mother in him. 

But that wasn't right, she was great with Deku. Fuck! What was wrong with him?!

 


 

Izuku smiled at the texts he was receiving from his friends. Uraraka was having a busy time training with Gunhead. He was unexpectedly cute with his mannerisms according to her. He apparently had taken to teasing her on patrol, using a cute way of speaking, and had a habit of posing. He was also very formidable; he'd taught her how to fend off an attacker with a knife. Izuku was impressed, he'd add these tidbits to his notebook profile on the hero. 

In Uraraka's words, he acted cute, but he was fierce.

He saw in a couple of candid shots online, Yaoyorozu was interning with Uwabami. She didn't look too happy to be caught by the Snake Heroine's fan rush. She was one of the more popular female heroes. Her entertainment appearances kept her busy even on patrols. 

Kirishima had launched into a lengthy retelling of Fourth Kind's public service work. They cleaned up a park with the lesson that they were contributing to the community. He seemed frustrated, but Izuku had learned that his first day with All Might. He'd cleaned Dagobah Beach after all. 

Jirou had gotten to save hostages from an armed robbery. She was flattered to be called a hero by the hostages. Everyone pouted over the group text over it. Izuku was impressed she'd kept her cool in that situation. But Death Arms was a known levelheaded hero. 

Mineta was pouting that working for Mt. Lady was not at all what he expected. Izuku figured she was a little young to be teaching them all, but he also figured that wasn't what Mineta meant with his complaints. 

Asui however had chosen to intern with Selkie and his side kick Sirius. He was glad she'd gotten to intern with heroes very much in her chosen wheelhouse. She said she felt disheartened at first when she was doing nothing but cleaning the boat they worked on. But was excited now that she had seen Selkie and Sirius in action. She had even helped them take down a villain and his minions. 

He waited a few hours until it settled into night. That was when he called Kacchan to talk to him without anyone around to hear. He couldn't wait until they were face to face to come clean to him about the Hosu incident. Not with all the media crap happening. He wouldn't believe it anyways with Endeavor running press conferences over it. 

"Deku," His mate growled. "Took you fucking long enough to call." 

"Sorry Kacchan, I'm still in the hospital for my arm and leg." Izuku confessed. 

"What happened?" His mate demanded. 

"Are you alone Kacchan?" Izuku asked and shifted in his hospital bed. 

"Hold on." His mate growled and then the sound of a door closing was heard in the background. "I'm in the bathroom in the barracks, anyone has a problem they can fuck off. After the day I had, I want to fucking explode." 

"What happened Kacchan?" Izuku asked in concern. 

"I scared a bunch of kids." Kacchan huffed and sounded totally bothered. He could just see his mate sitting down and burying his head in one hand in exasperation. "How the fuck do you do it?" 

"Talk to kids?" Izuku asked with a laugh. "I have no idea; I haven't spoken to any kids in a while. I guess just keep it simple, imagine what it's like to be them, after all we were them once upon a time." 

"Deku...Izuku," Kacchan huffed. "What if one day you want kids? I read the notes your shitty doctor writes. He said you might want to do that one day and were both dudes." 

"Man, we'd have to adopt, unless we find a surrogate," Izuku rattled off before he froze. "Wait, Kacchan are you thinking about kids in the future?!" 

"I'm not-! Fucking goddammit just answer the question." Kacchan bit out. "Later on when we’re both fucking awesome… you gonna want kids?"

"I really hadn't thought about it, but I wouldn't mind seeing someone with your hair running around." Izuku smiled as he gave the vision life in his head. A little girl with Kacchan's hair and red eyes. Smart mouth too. She'd be a little Mitsuki. Izuku could fall in love with a kid like that. 

"What if-..." Kacchan seemed to choke. "It's too fucking early to think of this shit." 

"No, no, you brought it up." Izuku wanted to hear, he wanted to imagine everything his mate was thinking. "What were you going to say Katsuki?"

"Dammit," His mate cursed. "I'm not good with kids, I'm like the opposite of my mom. But... if we were talking the future, a little brat with your hair wouldn't be shitty." 

"You know my quirk would be passed on right?" Izuku breathed, "Any child of mine would be burdened with this quirk. It wouldn't be like saving a life or helping someone live better. I would be deliberately passing on the werewolf quirk to a child."

"What's wrong with that?" Kacchan huffed. "It's your quirk isn't it?" 

A hot flush ran down Izuku's chest. He smiled and tears filled his eyes. "Katsuki." 

"Besides, wouldn't it be interesting to see a little werewolf that isn't you?" Kacchan breathed. "I fucking thought about it earlier after I realized I'm shit with kids. Maybe... maybe I don't want to be shit with them." 

"I'm going to remember this Kacchan." Izuku warned, "So don't say I didn't warn you." 

"Yeah, yeah," Kacchan growled. "Now tell me about your injuries." 

Izuku was loath to give up the companionable talk. But had to, it was his duty to keep his mate informed. "While I was training we went out to patrol. We were heading to Shibuya when the train was attacked by a Nomu." 

"A fucking Nomu?" Kacchan snarled, "I saw the news reports, and after you said you were there I wasn't expecting it to be with a Nomu. Did it fuck you up?"

"No, Gran Torino got it away from the train. I tried to follow him but couldn't find his scent. That was when I remembered Iida was in Hosu." Izuku remembered his mate comforting him when he couldn't reach Iida before he left. "I came across the other Nomu's fighting the heroes in the area. Iida's mentor was there." 

"Fucking Glasses wasn't?" 

"No," Izuku sighed and rubbed his eyes. "No, he went after the Hero Killer. And he found him." 

"I saw the news on that too, they said three students were in the fight with him." Kacchan growled. "You saying you were fucking in that fight?"

"Yes," Izuku launched into explaining how he'd scented Iida and blood. How he rushed in to protect their pack mate. How he'd fought alone after texting their class for help. 

"I thought you were reporting the incident! You were asking for help?!" Kacchan sparked his hands and Izuku could hear the crackle over the phone and a string of curses. "I knew I wanted to help, I was pissed you were in it and I couldn't get there. I knew Glasses was there too! Fuck!" 

"It's alright Kacchan." Izuku soothed. "Todoroki was in the area and got there quickly." 

"Fucking Half and Half came to your rescue." Kacchan said calmly. And Izuku was worried about that calmness. 

"He did, together all three of us beat him." Izuku said, he needed to change the subject. "Kacchan, something happened while I was in that fight." 

"Besides fucking your body up because you pushed yourself?!" Kacchan snapped, Izuku sighed, he deserved that. 

"Yeah, when I was pinned down by Stain's quirk, I unlocked something through the werewolf quirk." Izuku explained. "I've spoken to Dr. Mitsu here at the hospital. But he has no idea about it. Lycan has never mentioned something like this before, only what his mating link was like. And that was all in line with what I felt from ours." 

"Speed it up nerd." 

"I forged a pack bond with Todoroki and Iida." Izuku said simply. 

"A pack bond?" Kacchan asked. "Is it like the way I can hear and smell better? Like how you know if I'm close by?" 

"Yes, and no." Izuku scratched his head. "I felt their emotional state. And I could project emotion back to them. In the fight, I was able to coordinate with them perfectly. I think they might have unknowingly done so too. It wasn't until I accepted them into the pack that they felt it too." 

"Well fucking shit." Kacchan cursed. "You can feel them?" 

"It was overwhelming." Izuku said and ran his hand down his face. "But it was so warm Kacchan. Pack and safety. Only I wasn't getting that feeling, I was giving it." 

"Must be an Alpha wolf thing." Kacchan huffed. "Just don't use it in class. That's the deal, you don't get to help them get one up on me." 

"Of course not." Izuku snorted indignantly. "Pack stuff only applies outside of class." 

"Good." 

Izuku took a second to breathe and his mate seemed to be doing the same thing. "Hey," Kacchan started. "If you thought I'd be pissed, I am. But I get it, you had to help. Why didn't they say you guys were involved?" 

"Because we aren't licensed it could ruin our chances of being heroes." Izuku explained. "The police chief covered up our involvement and Endeavor took the credit." 

"Bet IcyHot wasn't happy about that." Kacchan chuckled. 

"No, but he went back today to go see if his dad was feeling any shame at taking credit for his son's work." Izuku shook his head. "Todoroki's actually very funny." 

"Can't see it, he's a shitty bastard." Kacchan snorted. "What position did you give him?" 

"Beta." Izuku answered. His mate grumbled and started to argue a few times only to stop with a curse. 

"He came when you needed him. Whatever." Kacchan clearly didn't like it but he was dealing with it. That was good enough for Izuku. "You kept a lot of shit hidden for two fucking days." 

"Sorry," Izuku apologized. 

"Apologize properly." Kacchan sneered through the receiver. "Send me a dick pic." 

He felt a smile work over his face at the demand. "How about I do one better?" Izuku dropped his phone down and activated the video call. Within moments his mate's face was there, looking as irritated and handsome as always. "That bad of a day Kacchan?" 

"This week has been hell." Kacchan screwed up his face in a mask of unbridled rage. "When I graduate, I'm punching this asshole in the face." 

Izuku smirked and slipped his hand down his pants to drag them down his thighs. He needed to make his mate feel better even if they weren't in the same city. It didn't take long; his mate was right there, and he bit his lip. 

"You've got a good look on your face, Izuku." Katsuki growled, and his expression morphed into one of smug satisfaction. "Miss me?" 

"More than you know." Izuku breathed as he rubbed himself to full hardness. "Can't wait to come home to you." 

"Hmm, gonna be a long day when we get home." Katsuki huffed and the camera changed to show his mate's cock in the frame. The ash blond hair that framed it would smell deeply of his mate. That hand was intimately familiar. Izuku switched his camera over and Katsuki groaned when it showed his own cock. 

"Katsuki, I really miss you." Izuku breathed as his mind swam with the heady rush of desire. It may be over the phone, and not nearly enough, but it was still his mate. 

"Wanna touch you Izuku." Kacchan's hand stroked his length tantalizingly. He sounded needy. "Wanna lick you open again, nice and slow." 

It was Izuku's turn to moan. His mind took him back to the mind-numbing pleasure Katsuki had given him in the wake of their bet. It had been so intimate and hot he'd been reduced to a boneless mess waiting for his mate's fingers. For more. "Katsuki." 

"That's right Izu, think about it, imagine me there now." Katsuki rumbled through the phone. "I want to be in you. Nothing is fucking right unless I'm balls deep in you." 

"Ungh, Katsuki," Izuku thrust into his hand as the fire in his cock intensified. "Shit," 

"Fuck Izuku, curse again." Katsuki panted into the phone and he did his best to match the brutal pace Katsuki had on his erection. Claws sprouted and Izuku sucked in a breath. "You look so good like that. Claws out and wild." 

"Only for you Katsuki." Izuku panted, "Fuck." 

"You want me Izu?" Katsuki asked hurriedly. 

"I always want you." Izuku admitted as he bit his lip and groaned as he thumbed the tip of his cock. He thrust back up and tightened his grip on his shaft. Katsuki was pumping his fist faster. His groans coming faster. "Never gonna have enough of you." 

"Fuck goddammit Izuku. So fucking hot." Katsuki groaned and Izuku watched as his mate's hand was tightening and his hips jutted up once before he came. White ropes of cum spraying up through his fingers. It was so unnecessarily erotic he growled deeply and stripped his cock faster. "Come on Izuku, come on." 

Izuku tossed his head back as his spine arched and he imagined his mate beneath him, as ruined and debauched as Izuku found himself. He came with a ragged groan. "There you go, so fucking pretty like that." 

"Pretty?" Izuku panted. 

"Yeah, pretty, all for me." Katsuki chuckled over the phone. Izuku switched the camera back over and his mate did the same. "See, looking even prettier all flushed from jerking it." 

"Kacchan." Izuku whined and his mate smirked. 

"Deku." His mate challenged. Clearly he was in a good mood now, that was nice. "I gotta get off here. Fucking Jeanist is gonna want to fuck with my hair in the morning." 

"What?" Izuku asked with a weird smile of curiosity on him.

"Don't fucking ask." Kacchan sighed tiredly. "Love you nerd." 

"I love you too Kacchan. Try not to blow anyone up." 

"You're asking a lot." Kacchan growled. 

They hung up and Izuku cleaned up before deciding to sleep. He was immensely surprised that Kacchan had brought up potential children in the future. His face flushed at the thought and he rolled over into his sheets. No, he couldn't think about it again, not for a while. His mind would implode thinking about his mate and children. His wolf brain liked the thought immensely.  

*

Notes:

Thank You for the comments everyone.

This episode was short with what I wanted to do with it so I added in smut.

Kind writing a lot of that this week. Lol

Chapter 39: Listen Up! A Tale From The Past

Summary:

internships are over, Izuku and All Might have a serious discussion.

Chapter Text

"I know I wasn't here long but thank you for everything." Izuku looked up at Gran Torino on the last day of the internship. Though he spent half of it in the hospital testing what his arm could do now that it was compromised. One For All was a dangerous quirk, his werewolf healing couldn't keep up at all. 

"I don't think there's any reason for you to thank me." Gran Torino yawned. "I wasn't around when any of the big stuff happened." 

"Sure, but the only reason I was able to stand up against Stain at all was because of our sparring and your wise instruction." Izuku hugged his hero gear case. Gran Torino spun in place and whacked Izuku's ankle with his cane. 

"Ow!" Izuku whined and hopped in place. 

"You survived yes, but only because the Hero Killer let you." Gran Torino admonished gruffly. "Well, at least you learned to channel your power instead of relying on one monster smash. But you did still manage to get a stress fracture in your arm." 

Izuku looked up as the old hero glared and launched into a nagging lecture.  

"I know what happened too!" Gran Torino pointed at his still bandaged arm. "You went well over your limit! I thought we agreed you were only supposed to use five percent! You got too impatient. When that happens you lose focus, and control too. You should always be calm and alert."  

Izuku raised his scarred hand to look at. He remembered what Iida had said about keeping his own injury as a reminder. Izuku worried he'd ruined himself before he ever got the chance to take off. 

"I'm sure you already know this." Gran Torino cut through his contemplation. "But if you're really aiming to be the number one hero like All Might, you've got a heck of a lot to learn boy. So keep at it." 

"Yes Sir!" After everything that happened, Gran Torino hadn't given up on him. That was so important to him. 

"Hmm," Gran Torino nodded and turned. "See you around!" 

"Wait!" Izuku called frantically. The hero turned back to him curiously. "I've...got a question. Please, just one more. I've been wondering for a while, but I've never found a time to ask. But now's not the best time either..."

"Out with it now!" Gran Torino sharply, "I've got pastries to eat." 

Izuku screwed up his courage. "Even though you're really strong, and you trained the number one hero in the world, no one knows you. You should be super famous, but you're not. Is there a reason for that?"

"Oh, that's an easy one." The old man looked off down the street. "I was just never that interested in working as a pro hero."

"What?" Izuku gaped, he wasn't expecting that at all. 

"There was a point in my past when I needed to be able to use my quirk without limits." Gran Torino looked at him seriously. "That's the only reason I got my license. It might be better to hear this from Toshi-, All Might I mean. He can explain everything better than me." 

"Yeah, okay." Izuku felt that maybe he'd touched on a sore subject. 

"That's it kid, keep working hard." Gran Torino smirked at him. 

"Right, thank you sir." Izuku bowed in gratitude. "Bye for now." 

Izuku started his walk towards the station. And he was only a few feet away when Gran Torino's voice rang out. "Hey boy, who are you?"

"Seriously?!" He'd pulled the feeble old man voice on him again?! "Well, I'm Midoriya Izuku." 

"That’s not right." Why was he torturing Izuku? Then it hit him, the code name he'd chosen and not used the entire time he was at this agency. 

"I'm Deku." Izuku said solidly, the name he'd chosen because Kacchan held onto it to remember their past. And his friends saw it as a title to hurdle over. The old man aimed a smirk at him before he waved and walked into the agency. Izuku answered that smile with his own proud look, then he bowed again. He was truly grateful for everything Gran Torino had done for him. 

 


 

"Holy crap, what the heck Bakugou!" Kirishima and Sero were laughing hysterically the moment Kacchan walked into the classroom. 

"Stop laughing." Kacchan bit out, "My hair's gotten used to it, I can't get it to come loose. Did you not hear me, I'll kill you both." 

"I'd like to see you try, pretty boy!" Sero exclaimed. 

"What did you call me?!" Kacchan exploded vocally and somehow his hair bounced back into shape. 

"Hey there it goes!" 

Izuku shook his head while he leaned back on a desk to check on Iida, Todoroki joined him immediately. That apparently got the attention of the class. Suddenly the class was talking about how they were in the news as the students that were attacked by the Hero Killer. 

"Glad you guys made it back alive, seriously." Kirishima stopped his horseplay to address them. Even while Kacchan had him by the collar and was treating both of his friends to a beating. Kacchan was so silly. 

"I worried about you too." Yaoyorozu said as she looked to Todoroki as he took his seat. The rest of the class seemed to congregate around them. 

"I heard Endeavor showed up to save you guys." Sato remarked. 

"So cool, just what I'd expect from the number two hero." Tooru cooed.

"Yeah that's right, he saved us." Todoroki sighed looking contemplative with a bit of a disgusted grimace to his face.  Izuku patted his shoulder comfortingly and his Beta relaxed. 

"Did you guys hear the news about the Hero Killer?" Ojiro asked and Izuku looked at him curiously. "Everyone's been saying he was somehow connected to the league of villains. Can you imagine how frightening it would have been if that creep had been there at the USJ?"

"He's scary yeah, but did you see him in that weird video?" Kaminari spoke up. "It's all over the internet." 

"I didn't even know there was a video." Ojiro frowned. 

"Yeah, Stain's a pretty evil villain." Kaminari waved a hand, "But he's super tenacious, he's almost kind of cool don't you guys think?" 

Izuku's growl ripped across the room in an instant. Kacchan looked up at him sharply and dropped the two teens he'd been teaching a lesson. He walked over and cupped the back of his neck to quiet the sound. Iida and Todoroki both reached for his arm and the feel of pack touching him drew back the glow of his eyes and the threat in his growl. 

"Oh sorry!" Kaminari looked extremely contrite over his tactless statement. Izuku looked to his Delta worriedly. 

"No, it's alright." Iida nodded at him, then he looked at his arm then contemplatively. "It is true that he is quite a tenacious villain. I understand why people might think he was cool." 

The pack close by looked to Iida then, and Izuku hoped he was really alright. He rumbled a light growl and Iida smiled faintly.

"But instead of helping the world, his beliefs led him to cold blooded murder. No matter his motives, killing cannot be condoned." Iida said sternly before he threw out his other hand in his signature chop. "To keep anyone else from suffering like me, I vow to become the perfect hero!" 

"Yeah," Izuku encouraged his Delta. "Let's do it." 

"Tch," Kacchan huffed. 

"Everyone, it's time for class to begin. Take your seats!" Iida said loudly and Izuku was just glad he was bouncing back. 

 


 

"I AM HERE!" All Might addressed the class and Katsuki was just glad to be dressed the way he was supposed to. Surrounded by extras who weren't trying to make him into something he wasn't. It was a pretty good day. "Hope you're ready to return to our lessons. Today it's Hero Basic Training. Feels like I haven't seen you in a while! Welcome back!" 

At least he was excited. Katsuki was just ready to blow something up. 

"Now then, listen carefully for what's in store!" All Might looked at them all. "We're going to be conducting a little race. Take everything you've learned from your internships and apply it to your training." 

"If it's rescue training then shouldn't we be at the USJ?" Glasses asked. 

"Ah, that facility specializes in disasters. As I said earlier this is a race." All Might smirked. "So, prepare, you're about to step into field Gamma. Inside is an area filled with factories that form an intricate labyrinth. So good luck finding your way around. You'll be competing in groups of five. Each person starts from a different location on the outskirts of the city. I'll send a distress signal and you do what you must to rescue me. Whoever finds me first wins! Try to keep the property damage to a minimum please." 

He was fucking pointing at him. What the hell? "Why are you pointing at me?" 

"Alright, first group get to your places!" All Might ordered. Deku was up first, and Katsuki was interested to see what his boyfriend had learned. Somehow he'd figured out how to use his quirk without destroying himself entirely. So that was progress. 

"Iida's still hurt right?" Bolt Head asked. "He should sit this out right?"

"This group has high mobility." Shitty Hair remarked. 

"Huh, I'd say Midoriya is at a heavy disadvantage against those four." Big Hair said as she sat down. 

"That's what I think." Long Ears agreed. "Moving around that high up isn't one of his strong suits." 

"And every time he uses his power he gets badly injured." The other girl replied. 

"Who's your pick I'm betting on Sero." Shitty Hair turned to Bolt Head.

"Oh yeah? I got odds on Ojiro." 

"I choose Ashido, cause she's got a super athletic bod!" Pervert Grape exclaimed. 

"I think you're all fucking wrong." Kacchan growled, Deku may be big, and lumbering. Built for long distance rather than quick speed. But he was still a wolf, and wolves were masters at hunting and tracking. "Don't look down on Deku." 

"Even though he's recovering, I think Iida's got this one." Round Face said. 

"Is everyone ready?!" All Might spoke over the intercom. "Begin!" 

On the surveillance camera's Deku morphed into his werewolf body and a flash of green lightening rushed over his fur. It faded and a strange glow seemed to burn from within him.

"Whoa look at them go!" Shitty Hair exclaimed, no one was paying attention to his mate. All eyes were on Tape Arms. "In a maze like this it makes sense to be above everything else!" 

"So that means Sero's at an advantage because he can take to the sky." Shoji rumbled. 

Katsuki smirked when he saw his boyfriend surge past that fucking Tape Armed shit. Whatever that glow was, it was helping him control the strength in his werewolf body. His partner started to hop over pipes and rush across the high skyline.

The shock around him burned a feeling of pride into Katsuki's chest. That was his boyfriend, his mate. Finally fighting to stand beside him, to challenge him effectively. Katsuki was going to want to fight his mate like this.

That was when he noticed the change in his mate's movement's. Sure he was in his werewolf body, so it looked feral, and ferocious. But it was Katsuki's moves the werewolf was using. The same ones he'd used to propel himself in the air. His mate was copying him. Katsuki was so turned on, but he was also pissed. 

Clearly the training week had benefitted his boyfriend exponentially. What had Katsuki done when he worked with that jean bastard? He'd done nothing but listen to how his attitude and look didn't make him hero material. How to simper to crowds and further popularity. He was going to fall behind. Dammit!

 


 

It was as exhilarating as it had been the first time Izuku raced over rooftops using Full Cowl. His claws dug in every time he had to make a place to land. But he wasn't falling, and his wolf side bayed with excitement. He would have to run soon under the moon. 

He landed on a roof and used his legs to propel himself on all fours. He just needed to focus and not go over five percent. He wasn't going to hurt himself anymore. He had a way to merge One For All with the Werewolf quirk, and this was safe. This was going to enable him to get stronger. He needed to be stronger to use more of his power.

Stay calm and alert!

He landed on a pipe, and his boot slipped. He looked at the pipe incredulously in betrayal. His arms flashed out and his claws dug in to catch himself. He got back up and scrambled back on course. He followed his nose and found All Might, he raced forward and made it to the tower the hero stood on, literally a second after Sero used his tape to pull himself there. 

"And it's over!" All Might exclaimed. "Thanks hero! And Congratulations!" 

He held out a sash but Izuku just laid down on the ground in irritation. Calm and alert! How hard was that to do?!

"Midoriya," Iida touched his shoulder gently. "You're okay right?"

Izuku looked to his packmate and the glasses clad teen smiled comfortingly. He needed to remember that unstable footing was something he needed to pay attention to as well. "Young Sero may have come in first. But compared to the start of the year you've all shown incredible improvements. Keep working and prepare for your final exams." 

"Sir!" They all responded. 

"Group One leave the area, you're up Group Two!" All Might ordered. Izuku got to his feet still chastising himself for his blunder when he noticed All Might had walked to him.  "You surprised me. That was incredible." 

He flashed a thumbs up to Izuku and lower than anyone without werewolf hearing could pick up he spoke again. "Find me after class, we have to talk." 

"Yes sir," Izuku breathed. 

"The time has come for me to tell you the whole truth. About me, and One For All." 

In the locker room Izuku ignored the chatter going on around him. His mind was too focused on what All Might wanted. He sounded so intense. 

"Hey, Midoriya!" Mineta drew his attention down. "You won't believe what I just found."

Izuku looked to the short boy who was waving him over. "The jackpot!" Mineta hissed excitedly. "Someone drilled a hole in this wall. The previous generation has given us a gift! You know what's next door right, the girls locker room!"

"You know I'm gay right?" Izuku frowned and tilted his head in confusion. "The only naked person I want to see is over there." 

"Damn right!" Kacchan snorted from down the aisle. 

"Don't you even think about it!" Iida hustled over with a disciplinary air about him. "Peeping on them like that would be criminal!" 

"Then you'll have to throw me into isolation because you can't stop me!" Mineta challenged and ripped the poster off the wall and revealed the drilled hole. Izuku shook his head as his mate walked over to watch the show.

"I wanna see Yaoyorozu's curves! Ashido's slender waist! Hagakure's floating underwear! Uraraka's supersized body! Asui's unexpectedly soft boobies!" Through Mineta's hysteria as he looked through the hole an ear jack poked through and jabbed him right in the eye. He screamed horrifically and Kacchan burst out laughing. 

"Huh," Izuku tilted his head, "I wasn't expecting Jirou to react. What a brutal surprise attack from next door."

His mate was losing it as he laughed, he dragged his shirt on and swatted Izuku on the ass before he sauntered off to finish getting dressed. Izuku shook his head and left his Delta to discipline their unruly pervert classmate. The retaliation seemed to have scared off any other attempts to look by the others. 

 


 

It was after school when Izuku kissed his mate goodbye and left to find All Might in the lounge he usually frequented. He needed to also turn in the paperwork Aizawa-Sensei had given him. He figured the school grounds were the safest place for them to run on the full moon, so he'd filled out the required paperwork to gather his whole pack together for the event. But he first needed to take care of the business with All Might.  

 He entered the lounge after announcing himself. His mentor was in his baggy yellow suit and looked gravely at the floor. "Come have a seat." Izuku was worried by how different he sounded. "You went through a lot lately, I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you." 

"Oh no, you don't need to apologize for that." No, Izuku didn't want his mentor to blame himself for that incident happening. No one knew Stain was in Hosu. No one knew the Nomu were going to be there either. "More importantly, you mentioned One For All earlier." 

"I heard that the Hero Killer swallowed your blood in the attack." All Might looked up. 

"Yeah, his quirk let him paralyze someone after tasting their blood." Izuku explained and tilted his head. "Is that what this is about?" 

"Do you remember how I gave my power to you?" All might asked and Izuku flashed back to biting his mentor on the beach. "What I said?"

"That I needed to ingest your DNA to get One For All from you." Izuku remembered, then his mind screeched to a halt with dawning horror. "Ah holy crap! Don't tell me the Hero Killer has One For All now?!" 

"No!" All Might looked up at him during his outburst. "I just thought you might be worried about that. But I see, it didn't even cross your mind." 

It didn't! What was wrong with him?! Why didn't he remember that at all?!

"One For All can only be given if you, the bearer, intend to pass it along." All Might informed and Izuku breathed out in relief. "It's not something that can be taken by force, although it can be transferred by force." 

Izuku closed his eyes as he remembered the way Lycan had savaged him and his father. It seemed the ability to force quirks like theirs on people was a dangerous concept. Werewolf quirks running rampant was his personal nightmare. But the idea that One For All could go to someone who would use it for evil. Or even kill themselves trying to use it was a new fear. 

"The quirk I gave you is unique, but you should know it's origins." All Might said and looked at him gravely. "One For All was derived from another odd quirk. A power that was very old."

"It used to be something different?" Izuku asked, he remembered that it was like a baton pass. Stockpiling power all the way down to him. When he passed it on something of his werewolf quirk might go with it. 

"The name of that quirk is All For One," All Might stated, "It allowed it's user to take quirks from others. The user could keep the quirks for himself or give them up to someone else. "

"What?" Izuku frowned, sure his quirk was infectious. Passed on from the secretions of the gland under his tongue. It was a virus that burrowed into the DNA of the person it was bestowed upon mutating the genes entirely. And One For All worked in a similar way. But to take a quirk... "You mean it could steal powers?" 

"This was back when quirks were first starting to show up. Before society knew how to deal with the newly powered among the world." All Might explained. "When quirks appeared, suddenly it was impossible to say what it meant to be a normal person. Laws and human rights were hotly debated. Civilization's progress stalled. Society decayed. "

"If superpowers hadn't appeared, then humans would be taking interstellar holidays at this point." Izuku looked out the window. "I remember hearing that from someone famous."

"Right," All Might looked down. "During that chaotic period of change, there was one man who managed to rally people together. He went by the name of his power, All For One. He stole quirks from others, then with his overwhelming abilities he spread his influence over the entire country. He manipulated people to serve his purposes, committing evil acts with little resistance. In the blink of an eye he became the leader of the villains that ruled over Japan." 

"There's plenty of rumors about this online sure." Izuku's claws gripped his knees. "But isn't that all just made up? It's not mentioned in our textbooks."

"It's the kind of shameful history people would rather forget about." All Might shook his head. "Anyway when someone gains true power they enjoy showing it off to others." 

"How does this all tie together?" Izuku asked, "And what about One For All?"

"I said that All For One could give quirks to others remember?" All Might's eyes glowed, "He made people trust him, or submit to his will by altering their abilities. Apparently there were many poor souls who couldn't bear the burden of the quirks they were given. They became like mindless living dolls that were incapable of speaking. Just like the Nomu's are" 

Izuku's eyes widened in shock, the Nomu's?

"Meanwhile some quirks actually evolved as they were passed on. Some even combined with other powersets" All Might explained and sighed. "This evil man had a quirkless younger brother. He was small and sickly, but he had a strong sense of justice. They couldn't have been more different. The pain the brother received from All For One's deeds was relentless, but he kept resisting.

"And then All For One transferred a quirk to his sibling, one that would allow him to stockpile power." All Might looked back up at him. "We don't know if it was a gift he was giving his brother, or he just wanted to force him submit." 

"Don’t tell me-," Izuku frowned. 

"Yes, even though everyone thought he was quirkless; it turned out the brother did have a quirk. Though even he hadn't realized this to be the case. He had a useless power that only allowed him to pass on quirks." All Might flung his arms out wide. "And so the stockpiling ability merged with the younger brothers power. And that is how One For All came to be." 

Izuku was shocked, that such a history was buried deep in this quirk. He had no idea that it was linked to such a sordid past. 

"I've always found it ironic that justice so often spawns from evil." All Might shook his head. 

"Wait hold on." Izuku wanted to be sure he understood every time. "I understand how One For All came about now. But that bad guy must be long dead by this point. So why are you bringing him up?" 

"Someone who steals quirks has no limits," All Might looked at him gravely. "Anything is possible. There are quirks that halt aging, he probably has something like that. The symbol of evil seemed pretty much immortal. The state of the world at that time had a huge difference in their combat abilities. The younger brother decided to entrust this quirk to future generations. Even though he couldn't defeat All For One, he hoped One For All would continue to grow in power until it was strong enough to stop his older brother. 

"Eventually it was my turn. And I managed to defeat All For One." All Might looked away with irritation in his gaze. "At least that's what I thought. But he survived. And he's now back in action as the brains behind the league of villains."

Izuku's mentor got up and walked to the window to look at the afternoon sky as it began to grow orange with the setting sun. "Now you know, the entire purpose of One For All is to defeat All For One. As its holder, you may one day have to fight against this great evil yourself. Because I failed. I know you didn't expect this but-"

"I'll do my best." Izuku cut in, this was so much more than living up to All Might's legacy. This was living up to One For All's legacy. A duty to stand against a villain who could shake the world to its core. This was as righteous as showing the world that the werewolf quirk didn't have to be used for murder. A purpose was what he'd sought all this time. To be the kind of hero his father would be proud of. "I'll do whatever you ask, no matter what it might take. As long as you're with me I can do anything. I know you'll have my back." 

Izuku frowned as he saw All Might cup his jaw and close his eyes. What was wrong? "Thank you." 

Izuku nodded and walked over to his pack mate, he changed shape for just a second and rubbed his scent along his mentor's hair. He got an affectionate nuzzle back and sank back into his human form. He nodded to his mentor, "Don't worry All Might, I'll take on this duty."

*

Chapter 40: Full Moon Gathering

Summary:

The Pack gets together for a full moon run on the UA grounds.

Notes:

Here's a fun interlude chapter of the full moon.

Also thank you for the comments everyone.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku smiled when he finished compiling texts to his pack. Human and Wolf, though he knew Kacchan's parents had to work. That was alright. He shifted in bed and Kacchan's arm wound back around him. "Back to sleep Deku, 's too early." 

"Hmm, it's the full moon Kacchan, and I have a lot of preparing to do." Izuku chuckled. "Mom is cooking, and I'm gonna help." 

"No," Kacchan grumbled and pressed a wet kiss to the mark on his neck. Izuku instantly went boneless. 

"That's cheating Kacchan." Izuku panted and glared at his mate's closet. 

"Nope, got you right where I fucking want you." Kacchan tugged him further into the bed and Izuku flushed. He rotated his hips back into his mate's, two could play this game. He had more energy than his mate did, that gave him an advantage. 

Izuku had been careful since their relationship began, and even more so when sex got introduced. He didn't want his heightened strength to hurt his mate. But Kacchan was being stubborn, and Izuku figured if he pushed it he could win. 

Izuku turned in his mate's arms and looked down into hazy red eyes. Unbelievable, half asleep and the hot head was trying to proposition him. "You know Kacchan, you should have tried for this when you were more awake." 

"Hah?" Kacchan growled but Izuku rocked up and rolled his mate. He grabbed those dangerous hands and pressed them up into the pillows. "The fuck, Izuku."

"Hmm, you asked for it." Izuku leaned forward and bit down on his mate's mark. Katsuki arched under him and it was an empowering feeling. He growled and Katsuki hissed. 

"Fuck, get on with it." Katsuki lifted his hips and pressed what was obviously an erection into Izuku's stomach. 

"You gonna stay put?" Izuku asked. "Because I'll put you back."

Their gazes locked and Izuku glared seriously, he wanted to be careful, but he knew he wouldn't be able to let his mate take charge. He needed Katsuki to agree though. He'd never do anything his mate didn't want. 

"Come on." Katsuki urged. "I won't fucking move until you tell me to." 

Izuku smirked and leaned down to press their mouths together. Tongues tangling and delving deep. He inhaled the nitroglycerin smell of his mate and growled. He pulled back to lick across his mate's neck. The taste of his sweat and skin suffused Izuku with heat and hunger. 

Izuku trailed his fingers down his mate's arms. Tracing every dip and curve of muscle. He knew his eyes had started to glow. His claws ran across Katsuki's chest and abs. Hooking his fingers into the shorts that covered his mate, he dragged them down. Izuku slipped down the bed and took the exposed cock into his mouth. 

Katsuki arched up and Izuku fit his fingers to his mate's hips. He smelled the best here, like natural musk and explosions. Izuku sucked and the taste of his mate made him a little lightheaded. He looked up to see Katsuki had grabbed the rungs of the bed frame. He tipped his head up and messy ash blond hair hung heavily around crimson eyes. "Fuck, Izuku." 

Izuku hummed and pulled up to reach for his mate's bedside table. He found the lube and leaned back down to nose his boyfriend's cock. Katsuki hissed in response and Izuku smiled at him sharply. He thought he understood how Kacchan felt being on top. It was powerful and intoxicating. 

Izuku lubed up his fingers as he licked the big vein on the underside of his mate's cock. Katsuki arched and Izuku forced his hand to revert to human. He used his other hand to position his mate's legs where he wanted them. He'd thought about this a hundred times, and the burning instinct to claim was strong. But Izuku was going to be careful. 

He slipped a finger past the tight ring of his mate's ass. Katsuki predictably tensed up and Izuku halted. He discovered there was one thing that could cut through the irritation and attitude that ruled him once his full moon days began. And that was taking care of his mate. 

"Relax Katsuki." Izuku pulled off of his mate's cock and pressed kisses to Katsuki's naval and trailed his tongue over sharp hips. 

"Izu..." Katsuki inhaled and looked down. "Fuck." 

"Just breathe." Izuku smirked and pushed his finger further, watching the widening of blood red eyes before he threw his head back. 

"Fucking move it, Deku." Katsuki growled and glared. Izuku looked down and crooked his finger sharply and enjoyed the hiss he got. 

"Is that any way to ask for something, mate of mine?" Izuku asked as he arched a brow and Katsuki swallowed thickly. 

"Please." Katsuki bit out and Izuku smiled politely. 

"That's better," Izuku tilted his head and nipped his mate's thigh before he drew his finger out and pushed back. Slow and purposeful, as he'd always dreamed he would. His mate squirmed but remained as he was, hands still locked on the bed frame. 

He added a second finger and Katsuki groaned loudly. Izuku flicked his eyes to see his mate had screwed his eyes shut. His embarrassed red face was tilted into his raised arm. Katsuki looked delectable. 'Mine'

Izuku barely waited after he stretched his fingers a few times before he added a third. He started to compare the noises Katsuki was making with the one's he uttered when he was balls deep in Izuku. "Izuku, shit, Izuku...!" 

Izuku looked at his mate's frantic gaze and bent his fingers against the little bump of nerves he could feel. The dark smile he felt stretch over his fangs was as satisfying as it was hungry. Izuku slipped his fingers free and flipped his mate onto his stomach. 

"Izuku?" Katsuki growled. 

"I've got you Katsuki." Izuku stepped off the bed to kick his own shorts off. His claws were back, and he felt fur flow down his arms and shoulders. It stopped there, like it did before he had full control over his transformation on the full moon. "You need to tell me if I need to stop." 

"As fucking if." Katsuki swore and Izuku retrieved the lube to swipe over his leaking cock. He wiped more over the twitching hole his mate was presenting to him.

Izuku gripped his mate's hips and lined himself up. He bit his lip and eased in. Hot wet heat burned over him and he growled deep and guttural. One clawed hand slipped up his mate's lower back and the other stayed wrapped around a toned hip. He needed to stay like this, his quirk gland was in his mouth and he didn't want to turn his mate without ever talking about it. 

Izuku bottomed out and the loud groan they both let out lifted the hair at the nape of Izuku's neck. "Katsuki..." Izuku moaned. "Mine, my mate." 

"Yeah," Katsuki gritted out on a moan and shifted. "Yours." 

 


 

It was the single most pleasurable feeling Katsuki had ever felt. His face was planted in the pillows and his hands clutched the sheets. He knew being inside his boyfriend was the best thing he'd ever experienced. But this... this was something else.

Claw tips dug into his back and his hip. The grip tight and unforgiving. He wouldn't be able to move, just stay where he was and take whatever the werewolf would dish out. It was a new feeling. One Katsuki surprisingly liked. 

"Katsuki..." Izuku moaned behind him. His hips shifting with how snug they were against Katsuki's ass. "Mine, my mate." 

"Yeah, yours." That had never felt more true than at this moment. He fought not to ignite his fists. He didn't need a fire when he was about to fucking cum. "Izuku...please."

His boyfriend shuddered and heaved a breath. Then he drew back, and it felt like Katsuki was losing the best part of him. Then he was speared again, his prostate flaring with white hot pleasure. Katsuki shouted and clawed the sheets. 

The werewolf set a blistering pace with the way he thrust into Katsuki. His prostate was hit each time his boyfriend sheathed his cock. Katsuki groaned and shifted his hips, seeking friction on his cock. He couldn't fucking move. The palm spread across his back was a weight that kept him in place. He was desperate, his mind totally gone on the search for release. 

Katsuki forced one of his hands to let go of the bed and fisted his cock. Izuku growled in response and his pumping hips picked up speed. Katsuki sucked in a gasping breath as the feel of his fingers on his cock did nothing to abate the burn of desire. He couldn't thrust into his hand, but he could still jack himself fast and tight. 

He came embarrassingly quick after that, and Izuku snarled like an animal behind him. His hips slammed harder and the bed jarred. Electric pleasure raced along his spine. Katsuki bit back the shout of ecstasy that crawled up his throat. Then Izuku stilled and a splash of warmth filled him. The werewolf gripped both of his hips and ground himself into Katsuki. 

He heaved for breath and tilted his head to see Izuku's chin tilted back, tendons straining in his neck as he sucked in air. His muscles glistened with sweat and Katsuki shivered.

"I fucking love you." Katsuki rasped from his raw throat.

"I love you too Kacchan." Izuku bent forward and rubbed his nose through Katsuki's hair. "Can I go help my mom now?" 

"Yeah, get out." Katsuki wanted to sleep again. Getting his ass fucked to hell and back was tiring.

"Mine?" A kiss fell on his shoulder and Izuku nosed his cheek.

"Yours, nerd." 

 


 

Izuku stretched as he looked over the spread of food on tables outside the scoop building. Kacchan sipped from a bottle of water and picked at a plate Izuku's mom had forced on him. He nodded as he watched his mother fuss over his mate. 

"Deku!" He turned to see Uraraka waving from where she was walking up from the side of the school campus building. Iida, Todoroki, and Tokoyami walked behind her. He grinned as he waved at them. 

"Hey! Thanks for coming!" Izuku called. 

"Midoriya, you plan to run here for the full moon?" Tokoyami asked with a head tilt. 

"Yeah! It's my first time with a pack." Izuku grinned. "Usually Kacchan just keeps me contained to the beach." 

Kacchan grunted and stood up to walk over. "Auntie, the extras; extras, Auntie." 

"Oh Katsuki." Izuku's mother walked over frantically. She shook her head fondly, "I'm Midoriya Inko, thank you all for taking care of my Izuku." 

"Mom." Izuku grumbled. "This is Uraraka Ochako, one of the packs Delta's. And the other Delta, Iida Tenya." 

Izuku's mother shook both their hands with a warm smile. "Our pack is in your hands." 

"What is it Delta's do?" Uraraka asked curiously. 

"I was curious myself." Iida scratched his neck. 

"Third in rank." Katsuki huffed and crossed his arms. "Just behind the Beta's, they are in charge of stability." 

"Stability?" Iida's eyes glinted in apparent pleasure. 

"Yes, Delta's are peacekeepers within the pack. We often miscommunicate, you two can read behind the lines. And Iida ran for help during the USJ." Izuku said with a grin. "My mom and Kacchan's parents are Gammas, the elders." 

"Shitty Hair hasn't been asked yet, but he's my Beta."  Kacchan looked away. "Next time maybe." 

"Todoroki is my Beta. Second in command." Izuku smiled at the teen who just shrugged. "And Tokoyami, you are Lambda, hunter." 

"Hmm." The dark teen nodded and Izuku waved at the food. 

"Feel free to eat, you can run with us, but you don't have to. I just want to create the safest energy possible before the moon rises." Izuku explained. He tilted his head and saw All Might walking up in his smaller form. 

"Oh Yagi-San!" Inko called with a wave. "I'm glad you could make it!" 

"Oh, uh, glad to be here!" All Might scratched his neck sheepishly. "Hello children." 

"A- uh... Yagi-San!" Izuku bit his lip in irritation at his almost slip up. "I was just welcoming the pack together. I wanted to offer you a position as Zeta, a war teacher." 

"War teacher?" All Might asked.

"You trained me before the entrance exam." Izuku felt his eyes glow and All Might nodded. 

"Oh, well, I accept!" He pumped a fist. "Midoriya-San, is that your cooking?" 

"Yes, please eat some but save the rest for after your transformation. Izuku is always hungry after he transforms." Inko smiled. Izuku tore his eyes away from All Might to see the last two confirmed members to join him. Aizawa-Sensei and Present Mic-Sensei. 

"Sensei!" Uraraka gaped. "You're part of the pack?!" 

"Hmm," He huffed and looked to Izuku. "Brought everyone did you?" 

"This is to make sure you and Yagi-San make the transition safely. Last time you were too injured to lose control." Izuku tipped his head back and his inner wolf looked through his eyes inviting the challenge. "Everyone is here to help you two change." 

"You think he'll lose control?" Present Mic asked worriedly. 

"I did my first few times. Kacchan is very good at subduing me." Izuku crossed his arms as he looked to the sky and it's darkening state. "Aizawa-Sensei, I want to offer you the position of Zeta as well. You lead us and fought for the entire class." 

"Zeta?" Aizawa-Sensei looked at Present Mic then he nodded. "Alright then." 

"Alright everyone, I need all able-bodied pack members to be ready, Principal Nedzu said he would engage the perimeter to ensure we won't get out." Izuku informed nervously. "I'll change first to be ready to help. If you lose control I'll assert my dominance, I won't let anyone get hurt, not even you if you lose control." 

Izuku stepped back and looked to see there was a few minutes until the moon would rise. He turned to Kacchan who grabbed his face and pressed a deep kiss to his lips. Izuku was released and teetered dazedly. "I got you." 

"Thank you Kacchan." Izuku smiled. He looked to his friends who watched him with interest. He hadn't done this in front of them before. Frankly this late on the full moon, he couldn't ignore the itch under his skin anymore. He pulled his shirt off and unbuckled his pants. He dropped them and slipped his boxers off. His change was on him before he could even hope to be modest. 

Izuku stood panting and shaking by the end of it. But when he was done Kacchan was running his hands over his fur and across his head. He looked up into red eyes and leaned in to lick over his mate's neck and shoulder. Kacchan stepped back and waved everyone except their wolves forward. "He's gotta scent you so you're part of the pack, whether you run or not." 

Izuku's mother was first and she smelled of sweets and warmth. She hummed and hugged him around his neck before she stepped back. Uraraka and Iida followed next excitedly. Izuku breathed in bubblegum and ozone, then engine oil. He rubbed himself along them. Todoroki followed with the scent of winter and fire; she was a subdued confident figure. Tokoyami supplied a smell of feathers and grains. Pack. 

He stepped back to see the delight on their faces before he turned to Present Mic. He hadn't actively decided a role for him, but he felt the hero was very important as Aizawa-Sensei's best friend. Izuku padded forward and dipped his head. Present Mic released his directional speaker and sat it on the ground. Izuku stepped forward and before his homeroom teacher could growl deep enough to be a threat his own ripped into the air.

"Shouta, it's okay." Present Mic laughed. Izuku rubbed his jaw and the scent of pack over the English teacher. Coconuts and Leather. 

he shook himself to infuse the scent through his fur. He turned to meet his mate's gaze and sat down sternly. He would wait and watch his pack. All Might was first, nearly falling into the transformation as if it was torn from him. He shook himself from his clothing as he changed. And when he was done he was left panting and shaking. Izuku padded over and nosed at the sore side he knew his teacher was still dealing with. 

All Might huffed and tossed his golden head back. Izuku took the offered neck in his teeth for a moment. Then he ran his sides along his mentor. He was still rangy and thin for a werewolf. But he was here, and he had control.

Izuku flicked his ears and tilted his jaw to his mate. "Alright, everyone come share scent with blondie, then go eat." 

Izuku watched his mother run her fingers through All Might's fur and he tipped his head up to her with a wagging tail. She was always so gentle with Izuku as well. He was happy she was here to keep them all calm.

When he turned around Present Mic was lifting the capture weapon off of Aizawa-Sensei. His teacher was pulling his belt off and kicking his shoes off. Aizawa-Sensei lurched forward and growled. His body moved slower into the wolf body, but he made it seamlessly. His bright iridescent red eyes were wide as he panted.

Izuku padded forward and growled inquiringly. The vicious growl that came from his teacher raised Izuku's hackles. He stepped forward sternly.

"Shouta, relax, this is your student." Present Mic said. 

But it wasn't Aizawa-Sensei looking up right now, it was the wolf inside. Izuku bared his teeth. His crouched to spring forward. That was when Izuku lunged in. He was bigger than both of his wolves. And that bulk helped him when they started to scrabble at each other. Claws and teeth snapping. 

"Hey what the fuck?!" Kacchan snarled. As he placed himself between them and everyone else. "Cut it the fuck out!" 

An explosion lit the night but Izuku couldn't stop. His wolf would accept nothing but submission here. The safety of everyone depended on it. At least until his teachers could do it safely themselves.

Aizawa-Sensei fell limp all at once, awareness returning to his gaze. Izuku snarled and glared until the other wolf's black furred neck was bared. He clamped his teeth onto his teacher's throat. He growled and his teacher whined. 

It was done.

Izuku let go and stepped back. His teacher rolled to his feet and whined. They rubbed along each other; all was forgiven. Izuku yipped to get everyone over to do the same for their teacher.

They were talking as the moon continued to rise. Iuzku couldn't hear them over the rush in his ears. It was time to run, he growled and stalked over to the table to devour the bowl of katsudon his mother laid out for him. Layered with the spicy rice and the cookies he loved. 

Izuku ate ravenously and stepped back to look at his pack. "I'm staying to watch over your mom." Kacchan said from his side. "You take anyone who wants to and run. Let them feel it." 

Izuku licked his mate's hand and padded out to the center of the group. He tipped his head back and howled. It was loud, echoing, and a call to his pack. Iida and Todoroki jogged to him. He hadn't known pack bond would respond to his. He nodded; they would love it. All Might settled next to the teens. Aizawa-Sensei broke away from Present Mic and a bowl of food to take his place next to All Might. 

When Izuku howled again both wolves echoed it. Izuku tore into the woods and they were at his side instantly. All of them racing through the trees and moving fluidly. They may only be able to circle the grounds a few times, but it was enough. Izuku felt his inner wolf bay with relief. This was perfection. 

He threw his head back and howled as he ran. It was joyous and was joined by two more. Todoroki and Iida were laughing as they dodged roots and trees. Izuku lunged through the dark and clipped Aizawa-Sensei. The dark wolf growled but tore off after his heels. All Might yipped and dogged them both as they raced and made the night their own. It was everything Izuku had never allowed himself to dream for.  

 


 

Shouta had worried he'd lose control the moment he felt the full moon for the second time. And he was right. The wolf took over and even challenged his student. He thanked his problem child for having dealt with this for so long he was used to it. Midoriya had put Shouta's wolf in its place. 

He smelled home on his fur, but it was the Coconut and Leather he was focused on. It helped his human mind gain control. He was going to merge with this wolf part of him, if it was the last thing he did. Shouta wasn't a slave to instinct. 

Running like this was exhilarating, he could just let go and not be a teacher. As the ground was torn up under his paws, a feeling of playful light burned through him. He tussled with Yagi and Midoriya and it wasn't a fight this time. It gave him a sense of belonging he had only ever felt with Hizashi. The night wore on before he padded out of the game to seek his mate. 

Hizashi was sitting on a blanket with the other students. Green eyes flicked to him and Shouta padded to him to flop on the ground. He laid his head on his best friend's lap and rumbled appreciatively when his ears were pulled and stroked. 

He smelled something else on his mate, something that suddenly snapped his wolf and human minds together. Lavender and Linen. Bedtime and sleeping. That's right, they had that meeting with Shinsou earlier. Shouta looked up at his mate. Hizashi looked at him curiously, "You alright buddy?" 

He was more than alright; he had finally come to agreement with the beast inside him. And it was no longer a separate entity, they were one. And they agreed. Shinsou and Hizashi belonged to them. There was no reason to fight when protecting them meant everything. Shouta had come to a decision regarding the boy who had pretty much lived his life. Shinsou Hitoshi. 

 


 

Midoriya Inko was so pretty and soft. Toshinori was a far cry from tired, his energy was almost boundless on the full moon. It felt like he was back to himself. With it came a confidence he otherwise might have disregarded. 

Toshinori padded from the woods as his Alpha and pack mates did. Many of them were reclining on picnic blankets. She smiled when she saw him and held out a plate of dumplings. He nosed her hand in thanks and ate swiftly. Sweetness and warmth. That was what Midoriya Inko smelled like. 

After all the stress of the past few weeks, sitting at her feet and inhaling her perfect smell was a relief. He looked to where Young Midoriya had taken to romping with Young Bakugou. The other teenagers were wrestling as well. Aizawa had stretched out on Yamada's lap. He wanted to crawl into Midoriya Inko's lap for attention as well. 

He settled for just lying near her. Absently her hand came down and rubbed along his ears. He closed his eyes and rumbled in contentment.

'Mine' His mind said. And when he looked up at her, he knew it might just be true.  

 


 

"Well it's almost time for summer vacation." Aizawa-Sensei announced. It was the next day that the gathered four class. The run had rejuvenated the whole pack. "Don't get too excited. You can't just relax an entire month."

The class tensed up as their teacher sharply looked over their class. "You'll be training, while you're camping in the woods." 

The class erupted with excitement and Izuku winced. 

"A big sleep over!" Ashido exclaimed. 

"Fireworks." Asui hummed. 

"And smores!" Iida chimed in.

"We've been training in cities; these will be very different conditions for most of us." Yaoyorozu was already contemplating it. 

"No matter what the environment, we must always remain vigilant." Tokoyami interjected and nodded at their class vice president. "Yes, very wise."  

"Hanging out with everyone all summer? I'm so excited!" Tooru jumped up and down. 

"However," The stern and reproachful tone of their teacher, combined with his quirk activating silenced everyone. "Those of you who don't pass the final exam this semester, will have to go to summer school." 

"Everyone do your best!" Kirishima exclaimed. 

"This is so stupid." Kacchan grumbled. 

"Oh you girl's better pass this thing!" Mineta exclaimed while grabbing Izuku's shoulder like he was supposed to back him up.

Did he not remember that Izuku was gay? Izuku was very gay. His mate was sitting right in front of him. He wanted everyone to pass but it wasn't like the girls going mattered more than anything else to him like it did Mineta.

Izuku shook his head and started to plan out study sessions. He wasn't the best in class, and he would be competing with Kacchan like he did in middle school. He shared a smirking look with Kacchan. Yeah, they were going to compete again. 

*

Notes:

I think I like the idea of power bottom Katsuki and rough sex Izuku. Expect this going forward. I have ideas, but I've got future dialogue now lol

Chapter 41: Gear Up For Final Exams

Summary:

Preparations for the final exams are underway

Notes:

Thank you everyone for the comments :)

Also if I gave the impression that Katsuki was no longer going to top in bed, I apologize.

I like to think Katsuki would be a power bottom, but he's also a top. Just as Izuku would be a possessive rough top. This is just a new aspect of their relationship as I'm writing it.

Chapter Text

"Alright, that's it for class today." Aizawa-Sensei said from the podium. "There's only one week left until your final exams. I'm sure you're all studying constantly, right?"

Izuku looked across the room to see some of his classmates were looking away from their teacher sheepishly. Aizawa-Sensei sighed as he walked for the door, "Don't forget to keep training. The written exam is only one element. There also the practical portion to worry about. Good luck."

"I've barely even taken notes this semester!" Ashido and Kaminari started to freak out at the same time the moment their teacher was out of the room. Izuku hummed, they were at the bottom of the class rankings.

"With the sports festival and internship, I didn't have time to read a textbook!" Kaminari hung his head in a panic. Ashido stated to laugh at his reaction.

"It's true that we haven't had much free time lately." Tokoyami looked a little nervous himself.

"We barely learned anything when we took our midterms, so they didn't seem all that hard." Sato whined to Koda who was nodding in agreement. “But I'm kinda worried about these. I bet they're hard and they probably won't pull any punches when it comes to testing us."

"As someone ranked in the top ten in not concerned." Mineta crowed haughtily from his seat. Ashido and Kaminari turned on him when they remembered his rank.

"Aww man and I thought you were one of us?!" Ashido pointed with a pout.

"Yeah, don't you know weirdo creeps like you are only likable when you're a little dumb?!" Kaminari whined. "Who's gonna love you now?!"

"Everyone," Mineta smirked. "Trust me."

"Ashido! Kaminari!" Izuku cut into their tirade. He gave them his winning smile to encourage them. There was no use whining about it. "You've still got time to study. That way we can all go to the training camp together!"

"Yes!" Iida joined Izuku in encouraging their classmates. Izuku grinned. "As class president I have high hopes that we'll all make UA proud." 

"It's pretty hard to fail if you just pay attention in class isn't it?" Todoroki gave such a deadpan stare that Kaminari started to sweat. Izuku didn't think the other teen knew Todoroki was teasing though.

"Why do you gotta cut me down like that?!" Kaminari whined. 

"Hey, don't worry about it you two, I can catch you up on the important topics if you want." Yaoyorozu smiled encouragingly. Izuku nodded emphatically, she wasn't number one in their class for nothing. 

"You're the best!" Ashido and Kaminari exclaimed. 

Izuku turned to see if his mate had plans to study. Kirishima was laughing and turned a sly look to Kacchan. "Sounds like I should be studying with her." 

Izuku but his lip to stifle the laugh. Kirishima was 15th in class and Kacchan had beat Izuku out to 3rd. Izuku wanted to study with his mate too, but it was best to let Kacchan get his Beta into the pack.

"You think I don't know enough?!" Kacchan hissed at the jab Kirishima dealt. "I'll beat the lessons into your skull! 

"Hah, I'm counting on it!" Kirishima smirked. Izuku shook his head with a smile. He'd leave them to it. 

 


 

"I'm kind of scared about the practical." Izuku admitted while he dug into his lunch. "I have no idea what it's gonna be."

"It's hard to believe they'd give us anything too crazy." Iida assured as he dug into his curry.

"Well, the written exam questions will be stuff from class. So, I should at least be able to do those." Izuku hummed as he ate his katsudon. He hummed thoughtfully. He did have Full Cowl, so using One For All wasn't as daunting anymore. But he still didn't want to miss something like he did in the entrance exam. 

"Do you really think it's gonna be that simple?" Uraraka asked hollowly.

"Well it's driving me nuts; I just want to know what they're having us do?" Izuku admitted. Studying was easy, his preparations were done in advance with his extensive note taking. But practical stuff... he wished he had some kind of clue. It was like hunting blind.

"It's a comprehensive test of everything we've learned so far." Tooru said from the end of the table.

"Yeah, but that's an we could get Aizawa-Sensei to tell us." Asui confessed.

"So it should cover combat training and rescue training. Oh and basic training." Uraraka listed off their classes.

"We can't just study." Izuku lifted his chopsticks to his mouth. "Gotta stay in great physical shape too."

He was struck in the back of the head suddenly and wiped around with a growl on his lips. "Oh, sorry, your head is so big that it's hard to miss."

"You're from class 1-B," He was the one with the copy quirk that Kacchan hated. "Monoma right. That really hurt." 

"I heard you guys stumbled across the hero killer." Monoma pushed forward despite the fact that he'd just elbowed Izuku in the skull. He gritted his teeth, that's what it was about? "Just like in the sports festival, class 1-A isn't happy unless they're the center of attention."

Izuku huffed and lifted a hand to still his friends as they turned to react to their interloper.

"But you do realize you're not in the spotlight because people think you're good heroes right?" He tilted his head as if looking down on them. Izuku but back the growl that bubbled in his chest. It wasn't a challenge; this guy didn't know anything about Izuku's powers. "It's just that you keep getting into so much trouble. Here's some food for thought. Someday the rest of us might get caught up in your mess. And then we'll all become unwitting victims as well. What kind of horrible villains will you bring down on us? What-...?"

The other students tray was suddenly slapped up into the air by Izuku's snarling mare. Kacchan stepped between their table and Monoma with a dark sneer on his face. But before Izuku's mate could blow up, another hand appeared above Monoma. He was chopped on the head just as the tray was caught by the girl who had given up her spot in the tournament. 

"That's not funny Monoma." She looked down at the teen who had fallen after her attack. "You heard what happened to Iida, chill out." 

"Kendo" Iida said in surprise. Oh, it made sense now. She was class 1-B's Alpha. Izuku grabbed his mate's hand to stop him from taking issue with the situating. His boyfriend growled but refrained from blowing the copycat up.

"I apologize for him." Kendo picked Monoma up and shook him by the collar. Izuku was sure he'd been knocked out. "I'm pretty sure he's got a hole where his heart should be. So, I was listening, I know you're all worried about what's going to be on the big practical. I heard it's gonna be combat against robots like in the entrance exam."

"What really? How do you know that?!" Izuku could forget the entire incident happened if she had some inkling of what the test was going to be on.

"One of my friends, who's a second year, filled me in." She smiled, "I know, cheating, but oh well."

"No, I don't think so," Izuku turned to the table and cupped his chin as his mind worked over the possible scenarios. He was sure information gathering was part of the test. And what about rescue?

"Deku." Kacchan growled.

"What kind of idiot are you Kendo? You just gave away our whole strategic advantage." Monoma hissed from where the girl was holding him. "This was our chance to pull ahead of that class full of idiots."

"They're not the idiots!" She chopped him again and dragged him off. She really was like their alpha. Izuku smirked and tugged his mate down for a kiss.

"Thank you Kacchan." Izuku growled.

"Don't let anyone fucking walk all over you Deku." Kacchan growled and stalked off to his own table with his friends.

 


 

Izuku watched Ashido and Kaminari as they took to the news of the possible robots with excitement and a lack of concern. Izuku thought on it and he still wasn't convinced. 

Izuku didn't want to be caught off guard by their test. All Might had told him the truth about One For All, and the villain who might be back. He was going to have to face that enemy one day. And he needed every bit of help this school could give. 

"It shouldn't matter if it's robots or actual people." Kacchan cut through the lax attitude their classmates had adopted. "Why are you morons so excited." 

"Hey who are you calling morons?!" Kaminari pointed as Ashido pouted. 

"Shut up!" Kacchan snarled, "You need to learn how to control your quirk, ya got it?!" 

Izuku smiled placatingly when everyone looked at him. He wasn't going to get involved, Kacchan was right. Izuku was still working on the same thing.

"Hey, Deku," Izuku snapped to look at his mate curiously. "I saw the way you're using your power now. You won't surpass me. I won't have another half assed win like the festival."

Izuku knew Kacchan was still frustrated that they hadn't gotten to fight during the festival. Even more so about Todoroki not using his fire. "We'll be getting individual scores in the finals. New rankings, so we'll all know exactly where we're standing. I'll show you how much better I am." 

Izuku nodded at him, this was all tied into Kacchan wanting to feel worthy. He wouldn't give anything less than his best now. He could use One For All without getting serially hurt. He would face Kacchan' s determination head on. 

"And Todoroki," Kacchan addressed Izuku's Beta by name. "I'll kill you too." 

Todoroki inclined his head in acknowledgment. Kacchan turned in his heel and stomped out of the classroom. 

"It's been a while since I've seen him that worked up." Kirishima scratched his head. 

"I think it's impatience." Tokoyami speculated. 

"He just wants to do his best." Izuku sheepishly informed his class.  

 


 

"Hey Deku!" The voice through his phone cut through the haze of information Izuku was burying himself in. 

"What's up Uraraka." Izuku flexed his hand while using his hand gripper. 

"So I need some incentive to pass and start my own bet with the girls from class. Do you think you could help me out?" She asked. "If at least half of us pass, could you agree to let us put makeup on you. It could be fun." 

"Where did you get that idea?" Izuku asked with his brows furrowing in confusion. 

"Well, we've been texting, all of us girls. And we started talking about how you and Bakugou had a bet going during the festival. And then we wanted our own wager." She explained. "Momo said it would be a good idea to inspire some incentive to study. So if half of us pass were going to convince you to put make up on. If we all pass we get Bakugou." 

"Oh, Kacchan would probably try to murder you all." Izuku laughed. "How about I agree to both? He'd feel really bad after, but he'd destroy all your make up for sure." 

"Really?!" Uraraka gasped. "Okay, so if half of us pass both portions, you get makeup put on. And if everyone passes we go full drag!" 

"How full is full?" Izuku was regretting it already. 

"Party dresses!" She laughed. 

"Ugh, fine!" Izuku shook his head. He'd do anything for a pack member. "But the important thing is you actually pass!" 

"Great thanks Deku!" She hung up on him. Damn. 

 


 

"How many times do I have to tell you. This translation doesn't mean what you think it does!" Katsuki pointed to the translating book in front of him. Then he swatted Shitty Hair on the head with the rolled-up textbook. " 'I enjoy', not 'I am enjoy'! Get it through your skull!" 

 He sat back and huffed an annoyed sigh. "Hey, thanks for helping." Shitty Hair said as he kept translating the sentences their class had gone over. "I really don't want to fail."

"Yeah, yeah," Katsuki planted his hat in his palm as he watched the English sentence get written out. "Look, pack doesn't let one-member fall. Not if we can help it."

"Are you talking about Midoriya?" Shitty Hair looked up. "Cause a bunch of the others have been hanging around you two lately. The pack?"

"Yeah, Deku needs it to feel centered." Katsuki bit back on his urge to swear and get defensive over his boyfriend's quirk needs. "It's always been like this."

"He's like the Alpha right?" Shitty Hair asked.

"We both are, mates for life." Katsuki shifted his head to run his fingers over the scar on his shoulder. Warmth bloomed in his chest.

"So, what are the others?" Shitty Hair sat his pen down. When Katsuki glared death at the hardheaded idiot he got back to it.

"Round Face and Glasses are Deltas. Bird Head is Lambda. And IcyHot is Deku's Beta." Katsuki snorted. "I didn't get much of a say in that one, but whatever." 

"Beta, like second in command?" Shitty Hair asked.

"Not my second in command." Katsuki snarled. He didn't need ice ruining his explosions, or fire fueling a controlled burst into an inferno. Not to mention, he didn't want the blank bastard at his back.

"Well, who is?" Shitty Hair asked looking up from his notebook. Katsuki wanted to start yelling, deflect from how embarrassing this shit was getting. But Deku was leaving this to him.

"You, if you fucking want to." Katsuki growled and looked away sharply.

"Dude!" He looked back to see way too much excitement in Shitty Hair's eyes. "Bro, I'll be your Beta!"

"Godammit, did I say you could stop writing?" Katsuki snapped and Shitty Hair grinned wide before jumping back into his studying. Shitty fucking Beta.

 


 

Shouta took his seat in the conference room with the other pro hero teachers. Since it was his class being discussed he sat at the head next to the principal. 

"Alright everyone let's talk about the memo I sent you all regarding the exam changes." Nedzu addressed them after they all had stacks of the student profiles. "With the connection between the Hero Killer Stain and the League of Villains it's possible criminals everywhere will become much bolder."

"It'd be best if we can start preparing' for that before it happens." Snipe spoke through his mask with a bit of an echo to his accent. "As a school we should be takin' every precaution. If fights with villains are gonna continue to intensify then havin' the kids train against robots ain't practical." 

Shouta nodded, it had been a long time since the teachers had to personally train the students by fighting against them. All Might had created a peaceful era of spread out learning. That was no longer the case. 

"Originally we used them to avoid complaints about gettin' injured in the entrance exam." Snipe shook his head. It was as if parents and applicants forgot this was a school training heroes. Injuries happened no matter how hard they tried to avoid them. "But they're just not challengin' enough." 

"We can ignore the complaints." Shouta wasn't teaching kids who weren't ready to face real challenges. It was by making those concessions, that they were creating a sense of ease. Like this profession was easy and simple. He wasn't going to be teaching them the bare minimum, so they went out and got killed. "Let people say whatever they want."

"This sounds like it could be problematic." Midnight turned in her seat. 

"I understand why you want to change the exam." Cementoss added in and shared a look with Midnight. "But having students fight us? Even if they're in pairs, is that a good idea?" 

"Yeah," Thirteen agreed. "I think it's a bit unfair." 

"If we go to easy we won't be able to give them actual grades." Hizashi pointed out. 

"O' course we can take that into consideration and give them an advantage." Snipe suggested. 

"Mr. Principal, what are you thinking?" Shouta looked to the genius animal next to him. He gave off the air of a creature not to be messed with. Intelligent and wily. An alpha in his own way. 

"I believe I agree." Nedzu crossed his small dapper arms. "We need to change the practical exam to reflect the current times. How do we ensure the students aren't out in life threatening situations?" 

The principal looked up at them all and smiled confidently. "The answer is simple. We must push them, and make sure they're as strong as possible."

"That makes sense." Midnight nodded. 

"I agree." Thirteen nodded. A look was shared between the rescue hero and Shouta. The children had risen to the occasion during the USJ Incident. But it was still a long road to follow before they were ready. They were going to have to push the students themselves. 

"Right, then let's talk about the teams." Shouta pushed the conversation forward. "First, Todoroki; he's doing quite well generally speaking. But he relies too much on brute force." 

Considering who his father was it wasn't that surprising. While Endeavor was an exceedingly skilled hero, he was also a brute force fighter. Todoroki needed to learn the finer points of combat situations. 

"And Yaoyorozu is an all a rounder. But she lacks the ability to make spur of the moment decisions."  Shouta was going to teach them to get past their flaws. "Therefore, I'll erase their quirks and take advantage of their weaknesses." 

"Sounds good!" The other teachers approved his tactical plan. 

"Next for Midoriya and Bakugou," He'd thought long and hard about this pair up. Instinctively he started to separate them. Focus on teaching them to fight independently because their relationship could be a hindrance. But then he'd thought on it more, and what their individual strengths were. 

Midoriya was the strategist of the pair. Shouta was concerned that the teenager might not be able to get past his hero worship. Or even his alpha need to lead. 

Conversely the same train of thought applied to Bakugou. Shouta saw a lot of potential in his explosive student. His drive was no less real or encompassing as Midoriya's. But Shouta could see that outside of pack things, the kid didn't pay well with others. Teamwork was important. So was conceding to someone who had a better plan. 

All lessons these two needed to learn. 

"I'll leave them to you All Might," He knew Midoriya had changed Yagi first. And he also knew the number one hero had taken to ensuring Bakugou wouldn't get lost in his volatile emotions when he lost, or...won. "I didn't pair them up based on ability or classwork. I went with relationships. I know you have a soft spot for our alphas, please ensure that they learn something." 

 


 

After three days of exams the written portion was finally over. Izuku was confident in his test results. But now it was time for the practical exam. The exam site was framed by a complex where they could view the different training grounds. This must be where the teachers are during the entrance exam.

After they had all gotten changed into their hero costumes they met the pro teachers from the hero department outside the complex.

"Now then," Aizawa-Sensei addressed them. "It's time for your final test. Remember it's possible to fail this final. If you want to go to camp, you'd better not make any stupid mistakes."

"Why are all the teachers here?" Jirou asked. Izuku slipped his mouth guards in to cover his sharpening fangs.

"I expect many of you have gathered information and believe you have some idea of what you'll be faced with today." Aizawa-Sensei smirked at them.

"We're fighting those big old metal robots!" Kaminari shouted.

"Fireworks and smores, here we come!" Ashido exclaimed excitedly.

Izuku winced, he'd figured it out the night they had gotten that information. Information gathering was something they'd gone over in class. There was no way those rumors would be true. The probability of getting the same kind of test twice was a million to one.

"This year's test," A shifting movement in Aizawa-Sensei's scarf caught Izuku's attention. Out popped the principal, his teacher didn't even seen phased! "Will be completely different for various reasons!"

"Principal Nedzu?!" The class exclaimed. The most excited members of their class had frozen at that declaration. So much for their easy exam. 

"The tests have a new focus." Principal Nedzu grinned and climbed down the homeroom teacher. His pack mate just looked at them as if they should've been prepared.

He wasn't wrong. 

"There will be hero work of course, but also teamwork, and combat between actual people. So what does that mean for you?" The principal pointed at them sinisterly. "You students will be working in pairs, and your opponents will be one of our esteemed UA teachers. Isn't that fabulous?!"

It was terrifying.

"Additionally your partners and your opponents have already been chosen." Aizawa-Sensei informed them. "They were determined at my discretion based on various factors. Fighting style, grades, and interpersonal relationships."

Yaoyorozu and Todoroki were a team going against Aizawa-Sensei. Their teacher smirked at them dangerously.

Izuku was announced to work with Kacchan they looked at each other in shock. They hadn't had to work together like this yet. Normally it was them fighting against each other. Out of the sky All Might dropped down, he was their opponent?! "I AM HERE- to fight!"

Cold trepidation shot down Izuku's spine. They were going to be fighting All Might?! "You're going to have to work together boys, if you want to win."

Izuku wanted to say it was a good thing they were fighting together. That as a unit they were stronger than if they were separate. But he knew without a doubt that Kacchan was a dominant fighter. He would want to lead, and if they weren't careful a dominance fight could break out between them. 

For all Izuku's placid attitude towards his mate, he was also a dominant personality. His inner wolf would not want to bow to another's orders, not even to its equal. He was all geared up to compete too! He didn't want an actual fight to happen between them. 

"To complete the exam you'll have thirty minutes." Principal Nedzu explained and held up a set of quirk restraints. "In order to pass you'll have to put these handcuffs on your teacher. Or, you can win if one of you manages to escape the combat stage."

So they needed to capture their teachers, who were pros, or escape the areas they were fighting in.

"It's gonna be very different from the combat trading you already went through!" Present Mic danced in place jovially. That was a lot more threatening than Izuku wanted to admit. "After all, you're up against people way better than you."

"Better really?!" Jirou hissed. Izuku sighed, did no one ever pick up the subtle changes in tone or body language people displayed? Their English teacher was trying to provoke them. But he was right, they weren't pros for nothing. "Aren't you just the announcer?"

"Watch your mouth and have some respect!" Present Mic was suddenly offended.

"This time your exam will be very similar to a real battle. As strange as it is, please think of us as villains!" Thirteen instructed.

"Assumin' you come across your enemy, if you think you can win against them, then fight." That was Snipe! "However-"

"In instances where you're outmatched, it would be smarter to run away and find help." Aizawa-Sensei growled at them all. "Todoroki, Iida, Midoriya, I'm sure the three of you understand."

He did, Izuku wouldn't make that mistake again. "So it's fight to win or run to win."

"That's right, it's a test of your decision-making skills!" All Might informed them boisterously. "You're probably thinking your only option is to run. But that's why the support course made these super clever accessories for us!"

The number of hero held up a metal cuff. He and all the teachers put them on their arms and legs. All Might grinned as he fastened his. "These babies add about half our body weight to our physiques. It's not much, but they'll eat up our stamina and make it harder for us to move around. Oh shoot, these are heavier than I thought!"

Izuku suddenly wondered about All Might's decision skills outside of his hero work. "We held a contest to see who could come up with these design ideas, and Young Hatsume won!"

Oh, good for Hatsume!

"You think we need a handicap to win against you?" Kacchan growled, and Izuku winced. His mate was insulted. "Think again!"

All Might stated laughing loudly, but when he looked down the air he always presented as their teacher was gone. In his place was a dangerous opponent. Izuku felt his inner wolf shiver with anxiety. This is wasn't their pack mate, not even their funny teacher. This was the predator All Might presented to villains. "This should be fun." 

Ah! Scary! Izuku's hackles raised.

"Let's begin," Aizawa-Sensei said. "You'll take the exams in order of your team's. There's a stage prepared for you. Sato, Kirishima you're up"

"Yes Sir!" Both students answered.

"Those of you waiting by can either watch the fights or try to strategize as a team." Aizawa-Sensei said as the teachers headed into the complex. "It's your choice."

As the other students paired up and left to strategies, Izuku dragged his mate with him to the monitor room. "I know we're not going to agree on a lot of plans. So let's watch and think at the same time."

"Tch," Kacchan grumbled.

They walked into the observation room where Recovery Girl was preparing the monitors. 

"Oh, Deku, Bakugou!" Uraraka walked in behind them. "I wasn't expecting to see you two here."

"It's not like we get many chances to watch students in combat with teachers." Izuku admitted. He was also trying to think of a way to tell his mate he thought they should make a strategic retreat their option for fighting All Might.

"I was hoping to get inspiration from everyone else battles." Uraraka walked up to join them near the monitors. Kacchan just huffed and looked up at the screens grumpily.

"Sato, and Kirishima, practical exam, GO!"

Their classmates were in a city training area, running through the streets. A wall of concrete blocked their path in a flash. The two students rushed the pro hero and shattered the concrete slabs that kept lining the distance between them like domino's.

"Yeah! Come on you got it!" Uraraka cheered.

"They're not gonna win it like that." Izuku shook his head.

"Idiots." Kacchan spat.

"Their quirks are amazing but there's a limit to how long they can keep that up." Izuku friend. "I don't think Cementoss-Sensei has that problem. The more time they waste, the more of a disadvantage they're at."

"That's not good," Uraraka looked at him.

"It's no coincidence this match up happened." Izuku crossed his arms. "Aizawa-Sensei set us all up against teachers we'd have a hard time against. To pass we'll have to recognize or weaknesses and overcome them."

"Exactly right," Recovery girl spoke. "So before it's your turn to fight, you sound think carefully about your compatibility with your opponent."

He knew it, they set them up with teachers who could exploit their weaknesses best. Cementoss-Sensei suddenly surrounded both students as their quirks started to flag. The cement crushed them to the ground. Three minutes was all it took.

"It was that one sided?! "Uraraka hissed incredulously.

"Their quirks were ineffective against his." Izuku gritted his fangs. Crap, All Might wasn't going even give them the chance to run. This was going to be harder than he thought it would be.

*

Chapter 42: Yaoyorozu Risisng

Summary:

Izuku tries to build the foundstions of a plan, and Aizawa tests his students.

Notes:

Thank you everyone for the comments. I'm very honored you're even reading my fics. :3

Chapter Text

Izuku watched the match currently getting started on the screens. Asui and Tokoyami were an odd match up. But hopefully they could bridge each other’s weaknesses. Unlike the last team they were able to notice their abilities. They weren't a pair that would act rashly. And Ectoplasm was a dangerous opponent for them, with his ability to clone himself. 

Immediately after the start of the match the clones rushed them. Dark Shadow whipped out and grabbed Asui before he hurled her through the air. As soon as he released her she snatched him with her tongue, and they were volleying to the second story of the building they were in. That was a good plan, now they were out of the immediate line of fire. 

"Nice!" Uraraka exclaimed. 

"An escape only they could have pulled off!" Izuku cheered with amazement. 

"That's nice communication." Recovery Girl spoke as she entered the observation room. She must have finished patching up Kirishima and Sato. "They're talking to each other. It may not seem like much but it's important. I don't just mean having a sidekick or a teammate that you work well with either. Really, you need to be able to communicate with anybody." 

"So we were talking about this final," Izuku turned to the woman, "And about how we're supposed to be facing our weaknesses." 

"That's right," The old woman settled into the console chair. 

"So, what do Tokoyami and Asui have to work on?" As far as he could tell, they were extremely well rounded. "I'm having a hard time seeing how Ectoplasm-Sensei's quirk is a bad match up for them." 

"Oh, well it's not good." Recover Girl looked down. "For Tokoyami at least." 

"Huh? Why do you say that?" Uraraka asked. Izuku was worried as well, that was his pack member. Kacchan swatted his shoulder and looked up. 

"Keep watching, you'll see." Recovery Girl said cryptically. 

Izuku looked up to see his classmates had gone up to the third floor. Ectoplasm created more clones and they filled the floor cutting off any more escape. Dark Shadow cut through them easily enough, but there was still a great number of them. More formed behind Tokoyami. Before they could make an attack on his opening, Asui slipped in and covered him by swiping at them with her tongue. 

They created an opening, but it was filled immediately by more clones. Dark Shadow lunged out but at the same time Asui snatched him back up with her tongue and vaulted up another few levels. She leapt from where she was climbing onto the wall and joined him. They were an effective team. 

"Tokoyami is quick and can attack from afar, allowing him to keep his distance." Recovery girl said from where she sat. Izuku looked to her, "Those are all strengths; but looking at it another way, he's weak at close range." 

"Wow, I never thought about his powers like that." Uraraka mused. Izuku looked back up, Ectoplasm-Sensei's clones could appear anywhere too. They were definitely exploiting their weaknesses. 

"On the other hand there's Asui. A stellar student with no clear weaknesses." Recovery girl tilted her head. "She can provide support to her allies. As powerful as he may be, she's important in another way too." 

Asui shot around the hallway they were in and slipped into the mass of enemies. She lashed out with her tongue and took out a clone, creating an opening for Tokoyami to race through. With Dark Shadow framing his body he made it through easily. 

"Her level-headedness and ability to provide emotional support are the key to them passing." Recovery Girl finished. Emotional support? Now that he thought about it, she had been a calm presence during the USJ Incident. It really helped keep them centered. She was always like that, even when she was stirring drama up like a troll. 

Asui and Tokoyami had made it to the exit concourse of the building they were in. Ectoplasm was standing there, and he spewed a large mass of the white ectoplasm. It flowed like fog before it swept up into a massive titan sized clone. The giant clone took a bite out of the floor his classmates were standing on. 

Asui and Tokoyami appeared on the side of the massive creature. Dark Shadow appeared and after Tokoyami spoke to the familiar, it sped through the air at Ectoplasm. The pro hero attacked to defend his position. They volleyed against each other, but Ectoplasm wasn't giving an inch. 

Dark Shadow retreated to Tokoyami and Asui before he raced back in. Ectoplasm leapt into the air and kicked the shadow bird. When the pro landed his cloak revealed the handcuff on his leg. 

"Whoa, they got him!" Uraraka exclaimed. 

That moment did so much more for them than either of the participants knew. They proved that the student teams could win. That their quirks could be paired together to win. But how could he pair that knowledge to working with Kacchan against All Might? Sure the man was a pack member, but before all of that he was a hero. And the number one hero was a dangerous opponent to have. 

Izuku looked to Kacchan and bit his lip, they were a mated pair. He wondered if he could open his mating mark up like he could with the pack bonds to Todoroki and Iida. He still felt like they needed to retreat, but his wolf mind would not allow him to retreat and leave his mate behind. Not even if that was the objective.

Was that his weakness? Was that what they were going to exploit? His mating to Kacchan? As it stood they couldn't connect like he could with Iida and Todoroki. 

Izuku decided to take a break from watching he reached out to touch his mate's elbow. "Kacchan, come with me." 

His mate lifted one domino covered eyebrow but followed him to the back of the room. Izuku huffed and rolled his shoulders, he'd picked up on emotions, right before the fight against Stain. Once he'd solidified the pack bond, he'd been able to connect to Iida and Todoroki. But with Kacchan, and a much more intimate bond, he'd only even been able to pick up on his location or extreme distress. He wanted to solidify this pack bond as well. He needed to be able to sense Kacchan, especially in a fight. 

"I'm going to try to link up with you like I did with Todoroki and Iida. I think it'll help us." Izuku said and Kacchan growled at him.

"This better work Deku," Kacchan snorted and looked away in irritation. "I'm your fucking mate." 

"Of course you are." Izuku smiled. He stepped forward and placed his head on Kacchan's collar. His mate lifted his arm and cupped the back of his head. He nuzzled into Izuku's hair and to just breathe. Izuku synched his breathing and suddenly he could feel a roiling mass of emotion. Anger, irritation, determination, comfort, love, and a faint hint of lust. 

Izuku felt the smile that split his face as he mentally touched the bond, he opened it wide and pushed out his own feelings. Kacchan stiffened and gasped. "Deku?" 

"Yeah," Izuku nuzzled his mate's mark and turned a smile into his neck. "That's me." 

"That's-..." Kacchan ducked down and ghosted his mouth over Izuku's own mark. The clothing over them did nothing to stop the spike of awareness and want that burned through them at the same time. "You're scared?" 

"Yeah," Izuku stepped back an inch to meet his mate's gaze. "I know you want to win, so do I. But facing All Might... that terrifies me." 

His mate swallowed and the irritation rose up before it was swamped with concern. "Alright, let’s talk strategy. You always got something going on in there, shitty nerd." 

 


 

Shouta looked over the urban neighborhood he would be hunting in. His inner wolf was eager to teach their students. He slipped over the various houses, that covered the testing area, swiftly.

He hadn't managed to go out and do hero work effectively since his injuries. He also hadn't trusted himself with his wolf side. But now he was very much fused with his inner wolf. 

Shouta streaked over fences and scaled up onto the electrical poles. He found his students as they were moving through the alleyways. Predictably Todoroki was in the lead, Yaoyorozu was making something with her quirk. They stopped suddenly and he frowned, she looked bothered, but she was giving up control to Todoroki?

Shouta moved in as they were distracted and activated his quirk. He got close silently and flung out his scarf to lash the electrical wires together. He slipped down and smirked, they had no idea he was right above them while Yaoyorozu spoke through the self-pity she was allowing to cloud her judgment.  

"Yaoyorozu you're not making those dolls! He's coming!" Todoroki exclaimed, and Shouta rolled through the air to hang upside down. 

"I'm sorry!" The girl cried. 

"No, I'm here." Shouta announced, "But you should be acting." 

Todoroki turned and swept his arm out like he was going to use his ice, but Shouta was still using his quirk. He dropped to the ground and cleanly landed between the two students. How would they handle meeting him in battle? Would they retreat? Attack?

"I would suggest that you prioritize evasion." Shouta glared, "Since I'm taking your power from you." 

"Yaoyorozu, go!" Todoroki kicked out at him and he dodged back. So that was the plan, distract him while she ran. That was rather simple, he was sure she hadn't come up with it. 

"Is that what you're planning?" Shouta grabbed one band from his scarf and when his feet touched down he lunged past the teen's guard and swung his arm. The band wrapped the teen's arms to his torso snugly. He hung the kid up by the electrical lines where he'd originated from.  Shouta deactivated his quirk. "This will be simple. I was always going to capture you first, since you're the teams main offense." 

"You think you've caught me?" Todoroki spat from where he hung. Shouta walked to the electrical pole and tied his student's band down cleanly. He ran his pocketknife over the part of it that he'd finished tying and detached it from the rest of his scarf. "I can burn or freeze these restraints in an instant." 

"Do whatever you want," Shouta dug in one of his pouches and flung a slew of caltrops onto the ground beneath his student. "Just be careful where you land." 

"Caltrops?" Todoroki asked incredulously. "That’s your strategy, pretending to be some kind of ninja?"

Didn't he know Shouta was a ninja? The thought caused him to smirk, Hizashi would love this. But, thus was more than just a test to him. This was a learning experience for his student. He was a teacher before he was a hero these days. 

"This is different from when you faced the Hero Killer." Shouta said, he pulled his field bottle of eyedrops out and lifted his goggles to rehydrate his eyes. They burned until the drops eased the ache. He had his vision back, but man were the drawbacks from his injury annoying. "I know about your quirks and what you can do. I'm perfectly prepared to defeat you both." 

Once sufficiently hydrated he capped the bottle and tucked it away and dragged his goggles back down. "Your plan places most of the burden on yourself. It's nice you tried to be considerate to the girl but maybe you should have talked this over with her." 

Shouta left his student then, it was time to pressure Yaoyorozu. He lashed the electrical cords the moment he saw her and flung himself into the air. She was running like prey, scared and overwhelmed. She'd lost her confidence after the sports festival. 

He flung out his capture weapon and snapped her arm up to stop her flight to get away. "I'm gonna hit you where it hurts!" Shouta declared as she looked at him in a panic. He landed on a rooftop and started to drag her up to him. "Let's see which of us hits harder!" 

Something grew from her arm and loosened his grip on her wrist. He smirked, smart girl, that was a fast reaction. She then changed direction and he watched her curiously. She'd let Todoroki make all the decisions. Comparing herself to Todoroki she'd decided he was the superior student. For better or worse he never seemed to hesitate. And she'd lost her ability to trust in her own instincts and actions. Emotionally she was still a child of fifteen. As her homeroom teacher he'd like to help her regain her confidence. 

But that wasn't his job right now. 

Shouta's wolf instincts urged him to press his student harder. So he took off after her. He was making his way back over the electrical cords again when the students noticed him. Good awareness, what was their plan now?

"Watch it! Aizawa-Sensei is coming!" Todoroki warned. She looked between him and the other student. She only had so much time before he got there what was her reaction going to be?! "Yaoyorozu! You've got a plan don't you?! Sorry, I should have asked before, and not told you what to do. But you have an idea right?"

"Your plan didn't work, so there's no way mine will be any good. We're both gonna fail." Yaoyorozu whimpered. 

"Spit it out already!" Todoroki demanded. "I'm saying that you're the one who's better at this stuff, not me. When we were voting for class president, you had two votes remember? One of those votes was mine. Because I thought you would be best at leading our class!"

Shouta lunged through the air to get between them again. Keeping them cut off was the best way to unsettle them. "Giving up?" 

"Not yet!" Yaoyorozu reached into her belt and flung a slew of objects at him. "Todoroki close your eyes." 

"What are these?" Shouta growled and swept his arm out at one as he was still in air. His instincts were screaming danger. It looked like a nesting doll, and it opened even he swiped it away. Inside was a grenade canister. The pin slipped free and a massive flash blew up and whited out the area. Flash grenades!

He landed and lifted his goggles to rub the splotches from his vision. He could hear her speaking to her teammate and pushed his hearing out to make sure they weren't going to attack him. That would be the opportunistic thing to do. He couldn't see but he tilted his head back to smirk when Yaoyorozu claimed they could still beat him. Through his blurred vision he saw Todoroki was free now. 

"So you've got a strategy?" Todoroki asked. 

"Yeah!" Yaoyorozu sounded like the fire had been lit inside her. "I've been thinking about it from the beginning. His weakness!" 

Shouta lashed his scarf and launched himself onto a roof to get some distance. His eyes were burning again and the length of time he could use his quirk was very much altered thanks to his injury. If Yaoyorozu had chosen to attack based on that truth she was smart. Shouta pulled his goggles back down and grabbed his band to manipulate it into lashing out at them. 

Todoroki was free and flung his left arm out, but Shouta had already activated his quirk. "Todoroki, we have to hide!" 

He watched the kids take off to try and get out of his line of sight. He leapt back onto the electrical lines to follow. Yaoyorozu had slipped right into the role of a tactical leader. Good, she was bouncing back from the loss she'd been dealt. They turned a corner to an open street between houses and he leapt across to the new electrical lines.

"That's far enough kids!" Shouta called and flung his scarf out. He started to blink because they weren't paying attention. But that was his mistake. His instincts screamed as he closed his eyes, so he reacted. He managed to use the other end of his scarf to redirect his jump. He managed to fling himself out of the way of the massive glacier that formed in the middle of the street. 

That ice wall was Todoroki's biggest move. They must have been waiting for the moment to use it. Shouta landed on a rooftop and smirked. They'd taken advantage of his own weakness. His inner wolf was impressed. That really hit him where it hurt.

Shouta moved to the edge of the rooftop and crouched. Wolves were patient hunters, and now that he had merged minds so completely for this fight, his instincts were intensified tenfold. It was really helping since his quirk was still affected by his healed injury. The gate exit was directly behind him some kilometers away. They would have to take the wall down to come past him no matter what. Waiting was the best option. 

When he'd been rubbing his eyes Yaoyorozu had said she'd had a plan, and that they could still beat him. He smirked proudly into his scarf. "Let's see it." 

He looked up as his peripherals picked up a pair of cloaked figures slipping out of the glacier on a side street. He frowned; they were going the wrong way. But the cloaks were going to be a problem. He couldn't use his quirk if he couldn't see them. He lunged after them and contemplated how close he was going to have to get to remove the cloaks. 

Shouta swung his arm and his bands lashed the cloaks together. He landed while yanking them up. He saw under the folds of the cloaks; the top halves were mannequins. He saw Yaoyorozu and frowned, she had a catapult? Her hand missed triggering it, so he reacted to his instincts. Shouta back pedaled quickly, but not quickly enough. The catapult launched something similar to his capture weapon into the air and it got tangled up in his own bands. 

"Todoroki! Blast your flames, now!" Yaoyorozu yelled. From the other cloak Shouta had wrapped up flames blasted out like an inferno. It wasn't aimed for him, why not?!

"I'm not sure we have a chance against you in a full battle Aizawa-Sensei! But that's okay. Tell me something, have you ever heard of nitinol alloy? When heated it returns to its original shape in an instant! It's a metal with shape memory!" Yaoyorozu yelled. 

The bands she'd shot at him were lit by the fire and in an instant it snapped around him like a cocoon. He grunted as his body protested. He was not expecting that at all. They'd thoroughly surprised him. "Now isn't that impressive." 

He fell to the ground and rolled to look at them expectantly. The cuffs were affixed to his wrists and Yaoyorozu started to unwind her creation. "It went exactly as you planned." Todoroki mentioned to Yaoyorozu as he crossed his arms and observed executively. "Almost too smooth. "

"Honestly it shouldn't have worked out," Yaoyorozu looked down, "I was about to trigger the catapult, but I made a big mistake. Aizawa-Sensei noticed, but he still jumped away. Even though he could have stopped me easily. I think he allowed himself to be captured on purpose." 

"I was just trying to see what Todoroki would do." Shouta said as he rested his eyes from the effort of fighting. "You were in my sights, but he still had a cloth over him remember? I thought he'd try to freeze me. So I decided it would be better for me to back off. In doing so, it looked like I ended up playing right into your hands." 

"It really was just a matter of timing, just like you said." Todoroki looked over at Yaoyorozu. "Thanks." 

She cupped her mouth as tears filled her vision. There, she'd regained her confidence. Shouta only hoped she could keep it together and never lose it again. She would be a formidable tactician if she kept her cool. Todoroki started to fuss over the crying girl, so he chose to reclose his eyes and rest them. He could really use a nap, maybe Hizashi wouldn't mind if he changed shape to take a nap on him. Even better, maybe his cats wouldn't mind.  

 

Chapter 43: Stripping The Varnish

Summary:

Izuku and Katsuki air out some tactics.

Notes:

Short chapter more about the other teams. So I went with some smut and introspection.

Chapter Text

Katsuki didn't like the thought of his boyfriend being scared. He was marveling at the way he could clearly feel his mate's presence in his mind. He was still stuck on that. He had been riled up the past few months since they'd started school. One fight after another to prove himself. He'd neglected to make this part of his life work.

He heard Round Face and Pretty Boy had finished their match as victors. He'd suspected as much, Round Face was tough.

"Kacchan, you want to win right?" Deku asked from where he stood next to Katsuki. 

"Of course I want to fucking win. A clear win too, I'm not fucking running away." Katsuki groused. He'd gotten a shit win from the sports festival, and he'd lost to his boyfriend after hurting him. The only notable thing he'd done was help out some during the USJ. Even worse than ask of that; he'd been stuck being lectured by an asshole while Deku fought for his life in Hosu. 

He couldn't run away from this fight. 

A wash of apprehension burned through his mind and he frowned. Deku felt wary. "You don't think I can do it." 

"I don't think anyone can fight him." Deku admitted and the fact that his boyfriend doubted them was a blow. It burned in Katsuki like a toxic wound. "It's like two wolves going against a force of nature." 

Overwhelming odds, he knew that. Katsuki wasn't stupid, but he couldn't just turn tail and run. How would he ever know how strong he was if he didn't test himself against the best. Katsuki looked back up to see Black Eyes, and Bolt Head fail against the principal. Damn. 

More of the students were filing into the room to watch and he focused instead on the link shared with Deku. It was an acute presence, conveying emotion and warmth. If they worked at it, he could use this to fight with Deku at his side. His mate smiled weakly at him. 

"Kacchan, if we keep this open between us in the moment, we can fight as one." Deku clarified and it would be like moving as a unit. A deeper unit than mere chemistry could conjure between them. Katsuki needed to bring the trust back between them. He grabbed his boyfriend's hand and dragged him out of the viewing room. "Kacchan?" 

"You don't trust me to keep my cool." Katsuki growled. "I get it, I'm a hot head." 

"Oh Kacchan, that's just how you are." Deku sighed with a smile. "We've not been able to hunt together yet. And the first time we do, it's against All Might?"

"We can't just run away Deku." Katsuki growled. "It'll make us look weak." 

"Against All Might everyone is weak." Deku argued. Katsuki found an empty waiting room. He kicked the door open and hurled his partner through. He shut the door and locked it behind him. With a swift adjustment his gauntlets settled on the ground. Then he crowded up against his mate. "Kacchan?" 

"Just let me feel for a second here. You fucking think on a plan." Katsuki growled.

He pressed his head to Deku's and closed his eyes. His heightened senses intensified, and he breathed in the smell of forests and home. His mind opened up to Deku's and a swarm of different emotions burned all over.

Deku could fucking ramble emotionally, and mentally, as well as he could vocally. 

Typical. 

"Whatever your plan," Katsuki sank to his knees and dragged the zipper of Deku's suit down. Tank top and shorts were pulled aside just so. "You need to trust me. And I need to trust you." 

He took his boyfriend's hardening cock into his mouth and sucked him deep. Izuku let out a shuddering moan. "K-Katsuki." 

Katsuki opened himself up, letting his boyfriend feel all of his frustration. The self-loathing he felt every time he looked in the mirror. He wasn't worthy of his boyfriend; he wasn't worthy of being number one. Not yet at least. And every time he got a chance to show it, to prove to the world he was good enough, it was ruined. 

Izuku was the only respite he had from that darkness. Izuku always made him feel loved and worthy. 

Izuku pressed his hands to his mouth to muffle the moans, but from his side the fear was gone. Good, Katsuki didn't ever want to feel fear from Izuku again.

Katsuki never wanted to make Izuku feel like he couldn't measure up to the task. He pulled back for a breath and licked the big vein under his boyfriend's cock. Like this they were always one, closer than they could ever be separate. 

He could concede to the hunter brain in his boyfriend. His instincts wouldn't lead them astray. Katsuki sucked his partner deep and hummed. Arousal coiled in his gut, but this wasn't about him. This was about them gaining the ability to trust each other in a fight. Something they hadn't experienced truly. Not outside of the sludge villain incident. 

Izuku grabbed for his head and Katsuki rolled his gaze up to lock with half lidded glowing eyes. "Ka-Katsuki... I'm gonna..."

Katsuki responded by sucking harder and groaning when he felt his boyfriend orgasm. The hot splash of spunk on his tongue was a bitter taste. But it was also intoxicating. Katsuki pulled off and swallowed. He rocked back on his knees and stared at his nerd. "I trust you Deku." 

 His mate does to the ground and yanked his gloves off. He pulled his mouth guards out and shoved Katsuki until he was laid out as well. "I trust you too Kacchan." 

Katsuki cursed when he saw his werewolf boyfriend pull his cock from his pants and sank down to swallow him whole. He threaded his gloves through those unruly curls and laid back to share the pleasured emotions that he was feeling. 

They trusted each other, that was the best Katsuki could hope for. Now he just needed to pass this exam. 

 


 

Izuku and Kacchan spent the rest of the break together. And by the time he'd returned his mate's sensual attentions, it was drawing close to their turn.

Periodically their classmates were announced to have won. Koda and Jirou beat Present Mic. Miraculously Mineta and Sero also beat Midnight. The whole class was doing their best, and it was coming to be their turn. 

Kacchan led the way out of the room as he slipped his gauntlets back onto his forearms. Izuku looked at them contemplatively. He remembered the size and force of his mate's explosions. They were devastating, and maybe they could be effective against All Might. 

"Kacchan, I know you want to fight," Izuku said as he replaced his mouth guards. "I think the only way were going to pass the exam is to get past All Might." 

"He's not going to let us just run past him." Kacchan growled. 

"No, we're going to have to fight to get away." Izuku shook his body and shifted through his mate's nervous emotions. All tinged with frustration. "He's number one for a reason, he'll probably try to separate us." 

"So we have to stay connected if that happens." Kacchan looked up at the gate before them.

"I have so many ideas and I don't think any of them are going to survive encountering him." Izuku sighed despondently, "We could try to avoid him entirely, or distract him so one of us gets past." 

"That might be the best option. I'm the best distraction we could hope for." Kacchan patted his gauntlet. 

 Izuku shivered as he thought of the overwhelming odds they were against. Weights weren't going to remove the threat All Might presented. And Kacchan was right, a full retreat wasn't an option for them either. His wolf would accept nothing less than engaging, protecting their mate, and escaping as a unit. 

This was what Gran Torino meant when he said Izuku's idolization of All Might was going to hinder him. He looked at his mate's back as he approached the gate. Izuku wasn't going to be able to prevent an incursion. All Might would rile Kacchan up no question. It would be up to them to work together. 

"Kacchan," Izuku tilted his head back. "If you can figure out anything while we're in there, we'll change tactics." 

"I'll think of something." Kacchan grumbled but he had a sword look on his face. 

"Until then we try to avoid a fight, but I'm pretty sure he's going to come to us." Izuku shook his head and inhaled deeply to center himself. "I've got your back." 

"I've got yours too." Kacchan growled. And their link deepened to a joint determination. Izuku felt his mate's awareness and knew they were going to be formidable if they could manage to work together. This exam was going to test more than just what they'd learned. Hopefully Izuku could prove their mating was a strength and not a weakness. 

*

Chapter 44: Katsuki Bakugou: Origin

Summary:

Izuku and Katsuki face off against All Might

Notes:

OMG After this it's only one episode left before the end of season two. I'm going to take a few days off of Full Moon Hero even we finish this season. But I'll be back to start season three. ;3

Chapter Text

The gates closed around them and Katsuki looked to his boyfriend. The calm silence they passed between them spoke of a readiness they both felt. That was good, the fear was gone. Deku could fight like this. 

Katsuki wasn't going to get shown up by fucking IcyHot and Glasses. 

They started forward as one and the nerd's mind started back up like he was building and discarding plans. "All Might is probably waiting for us on this road." Deku announced as he looked around and got the lay of the land. "We should keep the side roads in sight in case we need to make a swift retreat." 

"It'll look better if we can blast that smile off his face before we run." Katsuki growled with a dark smirk flowing over his lips. Deku just sighed and growled at him like he was trying to admonish him. 

"It would be wise to run away and avoid combat no matter what." Deku sighed as if giving up. 

"I wanna toy with him until the time is almost up and knock him unconscious for real. That would make retreat easier. " Katsuki parried that futile attempt to retreat and the amusement he picked up made him smile at his partner. At least Deku was loosening up some. 

"Split it down the middle?" Deku asked. 

"Down the fucking middle." Katsuki bared his teeth in anticipation. 

Deku whipped his head to the side suddenly and growled. His body rippled into his werewolf form and he lunged. He wrapped himself around Katsuki just as a crippling force of wind blasted around them. They fell and rolled across the ground. Deku crouched over him with his head lifted and ears back, when it died down. 

The dust and debris cleared to show damage had stretched down the entire street. Shattering the windows and crumbling the walkways. He glared down towards where the boat had originated from. Deku's growl rumbled in his ear. "He's here."

"Who really cares if I destroy this city?" All Might's voice drew Katsuki out from beneath the giant werewolf.

The pro hero walked through the smoke and dust with that damn grin still on his face. Deku bristled as he lumbered back to his feet. The air was different than when they trained, the jovial almost incompetent feeling he gave off was replaced by a sense of foreboding domination. Why was he so intimidating? 

"If you think of this as just an exam, and not a real fight, you'll be sorry." All Might growled as he stomped his foot down and a rush of air swept past them. He glared at them with eyes that seemed to catch the light to make them glow. "I'm a villain now heroes, remember that. You'd better come at me with everything you've got. I won't pull my punches." 

Deku's fear was back, and Katsuki gritted his teeth against it. His boyfriend could be afraid, he'd cover him until he got his shit together. All Might lunged in and Katsuki grinned wickedly. He lifted his left hand and detonated it.

"How about a Stun Grenade!" The flash whited out the area as Deku shook himself to get back in the game. "You want everything I've got All Might?!"

He lunged in and before he could bring his arms up to attack, a large hand closed over his face. He was shocked the hero could move after that flash. Dammit!

Katsuki lifted his right arm and blasted a series of explosions to get the hero to let him go. He followed up with the other one and peppered the hero with fire. 

 

 

Damn! Young Bakugou had some fight in him. Usually when one had their face grabbed they reflexively tried to yank the hand away. The boy had interesting instincts. He knocked one exploding hand away and turned to smash the alpha into the ground. He let go and Young Bakugou gasped for air.

"Your rapid-fire blasts were hardly more than a sting." All Might grinned sinisterly down at the boy. He had to jump back immediately as the werewolf student lunged between them with bared teeth. "Don't think I've forgotten about you, Young Midoriya! Maybe you should have left your teammate here and run away." 

The fur on the wolf bristled and the glowing eyes were bright with fear. But he'd still acted to protect his mate from harm. Midoriya started to glow and leapt back with green lightning crackling over his body. He leapt up into the air, holding his partner in his clawed gloves.  

"Nuh-uh, that's not going to work!" All Might called.

They landed a few feet away and Midoriya sat his mate down with a grip still around the out of breath boy. "Kacchan, we should run now." 

"Shut up, we can win this." Bakugou growled, "That's what it means to be a hero Deku." 

 


 

Izuku was struck by his mate's words as Katsuki tried to shrug out of his claws. They were still splitting it down the middle. All Might had piqued his mate's interest and fighting desire. Putting him on the ground so easily only ignited his short fuse. 

That's what it means to be a hero. 

Izuku had gone into this utterly petrified to face his mentor in a fight. Scared to see how they measured up against him. He was unbeatable. And Kacchan had come at it with eyes open and hungry for a fight. He'd conceded because Izuku was afraid. Afraid to face off against a god.

Izuku was weak. 

"I'm coming heroes! With a special gift for the one who wants to run!" All Might called viciously as he appeared in the air above them. He smashed a mangled piece of guardrail fencing into the ground around Izuku. His werewolf bulk was pinned to the dirt of the ruined road. He was trapped, and his mate had no one to back him up!

All Might lunged through the motion, after he'd trapped Izuku, and punched Kacchan in the stomach. It hurled the teen away. Kacchan had been hit so hard he vomited as he flew. "Kacchan are you okay?!"

His mate hit the ground and bounced. Shit, he hurt, that hit must have damaged something. Kacchan was face down and Izuku sucked in a horrified breath.

He remembered his mate before they stopped being friends. Walking in the shopping district on the block their mothers got their nails done at. The news was playing footage of a fight All Might fighting off four villains all at once. Izuku may have been a fan boy, but Kacchan was just as big of a fan. His red eyes bright with excitement and pure belief that the hero could win against all odds. 

Izuku understood his mate a little better as he remembered, and the static that had filled their bond when his mate got hurt burned his mind. Kacchan always had one goal. He'd been leveled blow after blow since they got to UA. But he'd not faltered from his desire to win, his desire to be the best. From their childhood to now, Izuku always admired that about his mate. 

Izuku struggled to get leverage to lift the piece of fencing that pinned him down. He couldn't let his mate fight alone. Not against All Might. The hero paced towards his mate as he got to his hands and knees shakily. 

"I know why you're always so angry, Young Bakugou. Because you're trying to prove something to everyone aren't you?" His mate stilled, and Izuku growled.

He willed his mate not to fall into the monologue, not to lose his temper that All Might was going to prick at. That was Kacchan's weakness, his temper. Just as Izuku's was his admiration of All Might.

"But you have to remember each of your rankings when the year first began. It's much easier to level up when you're a novice, you're wasting your true potential trying to be the best. Do you understand me? You have so much room to grow stronger boy. And I don't just mean your quirk!" 

"Shut up, All Might," Kacchan growled from where he knelt. Izuku got a wash of shame and self-hate from his mate through the static. "If I can't be the best, then I'm a burden to Deku. And if I can't be anything more than a burden to him, I'd rather lose this. Do you hear me?"

"Is that so hero," All Might growled and fisted his right hand. "Just remember you asked for this."  

Izuku reactivated Full Cowl and struggled again. His mate would rather lose than be unable to win, than be unable to show he was worthy of their mating?! Izuku gritted his teeth, not on his watch. Never would he let his mate feel as if he were anything other than the best in his eyes. 

All Might swung at Kacchan's knelt form and Izuku blasted out of his restraint. He swept in and punched his mate away from All Might's fist. "Don't you dare say you'd rather lose! Let's win this Kacchan!"  

He snatched his mate up and lunged off down a side alley to get some distance and a breather.

 


 

"Did you fucking hit me?!" Katsuki gritted out from his aching body as Deku carried him swiftly through the alleyways. "Put me down dammit." 

Deku stopped running and sat him down against a wall. His werewolf body transformed back to human and the green glow faded from his skin. "Kacchan, I can't think of a way to beat him," Deku admitted. "As soon as he showed up the idea of pure retreat became an impossibility and fighting him is outrageous." 

"Hah?" Katsuki growled as he fought the pain in his gut down. He was going to be a hero dammit, this was nothing. The notion that he was wasting his potential being angry, that he wasn't worthy stung deep. A wound made by fucking Jeanist and prodded by his own hero. Shit!

"Before you give up, let's fight together." Deku crouched in front of him and rubbed his face over Katsuki's hair. Deku cupped his jaw and swiped the remnants of his vomit from his face. "Don't you ever say you're okay losing. You're you because you never give in, you're always fighting. Do you remember those fourth graders you beat up in first grade? The most amazing hero always wins?" 

He gritted his teeth as his boyfriend dredged up shit from their childhood. When he had never hurt his boyfriend so bad he passed out from pain. When Katsuki didn't know he was going to be with the werewolf for life. When he didn't know how much the nerd meant to him. When he believed himself worthy of his boyfriend's attention. "You've been saying those words our whole lives, how could you ever be a burden to me?" 

His boyfriend's words warred with Jeanist's, with his own inner voice. He turned and slammed his fist into the alleyway wall and blasted it with a ragged yell. "Goddammit!" Katsuki growled and he slammed all the negativity back into his black heart. That’s where it fucking belonged. Not slipping all over his brain and Deku. "All Might's speed is insane, no matter where we run or hide there's no way to avoid fighting him." 

"Yeah, and there's no way to face him in combat." Deku cut in. 

"Shut the hell up before I kill you." Katsuki growled and his mate stiffened before he wrapped his arms around his tense back. The comfort edged away the harshest thoughts still lingering.

He'd gotten control of his shit, now it was time to nut up. He was worthy dammit, he was not a burden. "He won't be stopped by anything less than a full power attack. I learned that earlier with the mini blasts." 

His mate bumped their heads together and Katsuki felt the wolf inside his mate as it reached out to him. The strength and determination of it calmed Katsuki down. Led him back to the state of mind he needed to continue. He was never going to forget the wild energy that was seeping into him. "So here's the fucking plan. We give him everything we've got at point blank range. Our only option is to inflict damage and put some distance between us."

 


 

Katsuki waited as he saw the hero run past the alleyway they'd picked to time their plan. Deku hurled him out of the alleyway and Katsuki glared at the hero even while his roiling emotions were still burning where he was controlling them. He couldn't let that shit transfer to Deku. "You're going the wrong way!" 

"Is that supposed to be a sneak attack?" All Might turned. Katsuki threw his arm forward and blasted the hero. The bastard had pissed him off. He kept up the steady blasts and snarled. He couldn't believe he'd almost given up because his shit got too great to handle. What the fuck?!

"Deku!" He yelled as the smoke gathered into the air high enough. Deku lunged out of the alleyway behind the hero and Katsuki blasted himself into the air. "Shoot now!" 

His grenade gauntlet on his boyfriend's arm was a dangerous move. He didn't even know if the nerd could handle it in human worm, but it wouldn't fit on his werewolf arm. He was high enough up, and Deku pulled the pin from the gauntlet. "Sorry All Might!" 

The blast funneled and blew down the street. Katsuki didn't wait to see if it hit, he just brought his legs up and started to blast his hands to carry him off near his boyfriend. Deku was cradling his arm. "How does he use this?!"

"Run you idiot!" Katsuki yelled. 

His mate's words rang in his head, a solid force to keep him from falling back into the lost emotions inside him. He was going to lose to this final if Deku hadn't smacked some damn sense into him. What the fuck was wrong with him?!

 


 

All Might sat on the ground after the fire finally died out. "Damn, they got me." He marveled at the sneak attack he fallen into. That wasn't a wolf plan, that was very human in thought and tactics. "A compromise and impromptu strategy." 

He was impressed, Bakugou had gotten past his block. Young Midoriya as well. He looked around to see the damage was only located in areas he'd already demolished. He was pretty sure that was a lesson he'd taught them in that very first combat lesson. 

He hadn't known Bakugou was still harboring those upset emotions over his loss. Despite that they had formed a quick plan to stop him even if it were only for a few moments. Both of those boys were pretty damn clever.

The problem was that they lost all sense when it came to fighting together professionally. They were too competitive to work together. Despite the state of their relationship. Love, hate, competition, rejection, and pride. From what he could tell there were a lot of complicated feelings mixed up in there that they hadn't managed to work in tandem at all. 

He got up and coughed, blood spattered on his fist. This wasn't something that could be solved overnight, their mating had to come past this last wall. If they could cooperate like a unit it would mean big things for them in the future as heroes, solo or as a duo. This was just the first step, a starting point for them as a pair. "Now, students, your teacher is going to do his best to school you." 

 


 

"We're almost there, we just have to make it to the gate!" Izuku called to Kacchan. "If we can get through, we pass the final exam!" 

"Damn, All Might's first attack was from the middle of the city," Kacchan remarked as he flew steadily above with his palm explosions. "It stretched all the way to the gate. What the hell is that power?!" 

Izuku bit his lip to keep from spilling what he knew. Kacchan didn't know that he had One For All. He'd just said Yagi taught him to use his strength a different way. "It doesn't look like All Might is following us. Don't tell me we knocked him out back there." 

"Of course not!" Kacchan yelled. "You're the one who said it was impossible to actually beat him. There's no way that attack KO'ed him. If he catches up it'll be my turn to blast him with a gauntlet." 

"Interesting!" All Might appeared out of nowhere between them and Izuku gaped in shock. "And then what will you do?!" 

Kacchan whipped into an attack and All Might punched the gauntlet into shattered pieces. Izuku lifted his own up and it was shattered almost like an afterthought.

"Don't tell me you're surprised!" All Might boomed. He was too fast!

"Alright heroes it's time for you to die!" All Might laughed and twisted in the air. He kneed Kacchan away, his mate's body flipped through the air into the top of a building eight stories up. 

"Kacchan!" Izuku yelled. He started to leap into the air after him when his arm was caught, and he was yanked into the air. 

"That's my line!" Kacchan roared as he blasted back towards them. Izuku was flung right into his mate's body and was pulled right off of him. 

"Hah, well isn't that wonderful boys. You cooperated like a unit and faced me together." All Might shoved Kacchan to the ground under his yellow boot. Izuku hung in his grip in shock that he'd been physically used to hurt his mate. "Sadly that's not enough. Cooperation was only a prerequisite for this exam." 

 


 

Katsuki looked at the dirt around him in horror. Forced to the ground by nothing more than a boot. All Might had overwhelming speed, with strength and stamina Katsuki couldn't hope to match. All Might wasn't just powerful, he was power. Now that he'd faced the hero, Katsuki felt outmatched. This man was the most unstoppable force in the world. He was the greatest hero on earth. 

Deku was dangling from his iron grip, skin glowing green, unable to shift forms. He scrabble at the hero with a determined glare. "What kind of face is that to make Midoriya?" All Might flung Katsuki's boyfriend away. "You plan to use maximum power to get me away from your mate?"

Katsuki gritted his teeth, that wasn't the plan. Deku was supposed to run after they were re-engaged by the hero. The surge of protective rage he felt from his mate choked the breath from Katsuki.

"You were going to attack me and make a run for it. Not a bad plan all things considered." All Might mocked, that was the plan, but it hasn't survived the hero. "But now that I've destroyed Young Bakugou's gauntlets you lost your heaviest attack. You're helpless. This is over." 

"Shut up!" He wasn't going to be monologued into a mental low again. Never. The. Fuck Again! He turned his palm upwards and pushed a blast from his hand at the same strength and force as his gauntlet produced. All Might was blasted off of him by the force of the explosion. 

He got up with a growl and stomped to where his boyfriend was. They weren't going to make it together. He snatched his partner up by his metal collar. Yanking Deku up he glared at him and planted a hard kiss on his lips.

"Get ready to fly!" Katsuki turned and grabbed his arm as he moved. "I don't like the idea of running. But with the shit-fest this turned into, this is the only way to pass the practical test!" 

"Wait Kacchan, I can't go without you!" Deku felt terrified as he realized what was about to happen to him. Too fucking bad. "What the hell are you doing?!" 

"Now die!" Katsuki turned on his hips to follow through. He hurled his boyfriend into the air and blasted him off. His arm smarted painfully, he'd pushed it and now it was fucking broken. 

"NEW HAMPSHIRE SMASH!" All Might bellowed from above and rocketed out of Katsuki's blast zone to blitz ass first into Deku's back midair. 

"Dammit!" Katsuki used his other hand to blast towards them. Fuck, Deku bounced off the ground and into a bus, knocking the damn thing over entirely. Katsuki volleyed through the air and yelled to get the heroes attention off of his boyfriend. The pain reverberating through their link scared him. 

"Those gauntlets were only made to give me power with no risk!" He threw both of his hands forward and pushed all of the nitroglycerine in his body down his arms. It fucking hurt, but he grinned through the adrenaline and pain. "But I know that was stupid now. If I don't take any risks there's no way I can beat you! Right, All Might?!" 

The explosion he directed was as big as his gauntlet could produce. He flew back from the recoil. "Deku, go!" He landed and sucked in a breath when he saw Deku couldn't get up from his position. Shit, was he still messed up from getting blasted from the air?! "Get up you moron!" 

 


 

Izuku used the smoke to cloak himself, Kacchan was distracting their enemy. He forced his aching body into his werewolf form. His mate was sacrificing himself so he could escape. He needed to take this chance. If he headed for the gate, All Might would have to stop him before he could get there. And Kacchan could take advantage of that to get out. 

He was limping, his back smarting with every slow step. He activated Full Cowl, and as it was stretching over his body he could hear All Might above him. Kacchan yelled and blasted above him. Protecting his movements. He looked back as All Might grabbed his mate’s head and slammed him into the dirt.

"It's time to sleep young Bakugou." All might said, "I'm sorry to be the villain, but I'm still your teacher. It pains me to see you sacrifice your own body in a fight." 

Kacchan's raised hand clenched the hero's wrist. Izuku could feel his mate's angry determination mixed with the deep anger at being bested by the hero. "Hurry up...go.. you damn nerd!" Kacchan yelled to him. "I'll keep fighting...I'll break myself...I'll win the way I want to. I'll destroy myself before I let you hurt Deku again!" 

Kacchan!

Izuku yanked Full Cowl out of his body and turned through the pain. He forced himself back to human and hurled himself through the air at his mentor. The hero turned around in shock and Izuku smiled at him.

He remembered All Might's words. Even now, when his wolf side snarled at him to save their mate. Even now, while his human mind screamed at him to run. "Please get out of the way All Might! SMASH!

The hero was flung away as Izuku picked him right in the cheek. He grabbed his mate and ran for the gate. His back ached with electric fire, but he didn't care. He wasn't going to let his mate give himself death to let Izuku escape. This was a test, but the notion of Kacchan doing so in a real situation scared the hell out of him. The obvious answer was to save his mate every time. They would just have to save each other from now on. 

His mate was unconscious. Shit. Izuku ran on and apologized for not following Kacchan's orders. That was just who he was as a man and a werewolf. He couldn't abandon anyone to destruction to save himself. Not even to win. 

 


 

Jeeze, Midoriya could have just run for the gate and passed for the both of them. All Might coughed as his body started to protest being in hero form. His inner wolf urged him to let it go, their alphas had passed in their eyes. And it was right. "You hit me with everything you had, huh kid?" 

The urge to protect his mate, had thrown Midoriya headlong into impossible odds. All Might shouldn't be surprised, he'd been this way from the beginning. He couldn’t help but run in to save those who need rescuing. That was especially true when it came to the Bakugou boy. There wasn't an obstacle hard enough to stop him. "That's right Midoriya, that’s the kind of hero you've always been."  

They announced the student's win, and All Might smiled. He'd lost to them. It was a good loss. 

 


 

"Thank you very much Recovery Girl." Izuku rasped at the elderly hero. He was lying down with his butt in the air as she healed him. Poor kid, her quirk was too hard on him. 

"All Might you really don't know how to hold back!" Recovery Girl yelled at All Might as he was coughing near the infirmary beds. "If you'd hit these boys any harder they'd have permanent damage!" 

She stated to jab at him with her large syringe. He winced and shied away from the furious woman. 

"Midoriya's back was horrible! I was barely able to heal it!" She snarled as fierce as any mama wolf at him. "Bakugou probably won't wake up for a while. Now, the two of you should stay here and rest." 

"Yes ma'am," Izuku agreed wearily. "Thanks again."  

All Might watched the boy pass out. Midoriya was so much stronger than he was when they first met, now he hardly recognized the boy. He looked over at Bakugou and knew he felt the same about the other alpha. The exclusive boy had smiled in the face of defeat and as he came upon every obstacle. He couldn't wait to see how much stronger they both would get.  

 


 

Izuku managed to get up after the second healing of the evening. He dragged a chair to where his mate sat and ran his fingers through the ash blond hair that smelled like smoke and fire. "-ku?" 

"I'm here Kacchan," Izuku smiled as he looked at his mate. Kacchan's red eyes cracked open and he looked at him through the exhaustion. 

"D' we pass?" Kacchan asked. 

"Yes," Izuku cupped his mate's cheek and smiled at him. 

"Wa-r..." His mate hissed. 

Izuku reached for the bottle on the table between the beds. Recovery Girl was off giving her reports of their injuries, so he had a few moments to talk about this before anyone heard. All might would keep it quiet as well, he was pack.

Izuku tucked his hand under his mate's head and levered him up to help him drink. He swished first and grunted so Izuku grabbed the trashcan and helped him to spit it out. 

"Dammit, waking up to that taste fucking sucks." Kacchan growled. He nodded and Izuku gave him the rest of the bottle to drink. After he was done Izuku sat it down and offered one of the peppermints that were given to them to help them replenish their energy. His mate chomped on them hastily. "How fucked are my arms?" 

"Pretty bad, she can heal them, but you need some more energy first. I'll need one more before she'll let me leave." Izuku laid his mate back down and went back to petting his hair. 

"How'd we win?" Kacchan demanded with a glare. 

"I punched him off of you." Izuku said and ignored the outraged look. "I heard you, ready to destroy yourself to keep him away from me. How could I not do everything I could to keep you safe as well. Kacchan, leaving you wasn't an option." 

"Oi, nerd," Kacchan looked away awkwardly. Izuku just smiled and leaned forward to kiss him. It was soft and slow; he chased the taste of peppermint before he pulled back. 

"I don't want you to ever think you're a burden to me." Izuku said seriously. "We were of different minds the whole fight, I let my awe of All Might get in the way. And then I couldn't keep him from hurting you." 

"You got hurt," Kacchan glared. 

"We're a pair, forever. If we can't work together we're a liability to each other." Izuku said and he trailed a finger over the mark that linked them. He hadn't opened the link since Kacchan had passed out. But he did now, and he was swamped with the self-loathing and anger his mate was harboring. "You're so worthy of being a hero Kacchan, you don't even know it. I always thought you were so cool when we were kids. I never doubted not even now that you would overcome any odds leveled at us. If you doubt yourself again just remember I think you're worthy of being number one. I want to fight you for the title." 

"Deku," His mate sighed. 

"You are going to be a hero Kacchan." Izuku smiled at his mate and Kacchan's emotions settled. "You're already my hero." 

*

Chapter 45: Encounter

Summary:

Izuku meets Shigaraki

Notes:

Ok guys, we're gonna take a few days off and come back with season 3. Thank you for reading everyone. :3

Chapter Text

"Everyone...I'm looking forward...to hearing...stories about...how fun...camp was." Ashido sobbed as she stood with a listless looking Kaminari, Kirishima, and Sato. They all looked totally defeated. 

"I'm sure he'll let you go," Izuku tried to placate them with a smile. "Like a last-minute twist or something." 

"Stop Midoriya," Sero patted his shoulder. "By saying that you're just jinxing them." 

"He said that whoever failed had to skip training camp and live in summer school hell." Kaminari choked up. "We didn't pass the practical, so now were doomed. Don't you get it Midoriya?! Did All Might knock the brains out of you?!" 

Kaminari swiped at the werewolf's face and Izuku whined in panic at the desperate fury in the blonde's eyes. Sero tried to cut in, "Ease off Kaminari, I'm not sure I'll get to go either. Our team only passed thanks to Mineta. I got knocked out. And since we don't know how they're scoring stuff, I might have flunked." 

"At least bring us back a lot of camp souvenirs please!" Kaminari screeched. 

The class door was smashed open and Izuku ducked back to his desk swiftly. "Once the bell rings, you should be in your seats." Aizawa-Sensei growled out at them. "Good Morning. Unfortunately there are a few of you who didn't pass the final. So when it comes to the training camp in the woods...Everyone is going."

He smiled and it was especially unsettling. A last-minute twist, just like he'd said. Izuku leaned back smugly and looked at Sero who merely scratched the back of his head. 

"So we really get to go?" Kirishima asked excitedly. 

"Seriously?" Ashido cried with tears in her eyes. 

"Yeah. The good news is no one bombed the written exam." Aizawa-Sensei informed them. "Five failed the practical, badly. Two teams of course, and Sero failed as well." 

Sero face palmed and Izuku wanted to comfort the distraught aura that emanated from him in that moment. Instead he turned back to their teacher who was watching them all sharply.

"Allow me to explain," Aizawa-Sensei spoke. "In each test the teachers were to leave a way for the students to win. Otherwise you never would have stood a chance.. We were interested in seeing how you worked together and approached the task at hand." 

"But didn't you promise the teachers wouldn't be holding back?" Ojiro asked. 

"That was just to keep you on edge." Aizawa-Sensei said it like it was plain as day. "Besides, the training camp will focus on building your strength. Those who failed need those lessons the most. I was never going to separate you. That was just a logical deception we used." 

They really needed to start assuming that his words were most likely a way to deceive them in some way. Izuku sighed as everyone had a bit of a break down about it.

"Aizawa-Sensei this is the second time you've lied to us!" Iida jumped up, "Aren't you afraid we'll lose faith in you?!" 

"Uh, a little blunt there Tenya?" Uraraka looked up at him with a wry smile. Izuku fought not to laugh a little, Iida was so literal. 

"That's a good point, I'll take it under advisement. But I wasn't lying about everything." Aizawa-Sensei hummed and then looked sharply across the class and glared at them. "Failure, is failure. We've prepared extra lessons for the five of you who failed. They'll be far tougher than what you'd face in summer school." 

The five students who failed visibly deflated again. Izuku bit his lip in amusement. Just what should be expected of this school. They weren't here to play around every day, it was a school training them to be heroes. And they were going to a training camp. 

 


 

"Hmm, looks like we'll be there a whole week." Iida informed them. It was after school and Izuku had looked over Iida's shoulder as he looked at the brochure given to them all.

"I'm going to need a bigger suitcase." Izuku remarked, he looked to Kacchan who was packing his bag up. Izuku knew his mate trained a lot in the mountains and rock climbed when he wasn't with Izuku. He was probably equipped with all he would need. 

"Yeah, I don't even have a bathing suit." Kaminari said in response. "I guess I need to buy some stuff." 

"Night vision goggles." Mineta piped up as he passed. 

"We're all off tomorrow and we finally finished exams!" Tooru exclaimed. "I have the best idea! Why doesn't class 1-A go shopping together?!" 

"Hey yeah!" Kaminari smiled wide. "We've never hung out as a class before." 

"Bakugou! See you there right?!" Kirishima asked and Kacchan was already up and trying to avoid the conversation. 

"I can't think of anything more annoying." Kacchan grumbled. 

"Are you going to come too Todoroki?" Izuku walked to his Beta who was still packing his bag up. 

"I visit my mom on Saturdays." The other teen said gently and Izuku nodded at him. That was a good reason to skip out. 

"Well, tonight Izuku, you're with us!" Uraraka grinned and ran up to grab his arm. She dragged him over to where the girls had all gathered. "If we're all shopping tomorrow we're hanging out at my house tonight!" 

"Oh, right," He did have his bet to fulfill.

He joined the girls as they headed out to the station. Ignoring the outraged screech from Kaminari and Mineta.

"Midoriya, you and Bakugou are dating right?" Ashido asked once they reached the station and boarded the train heading to Uraraka's neighborhood. "How does that work with the werewolf thing?" 

"He's my mate, I'm his," Izuku scratched his head nervously. "For life." 

"For life?" Jirou blinked in shock. 

"Yeah, wolves mate for life." Izuku smiled as his heart fluttered and his inner self rumbled with pleasure. "I knew the first moon after I was turned that he was mine, but we didn't start dating until last year." 

"So romantic." Tooru giggled from where her uniform said she was sitting. 

"Is Bakugou romantic?" Yaoyorozu asked curiously. 

Izuku flushed and mentally went over more intimate moments between them before he firmly told himself they weren't asking about sexual romance. "He plans our dates mostly, there's a noodle place we like to go to. I eat a lot so making sure my metabolism is met without spending a lot is a game between us almost. Kacchan takes it pretty seriously. Like he’s trying to one up me in boyfriend points." 

"They're also rivals." Uraraka laughed. "It's so romantic, always challenging each other." 

"Hey, what was the reward for your bet at the Sports Festival?" Ashido asked with a sparkle in her eyes. Izuku flushed again. "Oh my god it's that?

"Ah, uh it's..." Izuku looked away hastily. "It's private." 

"Oh my god!" Ashido squealed and Tooru joined in. 

"Now, it's not polite to pry into others relationships like that." Yaoyorozu chided them and Jirou just smirked at him knowingly. 

They got off at Uraraka's station and she led them to her apartment. They piled inside and Izuku ended up hustled into the living room and surrounded by the girls.

"Hey, I heard Uraraka got to pet your wolf form." Jirou brought up.

"What? Unfair I wanna pet too!" Ashido whined. 

"He's not a pet guys jeeze." Uraraka sighed as she walked in with a tray of drinks. "He's the pack alpha." 

"Oh, I don't mind. I know you all now." Izuku stood up and decided it would be much easier if he were in wolf form while they got it out of their systems. Uraraka looked at him curiously before she nodded and led him to the bathroom. He stripped down and changed shape in the cramped room. 

He lumbered out and the girls squealed, much like how they did when they first saw him. He was very settled now as he flopped down on the ground. He let them pet him and coo as his ears swiveled. It was nice, letting his packmate and their friends dote on him like he was actually a puppy. 

"Okay, We all passed with the exception of Ashido." Uraraka exclaimed. "So, we get to put make up on Deku." 

"Aww I thought we were gonna get to put him in girl clothes too!" Ashido pouted. 

"Then you should have passed your test Mina." Asui jabbed.

"What did you all bring?” Jirou asked. 

Izuku flopped with dawning horror as they started to pull out stacks of still packaged make up. This was what he agreed to. Incentive to help his pack mate pass. And pass she did. He'd do anything for pack. 

 


 

Katsuki looked around as he approached the apartment complex where he was to pick up his boyfriend. Shitty nerd had agreed to be the girls' guinea pig for the night and now he was free. Katsuki wanted to just pick his idiot up and go home to sleep cuddled up to the wolf. 

"Kacchan!" His boyfriend called from up in the apartments. He looked up and saw the mop of green hair and a waving arm on a balcony. "I'll be right down!" 

"Hurry up Deku!" Katsuki snarled. "Fucking nerd." 

He stuffed his phone in his pocket and waited, before long the punk showed up on the street with wide eyes. Katsuki frowned, what was up with his face? Deku stepped into the streetlight and Katsuki's mouth dried up. 

Deku's hair was still as messy as ever, but his eyes were lined with black makeup and his cheeks stood out as round and soft as ever. But his lips glistened like he was wearing gloss. It wasn't as if he'd changed into a girl, but the look seemed to compliment him somehow. 

"Deku..." Katsuki swallowed. 

"Look, I know it's weird, but just remember... they wanted to do this to you!" Deku pointed and Katsuki reached out. His hand exploded randomly, and his boyfriend jumped. "Wait! I have the makeup wipes! You don't have to blow up my face if you don't like it!" 

Shit, he hadn't blown up his hands prematurely like that in years. 

Deku started to rummage in his bag when Katsuki bit his lip and grabbed the werewolf by the front of the shirt. He towed him in and smashed their mouths together. It was sticky and tasted weirdly of peaches. "The fuck did you let them do to you?" 

Squeals and screams came from above and he looked up at the girls of his class. They clustered on a balcony screaming like fucking banshees. He growled and bared his teeth at them. He looked down at Deku who was gaping at him dreamily. "The fuck is that look for?!" 

"You kissed me." Deku gasped. 

"Yeah, so fucking what?!" Katsuki's face burned so he waved. "You can take if off now, can't take you on the train looking like that!" 

"Kacchan, you liked it." Deku looked at him and his mind was gone. He even started to mumble and mutter off in his own fucking world. 

"Oi! I don't fucking like it." Katsuki snarled. "Just... let's fucking go home." 

"Kacchan kissed me while I was wearing lip gloss." Deku hissed to himself. "You like it!" 

"Shut the fuck up if you ever want sex again you shit." Katsuki warned seriously. Even while his cock betrayed him by being interested. "I'll make you cry if you keep it up." 

"Kacchan," Deku grabbed his hand and dragged him closer. Claw tips pressed to the front of his pants where his erection was pointedly twitching for the werewolf. Traitor that it was. "You're hard Katsuki." 

"Don't you fucking dare." Katsuki grabbed for those claws and yanked his boyfriend behind him as he stomped off. He was seriously questioning his sexual desires now. What even was this kink? Damn Deku and his stupidly attractive face. Fucking jerk. 

 


 

The Kiyoshi Ward Mall was busy with the summer crowds. He was boggled thinking about what kinds of stores might cater to his specific needs for the camping trip. He couldn't take his school gear so he was going to need shorts that would shift between his three bodies without getting destroyed. The stores would cover a range of different body types, but he was unique in even that. 

"You're going to scare the children, stop it." Tokoyami spoke and Izuku realized he'd been muttering again. 

"Hey aren't those 1-A students?!" Someone called from the crowd. 

"Whoa 1-A!" 

"I saw them on tv, at the sports festival!" 

"You guys are awesome!" 

It seemed they were causing a stir just by being out and about as a group. Everyone was together and agreeing to shop and were all looking for different things. They all agreed to split up and look for different things before meeting up at three o'clock.

Izuku smiled when they all set off and he decided to start by finding heavier wrist weights. He wanted to increase his strength even while they were doing their summer camp stuff. He looked around and sighed, they came together, and he still ended up on his own.

"Oh it's someone from 1-A, nice." A raspy voice spoke up from the crowd next to him. He stiffened when the speaker came out of the crowd like a ghost. He wrapped an arm around Izuku, and his instincts screamed at him. "I want an autograph." 

The man smelled like blood and dust. How did he extricate himself without being a jerk? "You were the one who got beat to hell at the sports festival right?" 

"Yeah, that was me." Izuku nervously laughed, where was Kacchan when he needed his mate's acerbic attitude? Oh right, he'd stayed behind to train and have dinner with his parents. 

"Aren't you the student who ran into the Hero Killer in the Hosu Incident too?" The raspy voice asked. "You're practically famous!" 

"You sure do know a lot." Izuku felt weird.

"What can I say, I'm just a big fan of yours." Was this what a fan sounded like? It didn't feel like it, it felt like danger. "I can't believe I'm running into you again." 

Again? Now that he thought about it, the voice was familiar. Not so soft spoken, more like screaming with malice and madness.

"It makes me think that it might not be a coincidence." The hand around his shoulders lifted and Izuku realized who it was. He looked up sharply when four fingers wrapped around his neck, but one stayed up. "No, this feels like it's destiny. Oh right, from your point of view we haven't met since that day at UA, Midoriya Izuku." 

Their eyes met and the man holding him had icy blue hair and glowing red eyes. His lips were dried and cracked; a scar split one side of his mouth. The skin around his eyes were sunken and dry as well. But it was the look in his gaze that scared him. It was piercing and mad. The sinister grin sank into him and roused his wolf to wariness. They needed to get away, but that dangerous hand was still wrapped around his neck. 

"Shigaraki Tomura," Izuku growled. 

"Now, now, don't look at me like that. Keep that beastie inside where it belongs." Shigaraki hissed at him. "Act natural, and don't make a scene. I'm just an old friend that's all. Calm down, you don't want to involuntarily shift and scare all these people do you? Like that villain Lycan used to do?" 

Izuku needed to stay calm. He hadn't lost control of his shifts in months. He certainly wasn't going to do it here. It was better this villain was focused on him and not anyone else.

"I think we should have a talk, a friendly chat." Shigaraki said, his middle finger caressing Izuku's neck threateningly. "Oh, and if you try to fight me in any way...well it'll be fast. If all five of these fingers touch at once, your whole throat will disintegrate. And in a matter of seconds you'll be nothing more than dust and bone." 

"If you do that around so many people," Izuku gritted his sharpening fangs. Terror sank deep into his belly, but he was a predator, he would keep calm. "A hero will be on you in a second. You couldn't escape." 

"I don't doubt that." Shigaraki snickered and pointed. "But just look at these sheep. Any one of them could use their quirks and start a massacre whenever they wanted. And yet they're all here, smiling. They think laws and rules will protect them. So they assume everyone has their same morals. They're convinced nothing bad could ever happen to them. After you I could kill twenty, thirty, even more before a pro managed to show up and stop me. " 

Izuku loosened his whole body, relaxing in the villain's hold. If all this villain wanted was to talk he could do that. If it spared everyone here he could keep this monster calm. That was also the duty of a hero wasn't it? "Okay, I get it. Let's talk." 

"This is nice, a real moment." Shigaraki turned and started to steer them around to a busy part of the mall. So many people moved around and all Izuku saw were potential victims. "Let's grab a seat and get comfortable why don't we?" 

They sat and watched people for a while before the villain decided to speak. He gave off a strange manic energy. Like children did, unpredictable, wild even. "When it comes down to it, I hate basically everything; but the Hero Killer pisses me off the most right now." Shigaraki started. 

"Wasn't he one of your guys?" Izuku asked. It was too big of a coincidence with everything that went on in Hosu that night. 

"Not technically, but that's what the media made it look like." Shigaraki sounded disgusted by the very thought. "And that's what my problem is. It's like suddenly everyone is obsessed with that stupid Hero Killer. The attack on UA, the Nomu's I released on Hosu, he upstaged all of it. No one's even giving me a second thought. Why is that? Despite what he claims to believe, all he really did was try to get rid of things he didn't like." 

Shigaraki tilted towards him and smiled evilly at him. Shit, that was terrifying. "What do you think the difference is between us, Midoriya?" 

"What's the difference?" Izuku frowned through his fear. "I don't understand your goals. You villains, I don't agree with anything you do. I don't agree with the Hero Killer either, but I can understand him. Because the Hero Killer and I have something in common, we're inspired by All Might." 

Izuku remembered the intensity of Stain's aura, the alpha male who outclassed everyone. He was on an entirely different level than regular people.

"He saved me from the Nomu too. He's a maniac, but he doesn't destroy things just because it's fun." Izuku growled. This man had ordered his teacher to be beaten literally to death. If Izuku hadn't shared his quirk, Aizawa-Sensei would have died. "And when things were looking bad for him he didn't abandon his mission like you did. Even if the way he acted was wrong, he held true to his beliefs. That's the difference." 

He looked back into those eyes and they were even more insane. Darkened and edging with fury. Shit, had Izuku pissed him off? Had he just risked his life and everyone in this mall because he ran his mouth?!

"Ah, that's like a weight off my chest." Shigaraki looked away. Izuku didn't feel like he'd won some kind of dominance battle at all. His neck was still held by the villain. He was not in control here. "All the dots are connected. Why he makes me so angry, why you irritate me so much? Everything makes sense." 

The villain's mouth pulled up into a grotesque smile so horrifying Izuku's hackles would have raised further had he been in animal form. This man was terrifying. "It's him, the problem is All Might." Shigaraki's eyes filled bright with something other than furious insanity. It was purpose, drive, a calculating madness. "Yeah, Yeah, that's it! It's the most rational explanation. I didn't see it even though it was in front of me the whole time. What was I worrying about so much? It's simple!" 

The hand tightened on his neck as the villain excitedly figured whatever insane things he was going over in his head.

"He's the reason why these morons are able to smile thoughtlessly. They feel so safe because that garbage pro is smiling thoughtlessly too! As if there's no one in the whole world he can’t save!" Izuku's air was cutting off he lifted his hands and his claws sprouted. "Oh I'm glad we had this chat, I feel better. I can't thank you enough Midoriya. I don't need to change my ways at all." 

Izuku lifted his claws to try and pry that hand off of his airway, a new panic set in. A desperation to live boiled up. "Oops, don't struggle now. Not unless you want to die. Do you want all these people here to crumble as well?" 

"Uh, Deku?" The sweet voice of his female Delta drew his panicked gaze. Uraraka stood a little ways away holding her bag of bug spray. He remembered that was what she had gone off to find. Her worried gaze flicked over them She couldn't be here! "Is that a friend? No, that can't be right. Hey, let go of him." 

"This is nothing, it's fine." Izuku blurted as Shigaraki turned to look at the girl. Izuku would protect his packmate above all else. "Don't come closer!" 

"Oh you were here with a friend, I didn't know, sorry about that." Shigaraki let him go suddenly and smiled wide and toothy at her. Izuku sucked in fresh air and his wolf boiled up to the surface with glowing eyes and sharp teeth. His werewolf form wanted to spill over him, and he jumped to his feet to place himself between the villain and his friend. The villain got up and stuffed his hands into the front pocket of his hoodie. "If you follow me, I'll get mad." 

He was walking away and Izuku sucked his breath in. Uraraka touched his elbow and he was trembling. "Deku!" 

"Hold on, Shigaraki!" Izuku growled, more of his wolf was in his voice than he was intending. "I have a question too. What is All For One after?!"  

The villain stilled before he entered the crowd and looked back at him. "Who knows really. But here's a word of advice, friend. Be careful, next time we meet I'll likely have to kill you."

Then he vanished into the crowd like he wasn't the most dangerous person among them. "I'll call the police!" Uraraka said and he nodded to her. "Are you alright?!" 

"I'll be fine." 

 


 

Izuku gave his report to the police and the mall was temporarily closed. His class rallied around him worriedly, but he just stayed with the police, as they joined the heroes in a wide sweep of the area. They couldn't find Shigaraki. 

He left his class in the care of Iida and Kirishima as he went to the police station. He gave his report to the detective in charge of the league of villain's case, Tsukauchi, who was All Might's friend. He told the detective everything he could about Shigaraki's appearance and the conversation they had. 

Detective Tsukauchi assured him he did a good job despite his inability to detain Shigaraki. He praised Izuku in his ability to keep calm and assure the lives of all the civilians were safe. Izuku decided to take the compliments, though he still felt he could have done better. 

He left the building when he caught the scent of summer nights and fur. "Tsukauchi! Midoriya!" 

"All Might," Izuku gaped as the hero in his small form ran up from the parking lot. He immediately bent down to rub his head on Izuku's. "What are you doing here?" 

"I called him," The detective smiled at them kindly.

"What a relief, I'm so glad you're okay!" All Might sighed. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there to protect you and the others." 

"It's fine," Izuku just wanted the hero to stay safe, he wasn't able to be a hero all day like he used to be. But something Shigaraki said bothered him. "Um, All Might, do you ever have times when you can't save all the people that you want to?" 

"Yes I do, quite often too." The other werewolf said gently. "Someone could be injured and calling out for help somewhere in the world right now and I would never know about it. I know it's frustrating, but we are only human, no matter our quirks. There are always going to be people beyond our reach that we can't protect. That's all the more reason to stand tall and smile. So that the symbol of justice is there even when I can't be. Flickering in their hearts hero or villain." 

"The kid is worried about what Shigaraki said." Tsukauchi patted Izuku. "It was likely the villains resentment talking. All Might here has never failed to save someone after arriving at an emergency. I think we've got everything we need, so were all done here." 

"Izuku!" The worried voice of his mother drew his attention to her. A cat headed officer had escorted her. "Yagi-San?!"

"Mom," Izuku smiled calmly at her and she rushed over and grabbed his arm. 

"My baby, I don't think I can do this anymore." She whined. "My heart can't handle another scare." 

"I'm sorry," he leaned over and nuzzled her cheek even as she started to cry worriedly. "Everything's fine, I'm okay mom. There’s no need to cry. The heroes and the police have taken good care of me all night. And Yagi-San came. So I wasn't alone." 

"You two head home, I'll finish up here." All Might nodded and Izuku smiled at his pack mate and mentor. He looked like he wanted to come over and comfort the human Gamma. But Izuku shook his head, he had this well in hand. 

 


 

Toshinori watched the alpha and his mother get into the police car with officer Sansa. He stood next to Tsukauchi even while his wolf frantically scrabbled inside him at the tears their mate was shedding. She was worried for her child, and Midoriya had soothed her. It wasn't their place to get in the way. 

"This time at least it appears to be a coincidental meeting." Tsukauchi said. "But you or another student might be targeted again in the future. The school should be ready to take drastic measures." 

He didn't like the idea of that happening. But he trusted his fellow teachers to cover him and the students. The USJ incident would not be repeated.  

"The stronger the light shines, the greater the darkness." Tsukauchi said gravely and looked at him. "I think that for the good of the students you should consider leaving UA, All Might." 

"But I've barely gotten started. It's only been three months of teaching." Toshinori frowned, he knew his teaching needed work. But he was truly enjoying imparting his wisdom and knowledge to the younger generation. Not to mention that Midoriya needed him, as well as his pack. 

"I told you that you weren't cut out for it." Tsukauchi chuckled. "All For One again, this time we have to capture him." 

"One more fight." Toshinori nodded, even as his body rejected him. Even as the wolf inside him curled with anticipation. "I'll need to count on you again, Tsukauchi." 

"Yeah," The detective said and crossed his arms a determined set to his shoulders. 

*

Chapter 46: Game Start

Summary:

Izuku sirens some time with his class at the school pool

Notes:

Hello everyone, I'm back!

So, rumor has it Two Heroes is actually after the first episode of season 3. But I've seen in the trailers that Izuku is using his legs like he does even he uses Shoot Style. So Idk, I was going to wait and update after I had the movie sufficiently werewolf edited lol. But I can't do that if the main streaming websites don't have it and don't have a date when they'll get it.

We'll just have to wait until it hits the internet or blueray. I'll be posing that as part of the series instead of as it's own chapter. Plans, dashed by release dates. D:

Either way, when I sit down to do that I'll be letting you all know. If I need a few days to get that finalized there will be a heads up. Otherwise we're back on schedule for this season. Then it will be a definite break until season 4 so I can see how the chapters are broken up per episode.

Chapter Text

Izuku inhaled deeply and exhaled steadily as he went through his morning routine. He needed to be prepared, so slacking off before the training camp was not an option. He ended up watching the debut video of All Might again as he finished his work out and sat his dumbbell on the ground. 

'Fear not citizens! Hope has arrived, because I AM HERE!' The image of All Might as he climbed on top of an overturned bus, greeted Izuku. With victims of the disaster draped over his shoulders, and carrying more, he smiled at the camera.

"Thanks All Might." Izuku breathed and looked down at his scarred hand. He still couldn't believe All Might, the number one hero, had chosen to pass one for all onto him. He still couldn't believe he'd given All Might the bite to preserve his life. 

He was glad his mentor was taking to the werewolf quirk well. Izuku still had his own work to do acclimating to One For All. But he would do it, he could finally use it. And that was just the first step to him finding a way to harness it for the future. 

The doorbell rang and Izuku frowned. Kacchan wasn't supposed to come over until later in the night, and his mom was at work. Who would be visiting now? He headed from his room and inhaled as he opened the door. His confusion was still apparent when he saw who was outside on the apartment stoop. 

"Mineta? Kaminari? Hey." Izuku greeted. 

"Hey Midoriya!" Kaminari waved with a grin. 

"Come to the pool with us." Mineta urged. 

"A pool?" Izuku frowned, he hadn't even thought of visiting a pool before the training camp. 

"Yea, some fun before the training camp." Kaminari shrugged. 

"We'll get in some solid laughs." Mineta winked and Izuku was still confused. Was there a motive at place here? He still remembered how they had convinced the girls to dress up as cheerleaders during the sports festival. He did not want to be on their bad side. 

 


 

"Vlad," Shouta addressed his fellow first year homeroom teacher. "We have to increase the student's quirk capabilities this summer." 

The silver haired hero looked up from his own paperwork as if surfacing from deep thought. "Agreed," Vlad King's gruff voice sounded. "Why don't you start by giving me a rundown of class 1-A's abilities." 

"If we must." Shouta shuffled his class list and huffed. His inner wolf rumbled affectionately for their class of pups. He had to firmly remind his wolf that they were not his pups. "There's Aoyama Yuga, his quirk is Naval Laser. It's... basically a belly button laser.

"Then we have Ashido Mina; Quirk: Acid." Shouta wished she would get her head on straight. She had a lot of promise, but she was one of his problem children. Too much excitement, not enough deep thought. Her final exam had suffered under that self-assurance. "She secretes a corrosive substance that melts targets.

"Asui Tsuyu," She had a level head and he had high hopes for her rescue prowess. "Her quirk is Frog, and she can do anything a frog can. 

"Iida Tenya is the class president." Shouta gauged the other teacher's reaction and he was at least paying attention. Iida was also the pack Delta, but Vlad didn't need to know that pack dynamic went on with his students. The change in his life status as a werewolf was already well known to the faculty. Much like All Might's was. "Quirk: Engine, the engines in his calves give him super speed. 

"There's Uraraka Ochako; her quirk, Zero Gravity. She can make anything she touches weightless." She was also the other pack Delta. 

"Ojiro Mashirao, his quirk is called Tail. He can manipulate his tail like an arm or a leg. 

"Moving on to Kaminari Denki," Another problem child of Shouta's. His quirk made him cocky, too cocky for such a physical recoil from overuse. "Quirk: Electrification, he discharges electricity built up in his body. 

"The spiky haired one is Kirishima Eijirou." His mind knew that this boy was one of the Beta’s, but it hadn't been confirmed at least not to him yet. "Quirk: Hardening, he can make his skin stone like

"Koda Koji is the quiet one. Though his quirk is Ani-voice. He uses it to control animals and insects. But it doesn't work on humans." A wry smile split his lips as he remembered how Hizashi had reacted to the way Koda had attacked in the final exam. Judging by the smirk on Vlad's mouth, he had heard of Hizashi's shameful loss to a wave of insects. His poor mate just hated the creatures. 

"Sato Rikido is strong; Quirk: Sugar Rush, he turns the sugar stored in his body into pure power.

"Then we have Shoji Mezou, his quirk is Dupli-Arms. He can make other body parts appear on the tips of his tentacles. 

"Jirou Kyoka, her quirk is called Earphone Jack. Using the retractable plugs on her ear lobes she can distinguish the quietest of sounds." She reminded him very much of a young Hizashi. "Plus she can use the speakers on her legs to create incredibly devastating sonic bursts."

The only downside to her attempting to drown out Hizashi's voice in the exam, was that he'd used high frequency to her low frequency. Hizashi had a strange level of resistance to all sound frequencies. A side effect of his ability to control his volume so intensely.

Shouta would be very impressed to see her match Hizashi one day, perhaps even beat him one on one. 

"Sero Hanta has a quirk named tape. It has a variety of uses," Shouta had to admit even he was taken aback by how useful Sero had made his quirk. "He can use it apprehend his opponents, or simply to swing around through the air. 

"Tokoyami Fumikage, Quirk: Dark Shadow." Also the pack Lambda, a hunter. It fit with how well rounded his quirk could one day be. "He commands a devastating bird like shadow that grows wild when there's less light.

"Endeavor's son Todoroki's quirk is Half Cold Half Hot." They shared a look, and both understood this child was arguably the strongest of the bunch. Todoroki was also the confirmed Beta of the pack. "He emits ice from the right side of his body, and fire from the left

"Hagakure Tooru, her quirk is Invisibility." Shouta saw the smirk cross Vlad's face again. So he'd heard about Snipe's new nickname had he? They were never going to let the cowboy live it down that he'd accidentally elbowed the girl in the chest during his capture and loss. She now called 'Snipe-Sensei' a pervert. It was comical to every teacher who heard about it. 

"The sports festival winner, Bakugou Katsuki," Shouta read off and his inner wolf acknowledged one of their Alphas with a sense of deference. "His quirk is Explosion. He sweats a nitroglycerine like substance and can make it blow up. 

"Of course there's Midoriya Izuku," His Alpha and another problem child. He was using his strength in ways that were damaging his body. Shouta endeavored not to fall into that pattern with his own werewolf capabilities. But considering All Might was the kid's mentor, there was no wonder he was reckless. "His quirk is Werewolf, he's able to do everything werewolves of stories can do. Including three werewolf bodies, with heightened senses, and a staggering strength augmentation ability he's using to isolated limbs. He also had accelerated healing. 

"Mineta Minoru," Shouta sighed, not his worst student, but his worst problem child. The girls absolutely hated his perverseness. Midnight was a bit impressed by Mineta's tenacity though. They probably had another Adult Only Hero on their hands. Shouta was still unsure if that was a good thing or not. "His quirk: Pop Off, the balls on top of his head can stick to anything, though he himself bounces off them.

"Finally there is Yaoyorozu Momo," He smiled when he thought of her. She'd done very well as a tactician against him. So long as she kept her head in the game, she would take the school and inevitably the world by storm. "Her quirk is Creation; she can create any non-living thing from the lipids in her body. 

"And there's one more, but he's not going on this trip." He looked to his colleague again already feeling like taking a nap. "There's a 1-C student I'm taking an interest in." 

"You?" Vlad chuckled. "You expelled your entire class last year. But you've got a full class this year, and another one you're interested in?" 

"I know it's not like me." Shouta conceded. "But I don't want him to fall through the cracks. Shinsou Hitoshi, his quirk is Brainwashing. I spoke to him and I'm going to give him a few lessons before we go on the trip. After he's going to be my student outside of the hero course." 

"Are you training to bring him up?" Vlad mused. "We both ended up with full classes." 

"I think he can make it. But he's behind because he knew he wasn't going to place thanks to the robot parameters of the entrance exam." Shouta said and Vlad hummed. "He lacks combat skills, the things we've been teaching, and the experience of classes have." 

"You think he can do it?" Vlad asked him seriously. 

"I do." Shouta answered. They stayed looking at each other for a long time. Then Vlad nodded.

"Either yours or mine, I don't see why not." 

"Thanks." Shouta smirked. He'd do right by that kid. He'd made up his mind after all. "We should go over your own class now." 

"Excuse us!" That was Mineta. What were his students doing here? 

"Yes?" Vlad called gruffly. "What is it?" 

"Sorry to interrupt, we were wondering about the form we turned in a few days ago. About the pool?" Kaminari waved a hand. 

"Oh," He remembered that now. "The school has granted you permission, you're allowed to use the pool until five p.m." 

Their visible excitement was at first suspicious, but his Alpha was with them. Midoriya may be a problem student in terms of his personal disregard for his own safety, but he was still a good kid. Responsible. 

"Thanks!" Kaminari cheered. 

"You won't regret this sir," Mineta and Kaminari bowed and Midoriya joined them. Suspicious still. 

"You said you wanted to use the pool for endurance training, yes?" Shouta asked and narrowed his eyes threateningly at his students. That wasn't like Mineta or Kaminari. But if Midoriya was there maybe they had figured they would fall further behind if they didn't put more work in. The final exam was eye opening for everyone. "Make the time count." 

"Yes sir!" Mineta and Kaminari said at the same time. They scurried off and Shouta growled. 

"Well, they're just going to goof off." Vlad laughed. 

"I know," Shouta shook his head and looked at his colleague. They still had work to do and not much time to do it. 

 


 

"So, we're using the pool to improve our stamina?" Izuku asked as they changed in the locker room to change. Now he understood the vague things his class mates had said to get him to come along. "It's a great idea. Plus if we're at school we can use our quirks. It's the perfect way to train!" 

"Haha! Just what you'd expect from us heroes!" Kaminari and Mineta gestured at him with saluting finger guns. 

"You know what were gonna do! Go beyond PLUS ULTRA!" Mineta chanted and they pointed. 

"Ultra!" Izuku grinned and pointed as well. 

He followed behind the other two teens as they raced down the hall towards the roof pool. They were rather excited. "There you are slow pokes!" 

"No, no, no, what the heck are you guys doing here?!" Mineta cried. Izuku walked up to where Iida had greeted them and smiled at his Delta. 

"Since were doing endurance training at the pool, I messaged everyone to come join us." Izuku smiled happily and blinked when they seemed entirely put out. Did they not want the whole class together? It was more fun when they all trained as a group. 

"Oh hey!" A collection of female voices called out. Izuku saw the girls were across the pool stretching. They had mentioned to him during the make-up session they were going to the pool to enjoy their bit of summer before the trip. Maybe they wouldn't mind training with the rest of the class. Almost everyone was here. 

"Kaminari, Mineta, nice work. I'm proud of you for suggesting more training. You're an asset to our class." Iida padded across the pool towards the two boys. They had probably only wanted to do this to spy on the girls now that Izuku thought about it. "Let me thank you." 

Iida picked them up with a laugh and dragged them to the rest of the class. What a good Delta. 

 


 

"Alright everyone, time to take a fifteen-minute breather." Iida called to the class as they took a break from their swimming. Izuku's muscles hummed pleasantly. "I brought these for everyone please drink up!" 

Izuku hauled himself out of the pool to catch his breath while everyone broke off to relax and recharge with Iida's drinks. He watched the girls as they tossed a volleyball between each other. That was good dexterity training. Maybe they wouldn't mind him joining them later.   

"Hey Midoriya," Iida came over and offered him a can of an orange drink. "Looks like you could use a break." 

"Thanks." Izuku took the can and drained it in one go. He looked at Iida and tilted his head. "Something wrong?" 

"No," Iida shifted and sat down on one of the start platforms. "It's just funny is all. At the entrance exams I couldn't imagine the two of us would get along, much less become such good friends. I guess if I'm honest I didn't think much of you back then. And yet during the practical exam, you put Uraraka ahead of yourself. Even though saving her meant you might not pass."

Izuku didn't know Iida had thought all that. He'd been more irritated that Iida was accosting his mate in class. Or challenging him by questioning his innate dominance. But now they were pack. "I was so happy." Izuku confessed and sat on the next platform. "It was always a dream of mine to attend All Might's Alma Mater one day. Even though I knew it was a longshot with such a well-known villain quirk like mine. And when the fitness test threatened to send someone home I was so afraid it would be me. I didn't want to lose control of my wolf. Or show I couldn't use it as proficiently as anyone else could their own quirks. 

"But you never gave up." Iida added and Izuku smiled at him. No, no he hadn't. "Not during combat training either." 

Izuku remembered that fight. When he and Kacchan had gotten the full measure of each other in battle. When he'd pushed One For All and hurt himself, getting burned by Kacchan in the process. His mate had not handled that well. But it had opened Kacchan up to him, so he knew just what his mate had been feeling all along. It was the catalyst to their union being solidified by fangs and pleasure. 

"You weren't perfect," Iida stood and looked at him. "But I felt your drive and tenacity then. I believe that’s why Bakugou and I lost to you that day." 

"Thanks Iida," Izuku smiled softly. "But I'm only here because so many people helped me get here. That's why I'll work harder from now on!" 

"Deku!" Kacchan's deep snarl filled the air. Izuku jumped in surprise. He's assumed Kacchan was busy and they'd met later since he hadn't come to the pool. "Where the hell were you?! I went by your place early and you were gone!" 

"Kacchan?!" Izuku frowned, still surprised. "Didn't you get the text?!" 

"Hey!" Kirishima jumped between them apologetically. "Got your message, sorry I was late. It took a while to meet up with Bakugou and explain that you were here." 

"So Deku, gonna work harder fun now on?!," Kacchan growled. "You wanna settle who's the best between us right now?!" 

Had he decided it was a match now? Izuku smiled ruefully, of course he had. He'd heard endurance training, paired it with Izuku heading out early, and somehow the missed communication in the class group text had ignited Kacchan’s drive to fight. And fighting between them was usually done in a dominance battle. 

"You wanna fight Kacchan?" Izuku growled and his mate smirked darkly. 

"We could make this training a contest?" Iida suggested, completely oblivious to the fact that they were going to have a dominance fight. But if it was the whole class fighting it lost its edge. "Hey everyone, I propose that we see which of the boys can swim 50 meters the fastest! A friendly race!" 

"Yeah!" Kaminari called with a grin. 

The rest of the class showed their eagerness and Izuku sighed, he and Kacchan would compete but this dominance fight would have to be postponed. Kacchan looked away and a wash of acknowledgement wafted through their mating link. 

"Iida!" Yaoyorozu called from where the girls had gathered. "Let us help you out." 

"Please." Iida grinned at them. 

"And quirks?" Ojiro asked. "Can we use them?" 

"We're at school, so it shouldn't be a problem." Iida shrugged. "However, we cannot cause damage to a classmate or the building." 

"I'm gonna annihilate you Deku." Kacchan growled in the spirit of the race. It might not be a dominance fight, but it was still a challenge. Izuku nodded with bared teeth that sharpened. "And you too IcyHot! You bastard!" 

They ended up drawing lots for the match ups they would go through. Kacchan ended up against Kaminari, Koda, Tokoyami, and Mineta. As soon as Yaoyorozu blew her whistle Kacchan soared over the water with his quirk. Oh, he'd apparently named the technique Burst Speed Turbo. Izuku bit his lip in amusement. Kacchan made it across first, "How was that you extras!" 

"What do you think you're doing!" Sero exclaimed in outrage. 

"You didn't even touch the water!" Kirishima yelled.

"It's called freestyle swimming!" Kacchan shouted back and Izuku burst out laughing. His mate was so silly! 

It pretty much devolved after that. The next group had Kirishima, Sato, Sero, Aoyama, and Todoroki in it. All of them decided to just use quirks. Aoyama ended up losing power halfway and took Sero out midair Todoroki landed on the other side much to the chagrin of Kaminari and Mineta. "You're supposed to be swimming!" 

"Last group on your marks!" Yaoyorozu called and Izuku got up to join Iida, Shoji, and Ojiro. He got into the position on the platform and when the bell blew he jumped into the water. He was making good headway too, until he looked over and saw Iida gliding along the lane divider. He activated Full Cowl and sped through the water powerfully. 

Iida cheated and he wasn't going to let his Delta beat him here. Izuku surged forward despite the obvious use of Recipro-Burst. He touched the wall first and everyone cheered. He got out and helped Iida up since he'd fallen in the water "Whew, you beat me, good work." 

"Well, I couldn't just let you cheat Iida." Izuku smirked sharply. "You were pretty amazing though." 

Izuku looked up from where they were laughing as a wash of something complicated and deep flowed from the pack bond. He and Iida looked to where Todoroki was looking at his left arm. They all locked eyes and the bond between them unfurled. Camaraderie, and deep trust built from battle linked them. This was his fighting unit. If anything threatened the pack, these two would fight at his back. And he would do anything for them. 

 


 

"UA High School was attacked during a routine training session. It would come to be referred to as the USJ Incident." Tsukauchi's voice was resonating and clinical as he went over everything the police had on their investigation. "Then there were the attacks by the Hero Killer: Stain and the League of Villains in Hosu City. It's now known as the Hosu Incident. And just a few days ago, Shigaraki Tomura, thought to be the leader of the League of Villains, cornered Midoriya Izuku. A student at UA High. As far as we can tell the League of Villains hasn't made a move since." 

"That's true," It wasn’t reassuring to Toshinori though. "I'm sure they're just in the shadows waiting to strike though." 

"It's likely yes." Tsukauchi agreed. "The police are currently working alongside other heroes to get as much information as possible, when we do find out where they are hiding we'll need you, All Might."  

Toshinori activated his hero body and flexed his fingers where he had them pressed together. He stood up and looked at his good friend. "I won't disappoint you, Tsukauchi." 

He couldn't turn a blind eye to this. His student was attacked, it was the third time his students were involved in this League of Villains. And if Gran Torino was right, All for One might be behind it all. It was a blatant challenge against him, and his inner wolf snarled at it. They would meet that challenge and protect their gaggle of pups.  

 


 

"It's time for the final race," Iida announced. "Bakugou, Todoroki, Midoriya, as winners of each heat you'll fight for first place. Understand?"

"Got it!" Izuku nodded. 

"Listen up Half and Half!" Kacchan growled at their Beta. "Don't you dare hold back like you did in the sports festival! Bring everything you've got." 

Somehow he'd gone from wanting to fight Izuku, to wanting to settled things with Todoroki. Izuku was going to have to fight Kacchan later. There was no other way, a dominance fight would settle his restless energy. 

"I will," Todoroki nodded. 

"You too!" Kacchan growled at Izuku. "Fight to win!" 

"I will," Izuku met his mate's gaze and tilted his head back challengingly. "I promise." 

"Then the 50 Meter freestyle race will begin!" Iida called and they moved to take their places. The rest of the class cheered and egged them on. "Now on your marks!" 

Izuku saw Kacchan's hands were sparking, and Todoroki had ice coating the skin on his right side. Izuku activated Full Cowl and settled into a diving position. He would win this.

"Get set!" Iida called and blew his whistle. 

They all jumped at once. But as soon as Izuku was over the water it felt like his wolf was silenced and One For All snapped off of his skin. He splashed into the water in surprise. What on earth?! He surfaced in confusion 

"It's five p.m. your authorized pool time is over." Aizawa-Sensei walked out of the building towards them with his quirk activated. "Hurry up and go home." 

"Come on, just one more second!" Kaminari whined

"We were finally getting to the good part." Sero argued. 

Izuku winced in trepidation as their teacher only glared harder, looking totally menacing. He was scary even without his quirk activated, it was even worse when it was. "Are you questioning me?" 

"Not at all Aizawa-Sensei!" The whole class exclaimed at once.

 


 

Izuku was wasting a little time before he met up with Kacchan. He ended up at Dagobah Beach and remembered how far he'd come since he had first set foot on the trashy mess to train. Now it was clean and beautiful, the result of his labor. 

"Young Midoriya?" 

Izuku turned and was delighted to see his packmate and mentor walking over. "All Might, what are you doing here?" 

They flashed glowing eyes at each other in greeting. "I could ask you the same." 

"I'm here..." Izuku smiled when he thought back on everything they had been through together. "Because this is where we started." 

"Your summer training camp will be hard." All Might said gently. "Try your hardest." 

"I will!" 

*

Chapter 47: Dominance

Summary:

Izuku and Katsuki get into a dominance fight

Chapter Text

"You ready you shit?" Katsuki asked as he stretched and rotated his arms. It had been months since they last fought like this. Probably as far back as before their first date even. No quirks, just physical wrestling. 

Deku had been making decisions without him. Pack appointments and sharing his wolf form with others. Not that Katsuki had a problem with it, he was just possessive. He knew that, just as he knew he was going to need this to get past it all. It was the dance that mattered. 

Either he won and got his prize for winning, or Deku would win and it would be just as rewarding. This would be their first real dominance fight without interference or anyone else getting in the way. 

"Yes, are you ready Kacchan?" Deku smirked at him. Fucking smirked! Katsuki was going to wipe that look off his boyfriend's face. He crouched low, knees bent and loose enough to dodge. The furniture of his living room spread out to give them room. 

Deku wore a t-shirt and baggy shorts as he paced around Katsuki. His eyes started to glow. Shit, that shouldn't be as fucking hot as it was. Without warning Katsuki dove in and tackled the nerd around his midsection. But the moment he had him on the ground, the damn werewolf rolled away. 

Katsuki got to one knee and deflected a kick aimed for his head. He grabbed that leg and pulled the other teen to the ground. They ended up in a grapple as they got back to their feet. Katsuki twisted, he was going to win dammit! Deku swept his legs and Katsuki hit the ground with less force than if he were standing. 

Deku's growl preceded a break in their fighting, he rolled to the side and saw his boyfriend crouched. Claw tipped fingers dug into the carpet, and his glowing eyes settled on Katsuki with intent. "Why are you so mad Kacchan?" 

"You got held hostage by that scrawny hand fuck!" Katsuki growled. "And where was I? Here, working out!" 

"He just surprised me; I didn't go looking for him. And I wasn't hurt." Deku smiled with sharp teeth. "You can even mark my throat if it makes you feel better. It'll erase the feeling of his fingers." 

They lunged at each other again. Legs tangling as Katsuki swung a punch. Deku dodged it and grabbed his arm to throw him over his shoulder. Katsuki hit the floor and got winded. But before the damn nerd could capitalize on the advantage, Katsuki retaliated. He locked his boyfriend's arm under his and grabbed a handful of hair. He yanked until he had his mouth on Deku's throat. 

And that was it, he'd won. 

"K-Kacchan." Deku looked down at him with wide eyes when he let go. 

"I win." Katsuki growled. 

"Kacchan," Deku shifted until they were pressed torso to hips. Damn, Katsuki had won. He felt a filthy grin come over his face. He'd won the dominance fight. 

"You're mine Izuku." He growled as he licked up his boyfriend's throat. He left marks behind as he worked his way over to the bite mark peeking from under his shirt. He fit teeth into the scar and worried it between his teeth. Predictably Izuku bucked into him. Katsuki released his arm and ran his hands up the baggy shirt and over a muscled back. 

"K-Katsuki." Deku panted and bucked his hips. 

"Wanna fuck?" Katsuki asked cheekily as he delved his hands into Izuku's shorts. Grabbing handfuls of plush ass and pulling the cheeks apart. Izuku flushed and gasped, that was real damn pretty on him. 

"Please," Izuku begged and Katsuki released him. 

"My room, now." He scrambled up and egged Izuku on as they raced through the hall and up the stairs to the second level. He shut and locked the door to his bedroom behind them.

He reached out mentally and touched the closed off bond between them. Izuku stripped his clothes off and looked at him with those damn glowing eyes. 

"Katsuki," Izuku tipped his head to the side, exposing his neck and mating mark to him. To anyone else that gesture wouldn't mean much at all. But Katsuki knew it for what it was, submission. At least until the next dominance fight. 

Katsuki was going to savor this time. Because who knew if they would be able to slip off and fuck at the training camp. Katsuki crossed the room and stripped as he went. He shoved Izuku onto the bed and got a giggle for his effort. Claws circled his biceps as he bent over the muscled torso of his boyfriend. 

He bit down harshly on one nipple and Izuku growled, even as he pushed into the bite. The smell of forests bloomed around him and he gave into the heightened senses. Their bond opened a bit and a flood of want and love swamped his brain. 

"Fuck," Katsuki cursed and mouthed over to nip and tongue the other nipple. He looked up and Izuku's glowing eyes were almost black they were blown so wide. 

"Kacchan, your eyes..." Izuku tossed his head back and squirmed under his hands. "They're glowing." 

He could live with that. 

 


 

Looking into glowing red eyes was new. So very new, they were a totally different color than Aizawa-Sensei's. Katsuki's glowing eyes were a thin ring of red behind wide black pupils. Izuku felt his mate's surprise, but it was buried under a deeper hunger. 

He arched when Katsuki dropped his head down to press sucking kisses to his chest and abs. His arms sliding down Izuku's ribs. Izuku's nerves went wild with sensation. Katsuki reared up and in a full body arch his cock slid up alongside Izuku's. 

"You're mine," Katsuki breathed as he leaned down to Izuku. Their lips meshed and tongues battled to delve deep in each other’s mouths. He arched and their cocks brushed again sending fire along his balls. 

He felt Kacchan back up again and he sank down to take Izuku into his mouth. Izuku felt the whine as it bubbled up his throat when tight wet heat swallowed him down. He reached out to the bedside table and fumbled through the drawer until he found his mate's lube. He passed it down and Katsuki looked up at him slyly. 

Izuku spread his legs wider and gasped when his mate smirked and tongued the underside of his cock. He pulled away with a deep suck that threatened to bring Izuku closer to orgasm than he wanted to be. Izuku rolled once his mate pulled away. He couldn't keep looking into his mate's glowing eyes and be held responsible for how quickly this ended. 

Katsuki just kneed his legs further apart and poured a liberal amount of lube straight into the crack of his ass. He shivered as his mate palmed him and spread him open. Thumbs rubbed over him and Izuku keened. Katsuki delved one finger in easily, and after a moment pushed for a second one. The burn was so welcome, Izuku shivered and moaned. 

"You look so good Izuku." Katsuki chuckled. "I keep forgetting how well you take me, like you can't get enough." 

"I can't." Izuku panted and angled into the fingers. Katsuki slipped a third one in and crooked them before spreading all of them wide. "Katsuki."

"That's right." Katsuki breathed. He'd never grow tired of this. Of hearing his mate speak to him when overwhelmed with pleasure. He did that. "I can't get enough either." 

Katsuki pulled his fingers free and stood up from the bed. He looped one arm around one of Izuku's legs. Turned into his side Izuku fisted the bed sheets and tipped his head back as Katsuki sank into him.

It was always so unbelievably right having him there. The fullness and intimate slide was like fusing them into one. With their mating bond open it boiled with feelings of possession and deep desire.

"Katsuki," Izuku gasped when his mate was pressed firmly into his prostate. Waves of pleasure burned thrive his body and he sucked in a breath as his skin itched.

"Mine, Izuku." Katsuki rolled his hips without staring back. And it just rolled the head of his cock over Izuku's prostate. He sank claws into the bed and cried out. His cock ached in response.

Izuku's mate pulled almost out and thrust back in slow, but deliberate. Drawing out the pleasure. He was panting, moaning wantonly as he tried to push into each thrust. But Katsuki wasn't letting him move. 

Izuku's growl rumbled out and when he looked at his mate pleadingly he was greeted by Katsuki's shit eating grin. Those glowing eyes had fixed on him hungrily. 

Well damn, if Katsuki was going to play dirty, Izuku was going to have to retaliate. 

Izuku twisted his hips to unbalance his mate. Towering on his feet but bending Izuku's leg up, he looked perfect. Izuku hooked his ankle over one pale shoulder and tipped his head back. Exposing every line of his neck for his mate. A show of trust, a show of love and submission to the moment. 

Teeth traced along his Adam's apple suddenly in answer and Izuku whined again. Then Katsuki leaned back up. He slipped his hand around Izuku's thigh and stared down at him hotly. "You better hang the fuck on."

Izuku smiled as his mate drew back to snap his hips forcefully. It tore a yelp from him. But it was cut off by a deep moan coming from somewhere that was purely wolf in origin. A wave of satisfaction swept through their bond and he closed his eyes in silent rapture. 

Izuku gripped the bed and arched his hips in a roll that met each new brutal thrust head on. Each violent push into his body was a claim. A statement that right now Katsuki owned Izuku. That alone was unbearably intoxicating. That's how Katsuki fucked him. Like he was screaming ownership as loudly as he could.

Izuku opened his eyes and saw Katsuki had thrown his own head back. Ash bond hair shifting as he pumped his hips into Izuku's. He was absolutely breathtaking. 

"Izuku," Katsuki growled out, his voice strained and husky with desire. "Touch yourself."

Izuku reached down to jerk his cock. It was a sweet agony. He whimpered as the pleasure assaulted him from all sides. From the exquisite burn of his mate spearing him hard, to the constant pressure on his prostate, to even the ache of his cock as he fisted it.

Katsuki's free hand slid over his fingers and they were touching his straining erection at the same time. Pairing that with the relentless pace Katsuki set with his own cock it was too much.

Izuku threw his head back and a howl tore from his throat. Katsuki gasped from above and his hips stuttered. Izuku's orgasm slammed into him mid howl and he splashed onto his stomach. Katsuki jerked out of him all at once and came in long ropes across Izuku's cock and abs.

The air was charged with the tension. Izuku topped his head to the side and Katsuki learned down. Their bodies slid against each other, abs slotting together like puzzle pieces. Blunt human teeth sank into his mark and Izuku shuddered. His chick valiantly tried to twitch, but he was spent for the moment. 

When Katsuki got his breath back he released the bite and kissed his neck. "Winning is good."

"You think so?" Izuku laughed. "Well it's fun when you win."

"Hmm," Kacchan nosed across his cheek and they kissed. Izuku chased his blood around in his mate's mouth. Then they pressed their foreheads together. Already the red glow was feeding back to his usual color.

"Still mad?" Izuku asked. 

"Wasn't mad in the first place," Kacchan mumbled. Izuku smiled and ran his now human hands across his mates arm and back. "Worried." 

"You're so funny Kacchan." Izuku pushed the affection he felt to his mate. When they pulled apart, more than a bit sticky Izuku just pushed the mess further into their skin. "I love you."

"Love you too you shit." Kacchan kissed him languidly again before he stood up." Come on. We need a shower, then I gotta pack. "

"Oh, I need to do that too." Izuku noted. They were leaving for the summer camp the next day. He sat up and shook his head. Kacchan held out his hand with a furious blush on his face. His mate was too cute. 

*

Chapter 48: Wild Wild Pussycats

Summary:

Time for the Summer Training Camp!

Notes:

Thank You everyone for the comments ;3

For Just_Will, who suggested an interaction between Katsuki and Kouta.

Chapter Text

"Now that you've finished up your first semester at UA High, it's time for summer to officially begin. However, don't think these will be months of rest for you heroes in the making." Aizawa-sensei glared at their class. "At this camp we're going to push you beyond your limits. You're aiming to become PLUS ULTRA." 

"Yes Sir!" The class cried out excitedly. 

Izuku relaxed and shared a heated look with Kacchan as their teacher moved off. "I'm so psyched!" Uraraka exclaimed excitedly as she raced over. "I've been looking forward to this camp for weeks Deku!" 

"Yeah, it's definitely going to be fun." He agreed with a grin. 

"Let's hear it for camp! Yeah!" Uraraka cheered and started a chant that Ashido and Kaminari immediately jumped in on. Kacchan huffed from where he stood, but a feeling of begrudging amusement flowed from within their bond. 

"I heard some of Class A is taking extra courses! Does that mean they actually failed the final exams?!" A manic voice exclaimed. Izuku turned to see Monoma had approached their class. Kacchan sneered from where he stood and started forward a step. "That must be so embarrassing, especially since you're supposed to be so much better than my class. All of you must be wallowing in shame!" 

Kendo appeared behind his contorted form and casually chopped him on the top of the head. She was a rather efficient alpha, always able to keep her class in line. Izuku respected that, maybe he could hit her up for pointers. Kaminari and Mineta could use a firmer hand to keep them from their antics. Kendo picked up the collapsed student again and smiled at them, "Don't mind him." 

Izuku looked over and smile when he saw the rest of 1-B was there. This was a joint trip after all. He was suddenly interested in their quirks, how they trained, and what their classes were like in comparison to 1-A's. 

"Everyone, our bus is here!" Iida was gesturing wildly. Izuku sighed with a weary smile. "Please line up in seating order!" 

They shuffled into the bus and got seated. "Here's the deal," Aizawa-Sensei grumbled at them from his seat. "We'll be on this bus for about an hour before our first stop. Make sure you stay focused."  

"Why aren't we blasting some music?" Kaminari exclaimed. 

"No one should be standing, that is a safety hazard!" Iida exclaimed next to Izuku. Then he stood up himself to chastise Tooru, Aoyama, and Sero. Izuku waved his hands frantically and reached out to his mate to draw some mental comfort. Kacchan instead sent him a feeling of rebuff. He was on his own, figures. 

The noisiness was getting to be too much. Izuku lifted his hands to cover his ears. Damn, why hadn't he packed something to cut out the noise? Suddenly pair of noise cancelling headphones settled on his head and he whipped around to see Kacchan there. His mate's red eyes bore into him with exasperation. Izuku traced his fingers over his mate's fingers before the explosive teen shuffled back to his seat. 

The hour went smoothly after that, he could still hear everyone, but it was muted. With his wolf no longer anxious about being crammed in with everyone, and Kacchan projecting a steady stream of protective Ness, he was able to relax. 

Once they stopped Izuku took a moment to stretch his muscles and inhale the fresh air. "Finally, I needed off that bus!" Kaminari whined. 

"Out of my way, I need to pee!" Mineta streaked off to the cliff edge they had pulled off to. It was a nice fenced off point overlooking the mountains around them. The forest scent seeped into him and he felt the comfort of it. Even while he felt unease at being in the woods proper again. Little copses of wilderness around parks or in the city was one thing. He hadn't honestly been to the woods since the night he became a werewolf. 

Kacchan paced over and wrapped his arms around him. That was when Izuku realized he was shaking. "Alright, nerd?" 

"Yeah, my wolf is excited." Izuku admitted. It was true, he wanted to shift shape and take off running though the undergrowth. The human part of him was still seeing blood, fire, and monster chasing him. 

Izuku's face was pressed to his mate's neck and Izuku shuddered. The pack bond opened up at the same moment his mating one did. Comfort and worry from Iida and Todoroki burned into him. He looked over and they were still with the rest of the class. They were paying attention though and had noticed something was wrong. Aizawa-sensei watched him coolly from a few feet away as well. 

He was safe. Lycan was still imprisoned. And Kacchan would never let him lose control of his wolf. 

Izuku inhaled deeply and centered himself. The scent of the forest was drowned out by nitroglycerine. Then saline and linen, Engine oil, winter fires, and pack. He was centered, and his wolf eased back into full reigns. Nothing for him to be threatened or afraid of. 

Izuku stepped back and when Kacchan's hand came up to cup his jaw he met inquisitive eyes. "I'm fine Kacchan, thank you." 

"Hmm," Kacchan snorted and kissed his forehead then stepped away. Izuku watched his mate shuffle off to the rest of the group and smiled to get over his lapse in control. 

The class was talking about their location when Aizawa-sensei spoke up. "You didn't really think we stopped here so you could stretch your legs did you?" 

Izuku looked at his teacher curiously, what did that mean? The doors on the car that was parked near them snapped open. "Heya there Eraser!" A female voice called out. 

"Long time no see." Aizawa-sensei bowed his head to the two women who climbed from the car. 

"Your feline fantasies are here! Say Meow!" The brunet in a red skirt and double-breasted top that showed her midriff. She had large white cat paws and a red tail. Her skirt held a utility belt, and on her head was support gear designed like cat ears. She made a circle from her paw covered fingers and looked through while she went through the motions of her entrance. 

"Perfectly cute and cat like girls, you can call us-!" The blond in a matching blue uniform, flew into formation with her. There was a boy however, who just stood off to the side sullenly.

"The Wild Wild pussycats!" They announced together. 

"These are the heroes you'll be working with at the summer training camp." Aizawa-sensei explained to the class that seemed completely stunned. Izuku vibrated in place in utter excitement. The Wild Wild Pussycats were and amazing team of heroes!

"They're a four-person team who specialize in mountain rescues!" Izuku exclaimed as his mind blew up with his fanboy outpouring. His pack mates and boyfriend decisively cut him off mentally. "The Pussycats were founded when we were kids, like forever ago! This marks their twelfth year -" 

He was cut off when a plush paw covered his face viciously. "I'm pretty sure your mouth must be off!" The blond Pussycat, Pixie-Bob, hissed as she glared at him. She even gave him a sinister smile. Oh, he'd totally crossed a line. "I'm eighteen at heart." 

"Understood." Izuku conceded apologetically. His mate unhelpfully snickered from his place with the class. 

"Everyone, say hello." Aizawa-sensei ordered. 

"Hello, nice to meet you." The class greeted as one. It was best to be respectful to their superiors. Izuku needed to keep a lid on his fanboy statistics. Not everyone was amused by his analysis and total recall of hero information. 

"We own this whole stretch of land out here, everything the eye can see." The brunet Pussycats, Mandalay, pointed off the lookout point they stood on. "The summer camp you're staying at is there, at the base of the mountain." 

That was really far out there. Right in the heart of the forest. Izuku stiffened up again but reminded himself that his pack was with him. They were strong, and they had Kacchan to protect them. That allowed him to keep his head on. He had faced off against villains with less of his wolf freaking out. The forest was a part of him. His human mind didn't need to fear it. 

"Uh, then why did we stop all the way up here?" Uraraka asked. 

"I'm afraid we all know the answer to that." Asui intoned knowingly. Izuku stiffened, no... in his miniature panic attack he hadn't even thought to be suspicious. 

"That can't be right." Sato shook his head in disbelief. Izuku wished he could go back and hide in the bus. Why had he gotten out in the first place?!

"Quick, back on the bus," Sero whispered. 

"Good idea," Kaminari patted Koda on the arm. "Load up." 

"The current time is nine thirty in the morning." Mandalay said with a sly grin on her face. "If you're fast about it, you might make it there by noon."

"No way, guys!" Kirishima gasped. 

"Holy crap!" Ashido shrieked. 

"Save yourselves!" Everyone started sprinting for the bus. 

"Any kitties who don't make it there by noon don't get any lunch!" Mandalay teased. 

"You should have guessed students." Aizawa-sensei spoke through their panic mercilessly. "The training camp has already begun." 

Pixie-Bob jumped between the class and the bus. She slammed her hands down on the ground and they were swept away in a torrent of earth. It felt like an earth slide. Izuku was roiled through it and shoved his body into a transformation. She must have been controlling the ground, he needed to come out of it without injury. 

"Good news! This is private land, so feel free to use your quirks as much as you want to!" Mandalay said from above.

Izuku stood in shredded clothes in his wolf form. His panted and shook as panic warred for control of his mind. But he beat it back ruthlessly. Kacchan stumbled over to him to see if he was going to lose it. His eyes said he was ready to handle it if Izuku was. Izuku drew on his mate's calm energy and managed to settle himself down.

"You've got three full hours; you should be able to make it to the facility in that time. That is, if you can get through the Beast Forest." Mandalay finished. 

Izuku looked up at the forest looing ahead of him. The Beast Forest?!

"That sounds like a name right out of a fantasy game!" Kaminari exclaimed. 

"Why do we keep falling for Aizawa's tricks?" Jirou groused. 

"I guess there's no use complaining, better get going." Kirishima looked over to them and Izuku looked down. He wanted to check on his pack, but he didn't trust his human mind not to panic his wolf mind. 

Mineta raced off from the group and Izuku's wolf instincts surged to the forefront. Their weakest member was rushing off, that was a problem. His hackles raised as he heard the massive body moving through the trees. A giant creature edged into sight. Massive muscles and no eyes, teeth and tusks opened in a roar as it reared an arm into the air. 

"Please calm yourself my giant friend, you don't want to hurt him!" Koda yelled out in a surprisingly high-pitched voice. No doubt trying to use his quirk on the giant creature. Izuku wasn't going to wait to see if it worked. He activated Full Cowl and lunged forward. His wolf form was perfect as he slipped in and snatched Mineta up by the back of his shirt. He took off with the tiny teen in his teeth. 

He crouched low and growled threateningly. Koda's quirk-controlled animals, but this thing didn't respond. As it turned to him a piece of its head fell away, and it smelled of dirt. So it wasn't even alive like an animal was. It was Pixie-Bob's quirk. 

 


 

"Don't you think you've got them on a pretty crazy schedule Eraser?" Mandalay asked him. 

"Yeah," He huffed. "We're trying to get an entire second semesters worth of knowledge in them here. Doing that's going to take an intense amount of work. But the rewards will be worth it." 

Hopefully his mate was making headway back at UA with the student he couldn't bring with him. "They'll get permits to use their quirks if ever there's an emergency, and provisional licenses that will allow them to work as heroes. Most importantly, with all the villain activity we've been tracking they need to be able to defend themselves." 

He looked into his old friends eyes and she didn't look that pleased with the accelerated curriculum. But it wasn't really all that different from their own days at UA. His students had held their own so far, but they could do better. He knew they could, and it was his responsibility to guide them there. 

His packmates might be in his class. But in this case they were the ones who needed to learn. He would see to it they went through hell, so they came through stronger. That was what it meant to be a student at UA.

"I trust that I can count on you, Pixie-Bob." Shouta tilted his head. 

"Leave it to me!" She cried out dramatically. "Oh wow, my fur is standing on end!" 

 


 

Izuku reactivated Full Cowl once he'd deposited Mineta safely away. His mind burned as it opened to his mate and pack as cleanly as it had in Hosu. Todoroki had rushed forward and ice crept up the dirt creature's leg. Iida kicked out at it, "ReciproBurst!" 

"I'll kill you!" Kacchan arched into the beast at the exact same time and they both shattered the top half of its body. 

'Smash!' Izuku roared mentally as he shifted shape into his werewolf body and flung himself into a punch. The rest of the earthen body shattered.

"Wow, you guys took that beast down in seconds!" Sato exclaimed as he and Sero ran over to Todoroki. 

"That was awesome!" Sero smirked.

"You showed that thing who's boss." Kirishima laughed as he approached Kacchan. Izuku heaved a breath and forced down the fear still hanging. But he didn't have time for it, his pack bonds were strong between them. He could do this. He would do this. 

Kacchan glared from where he looked ahead and patted Izuku's side firmly. "We're not done." 

He was right, ahead of them the forest moved with more life. And not even natural life, it was more of those earthen creatures. And they had to make their way through all of that to get to the summer training camp location?

"Come on, don't you think this is a little extreme?!" Kaminari whined, as the one closest to them leapt into the air on wings.

"What now? Do we run?" Ashido asked frantically. 

"Not good," Sato looked up warily. "If we don't make it to the camp fast enough then we won't get anything to eat." 

"He's right, we have no choice but to cut through these woods using the shortest possible route." Yaoyorozu called them all together. 

"Alright," Iida called and they all gathered behind Izuku and Kacchan. "Let's go!" 

 


 

Izuku's classmates were making quick work of some of the other monsters. He slipped between them as Sero took down the flying monster for Kirishima and Sato to take out. Tokoyami and Ojiro teamed up against another. Ashido was throwing acid on various limbs to slow them down.

Kaminari and Mineta locked one in place and electrocuted it. Yaoyorozu blew two away with a cannon she created as Tooru and Ashido drew them to her. Uraraka and Asui took one down by throwing it high into the sky and taking it's weightlessness away so it smashed into useless bits and pieces. 

Todoroki froze one and Kacchan flung himself up to blast it in the face. As they landed and kept going they ran alongside each other. "You're in my way, IcyHot!" 

"Then pick another route." Todoroki growled back at the explosive teen. Izuku ran through the forest back in wolf form, his senses going wild as more creatures made themselves known. He could pinpoint each one just by reading the forest growth around him. 

"Midoriya, now!" Iida yelled and Izuku raced past him and jumped up to volley off of the trees and gain momentum as his body changed back into his werewolf shape. He flung out a fist and crumbled every creature he came into contact with. 

Hours passed as they worked together. Small breaks came in waves. And in those moments Izuku's instincts ran him in tight circles around the class. Scouting with Shoji to ensure they had a few minutes to regroup and press ahead. His fear was nonexistent at this point, with how well his senses were taking everything in he didn't have time for it now. 

His vigilance kept him moving, and as he was rejoining the class group it was later, closing in on the afternoon. They had passed lunch and his sharp gaze caught on a rabbit as it ventured from its tree hollow. He could see his classmates in the distance, feel his pack in the back of his mind. He needed to stay on top of the game. Make sure they were safe, and their safety meant many things. 

He needed to be able to fuel his quirks, and they hadn't made it to lunch. Izuku glared down at the rabbit, he'd not done this before. Usually he ate before he ran as a wolf. But it had been hours. Izuku crouched and waited as the rabbit ventured further and further from where it had hidden during all the commotion. 

Izuku lunged as it noticed him. He scrambled after it as it fled. The rabbit spilled into the small forest clearing and he snapped it up in one great snarling bite. Instantaneous death, no pain, it was the most humane he could be. He sat it back on the ground and huffed with the exertion it had taken to catch the little bugger. 

"Oh my god!" A female cry drew his head up. The girls of his class were promptly freaking out. He tilted his head curiously. Why were they freaking out? 

"That was so cool!" Someone else called from where the boys were taking their breather. "He just snapped it out of the air." 

Oh, he looked down at the rabbit and whined, he'd killed it right in front of his class. They were probably horrified. Or disgusted. 

He hadn't ever eaten anything raw. When he tracked animals as a kid he'd caught and released them. "Deku," Kacchan growled from where he was rubbing his arms. "Fucking ignore them, you caught it. It's yours." 

His other pack mates looked away queasily, he'd frightened them. His mate walked over and patted his snout. Izuku whined again, but his mate shook his head and motioned to the rabbit. "It's your kill." 

It was his kill. He'd done that, he'd managed that. His blood was still running hot from the nonstop fighting they had been doing for nearly five hours. But it was selfish of him to eat by himself. "No, Deku we can't eat that shit. You're the only one who can stomach it." Kacchan said and Izuku tilted his head. "Go ahead, the extras can fuck off!" 

Everyone considerately looked away. So Izuku huffed and leaned down to tear into the rabbit. He ate it and picked the meat from the bones easily. But as he was licking the blood from his muzzle he tensed. He whipped around as more enemies appeared in the forest. And they were back at it. 

 


 

It was evening by the time they managed to drag themselves to the site of their training camp. Izuku lumbered with more than a few of his classmates holding onto his fur coat for support.

He was exhausted, Kacchan was cradling his arm, Iida was limping, Todoroki was shivering as frost was still lingering in some places on his body. But their pack bond ebbed away until it closed off and Izuku let it this time. They were safe. 

"I thought you said this would only be three hours?!" Sero collapsed. 

"I guess we timed it based on how long it would take us." Mandalay laughed. "Sorry."

"Now you're bragging about how much better you are?" Sato whined, "That's so mean." 

"I'm starving, this is hell!" Kirishima exclaimed pitifully. 

"Mew, mew, mew, mew, mew.” Pixie Bob hid her face in her paws. “I thought it would take you kids even longer! But you did much better against my dirt monsters than I thought you would. You guys were seriously great.”

 She drew her hands away from her face and looked at them slyly. Izuku decided he didn’t like cats anymore. He would never look at normal house cats the same again. Then she pointed to where Izuku was heaving with exhaustion, and Kacchan, Todoroki, and Iida hovered around him. “Especially the four of you. It seems you’ve had quite a bit of experience.” 

She licked her lips and ran at them, “I claim these kittens! I’ll groom them myself!” 

Izuku ignored her as she bustled around them. Izuku looked down and tried to will his wolf back enough to let him come back to human form. Kacchan stepped in front of him and used his good arm to wrap around his neck. Izuku closed his eyes and focused. 

The scent of Kacchan’s nitroglycerine sweat lulled him as he struggled back into human form. It wouldn’t be so bad if he hadn’t spent the first part of the day panicked out of his mind. He was going to need to work on that. “Come on Deku, you can do it.” 

Thank god for Kacchan. Izuku inhaled and trembled as his body finished its transformation. Slow and painful, he collapsed as his spine realigned and he let out a guttural cry as his arms and legs snapped back into the right position. His mate smoothed his hand along his back, it hadn’t hurt like that in years. 

“You good?” Aizawa-sensei had walked over holding out a gym uniform. Izuku took it gratefully and looked up as he got dressed. He spied the same kid from earlier on the lookout point standing next to Mandalay. 

“Hey Sensei, who is he?” Izuku asked curiously. His voice was raspy, and still very much wolf sounding. “What’s he doing here?”

“Oh, he’s actually my cousin’s son.” Mandalay grinned and kicked a leg up behind her. “He lives with us now. Don’t be shy Kouta, say hi to everyone. You’re gonna be around them for the next week.” 

The boy smelled of freshwater and leaves. Izuku tilted his head as his wolf tiredly noticed the child. Kouta wore a button up white shirt, black shorts, and black boots. A red hat covered his black hair and it had two gold horns protruding from it. He glared at them all, and frankly he reminded Izuku a bit of Kacchan. 

Izuku looked at his mate as he glared at him. Kacchan sneered as he responded to Izuku’s thought, “He doesn’t look like me Deku.” 

“I want to go introduce myself.” Izuku said. He’d been a wolf for hours, and this boy hadn’t freaked out at the sight of him.

Besides, Kacchan had told him about the kids he’d terrified at his workplace internship. Meeting another one who was more familiar with heroes would be a better chance to get past it. This was training after all, and training Kacchan to be able to interact with kids might be good for him. After all...Kacchan had said kids might be thing one day in their future. Izuku walked over and smiled.

“Hi there, I’m Midoriya Izuku. I’m from the UA Hero Course. It’s nice to meet you.” Izuku held out his hand and grinned his best. The kid wound up a fist and slugged him in response. Right in his groin. 

Izuku sucked in a pained breath as the kid glared up at him. Iida rushed over as fire and pure agony whipped through him. He hadn’t felt pain like this in years. Falling or racking himself was one thing. A straight punch was damn near otherworldly!

“Tch, that’s what you get Deku,” Kacchan chuckled. “You’ve got spunk brat.” 

Izuku watched through tears as his mate leaned over to look Kouta in the eye. That was when he struck again. This time nailing Kacchan in the groin as well. Kacchan choked on air and his hands sputtered with miniature explosions before he fell backwards on a wheeze of air. 

“What a low blow!” Iida exclaimed as he caught them both. “Fiendish child, a punch to the scrotum is unforgiveable!” 

“The last thing I want, is to hang around some wannabe heroes.” Kouta hissed menacingly. 

“Wannabe? How old are you?” Iida squawked outraged on their behalf. 

“Enough playing around.” Aizawa-sensei cut through the commotion. “Get your things off the bus. Put your bags in your rooms and then we can eat. You can bathe afterwards. But tomorrow your training starts in earnest. You’d better get a move on.” 

“D-Deku...” Kacchan strained as he tried to roll onto his side. Izuku squinted at his mate through his pain and remained hunched over into Iida. Moving was impossible right now. He couldn’t fathom getting up to get their luggage. “I changed...m-my mind. Fuck kids.” 

 


 

Izuku looked over the spread in front of them. He offered his bowl to Kacchan and his mate took a piece of meat from within. Izuku followed up and took a dumpling from his mate’s bowl. Then he set into the meal while Kacchan nudged their legs together.

The pain of being punched where it hurt most was now a faded thought. The indignity couldn’t quite stand up in the face of eating his fill.

The food also chased away the lingering taste of rabbit blood. In the moment it had been the most delicious thing he’d ever tasted. But that was a wolf moment, and right now, his human body demanded attention. 

They were told they would only get served this one night, and after that it would be up to them to prepare their own meals. After eating Izuku followed his mate to the onsen. He joined the other guys in bathing themselves of the sweat and grime of the forest before they moved into the hot spring. 

Izuku took his mate’s sore arm in hand to massage the muscles of their knots. Kacchan just tipped his head back and sighed. Izuku kissed his forehead and let his own aches be soothed by the hot water. 

“The food was great and all, but to be honest, I’m hungry for something else.” Mineta’s voice drew their attention to the wall that separated the boys onsen from the girl’s side. “Just one little wall, a few pieces of wood and Heaven is waiting on the other side. A bath full of boobs and babes, ready to be seen by yours truly.” 

“Are you talking to yourself again Mineta?” Izuku asked. Kacchan reached through the water and dug his nails into Izuku’s thigh in warning. Which Izuku understood, he’d been a target accomplice for Mineta’s antics twice now. 

Peeping still didn’t appeal to him. Not when he could look at his mate all he wanted. 

“Babes, my angels.” Mineta hugged the wall. “How stupid of them not to stagger the times we’d be naked next to each other. Ahh, I hope they never learn from their mistakes.” 

“It’s too much for him!” Kaminari chuckled. Far too many of them looked interested in the proceedings. Izuku let his mate cup his leg like the warning it was. He wasn’t getting caught up in it this time. 

“You’re to stop this at once Mineta!” Iida chastised as he marched through the bath towards their resident pervert. But Izuku feared the damage was done. “What you’re doing is demeaning, for the ’girls and yourself! It's shameful” behavior." 

“Now I know why I have this quick.” Mineta said with a serene expression on his face. He took one of his purple balls off his head and frantically began to use them to climb up the wall. 

“Damn pervert.” Kacchan snarled. 

“Get back here this instant!” Iida yelled. 

Mineta was climbing fast and Izuku huffed. He stood up and walked over. If anyone could catch Mineta it was him. Kacchan scoffed in disgust but Izuku still started on his way over to assist Iida in getting Mineta down. Right as Mineta reached the top Kouta appeared with a death glare. Izuku’s balls flinched in fear of the kid. He may be little, but he had iron fists.

“Before you become a hero.” Kouta snarled. “You should learn how to be a good human.” 

Kouta slapped Mineta across the face and their classmate teetered and fell. “I’ll get you for this!” 

Mineta fell right on Iida and took him into the water. Izuku shook his head and lifted a hand to apologize to the boy above. He’d was obviously on duty to prevent this kind of thing from happening. But he’d already turned his head.

“Mineta really is the worst isn’t he?” Asui’s voice called out. 

“Thanks a bunch Kouta babe!” Ashido yelled. “We owe you one!” 

Kouta stiffened and Izuku jerked back around when a scream came from the boy. He was falling from the wall. Izuku growled and activated Full Cowl. Izuku lunged and caught Kouta before he hit the ground. He crouched and cradled the boy close. Maybe the heat had gotten to him? 

“Whew, so close.” He hefted the boy up and looked him over. He’d passed out, that wasn’t good! 

He looked to his mate who just nodded dismissively. Izuku rushed out of the bath and headed towards the common area and the office. He spied Mandalay there. After explaining to her what happened she assessed him herself. 

“The rush from the fall likely caused him to faint. Thank you for bringing him here.” She settled Kouta on the office couch and laid a cold compress on his forehead. “Eraser said one of your male classmates was bit girl crazy. I stationed Kouta up there to keep watch. I suppose that’s the danger of teaching kids your age.” 

“Well anyway, I’m just glad he’s alright.” Izuku said. “Pups shouldn’t be hurt ever.” 

“Kittens.” Mandalay challenged with a cheeky smile. He looked away awkwardly which caused a smirk to steal over her face. “You must have moved pretty fast to catch him.” 

Izuku remembered the animosity in the boy’s voice when he said he didn’t want to hang around them. Wannabe heroes, he’d said.

“Hey, uh, he doesn’t like heroes very much does he?” Izuku winced, it wasn’t his business. This wasn’t a pack member, or even a pup he was familiar with. “It’s weird for me because I’ve only ever been surrounded by people who want to be heroes, and that includes me. I just thought it was unusual for a boy his age not to be more interested in all of this.” 

“How observant, to be expected of a wolf.” Mandalay leaned back in her chair with a sigh. “Of course he isn’t alone. There are many in our society that don’t approve of us. If he’d had a normal childhood maybe he would have admired heroes growing up.” 

“What happened?” Izuku asked. He was pushing his luck, and he knew it. But he’d never met a childlike Kouta before. 

“It was Mandalay’s cousins.” Pixie-Bob said as she entered. “Kouta’s parents that is, they were heroes too. But they were murdered.”  

“It was a villain, two years back Kouta was still so small. They were killed while protecting citizens. Perhaps the most respectable way for a hero to die. But-...” Mandalay trailed off looking anguished. Izuku felt his heart sink. Someone else had gone through what he had. Losing a parent to a murderous villain.

“How do you even begin to explain to a child that his parents died honorable deaths? They were his entire world. But to him, his parents had left him behind. And all the while they were being praised. Everyone kept telling him that his parent’s sacrifice was noble.” Mandalay looked heartbroken. “Honestly he doesn’t seem to like us that much either. We’re heroes like they were. I’m sure he feels stuck here because he has nowhere else to go. Heroes just don’t make much sense to Kouta. Afterall, if his parents hadn’t been heroes they would still be here.”

Izuku was reminded of Shigaraki and his manic views on how society smiled because of All Might’s reassurance. He was reminded of what everyone’s different views were on heroes over the past few months. All Might, Gran Torino, The Hero Killer, Shigaraki even. He didn’t have a reply for that. He broke away and headed off to get dressed. 

Kacchan was waiting in the hall and followed him into the bathroom. He cupped Izuku’s jaw as raw agony surfaced in him. Perhaps it was because he was in the forest, or because Kouta’s story was very similar to his own. Either way, he was swamped with grief for his father. Kacchan maneuvered him into getting dressed and dragged him outside to look up at the sky. His mate wrapped around him from behind like a silent support. 

‘I never wanted to be a hero, but I could see you did. I don’t ever want to be the father that tells his son to give up on his dreams. So you just be the best version of you, you can be Izuku. That's going to be my hero.' 

Those words were the start of everything. The rebirth of his dream. His father had kept it alive after it had been cruel stomped on by life. "I miss him Kacchan." 

"Yeah," His mate breathe against his neck.

Izuku looked at the stars and it was like he was back there, under the stars at his father's side. He was doing it though, being the hero his father believed he could be. Kouta was like the version of him that didn't have pack to fall back on.

Izuku tipped his head back and rested his head on his mate's jaw while he cried. Kacchan just held him and kept him from falling to pieces over his own personal pain. He'd done everything he could over the past ten years to keep Izuku together. "Thank you Kacchan." 

 


 

It was the five thirty in the morning and Katsuki was glaringly awake. His boyfriend looked much more together than he had the night prior. At least the werewolf had gotten the shit out of his system. Remembering his father's death and seeing it almost reflected in the damn demon kid, had fucked Deku up.

"Good morning students." Aizawa called over the whole class. "Today we begin the training camp that will increase your strength. Our goal is to increase your skills exponentially so that you can earn a provisional license. This will allow you to face the dangers that continue to fester in the darkness. So proceeded carefully. Look alive Bakugou." 

Katsuki looked up curiously to his teacher as a ball like the one from his first day of class was tossed to him. "Try throwing that for me." 

"Yeah sure," Katsuki said. "Like in the fitness test." 

"That's right, when you first started school your record was 705.2 meters. Let's see if you've improved." Aizawa watched him as he paced out from the class to a clear space. 

"I get it!" Black eyes exclaimed behind him with her bubbly voice. "We're checking our progress!" 

"A lot's happened to us the last three months." Tape Guy added in. "Maybe he can throw it a whole mile now." 

Tch, he'd blast it across the whole fucking mountain. Katsuki loosened up his arm with a few stretches and got ready to throw.

"Come on, get it Bakugou!" Shitty Hair called. 

"I've got this. No one blink, " Katsuki was ready, he smirked and wound up. He hurled the ball in a clean pitch and blasted on release. "GO. TO. HELL!" 

"That was 709.6 meters." Aizawa said calmly from behind him. Katsuki's eyes widened and he whipped around to look at his teacher. He was holding up his phone to show the result. 

"That's it?" Tape Guy asked incredulously. "That’s kind of disappointing." 

He'd only come as far as four meters?! No, he'd gotten more powerful! He'd gotten better! 

"You've only had a single semester at UA, and due to your various experiences you gave definitely improved." Aizawa addressed the class. "But those improvements have mostly been in mental prowess, and technical skill, with a slight increase in stamina along the way. As you can see your quirks have not improved much on a fundamental level. That's why were now going to focus on improving your powers."

Aizawa smiled threateningly at them. "This will be so hard you'll feel like you're dying." That fucking smirk was going to chase Katsuki's nightmares forever. "Let's see if you survive." 

*

Chapter 49: Kouta

Summary:

Training continues, and Izuku discovers he can't stay away from Kouta.

Notes:

Thank you for the comments everyone!

Chapter Text

"You're saying this is supposed to help me?" Katsuki glared down at the giant metal water barrel set in an open clearing. It was balanced on a couple bricks with a fire burning under it. Aizawa stood in front of him with a sharp look in his eyes. 

"You're immune to your own explosions. I've seen you eat things that would blister any normal person's tongue." The teacher huffed and shrugged. "It stands to reason you would be able to handle extreme heat as well. As your own body can put such things off itself. Am I right?" 

"Tch," Katsuki didn't like that he was so easy to read. At least Aizawa was someone he could expect to figure him out. And he was pack. 

"We're going to expand your sweat glands by exposing you to extreme heat. You'll then chain explosions until you break." Aizawa ordered.

Holy-!

Katsuki growled and thrust his hands into the water, it was boiling. Hot to the touch but it was not enough to truly hurt him. His tolerance was much higher, as his teacher had said. Instead Katsuki waited and threw his arms up to push the sweat through his body. Heating it and increasing the size of his explosions. He bent his fingers inward with his palms facing each other. 

It hurt the more he did it. He'd never thought to use this method. But he'd only increased his quirk abilities by four meters! He'd boil his arms down to the bone if he had to! He'd explode his hands until they bled to get better. He was going to be the best. He was going to prove to himself, to the world, to Deku, that he was worthy of being number one. 

 


 

"I see you have a strength quirk!" A manly voice boomed behind Izuku. He stiffened in shock and turned around. His momentary terror was immediately beat down by awe as he looked at the hulking hero that stood behind him. 

It was Tiger from the Wild Wild Pussycats!

Izuku struggled to contain his fanboy response. "Y-Yes Sir!" 

Tiger wore a matching skirt and sleeveless double-breasted coat to the other Pussycats. Only his outfit was brown, and his tail was striped. He was a buff hero who looked at Izuku like he was a weak speck. "Hmm, you need to strengthen your body more. I want to see you doing nonstop reps!" 

Izuku dove into the regimen paper he was handed and woke his body up from the sleepy haze it had been in. Lifting each alternating knee to his elbows as he stretched and repeated. Working muscles differently ran he'd been doing.

His panic over the forest was mitigated by working out. And the commanding presence of Tiger was enough to keep him moving. Even to the point of mindless repetition. 

"Let's see what you've got!" Tiger demanded as he returned after at least thirty minutes had passed. He braced with his knees apart and a fierce smirk on his face. 

Izuku nodded and activated Full Cowl at 5%. He threw a punch and the hero arched around the strike like it was nothing. His body moving like he didn't have any bones. Too slow! Izuku was punished for the failure by being struck into a tree. He was winded and stunned stiff. 

"If you don't push yourself, you won't shred your muscle fibers!" Tiger lectured. "And then you won't get stronger!" 

"Right, Sir..." Izuku strained back to his knees. Damn he hit hard, harder than even Kacchan could without his quirk. Such an extreme approach to getting stronger. 

"I can't hear you!" Tiger barked. 

"Right Sir!" Izuku called. 

"You wanna be Plus Ultra don't you?! Then show me what that means!" Tiger beckoned him threateningly with one white paw. 

"Yes Sir!" Izuku cried, he would do this and do it well. He needed to get stronger. One For All needed to be used better. Izuku morphed into his werewolf body. His wolf felt determined, so he decided to match it. 

"That's more like it! I want to see you pushing everybody you have!" Tiger laughed and clenched a fist. "Again and again, as fast as you can possibly change. Never stop your reps either!" 

"Yes Sir!" Izuku's deep rumbling growl enticed Tiger to grin dangerously. 

Izuku collapsed in the grass after a few hours of rapidly shifting in the middle of physical exercise. He panted for breath and clenched his fists. He'd come a long way since he'd first gotten One For All. Thanks to Gran Torino he'd found a way to use it safely. But it was still up to him to move forward. It was up to him to get over his fear of the woods too. It was getting in the way. 

Izuku jumped to his feet and his werewolf body rippled over him one more time. "Yeah!" He yelled to pump himself up. 

"That's right!" Tiger exclaimed as Izuku got back to his feet. The hero's sharp eyes lighting with equal energy. "Tear that weak quirk apart and make it stronger!" 

"Yes Sir!" Izuku roared. 

He lunged into the forest and his werewolf body roiled out just as fast. He tore through the underbrush and passed Iida absently. Full Cowl flickered over him and made him faster. He used it as long as possible and let it flicker away before activating it again. He kept it up beyond the point of exhaustion. He would get stronger! 

 


 

Katsuki sighed as he gathered with the rest of the extras, including the 1-B weakling, for their dinner. Deku leaned on his side and looked dead on his feet. He'd just crawled out of the forest looking half panicked but exhausted. 

"Like I said before!" Fucking Pixie-Bob exclaimed excitedly as she gestured at a table of ingredients. "We're not serving your food anymore!" 

"You guys wanna eat? You'll have to make your own meals!" Ragdoll giggled next to the blond. Ugh, did they have to pose when they did everything? This hero group was fucking exhausting. Especially this teal haired psychopath, and the bodybuilder that made up the other half of the team. Katsuki was too tired to even inspire his usual levels of rage. "Starting with curry!" 

"Yes ma'am." The crowd of dead-on-their-feet students sighed around them. Deku whined into Katsuki's shoulder and he lifted an aching arm to wrap his boyfriend into a half hug. 

"Oh man, do you guys look exhausted!" Ragdoll laughed manically. "But that doesn't mean you can coast by making sloppy cat food!" 

"I see, an important part of saving someone from a disaster is providing for their dietary needs." Glasses got all stupidly introspective again. "Ah, this is a great opportunity. Let's make the most delicious curry in the world everybody!" 

Katsuki just didn’t have it in him to be an asshole right now. At least it was just curry, he could do curry in his sleep. Deku nuzzled him and inhaled deeply to try and gain a second-...no, that came around eleven am. A tenth wind? 

Fuck he was too tired for this shit. 

He ended up stationed at a grill and Tape Guy looked at him as IcyHot lit one of the stoves. "Bakugou give us an explosion." 

"This is so beneath me." Katsuki growled and held out his hand. He lit a fairly tame explosion, but it still damaged the grill. 

"Rely on others and you'll never learn to start a fire yourself." Big Hair chided them as she created a lighter from her palm. "We should focus on acquiring new skills." 

Katsuki stomped off as IcyHot lit more stoves to the excitement of everyone around them. Deku smiled at Katsuki and dragged him over to the food stations to help chop vegetables and prepare seasonings. Fuck that Half and Half bastard. 

The whole process took a while but by the time they all sat down to eat he and Deku shared the first few bites to the curiosity of the other students. Katsuki wasn't going to explain anything to them so he leveled a fierce glare instead. They were the Alphas, no one needed to question their mating habits. 

"If this was a restaurant I'd send this crap back." Shitty Hair growled into his dish and Katsuki snorted. Deku passed Katsuki a bottle of hot sauce and Katsuki poured it onto his food. Now that they had shared enough to settle the needs they both had to care for one another, he could eat it how he wanted. Much better. "But after today I'll finish every last bite." 

"No kidding." Tape Guy gushed. Deku walked off to join his friends and Katsuki shamelessly watched his ass. 

"Wow, you're scarfing Momo!" Black eyes exclaimed as she twisted in her seat to look at their table. 

"My quirk transforms lipids into brand new atoms, to create inorganic material." Big Hair explained, "That means the more I eat, the more I can make." 

"Like how poop works." Tape Guy said. Katsuki choked as the table froze, Big Hair looked stunned and suddenly she crumpled in despair. While the process was similar that was a fucking dumb ass way to say it.

Now Katsuki was an advocate for total equality between the sexes. He was gay as fuck so no one could claim he was brutal to women for a perverted reason. And he certainly advocated for saying what the fuck you wanted when you wanted. But you sure as fuck didn't say that kind of shit to a girl about her abilities like that. 

"Apologize!" Ear Lobes punched Tape Guy and at least that was solved. Dumbass. 

 


 

"Kouta, it's time for dinner, where are you?!" Mandalay called as Izuku was moving towards the tables his friends had taken up space at. He looked over to the woods and there was Kouta. Walking off into the trees. 

Izuku couldn't let the pup go off hungry. And while Izuku felt a persisting fear of the woods, he knew this boy didn't think anything of it. This was his home after all. Izuku gathered a plate of food after scarfing his own down. 

He trailed the fresh water and leaves scent up to a cliff that offered an amazing view of the sky. Izuku was struck, as he walked up, by how similar the view was to the one he'd been lucky enough to see before his life turned upside down. 

A strange sound caught his attention, it was a stomach grumbling insistently. It drew a smile from Izuku. "I heard that." Kouta whipped around as Izuku approached the boy. "Here, I brought you some curry." 

"No way, how'd you find this place?!" Kouta hissed, his body language locking up in a blatant display of irritation and reproach. Izuku's wolf rumbled curiously. 

"Sorry, I followed your scent," Izuku walked up onto the flat plateau Kouta had chosen. It housed a cave as well as a view of the whole mountain range. "I thought you might want some dinner before it gets cold."

"Whatever," Kouta glared with a particular amount of vitriol at him. "I'm just fine, now get lost! I don't want to hang out with you, so forget about my secret hideout!" 

"This is a secret hideout?" Izuku asked as he looked around in awe. That was pretty cool. A good spot indeed. 

"Hmm, spending your entire life trying to improve your quirk... it's dumb!" Kouta's hat covered his eyes, but his lips were twisted into a painful sneer. "All you wanna do is show off, get lost!" 

Izuku sighed and closed his eyes. He couldn't force the kid to like heroes, that wasn't the right thing to do. And obviously the boy wanted to be left alone. But he couldn't leave him alone. Not after hearing about his childhood.

This angry boy could easily have been Izuku once upon a time. If it hadn't been for Kacchan keeping him from falling into the anger and hate, he'd be just as bitter. "Hey, about your parents; I was wondering, were they the Water Hose heroes? With water quirks?"

"Did Mandalay tell you?!" Kouta demanded as he looked at Izuku angrily. 

"No, it's um...well-," Izuku winced, that was stepping over a line. He scratched his neck weakly. "Sorry, I heard a little about what happened to them. Based on that information, I was able to figure it out. I remember reading about that incident." 

"Go away," Kouta looked away with such a fed-up air about him. Izuku's inner wolf whined. "Everyone here is so crazy. Calling people stupid names like hero and villain, killing each other because of it. Always focusing on their quirks. If they hadn't been showing off they'd still be here. Idiot." 

It wasn't just heroes, Kouta hated quirks. In this entire super human society... he was a unique voice among the masses of fans. 

"We're done here." Kouta spat. "Go back to camp with the other losers!" 

"Hey, I lost my father to a villain too." Izuku said as he looked at the plate in front of him. "He wasn't a hero or anything. But he came home one summer to cheer me up despite working all the time to support our family. And a villain using a monstrous quirk attacked us. My dad lost his life to protect me. And I inherited my quirk from that monster, it was infectious." 

He remembered trying to use his quirk, and then becoming afraid of it. Doing everything he could to ignore his increasingly demanding instincts. Until they exploded out of him in defense of his mate. Dangerous and uncontrolled like that. "I think if you reject quirks so vehemently you might make life harder for yourself." Izuku said sheepishly. "I inherited mine and living with it is a struggle. But quirks are part of our everyday lives." 

"Will you just leave me alone already! Go away!" Kouta snarled. But he looked like he lacked the heat from earlier.

"I'm sorry, I have a habit of rambling sometimes." Izuku would give the kid space. He sat the plate down on a rock, a silent offering to the pup who had ignored eating with the larger pack group. "Here, I'll leave the curry." 

Izuku stepped back as the boy bristled at the care. Like a wolf determined to be alone. Izuku wasn't going to be able to let the boy be. They were too similar. 

 


 

"Hey remedial group, keep at it." Shouta snarled as he used his capture weapon to lash Kirishima's head and jerk him back into a standing position. 

"Yes Sir!" Kirishima squeaked hoarsely. 

"Sorry, but I need more beauty rest." Ashido whined as she tried to go to sleep where she was standing. Shouta bared his sharpening teeth at their laziness. They were only in remedial classes because they weren't putting in the extra attention everyone else was. Powerful quirks didn't mean everything would be easy. 

"Who knew the extra lessons would go on until two in the morning?" Sero whined. 

"And start up again at seven in the morning?" Sato complained. 

"I told you it would be hard." Shouta growled. He'd taught their class the night before and he'd still joined Kan to plan the next lessons for them. Comparing progress and formulating the best ways to help their students. If they couldn't fight through some lost sleep, he wasn't working them hard enough. 

"Remember, you're not just improving your quirks. You're also working to overcome the many weaknesses I saw in the final exam." And those weaknesses had made him grit his teeth in fury. His students stiffened at his threatening tone, good, the more they feared him the more they'd work hard not to end up here again. "Think carefully about why you're more tired than the others and stop whining. You're the ones who have something to prove here." 

"Yes Sir!" They cried at the same time. He released Kirishima and turned to see Ragdoll had joined him and was smirking into her paw gloves. He set his attention on the students behind him. 

"Uraraka, Aoyama, the same goes for you. You didn't fail but you were very close." Shouta growled as the blond boy left the port-a-potty and Uraraka walked past looking queasy. "I'd say you only passed the proverbial finish line by a hair." 

"That close?!" Uraraka exclaimed through her nausea. She was pack, but he was going to be just as hard on her as he was Kirishima. 

"Don't lose focus, each of you can learn faster." Shouta said as he walked to the edge of the cliff he was on to look below. His Alphas were studiously working through their exercises, with the other Pussycats overseeing them. "And no matter what you're doing just remember where you started from. Don't forget who you were before UA. Always remember why you're sweating, and why your limits keep getting tested. That's what it means to improve." 

"Hey Aizawa-Sensei, that reminds me. It's already the third day of camp-," Midoriya ran up so Shouta jumped down to the level he was on. 

"Weren't you listening?" Shouta asked, he knew the Alpha werewolf had hearing just as keen if not better than his own. "Stay focused." 

"I was just wondering if All Might-...I mean the other teachers were joining us?" Midoriya asked. 

Hmm, so he wanted his pack here. Mostly just All Might, his personal mentor. But that wasn't the plan, it hadn't been the plan at all. Shouta would give anything to have Hizashi with ahim. No one would have made this trip better than his mate. "Like I said before we came out here, to keep the camp a secret from the villains hardly anyone knows where we are."

"That's why you get to work out with The Pussycats!" Ragdoll yelled from above. 

"And think about it, All Might is one of the targets so we can't have him here." He knew his Alpha was analytical. The sooner he got over his hero worship the better his mental processing would be. "It's for your own safety. For better or for worse, that's what he gets for standing out so much." 

Shouta scoffed at his packmates reality. He turned and left his Alpha to think about his words. All Might was an amazing hero, Shouta couldn't deny that. But he was an underground hero for a reason. Standing out like that was just painting a target on your back.

 


 

"Whoa Bakugou you're really good with that knife!" Uraraka exclaimed from the food prepping stations. Izuku looked over to see his mate was making quick work of the vegetables. "It's weird." 

"What do you mean it's weird?!" Kacchan roared. "Why are you all so damn bad at everything?!" 

Kacchan was notoriously good in the kitchen. He'd helped Izuku's mother over the years in prepping food for the full moon. As well as cooking with his own mother who stood for nothing less than full intensity. They were two peas in a pod really. 

"Whoa would you look at that, he's not blowing stuff up." Kaminari teased as he walked past them. Kacchan immediately turned to snark at the other teen. 

Izuku shook his head as he walked by with his armful of wood. He joined Todoroki at the cooking stations. "Did you need All Might for a particular reason?" Todoroki asked. "You asked Aizawa-Sensei about him." 

"Yeah, um-..." Izuku kept forgetting sometimes that the rest of the pack didn't know he was a werewolf too. So they thought his relationship with the hero was strange. But why he'd wanted the hero wasn't for anything involving himself though. "I did, for Kouta."

"Kouta? Who's that?" Todoroki asked curiously. 

"The boy that's over there" Izuku rotated in his crouch to look at the forest line. Kouta was usually staring at Izuku from there. As if trying to figure him out. Maybe it was because of Izuku blurting out his own past to the boy. "He's Mandalay's cousin's-... wait where did he go?" 

The boy was gone. Maybe he’d headed off to his hide out again.

"Anyway, Kouta doesn't like heroes." Izuku explained as he slipped a few split pieces of wood onto the lower grate. "Actually, he hates the whole concept of super humans, quirks, and everything. I tried to talk to him, but I think I just made things worse. I was just wondering what All Might would have said if he'd been here to talk to him." 

Izuku looked down. This boy hadn't had anyone to help him get past the upset feelings. The same type of rage and despair Izuku had felt when he went camping. His father's words had been one of the things that got him through his day when he was struggling with his new quirk. Learning to live as a werewolf and honor the man who saved his life. Even while a bitter part of him had stewed in anger that his father had given up his life for him.

"I mean what would you say to him Todoroki?" Izuku asked. 

"It depends." His quiet Beta answered. 

"Of course, sorry I asked." Izuku was overstepping a lot lately. Why would Todoroki want to talk to anyone about his own quirk issues involving his fire side? Stupid! 

"To have a complete stranger try to change your mind set sounds like a pretty irritating conversation." Todoroki said and that was just another stab into his chest He'd done just that to his Beta during the sports festival. "What matters are actions. You have to show him what you're trying to prove. If you're going to rely on words alone, then they need to be incredibly powerful. What you say doesn't matter near as much as what you do."

Izuku remembered All might saying he'd been inspired when Izuku ran in selfishly to save his mate from the Sludge Villain. At the same time, his statement that Izuku could become a hero was just as powerful. They had inspired each other. 

"You're right." Izuku had made a great choice in Todoroki as his Beta. His calm wisdom had been just what Izuku needed to bounce this off of. "I'm going about this the wrong way. How can I, a stranger, say anything to him?"

"I don't know what your goal is when it comes to this child. But it sounds like you could be sticking your nose into a delicate situation." Todoroki said and Izuku winced again. He really could call Izuku out on his ability to do that. He was getting involved where he probably wasn't wanted. "You tend to cut to the heart of things quickly. It can be annoying." 

"Right, sorry about that." Izuku looked down apologetically.

"You guys!" Iida cried out as he chided his group of potato peelers. "Your hands stopped moving, we'll never make the best curry if you don’t keep going!" 

Izuku shook his head in amusement. Todoroki sat his pot down and passed his wrist over Izuku's head. Izuku leaned over to rub his hair over his friends arm. Scent exchanged they moved back about their duties. Izuku felt a bit better getting other perspectives. So he'd been a bother to Kouta, Izuku sighed. What to do now?

 


 

"Purrrfect! We've filled our bellies and cleaned the dishes! Now it's time for-!" Pixie-Bob cheered as they students gathered after dinner. 

"A totally awesome test of courage!" Ashido cheered in excitement. To the equal exuberance of Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero, and Sato. 

"Not so fast," Aizawa-Sensei cut in to the horrified surprise of the excited students. "It pains me to say it but he remedial class has lessons with me tonight."

"You've gotta be kidding me?!" Ashido screamed in horror. 

"Sorry," Aizawa-Sensei lashed each of them together with his scarf as if they were going to escape. And judging by how badly they were suddenly fighting, they might have tried. "Your training during the day didn't impress me so I'll be using this time to get it done."

Izuku clenched his fist and winced. He didn't envy them their night, so he would enjoy the test of courage for them! It was the only thing he could do because he absolutely wasn't going to get in the way of that. And he would enjoy it, no more being afraid. He'd made it out to Kouta that second night, he could do this.  

The Pussycats set into explaining the game. Class B was to go into the woods to scare on the path set up for them. The winner was closed based on who could scare people the worst. 

"Revelry in the Dark." Tokoyami said for perhaps the hundredth time in the evening. What was his packmate trying to tell them? Izuku was so confused.

Everyone was getting excited and were taken aback by the Pussycats weird way of explaining things. They were so silly, and Iida was just eating it all up and looking too far into it all again. At least he was having a good time. Izuku drew lots with everyone and pouted when he noticed he was the odd one out, the only one without a partner because of the number of students in remedial. 

Why was everything conspiring against him? He'd hoped to be paired with Kacchan. They could have snuck off to reacclimate Izuku to the woods, maybe fool around a little.  He looked at his mate who was glaring at his lot. When the teams assembled he saw why. Kacchan was teamed up with Todoroki. 

It was so funny it almost made up for the fact that Izuku wasn't going to be getting his dick wet tonight. Judging by the dark look Kacchan gave him Izuku hadn't kept his intentions that quiet between their bond. Oops. 

"Oi, someone trade with me! Right now!" Kacchan roared as everyone studiously moved away from him. Izuku bit his lip as he tried to make his mind work back over the fact that he needed to do the test of courage alone. In the woods. where everyone would be scaring him. He wasn't even a tough scare either. Kacchan had always gotten him with jump scares as kids. 

Some minutes later Izuku was standing with the rest of the class when he inhaled something foul. Pixie-Bob was frowning as well. "What does that smell in the air?" 

"Look!" Izuku pointed as he looked back to the woods. Smoke was filtering up from the forest within a mile of them. He smelled fire and whatever that foul scent was. His mate was in the woods! Izuku felt his body tense as he remembered the fire of his past. 

No, no, his mate was strong, he could get back fine without Izuku racing in after him. 

"Hey, wait, no!" Izuku turned on his heel to see Pixie-Bob lifted into a pink hazy light before she was flung through the air into the woods. What on earth?! Were they under attack?!

At the forest line Pixie-Bob was smacked to the ground by a large cloth wrapped weapon. Two strangers stood over her bloodied body and glared up at them. One was wrapped in bandages and looked like a Stain cosplayer. And the other had on sunglasses and balanced on the weapon that had felled Pixie-Bob. 

"Pixie-Bob!" Izuku snarled as he ran a few feet forward. Mandalay and Tiger jumped between him and the villains. 

"This is bad." Mandalay said. Izuku looked at her before his heart sank to the bottom of his stomach. 

"Where's Kouta?!" Izuku asked in horror. 
 *

Chapter 50: My Hero

Summary:

Izuku fights to protect Kouta as the Summer Camp is attacked by villains

Notes:

I decided to move Aizawa's portion of the fighting to Werewolf Adjustments. Mostly because it's a sizeable scene in every episode. And it doesn't directly pertain to the moments Izuku and Katsuki are dealing with. Nor is it expressly pack related.

So you can find it there when I've gotten to it lol

Chapter Text

"How are you this evening UA students?" A lizard man who looked like a Stain cosplayer addressed them with his arms spread wide. "We are the Vanguard Action Squad of the League of Villains!" 

"The League of Villains?" Ojiro hissed next to Izuku. "What are those guys doing here?!" 

"I could crush this kitty's head so easily." The drawling sultry voice of the other villain, with the massive weapon balanced on Pixie-Bob's head, laughed. "How about it dear, should I?" 

"You get away from her!" Tiger ordered. 

"Now, now, hold on Big Sis Magne. You too Tiger, calm down." The lizard man waved his hands between them. What the hell was he doing? Izuku glared uneasily at the villain as he addressed them. "We're trying to decide who will live and die. We must be sure to abide by Stain's principals" 

A Hero Killer Fanboy. No wonder he was dressed like he was. 

"So you're the ones he inspired?!" Iida exclaimed. 

"At your service, that's us!" The lizard man threw his arms wide with a huge toothy grin. "And you, four eyes, I believe I recognize you! You’re one of the self-righteous brats who attacked Stain in Hosu city. Let me introduce myself." 

The villain grabbed one of the weapons from his back and jerked it free of its bindings. He brandished the hilt of a sword, but the weapon that was revealed was a massive collection of different blades all held together with belts. It didn't look sturdy, it looked like it would fall apart at any second. But he was confident in his cobbled together weapon. That was dangerous. "Call me Spinner. I'm here to make Stain's dreams a reality!" 

Izuku's wolf snorted. How original. 

"I don't care who you are!" Tiger stepped forward. "You're criminals! The woman lying there is called Pixie-Bob, a hero who has saved countless lives. She's giving her all for these young heroes, pushing them to reach their full potential. She's looking for a mate but otherwise she's content." 

Izuku shivered as he noticed Tiger's energy was changing. The malice he displaced reminded Izuku deeply of the feral monster inside him that had risen up to protect Kacchan. The Pussycat's were like a pack, and Tiger was their defender. "What gives you the right to cut such a happy life short?!" 

"Didn't anyone tell you it's not a hero's job to be happy?!" Spinner roared as he lunged towards them. 

"Tiger, I talked to everyone. We'll trust the safety of the students to Ragdoll. You and I will stay here and hold them back." Mandalay ordered. She turned to them with a stern look on her face. "You all return back to camp, class president you're in charge until you get there. Do not engage anyone." 

"Leave it to me." Iida turned to their students. "Let's go!" 

Izuku looked back at Mandalay, however. He couldn't leave them like this, Kouta was still missing. Mandalay wouldn't be able to fight properly if she was worrying about her nephew. "Midoriya?!" Iida exclaimed. 

"Go on without me." Izuku ordered and his Delta froze before he nodded. "Mandalay! I know where Kouta is! Let me go get him. I'm able to move faster than anyone in the woods." 

She bit her lip and he watched her for permission. He wasn't going to lose control, not like he had when he ran in to save Kacchan so long ago. "I already told him to come back to camp." 

"I know the path he takes." Izuku countered. His instincts wouldn't allow him to run. His mate was in those woods, but they were mentally connected, and he could check on his mate if he needed to. And Kacchan was strong, he could fight if he had to. But Kouta was a child. And a child would be no match if someone caught him. 

"Go but get back here fast!" Mandalay agreed. 

Izuku shifted into his wolf form immediately and raced into the woods. He activated Full Cowl and snapped his body along the scent trails towards where Kouta usually walked. He knew the path, but it was faster to follow his nose as he ran. His paws tore up dirt as he raced. But he needed to get to the boy, pups needed to be protected in the event of an attack. They were young, vulnerable. And he knew the League, they wouldn't hesitate to hurt a child. 

Izuku didn't run into Kouta on the way, and his scent trails all said he hadn't made a return trip yet. Izuku made it to the base of the cliff and scrambled up. The scent of water and leaves was tainted with the acrid scent of fear. Then he smelled something else, something coppery like raw meat. Izuku shifted into his werewolf shape and raced up. Someone was with Kouta, a cloaked figure lunging at the boy. 

"Papa, Mama..." Kouta was crying!

Izuku snatched Kouta up into his claws as the villain smashed his fist into the ground where Kouta had stood. Izuki rolled through the shockwave that attack had delivered and came up clutching the child to his chest. 

"What are you doing?" Kouta demanded of him as Izuku placed him on the ground behind him.

Izuku however was looking at the cloaked man before them. He was a dirty blond, hulking man with a strange scar running down his left eye, which was false. His arm was wrapped in muscle fibers that pulsed and glistened int he moonlight. Was that his quirk? Izuku knew that quirk, it beloved to a villain called Muscular. A villain wanted for various counts of murder.

Wait... He couldn't be -, that was just cruel. 

"You I recognize, you were on the list." The villain said brightly. Like he hadn't just tried to kill a kid. And an attack like that would have severely damaged Kouta's body. 

Izuku bared his teeth threateningly. He'd come here to get Kouta to safety. He honestly hadn't thought he would encounter a villain. After Stain he hadn't planned to engage another villain without express permission. But self-defense was a thing right? He wasn't going to just ignore this guy to escape. Izuku didn't think he'd let them get away. 

Izuku didn't know where Kacchan was, and his pack was scattered. Todoroki was still with Kacchan at least. So they could back each other up. Iida was getting everyone to safety, and there was no guarantee he could get here to back him up. The heroes were engaged with their own fights, and Izuku didn't have a pack connection to Aizawa-sensei yet. 

He was alone. 

Izuku was going to have to fight to protect Kouta and get them out of here himself. Izuku looked back at the boy and tears were streaming down his young face. He was afraid, and Izuku was the only thing standing between this boy and the villain that murdered his parents.

This was his nightmare, but instead he'd taken on the role of his father. 

Izuku didn't know if he could fight this guy and win. But this pup was staring at him with the look of someone who needed help. He couldn't do anything but help. He would fight as he was. Success was the only option here. Izuku would be damned before a pup got hurt on his watch. 

"Hey," Izuku growled out, his voice deep and resonating like thunder. He activated Full Cowl as he addressed the boy. "I promise everything will be okay. I'm going to save you Kouta."

 


 

Katsuki glared around the forest as he covered his mouth to keep from breathing in the purple smoke that permeated the area. IcyHot was carrying one of the Class B extras who'd passed the fuck out breathing the shit in. Useless, was he trying to get killed? 

Katsuki wasn't happy to be walking with IcyHot, not from the start. He'd gotten that heated flush from his boyfriend through their mating link. Getting his nerd over his forest fear by fucking in it sounded so much better than walking around with Deku's stoic Beta. But none of their classmates would switch with him. Assholes. 

Now he was slogging through the woods, same as they had started with villains obviously in the area. And he felt a wash of fear and determination from his boyfriend before their link was slammed shut by the werewolf. Deku was fighting and needed to focus. "Dammit." 

"There must be some kind of gas villain out here." IcyHot spoke as he walked. "I'm worried about the others who are still in the forest. But I don't see how there's anything we can do. Hopefully Ragdoll can take care of everyone else." 

The loud cat woman had jumped out at them before it all went bad. But Katsuki didn't like the thought of abandoning anyone in here. When an Alpha was separated from the pack, and they were in danger the smart thing to do would be to draw the enemies to them. Giving the weak chances to escape.

"Don't tell me what to do Icy-, shit, who is that?" They stilled when they both noticed a hunched over figure on the path they were on. "Hey, what group was in front of us again?" 

"Tokoyami I think, and Shoji." IcyHot replied. Fuck, that was a confirmed pack member.  The hunched over man was kneeling next to a severed bloody hand. 

"So pretty...no, have to work...can't...but it's so delicious...beautiful flesh...don't tempt me, I have a job to do." The man got up and turned, the only visible part of him was bared teeth and a mouth stretched open by hooks attached to the cowl covering his face. His arms were even lashed to his body. 

It was like a horror movie. Katsuki felt his mouth split in a dangerous smile. Whoever this bastard was, he'd hurt one of their classmates. And from what he was saying, he ate human flesh?

"No fighting, is that the rule?" Katsuki didn't think they were going to be following that rule. 

 


 

"You really think you can save this little brat?" Muscular laughed. "I'll give it to you kid; you look scary like this. And that is something a wannabe hero would say. Your kind sure likes to mouth off about justice."

Izuku steadied his breathing and locked down the links to his other pack members. He didn't want his emotional state or pain to filter through to them. He also didn't want their feelings mucking up his concentration. They weren't with him so there was no way to heighten their focus. It was just him; and right now, he needed to focus completely.

"The name's Midoriya right?" Muscular grinned at him, Izuku glared. His heart wrenched when the fearful whimpers from Kouta met his ears. For all his rage and attitude, he was still just a scared kid. "Perfect, we were told we could take some initiative and kill you. But first some torment... show me your blood!"

The muscle fibers disappeared back into his left arm before re-growing on the right. He flung his cloak off and jumped into the air at them. Izuku lifted his left arm in a block. The punch hit so hard Izuku felt something break painfully. He was swept off of his feet and into the cliff face hard. He cried out as his whole body protested. 

"Whoopsie! Oh yeah, hey, maybe you can help me out." Muscular grinned menacingly at him. "Do you know where I can find a kid named Bakugou around here?"

Kacchan?!

"I still have a job to do, after all!" Muscular lunged at him again and Izuku dodged even while his mind swirled. The League of Villains were after Kacchan?! Why?!

Izuku grabbed his left arm as he landed and gritted his fangs. It was twisted from the break that hit it. He snarled and glared at the villain as he stood back up from the new crater in the rock.

"I take your silence to mean you don't know. Is that right? Oh good then. Play time!" Muscular lunged in and the smoky haze concealed his movements. He kicked Izuku in the gut. Izuku raked his undamaged claws down the villains leg, at the moment of impact, drawing blood.

Izuku smacked into the cliff again and his head took a hit as well. He collapsed as blood spilled along his ears and across his eye. Muscular's laughter grated on his senses as they reeled. "Yes! Blood is exactly what I wanted from you. What was it you promised? That everything would be okay? How's that working out for you huh?!" 

Izuku looked up with a snarl on his canine muzzle. 

"Don't just lay there stupid!" That muscle quirk was too powerful. Izuku didn't think blunt attacks would work against him. But he still had his claws, and one arm might be totally ruined, but he was still going to fight. He needed to stop worrying about Kacchan, he could check on his mate after he and Kouta survived. 

Izuku got to his feet as Muscular got closer. Full Cowl snapped over his body and he threw a smash right at the villain. But it was caught in the meat of his augmented forearm. "What, was that all you got?" Muscular sneered down at him. "You're fast, but you're not strong enough to hurt me." 

Izuku was flung away and he rolled back to a crouch. 

"My quirk enhances my strength so exponentially that my muscle fibers can't even be contained by my skin." Muscular laughed as his arms pulsed. Some fibers broke and floated away from the mass of them. But Izuku didn't think it would get in this guy's way. "I know I'm bragging but come on. I guess what I'm saying is, you're just an inferior version of me!" 

Izuku activated Full Cowl and leapt away as the next attack turned the place he had been standing at into another crater. A rock smashed into the side of his neck and he lost his concentration of Full cowl. 

"I can't help but laugh at you kid!" Muscular was suddenly there in midair. He punched Izuku back down to the ground. "You really think you're a hero don't you?! How are you gonna save him huh? Don't make promises you can't keep! Live up to your words or they don't mean anything." 

Izuku struggled to get back up as Muscular hovered over him. "You're no hero, you're just a fraud! And you'll die that way!" 

Izuku braced for the next attack but it never came. "Remember Water Hose?" A wobbly voice sounded from behind them. "My mom, and my dad...did you torment the two of them too? Before you killed them?!" 

No, what was Kouta doing?! Izuku rolled back to his knees and saw Muscular had turned around. "Huh? Seriously? Those losers were your parents?" Muscular snorted. "Well then this must be fate. The Water Hose heroes are the reason I have an artificial eye in my left socket right now." 

"It's all your fault." Kouta sobbed. "Nothing is right in the world anymore and it's because of crazy people like you!" 

"Little kids are always so quick to say it's someone else’s fault." Muscular huffed with a nasty smirk on his face. "Don't get the wrong idea. It's not like I took them out because I was mad about the eye thing. I wanted to kill people it's as simple as that. And those two tried to stop me. What happened was the result of us all doing our best. 

"The real travesty is promising to do something you're not able to do." Izuku saw the moment Kouta's horror took over the pain he was feeling. Muscular was practically crowing about how messed up he was.

Izuku needed to get back up, that boy needed him. Muscular's body language got a thousand times more threatening. Kouta threw his arms up as if to ward off an attack, and Izuku had had enough. "That's why your dear old mommy and daddy died!"

Izuku lunged in and Muscular whipped around to look at him. "Nice try with the sneak attack! But I'm ready for you!" 

"You ruined his life!" Izuku snarled as he launched into the air. "And you won't take the blame?!" Izuku sank the broken fingers of his left hand into a fold of muscle fibers. His claws dug in deep. He swung his other hand with claws out at the villain.  "I've got you now, it doesn't matter how quick you are!" 

Lycan had been a villain too. But only because he refused to control his wolf after the loss of his mate. In prison the werewolf had expressed his regret for how many people he'd murdered. Izuku hated the villain for hurting his father so badly he succumbed to his wounds. But for all the bad Lycan was, he wasn't Muscular. Laughing about it all and taunting the child of one of his victims. 

"So what's your plan now?" Muscular laughed as he looked up at Izuku. "Are you gonna punch me with that weak quirk of yours again?!" 

"It's not a matter of whether or not I can do it!" Izuku roared as Full Cowl burned under his fur as he fisted his good hand. "It's a hero's job to risk his life to turn his promises into a reality!" 

Izuku let his restraint go and let 100% of One For All slip into his arm. 'SMASH!'

The strike was so powerful it smashed Muscular into the cliff face and rocked the entire formation dangerously with the force. He landed and twisted when he heard Kouta scream. He was small, no way would he have been able to withstand that force. Izuku lunged for the edge and saw Kouta as he toppled over. He snatched the boy with his muzzle and looked down. "Sorry...about that." 

He pulled the boy back up and stood to look around and make sure that was enough. He panted as the pain in his arm tried to sink in. But he wasn't safe yet, Kouta wasn't safe yet. He couldn't let his pain take over.

"Thank you-," Kouta cut himself off and Izuku looked down at him. 

"Let's get back to camp, it's not far." Izuku said tiredly. As soon as the words left his maw the cliff exploded behind them. No way, Izuku turned to see a massive ball of muscle fiber unravel and shrink back into Muscular's body. He'd hit the villain with 100%! The same as All Might!

"Unhh, a bit obvious, but not too bad Midoriya!" Muscular barely looked hurt. 

"No, stay away!" Izuku moved right back in front of Kouta. 

"Nah, attacking sounds more fun!" Muscular lumbered towards them and Izuku gritted his fangs. This was no good, he needed time to think and come up with a new plan. 

"Tell me, why have you come here?" Izuku demanded. "What does the league want from us?" 

"Doesn't matter to me, I'm just glad they finally let me off the leash." Muscular said as he walked over. He reached into his pocket and took out another artificial eye to the replace the one destroyed by Izuku's smash. "-Long as I get to use my quirk all I want I really don't care. Remember what I told you earlier. We've only been playing around, having fun, until now. Now I'm serious! Recess is over, I'm coming at you for real. Cause truth be told you're pretty strong. I see that now." 

Izuku crouched. "Quick, grab onto my fur, hurry!" 

Kouta's hands latched onto his neck ruff as full Cowl activated again. Muscular punched the ground they were standing on just as Izuku leaped into the air. Izuku looked back to see the damage he was causing. It was like he'd been super charged all of a sudden. That was insane. He really was just playing with them, before he killed them. 

Muscular turned and lunged at them. But he came in too fast, he missed them by barely a hair. He smashed into the cliff next to them and it started to crumble. "Ah, damn, I got too excited!" 

Izuku hit the ground and braced to a stop by digging his claws into the rocky ground. Kouta tumbled from his back and Izuku looked back to make sure he was alright. He needed to get them back to camp, Aizawa-sensei was there. He could erase this guy’s quirk. If he could get Muscular to chase them to the camp-...no, he'd already gained enough fatigue from the training earlier in the day, and he hadn’t slept it all off yet. If he turned his back on this villain he was done for. 

Izuku had no choice but to fight him right here, right now. He needed to remember where he started, and how far he'd come. This situation was scarily mirroring Izuku's past. Izuku was an Alpha, and he would make his stand. He would protect Kouta until his last breath. Because that was the kind of man he was going to be. 

"Stay back Kouta," Izuku growled. "When it's clear enough, run back to camp as fast as you can." 

"You're attacking him again?" Kouta asked weakly. He'd really fit right into his father's shoes here hadn't he? "You can't do that, let' just go, come on! Your punch didn't hurt him earlier remember? Besides, both your arms are busted up!"

Izuku breathed in deeply as everything went still inside him. It was like the time that he raced in to save Kacchan, or when he raced in to save Iida. A feeling that traced far back as how he'd grabbed a branch to beat a monster away from his father. A calm determination that existed within him.

Izuku knew he would protect this child. Because his wolf had merged completely in his mind to a level he had only achieved in perfect moments like this. They always agreed, always stayed in control. So this was new. 

He would not let Muscular get past him. 

He would not let Kouta get hurt. 

"It's going to be fine." Izuku loosened each of his muscles and the pain didn't even register to him. He shook his head and his teeth bared through his snarling muzzle. He fisted his broken hand and glared as Muscular ripped himself free from the cliff wall and raced at him. He forced 100% back into his arm. 

'DETROIT SMASH!' Izuku's fist sank into a rapidly formed ball of muscle fibers. This was how he'd taken the shock last time, wrapping his torso in layers of muscle fibers. The force wasn't discharging at Muscular. It was being pushed back, his clawed feet sank into the rocks and cracked the earth around him. 

"Aww!" Muscular complained from within the ball of fibers. "What's wrong that was even weaker than before!" 

"Okay," Izuku growled to Kouta as he held Muscular there. He had him, the image of his father wrapped around a rabid werewolf came back to him. "It'll all be okay! I will not let him get past me. Kouta! Run! Go now!" 

"Still looking after him?!" Muscular laughed. "Oh man, you're something else aren't you?!" 

"Shut up dammit!" Izuku roared as Muscular pushed harder into him. His body screamed with the effort of keeping this monster from bowling him over.

"Show me your blood!" Muscular screamed. 

'A real hero will always find a way for justice to be served!' All Might's voice came to Izuku's mind. That statement from so long ago still imprinted in his mind.

But this was too much, this guy was too strong. Izuku thought of his mother and all Might himself. He wanted to apologize to them, he'd tried his best. But he was going to end up following in his father's footsteps in dying to protect a child. He thought of Kacchan, and his shy admission that one day kids might not be a horrible idea. His pack and how they were still learning to be a unit. 

"I'm gonna crush you!" Muscular pushed more force down and Izuku was shoved into the rocky ground painfully. His vision flickered as his body protested. Something cold and wet splashed over him and he blinked up at Muscular who had stilled in shock. "What? Is that water?" 

"Stop! Let him go!" Was that Kouta? Why was he still here?

"Kou-ta?" Izuku mumbled. 

"Hold on there kid!" Muscular laughed. "I'll kill you after I'm done with-" 

Izuku let his wolf loose mentally. He needed it's wild strength. And it pulled One For All from deep where it resided. Kouta needed them, he wasn't safe yet. Izuku couldn't rest until he was safe. "I won't let you hurt Kouta!" 

"How are you getting stronger?!" Muscular demanded as Izuku's legs pushed him back up onto his feet. His tail swished as he firmed his broken arm and pushed up.

Izuku felt the relay inside him as his wolf dragged more and more of One For All out and into his arm. "I won't let you lay a hand on him!" 

"One For All: 1,000,000% DELAWARE DETROIT SMASH!" Izuku roared as the muscle fibers around his arm were shredded by the forced of One For All. So much more of it than he'd ever used before. He jerked his fist back. Then he stepped forward and punched Muscular. The villain lifted an arm lifted to protect his face. But it was nothing this time. Izuku punched through it and drove his knuckles into the villain's face "Rah!" 

The villain was hurled back and into the cliff. This time, this time, he was done. 

"Why did you risk your life?" Kouta sobbed behind him. "Even-Even though you don't know me at all. Why did you try to save me?" 

Izuku planted his foot firmly and straightened his spine. He threw his head back and let loose a victorious howl. It echoed deeper and more vicious than the one he'd made when he had fought Stain. But it was for Kouta as much as it was for him. With this, he was sure he'd freed both of them from the chains that bound them.  That was why he'd saved Kouta. 

*

Chapter 51: Drive It Home, Iron Fist!!!

Summary:

Izuku has to get to Kacchan and tell him the villains are after him.

Notes:

Lol the title is named for Tetsutetsu's fight. But were not focusing on him right now. Werewolf pack-centric in here. ;3

 

BTW, I love Kouta. He's Deku first real fan. So cute!

Chapter Text

His body was not happy with him. Aching now that the fight was over. His werewolf form was trying to fall away but he kept it firm. He couldn't become a human again. Not until he got Kouta to camp and found Kacchan. The concern for the pup got him to settle back into his shape. 

He slumped as he tried to shake off the fatigue. "Hey!" 

"Everything's okay," Izuku growled out as Kouta ran over to him. "Give me a second, and then there's something I have to take care of." 

"But you're all beat up." Kouta insisted looking totally worried. Huh, he looked kind of cute when he wasn’t a ball of rage and hate. "What more do you have to do now?"

"I knew he'd be strong, that's why I knew I had to defeat him here." Izuku huffed and licked the blood still caking the side of his snout. "I thought I would have been able to inflict a lot more damage than that though. Turns out I seriously underestimated how strong his quirk was." 

His muscles were trembling around his broken bones. He silently cursed his hero worship, the awe he still felt for All Might and One For All. It has gotten in the way again.

He looked out and the forest was burning with blue fire in some places. It had spread in the minutes that had taken up the fight. It felt like hours had passed. Likewise, the miasma of purple smoke had risen through the trees. 

"If the other villains are at least as strong as him, all of our lives are at stake." Izuku huffed and turned his quirk inwards to push his healing to stabilize himself. "Plus they're after some of the students. I have to let Aizawa-Sensei know what's going on." 

He mentally prodded at his mating mark and found Kacchan had walled him off as well. His mate was focusing now, he hoped the explosive teen hadn't needed to fight.

It wasn’t like he could warn Kacchan either. They couldn't actually telepathically speak. It was only a sharing of feeling and emotion. He needed to find some way for Kacchan to know he was in danger. Then he had to find his mate and ensure no one hurt him. 

"I may be injured but I'm not defeated." Izuku snarled, "There are more people I can save."  

Kouta swallowed thickly as he stared up at Izuku. He leaned forward and scraped his head across the boy's hat and face. "We'll leave this villain here for now." Izuku said and stood up fully. "My arms were injured, so my smash was weaker than it could have been. But I think it was enough to keep him down for a while. He won't wake up anytime soon. and even if he did he'd be too weak to fight. Right now I just need to make sure you're safe." 

He looked down into the sharp eyes of the boy who hours earlier had hated him. He looked back at the forest and Kouta looked up as well. "We're going to need some help only you can give us. The forest has been set of fire, that means my pack mates and class could be trapped by those flames." Izuku was incredibly worried about them all. "But we have hope, your water quirk can put those fires out." 

Kouta gasped and looked at him in shock. He was so young. Too young to be dealing with this kind of thing. 

"Kouta, you hear me? I need you." He breathed and those eyes seemed to come to life. Far different from the angry orbs they had been from the moment they met. He crouched down and shook his body to wake it back up. "Now, climb onto my back. We need to get you to camp fast." 

"Can you even carry me?" Kouta asked worriedly. "You're all busted up." 

"No need to worry." Izuku huffed as the boy climbed up onto his back. Clutching handfuls of his neck ruff to hang on tightly. He activated Full Cowl. "That's why I left my legs unbroken. Hang on tight, this could be rough." 

He jumped and they vaulted high into the air. He had a bad feeling about everything that had happened here. Why did they want Kacchan?

 


 

Izuku was moving through the forest and ignoring the pain simmering under his skin. He just needed to make it a little bit further. Then he could get Kouta to safety and go find Mandalay so she could warn his mate.

"Hey look!" Kouta exclaimed suddenly and he looked up in relief to see Aizawa-Sensei running through the woods near them.

"Aizawa-Sensei!" Izuku called. His teacher looked up and stopped on the pathway they converged on. 

"Midoriya?" Aizawa asked. 

"You're here, thank goodness." Izuku panted as he stopped. "I need to catch you up on what we learned about the villains, but we don't have much time. Plus, I need to find Mandalay, there's something I have to tell her." 

"Hey, hold on." Aizawa growled.

Izuku let Kouta down and nudged him forward. "Please take care of Kouta while I'm gone. I'm already injured, and I can't protect him. I'll be back soon!" 

He turned to start off when Aizawa-Sensei's voice caught him. "Wait Midoriya!" He looked back at his teacher. "Those injuries, you went too far again didn't you? Have you forgotten about Hosu?" 

"No, I haven't." Izuku said, he hadn't even wanted to fight. He only did so to try and keep them alive.

"Go but tell Mandalay something for me too." Aizawa-Sensei said seriously. Izuku blinked in shock as his teacher told him his message. Then he turned and shook his fur before he tore off down the path again. 

He made it back to the clearing just in time to see that Spinner guy attacking Mandalay frantically with that creepy mess of weapons. He jumped into the air and kicked clean through the gigantic cobbled together sword. The weapons exploded from their belted holds.

"Mandalay! Kouta's safe!" Izuku yelled to the Pussycat.

"You found him?!" She gaped at him in shock. 

He hit the ground in a roll and skidded to slow Full Cowl's momentum. "Aizawa-Sensei has a message too! We need you to use your Telepathy! Tell everyone in Class 1-A and 1-B that Eraserhead has granted them permission to engage in combat with the villains." 

She nodded. 'Everyone in Class A and Class B, in the name of the pro hero Eraserhead, you are granted permission to engage in combat. I repeat, use your training, you may fight these villains!' 

"Get back to camp right now!" Mandalay ordered as she leapt back into fighting Spinner. "Those wounds aren't normal." 

No, they were worse than ever. But he couldn't go back yet, now without Kacchan and his pack. "I'm sorry, I can't." He reactivated Full Cowl as he dragged in a breath and started to run. "You need to send one more thing. The villains, I know one reason why they're here! They're after Kacchan! Please you have to let the others know!" 

"Kacchan? Who's that?" Mandalay questioned. "No wait!"

"My mate!" Izuku snarled as he made for the forest line. There was only one person in the way. And Tiger was engaging them. He made it and raced off desperately into the woods. Kacchan had better be okay!

'Listen we've discovered one of the villain' s targets! It's a student named Kacchan. Kacchan you should try to avoid combat. Stick to a group. I hope you can hear me!' 

 


 

"I could focus if you got out of my damn head!" Katsuki snarled after Mandalay's back to back messages. And damn Deku for using his nickname. Would it kill him to call him Katsuki outside of sex? "I can take care of myself." 

The horror show villain was his target now. He'd been given permission to fight, and now that he'd put himself between the damn IcyHot Beta and his extra, he could cover their escape. What looked like lightning tendrils shot out at him. They were solid and white though what was this shit? Ice spread up and stopped one from arching towards his head.

"Don't rush into this fight carelessly!" IcyHot yelled. 

"Have to keep going...Have to work...do my job...uragh!" The villain grunted and hissed from where he was suspended above. 

"Weren't you listening to Mandalay?" IcyHot started to nag him. "They're here because they're after you!" 

"Telling us not to engage and then changing their minds, that really pisses me off." He growled and dodged out of the ice, "I don't care what anyone says-!"

The strange branching tendrils shot out at the same time the ice spread rapidly to defend him as he dodged. The villain moved above the ice and rotated in the air before vanishing over the canopy. 

"Dammit!" IcyHot cursed. "He's good at moving around this terrain with his quirk!"

"This freak looks like a scrawny little side kick to me!" Katsuki snarled as he regained his footing. "Come on you bastard!" 

The fucking Horror Show rose up through the trees on whatever the hell that shit was. "This obviously isn't his first battle." IcyHot said. 

"Show me...show me your exquisite flesh!" It was his fucking teeth?! What the fuck kind of quirk was that?!

"We can't start fires around here because the flames will spread!" IcyHot shouted urgently as Katsuki's palm sparked. "Everyone could die if we aren't careful! Do you understand me?!" 

"Yeah I get it I'm not stupid!" Katsuki snarled. This was a fucking shit storm. Poison gas back the way they came. This shit in front of him. He was feeling hemmed in, caged by a forest that would go up faster than his own sweat would if he sparked wrong. Godammit!

 


 

Kacchan and Todoroki went second when the test of courage started. So they were much further in and they hadn't made it back to camp. Izuku hadn't smelled a fresh trail when he met with Aizawa-Sensei. So Kacchan had to still be around somewhere. 

His ears swiveled to catch the sound of something ahead. He dodged but his body was too fatigued to get entirely out of the way. Something dark struck his right arm and the jolt stabbed him like a knife. Which stunned him and stopped him from dodging the next attack. The impact came but didn't hit him. Instead he was swept up and taken out of the way. 

He looked down to see Shoji had swept his entire werewolf body up. "Shoji?" Izuku looked at his heaving classmate and smelled blood. He looked down to see one of his arms was bleeding. "What happened?!" 

"With those injuries," Shoji panted. "You should be laid up in bed recovering. But you want to save your mate, no matter what the cost." 

"You're injured too." Izuku growled, of course he wanted to save Kacchan. 

"Yeah, we were ambushed by villains." Shoji said and Izuku looked down at the bleeding appendage attached to his dominant arm. "And I covered us. The attack triggered Tokoyami's quirk. Even though he was desperately trying to hold it back." 

Izuku remembered his Lambda saying that Dark Shadow got more difficult to control the darker it was, and this first was horribly dark. The poor gentle shadow familiar had lost control of itself? "Don't tell me?"

"Yeah," Shoji said as something nearby crackled in the undergrowth. "If you wanna get through here, you have to go through Dark Shadow." 

Izuku looked through and his night vision showed him Tokoyami in the center of a roiling maw of massive encroaching shadows. "Stay away from me! You'll die!" 

"Tokoyami no!" Izuku yelled. His packmate needed him!

*

Chapter 52: Roaring Upheval

Summary:

Izuku joins his classmates

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku's body slowly transformed back to human to make it easier for Shoji to carry him. His classmate's duplicate arms wrapped around him and kept him snug against the larger teens back.

He looked back at where Dark Shadow had overtaken Tokoyami. The normality compact shadow was now a colossal monster. He slung his arms out and leveled full grown trees in a wild frenzy. 

"How did he get like this?!" Izuku asked. 

"Keep it down," Shoji muttered as they watched the giant mass of Tokoyami's shadow move past. The usually bright yellow eyes were now a glowing red. His beak had transformed into jagged shadow teeth.

"After Mandalay told everyone what was happening, that we shouldn't engage, we were both on high alert. Still one of the villains got the drop on us. I hid in the bushes to cover Tokoyami. That was after the villain cut of one of my arms." Shoji explained. 

"Really?" Izuku's fears had been realized. Kouta wasn't the only one of them to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He looked down to the bleeding appendage on his classmate. 

"It looks bad but it's not like it's lost forever." Shoji snorted. "My quirk allows me to make duplicates on top of duplicates. Only one of those was cut off."

Izuku was glad he wasn't hurt permanently. But his inner wolf still simmered in outrage. 

"Thing is, he couldn't stand seeing me injured like that." Shoji looked back out at the destructive force that was their friend. "The quirk he'd been suppressing began to rage and take over." 

"The darker it is the less control Tokoyami has." Izuku breathed as they watched Dark Shadow roar into the night. "I had no idea his quirk could explode like this."

Izuku didn't know much about Tokoyami's instincts. But they had connected in that they both reacted with animal responses. If Tokoyami had reacted to Shoji getting hurt the implications sent a chill wind down Izuku's spine. The same cold feeling he'd gotten when he'd learned why Lycan gave up control to his wolf. 

"It's probably fueled by his righteous indignation and regret. He'd tried to hold it back, but that just made it wilder." Shoji tensed. "It started lunging indiscriminately to attack. A wild beast lashing out at any sound or movement."

"Forget about me... Go! Find our classmates! Help them instead!" Tokoyami strained to call out from where he was in the center of Dark Shadow. It was crazy mirror of how he used his quirk, now it was using him. "Stop this! Calm down Dark Shadow!" 

Izuku shivered. He hoped he never had to find out what that was like. He'd had a few scares over the years but never a total lack of control. Once again he worried about what this reaction meant to his pack member. 

"His quirk has a weakness to light." Shoji whispered as he peeked from behind their hiding spot. "If we can lead them to a fire at the camp we can calm him down. But Midoriya, I know these are strange circumstances, but I can't abandon a friend suffering. You forced your broken body to get here because you're worried about Bakugou. If you still want to save him, I'll distract Dark Shadow for you. Then you can run."

"Hold on." Izuku hissed. "The fire and camp are both really far away. You'll be in danger." 

Shoji lunged out of their cover as Dark Shadow reacted to their voices and attacked. "I know that. But to save people you have to take risks. That's what makes a hero a hero." Shoji hid them in another spot close by. "Will you stay with me and help Tokoyami? Or will you rush to Bakugou's side? You have to make a choice right now." 

He may be worried about his mate, that was incredibly true. But he could never prioritize his mate over a packmate in danger like this. It wasn't how his instincts were wired; it wasn't how his human mind worked. And it wasn't what Kacchan would want from him.

"I already have." Izuku growled as ideas bounced off of each other in his mind." I have a plan, it's not perfect but it might work."

"What?" Shoji looked at him hopefully.

"If Dark Shadow reacts to sound, then you can use your arms to bait him. Then he can follow us without attacking our actual bodies. We can lead Dark Shadow to Kacchan." Izuku explained. "He'll be able to weaken Dark Shadow with an explosion." 

Shoji turned and, with a resolute nod, moved into view of Dark Shadow. Izuku turned in Shoji's hold and called out to his hunter. "Tokoyami, don't fight against it! Let go of your control and just let it take over. Trust me!" 

 


 

"Flesh... Pieces of meat..." The freak villain hissed above them. "Flesh!"

All of this assholes teeth surged out at once trying to pierce through IcyHot's ice. "Cheap attacks, seriously?" Katsuki snarled. "It's time I hit this guy with everything I've got." 

"You can't!" IcyHot hissed. 

"If the trees burn just cover them with ice stupid!" Katsuki snapped. They couldn't fucking afford to just use Half and Half's ice. He couldn't keep it up forever anyways. Not with how sensitive the bastard was to temperature. IcyHot was already covered in frost. 

"A big explosion will impair my vision; I may not be able to see the fire." The damn Beta argued with him. "And how are you gonna get close to him anyway?!" 

Katsuki growled in irritation. He was just supposed to let them get killed?! That's not how an Alpha did things. That's not how he did things! 

Something in the distance exploded. Not like his own explosions. It was like a concussive rumble. Landslide? Earthquake? 

"There, I see ice!" Deku?! "They're fighting!" 

The earth-shaking rumbles kept coming close and closer and suddenly Ninja Arms tore out of the forest onto the pathway. Trees were leveled behind him as he ran. Where the fuck was Deku, he'd heard his boyfriend voice! 

"Bakugou! Todoroki! One of you, give us some light!" Ninja Arms yelled as he got closer. 

All of a sudden the large teen dove into the ice around them. Something large and inky black smashed the freak villain into the ground. He looked up and stuck in the mouth of the giant black thing was Bird Head. 

He was straining against the monster that was consuming him. Was that his fucking quirk?! Bird Head screamed and twitched.

"Kacchan!" Deku popped his head up from just behind the larger teen. Katsuki's eyes widened, he should have known that nerd would come running instead of staying safe. 

"Shoji and Midoriya, is that- Tokoyami?!" IcyHot exclaimed.

"We need some light now!" Ninja Arms exclaimed. "He's out of control!"

The dodged out of the way of an attack that smashed the ground apart. IcyHot shifted and set his extra down. "He's attacking blindly, I'll use my fire!"

"Not so fast." Katsuki growled as he looked back at where the villain was sharply. Bird Head's quirk had done more than they could in just one move.

"Flesh... Fresh meat... No good.... Can’t allow it... I'm the one that gets to slice them open!" The freak villain yelled as his quirk started to lift him back up. "Don't steal from me!"

The giant shadow grabbed the villain before he could really get going. "You don't matter. Insignificant bug!"

That giant shadow hand broke the strange teeth tendrils like they were glass and. Katsuki smirked he had seriously underestimated what Bird Head was capable of. "Now finish him."

The shadow whipped the villain through trees before hurtling him away. The villain hit another tree and fell to the ground.

"Let's go now." Katsuki threw his arms forward and started exploding his hands. Brighter but small; faster and faster. IcyHot flanked him as his arm and side burned with fire. They moved close and close until Bird Head fell to his knees panting. The damn shadow sank back into his body. "And once again, I'm a terrible match up for you Birdbrain."

"Thanks, you saved me." Bird Head lowered his face and Katsuki scoffed. He was one of the pack Alphas. It was his job to help them.

"We could barely defend against that guy, but you beat him instantly." IcyHot gaped.

"My friend," Ninja Arms walked over. "Are you okay? You did what we needed you to." 

"Shoji, I apologize; you to Midoriya. Anger consumed me, and my quirk took over." Bird Head trembled ad he looked up at the ninja teen.

Katsuki flinched when he saw the raw emotion in the other teen's eyes. He remembered feeling like that, hurting the one most important to him. Huh, Bird Head and Ninja Arms. "The influence of the darkness combined with my fury spurred Dark Shadow until a frenzy. It got so strong I couldn't contain it. Then I ended up hurting Shoji." 

"We'll deal with that later." Ninja Arms said gently and Katsuki turned sharp eyes to his boyfriend. "That's what you'd say if our roles were reversed."

"Okay," Deku leaned over the shoulder of his chosen ride. His face was bruised, and dried blood was caked in his hair. Katsuki couldn't see his arms, but he knew his boyfriend had over done it again. "I don't know if you heard Mandalay, but I found out the villains are after Kacchan." 

Katsuki bristled and stomped over to his boyfriend as the bird headed teen addressed Deku. "Are they trying to kill him?" 

"I don't know." Deku said with a frown. "We should get to camp. It's the safest place to be right now. Vlad King and Aizawa-Sensei are there."

"I understand." Bird Head nodded as if he were taking orders. In a sense he was, Deku was the werewolf Alpha here. "The mission is to get Bakugou back to camp while serving as his protectors." 

Katsuki's fists balled in irritation. He could take care of himself. What the fuck did Deku think he was doing?! 

"We can't continue back along the path. The Pussycats are fighting there and the chance for capture is too high. We should cut straight across." Deku said. 

"We don't know how many enemies there are, we might come across some by chance." Bird Head countered

"Well use Shoji's search ability with my senses. And Todoroki's freezing power. And if Tokoyami is alright with it, we have Dark Shadow now that we can control him." Deku said and shot Katsuki an apologetic look that was rimmed with relief. Katsuki didn't want to think about how fucked up his boyfriend was. Or about the fact that they were talking over him like he wasn't there. "Honestly, with a group of like this we could even go up against All Might."

"Tch, I'd be fine on my own." Katsuki growled in irritation before he reached past the extra arms holding his boyfriend and dragged their lips together. "You got fucking hurt again."

"The villain I fought was trying to hurt Kouta." Deku bit his lip and nudged their foreheads together. No wonder his mate got hurt, Deku would tear his own limbs off to protect a child.

"We'll surround you as we walk." IcyHot cut through the air building between them. Katsuki snarled, assuring one another of their continued health was a ritual of a sort between them.

"I don't need your protection dammit!" Katsuki snarled and Deku growled when he whipped around. Damn he was getting scolded. 

"Let's go," Ninja Arms said and started off, still carrying his boyfriend who watched him frantically.

"Don't ignore me!" Katsuki snapped as he followed begrudgingly. 

"Just make sure you keep up." IcyHot said as he gathered his extra back up and walked after his Alpha. 

"Don't tell me what to do." Katsuki growled at the bastard. 

They walked for a while and Katsuki slipped his hands into his pockets. His senses screamed at him suddenly and he stilled. Bird Head must have noticed too because they stood together. Katsuki went to turn around when a pair of red gloved hands fell on their shoulders from above. Then everything went black. 

 


 

Izuku listened to the forest and frowned when he heard something ahead of them. He inhaled and smelled Bubblegum and Moss. Uraraka and Asui! "Shoji."

"They're through here." Shoji nodded to confirm his sharp heading had picked up the faint noises Izuku had noticed. As they approached Izuku gasped when he saw Asui pinned to a tree by her hair. And on the ground, Uraraka had immobilized an enemy. "Uraraka!"

The call from Shoji startled her and the villain knocked her away. She took off into the woods. "Stop!" Uraraka yelled.

Asui got free and ran to Uraraka. The villain stilled at the edge of the path and Izuku's eyes widened as she frowned at them. "There's too many people here, and I don't feel like getting killed tonight."

She ran off and Izuku nudged Shoji. They needed to make sure their friends were okay. Izuku looked over his female Delta worriedly.

"Who was that girl just now?" Todoroki asked.

"One of the villains." Asui informed them. "She was crazy."

"Uraraka you're hurt." Izuku frowned as he smelled her blood. His brows furrowed and she reached up to cup her arm and then her thigh. 

"It's not bad, I can still walk alright, " She assured him before glaring at him sharply. "You're the one who looks terrible." 

"We can't stand here and talk." Shoji said and Izuku nodded. "Let's move." 

"I'm just glad you didn't get injured too bad." Izuku sighed in relief. "Come on and join us, we're protecting Kacchan and making our way back to camp. We could use your help." 

"If you're protecting Bakugou-," Asui frowned and glanced at Uraraka who looked just as confused. "Then shouldn't he be here with you guys?" 

"What?" Izuku frowned and turned to look behind them. His eyes widened, his mate and Tokoyami were gone. Where was his boyfriend? How had he not noticed Kacchan wasn't grumbling behind them. His heart sped up and his wolf scrabbled at his brain violently. Why had he looked away?!

"Nice trick, eh?" A suave voice called from above. Izuku twisted to see a man standing on a branch above them. He wore a long tan trench coat and a mask under a top hat. He even leaned on a cane. "I took the lad you spoke of with my magic. A talent like his would be squandered were he raised as a hero. We'll provide him with a grander stage where he can shine." 

A small aquamarine orb was tossed up and down in a red gloved hand. Izuku's vision tunneled and he shoved at Shoji with his broken arms until he was put down. His skin felt too tight, his healing moving fast across his arms and fighting to get him in fighting shape. That was his mate this man held. He pressed on his mating bond and got a strange static back, not death. He would have felt that. 

"Give him back." Izuku snarled dangerously. His wolf was edging close to his limits, snarling and snapping at the threat to his mate. He would rip this villain to shreds if Kacchan was hurt.  

"Give him back, what an odd thing to say. Bakugou doesn't belong to anyone, he's his own person. Don't be so arrogant." The villain's voice mocked him. Izuku bared his fangs as his werewolf form boiled violently over his skin. 

"That's my mate you're talking about," Izuku snarled and clenched his broken fingers. "I'm going to rip you apart!"

"Right now!" Todoroki yelled and ice shot up at the branch. But the villain jumped up into the air to avoid it. Izuku watched him sharply, thrust so fully into hunting instincts that he wasn't sure where his wolf began, and he ended. 

"Why the aggression? We merely want to show him he has options besides the fanatical world of heroism he's drowning in." The villain just continued to mock them as he landed on the top of the tree canopy across the path they were on. The only thing Izuku ever wanted his mate to drown in was pleasure and love. "It's important to choose a path that aligns with your core values after all." 

"And what the fuck do you know about Kacchan's values?!" Izuku raged.

They didn't know Kacchan. They didn't know how he'd wanted to be a hero even before his quirk manifested. They didn't know how gentle he could be when he calmed down. They didn't know his insults and cursing hid his insecurity or just expressed his feelings. They didn't know anything about how he wanted to prove to the world he was strong, and that he would be number one.

And these villains thought they knew Bakugou Katsuki?! 

"It's not just Bakugou!" Shoji gasped with the same fervor Izuku had felt. "Tokoyami is gone too!" 

Izuku wasn't going to take his eyes off the villain, he'd already noted the absence. He was going to hunt this villain down until his mate was back. Izuku had never wanted to harm someone maliciously until this very moment. His teeth ached to tear and rend, his claws to shred and stab. 

"If you're monologuing because you think you've beaten us, you're mistaken!" Todoroki shouted from behind him. 

"A bad habit of mine, I was once an entertainer you see. Taking Tokoyami was a bit of improv on my part." The villain was playing with that small bead like orb again. Then he rotated his hand and a second orb joined the first. Kacchan and Tokoyami, Izuku's pack. "Moonfish, our dear blade tooth. He may not look it but he's a dastardly death row devil whose appeal was denied. When I saw the avian take him down so easily and violently I decided he should join our troupe." 

"You bastard!" Izuku roared, "You can't take them!" 

"Midoriya calm down." Shoji urged. Izuku couldn't calm down, his mating bond was wide open, and he still felt nothing but static. Fear was edging with his rage, and it was everything he had to focus on this villain and not lose himself. 

"Take this guy for me." Todoroki yelled and raced up to where Izuku was standing. His largest ice wall yet burst forth the moment his foot landed. Izuku looked around, the villain had to be frozen somewhere. 

"Apologies!" Izuku's eyes raked up to the top of the glacier where the villain was floating over the entire thing. "My specialties are in escapology and sleight of hand, not combat. I'm not foolish enough to fight hero candidates from UA!" 

He passed over the glacier's high points and pocketed the orbs. Then he lifted his hands to his head. "Vanguard Action Squad, I've acquired our target. Our little show has officially come to a close. Meet me at the retrieval point in the next five minutes for our final bow." 

He only had five minutes?! 

"He's going to take them, our friends." Todoroki hissed. 

"He can't!" Izuku snarled and shook his head. He lunged forward and raced after the villain who was leaping over the canopy. He would follow this asshole to the ends of the earth. He felt Todoroki at his side and the others behind him. Kacchan and Tokoyami, how dare he...how dare he!

"Dammit this guy's quick!" Todoroki hissed as they followed the bastard carrying their packmates like they were playthings. 

"If only Iida were here!" Uraraka agreed. 

"Come on!" Todoroki urged. 

"We can't give up!" Shoji choked out. "He's pulling further ahead every second."  

"We have to catch him!" Izuku snarled. "Uraraka you need to make us float! Asui, you need to use your tongue to fling us. Shoji you hold Todoroki and I in your arms and use your quirk to correct our trajectory in the air. Measure the distance with your eyes Uraraka, and when the timing looks right release us!" 

"I see, human bullets!" Todoroki nodded and his pack bond spread open wide. Izuku latched onto it to try and reign his wolf back from the strange floaty feeling it was giving him. Shock maybe?

"Wait Deku, you’re still going to fight with your injuries?!" Uraraka shrieked. 

"Midoriya, you stay here!" Todoroki urged and his worry came through the bond. "If you're in pain-!" 

"Trust me, you can tell, I'm not feeling anything other than rage right now." Izuku snarled in a voice that brooked no argument. He wouldn't settle for any less than sinking his claws into that asshole and making him regret touching Izuku's pack. "I'm doing this. Hurry!"

"Wait Deku!" Uraraka yanked her button down off to reveal her black tank top. She rushed up to him and splinted his arms, they still hurt, pulsing with accelerated healing and One For All. She tore her shirt and wrapped them in the pink fabric. It would have to do. She looked worriedly into his muzzle and cupped his furred arms before nodding resolutely. 

He stood back to back with Shoji and Todoroki as Asui wrapped them all in her tongue. Uraraka touched all three of them with her hands and activated her quirk, then they started to float. "Alright Tsu." 

"Make sure you've got a good grip on them." Asui warned Shoji as she turned on her heel. They swung through the air violently before being launched into the air above the trees. They had so much momentum they caught up damn near instantly. Izuku just bared his fangs as they streaked at the villain. He would make this bastard pay! 

They split apart the moment they made contact and Izuku snapped his jaws out into the coat to gain a firm hold. Shoji and Todoroki grabbed his arms and when their weight returned, they streaked to the ground like a cannon ball. Using this jerk as a landing pad.  

*

Notes:

Just wanna say... I didn't seriously ship it until I was writing this.

Think I just feel in love with Shoji/Tokoyami. So cute.

Chapter 53: What A Twist

Summary:

Izuku experiences something he never thought he would.

Notes:

This is coming up late, took forever to edit. Apologies.

But lots of emotions here!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"Give Kacchan and Tokoyami back to us!" Izuku snarled when he released the villain from his teeth as soon as they landed from their aerial attack. Shoji and Todoroki kept tight grips on the villain on either side of him. 

"Hey, I know these kids! Who are they?!" The villain in a full-bodied spandex suit exclaimed.

"Out of the way Compress." The villain with a body covered in scars exclaimed. He lifted his arm and it was wreathed in blue fire. 

"Got it," The villain under them started to glow the same aquamarine color of the orbs he'd created. The blast of blue fire came at them instantly and they barely managed to dodge it as it blew over them like a cyclone. It still did some damage though.

Izuku cried out as his fur burned on his chest and right shoulder. Shoji shouted in agony, "My arms are burning!" 

"Midoriya, Shoji!" Todoroki called. 

"The beat-up boy and you, you're on Shigaraki's kill list! No they weren't!" Another villain exclaimed from where Todoroki was. 

Izuku dodged as some kind of syringe projectile swept past him and he looked up to see the girl who had attacked Uraraka and Asui. She streaked towards him with a creepy smile. 

"Hi, Izuku, my name's Toga!" She leapt into the air and jumped on him. He was already hurt, and he went down far too easily. She lifted a knife high above her and grinned down at him maniacally. "I've been thinking since I saw you; that you'd be so much cuter if you just bled a little!" 

"Midoriya!" Shoji ran in and knocked her clean off of him. Izuku decided in that exact moment, he was asking Shoji to join his pack. 

"So that's how it is," Toga landed in a crouch some feet away. Shoji kept to one knee next to him like a large defensive wall. But Toga's eyes had narrowed, and Izuku's senses went wild that this was an insane predator. "You want to come between us. To be honest you're not really my type. But I'll cut you anyway." 

"She's crazy," Shoji growled. A tense moment flowed before he turned his head just enough to look at him. "Midoriya, Todoroki, we're done here. He gave away his best trick." 

Izuku looked at the big teen as he got to his feet and looked to where the villain in the tan coat had popped back up near the fire user. Shoji glared at them, "I'm not sure what your quirk is, but it has something to do with the marbles right? Like the ones you stashed in your pocket? So I'm guessing these are Tokoyami and Bakugou." 

Shoji held up both orbs in his fingers. Izuku's heart raced with relief, Shoji had gotten them back. "You rescued them." 

"Ha ha ha, well color me impressed!" The masked villain laughed as he looked at them. "Just as I'd expect of someone with so many hands, how splendid." 

"Right!" Todoroki created a huge ice wall to cut the villains off. Izuku got to his feet as Shoji helped him start their escape. "Nice job Shoji!" 

They were nearing the forest when Izuku's ears flicked forward and his eyes widened in horror. Out of the forest stepped a Nomu. The creature had a dusky green color to its skin. It's brain was bracketed by a purple helmet and strange tubes protruded from its teeth like it had a bite guard. "A Nomu!" 

"This way!" Todoroki tried to alter their path. But a massive pool of black and purple shadows sprung up before them. 

"Not this guy!" Shoji gaped in horror. 

"He was at the USJ!" Todoroki gasped. 

"The warp villain." Izuku was in shock, they had to get away. Survival meant escape now, they had their pack mates back. 

"It's been five minutes since the signal, let's go Dabi." Kurogiri rumbled. Izuku twisted to see other warp portals had opened up near the other villains. 

"Sorry Izuku, but I'll see you later 'kay?!" Toga waved like they were friends, that girl was seriously messed up.

The one that changed his voice and wore the full-bodied spandex suit jumped into another. The scarred villain stayed watching them as the one they had taken down started for their portal. "Hold on, we're not leaving without the kid." 

"Don't worry," The masked villain said. "They were so proud of themselves for rooting through my pockets that I thought I'd let them gloat." 

What?!

"Allow me to explain a basic tenant of magic." The masked villain turned back to look at them with a mocking tone to his voice. He pulled his hat off and shifted his mask away to show a cowl mask covering all but his eyes and mouth. "If I'm flaunting something shiny, it's because there's something else I don't want you to see." 

He stuck his tongue out and showed two of the marbles sitting there. Izuku's fur bristled, no... no...NO! "He's still got them!" 

The marbles in Shoji's hand turned into two large blocks of ice. "Is that my ice?!" 

"That's right." The villain's eyes narrowed condescendingly. "During your ice attack I prepared dummies and slipped them into my right pocket." 

"Dammit!" Izuku's wolf raged in his mind and he lunged towards them, he needed to get there. He needed to save his mate and pack member. Shoji and Todoroki were at his side instantly as they tried to close the distance. 

"A little bit of misdirection." The villain replaced his hat and mask and stepped into the portal mist. "I do so love a twist ending." 

"You can't do this!" Izuku roared. 

"One last bow." The villain inclined his head and body, "And then the curtain falls."

Out of nowhere a beam of sparkling blue white energy blasted the villain int he face. He knew that attack, Aoyama was here?! No time to think about it! The marbles fell out of the villain's mouth as he reeled from the attack.

Shoji lunged at the same time Todoroki did. Izuku couldn't move his arms as the pain struck him hard and fast. He fell to one knee and panted. He cursed his weakness and cursed his worthless body. Hope dare it give out now?! 

Shoji caught one of the orbs, but the scarred villain grabbed the other before Todoroki could grab it. He smirked sinisterly at them, "Well isn't that a tragedy, poor little Todoroki Shouto. Confirm it now, release them." 

Izuku got up and raced for the portal, he wouldn't let them have even one of his pack mates. The compression villain snapped his fingers and in the middle of that portal Kacchan popped up. With the scarred villain holding the back of his neck, he was waist deep in the mist. No... "Check mate." 

"Kacchan, no!" Izuku roared. He forced his arm up to his mate and jumped towards him. Cold horror was in his mate's red eyes, and pure rage and terror flooded their bond link. The portal mist encroached on his body and Izuku's eyes widened when their eyes met. "Kacchan!" 

"Stay back, Deku." Kacchan said as he was pulled through and the portal closed.

Izuku hit the ground and looked around frantically. All the portals were closed, even the Nomu was gone. He screamed when he realized what had happened. His mate was gone, stolen, he'd lost him. 

His wolf had crept up onto his mind and was sinking claws in maliciously. Izuku had the sense to slam his head into the ground as tears burst from his eyes. "T-Todoroki." 

"Midoriya I-," His Beta came forward and Izuku snarled. 

"I need you to create an ice ring around me, as high as you can, as strong as you can." Izuku ordered as he sank his claws into his palms. 

"What, why?" Todoroki asked. 

"I'm about to lose control of my wolf, and you need to contain me. You need to get out of here, I don't know if it will hold me." Izuku growled. "Do it now!" 

"But we need to-," Todoroki started. 

"Do it now!" Izuku roared and he knew he was scaring his Beta. He knew he was being unreasonable. But his wolf was so close he was going to be rolled under its influence at any moment. He would not turn into Lycan. He refused. He refused!

Ice grew around the clearing, tall and thick, isolating him as it grew, and the tops came together in a loose cage of points. Izuku's arms burst from the bindings Uraraka had created as his wolf took over. The beast was raging and moving him fully into wolf form. 

He felt himself pacing and desiring the ground and ice meat him. He felt his jaws opening and closing as it looked for something more to attack. He felt his arms screaming in pain but ignored it because it was nothing compared to the gaping feeling in his chest where his bond connection should be. Kacchan had walled them off entirely, it felt like they'd never connected at all. He had no idea where they had taken him, how long they would keep him alive for. 

It was too much. 

No howl went up from his throat, instead his wolf roared and snarled violently. This was the most uncontrolled he'd ever been. It scared him, it scared him horribly. After some time like this the ice shifted and suddenly he was looking at his Zeta. The man stepped forward once before he stilled. He was speaking but words meant nothing to him like this. 

His Zeta was here because he was out of control. He knew that, he knew he needed to get it together. But Kacchan was gone, taken from him. How could he possibly be controlled without his mate?

He watched his Zeta's hands and started forward with a deep growl rumbling from his chest. He raced for the other werewolf attacking once only to be redirected by the scarf weapon. He twisted on his feet and lunged again; he was leapt over in response. He turned again ready to attack when he froze looking at the Zeta's body language in confusion. His Zeta dropped to his knees and bared his neck. 

Pack... 

Izuku inhaled deeply the scent of saline and linen. He was better than this. He closed his eyes and when he did he felt the wolf quiet, vanishing deep into his mind as his body violently changed back to human. Izuku opened his eyes to see his teacher's hair floating above his head, quirk activated.

"Thank you..." Izuku panted. 

"Now!" Aizawa-Sensei yelled. He was flooded with the smells of pack as they rushed forward with varying levels of panic and worry. Izuku just closed his eyes and let the pain and exhaustion drag him under. Anything was better than losing control again. Anything was better than knowing he'd failed his mate. 

 


 

"That training camp was meant to prepare students to handle villain attacks." Principal Nedzu addressed the meeting room where Toshinori sat with Midnight, Present Mic, and Snipe. "The irony is shameful."

Toshinori was in a deep rage over the entire thing. He couldn't believe the brazen attack on their students. The kidnapping of one of them. His claws remained tucked into his palms, and he closed his eyes to keep the beast inside him calm. 

"We knew the league would resurface, but we lacked a fundamental understanding of their plans." Nedzu scowled down at the reports in front of him. If Toshinori focused he could hear the reporters outside the gates in a frenzy over the entire disaster. "They aim to destroy hero society, and they've already started their war."

"Even if we had understood, could we really have avoided this attack?" Midnight asked. "They're moving pieces we didn't even know they possessed. Besides, All Might put an end to most all organized crime. We're all rusty." 

"We've definitely gotten complacent during peaceful times without realizing it." Present Mic pointed at them all with both fingers. "I guess we all thought we'd be living the sweet life for good." 

Toshinori sighed dejectedly. He well and truly hated himself at this moment. "I will never forgive myself for such cowardly ignorance. Our students were fighting for their lives and I was just...having a relaxing soak in the bath."

"We shouldn't have had the sports festival right after the USJ attack." Snipe sighed. "We wanted to show we were still strong. To have a student kidnapped is our greatest failure as teachers. They've taken Bakugou and society's faith in heroes away from us."

"I agree, the news outlets are currently condemning UA High." Nedzu said calmly. he lifted the articles in the newspaper and on his tablet to show them. "Bakugou was the target but it may have been because of his violent tendencies during the sports festival broadcast. If he ends up joining the villains side, that will be the end of UA as a school." 

"Since were on the topic of trust, there's something I think has to be voiced now." Present Mic started in a normal voice, no hint of his usual embellished tone. "At this point we can't deny it anymore can we? There's a traitor, at this school." 

Toshinori saw the dangerous look his colleague had on his face. It sent worry along his spine. "Only the teachers and the Pussycats knew the location of where the training camp would be." Present Mic stood up and slammed his palms on the table angrily. "Don't you think that's suspicious?! I guess a kid could have used their phone to message a villain but-!" 

"Stop this Mic!" Midnight interrupted. 

"What's the problem?!" Mic snarled as vicious as any wolf. Toshinori knew it was because Aizawa had been there. His mate had been in the midst of it all without him. Toshinori knew his own wolf would have been wild if his mate had been there. Thankfully, he was pretty sure his mate was a civilian. "We have to find who the leak is!" 

"It could be you for all we know." Snipe indicated to the blond hero. "Got any proof that you're one hundred percent innocent. Can we be sure everyone in this room is an ally? If we start doubtin' each other we'll destroy ourselves from the inside. Accusin' a traitor isn't somethin' we should take lightly." 

"At the very least I trust everyone sitting at this table." Nedzu said, and that said quite a lot. With someone of his high intelligence saying that, it left a lot to ponder and think over on that topic. "Though there is no way even I can prove that I am innocent." 

Nedzu took a moment to let them all collect themselves and then he sighed. "For the moment our first priority should be ensuring our student's safety. This is a perfect time to put something in place that I've wanted to do for a while. You see I-"

'A PHONE CALL IS HERE! A PHONE CALL IS HERE! APHONE CALL IS-' 

Toshinori whipped his phone out of his pocket and silenced the ringer. "Excuse me everyone I have to take this." 

"We're in a meeting, at least set it to vibrate!" Mic chided him and he winced as he left the room. Once outside he clenched his fists in rage. What kind of symbol of peace was he that he couldn't even keep his students from harm? What hero?

He swallowed it and answered his phone. "Sorry, what is it Tsukauchi?" 

"We finally finished taking comprehensive statements from Aizawa and Vlad King. And I think we found something." His friend said. "It's possible we have a lead on where the league of villains is hiding." 

"Really?!" Toshinori asked desperately. "Are you serious?" 

"Yeah," His friend was always so reliable. "About two weeks ago I sent an officer around to gather information. A bystander said he'd seen a man with a patchwork face entering a building that is supposed to be vacant. The man looked to be in his twenties, but we didn't find any plausible matches when we looked at criminal records.

"We spoke with the building owner and learned that there's a sort of hidden bar there. My man thought this was unrelated to our case and didn't investigate further. But remember the description of that villain from the attack? He had a patchwork face. Given the profile of this crime, we're moving as soon as we get the green light." Tsukauchi informed him. "This is top secret; I'm only telling you because it's you. We plan to ask for cooperation from many pro heroes for this rescue and inevitable clean up mission. All Might, we need your power." 

He fell silent, he was supposed to be edging out for retirement, his time was so limited now. But for Young Bakugou-, "All Might are you still there?" 

"Tsukauchi, you're a wonderful friend," All Might said as he felt his claws re-sprout and his muscles bulged in anticipation. "And I know just what I'll say when I find them. I AM HERE TO MAKE YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOUVE DONE!" 

 


 

The television was droning on talking about what was wrong with UA in the wake of this whole fucking disaster. Katsuki sat in a chair as tied up as he'd been after the sports festival. Surrounded by these villains he was really fucking pissed off. But he knew he was at their mercy; his only consolation was that Deku hadn't fallen into the portal with him.

"I'm so grateful to the media for all the free publicity lately." Hands said with a manic chuckle, before he turned to look at Katsuki. "Right, isn't it nice Bakugou Katsuki?" 

He glared but kept his mouth shut. He kept his eyes on them while he mentally reached out to his boyfriend. The link was made weak by distance, but it still let him feel the madness inside his mate. That worried him. He knew Lycan had gone crazy because he lost his mate. He didn't want that for Deku, but he had no idea on how to sever their link to save his partner. 

The best he could do was to project a little calm to his werewolf. Then he shut it back down. He had no idea of what they wanted from him, and if it turned out to be torture, he'd keep his mate well out of it. He was going to be number one, this wasn't shit to him. 

 


 

Izuku woke in the hospital, he was getting used to the smell of the place. Raw agony scorched his heart as he looked around blearily. "Midoriya-San." Dr. Mitsu was here? "Good, you've pulled through the worst of it." 

"I have?" He tilted his head and his doctor nodded. 

"You were brought in very delirious," Dr. Mitsu explained from where he was looking at the chart. "I was called in by Aizawa-San, and I sat in on your surgeries and healings. You had severe cranial bruising, not to mention the damage to your arms. You were in and out for two days with seizures. Your wolf tried to come up a few times too, but we managed to sedate you each time." 

"I'm sorry," Izuku felt tears well in his eyes. "I tried to stop myself." 

"You did, no one was hurt because of you." Dr. Mitsu said and sighed. "Tell me, can you feel your mate?" 

He reached to the link and felt a warmth of his mate's comfort before the link closed off. His wolf settled some, but only a little. "I can, it was just for a second." It was enough, at least for right now. "Kacchan's alive" 

"I'm glad, that means I won't have to take you into custody." Dr. Mitsu nodded. "I don't ever want to have to use the containment chamber for you. That's for Lycan, you're a strong wolf Midoriya-San." 

"Has my mom been here?" Izuku looked to the bedside table where a plate of apples sat. A note from her laid there. 

"She did, but she had work to return to. You must call her soon." Dr. Mitsu said sternly. "Recovery Girl came to assist, but your doctor will need to talk to you. You're really testing the limits of what this quirk can do to heal you." 

"I'm sorry." Izuku said miserably. Then his mind went to Kouta, he was glad the boy wasn't there when Izuku went berserk. He wondered if he was alright, if everyone else was alright?

Someone knocked on the door and it slid open. "Hey, Midoriya you're finally awake!" He titled his head to see Kaminari there. "Did you see the news? Reporters are all over the school right now." 

"I'll give you some time to visit." Dr. Mitsu said and gave him a tight smile before he left the room to the crowd of his classmates. 

"It's worse than last time." Sato said. 

"I brought a present, it's from all of us." Mineta held up his gift. "It's a melon." 

"I caused you trouble, Midoriya." Tokoyami looked at him remorsefully. 

"Please, I did this to myself. You're pack, I would do anything for pack." Izuku breathed and he wondered just how deeply he was in shock over the loss of his mate. He cradled their link close, knowing he was alive was going to have to be enough for now. "Did everyone from Class A come to visit?"

"No, Jirou and Hagakure are still out." Iida informed him gravely. "They were knocked unconscious from that villain's poisonous gas. Yaoyorozu took a pretty bad hit to the head, she's hospitalized here. I just found out she woke up yesterday. So it's just us though I obviously wish the whole class could be with us." 

"Only fifteen of us for now." Uraraka said gently. 

"Bakugou is gone." Todoroki said firmly to the dismay of those around him. 

"All Might told me there would always be people beyond our reach." Izuku said as he tried to draw some semblance of logic to get his mind and wolf working right. He couldn't continue like this. He had to get it together. "That we can't protect everyone, even if we want to. Which is why we have to save the people we can reach.

"I was so close to being able to save him. I needed to save him, he's mine. The entire reason I have my quirk is to save people." Izuku felt his voice waver as he put words to his feelings. And it hurt, it hurt so bad. Tears spilled down his cheeks, "My body wouldn't move, I couldn't save the man I love when he was right in front of me. And since I've failed, he's gone." 

"Alright, then let's go get him." Izuku jerked his gaze to Kacchan's Beta. Kirishima looked at him seriously. "I was here yesterday too, and so was Todoroki. We were on our way to visit you when we saw All Might and some police officer talking to Yaoyorozu. She had Awase from Class B plant a tracker on the Nomu. She gave All Might a device to receive the signal. He told her to leave it to him." 

"This means you're planning to have Yaoyorozu make another receiver for you doesn't it?" Iida asked sternly. 

"What if it does?" Todoroki challenged. Izuku knew he was thinking of their fight in Hosu and the implications of their involvement in capturing Stain. Izuku remembered it as well.

"You should listen to what All Might said. We should leave this to the professionals!" Iida exclaimed angrily. "It's not the right time for us to get involved. Idiots!" 

"Maybe! All I know is that at camp...I couldn't do anything." Kirishima snarled right back. He clutched the shirt over his heart and glared at the pack Delta. "I heard my friend was targeted and I just stood by. Helpless. So if I just stand by now, how can I call myself a hero, or a man?! He asked me to be his Beta, what good am I like this to my Alpha if I couldn't even back him up?!" 

"Kirishima calm down were in a hospital." Kaminari urged. Izuku needed to intervene, pack shouldn’t fight internally. "There's a better time and place for this dude." 

"Yeah, and what Iida said is true." Asui spoke up. 

"All of you, just listen to me for a minute," Kirishima shook with his internalized fury. "I know what you're saying is right, but still! Come on Midoriya, he's still within your reach. We can save Bakugou!" 

*

Notes:

I just want to say, keeping up with Twice is like a nightmare. I'm working on a Dabi piece and eventually I'm gonna have to get to Twice as a character. He's just all over the place omg!

Chapter 54: From Iida to Midoriya

Summary:

Izuku recovers and plans to save Katsuki

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

"So, let me get this straight." Ashido cut into the discussing before Izuku could grasp the thought of going for his mate himself. "You're going to her Momo to make you another receiver. Track a bad guy, and try to save Bakugou all by yourselves?"

"Yeah," Kirishima nodded.

"The villains that attacked the camp planned to kill some of us. But they took Bakugou alive." Todoroki said. "What we don't know is how long they'll let him live. That's why we're going after him."

They were going to go with or without Izuku. That was... Kacchan had really made an impression on their class if both of the Betas were ready to run off to save him. Izuku's shock began to ebb away. Replaced by the warm strength of his pack members.

"Have the two of you lost your minds?!" Iida shouted.

"Hey, calm down." Shoji stepped between their class president and the bed. "I get how frustrated Kirishima is. And how Todoroki feels since he couldn't grab Bakugou. I'm upset too."

His unbandaged arm sprouted a mouth that arched back to point at the Betas. "But we can't let our emotions get the best of us, right?"

"Umm," Aoyama interjected weakly. "We should leave this to All Might. Aizawa-Sensei only gave us permission to fight and use quirks at the training camp."

"Aoyama is correct, though I'm part of the reason we failed. So I can't talk." Tokoyami shook his head and looked down in shame.

"You guys-!" Kirishima was getting frustrated, Izuku could feel it. They weren't going to have the support of the class.

"Listen, were all shocked that Bakugou was taken from us." Asui said sternly. "But we have to be rational. It doesn't matter how noble your intentions are trying to find the bad guys. Knowing you're breaking the rules, you'll be acting like villains. Not heroes."

Silence filled the room and Izuku frowned to himself. At this point his wolf was waking up, feeling much like it did when he raced in against the sludge villain. For Izuku it wasn't about being a hero, or a villain. He knew he was being selfish, but his instincts demanded nothing less when it came to their mate.

A knock sounded and cut through the awkward tension. The door opened and a doctor looked through. "Sorry to interrupt, but I need a moment alone with Midoriya."

"Sure, let's go, I want to see how Jirou, and Hagakure are doing." Sero smiled encouragingly at everyone.

"Good idea," Ojiro nodded.

"Yeah okay, feel better Deku." Uraraka waved.

"Thank you for visiting me." Izuku nodded to her and everyone else. 

"We talked to Yaoyorozu already. If we're doing this, it's tonight." Kirishima said to Izuku. "Look, I know you've got some pretty hard-core injuries. So I don't know if you can go, but I know you're and Bakugou are together, for life. I wanted to invite you because you're the Alpha, you're his partner. I imagine you feel the worst. We'll meet in front of the hospital after dark."

He would have gone even without a single one of them. Kacchan was his. But Kirishima was right. He was injured, and he needed to know how bad. 

The doctor came in and wheeled in a cart. Dr. Mitsu followed in and they sat on either side of the bed. "Alright, you've reached the point that I can remove the casts. I'm going to cut truth the plaster." 

Izuku nodded and watched as both bulky cats were removed from his arms. It was a relief to have the pressure off. His arms still ached. Much like they did even he had surgery done after the Sports Festival. 

"Recovery girl performed some very strong healing on your arms while you were unconscious." The doctor said kindly. "Your own healing factor latched into it and directed her efforts to the worst places. So you should be able to move them fairly well right now."

The doctor touched his arms and palpitated to get a feel for the muscles. He nodded and looked at Izuku sternly. "You were really messed up when you got here. You've done a lot of damage since you were last here. This is an absurd amount of trauma."

"Too much has accumulated for your arms to heal cleanly." Dr. Mitsu sighed. "The surgery went well; I was able to arrive and inform the staff of the uniqueness of your quirk. But I saw the scans. There is no way to reverse this damage with your healing."

Izuku looked at his arms. His right was a scarred mess. What had been just his hand was now his whole arm. His wrist was crisscrossed with scars. From his elbow up to his armpit another long surgical scar stretched. A dark patch of skin framed the outside of his arm and up onto his shoulder. The remnant of being burned by blue fire. 

"I knew I was hurt a lot worse this time. I've never faced someone like that villain." Muscular broke bones with his version of a weak punch. He had just toyed around with Izuku.

"I also took a close look at your chart." The doctor said as he tapped his gloved fingers on the casts on the cart. "Bone splinters and torn muscles are painful sure. But they could have eventually been repaired. This time the damage was devastating."

Izuku lifted his arm for Dr. Mitsu who held out his hands. Bandages were wrapped tight around the freshly healed skin of his arms. Binding tight to keep them supported.

"Usually the body has limiters in place to keep us from using more than eighty percent of our strength at any given point." The other doctor examined. "But in a crisis it's possible for those limiters to fall away allowing us to use one hundred percent. We call it Hysterical Strength. The only reason we have those limiters in the first place is because our bodies can't handle the strain."

Izuku looked down, he'd been able to push himself farther than anyone should be able to. But he was still only human with a werewolf quirk that wasn't invincible. His healing wasn't a miracle. "You have this hysterical strength. Because of that your power ended up overcharged for an extended amount of time."

"You kept your wolf form on for too long with these injuries. Sometimes changing shape moves the bones back into place so they're easier to heal. But you stayed in the shape you were damaged in for too long." Dr Mitsu agreed with his knowledge of how Izuku's quirk worked. The other doctor passed Izuku a tablet as the specialist tied off Izuku's bandages.

On the screen were his x-rays. "It's bad for your bones and muscles to get battered, of course. But it's worse for your ligaments, they protect the joints. And yours are seriously degraded."

"This isn't even something I can get to grow back either. The same can be inferred from Yagi-San's condition as a similar example. While his organs regenerated, his ligaments did not." Dr. Mitsu explained with a curious look in his eyes. "I wonder what it is about ligaments that differs from other body parts? What is the full parameter for regeneration? So much more to learn about this quirk."

"In other words," The doctor looked at Izuku's specialist sternly. "If you sustain this type of injury again, even just two or three more times, I don't think you’re going to be able to move your arms anymore." "

Izuku's eyes widened as his claws stretched over his bandages. Not able to use his arms? What about bend a hero? What about being able to run in wild form? This was...this was not okay! How could he have let it get that bad?!

"For now, focus on rehabilitation. I've worked with Dr. Mitsu on a regimen I think will work for you."  Both doctors nodded to each other. "Use your arms a lot, even if it hurts. UA will receive our report and we'll leave it to them. I'll discharge you today so you can go home and take it easy. Take this seriously."

"Please," Dr. Mitsu added in with concern in his gaze. 

"Right," Izuku looked down. Only a few months into his high school career and he'd done this much damage to himself with One For All. How was he going to become a hero with the damage of a twenty-year veteran pro? He couldn't let it happen again. "Thank you both for your help. I'm sorry for any trouble I caused."

"Recovery Girl is fed up with you." The doctor smiled as he got to his feet. "But I get the impression that's nothing new."

"It's not." Dr. Mitsu chuckled and patted Izuku on the back.

"Here." The doctor held out a folded note. Izuku frowned as he took it. "Don't forget you did save someone. Healing begins in the mind. Try not to worry, stay positive"

To Midoriya-san; From Kouta.

Izuku clutched the folded-up paper gently with his claws. Kouta wrote to him?! Both doctors left the room and Izuku took his new moment of freedom to go up to the roof. The air tasted sweet and settled his woken wolf. 

It felt sheepish, bothered that they had lost control. Izuku was bothered too, but they were in agreement. Kacchan was their mate, and they had failed him. It wasn't okay. Izuku became aware of Kouta's note in his hand again, so he opened it. 

'Dear Midoriya-San, 

I'm sorry I punched you in the balls.'

Izuku snorted with a slow smile spreading across his cheeks. This kid. The writing was sloppy, clearly from Kouta’s own hand.

'Thank you for saving me, even though you'd just met me. Please get better soon. So I can thank you in person okay? Kouta.'

Izuku looked at the sky and gritted his fangs. This kid that hated him, then he'd written a thank you letter. For saving him. Izuku and his wolf fit together again. A unit once more, though it was still a bit unstable. He knew what he needed to do; he'd decided the moment he woke up. 

He went back to his room and stored the letter carefully with his things. He got dressed and started in on the sliced apples his mother left him. Then he called her after going through his notifications. She answered her cellphone anxiously. 

"Hi mom," He greeted. 

"Oh Izuku!" Her voice erupted into sobs and he sighed with an exasperated smile. He'd really worried her. "Are you okay?!" 

"Yeah, I was discharged. But there's something I have to do, so I won't be home until tomorrow or so." Izuku informed her, he just didn't want her to worry.

"Are you feeling alright?!" She asked frantically. 

"Yeah, I'm all healed up and I can move now at least. My body feels kind of run down and sluggish though. Even with the healing they performed." He told her, but he'd get better. He had to or he'd fail at his dreams like he'd failed at saving Kacchan. 

"There hasn't been a statement from the school yet." She mentioned. "I've received a letter about them wanting to open up dorms. New security measures?"

"I've heard it's because UA wants a close eye on the students." He'd looked at the email before he called. "All that, and they want to keep the media out for as long as possible before they find out."

"Izuku," His mom choked out and Izuku stilled in his eating. "Do you...really have to go back to UA?"

Izuku sighed, he knew she was a worried wreck. He'd not helped in that regard at all. With everything going on, the implications were pretty bad. He knew they would be as soon as he'd called her. The public wouldn't be happy about what happened. This was the fourth incident involving the League of Villains. 

"Let's talk about this later." He said decisively. He couldn't deal with this now, not with Kacchan in danger. And Kacchan was what mattered. Not UA, not the public's opinion, not even his mother’s opinion. Right now, he needed to focus on Kacchan. "I'll call you when I'm done doing what I have to do. Love you."

He hung up when her teary goodbye dragged out further. He'd apologize later.

 


 

Izuku was walking down the hospital main hallway when he saw Yaoyorozu exiting the elevator. She saw him and frowned sadly. "Midoriya, I'm sorry I couldn't visit earlier."

"That's alright." He said and tucked his arms into his hoodie pockets. "I'm glad you're doing better."

"Thank you." She looked away with a grimace. "About Bakugou. I wanted to offer my apologies about that as well. I know...I know wolves mate for life."

"They do." Izuku looked away as well as his wolf whined into his mind. "If you don't decide to help us, I'll track him on my own."

"On your own?!" Yaoyorozu blinked at him in surprise.

"I watched myself fall into my quirk because Kacchan was kidnapped. Trapped under the weight of my own anger and fear. If Kacchan dies, I'll feel it." Izuku shivered just thinking about it. "If I can save him I will. Because I don't want to know what kind of monster I'll become if he dies. Locked up right next to Lycan."

She studied him for a long moment. Then she nodded and headed for the doors. He followed her out to the street where Todoroki and Kirishima were waiting.

"So how about it? Did you decide?" Kirishima asked her.

"I think that -," Yaoyorozu started.

"Hold on." Izuku jumped at Iida's voice.

"Iida," Kirishima sighed.

"Why are you here?" Izuku asked. He valued his friendship with the Delta, Iida was irreplaceable to Izuku. But this was Kacchan, and he was going whether the other teen disapproved or not.

"You- why did it have to be you two of all people?" Iida gritted out as he clenched his fists. "The ones who stopped me when I acted recklessly? Who received amnesty with me after Hosu? Who shares this pack bond with me? Why are you trying to make the same stupid mistakes I made?! Didn't you learn?!"

"What are you talking about?" Kirishima stepped forward and Todoroki stopped him. Izuku sighed deeply, Iida was right. But Izuku wasn't going to stop, he couldn't.

"We're still just students, and UA is in a bad position right now. Anything we do will reflect on our school." Iida looked down as his body tensed with anger. "Don't you get that?"

"Iida, I have to. I know you don't like us breaking rules-," Izuku started for the other teen. He was so focused on calming his friend down, he was too slow to see the sudden shift in Iida’s body language. That resulted in Izuku being punched in the jaw.

"In frustrated too and concerned! Obviously!" Iida Shouta as Izuku rocked on his feet. He was so startled that he stood there and frowned. "I'm the class president dammit! I'm worried about the students, not just Bakugou!"

Izuku straightened and fought back his wolf. They weren't ready for pack dynamics now; he'd told his pack not to worry about it. They didn't know every little thing about his instincts like Kacchan did. 

"When I saw your injuries all I could think about was my brother in the hospital!" Iida yelled. "What if your bodies end up irreparable just like his?! Because I didn't step in?! Have you not stopped to think about where I'm coming from?! Or are you saying you don't care how I feel?!"

Izuku felt Iida's hands grab his shoulders, so he looked up. "Of course I care," Izuku growled. "I'm going to forget you just hit me because of course I understand! But this is Kacchan, my mate. I'm connected to him soul deep. I can't-!"

"Iida," Todoroki cut in before Izuku could get lost in it again. "You've got it all wrong. We don't expect to face them head on and win. We'll get him back without fighting."

Iida let him go and Izuku felt his muscles unclench. Izuku hadn't even planned to fight when he was thinking of going alone. He was just going to get there, find an opening, and sneak Kacchan out.

"We’ll be stealthy." Kirishima agreed. "I'm talking covert ops here; we can rescue him without breaking the rules."

"I trust in Todoroki's judgment, but still, things can always go wrong." Yaoyorozu spoke up. "So I'll join you as back up. I'll stand behind my classmates."

"You can't be serious?!" Iida demanded.

"You're the best!" Kirishima exclaimed to her.

"I know I'm hurt, but if I can still move at all I can't just sit still." Izuku said to his friend because he needed him to understand. Wolf instincts, human feelings, it was all the same to Izuku. "I have to do something. All I can think about is saving him."

"I'll never agree." Iida growled and closed his eyes. "So I'm going to come with you."

Everyone settled down after that. They started walking after that. Heading away from the hospital and towards the station.

"Midoriya," Iida drew his attention and bowed at the waist. "I shouldn't have hit you back there. I'm sorry, forgive me." 

"I have some concerns Iida." Yaoyorozu spoke to him. "What exactly is your justification for changing your mind and joining us."

He was still bowing! "I-It's okay!" Izuku stammered, he reached out and ran his fingers over Iida's neck before he freaked out. There, apology accepted. "Really!" 

"To be clear, I'm coming because I don't condone your behavior, it's as simple as that." Iida said sternly. "If I even think there's a hint of physical combat breaking out, I'll make you retreat immediately. So in other words, I'm your watchman!"

"Exactly what we needed." Todoroki deadpanned sarcastically. 

"Well, the same goes for me." Yaoyorozu said. "Rescuing Bakugou is a job for the pros. Objectively speaking there's no reason for any of us to go after him. However I understand how each of you feel. So I'm compromising, don't forget that." 

She lifted her receiver from her pocket to show them. Todoroki nodded to her, "Right." 

"Understood." Kirishima nodded. At least they were serious. Izuku started off again and they headed for the station. 

 


 

"The coordinates indicate the Kamino Ward, Yokohama City in Kanagawa Prefecture." Yaoyorozu said as the train took them towards their destination. "It will be about two hours from our starting point, so we should arrive at ten o'clock tonight." 

"So," Izuku looked to Todoroki. "Did you tell the rest of the class what we’re doing tonight"

"Yes," Todoroki sighed as he ate some of the snacks Izuku had handed them. Providing for pack was about the only thing tethering him down at the moment. He was keeping it together with a goal in mind. But Izuku was afraid of what would happen if they failed again. "They tried their best to talk us out of it." 

"Yeah, even Uraraka ganged up on us to get us to change our minds." Kirishima chimed in.

Izuku knew the others knew surface wise that he and Kacchan were together as mates. But no one really understood that being mated literally meant for life. If Kacchan died... Izuku shook his head, he couldn't put this on them. It wasn't even an option for an outcome. 

"Just to make sure, you know we're going against everyone's wishes. We're being completely selfish by doing this." Todoroki looked at him. "We can call the whole thing off." 

"Do I look like I want to turn back?" Kirishima challenged. "Bakugou wouldn't have thought twice about going after the villains."

"You're right, if it were me Kacchan would have burned the world down to me back." Izuku looked at his hands and mentally apologized to All Might. His mentor had given him everything and he was betraying the gift by doing this. To his mother, for risking his life and scaring her endlessly. And to Kacchan, for being unable to save him. For having to come and save him now. He was going to risk his future to save his mate. "I'm not backing down. He belongs to me, and I belong to him." 

"I see," Todoroki nodded. "Alright then" 

 


 

Kamino Ward was a bustling area this late at night. Izuku looked around in a bit of awe. He was used to the quiet of his regular neighborhoods. "So this is Kamino Ward." 

"It's so crowded." Todoroki said next to him. 

"Those villains are hiding somewhere in this city. Just tell me where to go!" Kirishima exclaimed and started forward. 

"Wait a second!" Yaoyorozu hissed. "From now on we have to be extremely careful. These criminals already know what we look like, remember? We need to consider that we could be attacked at any moment."

"You're right," Izuku lifted his hands, claws out, to his his face. "Stealth mode." 

"You're standing out even more Midoriya." Todoroki sighed. 

"We won't be able to scout effectively if we're recognizable." Iida mused thoughtfully. 

" 'Kay, so what should we do?" Kirishima asked. 

"I have an idea" Yaoyorozu pointed behind her at a store with a blush on her face. "It's a bit old school." 

It was a discount store. Off brand, and novelty goods if Izuku was correct in his assumption. She seemed rather excited about it too. He got kind of excited as well when Kirishima handed him stuff to put on once they were in the store. Even novelty facial hair. 

He tried on the pink shirt and paired it with pleated blue pants and a blazer jacket. He put on the glasses and managed to get his hair off of his forehead and it curled away wildly. With the fake goatee on his chin he looked like a gangster. He opened the door and decided to test out a persona to match the outfit.  "Yo, what're you lookin at?!"

He smirked when Todoroki opened his curtain and stood there in a button down and vest with dress pants. He wore a black wig with white accents that covered his scar perfectly. He ruined the effect by looking at Izuku with a deadpan stare and said, "This is me, incognito." 

Yaoyorozu came out in a pink wrap around dress with sunglasses on and a stern look on her face. Pouty, and entitled looking. She'd also changed her hair style making it even bigger in a decent pony tail style. She looked like she'd stepped out of a hair spray commercial. "We should blend in more perfectly now." 

Iida wore a short sleeve button down with a bow tie and suspenders. He had his hair slicked back and a slim mustache on his upper lip. He looked so different as he fussed with the bowtie. "I feel so ridiculous." 

Kirishima came out of the dressing room with his hair down and wearing a deep burgundy leather jacket and pants. Fake horns topped his hair. He grinned at them, "I don't know, I kind of dig it." 

They left the store and Kirishima egged Izuku on in his new delinquent thug act. He stuffed his hands on his pockets and swaggered with the group. "Watch it punks! Get lost! " 

"No, it's all wrong! You gotta stick your chin out more!" Kirishima demonstrated and Izuku nodded. 

"You talking to me?!" He wanted to fit the role now that he'd tried it out. It was kind of fun despite the dire nature of why they were here in the first place. He might have been projecting a little bit of Kacchan's natural attitude. 

"Were just a few scoundrels looking for hot girls!" Iida threw in maniacally. He gotten similar coaching from Kirishima. 

"Close enough!" Kirishima gave him a thumbs up. 

"Great disguises, we'd stand out in this district looking like students." Yaoyorozu crowed with a smirk as she adjusted her sunglasses. 

"Don't give them ideas Kirishima." Todoroki chided the other beta with a sigh before he turned to the girl in their group. "Yaoyorozu, couldn't you have just made this stuff with your quirk instead. It would have saved money." 

"Well technically, but that's against the rules!" She exaggerated swung her arms as she pouted. "If I started making everything, think of the impact it would have on the economy. We must ensure the flow of commerce. That's right, it's our civic duty, as citizens!" 

"Sure," Todoroki conceded in acceptance. Izuku snickered, she must have just wanted to go shopping. He remembered how excited she was when she put make up on him. Her and all the other girls. 

"Our destination is this way." She said languidly, like she was trying out a role too. 

"Whoa it's UA High!" Someone exclaimed. Izuku stiffened and twisted around ready to be a punk thug to dissuade anyone who recognized them. But he was shocked to see on one of the large TV monitors was a news broadcast. The principal Aizawa-Sensei, And Vlad King-Sensei were all bowing on camera. 

"It's Aizawa-Sensei," Izuku shoved through the crowd to get a better look. 

"And Vlad King and the principal." Yaoyorozu gasped next to him.

'We are here, to apologize.' Aizawa-Sensei was wearing a suit, and his hair was combed back. Izuku hadn't seen his teacher since he'd put Izuku's wolf to sleep. He didn't look right like this. 'A recent incident allowed harm to come to twenty-seven first year heroes. And we staff members, were ill-prepared. We take responsibility for any trauma caused by our negligence. It's our duty to train heroes, but also to protect heroes in training.'

"This is crazy, he hates being on TV." Kirishima exclaimed. He was right, there was a reason Aizawa-Sensei was an underground hero. Being on camera like this, exposing his identity to the world, was dangerous to him. 

'I'll take the first question. Since the beginning of the year, students have had four encounters with villains. This time there were students who were gravely injured. How would you explain this to their families?' One of the reporters in the news room asked. 'And what are some of the steps you're taking to ensure their safety in the future?'

The media should know what UA's basic poison was. They didn't cancel the sports festival to show the school's strength. That they were not deterred. They wanted the teachers to look bad now.

"They're treating them like villains." Izuku growled. That was his pack zeta, his teacher in there. 

'We will increase patrols around the school grounds. And review security measures within the school. The safety of the students is our main concern, make no mistake about it.' Principal Nedzu addressed the media. Around them, Izuku could hear the crowd losing faith with their disbelief. Public morale was really shaken thanks to this incident. 

 


 

Katsuki was beginning to hate the news broadcasts. Like clockwork the fucking villains watched and then turned to him with their shitty talking. 

Hands had the worst attitude out of all of them. Mocking him before asking Katsuki to join the League Of Villains. Katsuki's first answer to that was to tell the villain to take a walk-in traffic. 

Now as they turned the TV off on the broadcast with his teachers and principal he really didn't want to hear the new spiel. "Well, they're not dealing with this very well at all. So much criticism, everyone makes a mistake or two right? It's not like they're supposed to be perfect. Modern day heroes sure have it rough. Don't you think Bakugou?"

"Once a hero receives money to protect people, they're not a real hero anymore. That's what Stain's actions taught us." The lizard leaning on the wall like a shitty cosplayer piped up. 

"A hero in this current system only cares about money and glory. And since society buys into those idiotic rules, anyone deemed a loser is shoved aside. So we want to pose some questions." Hands spoke in that raspy grating voice. Katsuki fucking hated it. "What is a hero? What is justice? Is this society truly fair? Soon everyone will be asking. That's when we'll know we've won. And you like winning don't you?" 

That's what this new monologue was about. Another way to dig at Katsuki's insecurities. He was someone who lived by all the things they despised. They didn't know that about him, otherwise he'd be dead. Trying to recruit him said they only picked him because he was loud, mean, and destructive. 

Fucking idiots. 

"Dabi, let him go." Hands ordered the scar faced asshole who'd tied him up to begin with. 

"You know he'll just fight." The other villain warned. They were getting cock, thinking they'd won. Thinking his silence was him giving in. They didn't know anything about how patient wolves were. Katsuki did though, and he was embodying every bit of his partner to survive this. 

"It's fine, we're recruiting him. So we should treat him as an equal." Hands countered with his arms spread wide. "Besides, he's smart enough to know he can't take us all right? After all, UA students are so clever."

"Hey Twice, you do it." The scarred man avoided the job smoothly. Looked like he liked the scars he had more than he wanted new ones. 

"Sure thing, no way!" The costumed villain exclaimed in two different voices. 

"Do it." Scar Face ordered. 

"Aww man!" 

"I do apologize for such forceful methods," The masked weirdo that captured him spoke from the corner. "But please understand, we're not some unruly mob committing crimes without a third act in mind. We didn't kidnap you by accident." 

Katsuki looked down as the costumed freak set to working on his restraints. He watched carefully, until his hands were free. He massaged his wrists to be sure his sweat glands weren't clogged from being cuffed. 

"Even though our backgrounds are different; everyone here has suffered at the hands of people, rules, and heroes who try to hold us back. I'm sure you're the same." Hands said as he got up and walked over. 

Katsuki kicked the villain who fed him in the face and lunged at the hand bastard with an enraged roar. He blasted an explosion that got him some distance. Katsuki crouched and clenched his fingers. 

"Shigaraki!" The idiot he'd kicked exclaimed. 

"I'm done listening to your endless talking." Katsuki growled. "Can you not get to the point or do you just like the sound of your own voice?"

He was tired of hearing all the shit he felt about himself dragged up again! First he wasn't good enough according to Jeanist, he needed to be fixed. Then he'd make a great villain according to these assholes.

"Basically what you're saying is you want to cause some trouble and you want me to join you." Katsuki summarized every conversation that had surrounded him for the past two days. "Well screw you."

He didn't care what society thought of him. He didn't care if he was too brash, too loud, or too mean. He was going to be a hero. And the only person whose opinion, mattered was Deku's. 

"Yeah, I like to win." Katsuki snarled as he reneged his mate, remembered their shared dreams. Their drive and where it came from for the both of them. "I want to win like All Might. No matter what you offer me that'll never change. Do you understand me?!" 

*

Notes:

BTW the shopping scene is hilarious. I like to think now that even Deku needs to go undercover he takes out the gangster persona. So over the top that no one wants to look at him for too long cause it's really dorky. So it works. Lol

Chapter 55: All For One

Summary:

Izuku and his friends search for Katsuki. Katsuki is just trying to survive.

 

Or alternatively called the episode of video calls and tv's. Lol

Notes:

Hello everyone, sorry for the break. October happens to be my favorite month, I've been doing all kinds of Halloween themed things with my son. He makes a cute little Ewok. So, to update, depending on what I have finished and ready in advance, do not expect updates on Halloween. Its my wedding anniversary and I happen to like being pampered by my husband on such a day.

But other than that we'll be updating as usual until we get to the end of season 3 and then we'll be on hiatus until season 4 or I get impatient and just decide to go off of the manga. Whichever hits me first. Gonna be branching out into another BakuDeku fic once we get to that point. Not sure what it will be yet.

I'm thinking of doing a Christmas themed comedy with some smut worked into it. Like a Nutcracker story, overly hilarious in my head. Idk. Also thinking of doing a haunting comedy, not sure how that will work but I can just see 1-A being utterly ridiculous in the middle of a haunting. Totally capable heroes, worthless as teenagers.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

'You spoke about keeping the students safe Eraserhead,' A reporter's voice echoed from the tv. Once again on, as he glared across the room at the villains. 'But according to our information you encouraged them to fight during the attack on the training camp, putting them in grave danger. What was your reasoning for this?' 

'I concluded that because we didn't know the full situation, allowing them to use their quirks would help avoid the worst possible outcome.' Aizawa responded, as serious as ever. 

'What would that outcome be? Do you think twenty-six victims and one kidnapped child is a win for UA High?'

'I assure you that things could have gone much more poorly.'  Katsuki's teacher informed. 'I feared that every student would be tortured and killed in the end.'

'Most of the victims were harmed by the gas attack.'  The principal cut in. 'We determined it to be a result of a poisonous quirk used by one of the villains. It was thanks to the quick actions of Kendo-san and Tetsutetsu-san that injuries were kept to a bare minimum. Actually, we're providing mental health care to every student, though at the moment we don't see any signs of serious psychological trauma.'

'So you found a bright spot in this tragedy?' 

'We're relieved that an entire class of burgeoning heroes still have a future.'  The principal replied. 

'Can you say the same for the abducted Bakugou Katsuki?'  The mention of his name drew the attention of some of the villains in the room, some of the others kept their eyes on Katsuki and the hand villain who was staring down at the hand on the floor.

'He enrolled in your school with excellent marks and went on to win the Sports Festival. Before that, he survived the attack of a powerful sludge villain who eventually had to be taken down by All Might. The boy is obviously strong and heroic. On the other hand, his attitude and the violence displayed during the award ceremony both show that he cannot control his temper. What if this is the real reason the villains kidnapped him? What if they're brainwashing Bakugou right now, pulling him towards the path of evil? How can you sit there and tell us he still has a future?' 

It really pissed him off when people thought they knew him. The villains, the reporters, now the damn public. Everyone thought so fucking little of him. He was going to survive this and show them all. By the time he was number one the world would be screaming his name in praise instead of condemnation.

'As Bakugou Katsuki's teacher, I take full responsibility for not taming his violent behavior. However, his actions at the sports festival were born of his deep-seated convictions. He's trying harder than anyone in his pursuit to become the top hero.' Damn, what was he supposed to say about that?  'If the villains think they have a chance with him, then they are grossly mistaken. I can guarantee you that much.'

'That doesn't amount to real evidence though. I didn't ask you how you feel, I asked you if you have concrete information?'

'We're doing our best with the intel we currently have available.' The principal cut in again. 'I have no doubt the police will break this case very soon. We won't rest until our missing student is returned to UA.' 

"Hah, did ya hear the teachers? They get me more than I thought." Katsuki smirked as a bit of relief coursed through him, knowing they didn't actually believe he'd just up and turn coat. No, he'd never give up on his dream. "I'll never join your league of bastards!" 

They mounted that huge attack just to bring him to their base. These idiots even told him what they wanted. They wanted to recruit him, which meant they weren't going to kill him. He looked across the room at them all and scoffed, what a bunch of amatures.

Now was his chance, he needed to take a couple out to cause confusion and get the hell out. Deku was not going to be doing well, he knew that much. He needed to be there in case the asshole lost control. He probably already did. 

"We may not be at camp, but I'm still allowed to fight!" Katsuki snarled. 

"He must have figured out he's important to us." One of the villains sighed. "He's a clever boy." 

"No, he's a fool." Scar Face replied. 

"Let me stab him." The girl in the school uniform giggled from behind the bar. Fucking creepy. 

"A clever performer would have acted like we were winning him over. Now that he's broken character, he's finished." The masked asshole who captured him condescendingly added in. Katsuki sneered, he didn't know shit. 

"I only do whatever I want to, and I won’t pretend otherwise." Katsuki lifted his hand to ready himself, this was a large group, he was going to have to push hard to cause some damage. "I'm tired of being surrounded by some lame ass wannabes!" 

"Father," Hands rasped as he finally spoke. 

"No Shigaraki Tomura! Be calm!" The warp bastard yelled from the bar as Hands lifted his arm to hold the room back. 

"Don't lay a finger on him, any of you." That raspy voiced shit ordered. He reached down and picked up the fallen hand to fit onto his face. "This hero, is still a valuable piece. I wish you would have listened to what I had to say. I thought you and I could come to an understanding." 

Katsuki was reminded of Jeanist at that moment. The way he'd insinuated Katsuki was one step away from being a villain, that they came from the same shitty cloth or whatever. This was also what he meant. He still said it in the shittiest way possible. "What? You think we're the same?" Katsuki smirked, "Not a chance." 

"Then I have no choice." Hands said. "The heroes said they'd continue the investigation of our group. So we don't have time to stand here and talk. Sensei, lend me your power." 

Katsuki frowned as Hands turned to look at a computer monitor. It was blank with no video streaming, but this asshole was obviously talking to it. Who the fuck was Sensei? Was Hands not really the one in charge here?

'That is a wise decision Shigaraki Tomura.' The voice that came through raised the hair on Katsuki's neck. All of his instincts screaming at him that whoever that was more dangerous than anyone he'd ever seen before.  

 


 

"Okay, this is the spot the tracker is broadcasting from." Yaoyorozu leaned on the corner of the street they had come down. 

"So that's their hideout?" Kirishima asked as he looked across the street. "It's not a bad one I guess." 

"Maybe it is and maybe it isn't." Yaoyorozu replied. "According to the tracking information the villain hasn't left this location for the past day. That's all we know. They could have Bakugou somewhere else, we went into this operation completely blind for the most part. Please try to proceed logically." 

"I don't like this, none of us are good at sneaking around. We need Hagakure or Jirou." Iida mentioned. Well, Izuku was good in wolf form, but he didn't want to risk shifting here. Human form was all he could do at the moment. And in human form, despite his senses, he could only do so much while sneaking around. No more or less than anyone else. "If I think things are going to get the least bit dangerous were done. I won't hesitate to call the police either to make sure my friends are safe." 

"Thank you Iida." Izuku knew he was asking a lot of his friend. "So what can we do with what's in front of us? I can't open my mating bond, Kacchan has it sealed off. And unless I get closer I won't be able to know if he's inside or not..." 

He trailed off into muttering as his human mind worked over all the different strategies he could use. He'd need to get close enough to scent Kacchan, then they would know for sure they were in the right place. But what if he wasn’t here?

No, he couldn’t think of that. He had tight reigns on his wolf right now. A serious shock could make him lose control again. He wasn't in the forest where he could be contained. This was a metro area; he couldn't afford to lose it here. 

 


 

"Why should I clean up UA's mess?" Endeavor sneered to Tsukauchi as the two teams met via video call to talk strategy before the operation. Toshinori nearly growled at the other pro for his attitude. "I'm a very busy man as you know." 

'Get off your high horse,' Best Jeanist sneered through the call, 'You are a UA Alum.' 

"We can't call any heroes away from the school. There's a bigger picture here Endeavor." Tsukauchi was unfazed entirely, causing the flaming hero to scoff. This was why they were friends. "It's possible this incident is the beginning of the end for hero society. We'll stop at nothing to resolve this successfully." 

'During the internships I invited Bakugou to my agency to try and reform him.' Best Jeanist spoke up. 'I've met very few as stubborn as he is. I imagine he's fighting back. We need to hurry.' 

'Not even you were able to change his behavior?' Gang Orca asked as he approached the other hero on screen. 

'Yes, he was inflexible, pride sewn into his very core' Best Jeanist shook his head. Toshinori but his tongue, the couldn't force the boy until roles they deemed right. He needed to find his own way. Toshinori already thought the boy was admirable. 

'My comrade Ragdoll was also taken,' Tiger spoke up, 'This is my chance to get her back.' 

"Based on the tracking device sent by one of the students, we now believe there are two separate hide out locations" Tsukauchi explained, "We know where the kidnap victim is located. We'll send the bulk of our forces there. Retrieving Bakugou is our priority. At the same time we'll gain control of the other hideout. This will cut off their paths to retreat. We'll arrest them all at once." 

Toshinori listened intently to his friend. The life of his student, his Alpha depended on him being able to do the right thing. He had been late to the USJ, and he'd not been there at the mall, he hadn't even been present for the training camp. And look at the mess that had occurred each time. He was going to save his student, and he was not going to let the league have its way. He wasn't going to let All For One get away again either. 

"Toshinori," Gran Torino looked up at him and he looked to his mentor. "If they're recruiting old men like me then-"

"What are you suggesting?" Toshinori demanded and turned his hero body around. "You’re still Gran Torino, and with such staggering stakes at hand we can be sure that he is involved." 

He was certain All For One had died. Now that he knew he wasn't dead...he couldn't do this without the elderly hero. Gran Torino was just as involved as he was. It was just as personal to Toshinori's mentor. 

"All For One." Gran Torino spoke dangerously. 

"We have the element of surprise. We will not let these villains get away!" Tsukauchi addressed everyone and drew attending back to him. "At the press conference earlier we asked Principal Nedzu to act clueless to deceive the villains. He feigned ignorance on camera as if we didn't have leads. After hearing his words, the villains won't expect us to rush in on the very same day. We'll retaliate, it's time for our counter attack! Remind the world what you can do Heroes!" 

Tsukauchi always knew how to light a fire in him. He would have made a great hero, but it was just as well. The police force needed officers like him. He turned and joined the others as they left the building and streamed through an alleyway out onto the evacuated street. Up in front of them was the bar they were going to hit. Toshinori edged back into being All Might. Tonight he was going to be heroic. 

 


 

"We've gotten pretty close, but I haven't seen anything move inside." Yaoyorozu said as their group hovered in front of a vending machine. 

"Yeah, there isn't even a light on inside." Kirishima threw in. "It doesn't look like anyone's home." 

"They're hiding this lair in plain sight." Todoroki chimed in. "Looks like any other abandoned warehouse." 

Izuku looked back and frowned, he couldn't smell anything, his hearing couldn't even get through the walls. "The weeds are overgrown, and the ones under the door are thick and undisturbed." Izuku informed them, "No one has been through there in a long time."

They were going to have to find another way inside, he needed to get in to see if Kacchan was even in the building. But they had to be careful, they couldn't go in recklessly. Kacchan's life depended on their ability to sneak in and get to him. 

"Hey! You looking for a real man darlin?" Izuku jerked back as two drunken men surprised him. He'd been so focused on the building; his senses hadn't picked them up at all? He'd put too tight a reign on his wolf, he hadn't noticed them anywhere in his usual range. "Ditch these losers and come drink with us!" 

"No, I'm good!" Yaoyorozu said weakly. 

"Come on!" The other guy swatted his friend, "Don't go picking fights." 

They immediately jumped into the roles they were given by Kirishima and Todoroki started to walk away. Izuku sneered as Iida loudly exclaimed that Yaoyorozu was with them. "Let's get out of here." 

"Aww Todoroki I was getting into it too." Izuku pouted as they moved behind another building. 

"It's not crowded but there are still people around here." Todoroki said as he looked out at the street. 

"We can't draw attention to ourselves, what's our next move?" Yaoyorozu asked. 

Izuku looked around, there was no other way to scout now. It was time to move forward, "Let's go around the back, it might be our best chance to get some solid intel on this place." 

And see if Kacchan was there. 

They moved towards the narrow pathway between the building's outer perimeter wall, and the neighboring building. It was a tight fit, almost no room to walk unless they moved sideways. "This is so narrow," Yaoyorozu complained as they passed into the walkway. "I might get stuck." 

"Just keep moving, we have to see what's happening inside. No one will see us from back here." Izuku urged, and noticed a window, "There, we should be able to get a look through that window." 

"We'll be blind in the darkness." Todoroki warned. 

"One second, I'll make a night vision scope." Yaoyorozu offered. 

"Wait," Kirishima interrupted. "No need, I actually brought one along for this. When I thought about what we'd have to do, I grabbed it." 

"You guys know I'm a werewolf, I can literally see in the dark." Izuku sighed, no matter how tight he held onto his control, that wasn't a sense that really went away. "Besides aren't those models super expensive? When I compared them to my own eyesight I was astonished. They're like 50,000-yen right?"

"Whatever man, I don't have wolf eyes." Kirishima argued defensively. 

"Right, then Kirishima will be the scout, back him up Midoriya." Todoroki said and Izuku moved closer to Todoroki and climbed up onto his shoulders, Kirishima did the same on Iida's. 

He was too focused on getting a good look that he ignored the bickering over the situation as they got settled. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. He didn't smell Kacchan at all, only chemicals. Dammit.

Kirishima startled and jerked back, almost falling off of Iida. 

"Hey are you okay?!" Iuzku hissed. 

"The back-left corner, Midoriya." Kirishima pointed. "Look." 

Izuku let his wolf out a little to heighten what he could see in true darkness. He looked inside and sure enough there was a plethora of factory equipment. He swept his gaze to the back left of the large room they were looking into and his heart stuttered in shock. There were dozens of tanks filled with glowing liquid and pipes. Inside he could see just the tops of exposed brains.

"No way," Izuku whispered in horror. There were so many of them. "Are those the Nomu?"

"Hey!" Kirishima drew Izuku out of his shocked state and he turned. Down the alleyway, a truck was being lifted off the ground high into the air. 

"Is that-?" Izuku started when the ground shook with great impact, the resulting shock wave of displaced air swept at them and Izuku teetered before they were knocked down.  

 


 

"Sensei?" Katsuki was going to keep running his mouth until he saw an opening. Whether he wanted to acknowledge the fear in his gut or not, he had to do everything to survive. "I thought you were the boss around here. But you're just a sidekick." 

"Kurogiri, Compress, it's time to put him back to sleep." Hands ordered. 

"I can't believe he's such a bad audience member." The masked asshole sighed. "It's almost impressive." 

"If you want me to listen then get on your knees and beg." Katsuki sneered. He wanted to blast them away with full power, but the warp bastard was way too fast. He needed to find an opening and get to the door before they could retaliate. 

Someone knocked and the tension in the room evaporated in an instant, what the fuck?

"Hello," A tired voice came from the other side, "I've got a pizza delivery here." 

A pizza delivery?

"SMASH!" The wall to Katsuki's left exploded inward as All Might burst through it like it was paper. Long tendrils of wooden vines lashed in and looped around every one of the villains. A yellow blur leapt in and kicked Scar Face in the back of the head. Knocking him out instantly. Katsuki marveled in shock, holy shit! 

"You can't run anymore League of Villains, you understand?!" All Might bellowed. "Because we are here now!" 

"Right after the press conference?!" Masked Dick exclaimed from the floor. "You had this planned the whole time?!" 

"Tree man you're hugging me too tight! Harder!" The spandex weirdo yelled. 

"One tends to neglect defense when on the offense. But we didn't come alone, take a look," The tired delivery voice said as the speaker popped out of the gap in the door frame and the door. That was paper fucking thin, it was Edge Shot! He unlocked the door and police officers in riot gear surged into the room. "You're surrounded by the police, not to mention heroes like Endeavor." 

"You must have been scared! But you stayed strong!" All Might turned his gaze to Katsuki, and he didn’t want to admit it, but damn was he relieved to see the number one hero. "I'm sorry, you're safe now young man." 

"What?! I wasn't scared, not even close!" Katsuki yelled belligerently. He couldn't lose face here; he'd been tough as fuck this whole time. Damn it, did this asshole just give him a thumbs up?! 

"After I went through all the trouble of setting this up, the final boss shows up on my doorstep." Hands hissed angrily from where he was tied up in Kamui Woods' branches. "Kurogiri! Warp over as many as you can!" 

"The Nomu right?!" All Might demanded. 

"I'm sorry, Shigaraki, the Nomu's were supposed to be in a fixed location but-," The warp villain spoke up. "They’re gone!" 

"It seems you have a lot to learn Shigaraki, you're still green." All Might said as he walked over and swatted Katsuki on the back proudly and cupped his shoulder. "Your little league underestimated all of us. The soul of this young man, the police's diligent investigations, and our righteous fury." 

"Enough is enough," All Might said as light shone through the massive hole in the wall as spot lights were directed inside. "Your game has come to an end, Shigaraki Tomura." 

"All Might please, you're the only hero Stain respected, you are worthy!" That lizard shit exclaimed from the ground. 

"You think it's over? Don't be stupid! I've only just begun to play." Hands started to get up and fuck that wasn't fucking okay how could he move?! "Justice, peace, you created a garbage society by lifting up such ridiculous ideals. That's why I targeted you All Might. It's why I started gathering people to my cause. You think this is the end? Then you've lost. Kurogiri!" 

Something shot through the warp asshole and he slumped to the top of the bar. "What just happened? I didn't see anything; did they kill him?!" The villain with the long brown hair shrieked. 

"I played around with his insides and made him pass out." The red spool of material spoke as it materialized into Edge Shot. "Ninpou: Thousand Sheet Pierce! He was such a nuisance, he had to sleep." 

"Weren't you listening earlier?" The small old man spoke gruffly. This was Deku's internship mentor. "You'll be better off if you take us seriously. Hikiishi Kenji, Sako Atsuhiro, Iguchi Shuichi, Toga Himiko, Bubaigawara Jin. Though they had little time and information, the police worked through the night to discover your true identities. Do you understand? There's nowhere left for any of you to run." 

Katsuki shivered, this was what they had done since he'd been taken? Son of a bitch that was impressive. He always knew what he wanted to do, but seeing it first hand in the middle of it was exactly what he'd aspired to do. Dammit, he missed out on his internship. 

"So Shigaraki," The old man spoke up. "Where is your boss hiding?"

"No... this is not...over." Hands hissed manically. "Just you wait, the game is still mine." 

"You tell us where he is right now." All Might ordered. 

"Go away, disappear." Hands rasped. 

"Shigaraki!" All Might pressed. 

"This is your fault!" Hands shouted. "I hate you!" 

Some strange black ooze popped up in the air around Hands and Katsuki felt his eyes widen in shock. Two Nomu’s started to emerge and Katsuki tensed. 

"Nomu!" Kamui Woods warned, "How'd they get here?! What is this?" 

"Dammit Edge Shot!" The Old Man yelled. "Stop Kurogiri!" 

"He's still out, this isn't his doing!" 

The rushing ooze hovered in the air like inky portals and Katsuki had a sudden bad feeling rise up in his gut. He didn't like this, not one fucking bit. The relief he'd had at being saved was poisoned by the thought that these assholes had help from that fucking master guy. 

"Don't release them under any circumstances got it!" All Might ordered. Something rushed up Katsuki's throat and his mind flashed back to the Sludge Villain and his invasive muck. Katsuki felt like that again, suffocating on whatever this fucking black ooze was. If it was a portal, he sure as fuck didn't want something materializing inside his goddamn body. 

It didn't do that though, as he thrashed it spread out and around him like a blanket of liquid that swallowed him the more it covered. All Might turned as it rushed and encased him. "Bakugou!" 

But he was gone, tumbling though the shitty ooze like it was a rushing waterfall. 

 


 

Izuku rubbed his head as he got to his feet and helped the others get to their feet. "What happened? Did the building just come down?" Iida asked. 

Izuku was still shaking the disorientation out of his limbs as he picked Yaoyorozu up and Iida helped Kirishima back up to look back into the warehouse. 

"Gang Orca, and Mt. Lady. Who even Best Jeanist is here!" Kirishima reported. 

"And Tiger too." Yaoyorozu added. If the heroes were here that meant they had tracked the signal here as well. He eased his classmate down and they filled into loose line to be less crammed together. 

"Everything is fine, the heroes were on top of this way before we were." Iida smiled encouragingly at them. 

"This is great." Kirishima agreed. 

"Now then, let’s get home, at least we won't have to explain ourselves." Iida sighed in relief. Izuku looked off and frowned, he'd heard the sound of All Might's smash off in the distance now that he had focused. 

"It sounded like All Might was somewhere nearby," Izuku said, "Does that mean he's already rescued Kacchan?" 

"If All Might is on the scene there’s no reason for us to worry." Yaoyorozu said encouragingly. "Let's go, quick." 

"Right," Todoroki nodded as they all started for the edge of the pathway they were on. But something stopped Izuku, a prickled of awareness that came from deep inside him. Deeper than his wolf, where One For All resided. It raised his hackles and made him turn. 

He could hear someone walking, moving through the echoing open walls of the warehouse. "I'm sorry Tiger, I just found Ragdoll's quirk so useful. I had to take it." 

"Are you with the league?" Someone asked. 

"Someone get us a light!" Tiger bellowed from inside. 

"I guess my party was mostly destroyed." The voice echoed, as if it were coming through a filter. It chilled Izuku to the bone. "I haven't been able to stock up on quirks." 

"Stop there! Don't move!" 

Izuku heard something happen, but he had no idea what, "Hey! You can't just attack like that! What if he's a bystander!" 

"Read the situation! We can't let these villains do anything-!" 

The air became charged and Izuku stiffened as an explosion burst from within the building. He felt like he was in the presence of a god, like when All Might turned on his villain persona in the final exam. Only this was a hundred times worse. Izuku's wolf shrunk deep into his mind in fear. 

"Tomura has finally started thinking rationally and making decisions for himself." The eerie voice spoke up in the wake of that destructive explosion. Izuku could see from either side of their area, this man had laid waste to the streets and surrounding buildings with whatever that attack was. He did it in an instant. "I do wish you hadn't gotten in his way." 

Izuku remembered All Might warning him that his ancient enemy might still be alive. That Izuku might have to face him one day. Izuku could see clearly if they engaged this villain, they would die instantly. Just as fast as he destroyed part of this city. This man was Death, there was no way he was...he couldn't be...All For One? 

"Now then, shall we begin?" 

*

Notes:

Just gonna point out, I left it in, but this is a plot hole.

In the last episode, as well as in its corresponding chapter, shigaraki turns the TV off before Katsuki broke free. Now it's on again? Just saying.
¦)

Chapter 56: Symbol Of Peace

Summary:

All Might comes to rescue Katsuki, Izuku has a plan.

Chapter Text

"No!" Toshinori yelled as he grasped nothing but air and the strange rushing ooze. Young Bakugou was gone. Slipped through his fingers. The wolf in the back of his mind snarled in anger.

"Toshinori!" Gran Torino dropped to the ground next to him as chaos erupted. Out of other portals Nomu were pouring out onto the street. "What now?"

"They shouldn't have been able to warp Nomu here." Toshinori snarled. He was expecting maybe one or two. But once again he was wrong. "Their back up came too fast!"

This meant he was making a move. The damn villains were vanishing into the black liquid portals. All of it pouring from their mouths.

"Stop them!" Gran Torino ordered. "Before they all disappear!" 

"Dammit!" Toshinori swore and raced towards the villains. He couldn't let them go without knowing where their escape location was! "You won't escape Shigaraki! Take me with you!"

Toshinori lunged at the young villain but the liquid portal overtook him. All of them vanished in that instant. He growled in wordless rage. How could that have gone so badly so quickly?! 

"No, no! I'm so sorry!" Kamui woods yelled.

"This wasn't your fault," Edge Shot reformed above the bar. He leapt up to the ceiling as Nomu swarmed into the room from the new warp portals. "None of us were able to do anything. Kurogiri's quirk opens up warp gates that allow anyone to pass through. This was targeting specific people."

"All Might!" Gran Torino called. Toshinori stamped a foot down as multiple hands from the Nomu grabbed onto him with superhuman strength.

"OKLAHOMA SMASH!" Toshinori turned and whirled himself into a spin powered by his remnant of One For All. It knocked the Nomu’s off of him and put off the building entirely.

He needed to get to the other location, that was their best lead. He wasn't going to lose his student, his alpha. He wasn't going to let All For One have his way. Toshinori stalked to the demolished wall and looked for the number two hero down there. 

"Endeavor!" Toshinori called, the fire hero was racing through the commotion, attacking each of the Nomu in turn. Toshinori coughed into his fist, he might need to leave this to the other hero. He wasn't going to be able to clean up this location as well as hunt for his alpha at the same time. "Are you keeping up?"

"Does it look like I'm having trouble?!" Endeavor sneered. Indeed, there was at least five Nomu bodies sprawled out around him defeated. "Worry about your own responsibilities you fool. If you're gonna go after them, now's the time!"

"Right," Toshinori's wolf urged closer and offered strength to his limbs. There was too much smoke to track by smell, so he was going to have to follow his gut. "I'll leave you to it."

 


 

"I can see why you're the number four hero Best Jeanist." All For One spoke as he clapped slowly. "That blast should have blown everyone to pieces, but you used your quirk to pull them out of the way just in time. Consider me impressed."

"It wasn't supposed to go like this." Best Jeanist voice echoed. "But that doesn't matter, a true hero doesn't believe in excuses!"

A displacement of air shook the ground. All For One had attacked the pro hero by the sound of it. 

"Now I see, your strength comes from practice and practical experience, not raw power." All For One spoke with a tone of disappointment. "I don't need your quirk; it wouldn't pair well with Tomura's disposition."

Izuku's body wouldn't move, they needed to run, he needed to get his pack to safety. But his wolf cowered in the back of his mind. This was not an enemy they could fight. It wasn't in their ability.

The ground shook again followed by a splash and coughing. "Dammit!" That was Kacchan! "The hell-?!"

Kacchan was there! Izuku's wolf was still desperately afraid, but it wasn't going to matter. Their mate was over there, and he was in serious danger. 

 


 

"My apologies Bakugou." A voice drew Katsuki's blurry gaze up. He scowled when he saw the tall stocky man wearing a suit. Some kind of black plated helmet covered his head, and a gas mask apparatus covered the lower half of his face and neck. 

More of those nasty ooze portals appeared, dumping the damn bar villains into the dirt. Where the fuck was he? It looked like a disaster zone. 

"That was so gross!" The blond girl whined. 

"That black stuff reeks! I love it!" The spandex freak shouted. 

"Sensei," The damn hand bastard said from his knees as the man who had greeted Katsuki walked over. 

"So, you failed again Tomura." Was this 'Sensei'? The masked man offered his hand to the blue haired asshole. "You must not be discouraged. You'll try again, that's why I brought your associates with you. Even this child, because you thought he was an important piece on your game board. Start over as many times as it takes, I am here to provide help. All of this, is for you."

He didn't like this at all. The distorted voice made his hair stand on end. Nothing but danger was in the air. Katsuki always felt like he could fight and find a way to win. Right now, he feared for his life. He may not be tied to a chair, but his odds of survival were just as bad. 

 


 

Izuku grasped the reigns of his control and fought to get the fear to fall back where he didn't need to focus on it. He had to remember why he was there. He needed to be able to move now, because he couldn't move fast enough when Kacchan needed him the most. 

It didn't seem like the villains knew they were hiding where they were. Miraculously no one had noticed them. All For One had talked freely this whole time. This was a perfect moment of distraction. 

Kacchan was right in front of him now. He was not going to fail his mate again. There was only six or seven meters between them. If he used Full Cowl he could get there in a second.

But could he get away, where would they escape to? He would be putting the others in danger either way. That wasn't going to work, he needed a plan. Izuku closed his eyes in frustration.

Kacchan was right there! He needed to find a way to reach out to him. If he couldn't do this, than he was worthless as a mate, and as a partner. Izuku took a step, he had to do something.

A hand descended on his collar and grabbed a handful of his shirt. Izuku turned to see Iida had grabbed him, and Todoroki next to him. Yaoyorozu had even grabbed Kirishima. 

Iida's eyes were serious through the cold fear they were all feeling. Nothing but terror and protectiveness wafted into the pack bond, however. Then a need to escape shifted through next. Izuku firmed his resolve, he wasn't leaving without Kacchan. 

"Ah, there you are." The distorted voice of All For One shocked them. No way, did he find them?! 

 


 

Toshinori flew through the air in the height of his leap. He saw the destruction from high above and knew that was where All For One was. He'd heard it and it gave him a direction to jump to. The closer he got, the more he saw. Standing in the destruction, ringed by villains, was young Bakugou. 

Toshinori angled into a sharp descent. He dropped in fast and threw his fists at the masked figure in a suit. He'd know that stature, that set if shoulders anywhere. Predictably both of his fists were caught. 

"I'll have you return my student, All For One!" Toshinori snarled his greeting to his archnemesis. 

"Have you come to kill me a second time All Might?!" All For One volleyed back. The force of their clash whirled air around them. His fury burned deep in his chest at how matched they were. 

They blew apart and the air circled around them, kicking up dust and debris. It was a mockery, in small scale, of their last fight. Toshinori had hoped to never be back here. 

"It took you long enough to find us. It's only 5 km from the bar, and it still took you 30 seconds to get here from the time I sent the Nomu. You've gotten weak, All Might." 

"You're one to talk." Toshinori growled from the crouch he'd landed in. He fought to get his claws to retract. "It's hard to ignore that fancy life support mask you've got on. Aren't you over exerting yourself?!" 

 


 

Katsuki gaped at the Boss Villain and All Might as they faced off. That guy held All Might back with his bare hands. He didn't know anyone who could do that! 

"I won't repeat the mistake I made five years ago; you hear me?!" All Might growled from where he had gotten to his feet. "I'll take young Bakugou back, and I'll make sure you're locked up for the rest of your miserable life! Right along with your despicable League of Villains!" 

All Might rushed forward and the Boss Villain lifted one hand calmly. It suddenly swelled up. "Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. This will be hard for us both." 

A huge funnel of force and energy blasted out as All Might got in close. It threw the hero through entire buildings. Toppling them until he stopped. Katsuki stared at it all in horror. 

"Air Cannon plus Spring Like Limbs, Kinetic Booster x4, Strength Enhancer x3," The villain rambled as he looked at his hand. "What a delightful combination, maybe a few more strength enhancers next time." 

"All Might!" Katsuki yelled. Who the hell was this guy that he could do that much damage and blow All Might away?! 

"Don't you worry, it'll take more than that to kill him." The villain turned to look at him as Katsuki got to his feet. "Get off the battlefield Tomura and take that child with you."

The hand that was lifted turned black with red lines threading along the fingers. The fingers shot out like spindly tendrils that buried into the warp assholes body. "Kurogiri, warp them away."

"Careful! One of the heroes messed with him and he's unconscious!" The villain with the auburn hair rushed forward. "I'm not sure what's going on but if you can teleport, why don't you get us out of here?!"

"My warp power is still new Magne. There is much I still need to learn about it. It's distance is limited." The Boss Villain informed. "While he can teleport to set coordinates, I can only move people to and from my location. Or with more focus, to and from someone I'm familiar with. That is all. It's easier to have Kurogiri do it."

From where the warp asshole lay a massive portal opened. Shit, Katsuki needed to get the fuck out of here. " Leave now, Tomura."

"What about you?" Hands asked. 

From in the distance All Might jumped onto the air and was surging back to them like a cannon ball. The Boss Villain lifted into the air like he was levitating. "You're not thinking clearly Tomura. There remains more room for you to grow."

"You're mine!" All Might rotated as he struck the villain midair.

"Sensei!" Hands hissed.

"Let's go Shigaraki, while our masked lead is keeping All Might entertained." The bastard that captured him called as he turned the unconscious fire villain into a marble. "Claim your prize."

Katsuki saw the villains turn to look at him. Damn, he was really going to have to fight his way out. He might not make it at all. Fuck. He mentally apologized to his boyfriend. 

He pasted a smirk on his face, "This'll be fun."

"Young Bakugou don't!" All Might yelled but he was fighting. Katsuki wasn't going to get any help from him. He was so fucked; it was six against one.

They came at him in an instant. Some kind of whip like weapon swept past his face. That damn spandex fuck! Katsuki just barely managed to dodge with an explosion as it whirled to come back.

Then the creepy school girl rushed him with a knife. He threw another explosion at their feet to create some distance. He heard bits on the ground behind him and vaulted in the air with an explosion. He flipped midair and saw it was the masked magician jerk. He sure as fuck couldn't let that douche lay a finger on him. 

"I'm coming for you!" All Might yelled to him. But he was knocked to the ground by this weird red and black finger extensions. 

"I don't think so! Because I AM HERE!" The Boss Villain hurled All Might out into another building. Katsuki touched down and threw himself into another flip exploding his hands to keep out of reach. It was going to be hard for All Might to go all out as long as Katsuki was here. He was a liability, dammit!

 


 

Izuku looked across the battlefield as All Might was thrown out of the battlefield again. Kacchan was all alone facing off with the rest of the villains that attacked the summer camp.

All For One was in the way, and All Might couldn't get to Kacchan at all. Izuku wasn't going to be able to hang back. His wolf was scrabbling at the edge of his mind. Kacchan was right there, and all of those villains were trying to take Kacchan out and drag him into that portal.

He couldn't lose Kacchan again! 

But they couldn't fight, they didn't have their licenses. They wouldn't survive even a second if All For One turned his attention to them. They needed an opening, an instant that they could swoop in and grab Kacchan. Then All Might could use the full extent of his power.

Izuku looked through as the villains surrounded Kacchan and tried to think of some way to get through. Some opening to get to his mate. Nothing looked like it was going to work.

Kacchan had taken to the air, using his maneuverability to avoid the villain who turned him into a marble. He dodged the knives thrown at him and stayed out of the other's reach. Kacchan was strong in the air. 

Izuku's eyes widened as he remembered that All Might dropped in from the air. If All Might could do it, so could he. And Kacchan could meet them. Izuku turned his face to Iida where he was holding him still. "Iida listen."

"You can't fight, I won't let you." Iida growled.

"No, I think there's another way, a way that avoids combat. It'll let us escape with him." Izuku looked at his friend. "Come on, we can still save Kacchan."

Izuku opened his pack bond up and his wolf was already settling. It offered the strength bubbling up to them to settle their fear. Iida let go of him and straightened. Todoroki turned wide eyes to him. "Tell us your plan."

"The thing is, it's all going to depend on him." Izuku looked at his arm, his damaged arms. He wasn't going to be able to swing this; get everyone out and save Kacchan at the same time without help.

If Kacchan saw him first, he'd get pissed off. The only thing allowing his mate to fight right now was knowing that Izuku was safe. If he blasted in there, Kacchan might falter. Any moment of hesitation, even in shock, could cost Kacchan his opportunity to escape.

"If I reach out myself, he might be so shocked that I'm even here that he could get caught again. It needs to be someone he chose to trust his life to outside of me." Izuku looked at his mate's Beta. "Kirishima, you're the key to this being a success."

"We need details," Todoroki urged. "What are you thinking?"

"Okay, here's what we'll do; First we'll propel ourselves with my quirk combined with Iida's ReciproBurst. Then using Kirishima's hardening we'll break through the wall. The second we've cleared it Todoroki will make a huge slab of ice for us, as high as he possibly can." Izuku explained. "The villains haven't noticed us. Up until now they've had the upper hand. We're finally in a position to get the jump on them. We'll cross the battlefield at a height that they'll never hope to reach.

"Right now All Might is holding that villain boss back, but that means the reverse is true too. It comes down to you Kirishima, you're his Beta. If you reach out he'll react, he's already decided to trust you to cover his back." Izuku looked to Kirishima seriously. He was going to be leaving this in the Beta's hands. 

"Are you out of your mind?" Iida hissed as Izuku finished explaining the entire idea to them. 

"Kacchan will know the kind of situation All Might is in. If we go in on the ground, we're going to be forced to fight. But if we go above, we can clear the entire battle field and remove any obstacles from All Might's way." Izuku finished. 

"I agree." Todoroki nodded. 

"Kacchan is keeping his distance, this is good for us." Izuku said as he clenched his hands. His mate was fighting for his life, "We'll have to move when he's got some space between himself and the enemies." 

"Iida?" Yaoyorozu looked at Izuku's friend. He forced his mind to not hang up on pack dynamics right now. Iida was trying to protect them, but Izuku didn't want to lose control and fight his Delta. Letting his friend agree was much better than deciding to leave him behind. 

"It's a gamble." Iida said, but his mind was already fitting into the pack bond between them. "There's not much risk to us, and more importantly, it can change the tide of this fight. I'm in." 

Izuku took his shoes off and tied his jacket around his waist. He morphed into his werewolf body and tried not to shy away from his wolf mind as it brushed up against his human brain. They needed to be one here, and his fear was something to be handled later. He crouched and Kirishima and Iida settled into being held under his arms. 

Izuku activated Full Cowl and lunged at the wall. Kirishima nudged himself up and his hardened body with his arms leading the way. They hit the wall like a battering ram and burst through the concrete with ease. The moment they were through Iida's ReciproBurst activated at the same time a massive incline of ice shot from the ground. They moved across the surface as if they were gliding. Gaining speed, Izuku shoved with his knees and they shot out into the sky. 

Izuku kept his gaze forward, he was in charge of keeping hold of them. He needed to trust that Kirishima could do this. He cradled his mating bond close and held on as they flew through the air. Kirishima threw out his hand and Izuku tightened his grip, "Come on!"  

 


 

It was irritating how easily All For One was keeping him away from getting to Bakugou. He had never had this much trouble saving one child from harm. His wolf snarled in his mind, begging to be let loose. But the wolf was no match for All For One. All he could do was use his wolf to push his limit so One For All could be used sparingly. Toshinori slammed his fists forward and was caught once more. 

"Are you holding back against me?" All For One jeered. "Trying to keep the boy from being blown away? You've put yourself into quite the predicament, how will you manage to prevail?" 

Toshinori jumped back when something started to change in All For One's body, a quirk of some kind activating. He needed to be careful, who knew just what this monster had managed to acquire in the five years they had not clashed. He couldn't move like this without hurting Bakugou. 

Suddenly something in his mind shifted, his wolf taking notice. He felt the beast inside tense, warning him to be ready. A wall of cement crumbled off near the back of the obliterated warehouse he stood in. Then a massive ice formation shot up from the ground and he looked up to see and smell his wolf Alpha soaring up to the top of it. 

All For One noticed and lifted his hand with that weird quirk. All Might dashed in and slung a massive backhanded strike to the villain. Throwing him into a building this time. He would cover the escape. "Seriously? You kids..." 

 


 

Fuck! Katsuki was so in the way here, and he was barely keeping out of reach of these bastards. Something exploded behind him, and he twisted seeing a massive glacier form, it crumbled just as quickly as a cluster of people shot out into the night sky.

He gaped in shock. Holding onto two of his pack mates was Katsuki's mate. He'd know that glowing green fur anywhere. But it was a red head that looked out over a massive furred shoulder and flung out a hand. 

"Come on!" His beta yelled to him. Katsuki felt his body burn as his sweat blasted to his hands in an agonizing rush. He activated a massive explosion with a ragged yell. He was propelled fast and forcefully through the air, clearing destroyed buildings and rubble before he felt he force leave him.

He loosened up enough to throw his hands down to activate a second explosion. This one threw him right at the three assholes flying through the air like a demented air lift. He grabbed the hand still outstretched for him. "You idiots!" 

The feeling of freedom smacked into him right then, and all he wanted to do was kick their asses for being so fucking reckless. And then kiss the fucking werewolf for being here at all.

He knew the nerd would come, of course he would. Katsuki tore open their mating bond and was bombarded by the wolf instead of the human. But it was good, it felt damn near like coming home. Tears threatened to fill his eyes, he smiled insanely instead. 

"Bakugou, on my mark be ready to give me-!" Glasses yelled over the wind. 

"Don't tell me what to do damn you!" Katsuki snarled. 

"Now's not the time to fight guys!" Shitty Hair shouted.

Katsuki looked back and saw that fucking masked magician soaring out after them. That was when Mt. Lady shot up from the ground in her giant form. She smacked face first into the villain as he flew at them. 

"Whoa, Mt. Lady?" Deku growled. 

"The rescue is...priority." She grumbled weakly. "Go home...you dumb kids..." 

They fell towards the ground as the giant she was and cut off any ground pursuit. Damn, she was a tough lady. They got close to the ground and he saw Deku tense, his legs, braced by Glasses took the brunt of the sliding impact. Katsuki dropped an explosion to keep himself from falling flat on his face upon landing. 

 


 

"You're too slow," Toshinori snarled as he saw his mentor rush through the gathered villains preventing any more of them from trying to attack the students as they escaped. 

"No, you're just too fast hotshot!" Gran Torino came to a stop behind him and looked back. "So, you saw the kid right? He's turning out to be more and more like you every day. Not a compliment." 

"Tch," Toshinori scoffed, he'd scold his protégé later. "After his experience in Hosu, I didn't think he'd come to the battlefield. Damn teenagers!" 

"Shimura's friend huh?" All For One stood up from the rubble. 

"It's shameful that I needed their help." Toshinori coughed into his hand before he pointed at his enemy. "But now I don't have to pull any punches against you! You're finished!" 

"There's two left over here!" Gran Torino called from his back, "I'll handle them!" 

"Tomura, I do not want to die in this place!" The girl whined from back near the portal. Toshinori could trust his mentor to cover all of that. He was going to have to turn all of his focus to All For One now that he could. He had to finish this before it got started any further. 

"They got us, turned the tables of this fight with a single move." All For One said as three of his fingers turned back into that black and red material and shot out at him. Toshinori dodged it narrowly. The tendrils drove into the villain Gran Torino had felled, the one with the auburn hair and sunglasses. "Forcible Quirk Activation: Magnetism." 

Gran Torino shot towards Shigaraki. But before he could connect with a kick, as the young villain threw out his dangerous hand, a blue haze spawned over him. As it did over all of the fallen villains. They were suddenly all shooting through the air towards the girl in front of the portal. She was covered in a pink glow. 

"Huh, huh, HUH?! You're all coming at me way too fast!" She shrieked. They were all hurled into the portal as one. Shit, they'd just lost the bulk of the villains. 

"Wait! Don't! Sensei!" Shigaraki fought the pull as it dragged him towards the portal. "Your body is too damaged!" 

"Not so fast!" Gran Torino rushed forward, but the black and red tendrils shot out and dragged him up while they threw the villain the quirk came from at Shigaraki. The red hashed one vanished into the portal and the young blue haired one toppled in after. 

"No I-won't go!" The hand fell off of his face and his dry scarred visage showed wide red eyes. He was swallowed up by the portal. Toshinori gritted his teeth and turned back to All For One. 

"Tomura, you must continue to fight." All For One said as his quirk retracted to his body. Toshinori surged forward, he couldn't let the villain escape. "Warping plus Shock Absorption!" 

Gran Torino was suddenly warped right in front of All For One and Toshinori's punch was bounced off of his mentor instead of the enemy. His arm was thrown back instantly as the shock reverberated off of All For One's quirk. "I'm sorry!" 

"I only came to save Tomura." All For One said calmly on the other side of his mentor's body as it hung from the goo. "But if you say you're going to fight, then I'll face you as you wish. In the past, your fist crushed one after another of my comrades. Many were forced into the shadows, or underground, while you were extoled as the symbol of peace. What a grand view you must have had from atop our sacrifices. A hero standing on the mountain of our defeats." 

Toshinori dug his heel into the ground and swung his fist back, he grabbed his teacher's cape and threw his fist at the same time. "DETROIT SMASH!"

He was attacked at the same time with All For One's ability as it turned his force back on him. His other sleeve was torn to shreds and he fell back as a gush of blood soared up his esophagus. He had to pull back before he lost his form. 

"You still won't fight me with your full power huh?" All For One sneered. "Because doing so would endanger all those people you've sworn to protect." 

"You shut up!" Toshinori snarled as his inner wolf drew his lips back to bare his teeth in threat. "Always toying with people! You steal, break, manipulate and discard them! You scoff at innocent people who are just trying to lead happy lives!" 

He lunged in and grabbed the arm stretching towards him. He wasn't going to smash this time. No, his wolf roared through his eyes as he twisted that arm back. "It will not continue!" 

"It's over." All For One lifted his other hand but Toshinori swung his other one in faster than the villain could counter. 

"I won't let it!" He smashed his fist right into the center of that black mask. The force of the punch slammed All For One into the ground, he kept his grip and knelt over his greatest enemy. He growled deeply in threat. 

"Toshinori, you've reached your limit!" Gran Torino strained out from the ground behind him. He knew that, he could feel the muscle form trying to fall away on at least half of his body. 

"What's wrong?" All For One asked from the ground startling him. He didn't sound fazed at all. "You seem to be worked up about something, All Might. I've heard that same exact line before you know. From the person who had One For All before you, Shimura Nana."  

*

Chapter 57: One For All

Summary:

All Might clashes with All For One

Notes:

Thank you for the comments :)

Chapter Text

Upon landing safe from the battlefield Izuku released his pack mates and crumpled to the ground as his inner wolf roared to the surface. He growled and Iida whirled to look at him. "Midoriya, are you alright? You shouldn't have changed shape so soon." 

"The fuck are you saying Glasses?" Kacchan appeared at his side and Izuku groaned as his wolf clawed at his human mind. They were done now; they didn't have to work together. It wanted free, it wanted to scent Kacchan, and reassert their claim on their mate.

Izuku grabbed the tattered remains of his control and fought to get back to human form. It didn't work and he remained in his werewolf body. They might be outside the battlefield, but they weren't anywhere safe. His wolf couldn't take control now. Not now!

"Deku?" Kacchan reached out and hands smelling of nitroglycerine and smoke burned into his senses. It was a comfort, his human impulses relaxed.

That was when his wolf won, it rose up and Izuku was forced to the back under all of his instincts. When he looked up his eyes glowed, his body remained in werewolf form and he was not human. "Deku what the fuck? Where did you just go?" 

"Mate." Alpha breathed and leaned over to nuzzle Kacchan's neck. Smoothing his tongue over his mate's shirt. Against the raised scar of his mating mark. "Safe." 

"Fuck, you're not Deku, you're the wolf." Kacchan gaped at him. "What the fuck just happened?" 

"After they took you, he was worse than this." The Delta explained to Kacchan. 

"It took all of us to keep him calm, even though he was knocked out. One we got him to medical attention, they managed to sedate him." Kacchan's Beta explained. "He lost total control." 

"Did he hurt anyone?" Kacchan asked and Izuku whined, he wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose. He had given warning to his human mind. They had isolated. 

"He tried to attack Aizawa-Sensei, but when we got though he was back in human form." The Delta added in. 

"That's fine I guess. Aizawa can handle it." Kacchan said and Alpha rumbled as he reached out with clawed hands. His mate trusted him, and his other wolves. "No, Deku, leave that shit for later. We need to get fucking lost." 

Kacchan wanted to leave? Alpha could do that. He lumbered forward and they started a hurried trek back to the bust streets as they were being evacuated. Alpha understood, there was a predator back the way they came.

He kept a wary gaze around them, and guided Kacchan to walk in front of his lumbering body. He wasn't going to lose his mate again. Never again.

His leg vibrated and he looked down in a startled fashion. Alpha's Delta fished through his tattered pocket and answered it.

"Todoroki?" His Delta gasped in relief. Alpha leaned over to nuzzle his hair and ruffle it encouragingly. 

"Iida why are you on Midoriya's phone?" Alpha's Beta responded through the device. 

"Midoriya has been taken over by his quirk." The Delta explained. 

"Is he alright? Did he rampage?!" The Beta over the phone yelled. 

"No, he seems... docile. He just wants us to stay close." The Delta sighed. "Anyways, did anyone see you?" 

"I don't think so, we're on the street blending into the crowd now." The Beta replied. "Some Pros are here helping people evacuate." 

"Good," The Delta sagged. "We're stopped at the station; were lucky we missed that last tremor. The rescue was a complete success." 

"Rescue?!" Kacchan snarled as Alpha wrapped himself around his mate. "That's not what happened back there! You idiots just happened to be my best escape route!" 

"You're welcome!" Kacchan's Beta grinned and gestured with his thumb at Alpha's mate. 

"Mate..." The Alpha admonished, "Nice." 

"Tch," Kacchan glared up at him, "I had to get out of there so All Might could destroy those guys." 

Izuku didn't want to leave his Zeta there. But he had known he was not able to fight the big monster. His Zeta could. So being out of the way, getting their vulnerable pack members to safety was the priority. Preserving his sanity was priority. He couldn't go wild again; his human side wouldn't be able to handle it. This was what the Zeta would want.

 


 

"You have so much in common with Shimura Nana. The utter waste of a human who passed One For All onto you." All For One taunted under Toshinori's fist.

The entire top half of All For One's head was a mass of scar tissue. His eyes were even gone. How had he been fighting without eyesight? The lower portion of his face was covered in the life support portion of the mask. He hadn't been totally unfazed by their last battle. 

Toshinori was panting for breath, body fighting to return to his smaller state. He was thankful for what was left of One For All, it was fighting to stay in his body. His wolf urged it from the back of his mind, trying to give him strength by healing his aches. But it wasn't going to be enough. He was pushing his limits too hard. 

Toshinori remembered his master. The way she stood proudly and looked ahead with optimism. The way she told him to be proud of every achievement he made with One For All, of every milestone gained. "My master was a true hero." Toshinori growled. "Keep her name out of your filthy mouth." 

"A woman with no skill and grand ideas she couldn't live up to." All For One mocked. "How embarrassing for me, the creator of One For All, to see her inherit the power. And the way she died was so pathetic. Shall I tell you all about it?" 

"Enough!" Toshinori whipped his arm back as his rage boiled. As he swung his fist down All For One's arm ballooned and the compressed air blasted Toshinori into the air with force. His lungs burned and blood was coughed out of his mouth. He was flying through the air before he was caught and redirected to the ground. "Gran Torino?" 

"You're in the way!" All For One bellowed. 

"It's the same as last time Toshinori, calm down." Gran Torino urged as they descended towards the ground. "Five years ago you got distracted, that's how he escaped and put a hole in your stomach." 

Gran Torino rolled his legs forward and his quirk blasted the ground letting them land with minimal impact. He sank to his knees as his lungs hitched painfully and he started to cough. "That's always been your weakness. Don't let him get under your skin!" 

"Yes Sir." Toshinori answered on instinct, for so long following Gran Torino's orders meant survival. His mentor was right. 

"His quirks are different from what they were." Gran Torino glared at where All For One was getting to his feet. "You won't be able to stop him head on. So use your wits, can you still fight? It's do or die; you must go past your limit." 

"I will." Toshinori growled and pulled on his wolf, dragging it close and let its strength fill his limbs. Loss was not an option here. 

"I find myself conflicted. Tomura has been the one to chip away at society's trust in heroes. Is it fair that I should land the final blow?" All For One asked as he straightened his jacket and threw his arms wide. "You know All Might as much as you hate me I think I probably loath you more. I killed your Master, sure. But you took away so much more from me, everything I tried to build. That's why I want you to suffer until your last breath and die broken for all the world to see!" 

All For One let his arms fall to his sides as one of them blew up again with that dangerous quirk. Toshinori's proverbial hackles raised, and his sense of danger magnified tenfold.

"A big one's coming, dodge and counter!" Gran Torino ordered. 

"Not everyone's so fast!" All For One lifted his arm and Toshinori tensed as his hearing picked up erratic breathing behind him. Someone was buried in the rubble? The immediate areas were meant to be evacuated, but this disaster area was so much bigger than he had warned them of. 

"Watch out!" Gran Torino changed direction to come back, but Toshinori wasn't going to let anything happen to anyone still here. Not if he could help it. His wolf roiled under his skin, pushing outwards. 

"I'll obliterate anything you're protecting!" All For One snarled as the blast of compressed air hit him head on. "The first to go will be your self-respect and ridiculous public image. Show the world how pitiful you really are, Symbol Of Peace!

Toshinori felt his muscle form fall away and his weak body trembled as he kept to his feet. He was bleeding though, his knuckles razed clean of flesh. But he was standing, he was not going to fall.

"Hollow cheeks and sunken eyes. They think that you're their greatest hero. Now the adoring public knows your true form. Try not to be ashamed." All For One laughed evilly. "Your move." 

Toshinori felt his wolf look out of his eyes. Baring his teeth as they sharpened. He clenched his bloodied fists and glared ahead. "Even if my body has grown rotten and stale, even if you expose my weakened form. In my heart I remain the symbol of peace. There's nothing you can do to take that from me!"

"Is that so? Ah well, I forgot how stubborn you are, I guess I'll give up. "All For One hissed sarcastically. "Oh but there is one thing you might be interested to know. Shigaraki Tomura, my apprentice, is Shimura Nana's grandson."   

 


 

Katsuki stared up at the giant monitor as it showed All Might fighting the villain back in the ruins of the city. Deku stayed wrapped around him and carefully hovered over Shitty Hair and Glasses.

It was fucking disconcerting to feel his shitty human boyfriend in the back of his mind but looked at only the wolf in full control. It was Deku's nightmare come true. Only without all the blood and death. 

The city shook as another attack was leveled at All Might, and when the smoke cleared the camera panned in. Katsuki's eyes widened in shock. That was that Yagi guy Deku turned into a werewolf! What the fuck! Why hadn't Deku told him that skeleton was All Might?!

Deku tensed behind him, and in their link cold horror flooded Katsuki's mind. It wasn't the kind of response one had when they just discovered this kind of thing, Katsuki was feeling that. No, Deku was feeling fear for All Might. The wolf growled and bared it's teeth at the monitor. Had he hidden this from Katsuki?!

 


 

Cold shock sank deep into Toshinori's brain. Shigaraki...was his master's grandson? All For One had taken Nana's grandson?!

"I was wondering what would annihilate your golden heart." All For One said smugly. "And so I found Tomura, groomed him to hate you. Then I watched you smile so proudly as you beat your master's descendant." 

"That's a lie..." Toshinori wheezed in dawning horror. He remembered his fight with the Nomu, the things he'd said to the young villain. The madness in Shigaraki's eyes, was nothing like Toshinori's masters. How could that be true? He would have recognized anyone who was related to her, right?

"Oh come now, you know it's the truth." All For One tilted his head. "That is clearly something I would do." 

It was...it was exactly something All For One would have done. 

"Huh, well, well, that's strange All Might," All For One lifted his hands in a sick mimicry of how his master did it. He put his thumbs into the edges of the gas mask under the scarred mass of his head and mimed a smile. "Where's your smile now?"

She used to say that heroes weren't just saving people’s lives. They were saving their hearts too. That no matter how scared he was, he should smile to show that things would be okay. The ones who were smiling were the strongest. "You...bastard..." 

"How very entertaining." All For One chuckled like this was the best joke he'd ever heard. "I think I've taken a piece of you after all." 

"You used my masters grandchild...my god what would she say if she knew how we turned out?!" Toshinori choked on the utter despair in his chest. His mind started to break under the dark truth just leveled at him. He felt the scream bubble from his chest, and it tore from him in a ragged yell. 

"Don't...lose...keep going...All Might." A woman’s strained voice came from behind him. The woman he was trying to save before. "We need you!" 

 


 

Why was he just standing there? All Might never gave up! Katsuki didn't care what fucking body he was in; he knew the hero had never given in. No matter what the odds, All Might never faltered. He never lost!

"Beat this guy..." Katsuki growled.  

The crowd around them started to freak out, muttering and going on and on like they fucking knew what they were looking at. Deku tensed around him and the human mind buried under the wolf flared as if joining in with the frantic cheers. 

"Win!" Deku's wolf growled. 

"Beat him!" Katsuki yelled. 

"Come on All Might!" Katsuki's shout was joined by Deku's wolf and his human mind joining in. Then the wolf threw his head back and howled deep and rough. It was a call to fight. 

 


 

The howl that ripped up over the city was perhaps too quiet for anyone else to hear. But Toshinori didn't have human ears anymore. It was a howl from his alpha, an order to fight. He would apologize to Midoriya, the pack, and Dr. Mitsu later.

"Fear not miss. I'm not done yet" Toshinori growled as he let the wolf free. It boiled up under his skin and took over his body, shoving muscles and bones into place quickly. His hero costume fit better despite its tattered state. Not quite as big as before, but close. Somehow he managed to achieve his werewolf body. 

He glared ahead as he dragged One For All up into his arm, and it hummed with the power. His ears swiveled and he growled through his long muzzle. "You're right, a hero has so much to protect in this world. Which is why I will defeat you!" 

He needed to remember where he started. His master said that remembering where he came from would help him push past his limits. And he needed it. Using his newly acquired werewolf form, he was going to pull every last bit of One For All out to this fight. He needed everything to beat All For One. 

He lifted his shoulder and yellow electricity crackled across his arm. It hurt putting One For All there, straining in ways his body hadn't done before. The werewolf augment wasn't doing much to even it out at all. This was going to be his last chance to use it. He was going to have to make it count. 

"This is new, I've never seen a quirk like this before." All For One sneered as he started to levitate. "But this is the last of your power isn't it. I can see it's not holding One For All very well. A wounded hero is a most frightening animal. Now you look the part. Did you know I still dream about you racing towards me with your entrails strewn across the ground?" 

All For One's arm ballooned again and Toshinori's ears flicked flat. That one hand lifted and Toshinori bared his fangs threateningly.

"You have what, maybe two or three punches left?" All For One asked snidely. He readied to attack when a blast of fire filled the air. All For One blew it away instantly. 

"Are you serious?" Toshinori turned his gaze to Endeavor as he appeared on the battlefield. "What the hell is going on with that messed up body?!"

"Looks like we made it in time." Edge Shot appeared behind Endeavor. This wasn't good, All For One would kill them. 

"Hmm, those Nomu weren't particularly strong. But I'm still surprised you managed to defeat them so quickly." All For One gestured with one hand. "As expected of the man who clawed his way to the number two spot. " 

"Dammit All Might, I did everything I could to get ahead of you. But the harder I worked the more obvious the widening gap that separated us became. The stronger you got, the angrier I became." Endeavor roared. "Stand up and show them why you're better!"

Endeavor hadn't really batted an eye at either of his bodies huh? 

"If the only reason you're here is to cheer him on," All For One powered up that air quirk again and pointed it at Endeavor and Edgeshot. "I'd prefer you stay silent!" 

"Think again madman!" Edgeshot shot through the air at All For One, "Were here to assist!" 

"That's what heroes do!" Kamui woods raced through the air on his bark vines collecting the fallen heroes in the rubble. 

"All of you came." Toshinori looked around, his ears lifting to pick up the sounds of rubble moving. 

"Of course we did, " Tiger spoke as he collected the woman behind him while carrying his teammate, "We can't do much, but if we can just help a little, we have fulfilled our duty. "

"Thank you." Toshinori rumbled gratefully. 

"You have to defeat him, this personification of evil." Tiger urged as Edgeshot and Endeavor attacked All For One. "Pros and citizens everywhere are praying for your victory. It doesn't matter what you look like. You're still everyone's number one hero!" 

It was hard to hold One For All in his arm, his body was protesting even being in werewolf form. But he had to hold on, his wolf growled within his mind in agreement. 

"How Pointless!" All For One snarled and threw his arm down, his air attack hit the ground and expanded into a blast that blew the other heroes away. Toshinori leaned down, covering his face with his powered arm and slamming his claws into the ground with his other one. He held on and sure enough, the battlefield cleared again. No one was a match for this villain. "Let's stop dwelling on heroism and start focusing on reality!" 

"Spring Like Limbs, Kinetic Booster x4, Strength Enhancer x3, Multiplier, Hypertrophy, Rivets, Air Walk, Spear Like Bones!" Something was happening to his arm, it started to mutate into something grotesque. Bulges of different quirks layering on top of one another until the limb turned into a weapon all on its own. "The shockwaves before now were just to tire you out. I knew it would take much more than that to kill you. In order to take you down for good, I'll punch you with the ultimate combination of quirks stored up within me right now! This will end you." 

Toshinori glared and drew his arm back ready for the inevitable clash. He wasn't going to give in.

"I wasn't certain until we exchanged blows tonight All Might, but now I am." All For One sneered, "One For All no longer dwells within you. Sure you look like a beast now, however that happened. But what's in your arm there is a lingering ghost. The last embers of what you've already passed on. And that fire gets weaker every time you use it. Even now it's a feeble spark about to put itself out." 

All For One started to move through the air, gaining momentum as he drew his mutated monster of an arm back into a fist. This was it; they were going to finish this. 

"Midoriya Izuku!" Toshinori stiffened as his enemy spoke. He didn't want this monster to know about his student. "He's the child you passed One For All to isn't he? He no doubt gave you this new bod, an infectious quirk, so interesting. I bet he came here without your asking. You don't have very good control over him do you. It seems you'll die with a life full of regrets All Might! As a hero, and as a teacher!" 

Toshinori planted his boots and slung his fist right at the massive one driving towards him. The impact was strong, crushing the ground under his feet but he held on. He would always hold on. 

"Impact Recoil!" All For One yelled. 

The force of his smash was rebounded into his arm. It cracked under the pressure and suddenly he was sliding back across the ground. The bones burst through his skin and blood spattered across his face.

"You're right, as his teacher I should have reprimanded him for coming here." Toshinori gnashed his teeth and glared with glowing eyes at his enemy. "Yeah, I failed, but that's why I have to make it up to him!"  

"I see." All For One growled. "The weak embers inside you are resisting. They're trying to rekindle some of your former strength, drawing in what this beast form is giving you. It's a desperate attempt to rage against the inevitable and fulfill your duty. But it's not enough!"

Toshinori's arm broke further and blood sprayed from his skin. He twisted his head and cried out in pain, his muzzle scrunching in pain. He lost his footing, but he jammed his foot back down and angled his wolf shaped legs, his backwards slide stopped.

"I'll beat you, not because I'm a symbol. But because I will do as my master did for me." Toshinori twisted his head back, his rumbling voice snarling through the pain. "Until I've finished training young Midoriya, until he's ready-!" 

"It's embarrassing how much you're resisting!" All For One hissed menacingly. 

"-I won't-!" Toshinori shifted the force of One For All across his broken arm and over to his other one. 

"Perhaps I was wrong!" All For One snarled.

"-I refuse to die!" Toshinori ducked under the monstrous arm and struck All For One in the side of his head. The life support system crumbled under his powered fist. 

"A clever trick!" All For One's mouth moved now that it was revealed. He truly did look horrifying like this. The villain's free arm bloated with his quirk, "Still weak though!" 

"That's because-!" Toshinori shifted One For All back into his broken arm. It grew bigger despite the broken bones, despite the werewolf shape, and he felt the relay of his power in the back of his mind. "-I didn't put my back into it that time!" 

He grasped the power in his fist and turned his body into a perfect stance as he rose up on the other side of that grotesque arm. He slung his fist at All For One, his greatest attack ever.

'Goodbye All For One.' Toshinori thought as his first connected. 

"UNITED STATES OF SMASH!"

He drove All For One into the ground and the force unfurled into a vortex of wind. He felt his remnant quirk sputter out, and his wolf reached for it weakly. 'Goodbye, One For All.' 

Blood seeped through his teeth as he heaved for breath. He kept his feet even while he just wanted to sleep. Not yet...He lifted his arm he had to prove to the world it was done. His werewolf form flowed away, and he pushed his muscle form out, he staggered but didn't fall. He couldn't fall. He needed to keep the image strong until someone could take his mantle. 

 


 

The crowd was screaming around them. Katsuki stared at the end of the battle as his heart raced. Deku's human mind was still on fire in the back of his head. The shitty wolf was looking at the monitors with stoic green eyes. He had never noticed before, but the wolf that his boyfriend harbored was almost stern looking. He was so used to the nerd that this was a stark difference. 

"We can't really go anywhere." Glasses said as he looked around. "I wish we could find Yaoyorozu and Todoroki." 

"We should just head over there." Shitty Hair suggested. "We should let the heroes know we've got Bakugou." 

Shitty Hair grabbed for him and Katsuki jerked his elbow away. Deku growled and nudged him ahead. 

"Now." All Might's vice carried through the monitor as the cameras caught up to where the heroes were loading the villain up into the Iron Maiden cell. All Might was pointing into the camera. Deku had stilled to look, his ears flicking back and a whine coming from deep in his throat. "Now, it's your turn." 

Everyone around them broke out in excited cheers and they all stilled. What the fuck were they cheering about? Deku ducked his head, his giant wolf muzzle lowering into clawed fingers. Tears were falling from the werewolf's eyes. In the back of Katsuki's brain the human mind of his boyfriend broke down into utter devastation.

*

Chapter 58: End Of The Beginning, Beginning Of The End

Summary:

Izuku has to suffer All Might's apology to his mother

Notes:

So, I realized its been a minute since we've had a belligerent Katsuki, expect that soon lol.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"The embers inside of me have been snuffed out. The mighty symbol of peace is no more." Toshinori looked at his bandaged arms and sighed. He'd just gotten thoroughly reamed by Dr. Mitsu for exposing the werewolf and breaking his body.

On the upside, it was going to be slow, but he would heal to the standard state of being he had gotten used to. There would be no lasting damage. "However, I won't just sit here, there's still something I must do."

"Tomura Shigaraki." Gran Torino guessed from where he sat leaning on his bulbous cane. Toshinori's wolf whined when they looked at the damage done to their mentor's face. "Shimura's grandson, yes?" 

"The only proof of that we have of that is what All For One said. That's not much to go on." Tsukauchi interjected and looked at Toshinori imploringly. "The two of you didn't have any interaction with her family. Even though you were so close to her?" 

"No," Gran Torino replied simply. 

"But why not?" Tsukauchi turned his gaze to the elderly hero who sat next to him. 

"It happened when Shimura's husband was killed." Gran Torino started. "Concerned she put her youngster in foster care to shield him from the hero world. She told Toshinori and me that she didn't want us to have any contact with the kid. Even if something terrible were to happen to her." 

"And in the end your promise backfired huh?" Tsukauchi said gently. It really had; they had failed her more than ever. Toshinori had failed her family even more. "I'm sorry to hear that." 

"My master gave up her heart so her child would know a life filled with peace." Toshinori clenched his fist to dispel any depression that might fall on him in the wake of the revelations of the night. "I must track down Shigaraki as soon as possible. Find him and then-!" 

"Find him and then what? Give him a pat on the head?" Gran Torino challenged and Toshinori looked at him in surprise. "You're not thinking about the villain he is anymore. That's dangerous. Remember that no matter his lineage, he's still a criminal." 

 He knew that was dangerous, heroes died for falling into that line of thinking. His inner wolf whined but held firm on the issue, their duty was no longer to the world. Not even to his master's grandson. They had a pack to stand with, students to teach, and an Alpha to train. 

"Tsukauchi and I will investigate Shigaraki and the League without you." Gran Torino explained the orders. It was easy to listen to the elder hero, he still lived in a world where Gran Torino's infinite experience and wisdom yielded fruit to him. "For now you stay at UA, you still have many responsibilities there. Even if you cannot be the symbol of peace you once were, don't forget that All Might is still alive." 

 


 

Alpha watched Kacchan walk into the police station, immediately missing the warmth of his mate's hands. Both Betas and the Delta laid hands on his fur and guided him home. Once he was back into his neighborhood he forwent the stairs and vaulted himself up to his floor and left his pack behind. He scrabbled at the door until his mother unlocked it. 

She gaped up at him before she stepped out of the way so he could lumber into the house. "Oh honey, why didn't you ever tell me that Yagi-san was All Might, I couldn't believe it when I saw!" 

He leaned down and ran his muzzle over her neck and shoulder. Melting into the smell of home and safety. He needed to come down and let Izuku back out. They weren't in danger, Kacchan was with the police, and they would see him home. He wasn't any good to Kacchan like this. "Not...safe..." 

"Oh, Izuku...no, you're the wolf!" Bright green eyes filled with tears. "Should I call Dr. Mitsu?! No, he'll be with All Might I mean Yagi-San!" 

Alpha huffed and climbed up into the apartment. He paced out to the living room, like they used to do, when he was comfortably whole. Kacchan would sit with him and watch the news. The elders of the pack would sit around as well and laugh. It had been years since that had happened. He needed Izuku to come back, it was too hard to do this alone. 

His mother frantically brought him food and turned on the news, he was glad she remembered. Before long she unpacked his yellow bag and brought his phone and fresh clothes over. He ate and curled up with his bulk on the floor and his head in her lap. She ran her fingers around his ears and chattered nervously. "You can come back whenever you're ready Izuku, it's safe here." 

He closed his eyes and thought back on the mad flight out of enemy territory. Watching his Zeta fight a predator that scared him. Scared the Alpha. He wondered if leaving had been the right decision. Both Alphas abandoning their Zeta. But no, he may be the Alpha, but there was a reason the Zetas had been chosen. They knew more, were in a position to educate Alpha and his human soul.

Alpha couldn’t touch the mating bond, Izuku had wrapped himself around it like a life line. Maybe sleep would set them right. He drifted off to the sound of his mother’s soft voice remarking on the news. Her worry for All Might, her worry for him. Hopefully he could alleviate one of her worries. 

 


 

Vibrations drew Izuku to awareness. He stirred from where he was lying in the living room on one of the many cushions his mother must have dragged out for him. He looked at his phone for a moment before he had a pure moment of panic. He was back, he was back! He ran his hands over his mostly nude body, thankfully covered by a blanket. He grabbed for his clothes and got them on, and his arms wrapped back up to protect his human skin. 

He picked up his phone and his eyes widened in shock when he saw a message from All Might. He ran for the door where his shoes sat and struggled into them. "Hey! Where are you going?!" His mother exclaimed as he kicked his toes into place. "You came home as a wolf, Izuku!"

"Sorry, I'll explain later!" He raced out the door and tore from his neighborhood. He raced unbidden through the streets to Dagobah Beach, and saw his mentor near the waterline. "All Might!" 

"Ah," All Might turned upon hearing him. "You made it."

"Are you okay?!" Izuku yelled as he raced across the beach. 

"It sure took you long enough!" All Might waved one lanky arm and ran towards him as well. 

"All Might!" Izuku's heart raced with worry as he saw all the bandages on his mentors body. 

"TEXAS SMASH!" Izuku found himself punched in the jaw as soon as they drew close to each other. He was shocked by the force and fell to the sand. "You made a promise, but it turns out you can’t keep your word. If you kids had gotten hurt it would have all been in vain. You've got some bad influences." 

Izuku lifted his fingers to his cheek as it swelled impressively. Even in his weaker form All Might was still overwhelmingly strong. He knew all the things All Might was saying. He knew them when he left the hospital.

His wolf hadn't been able to settle for anything less than going after their mate. His wolf who was sleeping soundly I’m the back of his mind, wrapped back in the iron hold of his control like it had never taken over him. And Kacchan, who's mind was walled back off. Izuku knew he would die for Kacchan, and that disturbingly true. 

"Young Midoriya," All Might loomed over him. "Listen, I'm officially retired as a Pro. It's clear that my body isn't going to allow me to fight another battle, even with the wolf helping." 

He blew up into his hero form and threw out three punches with his free arm. He immediately reverted back into his small form and coughed up blood. Izuku screamed in horror as he saw the blood.

"The last sparks of One For All have left my body. And my muscle form won't hold for any significant length of time. I can't protect you when you put yourself in danger now. You're always rushing in, even when I tell you not to, destroying your body over and over. Yet back there, you managed to-" All Might gestured big with his hand and Izuku flinched as his instincts screamed a hit might be coming their way. Then that arm wrapped around his head and tugged him up into a hug. "-To rescue your mate without being injured or getting into a fight. I'm so proud of you."

All Might rubbed his jaw into Izuku's hair and stayed there, loosely holding him as he crouched in the sand. "From now on I'll devote myself fully to training you. You're stuck with me. So let's keep working hard together."  

Tears welled up in his eyes as his emotions surged painfully in his chest. He remembered the hold his father had on him that night under the stars. The last comfort a man in his life had ever given him. He reached out along his pack bonds and there All Might was. He buried his teary face into his mentor's shoulder and grasped it, opened himself up to it and spoke.

"Thank you, nothing would make me happier, All Might." Izuku cried. 

"What did I say about keeping your word you little crybaby? I though we agreed that you'd stop it with the waterworks." All Might asked but there was a waver to his tone. And then the greatness of his own emotions flooded through the bond. He grasped his mentor's shirt as he sobbed. All Might's emotions conveyed nothing but pride, comfort, and a sense of relief. 

Izuku was so relieved in turn, All Might had survived the fight against All For One. Kacchan was safe. He was alive himself. And now they were going to train him fully with his quirk. Izuku was just so happy that the pain in his cheek didn't even phase him. He barely felt it. 

 


 

"Thank you, All Might." Nedzu said as Toshinori stood before his boss the morning after he spoke to his alpha. "You've saved thousands of people’s lives over these many years, though it cost you your body and strength. As a citizen, a hero, and the principal I cannot express how grateful we all are to you. However, given everything that's happened, there are many who do not believe you should continue as a teacher at UA." 

The principal lifted a tablet with the news all over it. He'd looked over the articles himself, and he'd leave it to the Principal to make the decision. He only came here to find a successor, and he had. He would train Midoriya if he had to stake out the kids apartment himself. 

"Some are pointing out that out troubles began when you arrived here." Nedzu said. "That our students will continue to be caught in the crossfire and you can’t protect them anymore." 

It wasn’t like he'd really managed to protect them at all. He came late to the USJ, Aizawa and Thirteen had done so much more. He wasn't there at the mall, Young Midoriya kept his head through that. He hadn’t been at the summer camp; that fell to Aizawa, Vlad King, and the Pussycats. He didn’t even rescue Young Bakugou, that was all done by the Alpha and his subordinates in the pack. He'd been a resounding failure, he understood why the public was pissed. 

He was pissed. 

"It is a delicate situation." Nedzu said as he clenched his paws into fists. "Nevertheless I know what we need to do to ease the concerns the public has expressed. We must strengthen the faith in the heroes we have left. It's true, the threat we still face is troubling, but we will protect and train with even more diligence than ever before. That is why we are going to implement a plan that I've had in mind for a while." 

He handed over a flyer and it was the first Toshinori had seen of the plan. Aizawa and Vlad just stood behind him silently, they must have already been briefed on everything ahead of time. He lifted a brow at the proposal notice. Dorms, that would certainly make things easier. Keeping an eye on forty hero class students in this time was difficult. 

"I've already sent these to the parents, and students. But I'm counting on you to convince their families." Nedzu looked at them seriously. All Might bowed at the waist. He was grateful for this opportunity to make things right. Because he had failed so far. 

 


 

"You know," Shouta spoke up in the car they rode in from house to house meeting their students. "I thought the parents would come down on us a lot harder. I suppose, I owe you a drink." 

 After the disaster his interview had been, he'd been ready to be a total ass to his fellow Zeta. Toshinori however had settled into the role behind him like he was a junior and let Shouta do all the talking. 

"No thanks, I don't drink." Toshinori laughed good naturedly. "Besides, it's not a contest." 

"Speaking of." Shouta glared at his fellow werewolf and pointed. "I can't believe you turned into the werewolf without telling me." 

"It kind of just happened." Toshinori laughed again this time with more energy. "It was crazy, I felt almost as powerful as I did in my prime. But it's not a strong, I think, as Young Midoriya's." 

"No I don’t think it is, being an Alpha and all." Shouta admitted. "I saw him, you know, right after Bakugou was taken." 

"That bad?" Toshinori asked as his heart skipped a beat. 

"Worse," Shouta clenched his fingers as he thought about what that must have been like. With Hizashi's mark on his neck, and his jittery mind lingering in the back of Shouta's, he understood the way his student had lost control. "He was scared, that's my responsibility." 

"Yeah, this next family probably won’t be too happy with us." Toshinori sighed. Shouta closed his eyes, the Bakugou’s.

 


 

"Yagi!" Mitsuki opened the door to the house with a bright flourish. Toshinori had only met the woman once, right after he had been turned into a werewolf. But she was as boisterous as she was then. "Why didn't you say you were All Might! That's not very pack like of you!" 

"A-Ah, apologies." Toshinori bowed a little to the matriarch of the Bakugou family. 

"Yagi, nice to see you again." Masaru-San walked by and ushered Aizawa up into the house. 

"Come on in and we can visit." Mitsuki-San waved them into the large den where Toshinori sat next to Aizawa and Masaru brought them tea. "Hey brat! Get your ass down here!" 

"Shut up hag!" Young Bakugou was just as spirited as ever. Judging by the horror on Aizawa's face he hadn't quite realized yet that Young Bakugou was as loud and volatile at home as he was in public. Thunderous footsteps came from within the upper portion of the house and the stairs before their student appeared. 

He didn't look any worse for wear, and he had his signature scowl on his face. "Oh, it's you." 

"Katsuki, don't be rude!" Mitsuki-San got up and dragged her son to the couch where they bickered before they settled in. "So, what brings you both here, I imagine this isn't another wolf introduction. So it must be about Katsuki."

"We came to talk about the dorm situation Mitsuki-San." Toshinori started. 

"That is, if you aren't against the idea of us continuing to watch over your son." Aizawa joined in and the ash blond woman smiled wide and swatted her son on the back of his head so hard he choked. 

"Are you kidding, hell yeah! Get this kid in a dorm room!" She exclaimed.

"You hag! Hit me again and I'll kill you!" Young Bakugou seemed to be back to his regular energy, that was good. 

"You hush!" Mitsuki-San slapped him on the back of the head again and Toshinori knew his fellow teacher was finally learning where Young Bakugou got all of his fiery attitude from. "If you hadn't been so damn weak you never would have gotten caught and caused all that trouble! Imagine how hard that must have been for poor Izu-Chan! Losing his mate like that! Do you want him to turn out like Lycan?!" 

"Come on you two, please," Masaru-San sighed and waved his hand on the other side of Young Bakugou. "No fighting, we don't need another dominance fight between the two of you. Certainly not in front of guests. We don't want to frighten your teachers do we?" 

"Shut it you cloud! Mind your own business!" Young Bakugou roared at his father who just sighed in resignation and smiled a little in relief. They must be glad to have their son back. 

"You're the one that needs to butt out!" Mitsuki-San directed at her husband who just smiled wider at his wife. She then stood up at the same time Young Bakugou did, "Oh don't you even think about using your quirk Katsuki. I'll stomp you into the ground so hard Izu-Chan will have to put you back together himself!" 

They fell onto the couch with Young Bakugou grabbing his mother’s arms and doing a weak job of trying to keep her away from pulling his cheeks with a vengeance. They really were like wolves. They must have adopted a lot of mannerisms. That made sense though, before Toshinori, these three and Young Midoriya's mother were the only pack members he had. 

"So, do we have your consent?" Aizawa powered through the craziness before them and Mitsuki-San got free and smacked her son on the back of the skull again and planted her hand there to bow his head. 

"Oh, the dorm?" Mitsuki-San checked back into the conversation like she hadn't gotten into a squabble with her son like wolves would over a scrap of meat. She let go of her son and the explosive moment was past. "Actually we're grateful. Katsuki is fearless and good at everything he tries. Especially since he's got that stupid awesome quirk. People are always fawning over him whether he deserved it or not. It's probably why he ended up like this. Though, it's been better since he mated himself to Izu-Chan." 

Young Bakugou glared up at his mother but didn't say anything, his palm ran up over the edge of a scar at his neck and looked down instead. Now that he thought about it he'd seen Aizawa do the same thing in the car. Was that the bonding mark Dr. Mitsu's notes had covered? 

"That's why I liked what you said, at the press conference." Mitsuki-San looked to Aizawa and Toshinori grinned at his fellow wolf. "See that's when I understood that the school was watching him closely. I was worried about the kid obviously and didn't know what would happen. But he's back now safe and sound. So it worked out." 

She placed a gentle hand on her son's head, and he gritted his teeth but bore through it. Toshinori wondered if he'd gone to see Young Midoriya yet. He seemed a bit on edge, more so than he'd ever seen before. Mitsuki-San turned a pleased smile to them, seeming more gentle than ever. 

"I'm sure UA will face harsh criticism from some people. We still trust you though, so we'll leave him to you." She shoved her son into a proper sitting bow to look at her husband fondly. "Right?" 

"Uh huh," The quiet man nodded with a smile. They looked at both teachers. "You're also pack, both of you. Who better to watch after our half of the alpha pair." 

They bowed all together then and Toshinori jolted a bit in surprise. "He's a hot-tempered brat, and we know he's a pain. But please train him hard and make him a good hero." Mitsuki-San said. 

Toshinori grinned and elbowed Aizawa who still looked lost and perturbed. This was the weirdest meet up they'd had all day. "I owe you a drink for this one." Toshinori teased with a grin. 

They settled the plans and headed out to hit more of the lists. "Now, I hope to see you for another pack gathering, we'll figure it all out once the boys are settled." Mitsuki-San waved as they left the doors. "Take care!" 

"Now let's see." Aizawa lifted his phone and the list of addresses they had to hit. "Midoriya's place is close by isn’t it?" 

"Yeah," Toshinori confirmed. 

"All Might." His Alpha's stern voice stopped both of them. Toshinori turned to see the teen had exited to stand within the fence of his yard. He didn't look angry, or even upset. Just calm. "I gotta know. What exactly is Deku to you?"

"He's my student." Toshinori said, they had agreed not to tell Young Bakugou about One For All. It must have been a shock however to see that Yagi-San was actually All Might. "And my Alpha. Just like you are. He's a fledgling hero with bright prospects." 

He wanted to apologize immediately. He was leaving out the information about One For All and his wolf snarled at him for not being forthright with his Alpha. 

"Dammit Katsuki! The Police said not to go wandering off by yourself!" Mitsuki-San yelled from within the house. "Unless Izu-Chan comes here you stay the fuck put!" 

"Yeah sure." Young Bakugou looked troubled, then he turned back. "If you don't want to tell me that’s fine. I get why you never said anything about your identity too." 

He started walking back to the house as his mother started yelling for him. Toshinori almost didn’t hear it, if it hadn’t been for his wolf enhanced hearing. "oh, and thanks." He breathed before he raised his voice. "I heard you, hag!" 

He felt worse as his student went into his house and slammed the door on a new screaming match had between the two blonds of the Bakugou house. No wonder Young Midoriya had wanted to tell his mate. But it still wasn't the full truth. As far as he had gleaned the explosive teen had taken it to mean he'd taught the werewolf a way to tap into his hidden strength without limitations. Dammit. 

They rode over to the apartment building he had become familiar with, whenever he ended up travelling in this area he usually stopped by just to observe this bit of his alpha's territory. And maybe to smell the warm scent of home that left trails along the sidewalks. The scent that called to his wolf, but he'd done nothing about it. Stepping out of the car he inhaled and smelled both his alpha and they were wolf's mother. 

"Are you sure you'll be alright by yourself?" Aizawa asked from the car with a raised eyebrow. 

"Yeah," Toshinori threw a thumbs up and grinned. Though inside his wolf glared and growled to get the other wolf far away from their mate's den. "We need to sit down with everyone in class A by days end right? So we can divide and conquer. I'll take this place and you can head on to the next person on the list." 

It was when the car drove off that he tried not to pump his fist in victory. He didn't know why his wolf was acting like that. Aizawa was newly mated, so there was no threat at all. It wasn't like he'd even tried to make contact with Young Midoriya's mother. That was weird right? It totally was. He shook himself and headed up to the apartment he'd been to once before. Time to man up and do his duty. 

 


 

Izuku was sitting in his room working on his arms. Keeping his muscles from cramping up and fighting through some of the ache still in the bones. His mind pressed periodically against Kacchan's through their bond, but his mate remained stubbornly walled off. He must not be happy about being rescued. Or seeing Izuku totally out of control and the wolf in charge. That had never happened before. 

Then his mind brushed over where his wolf remained quiet, dormant and sheepish in the depths of his mind. It felt vaguely apologetic about having wrested control from him. And it was staying back to show Izuku really was the one in charge. It was frustrating. 

Izuku had taken the initiative early in the morning to cycle through his transformations. He was still properly in control; his instincts were at the same intensity. The only one clamoring for any attention was the one begging him to see their mate. Re-establish their claim.

 Izuku felt that his mate would come to him, even he was ready. Kacchan had just been kidnapped and held captive for two days, and he'd only been home for one. There was no reason for him to paw at his mate until he was comfortable and unwound from his capture.

If he hadn't reached out to Izuku yet there was a reason. But he would, eventually he would, and they would see about re-establishing their bond then. 

The doorbell rang and Izuku got up to join his mother as she answered the door. His back straightened as All Might stood in the genkan with a bright grin on his face. "Oh, come on inside Yagi-Sa-...I mean All Might. We're honored." 

"Thank you, but we already know each other." All Might stepped up. 

"I can't believe you didn't tell me he was All Might!" His mother hissed through her nervousness. 

"Be cool mom it's totally fine." Izuku tried to comfort her. All Might had been a huge staple in their apartment for nearly all of Izuku's life. He was just as much his mother's favorite hero as he was Izuku's. 

They sat at the dining room table and Izuku brought the tea and cakes his mother had in the fridge. Then he spared a moment to scent his Zeta and sit down next to his mother. 

"You probably already know why I'm here." All Might spoke as he stirred some sugar into the tea. "I'm sure you received a notice that UA is moving our students to dormitories?'

"Yes, about that. I read the letter." Inko said as she fisted her hands on the table and looked up seriously. "And I won't allow it." 

Izuku jerked back in shock. "Wait, what?" Izuku asked. "But you said-!" 

"I thought about it since then," She looked down, "And I've changed my mind. I know most of your pack is there, I understand that, but I just can't allow it." 

She looked up at All Might with no tears in her eyes and a set to her jaw. It spoke of the strong woman who had yanked him through the air with her quirk to drag him to safety. The same woman who met his gaze as a pent-up werewolf on the full moon and didn't let his irritated attitude sway her. 

"Izuku has admired you for so long, even though he never developed a quirk of his own as a kid. And then, horribly one was forced on him. He made the best of it and fought to control it." She bit her lip as memories of their past must have surged up in her mind. Izuku knew that look, he got it sometimes when he thought of his father.

"But ever since he enrolled at UA, my child just keeps getting hurt. Sure he has a healing factor thanks to his quirk, but he has permanent damage in his arms now. If he injures them anymore he might not be able to move them again. Could you imagine, a werewolf who can’t run on four paws?" She shook her head and Izuku clenched his fists in his seat.

He had known he'd worried his mother. But he hadn't known she felt this way until now. He whined a little as his wolf urged up in concern. They were of one mind on this. 

"I watched you on TV and saw what that man did to you. As a regular citizen I am so thankful for your bravery. But, as a mother, I was terrified." Inko looked up at All Might with challenge in her eyes. Izuku felt like he was looking right at a mother wolf ready to protect her pup. "Izuku wants to be just like you. But if he follows your path, his future will be filled with blood. I'm sorry, but he's my son. He's all I have left." 

Izuku was reminded of running around the house in his All Might onesie to save his mother from fake danger. She always laughed and played along, then spent long hours once a week telling his father all about it on the phone. Laughing over their child’s silliness. Izuku remembered that she'd fought every day for him in one way or another. 

"Forgive me, Izuku." His mother turned to him with tears in her eyes. "You were quirkless, and you were always so happy watching the heroes do their jobs. Maybe it was better that way, I don’t know." 

"That's not true!" Izuku leapt to his feet as she looked away from him sharply. This was his burden to bear, why was she shouldering so much of it? 

"Honey, I told you I'd support you, but I wouldn't stop worrying, do you remember that?" She sighed, "And I know all you want to do is keep going to UA. But, I can't take it anymore. I can't lose you too." 

He shouldn't be surprised. He'd been ignoring her feelings about UA for so long. Maybe even before when he was so wrapped up in his werewolf quirk and running from it. All this time she'd been doing this all alone, dealing with all of this without his father to listen to her and help her. 

"I'll speak frankly, as Izuku's mother," Inko let her tears fall and looked up angrily. "I don't have the nerves I'd need to entrust my son to UA, pack members in the faculty or not. Not with everything that's happened with your school. It doesn't matter that you're pack, or what a wonderful hero you are. When the villains attacked, every class had to be canceled and you couldn't stop your students from getting seriously injured, almost killed. I won't put my son in danger. It's my duty as his mother to keep him safe." 

"Ma'am," All Might stood up. 

"It's not like that mom." Izuku lifted his arm and brandished it. "It's my own fault I kept getting hurt, the teachers warned me over and over again. But I didn't listen." 

"So you're saying you didn't learn? Don't you think that means the school is responsible?" His mother glared at him darkly. Izuku gritted his sharpening teeth, she was right. He had caused so much trouble by not caring about his limbs being broken. He'd troubled everyone including his mother. 

"Young man, sit down." All Might sat back down and Izuku followed suit. 

"I might be acting like an overprotective parent, but I'm at peace with that." Inko said as she continued, "And while I don't want to steal my son's dream away from him, he can always go to a different school. There are lots of other hero courses out there besides the one at UA." 

Izuku gritted his teeth and knew he needed to make an Alpha decision. For his mother, and for himself. He turned and tore off for his room. 

 


 

Toshinori could honestly say he'd been waiting for one of the parents to ream him for all of the trouble the school had been in. He'd been prepared to take it and apologize with his whole heart. Midoriya Inko had proven she was every bit the parent of his protege. A mother who was protecting her pup. 

He had been powerless to refute anything she said, she was right. She had every right to be angry, to be apprehensive of moving forward. His wolf was cowering under her ire and urged him to take the reins. She had spent ten years after the loss of her husband dealing with a child who's had a quirk thrust on him by force, only to unknowingly have her son receive another. 

He had put Midoriya in a situation where his body was breaking more so than it might have if he had become a hero with just the werewolf quirk in his body. He had caused his poor mate this much pain and worry. He was scum, how dare he do such a thing to her? And not just to her, after Izuku ran off into the apartment Toshinori thought of his alpha. He knew what it meant to study at Toshinori's alma mater. To give it up after working so hard?

Toshinori had failed his mate and his protege spectacularly. 

"I’m sorry," Inko bowed to him, "I'll go talk to him." 

She had barely turned away from the table when Young Midoriya burst back into the room. It startled even Toshinori, wasn’t he upset? Why did he look serious and ready for war? "Mom, it doesn't have to be UA." Young Midoriya said, "Here look at this, you too All Might. I got a letter at the hospital. It's from the boy I saved at the training camp."

He handed the paper to his mother and looked up at Toshinori. "His name is Kouta, and he's someone who hated heroes and quirks. He wrote me to thank me for saving him. I know I'm hopeless and make you worry all the time. But still, when I read this note... just for a moment, it made me feel like a real hero. I was so happy. It reminded me of what dad said that night. He said to be the best version of me I could be. And that would be his hero. When I saved Kouta, that was what I felt."

Toshinori could see the emotion in his Alpha's eyes. He knew that feeling all too well. The pure gratitude they could give. He understood now, Young Midoriya had come to the same conclusion he had earlier in his meeting. 

"I know who I am and who I'm meant to be. That's what I'll train for." Young Midoriya clenched his fist over his chest and looked at both of them with so much emotion in his eyes. "At UA, or not, I swear it!" 

'Young Midoriya,' Toshinori thought. He forced his body into his muscle form and his wolf aided the effort as he decided he needed to meet that determination head on. How could he be a worthy mentor, a worthy pack member otherwise? 'You are not just an aspiring hero following in my footsteps. You are on your own path towards greatness. As your teacher I must walk beside you.'

Toshinori took off his slippers and sank down into a kneeling position before his Alpha and his Mate. "I'm afraid I haven't been entirely honest with you ma'am. Please allow me to try again." He pressed his forehead to the floor. "I believe that Young Izuku is the right person to succeed me. That is, he is my choice to become the world's next symbol of peace." 

"Wah!" Young Midoriya gasped 

"Huh? what are you saying All Might?" Inko questioned. "What is this?!"

"It's an apology, as the one who held that title, I allowed myself to remain his hero instead of giving my all as his teacher." Toshinori felt this body trying to revert and his muscles started to steam. "I'm sorry." 

He dropped back instantly and both Midoriya’s screamed in fright. They were defiantly mother and son. But he wasn't finished. "As a UA teacher I implore you to forgive my past weakness. It is true that my path has been filled with blood. But that is what makes me the right person to help him find his own way. Free of the mistakes that I made as a young hero." 

"Don't do this All Might," Izuku urged. But he had to, he had to show his resolve.

"The Heroes at UA know that things can’t continue as they’ve been. were committed to ensuring the safety of our students from here on out." Toshinori said seriously. he needed to assure her of the schools intentions. Only then could he do right by her and her son. His pack. "It's our top priority. Look not at the current UA, but at the future. Will you allow me to devote myself to Izuku? Together we will go beyond, I'll lift him up. And I will protect your son even if it costs me my life." 

He would do that, even if she wasn't his mate. Even if Young Midoriya wasn't his Alpha. That's who he was as a man, as a hero. This was the heartfelt apology he'd been prepared to make, and he was honored to get to make it to a woman who deserved it whole heartedly. 

Inko fell to her kneed in front of him. "Are you okay?" Young Midoriya rushed to his mother's side. 

"I can't, I mean-, you are Izuku's reason for living." She spoke to him and he looked up to see she'd knelt across from him. He was removed of the way she brushed her fingers through his fur during the full moon. "It's not like I hate you or UA. It's just-I want Izuku to be safe and Happy. All Might, don't give up your life. He needs you, to protect him, raise him. If you can promise me that, then he can return to UA." 

"Oh, mom." Young Midoriya choked up. 

"I promise." Toshinori dropped his head once more. 

"Izuku, if you're going to go back to this school, you have to be so careful." She said sternly. 

"Of course, I won't make you worry!"  Young Midoriya promised. 

"All Might, please, take good care of my boy." And he vowed he would. 

*

Notes:

BTW Bakugou Mitsuki is like hilarious. I love her. And Midoriya Inko, so fucking pure.

Chapter 59: Moving Into Dorms

Summary:

Izuku moves into the dorms. Or alternatively: the episode of apologies.

Came back through to edit again and it looked like damn near all of my previous editing vanished wtf AO3

Notes:

Thank You for the comments everyone. Who else is enjoying the manga but it like counting the chapters until Shinsou comes back to team up with class 1-B? With Monoma, 0.0 against MIdoriya... I really can't wait to see my little troll kick ass and feel awesome. He can do it! I'm rooting for him!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku walked All Might to the street where his taxi was waiting. His mentor was quiet as he looked back at the large apartment complex.

"You have a really good mother." All Might stated.

"I do." Izuku smiled softly. She'd been supportive of him his entire life. Doing everything in her power to insure he had a good loving life. Even after his father died.

"You know," All Might said, "She reminds me of my predecessor."

"She does?!" Izuku sputtered in surprise. "How so?"

"It's the hair style." All Might pointed at his head and Izuku snorted. He rubbed the back of his head.

"Sure." Izuku breathed.

"But she's got the mighty heart of a hero." All Might cheered and lifted his arm up high into a shaky flex. He was pushing his healing arms.

"Eww, look at that walking skeleton!" One of the moms from the neighborhood gushed to her friend. Izuku immediately freaked out as All Might flushed in embarrassment.

"That's All Might isn't it?" The other woman asked as they pointed. Izuku was so used to avoiding notice when they were together in public he'd not thought to stay inside the gate of the apartment buildings.

"Well, see you at school!" All Might hissed awkwardly and shuffled into the taxi.

"Right, cool." Izuku said equally as awkward. That's right, former number one hero and monstrous alpha werewolf right here, totally not awkward at all. Izuku's mental wolf snorted in disgust before it settled back down.

Izuku sighed and nodded. He needed to start packing and do everything he could to prove to his mom that he was alright. The incident with his wolf was a problem that needed to be rectified. So far no one but the other students had noticed. But Dr. Mitsu would need to know.

Izuku drew his phone out and slumped when he saw Kacchan hadn't texted him yet. He exhaled and told himself to have patience. He chose the contact he needed and made the call. "Midoriya...how nice of you to call."

Dr. Mitsu dropped the honorific on his name. Yeah, Izuku was in trouble. "Hi, Dr. Mitsu."

"How are your arms?" The doctor asked.

"They're fine, no damage or anything." Izuku confessed. "I've shifted through each body, and despite them being a little weak, there isn't any pain."

"Good." Dr. Mitsu sighed. "There were reports of a giant green werewolf seen around Kamino Ward during the incident. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?"

"Ah, my wolf decided it needed a walk." Izuku offered lamely before he sucked in a breath and came forward with everything he hadn't in the hospital. "I'm worried it's separate from me too far. Like we aren't the same being any longer."

"Lycan is in a similar state. Both his minds want to die. But he wants to kill himself while his wolf wants to be killed as it takes everything with them. So they did heinous things hoping someone could finish the job. This is the result of a lost mate." Dr. Mitsu sighed. "Did you have to pick the kid who's going to run head first into danger.?"

"Who else is going to follow me or lead the way there?" Izuku admitted as he touched his bond mark. "But yes, I lost control of the wolf. How do I prevent myself from losing control like this again?"

"Lycan didn't expound on it very much at all. I don't think he could come back if he gave in altogether again." Dr. Mitsu said. "You'll have to test and see. Report to me the findings on that."

Izuku would have to be so much more careful in all things. Izuku inhaled deeply and asked the question no one was taking about on the news. "What about the werewolf quirk?"

"Yes, All Might did expose it didn't he?" Dr. Mitsu growled. "We had plans in place for this though. The same plans for Eraserhead. If either of them were exposed they were to keep you out of it. As before, the story is that they both were referred to me and I have used the research I've been working on to help them both heal. They are just the only ones to gain the wolf from the treatments."

"I'm sorry we've caused you trouble." Izuku sighed. 

"It's alright, I worked for UA in the medical department before. I understand the needs of heroes, and how their quirks can be influenced by their health. It's why I left to study yours fully. The applications for what yours can do is limitless. All the samples the three of you have given me are vastly different. It's giving my team many variables to work with. Lycan's samples as the foundation and yours have all taken healing sciences to a new level." Dr. Mitsu gushed. "So don't worry about us too much. We have governmental permission to use Lycan's genetic information in our studies. You and your pack signed off on your contributions as well. If they have a sudden problem because All Might needed his secondary quirk to fight that lunatic, then they can talk to me." 

"You're too good to us doctor." Izuku smiled, he was glad this man had been a fountain of understanding and introspection. Izuku couldn't have gotten as far as he had without this man's valuable insight. 

"I couldn't have gotten this far without you either Midoriya. So please continue to grow and report to me about it." Dr. Mitsu said and Izuku hummed. 

"Thank you for all of your hard work." Izuku said and they begged off. He nodded again and headed up to his apartment to start packing. But first, he saw his mother looking into his room with teary eyes. He walked up to her and hugged her tight. He dug his head into her shoulder to imprint his scent all over her. "Thank you mom, I love you so much." 

"I love you too Izuku." She said softly. "But I'll miss you so much." 

"I'll miss you too." And suddenly they were both crying as emotions welled up. 

"No more tiny wolf feet on the floor and no more extra laundry." She sobbed. "Who will I cook for now?!" 

He whined in the back of his throat before he leaned back. "It's okay mom! Auntie will come by; she hangs out here a lot." 

"I know, but it's not the same!" She wailed before she just bundled him back into her arms. "My baby is moving out!" 

He let her get it all out, then she collected herself again and helped him begin packing. He vowed to visit as much as was safe. And he would call every day to check on her and the other Gammas of the pack. He wouldn't ignore those things by accident anymore. He was an Alpha, so he needed to pay attention to all members of his pack. He hoped that would be the key to keeping his wolf under control.

 


 

It took three days, but the dorms were built and set off on the edge of campus. It was a five-minute walk from the main gates where the school itself was. Heights Alliance it was called. It even had a large 1-A logo placed on the front of it. All along the lane other dorms were placed, Each class got their own building. It was amazing really. 

Izuku gathered with everyone else as Aizawa-Sensei exited the building to greet them. He kept his head down to avoid staring at Kacchan. His mate was quiet, his mind even more so behind his mental wall.

"Given everything that has happened I'm glad we were able to bring class 1-A back together." Aizawa-Sensei said in a rare show of affection for them. 

"So we all got the go ahead to move onto campus?" Sero lifted a pleased fist. 

"It took a lot of convincing for my parents." Hagakure admitted. 

"I was pretty concerned about mine." Jirou added in with a weary smile. 

"Makes sense, you got the worst of the gas attack." Ojiro said as he looked at her. 

"I'm glad to see the teachers got to come back too. I was afraid you wouldn't be allowed. The people of the press conference seemed pretty upset with you guys." Asui said, and she was right, Izuku had been worried himself after he re-watched the broadcast with Aizawa-Sensei in it. And All Might, who was under fire for supposedly bringing the villains to UA.  

"Yeah," Uraraka agreed. 

"I was surprised as well, but circumstances have changed." Aizawa-Sensei said tiredly as he scratched his head. "Now then, I'll explain how your dorm assignments will work shortly. First however, we haven't forgotten about the provisional hero licenses you were supposed to get during the training camp." 

"Oh yeah!" Sato gasped. "That's what we were there for." 

"So much has happened it totally slipped my mind." Ashido said with wide eyes.

"This is important, listen carefully." Aizawa-Sensei gathered attention back to him. "Kirishima, Yaoyorozu, Todoroki, Midoriya, and Iida. You five are the ones who broke the rules and went to rescue Bakugou that night." 

Everyone fell silent and apprehensive. Izuku firmed his spine, he would take whatever punishment was dealt to him, he had known what he was getting into. 

"Based on your reactions I assume the rest of you were at least aware of their plan." Aizawa-Sensei sighed. "I'm going to set aside a number of issues and just say this. If it weren't for All Might's retirement from the hero scene; I would expel everyone here except Bakugou, Jirou, and Hagakure. The five of you who went of course, but also the remaining twelve who didn't stop them. You betrayed our trust, even if it was to keep from getting your friends into trouble. In order to regain our confidence you will need to obey every order given to the letter and be model students." 

The tense air that surrounded them was so thick Izuku could feel it on his skin. Raising his hackles. He felt a ripple along the bonds with Iida and Todoroki, but they had firmed themselves as well. 

"That's all." Aizawa said and like that it was over. He was such a scary hero. The teacher turned and started for the doors of the dorms. "Now, look alive. Enjoy your new home." 

"Uh, we're supposed to be excited after that speech?" The class groaned collectively. 

"Tch," Kacchan growled suddenly and grabbed Kaminari by the shirt. "Come here." 

Izuku watched his mate drag the blond teen behind the bushes. A large-scale electrical discharge followed a loud scream before Kaminari stepped out totally fried with a vacant look on his face. He walked over with thumbs up. The class started laughing immediately. 

"Kirishima." Kacchan called calmly as he walked over towards the red headed Beta. He handed over a small stack of yen. 

"Whoa, did you shake him down for cash?!" Kirishima exclaimed and Izuku fought his snort. 

"No! This is my money you idiot." Kacchan growled and held it out. "To replace what you spent." 

"How'd you know I spent money on night vision goggles?" Kirishima asked. Kacchan shoved the money into his beta's chest and stomped off towards the dorm. 

"Don't say I never gave you anything. Now I'm not in your debt." Kacchan grumbled and Izuku smiled sweetly. His mate was so cute. "Kaminari, show him your dumb side!" 

"Explosion!" Kaminari exclaimed as the class gathered around him in humor. 

"Sorry guys, I know this won't make up for it, but let's all go out to eat tonight on me!" Kirishima called and everyone cheered. Izuku just stuffed his hands in his pockets and watched. He would need to apologize himself. Maybe he would let everyone touch his wolf body, they seemed to all get excited about it. 

 


 

The way the dorm was set up was that each class got its own building with girls on the right, and the boys on the left. The entire first floor was a common area. The first floor housed the kitchen, baths, and the laundry room. It also had a large entertainment corner with a massive tv set and wide couches. The color scheme was green and dark wood. Windows dotted the walls and sliding doors let out into the courtyard between the dorm towers. 

Everyone got excited to look around and even Mineta was getting worked up over the baths being on the common floor. But Aizawa-Sensei was quick to scare the teen into submission. Maybe being a wolf wasn't the best thing, it only increased his intimidation factor. Izuku looked around with a different eye, this was the common part of the den. He would need to make sure his scent was woven in with everyone else. 

On the second floor the dorms started, with four rooms to each level. Each student got their own with their own AC's, toilets, closets, and fridges. That was a relief, Izuku could keep extra food stashed for his pre-full moon days. He got irritable leading up to that. And it was only a week away now that they were moved in. Izuku was in awe of the balconies in each room. 

Izuku was interested to see the assignments for each room. Their belongings were already sent ahead to each room. Aizawa-Sensei sent them off with stern instructions to get unpacked and settled in. Izuku managed to get his room looking decent enough how he wanted it, and then he spent an unnecessary amount of time pacing around and getting his scent deep into the foundations of his room. 

With that done he paced the hallway to get his scent all over it as well. His personal territory. His pack would be able to travel through and know they were safe. Though why he thought that was beyond him, no one else had the instincts he did outside of All Might and Aizawa-Sensei. It didn't stop him however, he just moved down to the common room and started there as well. He stopped when the others started to filter down as well. 

"Ah! I'm so beat!" Kirishima complained as he flopped onto one of the couches.

"Are you done unpacking?" Sero asked once they had all settled to take a breather. 

"I think so." Kirishima mused. 

"Feels good right?" Izuku asked. It was already beginning to feel like home. Though he knew what his room was missing. 

"I know he could have died, but it's kind of exciting to be living here." Kaminari exclaimed from where he sat behind Izuku. He bit back his growl at the others enthusiasm about his mate's close call. Instead he looked to where Iida was practically vibrating where he stood behind Kirishima. 

"A unified class!" Iida exclaimed as his arms moved at wild angles chopping and adjusting to his excitement. It was like looking at a tail wagging. "It's the perfect way to increase our cooperation and discipline! How smart!" 

"So you never relax do you?" Kirishima snorted at the class president. 

"Heya boys! All done with your rooms?" Ashido asked as she was followed by Uraraka, Yaoyorozu, Hagakure, and Jirou. 

"Yep, we're just unwinding now!" Kaminari waved a hand in greeting. 

"Well, the girls and I have been talking and-," Ashido started. 

"We have a great idea!" Hagakure cut in her invisible body tilting to show her excitement. 

"Let's go around and see who has the coolest room!" Ashido suggested. Izuku felt his soul drain from his body, they did not want to do that. They did not want to do that! 

Predictably they wanted to go to his first. Izuku screamed as they dragged him kicking to his door. "No! Wait you can't go in there! It's not fit for-!" 

They opened the door immediately and female squeals blew out. That was embarrassing! He hunched his shoulders and walked dejectedly into his room. It was as covered in his All Might memorabilia as it was at home. Though everything was lifted so that his werewolf bulk wouldn't wrinkle his posters or knock his things aside. 

"All Might is everywhere!" Uraraka exclaimed and clapped her hands. "You're such a fan boy!" 

"Well, I admire him." Izuku said. "This is embarrassing." 

"Does this mean they're judging our rooms too?" Kaminari asked. 

"Probably." Sero rubbed his chin in worried thought. "It could end up a good time." 

Thankfully they left his room and he shook himself enough to ignore the new scents all over his new room. He would just have to smother them out later. They floated to Tokoyami's room next to his and Izuku decided to get at least one apology out of the way. 

"No way." Tokoyami stood in front of his door sternly. Ashido and Hagakure immediately jumped into trying to move him out of the way. He fought until they knocked him over. Izuku sighed in exasperation as they ran into his room immediately. 

"It's so dark and scary!" Ashido and Hagakure exclaimed. 

"You fiends!" Tokoyami growled. Izuku liked it, it smelled like the Lambda. As long as he was comfortable that was what mattered. The light was even low with purple lamps giving it a warm glow. 

Izuku even got excited over a sword and that got them all kicked out as the others were in awe and picking at him. Once out in the hall Izuku bowed at the waist to his pack mate. "I wanted to say I was sorry; I did something selfish and I put your chances here at risk. As well as your trust in me as Alpha. I'm sorry." 

"Midoriya," Tokoyami started and Izuku shook his head. 

"Don't say anything, I was selfish and headstrong. I promise to be better in the future." Izuku turned to the others as well. "That goes for all of you as well. I'm sorry I betrayed your trust and risked your positions here at UA." 

They got loud as they all started to forgive him and make noise about it all. Izuku nodded and the energy stayed up as they moved on to Aoyama's room. On the other side of Izuku's. It didn't take much explaining and after another apology from Izuku he let them into his room.

Mirrors coated the walls, and his bedspread matched the drapes. Stage lights and a disco ball were even installed into the ceiling. How he got the wall cling up onto the ceiling, to match the rest of the decor, Izuku didn't know. 

"Aren't you dazzled?" Aoyama asked in a crane pose in the middle of the bright and sparkling room. It was literally the opposite of Tokoyami's. 

"Shiny!" A few of them said at once. 

"No, no, It's not shiny, it's mag-ni-fique!" Aoyama exclaimed while posing. 

"Exactly what I expected." Hagakure said bluntly. 

"Honestly I expected more." Ashido threw in. 

"This is turning out to be really fun!" Uraraka said as she bounced, Izuku and the other boys joined at the same time. "The last person on this floor is-!" 

They all turned to see Mineta leaning out of his door, Izuku felt his hackles raise immediately. "Hey, come on in girls, I have so much to show you." 

Izuku stepped out in front of the others and the boys joined his effortless change in direction. No need to subject anyone to that. 

"So, third floor?" Uraraka asked as if nothing had happened. What a good Delta, already getting everyone on track again. 

Ojiro kept his room pretty spartan. And the girls were rather brazen about questioning him. He looked a bit put out too. Izuku apologized to him as well and it took some of the pressure off of the blond teen. That was good enough for Izuku. 

Iida was strangely proud of the wall of bookshelves he'd put in. However, everyone took immediate notice and amusement in the four shelves of glasses on the wall above his desk. Izuku gaped at all of them. Iida looked a bit nervous about it but said he expected them all to get destroyed in training. Did he by bulk then?

Kaminari's room was a clash of different styles. Jirou said it was like a store in the mall she would avoid. Kaminari freaked out immediately in self-consciousness over it. Izuku thought it looked bright in contrasting ways. But stylish all the same. 

Kouda's room garnered new excitement. He even had a pet rabbit in his room, free range. Izuku stepped back to not freak it out with his predator aura. Even though his own hunger for live things had increased since the camp. He didn't want the silent gentle student to think he was a monster. Did he think that during the first day of camp?! Izuku did eat a rabbit whole there! 

The boys got mutinous in the hallway. Saying it wasn't fair that the boys were the only ones getting embarrassed. Mineta was surprisingly convincing when he called the girls out on their judging. Everyone got strangely intent then. It may have started as a ruse to check out their rooms, but now it was really a contest. 

They climbed out onto the fourth floor and as everyone started to wonder where Kacchan was, Izuku stopped at his door. He could smell his mate within, hear his breathing evened out in sleep. He pleased his hand on the surface as his heart ached a bit. He missed his mate, how long had it been since he had tasted him, felt him everywhere? Too long, but Izuku would wait. Kacchan was obviously working through things if he'd gone out of his way to appease Kirishima. 

Izuku left the door with a longing look and joined everyone as they looked at Kirishima's room. 'A Den Of Manliness' It was called. He had a punching bag and lots of kanji all over. The banner above the fire motif curtains said, 'Certain Victory'. He was really into his Crimson Riot thing. Much like Izuku was with All Might. 

"If I found out my boyfriend had a room like this, I'd dump him." Hagakure said bluntly and Ashido nodded in agreement. 

"It's so bold!" Uraraka exclaimed and dragged Kirishima out of his immediate wounded state. "Makes me wanna work out!" 

"Yeah, you get it!" Kirishima grinned. 

Shoji's room was even more barren than Ojiro's. He'd taken it down to a futon and a small floor desk. Was he training his discipline? He was a minimalist, as Todoroki questioned. Izuku thought that was pretty alright, everyone was different. 

Sero might have won, his room was covered in warm exotic looking rugs and tapestries. It looked Indian in nature. Izuku was pretty impressed, he even had a hammock in his room. 

Todoroki had an entirely traditional Japanese styled room. Izuku gaped and looked at his Beta curiously. How the hell did he do that? 

"How did you remodel this entire room in just one day?!" Mineta exclaimed as they all freaked out at the changes in the room. 

"With hard work." Todoroki said plainly. Izuku snorted, was he joking? Was he serious? Izuku loved seeing his Beta's humorous side. 

Sato's room reminded Izuku of his home. It was a nice feeling the room evoked. It smelled of sweets and warmth. He offered everyone chiffon cake and Izuku was pretty sure he might have won just by having that in his room. 

Izuku was relieved when they left the boys dorms and his scent had been evenly dispersed along the halls. Everyone was saturated in it; he was secretly pleased. That made establishing this as his pack den much easier. He knew Aizawa-Sensei would be here as well, so keeping it safe feeling was paramount. At least his Zeta gave off a strong scent of protection. It would keep Izuku's wolf calm. 

The first room on the girls tour was a reluctant Jirou's. Her room was filled with instruments and a checkered floor pattern in black and gray. A matching wall runner bordered the wall and ceiling. The ceiling was even red and black checkered. It was very punk rock. 

Hagakure's room was cute looking. All Pink and pretty. Her excitement was infectious about it. She chased Mineta out of her room with attitude. Sero took initiative and wrapped the pervy teen up in tape. Izuku nodded at him in thanks. 

Ashido's room was done up in a darker shade of pink. It was like the blend of Kaminari's stylish room and Hagakure's cute. Zebra print, polka dots, stripes, with black accenting it all. It was nice. 

Uraraka's dorm was plain, but it reminded Izuku of her apartment. He wondered if she had closed the lease out on it when she moved in. He hoped this was easier on her finances.  

Yaoyorozu's room sported a gigantic king size four poster bed that took up the entire space. She looked sheepish about that and Izuku was reminded again that she came from a very affluent family. She was her own brand of silly though. He remembered how she had gotten excited to shop for disguises. 

 


 

Izuku settled into the common room as they all voted for the best room competition. With five votes, Sato won. Izuku figured, the cake was a decisive blow against everyone else. He looked shocked about winning though. This garnered him the ire of Kaminari and Mineta. Izuku laughed good naturedly. 

"Is it over? Can I sleep now?" Todoroki asked. 

"Yes, and since you had cake don't forget to brush your teeth." Iida said and Izuku smiled at them both in amusement. 

"Thanks for sticking it out." Izuku said. He turned and looked at his pack members. "Can I-?" 

They both nodded and Izuku waved them down so he could scent them accordingly. It settled his wolf further into his control and that was a good thing. Izuku let out a breathy exhale when he touched his chest and tried to blend their minds back together. Not quite there yet. 

"Thanks you guys." Izuku waved as Todoroki headed off for the elevator. 

"Hey, Todoroki wait a minute!" Uraraka exclaimed, the Beta stopped to turn around curiously. "Deku, Iida, Yaoyorozu, Kirishima do you have a sec? It's really important." 

Izuku looked at her curiously, what was up? Uraraka led them all out onto the front lawn of the dorm.

"So, uh, where're we going?" Kirishima asked. 

"Right here." Uraraka led them to where Asui was standing. "Tsu said she had something she wanted to tell everyone." 

"You guys know I'm pretty straight forward and always speak what's on my mind." Asui started. "But sometimes, I don't know, I'm at a loss. Remember what I said back at the hospital? When you were talking about the rescue?" 

Izuku did remember, they had disregarded her wishes. So far, he had gotten to apologize to everyone except her. He was going to take responsibility and hear everything she had to say.

"Yeah," Izuku nodded. "Every word." 

"My heart was hurting." Asui confessed. "And the things I said must have upset you. Bakugou is your mate." 

She lowered her head and Uraraka rushed to her and cupped her shoulder. "It's alright Tsu." 

"Despite my warning you still went and saved Bakugou. I didn't know that until this morning." Asui said and Izuku gritted his teeth in realization. "I thought I'd stopped you. But it turns out I was worthless, a complete failure. And suddenly, I didn't know what to say. I didn't think I deserved to joke around and have fun with everyone like usual. But...it made me so sad to be without you." 

She looked up with tears running down her face and Izuku's heart lurched. He'd done that, he'd upset her by plowing forward. And he couldn't apologize to her properly because he didn't regret going to save his mate, he never would. Kacchan was his heart and soul. 

"That's why I wanted to talk to you." She said through her tears. "Even if I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be feeling. I wanted you to know so we could hang out and talk and have a good time again." 

"It's not just you who thinks that." Uraraka said. "We all felt pretty bad and wanted things to be back to the way they used to be before. That's why we did the room contest, to bring everyone close together, and make us feel like a class again. It's all we could think of at the time, so please don't feel like we were trying to trick you or anything." 

Izuku shook his head. No, Uraraka just did what Delta's were supposed to do. They bridge the gap between pack members. Exactly what he knew she was capable of. 

"Look, what I'm trying to say is-," Uraraka jumped with a smile, "Let's all work hard in our training and be good friends again." 

"Tsu!" Kirishima jumped forward. "I'm sorry, thanks for telling us all how you feel!" 

"It's okay!" Yaoyorozu jumped forward as well. 

"I apologize!" Iida joined in as they crowded the frog girl. 

"You shouldn't feel bad." Todoroki added. 

"Tsu listen, I won't make you sad again!" Kirishima said passionately as Asui started to cry again. 

"We promise!" Iida exclaimed. 

Uraraka was right, they needed to get back to normal. It was what was going to get them through so they could get better and stronger together. He wiped his tears and approached Asui, the others broke apart as he did. He sank to his knees and bowed just as All Might had. 

"I'm sorry Asui, I disregarded your words back in the hospital. But I don't regret doing what I did. I do however regret immensely that I upset you." Izuku apologized as he lowered his head to the ground in a show of concession. "I don't ever want you to feel like you don't belong with the class. If you ever have a problem, or even if something is bothering you please don't hesitate to tell me. I'm sorry for what I did, it was selfish and reckless. I promise to be better, be better." 

She kept crying as she knelt down and touched his shoulder. "I forgive you Midoriya," She sniffled, and he nodded. He sat up and leaned close to nuzzle her head. Transferring his scent to her. 

*

Notes:

I just want everyone to know that this was torture to write. I had to keep Izuku a model student, because thats kind of the core of who he is here. And his werewolf quirk isnt going to get in the way anymore, not if he can help it. When all I want to do is get to the fight between them and get our love birds to make up. Torture I say!

Chapter 60: Create Those Ultimate Moves

Summary:

Izuku has to create some Ultimate Moves for the upcoming Provisional License Exam

Notes:

So I was looking at my outline for the last few episodes for this season. And what my plans are regarding them. I'm planning to take out the special filler episode and insert it into the Movie fic I'm going to do with this AU. Since it's technically part of it, and comes before the summer camp.

Putting it in the middle of the exam arc was a dumb decision. Very 'One Piece' of the anime team honestly.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku woke up startled from a dream and his wolf reared back in groggy confusion. It took them a moment to adjust to the different environment, though the room smelled enough of home. Then he remembered and his wolf settled back down, they had moved into the dorms already. 

Now he was too keyed up to laze in bed. Izuku rolled from the soft blankets and dropped to the floor to warm himself up further. After his set of morning exercises he got dressed in a t-shirt and his UA gym pants. Then he ventured forth from his dorm to freshen up. He was pleased to see Iida already in the communal boys restroom. 

"Good morning." Izuku waved as he selected his toothbrush from its travel case and set to brushing his teeth. Todoroki and Ojiro joined just behind him, it was companionable, and his wolf peeked up from the depths of his mind shyly. Looking through his eyes at their class and packmates. Izuku allowed it, still trying to find a way to merge them back together. 

Once he was finished Izuku left to join the rest of the class as they hunted down breakfast and got ready for the day. Izuku shared a long look with Kacchan but didn’t approach, he was patient. Kacchan didn’t try to share food with him, so Izuku wondered if he was still upset about Izuku rushing in after him. But if he wasn't yelling about it he was working through it somehow. Izuku would just have to wait. 

He finished and helped with the dishes before he headed off to get dressed in his uniform and to join the others as they headed up to the main campus. It was lively as everyone was settling into living together. It was a nice clamor of noise that let Izuku settle in comfortably. He liked it this way. 

As he looked up at the main building Izuku firmed his resolve. He had to live up to the legacy All Might had left to him, he couldn't fall into his quirk's desires so easily anymore. He couldn't let it rule him as it did Lycan, he had come far too close to that.

He'd put in an order to Dr. Mitsu and had filled out paperwork before he returned to the campus. Soon, he would have a large set of tranquillizers for his wolf side. He planned to leave them to Aizawa-Sensei, All Might, and Kacchan. As well as keeping a set on his hero gear. The approval was already through too. 

Izuku would not let his wolf rampage again. He couldn’t afford to in his quest to become a hero. 

 


 

"I believe I mentioned this already, but your main focus this summer, is obtaining provisional hero licenses." Aizawa-Sensei leaned over his podium sternly. 

"Yes Sir!" The class intoned at the same time. 

"Do not take this lightly." He looked at them sternly. "A hero license means that you're responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult. Only 50% of students pass the tests required for permits each year." 

"It's that hard to get a provisional license?" Mineta asked from behind Izuku in shock. 

"In order to prepare; today you'll be concentrating on creating something new." Aizawa-Sensei said, ignoring Mineta entirely. The door to the classroom opened to reveal Midnight, Cementoss, and Ectoplasm. "Two ultimate moves." 

"Ultimate moves?!" Kaminari and Kirishima exclaimed at the same time. 

"An exam is a school thing!" Ashido and Kaminari gasped at the same time. 

"But this is total hero work!" Kirishima and Sero followed up at the same time. That was awkward, Izuku sighed at them, how did they manage that?

"When we say ultimate, we mean a move that will insure your win against an opponent." Ectoplasm-Sensei said as he looked across the room. 

"Actions so unique to your identity that no other person can hope to copy it." Cementoss-Sensei continued and lifted a blocky finger. "Simply put, you must learn to lean into your strengths." 

"Your moves represent who you are." Midnight-Sensei posed provocatively, "These days most pro heroes have an Ultimate move, those who don't are fools." 

"This may sound abstract, but we'll explain more as the day goes on." Aizawa-Sensei looked at them all seriously. Izuku felt that they were in for some grueling work. "For now change into your costumes and meet in gym gamma." 

Izuku joined the rest of the students as they collected their gear cases and headed to the locker rooms. Izuku looked at his gear and wondered if maybe he needed to get it updated, he had a lot of lasting damage now. The last time he wore it his arms weren't as busted up. He put it on dutifully and made a mental note to see if he could get it updated. 

The class moved as one to the gym they were going to be working in. 

"Gym Gamma, also known at the academy as the Training Dining Land, or TDL." Aizawa-Sensei waved into the vast building with high walls that circled the building before it opened up into walkways near the windows. 

"This facility was my idea." Cementoss-Sensei said as he crouched and formed a cluster of cement from the ground. "We can prepare unique terrain and obstacles for each student. Here you will learn to serve up justice. Hence the name." 

"That's pretty cool." Kaminari said. 

"Please allow me a question!" Iida threw up his arm. "What is the advantage of having ultimate moves for our provisional exam? May we know your reasoning?" 

Oh boy, Izuku stifled his amused snort. The Delta was always like this in every class that threw them into actively using their quirks or doing maneuvers. 

"That's two questions, calm down." Aizawa-Sensei deadpanned at Izuku's friend. "The job of a hero is to save people from all sorts of dangers. Crime, accidents, and natural or man-made disasters. Of course the licensing exam analyzes how well you’re able to deal with such things. However you won't just be fighting. Your ability to gather information and make quick decisions will be judged. In addition to how well you communicate, cooperate, and lead others. Every year a new test is used to test these qualities." 

"One thing is especially important." Midnight-Sensei continued, "If you want to be a pro hero you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepared you won't have to worry, and those of you with and ultimate move will have stronger results."

"Your circumstances should not dictate the results of your future battles." Cementoss-Sensei smiled at them, his strangely square mouth curling at the ends. "Learn to be consistent and you'll be an asset to the front lines." 

"Your ultimate move doesn't necessarily have to be an attack," Ectoplasm-Sensei continued as Cementoss-Sensei walked off further into the gym. "Take Iida's ReciproBurst for example. This sort of temporary burst of speed is valuable enough in the way if falls into the category of excellence were looking for." 

"You mean I've been doing an ultimate move all along?" Iida asked completely choked up.

"So it's basically our secret weapon?" Sato asked, "Something that gives us the edge no matter who or what we’re facing?" 

"There's a smart boy." Midnight-Sensei winked. "For example, how Kamui Woods is able to use his lacquered chain prison to capture opponents in an instant. That's exactly what we want to see. "

"The training camp was interrupted," Aizawa-Sensei turned to look at them. "But the practice you did get in to develop your quirks was part of the process needed to create these defining abilities. Now that you're caught up, you'll be working hard to develop moves of your own for the next ten days or so. This is how you will spend the remainder of your summer vacation." 

Cement cliffs and growths sprouted up all over the gym and clones of Ectoplasm-Sensei spread out as obstacles in the massive construct.

"Prepare for intensive training." Aizawa-Sensei warned. "In addition, you should think about how to improve your costumes. Especially now that you have a better understanding of your quirks. I expect each of you to go Plus Ultra, do you have it in you?" 

"Yes Sir!" The class answered enthusiastically. 

Izuku looked at his hand in thought, what was his move? 

Izuku looked up at the gym and the cliff like spaces so everyone had an area to work in. Flames and ice sprouted from one, explosions from another, and electricity as well. Iida was racing past, and Sero slinging himself by. They were all working hard already, but what could he do now? His arms were shot, so he couldn't continue to use smashes. 

Something was coming at him and Izuku ducked the peg leg that had swung at the back of his head. "Why are you staring off into space?" Ectoplasm-Sensei demanded ominously. 

"Oh, um...about the moves were coming up with-," Izuku started, "If I put too much more power into my arms I won't be able to use them anymore, I'll break them. My body turns into a wolf for that matter, so I don't know what a special attack would even look like coming from me." 

"It's true that your quirk is interesting, being able to use superhuman strength thanks to the werewolf aspects to your body. It's not what one would call consistent." Ectoplasm-Sensei remarked. "If you don't have a fixed attack yet, then let's focus on strengthening your power." 

"Yes sir," Izuku needed some help here. But he wasn't too sure what to do with it all. 

 


 

"Everyone's working hard huh?" Toshinori called out to his fellow teachers as he entered Gym Gamma. Aizawa and Midnight turned to look at him as he entered. 

"All Might?" Aizawa looked at him in confusion, their eyes flared at the same time in greeting. 

"Yeah, hi, I'm here." Toshinori pushed himself up off the door feeling playful. He inflated his muscle form and threw out a thumbs up. "Because I have the day off, and I have nothing else to do! Ha!" 

He was actually bored and really wanted to see what class A was up to. 

"Will you please focus on recuperating, and lesson planning?" Aizawa groused and Toshinori let his muscle form fall away. It didn’t hurt anymore; he was really just waiting on his arm to finish it's healing. He'd done quite the number on it. 

"Hey, why the cold reception? Theyre working on their big moves now right?" Toshinori asked as he walked over, "There’s no way I could miss being here for this. I'm still a UA teacher you know?" 

He looked up and saw through the cement formations, Young Midoriya deep in conversation with ectoplasm. he looked like he was having trouble if he was so deep in thought. The sound of explosions caught his attention and he saw Young Bakugou blast himself into the air and at his clone of Ectoplasm. 

"Now you explode!" The explosive teen yelled as he detonated an attack. "It's been a while since I've been able to let loose! Ectoplasm, I killed 'em, gimme another one!" 

"That boy is incredible." Toshinori directed to the homeroom teacher. 

"Yes," Aizawa acknowledged. "And he'll get even stronger in the future." 

Another clone was formed and Young Bakugou wasted no time in racing at it. He wasn't going to need any pointers. The other students seemed well into practicing and with ideas going left and right. Toshinori decided to do his duty and offer some wisdom to his protege. The only one not actively working already. "Hey!" 

"What are you doing here?" Young Midoriya looked up at him curiously. He felt the brush of his Alpha's wolf in the back of his mind, curious as well it seemed. 

"I've come with advice." Toshinori said. "Think for yourself, you’re still trying to imitate me." 

"Oh, I guess I didn't-," Young Midoriya blinked up at him so he turned and decided to let him think on that. It was the same vague teaching that had helped him through. Gran Torino however dealt with failure with kicks, in tandem with his approach to letting his students figure it out themselves. There was no right or wrong, and he was certain Young Midoriya could use his big brain to figure out what Toshinori meant.  

"Yo! Young Kirishima! I've got some wisdom to lay down on ya!" He headed over to help out, he wasn’t a hero anymore. But he could damn well become a better teacher. 

 


 

Izuku was deep in thought as he left training in the afternoon. He'd left to the Development Studio after Aizawa-Sensei had recommended it. He was too worried about his gear to really try working himself. With the state his arms were in, and the requirements he had for his new tranquillizers, he needed to think about all of that before he really got into trying to create an ultimate move. 

On top of that, he was still mulling over All Might's words. He was still trying to imitate All Might. That fell in line with what Gran Torino had said about his admiration for All Might holding him back from using One For All his own way. He had created Full Cowl to use it. Now he just needed to figure out what to do with it on top of his werewolf quirk. 

"Hey there Deku!" Uraraka called, "We were wondering where you were! Are you here for costume improvements too?" 

"Tch, speak for yourself." Izuku felt his head whip up when he saw Uraraka racing towards him, with Iida and Kacchan following behind.

"Don't run in the halls!" Iida chastised. 

"Ah everyone-," Izuku started to greet as he opened the door to the Development Studio. Only an explosion greeted him, weirdly he'd really had enough the welcomed the surprise. It almost felt like one of Kacchan’s. He caught someone in the resulting smoke screen and fell to the ground.

"The fuck?!" Kacchan's surprised shout was welcome to Izuku's ears.  

"Ow ow ow!" A feminine voice lifted up from his chest. 

"You know you shouldn’t mix everything you can find in the lab together like that," That was Power Loader! 

"Failure is the mother of invention Power Loader-Sensei!" Izuku knew that voice, it was Hatsume Mei! "Thomas Edison said something like that once. Even if something I make doesn’t work as I've envisioned it, doesn’t mean it's a waste of time!" 

"You almost blew up the entire design studio!" Power Loader chastised. "Will you please open your ears and listen to me for once?! Hatsume!" 

"Hey!" Hatsume greeted as the smoke cleared enough for Izuku to realize that Hatsume had landed straddling his hips with her ample chest flattened to his. "When did you get here?" 

Sudden and complete terror filled him, he flicked his gaze up to the stricken face of Uraraka and the thunderous one of his mate. "H-H-Hatsume! Y-You're s-sitting on m-m-me." 

"Oh, so I am." She arched up and plopped herself down and Izuku shrieked in mortification. Bulky gloves grabbed his upper arms and yanked him forcefully away from her. She tumbled to the ground, "Hey!" 

"Fuck off Bubblegum! He's fucking taken!" Kacchan bellowed. Izuku shivered as he looked up from his sprawl to see Kacchan glaring death at the support student. "Fucking Deku, disappear for like a few minutes and this shit happens." 

Izuku found his lips quite forcefully taken and couldn't help but melt into it. 

"Do I need to remind you that there is no PDA in the hallways!" Iida exclaimed in a totally scandalized tone. 

"Fuck off Glasses!" Kacchan broke away before Izuku could really lick into his mates mouth. But a sweaty head leaned down and rubbed against one side of his neck, then the other. Izuku's wolf rumbled appreciatively. Finally, he had his mate's scent on him. Then he was promptly dropped to the ground and a bulky finger covered in protective gloves pointed at him. "You fucking belong to me Deku! Don't you forget it!" 

Then his mate turned and was storming off. Izuku shivered as arousal spiked through him, "O-Of course I do Kacchan!" 

But his mate was already gone, cursing loudly as he went. Had he been worried about where Izuku had gone? Why?

"Sorry about the sudden explosion, it's been a while right?" Hatsume plowed right through the suddenly awkward air. "Class 1-A... and... I forgot all of your names already!" 

"Midoriya Izuku." Izuku got back to his feet and shuffled them, that was not the kind of impression he wanted to leave. 

"I'm Iida Tenya!" Iida leapt in suddenly harried and indignant, "The man you tricked into being a walking advertisement during the sports festival!"

"Never heard of ya!" She turned and Izuku flinched. They'd worked together during the cavalry race! She didn't remember that at all?! "I'm busy developing new babies so bye!

"Wait a minute please!" Izuku called, he shook his head of his buzzing emotions and got back to the matter at hand. "I wanted to ask Power Loader-Sensei about improving some of the elements of my costume." 

"WHAT?!" She twisted to look at him. "Count me in!" 

"Hatsume!" Power Loader called sternly. "It's fine for you to be in and out of the studio now that you're in the dorms. But if you stop following my instructions and keep running wild in here, you're banned." 

She deflated and Izuku flinched. "Um, hello." 

"I heard from Eraserhead you're here to upgrade your costumes for your new moves, yes?" Power Loader turned his attention to Izuku and his pack mates, "Come in." 

Izuku flagged in relief, he really needed to explain what had changed so maybe he could get a few ideas. Support experts would have ideas on gear that could even spearhead the new move itself. He entered as the door was closed and was in awe of all the equipment around. 

"Whoa! This looks like a secret lab!" Izuku gushed. 

"Now, hand over your instructions, make sure they're in the case your costume was delivered in." Power Loader ordered. "I have a license to make costumes, so I'm allowed to tinker with things that were made out of house. For small changes and repairs I can simply report what I altered to the design company, they'll do the paperwork for me. But for major design changes you'll have to fill out an application so the company can make the changes for us. After that the government will make sure the new costume meets certain standards. When approved, it'll be sent back here. And, we work with the best design agencies available, so there's usually just a three day turn around." 

That was quick, and that was good, he would need quick either way. "Well, I was wondering if there was a way to reduce the strain on the ligaments in my arms." Izuku explained. "Is that hard or possible?" 

"Hmm," Power Loader mused from his seat. "Let's see Midoriya, you mainly fight with your fists and fingers, with a body that changes between wolf shape, werewolf, and human. With your parameters already in the system, I might be able to do something for you pretty fast."

"Alright Deku, that's awesome!" Uraraka cheered and Izuku felt relived.

Hands suddenly worked up his sides and chest and he froze. He looked down to see Hatsume feeling him up. 

"Yes, yes, I see the problem." She murmured. 

"Hatsume, what are you doing to him?" Uraraka hissed. "Did you not see his boyfriend before?" 

Izuku stayed still as she kept running her hands over him. He panicked and ice ran down his spine. "Oh my, your body is much more muscly than it looks." 

A dangerous feeling filled his mind, his mating bond with Kacchan had opened up, and his mate felt angry. Shit, shit, shit! Izuku sent through placating emotions, he really didn't need his mate to come back and bomb this whole room to smithereens. After this much time of wishing Kacchan was next to him now he wanted him as far away as possible for everyone’s safety. Dammit!

"Don't you worry, I got just what you need!" Hatsume said suddenly and in a rush he was swept up by her exuberance and was placed into a full-bodied armor suit. "My very special baby, the Power Suit!" 

"O-Okay." Izuku was just glad she wasn't manhandling him anymore. 

"This high-tech darling can detect muscle contractions and support your movements." She was thankfully in explanation mode now. "Meet my baby #49, hahaha." 

"Um, but I really just need support for my arms." Izuku tried to explain to her. 

"Program start!" She cried out. 

It started to move, and he marveled as it swiveled his chest to her. "Wow, this thing is amazing." He admitted, until it kept going and didn't stop, with the lower half not moving even a little bit. His back protested as it kept turning. "Wait, no! I take it back! My spine! It's breaking me in half!" 

"Are you okay?!" Uraraka shrieked. 

"End program, looks like I made a mistake or two in the calculations." Hatsume said as she pressed a button on a remote. Why did her intent look feel so very sinister? "That's my bad." 

Her bad?! 

Izuku tumbled out of the contraption and his muscles immediately turned on him with a vengeance. Uraraka rushed to his side unsure what to do to help him. "Oh my God, are you okay?! Are you hurt?!" 

"I came in asking for some kind of arm brace but instead my body almost got pretzeled." Izuku complained. 

"Now that I think about it, I can use this suit as a capture item." Hatsume mused, she really lived in a world all her own. 

Iida was suddenly the target of her attentions and Izuku bid his Delta a pitiful apology. He was thankful to let the unwilling teen take one for the team. Uraraka urged him away as well, they needed to escape before Hatsume put him in something else. Iida was suddenly shot to the ceiling by rocket boosters attached to his arms. 

Izuku's worry had him racing over to him frantically. "My quirk is in my legs." Iida gritted out. "You mad woman." 

"Yeah I know." She laughed. "But come on it's so brilliant. If you wanted to cool down your legs, then why don't you run with your arms instead?" 

Izuku froze as she spoke. Maybe he could...? 

"Sorry guys, I'm trying to get her to look past her own devices." Power Loader cut in and Hatsume wandered off. This was what eccentric geniuses were like weren't they?

"I'm not sure that will ever happen." Iida sighed wearily. 

"Same." Uraraka agreed. 

"But you know, if you all are aspiring to be heroes, then you should treasure your relationship with her." Power Loader said sincerely. "You'll need her once you've been made pros. Look in the corner." 

Izuku turned and they laid eyes on a pile of broken machines, and various fabricated items stacked nearly to the ceiling. 

"That pile of junk, are all the support items Hatsume has made since she started school here." Power Loader explained. "Always inventing, even when school's not in session. I've seen many support course students in my career, but I can tell you that this girl is something special." 

Izuku walked over to look at the pile itself. There really was a lot of stuff here. "She made all of this in such a short time? That's nuts!" 

"Common sense is a collection of prejudices acquired by age 18, that's something Einstein said." Power Loader spoke as he looked at his student. "That girl is unafraid of failure. Constantly thinking of new ideas and trying them out. Innovators are people who don't feel chained down by pre-existing concepts." 

Izuku’s mid whirled with that into the thought he's had before. Wait. He was still trying to imitate All Might, and that was holding him back as Gran Torino had said. It was so simple, he understood now! How had he not noticed before?! He whirled on his Delta where he stood. "Iida! Please, there's so much I want you to teach me!" 

"Wait what are you talking about?" Iida asked in confusion. "You want my help with your training? We haven't even made any progress on our costumes yet."  

"Oh, that's right." Izuku realized they hadn't even gotten into that yet. 

"Whoa l, your face totally lit up just now, did you get an idea?" Uraraka asked. 

"I was just realizing something." Izuku smiled reassuringly to his female Delta. "I forgot to ask, are you changing part of your costume too?" 

"A little, I don't want to feel sick anymore." She said and Hatsume appeared behind her. 

"Ooh, you don't say?" All three of them visibly flinched as she got a crazy determined look in her eyes. She lifted a giant barrel that looked like something out of a video game. "You should try this out." 

"Why do I feel like it's about to explode!" Uraraka exclaimed in fear. They huddled behind him, leaving him to the wolf in the room. Which was ironic, and little bit of karma. Izuku had decided to abandon Iida to the eccentric support student. 

"Just handle this baby with care or-," Hatsume approached them looking entirely too scary. It started to spew dark smoke! 

"What is that smoke?!" Uraraka demanded. 

"You'll kill us!" Izuku and Iida exclaimed at the same time.

It blew up at that exact moment and Izuku took it all back. These explosions did not remind him of Kacchan even a little bit. A smug wave of amusement wafted from the back of his mind before Kacchan walled himself back off. Like he'd gotten his kicks and now was done with Izuku's crazy time in the support department. Unfair, Izuku had liked being able to feel his mate again. 

"It's a work in progress." Hatsume deduced as she looked at them sprawled and covered in soot. 

 


 

Four days later and Izuku finally had his new gear. He was leaving the Development Studio with it all on and was eager to test it on each of his bodies. Long armored gloves climbed up to just above his biceps. They put pressure where it was needed and little aches and pains he'd not noticed were actually hurting him went away. They felt good. They had even kept the claw tips to avoid him using his real ones in battle. 

He'd also had his shoes changed as well. The red was his signature, but he'd had armored attachments put onto the soles and up over the toes. This way he could put his new fighting style to work, in each of his bodies.

"Hey Midoriya!" Mineta called and Izuku turned to see him walking up. "Did you switch your costume up?" 

"Yeah, I got braces added to reduce the strain on my arms." He informed. He'd also had indestructible epi-pen type syringes made for his tranquilizers. He'd left four of them with All Might and Aizawa-Sensei. He'd placed two in his back pack, one in his blazer, and two in his costume pouches. He had four to give to Kacchan but hadn't managed to catch him. 

"You missed a solid chance to change your whole design, it's so boring." Mineta remarked.

"I like it," Izuku just touched the reinforced padding at his chest. It may be a darker color, but it was still his mother’s design. He'd wear it with pride. "I don’t want to change the base, at least not much." 

 


 

Toshinori snuck into Gym Gamma again while the students were training. He'd already checked in on Class 1-B and they were looking good. "Hey Aizawa, how are things progressing?" 

"You're back again?" The other teacher looked up over the ridge of his piled high scarf. Their eyes flashed in greeting and subtle acknowledgement of each other. "We're getting there." 

That was good to hear. He sidled up to the other Zeta and looked up to see Young Tokoyami had pulled Dark Shadow up to cover his body from head to shoulders while leaving his chest and inner arms bare. Interesting. 

"Some of them have finally solidified their fighting styles." Aizawa said and looked up drawing Toshinori's attention to where Young Bakugou was facing a rough concrete slab. "And then there are those already putting together multiple special moves." 

Toshinori took a step closer to see Young Bakugou had created a circle with one hand placed into the flat palm of the other. His explosion shot forward almost like a beam of explosive energy. It blew through the concrete in a circle. That was impressive. 

"No surprise that Young Bakugou is doing well, as usual." Toshinori remarked. 

"Uh huh," Aizawa agreed. 

"Hey watch out!" Young Bakugou shouted as Toshinori had turned to rejoin the other teacher. He turned to see a large piece of the slab had broken off and was dropping towards him rapidly. Air blew past him and the ground shook and a green blur streaked past him and into the air. 

Toshinori smiled when he saw his protege hurling himself between that piece of rock and his mentor. He didn't punch it, instead he moved into a kick that shattered the rock to pebbles. "SMASH!"

 


 

The approached the gym and Izuku entered to see his mate shooting a concentrated explosion through a concrete slab. But part of it suddenly crumbled and fell loose. He looked down to make sure there was no one under it and his gaze fell on All Might. Barely healed All Might. 

Izuku's body rippled into his werewolf form, Full Cowl activating at the same time. He laughed into the air as Kacchan yelled, "Hey watch out!" 

"SMASH!" Izuku rolled through the air kicking straight through the boulder that had escaped Kacchan's broken slab. He landed effortlessly his gloved claws steadying his stance. Then he looked up at his mentor and homeroom teacher. He'd created his new style and it worked flawlessly. One For All Full Cowl: Werewolf Shoot Style. 

All Might looked at him with a wild smirk in his glowing blue eyes. "You did it kid." 

 

Notes:

I shamlessly put Katsuki into part of the Hatsume scene, needed that awkward jealousy, don't even feel a little bit bad. Fight me.

 

Still not where I want to be in regards to make up sex. Like ugh! Why couldn't their fight have happened sooner?! Eh, it's okay, I'll be making that chapter especially long. Also while I have some funny ideas to do one shots with in this AU series, there's not enough sex, I'm sorry, there just isn't.

I must fix that. X3

Chapter 61: The Test

Summary:

Izuku and his class take the Provisional Licensing Exam

Notes:

So yeah...I couldn't avoid writing Katsuki anymore. I was doing pretty good, and I really wanted to wait before I dove into his introspection on all the reasons why he's pissed right now. Couldn't hold off anymore, I totally deviated from my notes and plans, this happened. No regrets.

Also, thank you everyone for the comments they make me smile. ;3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"All Might are you okay?!" Izuku rushed over to his mentor and frantically checked him over for anymore injuries. He had just gotten his cast off. "That was close." 

"Yeah," All Might grinned and nodded in thanks. Izuku blew out a relieved breath. 

"Dude, Midoriya, what was that?!" Kaminari's voice drew Izuku's attention. Kaminari had walked over with Kirishima. "You jumped in and wasted that rock!" 

"I always thought you were more of a punch type of guy." Kirishima tossed into the spectating and Izuku flushed in a fit of embarrassment. 

"I am, or I was," Izuku patted his leg as his body reverted down to human. "It's these new soles, Hatsume suggested them. I think they'll really help me step up my game. I can't just go around biting and clawing people. Plus, Iida's been showing me how to use my body better for this new style. I've only just discovered what direction to take this, I've still got a lot of work to do. Nothing I'd call an ultimate move yet." 

"I don't know." All Might said as he mulled Izuku's words over. "Based on that kick I'd say you're further along than you think. So, you should be ready for this test." 

Izuku tilted his head, no way. He didn't feel like he'd made much progress at all. He was still unsteady when using his legs in werewolf form. They were powerful, just shaped differently. The others had made so much more progress than he had. 

"Hey, All Might," Aizawa-Sensei walked over to the former number one hero, "It's dangerous in here, you should be careful." 

"Yeah, I know." All Might waved a hand in apology and looked up to the cliff where Kacchan stood looking down at them. "Sorry for the scare Young Bakugou!" 

Izuku met his mate's gaze and frowned when he saw how irritated he looked. Had that scared him? It was rather unexpected; how could he have known that piece of concrete was going to break free? But that was just the thing Kacchan would be upset about. 

Kacchan turned and an explosion lit up the cliff above them. "You watch yourself All Might!" 

Izuku sighed and turned away to engage Kaminari and Kirishima in a discussion about their gear. 

 


 

Katsuki looked at his hands once he was back in his bedroom after his shower. His mind flashed to All Might on the battlefield in Kamino Ward. Strong and powerful, every bit the number one hero. Then he saw fucking Yagi, skeleton like and irritating. How could they be the same person?! 

Katsuki sucked in a breath and growled in irritation. What had happened to him?! He was a fucking werewolf and the number one hero; how could he not sense the rock that had fallen from Katsuki's practice area? Why? Why dammit?!

Katsuki shoved off of his bed and stalked in irritation across the room. Pacing and scrubbing his hands through his hair as the guilt, the anger, and the self-hate burned deep inside him. He knew what it all was, shame. Something he was intimately familiar with. Always in regards to his bullying of Deku, in how he'd hurt his boyfriend in their first match, now he'd cost his hero everything too. 

"Fuck!" Katsuki wasn't going to be able to deal with this much longer. He'd done his level best to keep Deku out of it, that was an entire bag of worms he was not keen on addressing yet. He was pissed at his partner for keeping All Might's identity a secret. Something else was going on too, something he almost didn't want to acknowledge. 

Katsuki walked out onto his small balcony and planted his hands on the railing. Same as he'd done every night since arriving in the dorms. Keeping himself from doing something stupid. He had to sort himself out before he went to Deku. He couldn't face his boyfriend with all of this shit in the back of his mind. 

Deku had kept All Might's identity a secret. Katsuki could understand the need for discretion. Fuck, he was going to be a pro hero himself, he understood the secret identity shit. He had a fucking mask on his own costume. 

Deku had told him about the Hosu incident and the police chief had ordered him to silence on the matter. Why was what different and All Might wasn't? Was their bond worth so little? And that piece of shit explanation that he'd given after their first real fight with quirks. What the fuck was that?! 

Katsuki had just assumed 'Yagi' had taught Deku how to use his muscles for super strength on command. A technique that used the super strength that Deku often forgot he actually had thanks to his werewolf augmentations.

It wasn't unheard of, the way quirks worked and how they applied to the body. They were like a muscle, they got better with training. After all the shit Katsuki had seen on Dagobah Beach, he'd thought all of Deku's training had amounted to the explosive force he was using.

He was wrong.

Katsuki hadn't seen it then, and now it was all he could see. The similarities, the secret meetings on campus, the reckless shit Deku was doing. Katsuki was so fucking pissed off and he had no real outlet except training. Training that had almost killed the only hero he'd ever had. And there was Deku, with the power that now mocked him, saving the damn Zeta wolf. 

The worst feeling of it all was that he missed his boyfriend. Pissed off anger, betrayal, and shame aside; he missed the peace he could find in Deku's arms. He'd gone over everything thousands of times since he returned from his kidnapping, and still had no answers. He had thrown himself into working out, training for the licensing exam. Nothing was enough, how could it be?

He looked down from the balcony and saw Deku on the grass outside the dorms. A notebook was splayed out on the ground and he was practicing high kicks. Dammit, he was so fucking sexy. It wasn't fair, he wanted to be pissed off. Now all he felt was a hunger to bury himself balls deep into his personal werewolf. 

Katsuki lifted his hand to his neck and traced over his bite mark. Hot want splashed through his blood and he cursed. He stumbled back into his room and shut the door and curtains. He even locked the sliding door in case Deku could tell what he was up to. He wasn't ready to talk to his boyfriend yet. Not without saying something he would honestly regret. 

Katsuki sank to his knees next to his bed and slumped against it. His fingers stretched out to tangle in the hoodie he'd swiped from his boyfriend's laundry basket when he wasn't paying attention in the common area. He dragged it from his pillows and brought it to his face. He nuzzled the warm and soft fabric before he inhaled the deep musky aroma of his boyfriend's forest smelling sweat. 

His free hand shoved his sweats down to his knees and he was fisting his cock instantly. He smeared the pre-cum dripping from his tip over his length and glided his hand up and down swiftly. God, he wanted to feel the edge of claws on his cock. 

It was fucking torture living here, worse than when they lived a few streets away from each other. Sex was easy to have when their parents were either at work or out, or just plain asleep. Now there were two floors between them and a fuck ton of extras he didn't want to deal with hearing them. Even worse was the insecurity he would rather explode to ash rather than admit. 

He was too angry to try and have make up sex before they had even had it out. 

He'd damn near stalked his boyfriend this whole time, even if he was avoiding the werewolf. He couldn't help but stare at Deku's back in the communal shower room, watch his sleepy head as he brushed his teeth, or choked on his own tongue when he found his mate shirtless outside in the evening training. 

"Fuck," Katsuki moaned as his pleasure spiked when he thought of those glowing eyes staring at him. A clawed hand pressing him down before they met in a hungry clash of fucking passion. He leaned on his elbow and dug his fingers into his bite mark to spark the pain he craved. He wanted De-Izuku's teeth in him. He wanted to look up into those eyes as they speared him, and blood dripped down his chin. "Izuku." 

Fucking Support Bitch got to do more than him in the past week and a half. Shitty goddamn boobs flopped all over Katsuki's partner, ridiculous. Every inch of that cut werewolf was his. His to bite, his touch, his to kiss, and his to fuck. Izuku was just his. He'd explode anyone who thought otherwise. 

Tears sprang up behind his eyes as frustration set into his whirlwind of emotions. His hips drove up into his fist and he sank his teeth into the hoodie to keep from crying out as his balls bunched up and pleasured pressure coiled in his groin.

"You're mine Izuku. Mine, mine, mine." Katsuki hissed as he gripped his cock tight. His orgasm surged up and painted his hand with ropes of cum. He panted as he came down from the high his brain was in. He shook as his sweat started to cool. He buried his face into his boyfriend's hoodie and absently reached for the pack of wipes on his bed. "Dammit, you're mine...right?"

 


 

Izuku looked up as he exited the bus that had transported them to the testing site of the Licensing Exam. It was at the National Dagobah Arena. Izuku gaped and hoped he could do well enough to earn his license. 

"Ugh, I'm getting kind of nervous." Jirou said from next to him. 

"I wonder what they're gonna make us do," Mineta spoke as he jumped around in jittery anxiousness. "Uwah, what if I can't get my license?!" 

"Mineta," Aizawa-Sensei walked over to the small teen. He bent down to look at Mineta with the most droll expression Izuku had ever seen on his face. "Don't ask if you can, say you will." 

"Right sure, I've so got this." Mineta seemed to latch onto that. Izuku smiled, he would keep that in mind himself. 

"If you can pass this exam and get provisional licenses, you novice eggs will hatch into chicks." Aizawa-Sensei spoke across their entire group. "You'll be semi-pro’s; I expect your best." 

"Alright! I can't wait to be a heroic chicken!" Kaminari exclaimed and Izuku snorted, he was pretty sure that wasn't what Aizawa-Sensei meant. 

"Let's call out the usual guys, on my mark!" Kirishima exclaimed. "Go Plus-!" 

"Ultra!" A strange teen jumped into the middle of their class to join in. Izuku tilted his head curiously, who was this guy? 

"You know, it's pretty rude to jump into other people's huddles like that Inasa." A student in the same uniform the interloper was wearing spoke. Their uniform was complete with officer hats that had large 'S' emblems on the front. 

"What? Pardon me," The interloper, Inasa, said. He stepped back, slapped his hands to his thighs. He bent at the waist with wide spread legs to slam his head onto the ground. It was the craziest now Izuku had ever seen. "I am-SO-VERY-EXTREMELY-SORRY!"

"Who is this guy? I do not trust his enthusiasm!" Kaminari demanded and Izuku tried to stop his incredulous yell from getting any louder than it had just gotten in surprise. 

"Hey, look at their uniforms." Jirou said from within their group. 

"They're from that super famous school on the other side of japan!" Sero whispered to the class. 

"UA in the East, Shiketsu in the West." Kacchan informed the rest of the class and Izuku straightened to pay more attention to them. There were a number of elite hero schools in japan. Shiketsu High was their main rival in the field. 

"I wanted to say it just once, Plus Ultra!" Inasa exclaimed with a weirdly dangerous energetic aura about him. "See, I really love UA High, I'm EXTREMELY honored to compete against such incredible students! I'm SO looking forward to it!"

"Whoa, blood." The girl of their group looked up at the loud teen with wide eyes. 

"Come on, let's go." The other student said and led the way towards the arena.

"It was great to meet you UA students, please excuse me." Inasa said and turned to where his friends were.  

"Yoarashi Inasa." Aizawa-Sensei spoke as the Shiketsu students headed off. 

"Do you know him sensei?" Hagakure asked their teacher. 

"Indeed, he's strong." Izuku whipped to look at his teacher with the rest of the class. It wasn't like Aizawa-Sensei to acknowledge anyone. At least as far as Izuku knew. "He's in the same year as all of you. He's received the top scores for students on recommendation. For some unknown reason he turned down his acceptance to UA. Went to Shiketsu instead." 

"Wait," Izuku cut in, "He's our age?" 

Izuku looked across the group to where Todoroki stood. If he had the top scores for students on recommendation, that meant he might be stronger than even Izuku's beta. Izuku had never seen anyone their age who could match his Beta in raw quirk capability. Yoarashi Inasa, from Shiketsu High, Izuku would have to remember him. 

 


 

"Hold on, is anyone else confused here?" Sero asked. "This guy says he loves our school, but he turns down his chance to enroll?"

"Yeah, what a weirdo." Ashido agreed. 

"Maybe, but he's the real deal." Shouta reminded his students. Their ability to gauge other people’s strengths were behind for sure, "Keep an eye on him." 

"Eraser?!" A bubbly voice called out. Shouta tensed up and a cold sweat gathered on the back of his neck. No, there was no way. "I'd know that scowl anywhere! I saw you on the TV, and at the sports festival! It's been a while since we were this close in person." 

A female pro hero walked up. She wore a dark black sleeveless turtleneck with orange and yellow stripped gloves. Around her wrists and on her knuckles were metal cuffs, weighted most likely. She wore puffy jester shorts in orange and green. It matched her green hair and orange bandanna. Smiley faces were embroidered at her waist. 

She walked right up to him and his eye twitched. He had not expected her to be here at all. "Let's get married." 

"No," He growled with more than a little of his wolf in his voice. 

"Ah ha ha, you're a real laugh riot buddy!" Ms. Joke doubled over to laugh.

"As usual you're impossible to deal with, Joke." Shouta replied. If there was anyone on the planet who exceeded levels of noisiness in comparison to Hizashi it was Fukukado Emi. He was tired out just by being around her. 

"Come on think about it, if I was your wife, your life would be full of constant laughter." Ms. Joke threw a thumbs up at him. Either she was joking in a play on words, or she just thought she was that hilarious. 

"That sounds like an actual nightmare." Shouta said in refusal. His wolf flinched in disgust and his fingers itched to text his mate in a bit of horror. Hizashi would only think it was funny. 

"It seems like you two are close." Asui teased and Shouta bristled. 

"Our agencies were near each other. As young heroes striving to make a difference in the world our mutual love bloomed!" And she was off onto some weird tangent she had created.

"No, it didn't." Shouta refuted with prejudice. 

"I do miss your big retorts." She pointed finger guns at him, and he sighed. "You're my favorite person to tease, future husband." 

"So, Joke if you're here, then that must mean-," Shouta wasn't going to dignify that with a response. He'd never been that into the men he'd dated, and he'd certainly never been into other women. Hizashi was literally the only person he had ever truly wanted for real. 

"That's right!" She turned to wave behind her. "Everyone over here, this is UA!" 

He looked over to see she'd indeed taken on a class. He looked them over and saw gray polos. "Second years from Ketsubutsu Academy." She smiled proudly, "This is Class 2, these are my students." 

 


 

Katsuki looked over to see the tall lead student of Kestubutsu's class walk over to Deku and grasp both of his hands. Weirdly they could almost be siblings judging by their similar unruly hair. "Hey, I'm Shindo. Looks like UA has had a lot of trouble this year, it must have been tough for you!" 

"Uh, yeah-," Deku sputtered, Katsuki swatted those hands away from his boyfriend. This didn't seem to stop Shindo as he moved on down the line claiming hands and acting like nothing had happened. 

"And you're all still aiming to be pro heroes, despite those hardships." He said as he bustled and pumped a fist to wink at Katsuki's class. "How wonderful. Hearts full of fortitude, that's what I believe every hero in the world needs to have."

"And Bakugou, it must have been hard for you what with that kidnapping incident." Shindo said. It was like he hadn't even acknowledged that he had just removed this asshole's hands forcibly from Deku a second before.  

"Hah?" Katsuki muttered as his fellow alpha looked up at him worriedly. 

"You have an especially strong will, don't you?" Shindo offered his hand to Shouta's student. "Today I'm going to do my best to learn from you. I really hope you don't mind."

"Stop pretending," Katsuki slapped the other teen's hand away. "What you say doesn't match the look in your eyes." 

"Hey man don't be so rude!" Kirishima exclaimed. Katsuki just turned away and ignored the frantic look his boyfriend sent him. Issues aside, it was amusing to watch his overly polite mate get flustered by Katsuki's attitude. "He's just like that." 

"It's fine." Shindo, Katsuki didn't want to acknowledge his existence at all. "It just proves how tough his heart is." 

"Tch," Katsuki scoffed and turned his gaze over to where his boyfriend was standing. 

A blond girl ran up to IcyHot looking for an autograph. What a fucking joke. 

"Hey!" Aizawa called. "Get your costumes and head to orientation. There's no time to waste." 

 


 

The crowd in the orientation hall was huge. Izuku stayed close to where Iida and Uraraka were. He ignored how uneasy his wolf felt but kept tight reigns on his control. There was no sign of it slipping. That was a small mercy, he had to do well here. "Look at this crowd." 

"There's so many people." Uraraka gasped.

"Okay then, let's do this exam thing." A tired voice that was at least five times worse than Aizawa-Sensei's spoke over the PA system on the stage. A sleepy looking man with blond raggedy hair leaned over the podium looking half asleep and nodding off as he spoke. "I'm from...uh, the Hero Public Safety Commission...name's Mera. My circadian rhythm is so screwed up. Aww man...I've been up for so long lately that I haven't gotten much rest. We're too short staffed...I'm so tired. With that confession, I'll now begin orientation." 

Izuku looked up at the stage in sympathy. Maybe someone should have given this guy a break. He looked like he was ready to pass out right there. 

"So about the content of this license thing. Basically 1540 examinees will compete in a free for all exercise. Or whatever we're calling it this year." Mera-San yawned, "See, we've got a lot of pros around. And since Stain was arrested, many have expressed doubts about the status of heroes in society."

Izuku wasn't surprised, Stain had serious convictions. He just executed them with a crazed fanaticism that was frankly horrifying. Izuku was there, and he'd seen the storm the internet had become after the video went up and was taken down. He'd done part of his job; he'd gotten people to think. 

"But when you really think about it, getting paid makes sense if you're going to risk your life to save someone." Mera-San said. "Why shouldn't you ask for a reward huh? That's just the way the world works. I could use a coffee. Anyway, either they're in it for compensation or a sense of duty, there's too many heroes in the streets these days to keep villains at bay. Honestly, the time between when an incident begins, and ends is short. You are all here trying to receive your provisional licenses, so you'll be swept up in this tiresome mess yourselves soon. Those of you who don't have the speed, frankly, won't cut it." 

Izuku stiffened, this tired man had a point. Izuku remembered All Might saying true heroes just moved before they realized they were doing it. It came down to a few precious seconds to diffuse a situation. One had to be efficient if they wanted to be reliable. 

"Which is why that's what you'll be tested on." Mera-San looked up and the massive scream behind him lit up. Izuku's eyes widened at its words. They were going to narrow it down to 100 people. That was insane! From 1540 to 100?! "The first 100 students to fulfill the requirements will pass today." 

That was insane, the percentage to pass the entire exam was going to be so low. Izuku fisted his hands and looked at his mate's back in the crowd before them. He would pass this exam, and when he did he would insist they talk about what was clearly eating him up. Izuku could feel some turmoil wafting through when Kacchan wasn't paying attention. Maybe he needed to feel strong again as well. After the exam was the deadline now. 

"Well, the world can be pretty crappy. I suppose I should say something about luck. So anyways, here are the basic rules." Mera-San stood up lethargically from the podium and lifted an orange ball and a silver disk. "The examinees will put three of these targets on his or her body. They can go anywhere you want as long as it's an exposed area. So no soles of the feet or armpits. Each of you will have six of these balls. The targets have been programed to light up when touched by the ball. If all three targets light up, you're out. Oh, and the person who lights up your third target gets credit for your defeat. You get through this round by taking out two people. Got it, good?" 

Izuku lifted his hand to his chin as he memorized the instructions, but it was still worrisome. It was similar to the entrance exam but going against people was much harder than going against robots. There was exactly enough balls to complete the objective. But there was always the opportunity to steal the last target from someone else. That made it much harsher than the entrance exam test. 

"What else? I guess we'll start passing out the targets and balls." Mera-San said and the suited men around him carried out boxes to the gathered examinees. "You'll have a few minutes to get situated after we open." 

Open? 

The room they were in suddenly started to shake as the walls and ceiling unfolded and sunlight streamed in. Izuku gaped in shock when he realized they were in the middle of the arena. How had that happened?!

Izuku looked around and saw various types of environments. A city, a factory, a small forest, a cliff range, this main plains area, and even a large bridge over water. Every possible type of terrain they could be facing. 

"I'm sure each of you have different terrains that you like or want to avoid. Use your quirks and do your best, or not, whatever." Mera-San said tiredly. Izuku was still gaping at how unprepared he was for this. The commission really was a sink or swim kind of organization. The presentation was so unnecessary. "Yeah, I know, it makes for a good entrance...so much sleep loss for this...hopefully some of these kids are fast enough to get this over with. I'm going to rest my eyes." 

 


 

"Eraser..." Ms. Joke laughed into her hand a few seats away from Shouta. "Your fly is down." 

He felt his eye twitch as he crossed his arms and looked down at the testing area where his students were. He really could never get a moments peace could he? Hizashi was going to have a field day with all of this. 

"I can't believe you still have twenty students." She'd snapped out of the joking mood. Small mercies, "It's unusual for you to not have expelled someone. You must actually like your class this time."

It wasn't so much that he liked his class, he just saw potential. "Not really."

"Don't be embarrassed, that's so like you." She laughed explosively. "Please date me." 

"Shut up," Shouta grumbled, he was too tired for this. 

"But really," She broke out of her next laughing fit to look up at him slyly. "You know what's about to happen down there. And yet, you didn't mention a thing to your class. I could tell." 

No he didn't, he'd watched his students face off with villains. This was nothing compared to that. It was early anyways; they could stand to take this exam by storm. They could also stand to see how far the gap was between them and some of the other competitors. Unfortunately, his strict approach had only done so much to curb some of their arrogant tendencies. 

As his class had proven, they were hands on learners. 

"Every year is different. And it's kind of like a tradition during the licensing exam." She looked at the field with a sharp amused look.

He was glad they hadn't taken the licensing exam at the same time. He remembered his own, it was easy to team up with Hizashi. They'd taken their test and passed with flying colors. Hizashi with his loud quirk, and Shouta by being stealthy.

"Most of the students who compete in the exam have pretty equal footing. Except for one school. UA comes in at a severe disadvantage. Because the top school's sports festival is broadcast across the country, it shows off not only the student's quirks but their weaknesses and fighting styles too." She smirked, "Kind of funny isn't it?" 

He didn't respond. He was confident his kids could handle it. 

"If you liked your class this year, then you should have warned them about this." Ms. Joke admonished him. "We've seen it time and time again in this exam. UA is immediately crushed."

"So you think we'll be taken out?" Shouta asked seriously. "I don't really see a reason why I should have warned them. I don't think anything would have changed if I had. They're still going to have to overcome this either way. Real heroes can turn any situation around. Besides when they're pro's they'll be fighting villains who already know their quirks. At UA, we look a little further ahead than other schools."

It was a challenge, and he knew it. She had no idea though, and his wolf preened at their quiet pride in their passal of pups. He wasn't worried.    

 


 

Izuku finished stashing his targets and stood with his class as many of the other competitors raced off to get space between them all. Izuku glared around as his senses woke up and his wolf settled into his grasp at the ready. He was sure that the best way to win was to team up with his classmates. "Everyone, stay close together, we'll fight them as a group." 

Uraraka nodded and Sato agreed. Izuku watched his mate bristle and step away. "Yeah right, this isn't a field trip." 

"Idiot, wait up." Kirishima ran after him. 

"Kacchan!" Izuku growled. 

"Kirishima!" Iida called out as well. 

"I'm going on my own too, it's hard for me to use my power safely with a big group around." Todoroki said as he took off as well. 

"Todoroki!" Izuku growled in irritation. 

"Midoriya, there's no time, let's go!" Mineta called his attention back. He nodded and joined the class as they started to run to relocate.

"I don't think it's a good idea for them to go off on their own like that," Izuku would just have to trust they would make it. They were strong, hopefully they could beat the numbers game. And Kacchan was with his Beta, they could manage together. It didn't stop his unease. 

"Why not?" Mineta asked. 

"Think about it, everyone knows what kind of powers we all have." Izuku growled. 

"They did research?" Uraraka asked. 

"I see, the sports festival!" Iida gasped in surprise.

"The other schools have probably figured out the same strategy to win that I have." Izuku warned. "It's going to end up being a battle between schools. With that in mind, it's likely they'll gang up against quirks they know first." 

And that would put them at a major disadvantage. "Do you mean-?" Ashido started. 

"Don't tell me-!" Jirou hissed. A siren blared and cut both of them off.

'The first test will now begin!'

Sure enough, as they approached the mountain range, their first opponents appeared from up above. It was the Ketsubutsu class. "I knew it!" 

"I saw you on TV!" Shindo called from above, "That power of yours also destroys your body! Can't say I'm above taking advantage of that!"

A storm of balls were thrown at them and Izuku gritted his fangs as his eyes glowed. He lunged into the air as Full Cowl snapped over his body. He swung his left leg out in one of his Shoot Style moves and kicked one of the balls. His class mobilized behind him in evasive maneuvers that kept them all safe from attack. He landed and they closed back in as a unit. Like a pack. "We've got this you guys! Let's show them what UA can do!" 

"Yeah!" They all answered him, and his wolf shook itself mentally in pride. They could do this! 

*

Notes:

So, I cut out the bit where 1-B comes to the gym so Monoma could essentially antagonize the class again. I didn't like the idea that the gym was split between day and afternoon, like 1-B wasn't of equal importance to training. So, they trained at the same time in another gym, so say me in this fic! ;3

Mostly, because I have a feeling that if Shinsou joins a hero class it might just be 1-B, we'll never be rid of Mineta, I'm lamenting that he's a gag character and he'll always be here to take up my purple trolls spot. Sigh.

We also don't see enough of 1-B in my opinion. So far in the manga, I've liked their quirks, they're pretty cool.

Chapter 62: Shiketsu High Lurking

Summary:

The Provisional License Exam is underway

Notes:

Thank you for the comments <3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"Hey Eraser, I'm guessing a lot of our kids will think it's important to finish fast. Like the first ones to pass will be ranked at the top." Ms. Joke mentioned as explosive force shook the arena in the city and mountain environments. "So they'll want to attack, immediately."

"Yes, but teamwork is the key." Shouta answered her. He hoped his students didn't try to solo this exam. But that all depended on them. "The wise ones will cooperate and gather information together. But if they're seduced by the urge to win and rush to get points, they'll end up exposing themselves. And then it's all over."

It was all going to depend on if they could think calmly through their trial. He was watching closely, they had better not disappoint him.

"You said that UA looks further ahead than other schools. That's a pretty condescending thing to say Eraser." Ms. Joke scoffed. Shouta wasn't going to apologize for saying the truth. They were the best in the country. They had to be ahead, they had to innovate. "Do you have any idea how many kids want to be heroes in this world. Strength of will is far more important than going to a famous school or having renown. When you think you're the star and look down on others you reveal your weaknesses. That's how you fail."

This was where their ideals differed greatly. It didn't matter how badly one wanted to be a hero. It didn't even matter if they had all the potential in the world. It came down to who a person was at the core of their being. Maybe they went to UA, maybe Shiketsu, or even Ketsubutsu. Arrogance could be found in each of those schools.

You could want to be a hero all you wanted and work hard all you wanted. But if you wanted it for the wrong reason, as many did in their society, then anyone paying you through didn't deserve to be a teacher. Shouta wasn't going to coddle his students because they dreamed big. You needed to have the skill to back it up. The skill to survive, the skill to do right every time. Strength of will was only one trait students needed to have. 

The idea that UA students were spoiled snobs was a foolish opinion gained from not earning the spotlight UA attracted. The real difference in their teaching methods which came from the way they were taught. Was that Ms. Joke coddled her students childish dreams. And when they got out into the real world, how many would survive? How many would make it as heroes who fought for duty and not grandeur. Not all were like that, but some were. 

Shouta had never made the mistake of letting students live with childish fantasy for long. The dream was sound, but reality needed to seep in as well. Reality, no matter how crushing, was what would keep his students alive. That was what would help them evolve into heroes who became famous not for the spotlight, but in spite of it.

If not, well, he could always expel those who's potential became wasted.

 


 

"Something is happening." Izuku glared across the field at their Ketsubutsu opponents. One of them had just thrown balls to another who made them glow before hurtling them at the ground.

He looked down his hearing was picking up the balls tunneling through the dirt. But he couldn't lock into them. "Where are they gonna pop out at?"

"Get back, I'll handle this." Jirou jumped up next to Izuku. Her ear jacks connected to the gloves she wore. They were amps that worked like her boots did, channeling her heart beat into sound waves. She jammed the tops of her hands to the ground.

A soundwave that rang Izuku's ears pulsed across the ground. It broke the Rocky terrain apart and created even more space between their two classes. Izuku tried to listen in case they sent another attack. 

"They're coming straight for me!" Mineta shrieked and Izuku twisted to see the four balls streaking towards the small teen. Izuku tensed ready to leap up to deflect when Ashido stepped up. 

"Maximum Strength and Viscosity!" Ashido yelled. She shot her arm out and a wave of acid was flung into the air above them. "Protect this perv, Acid Veil!"

The acid ate through the rock looking balls like they were nothing. Izuku boggled at it, so cool! 

"Wow thanks, that's such a great move!" Mineta looked up at their pink classmate.

"It's my defense specialty that creates a melty wall." She bragged. 

"Black Abyss," Tokoyami growled from behind their group. Izuku looked back to see Dark Shadow had covered Tokoyami like a suit of dark armor. 

"Cool name, easy to say." Izuku was tense for the fight but his inner hero need was freaking out at how cool his classmates were. 

"Now Dark Shadow!" Tokoyami turned and the one arm wreathed by Dark Shadow's arm shot out. "Piercing Twilight Claws!" 

The arm stretched out with all the distance and strength Dark Shadow possessed during the sports festival. A girl was right in his path and for a second it looked like he'd ripped her in half. But suddenly her head popped out of the blue hero costume at her waist. She wiggled before she pulled the rest of her body out from inside herself. 

'Hmm, looks like all the students are still in a stalemate. Not a single one's passed yet.' Mera-San's tired voice came over the stadium's PA system. 'Oh, and don't worry students, I'll keep you updated every time lucky students move on to the next round.'

Izuku needed to figure out what their strategy was. Everyone was going to be focused on protecting their targets. It was going to be impossible to hit them by chance. Their powers didn't matter, they were going to have to pick well and break through their defenses.

It was like the preliminary stalk preceding a hunt. Testing weak spots, analyzing opponents, choosing prey. At any moment the fight would begin. Izuku's inner wolf stiffened and went crazy in predicting the sense of danger that just entered the air.

"Maximum Force: Tremoring Earth!" The ground shook and suddenly split apart as a quake cleaved the ground. He growled and sank claws into the rocks that shot him into the air.

"Deku!" Uraraka yelled.

'Come on, there should be at least one or two passed by now.' Mera-San's voice echoed over the stadium as Izuku swung himself down to the ground again. Narrowly avoiding the newly shaped earth. What kind of quirk was that?! 'Stop biding your time and get this over with. Huh? It's about time someone PASSED-WAH! What, there are 120 people taken down! A single person managed to do that in a single attack?!'

What on earth?!

'That actually surprised me so much that I'm awake!' Mera-San exclaimed. 'I assume we'll see a lot of people passing from now on. Everyone let's get this out of the way so I can take a break. Good? Good.'

Izuku shook himself and raked a hand through his hair. No one was around him now. This must have been what they were planning. He needed to find some of his classmates, and soon. One lone wolf against a rival pack screamed defeat and death.

These rivals had an entire years’ worth of training on them. That meant they had more experience, and time to make decisive in battle compared to Izuku's class. These were strong students from all over the country. He was actually getting excited about fighting against them. 

Izuku jerked back as his senses picked up on someone shooting up from the crevice beneath his feet. I His reaction wasn't fast enough to avoid the girl from sweeping up his body and vaulting over his shoulder. A ball bounced off of the sensor he'd put on that shoulder. 

"Tag, you're it." The girl landed behind him. "Not very smart, staring off into space. But, what's really weird is that you're in trouble and you're still smiling."

She unfolded from her crouch and tipped her hat back. He seen her earlier, she was a Shiketsu student. Her scent was weird, a number of things all mashed into one confusing mess. Copper, cherries, hairspray, and perfume.

"You couldn't be cooler." Damn, she set his teeth on edge. He was going to have to fight her. "In fights where a lot of one on one combat is expected, most people go after opponents they have a lot of Intel on. That's why I tracked you down. Because there's a good possibility that UA students were going to be ganged up on."

She lifted a finger to her lips and grinned widely at him. Izuku's wolf snarled in his mind. She was dangerous. "See I just couldn't miss the chance to interact with a prestigious school. And I've taken quite an interest in you." 

"You sure like to talk." Izuku saw she had a ball in one hand and lowered his center of gravity so he would be ready to dodge. He needed to be ready, she'd snuck up on him, Ketsubutsu could attack at any time too. 

Izuku frowned as he activated Full Cowl and dodged the rock she flung at him. He saw the ball flying in just after and jumped up into the air to avoid it. He landed ready to fight to keep from getting taken out. But she was gone, how did she move so fast?! 

"All I have to do is tap you with a ball and that makes two!" She appeared behind him aiming for the sensor in his hip. 

"No way!" He jumped back and selected one of the balls from his pouches. He slung his hand back to counter but as soon as his body made the rotation she was gone. 

"Ooh, you think my quirk lets me disappear?" Her voice came from behind him again and he twisted in terrified reflex. How was she doing that? He couldn't hear or smell her anymore; his sense of fear was his only radar for her. She lunged and forced him to the ground. His wolf went wild and urged him to transform. 

"That's not it, I was just hiding." She purred from just behind his ear. 

"It wasn't your power at work?" Izuku struggled against her hold on his wrist. 

"No, that's just a technique, I make my opponent's eyes and ears blind to my presence." She breathed into his hair. "To do that I hold my breath, clear my mind and disappear. It's simple. The hardest part is to clear my mind." 

"Wait you learned a technique like that at Shiketsu?!" Izuku questioned incredulously. 

"The trick is not to view your training as some kind of chore. I'm glad we're learning about each other." She giggled. "Now for my question, why exactly do you want to become a hero? For honor, pride, or someone else's sake? I wanna know your deepest desires, and what scares you." 

She leaned against her hold and hooked her chin on his shoulder. Right over his mating mark. Izuku's werewolf form exploded over him and he flung her off of his body the moment Full Cowl activated. He growled and shook himself, at that moment the ground rumbled between then and burst with what looked like webbing shooting from the hole.

Izuku saw more students had come over the rubble circling the area. Not good at all, he was heavily outnumbered, and one target down. He was trapped and now he was the target. The ground rumbled again, and he dodged as more webs burst free of the rock and soil. He kept dodging as balls were flung at him, then more web tendrils. He vaulted into a flip over some kind of contraption that looked like a snapping mouth. 

"Are you okay?!" Izuku twisted in his landing when he saw Uraraka. "Over here hurry!" 

Did she have a plan?! 

"Don't let them escape!" That was the quirk user who was using the web attacks. He and his group jumped into the air and blasted web at Uraraka. 

"Watch where you're shooting!" She yelled as she dodged. Izuku watched as she lost her footing and fell off of the rock formation she climbed to get here. That wasn't right, Uraraka had learned got to first herself 

At the summer training camp he' chosen to fight to save Kouta instead of forcing an escape. That cost him more than anything. His arms, his chance to save Kacchan. If Kacchan hadn't been taken then All Might wouldn't have had to fight All For One like he did. If Izuku had just been faster he could have gotten Kouta to Aizawa-Sensei and saved his arms entirely. 

Izuku shoved off of the ground and snatched Uraraka out of the air. That was when he knew, she was controlling it but he Horeb a way of that convoluted scent from before. This wasn't Uraraka. 

The moment he landed he knew they were going to target him. So he pivoted, dragging his leg against the ground to activate the soles Hatsume had given him. Designed for each of his bodies, it raked the ground with devastating force. The top of the sole clicked back into place. 

He took off when the mountain his attack had targeted started to crumble. It was an opportunity he wasn't going to pass up. Not when he had to protect his body and not fall into the same patterns. Until his body was ready even in wolf form, he wasn't going to use One For All at 100%.

'Well we finally had a 30th person pass.' Mera-San announced. Izuku been that focused he wasn't paying attention to how many openings there still were. 'Can't you kids speed this along? For me?'

Izuku found cover behind an overturned slab of rock and set the imposter down. He crouched and huffed out a great breath before he leaned over careful of his snout as he looked around. He let his wolf go a little, just to expand their senses. 

"Hey sorry, I kind of messed up back there huh?" She said. What were her intentions in impersonating his pack member?

"No, that's not true, you were outnumbered." Izuku said, he was going to have to play it cool. Even while his wolf snarled at him for letting this girl pretend she was their bubblegum and ozone smelling Delta. That cloying scent of copper, cherries, and various chemicals, burned his nose. 

His senses screamed and he twisted, an slapped the ball in her hands away from his hip. "Really? Did you think I couldn't tell?" 

"What?" She tilted her head. 

"Uraraka has been working on her quirk." Izuku snarled dangerously. She could use her quirk to make herself float now for short periods of time without getting sick. She didn't just fall off of things anymore. "You didn't even try to use her quirk the way I know she can. Not even when you were in danger. Even more suspicious, you exposed yourself without a plan. That's not like the Uraraka I know. So who are you? Stop wearing her face." 

"If you saved me, even though you knew I was a fake, does that mean you were trying to use me somehow?" The girl's body suddenly seemed to melt, the voice changing as well. 

"I didn't have that much time to think ahead. If so it again in a heartbeat." Izuku growled. He was going to be a hero, that meant even saving villains when they were in danger during a fight. Saving his opponent in the middle of this exam was a no brainer, regardless of her intent. "Because if you're not Uraraka, you couldn't have floated away back there. Falling from that height, you definitely would have injured yourself." 

"Oh, I see now." The gray blob of muck spoke before it poured into reforming the face of his first attacker, the Shiketsu girl. "So you're just that good of a guy huh? Please tell me more about yourself, everything." 

Ugh, why did that sound so overwhelmingly creepy. Was she flirting? He didn't have much experience with girls flirting with him. Most of the time they could tell he was gay. Blurting that out now wasn't a good idea. Maybe she was just trying to unsettle him, make him flustered with awkwardness so he would lose focus. He wasn't falling for it! 

"Does that mean you'll save anybody?" She asked as she began to reform the rest of her body. "Is there no boundary? Where do you draw the line?" 

Since boundaries and lines were definitely being crossed here! She didn't have any clothes on! "What happened to your clothes, you're basically naked!" 

"I get dressed when my mission's complete!" She lunged for him, one hand swiping at his muzzle. He jerked back but one of her nails still raked through his fur and across his cheek bone. Was she out of her mind?!

She landed and rebounded at him again. His mind went to big cats from his nature videos. Wide swipes and relentless pursuit. Suddenly long tendrils of tape separated them. It startled her but Izuku lifted his head to look up. 

"Sero!" Izuku growled in relief. 

"Midoriya! What's this enviable situation you're in?!" Sero demanded. He tilted his head, "Uraraka!" 

"Release!" His actual delta flipped into the air and high above the ground. Her fingers came together, and she hurtled down to attack the naked Shiketsu girl, only the naked girl dodged. 

The imposter flipped up onto a rock and bounced up to another where she sat down with her legs drawing up to her chin. "And here things were just getting good. Too bad, I really, really wanted to talk to you some more. But not with so many people around. What a bummer." She sighed before she looked down at Uraraka. "Uraraka Ochako, he really trusts you a lot you know."

She got up and jumped behind the rock formation she was sitting on. Sero threw out an arm, "Come back naked girl!" 

"Don't follow her!" Izuku warned. 

"And why not?!" Sero argued. 

"It might have just been her quirk, but she wasn't wearing her clothes or her targets." Izuku explained. "She might still come after us, but we don't have much time left. It'll be too hard to get a point off of her."

Not to mention she just creeped him out. She was really misunderstanding his relationship with Uraraka too. "Also," Izuku boggled at his friends, "You two are you right?" 

"What are you talking about?" Sero asked. Izuku shook his head and leaned in on Sero. Glue and curry spice, totally him. He checked Uraraka, bubblegum and ozone. Good. 

"Earlier, she turned into Uraraka's clone." Izuku explained. His Delta puffed up indignantly, and Sero promptly exploded. 

"Was she naked then too?!" Sero demanded as he reached up to Izuku's shoulders and tried to shake his werewolf bulk. "Huh, Midoriya?!" 

"That's what you're concerned about?!" Izuku exclaimed. "Of course not, she had a costume on! Not like I was looking anyways! I'm gay!" 

Izuku shook him off feeling totally ruffled. He scored around with sight and led then a little bit away to a good cover spot. 

"So that hotties quirk is to transform into other people, weird." Sero sighed dreamily as they slipped into the space between two large slabs of boulders. Izuku released his werewolf body and transformed back into a human. 

"I think so." Izuku scoffed, he was just glad she hadn't turned into Kacchan. He might have gone mad with the insult.

"We can't underestimate how much those other schools have learned about us. They even knew you and Uraraka are really good friends." Sero snapped back into the game and Izuku was glad.

"Probably because we were on the same cavalry battle team during the sorts festival. " Izuku theorized. That was the only time they'd been seen together in public. At least no one knew who was and wasn't in his pack. It that he even had one. 

"That must be why." Uraraka frowned as well.

"Anyways, how did you guys find me? That was perfect timing." Izuku asked with genuine gratitude. 

"I just saw a fight and rushed over to help." Sero answered and waved his hand. "We ran into each other along the way."

"I'm glad we got to help." Uraraka lifted her fists in excitement.

"Yeah me too." Izuku smiled at both of them.

"Okay, so we're a trio for now," Uraraka said and looked out of their cover area. "What now?"

"I wish we could meet up with the rest of our class." Sero sighed. "We'd be way safer in numbers."

"That's true," Izuku wanted the safety of numbers himself. But he couldn't let the wolf's anxiety rule him. Their situation wouldn't allow them to run around looking for pack. "But thirty people have already passed this test so far. We've gotta hurry. If we gonna pass we need to earn some points."

'Let's see, where are we at now? Things are moving much more quickly. Looks like 52, make that 53, have passed.' Mera-San announced cutting their planning off. 'And looking on the other side of things, it seems 230 examinees have failed. Less than half the spots are open. Now's the time to move. Don't dally kids.' 

 Izuku cursed in a way his mate would. Their window to pass was narrowing further each minute that passed. They needed a plan, now. 

*

Notes:

She's anyone rude love Mera. Like I've seen Fandom jokes about the emo squad of UA. But I'm thinking there should be the I'm too tired to function group.

President - Mera
Members- Aizawa
Shinsou
More to be discovered lol

Chapter 63: Class 1-A

Summary:

Katsuki has his own encounter with Shiketsu High

Chapter Text

'So far 56 people have passed. Don' t panic but do consider that your time is almost up. Good luck.' 

"Hey Kaminari, why'd you follow us?" Kirishima asked as Dunce Face followed behind them. They climbed a long-caged ladder up towards the giant bridge terrain. Katsuki gritted his teeth as he focused on the area above him, coming out was going to be risky. But he wanted a fight.  

"Oh, I don't know," Dunce Face said. "You guys started running, I didn't want to end up alone. Where are we going anyways?" 

"Shut up!" Katsuki snarled, constant chatter was going to get them fucking noticed before he was ready to defend himself. If he got taken out on this emergency ladder he was going to be pissed. 

"Why do you always have to come off so mad?!" Dunce Face whined. 

"I told you to chill out, Bakugou," Kirishima sighed, "Looked like there was a lot of people up there, so the three of us should work together." 

"Go die," Katsuki growled.

That wasn't what he wanted to do. He didn't really know what he wanted at all for that matter. He just knew he wasn't being a very good Alpha at the moment, and as such he shouldn't have pack members at his side right now. He needed to prove himself, he'd been nothing but a liability ever since the damn summer camp. How could he prove himself like this?

"Come on man, what I wouldn't give for Midoriya to magically mellow you out." Kirishima huffed. Katsuki really didn't, because that would require a lot of sex to make up for the time he'd stayed away. He wasn't ready to talk to his boyfriend yet. 

A moment passed as Katsuki hauled himself up out of the caged ladder and walked a few feet away. He heard the other two climb up but as he was looking around he was suddenly shoved from behind. "Look out!"

Katsuki stumbled and turned to see his red-haired pack mate had been swept up into the air by some kind of fleshy looking blob. Dunce Face looked up in shock, "Kirishima!" 

"What's...going...on?!" Kirishima garbled. 

Katsuki watched his beta struggle as the fleshy thing wrapped around him. He floated in the air and his voice cut off. He floated over to land in the hand of some asshole facing them. What set Katsuki's hair on end was how the fleshy blob became Kirishima. Bits of hair and costume poked out of the flesh. Eyes and teeth were embedded in random places. Fingers stretched from the blob itself. 

What the fuck was that?!

"What the hell?!" Dunce Face exclaimed. "Did that really just happen?" 

"All I know is, that bastard looks like he's to blame." Katsuki looked ahead and his eyes widened, and a dark smile spread over his lips. "You just fucked up asshole, I'll kill you." 

He might have wanted a fight, might have needed the validation that he was still capable. But Kirishima had still followed him, had been a good Beta to his surly shit attitude. Saved him from another attack against him. Looking at the bastard who had turned his Beta into a mound of flesh...he was going to make that bastard pay. 

"I'm from Shiketsu," The asshole holding the blob that had become of his beta addressed them. "Please notice, my school keeps our hats on while were working. Why is that? Because, each and every one of our movements, is crowned by the honor and legacy of our school." 

Katsuki didn’t give a fuck about school pride. The school only held on for three years, then it was up to them as individuals to make their careers work. Katsuki gritted his teeth and his fists clenched when Kirishima was unceremoniously dropped. There were other blobs on the ground, but he only cared about that one. Dropped like he was garbage.

This bastard!

"This is a demonstration, proof of the difference in level between my peers and your vulgar class." Katsuki didn't like the way this Nazi looking knock off had raked a sneer at him. Like he was trash. "We value obligation and dignity. Things that appear to be sorely lacking among you." 

Katsuki felt his blood boil but his demeanor fell into a calm expression. It felt like the quiet before the storm. He arched his head back and smirked in the most condescending way he was capable of. "I really hate your type." 

"He's hard to follow." Dunce Face said from behind him. Katsuki figured he didn't have to worry; this guy was probably going to try and monologue his way to victory too. All while telling Katsuki how violent he was. Judgy pricks like this didn't know shit about anything. How did he expect to be a hero like that? "He makes me feel kinda dumb, what did he say?" 

"He said his beady eyes are too small so he can't see how strong his opponents are." Katsuki growled with a smirk quirking his lips 

"My eyes are long and handsome thank you!" This Shiketsu fuck exclaimed, weak willed too. If he was worth his salt he'd have brushed Katsuki off. What an amateur. 

"Hey, maybe don't provoke this guy. Look what he did to Kirishima." Dunce Face hissed at Katsuki. He knew that, he was going to fuck this piece of shit up for it too. 

"UA High, I have respect for your school. I take pride in the fact that our institutions are treated as equals." Katsuki's opponent spoke as he bent his knees and something that looked like fingers appeared from behind him. "But your class is shameful. You act in ways that disgrace heroes." 

"He's attacking again! I don't wanna be gross!" Dunce Face whined. 

"Shut up!" Katsuki ordered. "Obligation? Dignity? You just like to hear yourself talk. I don't see any proof. Show us with your actions, not your cheap words. If you can." 

"Beast, you're worst of all, Bakugou!" The finger looking blobs shot out at him and he planted his feet. He lifted his hand in a loose circle to his other palm. He grinned darkly and shot out a series of short explosions. A new way to use his AP Shot. Each one was a highly concentrated blast that, while small, still detonated on impact. The weird flesh blobs exploded, and the force of the impact knocked the Shiketsu asshole back. 

 


 

'More examinees have passed, were at 60 people now. That means there are 40 spots left.' Mera-san's voice spoke above again. 

"We're running out of time." Sero whispered as Izuku closed his eyes and felt Todoroki through the open bond between them. He'd been fighting, but it was over quickly. He'd passed most likely. Izuku knew he didn't have to worry about his beta so much. But he was still a bit on edge. 

Iida's bond was quiet, closed off. So he might be fighting but Izuku couldn't tell. He'd have to check in again later. Izuku ignored the one for All Might and turned instead to the tentative one that had bloomed through connection to Tokoyami, still fuzzy, untouched. He'd never tried to bridge a connection to Tokoyami before, so it was strange that he could feel someone connected to him, as if already pack.

Izuku focused on it and reached out just a touch, enough to feel without distraction. It was Shoji, and he was feeling some kind of rush of emotion. Izuku recognized it as the one he'd felt when he had to choose between his Lambda and his mate. There had been no contest, Izuku had chosen both as any Alpha would do. Izuku pulled back and left the connections silent and fuzzed. It wasn't his place to comment on what was clearly a true mating bond. He wondered if Tokoyami or Shoji even knew. 

This was Izuku's first time feeling such a bond outside of his own. And it was interesting to see it. He wondered if there were others, the only other one was linked to Aizawa-Sensei. While his pack bond to the Zeta was fuzzy and dark, the mating bond between his teacher and... Present Mic... was bright and whole. Izuku smiled when he felt the healthy strong mating bond between the two. No one else had bonds like that. 

Maybe it was just from connections Izuku had forged. Pack connections that were still fledglings in the knot that would be pack. Izuku brushed soothingly up against a volatile spike of anger that breached the wall to Izuku's own mating bond. Kacchan was definitely fighting. Izuku opened his eyes, it was time to focus now that the bonds were silent once more. 

"This is bad, what do we do?" Sero hissed. 

"Yeah, I knew we would be in trouble if we got split up," Izuku sighed he waves to his head vaguely, "I can tell that Todoroki, Shoji, and a few others have passed. We can probably do something about the group that's near us though. We can maybe get a few points off of then." 

There was no sense in running off after their classmates at this point. They were going to have to fight as they were. Pass as a trio, as Uraraka had called them. 

"huh, really? What are you thinkin'?" Sero asked eagerly. 

"Earlier someone tried to outpace his classmates, Izuku explained what he had seen when Uraraka's imposter had been attacked and fell off the cliff. "He was panicked that he wouldn't get enough points in. Since his class attacked as a group, they'd definitely end up fighting amongst each other for targets." 

"Oh, if people get worried they'll break away from their classmates, they'll be at a big disadvantage." Uraraka followed his thought line and he nodded to her. 

"Wait, then why were you saying we should all stick together? We'd be in the same boat." Sero questioned. 

"Well to begin with, we were told to hit weak points with balls, so it's easy to think of this as target practice." Izuku punched his fist into his hand in emphasis, "But without knowing our opponents quirks we're basically going in blind. It's not easy to go after moving targets because they'd be protected. If I was alone, it would be like splitting a deer off from a herd for me to attack. I wanted to trap enough targets in one area so that we could all pass. We would only use our balls after they couldn't move any more. Among our class we have a lot of students who excel at restraining groups. I kinda thought it wouldn't be any trouble." 

As with all things, plans usually fell apart immediately. Todoroki took off, so did his mate, Kirishima, and Kaminari. They might have still been able to swing it if they hadn't been all swept away. Oh well, it was a good plan for the moment. 

"I see, it's true that if we were just doing target practice they'd only be able to tell if we were a good shot or not. They could pick off those that couldn't retaliate." Sero was following, that was good. "There's more to this test than I originally realized." 

That was why Izuku was glad his analytical mind, and his wolf's tactical hunting prowess were so compatible. It let him see so many sides to how he wanted to act, how he needed to adapt. 

"Shh, listen you guys." Uraraka cut in and they all quieted. "Does it sound like they're getting closer?" 

He focused and his hearing expanded, he could hear the scuff of multiple pairs of boots. They were finally approaching this outcropping to search. Izuku growled, they were going to have to create a plan now. 

"What should we do?" Sero asked. 

"I'll go after them," Izuku said and knew he was making the right call. "I'll be the decoy so you two can move. Be on the lookout for openings that will allow you to immobilize people to get you some points. Your quirks are better at that than mine. I'd have to get far too physical to restrain them." 

"A decoy-..." Sero mumbled in thought. "There's three of us so we'd need...six people?" 

"Roger," Uraraka nodded, she got up and looked at the other teen. "Sero, let's do it." 

"Okay fine," Sero grumbled and rubbed the back of his neck beneath his helmet. Izuku rolled his feet out behind him and willed his body into his wolf form. His sensors were still fairly visible and fairly hidden at the same time. He was going to have to be fast. 

Izuku's ears swiveled out to search for where the enemies were. He needed to draw them away and guide them into his teammates. Usually wolves let their prey come to them. But sometimes, it was easy to spook the herd into moving to where they wanted. He was going to have to employ those methods to give his two teammates openings. 

Izuku lunged out of cover and his paws tore up the ground as he streaked right into the middle of their attackers. He was so fast with Full Cowl activated that they were helpless to do anything but start to throw the balls between massive attacks with quirks. It was just like herding deer. 

He needed to draw them in closer, his wolf form was an easy looking target. Someone jumped out of cover ahead of him and his senses went wild. He jumped into the air high over the sudden ambush. He flicked his paws out and angled his body to avoid the barrage sent at him through the air. 

Izuku landed and looked back to see long tendrils of tape lashing out at some of the attackers. Others were floating as Uraraka rushed through them. They were totally unsuspecting of her attacking them. A massive contraption shot out of the ground and Izuku morphed midair into his werewolf body. He slung his leg out and kicked it with his new Shoot Style.  

 


 

"Want some gum?" Ms. Joke asked, most likely trying to lighten the mood she'd caused by letting her bias get the best of her before. 

"It's a finger trap isn’t it?" Shouta growled, he wasn’t really in the mood to engage her. He hadn't been in the mood the entire time they'd been here in the first place. He wanted to watch his students pass and go back to the dorms. He wanted to trade off with a coworker in looking after his class and wrap himself around his mate for a few hours. But so far, he had no clue which of his students had passed yet. "I hate this, it's frustrating that we can't tell who passes and fails in real time." 

"And now Shindo made it worse by splitting the ground open. Now it's hard to see anything." She said as she ate a piece of gum. It was a trick, eat one to get him interested then offer the trap. No way. "Oh, wait Eraser! Are you actually worried?!" 

"There's something I realized after watching my students in school and in the field." He sighed, "They might not have realized it themselves. But in Class 1-A there are two students whose spirits have a big impact. They're not the leaders in most exercises, they aren't even the most popular, and sometimes they don't even get along. Sometimes they seem like polar opposites, and sometimes they seem like they could team up to be invincible. However before I knew it, their passion for this had spread to their peers." 

He tossed his head back and despite how stern he was, how strict his views, his teaching methods; his kids had persevered. They strove to prove they had the potential to go forward. They would change the world one day. These two especially. "I'm not worried Joke. I can't wait to see what those two will do. Even if they aren't with the others, their presence raises the standard for the entire class." 

"You've fallen for them hard." She said with a bit of a frown while she blew a bubble with her gum. "It's kinda gross." 

"I'm honored to have them as students." He said seriously, his wolf almost purred in his mind. "My class 1-A."  

*

Chapter 64: RUSH!

Summary:

The first part of the Licensing Exam comes to a close

Notes:

Thanks for the comments as always guys. ;3

I didnt cover it because he's not the main character, but Iida was super cool this episode and this chair of the manga. And I still have no clue what to think about Aoyama, but lol I love the English and Japanese VA for him. So fitting in either tone.

Chapter Text

'Let's see, the 67th person has passed the exam. Another 38 and it'll finally be over.' 

Katsuki smirked as he watched his AP Shot: Auto Cannon decimate his enemy's offensive attack. Katsuki spoke to Dunce Face who was freaking out, "I had to make a weak version, so I didn't kill anyone." 

"You know what, this is why everyone is terrified of you. You're way too hardcore." Dunce Face exclaimed from behind him. 

Katsuki didn't really care if everyone was afraid of him. They could cower all they wanted; he was going to be the hero that showed everyone else up. No one else was going to have to do a thing, because he'd be there. 

Katsuki glared at the Shiketsu fuck across the bridge. Seemed that attack came from his actual flesh. Bits of it were reforming his arms. Damn that was gross.

"So those nasty finger things just float back to him?" Dunce Face questioned incredulously. 

"I see now, I'll teach you a lesson by breaking you!" The Shiketsu bastard flung his arms forward, as half formed as they were, and globs of that disgusting flesh flew at them. "I'll show you what it means to be dignified and behave like a hero!" 

"What is up with this disgusting dude?!" Dunce Face whined. 

"He thinks he's better than us." Katsuki growled as his fury burned in his chest. Katsuki lowered his center of gravity and darted towards his enemy. "But I bet he'll shut up if I blow him to pieces!"

"Hey, don't forget that weren’t in the middle of a test!" Dunce Face shouted. 

"That's exactly why I'll kill the guy!" Katsuki yelled back, he'd already fucked up after all.

Katsuki might not be a good pack member at the moment, but that didn't diminish the fact that Kirishima was his Beta. Taking and messing his Beta up, that was a grave offense. Not to mention, this asshole was looking down on Katsuki. Unforgiveable on all fronts. 

"Absurd!" The other student objected, and his fleshy attack reformed into fingers as they rushed at him. Katsuki pointed his AP Shot's blasts at each one to destroy them as they attacked. But they just broke apart and continued coming at him. A particularly determined blob looking finger rushed him and he had to use an actual explosion. 

"Let's just get this fight over with!" Dunce Face exclaimed. Katsuki watched the armless weirdo dodge two disks that embedded in the metal walls that lined the bridge. What the fuck kind of attack was that again? He'd seen it in training. 

"You should work on your aim." The asshole threw at Katsuki's classmate. 

"U-Uh, crap." Dunce Face hissed. 

"And your look, maybe I can make you something more appealing." 

"Enough talk!" Katsuki yelled. He readied another attack and aimed where his next shot was going to go. "Die!" 

The blasts bloomed out like heat seeking missiles. They hit that weirdo in a rush of heat and force. He gritted his teeth when he saw the fucking asshole just used his flesh shit to protect him. It rolled away to show he was fucking untouched. Son of a bitch!

"You left yourself open!" The Shiketsu bastard yelled snidely. 

"What the-?!" Katsuki felt something grab him by the shoulders. His mating mark burned all of a sudden, even beneath his clothing. What the fuck was that?! 

"You weren't paying attention." The bastard said calmly. "I had a piece of flesh sneak beneath us. You saw, earlier with Kirishima. Once I touch you, you're my plaything." 

He was no one's plaything but Deku's. Katsuki struggled when he saw what held him was forming into two massive fingers. He fought and his mating mark burned with fury, what the fuck was this shit? It was so fucking nasty. 

"Bakugou!" Dunce Face yelled. Shit it was closing in on his face. He was going to have to use this electric idiot. Katsuki figured he could use another member of his part of the pack. If Dunce Face made it through, he might as well be. 

"Hey, Idiot! Catch this!" Katsuki hurled a grenade at Dunce face as the fleshy shit swallowed his top half.

This was fucking weird! He could feel it sapping him off his being, consuming him as it went. He didn't like it one bit, his mating mark was on fire like it knew something was wrong. He walled his mind off thicker, and heavier than ever. Deku could not know this happened. Katsuki's werewolf would rampage in the middle of this whole fucking arena. 

"Pathetic, you must be remade from scratch." Goddamn this asshole. Katsuki felt nothing as he hit the ground, staring up into two different directions was fucking disorienting. Worse than that he felt nothing from his body. It was terrifying, infuriating, and just fucking wrong. 

"No way!" Dunce Face hissed from somewhere above him. It was so damn hard to focus. 

"This is a demonstration; the test has an unusually low passing rate. At first this seemed counter intuitive, considering n our current world. With All Might retired, wouldn’t it make more sense to flood the streets with heroes?" Shit, he was going to monologue at them. He really did like to hear himself talk. "And so I must assume their goal is to weed out the riffraff. We can surmise that they are becoming more selective in order to bring the profession of hero to a higher level. I agreed with this line of thinking and decided to thin the herd myself." 

"You're ignoring the test because you think you're superior?!" Dunce Face reeled from that revelation and looked forward in irritation. "What are you a crazy person?!" 

"I'm simply separating the mediocre and the extraordinary." That shitty voice carried through the air. Katsuki couldn't move or see him at all. "Oh, by the way, your comrades still feel pain. Your untamed electricity will torture your friends if you use it." 

"Ugh, you've done nothing but hurl insults at us this entire time." Dunce Face scoffed. "I'm kinda starting to take it personally ya know?!" 

"Perhaps you are more self-aware than I thought." That asshole sneered at Dunce Face; his shitty fucking tone grated on Katsuki's muffled hearing. "I'd take time to reflect, on your failure!" 

A slew of flesh flew over Katsuki's tunneled vision on one side. Suddenly an explosion rocked the ground. Damn, it was good Dunce Face wasn't a complete idiot in the field. He'd do. 

"Those ugly ass gauntlets of his aren't just a fashion statement!" Dunce Face shouted, Katsuki took it back. He was a total piece of electric shit. "He can use that gear along with his nitro sweat to create simple grenades!" 

"That's it, he tossed it to you!" 

"By the way big shot, you stumbled into a really killer spot!" Dunce Face sneered. Katsuki heard the crackle of electricity and a ragged scream from their enemy. "Listen up, Bakugou may seem like a jerk on the surface. But he's actually trying really hard to be a pro hero. He threw that grenade to me while being attacked. That was the result of calm judgement and planning!" 

Katsuki noticed something was changing with his body. He could feel whatever this bastard's quirk was, fading from him. So it's hold on his body began to release him. He struggled and fought to claw himself out of the shitty ball of flesh he'd become. This asshole fucked up again. 

"And Kirishima is such a good dude, that he’d rush into enemy territory for his friends. Even though it was a stupid thing to do." Dunce Face- no Kaminari- growled from where he held his position now that Katsuki could see him. "You only know bits and pieces about these guys. Don't insult what you don't know!" 

"I'll teach you to be more aware of your place, you degenerate!" Their enemy screamed.

Katsuki shifted as he gained his feet and watched his Beta shuffled forward. Kirishima punched that Shiketsu fuck straight in the gut. Using his arms for his quirk was pretty fucking stupid, he had nothing to guard with now. As soon as he started to fly back from his Beta's punch, Katsuki stepped in and ignited an explosion that knocked him out instantly. 

"The more damage he takes the more people he releases." Kirishima hissed. 

"No wonder he only used long range attacks." Katsuki snorted. 

"Thanks for the save Kaminari!" Kirishima looked at their blond companion with a sharp grin. 

"You idiot, what took so long!" Katsuki roared. He wasn't going to forget the shit said about him. Oh no, he might have been a shitty blob of flesh, but he was still a fucking Alpha of their damn class! 

"Why are you so mean!" Kaminari whined. "No one is gonna like you if you act that way! Maybe Midoriya but- whoa look behind you! Those flesh balls are waking up!" 

Katsuki turned and saw all the other blobs of bodies were returned to their original forms. Katsuki licked his lips with a smirk that matched his Beta's intense concentrated look. "We've got targets." 

Working in unison Katsuki was able to cover one whole side in explosions that set up a wall of fire. Kaminari pointed his finger and managed to use his quirk without taking Katsuki and Kirishima out like an asshole, progress. Kirishima was peppering enemies from the other side with the banks given out.

Was this what Deku meant when he said he'd felt something when he fought with Glasses and IcyHot? Katsuki wasn't feeling some kind of psychic connection, but it still felt nice to have them watching his back. 

 


 

'Currently, 70 people have passed. 30 more and we'll be done.' 

Izuku landed on his feet and turned his werewolf head to check around him. Sero had landed at the end of his reach with his tape.

"Faster Sero!" Izuku growled, urging his class mate as they ran from their attackers. 

"Midoriya, carry me and jump!" Sero yelled and Izuku shot him a puzzled look. "Just do it!" 

Izuku shifted and his long-clawed hands shot out to haul his teammate up. He used the same movement to drop down into a deep crouch. His legs shot them high into the air. Sero looked back over Izuku's shoulder. "You're up Uraraka!"  

Izuku saw a huge series of boulders floating attached to Sero's tape. Izuku smirked around his sharp teeth as they slammed down like massive weights that trapped everyone the tape touched. They landed and Izuku set his cargo down. Sero immediately taped up the only one who hadn't been netted. "I gave some tape to Uraraka and had her set some snares for us." 

"I said to get as many as possible, but this is nuts! Way to distract them with the first rush, she really used their attacks against them didn't she?" Izuku wanted to chuckle but they still had work to do. 

"In order to not crush anyone with the debris, I hid and waited for the perfect timing! Thanks for all your hard work!" Uraraka ran over with a bright grin. 

'Looks like 76 have passed at this point, we'll be at capacity soon.' Mera-San announced and Izuku gasped. 

"We don't have much time left, and I'm sure others will come for us soon." Sero said as he lifted a ball. "Let's take them out." 

"You guys are first years right?" One of the captives whined as he grabbed at the tape. "Come on, can't you take it easy on us, we have to earn our provisional licenses this time around!" 

Izuku growled at the other examinee. Go easy just because they asked for it? Izuku had to pass this exam. He needed to prove to his mother, to All Might that he was capable. That he was not wasting his chances, languishing with the big quirk given to him. Izuku had to prove to the world that he was strong, that his werewolf quirk wasn't dangerous. He was also going to use this chance to gather his courage up and make Kacchan talk to him about what was bothering him. 

"Sorry, but so do I." Izuku growled and pressed his own ball to the trapped examinee's sensors. Within moments he and his team mates had turned their own sensors blue and they passed. 

'That's 79 people, everyone's moving at an exhausted pace now.' 

"Well that was fast." Sero remarked. Iuzku nodded, it was only because they worked together. Like a pack should. 

'Students who have passed should congregate in the ante room, chop chop!' The sensor on Izuku's chest spoke as he settled back to human form. Izuku wondered if the others were already there, he hoped they were.  

 


 

'Oh, 3 more, one after the other. Our total is 82, only 18 more left to pass the test.' 

Katsuki watched around them as they walked to the appointed room for passed examinees.

"Woah, this arena is going insane," Kirishima marveled. 

"Hey look some of our classmates!" Kaminari pointed and Katsuki turned his gaze to see Deku walking with Round Face and Tape Arms. Part of him wished his werewolf would run over to him, excited that Katsuki had passed. Fuck his life, Katsuki was feeling deprived.  "Aww Yeah! Class A represent!" 

"Oh, you know it!" Round Face cheered as she saw them. "Our class amazing we did it!" 

Katsuki snorted as his two idiots joined Deku's two idiots to dance and cheer themselves on. He turned his attention to his boyfriend. No more silence, " So you passed to Deku?" 

"Kacchan, hey!" Deku brightened instantly as Katsuki sidled up to him. Suddenly he couldn't hold it in anymore, he needed to get some of this shit out before it poisoned him further. He was pissed off that Deku had lied to him. But how the fuck was Deku supposed to know what was going on with him if he didn't say anything?!

"Guess I shouldn't be surprised with that quirk you got." Katsuki snarled and looked down into bright green eyes that darkened and widened with fear. "Guess you really made that borrowed power your own like with Lycans huh?" 

He glared and his mind opened up, he wanted his mate to know he didn't appreciate being given half-truths. The thing that spurred on their entire physical relationship, was built on a half lie. Which was bullshit! Deku knew better than to do that shit to him. So yeah, Katsuki was pissed. Bottling it up wasn’t helping him, so getting it out there, that was the ticket. 

Katsuki felt worried fear enter his boyfriend's mind and sneered down at him. Katsuki had said his peace, so he turned and stalked off. It still felt painful and angry inside him. Let Deku figure this shit out on his own now too. Katsuki would finish this test, then see where they were. He expected a good fucking apology for this shit he'd been dealing with because of the damn nerd. 

 


 

Izuku chewed on his bottom lip as he entered the waiting room where the passed examinees were gathered. He watched his mate as he joined Kirishima and Kaminari where they were speaking to Yaoyorozu.

Everyone was relieved to see each other, and he was too. But his mind was stuck on his mate. So Kacchan knew about One For All now. Izuku should have figured, he'd dropped a huge hint the day after their first real fight with quirks. Kacchan was too smart, and with All Might's identity revealed he couldn't even be shocked that Kacchan had put two and two together.

His mind had been buzzing with betrayal, anger, and smug satisfaction when Izuku had paled with fear in the face of his one lie between them. Like Kacchan was telling him, 'Yeah, I know you lied, and I'm so fucking pissed about it!'

Izuku had known Kacchan was angry about something, working through it on his own. Izuku had foolishly thought it was about the kidnapping, having to be rescued, even watching All Might retire and reveal himself to the world. It was more than that, and Izuku should have sought his mate out the moment he'd returned home. Now he'd fucked up royally and he had no idea what to do to fix it. 

It wasn't damaged irreparably though, Kacchan had gotten jealous over Hatsume earlier in the week. They were very much still mates, that wouldn't change. And Izuku was sure his mate still loved him. Izuku would just have to take his consequences for lying. Just as he had from the class.

"Looks like only eleven from our class have passed." Todoroki approached Izuku as if he could sense the Alpha's racing mind. He latched onto the distraction, he needed to focus on this test. He could figure out what to do about Kacchan later. 

"So nine more to go." Izuku sighed. 

"And the announcements said only eighteen spots were left." Yaoyorozu walked over to them. Izuku turned his mind inward, reaching out to Iida and feeling his determination and frantic energy. Izuku hoped they could do it.

A flurry of announcements went off suddenly, almost too fast to keep up with. Izuku's eyes widened when Mera-San congratulated UA on a well-executed combo attack. So those rapid passes, were their classmates?!

'The last students pass! Every spot is now filled! 100 students pass, the end is finally here!' Mera-San exclaimed. 

"Yahoo!" Kirishima and Kaminari exclaimed across the room near where Kacchan sat. 

"Our entire class passed the test, I'm so excited!" Uraraka yelled. 

"Aw man, I am so proud of us!" Sero cheered. 

"Ribbit ribbit!" Asui joined in. 

Izuku let out a heavy sigh in relief, "You really pulled it off you guys."

"Yeah," Shoji said proudly from behind Izuku as they all turned to the doors to see their classmates coming through as one. 

 


 

"They just had to keep me on the edge of my seat didn't they?" Shouta growled as he looked down at the arena as his students passed through to the waiting room. He glared while his wolf stirred restlessly like a mother hen. "We're training so hard when we get back." 

"Oh, come on, you're happy aren’t you?" Ms. Joke laughed sharply and winked at him. 

"Furious." He corrected. 

"Then what's that sparkle in your eye?" She teased. 

"Annoyance," He snarled, and she just started to laugh like he wouldn't just wrap her up and leave her in a broom closet. He'd done that before; he'd do it again.

His wolf just snorted deep in his mind as if it were amused. It wanted him to seek out their pups and make sure they were all accounted for. He roughly reminded it they were not a den mother. No matter what his teaching position was. Wryly, his wolf just seemed to turn its nose up at him like it didn't believe him. 

Yeah, he was going to terrorize his whole class when they got back.

 


 

'Unfortunately, those of you who did not pass have failed the Licensing exam. Please leave the test area immediately.' 

The whole class had gathered together and Izuku relaxed a bit, setting his worry about Kacchan aside was easier this way. He focused on eating to appease his wolf for all of its work and refreshed himself. 

'Oh, right for the hundred of you who passed, please turn your attention to the screen.' 

Izuku looked up as a hologram screen opened up on the wall. "It's the test arena." 

"I wonder what's next." Uraraka remarked. Suddenly, to everyone's shock, explosions went off all over the arena. Damaging the city, the mountains, the bridge, and even the forest area. 

"Wait, does that mean-?" Izuku trailed off as Mera-San spoke again. 

'There's only one more round to the exam. Your goal is simple, undertake rescue exercises, and save the bystanders trapped in this disaster site.' 

"A rescue mission." Izuku breathed. 

*

Chapter 65: Rescue Exercises

Summary:

Izuku participates in the second part of the Licensing Exam

Notes:

Thank you for the comments everyone as always they make me smile ;3

I just realized were almost at 70 chapters. That's insane. =0.0=

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

'Use this time to show us how you will carry out successful rescue procedures once you receive your provisional licenses. Treat this as though it were the real thing.' 

Izuku saw in his mind the video of All Might rescuing civilians from a disaster zone he was at. And then he saw something his wolf had in Kamino Ward. Uwabami, if he was remembering right, leading the effort to find people in the rubble.

 "Rescuing." Izuku breathed. 

"Look at the screen." Shoji drew everyone's attention and Izuku looked further in the footage to see people moving through the rubble. 

"Wah, little kids and old people?!" Sato exclaimed. 

"That's so dangerous, why are they here?!" Mineta shrieked. 

'These specialists have been trained as professional persons-in-need-of-rescue. They're very popular. Introducing the Help Us Company. Also known as HUC for short.' 

Izuku boggled at that, a group of civilians acting as people in need of rescue? Were they going to be graded on the number of people rescued? All Might save a lot of people in the video Izuku frequented the most. 

'The HUC members have dressed up like injured victims and are located throughout the disaster site. We'll be judging how well you keep them safe while you go about your mission.' Mera-San explained. 'Oh, by the way, we'll be scoring you on a point system. If you have more points than the benchmark by the end of the exercise you pass the exam. You have ten minutes, take care of any preparations now.' 

"This looks familiar," Iida said as he joined Izuku and looked at the screen. 

"It's like Kamino ward." Izuku nodded, "I wonder if they based it off that?" 

"It’s true that the two situations are similar, the only difference is that our only goal was to rescue Bakugou." Iida said gravely. "We let the pros handle search and recovery. If you recall, there were many casualties." 

Izuku gritted his teeth as he filtered through the memories of the destruction and ruin he'd leaped over before his wolf took over. This time they could intervene, this time they could do what they were meant to do. His nose and hearing were going to be an asset here. He was not going to fail this. 

 


 

"MIDORIYA!" The scream of his classmates drew Izuku out of the place in his mind where he was getting his wolf to work with him as closely as they could. He threw his arms up instinctively as Kaminari and Mineta barreled into him. 

"What were you doing while the rest of us were just trying to stay alive, you bastard?!" Mineta screamed up at him. 

"Is this entire test some kind of joke to you?!" Kaminari demanded. 

"Guys, cool it, what's going on?!" Izuku ducked the hand grabbing at his head and tried not to bare his teeth and growl. But the urge was there for sure. 

"Don't play stupid with us, what kind of devious things were you doing with that uber hottie!" Mineta whipped around to point at where the Shiketsu girl who had attacked him stood. She looked over with a perturbed look. Them her face smoothed into something flirtatious and she waved. "The casual greeting between a man and woman whose sexual relationship has advanced several paces!" 

"How Plus Ultra did you end up going with her?!" Kaminari brandished a fist and Izuku shook them off with a growl. 

"Now I get it, Sero talked. Whatever he told you is wrong, it's a side effect of her quirk." Izuku bared his teeth as he took a step back to square his shoulders. "I had no idea what was happening and almost failed the test. But nothing happened, it's not like that." 

"Did you see her naked?!" Kaminari demanded still looking way too worked up. 

"Well...sort of," Izuku's stomach roiled in a bit of disgust over the whole thing. Sure human bodies were human bodies, it just wasn't like he found her appealing to him. Not to say she wasn't attractive; he just wasn't attracted to women. 

"Don't you lie to us." Mineta growled at him. 

"Why is she still waving at you?!" Kaminari roared and grabbed for Izuku's suit. 

"Give me details Midoriya, I beg you!" Mineta yelled as they shook him. 

Izuku felt the heat of his mate's glare on his back and stiffened Olmos. He looked over to see Kacchan had fixed his crimson eyes on him with warning. Izuku knew what that look meant, they might be fighting but they were still mates. Izuku knew that better than even Kacchan did. It really didn't matter how many girls paraded around him naked, he was still very much gay. Gay for Kacchan and bonded eternally to prove it. 

"Oh hey, it's Shiketsu." Kirishima's voice cut through the flurry the two teens had roused.  

A large bundle of what looked like hair walked up with his Shiketsu classmates behind him. "Bakugou." 

"What?" Kacchan directed his attention to the Shiketsu student with all the ire Izuku had felt directed at him. 

"I think you met Shishikura in the test. My classmate with the flesh molding quirk." The hair teen said. 

"Yeah, I took him out." Kacchan groused. 

"I thought so." The Shiketsu student said and brandished what looked like an arm. "I'm guessing he was acting rudely or may have offended you. He tends to act rashly and push his own values onto others. He probably couldn't help it considering you're so famous. I apologize for him. I'd like to build a good relationship between our schools." 

Izuku was impressed. This was very much in line with how their pack worked. Izuku on the wolf side and Kacchan on the human. He was very impressed that another school was seeking good reasons with Kacchan at all. 

"Anyway, that's it." The Shiketsu leader turned and led his group off. 

"Hey, you with the collar." Todoroki called from where he was getting ready as well. "Did I... offend you somehow?" 

Izuku frowned, what had happened while they were all split up? Had his Beta fought with that Inasa student?

"Oh no, did I hurt your feelings? Well the thing is, son of Endeavor, I just can't help but hate both of you." Inasa looked down at Todoroki and Izuku's wolf snarled in a snap of defensive anger for his Beta. "You've changed a little bit since the last time our paths crossed. But you definitely still have your father's eyes." 

Izuku's hackles raised and he felt his lips pull back over sharpening teeth. Izuku walked over on a growl and drew Inasa's eyes to him, Izuku let a bit of his wolf glow in his protective gaze. Izuku wasn't going to fight his friend's battles for him. He was support to their feelings, safety if they needed it. Izuku pressed up on his Beta's pack link to him and offered his unwavering support as best he could instead. 

"Something wrong Yoarashi?" The hair covered student spoke warningly to Inasa.

"Nope not a thing sir!" Inasa turned and joined his fellow students. 

"My father's eyes?" Todoroki whispered weakly. 

"Todoroki," Izuku started. 

"See you out there." The voice of the Shiketsu girl came from behind him and he stiffened up uncomfortably. 

"See you out there, what is that supposed to mean?!" Kaminari wheeled Izuku around and away from his Beta. 

"You're insatiable!" Mineta hissed.

"I told you it's not like that." Izuku growled. "I'm gay and dating Kacchan. Seriously, why do I have to keep telling you guys that?! Besides, that girl is dangerous!" 

"Please, you're acting disgracefully!" Yaoyorozu interjected and Izuku thanked her mentally. "The test isn't over; you need to focus!" 

Izuku let out a sigh of relief as they let him go. He reached out to his wolf who felt irritated at the accusations against them. They were a one-person creature. Kacchan was the only person Izuku wanted to have flirting with him. And they were fighting right now. He guessed?

Izuku growled and stepped away from Kaminari and Mineta. Izuku suspected they were just mad she had been naked, and they hadn't gotten to witness it. Why they thought he had actually done something with her was anyone’s guess. Had he not been up front enough about his relationship with Kacchan? He'd come to school with Izuku's marks on him. Soulmate seemed pretty telling. Izuku shook his head. 

A bell went off and everyone silenced themselves as Mera-San came back onto the PA system. 'Villains have performed a large-scale terrorist attack spanning all of [Insert City Name Here]. Since most buildings have collapsed many are injured.'

Izuku felt his wolf settle into the back of his mind, ready to rescue and do well. The room they were in started to unfold and come apart like the one before the first test did. 

'Due to heavily damaged roads the first responders have been delayed for the time being. Until the emergency services arrive the heroes in the area will lead the rescue. Your task is to save as many people as you can and help the injured. And with that-Begin!' 

Izuku shifted immediately into wolf form and raced out of the room with the rest of the examinees. He had to succeed in this, being able to rescue was so important.

"Let's start by heading to the closest Urban area!" Iida called to their class. "We'll work as a team as much as possible." 

Izuku saw Kacchan split off and wanted to reach out to draw him back, his explosions could really help in clearing some rubble. But he knew Kacchan was smart, he could figure out how to help on his own. Izuku didn't think his mate wanted to work together at the moment anyway. 

"You're going off on your own again?!" Ashido exclaimed at Kacchan. 

"Hey, you extras! Keep the fuck up!" Kacchan snarled. "I don't know why you want to follow me anyway, so don't fall behind!" 

"We just wanna." Kirishima and Kaminari said in tandem as they followed the human Alpha. Well, at least Kacchan had back up. No matter the issues between them, Kacchan having his own inner unit was important. They both needed to have part of the pack to be at their side. 

Izuku stopped his paws skidding in the dirt as his ears swiveled to the sound of crying coming from a toppled building next to their group. "What's wrong Midoriya?" Iida asked as he noticed Izuku stopping. 

"I hear someone." Izuku explained after he changed to his human form. He needed to make this as easy as possible, approaching as a human was the best option.  He led the way up a rise of rubble and spied a boy crying in the middle of the wreckage. "Over here!" 

"Help me please!" The boy exclaimed. "My grandpa, he's been crushed, I think he's hurt!" 

"Oh no, this looks bad," Izuku breathed as he drew up to the boy. "Where is he?" 

"This looks bad?!" The boy looked up and Izuku realized, this was not a boy at all. No one who was as covered in real blood as this person was in fake blood should make such an insulted face at him. "That's points off your score!" 

The entire class halted, and they stared down at this 'victim'. "The first thing you should do is asses my injuries and see if I can walk. I'm breathing kind of weird too, aren’t I?!" He explained. "And didn't you even notice that I'm bleeding from the head? People with hero licenses should be able to judge a victims condition in an instant!"

Shit, were the members of HUC the ones who would be scoring them?! And he was totally right too, in this test Izuku's senses would only be able to help him find victims. The same applied to a real-world situation. He was going to need to be able to respond properly. 

"Your gross lack of training is all too apparent right now." The HUC victim chided them viciously. "You better shape up and pay attention newbies!" 

 


 

"When it comes to saving innocent lives, experience really does make a difference." Shouta rubbed the back of his head as he looked down at the disaster zone.

This wasn't exactly something they had gotten to go over as extensively as he would have liked. The things they'd gone over had happened after the attack on the USJ. Rescue operations were supposed to be beaten into the skulls of the students much earlier than they were. 

Nevertheless, they had heart and they were more practical than he had expected them to be. Hands on learning was certainly their forte. They would make it through, he just had to watch the fruits of his and his colleagues labor in action. 

 


 

"You're not just here to provide aid. Until the police and fire fighters arrive, you need to exercise authority and make sure this goes off smoothly. Think of the victims here, they must be terrified." The HUC member lectured and Izuku listened intently. He lifted a hand to swipe at the fake blood that was streaked down his brow. "There are many aspects of being a hero. But take note, there is one thing to keep in mind above all else. Anyone who needs rescuing, is having the worst day of their lives. The first thing you said was 'This looks bad', seriously?!" 

Izuku was ashamed at himself, a knee jerk reaction of his civilian self. When he'd been rescued he'd been knocked out from blood loss. But arguably it was the worst day of his life. If someone had approached him while he was awake, right after his father had been mauled, that was not what he would have wanted to hear. No Izuku would have wanted someone to take charge and save his father, and protect the people cornered by Lycan's bloodlust. He wanted to do this like All Might, he always radiated safety, and reliability. Izuku needed to be like that!

Izuku slapped his cheeks viciously. He needed to get it together and do his best. That's the kind of hero his father had wanted him to be. The kind of hero his mentor expected him to be. The kind of hero people would need him to be. This was essential to achieving all of that. 

Izuku tipped his head back and sucked in a breath before he looked down with a bright grin, "Hey, it's fine." 

Like a switch had been flipped, the HUC member turned right back into a victim. All signs of that lecture was forgotten. He started to scream, "Wah, over there! Grandpa!"

"Hey, don't worry, I'll definitely save him." Izuku assured his victim. He looked back to his classmates who were still looking a bit unsettled. As always there was more going on than anyone was saying. It was up to them to figure it all out now. "I can carry this boy to the first aid station myself, go on without me." 

"Right!" Iida nodded and led the others off. Izuku picked his victim up and kept up his assurances while he activated Full Cowl to move faster. He headed towards where the first aid station was set up

"It'll be alright," Izuku said as confidently as he could muster. "It'll be alright." 

"Is that your only line?" The HUC victim asked through sobs and Izuku whined a bit internally. Not even a little bit of slack huh? Well, Izuku liked a challenge. "You're terrible at this!" 

"I'll save you; I promise I will!" Izuku changed tactics while his wolf huffed in amusement. 

"Shut up!" The HUC member cried out. 

 


 

"Help, someone!" Katsuki continued his trek across the mountain zone, it looked like a landslide had come through. He looked down from the ridge he was on and saw a man and a woman standing together. 

"My arm hurts pretty bad!" The woman exclaimed.

"Mine too, save us!" Katsuki growled when he looked at them, they were standing, able to walk. What the fuck were they doing standing around?!

"Shut up! Save yourselves you whiners!" Katsuki roared. In a crisis situation victims should be moving away from the disaster areas. Not sticking the fuck around like this shit. What the hell?! 

"Man you gotta work on your rescue style!" Kaminari hissed. 

"They could be really hurt; we can't just leave them here!" Kirishima snapped. Katsuki looked away in annoyance. 

"Wait," The woman said, "We are supposed to be low priority victims with only minor injuries."

"So you think-...that he figured it out?" The man asked the woman and Katsuki snorted. "And that's why he told us to go off on our own?" 

"You're kidding me, they took it in a way that made it sound okay?" Kaminari gasped as they looked down at the HUC members. 

"We'll get you two somewhere safe!" Kirishima moved down the cliff with Kaminari on his heels. 

"Yeah!" Kaminari agreed. Katsuki turned to start looking for anyone with more serious injuries than these idiots. 

"His tone was wildly inappropriate, minus points." The man said suddenly and Katsuki froze. 

"What the hell did you say?!" Katsuki was just this side of pissed off already, so his face contorted to match his level of rage. He tilted his head back to the victims as his two extras walked over to them. They hugged each other in fear. Good, fucking docking his points for calling them on their shit. They deserved to know a bit of fear. 

Explosions started as his extras got the victims out of dodge. Then they started racing towards him, what the fuck?!

 


 

Izuku was drawing close to where the emergency areas were being set up. "We're almost to a safe space, don't worry." Izuku assured his victim as he ran up. He paused as he realized how many people had been gathered already. "There's so many." 

"You there! Let me see that boy!" Another examinee called as she walked over. 

"Yeah, of course." Izuku sat his victim down and launched into a report. "He's bleeding from his head a bit, but his wounds don't look very deep. He responds to questions clearly." 

She crouched down to immediately start treating the boy. "Hmm, he should be fine." She determined, "Take him to the space over there on the right." 

"Yes, ma'am." Izuku nodded. As he reached down to gather the boy back up an explosion rocked the area to Izuku’s left. He wrapped his arms around the boy instantly, "What happened?!"

'A villain has completed another large-scale attack.' Mera-San announced. 

"Everyone, this is part of the exam!" Izuku called out. 

"You think so?" That was Shindo covering an elderly man as Izuku had. 

"That means-," The girl who was working the make shift infirmary started. 

"Hey look!" Someone called. Izuku turned and his eyes widened in shock when he saw Gang Orca had stormed through the rubble with a slew of minions around him. 

"That's Gang Orca." Izuku gasped. The minions started to rush through their point of entry. 

'Terrorists have appeared and have begun to sweep the area.' Mera-san announced. 'Hero candidates at the scenes have to continuing their rescue efforts while also suppressing the newly arrived villains.'

Izuku looked at the infirmary area and safe zone they had erected. He was going to have to choose. Izuku snaked as he gritted his teeth. His wolf snarled; they were built to protect the weak of a pack. Protecting these people would be right in their wheelhouse. 

*

Notes:

Does anyone else think that gang orca is like weirdly hot? No clue if the orca thing is part of the costume or if it's legit his head. But damn he gives off daddy vibes a little bit. Lol.

Also how hilarious are the HUC members? I can't get over how awkward it must be to try and treat someone like a kid or a baby after they just talked to you like a 30 year old adult.

Chapter 66: What's The Big Idea?!

Summary:

Gang Orca attacks the rescue efforts as a villain to test Izuku and the other examinees.

Notes:

So I'm taking issue with the filler ep. Why did they put it so late in the season? Like I understand it's supposed to be the lead up to the movie. One Piece does that. But if it's set literally before the summer camp, because Izuku doesn't have Shoot Style, and All Might still has One For All, this was poor planning. Just saying. I'll be doing a werewolf AU for the movie as soon as I can watch it and make notes. So the filler will be popping up there.

Also, apologies, I gave myself like food poisoning last night with leftover pizza. So you get this chapter tonight, and the next one tomorrow.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku moved to the edge of the first aid station and clenched his fists as the villains rushed the area. He was built more for fighting, but there were a lot of them coming. How were they going to protect everyone? Most of the heroes were still out in the rubble finding victims. 

"Get everyone to safety!" Shindo ran past Izuku in a blur of green and black. 

"Wait, Shindo!" Izuku yelled he couldn't be trying to fight alone. 

"Do it, get everyone as far away from the villains as possible!" Shindo yelled back, Izuku gritted his teeth and turned. Shindo had a good quirk that could give them some time to either fortify their location or evacuate. Izuku's wolf huffed in acknowledgement, this one was decent in strategy. 

"Right!" Izuku nodded and stepped back into the station to lift someone onto his back. 

"I'll start hammering away at them at one second intervals!" Shindo shouted. The ground rumbled but Izuku's hair stood on end. He twisted from where he stood to see Gang Orca had lunged right into Shindo's guard. He was hit with an ultrasonic sound wave that knocked Shindo back paralyzed. 

"Shindo!" Izuku snarled. 

"Nice try!" Gang Orca snarled as he stood up and glared at them. "A single rear guard to hold us back? You've underestimated me." 

Izuku tensed and his inner wolf shivered in the wake of such a powerful predator. Izuku felt a flare along his brain and tensed as Gang Orca twisted. Another ultrasonic attack spilled from the Pro Hero into a torrent of ice. 

"Todoroki?" Izuku sighed in relief. 

"Midoriya!" Ojiro ran up with some of his classmates. "Are you evacuating, we'll help!" 

"Todoroki's fast!" Ashido gasped as Izuku handed the victim he was carrying to Ojiro. 

"Hey, where have you guys been?" Izuku asked and shared a nod with Tokoyami. 

"We found hurt people over by the river." Ojiro reported. "Everyone ran into the city first, so we were searching on the outskirts. Yaoyorozu and Asui stayed behind to search for survivors. But we couldn't stand by and watch these villains do this." 

Izuku looked out to see Todoroki had created an ice field, freezing many of the henchmen in their tracks. He turned a fraction and another huge blast of ice crawled up from the ground. Gang Orca countered by blasting it with his ultrasonic attack. Izuku used the distraction to pick up another victim and join the others in their evacuation. 

"Your power is nothing!" Gang Orca made a crazy good villain. 

"I'm gonna blow you villains away!" A loud voice shouted from above. Izuku tensed as wind rushed through the area. It blasted through the ice field, ripped it to shreds, and swept it all away. Some of the villains were knocked off of their feet as Inasa floated into view. "A second villain attack. Man, they really pulled out all the stops for us didn't they?!" 

"Hey, it's him, that Inasa guy who turned down UA." Izuku gasped as he saw the Shiketsu student. A flash of irritation burned through his pack link to Todoroki.

"Good timing, we can keep evacuating while the strong attackers hold them back." Ojiro called as he ran ahead of Izuku. 

"Yeah!" Ashido nodded in relief. The sound of fire and wind whooshing made them move faster. 

"Why'd you use your flames? He heat makes the air rise up!" Inasa shouted.

"Because he didn't fall to my ice earlier. You ruined my shot-on purpose didn't you?!" Todoroki yelled. Izuku paused as they climbed over a rocky rise and looked back as his hearing picked up the argument. "Using your wind to blow away my fire?!" 

"You blocked me, so you'd get all the glory!" Inasa yelled back. What the hell were they doing?!

"Why would I do something like that?!" Todoroki hissed. 

"Why wouldn't you? Hatred is in your blood! You are Endeavor's son!" Izuku flinched as vicious fury burned through the pack link. Izuku had never heard it said that way, and it obviously bothered Todoroki. Izuku growled, those two were the last line of defense they needed to get it together!

Izuku continued to rescue as his wolf curled around their pack link restlessly. Trying in vain to settle their Beta. Todoroki's emotions were varying between trying to calm down but flaring in anger. Then a deep burning hatred roiled up, something Inasa said had triggered it. Izuku hadn't sensed a hatred like that since the sports festival. Izuku was too far away at this point to hear, but his wolf whined mentally. 

Izuku sat down his charge and turned into his full wolf, he couldn't just let this go on. If Todoroki and Inasa were fighting nothing was going to get done. He raced across the ruined ground and the fight blew up before his eyes as he skidded back into view. Full Cowl rippled over him as he saw the stream of air and fire line up next to each other. They deviated instantly away from Gang Orca. Two opposing elements reacting as physics demanded of them. 

Izuku's eyes widened as he saw Shindo was still on the ground. The fire blast was heading straight for him. His paralysis wouldn't have worn off yet! Izuku stomped his back paws into the ground to propel himself forward faster.

He shifted mid lunge into his werewolf form and hooked his clawed gloves into Shindo's vest. He yanked the teen up into one massive arm and angled his head back to snarl with teeth bared. "Dammit! What are you two doing?!"

Izuku landed hard and did his best to shift Shindo to avoid his head jostling. If his body was still paralyzed his muscles wouldn't be able to react and brace him against impact. Startled anguish translated through the pack link and Izuku snarled his displeasure at his Beta. 

"No more games!" Gang Orca's voice echoed over the battle field. He had closed the distance around Todoroki's ice and angled himself to where Inasa hovered. "First, I'll stop the wind!

 Izuku bared his teeth when he saw the loud teen had been caught in the ultrasonic wave. He was going to be paralyzed now. Izuku growled and sat Shindo down. As soon as he did he saw Todoroki fall to the same attack. Now Izuku was going to have to be the defensive line. 

Shindo sat up suddenly and lurched forward to lay a palm flat on the ground. "I've...got this!" 

A quake shot across the ground in front of Shindo's palm. It split the ground like it had against Izuku's class, effectively cutting the enemies off. "Wow Shindo, I didn't think you'd recover yet." 

"My extremities are still numb, but I'll bounce back." Shindo strained and glared ahead. "Sound waves aren't that bad, not much different from my vibrations. I've got a pretty good tolerance to them. Might be the first time I've been thankful for that recoil. Anyway, I was trying to get a sneak attack in on that whale, and then those two first years ruined it!

Wow, Shindo was really intense. 

"I've trimmed the henchman, now you make sure they're out of the game. We'll split up and get the remaining injured to the shelter." Shindo ordered and Izuku nodded. His wolf had already acknowledged their strange look alike. It wouldn't be a hardship to work with him. Izuku re-activated Full Cowl and lunged back into the destroyed battlefield. He wouldn't waste Shindo's opening. They were all that stood between the enemies and the injured now. 

A gigantic funnel of fire bloomed across the distance and Izuku saw two different points. Fire from where Todoroki lay, and wind from where Inasa had fallen. Both streams of powerful elements turned in circles before creating a cyclone. They were working together to trap Gang Orca!

That was more like it. 

Izuku saw the henchmen had gotten distracted by the fire tornado and were trying to attack Todoroki. Izuku took that distraction to angle himself into a leap over the new rise Shindo had created. Izuku moved in a sweeping kick that took out a whole group of enemies.

Ojiro flew out of the smoke and disabled a henchman with his tail, then he shot another with the strange cement guns they all had. He released his first captive, attacked two more with sweeping attacks before he joined Izuku.

"Nice move!" Izuku breathed. 

"The injured have all been evacuated." Ojiro smirked at him and twisted to Izuku's back. "Reinforcements should be here any minute now."

"Hey guys did you miss me?!" Ashido yelled as she leaped over another rise with Tokoyami at her side. 

"We're here to help!" Tokoyami called. Ashido's acid ate through the weapons and disabled the henchmen they mowed through. Tokoyami threw them into the air with Dark Shadow's arms. 

Izuku gaped when out of nowhere Asui's tongue lashed out at another group before she flickered into view. She'd become invisible?! "Asui-Tsu, when did you sneak over here?!" 

"I've been training my frog skills and finally reached a new level of skill. Camouflage, that's my new special move." She stood up and retracted her tongue. 

"Wow Asui, are you done with search and rescue already?!" Ojiro asked. Izuku tensed as his ears swiveled. 

"Watch out!" Asui warned. 

A wall of hair blasted over the henchmen who had come at them from the side. "Shiketsu High?" Ojiro asked. 

"I sent Inasa here to help." This was the leader of the Shiketsu students. Izuku remembered how he'd tried to create camaraderie with Kacchan. "He's disgraced our school's name. There should be no enemies left!" 

Izuku flinched as a veritable sea of hair shot out from the student and joined the fight. That was a crazy quirk. Izuku turned from them and directed his gaze to the Fire tornado. 

"A cyclone prison of wind and fire, not bad. An ordinary villain would give up, weep, and beg for mercy." Gang Orca spoke from within the giant barrier. "But what would you do, if your desperate trap was not enough? You must always be planning your next move."

Izuku flinched when he felt the shift in the elements. Todoroki and Inasa were at their limits paralyzed as they were. Izuku growled, everyone was too far away fighting the henchman army. Izuku had stayed because his wolf would not allow him to abandon Shindo who was still positioned where he was, and Todoroki paralyzed on the ground. 

The cyclone burst and blew out as Gang Orca attacked upwards with ultrasonic waves. Izuku's ears flicked back to protect himself from the effects. Gang Orca heaved a breath, "So, what now?!" 

Izuku saw him start towards Todoroki and hurled himself into the air. He saw a long-clawed hand reaching for his Beta and lashed out with a Shoot Style kick. "No! Get away from those two!" 

Gang Orca blocked his kick and suddenly he was looking into a glossy red eye. "Midoriya?!" 

Izuku's leg was caught in Gang Orca's elbow, Izuku angled his body ready to swing his other leg up when a siren went over the arena. 'Yeah, so at this point, all of the HUC members have been rescued from the disaster zone. It may seem anti-climactic, but with this the provisional licensing exam has officially been completed.' 

Izuku fell to the ground with all of his adrenaline leeching from him in a rush. His wolf was startled in his mind, Izuku felt a bit on edge himself. "It's over?"

'We'll tally the points and announce the results here in the arena, anyone injured should go to the infirmary. The rest of you are free to change clothes and wait wherever you like.' Mera-San announced. 

"Sorry boss, we must not have done our job right." One of the remaining Henchmen addressed Gang Orca. "And your restraining gear must have made it hard to move." 

"No, the gear wasn't the problem." Gang Orca scratched the side of his head. Izuku was in awe now that he didn't have to fight the pro to protect his Beta. "The tower of flame was an inspired attack. And with Midoriya's surprise counter once I had been weakened. we might have had a hard time if the test went on. Maybe even have lost."  

Izuku boggled as he saw the huge crack in the gauntlet on Gang Orca’s arm. He did that?! He might have won if they'd fought longer?! 

 


 

Izuku spent a while coming down from the adrenaline that had been burning through him. The full moon was too close, a few days away, not enough to have worried him but his wolf was still reactive to its closeness. When he managed to fit himself into his uniform he joined his class. He was itching all over, which said he was too keyed up. His wolf stayed back from control, but it made its uncomfortable energy known. 

"Okay, everyone, thanks for your hard work in today's exam. Now, before I announce the results, I should probably explain the way we evaluated you. Between HUC and those of us at the Heroes Public Safety Commission, we had a two-fault demerit system we used to determine your total scores. In other words we evaluated you based on how few mistakes you made in a crisis situation. Anyway, those of you who passed are listed here in alphabetical order. Keep that in mind as you search for your name and score." Mera-San spoke from the podium and waved at the large screen that came to life with name tiles behind him. Izuku frantically began to search for his name.

"Midoriya, Midoriya, Midoriya-!" Izuku gasped and his eyes widened. 

*

Notes:

I just want to point out, that Shindo's English VA is actually the VA for the English Cat Noir from Miraculous Adventures of Ladybug and Cat Noir. Just putting that out there, I already liked Shindo, but fell a little bit in love with him because I like the VA.

Chapter 67: A Talk About Your Quirk

Summary:

The exam results are released, and Katsuki wants to talk.

Notes:

About goddamn time! I wanted to be in this episode like five episodes ago! Time to get this fight on so we can get the sex on too. >:3

Also, thank you for the comments as always everyone <3

Chapter Text

There it was, his name. Izuku felt his eyes widen and his mouth drop in shock. He did it! Izuku reached out to his pack bond with his mentor and pushed through to share his surprise and elation. A warm feeling of acknowledgement flowed back and Izuku felt his wolf quiver in excitement. They had passed!

Izuku looked across the entire list to see everyone except Todoroki and Kacchan had made it. Izuku looked over to where his Beta stood next to him. The clear and bright scent of mountain air flowed through the crowd and Inasa cut through to approach Todoroki. 

"Todoroki!" Izuku flinched as Inasa shared a long look with Todoroki and bowed in that insane way he had outside the arena. His head hit the ground so hard, was he okay? "I'm sorry, it's my fault you didn't pass the licensing exam! My focus was too narrow minded! Forgive me!" 

Izuku felt the disappointment Todoroki felt in himself, it burned like the self-loathing he sometimes felt. Izuku offered up some feelings of support, his Beta knew what he did wrong. It wouldn't be beneficial if Izuku pulled pack rank now, he was keeping his wolf back anyways. 

"You're fine, I was the one who got us off to a bad start." Todoroki spoke to the Shiketsu student with a calm feeling of determination blanketing his mind and changing the disappointment into something positive. 

"But still!" 

"And thanks to the things you said to me, I have a lot to think about." Todoroki said and Izuku nodded in pride. Todoroki had really changed since the sports festival. 

"Holy crap, did he really fail?" Izuku picked up on Ashido whispering to Sero. 

"How could our top two classmates not pass the exam?" Sero asked back incredulously.

"You shoulda been more careful of what you said!" Kaminari boasted as he addressed Kacchan. "Words are important ya know?"  

"Shut your mouth before I murder you." Kacchan gritted out lowly. Izuku's back straightened as he turned to see where Kacchan stood. A smoldering anger simmered under his skin as Izuku looked at him. Izuku flinched as he realized what this meant, with everything hanging between them, this was a hard blow for Izuku's mate. Especially given what Izuku knew about how hard Kacchan was trying. 

"Those entitled people at the top think so highly of themselves. Their own egos are their worst enemies." Mineta crowed, he climbed up to Todoroki. At least he chose his prey well, chances of death were less sure with Todoroki. "Looks like our class hierarchy is collapsing." 

Iida stepped in and removed the small teen. Izuku sent a wave of appreciation to his Delta. But Izuku was still concerned for Todoroki and Kacchan. This could be a tough blow to them.

"I can't believe they didn't pass." Izuku breathed. 

"Poor Todoroki." Yaoyorozu spoke from next to him. Izuku turned and took a step towards Kacchan, even if it meant he was the punching bag for Kacchan’s frustration, he wanted to comfort his mate. 

"So, next we'll give you the printouts of your results." Mera-San spoke from the podium. A number of the suited staff members walked out with handouts. "They include a breakdown of your scores, so you know exactly what areas you need to improve going forward." 

Kacchan rounded on Kirishima as he got his handout. Izuku decided to let it be for now. Kirishima was doing a good job of being a Beta to Izuku's mate. 

"We lopped off points when you did something wrong. You started at 100 and when you fell below 50 you were done." Mera-San explained. "These demerits are itemized on your result forms, so I'd look at them." 

"How did it go for you Iida?" Izuku asked his Delta. 

"I ended with 80 points." Iida smiled at Izuku proudly. "Over all my weak points were in practical application. What about you?" 

"I got 71 points." Izuku answered and leaned over to let Iida look. "Looks like they mostly docked me for some of the stupid things I said at the beginning. Or for times when I was just kind of standing around." 

They were things Izuku honestly hadn't thought about until he was in the moment. So it was good he knew now, he could improve himself. Izuku's wolf didn't have a problem one way or another so Izuku would take the win and better himself from it. 

"I'm thankful we've been given empirical evidence on what we should improve upon." Iida pumped a fist excitedly.

Izuku frowned as he looked at the paper. If it was a demerit system, and there was no hope of anyone passing after they fell below the cutoff point, why let them keep fighting? Izuku looked to where a Todoroki and Inasa stood looking at their own papers. Why not remove the failed students from the battlefield?

"Anyway, those of you who passed can exercise the same authority as pro heroes, but only during emergency situations. In other words, fighting villains, and saving the victims of criminal acts or accidents" Mera-San explained sternly. "You may act using your best judgement without receiving direct orders. Keep in mind that your every action carries with it a deep responsibility to bettering society, the world is watching you.

"I'm sure you're all aware that All Might, our greatest hero, no longer has his incredible power. One of the reasons that crime in this country has been so low is due to his presence. With that deterrent gone criminals are sure to become bolder and more widespread. expect the balance we currently have in this world to be destroyed, for things to change quickly." Mera-San's speech resonated feel in Izuku. "You young people will become the hope for our future. It's imperative that you become exemplary heroes. That your reputations grow to suppress crime like his did. Remember that your work today was provisional, and you still have work to do. I would like for you to think of yourselves as fledglings, become even more diligent in your studies. And as for those who fell short and did not pass. We don't have time for you to feel bitter about your loss. Instead we offer you a chance to redeem yourselves. 

"After you attend a three month long special course and pass an individual test, we plan to offer a provisional license to those of you who failed as well." Izuku twisted to look at Kacchan who had looked up startled. Kacchan would have the chance to get his license!

"In order for us to reach the idyllic future that I just spoke of, we're going to need as many good heroes as we can get on the streets." Mera-San looked across the crowd. "The first round was one to weed people out, but we would like to grow the hundred selected from that test as much as possible. That's why we watched you all until the end. So we could see for ourselves that you each had promise. That once your shortcomings are corrected, you have the potential to be as great as your classmates. This special course will keep you as busy as you are currently with your normal studies. Though, you're welcome to retake the exam in April if you'd prefer to wait." 

"Oh like hell!" Kacchan snarled and Izuku felt his shoulders slump in relief as twin bursts of powerful determination flooded his mind. He was glad Kacchan and Todoroki hadn't had their drive diminished due to this loss. 

"Isn't that great, you both can get your licenses." Izuku smiled at his Beta and mate. 

"Hey, just calm down, the hierarchy is changing." Mineta urged and Iida interceded again. 

"We'll root for you." Iida smiled and Izuku nodded along with his Delta. 

"Thank you, I'll work hard." Todoroki inclined his head at them. Kacchan scoffed and turned away, Izuku just smiled despite the attitude from his mate. 

After the registration process Izuku was handed his license. He looked down at it with his hero name Deku emblazoned on it. He started to cry and clutch it close to him outside the arena. He'd done it, he'd taken his first huge step into the hero world. 

"Deku, are you crying?" Uraraka asked. Izuku jolted and looked over at her sheepishly. 

"Yeah, well you know, this is a lot, and I'm a crybaby." Izuku shifted his hips in a shy display of his human emotions. His wolf huffed in embarrassment. "A lot of people have helped me get here. Some of them went through a lot of trouble to do so. This is like proof that I've matured and gotten stronger. I'm so happy." 

Izuku then proceeded to pull his phone out and take pictures to send to his mother and All Might. Uraraka laughed as he did so. Izuku’s mind shifted to the words he'd shared with Kacchan between exams. He'd troubled his mate in the rush to get here as well. He needed to make this right, somehow he was going to have to speak to Kacchan. 

Izuku spied the hair quirk user from Shiketsu. "Excuse me! Hello!" Izuku ran up and slipped a notebook from his bag with ease. He remembered what that girl from Shiketsu had said, and it unsettled him how his animalistic senses hadn't picked her up at all. "My quirk is predatory, but I can't do what you could. Could you tell me about your training methods to erase your presence." 

"We haven't learned anything like that." He tilted his hairy head to show one eye, confusion was in his gaze. 

"But the girl in the bodysuit did it." Izuku frowned just as confused. She'd said she had learned it at Shiketsu. "I wanted to talk to you guys about it and see how it worked. Do you have any idea where she might be? I could ask her what she meant." 

"Bodysuit?" The Shiketsu student questioned. "Oh, you mean Camie. She said she wasn't feeling well and took a cab to the station so she could go home." 

"Oh," Izuku sighed in frustration. He really wanted to know how that worked. He was pretty sure he could do something similar if his wolf was in control. But he wanted to use it in all things if he could learn how to do it. "I see, too bad I didn't get the chance to ask." 

"Actually she's been acting kind of strange for the past few days." The Shiketsu student mused in a troubled tone. "A little different from her usual self I'd say." 

 


 

"Hey Eraser!" Shouta scowled when he saw Ms. Joke approaching him as soon as he got out of the arena. Dammit, they were done, he got to relax now before the semester started back up. 

"Hm?" Shouta looked down at her. 

"Since we've reconnected, let's get together for joint training sometime" She looked up seriously. 

"Yeah, that could be smart." Shouta acknowledged, she had some good students in her class. And his could use a good challenge to keep them humble. He'd need to do the same with Vlad and his class. 

"Hey Todoroki!" Shouta looked up to see that Inasa kid running from the arena to where Shouta's student was walking towards the bus assigned to their class. "I'll see you at the special course, but here's the thing, Honestly, nothing has changed. I still don't like you. SORRY!

This kid was way too intense. 

"That's all for now!" Inasa waved as he ran full tilt towards his fellow Shiketsu classmates. Shouta shook his head, far too much energy in a first year. 

 


 

"The second semester must be starting soon, or has it already begun. I assumed that you would devote yourself to teaching now. And yet you've come to visit me." All For One's voice seethed through the insanely thick safety glass. Toshinori took in the restraints and extensive life support systems in place to keep him living. 

Toshinori's wolf snarled deep in the back of his mind. This was their greatest foe and seeing him imprisoned was a relief. Even though it didn’t feel like it had stopped this monster any. 

"I'm here so we can get a few things straight." Toshinori rumbled out his growl. He looked into the heavily scarred surface of the villains face. It felt surreal looking at him like this. For so many years as he trained under Nana, he knew All For One was this great dangerous evil. Even when he'd fought him nearly six years ago, he'd felt like this gigantic god of an opponent. Something Toshinori had not come away from unscathed. It was still true, but now-...now All For One was just as destroyed as he was. 

A hollow victory. 

"Do you know how stifling this place is, All Might?" All For One talked right over Toshinori's reason for being here. Of course he did. "If I so much as scratch an itch, by rubbing myself against this chair, then every mounted gun in my cell will point at me. My brainwaves are being constantly monitored, along with my vital signs. One thought about using my quirk and I'll likely be put down like a rabid dog. Oh, is that too close to home for you now?" 

Toshinori didn't rise to the bait, he knew being a werewolf had been a clutch moment trump card to help him continue in the fight. All For One had not anticipated it, clearly he was still sore about it. 

"Imprisoned deep underground and smothered by layers of high-tech security." All For One smiled behind his oxygen mask. Yeah, he was not happy, and he wanted Toshinori to be unsettled. His wolf rose up enough to make Toshinori's eyes glow, they weren't scared. "Not even a bit of stimulation for my mind. The world romanticizes this place as something out of a Greek myth. Tartarus, that's the name of the underworld prison where kings and gods were punished. Escaping would be a struggle, even for me." 

"You're trapped here, you'll never go free." Toshinori said plainly, factual. 

"I'll let you believe that." All For One chuckled, "So what now? Let's hear what you have to say. Where's Gran Torino, you came here alone? And in a costume no less. Please, don't tell me you're still trying to be a hero with that feeble body? Or are you a werewolf now? Which is it? Man or beast?"

"You're chatty," Toshinori snorted. 

"Don't feel flattered, I just haven't had anyone to talk to in a while." All For One smiled wryly. 

"I want answers." Toshinori had had enough of the pleasantries. "Tell me where Shigaraki Tomura is hiding right now."

"Haven't the slightest." All For One's smile widened as if he was proud. "Unlike your bird, mine left the nest and makes his own decisions." 

"What were you trying to achieve?" Toshinori glared with his wolf right under the surface. "What are you hoping for now? Your body should have died a long time ago, yet you preserved it. You devote your time to exploiting and controlling people, toying with innocent lives for no reason. Why?"

"Of course you would come here to talk about this tired topic." All For One sighed as if bored all of a sudden. Toshinori would never see this topic as tired. He had wanted answers to this from the moment he had received One For All. And he'd never gotten them.

After their fight, after everything that happened years ago, why continue? What was the goal for all these centuries? "Even if I told you the truth you wouldn't be satisfied. There are some people who never understand each other. We are the same though you'd never admit it. Just as you longed to become the hero of justice, I longed to be an all-powerful devil. It's that simple. I had an ideal and the power to see it enacted. If I could live forever in my dream, why would I begrudge the effort to make it a reality?"

"Why would you need a successor then?" Toshinori asked. All For One had survived from the days when quirks first emerged. Why would he put the faith in someone else after so many decades of keeping himself alive? His pattern had changed. That was dangerous.

"You of all people ask that? What a laugh!" All For One laughed openly. "It's because you took everything from me. Look at my body, I'm alive yes, but only because of tubes and machines. After you appeared, my infinite potential became finite. It's normal to pass your work on to someone else when the end is near. Think of it as an inheritance, an estate you pass down, or the well sown field planted by one person and cultivated from generation to generation. I'm just trying to do what everyone else on this planet is doing, nothing more." 

The irony in that statement and One For All was not lost in Toshinori. 

'You've got three minutes left All Might.' The guards observing the meeting spoke and Toshinori looked over to the two-sided mirror with a nod. 

"Oh come now, don't put a damper on things." All For One sighed petulantly. "I want to keep talking. The world was probably pretty shaken up by your retirement. So let's hear it, how are things looking on the outside?"

'We're keeping him isolated from the news, please refrain from giving him any kind of information.' The guard advised, Toshinori hadn't intended to say anything anyways. 

"You heard the man." Toshinori growled to the villain. 

"Alright be that way, but then I have an active imagination." All For One's smile really hadn't wavered even once. He didn't like the way this felt. "Right about now the media's concern about your absence is mixing with their worry about Endeavor becoming their new de-facto leader. It's making them question the unity of hero society.

"Meanwhile, those lurking in the shadows are listening closely. They can sense the growing instability caused by the vacuum you left and are compelled to act. They'll think this is their chance to change the way the world works and band together." All For One spoke and the truth of it sent a cool down Toshinori back. "I think Tomura and his group will continue to hide for the time being. In order to ensure it's their organization that rises to the top. Everyone will naturally want increase their influence, so there will be some fighting within the factions. If the scenario I composed plays out as I intended it to, then I know everything that's going on outside these walls. Do you know what I love most about this? Any rise in crime after this is due to you concealing your fading strength." 

Toshinori's fists balled as he listened to All For One speak of everything Toshinori was afraid of now. Of course All For One knew it all, he was the mastermind behind all of it. How many years had he planned for this to harken? This was why he'd come, and now he knew. 

"And now you won't be able to save anyone." All For One spoke as if he were tasting some kind of fine wine. Like the notion that Toshinori was out of the game permanently now was the best thing he'd ever experiences. "You've been relegated to the sidelines, doomed to watch society fall apart. Villains flourish because of your own arrogance. Powerless for the rest of your days, because I don't think you'll be using that werewolf quirk. So tell me, how does that feel hero?"

Toshinori shot to his feet as a vicious snarl pulled his lips back over sharpening fangs. 'All Might, don't approach the glass.' 

"That's all I needed; I can see it written on your face." All For One smiled wide and dark up at Toshinori. "You're nothing now, you’re finished. You must really want to punch me huh?" 

"You think you know everything." Toshinori inhaled to calm the angry wolf in his mind. "As always, you underestimate people. I understand your twisted plan very well. You want Shigaraki, my master's blood relation, to kill me. Or kill me and Young Midoriya, that's what you plotted." 

"Perhaps." All For One grinned up at him. 

"I won't be dying any time soon, especially not by Shigaraki's hands." Toshinori snarled and his eyes flared. His wolf snorted with supreme pride rising up in it. "I will not be killed so easily, and I will not let the future you desire come to pass."

"Hmm, you said you came to set a few things straight; this is really what you wanted to say." All For One huffed. "How predictable."

The doors opened up behind him, 'Time's up sir, please exit.' 

Toshinori turned from his seat and his cape swung back with a rough flourish that felt so welcome despite how baggy his costume was. "I'll smash your plans and thwart your plots. I am relentless. You're the one who will watch helpless from a cell for the rest of your days." 

"Rest of my days huh?" All For One laughed as the door closed after Toshinori exited. 

He walked down the long hallway housing the most dangerous villains in Japan. He frowned when he saw Dr. Mitsu writing something on a clipboard as he exited another cell. A flood of scent blew through the sterile hall. Dead leaves, pumpkins, and a deep scent of blood. Toshinori drew up close to the doctor who startled. "Yagi-San, you can't be here!" 

"You should really put that rage away; it'll consume you." A rumbling voice came from within the cell. Toshinori felt his wolf bristle as it shied back. "Hmm, I see the kid's been sharing, I can taste the wolf in you." 

"Is that-?" Toshinori choked on his tongue as a flood of powerful dominant pheromones washed through the cell and Toshinori was horrified to feel his wolf nearly bare their throat in submission. 

The man in the cell was behind two layers of extremely heavy clear glass paced the edge of his cell. He had short, cropped, black hair and piercing gold irises that sat in a sea of black eyes. Heavy burn scars covered his jaw and neck down to the top of his chest. His tank top barely covered the bulging muscles and slim waist. He was bodily smaller than All Might had been, but that wasn't what was intimidating about him. It was the presence he exuded. 

Toshinori had only felt Alpha energy like this from Young Midoriya. He knew his wolf was dominant, but lax. It preferred it's calm comfort. This man was a fighter, an Alpha who would defend its position with blood and fury. Toshinori felt nothing but the urge to go belly up. That was when the pack bond he held with Young Midoriya opened up and he felt a wash of excited accomplishment and surprise. Toshinori settled, and shared pride with his student. 

"Oh, he's talking to you. I can feel it." Lycan laughed, "You see that little Alpha, you tell him to come and put me out of my misery. I'm rabid, I want to die. Won't matter if it's to him. He's mine after all." 

Toshinori felt the possessive growl tear from his lips at the exact moment Dr. Mitsu took his gauntlet covered arm. "Don't speak to him Yagi-San, he's just trying to provoke you. The full moon is to close for him to be anything other than antagonistic." 

Dr. Mitsu signaled to someone and the doors were shut on Lycan as he laughed, "You're all mine." 

"That's-..." Toshinori breathed as his legs wobbled. 

"Yeah, that's Lycan." Dr. Mitsu shook his head. "I hope Midoriya-San never actually meets him." 

"Agreed." Toshinori nodded.  Dr. Mitsu led him back up to the surface where Dr Mitsu left to speak with the staff and Toshinori recollected his phone and joined Tsukauchi. Once they were driving on the bridge back to civilization his phone went off. "Oh, excuse me." 

A wide smile split his face and his wolf rumbled in pride when he saw the picture of Young Midoriya's provisional license. That kid never ceased to amaze him. 

 


 

Izuku looked at his messages and finished off a thread to his mother and wondered if All Might would text back soon. The class chattered on behind him about their regular classes starting up again the next day. 

"Deku." Kacchan's voice drew Izuku's attention as his mate walked past from the bathroom. "Meet me out front later, we need to have a talk about your quirk." 

Izuku's eyes widened but he didn't move as his mate walked right past him. What was that look on Kacchan's face? Izuku knew he had messed up by not telling Kacchan about his second quirk. But surely...he hadn't messed up so bad they couldn't come back from this? Right?

"Okay," Izuku breathed. He spent the next few hours in his room, quieting his wolf and sealing off all of his pack bonds but the one with Kacchan. If they were going to have it out, he didn't want his emotions to spill onto anyone else. His wolf was restless, urging him to just seek Kacchan out now. But Izuku shook his head. Izuku had made the choice to conceal the truth from his mate. They would play by Kacchan's rules until it was time to explain. 

Everyone settled in to bed and Izuku let another hour pass before he was up and heading out to meet his mate. Once outside Kacchan just turned from where he was waiting and led the way down the path towards the school. "Kacchan, how far are you planning on going? It is after curfew." 

A complicated swirl of emotions bled through the link between them as they moved into the training grounds. Izuku looked up at the building they had fought for the first-time in. "You brought us to ground beta?" 

"This is the place where we had our first combat training fight." Kacchan's rough voice spoke and Izuku shivered when he detected none of his mate's usual heat to his voice. "I fought you and lost. That day I told you I wanted to be worthy, and you said you wouldn't lie to me." 

Izuku stiffened but squared his shoulders, he would listen to his mate. It was his duty to make this right, it was his mistake. He'd known it when he told Kacchan he'd just learned it from Yagi Toshinori. 

"You were just a wolf; you didn't even put that much work into it. Then Yagi shows up, skeleton personal trainer, who had you clear that fucking beach. I watched you." Kacchan growled out. "You're going to tell me how the fuck you met him and how you got a second quirk out of nowhere."

Izuku's wolf whined and scrabbled at their mating link, but Kacchan was keeping a solid grip on it. He didn't want them in his head. Strong emotion could leak, but Kacchan wouldn't let them in. The feeling that leaked out was poisonous, something dark and angry. Since when had Kacchan harbored this much resentment?

"I didn't understand at first, I thought it was just a physical technique you'd managed to unlock. Werewolves are supposed to have super strength after all. You were just pushing it further." Kacchan snorted with a bitter laugh. "You kept using it, but your healing never caught up. I didn't get it then, now I do. Ever since that sludge villain, that has to be when it happened. Ever since then you changed, you weren't afraid of your wolf anymore. I didn't do that; I didn't help you at all." 

Izuku wanted to reach out, but this was the most Kacchan had spoken to him in weeks. He didn't want to stop his mate from telling him how he felt. He wanted to know why his mate was harboring this much anger and resentment. 

"You passed the licensing exam, and I failed." Kacchan spat. "I'm not worthy at all, I never was." 

"It's not a matter of worthiness-," Izuku started. 

"Shut up and listen!" Kacchan snapped with his back still to Izuku. His mate hunched his shoulders, "You damn nerd!" 

"Sorry," Izuku's hands flew back to his sides sheepishly. 

"It pissed me off when I couldn't figure it out." Kacchan tapped his toes on the ground. "But after watching All Might in Kamino Ward I began to really see it. I've been thinking about it and everything that happened. You got that quirk from All Might didn't you? He gave you his power, so you'd bite him?" 

Kacchan turned to look at him with a calm look in his eyes. Izuku didn't like it, Kacchan's eyes were always on fire, they expressed everything he was feeling when his words failed him. Dammit. 

"I heard about the boss villain, apparently he has the power to steal quirks. He can even give it to someone else." Kacchan spoke about All For One and Izuku's hackles raised as the air grew tense between them. They were going to fight weren't They? It felt like it. "It sounds crazy but then that one cat lady can't use her quirk anymore. And then you met All Might, and you started changing. Now he's lost his power and had to retire, just like her. I remember what he said after he beat the big bad. We all heard it, and you were buried in your wolf, but I saw it react. It's just an extension of you even if it's in control. Back then, with the wolf riding you, you were the only one who knew what he meant." 

Izuku barely remembered that, his wolf shied away back into Izuku's grip fully. Izuku could see it's memories and the wolf had cried for All Might, just as Izuku would have. Kacchan had always been observant, calculating, especially when it came to Izuku and his inner wolf.

"There's even more evidence in the way those Nomu had multiple quirks. Even though it seemed impossible. Besides, All Might, and that Boss Villain knew each other." Kacchan angled his body sideways as he looked into Izuku's eyes. "Quirks can move from one person to another, not infectious like yours. All Might knew the guy that could do it. Somehow that's all connected to what you said about fucking Yagi showing you how to tap into strength that’s like All Might's." 

"I asked All Might about this, as a student, as his Alpha. He wouldn't give me a straight answer." Kacchan's eye lids lowered into a dangerous glare. "So you tell me the truth. Like you should have done after we fought here for the first time."

Izuku gritted his teeth, this quirk was dangerous, he'd kept it a secret as long as he could to protect Kacchan from All For One. And the kidnapping still happened, and it had nothing to do with Izuku and One For All. He'd done as All Might had asked of him and lied to his mate. Now his entire relationship was in jeopardy 

"You’re, not trying to deny anything, which means I'm right." Kacchan growled. "So say it." 

Izuku knew this was coming. He'd kept it in so long that the lie had built between them. So much so that now it was a hurdle. How was Izuku going to fix it? How could he honor his mentor, and make it right with his mate at the same time? This was the price he had to pay for not coming clean before they cemented their mating. 

"Okay," Izuku looked down and rolled his clawed finger into fists. "So, what if it is?"

"You and I made a vow to trust each other," Kacchan's emotions roiled to overflowing and it was spilling across the walls he’d tried to build between them. "Somehow, despite telling me one truth you still managed to fucking lie to me. We're settling this, right here, right now." 

*

Chapter 68: Deku Vs. Kacchan: Part 2

Summary:

Sometimes the only way to understand each other is to exchange blows

Notes:

Thank Fuck we finally got to this chapter. I've been feening to write this one for like the entire damn season. Also, there's been a disturbing lack of sex and sexual tension. Let's remedy that.

Chapter Text

"Wait, do you know what you're saying?" Izuku asked as his wolf reared back in his mind. Teeth baring in insult. "You want to fight to work this out? We're not even supposed to be out here at ground beta. Why don't we talk about this in school, maybe fight later in an approved setting?" 

"If we fight for real we'll be stopped." Kacchan growled at him quietly. Izuku froze, he did not have a handle on his wolf, he wasn't confident he could endure a dominance battle that was happening for real. Their fights up until now had been displays of their battle skills without any real heat behind it. Their first fight was the closest it had come to a real fight between them. 

Izuku's wolf stepped back and simmered angrily. But it was right there, on the edge waiting. After weeks of not being claimed by their mate, of not claiming him, they were on edge. And now Kacchan looked up with an eerie calm that just unsettled Izuku further. 

"I wanna see what made All Might give you his power." Kacchan breathed. "I want to know what made you lie to me. Is it because you looked up to him more than me? Is it because you didn't trust me? Does that mean everything I've done up to this point has been for nothing? Is everything we have a lie?"

"Kacchan..." Sometimes Izuku forgot just how much Kacchan loved All Might. Their entire childhood had been about the number one hero. This was partly because of Izuku's lie, and this was also about All Might himself. What a complex situation this was. "We're really going to do this?" 

"You'd better punch back, oh wait, you switched to using kicks didn't you?" Kacchan stretched his arms and glared. "If you fucking hold back even a little-!" 

"Wait, hold on-!" Izuku lifted his hands as his wolf surged up closer. Mate or not this was a challenge. And there wasn't a challenge Izuku would back down from, his wolf wouldn't allow it. 

Kacchan surged forward on an explosion with no more hesitation. Izuku gritted his teeth and pushed himself back. He looked up and saw Kacchan's right hand fly back, open and ready to spark. Was that a right hook? No, Kacchan always led with one, that was a feint. It sparked all of a sudden and Izuku ripped Full Cowl up over his body. He leapt out of the way as a huge explosion ignited. 

"You know what your problem is? You're always overthinking things!" Kacchan bellowed from the ground. "Just fight me!" 

Dammit, he was serious, Izuku wouldn't be able to talk his mate out of this. His mating mark burned with the discord building in his mate's mind. Kacchan surged through the smoke at him and Izuku ducked his head to avoid the swiping left arm. He hit the ground as another explosion detonated behind him, throwing him off his feet. 

Izuku rolled and came up to jump away as Kacchan dogged each of his movements, explosions lit up the entire city block with blasts of fire and force. They came to a standstill and Izuku tried one more time to stop them from truly going at it.

"You have to stop this; you know I can't actually hurt you. Can't we talk about this instead?" Izuku implored, "You were right to look up to All Might, all of the distrust, that's on me. Nothing you've done up until now has been wrong-" 

Kacchan stopped peppering explosions in his hand and lunged into another attack. Izuku dodged immediately, "I told you to wait!" 

"You were beside me for our whole lives! After everything that happened, you were still with me! Fucking wolf and all!" Kacchan roared. "So why-?!" 

"Listen to me!" Izuku looked up as Kacchan dropped another explosive attack, he dodged it. 

"Stop running and fight me!" Kacchan yelled. Kacchan surged forward and Izuku didn't dodge. He extended his arm to catch his mate's wild body as it flew towards him. "Why?! Why?!" 

Izuku jerked his head back as a knee swept at his face. He fell back and instinctively ripped his foot up as Kacchan's hands surged towards him. His mind was on fire as their bond cracked open and all of Kacchan's emotions flooded Izuku's mind. Izuku managed to knock Kacchan back with his swinging leg and flipped up as Kacchan was blown back. 

"Tell me!" Kacchan roared, he fell to the ground and Izuku landed on his feet. Izuku's worry won out and he let Full Cowl go and rushed forward extending his hand. 

"Hey, are you alright?" Izuku asked, his hand was slapped away. 

"Don't you dare worry about me!" Kacchan rolled to his feet hastily. "Why won't you attack me? Why won't you fight back?! Why have I been trusting you this entire time and you never once trusted me?! Now you're the number one hero's sidekick..."

Izuku's heart wrenched when he heard Kacchan's cracking voice as he sank to his knees on the ground and looked down. "You got so much better, and I destroyed All Might!" Kacchan shouted and raw anguish roared through Izuku's mind. Kacchan looked up and for once, his words and his expression matched in utter misery. "I admire All Might so much, but it's because of me that he ended up losing his power!" 

No...

"If I had been stronger, if I hadn't been kidnapped by villains...then it never would have happened." Kacchan choked and wiped an arm across his face. He shook his head roughly. "All Might know that it's my fault and he hasn't said anything. Everyone has to know though! I can't get it out of my head, it's like it's constantly playing on loop! What the hell am I supposed to do?!" 

Izuku needed to tell him, Kacchan wasn’t the reason All Might had to retire. No, that fell squarely on Izuku for having One For All. His mate was torn up about this, about Izuku's lies, and he didn't even know the biggest one. He's been carrying this guilt the entire time they had been apart after the kidnapping. He was blaming himself, obsessing over it. Izuku hadn't known, how could he have let his mate go through this alone?!

Dammit, Izuku would never be able to solve this with words. Not until all of that poison had been lanced out of Kacchan's mental wounds. Izuku's wolf rumbled and finally, finally slid into the place where it belonged. They were of one mind again. Meeting their mate head on, as he needed was the only way they could get past this. He would make it right, however he could. 

Izuku let his werewolf body rise through his skin. Luckily his shorts were baggy, but his shirt tore apart as his muscles bulged. Izuku mourned his red sneakers for only a moment as he activated Full Cowl and the green glow settled under his fur. Lightning arched over his body as he looked up and opened himself fully to Kacchan's turmoil. Kacchan needed him to fight, he was the only one who understood how his mate worked. 

He planted his feet as Kacchan got back to his and as his mate exploded forward Izuku prepared to attack his mate. As soon as Kacchan blasted into range Izuku jumped into a kick that swept right across Kacchan's face. He landed and turned to lift his clawed hands up into balled fists.

"Give me everything you have; I'll always meet you head on." Izuku blasted every feeling of love that he had buried in him, apology, regret, and passion all rolled into one. "Let's go!" 

Rational talk wasn't ever going to be the way they dealt with things. Izuku was a wolf, wolves didn't talk, they squabbled. Kacchan was volatile, he fought. And right now Kacchan needed to vent his emotions before Izuku could even begin to explain and apologize properly. After everything they had been through, not facing Kacchan was the gravest insult of all. 

Kacchan blasted into the sky and Izuku jumped back as Kacchan directed himself into a high velocity attack from above. The explosion lit up the street but Izuku gritted his teeth. That was a mistake, he was stuck in the air as Kacchan used his explosions to fly through the air at him. He wasn't going to be fast enough, Kacchan closed the distance in an instant. Too fast! Izuku maneuvered his body to avoid the hand stretched at him. 

Izuku had just passed when Kacchan dropped the hand to vault into another explosive leap, he threw his hands back to direct himself into a fast landing behind Izuku. Shit! Kacchan's fist drove right into Izuku's midsection. It snapped Full Cowl off of him and hurled him through the air. Izuku bounced on the ground and slammed into the railing lining the street. 

Izuku's claws slid around the dented bars as he re-activated Full Cowl. He swung his body up over the bar when Kacchan smashed in, the heat of the explosion burned through his fur but Izuku wasn't going to stop. Not even to catch his breath, Kacchan wouldn't give him that time anyways. As soon as Izuku let go of the bars, Kacchan's hand snapped around Izuku’s wrist. Izuku applied force to his body and when Kacchan threw him he fell back into the bars himself. 

Izuku hit the ground rolling and landed in a deep crouch, one clawed hand extended before him. He looked up and growled, his reaction times had gotten better by pairing his werewolf quirk with One For All, but Kacchan knew him inside and out. He wasn't going to give Izuku time to predict his moves. Damn he was magnificent when he fought. Everything Izuku had always wanted. 

"What are you smiling about?!" Kacchan roared as conflicted arousal sank it's claws into both of their minds. He tossed his arms back and exploded himself forward again. Izuku pushed doff with his legs in a spinning leap to avoid the explosion aimed at him. "I thought you were going to take everything I had, meet me head on?!" 

"I am!" Izuku planted his back feet and surged forward. 

"I bet you got some kind of plan up your sleeve!" Kacchan threw his hands together and a bright light flashed, Izuku threw his arm over his eyes to shield them but a fist still snaked through his stunned guard to smash him into the ground. "It's one of the things I love most about you!" 

What a way to make that sound like an insult. Izuku felt his lips quirk over his muzzle as the explosion bounced him right into the air after his mate struck him. That was more like it. 

"I can never tell what you're thinking anymore, hiding shit left and right, what the fuck?!" Kacchan roared as Izuku shook off the stunned energy that covered him as he flew through the air. Full Cowl snapped back around him, "It's obvious you never trusted me, not even from the start!"

Izuku landed and let it slip back off for a moment. He looked up as Kacchan glared at him, "You think you're better than me? Gonna lie and hide this new power like I don't even exist. If you think that'll let you surpass me, you'd better think again Deku!" 

"Wait...do you actually believe that's why I lied? All this time?" Izuku breathed as his heart lurched again. "Think about it Kacchan, if I looked down on you I would never have asked you to let me be your mate. I know I lied to you, but I always trusted you. You're amazing, you've always been amazing, everything I ever wanted and more. All Might was my hero, but you were the one actually in my life." 

Izuku reactivated Full Cowl and raced forward, shoving more of his power into his legs to move faster. He smoothly shifted to one leg and swung the other back in his new Shoot Style form. Kacchan lifted his arms in a block because Izuku came at him so fast. "I thought you were incredible Kacchan, you've always been incredible!" 

Izuku's kick connected to Kacchan's blocking arms and Izuku was sure he'd passed over his tight hold on 5% of One For All. He wasn't sure how much, but his body wasn't screaming about it. So it wasn’t pushing' 10%, maybe...8%. It threw Kacchan back the moment Izuku's foot slipped past Kacchan's arms, he hadn’t hit hard enough to break that guard. 

Kacchan slid back and looked up, his eyes were wild with adrenaline. He exploded himself forward again and Izuku raced in after him. Connecting and continuing past. Izuku skidded to change direction and kicked with his other leg. He turned and his heel smashed across Kacchan's face. The momentum gained by Full Cowl kept his spin going and he launched into a heel drop. 

Kacchan just managed to avoid it, but that left Izuku open to a huge explosion that blew them apart. Izuku let it throw him back and sank his claws into the ground to keep himself from being totally blown away. It may have been instinctual, but the timing wasn't right for that to have taken Izuku out. Izuku surged forward, "Is that all you've got?!" 

Izuku would never admit it, but in the moments when he wanted victory so bad it surpassed his want to save someone he emulated his mate. Izuku had his boyfriend engrained so deeply inside him, that his ideas of victory were so linked to Kacchan. It dragged his mate out of him in different ways. Izuku felt like that now. He was saturated in his mate's emotions, the self-hate, the agony, and rage all twisted up inside him. Izuku had to win. 

Izuku jumped into the air and Kacchan rocketed up after him. Kacchan thought he had a handle on Izuku's new Shoot style. He was even streaking towards his mate in that form. But Izuku was only using this new method to avoid using his arms as much as possible. But that wasn't going to take his arms out of the game completely. Kacchan was braced to block Izuku's leg, and his other hand was detonating to carry him up. Perfect opening, Izuku swung his left fist and buried it into his mate's jaw. 

No matter what, they might be lovers, boyfriends, partners, mates...but they were also rivals. So Izuku was always going to want to beat Kacchan. Izuku had to, in order to meet the expectations that All Might had for him. 

"I-won't-lose-to-YOU!" Kacchan twisted against the fist on his face. His hand grabbed the fur on Izuku's arm, and he swept his body into a kick that buried his foot into Izuku's abdomen. As soon as Izuku was beneath his mate midair Kacchan threw his hand back and a massive explosion shot them towards the ground. They hit hard and Izuku's body fell limp under his mate.

Kacchan's hand planted on his neck, and the other grabbed for Izuku's right arm. Izuku breathed through the resounding shock in his body. His left arm was under his mate's foot and his back leg had bent over both of Izuku's. He was in such a position that not even his werewolf abilities could get him out of it. Kacchan was perfect though, he'd never been more devastating than now. 

 


 

"That's it, I won this fight." Katsuki growled. "You have All Might's power, but even using his strength, even after making it your own...you still lost to me. Why?" 

Katsuki tightened his fingers on Deku's throat and the werewolf tipped his head back in submission. That wasn't right, if he had All Might's power, he should have stomped Katsuki into the ground. "How could you lose?

"Stop this, right now." Katsuki tilted his head to see All Might himself had appeared through the smoke hazing the road. "Sorry, but I heard what you said. I could feel you two fighting." 

Katsuki let Deku go and stood up looking at the hero as he walked towards him. "All Might." 

"When did you get here?" Deku looked over as his body started to change back to human. Katsuki ignored the tremble in his hands, he hadn't burned Deku, he was fine. 

"I didn't notice before, I should have." All Might spoke strongly. 

"It's too late now." Katsuki looked away as his chest ached, Deku sat up and looked to him worriedly. Goddammit, after all of that, he was still worried? What the fuck?! "Why did you pick Deku? It started when the sludge villain came didn't it? So why him?" 

Why was Katsuki's mate now a major problem target? Why hadn't he told Katsuki? And even more shitty, why not him? 

"He was powerless once and trying pretty hard to stay that way despite the quirk forced on him." All Might said seriously. "But he was still more heroic than anyone else. He ran in after you in an instant. I knew you were strong, that much was obvious, you could already fight. You were going to make your own legacy; I could see it. So I decided he should have a chance to stand inside the ring too."

"But now you know I'm weak too." Katsuki gritted his teeth. "I always wanted to be like you, which meant being as strong as possible. But look at what I did to you, because I'm not good enough." 

"This is not your fault Young Bakugou." All Might said as he stopped next to them. "I was always going to lose my power. You couldn't do anything to change that. You are strong, but I focused too much on your physical strength and never looked at what was important." 

Katsuki squeezed his eyes shut on those words. A bandaged hand wrapped around his head and tugged him into a scrawny bony chest. "You may be my alpha, but this isn't your burden. I apologize, sometimes I forget that you're children." It felt like pity, so Katsuki ripped himself out of All Might's arms. "After being a hero for a few years, you learn a few things. Striving to be the best, like you Young Bakugou. And caring deeply about people and rescuing those in trouble, like you Young Midoriya. Both of those feelings are necessary in a hero. Otherwise they'll never truly be able to represent justice." 

Katsuki looked up at the gaunt figure of his hero. None of this was right. All Might retired, Deku lying to him, Deku getting All Might's quirk, it wasn't right.

"That’s why you admire your mate's strength so much Young Midoriya," All Might looked to Deku, "And I know that’s why you've always worried about him Young Bakugou." 

Dammit, how did he know? Katsuki hadn't been able to accept that he'd been the reason for All Might's retirement, it disgusted him. But that fight that led to this retirement, that could be Deku. His arms were fucked, and his goddamn boyfriend wouldn't stop until he had become All Might himself. Lying, trying too hard, surpassing Katsuki without even trying to, none of that was alright!

"Now that you’ve laid your feelings out on the table, maybe you can come back together." All Might spoke and Katsuki wanted to argue. He wanted to fight, but all he really wanted, was to feel Deku's hands in his hair. He wanted to feel Deku's teeth in his shoulder again. He wanted to remember what it felt like to be mates. "If you continue to have mutual respect and work on making one another stronger, I have no doubt you'll become ultimate heroes. Winning and saving people at the same time."

Katsuki looked back at his boyfriend and Deku's green eyes bore back into him. "Dammit, that’s not what I wanted to hear." Katsuki sank to sitting as all of the negativity burned out of him in an instant. "Deku, you had the strongest hero lay the groundwork for you. Don't you dare lose again." 

The very notion terrified him. Wolves mated for life, and Katsuki didn't want to know what he would be like without Deku. He knew Lycan might be the closest approximation of it, and Katsuki wasn't even a werewolf. 

"I'll work harder." Deku breathed, "And I'll never lie to you again." 

"Okay," Katsuki let out a heavy sigh, now it was time to get his shit together and be the responsible Alpha he should be. This was his mate and his pack at stake. "Who knows about you two?" 

"Recovery Girl and Principal Nedzu do," All Might answered, "As far as students go, only you do." 

Katsuki dragged a hand up into his hair, "And you don't want this to get out. It's bad enough they know you inherited the werewolf quirk. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me, it would have been from the start." He relished their twin flinches and Deku's reeling mind. Good, he could still milk the guilt a little. "I don't appreciate being kept out of the loop considering we're fucking mates. But I'll keep my mouth shut. This'll stay between us, no one else Deku." 

"Thank you, Kacchan." Deku spoke with a small private smile. 

"I don't deserve this." All Might's voice cut through Katsuki's concessions. "I should be down on my knees begging you to keep this secret for me. Or submitting because my Alphas fought over a secret I put between them. Yet here you are being considerate and helping me out. Thank you." 

Katsuki got to his feet and looked to his hero. "I'm not doing this for you." He was plenty irritated that the shared hero between them had put such a wedge between their relationship. "It would be a pain in my ass if this got out and messed up my mates life further."  

He remembered the doctors vying to study Deku, the reporters hounding him as a kid, the looks and whispers. He didn't want to deal with that again, he didn't want Deku to have to deal with that again.  And this time it would be with villains scrambling to get at the quirk that had been passed on. Katsuki would never let that happen, and it would get them both killed.

"Now that it’s come to this, I can explain what's happened between me and Young Midoriya." All Might looked over at Deku. "I should have let him tell you from the start, it's only fair." 

All Might told him everything as they started walking towards the gates. The quirk was called One For All, and it had been passed down through generations getting stronger and stronger with each new host. All the way down to Deku as the ninth holder. It came from that boss villain, who was called All For One. He told Katsuki about how it was supposed to be used against that great villain. That it helped him become the symbol of peace. Then he talked about a fight that had happened years ago, against All For One, that had injured All Might gravely. It was what had resulted in the gaunt form Katsuki was looking at now. 

Then he spoke about how he had chosen Deku. That they had connected in such a way that linked all the way back to his own inheritance. That he had never asked for the werewolf quirk, but Deku had insisted to help with his injuries. It had helped him immensely by growing back his stomach and some of his intestines. Though his lung was still missing most of itself. There was only so much healing it could do. 

"If this got out, people'd get confused and start wondering where the power is." Katsuki huffed, "You idiot, what were you thinking when you first told me about it?"

"I didn't want there to be lies between us." Deku sighed, "It was so different than what you had seen from my wolf quirk. I had to say something, but it wasn't just my secret to tell. And I just made it all worse." 

"It was my own choice to use up the last of my abilities," All Might spoke from where he was leading them. Katsuki's stomach clenched as cold swept through him. He didn't want to accept that it wasn't his fault. "I said this earlier, but that was in no way your fault." 

"It doesn't change what I have to do." Katsuki said, "I have to prove to the world that I'm worthy. Even more so now that I was your last rescue." 

"Hmm, you're right about that." All Might chuckled. "Sorry about that." 

"Things aren't gonna be the same, you got that Deku." Katsuki glared at his partner, "You've been watching everyone and absorbing everything to keep getting stronger. Well I can do the exact same thing and keep getting better myself. I'll go higher than even you chosen one." 

"Right, then I'll just have to be better than that." Deku smirked at him and his eyes glowed with the challenge. 

"What?" Katsuki sneered. 

"I have to go higher than you!" Deku tipped his head back haughtily, knowing just how challenging he was being. Shitty fucking wolf. 

"Dammit nerd, I just said I was the one who was going to surpass you!" Katsuki yelled. 

"No! Now I'm saying I'm gonna go beyond that level!" Deku grinned. 

"What?!" Katsuki reached out, grabbing his boyfriend by the arm and yanking him in. Always saying shitty stuff, he knew just how to shut him the fuck up. Their lips crashed together with heat and fury. It was fast, because they were on the move, but it settled something in Katsuki. When he backed up Deku licked his lips and sharp teeth peeked tantalizingly out at him. He needed to be inside his nerd sooner rather than later. 

 


 

Shouta glared at his problem Alphas as they writhed in his capture weapon restraints. "You fought the night you finished the provisional hero licensing exam?" Shouta asked dangerously. "I'm glad to see that you two have so much energy."

"Aizawa wait hold up with those restraints!" Toshinori urged frantically. "It's my fault that they sparred in the first place." 

"Hah?" Shouta looked over at the other werewolf. His eye twitched as his wolf huffed tiredly. When he'd gotten the alert from the security robots he'd run out to get everything under control. Outside the dorms he'd run into the other Zeta. 

He'd been working, trying not to hate the space of his tiny apartment. Irritated that Hizashi was back in his own place getting ready to pretty much take over the house Shouta had leased. With this asshole heading him off clearly the two alphas had not been sparring. He would have to be a fool not to have sensed the turmoil between the Alphas of the pack. It had been a real fight between them. And this stupid wolf wanted to take the blame. 

It would be a cold day in hell when Eraserhead let his students get away with foolish fighting.

"Your fault? And how’s that?" He shifted his glare back to his students and his wolf preened when they had instilled enough fear into them to get an immediate flinch from them. 

"It seems like young Bakugou was feeling like he was responsible for my retirement." Toshinori leaned over to whisper like the students couldn't hear him. But that wasn't the point. "He had to face the licensing exam with those pent-up feelings and then his inferiority complex exploded. Then this happened. This is my fault for being negligent, this whole fight was brought about because of his teacher." 

Shouta glared and sighed heavily. He loosened his grip on his scar an it unraveled from his students. "I understand that they thought they had to break the rules." Shouta gritted out, after all a fight between them would have ultimately destroyed the dorms. "But this isn't something that I can just ignore. There must be a suitable punishment." 

He tilted his head back imperiously and set his students his darkest glare. This one dared them to fucking lie to him. "Who threw the first punch?" 

"I did," Bakugou looked aside, his bruised-up face seemed to make him look three times as guilty. 

"I also went pretty hard," Midoriya looked down. "It wasn't just him, sorry your Alphas are so irresponsible." 

"You're both on house arrest. Four days for Bakugou, and three for Midoriya." Shouta pointed and dished out the punishment like it was orders to fight. "During that time you'll clean all the common areas morning and night. Also I want a written apology, If your injuries need checked out, go to the infirmary. But don't rely on the old lady's quirk this time! Heal on your own!" 

Shouta cracked his neck and sighed, he pointed to the door and glared at the teacher who was beaming at him. He was going to ruin this assholes day. "Go." He ordered and lifted his phone to relay what had just happened to his mate. Hizashi’s reply made a flush come to his cheeks. He was not the dad of this class. Toshinori snickered like he knew just what had happened. "Get lost, this isn't even your dorm." 

 


 

Katsuki was barely in the elevator when Deku crowded up against him. He ignored the way his body protested to smash his lips to the ones aiming for him. He sank his hands into those fucking perfect curls. He tasted a little like blood but fuck if it didn't wake his body back up. 

"I missed you Kacchan." Izuku breathed when they broke apart. "You were right in front of me, and I was too injured to reach out." 

"If you'd been taken too, I might have actually murdered someone." It was better that Deku didn't end up in the portal too. 

"No, you don't understand." Katsuki realized their mating link was wide open. "I lost control Kacchan, I was the wolf in the forest. Aizawa-Sensei had to erase my quirk. And then I lost it the moment we got you back." 

"Yeah, don't fucking loose the wolf like that again," Katsuki felt like he was the one being the boss here. What the fuck?!

"No, were one again." Deku pushed up on his bare feet to nuzzle Katsuki's neck. "What floor?" 

"Mine." Katsuki reached over and punched the button. The elevator started up and led out into the quiet hall. He dragged Izuku along behind him until they were in his bedroom. He locked the door and saw Deku's glowing eyes in the dark. Katsuki needed to feel his boyfriend against him. 

Clothes were tossed and ripped by Katsuki's impatience, and Izuku's claws. They tumbled to the bed and tangled together instantly. Katsuki yanked Izuku down and their mouths linked with tongue and teeth. He bucked his hips and Izuku rolled on top of him. "Kacchan, can I claim you again?" 

"Fuck," Katsuki's cock pulse at the thought. "I Yeah, just want you in me." 

"Alright," Izuku leaned back to look around. He found his hoodie mashed up in the pillows. "Kacchan." 

"Shut the fuck up." Katsuki snatched it and tossed it across the room. Izuku looked at him through the dark and his glowing eyes welled with tears. Shit, why was he crying? Izuku tipped his head back and inhaled deeply. He got up to pace to the desk, inside was a recently opened bottle of lube.  

"Oh, you did miss me." Izuku growled and Katsuki flushed. He did miss his nerd, but Izuku didn't need to know just how bad. It was bad enough he'd seen the hoodie and new lube. 

Izuku crawled back onto the bed and kissed him. A clawed finger ran up his cock and he couldn't suppress the gasp. Yes, that's what he'd missed, Izuku's fucking claws everywhere.

"I missed you, I thought of you every night. Itching to bathe in your scent and taste your skin." Izuku growled deeply. 

Fuck, since when was Izuku any good at dirty talk?! The werewolf edged down him to rake a claw tipped finger over each of his nipples. Katsuki hissed through his teeth and arched his back impatiently. Izuku drew back to take in a few deep breaths. Then he opened the lube bottle with a snap of the cap. Katsuki couldn't see it that well, but he felt the cool liquid as blunt human fingers probed his ass. 

Katsuki shifted down onto those fingers as two of them delved insistently past his tight ring of muscle. Katsuki grabbed at Izuku and ignored the pained hiss he got when he brushed his partner's bruised abdomen.

Sharp teeth grazed across his jawline and Katsuki stretched his neck back. He didn't mind submitting here for Izuku, and he didn't mind seeing it from the werewolf here either. But he never wanted to see Izuku lose and submit to anyone ever again. His enemies would kill him. 

"Come on, fuck, now Deku." Katsuki panted as those fingers delved deep and stretched him wide, he wanted to feel the burn again. The feeling of being owned and cherished. 

"Calm down Katsuki." Izuku growled as he nipped Katsuki's ear. "I want to do it right; I have a lot to apologize for." 

Katsuki glared and expressed clearly that if the werewolf wanted to apologize, he could do it by getting the fuck inside him. Izuku huffed and glared down with glowing eyes before he made another pass with his fingers to be sure Katsuki was stretched enough. He wasn't, but Katsuki wanted to feel Izuku. 

A liberal amount of lube found its way inside him before Izuku's hard cock pressed up against his rim. Katsuki felt electric fire spark under his skin. Their lips met and Katsuki grabbed his boyfriend's head and shoulders tight as he was split open. It was like being speared by heat, and it was fucking perfect. 

The stretch was insane, but so fucking good. Katsuki moaned deep into Izuku's mouth as inch by grating inch of the werewolf pushed deep. Hands fell to his hips and claws dug into the skin. Katsuki bit Izuku's lip and shifted his hips just enough to push down farther onto the cock entering him. Izuku moaned as Katsuki let his lip go, the werewolf pressed his face to Katsuki's temple. Then finally he bottomed out. 

"Fuck," Katsuki swore. "Never fucking lie to me again. I fucking mean it." 

"Never, never again." Izuku panted, "I'm so sorry I even did it in the first place." 

"Come on," Katsuki urged as hungry energy burned in him. He hiked his legs up to hook over his boyfriend's hips. Keeping Izuku close to him while he pulled back. Katsuki wanted to feel every fucking moment of this, so when their minds meshed the sensation volleyed between them. 

Izuku started a slow but deep pace. Katsuki writhed into it, because each thrust pushed Izuku's cock right into his prostate. He jolted every time it happened, sloppily kissing the werewolf and cursing against his lips. He arched his back and Izuku reared up above him, one clawed hand sliding along his abdomen and chest. "So pretty Katsuki." 

"Not, fuckin' pretty." Katsuki protested as his cock jumped between them and clawed fingers wrapped around him. The edge of one ran up and down his straining length. Katsuki's eyes closed on a pleasured roll. He arched into the long deep thrusts that kept him just on the edge. Pairing that with the sure way that Izuku stroked him, Katsuki was surprised he hadn't cum yet. 

"Gorgeous." Izuku taunted and picked up the pace. His thrusts coming harder and faster. Katsuki felt his mind swamp with the pleasure. "I love you; I love you so much Ka-!" 

"Izu-!" Katsuki felt his orgasm strike through him like lightning, at that moment Izuku leaned down and sank his teeth into Katsuki's shoulder. The pain tripled his pleasure and it showed. Painting his abdomen in ropes of white.

As soon as he let go Katsuki sought out his own mark and bit down ruthlessly. Izuku moaned gutturally and pulled out, his fingers circled his cock and pumped once, twice, and three times before he spilled across Katsuki's abs. He watched the werewolf press a shaking hand to Katsuki's skin and rub the mess all over his skin. "Need me to smell like you?"

"All the time." Izuku licked his bloodied lips and Katsuki felt his arms fall limp. They still hurt from the fight, everything hurt from the fight. But damn was it fucking good to be with the nerd again.  Izuku laid across him suddenly, smearing their combined spunk all across him. 

"You know, this is pretty fucking disgusting." Katsuki mused as he remembered the first time Deku did this. 

"I need it." Deku said and leaned over to kiss him. Katsuki could let it slide so long as Deku never stopped kissing him. Katsuki yanked the loose blanket up over them. "You want me to stay?" 

"Don't act like you aren't going to scent my whole room." Katsuki groused. "Might as well do it while I know you’re here and can sleep through it. You're fucking staying the night." 

"I can do that Kacchan." Deku breathed against his mouth. "I love you." 

"Love you too, Shitty Deku." Katsuki replied.  

 


 

"What?!" The whole class exclaimed as they gathered to leave for the day. 

"You guys threw down?!" Ashido shrieked. 

"And now you're on house arrest?!" Hagakure demanded. 

"That's hilarious!" Kaminari chuckled. 

"What a couple of morons." Sero jabbed. 

"Pure stupidity." Tokoyami was even getting one in. Izuku sighed as he kept vacuuming the carpet. 

"So did you guys make up after or-?" Uraraka approached Izuku. 

"Well, it wasn't that kind of fight exactly...and it's hard to put into words..." Izuku flushed, he didn't want to detail exactly what making up meant now that he'd experienced it. 

"You two are lucky you got off with just house arrest." Iida's hand was chopping lighting fast. "Though this means you'll miss the opening ceremony we're going to right now." 

"Bakugou, what about our extra classes?" Todoroki asked from behind them. 

"Shut up IcyHot! This has nothing to do with you!" Kacchan bellowed as he moved his own vacuum faster. 

"Okay well, thanks for cleaning up!" Kaminari laughed as they all filed out together. 

Some silence fell between them as they worked to finish vacuuming the carpeted area. Izuku figured they could mop next, then do the windows. Some smartass from the class had used the commotion to write 'clean me' in poorly drawn kanji on the windows. Izuku had better be the one to clean that or Kacchan would lose his mind. 

"So," Izuku spoke, now that they were back on better terms and all the pent-up energy was spent. "About my Shoot Style? What did you think of it?" 

"Your movements are too obvious," Kacchan answered and Izuku stilled to look over at his mate. "Even when you got faster, I was able to dodge them. You're not gonna win any fight that way." 

"Oh, right," Izuku felt his heart swell and a stupid smile came over his face. 

"And when you added in punches it really pissed me off." Kacchan spoke up again. Izuku dropped his vacuum and raced over to wrap his arms around Kacchan and smother his face in his mate's back. 

"Got it."  

*

Chapter 69: A Season For Encounters

Summary:

Izuku and Katsuki spend three days together alone between chores. They make up for lost time.

Notes:

Hmm enjoy some more smut. We've got three days of just Deku and Kacchan. If I do them, they fucked during this time period of "House Arrest"

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

'Despite All Might's retirement we haven't seen very many changes in everyday life. We should be looking ahead in all of this. This is a time to investigate. How will the villains react, and what are our countermeasures?' The male anchor on the news talk show brought his hands to his chin in thought. 

Izuku worried about that himself. There were heroes everywhere, and he honestly thought there should be more faith in them. But he knew there was a reason the crime was down, a reason their hero society felt safe for so long. And that was due to All Might.

Izuku frowned when he saw the news was covering Endeavor. They were taking about the apprehension everyone had when it came to him. And rightful it so, he may be a hero, but he was certainly temperamental. 

Before Izuku had met Todoroki, he had admired how efficient Endeavor was. Now, now Izuku felt he didn't deserve his new rank as number one hero. By default or not, Endeavor had a lot to live up to. Izuku was just glad his Beta wasn't still living at home. Izuku would hate to leave Todoroki to his terrible household any longer. 

Izuku turned off the news and continued on with his work out. He measured the feeling in his right arm as he curled his dumbbell. There was some pain, but it was miniscule. Izuku hadn't managed to do any damage with One For All in recoil last night. But when his emotions got the better of him...that was when he unconsciously let go of his mental control. 

As it stood he needed to focus on his Shoot Style to mitigate those mistakes. Izuku lifted his arm after the curling rep to hold the weight above his head and work on his shoulder.

He kept close attention on the way he felt. His wolf healing was latching onto any twinges he noticed. So by the time his work out was done, his blood was pumping. He wished he could go for a run, but house arrest was house arrest. At least he could get the full moon out of the way before he returned to class. 

Izuku gathered up his laundry and lifted the basket to head to the laundry room. He was just setting his clothing in two different machines for colors and whites, when he smelled Kacchan. Izuku started both machines and let his hands fall away. That was when he was swung around and lifted by his thighs into his mate's arms.

Instantly his mouth was covered by a hot searing kiss. Izuku moaned into it and grasped the shirt on his mate's shoulders. He was still keyed up from the altercation over their house arrest. Izuku was worried about being here for three days but couldn't help but relish the uninterrupted time with his mate. Izuku arched his back and Kacchan pressed him up against the front load machines. "Ka-Kacchan."

"Better fuckin' call me by my name Izuku." Ka-Katsuki growled as he mouthed along Izuku's neck. He let Izuku down and boxed him in against the machines. Those dangerous hands grabbed at his sides and rucked his shirt up. Izuku growled when Katsuki's hand delved instantly into his pants. "Fucking missed you." 

"Katsuki." Izuku arched into his mate's hot grip. It was so powerfully enticing. Izuku dragged Kacchan's sweatpants down enough to free up his own cock. Izuku took it in hand and marveled at the look Katsuki gave him. 

Their foreheads pressed together and Izuku arched up into his mate. Their cocks brushed together. Electric heat burned through Izuku and he moaned deeply. Katsuki grabbed the shoulder of his shirt and yanked it down so he could mouth at Izuku's fully healed mating mark. Izuku let go of his mate's cock and Katsuki's warm hand slid through the precum leaking from both of them to slick them up and take them both in hand. 

"Fuck," Katsuki cursed. 

"So good Katsuki." Izuku breathed and tossed his head back to avoid tearing his mate's own bond mark open again. Instead he thrust his hips and dragged their erections together in the middle of Katsuki's tight grip. 

Izuku panted and moaned loudly, Katsuki bit into his mark and rolled his own hips forward. Their rutted against each other faster, nearly in sync. Izuku felt all the pleasure in his limbs concentrate and coil low in his stomach. His balls drew tight and Izuku leaned forward to run his tongue over the bond mark on his mate's shoulder. Izuku sank his claws into the shirt on Katsuki's back and groaned as his orgasm rushed up through him. 

He came roughly into Katsuki's hand and the added wetness made Katsuki's following thrust a slick glide that drew a ragged breath from him. Izuku felt Katsuki cum and inhaled the scents of their combined releases. Izuku growled and dragged Kacchan' shirt up enough to press their abs together.

"De-Deku! Dammit!" Katsuki sputtered. 

"Smell like me Kacchan." Izuku felt his teeth sharpen in delight. "I like it." 

"Tch, now I need a damn shower." Kacchan snorted. Izuku wasn't going to have that. He sank to his knees and lapped at the mess across his mate's abdomen. Their taste woke his inner wolf and they looked up with glowing eyes. Kacchan looked gob smacked. Not a trace of their mess was left on his mate, not even across his cock. But when Izuku took his mate's hand into his mouth he nipped those fingers with his teeth. 

Izuku delighted in the way Kacchan's cock twitched with interest. Of course, that was when the timer went off and Izuku settled his shirt back over his still smeared stomach. He was not keen on losing the scents on his skin yet. After he pulled his shorts up he shifted the clothes over to dry and looked at Kacchan. He was dressed and looking at Izuku intently. "The wolf, are you...are you split anymore?" 

"Oh, no," Izuku smiled and started the two dryers. "In the fight with you we merged back together. I've never felt that out of control before." 

"Sorry," Kacchan looked away and Izuku's heart melted. 

"You're my mate, and I failed to grab you out of that portal. We didn't...take well to that." Izuku said and clutched his shirt over his heart. "I haven't spoken to anyone else about it, not really, but I have a failsafe now. Come on."

Izuku led Kacchan to his room and ignored his mate's supreme snort at all of the memorabilia. "Did you dump all of your shit in here or what?" 

Izuku huffed indignantly and walked to his desk to pull out the spare case of tranquilizers. He handed them to Kacchan. "I had Dr. Mitsu give me the tranquilizers they use on Lycan. Aizawa-Sensei and All Might have some for themselves and for me in the event any of us lose control. I have some in my hero gear, and some that I carry with me at all times now. But this set...this one is for you." 

"You want me to tranq you?" Kacchan opened the case to see the four epi-pens inside. "The fuck Deku? I can just bring you back from it if you lose control again." 

"I know you can, but this is the last resort. If I lose myself, and become just the wolf, use these. You have to put me out and get me to Dr. Mitsu, he can keep me contained." Izuku didn't feel comfortable always trusting himself to have it in control now.

If Kacchan went down in a fight, Izuku needed to be able to control himself. Or at least to get himself removed from human populations. "I've also put in an order for a tracker to be put in both my hero gear and in something I'll have on me at all times. If I have to be picked up for Dr. Mitsu, I can just activate it and he'll send a retrieval team." 

"You think you'll need it." Kacchan glared at him and sat the case down. He yanked Izuku close and Izuku melted into his mate's embrace. Kacchan was worried. "Why the fuck do you think you'll need it? Your wolf just followed me like the shitty puppy it is." 

"Only because you were there." Izuku sighed and wrapped his arms around his mate. "These are just contingencies I'm putting in place to protect everyone. You're my alpha, you think you can handle this responsibility?" 

"Don't fucking ask." Kacchan snarled. He let Izuku go and snatched the case up. "Let's go eat something." 

Izuku smiled at his mate's prickliness. He still followed after him intent to eat as well though. 

 


 

"Hmm, excuse me but what is with this dust Bakugou?" Mineta's voice teased from the windows. Izuku looked over from where he was packing the trash to see Mineta and Sero antagonizing Kacchan. He shook his head in disbelief, they were milking this weren't they. Really poking the bear here. 

"Deku was supposed to do that, shut up!" Kacchan snarled. And he was right, Izuku was supposed to clean those windows as well. Only he'd gotten very distracted by his mate cornering him in the laundry room. After that they'd eaten and Izuku had totally forgotten about the windows. "Hey, can't you even clean the windows right, idiot?!" 

Izuku looked up at his mate awkwardly and their minds meshed in a wash of his amusement and Kacchan's ire at being made fun of. "Oh, right," Izuku fought not to snicker. "Sorry." 

But Kacchan relaxed into the amusement Izuku sent him. He raked glowing eyes down Kacchan's front, and his mate realized that he had actually been the one to derail Izuku's cleaning plan. Kacchan scoffed with a flush and stomped away from their laughing classmates. Izuku turned his attention to the rest of the class as they wandered into the dorm. 

"Hey guys if you'll leave your trash in the hallways I'll pick it up in a sec." Izuku called. 

"So... Present Mic's class today." Sato leaned on the couch tiredly. 

"Were you as lost as I was?" Kirishima asked despondently. 

"Brutal, were you supposed to know all the grammar he was going over?" Sato asked. Izuku tilted his head curiously, what had they gone over in class?

"Oh yeah that, was that even English?" Ashido asked wearily. 

"I think I studied the wrong chapters." Kirishima sighed. 

"I got stuck at the beginning." Sato complained. "And then I couldn’t figure out anything after that." 

Were the new materials that hard? Izuku wasn't too bad at English, he was pretty well rounded at everything so far. Maybe he would revisit his text books before he went back to class. 

"About those work studies." Jirou got his attention immediately and Izuku whipped to see her standing next to Hagakure and Ojiro. "I wasn't scouted so I wonder if I'll get to participate in one." 

"Maybe we can go to the places we did internships; I mean I'm totally down with doing that." Hagakure suggested. What were they talking about? Work Studies? What were those?

"I hope I get to do one." Ojiro said. 

"It's only been one day, and I've been completely left behind." A weird impression of his voice made Izuku look to where Iida was looking at him in a strange pose. Was he gloating? "I bet that’s what you're thinking isn't that right House Arrest?

"Hey, don't call me that, that's mean." Izuku growled warningly and Iida smirked. Dammit, Izuku had lost all authority hadn’t he. Some Alpha he was. Oh well, he could play to his strengths, and one of those happened to be analyzing things. What he knew about Iida, was that he was weak to his class rep position.

"Hey Iida, what's a work study?" Izuku asked with his best puppy dog whimper eyes. 

"Something I can't tell you about." Iida rebuked. Damn his heart was made of steel! "The teachers have forbidden us from giving you any details about our classes. Sorry, but you'll just have to experience the same shock and surprise that we went through. Did you hear that Bakugou?!"

"Shut your mouth, I heard you Four Eyes!" Kacchan roared indignantly and Izuku snorted. Kacchan did not like having their house arrest flaunted at them one bit. But he'd added another nickname to Iida, he only did that for Todoroki. He'd accepted Iida finally. Izuku would reward his mate for how cute he was later. 

 


 

Izuku transformed into his werewolf form to better carry the trash to the designated dumping spot. And that was the only place he was allowed to go to outside of an emergency during his house arrest. Izuku was lost in thought as he lumbered to the trash drop off area. 

Oh man...what was a work study? He was totally being left out on purpose because he'd fought with Kacchan. Izuku knew it was the start of the semester, but those three days of house arrest were really going to hit him hard. There was hero basic training the next day and he wasn't allowed to go. Everyone was going to be learning new things while he was stuck in his room. He was going to be so behind. 

Kacchan was making good use of their chore areas though. He'd taken to stealing kisses, groping Izuku suggestively, the laundry room incident. All in one day.

Izuku paused as his internal monologue was instinctively shut off. He shifted his hat to the side only to see a face peeking out of the wall, nonchalantly. Like it had always been there. Deep pools of dark blue eyes looked out at him excitedly. Blond eyebrows raised and a wide smile slipped over the face that was looking right at him.  

"Hah, trash amirite?" It spoke to him! A hand suddenly poked out of the wall and pointed towards the trash area. "What are you doing, you know you can just throw away food trays with the burnable don't you?" 

Izuku felt his spine tingle as he realized he couldn't smell whoever this was. Was it a ghost? Izuku was looking at a ghost?! What should he do? Should he run?!

"Uh...yeah..." Izuku muttered through his muzzle stupidly. 

"Hm," The head nodded then sank back into the wall like nothing had ever been there. 

"Am I going insane? What was that?" Izuku asked himself, he did a mental check of all of his pack members. All fine, no one was connected to him, not even Kacchan. His wolf was quite firmly meshed with him mentally. He seemed mentally fine...

"So, a werewolf? You must be that excitable first year huh?" The face peeked up from the ground beneath Izuku's paws. Izuku yelped and stumbled back in horror. "Ha ha, I bet that was a freaky surprise for ya. Sorry about that. But I gotta admit, I did pop up here because I thought you'd be shocked." 

"What in the world are you?!" Izuku growled even while his fur stood on end. 

"Ah ha ha, not a bad question there my friend." The face smiled wide at him. "I admit sometimes I even weird myself out. You know, once in a blue moon...get it?" 

Izuku did not appreciate wolf jokes. Not when he was as freaked out as he was at this current moment. This guy was not funny. 

"But don't worry you're gonna find out who I am soon enough. I'm just glad it looks like you've got a fighting spirit." The face smiled politely at him. "You see, the truth is that people are talking about you. So I came to see what all the fuss was about." 

It vanished again!

"Okay...what just happened?" Izuku looked around suspiciously then scented the air. Izuku was sure he'd seen that face somewhere before, but he couldn’t be sure of where. 

 


 

Izuku locked eyes with Kacchan as they had lunch in Kacchan's room. It was the serving day and Izuku had put the weird face out of his mind. His mate had gone out of his way to make spicy rice for Izuku. That was a better use of his mental power right now.

The full moon would rise later in the night, so getting this treat now helped settle his volatile emotions. Kacchan huffed as he lifted another pinch of rice in his fingers. Izuku leaned forward to lick the morsels from his mates skin. "You're really taking advantage here you shit." 

"Hmm, no way Kacchan, Mom sent you her rice balls." Izuku looked at the onigiri made specifically for the high spice levels that Kacchan enjoyed. Izuku may like spicy rice, but Kacchan liked the personification of lava in his rice balls. Kacchan had already plowed through three of the six. So anything Izuku wanted to do was well within fair trade. 

"Don't judge me you nerd." Kacchan groused but dutifully bit down on another of those hellish treats. 

Izuku continued to let his mate feed him and relished in the taste of Kacchan blending with the food. They finished and before Izuku could get up to go and occupy himself until the moon rose, Kacchan grabbed his wrist. "Stay." 

"Kacchan," Izuku breathed at the look in his mate's eyes. It seemed that after all that time Kacchan had spent holed up and angry, he was desperately trying to make up for lost time. They had spent the whole first night getting Izuku's room up to the scent level they had left Kacchan’s in after their fight. 

"Just-Just fucking stay for a while longer." Kacchan looked at him. Izuku smiled and nodded. He sat back down and looked at his mate. Izuku's teeth were sharp, his arms already growing fur, and claws tipped his fingers. There were three hours left of the school day. Izuku would need to finish his chores before he collapsed in the common room for the night with Aizawa-Sensei and All Might for the full moon. 

Kacchan kissed him and Izuku melted into it. It wasn't the fevered kisses they had been having left and right this whole time. No, this was sweet, soft, and hungry. Izuku sighed and let his mind quiet, his wolf followed suit and the synergy relaxed him further.

Izuku hummed and lifted his shirt to bare his chest. Kacchan ran fingers down his torso and they locked gazes. Izuku didn’t trust himself, not with his body so close to a change. But Kacchan had this look in his eyes, it said he was ready to take charge. Ready to be leaned on. 

So Izuku stretched out on Kacchan's bed and let his mate strip him of the rest of his clothes. How could he not put his trust in the person he loved the most. 

 


 

Katsuki looked down at Izuku, naked and pliant in his sheets. After their first night back in each other’s arms, he'd waited for his chance to fully reciprocate the feelings of bonding between them. Izuku had owned him, claimed him, made him feel all the shit he didn't like to fucking admit to. With no more lies, no more bullshit between them it wasn't hard to reach out and reshape their lives. 

The full moon was something that had always been a hard reset for them. The first full moon after he'd almost lost Izuku had been a re-ignition to their friendship. And every full moon after had been a reaffirmation of the bond between them. Knowing it was coming was going to help so much tonight. Katsuki had never missed one, not a single one. That was what he had been able to do for Izuku. 

Katsuki wanted to be able to do what Izuku needed though. The tranqs, the beacon for capture, and living. He could do all of that. Katsuki would damn sure do what his mate needed. Katsuki wiped his arms down to keep any sweat away, then hunted down the lube to toss onto the bed. He reached out to run hands down Izuku's tense back. The last time they had done this Katsuki had bottomed and let the wolf control it all. 

This time he was tasting the wolf's trust. 

Katsuki pressed slow kisses down the lines of Izuku's sculpted back. Tracing the warm muscles and parting his thighs to settle between them. Izuku huffed into the pillows but kept his eyes closed. Just feeling, and as their minds met, Katsuki felt all the wildness in his boyfriend. It simmered just there. Hungry for more. 

"Shit," Katsuki breathed. He poured a liberal amount of lube into the palm of his hand and took his time stretching Izuku open. He delved one then two fingers in deep when he saw just how relaxed Izuku was becoming. He knew dominating the powerful werewolf was a heady thing but being handed this much trust...it was so much better. 

Katsuki pressed a wet kiss to Izuku's lower back and drank in the moans and soft sighs Izuku made. "Just relax Izu..." 

"Katsuki..." Izuku growled and it was deep, the wolf was really just under the surface. Katsuki would never forget the way it spoke to him in Kamino Ward. As awake and alive as Izuku was. 

Katsuki added a third finger and pressed deep to graze Izuku's prostate. The werewolf arched and clenched fists in the sheets. Nothing got Katsuki's dick harder than watching his boyfriend moaning for him. He pulled his fingers free after a few passes of stretched fingers and slicked himself up, he crawled through the sheets and spread Izuku's legs further with his own. He anchored one hand on the bed and bent down to bury his face in dark green hair. Forest and fur. 

Katsuki thrust his cock between wet cheeks before he angled right and slid home. And that’s exactly what it felt like when all the aching pressure in his cock was hugged tight by the hot wet grip of Izuku's body. Katsuki choked on his emotions and the feeling of right in his chest. 

"Please...Ka-Katsuki...please." Izuku panted and that was when Katsuki realized Izuku had been begging him to move. Katsuki had to remind himself he was balls deep in his boyfriend. He needed to get his shit together before he came without even moving. Another time when Izuku wanted to play. 

Katsuki drew back and thrust back in. Never pulling back far so he could stay as deep in Izuku as possible. The slow grind of his hips pressed him right up on Izuku's prostate. The heat in his brain was matched with the static and fever of Izuku's. "Katsuki-Katsuki-Katsuki..." 

"I hear you Izuku." Katsuki breathed against an ear and mouthed at the back of his boyfriends neck. Those freckled shoulders hunched. Katsuki nosed across them as he slipped his hand from Izuku's hip and to where his cock was leaking into the sheets. He stroked Izuku through the next series of long and slow thrusts. "I fucking love you." 

"Katsuki!" Izuku gasped and shoved his face into the pillows. 

"I fucking do, you're mine," Katsuki breathed. "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. Not without me there. S' just us." 

"Just us..." Izuku breathed and arched into Katsuki's thrust. Fucking into his fist and taking Katsuki deep. "Just us..." 

"Yeah," Katsuki breathed and thrust deep. He licked over the scar on Izuku's shoulder. His scar. He sank his teeth into it and as he thrust deeper, fisted Izuku faster, he bit down harder. He increased pressure, pace, and tightness all at once until blood rushed across his tongue. That was when hot cum spilled over his fingers, and when Izuku's body sucked him in and clenched him tight. It tore Katsuki's orgasm from somewhere in his soul. It wrecked him.

He realized tears were falling from his eyes the exact moment Izuku did. So he just moved his face into Izuku's hair and slowed down to a halting pace two wring out the last of his orgasm. "I love you Katsuki. Never forget that." 

"I won't." Katsuki said as he gave in to the frantic emotions in his chest. Just this moment. "I'll be what you need." 

"You're already just what I need." Izuku waited until he pulled back to roll swiftly in his arms and plant a kiss on Katsuki's lips. "You always have been." 

"Fuck you Deku." Katsuki closed his eyes on his blush. He just couldn't look at those fucking eyes like that. He pressed his forehead to Izuku's and just let himself breathe. Izuku ran his claws into Katsuki's hair in response. "Love you too." 

 


 

"Tch, this ain’t a fuckin' party." Katsuki glared at the class as they watched Izuku and the two other werewolves scent each other on the front stoop of the dorm. One lanky but large blond wolf, one small but stocky black one. Izuku sat down and looked off to the school. "He said go fuckin' run, he's going to stay on house arrest." 

Aizawa looked up with glowing red eyes. All Might's blue ones were paired with a tilted head. Deku stood up and padded back to the dorm where everyone scrambled back like they weren't fucking useless ass spies. So! some fucking heroes.

"You put us on house arrest. He'll monitor the pack bonds and if you need help he'll come. But this is how we usually spent the full moons. You don't even have to run; you can just fucking sleep." Aizawa huffed. 

Aizawa trotted over to where Present Mic was leaning on the dorm wall. "Don't look at me, I'm the den mother tonight." 

Aizawa huffed and moved back to All Might, they jostled each other before they took off across the school grounds. Izuku nudged Katsuki and he followed hid wolf into the common area. A pile of pillows and blankets from both of their rooms had made up a large nest beneath the tv.

"So, you guys usually do this?" Kirishima asked. 

"We usually just watch movies or the news." Katsuki watched as Izuku sat down outside the common area and reared his massive wolf head back. "Oi, if you're fucking pack, let him scent you." 

Katsuki glared his will into place as Four Eyes and IcyHot let the giant wolf scent them. Closely followed by Round Face and Birdy. Katsuki sifted through the impressions filtering into his mind and looked over at Octopus.

"Oi, you too Ninja Arms." Birdy looked over at the largest of their class curiously. Izuku just nudged himself up under all six arms and huffed happily. "Shitty Hair, Sparky, you too." 

"Wha-?" Kirishima blinked. 

"Your pack?" Katsuki looked at the Beta challengingly. Kirishima just nodded and ran over to the large wolf. He hardened up right as Izuku rolled him under him and laid on the crimson haired Beta like an errant pup. 

"Am I pack?" Kaminari asked incredulously. 

"Did I stutter?" Katsuki glared and Kaminari flinched and ran over to where Izuku had let Kirishima up. The others hovered but Katsuki didn't invite them over, not until Deku had allowed it. 

Finally they were done. Katsuki lifted his tablet and phone and settled himself into the nest of blankets. Izuku flopped behind him and wrapped around to lay his head on Katsuki's lap.

"All Might or the news?" Deku let out a great huff and nudged his elbow once. "News it is." 

Katsuki didn't pay anyone any more attention. The pack settled into the nest around them and just watched as Deku let him pet his ears with barely concealed envy. Too bad, Deku was his to pet. Sure enough everyone else settled onto the couches to watch. It was gonna be pretty boring though. 

Halfway through the night the two wolves returned, and Present Mic let them in. Then the hero sat down at the edge of the group and both wolves made their way over to settle in with Deku. Only then did Katsuki lean his head back on his werewolf boyfriend's back and let himself drift to sleep. 

 


 

Izuku breezed through his last day of house arrest. He turned in his apology letter to Aizawa-Sensei feeling more contrite than he was originally. He also felt blissfully claimed by his mate. He felt as if he'd thoroughly cemented the fact that Kacchan was his in his mind. And while anxious to get back to class, he still spent a while the morning he got to wear his uniform scenting his mate and calming himself down. 

"Get lost nerd." Kacchan grumbled. Izuku nodded and headed off to the main campus. Everyone had already headed up early so when he entered the classroom he bowed at the waist and addressed his class. 

"Guys l, I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused." Izuku apologized. 

"No sweat Deku, thanks for your hard work!" Uraraka waved. 

"All he did was vacuum." Jirou rolled her eyes. 

"Class Rep Iida, I'm sorry I disappointed you!" Izuku was attempting once more to impose on his Delta. 

"Right, well I'm glad you learned from your mistakes!" Iida pumped a fist. "Don't violate the rules form now on." 

"I'll catch up on everything I fell behind on these past three days!" Izuku exclaimed determined. 

"That's the spirit! Do it man!" Kirishima cheered. 

"Time to take your seats everyone." Aizawa-Sensei grumbled as he walked up directly behind Izuku. While his inner wolf was soothed, Izuku felt it was a reminder that he was still a student now. Izuku rushed to his seat to avoid angering his teacher further.

"Morning. Now that Midoriya is back we'll go into more detail about what the work studies entail. Go ahead and come in. I'll have people who've experienced them first hand explain. I suggest you listen closely as they point out how work studies differ from internships." Aizawa-Sensei spoke. 

The door opened and three students walked in and Izuku's eyes widened as he saw the creepy face from his first day of house arrest! He was flanked by a girl with blue hair, and a dark-haired boy who shuffled behind. 

"These three are third years at UA. They rank in the top of our student body." Aizawa-Sensei explained as the three students walked to the front of the black board. "You may know them as the big three."

"The Big Three...and it's him." Izuku breathed. Izuku ramped up his senses and inhaled deeply of the bulky teen who had spoken to him as a disembodied face. He smelled like something ephemeral. Like how All Might varied between night and day in summer, this teen smelled like life. He smelled like freshness, sunlight, and home. How could he smell like that? Or smell like nothing at all when he was looking out of the wall and ground?  

*

Notes:

Sweet gods of anime, mirio is the fucking best. I love his creepy eyes. Like look at you naked after using your quirk... Continue.

Mirio is fanservice. Good fanservice. Especially since he's one of my fave characters. I just love how well written he is.

Chapter 70: Unrivaled

Summary:

Izuku meets the Big Three

Notes:

Okay, so...last chapter of the anime. OMG I can't believe we got here. So much work went into this.

So a couple of things.

First, sorry I was gone for a few days. My internet was down and we couldn't figure out what was wrong. The only writing I managed to do was on my phone with phone signal instead of wifi. So I held off doing a bunch until it was fixed. Turns out whoever set it up was an idiot and fucked it all up. It was sending a loop of internet between my home router, and the gaming router, effectively interfering in the signals until they crapped out. But that's fixed so there is a big drop of stuff happening today.

Second, I'm going to take about a week or so off to get this behemoth totally re-edited for any grammar and spelling errors I missed. I'm going to post up a few one shots that I've been playing around with. I'm also going to catch up Werewolf Adjustments. Then I think I'm going to move into the manga. I just don't want to wait until April to start continuing with this. So there will be no super long hiatus. Just a week or two of me cleaning this up and getting some shit out of my brain space so I can focus on the manga and bump out some work for that.

Thank you to everyone who has been reading, I'm glad to have you all here enjoying it. I really didn't think this was going to hit anyone's buttons, but here we are, 70 chapters in and I'm kind of in love with it. So lets hop to it everyone. <3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The class chattered around Izuku, but he wasn't focused on their excitement over the Big Three. He was busy cataloguing their scents. The girl smelled like flowers, like jasmine. And the other male, the one with black hair smelled like Takoyaki. But it was the one Izuku was interested in that he was still inhaling. Sunlight and mornings at home, the freshness though...that reminded him of shaving cream. Interesting. 

Now that Izuku was looking at him he did recognize this student. Only going by his face embedded in the ground hadn't lent to an easy identification. But he would never forget now. Izuku remembered watching him in the sports festival the year prior. He hadn't done very well but Izuku remembered watching him struggle during a track race with his pants after his quirk made him lose his entire gym uniform. He certainly made a strong impression.

As Izuku looked at the other two students he remembered that none of these three took home any medals that year. But yet, they were still UA's Big Three. Izuku's wolf looked through his eyes curiously. How had they obtained that title? 

"Get to it, introduce yourselves briefly." Aizawa-Sensei ordered. "Let's start with Amajiki." 

Izuku sensed a sudden wave of nervousness bleeding through the air. It woke the predator animal in him, making the scent of food appetizing. What the hell?

But the look that slipped out of Amajiki-Senpai was intense. It made Izuku suddenly feel like the prey his senses screamed he was, suddenly became the predator. How was that possible? The look was so intense Izuku's hackles raised as if he were under threat. This was a member of the Big Three!

"It's no good." Amajiki-Senpai said and the intensity faded. Izuku relaxed as he noticed the trembling of the third year as he addressed his companions. "You two go, I just can't. Even if I try to imagine them as potatoes, I can see their human bodies. I know that they're still people. No words are coming out, my mind's blank, and my mouth is dry. I can't say anything, I want to go home."

He twisted around and gave his back to the class. That weak emotion bled out of him as his whole-body tremble. He shoved his hands into his pockets and shifted his shoulders inwards, so his head was ducked down. Izuku's inner wolf went wild with the feeling of opportunity to attack.  

Izuku understood then, anxiety, that's what that strange scent was. No wonder Izuku's wolf thought he was prey. Anxiety was a scent of weakness, a way to pick off a target from the herd. Izuku chastised his wolf, this third year was clearly one of the Big Three for a reason. No matter what his body language or scent said, there was something about him that made him an elite. Izuku did not want to find out what it was, not by mistaking him for prey. Izuku may be a werewolf, but his human mind noticed things like that. He was not going to be fooled by his own instincts. 

"Okay...so, um, are you really one of UA's top heroes?" Ojiro asked. 

"Ah ha ha! Come on Amajiki, you need to have the heart of a lion, not a kitten! You know, even though you’re human, you know what I mean?" The girl laughed. She turned and waved to the nervous teen beside her as he looked at the wall. "This is our kitten Amajiki. And hi, my name is Hadou Nejire. I'm supposed to talk about work studies. You first years have a really exciting time ahead of you. Hey wait, hold on!" 

She shuffled forward and bent down to look into Shoji's eyes. "How come you're wearing a mask? Is it because you're feeling sick? Or just because you're trying to look cool?" 

Izuku tilted his head as everyone tensed up as one. They had never seen Shoji's face, Izuku assumed it had something to do with his quirk. His mutation was rather extensive. And she just up and asked out of the blue?!

"Uh well-..." Shoji looked around frantically but she had already moved to look down the aisle with wide eyes. 

"Oh wow, you must be Todoroki!" She leaned her head to the side. "How'd you get that big burn on your face?"

"Unhh...that's none of your-," Todoroki mumbled but she was once again turning.  She had no shame! Izuku boggled at her. 

"And Ashido, if your horns break off do you think you can grow new ones? And can you wiggle them?" She asked then immediately looked to Izuku, he tensed but her attention was on Mineta behind him. "Mineta are those balls your hair or what I don't get it? How do you get a haircut? Oh-Oh, Asui you're a tree frog not a gross toad right?"

She bounced in place with a wide inquisitive smile. Was this what he was like when he asked about everyone's quirks? Was he this eccentric? His mumbling was weird. "There's so much I want to know about every one of you." She grinned broadly. "Let’s have a Q & A!" 

"She's a total airhead, even cuter." Kaminari gushed. 

"All these questions make her sound so young." Ashido giggled. 

"She wants to know everything about my balls. I'll spill my secrets, come get up close and personal!" Mineta must have crossed into a new level of perverseness. Someone actually showed him a bit of attention. Izuku sighed, how were they going to reign him in now?

"Calm down." Sero huffed at Mineta. 

"Hey! Ojiro, can you support your entire body weight with that tail of yours?" Hadou-Senpai asked as she looked down at the blond teen in his seat. "Ohh, come on tell me, I really wanna know."

Izuku stiffened when he felt Aizawa-Sensei's patience run out. He was looking to the third teen seriously. "This is completely irrational." 

"Oh!" The blond jumped and lifted a hand placatingly, then he pumped a thumbs up towards himself a few times. "There's no need to worry Eraserhead, I'm up next and I'll get the audience refocused." 

He turned to them all and dramatically drew attention, "The future's gonna be?!" He popped a hand to his hip and bent forward with his hand over his ear. Was he waiting for a response?! 

"Gonna be what?" Kaminari asked. 

"Grim! That's your part guys. Aw crap, my call and response was a total fail." He scrubbed the back of his head, but it didn't dim the smile on his face even a little. He laughed and moved up to the podium, "Okay, you guys look like you have no idea what's going on. I guess we are just third years who showed up in your classroom to explain a program that's completely voluntary. I can see how you'd be confused by that." 

He lifted a hand to his chin in thought and Izuku took all three of them in. They were so weird but considering what he knew of All Might and Gran Torino, maybe that wasn't all that unusual. Aizawa-Sensei preferred to be a human caterpillar sometimes too.

"You guys got your provisional licenses as first years right? Huh, this batch of first years has proved to be pretty darn energetic." He smiled darkly. "So the problem is, you must not have a sense of humor. That's why my joke didn't land."

Izuku froze as Hadou-Senpai and Amajiki Senpai looked over at their blond companion. "Don't do it." Amajiki-Senpai warned. 

The blond third year threw his fist up into the air. "Heads up, the rad new plan is-... all you first years fight me at once." 

"Huh?!" The class asked all at once. 

"You wanna fight us?!" Kirishima gasped. 

"What, like right now?" Sero questioned. 

Izuku was busy looking at this blond third year. Who was this guy?

"Well if you want them to experience what we experience this is a pretty rational way of doing it." He rubbed a finger over his nose as he looked at Aizawa-Sensei. Clearly pandering to their teacher's sense of logic. "Right Eraserhead? Rational?"

"Do whatever you want." Aizawa-Sensei said after a long moment. Izuku felt his wolf wilt, their teacher was so scary, he gave in just like that. He suddenly felt very apprehensive. 

 


 

As confused as everyone was, as they gathered in gym gamma, Izuku was even more nervous. There was a reason these three were in the Big Three, they were almost heroes. Their third year senpai was stretching across from them in his own gym uniform. 

"Is he for real?" Sero asked. 

"Oh yeah!" He called cheerily, "Totes real!" 

Izuku he wasn't sure what kind of quirk he had. But Izuku's wolf burned with caution. This person, as strange as he was, didn't have a scent when he was using his quirk. That had to be the only explanation for it. 

"Mirio! You're impossible." Amajiki-Senpai called from where he was facing one of the gym walls. Still nervous? Izuku wondered about that third year. He felt weak, looked weak, but Izuku couldn't forget that brush of what felt like a bigger predator. "It would have been simple enough for us to just tell them. This is what it's like, here's what we learned from it. Not everyone has your level of drive. Plus, look at how bad it'll be if some of them can't recover. They'll spend the next few years in a hospital bed."

"Huh?" Mineta asked. But Izuku had whipped his gaze back to their blond third year, Mirio? Miro-Senpai was that dangerous?

"I bet he's just trying to psyche us out." Kirishima said warily. Izuku's instincts were going haywire though. 

"Hey-Hey, listen up its story time!" Hadou-Senpai said from where she was poking Ashido's horns. Their pink classmate was blushing awkwardly. "Long ago a student got frustrated in class and quit being a hero, it was terrible for everyone. Did you know that? So Togata, I know our job is tough, but you better make sure you know what you're doing. Be careful okay?" 

"Please stop touching me." Ashido whined. 

"Let's think about this, you're obviously much further ahead than us. But we've fought pros before." Tokoyami said. Izuku wanted to agree, but that was all by the skin of their teeth. Izuku didn't think they could compare themselves to third years at all. Not when he himself had so far to go. 

"Yeah, not to mention we took down some legitimate villains." Kirishima threw in, Izuku was suddenly glad Kacchan was out for the day. It would suck that he wasn't a part of this, but Kacchan would have totally run in with his explosions blazing. "I don't think you need to worry about hurting us. We're not a bunch of wannabes." 

"Hmm, I see. But you're gonna haveta show me that’s the truth." Mirio-Senpai looked aside. "Now, who's gonna start this party?"

"I've got this." Kirishima grinned and lifted his hand but Izuku had already stepped up. 

"No, I'm first." Izuku wanted to face a bigger opponent. He'd fallen behind and wanted to catch up, he had something to prove.

Amajiki-Senpai said this was something they could have just been told. But Izuku could see Mirio-Senpai didn't agree. He was here to show them what they learned in their work study. Izuku wanted to see what that was himself. He needed to know exactly how far behind he was from his goal. 

"Hey! You stole my thunder!" Kirishima whined. Izuku didn't care, he'd claim alpha privilege for the chance to have this lesson beaten into him.

"View this as a learning experience." Aizawa-Sensei called over the gym. "It's a good opportunity for you all." 

"Oh, the problem child." Mirio-Senpai looked at him and Izuku met his gaze challengingly. "Yes, this is perfect, I heard you've got plenty of fire in ya!"

Izuku stretched his arms above his head to limber up a bit. This was a top student in UA, if Izuku was going to spar at all, this was an amazing opponent. Especially since he'd had to completely change his fighting style. Izuku crouched low and looked ahead as Full Cowl rippled over his human body. How would Izuku fare against Mirio-Senpai at his current level? How much distance was between them?

"The close combat team should surround him first thing." Sato called from behind Izuku. They had taken to fighting as a unit thanks to the licensing exam. That was good, it could really help them last longer in a fight. It grounded Izuku further. They could fight like a pack. 

"We've got ourselves a new mentor." Kirishima boasted. "Thanks for the opportunity man. The opportunity to kick your-!" 

Izuku sprung forward, his gaze intent on his opponent. But as soon as he drew close he startled midair. All of Mirio-Senpai's clothes started to fall through his body like he was immaterial. Jirou screamed from behind him. Sero's voice barked out right behind hers, "Why did your clothes fall off?!" 

"Oopsie!" Mirio-Senpai reached down to tug his pants back up. "My quirk is kind of tricky." 

Izuku felt his gaze sharpen in the air as he closed the distance. That was a bad move, he was totally open. Izuku swung his leg in a Shoot Style kick and was shocked when his foot went straight through Mirio-Senpai's head. Izuku landed and looked up sharply. His quirk let things pass through him, that was an amazing power! 

What was Izuku's next move? How could he combat that?

"Went for the face huh?" Mirio-Senpai grinned at him. That was the exact moment a combined attack from Ashido, Sero, and Aoyama streaked towards him. Izuku saw however, that he became immaterial again. That time he wasn't even looking! Izuku hissed as the attack hit the concrete cliffs still in place. Izuku couldn't scent him and now they couldn't see him!

"What is this?!" Iida gasped. "Where'd he go?!" 

Izuku picked up on the sunlight scent in a split second. He twisted towards it to see Mirio-Senpai right behind Jirou. At the back of their entire class. How did he get there?! "I think I'll start by taking out the long-distance fighters." 

Jirou screamed again and Izuku assumed he was naked again. Phasing made him lose his clothing, that made sense. Everything passed though him, but how did he close that distance so fast?

"He warped?" Shoji gasped as he turned. 

"His power isn't just slipping through things!" Sato exclaimed. 

"How did he luck out with such a good quirk?!" Kirishima demanded as they ran through the class to get in close to fight. 

"You're wrong." Izuku paused before he joined them. His sharp hearing cut through the noise to where Amajiki-Senpai was facing the wall, "Mirio's quirk isn't what you should be jealous of. You should be envying his skills, that's what sets him apart, first years." 

Skills?

Izuku gaped as Mirio-Senpai moved through the class like a nude wraith. He dodged Tokoyami covered in Dark Shadow without looking. He delivered a staggering punch to Izuku's packmate. Mineta and Sero fell instantly after with similar punches to the gut. 

"Mirio did a work study with a hero but didn't stop there." Amajiki-Senpai explained as Asui, Ashido, and Aoyama fell to the same attack. "He kept building himself up." 

Shoji, Yaoyorozu, Jirou, and Kaminari went down like that too. Izuku's eyes widened, it was like he was there but then he wasn't. He even collected his pants and put them on as he posed. "Power!" 

"Togata Mirio," Aizawa-Sensei spoke and Izuku looked at his teacher in shock. "In my opinion, he's the one closest to the Number One Hero spot. That's including the pros." 

He'd taken out more half the class in an instant. Izuku's senses couldn't even keep up with him. Was this the difference two years made? Izuku was going to have to focus, he directed his attention to Mirio-Senpai. 

"I think that's it for the long-distance fighters." Mirio-Senpai said as he looked over all of their fallen classmates. He turned and it felt like Izuku was facing a more powerful rogue wolf. "Now all that's left are the ones who specialize in close quarters combat." 

"I have no idea how he just did that." Kirishima gritted out.

"It's one thing to phase through things but warping too?!" Uraraka gasped. 

"He’s unrivaled, do we even stand a chance?" Ojiro asked. 

Izuku wasn't sure it was warping, it had to be in his ability to phase through things. But how was he doing it? Mirio-Senpai stretched his arms and lowered into a dangerous looking fighting stance. "Hold the flattery." 

"There's more to his quirk than were seeing." Izuku spoke up and some of the classmates closest to him looked back. Everyone was listening though. "Whether his true power is in slipping though matter, or if he is warping himself through space. Either way he is landing his attacks directly. We should be able to counter; in the moment he makes contact." 

Izuku unzipped his jacket and let his body morph into his werewolf form. He looked up with glowing eyes to their opponent. "Even if we can’t tell what he's doing, we should theorize on what we do know. And use that knowledge to find a way to beat him." 

"Yeah, you said it." Kirishima nodded as everyone turned back to their opponent. "Being house arrested sure didn’t put a dent in your fighting spirit!" 

"Let's see if you can figure out how to win!" Mirio-Senpai called as he started to sprint towards them. Izuku watched him closely, looking for the moment he would use his quirk. There was going to be a way to figure it out. Izuku just had to be vigilant. The wolf hunting his prey. 

Suddenly out of nowhere Mirio-Senpai slipped into the ground like he was falling, his pants flew off behind him.

"He went under!" Sato yelled. 

Izuku felt his hackles raise. He didn't actually see it, but this was how Mirio-Senpai got to the other side of the gym without anyone noticing. It wasn't warping at all was it? Izuku looked down and his eyes slipped to the space behind him. He was going to come up right behind him. Izuku twisted and Full Cowl flowed over him just as Mirio-Senpai shot into the air behind their group. 

Izuku threw out his leg in a kick towards the third year's face. Mirio-Senpai's hand swept up into Izuku's leg, "Watch this, an Ultimate Move!" Mirio-Senpai exclaimed with a feral grin spreading across his previously surprised face. That hand swept through Izuku's body angling right for his face. He could control his ability to slip through things, there was no other explanation! "Blinder Touch Eyeball Crush!" 

Izuku saw the finger aiming towards his eye; in reflex he flinched and closed his eyes defensively. A cold shiver went through his body, was that Mirio-Senpai? A fist drove up suddenly and buried itself into his stomach. 

"I discovered that most people try to launch a counter attack like you did!" Mirio-Senpai said as Izuku looked down in a stunned stupor. He hit like a truck! He was already sinking back into the ground. "So naturally I learned to work around such moves! Nice try though!" 

Izuku hit the ground and Full Cowl sputtered off of him. "Midoriya!" Iida yelled. 

"Damn!" That was Kirishima.

Izuku struggled to right his body but suddenly his transformation started to recede. He wasn't even in that much pain why was that happening?! Izuku watched as Mirio-Senpai moved through the rest of the class with single blows that took them all out. Izuku sputtered and his inner wolf snarled indignantly. What a level gap this was.

"Power!" Mirio-Senpai yelled over them all triumphantly.

 


 

Everyone spent a while recovering and Izuku was the first back up. His body had started healing the huge bruise settling into his skin. But the exercise was over. Izuku spent some time helping each of them to their feet. 

"I tried to make it so you wouldn't see my willy! Sorry if you got a peek though." Mirio-Senpai laughed as he addressed them with a shy grin. "But anyway, that's a taste of what it's like to fight me." 

"We all just got punched in the stomach without ever knowing what was going on." Izuku grumbled as he pressed his human hands to his abdomen. That punch made him think of what All Might could do with just his regular strength. 

"Right, so what do you think? Isn't my quirk strong?" Mirio-Senpai asked like he hadn't just tried to drive Izuku's insides into his spine. 

"It's too strong!" Sero yelled. 

"That's not fair! Mine's nothing in comparison." Hagakure shrieked. 

"How can you slip through things and warp? Do you have two powers like Todoroki does?!" Ashido demanded. 

"Nope, just the one." Mirio-Senpai said pleasantly.

"Just one..." Izuku's mind worked over it in his head.

"Ooh! I know I'll tell you what his quirk is!" Hadou-Senpai jumped in front of her fellow third year excitedly.  "Hey-Hey, can I say it? Permeation! Cool right?!" 

"Hadou, let Mirio explain his own quirk." Amajiki-Senpai admonished even while he refused to look at them. 

"That's right! I've got a sweet quirk called Permeation." Mirio-Senpai grinned proudly at them. "What you all thought was warping is really just an alternative application of that power." 

The female third year tugged on his jacket with puffed up cheeks in irritation. "Oh, sorry Hadou." 

"So how exactly do you warp?" Izuku asked already hating using that word. It felt like a poor description of what Mirio-Senpai's quirk was like. His hands lifted absently in desire for his notebooks. 

"I activate my quirk through my entire body, then I can pass through anything I want. Everything, and that includes solid ground." Mirio-Senpai explained as he tapped his toes on the ground for emphasis. 

"So that was you falling through the floor of the gym." Uraraka asked. Izuku nodded emphatically, he'd figured that out in the middle of the fight, but he couldn't figure out how he ended up behind Izuku or Jirou. 

"That's right, I went deep underground. Then whenever I release my quirk while I'm falling something super strange happens!" Mirio-Senpai laughed. "Apparently things with mass can't overlap in the same space. That's just physics, so I get repelled upward. Think of it like this, the ground spits me out and I fly up into the air. That's how my warp works. By adjusting where I'm facing or the pose I'm holding, I can change the angle I come out at and land in different spots." 

Izuku gaped in awe. That was so amazing. 

"That sounds like a buggy video game." Ashido pouted. 

"Ah ha ha! That's pretty funny." Oh, Mirio-Senpai didn't like that comparison huh? Izuku felt his wolf sit up interested in their senpai. 

"You're able to avoid any attacks, and you can move around in an instant. You were born with a really strong quirk." Ashido praised. 

"Not true." Mirio-Senpai's voice took on an edge of seriousness. "My power is only strong because I made it that way. While my quirk is activated my lungs can't take in oxygen. Even if I breathe in the air will just pass through. In the same way my eardrums don't work, and light can't go through my retinas. I can pass through everything, but that means that I can't feel anything while I'm in that state. Even though I have a body, I can't stop falling. I could probably keep going down forever. Does that make sense?"

Izuku was shocked, that sounded terrifying. Izuku couldn't imagine not being able to use any of his senses. In the middle of a fight, relying on your senses was vital. Being unable to sense anything was a major handicap. 

"That's why if I wanna go through something, like say a wall, I have to concentrate really hard." Mirio-Senpai elaborated. "I'll activate everything except a leg, step through and land on the other leg and then pull myself through. Even for a simple movement like that, there's a lot of steps involved." 

"Oh man, if I were in a hurry I'd mess that up every single time." Kaminari said. 

"Seriously, if you can't feel anything how are you supposed to move?" Mineta asked. 

"Growing up I was always behind, as you might expect." Mirio-Senpai spoke, he lifted his hand to point above him before he pointed to his head rapidly. "In no time I dropped to dead last. I dropped my pants a lot too. In order to get to the top with this quirk, I couldn't just hope that things would get better. I had to think. I learned to make combat decisions and picked up a few new tricks. But above all I learned to predict what would happen next. And the thing that made those predictions possible was experience. I based my predictions on what I learned. It's kind of a round-a-bout way to get my point across, that's why I wanted to fight. That way you would learn through experience instead of words." 

Izuku hung on those words. His situation was so like Izuku's own. In middle school he'd been dead last in everything but studies. He'd done everything he could not to use his werewolf quirk for anything other than his senses. The difference was that Mirio-Senpai persevered on his own. Izuku had to have All Might show him the way to reawaken his drive. The drive his father had already reawakened the night he died. 

"In our work studies we're not treated as guests like we we are in our internships." Mirio-Senpai explained. "We're regarded as sidekicks or even as pros. That can be super scary, pros can get hurt, or they could even watch people die. But every scary or dangerous thing you go through is an important experience you can't get inside a classroom. Even at UA. I transformed the experience I got in my work study, into power. That's how I got to the top spot. And that's why I think they're worth it, even if you're scared. So, you with me first years?"

Izuku marveled at this third year, this amazing student who was literally everything Izuku wanted to be. Turning experience into power. Izuku needed to think of how to do that. How to become better. This work study was going to be the way to do it. 

"He even gives pep talks like a pro." Ojiro clapped drawing the others into applause. 

"I can't believe he went through all of this for us. Even though he could have just explained it." Yaoyorozu gushed. 

"I guess these are different, I did feel like I was missing out on stuff at my internship." Kaminari mused. 

"Yeah, they tried not to let us do anything too dangerous." Jirou agreed. 

"I guess it won't be that way during our work studies." Sero spoke thoughtfully. 

"And now that we’ve got our licenses we'll be treated like pros once we're on the scene." Iida nodded. 

"We'll just have to prepare ourselves for that." Sato added in. 

"That's just what I wanted." Kirishima punched his fist into his hand excitedly. 

"Yeah, this is great!" Hagakure cheered. "All of us came to UA because we want to be pro heroes right?" 

"Let's get back to class now!" Aizawa-Sensei cut through the rest of the chatter and Izuku looked over to his teacher. "Say thank you." 

Izuku joined everyone else as they bowed gratefully to the third years. "Thank you very much!" 

Izuku was still in awe of Mirio-Senpai as the third years left. At first his quirk had held him back and he'd overcome that. He made the most of it and piled on his experience to predict actions. He wasn't born strong and he worked incredibly hard to get to the place he was in. Izuku wasn't born with either of his quirks. He had to work just as hard, if not more, to live up to the heroes who were born with their quirk. 

Izuku wanted to match the amount of effort Mirio-Senpai put forth into his own growth. He wanted to be that driven, that strong himself. Togata Mirio, third year, Izuku would remember the teen who smelled like Sunlight, freshness, and home. 

 


 

"HEY!" Kacchan's voice snarled from the common room. "If you got trash bring it here right now!" 

"Bakugou, thanks!" Kirishima called. 

"SURE!" Kacchan made that sound like he was put out and grateful at the same time. 

"I've got some as well?" Tokoyami said. 

"HAND IT OVER!" 

"Mine too!" Kaminari called. 

"Me too!" Sero joined in. 

Izuku watched as all of the boys appeared with their trash. Kacchan was trembling in his attempt to reign in an outburst. "You bastards it's like you've been hoarding this for weeks!" 

Izuku shook his head and sent a wave of amusement to his mate before he headed for the elevators. He rode up to his floor and walked to his room. Once settled on his bed his mind swam with everything that happened. Aizawa-Sensei told them that they'd learned about what a work study was, but not if they were going to be allowed to participate. The teachers still had to decide on it, and how to handle it with the media breathing down their necks. 

Izuku wasn't just going to sit around and wait, he needed to take the initiative. He lifted his phone from his pocket and called Gran Torino. "Yes, what can I help you with?" 

Hearing the elder was a relief, Izuku was glad he sounded okay. He launched into an explanation of what he had been told and what would be expected should the go ahead be given. 

"Huh, work study? Wait, who is this again?" Izuku growled, he wasn't going to fall for that anymore. He might not be there, but that feeble act wasn't going to work on him. 

"I was wondering if you were taking anyone for the program Gran Torino?" Izuku loosened his tie as he asked. 

"Oh ho ho, finally remembered who I am did you big shot?" Gran Torino groused. "Sorry kid, I'm working on something else right now so I can't help you out. Oh, I remember who you are, you're that useless successor who failed at the sports festival." 

Ah, did he have to rub it in?! Izuku shifted awkwardly and whined. Izuku's mind went to how Kacchan had fought him, baffled and irritated that Izuku had lost despite having All Might's power. And he was right. "It's because I've been so useless that I need to do whatever I can to get closer to being number one." 

"Way to make something obvious sound cool there sport." Gran Torino huffed a chuckle, "But why don't you go ask your master about it instead of calling me? He is supposed to be devoting himself to teaching now that he's retired right?"

"But, Aizawa-Sensei said that we should use the connections we got from our internships." Izuku explained. 

"You can sure, but that doesn't mean you have to go that route." Gran Torino chuckled again. "Don't you think that All Might can introduce you to a bunch of new people? First one that comes to mind is his former side kick."

Izuku gasped as his mind tore down all of his All Might knowledge to the time All Might did have a side kick. Sir Nighteye. 

*

Notes:

Guys... Guys... Mirio is like the best. And Amajiki... I want to pinch his precious cheeks. And then make them kiss because that ship... So good.

Fun fact, the idea of falling forever is like my greatest fear. I once had a crazy nightmare where I was forced into some doomsday cannon where I was shot into the earth and continued to move with infinate momentum forever. Eeh, gives me chills even now.

Chapter 71: The Scoop On UA Class 1-A

Summary:

A reporter visits Class 1-A

Notes:

OMG were back!

This was supposed to happen in like April! I got totally engrossed in Underground Hero, and then With Honor Comes Redemption. Still gonna work on those.

Updates! My kiddo is extra independent but very energetic. So my update schedule will follow anime releases for this fic, that way I'm still involved with him and I'm updating this as well. I want to stay on top of it and I didn't feel like how I was working on the chapters solely on the manga was fleshed out enough.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku couldn't stop thinking about what Gran Torino said. Kacchan was back to class and his steely determination was a comfort in the back of Izuku's mind. It kept him focused despite how he was still reeling from the notion of possibly seeking out Sir Nighteye for his internships.

He wasn't going all out in their physical training, too engrossed in his own thoughts. All Might had sent them pretty much back to basics with cardio and muscle training. Kacchan was pushing ahead desperate to get back on par with everyone, the same way Izuku had wanted to. His inner wolf kept them on track while Izuku puzzled out what to do regarding his internship. 

Kacchan was right, Izuku had a responsibility with One For All. He had to get better, his dream was so much more broad than it had ever been now. More than proving he would never be like Lycan, more than being the hero his father would look up to, and more than just being All Might's Successor. He was going to have to do everything to master One For All, make it his own the way he had the werewolf quirk. 

Before the next day started and they headed down to breakfast as a group they were greeted in the main room by Aizawa-Sensei. The other werewolf looked tired and more than a little done. But he came bearing news all the same. 

"A newspaper?" Everyone asked in unison. 

"Yeah, they want to do a feature on your class for some reason." Aizawa-Sensei shrugged as if he just didn't understand why anyone would want to be interviewed. Izuku suspected and theorized this was more than his Underground Hero principals demanded. The Zeta just didn't seem like he liked reporters at all. 

"Isn't that amazing Deku?!" Uraraka beamed at him. His Delta always settled him with her enthusiasm. 

"Um-hm." Izuku agreed with a gentle smile at her. 

"That's kinda surprising huh?" Kaminari grinned. 

"Ah, not really." Kirishima tucked his hands behind his head with a shrug.

"Yeah I mean the Sports Festival was on TV." Ojiro remarked.

"We've gotta look super cute in case they want to take our picture." Hagakure exclaimed.

"For sure!" Ashido pumped her fists.

"I think you'll be just fine Hagakure." Jirou assured.

"That's enough." Aizawa-Sensei growled and even Izuku snapped to attention at the tone of his teacher.

"Yes sir!" Most of the class intoned.

"It's nothing too exciting." The older wolf's voice softened. "The article is about how you're settling in, adjusting to dorm life, that kind of thing. Principal Nedzu thought it would be a good idea. This will show your parents and guardians that you're happy here. Maybe set a few minds at rest."

"Newscasters are usually hot. This is awesome right?" Mineta's voice distracted Izuku.

"They said it was for a paper." Sero replied to dissuade Mineta's line of thought.

"If she wants to write an article about my sticky balls, I'll give her an all access pass!" Mineta slurred as if he were drooling. Izuku sighed as an uncomfortable shiver team down his spine.

Suddenly Aizawa-Sensei reached into his scarf and the capture weapon unraveled. In an instant Mineta was wrapped up and their werewolf teacher glared at the pervert. "I expect you all to be on your best behavior today."

"Don't worry on my account Aizawa-San." A new voice drew Izuku's attention as a thin man walked from the front door towards where they were gathered. "I want to get a feel for what dorm life is really like. So there's no reason for them to act any different than normal."

"I didn't say you could come in yet." Aizawa-Sensei growled lowly. Something protective and wolf-like rose in his tone. Izuku tugged on their pack bond and sent soothing reassurances to the hero. He appreciated Aizawa-Sensei being so protective of them. They were his responsibility; he took that seriously. Izuku rumbled low and beneath human hearing. Aizawa-Sensei's wolf recognized his tone and settled. Besides, this was just a reporter not an interloper.

"I was told I had from 8 am to 6 pm." The reporter pointed to his watch. "Unless my watch was wrong."

Aizawa-Sensei met the reporters eyes despite the blatant challenge being thrown his way. Izuku stiffened as the reporter just sidled up and turned to look at them. Izuku felt his hackles rise, that wasn't a concession, it was a deliberate challenge to Aizawa-Sensei's authority. Izuku looked at his pack mate who just released his capture weapon and it released Mineta to slither back to him. The air felt tense.

"Hello everyone, my name is Tokuda Taneo, I'm looking forward to learning more about you all." The man ducked into a quick bow in greeting.

"Nice to meet you." A few of Izuku's classmates bowed back but Izuku didn't budge. His wolf wasn't impressed. 

"As I said, you don't need to do anything special." Tokuda said with an amiable smile. "Just go about your day exactly as you would normally. The camera will do most of the work. I might ask an occasional question or two, and I hope you'll answer."

The man shot a smile at the class and Ashido gasped. "He's got such a nice smile."

"That is so not a woman." Mineta pouted.

"Ah what to do? My sparkling personality will undoubtedly draw the camera like a moth to a flame." Aoyama sighed with a put-upon tone.

"Yeah, undoubtedly." Sato replied with a sarcastic sigh.

"Principal Nedzu had probably already spoken to you about this. But I want to make sure you don't interfere in anyway. No offense-..." Tokuda said and Izuku's eyes narrowed. Aizawa-Sensei's wolf bared it's teeth through eyes just beginning to glow wolf bright. But Aizawa-Sensei himself just lifted a hand to cut the reporter off.

"I understand. If you need anything just let me know." Aizawa-Sensei spoke low and calm. Izuku preened at the control over the wolf Aizawa-Sensei had.

"I'm sure I'm in very capable hands." The reporter smiled again. "This is class 1-A after all, everyone student here is a promising hero candidate."

"Iida, if there's a problem let me know immediately. Got it?" Aizawa-Sensei dismissed the reporter with as arrogant a shift in attention as had been given to him. Handing it off to Iida settled both human and wolf minds. Iida was Delta as well as class president after all. If anyone was capable of keeping everything together, it was Iida. Izuku relaxed from his anxious vigil.

"Of course sir! As class president I will carry out my duty to ensure the safety of all my fellow students no matter what-!" Iida stood ramrod straight as he began his loud recitation of his duties. Izuku smiled fondly. 

"That's great thanks." Tokuda cut Iida off. Izuku might have been annoyed by that, if Izuku didn't cut Iida off himself sometimes. "So, what would you normally be doing this time of day."

"Having breakfast!" Iida announced.

"No need to be so formal. Just pretend that I'm not here." That disarming expression was back. Izuku looked back to his Zeta who was eyeing the human man again. Careful and suspicious before he closed his eyes and all tension seeped out of him.

Not a threat then. Izuku relaxed as well, he trusted his Sensei. 

 


 

It was a little disconcerting to have the reporter watching them as they ate. He seemed confused as Kacchan walked over to Izuku and they fed each other each of their dishes before everyone who was part of the pack started eating. It wasn't like Izuku was holding them to animal eating habits. Instinct demanded it if Izuku, they were mates. Izuku just shrugged and continued eating and accepted the reporter in their midst. His wolf was calm and Izuku was just pleased Kacchan was letting them share food properly again.

"It's a wolf thing," Uraraka explained when the question came up from Tokuda. No pictures were taken of that intimate moment Kacchan chopsticks were in Izuku's mouth or Kacchan was shifting through Izuku's dish. Thankfully, it was wildly intimate and really not article material. Tabloids maybe. 

Tokuda's curiosity didn't abate though, as Izuku got up to clean his dishes Kacchan was photographed eating his own meal. "Oi, do you fucking mind?!"

Kacchan snatched his bowl up to eat faster. Izuku just smiled at his mate and soothed his agitated mind when it brushed up against Izuku's.

The rest of the morning followed them getting ready and heading out with camera clicks following their every move. Class was the same but with only their guest sitting in to get an insist look at what their lessons entailed. He didn't seem to get overly excited until they were outside doing physical training. Very much the same to Aizawa-Sensei's quirk tests. They were showing off for Tokuda.

Maybe Izuku could show off too. A newspaper article would show his wolf form in a way that wasn't terrifying like Lycan's had been. There were plenty of questions peppered to everyone when Izuku changed shape to do the exercises. Uraraka and Iida answered in place of Kacchan who just bristled that too much attention was getting shot at Izuku. It sounded like rivalry, but Izuku could taste the protective scent wafting among Kacchan Smoky nitro smell.

Izuku bumped Kacchan playfully and set off his mates ire. As Kacchan shouted Izuku pranced on all four feet and shook his haunches to tease his mate. That got the explosive teen to chase after him as everyone laughed and cheered. Hopefully that playful image would change perception about his quirk.

Back in the dorms Izuku changed and excused himself to train outside. He still had work to do on his Shoot Style. His kicks were good, but he would need to keep training. Iida's instruction before the licensing exam was immensely helpful. Izuku had spent nearly an hour working on it before he stood up and debated on changing shape to enjoy the cool rainy air. He might even be able to entice Kacchan outside to relax.

A dark summery scent drifted through the rain and Izuku looked up. Izuku beamed when he saw All Might walking up from the gate. The spindly older hero grinned despite his gaunt features. "Hey!"

"It's good to see you." Izuku beamed at his other Zeta. Their inner wolves recognized each other with a slight glow to their eyes before the recognition faded and it was just Izuku and his hero.

"What have you been up to out in this rain?" Izuku asked curiously as All Might climbed up the steps and shook the reason from his umbrella. Izuku fretted lightly, for all All Might's werewolf kept him healthier than he was when they met, All Might was still weak health wise.

"Uh, nothing much, just got back from a check-up at the hospital." All Might replied as he coughed to clear his throat. Izuku almost reached for the handkerchief he was keeping in his pocket, but there was no blood.  "Dr. Mitsu is so stern. I was starving afterwards, so I stopped for a bite to eat and that...turned into a whole thing."

Izuku chuckled as All Might recounted the store worker getting all excited about him even walking inside. Ending up with a large quantity of meat buns and an umbrella. He watches All Might take one out and nibble on it. Izuku waited but continued to watch to make sure his mentor ate enough. 

"Well anyways, I brought this other bag for your classmates." All Might said and Izuku's wolf shivered in pride. Logically he knew All Might hadn't gone out to hunt or anything. But it felt the same as having a pack mate provide for the other pack members.

"Of course you did, always thinking of others huh?" Izuku dutifully took the bag and All Might’s shoulders relaxed. So much communication passed between them due to body language and a bit of wild mind.

I brought these Alpha, for the pack. 

I can see that, thank you, good hunt.  

"With how popular you are I'm surprised you aren't mobbed anywhere you go." Izuku settled his wolf side and steered the conversation forward. "As the number one hero you brought hope and smiles to do many people's lives. Protecting citizens and fighting against evil villains as the Symbol of Peace-..."

All Might's hand settled on Izuku's shoulder. "Now it's your turn." All Might said softly with resolute belief deep in his dark eyes. "You and all of your classmates."

"Right," Izuku nodded. He didn't realize how badly he needed that belief. It settled his restless human mind that had been so bogged down by his doubts over the past few days.

"I'm going to put you back on an intense training regimen tomorrow." All Might announced.

"Yes! I'm ready." Izuku grinned excitedly. He was going to be everything Kacchan expected him to be, everything All Might knew he could be, and everything the world needed him to be.

All Might walked back off the porch and towards the school once more. Izuku watched his hero leave and clenched his fingers around the bag he now held. He started to turn when the sauntering steps of the reporter caught his attention. Tokuda walked out and stopped next to Izuku angling his body towards him. It reminded him too much of how reporters used to tower over him in the wake of his father's death and Lycan's arrest. Izuku pointedly stepped back to gain some space.

"It's getting late, squeezing in one last workout?" Tokuda asked.

"Um, yes." Izuku replied and forced his claws to retract. He wasn't overwhelmed, he was just fine. Tokuda hadn't brought his father up once the whole day. This wasn't that kind of article.

"Huh...something smells good." Tokuda said.

"Yeah, they're meat buns...do you want one?" Izuku's wolf didn't much like the idea of sharing what was meant for pack. But Tokuda was a guest, and feeding their guest was proper.

"Yes please." Izuku forced himself to relax as he sat down and watched the reporter eat his meat bun. They made idle talk until All Might came up and Izuku leaned Tokuda was a fan. 

"Oh, wow, you're an All Might fan too?" Izuku asked with sudden fan camraderie blooming on his chest. 

"Anyone who's my age and says they aren't are totally lying. That or they're criminals." Tokuda looked ahead. "I've never seen anyone so cool or powerful. Do you know about a bombing that took place at an industrial complex eighteen years ago?" 

"Yeah! Of course I do! It was really terrible, but All Might managed to rescue the twenty-four people who were working there when the explosion went off." Izuku excitedly filled in the story. It was older than he was but Izuku knew every story out there about All Might, even the one no one knew about. 

"My dad was one of them." Tokuda said. "All Might saved my father's life." Izuku stilled and looked the man over. His entire demeanor had changed. "The blaze was so bad that even the rescue squads couldn't get close. And yet...he did. I turned my camera on without thinking and the picture I took ended up in the paper. It seems like a miracle my father was rescued. Seeing All Might that night brought a spark to my life that I still carry with me."

"Yeah, I get what you mean." Izuku remembered the way his father had grabbed Lycan and burned the monstrous wolf to give Izuku and his mother an opening to get to safety. All Might followed just after, holding his hand out to Izuku and offering him One For All. Then he was pointing after the battle against All For One, 'Now it's your turn.' 

Izuku understood that feeling very well.

"So even I heard he was retiring I was completely shocked." Tokuda said. "What will happen to our superhuman society in the future now? Will we be okay?" 

Izuku's thoughts for the past few days returned to him. People would be starting to worry about what would happen next now that All Might was gone. There was a feeling of unease that was starting to permeate the world. Even this reporter could sense it. Who would be able to handle threats that would emerge at the level of All For One in the future? 

Izuku needed to be better. Kacchan had made him see that. Izuku wanted to take his hero's place, be the hero that could reassure the people and deter evil with a smile. But he wasn't anywhere close to being as good as All Might.

"Midoriya?" Tokuda made Izuku snap back to attention. 

"Yeah?"

"We still have hope." Tokuda fished in his shirt pocket and pulled free a picture of All Might with his hand on Izuku's shoulder. That had just happened a few moments ago! "It's your turn."

"What a picture? What but where -?" Izuku looked around sharply. "I didn't even see the camera. When did you print it anyway?!" 

The picture was placed in his hands and Tokuda chuckled. "Turns out my quirk is a pretty handy one to have in journalism."

Tokuda held out his hand and a lens sprouted from his palm. That was pretty cool, definitely geared for his profession. Another bloomed from his forearm. "Whoa look at that, so cool!"

More kept popping up randomly. "I can produce them anywhere. And I can print the pictures from my chest." His grin was more sincere as he stood up and the camera lenses all sank back into his skin. "Everybody heard All Might's last words after the Kamino incident. But I think he was saying that to you."

A sharp bolt of fear stabbed Izuku. How much did this reporter figure out?

"My investigation turned up plenty of similarities between you." Tokuda informed him. "The quirk you have is a lot like his, despite its origins with a villain. And in middle school you tried to rescue Bakugou when he was captured by a villain despite the odds against you. All Might was the one who saved you both that day."

Izuku would never have left Kacchan with that sludge villain. That was his mate in danger. Izuku was physically incapable of leaving his mate to certain death like that.

"After, you enrolled in UA; at the same time he became a teacher here." Izuku looked at the reporter as trepidation seeped into his mind. He knew too much, how did he know all of this? "I visited the Pussycat's agency. I met Kota there."

Izuku stiffened, "You talked to him?" 

"That's when my suspicions were really confirmed. Midoriya, I believe you are All Might’s successor." Tokuda looked down at him and Izuku's wolf reared back with wary attention. "What do you think about that?"

"Oh, uh, well, I-uh..." Izuku stuttered, he felt entirely too flustered. Lie... He just needed to lie! "The thing is-..."

"You can't lie can ya?" Tokuda laughed and Izuku's heart sank in anguish. 

'Yes I can...I lied to Kacchan for nearly a year.' Izuku thought despondently. He didn't know how Tokuda knew, but it wasn't good that he did. Izuku couldn't let on about One For All no matter what.

"That's good, after all...heroes speak the truth." What was he getting at? Izuku was starting to think he didn't know about One For All. This was about All Might alone.

"I don't-..." Izuku needed to throw him off. One For All couldn't be public knowledge. Kacchan and the pack would be in danger of it was exposed. Only Lycan's volatile and murderous history kept people from trying to exploit Izuku for the werewolf quirk. One For All betting made public would make his life even more dangerous than it already was.

"Don't worry kid, I'm not writing an exposé even if I did have evidence." Tokuda assured, but Izuku didn't feel reassured at all. "To be honest I should probably be apologizing to you. You see, I was never planning to report on dorm life. I apologize."

Izuku jerked back. He hadn't smelled a lie when this man came to the dorm. But the tone of his voice now, the cadence of his heart beat and look of his body language...he was telling the truth now for sure. Aizawa-Sensei had been able to see something was up but had deemed this man non-threatening.

"But... I just had to know...that there's still light in this world." The reporter spoke the very fears Izuku had held since the night All Might used up the last of his part of One For All.

"Tokuda-San." Izuku breathed.

"I feel better now, after our conversation. Now I can encourage others, I won't be lying when I write that there's still hope in this world. Even if All Might has retired." Tokuda looked at where the clouds had cleared for the setting sun. A rainbow had even appeared. He turned and offered Izuku his hand. "I'm sorry if I caused you any stress, but...thank you."

Izuku froze for a second absorbing everything said to him. Then he smiled softly and took the offered hand to shake. "Sure."

"One more thing." Tokuda jerked Izuku forward into his chest and threw his hand up as a camera spouted from his palm. Izuku flushed as the reporter took a selfie. A very female shriek came from inside.

Izuku was released as soon as the picture was taken. He could feel Kacchan coming, his furious mate barreling from his room for this location. Tokuda stepped down from the porch to the walk. "I'm gonna cherish this picture. I'll keep it under wraps for now though, until I publish my book about you. I think I even settled on a good title."

Izuku gaped after the man, swamped with Kacchan's jealous feelings and his own shock and confusion. The man had wanted a selfie. How ridiculous! Now he was going on about writing a book about him. They hadn't even spoken that much today.

"'When the New Symbol of Peace Was Young'. What do you think?" Tokuda grinned slyly at him. But Izuku understood then, he was putting his faith into Izuku. Faith that he was going to live up to All Might's Legacy, that he would surpass it once day.

"I'll try my best, and I'll live up to that name." Izuku promised.

"I'm sure you will, Hero." The reporter gave him a jaunty wave and started off. 

"Thanks!" Izuku bowed at the waist. That was a lot of hope someone he didn't know well was putting in him. What else could he do but try his hardest to live up to it and more? He had a responsibility to do so.

The door slammed open and Kacchan was standing there like he'd run down the stairs rather than the elevator. He just might have, as impatient as he was. "Deku, what the hell!"

"Hey Kacchan." Izuku turned a loving smile to his mate who just prickled with his eyes glowing just a bit as he scanned Izuku from head to toe. "Ready for dinner?"

"The fuck did he want?!" Kacchan growled as Izuku walked up to him. Izuku lifted his hand to swipe his thumb over Kacchan's neck and tucking his fingers down to graze his mating mark.

"He was talking about his article." Izuku smiled, then he put emphasis on his eyes so that Kacchan would understand. "He's a fan of All Might."

Kacchan glared at him before he looked at the gate where the reporter had vanished through. Kacchan reached out and grabbed the back of his neck. Their lips smashed together and Izuku reveled in the heat of their kiss. Their bond blooming with hot want in his mind.

"The fuck do you taste like meat buns for?" Kacchan demanded when they parted.

"Oh, All Might brought them by for everyone." Izuku held up the bag All Might had left him. "I almost forgot about them."

"Tch," Kacchan snatched the bag and linked their fingers together as he stomped back inside. Izuku grinned and tightened his grip on Kacchan’s hand as Uraraka peeked at them from near the window. It was her shriek he'd heard.

"Did you say meat buns Deku?" She asked. "Let's get those on the table!"

"Good idea." Izuku smiled softly at her. His wolf rumble pleasantly as they presented the treats to everyone.

The article when it came out was about dorm life and sported Pictures of 1-A. It told a story about the upcoming heroes and their promising future. The highlight of the article was actually a photo of All Might biting into a meat bun. Izuku cut it from the paper and tucked it away with pride among his other news clippings. A reminder and a memory of just how much the world was waiting for him to reach All Might's level. He would, that was a promise. 

*

Notes:

I forgot how much I like writing Katsuki. He's such a unique blend of a yandere and a tsundere... So f-ing cute.

Chapter 72: Overhaul

Summary:

Izuku contemplates the work study program

Notes:

I know this ep is called Overhaul. But I only really shadow the pack in this fic.

Chapter Text

"Now that everyone is back together" Aizawa-Sensei sent a sharp glare at both Izuku and Kacchan through the classroom. Izuku ducked his head towards his desk, and Kacchan looked away with a quiet 'Tch'. "Your hero work studies are a more serious version of your internships. They entail helping pro agencies on the streets and with investigations. Your pro teachers and the principal discussed them at the faculty meeting and we all agreed-..."

Everyone waited with bated breath at their teacher’s decision. Aizawa-Sensei inhaled and looked at them through his hair. "It's too soon...they should be canceled."

"What?!" The room exploded. 

"Aww, but we already talked about them!" Kirishima complained.

"I guess, if you think about why we had to move into the dorms, it makes sense." Kaminari sighed.

"Ah ha!" Kacchan exploded upwards with a strange stiffness to his body. Izuku smiled awkwardly and smoothed his hand up his mate back to soothe him. He was very worried he'd fall behind entirely. 

"Just because you wouldn't get to do one." Hagakure sneered with a pout at Kacchan. It was the truth since Kacchan wouldn't be permitted to attend until he earned his license.

"-But some people don't think we'll be able to raise strong heroes with that sort of overprotective outlook. With that in mind the compromise is to be selective about participating agencies. So, choose one with a proven track record, otherwise you won't be taking part." Aizawa Sensei finished.

Izuku pulled his hand back to think over just what Gran Torino had said. Sir Nighteye was an amazing option. He needed all the experience he could get in regards to One For All. Maybe he needed to ask All Might after all. At least that way he could get an introduction. 

"Dammit!" Kacchan shouted angrily. His part of their bond was steeped in frustration and determination. Izuku let him be, sometimes Izuku might do more harm than help. 

As they broke for lunch Izuku let his mate scent him before he set off for the faculty room. All Might was there working. So, he approached his hero and asked simply for what he wanted.

"Wait, you want me to introduce you to Sir Nighteye for the work study program?" All Might gaped at him in shock. Izuku understood, he needed to be firm here. Right now, he was this man's apprentice, his student.

"Yes! He's one of the few heroes that have worked directly under you. It's a perfect fit!" Izuku was determined. All Might lifted a finger and Izuku stopped his speech.

"Shh..." Izuku stiffened when he realized he was drawing attention to them. He kept forgetting they weren't meeting alone. No one would understand why he was here specifically. Oh...this was awkward. "So, Sir Nighteye? Who could have put that idea into your head? No, of course, you wanted to be proactive. So, you called Gran Torino, didn't you?"

"Yes sir!" Izuku bowed at the waist to go with his bold request.

"Well, I refuse." All Might said and Izuku froze. Had he just...he just denied Izuku?! "I'm not saying that to punish you. I have three reasons. First up, I opposed work studies in the faculty meeting. I think it's unnecessary for first years to start them so early."

"I agree." Thirteen spoke next to Midnight who were looking over curiously.

"I say we just support any hungry students who want to go the extra mile." Midnight contributed earnestly from her place next to Thirteen. 

"Reason two, you need to work on your Shoot Style. Let's master that before you start taking on extra hero work." All Might continued as if he hadn't just let the other teachers join the conversation.

"He's putting in a lot of training already." Ectoplasm's eerie echoing voice piped up.

"But there's still plenty of room for improvement before he can use it reliably." Cementoss commented helpfully. 

"And third, Sir Night eye..." All Might held up a third finger. "I just don't want to have to talk to the guy."

"Personal feelings gettin' in the way?" Present Mic asked loudly. "That's just the juiciest bit of gossip ever."

"Give me a break!" All Might turned around and Mic scuttled away with a high laugh. Izuku fought back the amusement he felt inside. All Might had good friends. The older wolf huffed in exasperation as he turned back to Izuku. 

"All Might, " Izuku called standing straight. "Kacchan told me I'm not allowed to lose when someone like you laid the groundwork for me. And think about it, my quirk is so similar to yours. If I'm working with Nighteye, he'll know exactly how to help me improve it. I need to get so much stronger than I am now. I've got more work to do than anyone."

"Look, I appreciate your passion. But I can't introduce you...emphasis on I." All Might have to give in some. His alpha had made a request after all. 

 


 

Izuku looked at Togata Mirio. His scent was very welcoming. His heart beat strong and steady. He reminded Izuku heavily of All Might’s calming presence. He swept into the room with a smile and disarming energy. Finally, in an isolated room without the other teachers to hear everything Izuku said to his mentor, he felt like he could relax.

"Aww yeah, you are here!" Togata-Senpai grinned through his pun. "Sorry, couldn't help myself. I just got super excited you wanted to talk to me."

"I still don't understand what's going on right now." Izuku turned back to his mentor. While he liked the third year he was confused as to what he had to do with Izuku's request. 

"I'm completely clueless too." Togata-Senpai beamed. 

"You've met young Togata right?" All Might asked, "He's currently doing his work study at Nighteyes agency."

"Whoa seriously?!" Izuku whipped to look at the older teen. "That's so cool!"

"Yup! I've been working alongside him for a fun year now." Togata-Senpai confirmed. Izuku's excitement bubbled up, that was All Might's old sidekick!

"Then you're like guaranteed to be his sidekick when you graduate!" Izuku exclaimed.

"Well as long as Sir doesn't change his mind yeah." Togata-Senpai nodded.

"That's awesome." Izuku smiled wide in barely repressed envy. Was this what he could be like his third year?

"Alright, I'm going to get straight to the point here." All Might cut in, "Tell me Young Togata, do you think that this first year has what it takes to work beside you at the agency?" 

"Oh, now I hear ya, that's what you called me in here to talk about huh?" Togata-Senpai thumped his fist into his hand. He shot his arm out just as quickly around Izuku's neck and sidled up companionably to his side. "You want me to take Midoriya to him for an introduction."

"...Yeah." All Might sighed, the protective gleam in his eyes still there. Izuku would be fine, he just needed his mentor to believe that.

"But wait a minute, why do you need to go through me? I always see him watching old clips of you in his spare time. I'm sure he'd be really happy if you called him up yourself." Togata-Senpai spoke and Izuku was still so shocked by the familiarity of someone who wasn't pack touching him. Why did he feel like this was what an older brother would do?

"I can't exactly face him right now. " All Might looked aside. "Because he was dead right and I ended up precisely where he warned me I'd be."

Izuku frowned in confusion. Was All Might avoiding his old sidekick? Why?

"So, do you think Young Midoriya has what it takes?" All Might steered the conversation back.

"Aww man that's a toughie." Togata-Senpai retracted back to his seat in thought. Izuku looked at the third year. His introduction hinged on Togata-Senpai’s assessment of him. "Why don't you tell me what kind of hero you want to be?"

"What kind?" Izuku blinked. He remembered how despondent he'd been as a child. To find out he was quirkless. He'd turned to All Might videos, fully realizing his dream of being just like All Might was crumbling before his feet. A path he wouldn't get to walk. He remembered his father's words the night he died. He remembered he fear of seeing his body become the monster that took his father away.

"I want save people with a smile." He said and his mother popped up in his mind. Her fear and worry sinking into his blood. Then he saw Kacchan, as furious as he was stunning in their fight. And Kota when he was facing down Muscular. "I want to be strong, so I won't worry anyone. I want to always win and save everybody. I want to be the greatest, got it?"

Izuku had experienced more than the average first year. He'd fought with a villain when he was a child. He'd lost his father to Lycan's brutality. He'd fought himself for years. Then he'd fought to save Kacchan from the sludge villain. The villains that attacked the USJ. The villains that attacked the summer camp. Facing down the villains that kidnapped Kacchan by stealing him back. Izuku was going to show the world that he was strong, that he was worthy of protecting the people that lived in it. Izuku had sacrificed his body to his mission. More than his werewolf healing could handle. All for this goal. 

Togata-Senpai looked at him, as if he were truly seeing Izuku. He closed his blue eyes and took it all in. "Wow, that was a lot." Togata-Senpai said warmly. He chuckled and smiled while giving him a thumbs up. "There's no reason for me to say no though, so yeah."

Izuku's eyes widened, "You mean it?! Oh wow! Thank you so so much!"

"Sure, I always figured Sir would take a liking to you anyways." Togata-Senpai grinned.

"I sure hope he does." Izuku was getting excited. Another step towards honoring All Might sacrifice. To honor his father's sacrifice.

"Don't get too psyched, I don't know if Sur will agree to take you on." Togata-Senpai stemmed Izuku's boundless energy

"Of course." Izuku nodded. He would just have to prove he was worth the hero’s time.

 


 

Katsuki woke Saturday morning plastered to Deku's back. Deku's annoying ass All Might alarm pounding through the room. That was right, he'd snuck in after curfew. Deku slapped the phone off and Katsuki snuggled deeper into Izuku's shoulders. Deku sighed and lifted his free arm to card sharp claws through Katsuki's hair. It felt nice waking up like this, knowing he'd fucked the nerd good enough he didn't think he could sneak off to his own dorm.

Then he realized what day it was again. Apparently Deku did too because he shot up. The motion effectively dislodging Katsuki who cursed at the abrupt movement. Deku tossed the blankets back and scrambled for his clothing. "Sorry Kacchan!"

"Fucking too early for this shit Deku!" Katsuki snarled and sat up with a grumble. He rubbed his eyes of sleep while he shamelessly started at Deku's bare ass. Deku dressed quickly and rushed back to his mate to press an insistent kiss to his lips.

"I have my introduction today. See you later, love you!" Deku burst from the room and ran for the stairs to get down to his own dorm. Katsuki snarled and flopped back into bed. He dragged his pillow over his face to inhale their combined scents all mixed in with sex and sweat. 

Furious at having to give up basking in the remains of his night, Katsuki got up to dress and head down for a shower. After he donated his morning routine he slogged down to join IcyHot as they left for the provisional License training. Deku’s trail of dust leaving him annoyed, he felt half left behind, and proud at the same time.

Fuck it was too early.

"You should be thankful to the teachers." IcyHot admonished him. "You got caught fighting with Midoriya but they're still going to let you take the exam."

Better than being caught fucking. That fight could have gone that way. If he'd wanted it to. Now that he thought about it...they hadn't managed to go all out and finish it with sex yet. Thoughts for the future. 

"Ugh, can you shut up." Katsuki growled. It was too early for this Beta pack ate asshole to try making nice with him. He wasn’t even Katsuki's Beta.

"We’ve got to catch up to our classmates soon." IcyHot said seriously.

"Ah! I told you to shut your damn face! And walk behind me idiot!" Katsuki roared his brain still far too asleep for this shit. He didn't want to make friends dammit!

 


 

An hour by train from UA took Izuku and Togata-Senpai to their destination. Togata-Senpai turned to him with a welcoming smile, "Well this is it, Sir Nighteyes agency"

Izuku's mind blanked out soon as he realized what that meant. He’d gotten approval and he was here! Why did it seem like it should have been harder to do?!

"Easy man, take a breath! Try to loosen up!" Togata-Senpai exclaimed. "But not too loose ya know? Cause... Sir's actually a pretty strict guy."

"I'm fully aware." Izuku's mind ran over the information he'd gathered about the hero over the years. "He's famous for being demanding. On others as well as himself. His gaze is so harsh it makes me shiver every time I see him on TV. He looks so severe."

"That's absolutely true. But there's a totally different side of him that the press never gets to see." Togata planted his hands on his hips as he looked at the building. "If you want to be acknowledged by him here's a tip. You need to do one important thing at this meeting. You gotta make him laugh, then he'll totally approve of you."

Laugh? Laugh...Laugh?!

"Oh, wait hold on!" Izuku called to the third year as he opened the glass door. "What does that mean?!"

"Exactly what it sounds like. He seems stern but he really values humor for some reason. It's like irony or something I think." Togata-Senpai explained. He led Izuku through the lobby to a spiral staircase. As they walked up, he spoke again. "The most I can do is introduce you to him. Sir is the one who'll decide if he can use you. I wish I could help more but that's all I got. From here on you'll have to figure out how to make Sir acknowledge you yourself."

"I've been meaning to ask, why is it you seem to know so much about me even though we've basically just met?" Izuku frowned as he looked up at the older teen.

"What're you talkin' about, I don't know you at all." Togata-Senpai replied with a smile as he led Izuku through the upper floor they were on. "But I do know you've got a crazy ambitious goal and you're fighting to turn it into a reality. And wanting to help out someone in trouble is basic Hero-ing 101, amirite?"

Izuku smiled, Togata Mirio was a good guy. 

"Well, here we are." Togata-Senpai pouted at the door at the end of the hall. "It's just beyond this door. If you wanna get stronger, then walk on through."

"Got it!" Izuku nodded with renewed determination. Izuku stepped forward and pushed the door open.

"Heyyo! I brought that first-year dude I mentioned yesterday!" Togata-Senpai called as he walked up behind Izuku. He was here, at Sir Nighteyes agency, he could finally see what kind of place it was... 

There was a girl with blue skin attached by manacles to a yellow upright slab. Her giggles and laughter filling the air as it tickled her with little sticks holding feathers. The man standing across from her loomed menacingly. Izuku boggled in weirded out horror.

"What kind of place is this?" Izuku exclaimed.

"See this is how loud and energetic you can be." The man said to the woman.

"Ah, stop! Please!" She cried out with tears streaming down her cheeks and kicking her legs. Her laughter streaming between each breath she took.

"Togata-Senpai what's going on?" Izuku asked. This man was obviously Sir Nighteye... this was a very damming image he was seeing.

"That's his sidekick, Bubble Girl. I guess she didn't make him laugh. Aww, sucks." Mirio sighed with a rueful smile. This was normal?! Would that happen to him?! 

Like a looming vulture, Sir Nighteye tilted his head as he noticed them. His sharp gold eyes sliding to them with piercing focus. Izuku balked immediately under that alpha stare. That glare was just as intense as in pictures or interviews. But even more so because Izuku's inner predator wanted nothing to do with the man that held such a stare.

This was it. Izuku had been helped every step of the way. From now on he needed to be able to open the doors himself. It was the only way to get stronger. Izuku ducked his head down and smoothed his fingers over his face. So, this hero wanted to laugh? Izuku could do that.

Izuku fixed his face into an impression he had worked on in childhood. He might be a prospective hero, but at his core...he was a member of All Might’s fan club. He could mimic any face All Might had ever made. Mimicking his voice, as well? No problem.

"I'm Midoriya Izuku." Izuku boomed in All Might’s voice with his face fixed in one of All Might’s faces. This impression had taken years to perfect. He wasn't that good at making anyone laugh but if this didn't work, he was done for.

"What is this boy? Are you ridiculing All Might?!" Damn, with the full piercing weight of Sir Nighteyes gaze on him...it was too much.

*

Chapter 73: Boy Meets...

Summary:

Izuku answers a challenge to prove his worth.

Notes:

So. I received some feedback from a reader that has told me they won't be continuing reading this fic. I'm open to criticism, constructive criticism. But this kind of hit me hard. I know my editing needs work, I'm doing that slowly. But that wasn't the reason.

This reader told me they felt this fic didn't have enough werewolf elements to keep their interest. So I've been second guessing this fic ever since. Is it lacking? Am I staying true to my idea while being true to Canon events at the same time? Is this fic a waste because I followed Canon events?

I've really been bothered by it. See this is the first time I've been faced with this dilemma in regards to my writing. But I have my answer now. I was sure I tagged properly to indicate werewolves were in the fic, that I was being Canon compliant. I was sure I laid out the lore as well. There is only one werewolf in the fic, Lycan. So after his attack there was only Midoriya free in the world. And Midoriya only shared his quirk with All Might and Aizawa. Four werewolves total. Dependent upon the moon, but all prideful and heroic. They wouldn't lose control of themselves easily. I even touched down on Midoriya losing control.

At its core this was going to follow the anime and Canon events. I felt I kept it different enough without compromising the original story. Otherwise I would have done an entirely original thing like I did with Underground Hero. This was how I intended it to be. Sure there could be more werewolf elements, like Midoriya biting everyone and lording over them like the alpha he is. But that wasn't my intention. It's just not who Midoriya is, at least I don't think so.

So, thank you to the commenter, you got me thinking. You've made me grow as I pondered over what you said and tried to see if I had done everything I could with the chapters already out. I'm going to stand by this fic. I wrote it in my vision of this theme. And I'm sorry I couldn't continue to keep your interest. I hope I can draw you back in the future.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"The nerve." Izuku balked under Sir Night eyes sharp stare. The hero turned on his toes to look at him fully. "What are you doing with your face? Is this a joke to you?"

"Uh... No, I guess not." Izuku's vocal cords cracked over his All Might impression voice. His wolf rose up in him, drawn by the awkward unease seeping into his bones. He wasn't actually in danger, he had mis-stepped.

"You attempted this blasphemous impression on All Might's former sidekick?" Sir Nighteye closed the distance between them in a flash. Grabbing at his face and feeling very much like a larger predator. Izuku clamped an iron mental grip on his wolf. This wasn't a challenger; he was the challenger this time. "All Might’s wrinkles aren't like this at all, you fool."

That was what he had a problem with?!

"In his early days his crow’s feet were .6cm long. From the silver age on they were .8. These days even unlicensed merchandise has to have the correct length wrinkles in the correct Era." Sir Nighteye bent into Izuku's space. The glare obscuring his eyes and making him seem even more menacing. "But you don't even know that much?!"

Izuku lost his impression expression as he gaped at this hero. He could see in his heightened sight that this whole office was covered in All Might merchandise and memorabilia. His gaze widened on its own as he saw a poster on the wall. It was the 10th anniversary poster that was never sold to the public.

I want it! 

Izuku's inner fanboy fought for control of him just as ardently as his wolf did. As Sir Nighteye pulled back Izuku realized this hero was a serious All Might fanboy. A fan at his own level or maybe higher.

"I don't care for this one bit. You can see yourself out." Sir Nighteye turned away, showing his back in such a dismissive way Izuku growled low and deep. He would not be dismissed so easily.

"The Vinegar River Incident!" Izuku rumbled out while he battles the sharpening of his teeth. Sir Nighteye froze and Izuku showed his teeth as he knew he'd caught the heroes attention. Now to reel him back in, "Are you not aware of it Sir?"

Izuku could remember the incident. "A middle schooler whose quirk allowed him to charge the properties of water was drowning in a river. All Might stepped in and saved him. The drowning kid panicked and accidentally turned the river into vinegar. Which obviously ended up getting in All Might’s eyes. His face looked slightly different than normal after. That look, and those eyes, were the face I had chosen to impersonate."

If he couldn't make Sir Nighteye laugh, he would make him recognize Izuku as another super fan. They were a tight knit internet community after all.

"I know this rescue, although it happened before I teamed up with him. And I believe they mentioned it briefly on the widely run television special entitled. 'A Look Back'." Nighteye breathed.

"Yes, I love that show. I know there weren't any villains involved, so people think it was a boring save. I'm sure that's why the fans don't talk about it much, but I really like it for some reason. Honestly I think the best part about it was the witty response he gave after getting thanked by the kid he rescued." Izuku was lost in the fanboy excitement. " 'I'm the one who should be thanking you -' "

"-My skin feels ten years younger." Nighteye finished. 

"That's it." Izuku grinned at the hero's back. "It was the perfect one liner."

"Now I see, " Nighteye turned to look over his shoulder, "You were just testing me."

"What?" Izuku tilted his head, wasn't it the other way around? Wasn't Izuku the one being tested? "Oh no, it's just that since All Might is a teacher at my school... I never really get a chance to geek out about him. I got a little excited there."

Excitement, balanced ridiculously with thinly veiled challenge, that was. Yeah...that was the right kind of mindset to have. He was hopeless with this wolf brain of his.

Nighteye reared back and adjusted his rectangular glasses. "As I recall, it was the child's volatile home life that was to blame."

Oh, he wasn't going to give Izuku flack for his fan boy tendencies. Well, the All Might fanboys did like to challenge each other this way. Healthy, non-wolf dominance. Even if Izuku wanted to fight for the top spot among them, he liked to see what everyone liked best about All Might as well. 

"That's right, and that made All Might’s words and actions carry even more weight I bet." Izuku beamed. His wolf settled, sensing no need to enforce their alpha dominance. At least for now, he would lose on a very human front. 

 


 

After his disastrous first impression the air settled. Izuku blew out a breath of relief. Bubble Girl was taken down from that creepy tickle machine. And Sir Nighteye settled behind his desk. A victory was achieved, Izuku had at least gotten into the heroes territory.

Togata-Senpai explained why Izuku was here again. And Nighteye steepled his fingers in thought. "Interesting, you want to do your work study here, because you think that doing so will make you stronger?"

"Yes sir!" Izuku grasped the straps of his backpack to keep himself in control. He might be the predator in the room, but he was not the alpha. He was asking for mentorship; this would make Nighteye the alpha. "Please let me!"

"We'd need to draw up a contract-," Nighteye drawled reluctantly. 

"Of course, yes, I brought one!" Izuku shifted his bag under his arm. He'd come prepared after all.

"You will not interrupt me while I'm speaking to you." 

"I'm sorry sir!" Izuku presented the contract approved and drawn up by Aizawa-Sensei. 

"Once I stamp this document, you'll officially be contracted to my agency for work study." Nighteye shifted his gaze down to the paper and Izuku bowed over his bag.

"Yes sir!" Izuku could feel the excitement overtaking his wolf instincts.

"You have to understand this will be nothing like the week-long internships you students take on so casually." Izuku stiffened at the warning given to him. "You must work here for a minimum of four months and will be paid wages. However, your academic responsibilities will likely suffer due to the absences you'll rack up. Which means your classmates will pull ahead of you.”?

"I understand that." Izuku said resolutely. He'd already suffered through the death glare his teacher had given him in warning before handing over the contract. The expectation to succeed at this and his class work was heavy. Aizawa-Sensei would accept nothing less than Izuku doing better than his very best. "But if I worry about what everyone else is doing, I’ll never be number one."

He trusted his pack to take on the same level of responsibility and hardship as he was. Nighteye lifted his hand dramatically after picking up his stamp. Izuku's heart sped up, he'd been accepted! The hand swung down with force and planted the seal...right on the desk next to the paper. Izuku looked down at it in shock. "Um... I think you missed...."

"Because I am not approving this." Nighteye glared at Izuku as he kept stamping. It was like he was driving the point home with every thump of the seal.

"What?" What had Izuku done wrong?!

"I understand how working here would be beneficial to you." Nighteye angled his head to the side daringly. It felt very much like when Kacchan was challenging him. The stamp kept rapping on the desk at the same pace Izuku's heart was pounding. He'd royalty screwed up somewhere. "But what benefit would you bring to my agency? This office currently runs smoothly with two sidekicks and one work study student already under my employ. So why would I add you on? How can you contribute to society? How can you be useful to others? In order to be acknowledged you must be able to answer those questions unequivocally.

"All Might showed his worth using power and humor. He gave hope to those who lived in fear of criminals. That's why the people were happy to acknowledge him." Nighteye's voice softened fondly.

Izuku understood suddenly. A lesson forming right inside his brain that cleared the gap between human and wolf understanding. He wasn't just trying to prove his worth to this small agency. He was trying to show his worth to the entire world. That he was capable of protecting them. Of becoming more than the alpha of a part of the world's ecosystem, becoming the alpha of all of it. The way everything worked in harmony and balance because everything worked as a unit in life. How was he going to show the world that he could keep this balance? How could he show this mentor that he could do that and more as the future number one hero?

"You're right, I need to find out how I can help the world." Izuku needed this hero to show him how to do just that. How to do All Might’s legacy justice, to maintain balance and safety in this world the way All Might had.

Sir Nighteye hummed in thought and stood from his chair. With careful and precise movements, he pushed the chair in and looked at Izuku with confidence in his stance. It was startling how he had stripped all of Izuku's wolfish confidence with just a few words. It was time to rebuild himself once more. To be better, stronger than he'd ever been. Whatever Sir Nighteye wanted him to do, Izuku would meet those expectations. 

"It's time to show me what you would bring to the table. Using actions not words." Nighteye had that same tone to his voice that Aizawa-Sensei had. The kind of tone that said many had come before and were found lacking. Izuku would not be found lacking. Nighteye held out the stamp and three fingers unfolded. "Three minutes... You have three minutes to try and take this seal from me. You want to work as a hero under my guidance? Then stamp that contract yourself."

"Wait...what?" Izuku balked as those piercing eyes bore into him once more. He wasn't expecting that kind of task to prove himself.

"I'm saying that even though you don't appear to possess a single ounce of humor in your body, I'm still giving you a chance." Nighteye glowered at Izuku like he was a slide under a microscope. A hand was flung out to where Bubble Girl and Togata-Senpai were waiting. "The two of you, go wait outside."

"Sir yes sir!" They said together.

"Once more with feeling!" Nighteye barked at them.

"Yes Sir!" They both saluted, Izuku nervously slumped. He was truly on his own here.

They left and Izuku settled his bag down. He'd met every task given to him through this year so far, but this felt as daunting as challenging All Might during finals. He stood across from Sir Nighteye and nearly squirmed. How was he going to take that seal from a pro hero who had foresight for a quirk? 

"I'll take no offensive measures during this time. And you're welcome to attack me in any manner you desire. Don't concern yourself with what happens to the room. Just come and get it." Nighteye ordered. 

Izuku's wolf whined in his mind. It didn't like the way this felt, they were outmatched. Sir Nighteye didn't need offensive measures to survive Izuku for three minutes, that was utterly terrifying. Like All Might coming at him terrifying. Izuku shivered as he mentally zeroed in on the hero. He couldn't strategize with how Nighteye's quirk worked. He had to react, not every situation would allow him the time to think up a weakness to exploit. He was going to have to force his own path to the number one spot.

Izuku lowered his center of gravity and flexed his fingers. Green fur grew along his forearms and his claws stretched from his fingertips. The Wolfman transformation settled over him, the easiest to pair with Full Cowl. Green lightning arced across his body and he let his senses fly. Izuku lunged in without a moment’s hesitation.

"An approach from the front, but it's merely a feint and a failed grab." Nighteye closed his fingers over the seal stamp and shifted his hand barely an inch from Izuku's reaching fingers. The leap over the hero landed him on a filing cabinet. He launched at the hero again.  "Then another jump attack to no avail. I can see everything."

Izuku knew that, but he just had to keep trying. He slid to a stop after he reached once twice, a third time to angle himself through and roll near the computer desk. With barely any thought he grabbed his bag and hurled it at the hero. Very reminiscent of how he'd raced for Kacchan trapped in that sludge villain. Izuku attacked Nighteye through the blind spot his bag made but blinked in shock when he only touched the door. The pro had moved too fast and silent for Izuku to track. He's sought to create an opening and only served to get in his own way.

"Is that all you've got?" Nighteye stood a few feet away adjusting his glasses. "I thought you were trying to show me your usefulness. This is a waste of time."

Izuku gritted his teeth and growled low at the challenge. Izuku was not weak. He lunged back at the hero swiping and grabbing. At the same time, he was memorizing the space. He wasn't going to lose track of the hero again. His hearing trained on the man, scenting him despite the other things in the room. Testing how quickly the hero moved, which directions he chose. It was like Izuku was tracking and training to hunt. Picking out every nuance he could while Nighteye's quirk stayed one step ahead of him.

"One-minute passes, he backs up briefly and appears nervous." Nighteye looked at him like he was the prey being stalked. That was what it felt like under all Izuku was learning in this moment. "Finally understanding that he can't overcome my Foresight."

Nervous? Yeah maybe that was under there too. But Izuku's heart was racing with exhilaration. This was a hunt against a bigger predator. With something on the line. There had to be a way to slip around that quirk. The challenge was exciting as well as terrifying.

"I had high expectations for you, until now." Nighteye spoke. "You have the power to become a symbol, but your mediocre. Meanwhile villains everywhere are getting restless and doom is creeping closer. A pity, All Might chose wrong after all. Mirio should have inherited the power."

"What are you talking about?" Izuku froze as shock burned down his center. "Chose wrong after all?"

Togata-Senpai was supposed to inherit One For All?!

"Don't get me wrong. I love and respect All Might." Nighteye replied. "But I don't understand why he chose you. How can you succeed him?"

Izuku hasn't thought about it before now. Of course, there were candidates before him. Togata-Senpai was in the running to be All Might’s successor. Did he even know? How did All Might and Nighteye choose him? Why didn't he tell Izuku before now? If he even knew at all? Izuku gritted his teeth as his mind buzzed over these things.

"You think you have time to stand there frozen? Or are you just getting tired, running out of ideas?" Nighteye asked haughtily. "I was honestly a bit curious when Mirio said he was going to bring you here to introduce you. But it turns out it was a waste of time. There is a candidate who is far worthier of inheriting One For All than you. As such, I cannot acknowledge you."

Izuku heard All Might’s words from the day they met. The reignition of the hope his father had stoked in his heart. That Izuku could be a hero. Worthy of inheriting the two quirks he carried. Izuku had to keep fighting. Izuku was going to go beyond, so that Nighteye couldn't foresee his movements. He wasn't going to let Nighteye reject him now. Not after everything he'd been through to get here. Not after swearing to his mate that he was going to do everything to succeed All Might properly. 

He slumped as his werewolf body took over. His bulk ripping his shirt to shreds, thankfully his pants were loose enough that they just stretched over his legs. He still had thumbs, and he was going to use them to take that stamp. Full Cowl powered up higher, converting each limb and muscle. He bared his teeth in fury. He still had to fight. 

Izuku blasted into the air, bouncing in ways that defied analysis. The way Gran Torino did. The way that inspired his Shoot Style. Izuku was careful avoiding each and every piece if memorabilia, filling his mind with every bit of analysis he'd had coming into this room. He needed to think more than actions, confuse that foresight until Nighteye wouldn't know which way was up. Izuku pushed faster, bouncing more, taking swipes for that seal at random.

All Might chose him!

He wanted Izuku to have his power!

There was meaning in that! Izuku knew there was!

A potted plant fell over, a cabinet dented in. But Izuku looked up and his maw opened with his growling voice. "I swear...I will make you acknowledge me!"

"That's Gran Torino's style. You might look impressive like that, but you're a mere shadow of the original who uses that technique." Nighteye quipped when Izuku landed in a crouch next to him. Seal snapped just out if reach again. "For the next hour, provided the conditions on that, I can see what you'll do, wherever you go... In case you're interested, two minutes from now you'll be slumped on the floor with neither the seal nor the contract."

He was avoiding Izuku too smoothly. It was frustrating. And his words only served to irritate further. How did Izuku know that was definitive truth? He didn't remember there being any mention of Nighteye having to tell the truth of what he saw with his foresight. How did Izuku know that what Nighteye was saying wasn't just a lie to unsettle him?

"You've looked unsure since this trial began. Surely All Might trained you better than that." Nighteye goaded and Izuku gritted his fangs. "Fear and indecision are luxuries a top tier hero cannot afford. Someone who understands that will always act with vision and purpose. You must have been told this countless times by now, even your training is being put to the test, you choke."

Nighteye shifted one small adjustment at a time as Izuku dogged him at every side. They ended up near the bookshelves. He even bent backwards at the waist to avoid Izuku cleanly. What difficult prey. 

"You said you would make me acknowledge you, but the more I see the more convinced I become that you will ultimately fail." Nighteye sneered as Izuku shot past him.

"He said I can do it." Izuku snarled as his support designed shoes bounced on the wall.

"Who said that? One of your little friends?" Nighteye asked patronizingly.

"The greatest hero the world has ever seen!" Izuku roared as he lunged towards Nighteye incensed and determined. Nighteye froze as Izuku landed next to him. He didn't grab for the seal, instead he wrapped one hand around a low bookshelf. He slung it around, loose papers and books scattering like a smokescreen of distractions. "Sorry! You said not to worry about the room, right?!"

Izuku planted his hand to the ground and angled himself. This would have been easier had he preemptive taken his shoes off to grip with his back claws. But with these papers flying everywhere, and Nighteye's express statement about seeing where he'd go, and what he'd do... He was going to test a theory. If Izuku was the target, then these papers were untouched by that foresight. Confusing the future, him with the papers getting in the way in the present.

'Nighteye, I'm not giving up now!' Izuku growled mentally as he blasted forward. He could see the seal, Nighteye had his other arm up to shield himself from the paper. This was his opportunity. "Whether you like it or not, I am All Might’s successor!"

The seal was lifted up elegantly and Izuku shot past it. Nighteye huffed, "That doesn't alter what I see."

"Not yet!" Izuku snapped. He shifted his gaze and froze when he saw how close the poster of All Might was. He froze and slammed into the wall muzzle first. He slid down with a mixture of panic and relief. "I'm not...done."

"It’s over." Nighteye said calmly.

"No, it's not!"  Izuku whipped around in protest. He looked at the clock as the second hand passed over the 12 setting.

"Three minutes have passed." Nighteye said.

"What?" Izuku's werewolf body started to change with barely any bones shifting audibly. He lifted his palm to his nose and noticed the impact had caused it to bleed. He shifted it into place firmly as his muzzle shrank and felt his healing take hold.

"You’re All Might’s successor?" Nighteye snorted. "It beggars belief. You devised only a single plan and it failed spectacularly, leaving you worn out."

"I didn't botch this test because I'm tired." Izuku snarled in frustration. 

"Then what happened?" Nighteye sighed.

Izuku looked down as he berated himself. He didn't want to admit his fanboy tendencies had gotten in the way. A weakness and a fault he let drag him down the entire three minutes. "I realized I was about to step on the All Might 10th anniversary poster. The one that was never for sale."

Nighteye looked around sharply and Izuku closed his eyes in anger at himself. Why hadn’t he just ignored that impulse? He should have just gone all out from the beginning. Kacchan would be so disappointed in him. 'Who the fuck cares about anyone else's fan shit?!' He'd say. 

'Goddammit.' Izuku thought to himself. 

"Hn-" A puff of air filled Izuku's ears at the same time the door was flung open. Bubble Girl and Togata-Senpai entered the room in mirroring poses with their arms out.

"And queue our well-timed return!" Togata-Senpai grinned.

"You're done right Sir?" Bubble Girl asked. "That loud bang there at the end sounded pretty final."

"I'll take the boy Mirio." Nighteye announced and Izuku jerked his head to look at the hero.

"That's awesome!" Togata-Senpai cheered.

"What?!" Izuku gaped at the hero in shock. "I don't understand. I didn't do either of the two things you asked me to do!"

"I told you to take the seal from me and stamp the contract yourself. But I didn't say you would be rejected if you failed." Nighteye turned to look down at him. That smelled very much like a half lie. What had Izuku done to change his mind?

"Yeah but-..." Izuku was so confused. That was a ruse on Aizawa-Sensei's level.

"Congrats Midoriya, you pulled it off!" Togata-Senpai beamed as he walked over to Izuku to help him up. Nighteye walked to the desk and Izuku followed the hero still in a state of shock. "So, he made you laugh after all."

Laugh? Izuku hadn't managed to be funny at all!

"I had already decided I would take you on when I heard you were coming." Nighteye admitted and Izuku jerked. He was wrong... That was a ruse of Aizawa-Sensei's level. Nighteye turned holding the contract out. "I also knew you weren't entirely lacking in skill and intellect. But I still wanted to see it for myself." 

Izuku stared as awe replaced all of his dread and confusion. He was so cool! Izuku had thought he'd be rejected for sure! Everyone All Might knew was so amazing! 

"The Symbol of Peace is gone. The people are looking not for a dim light, but a dazzling one." Nighteye glared towards him either purpose. "You'll work here alongside professionals. And you will see, regardless of All Might’s mandate, you are not worthy of his power."

As Nighteye held out and dropped the seal, Izuku held out his hand and it fell there lightly. One For All could only be transferred by the will of its creator. He was taking Izuku on to make him give up. He was All Might’s successor, but Nighteye didn't accept that. He believed that Togata-Senpai should have been selected instead. That was unsettling to accept. He was an interloper taking succession from someone else. Even so... 

"I look forward to working with you." Izuku looked up at Nighteye with determination in his eyes. As he stamped the contract himself. He would prove he was worthy, there was no other option going forward. The same way he did with Gran Torino, he would show Nighteye he was capable. 

 


 

Back at the dorms Izuku joined his classmates in the communal lounge after dinner. Detailing his day at their questioning looks.

"You found an agency for your work study then? Congratulations Deku, that's awesome!" Uraraka cheered for him.

"Indeed, well done Midoriya." Iida congratulated and held out his hand.

"Thanks guys." Izuku shook his Delta's hand even while the accomplishment felt bittersweet.

"Thank you, you're an example to us all." Iida shifted his glasses with pride. His words settled Izuku's inner wolf, the act interpreted as leading the way for their pack and assuring them he was doing his best and they could too. 

"I don’t know how the rest of us are supposed to compete though." Kaminari piped up as he walked over from the dining room.

"Yeah you’re working at Sir Nighteye's agency. That's seriously amazing." Sero agreed. "And I hear Togata-Senpai recommended you.""

"Pretty impressive man." Sato nodded with a grin. Izuku flushed under all the praise.

"Umm, yeah I guess." Izuku looked aside, knowing Nighteye just wanted to get him to give up One For All certainly put a damper on the whole experience.

"I wish I had a place picked out. The Gunhead agency hasn't had enough interns, so his agency is a no go." Uraraka complained. 

"Tell me about it. I wanted to go to Selkie's but that's out too." Asui sighed. 

"Yeah, so is Fourth Kind, he doesn't even accept students for work studies." Kirishima whined.

"Our teachers sure aren't making it easy for us, are they?" Sero huffed.

"Thanks to all these requirements a ton of agencies are ruled out right off the bat." Kaminari shook his head.

"We can't really blame them. Unlike the internships we'll be directly involved." Ojiro spoke up from the table where he sat across from Shoji. "If anything were to go wrong-... "

"-Then the pros will have to take responsibility for whatever happened." Aizawa-Sensei's voice cut in and Izuku turned to see his pack mate and teacher walking into the common room. 

"Oh, hey Aizawa-Sensei!" Kaminari greeted. 

"Only pros who are the real deal will take on rookies like you guys, knowing the risks involved." Aizawa-Sensei explained and Izuku understood that. Taking responsibility would be hard with excitable hero trainees like them. Especially ones who didn’t have villain experience like they did. "Tokoyami, you've got an offer from one of them. Hawks has invited you to work with him in Kyushu." 

"No way!" Kaminari gasped. 

"Dude he's the number three hero!" Sero hissed in shock. That was an amazing offer. Izuku looked to the other teen who looked as unruffled as ever. "That’s awesome."

"Good job!" Sato praised. 

"Well, what do you say?" Aizawa-Sensei asked Tokoyami directly. 

"I respectfully accept." Tokoyami ducked his beak in a polite nod. Izuku beamed in pride, his friends were really doing it all on their own. 

"Alright then, I’ll make sure you get the relevant paperwork later." Aizawa-Sensei nodded slightly. "Just let me know when you’re expected, I can sign off on your absences." 

"Good job Tokoyami." One of Shoji's arms shifted to a mouth to speak to the other teen. "Are you psyched?"

"I am grateful of course." Tokoyami turned to look at his friend. 

"Also, Kirishima, apparently Amajiki of the Big Three wants to talk to you about something." Aizawa-Sensei called to the second Beta of their pack. The red head shot up from the couch curiously. 

"He wants me?" Kirishima pointed at himself before shooting a curious look to where Kacchan was standing next to Todoroki. They had oddly been together most of the night after their training together. Izuku was just glad that hadn't come to blows in the common room. Their rivalry it seemed was put on hold.

"Asui and Uraraka, you’ve got your own Big Three summons from Hadou." Aizawa-Sensei turned his gaze to the two girls sitting across from Izuku. "You can track them down sometime tomorrow or whatever. That’s all for now." 

Aizawa-Sensei looked to Izuku with a flash of red in his eyes in acknowledgement of Izuku being there. Izuku smiled as his own eyes flashed with his wolf peering out. Izuku wouldn’t have made it this far without Aizawa-Sensei's strong and unflappable line to follow. 

"Amajiki? That’s crazy, I wonder what he wants?" Kirishima cupped the back of his head with both hands in thought. 

"Considering the timing it could be about the work study program." Asui mused with a finger on her lip. 

"No way! That'd be too good to be true right?!" Uraraka blinked in shock. 

"Rrgh, I have to wait until tomorrow?" Kirishima looked up with a determined glare. "Nope! I'm goin’ over to the third years dorm right now!" 

"I don’t think I can wait either, let’s go with him." Asui stood up from the couch. 

"Yeah!" Uraraka got up in agreement and they walked towards the front doors. 

"Aww man I'm so jealous of those guys." Kaminari whined.

"We need to work harder." Sero suggested. 

"Huh, who cares about work studies anyways? First years like us will just be stuck running errands and doing paperwork all day." Mineta scoffed as he stared up at Ashido next to his seat. 

"Ah yeah, that’s what happened to you at your internship huh?" Kaminari snickered. 

"Don’t remind me of my disgraceful past!" Mineta shrieked. It elicited laughter all around.

Izuku looked down, still troubled by everything that had happened. He turned in his seat to look at where Kacchan was lingering with Todoroki. His mate was stewing about the provisional license training. But Izuku needed his mate right now. So when Kacchan looked back at him, his red eyes darkened with knowledge. 

Kacchan detached from Todoroki with a huff and stormed off towards the elevators. Izuku got up himself and extricated himself with an excuse of leaving to rest up for the following day. Instead he headed to Kacchan's room from the stairwell. The door opened when Izuku got there and Kacchan grabbed him by the front of his shirt. Izuku stumbled in and found himself pushed up against the back of Kacchan’s door.

"H-How was training?" Izuku stammered over the first real words they'd exchanged since coming home this afternoon. Both of them far too wrapped up in other things mentally.

"I’m not fucking talking about that shit." Kacchan snarled. He leaned closer and their bodies ended up flush together instead. "What’s screwing with your head? You better not fucking work like that. Gonna get your ass killed." 

Izuku shivered as Kacchan bit his ear in punishment. Izuku titled his head and nosed into the hair behind Kacchan's ear in response. He smelled like ash and nitroglycerin, so familiar and welcoming. It soothed Izuku's anxious energy, calming the way he felt rattled. "Sir Nighteye knows about All Might." 

"Hn, was his fucking sidekick." Kacchan backed up and dragged Izuku into the rest of the dorm room. With a shove Izuku flopped onto the bed and Kacchan straddled his hips while yanking his tank top off. 

"He... he thinks Togata-Senpai is a better candidate to have One For All." Izuku confessed. "Nighteye only let me join the agency to convince me to give it to Togata-Senpai." 

"Tch, that bastards already strong enough." Kac-Katsuki snorted and dragged Izuku's shirt off. Before Izuku could drop his hands to Katsuki's sides, his scarred hand was lifted to Katsuki’s mouth. Firm lips pressed to each scar on his hand. "You fucking broke yourself for that damn quirk. Damn werewolf healing couldn’t even fix that shit." 

"B-But what if... what if he’s right?" Izuku leaned up on his elbow and implored his mate with his eyes. "What if Togata-Senpai is more suited to One For All than I am. It's too much, it did almost break me." 

"You saying All Might is wrong?" Katsuki looked down at him seriously. None of his usual vitriol was in his eyes, the kind of fire that Izuku was used to seeing in Kacchan’s eyes. Instead this was that smoldering look that he'd given Izuku after their fight. Izuku sat up, hands pulling free to settle on either side of Katsuki's ribs. Izuku dropped his head in the center of Katsuki's chest. This was why he loved his mate so much he felt like he might die from it. Katsuki was always so sure, more sure when Izuku wasn’t. 

"I don’t know if All Might was wrong, but that’s my doubts. All Might knew what he was doing when he chose me." Izuku looked up and Katsuki was watching him disturbingly patiently. Izuku didn’t want to disappoint him. "I don’t think you’re wrong either." 

"Good, cause I'm not." Katsuki snarled and dropped their mouths together. In seconds Izuku had slipped his hands down into Katsuki's sweatpants and had dragged them down under his ass. Izuku kneaded clawed fingers over Kacchan's lower cheeks and sucked in the growly groan that slipped through Katsuki's lips. "Fuck." 

"Please, " Izuku growled and flopped back onto the bed. Katsuki grabbed for the bottle of lube beneath his pillow. Katsuki divested them both of the rest of their clothing and returned to hovering over Izuku. With an impatient look directed at him, Izuku slicked his fingers up and returned to what he'd been doing. His claws took a slight bit of effort to return to his skin, but he managed. Katsuki ground their cocks together and it served to distract both of them from the two fingers delving home inside Katsuki at once. 

Izuku inhaled the mixed aroma of their scents merging and the spicy sweet tang of arousal that was stifling the room. Izuku tilted his head up and Katsuki fused their lips together. Tongues tangling and shifting together. He crooked his fingers up and hooked a third through Katsuki's grasping rim. His mate hissed as the kiss broke and glared down with red eyes. "M'not gonna fuckin break keep going." 

"I know." Izuku nipped his mate's jaw. "I know, but you still have training." 

He took his time opening his mate up, knowing he would need to be gentler than Katsuki wanted. Despite how welcoming and pliant he felt right now, he'd still need the extra prep. He couldn’t heal like Izuku could. He didn’t want to leave his mate feeling too worn out the next day.

The warm heat of his mate grasped his fingers. The undulation of a hot chick thrusting across Izuku's erecting across his abs was driving him insane. The change in friction had Katsuki tossing his head back as he sought the feeling on his cock and rode himself on Izuku's fingers at the same time. Izuku ate up the sight, the rare vulnerable look on Katsuki's face was for him and him alone. Just the same as his pleasured look was for Katsuki only. 

Izuku pressed firmly on his partners prostate and licked up the column of his throat. The taste of his sweat paired with his scent and voice made Izuku's head spin with want. He arched his hips up on the next undulating thrust Katsuki made. Their sweat made everything slick and Izuku rumbled a deep growl. Katsuki reared up, planting his hands on Izuku's stomach firmly. 

"Fucking now Izuku," Katsuki demanded with a red flush to his cheeks. Izuku gaped at that expression. Damn was that a sexy face Katsuki was making. Izuku pulled his fingers fee and cupped the backs of Katsuki’s thighs as he shifted up and arranged himself. Izuku flexed his hips, feeling Katsuki's hands tense on his abs was telling. The anticipation burned them both with want. So he planned to go slow. 

Izuku pressed in, the head of his cock slipping past Katuski's rim gently. The lube there more than enough to slick the way. Katsuki arched his back and took Izuku in by just lowering quickly. Izuku nearly swallowed his tongue as all that heat and tightness closed over him. He boggled at his mate who just looked pleased with himself. So much for slow! "Katsuki!" 

"Taking too damn long." Katsuki snorted and rolled his hips in a circle causing Izuku to hiss as his teeth grew in his mouth. "You better fuck me Izuku, because I'll kick your ass if you don’t." 

That was a weak threat, Izuku noted, Katsuki was usually much more vicious. Izuku popped his hips up sharply and Katsuki jolted once as Izuku found the explosive teen's prostate in an instant. Katsuki looked at him like he had just grown a second head. Well, Izuku was pretty good a provoking his mate. Katsuki glared but lost that glare a second later when Izuku repeated the motion as his mate lifted up again. A delicious groan met Izuku's ears.

Izuku ran his scarred hand up around Katsuki's ass to skim up his back as he let Katsuki set the pace. It was a lot in an instant just letting Katsuki lead, but it was so worth it. The sucking pressure dragging up and down his cock, punctuated by the tightening when Izuku drove himself in to unsettle them both. He let loose a rumbling moan that sounded more wolf than human.

Izuku wrapped both hands around Katsuki's hips as he used Izuku's abdomen as a brace. Izuku threw his head back at the image of Katsuki riding him, furiously bouncing on his cock. It sounded obscene with the slick slide of him sliding in and out. Izuku flushed with burning arousal that matched the heavy wanting ache growing in his abdomen and groin. 

Izuku looked up and took in the sight of Katsuki biting his lip, eyes screwed shut, hair sticking to his forehead and cheek with sweat. His cock was purpling with need, leaking between his own hands as they clenched on Izuku's abs. Perfect, he was so perfect. When he was fucking into Izuku or fucking himself on Izuku, he was so overwhelmingly gorgeous. 

Izuku grasped his mate's cock and reveled in the snarling curse Katsuki released at the sensation. He angled his feet on the bed and joined in more actively, meeting each downward motion with a firm press of his hips. Feeling himself get sucked deeper into the slick channel of his mates ass.

He watched his mate and freed his other hand to grasp that ash blond hair and drag him down for a kiss that burned into his blood. The pleasure spiked as Katsuki tensed and his inner muscles tightened on him. He pumped his hand in time to their thrusts, clenching on the head of Katsuki's cock. With a furious curse Katsuki spilled in Izuku's hand. 

The hot gush of cum was paired with Katsuki jerking from his lips to latch onto his neck with a harsh bite. So much heat, and pressure, with hot jets of cum on his stomach and chest, it overloaded his brain. Izuku growled as his hips sped up and he came as the combined sensations shot stars behind his eyelids. Izuku was still moving when the rush of perfect bliss started to flood him and roll through his body. And there he was Katsuki deep in his mind, satisfied and happy feeling.

"Yeah, yeah that’s right." Katsuki's voice murmured in his ear as Izuku tried to gather his wits about him. "My Zuku...cum for me, only for me."

"Jus' you." Izuku slurred as the high of orgasm started to fade. "Love you..." 

"Love you too." Katsuki kissed his ear and moved to lift himself up. Izuku wrapped his arms around his mate instead. Keeping them still, a long moment passed before Katsuki ran his sweaty palms up Izuku's sides. "I got you nerd, I'm here." 

And that burned in Izuku's chest with a fierce blaze. Katsuki was here, had always been here. In the way that All Might was here. All Might wasn’t wrong to have chosen Izuku as One For All's next holder. And Katsuki wasn’t wrong to acknowledge Izuku for having it. He would just have to show Sir Nighteye he was worthy. Maybe in the process they could both see what All Might and Kacchan saw in him. 

 


 

The next day Izuku stood in his hero gear next to Togata-Senpai and Bubble Girl before Sir Nighteye's desk. He was refreshed and determined to prove himself to the hero. He was worthy and he would keep telling himself that. If he didn’t...Kacchan might kick his ass. Sir Nighteye turned to look at them seriously. "Today we will be doing patrols and surveillance." Nighteye instructed. "We’ll split up into two teams. I'll be with Bubble Girl and Mirio you're with Midoriya." 

"Surveillance?" Izuku murmured in thought. 

"The Nighteye agency is currently working on a secret investigation." Bubble Girl explained next to him. 

"The Shie Hassaikai is a small organized crime syndicate." Nighteye spoke and opened a book filled with newspaper clippings a picture tumbled free to show a man with short dark hair wearing what looked like a plague doctor mask on the lower half of his face. "That’s Chisaki Kai, the young head of the group, he's the second in command. He's been behaving strangely lately. That plague mask is his trademark." 

"Creepy." Izuku observed. It was a very unsettling image, incorrigible this was a yakuza gangster. It set his teeth on edge just looking at a picture. Izuku's instincts weren’t usually wrong. "I thought there wasn’t much trouble with organized crime these days. The police know who they are and monitor their movements." 

"It’s been that way ever since the big groups broke up, but this Chisaki guy has started to gather them together again." Bubble Girl explained to him. "We don’t know why; The details are unclear. But we do know he made contact with the League of Villains recently." 

"The League of Villains?!" Izuku's eyes shot wide as he processed her words. Memories of dry fingers wrapped around his throat, of reaching for Kacchan while his mate was dragged into a dark portal. Izuku shut his eyes tightly as his inner wolf snarled viciously in reaction to the mere mention of the villains who had targeted them and their pack regularly and consistently. 

"Unfortunately, we don’t have solid proof linking him to anything criminal yet. Hissaikai operates in a legal gray area that’s close to black. But we can’t treat them like villains" Nighteye said with a bitter note to his voice. He lifted the picture and looked it over in thought. "Our objective is to tail them and find out what they’re up to. Be careful not to arouse any suspicion." 

"Yes sir!" All three of them responded to Nighteye's orders. This was what set work studies apart from the internships. He would do his best and not fail.  

 *

Notes:

I would like to apologize for the delay here. Between Halloween, which is my anniversary, a head cold for the entire house, other writing projects, holiday planning, and setting my two year old up with his last neurology appointments... It had been a busy few weeks.

Hopefully that's all good now. I worked on this the whole time. The fourth episode just popped up on the site I watch on. So keep your eyes open. Thank you for being patient and reading. :3

Chapter 74: Fighting Fate

Summary:

Izuku meets Eri, and uncovers the history between All Might and Nighteye

Chapter Text

"Hey look, heroes!" An excited female voice was one of many he'd heard throughout the patrol Togata-Senpai took him on. He was even more impressive in his hero gear than he was streaking around and destroying his classmates. The attention of the citizens was making him a little awkward feeling. "That’s the guy from the UA sports festival." 

"This...is sort of nerve wracking." Izuku wasn’t sure who they were talking about exactly. But the attention was unsettling in a new way. In his childhood it was from reporters hounding his pack about Lycan's attack, his father’s death, and his inheriting of the werewolf quirk. Now it wasn’t other things about him getting attention, it was his role as a hero trainee. Or maybe they were focused on Togata-Senpai. It was easier if Izuku just told himself that’s where the attention was going. 

"What gives, you went out on patrol during your internship didn’t you?" Togata-Senpai asked curiously. "I guess I don’t blame you for being shaken about what went down." 

Izuku had fought Stain that night and seen Nomu wrecking everything. The fight to protect his packmates, in the midst of the heroes protecting the citizens. That was a different experience entirely. Gran Torino had focused more on training inside after that night. Izuku looked aside awkwardly, “It’s not that, I just missed out on learning some of the basics." 

"Yeah? That must be strange." Togata-Senpai looked down through his yellow visor. He smiled and threw up a thumbs up. "Ah, don’t you worry, Sir and Bubble are the ones watching the target today. So, I can teach you all about patrol duty. We'll bring you up to snuff! Just watch and learn my friend!"  

Izuku nodded at his senpai's assurances. He just couldn’t shake his uneasy thoughts though. Why hadn’t All Might told him about Nighteye? What could have happened between them that they weren’t even on speaking terms anymore? And what if Togata-Senpai really was a better candidate to hold and control One For All?

"Hey we forgot something." Togata-Senpai leaned down into Izuku’s sight line. Izuku blinked, he'd been too engrossed with his thoughts that he hadn’t even noticed the other teen re-approaching him. That wasn’t good, he was on patrol. "Our hero names, we should know each other’s, right?" 

"Oh yeah, yeah totally." Izuku grinned with excitement. "I'm Deku, the Full Moon Hero!"  

"Deku? Like deck?" Togata-Senpai frowned, "That’s weird." 

"I like it." Izuku beamed, Kacchan had always called him that. And Uraraka thought it meant trying his best. And that's all he'd ever done after he became a werewolf, his best. In controlling himself, and his instincts. 

" 'Kay, well I'm Lemillion." Togata-Senpai announced. "You know for all the people I'll save. Can’t save them all but I can shoot for saving a million. That’s what I'm doing, when we put on our costumes and start hittin' the streets, that’s when we become heroes. So, don’t let your guard down Deku."

"Got it," Izuku nodded glad for the advice, "Lemillion." 

They started back off and Izuku took those words to heart. He settled his doubts deep in his mind, he needed to be as alert as his inner instincts demanded with the combined effort of analytics. As they started off Izuku became aware of the patter of footsteps. He was walking past the lip of an alleyway at the exact moment a small body streaked out.

A young girl barreled right into him and bounced back onto the sidewalk. Long wavy grey white hair spilled around a round face. A small horn grew out of one side of her forehead. Dark red eyes glanced up at him with raw fear there. Izuku froze at that look, then his eyes swept along the rest of her. A threadbare tan dress that looked more like a long shirt covered her, but bandages ran the length of her arms and legs.

"Whoa I'm sorry! You took a tumble," Izuku sank to one knee and made himself level with her. Not a threat, he wasn't a danger at all. He reached out to try and calm that frightened look in her eyes, but she flinched back immediately. "Are you okay? Can I help you up?" 

The second he cupped her under her arms he noticed her entire body was trembling. She felt light, lighter than a child should be at her age. Kouta hadn’t even felt this light. Not eating enough, she felt starved. 

"You should be more careful." A voice called from the depths of the alleyway. Izuku looked up as the girl flinched even more violently in his hands. Izuku stiffened in utter shock when the man in question exited the alleyway. Plague mask in place and his face completely recognizable. Izuku had looked at his picture with the intent to memorize every inch of it barely a few hours ago. "We don’t wanna cause trouble for the heroes." 

Chisaki Kai. 

"I hope you’ll forgive my daughter, hero." Chisaki bowed his head and closed his eyes like he was smiling ruefully. "I don’t know what to do with her, always playing rough and bumping into things." 

Izuku was still frozen his mind whirling over the appearance of the target they were after. Why was he here? What was he doing? Why had this girl been running from him? Izuku’s inner frantic questioning was halted when his hood was yanked up and onto his head. 

"Whoopsie daisy, looks like that darn mask came off again." Togata-Senpai laughed, "You might want to think about getting it re-sized my friend." 

Izuku looked up at him in shock. 

"I'm so sorry about that." Togata-Senpai directed his attention to Chisaki. Izuku realized he'd been an idiot. He wasn’t concealing his expression. They were supposed to do everything they could not to act suspicious. "I know that mask, you’re from the Hissaikai aren’t you? You guys are famous around here." 

"Yeah, don’t mind the mask. It keeps out the filth." The man’s smarmy voice grated on Izuku's ears and his inner wolf wanted to bear its fangs. He didn’t like how this girl had fallen so still. It was like prey trying to hide in plain sight by just being still enough. "I don’t believe I've seen you two in the area before." 

"Well we're still pretty new, but you probably already guessed that much." Togata-Senpai scrubbed the back of his hand on his neck bashfully. "On your feet partner, can’t do much from way down there." 

Izuku understood the order, but all of his instincts demanded he yank this child up and sprint for safety. The scent of her fear was all he could smell on her. That and chemicals. It made his teeth itch with his fury; no child should smell like this much fear. Hospitals didn’t even smell this sterile. 

"So, what agency do you two belong to?" Chisaki asked. 

"We're only students, far too lowly to be claiming association with an agency." Togata-Senpai waved his hands like he was too humbled to even be able to work out in public. It was good he was talking here. Izuku wasn’t sure he could handle it right now. Not while he was still holding this terrified girl as she tried to hide in the circle of his arms. He could feel her terror soul deep. "We're just using our internships for experience. Speaking of which, we need to finish patrolling this area before lunch. Come on!" 

Togata-Senpai took a few steps away. Trying to disengage them, keep the suspicion down. Izuku wasn’t comfortable with that, but he had to follow orders. As he shifted his weight the girl tightened her grip on his hero suit. He looked down at the expression of her need for him to stay. He saw her face frozen with terror, not even looking at him. But her tears and the desperate grip she had on him told him everything he needed to know. She didn’t want him to leave, she was afraid of this man.

"Please...please don’t go." She whispered so quiet only his werewolf hearing could pick it up. Izuku rumbled deep in his chest a comforting sound. The kind of sound he'd given to Kouta to calm his fear. He couldn’t leave, not when she was asking him for help. Not when she so clearly needed it. Izuku needed to play this smart, he was a predator animal, and he was being asked by a pup to protect her. 

Izuku blew out a breath and looked up anxiously, like he was as inexperienced as he truly felt he was. Not good with kids, totally out of his depth, that was the image he was trying to project. "Um... excuse me but...your daughter seems scared." 

Chisaki narrowed his eyes at them. "A reaction to being scolded." 

Oh, what a lie that was. Izuku could taste the peppery scent of it. 

"Sure." Togata-Senpai accepted that explanation for him and Izuku gritted his fangs. What was he supposed to do here? He should follow his seniors lead; an entire investigation was riding on his ability extricate himself here. But she wasn’t letting go, and he didn’t want to let go either. 

"She's got bandages all over, this is from playing rough?" Izuku latched onto the obvious. Any hero worth their salt would question that right? She dropped her head to his chest, and he melted with the need to protect her. 

"Eri is an exceptionally clumsy girl." Chisaki explained away like a pro. 

"Her whole body is shaking and she’s not making a sound, does that seem normal to you?" Izuku couldn’t pull the words back. His challenge filled the air with so much tension he would have flattened his ears had he been transformed. 

"It’s dangerous to make assumptions about what's normal for other people." Chisaki narrowed his eyes at Izuku in response to his challenge. Izuku fought with himself, he couldn’t be rash here. 

"Yeah, everybody’s different." Togata-Senpai tried one more time to diffuse the situation. Izuku needed to follow his seniors direction, but what self-respecting hero would leave a frightened child? Iuzku was a hero first and foremost.

"Tell me, what are you doing to this girl?" Izuku snarled and cupped the back of her head as his claws grew and pointed his gloves. 

Chisaki was silent, tension all along his body. Izuku felt for sure that a fight was going to break out. He was ready, even if he ruined all progress, they could take him in now for this. All of a sudden the tension flowed out of the gangsters body. He looked up and lifted his hands up in a shrug as if he were at a loss.

"You heroes pick up on the subtlest things, very well." The yakuza boss sighed. "This situation is embarrassing. I'd prefer to discuss it where we won’t be overheard." 

As he walked back into the alleyway an opening was put before them. He was ready to take off and leave the girl. A risk all on its own, Izuku was sure he would dismantle his whole operation, and whatever he was doing that Nighteye was trying to look into would be lost. They had to go in there and settle this to keep the suspicion low. Izuku rose to his feet holding Eri close. She had blindly trusted him; he wasn’t going to let her down. With a look at Togata-Senpai who was technically in charge he nodded at his seniors decision. They walked in after their target. As he gave them his back blatantly, he gestured with his gloved hand.

"Hard to admit that you can’t control your own child. But lately Eri defies me no matter what I try." Chisaki drawled lazily. 

"What do you try?" Izuku growled. 

"Parenting man, sounds rough, that can’t be easy." Togata-Senpai was still playing the flighty teen hero, Izuku knew that was going to salvage this entire situation. His protective instincts were riding so high he feared he really was going to ruin this whole case. 

"Yes, children are tricky." Chisaki sighed. His next words weren’t so lazy, they sounded much more dangerous. “So, determined to do whatever they want, that sometimes they just don’t listen." 

Izuku saw his hands slide down, and the hidden one crossed over to slip a finger into his glove. Like he was going to take it off. Iuzku zeroed in on it, was his quirk touch related? Eri stiffened in his arms, she had noticed as well. That was as good as verbal confirmation. What was his quirk? Was that what she was so afraid of? He was using his quirk on her? 

Eri ripped herself out of his arms and Izuku jolted at the unexpected move. She landed on her bare feet and sprinted for Chisaki. She drew near and stopped, every line of her body expressing defeat. "Oh, finally done with your temper tantrum?" 

She nodded!

"E-Eri...are you-...sure?" Izuku needed to keep up the act. All he wanted to do was rush over and snatch her away. That motion had been a threat no two ways about it. 

"She's always like this." Chisaki answered for her. Every red flag Izuku had shook violently in his face. "Sorry to involve you in our family drama, I'm sure you have better things to be doing. Good luck with your internships." 

Izuku started forward with an angered growl bubbling up his throat. Togata-Senpai held his arm out to stop Izuku's advance. He strangled his growl and it was immediately replaced with a whine at seeing her just go back to her abuser. "Eri..." 

"We're not going after them." Togata-Senpai said to him. "Didn’t you notice? He was ready to get violent, that’s why she went back." 

Izuku did notice, that threat had been loud and clear. Enough for a child to notice. Familiar almost, maybe this had happened before? 

"If we keep pushing him, he's going to be even harder to catch." Togata-Senpai warned, "For now let's report to Sir." 

Izuku pulled his hood back and closed his eyes as his frustration boiled over. He bared his teeth in a soundless snarl and turned on his heel. They left the alleyway and relocated while continuing their patrol. 

After Togata-Senpai made a call to Sir Nighteye they met up like nothing was unordinary about it. Rain poured over the city, taking away even Izuku's sense of tracking. They were gone entirely. 

"Sorry, it was a total oops." Togata-Senpai reported everything to the heroes. "Like what are the odds of running into a target on the street like that?"

"No, I must accept responsibility." Nighteye held his hand up to stop Togata-Senpai. "I should have used Foresight on you two. It's my fault." 

"I'm just glad you guys are okay." Bubble Girl sighed in relief. "You could have been in danger if he'd suspected something." 

"He didn’t feel all that dangerous to me." Izuku reported. While he'd needed to protect that girl, she'd decided to protect them instead. That burned him worse than watching her go back to her abuser.  It was the predator who felt less dangerous that could turn out to be the most. 

"Chisaki and his gang was involved in a recent traffic accident caused by a group of hoodlums." Nighteye spoke, "Which isn’t remarkable in and of itself. Except there were zero casualties. The thieves experienced intense pain and lost consciousness. But they were uninjured. They even reported pre-existing conditions such as rheumatism and cavities were completely gone. The authorities believe Chisaki's quirk might have been the cause. But with the villains caught and no one harmed there was no crime to accuse him of." 

"The money they stole was burned up, so there was nothing to recover." Bubble Girl added in, "The police didn’t find evidence of a crime in that either. But the whole thing seemed suspicious so Nighteye Agency started surveillance on the Hissaikai. We haven’t figured out what it is they’re up to yet. But we know they’re up to something." 

"Oh Sir, we got lucky." Togata-Senpai drew the hero's attention back to him. "Our brief encounter revealed Chisaki has a daughter." 

"A daughter?" Nighteye asked curiously.

"A little girl he called Eri." Izuku explained, inside his wolf brayed for the pup he couldn’t protect. "Her limbs were all wrapped in bandages. I don’t know anything else about her, but she was asking for help. There must be something we can do to protect her."

"I won’t let your arrogance interfere with this case." Nighteye snapped at him suddenly. Izuku flinched at the fierce tone.

"But Sir..." Izuku trailed off under the pointed finger that swing out at him. 

"Haste won’t make the situation better. Take your time pursuing a target." Nighteye instructed. "If you rush, they are that much more likely to escape. You’re not so special that you can save whoever you want whenever you want." 

Izuku knew that, he'd told himself that very thing. But knowing that, and being faced with her tears, her abject fear... it was easier to say that than to do it. That he wasn’t able to save her was a blatant demonstration of those facts. He was an intern, a student, he wasn’t the pro hero he dreamed to be yet. He wasn’t All Might. 

"We've asked other agencies to team up with us. We must first predict our opponents moves and make preparations to face him." Nighteye explained and Izuku looked up at the hero. "Good intentions alone aren’t enough to save the world. The wisest villains hide in the shadows. In order to find them we much watch and wait." 

This first day was a bitter pill to swallow. Reality was harsher than he expected it to be. Every time. 

"You two should head back to the office." Nighteye ordered and turned. "Come Bubble Girl." 

"Yes Sir." She followed after the other hero. 

It was sickening to wonder what was happening to Eri right this moment. What terrible things was he doing to her in punishment for running away? For reaching out to him for help. Izuku gritted his fangs and followed his Senpai angrily. 

 


 

The class was noisy around Izuku. But he was too buried in his head to really pay attention. Kacchan's roaring voice wasn’t even enough to draw him back. Izuku knew his mate was banged up from his training. He hadn’t sought Iuzku out to soothe it, so he must see the injuries as his own responsibility to look after. Or he could sense how torn up Izuku was feeling, giving him space. Izuku was burdening his mate with his volatile emotions. But he couldn’t get Eri out of his mind. She was there every time he closed his eyes, her tears and terror plaguing him. 

"Hey how did your work study go? Were there lots of scantily clad heroines at the agency huh?" Mineta asked Izuku. 

"Yeah...sure." Izuku muttered. He truly want paying attention. 

Kacchan whipped around in his seat and leaned down into Izuku's face. "I don’t wanna hear about you getting ahead of me Deku." 

Izuku mustered up a small smile for his mate. He leaned forward to bump their foreheads together. The unspoken 'get out of your damn head nerd' was clear between them. What would he do without Kacchan?

Despite Kacchan trying to snap him out of it Izuku still couldn’t concentrate in class. Cementoss had to call him out more than once for his inattention, even resorting to swatting him with a rolled-up notebook. He almost drowned in rescue training as well, needing Aizawa-Sensei to pull him out. Thirteen-Sensei had freaked out over him as well. Izuku was frustrated, and it was affecting him in everything. Something needed to change, and it needed to change now. 

 


 

Working out now felt so overwhelming in human form. But Toshinori was anything but lax. He was going to maintain what muscle mass his werewolf quirk had given him. That meant cardio to work on his mostly fixed lungs. It was part of his new routine, and it allowed him to flex the inner wolf under his skin. Patrolling the schools perimeter and exercising at the same time. At night he knew he could sometimes find Aizawa out here doing the same thing. If their attention allowed their alphas to focus on their studies and training, all the better. 

Toshinori took a break to breathe and re-center himself when he heard the sound of racing footsteps. He turned and saw a dust cloud tearing down the path towards him. At the epicenter, covered in green lightning was Midoriya. "All Might!  I need to talk to you!" 

That was utterly terrifying. Seeing his alpha, with One For All activated, bearing down on him like that. "Whoa-kay Young Midoriya is here!" His student skidded to a stop and bent over to catch his breath.  "Hold on, how did you even know where I was?"

Maybe a teacher had given him a tip? Regardless, Toshinori was dreading the conversation he knew was coming. The conversation he'd been avoiding since before he ever met Young Midoriya. He turned to start his exercise back up.

"You knew...what I was walking into." Midoriya spoke, "Nighteye understands how One For All works. And he wanted you to pass it on to Togata-Senpai, not me. You had to know I'd find out everything. So why didn’t you warn me about it?" 

"I wasn’t sure it was my place to tell you." Toshinori said as his chest twisted painfully. 

"Of course, it was!" Young Midoriya yelled. "To hear all of this at once and be rejected by him! Before I even had a chance to make sense of it all, the worst part was not knowing why you kept it a secret, how I should feel about it! I need to know everything All Might! Not as your fan but as your successor!" 

Dammit. 

"I didn’t think knowing this information would help with your development." Toshinori was such a damn liar, he truthfully didn’t want to face his old sidekick, and admit he was right about everything all those years ago. "But if you want the truth-?" 

"Anything is better than you keeping secrets from me." Shit, that punched him right in his heart. His mistakes, his in capabilities, his negligence had led to this and he only had himself to blame. 

"You may regret this." He informed his student. 

"I won’t." Young Midoriya was such an inspiration all on his own. Accepting and good at heart, protective and assertive when he needed to be. It was no wonder his wolf translated to being an alpha. 

"Alright, so Nighteye had always been a fan of mine." Toshinori started, "It was my policy not to take on sidekicks. But eventually I gave in and let him be my number two. We worked together for about five years. He was the brain behind my operations." 

"I know that much; I also know you two got along." Young Midoriya, such a research fiend. Despite the bad blood, he and Nighteye were really two peas in a pod. 

"We did, but six years ago we dissolved our partnership because of my injury." Toshinori explained as his scar seemed to ache in response. "Turns out we had different values." 

He told Young Midoriya about the aftermath of his fight with All For One six years ago. How Nighteye had urged him to step down, retire right then and there. But Toshinori had needed to keep going, to continue to show the world they had nothing to fear. Nighteye believed he needed to retire so that the world would see him as the legend he had become. Nedzu had offered up the chance to look for his successor. Nighteye had told him he needed to find a cheery and sunny candidate to take his place. Toshinori had been more concerned with the world losing its Symbol Of Peace. Without him another villain would take All For One's place. 

Then Nighteye had given him an ultimatum. Warned him that he would not watch Toshinori if he didn’t agree to hang it up. And Toshinori knew right then, that Nighteye had used Foresight on him. He'd seen Toshinori's future. He'd wanted to prolong the inevitable now that he knew his friend had seen the future.

Toshinori was unwilling to give in to chance, unwilling to let anyone live in fear. Nighteye was desperate to change Toshinori's fate, that he was destined to die to another villain. Toshinori figured there was no better way to die than by protecting the people who needed him.  

"The two of us parted ways after that argument." Toshinori told his successor, "We couldn’t agree about our future. Principal Nedzu recommended young Togata to me. But before I could meet him... I ended up running into you." 

He could remember that day clearly. The way Young Midoriya had asked him if he could still be a hero with a known villains quirk in his veins. Being terrified of it, but still coating his body in muscle and fur to save his mate while heroes were hesitating to fight a dangerous villain out of their league. They had handpicked his successor, but he had found his own. He didn’t regret a single thing about it though, whether he was right or wrong about it

 "I'm sorry, I didn’t want to tell you because...because you’re my fan." Toshinori admitted as his heart surged to his throat. He didn’t want this perfect child to look at him like he was weak. Like Toshinori had wasted his decision and his life trying to be the hero he'd always dreamed he’d be. He didn't want to ruin this boys dream of what a hero he would be. Toshinori started to run again, unwilling to see how he had devastated his alphas view of him.

He'd told Nighteye his plan after he'd met Young Midoriya. He had not been happy to hear of his plan. It didn’t matter if the candidate was more capable than Young Midoriya was. He was sure there were plenty of other people more capable than him when Nana held One For All. But she had deemed him worthy, and he had deemed Young Midoriya worthy. Nighteye rejected that thinking, deciding that All Might was an idiot and he was throwing his power away. He'd begun training the candidate he thought was better.

"Wait hold up!" Toshinori stopped as he came up to the school grounds main road and Young Midoriya scrambled after him. "All Might tell me, about Nighteye's vison, how far into the future was it?" 

"Six or seven years” Toshinori answered. He knew his time might be close at hand, he was still working out after all. He only had his inner wolf to protect him on top of his knowledge and expertise. But he wasn’t immortal, he wasn’t impervious, no one was. Bringing All For One down was his whole purpose, and now he could hand it off. If he died now, it wouldn’t destroy the world's balance. "The farther into the future he sees, the harder it is to see when something will happen. But his Foresight has never been wrong."

"Wait...then that would be this year or the next." Midoriya's whine was absolutely canine and Toshinori fought not to echo it back. "You’re kidding right? This can’t happen, I want you to live All Might. I made you a werewolf because I want you to live. Do you remember what you said to me at the sports festival? Our Promise?"

He wanted to see his student introduce himself to the world and say, 'I Am Here'. He remembered, he remembered deeply that moment. He had put so much on his students shoulders. What a burden he'd become to the young alpha wolf. 

"I'm can’t do that yet. So live. Until I can keep our pact." Young Midoriya's voice tore at his soul, making Toshinori ache with love for the boy who had impacted him so much. "Watch me tell them 'I Am Here'. I need you here! Don’t you understand?! I can’t lose another adult in my life!" 

"Young Midoriya, back then, when I heard I would die I accepted that as my future." Toshinori swallowed back his inner sorrow. He was not going to be a burden on his student anymore. "I just figured I would run full tilt until I reached the finish line." 

"All Might..." Young Midoriya whined. 

"When I was fighting All For One, I thought that was going to be the end of the race." Toshinori admitted. "But you were there kiddo. In my wolf, and in my heart. All those days we spent together affected me. Like this wolf you've made me, you changed me. You were afraid of your quirk, but you had a heart. Your mother told me to live so I could raise you into a hero. So, despite my future, I'll keep fighting with you by my side Young Midoriya. Because you have changed me, I promise that I will live" 

Toshinori held out his hand and inflated his body into his hero form. "I won’t be killed; I will mold my fate and strike down anything that stands in our way with this fist." He swore to himself that he was going to keep on living. He needed to do right by this boy, to show him the way to protect the world the way his teacher had shown him. He wouldn't let them end him. The future that was foretold would not come to pass, not if he had anything to say about it.

"But you see, so far everything has been as he said. In each case Nighteyes predictions have come true. And that’s why I can’t face him after all these years. "Toshinori said to his student as his body deflated. "Please know I never wanted to become a shackle that held you back. Hey, who knows maybe I already shaped my destiny into the future I wanted?" 

"Not yet. We can’t be positive that his prediction won’t come true. it can’t happen. I refuse to let it." Young Midoriya looked at his hand haunted, disturbed. He held out his fist, "That’s why no matter what happens to you I'll be there to help fight fate!" 

Nothing and no one could tell Toshinori he had made the wrong choice. With every moment he spent with this boy he was floored by the determination, the heart, that eclipsed even his own. Beaten down by the fear of his own quirk, Young Midoriya had still dreamed. Given a quirk of immeasurable power, he's humbly offered his own that could be passed along. Faced with danger he never hesitated to help and protect not only those he considered his, but others as well. Faced with a soul crushing truth that would shake his foundation of who his hero really was, he vowed to change the future.

Toshinori wasn’t worthy of this boy.

He reached out, helpless to do anything but answer his alpha and student. He tapped his fist against Young Midoriya's. An evolution of the vow, only now he wasn’t the one looking after his student. Instead he was the one to be looked after. "I'll try not to be too much trouble. I promise." 

He couldn’t keep looking at those watery and soulful eyes. The happiness of trusting and being trusted shined through like the sun. Just as Toshinori turned to start on his work out again Young Midoriya spoke again. "Wait hold on." The boy held his hands up with a wide determined expression. "Have Nighteye use Foresight again! Make up with him and we'll see if the future's already been changed." 

"Uh-agh-..." That was the optimism of a child. But now that he thought about it, Young Midoriya and Young Bakugou made up pretty quickly after their fight in the training grounds. Not everyone was that easily forgiving. "Doesn’t that seem a little-...I don’t know-?" 

"It’s a matter of life and death! I'll try to bargain with him!" Young Midoriya was already turning on his heel with that same determined glint in his eye that Toshinori admired. 

"Wait! Young Midoriya, think about how Nighteye must feel about all this!" It was useless, he was already running back towards the dorms. Toshinori let out a very canine whine and slumped. Awkward wouldn’t even begin to describe how he felt at this moment.

That boy was the greatest fan one could ever have. He'd not given up hope or admiration for a second. Instead he'd challenged him, made him see that his life was still worth something after all of this. How was Toshinori supposed to deal with that level of respect and admiration?  

*

Chapter 75: Let's Go Gutsy Red Riot

Summary:

Izuku and some pack mates team up for the case Nighteye has complied against the Shie Hassaikai

Notes:

I'm not really going to follow Kirishima for this episode, because I only really follow the werewolves for this series. But fuck is this a good episode. Seeing it animated versus the manga pages is really awesome.

BTW I f-ing love Amajiki. Hes so damn cute and badass. His quirk is so funny and cool. So cowardly but such a hero.

Chapter Text

"Whoa look at Uraraka and Asui so cool!" Deku cheered from where he was sprawled across Katsuki's bed. The attractive sight of him relaxed was much better than the despondent look he'd had the whole day. Apparently his talk with All Might had helped. After some prodding when he came back, Deku had told Katsuki about the little girl he was unable to save. A reality they would have to face, and that pissed him off. They would be able to save everyone one day; he knew that much. It just...wasn’t happening yet. 

Katsuki sighed and set his studying books down to look over his boyfriends shoulder, effectively flopping across his back. His phone was pulled up to the hero sightings news page. Two giant dumbasses were fighting in the middle of a city center. Ryukyu was on site, so was that creepy questioning girl...what was her name again? "Hadou-Senpai really did get them into her agency." 

Hadou...Big Three. He was going to call her Questions. That would do. 

But there was Round Face and Froggy hurling debris on the two idiots after Questions had knocked them off kilter. A good team up move, he had to admit. But he sure as fuck wasn’t saying anything out loud about it. Katsuki burned with envy though, he needed to be out there too. He needed to do better at the training. He would do better, Deku needed him better. That was his promise, consecrated on their bond. 

Breaking news cut across the arrest scene and he shifted to look and saw Some kind of knife fuck in an outdoor market district. It reminded him of that creepy gimp asshole from the training camp. Only instead of teeth it was this fucks whole body. Deku stiffened and Katsuki saw why when the camera panned down and Shitty Hair was crouching between the onlookers and that villain dick. Shit!

"Kirishima?! His work study is out there right now?!" Deku exclaimed and sat up, Katsuki snatched for his laptop so they had a bigger screen to watch on. The blades protruding from this bastards body was wrecking the buildings around them. 

"Everybody, find someplace to hide where his blades can’t reach!" Shitty Hair yelled at the onlookers.

'That’s right, get those Extras fucking out of there.' Katsuki urged mentally. He wished he had Deku's mental link to the rest of the pack. But it would probably distract his Beta. 'Shitty Hair isn’t weak, he can handle this.'

The blades shot out once more, growing rapidly and wildly. Shitty Hair stood in the center holding his guard. Katsuki tried to remember what Shitty Hair's time limit was, fuck why couldn’t he remember?!

The camera man ran off a greater distance, but still kept filming. He could see that villain asshole yelling something, but it wasn’t coming through the line. Too much panic and destruction. The blades retracted and Shitty Hair was on one knee, ready to defend again.

Katsuki remembered a discussion they had during the licensing training. About Shitty Hair's lack of flashy attacks. He never thought hardening was as flashy as their more kinetic type quirks. He'd had to cut some sense into that thick fucking skull. Doubting himself like he was weak or some shit. Katsuki didn’t pick weak people to associate with. The cavalry battle proved he was tough shit. Katsuki had told him that 'just standing up, means you are strong'. Katsuki believed that even now. All Might proved it at Kamino, and Shitty Hair was going to prove it now. 

The blades shot forward with a single point rather than at everything. Shitty Hair took the hit in the middle of his chest and with only a second the blades broke from the strain. "Immovable object." Deku muttered as he scrambled for his bag with his notebook. Katsuki didn’t take his eyes off the screen. "Unbreakable."

Shitty Hair rolled into a ready stance; his body hardened to an insane level. Was this that maximum hardness shit he'd been talking about? That was pretty fucking cool. Then Shitty Hair did something crazy, he started for the villain, running at him.

"I didn’t know Kirishima could run fully hardened like that!" Deku cried, "He's really grown!" 

The villain got wise and focused his next attack, all of the blades came from his abdomen and raged towards Shitty Hair. He took the hit and held it; idiot extras were still in the damn camera edges. Fucking idiots! They were crippling Shitty Hair's ability to fight back. But that shark toothed ass reached out and swiped through the blades like they were nothing. They shattered like they were nothing more than toothpicks. Shitty Hair delivered a single punch to the villains solar plexus. Katsuki smirked viciously, served that bastard right! 

That asshole was trying to cower now that Shitty Hair had defeated him. As soon as Shitty Hair walked forward, he hesitated, that fuck shot past him using blades from his back. Fuck, why listen to them being fucking stupid?! Just knock the shitty bastard out! As soon as the villain shot for the opening to the indoor market center fucking Fatgum showed up and caught the guy. So that’s who Shitty Hair was interning with. 

The small gathering of people were thanking Shitty Hair, smiling and cheering for him, He deserved it, but shit was that a burn on his soul. His Beta was doing better than he was. He needed to catch the fuck up. Katsuki looked over and Deku was furiously writing a shit ton of notes on Shitty Hair. He reached over and palmed his boyfriends head. Deku startled and looked at him with wide eyes. "How is he?" 

Deku's eyes started to glow and unfocused, then he was back, "He's fine, feels tired, but I think that’s just because whatever he did to harden that much most likely drains him." 

"Good," Katsuki nodded and leaned back to grab for his study materials. He flopped onto Deku's thigh and resumed reading. He needed to work harder. 

The next day all anyone could talk about was Shitty Hair, Round Face, and Froggy. News articles fucking everywhere. He was getting left behind dammit! Besides that, there was this hovering darkness in the back of his mind. Despite appearances, Katsuki could feel that Deku was still thinking about the girl he couldn’t save. And there was nothing he could do about that. But that darkness was eating away at his werewolf, Katsuki hoped he could resolve it soon.  

*

Chapter 76: Update

Chapter Text

Hey guys. I've been confronted with some opinions about this fic that have distressigly worried me about the state of this work.

 

I'm bothered that some people seem to wane in interest. That I've missed the mark. Up until this season I thought I had eeked out as much of the werewolf thing as I could. I'm very sorry if it came out otherwise. So I'm going to call it for now and go on hiatus in regards to it. 

Thank you to everyone who has read this fic. To everyone who has debated Bnha with me. And to everyone who really liked it. I'm a little discouraged that I haven't put out something to be proud of. 

 

12/7/2019

 

Hello everyone. I want to start off this update by saying thank you so very much for all of your kind words and encouragement. I don't think I could have crawled out of my dark hole without them. My sister told me, and my husband agrees that I act like an artist. I'm never happy with my work, and I'm more sensitive when I think it's not living up to the vision I had for it. 

Someone in the comments told me that I have never come off as a shrinking violet. And that person is right. When I took a step back to re-evaluate and posted my hiatus notice, I was pretty much already decided to come back to this fic. I just needed to get my head back on right. I was so excited to come back when the new season started. I love werewolf Izuku, and writing Katsuki is so damn fun. 

My husband pointed out a very real fact that I didn't see in my freak out. I tagged appropriately. This fic is canon compliant. I always intended it to be. I didn't want to change things to fit any werewolf notions that anyone had. This was my vision, and as I've spent days editing and going through each chapter, this fic was exactly what I wanted it to be. And I'm sorry I doubted it and myself for even a second. 

Each and every one of you readers have made this fic what it is. I'm honored that I might have inspired some of you with your own works. You humbled me this past week. And this fic will not end so long as BNHA continues. That is my promise to this fandom. 

Thank you everyone, you have my heart for giving me this drive to continue. 

Zee <3

Series this work belongs to: