Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Recommencer and More
Collections:
Random_Miraculous_Ladybug_Fics, TastyRadiationCollection, hereBeGems, Miraculous Ladybug (JayPhoenic), The Forest
Stats:
Published:
2019-11-12
Updated:
2023-09-25
Words:
96,348
Chapters:
63/?
Comments:
1,552
Kudos:
4,802
Bookmarks:
882
Hits:
163,895

Recommencer

Chapter 5: Episode 1; The Restarter, Part 5

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Marinette turned to see Félix standing over the crushed remains of the spotlight, and to see him stomp on it, releasing the butterfly. She felt her heart flutter at the cold look Félix regarded Chat with.

“You should know better than to take your job so lightly, Noir,” Félix huffed.

“Tell him, Féli!” Ashli yelled from behind the bush.

“Yeah, he was putting us all in danger!” Said an older student with a half shaved head, half shielding a girl who Marinette recognized as a drama student, “He barely even did anything!”

Suddenly, Chat Noir was the target of many complaints by the endangered remaining students in the courtyard, who saw everything. Blanching, his ears lowering to his head in shame, he quickly jumped and ran off.

“Ladybug, the akuma.” Félix reminded gently.

Marinette snapped out of her awe. “Right!”

“No more evildoing for you, little akuma! Time to de-evilise!”

And the akuma, trying to flee, was caught. “Bye bye, little butterfly!”

Gathering up the hose with Ashli and Félix’s help, they helped her toss it in the air. “Miraculous Ladybug!”

And suddenly, everything was okay. Ladybug smiled at the two. “Thank you, both of you. You’d make great heroes.” 

Ashli rubbed the back of her neck. “Aww, shucks. Really, it was all for Marinette. She didn't deserve a day like this, and I wanted to make it better for her. I’d do it again in a heartbeat!”

“I feel the same. This act was in Marinette’s name.” Félix said, with a barely-there smile.

Saving her from getting too flustered, her earrings beeped.

“I gotta go! I’ll let Marinette know it’s safe to come out, don’t worry. Bug out!” And Ladybug soared off.

Landing on the railing of one of the outdoor halls, she detransformed, sighing in relief. She climbed down onto the walkway.

“Marinette!” Irma had just turned the corner. “I’ve been looking for you everywhere! Are you alright? Ah, come here.” Irma started to fix up her ruffled clothes. “Everyone was so worried! That fake post, we all thought you might have been akumatized, or worse!”

“Fake post?” Marinette questioned.

“Yes. After you ran off, we all took a better look at that post. That Lila girl was trying to cause another akuma! You think half of them was enough! Hmph. Come along, Ashli’s probably scared to death that she ruined your friendship.”

Marinette let herself be dragged by the authoritative class representative. “No... in fact, I think we’re going to be even better friends about this.” Marinette smiled. She decided not to correct them. After all, it might be hard to explain her friendship with Chloé if she told them the truth now.

“Ugh, I’m glad that’s over.” Irma huffs, handing out ice cream bowls to everyone. Turns out that her moms owned an ice cream and candy parlor, and were happy to give discounts to the exhausted group. School had ended early, thanks to the attack, and thank goodness for that. Marinette was exhausted. She pressed up more against Luka as they reclined in the booth.

“I’m sorry about what happened, again.” Luka sheepishly said, taking a bite of berry ice cream.

“No fault of yours! All of the fault goes to that awful mothball man!” Irma dismissed, popping a candied cherry in her mouth and chewing, annoyed.

“Pfft. Mothball.” Ashli took a sip of her mint chocolate milkshake, giggling.

“He’s old and musty like one, if the sightings are to be believed.” Félix points out. Hemi laughs breathily, nodding eagerly.

 They talk amongst themselves happily, and Marinette glances down at her phone, texting back her friends currently not present. 

—Marinette Protection Squad— 

Buzz off: Everything ok now? No bee needed? I can get the bee signal going. 

While you were being heterosexual, I studied the blade: Have more faith in Marinette. I trust her to handle herself. 

Buzz off: ok yeah but like, previous akuma to previous akuma, you weren’t scared at all that Dupain-Cheng might be too kind for her own good and try to take a bullet for someone else? 

While you were being heterosexual, I studied the blade: ... 

If lost return to the squad: Guys, I’m fine! Luka and me are chilling out with friends right now. Ladybug handled it. 

While you were being heterosexual I studied the blade: I see. The video was uploaded, too. 

Buzz off: Chat Noir really made a scene in the middle of battle? How utterly ridiculous!!!! 

If lost return to the squad: Yeah... it was bad. 

Your heart’s song is shit: i don’t even remember it but I can still feel the seething rage coming from Restarter when Chat Noir started saying that sort of stuff... what an angry song I had.”

Marinette smiled at Luka, also on his phone. “Thanks for defending me, Luka.” She whispered, hugging him. 

Luka smiled, putting down his ice cream to hug her. “Any time, really. Maybe without being possessed again, though.”

Marinette laughed, and things seemed brighter, letting herself be held by her number one supporter.

Notes:

OLD EDIT: As I’m moving onto new projects, this story will be on temporary hiatus. I have two more chapters to post, possibly three if I get episode 2 part 1 finished in time. Don’t fear though! I’ll be back eventually. I just need a break so I can work on other things I’d like to publish. If you want to see more from me, be sure to subscribe! I write for a good amount of fandoms, and would love to see you guys on any other of my works, including new projects!

TLDR: Don’t be alarmed, I’m just rotating projects.