Actions

Work Header

A Chance to Take

Chapter 5: Fight? FIGHT!

Chapter Text

Izumi gently caressed her hand where her mother-Izuku touched a while ago. She kissed her knuckles and silently thanked him for giving her another set of strength. For many times, she was saved by her parents and she thought, ‘They are really such great heroes.’

 

The afternoon session was what she dreaded the most ever since starting her day. It was the training session and they are expected to change from their uniforms to their hero costumes. Since she didn’t have one, she will be using the standard school’s jumpsuit which she knows that it would give her a great handicap.

 

Not that it was really a problem for her. The real problem was that, she was expected to be paired with her own father and fight him over. As if she would stand a chance. She knew that her father was a prodigy. A strong man with brute force and strong quirk, plus he was said to also have a great head.

 

So all she could now is to pray, believe in herself, hope for the best, and change to her jumpsuit. Her hands were already trembling as she fumbled to zip up her clothes.

 

Daddy you look so coooolll!~” five year old Izumi squealed over her father as he placed his mask over his eyes.

 

Katsuki gave her a wicked grin as he put both of his hands under her arms and suddenly hoisted her up in the air. “You bet brat! Is Daddy handsome?” He moved her up and down making the young Izumi giggling and yelping at the same time.

 

“Shuper antsome! Daddy’s the superest hero in the world! Kyaah! Kyaah!” She gave him her best smile that only showed her now five teeth.

 

“You sure can smile with that incomplete set of teeth of yours Zumi.”

 

“Daddy…” She whispered within herself as she closed the door of her locker.

 

“Bakugou-san?”

 

She snapped out of her trance when she heard a woman calling her out. It was Yaoyorozu, smiling gently at her. “I hope that you are feeling well.”

 

Izumi deeply sighed. “I want to be fine. I guess I’ll be marching down to my own death?” She nervously laughed, almost hitting her head on the frame of the lockers.

 

Yaoyorozu placed a warm hand on her shoulder. “If it distresses you so much, I am here to relay to you that Aizawa-sensei will never let his students be hurt. He will stop you if it is needed.”

 

Izumi wasn’t really so sure about that because the last time she heard a story about Aizawa proctoring her parents, Izuku ended up with broken joints. So yeah sure, Aizawa-sensei is the coolest thang.

 

She only raised both of her eyebrows and gave Yaoyorozu an impish smile. “Yeap. Sure thing.” She even gave her a thumbs up.

 

Izumi just hopes that everything will turn out well.

 


 

 

It was obvious that it will never turn out well. Katsuki was enthusiastic to face her. He was in his full hero costume that can even further hone his quirk. His face showing a pompous grin. “Dead meat.” He said as he walked on the middle of the “arena” meant for pair sessions.

 

Izumi could feel herself feeling faint. She so badly wanted to jump over her father and give him a good smack on his back. She nervously walked over to face him. Aizawa-sensei was already standing in the middle, readying himself to start the “fight”. Izumi felt as if she was entering inside an underground match with huge amount of money at stake. Her knees trembled and her body shake with so much tension. The whole class will be watching over them and here she thought that the teachers will protect her. She wondered if Aizawa-sensei was even in his right mind for him to agree with her hot-blooded irrational father.

 

Perhaps, he wanted to make sure if she was really a child of a prodigy.

 

She lamely readied herself as she makes a lame stance. When Aizawa swung his hand as if chopping the air, Katsuki immediately launched an explosion towards her, not even giving her a time to think.

 

Lucky for her, she was able to partially move her body to dodge the attack. However, her right foot slightly caught the explosion's impact making her wince in pain. Her mind jumbled and she thought of many solutions-too many that she ended up not doing anything at all besides from dodging and getting hit.

 

She wasn’t even able to hear or look at her classmates for their reactions, too distracted by her own sentiments. She couldn’t even activate her quirk as if she had forgotten how to do it. As what she had resented before, she wanted to be an idol. She wanted to sing and not scream in agony and fear by an explosion.

 

“WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?! ARE YOU A MOUSE? ARE YOU LOOKING DOWN AT ME PUNK?!”

 

Never. Was what she wanted to respond but Katsuki never gave her a chance.

 

She scrambled her feet to move farther away. Her eyes already stained with tears. If she gets away and reach the outside rim of the “arena”, then it will be all over. All over with an equivalent grade of 0%. Not that it really mattered.

 

However, she suddenly remembered another memory of hers and her parents.

 

“Kacchan! Izumi’s quirk is finally showing!” Izuku crouched down to her.

 

Izumi’s palms were widely open as small shots of fire popped from it followed by a crackling sound. She was instantly awed by the sparkly things that emitted from her.

 

“Kacchan! Hurry up! She’s… she’s-” Izuku scrambled to get his phone from his pocket. Desperate to record the moment.

 

“Here I come!!!” A loud shuffling of feet could be heard making it’s way down from the stairs. Within a second, Katsuki emerged from the door and went over them. “Let me see princess.” He also crouched down and was mesmerized to see Izumi making small explosions with her hands. Katsuki could feel his heart swelling with proud and joy. “This kid is really mine. Just as great as me, I see.” He was grinning ear-to-ear like an idiot.

 

Izuku’s eyes began to water. “I-I thought that she didn’t have any quirk. I didn’t want her to feel the same feeling that I had before…”

 

Izumi looked at them and further lifted her hands so that they can have a great view of her quirk.

 

On that moment, she could feel the immense pride and happiness of her parents.

 

If so, maybe, just maybe if she could be able to face her father and fight him even if she lose, Katsuki will be proud of her. She never wanted to disappoint them because she knew that they’ve never failed her. So why would she?

 

‘Enough of the drama. I can do this. I am a Bakugou. My parents are the top Heroes!’

 

She stopped from her tracks and took a deep breath. She bravely turned around to face Katsuki. She saw him widening his eyes then grinning back at her. She shortly closed her eyes and channeled her quirk that she seldom use.

 

She could feel her hands warming and when she felt that it would finally burst, she swayed it across Katsuki. A loud explosion emitted from her hands as if finally being freed from being held captive for so long.

 

It swept not just to Katsuki but to the whole area that it almost made a huge damage from the harsh impact.

 

The whole class managed to shield themselves by the ice barrier made by Todoroki and the Metal sheet that was made by Yaoyorozu.

 

Katsuki was stunned in his place as Izumi breathed harshly, her eyes still fixed on him. Aizawa was then forced to stop the match and move on to the next pair.

 

Relief washed over Izumi as she helplessly slumped her body on the ground when she came down of the arena. Izuku was already there to greet her.

 

“Izumi, do you want to go to the clinic?” He gently asked as he took her arm and brought it around his shoulders. He could see Izumi feeling faint.

 

She gave him a wry smile. “I’m so tired…” She breathed and Uraraka immediately helped them. "...so tired..." In fact, too tired with this whole ordeal.

 

“Oh my! Look at all the scarring you got.” Uraraka wrapped her arms around Izumi's waist to further support them.

 

Izumi was about to comment back when she saw Katsuki glancing over them. His eyebrows knitting. Her eyes stung and another set of tears were about to roll down when Izuku gave her a light pat on the head.

 

“You did well Izumi. You made us proud.”

 

'Really Mommy? I'm so so happy! I always wanted you to be proud!  I knew that you would be happy. Do you think Daddy feels the same way? Bet he is! He kept on fawning over me when I first had my quirk!'  

 

She wanted to tell it back to him; tell to the whole world that she is proud to be as their daughter. Scream and leap from joy how lucky she is to be called loved by her parents.

 

But Izumi could only stare back at him, her eyes finally giving as tears streamed down endlessly from her eyes. Izuku and Uraraka panicked, murmuring soft words while gently massaging her back; but her eyes were fixed to Izuku.

 

And in between her sobbing she replied, “...I…I always…wanted you… to be proud…”

 

Izuku’s heart swell, wiping her tears from her face with his gloved hands. “Let’s get you to the clinic.”

 


 

 

Izumi trailed her eyes over Izuku’s movement inside the room. He was pacing from the end to other end. They were waiting for Recovery Girl to get inside as she was out for a moment, taking an urgent call from a family member.

 

“The blast Kacchan emitted is eighty-percent, I’m sure of that, and yet the condition of her body only got those damages. The percent of damage she acquired is almost fifty-three percent and she was not even wearing any custom made costume? Izumi really was far behind since she didn’t have her own costume and yet no serious burns could be found. She was tired, exhausted with all of her running and dodging but it doesn’t mean that she was able to successfully and strategically avoid those. Unless…”

 

Izumi giggled inwardly on how her mother mumbles to himself. Something that he usually does even if he was at home or out to go on shopping or having their family time. She remembers those instances wherein they both would mumble by themselves and then her father would tease them on how they sounded like “annoying” bees.

 

“Annoying huh…” Izuku shot a glare on Katsuki who kept his attention on the movie that they were watching.

 

Whenever her parents got the same day-off, they would spend the entire day for some ‘Family time’. Now, they’ve decided to just stay back home and watch a new movie that they bought the other day.

 

“Hey mister. I’m talking to you. Face me!”

 

Izumi suppressed her laughter by biting the insides of her cheeks. Her aunts and uncles would often tell her how Izuku was so timid and shy when they were in high school. He would also never taunt Katsuki for a petty thing; but that was in the past. They are now husbands-married for such a long time that it was a no brainer that Izuku would change.

 

She suddenly heard a small yelp then followed by wet noises, a moan and then-

 

“Mommy, Daddy. If you’re intending to give me a sibling, you can just tell it to me and I’ll just go upstairs.” Without even looking, she giggled her way out of the living room. She even shouted, “GOOD LUCK! MAKE SURE IT’S A BOY THIS TIME!”

 

Now she wonders, what will be the reaction of the past Izuku and past Katsuki if they ever heard that they’ve made a wonderful baby in a form of Izumi.

 

The door opened and Chiyo entered the room with a smile across her face. “Good to see you not severely injured at all Young Midoriya.” She moved her way towards them. Izuku sheepishly laughed at her. “Now who do we have here-Oh!”

 

She couldn't actually believe herself that she would soon see Izumi  just a few hours and in a pretty bad shape.

 

Izumi apologetically smiled at Chiyo. "Good to see you again ma’am.”

 

Chiyo glanced at Izuku then back at her, making a remark. “I guess making some quite injuries is a thing that can be inherited.”

 

She chuckled knowing fully what Recovery Girl meant. “I guess so.”

 

Izuku gave her a questioning look but Chiyo was able to dismiss the confusion inside Izuku when she promptly told him that he can go back to his class. Izuku stayed on his feet. “Is it not possible for me to stay here for a while?” He pleaded and for a moment, Izumi wanted him to stay with her because she feels like she could easily recover if her mother is around.

 

As much as Chiyo wanted to, she refused Izuku’s plea. “I’ll just make sure that she can go back to class as soon as possible. You can rest assure. Go back to your class now.” She gave him a look that made Izuku bow his head and excused himself.

 

When Chiyo was sure that Izuku had gone back to his class, she went back to Izumi. “He is your mother isn’t he?”

 

“You can easily tell?” She lightly shifted her body as Chiyo examines her thoroughly.

 

Chiyo warmly smiled, stopping half-way of her kiss. “I’m a mother too Bakugou-chan. One look and I immediately saw the resemblance.”

 

Now that was something Izumi rarely hears. “Really?!” Her eyes shot up to the elderly woman with enthusiasm.

 

“Yes, you look exactly like him when beaten up.” The woman halfheartedly laughed and proceeded to pucker her lips. “Here I go…”

 


 

 

Izumi was able to get back to the gym quickly. Before she could be even greeted by her other classmates, Izuku immediately spots her. “I have something to ask.”

 

Her heart stammered and the only think she did to respond was to nod her head. What is it that her mother wants to ask?