Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Recommencer and More
Collections:
Random_Miraculous_Ladybug_Fics, TastyRadiationCollection, hereBeGems, Miraculous Ladybug (JayPhoenic), The Forest
Stats:
Published:
2019-11-12
Updated:
2023-09-25
Words:
96,348
Chapters:
63/?
Comments:
1,552
Kudos:
4,802
Bookmarks:
882
Hits:
163,897

Recommencer

Chapter 7: Intermission 1; Part 2

Summary:

Marinette spends time with new friends, and visits old ones.

Chapter Text

“Ah, welcome back, Miss Dupain-Cheng.” Desrosiers greeted her. Ashli waved enthusiastically to her as she came in, uncaring of the teacher's stern look as she continued. “We’re doing a worksheet. Félix has agreed to help you with it, since you weren't here for the lesson.”

“Thank you, Miss Desrosiers.” Marinette smiles, before she climbs up to her seat in the back. Sliding into the middle seat, she smiles at Félix.

“Hi, Félix.” She greeted, giving a small greeting to a distracted Hemi as well.

“Good morning, Marinette. I hope your meeting with the principal went well. Do you think during afternoon free period you could join me in the library? We discussed it earlier, but I believe it would be best to go over the curriculum for this class and make sure you understand it sooner than later.” Félix’s tone is clipped and businesslike. Then he ends it with an awkward, “Please.” which betrays his care for her feelings.

“I’d be happy to, Félix. Thanks for taking care of me. I was kinda worried I’d be all alone here, but you and everyone else are really nice.” She admitted.

“Illogical. This class has been friends for many years. We’re very close knit, and depend on each other for many things. You are very talented and kind, and these are traits we all like in a person. We’d be blind, no, we would be brain-dead to not welcome you into our group.” Félix reassured in his strange, very serious way. It was... very endearing, really.

“That’s Félix-ese for ‘you’re cute.’” The cap-wearing girl in front of them, Angelina “Lina” Katsaros, fake-whispered, grinning at the two, craning around to look at them.

“Do your work, Angelina.” Félix scolded darkly, his cheeks barely pink. The Grecian girl snickered and turned around back around, whispering to Bartek, next to her.

“It’s really nice to see everyone so friendly.” Marinette mumbles half to herself, half to Tikki in her pocket.

“It is.” Marinette jumped a little when Félix answered her. He slid their worksheets together. “The sooner we get this done, the sooner we have free time.” The boy explains. Marinette nods eagerly, leaning closer to hear him as he began to explain.

The rest of the day went pretty well. Luka was invited into Ashli’s lunch group, and Bartek was very excited to meet another musician. Especially one that could understand his strange ways of describing sound.

“I’m thinking something kinda like—“ Bartek made the sound like a rocket. “And then—“ A crashing sound.

Luka nodded and played a tune oh his guitar, starting from high and crashing to low. “Like so?”

“Exactly!”

Ashli, Marinette, Irma, and Jay, another boy from their class, watched in amusement.

“I’ll never understand musicians.” Irma sniffed, though a smile played on her face.

“Yeah, but it’s kinda cute.” Jay grinned, blowing his pink hair out of his face as he watched Bartek dreamily. 

“You, like, think everything with Bartek is cute, Jay-Jay.” Ashli teased.

“As if Marinette doesn’t agree. You and Luka are dating, aren’t you? You’ve gotta think this is cute.” He eyed her, and Marinette felt her face heat up.

“We aren’t dating! I mean, Luka is great! It’s just...!” She hides her face. 

“Don’t worry. These sorts of things take time.” Irma soothed. “Feelings are the messiest substance in the universe. I’m a painter, so I can vouch for that.”

“Class prez is totes in the right, Mari! You let it come as it comes. Just remember that poly is also an option!” Ashli said, patting her back.

Marinette groaned into her hands. 

— 

At the worst possible time, an akuma attacked. She had been studying with Félix during free time, when the assistant principal called her to Principal Achthoven’s office. She panicked, thinking she was in trouble, relaxed because it was likely just the special lessons, and then panicked again because that likely meant there was an akuma lose. And she was right. And it was back at François Dupont. 

Achthoven allowed her to transform in her office, with the good principal turned around. Once she was suited up, she was out the window. 

She wasn’t sure of who the girl currently wrecking the François Dupont courtyard was, but, judging by how Lila was shielded by Marinette’s old class, she could guess whose fault it was. Adrien was strangely gone, though. Ladybug only gave it a moment of thought, though. He could handle himself. 

She was forced to fight with Chat ignoring her, though. Eventually, he was hit by the akuma’s projectiles, sticky dodgeballs, and restrained. And thank goodness for that. Marinette destroyed the object quickly enough, and sent the purified butterfly on its way. She checked on the confused, still sniffling girl.

 “I’m sorry for the trouble, Ladybug... Lila, she...” 

“I understand. Bullies can be hard to deal with. Do you have friends you can talk to about this?” Marinette asked. The girl nodded softly.

 “I’m glad. Friends are your greatest asset.” The hero gave her a smile, and helped her up. The girl smiled back, and ran off. 

Talking to the victims... it was always nice to comfort them. That was usually the thing that helped everyone most. 

“Ladybug!” The named heroine winced. She didn’t have to use her lucky charm on the distraught akuma, so she had no excuse to avoid Alya now. She put on a strained smile, and turned. 

“Hi Alya! What do you need?” 

“You told that girl off, right? She threw a dodgeball at Lila! I’m sure as her best friend you know how dangerous that is, with all her disabilities!” Alya asked. Lila was running up to her.  

“Don’t bother her, Alya! I’m sure she’s really busy!” Lila tried to explain. Ladybug couldn’t stop the venomous words in her throat. 

“We aren’t friends, Lila.” She said, plain and simple. 

She swung away, not wanting to be around to hear the liar’s excuses. 

Most everyone was convinced, of course, but in the edge of the crowd, Kim and Nino exchanged a glance. 

Lila’s pillar of lies cracked, by just a hair.