Actions

Work Header

A Chance to Take

Chapter 3: Her new Beginning

Notes:

I hope that you are all able to love this work of mine just as much as I do <3 Hoorah! Hoorah!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

She caressed the sheets of her bed, her hands feeling the soft fabric. Izumi moaned as she slowly opened her eyes only to be greeted with the harsh ray of the LED bulb on the white ceiling. It finally occurred to her that she was not in her own room as the whole place she is currently looking at is unfamiliar to her. She quickly got up, blood rushing back to the top which made her head throb by the sudden movement. She silently winced as she tries to recall what happened to her; and she hoped that she didn’t.

 

She remembers being on the burial of her parents, then finds herself in the middle of a busy street where a truck was supposed to hit her. She lost her consciousness afterwards that caused her to have a nightmare. At first, she thought that she was greeted by her father but turned out seeing herself in the ‘past’. Now she knows that her reality was actually her being caught into an accident considering the fact that everything is in white and she is currently sitting on a hospital bed.

 

Someone must have saved her from the accident and now a doctor healed her with some quirk.

 

The curtain that surrounded the whole bed meant to give her some privacy opened. Before her was an elderly woman. She looked a lot like a warm doctor with a small scooter to move her around.

 

The woman smiled gently at her. “How are you child?” She went at her side while checking her temperature then proceeded to open the curtains further.

 

She gave her a wry smile. “Physically better. Mentally tired.” Izumi noticed how her room seemed to be too small. In fact, at first, she thought that she was inside a private room. Perhaps, people knew that her parents were Ground Zero and Deku.

 

The woman proceeded to put her hands inside her pocket as she took out a handful of candies which Izumi gratefully took. “So it seems.” The woman nodded while making notes on a pad, which Izumi does not know where she got it. The woman sighed and frowned. “Child, tell me your name.”

 

Oh. The doctor does not know her at all which was actually odd. Why give her a private room then? “Izumi. “ She tried to give her a smile. “Izumi Bakugou.” She decided to keep her candies inside the pocket of her dress.

 

The woman’s face scrunched in disdain. Throwing the pad away to a nearby table, the woman intensely look at her. “You’re not registered in the school’s registry.”

 

Izumi frowned the gasped, almost choking herself. “S-school?” She can’t be inside a school. Her last memory was in the middle of a street, where cars were rampantly driven. She nervously laughed. “Ma’am p-please do pardon me… I-I was hit by a truck-this should be a h-hospital right?”

 

The woman stared back at her almost in disbelief. “What’s your quirk Miss?” It was a sharp tone.

 

Izumi could only swallowed the invisible lump from her throat as she replied, “e-explosion quirk. Uhm… I can turn my sweat into nitroglycerin.” She gauged her reaction.

 

“Not teleportation?” The woman inquisitively asked as if making sure what she has heard.

 

Izumi shook her head. “No ma’am…my quirk is the same as my father's. You know the hero… Ground Zero?”

 

The woman gaped back at her then proceeded to go to the table as she tapped something from it. A hologram popped open, her small shaky-fingers tapping everywhere. Without even looking back at her, the woman asked, “Izumi Bakugou was it?”

 

“Yes.” Izumi can now feel tension filling the air and if it can choke her, she would have fainted.

 

The tapping stopped and the scooter moved beside her. “My child. There is one person here in the school’s registry with a family name of ‘Bakugou’ and a quirk of Explosion that uses his sweat as his source. Coincidentally, he just chose his hero name, Ground Zero. His name is Katsuki Bakugou.” The woman said slowly then she followed it with a question. “Is that the name of your father?”

 

If her face could further frown, her face would be on the floor. “Yes.” She nodded. She really didn’t get the whole thing but when she heard her father’s name, she just said ‘yes’ because it was the truth. So Izumi couldn’t really comprehend why the elderly woman turned pale and immediately went back to her table.

 

“I would like to request for a meeting to the higher council. I have an emergency situation.”

 

So the situation was that, she was really “accidentally” teleported back to the past and they couldn’t really do about it since they don’t know anyone with time and space manipulation quirk. When Izumi got a hold of the news, she wasn’t really given a time to think about it as the higher council quickly made a decision that she will be kept inside U.A in a guise of being a transfer student. In this way (they said), she will be closer to her father and they could watch over her. Then maybe, a student would appear with a quirk that they are looking for.

 

She was given a set of new uniforms: summer and spring ones, a jumpsuit since she doesn’t have any hero costume. The council also told her that after her official introduction to Class 3-A, she would be transferred to their dorm.

 

It all happened in a flash that when night finally crept in, she found herself staring blankly on the ceiling. She was given the permission to stay the first night inside Recovery Girl’s, Ma'am Chiyo's given dorm.

 

When all of the things finally sank inside of her, she understood that she shouldn’t cry and think of this as a negative event. In fact, she should be thankful. Apart from reuniting with her parents, this is her chance to change the past and the future. Then maybe, her parents would be spared from death; even if it means for her disappearing from existence.

 

She sobbed until she fell asleep.

 


 

 

Izumi inspected herself in front of a full-body mirror. Sighing deeply as she saw how thin she has become. She tried to fix her curly blonde hair as she combed it into a ponytail. She blinked a couple of times. I can do this. She said to herself finally accepting the fact that this is her reality. The good thing is that, she won’t have to mourn anymore because her parents are very much alive and well.

 

She promptly opened her phone and the lockscreen lit with their family picture. Izuku, smiling widely as he hugs Katsuki’s waist, his head leaning on his husband’s chest. Katsuki grinning widely while wrapping an arm around Izuku’s shoulder while Izumi is at the center in front of her parents smiling with both of her hands doing a peace sign.

 

It’s her lucky charm.

 

“Aizawa-sensei is here to pick you up Izumi.” Recovery Girl-Chiyo went beside her and smiled warmly.

 

Izumi snapped her head towards Chiyo as she tucked her phone inside her pocket.

 

The woman dusted the pleats of her skirt to straighten it a bit. “You don’t have to worry about it now my child. Katsuki-your father, would protect you. He was the one who brought you here when you fainted. A parent’s instinct for their children is greater than what ones know.”

 

Izumi felt her heart thumping, her body emitting warmth as she gave Chiyo her best smile. “Thank you so much ma’am. Yes, you’re right. In fact, Daddy’s not the only one. Mommy’s here too.”

 

Now that is something that Recovery Girl did not know. Before she could even ask, Izumi already kissed her forehead and went straight out of the door to greet Aizawa.

 

All the faculty knows her ordeal and they will protect her as well as train her under their care. Aizawa’s face, for some reason, turned sour. When Izumi saw him, she immediately felt nervous. She really didn’t have a chance to personally meet him since when Izuku and Katsuki had her, Aizawa is already in America living there. During the wake, when he visited them, Izumi practically wasn’t really talking to anyone at all.

 

Had she known that she would find herself in this kind of situation, she would talk to him so she wouldn’t really feel uneasy like this.

 

“S-sensei?” She nervously smiled and gave him her best ‘puppy-eyes’. She remembers her aunts and uncles cooing over her big puppy round eyes. Might as well charm the man with her eyes.

Aizawa only grunted and turned his back on her. She thought that the man would never talk. “You look a lot like Bakugou that it creeps the hell out of me since you look nicer and softer.”

 

Izumi wasn’t really expecting that answer. She wasn’t able to hold out her laughter, thinking how it was a nice ice-breaker for her, as she felt herself being relieved with the invisible tension that she’s been holding onto.

 

She remembered many people commented on how she looks exactly like Katsuki; but she begged to disagree. It’s just because of the color of her hair and eyes; nothing more. Her curls are obviously of her mother and the shape of her eyes as well. So she really looks like Izuku in the guise of Katsuki’s.

 

With the thought inside her head, she followed Aizawa to the main building hopping in between, feeling giddy and excited.

 

This is a new day; a new chance; a new beginning.

 


 

Maybe it was wrong to be excited because Izumi could feel her stomach turning upside down. She’s in front of the gigantic door of class 3-A, waiting for the cue for her to come in.

 

“Calm down, calm down. You can do it Zumi!” She chanted and breathed in sharply then breathed all her nervousness out. When she saw Aizawa motioning his hand, Izumi opened the door and went in with a very robotic way of walking.

 

She heard a couple of familiar voices. Some with audible gasps. She stopped from her tracks and swung her body to face them.

“Oh! That’s the freaked-out lady yesterday!”

 

Great. She thought as she saw her uncle Eijirou almost standing up to point his fingers at her. She knew very well how this particular uncle of hers could be very oblivious at some point. She could already feel her face burning, when she sought help from Aizawa, she was shocked to see him cocooned with his sleeping bag.

 

“S-stop it Kiri! It’s not nice!” Ochako said but not too loud to draw the attention towards her. Her finger placed on top of her mouth.

 

Izumi nervously laughed but mentally thanked her aunt Ochako silencing her uncle. When her focus finally dropped to all of them, she finally felt her feet get cold, her face plastered with a forced smile. Weird. Immensely weird because almost all of them are her aunts and uncles and now, they are all young and almost the same age as hers. Her gaze then stopped to Izuku, who gave her a small wave as if he was glad that she was alive and well. Then she saw him clenching his fist and making a small pump with it in the air, encouraging her to not be shy. Her heart fluttered and her eyes almost teary that she decided to momentarily close them.

 

It was already her turn to perform on stage. Izumi, as young as four years old, yearns to be a known idol.

 

“B-but mommy~” Young Izumi whined as she makes small jumps from her place signaling how distressed she is. “I am sooooo afwaid!”

 

Izuku cooed on to her, giving her a small peck on her cheek before bumping their foreheads together. “Listen darling, you will see Mommy and Daddy in front okay? All you have to do is to focus on us and imagine aaalllll people as fried chickens m'kay?”

 

Young Izumi blinked at him before giggling cutely, her mouth showing only three teeth. “Oh mommy! Yummy yummy Chimken!” Her small hands covering her mouth.

 

Izuku nodded his head. “Plus..?” He clenched his fist in between of them.

 

“ULTWA!!!” She mimicked him as they both pumped their fist in the air.

 

“...Plus… Ultra…” She breathed slowly, opened her eyes and gave a small smile to Izuku. Her mother sure could give her such strength. She looked at them as she proudly introduces herself. “Some of you had already seen me and I would first like to apologize from my actions. Before going here, I was hit by a quirk and the result was kind of delayed that was why I was momentarily out of mind…” This was what the higher councils told her to say; and she thinks that she’s actually doing a great job not until her eyes landed on the piercing gaze of her own father.

 

Katsuki’s eyes were sharp as ever that Izumi almost cowered because her father would only looked like that to her if she has done something terrible. Like, really terrible.

 

“Izumi…” Katsuki’s glowered as he looked down on a ten-year old Izumi sitting on the couch.

 

“B-but!” Izumi tried to protest, finding any reason as to why she burned a book of her classmate.

 

Katsuki gritted his teeth, his eyes sharply glinting. “Didn’t I tell you not to bully anyone? I don’t like that and I don’t buy any shit to whatever your reason is.”

 

Truth to be told, Izumi didn’t also see any reason why she would do such. She just felt that her classmate was lower to her and that person was a lame ass. She hiccuped, trying to restrain her tears. Katsuki has already trained himself to not give in with her cries.

 

In a situation like this, Izumi would bawl her eyes out and then, “I’m sorry Daddy! Please don’t get mad! I won’t do it again!~”

 

But Katsuki’s heart finally softened to his daughter, he couldn’t really stand it if she wails like that. He fell on one of his knees and caressed his child’s chubby face. “Listen, Zumi… When the time comes, you’ll regret your actions… And I don’t want you regretting anything okay? Daddy’s not mad. So as long you keep your word. Got it?” Katsuki let Izumi hug him.

 

Izumi stared back at him and bowed her head. “I’m… I’m very sorry  if I have worried you.” It wasn’t really meant for anyone but her own father. Continuing her introduction, she went back to her position and spoke. “My name’s Izumi.” Her eyes went back to Izuku. Her name was derived from her mother’s root kanji. “Izumi Bakugou…” Her voice trailed over as she looked back to Katsuki.

 

She saw almost all of them gasping, trying their best not to look at Katsuki. Her father grimaced at her as if displeased on what he heard.

 

“And my quirk is…” Oh boy, she knows that this would cause chaos soon. “Explosion. My sweat can be turned into nitroglycerin. I can willingly secrete it.” They all gaped at her, some with audible commentaries until Katsuki stood up, slamming his fist on his table.

 

“The fuck are you talking about?! That’s bullshit!”

 

She was already expecting this. Izumi only gave him a smile. Daddy.

 

Katsuki finally snapped, his feet stepping over his table and already readying himself to launch over her. She saw his hand almost activating his quirk when Aizawa suddenly appeared in between them, making Katsuki’s quirk to be void.

 

Aizawa scanned her as if silently asking if she was okay. Izumi sighed in relief.

 

“Kacchan!” Izuku gave Katsuki a sharp look signaling him to calm down and spare her. Instinct.

 

Aizawa waited for the whole class to settle down. “Bakugou Katsuki, if you want to fight the newcomer so badly, wait for the training session. I will personally pair the two of you.”

 

Izumi’s eyes could fall off from shock. “U-uhm-” She can’t. She knows that she will lose. It’s not like she was trained well. She was trained in other aspects like singing or dancing and never fighting. She wanted to ask whether Aizawa was joking or not but Katsuki’s enthusiasm broke the air.

 

“Sure thing! Let’s see who’s greater you cheap duplicate.”

 

Izumi’s mouth fell open. “Uhm… Spare me?”

Notes:

The first few chapters will tackle the relationship between Katsuki and Izumi it will be then followed by Izuku <3