Actions

Work Header

Running with Wolves

Summary:

The tribes all shared one rule: No mating with anyone from other tribes

Izuku Midoriya lives in a tribe where omegas are sacrificed and mages are rare. Being both these things, he carries a heavy burden.
Katsuki Bakugo is the chief warrior of his tribe, but also the centre of a prophecy that's supposed to save his people.
Both have no idea they're about to break the one rule that's been around since ancient times.

Notes:

come one come all to my first tribal au
i hope this is alright
thank you so much to my beta and best friend DNLX for helping me get this out here
anyways hope you enjoy and stick around for future chapters (´∀`)♡
ps it is currently past midnight and im watching yaoi meps so please excuse any mistakes

Chapter 1: First Meetings

Chapter Text

“Nooo!”

Izuku turned over on his side to face away from the window that his mother opened.

“Come on get up! There’s already a line of patients from today’s morning hunt lining up outside.”

“Why meee.”

“Because it’s your job. It’s not like you do a lot around here.”

“That’s such a lie!”

Izuku quickly sat up to defend himself when he saw the smirk on his mother’s face.

“You always react quickly to that one.”

“Mom!”

Despite this, Izuku smiled. He loved his mother dearly, and always put up with her teasing. His father was killed when Izuku was only 2 years old, so he hardly had any memories of the man. However, he knew his mother loved him more than anything in this world, yet every day she put on a strong face on for her only son. Strangely, Izuku didn’t miss his father as much as people expected him to. He guessed it was because he never knew the man, so there wasn’t anything to miss. He’d only ever known one thing about the man. All he had to tie himself to his father was a name. Besides, there was no guarantee he’d love the greenette anyway. What Alpha would want an Omega son?

“Oh and don’t forget you’ve been called to the Wolf clan later on!”

“Do I really have to go?”

“Is that even a question?”

Izuku groaned. He hated going anywhere by himself, especially if it involved the Wolf clan. They were all so scary, he shivered just thinking about them. Even though all the tribes were at peace with mages, being a small Omega didn’t help Izuku’s case.

“Okay mom, I’ll go.”

“Good. I’m going out to sell last night’s medicine, so why don’t you get started on the patients?”

“Sure mom!”

“I’ll see you in a minute.”

“Be safe!”

Izuku sighed and got out of bed, the bones on his neck clanking against each other, ringing out in the empty house. Throwing on his nearest clothes, he squinted as he stepped into the light. The rays of sunshine warmed his skin and made it tingle. Birds happily chirped in the trees surrounded him and Izuku couldn’t help but smile.

“Ahh what a nice day.”

“Mr. Midoriya!”

“And there they are.”

Not a day goes by when Izuku doesn’t hear the cries of help from his fellow villagers. The perks of being a mage.

“Coming!”

“Okay, you be careful now. Just rest and don’t push yourself too far. I’d consider taking some time off hunting to make sure it heals properly.”

“But I need to help out. With salmon season coming up, we’re already short handed since last year’s fire...”

“I know, but it really is better that you let it heal, otherwise it could reopen and it’ll take even longer.”

“Okay.”

“Don’t forget to take your medicine!”

Izuku wiped his forehead from the sweat that glistened in the sun.

“It’s hot out here!”

“M-Mr. Midoriya!”

Izuku looked towards where his name was being called and saw a smaller girl standing there.

“How may I help you?” he asked with a smile.

“I bought you some berry juice. I know how hot it is out here, and you’re working so hard. I know using your powers takes up a lot of energy, so...h-here!”

Before Izuku could thank the girl, she’d hurried off, leaving him with a large cup of cold, fresh berry juice. Gulping it down, the Omega realised just how thirsty he was.

“Ah that hits the spot!”

He stood up and stretched his legs, jumping slightly when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“I’m back!”

“Welcome home!”

Izuku smiled at his mother and helped her inside.

“Ah, silly old legs.”

“You really shouldn’t push yourself so much mom.”

“You don’t have to worry about me. I’m just an old woman.”

“Still…”

“I see you got through all the patients before I even got back!”

Izuku knew she was changing the subject, but went with it. He didn’t like pressing his mother too much, and knew it was better to just leave it.

“Haha, yeah.”

“You’re getting stronger every day. Where’s my little boy going?”

His mom patted his cheek and smiled up at him, though her features were slightly somber.

“I’m still here mom.”

“You used to be so tiny, following me around everywhere I went, hiding behind my legs.”

“I’m not going anywhere mom, so don’t worry. I’ll always be here for you.”

“And me for you. I love you so much sweetie.”

“I love you too mom.”

Despite his small and fragile stature, Izuku was quite strong. Being an Omega, he couldn’t build on muscle like the other secondary genders. Of course, no one else knew he was an Omega. That was a secret kept between him and his mother. Everyone assumed he was just a small Beta. There’s no way they’d let an Omega take care of them, especially with him being a male. A little white lie, that’s all it was supposed to be. Something to benefit everyone. Unfortunately, being an Omega came with its hardships. Izuku had tried thousands of different medicines to suppress his instincts, yet none seemed to actually work. Eventually, his mother had to use her own magic to come up with something that would extinguish them.

Izuku’s clan was the second strongest out there, despite their timid, nervous nature. That was something to be proud of. However, that meant most of the clan was made up of Alphas. This meant he was constantly surrounded by their strong, musky, potent, alluring smell. He tried his best to control himself, but there had been one too many incidents where things almost got out of control. Being an Omega, his maternal instincts were also suspiciously strong. If he couldn’t be found, he was most likely playing with the children in the fields, making flower crowns and splashing in the river. Many villagers were cautious around him with good reason.

Not only was he one of the strongest mages in the forest, he also was always confusing people with his abilities. A Beta was best known for fulfilling their primary gender roles. If you were a female, you were to be a mother and carry out all other duties given to women. If you were a male, you’d go out with hunting parties and protect your mate and offspring. Not only did Izuku partake in both these roles, but he excelled at them. If you placed him on a hunting party of only male Betas, he’d bring in two times as much meat as they could. If you put him in a group of female Betas, he’d cook the most delicious food, sew the fastest, and all the children loved him. He could calm a crying baby when not even the mother could. Some people thought he was cursed while others believed he was blessed. Truth be told, it was just his natural Omegan instincts. His clan was no place for Omegas, so he was the only one around, not that anyone knew that.

“I think it’s time you get going Izu.”

Izuku shook his head from his thoughts and turned to face his mother.

“Oh right, I forgot about that.”

“What am I going to do with you?”

“Sorry! I’ll go now.”

“Be safe, honey.”

“I will.”

The Omega reached down and picked up the satchel that his mother had filled with all sorts of medicines, bandages, herbs and salves. They only had a vague idea of what he was heading into, so they thought it was better they be safe. The trek to the Wolf clan was quite long, and one Izuku had only made once with his mother. Unfortunately, she was needed at their own clan, so it was a trip the Omega had to make on his own. He was scared, but put on a brave face. The mage generation was dying out, so there weren’t many to call upon in times of need. This was something he was used to. Ever since he was allowed to practice medicine, he’d been sent to multiple camps to treat many different people. From hunting injuries to illness, Izuku had seen it all.

Now 16, his magic was stronger than ever, and his powers were strong enough to go on missions like this without his mother. Unfortunately, it also meant he was finally of age to mate. He’d been pressured since finding out about his abilities to find a female to reproduce with. The importance of passing on the mage’s power was ever present, and Izuku was starting to feel like if he didn’t choose someone, someone would be chosen for him. Normally, partners have 2 to 3 children to ensure their genetics are passed down. However, his father died before his parents could have a chance to have more than one child.

Thankfully, the mage genes were passed onto Izuku, and he was protected and sheltered to make sure he made it to adulthood. Sadly, no one in the Omega’s clan caught his eye, and even if they did a big problem would arise. Omegas can’t pass their genetics on to other people, they can only receive other’s seeds and grow the child themselves. He knew he would be outcast if anyone in the tribe ever found out about his true secondary gender. It was bad luck to be a male Omega. They were considered cursed humans, deemed unworthy by the gods. Usually when one is born, they are sacrificed to the next full moon. However, because Izuku’s mother was the strongest mage in the forest, she used many potions and spells to disguise the Omega's true identity. He wasn’t sure what he was going to do when it came time to finally bond with someone. There’s no way he’d be able to hide it any longer, but that was a thought for another day. As the small boy neared the camp, he could smell the distinct scent of the Wolf clan, the strongest in the forest. Izuku gulped as two guards approached him.

“Who are you?”

“I-Izuku Midoriya. I-I was summoned as a...as a mage.”

They nodded to each other and then proceeded to escort the Omega down the pathway and through the entrance. The tribe was bristling with action. Looking around, men and women alike were preparing for the salmon season, much like Izuku’s own clan. However, here there was one big difference. Omegas littered the village, each standing out by the bright red markings on their cheeks. The greenette remembered how surprised he’d been the first time he visited and noticed Omegas in the village, interacting with everyone like normal. When he and his mother got back home, Izuku immediately jumped on the question that had been burning his tongue for the whole visit.

“There are Omegas in the Wolf clan?!”

“Haha, I thought you’d be surprised by that.”

“W-What? Why? How?”

“Well, the Wolf clan has...different ideals from us. They believe that Omegas are...how should I put this? They believe Omegas are here for Alphas.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ll tell you when you’re older.”

That was when Izuku was 12. He hadn’t visited the Wolf clan since, and honestly he thought of that as a blessing. Everyone turned their heads to catch a glimpse of the mage passing through their clan. He was being led directly to the leader, and Izuku thought he was going to pass out. He’d never met the man, his mother had been the one to greet him last time. His legs were shaking and each step sent an antagonising pain up his spine.

“We’re here.”

The small boy looked at the entrance covered by vines. Taking a deep breath, Izuku mentally prepared himself to enter.

“Excuse me.”

He stepped inside, bowing low in a greeting to the old man. Looking up, he was shocked to see not one, but two men sitting down on tatami mats.

“Welcome, Midoriya,” the older man greeted.

Upon inspection, the Omega realised the younger man was the lead warrior The markings were clear as day on his arms, and Izuku squeaked a little. Big, beautiful, crimson eyes stared deep into his soul, sucking out any ounce of confidence he had left. The older man cleared his throat and the Omega blushed a deep pink realising he’d completely zoned out.

“S-Sorry!”

“What I was saying was we’ve set up an area for the sick and injured, so if you’d like to follow Katsuki here, he’ll bring you to them.”

The younger man grunted as he stood up and began walking over to Izuku. He towered over the small Omega, looking down on him like a piece of prey. His stature combined with his build and status made it obvious he was an Alpha.

“C'mon then.”

The Alpha’s voice resonated through Izuku’s body, making his every fibre tremble. He was frozen in place, unable to even blink as fear coursed through his veins. Something about this Alpha screamed danger, and the Omega’s instincts were telling him to run away. Unfortunately, he had a duty to fulfill.

“Well are you coming?”

“Y-Yes!” Izuku squeaked, quickly rushing to catch up with the man called Katsuki.

They walked through the tribe and everything caught Izuku’s attention. He gasped at the beautiful flowers blooming throughout the village, drooled at the delicious smells of cooking meat and smiled brightly at the children playing around the fire.

“What a wonderful clan,” he whispered to himself.

Everyone here seemed so close to one another, quite different from the relationships he was used to back at his own tribe.

“Must be nice…”

“Hah? You say something?”

“N-No!”

Izuku waved his hands around nervously at being heard and quickly walked forwards, accidentally bumping into the Alpha.

“Ah! S-Sorry! I-I wasn’t looking where I was going and I accidentally bumped into you I didn’t realise you’d stopped and I kept on walking without-”

“Okay, Jesus fucking Christ! Just keep moving.”

This is a nightmare, Izuku groaned internally. He was so jumpy and jittery even the slightest touch and he was meters in the air. Finally, they arrived at the place where everyone was staying. Stepping inside he immediately sensed the change of air. Something was very wrong here. Slowly sliding his bag off his shoulder, he walked around the room, taking everyone into account.

“How many of them are sick and how many are injured?”

Whenever situations got like this, Izuku had a tendency to forget all his shy, nervous tendencies and get strict and down to business, especially in a situation like this. He didn’t know what it was, but something felt off.

“The ones on that side are hurt, the ones on the other are ill.”

“Okay, I need you to get me some hot water and cotton.”

“Who the fuck do you think you’re talking to?!”

“Hurry, something’s not right.”

The Omega kneeled down by the closest man and rested his hand on his head. It was burning hot, just like Izuku thought. Walking over to the injured section, he realised there were only 3 patients, and none of them seemed to be seriously hurt.

“Okay, I’ll help you guys first.”

He set to work, stitching wounds and applying salves to infections. He was finishing up with the last Alpha when Katsuki walked back into the room.

“Here ya go.”

“Thanks, could you set it down over there for me? Okay, you’re all good to go. Take it easy now, okay? I don’t want you to rip it open again.”

The Alpha nodded and walked out of the room. Sighing and wiping his forehead, Izuku walked back over to the sick people.

“What happened?”

"Not sure. They all suddenly just got sick.”

“How many days ago?”

“2.”

“Did they eat something in particular? Come across something unusual?”

“Not that I was notified of.”

“That’s not much to go off.”

“Well ’s all I’ve got.”

The Omega walked around to the same man as before and tried to get his attention.

“There’s no point. None of them have woken up since they fell ill.”

“Strange...”

Izuku was at a loss. He had no idea what to do, where to start. He wished his mom were here. But she’s not. Now hurry up and help these people! Izuku’s didn’t know how long he’d been working for. It must’ve been at least 6 hours. He’d tried multiple different herbs, plants, spices, salves and mixtures of potions. When nothing worked, he resorted to using his own power. This was something he rarely used as it drained every last bit of strength he had left.

“Desperate times call for desperate measures.”

The Omega placed his fingertips on either side of the man’s head, and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. Concentrating every sense, every bone, every last bit of himself on the Alpha underneath him, he felt his own being drift through his fingertips and into the man’s head. Sweat dripped off Izuku’s head and soaked into the Wolf’s bandages. When he couldn’t take it any longer, the greenette broke away with a cry before collapsing into a heap on the floor. Taking sharp inhales of cold air, he felt his eyelids droop.

“Oi. The fuck's going on in there?”

Izuku glanced to the side to see Katsuki rushing to his side.

“Kacchan…”

Izuku woke up, cold spreading from his forehead down his spine to the tips of his toes. Launching himself up, his heart raced with fear at the unfamiliar smell.

“W-Where am I?”

“You collapsed, so I brought you to my den.”

“H-H-Hah?!”

“What you got a problem with it? I could’ve just left you on the fuckin' floor ya know.”

“O-Oh! No, I’m very grateful. Thank you!”

“’S more like it.”

The Omega clutched his head and looked around. He frowned slightly when he noticed it was only one room.

“Do you not live with your parents?”

“Why would I?”

“Oh well it’s just in my tribe we live with our parents until we’re mated so I guess I just assumed you weren’t which I really shouldn’t have I’m sorry I just thought-”

“Would you stop doing that!”

“W-What?”

“That fucking stupid rambling.”

“Sorry! I didn’t mean to…”

“Well if you’re good enough to sit up you’re good enough to walk. You should go home.”

“What time is it?”

“Well past your fucking bedtime that’s for sure.”

“I was out for that long?!”

“I bet your mommy’s worrying about you, so run along.”

“Did it work?”

“Did what work?”

“The Alpha. Is he better?”

“None of them have improved.”

Izuku’s heart sunk.

“You’re kidding. That was the last thing I could think of to do. I didn’t heal any of them. I’m such a failure I can’t be called a mage I-”

“Such up! You’re giving me a fucking headache.”

“S-Sorry. I’ll be going now.”

The Omega stood up and bowed low to Katsuki.

“T-Thanks for everything, and sorry for the intrusion. Please tell your leader I’m sorry, and I’ll be back with more supplies.”

“Tch. Whatever.”

Izuku bowed once more before walking out the den. Looking around, he realised the warrior was right. It was dark, well past midnight.

“I hope mom’s not worrying too much. I told her I’d be home before midnight. Better hurry.”

The Deer wouldn’t consider himself scared of the dark. But being in the forest at night alone was a different story. He jumped at every little noise, quickening his pace until he was almost sprinting through the trees. Arriving at the hidden entrance to his clan, he pushed aside the vines and walked through. The village was dead quiet, everyone had gone to sleep by now. The fires were dying down, the food eaten. As Izuku walked towards the den he shared with his mother, he realised how starving he was. He hadn’t eaten anything since midday, and, with using his power, he’d drained all his strength. To prove his point, his stomach rumbled, seeming incredibly loud in the eerie silence. Trying to be as quiet as he could, the Omega placed his satchel down and tiptoed to his room.

“Izuku? Is that you?”

“Mom?”

“Oh thank goodness!”

Before he could prepare himself, the greenette was smothered by his mother.

“I was so worried about you!” she wailed.

“Mom! Be quiet! You’re going to wake everyone up!”

“S-Sorry I just thought something really bad had happened to you.”

“I’m sorry. I got really caught up. I ended up using my magic, and then I collapsed and didn’t wake up for a few hours.”

“Why’d you use your power?!”

“Nothing else was working. Mom I’m really worried. Something’s not right in that tribe. When I walked into the room, it felt...wrong. There was something off, something disturbing the air. I tried everything I could think of, potions, herbs, salves, nothing worked on the sick Wolves.”
“What do you mean?”

“I can’t explain it, but it’s bad. Not even my mage power worked on it. I think we need to go back.”

“Izuku. What exactly did it smell like?”

“Like...death, decay.”

His mom inhaled sharply and tensed in Izuku’s arms.

“Mom? What’s wrong?”

She immediately relaxed and Izuku could hear her smile.

“Nothing baby! I’m sure they’re fine, it must just be some bug going around. Why don’t you have something to eat and then get some rest. You must be tired after such a big day.”

The Omega didn’t believe her, but he did as he was told. That night he tossed and turned in his bed. He couldn’t get his mind off the sick people, nor his mother’s reaction. Stop being stupid and go to sleep already!

The next day was as uneventful as most are. Izuku went on a hunting trip, then helped out with the skinning and boning of the meat, and then went about making the salt for the preservations. When it was finally the end of the day, he was beat, and his back hurt like hell.

“Izu?”

“Yes mom?”

“Could you make dinner tonight? There are so many batches to be made for tomorrow, if I don’t start now I won’t finish in time.”

“Sure thing! I’ll help you in a second.”

Cooking was something Izuku enjoyed the most. He especially liked using the meat he caught. It was always the most delicious, not that Izuku liked gloating, but he did know how to catch the best prey. It also meant saving money as they didn’t have to buy meat from the local market. Even though they were mages, they struggled with money due to the Midoriya’s kind nature. Most of the time they should be charging for their practices and medicine, but right now everyone in the tribe was having a hard time. Izuku contemplated their situation, and the problem with the Wolves while he stirred the stew. He and his mother ate in silence, and with only a small ‘goodnight’ they were off to bed.

“Mr. Midoriya! Mr. Midoriya!”

Izuku was wrenched out of his dream world by someone screaming his name.

“It’s too early for this,” Izuku groaned as he sat up and looked for the source.

Someone suddenly burst through his doors and the Omega came face to face with the village leader.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s your mother.”

Chapter 2: I Love You

Summary:

as izuku spends time with his sick mother, he runs into a certain blonde, insisting izuku come with him back to the wolf tribe

Notes:

its wednesday
yall know what thats means
thanks for the huge amount of support last chapter
i hope yall like this one (´∀`)♡

Chapter Text

“M-Mother?”

“Come quickly, we need you.”

As Izuku followed behind the leader, he felt numb. Something was wrong with his mother. The one person in this world who loved and accepted him for who he was. Please let her be okay.

“In here.”

Before the Omega even stepped inside the room, he could sense something was wrong. It was the exact same smell from the Wolf clan. Pushing aside the vines, he entered the den and gasped at how many people were lying on the floor.

“What happened in here?”

“We...we don’t know.”

“Where’s my mother.”

Izuku spotted the familiar green hair and rosy cheeks he’d known his whole life.

“Mom!”

He quickly rushed to his mother’s side, falling to his knees. Hair fell in front of his eyes and gravel punctured his hands, but nothing compared to the pain in his heart. His mother slowly turned her head, revealing a spreading black on her neck.

“Mom…”

Taking her hand, Izuku clutched it close to his heart. He felt his powers leave through his fingertips and flow through her being.

“Baby, you’re here.”

“I’m here. It’s going to be okay, you’re going to be alright. I-I just have to-”

Coughs convulsed through his mother’s chest and tears fell from her eyes.

“I don’t have much longer. I need to...I need to tell you something.”

“No! Don’t talk, save your strength. I’m going to fix this, I promise.”

“Izu, listen closely.”

“No, mom! I-I don’t want to hear it! You’re not going to die.”

“Please, it’s important. It’s about-”

Izuku watched as blood spilled from his mother’s mouth, trailing down her chin.

“Mom! Mom stay with me!”

A weak squeeze of his hand and Izuku felt his mother fading.

“I love you so much baby. Remember, don’t be afraid to be yourself. Take care of everyone for me.”

“Mom? Mom! Please, no! Don’t go, don’t leave me here!”

The Omega watched his mother’s head fall to the side and her eyes become distant. He wailed and wailed. Resting his head on her chest, he wished a thousand times over for her to come back. Somewhere across the room, cries joined his. Lifting his head, pain struck his heart. He’d only ever heard that noise once in his life. It was a completely animalistic sound, a painful cry for help, a howl of misery at the loss of someone precious. Izuku wanted to hide away, to wallow in his suffering at losing the one person who actually cared about him, but he had a duty. He needed to fix this before it spread to everyone in the tribe, and those outside. Wiping his eyes, he glanced down at his loving mother one last time. Placing a hand on her forehead, he left his mark.

I love you mom.

His limbs felt dead, like he was never going to move again. There was a gaping hole in his heart he knew would never again be filled, but that was something he was going to have to live with now. He needed to be strong, for his tribe and his mother. Sitting at his table, he traced the wood, smiling at the memory of making it with his mother. Shaking his head, he concentrated on the problem at hand.

“Okay, I know it’s in the Wolf and Deer tribes. Did it come from the Wolf tribe? Is that where it originated? I don’t remember seeing anyone sick when I left yesterday. How did it spread here? Is something in the forest spreading it? The air? The water? The animals? What could it be...Who does it affect? Why am I not sick? I need to go see the Wolves again.”

Izuku was so busy muttering to himself he didn’t notice someone knocking on the door until they let themselves in. Even then, it took a hand on his shoulder for him to jump and turn around.

“I’m sorry for your loss, Mr. Midoriya.”

The Omega smiled at the village chief, and lowered his gaze in respect.

“We’re going to hold a ceremony tomorrow. Would you like to organise it?”

Izuku didn’t know. Should he organise his own mother’s death ceremony? Would that only bring more pain? But he couldn’t imagine letting anyone else do it.

“Yes, I’d like to.”

“Very well. We’ll leave you in peace now.”

“Thank you.”

It was a long standing tradition when grieving for a loved one that they were left in isolation. That meant no talking, no eating and only water to drink for 24 hours. It was supposed to help lift the spirit and help the heart give up the person. Stupid tradition if you ask me, Izuku thought. When in grief, one should be surrounded by their other loved ones. Not that it affects me after all. I don’t have anyone else, nor do I feel like I could stomach eating anything right now.

The Omega worked well into the night on figuring out all the symptoms, possible causes and carriers for this newly found disease. He was thankful for the peace and quiet, it meant no one would interrupt his train of thought. At one point, however, he’d gotten so enthralled in his work he forgot about what happened. He kept expecting his mother to walk through the door at any moment, only to be hit with another wave of pain, guilt and agony when he realised that would never happen again. He would never see her smile, never hear her voice, never-

“Let’s not think about that now!”

Slapping his cheeks to keep himself awake, the greenette walked over to the counter they used to prepare their meals. Picking up his wooden cup, he made his way outside to the nearest water point. Running his thumb over the engravings, tears pricked his eyes. His mother had gifted this to him on his 8th birthday. She’d worked so hard picking out the best wood, carving it into a perfect hollow shape, and sanding it down until it was smooth as stone. She then engraved the words he’d never again hear on the bottom.

I love you, Izu.

A huge responsibility now rested on Izuku’s shoulders. He was the last known mage in the forest, and as people started to realise this, panic ensued. The Omega was collecting flowers for his mother’s ceremony later that night when 3 of the tribes elite members came up to him. Bowing low, he put the flowers down to turn his full attention to the people in front of him.

“Mr. Midoriya. As you know, you are of age and the last mage we know of. Our leaders have come together and decided to hold your mating ceremony the day after tomorrow. We’ve picked out our finest Beta women, and hope you will choose well. That is all.”

They left without a single word from the greenette himself. He scowled and turned back to his task. There’s no way I’m mating with any of them. They all make me sick, just thinking about themselves. What would happen if they knew the real me, what I really was?

He didn’t belong in this tribe anymore. He didn’t have a home here. But where could he go? Throwing the bouquet down in frustration, he walked out the village and down the path deep into the forest to clear his head. Taking a deep breath in through his nose, he relished in the sweet, crisp smell. He whipped his head to the side and dropped low when he heard the sound of a twig breaking somewhere on his right. Shuffling behind a bush, he peeked through to try to catch a glimpse of the source of noise. His eyes widened as he saw the warrior from the Wolf clan standing in plain view. With his back to Izuku, the Omega didn’t know if the blonde knew he was there.

“I can smell you you know.”

Izuku squeaked and fell onto his butt. Scuttling backwards, his back hit a tree. He shrunk into himself as Katsuki walked closer to him.

“You really are a fucking bitch you know that.”

“Y-You’re the one who’s in my territory!”

Izuku hated standing up for himself, but he hated being insulted even more.

“'N what're you gonna to do about it?”

The Alpha was now growling low into Izuku’s face. The Omega swore his heart wasn’t working properly as he started panting and feeling dizzy.

“Tch.”

Katsuki backed off, slumping against a nearby boulder.

“The chief sent me. More people are getting sick; we lost 2 yesterday.”

At this, Izuku perked up.

“He told me to fetch you and your mother.”

The Omega’s heart dropped and his gaze faltered. Tears welled in his eyes at the thought of his mother being gone. There was still so much he had to learn…

“She..She isn’t with us any longer.”

The greenette sensed a change of air and turned his head to the side; he didn’t want Katsuki to see him crying.

“You still gotta come with me.”

“There’s nothing I can do to save them. I’m not strong enough. I’m not good enough.”


Katsuki looked down at the pitiful boy on the ground. He longed to hold his hand out, hold him close, but something was stopping him. This man wasn’t for him. He couldn’t be for him. Long standing rules outlawed Wolves and Deer being together, and there was nothing he, or and one else could do to change that. Katsuki remembered last summer when an Alpha and a Beta from different clans had been found out. It was horrifying what they did to them. But right now, more and more people from his tribe were dying without an explanation. Soon, their kind would be near extinct, so all he could do was get this crying bitch off the forest floor and to his tribe, however much he protested.

“C'mon. Get up off your ass. There are people dying out there are you’re the only one who can help them.”

“B-But I...I can’t help them. Don’t you understand? There’s nothing I can do. My mom would’ve been able to do something but me? I’m just weak.”

“Listen here buddy. I don’t have time for you to bitch and whine about how you aren’t good enough. My people are dying. They aren’t going to last much longer if you don’t do something, anything.”

By this point Katsuki was getting desperate. This boy was the only known mage in the forest, and the Alpha didn’t exactly have time to go find another, if one even existed. The Deer sniffed and pulled himself away from Katsuki’s grip.

“Go find someone else.”

“I can’t! You’re the only known mage, so if you don’t help, no one can.”

At this point the warrior was thinking about knocking the boy out cold and dragging him along.

“O-Okay...I’ll come. But I’m telling you there’s nothing I can do. I couldn’t even save my own mother…”

“Well at least you’ve had one for so long.”


Izuku looked up into crimson eyes that seemed to hold so much strength, but for a moment, they faltered and the Omega could see what he was truly like inside.

“Tch. Get fucking moving.”

Before the greenette could dwell any longer on it, the Alpha was walking.

“W-Wait! I don’t have anything.”

“Well, what are you waiting for? Go get it!”

“R-Right!”

Izuku wiped the tears from his eyes as he ran back to his village. He’d been so distracted by the Wolf, he’d forgotten about the ceremony that was to take place tonight.

“I’ll be back in time, I promise mom.”

He didn’t really know why he was listening to the Alpha, but something deep down told him to go, and his gut was usually right. Plus, it’s not like he had anything to lose. He rummaged through the medicine cabinets, picking up one of everything he could think of and stuffing it into his satchel.

“Even if I can just cure one person today, it’ll be a start.”

Slinging his now extra heavy bag over his shoulder, he made the trek back towards Katsuki. The Alpha wasn’t hard to find, with his wide shoulders and bright hair.

“I’m back.”

“I could hear you from a mile away, tripping over those roots.”

Izuku blushed a deep shade of red and walked past Katsuki. Deer were supposed to be quiet and graceful, the exact opposite of what the Omega was. The two walked in silence, and he had to continuously run a little to catch up with the Alpha whose strides were much longer than his. I’ll do this for you, mom.

“Are you a fucking Omega?”

Izuku stopped dead in his tracks at the question. His heart leapt into his throat and he began to sweat. Gulping, he put on his best facade and smiled.

“No, a Beta, why do you ask?”

“You’re a terrible liar you know.”

“I-I’m not lying! I’m really a Beta, ask anyone!”

“Tch. Whatever.”


Katsuki knew the Deer was lying. Even though he wasn’t a hundred percent sure himself, the warrior knew this boy wasn’t a Beta, and he most certainly wasn’t an Alpha. Even though he didn’t smell like all the Omegas Katsuki knew, there was something about him that was...different. He didn’t bother speaking to the greenette for the rest of the way back to his tribe. Apart from the occasional ‘ow’ and ‘not again’, their journey was made in silence. Just as they were about to round the tree where the entrance to the Wolf tribe was located, he heard the Deer stop and gasp. That’s a new sound. Turning around, he saw the boy kneeling down, cupping something in his hands.

“The fuck're you doing?”

His question went unanswered as a stream of unintelligible mummers fells from the soft pink lips that belong to the man Katsuki couldn’t figure out. Walking up to him, the Alpha peered over the freckled boy’s shoulder to see a small robin.

“Oi.”

The Deer jumped up as Katsuki tapped his shoulder.

“You scared me!”

“I’ve called you three fucking times, are you listening?”

“What, no sorry I was-”

“Save it. We’re here, so put the fucking bird down and get on with the job you were summoned to do.”

“But...this isn’t right. Robins shouldn’t be around at this time, they shouldn’t have come back yet.”

“So what? Maybe one came early or got left behind or some shit. Doesn’t matter, so get your ass moving.”

“Fine, but I’m taking the bird with me.”

“Whatever.”

Izuku stoked the robin’s feathers, crooning at it.

“It’s a fucking bird it doesn’t understand what you’re saying.”

“S-Sorry.”


The Omega kept silent until they reached the den entrance he stood at only a few days ago.

“Excuse me.”

He bowed low as he entered the chiefs room.

“Ah Mr. Midoriya. I’m glad to see you’re back.”

“Y-Yes, sir.”

“Well, as last time, Katsuki here will guide you to them. I am displeased to say more have fallen ill, and some passed last night.”

“I’m sorry for your loss.”

Izuku bowed low once again and was about to walk back out when the leader spoke up again.

“What’s that you have in your hands?”

“Oh it’s a robin I found in the forest.”

“A-A robin?”

“Yes. I thought it was quite strange seeming as it isn’t time for them to migrate back, and this one’s injured.”

“May I see it.”

“Of course.”

Izuku brought it closer to the man and bent down, opening his palms just enough to show off the bird that has nestled in the Omega’s palms. The chief’s eyes widened and he gasped, throwing a hand over his mouth.

“Get that out of here!”

“S-Sorry?”

“Get out!”

The greenette was so shocked he couldn’t move. Eventually, he was dragged out by the collar and thrown into the pebbled stone walkway.

“The fuck did you do back there?!”

“I-I didn’t do anything…”

“Fucking Deer.”

Katsuki now loomed over Izuku’s small stature. Pulling him up by the collar, Izuku felt his airway being restricted.

“Listen here you little shit. I don’t care what you say, you’re an Omega. And you should know your place.”

Throwing him down, the Deer cried out as a particularly sharp rock came into contact with the back of his leg.

“Now get up. Or are you a fucking wimp?”

The Omega quickly stood up, clutching the bird to his chest. He rubbed his leg and limped after the angry Alpha. He didn’t mean to do it, whatever it was he did. I’ll apologise when I’m done here.

“Oh! That’s right! I kind of need to get back soon, my mother’s ceremony is tonight.”

“And you think a dead person is more important than those who are alive?”

“W-What?”

Izuku wanted to cry. He wanted to wail and cling onto someone. So much had happened in such a short period of time he hadn’t had any time to process any of it. His mother was gone. She’d never come back. There was an inexplicable, incurable disease spreading through the forest. It was killing people. There was nothing he could do to help them. And now he’d made the Wolf leader upset and-

“STOP FUCKING MUTTERING!”

“Sorry…”

The Omega looked down at the sleeping bird in his hands as he came to the entrance of the den where the sick people were being housed. He quickly shouted out as Katsuki was about to enter.

“Don’t go in there!”

“Hah?”

“I-I don’t know what kind of disease is. I don’t know if it spreads between humans or what causes it or what’s a carrier, so I want to take as many precautions as possible. That means sealing off this area and not letting anyone in without the proper protection.”

Izuku had gone into his work headspace. He threw all other thoughts out of his mind besides one. Please, he prayed, please let me help these people.

Chapter 3: Tough Choices

Summary:

izuku makes a choice which will determine his whole future

Notes:

loooolll im not dead yall
sorry for disappearing for like more than a month (ノ*゜▽゜*)
my mental health went down the fucking drain, i got sick, exams were a thing and that brings us to the present ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
i only have a few more exams and then its summer thank the fucking lord
i did have a day off today and decided to get a chapter out for yall
so, as always, hope you enjoy and please tell me what you thought (´∀`)♡

Chapter Text

Izuku wiped his forehead as sweat started to drip onto the tatami mats covering the ground. He’d spent the last few hours labouring over the patients and yet nothing had changed. At one point, he thought a salve had worked but 30 minutes later and the Alpha was back to his previous condition. The day was turning, and the Omega knew he should get back to his own tribe in time for the ceremony, but something was keeping him here. It was like the answer was on the tip of his tongue, just past his outstretched hand. Curses and spells alike flew past his lips, being swallowed in the open air. He was just about to give up for the day when he heard a fluttering in the corner of the room. Lifting his head, he squinted in the dark to see rapid movement and hear little noises.

“Who’s there?”

Standing up, he quietly and slowly walked towards the source. Lifting a glass bottle above his head, his heart was racing in his ears.

“I said who’s there!”

Just as he was about to bring the glass down on the thing, it shined in a strip of light that had found its way into the den.

“HOLY SHIT!”

“What’s going on in there?”

Izuku turned towards the entrance, and realised someone must be standing guard. He must’ve shouted so loudly it brought the attention of others around him.

“Sorry! It’s nothing, I just got scared for a second.”

“Well, keep it down.”

“Sorry.”

Izuku shook his head as he came down from his adrenaline high. He must’ve gotten so caught up in everything he forgot about the robin he brought in with him.

“You scared me!”

A squeak was returned and Izuku chuckled.

“I guess I really am on edge. Well, come on, we have to get going.”

Packing his things up, the greenette made his way out the den. Not forgetting his promise, he tried, and failed, to find the chief’s den. The Wolf tribe was so full of twists and turns, he hadn’t taken two steps before getting lost. Bumping into a girl, he apologised and bowed low.

“I’m sorry, but you wouldn’t happen to know where the chief’s den is?”

The girl took a sniff and her eyes opened wide. Dropping whatever it was she had been holding she quickly took off in the other direction.

“Do I smell that bad?”

“No dipshit, but you do smell like Deer.”

Whirling around Izuku came face to face with Katsuki.

“The fuck're you doing wandering around?”

“I-I was trying to find the chief and then I got lost and then I bumped into a girl and thought I’d ask her for help but then-”

“Yeah, yeah I get it. Ares and Artemis save me. How did I get stuck with you?”

“Ares? Artemis?”

“Yeah Ares, god of war. Artemis, goddess of hunt.”

“I know who they are, I just didn’t know the Wolf tribe worshipped them.”

“Of course we do. They’re the strongest of them all.”

“I mean-”

“I didn’t ask your opinion Omega. You probably worship some lame, stupid god anyway like Aphrodite.”

“I think Aphrodite is rather nice actually, she is the god of love anyway. But no, we more worship Hygieia. Well, at least my mother and I did.”

“Who the fuck is that? I’ve never even heard of them.”

“She’s the goddess of health and medicine. My mother always said she believed that Hygieia would help her help everyone.”

“Well look what good she’s doing now.”

With that Katsuki started walking down the gravel pathway.

“I’m done talking with you.”

Izuku’s heart sunk. He felt like he’d done something wrong to Katsuki. Sure the two tribes hadn’t always gotten along, but Izuku always thought he was separated from all that. It might seem conceited of him to think like that, to think he’s better than everyone else, but it wasn’t like that. He thought that because he was a mage, he would be able to unite everyone. At least, that’s what he wanted to do; but what power did he actually have? He couldn’t even cure a single, stupid disease. And people were dying because of him.

“You know I can hear you muttering.”

Izuku’s face turned red and he quickly ran to catch up with the Alpha, keeping his head down. He gripped the strap of his bag so tightly his knuckles turned a pale white.


Katsuki knew the Omega was hurting. It was a lot of responsibility to put on someone, especially when that someone wasn’t even a full mage. Katsuki had experienced that feeling first hand and knew how horrible it was. But right now, Katsuki’s main priority was his own tribe. He had to overlook feelings for everyone else, because his people came first. If he wasn’t careful all Wolves would be wiped out without a trace. He couldn’t let that happen. Ever since he was a little child an immense amount of responsibility and expectation had been put on his shoulders. He had no time to be a kid. From the moment he was brought into this world, his future was decided. Years before Katsuki was born, a monster plagued the forest, one no one could slay, hunting on Wolves. A curse was placed on the tribe, and people constantly fell into its hands. Desperate, the tribe looked to the stars.

Fate stepped in and a prophecy was made. A child who bore the markings on their back was to be the one to slay the demon Katsuki didn’t decide it for himself. He didn’t want it. But it was his destiny whether he liked it or not. His whole childhood he was isolated from the other children. He was trained ruthlessly, and even one slip up brought punishment.

Everyone hated him because he was treated differently. By age 14 he was already made the lead warrior. Many elders didn’t like the decision, even thought it was written in the prophecy. They had worked their whole lives, and the position was just given to Katsuki. They thought he wasn’t worthy because he was so young, but they didn’t know what went on behind closed doors; no one knew. He had to put on a tough act to save his heart. It was already irreparably damaged by his parents, his friends, his whole tribe.

“Hurry up the fuck up or I’m leaving you behind.”

Something about this Omega made Katsuki's head fog up. He wasn’t like the others. He didn’t know anything about the warrior. It was like a clean slate. But he couldn’t infatuate himself with the boy. They were from different clans. It was an age old rule that kept everyone separated, and Katsuki hated it. He hated everything about his clan. They were the strongest in the forest. Everyone feared them. They had no alliances. Katsuki wanted to leave, to be free. He’d had 3 failed arranged marriages. There wasn’t a single person in his clan who spiked his interest.

Truth be told, he hated women. Once learning her child was the one in the prophecy, his mother abandoned him. She didn’t want to be associated with what she called a ‘cursed, demon child’. They’d tried everything. Sacrifices, celebrations, silent worships - nothing had worked. Everyone thought this disease was another wave from the curse, but Katsuki thought differently. If it was, why was it spreading to other tribes and not staying within the Wolves’ walls?

“Katsuki? Katsuki?”

The Alpha didn’t realise he’d stopped walking until he felt a weight against his back and heard his name being called.

“What?”

“Um..are you okay?”

“Fucking peachy.”

He brushed the Omega off and began walking again. Finally, they reached the entrance and Katsuki stood beside the hole, waiting for the Deer to leave.

“B-But I didn’t get to apologise to your leader.”

“I don’t think he wants to see you.”

“I really am sorry I-”

“Just go. Don’t you have some important ceremony you need to get to.”

“Yes…”

“I’ll come fetch you tomorrow morning, so you better be ready.”

“Okay, again-”

Katsuki let the vines fall in Izuku’s face and walked away.


Izuku frowned and pouted slightly. He didn’t understand why the Wolf was so cold. Shaking it off, he made his way back home. The whistling of the wind in the trees always calmed him down. He was about halfway there when he suddenly felt very faint. Clutching onto a nearby tree, he scraped the bark until his fingers began to bleed.

“What’s going on…”

Before another thought could come to his mind, the back of his head collided with the forest floor and darkness surrounded his vision.

“Mom? Mom are you there?”

Izuku walked around the empty plain, turning around, trying to catch sight of something, someone.

“Is anyone here?”

Out of nowhere, he heard a noise coming somewhere from his right. 

“Who’s there?”

The Omega walked stealthily towards the sound, heart pounding and hands sweating.

“C-Come out, show yourself!”

“Izuku? Baby!”

The Deer stopped in his tracks at the sound of his mother’s voice.

“Mom?”

Tears streamed down his freckled cheeks. Running into her open arms Izuku clung tight. Reality suddenly hit and he stepped back.

“B-But you’re...you’re dead.”

“I’m so sorry Izuku. I didn’t want to leave. I still had so much to teach you, I wanted to see you grow.”

“Mom…”

“Come quickly now, there isn’t much time.”

Izuku let himself be led by the one person he’d known his whole life. They walked through the forest he recognized, but it looked different. Passing a stream, the Omega noticed there was no sign of life. No fish, no birds, no mice.

“Mom...where am I?”

“Quickly now.”

They finally reached a clearing, and his mother crouched down.

“What are-”

“Shhh. Pay attention.”

Izuku looked forward and noticed someone else emerging from the trees. There seemed to be 3 figures, one of which was a child.

“What are we to do? He’s cursed. We shouldn’t have had him, we knew the rule and we broke it. The gods are going to punish us. I’m scared.”

“It’s okay. We’re going to figure something out.”

The taller figure had a deep, smooth, calming voice. Izuku instantly pinned him as an Alpha. The smaller person, on the other hand, Izuku couldn’t place. They seemed so familiar yet the greenette couldn’t place them. What tribe did they belong to? The Omega couldn’t smell anything.

“Couldn’t we run to the mountain? No one would ever find us. We could live a happy life together!”

“You know we can’t do that. Don’t worry, I have a plan. You’ll go back to your tribe with him. You’ll tell them it’s your and Akihiko’s child. He knows about us, he’ll help you out.”

“What happens then? We still can’t be together. What about you? What if they kill us when they find out the truth?”

“I won’t let that happen. They’re not going to find out about us. You have to forget about me, Inko. We need to go back to our separate tribes. Pretend like nothing happened.”

Inko? Hisashi? Izuku knew those names, but he refused to believe what he was seeing.

“You want me to forget I ever met you?”

“We have to do this.”

“Says who?!”

“Says the law.”

“But...I love you. I love you with all my heart. How am I supposed to go on living without you?”

“You have to, for our child. Maybe one day the rule will be lost, forgotten in time. When that day comes, I’ll be waiting for you, my love.”

A tear slipped past Izuku’s eyes as he watched the two press their foreheads together. These were his parents. His father wasn’t dead. He had mixed tribe blood. Everything was too much and his head started spinning. Just as he was about to pass out, he heard his mother’s voice calling out to him.

“It’s in the stars Izuku. Seek the mountain. There you will find the answer. You must hurry, we’re running out of time. Remember, be careful who you trust.”

Izuku woke with a gasp. The cold night air fresh on his damp skin. Sitting up he carefully made sure everything was still intact. Realising it was getting late, he quickly ran back to his tribe. The ceremony would be starting soon. Pushing the vines aside, he walked into the tribe. It was bustling with movement as everyone was getting ready for tonight’s send off.

The fire was burning and potent scents filled the air. Izuku walked to his own den and put his stuff down. Changing into his nice clothes, he doused himself in a lavender and tea tree solution to try to get the stench of death and sweat off of himself. He picked up the bouquet of flowers as well as the bone necklace he’d placed on the table. Finally, he grabbed the powder he’d made especially for tonight before making his way down to the gathering. Everyone was waiting for him, and as soon as he stood in the circle the tribe leader started their speech.

“We have gathered here today to mourn the death of…”

Izuku had heard the same speech a hundred times before. Only once he was surrounded did he snapped out of his trance. It used to be his mother’s job, but that duty had been passed down to him now. Kneeling beside the corpses, he undid the lip of his jar. It opened with a clink, accompanying the sound of the crackling fire. Scooping some of the powder into his hand, he spat into it to make a paste before using two fingers to smear it on their foreheads. One line across and one down. It was something he’d seen his mother do multiple times before. He was always told it was to hold the souls together so they can safely travel to heaven. Without the markings, it can be dangerous and the soul could turn into a demon. Izuku always wondered how other tribes performed this ritual without a mage. Maybe it just wasn’t as effective. After he was finished, he kissed his mother's cheeks before standing up and placing the bouquet on her chest.

“I love you.”

Other members of the tribe came up after the Omega walked away to give condolences and say their goodbyes. When everyone was done, they formed a circle around the bodies of their loved ones, intertwining hands with one another. Then the chanting began. Traditionally, the mage led it by himself, but on certain occasions others would join in.

Ummia huyuk urnammu hammuraby cereplux netchergamu gedbeguru djergu vastaba zaqgurra ammunn.”

He chanted for what felt like an hour but was probably only a couple of minutes. When he was done, he walked back to his den, unable to watch them send his mother off. Sniffing he wiped the stray tears from his eyes and instead focused on what to eat. He hadn’t had much all day and if he were to go through with his plan, he’d need strength. Just as he was about to close the door, he heard someone moving outside.

“Hello?”

“Mr. Midoriya.”

It was the village chief.

“Yes.”

He bowed low, averting his gaze.

“Are you okay son?”

“As okay as I can be.”

“Listen, people have been...talking. Some have noticed your smell has been off recently. Have you been using a new wash?”

Izuku’s heart sunk in fear.

“No…”

“Maybe it’s because you’ve been interacting with the Wolf tribe, but people are starting to get suspicious. Is there anything you’d like to tell me? Have you been lying to us?”

“Of course not. You know everything there is to know. If something came up I would tell you.”

“I know you would. I just want to make sure my people are calm. When something comes and disturbs the peace, you know we have to deal with it in the proper manner.”

“I know.”

“Good.”

The Omega was scared out of his mind. He tried his best to make sure he wasn’t letting out any sort of pheromone.

“Remember, your ceremony is in 2 days. I want you to be ready as soon as possible the morning of.”

“Of course.”

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

Izuku bowed and only stood up once he knew the leader was gone. Closing the door he slumped against it and let out a shaky breath. Had he been forgetting to take his medicine? With everything that had been gone on it was entirely possible. That was way too close, he thought. Not that it mattered; he’d be out of here by tomorrow morning. With that thought in mind, he set to work.

First, he took out all the important salves, herbs and spices he needed to bring along with him. Laying them out on the table he realised his mother had prepared a lot of these before she passed away. Lifting one up he smiled as he remembered how hard she worked to make sure each one was perfect. Shaking his head he carefully placed them into his satchel before rounding up what little preservable food he had left. He walked over to his drawer where he took out his hunting knife. His mother gifted it to him on his 12th birthday. She said it had once been his father’s. Now he wondered if it was his real father’s or the one that everyone thought was his. Regardless, it had been a gift from his mother and he cherished it.

He hadn’t been able to shake the weird feeling he’d had since he passed out. He hadn’t been able to come to terms with the fact that his mother had lied to him his whole life. He wasn’t who he thought he was. Sighing, he put the knife in his bag, and weighed it. He didn’t want it to get too heavy. He didn’t know how long he’d have to trek with it, so he wanted it to be as light as possible. Satisfied after throwing in a few odd things, he quietly made his way down the path, trying his best to be silent so as not to alert anyone of his presence. He’d specifically put his winter boots on to try his best to muffle any sounds his footsteps would make. Walking out the entrance, he looked back one last time. Was this really the right decision? Pain was affiliated with this place, yes, but it was also where he’d grown up, where his mother had raised him. But it wasn't for him anymore. She had been the last thing keeping him there and now she’d left him. It was time Izuku found his own way through life, and he was going to do it starting with finding the cure for this disease.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

Chapter 4: Away From Home

Summary:

that one time katsuki ran away from home and released calming pheromones

Notes:

chapter summary: courtesy of my best friend DNLX
the second half anyway lol - her
sorry yall its past my bedtime
and she's an idiot who is deliriously tired - her
fuck you
- part 1

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“Don’t do that! You scared the hell out of me!”

“It’s your fault for being fucking deaf.”

“I’m not deaf! Not everyone can have freakishly good hearing you know.”

“Stop straying off topic. I asked what you were doing.”

Katsuki visibly saw the boy shirk into himself and purposely dodge the Alpha’s eyes.

“Well you see…”

“Why do you have a satchel? And winter boots? Just what are you planning?”

The Deer took a deep breath and looked up at Katsuki, who intensely returned the gaze.

“I’m going to find the cure for this illness.”

“'S that all?”

“...and I may or may not be leaving my tribe.”

“You know that’s suicide. As soon as you leave you’ll be an outcast. You won’t belong anywhere.”

“You don’t think I already know that?”

“Well it doesn’t seem like you do.”

“I do alright! There’s no point in me staying here anymore.”

“The fuck're you even talking about? You have everything you could ever want.”

“You know nothing about me.”

Izuku walked past the Alpha, internally freaking out. Why did he say that? He’s a Wolf for Hygieia’s sake!

“Oi, where are you going?”

“I already told you, to find the cure.”

“And you think you’re going to be able to do that by yourself?”

“Well, it’s not like I have a choice, there’s no one but me.”

“What am I, dead salmon?”

“What are you even talking about?”

“I’m saying I’m coming with you.”

“Yeah, no you aren’t.”

Izuku shrunk as Katsuki towered over him.

“And just what power do you think you have over me, huh?”

He stuttered and stumbled. The Alpha was so close Izuku could feel his breath on his lips.

“Why are you leaving your tribe?”

“...there’s nothing for me there.”

“Why do you keep saying that?”

Before the greenette’s brain could catch up with his mouth, the words were already out in the open air.

“Because I’m an Omega.”

“So fucking what?”

“You don’t understand. Omegas are considered cursed in my tribe. They’re sacrificed to the gods for being a ‘mistake’. If anyone in my tribe found out I’d be killed immediately.”

“But you’re the only known mage left.”

“You think they care about that? I’m expected to have children to pass those genes on, but I can’t. I’m sure you know how Omega’s work, you’ve probably been with hundreds. Listen, I have to get going. If they notice I’m gone it doesn’t matter whether I’m an Omega or not, I won’t be alive long enough for them to find out.”

Izuku didn’t wait for the Wolf to reply. He started making his way through the forest. It’s a good thing he could see well in the dark because it was pitch black. Unfortunately, Wolves also had extremely good eyesight as well as hearing, so it was a given that Katuski was following him.

“What are you doing?”

“Coming along with you.”

“I already said you aren’t. This is something I have to do by myself. I don’t know where I’m going or what’s out there.”

“And with your puny build you’re not going to last 2 seconds out there. Plus I can hear and smell you coming from a mile away. The fuck do you think is going to happen when you come across other tribes? I’m sure they’d be more than happy to pounce on a small, defenceless, delicious smelling Omega like you.”

“I’m a mage.”

“You think that’s going to stop them?”

“You don’t even have anything. You aren’t ready to come along.”

“We can stop by my village on the way out.”

“I don’t have enough time to go out of my way. I need to make good mileage before dawn.”

“It’s not a choice.”

Izuku was getting frustrated. Whipping around he almost collided with the blonde.

“And just what makes you think you can tell me what to do?”

“Because I’m bigger, I’m far stronger and I could kill you in about a thousand different ways.”

“Why do you always treat me like that? I haven’t done anything to you. All I’ve done is try to help you and your tribe. Don’t you think I deserve a little bit more respect?”

Izuku didn’t know what had come over him but he really wished he’d shut up before the Alpha really did do something.

“I give respect once the person has earned it.”

“And I haven’t?”

“No.”

“Well, it’s not safe for you to come with me anyway. I’m an Omega, and I don’t have any more medication to suppress...anything. My mum died before she told me how she made the pills.”

“I’m a grown Wolf. I think I can hold myself back from you.”

“You’re really not giving up, are you?”

“No.”

“Fine. You can come with, but there are going to be rules.”

“You think you can-”

“Would you be quiet!”

Izuku wanted nothing more than to die at that very moment. He braced himself for the oncoming hit he knew was going to be delivered right to his face.

“Aren’t you going to hit me?”

“Never in my life has someone stood up to me.”

“...I wonder why.”

“The fuck did you say?”

“Nothing!”

“That’s what I thought. So what are these dumbass rules.”

“Umm okay. First of all, I make the decisions. Secondly…”

Izuku tapped his scratched his finger on his cheek and his eyes wandered around the dark, damp forest.

“'S that all you have?”

“I haven’t had time to think okay! Give me a minute, would you.”

“Tch.”

“Wait, where are you going?”

“You said you need to get out of here quickly, right? So fucking standing around like idiots ain’t gonna do nothin’.”

Izuku quickly caught up to Katsuki jumping slightly at the sounds in the dark forest.

“Are you sure you wanna come with? I mean, you don’t have to...I don’t even know why you are. I don’t know how dangerous it’s going to be or-”

“I’ve already made up my damn mind!”

“Right, okay.”

“Stay here, I’m going to get my things.”

“Hang on, I don’t think it’s a good idea to leave me out here by myself. What if a Wolf catches me?!”

“They’re all asleep so quit worrying. I’ll only be a fucking second.”

“Come back quickly!”


What the fuck am I thinking going along with him? I need to save my tribe, and he’s the only clue I have...but couldn’t he do it on his own? What’s going on with me? Why do I feel like I have to go along and protect him?

Katsuki roughly shoved things in his bag, hardly paying attention to what he was doing, nor his surroundings.

“Katsuki?”

The Alpha whipped around at the sound of his name.

“Eijiro! What are you doing here?”

“I thought I heard people talking outside, so I came to check!”

“Well go back to sleep, this doesn’t concern you!”

“It does too. Where are you going?”

“No where.”

“I can see you packing a bag.”

Katsuki groaned. Kirishima was the one person he could never lie to. They’d secretly been friends ever since Katsuki was a child.

“Fine, I’ll tell you, but you can’t freak out and overreact like you always do.”

Eijiro glared at him and for a second the blonde contemplated whether this was a good idea or not.

“I’m going to find a cure to this...this disease.”

“Nice try. Where are you actually going?”

“I’m not joking Eijiro.”

“What are you thinking Katsuki? You don’t even know what you’re dealing with.”

“What am I thinking? I’m thinking my people are dying. I feel helpless against this plague plowing its way through my tribe, and I’m not doing anything to stop it.”

“Fuck Katsuki. No one knows what this is, not even the mage that came to visit us. How do you expect to be able to do anything against it?”

“All I know is that I have to try my best, and right now, this is the only thing I can think of doing.”

“This isn’t a good idea. Have you even thought this through?”

“No, not really, but it’s the only thing that might work, so I have to try it.”

“Well, at least let me come with you.”

“No, you have to stay here and protect the tribe. I don’t know how long this is gonna to take me.”

“You can’t go by yourself, it’s too dangerous.”

“I’m not going alone.”

“You aren’t?”

The blonde dropped his voice to barely a whisper.

“No, I’m following the mage.”

“The Deer who’s been coming here? That mage?”

“Do you know another one shitty hair?”

“No it’s just, I never took you as a person who would interact with someone like that.”

“He’s...different, okay?”

“What do you mean ‘different’?”

“I don’t know how to explain it.”

“Well you’re sure as hell going to try, because there’s no way I’m ever letting you go out there with next to no protection.”

“I don’t need fucking protection.”

“Katsuki.”

“What do you want from me Eijiro. You aren’t my mother. What do you think gives you the right to tell me what I can and can’t do.”

“I...I just know this isn’t the right thing to put yourself through.”

“What are you even talking about anymore?”

“I’ve known you for 16 years. I don’t think you would just run off with any normal person. Why is this guy special?”

“As I’ve said, he’s not special, just different.”

“You can’t do this Katsuki. You’re a Wolf and he’s a Deer. What would happen if you got caught together?”

“Nothing, because I don’t feel like that towards him. There is nothing between us. He’s just a stupid, tiny, Omega Deer and that’s all.”

“Wait he’s an Omega?!”

“Fuck, Eijiro, be quiet!”

“Man, this isn’t a good idea. You shouldn’t go with him.”

“Have you not read the prophecy?”

“...I have.”

“Then you know what they’re going to do to me.”

“Don’t try to change the subject now. You’ve always said it’s for the sake of the tribe.”

“I used to say that, before my outlook on life changed.”

“What so you’re just going to go galavanting with some Omega from another tribe we’re forbidden to be with just so you can escape your fate and be happy?”

“Are you telling me to kill myself so everyone else can survive?”

“No, that’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is don’t rush into things that aren’t going to be beneficial to you in the long run.”

“I...I don’t know if this is what I should do, but it’s the only thing I can do. I don’t have much time left. This isn’t an opportunity that just shows it’s face any fucking moment. I have to take this Eijiro.”

“You really don’t. Just go tell the mage to go off on his own, let him do his thing.”

“I can’t do that Eijiro.”

“Well I can’t let you go with him.”

“And how do you think you’re going to stop me?”

Immediately as if a train had hit him, Katsuki’s whole body went slack.

“Fuck...f-f…”

“Sorry Katsuki, I had to do this.”

Thankfully, Katsuki’s tolerance to pheromones had built up throughout the years, but not enough for the Alpha to be able to resist them immediately. Eijiro used this to his advantage, pushing Katsuki into the floor.

“E-Ei...fuck you.”

Katsuki shook his head and overcame the fog clouding his mind. He flipped the two of them, forcing Eijiro to the ground and pinned the redhead's hands above his head.

I am the Alpha here, don’t forget your place.”

Eijiro snarled up at the blonde.

“I am the second in command, an Alpha just like you.”

Katsuki pushing him further into the tatami mats now straddling his waist.

“I am the chief warrior, and you know not to mess with me. I could make you life a living hell.”

He bared his teeth and growled down at the slightly smaller Alpha below him. The two maintained dangerous eye contact before Eijiro broke away. Katsuki, thinking the redhead had finally given up, loosened his grip slightly, before getting flipped onto the ground himself.

“I’m not letting you go Katsuki.”

“You don’t have a say in the matter. What the fuck has gotten into you?”

“He’s bad news. You shouldn’t leave with him.”

“Who, the Omega?”

“Yes the Omega! Who else would I be talking about?”

“I don’t know but where I go and who I go with is up to me and no one else.”

“I-”

Katsuki didn’t give the other Alpha another chance to speak before he knocked him out cold.

“Sorry Eijiro.”

He leaned down and touched his forehead to his best friend’s and then Katsuki left. He didn’t look back for fear of changing his mind. Katsuki liked to seem like someone decisive and a strong leader, when in actuality more than half the time he had no idea what he was doing. He was just as human as the rest of the tribe, yet unrealistic expectations were placed on him. He couldn’t voice his fears, concerns or worries, but that didn’t mean he didn’t have them. Sighing deeply he scratched his head as he walked out of the entrance to the Wolf tribe. Bumping into something he jumped a little before finding Izuku right where he’d left him.

“There you are! You took so long I didn’t think you were coming back.”

“Yeah, yeah well I’m here now so let’s get going.”


Anxiety filled every pore on Izuku’s body. It flowed through his veins and clouded his mind. Over the horizon he could see dawn just breaking. Soon his tribe would find out he was missing. There was no going back now. Had he really made the right choice leaving? And letting Katsuki come with him?

“You know it’s not too late for you to go back. Aren’t you the lead warrior? What are they going to do without you?”

“They’ll figure it out. Eijiro is my second in command, he’ll probably take over.”

“Aren’t you going to be cast out? I mean, technically you are leaving your tribe.”

“They’ll understand. I’m doing this for them.”

“Still, I don’t know if this is the best thing-”

“Would you fucking shut up! I can’t stand your persistent bitching! I’ve made this choice on my own, so quit trying to stop me!”

“Okay...sorry.”

The Omega knew there was something else Katsuki wasn’t telling him, but the blonde obviously didn’t want to be pushed, so Izuku wisely dropped it. They walked for a while in silence until the sun was almost fully over the horizon. Light had begun to spill over the forest, basking it in sunshine. It was a sight Izuku was never bored of seeing, no matter how many times he’d experienced it.

“Pass me the dark green ones.”

Izuku rifled through the bowheads until he came upon the green ones Katsuki had asked him for.

“The other green dumbass.”

“Right, sorry.”

The Omega handed him the right one, and lay on his side. After watching the blonde accidentally cut himself twice, he decided to speak up.

“Listen Katsuki, we’ve been walking for the whole day, I think it’s safe to say we’re both more than a little tired. Maybe we should just go to bed.”

“Fuck off you’re not my mom.”

“Okay, I’m sorry. Carry on.”

“Make yourself useful for fuck’s sake. Pass me the light blue one.”

The greenette sighed and sat up, once again looking through the basket to find the one Katsuki needed.

“Shithead if you can’t get me the one I need just bring the basket to me and I’ll do it myself.”

“You don’t need to shout and me, I’m only human you know, we all make mistakes.”

“Are you so fucking dumb you can’t even tell colours apart?”

“No, I can’t. Every time I use my magic the shade of colours dull more and more. So go ahead, do it yourself, see if I care. I’m going to sleep.”

Izuku twirled around and plopped himself down, as close to the fire as he could get. Huddling into himself, he tried to maintain heat as much as possible. He didn’t realize he’d been releasing pheromones until a sweet scent hit his nose.

“Why are you giving off calming pheromones?”

“It’s not my fault dickhead, you’re the one who started it first.”

“Yeah well I didn’t want- achoo!”

“Are you cold?”

“Like you care.”

Silence filled the air for a few minutes.

“Sorry I snapped at you.”

When Katsuki didn’t reply, Izuku sat up to see the blonde fast asleep. Before he knew what he was doing he crawled over to the Wolf and huddled close, pressing his face into the lean yet muscular chest. The Alpha grunted in his sleep before wrapping his arms around the Omega’s waist, bringing him closer. Izuku was so tired he didn’t care. Instead he sighed and closed his eyes, relishing in the warmth and smell the blonde’s body gave him.

Izuku yawned as his eyelids fluttered open, the bright light shining through the foliage. He immediately tensed, feeling the solid, warm body underneath him. He shot up, almost falling over in the process. The person, who he now recognised to be Katsuki, groaned and sat up slowly, rubbing his eyes.

“What the fuck…”

“I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to I guess I was just so tired I feel asleep without realising it and I know that wasn’t okay and-”

“Can you shut the fuck up.”

As the Alpha stood up and stretched, Izuku couldn’t help but notice how the fabric tightened around the outline of the blonde’s muscles; in and out of each dip. Quickly shaking his head he looked away as a slight blush dusted his freckle covered cheeks but not before he mentally saved the image.

“I think we should be heading out I-”

Suddenly, they both heard a rustling in the bushes and whipped their heads around.

“What was that?”

Notes:

this is notes not freaking messages why r we doing this - her
i mean youre the one who says freaking who does that in this day and age anymore you weak ass bitch
...shut up - her
thats your come back to everything
u know i'm not smart so idk what ur expecting lol - her
i mean youre the one who always calls me an idiot so (refer to earlier on in the conversation)
just bc I am one as well doesn't mean ur not - her
- part 2

Chapter 5: Wolf In The Deer

Summary:

izuku and katsuki get to know each other better in more ways than one

Notes:

WARNING: this chapter contains sex
for this reason im upping the rating to e
if you dont want to read it but still like the story, please skip the part in between dashed lines
other than that, please enjoy~
i am terrible at writing smut, so ignore my amateur skills 。゚(TヮT)゚。

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku cowered behind the Alpha, praying to the gods that it wasn’t someone from another tribe. The few seconds that ensued filled the air with silence and tension. Izuku covered his mouth with the back of his hand, trying to block out any noises that might make it past his lips. Then, something moved, and Izuku held his breath as he examined the ground before him.

“It’s just a fucking snake stop gripping my shoulders so damn hard.”

The Omega breathed out, relaxing slightly at the knowledge that it wasn’t another human. They were safe, for now.

“Sorry.”

Izuku released his hold on the blonde and started to walk back to their little camp.

“Hand me my knife, I’m gonna to kill it.”

Izuku bent down, picking up the pieces from last night.

“Is that really necessary? Can’t you just leave it alone?”

“Never mind, I’ve got one.”

“Katsuki I don’t think-”

Before the Omega could say any more, he fell backwards in shock.

“STOP KACCHAN!”

The Alpha froze, and Izuku slowly stood up, making his way over to the blonde and the snake. Squinting, he faintly recognised white and yellow on the otherwise black body.

“Katsuki, slowly walk backwards. That’s a Dentronatilae, a poisonous snake. One touch and your organs will slowly start shutting down before you eventually die.”

“Fucking hell. Okay, stand back, I’m going to shoot it.”

“Did you not hear anything I just said?!”

“Yeah I did, but how exactly do you expect to carry on around here with that thing lurking behind us?”

“Just...give me a second.”

Izuku knew this wasn’t a good idea. Killing a poisonous animal took a lot of his magic, and the two of the couldn’t risk losing time. However, he didn’t have much of a choice; he’d just have to hope for the best. Gathering the leaves he had in his bag, he chewed and swallowed them before kneeling down on the ground by Katsuki’s feet.

“Watch my back, okay?”

“What are you going to do?”

The Omega ignored the question and took a deep breath, preparing and focusing his mind. He held his hands out and muttered a sequence of chants before he felt the light leave his body. The faint smell of smoke hit his nose and he lifted an eye to see a burned spot where the snake once was. He stood up, pleased with himself before collapsing into the warrior’s arms.

When Izuku awoke, he felt the rise and fall of someone walking along with the crunch of their boots. His immediate thought was to freak out; he’s been kidnapped. He and Katsuki had been found, and he was now going to be sacrificed. However, upon further investigation, he recognised the smell of the person carrying him. It was the same smell that surrounded him as he fell asleep last night.

Opening his eyes fully, he noticed the spiky blonde hair and strong muscular arms that surrounded him. Releasing a shaky breath he realised it was Katsuki carrying him, not some strange kidnapper. Coughing slightly to announce his presence, he blushed at the feeling of the Alpha’s hands around his- no! He couldn’t think like that. His thoughts were interrupted as the blonde came to a stop, gently lowering the Omega to the ground.

“Fucking finally.”

“Sorry did I pass out?”

“Yeah.”

“For how long?”

“Well, by the time I’d finished packing up the camp it was already midday and the sun’s setting now, so I’d say a good 7- 8 hours.”

“Shit.”

“Yeah, you were heavy.”

“Hey!”

“What, you try carrying another human on your back for 8 hours as well as the huge ass bag they decided to bring along.”

“In my defence I didn’t know if I’d need anything in there, I mean what if one of us gets sick or injured-”

“Yeah, yeah, just carry your fucking bag and move your ass along.”

“Right.”

The two walked for another few hours until the sky had turned pitch black and stars were shining.

“Katsuki, can we stop for the night? I’m really tired.”

You’re fucking complaining?”

You’re not the one who used magic!”

You’re not the one who had to carry a whole ass person!”

“So you’re tired too?”

“Fuck yes!”

“Then why are you arguing about taking a break?”

“Fuck off.”

Izuku watched as Katsuki strayed off the path to find a clearing where they could stay the night. The Omega followed, his mind wandering to the feeling of falling asleep on Katsuki the night before. Shaking his head, he ducked underneath a tree to find the blonde already laying out some leaves on the ground.

“Are you just going to stand there like an idiot or are you going to fucking help me?”

“Right, sorry!”

The Omega quickly put his bag down and started gathering wood they could use for the fire. When he’d collected a decent pile, he fired a spark of magic and branches and twigs burst into flames.

“Do you really think it’s a good idea to be using that seeming as you fucking fainted earlier?”

“Oh! It’s fine for something as small as this.”

“Didn’t you say colours dull every time you use it or some shit like that?”

“Well yes, but it’s not that bad.”

“You shouldn’t put yourself in danger.”

“Losing colours isn’t exactly going to kill me.”

“You don’t know that. It could have some long term effect on you and you wouldn’t know shit.”

Izuku’s heart warmed slightly at the thought of Katsuki worrying for him.

“But it’s not like I give a shit, do whatever the fuck you want.”

Ah there it was, the cold, unforgiving feeling that came with the Alpha Wolf. The two worked in silence, slowly putting together the makeshift camp for the night. When they were finally finished, Izuku breathed out in relief, stretching his muscles.

“What do you want for dinner?”

“We don’t got much, only some leftover rabbit from last night.”

“Well, I could make us some rabbit stew. I just need to go look for some herbs, I’ll be right back.”

The Omega walked deeper into the forest, turning his head sideways as he used his nose to differentiate scents in the darkness of the night. He crouched down, reaching out his hand to pick some wild garlic, just as he was about to pull one out, he suddenly lost his balance, falling face forward into the bushes.

“Ow…”

Sitting back up, he held his head as the world began to spin. The temperature suddenly dropped, then rose to unimaginable heights, causing him to sweat from every pore in his body. He stood up and held onto a tree breathing heavily as water poured into his eyes, obscuring his vision even further than the dark. His scent glands throbbed in time with his heart, fast and hard. He whined as he bent over, clutching his stomach as an impulsive, instinctual feeling grew inside him, slowly consuming each of his senses until he was left with nothing but lust. Staggering further into the woodlands, he didn’t notice the uprooted trees until he had tripped over them and fallen to the ground, unable to get back up.


Katsuki muttered to himself as he went about preparing the meat for their meal. He watched as the Deer got up and walked into the forest. Something inside his head set off warning bells, telling him not to let the Omega go off by himself, but he ignored them. Only once Izuku hadn’t come back for a while did he start to worry.

“The fucking idiot’s probably tripped and knocked himself out.”

Grunting, he stood up and started following the unmistakable scent trail the Omega left. Only part way through did he realise another smell had begun to intertwine with the sweet, cherry blossom flavour that hung around the Omega. Taking a deeper breath, Katsuki instantly recognised the scent. It was from his own tribe. What was a Wolf doing all the way out here? Had they been followed? Had they waited until Izuku was alone? The Alpha’s heart began to beat harder and he felt his legs move on their own until he was sprinting through the forest, running through branches and bushes alike.

His eyes widened, trying to take in as much light as possible in the darkness of the night. As if he’d run into a brick wall, the scent of his Omega was so strong, it caused him to instately halt in his footsteps. Whipping his head around, he looked for the source. Rummaging through the debris from trees that had recently fallen down, he panicked as nothing resembled the small Omega. His ears twitched as he heard a high pitched whine coming from a few meters away. Briskly walking to the sound, he noticed something small curled up on the floor. Squatting down, he rested a hand on the boy’s shoulder, reassuring him that someone was here.

“It’s okay Izuku, I’m here.”

The Deer turned his head, and Katsuki’s body went slack as a new wave of pheromones hit him. He let himself be pushed into the ground and hardly felt it when the greenette straddled his hips. He fought his mind, unable to decide whether to regain consciousness or give in to his instincts. It was made for him when the Omega leaned down, roughly pushing their lips together. Katsuki’s nerves jumped at the sensation, tingling with each movement. He wasn’t sure whether to freeze or move, eventually deciding to do the latter. Threading his hands through the soft, green curls, he realised just how much he’d yearned to feel them. He moved his lips in time with the Omega’s rhythmically, as if it was a practiced movement, long since perfected between them.

He ran his hands up and down the smaller boy’s back, feeling the curve of his spine and enjoyed the shiver in response. When the Omega denied Katsuki entrance, he cupped the boy’s ass, pinching slightly to allow a gasp through parted lips. The blonde took his chance and slipped his tongue inside the warm, delicious cavern, tasting each and every bit. Eventually he let go, panting as a string of saliva trailed after him, followed by a whine from the Deer, choosing now to rub his neck against the Omega’s. Their scents mixed, creating a whole new, delectable smell. Jolts of electricity ran up Katsuki’s back at the contact. He’d scented other Omegas before, but had never experienced pleasure like this.

His Alpha instincts finally took over his entire body, making him abruptly sit up and flip the two of them around until he was pushing the greenette into the forest floor. This caused Izuku to gasp and wince in pain at the contact, but Katsuki didn’t care. He could only focus on the thought of getting his knot inside the Omega, nothing else mattered. The Alpha ripped the smaller boy’s shirt open, feeling the belt come along with it. Next was the Omega’s pants. They were skin tight leggings, definitely not the best fabric for getting off quickly.
Thankfully, the greenette was conscious enough to help Katsuki shimmy out of them. Finally, the Omega was submissively laying underneath the Wolf, presented for the Alpha’s pleasure. His eyes ran down Izuku’s body, from his curly, puffy green hair, over the bone necklaces hanging around his neck, grazing over his chest before finally settling on his dick. It was bigger than he’d expected, but then again he’d never been with a male Omega before. He licked his lips at the thought of devouring the Deer.

Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew this was wrong. He knew he shouldn’t be taking advantage of an Omega in heat, and even more so a Deer. They would both be killed if anyone found out a Deer and Wolf had been together, in any sense of the word. However, once another rush of sweet pheromones came Katsuki’s way, he abandoned any hope of making a rational decision. He was about to take off his own shirt when Izuku beat him to it. The Omega pushed the fabric under his arms and immediately took one of the Alpha’s nipples in his mouth. Katsuki tensed before letting out a grunt of disapproval. He shoved the Deer to the ground, holding the boy’s small wrists above his head before using the deserted belt to tie them together.

“Don’t you dare fucking move again.”

The boy in question whined, wriggling in Katsuki’s grip.

“What did I just say, Omega?”


Izuku panted heavily, his heat getting to him after not being touched for so long. Even just the feeling of Katsuki sitting on his lap was enough to make him cum. He was getting impatient, so he pushed the Alpha’s shirt up and sucked on one of the blonde’s nipples. He instantly knew that was the wrong decision as his wrists were tied above him. Squirming under Katsuki’s grip, he made his want known.

“What did I just say, Omega?”

Chills wracked through Izuku’s body at the deep voice above him. He wanted nothing more than to wrap his hands around the blonde’s neck and drag him down into a deep, hot, wet kiss. Unfortunately, his hands were restricted, so he resorted to hooking his ankles around the Alpha’s waist so he could grind up against him. He didn’t even bother keeping the noises inside, letting out a guttural moan as the friction relieved him ever so slightly. His hips were forced down by two big, heavy hands on either side of his waist.

“One more stunt like that and you’ll get what’s coming.”

Izuku giggled, thoroughly enjoying the Alpha’s tone.

“Mmm…Kacchan~”

The Omega brought his knee up, wedging it in between Katsuki’s. Pushing up, he pressed hard, causing the Alpha’s head to drop and a low, predatorial growl to vibrate through his throat.

“Looks like I need to teach you your place.”

Izuku couldn’t have prepared for what came next. Katsuki’s clothes went flying, and the Deer was being pressed up against a tree, his hands how being tied behind his back instead of above his head. The blonde gave him no warning as he lifted the Omega’s hips and pounded straight into him. Izuku squealed in delight, his Alpha filled him up so quickly. He whimpered after Katsuki didn’t move for a few moments and encouraged the blonde to continue by grinding back on his dick.

“Please, Kacchan...let me go,” Izuku whined.

“No, this is punishment for not listening to your Alpha.”

Please~ I can make you feel so good…”

“I can do that fine on my own. All I need is you to lie there and be the good, submissive Omega that you are.”

Katsuki didn’t give the Deer a chance to respond as he slammed back in, and hard. Slick poured down Izuku’s thighs, soaking into the dirt beneath them.

“Please Kacchan, please let me touch you~”

“Maybe if you beg like a dirty slut I’ll consider it.”

“Please Katsuki...I wanna touch you so bad, I wanna make you feel as good as you’re making me feel.”

The Alpha growled, showing his dominance, but untied Izuku’s hands anyway. The Omega immediately pulled the blonde’s head down, bringing them into a rough, messy kiss. Izuku slipped his tongue in the Alpha’s mouth and almost instantly got pushed out.

“Remember who’s in charge.”

Katsuki bent down, sniffing then tentatively licking Izuku’s scent gland. The Deer whined and turned his head to the side, encouraging the Alpha to keep going. However, Katsuki only licked and nibbled, never fully biting.

“What-”

Izuku was cut off when the Wolf suddenly rolled his hips, hitting something deep inside the Omega. He screamed in ecstasy, white blinding his vision for a few seconds.
“Kacchan!”

He scraped his nails down the blonde’s back, hard enough that marks would show the next day. Katsuki continually hammered into the same spot, abusing the poor boy’s body. And then it was all too much. Izuku keened, tipping over the edge as he spilled out, cumming even with his cock untouched. After a few more snaps of his hips, the Alpha’s knot inflated, locking him into place as he came load after load into the Omega. Izuku took each and every bit of it, clenching around Katsuki’s dick, milking him until there was nothing left.

The Alpha panted, sweat dripping off him and onto the smaller boy.

“Izu...Izuku…”


Katsuki opened his eyes and saw the Omega passed out. Quickly pulling out, he shook the Deer’s shoulders.

“Izuku? Can you hear me?”

He pressed an ear to the greenette’s chest, and breathed out in relief as he heard a heartbeat. The boy probably passed out from pleasure, something Katsuki had only experienced once. His mind felt hazy, and he still couldn’t completely comprehend what had happened. He gathered their clothes and picked up the Omega, heading back to their camp. Dumping their clothes in a pile, he carefully set the Deer down on a bed of leaves, and was about to move when he felt a hand around his wrist. In his sleep, Izuku had subconsciously held onto Katsuki, and wasn’t letting go. The Alpha sighed, relenting as he lay down next to the smaller boy. The Omega snuggled closer to the blonde’s chest, letting out a happy sigh. Katsuki rolled his eyes before resting his cheek on Izuku’s head, pulling the boy in closer. His eyes felt heavy and he knew sleep was coming to claim him. He eventually let it, feeling darkness close in all around him as dreams consumed his thoughts.

Katsuki looked at the boy walking ahead of him. The Omega made his heart race like he’d never felt before. He took a deep breath at the scent still lingering on him from last night. He still couldn’t wrap his head around the Wolf smell that now followed to Omega. He hadn’t smelled it before, so he didn’t understand why it was around him now. Was it because Katuski had...no he noticed it before that. Maybe...no. The boy couldn’t be Wolf, could he?

Notes:

comment what you guys want to see next chapter
im kinda at a loss for what to write about (・_・ヾ

Chapter 6: Who Are You, Izuku Midoriya?

Summary:

katsuki questions the mage he's travelling withs real identity while the two make their way further through the forest

Notes:

yooooo im so tired
its midnight and im posting this cause i really wanted to get an update out
hope yall like it

Chapter Text

Izuku walked down the pathway, light barely making it through the thick canopy, even at midday. He smiled, content with the mileage they’d already made, soaking in the light breeze during the otherwise blisteringly hot day. Looking behind him, he noticed Katsuki had taken his shirt off to cool down, but it only heated the Omega up. Toned muscles twitched ever so slightly with each step, rippling through his body. The Deer quickly looked forward again, his face reddening and his thoughts going wild. Stop it Izuku, he thought, he’s probably got a mate back home, and there’s no way he’d ever be interested in you.

Still, he couldn’t help but feel...different with Katsuki. He’d never taken any fancy to the Alphas back in his tribe, all of them being too showy, loud, and obnoxious. Now don’t get him wrong, the blonde was louder, more brutal, and way more egotistical, yet Izuku seemed to be able to look past all that. Unfortunately, the Alpha hadn’t said a single sentence to him all morning, despite the grunts of approval when the Omega decided to take a turn. Something felt off, both with the taller boy’s behaviour and smell. He almost seemed scared and confused, emotions Izuku didn’t know the wolf was able to show. His eyes were distant, focused on something far away. The Deer almost wanted to ask and make sure he was okay, but knew he would just get a rough, insensitive response, and he didn’t need to piss the Alpha off more than he already was. They finally arrived at a little stream, and Izuku put his heavy bag down, sighing in relief while stretching out his stiff muscles.

“I’m going to rinse off in the stream.”

The Alpha didn’t even recognise he’d heard Izuku, so the Omega just sighed and walked a little further down, stripping his clothes on the way. Dipping a toe in, he winced at the startling temperature before settling his whole foot in. Gradually, he lowered himself deeper in until he was submerged up to his chin. Staring at a far away tree, his mind went back to last night. Something felt off about it, but he couldn’t pinpoint what. He remembered going into the forest to get herbs for their stew, but after that everything was blank. He couldn’t remember eating nor falling asleep. Then he woke up in the morning, and Katuski wasn’t there. After packing up and waiting a while, the Alpha returned with 2 birds for breakfast. They hadn’t talked, and something deep inside Izuku had…changed. He didn’t know what, but something was different.

Shaking his head he brushed it off as his imagination. Stroking up and down his arms, he washed away the sweat and grit from the previous day. He didn’t remember getting so dirty, but then again he was usually scattered with injuries he couldn’t remember getting. Sniffing, he looked around and smelled the familiar ashy smoke that had been around him for the past few days, almost suffocating his lungs. Whipping around, water splashed into the air, and Izuku’s hands flew to his chest.

“What are you doing?!”

“Rinsing off.”

“Can’t you do that somewhere else?”

“Why does it fucking matter where I rinse off?”

“Well for one you’re invading something called privacy?”

“"S not like I haven’t seen you naked.”

“W-what are you talking about?!”

“Don’t pretend like you don’t remember what happened last night.”

“Last night...?”

“How much of an idiot are you?”

“Hey! I remember going into the woods to fetch the herbs, but after that everything is a blur.”

“Are you fucking serious?”

“Yes.”

“So you don’t remember anything that happened afterwards?”

“No.”

Katsuki took a deep breath, disappearing from sight as he went underwater. When the Alpha didn’t come up for a few minutes, Izuku began to worry.

“Katsuki? Katsuki are you okay?”

The water was a little murky, so he couldn’t completely make out where the wolf had gone. Two more minutes passed and by now Izuku was full on panicking. He splashed around in the water, trying to find the location of the blonde.

“Katsuki! Where are you?!”

Finally, he emerged.

“Whoo that’s cold!”

Izuku whirled around, facing Katsuki. Big, fat tears rolled down his cheeks, splattering onto the water’s surface.

“Hey! What’s wrong?”

“Y-You jerk!”

Izuku repeatedly hammered his fists on the Alpha’s chest.

“You scared me so much...I thought you were dead!”

“I just went underwater for a fucking second.”

“It was more than a second!”

Izuku sniffed, and turned around, making his way back to the bank.

“Where are you going?”

“Away from you.”

“Fine, like I fucking care.”

And that’s exactly it. Izuku knew the blonde didn’t care, no matter what he felt Katsuki never seemed to understand.

“Stupid Alphas.”


Did Izuku really not remember last night? Maybe he was so far gone he didn’t know what was going on. Maybe his heat took over his mind. The Alpha didn’t know. What he did notice, however, was the distinct smell of wolf on the Omega as they brushed shoulders. Even after just washing off, there was no mistaking the scent of his tribe. He’d been thinking about it all day long and had come to only one possible conclusion. Izuku was mixed blood. Half Deer, half Wolf. How it happened, Katsuki didn’t know. He hadn’t heard of any Wolves who had broken the rule in the last 100 years. It must’ve been a secretive relationship. The blonde had tried to figure out who the mother - or father - had been from his tribe, only to discover he didn’t know how old Izuku was.

Shaking his head, he decided to straight up ask the boy about it. Walking up to the bank, he grabbed his clothes before heading down the path to where they’d left their stuff. Coming around a tree, he stopped in his tracks at the sight. Golden light shone down on a slightly toned back, freckles covering every inch of skin. The boy had no idea Katsuki was there, humming to himself as he shook his wet hair out before grabbing his shirt. Wrapping it around his waist and over his shoulders, the Omega had begun to sing out loud. It was...alluring. That was the only word that came to Katsuki’s mind. The boy’s voice was like a sweet melody, flowing through the air, falling out like velvet. It was in a language Katsuki didn’t understand, but each word sounded like the most beautiful thing in the world.

Omega kaa ai. Omega kaa forna. Usen da lai. Issi tuneca da lai.”

The Omega began to sway from side to side before out right dancing. His hands twirled around each other and his feet made circles in the dirt. Katsuki snapped out of his trance and sneakily made his way over to the Deer. When he turned around, the blonde took his chance and slipped one hand around Izuku’s waist and one in his hand.

“Eep!”

Taking the lead, Katsuki started singing a song of his own, seeming as Izuku had stopped.

“When you look up at the stars, open your eyes wide and take it all in, my son.”

“When you look up at the sun, close your eyes tight and relish in it, my son.”

He spun Izuku around, slowly dancing with him until the end of the song.

“What’s that song?”

Katsuki was startled by the Omega’s question.

“It was a lullaby my-”

Katsuki cleared his throat.

“Someone used to sing to me. It was a lullaby someone used to sing to me.”

“It’s beautiful. Sing it again?”

“No fucking way.”

Letting go of the Deer’s hand, he stepped away. This was bad. He shouldn’t have done that. He couldn’t get attached to this boy. It was exactly as Eijirou had said, they were from different tribes, it could never happen. Unless…

“What tribe are you from.”

Blunt and to the point, just like Kastuki had always been.

“What are you talking about? Deer, of course.”

“Then why do you smell like Wolf?”

“What are you going on about?”

“You. You smell like Wolf.”

“No I don’t!”

“Are you trying to tell me that I can’t fucking recognise my own tribe’s scent?”

“No! I just think it’s a mistake. It’s probably because I spent so much time recently at the Wolf tribe, and now I’ve been around you.”

Oh. Katsuki hadn’t even thought of the possibility of his scent rubbing off on the Omega. Especially considering they’d slept together more than once over the past few days.

“Tch. Whatever.”

There was still a strange feeling in Katsuki’s chest, but he decided to ignore it.

“We should get going, if you still wanna make more progress before nightfall.”

“Y-Yeah!”

Picking up his bag, Katsuki started walking ahead, not looking back to see if the Omega was following him. He needed to collect his thoughts, and the best way to do that would be to look in front, so he couldn’t stare at the back of the boy his heart so stupidly desired. Not that he would ever admit it, because he couldn’t have him.


Sweat dripped down Izuku’s forehead, falling onto the soft floor, silent in the noisy forest. He looked up and saw Katsuki at least 40 metres in front of him. They hadn't spoken since the river, and, despite the blistering heat, a chill couldn’t help but make it’s way up Izuku’s spine, raising the hairs along the way when he thought back to last night. Something about it just wasn’t right. He wanted to ask Katsuki about it, but was too scared of the response he’d get. The way the Wolf was acting made it seem like something terrible had happened, but the Omega was sure if it had he a would've noticed, or the blonde would’ve told him. At least that’s what he kept telling himself. So when the Alpha suddenly stopped and Izuku was too buried in his thoughts to notice, they collided, almost causing the Omega to be knocked backwards.

“What-”

“Shhh!”

Izuku frowned, not particularly happy with how Katsuki was treating him. He was about to vocalise his thoughts when he heard something in the far distance. The shuffling of leaves, completely missable unless both ears were looking for it. The Deer’s heart rate immediately picked up, thumping against his rib cage so loud he was certain everyone in the radius of 5 miles could hear it. He kept telling himself he was being stupid, the noise could easily be an animal. But the way Katsuki was standing and the aura felt completely wrong. Something wasn’t right. The two of them slowly inched forwards, keeping to the line of trees and bushes.

Thankfully, the were downwind of whatever was making their noise, keeping their location safe. Izuku wanted to ask what the Alpha could smell but didn’t want to alert anyone of their presence. They ducked behind a tree crawling low until they were only 100 metres from the source of disturbance. No birds were chirping in the trees. No mice were scuttling on the forest ground. It was absolutely silent. And then the stench hit him, knocking him backwards. Slapping a hand to his mouth and nose, Izuku tried his best not to make any noise of disgust. He looked ahead at Katsuki and noticed the Wolf’s face was shrivelled up with distaste. If Izuku was smelling this, he could only imagine how powerful it was for the Alpha.

Peering to the side, the Omega tried to catch a glimpse of what was making such a disgusting smell and almost collapsed to the ground. Everything was dead. The grass, the trees, and...were those animals or humans? They were so mangled Izuku couldn't tell anymore. There was blood everywhere, splattered on leaves, up dead tree trunks. Turning his head slightly to the left, Izuku saw a small stream running past the mess. At first glance, he thought the river was tinted red, but upon closer inspection, he realised it was made up solely of blood. Before the Omega could stop himself, he bent over, throwing up the entire content of his stomach. He felt a hand on his back, and he looked over his shoulder to see Katsuki kneeling next to him.

“You okay?”

What happened?’ was what Izuku had wanted to ask, but the words wouldn’t form.

“Come on, let’s get out of here.”

He wanted to get up, he really did, but his legs weren’t working. He was shaking far too much to balance stably. Instead, he collapsed, hands on the ground. He wanted to throw up again, but there wasn’t anything left.

“I’m going to pick you up, okay?”

He managed to nod his head ever so slightly, letting the Alpha know he was ready. What he wasn’t prepared for was the blonde scooping his up in his arms. He thought Katsuki was going to make him get on his back, but this was much more up close and personal. Despite the situation, he couldn’t help a small blush run across his cheeks, making his ears tint pink. Resting his head on the Alpha’s solid chest, he tried to take deep breaths, but the stench was far too intoxicating. The crunch of dead leaves under heavy feet was the only sound ringing through the forest. Soon enough, the air became clearer and Izuku let out the breath he didn’t know he’d been holding. His lungs burned and the Omega gulped down breaths, unable to get the oxygen in his body fast enough. He felt faint, like he was going to pass out any second. Labouring breaths heaved above him, and he looked up to see Katsuki sweating, flushed and exhausted. Was he that heavy?

“You can put me down now.”

He finally found his breath, alerting the Alpha instantly.

“It’s okay.”

“Just, please put me down.”

The blonde’s eyes locked with his, and he obeyed, gently letting Izuku to his feet all the while keeping a hand on the Omega's lower back while he found his balance.

“You alright?”

“I’m fine.”

“Do you want to stop for today and find somewhere to camp or?”

“No, I want to get as far away from that place as possible.”

“Okay.”

Katsuki started walking forward, but Izuku pulled his back by his wrist.

“Is...Is it o-okay if I hold…”

The Alpha softly smiled down at him, intertwining his fingers with Izuku’s. As the two walked further down the path they’d made, the Omega couldn’t stop thinking about the scene they’d just witnessed. It plagued his thoughts rendering him unable to escape. The only thing keeping him stable was the big, warm, solid hand encompassing his own. It was much rougher than he’d first anticipated, but that was probably from years of weilding a sword and bow. Nonetheless, Izuku loved it. He never wanted to let go. Unfortunately, the sun was beginning to set which meant they’d have to find a clearing to stay the night.

Walking through the trees, they came upon something the Omega could only describe as paradise. There was a big, flat, open grassy area with a small stream cutting through it. A mini waterfall flowed over a huge set of boulders. Flowers bloomed everywhere, peaking in mid summer. It immediately caused the Deer to forget about his troubles. This was the most beautiful place he’d ever been. Even with his range of colours fading, everything looked luminous, bright in the dimming sunshine. He set down his bag and instantly jumped into the tiny river. He splashed with the fish, smile beaming on his face. For the first time in his life, he felt free. He wasn’t trapped by rules and traditions. He could do whatever he wanted, and no one could stop him. He could be who he was and no one would judge him. He finally understood what the word happy meant.

Yes, his mother was no longer with him, and that was something he’d never fully get over, but he had to move on, if not for his own, for her sake. He knew she wouldn't want him to get stuck in the past. And now? He was with someone who for the first time, he truly loved being around. He was looking for the cure to the disease that plagued his land. He was going to save everyone. He was going to be the hero.

“Kacchan you have to feel the water! It’s amazing!”

The Alpha’s ears twitched at the nickname he’d heard a few times now. Walking over to where the Omega was standing, he cocked his head.

“What did you call me?”

The boy’s face immediately burst red, and his eyes widened, looking anywhere but at Katsuki.

“N-Nothing! I called you Katsuki, like always!”

“No you didn’t. You called me ‘Kacchan’.”

He could see the Deer squirm, clearly embarrassed. It pleased the blonde to no end.

“S-Sorry, I guess it just slipped out.”

“Say it again.”

“N-No!”

“Come on!”

The name barely came out as a whisper, but it was loud enough for Katsuki to hear. He smirked.

“I like it.”

“Y-You do?”

The Omega looked up at him, mouth hung open slightly.

“Yeah.”

“O-Okay…”

Silence rung in both their ears, awkwardness heavy in the air. Knowing just how to break it, he quickly grabbed both the Deer’s wrists and brought him closer.

“K-Kacchan?!”

“Just trust me, okay?”

Izuku looked up to the Alpha, and felt his heart twinge.

“Put your hand here, keep your spine straight and your chin up; don’t look down. Follow my lead.”

The Omega hurriedly stepped forward and back, being pulled along by Katsuki. Water splashed all around him, soaking into their clothes.

“You’re so clumsy.”

“S-Sorry.”

The sun had well set by now, leaving the moon and stars to shine. The two danced underneath the night sky, and slowly Izuku began to feel more comfortable.

“That’s it. You’re getting the hang of it.”

“Haha, I’m just being pulled around by you.”

“Still, not bad.”

The Omega rested his head on Katsuki’s chest, smiling as he felt the Alpha’s heartbeat. The two were transported into a world of their own. A world where the disease didn’t exist. A world where they didn’t have to think about the horrible things they’d seen. A world where people from different tribes could be together. A world where Omegas were accepted just as the other secondary genders were. A world where everything was at peace and no one was against them. That was all stripped away when a scream rang through the air.

Chapter 7: The Truth

Summary:

after investigating the source of the sound, katsuki spills the truth to izuku who takes it rather harshly

Notes:

sorry for the long wait !!
schools back and ugh its time consuming
im aiming to get at least one chapter out a month now until the story ends
anyways happy reading (´∀`)♡

Chapter Text

Both of them froze, breath held and eyes wide open. Where did the noise come from? The left or the right? Katsuki didn’t know. He needed to take a deep breath and calm down, which is exactly what he did. As he exhaled, he felt his ears twitch. Something was coming his way. Quickly grabbing the back of Izuku’s tunic, he pulled them out the water. Running up the slope he scooped up their things before hiding in a bush.

“Kacch-”

The blonde slapped a hand over the Omega’s mouth, narrowing his eyes as he intently watched the spot where he’d heard the noise come from. After sitting for only a few minutes, someone emerged. His clothes were torn and blood stained, hanging off his body. He could feel Izuku shivering underneath him, obviously scared out of his mind. Lowering them further behind the bush, he waited to see what the stranger would do.

Taking a slow breath in, the man’s scent was overpowered by the stench of blood and kill. Katsuki couldn’t decipher which tribe he belonged to. With the whip of his head, the man turned around, staring directly through Katsuki. The blonde froze, his heart hammering in his chest. Slow, steady crunches of the ground beneath his feet, the unidentifiable person crept forward. Katsuki braced his legs holding tight to Izuku, ready to bolt any second.

“Hey Hitoshi! Where’d you wander off to?”

The man who now had a name squinted before turning towards the voice.

“Over here you dumbass. Don’t be so fucking loud.”

A blonde man stumbled through the thickets, a stupid grin plastered on his face.

“Nice job back there, you did well.”

“I don’t need your praise.”

“Geez, no need to be harsh!”

Katsuki watched the two interact from the shadows. He knew now was the time to escape while the men were distracted, but something was making him stay. They look achingly familiar, but the Alpha couldn’t place them. A squirm from underneath him brought his attention to the Omega. Dried tears stained his freckled cheeks and suddenly as the adrenaline wore off slightly, the pungent scent of an Omega in distress hit him square in the nose. Sweat beaded Katsuki’s forehead. He knew soon enough the smell would waft to the intruders. In a quick, split second decision he leaned down and rubbed his cheek against Izuku’s neck, scenting him while releasing the smallest amount of calming pheromones he could manage. The Deer stilled, and Katsuki let out the breath he didn’t realise he’d been holding.

Directing his attention back to the men, his eyes widened at the sight. The two were furiously making out, sun beating down on them. Diverting his gaze, he slowly shuffled backwards, bringing the Omega with him. They were almost fully enveloped in the forest when a crack sounded. Looking next to him he saw Izuku frozen in fear. Eyes fully blown and mouth slightly agape, gaze fixed on something underneath his foot. A twig.

“Did you hear that?”

“Probably just an animal. Who gives a fuck.”

“Denki get off me, I’m going to check it out.”

Katsuki’s instincts screamed at him to run, to get out of there before the people found him, but his feet were rooted to the spot.

“Come on Hitoshiiiii.”

“Don’t forget the mission we were sent on Denki. We can’t fuck around here.”

“Fine, but I’m telling you it’s nothing.”

Mission? Katsuki’s mind ran a thousand miles a minute, eyes darting from side to side, trying to find a safe hiding place. Pulling the greenette with him, he dove into a nearby bramble bush. He watched as the purple haired man looked around the spot they’d been standing mere seconds ago.

“Find anything?”

The blonde had followed the other, standing beside him.

“No.”

“See what’d I tell you, you always-”

Suddenly, golden eyes locked onto Katsuki’s and the Alpha’s heart sunk.

“Do you smell that?”

“Smell what?”

“Alpha and...Omega?”

“Denki what the fuck are you talking about I can’t smell anything.”

“Shut up Hitoshi. I smell Wolf. Alpha Wolf.”

“Don’t fuck around with me.”

“I’m not. He was here, recently, I’m sure of it.”

“Shit.”

“You look around the right, I’ll take the left.”

They’re looking for me?!

Denki stalked dangerously close to their hiding place and in that instant Katsuki knew what he had to do.

“Izuku, run.”

Leaping out of their hiding place, he stumbled straight into the stranger. Tackling him onto the ground he clenched his fist and swung it as hard as he could at the man’s head, knocking him unconscious. He was about to turn around and check on Izuku when someone grabbed him from behind, holding tight to his throat. Katsuki clawed at the man’s arms, digging his fingernails deep into his flesh. Heat flushed his face and his lungs clenched, fighting for air. Just as he was about to pass out, he was released, crumbling to the floor. Sucking in harshly, he tried to regain his breath. Coughing and spluttering he looked behind him to find Izuku with his hands on either side of Hitoshi’s head. Green swirls wove through the air, creating delicate patterns. The man’s gaze was distant, focused on something far away. Izuku’s fingers flitted around once more before retracting, and Hitoshi slumped to the ground, Izuku following soon after. Jumping up, Katsuki cradled the unconscious Omega close to him, slowly picking him up.

“Let’s get out of here.”


Izuku rubbed his eyes and sat up, morning light shining through the leaves of the trees. His heart sank as he realised they weren’t as green as they were yesterday.

“Hey, you’re up.”

Izuku’s head turned to the side and he watched Katsuki move towards him. A rough, calloused hand rested on the Omega’s forehead, warm and comforting.

“No temperature, thank Ares.”

“Wha...What happened?”

“I’m not sure. I think those men...I think they were from the Raven tribe. They live on the top of the hill, allies to the Wolves.”

“What were they doing out here?”

“Looking for me.”

“What?”

“Fucking hell. I didn’t know they’d make progress so quickly.”

“Wait you knew someone was coming after you?”

“Not specifically, but it was inevitable that someone was going to come looking for me.”

“What do we do now?”

“That’s your call to make, mage. You’re the one who knows where we’re headed. I took us as far north as I could, zigzagging through the trees to try to lose them. I think it worked, but we’d better start walking soon to cover as much ground as possible.”

“But what if they find us again? What if someone else is looking for you, for me?”

“We’ll deal with that problem when it presents itself. I ain’t no fucking magician, I can’t see into the future.”

“I know but-”

“Let’s get going.”

Izuku knew something was wrong with Kacchan, but he kept his worries to himself. Following behind the Alpha, he watched the ground pass beneath his feet.

“Listen if you’ve got something to say fucking spit it out. I’m tired of listening to your muttering.”

“S-Sorry!”

Silence stretched between them, the only thing filling it was the chirp of birdsong.

“Well, ya gonna tell me or not?”

“Umm…”

Izuku didn’t know exactly how to ask the question that’d been on his mind the past few days.

“What exactly happened that night in the woods?”

“Come again?”

“I can’t remember it at all, no matter how hard I keep trying. It’s all just a haze and I feel like you’ve been treating me differently ever since.”

The Alpha didn't respond, and Izuku internally cursed himself. Why’d he have to go and ruin a good thing?

“Are you full Deer?”

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me. Are you full Deer? What tribes were your parents from?”

“Well, my mother was Deer and so was my father...not that I ever knew him. He died when I was a pup.”

“Is it possible he wasn’t?”

“Sorry, I don’t follow.”

“I said is it possible he wasn’t a fucking Deer?”

Kacchan had stopped walking, Izuku only realising after he crashed into the blonde’s strong, muscular back. Izuku’s heart stopped, mind wandering to the dream he had so long ago. He hadn’t thought back on it since, assuming it was just a figment of his imagination.

“Well?” the Alpha spat.

“I...I don’t know.”

“I do. You fucking stink of Wolf.”

“W-Wolf?”

“Tch. You really are stupid.”

It wasn’t true. He wasn’t Wolf. He was Deer. He had been his whole life. He-

“Oi careful!”

Izuku’s knees buckled and the floor came racing towards. A warm, solid mass quickly slipped around his waist, keeping him up and bringing him closer.

“It can’t be true, can it?”

The Omega’s eyes searched Kacchan’s crimson red eyes, searching for the truth bundled together in a sea of what had to be lies.

“The night...the night you went into the woods by yourself, I followed you. I smelled Wolf and thought someone from my tribe had found you, but when I got there you were lying on the floor. The smell was coming from you, plain as day. I thought my mind was fuckin’ with me, but even now I can still smell it on you.”

Shock was evident on the boy’s face, as if he couldn’t believe it just as much as Izuku.

“That’s...fuck that’s not all. The reason you can’t remember that night is because...you went into heat.”

“W-What?”

“I found you lying on the floor and you were whining and shit, calling out for me and I didn’t realise what I was doing until-”

Izuku leapt out of Kacchan’s grip, stumbling back as he tried to put as much space between them as humanly possible.

“Did...did you?”

“I didn’t want to. My fuckin’ instincts took over and before I knew it-”

“You...you...get away from me.”

Iuzku’s gaze hardened as he stared at the Alpha.

“The fuck?”

“I said get away from me! Go back to your tribe. I don’t want you around any more.”

“You’re making a stupid mistake, Omega.”

“O-Omega?”

“Shit I-”

Kacchan reached out, placing a soft hand on Izuku’s shoulder but he instantly pushed it away.

“Don’t touch me!”

“I’m-”

“Save it. I don’t want to hear it. I’m leaving, and don’t follow me.”

Izuku was fuming. He trudged through the forest, away from the blonde Alpha standing there, mouth open, arm still outstretched. Fuck him. As Katsuki slowly shrunk into the distance, Izuku’s steps slowed, and his head raised to the sky. Did I overreact? Should I go back? No, he took that away from me. He...fuck. Oh no. Holy shit. Did he...did he breed me? No he wouldn’t have. He- By now Izuku had come to a stand still, tears rolling down his face. No. It might’ve not worked. I don’t feel any different, and maybe...maybe he was lying. Shaking his head, Izuku wiped the tears from his cheeks. I have to get going. I have a mission to complete, and time is running short.

Izuku had been walking for so long he no longer knew how many moons had passed. The tread on the bottom of his boots had started to wear thin and the leaves had started to turn, some even beginning to fall. Autumn was fresh in the air, leaving a cold nip in the wind. Sniffing, Izuku leaned backwards as he stretched out his back, placing a hand on his slightly swollen stomach. His legs hurt from the long hike up the mountain yesterday and he wanted nothing more than to sit down, but he had progress to make. Smiling down at his stomach, he started singing.

“When you look up at the stars, open your eyes wide and take it all in, my son. When you look up at the sun, close your eyes tight and relish in it, my son.”

When Izuku’s suspicions were confirmed, if not by the morning sickness then by his slowly growing stomach, he immediately wracked his brain to try to remember any potions to get rid of it. At one point he even considered using his magic. But every time the inner Omega that had been dormant inside him leapt out. He couldn’t get rid of it, it was his pup. His and Kacchan's. Thinking of the Alpha made his heart pang in sorrow. Every day he regretted pushing the blonde away. He even walked back and tried to find him, to no avail. He now knew he’d overreacted. It wasn’t totally Kacchan’s fault, it was Izuku who went into heat after all. He didn’t know much about secondary genders, having rejected his his whole life, but he knew instincts were incredibly hard to control.

Running a hand down his face, Izuku started walking again, trying to capture as much of the sun's last rays as he could. The cold pierced right through to his bones, and it wasn’t even winter yet! The Omega didn’t think it would take so long to find this “cure”. He was starting to doubt whether or not it was really out there. The last trickle of light filtered in through the gaps in the tree, and Izuku knew it was time to settle down while he could still see what he was doing. Finding a small clearing, he set his bag down before laying out some leaves on the ground. He sat down with a wheeze, taking out the leftovers from last night’s meal. The silence he once yearned for had become deafening to him now. He wanted nothing more than for it to be filled with a certain Alpha’s grunts, snarky comments, biting words and rare chuckles. A tear made its way out before the Omega could stop it. He wanted Kacchan. He wanted to smell him, touch him, see him. But it was all his fault. He was the one who pushed the Alpha away. Laying down, Izuku turned onto his side and closed his eyes. Sighing, he tried his best to fall asleep while images of sharp blonde hair and piercing red eyes filled his mind.


Katsuki’s eyes widened at the sight. The small Omega was sitting in the middle of a meadow of flowers eyes closed and a wave of bliss passed over his face. Suddenly the air cracked and Katuski ducked down to the ground. Looking up, he saw what he could only describe as lightning surrounding the greenette.

“Izuku!”

Katsuki tried to run and reach his hands out to the boy but his feet were stuck. The ground slowly consumed him and before he knew it mud filled his lungs. He tried to scream out for someone, but no one answered. Bolting upright, Katsuki’s heart leapt, thumping against his ribcage. Looking up, he saw the sun coming over the horizon.

Shaking his head, he stood up and dusted the grass and leaves from his pants. He should get going. He needed to make it there before it was too late and the scent was gone. Walking down to the foot of the small mountain, he took a deep breath and turned left, following the smell. It was fresh, less than a day old. He made the right choice getting up now. It left him enough time to catch up before the Omega started moving again.

For the past few weeks, he noticed the scent had changed ever so slightly. It wasn’t overwhelmingly obvious, just a hint of a sweeter undertone. Katsuki knew what it meant, and his inner Alpha screamed at him to catch up to the Deer and protect him, but he had to respect Izuku’s decision. Well, technically he was already going against what Izuku had asked of him, but the Omega didn’t need to know that. He’d been travelling a fair bit behind Izuku ever since the Deer left him in the clearing that one fateful night.

Katsuki had considered leaving, and at one point he had, but there was something pulling forward. He was lucky when he got back that Izuku’s scent had clung to the air enough he could follow the trail even though night had already fallen. Eventually he gave up and started going after the Omega, never falling too far behind that he couldn’t pick up his scent. On the days that rain fell, Katsuki cursed the gods, running until he could hear Izuku’s footsteps. He was honestly surprised the Omega hadn’t caught him yet, he’d been doing this for moons now. Every so often he’d catch a glimpse of him, his swollen stomach and beautiful green curls. He longed to run up to him, catch him in his embrace and never let go, but he was scared of what would happen if he did. Not that he’d ever admit that, because Katsuki wasn’t scared of anything, or at least he wasn’t supposed to be. So, Katsuki vowed to keep his distance, all the while watching to make sure no danger came to the Omega.

Katsuki stripped of his clothes, wiping down his arms and chest. It’d been a while since he’d washed, but he thought now was a good a time as any. Izuku seemed to have camped in the same spot for a few days. At first, Katsuki was worried something had happened, that the boy was in danger, but he simply seemed to be resting, mixing potions of some sort. So the Alpha took this advantage to get some rest of his own.
He’d trekked over mountains and hills and many forests, although Izuku had done the same in a much more precarious situation. Katsuki felt bad for the Omega, and he wanted to help, but again he was held back by the harsh words shared what seemed like summers ago now. Shaking his head he got out the river, shaking his hair of water before trudging over to the little fire he’d set up. He’d caught some fish earlier, and had intended to smoke them with wild garlic, only to realised he hadn’t the slightest clue where he’d find something like that. Izuku would know. He pulled his shirt over his head and was just about to sit down when he heard a scream from nearby. Jolting up, he sprinted towards the source of the sound, the screams and shouts morphing into words.

“Help me! Someone, please!”

Crashing into the clearing he saw his Omega cowering against a tree as a tall, broad man loomed over him. He barely gave it a second thought as he launched himself in between, gripping a handful of the man’s throat. Digging his fingernails in, he pushed the stranger back until they were a safe distance away from Izuku.

“Just what do you think you’re doing with my Omega?”

Chapter 8: Together With You

Summary:

katsuki and izuku are reunited once more

Notes:

here this months chapter !!
i hope you enjoy it
im not a huge fan not gonna lie lol
sorry for not posting !
i was in the process of moving house so it was very stressful...
ill post again later this month !!

Chapter Text

His body moved before his mind could catch up, throwing a hard punch to the man’s face. Straddling their hips, Katsuki pummelled his face until he was sure he was dead. Blood dripped from his knuckles and a snarl was plastered on his face. Seething with rage, he didn’t even hear his name being called until there was a presence right next to him.

“Kacchan?”

Turning to the side he met the face of the person he loved the most, yet couldn’t have.

“Izuku…”

Couldn’t he? The Omega was carrying his pups, and he knew Izuku was the only person he’d ever loved. Was that not enough? Why did some rule made hundreds of years ago have to dictate how he lived his life? It’s not his fault he fell in love with a Deer. He didn’t even realise it'd happened. It was like falling off a cliff. One day he just looked at the boy with different eyes, and there was no going back.

“Is it really you?”

When this was all done, maybe Katsuki could argue with the tribe leaders. Izuku was half Wolf after all, that had to count for something. But he couldn’t. They’d both left their tribes, there was no going back. Besides, even if they were let back in, Izuku would probably, no definitely be killed; if not for being an Omega, then for being a half blood.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

But maybe they could have a happy ending. Together, with their pups. They could find somewhere nice and quiet to live, without the tribes. Without the disease. Without the prophecy.

“I- I-”

“I know, it’s okay.”

He couldn’t hold back any longer. Pulling Izuku close, he buried his nose in the Omega’s scent gland. Cherry blossom and lily burst into the air with honey and milk undertones peaking through. It smelled like the closest thing to home Katsuki’s ever felt. Soon enough, wails echoed through the air as Izuku clung tight onto the Alpha’s shirt.

“I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! I never should’ve made you leave. I missed you every day. I wanted you by my side so much it hurt. I’m such a bad Omega, Kacchan!”

Katsuki let Izuku cry, knowing there was nothing he could do but comfort him. Pushing out his own smoky, cedar scent, he ran his hand through the wild green locks, rubbing soothing circles into the Omega’s back with the other. Once he finally calmed down, only letting out occasional sniffles, Katsuki pulled back.

“It’s okay, I’m here now, and I’m never going to leave you again. I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have left you alone for so long. I wanted to reach you, I really did, but I thought it was for the best that I stayed behind.”

The Deer shook his head, lip wobbling as he responded.

“No, i-it’s my fault. I was the one who told you- who told you to go away.”

Izuku hiccuped as he forced the sentence out his mouth, and Katsuki instantly buried his head in the Omega’s neck.

“I shouldn’t have listened. I should’ve stayed and protected you.”

“But you did. You saved me, Kacchan.”

It felt so good to hear that name spill out the Omega’s lips again. They held tightly onto each other, both fearing that when they let go the other would disappear. They only slipped back when night had begun to fall around them. The Alpha’s eyes glanced down to the small bump between them.

“Can I…?”

“Of course. It’s yours as well, Kacchan.”

Tentatively, he reached out to cup the Omega’s stomach, surprised at how hard it was.

“Is it really mine?”

Izuku burst out laughing, causing Katsuki to retract his hand quickly with shock.

“Whose else would it be?”

“I don’t know...it just doesn’t seem real,” the Alpha grumbled, embarrassed at being laughed at.

A small, cold hand lifted his chin up until he was looking directly into the Deer’s eyes, a soft smile playing on the boy's lips.

“Well I assure you, it’s 100% ours.”

Ours. Katsuki liked the sound of that.


Honestly, this all felt like a dream. Izuku thought the moment he opened his eyes he’d be completely alone once again; but the skin beneath his hands was so warm, so full of life, it was getting harder to believe this wasn’t real, that Kacchan wasn’t there next to him. Tears fell from his eyes, slipping down his cheeks. Resting his forehead on Kacchan’s, he sighed in relief. Everything was going to work out. Everything was going to be okay. In that moment, he had no worries. He didn’t have to think about the disease, or being a mage or the tribes or anything, because he was finally whole.

“We should get going. I’ve already spent too long here, they’ve found me.”

“Who’s found you?”

Izuku opened his eyes to look directly at Kacchan.

“I’m not sure...but I have a theory.”

Izuku drew in the soft soil with a stick, mapping out the land as he knew it.

“This was us. We lived in the deep forest, hidden from sight. We travelled west, then north, leading us here.”

He punctuated his sentence with an ‘X’, hollowing out the ground beneath it.

“When we left, I think...I think word travelled fast. I’m the only living mage that we know of, meaning I’m valuable. When my tribe realised I was gone, that’s when it started. Remember those two from the raven tribe? I think they were looking for us. I’ve only been around their territory once when I got lost, but it’s south of your tribe, so it’s close. The fact that they found us that quickly means they set out not soon after we left. I’m thinking they spread information as they searched. Other tribes are looking for us, Kacchan. It isn’t safe anymore. I think...I think they’re looking for me because they want my genes. If they can force me to have children, magic will be passed down to another generation.”

He could see Kacchan’s mind working, trying to figure out something.

“But...that makes no sense. Even if you have children, there’s no guarantee they’ll inherit the gene.”

“There’s a 50/50 chance, that’s good enough for them.”

Worry was evident in the Alpha’s eyes, and Izuku was quick to quell it.

“Don’t worry, this is all just a theory. It could just be a coincidence!”

“It’s no fucking coincidence. Ares, what if I hadn’t been there? What if I really left like you asked me to? What if-”

“Kacchan, it’s fine. You’re here now, and that’s all that matters.”

The Omega settled his head into the crook of Kacchan’s neck, sniffing slightly as he fought back tears. A gentle, soothing hand rubbed his back, comforting and warm.

“You hungry?”

Just thinking about food had Izuku’s stomach growling. He hadn’t eaten a real, proper meal in moons, surviving off small animals and berries. It wasn’t because he couldn’t hunt, rather because he only had a small knife. He nodded enthusiastically at the question, drawing back to look at the Alpha.

“How about you stay here and rest. I’ll go fetch us something to eat.”

“I don’t want you to leave.”

“I won’t be gone long.”

“You promise?”

“I’ll be back before you can count to 10.”

“Don’t go far, okay?”

“Okay.”

Sitting on the forest floor, Izuku watched, worry filling his heart as Kacchan disappeared through the trees.

He’ll be fine. He’ll be fine. He’ll be fine…

He’s not fine.

The thought broke into his head the second he heard crashing through the bushes as someone stumbled into the clearing. The heavy body collapsed, pushing Izuku to the ground. Cedar and smoke filled the Omega’s lungs, his mind and heart instantly recognising the scent.

“Kacchan!”

Pushing both of them up, the Omega cradled Kacchan close to his body, instantly examining his body for any obvious injuries.

“Kacchan, can you hear me? What happened?”

“Fucking...stalkers.”

Izuku's heart sunk even further. They were here. He knew it’d been quiet for far too long, and now they’d found them.

“We need to go I-”

“Deku...I-”

His sentence was interrupted by a violent bout of coughs, spraying blood onto Izuku’s shirt.

“I killed them, it’s okay...we’re safe.”

“For now,” Izuku whispered beneath his breath.

He made quick work of peeling the blood soaked clothes from the Alpha’s chest. Underneath was a deep cut, already swollen with blood oozing out. Surrounding the wound was what Izuku could only describe as black lightning. He’d never seen anything like it, but based on what he could see and the fact that Kacchan was simultaneously panting and coughing, it wasn’t good. Panic swept through his body as he thought about what he could possibly do. His medicine bag was already getting empty, and he doubted he had anything that could fix whatever this was. He tentatively pressed lightly near the wound, causing Kacchan to roll sideways and throw his stomach’s contents up.

“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry Kacchan I-”

“”S fine.”

Izuku took several deep breaths, trying to calm down his racing heart and throbbing head.

“Okay, Kacchan I need you to listen to me. You have to close your eyes and relax as best you can, alright? This might sting a little, but it’s going to be okay, you hear me?”

The Alpha grunted, which Izuku took as confirmation. As soon as Kacchan’s eyes were shut tightly, the Omega placed his hands on either side of his stomach. Sucking a breath in, he filled his lungs until there was no more space.

“Omepedm, chethuruk, elysiad, pwanabal, yanckaban. Omepedm, chethuruk, elysiad…”

Izuku chanted under his breath, concentrating and thinking of nothing but healing and Kacchan. He felt his magic pulse through his veins, draining out his fingers and into the body before him. He kept forcing it out of himself until his head was swimming and he had nothing left to give.

When the Omega opened his eyes again, the sky had darkened, light barely shining through the trees. He blinked until he felt awake enough to roll his head from side to side in search of a certain blonde.

“Kacchan?” he croaked out, weakly forcing himself to sit up.

“Hey don’t get up, you need to stay still, alright?”

Izuku slumped back down, resting his head in the Alpha’s lap. His head felt foggy, and he couldn’t move his one leg. He lay there, waiting for the feeling to come back to his body, listening to the steady breathing of his partner.

“Can you help me sit up?”

Strong hands pressed against him until he was finally sitting up straight. Leaning back against the Alpha, he sighed in relief.

“Hey.”

“Mmm?”

“Why did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“Use your magic? You could’ve hurt both you and the pup!”

Anger quickly boiled in his blood, forcing him to turn around and face Kacchan.

“Would you rather I just left you to die?!”

The Alpha growled, obviously lost for a comeback.

“You were poisoned Kacchan, I couldn’t just leave you like that, so I took a risk and used my magic.”

“The colours, how are they?”

“Excuse me?”

Izuku was stumped at the sudden change of topic.

“How bright are the colours? Have they dulled a lot?”

Oh, they’re fine, I guess.”

Izuku looked around, turning his head from side to side. It was dark, yet he could already tell it had worsened. He visibly saddening when he realised they had lost their shine dramatically; he could barely make out the different shades anymore. The Wolf obviously noticed, pulling Izuku into a tight hug.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have gone.”

“You were just trying to get something to eat, it wasn’t your fault.”

“Please, don’t use your magic on me again.”

“I...I can’t promise that. If it comes between losing colours and losing you, I will always choose the former.”

“But you don’t know the other effects...what if something else happens? What if you lose your vision completely? What if-”

“Let’s not think about that now. What’s important is that we’re all here, and we’re okay.”

“For now.”

“And that’s all I can ask for.”


Katsuki couldn’t get the feeling out his head. It was like flowers falling in autumn. Wind flowing through his hair. Sweet scents filling his lungs. His whole body felt like it was floating, nothing keeping him grounded to the earth. He wanted to feel it again. He wanted it to coarse through him because it made him feel warm, it made him feel…

There was no point thinking about it though, he couldn’t ask Izuku to use his magic on him; not that he’d asked the first time. As the last feeling of the magic ebbed through him, he glanced down at the Omega in his arms. It felt so...so right. It was like this was where he was destined to be, this was who the universe wanted him to be with.

“You okay? The pup?”

“We’re fine Kacchan, but we need to leave.”

“No, you need to rest.”

“What if they track us? Then what?”

“They won’t.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“I can’t, but I’m with you now. If anything or anyone finds us, I’ll protect you both.”

“What about-”

Izuku’s sentence was interrupted by the rumbling of his stomach. The Omega ignored it, instead choosing to carry on with their previous discussion.

“I’m fine now, Kacchan. We should go find somewhere else to stay.”

“Are you fucking serious? It’s nightfall, we’re both hungry and exhausted. It’s not logical to move.”

“But-”

Katsuki watched as the Omega subconsciously released distressed pheromones and tangled his hands together. Combating the scent with his own, he softened his gaze towards the other boy.

“Hey, hey look at me.”

He slipped his hand under Izuku’s chin, gently directing him to look at the Alpha.

“We can leave first thing tomorrow, I promise. But let’s just stay here for the night, okay?”

“...okay.”


The Omega sniffed, shifting to a more comfortable position. Reaching over to his bag, he pulled it close, searching for something for the both of them to eat. He stumbled across the necklace he’d forgotten he’d put inside. It was delicate, beautiful, one of his mother’s finest works. She’d been so adamant about not selling it, saying she wanted to give it to Izuku’s partner, when he found one. Tears instantly welled up in his eyes, and he didn’t even both fighting them.

“Did your mother make that?”

The Omega nodded, slipping it over his head to rest next to his other bone necklace.

“It’s beautiful.”

Shaking his head he wiped the tears away and reached back inside his bag to find the small stash of dried rabbit he had leftover.

“I know it’s not much, but it’s better than nothing.”

Handing half over to the Alpha, Izuku practically inhaled his share; he hadn’t eaten since before midday.

“Here, have mine.”

“No, you need to keep up you strength.”

“I’ll find something in the morning. You’re eating for two, so have mine.”

Izuku knew the blonde wasn’t going to relent, so he took the meat and split it two again.

“Please, just eat this bit, for me?”

“Tch, fine.”

The Omega smiled and happily chewed on his extra portion. Silence filled the air between them, and, in it’s own way, it was comforting. Unlike the sound that he’d grown so used to over the past few moons, the unspoken words between them were nice. Suddenly everything weighed down on him and he could barely keep his eyes open. Falling to the ground, he shifted until he found a comfortable position, holding his arms open for Kacchan to join him. When the Alpha didn’t, he looked up to see Kacchan staring at something in the distance.

“Kacchan? What’s wrong?”

The Wolf’s nose twitched, and his gaze kept shooting around the trees.

“...Kacchan?”

He brought his hand to rest on the blonde’s shoulder, feeling him jump slightly beneath it.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you,” Izuku apologised.

“‘S fine.”

“You good? You looked-”

“I’m fine. Just thought I heard somethin’.”

Izuku instantly stiffened, concentrating on the sounds of the forest to see if he could hear something as well.

“Don’t worry, it’s probably just an animal.”

Even when he was held tightly in the Alpha’s arms, Izuku couldn’t still his racing heart. Kacchan seemed confident it wasn’t something to worry about, but with everything that had been going on recently the Deer wasn’t so sure. Regardless, he let himself lie down, head resting on Kacchan’s chest. Low rumbles echoed throughout the Alpha, accompanied by a melodious purring from Izuku as the two drifted off into an uneasy sleep.
“Kacchan? Kacchan, are you there?”

Izuku wandered around the mountain, calling out for the Alpha. The sky was dark and he could hardly see three feet in front of him. Every noise had him jumping metres in the air. He placed a hand protectively on his stomach, before rounding the corner. In front of him was a wide clearing with a rock ceiling. Moss and other nameless plants hung from the cliff, glowing in the moonlight reflected off the pool of water below them. What was this place? It smelled...like home? Freshly home cooked meals, the herb and citrus scent that always hung around his mother and the slightest hint of medicine. Taking a tentative step forward, the Omega ran his hand along the wall. It lit up beneath his touch, illuminating his freckled skin. Leaning over to peer into the water, he lost his footing. He kept falling, never reaching the bottom. It felt like the water was pressing around him, suffocating him of oxygen. His vision was blacking out, his head felt empty. Then there, in the distance he could see it. His Alpha. He tried calling, but nothing came out. But something wasn’t right. Kacchan’s face was all screwed up, in pain. Red surrounded the Wolf, oozing out of his chest where a dagger was firmly planted. He tried to scream, tried to move closer, but he couldn’t. He couldn’t do anything. Kacchan!

Izuku awoke with a harsh gasp, bolting straight up. Panting, he whipped his head from side to side. Tears ran down his cheeks, staining them.

“Hey, hey it’s alright, I’m here.”

The Omega was quick to bury his face into Kacchan’s neck, gulping down the calming pheromones.

“You’re okay. You’re safe. I’m here.”

Eventually his heart rate slowed down and his breathing evened out.

“You’re here...you’re...”

Izuku’s body shook as he clung tightly to the Alpha. He’s alive, he’s okay, he’s right here, the Deer kept repeating to himself.

“You okay?”

“Yeah...just a bad dream.”

A soft hand threaded through Izuku’s hair, gently massaging his head.

“I-”

Both boys jumped, head turning towards the source of the noise. In a flash Izuku was behind Kacchan, arms protectively spread out around the Deer. The Alpha emitted a growl, releasing threatening pheromones.

“Who’s there?!”

Chapter 9: Confessions

Summary:

katsuki and izuku wind up some place new

Notes:

here's this months chapter !!
not too much goes on, but there'll be a big discovery next chapter
hope you enjoy

Chapter Text

“Who’s there?!”

Katsuki bristled with aggression, quickly hiding Izuku behind him. Whatever was there was going to have to kill the Alpha before he let them lay a finger on his Omega and pup.

“I said who’s there?”

“Hey now, no need to get so aggressive. You’re the one in our territory I’ll have you know.”

Out from the trees walked a small, bubbly looking girl. Katsuki cocked his head to the side in confusion.

“Who are you?”

“I think I should be the one asking questions here. Also, I’d appreciate it if you’d stop pumping out those Alpha pheromones. Tenya will kill me if I come back smelling like I’d slept with someone else.”

“What the fuck are you talking about?”

“I- oh! Is that an Omega?!”

Before Katsuki could react the girl was behind him, crouched down next to Izuku. 

“Hi! My name’s Ochako, what’s yours?”

“I-Izuku…”

“Get away from him,” Katsuki growled.

Every hair on the Alpha was standing up. His fangs were bared, lips curled in a snarl. His Alpha instincts were screaming “danger” at him. He had to get his Omega away somewhere safe. Faster than anyone could register, Katsuki had scooped Izuku up in his arms and had jumped away from the girl. 

“Hey, wait! Where are you going?”

“Away from here,” the Alpha spat.

Turning around, he started walking in the other direction when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t go, we can help you!”

“You wanna help? Sure. If anyone asks if you’ve seen us, send them the other way.”

“Your Omega, he’s pregnant, isn’t he? You both look like you could use some rest, and something warm to eat. Why don’t you come back with me?”

“And why the fuck should I trust you?”

“Well, sounds like you’re on the run from someone. Surely a peaceful night’s rest and a full stomach couldn’t hurt? If you wanted, I’m sure you could stay longer than a night! I’ll talk to the chief for you.”

“Come on, Kacchan. It does sound nice,” Izuku said, looking up at the Alpha. 

Katsuki flipped the idea over in his head. He didn’t trust the girl, for all he knew she could be working with the other tribes; it could be a trap. On the other hand, he wanted what was best for his Omega and their pup. The boy had been under so much stress the past few moons...maybe it would be nice. They could get patched up and then be on their way. Provided the tribe didn’t want anything in return. It was dangerous to be in debt. 

“Fine, we’ll come.”

“Excellent!”

The girl bounced up and down, a huge smile adorned on her face. They started walking, Katsuki never putting Izuku down in case they needed to flee last minute. Of course, the Omega objected profusely. 

“Kacchan, put me down! I have legs, I can walk.”

“No.”

“But-”

“No.”

“Kacchan I-”

“No.”

“But it’s embarrassing…” Izuku muttered with a pout.

“So, a male Omega, that’s rare,” the girl said from a few feet in front. 

“Yeah, and what of it?”

“They’re really sacred around these parts. People say they’re a blessing from the Gods. They say when a male Omega is born, a destiny is brought to light.”

“The fuck are you talking about?”

“They all have a mission. They’re here for a reason. I don’t know if it’s true, it could just be a story the elders like to tell to the pups for all I know.”

Katsuki and Izuku shared a glance, before the girl started talking again. 

“What brings you to these parts. You don’t smell like any tribe I know. More from the South I’d say.”

“We’re...looking for something,” Izuku said.

“Really? So you’re on an adventure? That sounds so exciting!”

“Why are you being so nice?” the Alpha asked.

“Well, why not? You looked like you needed it, and we’re more than happy to help. My tribe is known for sheltering travellers.”

“And which tribe is this?”

“The otter tribe. We’re quite small, but we’re like family to one another!”

“So there’s a river nearby?”

“Yup! We all pretty much survive on it. It’s our main source of food.”

The three walked in silence for the rest of the way, until a large clearing came into view. The smell of fresh water, salmon and a slightly musky scent hit Katsuki’s nose before he even saw the tribe. Then there, a little further ahead was the river. Pups were splashing around in the water while the adults hunted for fish. Small huts were scattered on the grass, crafted out of wood, mud and river reeds. Women huddled together cooking, sewing and crafting while they chattered merrily.

“You two wait here, I’ll go get the chief.”

Katsuki watched the girl go, taking in her small stature and tattooed arms. 

“You can put me down now.”

Katsuki was about to refuse, then thought he could better fight if both his arms were free. Carefully he settled Izuku on his feet before taking his hand and standing slightly in front of him. The Alpha then shifted his vision from side to side, taking in their surroundings, mapping out the best exit points. 

“Calm down, you smell disgusting.”

The blonde looked down at Izuku, whose nose was scrunched up.

“Sorry,” he grunted out, but couldn’t find the effort to put sincerity behind the words.

It was good he smelled strong, it would assert his dominance, show he wasn’t one to be messed with. He was just about to suggest they leave when the girl came back, this time with a much larger man in tow. Katsuki instantly tensed, immediately sensing the presence of another Alpha. 


“Sorry for keeping you waiting, I couldn’t find him!”

“My apologies, I was helping with the hunt. Salmon season isn’t one to mess around with, it feeds us through the winter.”

“That’s quite alright,” Izuku spoke up before Kacchan had the chance to, “it’s nice to meet you! I’m Izuku, and this is my...partner, Katsuki.”

The Omega bowed his head with respect, side glancing at the Alpha and pulling his hand down when he didn’t do the same. 

“Hello, Izuku, Katsuki. My name’s Tenya, I’m the chief leader of the otter tribe. Ochako tells me she found you two in our deep woods.”

“Yes! We’re terribly sorry about that, we didn’t know it was your territory!”

The Deer once again bowed his head, averting his eyes in a sign of submission.

“There’s no need for that, a simple mistake is all it was; a good one at that. I’d like to offer you a place to stay here, should you need it. Ochako told me you were pregnant, and now I see you are quite far along. I’m not sure where you are headed, but you are welcome to stay for as long as you want.”

“That’s very kind of you! If it’s not too much hassle we’d gladly take the offer!”

“Oi, what-”

“We’ll be in your care!”

Izuku quickly spoke up over his Alpha, gripping his hand in warning.

“Very well. I’ll leave you with Ochako. Pleased to meet you.”

“Please to meet you,” Izuku mirrored.

He watched Tenya leave, and finally took a small breath. His heart was hammering in his chest, and he was struggling to reign his pheromones in. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of his face, even though the rest of his body was cold. Kacchan obviously sensed his nervousness, shuffling closer and giving his hand a slight squeeze of reassurance. Izuku glanced to his side, throwing a small smile in the Alpha’s direction. 

“So, if you’ll follow me I’ll show you our spare den! It’s not much, I’m sorry, but it’ll keep the wind and rain out, and I suppose that’s all that matters. Meal’s ready at sundown, so I’ll leave you two alone!”

Izuku watched Ochako walk away before turning to face Katsuki.

“She seems nice.”

The Alpha only grunted in response, walking to the corner of the den where he set their bags down.

“I know you don’t really want to be here, but I think it’s for the best.”

Izuku’s mind was still reeling from everything. Kacchan was here, next to him, after being away for so long. It didn’t seem real; he felt like he was going to wake up at any moment and be left alone in the cold. 

The Omega suddenly felt a wave of exhaustion wash over him, forcing him to, not so gracefully, sit on one of the mats and lean back, hand on his stomach.

“Hey, you okay?”

Instantly, Kacchan was kneeling by his side, warm hand comfortingly placed on the Omega’s back.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine. Just...tired.”

“You need me to get you anything? Something to eat, to drink?”

“You heard Ochako. Meal’s only ready at sundown.”

“Doesn’t matter. I’ll go find something.”

“Kacchan, I’m okay. Calm down, everything’s fine.”

“How can I calm down?!”

“Why are you shouting?”

“Because, Izuku, I’m fucking stressed, okay? So much has happened and I don’t know what to think about it and I haven’t been given a single moment’s peace and quiet to process anything!”

“Fine, if you want your peace so bad, have it.”

With that Izuku sat up, struggling a bit to get to his feet, before marching out the den, leaving the Alpha behind. That knothead wants quiet, I’ll give it to him . Following the dirt path, Izuku walked past the women they’d seen earlier. Up close they were much more beautiful; silky hair, intricate tattoos, flawless skin. The Omega smiled at them, to which they gracefully bowed their heads in a show of respect. He kept walking until he wound up by the edge of the river. Men were scattered throughout the water, spears in hand and baskets slung over their shoulders. Izuku watched in awe as they caught fish, making it look as effortless as breathing. His attention then turned to the pups who were playing a little further downstream and closer to the shore. They were splashing each other, giggles and shouts echoing between them. They didn’t have a care in the world. A few were swimming while others tried catching fish with their bare hands. The Omega let out a small chuckle as one pounced too far and ended up getting completely soaked. 

He cast his eyes down, resting a hand on his rather large stomach. One day, one day soon he’d have a pup of his own. His and Kacchan’s. When he was younger he absolutely hated being an Omega and wanted nothing to do with his secondary gender. Over and over he told his mother he’d never have pups, that he didn’t want them. He remembered when he was just a pup himself, after he’d presented at the young age of 6, he’d prayed every night that the Gods would change him to a Beta or Alpha; anything but this thing that everyone around him seemed to think was a sin. He’d hated himself for a while, growing so used to people telling him all these horrible things about Omegas, but in the end, he realised it was futile—he couldn’t change himself no matter how badly he wanted to. Funny how things change . Izuku, however, couldn’t help but feel an impending sense of dread; time was running out. He had to find the cure before he had the baby, who seemed to be ready to come in a mere four moons. 

“Hey.”

Izuku didn’t have to turn his head to know who was standing behind him.

“Cleared your head?” The Omega asked, sarcasm dripping into his voice.

“Yeah...I’m- I’m sorry.”

Already Izuku could feel his heart squeeze and his instincts scream at him. Dammit, I just can’t stay mad at him!

“Yeah, you should be.”

“I was angry and stressed, but I shouldn’t have shouted at you.”

“No, you shouldn't've.”

“Forgive me?”

Izuku finally turned around to face the Alpha. He was frowning, lines etched deeply into his forehead. His mouth turned down in something the greenette would almost describe as a pout. 

The Omega sighed deeply, shaking his head slightly before responding, “Yes, of course.”

A rare smile spread across Kacchan’s face. He took a step further and lifted Izuku into the air.

“H-hey! Put me down!”

“Nope!”

The Wolf spun Izuku around before holding him close - well as close as he could.

“I’m sorry.”

“I already forgave you.”

“I know...but I’m still sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

The Omega ran a hand through the blonde’s spiky hair, caressing him softly. 

“Hey, Kacchan?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you call me that name? The one you said before?”

“Which one? Deku?”

“Mmm, I like it.”

“I like you.”

Izuku looked up into the Alpha’s eyes which seemed to shine brightly.

“I...I like you too.”

“Deku?”

“Mmm?”

“Can I kiss you?”

“Yeah…”

It came out way quieter and a lot more breathy than he’d meant it to, but it got his point across. Not even two seconds passed and gentle lips pressed against his own. They were a lot softer than Izuku had expected - the rest of the Alpha was so rough. When they finally broke apart, Izuku rested his forehead on the blonde’s, breathing softly. 

“I wanna spend the rest of my life with you.”

Izuku leaned back slightly as Kacchan removed his arms from around the Omega’s waist.

“Kacchan?”

“Will you let me pierce your ear?”

“Huh?”

“In my tribe, it’s a symbol of eternal love to share a piece of jewelry. My mother passed these earrings on to me, and I want to give you one.”

“B-but...I don’t know Kacchan.”

“You don’t love me?”

“No, no that’s not it. It’s just I don’t know about piercing my ear.”

“It doesn’t hurt, I promise.”

Izuku looked up into his partner’s eyes, searching for something, but only coming up with love and honesty.

The Omega sighed, eventually agreeing.

“I can’t believe I’m going along with this,” Izuku muttered to himself as the blonde dragged him back to the den, holding his hand tightly; it was warm and rough, and the Omega never wanted to let it go. 

They passed the group of women, this time with children sitting around them. Men had started to walk up from the river, baskets full of fish. As they passed a particularly big Alpha, Izuku heard the beginning of a growl from beside them. Yanking down on the blonde’s hand, he bought him close enough so he could whisper-shout in his ear. 

“Kacchan you’re being rude! They’re nice enough to offer us shelter and food, you don’t need to snarl at them every time they pass us!” 

“Just look at them.”

“Look at what?! They aren’t doing anything but going about their normal day. We’re the intruders here! Now you either buck up or I’ll make you stay inside.”

The Omega gave Kacchan a single harsh look before walking up the path once again. 

“Ah, Izuku, Katsuki, just the people I was looking for.”

The two turned at the call of their names and found the chief leader coming up the path to greet them. Instantly Izuku could feel Kacchan’s hand tense, to which he gently squeezed back.

“Tenya.”

Izuku bowed his head slightly, before raising it to meet a smiling Alpha.

“I hope you found your den satisfactory.”

“More than. Thank you so much for letting us stay!”

“It’s my pleasure. Now, I came to find you because there’s something I must tell you.”

“Of course.”

“We...well, we know about you.”

Izuku and Kacchan exchanged a look of confusion. 

“I’m sorry I’m not quite sure we follow,” Izuku responded.

“You’re looking for something, aren’t you?”

“Yes, we are.”

“I think we have someone who’ll be of much use to you. He’s sleeping right now, but you’re more than welcome to visit him when daybreak comes.”

“That’s very kind of you to offer. We’ll be sure to meet him then.”

Honestly, Izuku wasn’t quite sure what else to say. 

“Great. Meal’s almost ready, you should come down and take a seat.”

“Thank you very much, Tenya.”

Remember, be careful who you trust. For some reason, those words echoed in his head as he watched the chief walk away. Doubt flooded his mind; maybe Kacchan was right. Maybe he shouldn’t be so friendly with these people, it wasn’t like he knew them. But they seemed so kind and genuine, taking them in when they could’ve killed them for being on otter land. Izuku swayed, unable to decide which he should believe - trust them or don’t. The decision was made for him when he was suddenly being pulled back down the path they just came.

“Stop muttering, it’s annoying.”

Kacchan’s back face the Omega, strong and well built. It gave him the reassurance he needed. Everything would be okay, he had his Alpha with him. Izuku had never believed in fate, didn’t think soulmates existed, but he couldn’t imagine being with anyone else besides Kacchan, in this life and the next. It was as if the two were made for each other. No one had ever managed to make Izuku’s heart pound and squeeze the way the Wolf did. And now he was carrying their pup. Everything will be okay , the Omega kept saying to himself. 

He took a seat next to Kacchan, barely sitting his ass down before he was being dragged away. Confusion clouded his vision as he was not so gently placed down. 

“The child bearers sit here.”

Looking up Izuku caught Ochako’s eye, shining brightly as they reflected the burning fire.

“B-but-”

Before the Omega could protest, the girl was walking away. Izuku looked at the other women sitting around him and squirmed, wringing his hands together. He felt very uncomfortable under their gaze, like they could see through to his soul. He wanted to be back by Kacchan’s side. As if by magic, his wish was granted and he heard a booming voice closing in.

“Don’t you dare touch my mate.”

Chapter 10: A New Discovery

Summary:

katsuki and izuku find a clue to the cure

Notes:

hii !!
heres another chapter lmao
hope you enjoy (´∀`)♡

just realised this is my first fanfic of the year off to a great start lol

Chapter Text

A growl pierced the silent night, everyone frozen in place as the scent of an Alpha in his prime sliced through the air. Other growls echoed afterwards, trying to assert their dominance in their own tribe, but they were harshly ignored. Katsuki seemed to grow in size as he stalked to where Izuku was sitting, curled in on himself. 

“Come.”

The Omega leapt up and into Katsuki’s awaiting arms. 

“Let’s get one thing straight,” the Alpha’s voice boomed out, “you don’t touch my mate, ever again .”

Even the Alphas cowered as aggression and dominance seeped into the air.  

“C’mmon, Deku. Let’s go.”

Katsuki swept the Omega up, making sure to give each and every person he passed the dirtiest look he could muster. He only let himself relax once they’d gotten to the den, and then he kept his ears out for the tiniest of noises.

“What was that?!” Deku shouted as soon as the Alpha let him down.

“I don’t know...they seemed to think-”

“No, you . You can’t just do whatever you please!”

“I’m...confused.”

“You think you can just take me away like that? Like you own me?”

“B-but you seemed uncomfortable.”

“I can handle myself. They obviously have their own way of doing things, and seeming as they’re being so nice and accommodating, I think we should listen to what they say. If they want me to sit with the other Omegas, I can do that.”

“But I smelled-”

“I don’t care what you smelled!”

“Why are you defending them? I know you weren’t happy sitting there!”

“Because I- I-”

“Because you what?”

“I...I don’t know. It just seems right.”

“They made you uncomfortable. I just reacted based on what my instincts were telling me to do.”

Suddenly Deku burst into tears, cradling his face as he slipped to the floor.

“I- I don’t know what I think!”

Fuck. Now he’d done it.

“Shhh. It’s okay, you don’t need to cry. I’m here.”

“Why did this have to happen to me? I should be out there looking for the cure, not sitting in some strangers tribe crying and this fuckING BABY WON’T STOP KICKING ME.”

Oh. That’s what this was all about. Katsuki carefully set a gentle hand on the Omega’s stomach, soothingly rubbing his stomach.

“‘M sorry. Does it hurt?”

“Mmm. It feels good.”

Katsuki continuously rubbed calming circles, settling behind Deku so the Omega could lean back against him.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I just got worried and let my instincts take over.”

“‘S okay. I didn’t like it either. All the other Omegas were staring and me and they smelled funny.”

Katsuki couldn’t get the thought out of his mind. There was definitely something weird going on in this tribe, and he’d be damned if he let something happen to his Omega.

“I think we should leave tomorrow. We’ll have a nights rest and continue.”

“But what about that man Tenya was telling us about? We should go talk to him. If he can tell us anything, anything at all about the cure, I’m sure it’ll be of use. Kacchan, I’ll take anything right now. I’m at a loss of what to do and where to look. I’ve been searching for moons and nothing’s happened! I don’t even know what I’m looking for. She told me to 'seek the mountain’ but there’s thousands of those! How do I know which is the one?”

“What do you mean, ‘seek the mountain’?”

“My mother. I-I saw her in a dream. She said to me, ‘It’s in the stars Izuku. Seek the mountain. There you will find the answer. You must hurry, we’re running out of time. Remember, be careful who you trust. ’ I’ve looked, passed over every mountain, and yet nothing. I’m running out of options, Kacchan. I don’t know...I-”

Suddenly, the Omega jumped to his feet, running out of the tent and into the dark. Following suit, Katsuki filled with confusion at the sight of Deku spinning in circles, head to the sky. 

“Why didn’t I think of it before? It’s so simple, she literally told me the answer! ‘It’s in the stars .’ Don’t you get it, Kacchan? I just...have to find the right one…the right...”

He suddenly stopped spinning, gaze locked onto a specific set of stars, three in a row, pointing to the horizon.

“How could I have been do stupid! The answer’s been there with me, every night. I should’ve listened to her words more clearly. I’ve wasted so much time...so many lives. But there’s no point thinking about that now. I need to focus on the future, the lives that I can still save. I figured it out! I’ve got the answer.”

Deku spun around to face Katsuki, smile wide and eyes scrunched up. 

“I did it, Kacchan!”

“You did...what exactly?”

“I figured out how to get to the mountain. I just needed to look at the stars! They were telling me where to go the entire time, I just wasn’t looking hard enough. You see, those three right there? It’s called Ke’Celest. My mother used to point it out to me every night when I was a pup. She told me if I’m ever lost, just find the stars and they’ll lead me home. I found them, Kacchan. I can still save everyone!”

Katsuki’s chest swelled with pride and happiness, his pheromones bursting into the night air. He ran up to his Omega, instantly bundling him up in a tight hug.

“I knew you could do it. I believed in you the entire time.”

Tears poured down Deku’s face, seeping into the Alpha’s tunic. Eventually, he tired himself out, falling asleep in Katsuki’s arms. 

When they awoke the next morning, everything was quiet, save for a few birds calling out as the sun broke. It was the most peaceful night’s sleep Katsuki had had in awhile. With his Omega tucked gently under his arm, Katsuki thought he could spend his entire life like this. Unfortunately, the Gods had other plans for him. Gently working his way out, he slipped away quietly, careful not to wake Deku up. He stretched his stiff limbs out as the cool morning air hit his face. The sun was just beginning to appear over the trees, basking the land in a not-yet-warm sunlight. He couldn’t wait for this all to be over. He knew exactly what he was going to do once they found the cure. He could just imagine it; flowers blooming around their den, Deku sitting peacefully in the grass smiling up at him while their pup ran around, squealing to his hearts delight. A small smile graced his lips as he fantasized about his future. Their future.

“What’s got you happy so early in the morning?”

The Alpha turned around to find Deku walking up to him, rubbing his eyes as he yawned sleepily.

“Sorry, did I wake you?”

“‘S okay. I don’t want to sleep without you anyway.

Katsuki’s heart leapt at the simple statement. It was funny to think just a few moons ago they’d only tolerated each other based on mutual wants. Now, Katsuki couldn’t imagine a life without the Omega. He never thought he’d fall in love, and if he did it wouldn't have been like this. There was no build up, no realisation. It just...happened; all at once like he’d fallen off a cliff. 

“We should run away.”

“Huh? Kacchan, what are you talking about?”

“We should run away. Far away. From everything.”

“You know that’s not going to solve anything.”

“Why do we have to be the ones to find the fucking cure? Why is no one else out there looking? You shouldn’t be doing half the things you are in your state. We should have a den, with flowers everywhere. You should be resting.”

“While that sounds lovely, there are things that I have to do, responsibilities I have to take on.”

“But why you ?”

“It’s just what I have to do, Kacchan.”

“It shouldn’t have to be.”

“But it is.”

“The world is cruel.”

Izuku leaned into Katsuki’s side, resting his head on the Alpha’s chest.

“The world gave me you.”


Izuku took a deep, calming breath and reigned in his pheromones before lifting the hide and walking into the old man’s den. Immediately he was struck with a powerful feeling of wisdom, time, age. It smelled like old parchment and warm fires. It was comforting, but beneath it Izuku could sense the power. 

“Excuse me, Sir.”

The Omega walked further into the den, passing shelves filled with paper, vines growing down the wall from the outside, maps of the stars. 

“Over here, boy.”

“I’m sorry to bother you. I was just wondering if you could answer a question of mine.”

Izuku came to a stop by the man lying in his nest.

“Ask away, young man. It’s all they do.”

The Omega cleared his throat before settling down.

“It has...come to my knowledge that you might be able to help me?”

“That depends on what you need help with.”

The old man struggled to sit up; Izuku immediately leaned over to give him a hand.

“I’m looking for something, something important.”

“And is this something irreplaceable?”

“I’m not sure about irreplaceable, but I know it’s valuable, rare.”

“And what is it for? What does it do?”

“I...don’t know exactly, but it’s going to save my tribe, and many others. There’s a blight devouring the land and it’s killing...a lot of people. I need to find a ‘cure’ so I can save them.”

“What do you think this ‘cure’ is?”

“I’m not sure. Hygieia , there’s so much I don’t know!”

“No one knows everything.”

“But I feel like I know nothing .”

“Well you know there’s a cure to this ‘blight’, don’t you?”

“I guess, but I didn’t exactly figure that out myself. My mother...she told me to ‘seek the mountain’ and look for it ‘in the stars’. I only figured that last part out last night, and I think I know which way to go now, but what if I’m wrong? What if I get there and there’s nothing? What if I get there and there’s something ? What am I supposed to do then!”

“You’ll know when the time comes.”

“How do you know that?”

“You young ones have so little faith in yourself. You need to listen to your instincts, trust them. They’re what's gotten us this far.”

“But my instincts aren’t always right.”

“But neither is your mind. There’s no point in worrying over something you have no control over. Now, what is your question?”

Izuku brushed off the straw as he walked out into the full daylight. His eyes hadn’t even adjusted before questions were thrown in his face.

“What happened? What did he say? Was that piece of shit there?”

“Kacchan calm down.”

“You should’ve let me go with you. What would've happened if someone attacked you?”

“I can defend myself, although I appreciate your worry.”

“Did he answer your question?”

“Yeah, he did.”

“Good, now we can go.”

“What’s the rush? We can stay here until midday at least. Besides, I’m starving.”

“I’ll catch you something on the way. I don’t want to stay here any longer than necessary. There’s something really fucking weird going on here.”

“I think you’re just imagining things, Kacchan. Everyone’s so friendly!”

“That’s what they want-”

Izuku stopped walking and turned back when the Alpha cut himself off mid sentence.

“Kacchan? What’s-”

“Shhh.”

“Dont-”

“Shut up, Deku.”

Izuku frowned, but did as he was told. He watched as the Alpha drew in deep breathes, closing his eyes. Suddenly his whole body tensed and he looked to Izuku, eyes wide.

“Run.”

The next few seconds felt like a dream. Everything happened in an instant, yet it seemed like he was seeing it in slow motion. The tribe leader came running up the path, nearly colliding with Izuku. 

“Go. Run into the forest. Quickly. I’ll be right behind you.”

Izuku didn’t even have time to look back to see if Kacchan was following before his legs started to move. He didn’t stop until trees were surrounding him, basking him in a cool shade. His heart was hammering against his chest and it felt like he’d left his mind back in the village. When he slowed to a stop, he turned around to an unfamiliar raven haired man.

“W-Who are you?”

“The name’s Sero. I’m the chief warrior, the leader’s right hand. He sent me after you. It’s okay, I’ll make sure you’re safe.”

A sweet scent hit Izuku’s nose, one he faintly recognised calming pheromones, but to him they smelled acidic, rotten. 

“Could you please stop that scent?”

“Ah, sorry!”

Izuku took a deep breath once the air was clear. He watched Sero rub the back of his neck unconsciously.

“Sorry about that...reflex. Guess they don’t smell too good to you cause you’re already mated.”

“Where’s Kacchan?”

“Kacchan? Oh you mean the blonde Alpha? He stayed back with Tenya.”

“Why? I need to get back there.”

“I’m sorry but I can’t let you do that. I’m under strict instructions to keep you away and safe.”

“He’s my mate , I’m not letting him deal with whatever's going on back there by himself.”

“No offence, but even if you wanted to I don’t think you could do anything in your current state.”

“My current state . Being pregnant has nothing to do with this.”

Izuku knew he was being rude, but he couldn’t help himself. There was a nagging feeling in the back of his head, buzzing louder by the second.

“Look, he’s going to be fine. Tenya’s with him. He’ll sort it out.”

“Sort what out, exactly.”

“The warriors. They came looking for you two. I don’t know how they found out you were here...”

“What are you talking about?”

“You’re telling me you don’t know about the huge bounty over both your heads?”

“There’s a bounty?!”

“Well, yeah.”

“And you left Kacchan there?! I have to go back, right now.”

“Calm down, you’re going to hurt yourself. I told you already, Tenya’s dealing with it.”

“I don’t trust Tenya.”

“Well you should. He’ll get your Kacchan out.”

“That dumbass. I can’t believe he’s gotten himself into this situation again. It’s all my fault,” Izuku mumbled to himself. As if by magic, two big figures crashed through the thickets. As soon as Izuku recognised the scent, he was running and leaping into the awaiting arms of his Alpha. He couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. Everything happened so fast he couldn’t process it all. Why couldn't they just leave them alone? They hadn’t done anything wrong, they were just trying to save everyone. 

“I-I was so worried about you! I thought something might’ve happened and I couldn't go back and help you and-”

“Shhh. It’s okay, I’m here now.”

Kacchan held him as he cried his eyes out, until there was nothing left. 


“I’m so very sorry about that.”

Katsuki glared into the chief leader’s eyes as he held tightly onto his Omega.

“I knew I couldn't trust you.”

“I don’t know what came over my mate. I’m sorry we put you and your Omega in danger.”

“Whatever. If you’re really fucking sorry you’ll keep them away from us for as long as you can.”

“I sent them south, in the opposite direction. I can’t guarantee they’ll stay away for long, but it should be enough for you two to get a head start.”

“You should get back to your tribe. We’ll be going now.”

“I hope you travel safely and find what you’re looking for. Again, I’m truly sorry for what happened.”

As Katsuki let Deku go, gripping his hand tightly, someone else stumbled into the clearing, bags weighing down their shoulders.

“Ahh, there you are. Thank you,” Tenya said as he took the bags off the younger male before turning to Katsuki.

“Here’s your belongings and weapons. I put some dried meat and herbs in, I hope you don’t mind.”

“Thanks,” Katsuki replied, a snarl hidden behind the word.

Without uttering another word, he took the bags and started walking through the forest and away from the tribe. Deku was silent until the dark started to creep up on them. His head was hung as he stared at the ground. Every fibre of Katsuki was bristling with anger at their whole situation. He thought back to earlier that morning when the Omega had said this was just something he had to do. He still hated it, but realised there was nothing he could do about it but support Deku on this journey, protecting him and their unborn pup. Calming himself down, he dropped the Omega’s hand and set the bags down at a nice little clearing. 

“I think we should spend the night here.”

No answer.

“Deku? Are you okay?”

“I’m sorry.”

“About what?”

“This whole thing. I was the one who dragged you out here. I was the one who got you in trouble, who put a bounty over your head.”

“You’re not to blame. It’s those fucking assholes who are at fault. You’re trying to save them, and yet they have the fucking audacity to try stop you.”

“But you’re here because of me . What if I get you killed?”

“You saved me, Deku. You got me away from that...that hell . You accept me even though I’m this hideous monster. You gave me something I never imagined I could’ve had.”

Katsuki walked up to the Omega, tilting his chin until they locked eyes.

“I wouldn’t trade anything in the world for you. You showed me how it felt to love, and be loved, and that’s something I can never repay you for.”

“You don’t need to repay me. I fell in love with you not because I wanted to prove anything, but because I couldn’t help myself. And you’re not a monster, you’re my everything. I don’t know how I ever lived without you.”

“I don’t know either.”

The two pressed their foreheads against each others, breathing slow and deep, and for a second it felt like their heartbeats connected, beating as one.

“I love you, Kacchan.”

Chapter 11: UPDATE

Chapter Text

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting for so long. To be honest, I've lost some of my motivation for this story because my style has changed a lot since I started writing it and I don't like how I've done it. That being said, I am not abandoning this story, I just wanted to let you know that I'm struggling to write it.

I'll keep trying to get the next chapter up and thank you all for your patience, and again, I'm really sorry!

Chapter 12: Found

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

When Izuku woke up his head was groggy and he didn’t recognise where he was. A slight haze surrounded his vision and everything was so bright

“Kacchan?”

Izuku rubbed his eyes, blinking as he tried to fully wake up. He turned to the Alpha beside him only to find the space cold and empty一he’d been gone for a while. Suddenly last night came back to him, his vision whitening, muscles going lax. 

“Mama? Mom is that you?”

“My baby!”

Izuku turned around to see his mother sitting in a field of sunflowers, hair dancing in the wind, smile beaming like the sun. He froze for a second before his face crumpled and he ran into her arms. Tears were falling down his cheeks like waterfalls before he could stop them.

“Mom! Mom, I’ve missed you so much!”  

“I know. I know.”

They held each other like they were the only things in the world. When the Omega calmed down, he leaned back to look his mother in her eyes.

“Are you okay? Is that Alpha treating you well? How are the pups?”

“I’m fine, mom. I’m fine. Kacchan...he’s doing his best. Honestly, sometimes I get scared I made the wrong decision. I was supposed to find the cure for everyone, I was their last hope.” Izuku babbled, suddenly unable to stop himself from spewing his guts, “Now, I’m really not in any condition to be hiking mountains and risking my life. I was okay with whatever happened when it was just me...but it’s not anymore. I just, did I do the right thing?”

“Of course一”

His mother was cut off when they heard rustling in the trees beside them. 

“Come now, he’s here.” 

She took his hand and led him into the bushes, looking into a clearing. They waited, minutes passing before someone finally stepped forward.

“It’s not safe here anymore. We need to move.”

“Don’t you understand,” one of the men whipped around, “it’s going to follow us no matter where we go. We’ve angered the Gods, this isn’t a location thing, it’s a curse.”

“That’s not possible. We’ve一”

“This is not up for discussion. I’m going.”

“Chief, don’t do this. If you don’t come back, who's going to lead us?”

“You are.”

“I-I can’t do that. I’m not trained and一”

“Listen to me carefully now, we don’t have much time. I must leave by sunrise一it was in the prophecy. ‘It’s in the stars. Seek the mountain. There you will find the answer.’ I must go and put an end to this, before it’s too late.”

“We need you here. Why can’t you send someone else? Any of the other warriors?”

“It’s my duty. This is not up for debate. Lead them well, I know you will, Hisashi.”

The name clanged through Izuku like a wave crashing onto the shore. Father…

“Izuku, listen to me carefully.”

The Omega slowly turned to face his mother.

“They’re coming. You need to leave, now, before it’s too late. Find the mountain. It’s been done before. You can fix this, you have to. I love you baby. I love you so, so much.”

No, don’t go! He didn’t understand what he had to do. He’d searched and searched but found nothing! He reached out, trying to grasp his mother’s hand as she caressed his cheek. 

“I love you…”

Izuku took a shuddering breath, trying to refocus on the world around him. The disease, it’d been here before. How was that possible? His father had been the chief of the Wolf tribe… If it’d been here before, so recently, why was it back? Something was missing. There was something he wasn’t getting. Maybe...maybe it hadn’t been his father? Maybe they’d just shared the same name? He should ask Kacchan, he’d know something about it. Kacchan...just thinking of the Alpha gave Izuku a headache. Be careful who you trust . His mother’s word echoed in his head. What if she was talking about him? He hardly knew the man...surely he couldn’t trust him? Love him? But he did...was this love? Was he imaging this all? What if… The questions swum around his head, pounding him from all angles. He didn’t even recognize someone had come up beside him until there was a hand on his shoulder. 

“You’re up.”

Izuku all but jumped out of his skin, hair rising where the Alpha’s touch brushed against his skin. 

“H-Hey!”

“Hungry?”

“Sure am! Why don’t we get something to eat? I’ll look for some berries一”

“Already got something.”

Kacchan snaked his arms around the Omega, palms resting flat on his stomach as he waited for something. The pup’s not awake right now , he wanted to say, but instead he stammered out, “O-Oh, great!”

“You okay? You sound...strange.”

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me. Just a weird dream is all!”

“If you say so.”

“Hey, Kacchan?”

“Mmm,” the Alpha replied, helping Izuku to his feet as they walked the small distance to the lake.

“...have you ever heard of soulmates?”

“You mean those shitty stories our parents used to tell us when we were pups?”

“Yeah. Do you believe in them?”

“Course not. You fuckin’ serious?”

“God, Kacchan. Why do you have to act so exasperated over everything?!”

“The fuck are you going on about? Is this some hormonal shit?”

Izuku felt like steam was literally coming out his ears. He scrunched his face up and bared his small fangs, spitting a “I’m going for a walk,” before walking off in the other direction. He couldn't’ believe the nerve of that damn Wolf! It wasn’t like he’d asked a stupid question, soulmates could be a real thing. It would explain why he felt so connected to the Alpha despite only knowing him for such a short period of time. That and the fact that he got pregnant during his first heat with someone he wasn’t even mated to. Regardless, there was no point in wasting time fussing about it. He’d just cool off and then go back and apologize. He hadn’t meant to lose his cool and snap. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, taking in the glorious serenity of the forest around him. Everything felt at peace, the cool wind on his arms, the butterflies in his stomach as his pup moved around, the birds chirping away in the trees. Then, out of nowhere, his eyes flew open and his stomach lurched as a trickling sense of dread slowly crept on his skin. If he concentrated hard enough, he could smell a scent he could place. The only thoughts in his head were, bad, wrong, get away. Then, the birds stopped singing. Everything was dead silent, the air almost static in his ears. Before a single thought even crossed his mind, his legs were moving, carrying him on a wistful path to an unknown location. And he let them.


Katsuki bolted up, head whipping from side to side as he tried to find the source of the scent he recognised deep in his gut. It permeated through the air, sending panic shooting through him like a poisoned arrow. Deku . He didn’t even bother gathering their things before he was running through the thicket the way he’d seen the Omega storm off. I knew I shouldn’t have let him go off by himself. I didn’t mean what I said. Fuck, I should’ve just kept my mouth shut. I have to get to him before they do. I have to. Branches snagged on his clothes while thorns dug into his cheeks and arms, slicing them open, but he didn’t have time to care. He could smell his mate, the scent mixed with an emotion the Wolf couldn’t place. It was getting stronger. He was getting closer. He was going to make it. He一

“Deku!” He roared, sprinting the last bit to close the distance between them.

“Kacchan. Kacchan! I found it! I found the mountain! We were right next to it all along. I was so stupid, I can’t believe I didn’t understand what my mother was saying!”

“Deku, Deku I need you to listen to me. They’re here. They’ve found me. I can’t be with you, I need to go.”

“What...what are you talking about?”

“It’s too dangerous. For both you and the pup. You need to continue on your mission. I’ll lead them away. When it’s safe again, I’ll find you. Do you understand me?”

“No I一” the Omega’s voice broke, “I want you to stay! Please, you can’t leave me. Not again.”

“I’m sorry. I have to.”

“You don’t! Please, stay with me. I need you. We need you, Kacchan.”

“Don’t you see? I’m going to get you killed. I一” Katsuki sniffed the air, heart hammering as the achingly familiar smell drew closer,  “they’re coming, I don’t have much time. Here, use this to mask your scent. They won’t be able to track you.”

Katsuki scooped up some mud in his palms and smeared it over the Omega’s neck, then wrists. He was about to draw back when small hands circled around his own, tugging him closer.

“Please, Kacchan. I can’t do this without you. I’m sorry about what I thought earlier. I was wrong. You’re the only person in this world who I can trust.”

“Let go, Deku. We’re running out of time.”

“No! Please, please I’ll do anything! I’m begging you, don’t leave me.”

Let me go.

Katsuki’s gaze flittered up to meet Deku’s and the sight was heart wrenching. Tears spilled from his beautiful, big, green eyes falling to the forest floor. Deep inside the Alpha’s heart he felt something break, a small piece of his soul detach from him and drift over to his rightful counterpart.

“I’m sorry.”

Turning around, Katsuki raced through the trees, abandoning the Omega. He found every instinct his body was currently screaming at him. He had to do this. It was the right thing to do, the only thing he could do. Then, erupting through the trees was a high pitched wail, piercing through every bone in his body. His entire being lurched, the noise calling him back to Deku’s side. He had to physically stop himself from running back. No, no don’t call them over. He had to think fast, gathering the last of his mental strength to tilt his head to the sky and howl一the pack call he always used back home. Hardly three minutes had passed before a deep voice whispered directly into his ear.

“Found you.”

Katsuki spun around and came face to face with his former best friend.

“Eijiro…”

The redhead laughed, smirking at Katsuki as two other members of his tribe came out of the bushes.

“Do you know how long we’ve been tracking you for? Ares , you really know how to hide yourself, don’t you?”

“What,” the Alpha panted, “the fuck are you doing here?”

“I was ordered by the Chief. You ran away, Katsuki. You一”

Eijiro cut himself off, frowning as he took a step closer towards the blonde. He tilted his head, sniffing Katsuki’s neck, cringing slightly at what he found.

“What is that scent ?”

“The fuck’re you talking about,” Katsuki growled back. He had to play dumb. He couldn’t risk anyone finding out he’d been with Deku.

“It smells like a bred Omega.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“It’s him . You ran away with the mage, didn’t you? Where is he?”

“He’s gone. We got separated moons ago. I don’t know what the fuck happened to him or where he is.”

Liar . I can smell him on you. Fresh.”

“You better watch your mouth. I am still the Chief Warrior.”

“Not anymore you're not. You left the tribe. You’re an outcast now.”

“I left to help save the Wolves, and when I return I will explain and be understood.”

“If you get the chance.”

“I will .”

The two glared at each other, minutes ticking by before Eijiro’s features softened. He looked almost sorrowful.

“Why’d you leave?”

“I had no fucking choice.”

“You could have let me come with you. I told you leaving would only end badly.”

“I didn’t have a choice , Eijiro. I was going to be killed for fuck’s sake. And the worst part is, I don’t even know if it would’ve fixed the curse.”

“So you chose him? You chose him over me?”

“It wasn’t about choosing someone. I did what I had to do to survive.”

“You’re in love with him.” 

It wasn’t a question. Even if it was, Katsuki didn’t have the answer.

“It’s your pup that he’s carrying.”

The Alpha stood there, words unable to form as he tried to figure out a way to say what he needed to.

“So yes, Katsuki. You did choose him over me, because I’ve loved you since we were pups.”


Izuku needed to stop crying, but the tears just kept flowing out, each one dripping to the ground. He didn’t know who had come, but the Alpha’s voice had been so full of panic, he knew he wasn’t joking. He had to find him, but his legs wouldn’t move. He was rooted to the ground, mud slowly drying on his skin. Deep inside he knew what he had to do. He knew he needed to turn around and find a way up the steep cliff, make it to the top of the mountain and find the cure. He knew he had to leave the blonde behind. But wasn’t that always going to happen? Hadn’t this always been something he’d have to do on his own? He hadn’t even gotten to say goodbye. His heart ached, and he took a step towards where Kacchan had left, only to squeeze his eyes shut and force himself the other way. His entire being fought against the movement, his soul calling out to the one who left him. Tears streamed down his face, his heart shattering like broken glass. He placed a hand on the cool, smooth cliff rock, an electric shock vibrating through his body. He saw it. He saw everything . Quickly retracting his hand, he clutched his chest, suddenly finding it very hard to breathe. This couldn’t be right. Surely there was a mistake. Deep down, however, he found he always knew it would come to this. A wave of calm rushed over him, stilling his nerves. He had to go back. He couldn’t leave Kacchan behind. He was stupid to ever have doubted his instincts. Different tribes or not they were meant to be together. Something about the Alpha had called out to Izuku from the very beginning. He knew going back would be selfish. He knew it was only to satisfy his want to see the Alpha one last time. But still, he ran, following the scent trail Kacchan had left behind. His stomach twinged, and a shock of pain raced up his spine but he didn’t have time to think about it. Through the bushes, into the daylight, Izuku sprinted. Then there was panting in his ears, footsteps thudding beside him. Turning his head, he swore he saw two wolves, running next to him. They glowed, shining the way for him. He heard voices in an upcoming clearing. I’m coming, Kacchan. 

Izuku burst through the trees, straight into a fight. Two people were tumbling on the ground, stuck together. Biting. Scratching. Howling. He couldn’t discern one from the other. His heart was hammering, pheromones instantly exploding into the air. What was happening? Who were they? Why were they attacking Kacchan? He had to do something, but he was rooted to the spot. He felt the cry build up in his lungs before it tore through his throat. Both Alphas immediately stopped fighting, instead turning to face Izuku. Dread trickled through his veins as the heat was on him. The redhead took the opportunity, snapping his attention back to Kacchan and throwing a hard punch to the side of the blonde’s face before scrambling up to Izuku. The Omega retreated until he was cowering with his back against a tree. The Alpha towered over him, fangs bared and dripping with what Izuku assumed was Kacchan’s blood. 

“So you’re the Omega.”

Izuku’s eyes widened, hands stretching over his stomach protectively as he revealed his own tiny fangs in response. The Alpha eyed him up and down, nose pinching in disgust. 

“Why you ? Why did he have to choose you?”

The Omega squeaked, unable to find a path to escape.

“It was supposed to be us . It would’ve been, if you hadn’t come into the picture.”

The man leaned down, fangs inches from Izuku’s face.

“This is all your fault. I一” 

The redhead didn’t get to finish his sentence as he was whacked to the side, falling to the ground with a loud thump.

“Don’t touch him.”

Izuku crumpled to the ground, feeling completely gone in his legs as his partner knelt down in front of him.

What are you doing here ?!”

“I一 I,” the Omega stammered.

“I thought I told you to leave! You’ve put both of us in danger by coming back here.”

“I had to come back! I couldn’t leave you behind.”

“I said I’d find you. I said一”

Kacchan was on the floor again as the redhead got up and slammed into him. Izuku just got up and stood there watching, unable to do anything as the two brutally ripped each other apart. He didn’t know how long it went on for. Nails dug into supple flesh. Bodies were slammed against trees. Teeth sunk into skin. Izuku felt like he was going to be sick. Then it was over, Kacchan sitting on top of a redhead, straddling his hips, panting harshly. He slowly got up and walked over to Izuku, slumping down in front of him.

“You...dumbass.”

Izuku knelt down, tears dripping down his face as he examined the Alpha’s wounds.

“Kacchan, you一you’re hurt.”

“Yeah, no shit.”

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I know you told me to stay away but I couldn’t leave you.”

“I said we’d see each other again. After you found the cure at the top of the mountain. It was right there, Deku.” 

“I just had to see you one last time.”

“You could’ve gotten yourself killed.”

“I know.”

“Eijiro’s strong.”

“I know.”

“I could’ve lost you. Both of you.”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

Kacchan struggled to get up, limping to where he’d left the other Alpha. He pressed a kiss to his hand, holding it to ‘Eijiro’s’ head, and whispered, “forgive me” before walking back over to Izuku.

“Come on. Let’s go before they wake up.”

The Omega followed wordlessly behind the Wolf, head to the ground as shame flowed through his body. He could’ve seriously gotten Kacchan or himself hurt. He hadn’t even thought about the consequences, he'd just barged straight in. They walked and walked, trying to put as much distance between them as possible. They stopped at a river along the way to rinse themselves, attempting to hopefully get rid of some of their smell. Kacchan didn’t speak the entire time, leaving Izuku a muttering, jumble of nerves. Was he really that mad with him? Surely he was just upset. He hadn’t meant to cause trouble, he just wanted to say goodbye. Then when his feet were aching, clothes thoroughly drenched in sweat, they finally stopped. They’d been walking along the edge of the mountain’s wall until night had fallen. 

“Why are we stopping?”

“We’ll sleep here tonight.”

His answer was short and curt.

“Okay…”

They set up deep in the forest trying to shelter themselves as much as possible but still have an escape route to use if necessary. 

“I really am sorry, Kacchan. I didn’t一”

The Deer’s words were muffled as he was suddenly surrounded with a smokey, caramel scent, weight heavy on his chest. 

“Don’t ever do that again. I was so worried you were going to get hurt. Please, I can’t go back to how things were without you.”

Izuku’s heartstring tugged hard at the thought of what he’d have to do. But he let himself live the little lie, for the last time.

“I won’t. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

They held each other, night air clinging to their skin. Kacchan hadn’t taken his hand off the Omega’s stomach, fingers splayed as if he was trying to protect as much of it as humanly possible. They nibbled on the dried meat Iida had packed for them until they eventually drifted off under the stars, holding tight onto one another.

The Omega shifted in his sleep, disturbed as he groggily opened his eyes. He looked to his side and found Kacchan still passed out, face scrunched up with worry. That’s when he heard it.  Something was calling out to him like a siren’s voice. Izuku carefully slipped out of the Alpha’s grip, shuffling towards the sound. It was the mountain. The mountain was singing to him.

Notes:

hii everyone (。-ω-)ノ
i'm so sorry for the however many month wait for this chapter
as i already explained in the update, i lost motivation for this story and didn't like how i'd written the previous chapters 。゚(*´□`)゚。
that being said, i really wanted to finish it and give a conclusion, so here we are
i think i'll probably wrap in up in the next two chapters or so
thank you to everyone who commented and gave me some sense of motivation and to those who stuck around!!
i hope you at least somewhat like it ahaha (._.)

Series this work belongs to: