Actions

Work Header

If Only a Hero had Stopped

Chapter 4: Chapter 4

Notes:

So here is the new chapter sorry it took so long I have been super busy and have a full-time job right now for the summer that is keeping me super busy and on top of that I also have two college classes that have all the work of a 16-week class shoved into 6 weeks for each. I am trying to keep up with at the same time, so please be patient with me! I am planning on finally working on Not the Place I was Hoping for next, so I hope everyone is ready and excited! This chapter ended up being 7262 words long without the author's notes!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Start Chapter 4

Harry was as close to feeling proud of himself as he had been in ages. He had managed to make himself interact with a few of the students in class and had answered several questions pertaining to a hypothetical criminal capture in a way that he thought Erasurehead would prefer. Present Mic had promised Harry if he did well that day that they would eat what he had been allowed to pick for dinner once Recovery Girl gave the okay. He was so excited! Harry was being so so good, there was no way that Mic wouldn't let him pick! Then maybe he would also purr and pet his hair nicely too!

"Harrison, we're going to go visit someone." Erasurehead barked quite suddenly a few minutes before class was scheduled to end.

Harry nodded agreeably, eager to get his restrictions on eating taken off. He forced himself not to grimace when the man called to the purple-haired snake as well, but he wouldn't let that sour his mood. He smiled at the other boy because that was the response he knew they would like most…. Harry forced his eyes not to linger, not to let himself lash out. They wouldn't like that and he would probably be forced to take a bunch of pills again. He hated those pills. They made him feel so sick and so so tired and confused. He never wanted to take them again! He felt like a prisoner in his own body with those ones. He was so glad he had learned how to convince them the new pills were working so well. They didn't really, not that well with his quirk so reluctant to tolerate anything that messed with him physically or mentally.

This wasn't the way to get to recovery girl's medibay, Harry realized not long after leaving the classroom. They weren't going towards the counseling office either. Maybe she was somewhere else on campus at the time? An obscure teacher's lounge, perhaps? Harry nearly yelped when he heard a loud bang behind a door they had stopped in front of.

"Aizawa dear, come on in."

"Recovery girl, Powerloader. Principal," Erasurehead said, nodding politely at the small group.

Walking in… Harry suddenly felt… unnerved. What was going on? Midnight, Ectoplasm, and Inui were there too. All with serious looks on their faces. Harry tensed up, anxiety nearly choking him. They all were staring him down. Did they figure it out?

A dark-haired man Harry didn't recognize, walked forward, smiling encouragingly at Harry. "Hello there, long… time no see…. It's uh… been decided that you're now in good enough shape to have… a bit of a conversation with... Would you like to sit down?" The man awkwardly asked, walking over to a couch and patted the cushion next to himself.

Harry paled, he knew this man.. Though he wasn't sure what he meant with the long time no see, comment. Dad had shown him a picture of him once and told him to stay clear of him. He may have been deemed good in his father's eyes, but the detective could never understand the good that he was doing. This man had a dangerous quirk. A powerful lie-detecting quirk. Harry didn't want to be there. He was trying to trick him! They had all tricked him, lied to him, trapped him! Harry forced himself not to lash out. He was scared they might decide he needed to… wear… gloves, like when he was little. He didn't ever want that to happen, never ever!

Harry eyed Aizawa, pleading for him not to force him to talk that man.

"I know this is out of routine, but this is important. You need to tell the detective about your time with the league." Aizawa said, carefully running his fingers through Harry's unruly hair.

Harry shook his head, "No, I want to go back. I want to go back to the classroom!"

"Don't you want to help people?" The detective pressed, tone gentle.

Harry tensed, unable to help himself as he wrapped his arms around his torso, anxiety caused by all of those eyes on him… though the idea that the man may pick up on what he was planning wasn't helping either. He shook his head, "No! I-I want to go home! 'Zashi said I just had to go to Recovery girl today- Thursdays we get up at 5:45 I have my medicine and I have my runny eggs with broth and little bits of fish and then at 7:15 we leave to come to the school and-and 'Zashi makes me Mint tea, so my stomach feels better and then class starts at 8:32 because you get back from cleaning up the GYM after helping Hi-Hitoshi train." Harry bit his lip, trying not to let his tears free.

"I have my class with Hizashi, then Math, after that we go eat lunch in the lounge and then I go to Recovery girl, then back to History… Then I have counseling. Class starts at 1:55. I have homework from 1:15 until then. He isn't supposed to be here. Sundays are when new things happen. It's not-It's, not Sunday! Recovery girl sees me at 12:48 then History starts at 1:55. He isn't supposed to be here!" Harry insisted rapid fire. Refusing to listen to the others trying to placate him, yanking at a wrinkle in his undershirt.

Harry would never get out of there if that man talked to him! He wanted Dabi and Harry wanted Tomura and he wanted to stop feeling confused and sick and strange from those pills even if he didn't feel so terrified and anxious anymore and his thoughts felt sharper…. More controlled and came easier now, he hated it. They made him have bad thoughts about his dad and the others, doubts, and Harry didn't want them. He didn't want to think those things. Stain had done what was right! He got rid of all of the false prophets of hope and justice! Stain was helping people and they took him away! Harry couldn't stay here. He couldn't, not with these horrible monsters that pretended that they cared about him. That said, he was sick in the head, but they did things to his head that felt so horribly wrong!

"Hey, calm down, it's okay. I know it's not Sunday. I know but… Tsukauchi can't come then. He's busy on Sundays. We have a few more minutes of free time. Do you think that you could try to talk to him even if just a little bit?" Aizawa asked, patting Harry carefully on the head.

Harry shook his head. "I want to go!" Harry insisted, afraid just being in the room with the lie-detecting man would give him away. Harry had never been one to lie all that well, after all.

"I would appreciate it if you didn't harass my new ward. He's already messed up in the head enough and what you are doing isn't helping things. And where the hell are his restraints? I'm not going to have him killing someone while we're out in public because he's unstable." An intimidating snarl of a man's voice snapped.

Harry froze as a giant of a man stomped into the room, arms crossed and covered in flame. Trying not to cringe at his words. He had been the one to, grimace, encourage the man after all.

"Harrison Black, come now. We are leaving here." Endeavor snapped.

Harry froze up, doing his best to remind himself that he couldn't flip out on the monster in front of him. Harry dug his nails into his arms. Shaking as unwanted memories rushed back, making him queasy. Shoto screams of agony as his mother held him down, Endeavor beating her within an inch of her life for damaging his 'masterpiece'. That night played on repeat in Harry's head. That man was an abomination. His death would have been the crowned jewel in Stain's collection of slain corruption. The sight of the man alone snapped Harry's headspace from the foggy confusion and longing that being with the Yamada-Aizawa's caused to the crisp, sharp understanding that the side that he had picked was the right one. If that monster was still allowed to roam after what he did… than… maybe that wasn't right. Maybe Stain would have to do something about that.

"Excuse me?" Aizawa growled, reaching to pull Harry to himself.

"I'm the only kin that pup has left. The laws regarding his O dominant typing may be archaic, but they still count. I may not be closely related, but the Todoroki lines are the only relatives left of the prestigious Black clan, meaning that I can gain custody of him." Endeavor growled, even as he smirked self importantly at the other man.

"I'm….. I may have been…. orphaned but…. you're actually, incorrect. I recently found out that I'm the son of a third cousin of Sirius Black…. I'm Harrison's closest living relative." Aizawa quietly admitted with finality to his tone, carefully pulling the stunned boy into his arms.

Endeavor snorted, "You're a bastard than. It doesn't matter. I had a claim on him years ago. When my wife went mad, I felt that it was safer to let him go back into foster care until my wife was taken away. It seems that it wasn't my best choice with how he turned out." The man said, grimacing and giving Harry a pointed look.

Harry remembered how irritated the man would get, ranting about how Sirius had ruined him. The man had been more than a little angry about his attachment to foolish Hitoshi to. Insisting that, He wouldn't put up with that behavior in his home. Harry had been glad when the man had given up on him as a lost cause. Useless and broken.

"Exactly, that's why you shouldn't have custody. The way you treated and handled him…. You weren't willing to put in the commitment in raising him." Inui spoke up, clear judgment on his part.

"It doesn't matter what you think. I have the paperwork from Children's services. He's a danger and shouldn't be in school. Harrison will be homeschooled and I will be bringing Shoto home on the weekends so they may reacquaint with each other, just as the boy wants."

Harry forced himself not to grin. He felt strangely sad and guilty over what he had done. Erasurehead smelled so sad and hurt, protective, confused… even though he had done such horrible things to Harry. He gritted his teeth, like trying to force a parent bond with Harry. Endeavor was his ticket back to freedom. Away from these hovering vultures. From the few short months, Harry had been forced to live with the man when he was 6, maybe 7 years old… he remembered Endeavor never being home, unless it was to 'train' Shoto by beating the ever-living hell out of the poor boy or sometimes to sleep, meaning he wouldn't be home long. He knew that Endeavor would bark orders at him and thought that Harry would listen because the man thought he had total control of everything around him. He was a far more aggressive and dominant A dominant typing than most, a typing known for their desire to fight nearly constantly. It would be easy to leave that place.

Endeavor had the stark opposite of Present Mic's A dominant typing who were typically known for being fantastic devoted mates and parents, were friendlier with people and who usually had low levels of aggression and nearly never participated in infidelity. In other words, his typing was considered to be quite the catch if you were interested in starting an extensive family. Unlike Endeavor's.

"It is legitimate, I'm afraid," Nedzu said after a few moments, reading through everything.

A grief-stricken look twisted up Erasurehead's usually stoic face. "He needs to stay with us, he trusts us! We've been working on a parental bond with him for the last few months!"

"What for? He's clearly going to need to be monitored for the rest of his miserable life, useless and futureless. You don't have the resources to deal with him. His parents ruined him and their incompetence turned him into a pitiful burden to society. If I had only gotten to him sooner…. Surely I could have made something special out of him. But… He was already a lost cause…. Broken by the time he got to me. It's a shame… I really think if those idiots had given him to me, he would have ended up quite brilliant, maybe even one to challenge my Shouto." Endeavor growled. Uncaring of the horrified looks and snarls he was getting from the others. Tsukauchi clearly was displeased with what he was saying, but what he had was as good as a certificate of ownership at that point. Honestly, getting all worked up like that, the truth was the truth, after all. Even the boy knew it before he also showed up at his home that he was a pitiful, shameful, beautifully pedigreed nothing.

Harry's mind was twisted, shattered at an age that even Endeavor could begrudgingly admit was at least somewhat forgivable to allow one's self to be weaker. After all, from what he had gotten out of the boy, Sirius had begun training him long before he had even thought it appropriate to start with his Shouto and more tortured the living hell out of Harry when he found out he was able to heal perfectly from injuries, than actually trained him. That man had destroyed what could have been his very own masterpiece. Maybe not like his Shouto but definitely something that could have shown brightly and made its way into one of the top 5 slots.

Those brilliant bloodlines, brains, and powerful quirk wouldn't go to waste, though. No, just as Endeavor had planned before. Harrison may have been twisted and broken, but his O dominant typing would slot quite well with his Shouto's particular A Dominant typing, who had shown quite a bit of liking if not possessive infatuation for the boy as a pup the little time that Harry had lived with them, (eagerly encouraged by Endeavor of course) even if Harry had shown absolutely no interest in his son in return. Nor had he even seemed to acknowledge any little bit of kindness or attempts on Endeavor's part to correct or parent him in any way. That wouldn't matter, he was sure things would change after some isolation and besides this time, he was confident things would work out.

Lovely Harrison and his creation would produce perfect offspring together and his Shouto may be able to get a bit of the wild-eyed boy's mind back about him to. Harry may have been a lost cause, but Endeavor suspected a lot of Harrison's mental problems were related and exasperated by the way he had been raised rather than things he had been born with. Harrison's typing was so very mentally fragile, especially as children, after all and he was no fool. It would be easy to get Harry equally as co-dependant and desperately clingy and loyal to himself and his son as that useless child he had cried over incessantly when small. He would take up the task of graciously guide this pitiful confused boy back into what little of his sanity he had left and this child would appreciate him for it.

That social worker of his had been a vile piece of work. Perfect for under the table manipulations. Endeavor should really thank her, not once, not twice, not even just three times, but four, four times that woman had done him some pretty significant favors now. Finding the boy, clearing his house, covering up for him about his own family, and now both passing his house for inspection and getting him these rather archaic, but useful papers giving rights of Harrison to him. The woman had done all of these things gladly for what amounted to pocket change to him.

Erasurehead swallowed hard. He tilted Harry's head and smoothed his fluffy loose bits of hair. "I…. guess you'll have to stay with Mr. Todoroki for a few days while I and 'Zashi get this all sorted out. It won't stand long after all." He said, giving the redhead, standing boredly, leaning against the door, frame a scathing look.

"I'll need his list of medications and we'll be on our way. His rooms are already aired for him back home and he doesn't need anything from your place." Endeavor grumbled snidely, holding out his hand and waving it impatiently at Recovery Girl as she quickly wrote everything down, also glaring daggers at the man. Everyone looked like they wanted to fight, to argue, but could already tell that it was pointless. The man wouldn't listen and after the words he had spouted, it wouldn't be hard to get Harry out of there.

"Let's go."

Harry complied without a word. Harry had to fight himself not to smile and scream in hateful anger all at the same time. Erasurehead wouldn't like either of those behaviors after all. He would make him take the extra horrible medicine. Endeavor would get angry that he was being loud; both options were scary.

000000000000000000000

"I see that you aren't wearing your gloves." Endeavor prompted.

"I don't wear gloves anymore. I… have better control of my quirk." Was Harrison's clipped anxious, answer.

"we're going to need a new pair to be made." The man said, leaving no room for argument as he curled his lip as the slightest sight of sparks ran over Harry's visible sweating palms.

Harry felt like his chest would burst from anxiety and fear when the man said those words, even if he wasn't planning on staying long, especially now.

"And stop with that quivering nonsense. A Hero should never cower!" Endeavor snarled. Hissing through his teeth, his eyes went to his phone as he answered a call.

Hero? That word. Hero… Hero-hero-H-H-HE-RO! From a filthy fake, a blasphemous barbaric heathen toating the flag of those that were righteous, that prayed at the altar of selfless judgment and self-sacrifice for the good of all, but themselves,! While that blood was soaking in, the blood of all but himself, even his own children's! Smiling from his throne of burned corpses carrying a miasma of putrid decaying rot that sunk into his flesh like a bloated pealing sponge of diseased skin! Why was this allowed to parade around the streets? This filthy vile BEAST!? Filthy filthy-He would-he needed to-

"Damn it! Get down and stay in the car, I'll be back in a minute!" Endeavor commanded, not even noticing the state his charge was in before bursting from the car right as a wall of jagged glass-like spikes smashed into a building nearby.

Hero-hero hero HeRO hero HERO?! WHY WHY WHY? His father was a real hero his hero his father was a hero! Why couldn't anyone else see? Why? Harry stared at his hands, why did he have to be caged up again when he had been behaving so well? He couldn't do it. He didn't want them. The helplessness. That suffocating feeling. Harrison flexed his hands. Why was everyone else but him… allowed to be happy? To not hurt or be scared? Why had he been so unloveable that a hero hadn't stopped for him? That Hitoshi abandoned him?

Harry was jerked from his thoughts as he was yanked from the car.

"What are you doing in that car? Are you trying to get yourself killed?" An alpha in a Death Arms themed hoodie grumbled. "You're lucky that a hero in training like me came across you our you would have been toast!"

Hero….. HERO….. again! Disgusting-putrid-

"Hey, are you alright?"

He need to get out of there. He needed Dabi! He wanted Tomura! Kurigiri, that's who he needed to talk to he-he- Harry needed a phone. He-that's what he needed!

"C-can I borrow your phone real quick?" Harry just managed to focus on asking.

"Yeah, of course! I'm sure this is on the news at this point, your family's probably freaking out." The other boy said, sounding almost excited, eyeing Harry's UA uniform pointedly, almost greedily, as he handed over his phone.

"Thanks," Harry barely managed, the urge to HURT that boy, almost unrestrainable at that point. He needed to get out of there before he did something that would have far too much focus on him.

Harry dialed in the number he knew by heart, nearly breaking down in tears when the familiar scratchy rasp of irritation hit his ears.

"Who the hell is this?"

"It-It's really you, right?" Harry sniffled, suddenly nearly choking as tears ran down his face. Relief hitting him like a bowling ball in the gut. "I was so scared!"

"H-Harrison? Is that-but… how?"

"Please! I can't-I I'm near that Mall, the one near the game store we went to that has the snack bar and the fish tank that takes up the back wall with the coral and-and sharks in it!" Harry babbled, desperate at that point.

"Okay-okay, calm down. Crispy and the lizard were helping to finish up some business a few miles from there, I'll get them to go pick you up. Get to the store, okay? Can you do that for me?"

"Y-Yeah! Okay…" Harry sniffled, rubbing at his eyes.

"Hey, uh…. I'm sorry, but I really need to head back… I'm going to be late for my internship…"

"I've… I've got to go now… The guy that-that's letting me borrow his phone's going to be late to-to his job."

"Tell him I don't give a shit! Har-"

Harry yelped as the phone was yanked from his hand.

"Hey, sorry about that! I'm Seto Kenji- uh I mean Low-Jab and you don't have to worry, I got uh… what's your name? Oh, well, you don't have to yell! Okay, Harrison, out of that fancy car before he could even get a scratch on him! He's totally fine, he's just lucky a great hero in training like me, got to him before anything happened… I totally saved his life! The car he was in got smashed up and everything! Anyways, I have to go to my hero internship. Sorry but I need my phone. Bye." The guy rubbed at his face, snorting.

"Wow, that… Brother? Of your's is kind of an ass hole, you know? Really rude. Some big shot 3rd year UA student or something?" The boy's face twisted up into a wicked grin. "Maybe he's just worried about his cute little omegan brother? I mean, your awfully pretty… one of the prettiest and nicest smelling Omega's I think I've ever met, I don't even recognize your typing, so you're unusual for sure, after all, and who knows what us lowly street alphas may try to do to his baby bother..?~ Yeah…. Take my number. We're going on a date! That's how you'll repay me!" The tall lanky boy insisted, eagerly pulling out a scrap piece of paper and a pen, scribbling down his number. "There ya' go beautiful!"

The look in the larger boy's eyes had Harry feeling sick. He couldn't help but to take a step back when the teen leaned in entirely too close.

"Maybe, you'll give your savior a kiss to?" The teen smirked, he jerked back and instantly paled when his phone started ringing with some sort of catchy sounding tv soundtrack Harry was sure he should have been familiar with, maybe had even heard once or twice…. He was nearly certain actually, but didn't recognize, television just spread hero commission propaganda after all. "S-S-SIR! Sorry, sir! I got caught in the middle of a fight between Endeavor and some villains….. I promise, I pulled a guy out of a car! I swear sir!" The teen all but shouted, anxiously doing his best to not upset his mentor worse than he apparently already had. If the shouting on the other end was anything to go by. The teen turned, giving Harry a flustered look, clearly embarrassed.

It was the perfect time to get out of there, especially with the sounds of a fight dying down. Harry needed to get out of there as soon as possible if he wanted any chance at all of getting away from the worst monster of all of Japan in the massive grouping of the false heroes. Tears prickled at Harry's eyes at the thought of even being near that man again. He couldn't wait to see the others again. They were nice to him and didn't hurt him, not like the heroes had!

Harry was quick to yank his smuggled scarf from his book bag and slipped into the nearby ally. It was ridiculous that he even had to smuggle out his own capture scarf! Harry eagerly wrapped it around his shoulders, instantly feeling more secure. Tears nearly prickled at his eyes when the scent of Stain hit his nose for the first time in months. Harry nuzzled his face into the little scented tassel the man had insisted on having added to the scarf when he had gotten it made for Harry.

Harry whimpered as he forced himself to move away faster. He eagerly rubbed the alpha's scent into his neck and face as his anxiety spiked at all of the unfamiliar scents around him. He was so so lonely now! Harry hated being alone more than just about anything. Being alone was so scary! His thoughts-they it was too much when he was alone! Harry couldn't help but wish that Present Mic was there he was always talked so nicely to him and brushed his hair until he fell asleep after the nightmares were too much. He was even going to let him pick dinner because he said he, defective, unlovable, Harry was being such a good pup! It made him so so happy to hear! Harry easily got swept away into the memories of the past week. Trying his best not to focus on the then and now.

Wednesday was shopping day, so he got to pick what he wanted then! Harry had been both nervous and excited and so very very happy when they had decided a few weeks prior that he could start coming on little errands with the family. Before then, either Present Mic or Erasurehead would stay home with him while the silver-tongued snake went with the other. Harry had gotten an allowance for cleaning on Monday morning. That was a new routine started the week before and he was allowed to spend it on something at the store. It was rather pitiful for his age, but Harry had never gotten an allowance before and he was pretty proud of having his own money. He had liked the praise he was given by both, Erasurehead and Present Mic…. It made him feel… like-like he might not be-. Harry forced that feeling away and focused on climbing the fire escape at the end of the ally.

At least they had him do something constructive that Harry already had enjoyed focusing his nervous energy on anyways. After years of cleaning up buckets worth of blood, he could say with certainty that he was really very good at making everything perfectly spotless! He got a dollar a day for helping keep the house tidy and then an extra $10 for helping organize Present Mic's studio and another $20 for helping him clean up the garage. Harry had $44 with him on the trip the day before.

Harry had found a thick and fluffy dusty purple throw blanket that he desperately wanted to add to his nest in an isle that was specifically for omegan nesting materials. Eurasurehead had led them through it, eager to grab a new black throw along with nearly half a cartload of some cat-themed items marked as a new collection. He did this after giving them a super intense look that screamed 'must possess it all' and at the same time the man's scent had spiked. It was the same pleasant smell that it had been, earlier that day, when a lady with a grumpy scowling gray-haired baby with slitted blue eyes, had let him hold her son. The child had smelled a bit like a cat and had a noodly bristly haired tail and a pair of striped triangular ears too big for its head. Harry hadn't even been allowed to get near him, Silver-tongued snake hadn't let him without making it too obvious to the lady.

Harry may not have liked cats, but it wasn't like he would hurt one or a baby. Harry loved babies! Dabi had told him he thought that he would be a good mom and Harry agreed with him. He thought about it a lot as of late, especially with his dad gone. Anyways, the blanket that Harry had wanted wasn't $40 dollars anymore like the last time they had went to the store, it was $54. Harry had nearly been in tears by the end of the trip. That is until Present Mic had held out a bag with the blanket in it he had wanted.

Harry had looked at Erasurehead's massive nest in mild envy when they returned to the house. Though it wasn't so bad as he had gotten the blanket he had wanted. The brunet omega may have looked and smelled a bit more alpha-like, but he was most definitely omegan in tendencies and had clearly been excited to add his new collection to his nest. The man had even been encouraging, trying to get him to add the blanket to the nest with him, but Harry didn't want it to have it permanently marked with the man's scent. He hated-hated that man just as much as he was beginning to love him and he didn't want more to do with him than he had to. It was just too confusing and painful.

Harry hopped down from the roof he had been on gripping the straps of his book bag tightly in his grip. Scared, he would lose it and the money he had inside of it along with his new blanket and Paddy. They were the only things he really had that he cared about other than his scarf and that tassel with the last remaining scent of his dad.

Glancing over, Harry nearly keened in want when a taller thin omegan man, who looked like they should be on a cover of some glamor magazine alongside Best Jeanist, walked by with a plump rosy-cheeked pup lightly tugging at his perfectly styled platinum blond locks. The man chuckled and nuzzled the pup's tiny hands to his cheeks murmuring sweetness to the cherub-like golden blond child whose eyes were full of inquisitiveness and trusting adoration. It hurt to see and filled Harry with an aching want to so bad it felt like his heart was being crushed. Why did that man get to have something like that and Harry couldn't? Why did he get to be loved so much? To be wanted and needed when Harry didn't? When Harry wanted it so bad that it was all he wished for was to be loved so unconditionally all of his life!

He could be a better mom than that man. Harry would never be lonely if he had a baby and he would love it so much! It wouldn't be scared of him like everyone else was and it would love him too, look at him like that man's pup, and they would never betray each other and he would never let it live like he had! Harry would take such good care of his baby, just like Strain had taken care of him! He would never hit it, or starve it, or say mean things to his baby even if it ended up with a horribly broken quirk like him and Harry would tell it that he loved it every day. He would make sure that it knew that he really meant it to! His baby…. Would never have to feel the crushing pain of being uncared for or wait for a hero to save it that would never come because it wouldn't need one, never! He would be all it needed. Harry choked back a sniffle and forced himself to tear his eyes away and continued to walk towards the designated meet-up point.

Toga and Magne would be the fun aunties! Magne would have so much fun helping him dress up his little one and he was sure she would love to have cute little tea parties and such with it! Toga to! But she got too aggressive when she got excited sometimes so Harry and Magne would have to be extra careful with the pup until she calmed down a bit then they could all have fun together! Twice and Compress would be fun uncles, especially Twice, who Harry knew would just love the pup so much! He would be such a sweet uncle, while Compress would be the more responsible one.

Harry nearly whined at the thought of Kiriguri with his pup. The man was going to be so loving and gentle. Harry could see him crooning over it just as much as himself! Harry could just imagine Erasurehead and Present Mic's faces light up at the sight of a grandbaby. They would be so happy! Dad to! Then everyone would be happy and Harry would have someone that always would love him and that he could take care of!

Harry let out a longing sigh. Thinking of what it was going to be like to hold his own squishy little pup in his arms. But a pup need a daddy, didn't it? The ache to be loved and protected made his chest hurt. He had once thought that he and Hitoshi would always be together, in every way, until they both got old or sick and died. Clearly, that wasn't the case, though. Harry was so sick of being alone.

"Hey, damn, finally, we found you! We've been searching for nearly half an hour!" Hands grabbed at him and Harry was suddenly in the back of a vehicle… A van, arms wrapped desperately around him and hands rubbing at his back, vigorously. The sound of comforting hushed hums being purred directly into his ears registering. Harry wondered how long it had been going on. His medicine made him have trouble with knowing what was going on around him sometimes when it was around time to take another dose. Erasurehead had said when the levels were too low in his blood that the side effects could cause him to dissociate. Harry had a feeling it was a measure to prevent him from being able to run off easily. He took his last dose of the day at 6. Harry glanced around and realized not a lot of light was coming through the windshield. It was nearly dark out. His face was buried in an alphas shoulder. It's scent gland carrying a scent that was warm and familiar. Harry couldn't help but let out a choked little sob, wrapping his own arms around the man as a sound of pure relief was released into his hair.

"You back with us Harry?" Dabi asked, letting Harry cuddle even tighter to him. As tight as he wanted. He let out a little noise of contentment when Harry nodded into his shoulder. "Good, good. We'll just sit like this until we get back to the hideout." The man said, his arms not loosening in the slightest as the pair silently sat, just like he said, all the way back to the hideout.

By the time they got there, Dabi was clearly very queasy and Harry wasn't feeling much better with the Stain fanboy not being the best driver and the roads out to the new place being incredibly uneven and full of potholes. Harry had tried his best to sleep during the ride, it being around his bedtime around the time they arrived.

Tomura had immediately come out. He and Dabi had nearly gotten into a fistfight over a confused and disoriented Harry. He was beginning to feel that telltale cold sweat and headache behind his temples that mean he had to take his medicine soon or he would get sick. Harry hated it. Sleeping would make the sick feeling not so bad, at least, for a while, Harry decided.

"Harry! Those filthy heroes touching you! Are you all alright? Did they do anything to you?" The man snarled out in a rush. Once they got into the building, Harry went back to sleep. Another side effect of not taking his medications on time, he became totally exhausted. Tomura growled as Harry slurred when he tried to force him to stay awake to explain what had gone on. Having enough, he snatched away Harry's backpack and began to carefully rummage through it, glaring at the blanket that stank of Erasurehead and someone else, scrutinized the baggies of snacks and Paddy. Tomura snarled and curled his lips in clear anger and irritation at the large bag full of medications he found. Anti-Psychotics mostly. He huffed, suspicions confirmed.

"It seems like the heroes were having trouble controlling him. Everyone always thinks just because someone has some issues that shoving pills down their throat is going to fix everything! But that isn't true when it's fucked up bastards that are the ones that mess you up! Harry was fine how he was!" Dabi growled.

"They were trying to control him by messing with his brain! Drugging him when they're the ones that are messed up in the head, those bastards!" Shiguraki snarled, scratching at his neck. "I hate them-I hate them, hate them! I'll turn them all to dust! All of them for taking him away from-from me and trying to brainwash him like this! I can't stand them, trying to warp my omega to believe in their broken system!"

Dabi rolled his eyes, "Hey, be careful with those. They may be messing with his brain, but some of that stuff can be dangerous to cold turkey. Harry's kind of frail and small, a bad withdraw could be harder on him than a normal person."

"Are you telling me that we should keep giving him this garbage?" The pale blue-haired man snarled. Red eyes zeroing in on the scarred man with a dangerous wildness.

"I'm saying that we need to at least make sure we know what he was forced to take or it could screw him up worse than they probably already did!"

"What the- why are there nerve blockers and pain medication in here? Did they hurt him?!" Tomura shouted, gouging a line of deep scratches into his neck.

"That's not our biggest concern right now. Thankfully, this is just a place we decided on meeting up at… There's a strange hard spot in the bottom of the bag." Dabi pointed out after rummaging around a bit. He pulled a knife from his pocket and cut through the bottom, meeting a thicker layer of fabric that acted as a false bottom and a button-sized device that blinked green in a lazy pattern. The young man carefully plucked it from its hidden spot, grimacing.

Bright red eyes widened, "they're tracking him?" Eyes narrowed at Harry dangerously as something clenched in his chest.

"Hey, don't look at him that way! Harry hates the heroes more than just about anyone I know and is pretty vocal about his opinions on them. Stain was his dad, after all! I bet they were afraid he would do something like this, that's all." Dabi pointed out. Not at all liking the look that Shiguraki was giving Harry, like he would dust him, not that he could. It was easy to tell that Harry had been absolutely terrified when he found him and that Harry hardly knew what was going on until nearly an hour into the drive to the halfway point. Even as warped as he was, Harry hated heroes far too much to be manipulated by them enough to turn on them.

Heroes had hurt Harry, heroes had taken Stain from him, the person he worshiped like a god, the man who saved him from the torment that was even being alive. Harry listened to every word the man had spoken with the single-minded loyalty and indiscriminate innocence and devotion of a rescued pound pooch that had formerly been saved from death row after incurring the simple crime of being uncared about. And they, the League, had shown him nothing but kindness and acceptance. He would never turn on them, not for heroes. As long as Stain wasn't around to object to his interactions with them, he would continue to tightly cling to them, the first people outside of Stain that accepted him completely without judgment.

Dabi could see all of this. That's why no matter how much of a fan he was of Stain and no matter how much he wanted to meet him… Dabi would never help Harry fulfill his desire to get his father out of prison. He knew the man would forbid him from interacting with them and he refused to let that happen. He cared far too much for Harry; he couldn't let him ever leave.

Dabi set the tracker ablaze, sighing he wrapped the found blanket tightly around Harry's petite frame and hummed happily when Harry pressed into him nuzzling against his warmth so sweetly. Dabi would have to kill the man then and he knew Harry would probably hate him if he hurt Stain. No, that man getting out would ruin everything. He wrinkled his nose as a hint of Enji's scent met it on Harry's sleeve. He hadn't realized he hadn't managed to clear it all up. After all of this time, did he still not get it? Scared lips turned up into a cruel grin as a hint of Shouto's scent came off of a stack of notes. "We better get going before the calvary arrives, yeah?"

"Yeah, I guess," Shigaraki grumbled, carefully checking through the last of Harry's things before tossing them into an old cloth bag. Even still, he eyed Harry and then Dabi with envy. "It would be nice to dust them…. But I guess we should get Harry checked out before we think about getting revenge or anything. Harry's going to need some time to recover when he finds out about big sis Magme to. He was starting to get really attached to her, after all."

"Yeah, he'll definitely need some time." And he would be the shoulder Harri cried on. Just like before. Shouto, Enji, hell his own mother. None of them seemed to have ever learned, Harry would never be Shouto's or anyone else's because…. Because before there was Stain for a few short months, too few, there was Toya and now after Stain, he was there again, reincarnated as Dabi and after the league, he would still be there. Maybe as someone new, again… But he would be there, all the same. It was always going to be him and Harry and soon, Harry would see it too. They were destined to be a mated pair. He had made sure of that so many years ago. Clearly, Harry felt the same way. Why would he let Dabi stay with him all of those months ago, otherwise?

End Chapter 4

Notes:

So here is the chapter I hope everyone enjoyed. And yeah, I know man, I made our poor baby warped. Got that grad-degree in that Stain-a-ma-cation at this point on top of all of his issues.

I have a few other stories I haven't posted yet that I may in the next month or two, I'll keep everyone updated.

Please review! It really helps me figure out what I need to work on and helps me with ideas for my different fics! It also really is encouraging when I am tired and busy to update as I have been pretty wiped out the last few months. Thank you for the encouragement to keep on going! 😊

Notes:

So here was the chapter. I know it is a lot darker than I normally write but I honestly really enjoyed writing this chapter. I think that this will likely be a short fic, literally probably only a few chapters but if we all end up liking it enough I would be willing to keep writing it because I enjoy getting to flip the coin and explore Harry's darker side.

I HAVE A POLL ON MY FANFICTION PROFILE PAGE YOU CAN VOTE IN FOR A DIFFERENT MY HERO ACADEMIA STORY THAT I'M WORKING ON I AM WRITING FOR WHO YOU WANT OUR FLOOF CHILD WITH! PLEASE VOTE!

So we have some amazing news and some terrible news… or at least for me it is awful.

So I have been writing like crazy and I am nearly done with chapters for several stories including, Not the Place I was hoping for(My Yuyu Hakusho crossover fic) Like the Glow of Light Green Emeralds (My Naruto crossover fic) and I am nearly done with correcting all of the chapters I wrote for Setting a Hurricane of Feelings Ablaze (My other My Hero Academia crossover fic which is much less dark and finished) I also have the second chapter of this story nearly done and another story that I am working on that is My Hero academia based along with an original book I have been rewriting.

I also finish off the semester with a GPA of over 3.4 so I am really happy about that!

THE BAD NEWS

So I may not get to update for a week or so after this as my 3X Great Aunt, who was 103, just died today. We were supposed to visit her tomorrow morning and her son just called a few hours ago to tell us that she passed away very suddenly but painlessly after eating a big bowl of ice cream of all things.(dozed off watching tv in her chair after eating it and just didn't wake up)We have to get ready for her burial.

I am also freaking out over the fact my job bailed on me a couple days after I got home at the resort I worked at last year and told me that the only way they would be able to take me back is without housing that they promised me and with me making way less money. I couldn't take the job and now I am struggling to find any job at all because my area is very depressed and never has work which is why I worked at the resort last summer far away from where I am from. Now I have to figure out how to come up with at least 4000-5000$ if I want to be able to get back into school because they way upped the costs of everything at my college. So, yeah, just warning I may not be on my facebook a lot as I am doing anything I can to find a job, sorry guys! I'll still try my best to talk as much as possible though!

Please tell me what you think! Should I continue this story as a long term thing or make it short? Any questions or ideas? Some of my best writing comes from comments all of you make! Please help fuel the muse!

Next chapter hint: Meetings, PJs, and hard questions

Series this work belongs to: