Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-08-13
Updated:
2021-04-06
Words:
17,825
Chapters:
7/?
Comments:
208
Kudos:
637
Bookmarks:
65
Hits:
12,345

Hold The Front Line

Chapter 4: The Threat is Real

Summary:

Running from Reaper almost made you kill the very person you hate the most a the moment, Moira. Good timing too, who knows what you would have done if you got your hands around her thin ass neck.

Notes:

Here is the long-awaited Chapter 4. I hope this is close to what you guys were looking forward to. I've been very busy lately with senior stuff, my job, and my new story, Wolves in Sheep's clothing. Thank you all for encouraging me and inspiring me with all you say and do. I love you all! Give me some feedback on what I could do better or what I did alright, where you wanna see this whole mess go, or something you just don’t understand. I also really want to know what your theories are for the coming story. I always love reading your guys' analyses.

Chapter Text

The hallways seemed to just go on and on. The same boring beige color with metal doors lining the halls. You didn’t care where you were or where the fuck you were going, you just wanted to getaway. Maybe being saved by Overwatch wouldn’t be that bad if it happened at that moment.

The downside would be the constant Alpha attention. You wouldn’t be allowed on dangerous missions. No more infiltration, just desk work or communications. The mere thought of giving up on something you’ve worked so hard hurt. It caused physical pain. Being a scout was something you were genuinely good at. Except when you got kidnapped, that doesn’t look good on reports.

Being a Beta was so freeing, no heats, or scent, or extra over exaggerated emotions. You had absolutely no fucking clue what was going to happen. You had an Omega like scent now. That was very apparent. But did you have heats? Were you going to be over-dependent or constantly horning? You hoped the fuck not.

Speaking of scent, Reaper’s was gradually catching up to you. It was filling the hallways with the smell of smoky firewood and old cloth. Something distinctly him and now that he was ‘your alpha’, you had the urge to stop and take a whiff, but you held back. You made a quick turn into another hallway and looked behind you for just a second to see Reaper practically on your heels. His face was pulled into a sharp scowl as he sprinted.

You turned back to see a metal door at the far end of the hall. It looked rather familiar, it was the door that led to Moira’s lab! Now was the time to show that fucking Irish Banshee she messed with the wrong Beta! Just as you were about to slam the door open, an arm wrapped around your waist and yanked you back.

“Let me go! I’ll fucking bite your hand off, you Alpha piece of shit!” Your filter wasn’t working at this point. Whatever you thought just went. An Alpha was the last thing you wanted to see or smell when you were so close to revenge. You wanted to literally tear her apart and no one would blame you because you’re just a helpless Omega. Maybe being the worst Omega possible will give them a bad reputation and knock them down a few pegs. Like they needed more attention.

“Calm the fuck down.” His scent became stronger as he struggled to keep you from squirming away. His body instantly knew there was an Omega in distress and your body felt the same way. Waves of Omega scent came off you and it made you feel disgusting. Almost sticky in a way, like it was clinging to your skin. It’s only been a day and everything was happening all at once.

Reaper pressed your chest into the cold floor. His arms still wrapped around your waist. It was starting to hurt a little, there was no damn way you were going to just sit here. So, you let a tiny pained whine in hopes that he would let go. He did. He lifted the leg pressing into your back and loosened his arms. You almost managed to slip out from his grip, but he knew what was happening. It was like he was 10 steps ahead.

“You little bitch!” This time, Reaper was beyond pissed. He got his knee right in between your shoulder blades and his hands held down your flailing arms. There was no way you could escape.

“Fine! I’m done! Just let me go!” What surprised you was that he listened. The Alpha carefully got up, making sure to keep you in a tight hold as he dragged you away. All you could focus on was the door to Moira’s lab as it got smaller and smaller. It almost made you want to let out an actual whimper. Like a true Omega, but you held back.

-----------------

Reaper said nothing to you as he just dragged you along. You tried to put all your weight on him, but he didn’t seem to mind. Being a science experiment and an Alpha must do wonders. He was just bathing in testosterone. It wasn’t as unpleasant as any other Alpha. It was probably the insane experiments talking.

As a child, these thoughts weren’t entirely crazy to you. Your father and sister were Omegas. It was only natural to want to be an Omega when you were surrounded by them. No one would want you. You didn’t have a purpose. You just filled in empty space. At least, that’s what your mother would say, but not to your face. You knew with the looks she gave you that you weren’t her favorite child. She made you this way, she gave birth to you. It wasn’t your fault, it was hers. She had no control over what her children’s dynamic would be. How fucking lucky was she to defy the odds and make a Beta?

Not even altering every last chromosome in your cells could change what you naturally were. A Beta. Moira’s experiment just made you smell sweet and enticing. Nature’s prostitutes.

This man, this Alpha was no different. Sure, he worked for Talon. As an Overwatch agent, you should kill or turn him in. You won’t. Overwatch has done you unbelievably dirty ever since you signed your life away to them. Here’s the most dangerous job with the crappiest food plans. You can’t have an Omega or Alpha mate. You can have one of these shitty Betas though. You’ll be an outcast, are you ok with that? Talon seemed like a great option. No barriers or stupid meal plans. No sympathy for what you were. It was either the bad guys were too bad to care or the good guys were too good to care about the shitty parts.

“Instead of trying to beat up a smartass scientist for some stupid fucking revenge, why don’t you try to let out your anger in a more profound way.” You had no idea what he meant until you looked into the room he dragged you to. It was a gym and no one was even using it. You avoided the gym back at base. Too many Alphas trying to impress the few Omegas that showed up. Most of them were pregnant when you went and seeing too grown-ass people fight over a sack of estrogen wasn’t worth your time.

“Yep, because that’s definitely what I want to do. Hit someone and hope my problems go away. Maybe I’ll get lucky and I’ll be able to hit you instead of fucking Moira.” You were seriously hoping you didn’t have to spar with him. You didn’t need to be humiliated by a literal ghost. Your fingers were crossed behind your back as you followed him to a table that held rolls of hand tape and little cups for the water dispenser. Wait, he was serious. He was going to kick your ass right here and now! Reaper tossed you a roll and started to wrap his own hand.

You just looked at the little roll and back to him, your eyebrows were raised above your wide (e/c) eyes. Nope, fuck no. You were going to die. He was going to kill you. His arms alone were as thick as tree trunks. He would surely knock you back to base with a single punch.

“Do you want your fucking knuckles to bleed?” You just shook your head. No sarcasm or witty comments. You were actually terrified for the first time in your life. You were afraid of not only an Alpha but a male Alpha. “Then wrap your damn hand!”

You were definitely feeling the stress and anxiety now. As your supposed ‘Alpha’, wasn’t he supposed to protect you not kill you? You still had no idea how this whole thing worked. You started to wrap your hands tight with the cloth. Doing about four layers before you felt slightly safer. It’s great to know the only thing you weren’t going to break was your knuckles. It was like nothing else mattered on your body.

“Let’s just get on with it before I try to run again.” He just narrowed his eyes and walked to a blue mat in the center of the gym. You followed and lifted your arms to cover your face. You could barely see him roll his brown eyes before he threw the first punch. He hit you square in the gut and the wind was knocked out of you. Your feet almost went out from under you as you clutched your stomach, trying to get air back into your lungs. Reaper took this as the perfect opportunity to sweep behind your calves, causing you to fall flat on your ass.

“The first rule of one on one, you gotta take advantage of the situation or else you’ll be on your ass in the first round. A friend taught me that.” He backed up and waited for you to get up and put your fists in the air again. Wait for your opportunity then strike. Got it. Also, Reaper had friends? That’s something you don’t hear every day.

It felt like every five minutes that went by, you were spending it on your ass. Your tailbone was shattered at this point.

As he went in for another attack, you actually brought up your left arm and blocked it then you took your right fist and just threw. A sickening crack echoed in the empty gym. You looked up to see Reaper flat on his ass this time. Bright red blood was leaking from his nose and into his goatee like a faucet. His nose was crooked from what you could see. You backed away slowly as you looked at him, but the thing was, he was smirking like he was proud.

You had never hurt someone before. You had no idea what to do. Your brain was drawing blanks as you looked at his bloody face.

“Jesucristo, what the hell happened Reyes?” It was Sombra. Her scent was overpowering Reapers. This definitely showed who had the bigger balls.

“Nothing you need to worry about you little shit.” He barely looked at her before another sickening crunched came from him. His nose was back into place but it was still bleeding with a huge bump on the bridge.

“Maybe I can look at that for you, Gabriel.” So, that was his name. Gabriel Reyes. It sounded oddly familiar to you.

“I don’t need some sick old man touchin’ me.” Poor Siebren. He looked like a kicked puppy as he slowly floated behind Sombra, who was now laughing at Gabriel’s vulnerable looking face.

“Why are you guys even here?” It wasn’t like you were annoyed, you were kinda glad to see them. You’ve been awake for a day and you felt more at home than at Overwatch. If you were being honest, their scents brought comfort, even before you found out you were an Omega.

“I went looking for you, Mija after you went with el estúpido. Siebren was just looking for Reaper.” The man in question pulled out a handkerchief and handed it to Gabriel, who all but grumbled as he yanked it from the older Alpha’s hand.

“We also have something else to tell you, (Y/N). I wasn’t being entirely honest with you when I said I didn’t know about you.” Wait, what? He knew they were torturing you all along and he did nothing! This is why you didn’t trust Alphas. All greedy and lusting! They did anything to pass on their stupid ass genes.

“I barely even know you and I said I trust you, yet I get fucked over! You Alphas are all the same. Greedy dirtbags that will do anything for a good fuck. I’m not an Omega! I never was, so why should you even help me? I have nothing to offer any of you!” You finally blew up. This is what everything was building up to. This was truly losing you shit, no smart-ass comment you made could amount to this. None of the Alphas in the room looked shocked. They’ve seen this countless times. Overwatch was definitely different. They expected you to act like your dynamic. Beta means no emotion. The useless dynamic. Whatever society deemed appropriate is how you should act and be treated like as a member of Overwatch.

“Omega, calm the fuck down!” Now, this shocked everyone. You instantly closed your mouth. This was your first time being called an Omega. It still felt wrong when it was said out loud. It left a sour taste in your mouth.

“Fine, I’ll listen.” Your voice cracked as you spoke. Tears were already welling up in your eyes. You rarely cried, it felt good to do it after so long. It was refreshing.

You felt so obedient and defeated by a being called Omega. Who knew a title could make you feel so helpless.

“I knew about the project, but I did not know who it would be. I was under the impression it would be Angela Ziegler, but they couldn’t obtain her. I knew nothing about any other experiments they were performing on you.” There was more? There was something wrong with you other than being turned into an Omega? You didn’t even want to think about it.

Despite never wanting to be a part of this in the first place, it still hurt. You were a mistake. A substitute. You were never meant to be here and it hit you hard.