Actions

Work Header

One For Me

Summary:

Hae Soo had waited for Wang So to come in her last days, but he never showed up till the end. A 'What If' story: What If Wang So came and saw Hae Soo for the last time. What would happen?

An alternate ending of Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

Chapter 1: The Last Miracle

Chapter Text

She had been waiting for him. The hope inside her was waning slowly every time the day passed without him showing up in the Fourteenth Prince exiled mansion. Not even the news of him reading her letter reached into her ears.

Did he read her letter?

Had he received her letter?

Did the messenger arrived safely and gave him her letter?

Did Jung send her letter to him?

The questions just popping inside her mind one by one without an answer. One question though popped to her mind that made her stopped wondering about the letter.

Did he hate her that much that he didn't want to meet her after reading her letter?

Her already weak heart clenched tightly when she thought that he didn't want to meet her.

Was this the end of their relationship?

Would she not meet him again for the last time?

Her time was almost up and she didn't have any energy left to wait for him. She wanted to meet him. She wanted to see her fourth prince. Not the king that he became at the moment, but the Fourth Prince that had made her fallen so hard, the one that she had given her heart to.

"Sa Wangja-nim (Fourth Prince)..." She muttered her beloved name softly. How she longed for her prince to show up and embrace her right now, along with their daughter. That would be what she would call heaven on earth.

But with each passing day, she knew that her hope would not be granted. In her desperation, she uttered her last prayer for a miracle to come... For the deity to have mercy on her...

And without her knowing, the miracle was already on the way to come and meet her. The miracle appeared in the form of her best friend that she hadn't seen for a long time.

The Thirteenth Prince, Baek-ah.