Actions

Work Header

Save Me (Don't Keep Me Hostage)

Summary:

Taehyung has been waiting for summer break. Nearing the completion of his final year, he just can't wait to move away from the hustle of everyday campus life he lives with his best friend, JImin. When the break finally comes, he gets to meet everyone again. Namjoon and Jeongguk that just got back from the US, Seokjin that has been so busy with his TV schedules, Hoseok with his choreography classes and workshops and Yoongi with his music producing that Taehyung has listened to many times.

There is nothing like getting gathering back after such a long year of not seeing each other, your childhood friends, and finally catching up everything they have missed in each other's lives. Especially Taehyung and Jeongguk.

But as frienships reconnect and romance budding, there is danger looming near-by to their gullibility, until it's too late.

Taehyung has been kidnapped. And Jeongguk will do anything he can to brink him back safely into his arms.

Chapter 1: Summer Break

Summary:

The Beginning.

Notes:

hey guys! i have a not after this so please read it and enjoy!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Taehyung sighs, leaning in further into his hand. How much longer is this going to be? He glances at the clock on top of the blackboard. The lecturer still going on about meiosis when they've pretty much mastered this topic in the first semester. He sighs again, closing his eyes. Just as he was going to be pulled into a deep slumber, he feels a soft nudge against his ribcage.

 

“Tae, we’re done. Come on.” He only huffed grudgingly before worming around in his seat, trying to find the best position to nap. No one’s going to use this hall for the rest of the day anyways. Jimin rolled his eyes. “Come on, Tae. Hyung is waiting for us in his apartment for lunch. He already has everything cooked.”

 

At that, Taehyung’s ears perked up and he reluctantly moves away from the desk that’s about as comfortable as his pillow right now, he reckons. It’s not his fault that Jimin decided they should watch Lights Out last night, only to find Jimin falling asleep not even halfway through the movie, leaving Taehyung scared shitless to even turn the TV off.

 

“Carry me,” Taehyung mumbles, making grabby hands at Jimin that’s already stood up with both their bags in his shoulder. Jimin rolled his eyes again, wondering how many more will he have to do today until his eyes fall off their sockets. 

 

“Come on. Hyung is probably ready to scream at us if we’re late.”

 

Taehyung winced at that statement. It is true that Seokjin hyung has the patience of a monk, but that doesn’t seem to apply when it comes to Taehyung and Jimin. As much as their hyung loves them, he would drag them by their collars to lecture them until both their ears are sore from listening to their oldest hyung’s nagging. 

 

With a huff, Taehyung stands up and reaches for his bag on Jimin’s shoulder. “Come on, we’re gonna be late.”

 

For the third that in ten minutes, Jimin rolled his eyes.

 

+

 

Stepping into the penthouse, Taehyung can immediately smell the distinct smell of home-cooked food he had missed so much during the time their hyung went overseas for a business trip. 

 

“YA!” 

 

Taehyung and Jimin can only wince. Walking dejectedly down the hallway, they are greeted by Seokjin in an apron, body leaning on one leg, hand on his hip and a wooden spatula on the other, pointing at both Taehyung and Jimin accusingly.

 

“Where have you been?! I’ve been calling you for the past 20 minutes and neither one of you bother to answer my calls?! Why? Because you know you’re going to get nagged by me? Well, next time don’t be late! I’ve already prepared everything and have to re-heat everything now because you two are late. Go sit at the table!” 

 

Seokjin’s mouthful nagging is something Taehyung and Jimin hear every day, but it’s not something they are used to. Sheepishly, they walk towards the dining table that’s already been set in the middle of the kitchen, appetizers placed on each plate. Taehyung can hear the radio playing softly in the background. He grabs for the bruschetta that was placed on his plate before Jimin slaps it away from his hand and place it back down. Jimin mouths to Taehyung to not start before their hyung sits, at which Taehyung only pouts, placing his face on his hand instead.

 

“Hyung how was your trip?” Taehyung starts. 

 

“It was fine. Thank you for asking,” Seokjin replies. “How are your studies? Jimin I heard you’re applying for the research grant and the internship?”

 

Jimin perks up at that, smiling at his hyung’s back, still busy at the stove.”How’d you know?! It’s true though. I’m hoping that I can get my own ideas channelled through this opportunity.”

 

Taehyung grabs at Jimin neck. “He’s gonna get the research grant and the internship, hyung! I’m calling it!”

 

Seokjin only laughs at his antics. “Of course he is, he’s my lovely dongsaeng after all!” Jimin’s smile brightens more at that. 

 

It’s a known fact that Jimin is their adoptive brother. The multibillionaire KIM enterprise adopting the son of the late butler after an unfortunate incident that involves the kidnapping of the previous CEO, Taehyung and Seokjin’s father. Jimin’s single father, Park Soo Hyung, took a bullet for Kim Han Sol. After, Kim Han Sol adopted Jimin. This happened when Jimin and Taehyung were both 17 years old, almost 6 years ago. Their father had asked Jimin if he wanted to change his family name to Kim or keep it as Park. Jimin chose to keep it as Park in memoir of his family and father. 

 

Integrating Jimin into the family didn’t require much effort. Taehyung and Jimin had known each other since babies. Since the birth of the boys, Kim Han Sol had pronounced Park Soo Hyung as his youngest son’s godfather and requested himself to be Jimin’s godfather. They would grow up always alongside each other, attending the same school, sleeping in the same room. Of course, Jimin had his own bedroom beside his father’s in the Kim residence, but Taehyung always dragged Jimin into his room to play together every night. Since then, they have decided to redecorate Taehyung’s room so Jimin can accommodate there as well. When the incident happened and Jimin lost his father, Taehyung helped Jimin out of his depression. Jimin had always thought himself as a burden to the Kim family, but the Kims are always there for Jimin, showing him that he now has them as family as well. Jimin will always be forever grateful for them and the love they give. 

 

“Hyung did you meet Namjoon hyung?” Taehyung asks after Jin settles down on the dining table with them, food set out prettily. 

 

Namjoon is Taehyung’s second older brother. Although the CEO position was once secured for Seokjin, he handed it down to his younger brother. “It doesn’t suit me, leading a company. Namjoon will do a much better job at that. Though, I’ll try to guide and help as much as I can,” Seokjin replied their father when asked why. 

 

Seokjin hums, munching the bruscetta. “He’s doing well. Jungkook is doing well too, Tae.” Jimin snickers at the remark.

 

Taehyung pouts. “I didn’t even ask about him,” he mumbles, feeling a slight blush warming his cheeks.

 

“We all know you thought of it though,” Jimin retorts as he passes Taehyung the bowl of budae jjigae. Seokjin laughs at the remark and thanks Jimin when he hands him a bowl too. 

 

Jeon Jungkook, the youngest CEO of the Jeon industry. A childhood friend as well as, Taehyung’s unrequited love. Though, it may not be as unrequited as Taehyung thinks it is, but he just doesn’t want to admit it to himself.

 

Jungkook is a well-mannered young man that carries charisma ever since they were young. There was just something childish yet mature about the man than captivates Taehyung. Currently, both Jungkook and Namjoon are in America, trying to expand both their respective companies with American partners. Jeon Ent. is in talks to collaborate with SpaceX while the Kims are finalizing the deal with Google. Taehyung always wonders how Jungkook is able to do it at such a young age. The fact that he’s a genius probably helps, finishing college when Taehyung was only on the second year of his high school despite being two years younger. 

 

Taehyung misses him.

 

“They’ll be back soon,” Seokjin hums. “We’ll go to our trip afterwards. I’ve also invited Hoseok and Yoongi to come along.”

 

“What did they say?” Taehyung asks, barely containing his excitement. 

 

Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok were Seokjin and Namjoon’s college friend and naturally became close with Taehyung and Jimin. The newly wedded couple have just gone off to their honeymoon trip not too long ago, leaving behind their hectic life for a few weeks. None of them were surprised when they first announced their relationship, it almost came naturally to all of them. Hoseok helped Yoongi through a rough patch in his life and Yoongi was always there for Hoseok when he needed a shoulder to lean on. It was almost impossible to see them with anyone else except for each other. Taehyung was delighted to find the invitation to their wedding in his mailbox four months ago. 

 

“They agreed to come, but they’ll arrive later than us,” Seokjin answers.

 

“I hope they had fun during their honeymoon,” Jimin says. Beside the Kims, Jimin has always been closest to Hoseok, with a mutual interest in dancing, they had bonded through countless nights in front of the mirror having fun with music and choreography. Although Jimin had decided to pursue BioMedicine alongside Taehyung, the bond that Jimin and Hoseok stayed strong. 

 

Taehyung cackles. “Of course they did. If one of them is a woman, they’d be bringing along a soccer team to Malta.”

 

Jimin chokes on his rice and Seokjin scolds him. 

Notes:

hey everyone! thank you so much for all the kudos and comments i've gotten in the past year. i'm sorry for not putting more effort and love towards this story, but now i hopefully can spend more time building the story!

i had half a mind to discontinue it, but because there were some of you who had wanted to see how to story would continue, i've decided to continue it!

also, i have decided to change how the story is being delivered because i wasn't satisfied with the previous format and wordings. i do hope you can also enjoy this one with me!

much love
x. h

Chapter 2: Long Time No See

Summary:

It has been a while.

Chapter Text

There were only three days left until summer break, and Taehyung decides to go shopping with Jimin. Shopping with Jimin was a lot of fun, as they would always get excited about the same thing, something Taehyung finds he can’t relate with Seokjin and Namjoon. 

 

Truthfully, their interest in fashion came accidentally when Taehyung’s mum was watching reruns of America’s Next Top Model in the living room one night when Taehyung and Jimin were sneaking around in the kitchen to eat the remaining brownies well past their bedtime. They were caught, of course, with the amount of noise they were making. Kim Min Ji had only laughed at the sight of flustered boys and told them to sit at the couch while she makes hot chocolate for all of them. For the rest of the night, they had watched as Tyra Banks judged and eliminated girls after girls and they would put in their comments now and then alongside the panellists. 

 

“Jimin look! What about this? Won’t I look cute in it?” Taehyung asks excitedly, putting a floral dress in front of Jimin’s dress. 

 

“I thought you were past the floral phase?”

 

“Well after seeing Karlie Kloss in this dress, I thought why not?” Taehyung shrugs. 

 

Taehyung was first scared to show others that he liked to dress, femininely. He loves putting on make-up, painting his nails and mix-matching his outfits with skirts and heels but he would never admit to it at first. He would always watch his mother get ready every evening before an event and he loves the way she was able to create such an elegant look with make-up. Besides that, he was scared to tell his family that he was gay, afraid that they won’t accept him, especially Jimin. He was scared because no one else in the family is gay, so I shouldn’t be. Those years in middle school was the hardest because Taehyung didn’t know who turn to, until Jungkook guided him along, showing him that it was okay, supporting him through until he came out to his family and Jimin. Taehyung was so scared that Jimin would push him away, but Jimin had only hugged him and showed him kindness, his family too. Nothing changed. 

 

Jimin grabs a pair of tight jeans and turns around. “Should I get this?” He asks Taehyung. 

 

“Don’t you have like a million of those already?” Taehyung rolls his eyes. “Why don’t you get some shorts? It’s gonna be summer anyway.” 

“Shorts again?”

“Hey! It makes your legs look longer!” Taehyung protests. Jimin groans and grudgingly grabs the shorts Taehyung pushed towards him to try. 

 

“Fine!”

Taehyung giggles. “You won’t regret it!” Jimin stomps away. 

 

Waiting for Jimin to come back and to realize that he would kill in a pair of shorts, Taehyung takes his time to browse through the cardigans and the flats he can wear during their trip to Malta. He reminds himself to also buy some culottes to dress comfortably during their stay. They weren’t planning on anything extravagant anyways. 

 

Turning around, he was about to grab some long-sleeved blouse that he could use as an outer when he bumps into someone walking the opposite direction. The person didn’t seem to mind though, walking away after bowing in apology. Taehyung was a little dumbfounded because he didn’t even get to say his apology, but he shrugs it away. 

 

“TAE!” Jimin shouts from across the store. “You were absolutely right! I can’t wait to wear this on our trip! OMG! I can’t wait to pair these with the Oxford shoes Hyung brought back from his trip, it’s gonna look so cute!”

 

Taehyung pats himself in the back. 

 

+

 

The flight to Malta was not uncomfortable, thank god for first class, but Taehyung couldn’t help but fidget throughout the flight. Jimin must have noticed and started in his teasing. “It’s because you’re about to meet your boyfriend, you’re so nervous.”

 

“He’s not my boyfriend!” Taehyung protests. Though Taehyung himself is not sure what they are. 

 

Both Taehyung and Jungkook hasn’t been shy in showing their affection towards each other, especially so during this last year after Jungkook has gained some stability after taking over his dad’s position. Though they have never explicitly discussed what they are to each other, though Taehyung guesses they wouldn’t really need titles, it would still be nice to firmly know where they stand. 

 

During a part of the flight, Seokjin asked Taehyung to come with him to the in-flight bar. Though Taehyung doesn’t drink, the bar still offers some really great snacks so he won’t turn it down. Usually Seokjin would ask Jimin to accompany him, but he was sleeping at the moment after editing the final draft for his assignment. 

 

“Has Jungkook called?” Seokjin asks after they were settled down around the bar. 

 

Taehyung nods. “Yep. This morning. He said he arrived an hour earlier with Namjoon hyung, so they’ll wait for us at the airport. We can go together.”

 

Seokjin hums, sipping on his tequila. They sat like that in comfortable silence until Taehyung decides to go back to his seat to take a short nap before his shower time. When it came time for his shower, he can’t help but spend an extra amount of time to pamper himself, and it’s not because he’s about to meet Jungkook, it’s just because. He puts on the lotion provided by the flight and put on light make-up before heading out of the shower. He nods in acknowledgement towards the cabin crew on his way back to his seat. There was still an hour and a half left and he decides to start on the book he has been meaning to read this semester. Soon he can hear the flight attendant through the speaker, notifying that they will soon be landing. 

 

Taehyung prepares himself.

 

+

 

Honestly, Taehyung didn’t know what to expect when they came down the plane. Despite that, his walk is lighter and he seems to be in a happier mood than usual. If either Jimin or Seokjin notices they didn’t say anything, which Taehyung prefers over their relentless teasing. 

 

They are waiting for their luggage to be handed in the priority lounge when suddenly a pair of hands close his eyes. The perfume is a familiar scent of vanilla and Taehyung smiles. “Jungkook, a pleasure to meet you.”

 

Jungkook laughs near his ear. Taehyung can feel his breath over his head, slightly tussling his hair. Jungkook removes his hand and stands in front of Taehyung. “Hyung! Nice to see you again!” he greets happily. 

 

“Where’s my greeting?” Taehyung hears from behind him, voice a little deeper than Jungkook’s. 

 

Turning around, Taehyung runs towards Namjoon’s open arms, ready to catch Taehyung’s hug. “Oh! It’s nice to see you too Hyung! I’ve missed you,” the younger mumbles to Namjoon’s shoulder. 

 

Letting go from the hug, he lets Namjoon greet Jimin with the same excitement and nods at Seokjin. 

 

“Here, your luggage.” Indeed, Jungkook is standing beside him with his luggage in hand. “I’m surprised you didn’t bring a bigger bag,” Jungkook teases. 

 

Taehyung gasps, slapping Jungkook’s biceps and definitely not marvelling at how more defined they seem to get since they previously saw each other. “Hey! I always pack as necessary,” Taehyung protests. “We’re not going to do much anyway, so I pack light this time,” he huffs through his breath. 

 

Jungkook only offers his smile. “It really is nice to see you again Hyung,” he says softly. 

 

Taehyung’s eyes soften. “Likewise Jungkookie.”

 

“Alright! Are we ready to go?” Namjoon asks suddenly, surprising Taehyung. He doesn’t know why but he blushes and diverts his gaze away from Jungkook. Get yourself together! You’re going to spend the next two months with him, don’t embarrass yourself!

 

“Let’s go Hyung!” Jimin shouts, grabbing onto Namjoon and leading them away from the lounge. Seokjin laughs and follows along while Jungkook waits for Taehyung to join them. 

 

Walking towards the exit, Jungkook and Taehyung catch up with the happenings in the past 6 months. Yes, they do contact each other frequently and sometimes calls and facetime, but because of the timezones and busy schedules, they weren’t able to contact each other as much as they had wanted. 

 

“I heard that you’ve gotten the approval for the collaboration,” Taehyung starts. 

 

Jungkook laughs shyly. “Yep! We’re hoping to be able to find a breakthrough technology for space travels,” he says proudly.

 

“That’s amazing Kookie!” 

 

“Thank you Hyung. Though I’ve heard from a little birdy that you’re trying to start a new cosmetic line?”

 

Taehyung blushes and nods. “How’d you know?”

 

“That’s a secret for me to know and you to find out,” Jungkook teases, winking at Taehyung. 

“It must be Seokjin Hyungie! There’s no one else that would rat me out to everyone like that!” Taehyung protests, pouting.

 

Jungkook laughs and throws his head back, allowing Taehyung to see the expanse of his neck. And what a pretty neck it is. 

 

“But seriously Hyung! Congratulations. I’ll be your number 1 supporter!”

 

“What are you congratulating me for? It’s only a thought, for now, I have even made a business plan much less a proposal!” 

 

“I’m sure it will happen soon,” Jungkook says with much conviction, making Taehyung blush and averts his gaze away from the younger man. He tries to dampen the butterflies in his heart, but he doesn’t really mind the feeling. 

 

During their conversation, they had reached their cars that have already been rented by Jungkook beforehand. They fit themselves into the Mercedes Benz, Seokjin taking the wheel and Namjoon sitting shotgun. 

 

“Yoongi said they will catch the flight two days from now. They’ll be flying directly from Tokyo,” Namjoon informs after checking his phone. 

 

Jimin hums. “What a trip! It must be so much fun to go from one vacation from another,” he sighs jealously. 

 

“Just get married then,” Taehyung comments teasingly. 

 

Jimin rolls his eyes. “Wouldn’t that be what you want?” Jimin retorts back. Taehyung blushes as he slaps Jimin’s thigh and he can hear his Hyungs’ laughter from their seats. He turns to see Jungkook raising an eyebrow at him, a teasing smile evident on his face. 

 

Fortunately for Taehyung, the teasing didn’t last long as they pulled up into the residence. Seokjin opened the gate using retina scan in the driveway, and they soon get off, stretching their legs, inhaling the summer air. Taehyung can hear the waves crashing into the rocks, and birds chirping in the garden. He can’t wait to pick some fruits off the trees around the house. 

 

The place wasn’t exactly a mansion, but it is big enough to comfortably fit all 7 of them. The house is surrounded in glass, allowing the residents inside to feel like they are outdoors. Jungkook first designed the place specifically with the purpose to be a getaway house, a place where all his friends and family can be together and enjoy a few days near the beach together. To relax and unwind from all the stress of their hectic schedules. He added the garden beside the house, knowing Namjoon loves taking walks through greenery and sitting under a tree to read a book. Taehyung also loves to sit out there to paint once in a while. 

 

They all move their luggage inside and Jimin goes straight onto the sofa, plopping himself down and claiming the remote to the TV. Seokjin busies himself in the kitchen after putting his suitcase in his bedroom. Namjoon tells them that he’ll be taking a nap first. 

 

Taehyung decides to help Seokjin in the kitchen, leaving Jungkook to put away his things and freshen up before joining them. Seokjin raises an eyebrow at him at the rare occasion of seeing Taehyung in the kitchen but doesn’t say anything more seeing the glare Taehyung shoots his way. 


Though that didn’t save Taehyung from Jimin’s teasing. “Taehyung in the kitchen? Wow. You really do want to show your husband potentials, huh.”

 

Seokjin snorts at that and Taehyung can also send Jimin a death glare, which Jimin decides to ignore. Taehyung was more bark than bite after all. 

 

“Can’t you guys just leave me alone for like two months? I’m trying to have a vacation here,” Taehyung complains. 

Jimin, already seated on the kitchen island rolls his eyes. “Tell me what you don’t secretly like it and I’ll stop.”

 

After waiting for Taehyung to answer, Jimin nods smugly to himself. “That’s what I thought.”

“Whatever,” Taehyung mumbles. 

 

“What’d I miss?” Jungkook pops up, with a change of clothes that looks much more comfortable. 

 

Jimin has the mischievous glint in his eyes that Taehyung can’t miss, and before he can let Jimin say anything, he asks “Do you want some strawberries?”

“Yes please!” Jungkook confirms. “And some-“

 

“Sugar. I know,” Taehyung hums, ignoring the knowing smile exchanged between Seokjin and Jimin. 

 

Opening the fridge, he hears Jungkook talking with Jimin about his new internship position. He shares his tips on internships and Seokjin chimes in once in a while to add a few points as well. Taehyung hands Jungkook a plate of strawberries and some sugar on a smaller plate. Jungkook smiles at him gratefully. 

 

“These strawberries are really fresh Hyung. Thanks,” Jungkook says through a mouthful of strawberries. 

 

Seokjin cringes, “Don’t speak when you eat.” Jungkook winks at him. 

 

“How is Namjoon’s girlfriend? You got to meet her right, Kook?” Jimin asks.

 

Jungkook nods. “She’s super-duper nice. I know you guys have talked to her through FaceTime when Namjoon called, but she is super duper nice. Like, seriously. I didn’t know anyone could be that nice and caring you know?”

 

Jiang Yanli is the oldest daughter of one of the four most prominent families in China. They first met at a charity event held in Tokyo, to help fundraise for cancer research; Namjoon being the representative of the Kim enterprise and her as the organizer of the event. Namjoon said it was love at first sight when he saw her smile, he knew he was a goner. He had approached her after the event, staying behind to help before driving Yanli back to her hotel. They met three more times during Namjoon’s stay in Tokyo. Everything after was history. Now, Namjoon is just waiting for the engagement ring order to come through until he gets on one knee to ask Yanli to be his wife. 

 

Taehyung sighs. “Pretty, smart and nice. When can I ever?” 

 

“You’re already pretty and smart. Just need to work on the nice part,” Jungkook shrugs, teasing Taehyung with his remark.

 

The statement was so random that it left Taehyung red in the face, mouth opened as he thinks of a comeback. He didn’t know whether to feel grateful that Jungkook thinks he’s pretty, although it wasn’t the first time the other said that or offended at the last remark.

 

Taehyung settles on hitting Jungkook. 

 

It was nice. This was nice.