Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Marvel Cinematic Fanfiction Universe
Stats:
Published:
2019-06-09
Updated:
2021-02-02
Words:
48,261
Chapters:
25/26
Comments:
303
Kudos:
65
Bookmarks:
15
Hits:
4,833

Sam Wilson: Captain America

Summary:

Sam Wilson has taken up the shield and the mantle of Captain America as per Steve Rogers' wishes. The world is changing, and new threats and allies rise for this all-new, all-different Sentinel of Liberty. Aided by Bucky Barnes and a man named Charles Xavier, Captain America will fight for those who can't.

Notes:

Well, I hope y'all read my Guardians 3 fic, and you damn well better have read my Endgame. Or else you could be a little confused.

Oh, and just so y'all know, there's going to be these little "Captain's Logs" of Sam being Sam as recaps before every chapter.

Chapter 1: All-New Captain America

Summary:

Sam takes up his first mission as Captain America.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Captain's Log

Entry 001:

 

You know, when Steve asked me to become Captain America, I told him the shield felt like it belonged to someone else. The shield is mine but... I don't know, feels weird to hold it still. I love the new suit, though. It's flashy, and it looks damn stylish. T'Challa and Shuri provided Vibranium weave for the suit, and trust me. Feels good to be bulletproof. Quote that weird video the Spider-Kid showed me, my shield is the size of a dinner plate.

 

My name is Sam Wilson, and I'm Captain America.

 


 

New York

June 2nd, 2021

 


 

Sam sat on the couch in the Avengers Facility, tablet in his hand. Bucky entered, brushing his hair. The television was on in the background.

 

"Honestly, I'm very curious to see how the August 17th meeting will go." One of the news anchors said.

 

"Agreed. The repeal of the Sokovia Accords paired with the newly crowned Emperor Victor von Doom of Sokovia talking about his country is bound to be interesting." The other anchor agreed.

 

"What're you reading, Sam?" Bucky asked.

 

"A trigonometry textbook. I need to figure out shield angles." Sam explained.

 

"And we have breaking news! An unknown supervillain is attacking Central Park!" The first news anchor piped up. Sam and Bucky turned to the television, seeing a man in white and light blue armour with a white helmet destroying trees.

 

"That's a problem." Bucky deadpanned.

 

"Suit up." Sam replied.

Sam Wilson: Captain America

 


 

Sam and Bucky stood in the Quinjet, suits on. Sam's suit looked similar to his old suit in construction, but the Captain America Shield was affixed to a magnet on the back and Sam's gauntlets were bulkier. The colour patterns resembled Steve's stealth suit, but with the standard red, white, and blue.

 

"I have to say, I like the suit." Bucky looked Sam up and down.

 

"Thanks." Sam nodded. Bucky looked over to the console.

 

"We're over the drop point." Barnes said. He tapped his wrist, and the door to the Quinjet opened. "I'll find a sniper point. Go be an American Eagle."

 

"American Eagle. Hilarious." Captain America rolled his eyes. He then stepped out of the Quinjet and deployed his wings, taking off into the sky. He looked down at the Park, seeing the villain down below. "Barnes, I have a visual. Moving to engage."

 

"Roger that." Bucky replied. Sam landed and pulled the shield from his back. He retracted his wings and walked slowly towards the villain.

 

"Ooh, a Captain America cosplayer! What's your suit made of?" The villain asked.

 

"Kevlar, Vibranium, and asskicking." Sam grinned.

 

"Let's see if it helps you against this." The villain grinned. "Time for an avalanche." He then raised his hand, and a concussive wave fired. Sam blocked it with his shield, walking slowly towards Avalanche. Avalanche raised his other hand, blasting Sam in his leg. Sam grunted as his leg was swept out from under him, and Captain America spun to right himself.

 

"Taking the shot, Sam." The Winter Soldier said. A bullet then flew out of nowhere and impacted Avalanche's face. However, the projectile crumpled just before hitting his skin. "The hell?"

 

"Aw, sorry, Captain Costume Party. Bullets don't work on me." The villain laughed.

 

"Sam, it's up to you." Bucky said. Sam tossed his shield at Avalanche's face, nailing him in his chin. Avalanche growled and Sam deployed his wings, jetting forward and catching the shield before ramming into the villain. Captain America twisted around, his wings retracting as he kicked his opponent in the face. Avalanche reached up and grabbed Sam's foot before slamming him into the ground.

 

"Ow." Sam groaned, getting up.

 

"Face it, you're out of your depth here." Avalanche grinned. Sam heard a snikt, and a woman with shoulder length chocolate hair in a yellow and blue suit and helmet-mask with two silver claws on each hand and a black and red "X" belt buckle jumped onto Avalanche's back.

 

"Captain America. Need a hand?" The woman smirked.

 

"It couldn't hurt." Sam shrugged. Avalanche lurched forward, and the woman spun off of Avalanche's back and landed next to Sam.

 

"Name's Laura, but I go by Wolverine in the field." The woman explained.

 

"Sam Wilson. Captain America." Sam replied.

 

"Time to get to work, Cap." Laura smiled. She charged, jumping in the air and twirling, slashing into Avalanche's suit with his claws. Sam joined in with punches and strikes from his shield.

 

"Make me a groove!" Sam ordered. Wolverine nodded, digging her claws into Avalanche's suit. Sam pressed his shield into the groove before letting go and jetting away. He swung back around and drove his boots into the shield, sending the disk through Avalanche's armour. He roared in pain, grabbing Laura by the wrists.

 

"Just like your father." He chuckled through the pain.

 

"Not exactly." Laura replied, a claw popping from each foot with a snikt. She kicked Avalanche in the chin, cutting his cheek. Sam pulled his shield out and bashed it into Avalanche's face, punching the back of the disk. Avalanche groaned as his helmet cracked and he fell over. Bucky came running up to the two heroes.

 

"Sam, you good?" Bucky asked.

 

"Yeah. Thanks to Laura here. That guy... That guy was not great for a first run with the shield." Sam gestured to Avalanche.

 

"He's also not like anything either of you have dealt with." Laura explained, retracting her claws and pulling her helmet-mask from her head. "Or like me."

 

"And who are you?" Bucky asked.

 

"Laura Howlett." Laura explained.

 

"Howlett? Why do I recognize that name?" Barnes asked.

 

"Because I got it from my father, Logan. You fought with him on D-Day. It's a long story, and I'd love to explain it to you more. If you could just come with me." Wolverine explained.

 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I appreciate the help, but where do you want us to go?" Sam asked.

 

"The Xavier School For Higher Learning."

 


 

Laura, Sam, and Bucky stepped out of a SR-71 Blackbird onto the the tarmac of a mansion.

 

"How does a school we've never heard of have the budget for this?" Sam whispered to Bucky.

 

"Or for a Blackbird? I was around when those were getting developed. HYDRA wanted them, but couldn't get one because of how insanely guarded they were." Bucky replied.

 

"Crazy Stark level money here." Captain America chuckled. Barnes gestured to a large blue man covered in fur. Sam shrugged, just as confused. The three got to the door, which Laura opened.

 

"After you." She gestured. Sam and Bucky walked in, looking around at the Mansion. They continued down the hallway, seeing various students scurrying around the halls.

 

"Is that Captain America?" One male student with white feathered wings whispered to his friend.

 

"It is." Sam smiled. The student with wings came over, and his friend ducked into a classroom.

 

"Hi, I'm... I'm Warren. I'm a friend of Laura's. I'd love to talk if you have time." Warren looked at Laura.

 

"I'll go tell the Professor you're here." Laura smiled before walking away. Sam and Bucky were left with Warren.

 

"I, uh... You're kind of my hero." Warren explained. He pointed over his back at his wings. "You know. Flying. It's my only real power, other than healing. But you prove that flying can be a damn cool thing. So... Thanks, Cap."

 

"I'm... Glad to be an inspiration." Sam said. Warren smiled and walked away. Sam gave Bucky a quick confused look and Bucky gave him a shit-eating grin.

 

"Get used to it, Captain Falcon." Barnes smiled. Captain America rolled his eyes. Laura returned.

 

"Professor Xavier will see you now.' She explained.

 


 

Berlin

June 2nd, 2021

 


 

Zemo sat in his cell, reading 'The Tragedy of Julius Caesar" quietly. Everett Ross walked in and smiled at the two guards.

 

"If I could have a moment with the prisoner." He instructed. The two guards nodded and left.

 

"Come to gloat again, Agent Ross? I get restored after spending 3 years gone, and I'm still here." Zemo asked.

 

"Actually, I'm here to help you." The agent's mouth moved, but the voice wasn't his. Instead, it was a woman's voice. 'Ross' put his hand on the cell's scanner, and it opened. Zemo stepped out, and 'Ross' smiled. His skin shifted and changed, and a blue woman with yellow eyes and a bob of red hair smiled. She wore a white armoured vest, boots, and pants with a waist cape and loincloth, and a pistol was strapped to her hip.

 

"Who are you?" Zemo asked.

 

"My name's Mystique. I heard you're a man with a set of skills that can help me. And the way I see it, I think you owe me." The woman explained with a smirk.

Notes:

Hope you guys enjoyed this!