Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Recommencer and More
Collections:
Random_Miraculous_Ladybug_Fics, TastyRadiationCollection, hereBeGems, Miraculous Ladybug (JayPhoenic), The Forest
Stats:
Published:
2019-11-12
Updated:
2023-09-25
Words:
96,348
Chapters:
63/?
Comments:
1,552
Kudos:
4,802
Bookmarks:
882
Hits:
163,895

Recommencer

Chapter 6: Intermission 1; Part 1

Summary:

Marinette gets a proper tour of the school.

Chapter Text

The day after the akuma attack, Marinette walks to school with Luka and Ashli. Ashli was telling them about her helping Ladybug, looking very proud of herself.

“Like, she was so awesome! She looked around at everything and went ‘we’re doing your idea!’ Like! I about fangirled right then and there!”

“Ladybug really is amazing. Her heart’s song is so heroic. And familiar...”

“Yeah! She’s really great!” Marinette cut in, trying to cut off Luka’s thought process. “I kinda feel bad I couldn’t help...”

“Awww, Mari! You can’t help that you’re not a super cool superhero! Besides, I like you just the way you are! As a super cool fashion designer! Besides, I wanna be your best friend, not Ladybug’s!” Ashli giggled, hugging her tight. Marinette blinked.

“You... want to be my best friend? Even after yesterday?” She asked, awed.

“Totally! If anything, I should be the one saying that, and that's my point! You’re, like, so nice! I really wanna get to know you better, especially after I screwed up yesterday.”

“That sounds really great.” Marinette smiled shyly. “Let’s be friends, Ashli.”

Luka chuckled. “I’m glad you two are getting along.” He smiled at the two of them. They got to the school gates, where they were approached by a tall, pale woman with short chestnut brown hair in a half-bun of sorts. It had streaks of grey in it, betraying her age, as did her wrinkles. She wore dark grey suit, with a single white rose in her lapel.

“Principal Achthoven. Good morning.” Luka smiled, looking a bit intimidated. 

The woman, apparently the principal, nodded. Her eyes were on Marinette. “Miss Dupain-Cheng. I apologize for not being able to give you a tour yesterday, as something came up. I’d like to do so now. Not to worry, as I will write you a pass to class when we are done.” 

Marinette swallowed hard. “Um, that sounds fine! Thank you, Principal Achthoven.”

The principal smiled. “Right then. Come along. Mister Couffaine, Miss Campbell, please continue on to class.” The two nodded, and went away to class.

Achthoven started to walk, and Marinette followed dutifully. The principal showed her where everything was, and promised to send her a digital map to help her in her first few weeks. There were many facilities for different talents, and Marinette was delighted to see a few different sewing rooms that she could go to during their morning and afternoon free periods. She was also happy to wave to Bartek when she passed the recording studio, who seemed to be packing up from recording a song, ready to get to class.

There was one last stop, in the plaza. The giant mural that stretched across the north wall of the courtyard. 

Principal Achthoven stood in front of the mural, showing a woman with long, curly black hair offering her hand to a crowd of differently colored hands. On a painted scroll, stretching across the top of the mural, it read ‘Talent ist talent.’ “This is our mural, painted many years ago by several very talented students. It shows our founder, in which the school was named after: Miss Camilla Rosenhart.” Achthoven explained. 

Marinette can’t help but be incredibly impressed. “She sounds wonderful, Principal Achthoven.” 

“What do you know about our founder, Miss Dupain-Cheng?” The Principal asked, tilting her head. 

“Nothing. Can you tell me about her?” Marinette can’t help but be curious. She feels... connected to Miss Rosenhart, somehow. 

“She was a vigilante during World War Two, known as Marienkäfer. She established this school soon after the War ended to help the gifted children of France hone their skills, and also helped the rebuilding efforts of France. Many people questioned her, as she recruited people of all ethnicities, homes, and identities, which was a bit of a taboo at the time. Her unshaken response is our motto. ‘Talent ist talent.’” The woman explains. She adjusts the white rose in her lapel. “Sounds familiar, no?” 

Marinette gazes at the mural, thinking hard. “Do you think... Miss Rosenhart is Ladybug?” 

“Was, my dear. I believe she was. And I also believe she would be very proud of you.” 

Marinette startled, panic rising up. “Wh-what do you mean? I’m just a normal student! A normal girl with a normal life!” 

Achthoven laughed, a gentle and soothing sound. “Don’t panic, dear. I happen to be very good at keeping secrets. In fact, if what I think is true, I want to offer you an out. As a previous accessory designer, I can talk to you personally and privately about designs whenever it’s needed. Our private little lessons will be your excuse to carry on the founder’s legacy.” 

The student was blown away by her generosity. “Thank you, Principal Achthoven... But I would like to request one thing.” 

“Yes?” 

“Can I have actual private lessons with you?” She asked hopefully. The principal laughed and pat her shoulder gently. 

“Of course you may. How polite of you to ask. Now, it’s time for you to return to class. I’m sure Miss Campbell is worried that an akuma has come for you again.” The woman chuckled politely. 

“Yes ma’am! Thank you again for accepting me.” Marinette beamed, before she turned and set off to class. 

Achthoven watched her go, before looking back to the mural.

“It truly is my pleasure. And my duty.” She said, half to herself.