Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of The Hooded Sagas
Stats:
Published:
2021-03-25
Updated:
2024-01-19
Words:
167,372
Chapters:
16/?
Comments:
9
Kudos:
11
Hits:
2,068

Rebooted

Summary:

Come and join Caleb, the lost twin of Quinn, and his ever present soul bound companion and parasite, Levia, as they once again set out to try and save Runeterra from as many terrible fates that would end it as possible. Along the way friends will be made, destruction will ensue, and a lot of messing around will happen. After all what's the point of having a world to explore if you don't have a home to go back to.

Update: Chapter 15

Feel free to show support for your favorite OC Champions and kits by voting in the poll at, https://strawpoll.com/88r6p1ha3

I am open to request from private messages and comments.

Chapter 1: REbooted

Chapter Text

Starring: Caleb, Levia, the Hood, Quinn, Neeko, "Sona", Arcade Neeko, Arcade Miss Fortune, and The Legendary Arcade Cero.

Amidst a smoky and gray void, several blue, white, and purple lights begin to illuminate this desolate place. The source of these flashes is a young man in a hooded black duster. Floating around in this colorless abyss, he adjusts the red lens goggles over his amber eyes and looks for his foe. He then just barely avoids his massive enemy by entering a special "spectral" form; the energy he was previously using to combat this monster now makes his body transparent. Plummeting through the dark recesses of his mind, the Hooded sees a mote of land and gets an idea. Summoning up a tendril of string from his hood, the vicenarian launches it at the floating island and pulls himself towards it. Dodging another lunge from the creature allows the man to see its form. The massive wyrm's body is as a blur darker than the night sky and with a fitting enough pair of bright orbs like stars for eyes. Its head is triangle shaped with a pair of horns growing back from it. Opening its maw, the demon reveals a darkness that promises only oblivion before firing a beam of bright orange light. Jumping off to dodge the attack, the Hooded attaches a new tendril to the now bisected mote before launching another at the beast. As soon as the line connects it pulls the fragment towards the monster; stunning it long enough to give its prey a chance to find a new mote to land on. Finally given a chance to steady himself, the warrior raises his gloved hands over his head and a magnificent blade appears. It is a one and half handed blade with a forte that spikes outwards, as though it were designed to tear rather than slice. This bastard sword is not only unique in appearance but also composition. Crafted with both Void nether corruption and Infinity Pool water, the entire blade is of a dark golden coloration with crackles of purple lightning inside of the blade and a dim aura of light on its perfect edge. Gathering his power into the blade, a beam of energy forms around it before he launches it at the great beast. While this attack succeeded in injuring the monster, it is able to successfully lunge at the Hooded and trap him in its maw. Before it can swallow him though, he channels power into his blade and it transforms. Equipped now with a pair of clawed gauntlets and greaves, the mysterious man pummels the creature's mouth. As it screeches out in pain, the Hooded is barely able to escape by turning spectral again. Falling once more, he turns to see his foe chasing after him and reveals his weapon's next transformation. Now wielding a pair of crossbows, one made of Void influence and the other of Celestial, he channels his soul into a globe of destructive energy. Firing the energy attack at the serpent's eyes, the man blinds his target enough to launch a new tendril at it. Yanking on the line, he sends himself flying towards its head and unleashes his weapon's last form. Gaining a front and rear hand guard, the Betwixt weapon gains a new blade except this one is lined with teeth. Landing on the beast's head, the Hooded prepares to cut into its head with his Chain Blade form before a voice makes itself known.

"Caleb, wait!" The ethereal but clear voice tells the man. Instinctively the Hooded stops his attack and looks into the eyes of the monster that has invaded his mind.

"Shut up Levia!" Caleb counters before a realization hits him. Despite never meeting the creature before, they both somehow know each other's names.

The pair of confused entities then feel their fall drastically slow before they touch a previously unknown ground. Any questions they may have had for each other are quickly answered though as memories from a previous life enter their minds. Not of a past life but rather of one similar to the one they are currently living. Realizing what has happened to them, a familiar taste that grows no less bitter enters their mouths.

"We failed." Both combatants shamefully admit. Any energy in them feels drained as the pair deflate upon realizing their ally was forced to restart the timeline.

"Do you recall why we failed?" The serpent known as Leviathan asks her partner. However to Caleb she is known as Levia, both to pester the dark entity and as a term of endearment.

"The only thing I can recall is a big flash and a burning sensation. Other than that, nothing." The cloaked mortal known as Caleb informs Levia. To most beings though, Caleb goes by another name passed down by his predecessors, C.

It then doesn't take long before another entity makes itself known to the pair. This new arrival is actually a manifestation of the very cloak he is wearing. Taking the form of a dark skinned woman with graying mane hair and rich brown eyes. It is wearing a poncho with an urban camouflage pattern, a matching leather jacket, fatigues, and a chain belt with a gun holster. The reasoning behind taking this form is Caleb may take the following news better if Nita tells him. Even going so far as to mimic Nita's harsh accent, the Hood tells it's wearer that various events in history have changed; some never happening or even taking place at different times than before. After taking some time to compare both timelines, the trio are able to determine that at least the "champions" still exist in this new world to one extent or another.

"Considering your history, would you like me to remind you of your own personal history Caleb?" Inquires the Hood of its user C. Knowing he has had issues with his memories in the past, the Hooded accepts the offer.

Taking some time to focus his mind onto the events of his current life, and with aid from his old memories, Caleb is able to more easily remember his journey. As always it starts with Nita managing to rescue him from an untimely demise as a child. This time however it would seem she didn't save him from the demon known as Tahm Kench. Instead she managed to retrieve his failed body from it's grave outside of Uwendale and manage to revive him from his fatal encounter with the tuskvore. With a combination of using the cloak to close his wounds, her "Oblivion Energy", and high levels of hemomancy, she manages to return him from the afterlife. While it might have cost him his memories, the boy is still grateful to be alive and follows the older Noxian woman.

Over the next few years, the duo would travel, train, and enjoy themselves all over the world before returning to their home base in Zaun. Unfortunately like all good things it must come to an end. What was meant to be an easy job into some nearby mines goes wrong as the Hooded are double crossed by the other Numerals. After narrowly escaping the disastrous mine collapse, Caleb is overwhelmed by both the flood of power from inheriting the mysterious Hood as well as the death of his mentor who sacrificed herself for him.

"Hey Hood, just putting it out there can we not go into detail about the next year or so? I really don't feel like reliving what comes next. I'm sure you don't need to be told that year twelve of my life was definitely not, you know, my fucking year to put it lightly." Caleb demands of the Hood before it can continue. Taking into account that the year involves C being experimented on, enslaved, and raped, it obliges.

The aforementioned experiments involved a dark spirit by the name of Dullahan being magically fused with Caleb. Along with four other successes, the Myths were then deployed in the Noxian Invasion of Ionia. While most troops were sent to battles to kill Ionians, Caleb and his fellow slaves were sent to kill the land itself. After several years of turning stretches of Ionia's landscape into wastelands, the Dullahan was suppressed in a chemical strike. Freed from his possession, the teenager fled from the island continent and his captors.

For a time Caleb lived as a bounty hunter until he felt a calling. Making it to the Shadow Isles, he finds himself consumed in flames. Awakening in a portion of the afterlife, Caleb is brought before his predecessors and reminded of who he is. Now trained in the ways of the Hooded, he is given a special task. Traveling all across Shurima, he takes an old blade from Nita and transforms it into his Betwixt Blade. With his weapon forged, C returns to Zaun to avenge his mentor. The following week saw a collapse in Zaun's power structure as the Numerals were dismantled after almost a century in power.

Unknown to the young man, since that day in the mines, a crystal he took was growing in power. Feeding off of his mind and soul, eventually his body was enveloped in armor that began draining him of his life force. Teleporting him all across the world, it sought to weaken him enough to become a puppet for the Leviathan. Eventually it stops at the bottom of the ocean, where it has rested during the month-long battle of wills.

Watching the void around them fill with his memories, Caleb asks his companions "So you guys wanna get out of here?" as if they would say no. At that moment, the beyond ancient armor begins to stir once more.

Meanwhile on the surface, a group of over twenty Noxian smugglers and slavers are selling a dozen Ionian slaves. In a hurry to finish their illegal activity, the criminals barely have time to load the captives onto their carriages when they notice something strange. An intense bubbling begins to approach the beach before a menacing figure emerges from the sea. It is encased completely in a set of silver, gold, and black plated armor. Behind his helmet that mimics Levia's, Caleb begins to feel a bloodlust consuming him. Releasing a massive demonic roar that sends the smuggler's horses fleeing in panic, he quickly dispels the Dark Armor. While everyone else is in a state of flight or fight, one of the smugglers and a pair of chimera vastaya begin to remember. "Boss.", Is the only word that leaves their lips as the roar of the Dark Armor reminds them of who they were.

"Oh my gods it feels so good to breathe air again! I know it was only a month and that's way better than my last time but still. Oh wow that breeze feels good. Oh wait a second I can actually feel stuff this lifetime? I see you improved your quality of life standards Hood. Wait a second we're not alone." Caleb notes as his rant finishes. Taking a closer look at what's happening, the Hooded summons his Betwixt Blade.

As the smugglers prepare to fight, one of their number tries to escort the slaves away from the upcoming fight. With two of their kind now leading the escape, the other Ionians go along with the escape plan. As the last of the Ionians slip into the treelines, the Noxian who was going to let them go anyways turns to C and shouts, "Give Em Hell sir." before leaving as well.

'Thank you, Dave!' The ecstatic Hooded says back in his head before noting the scum surrounding him. Seeing this as a warm up to test out his new abilities, Caleb begins to bounce in place to loosen up.

'Oh boy! It feels good to be back doesn't it C?' Levia's voice resonates in Caleb's mind. At that moment several of the slavers rush him with their spears at the ready.

"Yes it does Levia." He answers back before using a Coercion line to slam two of the three slavers who charged him head first into each other. It happens so suddenly that the last one even trips on their bodies and into a punt from Caleb. After taking out these enemies, the Hooded sees something he's never noticed before; on the back of his right hand a letter D made of his energy has appeared.

"Wait, do I have a style meter now? That's awesome! Alright, who wants to get styled on after my nap?!" Caleb taunts and catches his rating bump up to a C from doing so. Figuring one of his predecessors, most likely the Eccentric, gave him this gift he decides to test it and himself out even more.

As a dozen flintlocks and crossbows opens fire upon him, Caleb Spectral Dashes to safely avoid the damage; B! The firing squad are then either knocked down or killed by C's charged shot from his Betwixt Crossbows; A! Taking advantage of the confusion, the Hooded forces the survivors to then take cover behind one of their carriages. Using another pair of Coercion lines to launch himself towards the carriage, C decimates the survivors with his Chain weapon; S!

With only a handful of fleeing enemies remaining, Caleb is overcome with a familiar feeling as the Dark Armor emerges. This time to reward him by sending him into overdrive. Throwing his blade like a spear, the berserk Hooded impales a woman before blinking to her body; SS! Drawing his blade from her corpse, he then cuts off the remaining three's escape route with a Pumpkin Slash. Despite clearing outclassing and leaving no witnesses, C still feels a need to end this with a bang. As such once he decapitates and bisects the remaining pair of lackeys, he tackles their boss. Lifting the fat man up by his neck, Caleb summons his Betwixt Gauntlets and begins to rapidly punch the man. The force of the blows begins to lift the crime boss before Caleb unleashes a "Lowl!" sound and punches him away; SSS!

Taking a moment to come down from his power and bloodlust highs, Caleb takes in the carnage around him with a tinge of sadness. He regrets that these people would have to find themselves in combat with him instead of leading good lives. Shaking his head, the Hooded reminds himself this is only the start nor the first time he's done such things.

XxxX

Unbeknownst to him, his roar has begun to reach several others around the world. They include a futuristic cyborg in a Zaunite warehouse tending to her new augments, a former shadow ninja who just cleared out an encampment of his former fellow students, an amalgamation stalking several chem punks in an alleyway, and a woman singing a song while floating up a Freljordian cliff. The most important one though is a certain ranger in the wilds of Demacia. She is currently investigating the area with her avian companion when she hears a familiar voice.

"It can't be." A startled Quinn thinks aloud upon hearing a faint echo. It is enough of a shock that it takes Valor descending to check on her to snap the Demacian woman out of it. While she heads downhill to intercept several Noxian warmasons, Caleb and Levia plan out what to do next on the other side of the continent.

"Huh, so this is what it's like to show up early for a party." The Hooded remarks as he piles up all his freshly looted valuables. Putting everything into his extra dimensional pockets, Caleb sits down and dips his feet into the water.

'You could try meeting up with everyone earlier than expected? I mean it would give us time to prepare more and even dick around a bit. After all, we were kind of rushing to assemble an army last time.' Levia replies in an unusually wise way; or at least to Caleb she does.

XxxX

Managing to find a nearby Bandle portal, C teleports to the southern coast of Valoran. It is there that he uncovers a gift from his predecessors. Built into the chalky cliffs, he manages to find a hidden pathway that leads to an underground factory. Finding a pedestal at the base of the steps, instincts tell Caleb to place his hand upon it and channel his energy into it. With "Pumpkin Energy" now flowing into the constructs around him, the automatons begin to awaken, repair themselves, and take up their work. Leaving the artistically crafted clockwork machines behind, the Hooded ponders where he should sleep. Making his way into the nearby forest, Caleb tracks down several razorbeaks and farms them. Impaling one of the birds on the Betwixt Blade, the Hooded then hangs it from a nearby tree branch with Coercion lines. Focusing his energy into his palm, C then cooks the raptor from inside out.

'You're probably gonna wanna eat that with some barbeque sauce. Hmm do you think that woman Gwen would be able to help you?' Levia wonders while looking at the tender meat cooking.

"I think she's currently regenerating into a younger form right now. Apparently that's how hemomancers work. I wonder if maybe Sona would be willing to let me crash at her manor?" Caleb responds as he takes his hot meal off the Betwixt Blade. Quickly realizing his mistake, he swaps to his Gauntlets before he can burn his hands trying to hold it.

'Congratulations Caleb, you've gained a level up in using powers for mundane, stupid thing. I mean do you know how many people would want lasers, Coercion lines, or a shape shifting sword that can erase things from existence? As for Sona, you know well that a place to sleep isn't the only reason and did you hear that just now?" Levia cuts off mid rant to alert C to a potential nearby threat.

From the nearby bushes emerges a lone bunny. Having seen enough weird stuff in his life though, Caleb launches a Coercion line at the mammal. By the time it's strung upside down, it has transformed into a reptilian girl.

"Please don't eat Neeko like her beak friends! Neeko doesn't taste that good!" The lizard girl shouts out in panic at being caught. Realizing he's in no danger, Caleb then gently helps the vastaya down.

"I didn't realize it was just you, Neeko. I've heard about you from Nidalee and I'd like to be friends. Would you like some of my dinner?" Caleb offers Neeko before sitting down on a nearby log.

Looking at the roasted bird with a tinge of sadness, Neeko tells him, "Neeko doesn't want to eat bird friends so soon. Does this one have cheese bread?" The energetic Oovi-Kat asks before she is disappointed by a quick, "No."

"Hey, don't look at me like that. I just came here after being asleep for a while and I was hungry. Hmm I think there is a town fairly close here, maybe I can find you something. Just stop looking at me with those big sad eyes. Hate seeing good people looking sad." Caleb comments as he puts away his roast. Heading back towards the Bandle tree, Caleb invites Neeko to take his hand. Before that though Neeko turns into a yordle as, "It feels right this way."

Via a small flower growing out of the cobble stone, the pair arrive in an alley inside of a Demacian village. After thanking the plant, the duo make their way to a nearby store. To better blend in, Neeko changes her shape to that of a child since she wants to stay smaller for a bit longer. Bumping into a mageseeker, C profusely apologizes before they enter the local bakery. With his newly pickpocketed funds, Caleb is easily able to buy Neeko her favorite food. Scaling up the side of the town hall, the duo have a small picnic and watch the sunset. After memorizing the view to paint it later, Caleb leaves Neeko to see if Sona will help him. While he's a bit worried she won't remember him, his previous life gives him hope that her fame hasn't gone to her head.

Emerging from the last rays of sunlight, Caleb finds himself at a beautiful vineyard. A field of flowers separates him from the manor on top of the nearby hill. Waiting for the last of the servants to leave, the Hooded swiftly arrives at the front door. With no one in sight, Caleb takes his hood and goggles off and dispels the mist that obscures his face before knocking on the door. Taking out a small basket filled with bread, cheese, and leftover raptor meat, the young man tries to push back his dark purple hair to make himself look decent.

"Oh damn it, I can't do this. She's gonna cut my head off with that etwahl; I just know it. We should leave, yeah that sounds good. Have you and the Hood set up a network of portals yet?" Ask a nervous Caleb who is really hoping the answer is yes. He is getting so worked up that a headache has even begun to form.

‘We need until tomorrow morning just to come up with a plan. If we found Yuumi and Book or Norra this could be easier. So quit being a little bitch and put on the charm you bastard!’ Levia shouts back as a means of "encouragement" before returning to her progress. Caleb then sees a figure standing in the doorway. Taking a step back, the Maven of Strings is shocked to see a boy she once knew standing there.

"Uhhh hey Sona. Would you mind if I came into your home? I don't have a place to stay the night. I brought some food and if you want you're willing to umm talk with me. You don't have to do anything but I'd really appreciate it." Caleb says as he holds forth his bundle of wild flowers and the food basket. Before he can get an answer, the woman politely excuses herself for a minute and gestures for him to stay where he is.

'Really man, you brought her a bunch of random flowers and a basket of food like that would convince her to let you stay over?! Oh god she's trying to get into my head. Just a second Sona. Okay I should get this cringiness out of me quickly. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!' Are the thoughts currently racing through Caleb’s head. With how much of a screw up he feels like, the Hooded feels like his title should be, 'The Failed One'.

Walking into the massive house, he notices that Sona has found a key that she hands him. It turns out to be towards a guest room on the second floor. Telling him to be quiet so as to not disturb Lestara or her sister, the hostess offers him a drink. He immediately accepts if not only to spend more time around the muse.

'So what have you been up to since I last saw you? Gosh, it's been years since we last saw each other. I almost didn't recognize you when I opened the door. By the way, I'm more than willing to let you stay the night.' Sona mentally communicates to Caleb while getting a kettle of tea ready.

"Oh I've been all over the place, just seeing the world and getting to know people. I even found out who I was before I got to the orphanage. Turns out I actually met your mom before she came to get you." Caleb desperately tries to reply in as cool of a way as possible.

'Well that sounds interesting, especially that last part. So how did you and Lestara meet each other?' Sona inquires with a new found interest, which is piqued even more by her old friend.

"Well I umm you see I actually saved her life a long time ago but I got really badly hurt doing… you know what, just forget about it. Hey this tea is pretty good, is it jasmine tea?" Says the man who has survived both metaphorical and literal Hell a plethora of times. He then asks for a brief mental break and Sona obliges.

'What the fuck was that?! Get your head in the fucking game man! You nuked all the summoners and made a bunch of "godlike" entities your bitch but you can't talk to a fucking woman?! The hell is wrong with you?! Is this even jasmine tea? You don't know dick about tea! Why the fuckity fuck would you try to start a conversation centered around it?!'

After finishing their chamomile tea, the two go to leave for their respective bedrooms but not before Sona asks him to follow her again. The pair end up in a room full of all sorts of instruments including the legendary etwahl. As the stringed death machine enters Sona's hands, Caleb can already feel his body start to fade towards spectral mode. His fear stemming from the fact that he knows her secrets and how desperate mages in Demacia can be. These foolish fears cease however as she walks towards a piano's seat and invites him to sit next to her.

'I heard of a similar story when my mother brought me here. It was after I asked her why she would want to adopt a child when she already had one of her own. She told me that it was a way of her helping a child like one had helped her long ago. It would seem to me C, that you're the infamous Caleb I've heard so much about.' The smiling woman informs the now surprised C. It is a mixture of him having never told her his true name or expecting such a high ranking noble as Lestara to even remember his name. There would be more time for questions later though as he just sits down and takes in the revelations he just received.

XxxX

Alternate Universe Snippet: Arcade # 1

When Team RGB's chaperone left them to get lunch, the trio expected today to be relaxing. After breaking their weapons while grinding, Sona, Riven, and Sarah were dropped off at Neeko's Shop to get repairs. Before the destined goddess could even finish haggling though, a large explosion rocked the brickwork building. It would seem that they were followed and now the Battle Bosses are taking the chance to strike. With enemy soldiers and robots pinning down the girls with blaster fire, several gargoyles try to break in through the front door. The next ten minutes are filled with RGB desperately barricading themselves with furniture, Neeko's Neexie Gang evacuating with her wares and coins, and Neeko overseeing everyone. As the front doors begin to come off their hinges, being held up only by a couch and a fridge, Neeko decides to take a smoke. Wiping her forehead because overseeing is hard work, the merchant queen pulls out her lighter only for a blaster bolt to destroy it. Giving an exasperated sigh, Neeko begins to scavenge amongst the debris for her spare. Her last Neexie ends up bringing it to her before jumping into the sewers with the rest of its kind.

"Thank you tiny Neeko! Oh hey you three are still alive, that's good. Neeko expects compensation for damages." The lizard girl says before taking a drag from her cigarette. Looking at the lizard girl with pure spite, the team is reminded of their task as a hand grabs Sarah's arm through a gap.

"How can you be so calm?! They're either gonna kill us out there or bury us alive at this rate you stupid lizard wizard!" Sarah screams as she desperately pulls her arm away. Above the battlefield in a space fighter, Battle Boss Samira orders for more reinforcements. A demonic portal appears above the street to deploy a purple Zac, a Baron Nashor, and a walking portal aberration.

"Because Neeko knows that this is a survival type of mission. We should have lasted long enough for help to arrive, so get your panties out of a twist." As though to prove her point, they hear the sound of a motorcycle approaching as the Baron begins to melt down the door. Taking notice of the noise as well Samira looks towards the source.

Her scouter informs her that a massive power is heading towards her position and she comes to a conclusion. "Well, I may be reckless but I'm not stupid." The mercenary notes before dimension skipping away. The timing couldn't be any better either as Team RGB's knight in red, leather armor arrives.

Using the lightning variant of his Coercion chains, Cero makes his presence known to the rest by slamming two drones together. {"Dope"- Rival Boss Quinn} At this point, a large robot walker with chaingun notices the fiend hunter and opens fire on him. Sliding under its hull, Cero transforms his motorcycles into a pair of Chain weapons. Cutting off the walker's legs, he then leaps into the air and with a cry of "Cavalier Kick!" cut it in half. {"Coooool."- Neeko} Quickly noticing Zac trying to slam onto him, Cero dashes out of the way in a blur of crimson light. Now wielding a pair of black and white crossbows, the hired gun unleashes their bolts into the blob creature. This attack hits with such force that it sends the slimey mass crashing into the remaining soldiers. {"Bold."- Riven}

With the blaster fire dying down, the ladies of RGB peek to see what their op teammate is doing. Suddenly via a hole in the roof, a pile of pizza boxes, sandwich bags, and various other fast foods appear like a loot crate. After a moment, the group of colorful women realize it's the lunch Cero went out to get them. Backing away from the mostly melted entrance, the party takes a moment to relax and eat.

Back outside, the Zac is trying to repeatedly grab onto the evasive hybrid but is finding little success. Dawning his flaming gauntlets and greaves, Cero delivers a devastating kick to where the blob's stomach would be. Grabbing it by its nucleus head tendril, he then begins to spin it around him before throwing it into the air. Chasing after it with a blink, the fiend hunter then begins to pummel the slime monster, and even it's bloblets, out of existence. {"Awe inspiring"- Miss Fortune} Seeing the walking pile of tentacles with a portal for a back, the alternate Caleb rushes towards the enemies' escape route. Knowing it's their only quick way out of the Arcade realm, the gargoyles try to rush him. Avoiding a swipe, Cero lands on his back and begins to spin his legs to ward off his foes.

"Hahaha, I'm on fire! Now let me show you what a real boss looks like!" The veteran combatant taunts before becoming bathed in crimson energy and fire. Sprouting a pair of leathery wings, his body becomes covered in dark chitin and blood red scales. Growing over eight inches, he is now over six and a half feet tall. His once kind amber eyes now burn with a fiery glow, as his wings fold in and his clothes become stone like armor versions of themselves. {'Spectacular'- Sona}

With a simple wave of his clawed hand, Devil Cero summons his very essence to form a sword that carries his name. Using his enhanced speed, the half Battle Boss blinks out of the circle of foes and raises his blade in one hand. Gathering a massive blade of energy, he obliterates the stone constructs before they can even react to him missing. {"Smoke Show"- Jinx} As the explosion fades, the living portal begins to spawn weird elementals to defend itself. The teleportation is cut off though as the Cero blade flies at the creature and impales it. Blinking to the quadruped, Cero channels his power into his bastard sword and bisects the abomination; which slowly splits in two before exploding into pixels. {"Simply Sensational Styling!"- Morg}

"Alright, a triple S. Are you girls alright?!" Devil Cero asks before the Baron tries to crush him under a tentacle. The titanic voidborne fails though as the Legendary Cero casually catches the appendage with one hand.

"Traitor!" Is what the alien monster screeches at the hybrid before spitting acid at him. Dodging the attack, Cero grows annoyed as yet another enemy only recognizes him as his father. However his attitude quickly changes as he sees this for the opportunity it is; a chance to show the destined saviors of the Arcade what they can become, if not to show off a bit too.

"I didn't expect to go for a Quadruple S today, but for the big guy in the audience I'll make an exception. Make sure to save me some of that food ladies, not that this will take long. Sin Form go!" Cero commands before energy gathers into the Cero blade and he drives it into himself.

As he begins to transform once again, Neeko throws a curtain over the rest of Team RGB while shouting,"Don't look at it! You guys aren't ready for it yet! Oh but it's still so coooool!" Glimpsing up, Neeko gazes at what was once Cero after giving up most of the Player in him to ascend. An inhumane roar then heralds a bright flash of light reduces all nearby enemies to ashes. {"Super Smokin Sexy Style!"- Team RGB and FMC}

XxxX

Spotlight featuring: Caleb

Aliases: The Hooded, Perfect Host

Birthplace: Uwendale, Demacia

Weapons: Betwixt Blade, Pumpkin Energy attacks, and Hood strings

Species: Human

Occupations: Coalition leader, Artist, Former Soldier, Former Bounty Hunter

Appearance: In his early twenties, Caleb has picked up some style tips during his travels. Thanks to the Hood's shapeshifting abilities, the Hooded is able to wear whatever attire suits his mood; it also assists in hiding his presence and looks from enemies. Typically found in his trademark hooded black duster, Caleb has taken on mostly Zaun influenced apparel. Wearing red dress shirts, black suit vest and dark dress pants, the Hooded radiates an almost professional look. Not wanting to alienate people with the Hood's masking ability however, Caleb tries to reduce the effects with red lens goggles, a black bandana, and dark gloves. In an attempt to not forget who he is, the lost twin has also had a C embroidered on the back of his right glove.

With the aid of Levia, and at the cost of his soul, Caleb can also call upon the powers of the Dark Armor to grant him increased power in battle. Becoming enveloped in silver, golden, and black plate armor, Caleb's helmet resembles that of a Levia herself; a serpent with a pair of growing back. Often the Hood will act as a cloak or cape while he is in this state. This armor is also capable of evolutions yet reached; after training with Morgana it has also become adorned with celestial chains.

His main weapon, the Betwixt Blade, is most often seen in it's bastard sword form. It is a one and half handed blade with a forte that spikes outwards, as though it were designed to tear rather than slice. The entire blade is of a dark golden coloration with crackles of purple lightning inside of the blade and a dim aura of light on it's perfect edge.

Eye color: Amber

Measurements: 5'10, 180 pounds, ectomorph build

Likes: Painting, Games, Vibing

Dislikes: Apathetic beings, Tuskvores, Manipulative people

Quick Bio: When Caleb sacrificed himself to save Lestara Buvelle he had no idea the events to come. Rescued from death by the previous Hooded, Nita, he has spent years living various lives across Runeterra. Eventually memories of his past came to him and he now seeks to stop the apocalypses to come. Together with his soul bonded partner, Levia, Caleb seeks to gather an army capable of helping him. With these allies and enough time to control the powers bestowed onto him, the lost twin hopes to one day go back home with Quinn. In the meantime, there are battles to be won and choices to be made.

Base stats Levels 1-18: Health: 574 +91.4117647(91)/Level - 2130

Health Regen: 6.5 +0.73529411(0.7)/level - 19

Armor: 33 +3.70588235(4)/Level - 96

MR: 32 +1.235294(1)/Level - 54

MS: 340

AD: 62 +4/Level - 130

Attack speed: 0.65

Bonus AS: 0 +2.6470588(2.5)%/Level - 45%

Range: 150

Passive: Dark Armor- Caleb's secondary bar consists of a Style Meter which gains 2 points up to 16 for successfully casting and hitting different abilities, empowered autos, as well as completed Taunts or Jokes.
Being out of combat causes Caleb to lose Style points at a rate of 1 per second at S tier or below and 2 per second after hitting Triple S tier.

At 10 Style points, Caleb reaches S tier, granting him the following benefits:
Levia's armor will envelope Caleb, increasing his Base AD by 15+5 per Level

At 16 Style points Caleb reaches Triple S tier, this lowers his W channel time by half and grants an additional plus 3% Armor and Magic Resistance to his stats.

Betwixt Weaponry- Activating an ability grants a special buff to Caleb's next auto attack. Buffs cannot be stacked and must be used before a new one can be gained.

Q: Coercion- (12/11.5/11/10.5/10 CD) Range:1100/800 units

Using the fibers of his hood, Caleb fires out two strings that stick to enemies and deal Physical Damage. Hitting both strings on the same enemy will pull Caleb to them. Hitting two different enemies pulls them towards each other.

The first cast fires a skill shot up to 1100 range that deals 60% of the total damage. The second cast fires a point and click up to 800 range that deals 40% of the total damage.
1st cast: (48/60/75/93/114 plus 36% Total AD)
2nd cast: (32/40/50/62/76 plus 24% Total AD)
Total Damage: (80/100/125/155/190 plus 60% Total AD)

Betwixt Saw Form- Changing his weapon into a chainsaw, Caleb's next auto attack reduces the armor of the target it hits by a percentage (15/17.5/20/22.5/25%) for 4 sec.

W: Pumpkin Slash- (10/9/8/7/6 CD) Range:0.1 secs per 65/Up to 1300 units

Rooting himself in place, Caleb begins channeling energy into his blade for up to 2 seconds before unleashing a destructive beam in a line to deal Physical Damage.
While time increases it’s range, visible enemy champions within 1100 units increase this ability’s power by 5% AD.
(75/115/155/195/235 plus 60% Total AD and 5% per nearby visible enemy champion)

Betwixt Blade- Caleb flings his sword to an enemy on his next auto [Up to 325 Range] and clicking on them again [Up to 500 Range] allows him to blink into auto range.

E: Spectral Dash- (15/13/11/9/7) Range:500

Consuming his body in Pumpkin Energy allows Caleb to temporarily become untargetable during a brief dash to a nearby location. Activating Spectral dash grants 2 Style Points.

Betwixt Crossbows- Caleb splits his weapon into its contradicting natures, increasing his auto range to 475 before firing a destructive orb to deal bonus damage in a [250 Diameter] on his next auto.

(AA Dmg plus 110% on primary target) and (AA Dmg plus 75% on the splash)

Consecutive auto attacks can hit up to two separate targets at the cost of halved damage and reduces Caleb’s movement speed by (-15) he gains another Betwixt Weaponry bonus.

R: Pumpkin Overdrive!- (100/80/60) Range:Self Effect Range:600

Caleb prepares to end the fight by enhancing his attacks for a 6/8/10 second duration. Swapping to a pair of clawed gauntlets and boots, enemies hit by Caleb's autos and abilities are marked for Doom and do not benefit from revival effects, invulnerability, or death prevention effects.

Additionally, marked targets suffer Magic damage (10/17.5/25+30% AD) whenever Caleb hits them with an attack or ability.

Betwixt Beatdown- Caleb's next auto channels a flurry of attacks consisting of 6 auto attacks with halved damage. While damaging his target he also deals damage (20% of Total AD) to enemies in a block behind the primary target. If the primary target is below 20% HP they are also stunned for the duration of the attack.

"I've got a dream to chase and enemies to kill, I won't stop until both deeds are done."- Caleb

XxxX

A/N I hope you all enjoyed the remaster of this story's first chapter. I'm not afraid to take requests from anyone and hope to continue writing for you all in the future. Just as a notice, I like to put up polls not because I don't know where I want to go with the story but because I like feedback and want to know what my readers would like to see. After all, it was you all who decided that this story would feature a four way relationship and it was you all who decided what skin Aki would get first. I like to do them but gosh it can be so anxiety inducing when no one votes for a bit xD. Anyways the current ones are basically who you'd like to see me improve upon and maybe give me some context about it. Other than that maybe I'll try editing older chapters later. Anyways have a nice day, thank you for the support, and feel free to ask me questions about the story or things you'd wanna see. P.S. Hope the Caleb stats come out fine.

Chapter 2: REleased

Summary:

Welcome back to the story everyone or if you're new thank you for coming. I do as always hope that you enjoy the chapter and know that all support is appreciated.

Chapter Text

Starring: Caleb, Levia, Riven, The Hood, The Kontes, and Cathy with a cameo from DAHN.

After making a quick breakfast of eggs, toast, and bacon for his gracious hostess and himself, Caleb makes his way quickly off the grounds of the Buvelle estate. By the time the servants arrive, there is no trace that anyone else besides Lestara was ever at the house. Around this time, Levia and the Hood inform Caleb of a new development. Due to the chaotic and wild nature of the Bandle wood, teleportation will temporarily be more difficult. The only areas currently available include Demacia, Noxus, and Ionia. Hearing the last option, Caleb teleports to the island continent.

In typical Bandle based travel, a supposed rare occurrence in nature must occur for a gateway to open. As two snowy winds going in opposite directions pass each other, C emerges from between them. He quickly makes his way towards an inn in what he assumes is in the mountainous north of the island nation. It is a simple place but one that is still a welcoming sight for anyone traveling these cold roads. A fire is kept going in one corner of the inn to help ward off the cold from the snow storm outside. Meanwhile on the opposite side of the room, past the bar counter being tended to by a middle aged woman, the teen daughter of the couple who owns the place sits. Here she plays on her erhu for the few midday patrons having a meal. Caleb soon recognizes the song, it tells the tale of a man following a beautiful spirit into a snow storm to never return.

"I thought that song was supposed to have a more mellow tune." The hooded stranger says as he sits down at the bar. It doesn't take long after that for the mother of the musician to approach him for his order.

"The girl is a hopeless romantic. This boy came in here a bit back and talked about how he broke up with a girl. They came from opposing clans or something. Suppose she hopes they find their way, honestly I think he was making it up. So traveler, what is it you would like?" The woman asks before pulling out a notepad. She soon returns with a cup of ale, tsukune, and rice balls when the front door is slammed open.

It would seem five of your typical thugs have marched into the place with crude but effective weapons. Before the girl in the back can shout at them to leave, one of them is struck in the face with a chair. Walking up to the group, the Hooded flexes his weapon's various forms before putting it away.

"Who the hell are you?!" The presumable leader of the group nervously demands before pointing his sword at C. With a Coercion line, the Hooded quickly tears the weapon from the man's hands. Feeling how awkward the blade is weighted, Caleb channels some Pumpkin energy and throws it into the ground at the group's feet.

"I'm just a guy who wants to eat a nice meal, relax, and, just maybe, find out where some of his friends are! But for you guys, hahaha, I'm the person about to ruin both your evenings and your lives." C confidently states before cracking his knuckles. In a strange turn of events, the thugs drop their weapons and flee just as Caleb was ready to fight. A moment later, one of them also returns to retrieve their forgotten unconscious friend.

"Oh, well that's actually a pleasant change of events. I guess they realized what they wanted wasn't worth it if it meant going through me. Neat." Caleb notes before he returns to his seat. Soon the father emerges from the kitchen with a knife at the ready before his wife and child stop him. After explaining what happened, the owners of this fine establishment decide to give Caleb free lodging and meals for his stay.

'Hmm It would seem this is why Aki was able to stay around here so long. He must have handled the more unruly "guest" and this is how they thanked him.' Levia pieces together as her host enjoys his kebab of meatballs.

After waiting all day for the Shadow Wurm to appear, Caleb decides to go to sleep. As he gets ready for bed, Levia, the Hood, and himself come up with theories on where Aki could be. Their former shadow fighter could be either at a different inn, fighting shadow ninjas, or worse case, might not even exist anymore. The Hooded quickly dismisses the last theory as he believes it was Aki that the musician met.

XxxX

That night, Caleb experiences a dream that only serves to exacerbate the fear he has of his friends and allies not existing anymore. Deep within the depths of Hell is a desolate town, this place serving as both an oasis from the suffering and a home for the souls of the past Hooded. All twenty of them are suddenly put on alert when a strong rumbling disturbs the area. It doesn't take long for the mages of the clan to determine the disturbance is temporal based. Soon a member of the makeshift family, known as Knight, begins to writhe on the ground in agony. At first the group fears her Void mutation is acting up. Quickly moving to restrain the woman, they are shocked to see her revert to her human form. After rising with no issue, the brunette is quickly checked and is found to be free of Void corruption. However before they could celebrate or speculate on what has happened, a terrible event occurs. The second oldest hooded, known as King, falls to his knees before fading away. More Hooded are quick to follow until only ten remain. These survivors then quickly turn towards the colorful mage of the group by the name of Eccentric. Caleb's last few moments in the dream are of his predecessors running towards the sorceress.

XxxX

"Thanks for the coffee. I really needed this after a bad dream last night. I actually came here looking for someone, would you be able to tell me more about the young man you mentioned last night? His name is Aki." The latest Hooded inquires before taking a sip of his brew.

"I'm afraid not. He just ordered a glass of water and left as quickly as he came. If you came all the way out here for him then maybe he's looking for you too young one. After all, it wouldn't be the first person coming through here asking if we saw someone they used to know. Been like that ever since that damned war. My love Deshi and even my dearest Kayo try to help me remember all the different faces that pass through here. So many desperate faces, each trying to hold onto something probably gone but they keep going still." The humble innkeeper answers before she goes down a dark road. She is quick to snap out of her depressing thoughts and pours herself a glass of water.

"I'm sorry but can I ask you about someone else before I go? I'm also looking for a woman with a large sword wandering these lands? She has dark amber eyes that look like rust and pale hair on her head. Maybe you've even heard rumors about a Noxian deserter?" Caleb asks as he decides to look for someone else while in Ionia. The hostess manages to recall a story of a woman down south that matches his description.

As he prepares to teleport to Yone and Yasuo's hometown, a new thought pops into his mind. It is an image of a terrifying beast that slaughtered Ionians during the war.

"Hey Levia, why don't we call Dullahan's old war horse, Ulemko? I mean we know he's friendly, well to me at least." Caleb suggested before a heavy blizzard overtakes him. Unable to see far, the only thing he can make out are two lumps moving towards him.

'Oh so you wanna look like a Nazgul when you go to see her. I mean nothing says, "Hey come join my side." like riding on a demonic horse.' Levia scolds her host before the pair of lumps become clear. They are a pale woman with an equal pale child in her arms. Knowing they are the source of the magical weather, Caleb bites onto the Betwixt Blade and approaches the spirits.

XxxX

Several hours later, Riven was just finishing plowing a row of dirt when the plow blade snapped and her ox screamed. Worried the animal was hurt in the accident, she quickly checks the beast legs for any injuries. Unbeknownst to her, it wasn't the broken tool that had startled the bovine but rather a hooded figure manifesting in front of it. Catching a glimpse of a shadow over her, Riven instinctively rolls with the fragmented blade and throws it. A quick deflection from a sinister looking blade saves the newly arrived figure.

"Hello Riven. I see you've managed to carve out a life for yourself. But, um, it looks like your crop row is a little jagged." The demacian country boy remarks while taking in the fairly remote farm. From the nearby house, an old couple emerges as they feel a dread sense of deja vu from the scene before them.

"Emai! Fair! Stay back! This one is dangerous and not normal!" The pale haired woman shouts back to her family before turning to scowl at the mysterious attacker.

"Father and mother huh. I suppose this means you won't be needing to stay at my place this time around; even so I'd still like you to hear me out on what I have to offer. Oh Hello! I'm just here to chat with your daughter! I'm actually an old friend!" Caleb yells after he notices the couple on the porch. Trying to ease the tensions with Riven, he reaches his hand to help her up but is ignored.

The two veterans take a few minutes to repair the plow before Asa Konte comes up to them. He tells the pair that it's almost time for lunch and even offers the Hooded food. After having his offer graciously accepted, the old man goes to help his wife prepare the meal. While the former invaders test the plow, Caleb begins to feel a familiar sensation overtake him.

'Alright Caleb, just tell her that you need her to go with you. Riven has to know how much the world is going to, no, how much you need her. Wait, why am I talking in my head? Oh shit!' Caleb mentally shouts as he returns to one of his more out of body experiences.

"Sooo Riven, I have a proposal for you. You get your sword and I grab mine. Then we go out and kill a bunch of nasty stuff. Does that sound good to you, Captain?" Caleb's body says in the worst way possible while his mind is busy screaming in anguish.

"Who the hell do you think you are to call me Captain?! Only my company could call me that and they aren't exactly able to! Also in case you didn't notice, I'm not a warrior anymore; I'm a farmer now." Riven confirms before her outburst leaves her feeling a bit drained and saddened. Seeing his mistake, Caleb hopes to appease the woman by revealing a heavy chest from his hood. Dropping it onto the ground, the masterly crafted box spills forth a small tide of gold and jewels.

"Here, you can have all this treasure. It's yours, no strings attached, but please listen to me. I want and need you to join me when the time comes. You see, I'm trying to help save the world and last time I tried to do this you were the first person I had by my side." C plainly states to show to the former Noxian woman how serious he is.

"I will listen but you need to answer my questions first. I would like to know who you are, after all you seem to know a lot about me. Could you maybe even show me your face?" The Exile asks before pulling out some grass to feed her tired oxen.

"You would most likely know me by my alternative name of Dullahan. Now if you'd allow me, I'd like to tell you what I need your help with. For starters, undead will run rampant and trap countless souls in dark mist. Alien creatures from another reality run amok on both of the mainland, in the south they are held back by wild arcane energy but in the north they spread coldness and death. The very stars will have blinked out of existence, leaving the sky as black and empty as the unforgiving seas below. These seas will have swallowed entire islands and left nothing behind. On a more personal note, Demacia is left an empty husk of itself after it is consumed physically by war and spiritually by demons. Your new home of Ionia, it's just a twisted and barren waste of it's former glory. So many terrible things are coming but, only if people who can act don't; and I plan to." C strongly affirms with a strong sense of determination in his voice. He actually ends up stumbling a bit afterwards, as though telling of this future was exhausting and the weight of responsibility was placed on him again.

"No one but my company ever learned of Dullahan's existence. However, I doubt you'd have wasted so much time if you came to kill me over that. As for what you said about the future, the way you said it feels like either you're a good liar or telling the truth. I'm hoping for the former but considering my luck that won't be the case. The swordmaster notes as she comes to terms with what she has heard.

"Riven, I need people like you to help me stop these problems before they can become reality. So will you go with me and save the world?" The Hooded asks his friend before offering his hand again for her to take. Internally, Caleb is thanking his Hood for temporarily taking over for him since he was struggling to talk.

'So do you think he's got a chance?' Levia asks the Hood while eating a bucket of fried chicken she found in Caleb's memories. The apparel gives him a solid chance as long as he doesn't do something stupid.

"I would like that very much Dullahan but I simply can't take that offer. I'm needed here and I don't think you'd want me to help you with that mission. I just can't fight anymore." The Ionian tells him before gently pushing his hand away. Unable to accept this answer, Caleb performs an act of desperation and teleports them.

CRSN

In the nearby Courel Valley, Caleb and Riven emerge from a lone flower at the peak of the muddy path. It was between these two cliffs that Riven was caught in a chemical bombing and lost faith in Noxus. Before Caleb can even scold Riven for her current mindset, they hear a gurgling scream from down the route. Going to investigate the disturbance, the veterans come across a horrifying sight. A golem made of deathly pale flesh has just finished beating a man to death. After it is done, the dark being starts to shudder violently before splitting down the front of it's body. Revealing a mass of vein-like tentacles and enlarged ribs acting as teeth, the creature starts to devour it's victim. Eager to get out of there before the spirit can finish, the two former champions begin to cautiously back away. This plan ends up failing when an ash filled hole swallows Riven's foot and the creature is alerted to their presence. With the corrupted being charging them, Riven being stuck in the hole, and no teleportation available, Caleb has no choice but to release a hideous wail.

A, "Chh Chh Chh.", sound confirms their ride has arrived as a warhorse burst forth from the hole holding Riven. It's deep and rich brown fur is covered in an ash colored barding. Crimson red eyes glow from underneath it's faceplate but the bottom half is exposed to show it's lipless, razor sharp smile. Ulemko then uses these teeth to then toss Riven onto it's back. Caleb then quickly joins her and after grabbing onto the beast's smoke-like mane and they flee.

Despite it running as fast as it can, Ulemko can't shake off the pursuing spirit, which has turned into an undulating mass of onyx death. Leaving the valley, our escapees quickly find themselves heading down a rocky ridge. Ahead of them is a river and treeline that Riven quickly recognizes as the border of the village she now calls home.

"Ulemko please don't head to the treeline! Dullahan, we can't lead this thing back to the village." Riven pleads to her former allies. She can't even begin to imagine the horrors such a monstrosity would unleash on her home.

"On it! Betwixt Crossbows! Ugh, I almost vomited just now. This thing smells as bad as a dead body." C notes about the creature before he starts to pepper it with bolt fire. While this slows it down, the mass simply keeps on crashing forward before swinging out a hand to trip Ulemko. It successfully snags one of the mystical steed's legs and sends the trio ragdolling downhill. On the other side of the river, several fishermen notice the injured party and go to try and help them.

"Ulemko! Get them to safety! Tomori tell Asa to give my sword to the horse!" Riven shouts to those around her gives as she tries to ensure everyone gets out alive. Trying to ignore the pain of the fall, Riven strains herself getting up before noticing Caleb is missing.

Seeing more meat attempting to escape, the former nuppeppo tries to assault the former Noxian but finds itself stuck in place. Emerging from the ground is a tendril that is chaining it to the ground. Unable to tear itself free from the line, the abomination roars in frustration only for another Coercion to seal it's maw shut.

"You hit my horse. You sent me and my lady friend crashing down a hill. I'm going to enjoy ripping you apart!" An enraged C shouts as he rises from beneath the ground. The Hooded exemplifies this point by summoning his Betwixt Saw before lunging forward at the beast.

Not one to be intimidated by the loud snack before it, the horror tears off the chunk of flesh chaining it to the ground. With the beast distracted by the Hooded, Riven rushes across the river to try and catch the demonic steed on the way back. In spite of knowing the destructive acts the Dullahan committed during the war, the former commander can't help but hope Caleb can survive.

Said demacian is currently being forced onto the defensive and using his Spectral Dash along with Coercion lines to avoid the spirit's attacks. Taking advantage of it's amorphous form, the mass of twisted flesh is always able to keep C in it's line of sight. To make matters worse, it seems no matter how many times Caleb cuts off it's limbs the abomination simply regenerates. Deciding to attempt something new, Caleb throws the Betwixt Blade at the creature's head. As the creature tries to crush him yet again, the Hooded blinks to his weapon just as it lodges into the monster's head. Summoning Coercion lines to keep himself attached to the mass, the Hooded starts to kick his blade even further in. After kicking several times the beast enters a fit of agony and Caleb is forced to leap off; but not before he takes something important with him.

'What the hell is this thing? It looks like a weird worm.' Caleb notes as he inspects the writhing mass impaled on his blade.

'That looks like one of Varus' blight parasites. But I know the Saint destroyed the last of the infected all those years ago. Caleb, you must destroy it!' The voice of the Hood demands of it's host after seeing what looks like an old problem return.

Channeling some Pumpkin Energy into the blade, the dark spawn quickly turns to ash. This does not sit well with it's puppet as the creature starts to melt. As C rushes the creature down, he is taken by surprise when it uses a new tactic. Flinging a part of itself at the Hooded, it is able to knock the wind out of Caleb. Unable to go Spectral, C finds himself in a bear hug with the corrupted being. Unable to use it's mouth to eat it's prey, the monster has decided to instead crush the Hooded. Feeling and hearing his brokens begin to break, Caleb desperately starts to claw at the creature and get his breathing under control when a new threat emerges. Near his mouth, a parasite has begun to assault his mask and is trying to infest him.

"Get off him!" Are the words that snap C from the brink of unconsciousness as Riven has returned. Seeing the monster distracted, she has taken her chance to leap onto it's back and stab it with her reformed Runic Blade.

Freeing himself from the aberration, both swordsmen then dash away to make space and recover. Feeling the pain is too much, Caleb briefly summons the Dark Armor to snap his body into place before dismissing it. Sharing a look, the pair then split up to flank the creature which succeeds in slowing down it's attacks. Only needing to worry about one arm each, Riven flips through the air and comes down to cut off the right arm. At the same time, Caleb summons the Betwixt Gauntlets and channels Pumpkin Energy while he punches and splits the left arm up the middle. As the Blighted begins to writhe in pain from Riven cutting out another parasite, Caleb summons Ulemko again. The steed then begins to glow a fiery orange before it rams into the mass of flesh's back. Even in such a weakened state, it takes the force of this slam combined with Riven and C slashing it's legs off to topple the creature. Now left without any limbs, the aberration is completely defenseless to what happens next. Charging up their blades, Riven unleashes a devastating Wind Slash and Caleb slams down with a Pumpkin Slash to quadrisect the infested spirit. Lacking any more parasites to keep it going, the remains of the nuppeppo melts away into a pile of ash and bile.

'Hood, could you explain what the Hell that thing was?' Caleb asks while he uses a beam to burn away the area where the spirit died.

'I thought it could have been one of Varus' creations but he wasn't able to infect any spirits. My next thought was Dullahan but this also doesn't add up since it's powers revolved around absorbing, destroying, or corrupting the land. It might have been able to harm spirits but they never turned into monsters. I fear someone may have learned only from the evil parts of history to make something new. But who though?' Questions the Hood before it becomes trapped in thought. With the crisis averted, several villagers including the elders arrive to inspect the battlefield. Rushing as fast as they can across the shallow river, Asa and Shava rush to hug their daughter.

"Fair I'm okay, seriously. We killed the monster." Riven says smiling as her mother checks for any injuries. It doesn't take long for the old woman's relief to then turn to rage at The Hooded.

"You idiot! Who are you?! You come out of nowhere and the next thing we know you disappear with our dyeda! Then when I about to go into town to find her, Tomori is at our door asking for her sword with a fucking demon horse outside!" Shava screeches at her daughter's kidnapper while being held back by her husband and said daughter.

"Mama I'm fine. You can calm down. He just wanted my help with something." The former Noxian says as her blade falls apart again. Before he answers the terrifying old woman, a squadron of guards armed with spears and crossbows surround the Hooded.

"That's true ma'am. I wanted your daughter's help with some things and I even brought a chest of riches to pay her for her services. One of those things was helping to defeat this corrupted spirit." Caleb calmly answers while casually grabbing the tip of a spear pointed at him. The guards, still paranoid of the outsider, ready their crossbows and take aim.

Before any violence can break out though, the village elders, led by a stern looking woman, call off the guards. Realizing he was still holding his blade, Caleb disperses it as a show of good faith and gives a bow of respect to the leaders of the village.

CRSN

An hour later, Riven is nervously sitting outside of the town hall. While she knows the elders are reasonable people, the veteran still hopes Caleb is okay. The swordswoman then begins to think about what the Hooded is to her. While he does come from a time in her life where she was hurt, Riven knows that the Dullahan cared about her. She then reminds herself that Dullahan and Caleb aren't the same person but then questions why he would still care. Her trance is then interrupted when Asa sits down next to her. Before she can even open her mouth to talk, the elderly man puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Calm down Riven. The elders aren't going to execute the boy. They only want to know what happened." Asa assures his daughter before pulling out a box which contains her lunch. As she starts to eat a rice ball wrapped in fried eggplant, the pair watch the clouds overhead to pass the time.

"You know I think I figured out why I care about him. It's partly guilt because I didn't help him when he was enslaved. Also we saved each other multiple times during the war. I actually got reminded about how crazy and exciting things could get when he's around and I got excited. I love my quiet life here with you and mama but; I guess a part of me missed getting involved in some action. It's probably my inner Noxian coming gluck!" Riven's speech is interrupted as she starts to choke. The reasons behind this being her speaking too quickly and the hall doors opening.

"Oh shit, Riven, hang on." Caleb remarks before entering his spectral form and reaching into her throat. A second later, he is tossing away a lump of mush and wiping his hand off while Riven catches her breath.

"Thanks. Dullahan, what happened inside?" Are the first things out of Riven's mouth as she spits some grains of rice. As Asa starts to rub her back, the Kontes help each other up.

"Riven, as I've said before I'm not Dullahan. You can call me C but I'd prefer you call me by my real name of Caleb. But don't tell anyone that. As for what happened, can we wait until we're back at the farm?" Caleb asked before clutching his ribs and falling to a knee. As the Konte family helps him up, they notice a pair of guards walking towards them.

"We were instructed to follow you to your home elder Asa. It would seem C had offered monetary compensation to the council." Says the older of the two men before both are startled by Ulemko appearing near them. Sensing it's rider in pain, the demonic steed came to carry Caleb on it's back.

Several minutes later, Caleb is sitting at the family's dinner table while the guards are struggling with the treasure chest outside. Seeing the pair walking away, the Hooded man then removes a letter from his person and hands it to Riven.

"What is this?" Ask Riven before she drops it onto the table in shock. C only adds more to her surprise as he removes the glamor hiding his face..

"Riven, it says your debt to the village has been paid off. Dyeda, you're free." Asa tells with a smile as he finishes reading the letter. Said letter absolves Caleb of his war debt due to possession, thanks for stopping the spirit and his monetary tribute, and, most importantly, absolves Riven of her crimes against Ionia and the manslaughter of Elder Souma under the condition she helps C in his future request.

"Riven I need your help but I don't want to force you to leave this place. I'll give you some time to think about it and I'm sorry for today." Is all Caleb says before getting up from the table. After a slightly painful stretch, he walks outside and takes a deep breath.

"Caleb, wait! Why do you want me of all people to help you? I'm sure you could get better fighters and I'm a terrible person. So why me?" Riven begs of the Hooded before her parents hug her. Sensing the overflow of emotions coming from their adoptive daughter, the elderly couple are already soothing her as she starts to cry.

"True, I could find people stronger than you but when I'm fighting alongside it's something else. Plus the fact you regret doing those bad things shows you can do good too. Later." Caleb says with a smile before teleporting away with a mock salute.

XxxX

Emerging on a coastal beach via a waterspout, Caleb lays down and starts to perform breathing exercises. While he is doing that, a pair of black orbs pop above the water and are followed by dozens more. As the horde of eyes begins to move towards the shore, they stop when C manifests the Betwixt Blade. Taking a moment to consider their options, the group decides to send one of their own onto the shore.

Rising from the surf, an almost seven foot tall makara vastaya appears. Typically of his species, he has mandibles spreading from his cheeks in a permanent mock smile over his mouth. A blue chitinous shell covers his body except for his stomach which has a grayish shell. As bubbles begin to foam from his mouth and his eye stalks recede into his head, the man introduces himself as Dingxiang. Adjusting his scavenged trousers with his hands, the vastayan also straightens out his skull necklace using his upper pincer arms.

"Are you the one known as C? The one who wishes to challenge the evils of this world?" The crab person asks amidst his frothing.

"Yeah. Now who wants to know before I get some butter?" A slightly paranoid Caleb jokes while hoping to break the tension. He takes a step back after noticing some of the other vastaya poking their "smiling" faces out of the water.

"Ahahaha! Well then, young Hooded, know that our clans have long awaited your arrivals. The ancient traveler spoke of her descendant with red eyes covering amber ones and a sword of both purity and corruption." The crustacean excitedly blurts out before putting his hands together to bow.

"You don't need to bow to me. Could you maybe tell me more about this pseudo prophecy?" C asks before putting away his blade.

"Our ancestor, the hero Manoko Sha, served one of your predecessors. While we do not doubt the lizards forgetting their pact to serve your cause, we of the makara have not." The vastaya proudly answers while his people begin to snap their pincers in applause.

"Manoko Sha… oh right one of the Saint's friends. Well it's good to know you all are eager to help but why the rivalry with the lizard clans? C asks after hearing the news of potential allies. Getting up, the Hooded walks closer to the water so he can be in the middle of the humanoid crustaceans.

"Among our peoples exist the pact of the storm. The vastayashai'rei of their lineage, Zhong Hadun, apparently had a vision during a storm. At his death bed his people swore to serve you as well and eventually we combined the pacts." The chittering crab man informs the Hooded before rejoining his kin. Internally though he is extremely nervous around the icon and is glad for his study of the common tongue.

"I am glad he was able to save his species in this timeline but I will miss the old lizard. As for all of you, I want you all to know this is completely voluntary. But if any of you are still willing when the time comes I will be grateful. Until then, train, learn as much as possible, and be ready for the trials ahead." C announces to the Makara around him before he teleports again.

Deciding he needs to study, C teleports to a hidden library near Noxus. Emerging from one of the many spider webs, Caleb makes sure the former Black Rose hideout is cleared before continuing.

XxxX

Sleipnir Shorts and Operations: Arrival of Cathy, the Cyber Pilot

After C emerged from the ocean, several people were the first to realize the Hooded had returned. Among them were the Sleipnir Squadron consisting of Metto, Aki, Cathy, and D. A. H. N. Proving to be valuable assets in the previous timeline, their ally in the dark chose to preserve their memories. When each member was ready, they would receive these memories to help them prepare in this timeline. These include Metto finding a willing host, Aki leaving the Order of Shadows sooner, and DAHN performing it's transformation early. Cathy however was an exception to this as she was never born in this timeline. Instead her soul was given to an alternate version of Runeterra's reality. Finding herself in an advanced computer, it didn't take long for the Programs to find an anomaly and construct it a new body. In payment the machines asked for two things, answers for where she came from and for Cathy to be a test subject for the Pulsefire core.

One night in the alleyways of Piltover, a ring of blue energy appears before a portal manifests. Emerging from the portal, a pair of green mechanical eyes adjust to the alien yet familiar surroundings. Having succeeded in returning to her timeline, the feminine figure takes a dirty cloth from a nearby waste bin and uses it as a cloak. Taking a moment to make sure no one is looking, Cathy then makes her way as quietly as she can out of the alleys. Eventually she finds herself outside of a local pub and stops. Outside of the Aviator's Ale House, she finds vehicles lined up ranging from speedy monocycles to steam carriages. Deciding she could use some new clothes and transportation, Cathy steps inside.

With a Zaunite bartender dutifully fulfilling orders behind the bar, augmented with chemtech arms, the pilots and crews of Piltover's airships are gathered for a good time. Rich cigar smoke fills the air and a band of clockwork automatons plays in the back corner. Several of these chaps are playing billiards while another tells of how he saw a bird turn into a woman during one of his flights. Some are dancing and others are just enjoying their drinks when a medium sized figure walks in. Before anyone can get a good look under the dirty cloak, said figure walks up to one of the women engineers in her work jumpsuit.

"You'll do. Now listen, I want your clothes, your boots, and your monocycle." The stranger demands of the tall brunette, her voice being robotic and authoritative with an upper class accent. Flashing her piercing green eyes, the cloaked figure is almost intimidating enough to make the engineer comply without thinking.

"Oi, Beth you gonna take that from this cunt?" A blonde in a pilot's jacket and several other crew members approach to back up their coworker. Armed with pool cues and knives, their captain pulls out her trusty revolver.

Before the bartender can try to de-escalate the situation, Captain Alexandra pistol whips the cloaked stranger in the head. Crumpling to the ground, the bar patrons begin to panic as Catherine's head rolls away. Panicking at the prospect of accidentally killing someone, the crew isn't able to take in the woman's ivory synthetic skin or the gold and black mesh forming a pull through ponytail. Cathy's left arm then crawls it's way out from under the cloak and makes it's way towards the Captain. The blonde then has barely a moment to react as the armored yet graceful appendage lunges at her. Seeing Alexandra having her shooting hand crushed, one of her men tries to smash his cue over the decapitated head. This proves futile as the green eyes flash and a barrier is projected from them. Using her remaining arm, the Cyber Pilot's main body rises and kicks her assailant through a table. Her body of ivory skin and ebony wire based muscles is revealed to all when Cathy tosses off her cloak. With a sea green orb acting as her heart, Cathy's body is protected by plates of cobalt colored armor. Firing a blast of concussive force from her right palm, the Sleipnir is able to easily send another engineer flying through a window. After her left arm drags Alexandra into the kitchen, Cathy activates her crowd control measures. From each of her disconnected body parts, a blue force field manifests and forcefully shoves away anyone who gets too close. Seeing the last of her potential enemies fleeing, Cathy reassembles her body and enters the kitchen. It's there that she finds Alexandra trying to crawl away before the Captain turns and looks at her in horror. Before the woman of flesh and blood can cock her revolver, she has it snatched away.

"You know what, I think your clothes would fit me better." A now smirking Cathy says as she casually cocks the hextech weapon. Fearing for her life, Alexandra is more than willing to comply with the artificial woman.

Several minutes later, with sirens sounding off in the distance, Cathy emerges from the ale house with her new attire. Wearing a brown, fur collared bomber jacket, gray shirt, and black overalls tucked into combat boots, the Cyber Pilot heads towards her new ride. Before she can drive off though a gunshot rings out behind her. Standing in the doorway, the barkeep is pointing a chemtech shotgun at her.

"I can't let you leave here with that woman's cycle too. Now get off it before I have to put you down." The middle aged man demands as he uses the gun's lever to reload.

Deciding she could use more toys, Cathy gets off her vehicle and begins to flex her new body. A series of spines erupt from her back and shoulder blades, and in combination with boosters in her feet, allow her to quickly close the gap before the man is able to get a shot off. Disarming the man, she also takes the chance to take the aviator's off the man's head as well. Speeding off before the wardens can arrive, Cathy's body has already repaired her newly assimilated clothes.

Making her way to the docks, the time traveler manages to find one that is empty to hide in. Removing her core, Cathy begins to channel her arm's beam into it. Sending a signal across time and space, the Cyber Pilot is able to project a time portal to her location. From it emerges Catherine's pet project, a tilt rotor aircraft armed with a nose gun that can be rapidly fired or charged up to deliver a stronger blast. With her new Roc in her possession, Cathy can't help but smile. Her moment is interrupted however when a thud is heard on the warehouse roof. Breaking through a skylight, a monstrosity of flesh, metal, and bones drops down before her. Emerging from the creature's chest, a man with a mutated arm and legs greets her. Laughing to themselves, Cathy and DAHN know it won't be long before their other squadmates come; and after that they will find their boss, C.

XxxX

Spotlight featuring: Cathy

Aliases: The Cyber Pilot, Loyal Hound, Living Paradox

Birthplace: Piltover formerly

Weapons: Detachable body parts, concussion beam, stolen weapons, barriers

Species: Golem (Techmaturgy)

Occupations: Sleipnir Squadmate, Pilot, Mechanic

Appearance: Catherine was recently reconstructed thanks to help from the Program timeline. Her skin is now synthetic ivory plates with ebony muscles made of wire underneath. Cathy enjoys having her black and golden mesh "hair" done up in a pull through ponytail. A sea green hex core acts as her heart and tends to shine through her gray shirt. After returning to the main timeline, she acquired a Piltoverian aviator outfit. Consisting of a fur collared, brown bomber jacket and black overalls with combat boots. She also likes to hide metal plates and pieces of armor under her clothes for extra protection. Going into mask mode causes her face to become featureless.

Eye color: Sea Green

Measurements: 5'10 330 pounds, mesomorphic build

Likes: Fast Cars, Airships, Sunglasses

Dislikes: Creepy crawlies, People who can't follow orders, Unnecessary augmentation

Quick Bio: Typically when Ziz restarts a timeline at least one soul is lost in the process. Cathy was meant to be this soul due to the Coalition's previous failure but something happened. Rather than fade to nothing, the forcefully augmented woman saw darkness and then awoke inside of a computer in another world. After some negotiations she was given an experimental hex core and traveled back to the Runeterra she knew. Of all the Sleipnirs and Coalition members, Cathy is arguably the most loyal to the Hooded; after all she has nothing left but this.

Base stats: Health: 605-2345

Health Regen: 7-15.5

Mana: 360-1215

Mana Regen: 7-18

Armor: 32-112

MR: 32-68.25

MS: 330

AD: 58-118

Attack speed: 0.635

Bonus AS: 0-50%

Range: 325

Passive: Defensive Grid- (3 seconds) Radius: 300

Upon using a basic ability, Cathy leaves behind a corresponding body part. This body part will then project a barrier around it that knocks back and deals Physical Damage to enemies that try to pass through it. Each unit that triggers a barrier will then have a cooldown before that individual barrier can activate again.

Barrier Duration- (5/6/7/8)

(10-110 plus 80% AD)

Catherine can step over a barrier to cancel it early and refund 40% of it's corresponding abilities' Maximum Cooldown.

Q: Give'Em a Hand- (16/14.5/13/12.5/11) Mana Cost:60/65/70/75/80 Range: 900

Cathy launches out her left arm in a straight line and upon coming into contact with an enemy champion, large monster, or Epic Monster they are Disarmed and dealt Physical damage. Defensive Grid activates upon Give Em a Hand reaching the end of its path or when the disarm ends.

(40/65/80/105/130 plus 75% AD)

Disarm Duration- 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2

W: W: Shield Projector- (15/13.5/12/10.5/9) Mana cost:60/65/70/75/80 Range/Radius:950/350

Cathy's head detaches to project a shield onto allies in an area. Defensive Grid activates from where she casts Shield Projector.

(Shield 60/100/140/180/220 plus 85% AD)

E: Concussive Cannon- (12/11/10/9/8) Mana cost:50/60/70/80/90 Targeting Range/Range:550/650

Using a vector cast, Cathy's right arm begins to channel a beam from its location for 3 seconds. Enemies hit by the beam take Physical damage, are slowed by 15%, and gain stacks of Concussive Force each second they are in the beam.

Upon reaching three stacks they are knocked back to the edge of the beam. Defensive Grid activates once the channel ends.

(Minimum damage 40/60/80/100/120 plus 20% AD)

(Maximum damage 120/180/240/300/360 plus 60% AD)

Ultimate: The Future is Now- (100/75/50) Mana cost: 100 Range: 1000/1250/1500

Using her body to its fullest, Catherine connects all of her Defensive Grids before dashing to a location. She can not be crowd controlled during the dash and recalls all Defensive Grids to herself. Enemies caught in their passing are damaged via Defensive Grid and dragged to Cathy's location. She also gains resistances based on however many enemies were caught.

Can't be activated unless at least one Defensive Grid is online.

(20/30/40 MR and Magic Resist plus 10% AD for each)

XxxX

A/N: Sorry I didn't make a truly new chapter guys but after remaking the first chapter I just felt like doing it for some of the others. Sooo the reason I'm procrastinating this way is I'm kind of blocked on the newest chapter because it felt like I was rushing it. By that I mean I was hurt really badly recently and I needed to take it easy lately. In addition I'd like to announce a new poll, this one is romance centered as I have an idea for a one shot story. Basically I fucking hate Viego and by that I mean in everyway from his lore to his kit to his nonsensical accent. I even end up going on rants at the mere mention of this emo twat. So for this one shot it will be divided into three parts. The first is basically me ranting off the reasons I hate him, the second is going to feature various past Hooded dealing with the Shadow Isles, and the third to put some sugar on this shite sandwich is the winner of the new poll for romance shorts. This poll will basically be do you all want me to finish the stories from the original Romance Chapter in RElationships or do you all want some new things set in the base universe. As usual all support is appreciated and I am open to messages and requests. Have a nice day.

Chapter 3: REnewed

Chapter Text

Welcome, welcome everybody! I do hope you enjoy this chapter and are having a good holiday season. Please feel free to make requests for these stories as it's a huge motivator.

Cast includes: Caleb, Levia, Nidalee, San, Annabelle, Dawnbringer Riven, Dawnbringer Nidalee, God King Garen, Dawnbringer Karma, Justicar Syndra, Angel of Death Karthus, Archangel Jax, Warrior of Dawn Pantheon, Arclight Brand and Arclight Yorick plus Nightbringer Yasuo, Nightbringer Lee Sin, Nightbringer Vladimir, God King Darius, Infernal Nasus, Demon Vi, Fallen Caleb, Jester of Chaos Zoe, Infernal Rakan, and Demon Sett.

Cameos from: Caitlyn, Camile, Angelic Artillery Quinn, Angelic Artillery Caitlyn, Infernal Shen, Infernal Galio, and Infernal Varus.

XxxX

After a week spent in an abandoned Black Rose archive, Caleb reemerges from his studies with a look of exhaustion and pain. Desperate to double check his knowledge, the Hooded hasn’t been eating which combined with his injuries sustained in Ionia are the source of his pained look. Trying to ignore the pain racking his body, he tries to move away from the structure's hidden entrance but is forced to stop. Feeling too much stabbing pain, Caleb has The Hood part away to reveal his ribs and back are coated in black and blue bruises. Seeing him in such terrible condition, Levia teleports her host to the best place to heal his injuries.

CRSN

Inside of a pit that is hidden southwest of Noxus Prime lies a set of steps leading to a pair of mahogany doors. Frantically knocking on these doors, Caleb is soon answered by the maid of the house. Her name is Annabelle and she is a red furred yordle with thin rim glasses in a Victorian style outfit; she is also a pink glowing spirit. Shocked to see a new guest after over a decade, let alone an injured one, the short help quickly leads the man inside. After carefully helping him lay down on a nearby couch, Annabelle notes his struggle to breathe before sinking into the floor below to awaken her master.

"Lady San, it appears that a new patient has arrived. He is also wearing the Hood and is clinging to consciousness." Are the words that Annabelle whispers to a vertical casket in the basement. It doesn't take long before the diamond shaped container starts to shake and she takes a step back.

Knowing what comes next the yordle briefly leaves before returning with a clean bath robe, several rags, and a bucket of clean water. With the release of a small flood of blood, a short elderly woman emerges from the casket. Her blood soaked body then begins to quickly lose any signs of her advanced age before the yordle begins cleaning her. Once Annabelle is finished, the woman with red hair that is streaked with blonde stripes and an elfin build puts on the robe readied for her. As San starts walking up the steps, her hazel eyes are able to spot an unopened bottle of wine at the top of the steps. Smiling at the shiny bottle, the Hemomancy master begins drinking and by the time she crosses her home and to the western living room her bottle of Uwendale 972 AN is already emptied.

"Well well well. It has been a while since anyone has graced me with a visit, let alone a Hooded. So what's the damage young man?" The hemomancer asks before taking a seat next to the broken man. This proves to be nothing more than an act of procedure since she can already see his body’s injuries via a special sight.

"Hello San. How is the wine this year? As for myself I got a nasty bear hug and it really messed me up." Caleb states before wincing and having to be held down by San. It turns out that if he were to sit up too quickly a rib would risk puncturing his right lung.

"Annabelle please bring me my claws. Now I need to warn you since this is your first time here that I will be reaching inside of you. Do you consent to this?" San asks as part of the procedure before the yordle spirit arrives with a pair of gloves. Each of the gloves’ nails are covered in a metal claw which releases an extremely thin coil when she puts them on.

"As with the Hooded before me, yes I trust you to do this." Caleb is able to choke out before he starts to cough violently. From there San puts her hands onto his chest before they start to glow red and sink into his body. Taking her time, the hemomancer is able to easily repair all of Caleb’s injuries. To celebrate another job well done, said hemomancer then asks Annabelle to bring her a surprise wine.

"Ooo a 492 AN Zaunite. Ah, that was a good year. Got laid a lot and as usual thank you Eccentric for blessing my cellars. Otherwise I might have gotten some nasty stomach aches by now." A smiling blood witch proclaims before popping open the bottle and starting to chug the brew. Caleb starts to wonder if maybe San, or Eccentric herself, might have magically blessed the cherry blonde's liver as well.

"By the way, San I was also hoping to get back the portable manor from you. I know that you have it since well, Nita died." Caleb requests just before the hemomancer finishes her drink. As he starts to sit up, Annabelle gives him a glass of water and Gwen a Blessed Isles 45 BN.

"The what… oh right. Annabelle dear, where do we keep the manor again?" San asks her trusty servant before she stores San’s claws away. When the yordle returns she is carrying a key with a crescent on the end of it.

"We keep it in cellar C ma'am." The yordle as usual reminds her ladyship before bracing for any terrible word play. Our pink glowing specter even takes the extra measure of quickly leaving the room via phasing through a nearby golden cabinet.

"Oh right! Because it's the manor for C we keep it in cellar C. Wait, do you still go by that name?" The ancient woman asks him before getting up with a chuckle. Putting down her half finished bottle down, San leads the young man to the purposefully gaudy piece Annabelle left through.

With minimal effort the hemomancer pushes her cabinet filled with two hundred year old priceless ionian porcelain and reveals a hidden door. Making their way down a spiral staircase, the pair are followed by a growing shower of blue glowing orbs. Upon reaching the bottom of the stairs, the orbs spread out in a brilliant flash and reveal a wine cellar filled to the brim with casks and bottles forming a pathway. At the end of the makeshift aisle is an open field of cash crops ranging from tobacco, sugarcane, cotton, and marijuana. After tearing out a cannabis plant for later, San also finds a small box.

"Here you go. Please make sure you take care of this place and please make it so I don't get it back too soon. Also maybe throw a party once in a while since the last few of you have been so serious." A cheeky San pleads with the newest in the Hooded line. With a nod he takes the box before putting it away in his pockets.

"Thank you San. Oh and when the time comes will you be joining my coalition that I'm gonna be making?" The smiling Caleb asks before he materializes a Navori 992 AN as an offering. San's face quickly lights up even more before she takes the bottle and opens it.

"You know hemomancy is often looked down upon by most of the world right? Oh who am I kidding, of course I'll join your group and we'll have such a fun time." Is all the hemomancer says before Annabelle brings forth a pair of half-moon glasses. San quickly thanks her servant before putting them on to get a better look at Caleb.

"Lord Hooded, we both wish you good fortune and await your call to service. In the meantime milady isn't there something you would like to tell him? Sometime today perhaps." Annebelle not so subtly says to remind her mistress of her spell's conditions. Seeing the new bottle of wine, the yordle swiftly leaves to get a glass in case the Hooded wants some as well.

"Oh right, make sure you eat a decent meal before the end of the day or your hunger will catch up with you. My magic has given your body enough nutrients to last until midnight. "Oh but San midnight is so cliche for a spell." Well it's my magic Alexandra so I'll do what I want!" The overdramatic hemomancer shouts before Annabelle brings them two wine glasses. Caleb politely declines as he wants to hurry and get something to eat before teleporting away.

XxxX

On the banks of the murky and toxic waters of the Sump level in Zaun, a clump of whumps notice and quickly scramble away from a series of air bubbles. It then doesn't take too long before a massive abomination to emerge from the depths and onto the streets. The beast possesses the form of a crocodile except coated in dark chitin and with writhing needles for teeth. Opening it’s mouth to release a cloud of purified air, it is from this pocket of oxygen Caleb manifests from before turning to face one of Eccentric's creations. One minute later, a trio of augmented chem punks then walk in on a rather odd display of affection. Bearing witness to what seems to be a hooded sociopath giving a man eating monster a belly rub, the group quickly choose to flee.

"Alright good boi I need to go now. You be careful now." Are the last things the asckla is told before submerging itself again; but not before it drags a nearby sumper with it. Caleb, who just watched this happen, is willing to go out on a limb and assume the scavenger was evil before leaving.

Thanks to the unique style of Zaun's architecture, Caleb is able to quickly traverse the city slums using his Coercion lines. Eventually he makes his way to the bustling markets of Black Lanes where anyone, shady or not, can get what they need; barring if the pickpockets, thugs, or sump snipes don't get to your wallet first. As luck would have it however no one decides to make the Hooded a mark this day before he makes it to a gun shop called Shot in the Gray.

Despite it’s dreary name, the interior of the shop proves to be the opposite of what one would expect. Its colorful walls are covered in spray paint drawings ranging from crude stick figures to an elegant portrait of an older brunette woman. All around the room are glass cases displaying a wide variety of firearms, a door leads to a workshop in the back, and a hatch with a ladder separates it from the top floor. Running among the gun displays is a pair of young children chasing a small replica of an airship; noticing it as a Reveck model, Caleb assumes it is using some minor techmaturgy for flight. Switching his view to a half asleep young woman with a red and yellow mohawk sitting behind the counter. Ringing the bell on the counter to wake her up, Amy snaps awake and takes note of her siblings before noticing the brand new customer.

"Beth, Jordan, go upstairs. It's time for big sis to do business." Is all their older sister needs to say before the giggling twins climb up the ladder to the next floor. Straightening out her tank top and tool belt, Amy uses the somewhat obvious ploy to distract from the fact she’s readying the revolver holstered behind her.

"Don't worry about me, I'm not gonna try to rob the place if that's what you're thinking. I was actually hoping to purchase a custom gun." Caleb says with a genuine smile; even though no one can see it underneath his glamor. Quickly checking the wall of weapon models on a rack behind the woman, he then begins to scan the counter and the guns within.

"Well sir you can never be too careful, you ken? Seeing as this is a custom job I can tell you right now it will cost you a pretty cog." Is all the older teen says while trying her best to read the stranger's face. Deciding it's futile, she walks backwards to pull a hex-carbine, rifle, revolver and a shotgun off the wall behind her.

"I was hoping you could make me a special rifle for a very special and stupid task. Have you heard of simunitions before?" Caleb inquires before lifting the rifle to test its weight and taking a breath. Misinterpreting his actions however, Amy tries to shoot him in the head only for the bullet to pass right through.

"What the? How in the Gray Lady and Janna did you do that?!" The now excited funsmith says before a rifle barrel slowly emerges from the second story hatch. Before the twins' orderly can stop them though another shot rings out; only to once again phase through Caleb.

"I told you all at the start that I wasn't gonna rob the place. But I am willing to let you guys go ahead and keep shooting at me for some fun." The Hooded announces with no regrets as the siblings proceed to unload their ammunition at him. As the last rounds are spent Caleb knows he won’t be needing his Spectral Form and releases it.

"Okay, now I'm interested in your order. As for simunitions we do offer them in a wide array of ninety different colors. Do you have any preferences for ones you'd like?" The saleswoman asks before bringing up a crate filled with various colored vials. Soon after, another box filled with colors is haphazardly dropped from the twin's hatch.

"Hmm such a hard choice. How about one of each color? I wanna give the pilties a nice show, you ken?" A smirking Caleb tells her as his inner troublemaker starts to get ideas. It's also at this moment when he wonders if he should get something for Caitlyn before he decides against it.

"Alrighty then, it's about seven bells right now so I should have it ready by thirteen bells? If you like, we have a couple of benches you can wait on." Is the estimate Amy gives her consumer after checking a nearby clock. At this time the twins slide down the ladder before carrying both boxes into the workshop.

"If you make it before twelve bells I'll gladly double the payment. Oh and do feel free to make these rounds hurt." Caleb requests before he and the teen shake on their deal. Deciding to take her up on her offer, the Hooded lays down on one of the shops’ benches and is lulled to sleep by the sound of bullets being made.

Waking up after a few hours to the sound of giggling, Caleb opens his eyes and catches the small brunette pair ready to spray paint him. Taking action, the Hooded snaps up before waving them away from him. Their older sister then walks back into the room with a briefcase containing an automatic rifle and three magazines filled with rounds. Seeing the clock on the wall says eleven thirty, he honors his word and hands over double the agreed upon price. Before he leaves though Amy tosses him a rebreather mask since it looks bad outside; at the cost of five cogs extra of course.

Stepping outside, Caleb secures his new bronze mask to protect him from the Gray cloud surrounding him. It would seem while he was napping a grayout occurred and now Black Lanes is deserted. While walking his way amongst the now abandoned stalls, Caleb notes how the Hood has already started assimilating the newly acquired mask. During this process Caleb's old and broken mask emerges in his right hand. Instead of tossing away the busted piece of equipment he instead chooses to pocket it as a memento; after all it was Nita's.

CRSN

As the clocks across both cities began to chime that it's twelve bells, Caleb is already walking amongst the people of Mainspring Crescent in North Piltover. Making his way through the sunny streets, the Hooded spots a bakery that is getting ready for the lunch rush. Walking inside of Quintesence's Bakery, he finds it to be a fairly large place since it has over half a dozen tables for guests to eat at. The front counter also serves as a display for confections ranging from simple glazed donuts to cakes decorated enough to be art displays. Scanning the area, Caleb sees several automatons walk amongst the tables and tending to the customers already here. He is also quick to note the presence of two burly wardens having an early lunch break. Aside from them the only other customers here are a young couple with their newborn and an artificer by the window looking over notes. Behind the counter is a tall blonde woman who is commanding the employees in the back through a window. She then turns around to notice the Hooded and wipes her hands of sugar before picking up a notepad.

"Welcome sir. Would you like a moment to browse our goods or are you here to pick something up?" Quintessence asks while pulling out a sample plate from the glass case. She also quickly checks her order logs but doesn't see any pick ups at this time.

"Hello, I think I'll take three of everything you've got on display. Also can you be quick about it since I'm about to be in a bit of a hurry?" Is all Caleb reasonably demands before pulling out his new gun. As the officers notice and get up to help both are quickly shot and painted.

"Oh my gods! Look, we just started the work week so we don't have much in the register." The now panicking owner says while looking at the groaning police. A gloved hand quickly is then put on her head and her shaking worsens.

"Don't worry I didn't come here to rob you. I actually have the money to pay for these and any ensuing damages. Now again hurry the fuck up before more law dogs show up!" Caleb shouts while leveling his gun at her face. Less than a minute later, the Hooded can already hear sirens signifying the arrival of more cops.

"Why are you doing this? If you had the money to pay then why the hell would you bring out a gun?!" The perplexed baker questions while noticing Piltover Swat vans arriving. For such a display of force, she realizes one of her customers must have been a member of the clans.

"I wanted to do something stupid and get into a fight. By the way your service was great and trust me this is gonna seem like nothing in the future. Like you're gonna look back at this whole mess as civil." A smiling Caleb jokes about while the last of the baked goods are put in boxes. With the owner now free to flee out the back with the last of her employees, he turns his attention to the Swat teams assembled outside.

'Caleb I would like to update you on that Kumungu teleportation you wanted. Yeah, it’s gonna take a few minutes to get it ready. Can you hold out?' Levia asks her host before he gives her a thumbs up. With that confirmation Levia gets back to working on the teleportation network; she also wonders if she should inform him about what seems to be a cat and book teleporting with ease.

Three minutes have passed and already a massive hail of gunfire has been traded with simulated bullets and now laser bolt fire. Crowds of Piltover's elite have even begun gathering around the shootout to get a closer look at the spectacle. One person of importance amidst the crowd is a woman in a purple short dress, a repeater musket, and her signature top hat. Despite being on her time off, Caitlyn is already analyzing the battle and notes how if someone went in to distract the criminal she could get a good shot. Meanwhile walking past the fire fight are her relatives, a young blonde girl in a blue dress and her cybernetic great aunt with her signature blade legs. Camille notes the potential for collateral damage and is quick to usher her favorite grand niece away from the battle between Piltover’s officers and the newest Hooded. Having had plenty of encounters with the previous two in the past, both before and after her operation, the Steel Shadow doubts the officers can do any real damage to their target.

Meanwhile inside of the shop, the Hooded is lazily returning fire while munching on a jelly donut. Noticing a squad of pigs taking cover behind the armored van they arrived in, he charges up his Betwixt Crossbows and fires an empowered shot near them. Having his shot hit the van in it’s armored portion, Caleb is able to give the officers enough of a fright and forces them to flee the soon exploding vehicle. Of the thirty officers in the gunfight with him, he can confirm at least half have been disabled from nonlethal injuries. As an airship soon arrives overhead, the suspect is forced to move away from the shop’s windows as a team of snipers make their presence known. Casually making his way behind the counter in Spectral Form, Caleb also picks up a loaf of sweet bread along the way to munch on. To his surprise the left wall to his left is blown in and an assault squadron with shields walks in. Forcing the strike team back outside with a horizontal Pumpkin Slash, the Hooded smells smoke and turns around to notice a small fire has started in the back. As one of the snipers notices the growing blaze as well, all Swat members are ordered to fallback just before the building explodes. Escaping out of the back entrance in a ball of flames, Caleb is quickly set upon by a dozen Swat members. Using a Coercion line to tow one of their cruisers to act as cover for himself, Caleb notices a motorcycle nearby and quickly wings one of the officers to trigger the Dark Armor. With his strength greatly enhanced, the Hooded tears in half the vehicle serving as his cover before throwing one at the officers in front of him and the other at an approaching airship. With an opening, the Perfect Host quickly makes his way on all fours to the hextech motorcycle. Dispersing his armor, a drained Caleb uses his Pumpkin Energy to jump start the techmaturgy engine. A high speed chase then ensues across town to the bridge that is the home of the Rising Howl. As people flee the area in panic from the increasing amount of gunfire, Caleb makes his way onto the ledge of the bridge. Before the officers can get out of their various vehicles, the hooded felon has already leapt off the railing. When they go to check where he fell to all anyone can see is a flock of birds passing by. Several hours pass before the Piltover police reluctantly end their search due to not finding any trace of the mysterious gunner.

XxxX

Amidst the dense jungles of Kumungu, Caleb arrives at a large nest where an albino basilisk is just hatching from it’s egg. The dog sized baby lizard proceeds to stumble out of it’s nest and begins to cuddle against the Hooded.

"Levia, why aren't we in Harelport? I thought you were going to teleport me close to Nidalee." Caleb inquires before kneeling to pet the large lizard. It then doesn't take him long before he finds out it likes being scratched under the chin.

'Well I said the portal you wanted would take a few minutes. But then you had to go and get yourself into a police chase like a show off! Basically we missed our chance to do so and I had to make due. But aww look at the little baby; oh and now look at the big baby.' A now fawning Levia says as her anger slightly subsides. Being a creature that enjoys carnage and destruction, she just can't wait for this little guy to grow up and eat people.

"Wait whaaa? Oh my god!" Caleb's confusion is answered when a fifteen foot tall basilisk tears through the trees. He is barely able to avoid being gored by its massive horns with Spectral Form before fleeing as fast as he can.

CRSN

Several days later, a group of hunters at the edge of Mudtown are returning home when a venomous snake blocks their path. Suddenly a knife attached to a strange rope shoots out of the brush and decapitates the lizard. From the bushes emerges a hooded man covered in plants and mud camouflage; he also possesses a rope belt housing several blast plants, a woven cage filled with giant ants, and few well fed nirpooties plants. The trio of hunters can only watch in shock as the man rushes to the dead snake, tears out the spine with his teeth, cooks it with a strange blue glow, before hastily eating it. Watching the snake eater wipe some blood from his mouth, the pair of Kiilash hunters and their human companion can only watch in abject horror as he turns to them.

"I have been... in that jungle, for three days. Is this Harelport?" The mysterious savage asks the trio before spitting some phlegm. He ends up having to snap his fingers to get the hunting party out of their daze.

"Umm this is Mudtown. Sorry." Says the lone human of the group before looking to his companions. John, who has previously seen his friends tear apart crocodiles with their claws, notes the shock in their eyes upon hearing the stranger’s voice.

"Ah I see. Fuck! Well, do you guys know if any boats or something are heading there soon?" Caleb asked as the exhaustion from his jungle trek began to catch up to him. The taller of the two vastaya answers his question by simply pointing to a boat with three large blue sails.

Muttering a thanks, the Hooded starts racing to charter a ride before both cat women briefly look at their hands. In a brief moment they see themselves as completely human before going back to normal. With Caleb already at the bottom of the hill they’re on, both of them start to shout words of encouragement at him, much to the confusion of John.

The Drunken Scuttler is a schooner built for quickly navigating the shallow waters of both the coast and Serpentine Delta. Her modest crew of twenty is mostly made of humans with a few Zhoma, a Mataka, and a Kiilash. Said crew is ready to cast off when a Coercion line flings a new and unexpected passenger on board. Ever the bold one, Captain Dave is the first to march up to the intruder with the riggings following him. Possessing a healthy tan from a lifetime of sailing, Dave adjusts his slouch hat, checks his heavy brown leather coat’s pockets, and touches the scars covering his face, including a missing left eye, from surviving various pirate raids. When the living ropes around him attempt to entangle the stowaway they instead simply pass right through his body. Taking advantage of the confusion his Spectral Form gave, Caleb then dashes to the captain with Betwixt Crossbows in hand.

"Afternoon Captain. I would like to be granted passage on your ship." Caleb requests before Dave pulls out a flintlock and aims it at his stomach. Both foreigners then have an intense standoff before they start laughing.

"You crazy bastard I was gonna hang you. You're lucky that you can phase through things like that. What are you sods looking at?! Hurry up and get the final preparations ready! So how the hell have you been?" The dirty blonde asks his former Captain before putting away his gun. Feeling the tension leaving the air, the rest of the crew puts away the last of their supplies before Dave ties it down using his magic.

"Oh you know how it is. Killing scum, doing crazy shit, and getting paid. I see you've gotten your own ship now." The Hooded responds as he leans against the railing. He pulls one of his nirpooties off his belt and tosses it to the wharf rats swimming near.

"Aye the Emerald Valkyrie was a fine vessel but she wasn't the same without her captain. Heard Benton got a job on Sarah's ship and Rose ran with her share of treasure. Something about a baked goods stall in Piltover." The former pirate hunter turned merchant recalls about their old crew. He then pulls out a flask of rum and takes a swig before manning the ship's wheel.

CRSN

Between the wind being on their side, rope magic, and some hydromancy from "Steve", the Mataka, the Drunken Scuttler only takes a few days to reach Harelport. Despite some initial qualms about it, Caleb buys a basilisk mount before heading into the jungle. Starting from town he follows the local rumors before finding some cougar paw prints heading north. After more than a day's worth of tracking, Caleb stops behind some tall grass by a small river to give his mount and himself a moment to rest. As he is busy taking a drink from his canteen and considering reapplying his camouflage, a bright blue light shines by the Hooded’s side.

'Hey Caleb check out what I can do again!' Levia exclaims before a miniature version of her true self manifests before Caleb's eyes. Seeing that her ability succeeded, the little serpent starts to dance.

"Oh cool Levia. So is it like the last timeline where only I can communicate with you or did you fix that?" Caleb asks which immediately kills the Leviathan's buzz. After nodding no, she then starts to punch at her host with the blows phasing right through him.

'You ass! I don't do this to make you look less crazy or because I like you. I do it so you can see all the disappointment in my eyes and my resting bitch face. Oh, what were you expecting me to say "Baka!" or something? Fucking nerd.' Levia rants to her soul bond before he puts up a hand. She only stops as well when she hears rustling amongst the trees as well.

"Levia do you hear that? The trees are whispering… y ellos hablan español!” Is all Caleb can shout before a slash of wind narrowly misses him. While it misses him, it does end up cutting his stead in half and cuts off his main form of escape.

Emerging from the brush to stab Caleb is a warrior dressed in a crimson tunic and black trousers with white face paint. Despite his newer memories informing Caleb about the people of Ixtal, this attack still comes as a surprise; especially since he could have sworn that he avoided trespassing in the isolationist country's territory. This doesn’t seem to be an issue for the magma mage as they try to hack him to pieces with an obsidian sword. Avoiding another thrust, the Hooded takes this chance to grab his attacker's sword arm before breaking it. Taking advantage of his opponent’s weakened state, Caleb then forces his foe to stab himself in the gut before kneeing the blade deeper. A scream of horror preludes a jet of water trying to slam into the perfect host but he is able to block the spell with his new human shield. Seeing two more mages in the tree branches above him, Caleb uses Coercion lines to pull them crashing down. Of the two, a woman in blue manages to come to her senses in time to avoid a wide swing from the Betwixt Chainsaw. Her associate , a man in green, is unable to avoid it however and is instead slashed by the foreign weapon across the back. Wondering what has happened to the rest of their group, the woman summons two whips of made ice and water to defend herself. Tumbling to the side and avoiding a Pumpkin Beam, she then lashes out with the ferocity of a monsoon and tears up the area around them. This forces the Hooded to go into Spectral Form to avoid the torrent of attacks and the debris flung by each crushing blow. Ending her flurry of strikes, Maya can only see a jungle that looks like a flood recently hit it. What she doesn't see though is her Hooded adversary rising up from behind her. Only a step on the puddle behind her alerts her to his new location but it’s too late for her as a Betwixt Beatdown starts to lift the dragon cultist off of the ground. Before Caleb can unleash the final blow however a spray of blood hits his face. Wiping away the gore from his goggles, he quickly sees that the cause of his opponent’s death is a large spear jutting from her chest.

From all around him, over a dozen massive cougars emerge and each is carrying the corpses of more cultists. At the lead carrying a man in gray is a female cat with white stripes, a collar with large teeth attached, and a small green spot on her forehead; one that Caleb immediately recognizes. An emerald shine then consumes the lead cougar before nothing of the great beast remains. In its place stands a woman with long dark hair wearing a fur collared jerkin and matching trousers. A similar light then consumes the spear before returning it to Nidalee's side. Staring at the outsider with a serious look on her face, the Queen of the Jungle raises two fingers at the Hooded.

"Oh no! No. You did not save me twice. I was handling them just fine by myself. So don't even think that this counts as me owing you anything." Caleb declares before the wild woman can even say anything. Several of the cougars begin to growl at the Hooded for his disrespect but Nidalee simply pets them into calmness.

"You returned from your mission. Get your revenge?" Nidalee manages to fumble out her question before rubbing her throat. Caleb hands her his canteen knowing that she can't talk for long, or as well as others.

"So why are these people hostile? Why do they hunt you and me?" C asks while trying to keep his words as simplified as possible. The jungle woman then walks up to the dead hydromancer's body and points to the face paint they all share.

"Cloud drake. They see her as alpha. Made offerings nearby. You come and help us? Please." The Queen of the Jungle asks before shifting back into a cougar. Thinking she wants to carry him when she comes to a stop next to him, Caleb tries to mount her; only for Nidalee to leap out from underneath him.

"Ouch! Okay I'll help but damn it that hurts. Lead the way Nid." C tells her before going into the canopy using Coercion lines. From there he follows the pack of jungle cats north to where the cult usually gathers.

The impromptu hunting party eventually finds themselves at the base of several mountains near a clearing filled with offerings. Hiding amongst the nearby treeline, they can see food ranging from wild pigs, crocodiles, a small drakehound, and even an elephant. With Caleb acting as a spotter in the trees, Nidalee and her pack choose to spread out around the feast. Wanting to see what exactly they are dealing with, Caleb takes out a spyglass and scans a nearby series of ruined pillars along with the cave entrance but finds nothing. Several uneventful hours pass and he begins to worry since it will be dark soon along with an approaching storm on the horizon. Taking a drink of water, the Hooded sees a flash of green and sends down one of his Coercion lines to act as a rope.

"You see in the dark? Might leave until morning if not." Nidalee asks Caleb as she climbs up onto his perch. The Bestial Huntress considers using a scryer bloom to illuminate the field when a nagging feeling hits her.

"The sky looks awfully funny right now wouldn't you say? Something is wrong." Is all Caleb needs to say to confirm the now tense Nidalee's suspicions. As the rain starts falling they both hear the sound of thunder but with a severe lack of lightning before each crash.

From the almost black sky, a blur of gray and white starts to speed towards the clearing. Culniar, the Sky's Hammer, then lands in the field with such great force that a massive current of wind explodes from her body. This blast ends up being so strong that all of the nearby cougars are knocked away from their hiding spots like rag dolls. Our pair of champions almost suffer the same fate were it not for Caleb using a Coercion line to tether them to the ground. Spotting her prey hiding in the trees, the ten foot tall drake stands up to almost thirty feet tall before shooting her wind breath at the duo. Leaping to the ground, Nidalee and Caleb are barely able to avoid the attack as it rips apart the tree they were on. Batting her mighty wings to blow away the defiant insects before her, the wind drake begins to make Ixtal feel more like the Freljord as freezing winds batter the two hunters. This proves to be an ineffective obstacle to them however as Nidalee grabs onto Caleb’s back before he uses Coercion lines to pull them closer to the dragon. Seeing them slowly coming closer, Culniar starts to fire more wind blasts at her foolish foes but the Hooded rides her wing gust and avoids the incoming blast. Tired of fighting on the ground, the cloud drake takes flight and quickly notices a tugging sensation on her tail. Craning her neck down to look at the problem, she is surprised to see both champions hanging off her. A spear is then seen coming towards her face and the wind drake tries to look away but she is too late as it plunges into her right eye. In a rage from suffering actual damage, the dragon starts to increase her altitude and violently shakes to remove the human ticks bothering her. Their prey manages to climb several thousand feet in the air by the time Caleb and Nidalee make it to her wings. Breaking out over the clouds, Culniar performs a series of snap rolls to throw off her unwanted passengers. Nidalee is actually successfully flung off but is saved by a Coercion line pulling her to Caleb. Conceding that they can't reach the head like this, the pair look to each other before they both stab into the dragon's left wing. Hacking the mighty appendage off, everyone involved ends up entering free fall back on the way back towards the clearing.

'Caleb I hope you have a plan because if not we're gonna die!' A panicking Levia screeches at Caleb as they are plummeting. When asked where Nidalee is, the glowing serpent points to the falling woman.

"Nidalee come to me! I have a plan! When I say to hold your breath, do it and don't die!" The Hooded screams at his shapeshifting companion before they "swim" to each other. Seeing them trying something, the Sky's Hammer tries to blast them apart with her breath attack but Nidalee shuts her mouth by throwing a spear into it.

As the crippled wind dragon plunges to the ground below, she attempts to slow her descent with her remaining wing. Culniar is able to slow down and stop her tumbling but still ends up smashing through plenty of trees. Ordering Nidalee to start holding her breath, Caleb is able to float them down safely via having both of them go into Spectral Form and using the Hood alongside some Coercion lines to act as a parachute.Following the trail of destruction, the Hooded waits until they are touching the ground before returning them to normal as they both gasp for breath. Their break is cut short when a furious and bloody cloud drake emerges from the crash site.

"Wux hofibai! Wux geou trian xikin mrith dout waphic lae si gribkoan shafaer dout drihliri. Dout denthanus geou tiichi sia suacoic ihk tiselaiw. Ihk si Culniar, wer svant jhank vur hianag di wer Agata kaden rune, geou qe dout sultanic." The large wind beast roars at the two warriors that have dared to defy her. Her fury is only inflamed upon seeing the human female looking confused while the male hums an annoying tune.

"Caleb what does it say? Is it surrendering?" Nidalee asks while tilting her head in confusion. Despite not knowing what the dragon is saying, Culniar knows enough Common to have her rage boil over and fire a wind blast at the Beastial Huntress who dodges it.

"She doesn't speak draconic by the way! Nid the dragon basically said, "Rawr rawr I'll eat you two. Rawr rawr screams on my winds, Rawr Rawr I Culniar will be your end." Now let's slay a dragon." Caleb answers Nidalee while mocking Culniar before donning the Dark Armor. Half of Nidalee's cougars also have recovered enough to come to their aid.

Even with her tongue having been impaled, an eye missing, a wing cut off, and coated in shrapnel, the Sky's Hammer refuses to back down. However it is mostly the dragon's hurt pride that is keeping her going as she roars in fury at her adversaries. The hostess of the Agata clan's rune now chooses to charge the impudent hunters who rush forward to meet her as well. Coming to an abrupt stop before both groups collide, the dragoness swipes her remaining wing at her foes. Despite being shredded to pieces from the crash, it still proves to be powerful enough to stun both Nidalee and her large cats in their tracks. Soon a familiar sensation tugs on Culniar's wing however as Caleb flies towards her on one of his Coercion lines. Avoiding a bite midair with his Spectral Dash, the Hooded slices off the dragon’s remaining wing with his Betwixt Saw before she smashes him in the back with her tail. Lacking her wing's ability to create strong gales however, the cloud drake quickly finds herself set upon by the Beastial Huntress and her pack. Knowing their chances of challenging even a crippled dragon head on aren't the best, Nidalee coordinates her cougars to perform hit and run attacks on the dragoness. Nidalee however instead chooses to use her Cougar Form to Pounce onto the dragon’s face and begins clawing and biting at it. While the Queen of the Jungle's attacks work at first, she is eventually pried off the dragoness’ face and thrown. Sent tumbling through the crushed dirt and grass, Nidalee watches the drake try to jump on her only to be yanked back. With his enhanced strength, Caleb pulls the dragoness further back before pinning her tail to the ground using the Betwixt Blade. Culniar desperately tries to turn around but instead receives a Javelin Toss to her already damaged jaw. With Nidalee requiring her attention again, the wind drake tries to kick Caleb away only for it to end in failure as the Hooded catches her foot and twists it. As the Hooded starts to climb onto the dragon's back, Nidalee resumes her head on assault and succeeds in damaging the dragon’s remaining eye. Blinding their foe then allows for Caleb to land on Culniar’s head where he recalls his blade and reforms them into gauntlets. Pummeling away at the drake’s skull, the great beast resigns herself to her fate upon feeling her skull crack open. Despite collapsing dead moments later, as with most dragons, this is not truly the end for the daughter of the Agata rune. Her spirit goes on to both bless her victorious foes and even imbues the land around her body with power. Returning to the primal elements of the world, she is however able to take solace in one simple pleasure. That her power goes to those who fought well against her rather than those who would falsely worship her for strength.

'We did it Caleb! Now that we've killed the cloud drake it'll give us a three and half percent out of combat movement buff. Woo!' Levia celebrates while Caleb dismisses the Dark Armor. Climbing down, he can barely see anything around him before a blue glowing wave flies past him.

"Thanks for the scrying bloom Nidalee. By the way, Levia, how does that help? I mean neither of us are exactly hurting for movement speed or mobility." Caleb asks Levia before the serpent flies into a rage asking why they even did all this then. The answer he gives her is a simple, “Because Nidalee asked." before the Hooded returns to the central clearing with the wild woman by his side.

Making his way into the caves just past the ruins, Caleb sets down the manor box and opens it. Upon Nidalee and him leaving the bone filled cave, they turn back around to find a set of luxurious doors replacing the entrance. Opening the grandiose doorway and finding the once bone filled cavern gone, the pair share a laugh before collapsing from exhaustion in the massive foyer. Not long after they both drift to sleep, the rest of the pack gathers around them to rest as well.

XxxX

Alternate Universe Snippets: Primordial Order VS Chaos #1

Amidst the vastness of the multiverse, a new universe is about to be born alongside two other beings of great power. One is a four armed, fiery, demonic knight who will be this world's incarnation of Hell. Her brother, Paradise, has already manifested in robes made of blinding light with clockwork angelic wings. Finding it odd that they’re universe is taking so long to manifest, the two are greeted by the horrifying sight of their bound world suddenly blinking out and dying. All around the gigantic entities, streams of souls meant to inhabit this reality begin to wander aimlessly before being held back by the pair. Not willing to become laughing stocks of the multiverse, this pair of Paradise and Hell come together to form a plan; together they will form a new plane for these beings to inhabit.

OvsC

Eons pass and two massive armies are facing each other down before their climatic battle; on one side marauders and devils and on the other wardens and angels. Having gathered in a vast wasteland, both sides are unfazed as a massive meteor crashes behind the side of Hell. On the side of Paradise, rain starts to fall as light breaks gently through the dark clouds above. Both phenomena eventually create massive pools of either water or lava to form. From the inferno limbs of dark stone begin to form while light touches the waters and begins to coalesce. Soon two groups of ten emerge onto both sides of this newly christened battlefield. Ten warriors of Order by the names of Riven, Nidalee, Garen, Karma, Syndra, Karthus, Jax, Pantheon, Brand and Yorick rise from the holy pool as blue energy restores them. Meanwhile the ten warriors of Chaos by the names of Yasuo, Lee Sin, Vladimir, Darius, Nasus, Vi, Caleb, Zoe, Rakan, and Sett shake off what unwanted stone remains on them before red energy invigorates them. With both groups of demigods manifested and their respective armies gathered, two final entities approach to observe the fray. The remaining magma forms into a massive creature with four arms while at the same time in the heavens above an angelic being is formed from the clouds. Seeing their respective patrons watching over them, both sides begin charging toward the opposing one. Both parties of demigods enter the war zone as well but since it is the shortest path towards their true foes.

The Infernal one known as Nasus is effortlessly cleaving his way through the mortals he towers over when their broken bodies begin to rise again. Too caught up in smashing through their petty defenses to empower his halberd, the champion of chaos fails to dodge a globule of light. As the undead are now leaping at the dark ascended with feral abandon, Nasus summons a circle of hellfire beneath him before he is dogpiled. Turning to face his challenger, Yorick who is blessed by the Arclight, Nasus sees he is standing ready with even more corpses. Rushing to add another body to the stacks around him, the cerberus rushes at the Arclight only for a living ring of light and gold to surround him. Sending another wave of his army of ghouls to attack, Yorick already starts to look for another fight as Nasus struggles to smash the horde of undead. A charged corpse is sent flying past the Shepherd of Soul, and as he turns around, Yorick sees Nasus has unleashed his inner fury to grow even larger as well as sprouting two extra heads. With a sandstorm and hellfire surrounding him, it doesn't take long for the infernal being to break free of the obstructions around him. Realizing the fight isn’t over yet, Yorick throws off his cape and summons the Maiden of the Mist to empower himself. With his Queen by his side and a new army of ghouls raised, Yorick's axe begins to glow before he personally leads his new army in a charge against the flaming cerberus.

CvsO

A circle has formed amongst the ranks of Paradise and Hell as two brawlers begin to duel each other. Armed with only claws and some obsidian gloves, Sett is bobbing and weaving as he attempts to punch Jax’s head off. The Archangel meanwhile is proving more than a match for the beast man bastard as he Counter Strikes the Demon's blows. With a final parry he leaves the hybrid open and stuns him by smashing his bell staff across the man's face. Wings then sprout from Jax's back as he takes a might leap into the air to strike down Sett. To counter this Leap Strike, the Boss plants his feet and unleashes Haymaker that unleashes a blast of stored energy that grounds the angelic being. Pulling his opponent in for a Facebreaker, the demonic brawler then punches Jax in the face twice before picking him up. Rushing forward with his armored foe, Sett unleashes a Show Stopper and crashes the angel into his entourage. It doesn’t take long though for Jax to recover and he quickly punches Sett away to make some space. Deciding his opponent is worthy of the Grandmaster’s Might, the troll has six wings erupt from his back as his armor becomes encased in light blue flames. In a Relentless Assault that quickly puts Sett on the defensive, the Grandmaster at Arms begins to Empower his various attacks. Combining one of these empowered blows with his true angelic might, the Archangel smashes his bell into the demon’s chest and with a loud toll sends him flying onto his back. Getting back up, spitting some black blood, and cracking his knuckles, Sett’s fists become engulfed by crimson flames as he Knuckles Down. With their respective warm ups over, both of these warriors can only smile as this is a good fight.

OvsC

On the western flank of the battle, the marauders are trying to cut off a force of wardens but are suddenly consumed in holy flames. Peering into the golden blaze, the wardens are able to see that their savior is Brand before falling back as quickly as they can. With pure abandon, the Arclight begins to set his section of the battlefield ablaze; turning both ally and enemy alike to smoking husk in the ensuing inferno. Turning it’s sights to a new group of warriors, the "holy" abomination aims to Sear them when a feather slams into it’s head. Brushing off the attack, Brand instead summons a Pillar of Flame under the chaotic warriors; who seconds later emerge unscathed. Surrounding them are shields summoned by Rakan’s Battle Dance before he himself turns into a ball of hellfire. Becoming like a comet for his Grand Entrance, the Charmer crashes in front of the Arclight before launching them both up in a burst of lava and flames. As the Infernal champion begins to use the Quickness to avoid Brand’s retaliation, the mortal combatants are all glad a champion of Chaos has begun dueling the holy flame wielder.

CvsO

On the eastern edge of the battle several boulder sized chunks of earth are torn out of the ground. Syndra then hurls these at the demons beneath her and crushes dozens of them to death. One of them doesn’t land however and is instead hurled back at her, when the Justicar looks to see the culprit she is greeted by Demon Vi juggling several stones. The smirking demoness then slams her gauntlets together and summons her wings before taking flight. With Vi flying towards her now, Syndra creates light orbs and more floating islands before launching a volley at her foe. Bobbing and weaving through the projectiles, Vi closes the gap by punching through one of the motes Syndra was using as a shield. Before she can lay a claw on the holy sorceress however, a Scatter the Weak forces her back. Her Justicar foe then sends her Unleashed Power at Vi and pummels the brawler straight into the ground with Light Spheres. Vi knows she was only able to survive the barrage of attacks thanks to her Blast Shield but this fact doesn’t deter her. Holding her gauntlet out, the demonic Enforcer launches out a massive chain that eventually launches onto Syndra’s leg. In desperation, the Order mage attempts to fly away but is quickly caught up to and body slammed into the earth.

OvsC

Casually floating through the warring hordes, Karthus begins chanting hymns to help ease the dying into their final rest. His work is then interrupted via a massive shockwave released by Lee Sin as he gets into the spirit of battle. Growing annoyed by the singing, Lee Sin throws out a Sonic Wave at the Angel of Death. As it connects, the confident monk flying kicks towards the passive angel who seems like easy prey. A simple flick of the wrist from Karthus though makes Lee immediately stop his kick as a wall of golden clouds and gates appears. Closing his good book, Karthus turns to focus on his bloodthirsty opponent before unleashing his inner light. As magnificent wings emerge from his back an aura of pure radiance begins to encircle the mage. Mortals all around stop to gaze at the holy being before having their life forces drained to join his radiance. Wanting to end this conflict as soon as possible, Karthus prepares one final song; a Requiem. Soon a gentle ray of light starts to envelope all of the champions of Chaos before a single angel feather begins to float down towards them. Lee Sin notices all of this begins to take immediate action. Safeguarding a nearby marauder, he then channels the Dragon’s Rage before kicking away the holy creature. With his concentration broken, Karthus realizes that he will simply have to pacify each soul the long way; starting with this wild one before him.

CvsO

Whereas Karthus helps lead souls towards death, Karma is busy leading them towards reincarnation. Lady Karma currently finds herself moving towards the sounds of suffering souls when she comes across a grisly sight. It would seem that Vladimir and several demons are currently torturing several angels they captured. Driven to free the angels of their pain and punish her adversaries, the Enlightened One launches a massive fireball at the perpetrators. The self proclaimed "King of Night" barely notices this in time, and while his fellow hedonists are disintegrated, he merely sinks into his Sanguine Pool. Seeing the dark mass quickly undulating towards her, Karma uses her Inspire spell to envelope herself in energy and runs from it. Not one to let his foes escape so easily, the Crimson Reaper summons the Tides of Blood to him and forms an orb before exploding globules of death all around him. One of these hits the Dawnbringer in her back and slows her down; enough for Vladimir to casually walk up to her. This proves to be an underestimation on his part as when he starts to drain her life force, Karma’s mantra kicks in. Beginning her Renewal binding, the Dawnbringer tethers herself to the Nightbringer. Despite his efforts to pool away, Vladimir soon finds himself wrapped in holy binds.

OvsC

Amidst the many roars of conflict two stand out the most, the roar of a majestic lion and the howls of the wolf of war. These two avatars are leading charges on both sides before they clash near their respective masters. Eager to prove his worth before the other godly host, Garen is attempting to end his rival with a Decisive Strike. His hopes of a quick resolution are just as swiftly stopped as Darius is able to Apprehend the orderly king before putting him on the defensive. Clashing weapons, Darius starts to gain an edge in their contest of strength before Garen splits his own blade into two. Forced to backpedal, the Hand of Hell is barely able to avoid the Might of Paradise’s Judgment. Barely avoiding these spinning strikes, Darius takes a desperate swipe and, after he succeeds in deflecting one attack, has his ax blade twist back to smack away the next. Seeing an opening now, the wolf king draws his massive weapon back before he Decimates all those around him. While this effortlessly cleaves all of the surrounding mortals, Garen summons for his avatar and Cougar to shield the blow. With Darius now replenished by the carnage around him, and Garen by the Perseverance of his allies, the two God Kings stare each other down before reengaging each other.

CvsO

Prowling through the escalating conflict, Nidalee awaits her opportunity to pounce on an unsuspecting Chaos warrior. To her shock, it ends up being her who is ambushed as a chain tendril wraps around her and drags her to her presumably doom. Reeling in the cougar is Fallen Caleb but before he can strike down the Dawnbringer she transforms into her human form to escape the line. Rolling away from her prey, Nidalee launches a Javelin Toss at the constantly shifting being when he tries to jump onto her. Turning into flames and letting the spear pass through him, the lost soul then summons a bastard sword of obsidian to impale Nidalee with. Decides to take the initiative this time, the Bestial Huntress shapeshifts once more and Pounces onto Caleb. Tackling him to the ground, her massive teeth are only held at bay by the onyx blade before it disappears. In it’s place is a pair of gauntlets that grab her by the neck before lifting her off the ground. Caleb, who was once an angel struggling with corruption, is now a full blown demon imbued with the powers of Hell. Wrapping his arms around the struggling cougar’s form, he begins to crush her in a vice. Something inside of the Fallen being snaps however and he throws Nidalee away before shaking off this strange feeling. Shedding her bestial form, the huntress heals herself with a Primal Surge and grits her teeth for the fight ahead. Regaining his focus, Caleb does the same and begins to run towards the Dawnbringer.

OvsC

Thanks to the efforts of the other fronts, several squadrons of wardens have managed to penetrate past the marauder’s lines and reach their rear flank. They then begin to think the battle is taking a toll on them as the force of wardens begins to feel exhausted. Soon they begin to fall asleep one by one before Zoe appears overheard. Summoning a ball of chaotic energy, the Jester of Madness tosses the red and purple orb at her sleeping playthings. Before her Paddle Star can detonate however a line of golden shields blocks the explosives. Emerging from the smoke and dust is the Warrior of Dawn Pantheon, ready to face this monster with the face of a child. Seeing more of the forces of Order coming, Zoe summons more Paddle Stars and bubbles around her. Starting to skip and cartwheel, the alternate Aspect of Twilight’s magic starts to fly all around her at random. Blocking whatever flies his way with his shield, Atreus is only able to watch as several people around him are turned to ash. Vaulting forward, Pantheon tries to end the impish creature’s madness but hits only air with his shield. Looking up, he sees Zoe returning via her Portal Jump and bringing a volley of Paddle Stars and More Sparkles with her. Calling forth his Aegis Assault, the Warrior of Dawn begins to rapidly stab at any of Zoe’s magic that comes near him. When the barrage ends, Atreus slams out his shield to send a cone of energy which sends his opponent spinning through the air. He then tries to throw his Comet Sword Spear at the devilish terror but she dodges it by Portal Jumping away again. Reappearing on the now cleared out western front, Zoe decides to not return to her previous location and begins giggling at the chaos she caused. Her laughing fit ceases however as a familiar spear lands near her. Watching as a star rises above the battlefield, the terrified demon mage can only watch in terror as an angel of war, wreathed in gold and blue flames, crashes down towards her.

CvsO

At the center of this bloody confrontation are the two de facto commanders of both factions, Dawnbringer Riven and Nightbringer Yasuo. Hacking and slashing through the grunts around them, eventually both warriors dash towards each other and clash in a display of bladework. Riven then forces Yasuo to jump back when she unleashes a Ki Burst before he quickly counters by trying to cut her head off mid leap. The Nightbringer is then quick to recover as he manages to nick Riven’s side after she ducks his previous blow. Dashing towards each other once more, both sides try to land a blow on the other only for it to be blocked by their respective shields. Trying to send the remaining energy of their shields into the opponent, Riven and Yasuo end up causing an explosion of holy and unholy energies. Being sent into enemy lines, Riven cuts down swathes of surrounding demons while Yasuo cuts to ribbons any nearby angel with his hidden claws. Needing a distraction, Yasuo summons several small flame elementals and flings them at Riven. While the Dawnbringer is able to easily smack them away, it does buy her Nightbringer counterpart enough time to ignite his blade with a spit of demonic brew. Slashing with all his might, the Chaos champion launches out a tornado of flames which grows until it catches Riven in the vortex. Now covering his face in a mask of flames, Yasuo flies after Riven to cut the Last Breath from her. Summoning clones of smoke and darkness to aid him, his newly formed companions take turns hitting the Dawnbringer before gathering into his blade. Before he can finish her off though, Riven’s eyes glow an even brighter blue before she unleashes her true form. Catching Yasuo off guard, she uses this chance to grab her demonic foe by the neck and slams him into the guard. Floating above the crater Yasuo’s impact made, Riven launches out a slash of holy energy towards him. Not ready to fall however, the alternate Unforgiven forces himself to move and summons a wall of darkness and hellfire to save himself. Getting back up, Yasuo sees a jet of golden flame careening towards him at the same time Riven sees a ball of wild magic doing the same. Before either projectile can hit, shields of both light and hellfire protect these warriors but not ones of their own making. Rallying to their respective commanders, both sets of champions line up with the few remaining mortal divisions. Feeling the blessings of their patrons empowering them with blue and red energy, each sides’ demigods unleash their true forms. With feelings of zealotry and fanaticism to guide them, both armies begin charging and flying towards each other one last time to decide this destructive and bloody conflict.

OvsC

Hours later the clashing of blades ceases when Yasuo slides beneath Riven and cuts her across the back. With the last of the angelic host dead, the last of the demonic host looks around at the carnage. From the countless broken bodies of mortals, to the decimated supernatural creatures, and even his fellow champions that now lay still, the Nightbringer takes in the picture of death before him. As he begins to leave the battlefield, Yasuo stops as pain erupts from his stomach and he notices a deep wound. Letting go of his blade, the dark swordsman tries to walk away while holding in his guts but eventually collapses with too much of his black blood leaving him. Turning over with the last of his strength, the champion of this cycle tries to have one last drink when he notices that his blood has started to turn white and golden before it begins to rain and he dies as well.

CvsO

Time passes with the Primordial War ending with mortals able to live chaotic but free lives for a cycle. Eventually the bodies are all washed away with the rain before returning to the earth as even time forgets what has happened. A new age comes and with it two kingdoms arise from the ruins of this world; one living just but stagnant lives while the other is free but darwinistic. Inevitably conflict comes to these two factions as the harbingers of the wolf and lion firmly take the reins of them. From within a grand city by a lake, the people of Demacia pray for their gods to lead and protect them. Outside of its walls and preparing to siege them, the people of the Noxian wilds pray for the strength to destroy their oppressors from the Chaotic pantheon. Both sides have their prayers answered as a meteor begins falling at the time a gentle storm approaches. Forming faster than his siblings, a being of light is formed within the lake before he races to the surface. Without disturbing the surface, the swordsman walks onto land before turning to see his changed reflection. When he looks down however his golden hair gets in the way until he ties it up with a pair of silver bands. Pulling out his white katana made of pure light, the samurai in golden and blue robes turns to face the inferno in the distance. Amidst the blade he sees a giant, one that summons eight warriors of chaos before molding flames into three more Infernal beings; one with two swords, a bow, and massive wings respectively. Witnessing the dark champions moving to meet with the Wolf King, Yasuo is startled when a hand touches his shoulder. Turning to see his fellow champions of Order emerging alongside a new girl with a golden bird on her shoulders and a woman with a strange hat and rifle. Taking his hand off Yasuo’s shoulder, Garen gathers his allies inside of the city walls to begin their defense.

As they enter the city walls, the champions of Order feel a familiar blue glow soothe them of pain. On the side of Chaos, a similar red glow rewards them with feelings of reinvigoration before they prepare to fight. Unbeknownst to both sides of the conflict, a pair of children are growing alongside this latest cycle of conflict.

XxxX

A/N As always thank you for reading my story. I do hope you all leave requests on things you'd wanna see as it also helps me plan out future events. Side stories include Variables and Constants which focuses on AUs, Tales of the Hooded which tells the stories of the previous Hooded (Message for option details),and Sleipnir Squadron Logs which focuses on other OCs besides Caleb and Levia though they will meet up in time. I am as always pleased to provide a source of hopefully entertainment for others and that you will support me in all your different ways in the future.

Chapter 4: REunited

Notes:

Welcome, welcome everyone! I do hope you all enjoy the first chapter of the new year. Happy Birthday Twins.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

A/N Welcome, welcome everyone! I do hope you all enjoy the first chapter of the new year. Happy Birthday Twins.

Starring: DAHN, Aki, Metto, Caleb, Evelynn, and Quinn Cameos from: Cathy, Yuumi and Book, Cithria, "Steve", Sona, Neeko, Riven, Valor, and Levia

XxxX

Months pass at Caleb's Manor where some of his friends can be found having a bit of a lazy day. Standing in the buffet hall is a pale man with rich, brown hair in a blue vest with a long left sleeve and khaki shorts standing before the meat section. Rolling their ring arm's shoulder, which has a ring of raw pink muscles, DAHN watches as invisible servants line up a smorgasbord of meat based dishes upon silver trays. Feeling their mouth start to water, the Bio Behemoth's right arm rips apart before reforming into one made of pure muscle with organic metal for bones and claws. A row of teeth then forms down the middle of it before the former Zaunite scientist kneels a bit. He then lines up the arm with the platters of food before moving their arm across them to feast.

CDAM

Three years earlier, a woman by the name of Asya was finishing up her shower when she heard a crash coming from the living room. Rushing towards the noise, the blonde woman comes in to see her children, Hedeon and Nadia, helping their father up. Thinking the scientist had simply been working too hard recently, Asya lays him down on the nearby couch. Like her kids, she knows how much Danilo's most recent project means to him. Her husband firmly believes in his newly made synthetic organisms and the good they can bring; including getting them out of Zaun. Being the man's former assistant, Asya knows he is more than justified in having this much faith in the red worm creatures. Several hours later, the family is eating meatloaf but Danilo has yet to touch his plate. With the kids starting to look at him worried, Asya finally decides to speak up.

"Love, you've barely touched your food. Is there something you would like to say?" The factory worker asks while cutting off another piece for her son. When his mom doesn't look, he then sneaks a small piece for the family ragdoll cat, Petro.

"I lied. Oh Janna! What have I done?! It's all my fault!" The man shouts before he breaks down crying. Quickly moving the kids out of the room, Asya starts to comfort her husband.

"What did you do? I'm sure we can fix it if we put our minds together." Asya, being the ever supportive wife she is, tells Danilo while hugging him. Feeling her warmth, he gives her a light kiss before his brown eyes meet her hazel ones.

"I took out money from the Numerals; wouldn't have had to if not for that bitch! Also earlier, when I collapsed, I saw a vision of the future. You and the children died, I was left a crippled husk of a man but my experiments worked and saved me before it was too late. It's completely insane but this vision of mine felt so real… Asya please come with me to the lab. I can't protect you from those bastards but we don't have to suffer." Danilo begs while putting his hand out for her to take. Feeling in her soul that he is right, the mother of two puts her faith in the love of her life.

The next day a squadron of Numeral thugs, armed with automatic rifles, go to investigate Danilo's lab. Upon initial arrival the group find it devoid of any signs of life and only find empty cages, a recently used alchemy station, and emptied filing cabinets. Pulling out a radio, the crew of four start to ask if anyone has seen their target while not knowing they are being watched. Behind them on the ceiling, what was once Danilo waits for their chance to strike. With it's feet formed into claws and spikes, DAHN watches the hitmen eventually announce their failure to secure Danilo. Slinking down from it's hiding spot, the Bio Behemoth now bars the thugs' path before they form a quick firing line after being startled by DAHN's sudden appearance.

"Professor Danilo, our employers would prefer that we take you alive. Of course we could always go after your wife and kids if you refuse. Now, will you come with us peacefully?" Peterson asks before his team turns off their safeties. Taking aim, they can't help feeling disturbed when he starts to laugh insanely.

"Not this time you fuckers. This time we were prepared." Are DAHN's only warning before it's arm transforms. Near their shoulder, a hazel eye opens as the fingers on DAHN's hand start to split into clawed tentacles.

Taking the initiative, the Numeral hit squad opens fire upon the mutant. This does nothing as DAHN begins their Blade Shield technique, having their lasher-esque fingers flail around them to smack away the bullets until the group's magazines eventually run out.

"Yeah, fuck no. I'm sorry to have bothered you. You have a good day sir." Is all the lone female shooter of the group on the far left has to say; before she then proceeds to put down her gun and leaves out the back door. DAHN simply shrugs at this and turns to face their remaining prey who choose to stay.

While two of them start reloading, the burly one in the middle charges forward to buy time with his switch knife. DAHN is then quick to extend their arm and stabs their would be assailant in the chest. They then swap places and while traveling through the air DAHN kicks off of them as well. Now standing next to the two gunners, the Bio Behemoth quickly backhands one into the wall of cages before delivering a massive punch to Peterson. When the backhanded man behind them tries to get up, DAHN quickly forms a large fist and slams onto his head which Crushes Them. Watching his team mate's skull enter his chest, the terrified Peterson pulls out his pistol and wildly opens fire. One of these manages to hit DAHN in the leg and forces them to take a knee. Quick to retaliate, the amalgamation stabs the remaining hit man's shooting hand with a tendril. Peterson then begins to scream in horror as he starts to slowly be dragged towards DAHN. As he fights to survive, the Numeral can only grow more desperate as more tendrils stab into his limbs to aid in their grisly task. Dragging their prey within arm's reach, DAHN starts to choose him with their remaining human limb as their other arm begins to mutate again. This time it forms into a tunnel of teeth which is lowered onto Peterson's head. The sounds of regret are then replaced by the sounds of flesh tearing and bones cracking for ten minutes. By the time the Sleipnir emerges from the lab, not only do they have a healthy tan but they have left no evidence of the bodies behind. Wiping some blood from their mouth, DAHN begins to climb onto the nearby rooftops as another squad of Numerals approaches to investigate. For the next few years, DAHN would continue to perform hit and runs on the Numerals until one day the Hooded appeared to end the gang menace for good.

CDAM

Back in the present, DAHN is curled up on a table and surrounded by empty platters. Feeling a metallic finger start to rapidly tap their nose, instincts take over for the mutant as they swiped a clawed hand around them. After hitting nothing but air, DAHN looks behind themself and sees Cathy standing with a look of annoyance.

Entering in from the kitchen with a turkey club in hand, Aki finds Cathy in the middle of scolding DAHN for eating the food meant for the Hooded's birthday later. Watching the scene unfolding before him, the Shadow Wyrm picks up a knife to spread some mustard on his lunch when he feels a running sensation on his cheek. Using the blade as a mirror, the teen sees his right cheek is twitching. Deciding to wipe off the concealer he is using, Aki feels a tad self conscious about the scars on it before snapping out of it. He reminds himself that even with all his scars, including his mauled left ear, that the other Coalition members still care about him. Taking this chance to check himself over, the teen has an invisible servant bring him a mirror. Making sure his short raven hair is properly combed, he is relieved to see his dress shirt and dark fatigues are free of mustard stains. Once he is done making sure he looks good for the party later, the Shadow Wyrm starts to get annoyed that the Cyber Pilot and Bio Behemoth are still arguing. Leaving to find a peaceful place to finish his sandwich, Aki sniggers a bit at the two adults arguing like children when he's a teenager. Even with him being the youngest of the Sleipnirs however he has seen plenty of combat; from being in the Ionian and Noxian war, to a former Order of Shadows member, and finally his own personal escapades. Finding a nice view on one of the manor's many balconies, Aki begins to reminisce about one such adventure a few months ago.

CDAM

Infiltrating a gang's apartment complex, the rogue shadow ninja has decided to take out the brigandes after seeing how they were extorting the area. Having cut a deal with the Weh'le guards for transport out of Ionia, Aki hopes to investigate the concrete building and find out what happened to several guards sent to flush it out two days ago. Not wanting any of the clearly terrified guards to get hurt, the Shadow Wyrm has decided to enter alone. Making his way up the central staircase of the four stories tall building, the teen finds no resistance on the first floor before his luck runs out. Upon entering the second floor, over a dozen brigands armed with knives and clubs attack him from random rooms. However with his superior hand to hand skills and training, Aki soon leaves the hallway filled with broken bodies. Arriving on the third floor, the boy begins to hear groans of agony and sneaks his way closer to the sound. When Aki arrives at the room from where the sound is coming from, a pale and smiling brigand wearing red comes out with two long knives.

"I'm gonna check on those noises guys… intruder!" Huájī yells to alert the other four gangsters, who are busy skinning the last guard, before pursuing Aki. He then chases the teen and tries to stab Aki near the staircase entrance but ends up disarmed and in a headlock.

"Hold on man we'll be right there!" The Shadow Wyrm hears from the gangster's friends before he pulls Huájī into the stairwell. Needing to get moving, Aki decides to throw the killer over the stone railing where he lands spine first on the opposite side and dies immediately

Avoiding a slash from behind, the Shadow Wyrm decides to retreat to the roof. Finding a door leading to it on the next floor, Aki tries to open it but finds that it has been chained locked. After struggling with the lock for a bit, he turns and sees the four remaining gang members arrive down the hall. They consist of Shi, a dark skinned teen several years older than Aki with short curly hair. Kun, a short, older woman with caramel skin and a jade circlet on her head. Sharul, who seems to be some kind of a shark based vastaya with dreads and ear piercings. The last to finally arrive is their leader named Kardama, who is a white haired man in a purple cloak. Looking a bit down, the Shadow Wyrm grows a bit nervous seeing them all armed with blood soaked machetes and ready to avenge their friend.

Feeling a familiar sensation overtakes his right hand as he lets go of the door, Aki sees shadow magic begin to form before dispelling it with a fist. Calming down a bit, the teen then rushes towards the brigands before they start to do the same while shouting a war cry. Kun is the first to reach Aki and tries to cut his head off only to be blocked and disarmed. She is quickly kneed and thrown onto the floor behind Genbu before having Sharul thrown into her. Shi then takes a swing but is blocked as well and tackled into a wall. While he pins the boy down, Aki unleashes a series of swift kicks into an approaching Kardama. Elbowing Shi in the throat before kneeing him away, Aki is then pulled off by Kardama and slammed back first into a nearby door. Kneeing the former ninja in the stomach, the white haired man tries to stab Genbu but his attack is dodged before he is then kicked off. Starting to stomp on the downed man, Aki is interrupted by Sharul tackling him to the floor. Stabbing at the pinned intruder, the shark vastaya barely misses Aki's face before he is forced off with an elbow to the nose. The Shadow Wyrm isn't given any time to recover however as Kun grabs him by the leg and drags him to a kneeling Shi. Shouting for her younger associate to cut off Genbu's leg, the boy responds too slowly as Aki kicks out Shi's legs and Kun in the face with his free leg. Slamming the young brigand's head into the floor, the former shadow ninja steals his blade before taking a swing at a dazed Kun. The woman is barely able to avoid his attack before Sharul tries to help out. Her vastaya friend is then just as quickly kicked in the stomach as Kardama arrives to have his own clash of blades with the Shadow Wyrm. Aki proves to be too swift for the older man however and succeeds in giving him a cut on the side of his neck. Trying to reduce their numbers, the Sleipnir tries to stab Kardama while he is downed but is instead tackled by Shi from behind. Losing the machete due to this surprise save, Aki slams his fellow teen's head into the ground once more before rushing for the blade. Shi's efforts aren't wasted however as Kardama is quick to recover and nearly cuts off Aki's fingers when he tries. blade due to the surprise save, Aki slams Shi's head again before going for the blade. A swipe then sends the intruder rolling back where he almost winds up being hacked apart by Kun. After the woman receives another boot to the face, Shi and Sharul decide to try double teaming Aki. Approaching him from both sides of the small hallway, they instead end up receiving integrals of keens and kicks from the Shadow Wyrm as he bounces between the two. Eventually Sharul is sent crashing into an abandoned room after receiving one too many kicks. This distraction does give Shi a good slash onto Aki's back after he briefly loses his foot. Despite his leather armor mostly protecting him, Genbu is still enraged by the attack and starts to repeatedly punch Shi in the face while slamming his head into the door. With Shi now stunned, Aki grabs the teen by his head and slams them both into the entrance of the emptied room. While Aki lands safely, the young brigand ends up with his neck impaled on the bottom shards of the broken door and dies.

Pausing for a moment to consider what he has done, Aki stumbles up and looks around to see he is inside of a one room apartment filled with dusty furniture. Remembering this is not the time for morals, Aki turns to Sharul who groggily tries to split his head in half but instead gets gut punched several times. The Shadow Wyrm then flips him through a nearby wooden table before Kun and Kardama rejoin the fray. Blocking all of Kardama's attacks, Genbu quickly slams him onto an abandoned stove before Kun tries her luck as well. For her efforts she is rewarded with her sword arm being pulled out of it's socket. Lacking control in her limb, Aki then forces her to cut her own stomach and slams her onto the ground. Easily taking Kun's blade from her broken form, the Sleipnir quickly then ends her life by stabbing her in the chest. More than tired of this intruder, Sharul kicks away the machete from Aki's hand before sending the intruder over a nearby couch. Now in a blood frenzy, the vastaya starts landing quite a few knees on the tree before biting his shoulder. He then fails to notice as the Shadow Wyrm picks him up before slamming the gray man nape first into a nearby corner of the room. Hearing his spine break, Kardama starts to furiously trade blows with the man who has killed all his comrades. Proving to be surprisingly adept at hand to hand combat, Kardama even manages to suplex Aki before putting him into a headlock from above. Grabbing the man by his hood, the Shadow Wyrm manages to pull Kardama off of him before head butting his nose. He then tries to put the brigand leader into a chokehold several times but finds it broken each try. The larger white haired man then uses his strength to lift himself and Aki up. Trying to slam the teen into a wall, he is forced to throw Genbu away instead when the boy starts to hit him in the back of the head. Recovering quickly, the Shadow Wurm avoids two wild swings from the bandit's reclaimed machete before managing to grab his sword arm. Pulling himself in close, Aki begins punching and elbowing his way the right side of Kardama's body. Finishing the fight with a rabbit punch, Aki begins to hear the sounds of shouting closing in. Apparently some of the gang members were out and have returned to tell everyone about the guards approaching the building. Needing a quick get away, and seeing a barely conscious Kardama getting up, Aki Genbu gets an idea. Charging into the gang leader and picking him up, the Shadow Wyrm crashes them both out of the room's window.

After taking a minute to catch his breath, Aki moves away from the convulsing body and into a nearby alley as guards rush past him. Taking off his armor to check for any damage, the Sleipnir pushes in a few dislocated ribs when he feels a cold steel hook around his neck. Grabbing the shaft of the kama, he slams his body backwards and knocks down his would-be attacker. Flipping the weapon in his hand, the former shadow ninja prepares to slam it into his opponent's head but stops upon seeing who it is. On the ground is a teenage girl with a long, dark ponytail wearing green light armor and with a matching mask obscuring her face.

"Hello Akali. So did you want to kill me or say goodbye?" Aki asks before throwing the kinouchi's weapon between her legs. Tearing the blade from the ground, the Kinkou ninja has come to have one last talk with Genbu before he leaves Weh'le and her behind.

CDAM

Down reminiscing, Aki notices Metto flying overhead before his thoughts wander to who took his homemade ramen from the fridge. The wind spirit soon lands and finds that the ramen she found has just finished cooling off. Pulling up a chair, the green eyed woman wonders if her friend Genbu would've liked some of her food. Her eyes then change to blue and Layka starts to slurp away at the noodles while bird watching. Feeling some inspiration coming from the tones of the jungle around her, the skald pulls out her lute and begins to play. As her song begins to carry on the winds, it doesn't take long before several birds, lizards, and spirits arrive to listen. Reaching into her amauti's back pouch, and grabbing some special salt from within, the dark haired woman imbues some magic into it before releasing it. The enchanted mineral now feels cool as snow and soon forms into a small idol of the Wind Shepherd. Salty Layka then hops into a carriage and begins to move towards a mining village. Satisfied with her projection, Layka begins to regale her audience with a story.

CDAM

Arriving at the mountain village of Phoenix Perch amidst a snowstorm, a supply caravan carrying Avarosan grains and medicines enters through it's tall wooden gates. Stepping off one of these carriages is a woman wearing a tan and purple skirt style amauti with colorful wooden charms lining the base of it. Long black hair slips from her hood as she begins to gaze around the plagued village. Spotting several of the village militia approaching her, Layka prepares to introduce herself when a man wrapped in murk wolf skin beats her to it. The blonde man, Asger, explains that in exchange for her protection they would bring the exorcist with them. After finding the shaman wandering amongst the sastruga near the mountain, she quickly proved her worth fending off several qiqirn; demonic blood sucking hounds. With her arrival explained, Asger escorts the tanned woman into the warmother's hall. Sitting at the head of a long table, the exhausted woman with crimson hair looks up from her X covered maps.

"Forgive me if I'm not the best host stranger but my cursed people are barely scraping by as is. Our mines stink of death and any who try to work in them return with disease. To make matters worse, our usual hunting grounds at the base of the mountain have turned on us. Either all of our hunting parties are unable to find prey or they have found themselves turned into it." Warmother Asta informs the shaman before getting up and collapsing on her wooden throne. Gazing over to Wyrm Fang, her true ice spear, the middle aged woman can't help but see herself as a failure at protecting her people.

"Evil does lurk around this mountain, luckily I am here and I can help. Know that I will treat your people as if they were my own kin warmother Asta. Huh, I actually managed to sound professional; oops, sorry ma'am." The ditzy wind says before kneeling by the tired leader's side. Just from what they've been told so far, even someone as scatterbrained as Metto, can tell that those Xs are spots where hunts have gone wrong.

The next day Metto, Asger, and a group of hunters head to the site of the most recent attack. After searching around the local forest, the hunters try to locate any tracks not destroyed by the recent snowstorm while Metto wanders off. Now away from the humans, the Wind Shepherd begins to meditate and begins to hear the spirits of the trees. They tell her of a large creature that has been stalking these woods recently. When pressed for more information, they are unable to answer her but do inform her of a fresh set of tracks nearby. Guiding the hunters towards this discovery, the party finds a trail of massive footprints that seem to have been made by trolls. The wind spirit however finds this theory to be too mundane of an explanation for the events happening however. Informing the party that she will be heading to the village mines, the shaman leaves the group to further investigate the tracks.

Waiting for night to fall, the Wind Shepherd lights a torch for herself before venturing into the mountain. As she is heading deeper inside of the tunnels, the smell of rotting flesh soon hits her nose hard. Summoning a bubble of clean air to counteract the miasma, Metto reaches for her weapon of choice for the fight ahead. Grasping a cobalt blue handle from her back pouch, Layka pulls out a foot-long fan with feathers from all over the world decorating both sides of the handle. Feeling a draft coming from the end of the tunnel, Metto summons a massive gale which clears out a makeshift wall of rocks. Entering a circular chamber filled with water and half eaten bodies, the exorcist spots a woman that looks like a younger version of Asta near the back on an island. Trudging her way through the inky pool, the skald puts down her torch and begins to inspect the pale woman's emaciated features.

"Ma'am can you hear me? If you can then know I'm going to get you out of here so just…" Layka is unable to finish her sentence when the ceiling falls apart. Just like the debris and moonlight, a twelve foot tall humanoid crashes into the center of the chamber.

A mix of man and beast, the monster's bloodsoaked grin and body of twisted ice, bones, and flesh confirm to Metto that this is a chenoo. Gently sitting the dying girl against a nearby wall, Metto turns with her fan raised as a flood of wind encompasses her. Sending a volley of slicing winds at the roaring creature, the shaman begins to cover the chenoo in cuts as it prepares to throw a boulder at her. Leaping out of the way, Layka lands in the waters before Metto channels an icey blue energy into their fan. Seeing another rock coming her way, she then releases this pent up power and sends out a trio of freezing wind streams. Her magic manages to catch the stone midair and freezes it enough to shatter. The icey gales aren't finished however as they soon then gather underneath her foe and lift it into the air. The middle of the wave catches the massive stone midair, it then freezes and shatters the boulder. With her Boreal Barrage stalling the creature, the Wind Shepherd conjures another spell except this time it engulfs her fan with red energy as an alien heat begins to fill the cavern. As the chenoo is finally let down, it is soon surrounded by a firestorm that begins to flay it alive. Desperately trying to escape from the blaze, the monster is pursued by the spell as ice thaws, water boils, and the air around it goes dry. Now left a singed mess, Metto rushes towards the creature for the finisher and shoves a fish full of her magical salts down it's through.

While the demon starts to melt and boil from the inside out, Layka rushes to check on the incapacitated girl. Feeling her motherly instincts kick in, the skald begins to cradle the woman like a newborn. Seeing her blessed salts finishing their work, the Wind Shepherd sees Asger emerge from the demonic shell with a block of ice in the middle of his chest. With the fight over and the mystery solved, Metto uses her powers to float everyone out of the accursed chamber. Finding several militia members coming to investigate all of the commotion, the Sleipnir decides to land near them.

After explaining what happened in the mines to Asta half an hour later, the two mothers are able to discern what has been happening. As it turns out, several weeks earlier, Asger and Ula were sent with a hunting party to find food. The two successors' party then must have had a run in with several migrating trolls and became lost as a result. Layka then explains that Asger must have grown scared of starvation and began hoarding food; this would serve to explain why he became a chenoo. Once he was possessed, the man must have tried to convince Ula to resort to cannibalism but failed. Not willing to accept his sister's refusal however, the monster then forced her to inhabit a cave filled with bodies under threat of starvation. However despite all of this, Layka is still unable to determine why a miasma suddenly formed in the mines. The warmother then takes a deep sigh before explaining that her bloodline has several mages in it; if she had to take a guess the girl's powers had developed out of desperation.

"Thank you for your efforts exorcist. I must ask though, how long will my son stay in his slumber?" The worried redhead asks the shaman before failing to stand up. A combination of exhaustion from these events and the fates of her only children being enough to immobilize the woman.

"In the songs and stories I know of they say that his heart will be frozen until another gives him their own. It is said that only an act of love such as this can break the ice that can shatter blades. Essentially it is a life for a life." The blue eyed woman informs her counterpart while staring into her hazel eyes. Seeing a spark of determination form in the warmother, Layka watches as she grabs Wyrm's Fang and uses it as a crutch to stand.

"Then I must go, after all it was my pushing for them to prove their worth that led to this. But I must first know something about you stranger. Your actions and clothes give you away as a mother, would you do the same as I am about to?" Asta asks the other woman before she starts to limp towards the hall's doors. With the guards and any healthy villagers surrounding them, the redheaded woman hopes to receive one final push to commit to her actions; she also hopes to ingrain the memory of this woman who saved them all into their minds.

"I am a mother as you suspected and yes I would. Even now my actions are a sacrifice to make this world a better place for my son. Despite not being able to be with him I feel in my heart that he knows I love him. It is why whenever I get the chance I play my lute, this way my song can ride the winds to him." The now teary eyed Layka confesses before leaving the hall soon after. As she begins trekking away from Phoenix Perch, Layka pulls out her lute from her back pouch and starts to play.

CDAM

With Layka's done sharing her story, Metto gets up and goes to see the other Sleipnir members in their lounge. A fairly large room, the group have decorated it with several house plants, a coffee machine, a full liquor bar, couches, an endless fridge, and any trophies from missions they've gone on. Taking a seat next to Dahn, who has entered a minor food coma, Metto begins eating a bag of chips. Glancing over Aki who is sipping some coffee, the spirit inhabiting Layka notices Cathy frantically checking over a notebook. The mechanical woman then gets up and announces that the group forgot to pick up the cakes they ordered for the Hooded's party. Quickly formulating a plan, Cathy and Aki decide to go pick them up from Zaun while DAHN stays to greet guests and Metto finishes setting up the party. Getting up to complete her tasks, Metto begins to wonder where the Hooded is right now before shrugging off these thoughts and wondering what Bandle City is like.

XxxX

Despite how good his expedition to the Yordle city started, with the small creatures easily informing him where Yuumi frequents, the Hooded finds himself in a precarious position. After finding the former home of Nora he tried to enter it through the front door; unfortunately the house was designed with only Yordles in mind. Now he is stuck in the doorway of the den and has been watching magically animated objects cleaning the house. Eventually he feels something jump onto his rear and, despite trying to not freak out, yelps in pain when he feels claws. Instinctively going into Spectral Form, Caleb flings himself back outside and makes Yuumi faceplant into Book. Gently pulling the cat free, the Hooded sees that she has managed to get her head surrounded by bread and stifles a laugh. Taking a seat and putting Yuumi onto his lap, the Perfect Host picks up Book so Levia and him can learn how to teleport freely. Several hours pass and Levia is able to fully master teleportation thanks to the magical beings. With their teleportation remastered, Caleb gets an idea for what he wants to do with his first teleportation.

"Levia we're going to Demacia, I need to see Quinn. I've got no excuse to wait in this timeline, I'm going to celebrate my birthday with my sister damn it." Caleb tells Levia before removing the sleeping cat from his lap. As Pumpkin Energy deconstructs them, Levia begins to panic as they end up appearing in the middle of a battle.

Arriving along the southern woods bordering Demacia and Noxus, the Hooded has arrived at the canyon on the southern front of the skirmish. Above on a nearby muddy plain, the Demacian cavalry is struggling to break the advancing Noxian wall of pikes. This is largely in part to having to divide their forces to avoid being flanked via the nearby canyon. Using their superior numbers, the Noxians managed to secure a goat path down into the not long before the Demacias could organize. It is here that Caleb has appeared, just in time to see hundreds of Noxians attempting to overwhelm the few dozen Demacian defenders left. Ignoring Levia's nagging about him being reckless, the Hooded approaches the Demacians to ask about Quinn's location. He is interrupted however by a Noxian swordsman trying to decapitate him. Coming to the conclusion that Quinn could be in danger, Caleb decides to join the Demacians in their defense. Putting on his gauntlets, the Hooded catches his Noxian assailant's sword before breaking it and caving in his face with a punch. The Demacians then bear witness to a mysterious stranger charging into the Noxian horde wielding a weapon with teeth. Seeing the blows of the invaders simply pass through this strange ally, the soldiers realize now is the best time for a counter attack and follow Caleb's lead. Fifteen minutes later the Demacians and the Hooded have managed to push the Noxians back to the goat path. On this walkway leading up the side of a cliff, the Perfect Host takes the lead and starts to force the Noxian shield wall back. Despite pushing some of the invaders into the river running alongside them, Caleb finds himself being stalled by the growing pile of corpses. Not wanting to give the Noxians any leeway, the Hooded dons his Dark Armor and starts to literally push the enemy ahead. Dozens are caught into a pile of broken bodies before suffering the same fate as they are shoved up the small path. Eventually with his enhanced strength, Caleb manages to literally and figuratively push the Noxians out of the canyon. Prepared for the chance that the Demacians breached their left flank, the invaders begin opening fire with crossbows at whatever leaves that valley. Catching a bolt in his hands, the armor enhanced man lets out a feral roar at the attackers before charging them. Getting close enough to use his Coercion lines, Caleb slams into the Noxian lines with Betwixt Blade in hand. Dispelling his armor to conserve energy, the Coalitionist eventually begins to break the enemy formation from within. On the main force of Demacians side, Cithria has just arrived with reinforcements and seeing the gap being made orders a charge. Back with the Demacians that were with Caleb, the Demacian Rangers arrive to help as well and rush from the valley.

"Recht! Links! Recht! Links! Recht! Links! Recht! Links! Recht! Links! Come on, show me what you got!" The Hooded shouts at the Noxians he is routing while swinging his blade wildly. With the cavalry arriving, Caleb stops when he senses a demonic presence from the nearby forest and pursues it.

CRSN

With the battle coming to an end, both of Demacia's lowborn commanders meet each other. Wanting to investigate the mysterious figure, Quinn asks Cithria if she can finish up the Noxian forces. Agreeing with the ranger's suggestion, the Dauntless Vanguard warrior rallys their troops to her to chase the remaining invaders. tells Cithria that she is going to track down the mysterious figure who helped them. Seeing silverwing riders appearing overhead, Demacia's Wings enter the woods to begin their search. Heading deeper into the forest, the duo soon starts to hear the sounds of explosions and crashes as the area fills with pink mist.

CRSN

Several minutes earlier after leaving the battle, Caleb and Levia are approaching the dark aura when a pink mist starts to roll in. Before it reaches them though, the Hooded lowers his mental defenses so the Lust Dust can show him something. Levia and the Hood then help snap their host out of his brief stupor; while they can't figure out what Caleb saw, they do note it leaves him with a goofy smile. Moving on from his surprise birthday present, the Hooded walks further into the mist. As he enters an especially thick part of the mist, a dark tendril stabs through his chest. When the shadowy figure tries to then tear out his heart however they instead pull back nothing. Instead they almost receive a backhand but are able to dodge Caleb's attack before being pushed back by an explosion of Pumpkin Energy. This shade then reveals itself as scantily clad, buxom, blue skinned woman with amber eyes and dark tendrils.

"Thanks for the birthday present Evelynn. Now would you care to explain what a "lovely" lady such as yourself is doing here?" Caleb demands of the demoness before manifesting the Betwixt Blade. Watching the demon closely, the Hooded makes sure to keep his blade between himself and the now giggling creature.

"My, you're a strong one aren't you? Okay big boy because you resisted my Allure I suppose you've earned a reward. You see I've been feeling a bit hungry and lonely lately, so I helped to instigate that little battle over there. Some fast food every now and then isn't too bad but it's no Rune War obviously. Hey, I've got an idea. How about you put away that nasty looking sword and I give you some, personal, attention." The seductive creature says before blowing a kiss at the Hooded. With the heart shaped Lust Dust flying towards him, Caleb politely declines her via cutting it apart midair.

"As lovely as that sounds, and you do look good as far as ancient demons who feed off of suffering, agony, and frustration go, I think I'll pass. I've got specific taste and sadistic bitches aren't really my type. Plus we Hooded don't exactly like being dominated and prefer to be on top anyways. Now feel free to put some clothes on and get the hell out of here; otherwise the only thing about to be penetrating anyone is you with Betwixt." Caleb demands before swapping to the Betwixt Crossbows. Giving an exaggerated sigh, Evelynn starts to strut away before turning around to face him.

"If you like it rough then I can more than provide. Also just so you know, the last person who asked me to put some clothes on I tore off his skin and wore it." The Widowmaker informs the Hooded before having her body once again enveloped by shadows. "Now come on sugar."

Evelynn then starts to laugh maniacally while flooding the area with even more of her Lust Dust. With their vision obscured, Caleb and Levia are forced to keep their eyes extra open to avoid the demon's hit and run tactics. Knowing how she operates however, the pair start to look for the spot with the most Allure coming from it. Seeing that the cloud is thickest coming from his right, the Hooded is ready to evade a Hate Spike dart before answering back with bolt fire. Caleb is then forced to start rapidly back pedaling as the ground starts to erupt with more Hate Spikes. Losing track of Evelynn's location amidst the mist, the Coalitionist is then struck in the back with an Empowered Whiplash. Quickly tackling her prey to the ground, the demoness starts to draw her claws down Caleb's back. Needing to get her off him, the Hooded fires a Coercion line into her face before connecting it to a nearby tree. With the tether slamming Evelynn into the large oak, Caleb quickly follows her by releasing the line and repeatedly smashing her head into the tree himself. Flailing her lashers wildly to force the Hooded off her, the demon hisses at him before starting to rapidly claw it's way up the massive oak. Not wanting her to get out of sight so easily, the Hooded starts to climb as well but whenever he mounts a branch it is quickly destroyed with a lasher or Hate Spikes. Nearing the top of the tree, this tactic eventually works and Caleb is sent plummeting down. Not wanting to fall more than a hundred feet however, the twin quickly latches a Coercion line onto Evelynn and forces her to support both of them. Now in a controlled fall, Caleb safely reaches the ground and proceeds to use his Betwixt Chainsaw to cut down the tree he was on. As the oak is sent crashing down, Evelynn leaps onto another tree but is quickly ripped to the ground via the Coercion line still attached to her. Slamming the demon in front of him, Caleb then picks her up by her throat and starts to pummel her stomach. Needing to escape the Hooded's grasp, Evelynn uses her Last Caress and not only breaks free but also manages to cut Caleb across the stomach. Wildly shooting at the now camouflaged creature, the Hooded quickly binds his stomach with Coercion lines to keep his entrails inside. With Lust Dust now flooding the air so much he can barely see his own hands, Caleb is then hit in the shoulder with a Hate Spike and forced to take a knee. As the Hate Spikes start to emerge from the ground towards him though, the Perfect Host retaliates with a Pumpkin Slash towards their source. Crushing Evelynn under the blade of energy, Caleb uses a Coercion line to pull himself closer to her. Trying to catch him off guard with another Last Caress, the Agony's Embrace is surprised when he simply Spectral Dashes through it. Deciding to not keep her distance this time, the demoness pounces at the Hooded and barely misses him. She then tries to impale him on her lashers but instead has them bound together with a new Coercion line. Fusing them into a single tail-like extension, the demon surprises Caleb when she starts to swing the new appendage like a hammer. Dodging the empowered strikes as they tear holes in the surrounding ground and trees, the Hooded dons his Betwixt Gauntlets and manages to catch one of Evelynn's attacks. Yanking her towards him, the demon tries to swipe his head off with her claws before he tries to take her head off with an uppercut. Forced to bend back awkwardly to avoid her club tail, Caleb is then kicked in the stomach and sent onto his back. When Evelynn tries to jump onto him though, the Hooded manifests his Betwixt Crossbows and shoots her point black with an empowered blast. Both foes then quickly scramble onto their feet but Caleb is slightly faster and delivers a devastating punch to Evelynn's head. Grinding his fist into her temple, and shouting "Begone THOT!", the Hooded sends her flying and then sliding across the ground. Tired of this fight, the shade's body twists and begins to spider walk away; but not before stopping to hiss at the Hooded.

"Yeah, that's right, get out of here! Demonic plastic bitch. Ouch. I think I'm gonna wanna sleep for a week after today." Caleb whines before tentatively touching his stomach wound. Despite being covered in cuts all over his body, the Hooded starts to use multiple Coercion lines as makeshift bandages for his bloody wounds.

Realizing that it is probably getting late back at the manor, Caleb spits some bloody phlegm and gets ready to teleport. His channel is interrupted however when a crossbow bolt lands near his feet and Quinn emerges. As Valor leaves her shoulder to start circling the area, Caleb's first instinct is to run before he remembers why he even came to Demacia in the first place. Taking a deep breath, the Perfect Host then takes a seat on one of the many newly made logs around them.

"I caught the end of that fight. Would you care to explain why you'd let that demon escape? Seems like you could've tried to finish it off if you really tried." Quinn inquires the stranger after leveling her crossbow at him. Hearing of what he did back on the battlefield, and after witnessing his battle with the demon, the ranger tries to shoot him with a bolt after he raises his hands to remove his hood; only for the bolt to fly through him.

"Good on you for taking the shot Quinny. Always act decisively was rule number four of survival wasn't it?" Caleb remarks as he starts to take off his goggles and feels his glamor coming off. He is then treated to the view of Quinn's amber eyes starting to tear up at the sight of their matching pair and her aim falters.

"Come out demon! I know this can't be real and that I've breathed in too much of that mist! No wait, a Noxian must have hit me on the head and I'm unconscious. Or a yordle or mage must be pulling some kind of fucked up joke on my birthday. There's just no way you can be him though!" The ranger knight tells herself as she sees someone who looks like a grown Caleb. Valor, seeing his friend in distress, tries to come down and comfort her but is pushed away when she lunges at the imposter.

"I don't know what to tell you Quinn but I would've come sooner if I didn't forget who I was. I didn't mean to forget my past but I did and I am sorry for that." Caleb confesses while dodging Quinn's point blank shots and swift kicks. Catching one of her feet, he is quickly kicked off the log they're on when she Vaults away.

"I saw you die! We buried you! You can't be him." Quinn wails before unloading more bolts at Caleb. Not wanting to have either of them get hurt, the Hooded shoots down his twin's bolts with his own.

"I did die! But my mentor, Nita, brought me back from the brink. I owe it to her and you to see this through." Caleb counters before pulling Quinn to him with his last available Coercion line. All he can think of to do then is to hug his sister for the first time in years and wait until she exhaust herself out from hitting him.

"If you're really him then we need to go home now. We need to do it together this time." Quinn is barely able to blubber out between her sniffles. Eventually she stops futilely hitting her twin and gives into his embrace.

"Someday we will Quinn but unfortunately it's not today. I'll explain it to you later but know that until I've made this world safe for everyone I love I can't. But I will go back home with you one day, but for today please come and see my new home; the one I became a part of while I was away." Caleb asks Quinn while he wipes away her tears. From there the twins and Valor quickly teleport around Runeterra to gather Riven, Neeko, and his other loved ones for their party.

CRSN

Arriving back at the back, Caleb and his group teleport in time to see Aki and Cathy arrive with a massive cake and a more personal ice cream one. Just like the Hooded though they are roughed up with Cathy covered in bits of glass and Aki with several bruises.

"Can someone get San?! We could use her healing expertise, so what the Hell happened to you two?" Caleb asks before needing to take a seat on account of his stomach. Not wanting to explain, the two Sleipnirs play a quickly play a game of rock, paper, scissors before Cathy loses on purpose.

"We got into a car chase after some gangsters tried to kidnap Aki and steal his organs. They couldn't even be bothered to give us directions to that shop you wanted us to go to. What happened on your end sir?" The android asks in return while cleaning herself up. Helping the Hooded to a nearby couch, Cathy and everyone else listens about his battle with Evelynn.

Not wanting to spoil the mood, Caleb has the manor's invisible servants bring out the party's food as San starts to heal him. Taking a moment to glance over at Quinn, he smiles as she starts to try and have a chat with a hiding "Steve" and Sona. Feeling a weight lighted off his shoulder, Caleb takes the cup of cola Metto gives him before spending the night surrounded by his friends, loved ones, and his sister.

XxxX

Spotlight Featuring:Metto/Layka

Aliases: The Wind Shepherd, Wind from the West, Mama Bear

Birthplace: Metto is from Ancient Times while Layka is from the Notai Tribe, Freljord

Weapons: Fan of Ten Thousand Feathers, Air Magic, Salt

Species: Metto is a Spirit God while Layka is Human

Occupations: Sleipnir Squad member, Skald, Mother

Appearance: Since the pair share Layka's body, they appear as a woman in her early 30s with rounded features. Her purple and tan amauti is lined around the skirt with various colorful wooden beads collected during their travels. Mid back brunette hair is often hidden inside of the fluffy hood it has. This combined with thick caribou trousers, mittens, and multilayered canvas boots means the Wind Shepherd is prepared for the cold Freljordian biome; not that they need it thanks to Metto's magic. For flight, disguise, and movement in blizzards, Layka also packs a pair of snow goggles. Their eyes can even change color depending on who is currently in control.

Eye color: Green for Metto, Blue for Layka, and heterochromia for both

Measurements: 5'6 feet/167.64 cm, 155 pounds/70.3068 kg, endomorph build

Likes: Playing the lute, Snowball fights, Flying

Dislikes: Warmothers, the Watchers, Shimmer

Quick Bio: Content inside of the Spirit Realm, Metto one day felt a disturbance from the Freljord. Seeing the success of her sister Janna, the wind spirit attempted to gain a physical form. Eventually she found Layka unconscious in a blizzard after a Frost Guard ambush. Protecting the woman from the elements, the Notai woman revealed that she was searching for her son after the attack. The pair came to an understanding and eventually a deal. In exchange for Layka acting as her host and helping the Coalition, Metto would guide her to her son and have to give consent to any missions they went on. The wind spirit would eventually come to be reunited with her friends, Layka however would need to distance herself from her son for the sake of the future. To this day whenever she can, the mother of Nunu still plays her lute for the winds to carry her songs to him.

Base stats: Health: 624-2344

Health Regen: 3.35-12.9

Mana: 376-1140

Mana Regen: 8-21.6

Armor: 26-102.6

MR: 30 – 52.9

MS: 330

AD: 57-112

Attack speed: 0.64

Bonus AS: 0-65%

Range: 575

Passive: Winds of Change- After every fourth attack or ability, Layka's next auto attack causes a small explosion of wind, the attack dealing 110% AD plus 25-125 (20% AP) bonus magic damage. This attack can critically strike and applies on-hit effects.

Q: Boreal Barrage- (11/10/9/8/7) Mana Cost:80/85/90/95/100 Range:950

Metto fires three Physical damaging streams of freezing winds in a cone before they detonate at the ends of their paths.

Enemies caught in the detonations are knocked into the air for (1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5s) while enemies hit by the missiles themselves take bonus Magic Damage instead.

Physical Damage (50/80/110/140/170 plus 75% bonus AD)

Magic damage (30/45/60/75/ 90 plus 35% bonus AD)

W: Notus-nado- (14/13/12/11/10) Mana Cost:60/65/70/75/80 Range: 1200 Effective radius: 250

Metto commands a firestorm to appear and batter everything in an area over 2 seconds, dealing Magic damage. It can also be commanded to follow a nearby enemy champion and leaves a trail behind it.

Layka and allies that are in the storm or on the trail receive a movement speed buff of (30/35/40/45/50%) that decays over 1.5 upon leaving.

Minimum damage (40/62.5/85/107.5/130 plus 25% Bonus AD)

Maximum damage (80 /125 /170/215/260 plus 50% Bonus AD)

E: So Salty- 6 at all ranks Mana Cost:60/65/70/75/80 Range:825

Layka throws out a fist full of magical salts that blinds the first enemy hit for 2 seconds.

Additionally, for the next 3 seconds they will be marked for exorcism and take bonus Magic damage over a course of 3 seconds when Metto autos them. This damage can splash via Winds of Change and refreshes the ticks when the target is hit after the first time.

Tick damage- (23.3/36.6/50/63.3/76.6 plus 21.6% Bonus AD and 16.6% AP)

Total Damage-(70 /110/150/190/230 plus 65% bonus AD and 50% AP)

Ultimate: Spirit of Zephyr- (120/110/100) Mana Cost: 100 Range:Self/825

Becoming one of mind and soul, The Wind Shepherd temporarily increases her Attack Damage and Attack Speed for 6 seconds. She also gains Tenacity equal to her critical chance modifier and all nearby allies gain half of these bonuses.

Bonus AD (10/15/20 plus 25% Total AD)

Bonus Attack Speed- 20/25/30%

XxxX

Spotlight Featuring: Aki Genbu

Aliases: The Shadow Wyrm, Youngster, Shadow of the Dragon

Birthplace: Thanze, Ionia

Weapons: Martial Arts, Shadow magic, Shadow Dragon

Species: Human (Magically Altered)

Occupations: Sleipnir Squadmate, Poet, Vigilante, Former Shadow Ninja

Appearance: Despite being the youngest of the Coalition champions, Aki is also the most physically scarred among the humans. The most prominent of these include his left ear being mauled and his right cheek's scarring. His panoply of war mixes both Ionia styles with Coalition ones. Wearing a black turtleneck with matching fatigues, Aki is protected by a steel cuirass, pauldrons, vambraces, and grieves marked by shadow magic. Most comfortable wearing jika-tabis, Aki caps off the outfit with a red jinbaori that has his shadow dragon on the back. While on missions requiring stealth, he can be found wearing a mengu.

Eye color: Hazel

Measurements: 5'6 feet/167.64 cm, 128 pounds/58.0598 kg at 13, mesomorphic build

6'0 feet/182.88 cm, 148 pounds/67.1317 kg at 18, mesomorphic build

Likes: Sunrises and sunsets, Udon, Poetry

Dislikes: Loud noises, Needlessly obedient people, His many scars

Quick Bio: Born to a poor family, Aki's parents hoped that the land would gift their son with talents. When they took him before an elder to learn his potential talents, the boy was turned away from the temple and told to not return. While most of the various Dragon wielders were welcomed with open arms, Aki's was not for her was the Shadow of the Dragon; someone who could only bring darkness. This rejection did not break the boy as he heard from the shadows that his parents would still love him. Unfortunately the Noxian Invasion left him without a home and with the first of many scars on his body. Eventually his previous incarnation's memories returned to Aki in his darkest hour and prevented him from repeating his worst mistakes. At the age of 13 after fighting off his fellow Shadow Order members and proving his resolve, Zed released the boy. In the time since then, Aki has been training his abilities himself and gained a new purpose in life. To help protect Ionia from threats from the outside while the Orders do so from within.

Base stats: Health: 630-2682

Health Regen: 8-21.6

Mana: 460-1120

Mana Regen: 8.5-19

Armor: 32-105.6

MR: 32 – 67.65

MS: 340

AD: 58-117

Attack speed: 0.625

Bonus AS: 0-38%

Range: 125

Passive: Wurm Style- Aki's defensive style and shadow magic causes any enemies hit by his abilities to deal 15% less damage for 2.5 seconds.

Q: Dark Repulser- (7/6/5/4/3) Mana Cost:40/45/50/55/60 Effective Radius: 425

Releases a pulse of shadow magic and deals Magic Damage in an area around himself. (70/115/160/205/250 plus 55% AP)

W: Shadow Fireball- (16/15/14/13/12) Mana Cost:70 Range:1100

Aki launches a ball of shadowflame in a target direction and does Magic Damage. Enemies caught at the start of the projectile's path are knocked back to the edge of it's range. (75/125/175/225/275 plus 60% AP)

E: Sciophobia- (15/14/13/12/11) Mana cost:50/55/60/65/70 Range:1000

Sending out his influence over shadows in a direction, Aki calls upon the shadow of the first enemy champion to grab onto them. This creates a tether before Aki and the target for 3 seconds which deals Magic damage over time, grants True Sight, and Grounds them for duration.

(Tick damage 30/40/50/60/70 plus 5% Bonus Health and 25% AP)

(Total damage 90/120/150/180/210 plus 15% Bonus Health and 50% AP)

If the target attempts to break the tether they are instead pulled into Aki and are taunted for (1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2). While casting this ability, should an enemy champion be in Stealth or leave vision this ability will curve to seek them out instead of going straight to the end of it's range.

Ultimate: Shadow Dragon Rising!- (140/120/100) Mana cost:100 Range:Self/3500

Aki unleashes the Shadow Dragon within and gains a shield for 4 seconds. If the shield wears out or Aki reactivates his Ultimate early then he becomes briefly untargetable before reemerging underneath the enemy champion that dealt the most damage to him during this time; this knocks them up and deals Magic damage.

(Shield 150/300/450 plus 80% AP and 20% Max Health)

(Damage 100/275/450 plus 20% AP and 80% Bonus Health)

Aki can cast other spells during the knock up animation which slightly extends it and also applies a unique stack of Wurm style on the target.

"Catch this! Shadow Dragon!"- Aki

XxxX

Spotlight featuring: D. A. H. N.

Aliases: The Bio Behemoth, The Twisted Amalgamation, Rabid Dog

Birthplace: Zaun

Weapons: Claws, bone spears, tendrils

Species: Human (Bioengineered monstrosity)

Occupations: Sleipnir Squad Member, Former Bio Engineer and Alchemist, Meat Enthusiast

Appearance: In human form, DAHN appears as a pale man in their late 30s to early 40s with messy rich, brown hair. Visible rings of muscle and scar tissue are located on their right shoulder and upper thighs; they often prefer to leave their right arm completely uncovered. Found wearing white turtleneck, green jacket vest, and navy cargo pants; the lack of armor and casualness is allowed due to DAHN's regeneration as well as transformation abilities. Right arm when in combat will turn muscular, gain metallic claws, can extend fingers, temporarily enlarge their fist, and sprout an eyeball on the back of their hand; legs will also transform to be muscular as well and DAHN's feet will become dinosaur-like. Sometimes likes to have a beard; also can be found wearing a lab coat sometimes to reminisce about old times.

Monster form appears as a large muscle, bone, and metallic covered creature that freely transitions between bipedal and quadrupedal. Often grows an additional set of arms to act as shields via hardened bone and organic metals. Back can be seen with a vast amount of bone spears acting as quills as well as curved spines. The face's eyes are flanked by bone plates that are able to be moved to cover them; this is to either shield the eyes from damage or to increase terror factor. Has on occasion spawned various mutations from devouring certain creatures such as a tail to assist in swimming or maneuverability.

Eye color: Brown in human form, Pure White in monster form.

Measurements: 5'9 feet/175.2599~ cm, 146 pounds/66.2245 kg in Human Form with a mesomorph build

Size varies and weight depends on biomass consumed with a minimum 10'9 feet/327.66 cm, 2108 pounds/956.1727 kg in Final Mutated State.

Likes: Cooking, Eating, Scrap Booking

Dislikes: Incorporeal enemies, Hunger, Allies taking hits for them

Quick Bio: Firstly a family man and secondly a talented scientist, Danilo was on his way towards creating his magnum opus. Finding a way to create symbiotic slug-like creatures that could assist in muscle development, metabolism manipulation, and more, he hoped his creations could one day save lives and give his family a better one. These dreams were shattered as visions of his family's future flooded his mind and showed their untimely demise. Taking action, the scientist took his wife and two children's memories unto himself via his creations. Becoming DAHN, they then stalked their would be killers until eventually someone with a grudge against the Numerals as well destroyed the group. With nowhere left to go, the monster joined a new family; the Coalition.

Base stats: Health: 650-2555

Health Regen: 7.5-22

Energy: 300

Energy Regen: 10 per second

Armor: 32.5-120

MR: 32 – 66.85

MS: 340

AD: 61-120

Attack speed: 0.654

Bonus AS: 0-34%

Range: 150

Passive: Pure Protein Diet- Killing monsters, minions, and champions grants DAHN Mutation points. After gaining 1000 they can be used to mutate abilities.

1 per Minion or Small/Medium Monster

4 per Large Monster

25 per Champion Takedown or Epic Monster kill

Every time Dahn mutates they gain a 6% size increase and once fully mutated gains 15% bonus Self Healing.

Q: Crush them!- (11/9.5/8/6.5/5) Cost:70/65/60/55/50 Energy Range: 250-750/Half this amount behind DAHN

DAHN transforms their right arm into a hardened fist and pulls it back to wind up. The power and range of this ability increases with charge time over 1.5 seconds. It can be released at any time during the charge to deal Physical damage to all enemies hit along the way.

Minimum Damage (45/65/85/105/125 plus 65% AD)

Maximum Damage (90/130/170/210/250 plus 130% AD)

Mutation- Concussive Empowerment: Enemies hit are forced to the edge of DAHN's punch and slowed by 15%. Dahn also grows an additional arm on the left side of their body which copies this ability on that side of them; enemies can't be damaged or slowed again if hit by both.

W: Swap meat- (15/14/13/12/11) Cost:100 Energy Range:1100

DAHN launches out a tendril in a target direction, dealing Physical damage and swapping DAHN's positions with the first target hit.

(90/130/170/200/230 plus 50% AD)

Mutation- Spinal Prehensile Tendrils: DAHN grows additional tendrils on their back which additionally disarms the target hit for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.

E: Blade Shield- (20/18/16/14/12) Cost: 80 Energy Range: Self/350

Dahn plants themself in a location and begins blocking all non-turret autos against them for 3 seconds. Their wildly flailing tendrils, lashes, and fingers will also inflict Magic Damage to enemies around them every second while in this stance. This ability can be canceled early after 1 second.

Minimum damage (40/65/90/115/140 plus 40% AD)

Maximum damage (120/195/270/345/420 plus 120% AD)

Mutation-Dermic Hardening: DAHN's hide thickens with bio metal and bones which grants bonus Armor, Magic Resistance, and 20% movement speed for 1 second upon ending the channel.

(10/15/20/25/30 Armor and MR)

Ultimate: Implosive Rage- (140/125/110) Cost: None Effective Radius:600

DAHN erupts outwards into a mass of tendrils and bone spears to deal Magic damage and slows enemies by 25%.

(250/350/450 plus 45% AD and 10% Bonus Health)

Mutation-Voracious Biology: Gaining barbs and serrated edges to grip onto foes hit, enemies are now flipped onto the opposite of the ability's AOE. DAHN's metabolism also kicks into overdrive causing every bonus 150 Health to grant an additional 1 point of Energy regeneration. Can only be Mutated last.

XxxX

A/N Yep no short this time around but don't feel sad. The next chapter I do will be a bit special as it's going to completely focus on multiverse shorts. You see, I've been very patient with people participating in my little romance polls. So to finally get rid of this issue eating at the back of my mind I've decided to settle it for good. The next chapter will try to give each of the 3 girls in Caleb's life a little spotlight with him. This will determine the ship and help me write it going forward so do vote in either the strawpoll in the description or on my FanFiction one that's located in my profile. Anyways thanks again for reading up to this point and I hope you continue to do so with enjoyment.

Notes:

Yep no short this time around but don't feel sad. The next chapter I do will be a bit special as it's going to completely focus on multiverse shorts. You see I've been very patient with people participating in my little romance polls. So to finally get rid of this issue eating at the back of my mind I've decided to settle it for good. The next chapter will try to give each of the 3 girls in Caleb's life a little spotlight with him. This will determine the ship and help me writing it going forward so do vote in either the strawpoll in the description on AO3 or on my FanFiction one that's located in my profile. Anyways thanks again for reading up to this point and I hope you continue to do so with enjoyment.

Chapter 5: RElationships

Summary:

Caleb views across the multiverse to help with his love life.

Chapter Text

A/N Hello everyone, as you may or may not know I have been doing REnewal of some of my older chapters. If you’d like to see the endings to these stories then you can check them out in Constants and Variables chapter 3 as I didn’t want to spoil the next chapter. As usual I’d like to thank you all for your support and I hope to continue to earn such support. Stay hydrated out there and have a nice day.

Starring: Caleb, Levia, Head Maid Quinn, Gentlemen Caleb, Lady Sona, Masquerade Elise, Masquerade Evelynn, Aki, Cathy, Pool Party Riven, Lifeguard Sivir, Pool Party Jinx, Pool Party Vi, Pool Party Caitlyn, Pool Party Qiyana, Pool Party Neeko, Pool Party Ahri, Pool Party Cassiopeia, Pool Party Katarina, Pool Party Lulu, Xenoborne Kha’zix, CLAC Lucian, CLAC Caleb, Malza-Cathian Commander Graves and Headhunter Nidalee

Cameos and Appearances from: Pool Party Draven, Pool Party Darius, Pool Party Ashe, Pool Party Tryndamere, Pool Party Yuumi and Book, Pool Party Lux, Pool Party Garen, Rumble in the Jungle, Pool Party Galio, Pool Party Gnar, Pool Party Braum, Pool Party Crasher Sion, Pool Party Kled, Pool Party Rek’sai, and Pool Party Anivia.

XxxX

(Main)

Deep within the Hooded Manor is a special study that contains several book shelves of ancient tomes. Despite this valuable literature, easily the most important aspect of the room is the large opaque glass in the back. This onyx slab is actually a portal connected to the chamber housing the Multiversal Mirror. Wanting to be surprised by Caleb’s choice of outfit, Levia has spent the last half hour searching for hidden objects in the various books. Finding a switchblade in one of Nita’s diaries, the serpent notices Caleb emerging and all of her high expectations are shattered. Emerging in a hot pink maid outfit with an open back and miniskirt, the Hooded adjusts his white long gloves and stockings before checking the matching ribbons covering his outfit. Once he is done fixing his hair buns, Caleb summons the Betwixt Saw and Levia instantly puts herself inside of the alternate weapon.

“So what do ya think? I’ve heard that dresses and skirts weirdly bring out my ass; not that I’ve checked or anything.” Caleb asks while staring into the guide bar and watching Levia glare back. In that moment, the serpent can barely even begin to find the words to describe how disappointed she is in the Perfect Host.

‘Okay, let me get this straight. You could’ve gone with Cero, Fallen, Revenant, or hell Courageous you! Instead you went with the skin that made you become an undead magic girl?! You don’t even like Star Guardians but out of all the infinite versions of yourself you picked Cosplay Caleb?! You fucking nerd! This is why you’re alone on Heartseeker’s day.’ Levia rants at her host and even manages to rev herself to show her frustrations. Taking the alone part personally, Caleb has the manor manifest him a beanbag chair to crash into.

“You just had to remind me of how I died before I could tell any of them how I felt in the last timeline. I’ve started to wonder if they even still feel the same as me in this one and if maybe they’ve moved on?” Caleb coldly remarks as he starts to sink even deeper into his chair and bout of depression.

“Maybe you can use the Multiversal Mirror to help cheer you up? Maybe it can even help to inspire you to come out to the girl or girls you like; or whatever you’re into I don’t care and no one with time or a life should.” Levia suggests after noticing just how depressed her host has gotten. Of course if she were to be questioned about this the serpent would merely claim that Caleb’s mental state aids in their mutual survival.

“I suppose it could work. Okay then, I will use the Mirror to peek at some other versions of myself and see how they handle their relationships with the various crushes I have. Maybe they’ve even made up their minds.” A reinvigorated Caleb says before jumping up and heading through the dark glass again. Entering into a small dark room, the Hooded looks to his left and right to see reflections of himself before they begin to multiply all around him into infinite lines of alternate Calebs.

XxxX

(Masquerade)

The first world the pair get a glimpse into is one that is shaped by Piltovian, Zaunite, and demonic influence. While most people here live in the shining cityscapes, the richest and most prosperous members of society avoid the commotions of city life out in the countryside. It is here that a hextech horse drawn carriage pulls up to the Buvelle estate to deliver a messenger to Lady Sona. Stepping out of the white and gold box is a man wearing a blue waistcoat and trousers; all of which goes well with his silver bauta mask that is decorated with small intricate pigeons. This is the courier’s soul mask and, as with every mortal in this plane, one’s soul mask showcases their life, traits, professions and is fused to their face. Approaching the manor’s main down, the messenger prepares to knock before he is greeted by Keeper Quin. Brushing some dust off her maid uniforms, fixing her black hair into a bun, and adjusting her thick glasses, Quinn receives the letter before handing the messenger his payment. Heading back inside, the head maid notices her azurite colombina mask is dirty and quickly polishes it enough to reveal a pair of copper crossbows with cracks over them. Lifting her skirt up, the servant moves towards the estate’s menagerie fast enough to make the two feathers on her mask cling to her sweaty brow. Here she finds the lady of the house, Maven of the Strings, and matriarch of the Buvelle estates, Sona, helping some of her other servants in feeding her pet scaled snapper. Noticing her main servant’s arrival, the mute woman claps her hands and dismisses her massive reptile.

MASQ

Receiving the letter from Quinn, Sona is greatly saddened to see it is a request from the king but not for entertainment; instead it is him requiring her aid in solving a crisis concerning deadly rogue automatons. Apparently the notorious Khada Jhin has managed to acquire a hidden factory to produce these lethal machines. Over the last week, these constructs have been sighted all over the world but no one has managed to find his location. With the assassin leaving a vague threat against one of the Demacian nobility, King Jarvan the Third has specifically requested for her thanks to her reputation for solving difficult cases. Despite having such a record, the young woman knows she doesn’t and can’t do such an act alone. Turning to Quinn, Sona signs for her to bring the Dark Mask to her before leaving to get properly dressed for her journey.

MASQ

A half hour passes and Sona finds herself standing in front of her mirror after finishing dressing herself. Picking a long sleeved, high neckline dark dress that ends around the ankles, Sona has also gone with a pair of brown tall boots. Adjusting her matching black shawl and bonnet, the mute answers the knocking on her room’s door and lets Quinn inside. Laying down Sona’s personal organ onto her bed, the maid turns to her mistress and holds out a small glass case. Opening the case, Quinn gently pulls out the right half of a soul mask leaking with corruption and dark whispers. Taking the fragmented mask, Sona partially overlaps her golden moretta mask circled in ivory symphonies with the demonic domino mask. All of the light in the sunlight room then flickers before a demonic creature emerges from her shadow. Shedding the darkness around it, the beast takes the form of a dapper man in a white suit and top. The demon’s right eye is covered by a matching eyepatch and the other is covered by his scratched azurite and copper mask. Summoning his Betwixt Cane and using it for elevation, Caleb then blows into Sona’s ear which causes the Maven to shudder.

“Hahaha. Thank you for summoning me once again, my lady. To what do I owe the pleasure?” The demonic servant asks with a gleam in his amber eye. Quinn is then quick to slap her brother in the back of the head which brings him back to his senses. “Pleasure seeing you as well dear sister.” He adds while fixing his hat before summoning a breeze to ruffle Quinn’s and ruin her bun.

‘You two are ridiculous. Now then Caleb, I need you to take me to the daemon world. A killer has obtained a factory of automatons and we’ve been sought out to find it. Together I am confident we can find success as usual.’ Sona telepathically tells Caleb with a smile that is so genuine it makes his demonic nature sick. Leaving Quinn in charge of the estate in her absence, the alternate Maven of Strings takes her place next to her partner before he stabs his cane into the ground and a portal of shadows swallows them both.

MASQ

The well dressed duo end up warping to one of the many dingy alleyways within the spirit realm. Being a reflection of the material realm, the spirit realm has long since fallen to demonic influence and twisted into a massive industrial cityscape. Smog and fog blend in these streets as imposing buildings stretch to impossible heights all around before colliding above. Despite lacking rain the cobblestone and brick paths are constantly soaked and pipes spreading all around cast shadows that give a constant aura of surveillance. If the mortal plane could be comparable to Piltover then this place is closer to Zaun; it is also just the place to learn about Jhin.

As Caleb and Sona begin looking for leads, she still can’t help but wonder how Caleb can even stand living here. She does know however that each visit to this accursed realm reminds her to be grateful for the twin sacrificing himself to a demon lord to save Lestara. Though she can’t help but wonder if the rat kings fighting each other, the acid leaking pipes, the imps gambling soul mask, or the various other horrors and debauchery surrounding them ever gets to the twin. Passing the upteenth husk of a mortal who lost their soul mask, becoming one of the Faceless, she can’t help but feel her own mask for security. Sensing his lady’s distress, Caleb pulls off his cape and puts it on her for comfort. Giving her a smile, he loops his arm around hers and they continue their investigation. Finding no leads in Demacia’s domain, they decide to go to Ionia and make their way towards one of the Bandle powered train stations.

MASQ

Taking their seats on the Ionian Express, Sona can’t help but feel something is wrong. Looking over the other passengers, she can’t help but notice their eerily exact movements, mechanical even. Caleb, who can see out of her half of his mask, also notices what’s exactly wrong at the same time as her and summons his cane. Reacting quickly, the muse is already using her organ to weave a shield as the first clockwork killer raises a gun at the duo. These automatons of Jhin’s make resemble a massive faceless puppet made of woven metal and bronze spirals. Each has four lanky arms ending in a pair of revolvers and blades, a torso that is home to a hextech core with a lotus bomb on the front, and an opaque orb acting as a brain. As the twitching assailant fires it’s first shots, Sona’s devil has already Spectral Dashed and stabbed it in the head with his cane. While it crumples to the ground, dozens of other automatons across the thirteen carts rise up with guns ablazing and blades swinging. Unable to help the other passengers, the two survivors of cart nine make their way to the roof. Caleb then picks up Sona and starts to run towards the front of the train. Along the way they also make sure to cut off the carts they cross with sound waves and eldritch blast. Managing to make it to cart four, the pair soon become confronted by the remaining constructs once they are done massacring the other passengers. As dozens of guns open fire on the pair from below, Sona reacts quickly by making another bubble to protect them but finds it quickly losing strength. Not letting up their fire, the remaining dozen machines emerge from their carts and like spiders climb on top of the train as well. Several of the lethal automatons charge at the pair but are quickly smashed apart by Caleb’s cane. Backing off, the automatons start to reload when Sona notices the upcoming station has a bridge over the tracks. She then tugs on her servant’s leg and he understands what she wants from him. The demon lord quickly turns them both Spectral before Sona unleashes a mighty Crescendo that lifts up the assassins. Forced into the air and stunned, the robots are helpless to save themselves as the train pulls into the station. Hearing the crashing of metal, the demacians emerge safely from the blood soaked cart and notice other immaterial entities leaping onto the tracks. Instead of running from the wreckage or investigating it, Sona watches as the various demons begin to harvest fragments of soul masks from the scrap. Seeing her disappointment, Caleb quickly wipes any blood from his lady’s form before guiding her out of the Ionian station.

MASQ

Arriving outside, the two find a figure waiting for them by a carriage and they immediately draw their weapons. Taking note of the stranger, they notice her dark amber eyes are obscured by a mask made of granite and steel shards in the shape of a half skull. A tight dark gray coat over a red shirt is wrapped around her body and a large collapsible blade is on her waist.

“I take it you two are the emissaries from Demacia looking for Khada Jhin? My name is Riven Konte and I’m a spirit under employment here in Ionia. We received a message that you two would arrive and my employers sent me to assist you.” The warrior spirit informs the travelers before entering the carriage. Seeing a potential partnership, Caleb assists Sona into the carriage before entering himself as the clockwork horses start to move.

“If you don’t mind madame Riven, I will act as translator for my lady Sona. You may not be aware of this but she is mute and can not communicate as easily as we’d wish.” Caleb tries to tell Riven before she signs her understanding. Part of why the Council of Ionian Enterprises sent Miss Shonte was due to her knowing sign language.

(So lady Riven, are you able to tell us something of value in regards to our investigations? We have already looked everywhere in Demacia but no one was able to tell us anything.) Sona asks the Ionian enforcer before feeling a pinging in her mind. Caleb is sending her a telepathic message asking if they should just use telepathy with the skull-faced woman; Sona replies to hold off on it.

(We have been able to find out a place he frequents here in the spirit realm. It is an exotic “entertainment” building named the Widow’s Web. From what we’ve gathered, he often requests a demon named Evelynn but this is all we know so far. As I’m sure you two can understand, the good people of Ionia would love nothing more than to see Jhin stopped. He is seen as a threat by most here and is wanted for a plethora of crimes. The most recent of which may include child abduction.) Riven grimly informs the pair of the last part. When pressed about it, Riven tells them that recently children across Ionia have gone missing and it coincides with Jhin attacks.

MASQ

As the carriage pulls up outside of the Widow’s Web, Sona’s mind is already racing toward one dark conclusion. While Riven leaves them to try gathering more information, Sona and Caleb enter the den of debauchery but not before Caleb gives her a business card with a rune on it.

The three story building they enter is divided into a different section for each floor. The base floor is mostly a lounge decorated in plenty of plush furniture, where patrons wait to be served drinks and their turn. It’s upper floors are separated via several elevators with the top floor being where the more exotic girls' rooms are. Red lights envelop the interior of the building with a soft pink glow as men and women perform stripteases on stages. The reasoning behind the building’s name soon becomes clear when a foot tall spiderling approaches the two investigators with a tray on it’s back.

“If you’d like to get something out of your system while we’re here my lady then I suggest taking the arachnid’s offer. You see that drink is a special potion that allows one to alter their soul mask for animity.” Caleb explains about the purple brew before they head to the reception desk by the elevators. Curious about how such beverages are made, they ask about it to the madame, Elise, who is currently working the desk.

“Evening lady and gentleman. I can’t tell you much myself since my friend Eve is the one who makes the concoction. If you’d like I can try to book you a quick opening but you’ll need to wait about half an hour as she is currently with a client.” The pale woman informs the pair before a man’s screaming is heard from the speaking tube leading to the succubus’ room. Not wanting to risk losing their only lead, the Demacians quickly make their way up on one of the webbed lifts but not before Elise warns them that Evelynn might just be extra “feisty” now.

Bursting into the expensively decorated room, the pair find Evelynn is dropping an assassin who was impaled from behind on her lashers. All they can gather from his body is that he had taken an animity potion to turn his mask into a plain white volto mask. Stepping over the fallen man’s bloody body and tricone, Eve casually approaches her two newest visitors. When the demoness has her lashers try to touch Sona’s mask, Caleb smacks them away with his cane. Upset at being denied, Evelynn starts to flail her lashers to get past Caleb who keeps blocking them. Tired of the demon’s interference, the Widow Maker tries to use her Lust Dust on the two only for that to fail as well.

“Well, that hasn’t happened before. So what do you two sticks in the mud want?” Evelynn asks before going back to lounging on the bed. Pushing the still bleeding corpse under the bed, Caleb then materializes a chair for Sona to sit in next to Eve.

“My lady would like to ask you some questions about your recent dealings with Mr. Khada Jhin. We have good reason to believe you have been aiding him in his recent activities. If you would be so kind as to point us in the right direction, we would be grateful.” Caleb both requests and demands of the demoness. After doing some gratuitous and sensually stretching, Evelynn crawls over to where Sona is sitting. Caleb starts to bare his teeth and flare up as Eve then takes a seat in Sona’s lap. When the demoness starts to get touchy with Sona’s mask, dark ooze begins to pool at Caleb’s feet.

“I’ll tell you what you want to know, if she gak!!!” Evelynn can’t even finish her request before she is lifted by a transformed Caleb. His previously white outfit has now turned into shadows and flames he begins choking the succubus. Using only one hand, he then slams Eve into the nearby wall and smashes her head against a wall lamp.

“She doesn’t have to do shit for you whore! Now stop fucking around before I tear you apart!” Dark Caleb roars at Evelynn before skeletal wings erupt from his back. Evelynn is unable to respond though as she’s become paralyzed by fear at the sight of the demon lord before her. She would have even passed out soon if not for Sona getting behind the balrog of a man and hugging him.

‘Caleb! Come back to me. You are not like this. Calm down my shadow and let the harlot speak.’ Sona telepathically pleads with Caleb. Seeing what he currently is through her sad eyes, Caleb calms down and reverts to his normally gentlemanly self.

“I’m so sorry my lady. It’s just everything this woman does makes my skin crawl. Do forgive me for my outburst Miss Evelynn but we are in a hurry.” Caleb tells the Widow Maker while dusting himself off. She eventually recovers with some help from Sona’s music and gets back up with some help from the visitors.

“Ouch, I’m normally the one doing the choking around here. I suppose it also really should’ve realized why my dust didn’t work earlier. Anyways since you let me keep breathing and Jhin was willing to send a friend of his to try killing me, I’ll talk.” With that Evelynn starts to tell Sona and Caleb what she knows. Jhin had recently made contact with the succubus and started to receive large quantities of her animity potions so he could travel with ease. He also requested some of her Allure so it could be used as a sedative; at the time Evelynn didn’t care what or why he used it for since she was being paid. Recently though some people had started to ask around for the deranged artist and Eve started to grow nervous. She soon started to question what exactly the killer was doing and in response Jhin sent an assassin after her. Having all that they need for now, Sona and Caleb depart but not before Evelyn teaches them the runes needed to reach the factory.

MASQ

While the pair are arriving at the factory hidden in the Ionia mountains, Jhin has sent an unwelcome surprise to the Buvelle manor. In retaliation for trying to stop him, Khada has sent over sixty of his automatons to destroy the mansion. As they start to shudder and creep across the front courtyard, three are quickly taken down with head shots. On the roof of the manor, dozens of single shot rifles and crossbows can be seen lining the rooftop walkways. A blur then moves between the various firearms, taking down five more of the automatons before they can blindly return fire. Standing on top of the central spire as the machines miss her is Quinn; wielding a rifle and crossbow in each hand and without her glasses. A brass eagle then lands on her shoulder with a letter tied to it’s leg. She reads it and it says that Caleb’s Order will be arriving soon to help. Quinny can’t help but chuckle a bit at this, after all she’s fairly certain that she can clean up this mess before they can arrive.

XxxX

(Main)

Back at Caleb’s manor, Caleb is wearing a blue gambeson with plate armor on his limbs and torso. He is also taking his golden glowing Betwixt Sword and using it to spread mustard on his turkey sandwich. Not long afterwards he gets a call from the Sleipnir Squad in Zaun and answers it.

“Heyo! What’s up you guys? You get revenge for that time Hoss’ boys tried to harvest Aki’s organs?” Caleb asks while hearing massive amounts of screaming and gunfire. Aki himself can soon be heard grumbling on the other end after DAHN shouts at him to hurry up since the rest were busy.

“Hey boss, could you do me a favor? You see the others are being massive assholes! Saying shit about how I’m too young to be killing people so they won’t let me.” Aki requests of the Hooded before Cathy can be heard laughing and countering with “Don't let him since he’s still a teen.”

“Aki please listen to your elders because they care about your well being. After all, killing a man is a big responsibility and burden to bear.” Caleb responds back with as much trolling, yet good willed, energy as possible. “Are you high right now?! I’ve been in the Ionian war and…” Is all Aki can rant about before Caleb hangs up on him.

‘You know he might come back and kick you in the face. Seriously, why the hell is Aki so tense? Maybe he should go on vacation or through a pool party, better yet get him a Pool Party outfit.’ Levia suggests which gets Caleb thinking a bit. “I guess we could look there next.”

XxxX

(Pool Party)

Due to someone saying his name elsewhere, Aki sneezes a bit before going back to sunbathing with his drink. He got said drink earlier from the Graggy Cabana, which is currently suffering some issues due to Gragas starting to sober up. Apparently someone managed to steal his keg of infinite Graggy Ice while he slept. Because of this he is no longer at worst an angry drunk and is instead just angry. To remedy the situation so the fat man can get back to making drinks, Riven and Caleb have volunteered to try and find the keg. It doesn’t take long after that for them to find it though, seeing as it’s being offered as a prize for today’s competition. Realizing they are going to have to swap from their street clothes, the two go to change at a booth.

“Hey Riv, I don’t mind helping people and hanging out with you in the process buuut I was kind of planning on going snorkeling later with Nidalee. So maybe we could just ask the winners to hand it over?” Caleb asks while adjusting his wetsuit and shades. The purplette has decided to wear it underneath a pair of black trunks and a purple and white Hawaiian shirt.

“Come on Caleb, it’ll be over quickly before you go diving later. Besides, it'll be fun right?” Riven adds while trying to convince Caleb to help her. She then comes out wearing a creme bandeau two piece swimsuit and an emerald sarong around her waist. With both of them properly dressed for the beach and pool, they pick up their respective “weapons”. For Riven she has gone with a massive chilled watermelon sword that is filled with ice cream and regenerates to sate her sweet tooth. Caleb meanwhile has brought with him his weird transforming parasol with a slitted eye on top. It’s capable of giving him water guns, pool noodles, webbed gloves, or can just be used to smack people.

POOL

Ready for combat and a day of beach fun, the two head towards the beach where the Shurimans are organizing the day’s events. They then approach Lifeguard Sivir who is currently sitting on her tower taking names of the pairs present that wish to compete. She quickly stops for a second though in order to throw out her lifebuoy to Amumu who started to sink a little. Picking up a radio from her tower’s equipment box, Sivir makes a call.

“Nasus can you cover me while I handle this? Okay thanks. Alright everyone we’ve got some fun planned ahead for you all. Usual rules apply here which means no killing, no maiming, no being a simp, no flashing, no inting, powers are allowed, avoid any angry crabs and have fun.” Sivir tells the gathered contestants, because if not then Renekton might yell at her. With that she then throws a green smoke bomb in the air and soon afterwards a loud rumbling is heard. Taliyah then nearly kills all sixteen contestants when she forms a circle of eight massive sand castles. Each one of these fortresses is twenty feet in all dimensions and fifty feet across from it’s opposite.

Each of the eight teams are then given a castle that they must each defend until four others are completely toppled. One player is allowed to attack freely while the other is tasked with defending and can only attack the castle across from them. The teams competing today consist of Caleb and Riven, Vi and Caitlyn, Garen and Lux, Ashe and Tryndamere, Ahri and Yuumi, Qiyana and one forced Neeko, Darius and Draven, and finally Katarina with Cassiopeia. Each of the teams then universally agrees the more melee focused champs should be on the attacker. They are then given five minutes to prepare their defenses and make a battle plan.

“Hey Caleb, I know earlier I said it would be quick but now it’s looking like it’ll take a bit. I don’t wanna hold you up or anything so we can drop out if you want.” Riven adds while she finishes drawing up their battle plan. Caleb, after finishing up their secret culvert, then simply walks up to Riven and puts his hand on her head.

“I knew what I was getting into with this. Besides, I'm the one who put the idea of getting a Blue Buhru in your head, so I figure I’ll take responsibility and help you.” Is the answer Caleb gives Riven before she starts laughing. When she then tells him, “That’s very honorable of you.”, he then tells her he is also doing it because, “You look good when you smile and I love seeing it.”, which immediately makes the platinum blonde go quiet while blushing. She then punches him in the arm before they turn to the sound of a voice being broadcast.

“Oh cool this thing is on. Welcome to today’s games which are sponsored by Burger Emperor, Burger Emperor ‘The order is given!’. Hahaha you know what’s funny is I’m not actually the announcer, I just walked in here. By the way, Fat hands and Hat Lady I have a bomb next to me so get used to the sound of my voice. You’ve all now got ten seconds to begin and Go!” Jinx shouts from the broadcast booth. Taking the cackling woman’s word for it, the attacking contestants begin to race towards each other under a torrent of water and pool toys.

The chaos begins with Vi knocking Darius with her massive pink and yellow boxing gloves. With the older blood brother on his back, he is soon bombed by one of Neeko’s water balloons. Seeing how destructive the axolotl’s Blooming Burst are, Yuumi messages Ahri to hurry over to their rival’s castle. Ahri, summoning jets of water around her, Spirit Rushes past Qiyana and throws her volleyball at Neeko’s head. Taking the lizard girl down with a bonk to the head, Qiyana summons a massive sea breeze to shove everyone away. The “Empress” day quickly gets worse though as a geyser of water surrounds her. Riven and Vi are also impeded by Yuumi’s Final Chapter but only Qiyana gets hit by Draven’s axes. Seeing what his brother is going for, Darius drags the Ixtal royal to him before slamming her with the blade of his ax. She winds up being hit hard enough to be sent crashing into her own castle which promptly comes crumbling down.

While the little empress starts to chase Not Neeko for “costing them the game.”, everyone else refocuses their efforts. Ahri tries to fall back to help defend her castle but is then sniped in the back by Caitlyn. The fox’s castle is then quickly set upon by Tryndamere and Garen which sends Yuumi and Book into a bit of a panic. Luckily an orb of water blows up between the spin artists as Caleb decides to lend a hand. The cat’s smile quickly evaporates though as a massive arrow of water smashes into her castle and sends it crashing down.

Caleb, who feels like he could’ve helped more just now, quickly gets a chance at redemption since his partner Riven has unfortunately gotten caught in Cassiopeia’s sand trap Miasma. He is able to quickly fish her out with a Coercion line just in time as Garen was about to slam his great pool noodle onto her head. The Demacian captain then changes targets and gets to work on destroying the Noxian nobles’ castle. Katarina Shunpos her way back in order to help her sister but finds her pool toys blocked by a Prismatic Barrier from Lux. Knowing she can’t break it in time, Katarina takes a different and more unique approach. She quickly leans in close to the Crownguard and quickly whispers something into his ear. No one knows what she said to get Garen to stop but everyone sees it works; though it doesn’t matter as Vi soon slams them both into the Noxian’s castle.

With Vi taking out one more castle, Caitlyn soon sets her sight towards Caleb but doesn’t see him on the ramparts. Instead the drawbridge to Riven and Caleb’s castle comes crashing down and standing there is the alternate Hooded; surrounded by water and with his pool noodle raised high. Putting his team’s final battle plan into action and yelling “Pumpkin Slash!”, he slams down a massive blade of water into Caitlyn and Vi’s castle. As the sand settles, our remaining teams in the competition consist of Ashe and Tryndamere, Darius and Draven, Caleb and Riven, along with Garen and Lux; each of them are then granted one hour to prepare for the next challenge.

POOL

“Wow that was an awesome ending Caleb! Anyways the next challenge is a game of kibasen but with a twist! You will all have to make a third friend from outside of the competition and carry a yordle. So try to avoid anyone with murophobia or zoophobia or xenophobia, kay? Now then if you all don’t mind I’m gonna go get a hot dog and nevermind I’m going to be barricading the door. So while Fathands tries to break it down, let’s check in on the losers. Take it away Koggy!” Jinx shouts into the mic before shoving a desk in front of the door. We then cut to Kog’maw, who is scratching under the belt keeping the camera strapped to his head.

Pool

“Come out, come out wherever you are? I just wanna talk to you, dumb lizard.” Qiyana mumbles while stalking through the beachgrass but fails to notice Neeko camouflaged on the nearby tree. The last anyone sees of the two, Neeko is leaping onto Qiyana while repeatedly whooping, shouting freedom, and stabbing the royal with a popsicle.

“So what did you say to Garen to get him to stop Kat?” Cassiopeia asked while returning to her lounge chair. “None of your business, besides I only said I’d do it if we moved on.” The redhead tells her sister before a glare is enough to make her part sea snake sibling drop the subject for now.

“It’s okay Yuumi. We tried our best and that’s all that matters.” Ahri tells her teammate while petting the sleeping cat. Book however feels differently and proceeds to teleport Ahri several feet above the filthy pool Twitch is swimming in.

“She’s dug in there like a tick. Cupcake we’re gonna need a blowtorch or something because apparently fucking space dwarves built this door.” Vi informs Caitlyn after punching the reed door for several minutes straight. At that moment Kog’maw runs up and starts scratching the door to get his promised treats. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking of Vi?” Caitlyn asks her partner before they lift up the Voidborne and start to drag his acid dripping tongue on the door.

POOL

All over the beach random yordles begin to approach their respective carriers for the upcoming event. In the case of Riven and Caleb, despite being on land, a squid crawls up to them before turning into a kid. Before Lulu can even announce she is on their team, Caleb is already squeezing the small yordle girl in a hug.

“Oh my gods! Oh my gods! Oh my gods! I love it! I love it! I Love it! She’s so fluffy and cute. What? Oh don’t look at me like that Riven. I lose it over innocent, cute things and you go crazy over sweets.” Caleb plainly states while shooting Riven an unamused look. Lulu gets a little scared that a fight might start before suddenly Riven starts laughing.

“Hahaha Oh my gods. You flipped so many switches just now. Oh man, I can’t breathe. Hahaha, we still have a problem though Caleb. We need to find a third person. Also I kind of feel like you carried me in the last game and I didn’t do anything.” Riven notes that last part with a depressed look on her face. Caleb puts down Lulu and picks up the depressed swordswoman in an equally big hug.

“You drew attention to yourself and bought me time to build up a big Pumpkin Slash. Don’t forget we’re always here to pick you back up and that’s because you’d do the same for us. Now about the whole needing a team problem, I’ve got a plan and I think I know who can help us. Quick question, how long can you two hold your breaths?” Caleb asks while looking between the two confused women. Riven answers with a minute and a half while Lulu says two minutes, Caleb then answers the pair with a simple “Perfect.”

POOL

When the time comes all the remaining contestants gather back on the beach for the second competition. Garen and Lux have brought Galio with them to help protect Rumble, who has managed to turn Tristy into a palanquin for easier movement. The brother and sister are glad that for anyone who brought a friend who was too big a special magic field was placed on the beach. With it beings, like Galio, have been shrunk down to a more medium sized version of themselves. Darius and Draven meanwhile have managed to secure Sion and Kled, High Major Commodore of the First Legion Third Multiplication Double Admiral Artillery Vanguard Company, on their team. Ashe and Tryndamere for this event have gotten their close friend Braum to aid them and Gnar, who was lured into working with them using donuts.

“Hey Caleb, are you sure about this plan of yours? I am with you if you think it’ll work but I’m a little worried if “it” even understood you.” Riven inquires of Caleb before turning to their final teammate. Behind them with Lulu clinging to her dorsal fin is Rek’sai, who managed to get bribed by the duo’s stash of rare ice creams.

“Alright nerds get into positions and go! Wait, why is the door smoking?” Are the last words Jinx says before a loud crashing noise and some screaming is heard over the microphone. Nobody goes to investigate the commotion though as the contestants all start to charge each other.

All except one, Lulu’s team instead becomes enveloped in a crystalline blue and purple energy before sinking into the ground. Team Rumble and Gnar don’t pay much mind to this though as the quartet of noxians slam into them at high speed. Before Kled can use his ax to rip the headband off of Rumble, Galio puts a wing in the way and saves the mechanic. Rumble then makes some space for his team by using Tristy’s water thrower to push the other teams away. Gnar, who dislikes getting wet, then throws his boomerang at the mech riding yordle but Draven manages to hit it midair with one of his axes. The younger blood brother doesn’t get to laugh for long however before Ashe shoots him in the face with a water arrow. Pissed at the fact his hair just got ruined, Draven tries to charge towards Team Gnar but this doesn’t work though since Sion wants to charge Team Rumble. Darius quickly finds himself struggling to get his team back under control and his situation isn’t helped by Kled's yelling crazily over his orders. This mess of a team even manages to fail at feeling the sand rumbling underneath them until it’s too late. From beneath the sands Rek’sai burst forth and the already disorientated Noxians are further thrown into disarray via Lulu casting Wild Growth on herself. As the sand and water around them forms an enormibus avatar of Lulu, Riven uses a burst of ki and sand to help stun the Noxians even further. All of this leads up to a now hyperventilating Caleb using a Coercion sea slug to pull off Kled’s headband.

The other two teams are so stunned by the coordinated attack before Team Gnar, via noticing a suddenly heavier weight on their shoulders, snaps out of it. Using this split second head start, the Freljordians manage to get the edge over Team Rumble. Lux is then barely able to put up a Prismatic Barrier before Mega Gnar Boulder Tosses a sand castle at them. As the Demacians try to fall back, Tryndamere shouts insults at them which ends up hurting Galio’s feelings and slows them down. They then notice that the ground is starting to swallow them once Ashe douses the beach in water arrows. Garen tries to spin away the makeshift quick sand but Team Gnar is quickly on top of them. In a last ditch attempt to win, Lux fires off a Light Binding to root the Freljordian champions but Braum puts his tiki bar in the way and blocks it. From there it doesn’t take long for an enraged Tyrndamere to push his way to Rumble and tear off his headband.

POOL

With that the second competition ends in Ashe and Tyrndamere moving on to the finals to face Caleb and Riven. The participants' celebrations are cut short however when a gust of warm wind rolls over the beach. From the air a massive blue and white seagull appears and Anivia starts to flap her wings which violently blows air around the Coalitionists. Caleb then tries using his parasol as a shield to protect his team but ends up instead being lifted away by the extreme winds.

“Caleb! Anivia what the fuck are you doing?! Oh shit! I-Is he going to be alright up there?!” Riven begins to panic as Anivia roosts herself in the nearby trees. This wasn't a personal attack for the phoenix however as she would’ve done the same to the other teams if they won. Still, she can’t help but look at the former Noxian with some sadness

Pool

As several champions run to see Caleb floating away on his parasol, Lee Sin doesn’t follow the commotion and instead tries to focus his attention back to the woman who was near him. Instead of finding the husky sounding woman still with him, he finds out that both her and his coconut drink are missing. As the blind man stomps off to get a new drink, Neeko then emerges from the bushes covered in a red liquid.

“Jungle cat Nidalee! Neeko needs help buying a new popsicle! Her old one melted and she can’t remember if it was cherry or strawberry! Also Neeko is free again! Jungle cat Nidalee?” Neeko stops her shouting when she sees a quadrupedal catfish creature leap into the water. The orange aquatic being is last seen making a beeline towards where Caleb is floating off to. Following as close as she can, Nidalee can only hope that she can get him back before the final contest starts and before anything nasty in the ocean can.

XxxX

(Main)

Taking another break, the main version of Caleb is now dressed in a brown leather jacket, dark fatigues, dual pistols, and a red visor attached to his hood to cover his face. He’s currently inside one of the manor’s training rooms and practicing with akimbo pistols when Levia brings something up.

‘Hey Caleb I’m glad you’re not crossdressing anymore but why’d you go with the Red Hooded look? Couldn’t we have gone with the Crime City look, I rather enjoy being a tentacle that eats our enemies’ hearts.’ Levia questions as Caleb kicks down a dummy. She then savors some of the ferocity he displays when he unloads bullets into the downed model.

“Because then that’s Crime City and not Cosplay? Oh and before you ask, we aren't gonna change it for a Hellborne look.” Caleb preemptively responds to the serpent's next question. When she asked her following question of “Why not?”, he simply responded back with “I don’t wanna risk messing up and ruining her image.”

XxxX

(Crime City)

In an abandoned church, located on the poor side of Valoran City, an argument is currently occurring between it’s two supernatural occupants. To those capable of seeing the supernatural, the more talkative of the pair is a fat, short, and ugly looking clown in a poorly fitting suit and hat with a southern accent. The other is obscured by the shadows but her piercing green eyes and red cloak show immense anger and annoyance.

“Enough you little bitch! I’m not the biggest or baddest demon but I’m not to be messed with! I’m not just going to sit back on a bench and take this disrespect because I’m Tahm fucking Kench!” The slimy dwarf roars before reaching back and tearing off their own skin with a laugh. What’s revealed to be underneath is a gray, tall, and obese creature. Despite it’s heavy weight, the demon’s ribs are still showing and some of it’s other “human” traits have been retained but transformed to their true nature. What hair it used to have has turned into a trio of horns, the buttons over his stomach have parted to reveal a burning hole in Tahm’s stomach, and it’s torn suit strings have changed into charred and broken chains; the demon’s pure red eyes however have stayed the same. with a large curved horn, blood red eyes, a burning hole going through it’s stomach, burned and broken chains on it’s limbs, and a pair of mandibles covering it’s mouth, filled with razor sharp teeth and a long tongue covered in the faces of the damned.

“I fucking hate clowns.” Hellbourne Nita says in her usual state of tranquil fury as Tahm opens it’s mandibles and teeth. Revealing a long tongue covered in the faces of the damned, the revenant woman responds simply by spinning her revolver’s cylinder and summoning her Coercion chains.

XxxX

(Headhunter)

In a Malza-Cathian lab located on the jungle plant of LV-572, a man’s body on an autopsy table starts to spasm. From his chest burst forth the head of a xenoborne warrior known as Kha’zix. The alien infant is barely outside of it’s host when the room starts to fill with gas. It first tries to crawl up towards the vents, but the company has learned from their previous experiments to prevent such escapes. A minute passes and two mercenaries in white body armor and purple hazmat suits enter the room. It doesn’t take them long to find the infant creature lying under the table. As one of the soldiers tries to grab it, Kha’zix rears his head and opens his mouth to spit acid. Hitting his target over the eyes and causing them to flail in agony, the small creature uses this opportunity to quickly escape the room. Climbing into the first unsecured vent it sees, the xenoborne has it’s escape interrupted when the vents begin flooding with nerve gas. Quickly noticing a fan leading to the outside, Kha’zix leaps through it and manages to avoid being cut apart by it. Over the next few hours, by eating the locally imported Ionian giant squirrels, Kha’zix is able to grow into a more mature form. Telepathically receiving a signal from deeper into the jungle, Kha begins to make his way towards it. Eventually the monster arrives at a pyramid surrounded by Malza-Cathian mercenaries and scientists. Blending in with the shadows all around, the alien assassin makes it’s way deeper into the stone structure; incapacitating any humans along the way and impaling any androids or machines as well. Over ten thousand humans live on this world and within a week less than a hundred have survived.

HDHT

Not long after Specimen K-6 escaped a distress signal was released which was intercepted by multiple groups. One of which are the Colonial Landing and Assault Corps, who after disasters on various other worlds, are looking heavily into the Malza-Cathian Corporation’s operations for crimes against sentient life. After establishing a base camp on LV-572 at the planet’s landing station, six hundred of two thousand troops are dispatched to investigate the signal’s location. Dozens of UD-4 Dropships take flight before landing close enough to the ground to deploy M577 APCs. In one of these troop carriers is somewhat of a celebrity amongst the marines inside. His name is Caleb and he has both the honor and horror of having survived a previous xenoborne outbreak. He is simply sitting in silence in his M4X armor, which comes with long armored sleeves, thick gloves, a full face mask with ballistic shielding; all of which is resistant to xenoborne blood, when some of his fellow marines approach him.

“Are you alright sergeant? You did so much to survive these freaks last time and already let yourself be deployed again.” Colonel Lucian asks Caleb before he is quickly answered back with an “I’m fine sir.” Before the Colonel can further press the twin about his recently cagey behavior, the conversation ends as the marines come under attack.

The armored carrier Caleb and Lucian themselves are riding in is soon crashed into and flipped upside down by an enemy Herald xenoborne. A minute then passes before Lucian and Caleb manage to recover enough to emerge from the downed vehicle. All around them squadrons of marines begin engaging with various xenobornes monstrosities; their guns, flamethrowers, and explosives clashing against the aliens’ acid, spikes, and claws. Lucian is quick to join the fray and lead his fellow marines with M4A4 machine pistols ablazing, while Caleb sneaks off during the conflict. Quickly forming a firing line to hold off the alien menace, the marines begin to wait for new information from base before making their next move. Over the comms they begin to hear screams and chatter about xenobornes managing to infiltrate the base. Apparently not too long after their inquisition began, a new breed of xenoborne capable of evolving on the spot managed to create an opening in their perimeter. Realizing the need to fall back immediately, Lucian’s troops begin a tactical withdrawal back to base.

HDHT

Upon seeing a lone marine, several Zix attempt to ambush Caleb but are cut down by pulse rifle fire. After finishing off the last of the deadly aliens, the rogue trooper receives a transmission from Lucian.

“Caleb, where the hell are you?! Everyone else is falling back to base and we have your signal nearing the pyramid.” The colonel demands over the comlink. Caleb then quickly lies that he was pushed this way and got cut off. Before Lucian can question him further, the line ends and isn’t able to be reopened. Having smashed his communicator, Caleb then pulls out a recorded message and listens to it again.

“Hello Mr. Caleb. As you already know, we have your two close associates under lock and key with us. Just a reminder though, Quinn and Sona are safe with us but they won’t stay that way for long. Hehehehe especially since one of them has a nasty parasite and the other is considered both company property and a traitor. So listen up “hero”, unless you want Quinn to become a mom then you’ll bring us a queen egg along with any tech you can find on LV-572. While you’re at it make sure to destroy anything that could be considered evidence, got it?” The voice of Malza-Cathian thug and PMC leader Malcolm Graves can be heard. Caleb’s brief self-reflection is quickly interrupted when all over the jungle loud howls and roars can be heard. He knows that this can only mean one thing, the Headhunters have arrived.

From her perch in the trees, Nidalee sees a lone marine surrounded by Zix bodies. Her green eyes then notice another Zix getting close and she blows into a special whistle. As the evil creature leaps towards the lone marine, two massive alien cats with deadlocks and covered in armor burst from the brush. By the time the soldier has his rifle raised, both cougars have already ripped in half the xenoborne. At this moment Nidalee breaks her camouflage and leaps down to impale her prey. He quickly rolls out of the way on pure instinct and opens fire on the huntress, which works at making space but not in harming the Headhunter. Alyx and Ryo, her cougar companions, then charge the marine and each grab an arm which disarms the target. Luckily for him, his armor protects his limbs enough that he is able to reach for his belt and tosses down a flashbang. This manages to shake off the beasts but ends with him being kicked squarely in the chest by the masked huntress. Watching him falling over a tree root, Nidalee tosses a net onto him afterwards before it starts to constrict and cut into the soldier. Rather than packing, the CLAC soldier instead grabs his combat knife and cuts his way out of the netting. Upon seeing this, Nidalee realizes that this must be the human that survived BV-558 and grins at the prospect of his trophy. She proceeds to try and skewer the man with a thrust from her spear but has her attack redirected into a tree instead. While her mask gives her protection from the punch that follows, it doesn’t help as much when she gets suplexed. Shaking off their daze, her cougars siblings would like to help their huntress sister but know how Headhunters get their kills. So instead they start to patrol the area for marine and xenobornes threats; confident Nidalee can get the kill. The marine attempts to put the huntress into a chokehold but has it broken when she slams her head back. This shatters the prey’s shielding but not before he blinds Nidalee with mud. After both combatants take off their mask and throw them at each other, they can’t help but find the other is attractive; even if Caleb is covered in bruises and cuts. For the next twenty minutes they continue to try beating the other into submission but eventually succumb to fatigue.

“Getting tired sexy, I mean crazy cat lady?” Caleb taunts Nidalee while avoiding a wild swipe from her spear. He then picks her up and slams the woman into a tree but gets kneed away afterwards.

“Not yet, soldier boy.” Nidalee counters before slamming her combistaff into his head. Shocked that the predator can speak common, Caleb is unable to block the next attack which stabs his shoulder.

“Fine, kill me if you can but promise me something. There are two women that need help, I need you to save them.” Caleb requests of the huntress before ripping out the spear. It then becomes Nidalee’s turn to be surprised, from both being headbutted and caution for the hunter’s code. The “blooded” woman then puts her spear in the ground and demands the marine explain. He takes this chance to sit down before pulling out the message he received from the Malza-Cathian PMC leader.

“This will help. Be strong though because this will hurt.” Nidalee mentions before calling one of her cougars to her. She removes a tube device from a pouch before snapping it in two. Before Caleb can question her actions, Nidalee injects him with the healing shards. Caleb is barely able to bite onto his glove before a searing pain consumes his body. “I can’t let you take our technology. But I would like to help you, Mr. Caleb.”

“Just Caleb is fine. Also I didn’t plan on giving them it, only fooling them into thinking I was. By the way, what’s your name?” The marine asks as the last of his wounds heal. As he stumbles up, Nidalee introduces herself and her companions, Alyx and Ryo. When Caleb asks why alien cougars had Runeterran names, Nidalee simply responds that she was born there.

HDHT

Several years ago, Nidalee was the main administrator for a colony when it came under attack by xenobornes. After helping get everyone off world, she joined with the Headhunters that arrived and helped kill a Gath queen. From then on she was marked as a blooded hunter and points towards her forehead scar.

The Headhunter is then treated to a story from Caleb, about what exactly happened on BV-558. He tells her of how it was his first mission and how a Headhunter ship attacked them. The CLAC were scattered from there but despite that, with extreme luck and skill, Caleb managed to survive. Nidalee even tells him it’s okay when he mentions how he had to kill Headhunters to live. Afterwards his ship was captured by Graves himself and from there he made his deal.

The huntress then hugs him, as soon he starts to cry at both his weakness and Quinn’s plight. Soon the tears stop and Caleb’s last words before passing out are “So beautiful.”. Nidalee then gently places the exhausted soldier onto the darker alien cat’s, Ryo’s, back.

(Can we eat this one sister?) Ryo asked while pawing at Nidalee’s arm. She manages to stifle a laugh before disappointing the alien cat with a no.

HDHT

By the time Caleb finally reawakens it is already night and inside of a cave with Nidalee and the cougars on watch. She has even found the time to scavenge for him an extra pulse rifle, several grenades and flashbangs, a M39 submachine gun, a M4A4 pistol, and a new helmet to replace his old one.

“Thank you Nidalee. Though I still can’t quite figure out why you’re helping me or being so nice.” Caleb notes while checking his ammunition. Nidalee then takes a seat next to him and the two stare into the fire before them.

“At first I tried to hunt you because I saw easy prey, then I saw worthy prey, and after that I saw someone who needed to live and had a nice face, even if it was busted. It’s also nice to have someone around who compliments you. A lot of the other Headhunters don’t even see me as equal.” Nidalee adds with a hint of sadness before curling up her knees to her chest. Caleb scoots in a bit closer and when he asks, “Why is that?”, she simply answers, “Because I’m human.”, before putting her head on his shoulders. The twin gently responds to this with a simple, “Is that really such a bad thing?”, as they get back up to prepare.

HDHT

Once Caleb is finished putting on his new helmet and gear, Ryo and Alyx roar into the darkness as a small horde of Sai charge their camp. Between the net traps, massive amounts of gunfire, and cougar claws, Nidalee and Caleb are able to easily push back the invaders. With their position secured for now, the huntress then pushes a few buttons on her wrist and afterwards a Headhunter ship appears. Flying to the overrun pyramid, the pair disembark but decide to leave the cougars onboard. This serves a dual purpose as Nidalee wishes to keep them safe and the pair wish to travel stealthily inside. Making their way inside of the ancient structure, they find that the interior has been outfitted with a gratuitous amount of electrical equipment and amenities. Despite the dim lighting and human machinery, the nest of pure evil still exudes an aura of fear within it’s wall; this sense of danger is only worsened by the seeming lack of xenoborne encountered so far. The only two explanations the huntress or marine can come up with are that either the hoard is deeper in the hive or attacking en masse somewhere. Eventually the pair are able to locate the power grid that the corporation installed and turn it back on. While this illuminates the temple, it also turns on the emergency security protocols and causes sections to become shut off. This proves to be a boon however as the intruders start to hear a buzzing and growling sound approaching them from the other side of the nearby blast doors. At first they think the acid-proofed doors might hold out for a while, until a pair of scythe-like claws start to pierce them.

“Damn it! We need to get out of here quickly. Nidalee come here and I’ll boost you into the vent.” Caleb tells the huntress before they manage to escape the room at the last second. The last thing he sees before they leave is a massive purple and black xenobourne with insect wings and razor sharp claws enter the room.

After crawling around the vent for a minute or so, the pair come under attack as those same claws that tore open the blast door begin to stab into the vents near them. Eventually the xenoborne grows tired of taking blind stabs and rams it’s head into the path of the pair. While Nidalee holds it back with her spear’s shaft, Caleb unloads an entire clip of his pistol into the monster’s face. This dazes the beast enough that it falls back out of the ventilation but doesn’t seem to kill it. With their pursuer deterred, the soldier and Headhunter continue crawling to a new location. However the commotion they caused doesn’t go unnoticed and soon another Zix appears in front of them to block their path. Nidalee quickly kills this one but it’s blood causes the section she was on to fall. Caleb is then forced to watch his companion fall into an abyss but nevertheless jumps in after her. He winds up going down a slide-like passage and soon arrives at the center of the pyramid. The marine’s timing couldn’t be more perfect however as he arrives in time to shoot off a facehugger from Nidalee’s still form. Before he can properly check the huntress' vitals, a loud roar shakes the chamber. This manages to snap Nidalee awake and draws their attention to the source of the noise. Flickering spotlights reveal a twenty feet tall xenoborne queen with an extra set of pincer ended arms and spikes jutting from her shoulders. She raises her seven pronged crested head high and roars again at the intruders. Apparently upon crashing into the room, Nidalee accidently destroyed several eggs. Knowing the danger they’re in upon seeing the queen, the huntress tries to get up but finds a shard of metal in her left thigh.

“It’s okay Nidalee, I’ve got this one.” Caleb says before giving her a thumbs up and a smile. He then takes the chance to note the various large machines serving to hold back the queen once the lights flicker back on again.

“No. I trust you and like you Caleb but I’m not letting you do this alone. I’m just as good a Headhunter as the next, no matter my species; now let’s do this.” Nidalee proudly declares before tearing the piece of metal out of herself. From the ceiling, Zix lurkers begin to crawl down from the ceiling to protect their queen.

“Ha! Well then, let’s squash some bugs.” Caleb confidently announces before checking his rifle. With the limping huntress by his side and thirty nine rounds left in his rifle, Caleb simply notes that, “He likes their odds.”, before opening fire.

XxxX

(Main)

Caleb is now relaxing on one of the manor's many balconies, drinking some iced tea while watching the sunset. He is now in a modified school uniform with a long jacket that has a chain on the shoulder, a peaked cap with a golden badge that has an eagle and serpent on it, and an armored, humanoid version of Levia beside him. The Hooded yawns a bit and barely catches sight of the Roc flying in from a distance. Finishing his tea in one chug, Caleb returns to the Multiversal Mirror chamber.

‘Well my whiny bitch, have you decided? Which orphan girl or girls with issues will you try to woo? Shouldn’t be too hard right? After all, I hear that meeting the parents is the wor.. Ahk!” Levia is quickly shut up when Caleb punches her in the face. She then starts cursing for a solid minute, both about Caleb’s lack of humor and how the room lets him touch her in this skin.

“I know you were joking but that was a very weak joke. Also I think I need a bit of time, especially since they’re all so amazing. Nidalee is just so nice to me despite the fact I’m no one to her. Yet we both just instinctively have to take care of all the innocent creatures we see from animals to children to Neeko. Not to mention she has a tendency to somehow show up when I need her most. As for Riven, we go back to the Ionian war and share an unspoken battle sync. She also promised me then that if we both survived then in time she’d show me how to live. But I’m willing to put that aside for a bit if it means I can help her find peace. Oh but Sona, she is able to find the humanity in me and bring me back. Plus it feels like we were meant to meet since I was the one who gave up everything to save her dad Barrett and Lestara’s connection to Quinn. I’ve even given her the ability to get past my mental barriers and touch my mind whenever she wants. Seriously fuck me because it doesn’t help they’re all great and total bombshells.” Caleb lists off before leaving the Mirror in his normal look. Eventually he decides to leave it to future Caleb before going to bed. Meanwhile, sneaking into the manor is the Sleipnir Squad who have a special and small someone with them. After surviving a jigsaw style trap building, the four champions have taken it upon themselves to care for a brown and puffy bat vastayan baby they found.

As for the other multiverses, we see Riven nervously waiting in a large pool on the opposite of Ashe and Tryndamere. The judges are about to disqualify her when from the high diving board a gurgling roar is heard. It’s quickly followed by a splash as Caleb, with the sun at his back, dives into the pool to finish the competition with his partner.

Inside of the xenoborne temple, a loud whining noise is heard throughout it as well as a massive explosion. Kha’zix quickly makes his way into the queen’s chamber, only to find her head netted to what was once a flamethrower turret. While the huntress and the marine have disabled every other xenoborne in the area due to their victory, Kha’zix is not done evolving yet.

On the masquerade plane, Jhin and his automatons are opening fire on the demonic gentleman and Lady Sona; the latter of whom is taking in the view of dozens of faceless children near her. Caleb, while able to sense her anger, can only hold her since he can not truly act on the mortal plane without orders. Wiping away her tears with a handkerchief while he shields her from bullets, the woman snaps and gives Caleb new orders; ‘Cut his head off and tear out his guts!’ are the final words before Caleb goes into his Dark form for her.

XxxX

Sleipnir Shorts and Operations presents, Operation: Cake Eater

Arriving at the Ironport of Zaun, Aki leaps out of an orb made of shadows but notices that Cathy isn’t with him. Meanwhile, up in Piltover, a gate of electricity forms before Cathy steps out of her portal and finds herself alone. Growling in annoyance, she quickly catches the next descent on the Rising Howl and calls Aki on her communicator. Getting into a screaming match with her partner about syncing teleports, the pair eventually settle on Cathy going to Aki after he brings up her fear of creepy crawlies.

“Stupid shit can’t even work with us. Then again I suppose we should be proud he was willing to use his abilities to come here; dumbass thinking he can be a part of this Coalition without using his Shadow magic. The fuck are you all looking at? Damn! Bitch can’t make a call without everyone looking at her and trying to butt in.” Cathy shouts at the dozen or so people around her before getting off the mighty lift. Breaking into a muscle car she sees, the Cyber Pilot begins hot-wiring it while hoping Aki doesn’t get into trouble.

CDAM

“Hey do you guys know how to get to Leonardo’s Bakery? I’m not too familiar with town and was wondering if I could get some directions.” Aki politely asks a trio of chempunks hanging out on some crates.

“We could tell you’re not from around here. After all you seem well-heeled, matter of fact you look awfully healthy. Hey kid, do your parents’ know where you are?” Asks the leader of the trio before they start to look around for any wardens.

“My parents are dead. Aaaaand you guys are asking me these questions because you’re gonna try to harvest my organs aren’t you?” Genbu realizes as over two dozen of their friends emerge from the surrounding alleys and walkways. Seeing them pull out weapons confirms his suspicions before the Shadow Wyrm begins bolting it.

CDAM

Half an hour later, Cathy is driving towards Ironport when a convoy of vehicles pass her and she spots Aki in the back of the lead SUV. Playing the image back in her mind, she notices that he has several bruises on his face and immediately begins tailing the convoy. After cutting off the pickup truck and motorcycle at a stop light, Cathy steps on the gas and makes her move.

“I can’t believe this prick in the back managed to kill eighteen of us. You could’ve probably gotten away too if you didn’t decide to be a hero kid. Should’ve let us kill that bitch and run away because now we’re gonna make this shit slow and painful. Fucking idiot.” The driver of the car, a fat man named Jameson with augmented arms, mocks Aki over his capture. Harry, a lanky and shimmer addicted punk, starts to feel his skin itch and tells Jameson to hurry up so he can get his fix.

“Cool your tits Harry and just worry about keeping that gun pointed at the kid. Besides, it's not like Jameson’s fatass is going to miss dinner, haha! Oi Tiana, what bell is it?” A bald and fit man, named Charles, asks the petite blonde behind him while enjoying the breeze from his window. Pulling out her pocket watch, she informs her compatriots that it is five minutes from eight bells. At that moment a speeding muscle car rams into the SUV and the thoughts going through everyone’s heads range from “Shit!”, “Who the fuck hit us?!”, “Cathy!”, “Son of a whore!”, and “Ionian!”.

Thanks to Cathy’s collision, Aki is able to kick Harry’s pistol under the driver’s seat and can renew his fight with the gangsters. Due to the collision, Harry’s pistol is lost and Aki renews his fight with the gangsters. The Cyber Pilot prepares to ram the SUV again but finds herself pinned between two sedans. Back on Aki’s end, he has managed to take a seat on the center console and is using his position to kick and punch at both Harry and Tiana in their seats. Charles then pulls Aki towards him and starts to punch the former ninja. Needing to escape, Aki grabs the wheel and veers them left. This ends up flinging Charles off him and slams the back of his head into a passing truck.

“Oh would you lot just fuck off! Aki you better be using Shadow Dragon in there.” Cathy thinks out loud before hitting her breaks to free herself of the pincer maneuver. She then begins her counter attack by ramming the car on her right until it careens into a local theater entrance.

Cathy and the other sedan then both come screeching around the corner before they begin ramming each other. The gangster proves to be oddly adept at the tactic as he ends up hitting the Cyber Pilot enough to force her into reverse. Not one to panic though the Sleipnir looks at her surroundings and sees her victory. Keeping her opponent’s vision obscured, the android quickly veers out of his way and causes the man to go flying out his windshield after tricking them into slamming into a barricade. Getting her car straightened out and continuing her pursuit, Cathy quickly finds herself coming under fire. As it so happens the truck and motorcycle she cut off earlier have managed to catch up to her. Using a double barrel shotgun, the passenger of the truck manages to shoot out Cathy’s window. Sick of playing chicken with these chem punks, the Coalitionist pulls out a machine pistol from her stomach’s pocket dimension. Noticing her new weapon, the truck’s gunner rapidly bangs on the roof so the driver backs off a bit. Keeping her aim on the truck, Catherine is barely able to react in time as the motorcyclist opens fire with their own pistol. Getting as close as he can, the biker keeps spraying bullets at Cathy's car until he’s next to the driver’s seat. Not giving her enemies a chance to reload, the Sleipnir rams his motorcycle out from underneath him. Seeing him desperately clinging to the side of her car, the android detaches her right arm and starts to push him off. Quickly losing her patience once more, Cathy decides to instead pull the gangster’s upper half into the car before unloading a clip into his helmet. Dropping the corpse from her grip and running over it in the process, the blonde machine hopes Aki is okay.

‘Okay that was definitely a gun going off. I couldn’t hear it over the people screaming all around.’ Aki notes before throwing a dazed Tiana into the back and breaking Harry’s right arm. Elbowing the now crippled man, the Shadow Wyrm quickly ties his seat belt around his neck before the teen starts to choke the driver with his own necklace.

Not wanting to crash, the blonde starts to choke Aki as well before he yanks her back into the middle row. Slamming himself onto Harry, Aki starts to kick Tiana until eventually the woman is sent crashing out her side’s window. Suffering a broken neck after hitting the road, she is quickly put out of her misery by a passing carriage hitting her.

CDAM

Having dealt with the cyclist, Cathy can now fully focus on the returning shotgunner truck. Using his rounds blowing off her driver’s side door, the gunner tries to reload but ends up dropping his shells after Cathy rams them. While the gangster is fumbling to grab his ammunition, the android takes her chance to reload. Putting the fresh clip into her mouth, she has her right arm empty the old one before replacing it. Finishing her reload by slamming it into place on the dash, Cathy sees the gunner still fumbling with his shells before she unloads her rounds into the truck. Hearing the satisfying sound of the car’s horn wailing before the truck crashes into a nearby brick wall, the Cyber Pilot breathes a sigh of satisfaction knowing all her pursuers are dead.

CDAM

With everyone dying around him, Jameson starts to panic as Harry starts to trade blows with the captive. Knowing he is the last line of defense, the shimmer addict starts to take hits just so he can land his own blows while thanking his increased pain tolerance. Harry eventually over commits one of his kicks however and breaks another window. Before he can pull his foot back in, Aki takes this chance to drag the chem punk’s achilles across the broken glass. With the last line of defense screaming in agony, the Shadow Wyrm punches Jameson until he is unconscious before opening the rear hatch. Seeing Cathy driving behind them, Aki punches Harry unconscious as well before jumping on his partner’s stolen car. Detaching her left arm to help Aki inside, the Cyber Pilot quickly slams down on her brakes and watches as the runaway SUV is rammed by a dump truck. Taking a moment to recuperate, the Sleipnirs then get out of the car before they start laughing and giving each other dap.

“Woah! That shit was intense, great driving back there Cathy. Huh, look over there, it’s that Leonardo’s?” Aki asks before he points out the old Zaunite bakery just past the flipped and now burning SUV. Pulling a sack of gold from her stomach, Cathy punches the Shadow Wyrm in the arm for not using his powers.

“It is. Let’s hurry up because the party is probably starting at any moment and I wanna get back before the Hooded does.” Cathy tells her partner before they go inside to pick up their orders. Purchasing a massive marble cake and a neapolitan ice cream cake for the Hooded’s birthday party, the pair teleport back home. Covered in bits of glass, cuts, and bruises, the Shadow Wyrm and Cyber pilot return just as Caleb is with more guests and injuries of his own.

Mission Success!

XxxX

Chapter 6: REcall

Summary:

A look into the Hooded that came before Caleb.

Chapter Text

A/N Welcome, welcome, welcome! This chapter is meant to be a shadow debut for the story focused acting as background for the REbooted series when it comes to the Hooded characters besides Caleb and meant to showcases their stories while also doing the same for different eras of Runeterra's history.

Starring: Monte Ardire (The Gunner), Camille Ferros, Eliza Ferros, Caitlyn, Cassandra Kiramman San, Caleb, Nita (The Abandoned), The Nameless One (The Slave), Hayate (The Master), Danbi (The Saint), Germaine (The Hunter), Chereese (The Templar), Abelardo (The General), Alexandria (The Eccentric), Ida (The Knight), Lady Hell and Levia

XxxX

Inside of his study, Caleb has been struggling to decide which of his love interests to pursue for the past few days. Going so far as to try and list pros and cons for each, he finds himself stuck looking at a whiteboard with Sona, Nidalee, and Riven scribbled on it. Finishing up some chicken soup left for him by the Sleipnirs, he finally comes to a conclusion.

"You know what, screw it! If I can’t choose any of them over the others then I’ll just see how they react to my confessions. From there I hope we can make whatever it becomes work." Caleb rants to himself as a bored Levia glares at him. As the metaphysical serpent prepares to taunt the Hooded about his decision making, an infernal rune appears in the air near them.

The rune soon then forms into a fiery window leading to what Caleb can tell is Hell, and as such, summons the Betwixt blade in response. Appearing amidst the flames is a woman with a graying mane of hair and a slight smile on her gracefully aged face. Stepping forth from the inferno, she adjusts her gray poncho before doing some stretches that show off her matching urban camo fatigues and leather jacket. Seeing her successor holding his weapon, the older woman jokingly pulls out her revolver as the pair of chains forming her belt come to life.

"Guten tag Pumpkin. The other past Hooded and myself have been watching you especially closely lately because of certain rumors. Rumors about you wanting to be in a relationship; are they true?" The dark skinned woman asks with a gruff Noxian accent. Sighing before dispelling his weapon, Caleb quickly has the manor make an extra chair for the woman to take a seat in across from him.

"Hello Nita, always nice to see you. As for your question the answer is yes, as a matter of fact I've just decided to try being with all of them. Please don't be mad at me for being unable to pick just one." Caleb tentatively informs and pleads with his deceased mentor. Noticing him shrinking into his chair with guilt, Nita does what any parent would do and chooses to lift his spirits.

"My dear child, you follow that squishy mass of meat in your chest if it makes you happy. By the way, how did the seven year rule work for you?" Nita inquires before summoning her goedendag to lift his chin and show him her approving smile. In a bout of excitement, Caleb grabs his whiteboard and starts to show it to his mentor.

"As for the rule you recommended for me, well Sona falls on the low end, Riven is as old as me but Nidalee breaks it. Nita I need to ask you something though. When I was in Ionia recently I had a vivid dream. In it I saw there used to be twenty Hooded but when the timeline was reforged our numbers were cut in half. Do you remember them vaguely as well and are the others okay?" Caleb asks The Abandoned, who simply hums in acknowledgement of his concerns. “They are okay and yes I remember them vaguely as well.” She replies before the younger Hooded asks for the whereabouts of San’s maid Annabelle after Heartseekers day.

"I'll be sure to ask Alexandra when I see her in a bit, San should have her back by the end of the day. Before I go Pumpkin let me tell you something, I don’t have any experience with romance but you better treat these ladies right; but don’t be a simp for them either okay? Now stop being a chicken shit and go confess to them before someone beats you to it. See ya around." Nita advises her apprentice before returning to the other side. Once the portal she opened closes, the Noxian woman turns around and comes face to face with a young maiden in pink southern belle attire.

"So the escapee has found love huh? Too bad you aren't there to see it." Hell’s avatar taunts her frenemy Nita before picking up a strange creature with the body of a hippo and the head of a crocodile to pet. Giving her sore loser friend the bird in response, the Abandoned then leaps off the top of Hell’s mighty castle.

TotH

Nita's destination is a small town that was built from the ruins surrounding Lady Hell’s Keep; a refuge for the Hooded amongst the layers. Entering a free fall, the Abandoned envelopes her body in crackling black, gold, and red Oblivion Energy. Using her personal energy to enter Spectral Form, the Noxian woman makes herself weigh less enough to glide with her poncho. From up here she is able to easily spot the army of damned creatures marching to assault the town. Diving bombing towards the horde, Nita only slows down upon seeing a green ball of ethereal energy flying into the air before crashing down.

As the dust clears, a mountain of a man covered from head to toe in Noxian steel plate armor emerges from the newly formed crater. Casually stepping onto and crushing any underneath him, the warrior’s stoic, metal mask gazes upon the surrounding army before raising his equally massive halberd towards them in challenge. Accepting his threat, a large snake made of rotting flesh begins to constrict the past Hooded. Before it can tighten it’s squeeze on Abelardo however, he instead easily breaks it’s vice with raw strength alone before crushing it’s skull with his hands. Witnessing his power, the hordes start to back away from the General before one of them becomes brave enough to attack. Upon their comrade quickly becoming impaled, the army rushes towards the Hooded in an attempt to overwhelm him with numbers. Swiping his polearm hard enough to knock down the attackers in front of him, Abelardo begins to channel Conqueror Energy through his body. As the rest of the army begins to get close to him, he releases the emerald, amber, and pink personal energy to create a barrier around himself. Grabbing a nearby damned soul via his head, the General then performs a standing long jump and barrels through the surrounding forces.

On the roof of a nearby adobe, a man and woman are drinking tea while playing Noxus Hold'em poker. The lady, Danbi, is dressed in her shrine maiden inspired outfit with a uchi katsugi hiding her foxy features. Briefly glancing at the battle, Danbi summons an orb of golden light and considers helping the General. While the eight tailed fox vastayan doesn't like fighting, it doesn't mean the Saint is above helping her allies in need. As a mountain of broken bodies and enemies begin to bury the mountain of a man, Danbi unleashes a swarm of origami cranes from her sleeve. The flock of paper birds then migrate to her successor and begin to swarm around him while harassing anyone too close. With her descendant in a better position, the red tailed fox proudly declares her “Royal Flush.” to her mentor.

"Danbi, recall your birds and let him fight on his own. You know he likes to fight on his own when he can.” Her predecessor, codenamed Master, reminds his protegee before sipping from his tea cup. Saint is then quick to slap the cup out of his hand upon recognizing the smell of alcohol; something she knows Alexandra might have tampered with. Thinking she is mad at him for trying to drink something the fox tried hard to wean him off of in life, Hayate fakes some stretches before joining the nearby fight. Jumping off the edge of the roof, Hayate’s eyes begin to glow as blue as his haori before a nimbus forms underneath him. Pulling out an empty sword hilt, he manifests a straight sword out of wind before flying to aid the General and avoid any confrontation about his drinking habits.

Before the Master can cut down a fiend or the Saint can charm him into returning, the Slave stops them both. Around the pair two massive hands made of darkness gently envelope them before two women leap onto the roof with them. The pair of currently detained Hooded ignore the ever annoyed look of Chereese the Templar in favor of the disappointed woman riding her back. Tapping her angry family member’s shoulder, the Shuriman is gently put down on a nearby cushion before dusting off her tattered, tan cloak. Feeling a pinching from her wrist shackles, the legless amputee adjusts them before slapping her hands onto her ragged trousers.

"Danbi. Hayate. I love that you children are free to do as you please but please refrain from using your abilities on each other outside of a sanctioned spar. It already breaks my heart enough knowing that we have arguments amongst ourselves sometimes." The nameless Shuriman woman ends with a note of sadness and maternal authority. Saint and Master after hearing this quickly explain the truth of their situation and talk out their differences.

Ignoring the others, Chereese summons a railgun made of sentinel sun stone and begins to charge a blast. Before she fires though the Nameless One crawls over and grabs her arm. When the Slave ask if she has faith in her protegee, the Templar glares incredulously at the Shuriman for even suggesting otherwise. Turning to see the formerly crippled boy tearing a minotaur’s head off, the muted woman can’t help but feel proud of him. In a rare moment of joy and calmness, the Sentinel of Light dispels her current weapon.

Knowing it's her time to be in the spotlight, Alexandra Genesis awaits her chance to make a dramatic entrance. Her time comes when an ape-like demon with snakes for arms crashes onto the roof with everyone else. While the others ignore this development, the Eccentric Hooded burst from the creature’s chest in a shower of blood. As usual reality around the colorful mage begins to warp and soon the blood transitions to rain of salt water candies. Cleaning some of the blood off of her cloak of constantly changing colors, the silver haired woman notices her audience isn’t paying attention to her. Summoning Star Power, her staff with a live star on one end and a microphone on the other, Alexandra uses the mic to call out to the other Hooded. Growing a bit irritated at being ignored, the shorter woman prepares to turn the others into dolls when she feels the floor beneath her shaking.

Before Alexandra can say her first line of the new saga, a cobalt drill erupts from underneath her and barely avoids impaling the fragile mage. Once the drill lance has breached a hole in the roof it splits open and the Knight emerges from the opening. Dispelling her weapon, the hextech warrior freezes when the salt water candies start to turn into beetles. Screaming as the harmless creatures start to fly around her, the others notice this and chase off the insects. Falling to her knees, Ida begins to cry from being reminded of her time fighting the Void and Alexandra soon finds her head being squeezed by a large shadow hand. While Danbi helps to assure the Knight that she is no longer mutated, the Eccentric feels enough guilt to apologize for accidentally causing the brunette’s panic attack. Sucker punching the Eccentric, Ida accepts her apology before picking up the mage in time for Nita to land on the now crowded roof.

With everyone distracted by Nita’s arrival and Eccentric’s condition, the Hunter makes his move. Manifesting a petricite infused war scythe from his tan raincoat, Germaine leaps at the Templar and brings his weapon down towards her head. Chereese’s battle instincts kick in just in time though and she is able to stop the strike with her equinox shotgun. Despite having his attack intercepted, the mage hunter keeps pressing his blade down until the blade snaps off. Knowing her predecessor’s moveset, the undead purifier quickly dashes away in a streak of light before Germaine’s weapon shoots out a blast of stored magical energy. Despite avoiding the main brunt of the attack, the first Sentinel of Light is sent flying off the roof and onto the nearby field of battle. Fixing another blade to the end of his weapon, Germaine leaps down to finish Chereese; this proves to be flawed however when she manifests her Starfall minigun. Spinning his scythe fast enough to start blocking the incoming barrage, the Hunter reaches into his Hood and smashes a green vial on the ground. From the puddle a wall of wines sprout and form a regenerating wall for him to take cover behind. Feeling her blood reaching a boiling point, the Templar’s hand burst into flames as she launches a fireball at her opponent’s cover. As the plant life burns away into ash, Germaine takes one last gamble and throws out a gray vial near Chereese’s feet. Caught in a blast of steam, the Templar is unable to see around her when another vial filled with shadow magic explodes as well. Fusing together with the first magic vial, the Hunter creates an area of pure darkness around his foe. Relying on her inability to see, the war scythe wielder makes his move and tries to cut her at the waist. With no choice left, the former mother of two calls upon her personal energy to create an aura. Enveloping herself in a field of red, yellow, and blue energy, Chereese summons her Celestial Greatsword and banishes the darkness around her. Moving in a blur of light once more, the holy warrior knocks away her enemy’s weapon and holds her blade to his throat.

"Alright! I concede! I’m just glad I was able to force you to use some of your energy on me.” Germaine quickly tells Chereese before she takes a breath to calm down. Accepting his concession with a handshake, the pair are soon joined by the General who is holding a winged demon in a torture rack hold. Shattering it’s spine with a loud crack, the trio Coercion line back onto the roof with the others before taking a seat before the Nameless One.

"Good match you two. Germaine you almost had her a few times and I always enjoy seeing you mixing your attacks to make new ones. As for you Chereese, I approve of you trying to win without your personal energy to even the playing field; I also respect that you didn’t let your pride over the issue consume you as well. Excellent defense as always Abelardo. Before we assign the roles for the next match and defense, everyone, Nita has some things she has to say.” Slave announces before she is lifted up onto Knight’s Back. notes while now riding Knight's back. Giving their thanks, the battle tested Hooded are each handed a drink by Eccentric and turn to face the Abandoned.

"Well everyone, my protegee has decided to try and make a polyamourous relationship work with his love interests. If anyone has something to say then they better say it now? Oh and Alexandra, San has been asking about getting Annabelle back.” Nita tells the sorceress as she fails to sneak away. Looking among the other Hooded for any signs of judgment, the Noxian woman is pleased to find none.

"Fine Nita! I'll give her back but you have to help me turn some water into wine so I can send it to San. To be honest I’m glad she’s going to take a more active role in the Coalition, I don’t like her being left alone for too long. Plus we’ve had enough fun, right darling?” Eccentric asks her yordle wife before pulling out from her Hood. Summoning a bucket of water and a transmutation sponge, Alexandra notices something before whispering something. “If Stripey was reintroducing all of us then where is Monte at?”

TotH

Back in the material plane, after an uneventful day of investigations, Caitlyn decides to visit her grandmother’s residence. After being let inside by the head servant, who is leaving for the night, the private investigator finds her elderly host on the second floor balcony. Looking at the table next to the old woman, her detective instincts kick in and she notices an empty picture frame; the photo itself is held in the blind woman’s hand.

"Grandma, it's me, Caitlyn. I came to see how you've been doing. Sorry for the impromptu visit." The indigo haired woman announces to her blind relative while gently waking her. Putting her new hextech rifle down, Caitlyn looks out towards the sunset and takes in the lovely view.

"Oh Caity I’m so happy you came by. Forgive my poor hosting, I'm sure I can whip you up some quick food or perhaps some tea. How was your birthday? How are your parents?" The old woman asks while smiling the whole time. Remembering what she was holding, Eliza brushes her hand over her prized photo before returning it to it’s frame.

"It was lovely grandma. As for my parents, they're doing well enough these days, busy but good. Also you don't have to do that. Grandma, would you be so kind as to tell me what that photograph was of?" The private investigator asks after her curiosity finally gets to her. Handing the frame to her granddaughter with a smile, the old blonde’s sepia photo showcases her in her younger days and with a man around her age with a vintage undercut in a three piece suit.

"That’s your grandfather and myself a year after we met. I remember how much Stevan and Camille hated him but to be that only added to his charm. Hopefully you find someone one day who you won’t regret going through a hard time with; I did. I wish I still did, Caity. I've never told anyone this but I’m so tired. It hurts a bit knowing that while everyone around me passes on I’m still around. I wish I could see him with my own eyes again. Oh but don’t take any offense Caity, I love you and your mother more than enough to keep going on." The old woman confesses before covering up her sorrow. This isn’t enough for Caitlyn however and she quickly comes up with a plan to help. "Maybe you could tell me some stories about grandfather? Also I’m here for you grandma."

"That could be fun. Well, the day we met was in the fall and I was walking home when the weather started to turn sour. I didn’t want to get soaked in rain so I took a shortcut through a nearby alley when I found him. He was on his back in a pool of blood and my Monte had some nasty burn marks on his stomach. From there I took him to a hospital and started seeing him." Eliza tells Caitlyn as she starts to reminisce about the past. Despite being nearly sixty years ago, the elderly woman can remember meeting the love of her life better than even yesterday.

TotH

Sixty years earlier, Monte is sitting in the window sill of a Zaunite Warehouse, having a smoke, before he looks to the group on the ground floor. Over thirty people are arming themselves with guns and blades; the plan for them is to march up to Piltover and negotiate fairer labor contracts for Zaun. Pushing a hand through his indigo hair, Monte is surprised this many people even answered his summons. As the last of the weapon’s preparation finishes up, the protestors are told to open their pamphlets to go over their plan again. Using an abandoned gondola station, the group will make their way to the Bluewind Court. From there they will split up into various smaller groups to represent their respective workforces. With each representative pleading their case, the Zaunites hope that they can convince their overseers without the need for violence; but it doesn’t hurt to be armed considering the history of violence between the newly formed cities. If even the threat of guns fails, the protest’s organizer will fall back on showcasing his secret weapon. Conjuring a crystalline orange, lime, and brown energy into his hand, the recently anointed Hooded shakes off any of his remaining jitters. As the clock rings twelve bells, Monte checks his revolver and leaps down to join his fellow Zaunites as they begin to march towards their destination. With a feeling of optimism in the air, Monte is surprised when he notices one of the men being nervous and slows down to speak with them.

"Hey there pal. What's eating you up?" Monte asks before putting his arm around the teen's shoulder. Offering the fidgeting boy a piece of gum, the Hooded tells the group to take a left as they pass a bakery that belongs to a man named Leonardo.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean what happens if the wardens try to stop us and we have to fight them?" The boy named Antonio nervously asks their group's leader. Wondering why the teen is even here with that attitude, Monte adjusts the guttersnipe’s grip on his blade.

"Of course it is! As for the whole fighting business, just let your instincts take over and let me lead you guys to victory. Oh and before you ask how I know if I can do that, fucking instincts." The young Gunner Hooded tells his not so faithful follower. High on confidence from both the metaphorical, and literal, Revolutionary Energy in his body, Monte barely notices the fast approaching gondola station.

Arriving just before the next bell passes, the Zaunites give their weapons one last check before heading inside. From the intel they managed to gain, this station was originally intended to carry engineers along the canyon’s wall during the Sun Gate’s construction. Not wanting their noble cause to be impeded by unwanted checkpoints, the Zaunites are now going to use it discreetly to reach Piltover via it’s lifts and the central staircase. Making his way back to the front of the group, Monte leads everyone inside while smiling at the fact they’re ahead of schedule. This smile quickly disappears as fast as his suit turns to makeshift plate armor when the Zaunites see a group of Piltover Wardens. Not expecting one another, it doesn’t take long for both armed groups to open fire on each other in a panic.

Two minutes pass and soon over two thirds of those present are already dead. What remains of both initial groups soon manage to take cover behind the various pillars and debris scattered around the foyer. Turning into a bloody stalemate, it appears as though the Piltover Wardens will finish the Zaunites once a fresh squad of them appears from one of the lifts. With Zaunites dying all around him, Monte feels a desperate need to turn the tide and begins to channel a sphere of energy. As the bullets start to become more oppressive around him, the Hooded lobs his ball of unstable energy into the air. It is in the last moments before it explodes that Monte realizes his mistake; he placed too much energy into his Revolutionary Grenade.

After a massive explosion consumes the lobby and the dust starts to clear up, it is clear that both sides have been decimated. Emerging from underneath a corpse, an injured Antonio gets up in time to see a warden execute a crippled Zaunite. Locking eyes with the bloodlust driven officer, the now bloody teen quickly rushes back outside as fast as his mangle left foot will allow. As the warden starts to pursue the boy, Monte snaps awake and finds one of the Zaunite revolutionaries’ blades stuck in his stomach after breaching a gap in his armor. Despite being in agony, he sees the last of his followers in need of help and tears the blade out. Clutching his stomach, the Gunner begins to sneak behind his unsuspecting target just as they stand over Antonio.

"No wait! I was the informant! Don’t hurt me!" The teenager screams just as the warden cocks his pistol. Before he can fire however, Monte stabs the officer in the neck and saves his fellow Zaunite. “Oh thank you…” Antonio tries to thank Monte but not before the Hooded shoots the traitor himself.

"Piece of shit. All of this happened because you couldn’t trust someone else. I wonder what those stupid law dogs even offered you. Stupid boy. Damn, I need to get out of here quickly before more of them come. What’s that? You know a way for me to get out of here?” Monte asks the voice speaking to him from within. As though to answer his question, the Hood manifests a Coercion tendril.

Stepping back inside, the Hooded points the thread towards the ceiling of the station. Thinking about what he wants to do, Monte speaks the word “Coercion” before the tendril begins to extend skyward. Eventually he feels a tug as it latches onto something and soon the Zaunite finds himself being pulled up. It doesn’t take long after that for the young Hooded to reach his desired location and just in time to avoid the Wardens coming to investigate the battle. Once he is sure his tracks are covered, the indigo haired man makes his way into the rooftops before sneaking his way further north in the city.

'Shit this hurts! Come on Monte Ardire, keep going.' The bleeding Zaunite thinks before collapsing and going over the edge of the building he’s on. As he falls, the young Hooded is barely able to manifest a Coercion line to slow his fall. Rolling over onto his back, Monte manages to seal his stomach wound with Revolutionary Energy but the cauterization drains what little of his stamina remains.

'Well I guess this is it huh? I can't move anymore, I’ve definitely lost a lot of blood and no one is going to help a washed up sump rat like me. Damn and the sky is all gray, come on Janna you couldn’t at least let me see the sun as I died?' Are Monte’s last thoughts before he blacks out from exhaustion.

“Oh dear it looks like it’s going to rain soon. Thank you for blessing us with it lady Janna but I’d rather not get soaked today.” A platinum blonde woman dressed in her artificer uniform thinks aloud. Turning the corner into the next alley, Eliza is shocked to see a dying man lying on his back.

TotH

"After that we bonded over our mutual love of machinery. Haha I think he was actually going to vomit when he asked me out on a date the first time. We tried to keep our relationship hidden but eventually my family found out. Camille and Stevan absolutely hated the idea of me growing so close to what was essentially a stranger." Eliza recalls with a bit of a smirk at having annoyed her siblings. Taking a small break from their story telling, Caitlyn returns several minutes later with tea and cakes.

"I’ll never get over how someone as sweet as you can be related to people like Camille and Stevan. Sure I’ve seen you get serious but they’ve always seemed so cold. Do you have any more stories you’d like to share? Maybe about how you got the recipe for these tea cakes?” The investigator asks before she acts a bit unladylike and takes a large bite of the snacks. Giggling together for a bit, the elderly woman starts to retell Monte’s first time meeting her family; along with how he passed on to her his recipe for cupcakes.

TotH

Having spent the last few months training his abilities, but mostly seeing Eliza, Monte has regained his confidence and is heading to watch over a protest in Zaun. Taking up a position on the nearby rooftops, the Hooded watches as hundreds have formed a picket line outside of a hextech processing facility near the Factorywood District. Despite having genuine concern for the worker’s safety, Monte is also doing this as a means of passing time before a high risk meeting later today. Pulling out a scope, the Gunner watches as things seem to be going accordingly with the worker naturally being barred from the factory just in case by Wardens. Taking a bite from some cookies his girlfriend made him, the Zaunite almost misses a figure moving on the nearby roof as he chokes on the dry treats. Sneaking closer to the cloaked figure, his hopes at this being a random sump snipe are dashed when the tall woman pulls out a rifle and takes aim. Reacting as fast as he can, Monte tears the rifle out of the gas mask wearer’s hands but not before she can get a shot off. Despite stopping her from killing anyone the damage is already done as the officers hear the shot and begin crowd control measures. As everyone below is sent into a panic, the Hooded is kicked onto his back before he starts to pursue the mysterious shooter across Zaun’s rooftops. Watching the sniper use a grappling hook to descend into the chaos below, Monte uses his own Coercion line to do the same before armoring up to move through the crowds. By the time all the screaming, shouting, and gunshots have quieted down, the indigo haired man and his target have ended up near the Wharfside Docks.

"Stop running right now!" Monte yells as a warning before firing a flintlock at the woman's feet. Swapping over to a revolver, the Hooded slowly approaches the cloaked stranger before asking, "Why did you shoot into the crowd back there? What do you gain from doing that?".

"My motives are not your concern." Is all the mystery woman tells him before roundhouse kicking at Monte. This only serves to confuse the Hooded since he made sure to stay out of her immediate range; until Monte sees a glint on her heel.

From near the woman’s foot, a curved blade of Ionian make suddenly juts out and cuts a wide space in front of her. Flinging himself backwards, Monte narrowly avoids the blade as it comes near his throat. Landing on his back once more, the lobster armored Hooded swiftly rolls over to avoid the follow up ax kick before sweeping out her feet. Rolling away to create space, the Zaunite manages to get onto his feet in time to watch the masked woman enter a handstand. Quickly pulling out a second revolver, the Hooded then starts to parry the woman’s strikes as she starts to spin around with her blade equipped legs. Managing to buy enough time for an opening, Monte manages to grab one of her feet but has to let her go when she turns to perform a corkscrew kick. Trying to shoot her while she’s recovering, the Gunner manages to force his opponent onto her back. As he lines up his aim to take another shot, the mysterious sniper positions for a prone kip up. To his shock, the woman in a feat of grace, speed, and skill not only sends herself into dropkick but also manages to activate her foot glaives so they fully extend. Forced to literally bend over backwards, Monte succeeds in dodging his opponent’s sneak attack but not without having his helmet nicked on the cheek. Turning over into a prone position, the Zaunite hesitates to shoot when he notices a familiar icey blue eye underneath one of the masked stranger’s lenses. Snapping out of it, the Hooded starts to open fire at the evasive woman who decides to throw down a smoke bomb. Moving clear of the smoke screen as fast as he can, Monte is unable to find the stranger afterwards. Hoping to find a clue about where she might have gone, the indigo haired man manages to find a few droplets of blood where he shot at her but nothing more.

Pulling out a stopwatch and seeing it read as almost thirteen bells, Monte decides to call it quits for today and heads to an appointment he has. Barely managing to make it on time to the new gun shop he was seeking, Shot in the Gray, the tired Hooded obtains his order. Taking it out of it’s case, the Gunner takes in the sight of his new gun; the Ibex. Powered by chem-tech and alchemy, the twin barreled rifle is capable of putting out automatic fire. After testing out the drum fed weapon at the shop’s indoor range, Monte leaves satisfied and goes to a nearby bath house to clean up.

The time is now around eighteen bells and the Zaunite has managed to make his way to the Bluewind Court. Feeling a bit out of place in the district of Piltover’s elites, Monte fixes up his suit the best he can while trying to ignore all the differences from home. He eventually fails at this when the lack of litter, beggars, and general peacefulness starts to disgust him a bit; not by the Piltoverian’s fortunes but rather the fact they hold Zaun to such low standards. Realizing that he should make some kind of gesture for Eliza, the man gets her some white and purple snapdragons before hiring a carriage for the evening. Eventually he is dropped off at the Ferros Clan mansion and Monte finds himself greeted by Eliza in a long purple gown. Seeing how beautiful she looks in her dress, the Hooded wishes that his suit would stop absorbing his other clothes; not that it looks bad on him in his humble opinion, plus the magical clothing’s temperature control lets him know that he’s sweating out of nervousness.

"Are you nervous? I can tell them you got held up at umm where do you work again?" Eliza inquires of her sweating boyfriend. Seeing him frozen in terror, the Piltoverian woman giving him a quick peck on the cheek to snap him out of it.

"At a trade company. It’s not much right now but I have plans on expansions." Monte manages to splutter out before taking his hat off and fanning himself. Ignoring how sweaty her heartthrob's hands are, the artificer takes his hand and helps him calm down.

Once Monte’s panic attack passes the pair walk inside and make their way to the main dining hall. Awaiting them at the head of the long table are Eliza’s parents, Rhodri and Gemma, as well as her younger sibling, Stevan. Doing his best to ignore the aura of disgust radiating from the youngest Ferros, Monte is relieved that he is at least getting along with her parents. They are getting along so well in fact that the couple even starts to embarrass Eliza after going into details about her introverted lifestyle and childhood. As their middle child starts to desire death, the eldest of the Ferros children arrives.

"Forgive me for my tardiness, everyone. I was forced to take the long route home due to an interference at the excavation site. Oh, we have a guest. Hello sir, my name is Camille." The eldest Ferros child says after she enters from the kitchen doors. Hoping to get off on the right foot, Monte extends his hand to greet her but puts it down when she quickly takes a seat. Just as he is about to tell her off for being rude though Monte catches a whiff of a familiar smell; blood.

Following his instincts, the Zaunite chooses to simply take a seat instead and let the evening play out. Luckily for him, and Stevan’s shoes, despite his nerves Monte is able to get through dinner and the house tour without any issues; like vomiting from nerves several times. Before he even knows it the time is twenty one bells and the Hooded decides now is a good time to leave. Wanting to strike up a conversation with her special guest, Eliza decides to escort Monte to the front gate. Seeing the carriage awaiting him, the hostess slips her guest some coins to help pay.

"Well that went as well as it could. Also on behalf of Stevan's shoes and myself, thank you for holding yourself together. Teehee tell me Monte, was it the highly regarded gentry that made you nervous or something else?" Eliza flirts with a confidence forged from several glasses of wine. Almost getting turned into a blushing mess, the Hooded notices the Ferros woman stumble a bit and catches her. Meanwhile inside of the house, Rhodri is overlooking the entrance while Camille takes a seat in his study.

"I take it you accomplished your mission, despite any unwanted interference?" The patriarch asks of his oldest.

"Yes, sir." Camille answers professionally, after all she knows these exchanges are completely business.

"Who tried to stop you? Were they a part of another clan?" Rhodri inquires while running through the possibilities in his head.

"They were wearing armor but it didn't have any marks on it. It seems they also had a fondness for firearms but lacked any other real combat skills. I completely outclassed them when we faced off." The eldest sibling informs Rhodri while allowing a small smile of pride.

"OH, so you killed him and we’re going to see them in the obituaries as someone who washed up in the canal? Or did you perhaps retreat once you were shot and they survived?" The clearly disappointed and annoyed father rhetorically asks her while holding back from shouting. Before Camille can explain or excuse herself, Rhodri places a hand on her shoulder and shows her his worry; for both the Ferros and her safety. "Listen to me Camille, I’m both grateful and proud of you for hiding your identity and escaping. However a witness can complicate things and you’re going to be this clan chief intelligencer one day; so please make sure you don’t repeat these kinds of mistakes. Now then, next time you encounter this opponent I want you to make sure to finish them off. Show Piltover, Zaun, and the world that the Ferros don’t take kindly to interference from anyone." Camille's father lectures her before the now ashamed woman responds in the only way she can, "Yes, father."

Back outside, Monte starts to step into his carriage when Eliza quickly grabs his hand. “Monte, wait! I was curious if you’d like to come with me to a new restaurant that is opening soon?"

Closing the carriage compartment, Monte leans out the window and answers with a simple, "Yes. Even if your family kind of hates me." Before giving his girlfriend a smile and the pair wave goodbye as he leaves for the Rising Howl. Breathing a sigh of relief that she feels the same as him, the indigo haired man feels confident about their date; after all it should be fine with just the two of them.

TotH

"My great grandparents died not too long after that if I remember right. It must have been a tough time for you all." Caitlyn recalls as she finishes cleaning the dishes. Once the last chores are finished, the private investigator proceeds to help Eliza into her bath so she can get ready for bed.

"You’re correct about that Caity but Monte was there for me. I wish I could say the same for Camille though. She blamed herself for it and became obsessed with looking for ways to improve herself as the clan’s intelligencer after that. We tried to console her and Hakim was so close to getting her out of that mindset but… you’ve seen what she is now. I think her increased coldness and ruthlessness after her operation even managed to scare off Monte." The blind woman confesses to her granddaughter as she steps into her bath. Helping to undo her elder’s hair, Caitlyn gets a rather scandalous question on her mind.

“Do you think he tried to elope with someone else? I know it’s preposterous but did you ever think that?” She jokingly asks her grandmother with a bit of a giggle afterwards. Eliza joins in with a light hearted laugh soon after and tells Caitlyn that she only ever got scared of such a thing once. “I remember when he introduced me to a logistics coordinator of his. She was this elfin woman who loved the color red, luckily for everyone involved she was just a good friend. I would’ve walloped both of them otherwise if he was cheating on me.”

TotH

Deep in the Sump levels of Zaun, a battered Monte is stumbling through a series of alleys while constantly keeping an eye above him.

Earlier today he was setting some explosive charges to disable a Hextech facility that was pumping out an abundance of the Gray. Hearing a window creaking open, the armored Hooded turned to face his opponent and nearly had his head taken off via a blade. Before he could even pull out one of his guns to defend himself, another blade quickly follows the first and cuts him across the eye. Falling onto his back, Monte screams in agony before rolling away and blind firing at his foe with a pistol. Not wanting to get caught in the potential blast, the Zaunite retreats outside and launches a Coercion line at a nearby building. This escape fails though as his attacker soon latches onto his back and starts punching him in the back of the head. Losing control of his tendril, Monte soon finds himself launching towards a series of pipes and plummeting down a gap. Falling out of control the Hooded ends up slamming into several pipes onto the way down before careening into an alley. Breaking over six ribs along with his right hand and knee cap in the fall, the armored man hopes to have at least escaped from his pursuer only to hear someone moving above. Shambling to a nearby wall, Monte lobs a Revolutionary Energy Grenade at the pipes above to seal them shut with an explosion. Not wanting to test his luck further, the Zaunite begins to flee through the cramped alleyways he grew up in while looking around him for surprise attacks. Nearing the end of the alley he is in, Monte also reaches the end of his luck when the figure from earlier lands in front of him. Standing there with a hextech heart, blades in place of her shins and feet, and orange eyes that soon turn their usual blue is an augmented Camille. Staring into her cold, piercing eyes, Monte isn’t even given a chance to beg for mercy when the cyborg continues her attacks.

Grabbing him by the head, Camille displays an usual amount of savagery when she proceeds to bash her target’s head against the nearby brickwork repeatedly. Not stopping until his makeshift helmet is heavily dented, the intelligencer then throws him into the open and near one of the safety barricades overlooking the canal below. Stalking towards the injured man, the Piltoverian easily catches his left arm when he tries to desperately pistol whip her. Breaking the offending limb with ease, the cybernetic warrior then punches him in the face before slamming both of her knees into his chest. Forcing him to roll with her, Camille then kicks him off of her once he is on top and launches him into the canal hundreds of feet below. With her target eliminated, the Ferros intelligencer heads back for more orders and to report her success; not even taking any satisfaction in finishing off an old problem.

Several miles downstream, a chimera creature composed of crocodile and beetle parts emerges from the canal. Opening it’s mouth filled with writhing needles, the monster deposits the broken and barely breathing body of Monte onto the shore. Watching over the defeated Hooded for a bit, the creature’s vigil is soon broken when a woman emerges from the nearby brush. Dressed in a crimson flapper dress and carrying a pair of high heels, Sangwen takes a knee beside the broken Hooded and checks his vitals.

"Good job Clorbach. Hmm he's definitely weaker than the last Hooded but with time I can fix that. Along with your broken umm everything." The redhead with blonde stripes notes before pulling out a pair of clawed gloves from her satchel. Putting them on, her hands quickly begin to glow red before she plunges them into the broken man's body.

TotH

Taking over a week to wake up, Monte finds himself lying on a king sized bed in his suit form and with a strange pink creature looking over him. Having never seen a yordle before, the Hooded initially thinks that she is some sort of mutant furry child in a maid outfit. Not wanting to startle the creature, Monte tries to talk with her only for the maid to scream in surprise and throw a wet rag at his face. Taking it off just in time to see the maid phase through a wall, the Gunner hears some shouting outside his room before San bursts into the room with her gloves on.

"Monte, if you touched Annabelle inappropriately I swear I will flay you one inch at a time! Also nice to see you’re awake again, welcome to the land of the living. Do you want some coffee, maybe some hard liquor?" The hemomancer asks with a smile before Monte quickly looks away in embarrassment. Taking a second to remember she has no clothes on, San calls for some assistance from Annabelle who brings her a towel.

"Sangwen, please tell me where the hell am I and why are you naked?!" Monte shouts in a fit of annoyance and anger. It also comes from a place of fear as the last thing he remembers is Camille throwing him into the canal; he also hopes that his disguise wasn’t destroyed and that Eliza isn’t being hurt because of him.

"To answer your first question we are currently in my manor hidden near Noxus Prime. As for the second question, well because it’s my house. Also it’s just San, I like to add random endings to it so people don’t think twice if I come back to a place decades later looking the same." The ancient blood mage adds before telling Monte about how old she is. Upon hearing her real age, the Zaunite needs a moment to take in all the information he is receiving and lays down.

"Okay I’m ready to wake up now. Seriously, either today has been one bad dream or I’m dead." Monte groans before San corrects him that it's been a week. Hearing this, the Hooded immediately starts to scramble out of his bed before San uses her gloves wires to restrain him. "San, let me go now! I need to let Eliza know I'm okay and see if Camille knew who I was."

"And what are you going to do if Camille does somehow know who you were and that you’re still alive? If you go back to Piltover now you’re not going to need a hemomancer but a necromancer next time you fight her. Besides, you're still too injured to make the trip and I have a proposition for you." San calmly counters the Hooded’s outburst with logic and reasoning. Realizing what she says is true, Monte calms down a bit before the Hemomancy Healer delivers her ultimatum.

In exchange for healing him, San demands that Monte at minimum trains with her for the next six months. She agrees to house him, feed him, teach him, and even promises him a day off once he has earned it. In return he is to not contact anyone without her permission, do what she asks of him, and can’t return to Piltover or Zaun until she says so. Realizing he has no other choice, the novice Hooded agrees and the two forge a blood pact to seal the deal.

For the next four and a half months Monte would find himself tested physically, mentally, and spiritually each day as follows. For his physical rehabilitation and training, San would take him to the peaks of Mount Targon. Here where the air is thin she would unleash a barrage of flailing wire attacks at him and force Monte to either evade or learn to take her hits. After a morning of intense reconditioning, the Gunner is then given an afternoon of mental training. Having spent months as his logistics coordinator, San has found Monte to be lacking in the academics department. Despite loving paperwork and logistics as well as having a talent for it, the amount of errors that she has had to correct have clearly gotten to the optimistic woman. Once she has proven herself both an able combatant and a stern teacher, the blood mage passes on the spiritual lessons over to her fellow instructor and old companion; the Hood itself. Taking it’s current wearer into the depths of his soul, the Zaunite is tasked to look into who he is and what traits define him the most; only then can mastery and control over Personal Energy truly begin.

"Gaze into the abyss within. Good, now tell us what you see.” The Hood instructs its current wearer while taking the form of it’s previous user the Knight. Meditating on this task like he usually does, Monte sees a cavern of crystals forming around him. “Now that you see the crystalline manifestation of your power, pay attention to the feelings and voices that come from them. What do you know?”

"They tell me how brash I am. About how my arrogance has led people to their deaths. The less guttural voices sing praises of my reliability. How I wish to be dependable for those around me so I can have a solid foundation for the home I make. Listening to both though, I see how it amounts to me being charismatic to my core; a tool that I have used to convince people to follow me for as long as I can remember even when I doubted myself.” Realizing his core, worst, and best traits, the cavern within Monte’s soul begins to hum with green, orange and brown earthly light. Having reasserted what makes him who he is, the Gunner Hooded can truly start his training regimen with his Revolutionary Energy.

Waking up before the sun can rise, Monte walks towards the kitchen to eat but along the way finds San reading a novel on her couch. Smelling chocolates from the kitchen, the Hooded in training spots Annabelle walking by with a tray of brownies. Offering him one, the yordle spirit then walks to her mistress and gives the hemomancer a bottle of Rakkor 675 AN.

"This is unusual. San shouldn’t we be getting ready to go to Targon by now? Also are those pot brownies?’ A confused Monte asks his normally firm instructor before taking another one of the treats. Pausing her Zaunite friend’s questions by raising a finger, the Shuriman woman drinks the bottle in it’s entirety before taking a brownie for herself.

"Ahh that's good wine. Monte as you may recall I said you could get a cheat day from your training. Now I’m curious, what are you going to do on your day off? Unless you’re one of those jackasses that want to work until they die, sorry fools." The ancient blood mage ponders before turning to see him already leaving. Watching him get spruced up for the day, the supernatural pair watch as Monte takes a bouquet with him before leaving for the gateway room.

At around eight bells, Eliza is finishing up getting dressed with her overalls when she hears a knock on the door. Storming to the front of her new personal manor, as she could not stand to be around her siblings anymore, the artificer prepares to chew out whoever is delaying her from getting to the lab.

“Good morning Eli, I brought you some egg and muffins sandwiches for breakfast. Sorry it took me so long to get here. I like your new place.” A man who looks like Monte tells the annoyed woman. Snatching away the bag filled with food, the blonde believes this to be nothing more than a ploy from her siblings to monitor her.

“Look I don’t know how much they’re paying you but I know Monte died in a fire several months ago. So please report back to my siblings to fuck right off and that I’m not going back to that mad house they call a home!” Eliza shouts at the visitor before slamming the door in his face. Barely slamming a thickly armored foot in the way, Monte uses an equally armored hand to give her a bouquet of white and purple snapdragons.

"Eliza, please let me in so I can explain everything. I hurt you badly in my own way but let me tell you what really happened. During one of my revolutionary excursions Camille fought with me and left me for dead. Trust me when I say that I would’ve come sooner if I could but I need you to trust me one last time.” Monte soberly begs the Piltoverian woman before him. Extending the flowers he brought with him as a peace offering, the Zaunite can only wait for a reply.

“You’re like these are my favorites. Now get in here quickly and you’ve got five minutes to explain. It better be good.” The blonde woman bluntly tells the indigo haired man before opening the door fully. Against her better judgment she leads him to her living room and the pair talk.

Here Monte confesses that he is actually from Zaun and that after living in the Sump level he became involved in gang activity followed by revolutionary activity. He goes on to explain that the day they met was after a botched attempt to perform an armed protest. After meeting her though he started to ease up on his revolutionary impulses and was considering leaving for good. Using all of his old connections, Monte was hoping to grow his business enough that he could give her as good of a life as she currently had. It was during this time that he heard a new factory was directly dumping waste into his old neighborhood and he impulsively tried to destroy it. That was the day Camille nearly killed him before he was saved by his logistics coordinator who turned out to be an ancient hemomancer named San. Finishing it up by telling Eliza of his training since then, he also warns her that his wounds will be finished healing soon but he will have to return to finish his pact.

Slapping him across the face for lying to her, Eliza then asks him how much time do they have together. Rubbing his stinging cheek, Monte tells her that he will have until the following sunrise before he is dragged back. Watching her leave, the Hooded feels despair at being rejected before a bag of ice hits him in the head. Telling him to put that on his cheek, the Ferros lady kisses him on the other before changing for a day out on the town with her partner. Now knowing her Zaunite lover’s time limit, the Piltoverian woman wants to make sure they make the most of it.

TotH

"Eventually he had to go finish up his business trip but before that he left me with something special. Despite me moving away, Camille and Stevan were furious upon finding out I was pregnant with your mother. At first they were insistent that I abort her but Monte and Sangwen were steadfast in supporting me in keeping Cassandra." The elderly woman tells Caitlyn before tucking herself in. Knowing it's time to leave for the night, Caitlyn hugs her grandmother and heads home. Drifting to sleep with ease, Eliza recalls the day Monte proposed to her and fought with Camille to defend Cassandra.

TotH

With her younger sister Eliza sleeping in the back of a carriage, Camille steps out to get her an appointment at a nearby clinic. Approaching the building’s doors, the cyborg senses a disturbance before leaping back as two chemtech empowered bullets hit the ground where she was at. Walking down the street with the Ibax aimed at the intelligencer, Monte has finished his training and is ready for their rematch. Motioning for Camille to walk with him, the cyborg responds by telling the driver to wait there before following the Hooded. Looking at her opponents thicker and better crafted armor Camile can already tell this won’t be as easy. Walking until they eventually come to a dilapidated building near the cliffs overlooking Zaun, the pair stop to talk.

"I find it fascinating how seemingly difficult it is for me to kill you. For that I must congratulate you for such a feat Monte. So are you going to try and shoot at me now? Maybe go off about how Piltover is killing Zaun or about how you’ve waited to claim your revenge?” Camille dismissively inquires of Monte; her only reason for talking being to buy time so she can scan the nearby area.

"Impressive that you managed to figure out my secret identity; it only took you years to do so. As for my motivations, I want you to not hurt my baby or your sister. I’m willing to pay a dowry if your family wishes but I am willing to result in other forms of “negotiation”.” Monte calmly informs the Ferros intelligencer. He knows that even if the worst case scenario happens San is already waiting to defend Eliza.

"I will have to say no to your current offer. At this point it’s more of a matter of principle than anything. After all, it could severely damage clan Ferros’ image if one of it’s potential successors was found out to be some hybrid bastard. For the sake of my clan, my sister, and Piltover I can not allow it to be born; or for you to continue living." Is all the cybernetic woman says before charging Monte. Opening fire with the Ibex, Monte notices that his bullets seem to be stopping short of their target.

With Camille closing the distance quickly, Monte decides to meet her head on and change his tactics. Watching her moments closely, the Hooded rushes forward as the cyborg goes for a roundhouse kick and grabs her leg. Picking her up, he then starts to run towards the cliff while ignoring her elbows to the head. Throwing them both off the edge, the pair then start to trade blows while plummeting to the streets below. Pulling her closer with a Coercion line to deliver a clothesline, Monte notices something emerge from Camille’s thigh. Narrowly avoiding a grapple line to the stomach, he then turns midair to see his opponent latching safely to the cliffside. Getting an idea, the Hooded lets himself crash into a nearby construction site. A minute later the Ferros intelligencer goes to investigate the last spot she saw Monte in and finds a pile of debris. Slowly approaching the stack of rubble, her suspicions are confirmed when a blast sends several of the bricks and shards of concrete towards her. Quickly taking cover behind a nearby wall, the Piltoverian isn’t able to see Monte rushing towards her with an orb of Revolutionary energy in hand. Reacting faster than a human should, the Steel Shadow quickly tries to kick Monte’s head off but misses as he ducks under her. Releasing the ball of personal energy, the Gunner sends the cybernetic woman flying out of a nearby window. Landing in the nearby street, Camille feels her personal shielding lowering as it needs to recharge. Snapping to her feet and dusting herself off, the Piltoverian woman glares in annoyance at the Zaunite walking towards her. Summoning his Ibex once more, Monte takes aim at the already maneuvering assassin. Using her Hookshot, the blonde quickly draws herself to a nearby wall before spingboarding off of it towards her target. Barely raising his gun to shield his head, the Hooded avoids having his head snapped off by her scissor kick. Ever one to adapt, the Ferros woman quickly puts him into a guillotine hold but notices Monte grabbing onto her legs despite this. Not wanting to give her a chance to use her lethal kicks, the Gunner quickly starts slamming Camille into anything he can. Eventually he smashes her through a window and starts to slam her until it is wide open. Starting to feel actual pain, the Steel Shadow grabs a nearby shard of glass and shoves it into the right eye of Monte’s helmet. Forced to let her go and fall back, Monte can only hope that San is good with eyes and wonders if she is okay with Eliza. Watching Camille emerge from the window, he forces himself to mentally get back in the fight.

Ready to resume their battle, Camille dashes around Monte and back into the construction site. Following her, the Hooded barely raises his arms in time to block a swing from a makeshift club of concrete and rebar. Despite having improved his armored form over the last six months, the Zaunite still feels his left forearm break as he is knocked down. Knowing this means his stamina is starting to fail him, the Gunner starts to look for a way to finish this fight. Rolling towards a nearby wall as she tries to crush his head, the indigo haired man waits for Camille to swing again before making his move. Waiting until she is raising her improvised weapon once more to finish him, the Gunner quickly retrieves a handful of bullets between the fingers of his right hand. Charging the rounds with Revolutionary Energy he is able to force them to fire and scores several direct hits to Camille’s stomach. Dropping her weapon, the normally cold woman feels a burning sensation in her abdomen and clutches it. Seeing his chance, Monte restrains Camille’s hands with a nearby rope before using a Coercion line to lift them back up to Piltover.

Half a bell passes before the two injured and exhausted combatants arrive back at the front of the clinic. Standing there is a now fully awake Eliza and a doting San; one awaiting to heal the pair of their injuries and the other to scold her sister.

"Sister, it is well past time we talked. Monte and me are in love with each other and there is nothing you, Stevan, or anyone can do to change that. We are going to be keeping this baby and we will be living separate from the Ferros from now on. I want you to know that despite all of this I still love you because you are my sister and I remember all that you’ve done for me. Maybe one day you will reconsider your stance on our child and be allowed to become a part of it’s life. Until then I will be waiting and I wish you nothing but the best.” Eliza tells her sister before putting a hand to her slightly bulging tummy. Finishing her speech at the same time that San finishes healing the pair, the soon to be mother watches as Camille glares at Monte who soon takes Eliza’s side.

"You’ll have to wait a very long time then Eliza. I should’ve realized that you would be this stubborn. I suppose I should leave soon, especially with Monte and his mage friend backing you up. She is in your care now Zaunite and I doubt I’ll be able to change her mind now, especially with how stubborn Ferros women can be. Farewell.” Camille concedes to the pair before using her Hookshot to leave. Stopping just out of sight of the trio, the cyborg woman focuses on rejecting the sudden swell of emotions consuming her.

“She is still nearby. Monte isn’t there something you wanted to ask Eliza here?” San reminds her friend before handing him a small box. Watching him take a knee, Monte’s partner realizes what is coming next and hugs him while telling him, “Yes.”.

TotH

Walking through the halls of Hell’s Castle in the present, an older Monte begins to see flashes of his life before his eyes. Events ranging from the birth of his daughter Cassandra to finding Nita hiding in the Noxian sewers and even his death make themselves known to him as he fires at the area’s knightley defenders. As dozens of bodies fall around him the man is assaulted by one last set of images; missing his daughter’s wedding, having the Numerals stolen from him and Nita crying after killing him in a haze of madness. Shaking his head clear of these disturbing thoughts meant to confuse any intruders, the Gunner manages to make his way into Hell’s personal garden. Stepping past the surrounding flowers that smell of iron, Monte drops his armor upon seeing Lady Hell and Nita waiting for him.

"You know Monte, if you wanted to use the portal to make a call you could’ve just asked. I would’ve been more than willing to let you commune with Eliza.” Nita tells her mentor before exiting an almond cookie. Dispelling the Ibex from his hands, Monte sighs before taking a seat on a nearby bench.

"I know but if I don’t have some good excuse for why I can’t see her all the time she’d kick my ass. Sorry about the dead knights Lady Hell, can I please use the communication spell so I can talk with my wife on our anniversary?” Monte requests with as convincing of a smile as he can on his face. Watching the southern belle put down her tea cup, the entity agrees but only under specific conditions; especially since she’d like to annoy Nita just a bit.

Several hours after Caitlyn has left Eliza wakes up after feeling a disturbance in her room. Looking towards the doorway, despite being blind the elderly can sense the familiar presence of a Hooded nearby. Illuminating the room by making his right hand glow with Pumpkin Energy, Caleb walks towards the old woman to deliver her present.

"Hello Miss Eliza, it’s Nita’s protege here. Apparently some geniuses decided to wake me up in the middle of the night to give you something special. Now can you please take my hands so I can send you into the Hood.” Caleb asks of the elder woman who puts her trust in the latest of the Hooded line. It doesn’t take long before Eliza finds herself standing outside of a small house and she walks inside.

Looking around and using her sight for the first time in years, Eliza sees her younger self staring back in a nearby mirror. Walking around a bit more, the former Ferros woman finds herself in a sparsely decorated room. Searching the spartan room she is able to find sacks filled with various currencies, board games, a Shuriman translation guide, and a manual for teaching basic literacy lying around. Deciding to look outside, the blonde woman opens up a nearby window’s curtains and sees a large amber crystal outside. A constellation of blue eyes then stares at the small woman who then falls backwards in surprise. Before she can hit the ground though a familiar set of arms catch her. Looking up at her hero, Eliza is unable to hold back her tears as she sees Monte’s face once again. Wiping away his love’s tears, the former Hooded holds her tightly until they are both ready to talk to each other again.

Awaiting the elderly woman’s return, Caleb decides to take a seat on her bed until his vision returns. Apparently until Eliza finishes her meeting with Monte, Hell has taken it upon herself to make it so he is to be blinded until the commune spell is over. Wondering how Caleb is doing, Levia asks him, ‘How long should we give them?’, to which he replies back, “As long as they need.”.

TotH

Receiving a letter from her parents to bring a gift to Eliza, Caitlyn stops by their workshop the next day. Seeing Cassandra working on the finishing touches on the phone she intends to give her mother for her anniversary, the Investigator walks in without announcing herself. Hearing footsteps behind her, the Kiraman matriarch pulls out her revolver from under her workbench but lowers it upon seeing her daughter.

“Damn it all Caitlyn, you should have said something when you came in here! Forgive me for snapping at you dear. I had to work all night on the voice transmitter and I got a bit worried “C” might have sent someone again. Have you been eating well?” The middle aged woman asks the private investigator while putting her gift into a box. She does all of this while Caitlyn has her rifle ready to hip fire after her instincts kicked in.

“I should apologize as well, I was inconsiderate and should’ve been more careful; especially since I got my rifle mastery from you after all. Also yes mother I have been eating well. Hahaha, you just reminded me of how aunt Nita would get me to eat my vegetables when I was younger. She’d tell me to do it or else a ghost would eat my desserts. You know, grandma told me stories about grandfather yesterday but I wonder if you could tell me about Nita? Like how did he find her?” The ever curious Caitlyn inquires of her mother while being handed the box. Taking a moment to think about it, Cassandra has an automaton bring her some tea for the pair before she starts to explain her version of how her father met Nita.

TotH

Surrounded by a dozen bodies and searching each of them for the money they stole, Monte hears a sound come from the basement of the house he’s in. Having spent the last week tracking down some thieves to Noxus Prime, the Hooded refuses to let any of them escape with what’s his. Running down the stone steps, he sees a haphazardly placed panel and upon lifting it up finds a tunnel leading into the sewers. Hopping after the escapee, Monte lights his way with a glow of Revolutionary Energy. Hearing the sound of running nearby, the Gunner turns and races towards it. Eventually he comes across a pair of merchants stalking towards some unseen prey. Turning off his aura, Monte observes the two men until one of them points a torch at a nearby crevice in the walls.

“There you are, you little bitch. Jenson, grab her glak!” The man in green isn’t even able to finish his sentence before the necklace he is wearing starts to strangle him. Realizing the girl is a mage, Jenson tries to rush her but is shot in the back before he can.

“What kind of a person chases a girl into the sewers? Hey little lady I can’t see you very well in there, can you step out into my light.” Monte asks after walking up and reigniting his orb. From the crack in the walls comes a girl less than ten with her hair in braids. Dispelling his weapon, the Hooded walks slowly towards the Noxian child and holds out his non-glowing hand. “What is your name little lady?”

“Nita.” She tells her mysterious helper before she starts to limp away. Feeling a tug on her arm, Nita looks down and sees a tendril sticking to her. “Let go of me, now.” The child growls out while staring straight into Monte’s eyes.

“You can see past my illusions can’t you? ‘What illusions?’ So you can. You don’t look like you’re doing too well little lady so how about I help you out? Let me give you a deal you can’t refuse.” The Zaunite offers the scowling girl that is trying to kill him by staring daggers at him. Releasing his tether on her, the Noxian child looks at the indigo haired man with suspicion.

“Fine but only because I’m not going home and it’s not like I’ve got anything to lose.” The so far laconic girl informs Monte before he motions for her to follow him. He can only hope that the clearly abused child gets along with Cassandra. Laughing to himself at how Cassandra has been asking for a sibling, the Zaunite turns and stops upon noticing Nita start to fall behind. Picking her up, the girl displays a clear aversion to touch as she starts to struggle in his hold before eventually settling into a barely calm enough buddle. “Don’t worry Nita, you ain’t gonna be hurt while I’m able to help it. Now come on, let’s get San to fix you up. I’ve also got someone around your age who I’d like you to meet.”

XxxX

A/N Howdy everyone and I hope you’re doing well. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you can please check out the REbooted Manual, it’s recently been completed with numbers and I’d like to see which of the OC champions you liked the most. I’d also like to see which of the former Hooded you’d like to see explored more in potential future updates. As for the main story I’m thinking up something for the newest and I’m still looking to update some of the older chapters. Anyways again I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope to see you all again soon.

Chapter 7: REconnect

Chapter Text

A/N Not much to say for this chapter besides I hope you all enjoy it. Anyways I’ve got a couple of polls up for you guys, one is the usual picking your favorite OC champions from the Gaming Manual and the new one on Strawpoll is for which Special do you all want next.

Starring: Riven, Caleb, Levia, Cathy, Aki, Sona, PsyOps Sona, The Koblinoids Squadron, PsyOps Yi, PsyOps Caleb, Mecha Ops Nidalee, PsyOps Shen, Battle Boss Samira, Rival Boss Quinn, and Dark Summon Valor

Cameos and mentions: Nidalee, Dahn, Metto and Layka, Pumsha, Varus, and PsyOps Ezreal

XxxX

After helping the late Monte with his anniversary gift, Caleb decided it was time to meet up with his love interests. Tracking Nidalee to north of the manor and telling her of his idea for a polycule relationship. Bracing for harsh criticism, the Hooded is pleasantly surprised when the Huntress easily accepts his idea; she notes how they already share shelter together and protect the pack as one. When he presses her on the idea of sharing him with the others she dismisses him on the basis of pragmatism. Realizing Nidalee also may lack the stigma known for such relationships in some areas of the world, Caleb decides to take his win and teleports to Ionia. For the next fifteen minutes Shava and Asa watch as their daughter and her friend enter a series of fierce negotiations. When the Exile brings up the issue of long distance relationships, Caleb counters that he can teleport and tells her that he will make sure to see them all whenever he can. With her main concern shot down, Riven decides to discuss her terms with Caleb.

“Okay Caleb, I’ll give it a chance as long as anyone can leave this relationship should it please them. No one should be forced to stay in a group they don’t like after all.” Riven firmly states before Shava tells them to hurry up so she can have grandchildren. Doing his best to ignore the elderly woman, Caleb agrees with the Noxian before teleporting back to his house.

CRSN

“YES! Nidalee is on board and Riven is willing too. I’m not gonna lie, Levia. I thought I was gonna vomit on that poor ox because of how nervous I was.” Caleb confesses before taking a seat in his study. Projecting herself out of his Hood, the ethereal serpent curls up on his desk and glares at him to see if he is telling the truth.

‘Mortals are such funny creatures, still I suppose it’s good they didn’t reject you. Seriously if they did I bet you would’ve gone into hiding to cry for a bit. So how are you going to get Sona on board? After all it’s not like you know each other this time.’ Levia notes with a hint of genuine doubt. When Caleb asks her what she means her response is, ‘It's just that while you’ve been able to forge bonds with Riven and Nidalee you haven’t been doing the same with Sona. I mean sure you saved Barrett but you have no personal connection to her in this timeline.’

“Levia did you know you were this shit at lying or are you trying to make a bad joke? Seriously, she was one of the first people I met after getting out of the oceans. Not to mention I brought her to my birthday party.” Caleb fires back in a fit of annoyance. His paranoia only increases however when The Hood itself agrees with Levia.

Angered by the entities and their collusion, Caleb storms out of his study to the Sleipnir’s lounge where he hopes to settle things. Asking his friends if any of them talked with Sona or saw her at his party they all agreed that none of them did. Hearing this shatters the last of the Hooded’s denial before his head violently snaps back and forth. Placing a hand to his nose, Caleb notices blood before he vomits and collapses.

“Oh shit! Metto call San! Aki I need you to go to her and bring her here right away! Come on DAHN we need to flip him so he doesn’t choke and see if we can stabilize him!” Cathy orders her fellow Sleipnirs as the Hooded starts to seize on the ground. Carrying to his room towards his room, the pair pass a now terrified looking Nidalee.

CRSN

A week later, Caleb wakes up in his bed with an IV attached to him and Annabelle watching over him. With the patient awakening, the ghost yordle quickly leaves to gather the other exhausted residents of the manor. Giving San some time to check on the Hooded’s vitals, it doesn’t take long before the Sleipnirs begin to ask questions.

“Hooded, can you tell us what the hell happened to you? You started talking about Sona and suddenly had an aneurysm.” A sleep deprived Aki inquires of their leader. Taking advantage of his stability, Cathay approaches the Hooded before scanning him with her pulsefire core.

“This confirms my theory. It would appear that the Hooded is suffering from something called Memory Bleed; the difference is it was much more violent than any you guys experienced. As you know it’s not exactly pleasant to begin with, some memories overlapping others or creating blanks, but it seems to be passing. If I had to guess, he suffered it upon learning details about Sona that contradicted what he knew.” The gynoid explains after putting her core away. Running her findings with San and Dahn, the trio are able to determine that aside from some headaches for a while Caleb will be fine.

With the mystery behind Caleb’s condition solved, the other Coalitionists leave his room to go about their day or rest; all except Nidalee. Transforming into a cougar, the Bestial Huntress hops into bed with the Hooded and lays down next to him. Curling in close with her partner, the large cat begins to nuzzle him as the Demacian starts to brush her coat with his hand before kissing her forehead.

CRSN

Taking the next few days to recover some more, Caleb soon finds himself back in Ionia. Briefly visiting Riven to reassure her about his condition, the Hooded soon then ventures out to investigate Sona’s current whereabouts. His search eventually leads to him taking a boat to the island of Galrin just off the southern coast of mainland Ionia. Avoiding Pallas for fear of his mood being ruined for the rest of the trip and crossing the Ghetu Sea desert, Caleb arrives near a mountain monastery. Walking among the various catechu and bael trees lining the dirt path leading to the main building, the Demacian takes a moment to appreciate the typical Ionian architecture which looks as though it was grown as well; he also does this to gather himself while Levia monologues in his mind.

‘Look I’m just saying, if you’re constantly told that something doesn’t do something and you try to use it for that thing, you kind of deserve to get assimilated by a demonic entity.’ Levia comments as Caleb stretches a bit outside. With her rant about the Varus situation finished, the Hooded is able to make out the sounds of the etwahl. Following the gentle melody, he eventually finds himself in one of the monastery gardens; in this sitting there among the various fruit growing trees Caleb finds Sona giving a personal performance to the children.

“As amazing as I remember. Hey Levia you got any advice for me err wait a second, you can see her too right?” Caleb nervously asks the Leviathan especially after his previous false encounter. Gaining confirmation from the dark entity, the lovestruck Hooded decides to wait for the Maven to finish her performance. Taking a seat beneath a nearby apple tree, Caleb looks up to see if any are ripe when some movement catches his eyes.

“Who are you? Are you a new monk? Your clothes are weird, are you from the west?” Are the first of many questions a young boy asks while hanging upside from a branch above the Hooded. After being told by the stranger to be careful, the youth introduces himself as Bumi before his questioning of Caleb resumes.

“I can’t say my real name to just anyone but most people call me the Hooded. No, I'm not a new monk. Yes I am. Dragons are very temperamental about people riding them so I wouldn’t recommend it. No, I'm not a ninja either. Hey Bumi, didn't the monks teach you to be careful around strangers? I’m not about to hurt you or anything but you should express a bit more caution around others.” Caleb warns Bumi while keeping an eye on his branch.

“Hooded isn’t a real name.” Is all the kid can say before his perch breaks and Caleb catches him. “True, but it works for me when someone needs to thank me.” Caleb tells the Ionian boy with a smirk before gently putting him down.

 

Caleb’s attention is soon drawn from the curious orphan as the nearby sound of clapping signifies Sona’s show is over. Quickly floating over the grass beneath her, Sona stands before the pair before she begins to hastily sign to Bumi. Scolding the youngster for almost getting himself hurt, the young woman then hugs the boy before encouraging him to go play with the others. Turning to face the Hooded stranger, the Maven obliged his request to speak with her in private. Deciding to head outside of the monastery for a bit, the two Demacians are barely outside of it’s grown walls when they start to talk.

(Would you prefer we use sign language, that I talk and you write to me, or are you capable of using telepathy? The choice is yours.) Caleb asks of the now shocked mute musician before they continue their chat. Agreeing to use sign language, Sona can’t help but feel a bit nervous and sad.

(Forgive me for my caution but how do you know this language? My family, the Buvelles, invented it to help me feel at home. They only taught this to those we trusted and I’m sorry but I don’t believe we’ve met before.) The bluenette signs back in a way that tells Caleb how conflicted she feels inside. While it would be easy to assume it's all because of his nature as a stranger with rare knowledge, the Hooded knows better. Before coming here Caleb did an investigation of the true events of this timeline. From Quinn and a visit to a depressed Lestara at the Buvelle estate, the Perfect Host learned that after the death of Barrett and Kahina joining the Illuminators the Matriarch had Sona returned to Ionia to live in peace. Taking all of his will to resist hugging the saddened and scared mute, Caleb reminds himself to just go with the flow first.

(Well Sona, my name is Caleb Fleetfoot and you might have met my sister Quinn before. Anyways what I’m about to tell you is going to sound crazy but it is true. You see, recently I learned that we have never truly met before in this timeline. This concerns me because in a previous life you could say we were close, friends. I wanted to check on you because of this.) The Demacian boy manages to nervously inform her before changing his confession half way. This ends up confusing the musician for a bit before she starts to sign her reply.

(Sir Caleb, I’d like to apologize to you as I don’t remember you. You’ve also given me a lot of information to process which may take a bit. If you’d like to return then as long as you don’t hurt anyone I won’t mind. I’d also like to thank you for helping Bumi. While I have no current connection to you I feel like that is a sign that perhaps we can try to be friends; if that’s alright with you?) Sona tells the Hooded with a bit of a smile at the end. Putting her hand out, Lady Buvelle shakes hands with the stranger before they part ways. Making her way back inside of the monastery, the Maven misses as Caleb signs out one last thing before he teleports away; (I still love you.)

CRSN

A couple weeks have passed since his meeting with Sona and Caleb has fallen into such a slump that he has barely left the house. Heeding the advice of Levia he decides to head into the Multiversal Mirror Room to cheer himself up. This plan quickly goes south however as he gazes into other worlds and sees various Calebs with their respective Sonas. Realizing she needs a new plan to fix the Hooded, Levia starts to brainstorm and comes up with a couple new ideas.

‘Well maybe you should look at versions of yourself with worse fates. Orrr, because now that I said it out loud that sounds like a terrible fucking idea, you could look at other versions of yourself with similar problems. Like doesn’t High Noon Caleb go through something similar?’ A now sweating Leviathan suggests to her host.

“Yeah but he’s also really evil. I mean he’s no Abel but he’s pretty damn close to one. Like he’s pretty much describable as a lighter shade of dark since he’s at least sympathetic compared to a Demonic God. Seriously he eats other demonic entities in that multiverse, like the list includes Vilemaw, Galio, Nasus, Elise, the Watchers, and Nocturne. But yeah I wouldn’t mind trying it, let’s just hope he and the rest of the revenant gang are still wandering between realities.” Classic Caleb concludes before he starts to look for his High Noon counterpart. As he starts to search for the infernal cowboy however, the Hooded soon finds himself stuck near the OPS timelines. As he tries to figure out what is happening, a familiar figure starts to manifest next to him on the ground.

‘Where… where am I? My head hurts so much.’ Are the words that echo around the chamber, and they’ve come from the pale haired woman beside him. Helping the injured psychic to her feet, Caleb can’t help but wonder if Eccentric or one of the other Hooded had something to do with this.

“Hello madam. I’m sorry that you’re here but well this has never happened before. As in I’ve never used the Mirror and had another person manifest here; this is actually amazing.” Caleb informs the PsyOps member before he tries to inspect the gash on her head. As he moves to do so however the alternate Sona attempts to fling him back but finds she can’t.

‘What?! Are my powers failing me? You, what have you done to me and who are you working for?’ The now enraged voice of the psionic goddess shakes the room. Revealing his face to the mute, the operative is taken aback by this revelation, `Caleb, how can this be? Were we captured during the attack?’

“I am Caleb but I’m not your version of him. If you give me a moment we can take a look at your world to see what happened. Ah here we go.” The Hooded tells her before the room around them is overtaken by the world of PsyOps. Finding themselves at the bottom of a freezing chasm, the pair watch as an alternate version of Caleb in dark fatigues tries his best to wrap Sona’s head so she doesn’t bleed out.

‘I see. When the base came under attack we must have been caught in an avalanche. It would seem that my conscious mind vacated my body, I suppose I may have been looking for an answer in the multiverse. I always believed in the multiverse theory and even could imagine other versions of myself but to have it proven to me in such a way, fascinating. Speaking of other versions of myself, could you tell me where the version of me from here is?’ The PsyOps operative asks while looking around for her alternate self. It isn’t long before she realizes no one else is there as well as Caleb’s look of sadness.

“She isn’t here with me. I was actually looking to other worlds to comfort myself since we aren’t as close in this timeline.” Is the Hooded’s response before he takes a seat on a fake snow mound. Explaining recent events to the psionic protege, Caleb can’t help wondering if she’s truly listening to him as she takes in the situation before her.

‘Tell me Caleb, are you familiar with the concept of variables and constants in the multiverse? If so then tell me, how many timelines are you and me close?’ The runaway songbird inquires of the Hooded. Giving it a deep thought, Caleb realizes the error of his ways and gains a smile from the mute for it.

“You’re right Sona, considering how many universes we are together I shouldn’t let this shake me. Besides you did tell me that we could still be friends, I’ll just have to try harder to prove myself and be more.” Caleb firmly states before jumping to his feet. Watching the infiltration specialist finish wrapping his large bandana around Sona’s bleeding head, the pair start to notice her fading away.

‘That’s good to hear. Before I go, could you answer something else for me? What is the purpose of the gate that the Black Rose Group is so obsessed about?’ The mental weapon of mass destruction asks as her thoughts focus on her own timeline. Taking into account how her mind is returning to her body, Sona knows she won’t have much time left.

“Hmm from what I recall, your timeline never had Void incursions so technology was able to progress. Considering the other dimensional beings I’ve heard mentioned in my glimpses there, the widespread use of psionics, and the location of the events happening there, if I had to guess the Watchers are trying to breach your world via the BRG. You need to stop them or else your world will end and death will seem like a downright pleasant alternative compared to what will happen otherwise. Good luck.” Caleb informs the alternate Sona as a reward for her help. Sensing his seriousness about the matter, the mute communicates her thanks to him before putting her fading fist out for Caleb to bump. Seeing how much she is struggling with such basic human contact, the Hooded accepts her gesture before she fades away to her world. Now feeling better with himself and his current situation, Caleb can’t help but hope the Sleipnirs are doing alright in their recruitment mission.

CDAM

Having traveled to a volcanic island off the western coast of the Freljord, the Sleipnirs have been tasked with picking up an ancient Hooded creation as well as establishing diplomatic relations with the local Ashen Troll population. To earn the good will of their leader Pumsha, the Coalitionists have agreed to handle the local dragonkin problem. This is dually convenient for them as they are searching for a group known as Koblinoids that match the troll’s description. Leaving the village of magically gifted and surprisingly intelligent giants, the group make their way towards the bogs that the diminutive dragonkins live in. Crossing a field of birds of paradise flowers that seems to divide the island in half, the mixed bag of officers begin to feel several presences watching them. Whenever any of them try to investigate it however the aura quickly leaves before they find a freshly made hole. Despite not being able to catch their observers or find their targets, the Sleipnir Squadron refuse to leave this mission open as they know the Hooded desperately needs a morale boost. Finding another hole, the group prepares to continue their search when suddenly five pillars of lava erupt in front of them. Assuming combat ready stances, the Sleipnirs are able to make out five silhouettes amidst the fiery earth. Watching as the five figures emerge from the lava geysers and flip over their heads, the Sleipnir Squadron comes face to face with a now posing Koblinoid Squadron. At the front of his four siblings is their leader covered from head to toe in spiky obsidian and charred plate armor; he is able a seeming middle ground physically compared to the others.

“Everyone, introductions! Traeh!” The armored Koblinoid shouts before the rest of his team follows his example.

“Tairon!” The largest and most muscular of the diminutive group yells in his leathery and rock studded gi.

“Yings!” A winged Koblinoid in a catsuit calls out before quickly flying around the field and back to her spot.

“Iris!” Is the name that the smallest of the squad cheers while fixing her wizardry robes and hat.

“Tongu!” Roars the bone wearing cleric of the group before the cluster of dragonkin assumes a new group pose.

“And together we are the Koblinoid Special Squadron! Prepare to face our wrath interlopers! Tambora Beams!” They all cry out together before unleashing an array of breath weapons at the Sleipnirs. Cathy is barely able to raise her barriers and shout “Oh shit!” before they are consumed in a massive explosion and a mushroom cloud of ash rises. Caleb meanwhile is still in the mirror room and after some thinking about the Sleipnir concludes, “They’re probably fine.”

CRSN

A month passes and with the Koblinoids interfering with a Winter’s Claw incursion into Demacia and the Sleipnirs investigating strange seismic activity in Ionia, Caleb is sitting in his study with a rubik’s cube. He is in the middle trying to figure out the last two sides when the Sleipnirs send him a transmission. Answering their call for reinforcements, the Hooded arrives in Pallis and barely dodges a piece of falling debris. Racing outside of the crumbling inn and looking to the skies, Caleb is able to see what is giving the Sleipnirs so many issues. Currently leaving the portside village is an Empyrean Dragon that has been infested with Varus’ Blight. Descending from the cloudy skies Cathy and Metto stop to pick him up while Aki and Dahn use the Roc to pursue the wounded and sore covered beast. When asked about how the civilian population is doing, Layka tells the Hooded that the reason they were still in Pallis was because they were evacuating people. Satisfied with their answer, Caleb hands each of the women a Coercion line to hold onto before they fly after their draconic prey.

As the trio near the edge of the Ghetu Sea Cathy takes the time to inform the Hooded about the destruction of one of the Blight stacks. Up ahead the other Sleipnirs are attempting to destroy a second. From the ground Aki is launching Shadow Fireballs at the creature’s underside while DAHN is using the Roc’s cannon to pepper it’s back in rapid blaster fire. Eventually the Shadow Wyrm summons one of the Shadow Dragon’s fist to uppercut the monster. Despite it’s cursed regeneration and natural durability, the attack manages to completely dislocate the Empyrean’s jaw. Managing to catch sight of one of the Blight stacks hidden inside of the creature’s mouth, DAHN swings the Roc in front of the target and, using a charged shot from the Roc, is able to destroy it. The consequences of this action soon become apparent as the dragon begins to flail about in midair. These bone snapping and erratic movements are soon revealed to be a transformation of the infested creature. Raining shards of bone and masses of necrotic flesh all around it, not only is everyone forced to land but Caleb is barely able to use Spectral Form to save Aki from a torrent of blood. Meanwhile in the air the Empyrean’s lower jaw fully unhinges before the top half of it’s head snaps in half to create another mouth except full of writhing tentacles. With it’s metamorphosis complete, the former dragon projectile vomits its dark blood as a breath attack. Dodging as best they can, the Coalitionists are able to avoid the attack for the most part except Aki who is breathless from the previous Spectral Form. Rolling away from the attack, he soon finds his left arm seared by the downpour of rot.

“Ahhh! This hurts like a… what the Hell? Someone help!” Aki begs of his fellow champions as the toxins on his arm start to reform into a new Blight stack. The worm-like creature then starts to burrow into his limb before he is saved by Caleb using Spectral Form to grab the stack and rip it out.

Left in tears of pain and rage, Aki unleashes a Shadow Fireball at the parasite that just tried to infest him. Unable to feel anything except an intense burning in his arm, the Shadow Wyrm is told by the Hooded to evacuate for now. Watching the infested dragon leaving after turning the nearby area into a waste, the Ionian prepares to argue before DAHN runs next to him and has to take a breather. When the amalgamation is asked about their condition, DAHN informs the group that they haven’t been consuming enough to continue this energy output. Realizing that his teammate isn’t in any condition to fight, as well as himself, Aki accepts that the pair need to leave. Receiving an impromptu stitching using one of the Hooded’s Coercion lines, the men of Sleipnir Squadron leave for San’s residence.

Having taken the pilot’s seat of the Roc, Caleb, Cathy, and Metto begin to pursue the beast once more. As they approach the infested being, the Hooded hears a knocking on the Roc’s side door before it opens and Cathy enters. Letting her take her place in the cockpit, Caleb waits for her to fly him in closer to the creature before leaping onto it’s back. Using Coercion lines to anchor himself to the large creature, Caleb begins to hack at it’s scales when it suddenly crashes into something and he is sent falling off it. Falling through the air, the Perfect Host is able to see what happened just as Layka flies by and catches him. It just so happens that while flying through the Ionian skies, the infested dragon crashed into a local Cloud Drinker; a large flying whale creature. Hearing loud moans of agony from the gentle creature, the Coalition's worst case scenario is soon confirmed as the beasts begin merging together. A new horror soon emerges, one that is using the Cloud Drinker’s face and corpse as a meat suit from the inside, has large decayed wings, pale almost transparent flesh, and begins to split open the flying whale’s stomach. From it’s torn body soon comes a massive flood of it’s liquified insides that begin to race down a nearby mountainside. Not willing to let the creature escape anymore, Caleb orders Cathy to stop the decaying flood turned landslide before it can reach any of the nearby valley villages. With a confirmation of his demands, the Hooded asks Metto and Layka to fly after the monster.

CDAM

Watching the Hooded and Wind Shepherd leave, the Cyber pilot turns her attention to the wave of blighted blood she needs to stop. Taking note of how it only seems to destroy organic matter and uses it to move, she comes up with a plan to use rocks to create a barrier. Finding a formation of boulders down the mountainside, Cathy opens fire on them with her Roc's cannon to make her wall. With the formation broken down into more manageable pieces, the gynoid leaves her aircraft and begins to use her Concussive Cannon to move the pieces into place. However she is only one person and time is short, as the wave quickly approaches, Cathy worries that she may have to leave her work unfinished. As the dread of failure starts to creep into her mind a roar from above snaps her out of it. Emerging from a portal of shadows is a fully mutated DAHN with Aki, San, and the Koblinoids on their back. Having consumed a massive amount of meat, sugars, and help from San’s magic, the Zaunite bio-weapon is now almost eleven feet tall, has grown an extra set of arms, dozens of bone spines cover it’s back along with some attached to writhing tentacles, and it’s muscular body is now protected by a carapace of bone and bio-metal.

Seeing what Cathy had started, San directs DAHN to use it’s bone tendrils to tear out nearby trees to reinforce the wall. The Koblinoids are then ordered by her to dig a trench in front of the flood gate and do so with their Tambora Beams. Knowing his shadows can’t be affected by the flood, Aki uses shadow constructs to slow down the tide while everyone else continues to reinforce the wall. With all their preparations done as best they can, the Coalitionists fall back to observe their work; all except DAHN who stays behind to reinforce the wall with it’s body. Seeing this, the remaining Coalitionists decide to help instead and unleash a barrage of Tambora Beams, Shadow Fireballs, Concussive Cannon beams to break down the approaching flood while San empowers them all. Their combined efforts are soon rewarded as the necrotic flood crashes into their makeshift barrier and while it buckles it also holds. Soon after this it begins to rain heavily and a few minutes later the last of the creature’s liquified insides dissipate before a bright flash catches their attention. Snapping out of their daze, the champions quickly board the Roc to both escape the rain and to check on Metto and the Hooded. Knowing it was a Pumpkin Energy attack that caused the flash, Cathy speeds up to inform the Hooded of their success.

CRSN

Flying away from the landslide it caused, the skeletal monstrosity is soon boarded on it’s left wing by Caleb. Hacking away at the tendrils that try to consume him, the Hooded begins to do the same to the wing itself using Pumpkin Slashes. While he is doing this Metto uses her Boreal Barrages to do the same on the right side. Completing their objectives, the pair soon realize their efforts were for not as the creature remains airborne without any effort. With their first plan of downing the Blighted monstrosity a failure, Caleb masks up his face before he starts to climb along the side of the beast. Rather than try to shake him off like last time, the corrupted being instead takes it’s chance to absorb the Hooded into it’s body. Surrounded by squirming tendrils, Caleb starts to be ripped apart before using Spectral Form to enter a free fall. On his way out he manages to see where the last blight stack is; it is now acting as a grotesque heart for the creature. Meanwhile on the Wind Shepherd’s end they notice that the target is nearing a nearby monastery. Flying to the gates of the orphanage, several of the monks start to ask the woman why she is there before they see the great beast approaching them. Shouting for them to go back inside, the mother turns to the Empyrean and Cloud Drinker abomination before becoming one with Metto. Using their unified mind and soul’s power, the Frejlordian summons a sphere of controlled air around herself and the monastery. They do this just in time as the monster gets close enough to start trying to suck everything into it’s gaping maw. Driven on pure pain, madness, and instinct at this point, the creature switches tactics and instead decides to ram it’s skeletal body into the sanctuary. Desperate to stop it, Metto and Layka turn their bubble on the offensive and try to use the air to push away the monster. Barely able to do so, the skald starts to try and wither down the creature with wind slashes but this proves futile thanks to it’s regeneration and corpse-like state. Seeing this, the pair decide to instead focus on pushing it back and buying themselves time. This effort is quickly rewarded as she hears the sound of the earth breaking as Caleb lands next to her.

“Sorry I’m late you two, if you all can hold it off just a bit longer I should be able to finish this. That’s right you giant bastard, it’s past time for you to move on from this world! Pumpkin Beam, fire!” Caleb shouts after cupping his hands together and firing a beam of Pumpkin Energy. As the beam of azurite that is spiraled by purple and white starts to disintegrate the beast's mutilated form, the Hooded tries to aim for it’s heart.

After a few seconds of this, Caleb realizes something is wrong and to his shock notices the infested being is shifting as much of it’s mass to the front to act as a regenerating shield. Looking to his side, Caleb sees that Layka is starting to grow exhausted from pushing back the sickening flying shield. Turning around, he notices some of the monks trying to soothe some of the younger children as they flee inside. Despite the chaos around them however, Sona instead emerges carrying her etwahl knowing she can help. Strumming together a soothing melody, the musical prodigy begins to magically restore the foreigners and their strength. With it Metto and Layka force the creature back enough to give the Hooded time to stop firing and regroup.

“Thank you Sona, now get out of here quickly; you too Metto and Layka.” Caleb warns his fellow champions before he becomes consumed by the Dark Armor. As it’s power and his own start to overwhelm his sanity, the Perfect Host thinks about the nature of his attack. `Okay Caleb focus. It is my ferocity that brings out the worst in me. My supposed honor is what makes others see the best in me. Lastly is my valor, that which all shall know me by and will see me through.’

Gutturally shouting, “Pumpkin Beam, fire!!!”, before firing a much larger beam, the ground quickly shatters underneath Caleb’s armored form as it starts to burn away at the creature. Unable to regenerate faster than it can be destroyed, the beast lets out one last scream of pain before it’s core is destroyed and it is killed. By the time the Hooded stops firing his beam attack, all that remains of the monster is a floating ring of ash which Layka uses the wind to clean away. With help from Sona, the Wind Shepherd is able to stumble outside again and finds the Hooded passed out in a crater of mud and claw marks. Making sure her fellow musician can stand on her own, Sona quickly floated into the hole with Caleb who for a moment recovers just enough to give her a thumbs up.

CRSN

Spending the next hour healing, and then purging any of the creature’s remains they could find, the Coalitionists decide to take their leave except the Hooded who decides to stay behind for a bit. With help from some Coercion lines, Caleb is busily grafting some of the garden’s tree branches while surrounded by awestruck children asking him questions. Gently stepping away from the last tree he was working on, he accidentally trips over one of the smaller children and goes Spectral before passing into the ground. As the group of younglings start to wonder where he might have gone, Sona rushes over to comfort them as some begin to panic before she runs into Caleb as he reemerges. Seeing their guest again, the children quickly calm down before they are called away to have lunch by a local volunteer. Saying their goodbyes to the Hooded, the orphans head inside and leave Sona and Caleb on the ground together.

“Well I should get going soon too. If I don’t then Dahn might empty my fridge, seriously they eat enough to become a huge monster but they’re always hungry afterwards.” Caleb tells the mute before he helps her up. Realizing how close they are, Sona quickly makes some space before she signs for him to wait a bit.

(I wanted to say thank you Caleb, to both you and the others. If not for your efforts our home would have been destroyed by that monster. I’m sure that the people here can all agree that you were all very brave, especially to help those you didn’t have to.) Sona tells the Hooded, while also avoiding his gaze. This attempt to avoid eye contact soon backfires as Caleb grows curious and curves his body to see her blue eyes and blushing face.

(Look Sona about what I said before, I wanted you to know that I let my nerves get the best of me and my mouth ran wild. I would like to let you know that while I’m fine with friendship. However, while I can respect your wishes in time I hope to be more than just friends with you. Despite you having no memories of our life before this world I do and for the sake of them I want to make whatever we become work. I love you.) Caleb nervously signs to the bluenette. Taking her fellow Demacian’s hands into her own, Sona then pulls him into a hug. Sensing it as one of platonic love, Caleb accepts he will have to wait a bit for it to become romantic before returning the gesture; confident that they can make it whatever they become will work in the future.

XxxX

Spotlight Featuring: Koblinoid Squadron

Aliases: The Dragonkins' Might, Diminutive Dragonkins, Malicious Imps, Koblinoid Tokusentai

Birthplace: Swamps outside of the Ash Troll Village, Alp Island

Weapons: Claws, volcanic magic, scavenged gear, posing

Species: Magically Altered Lizards

Occupations: Adventure Party, Dance team, troll prankster experts, mascots

Appearance: Created from lava lizard hatchlings, the Koblinoids' faces are covered in red scales that transition to orange and sandy tones with black spots past their necks. Their leader Traeh is covered from head to toe in stolen and burned plate armor decorated in obsidian shards. Tairon, the group's "muscle" can be found wearing a gi covered in leather straps and rock studs. Big sister Yings stands out from her siblings as she has leathery wings; they can be hidden inside of her catsuit for a surprise factor. Wallflower Iris when she isn't trying to avoid being seen is often found wearing stereotypical purple wizard robes and a pointy hat. Finally is Tongu who inspires his siblings to press on with his booming voice; his blue and white tunic further enhances his clerical nature.

Eye color: Black with specs of purple

Measurements: Traeh is 3'2 feet/96.5200~ cm, 42 pounds/19.0509 kg with a mesomorph build

Tairon is 4' feet/121.92 cm, 81 pounds/36.741 kg with a mesomorph build

Yings is 3'6 feet/106.6800~ cm, 62 pounds/28.1227 kg with an ectomorph build

Iris is 2'8 feet/81.28 cm, 28 pounds/12.7006 kg with an ectomorph build

Tongu is 2'11 feet/88.9 cm, 35 pounds/15.8757 kg with an endomorph build

Taunt: The Koblinoids spell out the words Loser, Inter, Annoy and Nasty with poses. “The enemy dare doubt our miniature might?!”

Joke: The Koblinoids start to toss a ball of lava to each before it explodes onto one of them and they laugh it off. “Hot ball, hot ball pass it on. Hot ball, hot ball, pass it on. Get rid of the hot ball before it goes… boom. Hahahaha!”

Likes: Rift Quest, Pranks, Dramatic Entrances, Hot Springs

Dislikes: Pumsha's face, Sticks in the mud, Staying still, Seperation

Quick Bio: The Eccentric did many things to help her descendants. From assisting in the construction of the Replication Factory, gaining the aid of San, and finding the Multiversal Mirror, Alexandra had the best of intentions. Her Koblinoids however were not. Created in a drunken stupor and with the aid of an alternate self, the mage created the Koblinoids to antagonize the ash troll populace. For centuries the mischievous creatures pulled various pranks on the gray skinned creatures. Eventually they were detained and stopped by the Sleipnir Squadron. Their demise was averted however when Caleb heard of the situation. Now they are given a new task, to use their mischief in service of the Coalition and bring disarray to their enemies; just as the drunken mage intended.

Base Stats: Health: 645-2645

Health Regen: 6-20.5

Mana: 450-1500

Mana Regen: 8-20.5

Armor: 28-108

MR: 32–66.85

MS: 340

AD: 55-100

Attack speed: 0.625

Bonus AS: 0-49%

Range: 425

Passive: Koblinoid Tokusentai Assemble!- Captain Traeh takes up the level up points at Levels 1 and 18 while also serving as the primary body of the Koblinoid Squadron. Upon finishing rank ups for an ability, it grants the Koblinoid Squadron a bonus 5% stats listed in that respective ability’s description. At Level 18 these bonuses are increased to 25% and each Koblinoid unit gains these bonuses as well.

Bow to our posing!- Using the dance command brings all active Koblinoid Units near Captain Traeh including if he is isolated.

Q: (15/13.6/12.3/11) Mana Cost:70/75/80/85 Range:650 Effective Radius:250
Lava Bomber!- Tairon crashes down from the sky in a fiery explosion, dealing Magic damage to all units and turrets caught in it.
(30/70/110/150/190 plus 85% AP)

Summon Tairon- Tairon is a tanky unit that deals bonus damage to structures. His maxed out stat is Max Health.

W: (12/11.3/10.6/10) Mana cost: 60/70/80/90 Range:750 Effective Radius:450
Obsidian Blitz!- Yings dive bombs an enemy champion and begins to rapidly blink among nearby enemy champions up to 5 times and dealing Magic damage; prioritizing ones she hasn't hit and the target of Traeh's autos. She can attack the same unit for reduced returns.
Damage per bounce (75/90/105/120 plus 45% AP)
Max Single Target Damage (202.5/250/304.5/360 plus 121.5%/126%/130.5%/135% AP)
Reduced returns (85%/90%/95%/100%)

Summon Yings- Yings is a speedy unit that deals bonus damage to champions. Her maxed out stat is Movement Speed.

E: (18/16/14/12) Mana cost:60 Range: Self Effective Radius:325
Diamond Shield!- Iris uses her magic to shield all Koblinoids as well as Allied Champions and minions near them, granting them bonus Armor and Magic Resistance for 5 seconds; Allied Champions gain half of these bonuses.
Koblinoids and Minions (10%/15%/20%/25% plus 1% per 100 AP)
Allied Champions (5%/7.5%/10%/12.5% plus .5% per 100 AP)

Summon Iris- Iris is a supportive unit that attacks from a distance and grants sight of enemies hit. She grants Bonus Armor and Magic Resist when maxed out.

R: (60/50/40/30 seconds with a 3 second recast) Mana cost:70/80/90/100 Target range:650 Range:600 Effective Radius:500
First Cast: Summon Tongu- Tongu, a long ranged orator with a bite as powerful as his bark, burrows up within his leash range. For the next 3 seconds you gain access to Tambora Beam! Tongu’s maxed out stat is Ability Power.

Second Cast: Tambora Beam!- At Traeh’s command, all present Koblinoids fire a breath beam and will try to converge their respective beams at the end of Traeh’s beam. Each beam also applies their Koblinoids' respective attack passives and deals Magic damage;Enemies hit by multiple beams take 10% less per beam.
Single Beam damage (60/120/180/240 plus 50% AP)
Maximum Damage from all Beams (200/480/720/960 plus 150% AP)

Summonable Koblinoids’ stats are below and each counts as a champion for the purpose of targeting.

Tairon’s Stat Block:
Health: 455-3300 plus 100% of Traeh's Maximum HP and 25% of Traeh's AP

Armor: 20-100 plus 40% of Traeh's AP

Magic Resistance: 20-100 plus 40% of Traeh's AP

Attack damage: 70-130 plus 25% of Traeh's AP

Attack speed: 1.25 plus 0.25% per 1 of Traeh's Ability Power

MS: 345

Range: 125

Gold: 15

EXP: 0

Leash Range:660

Unique Passives-Hide of Obsidian Scales: Abilities from this unit deal damage to structures and Tairon takes 25% reduced Turret damage.

Ying’s Stat Block:
Health: 455-2300 plus 75% of Traeh's Maximum HP and 50% of Traeh's AP

Armor: 20-100 plus 30% of Traeh's AP

Magic res: 20-100 plus 30% of Traeh's AP

Attack damage: 50-150 plus 45% of Traeh's AP

Attack speed: 1.25 plus 1% per 1 of Traeh's Ability Power

MS: 350

Range: 225

Gold: 15

EXP: 0

Leash Range:860

Unique Passives-Wings of Ashen Winds: Ying is permanently Ghosted, gains 5% movement speed when attacking an enemy champion, and every 3rd attack against an enemy champion does 5-50 (Plus 25/30/35/40%) bonus Magic Damage on-hit.

Iris’ Stat Block:
Health: 290-2800 plus 50% of Traeh's Maximum HP and 75% of Traeh's AP

Armor: 20-100 plus 20% of Traeh's AP

Magic res: 20-100 plus 20% of Traeh's AP

Attack damage: 60-120 plus 35% of Traeh's AP

Attack speed: 0.670 plus 0.5% per 1 of Traeh's Ability Power

MS: 335

Range: 525

Gold: 15

EXP: 0

Leash Range:660

Unique Passives-Eyes of Precious Metals: Iris' auto attacks and abilities cause enemies to become revealed for 3/4/5/6 seconds and Koblinoids near her gain 1/2/3/4% Missing Health Regen when within 325 units of her.

Tongu’s Stat Block:
Health: 290-1800 plus 25% of Traeh's Maximum HP and 100% of Traeh's AP

Armor: 20-100 plus 10% of Traeh's AP

Magic res: 20-100 plus 10% of Traeh's AP

Attack damage: 40-170 plus 55% of Traeh's AP

Attack speed: 0.670 plus 0.75% per 1 of Traeh's Ability Power

MS: 330

Range: 625

Gold: 15

EXP: 0

Leash Range:660

Unique Passives-Voice of the Volcano: Tongu's autos explode and deal 50/60/70/80% damage to enemies within a 200 Effective radius of the primary target, Minion take double this percentage, and the Leash ranges of Koblinoids are increased by 0-100 based on level.

XxxX

Variables and Constants Short: PsyOps Act 1

On the snowy borders of the Freljord and Demacia, a helicopter dispatched by High Command is landing at a local ranch. With the increasing influence of the Black Rose Group and the tensions they cause, Operatives Yi and Ezreal have been dispatched to try and recruit someone with a unique set of skills and abilities to help. Making their way through the snow to a cabin at the edge of the nearby pine forest, the pair notice a man chopping wood outside. Despite making their presence known to the young brunette he continues to ignore the two and continues with his daily task.

“Excuse me sir but we are looking for someone. Do you by chance know a woman by the name of Nita?” Yi asks of the civilian who stops and turns to face the soldiers. Taking his ax and throwing it at the pair he is able to confirm their psionic abilities when Ezreal stops it.

“God damn it. Look if High Command wants to find Nita then I recommend looking for her about a mile west of here and six feet in the ground. Now if you lot are done following shitty intel would you so kindly fuck off of my property. You’re lucky my partners are off hunting right now because they aren’t as friendly as I am to High Command; especially with the shit you people did that broke Riven.” Caleb informs the pair of pawns before pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. Not taking too well to the rude rancher’s attitude, Ezreal attempts to throw back the ax with his abilities but finds it to be less than successful. After getting within a few feet of the smoking man the tool ended up flopping uselessly to the ground.

“It would seem our intel wasn’t entirely faulty since we actually came here for you Caleb Fleetfoot. We’ve been given orders from High Command to obtain your unique abilities and expertise in stealth operations for an upcoming special mission. Knowing we can’t exactly force you without wasting precious time, they are willing to bargain greatly for your aid.” Yi adds as a means of enticing the former operative into service once more. Meanwhile Ezreal, who is still curious about what happened early, attempts to shoot his lucky dagger at the man only for it to suffer the same fate as the ax; flopping harmless once it gets near him.

“If you try that one more time, I’m going to shove whatever it is you throw where the sun doesn’t shine oxygen thief. Seriously doesn’t High Command do briefings anymore because it feels like he doesn’t know psionics don’t work near me. But even with that I’m not sure I can get close enough to hurt some of the BRG’s heavy hitters, especially if they start throwing big objects at me or close enough for it to not slow down enough. Besides I thought this is why you PsyOps guys exist or are you telling me you fuckers ruined people like Riven’s mind for nothing?! Did you know she can only whisper to Nidalee and me? You know, when she’s not looking off into space!” The veteran yells at the two operatives before taking a last drag from his cigarette. Getting ready to throw them off of his property, Caleb is only interrupted by Nidalee emerging from the house.

“Hey Caleb, why don’t you take a break for lunch and come inside. Oh and bring some of the firewood because it’s getting a bit chilly. As for you two, I’m sure you numbnuts can wait where you are. Don’t worry about freezing too much, we’re just going to talk about what you’ll be paying us; plus we like to keep our home as a safe space from lackeys.” The co-owner of the property tells the operatives before turning inside and talking to someone. Taking the rather blatant hint, Yi and Ezreal communicate to their ride to wait a bit longer than expected.

Inside of the cabin, Nidalee and Caleb begin to discuss what they should do next. Making some coffee, the pair come up with their terms but spend the next twenty minutes watching Riven coddling one of their cats. Once they're sure the two operatives have been kept waiting long enough to freeze a bit, Caleb goes outside to deliver his ultimatum.

“We want ten million dollars and for you all to stay the fuck away from our homestead after this, forever sounds like a good place to start. I also find anything I like there then I get to take what I can carry. I’m not negotiating on these terms either because you all need me, I don’t need you.” The brunette sternly informs the duo to which Yi agrees. Confirming the details of the demands with High Command, Caleb agrees that he will be ready to be deployed in a week’s time.

PTEA

After a long week of harsh training and strategizing, High Command officially launches Operation Aphids several miles off the coast of the Freljord. To start they have deployed a submarine and ordered it to move just outside of the motion sensors of a nearby military port. Previously abandoned after the Arctic War decades ago, the Black Rose Group has revitalized and repurposed it to serve their own goals. Once they’re close enough the High Command vessel deployed a special torpedo before leaving for deeper waters once more. This torpedo is actually a MDT that when picked up by the base’s radar and motion sensors comes off as nothing more than a seal. Once it is within one hundred meters of the base’s submarine hangar, the torpedo splits open and Caleb in a wetsuit emerges. Swimming his way inside, the operative sneaks behind some crates before stipping off his wetsuit to reveal his gray combat uniform and black combat vest. Rolling out a large bandana that once belonged to Nita and putting it on, Caleb recalls his briefing on the way here.

“You’ll have two mission objectives. First, you are to locate a server or computer and acquire a copy of the base’s schematics for us to use down the line. Second, we’ve received word from a double agent that a secret weapon is in development here. All we were able to learn was that it is apparently psionic based which is why we’re sending you in. You will have to discover this weapon’s location, the status of it, and if possible destroy it. Be careful as not only are there rumors of the BRG’s most powerful psionic users gathering here but this mission is also a top secret black-op; so don’t expect any help from us and all equipment are OSP, of course you already expected such. Once you’ve been deployed via the Marai Deployment Torpedo you’ll infiltrate from the submarine hangar and be on your own. Finally, your codename for this mission will be Null. Dismissed.” Are the words from Shen that operative Null replays in his mind. As Caleb begins his infiltration, a lone woman at the center of the base notices from her cage that there is now a space even her mind can’t peer into.

XxxX

Variables and Constants Short: Arcade 2

In the middle of a starry void, two combatants arrive on a floating platform for a one on one fight with no items. First to arrive is her Wolfen Two star fighter is Battle Boss Samira who flips out of the speeding ship and draws her duel blasters. Across from her a thin blue line appears in the air before it tears open a hole in reality for Rival Boss Quinn to emerge from. Contrasting her mercenary opponent’s more extravagant and futuristic look, Quinn is wearing a set of dark casual attire and her favorite dark blue long coat.

“Do you really need to fight Cero so badly, old woman?” Samira taunts her creator before firing some pot shots at Quinn.

“Do you really need to lose that much you’d challenge me?” Quinn counters back before countering the incoming blaster fire with a flick of her katana. “Also why did you have to choose here? There are at least three fields of white flowers we could’ve fought in and you choose a vacuum in reality.”

Growling in annoyance, Samira pulls her serrated laser blade before rushing Quinn. Before her Wild Rush can land however Quinn teleports and reappears above her foe. Donning a pair of armored boots covered in glowing white veins, the Rival Boss dive kicks down in a comet of light before somersaulting off of the Mercenary Boss’ head. At the zenith of her Vault Quinn summons three spectral swords and launches them at her opponent. Whirling her Lupus Blade around her, Samira is able to block the phantasmal attacks. Seeing a slightly bored Quinn floating above her, the wolf themed warrior double jumps into the air before dashing forward in a streak of purple. Taking advantage of Quinn’s lulled state, the one eyed fighter slashes her across the stomach. Landing on the platform together once more, the Rival Boss takes a knee as her wound seals shut already before she can be disemboweled completely.

“Mmm not bad. I still question your decision to join the side of the Battle Bosses but I still also see your potential. Alright Samira, we can move on to phase two.” Quinn nonchalantly informs her opposition before getting back up. Summoning a ball of shadows into her hand, the elder twin fires it at her opponent with a smirk.

Trying to cut the projectile mid-air, Samira is surprised when the ball transforms into Dark Valor who evades her attack before exploding into a surge of electricity. While the demonic bird flaps in the air and mocking the Battle Boss, Quinn starts to slowly walk closer to her while firing more spectral blades with her mind. Reacting as best she can, Samira begins dash dancing, rolling, blocking, and kiting as many of the ghostly blades as possible before reaching the edge of the platform. With nowhere to run, the cornered mercenary chooses to instead go on the offensive once more. Covering her advance toward the Rival Boss using her blasters, Samira then tosses a grenade between them. Taking advantage of Quinn’s momentary blocking, the Desert Rose uses the ensuing explosion to fling herself over the unamused woman’s head. Raining as much blaster fire down upon the twin, the one eyed woman manages to once more force Quinn to her knees after riddling her with smoking holes.

“Ha! I guess your age has finally caught up to you hag. I mean when I heard from Veigar how you woke up and murdered your way out of the Underworld I thought you’d give me a challenge. Seriously if you can’t even beat me then what chance do you stand against the Legendary Cero? Not like you could finish him before anyways.” Samira taunts the older twin before flicking a coin at her. Unwittingly hitting the Cero button, the mercenary watches as Quinn cuts the currency in half mid-flight before a dark purple aura starts to surround her.

“Okay, now I’m motivated. I’m going to give you an ultimatum now Samira, in exchange for not deleting you from existence you’re going to give a message to the so-called Final Boss. I will do as I please because I am no one’s puppet. For you see it is might that controls everything and I am everything! Now sit back and see how.” Quinn declares to Samira before she is completely consumed in a ball of purple energy. Finding herself being drawn towards the sphere, the Battle Boss desperately fires at the Rival Boss only for her shots to be deflected by the bubble. As the shell shatters a guttural voice informs Samira of what she will soon realize, “You’re not worthy as my opponent.”

Standing now in all her demonic glory, Quinn has grown over a foot taller and her skin has turned chitinous with scale-like armor. Looking down on Samira with her amber turned cold blue eyes, the Rival Boss’ coat transforms into four demonic wings and a long barbed tail extending from the middle of her back. Taking to the air, the two horns on her head and “gauntlet’s” on her arms begin to expel a steady stream of blue flames.

“You’re Behind Enemy Lines little girl, now die!” Is all the warning Quinn gives before she begins to rapidly fly all over the arena. By the time she is done the entire stage is covered in imperceivable slashes that tear holes in reality before spectral swords begin to rain from on high.

‘I would’ve given her a tour of my old home but there is no need. Well good game, well played.’ The Rival Boss thinks before she slowly sheathes her blade once more. Once she is done the now unconscious Samira is sent flying off the edge in a streak of spiraling blood before being consumed in a burst of rainbow light, “GAME!”

“Hahahaha! That dumb kid actually thought she could fight you, she did look kind of weird though. So are you going to finally put Cero in the ground?” Valor asks Quinns after she reverts back to normal. With her business done here, the elder twin opens a tear in reality that should lead her to her brother.

“Valor you know better than anyone I refuse to fight him seriously without him being complete. I suppose I owe him that much from the times he did the same. Now come along, a storm is approaching and I want a good fight. Plus I could go for a burger afterwards.” Quinn tells her companion with a small smile before crossing over to the lands of Arcadia. Arriving near a goblin encampment in the woods, the pale haired woman sees the rookie team of RGB taking the day to grind experience; all while they are being watched over by their guardian, Cero.

Chapter 8: RElocate

Chapter Text

A/N: So the polls for the new Special coming out in the future are closed and it ended in a tie. My muse basically got the tiebreaker vote so the Special 4 of Variables and Constants will be the Anti-Void Special. However I am willing to do the Darkness Within Special afterwards as it got it’s own fair share of support. I most likely won’t see you all by the end of the year with the next update so just in case I wish you all a happy holiday and a happy New Year.

Starring: Caleb, Aki, Cathy, Levia, Emilia Leblanc, Cassiopeia, Captain Tenari, San, Mumblesprites, Lulu, Tristana, Conflation Caleb, and Conflation Sona

Cameos and mentions: Metto and Layka, DAHN, Samira, and Teemo

XxxX

Looking over some recent incident reports while eating a cone of Rocky Road, Caleb starts to feel a fit of boredom coming along. Despite wanting peace, the Hooded also doesn’t mind some action and so he leans back in his chair before calling in the Slepinirs for a meeting.

“So guys, do we have any news from Ionia after the Empyrean incident? I’m sure that either some azakana or Navori Brotherhood people might try to take advantage of the ruin it left?” Caleb asks while trying to hide any potential excitement. Looking amongst themselves, the Sleipnirs can only really shrug before Aki pulls out his reports.

“Sorry Hooded but Ionia is as calm as can be right now. Between Ahri, Yone, and the Kinkou handling the demons. Akali is free to handle any Navori agents since she recently went rogue.” Mumbles Aki while twiddling his index fingers in humiliation; especially since his vow of not using his Shadow abilities was shattered in the face of reality recently by Sett. Sensing his friend's feelings surrounding the issues surrounding his home, Caleb quickly moves on as Cathy reveals her report regarding the Shuriman Conflict.

“Anything new to report Cathy? I’m sure that either the Ascended or Voidborne might be trying something? Is Bel’veth a thing yet?” Caleb questions with a smile at the gynoid. Standing at attention, the Cyber Pilot has been feeling good recently; between her recent performances and the fact Aki had his selfish point of view broken like his arms, ribs, spine and jaw.

“It would seem that the conflict has reached a sort of stalemate and is staying contained to the southern continent. As for the Voidbornes between Kassadin, Jax, Kai’sa, Malphite, Aterus, and many others it seems to be contained for now as well.” Cathy informs the Hooded before the Sleipnirs dismiss themselves having shared everything they could. Waiting for everyone else to leave, Caleb first checks for any possible Koblinoids before he starts to tap his foot on the ground; something which eventually grinds on Levia’s nerves.

‘Caleb what’s up? You know I love some carnage as well but it seems that the Sleipnir’s reports have you, I wanna say shook?’ Levia inquiries while laying herself on top of the Hooded’s head. Leaning over his hood, the ethereal serpent locks eyes with her host before he holds out his hand for her to move onto.

“I suppose I’m feeling a bit emasculated, I guess. I mean between Atreus defeating Aatrox, Yone’s handling of the minor demons, and even me sharing the Style fighting style with Samira I’m feeling a bit lost. It’s brought down my mood a bit and I just need a confidence booster so I can feel like I’m needed.” Caleb sighs out before slumping onto his desk; the weight of his pettiness catching up to him. Pulling out his communicator, the Hooded starts to look through his messages when he finds a reminder to meet Leblanc today.

CRSN

Teleporting to outside an old wooden shack on the coast of Noxus, Caleb steps inside of the rotting structure. Amidst the dusty spartan accommodations is Leblanc sitting with two goblets of wine at an old wooden table. Gently closing the brittle door behind him, the Hooded takes a seat across from the Matron of the Black Rose and pulls one of the goblets near him; upon doing this he notices Leblanc visibly relaxes afterwards.

“So the rumors of a new Hooded are true. Tell me, how powerful would you say you are? Is it enough for the task ahead?” She asks the young man before her; all while trying to hide her anxiety. This will be the seventh Hooded she will be working with and of those six before them only half could handle Mordekaiser by her estimations.

“I won’t lie when I tell you not right now. {Oh no!} But I will grow more powerful with time. {Woohoo!} But that is gonna take at least a few more years. {Eh~…}” Caleb informs the sorceress while also trying not to laugh at her interjections. While he knows the illusionist can be cold and cruel, being around the Hooded tends to have an opposite effect on Emilia.

“That is something to consider. Enough small talk, I also had a mission to request of you. A small favor if you would. It has been a while since we’ve heard from our member Cassiopeia and I’d like to see if you could bring her back here.” Leblanc requests of the Hooded to which he accepts. Telling him that he should be able to find her at the Shuriman coastal city of Uzeris and to wait until night, Leblanc then watches as he teleports away.

CRSN

Arriving amongst various sandstone houses, Caleb takes to the rooftops after finding a street vendor selling arayes. An hour later a Noxian warship docks into the local port and Samira steps off with a small battalion of Noxian soldiers. Receiving notice of a local snake monster from her trusted contact Captain Indari, the daredevil hopes to claim it’s bounty. Unbeknownst to any party however is that this is a test that a bored Leblanc has set up to observe them. Eventually night comes and not a cloud appears in the sky to interrupt this midnight hunt. While Caleb sticks to the rooftops to look for the gorgon, Samira disperses her troops around the city and armed each with a signal flare stolen from Piltover; should they see the creature they can signal it’s location to the others.

Over at the edge of the city at a granite cathedral, Cassiopeia emerges from her family’s tomb. Knowing that tonight should be the start of the troops’ rotation, the middle Du Couteau sibling slithers her way onto the city rooftops to stalk soldiers from above. Eventually she comes across what seems to be a Noxian soldier harassing a local woman; or it would if she wasn’t multilingual. Holding back a giggle, the gorgon takes a moment to enjoy the pair’s poor acting and luring skills. Her show is soon interrupted however as a shadow descends from across the street and slams the Noxian into a wall.

“Dude if someone says no it means no. Wait where are you going?! Why would she just run off like that, seriously a thank would’ve been nice. Though to be fair I never learned how to speak Shuriman.” Caleb mumbles to himself as he finishes hanging the unconscious Noxian upside down. Before he can beat him like a piece of hanging meat however the Hooded instead releases him when he hears a scraping sound nearby.

“Well what do I have here? I’ve never seen a specimen like you before, would you be so kind as to come closer?” Cassiopeia whispers out from the nearby shadows with her sultry voice. Unable to read the stranger’s face due to his coverings, she is unable to see Caleb’s look of utter confusion as to how such tactics work on others.

“Okay, tall, dark, and scaly you can come out. Especially since I already know all about you and how you work Cassiopeia. Leblanc told me that she wants you to come back to Noxus. Could you make this easy on the both of us please?” Caleb asks the serpent woman since he doesn’t want to waste too much time. In the blink of an eye, Cassioepeia quickly wraps her massive tail around him and starts to constrict the Hooded.

“I’ll have to say no. Besides, what was your plan exactly if I refused? Were you going to drag me away those scrawny arms of yours’? Oh my you’re starting to squirm a bit aren’t you? If you’d like I can squeeze you a bit gentler, but only if you tell me your plan. Now look me in the eyes and don’t lie to me.” The seductress asks of her prey before giggling at her own taunting. Her laughter almost turns into cackling before she hears the stranger say “Harder.” and Cassiopeia becomes a bit disturbed.

“Don’t stop now. Constrict my body, you alluring anaconda. Rattle me to the core you sexy snake. Flick your tongue all over me you dazzling diamondback. Be my queen you kinky king cobra. Poison me with your affection, you blessed black mamba.” Are the type of lines Caleb starts to spout at the confused monster woman. Using this distraction, Caleb takes a breath and goes Spectral to escape just as the Noxian he captured activates a flare.

It doesn't take long after before the pair find themselves surrounded by over twenty soldiers armed with pikes. Attempting to rush past the soldiers, Cassiopeia finds her path blocked by a dozen gunshots as Samira makes her entrance. Reloading her revolvers, the Desert Rose takes in the sight of the gorgon coiling up and a Hooded figure grappling away. Seeing a glimmer in the noble woman’s eyes, Samira’s instincts save her as she manages to look away in time to avoid Cassiopeia’s Petrifying Gaze. By the time the flash is over a quarter of the Noxian force is turned to stone before another quarter is batted away by Cass’ tail. Blowing a stream of Miasma to her right and spitting several globules of Noxious Blast to her left, the snake woman disables the last of Samira’s troops with ease. She then throws one of the petrified soldier’s statue at the one eyed daredevil who barely manages to cut it apart. Before the massive hybrid can throw another soldier, Samira manages to land a shot on her target before rushing her. Wanting to keep her distance from the Desert Rose, Cassiopeia spews forth another Miasma that both slows down and saps away Samira’s strength. Grinning at her grounded foe, the Serpent’s Embrace soon finds her triumph interrupted when Caleb jumps onto her back and slaps her in the eyes. With tears in her eyes, Cassiopeia starts to flail about in agony and Samira emerges from the Miasma relatively unharmed. Taking her chance, the daredevil tries to cut down the noble woman but finds her blade blocked by the Hooded. The flailing giantess then decides to flee instead of continuing this folly and claws her way towards the rooftops once more. Using a Coercion line to stick to the snake woman, Caleb soon finds an unwanted passenger in the form of Samira latching onto his leg. Arriving on top of the nearby bar, Cassiopeia keeps yanking the tether Caleb created and draws his attention away from the one eyed woman who kicks him in the face soon after. Releasing the magical hybrid, the Hooded instead uses his former handlebar to grab Samira and hold her as Cassiopeia escapes. With neither party willing to give up the chase however all three champions soon find themselves traversing the city in their own ways; Cassiopeia slithering from roof to roof, Samira parkouring, and Caleb swinging via Coercion lines. All through the night each party interferes with the other’s goals as they wake up various people to the sounds of gunshots, swords and claws clashing, and even a few explosions at various points.

Eventually the night-long chase ends as all three champions arrive back at Cassiopeia’s “den” inside of the Du Couteau mausoleum. Surrounding herself with the statues of her past victims, the gorgon has also allowed a large amount of sand inside to impede non-slither based movement. Blasting open the wooden front doors, Samira finds her steps slowed to a trudge while Caleb and Cassiopeia enter via the roof in Spectral form. Throwing the Hooded off herself, the snake mage launches her Twin Fangs after the Desert Rose who manages to deflect them with her Blade Whirl. Taking advantage of them distracting each other, Caleb attaches a Coercion line between the two women and slams them together. This turns the situation in the noble woman’s favor as she uses her superior size to start drowning Samira in sand. Desperately pulling her sword Vanquish out, Samira pulls the trigger and uses it’s emergency shot to hit Cass in the neck. Pulling herself away from the one eyed woman as much as she can, the serpent woman is only spared from decapitation when the Hooded flings himself at Samira and punches her in the face. Showing her appreciation via tail swiping her savior into the statue of a local priest, the magic in Cassiopeia’s beings to mend her wounds. Seeing this Samira unleashes a Flair of bullets at her bounty, who despite her increased durability, screams in agony from the wounds to her shoulder, stomach and tail. Using her powerful tail, the gorgon both throws sand into the Shuriman’s one good eye and starts to constrict her. As Samira’s struggling starts to slow down, Cassiopeia feels a statue slam into the back of her head. Recovering enough to turn and see the now armored Hooded rushing towards her on all fours, Cass can’t stop the ensuing Betwixt Beatdown. Roaring at the barely conscious proto-ascended, the berserk Caleb isn’t prepared for her to spit acid at his chest in desperation. Using the pain and anger developed from the burning he is feeling, the Hooded picks up Cassiopeia and throws her through a nearby pillar. Cleaning out her vision, Samira is greeted by the sight of another monster and unloads her pistols at it’s weakened chest. Drawing some of his blood, a scream of pain is all the warning Samira gets before he slaps her across the face. Picking up the mercenary and slamming her down, Caleb fails to notice the makeshift sticky bomb she placed on his back. Turning to retrieve Cassiopeia, the unconscious daredevil’s last plan works as the Hooded is saved by the armor but is still inflicted great pain. Forced out of his armored form, the Coalition champion collapses in agony before passing out as well.

CRSN

Snapping awake an hour later, Caleb wakes up to see both women still incapacitated as the sun comes up. Staggering to his feet, the burned and tattered looking man approaches the mostly regenerated Cassiopeia cautiously. Inspecting her for a bit, the Hooded is confident when she doesn’t stir and takes it as a sign to hurry. Before he grabs the mutated noblewoman though, Caleb goes and checks on Samira. Ensuring that she is still breathing, the injured man takes her outside and gently puts her out in the open by the entrance. With the tattooed woman now in the open for any of her troops to rescue her, Caleb returns to Noxus with Cassiopeia in tow.

CRSN

Arriving back at the old shack, the Hooded is greeted by both Leblanc and Captain Tenari. Recognizing how much of a sight for eyes he is, Caleb wills his burned and shredded attire to restore itself. Noticing Leblanc tapping near her eyes, the sore man realizes his goggles are still damaged; one lens is cracked and the other is completely gone. Thankful that they can’t see his tired eyes due to his aura, the Hooded watches as Leblanc wraps Cassiopeia in illusionary chains before thanking him and leaving.

“We were able to watch the entire fight from here. Thank you for keeping Samira alive; but if she is permanently injured then you will have hell to pay from me. Got it!” The stern paraplegic woman tells the Hooded while staring him down. Even exhausted Caleb can’t help but see that famous Noxian fiery spirit and admire it.

“You’ll find no issues or arguments from me on that ma’am. Despite us having our differences I can’t deny that she definitely has some style. Reminds me of my sister a bit, being a badass despite being completely human. Plus from you I can tell she’s at least loyal enough to not leave people behind if she can.” Caleb adds while discussing his newfound respect for Samira. Leaving Captain Indari with a thumbs up, the Hooded returns home and calls San to give him aid.

CRSN

“Oh boi, you’ve been put through the wringer haven’t you? I’m seeing acid burns, explosive burns, bruises, gun shot wounds, venom in your system, fractured ribs, a broken nose, and now they’re gone. You’re welcome.” San informs the Hooded while she finishes tending to his wounds after the last half hour. Giving him a glass of water and telling him to drink plenty of fluids, the hemomancer prepares to go back home but is stopped by Caleb.

“San, I need to see that map you have. The one that has the entrances to the Glade on it, I think it’s time Lulu was able to go home.” Is all Caleb needs to tell the healer and she understands. Knowing how protective he is about the children despite them being champions, San quickly returns with a map made of Bandlewood bark.

Taking a day to recover after his skirmish in Shurima, Caleb prepares to go to the Glade by stopping by the Multiversal Mirror Room. Donning a pink trench coat with black spots decorating the back, the Hooded struggles to keep the floppy dog ears attached to his detective fedora out of his eyes. Looking at himself in the Mirror he hopes that the somewhat goofy outfit will protect him in the Glade. Otherwise his hair turning pink, the short tail appearing at the base of his spine, and his now dog themed, padded gloves and shoes will be for not. Sending a surge of Pumpkin Energy up the fake dog ears, Caleb manages to fix them and keep them standing up with a bend midway; with his attire complete, the Hooded teleports to Bandle City.

CRSN

Arriving by Norra and Yuumi’s house, Caleb creates a Coercion line and ties it to the missing yordle’s front door. With the last of his safety precautions in place, the Hooded marches into the nearby woods without a thought in mind and arrives in the Glade. Grateful for his goggles due to the abundance of bright colors swimming around him. Knowing how time and space can be distorted in this place, Caleb takes the chance to check his Coercion line. Finding it holding firm he continues walking and soon finds the trees starting to dance with faeries appearing. After what feels like an hour of walking he finds himself upside down on a cliff made of yellow obsidian. Taking a break to watch a nearby crab rave taking place on a cloud, Caleb thinks carefully about any details Lulu might have mentioned about her time in the Glade. Letting his mind become clear once more, the Hooded jumps and plummets until he lands in a new part of the Glade.

Here the sky is a dark purple as mist makes it hard to see too far amidst the bare, purple trees. Finding the twisty branches of the trees are pointing at each other’s face, Caleb knows he’s getting closer to the child yordle. Hearing some whispers below him, the Hooded makes the mistake of looking some local tulips in the eyes. Now being pelted by them literally blowing raspberries at him, he takes cover behind a log to avoid the fruity onslaught and further eye contact. It is here that he notices the approaching sound of snoozing. The culprit turns out to be a blonde yordle mage that is flying by with faerie wings. It’s not until he notices the furry amethyst imp creatures appearing near him that Caleb realizes who this is, Trevor Snoozebottom.

“We’re free!” “Hehehe!” “Stupid yordle.” Are among the various chants the mischievous mumblesprites squeal out. Noticing the bright pink Hooded shortly after, Caleb quickly takes a page from his Courageous self’s book and runs away screaming.

Quickly pursuing the fleeing Hooded, it doesn’t take long before the horde of familiars catch up and start biting at him. Their attempts at nibbling him to pieces are foiled however as Caleb uses his Spectral form to have them pass through him. Eventually their efforts are rewarded as after several minutes of this the Hooded is forced to take a breath and loses his defensive form. Desperately shooting a Pumpkin Beam at the cretins, he is unable to land a solid hit as they prove too erratic. Soon Caleb is swarmed by the creatures and is forced to his knees by their plentiful bites. Letting out a pained yell, the Hooded briefly goes into Spectral Form once more and telefrags dozens of the creatures by rematerializing his arms around them. Feeling his arms going numb, Caleb sends a surge of Pumpkin Energy to disintegrate the cretins and goes fully Spectral to realize himself of their ashes. Needing an escape the Hooded makes a break for a nearby cliff and jumps off. The rules of the Glade however have other ideas instead and send him flying forward until he lands in a pond made of purple juices. Sinking beneath the surface, Caleb watches as the swarm flies past him before reemerging and collapsing with a hoarse laughter.

“I am so glad that I didn’t have to deal with tooth fairy knuckleheads last time I came here. Well Levia it seems that we’ve found a well of purple which means Lulu has to be close.” Caleb remarks before hefting himself up to continue his searching. While doing this he eventually remembers to check on his lifeline and finds that the Hood beneath his waist has completely unraveled.

Knowing he needs to hurry or be forced to restart his search lest he become subject to the Glade’s properties, Caleb eventually finds a strange scene. What appear to be several humanoid eggplants are relaxing in various pools of the purple liquid he fell into earlier. Approaching the creatures, the Hooded steps into a puddle and is sucked into it. Falling through a tube for what feels like an hour, Caleb is eventually spat out in a cave hidden behind an orange waterfall. Collecting himself, the Coalitionist looks up and sees what appears to be a massive octopus-whale hybrid sleeping. Trying to sneak away as quickly and quietly as he can, the Hooded is actually swept in closer when the beast turns in it’s sleep. Now wrapped up in the creature’s many arms, Caleb prepares to go Spectral once more but stops when he hears giant footsteps approaching. The stomping eventually comes to a stop and soon after a massive purple hand reaches inside the cave. Pulling out the sleeping Kracktopus and the entangled Caleb is a Wild Growth empowered Lulu with Pix.

CRSN

“Kracktopus you’ve gotta wake up silly. I heard from the tulips that a new friend has come to the Glade and you can’t meet them if you’re sleeping. Oh what’s that Pix? Oh my, hello there new friend! Uh oh, it looks like you’re in quite the bind. Hmm… oh, I’ve got it! Adoribus!” The gigantic Lulu shouts before the Hooded stranger starts to shrink. Putting Kracktopus down in the nearby basin, the yordle makes herself smaller before picking up her squirrely new friend and leaving.

Deciding to head towards the Squirrelly Grove to introduce the new mammal in town, Lulu puts him inside of her satchel and also notices she doesn’t have any snacks. Feeling her tummy rumbling, the yordle girl pulls out her trusty doodad, which appears currently as a forty sided die, before tickling it to teleport away. Arriving at the Tasty Faefolks’ pools, the sorceress pulls out a gourd and fills it with their tasty purple contents. Quickly saying hi and bye, Lulu then does a handstand before tumbling into a field of giant vegetables. Picking out a twenty foot tall parsnip, the Fae Sorceress shrinks it down to a more edible size before pulling her hat down over her eyes. By the time she finishes spinning after that Lulu is dizzy and finds herself in the Squirrelly Grove.

With the sun shining overhead just like in the prime realm, tall oaks to climb, and plenty of other squirrels to play with, Lulu lets loose her new friend and throws out a handful of acorns. Watching him become surrounded by eager and hungry squirrels, the Fae Sorceress decides to walk off when she suddenly trips. Taking a moment to realize it wasn’t intentional, the yordle looks down at her foot and sees a pink string. Deciding to tug on it to see where it leads, Lulu is surprised to see that she has yanked the newest squirrel away from the dozens of others in the group. Putting down her dazed buddy, the child mage sits down to eat her lunch while Pix flies off to the nearby lake of lilies. Looking closer at the transformed stranger Lulu considers changing him back when her best friend flies back to her.

“What’s wrong Pix? Mumblesprites are attacking the faerie babies! Well lead the way.” A shocked Lulu tells her faerie companion before they zippy away. Following them as quickly as his little legs can carry him is Caleb who despite his current situation still feels the need to protect the yordle child.

Arriving to what looks like a miniature dogfight between faerie parents and their impish counterparts, Lulu starts firing Glitterlances to attract the vicious creatures’ attention. With her goal accomplished, the Fae Sorceress quickly flees back to the meadow to draw the dream projections away from the infant faeries. Along the way though she trips and scrapes her knee. Looking down she sees the same pink string from earlier before the squirrel it’s attached to leaps into the air and tackles a mumblesprite. Slapping the familiar silly with his little paws, the brave little rodent quickly puts himself between the approaching swarm and Lulu. Realizing her little hero needs help, the Fae Sorceress unleashes her Wild Growth spell on the purple critter.

‘Well I didn’t expect this to be the way I died. Ziz is going to be pissed. Ouch! Who hit my head and why am I so tall.’ Caleb thinks to himself as he feels a warm breeze surround him and knocks up the surrounding impish cretins. Looking around him, the Hooded sees that some of the local squirrels have gathered to admire their now swole comrade.

“Sorry I had to change you again before turning your back to normal. Okay you muscular munchkin, I need you to show these baddies what for!” Lulu tells her new mount after climbing onto his back. Noticing his fist starting to glow, the champions quickly realize that the Hooded can use abilities in this new form.

Taking advantage of this, and the fact Lulu’s Wild Growth is slowing down the mumblesprite significantly, Caleb charges up his Pumpkin Beam. Seeing him posing for some reason, Lulu and Pix decide to show their new friend what to do by firing a couple of Glitterlances. Accidentally combining their Glitterlances and Pumpkin Beam, the three amigos unleash a destructive wave that completely vaporizes the impish menaces. Witnessing their success, Lulu jumps for joy but ends up tumbling off Caleb’s back only to be caught by her foot. Still smiling, the yordle child undoes his squirrely transformation but ends up being taken higher into the air as her “Tremendo” spell has yet to run out.

“Oops, looks like my spell hasn’t ended yet. Just one moment, Transmogulate! There we are, everyone is back to their proper heights, I think. Thank you for your help mister. You were the bravest squirrel and a fun play mate. Maybe we could keep playing together? I mean if you don’t mind being around someone like me.” The Fae Sorceress uncharacteristically nervously asks Caleb. Taking note of the Hood’s condition, that being only the hood and left sleeve remain, the older sibling takes a seat by a nearby oak and invites Lulu next to him.

“Lulu I would love to be friends with you but I also can’t stay here in the Glade. {But why not?} Because I have other friends waiting for me to go home. {We’re friends too aren’t we?} Yes we are; which is why you should take a break from the Glade too. Trust me when I say that plenty of people will want to be your friend too, all you have to do is be brave enough to take a chance.” Caleb tells the yordle girl in an attempt to convince her to leave. While he is doing this the Hood is preparing to pull him back to Bandle.

“But everyone back home always thought I was too much of a weirdo. Pix was my first real friend and everyone else here has been so nice to me. I still feel a little sad whenever I think about home though, why is that mister?” Lulu asks her new friend while feeling a little teary eyes. Pulling her a bit closer to his side, Caleb takes off her hat and gives her a few head pats.

“I know how you feel, you’re feeling a bit homesick aren’t you? That’s also why I need to go too because otherwise I won’t be able to see my friends, sister, or everyone else I know. But you wanna know a secret? No matter how far away we get from those we care about, they're always with us. Also you’re not a weirdo Lulu, you’re quirky and I like people like that. All my friends are like that too and I don’t mind it because the world is too serious anyways. I have to go now but I won’t forget our time here. See you later Lulu.” Caleb tells the five year old before putting her hand back on her head. Watching over her as the exhaustion of today takes her, the Hooded pulls her hand down over her sleeping face before pulling himself back to Bandle City.

CRSN

Following a report about a tall figure appearing near Norra’s abandoned house, Tristana has brought Teemo along to help her investigate. Looking around the premise for clues, Teemo accidentally trips on a piece of pink string tied to the house’s door. Following the strange piece of fabric into the woods, the pair find themselves going in circles for an hour before they go back to the house. With their search proving fruitless the pair start to mess with the string more and find that it won’t break. Wanting some answers, the two yordles decide to wait for the string’s owner to return. Their patience is soon rewarded as the Hooded comes flying towards them.

“Oh shoot, take cover! {Weee!} Alright you pink human, tell us why you’re coming around Norra’s house so much?! Do you know where she is?” Tristana questions the pink ball of fluff that slams down next to her. Picking up her cannon for added effect, she is shocked when the stranger’s hand passes through it and comes out with her ammo.

“Careful where you point that thing Tristana. I don’t know where the bookworm is but I do have a favor to ask you. I found a little girl named Lulu and I think she’ll come to Bandle soon. Could you take care of her for me? She gets anxious about what other people think of her. Oh hey Teemo you’re here too.” The Hooded innocently replies before shaking off his Courageous attire. Returning to normal, the yordle gunner recognizes who he is after he went around asking for Norra’s cat not too long ago.

“Well you’re not lying. So we’ve got an MIA coming back home named Lulu huh? Wait, you just left her alone?!” The “older sister” of the puppy brained short folk asks incredulously. Realizing Teemo is still dazed from the Hooded crash landing near them, Tristana takes one of his mushrooms and snaps it under his nose to wake him up.

“I mean she’s magical so it’s not like I could force to come with me. Anyways I was just using Norra’s house as a reference point so I wouldn’t get lost on my journey to check on Lulu. Hope I answered whatever questions you might have for me Tris, I’ll be heading home now.” Caleb informs the yordle cannoneer before teleporting away. Just by entering reality near his manor however gives the Hooded a strange feeling. Changing his destination at the last moment, he materializes outside of the hidden property and finds that it has transformed while he was away.

XxxX

Multiversal Shorts: Conflation Multiverse

Heading into work at his office stationery company, the Orc Boss Gruut Snarl checks his inbox and finds a threatening letter. Apparently Silver City’s resident xenophobic cult have sent him an ultimatum telling him and his nonhuman employees to leave town. The alternative being that they will send a small force to burn down his business and force them to leave. With the police not wanting to get involved unless it’s an all out takedown on the cult, and lacking time to get enough boyz to defend the company himself, Gruut Snarl decides on a different approach. Picking up a flier that also came in the mail, the orc decides to make a call to another fellow new company.

CNMU

Two miles just off the outskirts of Silver City’s winding rivers and iconic silvery skyscrapers, sits a humble two story brick building. With their fliers sent out, Fleetfoot Mercenary and Investigation Enterprises is open for business; mostly. Getting up from his soaked bed, Caleb greets the day by brushing his teeth before going into the kitchen to brew some coffee. Looking around at the boxes needing to be unpacked, the mercenary mage sighs and notes they could use more furniture. Putting on his second best black suit and rinsing his mouth out, the cofounder heads to his office and takes a seat behind his desk. The recent college graduate barely has time to sit down before the desk phone rings and he eagerly answers it.

“This is Fleetfoot Investigations and Mercenary Enterprises, Caleb Fleetfoot speaking. Sir I will let you know that I am not a git and we do provide defensive services. Yes the flier does mention flexible payment plans. The payment is usually determined on site and only after the work has been done; we do however expect payment within one day of completion but we won’t bankrupt you or anything like that. I see. Well I’d like to thank you for choosing us for this and we’ll be on site within the hour.” Caleb informs the ork as professionally as he can while fisting pumping in excitement. Summoning a bottle of champagne from a pocket dimension in his suit, the mercenary pops it to celebrate his company’s first official mercenary-based job.

Smelling the cheap wine from upstairs, a human sized blob of red slime emerges from Caleb’s bed and sinks through the floor to reach him. Opening one of his desk’s drawers, the slime reclaims the piece it used to listen in on his call. She then takes the opportunity to remind him of the investigation-based job that came in yesterday. Spitting out a photograph of a brunette girl, the slime’s fellow cofounder quickly loses his excitement at the reminder of all the recent missing children in the area. He remembers how grief stricken her florist mother was when she came to tell them about Ryleigh’s disappearance. Sighing, Caleb quickly puts his hands around the pile of ooze and promises her that they’ll completely commit to the young brunette’s case after this job. With that settled the pair gather as many weapons as they can carry inside of Caleb’s suit and leave to meet Mr. Snarl.

CNMU

Arriving at a five story office building made of glass and steel, the mercenaries spend all day constructing a plan after surveying the area. Built along one of the city’s rivers, this river covers the northern and eastern sides of the building; to defend this front Caleb deploys a beast known as the “octopanda” into the waters. Turning their focus to the lawn separating them from the street to the south and the parking lot in the west, Caleb’s fellow cofounder sets up an automated system of Cecil Beam Turrets on the ground floor. She also leaves “presents” for the incoming cultist spread out across the southern lawn. With the office supply building now fortified, Caleb heads towards the southwestern corner of the building and flips a desk over. Using it as cover, he takes a seat before his partner undulates next to him.

“Hey beautiful, considering what we’re dealing with I thought that old orc might give us some issues. Real glad he calmed down when he saw you were a non-human too. Alrighty then, it’s almost sundown which means it’s almost showtime. You know what to do but please be careful dear.” The young man tells his companion before sending her off with a pat to the “head”. As she slips away to complete her task, Caleb takes this moment to perform a weapons check; he proceeds to lay out a Chempunk Chainsword, a silver and steel bastard sword, and a holy blessed revolver paired with an infernal pistol.

Just as promised, when the sun sets four freight trucks and two skiffs acting as transports for the cultist appear. Counting them as they emerge, Caleb finds that each truck has over a dozen followers each and that each boat is holding six members each. He also notes how they are all wearing suits like his except with bowties; this annoys him as they are basically unintentionally mocking his professionalism. Hearing some shouting coming from the riverbank side of the building, the magus can only assume they found the “octopanda”. Opening a small portal to confirm what is happening, Caleb sees that one of the skiffs has capsized and soon after a large, black and white, aquatic bear with the beak of an octopus and eight furry tentacles is tearing apart the crew. As the other boat prepares to flee a rocket soon destroys it as well and Caleb realizes his partner didn’t want to leave him just yet. Meanwhile outside, the cultists hear the commotion and rush forward to kill any defenders they can. Their assault is cut short however when one of them suddenly explodes and they realize that the front lawn has landmines everywhere. Not wanting to give them a chance to recover from their “presents”, the mercenary mage quickly turns on the CBTs and begins to open fire with his pistols as well. With nowhere to take cover, the arsonists quickly run for the cover of their trucks. By the time they are in relative safety ten seconds have passed and over three quarters of them are dead. The final straw that breaks the camel's back and routes them is when Caleb combines his pistols into their Purgatory form before launching a ball of lightning towards them. Seeing one of their trucks explode, and realizing that whoever is inside is playing with them, the cultists make a break for it with the truck they are hiding behind.

Giving them a chance to “escape” before emerging from his spot, Caleb watches them from a distance before he starts to transform. Growing several feet taller, the magus’ head quickly turns more canid and skull-esque before sprouting large dark horns. His clothes are just as suddenly torn apart as flailing tendrils run down his spine before being replaced by a cloak of steel blue feathers. Using his now elongated arms and legs, Caleb moves onto all fours before climbing up a nearby building. As the wind blows the wispy gray hairs across his Dark Self’s body, the mercenary mage begins to stalk after the fleeing trunk using a trail of slime it was leaving behind.

CNMU

Tracking the fleeing cultists to an old meat distribution center underneath a highway, Caleb turns himself back to normal before sneaking inside. Finding an old emergency escape route sign the magus is able to plan out his route. If his numbers and thinking is correct then the cult’s leader will be in the overseer’s office on the third floor; with any luck the information for who is bankrolling them will also be there. Using the arrival of the panicking cult members to cover his infiltration to the second floor, he is almost immediately hit with the smell of rotting meat. Following the scent Caleb arrives at a locked down and puts his hand to it before opening a portal through it. Looking inside he sees several mounds of bodies in the process of being looted. As he gets ready to leave the magus instead hears several approaching voices and insides jumps into the room. Trying to find a place to hide, the mercenary takes a breath before diving into the pile of corpses.

“I can’t believe we’re being put on looting duty! Seriously how the fuck did that orc set up any of that in time? Hand me the circular saw.” A pale, tall man tells the blonde woman next to him before putting on an apron. He is then forced to wait a bit as she takes one last drag of her cigarette.

“Yeah, tell me about it. Here. Oh wait can you help me hook up this elf? Seriously, how are they so light footed but heavy?“ She asks her companion before grabbing the dark elf by their legs. Pulling the body off of the pile, they are too busy to see Caleb slightly sweating as he begins to panic a bit; not so much at the prospect of fighting but that if he does they might alert the entire building.

As if sensing the danger he is in, an older man suddenly starts stumbling into the room before he falls over. The pair of killers stop what they’re doing and go to help their convulsing elder when suddenly a stream of crimson erupts from his mouth. They aren’t even given a chance to scream as the pile of ooze encases both their heads and melts them by turning highly acidic. A few seconds pass before the now decapitated bodies hit the floor and the magus pulls himself up. Sticking his hand towards the pool of blood and slime he then cast his own personal reformation spell. Feeling the flow of his magic and latching on, Caleb’s companion reforms herself into the appearance of a nude woman; one that is slightly younger than him and with red hair that ends in pink highlights. Using her human form’s legs to walk towards the death woman cultist, Sona flops onto her body. Understanding what she wants, Caleb prepares a new spell and casts it to give her a magical replica of the deceased blonde’s attire.

“Ugh, never really did understand people who liked vore. Oh don’t look at me like that, besides did you plant the explosives just as planned? Who am I kidding of course you did. Come on Red, let's see if we can find what I want here. Thanks for the save by the way.” Caleb tells his partner before trading one slime soaked detonator for the old man’s bowler hat. Patting her on the head, the pair of mercenaries make their way to the third floor and locate the empty cult leader’s office to begin searching.

The Fleetfoot co-founders eventually succeed in their goal after finding a safe hidden behind a filing cabinet. Using her acid to melt the metal box open, Sona watches as Caleb speed reads through the various documents and notes inside. Once he is done and sets down the last page, the magus chuckles a bit at the irony that the xenophobic cult has been mostly funded by a demonic entity. In exchange for funds the fiend has been asking for children with high magical potential. Finding it a bit odd such a fiend would be operating outside of it’s jurisdiction in this part of reality, Caleb double checks the papers but finds nothing explaining it; instead he finds out the creature’s location. Having everything they need, the pair make a call to the local police and make their way towards the exits. Reaching the back loading bay area, the duo are confronted by a pair of guards. Not wanting to waste anymore time on the cult, Sona flings out two globlues of acid that melts one guard’s heart and the other’s head. Speed walking away so they can hurry to see if they can save Ryleigh, the investigators don’t even take the time to take in the sight of dozens of patrol cars arriving before a massive firefight breaks out. Before they teleport away, Sona takes Caleb’s hand and together they activate the detonator. With the cult’s headquarters erupting into flames behind them as the sun starts to rise in the distance, the Fleetfoot Investigators disappear.

CNMU

Appearing in a scrapyard just east of the city, Caleb and Sona search the mounds of metal for traces of demonic magic. Their search eventually leads them to a dilapidated trailer that Caleb decides to enter alone while having Sona keep watch outside. Making his way inside of the ominous residence, the magus instantly recognizes that he has just entered a pocket dimension; especially since the door closes behind him and disappears. Cautiously making his way inside of the residence, the investigator doesn’t need the warping shadows, breathing floorboards, or constant echoes of misery to know this is truly a den of evil. Summoning his bastard sword, Caleb channels mana into it and causes the blade to become electrified in order to act as a makeshift torch. Hearing something scurrying away, the magus looks around the corner of the nearby dying room and notices a flicker of candlelight. Following the source of the light underneath a table he finds a terrified young girl in rags. Despite approaching her as calmly as he can, the child yips in alarm before turning into a mouse and running away. Sensing where the immature druid is going by following her magic signature, Caleb finds that she has slipped under a nearby couch and decides to instead greet her magically instead of physically this time. Extending it like a hand, the girl feels what is almost like a storm coming towards her but one that brings her comfort instead of fear.

“Little lady, can you understand me? If you can, I came here to save you and bring you home. Ryleigh, your mommy is very worried about you and wants to see you again.” He calmly tells the little mouse before she emerges from hiding. Waiting for her to transform back, Caleb then picks her up and decides to ask her what happened while he plans their escape.

“I-I found out that I had magic and I got so scared that mommy w-would find out so I ran away! Then these people in suits grabbed me and then, and then they brought me here. She was so nice to us but then when she wanted to play hide and seek Timothy said he didn’t want to so she ahh!” The sobbing druid girl is unable to finish her blubbering explanation as she looks up. Clinging to the ceiling with eight arachnid legs on it’s side is the demon, a nightmarish creature with reptilian hind legs, no face, and strands of flesh acting as clothing.

Dropping down to impale the adult intruder, the demon isn’t prepared for when he transforms his arms and smacks it away mid-air. Not wanting to give it a chance to recover, Caleb grabs it and slams the fiend into a nearby wall before punching it hard enough to embed it in place. With the creature stuck in place for now, the magus quickly picks up Ryleigh and runs off with her. Recovering shortly afterwards, the fiend follows after then but it stops near the dining room when it notices a dying candle on the ground. Swatting it to extinguish the light, the fiend leaves quickly to resume it’s chase once the burning obstruction is gone.

Sensing something is wrong, Sona tries to head inside of the trailer but finds she is unable to open the door. Knowing that her partner needs her, the slime increases her acidity to try drilling her way inside. Her minor hopes that it would be easy are quickly dashed when the trailer starts to regenerate. This doesn’t deter her however as she only increased her corrosive assault on the residence while draining it of any magic that tries to stop her.

Meanwhile inside, Caleb has escaped back to the foyer he entered from but still doesn’t see a door. Turning towards the approaching skittering sound, the mercenary mage charges the lightning in his blade before firing it. While the fiend is able to dodge the electrical attack, Caleb is able to notice that it still flinched in pain once the light of the area increased. Channeling more power into his blade, the magus illuminates the room and forces the demon back. Turning back to check on Ryleigh he notices a small hole appearing in the wall of the residence. Checking to make sure the fiend isn’t looking, Caleb tells the druidic child to escape while he tries to finish this. Transforming herself back into a mouse, the girl leaps out of the small hole and finds herself in a mass of slime. Relenting her attack upon feeling something enter her, Sona gently ejects the child out of her before she starts to make the gap big enough for Caleb to escape as well. Noticing his partner’s efforts, the Durand graduate starts to cover the growing doorway with a barrier of shadows. Feigning his strength weakening by slowly dimming the light of his blade, Caleb stares down the demon before him. “Come and get me!”, the magus yells at the fiend before it rushes towards him in a mass of undulating limbs. As it pounces towards him, the investigator springs his trap. Dispelling his barrier of shadows to let in the rising sun’s light, Caleb ducks and lets the fiend fling itself outside. With his foe in a compromised position, the magus unleashes another bolt of lighting that ignites the entrance of the trailer on fire. Flawlessly executing his plan, all that’s left for Caleb to do is shove fire multiple blessed bullets into it’s burning body before decapitating it with his chainsword.

CNMU

A day passes and Caleb is finishing up a call as Sona walks into his office with their orders from Burger Emperor. Hanging up, the magus gets up from his desk and carries his partner upstairs to their newly refurbished living room. Laying her down on the new purple couch they bought, the Fleetfoot co-founders cuddle together, distribute each other’s food and relax.

“Mmm this feels nice. I know it was just supposed to be just business when we got all those cultists killed but between the two million unit reward and the stationary for life from that orc… mmm I’m glad they’re dead. Aren’t you my gooey gal?” Caleb confesses while nuzzling his partner before she picks up a piece of chocolate from the table. Jiggling a bit from giggling at his thought process, Sona agrees before tossing the candy into herself.

Moving herself so that her head is in his lap, the slime girl enjoys it when her partner starts to stroke her head. Eating a burger in one hand while enjoying the feeling of the ooze’s purring against him with his other, Caleb gets an alert on his phone that their mail has arrived. Finishing up their food, the investigating pair head back downstairs and find a letter asking for their help in the reception area. Reading it over, the mercenaries learn that a local noble family is currently suffering from a haunting of some kind and are requesting help. Looking into each other’s eyes, Caleb snaps his fingers and the pair are quickly dressed before heading out to see about this new job.

XxxX

Chapter 9: REmonetization

Chapter Text

A/N Hey guys, welcome, welcome, welcome. So I wanted to get out something before I more or less go off the grind starting on the 22nd of June until the 2nd of July. As for the second part of the Void Special, well that might take a bit or might not come at all to be honest. Partly from me wanting to do it justice as well as sort out what exactly I wanna do with it but also for some more depressing news. If you’ve read my stories you might have seen me mention someone as my muse, well recently she cut off communications with me and I doubt I will be able to talk to her again. This is depressing on a personal level as they were a very close friend to me over the years and I’m most likely never going to be able to talk to them. There was no fight between us or anything either, they just started ghosting me all of a sudden. I don’t hold much ill will against them but yeah I’ve lost some motivation for it and I’m somewhat depressed by the whole situation. They helped to inspire a lot of the characters and determine which stories I would write but now they’re gone. Anyways I hope you all enjoy this remaster, I wish them the best of luck if they’re reading, and I hope to see you all again. Please also enjoy the Star Guardian part of the Anti-Void Special, it basically is the longest work I’ve done and I put a lot of time into it.

Starring: Levia, Caleb, Paranormal Metto and Layka, Inkblot Vi, Inkblot Caitlyn, Inkblot DAHN, Traditional Cathy, Dark Elf Aki, Quinn, Morgana, Conflation Caleb, Conflation Sona, Conflation Olaf, and Conflation Ziggs.

Appearances and Cameos by: Koblinoids Squadron, Inkblot Twitch, and Inkblot Warwick.

XxxX

‘Caleb, would you kindly remind me why we don’t just warn everyone about things like the Ruination, Darkin, or any of the other super evil stuff coming?’ Levia asks the Hooded in an attempt to pass the time during their walk. It turns out that after extracting Lulu from the Glade, Caleb decided that he wanted to enjoy nature for a bit and teleported near the manor instead of directly into it.

“Levia, you already know why not. If we started telling people about these things then the timeline might get even more messy than it already is. Like say we go kill Sylas in his cell to stop the Demacian Revolt, what happens to Lux? Maybe nothing or maybe she becomes unstable from not learning to control her powers and goes off like a bomb. Or if we told people about Viego and the Void then they might try to prematurely attack and get slaughtered for it. Basically we’d rather deal with the devils we know… what the fuck happened to my house?!” Is Caleb’s reaction upon seeing the reality altering changes that occurred during his absence. Just by looking at the mountain that his manor is attached to he can see that it is now made of various mishmash materials.

Rushing to the front door, the Hooded finds the Koblinoids either running in circles panicking or trying desperately to keep the door closed. Seeing the master of the manor approaching them, the sentai team calms down and tells him what happened. As it turns out, once Caleb left to go searching for Lulu, the Sleipnirs decided to try out some skins for themselves. Not long after they infiltrated the Multiversal Mirror Room it began twisting the manor. The little lizards proceeded to flee outside and in a moment of shame realized they shouldn’t be panicking let alone for several hours. Head patting the party champions, Caleb shoos them away from the door, which is currently made out of half carved bones and half hand drawn pictures, before heading inside.

CRSN

Arriving in what appears to be a school from the more modernized multiverses, Caleb begins walking down a hallway. Taking note of the rapidly flickering lights and the darting shadows on the walls, the Hooded turns the corner and immediately realizes he has somehow looped around. Walking forward cautiously, a shiver travels up his spine and it takes all of Caleb’s instincts to not turn around. Continuing to walk forward slowly and ignoring the presence of pure dread behind him, he notices that the classroom doors have begun leaking dark ichor. Nearing the end of the loop, the Hooded attaches a Coercion line to the corner and repeats his walk. Despite the lockers now glowing red and breathing, Caleb continues the loop in the hopes his plan will work. Believing that if he can get behind the entity he can break the loop, the twin senses tension in the line and prepares to release it when a black cat with green and blue eyes appears.

“Well, well, well, aren’t you just the most try hard looking bastard I’ve ever had the displeasure of looking at. Hey, you do realize an azakana is following you right? Or am I giving you way too much credit?” The sassy and crude feline questions the Hooded in a familiar voice. Looking over the trapped man’s shoulder, the cat catches the gaze of the evil spirit which begins to chase her down the hall which is now full of corpses.

Freed from his stalker, Caleb watches the mass of darkness turn around the corner before he rushes after it and breaks the cycle. Turning the corner, both the Hooded and demon are suddenly struck blind by a bright flash of light and stunned in place. Opening his eyes, the twin sees Layka standing before them with a camera in her hands. Wearing a yellow raincoat and blue jeans, the exorcist tells the man to jump back before reaching into her hood. Pulling out a molotov cocktail, she ignites it and throws the improvised incendiary weapon at the demon. Watching as it flails in agony, Layka reaches back once more to pull out a piece of blessed saltwater taffy and tosses it into her mouth. Calming down tasting the treat and entering a meditative state, her back explodes in a flash of light. Revealing a glowing series of protective and empowering tattoos, the investigator holds out her hand and materializes a sword made from the wind with ten talismans of banishment floating around it.

“I’m sorry you’ve had to suffer so much spirit, may you find peace on the other side.” Layka calmly mutters both in prayer and to the spirit before cutting it in half. As the flames die down, the cat from before casually walks next to the woman in yellow.

“You know you don’t need to pray for all of them, just sending them packing is enough. Oh right, by the way, is Edgelord Mcgee over there a friend of yours or something?” Metto asks her partner before sticking her tongue at the man. Picking up her familiar by the scruff of her neck, the exorcist walks up to the Hooded to properly introduce themselves. “Greeting sir, my name is Layka and this crude kitty is named Metto.”

“Thank you for your help Ms. Layka and Metto. I should get going now. If you could step outside so I could meet you shortly, that would be most excellent.” Caleb requests the duo before walking off deeper into the school. Feeling the pair exiting the manor, the Hooded is one step closer to resetting the confused residence to it’s original state; all that’s left is to get the others outside.

PARA

Making his way past the winding halls, Caleb opens a cartoonish door and arrives in an equally cartoonish version of Zaun. Walking past the monochromatic buildings, the Hooded and Levia notice the increasing amount of slapstick humor going on around them and struggle not to laugh. Suddenly a large mouse with a suction cup crossbow being chased by a werewolf in overalls passes Caleb fast enough to send him spinning into a nearby manhole. Popping back out of the dark circle on the ground, the twin finds himself back in his Courageous outfit with the addition of a pair of white gloves. Realizing the area around him is trying to influence him, Caleb starts to rush towards an exit but finds himself not going anywhere as the background keeps looping.

“What in the H-E-double hockey sticks did they do to the mirror?! Frack me, Levia this place is even censoring us. Fudge now we’ve got cops coming.” Caleb mutters as his vision starts to turn grainy. As the smiling vehicle approaches, the Hooded’s body becomes more round and compact; his time is running out faster than expected.

“Oi dewdropper! Why are you running around like a total wacko huh? You aren’t on Panther Piss are ya?” A variant of Vi asks the masked up suspect. Putting her gloved thumbs into her mouth, the tube armed woman blows and they suddenly expand to massive proportions.

“Officer Vi you’re being obtuse. Now then, sir, we have been receiving calls of a hooded individual running around these parts. We would like to know what you’re doing?” Caitlyn inquires of the man while emerging from their squad car. Adjusting the star badge on her tunic and brushing down her long skirt, the custodian helmet wearing sheriff stands next to her pinstripe suit wearing partner.

“Oh well I’m terribly sorry officers, you see I was lost and running around trying to find the location of my new doctor. Their name is Daniello but sometimes they go by the name Dahn which is why I got confused. If you could give me directions to his office that would be great.” Caleb asks the pair of officers who give him a judging look.

“Well if that’s the case we’ll drop you off at his office. You seem to be telling the truth and we wouldn’t want someone hurt to have to walk there.” Caitlyn tells the Hooded before opening the car’s back door with her rubber hose animated arms. Cautiously entering the vehicle, Caleb is pleasantly surprised when they keep their word and drop him off

Arriving at a three story clinic, Caleb walks into the reception area and is approached by a woman in a lab coat. As soon as she introduces herself as Asya he instantly knows why DAHN’s influence is great here. Letting her inspect him for injuries, she finds nothing visibly concerning and hands him a form to fill out before answering a nearby phone. A few minutes later Caleb hands her the form and she sends it up a nearby tube. After that her children Hedeon and Nadia come to ask her if they could go out for lunch to which she agrees. Once they are gone an older man’s voice beckons the Hooded to come to Daniello’s office via a living intercom. Doing as he was told, Caleb walks into the doctor’s office and sees him calmly checking over his instruments. Putting away his favorite recorder and pulling out a pencil, Daniello draws a comfy chair for his guest to sit in.

“I knew this was too good to last sir. { “I’m sorry Daniello.” } It’s alright Hooded.” Daniello tries to reassure his fellow coalitionist but fails to hide the solemn look on his face.

“Geez Daniello, you’re looking at me like I’m the Kindred. Wait, is there something you’re not telling us, Dahn?” Caleb asks his friend before the man draws them both a cup of coffee.

“While we are here please call me Daniello. You know, sometimes I wonder what would’ve happened if I followed my hobby of drawing instead. But that doesn’t answer your question nor is it my reality. I suppose it was nice to see a timeline where I got to sort of do it, as well as one where I am not dying.” Daniello says dropping that last bit of information almost in a whisper.

“Would you care to elaborate on that last part please? From the way you’re acting it seems to have been a subject that has been eating away at you for a while now.” Caleb requests the Sleipnir member before taking a sip of his coffee.

“Of course sir. You see I was somewhat forced to rush my procedure to become DAHN and as such my creations weren’t fully matured. As such my metabolism is burning me out per say and I’m only able to keep it at bay by consuming so much biomass; hence my willingness and eagerness to eat our fallen enemies. { “I didn’t realize that was the case.” } Neither did I until I ran the numbers in my head; I’m not that far gone heh. As for if this will impede my performance in our future Operations, or the Campaign of Liberation, then the answer is no. Not in any way that I am aware of though in my current state of mind I see how hypocritical and selfish I have become. I once became a doctor to help others and I was so afraid of losing everything yet I turned myself into a monster capable of ending so many others. { “You still do help others. Without DAHN so many more will suffer.” } I suppose so. You know I rather like this timeline, I got to accomplish both of my dreams, both as an artist and as a healer. What I really wanted though was for the Mirror to show me a place where I kept my family. Do you think I’m a terrible person for envying myself?” A somewhat distraught Daniello asks with a chuckle.

“No, I find myself looking at other versions of myself wishing I could do some of the things they could. Or it means we’re both terrible people but I wanna be optimistic about this. { “Heh, good one sir.” } Thank you, also thank you for telling me these things. I won’t tell the others unless you want me to though I suspect San might know already, she’s quite good at that sort of thing. But yeah there’s nothing wrong with wishing you had another’s lifestyle. Now then Daniello, I’m willing to give you at least five more minutes before you have to leave the manor. I care about you and don’t want you in here when I restart it, also I kind of need directions on how to get out of this place.” Caleb confesses while rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.

“Thank you sir, I loved seeing them in person again, even though it was a projection. Now then, for you to get your goofball behind out of here you’ll need to break the fourth wall. So just keep walking towards the screen, it’s a bit of a mind over matter thing. I need to hurry along now too, I’d hate to leave this world on a sad note and I’m not sure how long I’ve got in me to hold back my tears.” The now smiling doctor informs the Hooded before drawing a door. Watching him step into that mysterious doorway, Caleb then takes his advice and starts to picture himself in a box and that he is pushing his way out of it.

TOON

‘It’s rather troublesome isn’t it? I wonder if Aki and Cathy will be influencing their areas as much as DAHN did. Perhaps they won’t even recognize us like Metto and Layka. What do you think Caleb?’ Levia inquires of her bond before they enter a stairwell. Unsure of which way to go, Caleb pulls out a coin and flips it.

“In order of those questions. Not really since they’d do the same for me. It will depend on how much they desire that timeline’s projection. However to answer the last part, it will depend on how similar it is to their true selves. Hence why Metto and Layka had no issues thinking they were an alternate version of a spirit and exorcist but Dahn being independent in mind was jarring.” Caleb answers the Leviathan before catching the coin which has landed on tails. Starting to make his way downwards, the Hooded remembers to shake off his cartoonish look and returns to his standard appearance.

CRSN

Entering a maze of pipes, the stench of burning chemicals in the air let’s Caleb know he is once more in Zaun but on fire. Hearing in the distance the sound of gunfire and light fire, he realizes that he is in a recreation of the Liberation of Piltover and Zaun. Ignoring the ground’s violent shaking, as he knows it’s the Greater Peacekeeper Golems awakening, the Hooded heads deeper into the tunnels beneath the city. Eventually he comes across Cathy except she is in her previously more crudely made body. Slumped against the nearby wall and surrounded by bodies, her body is experiencing exhaustion from her Zaunite designed augments being pushed to their limits. Looking up to see the Hooded, Cathy reveals her face is covered in the same metal plates that replace the rest of her flesh but lacking the exposed wiring that covers her musculature. Pushing herself up with her circular saw hand, slipping as she has forgotten how hard it is with just the blade, and instead using her other hand which has an actual appendage, the Cyber Pilot salutes the Hooded. He takes note of the now badly damaged pair of artificial arms on the back of her boxy body clinging to a backpack.

“Boss! W-w-what are you doing here? I thought you’d still be training. Hell if anything you should go topside and help with those walkers being woken up. I’m not important enough to warrant your help.” The confused cyborg tells her commander before turning her head in a circle to confirm no nearby enemies with a scan.

“I came to help you Cathy before I heard you have a way to stop them.” Caleb tells his cybernetic friend before getting a closer peek into her backpack; inside of it is a Mana Disruption Generator.

“Logical. Up ahead is Viktor’s underground lab and inside is a power generator I was going to use with the MDG. Without the Mana Barriers those walkers will fall and it should disable any Hextech for a bit as a bonus but I’ve got something to confess sir. In order to kickstart the reactor I will have to expose my hex core heart, it frightens me. With you here however I have a request, I need you to tell me to do this and follow it through to the end.” Cathy informs the Hooded and inspires the man with her loyalty. Putting his hand firmly on her shoulder, the Hooded tells her to complete the mission and she leaves to do just that.

A few minutes later there is a large pulse of energy and Caleb makes his way forward to find Cathy’s still body by the damaged reactor. Touching her corpse, a bright flash consumes the Hooded and when it disappears the Cyber Pilot’s body has vanished as well. Turning around to the sound of saws and lasers nearby, he notices that the door is sealed. His thoughts are soon interrupted when a massive quake hits and shortly afterwards the sound of fighting dies down. Cathy is then quick to burst into the room but is confused to see the Hooded standing before her.

“Boss?! What are you doing here? I would’ve thought you were still training. Forgive me but I have no time to chat, I need your help to create a mana draining blast to weaken the emerging walkers.” The determined Cyber Pilot informs her commander before pulling out her MDG and setting to work.

‘Caleb, you know as well as I that she doesn’t need us to actually do this. { ‘True.’ } Then why does she need us to tell her to do it or pretend she needs help doing it?’ Levia questions while Caleb is helping Cathy fix the core. Watching her remove the hex core from her chest, the cyborg plugs it into the machine and shortly after there is a surge of energy that kills her.

Watching the pulse going off, Caleb bends down to close Cathy’s eyes but the room quickly resets once more. Realizing the issue, the Hooded rushes outside and finds Caleb fighting a squad of chemtech enhanced thugs. After she uses her beam to blast the right arm off of one, the Cyber Pilot notices the Hooded charging up a Pumpkin Beam. Ducking flat against the ground, the tunnel is swiftly cleared by the Hooded’s attack.

“Cathy I need you to be honest with me, do you actually want to do this? Tell me right now that what you want to do is go into that room and die.” Caleb demands of the woman in an unusually serious voice. Dropping her backpack, Catherine slumps against the nearby wall and is soon joined by the Hooded.

“I’ve done this before haven’t I? { “At least two or three times yes.” } Now I remember, I also remember these were my final moments in the previous timeline. I was cut off from everyone after the Roc was shot down and all I could hear was radio chatter. When I overheard the locals trying to activate those walkers based off Blitzcrank I came up with my plan. You showed up not too long after I died if I recall correctly. { “I thought you all had died, I think.” } If I had been faster perhaps you wouldn’t have thought that and my death would’ve actually mattered. I wasn’t aware that we’d get a restart. Then again, everyone else got a restart from Ziz except me apparently. You all were born again while I was left to drift amongst the timelines. I’m happy to see the others less… damaged than before but I still feel like an outcast among ghosts. { “You wanted to go back? Is that what you asked in the Mirror?” } Not exactly. I’ve been over those feelings for a bit now but I suppose at least part of me had some regrets.” The cyborg admits before she turns back into her normal self. With her mind cleared, she prepares to leave the loop when Caleb stops her.

“Cathy, I have a new order for you. { “What is it sir?” } It is the same one that Riven once gave Dullahan after they first met. I want you to keep fighting so one day you can live. Can you do this for me and more importantly yourself?” Caleb asks his friend with as convincing of a smile as he can muster. Watching the gynoid’s eyes widen with awe he can tell that she has acknowledged his command before they return the way he came..

LOST

Parting ways with Cathy, Caleb begins to ascend the stairwell this time and starts to feel both a familiar chill and presence as he rises. Nearly slipping on the ice and snow that has begun to cover the steps, he eventually comes out onto the walls of a dreary stone castle. His vision is severely impaired by the ongoing blizzard around him but in the distance he can make out what appears to be a large wolf. Needing to get out of the supernatural cold, the Hooded leaps from the battlements and trudges through waist deep snow towards what he assumes is the great hall. Climbing up the steps of the building, he manages to open the large doors made of bones and finds himself in the throne room. Past a long table covered in plates of dust and ashes, attended by skeletons of various occupations and species. Is a giant, elderly woman with a wreath crown and fur robes. Approaching the woman’s throne of rusted weapons, Caleb senses the familiarity of the being and realizes it is an alternate version of Hell.

“Your place is not here young one, none from the lands of the living belong here. Tell me what it is you so desperately seek as to enter my domain.” The emaciated being demands of the warm blooded intruder. She doesn’t expect for him to shiver once more with the chill of the grave before touching her coat; even more surprising to Hel is how his own cloak changes to become fur like hers and he stops shaking.

“Much better Hood. Now, I am looking for someone by the name of Aki Genbu. If you could aid me in finding him then I will leave your realm swiftly and without issue.” Caleb tells the ancient entity before he hears a howl. It is the only warning he receives before the large wolf he glimpsed earlier enters the hall. Spectral Dashing out of the way of the overgrown puppy, the man sees it drop a corpse at his mistress' feet before leaving again.

“The dökkálfar you seek travels towards the base of the tree. To further aid you in your quest, as well as expedite you leaving my realm, I shall grant you a special skiff to reach them. Be warned however, child of mortality, for the dead have become restless as of late.” Hel warns the Hooded before manifesting a gnarled staff. As though to further justify her warning, the corpse rises only for her to crush it.

“I am looking for someone, their name is Aki. Would you happen to know where I can find him?” Caleb asks the alternate Hel as straightforward and honestly as he can. Hearing a howl, the Hooded turns and barely avoids being trampled by the large wolf he saw earlier. Acting like an oversized puppy, the beast drops a corpse at her feet before leaving again.

“The dökkálfar you seek travels to the base of the tree. I shall grant you a special skiff to reach them but be warned child, the dead have become restless as of late.” Hel warns Caleb before manifesting a gnarled staff. As though to prove her point, the corpse rises up only to be swiftly crushed.
T
Taking his leave, Caleb makes his way down from the cliff housing the castle to a port nearby. Boarding a used funeral pyre boat, the Hooded finds it easily proving it’s worth as despite it’s charred material when it easily moves through the realm’s frozen rivers. Eventually the waters begin to that and steam vents begin to line the coast as he approaches a realm of fire. Deciding to skit along the border between both realms, Caleb tosses a Coercion line into the water and is able to determine which way is downstream.

What feels like several hours pass by and eventually Caleb finds himself in a new area. Here the steam has turned into a fine mist as earthquakes begin around him. Almost being thrown overboard as the waters start to churn violently from the quakes, the Hooded spots a nearby beach and docks there. Jumping onto dark sands, he notices that beyond the beachhead is a strange first of what looks like upside down trees. With nowhere to go Caleb journeys into these strange woods and finds that the further he goes into this place the stronger and more frequent the earthquakes become. One such quake actually makes him pause for a moment and gives him a chance to look up towards the sky. Taking a moment to appreciate the uncountable stars, shooting stars, and polar lights above, the Hooded’s moment of peace is quickly ruined via an axe landing in the tree he is leaning against.

Emerging from the surrounding trees come several dozen bloated corpses like the one brought to Hel earlier; each with blue patches of frostbitten skin and black bruises across their deathly pale skin. The fact they are wielding broken weaponry doesn’t seem to be a factor for the undead as the closest one rushes Caleb. Dodging it’s sword’s swing, he sees their strength has been increased dramatically in undeath as the creature destroys the tree he was leaning against. Their look and power reminds him of the Mythic General classified as “Draugr” and as such he assumes that they must be such. Knowing this he summons the Betwixt Blade in it’s chainsaw form and starts to cut away at the creature’s thick skin. Leaving it a bisected mess before it turns into oily water, the Hooded turns to the approaching horde. Before they can engage him however a figure crashes down from the tree tops above into the middle of the masses. They then erupt into a massive cluster of ice and as the diamond dust settles an elf with powder blue skin and long raven hair emerges. Protected by a dark, forest green gambeson with golden chainmail underneath, Aki fixes his golden vambraces and matching grieves before dusting off his leather trousers. Looking closer at the armor Caleb sees them covered in detailed carvings depicting a serpent entombed in roots.

“Maðr, I require you to buy me time while I deal with the great serpent. { “What serpent?” } The one causing both these tremors and is responsible for these undead. My kind have given me the important task of sealing it deeper and you will aid me.” The dark elf informs Caleb while pointing a commanding finger at him. It gives the Hooded a moment to see the bright blue runes and ice lining his fist; he also spots a belt of purple glowing rune stones before Aki leaves him.

“Well thanks for the help I guess! Doesn’t mean someone isn’t getting yelled at when this is done! Alright, come at me then!” Caleb declares to the shambling crowd while revving his chain weapon.

Decapitating the closest draugr struggling to get up from Aki’s ice attack, Caleb dashes through another one’s ax swing before shooting it in the head with the Betwixt Crossbows. Firing into the crowd with an empowered shot, the Hooded then binds two together when they try to charge him. Another throws a spear at him only for Caleb to catch it and throw it back. He then feels a pain in his right hand just before parrying away a sword swing with his own blade. Kicking the offending creature away, Caleb reveals his right hand and sees a frostbite forming in the shape of the spear’s shaft. While he has the Betwixt Blade out the Hooded decides to send out a Pumpkin Slash which waist chops four more assailants. Making use of the space he created, Caleb channels Pumpkin Energy directly into his right hand and burns away the corruption consuming it.

WOAD

As the sounds of fighting grow distant, Aki arrives at the prison of Níðhǫggr. Encased in a spiral of vines, the great serpent of black scales and onyx feathered wings struggles once more. It’s arms sunken within the World Tree once more cause a tremor and upon seeing the elf it’s struggling only grows. Beginning the sealing ritual, Aki is in the middle of drawing several runes when he makes the mistake of looking into the creature’s eyes. While this doesn’t harm the elf it does cause him to feel sympathy for the beast as he witnesses it’s sadness.

WOAD

Tearing the head off his twelfth draugr using his bare hands, Caleb notices dozens more of the undead coming as reinforcements. Contemplating using the Dark Armor, the Hooded’s planning is interrupted when a roar comes from above. Riding in on wings of night, Aki descends upon the encroaching horde atop the legendary tree eater. The draugr horde quickly prove to be no match for Níðhǫggr as it starts to effortlessly bat them aside and melt them with it’s venom. Seeing an opening, Caleb raises his blade into the air and begins to channel a large Pumpkin Beam. Leaping down from the beast, Aki protects the human warrior from a spear by throwing one of his belt’s runes at the weapon. Consuming the projectile in flames, he then throws another at the offending undead and destroys it as well. In a storm of binding roots, impaling ice, and burning runic flames, the Shadow Wurm defends the Hooded long enough for him to charge his attack. Swinging his empowered blade down on the battlefield, Caleb destroys the remaining undead.

Seeing none of the draugr remaining, Aki turns to Níðhǫggr and using the World Tree binds it once more but with several changes. Allowing the serpent free reign to move it’s head and neck, the pair watch as it begins to devour the souls of the damned that drift in the realm. With the meal calming down the beast and the earthquakes stopping, Aki snaps out of his projection and teleports outside.

CRSN

An hour passes before Caleb’s manor returns to normal and the others are allowed back inside. Upon entering the foyer Coercion lines wrap around the Sleipnir Squad’s feet and they are hoisted upside down. They are then given a specific warning by the Hooded that no one but San and him are allowed to use the Multiversal Mirror Room until further notice. Dropping them down, the twin takes a moment to appreciate Aki’s new panoply of war. He likes how the red jinbaori with his shadow dragon on the back brings out the stolen steel cuirass and pauldrons infused with shadow magic.

“Nice outfit Aki, also good work with the dragon back there. You were always good at those types of decisions.” Caleb compliments the Shadow Wurm before pulling out a joint and lighting it to calm down.

“Thank you Hooded. If you wanted to blame anyone for what happened though then blame me. I was the one to suggest we get skins and push for it.” Aki confesses while rubbing his wrist that he landed on.

“When I’ve calmed down we can try again to get you guys some new duds. I suppose it wasn’t a complete mess though. After all, I got to spend time with you guys and got some valuable insight in some cases. Just make sure when you guys are handling freaky magic stuff to call me about it if you have no idea what the fuck to do with them.” Caleb tells his friends in an attempt to console them before exhaling. “Now then, I’m going to go take a nap and get some snacks for my munchies later.”

With that Caleb leaves his companions but not quickly enough to hide the fake crocodile tail, spider webs on his back, or piece of cheese attached to his head. Thinking he might be doing it for a laugh, the Sleipnirs don’t tell him about the oddities he gained from fixing the Mirror.

CRSN

Several weeks pass after fixing the manor and while eating a turkey club Caleb’s communicator goes off. Checking to see who it is, his annoyance at having his meal interrupted quickly dissipates upon seeing it’s Quinn. He then almost chokes on his food as he scarves it down so he can talk with her.

“What’s up Quinny? { “It’s bad. Apparently an entire class of students from a school I was passing went missing.” } Oh wow that does sound terrible. { “Can you help?” } Yeah I’m down for helping you find a missing class of kids. { “Thanks.” } Hey, would you happen to be somewhere isolated right now?” Caleb checks with his sister before teleporting to her location. Arriving on top of a turtle shaped rock, the Hooded finds Quinn standing around confused with Valor on her shoulder.

“Yes Caleb I am. Caleb? Did he just hang up oh shit! You dick! Why didn’t you tell me you were going to… oh you know what forget it. I can’t believe I forget sometimes you can teleport like that. Fucking startled me, anyways do you maybe know what happened to them because it seems like something magical or supernatural happened here?” The ranger inquires of her brother before sending Valor off to make sure they aren’t disturbed. Not being told otherwise, Quinn assumes they’re alone and motions for Caleb to walk with her.

“Actually I do know. You see recently a young yordle by the name of Lulu emerged from another pocket of reality called the Glade. She is a mage but is ultimately harmless. If I had to guess she was most likely playing with the children and may have transformed them into something to spice up their game.” Caleb explains to Quinn while gauging her reactions. While she is easily more accepting of things than most Demacians, he is still concerned for Lulu’s safety.

“So what you’re saying is she might have disguised them as something mundane. That has to be the case because if they were something dangerous we’d have mageseekers and troops all over this spot looking for monsters. Do you know any ways to reverse the spell she used or find them?” Quinn asks with a new look of determination on her face.

“Well I do have a sure fire way of finding them, do you remember that old story about The Protectors? { “Am I one of every Demacian ever?” } Smartass, well yeah they’re real and they’re actually chicks. Funny enough if I had a gold for every Demacian legend actually being a lady instead of a guy I’d have two. Personally I more so blame Poppy’s glamour and Kayle’s armor for it than anything. Anyways we’re going to be looking for Morgana and luckily she lives here in Demacia. She should be more than powerful enough to find those kids through one of Lulu’s spells; might even have a way to change them back sooner too.” He informs Quinn before picking up a rock and tossing it. Recognizing this as their best option, the ranger recalls Valor and the pair go on a journey to the forest of northern Demacia in search of the angel.

The next week is spent by the siblings scouring for any leads and stories about Morgana as well as Caleb informing Quinn about worldly events. When not traveling or investigating the pair also take this as an opportunity to practice their hunting skills and their hand to hand combat together. Taking down a tuskvore together, the pair especially enjoy eating it for making Caleb sacrifice himself to save Barrett.

Eventually the twin’s quest leads them to a valley forest with a river running through it that they have set up a camp overlooking. From their clifftop vantage point, Quinn is able to spot a humanoid figure moving below and alerts her brother. Rapidly descending from the cliff via gliding using Valor and Spectral form combined with the Hood as a parachute, the pair begin to pursue who they suspect is Morgana. As they travel deeper into the forest of oaks and pines, the twins start to see more petricite trees before the sun starts to become blocked out. Soon after it becomes an almost artificial night and once Valor is sent out to scout the pair take a break to think. Finding a nearby worn boulder to sit on, Caleb and Quinn look around a bit and start chatting.

“Sooo do you know who I end up with? { “Pardon me?” } I mean relationship wise. Like you told me before you tend to end up with Sona, Nidalee, and Riven so I was wondering if I had someone like that. Oh and I mean one since I’m clearly the less lecherous twin between us.” Quinn taunts her brother before calling Valor back to report where they need to go. “He says she’s up ahead, just standing there. Let’s go.”

“Oh you little, less lecherous my ass! You don’t even have a constant when it comes to partners unless you have a thing for Valor since he’s always with you. Sick freak.” Caleb fires back with a look of mock disdain. For the next two minutes the pair continue trading insults before a figure in a black shroud with glowing violet eyes emerges.

“I was waiting for you two to approach me but I see that was pointless. Seriously if you two were attempting to sneak up on me then you’ve both failed. Now then, tell me mortals, what brings you to me? What brings you before the Veiled Lady?!” Morgana demands of the pair while exuding an aura of authority and power. This attempt at commanding their attention is quickly ruined when a bag of trail mix is thrown in her face. “What the fuck?”

“Sorry if I threw that at you too hard BTGGF but I was just talking to my whore sister. { “Says the guy who needs three women to feel satisfied!” } Anyways you seem hangry just now. As for why we came here, we need your help locating some missing children, also to see how you were doing since you seem kind of lonely.” Caleb answers the angel woman as nicely as he can. Looking over the pair of fools before her, Morganna accepts their offering of snacks and picks up the bag to eat from it.

“F-forgive my brother, great Winged Protector, he can be a bit too casual and crass at times. But what he says is true, several school children were recently transformed by a young mage and we were hoping you could help us find them, perhaps even fix them?” Quinn asks of the legendary figure before her. The ranger even considers taking a knee to show further respect before Morganna puts up a hand.

“He might be too casual but you’re being too formal. As for how I’m doing strangers, well to be honest I missed lunch so yes I was as you said hangry. Regarding the subject of the missing children, very well I shall aid you two. Consider it a reward for having sought me out with such noble intentions.” Morgana tells the pair before motioning for them to lead the way. Not wanting to waste any time on such a task, Caleb simply grabs Morganna’s hand as well as Quinn’s and teleports them back.

CRSN

Upon arrival the angelic woman vomits and, after a couple of minutes getting over her nausea, she summons a Soul Shackle to act as a dowsing rod. Feeling out the souls of almost everything around her, she eventually locates a group of young souls nearby. The trio then find themselves looking at a ring of mushrooms at the ground when the chain stops moving. Morgana then takes the opportunity to cast a Black Shield ward over the students so people avoid them. Turning around, the Veiled Lady sees Caleb talking into a device while Quinn avoids eye contact with the mage.

“Oh sorry you two but something just came up. My Sleipnir allies managed to get a hold of some relics and I need to take them with me to a special location. It was a pleasure to meet you Morgana and thank you for your help. I’ll be in contact with you later about some special training I need. See ya Quinny, I’ll be back in a few hours to teleport Morg home.” Caleb informs the pair before teleporting away. Seeing his sister about to walk away, the angel quickly grabs onto her arm.

“Wait! Quinn, we may not know each other very well but please listen to me, don’t let him go. { “What do you mean?” } I mean don’t let him lose his humanity for power, even if it’s to save others. While I can’t sense his power doesn’t mean I can’t see the difference between you two. I’ve seen what happened to my father after my mother ascended. Kayle put me through something similar, please don’t let it repeat for you. That, or at least be there to remind him why he does what he does and pull him back before he’s gone. Promise me that you won’t fail like I did.” Morgana begs the ranger before letting her go. Quinn takes a moment to think over her words and the sight of the angel’s eyes, of the visible self loathing and isolation in them.

“I-I promise Morgana. I also promise to do the same for you, he did mention you needed more friends. Personally I believe good people should have more of those, don’t you agree? Also if you want to help me keep my promise then you should train him to better control his powers. { “Very well.” } Thank you, now come on, I wanna get to town so I can make these kids a warning sign or something so no one goes near them.” Quinn adds with a reassuring smile before she walks off. A minute later Morgana is rushing to walk alongside her to help; but also so she can interact with others again.

XxxX

Multiversal Shorts: Conflation Multiverse Episode 2

While driving towards their latest job Sona’s phone gets an alert and after checking it she pulls over. Showing her partner that today is her day off, the slime prepares to swap seats with Caleb but instead he gets out. Seeing that he wants her to have the car today, the mute waves him goodbye and leaves him to walk to the job. Making her promise to find him first thing tomorrow morning, Sona then does a burn out before speeding off. With that sorted out, Caleb heads towards the elite residential district and is approached by a carriage upon arrival. The driver then gets off to open the door for him to step inside.

“Excuse me sir but if you’re heading towards the Cohazi manor perhaps you would like a ride yes? { “I am but no thank you.” } Oh come now don’t be like that. My name is Eliza Cohazi, good sir and I have it on good suspicion you are one of the mercenaries we hired. { ”Well then I suppose we can talk about the mission on the way.” } I promise you that you won’t regret it, we even have a mini fridge in here.” The brunette with shoulder length hair and blue eyes tells the mercenary before he hops in. Moving her purple dress to reveal the drinks, Caleb nods in appreciation before retrieving a cola.

“Well Madame Eliza, would you kindly tell me more details about this job? The letter that was sent to us was rather vague and I’d like to know what I’m getting into.” The hired gun asks his employer before taking a sip.

“Funny that you mention that as I took the privilege of making debriefing folders for anyone who took up the job. In it you will find the names of all three hundred and forty two servants who were there during the attack, a skeleton key to the main house, and a map of the grounds. Your objective is to exterminate all monsters found on the premise by any means necessary. Is that clear?” The matriarch states in an almost hostile tone. Reading over the various papers, Caleb looks up after memorizing them and confirms his goals.

CNMU

Thirty minutes later the carriage arrives at the gateway to the Cohazi mansion and Caleb steps out. Looking around he sees a team of mages keeping up a powerful barrier around the premises. He isn’t however able to see the residence directly as a small forest is obscuring it alongside a thick mist. Stretching a bit before heading inside, as soon as he breaches the barrier the mercenary receives a text. Coming from an unknown number, the text informs him that alongside his current objective he is to locate any sensitive documents inside of the building. Apparently should he do so then he’ll receive a bonus upon completion of the mission and is given codes to access a computer in the basement. Ignoring the message for now, Caleb walks through the woods until eventually he finds an ebony and ivory walkway. This path leads him to the mansion which above ground has three floors and radiates pure malice. Seeing various dismembered bodies everywhere he doubts he’ll find any of the employees listed before. Upon closer inspection of the building, just from outside he can see damages ranging from destroyed windows, several rooms on fire and others flooding out with water.

‘You’ve gotta be fucking with me. I’m from F. M. I. E. not S. T. A. R. S. unit. Seriously they’ve gotta be trying to hide some shady bullshit if they’re calling in mercenaries to handle this place. Oh come on that giant centipede isn’t even trying to hide while moving between those two windows. Seriously, the only people who wouldn’t be able to tell this place is stupidly dangerous would be the blind or an NA player.’ Caleb thinks to himself after appraising the building. Summoning a sword cane, he makes his way to the front door and uses a spell to make it explode off it’s hinges.

Instead of stepping in right away, the Durand trained mercenary summons an illusionary bunny and sends it ahead. Barely even getting past the doorway and already the false prey is attacked from the ceiling by an ooze. Poking it in the nucleus to chase it away, Caleb is almost immediately attacked from underneath by a giant dire mole. Dodging the blind creatures wild attacks, he tries to blast it with some magic but finds his thoughts interrupted by a psychic presence coming from the house itself. Help does arrive however in the form of a bloodsoaked, muscular man in chainmail and furs leaping onto the beast from the second floor mezzanine. Wielding a pair of flaming axes, the warrior begins hacking away at the mole while laughing the whole time. Hearing the creature wailing in pain, Caleb unleashes a bolt of lighting to stun both the viking and the beast. With them both immobilized, he uses his demonic arms to remove the warrior and push the creature into a portal to be healed. While he hates hurting animals, F. M. I. E. co-founder hopes the warrior won’t be too upset.

“Hahaha! Not bad for some milksop who looks like he belongs in an office job. My name is Olaf Gustav, and you are?” The surprisingly jovial redhead asks before wiping his hand and offering it.

“Thank you for the assist brother and sorry for the friendly fire. Do you know if there are any others like us in the building? Maybe even what caused all this?” Caleb asks while shaking Olaf’s hand.

“Unfortunately I haven’t found the source of this madness but I do know of a goblin by the name of Ziggs who ran from me on the second floor.” The gore-covered man informs Caleb and even points him in the other mercenary’s location.

Taking this new information into account, Caleb heads towards the goblin’s general location. Evading any creatures he runs into, the hired gun eventually hears a noise behind a partially broken door. Slowly opening the door, he is barely able to see the tripwire hooked up to a holy hand grenade. Carefully disarming the trap, he then makes his way inside of the expensive bathroom and hears movement coming from the bathtub. Finding it filled to the brim with murky waters, Caleb carefully starts to poke around it with his cane. His investigation is met with another holy hand grenade coming out of the bath which he barely smacks away in time. As the divine explosive goes off, he transforms his arms into their demonic form and frantically reaches around the opaque liquid. Grabbing onto something, the F. M. I. E. cofounder pulls it into view and finds himself looking into a goblinoid dressed in a bishop’s robes. Setting Ziggs down next to him, the magus drains the tub before grabbing onto the holy bomber’s collar before he can leave.

CNMU

“Just don’t hurt me! Oh wait you’re not one of the creatures, unless they have some kind of shapeshifter? { “I am another person sent here.” } Uh huh, well my name is Ziggs Klenik. Oh umm I wasn’t just hiding in here, I was just uhh warding the pipes, yeah! I did it so none of the nasties could get out through them.” The cleric wizard says so he can save face. Nervously chuckling a bit, the twitchy demolitionist doesn’t fight it when Caleb picks him up and brings him to the lobby.

Finding Olaf still there, the three come up with a new plan and split up to cover different objectives. While Olaf is sent to secure the perimeter, Ziggs is sent to the treasury on the third floor, and Caleb heads into the basement to investigate. On his way down, the magus slips halfway and lands on his back before sliding down the remaining steps. Having all of the wind knocked out of him, he quickly gets back up and stumbles down the hall until he accidentally hits a hidden panel on the wall. Rubbing his sore back, the man walks into the hidden room and finds a computer atop a security console. Using the codes he received earlier to accept them both, Caleb finds what he was sent for and, under instruction by Lady Cohazi’s brother Mayor Bates, begins downloading all footage and files he can. While they are unloading, the mercenary begins to run through the various footage over the course of the incident.

Apparently the incident started at least over a week ago as a hit team was sent in to clear the underground area. Finding what seemed to be an underground menagerie, all of a sudden the cages opened without warning and everyone of them was massacred. As he scans through various clips, Caleb disturbingly enough keeps noticing a shadowy figure in each. Searching the room for more information, he eventually finds a journal and skims through it. By the time he is done gathering materials, Caleb has a flash drive full of footage, the owner of the house’s journal, and manilla folders detailing each creature legally housed here. Having an alarm go off on his phone telling him to meet up outside with the others, he quickly packs up everything in a nearby briefcase and leaves.

“Hey Ziggs I was wondering, do you have anything to exorcise a place? { “Obviously.” } Great, cause I think there is a wraith or something here causing all this.” Caleb informs the explosives expert who sets to work. Once he has set Satchel charges all over the property, the trio stand outside on the black and white walkway.

Setting off the explosives of holy light and flames, the mercenaries hear a might roar as the holy flames are extinguished. The rumble and non-divine flames then form into a hydra of shadows that breathes smoke into the sky.

“Oh shit!”

“Oh shit!!!”

“Oh yeah!”

While the trio are coming to terms with this development, far in the distance an attack helicopter begins taking off after receiving an unusual waxing. For now this is irrelevant to them since Ziggs and Caleb are more concerned about providing Olaf ranged support while he charges in. Ignoring the flames and smoke, the berserker climbs up the beast but is nearly swallowed by one of it’s three heads. Seeing their associate about to be devoured, Caleb pulls him to safety via a Coercion line while Ziggs tosses a holy Bouncing Bomb at the hydra’s body. As it’s heads are all destroyed in the blast, the monster lives up to it’s appearance by growing two extra heads for each one lost. It then breathes down torrents of noxious fumes which Caleb opens a portal to redirect. Nodding to each other, Ziggs throws out a Hexplosive Minefield of light rays that slows the beast before Olaf throws his axes at it’s underbelly. Reaching their target, the berserker’s weapons detonate and take out the creature’s legs. With the monster now immobilized, Caleb fires off multiple Coercion lines to tie all of the hydra’s heads together. The trio of hired guns then combine their magic together and in a beam of light, flames and spacial magic tear the hydra apart.

“Good work gentlemen, that should stall it long enough for us to end this.” Caleb states before the three of them rush down the walkway. Just before they reach the woods however, the magus stops his companions before transforming his arms and tearing one of the ivory slabs out of the ground.

Revealing a corpse, he then nods at Ziggs who destroys it in an explosion of holy fire. With the body turned to ashes and the mist around the estate fading, Caleb explains the truth behind their mission. The corpse belonged to the house’s previous patriarch who had spent his life studying various creatures. Sometime last year he died and Eliza, in a lazy attempt to keep the creatures tamed, hired a necromancer to keep her husband’s spirit bound to the house. Eventually due to a failure in upholding the ritual he was driven to madness and began haunting the premises. Apparently the team sent in the footage Caleb found earlier, Mayor Bates hired an assault team to do what they were sent for. Evidently they failed and posts went out to any mercenaries or local groups they found willing to answer. With that cleared up, the party make their way to the main gates where the mages from earlier and a hit team have gathered. This clean up crew aren’t even given a chance to fight however as a barrage of missiles immediately wipes them out.

“Well my ride's here. Have a nice day Ziggs and Olaf, hopefully we don’t have to fight in the future. Hey Sona, how was your day off? Looks like you got busy and had some fun. Anyways we’ve got some work to do still, oh wow that’s a nice sunrise.” Caleb notes as he boards and the pair fly back home.

CNMU

Taking hours to decrypt any hidden information and remove the redactions from the documents, the pair uncover some disturbing news. Aside from the mansion incident, the mayor has also been secretly shipping in weapons for an unknown purpose. Deciding it would be best to fully leak this information, the pair upload the information they gathered online and get ready to leave so they can mail the documents. As Caleb starts to wonder why Sona would steal the most dickish of flying vehicles, the ground starts shaking. Opening up a portal into the air, the magus jumps into it and from up high he sees Silver City emerging from the ground on giant mechanical legs. Throwing Sona in so she can see what he saw, the two adopt a serious expression before boarding their newly stolen helicopter to go help.

Chapter 10: REasons

Chapter Text

A/N Welcome, welcome, welcome it’s good to see you all again. So this chapter is going to be a bit different than normal as I do some experimenting with pov changes and a few other things. Everyone gets their own segments and a few of their kits are going to be revealed. If you’ve already read this chapter since it’s an update then you’ll notice Pumsha’s gotten a massive glow up; both kit wise and storywise. Like I actually feel a bit bad now since this is so far his sole appearance and he’s been unliked for so long. As for the New Friends part, I’m a bit weary of putting them alongside some of the others in the event I ever need to add a new champion even if unlikely. That’s it for now, all support is greatly appreciated and I hope you all enjoy this. In the event I don’t release anything before it, have a happy holidays and a great New Year.

XxxX

“Steve”

On a foggy day off the coast of the Freljord, the aquatic vastaya called “Steve” is currently napping. Glad to be heading towards warmer waters, the part starfish and part barnacle humanoid can be found latched onto the side of the ship. While she might miss the Drunken Scuttler, as long as Captain Dave likes the new man of war gifted to him by the Hooded she’s fine. Speaking of her crush, “Steve” is currently dreaming about her and Captain Dave riding a pair of sea creatures together; except “Steve” is a human and he’s a Mataka. Whenever she wakes up, the androgynous Mataka woman will probably check to see if May, Aalto, and Kaimana have eaten. While she doesn’t doubt that they are big enough to fend for themselves, her heart aches at the thought of the sea creatures being sad. The navigator's dream is ended though just as Dave was about to tell her something; via a cannonball crashing next to her barnacle capped head. Yawning for a bit, the navigator takes in the damage and notes that it’s only superficial as more hit the ship. Suddenly from the gunwale a large hammer, appropriately nicknamed a Hullbreaker, lands on “Steve’s” head. Even though her barnacle makes the blow feel like a head pat, the vastaya snaps fully awake. Glancing up she sees the one eyed face of her Captain looking down at her.

“Oi Steve wake up, we could use your help in making these fuckwits bugger off.” The dirty blonde tells his navigator. Too distracted by his beautiful coffee eye, “Steve” doesn’t even try to correct him on her name before getting to work.

Detaching the suction cups on her arms, hips, and starfish ray “skirt”, the vastaya dives into the ocean. Swimming past a school of fish, “Steve” makes her way onto the hull of the enemy frigate and smashes her way in. Thinking a stray shot managed to breach the stern, one of the pirates attempts to patch up the hole only to have a barnacle cap smash into his jaw. Peaking around, “Steve” begins to set about sabotaging the ship from the inside. Whenever the vastaya comes across resistance she taps in her magic; strengthening her skin, the navigator then rushes her enemies with her hammer. The pirates can then only look on in shock as their bullets and blades get caught in her pink skin before bouncing off. Eventually after smashing her way through the lower decks, jamming the rudder, flooding the hold and bilge, and lighting a fire in the gun deck, “Steve makes their way towards the main deck. Realizing their guns are falling silent, first mate Luca goes to see what’s happening.

Entering in through the forecastle, the first mate is sent flying back out by a blur of black and white. As it would happen, “Steve” was just wrapping up in the crew’s quarters when they saw the door opening. Freaking out about what was coming, the vastaya uses her Dolphin Kick ability. Performing a flash kick, the navigator leaves a trail of water behind and from this emerges a projection of her killer whale friend, May. The orca then smashes into everything in the direction “Steve” kicked. By the time May is gone, the redheaded first mate is left tangled up in the ship’s riggings.

For Captain George “Silver Tooth” Allerton, when he woke up this morning he expected several things. He expected his crew to have some losses, to ambush a vessel using his first mate’s fog summoning ability, and to drink some rum after it was done. What he didn’t expect, was to see a starfish and barnacle vastaya nervously cover their eyes with their feelers while they punched his brickwall of a quartermaster over the taffrail. To make matters worse, his cannons have stopped firing, the reinforcements are being delayed by the wind, and he can’t for the life of him steer the ship. Looking over towards the rudder, George notices that it has been completely entombed in coral and rocks. Not long after, the gun deck explodes and the pirate captain is sent overboard.

Knocking the enemy navigator’s teeth out with her warhammer, “Steve” looks around and notices the ship in ablaze. Rushing towards the edge, the vastaya jumps off and is caught by a rope mid air. Brought onto the deck of The Adventurous Seas by Captain Dave’s rigging magic, “Steve” flops onto the deck and starts to get comfortable.

“Well fuck me dead Steve, you didn’t even need our help this time. I guess you have been training lately.” Dave notes before he puts his hat over “Steve’s” face to block out the light. Breaking free of the fog, their sentry in the crow’s nest warns of two more enemy ships approaching. “No worries mates, Steve make those pirates rack off.”

Inhaling Dave’s hat first before removing it, the socially awkward vastaya puts her fingers and feelers together before whistling. Suddenly the ships following them are stopped as the water around them begins to rise. Aalto and Kaimana, a pair of Shipwreck Hoarders, completely constrict around the pirate ships before dragging them under. With the coast finally clear, Nguyen goes back to her favorite spot on the hull to nap. Before she falls asleep again though the vastaya can’t help but feel like she forgot something again.

CRSN

Pumsha

For several generations, Warmother Ryleigh’s people have taken shelter in a box canyon surrounded by mountains of ice. It will not serve as her people’s tomb for the Frostguard have sealed off the only entrance in and out of the village. As a storm pounds away at her home, the dark haired woman wonders if she could plead for her people’s survival but disregards it. Gathering her coats, Ryleigh walks up to the barrier preventing her people escape and tries slamming her warhammer into it once more. Sadly even for a true ice infused weapon this wall proves to be too much. It is then that she sees lights moving closer to the wall, then into it, and emerging as they melt right through. She steps back and almost falls backwards into the snow as a gray skinned troll with blazing orange and red eyes casually emerges in front of her. The lights she saw earlier coming from a strange banner with two makeshift flags made of ever flowing lava. Walking backwards as calmly as she can, the Warmother is shocked when the ten foot tall monster adjusts it’s leather jerkin and puts it’s hand out to her.

“Greeting human. Would you like to shake my hand?”

“What?”

“Oh sorry, I thought that was how humans greeted each other? I’d be eager to learn your customs if you’d like. Oh and my name is Pumsha.” The ash colored giant tells her while putting away his hand into his pant’s pockets. Ryleigh flinches into a combat stance and prepares to yell for her people’s aid before seeing Pumsha pull out a box.

“What’s in the box troll? What trick are you trying to play against me? I’ve heard of how some of you are as cruel as you are cunning.” The paranoid chieftain demands of the foreign creature before it strikes down with it’s banner. Expecting a fiery and blunt death, she watches as Pumsha Tills the Soil between them before kneeling.

“This is a box of seeds, both from my home and from yours. If you’d like, we can plant them here and together they can grow.” He tells the frightened woman before starting to gently plant them. Not dense enough to miss the creature’s metaphor, Ryleigh takes a knee to help the strange creature in it’s task.

“What do you want from us creature?”

“I simply wish to talk and plant potential roots here.”

“Enough dancing around the issue Pumsha! I do not have time to play politics when my people… when they need me to find a way out for them. Your magic seems to have made a path for yourself here but now I require it to escape.”

“Escape to where exactly? The Winter Claw who would tax you with brutality for your strength, the Avarosans who desire your people, or the Frostguard who left you to die? Or perhaps you have a fourth choice through me?” Pumsha lists off before running his dirty hands through his fluffy orange hair.

“What choice would that be then? Livestocks to a bunch of creatures that would see me as either a pet of food?!”

“Hahaha! You assume I'm a frost troll? No, I’m an ash troll. My home lies to the west of the Freljord on an island of volcanoes and, well, ash. Though I suppose considering my ancestors ate those vastaya it would be understandable to be scared of me.” The ash troll before letting out a barking laugh that echoes throughout the village. Watching as torches begin to light in the bunks of what he assumes is the warrior lodge, Pumsha rises to their full height and plunges a hand into his banner’s flag.

“What are you intending to do?!”

“I intend to show you all my intent. You may want to tell them to stop before they get too close, trust me.”

Seeing how deadly serious Pumsha is, the village leader scrambles to her feet and turns to warn her warriors. As she orders for them to fall back, Ryleigh feels the troll’s shadow over her and hears the sound of deafening thunder. Her screams are drowned out by his triumphant roaring chuckles, steam flooding her vision, and alien searing winds threatening to incinerate her that are only stopped by the giant creature blocking it with his own body. Waiting for her sight to return, the Warmother stumbles to her feet and turns to face the Fiery Negotiator. What she sees is the Frostguard’s wall destroyed, and their charred remains littering a field of stone walls and flames.

“I’ve never liked Lissandra much. My ancestors were among the trolls that fled this land when the Iceborn rose to power. If you’d hear me out, I’d like to introduce you to the fourth option” Pumsha declares with a smile while ignoring the smell of cooking flesh; and his need to gag from it.

“What is it?”.

“You don’t have to join right away but we’d like you to join our Coalition. Or at least allow us to build some things here, so long as you keep them secret.”

“What if we refused?”

“Then I simply walk away and leave you all here. But I wouldn’t recommend it, not just because it’s a good start to a new relationship but also because, while I doubt it, I don’t think the Frostguard would appreciate the charred and melted remains of their comrades on your front door.” Pumsha elaborates before fixing his stoney cloak for a visit to another potential ally. He then starts to walk away slowly, mostly so the Warmother can consider her answer.

“Wait! I think we can come to an agreement.” Ryleigh tells the troll diplomat before ordering her warriors to return to their lodge. Taking her hammer she walks up to Pumsha and offers it to him as a sign of negotiation only for him to refuse. “It is traditional for my people to exchange weapons when talking to an emissary.

“Forgive me but it is mine to never let the Great Stick leave my kind’s possession nor fall to the ground. It’s a gift from a powerful mage and an ancient friend. Now if you are truly serious about joining us then allow me to contact our Head of Administrations. Yes, that is what San’s title is, I believe.”

CRSN

Zhong

Among the humid jungles of Ixtal, a warband of Noxians is searching for a temple rumored to house powerful artifacts. While such an expedition would naturally be fraught with perils, the local population of lizard vastaya being hostile was not an expected one. The last few months have seen the Noxians suffer drastic losses from both hit and run tactics and the poisoning of their supplies. This however has served only to drive General Gabriel forward; for if nothing was out there then why would the Zhoma seek to drive them away. Moving his minotaurs squadrons to the front and back of the column, the Noxians are able to quickly collapse on the next ambush. While the main force searches the enemies’ bodies for any valuable information, several squadrons are sent ahead to scout. Gabriel’s warband soo learns to their surprise that what has been attacking him isn’t some organized group. Instead it seems to consist of various ragtag Zhoma from around the region. After an hour of more investigation, the sound of battle can be heard ahead and the column’s remnants advance.

Amongst the thicket, they find the bodies of the scouting teams torn apart with slashes and bite marks; all save the squad’s veteran leader. Summoning their last basilisk rider, the Noxians closely follow them as they search for the perpetrators and their missing comrade. Coming to a break in the tangle, the Noxians find a clearing with a creek passing through it. Sitting across the waters is a lone figure, another zhoma that is soaked in blood. This one is wearing a set of creme robes save the sleeves which are black and purple respectively. A matching scarf that radiates magic and with leaves sticking out covers his neck. Covering his face is a large, bleached snake-esque skull. In one of their hands is a jian sword and the other a canvas bag.

“Zhoma! Who are you to interfere with the conquest of Noxus and it’s people? We demand that you reveal the location of your associates and if possible the location of Veteran Castello. Any refusal will result in immediate execution. Surrender and you may even be able to join the glory of Noxus.” General Gabriel declares to the lone lizard folk. In a show of force, the Noxians form a phalanx of pikes.

“So your offer is one of death by battle or the submission of my soul. I am Zhong Duy, the reincarnation of the vastayashai'rei Zhong the Enraged. I refuse your offers and declare my own; die.” To solidify his point, the elderly lizard humanoid throws a bag at the Noxians; it’s contents consist of Castello’s decapitated head. As they flinch in fear and disgust, Zhong has already closed the gap with the Noxian lines. Unhinging his jaw, the vastaya then bites off a lethal portion of Gabriel’s neck.

As their commander is falling on the ground and going into shock, Zhong unleashes a mighty swing which smashes away anyone near him. Of the three dozen Noxians left, the entire pike line is cut down before Gabriel finally passes away half a minute later. Desperately regrouping, the broken column’s squadron of shieldbreakers surrounds the bloodstained zhoma. With his advanced senses, this proves no issue for the ancient warrior to parry or block any of their strikes. Zhong’s greatest threat comes in the form of their last basilisk; as while the shieldbreakers distracted him, the beast tackles into him and begins to maul the swordsman. His battle with the large mount then quickly devolves into a primal fight between the two lizards. Eventually Zhong is able to cut open the creature’s belly before flipping onto it’s back and biting off the rider’s face. Seeing their foe wounded and bleeding, the Noxians rush the old man. While it cost them dearly, eventually one is able to get a lucky thrust into the elderly lizard’s stomach. Watching the old warrior fall over into the now reddened creek, the remaining dozen Noxians take in their losses and prepare to advance again.

As the light starts to fade from his eyes, Zhong begins to chew on a leaf from his scarf. Feeling a surge of energy, the zhoma screams in bloody rage before tearing out the spear in him. Applying the leaf paste to the hole in his body, the swordsman tears off his mask to reveal a gray and white lizard missing several scales. Waiting for the God-Willow’s magic and his own stubbornness to heal his wound, the vastaya charges the terrified Noxians on all fours. Focusing the bombardier’s first, he tears out their throat before kicking their corpse into two minotaurs. As one is killed in the ensuing blast, the other is quickly hacked apart by Zhong’s now wild attacks. Covered in fresh blood, the ancient incarnation roars at the mutilated body before rushing the now fleeing Noxians. Aside from the bloodlust, only one thing is on Zhong’s mind at this time. It is about how there is a Zhoma village along the route to the temple. He knows that if any of them were to reach the village then the vastaya there would be in danger. As an incarnation of the vastayashai'rei Zhong the Enraged, he is then reminded of the sons and daughters he lost ambushing the invaders to deter them. Clawing one of the shieldbreaker’s eyes out, the zhoma warrior finally snaps fully and turns into a blur of carnage. By the time he calms down again, the invaders' corpses are all over the clearing in a display of wanton violence.

“I need to see lady San for my wounds. Hmph, I hate it when I see young ones so cocky. If they kept their heads down, maybe someday they could have gotten immortality too.” The Coalition's representative of the Zhoma dismissively notes as he recovers his mask. A mask that represents the ancient horror Zhong the Enraged became when the other vastayashai'rei left him.

CRSN

San

Receiving a message to come to the Hooded mansion, San throws on a set of purple robes and grabs her Stitcher’s Gloves. Using a set of connected doorways, the Hemomancy Healer teleports to the hideaway in the Kumungu Jungle. Hearing a knocking coming from the front door, San opens it and finds a bloodsoaked Zhong waiting for her.

“Thank you for coming healer. I patched myself up as best I could but I wanted a professional look.” The wizened lizard man tells the ancient blood mage. With a smile, she guides him to a nearby chair before getting to work.

“As always, just stay calm. The procedure will be over shortly and be sure to thank us when I’m done.” San tells her patient before her gloves inject their wires into his body. While she is repairing his stomach and realigning his spine, the hemomancer remembers why she does this.

Hundreds of years earlier, San is sitting on a log with Alexandra “Eccentric” Genesis overlooking a bay in Demacia. Located on the water is a fleet of pirate ships exploding in a display of vibrant colors after the Hooded defeated them. Deciding to celebrate defending her nearby home village, the purple eyed woman manifested ice cream for the pair; strawberry for Gwen, even if she doesn’t like it, and vanilla for herself, for the irony.

“I think you’d look good with blonde or red hair. Would be a nice contrast to me, you know?” The ivory haired woman tells her charcoal haired best friend. In her usual annoyed manner, the hemomancer sighs at her friend’s suggestion.

“Yeah, I’m sure Alexandra. This seemed a bit mundane for you though. I mean you unleashed that army of living voodoo dolls but I’m surprised you didn’t summon a kratopus or something.” San notes to the person who constantly drags her on adventures. Expecting a smile and a witty retort, the pessimist is surprised to see Eccentric’s eyes look to the ground in defeat.

“Shit, you’re right. Sucks I won’t get another chance, at least on this side.” With these words, all of the color leaves San’s face.

“What... what do you mean by that?” San asks but she already knows the answer to her questions.

“I’m dying, as a matter of fact I’m not even going to get off this log. I’m glad I get to spend this time with you San but I’m sorry I couldn’t fulfill my promise. I’m sorry I couldn’t make you see the point of temporary things.” The hybrid being tells her ancient companion while finishing her ice cream. Feeling the sun touching her back, the Hooded prepares to depart with tears in her eyes.

“I can heal you! I can revive you Alexandra! Surely you’ve got some kind of magic or powers that can save yourself. Then you can show me more things and we can go on more adventures. Just let me…” But with a single finger San is silenced by her teacher. Tears begin to fall from the hemomancer as she is filled with regret; regret for taking her time with Eccentric for granted, for not smiling more, for thinking it was all pointless due to her immortality, for not living her best, and for not having the ability to stay with the Hooded.

“You can’t fix this San. It’s my time and soon a new Hooded will take my place. Besides, we've had fun over the centuries, right? Better than being shacked up in that cave I found you in, right?” The Eccentric Hooded ask while wiping away both their tears. She has no regrets due to seeing so much of the world and beyond; Alexandra also managed to fulfill her task of preparing the future bearers of the Hood.

“I was wrong Alex! I’m sorry that it took you dying to make me see it. You were the best friend I could ever ask for. I love you Alexandra, so go in peace. I’ll take care of them and I’ll live like you showed me. Thank you.” San confesses to her best friend. Hearing this, Alexandra “Eccentric” Genesis passes away with a smile on her face as her body turns to dust.

With a gentle breeze, this golden dust partially merges with San while the rest goes on the wind. Wiping the last tears of grief from her eyes, sees her reflection in a nearby puddle; her hair has changed to a mix of blonde and red. Looking to where the remains of the Hood are flying towards, San blinks as tears of joy form in her eyes and she takes off running.

A year later, after managing to stop a Xer’Sai attack on a Piltoverian caravan, the Knight Hooded is lying in a pool of her own blood in the desert. Suddenly over the dunes comes a strange sight, a woman in a long and puffy red dress is sliding down to reach her.

“We’ve got only one sky~! Blue, red, and black paranoia! What is it like to you~?! No one can see the colors but you! We’ve got only one sky~! Joy, grief, fun paranoia! What is it like to you?! No one can the colors, the colors but you~! Oh wow you’re hurt badly, don’t worry though because I’ve got you. I’m going to have to ask for your consent on healing you though. Also sorry about my singing, I just saw you and got reminded of a song my friend liked.” San tells the dying woman with a smile on her face. With a nod, Knight gives her consent and San takes her Stitcher Gloves out to begin the procedure. When she is done, the armored woman gets ready to bombard San with questions but is stopped by the healer. “My name is San and I’m going to help you as best I can. Now come on, it’s a great day isn’t it? It would be a shame to waste it.”

CRSN

Koblinoids

Hanging out in the ceiling above San and Zhong, the Koblinoid team is busy trying to teach a group of whumps how to play Rift Quest. Eventually the zaunite creatures run away and the group decides to play themselves. Drafting up character sheets, Traeh takes his usual position as the GM while Tairon, Yings, Iris, and Tongu get the table ready. The small draconic beings especially love this game and are even willing to even fight others over it; partly because the Alexandra of that timeline helped create them.

Centuries earlier, while Eccentric and San were exploring the ashen trolls’ island, the pair of mages became inebriated and wandered off into the swamps. While the colorful sorceress enjoys having found a peaceful troll society, she can’t help but feel like it could use some pizazz. Looking around, Alexandra finds a nest of lava lizard eggs and pulls out her favorite treasure. Summoning a large mirror, the Hooded reaches a hand inside and waits for a matching hand to take hold. Emerging from the Multiversal Mirror is another version of Alexandra; a version that is dressed in a pair of fine thigh high boots, a blue gothic suit and jacket, and is a purple skinned tiefling.

“Huh you smell like a tavern; actually it goes well with my honey smell. Speaking of taverns, that volcano in the distance looks like a good spot for one.” The Rift Quest variant notes while taking in the scenery around her. Summoning her version of the Stardust Stave, a simple wooden stave with a ring on one end and a lute head on the other, Alexandra prepares to help her drunken self.

“Oh goody. So I was trying to make dis place less boring. You see the trolls here are nice and all but they live sush boring lives. I wanted to make them something to get that old troll fire started again. I already gave them a banner but that’s not enough. Do you have any ideas for me?” Classic Eccentric asks her alternate counterpart. Summoning her version of the Stardust Stave, a metal stave with a star on one end and a microphone on the other, Prime Alexandra starts to fish.

“Hmmm oh I got it! Adventurers in my world fight trolls all the time. Maybe we could create a party to mess with the trolls here.” The tiefling suggests to her human self. To help with this effort, the bard pulls out the shell of a dragon egg.

“Sounds like a plan, thanks me. I think we even have some eager volunteers.” The human informs her tiefling self as the nearby eggs begin to hatch. Taking their staves, the pair of reality altering mages combine their abilities to change the newly born lizards.

Several minutes later, Rift Quest Alexandra goes back through the mirror and leaves her Prime counterpart with the newly created Koblinoids. Looking at the strange creatures, Alexandra summons a cup of coffee and begins to feed information into their minds.

“Okay so the readers don’t get confused, Traeh you are in charge of the team and the champion people pilot. Everyone else gets to be in an ability and your names are Tairon, Yings, Iris, and Tongu. Go ahead and pick among yourselves who is who. Now your guys purpose is to help any Hooded and to antagonize the local trolls. Make them remember what a good fight is like but don’t kill them. Just mess with them like making a cow have sex with a pig or something.” The white haired woman addresses the sentai team before vomiting. She then wanders off to find her hemomancer companion and flies off the volcanic island.

The next day, a young Pumsha wanders out of his parents’ hut when the ground starts to shake violently. From the nearby Mount Skycracker, five large fireballs erupt from it’s might peak and land near the village.

“Traeh!” “Tairon!” “Yings!” “Iris.” “Tongu!” “And together we are the Koblinoid Squadron!!!” A strange group of lizards shouts while posing in front of the confused trolls. Realizing how awkward they must seem, the Koblinoids decide to make a quick exit; by unleashing their combined Tambora Beam onto the nearby field of crops and escaping in the explosion. Eventually they regroup back at their nest where Traeh begins to have a sulk.

“Aww don’t feel too bad Traeh. The posing was a good idea, it’s just they aren’t cultured enough to get it.” Tairon tells their leader while patting his head. Though the physically bigger brother treats it like touching a flower with his strength.

“Yeah come on boss. Can’t blame ourselves.” Yings quickly tags in to help cheer up her brother. Flying around to his front, she is able to fully take in the look of depression on his face.

“Tongu you go next please.” Iris begs the party’s cleric before hiding behind her rock. She’s just glad that the others got more noticed than her.

“Arise Traeh! We may not have succeeded today but it does not mean we are done!” Tongu proudly declares to his brother, the party, and the world. He firmly believes that despite not garnering an instant reaction from the trolls, their creator wouldn’t have left them without the means to do so.

“Grrrr you’re all right! I can’t let this get me down. After all, we were just born yesterday.” The reinvigorated Traeh jokes before hopping onto his feet. With their leader snapped out of it, the group begin drawing out the troll village and plotting how to mix up their livestocks.

CRSN

Cathy

On a boat drifting off the coast of Valoran, Cathy and Dahn are waiting for nightfall. Their destination is the main headquarters of the Sentinels of Light, the last on their list of targets. As the sun finally sets, the Sleipnirs share a look before Dahn goes overboard. Flying towards the cliff on the western side of the fort, the cyber woman changes her face to it’s mask form and begins climbing. Her objective is to reach the inner sanctum’s armory and requisition the weapons and artifacts inside. Their optional objective is to do so stealthy but their requirement is no witnesses; objectives that Cathy will fulfill at all cost. Making her way up the rocky cliffs and into a window, the metal woman finds herself in the kitchens and by extension the mess hall. Thankfully for the fortress’ occupants, no one has decided on a late night snack as Cathy makes her way to the main hall. Knowing the barracks are on the eastern side of the building, the infiltrator finds the stairs heading down towards the armory and reliquary. Eventually she finds herself in front of a stone door with no locks. Reciting the tacky oath, the doors part and allow the intruder inside with no issue. Cathay then makes sure to grab any weapons and artifacts she can before putting them into her stomach’s pocket dimension.

“Dahn, I’ve got the weapons. Get ready to meet me on the beach for teleportation.” Cathy relays to her squadmate before following her path backwards. As she makes her way onto the windowsill however, a large amount of commotion catches her attention.

Detaching her head and sending it ahead, she sees a patrol of Sentinels on the beach. It would seem that they located the decoy boat and are looking for any passengers. While the mechanical woman can respect their altruism, she can’t help but be annoyed that they have put the mission at risk. Seeing the search party shoot into the air, Cathy quickly jumps as she can already hear people entering the mess hall. Emerging from the water, the Cyber Pilot comes up with a plan to distract the patrol. Detaching one of her arms, she commands the floating limb to go as far as it can before throwing a rock. Landing near a cave entrance, the Sentinels all begin rushing to investigate the noise. Hurrying towards the rendezvous point, Cathy begins to charge up her portal when one of the Sentinels runs back. As it turns out, the search party wanted an update on their reinforcements; this action allows the young man to witness the Sleipnir.

“Hey, were you on that boat that just… what are you doing?” The young man asks the stranger. His voice even has the unfortunate side effect of attracting his team.

“Damn it. Damn it! Damn it!!! Why did you have to come back? You just had to search the fucking cave. Oh well I know what comes next, Dahn it’s time.” Cathy tells her hidden teammate before turning to fully face the enemy. Pulling out her hextech revolver, she shoots the young Sentinel between the eyes before firing on his team.

Falling back behind some rocks, the four person Sentinel team is unable to notice the nearby water giving rise to something monstrous. Emerging from the surf is a fully mutated Dahn and, despite eating several sharks, it is still hungry for more. The only warning that the Sentinels receive that something is wrong is when Johnson, a bulky man in his own right, is picked up by a large clawed hand. As it begins to crush the Sentinel bruiser, the others begin to panic at the sight of the sinewy monstrosity. Opening fire on the creature, their aid comes too late as Johnson is then slammed head first into their rocky cover. Theressa is next to fall when the mousy faced woman has her head devoured in one bite. Between the suppressing fire from Cathy and the fact Dahn is already on them, it doesn’t take long for the twins Julie and Kyle to be tackled by the monster. Julie is forced face first into the sand and is forced to watch her brother be impaled by Dahn’s claws; it then ends her as well by tearing out her nape with it’s teeth. Cathy then has to wait several minutes before the feeding frenzy ends and Dahn is able to listen to her.

“Not that I need to remind you but as C said, “No witnesses.”. Pick your half of the Headquarters and I’ll handle the other. Left or right.” The metal woman tells her partner before they sprint towards the front entrance. While checking the small island for other patrols, she begins to hear light weapons and screaming coming from the headquarters.

CRSN

Dahn

Naima knew from the start that this night was going to be chaotic. Apparently while the sentries were changing shifts an alarm was triggered in the armory. While the alarm ceased not long after it was triggered, a patrol team signaled for assistance before the sounds of battle could be heard. These events resulted in all of the base's Sentinels, over a thousand, to be put on high alert. Forming up with their hundreds of melee specialists at the front, the shuriman woman is confident they can face whatever enemies await them.

This was an hour earlier and now she is cowering in the barricaded mess hall. In that time the defenders' numbers have been scattered with only hundred and twenty seven Sentinels remaining. Her confidence broke when the monster broke through their lines. The warrior’s spirit was lost when she witnessed the beast take salvos of light attacks and it simply regenerated. Fear took hold when it began eating those around her and their screams filled the halls. Any remaining sanity is shattered as the fortress’ exits were sealed off from the outside. Naima’s own screams only stopped when her mouth was covered as her fellow survivors slipped away. Finally, all hope is lost as their makeshift barrier is broken down and the blood soaked entity walks inside.

Having smelt people inside of the mess hall, Dahn rams it’s way inside before looking around the room. As the Sleipnir is making it’s way inside, several silvered grenades detonate at point blank range and dazed them. Without it’s extra armored limbs blocking them, the Sentinels are then able to land several good shot’s on Dahn’s head. Quickly adapting, the Twisted Amalgamation grabs one of the stone tables from the barricade and uses it as a shield. As the Sentinels try to maneuver around the monster, it retaliates by throwing the table towards the main force. While they are forced to take cover from the wild throw, Dahn rushes their position and gets into melee range. As the few remaining Sentinels with melee weapons futilely attempt to push the Sleipnir back, Dahn uses it’s superior strength to simply tear away such weapons. They even use several of the stolen weapons as blunt objects against their former wielders. Realizing the ambush has failed, Sentinels that were meant to flank Dahn try to flee but are pulled towards it instead via the creature’s bone spears and tendrils. As with most battles Dahn partakes in, the longer it drags on the more difficult they become to contain; partly due to the enemies’ crumbling and partly due to the absorption of enemy biomass empowering them.

Eventually the sound of screams and light weaponry is silenced as the last Sentinels are mauled and eaten. Knowing Cathy was covering the exits, the hulking creature prowls out of the mess hall and searches for it’s partner. Hearing gunshots ringing out from the barracks, Dahn sprints on all six to reach the sound as fast as possible. Seeing the Cyber Pilot sitting next to a corpse, the Zaunite emerges from his mutated form and runs to check if she’s injured.

“Cathy, are you okay?!” The well fed monstrosity asks it’s squad mate while checking her for damage. She gives him a simple thumbs up before standing up on her own.

“Yeah I’m okay. Just had a bit of a umm philosophical debate if you would with this fellow next to me. They asked me “Why are we doing this?”, and my response was because we were told to. I then shot him in the head and sat down since I knew my fellow ghost would come to check on me.” The metallic lady informs her companion. Growling in annoyance, Dahn’s features soften when they recognize Cathy is truly fine.

“Don’t worry us like that. Also while we agree that we should do what the Hooded tells us, we don’t agree with the ghost remark. Don’t forget Cathy that even if we don’t belong anywhere else, the Coalition is our home. Now I’m sure everyone is waiting for us to return; do you have the weapons?” Dahn asks before the pair are interrupted by a shuffling sound. Pulling out a bone spear and a shotgun respectively, the Sleipnirs turn to see a blood covered woman collapsing.

“I heard enough. You killed so many of us, so many people willing to risk their lives to save others because someone else told you! You two monsters are nothing more than… no worse than lap dogs!” Naima venomously shouts towards the two killers before they approach her. Ironically, to her at least, the monster that had eaten so many of her comrades looks at her with some pity.

“Bark bark.” Is Cathy’s response to the woman’s insult before putting her down. Starting a fire, the metal lady opens a portal to the mansion hideout. As the pair depart, Dahn is glad their new family has less obstacles now while Cathy is glad to have completed the mission within it’s parameters.

CRSN

Aki

At the Zaunite docks, Aki is raiding a hidden laboratory after receiving a lead on weapons being made to help attack Ionia. After sneaking into the right warehouse, the Shadow Wyrm makes his way to the rafters and observes the area. Over the next day, he watches for anything suspicious or out of place. His investigations find that several employees would often go missing near a blue shipping container for hours at a time. Once night falls, the former ninja leaps down and finds the trapdoor inside. He also finds that it is electronically locked but with the aid of Shadow Dragon he is able to force it open. Heading underneath the port itself, Aki sticks to the shadows while trying to find the weapons. Avoiding several groups of henchmen, the Shadow Wyrm eventually comes to a hallway filled with cells. Hearing crying, the Sleipnir walks towards the source and finds a group of vastaya children in one of the cells; a pair of strigs boys, a shimon girl, a trio of vlotah boys, and two ottrani girls. When the children notice the Coalitionist, they all begin to huddle together in terror.

“Shh, I came here to destroy the weapons being made. Do you all know where they are? Once I’m done with that I’ll come right back for you guys. Wait, can you all understand me?” The Ionian says in Common to which several of the children nod yes. Hearing several voices coming from the door at the end of the hall, Aki decides to slip into the children’s cell and uses the shadows to hide in a corner.

“So anyways I offed him just like I said I would. Alright brats the doctor wants another one of you for his experiments. You’ll probably do.” The round, bald man of the pair announces before trying to grab one of the vlotahs. His bull-like partner meanwhile catches something out of the cover of his eyes.

As the henchman tries to grab the feline humanoid by his scruff, Aki leaps out of the shadows. Wrapping his hands in shadows, the Sleipnir cuts off the fat man’s hand before doing the same with his head. While his cohort is shocked by the sudden appearance of the Shadow Wyrm, Aki punches the decapitated head into his face. With his opponent now falling onto his feet, the coalitionist jumps onto him and begins pummeling his face. Once it is a bloody pulp, the ninja turns to make sure the children are okay before rushing the door at the end of the hall. As Aki slams open the lab doors a massive fist catches him off guard and launches him back out.

Standing in the doorway is a three meter tall amalgamation of stitched together body parts onto a human body. Large deer antlers protrude from it’s human head while a reptilian spine runs down the monster’s back. Each of it’s stitched on limbs seems to have come from different species and donors; a pair of goat legs combined with an ape arm as well as a squid tentacle. Stepping forward allows the undead’s blue and black butterfly wings to stretch out. Moving around his creation, Doctor Edvin Nsonowa goes to check on Aki’s body. While the scientist couldn’t get any last second additions to his project, he was able to resuscitate the undead beast after the hideout’s silent alarm was triggered. Checking the intruder’s body for life signs, the lanky mad doctor is unable to find a pulse.
Instructing his monster to grab the rest of the children, Edvin begins to scribble notes in his journal before heading back towards the lab. Feeling a dragging sensation his lab coat makes the doctor turn around but he sees nothing. As he prepares to brush off the sensation, Edvin does a double take and notices Aki’s body is missing. Ordering his beast to return to his side, the Doctor is put into a full nelson by his own shadow. Forced to face the lab doors, Nsonowa is able to witness the Shadow Wyrm blink to him and punch into his chest. The Doctor’s monster only stares in confusion as it’s maker falls down dead while several of the children struggle in it’s arms. Dropping the vastayas, Edvin’s stitched together monstrosity roars in anger before rushing the battle ready Aki. Before it can crush the Sleipnir though, a pulse of shadows knocks away the creature’s fist and it feels hands grabbing it. Now struggling against the force of both it’s own shadow and the childrens’ shadows, the beast is hit by several Shadow Fireballs. One of the creature’s flaws comes forth quickly as the undead begins to tire itself out. Seeing his chance to end this, Aki dips back into the shadows before emerging with Shadow Dragon to uppercut the monster’s head off.

With his enemies defeated, Aki rushes to check on the children. Seeing that they’re as okay as can be, the Shadow Wyrm sets up explosive charges in the main lab. Telling the young ones to close their eyes, the Sleipnir teleports their group outside before detonating the bombs and flooding the place. While firefighters, wardens, and gangsters rush to the scene to investigate, the former ninja turns to the children and asks them where they live. It might take awhile but Aki wants to make sure they get home safe and prepares for some long distance teleporting.

CRSN

Metto and Layka

Soaring through the skies above the Freljord, Metto has been given the task of destroying a pirate group’s base of operations located in Glaserport. Layka consents to the mission as she has heard rumors of the Winter’s Claw wanting to launch an assault from the port. Worried that one of the big three factions will spark a conflict, especially with Nunu and Willump so close by, the Wind Shepherd departed with utmost haste. Avoiding detection over warring Demacia, the Freljordian woman and spirit make their way to the peninsula of Lokfar.

“Okay Layka we need to succeed here but be careful. Remember that we need to also force Vrynna to march south. For Nunu and the seal spirits of the bay.” The wind spirit reminds both her human partner and herself. Landing behind a snowbank, Layka makes her way into town on foot.

Making her way to the local inn, the blue eyed woman finds it to be a warm and comfortable place in such a cold land. While the various crews around her are enjoying their shore leave, Layka still feels a tad tense. She knows that the Winter’s Claw are the owners of this port and instincts are a hard thing to lose. Sensing her partner’s anxiety, Metto makes her presence felt and calms her hostess. Able to think straight again, Layka notices a band tuning their instruments and gets an idea. Pulling a lyre from her pack, the Notai woman approaches the group of skalds.

Hours pass and the combination of drums, violin, lyre, and Layka’s voice attracts all manner of villagers to the now bustling inn. While she wishes her son was there to listen, Layka is glad that the wind spirit chose her. Without Metto in her life the Notai bard wouldn’t have been able to meet such fascinating people, including Ornn who she is singing about. This performance even serves to provoke the Winter’s Claw there to begin singing of Valhir; someone the lyre artist also knows well. At the edge of the crowd, Layka spots a woman with many scars across her face and a berserker with two axes enter the inn. Seeing her chance, the wandering musician bids her farewells to the band and heads outside.

Despite the wind blowing wildly around her, Layka is untouched by their harshness and can’t help but smile. Her plan to pass the time while Metto and her summoned a storm went without a hitch. The fact it also attracted many that would have been at the docks serves as a bonus. Reaching into her pack again, the Wind Shepherd grabs her fan and sets about cutting the chains that bind the boats together. Without the heavy metal bonds, the ships of the Winter’s Claw and their pirate associates begin to crash into each other in the violent weather.

“Hahaha, I remember I used to tell my son about how the Winter’s Claw bound people to the old ways similar to how they bound these ships.” Layka reminiscences while a pair of wolf ships sink in front of her. With a small nudging, she even helps start a massive fire thanks to a stray lantern.

“Hmmm you seem to finally be getting into the Coalition spirit. Did we finally manage to break you after all these years?” Metto jokes after taking over briefly. Using their control over the winds, the spirit makes it snow even harsher than before to cover their escape.

“I think it’s more so you’ve all earned my respect. You don’t use divine right, chains, or secrets to necessarily keep control. Instead each of you fight for your passions and homes. Steve’s love of her crew and captain. Pumsha and Zhong want to give their people a future. San and the Koblinoids need to honor their fallen friend. Even if they scare me sometimes, Dahn and Cathy’s loyalty to the cause. Aki wants to protect his home so they won’t have to face the horrors of the world. All of us take on these grand tasks and are all willing to face the horrors of the universe and beyond, just to have a place to call home.” Layka confesses to her partner before the last of the ships catches fire. Pushing the burning wrecks away from the docks to reduce collateral damage, the Wind Shepherd departs with their goal accomplished. The mother of Nunu leaves with a new song strand on her amauti and a new story to tell her son when they meet again.

As they are flying back to the hideout, a light appears near the peaks of Targon. All across the land similar lights soon begin to ignite and Metto remembers what they are. These are the beacons calling the Coalition to mobilize and prepare for the Great Campaign.

CRSN

Ziz

Sitting on the peaks of Targon, Caleb is currently waiting for his ride to arrive and taking in the view. Looking over his shoulder, he acknowledges the presence of the Arbiter of the Peaks; the Protector however has yet to return the favor. As the sun starts to set, the stars appear above and begin to move closer towards the Hooded. Arriving from the heavens is a massive obsidian scaled dragon; one who’s form flows with an ancient and regal celestial pulse. Their name is Vacuum Nocte or as they are known to Caleb, Draken. With a mane of white flames flowing behind it, the great being shrinks down enough to rival the crystalline giant nearby.

“Hello old friend, I’d like to catch up but I’d rather get this visit over with as soon as possible please. Considering the timing… it means that I won’t have as much time left to spend with those I care about.” The Hooded tells the celestial dragon towering before him. With minimal effort, Caleb dons his Dark Armor which has long since been adorned in celestial chains similar to Morgana’s.

“Then climb upon my back young one. Brace yourself for eternity and we will see Ziz.” The former Void Dragon informs his companion before they are mounted. Taking one last spiteful gaze at the Protector, the Celestial Dragon departs from Runeterra in a streak of light.

After leaving the blue planet out of sight, Vacuum Nocte breathes out a beam of star fire that envelops the pair. With the spell complete a gate appears, Draken and Caleb then enter into the portal. Their destination is the sanctuary of the darkin Ziz located at the beginning of creation. The Hooded is only able to go on this journey thanks to his physical, mental and spiritual barriers; otherwise he would have been at risk of obliteration from the sights around him alone. Stars being reborn from black holes, entire planets decaying into nothingness, and more consume the travelers in an indescribable pattern of colors, patterns, and light.

Eventually the pair arrive at their destination, sitting at the edge of a vortex of consolidating light is a Shuriman constructed fortress of ancient design and power. Landing on some form of celestial cloud, the Hooded navigates his way to the fortress amidst a shower of comets. Out of the corner of his eyes he is able to make out shapes in the darkness; eyes, tentacles, serpents, and claws belonging to beings long since lost to this new construct known as time. Entering the golden halls of the fortification, he finds himself surrounded by impossibly winding halls and advanced technology keeping the castle together.

Focusing on where he wants to go, the building warps and twists in order to send Caleb to it’s lone resident. Free falling through the vast fortress, the Hooded eventually finds himself in a dimly lit chamber. Above him is a channel of pure cosmic energy, this divergence in the primordial maelstrom outside being what powers the structure. Emerging from the stream of energy comes the towering robed figure known as Ziz.

Standing four meters tall, the Darkin seems to have evolved as well with the changing of timelines. What was once a sickly, avian covered in ragged robes has done an almost complete turn around. His physical form seems to have fused with the raw cosmic energy around him and is now similar to a night sky. Now wearing flowing robes of gold and ebony, his silver armor is highlighted by bronze and cobalt, though Caleb questions if the Darkin needs the gaudy defenses. The peacock ascended turns his piercing blue gaze and judges him in return; Ziz finds the Hooded’s human form wanting.

“Hello Ziz, I was waiting for you to ask for me. Did you decide to finally fight for the future yourself in this timeline?” Caleb asks the ascended being with a bit of venom in his voice. Aside from informing them of the general times of certain events, the darkin refuses to directly aid the Coalition’s efforts; this has caused Caleb’s blood to boil on more than one occasion.

“I simply wished to remind you to not fail too soon. As you may yet recall the further along the timeline we go the less times I can restart it. So be sure to defeat the Isles and Void this time at the least, also temper tantrums and loss of control won’t be tolerated again. We can’t stop Entropy if you keep destroying the world every time one of your allies dies. They are nothing but temporary to beings such as you and I.” The towering being informs the Hooded. His ultimatum delivered, the darkin rises back into the stream of cosmic power and leaves his guest to depart on his own.

While Caleb is busy returning to Draken, the darkin teleports into one of the sanctuary’s towers to observe him. Once he is sure the pair have left, the ascended soon begins to launch bolts of destructive power everywhere.

“Why?! My lady, surely you’ve seen he isn’t worthy! So why must we put up with his naive cause?! I have no doubt you could convince him to adjudicate the armor! If you’d simply let me wield it then I, no, we would swiftly crush all of your foes!” The peacock rages into the fledgling cosmos. Regaining his composure, the demigod begins laughing at his moment of hypocrisy and anxiety. After all, there is nothing to truly stop him from restarting the timeline; he has done so countless times before to outlast his foes and Entropy, what is another world.

CRSN

Caleb

“Thanks for listening to my complaining on the way here Draken; I just knew he would hold what happened in Zaun over me.” The Hooded apologizes to the soon departing dragon. Nodding in acknowledgement, Vacuum Nocte then leaves Runeterra to complete their own task; to try convincing Aurelion Sol to not destroy this world.

“Oh you have your own space puppy? Do you think your puppy would like to have a playdate with me?” A young voice asks Caleb from behind. Instincts take over and the Hooded Spectral Dashes away to make distance from Zoe.

“Damn, if you’re here then it really does mean the Campaign is starting soon. Hey Zoe, when you can be sure to tell the other Aspects that I don’t mind them; but their so-called “gods” can rot for all they’ve done.” The Leviathan’s host declares to the confused herald before reaching into his Hood. Pulling out a scroll, the Hooded opens it and a bright beam erupts into the air.

“Oh you’re one of those. Hey, catch!” The Aspect of Twilight shouts at Caleb before a Paddle Star destroys the spot he was standing in. Unable to sense the stranger’s presence, Zoe pouts before floating towards the Protector and asking them what just happened.

Teleporting to The Silent Forest, Caleb’s armor is covered in burns from Zoe’s attack and he collapses onto his knee. Spending the next minutes getting over how close he was to being blown up, the Hooded decides to spend the rest of today with more human company. Making his way into the Illuminator encampment, he finds Quinn, Morgana, Lux, and Sona sitting around a campfire.

“Did Kayle descend earlier… oh wow you’ve had a bad day.” Morgana notes before the other women notice Caleb. Quinn and Sona both rush to help him but he is able to dismiss their worries by removing his armor.

“Yeah it has been. I had to talk with that douche Ziz and the Aspect of Twilight tried to blow me up. Also I think I saw something weird on the way back.” Caleb tells the group before finding a seat among his fellow Demacians. A few minutes later they are all roasting marshmallows he brought before the silence is broken.

“So Hooded, what did you see on the way back? It must have been quite something if you remembered it after all you’ve seen today.” Quinn asks her brother before Valor lands next to her.

“I mean it wasn’t something traumatic or painful, more so nostalgic. So we were flying back and on the way I saw two dragons pass by us. One of them was definitely Draken but when I looked at the rider a pair of golden or amber eyes looked back at me. I guess I was watching myself going to see Ziz but it felt weird. It’s probably nothing, I’m just gonna forget about it anyways.” Caleb admits before looking into the distance and seeing beacon scrolls lighting up. Feeling his distress, Sona moves closer to him and lowers his head into her lap.

“Wow that’s something. Talking with gods, picking fights with them, and looking into the abyss seemingly daily. How do you keep going?” The newest member to their group, Lux, asks the Hooded. Considering the uptick in demonic activity and the civil war she feels responsible for, the Crownguard is glad she has met these new friends and allies who support her.

“I’d like to first declare that there are no gods, the things I saw while I was with Draken; no one could claim to have made or been responsible for that. It was too, for lack of a better term, beautiful. As for how I keep going. Hmm… I guess it’s moments like these, wanting to keep my loved ones safe, and the fact that I hope to see this all end one day. When that day comes, I wanna go back to my old hometown and I want to do it with someone special.” Caleb tells the young mage while looking up at Quinn and Sona. Feeling sleepiness starting to overtake him, the Hooded sits back up.

“I hope you get that someday too, I hope we all do. If those beacons mean what you’ve said they do then it’s going to get crazy soon; but we’ll be ready for it.” Quinn confidently declares in front of her friends and family. Nodding in agreement, the outcasts of Demacia find solidarity in wanting to protect others.

Eventually the group say their farewells and Quinn leaves the group. Even in spite of the chaos engulfing the kingdom, she has still managed to secure a route through her hometown of Uwendale; a small farming and hunting hamlet with less than nine hundred people living there. Protected by both rangers and the mountainous terrain, the twin’s old home is a relatively peaceful place. Walking past several fields of carrots, potatoes, and other crops, Demacia’s Wings looks around and feels a tinge of sadness. Her heart then warms when she remembers that her brother doesn’t seek power to rule, he seeks it to throw it away and have peace.

CRSN

New Friends

“Well Caleb it would seem that some of our recruits have managed to pass the trials needed to become a champion.”

“Really San, how many?”

“Hmm, we have a pair and a stand alone. The two together fight well as one from the Cavalry Forces and one of my Army of the Interior has emerged as a candidate.” San notes while looking over the reports in front of her and the Hooded. Handing the documents over once she’s finished, Caleb reads over their backgrounds to make sure they’re suitable.

CRSN

Khal and Cidra

Marching across Shurima’s northern deserts, a Noxian caravan is transporting special goods as well as looking for elements of the Suns of Bel'Zhun; a rebel group in the region that has been interfering in Noxus’ expansions. One member of this detachment of soldiers is Cidra, a towering member of the serpentine Satorlan vastaya, who is following along on foot due to being too heavy for a mount. As they approach a nearby pass, the Verdant Lancer of Kimir senses a change in the air; it has begun to cool despite the harsh sun above. Readying her lance, the vastayan rushes to the front of the caravan to warn the commander when a wall of ice appears in front of the passage. Suddenly from the surrounding dunes, Shuriman warriors on horseback charge the carriages and basilisk riding warriors. While the commander is taking an icey arrow to the throat, Cidra rushes to one of the horsemen and thrust her lance through both his mount and his body. Tearing it out, she then uses her weapon to stop a stallion trying to trample her. Using it’s momentum against it, the Noxian soldier suplexes the steed with it’s rider still on and breaks his legs during the slam. Spotting a few of the Suns trying to break into the special goods caravan, Cidra ironically trample his head into mush before throwing her lance into one of the would-be thieves. Channeling her magic into the hilt of her weapon, the two remaining enemies are horrified when the lance goes from simply pinning one of their friends to a door to growing branches and vines to entangle them. One isn’t able to escape but his friend quickly finds himself dead from a snake woman in granite armor glowing with a green aura shoulder charging him hard enough to die on impact. Walking back to her lance, Cidra rips it from the man’s body and looks to the currently entangled foe. In his hand she sees an explosive that has been lit and glances inside of the carriage to see more of the same devices. Reinforcing her body with verdant magic as quick as she can, the Noxian also has a flower on her shoulder shield her in armor made of vines and her lance aiding with wood. The handheld explosive then goes off and after a chain reaction destroys all of the Noxians and Shurimans except two.

Regaining consciousness twenty four minutes later, Khal wakes up screaming in pain and looks down to see cuts all over his body. Taking a moment to catch his breath, the Leituni then breathes a cool wind until they start to seal with ice. With the bleeding slowed, he stumbles to his dead steed and searches through his packs for a healing potion. Finding only a shattered vial, he curses before taking whatever is left of the magical drought and drinks it. Tearing the scarf from his head, he starts cutting it into strips to help bandage any cuts not sealing properly. Going to inspect his fellow Shuriman’s, the rabbit humanoid doesn’t find any survivors but does find some supplies such as water. Finding an extra string for his bow on another body, Khal restrings his own before hearing the sound of debris moving. Wondering if one of his fellow Suns have survived, he impulsively runs to check and finds a figure in Noxian style armor rising from a mass of burning plants. When it turns to face him with it’s cobra mask, Khal quickly hides his own face in his massive prehensile ears before fleeing with the soldier in pursuit. Glancing over his shoulder, the Night’s Grasp sees a fist barely missing his skull before flipping through the air. Needing space and to stop his pursuer, the Shuriman breathes out his magic and forms a wall of ice to push himself away. Being coated in ice and frost proves to be barely a deterrent to the Noxian juggernaut however as they quickly break free with a roar before charging Khal. Putting it’s arm up to act as a shield for it’s face and neck, they block any ice shards or arrows that would prove fatal before jumping in the air. Realizing she’s going to come crashing down, the rabbit vastaya’s ears begin to glow a frosty blue at their tips as he rapidly channels his spell. Knowing he is about to die, the Shuriman warrior hopes to at least bury this foe with him.

As she is leaping in the air, Cidra hears a noise that seems to be far away but also ringing in her ears. A flood of memories then enters the Noxian’s mind and she remembers another life; one as a human and alongside allies don’t exist, yet. Changing her lance’s direction as she comes down, the lancer misses intentionally before feeling a heavy weight slam into her back. Together the two are buried into the sand until eventually they hit rock and Cidra can hold up the heavy block of ice.

“Oww fucking hell, that hurt! Are you trying to kill us both, huh you ass?”

“Yes!”

“Don’t do that! Don’t ever waste your life on suicide attacks especially when you don’t know if they’ll kill or not!”

“Why would you care about my life, we’re enemies?”

“I just realized how stupid our fight was, that’s all. Now if you don’t mind, I think I need to head to Kumungu now. My comrades are waiting for me.”

“What comrades?! Explain Noxian!”

“It’s not Noxian, it’s Cidra. As for my comrades, why don’t you follow me and meet them. Hey you’re actually kind of handsome under those floppy ears.” Cidra comments and Khal quickly realizes his ears must have fallen off his face. Drawing his bow and aiming it at Cidra, she puts up a finger before taking her lance and growing it’s hilt so it can prop up the icey tomb.

“What’s to stop me from { “You’re not that dumb.” } hazel eyes. I suppose that we can call this a draw and leave together; but only until we meet your allies. Then I must visit Piltover and see what is going on with Clan Medarda. My name is Khal by the way.” The now blushing Shurima tells the Noxian now kneeling to get a better look at him. Seeing that he isn’t lying and that he has warm brown eyes, the snake stands up and begins punching away at the ice block threatening to crush her and the bunny.

“Let me guess, you got told there wouldn’t be a patrol and we got told that no one was in the area. { “Exactly!” } Go fucking figure. Tell you what, after the others see you and you join up with the Confederation I’ll go with you to Piltover to bust some heads.” She tells him before slamming her fist and pulling him close to her. Ignoring how close they are, both of them are freed from their prison when she lifts her lance and the ice starts to fall around them. Climbing their way out of the pit, both of them start to walk east where Khal makes a walkway with his magic to go over the insurgent’s barricade.

“Oh right, I almost forgot. Pleasure meeting you Khal.” Cidra tells him before holding out her hand. Khal takes it and surprises her with a strong grip; or at least for what she was expecting. “It is an honor to make your acquaintance Cidra or Noxus.”

CRSN

Claudi

As the rain starts to come down, a Kiilash by the name of Dennick is glad he managed to return to the cave that he is hiding in with his tapir kill. Whistling once he enters, another responds in kind and a fire is lit by the hideout’s other inhabitant. Sitting alone and completely covered in a burqa is his son Claudi; Dennick notices that their pack is also moving. Tossing down their dinner, he approaches his son’s pack and merely gestures for them to open it. The teen listens and reveals a capybara snacking on a piece of melon.

“Claudi, I do not have many rules but what is the most important one?” The gruff sounding man asks of his only child before releasing the rodent.

“Only carry what we can and only what we need to survive.” Replies the Targonian to his father while avoiding eye contact. This look of sadness softens the older feline’s heart and he sits down next to the boy. “I wasn’t going to keep it.”

“I know you weren’t, you’re a good boy. Did you practice your arithmetic and writing today?”

“Yep, I think my Bilgerat is coming along great. Can you tell me a story tonight?”

“Good to hear that, also don’t you get bored of these stories? I’m not exactly a skald you know.” Dennick jokes with his disguised child before he gets back up to start preparing their food. When the utilitarian man’s back is turned, Claudi takes some of the capybara’s fur they hid in their hand and puts it into their pack; now their doll will have some hair.

“It’s not like we have much else to pass the time. { “You could continue your studies.” } Also you’re really good at it and I’d like to know about who I’ll be led by. Can you tell me more about the Lady of Gold and Blood?”

“After dinner, son. But sure, I’ll tell you about Lady San. So we were deployed in the Freljord when suddenly she showed up and…” The reincarnated Confederate starts retelling to his ever eager child; who is secretly wondering where they can get some red dye for their doll’s future hair.

Eventually the two are able to reach the newly deemed Coalition’ champions who send them into their training program. While Dennick rejoins with the frontline forces, under his direction Claudi joins with the Army of the Interior; the Coalition’s sizable number of soldiers that are trained to handle paperwork, construction, supplies, and other supportive tasks for the future nation. It was here that the young vastayan learns of their magical talent for animation magic and through learning to manipulate magic, counter magic. However the Targonian eventually comes to a mental and spiritual roadblock when medical training happens. Despite knowing they are biologically male and that their father disguised them as a girl to hide from potential pursuers, Claudi still finds themself dressing up in feminine clothes and not growing to match his father’s physique. Soon the recruit’s mentality starts to take a dive and their performance starts to drop as a result. This catches the attention of the training’s monitors who call for champion assistance; unfortunately to them only “Steve” is able to respond.

“Who’s there? Oh I’ve seen you before, “Steve” right? Oh no, they’re not having me drop out are they? Please don’t! I’ll improve, I can’t let my father down.” Claudi starts to ramble off about the various reasons they need to stay. Seeing someone suffering in a worse state than herself, Nguyen takes the confused teen’s hand and walks them towards somewhere more private; as it turns out it’s near the trials of Judgement and Reflection.

“Stop talking. What’s wrong?”

“You can talk! Oh I’m sorry.”

“Nguyen.”

“Oh I’m sorry Nguyen. I’ve just been confused lately. I’m a boy but all my life dad has had me act and look like a girl to keep me safe. Now I can choose to act like a guy because we’re safe but… but I don’t know how but I should.”

“Are you happy or not?”

“Huh?”

“Happy as a boy or a girl?”

“I don’t think I hate being a boy but I also don’t mind being a girl.”

“What makes you happy?”

“I like making toys; I learned recently I could animate objects and they listen to me best. I also like fashion. I like feeling pretty and cute.”

“Do that then. Just be happy. Simple as.”

“I’ll try. You think I could pass?”

“Do you?”

“You know what, yeah. I think I’m going to become a champion. Oh and I’ll keep your voice a secret “Steve’ wait why don’t you talk?”

“Mataka nerves.”

The Coalition several weeks later is alerted to the rise of new champions from their training program. The Star-Crossed Dragoons are taken by the Hooded to join him on finding a special steed. Claudi meanwhile is asked to personally meet with San and, after reading some of the Trap Master’s biography, she is eager to see them. Waiting in her office, the hemomancer is finishing the next year’s food supply orders when the vastaya enters.

“Oh my gosh, you’re just adorable. Hello dear, I am San and I’ve decided to take you in as my protege.” San gushes while admiring her new apprentice’s cute little boots and poncho..Claudi meanwhile struggles to come up with an answer; partly because the Coalition’s Head of Administration is dressed in a simple bathrobe and they’re really meeting their idol.

“Claudi of the Army of the Interior! It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady of Gold and Blood.” They sputter out before pushing their nerves down to feel less foolish.

“Hahaha, it’s been a long time since I’ve been called that. I do appreciate how some people remember me for my hair. Now then how about I get dressed and we go have a drink? Oh you know what I haven’t done in awhile, go out dancing. Are you up for it?” She asks of the clearly nervous boy, no person before her. San then almost giggles at the sight of Claudi squealing upon seeing Annabelle emerging from the floor with a suit for their mistress.

“But shouldn’t we be going through the Bilgewater taxation proposals or the Cavalry's sanitation budget?”

“Claudi, you need to relax a bit. Come on, let's have some fun and we can get to know each other. Oh but before we go, here’s a communicator, tell your dad what you’re doing now.” The ancient mage subtly orders her protege before walking out of the room to get dressed. Scrolling through the communicator’s contacts, the Trap Master is surprised to see their father listed already.

“Hello.”

“Hi dad, I’m at Lady San’s manor and she’s nice. Apparently she wants to take me… dancing. Is that okay?”

“Of course.”

“What?!”

“Claudi you’re growing up fast and I’ve taught you all I can a long time ago. When we meet again I’d love to celebrate you becoming a champion my boy.”

“Dad, I've also got something else to tell you. I don’t think I’m a boy, at least on the inside. I’m not saying I’m a girl either but I’d like to find out what I am on my own. I know that’s not something some parents would want to hear or be proud of but…”

“Claudi, I don’t care. I don’t care that you’re non-binary because you’re still my child. I raised you harshly but I did it so we could get to this point. I did it so you could be free. I’m sorry if you think I would hate you or disapprove of you but you’ve already made me proud. Not even for becoming a champion or a Coalitionist as well but because you’re able to find something that makes you happy. You’ve always made me proud..”

With tears in their eyes and a hand over their mouth, Claudi realizes that their father has had to spend centuries waiting for this moment. The struggle to raise their only child alone and while being hunted only cementing further in the champion’s mind of how much he cared.

“I love you too dad. I’m going to have fun tonight, it’s about time I lived.”

XxxX

Conflation Multiverse Episode 3

“Okay Sona you know what to do. Wish me luck.” With that Caleb jumps out of the helicopter they’re in and lands in front of the moving city. A few minutes later the flying machine crashes and explodes; he’s confident Sona is fine though.

Launching a flare into the sky, the warrior magus gets the massive war machine’s attention. Shedding it’s shining buildings, the former Silver City is now covered in gun turrets for purposes ranging from anti-tank, anti-aircraft, and anti-personnel. It’s main feature would have to be the massive sonic cannon on it’s back. Seeing the upside down city walking away, Caleb sprouts feathery wings and flies after it. One of the guns begins to track him but is quickly destroyed by the mage with a beam. Having gotten the now stopping fortress’ attention, the F. M. I. E. cofounder flies directly in front of the death machine.

“I didn’t think any of the freaks were left over from when the city flipped. Who are you?” A voice asks over the fortress’ speakers. Caleb recognizes the voice over the broadcast as the mayor that they were going to ruin.

“I am Nobody. Now would you care to explain yourself or would you like to skip the formalities? I mean one option at least let's your crew get a last prayer or two in.” The magus confidently shouts back with magic amplifying his voice. Sensing the upcoming conversation, Caleb uses this time to both mark his targets and allow Sona to find her way inside.

“Do you know the history of this nation? Of this city? The short of it is we lost a war to a nation of xenophiles and were forced to let those creatures into our lands. So it didn’t take much effort to get the funds to build this super weapon; especially under the lie of it being a monument to peace and cooperation. Was that good enough for you?” Mayor Bates sarcastically asks the private investigator before turning all weapons onto him.

“I remember that battle, I studied it back at Durand. Yeah we shoved your asses in when you started making concentration camps for nonhumans. I suppose you didn’t learn anything the first time and Durand doesn’t like repeating themselves; neither do it.” With that Caleb opens a portal and unleashes a massive beam. The main cannon on the Silver City walker’s back is destroyed before all it’s weapons open fire.

Meanwhile on the inside, Sona is currently undulating through some sewer pipes when she hears voices. Moving towards the source, she finds an opening leading into an engine form and slips inside. Creating dozens of beads, the slime woman sends them rolling around the room. Once she has everyone in the area marked, the co-owner of F. M. I. E. sends out a beam of magic that ricochets off her separated pieces and kills her enemies. Picking up one of the dead worker’s blueprints, she figures out she’s in the upper deck’s engine room. The walker is apparently split into three layers, each with four engine rooms similar to the one she’s in, and that the central controls are located underneath city hall near the core.

Back outside, Caleb is targeting the walker’s legs to keep it from leaving and posing more collateral damage. This stratagem poses two main problems however, one is the amount of weapons protecting the legs and second is the risk of destabilizing the city; since it was flipped the potential civilian survivors would be at risk of being crushed. Avoiding the barrage of explosives and high caliber rounds, the magus flies underneath the city to escape the fortress’ targeting systems. If the information he obtained from the mansion is true then it means there are less guns underneath. One place he knows for sure that is safe is Gruut Snarl’s company since the mayor’s lackeys weren’t able to make him leave. Checking to make sure he’s out of sight, the mercenary mage begins to alter the ground underneath the front most legs. While able to handle a direct assault well, the legs aren’t able to maneuver well and end up sinking into the ground.

Before the legs sink outside, Sona has just cleared out the rear area of the walker. Due to F. M. I. E. and their efforts , the entire city ends up flipping onto it’s frontside. Increasing her body’s adhesion, the slime woman ends up walking down the now vertical hallways. Eventually she arrives at the core only to find it sealed shut. Sending out a sound wave around her, Sona is able to use echolocation to find a vent leading inside.

“What the hell happened?” Bates wonders as he recovers his consciousness several minutes later. Taking in his altered surroundings, he sees the rest of the command crew are left in various states of injury and consciousness. “Someone help me up and get the damn rear crew on comms. I wanna know why they didn’t react in time.”

On his command his secretary helps him into a stand position but he notices something is off about her. Her hand is extra sticky and, after looking closer at his surroundings, he sees a vent has been burned open. Bates then feels a numbness in his right hand before looking down to see it being consumed. The woman’s face begins to melt and what takes her place is a large pile of red slime. He can barely scream before Sona slams her entire mass onto him and devours him whole. With her main target eliminated, the slime begins to expand and fill the room with her all-consuming form. Once the command sphere is emptied, she begins to make her way towards the rest of the crews.

An hour later Caleb has rescued as many civilians needed to start a rescue operation; a half hour after that he is in the bank clearing it out. While putting as much gold into a bag of holding as he can, the floor melts and Sona emerges. Transforming back into her human looking form, the slime woman now stands several feet taller than Caleb. Noting that she could use a place to digest, the magus opens up a portal back to F. M. I. E. headquarters. Once the pair have stepped through, Sona quickly reverts into a blob and Caleb plops on top of her before the partners fall asleep.

Several weeks pass and the survivors have already begun rebuilding a small town. Caleb is even walking home from grocery shopping when he decides to head by the park. He is fairly sure he can find a swing set there among the ruins when a sound gains his attention. A humvee is driving on the road near him and his instincts take over. Summoning explosives underneath the armored vehicle, the mercenary mage forces it to flip off the side of the road and down a small hill. Blinking to the passenger seat, the magus reaches inside and pulls out the barely conscious man inside.

“Who are you people? Why are you looking for… oh no.” Caleb mutters as the color begins to drain from his face. On one of his would be assailants face is a mask made of petricite.

Realizing the remnants of the Mageseekers have found out his location, Caleb throws the passenger back inside and sinks the Humvee underground. He then teleports several miles away from headquarters and begins to run there as fast as he can.

XxxX

Conflation Episode 4

It’s times like this that the Durand Graduate known as Caleb Fleetfoot is glad that he is not entirely human anymore. The moments where he can’t use magic for fear of attracting unwanted attention. As the rain begins to pour down hard around him, he sincerely hopes that the rumbling in the distance is thunder and not explosions. Even as the dirt road underneath his feet turns to mud and his lungs burn he keeps running as fast as he can. To his joy the two story brick building that is their home is still in one piece. He quickly snaps out of this thought and continues to run home before bursting through the front door. Less than a minute later, Sona enters through the lobby ceiling and finds the mud covered Caleb stacking as much furniture into a barricade as he can.

“Oh hello dear, soooo I just learned that we’re gonna have some surprise guests in a bit. I was thinking that we should redecorate the place for them.” The nervous private investigator jokes before awkwardly chuckling. Feeling his distress, Sona pulls from within her a cup of tea for her partner; and a glock for their “guest”.

“Can’t take a break now dear. I’m gonna go set up a teleportation circle in the basement, would you be so kind as to start setting up party favors for the guests. Also I wanted to say I'm sorry Sona, you’re about to be in danger because of something I did.” Caleb tells her before they split up to set up defenses. Half an hour later dozens of armored personnel carriers arrive outside the property. Dressed from head to toe in petricite enhanced tactical gear, the Mageseeker Tactical Extermination team has arrived.

This assault has been over a year in the making, it is the Mageseeker’s attempt at taking revenge on the man responsible for their devastating losses last year. After graduating from Durand Hireling University Caleb was involved in a campaign that led to the toppling of nine planet spanning governments under Mageseeker jurisdiction. Although the troop losses, cuts to their fundings, and destruction of equipment were severe the worst loss was of their leader, General Bertram Crownguard. With the loss of their leader at the pereiopods of a shrimp-eagle hybrid, the Mageseekers were spiritually broken and since then Tiana has sworn vengeance.

Returning to the present, hundreds of Mageseekers are currently awaiting orders outside of F. M. I. E. to attack. Stepping just past their vehicular barricade is the invader’s CO, a man of the Inciter Class by the name of Dusan Ahdikari. Pulling out a megaphone, the dark skinned man begins to try and negotiate the surrender of both targets. Despite having the numerical advantage, the Mageseekers know better than to underestimate the pair; let alone if they’re backed into a corner.

“Caleb Fleetfoot, aberration! Come out peacefully and we may spare your lives. We can even cut a deal, we’ll let the slime go if you surrender Caleb. So come out now, put down any weapons you have, and get on your knees!” Is the ultimatum Dusan gives the pair. Looking at Sona for her opinion, the mercenary is happy to note her holding her etwahl even tighter.

“Get on my knees? I’m not your mother last night! So bring it on you Phantom of the Opera looking mother fuckers!” Caleb retorts back before a sharp note rings out from next to him. A soldier's head next to Dusan ends up falling off after a sonic blade cuts it. “Damn Sona, good kill but that was somewhat cold of you. But I feel you, these bastards are the reason our home isn’t quite like home right now.”

With that soldier’s death both sides freely open fire upon each other. Despite the amount of bullets and explosives being used, the Investigators are well protected by Caleb’s wards and a force field generator. This has forced the Mageseekers to try and force their way into the building. Trying to use their superior numbers, the tactical team attempts a three pronged assault on the jack of all trades business. The left most team quickly comes under fire from Cecil Beam Turrets while the right has a flock of giant shreagles dumped onto them. Rather than try their luck with a frontal assault, the central team decides to stay behind the vehicle barricade and call for backup. Rolling in from both ends of the road are a pair of tanks while an attack helicopter is teleported in. Using their heavy weaponry, the tanks destroy the turrets and the shreagles which opens up the remaining infantry to get to the building perimeter. Sona and Caleb would try to stop the foot soldiers but the helicopter’s machine guns are proving a nuisance. The final straw for Caleb playing things safe though is when the tanks begin using their turrets to wreck the building and start shaking it violently enough to cause Sona discomfort. Opening up a portal, the Durand graduate lands on top of the left tank before cutting off the hatch with his chainsword. Throwing a grenade inside, the magus then transforms his arms into their demonic state before forcibly turning the barrel at the other tank. Seeing the enemy tank’s machine gun turning towards him, Caleb jumps inside and fires at the turret. With the other tank disabled, the investigator opens another portal and jumps onto the attack copter. Quickly beating both pilots to death, he then pilots the helicopter towards the central part of the Mageseeker force. Sending the vehicle crashing into the opposition, Caleb teleports back into F. M. I. E. HQ but doesn’t see Sona on the second floor. Hearing gunshots on the first floor, the magus rushes downstairs and sees that several teams have breached the building. Surrounded by acid burned corpses, the red slime is currently strangling three soldiers with her pseudopods while another is screaming as their face melts. After she is done killing their foes, the ooze woman transforms back into her human form before rushing to check on Caleb.

“I’m glad you’re okay too. Sona, I’ve got a bad feeling about this. We need to get to the basement now.” The jack of all trades confesses to his partner who looks back at him with an upset look on her face. Watching her pick up her etwahl and an enemy assault rifle, Caleb walks up to her and hugs her from behind. “I know you love this place, I do too, but as long as we’re together we can make a new home anywhere we go. I promise you that we’ll find that place one day. Please trust me.”

Hearing his pleas, Sona takes Caleb’s hand and tugs him towards the basement. A minute later a nuclear missile completely destroys F. M. I. E. Headquarters as the Mageseeker ship in orbit watches. While it may have cost them a lot of elite troops, Tiana is glad that their previous most wanted is dead.

Unknown to the Mageseekers though, Caleb and Sona are now standing on another planet. Spitting up blood from overexertion, the magus is helped up by his partner and the pair limp into a nearby city. With only the weapons they brought, a couple of drop bags, and a dream, the pair are already planning a way to get funds for their plans.

XxxX
Champion Spotlight (s)

San

Aliases: The Hemomancy Healer, Coalition Head of Administration, Gwen, Tiago, and various other names starting with San.

Birthplace: Zuretta, Shurima

Weapons: Stitcher Gloves and Hemomancy

Species: Human (Magically Altered)

Occupations: Hemomancer, Doctor, Wine Connoisseur, Coalition Head of Administration

Appearance: Female, physically early thirties. Has a lithe body with ivory skin, hazel eyes, and mid back length deep red hair with golden blonde streaks. The stitcher's gloves which are white and end in silver claws from where the gloves' wires extend. Typically seen in a dark blue ankle length skirt, matching sweater, red cowl, and a surgical apron. Often seen with a leather satchel housing documents and vials of various blood types. While incognito will often wear whatever the local attire consists of, also has a habit of nudity at home.

Eye color: Hazel

Measurements: 5'11 feet/180.339~ cm, 150 pounds/68.0389 kg, ectomorph build

Taunt: San brings out a bottle of wine before chugging it all and breaking it on her head. “I have wines in my cellar older than your entire kingdom, want a taste?”

Joke: San pulls out a maid outfit and attempts to bribe nearby champions to wear it; if against someone wearing one already or a Cafe Cutie skin she’ll instead bring out a tea set. “Come on, I offer good benefits and I’ve got plenty of old money.” “Eeeeeeeee! Allow me to offer you a drink.”

Recall: Wiping the sweat from her forehead with a towelette, San then summons a glass of wine and drinks to a job well done.

Likes: Wine, surgery, maids, and logistics work

Dislikes: Predictability, prohibition, abuse of power, and spilling her drinks

Quick Bio: One of the first humans to gain Hemomancy, San for the longest time felt like her lifespan was a curse. Spending much of her time in isolation, her solitude was broken when a gifted young mage sought her out. This Hooded mage then spent the rest of her life attempting to convince the dour blood wielder of the value of the temporary things in life. At first San followed Alexandra to stop her visit, then to get access to wine, and finally to prove her wrong. Eventually it took her friend's death to convince San of the beauty in the world. Vowing to serve her descendants, the healer now fights alongside Caleb. Acting as the older sibling of the Coalition, her optimism and healing abilities never fail to brighten her patient's day.

Base stats:
Health: 595-2227

Health Regen: 5.5-17

Armor: 30-115.6

MR: 30–52.9

MS: 335

AD: 50-105

Attack speed: 0.625

Bonus AS: 0-38.52%

Range: 525

Passive: Red Stained Hands-Innate: All damage that San heals or deals to enemy champions is stored in her secondary bar. This bar is factored by Bonus Health and Ability Power. She also gains +5 ability power for every additional 25% base mana regeneration.
(35/40/45/50% Max HP and 5/10/15/20% AP at Levels 1/6/11/16)

Optimistic Outlook-Effective Radius:1000
Innate: San and allies in combat gain a 10% movement speed bonus when moving towards enemy champions while under 50% HP

Q: Bloodline-(6/5.5/5/4.5/4 second CD) Range:575 Width:110 Tether Range:975
San creates a tether between herself or an ally to a nearby enemy or neutral unit that begins to drain health over 4 seconds. Should the tether be broken the enemy takes Magic damage equal to Red Stained Hands.
(80/140/200/260/320 plus 50% AP)

W: Vascular Incision-(9/8/7/6/5 second CD) Cost:30/35/40/45/50% of Red Stained Hands Range: Self
Consuming a portion of Red Stained Hands, San enhances her next attack to deal bonus Magic damage. Enemy champions hit will leave behind a blood trail for 3 seconds which grants allies bonus movement speed while on it.
(60/100/140/180/220 plus 80% AP)
(30/35/40/45/50% Movement speed)

E: Get Pumped-(16/14/12/10/8 second CD) Range:800 Cast Time: None
San increases an ally's adrenaline to give them Adaptive force and Omnivamp. The healing from this is then placed into Red Stained Hands.
(Adaptive force 10/20/30/40/50 plus 10% AP)
(Omnivamp 8/9/10/11/12% plus 5% AP)

Ultimate: Hemotherapy-(150/135/120 second CD) Cost: All of Red Stained Hands Effective Radius: Self/700
Drawing all of the blood from nearby allies, San cleanses them of all debuffs and crowd control. After a brief delay of 1.5 seconds she then also heals them.
(200/300/400 plus 10% Missing Health, 40% AP, and consumed Red Stained Hands)

San-"I used to think my eternal life was a curse. That nothing mattered because of it. Then I made a friend who when they died proved me wrong."

RCSM

"Steve" Nguyen

Aliases: The Navigator of the Deep, Lady Hullbreaker, Mama Shipwrecker

Birthplace: Mataka Village, Guardian Seas

Weapons: Hullbreaker warhammer, May, Aalto, Kaimana, Reef Magic

Species: Mataka

Occupations: Ship navigator, emissary, sea monster raiser

Appearance: "Steve" Nguyen's gender sometimes becomes a point of debate among the others due to her androgynous nature. To help with that, she has grown her raven hair down to her neck. Being a Mataka, "Steve" has elements from various sea creatures in her physiology. Examples include a barnacle cap with two working feelers acting as braids, extendable webbing between her digits, living starfish limbs for a half skirt, and small tube feet on her arms and sides. Her pink skin has a permanent glossy shine due to a thin layer of slime for protection and temperature control. Due to often assaulting enemy ships from underwater and hanging off the sides of ships, Nguyen dresses mostly in simple light clothing. A gray knee length skort, matching short sleeve blazer, and a gray shawl with a golden line are often what she is seen in.

Eye color: Blue

Measurements: 5'2 feet/157.48 cm, 115 pounds/52.1631 kg, mesomorph build

Taunt: “Steve” is lifted up by May as Aalto and Kaimana roar at the enemy. `Thanks for helping me look tough everyone.`

Joke: Nguyen starts to fall asleep against their hammer when it slips out from under them and clunks “Steve” on the head to no effect. 'It's no Drunken Scuttler but… zzz oh what happened?!’

Recall: Steve sits onto a rock at sunset and watches it as her friend May jumps overhead. As her orca ally disappears in a splash of water, Steve joins them.

Likes: Naps, sailing with Captain Dave, deep diving, Claudi (Best Friend)

Dislikes: Pirates, dry places, smoking, and scary ghost stories

Quick Bio: Like most of her people, Nguyen is almost voluntarily mute from anxiety. This didn't stop the young Mataka from learning the ways of her people. Where the Marai were more aligned with water magic, their Mataka cousins became one with the reefs and creatures around them. Upon reaching the vastaya equivalent of her early twenties, she had reached the final test of her people; to catch, tame, and raise a sea monster. Nguyen was almost eaten by Platewyrms, lost a piece of her skirt to a Golden Narwhal, and failed to catch a Jaull-fish. Finally she settled on one of the sea's mightiest creatures, the Shipwreck Hoarders. It took several years, but when Nguyen returned to her people she had tamed not one but two of the monsters. With that she gained the right to travel abroad… where she was almost immediately involved with a pirate raid. By the time Captain Dave found the ship she was on, the Mataka had already defeated the entire raiding party. Impressed by her ability to defend herself, the former bounty hunter asked her to join his crew. A mix of anxiety and love at first sight kept the vastaya from talking but she accepted. With nothing to call her by, the crew of the Drunken Scuttler eventually took to calling her "Steve". She now serves as their navigator and, alongside her aquatic friends, "Steve" Nguyen protects Captain Dave, his crew, and any ships associated with them; when she's not napping on the side of one.

Base stats:
Health: 660-2572

Health Regen: 9-17.5

Mana: 280-1150

Mana Regen: 7-15.5

Armor: 31-130.6

MR: 32– 74.85

MS: 340

AD: 64-134

Attack speed: 0.63

Bonus AS: 0-42.5

Range: 175

Passive: Getting Comfortable- (4 seconds set up) Range:Self Effective Radius:1000
After casting an ability, "Steve" begins to settle into an area. If they stay in this area then Nguyen regenerates (2.5%-10% based on level) missing Health and mana every 5 seconds. Additionally her abilities gain back an additional 1 second of cooldown while they are within the area.

Q: Reinforce the Hull- (13/12/11/10/9 second CD) Mana Cost:60 Range:800 Cast time: None
Channeling their Vastayan magic allows the Navigator of the Deep the ability to grant an allied champion, turret, or themselves bonus resistances for 5 seconds.
Additionally the target immediately gains the benefits of Getting Comfortable.
Bonus Armor and MR (20/30/40/50/60 plus 20% Armor and MR)

W: Dash against the rock- (12/11/10/9/8 second CD) Mana Cost:30/35/40/45/50 Range:1000 Effective Radius:400 Pillar Radius:150
Summoning a pillar of stone and coral at a target location, "Steve" lays out a visible trap for her enemies that deals Physical damage and Slows enemies by 30% for 1.5 seconds in an AOE if touched. If a displaced enemy touches the pillar they are stunned instead slowed.
(70/90/110/130/150 plus 110% Bonus AD)
Pillar duration- (6/8/10/12/14 seconds)

E: Dolphin Kick- (9/8.25/7.5/6.75/6) Mana cost:50/55/60/65/70 Range:500 Effective Radius:150
"Steve" performs a flip kick while summoning their orca friend, May, to knock up enemies for 0.75 seconds in a direction near them and dealing Magic damage.
(70/100/130/160/190 plus 90% Bonus AD)

Ultimate: Hydros Cannons- (120/100/80) Mana Cost:100 Range:1555 Width:175
Steve's pair of friendly Shipwreck Hoarders, Aalto and Kaimana, rise up on both sides of her. Together the serpents channel twin beams of high pressure water in a target direction over 5 seconds and can turn to face a new direction.

Every 0.3 seconds enemies hit take Physical damage and gain a stack of Wipe Out. At (5/4/3) stacks they are then shoved to the edge of the beam and slowed by 90%. While she is immobile during the spell's channel time, Steve can still cast her other spells during this time.
Tick Damage (30/35/53.3 plus 6% Total AD)
Total Damage (450/525/800 plus 90% Total AD)

“Steve” Nguyen-’Maybe if I don’t move everyone will forget I”m here… no, they would notice because they’re counting on me. Eek what was that? Did I say that aloud?`

RCSM

Zhong

Aliases: The Enraged, Bringer of the Crimson Flood, Father of the Zhoma

Birthplace: Current Incarnation is from Mudtown but is Originally from Ancient Ionia.

Weapons: Ancestral jian sword, God-Willow scarf, claws, and teeth

Species: Zhoma (Reincarnated)

Occupations: Elder, Sword Instructor, Animal Watcher, Former Vastayashai'rei

Appearance: Zhong's attire typically consists of creme robes with purple and black sleeves. They are always found with a matching scarf that has sticks and leaves poking out of it. Their accessories include a canvas bag hanging from the side and an enchanted snake skull mask. His scales have turned a mix of white and gray with age; some are even missing and small patches of shed skin can be seen. Zhong's gaze seems to permanently be judging with his yellow eyes.

Eye color: Yellow while calm, Pure Red while wearing the mask or enraged.

Measurements: 5'7 feet/170.18 cm, 162 pounds/73.482 kg, ectomorph build

Taunt: Zhong takes a seat, closes his eyes, and starts smoking a pipe filled with willow leaves. “Give me a moment. My heart tends to fill with grief for those I am about to chop into peace.”

Joke: One of Zhong’s descendants runs up to him and requests to be carried before they start to whisper to “Grandpa” about their day. “Pop Pa!” “Oh hello Indra how are you doing?” “I saw a scuttle crab and and…” “Calm down little one and tell Pop Pa all about it slowly.”

Recall: Sitting down with a groan, Zhong breaks off two branches from his scarf. One to form a barrier of branches around him and the other to act as a smoking pipe.

Likes: Nature watching, training his swordsmanship, sunbathing, and a nice smoke break

Dislikes: Dying, cocky people, cheaters, and shedding

Quick Bio: Father to all Zhoma, the vastayashai'rei Zhong has watched over his descendants over the ages. Of all of his fellow vastayashai'rei he was known best for his tenacity and fury. These two traits backfired severely when he became the last of his kin. The events surrounding the Tide of Blood are shrouded in mystery except for the fact that Zhong himself was at the source of it. After the flood that caused devastation across Ionia for a century ended, the ancient warrior found himself reborn. No matter how many times over the ages he has died, Zhong the Enraged would eventually find himself reincarnated. Eventually he took it upon himself to care for his Zhoma descendants. With his request, the lizard vastaya rallied to the Coalition under promise of a great reward in the end; immortality.

Base stats:
Health: 655-2414

Health Regen: 8.5-17.85

Armor: 34-109.6

MR: 32-67.65

MS: 350

AD: 63-131

Attack speed: 0.66

Bonus AS: 0-55%

Range: 150

Passive: Terror Tactics- After scoring a takedown on an enemy champion, Zhong can retrieve a special "token" from their body. The next time Zhong damages a champion before the token expires they are feared. Successive fears are halved. Grow at Levels 1/6/11/16 to a duration of 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds. Targets are slowed by 50-75% based on general level. “If you’re looking for your friend, here they are.”

Sore Loser- Age has not fully tempered this Vastaya's rage. When Zhong respawns he gains bonus on-hit and ability damage against his killer that deals Adaptive Damage based on their resistances. If no enemies have recently killed him then his target becomes the enemy with the most champion damage followed by the nearest enemy champion. Bonus damage on hit scales from (15-150 plus 10% AD) based on level.

Q:Zhoma's Wrath-(4 second CD) Range: Self Cast Time: None
Zhong takes a bite out of an opponent's throat for his next auto within 5 seconds, dealing bonus Physical damage and inflicting them with Rot .
(10/20/30/40/50 plus 10/20/30/40/50% Bonus AD)

Rot causes the target to be slowed for 0.75 seconds and inflicts Grievous Wounds at (40/45/50/55/60%) for 2 seconds. Zhong gains Bonus Self-Healing is also increased by (20/25/30/40/45%) for the same duration.

W: Dragon's Beat- (16/15/14/13/12) Effective Radius:700 Angle:80 degrees
Zhong swings his blade in an arc. Dealing Physical damage and knocking away enemies for 0.75 seconds. The target of Sore Loser however is instead stunned for 1.25 seconds. This ability also applies On-Hit effects and disables projectiles going through it..
(65/90/115/140/165 plus 45% AD)

E: Way of the Warrior- (0.5 static cooldown toggle) Range:Self
An ancient warrior, Zhong has mastered when to cool and boil his blood at the best times in combat.
Cold Steel mode- Gains (10/20/30/40/50 Armor) as well as marking enemies auto attacked within 6 seconds with Locked in Combat. Locked in Combat causes them to take damage from Sore Loser whenever they auto Zhong.
Hotblooded mode- Gains (20/30/40/50/60% attack speed) and deals (50/85/120/155/190) bonus Physical damage every third auto. He also gains 5% bonus movement speed in combat.

Too Stubborn to Die- (200/180/160/140/120) Range: Self
Despite his reincarnations, the power of the original Vastaya Shai Rei still courses in Zhong's veins. Dealing damage fills up Zhong's Bloodshed gauge equal to 70% of his Max HP. Upon taking fatal damage Zhong's mask shatters and he enters a blood crazed state. He then gains temporary HP equal to his Bloodshed gauge and gains double this ability's attack speed bonus. Scoring a takedown on an enemy champion before time runs out revives him with health equal to his current temporary HP and 40% Max HP.

Ultimate: Death Blows- (130/110/90) Target Range:600 Effective Radius:400 Cast Time: None
Moving at high speeds, Zhong vanishes before reappearing behind his target to mark them. He then repeats this process 4 times to other nearby champions and can hit the same one multiple times. He will always prioritize Sore Loser's target and inflicts bonus Magic damage equal to half of this ability's Physical damage. At the end he appears behind Sore Loser's target and detonates the marks for damage. This ability also applies on-hits effects.
(20/40/60 plus 5/6/7% Max HP)

Zhong-”You won’t be alive for long. Take that time to think over what you’ve done and repent.”

RCSM

Pumsha

Aliases: The Fiery Negotiator, Bearer of the Great Stick, Shaman of the Mounts, Clever troll

Birthplace: Ash Troll Village, Alp Island

Weapons: Volcanic Magic, The Great Stick

Species: Ash Troll

Occupations: Shaman, Farmer, Ambassador

Appearance: Each morning, Pumsha combs his messy crimson hair before putting on his leather jerkin and trousers on one hole at a time. Shaking off any debris from his rough gray skin, the troll shaman then grabs his people's most prized possession; The Great Stick. A banner that has two never ending flows of lava acting as flags. Now with aid from the Coalition, Pumsha has taken to wearing a cuirass. He enjoys grabbing smaller enemies and smashing their heads against his armored, round belly. Even despite the visible roundness of his stomach, like all trolls Pumsha has plenty of muscle.

Eye color: Orange with specs of red

Measurements: 10'4 feet/314.96 cm, 867 pounds/393.265 kg, endomorphic build

Taunt: Pumsha breaths a gout of flames into the air and slams the Great Stick next to him to pose with. “Graaaaaagh! Don’t worry, your ashes will feed this land and it’s people.”

Joke: Pumsha puts on a pair of glasses and starts to try drawing only for his pencils to keep breaking. An ally can click on him to give him a pen instead. “And they call my people uncivil… you’ve gotta be kidding me.” “Oh thank you, I’ll show you the finished version later.”

Recall: Pulling out a book, Pumsha calmly reads it as the Great Stick forms a pool of lava underneath the troll’s feet. Noting his place, the troll then enchants himself with red runes and sinks into the lava.

Likes: Meditation, farming, hot baths, and diplomacy

Dislikes: Pranks, The Koblinoids' tails, ice magic, and letting others down

Quick Bio: Centuries ago, Pumsha was given the greatest honor among his people; holding the Great Stick. He is now blessed with the task of remembering the history of his people and to never let the heirloom fall. Upon taking up the Great Stick, the memories of his predecessors started to enter his mind and Pumsha soon became curious. How come if trolls are bigger and stronger than humans do they not control things? It couldn't be magic because his ancestors ate ancient Ionia Vastayans to get that. He then came to think about how his kind were also forced to live on the outskirts away from other races. Eventually Pumsha came to the conclusion that the reason trolls couldn't rule over everything was because they weren't civilized enough and therefore not clever like the ash trolls. As though to answer his wishes, four people calling themselves Sleipnirs arrived on Alp Island looking for the troll's aid. With the Great Campaign to come, Pumsha and his people will get to realize two dreams. Firstly, showing the other "civilized" people that trolls can exist alongside them. Secondly, finding and punishing the Ice Witch who banished the first ash trolls for not bending their knees to her Iceborn; a thought that makes even the most passive of ash trolls blood boil.

Base stats:
Health: 645-2550

Health Regen: 8-22

Mana: 475-1200

Mana Regen: 9-19.5

Armor: 30-118

MR: 32-68.25

MS: 335

AD: 60-112

Attack speed: 0.625

Bonus AS: 0-17%

Range: 150

Passive: Hostile Environment- Effective Radius:250 on auto
Innate-After casting an ability, Pumsha’s autos and damaging abilities leave behind an area of flames that burn enemies for Magic damage for 4 seconds.
Damage per Tick (5-20 based on level plus 10% AP)

Hostile Environment can also affect the terrain and has special effects for doing so; Walls will knock back up to 200 units after a brief delay of 1 second, Brushes ignite to do the same damage for (3/4/5/6) seconds based on Ultimate level, and Rivers leave behind steam that slows for 15%.

Q: Till the soil- (9/7.75/6.5/5.25/4 second CD) Mana cost:35/40/45/50/55 Range:500/800 Angle on Active: 130 degrees Width on Recast:200
Active: Pumsha swipes in an arc and tears up the ground in a nearby area with The Great Stick.
(75/95/115/135/155 plus 60% AP)

Recast: After holding for 1 second, Pumsha will instead thrust forward in a line to do the same damage but also leaves behind a delayed 0.75 second Knock Up.

W: Eruptive Force- (11/10/9/8/7 second CD) Mana cost: 65/70/75/80/85 Range: Self/650 Width on Recast:350
Active: Channeling The Great Stick's lava banners in his fist, Pumsha empowers his next auto to deal bonus Magic damage and Knock Up his target for 1 second for the next 4 seconds.
Bonus damage (20/35/50/65/80% AP)

Recast: After 1 second you may recast this ability at the cost of losing your empowered auto. Releasing the pent up power of The Great Stick, its bearer launches out an explosion of lava in a target direction that scorches an area for 3 seconds and deals Magic damage every 1 second.
Damage per tick (45/85/125/165/205 plus 35% AP)
Total Damage (135/255/375/495/615 plus 105% AP)

E: Lava Wall- (25/23/21/19/17 second CD) Mana Cost: 80 Wall Width:350 Wall Length:400 Range:0-150/400 Angle on Recast:180 degrees
Active: Summon two walls of impassable terrain on both sides of Pumsha that follow for (3/3.5/4/4.5/5) seconds. They will also burn enemies that are near them every second for Magic damage.
Damage per tick (20/25/30/35/40 plus 10% AP and 5% Bonus Health)
Total damage (60/87.5/120/157.5/200 plus 30/35/40/45/50% AP and 15/17.5/20/22.5/25% Bonus Health)

Recast: Slam both walls together and Knock away enemies caught towards a location near him. This also deposits the walls at the target location for the rest of the duration.

Ultimate: Pyroclastic Flow- (140/120/100 second CD) Mana cost:100 Passive Explosion Radius:250 Active Range:750 plus 250 per Lava Sphere stored Active Effective Radius:250
Passive: Every 30/25/20 seconds a sphere of lava will appear around Pumsha up to 3/4/5 times. If an enemy champion is Displaced by one of Pumsha’s other abilities then a sphere will lock onto them and deal Magic damage in an AOE explosion.
(100/150/200 plus 65% AP and 10% Bonus Health)

Active: Pumsha causes a line of three eruptions that each deal Magic damage and Knock Up enemies for 1 second; all stored up spheres are also expended to extend the line.
Hostile Environment triggers created by this ability also grant Pumsha 30/60/90 Movement speed while moving towards enemy champions.
(150/250/350 plus 90% AP and 15% Bonus Health)

Pumsha- “My tribe is my world, now disappear!”

RCSM

Ziz

Aliases: The Dark Beginning, Herald of the Great Mistress

Birthplace: Ixaocan

Weapons: Cosmic Magic, Time Magic

Species: Darkin

Occupations: Keeper of the Sanctuary of Time, Prophet of the Dark Lady, Former God Warrior

Appearance: Evolving each time he has restarted the timeline, Ziz's body has become fused with primordial energies. This has caused some of his body and his tail feathers to look similar to a shimmering night sky. His previous incarnation as a peacock Ascended Host can still be seen with the large train, feet, feathery hand, and head. The Darkin in him is visible as well considering the rest of his form consists of corrupted flesh. Wearing flowing robes of black and gold, Ziz further flaunts his status with a breastplate of silver that is highlighted and engraved by bronze and cobalt.

Eye color: Pure bright blue

Measurements: 13'5 feet/4.0894 meters 1742 pounds/790.1579 kg, mesomorph build

Taunt: Ziz picks up a plant and withers it to nothing with his abilities before tossing the dust toward his enemies. “Take joy in the fact that my form will be the last thing you see.”

Joke: Ziz finds a fallen ice cream cone and reverses time so he can enjoy it himself. “It should be obvious that all my hard work deserves the occasional treat.”

Recall: Dusting himself off, the darkin then manifests a gyrosphere of cosmic energy around him and meditates.

Likes: Himself, control, The Dark Mistress, and the Sanctuary

Dislikes: Hero complexes, his outbursts, pointless distractions, and Caleb

Quick Bio: Born long ago in the Ancient Shuriman Empire, the mage that would become Ziz didn't stand out among his fellow God Warriors. This made him perfect for the task bestowed upon him by an ancient entity. A creature of pure darkness which had been guiding mortals into building a near inconceivable structure. This Sanctuary located at the beginning of time itself would be the tool used for this task; to stop Entropy. Now whenever the former Ascended Host needs to he can restart the timeline at a cost, but not for Ziz himself and that's all that matters; that and the approval of his Dark Lady. Observing the countless battles throughout history, Ziz plots and sabotages his way ever closer towards his survival and victory.

Base stats:
Health: 642-2506

Health Regen: 8.5-22.6

Mana: 450-1300

Mana Regen: 8.5-20.8

Armor: 25-116

MR: 32–66.85

MS: 335

AD: 60-121

Attack speed: 0.625

Bonus AS: 0-25%

Range: 150

Passive: Withering Assault- Innate Passive: Every fourth instance of damage from Ziz's autos or abilities causes targets to have reduced self heals and shields for 3 seconds. Once this debuff runs out the target also takes bonus Magic Damage.
Reduction (20/30/40/50% based on Ultimate Level)
Damage (3/4/5/6% Maximum Health based on Ultimate Level)

Q: Flash of Creation- (10/9/8/7/6 second CD) Mana cost:70/75/80/85/90 Range:650 Angle:60 degrees
Summoning the primordial forces of the cosmos, Ziz unleashes a burst of energy in a target direction to deal Magic damage. Enemies hit by this ability are also Grounded for (1/1.5/2/2.5/3) seconds.
(60/105/150/195/240 plus 75% AP)

W: Passage of Time- (16/15/14/13/12 second CD) Mana cost:40/50/60/70/80 Range:450/900 Width:160
Passive: Damaging an enemy with an ability marks them, doubling this ability's range and allowing Ziz to blink to their location at the cost of (3/2.5/2/1.5/1) extra seconds of cooldown and consuming the mark.

Active: Ziz dashes in a target direction and stuns the first target hit for 1.5 seconds before auto attacking them twice. Enemy champions hit by this ability also have the durations of on-going buff timers cut in half.

If the passive of this ability is triggered or Passage of Time is used to counter an enemy’s dash then Ziz instead locks his target and himself in Stasis for up to 2.5 seconds. During this time, he begins to rapidly spin his target around him before throwing them up to 200 units in a target direction; this ends the Stasis on both of them but his target is then stunned for the rest of the duration.

E: Phase Out- (16/14/12/10/8 second CD) Mana cost:80 Range:800 Effective Radius:350
Raining down a barrage of time paradoxes at a location, Ziz destabilizes an area after 0.5 seconds; this deals Magic damage on impact and marks the location for 4 seconds. Enemies in the area have their Magic Resistance reduced while in the destabilized zone. Enemy champions hit by the initial damage are additionally marked for White Hole Barrage.
(30/50/70/90/110 plus 35% AP)
Magic Resistance shred (5/10/15/20/25%)

White Hole Barrage- (2/1.8/1.6/1.4/1.2 second recast) Range:950 Effective Radius:300
If an enemy champion was damaged by Phase out then Ziz hurls out two cosmic anomalies; one to Phase Out's location and one to the nearest marked enemy champion. Upon arrival they cause an explosion that deals Magic Damage to enemies and knocks them away from the epicenter if they were marked by Phase Out. Enemies can only take damage from one of the anomalies.
(80/120/160/200/240 plus 75% AP)

Ultimate: End Times- (140/110/80 second CD) Mana cost:100 Range:725 Radius:500
Ziz summons down a cage of displaced time at a target location for 3/4/5 seconds. Enemies that touch the walls are stunned for 1 seconds, dealt Magic damage, and take (5/10/15%) increased damage from Ziz for the stun duration. Enemies can be affected by the same cage after 1 second of being stunned.
(150/250/350 plus 80% AP)

Ziz-"I have recreated countless timelines to make this one. Become unmade."

XxxX

A/N Yeah if enough people ask I might shorten the spotlight part; originally they lacked a lot of details so it was easy to put them together. Anyways if you’re wondering where Claudi’s spotlight is it’s in Chapter 13 and the Dragoon’s spotlight is in Chapter 14 where they were introduced originally and respectively. Alternatively you could see all of the Coalition's Spotlights and even a skin for each of them in the REbooted Gaming Manual. Enough self advertising, I hope you all enjoyed the new stuff added and the old stuff that stayed too. Show your support for your favorite champions in the respective polls, I might have a message soon asking for some help with adding to the manual, support is appreciated, and have a nice day.

Chapter 11: REdemption

Chapter Text

A/N Welcome, welcome, welcome. I hope you are all enjoying the holidays. Please do check out the REbooted Gaming Manual to see the various OC's kits, attires, and bios. It will also be updated whenever I can. All support is appreciated and do enjoy this chapter as always. I hope to continue writing and entertaining you all in the future.

Starring: Samira, Caleb, Rell, Leblanc, Lux, Vex, Conflation Sona, and a cameo from Morgana and Riven

XxxX

Walking towards the Arena prison cells, Samira is suddenly barred from entering by a guard. Being on a tight schedule, and needing to walk to the Hooded, the daredevil tries to move around the man but is stopped again.

"Soldier, why are you trying to stop me? I was told that the Hooded could be found in the Arena cells visiting Riven at this time." Samira inquires of the nervous guard. Taking a moment to look around, the guard leans in to whisper to the Shuriman woman.

"Look, we've got orders to let him do what he wants when he comes here. He told us to get out and to not come back in until he said so." The man tells her before walking back to the door. Deciding not to argue, Samira prepares to wait before a wail from within catches her attention and she rushes inside.

Navigating the halls with Blaze and Thorn at the ready, Samira rolls in front of Riven's cell where the scream came from. Lying on the cell's bed roll together, the Hooded is currently watching the Exile sleep. While this might not be too strange to the mercenary, what does start to set off alarms is when she notices Riven is only covered by the Hood. Caleb then calmly puts a finger to his mouth and motions for her to go back outside to which Samira complies. Several minutes later, Caleb emerges from the cells before teleporting Samira and himself to a more secure location.

Arriving at a hidden shack several miles north of Noxus Prime, the pair begin to review the maps located around them. For a while the two style users have been trying to track Rell's location. While Caleb might be trying to find her to help the young lady, he is unsure of Samira's motives. Hearing about the young lady from an unusually quiet Leblanc, the Hooded's interest peaked when the Matron lacked information. Over time though he was able to learn more about the Iron Maiden and even certain details about her lineage.

"I've figured out her next stop, Hooded. She's heading towards the city of Ruug, if we move out now then we should be able to cut her off." Samira informs Caleb while drawing on the map. Taking into consideration her travel speed and destination, the Hooded is plotting out their teleportation point.

"Sounds good, I didn't feel like renting a basilisk or horse for this anyways. Don't worry Nita, I won't let anything bad happen to her." The Hooded promises while Samira knocks over a nearby lantern. As the cabin is engulfed in flames to cover her tracks, the pair have already teleported away.

Riding her way through one of the many mountain passes in northern Noxus, Rell is rushing to save the remaining Null students when a blue light appears in front of her. Feeling her battle instincts kicking in, the Metalmancer continues to charge ahead at full speed. Dashing out of her path is an odd pair, a woman with an eye patch and a man in a strange hood. Sensing the guns in the woman's possession, Rell begins to super heat the firearms until she is forced to drop them. Seeing the one eyed lady dropping her sword as well, the teenage lancer turns to see the Hooded man running away. Giving pursuit, Rell eventually finds him running up a gravely mountainside. Using her magic, the Iron Maiden summons the ores beneath her target to the surface where it entombs him. Struggling to get her steed up the hill, Rell dismounts and trudges over to the quickly formed prison. Cracking it open to stab in with her lance, the ferromancer is shocked to see no one inside. Suddenly emerging from the ground beneath her feet, the Hooded man grabs onto her ankles. Consumed in a strange energy, the Iron Maiden begins to struggle to breath before she is torn from her armor. Catching her breath as quickly as she can, the metal mage tries to summon her armor back but can no longer sense it. Not giving her a chance to think, the man is already running towards her. Slamming her lance into the ground, Rell tears out as much metal as she can from the earth and creates a magnetic storm around her. Lifting her opponent off the ground via metal debris, she attempts to finish him off with a thrust from her lance. This ends up failing though as he simply goes incorporeal again before launching two tethers at her. Instinctively trying to block the attacks, Rell ends up with one attaching to her lance and the other to her left hand. With a powerful tug, the Hooded stranger loosens her grip enough to tear away her weapon. Not done fighting yet, the Iron Maiden tries to summon her lance back to her but is instead pulled closer to the man. Feeling him wrap his arms around her, Rell prepares for the worst but begins to feel an aura of kindness from the man.

"It's okay Rell. I know it's hard to believe but after all this time you're not alone anymore. I'm going to help you just like your aunt helped me." Caleb tells the young woman before loosening his hold. Pushing off him, Rell stares daggers at the man to try and intimidate him but all she really ends up doing is giving him nostalgia.

"Who the hell are you guys? Get this crap off me." Rell demands of her captors before feeling a tug on her wrist. Realizing the tethers have turned into cuffs, she begins to struggle against her new binds.

"Oh wow you managed to do it. Hello little lady, my name is Samira and this is the Hooded. You've made quite the fuss around the empire since your rampage began. Now what I'm wondering is, why is it that a young lady like yourself is running around causing so much mayhem." Samira asks the Iron Maiden after catching up to the pair. After almost getting burned by her weapons earlier, the daredevil is glad that the Hooded requested detaining Rell alone.

"Fucking puppets, you get told to do something and you just do it. No wonder the Black Rose has run Noxus for so long." The teenager grumbles before sitting down. To her surprise, the Hooded then reaches inside of his coat and drops her armor in front of her.

"So what was this about the Black Rose? I'm really curious about what you know about them." Caleb asks with a notably angry tone in his voice. Getting an idea of why Leblanc has been so quiet, the Hooded makes a note of visiting her later.

"Long story short, my mom was a member of them. They used me and a bunch of other kids in experiments for years to create soldiers. I ended up learning how they used the weaker children to make me stronger and now I'm wrecking any of their operations I can find. More importantly though, I'm trying to find any of the other Null kids and save them." Rell informs the pair while equipping her armor. Holding out her hand expectantly, the Hooded gives her back her lance after releasing her binds.

"I see, you were traveling north to attack another outpost. Do you even have a plan?" Samira inquires of the girl. Pulling out her pistols, the daredevil begins to check her weapons for any damages.

"My plan? Let's see, haul ass to Ruug, break in there, kill everyone, and save any of the other Null kids I can before they try to hop the border. Now if you two don't mind, I need to get going." Rell dismissively tells the pair before forming her horse and getting ready to ride off. Finishing her inspection, Samira gets ready to ask the Hooded something before he stops her.

"We're going there with you. We need more answers and it may not seem like it but we've got enough morals to help kids in danger. Plus I can get us there faster and it sounds like time is of the essence. Will you let us help you?" Caleb requests of the Iron Maiden. Sticking his hand out in offering, Rell hesitates for a moment but eventually gives in and accepts his offer.

Teleporting to a ridge outside of the coastal fortress city, the group gives Rell a moment to get over her nausea before staking out the area. After an hour of watching the city gates, the group notices a caravan approaching. While the guards are inspecting the transport's paperwork, Rell spots several familiar looking adults and Samira manages to catch a glimpse cage in the back of one of the wagons. Deciding to try and tail them to their destination, Samira volunteers to go as she knows Ruug best and isn't a wanted criminal. This leaves the Hooded and Iron Maiden alone on the ridge. As a light rain begins to roll in, Caleb forms the Hood into a tent shape and insists Rell take shelter inside.

"So why are you really doing this? I didn't know my aunt, hell I didn't even know I had one until you told me." Rell asks Caleb while huddling under the makeshift tent. Watching him take his mask and goggles off, the teen is surprised by the shadows shifting to block her view.

"I meant it when I said I wanted to help you like Nita helped me. You even look a lot like her; the bushy hair, the metal magic, and that anger all remind me of her. I guess another reason is I've been where you were. I got put through some similar experiments more than a decade ago and it made me a monster; I don't want you to be the same. Let me ask you something, do you have any plans after you save those kids?" The Hooded asks his adoptive cousin. Adjusting the collar on his red dress shirt, Caleb tries to look Rell in the eyes but she is instead looking at the ground.

"I'm not sure. I guess I didn't think that far, I've only ever failed to save any of them. What if we can't save these Null kids either? How do I live with that?! How do I live with failure like that? Knowing if I was better I could've saved someone." The normally stoic teen begs her new partner. Seeing the pain and concern in her eyes, Caleb pulls her into another hug before she can start crying.

"We're gonna save them, don't think of defeat when we haven't even started yet okay. You gotta think positive. Besides, if we can't save them then we will get revenge for them." The Hooded tells his younger cousin while keeping an eye out for Samira's signal. Feeling a bit better, the Iron Maiden sniffles a little before sitting back.

"Did something like that happen to you? You mentioned being like me so I'm guessing that you've done that before. So how do you deal with the guilt?" Rell asks her new partner while floating a bit of metal in her hand.

"I live one day at a time, that's how. Nita died saving me and if I was stronger then she wouldn't have had to. But that's something I can't control, what I can control is how I use my strengths now. You gotta live for the people who died; including those you kill." Is all he says before noticing a guard tower lighting a torch. Realizing Samira has found the caravan's hideout, the two gear up before teleporting inside of the tower.

Waiting until night, the party sneaks down into the city to find their objective. Sneaking their way to the main square, Samira begins to inspect a statue of a warrior before finding a switch. Revealing a dimly lit passage, Caleb leads the way using a flicker of Pumpkin Energy to light the path. Eventually the passage leads to a massive cavern illuminated by crystals; at the center of the area is a dome shaped building with an encampment surrounding it. Spotting several cages with barely moving children in them, Rell transforms her armor into horse mode before charging towards them.

"Oh shit she just ran in without a plan, C come on." Samira tells Caleb but is held back by him. Looking back at him, she is surprised to see him holding up a finger telling her to wait.

"I'd just like to clarify that I don't and won't be using that name anymore. Just keep calling me Hooded okay. I'm not going to fight like nine other people trying to use that nickname. Look, it's fine for now. Let's just get through this battle and I'll try to maybe brainstorm some new names later." The Hooded notifies the Desert Rose before they rush to join Rell. Eventually the pair of witty warriors find Rell already throwing several soldiers around as dozens more approach.

Crushing one in his own armor, the Iron Maiden then crashes down from her mount and smashes two soldiers in the process. As another attempts to shoot her in the back with a crossbow, Samira shoots him in the chest instead before performing a Wild Rush to cut down three others.

Teleporting his way to the cages, Caleb summons his Betwixt Chainsaw which causes the squad guarding said cages to run. A bit disappointed at not getting a fight, but also proud they knew to run away, the Coalition champion cuts open the cage doors. The only reaction he gets from the Null children though is them staring dully towards the sound of battle.

Back with the Noxian champions, Rell launches one of her sleeves to shield Samira from an incoming ax swing. She then snaps the tether between the two, sending out a repelling blast of magnetic force that stuns any troops near the pair. On a Daredevil Impulse, The Desert Rose begins to dashes among the paralysed enemies before shooting and slashing them apart. Seeing they're clearly outmatched, the remaining dozen troops decide to make a run for it.

"They're getting away! What are you doing? Let go of me! Samira!" Rell yells while the older mercenary holds her back. Slapping the teen out of her bloodlust, the one eyed warrior points to the cages where Caleb is checking on each of the children.

"Sorry I wasn't much help ladies but it wouldn't have felt right to leave these guys unguarded. Give me a little bit, I'm going to go get the Sleipnirs and Gwen. We should be able to get them some transport to this monastery I know back in Ionia." Caleb tells his party members while stepping out of the cage. Teleporting to complete his tasks, the Hooded wishes he could simply teleport the children but doesn't want to risk their conditions worsening.

Wanting to check the stone building alone, Rell convinces Samira to look for the camp's records so she can sneak off. Stepping into the underground lecture hall, Rell quickly rolls to the side and avoids a net of petricite. Not sensing any metal, the Iron Maiden looks down the rows of seats and sees her mother sitting on the stage. Golden eyes lock onto the exhausted older woman as the teen begins marching towards her. Forgoing any armor, the Black Rose agent is simply wearing gray robes and is clearly exhausted.

"I knew you'd come but I thought we'd have more time to prepare. I didn't think you'd be one to take help from others. So what are you going to do now? Do you want an apology? Maybe to take me prisoner? Or are you just going to…" The instructor isn't even able to finish her sentence before her former student unleashes a Shattering Strike. Knocking the woman down, Rell climbs onto the stage to finish the job.

"Hey Rell the Sleipnirs just, what are you doing?! Rell stop!" Samira shouts at the girl from at the top of the steps. Distracted from her matricide via her ally's pleas, the ferromancer fails to see a flash of blue light appear next to her.

Deflecting Rell's coup de grace, Caleb then unleashes a flash of energy to quickly finish off her mother. Furious that her kill was stolen, the Iron Maiden instinctively tries to crush Caleb but due to a lack of metal is unable. Consumed with rage she then tries to stab him with her lance only for it to merely pass through him. With her usual tactics failing, Rell begins resorting to trying to punch the Hooded but her attacks keep simply passing through him.

"Why did you kill her?! This was my fight to end! She lied to me my whole life! She made me a weapon and sacrificed children to do it! Worst of all, she was my mother! Damn it, at least let me hit you!" Rell screams at the Hooded while desperately trying to land a blow. After fifteen minutes, the young lady begins to cry and, in an exhausted state, starts to slow her punches.

"I couldn't let you do that Rell. Even if she was a piece of shit, you shouldn't have to kill your mother; that's not something a lot of people recover well from. Besides, I was told to break this cycle in your family." Caleb tells the teen to help justify his actions. Sensing the girl burning herself out, he even begins to let her weakly pummel at his chest.

"Oh but me killing those soldiers was okay? You two had no problem with that, fuckers." The Defender of the Meek growls out while giving him a death glare. Feeling used again, Rell tries to hit him harder now that she has the chance.

"You rushed ahead before we could plan anything! Revenge is something I've done before but the key is to not make it personal. If you make it personal then it consumes you and you start to make mistakes. Besides, you're still just a teen damn it and you wanna know why I'm like you?! Before the Null there were the Myths, I'm the last surviving Myth and they forced me to do so much shit that I'm not proud of! Now listen to me, there are over two dozen children out there and they need you. I've managed to get transport to a safe place in Ionia for them, so I'm going to ask you this once. Help them and let this go." Caleb advises the furious girl before taking her hands. Telling her to breathe with him, Rell does so and begins to calm down. As the breathing exercise continues, Caleb feels nostalgic as he used to do this with Nita.

While the rest of her party are calming down and the Sleipnirs are herding the Null kids outside, Samira explores the camp. Coming across the caravan's documents and while investigating them notices the name Indari pop up. Picking up a satchel, and stuffing it with as papers as she can, the Desert Rose then goes to help Cathy with a child that keeps walking in the wrong direction.

XxxX

A couple of weeks later, Samira is heading towards Indari's house for answers when a figure emerges from the shadows. Dressed in dark robes that blend into the night, the woman reveals herself to be Leblanc.

"You seem kind of pale, Leblanc. Sure you're getting enough sun?" Samira dismissively addresses the illusion mage before taking a step back. Wanting to make sure she's in the light, the mercenary hopes to force Leblanc to step forward and do the same.

"It seems my information on you is correct, Samira. You have earned the right to know a secret of mine; everything I have ever done, even before the conception of Noxus, has been to prepare the world for what is to come. I am willing to admit that the Null was a mistake, I was taught this." The Matron of the Black Rose calmly informs the daredevil. Feeling her recently broken arm twitch, Leblanc is reminded of her scolding by the Hooded.

"If it's something that scares someone like you then it must be bad. But it's something that we adults need to take care of." Samira tells the Pale Women before shooting her in the head. Seeing the body evaporate, the mercenary continues to meet up with her mentor, hoping that the night won't end with another gunshot.

XxxX

After escorting the Null children for a week, Caleb says goodbye to Rell before The Adventurous Seas Ionia. With that stressful mess over, the Hooded teleports to the Silent Forest to check on one of his projects. Walking towards the dilapidated shrine near the back of the camp, he senses a pulse of magic before it disappears. Emerging from a nearby tent, Morgana and Lux come out holding a silver collar marked with runic engravings.

"Oh hey Hooded, we just finished making that collar you asked for. So how did it go with the Null kids?" Lux probes of Caleb before he looks down in shame.

"We managed to get twenty four of them out but five of them… five of them just lost the will to live and we had to bury them. San is especially taking it hard since she healed them as best she could. Metto, Layka, and Aki are taking her out to Piltover for some time off. I sent Cathy to make sure they got to the monastery safely. Dahn asked me to drop them off a couple hours ago and they were crying when I saw them. I'm sorry but I'd like to hurry up and do what I have to do today so I can go back home." Caleb informs the two mages before taking the collar. Bidding them farewell, the witty warrior picks up Zhong from Mudtown before teleporting to the Shadow Isles.

Testing the ward collars to see if they need any improvements before the Great Campaign, Zhong puts the neckwear on. When asked how he feels, the elderly warrior informs Caleb that he is fine. With the test being a success, Caleb prepares to teleport them out when he senses a magical presence in the mist. Escorting the Enraged back to his duties, the Hooded quickly teleports back to the Shadow Isles and begins following the presence. Making his way deeper into the wasteland, the perfect host eventually stumbles upon an odd sight. He finds a yordle dressed in dark colors is playing around with several ghoulish specters. Briefly observing them, the Coalition champion notes that they appear to be playing a game; one that shares similarities to hide and seek and freeze tag but ends with the wraiths being buried.

"Well this is different, don't see many living things here that aren't treants. What's your name?" Caleb asks the teal haired yordle. As her shadow gains eyes and cocks it's head to the side, the Hooded remembers the yordle's name.

"My name is Vex. Welcome to sad town normie, population me. Everybody else can get out. Speaking of, get out of here before Shadow makes you." Vex dismissively threatens the Hooded before Shadow forms up next to her. With a flick of her wrist, the Gloomist fires out a Mistral Bolt at the Hooded but it simply passes through him.

"Awww that's so cute. You're willing to be miserable so no one else has to be. Also I like your style, not every day you see a goth yordle." The Hooded legitimately compliments the yordle who just tried to blast him. Checking out the undead around them, he is a bit surprised to see them still trying to hide behind cover.

"I am not cute. I am dark and forlorn and hopelessly morbid! Also why can't I hit you and make you go away?" The goth teen asks the witty warrior before plopping down. Summoning a pair of hands to act as a chair, Vex then slouches into her seat as much as possible.

"Just my Spectral Form, as for how it works exactly. Well Nita didn't tell me but apparently it involved learning Ochnun, the language of the dead." Caleb admits to the bored yordle who now looks slightly less bored. Seeing a nice log nearby, the Hooded uses a Coercion line to pull it towards him to act as a seat.

"That doesn't sound totally lame. Alright normie you got my interest now. Not that it matters, I'll probably just forget you when you die anyway; lucky." Vex morbidly informs the human sitting in front of her. Seeing they won't get to play gravedigger right now, the undead mob nearby disperses.

"Hehehehe, I don't die so easily. Also even if I could I'd wanna make an impression on as many people as possible; bonus points if they're immortal. A bit ironically, I also want to kill a lot of things that are "immortal" but that's besides the point." The Hooded confesses to the now slightly confused she yordle.

"I've never heard of a human being immortal before; especially since you guys usually crap out after a century at best. So did you come here to try and die or whatever?" She asks him before he starts a fire. Watching him pull out some s'more ingredients, the Gloomist's stomach begins to grumble.

"No, I actually came here to test something and it worked. Now I guess I'm still here just so I can hang out with you. You seem cool. Did you want some food?" Caleb asks the mage before him. Seeing Shadow put it's hands on it's stomach, the shadow mage reluctantly holds out her hand.

"Before you ask I eat just fine out here, mostly mushrooms and whatever washes up from the wrecks but I'm fine. Besides, it's not like either of us need to eat. I'm basically magic and you've got whatever going on." Vex comments before being given a s'more. Tentatively taking a bite out of the snack, the goth yordle then turns away to quickly eat the rest.

"Hmm never thought of that. I guess since I was mortal once I'm doing it now out of habit, plus food tastes better than just eating dirt or something. Suppose a lot of what I do now is out of habit but then again how else would I pass the time." The Hooded lets her know before he starts to make his own snack. Getting an idea, Vex wonders if she can test the stranger's mindset and make him miserable.

"But what would be the point of that? I mean if you're just doing something out of habit then you could probably unlearn it right? Plus all mortal things come to an end so best to get out of that mindset quickly. Not like they have any meaning in the end anyways." The nihilistic yordle tells the Hooded before crossing her legs. Feeling some food on her lips, Vex quickly wipes it off before resuming her "cool" interrogation look.

"Hmmm, I guess that's why I like them so much. Besides that's part of what makes temporary things beautiful. I'd also like to think that one day they could be permanent though." Caleb informs his new companion as he pulls his s'more out of the flames. Taking a bite out of the snack, he begins to make another one just in case.

"I doubt they will and, even if they could, there are just too many things in the way. Besides death is the true meaning of life, you should give up just like I did. Also woah that was deep." Vex let's slip out before returning to her usual disinterested gaze. Internally though she is anticipating to see the stranger's mood drop.

"I think I'll pass on that; tempting as it may be. I won't lie though, I've had more than a few moments where I want to just leave. But then I remember what it was like to be mortal and I remember that I like things. Friends, my sister, food, drinks, games, and a bunch of other stuff, I'd like them to last forever. Besides sitting around moping ain't gonna fix anything, especially since I'm someone who can. Oh and you can call me the Hooded." Caleb tells Vex before offering another s'more to her. Watching her pout just a little more than usual, the Gloomist accepts his offering.

"That's a stupid name, but you do have a pretty cool hood. Hey you said something about a test earlier, what exactly was it?" Vex inquires before switching legs since one is starting to fall asleep. As though to answer her question, Caleb simply reaches into his Hood and pulls out the collar.

"This is one of the things I've made to help me take control of the Isles and save the rest of the world. I've seen people like you before Vex and I will tell you the same answer I gave them. This world does suck and I'm a fool for thinking I can change it, but I won't just turn my back on life; because it was this crappy world that made me and my faith. Sorry for sounding lame and cutting our conversation short but I should probably get going. I know Leddy is nearby and he'll want to know the collar works. Was nice hanging out with you, see ya around." Caleb tells Vex before getting up and dusting himself off. Watching the Hooded get ready to leave, Shadow drops it's counterpart.

"Ow, Shadow! Hey wait, that whole speech was lame but I guess you at least know you're lame at least. When you finish with whatever you're doing, do you wanna hang out later? It's whatever. Maybe if I'm around you could be made into less of a normie." She briefs him before choosing to lay back rather than get up. Catching her glancing at him quickly before looking away, the Hooded can't help but smile a little.

"Sure Vex, maybe we can even hit up an arcade or something. After that I'll leave you alone for a bit. By the way do you wanna know the future? Like the actual future and not what I think." He asks her before receiving a slightly interested "Meh." in return. Afterwards he begins to head towards Ledros to tell him the news, Levia springs up onto his shoulder.

'Are you going to tell her that you were confident she would turn around? Maybe even tell her that she sometimes ends up as your second in command?' Levia grills her soul bound companion. Even poking her small arms at his cheek, the entity manages to eventually get his answer.

"Nope."

XxxX

Later that day at the Hooded Mansion

"So let me get this straight, some cry baby is going to go looking for his ghost wife and I'm supposed to help him? But that guy sounds so lame Hooded, can't someone else do it?" Vex whines to the Hooded before picking up a burger. When he told her that he had a staff of ghost-like beings making his food, the yordle grew interested and wanted to see for herself.

"I know he sucks but you're the only one who can do it. Besides, all you've gotta do is open some portals and we'll do all the work." Caleb counters before grabbing a fried chicken leg. Surprised by her desire to follow him around, he reconsiders what he told Levia earlier.

"Ugh fine, but you better give me a room here. Least you can do for me if you're gonna change the Isles to a lamer state. Besides, how do you know I won't betray you for that loser? { I don't know, but you're reliable from what I do know. } Err fine, whatever. Make sure to remember to take me to an arcade next week?" The Gloomist asks her host with a bit of nervousness. Telling her "Yes" is good enough for the yordle before she puts as much food as she can into a satchel. After all, while life sucks, cooked food is better than whatever washes up on the Isles from shipwrecks.

XxxX

Conflation Episode 5/0

Running out of an alleyway with the sound of sirens nearing him, Caleb enters a plaza holding an automatic rifle and a duffel bag of money. As civilians are running around him screaming, the magus flips over a cafe table to use as cover when several SWAT arrive near him. Engaging the officers, the bank robber is buying time for his partner to arrive so they can flee the city together. While normally the freelancers would be willing to do work for money, the threat of the Mageseekers and destruction of most of their assets has made them a tad desperate.

"Come on jello shot where are you? Sorry I don't want it!" Caleb shouts as he smacks a stun grenade back at the officers. As the police form a barricade with shields, one of their helicopters also arrives to give them air support.

Emerging from the nearby sewer with her half of the score, Sona sees one of the police choppers flying by overhead. Undulating her way onto the roof of a bookstore, the ooze notices Caleb has become pinned by several SWAT units. As the snipers on board the helicopter are flown in closer to get a better shot, she takes her chance and strikes. Like she's seen her partner do before, the alternate Maven sends out a tendril and slingshots her way onto the aircraft. Quickly pulling the gunmen out of the helicopter, she then moves to hijack it from the pilot. When she expands to consume him though the man manages to see her in his peripheral vision and in a panic pulls his taser out. This ends up proving effective as when he fires in a frenzy the prongs hit Sona's core. While a normal projectile might have passed through the slime's nucleus, due to the nature of the prongs, the freelancer is instead subjected to an internal electrocution.

Swapping back to Caleb's perspective, the magus hears a loud hissing sound before the officers pinning him down crushed underneath a falling helicopter. Seeing their chance to escape appearing before them, his joy soon turns to horror as he sees Sona limping towards him. Running up to have a closer look at his partner, the magus notices that the left side of her form is melting and drooping. Ignoring the pain within, Caleb quickly uses what little magic he has to try and reform Sona's normal state but this only works temporarily. Starting to panic, Fleetfoot has his partner latch onto him and begins to carry her.

"Shit! Hold on Sona I know where to get the help you need. You! Give me your keys now! Step away from the bike or I'll blow your fucking head off!" Caleb shouts at a couple who just step out of their sidecar equipped motorcycle. Firing a warning shot into the air, the pair of bank robbers proceed to then make their getaway in the ensuing chaos.

Escaping the city limits and driving along the coast, Caleb drives as fast as he can to a special clinic across the border. Feeling her hand reaching for his thigh, the magus takes it in his own and holds it gently. Eventually several hours pass and as the sun starts to set, Sona begins to drift out of consciousness to her partner's dismay.

"Hey, don't fall asleep muse. I know you like to hear me talk away so umm oh I've got it, remember the day we met?" Caleb asks his companion before returning his other hand to help steer the upcoming curves. Extending her neck, the ooze woman puts her head into his lap as he starts to tell their story.

Almost a year earlier, Caleb was visiting a remote jungle planet to search for his parents. Remembering his promise to Quinn, the older twin has spent the last month using all his resources to find their birth parents. Wanting to look good for his family, Fleetfoot is wearing his suit but somewhat regrets it as he trudges through a path of mud. Despite his shoes becoming dirtier, the magus is still grateful for the break in the recent rainstorms. Eventually he comes upon a collective farming community, and after some questioning, begins to walk towards a farm at the base of a cliff. As he nears the simple white and black ranch, hesitation begins to take hold of him.

"Okay dude you've got this. Hello Mr. and Mrs. Fleetfoot, I am your son Caleb. Your daughter, Quinn, wasn't able to come with me because she's busy with Sentai Team stuff; oh she says the theme is a phoenix robot and little sisters. Now we don't expect anything of you but we would like some answers. Alright, that seems like a good enough introduction." The Durand Graduate assures himself before he steps onto the property. Immediately sensing something is wrong, Caleb simply opens a portal to a sun and sucks the structure into space. Watching the disguised monstrous entity clawing at the ground before being sent screaming into space, the young man yells to get the attention of a nearby farmer. "Oi! What the hell is this?!"

"Thank the lord in Paradise, everyone, it's a miracle! This young man has banished the demon that has cursed our village for generations! How can we ever repay you sir?" The farmhand exclaims as others begin to gather towards the now vacant lot. After several minutes of inquiring about his parents, Caleb is disappointed to learn that they were never actually here. As it would happen the demonic house had set up connections to lure others like the magus to it.

Bidding his farewells, the magus wanders out of the hamlet before he comes across a dirty river. Tearing his shoes and socks off, Caleb then gets ready to soak his feet to calm down but first scans the rushing waters for pathogens. His magic soon picks up an oddity coming from upstream which appears as a streak of crimson. Deciding to clean up the environment, he uses a spell to extract the foreign substance from the rapids. Catching some faint twitching from the mystery goo, his training kicks in and he casts a spell to reform the slime to it's base state.

"Well I'll be damned, a slime. You've gotta be more careful when you go for a swim, do you have somewhere I can take you? Wait, can you first make yourself look a bit more humanoid so I can understand you better?" Caleb requests before the creature shapeshifts into a red version of him. Repeating his questions, the young man learns that the slime is a she, has no place to go, and can in fact understand him.

"Hmm, how about you follow me for a bit and we can take it from there, sounds good?" The magus offers the stranger before offering his hand. Feeling a massive sense of deja vu and certainty, the slime woman accepts his offer and the pair leave for another world.

Back in the present, Sona is hearing Caleb finish his side of the story when they arrive outside of a hospital. Weakly latching onto his side, the slime woman is gently carried towards the entrance when she starts to remember that day. She remembers that it was not long after her kingdom broke out into civil war and she was deposed.

On the remote jungle planet of Rangu there exists a kingdom predominantly inhabited by nonhuman species. Each species that inhabits these lands is given a chance to rule for at least one generation. In this case, the high elves were set to adjudicate and pass it onto the slimes. However, so much time in power allows for corruption and they wished to retain power by force. In the ensuing chaos, Princess Sona was caught in an explosion and fell out of the palace throne room. Falling into a nearby river, the slime soon found itself distorted via the current and sent drifting along with it. She would never learn of her people's triumph though as after several days she was gone. Weakened greatly by the blast and the water pulling her apart, Sona was preparing to embrace death until she felt a tugging sensation. Feeling her form stabilizing, the exile quickly recovers and takes in her surroundings before a voice says, "Well I'll be damned, a slime."

'Of course I remember that day my dear. How could I forget the day you saved me and we started our life together. I will admit at first that I used you as a means to escape potential hunters; but over time that has changed. We started to work together and even without a voice you always knew what I wanted. Maybe one day I will be able to express my feelings to you with words but until then I will just have to show it with my actions. Please don't feel guilty for my current state.' Sona thinks to herself before fading unconscious as the sun starts to rise. Seeing his partner turn into a ball form, Caleb holds her tight and prepares to enter the hospital. As he gets ready to open the front doors however they suddenly swing open and a horde of undead flood outside.

XxxX

Conflation episode 6

Being pushed down by the dozens of undead around him, Caleb soon finds himself underneath a zombie. Panicking since his arms are busy carrying Sona, Fleetfoot prepares to use what little magic he has to detonate in a fireball when something strange happens. Rather than trying to eat him, the zombie instead stumbles back up and tries to help him. As the crowd disperses, several nurses and doctors arrive outside after them.

"Good job everyone. You all handled the fire drill very nicely, now head back inside. Good lord! Sir are you okay and someone quickly get a stretcher for this slime!" A red headed svirfneblin shouts before Caleb hands off Sona to her associates. After the gnome briefly checks the magus' own health, the good doctor leads him to the waiting area to rest.

After driving all night yesterday, Caleb is woken up by the same doctor who admitted the investigators this morning. Apparently he was tired enough that the freelancer managed to sleep through visiting hours and must go now. Telling him that Sona is in surgery, the distraught man is given a pamphlet detailing several local accommodations before he begins to leave. While looking for information on the nearest hotel, the magus ends up passing near the rehabilitation ward. Seeing a reinforced door wide open, he glances inside and sees an Eternalized; a warrior skeleton encased in magic resistant metals. Watching the soul stealing creature struggling to play a guitar, Caleb knocks on the door frame before getting closer.

"You've gotta tune it first. Also try putting your hands here and here Ms… Ife. Ife, that's a nice name. Well anyways I should get going, good luck with your playing. I'll also just close the door behind me so you don't get in trouble." Caleb informs the undead before leaving her room and the hospital. As he starts the stolen motorcycle they came in on, the investigator in him can't help but wonder why Ife's room was the only one open.

Over the next couple of weeks, Caleb visits the hospital everyday; to check up on Sona but also to see his new friend. Early on in his visits he learns that the hospital has recently undergone several renovations. Using special wards, they have become able to house magical creatures and suppress them enough to help them. As such creatures, for example undead, are allowed to undergo a rehabilitation program to undo mental and spiritual programming. A side effect of this however is that the hospital has had to temporarily exclude magic based treatments as the wards drain magic. Fleetfoot takes note of that fact and even manages to determine the range of the field; he learns that it ends just past the fountain on the front lawn.

During his latest visit however it seems that an incident has occurred. While taking roll call in the rehabilitation ward, a nurse found the dead body of a doctor. Seeing as the body was found drained of his soul and considering where it was found, the culprit could be almost anyone. Approached by the hospital's director, Khatar, Caleb is offered the job of solving the issue. Considering how delicate the situation is due to the suspects, they would like for him to find the culprit before the police can get too deeply involved. Taking the elf up on his offer, the freelancer requests any possible footage of the incident. The security is also ordered to make sure no one in the area at the time is allowed to leave. After securing the crime scene, Caleb goes to the phone booth outside of the hospital limits and makes a call.

"Durand Hireling Academy, what do you want? Caleb! How are you? The old lady was worried when she got word Mageseekers were coming to find you. Also I've got like four people on hold but I can talk with you." Secretary Vex dully informs her senior before checking her nails. Even though they came into Durand at different times, the yordle recalls the time she spent with Caleb to not be too bad.

Caleb actually managed to catch her at a decent time as she just woke up from a nap. Making sure her desk is still messy, the yordle goes to grab a soda from her mini fridge. Remembering her red and black hoodie was zipped up over her face, which causes her to resemble Shadow, Vex undoes it enough to drink.

"Kind of shit to be honest. My house got nuked, my partner got tasered and is recovering, and now I've gotta solve a murder mystery. I could really use a supply drop." Fleetfoot tells the Head Mistress' secretary while flipping through the list of suspected species. Thinking about calling in backup, the graduate decides against it as he lists off what he wants.

"Okay so that'll be a standard bolter, ammunition, Project Survivor's Guilt, as well as repair and maintenance kits for your weapons. Anything else?" Vex asks while pretending to take notes on her note pad. Telling her to say hello to Nita for him, Caleb hangs up and several minutes later a crate is beamed near him.

Rearmed and restocked, the magus makes his way inside and to the security room. Together with the Director, Head of Security, and Chief Physician, they begin to review the footage of the incident. Fast forwarding to about three forty six last night, the camera feed begins to become distorted. Eventually the footage returns to normal but after witnessing the murder, everyone forgets immediately afterwards. Going back to the notes given to him, Caleb is unable to find anything to help on the species list. With the security footage being a bust, the investigator decides it is best to interview the various inhabitants of the ward. Spending the next eighteen hours questioning potential witnesses, Mr. Fleetfoot grows tired as he gains no leads. Feeling like there could still be use from the footage, Caleb is granted a copy of it before deciding to head back to his hotel. First kissing Sona's inert form good night, the freelancer leaves for the night.

After another day of failed interviews, Caleb notices some writing on a male nurse's arm as they pass by. When he asks them why they have names written in marker on their arms, the lizardfolk mentions that they recently had several Silence admitted. As he is the only one to know about them except the Director, the lizardfolk leads the investigator to their room. Peering into the room via the reinforced door's food slot, Caleb only notices one of the creatures waving to him before he writes notes about them on his own arm. After he forgets, the magus then sees his notes and begins inspecting the door. Seeing no forms of damage on it, Caleb quickly rewatches the footage and afterwards confirms with more notes that the Silence were there. While he leaves to submit his evidence to the local police, Ife catches his attention by banging on her door.

"Hey there blue, heard you might get discharged soon. Look I know you wanna hang out right now but I have to go submit my evidence. I think the Director might be behind this killing and I need to… is that a mace behind your dresser? Did Khatar plant it here to try and frame you?" Caleb asks the Eternal before she nods yes. Checking the hallway for observers, the investigator opens her room, carefully takes the weapons, and beckons her to follow him.

Feeling the need to get Ife to the police, the investigator leaves his motorcycle's engine running and before going back for Sona. Rushing back to the entrance, he isn't surprised to see the Director standing there but is shocked to see him holding Sona.

"Khatar, don't make this worse for yourself and give me Sona. Do it and the police might have something to arrest." Caleb growls out at the man holding his partner hostage. Throwing the slime into the air, Khatar takes advantage of Caleb's protective instinct and tackles him.

Watching Sona bounce on the ground before rolling across the front lawn, Caleb pushes the elf off him and rushes to grab her. Picking her up, the investigator attempts to reach his motorcycle before a rock hits him in the temple. Stumbling for a bit, Fleetfoot is soon tackled again as the slime lands near Ife. Dragging the young man towards the fountain, Khatar begins to drown him. Surprised by the elf's strength, Caleb is unable to go Spectral and he starts to feel his consciousness fading. Hoping he at least bought time for Ife and Sona to escape, the magus soon feels the weight above him being lifted. Coughing and sputtering, the mercenary sees the Eternalized patient dragging his assailant towards the hospital limits. Reaching out his hand to stop her, all Caleb can do is watch as his friend crosses the warding threshold. Due to the nature of her resurrection, the mineral-covered skeleton drains the life essence out of Khatar at the cost of her own being. Going to his friend's corpse, the freelancer sees the hospital's director is still alive but greatly weakened. Picking up Ife, Caleb hears a squelching sound coming from behind him and notices Sona's form awakening.

Taking a day to wrap up the case, Caleb is able to uncover the remaining details of the case. As it would happen, Khatar was a lich using the hospital as a phylactery and taking the souls of dead patients. He was also planning to auction off several patients from the rehabilitation ward when the victim overheard him. Before they could leave to tell anyone though the Director caught them. Analysis of the body puts the date of this incident at over a month ago. Afterwards it was only after a series of coincidences that Khatar chose to act the way he did. Having an Eternalized admitted, the wards to give him an alibi, and the F. M. I. E. duo arriving were just what he needed for his cover up plan. Tapering with the footage to include images of the Silence, he then planted a weapon in Ife's room hoping the police would find it when they were called in. The bastard even figured he could pin some of the blame on Caleb somehow. His plan went out the window however, as Ife got the magus' attention and the rest devolved into the attack last night. Submitting his findings to the police, Fleetfoot and Buvelle quickly leave town after securing a boat ride to their next job. As the shore draws further away, Caleb pulls his partner closer and the two embrace as he begins to cry over his lost friend.

XxxX

A/N This chapter felt unusually taxing for some reason, maybe it was a lot of the darker stuff and it focused on champions that have much too them. Like I'm pretty sure I've had Samira featured more than a lot of official Riot stuff but whatever. I'd also like to have a shout out to all the people who've followed, favorited, commented, and shown me support as it gets me to the next chapter. As always requests are open, fan art of OC's is appreciated and has a chance to be featured on covers or in stories, do please vote in the OC polls so I can see what to add to the Gaming Manual, and have a nice day. Thank you.

Chapter 12: REaction

Chapter Text

A/N Welcome, welcome, welcome, thank you for reading this latest chapter of REbooted. Please feel free to vote in the polls for which of the OC’s are your favorites. We actually got a vote recently that made me laugh as it was after Renata’s kit was announced and it was for Caleb. I’m guessing someone wants his ult injected into their veins after too many Akshans. I hope since this is the first time we see them that I did Dullahan’s design well. Speaking of designs please do check out the REbooted Gaming Manual for updates. Now that’s enough from me so do enjoy this chapter I’ve made for you all.

Starring: Caleb, Riven, Dullahan, Nidalee, Caitlyn, Vi, Metto and Layka, Taliyah, Koblinoids Squadron, San, Kai’sa, Conflation Lux, Conflation Sona, Conflation Riven, Conflation Draven, and Conflation Nita. Cameos from Cathy, Dahn, Aki, Kassadin, Rek’sai, and Conflation Twitch.

XxxX

After taking Vex to an arcade yesterday, Caleb checks his schedule and smiles since today he is going to spend time with Riven. Teleporting directly into her cell underneath the arena, he can hear the crowd cheering above before the Exile is brought to her cell. Seeing the Hooded waiting there, the guards quickly release Riven of her binds and briskly march away. Pulling his lover into a hug and a quick kiss, Caleb uses his Coercion ability to create a ball. Taking seats on opposite sides of the cell, the pair play a game of catch while the Coalition champion gives her an update on the outside world.

“Your dad says hi and he hopes you’re not hurt. He also managed to break past the fever he had last week so that’s nice. San is going to Xolan to see a carving she’s been funding the restoration of for the past twenty years. She heard the Voidbournes were getting restless in the area near it and wanted to check it out.” Caleb informs Riven before bouncing the ball off the cell bars towards her. Not even looking, his battle bond catches the makeshift toy without even stretching her arm out.

“I thought you hated iconography and wanted to get rid of stuff like that?” Riven asks Caleb while genuinely confused. Especially since she knows a strategy the Coalition employs is the destruction of such icons in order to weaken certain enemies.

“Xolaani seems cool from what I’ve been told about her. I mean being a pacifist, healer, and empath aren’t exactly traits I’m going to tell others to look down on. Plus San would probably find some other way to support her old friend and mistress. Nothing wrong with wanting to remember your old friends who aren’t around anymore. Speaking of friends, we found and are monitoring Amumu.” The Hooded tells his partner before using a Coercion line to catch the next throw. Using the same line he quickly extends it to fling himself next to Riven.

“That’s good to hear; especially because I know you have a soft spot for children. But how are you guys going to help him?” The Exile inquires of her lover. From what she knows of the mummy child, Riven is finding a hard way to help him with as little contact as possible.

“Well I suppose finding his old tomb or any other information would be a good start. After that I might be the best equipped to handle it thanks to the Dullahan. I mean if Amumu rots away whatever he touches with a magical curse then a part of me being able to drain magic and vital energies should be a good match.” Caleb notes before he begins to radiate an aura of sadness. Feeling his mood dropping, the veteran swordswoman recalls when she first met the Hooded.

XxxX

Ionia ten years earlier

Sergeant Riven along with her squad sisters, Marit, Teneff, and Arrel, were on a scouting mission when they noticed something off. Fury Company was supposed to be attempting to take the river town of Khenlenran, a naturally fortified village surrounded by walls of trees and a river, but as they approach they hear nothing. Worried they might be walking into a trap, the warrior women leave their mounts behind and advance on foot towards their objective. It doesn’t take long before they begin to smell a strong mix of ash, decaying flesh, and sulfur. Such a powerful smell is on the wind that Marit loses focus long enough for her foot to plunge into a hole. Helping their sister free herself, the squad is soon confused as the hole appears to be filled with ashes. Initially brushing it off as some strange Ionian ritual, the four troops continue with their mission only to find the town already in ruins. As the sun is rising, Riven and her sisters note how the river has turned into an onyx mineral. Even stranger is how despite the alien material being stationary it is still spreading downstream. Tentatively stepping on the dark stone, the Fury Company scouts are able to enter the city via a slowly expanding hole in the tree wall. Once through the ash lined tunnel, they find the drawbridge over the former river and lower it for the soon arriving reinforcements. Wondering what happened here, the Furies spread out among the recently burned buildings to search for evidence. While heading towards the village square, the white haired girl begins to find a growing trail of corpses. Eventually she arrives at the center of town where a massive pile of corpses awaites; each in various states of breaking down into ash. Holding back her disgust, the sergeant approaches the mass grave to inspect the bodies. Drawing her runic blade from her back, Riven begins to sift through the remains when she sees some movement among them. Expecting a grateful survivor, the teen is barely able to avoid a decapitating strike when a figure bursts from the pile with two blades at the ready. Letting her instincts take over, the Noxian is barely able to parry the strikes with her blade and push her new enemy away.

Assessing her foe, Riven takes note of their pair of onyx curved blades which are now attached via the hilts to make a double sided sword. With his weapon taken into account, the soldier begins to look for gaps in his gray skeletal themed plate armor but doesn’t find much. As he charges her, the sergeant is able to catch a glimpse of the cape of white ashes flowing down his back. Other strange accessories she can see include a ring of broken floating behind his head and a metallic collar covered in runes. What confuses her the most though is as he gets closer, Riven can only see a boy with bloodshot amber eyes and a face that is tired, hurt, and scared.

“You’re not my enemy are you? Do you have a name? Mine is Riven of Fury Company.” The teen girl inquires about her counterpart before sheathing her blade. Showing her armor’s Noxian insignia, Riven can do nothing as she watches the boy fall to his knees with tears falling from his eyes.

“Please let me die. I don’t get it. I kept killing them but more kept running to fight me. Eventually I got buried in the bodies and decided to wait for more to come. Why would they make me do that? Is it because they wanted to die?” He mumbles in a haze of madness while rocking back and forth. When she tries to get closer to him to hear him better though, the boy tackles her down and forces her to look him in the eyes before begging for death again.

“It’s okay. It’s gonna be okay. There aren’t any more people in this village, you won. Just promise me you won’t hurt yourself. Even though we’ve just met I don’t want you to hurt yourself and I think you could use a friend. Please tell me your name.” Riven calmly instructs the shaking young man who is around her age. Seeing her feelings are genuine, the Myth straightens up while still straddling the slightly taller girl.

“Dullahan or at least that’s the name my handlers gave me. If I’m this much of a mess I hope my brother and sister are handling themselves better. We recently lost our other brother and I suppose it helped me suffer a temporary breakdown. Truthfully I do not wish to end myself. After all, if I were to die then it would mean that the deaths that came before me were for nothing; but I will promise you this nevertheless.” The battle-worn spirit cooly tells the girl before rolling over to his side. With his exhaustion from fighting nonstop last night catching up to him, the Myth is reminded that even he can grow tired with enough fighting despite being molded for war.

“That’s honorable in a way. I noticed you had a collar on, I’m guessing that makes you a slave. When this war is over, if we both survive, I’ll free you from your masters and show you life on the outside.” Riven tells her new comrade while feeling her now sore neck. It’s only after he has already let go of her that the Sergeant notices the absence of his fingers.

“Very well Riven of Fury Company. In exchange for me not seeking death, you will show me the world after this war.” Dullahan capitulates to his fellow child soldier before her squad finds them. Approaching him with their weapons drawn, Riven is quick to get up and tell her sisters to stand down.

“He’s on our side. Everyone, this is Dullahan, they were the one who cleared out this village. We should probably hurry back to the main force and tell them to advance. We also just made a promise to each other.” The white haired girl informs her sister warriors. Later on she would learn from them that they could only see the Myth’s helmet; a skull with stag-like horns made of withered branches and hollow eyes with drops of dark blue for pupils.

XxxX

Back in the present

“We were so naive back then weren’t we Caleb. Also look at us now, I’m the prisoner and you’re the soldier. It’s kind of funny wouldn’t you say?” Riven jokes to the Hooded while taking his left hand in her right. Looping his arm so she is pulled into him, Caleb smiles a bit at her bad humor.

“Don’t worry, one day we’ll both be free. Plus if it weren’t for those promises to Dullahan we might not have made it through the war. Besides, even if I wasn't in control of myself when we first met it doesn’t change that I love you Riven; here and now.” Caleb confesses to her before she does the same. The Exile also knows that what he said is true and when the time comes her battle bond will want her at his side; something she wouldn’t have any other way.

XxxX

Teleporting to his manor, Caleb considers turning in early when he finds Nidalee in her cougar form sleeping in his bed. Sitting on the edge of the bed, the Hooded then begins to slowly stroke his overgrown kitty’s head. Feeling his comforting touch soon rouses the huntress from her slumber and she transforms into her human form.

“Mmm what time is it mate? I put some thought into it and I know you’ve been wanting to try and show me outside of the jungle. So I was hoping we could make a “date” out of it.” Nidalee asks of her life partner while rubbing her cheek affectionately against his own. Snapping his fingers, the Hooded summons several invisible servants who begin taking the shapeshifter’s measurements.

“I’ve waited so long for this day, well considering the timing we have a few options dear. We could get dinner at a restaurant in Piltover, see some stars in Ionia, go for a hike in Demacia, or we can even go sledding in the Freljord.” Caleb enthusiastically lists off all the options they currently have. While Nidalee muses over her options, the servants finish up their measurements and go to retrieve various materials.

“I think I’d like to see what a restaurant is like. Plus I’m feeling hungry after my little cat nap.” Nidalee tells Caleb before sticking her tongue out after her pun. Briefly glaring at her for that joke, the Hooded then lightly chops her on the head.

“Are you sure about that love? Piltover is quite a change from the jungles. I mean, sure I listed it and want to try and get you out of the jungle every now and then but…” Caleb is unable to finish before she puts a finger over his lips. As the servants return, it is the huntress who tells them her choice of location and they get to work making her an outfit.

“As long as we’re together I can handle it. Worst case, I hold onto you the whole time and let you do the talking. Now come on, let’s have fun. The pack is asleep and Gnar is being watched by Dahn.” She confidently tells her partner before the servants begin to change her clothes. With their work done, Nidalee now stands before Caleb dressed for a night in the city.

Seeing her standing before him in dark wide leg pants, a verdant green dress shirt rolled up to her elbows, sneakers, and her hair done up in a socialite ponytail; Caleb’s own confidence rises. Swapping his own dress shirt to Hextech Violet from Noxian Crimson, the pair then teleport to the City of Progress.

XxxX
Arriving at the Mainspring Crescent district of Piltover, Nidalee is stunned by the amount of people all around her. As Caleb goes to get them some pretzels, the Huntress walks over to a nearby railing and takes in the sight of the bay below them. Seeing his partner bending over the safety railing, the Perfect Host almost drops their food running next to her. Feeling a slight tug on her shirt, Nidalee pulls herself back and takes her share of the goodies.

“You didn’t have to put a Coercion line on me dear, hahaha it reminds me of a mother cat and her kittens. This is a nice view. It reminds me of when the pack migrates east and we see the ocean there; a lot less ships and people though.” Nidalee muses while gnawing away at her snack. Even though she might not seem like it to those around her, Caleb can see Nidalee jittering slightly and puts his hand over hers.

“It’s good to use a bit of association when you're in an foreign place but you don’t have to push yourself. If you ever feel like going back home just tell me. So did you have an idea of what you wanted to eat?” The Hooded asks the Bestial Huntress before noticing the Hex Gates have been destroyed. Knowing his adoptive cousin will no doubt accuse him for the act, the Perfect Host begins to keep an eye out for wardens.

“I was thinking about something with fish. You’ll have to order for me though mate since I don’t know Piltovan.” The older woman confesses to her younger partner. Kissing his feral kitten on the forehead, Caleb tells her that she has already learned so much in their time together.

Eventually the pair arrive at a restaurant with an outside venue overlooking the bay. Taking their seats, Nidalee orders a tilapia with sides of risotto and jasmine rice while Caleb orders salmon with sides of red potatoes and sesame rice. As they begin to wait for their food, the Hooded takes this chance to show the Bestial Huntress some of the basics of Piltovan.

“So this letter sounds like this is one in common. Now if you combine it with that symbol like you’re already doing then you get tilapia.” The Hooded instructs his lover while she writes on a notepad he brought. Seeing the smile on her face, Caleb gets reminded of why he enjoys teaching and helping others.

“I see. Hmm I know you like to describe me as an exotic beauty and I’m older than you but you’re so much more… umm what’s the word I’m looking for? When you are experienced and know things.” Nidalee asks while she struggles to finish her sentence.

“Are you thinking of the word worldly dear? Nid, no one can blame you for not knowing certain things considering your upbringing. You had the pack to take care of and pretty much most of the jungle seemingly. Besides, you probably know some things that I don’t.” Caleb adds to cheer up his partner before the pair go back to their lesson. They become so absorbed in the lessons that they miss when it becomes dark outside. Eventually their teachings are interrupted when the Hooded feels a tapping on his shoulder. “Oh it seems the food is, oh fuck me. Hello cousin Caitlyn. Hey Vi.”

“Cousin Hooded, would you like to explain to us why the Hex Gates are in ruins?” Caitlyn asks her adopted family member with barely concealed anger; Vi greets him with a simple “Sup”. Feeling the aura of seriousness and hostility towards him, Caleb decides to take the sheriff a bit more seriously than usual.

“No I don’t. I only appeared in Zaun yesterday for personal reasons and before that I wasn’t in the city for two weeks. Put simply, I couldn't have been here for it’s destruction. Whenever the Hell that happened.” The Hooded calmly explains to the pair of wardens. Briefly looking around, Caleb hopes that the food gets here soon so his hands can be busy while he is interrogated. “Why would you think it’s me anyways?”

“If not you then it would have to be one of your associates. As for the why, because all of the scientists involved with the gate were found executed and it was professionally done. So which of you did it? I know your group likes to travel around on so-called “missions”. Ma’am do you know anything?” Caitlyn continues to press the Hooded before noticing Nidalee. Seeing the Bestial Huntress going into a defensive mode, Caleb takes her hand into his own and begins to caress it.

“She’s not a part of this Caitlyn. As for my fellow Coalitionists, none of them have had missions or a reason to attack the Hex Gates. The closest might be Cathy but she wouldn’t do anything of that scale unless I requested it of her. Look, our food is here and you’ve so far managed to ruin our date. I would appreciate it if you’d stop before it evolves into our night. Nidalee I’m sorry your first time to Piltover is like this.” Caleb tells her before she takes her turn to caress his hands to calm him down. Realizing what he said is true and having no reason to doubt the Hooded, Caitlyn mentally checks him off her list of suspects.

“Sorry about that Hooded. This has been a bit of a rough case for Cupcake and she saw you enter here. I guess she thought maybe you would have known something. Come on Cait, you said you have reservations somewhere for us.” Vi comments to try and lighten the mode. This attempt fails though as the waiter for the foreigner’s table notices Piltover’s Finest who are then guided to their own table; right next to Caleb and Nidalee’s.

“Cheer up mate, our date isn’t ruined. After all, the food is still good and we still have the rest of the night to make up for it.” Nidalee tells Caleb with a mouth full of food. This causes the Hooded to actually laugh at himself for being ridiculous and the other guests’ reaction to Nidalee’s poor manners.

“Hahahahaha, you’re right dear. Let’s hurry up and finish here, we might be able to catch a theater performance at the Drawsmith Arcade and still have time to pick up some Reveck figurines before then.” Caleb plans out loud while gauging Nidalee’s approval. Seeing no displeasure from the exotic beauty, he is glad she is handling this all better than him. The Hooded is also glad Gnar hasn’t caused any problems at home since no one is calling him. Especially since the last thing he needs is a monster fight in the buffet hall.
XxxX

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, Hooded you gotta come to Shurima quick! San just lost her shit and jumped into a hole and you gotta get here fast!” Metto desperately shouts over her communicator at Caleb. The Hooded can only sigh before reforming his clothes since he and Nidalee were sharing a breakfast in bed together.

“Alright Metto I’ll be there soon. Welp Nidalee the kids need me, make sure Gnar doesn’t just eat sweets for breakfast and he reads The Giving Ivern while I’m gone. Well I’m off dear.” Caleb announces before chugging down a glass of orange juice and teleporting. Already starting to miss her mate, Nidalee finishes her steak and eggs before picking up a green book from the Hooded’s shelf.
XxxX

Arriving at Xolan, Caleb is somewhat surprised to find Taliyah and a group of refugees amongst a decimated village. Even more surprising is the sight of the cliff being destroyed and a massive, crudely covered hole near the center of town. Summoning the other Sleipnirs, save for Aki, to perform extraction, the Hooded finds Taliyah and Layka approaching him. Between Taliyah’s retelling of recent events and the destruction around him, Caleb is able to easily see why San performed such a reckless act.

“Hooded, San is strong but she hasn’t returned in over a day. We figured with your experience at handling Void related matters you could find her.” Layka suggests to Caleb before transitioning to Metto. As the Wind Shepherd goes to help Cathy and Dahn with relocating the refugees, five underground mounds approach the champions.

“We heard everything and… woah hold your fire guys it’s just us. Anyways, we followed the Sleipnirs and overheard what happened. Also it turns out sand is kind of a pain to dig in.” Captain Traeh announces after Taliyah threw a chunk of rock at the Koblinoids. Knowing they can be of help underground, the Perfect Host allows the diminutive creatures to follow him in his search.

Working together, the Koblinoids begin to melt and dig new tunnels while Caleb fends off any Void beasts that try to stop them. While he is in the middle of tearing out the glowing blue tongue of an angler gaunt, the dragonkins cease their digging to immediately turn left. Apparently they felt the presence of a hidden magma chamber and have decided to go around it. The quintuplets make sure to remember where it is though for the sake of keeping the current network of tunnels stable.

“Dig dig, dig dig a tunnel. When you’re done digging a tunnel, you did another mofoing tunnel. Wait, did you all hear that?” Yings asks the party as her siblings stop singing to listen more closely. Feeling the vibrations of the surrounding earth, the Coalitionists begin making their way towards the source.

Arriving at a massive cavern, the search party finds the entire floor of the voidborne den soaked in alien blood. At the center is a dunebreaker variant currently violently seizing as dozens of other void beasts scramble out of it’s way. Suddenly erupting from the monster’s back are two clawed hands made of it’s own dark purple blood. Currently ripping her way out of the fresh corpse is an irate San who turns to the now fleeing creatures.

“Cowards! Come back! Come to me! Die in blood and fear! I am San Xolaniah and I will cast your drained carcasses back to the eldritch hellscape from whence you came! Rahhhhhhh!” San screams as a challenge to the now emptied den. Feeling the presence of non-Void blood, the blood mage quickly turns to see the Hooded and Koblinoids approaching.

“Easy San. Everyone is worried about you because of how you ran off; you wanna talk about it?” Caleb asks of his companion, even if he has an idea as to why.

“Because… because of a bunch of things, okay! I felt bad for those stonemasons losing their life’s work as well as their lives. The fact it was an icon of Xolaani triggered my life bearer instincts. Also just feth these things, why do they have to destroy everything they come across? I mean why do the Watchers even need animal monsters when they can make intelligent ones?” San rants to her friends and begins to calm down. Realizing where she ended up during her bloodlust, the hemomancer cleans herself of the various fluids covering her as the corpses begin to dissolve.

“You’re a caring and sensitive soul San. I’m sure that is part of why Xolaani deemed you worthy of hemomancy and definitely why Alexandra wanted to be friends with you. It’s also why we need you back at the Coalition.” Caleb tells his friend before helping her off of the dunebreaker’s body. She is soon then glomped by the entire Koblinoid team, something San smiles about while petting them each.

“We’re here for your lady San. But the dance of cheering you up will have to wait until later, for now it seems that the creatures from below have accepted your challenge.” Traeh informs the two Coalition champions before an idea goes off in Iris’ head.

As the Void monstrosities attempt to reclaim their den, the swarm quickly finds that it is now empty. With the screaming death gone, the beasts begin to relax before an explosion goes off nearby. A tide of heat is the first and only warning the entities get before a wave of magma rushes into the den; courtesy of the Koblinoids opening the nearby magma chamber.

Teleporting back to Xolan, the search party finds the refugees being fed and given water. Soon after Aki arrives with a black eye and begins to open a portal for them. Noticing the party’s return, Taliyah approaches them to ask them an important question.

“It’s good to see you all made it back. I do have to ask though, did you see Kai’sa down there? Maybe some evidence she’s alright?” Taliyah inquires of the Coalitionists who tell her they didn’t. Feeling down that her friend might still be in trouble at best, San and the Hooded assure her that if they could last down there then Kai’sa is fine.
XxxX

Meanwhile miles away, the Daughter of the Void finds herself at a dead end. Taking a moment to try and regenerate, she is forced to clench her still. bleeding side. Hearing a loud clicking noise close by, Kai’sa does a run of her bodies’ weapons which are working except one of her now missing “wings”. Knowing she has bought Taliyah’s caravan more than enough time to escape, the Void huntress prepares to make a last stand. When the Queen of the Sai prepares to overwhelm her prey however a flash of purple appears before disappearing soon after. Failing to hear the familiar crunching of bones after she pounces around the corner, Rek’sai lets out a roar before stalking the area for her now missing prey.

“Where am I? Who are you?” Kai’sa asks of her savior, a man with a glowing blade on his arm and a strange suit of his own design. The stranger then only gives her a quick look over before the pair share a look and he disappears in another flash of purple light. “Father?”
XxxX

Conflation episode 7

Standing outside of an average suburban home, Caleb and a law mage currently engaged in a battle of wills. While the F. M. I. E. co-founder is doing all he can to avoid being ripped apart by chains of light, his opponent is trying to keep his self proclaimed “doctrine of immunity” in front of him. As long as this piece of paper is intact nothing besides it can touch the magistrate; especially not a spear of dark magic Caleb is trying to have fly into him. Before long the contest reaches it’s apex and Caleb gets a feeling in the back of his head. Quickly ducking down, the magus is able to avoid a sniper round passing over him. This round is a special one infused with petricite and upon hitting the doctrine tears off a piece of it. Bypassing his magic’s rules, the bullet is able to drag the document with it before piercing Hieromancer Stephen Dimaggio’s head. Despite being shot in the head, the representative of the Courts of Discipline and Order is still alive long enough to be finished by Caleb’s spear. With the target down, Caleb checks his phone and finds that the Chaotic state of Bordonia have sent him and Sona their payment; two rites of passage to get off world. Texting his partner, who is two miles away on top of a pharmacy building, of their success, Sona quickly puts down her sniper rifle and picks up their bags. In the short time the F. M. I. E. duo have been here they have learned that while the locals might be difficult to work with, they are reliable.Especially when it comes to people traveling off world with no background checks or questions asked; they also performed an oddly charming musical number to convince the pair to kill the recently arrived hieromancer.

“Alright let’s see we’ve got a ride on a ship called the Ishimura. What the fuck? Isn’t that like one of the most cursed ship names ever. Guess we aren’t leaving our room for the entire trip. Plus if it gets really bad I suppose we’ve always got this.” Caleb notes while feeling the silvery hourglass that is Project Survivor’s Guilt in his pocket. An artifact designed by the magus himself, it is a powerful device capable of reversing time and allowing those not present at an event to change it as though they were there.

A week of space travel later, the F. M. I. E. duo arrived at the moon of Nuewei, a military colony and customs port, unharmed. Unharmed but not untested since the ship managed to find a way to become infested with necromorphs as per it’s namesake. Despite most of the ship becoming infested, Caleb and Sona are able to turn back the clock and clear out the ship. While Sona is struggling to get out of the ship due to her greatly increased mass, Caleb realizes they could use more legitimate documents from here on out. Telling his partner to take her time and go on her own adventure, the magus heads towards the local police station to get their paperwork in order. Watching her partner walk away, Sona waves to him goodbye with one of her pseudopods and gets to work on digesting all of the necrotic flesh within.
Eventually arriving at a skyscraper, the magus first notices that each floor has shutters covering all of the windows. Thinking at first it might be due to some nighttime security protocols, that idea is quickly shattered when he hears gunshots inside. Noticing the front door is going into lock down, the freelancer makes a split second decision and manages to phase his way inside.

“Oh god damn it why would this place have an anti magic barrier! Well actually now that I said it out loud if they ever needed to detain any mages wait are those zombies?” Fleetfoot thinks out loud while several living corpses start to shamble towards him. Quickly throwing one of the undead to the floor and stomping on it’s head, Caleb then removes the pistol from it’s body and opens fire on his remaining enemies.

For the next few hours, despite the police and others engaged with various undead and mutants across the station, Caleb is still sent on a bureaucratic nightmare. Charging through the twelfth floor with his shotgun ablazing, he finds his way into an office where an officer is currently using an automatic pistol to put down one of their zombified coworkers.

“Excuse me, I heard this is where I can get my 52-A stamped. Are you the person I need to go through to get it or is there someone else?” Caleb asks the desk worker behind a bullet proof barrier. At that time several zombified dogs enter the room but a well tossed grenade deals with them quickly.

“Do you have a 33-C? You need to have a 33-C sir. [ Well where can I get that from because I only have a 67-D? ] You can get it on the ground floor but the room might be locked so you’ll have to go into the boiler room. There you’ll have to arrange a three dimensional chess board to get the power back on.” The brunette woman with glasses flatly answers the citizen before he leaves. Realizing she might have to check out early and escape herself, the officer goes to find the forms for it as well as the 52-A stamp.

Clearing his way back to the main elevators, the magus prepares to head to the ground floor when a young woman’s voice asks him to hold the doors. Shooting a few suppressing rounds with his pistol, Caleb holds the elevator open long enough for the blonde to enter. Dressed in a battle-ready red, black, and silver environmental suit fused with a suit and tie, the freelancer can tell she is a Durand student. From the lone silver ribbon on her left arm he knows she is in her first year. Meanwhile the golden badge over her left breast, showcasing a pair of swords in a cross, means she is in the mercenary and support courses.

“Thanks. Phew, I don’t think I’m meant for running around like this. Seriously, physical education sucks. Oh wait how rude of me, my name is Lux and it’s a pleasure to meet you.” The Durand Student says before holding her hand out. Shaking it, Caleb is reminded of his own classes and isn’t surprised one involves a zombie outbreak.

“Caleb Fleetfoot. Yeah it does but you’ll get used to it. On a related note, what is your mission here?” The Durand Graduate inquires before flashing his own badge; one that is iridescent but with the mark of the mercenary and economics courses via a scale weighed with ammunition and coins.

“Oh wow it’s an honor, umm sir. I was told to plant an explosive in the basement to level this building. Also apparently the person responsible behind this attack is attempting to evacuate via the roof. I was probably going to make my way there afterwards and kill him or something.” Lux informs her senior before revealing the explosive device she took from the evidence room. While helping her set the timer on the way down, Caleb tells her to wait for him to get to the roof before she engages the target.

After one hour of solving several underwater puzzles, setting up a three dimensional chess board, getting his 33-C, and using a crane to help Lux set the bomb, Caleb finally goes back to get his 52-A stamped. Expecting to have to perform more bureaucratic madness, he is pleasantly surprised to see the officer from earlier left the stamp for him. With F. M. I. E’s travel papers in order, the freelancer detonates his own explosives to disable the building’s anti-magic field generators. Feeling his powers slowly returning to him, Fleetfoot teleports his way to the top floor which is infested with undead mutants. Not feeling a need to fight them anymore, the magus simply transforms into his Dark Self and moves along the ceiling. Eventually arriving on the roof of the police station, Caleb spots a distortion of light moving near the helicopter preparing to take off.

“Fuck you pigs! This is what you get for not giving me that permit for my genetically engineered cow farm.” An irate man shouts before stepping into his getaway vehicle. As Lux drops her invisibility to try and take him down with a Final Spark though out of nowhere a fighter jet aerial rams the chopper and explodes.

“What the fuck just hap… oh hey Sona. Good news I got our papers sorted and I even found a cheap personal ship for us to use.” Caleb informs his partner who flails her arms above her head in joy. The magus also notes how her current form is a mix of her two; retaining her human appearance while clearly being abnormal with crimson skin and white hair. “Okay I’m gonna be straight dear, this new look does wonders for me since it’s a mix between both of your other looks. Come on Sona, let’s get out of here before this building explodes and keep looking for our new home. See ya later Lux.”

With that goodbye, the Durand student disappears in a flash of light as the F. M. I. E. duo teleport to the street below to continue with their goal of finding a place to call home.
XxxX

Conflation episode 8

Temporarily settling on the temperate planet of Emiea, a world with such humidity that the sky is purple, Caleb and Sona begin to run several odd jobs out of a cheap apartment. On one such job the magus is helping an elderly woman figure out what is causing noise underneath her porch. Deciding it would be better to head into the basement and look through a window, the freelancer begins to discuss pricing.

“I’ll be honest when I say that the cost might depend on what I find. I mean it could be raccoons, opossums, a false hydra, or some other monster slash animal.” Fleetfoot notes off while trying to pry open a window. Given instructions not to harm the mystery creature if it’s harmless, the old lady goes back upstairs for her own safety.

“You should stop now human, if you don’t then I will slit your throat.” A woman’s voice declares to Caleb when he finally opens the window. Unable to see anything and not wanting to use night vision, Caleb summons a miniature sun. “No! Not sunlight!”

“Yeah! Suck it you vampiric child? No that’s not right because you should be burning right now or at least getting a tan. What’s your name kiddo, maybe?” Fleetfoot asks the small pale girl wearing rags. Helping her crawl into the basement, he sets her down and turns on a nearby light before extinguishing his miniature sun.

“What just happened… you. Don’t forget I gave you a chance, now die!” The now grown shadowy woman shouts before summoning a massive jagged sword. Before she can even take a swing however, Caleb summons his small sun again and she reverts back into a child again.

Unfamiliar with such a creature, he enchants the sun to hover over the girl’s head before they leave together. As the old woman asks him what his cost will be, Caleb is so fascinated with the mysterious girl he tells her the job is free. On the drive back to the apartment he learns that the girl’s name is Riven and that she has no place to call home. Feeling bad for the mysterious creature, the magus stops to buy her a light blue peasant dress and cheeseburgers for lunch before going to see Sona. When they arrive back at F. M. I. E’s temporary stay, Sona has just finished cleaning the place; she did this via her slime form undulating around and absorbing the place clean.

“Hello dear, this little lady with me is named Riven. She’ll be staying with us for the unforeseen future. Now I’m going to need you to watch over her for a little bit since I’ll be going to Durand. Gonna see if they have any information on what she is. By the way, if that sun somehow goes out before I’m back, just put her into some sunlight. See ya later.” Caleb announces before pulling out his iridescent badge. Focusing on the trinket, he finds himself teleported in front of Durand Hirelings University.

With over thirty thousand acres of learning space spread across a pocket dimension, along with various buildings that house their own miniature worlds for learning, Durand prides itself on making the best freelancers and guns for hire across the Conflation multiverse. While walking towards the library, Caleb sees students of all manner of species racing to their classes and remembers more of his time here. From observing the end of the thousand year war between the gray aliens and the spiders, to being turned into living soup in order to be remade for a science project, imprisoning an eldritch god as an art project, getting black out drunk at a party and waking up with an arachne, and his finals test where they went on an expedition to nuclear devastated city.
XxxX

Two years earlier

Amidst the blasted remains of the metropolis formerly known as Ganta, hundreds of Durand students are wearing their armored environment suits and scanning the now abandoned city. With it being the last day of the expedition, the students decide to delve into the network of tunnels under the city. Making their way towards the ground zero site, the expeditionary force’s geiger counters and motion sensors begin to go crazy. It doesn’t take too long after for the students to become engaged with hostile mutated creatures. From undead ghouls to living shadows to various oozing animals, the hirelings in training fend off these enemies while collecting samples and artifacts. Near the back of the Durand forces is Caleb who currently is helping to guard the supply train as they travel deeper into the caverns. Suddenly a woman in robes phases into existence next to him before taking a look around. Any Durand students nearby quickling take note of the visitor and salute them; Headmistress Nita has arrived.

“Mr. Fleetfoot, how are you doing today? Do you have any plans for after this test if you survive? Also please walk with me, I’d like to see how everyone is doing and add them to my calculations.” Nita requests of her student before she begins walking towards the front of the expedition. Knowing better than to go against the powerful woman’s suggestions, Caleb reloads his bolter before jogging to catch up to her.

“I’m doing fine ma’am. To be honest I’m not really sure what I wanna do after Durand. I’ve got a major in mercenary work and a minor in administration but… I feel like I’m at a disadvantage. Like without magic how can I compete against others?” The rank fifty fourth student confesses before slowing down to walk side by side with Nita. As if to hammer home his point, a nearby pyromancer clears a room with a single spell while Caleb would have needed explosives.

“Pumpkin tell me what rank you are again. [ Fifty fourth ma’am. ] Think about that, out of the hundreds of students here you managed to get a high rank without magic. You’re even about to prove why you gained that status in a bit if my math is right.” Nita confidently declares before pointing to where he needs to go. Saluting the Durand leader, Caleb runs ahead to see what she means.

Currently leading a squad of four is a black furred rat-folk named Twitch, the group of friends have managed to locate a way deeper into the ruins. Deciding to charge ahead and claim anything inside for themselves, the fiftieth ranked student dissolves the wall of webs blocking a set of automated doors. Thanks to the University powering the area, the ancient doorway opens and the team enters a decontamination chamber. Once the doors behind them close and a timer runs out, Twitch’s team is free to roam ahead. Coming into a circular room overlooking a pit, the squad finds most of the floor covered in toxic waste except a cross pathway just above the pool and several large eggs.

Outside of the door, Caleb watches as an arachne by the name of Caralyn runs to the now closed door. Seeing his former fling trying to pry open the sealed doors, the mercenary student runs up to try and help. The commotion the two make in their efforts also manages to attract the attention of others nearby. When more students attempt to aid them, the red headed jumping spider girl explains that her web sense ability detected hidden enemies before Twitch’s team went in. As though to prove her point the sounds of gunfire and other weapons begin going off past the decontamination room. A ping noise then sounds above the doorway and it opens on it’s own with over a dozen Durand students having arrived to help. However due to their various species and sizes they are unable to all fit inside.

“Caralyn, go tell the instructors what’s happening. Anyone who is around my size or smaller will follow me into the decontamination room.” Caleb orders those around him. Quickly recognizing his plan as the best at the moment, the students break off into teams.

Alongside a half orc, merfolk, goblin, rat-folk, and another human, Caleb’s team are processed and enter the death trap to see what they can do for Twitch’s team. Arriving to see the rat and only one of his squad mates still shooting at their enemies, the reinforcement team notes their enemies appear to be large spider and scorpion hybrids. With help having arrived, Twitch and his still moving teammate fall back before both teams open fire on the creatures. They quickly come to realize however that the enemy is proving to be resistant to ballistic weapons before needing to take cover from acidic spit. Quickly scanning the area for the two missing team members, Caleb finds them amidst the toxic waste; still alive but in a melted state from the waist down. Realizing they need to open up an escape route, the rank fifty fourth student looks around some more before finding a doorway sealed with webbing. He manages to shoot his way inside while his comrades hold off the increasing horde of spiders coming down from the ceiling. Caleb ends up discovering a partially melted skeleton slumped over a set of control panels. Pushing the remains to the side, the Durand student disables the decontamination room’s protocols in time for a cool wind to enter the room.

The students engaging the spiders are quickly warned to take cover as several grenades are tossed into the room; only instead of exploding like normally, they instead release a blast of ice magic and special foam to cancel radiation. Entering the room flanked by a dozen students deploying more of the special explosives is Professor Draven. Wearing a set of aviators, the white walker lets out a booming laugh before manifesting two axes made of ice and tossing them up. The cross shaped weapons then soar high into the air before exploding into a blizzard in the next above. While the mutated creatures' frozen corpses are falling and shattering against the ground, the Durand teacher checks the patches on his elbows before raising one hand to catch his spinning weapons. Ignoring the snow falling all around him, Draven notices Caleb leaving the control room before pulling out a notepad from his Durand colored jacket.

“You were the one who opened the doors, right? I think between taking charge in an emergency and your quick thinking a promotion is in order. Hey Support students, can you get these two out of here before they croak; I’m gonna have to tell the Headmistress about what happened just now. Not that she probably needs me to, frigging Laplace’s Demon.” Draven mutters that last part before bumping into the smiling Nita. Before he can even say an excuse or apologize, the flamboyant ice creature sees her tap the air before webs completely cocoon him.

“Careful Draven, after all we didn’t visit these ruins in every timeline. But I do agree with your assessments that Caleb adapted well and Miss Caralyn was an excellent support. Now then, I’d like for the top fifty of the graduating class, from Caleb Fleetfoot to valedictorian Karl Uuntecka to head into the depths of these ruins and defeat Vilemaw. I’ve calculated it is in the pit below, and considering these creatures think themselves worthy of harming Durand alumni, we will show them the might of Durand’s finest.” Nita announces to all of the students in the ruins who cheer on their chosen classmates. Before Caleb can use a grappling hook to enter the lair of the Spider “God” below, Nita phases next to him and puts a hand on his back.

(Back in the present)

Caleb has just found the text he is looking for in the library archives when he feels a hand on his back. Ignoring the familiar touch, he reads the book he found and learns that Riven is an astrayi; an entity created when a magical child grows up experiencing only hardship. Speed reading, he can now confirm his earlier learnings that while in sunlight they can be temporarily reverted into a child-like form. The Magus also learns that the adult self can be influenced while in this state. Coming up with the simple plan of treating the astrayi’s well, he hopes to help Riven’s true form. Checking out the book from the library’s sphinx guardians, Caleb returns to his partner and Riven in what seems like only several seconds to the nonhumans.

XxxX
A/N This chapter feels like it took a bit longer than usual. I suppose the main reason was I wasn’t entirely sure what to write plus I got caught up in a few other things. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed this latest installment of REbooted. We are reaching a personal milestone soon so expect a couple of special chapters. On a related note, thank you all for your support as all the views, comments, reviews, follows, favorites, and the like inspire me to continue entertaining you all. For those not keeping up with the REbooted Gaming Manual, we have updated Caleb, Zhong, and Metto to have numbers as well as a rework for Aki to make him more comboy and proactive. I hope you all have a good time today and that I get to see you all next chapter.

Chapter 13: REverb

Notes:

Claudi Champion spotlight near bottom

Chapter Text

Starring: San, Claudi, Caleb, Rell, Millie (Fanclub President) , Caitlyn, Vi, Leo (Acoustitian) , Seraphine, Scratch (Zaun Diva) , Zeri, Levia, Conflation Caleb, Conflation Riven, and Conflation Sona

Cameo: Sona

XxxX

While walking around his manor, Caleb wonders about what he could do today when his thoughts turn to Rell. While he wasn’t able to convince her of much last they met, his adoptive cousin was willing to concede spending a day with him. Deciding that today will be that day, the Hooded decides that it will also be best to kill two birds with one stone. Teleporting to San’s manor, the man hopes to bring both back up and one of the Coalition’s new champions with him. Following the sound of giggling coming from the hemomancer’s bedroom, he knocks gently before entering to an adorable sight. Wearing a bathrobe, the Hemomancy Healer is trying to clean the fluffy ears of her new cat vastayan protege who can’t stop laughing.

“Claudi dear if you don’t stop giggling then I won’t be able to finish.” San gently scolds her protege before give them a boop to the nose. Letting out a high pitched sneeze, Claudi notices the Hooded and decides to let the blood mage finish before jumping off her lap.

Shimming awake after being so relaxed, the Trap Master feels the silver-gray fir across their body stand on end before rubbing the sleep from their flame point blonde face. Rushing to glomp their newly arrived friend, the Targonian ends up stumbling over their knee length boots. With, fitting enough, cat-like reflexes the Coalition soldier manages to turn their fall into a handstand instead. This display of dexterity is quickly ruined however, when in a moment of realization, the vastayan realizes they are almost panty flashing the Hooded were it not for their calf length skirt’s tail hole keeping it up just enough. Falling over, Claudi isn’t one to let such a silly mistake ruin their mood however and giggles to themself before jumping back up and saluting Caleb.

“Hello sir, how are you doing this morning? { “Good Claudi, good. I was going to spend today with Rell, would you like to join me?” } Oh boy! Sure I will! I’m glad she’s giving you a chance and promise to help as best I can.” Claudi tells the Hooded while jumping for joy. Seeing the vastayan isn’t wearing their gear under their favorite teal rain poncho, Caleb calms them down before telling them to get dressed.

“I suppose Claudi can join you on your adventure today. I was just going to teach them advanced bookkeeping techniques but no go ahead. Leave old San behind for a cuter, younger model.” The ancient woman tells her hooded companion while holding a mock look of disdain.

“You know I’m going to invite you to the concert later. Also I need them in case Rell is using this as a trap to kick my ass or something. I feel better having Claudi around to shield me with their cuteness. { “They do have that effect.” } Besides, I feel like I need to spend a bit more time with some of our newer members. Who knows what I’m going to do with those horn dogs we have as calvary masters once they get their kit together.” Caleb admits before letting out a sigh of disappointment at his own proteges and leaving the hemomancer’s room. Arriving in the foyer, the Hooded sees Claudi struggling to pull up their knee length boots and decides to help them so they can pack up their magical utility belt.

“Thanks a lot sir. So what’s the plan for today?”

“Well dear Claudi, I was planning on taking her to a Seraphine concert and see what happens from there, maybe.” Caleb informs the vastayan who pulls out a brush for their shoulder length hair.

Soon the sound of a small stampede approaches and the Hooded turns to see hundreds of homemade dolls and toys rushing towards their maker. Claudi simply finishes brushing their shiny hair before opening one of their belt’s pouches for the animated toys to enter. Slipping on a pair of leather gloves, the Trap Master pulls up their poncho to show off to the Hooded they are wearing their leather cuirass and chainmail. Seeing that her apprentice is ready to leave, San waves goodbye to the “Eclipse Child” before the Hooded teleports them away and the hemomancer continues on her way to get cookies from her pantry.

CRSN

Appearing on the pathway to the monastery orphanage on Galrin, Caleb and Claudi arrive to see Rell riding at Full Tilt towards them. As the Iron Maiden winds up one of her Shattering Strikes, the Hooded counters it by holding his effeminate companion in front of him like a shield. Preparing to go through the Hooded’s ally, time seems to slow down for the Noxian woman and she sees the feline vastayan’s eyes grow larger as hearts seem to float around them.

“Ah damn it! I can’t do it! Hooded you pussy lord since when do you hide behind cute girls?” Rell shouts at the man before dismounting.

“Hello cousin. This cutie pie is named Claudi and they are my insurance in case you tried something like this. { “Uhh no! I just thought you might have been an attacker or something.” } Sure you were. Now would you kindly introduce yourself to my friend who’s face you almost shattered.” Caleb inquires of his estranged family member before releasing Claudi. Skipping up to the permanently scowling girl, the Trap Master shakes her hand before pulling out a freshly baked cinnamon roll.

“You seem rather hangry right now, why not have this for breakfast?”

“I am not hangry! But I will take the free food.”

“Okay then. Rell, could you tell me why you’re so mad at the boss for caring about you?”

“I don’t need him to care about me! I’ve taken care of myself just fine and I was going to take care of my own problems before he intervened. It should have been me to end it all, she was my mother and my mistake to correct!” Rell yells at the Hooded via screaming at the Trap Master before tearing off a piece of the baked treat,

“Hmm, I hear you. Sometimes I get angry at my mom’s people for how they treated her. { “What did they do?” } Well you see on Targon the Solari are very superstitious about omens in regard to the sun. Unfortunately for my mom and I my birth was during an eclipse. She didn’t get any help because they thought that a baby being born while the sun was “under attack” was more important than helping a woman suffering from dystocia. My dad barely managed to get me away before they could kill me too.” Claudi confesses to the Iron Maiden about their issues with Targon. During the speech the usually cheerful apprentice slowly gained an aura of anger but Caleb knows it’s false; Claudi isn’t the type to hold grudges against those that are ignorant after all.

“Damn, that’s just rough. I suppose you can at least appreciate how your parents weren’t garbage like mine though. They tried turning me into a super weapon and hurt a lot of innocent people to make it that way. My entire life they lied to me about what we were doing and so I’m glad at least all their work is now their tomb.” Rell shares with her fellow teen who nods along with her points.

“I’ve heard about that. Hey look Rell, I wanna be your friend and so does the Hooded. Would you please promise to not fight him today for real and go along with us on a little adventure today? { “What are you two doing?” } We have a lovely trip to Piltover and Zaun planned out today to see a concert this evening. Maybe along the way you’ll meet someone who can help you grow to trust others and learn to live without fighting.” Claudi offers Rell before pulling out a ball of yarn to use as a yo-yo. Sighing in resignation, the Noxian teen walks up to her “cousin” and punches him in the shoulder before commanding him to not waste her time today.

“I promise you’re going to have fun today, I guarantee it. Come along Claudi, we need to stop by the Shadow Isles. Oh uh there is a yordle by the name of Vex, I asked her if she wanted to go to an arcade or something today and she said yes just now.” Caleb explains before pulling out a bag and filling it with gold. With the yordle’s energy drink fund accounted for, the Hooded checks to see if his cousin has her communicator and upon confirming it teleports them away.

CRSN

Teleporting them to Zaun’s Entresol level, Caleb then departs to pick up his angsty companion and leaves Claudi to walk with Rell for a bit. Feeling a bit out of place on top of her horse, the Iron Maiden dismounts and armors up. She then feels it as the Trap Master takes her hand and starts to lead her towards the Bridgewaltz District; a place the Coalition member claims is a premiere entertainment location in Zaun. Rell’s first instinct in this new location is to look for strategic points but as she does so the wonder of being in a new place overtakes her training. Seeing all of the lifts, people with limbs made of the same metal as some buildings, and strange inventions make the Noxian feel like she’s been transported to an alien world before her so-called “cousin” reappears. Together the trio of tourists arrive at a club called The Shout where a line is formed all the way down the street. Despite being sure they could take on the burly man acting as a bouncer, the Hooded tells Rell they need to follow the mechanical man’s instructions and head to the back of the line. Arriving there they see a girl sitting with pink hair and glasses on a chair with a sign and backpack humming.

“Hello, are you all going to wait for tickets as well?”

“We sure are little lady. By the way, what's your name super fan?” Caleb asks of the Zaunite girl who is checking up on her sign dedicated to Seraphine.

“Oh my name is Millie and I’m the Fanclub President for Sereaphine. You people aren’t from around here are you? You look like adventurers. Oh! Can you help me with something?” Millie requests the foreign looking party while fixing one of her board’s butterfly stickers.

“What do you need help with?” Rell asks before she feels a need to roll her armored shoulder. Caleb upon seeing this, takes her pauldron off and sticks it onto her head instead.

“See? Now your head is protected and your shoulders are evenly weighted.” Caleb proudly declares while his cousin struggles to pry off the new helmet; not knowing he put a small Coercion line inside of it.

“Well I was actually going to be the first person in line but apparently Miss Stitch told the bouncer to make it otherwise. Supposedly she doesn’t want any Sera-fans at tonight’s show. { “That doesn’t sound fair.” } I know right?! Anyway Seraphine showed up to resolve it but left without saying anything. You actually just missed her too, she drove off on her moped just a minute ago.” The Fanclub President explains before pulling out a squirrel shaped pin. “If you give her this before the show then I’ll hold a spot in line for you. It’s not much but I can hold my spot like no one else.”

“You can count on us Millie. Come on Rell and Claudi, if I had to guess Sereaphine must be returning home. { “Thank you so much.” } No problems little lady, come on we might be able to catch her before she takes a lift up.” The Hooded tells his traveling companions before they run off to find the nearest lift. Despite their best efforts however, including mounting up together on Rell’s horse, the trio are unable to find the performer before she boards a lift home.

“Great, what do we do now? You want me to tear the lift down or something?”

“Nothing so crude Rell. I might not know where she’s going but we have a cousin who might. She’s a big Sera-fan and I’m sure she can do a little investigating for us.” Caleb informs the Noxian who wonders just how damaged this other new “cousin” might just be. Her thoughts quickly turn to not disappointing Millie though as Claudi pulls out a watch and notes they have eleven hours until the concert starts.

CRSN

“Freeze! Oh wait, it's just you. Hello cousin, who are these two lovely young ladies you’ve brought with you?” Caitlyn inquires of the Hooded who just manifested in her office and frightened away an archivist.

“Howdy Caitlyn, I’d like to properly introduce you to our cousin Rell and my fellow champion Claudi. You see we need some help, we were able to secure a chance to see Seraphine’s show tonight but we have to do something first. { “And what just might that be?” } We need to deliver this squirrel pin from her biggest fan to her.” Caleb informs the sheriff before handing her the rodent shaped adornment.

“This is rather cute. You can tell how much care went into it despite being home made. { “So are you going to help us or what?” } She’s rather cut and dry isn’t she? I’ll help you but I’m not going to give you her home address. Instead I can direct you to her father’s workshop and you might find what you need there.” Caitlyn tells the group before she moves to start skimming through the file cabinets next to her desk. “Oh by the way cousin Rell, do you have a reference in tea?”

“I don’t have one. Tea is a bit too posh for me. Also Hooded, do we really have to do all this? I mean we’re having to run around just to have someone hold our spot in line. And get this stupid thing off of me!” Rell snaps at her “cousin” before he releases his Coercion line and she tosses down her steed’s head. The frustrated teen starts to scowl at her supposed family members to intimidate them but only serves to bring them nostalgia.

“You know the hair was an indicator but that angry look definitely makes her seem like auntie Nita. { “I know right?” } Anyway, where was I? Ah, here it is. This is the address to her father’s shop, it’s called World Song and where did the Hooded go?” She asks after noticing her cousin teleport away. Vi then walks into the office holding a pair of breakfast sandwiches and stops for a second.

“I knew I should’ve bought more than two. { “You only say that because you wanted more than one.” } I’m a growing woman Cupcake. So I’m guessing your cousin was here since these two just give off Hooded vibes. Sup you two.” The Enforcer casually tells the two guests in the room before taking a bite of her own sandwich.

“I wonder what he’s doing right now?”

“He just sent me a message saying Vex was running into some trouble.”

“Oh what kind of trouble? { “Apparently they bumped up the price of energy drinks.” } Ah so I suppose he’s going to give her more money. She moves around surprisingly fast for such a small thing. That or he got involved in a fight. { “Does he alway stick his nose in other people’s business?” } When he can help, yes. He was raised that way. Speaking of Rell, what do you know of your relation to us?” Caitlyn inquires of her newly found family member. Scoffing at the officer’s mention of family, the Iron Maiden leans against a nearby wall to get out of Vi’s way so she can give Cait her sandwich.

“He keeps mentioning about some lady called Nita. I think he mentioned once that she had powers similar to my own. { “Indeed.” } Honestly I’m not sure how to feel about my new aunt. Or all of you really. I mean not too long ago I was going from Null camp to Null camp fighting alone and suddenly he shows up to help. Now I’m being told that my fight is over and, well, I don’t know much else.” Rell lets out to the Sheriff of Piltover before she recalls her steed’s head from the floor.

“I kind of get that. I just went around busting heads until Caitlyn showed up. Now I’ve got a job, I eat well, and I’ve got a girlfriend. It's a weird feeling at first but eventually you learn that it’s all for the better.” Vi advises the Noxian before sitting back at her desk and kicking up her feet. “You should be glad you’ve got a cousin willing to do this for you. Not a lot of people are that lucky.”

“I know but still. I wish he would’ve let me finish my fight the way I wanted.” Rell mutters to herself not knowing how the officers would react. At that moment the Hooded returns and is handed the address they need, knowing where they need to go he thanks his cousin and teleports away with his companions.

CRSN

“You know I half expected you to come back with a head or something, what took you so long?”

“Well she might have small legs but Vex moves surprisingly quick. Also I went back home to stock up on more money just in case we needed it.” Caleb tells his cousin who is more interested in the cars moving up and down the road than his answer. Claudi also starts to pay attention to the nearby traffic but only because he spots a head of pink hair driving past.

“Hey boss, is that Seraphine over there? I didn’t realize she had a pet squirrel. Oh that’s why Millie gave us that pin!” Claudi loudly announces when they have that epiphany. This draws the attention of some nearby pedestrians before the trio make their way up the street to World Song

Entering the purple and black store, the group finds it freshly stocked with all manner of instruments ranging, from traditional to chem and hextech powered ones, lining the walls and on display. Standing behind the main counter is a man, who while not old still has some lines on his face from long nights of work. He finishes up connecting several wires for a repair job on someone’s keyboard, before turning to face his new customers.

“Welcome to World Song folks, how may I help you all today? Need me to repair something or will you be buying something? We also buy if you’re in the mood for selling though my daughter is better at appraisals. She’s quite talented.” The Acoustician inquires of the foreign party before straightening out his green leather apron.

“We actually are here to see Seraphine sir. One of her fans by the name of Millie, apparently she’s her Fanclub’s President, wanted us to give her this pin. We also wanted to check in on her performance tonight, supposedly another performer by the name of Scratch is giving her fans a hard time.” Caleb solemnly informs the woman’s father before handing him the pin. As Leo looks over the trinket, the door leading into the workshop opens and Seraphine enters with a blue and white blouse and a brown dress.

“Hey dad I’m going to need some help with my guitar again, can you help? { “Is it the Hex Capacitor again?” } Yep, but I’m worried it might be something else too since you know how Acorn sometimes likes to, oh hello. Welcome to World Song travelers.” Seraphine announces to the foreigners and potential fans. While she heard a pair of new songs before she walked in, the Starry-eyed Songstress is surprised to see a third consumer.

Listening more closely, the Piltie hears two distinct songs coming from the armored customer and her vastayan companion. From the girl she hears a war song that while somber is triumphant. It exudes a feeling of self loathing but this leads into moments of self-sacrifice, safeguarding, and courage as she listens closer and the song flares to life. Turning to the feline humanoid, Seraphine gets a different tune. This song is more pop styled, at first feeling confused, scared, and sad but eventually changing to triumphant; exuding a feeling of joy, energy, freedom, and self acceptance. Both songs provide the performer with inspiration and also make her sad that the last stranger’s song is hidden from her.

“Greetings Seraphine. We recently came from the club you’re supposed to perform at tonight and a fan of yours named Millie wanted us to give you this.” Caleb informs the music artist before having her father hand off the pin to her.

“Aww this is so cute. Hey, where are you all going? { “Well to tell Millie we finished her task.” } Oh I see. Well I will be heading back down to Zaun later, I’m going to be finishing my personal stage in the meantime. Oh and don’t worry about Scratch, even if I have to give my fans a solo performance in the streets I won’t miss a show.” Seraphine tells the group before turning away to work on her preparations.

“If it’s your stage you’ll be working on then our companion Rell could help you. { “Excuse me, Claudi?” } Yeah, Rell here is gifted with metal magic so I bet she could help. Don’t worry about the Hooded and me, we’ll just go explore the cities and maybe talk to Miss Scratch. Okay bye.” Claudi blurts out before the Trap Master clings to their fellow Coalitionist. Taking the hint, Caleb steps in front of their companion and thinks of his own excuse.

“I don’t see why not. Claudi can be very convincing and I’m sure Rell’s magnet magic could be helpful here plus she needs more friends. See you later.” Caleb announces before teleporting the vastayan and himself back to Zaun.

“This mother… I guess I’m stuck here. You folks wouldn’t happen to have a stable or something I could put my horse in would you?” The metal mage asks of her new hosts who exchange a look of confusion. Taking a step outside, the Iron Maiden reforms her steed on the sidewalk and shortly after Seraphine’s dad directs her to the garage in back.

CRSN

“I swear to god that asshole makes me so mad. I gave him a chance to give me a nice day and what does he do? Ditches me at almost every chance he gets.” Rell grumbles to herself for the umpteenth time while searching for the tool Seraphine asked for. Seeing the Noxian in need of help and some cheering up, Acorn helps her out by finding the tool for her.

“Thank you Rell, you too Acorn. I can understand what you’re saying Rell but I don’t think he meant any harm. Tell you what, it’s almost lunch time and we could go out to someplace you might like. So you got any favorite foods?” Seraphine inquires of the frustrated teen while making sure her stage’s propulsion system is properly connected to it’s fuel source. The pink haired performer actually considered going to a place in the Mainspring District with excellent fish but the rider seems like someone who would like something heavier.

“I’ll eat whatever you get me. { “Oh that cool but yeah I wanna treat you to your favorites.” } I can’t really think of anything. Hell I can’t even remember the last time someone besides the Hooded asked me something like this. All I’ve really had growing up were bland military style rations.” Rell confesses before handing Seraphine a towel to wipe her brow and hands.

“That’s actually pretty sad. But that just means I get to be there when you find your favorites. { “You that confident?” } Yep because I am taking you to a buffet for lunch. I’m sure we’ll find you a favorite there. { “The Hooded mentioned his manor has something like that.” } Seriously?! He seems nice, you should try to get him to bring you there then. { “He wanted me to.” } You should try to give him more chances then. Anyway lunch is on me, Dad do you want anything for lunch?!” Seraphine calls out to her father before grabbing her purse. Seeing it has enough to easily cover both of their meals, the musician grabs her brown leather duster and matching driving gloves before leaving for the garage with Rell.

“So I guess I’ll be following you since I don’t know this city well.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well I was going to ride my horse obviously and…”

“Nope. You are going to be riding with me.”

“But Seraphine I don’t feel like leaving my armor and mount behind!”

“Rell you’re not on the battlefield anymore. You’re just going with a friend to lunch, you don’t have to worry about being stabbed or something. I mean maybe shot but Jinx hasn’t done anything in a bit plus she prefers to mess with Enforcer Vi anyways. { “What?!” } The point being is you’re going to be riding with me, so hold on tight and I’ll have us there in no time.” Seraphine confidently informs her new companion before Acorn jumps onto her shoulder. Seeing the Piltie pair give her a thumbs up together, Rell concedes on not bringing her mount but insists she keeps her lance; for comfort and protection.

Taking the win, Seraphine turns on her bike’s engine and is shocked by the sudden weight on her vehicle. Turning around and expecting to see Rell going back on her promise, the performer is surprised to see that Rell’s lance alone weighs this much. Luckily the Noxian catches onto the problem Seraphine might have and uses her magic to make the lance hover just above her back. The pair then drive off and as Rell takes in the sights leading to their destination she also appreciates the minor similarities between her steed and Seraphine’s bike. She also notes how much Piltover seems to value aesthetics compared to Zaun and Noxus; an example being a man who emerges from the restaurant they arrive at covered in cheap jewelry. Paying for their entry, Seraphine and Rell pick out the food they want before taking a seat in a booth; Seraphine having lemon chicken, a cucumber salad, and brown sugar milk tea while Rell has a baked potato, a cheeseburger, some kind of Ionian horseradish spread, and a cola.

“So you’ve got magnetic powers right? How do you usually use them?” Seraphine asks in an attempt to start a conversation as they eat.

“It’s not just magnetism, it’s also controlling the metal around me too. I’ve crushed people in their own armor, torn apart buildings, superheated metals, and used it to create weapons, armor, or whatever else I need.” Rell tels the woman two years her senior in an attempt to intimidate her. Instead all she ends up doing is getting a look of awe from the pink haired lady.

“Can you fly? Or is that too much, maybe float? { “What?” } Like since you can control metal I was wondering if you could use it to lift yourself up while in your suit. { “Umm not as far as I can tell, I can pull myself to go faster.” } Oh that’s neat, I guess.” Seraphine mutters out at the end and confounds the Noxian.

“Oh well I’m sorry but what can you do exactly, complain to an assistant about your guitar strings?”

“Lean in a bit closer. I have magic too. I can hear other people’s emotions, souls, and their life songs. I’ve been told I might be able to do more with it if I actually learned magic but I’m happy with how I use it now. { “How’s that?” } Helping people sing the songs in their heart and giving everyone an amazing show.” Seraphine counters when the metal mage gets a bit snarky with her. “So have you tried to make other animals or things besides war gear?”

CRSN

While the two women are having lunch, down in Zaun Caleb, Claudi, and Vex are sitting on some scaffoldings while eating hot dogs. Below them is the club and as the roadies and set up crew start returning from their break the Hooded signals his companions to finish eating. He then tells them to hold their breath and not die before picking them up and jumping down. Entering his Spectral form alongside them, the Coalition champion then deploys the Hood as a parachute and lands safely on the ground with the yordle and vastayan. Handing the Gloomist a bag with more gold, the Trap Master and the Hooded both sneak inside along with the crew while she walks off. Under the guise of stage workers, they assist in helping to set up power to the stage before heading towards the dressing rooms. Finding Scratch’s room, Caleb knocks on the Zaun Diva’s door before being told to enter. The pair are treated to the amputee adjusting the speaker installed in her prosthetic leg before she turns up to look at them.

“Oh hey did you guys get me that raptor sandwich I asked for? { “We aren’t those guys.” } Oh damn sorry about that I just assumed one of my roadies pushed the job onto you two. Hey while you’re here can you hand me that solder iron and those tweezers?” The surprisingly polite blonde punk asks of the Coalitionist before getting what she wants. As she returns to working on her leg, the pair look around her room, which is mostly what one would expect from a rock star, and find a pile of personalized tickets next to a bowl of colorful chocolate candies.

“Sorry to disturb you still but we actually had some questions about tonight’s show. { “If the club owners are asking about the backup generators tell them we tested yesterday.” } Oh yeah and we showed them a few minutes ago too so we’re set on that front. But yeah I was going to ask about Seraphine and her fans.” Caleb asks while he and Claudi move towards the snack table. This makes the Zaunite quickly finish her repairs before attaching her mechanical leg back on.

“I don’t have any issues with Songbird performing down here but some of her fans erk me. Up in Piltover they use money to buy front row seats to some of her shows and they’re just using it as a status symbol or whatever. The point being is they don’t appreciate her for the music she brings and that pisses me off as a performer. Now if you don’t mind I’ve gotta make sure my leg is working again.” Scratch informs the two roadies before putting on her red jacket and leaving. With the Zaun Diva gone, Caleb and Claudi leave soon after but not before grabbing a handful of Discreet Invitations.

Walking outside of the club and heading towards the back of the line, the Coalitionists give Millie an update on the pin. They also hand her one of the stolen tickets before a strange fog starts to roll in.

“Millie, Claudi, do you both have your gas masks?”

“Sure I, oh no! I must have left it at home before I came here to camp.”

“I have mine sir but I didn’t think to bring a spare.”

“Okay, I’m going to throw this silver coin into it. If it’s just regular fog then it won’t, oh my god run! Everyone, Gray out!” Caleb shouts out to the crowd who see what he means and begin to hurry indoors. The now black coin doesn’t even hit the ground before the Hooded in a panic picks up Millie and Claudi.

Donning the Dark Armor, and strapping his two passengers to his back, Caleb cracks the ground beneath his feet before fleeing for higher ground from the cloud of death. As his mind races to form an escape route, Claudi gives their mask to the girl and takes a deep breath. Once the Perfect Host’s escape plan is finished, his mind turns to finding a solution for the chemical phenomenon or the show might become canceled. He realizes that they’ll need a miracle, and while not one for prayer or self-entitled gods, the Hooded does know one that can help nearby. While he is worried about the show, Claudi and Millie are a bit more concerned about the cliff he is charging towards. Blitzing past the crowds of pedestrians around them, the two scream as he is about to ram into the rocks before he suddenly jumps instead and begins scaling the cliff face. Using a combination of raw strength, claws, and Coercion tendrils on his hands and feet, the Hooded rises skyward at a speed to outpace the fast lifts.

Opening her eyes, the young lady notices what is happening and starts to feel a thrill like never before as the Hooded stranger leaps off the cliff. She nearly panics again but stops when he then uses a tendril as a grappling hook to swing off a nearby lab’s arboretum spire. Flipping through the air, the Zaunite girl then watches as her ride latches a pair of tendrils onto the bridge of the Rising Howl and uses them to slingshot the trio into the sky. For the Fanclub President, it is a rare chance to feel the sun on her skin as she is able to see around for miles. Millie is able to experience this for a bit before being told to hold her breath as well as Claudi. Obeying the armored man’s command, the girl feels a warm sensation overtake her before feeling nothing as they start to float down to safety on the bridge below.

“Sorry for the scare you two, it’s just I’ve been raised to not take the Gray lightly. Thanks Nita. Hmm, Claudi, I think we might have to do something drastic. { “You don’t mean…” } Yes, I do. Millie do you believe in Janna? { “Yes.” } Good, she’s a nice spirit and if we’re going to see the show tonight we are going to need her help.” Caleb tells the young fan before taking her hands and putting them together. Giving her a small smile, the Hooded leans in and whispers the spelling for an ancient name in Shuriman; he has to spell it because he sucks at Shuriman.”

“Okay. Miss Janna…”

“Millie, you have to say it the way I spelled it out for you. Take your time if you have to.”

“Sorry. Miss Jan'ahrem? It’s me, Millie, and we need your help. Seraphine, Scratch, and the other performers were going to play tonight but the Gray is clouding around the club they were going to be at. We’d really appreciate it if you could come and blow it away. Also please keep mommy safe at work like you always do.” The Fanclub President finishes before a light breeze blows the trio’s way. Looking up at the sky, Claudi and Caleb are able to see a small blue bird flying their way before it transforms into a woman.

“I hear you Millie, I always do. The show will go on tonight, I promise. Enjoy Piltover young one, make sure she does you two. Hmm, it’s not often people can see me. Farewell little fan, and you as well Coalitionists.” Janna speaks to the trio before becoming one with the wind again. Keeping her promise, a strong gust of wind starts to blow in from the bay and the champions know the spirit goddess is fulfilling Millie’s prayer.

“Alrighty then, with that settled I suppose we should head back to Seraphine’s place. Come along you two, we’re walking because I’m not going to teleport with Millie. Your stomach would hurt too much.” Caleb explains before Claudi makes a vomiting motions to the Fanclub President. Understanding the Trap Master’s meaning, the girl turns her curiosity from the stranger’s powers to the city around her.

CRSN

“Hello, is anyone here?” Caleb asks as loudly as he can with a sleeping Millie on his back. Turns out that she has had enough excitement for now and she didn’t get enough sleep earlier to be the first in line for tickets.

The Hooded is then answered shortly by Seraphine’s father who tells the visitors that Seraphine hasn’t returned yet from lunch. Deciding to go check on them, Caleb leaves Millie behind to nap before teleporting away with Claudi. Taking to the rooftops, the cat vastayan begins to think about what they know of the two women. Calculating that Seraphine would want to bring Rell to a place with a variety of food, the pair teleport to a nearby buffet; one that apparently has excellent fried chicken if Metto is to be believed. Surely enough the Trap Master’s guess is correct and the Coalitionists watch as the ladies step out of the restaurant. An unexpected turn of events occurs however as a speeding car quickly turns the corner. Thinking the two departing women don’t notice it as they start to merge into the lane, Caleb gets ready to jump down. As he takes the leap, Rell ends up stopping the vehicle and lifts it into the air. Changing his objective to stopping his cousin from killing the motorist, the Hooded is pleasantly surprised to see her stop on her own.

“Well I’ll be damned. { “Hooded?! Did you just jump down here?” } Yeah, I saw the car coming from the nearby roof and wanted to help. { “Were you spying on me?!” } What? No. Claudi, Millie, and I just got back to World Song not too long ago. When you two weren’t there we decided to look for you both, oh and the show is on for tonight Rell. Good job by the way.” Caleb congratulates his cousin while pointing towards the crumpled car. Shortly after a warden siren signals the arrival of officers to detain the speeding criminals.

Taking that as their queue to leave, Caleb teleports to recover Claudi and the ladies drive off. Returning to World Song, the Hooded is treated to some catty comments and jokes from his companion.

“Excellent job landing on your feet boss, I would’ve done the same if you asked.”

“Please no.”

“Also don’t feel bad about leaving me alone, I would’ve found my way back home eventually.”

“Being catty doesn’t suit you, Claudi.”

“Oh but sir, I’m always catty. Also it seems Seraphine and Caitlyn have managed to reach Rell.”

Caleb agrees with the vastayan as the pair arrive a few minutes later to see him petting the Trap Master’s head. The group then spends the rest of the remaining time preparing Seraphine for the show. While Rell and Leo help to secure the hoverstage’s internal parts, Caleb works on her guitar, and Claudi helps her alongside their toys to prepare the Songstress’ look. As the sun lowers, the Hooded and Trap Master then briefly leave to check on the status of the club. To their shock the show is starting early and so they teleport back to tell the others as the last touches are done to Seraphine’s stage. Realizing that time is of the essence, Rell loads the stage into the shop’s truck and everyone save Claudi and Caleb go with them. The Coalitionists actually travel ahead and learn that a fight has broken out near the base of the Rising Howl. Heading down to see what’s happening, the Hooded tells his friend to cordon off the area and await the others. Half an hour after that, the others arrive at the bridge housing the massive lift but the wardens have set up a blockade.

“What’s the matter here officer? Is the Howl having some kind of trouble?” Seraphine’s father asks the nearest warden after stepping out of the pickup truck. Leo is then joined by his daughter, who he instinctively clutches closer to him upon hearing explosions and gunshots in the distance.

“I’m sorry sir but the Howl is currently closed. Apparently a Zaunite with electricity weapons or something is fighting gangsters near the base of the lift. Until the situation is cleared we advise you to save your business in the Undercity for another time.” The broad officer with a custodian helmet advises the group before a beam of energy flashes behind him. Rell then shortly after receives a message on her communicator from the Hooded telling her to jump down into Zaun with Seraphine and Millie.

“I’ve had Claudi keep the area beneath the bridge cleared, they’ll meet you. { “You trust him?” } I don’t think he’s the type to lie about this stuff. Well come on Seraphine, you too Millie. Looks like I get to test out that theory you had earlier.” Rell tells the two pink haired locals before using her powers to unload the hoverstage.

“Alright then Rell, I’ll trust you too. Come on Millie, you too Acorn. I’ll man the controls and you try to slow our descent. { “Don’t need to tell me twice.” } We’ll see you later dad!” Seraphine calls out to her father before driving her stage over the edge of the bridge.

CRSN

“That’s right you cowards, flee! Run away because death is walking these streets tonight!” Caleb shouts to the now fleeing gangsters before firing an empowered Betwixt Crossbow bolt into them. Sending them flying in an explosion, the Hooded can only hope that those he just stunned lead better lives.

“Woah, I’ve heard stories about the Hooded but you really aren’t to be messed with. Hey before you go, can I ask you a few questions?” Zeri nervously asks the person she grew up hearing stories about. Watching the skies for his cousin, the Hooded is hardly listening but decides to agree anyways. “Cool, so is it true you regenerate? Like even if you’re dying you just come back in like a new body?”

‘Caleb don’t you dare give the answer you want to.’

“Oh come on Levia, can’t I just tell her I’m a timelord? { “No. Not in this timeline.” } Fine, okay Zeri I’ll tell you. I’m actually the latest in a line of Hooded.”

“That’s pretty cool. So was it you who left all those bodies all over the place a few years ago?”

“Yeah also can you give me a second I see my cousin and Seraphine just jumped off the Rising Howl’s Bridge. { “They what?!” } And… they’re okay. Good job Rell. Anyway, you have more questions for me?” Caleb asks the Zaunite vigilante before pulling out an extra ticket for her.

“No thanks on the ticket. So can you actually fly and run through machine gun fire?”

“Well I was going to the concert so I was hoping we’d maybe talk there. { “I’ll go then.” } As for powers, if you've heard of me doing it, it’s probably true.” As Zeri starts muttering about owing Ekko some money at the next neighborhood potluck, Caleb pulls out his communicator and starts sending out several messages.

CRSN

“Yeah, I’m here boss. I see them and they’re fine. I’ll tell them.” Claudi confirms over comms with the Hooded before putting it away. As the girls land, the Coalitionist jumps onto Rell’s back, hands Seraphine her guitar case, and joins them.

“Thanks Claudi. Sorry for the tight squeeze everyone, I’m usually a solo act haha. Anyway hold on tight everyone, I’ll have us there in a bit.” Seraphine jokes with everyone before recalibrating her stage. Eventually the group makes their way to the club and split up to go inside.

While Claudi and Millie use a couple of stolen tickets to go in through the front, Rell helps Seraphine sneak in backstage. As it turns out, despite not being very stealthy, the Iron Maiden finds it very easy to open every door leading inside since they use metal locks. Now all she’s left wondering is where are all the security guards and that is answered as they near the stage. Sitting in a chair nearby, a security guard is asleep holding a knitted white and blue bunny with a red and blue dress. The animated toy radiates magic and looks up to the duo to blow them a kiss. Slipping from the man’s grasp, the doll hops away and following it the two end up arriving at the left stage area without any issue.

“Thank you for your help Rell, you and everyone. Now it’s just up for me to do my part and put on a show. Tell your cousin I said thank you too and enjoy the performance with him.” Seraphine tells the Noxian with a smile before opening her guitar case. To both of their surprise, not only did the Hooded find time to get her guitar prepared but also change her case to resemble the unified Piltover and Zaun logo; this gets a chuckle out of the Starry-Eyed Songstress for how on the nose it is.

Seeing that the Chempunk Shredder’s opening act is about to finish, Seraphine then walks out to meet Scratch on stage. Staying for a moment expecting a fight, Rell is a bit surprised that the musical duet are both greeted equally with cheers. As the Zaunite Diva pumps up for the crowd for a music duel, the Noxian leaves the staging area and spots Millie in the crowd. Wondering where the vastayan is, Rell finds them sitting near the back of the club at a bar with a plate of pancakes and a strange pink and blue drink.

“Howdy Rell, did you want some breakfast for dinner too?! I’m waiting on some fried chicken! { “You don’t have to yell Claudi.” } Oh I’m sorry, my hearing is a bit more sensitive so I wasn’t sure if you’d be able to hear me.” The vastaya explains before stuffing a pancake into their mouth. Taking the Coalitionist up on their offer, the Iron Maiden takes a seat next to them and orders the same.

“I thought their whole rivalry would be a bit more violent. { “Maybe at first but not now.” } So I’m guessing it’s because Seraphine proved herself? { “Yeah, also I think Scratch has a crush on her.” } What? You know what, forget it. So are we just going to sit here for the next few hours listening to music and eating?” Rell genuinely asks before a plate of pancakes is served to her alongside Claudi’s chicken strips.

“Well I mean you could try dancing, they even have a mosh pit. Oh but if you go into the pit remember to have some etiquette and be careful. Wait, where’s Millie?!” A now concerned Claudi shouts before getting on top of their stool. Spotting the girl’s light stick near the edge of the mosh pit, Rell and Claudi rush into the crowd to help her as the music stops.

“Hang on a second. Near the edge of the pit, can you all carefully move out a bit? I think someone just went down and they might be hurt. If they aren’t then please help them up and if they aren’t then move aside so EMTs can get to them.” Scratch instructs the crowd who stop what they’re doing to make space. Spotting one of the club’s bouncers, the Zaun Diva waves them over to help manage the crowd.

“Is that you Millie? Are you alright? { “Yes.” } Rell, Claudi I saw you two moving so if you could help her that would be great. As a matter of fact, sweetheart do you wanna come hang out on stage with us? Is that okay with you Scratch? { “Sure, just watch yourself around the electricity Sera-fan.” } But yeah we all came out here to have fun tonight and enjoy some music but if someone is hurt pick them up!” Seraphine announces to the cheers of the crowd. Waiting for Rell and Claudi to help the Fanclub President get to stage left, the Songstress and Diva then begin their song from the top as they return to the bar.

Watching Claudi send out a few messages, Rell decides to take a piece of the vastayan’s chicken. While it tastes good, the Noxian thinks it could use some spice and is surprised when a container is put next to her plate. Sitting next to his cousin, the Hooded raises a hand as he draws his breath before a blue and a green haired woman take seats next to him. The woman in a jacket is unfamiliar to the Iron Maiden but the lady in a blue dress she recognizes from some of the children’s drawings back in Ionia.

“I’m surprised you came back.”

“Sorry it took me so long, you two. Zeri had a bunch of questions for me. Then I thought Sona would like to come so I went and got her. After that I grabbed your horse, it’s waiting outside by the way, and picked up Zeri too. Then I got a text from Claudi to get San for Millie and after that I thought. “Screw it. May as well pick up Rell some wings too while I’m out." , so that happened.” Caleb explains to his cousin before laying his head down and Sona starts to rub his back. Seeing what the Hooded’s two companions are eating, Zeri orders matching orders for Sona, the Hooded, and herself.

“It’s okay cousin. Uhh, thanks for bringing me out today. I actually had a lot of fun, can’t say when that last happened. { “Oh. No problem Rell, it was a pleasure.” } I’m also sorry for being a bit of a bitch to you. You were looking out for me and I’m still getting used to people doing that.” She tells her recently discovered family member before opening the container. Taking a bite of the boneless wing, the Noxian practically howls with joy from the taste before she gets an idea. “Wait, what if I wrap it in this pancake with syrup and… Ooooaaaahhhh!”

XxxX

Conflation episode 9

( 12:32 PM Take Two )

Amidst the rubble of a destroyed school, a woman is sifting through the rubble. She soon finds what she is looking for, an hourglass made of silver with a man’s severed hand clutching it. Prying the appendage from the device, she turns and sees Caleb spasming on the ground and struggling to cling to life. Sona is next to him and holding his hand as the chemicals destroying the magus take hold. As the life finally starts to leave his body, the woman feels hope and the hourglass begins to glow with purple light. Channeling her magic into the device, the world around the interloper begins to reverse and she forms a blade of sunlight.

CNMU

( 4:27 PM Take One )

“Riven, I'm back. You weren’t poking the magic sun again were you?” Caleb asks of his young companion before closing the door to their hotel room. As the man sends out another text to his partner asking where she is, the astrayi finishes up her cleaning.

“No! I wasn’t. Okay, maybe a little but I only touched it because I wanted to get a better look.” Riven whines to her travel friend who gives her a stern look. Satisfied with her answer, the man smiles and prepares to compliment her cleaning but instead turns to the sound of the hotel door opening; standing in the doorway is a crying Sona. “What happened?”

Pulling out her phone, the slime woman shows an article about a recent terrorist attack that destroyed an elementary school. Neither of them need to say anything to one another before the magus begins to pack up several tools into a satchel. Telling Riven to come along, the trio teleport in front of the police station handling the crisis. Walking inside they find the place in chaos as officers scramble all over the nearby county to address disturbances and distraught citizens. Overall it’s very overwhelming for the magical “child” who is quickly picked up by Sona. Carrying the false ten year old, the F. M. I. E. founders locate the Chief of Police’s office and enter to find the man answering multiple calls.

“Andra unless you’ve… who the hell are you three?! Get that kid out of here! This place isn’t for a child.”

“We good sir are mercenaries for hire and the ones with a solution to your problems.”

“Unless you can bring back the dead I don’t wanna hear it. Been scammed before by supposed magic folk.”

“We offer an even better solution. Using a device in my possession we can simply turn back time and infiltrate the school. All we would require is a contract of payment and your problems will be as though they never happened.” Caleb advertises to the stoic faced man before revealing Project Survivor’s Guilt. With nothing to lose, and everything to gain, the police chief signs a magical contract and time begins to reverse.

CNMU

( 7:03 AM Take Two)

“Why do I have to go with you to school?”

“Because I need you nearby in case things go wrong. Sona just used her turn with the PSG and I need you here to use it if something happened to me.”

“Okay.”

“Good. Now you got your backpack? { “Yep.” } Lunch? { “Yep.” } Smile? { “Mmm, yep!” } Alright now enjoy your time here, maybe try to make a friend or two, and I should see you soon.” Caleb tells the astrayi before they enter the school grounds. While Sona is off warning the local authorities of the threat, Caleb infiltrates the school under the guise of a custodian and Riven as a new student.

As Riven is being introduced to her class, the hired gun goes over the school’s layout plan and finds several inconsistencies. While she is learning factions, Caleb is investigating a wall that should have a room behind it. Phasing past the concrete brick wall, the man avoids triggering a self-destruct trap and finds the room to be full of documents. Going through them, he takes note of the terrorist group’s chemical weapon plan and finds the materials used to be incredibly unstable. Coming to the conclusion that the explosion was actually an accident, the magus takes photos of all the plans and sends them to Sona.

‘Damn I’ve been in here for a while haven’t I? Welp that’s enough incriminating evidence for one day, I should check on Riven before I search for that lab they made.’ Caleb thinks to himself before leaving the room and continues his custodian act. Working his way towards Riven’s classroom, the magus is about to try and peek inside when the door opens instead.

“Oh custodian Geralf, sir, would you please walk Amelia here to the second floor bathroom? Also afterwards maybe you could figure out what is causing noises in the bathroom here on the first floor. I’ve been complaining about it to the principal and other staff members but no one listens to me apparently.” A mousy teacher asks of the school janitor before the ratfolk woman waves over her student. Accepting Mrs. Alexia’s request, the magus guides young Felicity and waits for her to finish before walking her back.

“Felicity, hurry, we're about to start the next round of Jeopardy.”

“I’ll be right there Mia. Thank you sir.” The little elephant girl tells Caleb before rejoining Riven. Seeing that the astrayi is having fun with her classmates, the investigator leaves her be and heads to the bathrooms.

Investigating both restrooms, the man eventually finds the floor to be hollow underneath one of the stalls. Examining more closely, Caleb finds a number pad hidden inside of the toilet tank and reaches into his satchel. Pulling out a Durand Engineering Cutter, he uses the crossbow shaped device to emit a signal that activates the panel. After a few seconds the floor slides open to reveal a ladder that he promptly climbs down. Cautiously advancing through the underground passage, Caleb finds himself barred by a metal door. Cutting his way past the door’s lock, the magus finds the terror cell’s underground laboratory. Finding a cell of glass next to a control room, the F. M. I. E. co-founder ignores those in favor of large open vat of toxic chemicals. Suddenly from one of the cages hanging overhead a rat falls down and into the brew below. Checking the time and finding it just past noon, Caleb realizes that something is about to happen that causes the explosion and his theory is proven right when the rat leaps from the chemicals as a hulking monster. Screeching rapidly, the mass of muscles and eyes quickly turns and breaks open the metal container.

“Ah, I see how this place exploded now. All I’ve gotta do now is, oh no.” Caleb mutters out before watching the creature drink the leaking chemicals and begin to glow. `I thought it would’ve attacked me and I would’ve had more time!’

Quickly thinking of a plan, the mercenary gambles on a way to fix two problems in one go and opens a portal. Appearing before Riven, Caleb quickly opens another portal behind her before pulling out the PSG and shoving her away with it. Knocking the girl outside of the blast radius but failing to give her the device, the Durand graduate braces himself for the familiar feeling of death.

CRSN

( 12:26 PM Take Two )

Riven wakes up minutes later with her ears ringing and a gooey hand shaking her awake. Looking up at Sona’s horrified face, the girl remembers what just happened and rushes towards the burning remains of the school. Doing her best to ignore the innocent bodies around her, the astrayi finds Caleb twitching under some rubble. Digging him out with help from Sona, the two find that his back is quickly dissolving before their very eyes. Through her teary eyed vision, Riven watches the struggling man desperately heaving for breath before firing a bolt of magic. Following the spell, the albino girl sees a glint of silver and realizes what the magus is trying to tell her with his final actions.

“Thank you both for these past six months. I see now what I need to do. Now it is time for me to help you both as you’ve helped me.” Riven tells the two before reaching out for the magical sphere gifted to her in that basement half a year ago. Absorbing it, the girl begins to mature and the sun itself seems to focus on her.

As her skin becomes sun kissed, the woman’s short hair turns from a wispy pale white to an iridescent purple. Her small shoes begin to break before revealing feet similar to a lion and a matching tail appears. Feeling amazing as her body begins to grow patches of scales, Riven gives Sona a smile that reveals her sharp teeth before turning to sift through the ruins. Finding the dying man’s creation, she takes it into her bronze scaled hands before roaring with the might of a sun and channeling her magic into it.

‘So this is who I truly am. Those two are truly interesting creatures if they could fix me. I’d like to see where we go from here.’ Riven thinks to herself as time reverses around her. Waiting for the right moment, she jumps through the portal Caleb made leading into the underground lab and waits a bit before noting what she needs to do.

CRSN

( 12:12 PM Take Three )

Cutting his way past the laboratory bulkhead, Caleb gets a sense of Déjà vu and cautiously opens the door. Hearing the sounds of machinery, the magus sneaks his way towards a glass room. Hearing footsteps inside, the man pulls out a gun and points it at the head of the person who walks out.

“Whatever it is you’re doing, stop it now.”

“I’m already finished. We won’t have to worry about any nasty rats exploding either, see.” The purple haired woman adds while pointing towards a nearby scorch mark. Sensing something from inside of the control room, Caleb holds the woman in torn clothes hostage and walks her inside.

“That’s my PSG. Riven, is this you?”

“It is me, Caleb. Funny enough I actually went back an hour earlier to figure out the controls. Don’t worry though I just finished the vat’s lockdown sequence.” Riven informs her travel companion before he puts away his pistol. Reclaiming the device, he quickly looks through it’s usage history with a spell and confirms what she said is true.

“I suppose you’ll be wanting a change of attire? I don’t want you leaving us still dressed as a little girl.”

“I would like the change in clothes, but I’d also like to say with you two.”

“What? Riven in case you haven’t noticed Sona and I are kind of vagabonds right now.”

“I know but you’re also some of the most interesting people I’ve met in a long time. Plus it’s not like I have somewhere else to go.” She tells the man as the vat’s lid finishes lowering and secures. Several minutes later Sona arrives with several tactical police officers and she feels a bit paranoid seeing him next to a strange woman.

“Hello Sona, it would seem Riven’s magic resolved itself thanks to us. Anyways we should probably leave soon and get her some new clothes. Supposedly she thinks we’re her ticket to an exciting life.” Caleb informs his worried partner before opening a portal for them to step through.

“Of course I do. I mean in the time I’ve known you two you’ve murdered you way out of prison, punched death itself, and got into a blood war with a clan of geese. Hell, just today you stopped a terrorist plot and saved an elementary school.” A flabbergasted Riven blurts out and draws the attention of the nearby officers. Realizing what she’s done, the trio quickly close the portal behind them as bullets start coming through it.

CRSN

“This is why we watch our words in public. Though I guess we were going to be leaving that world soon anyways. Our next job is on a desert planet nearby.” Caleb talks towards Riven who doesn’t seem to be really listening. Waiting for Sona to finish bandaging his right arm, which has a bullet wound, the two F. M. I. E. founders then walk up to look out the window of the space freighter with the chalkydri.

“I’ll remember next time. Also I remember it’s why you don’t like novels anymore. { “Did you hear anything else I just said?” } Yes. Oh is it going to be a world you’ve been to before? I remember some of the battlefields you’ve been a part of were on desert worlds?” Riven asks with genuine excitement and curiosity. Seeing the wonder in her eyes, the magus simply sighs and summons a water bottle for each of them.

“Thankfully no. I don’t want to revisit old stomping grounds and drink up. We don’t need you dying of dehydration before or while we’re there.”

“Fair.” The chalkydri woman answers before turning to look back out at the stars.

XxxX

Champion Spotlight: Claudi

Aliases: The Trap Master, Eclipse Child, Therapy Cat

Birthplace: Mount Targon

Weapons: Trap magic, Tripwire laced yarn balls used as Meteor Hammers, Magically animated toys and dolls, Cuteness

Species: Vastayan (Xanderi)

Occupations: Coalition soldier, Team confidant, Good boi, Meownister of Defense

Appearance: Possessing traits of a Siamese cat, Claudi is covered from head to toe in silver-gray fur except for their face and ears which are flame point blonde. Being part Targonian has caused the fur on Claudi's chest to grow longer, simulating a bust, as well as around their head which has been cut to resemble shoulder length straight hair. To protect their slender body, the Trap Master wears a chainmail shirt and leather cuirass combination underneath their teal rain poncho. To aid them in setting up traps to decimate the enemies of the Coalition, Claudi wears a pair of leather gloves to protect their hands during trap setting and a utility belt lined with pouches containing extra wire, tools, and toys; for both when they need to animate extra helpers and boredom. Whenever the other Coalition champions buy their Xanderi friend clothes they make an effort to cut holes for their curled tail to poke out of. This tail can often be seen coming out from Claudi's collection of dark colored, calf length skirts. While shoes can be a bit of a divisive topic amongst vastaya, the Eclipse Child tends to favor knee length boots.

Eye color: Blue feline eyes

Measurements: 5'2 feet/158 cm 110 pounds/50 kilograms with an ectomorph build

Taunt: Claudi starts to play with a new toy before throwing it and it explodes into a bundle of confetti and firecrackers. "Don't take your eyes off me everyone."

Joke: Setting up a tea party, Claudi starts to play with their dolls and toys. "Mr. Cuddle Wuffles have you been introduced to Miss Colonel Deathstrike?! No, well she's a very huggable little lady. Yes you are."

Likes: "Steve" Nguyen (Best Friend) , Toys, Starry skies, Pretty clothes

Dislikes: Chopsticks, Superstition, Bullies, Getting wet

Quick Bio: Being born into the region of Mount Targon on the day of an eclipse is seen by the local religious groups as a curse. Luckily for Claudi he was born to a Coalitionist father who didn't believe in such superstitions. Stealing away the young vastaya from his mother's people, Dennick taught his child all he could about the world. As time passed and Runeterra entered the Age of Champions, Dennick journeyed to Kumungu early to rejoin the Coalition. Not wanting to leave their father's side, Claudi joined as well with the intent of helping the people who's stories he grew up on.

While training in the various fields of combat Coalition members must learn, the Eclipse Child showcased a mastery of reading people; both socially and on the battlefield. Knowing where his enemies would go allowed the feline to lead them into traps and crush them. Eventually gaining enough recognition that San herself took notice, Claudi was given the chance to undergo the trials of the champion. Managing to pass these tests, the vastayan child went to inform their father of their success when a thought hit them. All Claudi's life they had lived in relative isolation with their father and now realized just how unconventional their lifestyle had been. From their abilities to their personal style and the fact he was forced to leave everything behind to protect his child, Claudi felt self conscious for all their father had to go through. Approaching the older vastaya, Claudi asked their father if they had made them proud to which Dennick simply responded with "Always."

Base Stats: Health: 620-2404

Health Regen: 7-17.85

Mana: 390-1220

Mana Regen: 8-18.5

Armor: 22-110

MR: 30-52.1

MS: 335

AD: 54-115

Attack speed: 0.625

Bonus AS: 0-40%

Range: 350

Passive: Trap Tactics- (30-60 seconds based on level) Effective Radius:300/400/500/600

While Claudi is unseen by the enemy team they start to gain charges for Trap Tactics. If Claudi has a charge of Trap Tactics and walks near an enemy trap or ward then instead of being revealed a Blackout effect occurs; this hides Claudi from vision and doubles their damage wards and traps.

Total charges (1/2/3/4 with ranks into Ultimate)

Q: (11/10/9/8/7 CD) Mana cost:60/65/70/75/80 Range:750/Global Effective Radius:190/380 Width:120

Passive: Playful Attacks- Claudi's auto attacks strike in a line, piercing their targets and applying spell effects. Enemies on the outer half of the attack have their MR reduced by a Flat Amount for (3/4/5/6/7) seconds while enemies on the inner half are hit by the string and slowed.

Flat MR Reduction (10/15/20/25/30)

Slow (10-30% based on Champion Level)

Active: Catty Toy- Rolling one of their balls of yarn in a target direction, the first enemy hit is wrapped in the ball's hidden wires which causes them to be stunned and takes Magic Damage. Alternatively this ability can be detonated manually to cause the hidden explosive within to detonate, dealing massive AOE damage.

First Hit Damage (70/90/110/130/150 plus 45% AP)

First Hit Stun (0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5)

Detonation Damage (140/180/220/260/300 plus 90% AP)

W: (1 second Cooldown) (Recharge Time 22/20/18/16/14 seconds) Mana cost:70/75/80/85/90 Target Range:775 Effective Radius:Global Width:Convergence Hit Width

Crossed the Line- Animating two stuffed dolls, Claudi has them hold onto a tripwire between two locations. Enemy units that pass through the wire are dealt Magic Damage with Enemy Champions taking Bonus damage and becoming Stunned.

Non Champion damage (80/125/170/215/260 plus 60% AP)

Enemy Champion Damage (100/145/190/235/280 plus 100% AP)

Stun Duration (0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5)

Trap Duration (40/45/50/55/60 plus 10% AP seconds)

Trap Storage Amount (2/2/3/3/4)

Trap Limit (1/2/3/4/5)

Effective Radius:400

The dolls are visible while in vision and destructible; taking damage as if they were wards. If one is destroyed it will cause the tripline to dissipate but doing this will cause both dolls to explode; dealing Magic damage in the area around them.

Doll Health (3/4/5/6/7)

Self Destruct Damage (120/165/210/255/300 plus 120% AP)

E: (16/14.5/13/11.5/10 CD) Mana cost:55/60/65/70/75 Range:1300 Width:140 Speed:1300

Counter Meowgic- Trained in the art of counter assaults by the Coalition, Claudi throws out a doll infused with trap magic. Enemy projectiles are consumed while the ball is in flight.

Collision Radius:100 Empowered Effective Radius:200 Sight Reduction: 300

Upon reaching the edge of it's range or upon hitting an enemy an invisible trap will be spawned; either a single target Magic Damage Root if no projectiles were absorbed or an AOE Magic Damage smoke bomb that obscures vision if used successfully.

Single Target Damage (60/100/140/180/220 plus 35% AP)

Root Duration (0.75/1/1.25/1.5/1.75)

AOE Damage (85/125/165/205/245 plus 50% AP)

Trap Duration (40/50/60/70/80 seconds plus 10% AP)

Trap Limit (1/2/3/4/5)

Ultimate: (150/135/120 CD) Mana cost:125 Spawn Radius: 0-550 based on distance to Claudi Tether Radius:250 Collision Radius:150 Toy Movement Speed:300 plus 50% of Claudi's Movement Speed

Passive: Too Cute to Hurt- Claudi gains a Spell Shield every (80/70/60 seconds) when not taking Enemy Champion damage.

Active: Cat and Mouse- Feeling motivated, Claudi gains Bonus Movement Speed for 5 seconds. During this hyper state he will also begin to toss toy gifts to all the enemies around him; the toys will immediately start seeking out the nearest enemy champions to Charm them and deal Magic Damage.

If there are no viable targets around then the toys will seek out a nearby Brush or Choke Point to sit in wait. This causes them to grow bitter and upon an enemy champion passing them they will seek out their revenge; dealing bonus Magic Damage in exchange for their Charm.

Movement Speed Buff (10/20/30%)

Gifted Charm Duration (0.5/0.75/1 second)

Toys per second (1/2/3)

Gifted Damage (75/125/175 plus 40% AP)

Abandoned Damage (125/175/225 plus 80% AP)

Awaiting Vengeance Time Limit (1 minute/2 minutes/Indefinite)

 

XxxX

A/N I know it took a bit but I’ve been a bit distracted recently plus I want to get back into practice. I deeply appreciate all support on my works and even something as small as a comment can motivate me. This chapter has been stuck in my head for a bit not gonna lie. I would like to know if there are any champions or characters you’d like for the Coalitionists to encounter. Anyway this chapter was meant to introduce Claudi and the next will hopefully have our Cavalry ADC pairing. Anyways I hope you all enjoy, feel free to check out my other works, and if you have a favorite OC then show them some support in either my profile poll on FanFiction or on Strawpoll. Have a nice day.

Chapter 14: REscue

Chapter Text

A/N Welcome, welcome, welcome! This chapter is a bit of a special one in that Caleb isn’t in the main story part. I wanted to experiment a bit by using some of the others since admittedly they weren’t being given as much spotlight. They were supposed to be explored more in the dedicated Sleipnir stories but requests for that weren’t many. So for at least this one we don’t see Caleb and it was a nice change of pace. If the Conflation parts seem a bit crazy, remember that is part of the theme and I hope you all enjoy this newest chapter. Also it might not be spooky month anymore but if you could quickly read a One-shot I made for the holidays that would be nice. I’ll probably be updating Chapter 10 before the end of the year to see if I can add a Claudi, Khal and Cidra segment as well as redo Pumsha’s as I feel bad for the big guy; partially because he kind of got a boring one compared to everyone else and in the polls he’s the only champion without any votes. Anyways enough ramblings from me, I hope you all enjoy the chapter.

Staring: San, Claudi, Briar, Vex, Gwen, Annabelle, Sheriff Lariette Rose, Sultur, Steem, Domination, Vora, Solitude, Khal, Cidra, Conflation Caleb, Conflation Riven, Conflation Sona, Jessica, Ged, Conflation Elise, Conflation Vex, and Conflation NIta.

Cameos: Boisterous Host, Phantom Butler, Ghostly Paramour, Conductor Of The Mists, Ghastly Band, Camavoran Soldiers, Eternal Dancers, Blighted Caretaker, Yordle Grifter, Husk units.

XxxX

Once the concert has finished, the Hooded leaves with everyone who could use a teleport to get back home; all except for San and Claudi. Instead the pair enter an alley and find themselves a puddle of rain water. From there San pulls out a vial of blood and releases a droplet into the street water.

“So Claudi, did you have fun tonight?”

“Yes ma'am! I’d like to see one of Seraphine’s Piltover style concerts next time she’s having one.”

“I’m sure you’ll like that one as well. Now then, do you remember where you left your traps back in Noxus Prime?”

“Yep. Our target set off several of the dolls in the slums. As we speak she is running into more of them.”

“Excellent work my protege. Keep tracking her, I don’t want to waste any time introducing ourselves to our new friend.” San tells her protege with a smile as the puddle expands into a pool of blood. Taking one last look at Zaun, the pair step into the pool before it consumes them and reverts to normal afterwards.

CRSN

Popping up in the slums of Noxus, the pair walk towards the nearby sounds of growling. Finding Briar hanging upside down in an alley via tripwires, the two optimists eagerly set about freeing her. As they finish however the berserk blood golem doesn’t show appreciation for their efforts and attacks them. Punching Claudi back, Briar then leaps at San and kicks her in the head. Crushing the hemomancer’s skull, she then unleashes a Chilling Scream that sends the stunned woman flying out of the alley. Entering further into the depths of her Blood Frenzy, the Restrained Hunger leaps onto the woman’s still body and bites off a chunk of the Coalitionist’s neck. Preparing for the high of fresh blood in her mouth, Briar isn’t prepared for her mouth not being able to close. Instead the blood connecting the chunklet of flesh to San’s body forms a Bloodline and lifts the girl into the air. Claudi recovers shortly after to see their mistress’ head reforming while Briar is being choked on a gag of enchanted blood. Feeling their injuries healing and a burst of adrenaline, the Trap Master hops onto their feet to save both of them. Summoning their Catty Toys, they quickly use them to wrap around Briar’s wrist and legs.

“She’s restrained now maam, you can stop choking her. Please.” Claudi begs of his mistress, who takes a moment to blink, before letting Briar go. For the first time in her, admittedly short, life, the blood golem finds herself not enjoying the taste of blood.

“Forgive me for snapping just then Claudi, you too young lady. Now tell me dear, do you have a name?” San asks of the Noxian creation even though she already knows the answer. The hemomancer also takes a step back as Briar’s Pillory returns to her.

“My name is Briar and you have some really scary and weird blood. I’ve never met you two before, do you want to be friends?” She genuinely inquires of the two Coalitionists she just tried to kill and eat. Receiving a nod from his mistress, Claudi releases the hemomanic and rejoins San by her side.

“Yes, yes we do. We actually came here to give you an offer. I’ll give you food, blood, and help you explore the world, in exchange you live with me away from Black Rose spying and help me with some task. Sounds fair?” San delivers her ultimatum to the smiling girl with an equally toothy smile.

“Sounds too nice to be true. Are you two sure you’re not Black Rose agents? I’m warning you now that I’ve eaten a few of them since I’ve started exploring. Heck this one cool guy in a hood with knives sometimes leaves them behind for me to eat, although sometimes he leaves the knives behind too. I wonder if he wonders where he leaves them?” The pale girl thinks to herself before noticing some blood from an earlier snack on her fingers. Licking them clean, she sniffs a bit and notices that the woman’s wounds have completely healed.

“That man’s name is Talon deary. I am known as Foxy Grandma and this lovely person next to me is Little I-Rock Chocolate Fudge Them. But we’re more commonly known as San and Claudi.” San informs the newly self-aware being while pointing between herself and her protege. Taking a moment to realize that San is making a joke, Briar then starts to laugh and falls over.

“Hahaha! I get it. Those aren’t people's names. Hey, so new friends, do you have any food on you? Can I have some?” Briar asks while holding back tears and just like that San has acquired a new resident for her manor. Thinking that the two could use at least one more friend, the ancient mage begins to brainstorm and comes up with a plan to kill a flock of birds with one stone..

CRSN

“So what is this place? Seems umm spooky? Reminds me of my dad?” Briar rambles as she and Claudi wander the woods of the Shadow Isles. Spotting a ghoul hissing at her nearby, the golem greets it in kind and scares it off to her smug pleasure.

“You weren’t listening? { “Nope.” } Let me guess, thoughts about food? { “Yep.” } Briar you’re so silly. Anyways, this is the Shadow Isles and we're supposed to find another friend here; her name is Gwen.” Claudi explains as a toy up ahead alerts them and the Trap Master uses their magic to look through it.

Putting their finger to their lips, Claudi informs Briar to quiet down and their body language tells her to follow carefully. Eventually the two come across a strange porcelain mansion surrounded by a portal of hallowed mist. Cautiously approaching the oversized dollhouse, they stop when a twig snaps behind them and Vex appears.

“Hey normies I’m only telling you this because the Hooded might get mad at me otherwise, don’t stay in there too long. It’s boring and the place disappears after an hour.” Vex warns Claudi and their sort of cool looking companion. She then promptly tosses an explosive at some nearby trees where it explodes and causes several to catch fire with blue and white flames.

“She seems nice.”

“She is. Now then, shall we?” With that the pair skip inside, Claudi because they want to and Briar because she wants to emulate her friend. As they disappear behind the opulent doors of the Enchanted Manor, Vex retches at the sight before sitting down by the bonfire she made; strangely enough it feels like the Hooded’s energy attacks.

CRSN

Entering what can only be described as an Opulent Foyer, the pair of friends find themselves feeling a bit underdressed. The reason for this being that they seem to have arrived at a party of nobles and grand proportions. All around they gorgeously carved marble stairs, balconies, and pillars highlighted by gold and cobalt blues. Each guest is no less fancy as each is wearing dresses or suits of various shades of blues, golds, with ivory masks. Feeling like they don’t belong, the two prepare to slip back before a man with a teal ruff and matching hair spots them.

“Welcome honored guest!”

“Oh we weren’t invited sir. We’ll see ourselves out.”

“Do you have food?”

“Briar?!”

“Ohohoho, of course! This celebration is after all meant to celebrate lady Gwen’s accomplishments since coming to life. We aren’t many but those of us she helped free from the Mist still wanted to throw a revel unlike any other in the Isles. Now come, one and all to the celebration of an afterlife!” The Boisterous Host proclaims for the two living guests as well as his fellow spirits around him. Before Briar can rush up the marble and blue carpeted steps, Claudi grabs her pillory and stops her.

“We still need to be careful Briar, { “But ghost food?” } remember the portal goes away in an hour. { Now let’s see if we can find Gwen, and that food.” Claudi tells their new friend before racing her up the grandiose stairway. Bumping past the various rescued souls, the two arrive at the entrance to the ballroom and see hundreds of spirits all dancing together.

Declining a bulky Phantom Butler’s offer to take their pillory and poncho, Claudi and Briar make their way into the crowd to look for Gwen. Barely avoiding a pair of twins dancing, the two are quickly swallowed by the dancing crowd. Realizing what they need to do, the Trap Master reads the room’s movements and takes the Restrained Hunger’s hands into their own as best they can. Despite the girl having two left feet, she reads Claudi’s body language and starts to follow the Coalitionist’s lead. Ignoring the steps onto their toes, the Targonian actually enjoys the mass waltz and is surprised once more by how many souls Gwen has managed to recover. Aside from the ones on the dance floor, there are also plenty chatting along the several stories of walkways around them. Feeling one of Briar’s nails that are embedded in her feet almost cut their own, Claudi quickly dances the pair out of the dancing mob and lands them near the back with the band.

“How are we supposed to find her in this crowd? I don’t think my feet can take much more abuse.” The vastayan complains while taking off their boots to check as the Restrained Hunger takes a seat next to them. Briar’s thoughts however aren’t on her friend’s problems but rather a specific one she has.

‘Huh so that was dancing, never done that before. Now that I think about it I wonder if I can even eat ghost food. I’ve also never eaten ghosts before but I don’t think they have blood. Wait! I think I can smell some nearby and it’s not Claudi’s.’ The blood golem realizes before hopping onto her feet and following her nose. Using the bolts in her back, the Noxian creation flies into the air, and upon finding her target, dives towards her. Unbeknownst to any of the guests, the black mist has begun to leak into the Enchanted Manse.

“I don’t even know your name and yet I’ve rarely been happier. I feel like I could get lost in our dance forever and oh my!” Gwen squeals out as someone tackles her and the dancing stops. The Hallowed Seamstress is about to scold her attacker when the pale girl licks her face.

“Yep, that tastes like skin, magic too. Oh are you like me? Who made you? Wait, Claudi, is this the person we were looking for?!” A girl with white and pink eyes shouts across the ballroom before she stops straddling the enchanted doll. Watching as a cat person walks up to them, Gwen finds it quite shocking that other living beings have made it inside.

“She is, great job Briar. Oh, introductions. Hello Gwen, my name is Claudi and this is Briar. We’ve come here to become friends with you, my mistress thinks you’d make a good fit into our little entourage.” Claudi explains to the blue haired girl before they are moved aside by the Ghostly Paramour. Helping the lady up, he misses the glare from the Trap Master as the Targonian recognizes the face behind the mask.

“Thank you dear. If what you say is true then you shouldn’t be here, the living don’t last very long on the Shadow Isles. As for your request, I’ll gladly accept it. Now let’s enjoy the rest of the party.” She tells the two before the screaming starts and spirits begin to panic. All around the living trio, guests are floating towards the ceiling and balconies to escape the black mist entering the ballroom.

Those that prove too slow in their escape are enveloped by the evil mist and dragged away as spectral Camavoran Soldiers march into the room. Led by a woman’s ghost wielding a sword, the spear-wielding troops begin to march down the twin stairs of the ballroom. Their advance is rather hilariously impeded however when several of them trip down the last few steps. Furious at the display, Major Lucia looks down to see what happened and spots several toys holding a tripwire fleeing back to their maker.

“Gwen can you make me some yarn balls please? My wires are enchanted to fight magical beings but I could use some hallowed mist weapons.” Claudi requests the living doll before purposefully giving her a pair of spare yarn balls. They also retrieve a pair of light knives for Briar and a bundle of sheet music.

Gwen then watches as Claudi calmly walks up to the frightened Conductor of the Mist and their Ghastly Band. Giving each of the frightened spirits their copies of the song, the Trap Master quickly returns to the lady of honor’s side. Waiting a moment for her to turn the mundane strings blue, they then animate their tripwires through them to recreate the Targonian’s favored weapons.

“Sorry about that Gwen, it’s just my mistress wouldn’t forgive me if I didn’t at least try to have them play this song. I think she called it a Ballroom Blitz.and said it comes from another world. Ready Briar? { “I’m so going for their ghost eyes with these.” } Good, now then. Everybody attack!” Claudi shouts before the blood golem breaks off her pillory and they both rush towards the approaching soldiers. Watching her new friends so ready to fight for her hard work, Gwen can’t help but feel moved and prepares to charge as well when her hand is held.

“I’m sorry sir. We had fun but I just remembered that I’m still needed elsewhere. It was a lovely party though.” She apologies to the paramour before manifesting her scissors and needles. Giving the frightened crowd a wink, the spunky lady of honor charges forward to defend the Enchanted Manse as well.

“Well come on everyone, can’t you feel the anticipation in the air? With passion!” The Conductor of the Mist commands his musicians and with that the music and chaos begins.

Standing side by side, the company of Camavoran Knights march to meet the three foolish souls willing to challenge them. They are unprepared however when the middle one decides to roll a ball of yarn past their front line; they’re also unprepared for when it explodes and tears them apart in an explosion of hallowed yarn and enchanted wires. One of the leading captains isn’t even given a chance to react to this surprise attack as Briar flies at him and Head Rushes the specter. Dive kicking the enemy leader’s head off and straight into the soldier behind him, the Noxian enters a Blood Frenzy and starts cleaving apart any revenant unfortunate enough to get too close. Watching as the enemy berserker carves a path of destruction through her troops, the Major orders her troops to converge on her. She isn’t prepared for Gwen to suddenly appear on the opposing flank in a burst of Hallowed Mist. As the Hallowed Seamstress starts cutting down entire squads that charge her, she also makes time to impale her Needleworks into the Black Mist itself. This is a source of true concern for the invades as it forces their reinforcements to manifest further back. With each magical needle, the living start to push the evil dead out of the Enchanted Manse. Not giving up without a fight, the forces of the Ruined King surround the scissors wielder and rush her. Parrying one thrust and barely avoiding a back stab, Gwen summons another cloud of Hallowed Mist around herself. Through their obscured vision, the soldiers spot a small figure moving throughout the cloud and begin stabbing at the ground. Eventually one of them succeeds but instead of pulling up an impaled Gwen in her doll form, he finds a stuffed dragon holding some wire. The living doll’s return to human form outside of enemy lines is then heralded by a pair of explosions.

Above the dance floor, the crowds of terrified spirits have begun to cheer for the champions despite their fears. This moral support eventually turns physical as a boy’s ghost sees Briar about to have a spear thrown at her. Seeing she is distracted biting through a soldier’s helmet, the undead child picks up a Baked Camavor from a nearby servant’s platter and hurls it at the malevolent specter. Hitting her square in the face, the flaming dish messes up the attack enough that the Restrained Hunger can contort to avoid it. Witnessing that they can help, and knowing that they should, the various party goers begin to follow the young spirit’s example. Raising two platters of flambe dishes, the Phantom Butler slightly bemoans the future mess as guests encircle him. Sweeping another trooper’s legs as Gwen bisects another, Claudi is then treated to the sight of food, glasses, vases, and furniture, all made of Hallowed Mist, being flung by their floating spectators.

Several floors up, a lady finishes her drink before dropping her wine glass down onto an intruder’s face; just in time for Briar to then cut his legs out from under him. The hangry golem then spots some ghostly party food nearby and tries to eat it. To her annoyance it ends up simply going right through her and she takes it out on a nearby soldier by smashing a chair into their face. Seeing furniture works just as well on the Ruined King’s soldiers as her new knives, the berserker smiles and picks up a thrown table before charging in screaming into the discombobulated company.

As the band starts to pick up in tempo, some of the guests decide it’s a good time to test the intruder’s footwork. The first to lead the dance as usual are a pair of Eternal Dancers, carrying a flaming dish and pitcher of alcohol respectively. Seeing their first victim, the twins dance hand and hand towards the lonely soldier. Meeting their approach with a thrust, the girls simply pirouette away from his attack and each other. Eden then throws her pitcher at the soldier and shatters it’s contents all over him before Jennivee throws her dessert to ignite the intruder. His flailing form is then sent flying into a nearby wall when one of Claudi’s balls of yarn crashes into his head.

Watching the pair of dancers rejoining, the Coalitionist feels their communicator going off. Seeing they don’t have much time left before the portal to the Enchanted Manse disappears, Claudi waves down their two friends and points out the furious Major. With the undead commander struggling to keep her forces in cohesion, the vastaya nods to the blood golem and living doll so they know to end this with them. After a bout of screaming at her forces to cease acting like fools, Lucia hears the berserker unleashes a Chilling Scream before she and Gwen begin to force their way up both sets of steps; one swinging wildly with a table and the other Snip Snipping away. Ordering her troops to flank around the ladies, the Camavoran Soldiers find the ballroom floor and base of the steps barricades by all manner of traps from Claudi. With her forces routed and the two champions on the stairs nearing her, the Major shouts before pointing her blade at the vastayan and firing a bolt of Black Mist at them. To her shock, the enemy throws a stuffed pig at her magic which succeeds in absorbing her attack; it then keeps going and explodes Hallowed Mist all around her. This unexpected turn of events succeeds in covering for Gwen and Briar as their respective climbs and then rush the commander. Unable to see her foes, Major Lucia is unable to fight back as Gwen cuts off her legs and Briar pounces onto her head. Stabbing the undead in the head, the blood golem then rolls off her target as both of Claudi’s Catty Toys slam down onto them from the dance floor. With the Enchanted Manse cleared of enemies, the Coalitionist rejoins the two artificially made ladies at the top of the steps.

“Nicely done you two but we can’t celebrate now. The portal is closing in a couple of minutes. Gwen, would you like to come with us?” Claudi asks of the blue haired doll while taking in the collateral damage around them. Despite the various broken chandeliers, food, small fires, cracks and craters everywhere, the purified spirits still seem to be having a nice time and even gather to cheer for the champions.

“I’d be honored. Claudi and Briar. Plus if anything this fight has shown me that mine isn’t truly finished.” Gwen answers the Coalitionist before the trio start to race out of the decimated Opulent Foyer. Running down the cracked steps and past a fallen chandelier, the Hallowed Seamstress turns around one last time to see her Ghostly Paramour and the other spirits gathered to wave her goodbye before she briefly waves back and leaves the Enchanted Manse.

Emerging back outside of the Enchanted Manse’s pocket dimension, the trio arrive in the middle of a mystical wildfire raging across the nearby forest. Already in the span of an hour, the blue and white flames from Vex’s bonfire have spread while also warding off evil spirits. Gathered overhead now is a cloud of wraiths trying to claw at the fires below but any that get too close are ignited for their efforts.

“I keep telling you lady that the fire isn’t going to last much longer. So just take your dumb saplings and get out of here already.” Vex tells the treant currently ignoring her in favor of clearing a spot for her saplings. The Blighted Caretaker then takes a moment to chuckle before plucking one of the branches from her “hair” to give to the diminutive creature.

“Umm excuse me ma’am but she’s right. These fires aren’t natural and could go out at any moment. If I had to guess the person who made them was just testing them to see how they would perform. Don’t worry though because I’m sure the Coalition will be here soon and your saplings will be safe then. Until then please hide.” Claudi pleads with the ancient gardener before she reluctantly heeds their advice. Gathering up her saplings, she wanders off back into the forest but not before tearing off a burning branch to use as a torch.

“Ugh, so annoying. Anyway, are you guys done here because I could use a nap.” Vex complains to the trio before sitting under a nearby burning tree.

“Yep. By the way, Vex, these are Briar and Gwen.”

“Don’t care. Just make sure when you get out of here you tell the Hooded his stuff works. Damn this won’t work, I’m going to go find some ruins to sleep in. This fire is making things too bright.” Vex further bemoans to the group before opening a portal to San’s place for them. She then covers her ears as Briar starts to scream but it’s not long as her pillory quickly returns to her just as the Enchanted Manse’s portal closes.

“Fair enough, and thank you for the portal. Come on you two, you’re my friends now. We’re having soft tacos later.” Claudi tells the two ladies before taking their hands and leading them through the shadowy gateway. Arriving in a less fancy but more cozy foyer, the Trap Master quickly reaches into one of their pouches before throwing one of Vex’s favorite energy drinks back through the closing portal.

Now within the safety of San’s mansion, the trio slump over and take a breath as their night catches up to them. Sharing a laugh, Claudi then confuses both artificial ladies when they raise up a palm to each of them. Realizing quickly that they don’t know what a high give is, the Trap Master instructs them to clap their hands with theirs. Both of them then return the gesture in disappointing fashion, Gwen hitting too softly and Briar too hard. Still the vastaya is happy to have their new friends and can’t wait to help teach both of them about the word. They then wince and call for Annebelle to bring ice to their room while wondering what they should do first.

CRSN

Several days later while experimenting with synthetic bloods, San sees a pair of nearby vials moving. Reading their labels, she sees that the Coalition’s cavalry specialists, Khal and Cidra, are being hurted. Quickly moving to a nearby basin, the hemomancer pours out the couple’s blood and begins scrying. Unable to get an exact read on their location, she is able to however see murky images of an inn, demonic faces, a rose, and several pirate ships in the pool of blood. Coming to the conclusion that the Star-Crossed Dragoons were captured by demonic forces while investigating Sheriff Rose’s missing person reports, San prepares for battle. Returning the blood to their vials, she uses a syringe to draw her own blood before wrapping it in a paper with instructions for use. For her plan to work however, the ancient mage solemnly decides to send her home’s new residents to investigate in her place.

“Annabelle dear, would you kindly come to my laboratory? Bring me a Bilgewater 852 AN as well would you? { “Already here ma’am.” } Oh thank you. Now I need you to go tell Claudi and their friends something. Bring them this, tell their group to head to Bilgewater, and seek out Sherriff Rose. Tell them that Khal and Cidra are very likely in danger and I need them to investigate. Now if you’ll excuse me I must go to my casket and begin meditations for combat if they need me.” She orders the ghost maid before heading deeper into the manor to do just that. Just as she rounds the corner, the lady of the house quickly shouts back her wishes of luck to tell the trio and chugs her bottle of white wine.

Following her lady’s orders, the pink yordle spirit moves through the halls of the blood mage’s underground mansion in search of her protege. Eventually Annebelle hears the sounds of giggling and follows them towards the bath chambers. Knocking upon arrival, she waits several minutes for the ladies to be decent and then enters. Unsure of how anyone could do anything in a room flooded with steam and bubbles, she listens for the sound of voices and follows them.

“Wow, you really don’t have boobs under there, just fluff huh?”

“Briar!”

“No she’s right Gwen, but they’re still bigger than hers.”

“Syr Claudi, Lady Gwen, Lady Briar, the mistress of the house has a mission for you three; it is of the utmost importance. Khal and Cidra appear to have gone missing in Bilgewater and we need you to find them. I’ve also been told that apparently we have very likely encountered demonic elements in the area. I’ll tell you all the rest once you’re all proper.” Annabelle informs the house’s residents before leaving to gather Claudi’s gear. She also quickly sinks into the floor to open valves to release blood into the casket chamber.

“Well ladies, will you come along and help me save some of my friends? Demonic forces aren’t to be underestimated and can get pretty scary.” Claudi tells their friends before walking into a tube in the nearby wall. Before the Trap Master turns on the hair drying chamber, the artificial women agree to come along to the pirate city; if nothing else to see it for the first time.

CRSN

After getting dressed, the trio arrive at a butcher shop located at the Slaughter Docks via a blood pool. Exiting the shop, they are quickly confronted by dozens of wharf rats charging towards them. While Claudi and Gwen take a moment to think of how to handle the razor fins, Briar instinctively finds her own solution. Breaking off her pillory and getting onto all fours, the blood golem rushes towards the animals with her maw wide open. Sweeping them into her mouth, the Restrained Hunger takes less than a minute to swallow all of the creatures and digest them shortly after.

“Huh, neat.”

“Thanks Claudi. I kind of like this place, there seems to be all sorts of different blood around here. Oh, but the smell could use some work, very fishy and sticky. Can we buy snacks while we’re here? For the uhh tripe I mean.” The ever energetic assassin asks of her friends after her pillory snaps back on. Seeing no real reason not to, her friends simply shrug and decide touring the city is about as good as any way to find the missing Coalitionists or Sheriff Rose.

An hour later, Claudi, Gwen, and Briar eventually arrive at the Cutpurse Square. As befitting Bilgewater's biggest market, the artificial beings are dazzled seeing so many different merchandise in one spot. All around them are stalls with products ranging from blood oranges, to exotic pets, and firearms; each being sold by merchants eager to profit from anyone they can. The Hallowed Seamstress actually gets lured towards a stall that sells eye patches while Briar starts to eye a strange monkey creature in a cage nearby. Claudi on the other hand is tripping a pickpocket who is trying to take advantage of Gwen’s attempt to wear two products at once. Pulling the curious pair along, they ponder what to do here and eventually settle on climbing a nearby statue of Bilgewater’s crest to get a better view. From up here they spot a woman riding a purple sea horse before she dismounts to follow a white yordle with a fez hat. Using the Hallowed Mist to hide themselves and follow the law woman, the Trap Master quickly notices something wrong. It seems that the yordle keeps stopping just enough for Lariette to catch up to him before continuing his movement. Eventually all three parties find themselves heading down to the seedier lower parts of the docks. Pursuing the diminutive criminal through the twisting streets and canals of Black Market Grotto, the Sheriff follows her target into a tavern. Entering the Toothless Kraken as well, the residents of San’s domain find that the Demacian woman is already being coerced into taking a seat. Before they do anything too hasty, the trio decide to see if she can diffuse the Yordle Grifter and his group of thugs.

“Look, Lariette, I haven’t done anything wrong so why don’t you just leave me alone? I mean it’s either that or my boys here give you an early trip to the White Wharf. Neither of us want that hassle do we?” The grubby little creature threatens the bored looking woman. Seeing that the bounty hunter isn’t going to budge, he snaps his fingers so his pirate friends know to just hurt her; for now.

They aren’t given the chance however as from seemingly nowhere, a trio of strangely dressed women appear. Before the thugs can even draw their knives or pistols they are quickly knocked unconscious by the foreigner’s equally strange weaponry. Left with only one frankly potato shaped thug by his side, the Yordle Grifter attempts to try talking his way out of this spot. Unfortunately for him, Sheriff Lariette Rose chooses to instead just punch his lights out and ties him up together with the rest of his lackeys. Whistling in a shrill pitch, she calls for her steed but draws her sword when some of the other patrons stand up.

“All of you disperse now! I’m bringing in their bounties.” Rose shouts to the crowd before one of them gets a closer look at the vastaya who helped her.

“Piss! It’s the vastaya who took out Jack and his crew! Run!” The lanky man announces before the other patrons begin to flee the Toothless Kraken in a panic. Turning to the poncho wearing feline, Rose gives them a look of approval.

“Oh come on now, I didn’t beat them in singles combat or anything fancy. They just were really predictable and fell into my traps. Anyways, Miss Rose, I’m a member of the Coalition and apparently some of our friends disappeared while helping you. Can you give us a hint on what might have happened?” Claudi inquires of the vigilante before spotting an idol of Tahm Kench on the bar counter. With nobody around anymore to complain otherwise, the Trap Master animates a pair of toys to light it on fire.

“Oh so the Hooded sends more of his people to do his work for him? You know he used to be a badass when he was willing to do his own dirty work. I guess he’s too good for that too now. { “I’ve heard about what happened but…”} No, it's fine. I’m not going to take out my issues with him onto you or your friends. Now I can give you a map and point out the missing person’s locations like I did for them but I’m just as lost as you lot are.” She explains before giving them a map as promised. Kicking the failed group of ambushers awake and leading them outside, Rose quickly turns back to request one thing from the trio. “When you see him again, tell him I said go fuck yourself. Now move! You sorry lot.”

“Claudi, what did the Hooded do to make her hate him so much? From what you’ve told us of him he seems like such a nice person.” Gwen asks her possibly biased friend before she smells smoke. Noticing a fire on the bar counter, the Hallowed Seamstress decides outside is a better spot to get her answers and starts pushing her friends out the door.

“Hmm, I don’t know Gwen. She doesn’t seem to actually hate him more so is disappointed or sad? Her body language wasn’t actually that angry. Hey, do two ever wonder why it is when people ask about languages you speak body language isn’t one of them?” Briar notes and rambles about as a pair of dredge dregers walk past the burning establishment. Having never seen one of the strange goblinoids before, the golem tries to take off one of their squid hats only to send them running.

“Briar isn’t actually that far off Gwen. I don’t know the exact details about their history but I did hear some stuff from Steve and my dad. Apparently they were together in another “life” but she died badly so to keep her safe in this one he rejected her. Supposedly the Hooded was pretty brutal about it to make sure she stayed away.” Claudi tries to explain to the two artificially made beings. Seeing that they’d only grow more confused if they explained more, the Trap Master decides to abandon the conversation so they can continue their search for Khal and Cidra.

Despite searching all over, the party’s investigation proves unsuccessful and worse has brought them to the haunted docks of Grey Harbor. Despite recently being cleared out, the area still harbors an aura of undeath and with it now night the group decide to seek shelter. Finishing up some oranges, they eventually find a nearby inn and head inside. As they enter the Whale’s Tooth Tavern, Briar wonders why so many places have teeth in the name and ignores a nearby moving shadow. Following her friends inside, the Noxian looks around at the rustic design of the interior and various creepy graffiti decorating the walls. She also notes how sluggish the other guests are; the only exceptions being a lone blonde Zaunite woman crying in a corner booth and a bored Shuriman noble lady. Brushing this off, Briar takes a seat next to Claudi while Gwen gently nudges a groaning Freljordian shaman next to her. Soon a devilishly handsome man with pinkish skin and yellow eyes appears from down the nearby hall and mans the bar.

“Welcome new guests. If you are looking for warm fires on a cold night then you’ve come to the right place. My name is Sultur, I am the co-owner of the Whale’s Tooth Inn and your host this evening. What can I get you?” He asks before taking out a notepad from his purple, red, and black leathery suit. When the northern woman tries to reach a hand towards him, the innkeeper simply pats it before making her more comfortable next to her passed out companions; a Noxian soldier and a Ionia vastayan rebel.

“It’s not often you see so many different people in one place. Although it would seem that something might be wrong with the food and drink.” Gwen notes while poking the barely moving woman next to her. Seeing the tears in her bear skin cloak, the Hallowed Seamstress wonders if maybe some of the guests could use new clothes; especially the sad girl in the corner.

“Hmm it’s a good thing we ate before coming here then. Excuse me though sir, we’re looking for a couple. They’re a rabbit vastaya and a snake vastaya, a man and a woman. He has very big ears and she might have been wearing armor, maybe a metal mask. Are these ringing any bells? They’re names are Khal and Cidra.” Claudi inquires of the innkeeper who barely flinches when the Coalitionists’ names are mentioned. Briar notices this along with the Trap Master but ends up enticed by a sweet smell nearby; something delicious, something bloody, is nearby.

“I believe they stayed here yesterday but wanted to leave. Perhaps you may have just missed them. Anywho, if you all are done insulting our catering I suppose I can put you all up for the night.” { “Do you have bath?” } Of course sir, just go down the hall, take a left, and go down the stairs at the end.” He tells the Trap Master before going to fetch them a room key. Following their host’s directions, Claudi passes a slumped over yordle; meanwhile Briar slips past the kitchen doors to see what is making that delectable smell.

Arriving at an underground bathhouse, the Trap Master takes a moment to enjoy the smell of the humidity before spotting the silhouette of another person. They raise a glass of wine to the inn’s new guest before revealing themselves to be a large, muscular, gray skinned man. Thanking the stranger for pointing out the nearby changing rooms, Claudi starts to take off their panoply when something in the water catches their eyes.

“What’s wrong stranger, the water is a nice stinging hot. Trust me, I’m the employee of the baths after all. Name is Steem by the way.” The aforementioned Steem asks before pouring out a glass for the vastaya. Getting a disturbing feeling about this place, Claudi prepares to simply leave. “Would you happen to be looking for that couple from yesterday?”

“I never asked you. I never even saw you in the room I did ask about them.”

“Oh a clever one. Tell you what, you look cute enough for me to waste some time on so how about we make a deal? You join me for a drink and I tell you what I know.”

“I’ll have to refuse, Khal and Cidra wouldn’t want me hopping into a creep’s bath. See you never.” The disgusted and disturbed vastaya informs the bathhouse creep before trying to leave. Upon reaching the steps however, their path is blocked by the Shuriman woman in purple and gold from the dining area. “I wouldn’t recommend getting in the water with that guy, or getting in our way.”

“Oh my, Steem are you losing your touch? This one figured you out and they’ve barely been down here too long.” She jests at her ally’s expense before emitting an aura of dominance. Steem simply shrugs at her insult before gliding towards the edge of the water to pincer Claudi. “Tell you what sweetie, how about you be a good boy and get on your knees for me?”

“Sorry but I’m not your mother last night. Now get out of my way or I can’t guarantee you won’t end this night unharmed.” Claudi threatens the now laughing pair, all while hoping they sounded cool like the other Coalitionists. The disturbing pair’s response is to then have Dominance try to impale the vastaya only to be blocked by Catty Toys; this attack however gives Steem enough time to pounce from the pool behind the Trap Master and body slam into them. Repeatedly slamming the young champion into the stone ground, the demons fail to notice them breaking a vial in their hand before knocking the inn’s newest victim unconscious.

Snapping awake, restrained alongside their friends, Claudi looks around and sees the limp forms of the other guest in a circle around them. Spitting out some blood and a tooth, the Trap Master flings themself forward onto the spittle before they are grabbed by the hair from behind. Towering above them is Steem except he is now in his true form; a shadowy demonic mass with the only light coming from them being their pink eyes. Stabbing one of the bound Coalitionist’s eyes with a claw, the aquatic demon chuckles at Claudi’s pain before a disapproving noise makes them release the prison.

“Steem, you’re not supposed to hurt the guest before the mistress returns.”

“Something is off Sultur. She shouldn’t be taking so long to kidnap a pent up priestess.”

“It doesn't matter you smelly idiot. Evelynn wants all of the guests tortured together, especially with how exceptional these five are.” Dominance tells the demon of torture before looking to the others for support; each a dark reflection of their disguised selves. After all, if they break Evelynn’s toys before she gets a chance to play then the Agony’s Embrace might kill them.

“Steem, could I have that?”

“Sure Vora, here you go girl.” He tells the flesh eating demon before tossing her the vastaya’s eye to devour. Looking to her partner, he nods in approval with his now chitinous and armored features.

“Mmmmm! Enough talk! Summon the mistress so I may feast. Sultur please make them hurry!” Vora begs the innkeeper after getting just a taste of mortal flesh; he simply sighs at knowing it won’t be enough. Still the demon with her canine head and wild hair deserves a reward for her patience; as evidenced by her stab wound from Briar’s capture healing after consuming the eye.

“Down girl, Sultur get control of her before she snaps and eats the prisoners. I want my future husks intact so I don’t have to see you all any time soon.” Solitude complains to her fellow demons while tentatively poking the crack in her face. She decides to lead by example by starting to channel her power into the downed guest.

“Wait! Don’t do this. If you let us go quickly then you can still walk away. Fuckers this hurts. If you don’t then she’ll come looking for us and you don’t want to make her mad. Err, madder.” Claudi tries one last time to reason with the corrupting monsters around them. As the circle of bodies begins to glow, the five bound champions begin to rise and start screaming agony.

“Ohohoho, I hope Evelynn lets me keep you little boy; I do love your sense of humor. Listen to me if you can insect, we are going to torture you fools for the rest of your days. Once you’re broke we’ll move you and then no one will see you again.” Domination confidently tells the Coalitionist before grabbing his face to get a better look. While he is screaming in pain, to her annoyance and joy she sees no fear in the boy’s eyes; she hopes he can hold on long enough to personally break it.

While the ritual is making Claudi’s skin feel like it’s on fire, the Trap Master knows that they’ve done all they can to buy time. Time enough for San to find her blood mixed with their own and burst forth from a pool of blood. Sensing their pain, the hemomancer flies into a rage against the demons; gathering the spilled blood from around her into a whip and striking around her with such force it ignites. Once the foul cretins have fallen away from her fury, San uses her magic to break the circle of nearly depleted guests and send their forms outside of the inn’s front door. With the ritual broken and the demons temporarily in disarray, the ancient mage quickly unbinds everyone and starts channeling her magic into them.

“Wake up dears, it’s time to fight. Hemotherapy.” San casts to revitalize her allies and cleanse their bodies. Seeing her protege’s missing eye, she quickly forms them a new one to replace the one they lost. “Claudi are you in any other pain? You did good.”

“Forgive us Lady San, everyone else too. If Khal and I hadn’t been captured you wouldn’t have had to come here.” A towering snake woman tells her saviors with regret in her hazel eyes. Stretching inside of her stone armor, Cidra also takes the time to check on the blue flowers she keeps growing on her tabard.

“I apologize as well but I won’t apologize for our reason for being captured. We saw these people in need of help and thought we could escape with them.” Khal justifies to his fellow Coalitionists upon seeing how it is affecting his wife. He doesn’t have much time to worry about this however as the demons are rallying and the Shuriman doesn’t have his bow.

“Khal see if you can find your stolen equipment.”

“You two horndogs should really take a break and teach him how to summon his weapon. { “We know.” } Alrighty then ladies and Claudi, if we finish this fight quickly I’ll teleport us to Piltover and Zaun for a night out on the town.” San announces to her allies who respond with resounding joy before summoning their weapons. Smiling at her well received declaration, the master hemomancer turns to the enemy and gives them an additional reason. “It’ll also give me the best chance to find myself a lovely, sexy, office lady to leave bite marks on her ass. Seriously, I spent all day inside preparing for something big and touching grass doesn’t work for me anymore!”

‘This woman is as bad as Mistress Evelynn.’ The demons collectively think before Claudi and Briar scream, “Yeaaaah!”

“Thank you Claudi, you understand me so well. Briar you seem to have misunderstood me. Cidra and Gwen don’t look at me like that because my taste is great” She jokes about before getting serious and flaring her now blood infused claws. Transforming the tips of her wires into hooks, San makes sure everyone Gets Pumped before hooking Briar and throwing her at Vora.

Seeing the perpetual ball of violence that the blood mage has created, Sultur tries to pry the Noxian off Vora only for Gwen to Skip n’ Slash of a table forcing him to fall back. Steem then rushes towards Claudi in a wave of motion but Cidra sacrifices herself to push them out of the way. She is then dragged and slammed through the inn’s main hallway towards the baths below. The last thing the Verdant Dragoon sees is San helping up Claudi before she begins dueling Dominance and Solitude attacking the Trap Master; lashers clashing with bloody wires and toxic sludge melting animated objects.

CRSN

“I will greatly enough both you and your husband’s suffering snake. I’m thinking of flaying him and boiling for you.” Steem threatens the blue and yellow scaled vastaya before both come crashing through the bath’s door. Slamming her lance and an energy spear into the floor, Cidra manages to pry the writhing mass off of her before he can drag them into the waters.

“No one threatens my floppy bunny. For that I’m going to break you in both body and mind.” She counters before absorbing her energy weapon into an empowering aura as Steem rushes towards her again. This time she evades his charge before performing her own, hitting him shoulder first and sending him smashing into a wooden cabinet nearby. “Now shut the fuck up and fight.”

Taking her advice to heart, Steem picks up the broken remnants of the cabinet and hurls it towards her. Channeling her aura once more, Cidra bats aside the makeshift projectile before slamming down her feet and leaping at her foe. Thrusting her weapon forward, she barely misses the writhing demon and ends up with her lance embedded into the wall. Trying to take advantage of her failing, Evelynn’s underling swipes at her and rakes his claws across her armor. When he goes in for another however, the vastaya manifests a warhammer out of energy and slams it head on into the demon’s claws. Crushing the fingers on his right hand until they’re bent backwards, Cidra then picks up Steem and tackles him through a stone pillar. Both are sent sprawling after that and when the Coalitionist stands back up she sees her foe flipping into a handstand. It is then that the tentacles comprising Steem’s lower half transform into lashers that begin to rapidly flail at the woman. Summoning her lance and an energy spear, Cidra quickly flees into the nearby changing rooms while trying to parry the oncoming onslaught. Taking a moment to catch her breath, the Verdant Lancer’s reprieve is short as Steem’s lashers begin to stab randomly through the wall separating them both. Dismissing her lance in favor of another spear, Cidra begins to rapidly twirl them to batter aside any of the demon’s wild attacks as she waits for an opening. Eventually one such opportunity arises as a particularly durable wall stud catches along one of the tentacles. Using the ensuing cover of debris and dust, she resummons her lance and hurls it Steem; impaling him in the stomach and sending him crashing into the bathing pool. Cautiously approaching the body of water, the vastaya hears his gargled screams of rage before the pool begins to boil. Barely avoiding a burst of scalding water, the Noxian decides a chance in the environment or reinforcements is the best option and begins to withdraw. She is halfway towards the stairs however when a crashing sound is heard and a tidal wave of boiling water is sent towards her. Bracing herself for the impact, a gentle and fluffy hand on her shoulder lets her know it’s going to be okay. This promise is fulfilled as Khal has arrived and channeling via his long, floppy ears and breath to freeze the wave into a wall.

“Sorry I’m late my love. It seems that each demon’s room is filled with the trophies of previous victims, so it took me a bit to find this.” Khal informs his wife as he returns her helmet to her and pet’s her head with one of his ears. Taking one long look at her beautiful face, before she puts on her metal mask frozen in a perpetual state of hissing, and then turns to the wall of ice which is beginning to melt. “Was he a problem for you?”

“Honestly no, especially now that we aren’t in danger of being ganked again. Definitely not now when you’re here my floppy bunny. Although now that we’re talking it kind of ruins a comment I made earlier.” Cidra jokes to her lover while taking in his fuzzy and sandy features before he wraps his prehensile ears around his face. Checking his leather armor so it’s comfortable against his robes, Khal lets her check on the flowers she put on his bracers and she smiles at seeing them healthy. “Now then, let’s Ride Out Together!”

As the barrier is melting from his waves crashing against it, Steem prepares another large one to destroy it. Gathering the water needed, he briefly stops upon seeing a glowing green light behind the ice. Suddenly Cidra’s lance smashes through the remains of Khal’s wall but the demon is able to backhand it aside. This is to plan however as it is merely a distraction for the ensuing volley of energy javelins and ice infused arrows. Raising his own barrier of water to block the projectiles, the monster watches as it begins to freeze before shattering. With the icey block gone, he sees that Khal is channeling his magic and looks up to see a massive tomb of ice forming overhead. Attempting to flee into another pool, his escape is cut off when Cidra rushes towards him and tackles them both back into the water. Thrashing violently to escape the incoming attack, Steem finds himself stabbed by Cidra’s lance before prying her off. Reasoning that her husband might delay his spell if she’s not able to escape it, the demon slams her into the bottom of the pool, punches her repeatedly, and then starts to swim up. His escape is cut short however as suddenly he is stabbed by one of the Noxian’s flowers which, after she channels some magic into, begins to rapidly grow until it’s roots bind him to the pool’s floor. Evelynn’s minion barely has time to roar in frustration as he is tearing away at the ever growing vines and roots when an arrow hits him in the back. This marks him as the spell’s target and the glacier falls down to meet him. Steem’s attempted escape has now put him in prime position to take the brunt of the attack and it begins crushing him. Seeing as Steem is both locked down and stunned, Cidra begins to channel her magic and strength before like a hippopotamus she jumps off the pool floor; shattering it and rocketing herself upwards. Summoning her lance back to her hand, she slams her weapon home into the demon’s chest and smashes both of them out of the icey tomb. In agony and desperate to escape back to it’s precious water, the demon of torment tears the woman and her lance from it’s chest. As it begins undulating towards the hole in the ice, Khal blows and creates a walkway to start raining magic infused arrows into the creature. The last thing Steem sees before it is completely entombed in frost is Cidra shattering it’s frozen hands with an energy warhammer and picking it up. Looking up at the demon’s now frozen face, the Verdant Lancer channels her aura of strength and performs a brain buster against the bathhouse’s now frozen floor; smashing her foe’s head apart.

“Told you this would be easy with the two of us. Now let’s get the fuck out of here love.”

“Couldn’t agree more.” Khal tells her before an explosion is heard from the main area upstairs. Leaving Steem’s now melting corpse behind, the pair hope they can arrive in time to help their allies.

CRSN

While the Star-Crossed Dragoons are off fighting steam, the others have been engaged in an all out brawl with the rest of Evelynn’s brood. Weaving past San’s wires and Domination’s lashers, Gwen chases after Sultur who has started fleeing upstairs. Reaching the top of the steps, the demon of decadence turns around and swipes his claws back at the living doll. Gwen then skips back down a step to evade the attack before empowering her scissors with hallowed mist and thrusting them at the innkeeper. He surprises her by catching the shears mid-attack before splitting his nearly featureless face to reveal mandibles. She is then forced to jump backwards all the way off the staircase when her opponent starts to breathe fire. Enveloping herself in Hallowed Mist, Gwen is shocked to see the torrent of flames still aiming towards her. The Hallowed Seamstress barely has time to jump to a nearby table to evade it and then once more to avoid Vora and Briar’s ball of violence. Quickly patting out some flames on her dress, the living doll barely pays attention as a red line slithers between the two ravenous creatures. Instead she concentrates on creating Needleworks and firing them at the demon on the walkway above. Corralling him towards a pillar, Gwen then takes advantage of Sultur’s ignorance and phases several needles through his makeshift cover; piercing his right knee and left shoulder. Roaring in pain, the demonic innkeeper skitters onto the ceiling and releases another torrent of fire below.

Claudi, feeling the increasing heat, animates a pair of tables to shield both Gwen and themself from Sultur’s attack. They then barely raise it in time to act as a shield when Solitude launches a launch of toxic sludge at them. When the demoness does it a second time, the Trap Master stops it with Counter Meowgic which then explodes into a smokescreen that envelopes the entire inn’s main area. Surrounded by smoke, fire, and hallowed mist, Claudi ignores this fog of war and focuses once more entirely on Solitude who has cocooned herself in a barrier of hazardous materials. Any toys that try to enter the fiend’s range quickly are broken down and she is slowly approaching. Needing to find her weakness, the Targonian starts to animate various objects from around the establishment and have them fly at her. While organic materials rot away, they do notice how the demon has to use her lashers against things like glass bottles, metal cups, and rocks. With this new information, Claudi comes up with a plan and sends out their Catty Toys.

Unsure of what the vastaya is doing, Solitude attempts to bat aside the incoming yarn balls but they perform an impossible turn to evade her attack. Watching as one of them curves around a nearby support beam, the demoness tries to impale it on a lasher only for it to avoid her once more. It’s counterpart then flies past her head and the two weapons bounce off each other in opposite directions before flying to wrap around another pillar. Realizing something is wrong, Sol tries to think about what is happening when tankards start barreling towards her face. Briefly annoyed at Sultur for even having these, Solitude gradually grabs and crushes each of the containers. Her instincts then alert her to one of the effeminate boy’s weapons coming from behind her and jumps over it as it passes between her feet. Finally reaching her limits with the annoying mortal, she resumes her advance towards her prey only to trip. Seeing a pair of stuffed paddlemars holding a tripwire, Solitude hisses at them before dissolving them both in a deluge of waste. Before she can scramble back onto her feet, more toys appear to try tying her down with wires. Unfortunately the diminutive creations aren’t able to hold on and over a dozen are instead dragged into her barrier and dissolved. Hearing a strained noise coming from the vastaya, Sol turns to face them and while they do look pained they are also smiling.

With the trap in place, Claudi calls out to their mistress who notices their plan and strain. Now empowered by the ancient mage, the vastaya uses their enhanced strength to tear the wooden and stone pillars wrapped by their Catty Toys down. The demoness’ expression changes from one of confusion to shock as the roof proceeds to collapse onto her. While the wooden beams are mostly stopped by her barrier, the stonework starts to crush Solitude and buries her in the rubbles. Sensing that she is still alive even under all of that, Claudi jumps and slams down their makeshift meteor hammers into the improvised prison. They then channel as much power as they can into the explosives contained within the Catty Toy’s and finish off the personification of loneliness in a bright blast.

“Excellent work Claudi, just hang on a moment woah!” San exclaims as a momentary lapse in concentration allows for Domination to whip across her face with a lasher. In spite of having her right eye and a chunk of her skull torn out, the ancient hemomancer isn’t upset by this; she is however absolutely furious that some of her hair was torn off during the attack. “Oh ho ho ho, you little bitch. I’m going to enjoy killing you now.”

The hemomancer informs the demoness before her as her wound reforms into a horn with her fragmented eye transforming into three amidst the sinews. As Domination attempts to impale the mage, she instead is whipped across the face by San’s blood whip and has her left horn cut off. Smirking at the creature’s matching wound, San walks to help an exhausted Claudi when she is suddenly impaled through the stomach. Not even paying this wound any mind, the Coalition’s Head of Administration’s body forces out the offending tendril and with the viscera actually forming into a lasher of it’s own.

“Lady San, you’re hurt.”

“I’m fine Claudi, I haven’t survived and lived this long to die in a shitty, one star tavern like this. Now how are you doing kiddo? You put a lot into that last attack; too much?”

“I’ll be fine… just feeling a bit out of mana is all.”

“Good to hear. Drink this potion then and just relax for a bit. Once you think you’re ready, go help the others, now if you’ll excuse me I’ve got a bitch to put in her place.” San comforts her protege before giving them a blue vial. Catching a glimpse of Khal and Cidra down the hall, Claudi mentally promises to fix their mistress’ hair as she returns to her duel.

“San! Claudi! Allies, are you okay? Cidra, get back!” Khal shouts before slamming into Cidra to stop her from entering the main area as a gout of flame passes the hallway entrance. Despite not even budging his towering partner, she still coos a bit at his effort to protect her and rubs him on his back.

“I’m fine you two just resting for a bit. Help Briar if you can, I’ll help Gwen in a bit. Let lady San fight her own battle.” Claudi instructs the two returning cavalry specialists before stumbling to their feet. Seeing a beam falling towards the young vastaya, Cidra rushes forward to pick them up while Khal forms an ice wall to stop it.

Spotting the newly formed barrier, Gwen skips behind it and takes cover alongside the Coalitionists. Getting an idea as Sultur begins to focus his efforts on melting the wall, Cidra whispers it to her husband before running back down the hall. As their cover is almost depleted, the trio split up with Khal firing away at the ceiling alongside Gwen’s Needleworks. Eventually the champions are able to force the demon of decadence into taking cover back on the upstair’s walkway. Dodging the Hallowed Seamstress’ ghostly needles, the innkeeper breathes down another torrent of fire and Khal jumps forward to form an icey shelter around the lady and himself. Now trapped in one spot, Gwen thinks that the rabbit vastaya has made a miscalculation but the Night’s Grasp knows better. Channeling their magic into keeping up the bunker around them, he holds out long enough for the sound of distance crashing to start. Distracted by trying to kill the persistent prey before them, Sultur fails to properly notice the approaching sound before it’s too late. Suddenly from behind the insectoid demon, Cidra burst through the wall holding a wardrobe in front of her. Ramming into the fiery fiend with the piece of furniture open, the Verdant Lancer sends them both over the walkway’s railing and plummeting to the floor below. Feeling the force of the crash, Khal lowers the shelter and lets Gwen loose to finish off the demon. Trying to escape the impromptu tomb, Sultur begins unleashing flames inside of the box and forces Cidra to leap off as it rapidly heats the furniture. Not wanting him to escape, Gwen unleashes all of her Needleworks at once to help bind him inside. Both of the Star-Crossed Dragoons also aid her as well in keeping the enemy sealed; Khal breathing ice to keep the wardrobe from incinerating and Cidra jumping back on to keep it from shaking so much. Jumping onto the makeshift prison, Gwen enlarges her scissors and begins to Snip Snip at the trapped creature. Inside of the wardrobe, Sultur increases his fiery outburst while forming blades onto his arms to try and keep the magical sheers from closing on him.

Hearing Sultur’s screams as he is being overwhelmed, Vora snaps out of her frenzied battle with Briar enough to throw the golem away. As the ravenous Noxian is sent flying over the bar counter, the demon feels as if a part of her was torn away as well. Looking down at the snapped Bloodline San slipped between them, the flesh eating creature ignores the pain of her flesh being ripped to go help her partner. Rushing forward on all fours, the canid headed demoness fails to notice a tripwire and falls forward. She is then swarmed by hordes of Claudi’s toys, each of which is bitter enough to now be wielding shards of glass, nails, utensils, and anything else they can in their small, homemade hands. Stabbing under her feet, throwing bottles at her head, putting nails under her claws, the doom bound creations do everything they can to harass their maker’s opposition. The toy army soon starts taking losses, heads bitten off, a newly formed blade arm cutting them down like wheat, and lashers impaling entire squads at a time. Despite these casualties, reinforcements arrive for the animated troops shortly after when a hemolith smashes into the back of Vora’s head. Flying forth on jets of blood and madness, Briar slams into the enraged demon and sends them spiraling across the tavern. Seeing a chance to finish the perpetual conflict that lands near her, Gwen allows her left arm to be severed at the elbow. As the dismembered limb falls, Xolaani’s former life bearer does two things to turn the tide. One, she snatches her fallen body part and forms the blood pouring from it into a blade, and two, from her open wound the hemomancer forms sinews and veins into tentacles to act as a replacement limb but not before they flick several drops of blood into Briar’s open mouth.

As the ancient hemomancer’s blood touches her tongue, Briar’s wild red eyes contract and everything seems to slow down. Ignoring how Vora is using her pause to flip the blood golem so she is straddling the Noxian, Briar instead focuses on this new feeling; it is satiation. Watching as the demoness snaps down to bite around her neck, the vampiric girl calmly unhinges her jaw and unleashes a surprise Snack Attack on her enemy’s maw. Biting down with enough force to tear off the demon of voraciousness, the Restrained Hunger contorts to wrap her feet around her foe’s neck and throws her off. Hopping onto her feet, the blood soaked girl walks forward to get a closer look at the personification of what normally consumes her. She then looks it right in it’s hateful and pained eye before slamming both of her blood daggers into them.

At around the same time that Vora dies, Gwen is finally able to wear down Sultur’s defenses and bisects him. With the rest of Evelynn’s brood now destroyed, Domination wonders how could have so badly lost control of the night. She stops this thought however as the answer stands before her and is now punching her in the face with an arm of tentacles. New thoughts of surrender cross her mind despite it being anathema to her very being before she realizes that’s exactly what she did with Evelynn. Looking into the ancient mage’s eyes however she doesn’t find amusement, only a promise of death. These promises edge closer to reality as the woman’s weaponized arm manages to cut off a lasher before it’s bloody imitation disembowels the demon.

“Everyone, we’re done here! Gwen love I’d like some quick stitches once I join you all outside. Claudi dear please set up explosives around the establishment if you can, I want to destroy this place myself.” San orders her friends before turning to the mortally wounded demon. Tossing her amputated limb to the seamstress, the Hemomancer Healer turns the tips of her glove’s wires into sickles before embedding them into the creature’s tendons.

“Human, if you are still one, please tell me one thing before you finish me. Who are you? Which of your species has managed to become as depraved as Evelynn herself?” Domination inquires as she feels a foreign sensation entering her form.

“My name is San, just San these days. Hahaha, I suppose that’s actually flattering in a way; not that it’ll save you. Now if you don’t mind I’ve got an appointment with a bottle of wine and hopefully a pent up lady.” The ancient mage tells her foe with a smile before she gives a command to her blood inside of Domination. Screaming in agony, the fiend barely has time to do so before shapes resembling Xolaani’s Bloodletters burst from all over her infested body. “I’m not normally this cruel, but you messed up my gift from an old friend.

Nodding at the now fading corpse, San returns to normal, save her missing arm, before she heads to the bar. Stealing herself a bottle of Ixtal 540 AN, the mage starts chugging it while watching Claudi’s remaining toys fleeing the premise. The last one to try leaving, and the one carrying the detonator, is a doll version of the vastaya’s mistress which she promptly picks up. Letting the animated creation ride in one of her apron’s pockets, San picks up a bottle of Targonian 754 AN and walks out with the remote in hand. Destroying the building as she leaves, the Hemomancer Healer finds Claudi sending a message before they collapse from exhaustion. Giggling to herself, San looks upon her friends who aren’t in a much better state; except Briar. The Restrained Hunger is instead trying to fish like a bear in some nearby water before her pillory flies out of the collapsing inn and shackles her.

“Aww, I was this close to catching fresh food. Hey San, what did you do to me back there? It felt… weird, in a good way?” Briar questions her host before taking a seat to scratch her head using her foot. This earns a smile from the Shuriman who starts to distribute potions and revitalize the others with Hemotherapy.

“It was just a couple of drops of my blood, which must have made you feel full. { “That’s what it’s like?!” } Yep. I’ll tell you what. if you stay a good girl then I might give you some more. { “Really?” } Sure and don’t think of just eating me okay because nobody else is as finally aged or tasty as me; except maybe your so-called dad or a darkin.” San tells her new friend before Gwen starts to apply stitches to her wounds. While she prefers the Hooded’s Coercion lines, the master healer is just as capable of getting her arm together with the hallowed mist threads.

Seeing Sarah and Rose’s crews coming to handle the drained guests, San leaves them a note telling them to give the victims fondue. She then takes out a vial of blood and draws a circle in the air to make a portal. After all, the mage promised her people a night out on the town and one to herself.

XxxX

Conflation Episode 10

Traveling the sand worm inhabited deserts of Taetera via dune buggy, Riven finds herself with a problem. The chalkydri admittedly was a bit naive but she truly thought once her age issue was solved she would be able to understand Sona. As it turns out either the magus is crazy or shares a truly unspoken bond with the mute to speak for both of them.

“This sucks! I get that the locals wanted one of us as insurance until the job was done but why did they have to pick Caleb? You don’t think they did it on purpose do you? Oh who am I kind probably, hope he’s okay. Or maybe I’m just looking for an excuse to be upset about how we don’t know how to talk to each other; plus I thought it would be my first job with him.” Riven whines to Sona who is just trying to not melt from the heat. Seeing her lamentations just flying over the slime’s head, the driver decides to just enjoy the sunlight and the journey.

CNMU

Back at the planetary palace, Caleb is trying to make the best of his time dangling from a pair of antimagic shackles in the dungeon. Admiring the sandstone wall in front of him, the magus thinks back on the job’s meeting and wishes he had just gone with the ladies. His boredom is alleviated when the cell door opens and he is reminded of how much the local ruler erks him. The smug man has even only brought the dungeon master along in a show of arrogance. Sensing a monologue coming along, Caleb starts tapping his foot against the wall.

“I trust the accommodations are to your liking? After all, I wouldn't want anything less for the infamous Caleb Fleetfoot? { “Eh, could use the wifi password.” } Cocky peasant. Just wait until the Mageseekers arrive and I hope they send me a tape of what they do to you. { “Kinky.” } You idiot, a simple trap of a bounty and you fell into a trap.” The portly man in green and black robes taunts to try and irritate the Durandi. At that moment, the magus receives a reply to his tapping and turns to face the boring man.

“You know something, I wonder if I can get out of here and rob the place before my lady friends get back. I mean I could wait for them to free me, and they could, but I’m getting bored with you.”

“Ha! Without magic? Also I hope they return as well, such pretty things.”

“Wow you just like looking like an ass don’t you? Okay chief I’m going to level with you, whatever fantasy you’re having isn’t happening; in this lifetime or any timeline. I mean Riven can call down the sun and I wouldn’t recommend sticking anything worth losing near Sona. Tell you what, I’ll play along a bit more so you can tell me why you’re doing this.” An increasingly annoyed Caleb requests of the fat man before tapping again. This time he gets back a funny joke but holds in his laugh so the plan can work.

“Aside from the reward for you being handed in alive? Well nothing personal I assure you. I simply want those mage hating fools in my debt so they can solve some of my issues. { “It’s okay, ED is surely common in your family.” } Silence! If your bitches kill off that demon kidnapping women then I don’t have to deal with it. If not then I can hand you off and demand it’s removal from the Mageseekers. I can’t lose!” Dale confidently states before the ground tears open and he is devoured by a sand worm. Spitting on his hand cuffs, Caleb tears himself from the wall and then taunts the jailer into hitting him. When the lanky man tries to punch his face, the magus Spectral Dashes past his would-be warden and kicks him into a wall.

“Ha! Told you that acid gland had its uses Sona. Now then, let’s hope this place doesn’t have too many deadlocks.” He mutters to himself before summoning his engineering tool and sending out a signal to open all the dungeon’s doors. As the now freed prisoners are busy revolting, Caleb rushes upstairs and hopes that the girls are okay while he begins his search for the castle treasury.

CNMU

Unaware of the ongoing revolution, the non-human members of F. M. I. E. have arrived at their destination. Walking up to the blue beach house’s front door, Riven decides the best approach would be to kick it down. This fails spectacularly as she slams her foot into the door, almost breaks it, and lands on her ass. Shaking her head in disappointment at the woman’s amateurish attempt, Sona simply traces her acidic finger around the sections with potential locks. Hearing the seals falling onto the floor, she calmly pushes open the defenseless door before throwing a globule of healing slime onto Riven’s foot.

Exiting the desert heat, the pair find themselves inside of an air conditioned house filled with aroma candles and floors covered in flower petals. Walking through the surprisingly pleasant demonic den, the investigators eventually find their kidnap victim relaxing on a pink heart shaped bed. Approaching the Lunari Priestess in her dimly lit bedroom, they close the door behind them before waking her up.

“Oh my, are you two here to see Slxylith as well? I’m not interested in a group-some for my first time so you’ll have to wait. Being pent up sucks but I was here first after all.” The woman tells the two strangers before fixing her pink shirt. Both hired guns give her a look of disgust before look at each other and shaking their heads.

“She’s definitely not pent up and I’m working on it in my own way. So would you mind explaining to us why you’d go to a friggin demon to solve your umm issues?” Riven inquires of the willing kidnap before Sona climbs into the bed. The chalkydri then wonders briefly why the slime starts bouncing up and down before brushing it off.

“I wanted to go out on my own terms. { “Elaborate.” } I’m supposed to marry one of the king’s sons but I didn’t want to. I also knew that I couldn’t just go back to the Lunari since they expected me to do that. So I figured screw it, literally, and went to find a demon I heard roamed the desert; bonus points for it being a pleasure demon.” The white haired priestess confesses before snapping towards a nearby chair. Riven sees what she wants and throws her a pair of jeans to put on.

“Caleb told us about that creature, he says it’s a demon that lures in people who can’t stand not getting laid and eats them. So smart choice. { “Bite me.” } Anyways we need to get going so we can help him and get paid. Heh, he’s probably destroyed the place by now and might be coming here himself.” Riven informs the false captive to see if she changes in mood. She smiles as Selene realizes how dumb she’s been acting; it also helps that her arranged marriage is probably canceled now anyways. “You can tag along and we’ll try to set you up if you’d like.”

Seeing the merit in Riven’s offer, the Lunari is happy to accept this arrangement but Slxylith isn’t and reveals itself. Crawling out from underneath the bed with humanoid arms, the blue and yellow centipede-esque creature screeches at the intruders. It then curls up into a ball and begins to glow with red markings across it’s chitin. Quickly grabbing the priestess and dashing to the side, Riven and Selene barely avoid the monster as it rapidly rolls past them. Tearing up the tiled floor as it goes, Slxylith slams through a table with a bucket of champagne before bouncing off a wall to turn around. Needing to summon her blade, Riven pushes away the priestess before being slammed into the ground by the demon. Unfurling on top of the chimeric woman, Slxylith unveil’s it’s massive tongue to start straggling her. Watching as it ignores an acid attack to it’s shell, Sona grabs a nearby lamp and swings it underhanded into the being’s face. Riven then takes the chance to catch her breath before summoning her sword to bisect the demon at it’s midsection. Instead of dying, Slxylith simply abandons the lower half of it’s body and skitters towards Selene. She tries to crawl away but is pinned down and dragged under the monster. Crying for help, the priestess is silenced by her assaulter's tongue and her body starts to become absorbed into it. Rushing forward to stop the tasteless scene, Riven is smacked away by the creature’s tail end but Sona is able to avoid it by becoming a blob. Climbing onto the demon’s back, she transforms her arms to match Caleb’s transformed one and tries to pry Selene away from one of the segments consuming her. Lacking the raw power to do so however, the slime changes her strategy and instead increases her corrosiveness before cutting off Slxylith’s tongue. Rearing back in agony, the demon leaves itself vulnerable to a decapitation by Riven. Now just a head, the creature still refuses to give up and latches onto the swordswoman’s shin. Feeling it bite it’s way up her leg, the chalkydri tries to pry it off and upon failing calls for help. Smashing it with chairs, a table, and Riven’s knee once it crawls over it, the trio are eventually able to leave it stunned and squirming on it’s back. Exposed and weakened, Riven finishes Slxylith off with a thrust through it’s remaining form with her massive blade.

“Ouch, my leg’s going to be killing me for a bit. Huh, I suppose it’s better than those people. Help me up so we can get the fuck out of here.” An exasperated Riven asks the others before taking one last look at the demon’s decaying segments. Leaving the skeletons of it’s past victims behind, the two hired guns give Selene their dune buggy and a case of money. As she drives off to live her own life, they then wonder how to best get to the castle when a sandcrawler drives nearby.

CNMU

“Alrighty then, now how am I going to move all of you with me? Sure I could put you all into a pocket dimension but the vault is radiating an antimagic field.” Caleb wonders while looking at the dozens of duffel bags filled with loot. His answer soon arrives in the form of a massive sandcrawler crashing through a nearby wall.

“Hey tiny, what are you doing down there? Why don’t you put the money into the cargo bay so we can go world hunting.” Riven calls down from the control deck while Caleb chokes on dust from the debris. Chuckling at her bad joke, the magus and his cohorts quickly load up the entire vault’s payload before backing up.

“You’re only an inch taller than me and it’s by my choice. Anyways you’re right Riven, let’s see if we can find a new home.” Caleb comments as they drive away from the exploding castle. While the non-humans ponder which place to settle, their human companion thinks about who to call to help build their new headquarters.

XxxX

Conflation Episode 11

On a scenic route by a forest a traffic jam has the F. M. I. E. crew sitting bored in their convertible. Wondering what is taking the driver in front of them so long, Riven steps out to investigate. When she looks into the truck’s window she sees a monkey man looking terrified and follows his line of sight. In front of the line of cars is a goose in the middle of the road pecking at dirt.

“Riven, get back in the car, now!” Caleb shouts at the chalkydri after peaking out to see what she was doing.

“What why?”

“”We need to go, Sona start the engine!”

“Are you serious, it’s just a fucking goose! Move it you little cretin.” Riven commands of the avian demon before poking it with a stick. Hearing it honking at the woman in annoyance, Caleb panics and uses a Coercion line to yank her back into the car.

“Drive! Free Bird it now Sona!”

With that the slime slams her foot onto the pedal and drives onto the nearby closed road; the goose in it’’s maliciousness starts chasing after them. Quickly hitting triple digits on the speedometer, the trio’s car smashes through warning signs and construction cones. Sending the car flying over a collapsed bridge, Sona lands them onto another section of interstate and heads into oncoming traffic. This doesn’t deter the feathery monstrosity who then starts to contort it’s body to evade Caleb’s bolter rounds. Ignoring the screams of civilians as they crash all around her while she narrowly avoids them, the hired gun swerves the car to go off road and begins to drive up a nearby plateau’s slope. Using it as a ramp, the convertible is sent flying over a dozen feet into the air and across several gaps in the path below. Eventually they return to the road and hit a turn too hard which causes the vehicle to hit a barrier before flipping. Seeing the vehicle now in flames, the goose flies into the burn wreckage and self-destructs to destroy any possible remains.

CNMU

“And that’s what I was doing before I got here.” Caleb tells the group of non-humans from his Durand days. Cracking open his can of cola, he hopes that the other F. M. I. E. members have made it to the rendezvous point.

“Crazy dude, like all I get to do is watch over my dad’s store all day.” Jessica bemoans before taking a sip of her Sidecar. The woman then pulls out her phone before taking a selfie of her alongside her college squadmates.

“I’m sorry but what happened to the two ladies that were with you? Also it didn’t follow you did you?” A concerned gazer male asks while picking up his water as his eye stalks look for a potential feathery threat. Despite this, Ged is glad he was able to take the day off from his job as a hospitaller.

“We’d be dead if he was. Still, liches, mageseekers, geese, prison breaks, and demons, it’s like you’ve never left Durand huh Caleb? By the way did you ever figure out what happened to your parents?” Elise asks of the man before taking a sip of her decaf; after all, unlike her canid skull headed friend she doesn’t believe it’s five o’clock somewhere. Picking up a finger sandwich, she shrugs before taking another and slipping it into her handbag for later.

“Yeah mom basically ascended to sylvan godhood for banging an entire commune of those deprived creatures into submission. Apparently she took dad as a consort, I’ll just tell Quinn they died so it’s less disappointing. I’ve also picked out a new spot for an HQ and I was wondering if you all would like to help me build it.” The squad’s token human informs his friends before Vex enters the cafe they’re in. Quickly shuffling towards the table, the yordle then crawls up into her seat before she curls up into a ball and starts crying.

“Damn kiddo, what happened?”

“So many greeble groblers in the shadows! I hope for Christmas Santa gives me a nightlight.” Vex whines before wiping the tears from her eyes and looking into her senior’s dead eyes. She quickly apologizes upon recalling that the previous class of Durand graduates don’t like talking about Christmas.

“Hey Jessica, are your cousins still working with him?”

“Yep. You still got that restraining order against Prancer?”

“He kidnapped me after that operation! Of course I do!”

“Ah shit, here we go again. Hey Vex, did I ever tell you how our squad was formed and our first mission?” Caleb asks of the alternate Gloomist while Jessica and Ged start arguing. Elise then silences both of them by webbing their mouths shut so he can tell the sophomore.

CNMU

Several years earlier

After a hard day’s work of scavenging for his eldritch corporate overlord, Caleb finds a letter in his bunk. Looking around to see if one of his coworkers is watching to play a joke on him, the young man opens it and finds a message written in red ink on red paper. Reading it’s instructions, he doesn’t even hesitate to accept it’s terms and gives himself a paper cut to activate the summoning spell. Abandoning his day to day of struggling to meet quotas for a free ride through college, Caleb finds himself on a massive campus and walks his way to the initiation ceremony. Finding a massive hall filled with millions of every humanoid imaginable, the human struggles to find a seat. Eventually he finds one next to a sleeping gazer near the edge of a row. The seat next to him is then taken by an anomaly with black fur panicking about being late. Her fears are subsided when on the stage the Headmistress herself manifests without warning and adjust the podium’s microphone.

“Alright everyone is here? Yes. Welcome to Durand Hireling Academy, here you will learn a variety of skills so you can achieve your dreams. As you all know this is a free ride but you will be at mortal risk on the regular. Now then I will explain to you all how your missions will work, teams of three will be under the direction of a fourth who is your support. While out in the field should one of you die, you will typically respawn after a brief resurrection timer. Should your entire field squad be wiped then it will force your support out into the field. They will then be tasked with resurrecting all of you; however if they die then you all will not respawn. So help each other and survive until the mission is completed; then do whatever you want before we recall you all. Any questions?” Nita asks the crowd of fresh meat before one hand pops up far in the back.

“You’re not just going to drop us all off now into a warzone?”

“No we aren’t going to do that, right now. We’ll actually be splitting up, all of you, into a variety of zones now. By the way, for every second seat, the person to your immediate left and right is now your squad for the next four years. Until you come back I want you all to know you’re worthless, if you survive though then truly welcome. Good luck!” She shouts at the nobodies before her as they are then teleported to various points in time and space. With over twenty million students enrolled now, Nita wonders who among them will be in the remaining two hundred and forty; or well she knows already but can still ponder.

XxxX

Champion Spotlight: Khal and Cidra

Aliases: The Star-Crossed Dragoons, The Night’s Grasp, The Verdant Lancer

Birthplace: Bel’zhun, Shurima and Kimir, Noxus

Weapons: Night’s Kiss recurve bow, Ice Magic, Rampant lance, Energy Weapons, Verdant Magic, Ulemko’s hoove and teeth

Species: Leituni (Rabbit Vastaya) and Satorlan (Snake Vastaya)

Occupations: Heads of Coalition Calvary forces, Sculptor, Gardener

Appearance: Khal is a thin vastaya resembling an anthropomorphic rabbit with beige, coarse fur, his most notable trait is easily his extremely large ears. Prehensile and incredibly strong, they are able to perform all sorts of actions from lifting up the former rebel, channeling magic, and acting as a form of head wraps. Wearing loose robes and pants bearing the colors of the Coalition, teals, whites, and blacks, the light cavalry specialist is never seen too far from his wife Cidra; especially since he’s usually luring enemies into her bold charges. On each of his wrist are a pair of leather bracers with blue stargazer flowers growing out of them

A towering Noxian, the blue and yellow snake humanoid with a white underbelly possesses a muscular form empowered further by her magic. Covered head to toe in Noxian Granite armor mined and sculpted in her hometown of Kimir, Cidra has decorated it with a deep blue paint made from the flowers her home is equally known for. Once her husband Khal has lured the enemy into a perfect position, the Verdant Dragoon is prepared to charge forth and ensure that her helmet of iron, which gives her a permanent hissing appearing and cobra hood, is the last thing they see. Over her armor is a tabard of teals, black, and white made from mwati wool with a section covered in blue stargazers she grew herself.

Eye color: Brown eyes and Hazel eyes

Measurements: Khal is 5.67585 feet/173 cm, 133 pounds/60.3278 kg with an ectomorph build

Cidra is 6’9 feet/205.740 cm, 295 pounds/ 133.81 kg with a mesomorph build.

Taunt: Khal forms an icicle in the air and rapidly shoots it to crystalline dust. “Careful, just because my wife isn’t around to tear off your arms doesn’t mean you’re safe.”

Cidra pulls out a random piece of armor and pulls it apart with her hands. “Khal would normally calm me down but I even think you’ve lost your limb privileges.”

Joke: Khal leaps into the air and flips upside down to stand on their ears. “Oh yeah, it’s all in the outer ears.”

Cidra pulls out a piece of kimberlite and crushes it into a diamond in her hands. “They say… pressure… makes diamonds of us all. Huh I didn’t know I could do that.”

Recall: Appearing together, the pair dismount together and await Ulemko to stamp their hoof down. Leaving behind an ash pile, the vastayas then channel magic into the waste to increase it’s size before remounting Ulemko together. Sharing a quick kiss they their steed then jumps into the desecrated ground.

Likes: Khal enjoys flowers, exercise, and physical intimacy

Cidra enjoys cookies, feeling pretty, and beaches

Dislikes: Khal dislikes spicy foods, Ulemko’s laughing, and being cold

Cidra dislikes strangers making fun of Khal, basilisks, and being sweaty

Quick Bio: Recognizing the need for a swift response portion of the Coalition’s army, San and Caleb commissioned and trained a “cavalry” battalion. Needing a leader, San suggested one for hit and run tactics while Caleb suggested one specialized in shock assault. Eventually the two settled on a joint leadership between the couple of Khal and Cidra who could give them both what they wanted respectively. Formerly on opposing sides in the Northern Shurima occupation of Noxus, the two escaped mutual destruction when Cidra regained her old memories. Intrigued now by the woman he was fighting leaving abruptly, Khal eventually found himself falling for her and joining the Coalition as well.

Base stats:
Health: 598-2367

Health Regen: 3.5-13

Mana: 327-969

Mana Regen: 8-20.1

Armor: 27-95.2

MR: 30-52.1

MS: 335

AD: 57-102.8

Attack speed: 0.665

Bonus AS: 0-48.6%

Range: 525-625

Passive: Mixed Cavalry Tactics- Innate: Khal and Cidra specialize into Light and Heavy Cavalry tactics respectively; each gaining bonuses equal to ( 50% ) of their Critical Chance.

Khal gains bonus Attack Speed, Movement Speed, and gains ( 100 ) extra Attack Range

Cidra gains bonus Max Health, Armor, Magic Resist and will use Melee attacks when within 225 Attack Range

Q: Khal’s Pin to the Earth- (11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds) Mana Cost:45/50/55/60/65 Range:800 Width:150 Tether Range:425
Signaling for Cidra to attack a target, Khal watches as she throws her lance and imaples the first enemy hit in a skillshot. A vine then grows from it and Locks Down the enemy in a circular area.

Damage: (70/90/110/130/150 plus 90% AD)
Lock Down Duration: 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds

Cidra’s Aerial Support (11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds) Mana Cost:50 Range:Self/625 Width:80 Delay:0.5 seconds
Cidra calls for aid from Khal who begins to focus fire on her target via summoning icicles above her to shoot towards her targets. For the next 5 seconds her auto attacks are empowered to fire a skill shot at her targets that stop at the first enemy hit and deal Physical Damage.

Damage per skillshot: (0/5/10/15/20/25 plus 25% Bonus AD)

W: Use of the Star-Crossed Dragoon’s W ability will cause you to transform based on if used in the direction of enemies or away from them; using it to flee from enemies will have you transform into Khal while using it to charge towards an enemy will cause you to become Cidra.

Khal’s Feigned Retreat- (18/16/14/12/10 seconds) Mana Cost:40/45/50/55/60 Dash Range:300-625 Ice Wall Width:100 Aura Radius:200
Khal dashes in a chosen direction in a curved path and leaves behind a destructible wall of ice that grounds nearby enemies and absorbs projectiles.

Wall Health: 100/200/300/400/500 and increased based on Critical Chance up to double

Cidra’s Charge Forth- (20/18/16/14/12 seconds) Mana Cost:50/55/60/65/70 Range:300-625 Effective Radius: 225
Breaking free of Crowd Control effects, Cidra empowers Ulemko to run down and trample their enemies in a curved dash; reducing armor and having her auto them as they pass.

Flat Armor Reduction: 5.5/11/16.5/22/27.5

E: Khal’s Look Out Above- (16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds) Mana Cost:30/35/40/45/50 Range:Self Effective Radius:375

Khal begins to channel magic for 2 seconds to create a tomb overhead at the location of casting. After a delay it crashes down, stunning enemies for 2.25 seconds and dealing Magic damage to them. Auto attacking an enemy under the zone causes the tomb to rain down quicker.

Delay reduction per auto: (10/20/30/40/50% of current time)
Magic damage: (150/200/250/300/350 plus 75% Bonus AD)

Cidra’s Bucking Bronco- (10/9/8/7/6) Mana Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 Effective Radius:575
Ulemko begins to violently kick up dust and ash around itself for 4 seconds and sends out a wave every 1 second. Enemies hit by a wave of debris are marked and immediately Auto Attacked by Cidra and dealt bonus Magic Damage.

Bonus Magic Damage from marks: 1/2/3/4/5% Enemy Missing Health

Ultimate: They Ride Out Together- (110/95/80) Mana Cost:50 Range:Self

Charging forth together, The Star-Crossed Dragoons combine their abilities for 5 seconds and extend the duration by 0.5 seconds for every auto attack after activation..

Passive: Mixed Tactic-Gain both lover’s Mixed Calvary bonuses simultaneously. Additionally they gain a new passive where after auto attacking a target the next attack they make attacks at 8 times the previous one’s attack speed.

Q: The Ties that Bind- (11/10/9 seconds) Mana Cost:55 Range:Self/800 Width:80/150 Tether Range:425

Throwing out her lance, Cidra locks down a target to a location and marks them with Bring Them Down. For 5 seconds afterwards the pair’s auto attacks are empowered to pierce targets. Additionally, if auto attacking a champion with the Bring Them Down status, the Cidra will throw another lance to further lock them down every two auto attacks; targets can have multiple lock downs on them.

Lance Damage: (110/130/150 plus 90% AD)
Lockdown Duration (3/4/5 seconds)
Piercing Empowered Damage (15/20/25 plus 25% Bonus AD)

W: The Calvary is Here- (18//14//10 seconds) Mana Cost:40/50/60 Dash Range:300-625 Ice Wall Width:100 Grounding Aura Radius:200 Collision Effective Radius: 225

Dashing towards a direction in a curve, Ulemko is empowered to trample enemies and break their armor while the Star-Crossed Dragoons attack them. To cover their tracks, Cidra empowers Khal who leaves behind an indestructible wall of ice that grounds nearby enemies and slows them.

Flat Armor Reduction: 5.5/16.5/27.5
Slow: 10/20/30%

E: For Ruin- (10/8/6) Mana Cost 50/60/70 Effective Radius:575 Range:Self Tomb Effective Radius:375 Tomb Delay: 0.75 seconds Debris Effective Radius 625

Kicking up debris around his rider’s Ulemko marks nearby enemies to be auto attacked every 1 second for the next 4 seconds. Additionally Khal begins to channel an icey tomb to fall on top of whomever the pair is autoing the most after 2 seconds up on casting;.

Bonus Magic Damage from marks: 1/3/5% Enemy Missing Health
Ice Tomb Magic damage: (150/250/350 plus 75% Bonus AD and 1/3/5% Enemy Missing Health)

Ultimate quote- “So after we run these fools down, care for a ride into the sunset?”

“That’s not exactly practical. But with you I’d love to,”

XxxX

A/N: ADCs are kind of a pain in the ass to make, like no wonder they’re one of the smallest classes. Like you have to focus someone around some of the most basic actions in the game but then you have to balance them around not being too dominant alone as they’ll end up oppressing Solo lanes but also not useless in a 2 on 2. They’re a boring but vital part of just about any comp and a bitch to design. Hopefully Khal and Cidra work for some people as trying to do a mix of Light Cavalry and Heavy Cavalry tactics is kind of hard. Honestly I just wanted a Cavalry ADC to fulfill a fantasy of a team comp of mounted champions. Anyway I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, any support is deeply appreciated, if you’d like to support your favorite OC champions then the pools are available, and I hope to see you all again soon. Have a nice day.

Chapter 15: REquited

Chapter Text

A/N Hello everyone and welcome to another chapter, the first of this year. I’ve been hurting a little lately as I got into a fight with a former close friend but I hope you all didn’t have to wait too long. The Dragoons were kind of a struggle to write for honestly but I’m glad I got through it despite a lack of motivation. Speaking of any form of support is very much appreciated and if you have something you’d wanna see then feel free to ask; prompts give me warm, fuzzy feelings and inspiration. Hope you all enjoyed your holidays and this newest REbooted chapter.

Starring: Cidra, Aki, Khal, San, Cathy, Metto and Layka, Lunari Priestess, Cygnus, Solari Soldier, Lyra, Fiora, Zhong, Conflation Caleb, Conflation Riven, Conflation Sona, Conflation Elise, Conflation Vex, Conflation Samira, Conflation Ahri, Conflation Nidalee

Cameos: Rah’vun Daylight’s Spear, Void Abomination, Conflation Rift Herald

XxxX

On the streets of Zaun’s Sump level lies a pile of corpses and from those bodies San’s party arrive from Bilgewater. Ignoring the site of a Warwick attack as best they can, the Dragoons covering Claudi and Gwen’s eyes while Briar picks up an arm to eat, the group find a lift and take it up to the more civil levels. Once they’ve arrived on the Promenade level, the lovers say their goodbyes to the younger companions and their senior officer. Watching their rescuers leave for Piltover, the vastaya ponder how to spend their night when a strong wind manifests behind them through a blue portal. Securing her lance into the ground via vines, Cidra and Khal watch as the Sleipnir Squad rushes through the portal before closing it behind them.

“Are you folks okay? What happened?” Cidra inquires of her allies before setting about petting Khal. Cathy pulls a medical kit from her chest and begins handing out potions to everyone; except Aki who is carrying a catatonic Lunar Priestess.

“Just… saving this Lunari… from Evelynn. Also are you two… okay? You went off the grid for a bit.” An exasperated Aki asks of the Dragoons before setting down the Targonian.

“We are fine Sleipnirs. Lady San and Syr Claudi found us after Evelynn’s brood captured us. I suppose we should thank you four as well. Depending on your timing you may have bought us time to finish fighting them without the Widowmaker returning to help.” Khal says to the four veterans who quickly recover and get back onto their feet. From the blood of their wounds San pokes her head out to check on them before setting her sights on the Lunari.

“I’ll heal you guys in exchange for the desperate one.”

“Sure.”

“Wait, didn't you say something about an office lady? Are you sure she’ll be okay with a third person?”

“Yes.”

With that the hemomancer spits some blood onto the Sleipnirs before moving her pool under the priestess to take her away. Realizing they could use some drinks, the Coalitionist hit up the nearest bar and ordered themselves some. Several drinks in and Khal feels a metal hand on his shoulder. Turning back he sees a group of bounty hunters, if their augments and the wanted poster they’re holding is any hint, who quickly start to yank him from his stool. Freezing the man’s mechanical arm with a breath, Khal is released when his wife smashes the offending appendage apart with an energy warhammer. Heeding the barkeep's request of taking their fight outside, Cidra excuses herself to go deal with the lackeys of Clan Medarda’s remnants. The next ten minutes are filled with the sounds of thuds, screams, and cracking bones and cement before the vastaya returns to her lover’s side.

“Sooo, has anyone got plans for the weekend? Cidra you’ve got some blood on your cheek.” Metto offhandedly mentions before Cathy nearly jumps over the table to grab the ditzy spirit.

“Why does he do that?! Why does the Hooded only tell you where he’s going?!”

“Perhaps a more calm and positive approach would aid the Wind Shepherd’s memories. Metto, just focus for a bit, get in sync with Layka if you have to, and see if you can remember. Also drink this.” Khal suggests before ordering a bottle of rum and sliding it over to Metto. After over fifteen minutes of watching the Freljordian try to emulate San, and fail, the group is surprised to see the gears in her head visibly turning.

“He said he was leaving to go get some rings and other important stuff. He said he was going to Targon and that’s all I can remember.” She tells the group before a random thought flies into her head. Quickly getting up from the table, Metto mentions she’s going to see her sister before leaving the bar.

“There goes any actual leads we might have on what exactly he’s doing. Although if he went to Targon it would have to be important. Anyway, from those bounty hunters I’m guessing Clan Medarda is still pissed at you two.” Cathy changes the subject so she doesn’t end up overheating from sheer annoyance.

“I mean to be fair, they did beat Jago to death in the street.”

“And he earned it for trying to play Noxus and Shurima!” The Star-Crossed Dragoons shout in unity before slamming back their respective shots. Eventually it gets late and the group departs with the vastaya stumbling past the human shaped dents in the sidewalk Cidra made earlier.

CRSN

Waking up in a cheap Zaunite motel the next morning, Khal and Cidra are woken up by a hangover and then San fixing it. Standing next to her is the Lunari Priestess the Sleipnirs saved yesterday; ruffled looking and trying not to look at the nude couple.

“Lady San? What are you doing here?” Khal asks before covering up Cidra with a blanket and himself with his ears. When she starts to giggle at having caught the couple in a compromising position once more, the Noxian leaves a dent in the wall next to her by throwing a pillow.

“Well that’s simple, you two are going to escort this lovely thing back home. Try not to start a civil conflict while you’re there.” San explains while the archer gathers up the pair’s clothes. Once they’re fully dressed, she opens up a portal to the Targonian’s temple with a fair warning that it won’t be pretty.

The hemomancer’s warning proves more than accurate as the moon cult’s temple is desecrated. Taking in the mutilated corpses of her brothers and sisters in faith, the Lunari Priestess collapses to her knees by a pool of water turned blood. Seeing that their VIP is starting to go into shock from seeing Evelynn’s handy work, Khal covers her eyes with one of his ears and tells his wife to summon their mount. Giving the woman a moment to process what has happened, Cidra walks out of the temple by following the Sleipnir’s trail of attacks. Once outside she reaches into her tabard and pulls out a vial of ashes; smashing it on the ground and summoning Ulemko to their location with a special whistle. Explaining the situation to the infernal steed, together they wait for Khal to arrive with the priestess shortly afterwards.

“So Khal, what the fuck are we going to do now?”

“Oh my vulgar dearest, it's simple really. We are to escort her to another temple, hopefully without alerting the Solari.” Khal explains before helping himself and their guest onto Ulemko’s back. Sighing at the fact she’ll have to walk alongside them, Cidra leads the way as the pair start to follow a trail leading down the mountain towards a valley that looks like a crescent moon in the ground.

“Oi moon lady, don’t feel too bad about what happened. Evelynn is a bitch like that and she’s above your, well, pay grade. { “What?” } I’m just saying that unless you got say Diana herself or Aphelios to fight her don’t even try it.” The Verdant Lancer explains to the confused woman clinging to Khal’s back. As they approach more uneven terrain, the Targonian wonders how their steed is able to maneuver so well. Looking down she receives her answer in the form of watching Ulemko’s legs contorting to find footholds.

“Don’t worry ma’am, Ulemko may seem disturbing at first but they are as noble a steed as any other. Now then do you have some way of signaling your people?” Khal reassures his passenger while trying to keep an eye out for patrols or living land formations. Luckily he doesn’t think the Solari will be patrolling this far from their city at night; at least he hopes not.

“I have no doubt that Cygnus or one of the Duskbringers will notice us once we’re close enough. We must hurry though, I don’t doubt the sun will be rising soon, or worse we might run into a true Solari fanatic; they are capable of wielding the powers of the Sun even at night.” The priestess warns her protectors before adjusting her seating. With that in mind, the trio continue their descent and eventually arrive at the Lunari’s chasm.

Arriving at the mouth of the valley, the Coalitionists stop when a group of Lunari Duskbringers approach them. Handing off the priestess, Khal and Cidra prepare to leave when they are asked for help. One of their own, Lyra, has been captured and now they are heading towards the camp they suspect she is in to free her.

“This is not our duty, Lunaris. The Coalition has no stakes in the war between your religions.” Khal cooly explains while helping their Priestess dismount. The white haired woman looks like she’s about to plead with the vastaya when his wife approaches.

“My dense husband is right but eh, fuck it, we’ll help. { “Cidra?” } We could use the training and besides, having a favor doesn’t hurt. Just consider it a token of good will for San’s booty call. Now try to keep up with your bootleg ninjas.” Cidra jokes before mounting Ulemko and taking the reins. Charging in the direction that is pointed out to them, the Dragoons hope that they can finish before sunrise.

“We’ll have less than an hour.”

“More than enough.”

“Hit and run or shock assault?”

“A bit of both?”

“Bit of both.”

“Is something on your mind Khal?”

“I don’t appreciate how you undermined me a bit back there. I know I’m newer than you to the role of Coalitionist but I didn’t want to risk either of our safety for the Lunari. Strangers I can understand but these people have been engaged in a conflict spanning centuries, I don’t wish to make long lasting enemies here.” Khal confesses to Cidra as they stop on top of a ridge to scout out the enemy camp. Looking back, they see that the Lunair are minutes behind them and that the Solari appear to have some cages on the opposite side of the camp.

“I’m sorry for not taking that into consideration my love. I know you’re always concerned for the worst outcomes but it won’t stop me from wanting to save others. Besides, part of being a Coalitionist is about challenging powerful enemies or traditions. We’re going to be fighting things far older and far more hateful than some cultist stuck in a cyclical war. Now let me charge us in and get stuck, you exfiltrate the captive. Sounds good?” She asks knowing what his answer will be with a smile on her face. Sighing in compliance and agreement, the two plan out a route.

CRSN

“It’s not too late Lyra, You can still return to the light of the Sun.” The Solari Soldier tells the heretic in her cage. She however is long past words after pleading with her former husband for freedom.

Sighing in resignation, the man ponders what he can say at this point when suddenly a green light rises into the air. Quickly ringing the nearby alarm bell, Solari in various states of alertness emerge from their tents with weapons raised to meet the surprising threat. Their question of why the Lunari would try to gain their attention is quickly answered when two figures riding a demonic horse ride towards them. Forming a shield wall as quickly as they can, the larger of the two calvary, who is whooping nonstop, throws a lance into the disorganized group. Impaling one Shieldbearer, the others near him are quickly entangled by strangle vines and roots growing from the weapon’s handle. Using some kind of transmigration, the rider manifests the lance into their hand and, via holding onto the point, starts to drag around the captives. Expecting the steed to perhaps slow down carrying all that weight, the Sun worshippers are shocked when it gains a green aura and only seems to go faster. Some try to impede it but are quickly smacked aside by the mysterious knight who manifests various weapons out of green light. Stopping only when they’re near the prisoner’s cage, the invaders’ steed begins to then buck violently; kicking up clouds of dust and ash all around it. The Soldier is too busy coughing up from the cloud to then notice a lance smacking them across the face.

CRSN

 

From within her cage, Lyra can only watch as the heavily armored woman dismounts and tears open the bars of her cage bare handed. They then nod for her to come out and, with her only other choice being death, the Lunari listens. She is then gently tossed onto the demonic mount’s back before watching the knight start to fend off any who get too close. Lyra then clings to the archer in front of her as the steed rears up before galloping towards the camp’s exit. A Solari Priestess tries to stop them by making a wall of flames before them; only to have it countered by them using a ramp of ice that the archer breathes out to leap over it. Crashing down onto an unfortunate soldier, the archer sees a towering figure in golden armor and with an incredibly bright spear. The Shadestalker can’t help but lose some hope at escape as Rahvun himself appears to stop them. Her rescuers however don’t even acknowledge the Daylight’s Spear as an obstacle and continue to charge towards him. Seeing the archer’s wraps begin to glow a bright blue, she instead focuses on the arrows he’s launching at the Solari’s face. They’re projectiles prove ineffective however at bringing down the giant especially once he raises his shield to protect himself. Feeling like they’re about to crash into the immovable knight of the sun, Lyra notices just before any of the Sun worshiping fanatics that a block of ice has formed over Rahvun’s head.

“Heads up!” Is the only warning that the cryomancer gives before the icey tomb falls. It is enough however for the Solari goliath to raise his shield in time to avoid certain death.

“Why did you warn him? He’s going to hunt us down later; my escape will only be an extra motivator.” Lyra complains to her rescuer as they race out of the encampment together. Near vertically scaling a cliff, it doesn’t take them very long after that to regroup with Cygnus and the Duskbringers.

“Lyra, are you harmed?”

“No Moonstalker, these… mercenaries? { “Passerbys.” } Passerbys facilitate my escape. Even if they could’ve killed Rahvun himself.” The Shadestalker informs her master before glaring back at the rider. Unwrapping his ears from his face, Khal looks down on her with unamusement; and a hint of pity.

“Is this true, Coalitionists?”

“Yes, because it’s not our purpose here to cut down Solari exemplars. Our mission was to rescue her and that was already stretching the bounds of intervention at this time. Now if you don’t mind, I bid you all farewell, my partner needs me.” He calmly tells the, as Cidra would say, bootleg ninjas before rushing back to her. Seeing the wisdom in the foreigner's words, Cygnus has his people retreat for the sun will be rising soon.

“Well come on! Who’s next?! Oh wait, shit I think everyone is laid out. Well they can use the extra few minutes of sleep, wouldn’t you agree, fluffy bunny?” Cidra asks lover as he rides into the camp to meet her. Taking his hand and rejoining him atop Ulemko’s back, the pair ride away from the devastated encampment.

CRSN

Relocating to the ports north of Mount Targon, the Star-Crossed Dragoons prepare to board a ship when suddenly a Void squid emerges. The many eyed creature begins to attack any sailor unfortunate enough to get too close. What would’ve probably turned into the slaughter of the small fishing village however ends shortly when the monster is frozen by ice. Cidra then makes sure it can’t do any harm by jumping onto it and crushing it with a verdant warhammer.

“Khal, Cidra, we’re going to Demacia. Void monsters are attacking the boss's homeland and I doubt he’ll be happy if the place is infested whenever they return.” Cathy explains to the two lovers after emerging from a portal. Apparently the Coalition’s scrying has come true with scouts reporting attacks in Demacia by Void infused creatures.

“You heard her dear, I would’ve loved to rest but our cause calls for us. Lead the way Miss Cathy.” Khal requests the mechanical Sleipnir before Cidra can whine; even if just for show. Glad they are skipping the theatrics, the Piltie reconfigures her portal maker and manifests a hextech gateway to Demacia.

CRSN

Arriving at Dawnhold, the three foreigners find the coastal settlement under attack and with Void monsters threatening it’s walls. In the air Void Remoras move in schools before swooping down to pluck apart anyone unfortunate enough to get caught out. Meanwhile Voidlings scuttle together and form mounds to climb upwards. The attack appears to be coordinated by a Void Abomination who is just busy flinging away a warhorse and it’s rider. From their position on a nearby plateau, the Coalitionists estimate that the Demacian fortress city can hold out for at most a few more hours without reinforcements. They also see a certain noblewoman on the walls cutting apart any monsters that climb up her portion of the defenses. Unfortunately Fiora can only do so much against the eldritch tide and so the foreigners come up with a plan. While Cathy leaves to get reinforcements, the Star-Crossed Dragoons head down to provide aid. Charging through the hordes toward the city gates, the two riders make sure to kill any creatures that get in their path so Ulemko can touch them and turn their remains to ashes; at worst, they will ensure that the Void has no biomass or magic to feed on.

“In the name of your honor and your homes, fight on Demacians! No one has ever taken this city and we will not be the ones to do so!” Fiora shouts from the battlements to try and rally the defenders. Unfortunately she is already considering ceding the walls as the hordes aren’t ending and some of her own dead are warping into abominations.

“Hello up there! Would you kindly Demacians care to let a poor, little Noxian into your walls?! Even a former one.” Cidra jokes up to the defenders and a couple look down to her. While Khal is busy forming barricades of ice, the giant woman is trying to negotiate their assistance.

“You choose an odd time then imperialist; unless you’ve somehow brought an army with you then this city won’t be of much use to you.” Fiora taunts down to the vastayan woman in stone armor. She then is lunged at by a Zix but is saved when a lance pins it to the wall under her.

“We don’t have one at the moment but-but my husband and I were passing by so we’d like to know how we can help. Oh and we have a few friends joining us soon; just give our metal friend a chance to find them first. So will you two let us in?” She asks already knowing that this is a deal the defenders can’t refuse. Calling for the city gate to be opened, the Laurent duelist only hopes that she can live to regret this decision.

“Okay strangers, our cavalry just sacrificed themselves to allow a messenger through. Mageseekers should be arriving within a day to…” Fiora explains before her attention is turned to a soldier who has been corrupted; she puts him down with only two slashes of her blade.

“Lady Fiora, that won’t help your situation. These entities do not utilize magic but rather alien physics and energy based attacks.” Khal explains before breathing down the walls and freezing entire clumps of Voidlings; it’ll buy them a minute’s time before the next wave recovers.

“Then what would you have us do?”

“For a start your troops must fall back as these creatures specialize in melee combat and overwhelming numbers. Secondly we must await reinforcements to assist in destroying that Abomination as it coordinates the smaller ones.” Khal explains before Fiora relays the information to the troops.

“Oh also they really fucking hate extreme temperatures; so either burning them or freezing them is great, fire’s a bit better though. Khal can slow them down but if you have any explosives or fire starter equipment it’ll help.” Cidra adds before she is pointed to a depot of lamp oil not too far away. Kissing her husband for luck, the Verdant Lancer jumps down and begins to rush towards the building.

“Do you have anything to add foreigner?”

“Yes, pray if it helps. Other than that focus on evacuating as many living things from this place; the Void feeds on life and magic entices it. But only because it works so well.” The vastaya tells her in case she is deeply into Demacia’s anti-mage ways. Seeing through the wrap covered man’s words, Fiora announces to her troops to focus on the evacuation of the city as well as interpreted versions of the foreigners’ advice.

Continuing their fervent defense, the Demacians call for the cryomancer whenever the Void monsters start to cluster in an area. In turn, after the Void Abomination notices the threat of the Coalitionist, the troops lead by Fiora herself personally see to his protection. After fifteen minutes, Cidra returns with an entire cart filled with casks of torch and whale oils. Spreading them out along the walls, the defenders watch as Khal throws down a gray vial before jumping after it moments later. To the barely noticeable sound of shattering glass, the pair’s infernal steed appears from the ground and the archer mounts it without issue. Knowing what he wants to do, Cidra orders the defenders to defend her husband from a distance. She aids this effort herself by picking up several casks and hurling them down at the enemy.

CRSN

Believing him to be attempting an escape, the Void Abomination has Void Remora swarm to it to assist in the rider’s capture. To it’s surprise, the magically cold one turns and begins to race around the hordes already near the wall. Seeing that the biomass atop the walls is desperately trying to defend the two creatures, it sends a Zix to assassinate them. This attempt at consuming the target is quickly stopped when the stealthy one is killed via a barrel crushing it’s skull. Sensing a tear in reality, the Abomination turns to see three figures emerging from a portal. The great monster is also getting feelings for the strange liquids being poured onto it’s minions. Suddenly two large deposits of magic begin to channel; the rider begins to form a wall of cold and one of the newly arrived beings is causing the air to grow warmer.

CRSN

“Oh hey you guys made it. Thanks for coming to help us Metto, Layka, and Zhong. You gonna scold them to death huh old timer?” Cidra jest with the ancient swordsman who chuckles a bit at her humor.

“Hahaha! You children are cute, needing help with this. I’ve killed far larger in my day, your ancestor was there too.” Zhong reminisces before swinging his blade to bisect an invisible enemy Zix that tried to sneak up on Metto. The reason the Wind Shepherd couldn’t do it herself is because she is currently summoning a Notus-nado. Once Khal has finished corralling the smaller Void creatures, she ignites the air and treats the Demacian’s to an up close view of a flaming tornado.

With the Demacian’s now having time to reinforce their position thanks to the mages, most of them assume that they’ll continue defending. Instead the Noxians vastaya ends up picking up Fiora and along with the others jumps from the walls to rush the leading creature. Cidra then jumps to rejoin Khal on Ulemko’s back after making sure the noblewoman is following them. Sending hordes of Void Remora at the defiant prey, the Void Abomination watches as they are all frozen solid via a pair of freezing attacks. It is then forced to defend itself when the two riders and flying prey begin to attack it from a distance. Distracted by volleys of wind slashes, energy attacks, and ice infused arrows, Zhong and Fiora are sent via portal to attack from above. Landing on the creature’s flower-esque shell, they rush to attack it’s eye but are stopped when it starts to grab at them with it’s many limbs. While trying to throw off the two duelists, the Abomination reaches several of it’s limbs underneath it’s main body. Reaching into a hidden pocket of Void energy, the monster then starts to hurl spheres of nothingness at the ranged fights. Cathy is almost hit by one before she opens a portal to evade the attack. Reappearing above Layka, the Cyber Pilot redirects the sphere that was aimed at her into the one heading towards the Wind Shepherd. Protecting themselves from the ensuing explosion with Shield Projector and a wind barrier, the two flying Coalitionists watch as the Star-Crossed Dragoons swap positions and Charge Forth. Powering through the reality warping being’s presence, Khal starts to freeze some of the Void Abomination’s limbs that are closest together. Seeing what he wants to do, Metto unleashes another Boreal Barrage to assist in the creature’s detainment. Cathy gets in on the action as well by using her Concussive Cannon and Defensive to herd stray tentacles or act as proxies. Once enough have been encased in ice, Cidra hurls her lance under the creature and empowers it to grow until the beast’s limbs are bound together. With nothing to protect it’s eye, the entangled Void Abomination tries to close the armor plates around it. Before it can however, Zhong and Fiora move practically in a blur and manage to stab it. This doesn’t prove to be immediately fatal however and the creature tries to simply shatter their swords with it’s armored blink. Growing tired of this Abomination’s resistance, Zhong’s let's his blood run hot and with rage infused strength pries off one such plate using his blade. Having their blades freed and the eye exposed enough, the sword masters hack away at it in a flurry of Bladework and Death Blows. Knowing it’s death approaches, the falling Void monster tries to collapse in on itself to take them with it. This desperation plan however fails when Cathy opens a portal for the two to escape from the creature’s implosion.

“I won’t apologize to you creature nor will I face my doom; not yet. Will you be alright from here young lady?” Zhong asks Fiora who finally relaxes a bit now that the Void incursion is destroyed; or at least for now. Turning to see the Coalitionists gathering to depart together, she wishes to know their names but realizes that such knowledge may do unforeseen damage in the current Demacian climate.

“Yes, we will be fine. I will do whatever I can to cover your people’s involvement here. Now hurry before the Mageseekers come and attempt to detain you all.” The Demacian Noble tells the foreigners before they start to depart through another portal. Seeing the masked samurai turning to see her before it closes, she doesn’t know that The Enraged sees why Jax found her worthy.

XxxX

Conflation Episode 12

Appearing at a military encampment, some of the Durandi alumni are split up and given their equipment. Sitting down in a warehouse and going through a seminar explaining combat, the trio of Caleb, Jessica, and Ged listen intently to the aasimar teacher; unlike some of their classmates who are, metaphorically, on another planet. Apparently they’re the second wave to enter a decimated city here in these icey waste. The mission is to learn what happened at a nearby facility, combat an alien horror that has appeared, and clear the area of resistance.

“Be careful of Dark Insurgency in the area. So any other questions?”

“Am I gonna get cancer?” A country sounding chicken humanoid asks his fellow feathered nonhuman.

“Umm You’re not covered. That’s not service related and besides we’re a secret organization so yeah. Get out there, learn about each other and yourselves, listen to your seniors, and have fun. Also look out for falling rocks.” The man with golden skin tells his students and troops before disappearing in a golden blink. From there the troops mount up into humvees, although Ged spots a man yelling at his tiefling teammate to “Back demon!” before they form a convoy to enter the quarantine zone.

CNMU

(Five minutes later)

“You know if we were driving in like my dad’s hatchback I’d be worried about running over zombies. But this is a humvee sooo.” Jessica commentates before hitting the gas and plowing through half a dozen undead. Up ahead and all around the Durand Mercenaries are performing similar actions as hordes of zombies approach them from all around.

“Ah, we’re being welcomed by the civilian populace.”

“Enough jokes you three. Focus now on helping to establish a FOB. By the way, before you ask, I’m your Field Officer and Coordinator Elise Kythera Zaavan. Try to avoid getting us all killed you morons.” The trio hear over their shared headsets before also hearing about the recon FOB being set up..

“You know what bitch, fuck you! I say we suicide pact this and make you have to come out here. { “What?!!!” } Ah! Hahaha! The looks on your faces.” Caleb taunts before they hit a zombie so hard it flies dozens of feet into the air screaming. Jessica is the first to laugh before Ged nervously joins in and they pull up to clear out a building. Eventually they make their way to a warehouse and upon opening it a zombie covered in growths emerges; exploding and covering Ged in it’s entrails.

“Oh shit Ged, are you good?”

“I feel good!”

“Y-you feel good?” Jessica inquires as the gazer is now covered in glowing purple veins and their eyes are all dilating rapidly. Taking out a syringe from the team medic’s vest, she injects him right in the neck while Caleb notices something off.

“Why are there gummy bears in my pocket? I ate the last ones but I keep finding them in my pockets the fuck is going on?” He asks while emptying out his pockets and putting it back inside; only to find more gummy bears.

“Uhh I don’t think that’s the anomaly we’re dealing with. Anyways let's oh god no!” Jessica screams before another zombie does to her what happened to Ged. The medic wakes up from their haze and quickly pulls out another syringe to do the same treatment to the team communications officer.

CNMU

An hour, and hundreds of undead bodies, later the mercenaries are moving steadily through the city when suddenly music starts playing; boss music. Caleb barely has time to look to the team shooting next to him when suddenly a rock flies through the air and destroys them alongside a humvee. On all sixes, a crimson Rift Herald rushes a gunline made of dozens of mercenaries and starts to crush, throw, or eat all of them. This creature also kills the twin as after failing to find a machine gun with ammo it pounces onto and crushes him. Half a minute later, Caleb respawns on top of a ruined building next to a kangaroo vastaya. The sniper then starts chuckling a bit out of shock when a rock crushes another team and wipes them.

“Ohoho shit! They died.”

“Yeah, screw friendly fire just hit it.”

But no matter how many bullets and anti-tank weapons the alumni pour into the creature it refuses to die. After a boulder nearly hits them from their snipers nest, Caleb and Jonas climb down to street level. They arrive in time to see a man get crushes in the monster’s flaws before deciding to book it.

“Oh damn it’s eating the rest of the men.”

“Fuck the men run!”

CNMU

Eventually the creature kills everyone in the area and falls back to stalk the remaining troops. Cautiously moving forward, the armored column reforms but then as they pass through the ruins a mine destroys two humvees. Ged manages to get out of the flaming wreckage but can’t find Jessica until he turns towards the flames. Not able to convince a salamander or an efreet to get her out, the gazer just continues to move up with everyone else. As it edges towards midnight, the students are resupplied and one of them finds a dancing robot. Unfortunately one of the other students hallucinates it as something else and shoots it off the cat girl’s shoulder. They would attempt to then hold a funeral for the tiny thing, though noticeably not the fifty two people that have died so far, when Dark Insurgents begin shooting at them.

“Fucking insurgents.”

“Need a ride infantryman?” Jessica asks the aberration while dancing to the sound of her humvee’s machine gun fire. Seeing a horde of undead arriving to consume both Durandi and Insurgent flesh, the many eyed being hops in; only for the vehicle to get hit with a rocket and explode.

CRSN

“Alrighty then driva, into ze facility, forward.” The kommandant orders as several LAVs roll up to a large dome that is surrounded by several ruined buildings. Dark Insurgents appear once more to harass the students and it gets so bad that Caleb abandons the lead LAVs.

“Yeah stay away from that one it’s about to explode.” He screams out to his approaching team members just before the kommandant and his squad die in a fiery blaze.

“O-M-G Prophetic! Also damn these Darkness Insurgency dudes hit differently at like midnight.” Jessica notes out loud as the trio start to crawl under a wall. Clearing out the remaining terrorist, the Durandi’s call forth several people to start cutting their way in when a familiar song starts playing.

“Rift Herald West! Rift Herald West”

Everyone hears over the comms before a rock destroys one of their remaining three LAVs. With the last two being held up by undead, a team of second years consisting of a lizardfolk, orc, and gnome lure it into a nearby building. Caleb and the others can only watch as none of them return but succeed in detonating explosives to drop the apartment complex onto the alien monster.

“You think they got it?”

“I heard it scream after the explosion went off so maybe?”

“Run! Run away! That wasn’t a death scream, it was a rage scream!” A kitsune with cream colored tails screams as she flees the ruins before the Rift Herald erupts out of them. Letting the squad leader of that brave squad pass them, the remaining Durandi open fire to slow it down until the LAVs can arrive. At the cost of over five squads they do manage to hold out long enough; a hail of explosive rounds finally downing the alien monster.

“Woo, Durandi are successful yet again. Good job boys.” A senior by the name of Samira tells Jessica before they climb down a watch tower.

“Uhh I-I-I don’t know about success. Not including the first wave, a dark alien monster from the blackest sun escaped this facility before killing and eating half of us.” The malo counters before checking her ammo just in case.

“Look for a standard Durandi op, those are some low casualties.” Her senior counters while the remaining students go on a rampage destroying the labs. Back at base, Elise and the other officers notice seismic activity is increasing.

“Oh my God, everyone it turns out that there is a whole colony of Heralds manifesting under there. Immediately evacuate to the nearby air strip where a pilot will be arriving shortly.” Everyone’s coordinators announce to their teams over the long comms before panic sets in. Seeing the plane approaching, the students have only a few minutes to get on-board or be left behind. “Fucking run boys! Guns on your backs!”

Running outside, Caleb manages like a few other squads to cling to the sides of a passing LAV. Hearing the roars of several Heralds as they emerge, the twin looks up into the approaching blizzard and sees the cargo plane coming in for landing. Once the LAVs stop to cover their retreat, the engineering student quickly hops off and begins to run as fast as he can towards the escape vehicle. Ignoring the sounds of exploding rocks and a screaming halfling as he smacks against the ground in front of him, the freshman is able to board the plane. Seeing Jessica struggling to get inside however as the plane starts to take off, her teammate quickly unbuckles his seat and reaches out to pull her in as the ramp closes.

XxxX

Conflation Episode 13 (Season 1 Finale)

“The mission was completed and after that the pilot decided it would be funny to crash.” Caleb finishes telling Vex the story before contemplating what to order for lunch. After Jessica orders enough booze for everyone, the others order a double cheeseburger for Caleb, a caesar salad for Elise, and a plate of spaghetti and meatballs for Vex; the others also order refills for their drinks.

“So will you ever tell me what you guys had to do on Christmas?”

“Never, now I hope the other F. M. I. E. members are doing okay. You know what fuck it, I’m changing the name to have the initials F. I. M. E. then I can say it’ll be all FIME whenever someone asks.” Caleb rambles on before they start to plan out where to buy things. They also use it as a group therapy session to share more old war stories with the yordle.

CNMU

While the Durandi’s are busy shopping, Sona and Riven are watering a blue cube. They’ve chosen a serene location next to a small lake and waterfall, deep in a lush forest and surrounded the building site with love, flowers, sandbags, and traps. Aside from possible future intruders, the traps are also for the various forest animals that have been harassing the two non-humans. After giving their future home it’s daily hug, the two are suddenly snatched up by a pack of sabertooths, wampus cats, ball tailed cats, and other mythical felines. While Riven is panicking about being eaten, Sona simply leaves behind a trail of acid burns and slime.

CNMU

The next day, Caleb arrives with his friends only to find the future F. I. M. E. site in ruins. Running up to the blue cube, the Magus and Jessica quickly put their ears to it.

“It says that a bunch of like cat monsters showed up and the two others watching over it.” Jessica translates to the others not also trained in Engineering. The twin meanwhile starts to look around and sees some acid burns on a nearby tree.

“Alright, you guys babysit it and make sure it’s not scared after what happened. I’m going to find my employee and a special friend.” Caleb tells the others before running after the trail of slime based destruction. Figuring this might be one of those, “I need to do this on my own” moments, the others shrug and listen to his demands.

If not for the trail Sona most likely left behind, her partner wouldn’t be able to find the direction they were taken; almost as if the forest, if not the planet itself, is covering for the kidnappers. As he crosses over a small brook, the Durandi hears a crashing sound from nearby. Charging his way is a Towering Pairofant who is tearing up even fully grown trees with it’s tusk. Running as fast as he can out of it’s path, the hired gun comes to realize that the pachyderm isn’t just on a wild attack but is a part of a coordinated one. Still rather than turn and fight his instincts tell him not to and instead he continues to let it herd him to where he’s supposed to go. Ducking down as various exotic birds and lizards start swooping down aiming for his head, Caleb redirects those he can’t with portals. Eventually his chase takes him to a clear in the woods where a pack of mythical felines attack him. Using a Coercion line, the Magus flings it backwards and uses it to fling himself on top of the pursuing pairofant. Utilizing the presumed connection between the creatures, Caleb not only makes the felines hesitate to attack him but also gives him time for his next trick. Pulling out his engineering tool, the Durandi then sets it to emit a sound similar to a cat whistle. This… somewhat works, as it turns out he doesn’t know a lot about animals and ends up making a pachyderm whistle instead. Sending the creature beneath him into a frenzy, the twin holds on as tight as he can while the giant starts charging forward.

“Wow buddy! Slow down!” Caleb starts shouting while frantically trying to adjust the sound. His mount however isn’t listening, instead it is stopped when the trees and plants before them clump together enough to form a barrier.

“Stupid human! Eddy calm down!” A woman’s voice commands from the nearby brush before a trio of massive pakaa burst forth. Their leader is riding the largest of these jungle cats covered in grass green fur and dark green chitinous mask; she is wearing her own mask to match theirs.

“You! You’re animals kidnapped my friends and I want to know why?! I also want you to release them to me unharmed.” The Magus demands of the Huntress before making sure he is holding tight to Eddy. Gently petting the alien pachyderm, he observes the leader of this makeshift back; from her cloak of grass for camouflage to her dress of pakaa fur.

“Come down here, cowardly human. I have told your kind that they can stay in their cities but that the land would fight back. You intended to settle where you weren’t supposed to and paid the price.” She growls out at the man before hissing at him and revealing her cat-like features; a pair of large pointed ears and appendages.

“You’re beautiful but if you hurt either of them I will destroy your forest.” A simple demand and threat yet she is drawn to both the start and his face; a face with eyes of amber turning cool.

“They are my prisoners, human, though my kulpakaa note their taste is strange. Are they poisoned? Some stranger suicidal weapon?” She asks him before he ponders the questions she gave him.

“Sona must have used her human form. They’re not humans, one is a slime and the other is a chalkydri. They are my associates and I ask you again to either bring me to them or face consequences.” He demands of the local guardian before leaping off of the pairofant’s back. Surrounded by animals that would gladly try to rip him apart, he is relieved at the moment that she calls them off.

“Your kind, call me the Kashdaji Queen. While I find the first part offensive, the second part is accurate. My family have been the apex predators of these lands since the first saplings and it is my honor to protect them as well. I will release your allies but in exchange you must fight me. If you fall then I will hunt them until they either die or escape back to the cities I allow.” The woman tells Caleb as an ultimatum and makes him consider his position briefly.

“Deal. Know that I don’t intend to lose.” He warns her before taking his suit jacket and rolling up his sleeves. While taking his hand off his left arm, the mercenary manifests his engineering tool and fires a bolt of plasma at the druid.

Raising her spear up in time to barely block the attack, the queen of the wilds sees that it is barely charred. Looking at the man’s face he simply shrugs with a smirk before adjusting the settings to his weapon from flash to bang. Taking an actual shot at the woman now that she’s ready, Caleb ends up falling backwards when she rolls out of the way and throws her spear at him. Seeing her prey lying on his back, the druid pulls out a sabertooth knife from her belt and pounces at the man. As the handcrafted weapon nears his face however Caleb sinks into the ground. It is then instinct alone that makes the guardian leap away from where she was as he reemerges to grab her. Landing next to her spear, she takes it up once more and points it at the man.

“You fight well. Not many people would know to jump away, hehe ouch!” Caleb yelps and looks down to see a carnivorous plant biting his leg. While it doesn’t immobilize him it does distract him enough for the woman to shapeshift.

Pouncing at her prey, the pack mother pakaa expects to see fear or regret; not a pair of demonic beast hands stopping her. Having her momentum used to throw her away, Caleb still ends up on his back but manages to make some space. When the other animals and plants try to then attack the infernal intruder their queen stops them with a commanding roar. Pouncing towards the invader, she roars once more and surrounds him in a circle of brushes. With his vision obscured, the Magus waits for the Queen to attack him. Suspecting a back attack he swings in anticipation but only hits air. This opens him to being Swiped across the side but he is able to stop her before she can go for the Takedown. Holding her maw opening, he tries to snap her jaw only for her to transform back and throw a javelin at his face; which he catches in his teeth.

“You’re not entirely human are you?”

“I am human; I’m pretty sure at least. My buddy messed with my physiology a bit for a school project but I came out human enough. But you must mean my transformation; just a bit of internalizing externalizing like you do.” Caleb comments to the woman before changing back and tossing her spear to her. She proceeds to take off her mask to reveal the emerald feline eyes beneath and the long pointed ears on her head.

“If you identify as a human then I don’t. That is all we have in common, trespasser. Now, defend yourself or become prey to Nidalee of the Pakaa!” She shouts before rushing towards him with her spear in hand. Summoning his engineering tool, the mercenary reconfigures it to form a hilt shape and from it a bastard sword made of plasma and kinetic energy; he smiles at the correctness of splurging for such an upgrade.

CNMU

A week passes and Caleb’s companions are already finishing the foundation of the new headquarters. Hearing the sounds of battle over the horizon suddenly stop on the eighth day, they await the results. It’s around mid-afternoon when they sense the approach of the victor and prepare to meet them. Stepping out of the brush covered in cuts and bruises is Nidalee and Caleb.

“You fucked her didn’t you?” Jessica bluntly asks her best friend before taking a seat on a nearby bag of cement mix. Summoning a parrot to her side, NIdalee then throws it at the malo’s face.

“No we didn’t mate. We did cuddle though after fighting for a week and talked it out.”

“She’s willing to let us stay here and build the HQ but that’s it. Also she wants to see other places with us and get to know us. Basically she wants friends ow!” Caleb yelps after the jungle queen slaps him in the arm for being tactless. Rubbing his wound, he walks forward with his new partner to get to know the others.

Weeks then pass, together the group steadily makes the new F. I. M. E. home and eventually make a modest, almost fairytale style manor. When it’s finished Nidalee uses her connection to the planet to cover and surround the building in flowers and vines. Sona for her part made sure that the first brick used in construction was the same as the old headquarters as well as the door knob. Riven isn’t sure what to add so after making sure the plants get plenty of sunlight, she carves their names into a support pillar. Finally after letting his friends help him create wards and protections for their new home, Caleb uses his engineer’s tool to forge a key that makes it a true home befitting F. I. M. E. With the work finally finished, the quartet and their friends decide to have a picnic on a nearby hill with poplar and maple trees for shade.

“So then Jessica asks us the day before if we have five pennies and a brick of C4 .but we thought she was just memeing. Next thing you know we’re in a cave with a demon monster she just throws it at him while Caleb is yelling “Crucifix! Crucifix!” at the top of his lungs.” Ged finishes telling the story of how they did survival training and earning some laughs. The gazer does make sure to omit the part afterwards where they then skinned the demons to the Magus’ chanting to do so.

“This is nice. I like this.” Caleb mutters while looking at some of the closest people to him. He wishes Quinn was here but she said she’d stop by soon with the rest of her sentai team. While to the others it may seem like he’s just acknowledging the mood, the twin is also admitting something for the rest of his selves. For that is the secret of the Conflation multiverse, a realm built upon the dreams of all other places in the grand multiverse. Should one learn of this fact and say it out loud they would ascend to a being of unfathomable power, but Calebs don’t want such things. They just want to be able to be surrounded by their loved ones and allies in times of peace. “This is nice.”

XxxX

A/N Thank you all for coming by and I hope you enjoyed it. It took a bit well since the holidays needed my attention, I was somewhat disappointed how no one really took the chance to give me a prompt which I love doing, and I’ve recently taken up Quest Making which has been engaging. Still I hope you all liked this chapter, if you have request for things you’d like to see feel free to ask, and I hope to see you all next time,

Chapter 16: Question for the fans

Chapter Text

Hey so I just wanted to explain the recent request I put out for a fan made chapter. Basically I wanted to gauge what chapters were popular as well as some of the things you liked. Part of the reason I did this was because as you all may or may not know I posted these stories over on Fanfiction and there was an issue. You probably don’t know however is that for the last few months of the year, at least four months I wanna say, there was an issue with my stories where the Views weren’t being tracked so yeah. I released a few chapters during that time and so I can’t honestly gauge how well some were received.

So basically if you liked certain chapters I’d like to know which ones or perhaps which characters or scenes you liked. I know I usually ask these sorts of questions but this is also from a technical desire so if anyone feels like letting me know the things they’d like I’d appreciate it. Thank you for reading up to this point and I hope to see you all next time.

Series this work belongs to: