Actions

Work Header

For Your Safety || NCTxReader (F!)

Chapter Text

    Four of the boys from the dorm had been sent out on assignment. Taeyong was leading, so he took people from his group, and Jaehyun had requested he come along. It was an obvious move, but he wasn’t denied, and left in the morning with the others. Now he sat in the SUV, passenger side, with Doyoung at the wheel, meanwhile Taeyong and Taeil were picking up the omega. The two were quiet but a conversation needed to be had.

“What’s wrong?”

“Huh?”

“Y/n… why are you so… hesitant around her? You guys were pretty close before this whole mating bite thing came into play.”

“Ah…” Jaehyun took a moment. “I just… I’m worried… I’m worried I’ll mess this up.”

“Really?”

“I know I was always going to have an omega, just didn’t think the possibility would be so soon, let alone someone like her. I want to be the best, I wanna be good for her, but I’m afraid I won’t.”

“You’re not alone though. Sure you’ll have a mate, but you’ll still have the rest of us to help you out. I’d say you need us now more than ever.”

“I guess you’re right.”

“She’ll be okay, and happy. It’s gonna be a new experience for all of us too.”

“Yeah… and I’m probably just hurting her by dragging this out. She needs someone, she needs me… she chose me, and I’ve just been an ass this whole time.”

“It’s a big step for you too.”

“And it’s time I take it.”

♥♥♥♥♥

    You understood the need for having alone time with some of the others. Yuta and Johnny weren’t bad companions, it was nice to hang out with them, but there was just this hint of awkwardness in the air, or maybe that was you. It kinda felt like they were trying too hard, or you were, just to get along with them. At least the solo dates weren’t an everyday thing. A nice picnic was in order and you were more than happy to go. 

    Kun and his boys took you outside, having prepared everything for a nice lunch. It was a warm day out, with a cool breeze in the air. You were laying down on a blanket and staring up at the sky. It was a light cloudy day, and the sun wasn’t so harsh. Lucas was at your side, letting your head rest on his chest, his heartbeat a soft lullaby in your ear. It seemed like a calm day, but everyone knew you had been a little unhappy lately, and they all had an idea why.

“Let’s play a game.” Kun suggested. “Something like hide-and-seek.”

“Hide-and-seek? That’s a kid game.”

“Why?”

“Cause you can’t pick up on scents that well when you’re little.”

“Ah, I see.” Hendery commented. “Then let’s switch shirts, so we mess up the scents, and then play some like… guided marco-polo.”

“What?”

“Whoever goes first, they have to find us in a certain order. That way we have to rely on hearing only.

“That can work.”

    Everyone started switching, although not everyone could fit into anothers shirt, so they just wore it around their neck. The first person to play was Xiaojun, closing his eyes and counting to ten to let the others spread out. He began his search, hunting YangYang down first. You had decided to go to the edge of the treeline, figuring nature could hide you some more. Since you weren’t one of the firsts to be found, you looked around.

    It was the first time you were really noticing the outside area, and just how many trees surrounded the open field. You turned around to see just how thick the treeline was as well, it was green for miles, and even from above that’s all you could see. It made you wonder what was out there, and you started to walk deeper into the trees. You felt some relief and fear as you walked, but more focused on what you could see. At one point you stopped though, noticing the tears on your face.

“Y/n!”

    Sicheng had noticed you wandering off, scared of what would happen if you were out there. He was quick to chase after you, pulling you out of the trees and back into the field. The game stopped there, everyone more worried about you. Their concern didn’t make sense to you, but you let them look you over.

“Are you okay?”

“Did you hurt yourself?”

“Let’s go back inside.”

“What’s… what’s out there?” You mumbled. “What-”

“There’s nothing.” Ten cut in. “Let’s get you back inside.”

    You couldn’t really argue as you were taken back to the dorm, the others picking up the picnic. Everyone seemed to feel better once you were inside, but you weren’t. Your gaze wound up at the window, staring off in the distance, it was all trees, no signs of civilization outside the buildings here. You asked again, one of the others who wasn’t at the picnic, what was beyond the trees, but the answer was the same. That didn’t sit well with you, and it really felt like they were keeping something from you.

    While looking out the window, you felt tears on your face again. You didn’t say anything, wiping them away and quickly going into an empty room. Something didn’t feel right, and you just had to know. Despite what the doctor had told you before, you had to remember. They knew something about you, but they were lying to you for whatever reason. You locked the door and sat by the window, closing your eyes and focusing.

    Your memory only went back to when you woke up in the infirmary, but there was something after. It made sense that you had been living in this dorm for a while, so your memory loss had to be a recent development. Something happened to you, and a part of you felt like they were involved. You remembered the bad dream, the blood, the pain you felt on your chest. You focused on that, trusting it meant something. It honestly felt like you weren’t going to get anything until you screamed.

    There was just a flash, nothing tangible, but it changed something. You felt scared all of a sudden, the scents in the room more prominent and unwelcomed. Of course your scream had been heard, and soon there was knocking at the door, demanding to be let in. You were too scared to do much, the knocking becoming louder in your mind. You ran into the bathroom, just wanting something else between you. 

    Although their worry was enough for them to break down the door. Your fear was clear in the air, and the oldest ones knew they needed to approach you cautiously. They had Jungwoo try to talk with you, everyone else stepping out. You were curled up in the tub, sobbing, worried about what would happen next. The knock certainly startled you, but it wasn’t as intrusive as the last, or as aggressive.

“Y/n… it’s me… Jungwoo… are you alright in there?”

“…”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk. We just want to help.”

    While Jungwoo tried to calm you down, the others waited around outside the room, trying to figure out what to do next.

“Did she remember?” Yuta asked.

“Unlikely.” Johnny stated. “She’s scared, if she did remember she’d hate us, and might try to hurt herself again.”

“So what do we do?”

“Once she gets out of the bathroom, we need to sedate her.” Ten said. “Although I don’t know if we should take her to the infirmary. If Minseok sees her…”

“We need to figure out what to do with her here.” Mark added. “But what? If she’s scared of us… she’ll be scared when she wakes up.”

“One problem at a time.”

    You weren’t responsive but our sobbing could be heard. Jungwoo wound up sitting against the door, still talking with you. He was giving off a calming scent, but it made you tense, knowing that you shouldn’t just give in, but fighting wasn’t easy either. Eventually Yuta went to Jungwoo with a key, and you could hear it jingling. You knew what it meant, and you quickly got up, ready to run if necessary.

    That was expected of you, so when you tried to bolt out, you were grabbed. You couldn’t help but scream and thrash around. Yuta was holding you, Jungwoo grabbing your feet so you wouldn’t hurt yourself. Others came in as well, worried over your state, but you just wanted to be let go. You continued to fight, promoting others to also help and keep you from moving. You noticed one with a needle, but before it got closer everyone froze.

    The entrance to the dorm was being unlocked, which meant the others were back from their mission, meaning Taeyong was back. You took the moment to catch them all off guard and get out of their grasp, scrambling out of the room. You were more worried about being chased so you didn’t realize someone was in front of you, and you wound up running into them. 

    You stumbled a bit but regained your composure, thinking that leaving the dorm was your best bet. Instead, someone managed to grab your arm and pull you back, pinning you against the wall. You squirmed again, finding yourself trapped by Jaehyun. He was certainly confused over the situation, but when he smelled your fear he had an idea about what happened.

“I’m sorry, this might sting.”

    His words didn’t help, but you didn’t have much time to react before he bit into your shoulder. You froze for a moment, the pain prevalent, but then slowly fading. A daze began to wash over you, your body growing a bit limp. You leaned against Jaehyun, trying to make sense of what had just happened. He held you in his arms.

“It’s okay, just take a deep breath and calm down for me. No one’s gonna hurt you.” He kissed your head. “You’re gonna be just fine, promise.”

    The others had rushed in, but were all relieved to see Jaehyun holding you, and that you had calmed down. Of course everyone had questions, especially those who just got back, but at least you were alright, which was more important. Jaehyun picked you up and took you to his room, setting you down in his bed. The bite was still fresh and would still take a day or so to heal, so he patched that up for the time being, watching you. The others were told to stay away but that didn’t stop Taeyong from paying a little visit.

“Congratulations, you got a mate, Jaehyun.”

“I know.”