Actions

Work Header

(John: fuck it all up) Houseswapped

Chapter 13: Dave: crash

Chapter Text

Dave feels himself get drowsy as they leave the rooftop. The explosions doesn't seem to keep him from nodding off either, which is pretty freaking fantastic considering how loud they are. He brings himself and the human douche in tow towards the ground. The human douche struggles out of his grip before he sticks a perfect face first landing into the ground. The point of view shifts as he blacks out.

Bro lands on his feet a few meters away from Dave. He slowly walk up to the unconscious boy, kneels down in front of him. The boy sleeps like a baby in front of him. Bro draws his sword. It'd be too easy to strike the kid down right this instance. He angles the blade down to the sleeping boys neck. A shadow pass from above. His blade clash with a twin and he takes a step back. The creature growl at him and Bro grits his teeth in annoyance.

He's walking into something hard repeatedly, a grey concrete wall to be specific. He slowly float back to examine the wall. It's just a normal wall with a simple door further away. He doesn't have to look down to know he's in his fancy night walk suit.

He floats over to the panel, because he might as well explore the place until he wakes up. The doors open with a 'pshh' and a baby crawls towards him. "Wow there, space is not baby proof" he says, scooping the little gal up. Now with a closer look he can see that it resembles John quite a bit.

Speaking of John, another John look alike comes running down the hall. He looks bewildered at the sight of Dave. "..." this John cools his expression like there's only one thing to do. John cleanch the bunny plush in his hand and walks towards them.

"???" The bunny is thrust into the baby's arms and she squeals. John starts tearing up as she reach her little hands out for him. Suddenly he has handed the baby over to John. John looks so joyful in that moment that Dave finds it uncanny. "..."

"..." they look at each other in silence. "So that was pretty weird huh?" John says awkwardly. Dave nods his head. "Have you ever seen Con Air?"

"I have not"

"Aw man, that's too bad! I think you'd like it. Nick Cage is great in it"

"I don't know who that is, but I can add it to my watch list I guess"

"You won't regret it!" John side glances towards the corridor he came from. "Do you want to see the lab? I can show you how everything works..."

Dave turns to peek outside. The wintery cold void burns red in his eyes. "Yes please"

John seems relieved to hear that and starts walking towards the lab. He tells Dave about how he created the little lady in his arms with ectobiology while they make their way through the high tech lab. If Dave hadn't been so wasted through his childhood he would've remembered what everything was about from his mothers lab.

There are more children in the lab. They're clambering stuff, clinging onto animals and biting stuff they shouldn't bite. Dave can see Lil Cal with a blond baby. He hates that puppet with passion.

"Are you even listening, because I feel like you aren't listening" John says with a furrowed brow. Dave smiles apologetically.

"I'm sorry, can you explain that again?"

"only if you promise to listen this time."

"I promise"

Before John can say anything one of the control panels light up. It's connected to a rusty machine that looks like it has never been used. Dave floats over to it, pressing a button that feels oddly familiar, like he has done it a thousand times before. John walks up behind him as the machine whirrs to life and some ectoslime fill the containers.

"looks like you don't need my help after all..." John says watching four kids be created at the alchimazation platform. The ectoslime chambers fill up with two ectobiological DNA sludges each. His own DNA is combined with Jades grandpas, Rose's with her moms, Dave with his bro's and Jade with his nanna. The combined ectoDNA is settled in a base mold of him and his friends. It makes the Dave besides him a Rose and Rose's mom shaped like a Dave. Whatever a Dave shape might be.

"Thank you for showing me around John"

Did John tell this Dave his name? He isn't sure he did. "You're welcome. I should probably be sending off these babies now..."

Dave keels over. John rushes towards the still floating body in a starteled manner. Daves body straightens, though still sagging like a beanbag. It starts walking towards the exit with purpose. John follows to open the door. "Uh, see you later I guess... Nice meeting you" John say. "Oh, and don't forget to watch the movie!"

Dave is brutually shaken awake. Bro is bent over him, katana clashing with Bec Noirs sword. The beastly dog guy is flashing bright lime light above them. Dave encase the sweaty man in his arms and run time forwards a couple minutes.

Bros heart beats fast with adrenaline when he remove Daves arms from his waist. His stupid anime shades are crooked and his yellow eyes can be seen darting around before landing on Dave. They narrow, his jawline hardening.

"What is really going on?"