Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 9 of TBAM
Stats:
Published:
2019-07-24
Updated:
2024-03-18
Words:
48,340
Chapters:
8/?
Comments:
111
Kudos:
94
Bookmarks:
13
Hits:
6,628

TBAM: Infinity War

Summary:

With Cybertron restored, the Autobots believed they can take a breather. But the threat of Unicron still remains. Worse still, old and new enemies have united, threatening the entire universe. The Autobots and their human allies will need the aid of other heroes, as well as unexpected allies, in order to face this approaching doom. For they must work together to survive, or fall one by one…

Sequel to TBAM: TLK-Version A

Chapter 1: A Deal between two Devils

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

(Xandar, May 9th, 2018)

Home to the Xandarians and many other species, this planet was the HQ for both the Nova Empire and its military force, the Nova Corps. Four years ago, Xandar had nearly been destroyed by Ronan the Accuser when he tried to use the Power Stone. Fortunately, it had been saved by the Guardians of the Galaxy. Unfortunately, no such help would come to this planet today.

Thanos, the Titan warlord, stood on top of what remained of the Nova Corps' HQ. He surveyed the ruined capital as his army, the Chitauri, began executing half of the planet's population, as his way of bringing balance to the entire universe. He wore a very unique gauntlet over his left hand. Behind him were his adopted children and lieutenants, known as the Black Order. One of them, Ebony Maw, approached his foster father with a purple-colored orb in his right hand. Thanos turned around as his adopted children kneeled before him.

"As you have ordered, Lord Thanos. The Power Stone is now yours," said Ebony as he held up the orb.

Not saying anything, the Mad Titan took the orb with his right hand. Then, with a strong squeeze, he crushed the orb and revealed the Power Stone inside. Taking the purple-colored stone, Thanos placed it in the gauntlet, flinching as he felt the very powerful surge of energy going throughout his entire body. It only lasted for a moment as Thanos let out a satisfied sigh before looking at his lieutenants. "Gather the Chitarui and head back to the ship. We're done here."

Suddenly, a female voice with a silky British-accent spoke up: "I see that you're still up to your doctrine as usual, Thanos."

Turning around, the Mad Titan looked up at the sky as a 13-foot Cybertronian femme, whose silver-colored frame was giving off an eerie metallic glow, floated towards his position. On her helm were metal hair-like tendrils that gave off the impression of living beings as they moved about in a slow hypnotic fashion, while also wearing what appeared to be a dress with several tendrils at the bottom. Her faceplates were humanoid, and she had blue optics that held lies and dark secrets.

The Black Order got into defensive positions, but Thanos paid them no mind. Behind the femme was an animalistic-like battleship that transformed into a 42-foot grey, purple and aqua-colored mech, who had red-colored optics and shark-like dentas in his mouthplates that almost formed a wicked grin. A shark-like fin was on the top of his helm, and it seemed to twitch at every noise he made. The mech's optics stared at the Titan warlord and his adopted children as his mistress floated towards them.

Thanos raised his left hand, signaling his lieutenants to stand down, as he walked towards the femme. "It's been a long time, Quintessa," he said calmly. "I was under the impression that you were still on your people's dead world."

"Former dead world," corrected Quintessa. "Cybertron has been restored, but Unicron is still online. Which is why I need your help."

Thanos gave her a questioning look before asking: "And why should I help you?" The mech behind Quintessa growled at the Mad Titan, who merely flexed his gauntlet, causing the Power Stone to glow briefly.

"Stand down, Gnaw," ordered Quintessa. The mech seemed unsure, but eventually complied with his mistress's orders. She then looked back at Thanos. "Don't forget our history, Thanos. It's true that you were the one who saved me from my exile at the edge of the universe during your search for the Infinity Stones. But in return, I was the one who gave you the Mind Stone before you allowed it to be taken from you," summarized the femme Sorceress. "You owe me, Thanos. And Unicron is just as a threat to you as he is to me."

The Titan warlord remained silent as Quintessa continued: "As entities born at the dawn of the universe, Unicron and Primus are some of the few beings who are immune to the Infinity Stones. But in his current weakened state, the six stones can offline Unicron before he is revived. And you know what will happen if he is fully restored: Unicron will bring both death and chaos to the entire universe, and that will go against your desire to bring balance, won't it?"

Now, what she said made Thanos think, since the femme did indeed make a very good point. If Unicron was fully revived, all six Infinity Stones together won't be able to stop the Chaos Bringer. He would only bring more death and destruction to the entire universe, which was the opposite of what the Mad Titan sought. Plus, from what he knew so far, at least two of the Infinity Stones were on Earth, which Quintessa said was Unicron. And then there were the Autobots, who were possibly on the planet. They would prove a hindrance for his forces, along with the other obstacles on Earth.

Seeing how Thanos was planning to accept, Quintessa decided to make one more push by adding: "And I also have this too." Raising her right servo, she opened it up to reveal an orange-colored stone floating just slightly above her palm.

The object in her right servo made the Black Order gasp. Even Thanos seemed surprised before murmuring out loud: "The Soul Stone..." This was the Infinity Stone that he could never find, and the one that Gamora had apparently failed to locate.

"The only one out of the six Infinity Stones that had been guarded. Feared for its power to manipulate life and death of all sentient beings, except for Cybertronians," said Quintessa as she pulled back the Soul Stone. "That's the agreement: You help me destroy Unicron and I'll give you the Soul Stone. Plus, not attacking Cybertron once I claim rulership over it." She then raised her left servo. "Do we have an accord?"

Thanos looked at the offered servo and then thought about the Soul Stone, as well as Unicron. After a few seconds of inner debate, the Mad Titan took the Great Deceiver's servo and shook it.

(Burton Castle, United Kingdom)

It was a normal day at said castle. The birds were chirping, the wind was blowing against the leaves, and finally, the Autobots were playing with their human friends. Sqweeks was currently rolling across the inner courtyard. Riding on top of his helm were the Sparklings, Daystar and Gasket. The young Cybertronians were chirping excitedly as the 3'6-foot light-blue Autobot moved on the pathway and grass. The other Autobots that were at the castle were Bumblebee, Arcee, Hot Rod, Evac, Ramhorn, Canopy, Wheelie, Brains, and Cogman. The Dinobots were also present, seeming to prefer Earth rather than Cybertron.

It has been over a year since Cybertron's restoration. Iacon had been fully restored and was serving once more as both the capital city and HQ for the Autobots. Refugees were still pouring in and Energon continued to flow from the planet's core. There was so much to do that the Autobots had started to construct drones to deal with most of the hard labor, in order to make up for the lack of numbers. Although many of the Autobots who had once been on Earth had chosen to live on Cybertron again, some have decided to stay with the humans, in order to be near their friends and improve relations.

Shane Dyson, Tessa Yeager's boyfriend, was there as well for one of his usual visits. He was currently riding a scooter as he raced Sqweeks. The two of them were doing this activity together in order to keep the Sparklings entertained. Izabella Garcia-Yeager was waiting not too far away with a homemade racing flag. Also with her were Canopy, her older stepsister Tessa, and Ramhorn, who was resting beside the girls with Ramjump, Paddles, Axewide, Firefly and Terraquake leaning against him.

Shane and Sqweeks had just turned around a corner and were heading towards the finish line. Shane had gotten the lead and was now ahead of the Autobot. Letting out a couple of clicks, Sqweeks reached out with his right arm and grabbed the back of Shane's scooter. The man let out the famous Wilhelm Scream as he lost control and flew off his scooter before landing in the grassy field. Sqweeks let out a rapid string of clicks as he crossed the finish line.

"And the winner is Sqweeks, with Gasket and Daystar!" announced Izzy. The other Sparklings let out their own clicks and squeaks of excitement, while Ramhorn gave a huff of approval. Sqweeks stopped to let his passengers off. The mechling and femmeling ran off to join the others. By now, most of the Sparklings were able to walk, their legs and motor-functions were now working as their processors were able to compute complicated tasks.

"No, he didn't! He cheated!" yelled Shane as he got up before wiping the dirt off his clothes and taking off his helmet. "That little tyke grabbed the back of my scooter at the last minute."

"Watch it, hot shot. We got kids present," said Cade Yeager as he walked out of the recently-built shed that was made for him so that he could work on his inventions without disturbing the castle. Cogman had been very adamant about it, saying how he didn't want the 'Neanderthal' (which was the nickname the Headmaster called Cade by) making more of a mess for him to clean-up. "Just accept your defeat like a man."

"Yeah, like he said!" shouted Izzy in agreement. She then rubbed Sqweeks' helm when the 'Bot rolled over to her.

Shane just grumbled while Tessa helped her boyfriend out with a small smile on her face. Across the field, Bumblebee and Hot Rod were keeping Ironbolt, Riptide, Strongback, X-Grid, Equator, Aurora and Nightflare occupied by playing different music from 'Bee's radio. Meanwhile, Hot Rod, the 17-foot black and orange-colored mech, was performing various dance moves in rhythm to the changing music.

"Etre surprise tout le monde! Backspin!" declared Hot Rod in his thick French-Algerian-accent as he began to spin on the grass, flattening it hard against the dirt ground. The Sparklings all clicked excitedly at seeing this strange, yet interesting, thing that Hot Rod was doing. X-Grid and Aurora even tried to do it themselves, but they instead only landed on their backs in the process. Bumblebee clapped his servos as he helped the two young ones back onto their afts.

"Do you think the both of you can try and teach them something other than breakdancing?" commented Arcee as she carried Matchstick. Said Sparkling was sucking his digits while watching the action from a distance. Behind Arcee was Canopy, who was holding Skylock, Big Wire, Flipside, High Cloud and Dusthorn in his massive arms, keeping them entertained by allowing the little ones to see from great heights in the safety of his servos. Outside the castle's walls, the Dinobots were roaming about, with Skar with them of course.

Back with Cade, said man walked into the castle's library, which had been modified by Adam Nova/Nova Prime, the actual owner of the castle. The young teen had put up several computers with large and small screens, cameras, controllers and dozens of wires at one end of the large room without disturbing the hundreds of books on the shelves. Many parts of the walls were covered with pictures of various ancient drawings, Cybertronian glyphs and most of all, the horns of Unicron that were sticking out of the Earth.

Ever since the battle last year, Adam had been suffering visions of Unicron, even in his sleep. Optimus had personally theorized that being so close to the Chaos Bringer has allowed him to try and attack Adam mentally. Perceptor and Wheeljack were able to create blockers for the Prime of Life so the attacks would stop, but Adam had decided to get into researching ways into sealing up Unicron without destroying Earth. With the Autobots focusing more on Cybertron and trying to locate the Decepticons, they had to put the Chaos Bringer into the backburner for now.

The hybrid was currently hovering in the air. His lower legs and feet were in their Cybertronian form and releasing small heat from the soles, while the rest of his body was human and currently engrossed in a book. To be more precise, he was reading a notebook related to Dark Energon that the previous members of the Order of the Witwiccans had discovered. Cogman had entered through another door, carrying a tray that had a bowl of potato chips and a soda bottle with him.

"Jesus, how many of these books have you actually read?" asked Cade as he looked at the pile lying neatly on the nearby table. Several datapads were also there, sent from the Hall of Records, courtesy of Optimus Prime.

"I'm pretty much through a quarter of them. It works when you can access 100% of your entire brain and even higher, you know," replied Adam as he finished the book before lowering himself down to grab some potato chips and the soda bottle. He then asked Cogman: "These are the Lays brand, right?"

"Yes, sir. Just as you requested," replied the 4'5-foot silver-colored Headmaster in his uptight British-accent.

"Awesome," replied Adam as he put several into his mouth. "Anyway, what brings you here, Cade? Usually, you're either in your shed or with Vivian out in London, helping out with mechanical stuff at Oxford."

"Probably bringing germs and dust into the castle," muttered Cogman as he picked up some books.

"I heard that, and I washed my hands before coming in here," retorted Cade, which earned an optic roll from the Headmaster. "And I'm just making sure that you aren't getting too buried in this stuff. I mean, when was the last time you hung out with Izzy anyway?"

"For your information, she and I went out on a date last week," countered Adam. "Went to the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. Cogman drove us there."

"One of my personal favorites, I must admit," added Cogman. "Combines various cultural themes with construction blocks. Brilliant."

"Fine, fine. Just remember that we have a trip to Manhattan in two days," reminded Cade.

"Got it. And I presume that we'll be taking the Steelhaven?" asked Adam. "Took us forever to clean that ship up. I still need to finish inspecting it completely. It would be cool if we could add a cloaking device to it."

"Yeah? Well, maybe you could figure out a way for us to park it better," said Cade before turning around to leave. However, the image of a large being on a nearby datapad caught the inventor's attention. This one was huge and even taller than Omega Supreme, but it didn't appear to be Cybertronian. "Hey, what's this?" asked Cade curiously.

Adam floated near him, looking over Cade's right shoulder. "Oh, that? It's a Celestial, a race of powerful entities. Apparently, they came to Cybertron to try and conquer it because they feared Primus' power. They lost obviously, since they were no match for the Thirteen and their followers. They even tried to use something called an Infinity Stone."

"Infinity Stone?" asked Cade.

"Six stones that are tied with an aspect of the entire universe. They're immensely powerful and can be quite dangerous if they're used in the wrong hands," answered Cogman. "The Celestials tried to use one that was known as the Power Stone on Primus. However, as an entity born at the dawn of the universe, Primus was completely immune to the stone's power."

"And we don't have to worry about the Decepticons using them. I did some research, and it seems like the Infinity Stones can't be used by Cybertronians," revealed Adam, who was pleased at what he found. He had read what each stone could do, and if someone like Megatron could use them, then the Autobots would've lost the war a long time ago. And what were the chances of them encountering one anyway?

Notes:

I'm sure that I don't have to explain of what they'll be seeing in New York City. And Quintessa has formed an alliance with Thanos himself. Next chapter will show what the Decepticons and Unicron's forces are doing.

Be sure to leave either a kudo or comment!