Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Recommencer and More
Collections:
Random_Miraculous_Ladybug_Fics, TastyRadiationCollection, hereBeGems, Miraculous Ladybug (JayPhoenic), The Forest
Stats:
Published:
2019-11-12
Updated:
2023-09-25
Words:
96,348
Chapters:
63/?
Comments:
1,552
Kudos:
4,802
Bookmarks:
882
Hits:
163,898

Recommencer

Chapter 11: Episode 2; Passionista, Part 4

Summary:

A new Fox emerges.

Chapter Text

Chloé had been ruthlessly trying to find a way back inside for at least ten minutes, first trying the doors and then going around to more secluded windows to find a way in, to no avail. This was her worst nightmare. To have someone she loved in danger. All she could think of was how to get Marinette out of there. Because the stupid, amazing, selfless pigtailed-girl had sacrificed herself for someone like herself. A brat. She guesses she should have expected that much from Marinette. All these years and she was still so self-sacrificing. The sound of feet on concrete came behind her, and Ladybug stood before her, a box in her hand. 

“Chloé Bourgeois, I present you with the Miraculous of the Fox. You will use it for the power of good, and will return it to me when the battle is over. However, you must not reveal yourself, *and* you must take on a persona as the Fox Holder so that no one can connect you with Queen Bee. Can I trust you?”

Chloé’s eyes filled with tears. “Thank you! I promise, you won’t regret this. I’ll be the best Fox I can be.”

“Then Chloé was last spotted here. Whenever you’re ready.” Ladybug gave her a kind smile.

Chloé opened the box, and put on the necklace. The tiny Fox Kwami came out of it.

“It’s nice to meet you! I’m Trixx. My phrase is ‘Trixx, Let’s pounce!’ My power is Mirage, and will let you create an illusion. You understand, right?”

“Of course. I’ve seen Rena enough to mimic her. But... why isn’t she here?” Chloé asked curiously, wondering why she was chosen, and in fact, why Rena hadn't made an appearance.

“Rena Rouge has... been permanently retired.” Ladybug answered, looking away. It hurt to say it, but it was true.

Chloé looked away as well, considering that. Comparing it to the reason that Queen Bee was permanently retired. Her eyes narrowed in determination to be better.

“Trixx, let’s pounce!!”

She exploded in light. An white bodysuit covered her, with an golden-orange coat covering her arms and hands, connecting at the neck in a turtleneck collar, and then curving off to the side, giving the illusion of a fox’s white belly. At the waist, the coat exploded out into skirts, split into sections at the bottom, that hung behind her and at her sides, giving the impression of several golden tails. The skirts were tipped with white. Chloé pulled out her ponytail holder, and shook her hair free, the magic catching it and weaving it into a white curly bun, the rest of her hair changing to white to match her new regal style. Two golden-orange fox ears sprouted from her head, and a golden crown curved around her ears and curved on her head, held tight to her head, like an empress going into battle. Her white bodysuit-covered feet turned into white, pointed boots. 

The new Fox hero beamed at Ladybug. “I’m ready for anything, Miss Ladybug. You can call me... Imperatrix.” Her voice was regal, turning her bratty haughtiness into true grace and command. She seemed much older than she looked as a civilian. With the way she acted and the changes obscuring her, it was easy to assume Imperatrix was a university aged girl rather than only about 15. It was perfectly distanced from Queen Bee, and from Chloé as a whole.

“Very well. Let’s hurry!” And the two heroes jumped in sync, soaring towards the skylight that would let them in the mall.

Ladybug swung onto upper floor railing from the skylight. Imperatrix followed, landing delicately and gracefully on the balcony. Ladybug examined the lower floor that she could see. A crowd of hypnotized civilians was gathered around a store directly below them. And in opposite stores, she saw a few people hiding. One, in the direct opposite store, was peeking around the window, holding up a phone at the store where the minions gathered.

Ladybug suppressed a groan. Alya was here. Of course she was. Now Ladybug would have to keep an eye on her so she wouldn’t get akumatized, once she saw Imperatrix.

Ladybug called out her lucky charm, and stared at the handheld mirror, the case around it red and spotted with black dots. She looked to Imperatrix, and things started coming together.

“Make an illusion of Bella on my signal.” She instructed, and Imperatrix gave a nod. 

Ladybug yo’yo’d onto a hanging banner, and pointed to a place not far away from the shop where Passionista has set up, then to right in front of it. The fox showed a thumbs up and took out her flute. Suddenly, an illusion of Bella was running across the way. It was a rushed illusion, but Passionista certainly didn’t mind, as she started running at Bella. Ladybug hopped down, and opened the mirror, and as a beam went through the illusion, it hit the mirror, knocked back the spotted hero, and bounced right back into Passionista’s sunglasses. They flew into the air, and Ladybug watched them, dazed. 

The angry akuma, dressed in a smorgasbord of clashing colors and with glowing white eyes, was rushing for the glasses, jumping high into the air. But a blur of gold caught them, and landed next to Ladybug, supporting the dizzy girl with an arm around her waist, them offering one side of the sunglasses to her. Ladybug shook her head to clear it of the remaining fuzziness and took the side. In sync, they snapped the glasses in half. 

“No more evil-doing for you, little akuma! Miraculous Ladybug!” 

A white butterfly was released, and a girl was left in Passionista’s place, in a equally bad outfit. She looked around, confused, and then horrified. Bella came out of the shop, and the once-akuma looked ashamed. 

“I’m sorry for being harsh. It’s kinda my thing, but...” Bella started but Imperatrix held up a hand. 

“Oh no you don’t. This wasn’t your fault. She asked for criticism, and you gave it to her.” The fox hero pointed to the less than fashionable girl. “You’re a fan of her, aren’t you?” 

“Y-Yeah. Trash or Treasure is my favorite column... and I should’ve known you would’ve been blunt. I’m sorry for taking it out on you.” The girl looked away, face red from embarrassment.

Bella sighed, and squatted next to her. “You have potential. The bright colors are nice, but you need to go more towards colors that match, and less complementary. Instead of orange and blue, try red and blue. They go together a lot better and aren’t so hard on the eyes. Try to keep it to just three main colors, too.” The Italian advised. 

“Oh...” She broke into a bright smile. “Thank you, Miss Allegri!! I... I promise I’ll do better!” The girl said happily, nodding rapidly. She got up and ran off, presumedly to a store to follow the advice. 

“You both did good. I’m proud of you.” Ladybug said softly. Bella’s face went pink. 

“Yeah, I know. I can be amazing when I want to! Wait... Marinette! I gotta find out where she went!” Bella ran off in a hurry, and Marinette surprised a sigh. She better hurry this up. Especially with her earrings beeping. 

Alya timidly walked up to the two. “Where’s... Rena Rogue?” Her voice was small. Shaking.

“Rena Rogue has been retired, per my new requirements for temporary heroes. In order to hold a Miraculous, you can’t do unjust things in your civilian life. That’s why Queen Bee is retired, as well.” Ladybug explained very plainly.

“I am Imperatrix. It is nice to meet you, Miss Ladyblog.” The fox empress bowed, smiling calmly at Alya, who still looked distraught.

Marinette knew that look. She had known Alya before well enough to know she would soon double down into denial.

“Imperatrix is someone who has worked hard to become a hero in her civilian life, despite difficulties at home. As long as she continues improving, I will keep calling her into battle.” The earrings beeped more insistently, and Ladybug jumped. “Ah! It’s time for me to go. You too, Imperatrix! Bug out!” Looping an arm around the fox’s waist, Ladybug yoyo’d away. 

In an abandoned corner of the mall, Chloé started to take off the fox necklace. Ladybug put a gentle hand on hers. “As long as you improve, you may keep it. But I want you to promise that you will allow me to take it back if needed, AND that you will meet me on the Eiffel Tower on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to patrol. Let’s just say... I’ll need more help soon. And remember. You can’t tell anyone your identity, even indirectly. No hints, no outright reveals, nothing. Not even to your friends. If something happens, let me know as soon as you can. If anything changes, I’ll let you know. But you remember what happened on Hero’s Day.” 

Imperatrix nodded, and the necklace beeped one last time. Chloé held out her hand for Trixx to sit in, face solemn. “I promise I’ll do better this time.” She said. “Now... I know Pollen liked honey, but what do you like?” 

Ladybug smiled as they started to talk, and swung away. Later, Marinette ran towards Chloé, pretending not to see her talking to herself. “Chloé! Are you okay?!” A blur shot into Chloe’s purse. Chloé ran to her, and they collided in a tight hug. 

“I should be asking you that! You sacrificed yourself for me! You’re so ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous!” She worried over Marinette, making sure she wasn't too hurt.

“It’s fine. I don’t really remember what happened after I got you out. I think Passionista got me... I saw the new fox, though! She’s so cool! Do you think she might be an older teenager?” She asks. 

“Ah. Maybe.” Chloé smiled tightly. “But before we think about that, we need to find your friend.” 

Marinette agreed, and took her hand. Seems like things would work out.