Actions

Work Header

Cold and Dead

Summary:

⚠️ WARNING SPOILERS IN TAGS ⚠️
⚠️ THIS STORY IS VERY DARK AND TO AVOID SPOILERS I AM NOT GIVING WARNINGS BY CHAPTER; READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ⚠️

Izuku has always been bullied, Katsuki always protected him. But when the blonde graduates and goes to UA, what's to stop the taunts from turning into something, much, much worse? And when all hope is lost, how does Izuku learn to live in a world that is anything but black and white.

or

Izuku is one year younger than Katsuki and has to deal with a lot once they're separated.

Notes:

Hello!! I don't like having this many fics in progress at the same time, but wanted to start a new one for nanowrimo, so, here we are~

I hope you enjoy this fic! It will be very angsty but has a slow and calm start.

Chapter Text

Izuku watched from the crowd as his best and only friend walked across the auditorium stage to get his diploma. 

“Congratulations, Katsuki Bakugo,” the headmaster said when he handed the blonde a scroll and posed for a picture. 

When everyone had made their way across the stage and was seated in their seats, the student council president walked up to the podium and gave a beautiful speech about new beginnings and how excited he was to start high school. Junior high school graduations weren’t something important to most people, in fact, most schools didn’t even have a ceremony. But to Izuku, it mattered a lot. It meant that he would be alone. Katsuki was one year older than him, so his graduation meant that he was moving on. Izuku knew he would get into UA and become a great hero one day, but while the blonde was fighting for his dreams, Izuku would still be in their middle school. His last year in a prison with his bullies. Katsuki had always defended him, but that didn’t stop the verbal assaults that were thrown at him whenever the blonde wasn’t around. He was terrified for what it would be like roaming the halls without his protector.

When the ceremony ended, all the graduates went into the crowd to their friends and families. Izuku embraced Katsuki in a bone-crushing hug, tears streaming down his face.

“Why’re you crying Deku?”

“I-I’m just so p-proud of you,” he stuttered out. It wasn’t a complete lie, he was really proud of his friend, but couldn’t deny that his tears were also because of his fear.

“Stupid Deku,” Katsuki said with a laugh when the greenette pulled away, “you’re graduating soon, too.”

“We’re proud of you, son,” his father said, bring the boy in for a hug.

“Thanks, but wait ‘til I get into UA, then I’m expecting some real   fucking congratulations!” Katsuki declared, puffing out his chest. The small group of Bakugos and Midoriyas all burst into laughter.

If you get in, brat!” Mitsuki challenged.

“WHA! I’m definitely getting in, right Deku,” Katsuki looked at him to emphasize his point.

“I don’t know Kacchan… you were kinda slow walking across the stage earlier… are you sure you’ll have the stamina for it?” Izuku responded, barely able to keep in a laugh.

“WHA!!” Katsuki yelped, not expecting the taunt from his usually timid friend, “I’ll prove it to all of you!”

Once again the group erupted into a chorus of laughs before walking to the Bakugos’ car. They had all shared a ride to the school for the ceremony and once again piled into the SUV to go back to their respective homes. Once they arrived and got out of the car, Izuku pulled Katsuki into one more hug and whispered into his ear, “don’t worry, I bet you’ll be the best out of everyone at the entrance exam.”

“I know,” Katsuki whispered back, a blush slowly creeping across his cheeks, “stupid Deku…”

Izuku giggled and gave the blonde a tight squeeze before waving goodbye and walking next door to his own home.

The greenette watched from his window as Katsuki left his home in workout gear to train, not wasting a single hour. As the tanned, shirtless back ran out of view, Izuku sighed. Katsuki really was a perfect alpha. A small smile graced his lips as he turned back to his painting. Izuku was making a painting to congratulate Katsuki after he got accepted into UA. It was an image of him in the hero’s uniform Izuku found designed in the blonde’s bedroom one night. Katsuki was getting yelled at by his mother per usual, while the greenette snooped through his desk, trying to come up with an idea for the present. That’s when he found the meticulous design hidden underneath the alpha’s chemistry notebook. He took a quick picture with his phone which he used as a reference for the painting. He paired the figure with an explosive background and debris flying everywhere. He gave the blonde a mysterious yet serious facial expression as he stared into the distance. Izuku was proud of his work and of the hero that it encapsulated.

 


 

A few weeks after the graduation, the time for the entrance exam arrived. Izuku wished Katsuki luck before his parents drove the alpha to UA. The school was about a six-hour drive from their homes, so the family was going to stay there for a few days as a sort of mini-vacation to explore the area Katsuki would soon be living in. 

By then Izuku had come to terms with the fact that he would never be a hero. He had run into All Might a few weeks prior to the graduation and that encounter was the final hit to break the greenette’s dream. It was okay though, he was exploring his interests and trying to come up with a new dream. He loved analyzing, painting, cooking and really anything artsy. Above all, he loved helping people. He was thinking of becoming a nurse or doctor. If he was a pediatrician he could even use his skills in art to make the kids little gifts or things like that. The more he thought about it, the more the idea appealed to him. He could be a different kind of hero. Besides, even if being quirkless wasn’t an issue, he couldn’t even defend himself against junior highschoolers and their taunts, consistently breaking out in tears, how could he expect to go up against a real villain? He gave a small chuckle. It actually felt good to let go of the dream, he could see it in his mother’s eyes. The pity that was once there in abundance started to fade.

Izuku spent the time that Katsuki was away working on his baking skills. It was fun to do and after he made a dish he and his mom would go to the local homeless shelter and donate it. He made everything from simple strawberry shortcake to hasamigiku. He liked learning recipes from different countries as well as different regions of Japan.

“Wow, Izuku, this tastes great! You really do have a natural talent with baking! Have you thought of opening your own bakery, honey?” His mother asked while enjoying some lapis legit, an Indonesian cake.

“Hmm? I’ve never really thought about it… I guess I could, though. It sounds really fun! But I was thinking of being a doctor or something like that… I really want to help people, you know?”

“Well don’t stop baking, okay? You can do it as a hobby and keep donating to the homeless shelters. I know Ms. Tanaka really appreciates what we’ve brought throughout the years. Everyone at the shelter talks about your progress. You’ve gotten really great since you started in elementary four!”

“Thanks, mom! I remember the first cake I made on my own when I was nine…”

“You got distracted by a news report on All Might!”

“And I ended up burning it so bad that the oven started smoking,” Izuku remembered with a laugh.

“Izuku, sweetheart, are you excited about the retreat this year?” 

The annual retreat. Every year, during the summer, Aldera Junior High had a retreat for all its students. Izuku would usually go, though reluctantly, because Katsuki really enjoyed the trips. However, this year his protector wouldn’t be able to go. 

“I don’t think I want to go this year, mom. Katsuki’s going to UA soon, I’d like to spend as much time with him as I can before he leaves…”

“Oh? That’s sweet, baby, but I think Katsuki will already be in Musutafu moving into his dorm by then. I’ll call Mitsuki to double-check the dates.”

“Oh… Okay, well if he’s already going to be gone, I guess I’ll go.”

“What is it this year, honey?”

“A camping trip.”

“Oh, that sounds like loads of fun!”

“Haha, yeah.”

Izuku never told his mom about the bullying, he didn’t want to worry her, and he convinced Katsuki to stay quiet about it too. It was only words, after all.

 


 

“Hey, nerd,” Katsuki greeted Izuku after waking him up at five in the morning. It was the day after he got back from Musutafu.

“Kacchan? It’s too early for this…”

“You don’t even know why I’m here!”

“It’s too early for anything …” He groaned.

“Hmph, well I was going to take you with me to hang out at the beach, but if you don’t want too…”

“WAIT! The beach?” Izuku jumped out of bed.

Katsuki smirked, “Yeah, I thought I’d be fun to hang out together… My aunt’s going to pick me up soon. She has a little villa right on the water, it’s really nice and my parents volunteered me to house-sit while she’s in the US on a trip.”

“That sounds amazing, Kacchan! And I can come?”

“Yeah, I said I wanted to spend some time together before I have to go to Musutafu and our parents agreed. So, pack your bag, Deku.”

“O-okay!”

Katsuki watched as the greenette darted around the room packing things into a bag.

“Wait, Kacchan, how long will we be there?”

“Two weeks. We’ll be back right before the UA letters come out.”

“Okay.”

Katsuki laid down in Izuku’s bed as the younger took a shower and finished getting ready. He was more excited about this than he was letting on. He was sad he would have to be so far away from Izuku for so long and was ecstatic that they got to spend a whole two weeks alone together. The greenette was going to turn fifteen a few months into the next school year and he hated that he wouldn’t be with him that week. He wanted desperately to be near the younger when he presented, but with his birthday in July, it would be right around UA’s sports festival. The blonde gritted his teeth thinking about it.

“Alright, Kacchan, I’m ready!”

Katsuki grabbed the black duffle bag Izuku had packed and started walking down the stairs. He was excited to spend time with the greenette, yes, but if he was being honest with himself, he was more excited about sharing the little villa with just him. Throughout the past year, the blonde started to notice that his heart would give a little squeeze whenever he saw Izuku, and if he smiled that adorable smile of his, the alpha’s stomach would flip. He knew what that meant, but he wouldn’t admit it to himself. He was leaving in just two weeks and three days. Then he wouldn’t be able to see Izuku for who knows how long. The hero training is intense, so most school breaks are filled with extra combat training. He had no idea when he would be able to return home to see his family or friends. What he did know was that he wouldn’t have the time to keep up a relationship, especially not a long-distance one. So he shut away his emotions and pretended all Izuku was to him was a friend. Part of him knew being alone with the boy for so long was a bad idea, but he didn’t care. He was thrilled.

Soon his aunt arrived and said a quick hello to his parents while Katsuki packed both the boys’ stuff into the car. She was his dad’s sister and much like her brother, she was calm and quiet. The car ride was peaceful and in the early morning, Deku fell asleep. Katsuki chuckled to himself before drifting off with the younger teen. His aunt’s house was a good three hours away so they both enjoyed a nice extension to their night’s sleep.

 


 

When they arrived at the beach house, Katsuki’s aunt gave Izuku a tour while the alpha unpacked the car and moved their things into the bedroom. As the brunette showed the younger teen around the house, his eyes sparkled. The place was really nice and there were windows everywhere that let them see the bright blue ocean and sandy beach. There were a few people relaxing in the sun and Katsuki’s aunt quickly explained that it was a private beach and only residents of the people along its coastline and about two blocks inland, along with any owners of businesses in the same area, were aloud on it.  When she finished explaining all the plants in the small greenhouse and their care routines, an alarm went off on her phone and she wished both the boys a nice stay before getting back in her car and heading to the airport.

“Come on, Deku, I’ll show you around the neighborhood.”

“Okay, kacchan.”

Katsuki grabbed his hand as he led the way out the house. He showed Izuku everything nearby. Izuku took note of an ice-cream shop he definitely wanted to go back to and the nearest grocery store. Katsuki showed him a large parking lot and explained that once a week there was a farmer’s market there where they sold a lot of fruits and homemade pastries and jams.

“We have to go, Kacchan! There’s probably a lot of good stuff!”

“Okay.”

They walked around the town until the sun started to set, the whole time Katsuki pointing out fun hidden gems and retelling memories from the time he would spend there with his whole family.

When they got back to the house, Izuku watched as Katsuki immediately went to the fridge and started to pull out ingredients.

“Are you making dinner?”

“Yeah, I think I’ll make a beef stir fry since she just has a lot of random shit in ‘ere.”

“Okay, that sounds good! Maybe if they have some good apples at the farmer’s market, I can make some apple pie later. I can make one normal one for me, and an angry one for you.”

“An angry one? How the fuck do you make an angry pie??”

“Haha, it’s just what a spicey apple pie is called.”

“Oh.”

Izuku thought about the pies and how he should make the top crusts. He planned their designs as he watched Katsuki cook, the dish soon scenting the home and making Izuku’s stomach grumble. His sense of smell was quite weak since he hadn’t presented yet, but he could still smell a hint of cinnamon amongst the food. He imagined what it would be like to smell Kacchan after he presented. Most scents have multiple components, but all Izuku could make out from the alpha was the cinnamon. He couldn’t wait to smell the intricacies of the other’s scent, as well as fully develop his own. He knew he was most likely to be a beta, as is 85% of the population, so he would never be able to smell everything like an alpha or omega could, but he was still excited for the improvement.

 


 

Katsuki could feel the greenette’s eyes on him as he mixed the herbs into the stir fry. Every now and then he glanced back towards the boy to find him lost in thought. The sunset coming through the window gave Izuku’s ivory skin a warm glow in the otherwise dark home. Katsuki smiled as he took in the greenette’s calm expression.

When he finished cooking, he plated up the food before adding copious amounts of chili flakes to his own portion.

“I don’t know how you eat something that spicy, kacchan,” Izuku said, his face scrunching in distaste.

“I don’t know how you eat something so bland, Deku”

“It’s not bland! You added plenty of flavors it’s just…”

“Bland,” Katsuki finished when the other couldn’t think of the right word.

Izuku huffed and the blonde let out a chuckle. He liked this. Watching Izuku as they ate without any interruptions. A calm silence settled into the room as Katsuki’s eyes were continually drawn to soft, pink lips.

 


 

Izuku ate as he watched the sun set over the waves, completely oblivious to the blush creeping up the skin of the boy in front of him.

When they finished their food, Katsuki pulled up Netflix on the living room TV and they looked at which movies to pick.

“So, Deku, what do you wanna watch?”

“I think we should watch an old time crime.” “Old Time Crime” was what people called crime dramas that were set in a world without quirks.

“Okay.”

“What’s that one?” Izuku asked, pointing to a thumbnail with a fancy wood box with a red button on top.

“The Box: the consequences of pushing a mysterious button are as clear as life and death. It’s the decision that’s strange,” Katsuki reads off the screen, “sounds okay, wanna watch that?”

“Sure.”

Pulling the throw blanket tighter around them, Izuku cuddled up against Katsuki who draped his arm around the younger boy’s shoulders.

 


 

Half-way through the movie, Katsuki looked over to find the greenette asleep on his chest. He pressed pause and picked up the younger teen, carrying him into the bedroom. Since his aunt lived alone, there was only one bedroom. The house technically had two, but she converted the other into a craft room about three years ago when Katsuki’s parents decided to stop spending the holidays there and instead go to different areas of Japan when they wanted to get away. Admittedly, Katsuki forgot about that detail when he asked to bring Izuku with him. He pulled off the greenette’s shirt and pants before changing him into his pajamas. Izuku was a deep sleeper and it was near impossible to wake him up. This was something Katsuki had done numerous times when Izuku slept over at his house. He tucked the freckled teen into the covers before changing himself and joining him. Whenever they slept over, one of them would sleep on the floor. That had been the arrangement for years since both boys had small beds. But this bed was queen-sized, so there was plenty of room for them both. Katsuki wanted to pull the boy closer and hold him, but instead, he turned his back to the greenette and sighed. Maybe this was a worse idea than he thought.

Chapter 2

Notes:

I'm sorry, I know I'm awful at writing happy and calm scenes... But I promise when the angst comes, it will be great~

I honestly can't wait for one specific moment but it's pretty far away for now...

Anyway, I hope you like this in the meantime!

Chapter Text

Katsuki woke up to an empty bed. When he saw the greenette was no longer next to him, he immediately jumped out of the covers. He knew the boy probably just woke up before him and was somewhere in the house, but that logic didn’t quite tamper his protective alpha instincts. He searched around the house only to find Izuku in the last place he checked, the greenhouse. He watched the other boy as he hummed while watering the plants. He moved around the room and it almost looked as if he was dancing. The blonde smiled when Izuku turned towards him, a soft smile adorning his face.

“Morning, Kacchan!”

“Morning, Deku. Have you had breakfast yet?” Izuku shook his head in response. “Okay, I’ll make some scrambled eggs.”

“Okay!”

Katsuki made his way to the kitchen and started gathering some oregano and ginger to add to the eggs.

 


 

Izuku was happy as he finished tending to the plants. He was a magnificent baker, yes, but an average cook at best. It was something he would have to work on in the future. On the other hand, Katsuki made some of the best food Izuku’d ever tasted, but if you asked him to make cookies, you’d better be prepared for them to be very well done. Even though he was so good at it, Katsuki didn’t cook very often, so Izuku was admittedly pretty excited that the alpha was taking charge of the meals so far. The blonde had a way of making even the simplest things taste like heaven.

“It’s ready!” Izuku heard the alpha yell from the kitchen.

“Coming!” He yelled before skipping into the kitchen to eat.

When they finished their meal, Katsuki suggested spending the day on the beach. Izuku agreed and they got dressed in their swimsuits and headed outside. Izuku beelined straight for the ocean. The hot sun on the sand made his feet burn and he regretted deciding not to wear any shoes. He hated the feeling of sand between his feet and flip flops so he went without them. Izuku never ran faster in his life and jumped into the cold water. When he did, relief washed over him and he looked over his shoulder to see the alpha stroll up to him with a smug I-told-you-so look on his face.

“Sand’s hot?” Katsuki asked with a knowing smirk.

“...yes,” Izuku answered, hiding his face.

The blonde stepped out of his shoes before tossing them further up the beach and joining the greenette in the waves.

“Race you to the buoy,” Kacchan said as he dove into the sea and started swimming.

“Kacchan! No fair!” Izuku yelled before joining his friend.

The spent the day playing in the water. The tide was calm, so they didn’t have to worry about being pulled beneath the waves to drown.

 


 

Katsuki splashed Izuku as the sun set behind him. He realized that once again the pair had forgotten to eat lunch while caught up in the day’s activities. He sighed as he called out to Izuku who was chasing a purple fish.

“We should go eat.”

“Oh wow, it’s gotten late fast,” Izuku realized, “I’m hungry…”

“That’s why I said we should eat, nerd,” Katsuki said rolling his eyes.

The alpha once again made stir fry and reminded himself that if nothing else they had to go to the grocery the next day.

After dinner they went straight to bed, both exhausted from swimming all day long. Izuku fell asleep within a minute and Katsuki watched as his chest slowly rose and fell. He reached out and put his hand into soft green curls.

“I wish I could do this while you were awake…” he whispered to himself.

He let his hand cup Izuku’s cheek and felt the sleeping boy nuzzle into it. The feeling made his heart warm. He wished they could be like this all the time. Or at least once. Just once when Izuku was awake. He let his mind hope for just one moment where he could hold the boy close to him and stare into emerald eyes with something more than just friendship. He sighed and once again turned away from freckled ivory skin. He knew he shouldn’t let himself hope for things like that. It only made him want it more. And it didn’t matter how badly he wanted it. Even if he was okay with only one moment or one kiss, he knew that wouldn’t be fair to Izuku. The younger boy only saw him as a friend and confusing him about his own feelings and then leaving would be cruel. Katsuki forced himself to think of other things and eventually drifted off to sleep.

 


 

The next day Katsuki was the one to wake up first. He took a shower and got dressed before deciding to go to the grocery store. When he was ready to go he saw that Izuku was still asleep so he left a note for the boy on the kitchen counter.

It didn’t take him long to pick up enough food for the rest of their time there. He made sure the ingredients were varied so they wouldn’t be stuck eating the same flavors over and over again. He paid with the money his aunt had left for them and exited the store. On his way back to the house he saw a street vendor selling sata andagi and picked up a few to surprise Deku. It would be a good breakfast along with some fresh fruit. 

When he got back to the house he saw Izuku was awake and once again tending to the garden. 

“Deku, I’m back, and I got you a surprise!” He smirked as curious green eyes ran up to him.

“What is it?”

“Breakfast,” Katsuki said holding up the bag of andagi.

Izuku followed him into the kitchen and when Katsuki poured the dough balls into a bowl he could practically see drool pooling in the other’s mouth.

“You got andagi!” Izuku squealed.

“Yeah, and some fruit. I’ll cut it up.”

As he sliced the strawberries, peaches, and figs, Izuku started to eat the andagi. He smiled up at the boy, plopping a juicy piece of peach into his mouth before holding one out for the greenette. Izuku quickly ate the piece from his hands, the sweet fruit lighting up his face. Katsuki felt his heart squeeze and a deep blush overcame him. Izuku looked at him confused for a second and Katsuki shook his head. Damn it! They had been friends for so long and Izuku didn’t think twice about the action. It wasn’t like they’d never fed each other before, but Katsuki had avoided it after he realized that his feelings had started...changing. The peach’s juices coated Izuku lips and the younger teen licked them clean. Katsuki couldn’t pull his eyes away from the small pink tongue. Fuck… this was a really bad idea… he thought.

Needing some fresh air, Katsuki declared he was going to go for a run in the local park. It would give him some time to be alone and clear his thoughts. He quickly changed into his workout clothes and ran out the house.

 


 

With Katsuki gone, Izuku looked at everything the blonde had bought. The fruit was delicious and Izuku got an idea. He took some of the money Katsuki’s aunt had left them from the living room and went to the grocery store. There he picked up some corn syrup and lemons before heading back to the house. He squeezed all the lemons and collected their juice before he started boiling the sugar and corn syrup. As the mixture cooked, Izuku cut most of the fruit that Katsuki had bought into small squares, about a centimeter all ways. When the sugar-lemon mixture was done, he started to dip the squares in before setting them to cool. By the time Katsuki came home a few hours later, Izuku had the dessert prepared. Hard coated squares of strawberries, grapes, peaches, blueberries, pineapples, papayas, apples, and mangoes were mixed into a large bowl. The candies were sweet and sour thanks to the lemon Izuku added to the sugar shells and his tongue lit up with flavor.

 


 

Katsuki walked in the house to see Izuku cleaning the kitchen and a bowl full of candy on the counter.

“What’s that?” He asked.

That’s for after lunch, I made it with the fruit you bought.”

“You made it?”

“Mmhm, what are you gonna make for lunch, Kacchan?”

For some reason, the assumption that he was going to make lunch filled the alpha with a sense of pride. He felt like he was providing for the younger boy and his instincts loved it.

“I was thinking curry, sound good?”

“Yeah!”

Katsuki made the meal easily, it was his signature dish after all. The boys sat down to eat it and once again there was a calm silence and an enraptured blonde.

When they finished, Izuku opened a window to let in the salty sea breeze and Katsuki carried the bowl of candies to the couch.

“What do you wanna do for the rest of the day, Deku?”

“Hmmm… Why don’t we just stay in today? It’s really hot outside…”

“Okay.”

Katsuki turned on the TV and let whatever show was on serve as background noise as he catted with Izuku. He picked up one of the sweets and smelled it before plopping it into his mouth. When he bit down, his mouth exploded with the flavors of sweet peach and tangy lemon. They swirled together to play off of each other and juxtapose just like the textures: soft fruit and a hard shell.

“These are great!”

“Haha, thanks, Kacchan!”

Katsuki watched as a blush decorated freckled cheeks. Praise always made Izuku blush and his heart ached to capture that beauty forever. His hand reached out towards the greenette before he could think, but when he caught himself he took another piece of the glazed fruit instead. He watched as Deku took a piece as well and pushed it between his plump lips, letting his finger follow. Katsuki felt his breathing stop. He stared at the younger teen while the other turned his attention to the program they were ‘watching’.

We’re friends. Just friends.

Katsuki repeated those words in his mind like a mantra. Izuku could be so sensual sometimes but he had no idea and it drove the alpha crazy.

Yeah. This was a very, very bad idea.

Teenage alpha hormones aside, the greenette did something to the blonde and he adored every second of it. His mind clashed between his desire and his sensibility, between his heart and his mind.

They spent the rest of the day sitting there watching TV and talking. It was calm and beautiful to Katsuki’s mind. He felt like he could spend the rest of his life with the younger boy. And that’s when it hit him. Maybe he could.

He was about to leave for UA, but maybe after that he could be with Izuku. He knew he would still want to. Once he’s a full-fledged pro-hero he could ask Deku out. They would both be presented by then and as long as the greenette wasn’t seeing someone else, there would be nothing in the way. He knew Izuku would finish junior high at the same school and would likely go to the local high school as well. He hated the way everyone picked on the younger boy, he hated how sad it made him. But… he couldn’t deny that he liked being Izuku’s only friend. He couldn’t deny that he liked being needed. He also couldn’t deny that he liked the security it provided him while he was at UA—no one would try to steal the greenette away. Izuku would present as a beta like his mom and be able to smell the emotions in Katsiki as well as release his own. While betas were less sensitive and less potent than omegas and alphas, Katsuki was still giddy at the thought of smelling Izuku’s scent. Since he hadn’t presented yet, he still smelled like a mix of his parents: citrus and eucalyptus. But when he did present he would develop a scent all of his own and Katuski was ecstatic to smell it.

 


 

A few days later and the boys were getting dressed to go to the farmers market. Izuku was excited to see all the different pastries and things people made and Katsuki was excited to see Izuku excited.

They made their way to the parking lot with Katsuki in charge of the money to prevent Izuku from buying everything so that he didn’t “hurt the vendor’s feelings.” Katsuki laughed thinking about Izuku’s reasoning to buy bag of sunflower seeds from someone at a festival a few years prior. The nerd hated sunflower seeds.

When they arrived at the market, green eyes looked at everything excitedly.

“Come on, Deku, let’s start over here.”

Katsuki grabbed Izuku’s hand and pulled him towards a stall selling homemade jams. He held onto the greenette under the pretense that he didn’t want the other to wander off and get lost, as he was prone to do, but in reality, the alpha just wanted to feel the warmth of the other boy’s hand in his.

They spent the next few hours at the market with Izuku tasting everything the vendors offered. In the end, they bought some blackberry jam and the apples Izuku wanted to make pie. They made a quick trip to the grocery store before heading home to get everything else the greenette needed.

 


 

By nightfall, the pies were done. Izuku ended up deciding on a lattice crust, but for the angry pie, he added some red food coloring to the dough and decorated every junction with a frowny face.

The greenette burst into laughter when he saw the shocked and offended look the blonde gave him when he saw his pie.

“I thought you said angry was just the fucking name!” The hot-head yelled.

Izuku only responded with more laughter, wiping away tears that formed in his eyes. He watched as Katsuki angrily cut a slice and started eating it while grumbling to himself under his breath. Izuku smiled thinking about the blonde’s version of his own muttering. But if they didn’t rub off on each other, could they even be called best friends?

 


 

It was the last night of their time at the beach. When the sun was at its peak the next day, they would be on their way to their respective homes. The thought saddened Katsuki. He enjoyed their time together, even when they went to the ice-cream parlor only for Izuku to get distracted and walk into the blonde’s back on the way home, effectively staining his white shirt with what was left of the greenette’s deep red cherry ice-cream. He sighed as he heard the shower turn off and waited for the freckled boy to join him on the couch. Soon enough he did, hair still damp and a towel draped across his shoulders.

“Kacchan?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m going to miss you…”

“Huh? What’s this all of a sudden?” He asked, nudging his friend, “I’ll be right next door.”

“No,” the greenette shook his head, “I mean after… when you go to UA…”

Oh. “Oh,” Katsuki looked into sad eyes that were starting to swell with tears, “I’ll miss you too, nerd, but you can always call me, anytime.”

“Yeah, but it’ll be… different”

Katsuki looked deep into emerald eyes as a silent tear sunk down a freckled cheek, “I know…”

Sadness was evident on both boy’s faces and Katsuki pulled Izuku against his chest. He wanted nothing more than to stop the sadness in the other boy. For once he was the one to make Deku cry, not some extra in their school. He wanted to keep Izuku near him and protect the younger boy forever. The alpha burrowed his nose into the damp curls and smelled the sweet teen. The greenette squeezed him tight—as if it was the last time he’d ever see the blonde. When he eventually pulled away, Katsuki’s heart outran his mind and he pulled the boy right back, never wanting to let go. But, this time crashing their lips together. He heard a small gasp from Izuku. 

 


 

Complete shock overtook the young boy as Katsuki kneaded their lips together. A hand found its way into his green curls as the kiss turned more aggressive, hungry. He didn’t know what to do. He had never thought about the blonde romantically before, but, he couldn’t deny the fact that the kiss felt good. Really good. When a tongue prodded his lips he let them open and immediately felt the older boy start to explore his mouth.

 


 

Katsuki devoured the greenette, greedily kissing him. He knew what he was doing was wrong, but in the moment, he didn’t care. He felt a soft moan through the kiss and it snapped his mind awake. He pulled away and brushed his thumb against the other’s lips. Shit. As Katsuki saw the haze slowly clear from emerald eyes, he watched as pure and utter confusion took over the greenette’s face. Guilt settled in his gut.

“S-sorry,” the alpha said before running out the house.

 


 

Did Kacchan just stutter?! The blonde’s hasty exit only confused Izuku more as he stared at the spot Katsuki was sitting and felt his own lips. He tried to think about what had just happened but the only thing that he could decipher was his brain’s constant repetition of what?

 




Katsuki walked along the shoreline with his hand to his lips. He had just kissed Deku. And of course, he didn’t just kiss him like a normal person, no he had to go all out. He gripped his own hair and groaned. How could he let that happen? He did what he had been wanting to do for so long and it felt amazing, but, at the same time, it wasn’t enough. He wanted more. He didn’t want to be alone walking along a shoreline. But he had to be. Guilt tore through him for what he’d done. While it seemed like Izuku enjoyed it, he knew the boy was confused because he knew that he had never thought about Katsuki as more than a friend. He didn’t even know if the greenette was even gay! How was he going to explain this...

Chapter 3

Notes:

So this was supposed to be nanowrimo but then I got busy and now it's the 23rd... so I think it's safe to say this is a fail... I'll try again next year 🤷♀️

I won't stop the story though!

Chapter Text

When Katsuki’s aunt got there to give the boys a ride back to their homes, the nervous blonde and confused greenette got into the car without a word. Katsuki looked out the window trying to hide his blush while Izuku stared at him. The explosive teen still didn’t know why he did what he did, well he knew why, but that why wasn’t good enough for him. He ended up sleeping on the beach the night before, enjoying the calm of the cool night air. Being stuck in such a small space with Deku did things to his heart as he heard his aunt regale stories about her trip, oblivious to the awkwardness in the back seat.

“So how was your little trip, boys? Anything exciting happen?”

Katsuki felt his stomach drop.

“Ummm, well we went to the market, that was fun!” Izuku answered gleefully but Katsuki could sense the mild strain in his tone. Or maybe he just imagined it? He shoved his body further into itself, trying to escape the space, while gritting his teeth in annoyance. Everything would be fine right now if I wasn’t so god damn stupid!

 


 

Izuku wasn’t paying much attention to Katsuki’s aunt, his mind was mainly on the boy himself. He noticed Kacchan hadn’t stepped foot inside the house until his aunt arrived and he had to get his bag, which Izuku packed for him the night before. He also watched as the anger grew in the blonde throughout the car ride. Guilt swirled in his stomach and he bit his lip. He didn’t know what to do. Should he say something? He wished they were alone. Izuku tried to figure out what was making the teen so mad. Maybe he was upset because he would have rather been kissing someone else? Maybe a girl? But Izuku couldn’t figure out who specifically. Maybe someone he met while he was at UA? Or maybe it didn’t mean anything but Izuku was really bad at it so it was no fun for the older boy? If that was the case then it wasn’t his fault! Kacchan knew he had never kissed anyone before! Whatever happened, he knew it was most likely his fault. Maybe it didn’t involve the kiss at all? Maybe he was just nervous since UA’s acceptance letters were coming soon? No. He was definitely angry. More confused than when he started contemplating, Izuku gave a small, inaudible sigh and turned his gave to his own window and his attention to the blonde’s aunt. They would be home soon. 

 


 

When his aunt pulled into his driveway Katsuki was quick to jump out and grab both the boys’ bags, dropping his off by his front door before walking next door to Deku’s house. He stood by the door gripping tightly to the greenette’s bag. He wanted to run into his bedroom and slam the door behind him, blocking out the rest of the world; but more than that, he wanted to talk to Deku. Say something, even if he didn’t know what yet.

When timid green eyes met his own, he sucked in a breath. His heart dropped and his mind went blank.

“I can…” his mind scrambled for words, “bring this up to your room for you? If you want?”

That’s what you're going with?!

At least the privacy of Deku’s house would make things easier since his mom was at work that day.

“Sure, thanks.”

Katsuki watched as the younger boy struggled with the keys and he felt his palms sweating. When the door finally opened, Katsuki followed Deku inside and up the stairs to his room.

“Listen, Deku, about last night…” He couldn’t bring himself to finish the sentence, to apologize. He didn’t want to have to. He didn’t want kissing Deku to be a bad thing.

“It’s okay, Kacchan, you don’t have to explain.” Izuku looked understanding as he said it, but Katsuki could see a sadness lurking beneath the surface of his irises.

He wanted to reach out, to touch, to explain, but he couldn’t. The words refused to leave his hormone bolted mouth and touching the greenette would be the exact opposite of helping. He let out a small breath and nodded before turning away and leaving. He made his way to his own room with a hanging head and curled into his bed, ignoring the sand that fell from his hair.

 


 

Katsuki stared at the projection of All MIght. He was accepted to UA. That outcome wasn’t unexpected, in fact, he would have been completely dumbfounded if he wasn’t number one. But he found his body in a state of shock. He couldn’t process anything and simply stared ahead, even when the video ended. He was going to go to UA. He was going to be a real pro hero. Once everything finally settled into him, he dashed out of his house and ran next door. He pounded on the door until he saw a freckled face.

“I JUST GOT THE FUCKING LETTER FROM FUCKING UA AND ALL MIGHT’S GOING TO BE A FUCKING TEACHER THERE!”

He was ecstatic!

 


 

Izuku stared at him in disbelief. Not that he got into UA, that wasn’t even a question, but that he was happily announcing it like nothing happened. It had been three days since they got back from the beach and in all that time the boys hadn’t spoken once. Izuku tried to, knocking on the blonde’s door while both of their parents were out.  He could see Kacchan through the window on his walk over but no one ever answered the door. He was being ignored by his one and only friend and it had hurt him. He barely left his bed, constantly blaming himself for somehow ruining the best thing he had. And then there’s a bagging on his door. He felt happiness surge inside of him. I guess Kacchan just needed some time to cool off! He leaped into the older boy’s arms.

“I’m so proud of you Kacchan! I knew you’d get in!” Izuku said right into the other’s ear.

 


 

At that moment, the shock left Katsuki and his memories returned. The kiss, the avoidance. He knew it was all wrong but did it anyway and now the greenette was happy for him like it was nothing. Nausea swelled through him as guilt once again settled, but he pushed it down and hugged Deku back. If the younger could pretend it never happened, so could the older. He let the citrusy eucalyptus wash over him and he held the boy tight and once again his excitement returned.

 


 

It was two days before Katsuki left when Izuku’s mom called him down from his room.

“Mom?”

“Hi, Sweetie, can you sit down for a minute?”

“Sure, what’s wrong?”

“I know you wanted to see Katsuki off to UA, but I got a call from the school. It seems like the bus for the trip was double-booked so the trip was moved to leave tomorrow afternoon instead of the next day…”

“What!? But-but that means I’ll miss him leaving!”

“I know, I’m so sorry Izuku, but you know I can’t drive you that far myself.”

“I-I know, mom, I’m sorry. I just… wasn’t expecting that…”

“I know, you should get packed up now.”

“Okay,” Izuku started to the stairs, “oh, mom?”

“Yes?”

“Could you give Kacchan my present for me? I wanted him to get it the day he leaves.”

“Sure!”

“Thanks!”

Izuku slowly started to pack his bag. His emotions were spinning. It was true he didn’t want to miss seeing Kacchan off, but it was also true that the trip terrified him.

When he was about halfway done he heard his phone go off.

Izuku turned off his phone, leaving the message on read. He knew he should tell Kacchan that he was leaving that day, but he couldn’t. If he left with his mom in the morning then that would be it. By the time he came home, Izuku would be gone. His heart hurt but at the same time he let out a small chuckle, “at least now I don’t need to worry about how to say goodbye.”

He threw his phone into a drawer to avoid thinking about it and instead focused all his attention on the extremely complicated task of packing.

 


 

Katsuki hadn’t heard a bing but checked his phone anyway. Still no response. It wasn’t like the nerd to ghost.

“Hmph.”

“Brat! Stop using your phone while we’re trying to eat dinner!”

“I just looked at it for a fucking second, Old Hag!”

“Watch your mouth you little shit!”

Quickly his mind was distracted by his mother, his father sighing from the other side of the table.

 


 

Izuku watched as Katsuki was dragged into his parents’ car through his window.

 


 

While they were shopping, Katsuki was getting more and more freaked out over the radio silence, and eventually decided to text again.

About an hour later and his messages weren’t even read.



“Honey! The bus is here!”

“Coming!”

Izuku ran down the stairs, bag in hand, and out the door, waving to his mom as he went. A smile was plastered onto his face as he stepped through the clear plastic doors. He gave one last glance and wave to his mom before finding an empty seat in the back and letting the smile drop. He shoved his bag between his legs and looked out the window, fear swirling inside him stronger and stronger every second. He watched the surroundings start to blur as the bus pulled away. Izuku had counted the people he passed as he boarded and there were only three others. He knew the bus would be full by the time all the kids were picked up and his stomach dropped thinking of who he would end up next to. He curled into himself, trying his hardest not to cry. It definitely wouldn’t help if the waterworks started before anything even happened. Part of him wanted to call Kacchan, but he had left his phone in the drawer in his room, not able to bring himself to remove it or turn it on. He took a deep breath and focused on the houses he passed. Everything will be okay. It will.

 


 

“Hey Old Hag! I’m fucking leaving!”

“What did you say, Brat?! How do you think you’re gonna fucking get home!?”

“However the fuck I want!”

Everyone in the small shop was staring at the mother-son pair, but neither cared. It wasn’t like it was a first occurrence.

“And why do you suddenly need to fucking leave?!”

“Because Deku isn’t answering his fucking phone!”

“Oh?” Everything about his mother changed instantly and it made Katsuki nervous. “You’re worried about him? It’s so sweet how much you care about your little crush~”

Katsuki was redder than a boiled lobster. Half the spectators had their mouths agape and the other half was trying, and failing, to hold back laughter. Katsuki flipped his mom off and stormed towards the parking lot, but he heard her rambunctious laugh echo behind him.

He stood by their car, anger projecting off of him like an explosion...only bigger than the literal ones that were coming off his hands. Luckily for everyone else in the mall parking lot, it didn’t take long for his mom to join him.

“Come on, Brat, let’s check on your sweetheart~” she teased.

“Fuck you, Hag.”

She responded with a chorus of laughter.

When they were parked in their driveway Katsuki immediately dashed to the Midoriya’s door and started banging. The door was quickly opened but by the wrong greenette.

“The fuck is Deku!?”

“Hm? I’m sorry Katsuki, but you just missed him.”

“HUH?!”

“Hm? Oh, dear! Did he not tell you?”

“Tell me what?”

“The school trip got moved. The bus picked him up about an hour ago now.”

Katsuki’s thoughts raced through his mind. For one, he knew the only reason Deku went on those trips was because he wanted to, the nerd couldn’t hate them more. Secondly, WHY THE FUCK DIDN’T THE NERD SAY ANY-FUCKING-THING!? He must have been gawking because Deku’s mom started talking again.

“I can’t believe he didn’t tell you… I know he wanted to spend as much time with you as possible before going to UA. At first, he didn’t even want to go on the trip since he thought it would be before you left…”

Katsuki tuned her out after that. If there was anything Izuku was, it was smart. The idiot was a genius. There was no way he would mess up the dates of the trip. He didn’t want to tell his mom why he really didn’t want to go. And then it got moved. And he had to leave early. And Katsuki was going to the mall. He knew how the greenette liked to deal with his problems, and it wasn’t healthy. The nerd would distance himself from everything possible to try and stop feeling emotions, only, it never worked and made him feel completely isolated.

“Shit!” Fuck. He hadn’t meant to say that out loud.

 


 

“Well, well, if it isn’t Quirkless.”

“Didn’t think you’d show without your bodyguard this year…”

“Must be a masochist too…”

The three boys started cackling. They were his main bullies. No one was nice to him, but these guys… they were just plain cruel. He wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up as villains. Izuku pulled himself even tighter together and tried his best to ignore their words.

“Don’t worry, we won’t hurt you… yet. Teacher’s here after all.” One of the boys whispered into his ear. “But we’ll see you later…” the boy continued whilst tightening the greenette’s tie.

When the group left to find spots near their girlfriends, Izuku frantically loosened his tie so he could breathe. He felt some tears start to fall down his cheeks.

“Every seat on the bus is going to be full, I guess I’ll take this one~”

Izuku shivered. His worst nightmare was coming true.

 


 

Katsuki ran to Izuku’s room to look for his phone after trying to call it four times only to go straight to voicemail. If the nerd forgot his phone in his room he would kill the dumb fucking idiot. After some digging, he found it, neatly tucked away in a drawer—turned off, not dead. It wasn’t forgotten. It was left. He threw the phone aside to avoid exploding it. As he was about to storm over to his own house, Katsuki knocked over Deku’s easel.

“Fuck.”

He picked it up to put it back in place, but when he removed the cloth that was covering the painting he froze. He saw his own face staring back at him. A smirk and both sent chills down his spine and pide to his heart. He analyzed every detail about the painting and didn’t hear Deku’s mom come up behind him.

“Oh! I was supposed to give that to you tomorrow, but since you’ve seen it now, I guess you can just take it.”

“It’s for me?”

“Yes! He painted it for you as a congratulations for getting into UA.”

“How did he know what I want my costume to be?”

“You know Izuku, he has his ways,” she said with a shrug.

Katsuki turned back to the painting warmly, “thanks ‘zuku,” he whispered.

Inko squeezed his shoulder and he turned to give her a big hug before leaving to his own home. He hated that they didn’t have a goodbye, but there was nothing he could do about that now. He learned from the nerd’s mom that they were camping and Izuku had probably left his phone behind because there wouldn’t be a signal there and he didn’t want to risk losing it. It made sense. Katsuki worried about him some, but it’s not like the bullying would be anything new. And it wasn’t like it would be different just because Katsuki wasn’t there. There were days when the blonde was sick and nothing changed about Izuku’s day. He took a deep breath and got ready to go to UA. He knew Deku would be alone once he left, what did a week early matter?

 


 

Izuku didn’t have to turn his head to see the girl next to him. He had memorized every detail about her from all the time she tormented him. She was terrifying. According to anyone but him, she was the sweetest girl in the school. She wanted to follow her mother’s footsteps and become a hero. Her golden her was completely inconspicuous. Unlike her mother, her relation to snakes wasn’t obvious. Her talon-like nails could secrete all different venoms. And she liked to test them. Izuku felt his mouth dry as her nails scraped along his jeans.

“You know, I think I have a pretty good grasp on my power now, but to be a real hero, I need to be good at every kind of fighting. I’m sure we’ll be able to find some time to spar during the trip, right?”

Izuku knew he was lucky she had never tested lethal venoms on him, and that she never messed up either, but somehow that brush with death seemed less terrifying than what she was promising.

Izuku could hear the whispers from the seats in front of them, and judging by her smirk, so could Shururi Seijin.

“She’s such a saint to sit next to that loser!”

“I know, can you imagine having to be close to someone that… disgusting… for the whole ride? It’s like two hours!”

“I could never do it…”

“Not even a hero could!”

“She’s an angel.”

“Honestly.”

A saint. An angel. Seijin. Izuku shivered. The retreat was threatening him from all angles. God, I miss Kacchan. He shook his head. It wouldn’t help to think about that. Kacchan would be at UA soon and would be an incredible hero to millions of people. He didn’t deserve to hold the blonde back, no, he was on his own now.

Chapter 4

Notes:

Yeah so ummmmmm... sorry?

Chapter Text

“Everyone line up. I’ve got your sleeping arrangements. I will be telling you who you’re sharing a tent with and where. Everything you need to set it up should be there.”

Izuku’s heart began to pound faster. Who would he get paired with? He knew the teachers knew who bullied him but he also knew that they didn’t care. No one cared what happened to the quirkless kid. Sometimes he thought he saw the teachers smiling to themselves when they saw what the other kids did, but he could never tell for sure.

“Izuku Midoriya and Kaihanaru Toya, location 6B.”

Izuku looked over to the blonde male. Of course. Of course he was tent-mates with the ringleader of his bullies. Why wouldn’t he be? He took a deep gulp before walking into the forest with a sinister smirk following his trail.

“Well, this should be fun…”

Laughter echoed through the trees and Izuku felt sweat start to seep out of his pores.

When they got to the tent spot, Toya walked away to talk to some of his friends, leaving Izuku to set everything up on his own. The greenette had never been camping before, so it was a struggle, to say the least. Eventually, after observing other students, he figured it out and everything was ready. By then the sun was starting to set.

“Midoriya!” he heard his teacher yell.

“Yes, teacher?”

“Get some firewood.”

“Yes, sir!”

Izuku wandered away from the clearing looking for any dried-out plants or branches they could use. He had no idea what would be helpful and what wouldn’t so he just picked up everything he could carry. The wilderness was not his strong suit. He sighed and within a second found himself face-first on the ground with a sharp pain at the base of his spine.

“I asked to help with the wood since you’re taking so long,” Seijin giggled behind him, “but since you look like you’ve got enough maybe you could help me some. Get up.”

Izuku obeyed and stood, his figure shaking. Before he could even guess what was happening an arm shot towards him and he fell once again.

“I guess I should have known someone as weak and useless as you would be a horrible sparring partner. Hmph. Well, you can at least tell how much my hits hurt, can’t you?”

Tears welled up in Izuku’s eyes as he stared into amber orbs of death.

 


 

Katsuki looked around at the other members of his class. They all looked annoying as fuck. He had his staple scowl on his face as he made his way to what he deemed as his seat. He kicked his legs on top of the desk and stared out the window.

“Hey! You must be Bakugo! You scored number one in both the written and physical exam, right!? I’m Kirishima!”

Katsuki turned to the voice to see a red-haired idiot with a huge smile and— WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE TEETH?! Katsuki wasn’t sure if he even wanted to reply. He wasn’t there to make friends, he was there to be a hero. He was going to be the number one hero and everyone else was just an extra.

“Fuck off,” he said coldly.

He saw the redhead’s smile falter, but only for a second. He looked back out the window. He didn’t need any more friends. Deku was plenty. Anything more was a waste of fucking time.

 


 

Izuku walked back to the campsite carrying all the wood while Seijin strolled behind him. His legs and torso were covered in bruises. He was thankful they could all be hidden, that way he didn’t have to worry about explaining them away to his mom after the trip. He gave the wood to the teacher who quickly set up the fire and gave everyone some hot dogs to roast since they were an easy meal. When they all finished cooking, Izuku walked over to an empty part of the camp to eat. He took one bite before the sausage was ripped out of his hands and smashed into the ground.

“A quirkless piece of shit like you doesn’t deserve to eat,” Toya sneered, “next time don’t take a bite and let someone more deserving eat it.”

“Yeah, it’s a shame to waste food like that, Midumbia!”

They walked away laughing and Izuku stared at the mush by his feet as his stomach grumbled. This is going to be a long trip… He slowly rose and made his way back to his tent to sleep. There was no reason to stay up just to be alone and hungry. When he got inside he cuddled into one of the sleeping bags and shut his eyes.

Sometime later, he was awoken by a kick to his ribs.

“Stop fucking talking in your sleep you little shit! I need to sleep too!”

The look of pure rage in Toya’s eyes sent fear through the greenette. It reminded him of the blonde’s older brother, Setsuno. He had only met the man once but knew there were rumors that he was in the Yakuza. He and his brother shared the same quirk: the ability to teleport something from someone else’s hands into their own.  Izuku sat up to try his best to appease Toya, he knew he talked in his sleep, but there was nothing he could actually do to stop it. With one swift hit to the head, Izuku was out cold.

“Finally some fucking quiet.”

Toya went to his own sleeping bag without even checking for a pulse.

The next morning Izuku awoke with a throbbing head and most likely a concussion. He threaded his hand into his hair and wished it was winter. He would give anything to lie down in the snow. He lifted up his shirt and saw his entire abdomen had become purple. He didn’t feel too bad so he wasn’t worried about any internal damage but he made a note to himself to be wary for it. He slowly got to his feet and walked to the line where the teachers were handing out breakfast. Everyone got a protein bar and an apple. It was easy to pack and prepare—the perfect meal for a school trip. This time Izuku wandered into the forest to eat, not wanting to lose his food again. His stomach yelled as he made his way through the trees. Eventually, he found a spot he thought was secluded enough and ate his meal in peace. When he finished, he tossed the apple core to the ground and brought the bar’s wrapper to be thrown away. He was still hungry but didn’t bother asking for more, after all, he knew what the answer would be. Izuku sighed remembering that the trip lasted a whole week. He made his way to his tent to try and hide from everyone and with any luck avoid the day’s activities. Sadly, fortune was not upon him. His teacher yelled at him to join the rest of the students and threatened to give him a detention if he did not obey.

The teachers split the kids into teams and assigned each of them something to collect from the woods that they could use during the trip. Izuku’s group was supposed to gather water from a nearby stream. Izuku picked up two of the buckets and started walking when Toya grabbed his arm.

“You aren’t expecting us to carry those, are you?”

“You really are a hopeless bitch!”

“S-sorry…” Izuku stuttered while heading back to grab the other buckets. He had no idea how he was supposed to carry them all back, full of water. He made his way to the stream with his bullies in tow. He mentally cursed the teachers for making them his group. His eyes started to water because he knew the teachers knew what they were doing. If they were purposely setting them up, then that meant they approved. No one cared about the quirkless kid. The whole walk, insult after insult were being thrown his way but Izuku tried his best to ignore them. Suck it up. It’s not like this is anything new. When they got to the stream, Izuku filled all the buckets but quickly realized that while full, he could only carry two at a time. He looked at the twelve buckets before him and gulped. He would have to do six trips. It was a fairly long way and with water weighing him down it would take longer than the fifteen minutes they took originally. He didn’t want to be stuck with his bullies that long.

“U-um… We ne-ed to t-take multiple t-trips…” Izuku started.

“No,” Toya interrupted, “ you need to take multiple trips.”

“Yeah have fun with that,” one of his lackeys added.

“We’ll be waiting here,” another said.

A spark of hope flashed in Izuku’s eyes. Some time alone, where no one would bother him sounded like a dream come true. He eagerly grabbed the first two buckets and went on his way.

Halfway through his rounds, when he got back to the campsite with the water, his teacher scolded him for taking so long. When told the time he realized he had already spent about four hours working. He looked around to see everyone else participating in different activities. He didn’t mind missing out since he knew he would only be treated badly if he joined and he like the peaceful nature walks his job gave him. Even so, he apologized to his teacher with a bow and sprinted until he was out of sight.

By the time he got back for the last buckets, the sun was already starting to set. He saw his bullies playing in the stream, their shirts off and water glistening against their skin in warm sunset hues. For a second he forgot who he was and who they were and just looked at the mesmerizing image. Soon enough, he shook his head and debated whether or not to tell them he was on the last round. He didn’t want to travel with them, but also knew that he would be seriously hurt if he just abandoned them—not that they wouldn’t abandon him in a heartbeat. He sighed and got up the courage to raise his voice.

“T-Toya! I-I’m on the last trip!”

“Took you long enough, fucking nerd.”

“Yeah, you’re so fucking useless!”

“Dipshit!”

Izuku grabbed the buckets and started heading back to the campground. I want to go home .

 


 

Katsuki was doing well so far. They hadn’t done any real hero training yet, but he shouldn’t have expected them to since it had only been two days of school. They had until the end of the week to turn in their costume designs to the support gear students. Of course, Bakugo refused to do so, instead opting to make his own. Which led him to where he was then. Sitting on the floor of his room at six pm with the sunset coming through his window, working on his grenades. For a moment he let himself pause and think back to Deku. He looked over towards his phone and snarled. He hated that the nerd left his behind. He wanted to check up on the greenette. He was pretty sure he would be fine, considering the bullies never went further than hurtful words, but there was still something tugging at his gut. A part of him wanted to go to wherever the damn retreat was and check-up on Deku in person, but he knew that was stupid. Besides, UA had a curfew. Aggravated, he threw the piece of metal he was holding onto his floor. He knew he wouldn’t get any work done while so distracted, so instead decided to take a shower and get ready for bed early, hoping that for once Deku wouldn’t be the center of his dreams—the kiss they shared dancing on his tongue. He regretted that kiss because it was most definitely the wrong time, but he also desperately wanted more. He regretted stopping almost as much as starting. He turned the water on cold and let it wash over him. He needed to chill his mind and...other areas.

“Damn Deku…”

 


 

Izuku fell asleep peacefully, as did Toya beside him. All in all, it was a good day. Nothing horrific happened and his injuries had some time to heal. When the sun came up, he poked at his abdomen, letting the blunt pain echo through him. He didn’t like that he was hurt, but at the same time, it served as a reminder of who he was and where he stood in the world. The pain made him remember not to get hopeful because nothing would come of that but disappointment. He took a deep breath and walked outside the tent to get the day’s plan.

“Everyone!” his teacher called, “We will be hiking up the nearby mountain to a waterfall where you can swim. You have five minutes to change into your swimwear and then we are leaving,” he then looked directly at Izuku, “do not be late or we will leave without you.”

Of course he would be singled out. He found his way back into his tent after scrambling through rushing bodies. He quickly grabbed his swim trunks and slipped them on in place of his normal shorts. Toya came in only seconds after he finished which Izuku was grateful for. He left to give the blonde some privacy, hearing some insult the boy said right under his breath as he exited.

As the group headed into the forest, Izuku managed to stay just behind everyone else, close enough so that he had them in his sights, but far enough away that no one paid any attention to him. Everyone was fooling around and having fun so they felt no need to torture him. Izuku looked at all the different plants they passed by and tried to remember what was what. He had never been a very outdoorsy person, but he still liked to learn about botany; although he preferred flowers and such to useful plants.

Eventually, they all made it to the waterfall. It was a huge plunge pool and all of the students had no problem fitting in. It only took about two minutes for everyone to ditch their things and jump in the water. Some were playing games, others were just relaxing, but everyone was having a good time. Everyone, that is, except Izuku. He was about to go into the pool when his teacher told him he would need to take off his shirt first like everyone else. They weren’t heading back until dark and it would take too long for the cotton material to dry. They didn’t want to be responsible for him getting sick. Izuku decided to then just sit at the edge of the pool with his feet in the water. He didn’t want his bruises on display. He knew no one would care since they all ignored him anyway, but it still felt shameful and he wanted to hide it. He was content letting his feet cool as he closed his eyes and listened to the steady beat of the speeding water hitting the pool. It was relaxing and before long a smile found its way onto his face. Of course though, nothing good lasts forever.

Without warning Izuku was pulled into the water. He opened his mouth, gasping for air, but was too late. He was already submerged. He felt water burn as it entered his lungs. He kicked and moved his hands trying to get to the surface but it was no use. He felt something pushing down on his head. Just as the world started to fade he felt the pressure lift and he was pulled out of the water. He saw his teacher’s face above him before everything went black.

He awoke to his own loud coughs as water escaped from his mouth onto the ground beside him. When he was done, his teacher looked at him sternly.

“Be more careful, Midoriya. If you can’t swim, don’t go in the water.”

He looked up to the teacher with teary eyes. If the man rescued him then he knew what had happened. He knew someone was holding him down. He probably saw them pull him in too. Izuku looked to the ground as his body began to shake.

“And I told you to take off your shirt. Learn to listen to instructions. When we get back to school, you have a detention.”

Izuku just nodded his head. He could hear the other students snickering behind him. He hated this. He hated himself. Why did he have to be born without a quirk!? He didn’t ask for that! He didn’t ask for any of that…

For the rest of the day, Izuku didn’t move. He just sat there. He could hear the other kids playing but didn’t register any of it. He was stuck inside his own head. As the teachers were gathering everyone up to leave, Izuku saw a snake relaxing beside him. He knew that snake, it was a mamushi. It was dangerous, its bite could cause many things but the one Izuku remembered best was skin necrosis. Usually bite victims required a week of hospitalization, but full recovery could take several months. In an instant, he visualized himself grabbing the snake and thrusting its fangs into Toya. The dream didn’t last long, but it was incredibly realistic. Before getting up to join the group, Izuku spared one last glance at the snake and shook his head. It wasn’t who he was—and even if that wasn’t the case, he didn’t want to get in serious trouble. Which he would. Especially if Toya died. He was ashamed to admit that the thought sparked a bit of joy in his heart. 

He pushed those feelings down and followed the group back to the campsite. The cold night air made him shiver and he desperately wished for a jacket. Thankfully, his shirt had dried by that point but that didn’t stop the wind from chilling him to the bone. He watched as the other students were either fine or huddled with their friends on the way back. Friends. Friend. Izuku thought about his friend, his only friend. He hoped Kacchan was having a better time at UA than he was on his trip.

Chapter 5

Notes:

Wow, I got this chapter out quick! What can I say, I've got a lot of inspo for this story, wish I could be this fast all the time and with all of my stories...

Also, a kit is apparently a baby rabbit, and a bunny is not, learn new things every day...

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. His breathing was labored and his hands were shaking. He sat up and tried to figure out what was wrong but everything was a blur. His head felt detached from his body and it was pitch-black all around him. He screamed with all his might but heard nothing. He couldn't breathe. His legs were numb. He couldn’t feel them. He clawed at his face and felt a wetness on it, if that was sweat or tears he didn’t know. He pushed himself up and dashed toward the entrance of the tent. Once outside, he ran. He kept running. Eventually, he fell to his knees and everything stopped. It was as if he were frozen in time. His limbs couldn’t move, his lungs couldn’t expand. He sat there, complete darkness surrounding him, for an immeasurable amount of time. Eventually, his body returned to life. He let out a long breath and looked around. It wasn’t completely dark. He could see the moon above him. It was full and glowed against the starless sky. He listened and heard he was not alone. He could hear crickets and the soft trickle of water. He stood up and walked towards the noise. He soon found himself at the edge of a stream. He didn’t think it was the same place he got the water from the day before, but it was most likely the same stream. He sat down at its edge and let his feet cool in the water. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes. He surrendered his soul to the peace of nature. Not long later, he grew tired and pulled his feet from the stream. He curled up beside it using his own arm as a pillow. He didn’t know how to get back and didn’t want to end up even more lost by trying at night, but he also liked where he was. It felt safe. Being in the middle of an unknown forest amongst wild animals felt safe. Safer than the camp full of monsters he knew. He drifted off to sleep peacefully.

The morning sun woke Izuku up and he found a white bunny kit nuzzled against his chest. He slowly sat up, holding the baby to him. He looked around but didn’t see any sign of the mother anywhere. Signing, he held the kit and started trying to find his way to the campsite. He hadn’t put on shoes in his state the night before and felt everything as he walked and was fairly sure there were some cuts on his soles but he refused to look, knowing wouldn’t change the fact that he had no shoes, after all. By the time he got to a place he recognised it was mid-day. He wondered if anyone had even realised he was gone. Just as he was thinking that, none other than Toya walked into his path.

“Well look who it is, where’d you get off to, quirkless?”

“Was he out here all night? I’m surprised he’s still alive!” One of the goons laughed.

“It’s too bad, the world would be better off with him dead.”

“Yeah, he’s a waste of oxygen.”

“Wait…what’s that in your arms?” Toya asked, breaking up his friends’ jabs.

Izuku started to retreat. The way the boy was looking at the kit gave him a sinking feeling. He pushed it even closer to his chest as the hoard of boys started getting closer.

“It’s a fucking rabbit, Toya!” One of the boys laughed.

“I hope you aren’t expecting me to let you keep that thing in my tent!” Toya laughed.

Izuku tripped on a large root, hitting the ground with a loud thud. As soon as he landed, he saw Toya activate his quirk and rip the kit from his grasp.

“Heh, it’s just a baby, as weak and defenseless as you!” Toya smirked, “how about I use it to show you what will happen if you ever disobey me…” 

His eyes seemed to glow with an evil aura. Even his lackeys were looking at each other confused as to what their leader could mean.

“P-please! Don’t hurt it!” Izuku whimpered.

“What? You care about it? What a loser.”

“Toya… it’s just a baby…” one of his underlings spoke up.

“Huh?! What do you care!? It’ll be good dinner. We were sent here to find some food, weren’t we?”

Izuku squeezed his eyes shut as he saw Toya pull out a knife. When he opened them again, the bunny’s white fur was stained with drops of red. Izuku ate meat. He cared about animals, yes, but he also knew about the food chain and that wasn’t something that bothered him. He didn’t have a moral dilemma every time he ate a piece of sushi. But a kit… it was a meaningless death. It was too small to get enough meat for a good meal. It died for nothing. Something made it trust Izuku. It cuddled up to the greenette while he was asleep. He took the kit with him. He took responsibility for that life. He got it killed. He remembered what All Might had said to him. His dreams of being a hero were no longer real to him, they were just a fantasy, but still, seeing something he wanted to protect die in front of him… not even the fantasy could remain. He hadn’t even tried to save the pure, white kit. He just sat there. He didn’t even watch, he couldn’t. Suddenly everything crashed into him. He was a waste of the world’s oxygen. He didn’t deserve to be alive. Not like he was. A newfound resolution started to bloom in the boy’s heart. He wouldn’t be that way forever. He swore an oath to himself. He would change. Soon he would present, then he would really be able to see and smell the world around him so much better than he did then. He would be a beta and those hormones would calm the ones he was currently experiencing. His emotions would be dampened and he would be able to face the world without being stampeded. He would stop crying at every little pain. He just had to wait a little longer.

 


 

Katsuki walked back to the dorms in a rage. They’d finally met their homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa, with no explanation as to where he was the first three days of school. As soon as they’d walked into the classroom, Eraserhead ordered them to change into their PE uniforms and conducted an evaluation. He promised to expel whoever came in last place. And he did. Mineta. Not that anyone really cared, the creep was a perv. Although Katsuki was surprised the insomniac, Shinso, had any physical abilities whatsoever. The loser looked like he would fall asleep any second. He was transferred from the general education department the day prior. Katsuki didn’t actually care about any of that though. No, the reason he was seething had nothing to do with their strict and insane teacher. He was enraged because he got third . Two people did better than him, two ! He grit his teeth and slammed his door shut as soon as he entered his room. He needed to train harder, to do better. If he plans on being the number one hero, he can’t place third, ever .

 


 

It was cold that night, very cold. It was incredibly abnormal for that time of year, so no one was very prepared. Many of the students were cuddling with their tent mates for body heat which was plenty to keep them comfortable. But Toya would never in a million years “cuddle with a fucking useless loser” like Izuku. Instead, their tent had a different arrangement. Toya got two blankets and Izuku got none. His body was shaking and he couldn’t fall asleep until it seemed like hours and hours had gone by. His skin was like ice, his fingers and the tip of his nose were pale. By the morning, everything had warmed up considerably but it wasn’t soon enough for Izuku. He felt as if he had no energy and he was heavily congested. Great , he thought as he coughed. He was already curled in on himself but still tried to become smaller. He was definitely sick and desperately wanted to go home. He heard the teachers calling for breakfast but couldn’t make himself get up. He hadn’t eaten anything the day before as he was away for breakfast and his lunch and dinner were taken from him. He was starving but he was also exhausted. He closed his eyes and fell asleep once again. At least no one could really hurt him if he stayed in his tent, and it’s not like the teachers would notice him missing, they didn’t the day before. Or they did but didn’t care. Either way, it wouldn’t pose a problem for Izuku.

A few hours later, Izuku woke up again. This time he forced himself to get up. He walked out the tent and saw that the entire site was empty. Everyone must have gone somewhere else for the day. His stomach grumbled and he glanced towards his teacher’s tent. He knew they had food in all of their tents for their respective classes, he could easily sneak in and grab some. He did miss breakfast, so there should be an extra portion. He slowly made his way to the tent. He tried to rationalize why this was okay but there was something nagging at him. Just as he reached his hand towards the opening, he heard a bird scream. He jumped back, landing on his butt, hard. He slowly stood once again, but this time headed away from the tent. He couldn’t just take food without asking. It was wrong. He wandered into the forest and tried to look for some berries or something he could eat. He thought of fishing in the stream for a minute but then realized he would have to make a fire to cook it and didn’t want to get in trouble for wasting wood or matches or something. After wandering for a while, Izuku saw a plum tree in bloom. One of the branches was hanging low enough for him to reach and he picked one of its fruits. He smelled it before happily taking a bite. It tasted divine to his starved tongue. He quickly finished it and reach for another. By the time the branch was empty, Izuku was starting to feel full and his chin was coated in sticky juice. He made his way to the stream to wash up and sat there for a while after. It was a nice day, especially without all the noise from the other students.

As the sun started to set in the sky Izuku made his way back to the campsite, he walked slowly. He knew everyone was likely to be back and he didn’t want to have to see them.

“There you are Izu!”

Izuku knew that voice.

He stopped in his tracks.

He felt a cold chill rack through his spine.

Izuku knew that voice.

“I missed you today~ But I’m glad you’re here…all alone…it’s a perfect time for us to have some fun, right?”

Izuku almost forgot she was even on the trip, he hadn’t seen her since the day they arrived. Seijin. He turned around to face her. There was a smile on her face and her hair was in pigtails, dancing in the wind. She looked so innocent, so pure. It was a beautiful image. But Izuku knew the truth. Before he could even blink, she was racing towards him and her knee hit his stomach. He fell to his knees. Another swift blow hit his back and he was lying on the floor. She flipped him and he was pinned down. He stared into her golden eyes. She was terrifying.

“You’re so easy…”

She got off him and pulled him to a stand by his hair. This time she punched his left cheek and his head twisted, his body following. He was on the ground again. She pulled him up, again. This continued for a long time, or at least it felt like it. Izuku couldn’t keep track of the time. All he knew was that it finally stopped when they heard the teachers calling for dinner in the distance. This time, she wasn’t so kind as to leave bruises only where Izuku could cover them up. He would have to explain them to his mom. He sighed. Just when the other ones were starting to fade… He pushed himself off the ground and staggered back to camp. He must have twisted his ankle at some point. It hurt. Worn out and in pain, he decided to skip food and went straight to his tent. He imagined Seijin as a pro hero and grimaced. She would probably make it. Everyone thought she was a saint, after all. He wondered if her mother was just as cruel. If people like her could really become a hero so easily…what did being a hero even mean? Weren’t they supposed to be the good guys?

Izuku jumped out of bed when he heard the breakfast call, he was starving, but he instantly fell back down when his ankle screamed in pain. He forgot about that… He got up again, this time slowly, and made his way to his teacher. As soon as he was handed a small sandwich, he stuffed it into his mouth. He knew it was rude and saw all the disgusted stares aimed at him, but he couldn’t risk one of his bullies trying to take it from him again. He needed the food.

“Midoriya! Don’t be rude! You have another detention!” His teacher called after him as he walked away. Izuku didn’t care. It was worth it.

 


 

Katsuki ran up to the dorm showers to clean up. He had half an hour before he had to leave for class and had just finished a ten-kilometer run. He finished in a little under an hour and his legs were burning. It was a part of his new training regime. While all the lazy extras were sleeping in, he would work out before class. He would train his quirk after class, and then do his homework and get to bed. The earlier he got to sleep the better. He needed his body in peak condition.

 


 

It was the sixth and final day of the trip before they headed back home. Izuku was happy. He had eaten a good breakfast and the trip was so close to over. He only had to put up with the unending torment for one last day, after which it would only last for about eight or nine hours a day. There was a spring in his step as he followed his teacher. For the final day, they were going to a wildlife sanctuary nearby. They had to stay on the path so as not to disturb any of the animals, but there was a chance they would be able to see babies as the birthing season was just ending. Izuku’s smile wavered as his mind thought back to the white kit, but he shook his head. He was going to be happy, it wasn’t an option.

When they finally made it to the sanctuary, the eldest students were allowed to wander on their own. Izuku managed to get away from everyone else so he would not get disturbed. While walking, something caught his eye and he stared into the trees. It happened again. He saw blue flames—or at least he thought it was flames—somewhere deep. He knew he had to stay on the path, so he did, but his eyes stayed glued on the fire. It was beautiful. It looked as if it were alive and it made him want to go closer to find it. His wish was granted when the puffs of light slowly got closer and closer. It was mesmerising and soon he saw the person attached to the flames. His hair was jet black and his arms, chin, and neck were covered in burns. Izuku wanted to touch him, to help him. His mind was fast and he put two and two together, the man’s quirk must hurt him. It was terrible that something so magnetically beautiful could cause such damage. He stared into the man’s ocean blue eyes, his breath was caught in his throat. Something about the man in front of both terrified and exhilarated him.

“Hi,” he rasped, his voice was deep and sure. 

“H-hi…” Izuku responded, “you’re not supposed to leave the path…”

“Heh, yeah, you’re not.”

Izuku gulped. This stranger was definitely something...different.

“Where the fuck are you, you piece of shit!” Izuku jumped, Toya was yelling and he knew he was looking for him.

“Friends of yours?” The stranger asked.

“Uh…yeah…” Izuku hesitated.

“Hmmm…well, you should get back to them.”

“Y-yeah…”

Izuku watched as the man once again wandered into the unknown…who was that? He didn’t have long to ponder as a fist struck his face.

“Think you can run away from us you fucking loser?!”

Here we go again...

They must have been very bored because they went harder at him than ever. One held him by his hair while Toya kicked and punched him and the others exploded in a chorus of laughter. Izuku went to think about what he had said to the stranger. He called his bullies his friends. It wasn’t a lie he had pre-prepared, it just slipped off his tongue. Was it true?

Slap.

Were they really what he thought friendship was?

Punch.

The only person he ever thought was his friend was Kacchan, but with him gone, were things different?

Kick.

Was he really so disgusting and awful that these were the type of friends he deserved?

Laugh.

Maybe they were...

Notes:

Ngl I wrote part of this on my phone under the table in French class today lol, we had to rewatch a video because the teacher couldn't remember where we stopped last class, spoiler alert, it was like one minute from the end 😂😔

Chapter 6

Notes:

A few notes, PLEASE READ:

1) THIS IS THE IMPORTANT ONE! If anyone has a sensitivity to cutting, be wary, it does not happen this chapter but some stuff is said that is not true and can be offensive to people who are sensitive to that, it's only one line, but I wanted to warn everyone ❤️

2) Yes, I messed up the Japanese school system, I am aware, now shhhhhhh

3) Also, yes, I messed up Deku's birthday so the cannon one is just not a thing in this, k? k.

Chapter Text

Izuku stared at the ceiling. His phone was next to his head. He had taken it out with the intention of checking his messages, but couldn’t bring himself to turn his phone back on. He knew Kacchan would be mad at him for just disappearing like he did. He took a deep breath. Everything would be okay. It was just a phone. Besides, what was the worst that could happen? Something horrible happened at UA and Kacchan needed him but he was gone and there was no way to make contact? There was no way that happened. Although, he already got really lucky once, maybe he needed something bad to happen to balance it out. When he got home he saw a note from his mother that she was going out of town for a few days—she said she would explain when she got back but it was urgent. The Bakugos’ had agreed to check on him every now and then, but Izuku knew how to take care of himself for the most part. It gave him some time to heal. He had no idea how he was going to explain all the bruises. He looked at his phone again. That being said, maybe his lucky streak wasn’t over. He took another deep breath and sat up, grabbing the phone as he did so. He turned it on. Immediately he saw he had some unread texts and four missed calls, but they were all from the day he left. Nothing extreme had happened while he was away, or at least nothing Kacchan had tried to contact him about. Maybe he knew Izuku left his phone? Izuku forgot things behind all the time, the assumption wouldn’t’ve been a stretch. He opened his phone to check the messages.

...He was mad. Izuku sighed, of course he was. Izuku played to the alpha’s most logical assumption as he typed out his response.

Once again, Izuku took another deep breath, trying his best to calm his nerves. He pushed his phone away and curled into himself. He hoped his excuse was believable.

 


 

Katsuki checked his phone as soon as he heard the notification. He had set Deku’s number to sound even when his phone was on do-not-disturb, which it always was, cause for some dumbass reason the dumbasses he went to school with thought it would be a great fucking idea to put him in all their shitty group chats. They re-added him whenever he left so he gave up trying. Shitty extras.

He forgot his phone and it died. Katsuki was mad. No. He was enraged. He had to hurtle his phone across the room to stop himself from exploding it right in his hand. He did make explosions, though. Many, many, huge fucking explosions. Katsuki hated when people lied to him on a good day. That was worse. That was Deku. Deku was never supposed to lie to him. He never had before. Sure, it was just about him leaving behind his phone, but Katsuki was already having a shittier-than-average day so he didn’t fucking care. A lie was a lie. Besides, they hadn’t talked for a week and the first thing the damn nerd says is a motherfucking lie. Katsuki was seething. Kirishima, the only person brave enough to enter the gym while Katsuki was in there, stared at him in confusion and fear, his eyes every so often darting to the phone, which had a shattered screen due to its recent treatment. Katsuki’s eyes met the other red orbs.

“THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT SHITTY HAIR! MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS! OR DO YOU WANNA FUCKING FIGHT? COME FACE ME LIKE A REAL FUCKING MAN INSTEAD OF HIDING AWAY AND STARING LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!”

“U-um...are you okay?”

Katsuki grit his teeth and breathed out of his nose as his palms made miniature explosions, “fucking fabulous. Fuck off.” 

Aizawa told him if he got in one more fight he would get detention, which meant he would lose training time. He scooped up his phone before sprinting all the way to his room. When he got there, he fell straight onto his bed and looked at the messages again.

Fucking nerd… He missed the green loser…

 


 

Izuku stared at his phone. What should he say? He knew Kacchan would always back him up, but the alpha was at UA, he needed to concentrate so he could be an amazing hero. Besides, knowing wouldn’t help anything, it’s not like he would come home. Izuku felt his stomach tie in knots. Kacchan. Home. He shook his head as tears welled in his eyes. He really missed his friend. His only friend. The other kids weren’t his friends. Were they? Maybe...they were… Izuku’s mind flashed back to the kiss he shared with Kacchan. Friends didn’t just...kiss...each other, did they? Maybe that meant they weren’t really friends. Which would mean the other kids were his friends, right? But what would that make him and Kacchan? They definitely weren’t in a relationship, and it was obvious by the way the blonde acted when they got back from their little trip that he regretted it, so maybe they were friends and the alpha just did something stupid? He sighed. He wasn’t going to figure that out in one night. 

A second after he sent the text, he heard a knock at the door. He sent a quick goodbye to Kacchan and went to check. It was most likely the Bakugos. He made sure all the lights were dimmed so it would be harder to notice his bruises. But, when he opened the door, there was no one there. He stepped outside and looked around, but he couldn’t see anyone. The sky was dark with thunderclouds which made it hard to see anything—or anyone. Izuku gulped before he headed back inside and locked his door. That creeped him out way more than it should have. It was probably just some stupid kids playing a prank, but his emotions were already running high. In an instant, his fear turned to anger and he kicked the newel at the base of the stairs with all his might. Then he did it again. And again. His leg was slowly turning black and blue from the beating, he was sure, but his pants covered it. The dull pain eased his other emotions and he hobbled back to his room. The bruising would blend seamlessly with all his others, and the placement made it easy to hide from his mother. It was something he did rarely, but he had a feeling life without Kacchan around would make the action a lot more common. He thought back to a lecture on depression he and Kacchan had to sit through with the rest of their classmates. He laughed. They had mentioned self-harm and warned people to look for cuts on their loved ones. Only idiots cut. It was a sure-fire way to get caught. Everyone noticed scars and blood. Accidental bruising was common. Burns were an easy mistake to make in the kitchen. He remembered how Kacchan glanced at his arms when they mentioned it. The blonde always worried too much. A little bullying was nothing Izuku couldn’t handle. Besides, it was only temporary. He would present as a beta, graduate junior high, go to the local high school, then move somewhere else. That was his plan. When his simple education was done he would enroll in university on the other side of the country. He would get as far away as he could from everyone he was going to school with. He inhaled a deep breath and let it out slowly. The future was bright.

 


 

Katsuki let out a sigh when he got Deku’s response, he was worried the losers at his old school would get worse once Katsuki wasn’t around, but he was glad they didn’t. Or at least not yet. The teachers didn’t tend to leave the kids unsupervised during the trip, so it might just be because they were always being watched, but he hoped not. He opened up photos and went to faces to browse photos he took of Izuku. He laughed at how oblivious the nerd was, hardly ever noticing when Katsuki took pictures. He was adorable. Looking at the photos made Katsuki’s heart tighten. It was as if the cracked screen represented their relationship. It hurt that they were apart. And it didn’t help that his alphan instincts were starting to get involved. He noticed it in small doses since the kiss, but nothing too abnormal. But it kept escalating. Katsuki wanted to hold him, scent him, protect him, keep him, kiss him...he wanted to be near him. It physically hurt when he thought about the nerd and how away they were from each other. He raked his hand through his hair. He had to get a hold of himself! Deku hadn’t even presented yet! He didn’t even know the nerd’s scent! Fuck! He needed a cold shower. He had been needing a lot of those lately.

 


 

Izuku took a deep breath as he walked through the school gates. He had spent Sunday preparing. He made his lunch and breakfast and tried to make a plan for every possibility throughout the day. He made sure he had all his books and utensils. He even looked at a map of the school to make sure he knew exactly where his new classroom was. As he made his way there, he noticed people stopping and staring at him. He was covered in bruises. His legs were hidden but his arms and face were on full display. He was just glad his chest and back were covered. They were definitely the most...colorful. He was early, just as he had planned. He was not a morning person. He hated waking up early. But it was much better than trying to make his way through crowds of people and having an even larger audience. When he eventually got to his classroom, he saw that there were already a few people there. He wandered to a seat in the back of the classroom by the window and sat down. He could feel his heart beating a mile a minute. Everything would be alright. He just hoped his bullies weren’t in his class.

A few minutes later and he felt a chill run down his spine. Toya was in his class. He walked in and as soon as his eyes landed on Izuku a disgustingly evil smirk corrupted his face. He stalked straight up to the greenette and towered over him.

“Move. That’s my seat.”

Izuku gulped and tried his best to move. He was starting to panic and his muscles tightened. He closed his eyes with such force that his head began to throb. Move. Move. Move! He chanted within his mind. He felt his lungs start to work overtime, his breathing got shallow and fast. He tightened his fists to the point that his nails left moon-shaped marks in his palms.

“I said move. But I guess that’s too hard for someone as useless as you, Deku.”

The name burned. Izuku remembered the last time someone other than Kacchan tried to call him by that name. The blonde hot-head broke their arm. He was seven. Since then, no one dared, but without the alpha around, rules were changing.

“S-sorry,” Izuku managed to squeeze the word out, but still couldn’t get himself to move.

He didn’t have to try for much longer, though. Toya got bored of waiting. He grabbed Izuku’s hair and pulled until the boy was wretched from his seat and sprawled over the floor. He watched as the bully grabbed his bag and dumped the contents out the open window. He jumped up and ran to look outside to find all his belongings in the fountain. He tried to rush out the classroom but Toya grabbed his shirt.

“Where do you think you’re going? Class is going to start soon. I can’t just let you leave. I’d be a pretty bad friend if I let you be late for class, after all.”

The bloodlust in Toya’s eyes was obvious. He pushed Izuku into the chair right in front of him, then whispered in his ear, “Stay.” Izuku could feel a cold sweat cover him. His bag was thrown at his head, but since it was empty, it didn’t hurt. Izuku glanced out the window and watched the water slowly destroy all his belongings. Soon enough the classroom was full and the teacher walked in. They all greeted him and he told them to open their textbooks. Only, Izuku no longer had his.

“Midoriya, where is your book?”

“I-I don’t…”

Suddenly Toya spoke up from behind him, “He forgot his books on the first day of school, fucking loser! I bet he wouldn’t remember his head if it wasn’t attached to his body. Why are you even here, Deku? You're such a waste of space.”

“Toya, be respectful towards your classmates.” The teacher reprimanded him but everyone knew he didn’t mean it, a smile gracing his face as he lectured.

When lunch came around Izuku ran to the fountain and tried to gather his things. His lunchbox had opened on impact and his food was floating in the water along with all his other belongings. The notebooks were beyond repair at that point, the textbooks weren’t much better. His phone was definitely done for but he fished it out just in case he would be able to salvage it. His stomach grumbled as he threw his stuff away. He sighed as he walked up to the roof. He used to eat lunch up there with Kacchan. He wished he had food that day, but at least he would get some time alone. Except he didn’t. No, that would be too easy. Toya decided he liked the roof and that it would be a great place for his gang to hang out during lunch. Apparently he had his eye on the spot for a few years. With the guard dog gone...Izuku shouldn’t’ve been surprised.

“Hahaha, look who thinks they can still use this spot!” One of Toya's buddies laughed.

“Yeah, who does he think he is?” Another snickered.

“Hang on guys, let him stay, I’d never turn away a toy,” Toya added, “besides, my mom never makes me enough lunch, I’m sure Deku here wouldn’t mind a little tax, would you?” He asked, once again towering over the smaller boy.

“I-I d-don’t have any t-today.”

“That’s fine. Double tomorrow. And don’t forget, or I’ll do what I did with your stuff to your clothes next time.” Everyone laughed and Izuku felt like he was being strangled. Temporary, it was only temporary.

He went back to class unscathed, lunch was harmless, sadly the same could not be said about after school. Something had made Toya angry. Izuku was pulled away after class and beaten behind the gym, it was rare for anyone to be there which made it the perfect spot.

When he got home, he found his mother in the kitchen.

“Izuku! How was your day? How was the trip?!” She called from the kitchen.

“Good mom! But, I dropped my phone in the fountain today...I don’t think it’ll work again…”

“Oh...I can try and pick up some extra shifts at the hospital so I can get you a new one.”

“Thanks, mom. I can try and look for a job, too. I could help out this year.”

“Don’t be silly! You’re too young for that! It’s not even legal!”

“It will be in a few months, I’d like to help.”

“Well...we can talk about it after your birthday.”

“Okay.”

She walked out the kitchen and dropped the spoon she was holding when she saw her son.

“Izuku! Baby! What happened to you!? Are you okay?!”

“Huh?” Izuku had temporarily forgotten about the look of his face, oh, right, “Oh! I joined an MMA club! It’s really fun! We meet after school!”

“Oh… Don’t scare me like that again! Lead with the explanation, Izuku!”

“Right,” Izuku giggled.

He knew it was irregular to be that beat up, especially on his first day. He also knew he was home way too early to have been at a club meeting. But he also knew that his mom would be too tired to care.

“Where were you, mom?”

“A friend of mine from high school who moved away was very sick, she wanted to see me. She passed last night. I’ll need to leave again soon for the funeral.”

“Oh, mom. I’m so sorry!” Izuku held his mother as she started to cry on his shoulder. It was as if he had opened a gate she was working hard to keep closed.

“I’m sorry, Izuku, I don’t mean to unload on you like this.”

“It’s okay, mom, I’m here for you.”

She wiped the tears from her eyes, “come on, dinner’s ready.”

“Okay.”

As they ate the simple meal, all Izuku could think about was how boring it tasted compared to Kacchan’s cooking. Izuku smiled thinking about all the meals the pair shared, at the beach, yes, but also just ordinary ones, like their lunches at school everyday. Lunches where he wouldn’t get beat up. Lunches where he would actually have food to eat. He always valued Kacchan. He knew their friendship was something to be grateful for, but...he never knew how worthless he was. He knew that the bullying was always worse without the alpha around, but he didn’t realize how much Kacchan protected him, even when he wasn’t physically with him. He didn’t realize how much the little bit of respect he got was because of the blonde. He didn’t realize that without Kacchan, no one even saw him as human. He was something less. Something worthless. Something disgusting. And what hurt even more was that they were starting to call him Deku. They were using a name that Kacchan said with so much love in a way that hurt Izuku like nothing else. They were poisoning something so pure, so beautiful. Izuku washed the dishes and headed to his room where he cried and cried. The only times he took a break from his tears were when he squeezed his hands around his throat until he couldn’t breathe. It’s impossible to choke yourself to death, but that didn’t stop Izuku from trying. He knew it wouldn’t work, but he could get close, and that was enough to satisfy him. The constriction pressing against his throat. The pain as his muscles tried to push his own hands off. The dull ache in his head as he slowly lost oxygen in his brain. The way his mouth gaped open, desperately begging for air. The way his eyes rolled back as his body gave up and pain pounded in his ears. Yes, it was satisfying.

Chapter 7

Notes:

I'm glad you don't know where I live cause I have a feeling at least some of you will want to murder me after this...

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

When he heard his mom go to bed, Izuku got up and made lunch for the both of them for the next morning. He made his portion a little bigger than normal to try and prepare for the “tax” he would have to pay. He sighed as he placed the two containers into the fridge. The rest of the year would not be fun, but he would survive it, he had to. He had to believe that the future would be better.

The next day Izuku woke up and got ready for school, his mom already having left for work. He checked the time as he got out the shower and started to rush, he was running late. If he wasn’t careful he’d have to brace the crowds of students. Luckily, it didn’t come to that. He left right on time and ended up in his seat before Toya got to class. When Izuku saw him walk through the door his entire body tensed, hoping he wouldn’t lose everything again.

“Don’t forget, meet on the roof.”

Izuku nodded and held his breath until the blonde sat behind him.

The day was uneventful until lunch came around. Izuku made his way to the roof and as soon as he stepped through the door, his bag was ripped from his back.

“Took you long enough,” one of Toya’s henchmen laughed.

“Relax, Nijima, he’s quirkless , you should never expect him to be good at something, even the simplest thing like walking up a few flights of stairs. I’m surprised he didn’t get lost without his guard dog to guide him,” Toya snickered.

“S-sorry…” Izuku responded as he watched the blonde rifle through his bag.

When he eventually found the lunchbox, Toya started eating. His body language made it clear that Izuku was to go another day without lunch. The other boys tried to stifle their laughter as Toya looked out into the distance with a smirk. Izuku simply prayed his stomach wouldn’t give away his desires.

In the end, he was lucky. Lunch went smoothly and so did the rest of the day. There were no new bruises on his body. He smiled as he packed up to rush home. He was starving and desperate for dinner.

“Not so fast,” Toya whispered from behind him, “you better show or I’ll make tomorrow hell for you.”

Izuku sighed before heading to his designated beat-up spot. His stomach would have to wait a little longer. When he got there the usual gang was present and the usual deeds were performed. Izuku watched their faces; they looked more like animals than people, their eyes held an insanity that was monstrous and it terrified the greenette. Just as they were leaving, Izuku’s stomach made what seemed to be the loudest noise he had ever heard. It made his...friends...stop in their tracks.

“What was that? You hungry?” Izuku cowered away from Toya, his back hitting against the wall, “You think you can just make irritating noises like that? What a joke. I guess we didn’t teach you much of a lesson, after all. Maybe you need some extra time.” With that, the blonde swung, his fist landing right into Izuku’s stomach. He knew exactly what he was doing and jumped out the way just before the greenette puked all over the pavement. “Go home, loser. You’re just making everyone’s life harder. Someone’s gonna have to clean that shit up, you know?”

Izuku laid on the ground as he heard the laughter slowly fade into the distance. Eventually he got up and wandered home. He stumbled into the doorway as the sun was setting behind him and made his way to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror before he slumped against the toilet and once again started retching. He felt sick, both physically and mentally. He knew life would be harder without Kacchan, but he didn’t know how much harder it would be, not just the bullying but not having anyone to talk to about it. He guessed he would be beaten up a lot, but he never realized how much it would hurt to have to return to an empty house afterward. His mom had always worked a lot, but he used to end every day with Kacchan. It was a safe time for him, the blonde was his safe space...and now he was gone. Izuku couldn’t even text him because of Toya. He felt so alone. He wanted it to end. He took a quick shower so he wouldn’t look too bad if he saw his mom sometime before school the next day then went to bed, dinner completely forgotten.

A few weeks passed by and Izuku was staring at his naked figure in the mirror. The majority of his skin was black and blue. His eyes searched for ivory, freckle-covered skin but could barely find any. He noticed his ribs poking out from his chest. He hadn’t had lunch since school started, and rarely ate breakfast or dinner. He knew it wasn’t healthy...but he couldn’t help it. All he wanted to do was sleep. He hated waking up every morning. He hated going to that godforsaken place. He was just happy Toya and his friends decided to leave his face untouched, his hands were rarely hurt too, so he could hide everything easily enough with clothes. He got used to the constant ache pretty quickly, forgetting the bruises were even there until he caught a glimpse of his own flesh. Sighing, he got dressed and headed to school. It was hot, but he wore a jacket anyway. He hated the stares he got when people could see, they were different than the normal ones, worse.

When he got home that day he was exhausted. Toya was especially angry about something and, of course, took it out on the greenette. He didn’t even let his friends help, but somehow the pain was worse than ever before. It went on for so long that Izuku couldn’t even tell what time it was when everything was over. It was dark when he made it home. Surprisingly, his mom was there, sitting in the living room.

“Where were you, Izuku?”

“I was at practice…”

“You have a black eye.” Izuku grimaced internally, it had been a while since he received a blow to the face.

“Haha, yeah, I’m not that good,” he responded, scratching the back of his head.

“You haven't been making dinner lately.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry mom, I’ve just been so tired after practice.”

“And you don’t think I’m tired? I work twelve-hour shifts, at a minimum , to provide for us and you don’t even care.”

“That’s not true! I care! I’m sorry…”

“Do you, Izuku? Do you know how much a phone costs? You broke yours on the first day of school!”

“I...I know… I’m sorry, mom, really, I-I’ll do better…”

“Good. You talked about getting a job but now you’re not even putting in the work at home. How do you expect to live on your own when you’re older if you can’t even manage to cook dinner while participating in one club.”

“I’m sorry…”

“Stop apologizing and just do better. I expect more out of you. I can’t believe how little you care about all the sacrifices I’ve made for you,” his mom started tearing up.

“I care, mom—”

“Be quiet and go to your room. I can’t even look at you right now. I work so hard to get you art supplies and ingredients for baking and you can’t even do one thing? I can’t deal with you right now, Izuku. I’m done. I’m just done.”

Izuku silently obeyed and curled into a ball on his bed, he wanted to cry but there were no tears available. He felt like all emotions were drained out of him. He felt like a dead corpse. 

 


 

Katsuki stared at his phone. He had gotten the screen repaired, so it was crack-free, but it still felt broken. He hadn’t heard from Deku in weeks and he was starting to get really worried. He asked his parents but they said he seemed fine, they saw him walking to school every day. Still, none of his texts were going through and he wasn’t getting any. Maybe the nerd broke his phone? Katsuki shook his head, Deku was always way too careful with his things. The greenette’s mom worked hard for everything, being the only source of income, and Deku knew that. He was always extra careful, especially with something expensive like a phone. Katsuki’s mom said she would ask Auntie Inko when she saw her, but Katsuki knew that wasn’t likely to be anytime soon. He groaned as he headed to class. He just had to focus on being the best hero possible. If he was going to be so far away from Deku, he had to make it worth it.

Katsuki and all the other students file into the USJ, a training ground for support work. Katsuki rolled his eyes. How hard could it be to push a rock off of some old bastard’s leg? As Thirteen finished explaining the day’s exercises, a purple...thing...materialized. Mr. Aizawa quickly took charge of the situation and drew everyone's attention to the bodies walking out of it. Shitty Hair posed to fight, thinking the training had already begun. The rest of the class looked determined as they followed his lead.

“Stay back! This is real. Those are villains.” When his teacher said those words, Katsuki felt his heart stop. Real. Villains. Shit .

Everyone, following orders, went with Thirteen to try and escape while Aizawa went after the villains. Just as they were about to get out, the purple substance came together in front of them, it was a person. Whoever it was tried to learn where All Might was from them, but Katsuki turned to Shitty Hair and they read each other's minds. They attacked, charging at the gasy figure. Only it didn’t work. They found themselves in what looked to be an abandoned city.

“Dude, are we still in UA?” Shitty Hair asked.

“The USJ is a simulator, right? This is probably just a fucking part of it.”

“Bakugo! I see villains outside, they’re coming towards us!”

“Good. Let’s kick some ass!” Katsuki smirked, the day was proving to be far more interesting than stupid rescue drills.

When they were done with all the villains in their area, Shitty Hair went to help their classmates while Katsuki went after the warp villain. He ran from behind, trying to get to the villain’s body, but was seen. There was no way to distract him so Katsuki never managed to get a hold of him. He saw Thirteen on the ground, barely alive, and grit his teeth. Suddenly, a scream like no other came from another part of the arena. Everyone, villains, and heroes alike searched for what caused it. Katsuki found it first. Mr. Aizawa had managed to subdue the villain covered in hands, but near them there was a monster, and in its hands was a body ripped clean in two. It was still alive. Katsuki couldn’t tell who it was, he was too far, but he felt sick. He could see hands moving, trying to get out of the creature’s grip. Whoever it was wouldn’t be alive for long. All the villains started laughing or smirking and the students rushed towards the scene. As he got closer, Katsuki realized who it was. Green hair dangled off of ivory skin. A green uniform starting to soak with red following a slender neck. His brain flashed images of Deku in the place of the poor student. But he knew that wasn’t who it was, the length of the hair and feminine figure were proof of that. No, it wasn’t Deku, It was frog girl. Tsuyu Asui. By the time he got there her body was completely limp. Her entrails were dripping out of her, coated in blood. Her tongue covered one of her eyes as it dangled from her mouth and her hands almost looked comical with her big gloves on, but it was anything but a joke. It was real. His classmate was dead and Katuki barely knew her name. He didn’t know who her friends were. He didn’t know what her favorite hobby was. He didn’t even know which dorm room was hers. All he really knew about was her quirk, and even then all he knew was that she was a human version of a frog. He had never paid attention to her. He had never cared . And just like that, she was no more than a statistic. The second student in their class who wouldn’t graduate. Would there be more? He saw Shitty Hair throwing up nearby and felt like he was about to do the same. He watched as the monster dropped her body and smashed her head with its foot. Her skull splintered into pieces as if she were glass. Pieces of brain scattered around the area. One landed only a foot away from Katsuki’s left shoe. It didn’t even look like she was every human anymore. She was nothing.

While everyone else was distracted, Thirteen used the last bit of their strength to pull the monster’s head into them. They fell to the ground alongside the monster.

“NO! You killed my Nomu!!” The hand-man said, still in Aizawa’s grip.

“Shigaraki, I suggest we leave,” the warp villain said, “even if All Might shows up, our weapon is destroyed.”

“No! I want to kill All Might!” Handsy said, throwing a tantrum whilst still being held by the pro-hero.

“You will, another day. It is best to retreat.”

“Fine. Kurogiri, let’s go.”

“Of course.”

Everything was wrapped in purple before the villains were gone. There were plenty of unconscious ones littered across the floor, but all anyone was looking at was Asui and Thirteen. People heard All Might and Glasses come back inside, but they were too late. They were far too late.

After talking to the police, the students were escorted back to the dorms. Katsuki stared longingly at Deku’s contact as he lay in bed. He had tried to call him, but it didn’t work. There was nothing he wanted more than to talk to him.

 


 

Everyone was talking about the attack. They called themselves the League of Villains and ambushed the first-year students at UA. One died, so did one of the staff, a pro-hero known as Thirteen. Izuku hated to admit it but when he was...happy...about it. He wasn’t happy a student died. He wasn’t happy a hero died. He wasn’t happy Kacchan was attacked. But he was happy that it had an effect on Toya. His mood was swayed to the point that he didn’t want to attack the greenette after school. And that felt amazing. Izuku didn’t know why and he didn’t care, he just hoped it lasted. Still, he didn’t exactly go straight home, he went to the Bakugos’ after school.

“Hi, um...is...is Kacchan okay?”

Mitsuki brought him into a hug and Izuku returned the gesture.

“He’s alive and not hurt, not physically at least.” Izuku let out a breath, he was more worried than he thought and the news was a relief. “I’m sure he’d love to hear from you, why don’t you call him?”

“Oh… My phone broke…”

“Oh, do you want to borrow mine and give him a call now?”

“Can I?”

“Of course! He needs a friend right now.”

Izuku took the phone and went to Kacchan’s room to make the call.

“The fuck d’you want, shitty old hag! I just fucking talked to you! Everything’s fucking fine!”

“Hi, Kacchan…”

“Deku?!”

“Haha, yeah, your mom let me borrow her phone, mine broke. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“You were there, weren’t you? You’re in class 1-A.”

“Yeah, I was.”

“Did...did you see the girl? The news said her death was...brutal.”

“Yeah...it was...it...they...she was ripped in half.”

“Oh my god.”

“Deku...I miss you.”

“I miss you too, Kacchan, but it’ll be okay. Are they going to have you all go home after everything?”

“Right now they think UA is the safest place since we all may be targets now.”

“Oh…”

“Deku?”

“Yeah?”

“If they don’t cancel it, will you come to the sports festival? I want to see you...please?”

“I’ll try, Kacchan. I want to see you too.”

“How’s school been? Are the kids being meaner than usual?”

“...No. I miss having you here, but nothing different is actually happening...it’s just harder when I can’t talk to you is all.”

“You’re lying.”

“What? No I’m not.”

“I know those fucking kids, they were terrified of me. There’s no way that nothing’s changed since I left.”

“Well, we’re still friends, Kacchan, and they know that. I think they’re still afraid of you.” Izuku wanted to come clean, wanted to let the truth rip out of him, but he couldn’t. Kacchan had just been through so much, he couldn’t burden him with even more. Besides, he shouldn’t distract him from hero training, it wouldn’t change anything anyway. It’s not like he would come home. “I should probably give this back to your mom…”

“NO!”

“No?”

“Don’t leave me...please…”

“Okay.”

Izuku and Katuki just stayed there, both lying down in bed, connected through a call yet saying nothing, both of them yearning for more. They wanted to be in each other’s arms, to touch, to comfort. They didn’t want to be alone. But the call would have to suffice, it was all they had. This is just temporary , Izuku thought.

Mitsuki walked in to find the call still running and Izuku fast asleep.

“Katsuki?”

“Yeah?”

“He’s asleep.”

“Heh, yeah, I could hear him breathing…”

“You love him, don’t you?”

“Huh?!”

“You whispered that so you don’t wake him up, didn’t you?”

“Fuck off…”

“He’s in your bed, you know…”

“The fuck? Stupid nerd… Hey, old hag?”

“Yeah, brat?”

“Can Deku go with you and the old man to the sports festival?”

“I’ll have to ask his mom, but I don’t see why not.”

“I really miss him…”

“I know you do, brat.”

“Night.”

“Night,” she said as she hung up the phone. She tucked Izuku under the blankets and sent a quick text to his mom letting her know he was staying at her place for the night. She wouldn’t lie, she missed having a kid in that room. She knew UA was what was best for her son, but sending him so far away wasn’t easy, especially with what was going on with the League of Villains. She wanted to be near him more than anything, and, as she looked down at Izuku’s soft face, she imagined he felt very similarly. She placed a kiss on his head before heading to the kitchen to make some dinner. She made a portion for Izuku and left it on the counter in case he woke up.

“Do you think he’s really okay?” Masaru asked.

“No…he saw a girl get ripped in half, he’s not fine, no matter how many times he repeats that he is,” Mitsuki replied.

“What about Izuku, Katsuki was worried about him.”

Mitsuki sighed, “No, I don’t think he’s okay either...he’s become so skinny lately… I’m worried about him.”

“I’m sure he’s fine, his mother is a nurse, if there was something wrong, I’m sure she’d notice.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right, still…” she glanced up the stairs towards her son’s room, “I worry…”

“I know, come here,” Masaru held his arms open for his wife, his mate, to melt into, “they’ll both be okay. They’re strong.”

Notes:

Love youuuuuuuu <3

Chapter 8

Notes:

For this story I'm really trying to work on my emotional writing so let me know if anything makes you FEEL, like if you're actually feeling real emotions at any point in the story <3 I'd really appreciate knowing if I did well anywhere and where that it <3

Chapter Text

Izuku woke up to the smell of grilled fish and miso soup. He looked around and quickly realized he wasn’t in his own room. He squeezed his eyes together to fully wake him up and noticed he recognised the room, it was Kacchan’s. He let his nose lead him downstairs to where Auntie Mitsuki and Uncle Masaru were eating breakfast.

“There’s some in the kitchen for you, I told your mom you were here last night. I made some lunch too, it’s in the fridge,” Mitsuki told him. She liked taking care of someone again, especially when that someone was much more polite than her own son.

“O-oh thanks, you didn’t have to do that,” Izuku said with a slight bow. He glanced up at the clock and noticed he had some time before he had to leave. He was still in his uniform from the day before, and there were no bloodstains on it, so there was no reason to change. He hadn’t done his homework the night before but there wasn’t time to do it before school started anyway, so he might as well eat. He grabbed the food and sat at the table with the Bakugos.

“The damn brat said you were thinking about going to the sports festival? Why don’t you come with us?”

“I-I couldn’t let you pay for that! The sports festival is expensive!”

“Don’t worry about it, competitors get three free seats each, so it wouldn’t cost us anything,” Mitsuki lied.

“Well…if it’s okay with my mom… It would be nice seeing Kacchan again…”

“Great! I’ll talk to Inko about it soon!”

“I’m sure he misses you too, Izuku,” Masaru added.

Izuku gave a small smile before cleaning up his dishes and grabbing the lunch from the fridge. He was sad he wouldn’t be able to eat it, all the Bakugos were great cooks. 

The mood from the previous day was practically extinguished, it was as if the UA attack had never happened, but Izuku should never have hoped for anything different. They were pretty far away from the incident and no one personally knew anyone who died. He sucked in a sharp breath as Seijin put her nails against his throat.

“You weren’t getting distracted, were you?” She asked, her eyes shining with anger.

“N-no…”

“Good. Because you’re mine right now.”

“R-right s-sorry…”

“Dodge.”

Izuku dropped to the ground as a punch came towards him only to be surprised by a kick to his scalp. He was pulled up by his collar and thrown over Seijin’s shoulder, his back smashing against the cold, hard dirt. He grit his teeth to hold in a scream.

“You’re barely better than a dummy, this is such a waste of my time. You know, you should be honored. I’m going to be the most famous hero in Japan one day, and you were lucky enough to train with me. So stop getting distracted. I’m done for today, I have to get my nails done.”

Izuku could barely keep his eyes open as he watched her walk away. He laid on the ground, his back throbbing. Whenever he tried to move he felt a sharp pain echo throughout his spine. He stayed as still as possible until he felt darkness loom over his shut eyes. When he opened them he noticed a cloud was blocking the setting sun. The pain had become tolerable but he had no motivation to move. He felt a fly land on his palm and turned his head to face it. He watched as the little creature explored his skin before flying away. He turned over and closed his eyes. There were worse places to sleep and, in all honesty, there was no real reason to go home. If he woke up with the sun the next morning he would have plenty of time to get ready before school. The blades of grass poked into him but he ignored them as his consciousness followed the sun into darkness.

 


 

Katsuki stared at the moon from his window. The class were all out celebrating Asui’s life or some bullshit. He thought it was the stupidest thing he ever heard. That was a lie. Part of him wanted to go, but he couldn’t. He knew it wasn’t right. He barely knew her name and...it was his fault she was dead. Shitty Hair had said they should go help their classmates but he didn’t listen. Maybe if he had gone to help...maybe she wouldn’t’ve died. Maybe Thirteen wouldn’t have died either. He thought he was so powerful and would be able to beat a fucking portal but he wasn’t. He might’ve been able to make a difference in the battle with all his classmates but no, he had to be a lone wolf. He had to take care of the villain no one could figure out. The one that was both strong and smart. He had to prove he could do what no one else could. How could he do that in a group setting? He couldn’t. So he didn’t. And his classmate died. And his teacher died. He gripped his hair and screamed at the top of his lungs. He was glad everyone was gone.

When they got back Shitty Hair came to his room and shared some funny stories he heard about Asui, but they just made the blonde feel worse. After a few minutes, Pikachu and Racoon Eyes joined them. They had brought back some pastries and gave Katsuk a scone. Deku’s are better , he thought while he ate silently, listening to their chatter. Once the topic changed from Asui to some other random bullshit, Katsuki noticed his mood start to lighten. He didn’t kick any of them out of his room that night. After a while, Mina left but Pikachu got some blankets and pillows for himself and Shitty Hair and they didn’t leave until the morning. It felt safe. Katsuki felt safe.

 


 

Izuku let the cold shower wash over him. It didn’t seem like his mom noticed he wasn’t there the night before. That was fine. She was busy. Besides, that way he didn’t have to come up with a lie. He turned off the tap and dried his body before putting his uniform on and heading back to school. He didn’t bother to put a new lunch in his bag or dry his hair. He glanced at an apple on the way out the door but didn’t turn back. Food was overrated anyway.

When lunch came around he made his way to the roof as per usual, only it was very different. First they were mad that he had “forgotten” his lunch, and then they brought up the fact that he’d ditched them the day before. He needed to learn a lesson. And he did. When he walked back into class he watched as the edges of his teacher’s mouth turned up upon noticing the fresh black eye he was sporting. He didn’t pay attention to class and merely looked out the window and watched as all the colors dulled inside his mind. He used to love colors. He hadn’t painted in weeks, he realized. He didn’t miss it. He should have. But he didn’t. He didn’t miss baking either. He never thought he would pass up the opportunity to feel dough in his hands and taste fruity fillings, but what was the point? He just didn’t want to do those things anymore. He would get back to his hobbies after junior high, he told himself, it was just a temporary pause. Everyone loses motivation at some point, after all. 

When the day ended he headed behind the gym, it was routine. When he was done there he went home. Remembering his mom’s words he made dinner but the smell of it alone made him want to puke. He only made one serving.

The hours turned to days and the days into weeks. Soon enough the sports festival was right around the corner. It was also two weeks before Izuku’s birthday. He packed the baggiest clothes into a bag before heading off to school. He would be leaving with the Bakugos as soon as the day ended. He knew he wasn’t eating enough as he should and wanted to make sure Kacchan didn’t notice. Apparently, Toya and his gang were going to the sports festival too and their excited moods meant they forgot all about Izuku as they rushed off campus at the end of the day. Izuku smiled, the fewer bruises he had to hide, the better.

He climbed into the backseat of the Bakugos’ car with his bag on his lap. Part of him was excited to see Kacchan again, but...another part of him wasn’t. He knew he had changed a lot since the last time he saw the alpha, and not in a good way. He had baked some cookies to give the blonde but only because he thought it would be suspicious if he brought nothing. He put on a fake smile and worked on perfecting it with his reflection in the car window as they made their way. He was happy. His life was okay. He needed Kacchan to believe that. He wasn’t proud of the person he had become. He wasn’t taking care of himself, he knew that. He wasn’t interested in, well, anything. He was barely even human anymore. No one cared enough to notice. But Kacchan would. He would care. So, Izuku had to hide it. He had to be the naive, spoiled version of himself he was before the blonde left.

 


 

Katsuki was bouncing off the walls with excitement. The UA sports festival was only a day away. His parents and Izuku would be arriving in a few hours and Katsuki wanted to see them so badly, but he needed to prepare for the festival, and they would be exhausted. He would see them after, gold medal in hand. He was going to be representing his class at the festival which meant he would have to address the crowd. He knew exactly what he was going to say. He was going to pledge to win. Their class had been through absolute shit. They were all angry. The entire school was angry. Most people would probably expect him to mention Asui or Thirteen but he knew the teachers would do that at some point. No. He needed to get everyone focused. That day he, and everyone else, only needed to think about becoming number one. They all needed a day where there were no deaths and no villains. They were to become heroes. That meant they would deal with their comrades dying. But they hadn’t graduated yet. He was going to pledge to win. Not just win the festival, but to win the war with evil and villains they were all fighting. He knew no one would really understand what he meant, none of the students at least, but he didn’t care. He knew, and that was what mattered. He was never one for words, but he could always rile up a crowd. And he knew his words would set the tone for the entire festival. And he wanted that tone to be ferocious and competitive. They had to always be doing their best or the villains would defeat them. Whether it was a real battle or merely training he swore long ago to always give it his all.

 


 

Izuku ate dinner with the Bakugos. It was nice but as soon as he was done, he felt the desperate urge to go to the bathroom. His stomach squeezed as the food he had just eaten rushed back out through his mouth and into the toilet. He was lucky the bathroom was empty. When he finished he noticed a little tray of mints outside the doors and took one. His breath was unsavory and he didn’t want Kacchan’s parents asking questions.

He barely managed to fall asleep that night, his mind was running in circles. When he woke up the next morning he packed his cookies in a small bag and got dressed to go to UA. He met the Bakugos and walked with them to the school entrance. When they got there they found that there was some confusion with the tickets and Izuku ended up in a different section to the couple, but he was okay with that, it meant he didn’t have to try so hard to mask himself. He finds his seat and looks around. The area was already packed as they didn’t feel the need to arrive early as Kacchan wouldn’t be able to see them until after the competitions were over. It didn’t take long for Izuku to notice Toya a few rows in front of him and he sunk into his seat. They had no reason to suspect he would be there so as long as he stayed low they probably wouldn’t notice him. He watched as the students filed out into the arena and they called a first-year to the microphone. He watched as Kacchan’s face filled a nearby screen, sweat already forming at his brow due to the hot temperature.

“I vow to win.”

Izuku watched as the alpha’s class erupted and the others in the year yelled with anger. They thought he was being egotistical, which he probably was, to an extent. But Izuku knew better. He knew that the old Kacchan would have laughed maniacally whilst explosions burst from his palms as he said that, but he was calm. He wasn’t being over-confident, no, he was determined . He was going to do whatever it took to win. He was going to push himself and his opponents to their limits. Izuku smiled at his friend, even though he knew the blonde couldn’t see him. He was proud. He might have let himself go, but at least Kacchan was doing well. At least one of them was thriving. He watched as the students all filed outside to take part in an obstacle course. Kacchan used his quirk to fly above the robots then over the columns and minefield. But next to him the whole time was Todoroki, son of Endeavor, he was using his ice to glide over everything just like Kacchan. They crossed the finish line in almost unison. It was a photo finish. The teachers took a few moments to look at the results but then announced Todoroki won the first challenge. Izuku noticed how Kacchan sent a glare his way but the other boy didn’t notice. Midnight announced the next challenge. A cavalry battle. They had to steal the other’s points and, since he was in first place, Todoroki had 10,000,000. He was the obvious target for everyone else. Izuku turned his attention to the duel-haired boy as he talked to a blonde boy who seemed extremely excited about something. He obviously had a plan. If he could just keep the points he had, he would stay in the lead. As soon as the battle started, Izuku watched as, with the blonde on his shoulder, ice shot from his arms and they propelled into the sky. He watched how they sat at the top of it as if it were a throne.

“GET DOWN HERE YOU ICYHOT BASTARD!!”

Izuku’s attention was drawn back to Kacchan but not before he saw a smirk form on the ice boy’s face. Izuku liked him. The blonde on his shoulders could barely breathe because he was laughing so hard. Izuku watched as Kacchan tried to propel himself up the tower but it was too high and he couldn’t risk his feet touching it in case it was considered ground. Defeated, he captured headbands from other teams. When the results were in, not much changed. Todoroki was still in first and Kacchan was in second.

Izuku then watched all the individual battles. It was exhilarating. One of his favorite students was Shinso. He won his first battle by telling his opponent to walk out of bounds. His quirk was powerful. Sadly, he was defeated by Todoroki near the end, Izuku would have liked to see him in the final battle against Kacchan. To add to his disappointment, the final battle ended very quickly. The ice boy seemed to be falling to his quirk’s weakness, he was getting cold and couldn’t make too much ice to fight Kacchan’s blasts. He did what he swore to do and won, but something was wrong. He was still staring angrily at Todoroki as the other alpha looked up at him from the ground.

A few minutes later the top three were brought up on pedestals. First place, Katsuki Bakugo. Second place, Shoto Todoroki. Third place, Hitoshi Shinso. While he should have been excited, Kacchan just stared angrily at Todoroki who avoided his glare.

After the students were allowed to leave, Izuku watched as Katsuki made his way to the audience stands of the arena. The alpha eventually found Izuku’s face and made his way towards him. When he got there he pulled the greenette into a hug, lifting him off the ground in the process. 

“Hey, Deku,” he said, voice like gravel, “I missed you.”

 


 

Even though he was surrounded by people, Katsuki let his head go down so that his forehead touched that of the greenette. He took in the eucalyptus and citrus scent and felt his body relax. He had missed Deku so much and feeling him in his arms again was amazing. Smelling him was amazing. He wanted to nuzzle up to the boy, to cuddle him, to kiss him, to love him. But even he had limits to the amount of affection he would display, especially with reporters so nearby.

“I missed you too, Kacchan,” Izuku laughed. The name made Katsuki smile, he hadn’t heard it in far too long. “I made you some cookies!” The alpha took the cookies and his smile got even wider. He hadn’t realized exactly how much he had missed the greenette. Every fiber of his being was telling him to drag the boy back to his room. He took the other’s hand in his but just as he was about to leave he heard Shitty Hair calling him from behind. He detached from the younger boy and turned around to see red hair running up to him.

“Bakubro! Aizawa wants to see us...Asui’s parents are here…”

“Oh...shit…I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Who’s that?” Kirishima asked, looking towards Deku.

“Doesn’t matter, I said I’d be there, now fuck off.”

“Okay, okay, sheesh.”

When he left, Katsuki turned to Deku, “Hey, I’m sorry, but I have to go, Asui’s the girl who died in the attack.”

“Oh, okay…”

“You’re leaving tonight, right?”

“Yeah.”

“What time?”

“I’m not sure…”

“I should be done soon, I’ll call my mom later, okay?”

“Okay.”

 



Izuku watched Kacchan’s back as he walked away. Doesn’t Matter . Is that really what Kacchan thought? Did Izuku really not matter? He felt the final fragments of his heart turn to dust and fly away in the wind. No one cared. The baggy clothes and personality mask were useless. Kacchan probably wouldn’t have noticed anyway. He made his way back to the Bakugos. They would be leaving in about an hour. He didn’t want to lie to Kacchan but he couldn’t tell the truth because he didn’t want it to be the truth. Even if the alpha didn’t care, Izuku still felt safer with him. As he made his way through the crowds he noticed jet black hair and purple scars. The man from the trip. He followed the man and watched as he left the campus and walked through some kind of purple portal. He found himself getting closer when it disappeared. He shook his head and made his way back to the Bakugos. He managed to avoid Toya and friends until they were on their way back. He already missed the scent of cinnamon.

Chapter 9

Notes:

Hi! So...I got twitter? I may post some threads there or something but I'll definitely be posting some kinktober prompts so if you want to see that, follow? I still don't really understand how twitter works and it may or may not scare me some so I'm not really active on it right now, but I will be 🤗
Click here to go to my page!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku hadn’t talked to Kacchan since the sports festival. It had been almost two weeks. He had gone much longer without contact when he first broke his phone, but something felt different about that time. He felt emptier. Before that he always thought that if he had a way to reach out he could use it and the blonde would be happy to hear from him. After what the alpha said, though, he only felt like a burden. Kacchan was probably ashamed of him, and to be honest, Izuku couldn’t blame him. He always knew he dragged the blonde down. In school they only had each other and while he tried to tell himself Kacchan didn’t have friends because of his prickly personality that was hard to get used to, deep down he always knew the truth. The reason the alpha wasn’t the star of the school was because he was friends with Deku . It was obvious in the nickname the blonde had so carefully chosen. Useless. He was useless. No one at school ever let him forget it. He saw how Kacchan had interacted with his classmates at the festival. He was thriving without Izuku. He was better off without Izuku. He always would have been. Guilt bubbled in the greenette and made him want to throw up. All those years he had been selfish. All those years he kept the blonde to himself and made his life hell. His mind flashed back to the kiss they’d shared at his aunt’s house. For a millisecond a flicker of hope was lit, Kacchan wouldn’t have kissed him if he didn’t care. But he knew that was a lie. He knew what was far more likely. Kacchan probably kissed him because he knew just as well as Izuku that the greenette had made his life horrible and was probably hoping that there would be some benefit to it. That Izuku wouldn’t be completely useless. But by how he fled, Izuku knew he had failed. He was completely useless. He couldn’t even give the best person in his life something to make up for all the pain he had caused. He knew the only reason the blonde hadn’t ghosted him when he went to UA was that he was a good person. It was the same reason he never left him in junior high. He was a hero and wouldn’t leave a useless kid all alone, even if it only hurt him. He had such a big heart and Izuku took advantage of that. He was a horrible person. The next day would be his birthday and he wanted nothing more than to talk to Kacchan, but he wouldn’t do it. He wouldn’t waste any more of the blonde’s time. He deserved to be happy.

 


 

Katsuki had called his mom when he was done with the meeting only to find out they had left already. Deku had left and he hadn’t even said goodbye, hell they barely got to say hello . He asked his mom to let Deku borrow the phone when she saw him because he wanted to talk to the greenette but it had been almost two weeks and that never happened. At one point she had even gone to the Midoriya’s house but no one was home. It seemed like Deku was out a lot at night, according to her. When she asked Inko about it one night she learned Deku was having a lot of study sessions with friends that went late so he ended up sleeping over. Katsuki doubted that. While he believed nothing had gotten worse for Deku he also doubted anyone would suddenly want to be friends with the kid. Then again, Katsuki had always been a bit brutish and possessive, maybe there really were others that wanted to be the greenette’s friend and the alpha had just scared them away. It was possible. He sighed to himself. He knew the next day would be Deku’s birthday and planned to talk to him. Everyone got their fifteenth birthday off from school since they would present, which for some kids could be very painful, so he knew where he’d be. His mom would probably be there with him too.

 


 

When Izuku got home the night before his birthday he saw his mom had made a cake for him.

“You got a cake? But my birthday isn’t until tomorrow…”

“I know, honey, but presenting can be hard so I thought we could celebrate tonight, just in case.”

“Oh, okay, thanks mom! It looks really good!”

“It’s carrot cake, your favorite. You really are my little bunny.”

Izuku laughed and gave his mom a hug. “I can tell, it is covered in frosting carrots.”

“Oh, well I guess that’s true,” she laughed, “you’re so banged up sweetie, how’s MMA going?”

“Really well! I know it looks like I always lose, but I’m not the worst in the class!”

“That’s great!” Just then there was a beeping coming from her waist, “I’m so sorry Izuku but it looks like there was an emergency and the hospital’s desperate for nurses, I have to go.”

“It’s okay, I’ll leave a slice out for you when you get back.”

She kissed his forehead and headed towards the door, “your present’s on your desk in your room!” she called as she walked out into the night.

Izuku sighed when he heard the door close and made his way upstairs. He saw the blue package sitting right where his mom said it would be, the ribbon was shining under his desk lamp. He picked up the box and carefully slipped the ribbon off before opening it. Tears welled in his eyes when he saw what was in the box. It was a new phone, a phone he knew they could barely afford. Part of him was ecstatic, but another part of him felt guilty. He had been a horrible son since he got back from the trip and he knew it. He didn’t deserve that phone. His mom worked so hard and did so much for him and he couldn’t even be bothered to care. You talked about getting a job but now you’re not even putting in the work at home. His mom’s words echoed through his mind. She was right. He wasn’t even trying. He was useless. He only made her life harder and she still gave up so much for him. She would be better off if he was gone. He plugged the phone in and let it charge while he went downstairs and cut a slice of cake to leave out. He thought of cutting a slice for himself, but he didn’t think he deserved the sugary goodness. On the other hand, wouldn’t it be worse if he wasted it when his mom spent money on it just for him? With a sigh he cut a small piece and ate it alone in the kitchen before putting the cake in the fridge. He was glad he managed to eat it without throwing up afterward. It tasted good but made him sick. He made his way to bed with his stomach in knots, he was going to present the next day. He wasn’t sure he was ready. Beta presentations were usually pretty easy, but he was still nervous. He debated whether or not to contact Kacchan and let him know he got a new phone but he ended up deciding to wait until he presented. He didn’t want to burden the blonde but reasoned that he was allowed to be a little bit selfish on his birthday. Still, he promised himself he wouldn’t bother the alpha other than that.

 


 

Katsuki watched the sun rise over the treetops at UA. He woke up extra early for Deku’s birthday. He wondered how the greenette was feeling. He hated that he couldn’t be there with him but he would make do with a phone call, maybe they could even video chat. He wanted to smell the younger boy more than anything. He wanted to know his scent. His alphan instincts had been begging to know it for weeks. Internships were coming up and he was thinking of finding one in his hometown, but there weren’t many agencies based there and the ones that were weren’t very good. He had 3,556 offers and every agency there was in the mix, still there were some names that stood out that would be hard to pass up. Best Jeanist and Miruko were definitely making it hard for him to choose. He even got an offer from Endeavor but there was no way in hell he was going there. He sighed and looked back up to the sky, he hated having to choose between a better internship and being with Deku.

 


 

Izuku’s body was hot. It was very, very hot. He could feel his sweat soaking through his mattress. It felt like he was on fire. He stretched, trying to spread his body heat as much as possible. Whenever something brushed against his skin it felt as if it was ripping him open from the inside. He had kicked his blankets to the floor hours ago. He had to clench his jaw tight to hold in his screams. It was hell. It felt like his body was destroying itself. His abdomen was throbbing and it felt like something was shredding his organs. He had never been in so much pain in his life. He knew presenting wasn’t always pleasant, but he never expected anything like that. His vision swirled as the pain made him slowly pass out. He had been going in and out of consciousness all morning. Eventually his mom woke up and went in to check on him. There was an obvious look of shock and horror on her face when she entered the room. Izuku would never forget that look. She was disgusted. Even so, she ran from the room and quickly returned with ice which she laid all over Izuku. It didn’t help much. The heat and torture was coming from within his own body. Nothing would help.

A few hours later and Izuku couldn’t keep his silence. He cried in high-pitched whines. The pain started to morph into something different, something stronger. The heat got even more intolerable, it felt like he was lying in a frying pan that was floating on a river of lava. He started to feel something deep within his gut, it was a pull, a desire. He didn’t know what he wanted, all he knew was that he was desperate for it.

 


 

Mitsuki walked next door and knocked on the Midoriyas’ door. Katsuki was on the phone with her as she did this, he had called as soon as he felt like Izuku would likely be awake and bitched at his mom until she agreed to go over “right the fuck now, Old Hag!!!” When the door opened she found an exhausted looking inko.

“Inko? Are you okay?”

“...do you need something?”

“Katsuki wanted to speak to Izuku if that’s okay, but are you alright?” She noticed the elder greenette’s fist tighten when she mentioned Izuku.

“I’m sorry but he can’t talk right now,” she responded, staring at the ground.

“Oh? Is he having a hard presentation?”

“...yeah. I have to go.” She said, slamming the door in Mitsuki’s face.

“Mom?” Katsuki asked through the phone.

“Sorry, brat, it looks like you two can’t talk right now.”

“The fuck? ...Is he okay?”

“How should I know, brat!? His mom seems tired, though, your presentation was easy, but I’ve heard a lot of horror stories.”

“Yeah, I know. Fucking cotton candy hair had to stay home for a week last year when she presented.”

“Yeah, her poor family, they weren’t sure she’d even survive at one point. But everything turned out okay, and I’m sure Izuku will be fine, so don’t worry, okay?”

“I’m not fucking worried you damn old hag!!!”

“Whatever, brat.”

Katsuki growled as he hung up the phone and Mitsuki chuckled. She glanced up towards Izuku’s window and shook her head. He was probably fine. Still, she resolved to make a lasagna for him and his mom, she looked too worn out to cook, anyway.

 


 

Katsuki gripped his phone, his hand turning white. Shit . He needed to be with the greenette. His instincts were screaming at him to go home . But he couldn’t, besides, Deku would be fine . It’s not like he would die , people only died from presenting like once a century. It was one of the rarest causes of death. Damn it! He had wanted to be with his friend more than anything when he presented, and knowing it was hard for him just made the alpha want to be there even more.

“Bakubro!” Kirishima yelled, barging into the other alpha’s room.

“Fuck off, Shitty Hair!”

“Hey! Don’t be like that! Did you hear what happened last night!?”

“I don’t give a fuck.”

“Mina saw Kaminari and Shinso making out in the common room!”

“The fuck?!”

“Kaminari was pinned to the wall !”

“It better not fucking smell like their fucking arousal when I get downstairs or I’ll fucking kill them.”

The redhead laughed, “don’t worry, Aizawa made them spray like ten bottles of scent remover.”

“Aizawa knows?”

“Yeah! He walked in right after Mina! I swear watching Kami in class today will be hilarious! I doubt Shinso will be any different, though.”

“I heard he’s Aizawa’s nephew,” Todoroki added from the hallway.

“You’re here too fucking half-and-half?! Why can’t anyone leave me the fuck alone!”

“Calm down, Bakugo, we just love you,” Mina added with a giggle as she waltzed into the blonde’s room.

While he would never admit it, the stupid drama in there class was a welcome distraction from his worry over Deku and everything else. It was likely the same for everyone else. They were all smiling and laughing but when you looked into their eyes, the carefree humor they had before the villain attack wasn’t there, Katsuki wasn’t sure if it ever would be again.

 


 

As the sun hit its highest point in the sky Izuku realized just what he was craving more than anything. Alpha . He wanted an alpha. The thought stopped his brain. If he wanted an alpha so badly, it could only mean one thing. The one thing he refused to acknowledge. The one thing he knew would destroy his life. A single tear fell from his eye as the realization hit him. It wasn’t temporary. Nothing was. He would never get out. He would be hated for his entire life. He would be useless for his entire life. There was no end. He was an omega. He was the lowest of the low in society. A quirkless omega. His existence was a joke. That’s why his mom was disgusted. She must have smelled him. She had left the house about an hour before he realized everything and he knew why. When omegas presented they would have a mini-heat. That was what was happening to him. He could feel the hunger deep within him as his ass started to get wet. He felt disgusting. He was disgusting. Every inch of his body was writhing in agony. He was burning up and felt like knives were being dragged across his skin. It was torture. And yet all he wanted was an alpha. He didn’t even think of stopping the pain, only of satisfying his primal desire. It was all he wanted. He threw his upper body over the bed as the little bit of cake from the night before wretched out his throat along with his bile.

Eventually the day ended and the sun set. Izuku started to cool down but couldn’t stop crying. He laid on his bed completely naked. His desperation was dwindling and for that he was grateful but he hated himself. He didn’t do anything during the day. He didn’t try to alleviate the pain even once. He wanted to, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. He hated what he was. Nobody cared about omegas. They had no use but to please alphas and bare their pups, but none of the alphas at school liked him at all. He’d probably never meet an alpha who would want a quirkless mate. He would never be able to do the one thing he was meant for. He would never be anything but completely, utterly, useless.

Izuku heard his mom re-enter their home. He had taken a shower and gotten changed into a different set of pajamas and was waiting in the kitchen, his back to the door. He was getting used to all the smells in his home, including his own. His nose was sensitive and he noticed every detail. His mom’s scent was so much more complex than he ever realized, her eucalyptus had minty undertones with hints of lime. She was only a beta so Izuku doubted even she knew her scent’s subtleties.

“Izuku…”

“I-I’m sorry,” he stuttered, fighting back tears.

“It...it’s not your fault.”

“Mom…” he said, still facing away from her, “I...I don’t...I don’t know...I don’t know what to do.”

“I know. We’ll survive this.”

Izuku couldn’t see her but he knew the look in her eyes. She hated him. How could her only son turn out so...so broken. So disgusting. She worked so hard to take care of him and he paid her back by being a stupid quirkless omega who was good for nothing.

“I’m sorry…”

There was silence in the home for what felt like a century before his mom spoke up, “I got you a collar.”

Izuku felt his heart stop. He knew some omegas wore collars but he hadn’t thought about it. “Oh...okay.”

His mom placed it next to him, only her hand coming into his view before she went upstairs and disappeared into her bedroom. Izuku waited for a few hours in case she wanted to come back down and talk to him, but she never did. He took the collar and went to his own room. He placed it with his uniform for the morning. It was black and matched well with his uniform.

Notes:

Just a reminder about my new twitter page at the end of this because I apparently have no shame!

Click here to go to my page!

Chapter 10

Notes:

This chapter isn't betaed because my wonderful beta (@yuutakun) is sick (please send her some love 🥺❤️) but it's been a long time since I updated so I'm posting it anyway. Please feel free to let me know if you notice any mistakes <3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku felt everyone’s eyes on him as he walked through the halls. They felt like daggers piercing through his skin. The collar made his neck itch but he refused to scratch. He refused to draw any more attention to it. He knew everyone could see it, more than that he knew everyone could smell him, smell how disgusting he was, how weak he was. He sat through his morning classes but felt his heart sink to his stomach and rise to his throat at the same time when Toya caged him into his desk as the lunch bell rang. He watched as the other students slowly filtered out of the room, the alphas lingering a moment longer than the others, until Izuku and Toya were alone. Izuku knew he was sending out distress pheromones but he tried his best to suppress them.

“See you on the roof,” Toya rasped into the omega’s ear.

He hated to admit it, but Izuku felt a jolt of electricity at the bottom of his spine. He took a deep breath and headed out of the classroom to follow Toya to the roof. He heard every step creak under his light weight. It felt like chains were dragging weights behind him as he worked his way up the staircase. Every step felt like climbing a mountain. The closer he got to the roof door, the more labored his breathing became, and not because of exhaustion. His chest felt tight and his throat squeezed shut, only letting a wisp of air through. As his hand landed on the cold metal doorknob he realized he had forgotten to bring lunch that day. He felt himself start to shake but gently put pressure on the knob, turning it. The door creaked open and he slowly stepped through. It felt like he should be stepping into a dark, haunted hallway but instead, the bright sun greeted him, shocking his eyes closed. Soon, it was blocked out by shade and Izuku blinked his eyes open, only to see Toya standing right in front of him.

“You smell good, omega,” Toya chuckled.

Izuku took a step back out of reflex and found himself hitting the wall behind him. Toya followed his movements and it was then that Izuku realized the rest of the gang was nowhere to be seen. Fear emanated from him and he had to swallow hard. He knew his scent was pungent but Toya didn’t seem to care.

“Fear really does suit you,” the blonde said, his nose inching close to Izuku’s collar.

Izuku froze when he noticed the other boy’s scent. He was an alpha. How had Izuku never noticed before? He didn’t know the other’s birthday, but he would if they shared it, wouldn’t he? There was no way Toya had also just presented. Maybe he had always been so afraid of him that he didn’t notice? Before presenting no one had a strong sense of smell, worse than even a beta’s, so it was entirely implausible. As he was pondering, Toya’s hand had slipped under his shirt and he tried to jump away, only to be reminded of the wall against his back, his head hitting it with an audible thump.

“Don’t try to run away from me, little omega, it won’t work.”

Izuku knew he was right. He wanted to run. His instincts were pulling him away from the alpha but he knew it would be pointless to even try. He knew he didn’t stand a chance. His muscles tensed but he stayed where he was, as still as possible. He bit his lip to keep his mouth shut as he felt tough fingers against his boney ribs. He looked up to see an evil smirk on Toya’s face. Soon one of the boy’s hands was unbuttoning Izuku’s uniform jacket and pulling it off his shoulders. His anxiety was spiking and his skin went cold and numb. He froze as his white shirt was removed next. His pants followed soon after. When he felt the other’s hands press into his hips, he went into a complete panic and dove under the other’s arm, his skinny frame letting him fall out of Toya’s grasp. But his freedom didn’t last long. Before he knew what was happening, he was being pushed into the ground, his face getting scratched by the uneven cement. His hands were being pressed into the small of his back and his legs were being pushed open. Just as he felt something hard pressing against his ass, they both heard a sharp inhale from behind. Toya’s grip loosened slightly but Izuku was too terrified to move.

“The fuck is wrong with you?!” Izuku knew that voice. Seijin. Still, he let a small dose of hope light in his gut, maybe she would stop this. She had never treated Izuku as anything more than a punching bag but she was an alpha too, Izuku knew she had presented about two weeks before and had done everything possible to avoid her, maybe she could smell his distress and came to help, most alphas couldn’t stand the scent, needing to care for the weaker sex. “How can you tolerate that smell?!”

“Fuck off and mind your own business!” Toya growled.

“Fine!” Izuku felt his heart drop, “Actually, no.” This time Izuku lifted his head slightly, allowing himself to see the top of her blonde locks. “I have a better idea. Class is about to start, I’m the student council president, I can easily get us absence slips, besides, I can help with that nasty smell~”

Izuku felt bile rushing up his throat but he swallowed it down. His hope was extinguished as he felt a sharp prick in one of his scent glands. Instantly he relaxed, the tension in his body melting off of him. Tears pooled in his eyes as his face was harshly pulled up and Seijin melded their mouths together, trespassing into his with her tongue. He hated it but his scent started to morph from distress to arousal, with it the alpha’s scents got stronger, clearer. He could feel his head get fuzzy as he once again felt something push against his rim. This time, it didn’t stop. Toya pushed in slowly and tears started to fall down Izuku’s cheeks only for Seijin to lick them up. As Toya started to move Izuku moaned into Seijin’s lips. His hands were released and he felt himself clinging onto the alphas. His mind fought with his body but it was no use. Even if he wasn’t drugged out on whatever Seijin gave him, he wouldn’t’ve been able to escape. He never could fight against either of them, the two of them working together, he hadn’t stood a chance. He gave up and felt his mind wander from his body, it was as if he was watching the scene from afar, like it was someone else being hurt so deeply, so irreversibly, but he knew it wasn’t, he felt it wasn’t.

He didn’t know how much time had passed before they were done. He was left on the roof, cum leaking out of his ass and covering his stomach. Finally he gave in and there was soon a puddle of bile near his head as he lay on the ground. His throat stung from the acid but he knew he deserved it. No matter how much he tried to fight it, he had liked it. He had liked being needed, wanted, by alphas. He had cum from it. That had to have meant he enjoyed it, right? He felt sick. He felt angry. He felt disgusted. He felt hatred, a deep hatred, but not towards Seijin nor Toya, he felt it towards himself. He hated himself for being an omega. He hated himself for being quirkless. He hated himself for being useless. He hated himself for being a burden on Kacchan. He hated himself for always making his mom’s life harder.

Izuku didn’t leave the roof that night. In the early morning hours, he got dressed and made his way down, thankful the school never locked the doors on the roof, nor any of them from the inside. He made his way home and found his mother already left for work. He took a quick shower and got dressed in new clothes—only, it wasn’t his uniform. He had put on a pair of jeans and an oversized hoodie. It was too warm for it but it allowed him to cover his body as much as possible so he didn’t care. He walked out his house and turned the opposite way of campus. He didn’t know where he was going, he just kept walking.

 


 

Katsuki stared at his phone. He had just agreed to the internship offer from Best Jeanist. He was not looking forward to it. Okay, that was a lie, he was, but he also knew it wouldn’t be nearly as fun as if he had chosen Miruko, but he also knew it was what he needed. Miruko had a personality much like his own and he needed to learn to mellow out when saving people. He was at least self-aware enough to know that was a weakness of his, Best Jeanist would help with that. He knew he was making the right decision for himself and his career. It still hurt that he wouldn’t be able to see Deku but there would always be other times. He had to be the best hero he could be, then he could give Deku everything he wanted, everything he needed. They could build a life together and—Katsuki forced his brain to stop. He couldn’t think like that. Deku and he had kissed once and it wasn’t exactly super consensual. He didn’t even know if the nerd was fucking gay! He took a deep breath. After his first year when he had a decently long break and Deku would have graduated he would take to him, confess. A smile spread on his lips when he thought about it.

“Bakubro! You coming?!”

“Fuck off, Shitty Hair!”

Katsuki put his phone in his locker and ran out of the changing room to the field to spar with his classmates. His first partner was Kirishima.

 


 

Izuku knew people were staring at him. It was obvious. He wandered into a less than hospitable neighborhood and he knew he should turn around and leave. But he didn’t. Wouldn't. Couldn’t. He kept walking forward and soon he saw something erupt from an alley he recognized—blue flames. His mind jumped back to the field trip and the man he met at the sanctuary. He bit his lip and hesitantly took a few steps forward. When he reached the alley, he was about to look past the building’s corner when the man he had been thinking about popped out, almost running into him. A menacing growl was angled towards him and Izuku gulped, taking a step back.

Suddenly, that evil evaporated into surprise, “Oh, it’s you.” He said in a monotone voice.

“H-hi..” Izuku stuttered out, face flushing and body shaking.

“A little omega like you shouldn’t be out here alone, even during the day. It’s not safe,” the man said stepping closer.

“I-I k-know…”

“And you’re here anyway?” He asked, quirking an eyebrow.

Izuku shrugged in response.

“Come on,” he said, gently pulling Izuku towards him and wrapping an arm around his waist, guiding him back the way he came, all the while keeping them so close they were practically hugging, “Don’t you have school?”

Izuku just nodded.

“Ditching? Hmmm, you didn’t seem the type, did something happen?”

Izuku froze for a second, but only a second, before shaking his head no. When he looked up at the man it was evident he didn’t believe him.

“Hmmm. Okay, here’s what we’re gonna do. I’m going to walk you home, when we get there you’re going to go inside and watch a stupid cheesy movie, okay?”

Izuku nodded again and, just like he said, the man walked the omega home. It took until they reached his doorstep for Izuku to realize he couldn’t smell the older man. He must have been wearing blockers of some kind. As far as he knew those were only ever used by heroes, villains, doctors, and sometimes the extremely wealthy. He knew the man wasn’t a hero and there was no way a villain could be as kind as him, but he certainly didn’t look like a professional or elite.

“W-what’s your na-name?” Izuku found himself asking.

The man smirked in response, “You got a phone?”

Izuku nodded.

The man held his hand out. Izuku quickly grabbed it from his jacket pocket and handed it over, thankful he had yet to put a passcode on it.

“See you around, kid,” he said before walking away, handing the omega back his phone.

Izuku looked down at his screen and there was a new contact—the only one on the device besides his mother—Touya. He had given him his number, too.

Only about a minute late he felt his phone buzz and pulled it out of his pocket.

Izuku hearted the last message and pocketed his phone again before making his way to their DVD collection and picking out one of All Might’s movies. He had seen it over a hundred times but he put it in the player anyway and laid down on the couch as he watched, reciting the script along with it.

The DVD was special edition and ended with an interview with All Might himself, in it, he talked about his time at U.A. which made Izuku think of Kacchan. He pulled out his phone and typed in the other’s number. He knew he shouldn’t call. He was a burden. But he wanted to hear the other teen’s voice so badly. He looked up at the TV, still showing b-roll of the school as if it was an advertisement, and gave in. He pressed the call button and put the phone to his ear. He waited as it rang, and rang, and rang. After a few more Izuku just hung up and tossed his phone to the end of the couch, allowing himself to drift off to sleep, a sadness hanging like a ten-ton weight upon his heart. Maybe Kacchan was just busy…

 


 

When he got back from training, Katsuki noticed a missed call from a number he didn't recognize on his phone. He tsked before throwing his phone back in the locker and changing out of his sweaty hero suit. He hated fucking junk calls.

 


 

Izuku entered the classroom late. The entire class stared at him as he walked in.

“Midoriya. Where were you yesterday?” His teacher asked with a scowl.

Izuku looked up at him but didn’t know what to say, so instead, he just took his seat. He hung his bag on his desk but didn’t take out any homework—he hadn’t done it, didn’t even know what it was. Sure, he could have looked it up online but he didn’t.  He was so sick of his life, of his school, he couldn’t bring it in him to care. He just stared up at the teacher, a dead, empty look in his eyes.

“Detention after class. I’ll let you know what to do by the end of the day. Don’t be late or miss class again, omega .”

Izuku thought he had stopped caring about anything. He thought he had iced the world out. He was wrong. Hearing his teacher address him like that hurt. It almost shocked some life into him. He felt a swell in his throat and buried his nails in his hands. He wasn’t going to cry. Not there. Not then.

He felt a hot breath against the nape of his neck, “Wanna bet I can convince him to let me supervise you during detention?” The alpha whispered. He went cold.

Class went by in a hurry but Izuku felt sick. As soon as the lunch bell rang Izuku dashed out of the classroom and to the nearest bathroom. He felt his stomach churn and emptied his already foodless stomach into one of the toilets. Desperate to escape, he fished his phone out of his pocket and once again tried to call Kacchan. He promised himself he wouldn’t be a burden. He knew the blonde was busy as U.A. but he was terrified, petrified. His ass still hurt from what happened last time. He felt like there was something under his skin, like he was in a body that wasn’t his own as the phone rang.

“Don’t think you can hide away from me, Deku .” He heard Toya growl, entering the bathroom.

Izuku hung up the phone with a shaking hand and slid it back into his pocket. He stumbled as he tried to stand and backed himself to the back of the stall.

“I can smell you from down the hall, omega .”

Izuku gulped and pressed his back against the tile, wishing more than anything that he could fall through it. The door was kicked in with a loud bang and Toya was pressing against him in an instant.

“You should be grateful I even want you, quirkless. All you’ll ever be good for is being a fucking cocksleeve and you know it. You know you’re nothing but a burden on everyone around you.”

The sad thing is...Izuku did know. He knew and he had still tried to call Kacchan. He knew and he still thought he deserved to be scared. He knew and he still tried to get out of it. He knew and he still tried to run away from the one thing he could do—the one thing he was wanted for. He was worse than worthless.

“I bet Bakugo was only friends with you cause protecting you was like practice for being a hero. He could have had so many friends if it wasn’t for you always hanging around, you know that? You really ruined his life. I bet he hates you for it,” the blonde sneered, licking from the top of Izuku’s collar to his ear, “I know I would.”

Izuku went limp in the alpha’s hold. He knew he was awful. He knew he made Kacchan and his mom’s lives worse by being in them. He knew everyone would have been better off if he had never been born. He didn’t deserve to fight, to struggle. No. He should be grateful he was wanted. He didn’t say a word as he let Toya do whatever the boy wanted, a single, silent tear dropping from his eye. He didn’t even smell distressed. He didn’t smell like...anything.

Notes:

I lost the site I used to use to make the texts so I'm sorry they don't look as good now! On the plus side, the timing worked out since this is the first time he got texts on his new phone 🤷♀️

Again, please show @yuutakun some attention, she deserves it 🥺❤️

Oh, also, I almost forgot...I am no longer inactive on twitter, I post threads on there that I don't post on AO3 (too short) so check it out! @dnlx5679 I've also posted my kinktober prompts 👀

Chapter 11

Notes:

And here's another update! This is a pretty chill chapter, so a nice break from the absolute angst that is this fic! (My beta disagrees but whatever)

Also, I'm starting to decide which fics I update next based on twitter polls, so follow me there if you want in on that! @dnlx5679

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Katsuki saw a missed call on his lock screen after class. It was the same number that had called him the day before. There were no messages left. He was about to call the number back if only to tell them to leave him the fuck alone when Shitty Hair called for him. They needed to head to training. All Might was teaching them that day and they couldn’t be late. He angrily stuffed his phone back into his pocket as he made his way to the changing room.

 


 

Izuku made his way to the detention room. He had half a mind not to go but what was the point? It’s not like it really mattered. If Toya was there...then he was there. At that point Izuku knew he should just get used to it. He should be thankful. He finally had a purpose in life. There was finally someone who wanted him.

He walked into the room to find it empty. The teacher wasn’t even there. Izuku slowly made his way to a desk and sat down. He watched the classroom clock as the second hand ticked around its circumference. It was an hour before anyone else showed up. It was his teacher.

“Midoriya.”

Izuku looked down from the clock to the teacher’s stern face.

“Have you just been sitting here?”

Izuku shrugged.

“You should be studying. I’ve always known you wouldn’t amount to anything but now you're being lazy too? You should be glad you’re an omega. You would never have been able to provide for a family. I hope you can at least produce one. I see the way you try to avoid Toya. He’s a good alpha. You should be grateful he has any interest in you at all.”

Izuku fought hard to stop himself from crying but it didn’t work. His lip trembled as his vision started to blur. Toya is a good alpha. Izuku knew that was true. He did. He tried to tell himself differently. He tried to tell himself that what was happening to him was wrong, that he was worth more. But he knew that was a lie.

He wasn’t expecting the burn that spread across his cheek as his eyes turned toward the window. He lifted his cold hand to the surface, letting it cool his skin. He looked up to his teacher who was standing right by him, no longer by the door.

“Stop crying. Don’t go home until the sun sets.”

With that, the teacher left the room. It took a minute for Izuku to realize what had happened. His teacher had slapped him. That was illegal. Not that anyone would care if Izuku reported it. Izuku tried to push his emotions down. He tried to make himself numb. He had felt emotionless before, maybe he could feel it again. But he couldn’t. Trying to stop himself from crying just made him start to gasp for air, making it worse—louder. He buried his face in his arms against the desk, trying his best to mute himself. It didn’t do much. He was grateful no one else entered the room until darkness coated every surface in it. He sniffled as he looked up at the moon through the window. He wiped the tears and snot off his face with his sleeve and made his way out the building. 

His mom wasn’t there when he got home. He washed his face before stripping out of his uniform. He was about to put on his pajamas when he grabbed a t-shirt and jeans. He got dressed and looked at himself in the mirror. He didn’t have a plan. He had no idea why he wasn’t getting into bed to cry or sleep or both. There was just something in him that needed something else. Needed a distraction. Needed control. He pulled off his collar and left it on his sheets before heading out. He made his way to the same area he was in the day before. He didn’t know what he was looking for but he wouldn’t’ve been upset if he ran into Touya. He walked down the street, everyone he passed seemed to be staring at him. He wasn’t surprised. Soon he heard music and decided to follow it. As he got closer, he felt the bass drumming through his body.

His path led to a doorway with blue and pink light flooding through it into the open street. There was alpha by the door, blocking anyone’s way. Izuku walked up to him. He wasn’t sure what to say so he just stood there and looked up at the man.

The alpha smirked, “Aren’t you a little young to be in a place like this?”

Izuku shrugged.

The alpha chuckled before moving to the side and nodding towards the light. Izuku followed the movement and went inside. It was a club. The lights were strobing and there people as far as the omega could see. Everyone’s bodies were pressing against each other and their scents were mixing into a beautiful cocktail through the room. Izuku made his way into the mass, he wanted to copy those around him but he felt anxiety tighten around his throat. He just stood there, the only one still in a throng of moving bodies.

“You look like you could use this,” someone yelled over the music, pushing a glass towards Izuku.

He wondered what it was, but only for a moment. The clear liquid swayed in the cup like hypnosis and before he knew it, Izuku was pouring the mystery down his throat.

“Good omega,” the man said with a smile.

He reached out and took the cup from the omega before handing it back to him, somehow it was full again. Izuku didn’t question it that time and downed it. The man once again took the glass but that time didn’t return it. He reached out and took the omega’s hand, pulling him close. Warmth started to tingle over Izuku’s body and he noticed he didn’t mind the other man’s touch. As hands began to roam over his body, Izuku started to sway to the music. He felt anxiety’s grip loosen as his mind began to cloud. His neck arched back as he moved his hips to the beat. His body rubbed against others. The world started to blur but he liked it. His body was moving without his brain telling it to and yet he had never felt more in control. His skull thrummed with the bass and hands made their way under his shirt, fingers grazing just above his jeans. The people around him changed, new faces constantly popping up. The strobes made it look like the world was in stop-motion. He felt himself smile as his body grew even warmer. He was pushed and pulled from partner to partner. He tasted a multitude of different flavors as one tongue after another made its way into his mouth. It was different from when the kids at school did it. Better. Looser.

 


 

Katsuki rubbed the towel over his wet body before walking out the bathroom. He grabbed his favorite pair of pajamas from his closet and sat at his desk to finish up his schoolwork before heading to bed. He had a paper to do. His phone was next to his computer and he thought of calling the mystery number back but decided against it. If it was something important they’d call again. He rolled his head, letting his neck stretch before he pulled up a blank document and got to work.

 


 

Izuku couldn’t tell how much time had passed. He could barely hold himself upright, leaning against some alpha. He was close enough to the man’s scent gland to discern his smell from that of the throng. It smelled like dark chocolate and caramel. Izuku let him lead the omega out of the club and onto the back of a motorbike. Izuku held onto the man’s back as the engine started. He leaned back as they were riding, letting the wind go through his hair and caress his cheeks.

 


 

Katsuki went downstairs and made himself a cup of peppermint tea. He had just finished the paper. It wasn’t due for another week but that way he would have time to make revisions. Besides, he knew he would probably have to help his classmates with theirs when it got close to the due date. He bounced the teabag in the hot liquid in the silence of the dorms. It was strange, almost unnerving. He was used to the place being loud. It hadn’t been so quiet so early since the villains attacked and Tsuyu...he shook his head. He didn’t want to think about it. Thankfully, nothing that bad had happened again, the class was just exhausted. All Might worked them hard that day. Katsuki’s muscles were still sore. He took a sip of the warm tea and felt the heat course through his aching body. It felt good. He took a deep breath and let his eyes close. He felt his body relax to the taste and smell of the peppermint.

 


 

Izuku let the man push him onto the bed. He let his shirt get pulled off his body. He moaned when he felt the alpha suck on his neck. He felt his pants and underwear getting pulled off. His hole was already starting to slick when his legs pushed themselves open. He didn’t know if it was the alcohol or the alpha’s quirk but he didn’t care, he let his legs do whatever they wanted.

 


 

Katsuki turned off his bedroom lights and tucked himself under the covers. As his mind wandered he remembered the kiss he shared with Deku. He missed the innocent kid. He couldn’t wait until he could see him again.

 


 

Izuku clawed at the alpha’s back as he was pounded into the mattress. His moans were near-silent, as he screamed with no noise. Bite marks were being littered over his skin as the alpha thrusted, thankfully the man was staying clear of the omega’s scent glands.

Izuku woke up the next morning in the alpha’s bed. His head was throbbing and he squinted, pulling the covers back over his head, trying to block out all traces of light. He only gave up when he started struggling to breathe. He sat up and looked around the room. There was a note next to him on the other pillow. Feel free to use the shower, I had to go to work, didn’t wanna wake u. Izuku laughed to himself, the alpha was sweet. He took the man’s advice and went to find the bathroom. He took a nice, hot shower before getting dressed and making his way outside. He wasn’t sure where he was but he just picked a direction and walked. He had his phone and could pull up the gps if he needed to but he didn’t feel a strong desire to go home. He saw the time on a clock before he left and it was well past the time for him to go to school, so he decided to skip again. The sun made his eyes burn and his head pulsate even worse. Yet, somehow, looking at his phone screen sounded worse, let alone focusing enough to get directions. He just hoped he would be lucky and wander towards his house.

Turns out he was not a lucky person. An hour later and Izuku was no less lost. He sighed and pulled out his phone. He had been going in the wrong direction. He turned around and followed the blue path on his screen until he made it home. His mother wasn’t there, she had probably already gone to work. Izuku noticed she had texted him.

He put his phone on the kitchen counter and checked the fridge. There was enough there for him to make a stew so he got it started. It would be enough that he wouldn’t have to worry about making dinner for a few days. While it was cooking he went to his room and back to sleep. The stew just needed to cook for a long time at a low temperature, it would be fine if he wasn’t watching it, besides, his head was killing him. He set his alarm to go off after six hours, the food would be done by then, probably right around when his mom would get home too. He kicked off his pants and crawled into bed, not bothering to change into his pajamas nor take off his shirt.

When his alarm went off he hurried downstairs and checked on the food. It smelled good. He got out a spoon to taste it but froze before dipping it into the stew. He stared at the pot as nausea bubbled within him and put the spoon away. He was sure it would be fine. Besides, if it tasted bad there wasn’t much he could do, the flavors were stuck there after cooking for so long. He turned off the heat and put the top back on. He moved the pot to the oven and turned it on at a very low temperature, just enough to keep the stew warm until his mom got home. Izuku went back to his room and put on sweatpants. He went back downstairs and turned on the tv while he waited for his mom to get home. There was some sort of singing competition on. It wasn’t interesting, but it was enough to give Izuku something to focus on while he waited.

It was about an hour before his mom walked in. When she did, Izuku jumped up to greet her. He took her bag and let her know he made dinner before fixing her a bowl. She sat down at the table and Izuku gave it to her.

“Thanks, sweetheart. I’ve had such a long day,” she sighed.

“Did something happen or just busy?” Izuku asked.

“There was a villain attack, lots of people were injured, so the hospital was very busy.”

Izuku nodded.

“Could you get me some water?”

Izuku nodded and grabbed a glass. He was about to fill it when he tripped over his own feet and fell down, dropping the glass. It shattered when it hit the ground. Glass shards ripped into Izuku’s hand as he fell on top of them.

“Izuku!” His mom screamed, running over, “Look at this mess! Do you know how much it costs to buy a nice glass like that?!”

“S-sorry…”

“Clean this up then go to your room. I can’t look at you right now. I’ll get my own water. Unbelievable…”

Izuku did as she asked and picked up the shards that covered the floor, ignoring the searing pain in his hand. When the floor was clear he went to the upstairs bathroom to pull out the pieces that had stuck into his skin. He rinsed his hand under cold water, letting the diluted blood run down the sink. When he was done he wrapped his hand in a bandage and headed to bed. He had slept a lot that day but he still felt exhausted.

As his consciousness faded he thought of Touya, his blue flames warming Izuku’s cold body. Maybe he would text him.

The next morning Izuku woke up to his alarm for school. He didn’t want to go. He wanted to stay in bed. Or go to the club again. But he also knew the club was probably closed during the day. There was also a chance the school would call his mom if he missed two days in a row. He put on his uniform and walked outside. The sun was blazing hot. He was only outside his house for a minute and he was starting to sweat. He was glad he didn’t bother to bring his bag. It would have been annoying to carry in the heat. He went back inside and took off his jacket and tie. When he did so he realized he had forgotten to put his collar back on. He ran upstairs and grabbed it. He was going against the school dress code but he didn’t care, it was too hot to worry about that. He started walking towards school when the world started to get blurry. He stumbled a bit before completely falling over. He laid on the street for a while and closed his eyes, just focusing on his breathing.

“Izuku?! Izuku?!”

He heard someone calling his name and opened his eyes. Auntie Mitsuki was running towards him. Izuku sat himself up but his arms felt weak and it took all his strength to do so.

“Are you alright?!”

“Yes, sorry Auntie, I’m fine! I just tripped!”

She reached out her hand and Izuku took it, helping himself up. He bowed in apology before continuing his way to school. He walked what felt like blocks but was only a meter or so when the world started to spin again. Izuku took a deep breath and kept going, kept pushing himself. But he couldn’t fight it for long. He heard Auntie Mitsuki yelling again as his body fell forward, the world turning black.

He woke up with fluorescent light bulbs staring back at him. He turned his head to see both Bakugos sitting next to him. He was in a hospital room.

“Izuku, you’re awake!” Auntie said, jumping up from her seat.

“How are you feeling?” Uncle asked.

“I’m fine...what happened?”

“The doctor said you were malnourished and dehydrated, that’s why you fainted. They started you on an IV and called your mom, she didn’t answer. They’re going to try again in a bit. Izuku, sweetie, when’s the last time you ate?” Auntie asked.

“They don’t need to call my mom! I’m fine, really, and she just had a hard shift yesterday…”

“Izuku, when’s the last time you ate?” Uncle asked again.

“...I’m not sure...I’ve been busy with school...I must have forgotten to eat dinner last night…”

“Izuku, this isn’t just from missing one meal—” Auntie was cut off by Inko’s entrance.

“I’m so sorry both of you had to come in here, thank you for helping my son,” she said with a bow.

“Of course,” Masaru said.

“You can leave now, I can take care of him. I’m so sorry to have burdened you.”

The Bakugos looked at each other for a second before wishing Izuku well and leaving, their faces still looking worried.

“Look what you’ve done!” Inko scolded, “You made the Bakugos worry. You made me come in on my day off as if I don’t have enough to worry about working twelve hour shifts!”

“I’m sorry—”

“Saying sorry isn’t good enough! Come on, we’re going home.” She said, taking out his IV.

Izuku quickly got out of bed and followed his mom as they made their way home.

Notes:

PARTY FOR IZU'S FIRST TIME HAVING CONSENSUAL SEX 🥳

(we're gonna ignore the fact that he was plastered and it's also still statutory...let him have something...)

Chapter 12

Notes:

This chapter hasn't been betaed, please let me know if it's okay 🥺

I know I have other pics I should update before this one but I was ✨too depressed✨ to work on my lighter fics...sorry...

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“I sent a note to the school informing them you would be late today,” Inko said as they reached their home.

Izuku nodded but continued to follow his mom up the steps to their door, only to have it slammed in his face. He sighed and turned around, heading back down the stairs and towards the school. The sun was still scorching his skin as he walked. He didn’t want to go. But he already caused enough trouble for his mom. If she said he was going to be there, he had to be there. He slowly trudged to the building. By the time he got there, the students were at lunch. He felt the air conditioning cool the beads of sweat that had formed along his hairline. He looked around the mostly empty hall and headed towards the stairwell. He started climbing until he reached the rooftop. He had a hand on the cold metal of the door handle as he debated whether or not to open it. He could just...not. It was so hot, and he missed the earlier part of the day. Toya would have never known he was even on the property. Still, the words from his teacher echoed in his head. Toya’s a good alpha . Izuku took in a breath and opened the door. Toya was sitting with his friends in a circle, a battery-operated fan in the center rotating to keep them all cool.

“Well, look who it is,” Toya smirked.

Izuku walked up to him and unbuckled his collar, letting it drop to the floor.

“Oh?” Toya’s smirk widened as he stood, “Scram,” he said to the rest of the group.

They all snickered as they made their way off the roof.

“Now, this is a new attitude,” Toya said as he traced a finger over Izuku’s exposed neck.

Izuku’s body stiffened under his touch but he forced himself to relax.

“Interesting. Strip”

Izuku didn’t even blink as he unbuttoned his top and let it fall from his body. He undid his pants and let them fall, too before stepping out of them. He kicked his shoes off. He wasn’t wearing socks. He felt the fan as it turned in his direction, letting a gentle breeze caress his naked form.

Toya’s eyes scanned his body. Izuku wondered if he cared about the other alpha’s bite marks.

“Whore.”

He guessed that was a yes.

“I guess you finally learned your place.”

Or not.

Toya pushed him and he fell to the floor. The alpha was quick to pull his pants to his knees and get on top of Izuku. Izuku felt himself stretch as the alpha entered him. It was painful. He liked that. He felt teeth pierce through his shoulder. Toya smirked, licking the blood from his lips. Izuku tilted his head away, exposing his neck to the alpha.

Teeth once again pierced his flash, that time just millimeters from his scent gland, as Toya’s knot locked them together. He felt himself fill with the alpha’s cum.

“That feel good?”

Izuku whined.

“Heh, I thought so.”

They were locked together. Izuku didn’t know how long it would take for Toya’s knot to deflate. He stared into the sun, letting it burn his eyes as his mind wandered. Toya was saying something above him but he couldn’t make out the words, didn’t care to try to.

He felt Toya pull out after an undetermined amount of time and sat up. He felt fluids pour out of his hole. He stood and pulled on his pants and underwear before throwing his top on. He left his collar on the school roof as he followed Toya back to class, a decision solidifying in his mind. 

He went through the day of classes as if he couldn’t feel hot cum still inside him, as if he wasn’t clenching his ass to stop it from soaking through his pants. He knew everyone could smell what happened.

When the day ended he left the school and went in the opposite direction of his house. He didn’t know where he was going, he just knew it wasn’t back. He didn’t want to go back. He was just a burden to his mother, anyway. She would be happy he was gone. He was even a burden on the Bakugos. He hated himself for that. They were never anything but kind to him and he went and made them worry. 

After a few hours, the sun started to set and Izuku was in a part of town he didn’t recognise. There weren’t many people around but he heard laughter in the distance. He made his way towards it. When he got closer he saw faces he recognised. They were from UA—from Kacchan’s year! He had seen them at the sports festival. He recognised the one with red hair, Kirishima, as the one who called Kacchan away before he left. The one beside him was TetsuTetsu, they had nearly identical quirks.

“Aren’t you excited!” TetsuTetsu cheered, “The first day of our internship is tomorrow!”

“Yeah! Fourth Kind is so manly! I bet he’ll train us real hard!” Kirishima replied.

Their internships were starting. Izuku wondered who Kacchan would be working with. He went to leave when Kirishima called out to him.

“Hey, you! Have we met somewhere before?”

Izuku shook his head.

“Where would you have met him?” TetsuTetsu laughed, “We just got here, don’t tell you you had time to go to a whore house between arriving at the hotel and heading to dinner?”

A whore house? Izuku remembered that he still smelled like Toya. It made sense.

“Hey, that’s not very manly,” Kirishima nudged the other alpha, “I’ll meet you back at the hotel, I want to make sure he’s okay.”

“Okay.”

With that TetsuTetsu walked away.

“Are you okay?”

Izuku nodded, backing away from the redhead. He couldn’t explain why but something in him was telling him to.

“You know I can smell his cum leaking out of you. You can come shower at my hotel room if you’d like.”

Izuku looked at the man and considered the offer.

“Come on,” Kirishima grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the hotel.

When they got there, they went in through the back entrance. It made sense, Kirishima probably didn’t want to be seen with Izuku. When they got to the room, Kirishma showed Izuku the shower and left the omega alone. He said he would be walking around the block and told Izuku to find him when he was done. Alone in the room, Izuku took his time and really cleaned himself. The hotel supplied scent canceling soap and he was thankful for that. When he was done Toya’s scent was completely off of him. He took a deep breath as his lungs filled with clean air as he exited the steaming bathroom. He dried off and put his clothes back on. They weren’t anywhere near clean and he hated putting them back on himself but he didn’t have another option.

He left to find Kirishima. It didn’t take too long, the alpha was on his phone as he rested against an alley wall.

“Thank you,” Izuku said.

“No problem, I can still smell him on you, it’s the clothes isn’t it?”

Izuku shrugged.

“Well that’s easy to fix.”

Izuku stepped back as he questioned what the alpha meant. Before he knew it his clothes were being ripped off of him and thrown to the floor.

“That’s better,” the alpha smirked.

Izuku should have known better. His instincts told him not to trust the redhead. But he was supposed to be a hero. Izuku thought he could trust heroes.

He couldn’t handle it and tried to push the alpha away to no avail. He was used to just taking it but his mind was breaking. He just wanted it to stop. He could feel the tears running down his cheeks. He tried to dissociate, tried to let his mind leave the scene but he couldn’t. He felt like everything was playing in slow motion.

Just as he felt something hard pressing against his entrance, Kirishima was pulled off of him.

“What the fuck!” The redhead scrambled.

Izuku watched as Touya stood before him and used a fist covered in blue flames to punch Kirishima in the face. The punch was followed by a flame-armored kick to the gut. Kirishima was pushed back but his quirk saved him from getting injured. Touya grabbed Izuku’s wrist and started to run, pulling the naked omega along.

“Fuck, he’ll catch up soon.”

“H-he can’t c-climb,” Izuku mumbled.

“What?” Touya questioned.

“When his q-quirk is active, his m-mobility isn’t good. His joints are hardened too, he’s not good at c-climbing and b-bending.”

“Heh, smart.” Touya pulled Izuku onto his back, “hold on.”

Izuku gripped onto the alpha as he sprung up and started climbing a chained fence and jumped from there to a gutter, climbing it until he was on a rooftop. He rained fire down behind them to stop Kirishima from deactivating his quirk and ducked into an abandoned unit just under where they were. Kirishima managed to get up on the roof but not in time to see them hide.

“Damn it!” They heard from above them before watching Kirishima jump down to ground level.

“Not bad quirk analysis, kid.”

“T-thanks.”

Touya took off his jacket and pulled it onto the omega.

“I don’t think it’d be a good idea to go back for your clothes. Do you want me to take you home?”

Izuku shook his head.

“You can’t go back alone with just my jacket on.”

“I...I don’t want to go back.”

Touya hummed, “Alright then, I’ll take you to my home.”

Izuku’s head jumped up at that.

“You can stay with me however long you want.”

“R-really?”

“Yeah.”

Izuku’s eyes teared up and he hugged the alpha.

“Alright, now back onto my back, that jacket doesn’t cover much from the front.”

A blush spread over Izuku’s face as he climbed back onto the alpha’s back.

It wasn’t too long of a walk until they reached an apartment building. Izuku counted the flights as Touya climbed up. The apartment was on the eighth floor. Touya unlocked the door and Izuku took in the place. It was a studio apartment. It was very neat but still had a hominess to it. It smelled like a bonfire. A bonfire with maple undertones and a hint of gunpowder. Izuku wondered if that was the alpha’s scent. He naturally went to sniff at Touya’s neck but he had blockers on.

Touya chuckled at the omega’s actions, “I guess you know what I smell like now, might as well take these off.”

He pulled off the translucent patches that covered his scent glands and the fresh smell filled the room. Izuku liked it. It felt warm. Safe.

Touya carried him to the bed and gently sat so Izuku could climb off of him.

“Here,” he said, grabbing some clothes from a dresser that doubled as a bedside table.

Izuku slipped off the jacket and put the shirt on. It was huge on him, almost covering up to his knees. He pulled on the sweatpants but they just slipped right off. He tightened the waistband but they were still long enough for him to trip over so he just left them off. The shirt covered everything, anyway.

 


 

Katsuki looked out at the night sky from his hotel room balcony. His internship would start in the morning. He was exhausted from his day of travel but anxiety tickled just below his skin. He was about to intern with a real hero agency. He was ready, he was. But he was still nervous. What if he messed up? What if Best Jeanist hated him. He took a deep breath and headed back inside. He checked his phone and saw some messages in the group chat.

Kirishima was working with Fourth Kind? That meant he was in Katsuki’s hometown. Katsuki had to admit he was a little jealous. He wanted to be there. But he had to do what was right for his career. He would see Deku soon.

He decided to call his mom before he went to sleep.

“Well, look who’s calling,” Mitsuki laughed, “Is it the apocalypse?”

“Shut up, old hag.”

“You called me, brat.”

“Tch. How’s Deku? Kirishima’s in the city for his internship, working with Fourth Kind.”

“Oh, is he? That’s great, let him know he can come over if he ever needs anything.”

“Tch. He can take care of himself. You didn’t answer my question, how’s Deku?”

There was silence on the other end of the line for long enough that Katsuki almost yelled again, “He’s fine, dear. We’re going to see if we can stop by this weekend when Inko has the day off.”

“Call me when you do, I wanna talk to ‘im.”

“Of course, Katsuki. We’ll be sure to do that.”

Katsuki hung up. Something was going on. His mom never called him dear but he put it aside. He had to sleep. He would deal with whatever was going on over the weekend.

That’s what he told himself, still, Izuku was all he dreamed about. If you could call it dreaming. It was more like nightmare after nightmare.

He woke up even more on edge than usual, having not rested at all. He quickly showered and grabbed some fruit for breakfast before heading out. He knew it wasn’t possible, but that didn’t stop his brain from trying to schedule a trip home during the week. As he walked to the hero agency he was going over every possible mode of transportation. Sure, he could fly there and back in between shifts, but he wouldn’t have much time there and sleep would be out of the question. Not to mention how expensive plane tickets would be. And it certainly wouldn’t look good. And if anything went wrong and he didn’t make it back… He couldn’t do it. No matter how much he wanted to.

He was only able to half pay attention to Best Jeanist’s monologue when he arrived and he was distracted all while getting ready to go out on patrol. Hell, he didn’t even make a comment when Best Jeanist styled his hair. His mind was in another world.

“Heroes and villains are two sides of the same coin... I can see it in that glare of yours. So what is it that really makes someone a hero?” Best Jeanist asked Katsuki, stirring him out of his thoughts.

Katsuki felt his anger boil. He didn’t have time to answer stupid fucking questions like that! “Beating up fucking villains, obviously.” Katsuki huffed.

“No, heroes are there to make themselves known to civilians, to make people feel safe.” Best Jeanist corrected.

“Woah! Look!” Some kids started running towards the pair, “It’s Best Jeanist!”

“Who’s that kid with him?” One of the kids asked.

Make ourselves known to civilians, huh? Katsuki thought. “I’m Katsuki Bakugo and I’m going to be the number one hero!” Katsuki stated proudly, puffing out his chest.

“Number one hero? You’re just a kid,” one of the kids laughed.

All the annoyance and worry from the day sharpened into anger and Katsuki yelled in the kid’s face, “I’m gonna fucking beat up so many fucking villains! Just watch! I’m gonna be the number one hero one day soon! I don’t have time to deal with fucking kids so get outta my way!”

Beast Jeanist sighed as the kids ran away, tears in their eyes. Katsuki pushed forward with the patrol as he disheveled his hair.

 


“Should I have told him?” Mitsuki asked Masaru.

“No, you did the right thing. He has to focus on the internship. Besides, there’s nothing he can do, he’s not here.”

“I’m worried about Izuku.”

“Me too. We’ll go see him over the weekend. You didn’t see him go to school this morning, right? He’s probably resting at home. We shouldn’t bother him while he’s recovering.”

“His mom went into work, though, maybe she could use some help watching him if she can’t get time off.”

“Why don’t you ask her? Send her a text, you can ask when would be a good time to meet this weekend, too.”

“That’s a good idea, I’ll message her when she gets home.”

Masaru walked over and hugged his wife, nuzzling into her hair. Everything would be okay.

 


 

Katsuki banged his fist against the wall. He picked the wrong fucking hero. He thought Best Jeanist would be able to help him learn subtler ways of being a hero but all he cared about was fucking public image. Katsuki didn’t care what others thought about him, he never had, and he wasn’t going to fucking start.

He sent an email to Aizawa asking if it was too late to switch internships. He wanted to go home.

 


 

Tenya walked the streets of Hosu. The city was still in the night. His eyes were like eagles, narrowing in on every shadow and every movement. His shift ended hours ago but he was still fully clad in his uniform. He wasn’t going to call it a night until the sun lit up the sky. He would only rest when Stain was resting. He would do his internship because he had to but as soon as his shift was done he would go back to hunt. No one was going to get away with hurting an Iida.

 


 

Izuku cuddled into Touya’s arms. He felt safe there. They had spent the whole day in the small apartment, Touya just making him feel safe. Izuku talked to him about what had been happening at school. Talked to him about how much of a burden he was on his mother. Touya told him it wasn’t his fault.

“If you’re too much for your mom, that’s her loss.”

Izuku was worried he would be a burden on Touya. He was to everyone else. He wanted to do something to make himself worthy to the alpha.

“Just stay and don’t worry about it. I like having you here. You make the place smell a fuck ton better.”

Izuku had blushed when he said that.

He looked up at Touya’s sleeping face and smiled. He was glad he hadn’t gone home.

Notes:

I hope you liked the chapter! I'm excited for the next one...Hosu should prove ~interesting~