Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-07-20
Words:
1,499
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
25
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
563

It Is Him I Love, It Is Him

Summary:

Jungkook doesn’t know much about love, but he knows that love is what he feels everytime he looks at Taehyung.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Jungkook doesn’t know much about love, but he knows that love is what he feels everytime he looks at Taehyung.

It’s only been a month since they were put together in a dance team for a recital by their teacher. The theme was set as contemporary and Jungkook hasn’t done much of it but he can handle it. He can handle anything, being the famously known dance prodigy of South Korea.

The first time he set eyes in Taehyung, his heart tugs at him, trying to tell him something that he has yearned for but has never dared to hope. The tug was so strong he had to clutch at his shirt to stop it. That was when he knew he was already necks deep in.

You see, Jungkook isn’t one who would mind anyone near him. He’s always been a lone wolf. He’s never let anyone get close to him, prefer himself to clam up rather than share all his burden.

Though, there is one person who can read Jungkook like a book. Yoongi. He’s a known composer, and never has he ever composed a song for a dancer, except Jungkook.

Jungkook was only starting to be a dancer and Yoongi stumbled upon him training in an empty theatre. There was something in his fluid movements that captivated Yoongi, and he’s been trying to help lift the burden that seems to weigh the little boy down. Ever since, Yoongi had taken the figure of a bigger brother Jungkook had always wished to have.

Jungkook is always willing to share everything with Yoongi, but not Taehyung. Not now, and maybe not ever, not when he himself is not willing to admit to whatever feeling he has as he watch Taehyung smile and dance so beautifully across the studio.

The song they’re assigned is HIM by Sam Smith.

“It’s my favorite you know, the song,” said Taehyung the first time they met. He offered a hand to shake to Jungkook, “Hi. Kim Taehyung.”

Jungkook had taken the hand. He’s used to this, people greeting him, shaking his hand, getting all too friendly and showering him with compliments too extravagant to make him feel uncomfortable.

But not Taehyung. Taehyung just stood there and offered him a smile and his name, one that’s already carving a space in Jungkook’s heart.

“Jeon Jungkook.”

It it was any possibility for the male in front of him to become any brighter, he did just that. It also wasn’t helping his sanity knowing that Taehyung was to be his dance partner, as they are to be the main figures of the piece. Which means more times spent together, more interactions, more—

“Nice meeting you partner.”

And maybe Jungkook doesn’t mind at all.

Each night, Jungkook would listen to the song on repeat as he goes to sleep to immerse himself in the feeling he’s supposed to feel. Which isn’t hard.

He grew up in a strict religious family, and he knew he has always been different, he never dared to speak it aloud. He guesses that his mother knew too, because each night before Jungkook would sleep, she would come in and caress him to sleep, telling him tales of people mighty and vulnerable, of her love for him. He knows she cares for him. He knows that when his father kicked him out at the age of 16, she was the one who sneaked money into his bag and enough blanket for him to stay warm in the streets.

When that happened, he decided to go to Seoul, considering there’s no future left for him in Busan. Arriving in Seoul was exciting, he’s always been wanting to go here, although surely under different circumstances.

Jungkook would work part time here and there to make a living and eventually rent himself a small apartment studio where he would save more money for his dance classes. He has always loved dancing, it’s the only way for him to express who he truly is without having to explicitly say anything to the world.

He was afraid, afraid of what others might think of him. Afraid that they’re all going to turn their backs against him once they know who he is truly, like his father had done.

That’s why he envies Taehyung so much. Taehyung is always so headstrong about what he wants and he’s never shy to say his own opinion in everything that he thinks is not right. If there’s a possibility of Jungkook being ever more infatuated by Taehyung, then Jungkook is definitely whipped.

The first time they dance together was electrifying. Everyone can feel the tension in the air, and Jungkook can’t take his eyes of Taehyung.

They both had learned their parts, it was only time now to work together as partners to make a performance. Then also work together with the rest of the team to make a moving masterpiece.

They only have two months left until the performance, and by now, Jungkook has left behind his cold facade and welcomed his warm smiles and happiness that Taehyung had brought in his life. Taehyung had introduced him so many beautiful things in life that Jungkook had missed, seeing himself as a complete fool who hadn’t noticed it any sooner.

“Your head was just always look down on the dirt when all the beauty has always been in front you,” said Taehyung during their break.

Jungkook couldn’t agree more.

It’s been six months since they’re paired together and they’ve pretty much nailed their harmony and memorized the other’s movement like the back of their hand.

It was during their last rehearsal together that it happened. Jungkook hadn’t meant for it to happen, he hadn’t meant for his mouth to blabber his feelings toward Taehyung in the middle of practice when Taehyung looked so ethereally beautiful. No, he hadn’t meant to bare himself naked, chest open for Taehyung to rip apart, and that he did.

“I’m sorry Jungkook. I have to go,” was all Taehyung said before he left the studio, leaving behind a torn down Jungkook. Suddenly, all the colors that was splashed all around him once again turns bleak as Taehyung steps out of the room.

It was worrying their teammates that Taehyung never shows up to practice again. It worries Jungkook especially.

Then one day, a person who was supposedly to replace Taehyung came in, and Jungkook’s world once again turns cold.

Jungkook can’t accept it. Not when he knows how Taehyung feels in his grasp, how warm it is to be near him. Not when all he can think about is the lips he wishes to kiss and the eyes he always wants to see love in.

He’s not getting his hopes up, never, but it’s inevitable when you’re as desperate as Jungkook walking towards the coffee shop everyday in chance that he would run into Taehyung.

He did.

He also offered him a coffee and a talk. And he left the table more vulnerable than ever before. He’s laid all his card in front of Taehyung. He’s laid his heart on the table for Taehyung. But he can’t seem to stay to see Taehyung break it once again. So he leaves, without his heart and his warmth.

Jungkook had lost hope by the time the day of the performance rolled around and there was still no news of Taehyung. But as they were lined to go up, Jimin had sprained his ankle walking down the stairs. Taehyung is all they have. Taehyung is all Jungkook has.

And he came back. With his smiles and his warmth. With his brightness and colors. Jungkook is once again happy.

Always and forever.

It is him he loves.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

 

The dance started with Jungkook in the middle as other surround him, hugging him, making what looks like a sculpture in motion.

 

Then he moves into a crowd and dances against the motion, where he finds Taehyung standing against it all. Standing tall and brave. For him. For them.

 

As others danced around them, they were too busy in their world to care, moulding their bodies to create a perfect movement against each other.

 

Then it was time for their main duet, where they would take up the center of the stage dancing against each other. Holding fire within, eyes swimming with emotions too strong for them.

 

Though once again separated by the crowd, they could never seem to find a place for their own. It seems like they were too scared. One of them unwilling to see what’s to happen.

 

Then it all happens at once as Taehyung walks away and Jungkook flashes back to the weeks of lonesome and colorless life. He fought against it. He fought against the tide. To reach for Taehyung. For what he truly aches for.

 

And at last, Taehyung takes his hand to salvage Jungkook from the misery that he left him in. To be together once again. And forever more.

Notes:

thanks for reading 💕
my twt is @albarqookie
give me a follow if you like the fic!
it’s a short one but a proud one
i’ve always been wanting to write this one ever since i say the dance

https://youtu.be/B0CjUYCc7OQ

this is the dance that was choreographed by kyke hanagami that started it all!

much love
-h