Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Recommencer and More
Collections:
Random_Miraculous_Ladybug_Fics, TastyRadiationCollection, hereBeGems, Miraculous Ladybug (JayPhoenic), The Forest
Stats:
Published:
2019-11-12
Updated:
2023-09-25
Words:
96,348
Chapters:
63/?
Comments:
1,552
Kudos:
4,802
Bookmarks:
882
Hits:
163,896

Recommencer

Chapter 9: Episode 2; Passionista, Part 2

Chapter Text

School went well, but Marinette was more excited for what came afterwords.

“Mari, you ready to go shopping?” Chloé’s haughty voice called as Marinette exited the school’s gate. Marinette smiled, rushing to her friend. 

It was... surreal to call Chloé a friend again. After the first year of public school, Chloé became... horrible. Marinette could recognize why now, but as a little kid, she was only confused and saddened as her best friend suddenly began calling her a commoner. Suddenly being awful to her. She felt a little foolish for not connecting the dots to Chloé’s mother leaving for the first time. Did it justify Chloé treating her the way she did? Of course not. But both she and Chloé already knew that.  Chloé's actions were awful, but she'd apologized profusely after Marinette helped her and Audrey connect, and she was making the effort to be better now. And honestly? Better late than never.

So now... things were better-- or at least they were on their way there. Chloé was more like the girl that lifted her up in her first year of public school than the girl who brought her down. Chloé could be a bit awkward, of course. It was obvious that she wasn’t quite sure how affection worked. After all, her mother was almost never around, and her father was always too busy for her.

It was mostly up to Marinette to show her, after everything with Sabrina. For now, the raven-haired girl let the blonde use her own love language to show affection. That was, gifts and outings. Marinette appreciated it, though she liked words better than just gifts. Still, she wouldn’t say no to fancy fabric, tea, and food.

“Hi Chloé! I’m definitely ready. Going to the mall this time, right?” Marinette said, climbing into the limo with Chloé.

Chloé gave a haughty smirk. “Of course. Besides, someone,” She aimed a playful glare at Marinette, “won’t let us go out of country until break.”

Marinette laughed. “I’m just saying that if we’re going to go somewhere out of country, we should make the most of it, and do a trip bigger than an afternoon shopping trip!”

“Fine. Have it your way.” She crosses her arms. “I just...” She looks away, frowning. Marinette gives her space as she flounders. “You’re the most tolerable person I know, and I’m trying to make sure you know how much you mean to me.” She spit out in one breath. Marinette giggles, and lays a hand on hers. 

“I care about you too, Chloé. You were my best friend a long time ago, and you’re my best friend again, now. Besides, you’ve been getting so much better! You're being more polite to people, even if you're a little awkward, and you're making the effort to start going to therapy, which I know can be a hard step to make. You’re doing amazing, and I’m proud of you. You might not have always been a hero, and maybe you were bad before, but you're putting the effort in now, and that's what makes me proud. I’m sure Ladybug would be proud of you, too!”

Chloé’s eyes light up at the name. “You think so?!” She says excitedly. Then her cheeks go pink. “I mean, of course she is. Someone as amazing as her can always recognize other amazing people. That’s why she trusted both of us with Miraculous! Speaking of, I’m going to vouch for you next time I see her! You deserve a miraculous more than anyone!” 

Marinette laughed nervously. Oh boy. “Really, I’m too busy for that kind of responsibility! I wasn’t a very good match for the Mouse Miraculous anyway!”

“Ridiculous. If anything, that Kwami wasn’t a good match for you. And besides, Multimouse was almost as perfect as Ladybug! And her design wasn’t absolutely horrendous. You were a sight for sore eyes after seeing Chat Noir’s horrendously bulky leather for so long. How does that boy move without squeaking?!”

Marinette laughed, a real laugh, at the image that came to mind, of Chat trying to flirt with her while the leather squeaked the whole time.

“I’m not a big fan of Chat Noir in the first place... I personally thought you were great as Queen Bee. During the times you were called you followed Ladybug's instructions to a T and kept the civilians safe. You were my favorite.” Marinette threaded her fingers with Chloé’s, smiling. And it was true. After everything that’s happened, she can’t help but think highly of Chloé and her betterment of herself. Chloé was looking at her in awe and shock, a red blush covering her face up to her ears. Marinette quickly pulled away, embarrassed.

“I mean! Ryuko and Viperion are super awesome too! I really like their designs, I mean, they’re really neat looking and they seem to take battles seriously...” She rambled, and trailed off as Chloé took her hand again.  

The two enemies-turned-confidants shared a shy smile. 

 “Miss Bourgeois, Miss Dupain-Cheng? We’ve arrived.” The driver said. The two girls climbed out of the limo.

“We’ll call you when we’re ready, but we should be done by seven, if nothing interrupts us.” Chloé told the driver. “...Thank you for bringing us. Have a nice day.” She added, a bit awkwardly. The driver smiled and thanked her, before driving off.

The two girls continued holding hands at they walked inside. “That was really nice of you, Chloé.” Marinette said sweetly, squeezing the blonde’s hand. 

Chloé gave a proud smile. “I know. Let’s go.” With that, they set off to their first destination