Actions

Work Header

Crossing Paths

Summary:

"Excuse me! What do you think you're doing?!"

'Great! What now!'

"What the hell does it look like I'm doing?" Gajeel snapped back. He was in no mood to deal with strange women on the street. "I'm just standing here. Gotta problem with that?"

 

But what happens when Gajeel keeps running into this blue haired spit fire and can't seem to get her out of his head? He may discover that they're more connected than he thought.

Notes:

Greetings! It's my first time writing in a Loooooong time and this is my first fanfic so I'll probably be making some mistakes. Still working on chapter langth. This is kind of like an expariment for me to so please be gentle and enjoy!

Chapter 1: Ch 1

Chapter Text

'How can today get any fucking worse...' Gajeel thought as he lit a cigarette. 'First that prick with the Audi tried to blame me for his dirty ass interior. Then Nel got on me for my shitty "customer relationships". What a fucking joke. '

He leaned up against a fence and took a deep drag. All this on top of a nasty hangover. 'I'm never going drinking with Bacchus again' He took an early lunch break to get out of the shop and clear his head, he'll only get bitched at more if he punches another hole in the break room wall. He blew out his smoke in a steady stream and watched it dissipate into the air.

"Excuse me! What do you think you're doing?!"

'Great! What now!' He turned to his accuser and was a little shocked. A few feet away stood a small woman with short, wavy blue hair and blazing hazel eyes. She was sporting one hell of a scowl too. She might have looked intimidating, with her hands on her hips, if she wasn't so tiny.

"What the hell does it look like I'm doing?" Gajeel snapped back. He was in no mood to deal with strange women on the street. "I'm just standing here. Gotta problem with that?"

"No, I don't have a problem with you standing there," she huffed. She quickly closed in, getting right next to him. "I have a problem with THAT." She jabbed a finger at his cigarette.

"Oh ya gotta be shitting me" He pointed right back away her. "Listen, Shorty, I don't need a lesson from some pipsqueak on the dangers of smoking. I fucking know what they are!" He was practically growing at this point.

He glared down at her and she glared right back. If he wasn't so pissed off to begin with he would have laughed at her. The top of her head didn't even reach his chin and she looked like she weighed no more than 110 lbs soaking wet.

"I'm not here to lecture you! I don't want you smoking in front of the daycare. The kids are going to breathe the smoke in, jerk!"

"The wha...?" Gajeel blinked. Then she waved her hand for him to look behind and, sure enough, a bunch of rugrats were running around a small playground just beyond the fence. Laughing and playing without a care in the world. "Oh." Is there anything worse than realizing you're the asshole in the situation. He looked back at the little woman crossing her arms in front of her. Now, Gajeel knew he was a scary looking guy; with his long thick mane of black hair and face littered with piercings but she didn't look frightened at all. While her fierceness was fascinating, he had a pounding headache that was blocking his better judgment. This means making a bad situation worse. "Ya know, instead of yelling at strangers on the street like a crazy person, ya could of just asked me to put it out, Shrimp." Oh, she did not like that.

Gajeel chuckled internally as he watched her pretty face turn beet red. "Wha! Crazy? Shrimp? Who do you think you are?"

"None of your business, Short Stack" Gajeel put out his half smoked cig and smirked "But you should really learn some manners." Gajeel seemed to have hit all the right buttons because she looked like she was blowing a fuse.

"Me learn manners? Maybe if you paid more attention to where your nasty smoke was blowing-"

"Levy? What's going on?" A pale, orange haired guy had snuck up on the pair. He was wearing one of those awful brown delivery uniforms. As he moved toward the Shrimp (as she has been thus dubbed) he shot Gajeel a dirty look, one that Gajeel has seen a million times. "Is there a problem here?"

Levy turned to him and put her hands up, signaling him to stop. "Everything is fine, Jet. Go back to the store, I'll be right there."

"A-are you sure? I-"

She sighed deeply. "Its okay, I can handle myself." All the bite had left her voice and she gave Jet a small warm smile. Gajeel could see the way that smile made that dork melt.

'If she smiled at me like that, would I melt too? Heh, not likely' He shook the thought from his mind.

"O-okay Lev." Jet gave one more sharp look to Gajeel before turning back to the book shop next door.

Levy wiped the smile from her face before looking back up at Gajeel. She was no longer red and angry, but calm and level. "Just watch where you're standing next time, okay?"

"Tsk, whatever." He spat back. And with that, they went their separate ways. Levy back to her book store and Gajeel back to work as a mechanic. Before getting to far away, Gajeel glanced back over his shoulder to get one last look at her. It was mid autumn and there was a chill in the air but the sun was still shining warm. She was wearing tight gray leggings that lead up to a pleated green shirt that hugged her hips in all the right ways. Her top was an oversized light gray sweatshirt that slightly hung off her left shoulder. He took in her shimmering cerulean locks that bounced as her walked away.

Suddenly, she stopped. Her head turned and Gajeel was caught off guard by her burning gaze. For a second, his heart stopped and time stood still. Then that second passed and he whipped back forward, moving a little quicker than necessary. Almost like he was running away. 'Jeez, that was fucking weird...'