Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Recommencer and More
Collections:
Random_Miraculous_Ladybug_Fics, TastyRadiationCollection, hereBeGems, Miraculous Ladybug (JayPhoenic), The Forest
Stats:
Published:
2019-11-12
Updated:
2023-09-25
Words:
96,348
Chapters:
63/?
Comments:
1,552
Kudos:
4,802
Bookmarks:
882
Hits:
163,892

Recommencer

Chapter 3: Episode 1; The Restarter, Part 3

Summary:

Marinette gets a Lila Approved digital send-off to Rosenhart Academy.

Chapter Text

It was lunch, and Marinette found herself in the courtyard, looking for Luka. She had her lunch packed for her by her Papa, and though today had gone very well, she just needed her friend right now.

“Mari!” She looked to see Ashli waving. “Ya wanna sit with us, girly?!” The cheerful girl called.

“Not today, Ashli! I promise I will sometime this week!” Marinette called. Finally, she saw Luka waving, and she quickly went to sit with him. giving a wave to Ashli before she went.

“See you later then!” Ashli called back, sitting back down. She opened her phone, scrolling lazily through Instagram. Her eyes widened when she saw a certain post.

Lila made sure to put the most heartfelt innocence into this post. She smiled widely, listening to her class talk as if Marinette was never there. Sure, maybe Alya was confused and angry, maybe Nino, Adrien, Kim and a couple other slackers were sad and confused, but everyone else went on like nothing happened. Like she never happened.

’Omg! My classmate is transferring to #Rosenhart_Academy ! I’m really sad to see her go... I’m sure she didn’t mean to steal my stuff and say those mean things about me... maybe she’ll be better off without me :(‘

And post. Lila might have won, but it never hurt to send someone off, right? Just to make sure Marinette knew how powerless she really was.

“So you’ve enjoyed yourself?” Luka smiled, taking a bite of the pastry Marinette brought for him.

Marinette smiled happily, swallowing her bite of food. “Yeah, actually! Everyone is super nice! Félix and Hemi, the boys who sit next to me, are really great. Félix helped me get caught up with where everyone else is. We’re gonna try and do some studying together tomorrow, to make sure I’ve got everything.”

Luka laughed softly. “I’m glad, Mari. You deserve good friends. I’d help you study if I had any clue where you all were. Not to mention we're in different grades.”

Marinette nodded. “I get it. Don’t worry—“

“Girl!” Marinette turned to see a phone, and Ashli holding it. “This isn’t you, is it?!”

Marinette read the post displayed, and her heart stopped. Lila. Lila posted about her. She tagged the school. She brought it all back over. She was going to turn everyone against her again everyone was going to hate her and think she was awful and petty and jealous and a stalker and—

She didn’t acknowledge the pushing in her pocket of Tikki. She could only do what she did best. Run away. She sobbed and ran off into the halls of the school.

“Marinette!” Twin calls of worry followed her, but she ignored it. She had to get out before they all hated her, before they looked at her so angrily. She just couldn’t handle it, couldn’t handle the looks of anger, of hate, of loathing.

Luka was running after her as fast as he could go. Ashli was left behind, feeling nothing but dread. She looked on ahead, pushing down bile and panic. Ale came up to her. “I fucked up, Ale.” She blurted, trying not to panic herself.

“Language!” Irma yelled, walking over. Ale sighed through their nose. “What do you mean by that? Did you jump to conclusions again?”

“Yes. But I didn’t mean to freak her out! Just— like, look!” She gave them the phone. Irma peeked at the phone as well.

“Who’s Lila Rossi?” Irma asked, wrinkling her nose.

“Apparently a very proud student of François Dupont, if we go by her profile.” Ale noted.

“Yeah, and that’s the school Marinette just transferred from!” Ashli growled, distressed. 

“Wait.” Now Bartek was looking over. He adjusted his black cat-eye glasses, looking confused. “Isn’t François Dupont the akuma school? With like, that one girl who’s caused like half the akumas?” 

“The one whose name has been censored by her parents. According to this Lila’s profile, by the way, ew, orange on orange is something no one should do—“ 

“Get to the point, Irma.” Ale admonished. 

“Okay, okay. But her profile says her parents are ambassadors. That’s the kind of parents who would censor their daughter’s name if they did something like that.” Irma sleuthed. Bartek nodded. 

“Checks out. We need to make sure the whole class knows this. Something like this could seriously fuck up Marinette’s reputation.” Bartek added. “Hold on, I’ll at everyone in the group chat.” He said, opening up Discord on his phone. 

“I’m going to find Marinette!” Irma says quickly, dashing off. 

“But why would they say something like this?” Ashli questions. “Unless...” 

A scream pierced through the courtyard. 

“AKUMA!” 

A purple butterfly floated into the window of the school, as everyone backed far away from the direction it went. 

Ashli pockets her phone and runs. “Follow that butterfly!” She yells, sprinting after the purple nightmare. 

“Ashli, wait, don’t! Aaaand she’s gone.” Ale pinches the bridge of their nose. “I need to find Félix.” They decide, before they set off to the library.