Actions

Work Header

Lightning Dragon Slayer Love - Laxus x OC

Summary:

Adryn is a Fairy Tail member and has been for many years. She's just your average girl with a dark past. Her one goal in life is to take down Ivan Dreyar. She finally gets to take a job that will allow her to do just that, but Laxus and the Thunder Legion also take the job and so they will be forced to work together. So will love blossom between Adryn and Laxus or will everything come crashing down around them?

Chapter 1: Fateful Meeting

Chapter Text

Adryn was just a normal member of Fairy Tail. She wasn't that interesting and she wasn't that uninteresting. She was completely normal. However, she was hiding a deep secret that she couldn't tell anyone. She actually had a dragon slayer lacrima embedded within her. Specifically, a lightning dragon slayer lacrima. How did she get that inside of her body? As a child, once her parents mysteriously disappeared, she was taken in by Master Makarov's son, Master Ivan of Raven Tail. He put the lacrima within her when he realized that Laxus was not going to follow him.

While Adryn was secretive and normal, she had a few friends. Her best friend was Mirajane as her original best friends also mysteriously disappeared. I say that, but in truth, both Adryn's parents and friends were murdered by people that Ivan controlled. There was no proof and no bodies, but that is what he told Adryn when she was with him. He always threw that in her face and told her that it was all her fault for disobeying him.

Eventually, after years of abuse and mental, emotional and physical torture, she was released and was allowed to return to Fairy Tail. She agreed to never tell anyone about the time spent with Ivan and that she would pretend that the job really took that long for her to complete. Master Makarov and Mirajane never truly believed her story, but they never pressured her for answers. So, Adryn kept quiet and vowed to never tell a soul about her time with Ivan and Raven Tail.

This is what leads us to where Adryn is now. She just entered the guildhall and walked up to the bar where Mirajane was. She didn't like showing her face at the guildhall, but her best friend requested that she appear there to have a chat before Adryn continued on with her newest job.

“So, why did you summon me? I was about to leave.” Adryn, wrapped in her black cloak, frowned deeply. She really hated other people seeing her and it was rare that she was ever there in the guildhall. Usually, she would sneak in late at night when everyone was too drunk to notice her, but right now it was the middle of the day.

“Well, there was more interest in the job that you took, and Master decided that you shouldn't go alone and instead go with a group,” Mirajane responded with a smile on her face. The frown on Adryn's face deepened.

“Um, how about no.”

“How about yes.” The deep voice of a man from behind Adryn caused her to turn around. She had to look up pretty high to see the face of Laxus. Since she was only 5'2” and he was significantly taller than her she did indeed have to look up pretty high.

“Adryn, this is Laxus. He and the Thunder Legion found the job as well and wanted to take it, but heard that you had already taken it. They requested that they work the job, but since you refused to let it go, you have to work together with them.” Mirajane spoke up while Adryn just glared up at the tall man.

“If it means I have to work with people, then forget that.” Adryn snapped instantly.

“Adryn, you need to be more accustomed to being around people. You can't just live alone for the rest of your life. We are a family and you are a part of that, correct?” It was now Master Makarov speaking much to Adryn's annoyance. She turned to look at him and frowned even deeper than before.

“I guess so.” Adryn finally responded after a moment of thinking.

“Then work together with Laxus and the others. They are good people. Plus, you're alone too much and need to get out with people more.”

“I get it, I'll play nice with them.” Adryn was clearly not thrilled with the situation. However, she still turned to Laxus and began to speak to him. “I don't know about you people, but I'm leaving right now.”

“We are ready as well. Let's all leave together.” It was Freed addressing her now. Adryn nodded her head and watched as Laxus turned around and walked away with Freed, Bickslow, and Evergreen following after him. Adryn said goodbye to Mirajane and then followed after them as well. They quickly made their way to the train station and waited for the train to get there. It took a few minutes but eventually, the train arrived. Adryn was a little pale when she watched the train pull up to the station.

“Are you alright?” Evergreen questioned as she looked over to the redhead. Adryn just frowned again nodded her head.

“I'm just not good with things that move is all,” Adryn responded as the five of them climbed up onto the train.

“I see. Laxus isn't good with things that move as well, but that's because he's a dragon slayer. All of them have issues with motion sickness.”

“Evergreen, you shouldn't be so willing to talk about Laxus' weaknesses like that.” Freed scolded as he sat down next to Laxus. Bickslow sat across from Freed and Evergreen sat across from Laxus. Adryn ended up sitting down in the seats next to them. Thankfully, no one else sat around her.

“So, we should get to know each other a bit better since we are going to be working together for a little while.” Evergreen looked over to Adryn as she spoke, but Adryn was looking out of the window and actually seemed to be a little paler than before if that was even possible. “You don't look alright, Adryn.”

“I... I really hate things that move. I have pretty bad motion sickness and I haven't found a good way to avoid it yet.”

“Laxus just rests to avoid getting sick.”

“I wish it was that easy for me, but I'm not used to needing to fight it. I usually just walk around to the jobs that I need to get to.”

“Is that why it is rumored to have taken you five years for a simple job?”

“I have my reasons for taking so long on that job.” With that, Adryn turned her head to look out the window, which then made her go a bit green.

“If you're going to be sick, do it somewhere else.” Laxus instantly snapped. Adryn wasn't even aware that he was even awake, let alone paying attention to her.

“I'll make sure to puke on you then since you're being so kind.” Adryn managed to get out, though it lacked and bite or snark. She was far too sick to get it out in that manner. Laxus just raised an eyebrow at her and looked at her curiously.

“Why did it take you so long for a job? Are you that weak?” It didn't seem like he meant any harm by it. It was just a simple question.

“As I said, I have my reasons.”

“You should be more forthcoming with your comrades,” Freed spoke up, just simply pointing that out.

“Everyone has things that they want to keep to themselves, this is just one of those things,” Adryn responded, just as simply as Freed. That seemed to be enough for them. So, then came another topic.

“Adryn, how old are you?” Evergreen questioned randomly.

“I'm 22.” Evergreen then informed Adryn about their ages. Evergreen was 20, Bickslow was 22, Freed was 20 and Laxus was 23.

“So, what exactly is this job?” Bickslow questioned after Evergreen was done telling Adryn their ages. Freed took a moment to shoot the man a glare for not remembering the details of the job.

“There has been some activity with previous members of Raven Tail. The Magic Council is worried that Raven Tail is making a comeback as a dark guild.” Freed explained quickly.

“Who would be their new leader? Their previous master is still locked up, right?” Evergreen questioned as she looked to Freed. Ivan had gotten locked up due to the actions of his dark guild.

“Actually, he was released just a few months ago due to his sentence being up. He is being monitored and supposedly hasn't made any moves to rebuild his guild. However, he is in the same town as many of his previous guildmates.”

“My father was released?” Laxus questioned as Adryn spoke up as well. She said, “That bastard is out in the world again?!” The Thunder Legion and Laxus looked over at the girl with confusion in their eyes.

“You know Laxus' father?” Freed questioned curiously. Adryn swore to herself for giving that away before she finally decided to respond to the green-haired man.

“Unfortunately, yes I do. I have a not-so-great past with Raven Tail. That's why I wanted this job so badly. I need to stop them before they destroy anyone else's life.” Adryn seemed unhappy to say this, but she knew that she couldn't get out of it currently. She needed to tell them at least a little bit of her secrets to hold them over for now. She wasn't about to say the whole story though. “Ivan is a douchebag, no offense Laxus, I know he's your father, and I need to make sure that he isn't up to anything.”

“I don't like to think of that man as my father.” Laxus simply stated before turning to look out the window. It seemed to be the end of that conversation. However, Evergreen wasn't done with talking quite yet.

“Can you explain more about your past with Raven Tail? How do we know we can trust you after finding out you have a past with them?” Evergreen questioned as she glared over at the redheaded girl. Adryn frowned and opened her mouth, but paused before finally speaking up.

“I was forced to be a member after my parents went missing. Ivan took me in and became my guardian, though I'm fairly certain that he is the one who killed my parents just to get his hands on me.” Adryn said with an angry look in her eyes.

“Why would he want to get his hands on you?” Freed questioned as he looked over at Adryn. The girl sighed and looked out the window.

“I don't know why he chose me, I just know that him doing so, ruined my entire life and has drastically changed the person that I was. He is the reason I was gone for those five years.” Adryn then paused and looked back at the Thunder Legion and Laxus, who were all looking at her now. “I'll explain more at a later time, right now, I really am not feeling too good, so I'm going to sleep, please wake me up when we get there.” With those words, Adryn turned her whole body away from the others and leaned against the window and drifted off to sleep.

“That left

me with more questions than answers,” Freed spoke up after a few moments of silence.

“I feel bad for the girl, she's clearly gone through a lot of stuff,” Bickslow responded with his babies echoing his last few words.

“She's a part of Fairy Tail, you'd think she'd be more open with other members.” Evergreen complained to her friends as she looked over at the now sleeping girl.

“Can you really say that, after all, we did and how we treated the other members? She has her reasons, let her be for now.” Laxus finally spoke up, silencing his friend's comments. Laxus then leaned his head back and drifted off to sleep as well. He'd been suffering through the motion sickness as well as Adryn was, but just hid it better. So, the remaining part of the trip to their job's town was in silence.

~

“Adryn, get up.” Adryn was jolted awake by Evergreen shaking the girl. Adryn shot up and stood up all at once.

“I'm awake!” Adryn declared a little confused as to where she was, but it all came back to her within a moment. That's when she realized she nearly knocked over Evergreen who was just glaring at the redhead. “Oh, I'm sorry about that.”

“It's alright, let's just go, the guys are ahead of us.” Adryn nodded her head and followed Evergreen out of the train and on the platform where the others were waiting.

“You look well-rested.” Bickslow teased with his babies repeating his last word, much to the annoyance of Adryn.

“Do they have to do that every time you speak?” Adryn questioned, not meaning for it to come out as harsh as it did. However, the man just smirked at Adryn, as if he was saying 'No, but now they do just to irritate you'. Which caused Adryn to just sigh and look towards the ground.

“Let's go find an inn before we start our job, I think we all could freshen up a bit.” Evergreen declared before anyone could do anything.

“Let's go,” Laxus stated before turning away from the group and beginning to walk away. They all followed after him, with Freed walking next to him, telling him about the various inns that the town had. Laxus ended up leading them to the closest one that looked decent and then entered it with Freed walking up to the counter.

“We would like two double rooms and one single,” Freed informed the woman at the counter. She checked out what they had and then nodded her head.

“Alright. We have those available.” The woman responded, prompting Freed to hand over the amount of jewels that the woman requested for the three rooms. Once the money was exchanged, Freed was handed the room keys. “Thank you for your business, I hope you enjoy your stay.” The woman spoke up with a smile on her face.

“Thank you.” “Freed said as he turned away from the woman. She'd told him which keys were which, so he handed the single room key to Laxus and one of the doubles to Evergreen. He then turned to address Adryn. “I think it is self-explanatory, but you and Evergreen will stay in one double room, Bickslow and I will stay in the other. While Laxus has his own room.” Adryn just nodded her head at the man. They then went on their way and headed to their rooms. Once in their rooms, they freshened up and met back in the inn entranceway.

“Let's head out.” Laxus states once he arrives there last. The five of them began their search for the members of Raven Tail, but most importantly, they were searching for Ivan. They decided to split up and head out in two groups. The Thunder Legion was one group and Laxus and Adryn were the other group.

“So, does this mean I have to talk to people?” Adryn questions once Laxus and her were on their own. The man just looked down at her with confusion on his face.

“You don't like talking to people?”

“No, I really am a shy person and I don't like speaking with people when I don't really have to.”

“You are a shy person?” Laxus' tone was one of disbelief. It caused Adryn to stop walking and look up at him.

“Yes, I happen to be quite shy, why do you think I don't go around the guild too much.”

“I never thought about why you didn't go around us, I never even knew you existed until today.” Laxus' words were harsh, but when he saw the look in Adryn's eyes, he felt a little bad about being so blunt. Adryn's eyes had a hint of sadness within them, but it was quickly gone.

“Well, I guess there are more reasons me to why I never went around you people so the whole being shy thing doesn't really count for much. Plus, I don't blame you for not knowing I existed, I did that on purpose. I hate being around people. I can't stand it. Mira is my only friend now, and she's all I need. Even though I don't see her much...” Laxus looked down at the girl who was nearly out of breath from speaking so much. One question came to his mind.

“Are those feelings caused by your time with Ivan?” Laxus' question brought pain to Adryn's face. All she could do was look down and nod her head. “I... I'm sorry, Adryn.” The girl looked up at him once again with confusion in her eyes.

“You don't need to be sorry. It wasn't your fault.”

“I hate all that Ivan has done to all these people and wish I could have done something sooner to end his reign of terror.”

“I also wish I could have done something, but we can do something now. We can stop him now for good.” With that, the two began to walk again but was quickly stopped by Bickslow appearing from an alley with his babies.

“Hey, we found a lead. Follow me.” Bickslow stated with his babies echoing his last two words. Laxus and Adryn instantly followed the man to where Freed and Evergreen were waiting at.

“What's the lead you have?” Adryn questioned immediately before anyone could say anything.

“We may have a location on where Ivan is staying,” Freed responded to the girl simply.

“Well, what are we waiting for, let's go!” Adryn was clearly ready to go right then and there.

“We need a plan before we just burst into his home. He technically has not done anything wrong yet since being released.”

“Oh... I guess you're right...” The five of them discussed their plan and then headed to the home of the previous Raven Tail master, Ivan. Once there, Laxus knocked at the door, and it was immediately opened by Ivan who had a huge smile on his face.

“I've been waiting for you all. Come on in.” Ivan then moved aside for them all to enter his home before closing it behind them. Once inside, he turned to them and looked right to Adryn, who was trying to keep her cool. “It's been a long time, Adryn.”

“Not long enough, Ivan.” There was hostility in her voice, and it was obvious that she was trying to keep her anger under control. It just caused Ivan to smile wider.

“Are you in contact with your previous members of Raven Tail?” Laxus demanded before either Ivan or Adryn could speak up again.

“You are so beautiful, you look just like your mother did,” Ivan spoke up, completely ignoring Laxus' words. Ivan's eyes were locked onto Adryn and it was starting to creep everyone else out. “Those eyes of yours have grown cold and harsh, is that because of me?” He seemed pleased at that thought.

“You bastard! You damn well know that everything is because of you!” Adryn snapped as her blue lightning began to crackle around her. Ivan just laughed at the girl's anger.

“You shouldn't be so quick to blame me, if you'd only listened to me and been a good girl, I wouldn't have had to do such terrible things to you.” With those words, Adryn made a move to lunge at him, but she was caught by Laxus. He moved just as fast as she did and was able to keep her held back at the moment.

“Answer the question. Are you in contact with your previous guild members?” Laxus' tone was more forceful and serious now.

“I am. What will you do about it?” Ivan finally responded to his son. His tone was cocky and arrogant.

“We will stop you before you can complete whatever your goal is now,” Adryn growled out much to Ivan's amusement.

“Oh? You will? You're just a little weak girl. What can you do to me, you are in the arms of my son now. You seem awfully comfortable there.” Whatever Ivan was insinuating infuriated Adryn and caused her to start struggling in Laxus' arms.

“Let go of me!” Adryn yelled out as she tried to get out of Laxus' arms.

“Stop struggling, we can't hurt him yet. We have no proof that he's done anything wrong.” Laxus doesn't sound happy about that fact, but he knows that they can't make a move until they know for sure that he's doing something wrong.

“Fine, I don't need to be near him to hurt him.” Before Laxus could question what she meant by that, Adryn's golden eyes began to glow red. Ivan instantly began to wince and cough. Through his coughing, he laughed.

“Oh? You're going... to show them that... that you've used... to kill so many people before?” Ivan was able to get that out as he coughed up blood and fell to the ground.

“What are you doing?! Stop that!” Evergreen called out at the redheaded girl. Laxus immediately knew that the power was coming from her eyes, so he turned around to get Adryn to be no longer facing Ivan.

“Enough!” Laxus yelled out at the girl in his arms. That seemed to do the trick and snap Adryn out of her rage. “What the hell was that?!” Laxus practically threw the girl on the ground, but she landed on her feet and spun around to face Laxus, well really face his chest as she couldn't face his face at her height.

“Some magic I like to call, pain magic,” Ivan spoke up as he stood up from the ground. He had blood on his mouth along with a smile. “For lack of a better term, it's pain magic that stems from her eyes. Anyone she looks at, she can kill with that ability. I wouldn't have been the first one she's done that to.”

“Let's get out of here.” Bickslow stated with his babies replying, “Get out of here!” after him. Seemingly agreeing with Bickslow's words, Laxus grabbed Adryn's arm and pulled her out of Ivan's home. Freed, Evergreen and Bickslow along with his babies followed suit, slamming the door behind them as they left. They didn't see the horrible smirk on Ivan's face as they left, promising nothing good in their future.