Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of The Hooded Sagas
Stats:
Published:
2021-03-25
Updated:
2024-01-19
Words:
167,372
Chapters:
16/?
Comments:
9
Kudos:
11
Hits:
2,068

Rebooted

Summary:

Come and join Caleb, the lost twin of Quinn, and his ever present soul bound companion and parasite, Levia, as they once again set out to try and save Runeterra from as many terrible fates that would end it as possible. Along the way friends will be made, destruction will ensue, and a lot of messing around will happen. After all what's the point of having a world to explore if you don't have a home to go back to.

Update: Chapter 15

Feel free to show support for your favorite OC Champions and kits by voting in the poll at, https://strawpoll.com/88r6p1ha3

I am open to request from private messages and comments.

Chapter 1: REbooted

Chapter Text

Starring: Caleb, Levia, the Hood, Quinn, Neeko, "Sona", Arcade Neeko, Arcade Miss Fortune, and The Legendary Arcade Cero.

Amidst a smoky and gray void, several blue, white, and purple lights begin to illuminate this desolate place. The source of these flashes is a young man in a hooded black duster. Floating around in this colorless abyss, he adjusts the red lens goggles over his amber eyes and looks for his foe. He then just barely avoids his massive enemy by entering a special "spectral" form; the energy he was previously using to combat this monster now makes his body transparent. Plummeting through the dark recesses of his mind, the Hooded sees a mote of land and gets an idea. Summoning up a tendril of string from his hood, the vicenarian launches it at the floating island and pulls himself towards it. Dodging another lunge from the creature allows the man to see its form. The massive wyrm's body is as a blur darker than the night sky and with a fitting enough pair of bright orbs like stars for eyes. Its head is triangle shaped with a pair of horns growing back from it. Opening its maw, the demon reveals a darkness that promises only oblivion before firing a beam of bright orange light. Jumping off to dodge the attack, the Hooded attaches a new tendril to the now bisected mote before launching another at the beast. As soon as the line connects it pulls the fragment towards the monster; stunning it long enough to give its prey a chance to find a new mote to land on. Finally given a chance to steady himself, the warrior raises his gloved hands over his head and a magnificent blade appears. It is a one and half handed blade with a forte that spikes outwards, as though it were designed to tear rather than slice. This bastard sword is not only unique in appearance but also composition. Crafted with both Void nether corruption and Infinity Pool water, the entire blade is of a dark golden coloration with crackles of purple lightning inside of the blade and a dim aura of light on its perfect edge. Gathering his power into the blade, a beam of energy forms around it before he launches it at the great beast. While this attack succeeded in injuring the monster, it is able to successfully lunge at the Hooded and trap him in its maw. Before it can swallow him though, he channels power into his blade and it transforms. Equipped now with a pair of clawed gauntlets and greaves, the mysterious man pummels the creature's mouth. As it screeches out in pain, the Hooded is barely able to escape by turning spectral again. Falling once more, he turns to see his foe chasing after him and reveals his weapon's next transformation. Now wielding a pair of crossbows, one made of Void influence and the other of Celestial, he channels his soul into a globe of destructive energy. Firing the energy attack at the serpent's eyes, the man blinds his target enough to launch a new tendril at it. Yanking on the line, he sends himself flying towards its head and unleashes his weapon's last form. Gaining a front and rear hand guard, the Betwixt weapon gains a new blade except this one is lined with teeth. Landing on the beast's head, the Hooded prepares to cut into its head with his Chain Blade form before a voice makes itself known.

"Caleb, wait!" The ethereal but clear voice tells the man. Instinctively the Hooded stops his attack and looks into the eyes of the monster that has invaded his mind.

"Shut up Levia!" Caleb counters before a realization hits him. Despite never meeting the creature before, they both somehow know each other's names.

The pair of confused entities then feel their fall drastically slow before they touch a previously unknown ground. Any questions they may have had for each other are quickly answered though as memories from a previous life enter their minds. Not of a past life but rather of one similar to the one they are currently living. Realizing what has happened to them, a familiar taste that grows no less bitter enters their mouths.

"We failed." Both combatants shamefully admit. Any energy in them feels drained as the pair deflate upon realizing their ally was forced to restart the timeline.

"Do you recall why we failed?" The serpent known as Leviathan asks her partner. However to Caleb she is known as Levia, both to pester the dark entity and as a term of endearment.

"The only thing I can recall is a big flash and a burning sensation. Other than that, nothing." The cloaked mortal known as Caleb informs Levia. To most beings though, Caleb goes by another name passed down by his predecessors, C.

It then doesn't take long before another entity makes itself known to the pair. This new arrival is actually a manifestation of the very cloak he is wearing. Taking the form of a dark skinned woman with graying mane hair and rich brown eyes. It is wearing a poncho with an urban camouflage pattern, a matching leather jacket, fatigues, and a chain belt with a gun holster. The reasoning behind taking this form is Caleb may take the following news better if Nita tells him. Even going so far as to mimic Nita's harsh accent, the Hood tells it's wearer that various events in history have changed; some never happening or even taking place at different times than before. After taking some time to compare both timelines, the trio are able to determine that at least the "champions" still exist in this new world to one extent or another.

"Considering your history, would you like me to remind you of your own personal history Caleb?" Inquires the Hood of its user C. Knowing he has had issues with his memories in the past, the Hooded accepts the offer.

Taking some time to focus his mind onto the events of his current life, and with aid from his old memories, Caleb is able to more easily remember his journey. As always it starts with Nita managing to rescue him from an untimely demise as a child. This time however it would seem she didn't save him from the demon known as Tahm Kench. Instead she managed to retrieve his failed body from it's grave outside of Uwendale and manage to revive him from his fatal encounter with the tuskvore. With a combination of using the cloak to close his wounds, her "Oblivion Energy", and high levels of hemomancy, she manages to return him from the afterlife. While it might have cost him his memories, the boy is still grateful to be alive and follows the older Noxian woman.

Over the next few years, the duo would travel, train, and enjoy themselves all over the world before returning to their home base in Zaun. Unfortunately like all good things it must come to an end. What was meant to be an easy job into some nearby mines goes wrong as the Hooded are double crossed by the other Numerals. After narrowly escaping the disastrous mine collapse, Caleb is overwhelmed by both the flood of power from inheriting the mysterious Hood as well as the death of his mentor who sacrificed herself for him.

"Hey Hood, just putting it out there can we not go into detail about the next year or so? I really don't feel like reliving what comes next. I'm sure you don't need to be told that year twelve of my life was definitely not, you know, my fucking year to put it lightly." Caleb demands of the Hood before it can continue. Taking into account that the year involves C being experimented on, enslaved, and raped, it obliges.

The aforementioned experiments involved a dark spirit by the name of Dullahan being magically fused with Caleb. Along with four other successes, the Myths were then deployed in the Noxian Invasion of Ionia. While most troops were sent to battles to kill Ionians, Caleb and his fellow slaves were sent to kill the land itself. After several years of turning stretches of Ionia's landscape into wastelands, the Dullahan was suppressed in a chemical strike. Freed from his possession, the teenager fled from the island continent and his captors.

For a time Caleb lived as a bounty hunter until he felt a calling. Making it to the Shadow Isles, he finds himself consumed in flames. Awakening in a portion of the afterlife, Caleb is brought before his predecessors and reminded of who he is. Now trained in the ways of the Hooded, he is given a special task. Traveling all across Shurima, he takes an old blade from Nita and transforms it into his Betwixt Blade. With his weapon forged, C returns to Zaun to avenge his mentor. The following week saw a collapse in Zaun's power structure as the Numerals were dismantled after almost a century in power.

Unknown to the young man, since that day in the mines, a crystal he took was growing in power. Feeding off of his mind and soul, eventually his body was enveloped in armor that began draining him of his life force. Teleporting him all across the world, it sought to weaken him enough to become a puppet for the Leviathan. Eventually it stops at the bottom of the ocean, where it has rested during the month-long battle of wills.

Watching the void around them fill with his memories, Caleb asks his companions "So you guys wanna get out of here?" as if they would say no. At that moment, the beyond ancient armor begins to stir once more.

Meanwhile on the surface, a group of over twenty Noxian smugglers and slavers are selling a dozen Ionian slaves. In a hurry to finish their illegal activity, the criminals barely have time to load the captives onto their carriages when they notice something strange. An intense bubbling begins to approach the beach before a menacing figure emerges from the sea. It is encased completely in a set of silver, gold, and black plated armor. Behind his helmet that mimics Levia's, Caleb begins to feel a bloodlust consuming him. Releasing a massive demonic roar that sends the smuggler's horses fleeing in panic, he quickly dispels the Dark Armor. While everyone else is in a state of flight or fight, one of the smugglers and a pair of chimera vastaya begin to remember. "Boss.", Is the only word that leaves their lips as the roar of the Dark Armor reminds them of who they were.

"Oh my gods it feels so good to breathe air again! I know it was only a month and that's way better than my last time but still. Oh wow that breeze feels good. Oh wait a second I can actually feel stuff this lifetime? I see you improved your quality of life standards Hood. Wait a second we're not alone." Caleb notes as his rant finishes. Taking a closer look at what's happening, the Hooded summons his Betwixt Blade.

As the smugglers prepare to fight, one of their number tries to escort the slaves away from the upcoming fight. With two of their kind now leading the escape, the other Ionians go along with the escape plan. As the last of the Ionians slip into the treelines, the Noxian who was going to let them go anyways turns to C and shouts, "Give Em Hell sir." before leaving as well.

'Thank you, Dave!' The ecstatic Hooded says back in his head before noting the scum surrounding him. Seeing this as a warm up to test out his new abilities, Caleb begins to bounce in place to loosen up.

'Oh boy! It feels good to be back doesn't it C?' Levia's voice resonates in Caleb's mind. At that moment several of the slavers rush him with their spears at the ready.

"Yes it does Levia." He answers back before using a Coercion line to slam two of the three slavers who charged him head first into each other. It happens so suddenly that the last one even trips on their bodies and into a punt from Caleb. After taking out these enemies, the Hooded sees something he's never noticed before; on the back of his right hand a letter D made of his energy has appeared.

"Wait, do I have a style meter now? That's awesome! Alright, who wants to get styled on after my nap?!" Caleb taunts and catches his rating bump up to a C from doing so. Figuring one of his predecessors, most likely the Eccentric, gave him this gift he decides to test it and himself out even more.

As a dozen flintlocks and crossbows opens fire upon him, Caleb Spectral Dashes to safely avoid the damage; B! The firing squad are then either knocked down or killed by C's charged shot from his Betwixt Crossbows; A! Taking advantage of the confusion, the Hooded forces the survivors to then take cover behind one of their carriages. Using another pair of Coercion lines to launch himself towards the carriage, C decimates the survivors with his Chain weapon; S!

With only a handful of fleeing enemies remaining, Caleb is overcome with a familiar feeling as the Dark Armor emerges. This time to reward him by sending him into overdrive. Throwing his blade like a spear, the berserk Hooded impales a woman before blinking to her body; SS! Drawing his blade from her corpse, he then cuts off the remaining three's escape route with a Pumpkin Slash. Despite clearing outclassing and leaving no witnesses, C still feels a need to end this with a bang. As such once he decapitates and bisects the remaining pair of lackeys, he tackles their boss. Lifting the fat man up by his neck, Caleb summons his Betwixt Gauntlets and begins to rapidly punch the man. The force of the blows begins to lift the crime boss before Caleb unleashes a "Lowl!" sound and punches him away; SSS!

Taking a moment to come down from his power and bloodlust highs, Caleb takes in the carnage around him with a tinge of sadness. He regrets that these people would have to find themselves in combat with him instead of leading good lives. Shaking his head, the Hooded reminds himself this is only the start nor the first time he's done such things.

XxxX

Unbeknownst to him, his roar has begun to reach several others around the world. They include a futuristic cyborg in a Zaunite warehouse tending to her new augments, a former shadow ninja who just cleared out an encampment of his former fellow students, an amalgamation stalking several chem punks in an alleyway, and a woman singing a song while floating up a Freljordian cliff. The most important one though is a certain ranger in the wilds of Demacia. She is currently investigating the area with her avian companion when she hears a familiar voice.

"It can't be." A startled Quinn thinks aloud upon hearing a faint echo. It is enough of a shock that it takes Valor descending to check on her to snap the Demacian woman out of it. While she heads downhill to intercept several Noxian warmasons, Caleb and Levia plan out what to do next on the other side of the continent.

"Huh, so this is what it's like to show up early for a party." The Hooded remarks as he piles up all his freshly looted valuables. Putting everything into his extra dimensional pockets, Caleb sits down and dips his feet into the water.

'You could try meeting up with everyone earlier than expected? I mean it would give us time to prepare more and even dick around a bit. After all, we were kind of rushing to assemble an army last time.' Levia replies in an unusually wise way; or at least to Caleb she does.

XxxX

Managing to find a nearby Bandle portal, C teleports to the southern coast of Valoran. It is there that he uncovers a gift from his predecessors. Built into the chalky cliffs, he manages to find a hidden pathway that leads to an underground factory. Finding a pedestal at the base of the steps, instincts tell Caleb to place his hand upon it and channel his energy into it. With "Pumpkin Energy" now flowing into the constructs around him, the automatons begin to awaken, repair themselves, and take up their work. Leaving the artistically crafted clockwork machines behind, the Hooded ponders where he should sleep. Making his way into the nearby forest, Caleb tracks down several razorbeaks and farms them. Impaling one of the birds on the Betwixt Blade, the Hooded then hangs it from a nearby tree branch with Coercion lines. Focusing his energy into his palm, C then cooks the raptor from inside out.

'You're probably gonna wanna eat that with some barbeque sauce. Hmm do you think that woman Gwen would be able to help you?' Levia wonders while looking at the tender meat cooking.

"I think she's currently regenerating into a younger form right now. Apparently that's how hemomancers work. I wonder if maybe Sona would be willing to let me crash at her manor?" Caleb responds as he takes his hot meal off the Betwixt Blade. Quickly realizing his mistake, he swaps to his Gauntlets before he can burn his hands trying to hold it.

'Congratulations Caleb, you've gained a level up in using powers for mundane, stupid thing. I mean do you know how many people would want lasers, Coercion lines, or a shape shifting sword that can erase things from existence? As for Sona, you know well that a place to sleep isn't the only reason and did you hear that just now?" Levia cuts off mid rant to alert C to a potential nearby threat.

From the nearby bushes emerges a lone bunny. Having seen enough weird stuff in his life though, Caleb launches a Coercion line at the mammal. By the time it's strung upside down, it has transformed into a reptilian girl.

"Please don't eat Neeko like her beak friends! Neeko doesn't taste that good!" The lizard girl shouts out in panic at being caught. Realizing he's in no danger, Caleb then gently helps the vastaya down.

"I didn't realize it was just you, Neeko. I've heard about you from Nidalee and I'd like to be friends. Would you like some of my dinner?" Caleb offers Neeko before sitting down on a nearby log.

Looking at the roasted bird with a tinge of sadness, Neeko tells him, "Neeko doesn't want to eat bird friends so soon. Does this one have cheese bread?" The energetic Oovi-Kat asks before she is disappointed by a quick, "No."

"Hey, don't look at me like that. I just came here after being asleep for a while and I was hungry. Hmm I think there is a town fairly close here, maybe I can find you something. Just stop looking at me with those big sad eyes. Hate seeing good people looking sad." Caleb comments as he puts away his roast. Heading back towards the Bandle tree, Caleb invites Neeko to take his hand. Before that though Neeko turns into a yordle as, "It feels right this way."

Via a small flower growing out of the cobble stone, the pair arrive in an alley inside of a Demacian village. After thanking the plant, the duo make their way to a nearby store. To better blend in, Neeko changes her shape to that of a child since she wants to stay smaller for a bit longer. Bumping into a mageseeker, C profusely apologizes before they enter the local bakery. With his newly pickpocketed funds, Caleb is easily able to buy Neeko her favorite food. Scaling up the side of the town hall, the duo have a small picnic and watch the sunset. After memorizing the view to paint it later, Caleb leaves Neeko to see if Sona will help him. While he's a bit worried she won't remember him, his previous life gives him hope that her fame hasn't gone to her head.

Emerging from the last rays of sunlight, Caleb finds himself at a beautiful vineyard. A field of flowers separates him from the manor on top of the nearby hill. Waiting for the last of the servants to leave, the Hooded swiftly arrives at the front door. With no one in sight, Caleb takes his hood and goggles off and dispels the mist that obscures his face before knocking on the door. Taking out a small basket filled with bread, cheese, and leftover raptor meat, the young man tries to push back his dark purple hair to make himself look decent.

"Oh damn it, I can't do this. She's gonna cut my head off with that etwahl; I just know it. We should leave, yeah that sounds good. Have you and the Hood set up a network of portals yet?" Ask a nervous Caleb who is really hoping the answer is yes. He is getting so worked up that a headache has even begun to form.

‘We need until tomorrow morning just to come up with a plan. If we found Yuumi and Book or Norra this could be easier. So quit being a little bitch and put on the charm you bastard!’ Levia shouts back as a means of "encouragement" before returning to her progress. Caleb then sees a figure standing in the doorway. Taking a step back, the Maven of Strings is shocked to see a boy she once knew standing there.

"Uhhh hey Sona. Would you mind if I came into your home? I don't have a place to stay the night. I brought some food and if you want you're willing to umm talk with me. You don't have to do anything but I'd really appreciate it." Caleb says as he holds forth his bundle of wild flowers and the food basket. Before he can get an answer, the woman politely excuses herself for a minute and gestures for him to stay where he is.

'Really man, you brought her a bunch of random flowers and a basket of food like that would convince her to let you stay over?! Oh god she's trying to get into my head. Just a second Sona. Okay I should get this cringiness out of me quickly. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!' Are the thoughts currently racing through Caleb’s head. With how much of a screw up he feels like, the Hooded feels like his title should be, 'The Failed One'.

Walking into the massive house, he notices that Sona has found a key that she hands him. It turns out to be towards a guest room on the second floor. Telling him to be quiet so as to not disturb Lestara or her sister, the hostess offers him a drink. He immediately accepts if not only to spend more time around the muse.

'So what have you been up to since I last saw you? Gosh, it's been years since we last saw each other. I almost didn't recognize you when I opened the door. By the way, I'm more than willing to let you stay the night.' Sona mentally communicates to Caleb while getting a kettle of tea ready.

"Oh I've been all over the place, just seeing the world and getting to know people. I even found out who I was before I got to the orphanage. Turns out I actually met your mom before she came to get you." Caleb desperately tries to reply in as cool of a way as possible.

'Well that sounds interesting, especially that last part. So how did you and Lestara meet each other?' Sona inquires with a new found interest, which is piqued even more by her old friend.

"Well I umm you see I actually saved her life a long time ago but I got really badly hurt doing… you know what, just forget about it. Hey this tea is pretty good, is it jasmine tea?" Says the man who has survived both metaphorical and literal Hell a plethora of times. He then asks for a brief mental break and Sona obliges.

'What the fuck was that?! Get your head in the fucking game man! You nuked all the summoners and made a bunch of "godlike" entities your bitch but you can't talk to a fucking woman?! The hell is wrong with you?! Is this even jasmine tea? You don't know dick about tea! Why the fuckity fuck would you try to start a conversation centered around it?!'

After finishing their chamomile tea, the two go to leave for their respective bedrooms but not before Sona asks him to follow her again. The pair end up in a room full of all sorts of instruments including the legendary etwahl. As the stringed death machine enters Sona's hands, Caleb can already feel his body start to fade towards spectral mode. His fear stemming from the fact that he knows her secrets and how desperate mages in Demacia can be. These foolish fears cease however as she walks towards a piano's seat and invites him to sit next to her.

'I heard of a similar story when my mother brought me here. It was after I asked her why she would want to adopt a child when she already had one of her own. She told me that it was a way of her helping a child like one had helped her long ago. It would seem to me C, that you're the infamous Caleb I've heard so much about.' The smiling woman informs the now surprised C. It is a mixture of him having never told her his true name or expecting such a high ranking noble as Lestara to even remember his name. There would be more time for questions later though as he just sits down and takes in the revelations he just received.

XxxX

Alternate Universe Snippet: Arcade # 1

When Team RGB's chaperone left them to get lunch, the trio expected today to be relaxing. After breaking their weapons while grinding, Sona, Riven, and Sarah were dropped off at Neeko's Shop to get repairs. Before the destined goddess could even finish haggling though, a large explosion rocked the brickwork building. It would seem that they were followed and now the Battle Bosses are taking the chance to strike. With enemy soldiers and robots pinning down the girls with blaster fire, several gargoyles try to break in through the front door. The next ten minutes are filled with RGB desperately barricading themselves with furniture, Neeko's Neexie Gang evacuating with her wares and coins, and Neeko overseeing everyone. As the front doors begin to come off their hinges, being held up only by a couch and a fridge, Neeko decides to take a smoke. Wiping her forehead because overseeing is hard work, the merchant queen pulls out her lighter only for a blaster bolt to destroy it. Giving an exasperated sigh, Neeko begins to scavenge amongst the debris for her spare. Her last Neexie ends up bringing it to her before jumping into the sewers with the rest of its kind.

"Thank you tiny Neeko! Oh hey you three are still alive, that's good. Neeko expects compensation for damages." The lizard girl says before taking a drag from her cigarette. Looking at the lizard girl with pure spite, the team is reminded of their task as a hand grabs Sarah's arm through a gap.

"How can you be so calm?! They're either gonna kill us out there or bury us alive at this rate you stupid lizard wizard!" Sarah screams as she desperately pulls her arm away. Above the battlefield in a space fighter, Battle Boss Samira orders for more reinforcements. A demonic portal appears above the street to deploy a purple Zac, a Baron Nashor, and a walking portal aberration.

"Because Neeko knows that this is a survival type of mission. We should have lasted long enough for help to arrive, so get your panties out of a twist." As though to prove her point, they hear the sound of a motorcycle approaching as the Baron begins to melt down the door. Taking notice of the noise as well Samira looks towards the source.

Her scouter informs her that a massive power is heading towards her position and she comes to a conclusion. "Well, I may be reckless but I'm not stupid." The mercenary notes before dimension skipping away. The timing couldn't be any better either as Team RGB's knight in red, leather armor arrives.

Using the lightning variant of his Coercion chains, Cero makes his presence known to the rest by slamming two drones together. {"Dope"- Rival Boss Quinn} At this point, a large robot walker with chaingun notices the fiend hunter and opens fire on him. Sliding under its hull, Cero transforms his motorcycles into a pair of Chain weapons. Cutting off the walker's legs, he then leaps into the air and with a cry of "Cavalier Kick!" cut it in half. {"Coooool."- Neeko} Quickly noticing Zac trying to slam onto him, Cero dashes out of the way in a blur of crimson light. Now wielding a pair of black and white crossbows, the hired gun unleashes their bolts into the blob creature. This attack hits with such force that it sends the slimey mass crashing into the remaining soldiers. {"Bold."- Riven}

With the blaster fire dying down, the ladies of RGB peek to see what their op teammate is doing. Suddenly via a hole in the roof, a pile of pizza boxes, sandwich bags, and various other fast foods appear like a loot crate. After a moment, the group of colorful women realize it's the lunch Cero went out to get them. Backing away from the mostly melted entrance, the party takes a moment to relax and eat.

Back outside, the Zac is trying to repeatedly grab onto the evasive hybrid but is finding little success. Dawning his flaming gauntlets and greaves, Cero delivers a devastating kick to where the blob's stomach would be. Grabbing it by its nucleus head tendril, he then begins to spin it around him before throwing it into the air. Chasing after it with a blink, the fiend hunter then begins to pummel the slime monster, and even it's bloblets, out of existence. {"Awe inspiring"- Miss Fortune} Seeing the walking pile of tentacles with a portal for a back, the alternate Caleb rushes towards the enemies' escape route. Knowing it's their only quick way out of the Arcade realm, the gargoyles try to rush him. Avoiding a swipe, Cero lands on his back and begins to spin his legs to ward off his foes.

"Hahaha, I'm on fire! Now let me show you what a real boss looks like!" The veteran combatant taunts before becoming bathed in crimson energy and fire. Sprouting a pair of leathery wings, his body becomes covered in dark chitin and blood red scales. Growing over eight inches, he is now over six and a half feet tall. His once kind amber eyes now burn with a fiery glow, as his wings fold in and his clothes become stone like armor versions of themselves. {'Spectacular'- Sona}

With a simple wave of his clawed hand, Devil Cero summons his very essence to form a sword that carries his name. Using his enhanced speed, the half Battle Boss blinks out of the circle of foes and raises his blade in one hand. Gathering a massive blade of energy, he obliterates the stone constructs before they can even react to him missing. {"Smoke Show"- Jinx} As the explosion fades, the living portal begins to spawn weird elementals to defend itself. The teleportation is cut off though as the Cero blade flies at the creature and impales it. Blinking to the quadruped, Cero channels his power into his bastard sword and bisects the abomination; which slowly splits in two before exploding into pixels. {"Simply Sensational Styling!"- Morg}

"Alright, a triple S. Are you girls alright?!" Devil Cero asks before the Baron tries to crush him under a tentacle. The titanic voidborne fails though as the Legendary Cero casually catches the appendage with one hand.

"Traitor!" Is what the alien monster screeches at the hybrid before spitting acid at him. Dodging the attack, Cero grows annoyed as yet another enemy only recognizes him as his father. However his attitude quickly changes as he sees this for the opportunity it is; a chance to show the destined saviors of the Arcade what they can become, if not to show off a bit too.

"I didn't expect to go for a Quadruple S today, but for the big guy in the audience I'll make an exception. Make sure to save me some of that food ladies, not that this will take long. Sin Form go!" Cero commands before energy gathers into the Cero blade and he drives it into himself.

As he begins to transform once again, Neeko throws a curtain over the rest of Team RGB while shouting,"Don't look at it! You guys aren't ready for it yet! Oh but it's still so coooool!" Glimpsing up, Neeko gazes at what was once Cero after giving up most of the Player in him to ascend. An inhumane roar then heralds a bright flash of light reduces all nearby enemies to ashes. {"Super Smokin Sexy Style!"- Team RGB and FMC}

XxxX

Spotlight featuring: Caleb

Aliases: The Hooded, Perfect Host

Birthplace: Uwendale, Demacia

Weapons: Betwixt Blade, Pumpkin Energy attacks, and Hood strings

Species: Human

Occupations: Coalition leader, Artist, Former Soldier, Former Bounty Hunter

Appearance: In his early twenties, Caleb has picked up some style tips during his travels. Thanks to the Hood's shapeshifting abilities, the Hooded is able to wear whatever attire suits his mood; it also assists in hiding his presence and looks from enemies. Typically found in his trademark hooded black duster, Caleb has taken on mostly Zaun influenced apparel. Wearing red dress shirts, black suit vest and dark dress pants, the Hooded radiates an almost professional look. Not wanting to alienate people with the Hood's masking ability however, Caleb tries to reduce the effects with red lens goggles, a black bandana, and dark gloves. In an attempt to not forget who he is, the lost twin has also had a C embroidered on the back of his right glove.

With the aid of Levia, and at the cost of his soul, Caleb can also call upon the powers of the Dark Armor to grant him increased power in battle. Becoming enveloped in silver, golden, and black plate armor, Caleb's helmet resembles that of a Levia herself; a serpent with a pair of growing back. Often the Hood will act as a cloak or cape while he is in this state. This armor is also capable of evolutions yet reached; after training with Morgana it has also become adorned with celestial chains.

His main weapon, the Betwixt Blade, is most often seen in it's bastard sword form. It is a one and half handed blade with a forte that spikes outwards, as though it were designed to tear rather than slice. The entire blade is of a dark golden coloration with crackles of purple lightning inside of the blade and a dim aura of light on it's perfect edge.

Eye color: Amber

Measurements: 5'10, 180 pounds, ectomorph build

Likes: Painting, Games, Vibing

Dislikes: Apathetic beings, Tuskvores, Manipulative people

Quick Bio: When Caleb sacrificed himself to save Lestara Buvelle he had no idea the events to come. Rescued from death by the previous Hooded, Nita, he has spent years living various lives across Runeterra. Eventually memories of his past came to him and he now seeks to stop the apocalypses to come. Together with his soul bonded partner, Levia, Caleb seeks to gather an army capable of helping him. With these allies and enough time to control the powers bestowed onto him, the lost twin hopes to one day go back home with Quinn. In the meantime, there are battles to be won and choices to be made.

Base stats Levels 1-18: Health: 574 +91.4117647(91)/Level - 2130

Health Regen: 6.5 +0.73529411(0.7)/level - 19

Armor: 33 +3.70588235(4)/Level - 96

MR: 32 +1.235294(1)/Level - 54

MS: 340

AD: 62 +4/Level - 130

Attack speed: 0.65

Bonus AS: 0 +2.6470588(2.5)%/Level - 45%

Range: 150

Passive: Dark Armor- Caleb's secondary bar consists of a Style Meter which gains 2 points up to 16 for successfully casting and hitting different abilities, empowered autos, as well as completed Taunts or Jokes.
Being out of combat causes Caleb to lose Style points at a rate of 1 per second at S tier or below and 2 per second after hitting Triple S tier.

At 10 Style points, Caleb reaches S tier, granting him the following benefits:
Levia's armor will envelope Caleb, increasing his Base AD by 15+5 per Level

At 16 Style points Caleb reaches Triple S tier, this lowers his W channel time by half and grants an additional plus 3% Armor and Magic Resistance to his stats.

Betwixt Weaponry- Activating an ability grants a special buff to Caleb's next auto attack. Buffs cannot be stacked and must be used before a new one can be gained.

Q: Coercion- (12/11.5/11/10.5/10 CD) Range:1100/800 units

Using the fibers of his hood, Caleb fires out two strings that stick to enemies and deal Physical Damage. Hitting both strings on the same enemy will pull Caleb to them. Hitting two different enemies pulls them towards each other.

The first cast fires a skill shot up to 1100 range that deals 60% of the total damage. The second cast fires a point and click up to 800 range that deals 40% of the total damage.
1st cast: (48/60/75/93/114 plus 36% Total AD)
2nd cast: (32/40/50/62/76 plus 24% Total AD)
Total Damage: (80/100/125/155/190 plus 60% Total AD)

Betwixt Saw Form- Changing his weapon into a chainsaw, Caleb's next auto attack reduces the armor of the target it hits by a percentage (15/17.5/20/22.5/25%) for 4 sec.

W: Pumpkin Slash- (10/9/8/7/6 CD) Range:0.1 secs per 65/Up to 1300 units

Rooting himself in place, Caleb begins channeling energy into his blade for up to 2 seconds before unleashing a destructive beam in a line to deal Physical Damage.
While time increases it’s range, visible enemy champions within 1100 units increase this ability’s power by 5% AD.
(75/115/155/195/235 plus 60% Total AD and 5% per nearby visible enemy champion)

Betwixt Blade- Caleb flings his sword to an enemy on his next auto [Up to 325 Range] and clicking on them again [Up to 500 Range] allows him to blink into auto range.

E: Spectral Dash- (15/13/11/9/7) Range:500

Consuming his body in Pumpkin Energy allows Caleb to temporarily become untargetable during a brief dash to a nearby location. Activating Spectral dash grants 2 Style Points.

Betwixt Crossbows- Caleb splits his weapon into its contradicting natures, increasing his auto range to 475 before firing a destructive orb to deal bonus damage in a [250 Diameter] on his next auto.

(AA Dmg plus 110% on primary target) and (AA Dmg plus 75% on the splash)

Consecutive auto attacks can hit up to two separate targets at the cost of halved damage and reduces Caleb’s movement speed by (-15) he gains another Betwixt Weaponry bonus.

R: Pumpkin Overdrive!- (100/80/60) Range:Self Effect Range:600

Caleb prepares to end the fight by enhancing his attacks for a 6/8/10 second duration. Swapping to a pair of clawed gauntlets and boots, enemies hit by Caleb's autos and abilities are marked for Doom and do not benefit from revival effects, invulnerability, or death prevention effects.

Additionally, marked targets suffer Magic damage (10/17.5/25+30% AD) whenever Caleb hits them with an attack or ability.

Betwixt Beatdown- Caleb's next auto channels a flurry of attacks consisting of 6 auto attacks with halved damage. While damaging his target he also deals damage (20% of Total AD) to enemies in a block behind the primary target. If the primary target is below 20% HP they are also stunned for the duration of the attack.

"I've got a dream to chase and enemies to kill, I won't stop until both deeds are done."- Caleb

XxxX

A/N I hope you all enjoyed the remaster of this story's first chapter. I'm not afraid to take requests from anyone and hope to continue writing for you all in the future. Just as a notice, I like to put up polls not because I don't know where I want to go with the story but because I like feedback and want to know what my readers would like to see. After all, it was you all who decided that this story would feature a four way relationship and it was you all who decided what skin Aki would get first. I like to do them but gosh it can be so anxiety inducing when no one votes for a bit xD. Anyways the current ones are basically who you'd like to see me improve upon and maybe give me some context about it. Other than that maybe I'll try editing older chapters later. Anyways have a nice day, thank you for the support, and feel free to ask me questions about the story or things you'd wanna see. P.S. Hope the Caleb stats come out fine.