Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-10-28
Completed:
2020-07-04
Words:
4,006
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
3
Kudos:
189
Bookmarks:
12
Hits:
2,579

Chapter 2

Notes:

i tried keeping this in character. i favored making it cute instead. i'm sorry about that.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

it took a while for cody to be ok again.

he held onto noel. tightly. like the only thing keeping that small body from falling into smaller pieces was holding onto noel. like noel's arms were wrapped around him just to hold him together.

noel let him stay in his lap. he left one arm around cody's waist, his other hand went up to cody's hair to play with it. noel hoped it would comfort him, at least a little. but he didn't really know. noel could feel cody crying into his neck. he pulled away to look at noel and sniffled. he opened his mouth to say something, but started sobbing harder. 

"i'm sorry." he said before closing his mouth and pressing his face into noel's shoulder again.

noel pulled him closer to his chest. just for a moment, so it'd be easier for cody to wrap his legs around noel's waist. except it wasn't just a moment. noel didn't let go. he didn't loosen his hold on cody. "i'm sorry too." noel whispers in his ear. "i should've been more gentle. cody, i'm so sorry."

a moment passed.

"do you wanna put something on? just so your not, like, sitting here naked?"

"yeah... can you help me...?"

noel nodded. "yeah."

cody scooted back onto the bed and off noel's lap. noel got up and walked over to cody's dresser. "do you have a preference, for, like, what i grab for you?"

"uh, sweatpants? i'm kinda cold."

he nodded again, more to himself than anything, and grabbed some sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt, then went back over to cody. cody moved himself so he's sat on the edge of the bed. he has his hands in his lap to cover himself, which was funny. noel had already seen his dick. hell, he's seen his everything. it was absurd, and it kinda made noel want to laugh, but he didn't. he wouldn't. 

noel just handed cody his clothes, and awkwardly looked away. it'd be weird to stare, even if has already seen all of him. cody slipped the shirt on, and pulled his sweatpants up his legs then struggled getting them up his hips. "can you, uh- can i lean on you? it's just, standing-"

"oh uh, yeah, man. i got you." he stepped forward so cody could prop himself against him when he stood. he winced when he did. 

cody pulled his sweats over his hips as quickly as could, and slipped back on the bed. "thanks... are you gonna leave, now?"

"only if you want me too."

"please don't, just stay." cody rushes out.

noel couldn't say no to that, couldn't say no to cody. not when he's like this. so he replies with a quiet 'ok' and lays down, close to cody. they're both on their sides. their arms slung around each other. noel's head is resting on top of cody's, who has his head shoved against noel's chest. 

it didn't take long for cody to fall asleep like that. noel could feel cody relax into his arms as he did. 

it took noel a while longer to go to sleep. he kept replaying the events in his head. it all seemed so unreal to him. he'd seen cody much more vulnerable than he ever has before tonight. he saw cody cry, tonight. he couldn't get that image out of his head. cody bawling, cuddled into his lap, desperate for any bit of comfort he could get. noel hadn't seen him like that before.

there was something about that, about seeing happy-go-lucky cody so vulnerable, that made noel want to protect him. he didn't really know what exactly the pull to 'protect' cody was. noel doubted cody would need to be saved from much. probably not a vibrator, again. he couldn't really think of anything cody would actually need to be protected from at all. yet, he still wanted to. he wanted to be the one cody relied on to protect him.

it was a lot. noel felt a lot in that moment. he's felt a lot this entire night. and most of it he didn't really understand. he does understood a lot of what he felt was for cody.

and really, he had all night to figure it out.

 

-

 

noel woke up on his back. and alone.

"cody?"

he heard the bathroom door open, cody poked his head out, "yeah?"

"uh, morning." cody's hair is wet and flopped over to one side. it looks nice. noel thinks it does.

"morning to you too," he smiled softly, then dipped back into the bathroom for a moment. when he walks back out, noel noticed cody was dressed back up in the clothes that noel had picked for him, earlier. 

he climbs back onto the bed and lays down next to noel again. "i took a shower. i'm, uh, i'm sorry if i woke you up."

"you didn't," he reassures him. cody curls himself back into noel's arms. "just woke up on my own."

cody hummed. "sorry about last night."

"there's nothing to apologize for. genuinely."

cody didn't say anything to that. he did press his face to noel's neck and noel could feel him nod along.

"i'm here for you, y'know. whenever you need me to be." noel's not sure why he just said it so bluntly, and for a moment - the moment he felt cody's body tense up - he regretted saying it. but he continued anyway, "i just care about you a lot, dude."

cody relaxed a bit. "i care about you too." his voice was muffled by noel's neck.

noel nods and kisses the top of his head. but he wants more. he wants to do more. he wants to keep cody in bed all day. not to fuck him, just to hold him. he wants to tell him he's cute. whisper sweet nothings to him because he can. tell him he loves him.

but he doesn't. just mumbles out, "wanna go get breakfast."

he had all night to figure his shit out. and honestly it was pretty straight forward, for noel.

noel has been aware for a while that cody makes him feel some sort of way. it's different than how he feels about his other friends. he's just never fully acknowledged it, except in some short fantasies he occasionally allows himself before he falls asleep.

sleeping in cody's bed, with cody next to him, clinging to him - it wasn't just some stupid fantasy anymore. it was real. it was now. which made ignoring those feeling harder. and he was pretty content with that.

"sure, have any place in mind?"

"nah, i'm good with whatever you want."

"well, if you're buying then how about we go to that café down the street? i love their coffee cake."

"bitch- who said i'm buying?"

cody just smirked. no one had to say it. he just knew noel would. for him.

 

-

 

the walk to the café was filled with some not-so-small talk and endless jokes from noel. the kind that made cody close his eyes and whisper '...dude'.

he wouldn't admit it if asked, but those are some of his favorite moments with noel. just simple, stupid, only mildly morbid (usually), fun moments. they didn't need to be smart or make sense. they were just nice.

noel knew they were his favorite too, or maybe he just liked messing with him. but he always got a little cockier in those moments. like he was showing off.

not that cody was complaining. he thought it was kind of charming.

"hey, codes, go grab a table. i'll go order."

"you don't even know what i want."

"line is long as shit," noel gestured to it. "figure it out and text it to me. you have plenty of time." and then kissed him. not on the lips. just the cheek. and then he walked off to get it line.

cody didn't sit right away. he was sure he looked like an idiot, just standing there, smiling. he looked down at his phone, trying to save himself from looking like a complete idiot. cody glanced around the cafe to find a seat.

cody opened his texts with noel when he sat down, texting out what he wants. cody ended the text with a heart emoji. it was dumb, but he was a little proud of himself anyway.

'ok <3' is what he got back.

maybe fifteen minutes later, noel came back with a tray full of stuff.

"what?" he asked. 

cody figured he meant the cheesy smile on his face. he just shrugged.

noel looked at him as he say down. cody looked away, watching noel move their food and drinks off the tray instead.

"are you blushing?"

"no!-," cody cut himself off. "i mean, um. no, i am not. nope." 

"you are."

an awkward silence started to creep in between them. noel spoke up to try to kill it.

"no, it's like. it's not like that, it's not weird, it's..." noel sighed, picking at his food, "i don't know, man."

cody still don't look back up at him, but smiled at noel's words. "noel-"

"shut up. eat your eggs."

cody laughed, grabbing his fork and knife, and cutting into the eggs. the yolk breaks and runs over the egg and toast. he groans as he takes a bite.

noel laughed at him. "come on, it's not that good."

cody took another bite and moans louder. "noel, fuck, it's so good!"

noel glanced around the cafe, checking if anyone is watching them. they got a few weird looks, no one was really paying attention to them, though. he leans in towards cody, "cody, shut your damn mouth."

cody smirked and opened his mouth to do it again. noel shoved his hand over cody's mouth to thwart his attempt at being annoying. or maybe he's trying to embarrass him. who knows. 

cody poked his tongue out and licked his hand. noel pulled away. "yo, ew. what the fuck, man?"

cody shrugged. "oh, you liked it." cody felt bold, suddenly. "besides," like very bold, "that's the closest you're getting to having your fingers in my mouth, so enjoy it."

"maybe. but if i remember last night correctly, i had my fingers pretty deep in your tight little-"

"yep! yeah. you, um, you remember that correctly." cody felt his face heat up. much worse than earlier. he shoved more egg in his mouth and started chewing, hoping the red painted across his face would just hurry up and fade.

noel snickered, "suddenly feeling shy?"

cody flipped him off and continued eating. they talked and joked a bit more while they ate.

it was reassuring that the vibrator thing didn't make it weird. cody definitely thought it would, even if it was just a bit. but it didn't. if anything, they're a little closer than they were before. it felt like they were. or maybe they were just a bit more flirty now.

maybe that allowed them to be more flirty. after having your friend pull a vibrator out of you, it'd be absurd to have hang ups about a little flirting. and cuddling. and casually kissing your friend on the cheek. which noel did. today. not even an hour ago.

it was nice. cody liked it. he liked noel and being close with him like that.

 

-

 

they finished eating and left. "hey, so, when we get back, you have an plans or anything for the rest of the day?"

cody shrugged. "no. not unless, like, you wanna do something."

"like what?"

"i don't know. watch a movie, maybe? or we could play something. i don't really care."

"kinda sounds like you're trying to ask me out on a low-key date, man. that's pretty sus, dude."

cody made a face, and went into his straight frat bro voice, "ew, no. no- not like that, dude. definitely, not like that."

"i wouldn't mind if it was like that." noel said, grinning.

cody looked over at noel. he was serious. he seemed serious, at least. that was enough for cody. "i don't think i would either."

"so, it's a date then. today's a date day." noel wasn't really saying to him. moreso just saying it to hear it out loud.

"yeah, ok, it's a date."

Notes:

i kept coming back to this fic and had some ideas for it, so I wrote another chapter for it (even tho it's really out of character. whoops). i can't promise whether or not i'll write more.

any and all comments - criticism or otherwise - are welcomed and appreciated. thank you :)

Notes:

you're welcome? i'm sorry? Idk.

i do take criticism. i have edited it a bit here and there a lot, and if i find more typos or weird wording or something, i will again and i might add more because nothing can just be a simple idea for me. everything I write ends up with 3 more parts i never upload. it's becoming a problem, pls send help.