Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Code of Honor
Stats:
Published:
2009-01-22
Completed:
2011-09-29
Words:
30,877
Chapters:
12/12
Comments:
2
Kudos:
33
Bookmarks:
8
Hits:
1,241

Code of Honor

Chapter 12: Doslov, or Epilogue

Notes:

Important Author's Note at the bottom!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"Zach, if you're late one more time your coach will bench you!" Jenny yelled. She stood at the foot of the stairs, a brown bag in one hand and Zach's backpack in the other. No more than a few seconds later something whizzed past her and suddenly her hands were empty.

Just as the door opened, it slammed back shut.

"Hi dad," Zach said, an impish grin covering his face. Gibbs pointed at Jenny and motioned his head towards her. Zach walked back over to Jenny and gave her a hug. "Bye mom." He looked back over at Gibbs, and in a quick moment hugged him and left the house. "Bye dad!" he yelled behind him, making Gibbs roll his eyes.

"You know he's going to be late now," Jenny said to Gibbs. He shrugged. "You did that on purpose."

"Nope, not my fault he takes three minutes to brush his teeth," he said nonchalantly.

"Look at you, blaming me for sabotaging our son," Jenny teased him. He grinned at her and caught her around her waist, bringing her closer to him. When he nuzzled her cheek with his nose, she laughed and moved her head to kiss him. After a while she pulled away. "Maybe you should start taking three minutes to brush your teeth as well, Jethro," she whispered to him before walking away, a giggle escaping her lips.

When she heard a suspicious thump, she made her way up the stairs quickly, Gibbs hot on her heels.

She opened the bedroom door and found her two boys sitting on the ground with clay, markers and paint surrounding them and their craft bench bent over.

"Your turn, Jethro," she said, patting him on the chest and turning to leave.

His hand circled her wrist and he pulled her back. "C'mon Jen. Help me?" he pleaded, looking up at her with puppy dog eyes.

"The paint can be removed from the hardwood if you scrub hard enough," she said and walked down the hall. Pushing open another door, she grinned at the little girl standing in her box.

When the girl saw her, she squealed loudly and held her arms up for Jenny to pick her up. Gently tossing her into the air, Jenny smiled along with the girl, bringing her down and settling her on her hip.

"Hi baby girl." The toddler giggled and reached out a hand to tangle in Jenny's hair. "C'mon, let's go help out daddy." When she set the girl down, the toddler turned to look up at her.

"Naynay?" Jenny nodded. "Eli?"

"Yes, baby," Jenny said and the girl squealed again, quickly toddling out of the room and down the hall.

Jenny heard the little girl giggling and then a groan from Jethro. When she got to the room, the little girl was sitting next to her brothers and in a few moments she was also covered in paint. Clapping a hand over her mouth to stifle her laughs, she looked over at Gibbs guiltily. He gave her a Gibbs-glare, but instead of the effect it had on his team, his glare made her laugh.

"You could help. They're half yours too," Gibbs pointed out.

"I went through childbirth."

"When the twins were born you broke three bones in my hand."

"I was on bedrest with Chloe."

"You ordered me around and there was an incident where I ended up in jail for it."

"I went through 19 hours of labor."

"In total?" he asked, breaking off.

"No. 19 hours of labor with the little stubborn one and 13 hours with Nathan and Elliot."

"I provide for this family," Gibbs said, puffing up his chest.

"Ha! I earn more than you do!"

"I got you pregnant. Three times."

"Your math is rusty, Jethro. You got me pregnant twice."

"Nope. Abby explained it to me. Nathan and Elliot aren't identical twins. Three spermcells and three eggcells."

"Two occasions," she said, glaring at him. "Fine," she conceded. "Chloe, baby, come to mommy."

"Why do you get the tiny one?"

"Why are you so petty?"

"Chloe, come to daddy." The little girl looked at Jenny, but turned and walked to Gibbs, who grinned and picked her up.

"Bastard," Jenny muttered under her breath when Gibbs left with the little girl. After a quick whisper with her boys, she grinned.

"JENNY!" She giggled, but went to the bathroom anyways, where the twins had gotten Gibbs to fall in the bathtub full of water.

"Oh, Jethro, you fool," she said, but felt pity on him and extended her hand to help him out. The moment his hand clasped hers, she knew her fate. "Jethro, don't you—!"

A few seconds later she resurfaced from under the water, spluttering and muttering obscenities. "That's no way for a lady to speak," Gibbs teased her, but Jenny was distracted.

"That shirt looks better on you when wet," she whispered in his ear. He smirked and promptly kissed her, eliciting gagging noises from the boys and giggles from the girl.


A door slamming woke Jenny up from her slumber. She stretched her arms and pointed her toes to stretch her feet. She looked up and saw Gibbs looking at her with a twinkle in his eye. He was sitting on the couch with her feet in his lap. She noticed Chloe laying in his arms fast asleep.

Zach walked into the living room, giving both Jenny and Gibbs a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi."

"What did we say about slamming the front door?" "How was soccer practice, honey?"

Zach chose to answer Jenny's question only," Practice was awesome! I didn't get benched by coach and I scored a goal! He said that if I practice hard enough and get to practice on time I might get moved up to a more advanced level."

"That's great, sweetie," Jenny said, beaming at him.

Gibbs stuck up his hand and Zach gave him a high-five.

Jenny stood up and moved around so her head was in Gibbs' lap. She watched as Zach sat down on the floor to watch Spongebob Squarepants with his brothers.

After a while, Zach turned back to his parents.

"Mom? Dad?"

They both looked at Zach.

"Thank you for adopting me. And I'm sorry I ran away a few years ago," he said, looking down in shame.

"Hey," Jenny said, making Zach look up at her. "C'mere." She sat up and made Zach sit between her and Gibbs. All the movement woke Chloe up.

"Zach, honey, it's okay. You know that. We love you." The boy smiled and nodded. Jenny smiled back at him and pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"Can we go to the park tomorrow?" Zach mumbled, making Jenny laugh.

"Sure we can." The two boys noticed the little scene going on and abandoned their cartoon in favor of jumping on the couch. "I love every single one of you!" Jenny said, kissing her twins on the cheek and pressing her lips to her little girl's forehead. Gibbs looked at her with a small smile on his face.

"Da-ad? Don't you love us?" Zach teased. Gibbs fake-glared at Zach.

"Sure, I love you kids." All four kids jumped on him at the same time, but when he growled they all giggled and got off him, running away. Gibbs smirked when they were left alone, and pulled Jenny onto his lap.

"I love you, Jen," he said, moving a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"I love you too, Jethro," she replied happily.

She chuckled when she heard shrieks of disgust and laughter from their kids after Jethro kissed her.

Notes:

A/N: Wow. It's been so long. For those of you who have stuck through to the end-I am eternally grateful. Even though I stopped updating somewhere around June of 2009, to this day I still receive reviews begging for more. I had been thinking about finishing this story off properly for so long, but I just could never do it.

This chapter is probably not what most of you had been wishing for, but unfortunately the person I was when I had been writing this story is no more. My writing style is different, as is the way I view most everything and I didn't want to ruin that aspect of the story. This story means so much to me, and even though I have other stories to finish off, I felt like I owed it to everybody to finish this one first. I consider this story to have been my big break. It was my first multi-chapter story, I've made friends through the story and so much more. This story is a milestone in my writing, and I am thankful to everyone-the readers, the reviewers, and even the bashers.

With this final installment of Code of Honor, I close off this story, and I hope that whatever you, as a reader, look for in a story was here.

For those still pending on other stories, I'm going to post an update on my profile, so look out for that.

With a heavy heart I close off this story.

Sincerely Yours,

Amber

Series this work belongs to: