Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Recommencer and More
Collections:
Random_Miraculous_Ladybug_Fics, TastyRadiationCollection, hereBeGems, Miraculous Ladybug (JayPhoenic), The Forest
Stats:
Published:
2019-11-12
Updated:
2023-09-25
Words:
96,348
Chapters:
63/?
Comments:
1,552
Kudos:
4,802
Bookmarks:
882
Hits:
163,896

Recommencer

Chapter 10: Episode 2; Passionista, Part 3

Summary:

Marinette has to sacrifice a few things.

Chapter Text

It was an hour later that something truly did happen. They’d been walking out of a fabric store, bags on their arms, when a store burst open. A blur shot past the two girls, dragging them back into the store despite their protests, and into the dark storage room. 

“Hey, what are you?!—“ Chloé started to protest.

“Shh! Look, I’m trying to save Marinette’s ass here, and you’re her friend, so I have to save you too. Tee-el-dee-arr, there’s an akuma, it can mind control people, and it may or may not be my fault.” A familiar voice said.

“Oh, understandable.” Chloé added. Marinette shook her head in exasperation, but then blinked at the familiar girl who dragged them in.

“Bella?” The barely visible figure’s shoulders ducked. 

“Surprise? Look, right now I’m super frustrated and I didn’t realize some people were so... delusional!” The girl huffed. “She asked for my honest opinion! She should have known if she read my blog that I don’t hold back on anything! If she wanted to be coddled for her horrendous outfit choices, she should go search out that Agreste kid. He seems the kind to sugar coat things. I, however, am not. I drink my coffee black!”

“I like this girl, is she in your class?” Chloé asks.

“Yeah, I am. I’m Bella Allegri, wish we could have met in a better situation.” Said the Italian shortly, seeming extremely frustrated by the turn of events.

“Girls, let’s save the small talk for later.” Marinette urged. “I’m going to go see if there’s any way we can get out. You two stay here!”

“What?! No way! You could be hurt! I’m going with you. Bella, you stay here, because if the akuma catches tail of you it will hurt you. Trust me, I’ve caused my fair share of them.” Marinette felt Chloé link arms with her, and suppressed a sigh. The one disadvantage of having Chloé truly care about you is having Chloé be overprotective. This was way too much like first year. Still, she relented.

“Okay. You going to be okay, Bella?” Marinette asked.

“Yeah, just leave me in the dark musty closet.” She snapped, then paused. “Sorry, that was out of line. I’ll stay here, I know it’s for the best. Plus, it’s not like I don’t have plenty of experience being in the closet...” She joked weakly.

Marinette giggled a bit. “Right. Come on, Chloé.” They emerged from the closet, and blinked in the bright light. Marinette shut it behind her. Most of the people roaming the mall were wearing neon, clashing colors. Controlled by the akuma, though they didn’t seem to have a very good line of sight. Marinette pulled Chloé through the mall, trying to think of how to separate them while keeping her friend safe. They reached the entrance, and suddenly, a horde of controlled people were closing the entrance up, trapping everyone inside. The two ran faster, and Marinette knew this was her opportunity. Right before the gates closed, Marinette grabbed Chloe’s wrist with both hands and pushed her through the gate.

“Marinette!” She yelled, reaching for her, right before the gate closed, and cut off their view of each other. Marinette shook the guilt from her chest, and ran into an abandoned bathroom, away from the poor-sighted cronies.

“Tikki, spots on!”

But what to do? She didn’t know anything about the akuma, or how to beat it without getting hot herself. Then she got an idea. She snuck back to the shop where Bella hid. Opening the door, she found her on her phone, looking nervous. She lit up as she saw her.

“Ladybug! Thank god you’re here! Wait. Where’s Marinette and her blonde girlfriend? Did they get out okay?” She asked, browns furrowing.

“Chloé is safe. I’m not sure where Marinette is. But I need you to tell me how the akuma controls people, and anything else you know about it.”

“Right. From what I can tell, it’s in those atrocious shutter shades of hers. She shoots beams from them that turn people into... those fashion monstrosities.” Bella told her.

“Hm... I think I’ll need a distraction.” Then she got an idea. “Stay here. Everything will be over soon.” Ladybug told the Italian.

“Thank you. Please make sure Marinette is okay. I don’t want her to get hurt because I opened my damn mouth a bit too wide.” Bella requested. Ladybug smiled.  

“I’m sure she’ll be fine. Worry about staying safe, yourself.” 

Ladybug shut the door. Then, she yoyo’d herself out of the mall, through the skylight. It was time to pay Fu a visit. 

She detransformed nearby, and ran in. “Master Fu, I need the Fox.” She told the old man, her voice serious, with only a bit of the underlying panic she felt. The old man, understanding the situation, took out the box. 

“Will you be using Rena Rogue?” He asked. 

Marinette paused. “I... can’t trust Rena Rouge anymore. I plan to give the Fox to Chloé, on the condition that she does not give away her identity, and makes an effort to not be associated with her past persona. She’s really grown, Master Fu. She deserves a second chance at being a hero.”

Fu watched her for doubt, and sighed. “I think you’re right. However, before you go. I must inform you of a decision I have made. Chat Noir, as you know... He is not taking his duties seriously, and I will soon take it from him. I’m still considering who will replace him, but... this must stop.”

Marinette let out a huge breath of relief. “Oh thank goodness. He was really hindering me in fights but I didn’t want to go against your judgement!”

“Marinette. You are a true match for the Ladybug. I am... a weak match for the turtle. Your judgement will always be better than mine.”

The bluenette was shellshocked, before bowing. “Thank you, Master Fu.” But she still had one request.

“Until he takes things more seriously... Give him another Miraculous. I... don’t care which. Whichever is good for him. I think he really needs it, Master. Just because he’s not able to wield destruction right now doesn’t mean he should get completely kicked off the team. He’s my partner, even if... we aren’t able to communicate as well as I’d like.”

“If this is your judgement, I will use it, Ladybug. You are right that a Miraculous is beneficial to him, but such an important one might not be beneficial to anyone else, considering his current struggles.”

Marinette have a sigh of relief, feeling like a load was taken off her shoulders. She took the Fox, and made her way out of the shop.