Actions

Work Header

Save Me (Don't Keep Me Hostage)

Summary:

Taehyung has been waiting for summer break. Nearing the completion of his final year, he just can't wait to move away from the hustle of everyday campus life he lives with his best friend, JImin. When the break finally comes, he gets to meet everyone again. Namjoon and Jeongguk that just got back from the US, Seokjin that has been so busy with his TV schedules, Hoseok with his choreography classes and workshops and Yoongi with his music producing that Taehyung has listened to many times.

There is nothing like getting gathering back after such a long year of not seeing each other, your childhood friends, and finally catching up everything they have missed in each other's lives. Especially Taehyung and Jeongguk.

But as frienships reconnect and romance budding, there is danger looming near-by to their gullibility, until it's too late.

Taehyung has been kidnapped. And Jeongguk will do anything he can to brink him back safely into his arms.

Chapter 1: Summer Break

Summary:

The Beginning.

Notes:

hey guys! i have a not after this so please read it and enjoy!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Taehyung sighs, leaning in further into his hand. How much longer is this going to be? He glances at the clock on top of the blackboard. The lecturer still going on about meiosis when they've pretty much mastered this topic in the first semester. He sighs again, closing his eyes. Just as he was going to be pulled into a deep slumber, he feels a soft nudge against his ribcage.

 

“Tae, we’re done. Come on.” He only huffed grudgingly before worming around in his seat, trying to find the best position to nap. No one’s going to use this hall for the rest of the day anyways. Jimin rolled his eyes. “Come on, Tae. Hyung is waiting for us in his apartment for lunch. He already has everything cooked.”

 

At that, Taehyung’s ears perked up and he reluctantly moves away from the desk that’s about as comfortable as his pillow right now, he reckons. It’s not his fault that Jimin decided they should watch Lights Out last night, only to find Jimin falling asleep not even halfway through the movie, leaving Taehyung scared shitless to even turn the TV off.

 

“Carry me,” Taehyung mumbles, making grabby hands at Jimin that’s already stood up with both their bags in his shoulder. Jimin rolled his eyes again, wondering how many more will he have to do today until his eyes fall off their sockets. 

 

“Come on. Hyung is probably ready to scream at us if we’re late.”

 

Taehyung winced at that statement. It is true that Seokjin hyung has the patience of a monk, but that doesn’t seem to apply when it comes to Taehyung and Jimin. As much as their hyung loves them, he would drag them by their collars to lecture them until both their ears are sore from listening to their oldest hyung’s nagging. 

 

With a huff, Taehyung stands up and reaches for his bag on Jimin’s shoulder. “Come on, we’re gonna be late.”

 

For the third that in ten minutes, Jimin rolled his eyes.

 

+

 

Stepping into the penthouse, Taehyung can immediately smell the distinct smell of home-cooked food he had missed so much during the time their hyung went overseas for a business trip. 

 

“YA!” 

 

Taehyung and Jimin can only wince. Walking dejectedly down the hallway, they are greeted by Seokjin in an apron, body leaning on one leg, hand on his hip and a wooden spatula on the other, pointing at both Taehyung and Jimin accusingly.

 

“Where have you been?! I’ve been calling you for the past 20 minutes and neither one of you bother to answer my calls?! Why? Because you know you’re going to get nagged by me? Well, next time don’t be late! I’ve already prepared everything and have to re-heat everything now because you two are late. Go sit at the table!” 

 

Seokjin’s mouthful nagging is something Taehyung and Jimin hear every day, but it’s not something they are used to. Sheepishly, they walk towards the dining table that’s already been set in the middle of the kitchen, appetizers placed on each plate. Taehyung can hear the radio playing softly in the background. He grabs for the bruschetta that was placed on his plate before Jimin slaps it away from his hand and place it back down. Jimin mouths to Taehyung to not start before their hyung sits, at which Taehyung only pouts, placing his face on his hand instead.

 

“Hyung how was your trip?” Taehyung starts. 

 

“It was fine. Thank you for asking,” Seokjin replies. “How are your studies? Jimin I heard you’re applying for the research grant and the internship?”

 

Jimin perks up at that, smiling at his hyung’s back, still busy at the stove.”How’d you know?! It’s true though. I’m hoping that I can get my own ideas channelled through this opportunity.”

 

Taehyung grabs at Jimin neck. “He’s gonna get the research grant and the internship, hyung! I’m calling it!”

 

Seokjin only laughs at his antics. “Of course he is, he’s my lovely dongsaeng after all!” Jimin’s smile brightens more at that. 

 

It’s a known fact that Jimin is their adoptive brother. The multibillionaire KIM enterprise adopting the son of the late butler after an unfortunate incident that involves the kidnapping of the previous CEO, Taehyung and Seokjin’s father. Jimin’s single father, Park Soo Hyung, took a bullet for Kim Han Sol. After, Kim Han Sol adopted Jimin. This happened when Jimin and Taehyung were both 17 years old, almost 6 years ago. Their father had asked Jimin if he wanted to change his family name to Kim or keep it as Park. Jimin chose to keep it as Park in memoir of his family and father. 

 

Integrating Jimin into the family didn’t require much effort. Taehyung and Jimin had known each other since babies. Since the birth of the boys, Kim Han Sol had pronounced Park Soo Hyung as his youngest son’s godfather and requested himself to be Jimin’s godfather. They would grow up always alongside each other, attending the same school, sleeping in the same room. Of course, Jimin had his own bedroom beside his father’s in the Kim residence, but Taehyung always dragged Jimin into his room to play together every night. Since then, they have decided to redecorate Taehyung’s room so Jimin can accommodate there as well. When the incident happened and Jimin lost his father, Taehyung helped Jimin out of his depression. Jimin had always thought himself as a burden to the Kim family, but the Kims are always there for Jimin, showing him that he now has them as family as well. Jimin will always be forever grateful for them and the love they give. 

 

“Hyung did you meet Namjoon hyung?” Taehyung asks after Jin settles down on the dining table with them, food set out prettily. 

 

Namjoon is Taehyung’s second older brother. Although the CEO position was once secured for Seokjin, he handed it down to his younger brother. “It doesn’t suit me, leading a company. Namjoon will do a much better job at that. Though, I’ll try to guide and help as much as I can,” Seokjin replied their father when asked why. 

 

Seokjin hums, munching the bruscetta. “He’s doing well. Jungkook is doing well too, Tae.” Jimin snickers at the remark.

 

Taehyung pouts. “I didn’t even ask about him,” he mumbles, feeling a slight blush warming his cheeks.

 

“We all know you thought of it though,” Jimin retorts as he passes Taehyung the bowl of budae jjigae. Seokjin laughs at the remark and thanks Jimin when he hands him a bowl too. 

 

Jeon Jungkook, the youngest CEO of the Jeon industry. A childhood friend as well as, Taehyung’s unrequited love. Though, it may not be as unrequited as Taehyung thinks it is, but he just doesn’t want to admit it to himself.

 

Jungkook is a well-mannered young man that carries charisma ever since they were young. There was just something childish yet mature about the man than captivates Taehyung. Currently, both Jungkook and Namjoon are in America, trying to expand both their respective companies with American partners. Jeon Ent. is in talks to collaborate with SpaceX while the Kims are finalizing the deal with Google. Taehyung always wonders how Jungkook is able to do it at such a young age. The fact that he’s a genius probably helps, finishing college when Taehyung was only on the second year of his high school despite being two years younger. 

 

Taehyung misses him.

 

“They’ll be back soon,” Seokjin hums. “We’ll go to our trip afterwards. I’ve also invited Hoseok and Yoongi to come along.”

 

“What did they say?” Taehyung asks, barely containing his excitement. 

 

Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok were Seokjin and Namjoon’s college friend and naturally became close with Taehyung and Jimin. The newly wedded couple have just gone off to their honeymoon trip not too long ago, leaving behind their hectic life for a few weeks. None of them were surprised when they first announced their relationship, it almost came naturally to all of them. Hoseok helped Yoongi through a rough patch in his life and Yoongi was always there for Hoseok when he needed a shoulder to lean on. It was almost impossible to see them with anyone else except for each other. Taehyung was delighted to find the invitation to their wedding in his mailbox four months ago. 

 

“They agreed to come, but they’ll arrive later than us,” Seokjin answers.

 

“I hope they had fun during their honeymoon,” Jimin says. Beside the Kims, Jimin has always been closest to Hoseok, with a mutual interest in dancing, they had bonded through countless nights in front of the mirror having fun with music and choreography. Although Jimin had decided to pursue BioMedicine alongside Taehyung, the bond that Jimin and Hoseok stayed strong. 

 

Taehyung cackles. “Of course they did. If one of them is a woman, they’d be bringing along a soccer team to Malta.”

 

Jimin chokes on his rice and Seokjin scolds him. 

Notes:

hey everyone! thank you so much for all the kudos and comments i've gotten in the past year. i'm sorry for not putting more effort and love towards this story, but now i hopefully can spend more time building the story!

i had half a mind to discontinue it, but because there were some of you who had wanted to see how to story would continue, i've decided to continue it!

also, i have decided to change how the story is being delivered because i wasn't satisfied with the previous format and wordings. i do hope you can also enjoy this one with me!

much love
x. h