Actions

Work Header

We Could Be Home

Summary:

After Rhys and Fiona open the vault they are locked in a sea of purple and flashing lights. Many months after the being trapped they find themselves growing more intimate with each other, Fiona having developing some sort of feeling towards Rhys.

Soon after their new formed "relationship" they come across an eridian like being, the being assures them that it can take them home and it does.

Once home the pair grow distant, Fiona feeling betrayed while Rhys moves on with the excuse of "I didn't mean to I just get attached easily." Fiona finds solace in the arms of someone who is unexpected, August, to show her kindness and love.

Notes:

I have a very crackheaded ship of August/Fiona so bear with me y'all, I don't know why but I just feel like they could fit together yknow?

I really hope that some of y'all can enjoy this because I'm gonna try my hardest to make this a good fic and not flop like all my other ones.
Love y'all <3 -Adri

Chapter 1: Marooned In Purple

Chapter Text

It had been so long since Fiona had seen Sasha, so long since her and Rhys had seen any of their friends. She had gotten all of her panic out when they were first teleported to this place. She still wasn't use to it though, she missed home.

"I think we need to take a rest." Was what broke the silence. Fiona looked over at Rhys and arched a brow. "Why? If we stop moving now we'll just waste more time than we already have." She retorted while smoothing out her hair.

"Well considering that we've been gone for.. how long, a month or 2? We should be fine to rest. Besides, I know all this purple is hurting your eyes." Rhys chuckled lightly and sat down on what Fiona assumed was the ground.

It was hard to tell what was what anymore. Everything was just one cast open space of beaming purple and occasionally passing by lights. There were no trees, no bushes, no walls, no floors, no sky, no sun, no moon. There was only purple and lights. Pandora wasn't the greatest thing ever but she sure as hell missed seeing the stars at night.

She sighed and sat down next to Rhys, scooting closer for warmth. She also missed the warmth of Pandora, the prison which held her and Rhys was so cold. He wrapped an arm around her and rested his cheek on her head.

"Do you think they're worried about us?" Fiona asked. She knows Sasha is worried like crazy, probably trying her hardest to get them back." I hope so, I'd be pretty bummed out if they weren't." Fiona nods at Rhys's response.

"We should try and sleep so we can keep moving er- tomorrow? How do we count days in here again?" The question confused the both of them. Previously they had just counted the lights as signaling when days would begin, they counted that theory as false when the lights became erratic and off schedule.

"No idea Rhys, let's just try to get some sleep. Maybe that'll help clear our mind." Fiona said, laying down on the cold purple space below them.

Rhys tugged her closer as he joins her. Fiona feels her cheeks grow hot at the gesture, she hopes he's only doing this for warmth. Yet deep down she knows she wants it to be romantic, wants it to be sweet and loving like a relationship.

She takes a quick glance up at Rhys and let's an exhale of relief when she sees that his eyes are already close. Fiona closes her eyes as well and tries to ignore the fluttering feeling that rocks her body and makes her heart race.

She convinces herself to fall asleep in Rhys' arms and manages to tell herself that it is strictly platonic cuddling.