Actions

Work Header

TodoDeku 25 Days of Christmas

Summary:

Following 25 Christmas Prompts borrowed from Tumblr - 2019

Notes:

It's a bit early for Christmas prompts, but I'm all for getting into the spirit! This is my first TodoDeku, and my first time writing MHA, so please let me know what you think!! :D All of the stories posted are fluffy one-shots!

Chapter Text

“YOU TWO,” Tenya Iida calls from the front of the classroom where he is often found frantically waving his arms. This time he is referring to class 1-A's very own Shoto Todoroki and Izuku Midoryia.

“Since you’re always so lovey dovey, why don’t you plan the class Christmas party? We want to have it next week, on Thursday, since we’re all leaving for break.”

A large smile spreads across the green haired boy’s face at the thought of the challenge. He turns his radiant gaze upon his less than excited boyfriend Todoroki, who suddenly much more interested with the eraser shavings on the top of his desk than the conversation he was previously engaged in.

Todoroki looks up shyly at the excited boy beside him, hoping against hope that Izuku would decline Iida's request, but deep down knowing there was no backing out now.

“We would love to,” Midoryia replies to Tenya with conviction. “It will be the best Christmas party class 1-A has ever seen!”

Shoto sighs to himself, knowing that he’s been backed into a corner. Though Midoryia’s willingness to help and can-do attitude is what drew him to the shorter boy in the first place. He is always ready for whatever life throws at him, and has that cute way of over analyzing every situation. No doubt he already has a notebook full of information he had gathered on Shoto's own fighting styles…

“Where do you think we should begin?” Izuku grins. “We already have a guest list… Should we go buy decorations? What about a white elephant game? Secret Santa? There are so many possibilities!”

Todoroki smiles and ruffles his overzealous lover’s hair. “Let’s make a list and go from there.”

After a grueling day of classes, the pair zip up their coats, put on their scarves, and head off into the cold, side by side to the big mall the next town over to hunt down everything on their list.

They weave in and out of foot traffic, Todoroki keeping a sharp eye on the large crowds, while Midoryia zips from store front to store front, stars in his eyes, his cheeks red and robust from the cold and the ever present grin on his face.

“What do you think of this hat?” Izuku inquires, coming from around an end cap with a big green elf hat with phony sewn-on ears sat upon his head.

“Adorable,” Shoto whispers, a faint grin upon his lips. His long fingers wrap around the shorter boy’s hips as he begins to pull him in for a kiss.

“Then you wouldn’t mind wearing…” Midoryia chuckles, not finishing his statement. Instead he sneakily uses Shoto's closeness to slide a reindeer antler headband upon his head, complete with bells.

The taller boy pulls back, gazing upon his half scared face in the reflective plastic surface of a dancing Santa doll. He gently shakes his head, and the bells jingle softly. Bemused, he repeats his action.

“The only thing missing is the big red nose,” he jokes.
The rest of the week and weekend pass without incident, and the pair arrive early Thursday morning to prepare the room.

First they hang tinsel from the ceiling, in long ropes of red, green, and silver. Then they throw the table cloths over the desks, and Midoryia sprinkles the glitter he had insisted on buying (much to Todoroki's dismay). With a Santa hat on each desk, and a life-sized inflatable snowman in the corner, they only had to wait on their classmates to arrive.

As expected, Tenya is the first through the door. He looks around in awe, and grins. “I’m impressed! You both made class 1-A proud with this display! Let’s hope you can do just as good in the UA Christmas parade, we HAVE to outmatch 1-B and the Support Course!!”

“Christmas parade…?” Todoroki begins, but can no further inquire as the rest of the class begins to congregate inside the room.

They too look around in awe, as hanging off the edges of their desks are actual icesicles, a flare Izuku had talked Shoto into adding, to send their display over the top.

“This is great guys,” Uraraka congratulates.

“Not bad, for a pair of idiots,” mumbles Bakugo as Kirishima elbows him hard in the ribs.

Midoryia smiles, appreciating the praise from his classmates, his big green elf hat sat proudly upon his head.

“I'll say this was a success,” he whispers to Todoroki, standing just behind his right shoulder, who also is wearing his reindeer antlers.

“Agreed,” he confirms, patting his companion on the shoulder.

Chapter 2: Chapter 2

Summary:

Prompt 2 of 25: Character A's best friend rigs Secret Santa because they know Character A has a crush on Character B!

Notes:

Prompt 2 of 25: Character A's best friend rigs Secret Santa because they know Character A has a crush on Character B! This chapter is a bit longer, so let me know what you think:D

Chapter Text

“Here you go, Deku, pull out a name for Secret Santa,” Uraraka Ochaco smiles, holding out a bowl containing tiny slips of paper.

Midoryia takes one, and she moves into the next classmate, allowing everyone to pull a name ,as per tradition of the holiday gift exchange game.

“What’s this?” He mumbles to himself, becoming lost in thought. “I’ve pulled Todoroki's name. Did it have to be Todoroki? Why couldn’t I have gotten Ochaco, or even Mineta for that matter? It would have been so much easier to buy a gift for a different classmate… But for him? I’m going to have to put some serious thought into this, I don’t want it to seem like a thoughtless gift. Especially since… since...”

Midoryia swallows hard and looks up to find a few of his classmates looking at him with bemused grins, as they often do when he rambles so.

He quickly casts a glance over at Shouto Todoroki whose sitting at his desk, hands folded into a tented position over his mouth, lost in thought.

I wish I knew what he was thinking, it would make this so much easier.

At that, the bell rings and Mr. Aizawa begins his lecture on the history of heroism. Something Izuku would usually hang onto every word of, but instead he sits… Preoccupied by the thought of what he should buy is crush for Christmas.

He’s never seen the boy interact with any personal objects. He doesn’t seem to have to take notes, instead choosing to sit with his fingers interlocked over his face, thumbs supporting his chin.

Although Shouto DID get into UA on recommendations.
Maybe he learned differently than the rest of the class. HE certainly didn’t babble and think aloud when he got over excited.

What if I followed him around for a few days to find out what he likes? That’s not too weird, right? It’s for research purposes, and I’ve already got notes on his quirk and fighting style – if anyone asked that could be my cover up.

A small grin spreads across Ikuzu's face as his plan solidifies inside of his mind.

I want this to be the best Christmas present Shouto Todoroki has every received.

After class Todoroki shoots up from his chair and gracefully strides out the door. Midoryia watches after him in dismay, a slight frown coating his usually smiling mouth.

“What’s wrong, Deku?” Ochaco giggles from beside him. “Watching after Todoroki? Any idea what you’re going to get for your Secret Santa yet?”

“Not a clue,” he returns. “But I plan to find out!”

With that, he makes his way toward the exit. The taller boy couldn’t have gotten too far by now…

Midoryia absent mindedly follows him to the train station, where they end up on the same train, a few seats apart, and together leave at the same departure point. He continues to follow the red and white haired boy all the way to the psychiatric hospital.

Izuku stops in his tracks , eyes wide.

So this is where he’s always disappearing to, after class and on our days off when we train together as a class… He’s coming to visit his mother. I remember during the sports festival, in our ringed-battle when I encouraged him to use his left side. He’ll never win without learning to use the full extent of his power. Maybe this is how he’s learning to cope.

Tears prick his eyes as he turns back toward the train station. He feels as if he’s intruded on a private matter, the most he could offer now would be Shouto's privacy.
He rides home with a dull feeling in his chest, unsure of how to properly proceed.

Do I use this knowledge to buy him a gift? What would he even want? Maybe if I just go walk around the shopping mall… I'll… I'll go tomorrow.

The next morning Midoryia is sitting in his seat as he watches Shouto Todoroki stride through the door. He seems to be more at ease than usual, could it be because he went to visit his mom?

Todoroki sits in his seat, and even shoots Izuku an amused smile when he catches the shorter boy staring.
Midoryia blushes, and turns his head away.

What about… a notebook? He never takes notes in class, but maybe he would do good to journal his feelings?

With doubt in his heart at the end of the day, Izuku Midoryia sets out for the shops that line the streets in downtown, in search of the perfect journal.

It is in a obscure rundown bookshop that he spies a leather bound tome. Etched on the cover in reflective blue foil is a single snowflake. As the sunlight cuts through the dust and reflects off of the book in his hands, the foil takes on an iridescent sheen.

“This is perfect,” he whispers to himself as he walks toward the register.

Two weeks go by, and it’s time to exchange the gifts. Midoryia proudly places his wrapped present upon the table with Todoroki’s name on it, and takes his seat just as Tenya Iida bursts into the room.

“Okay everyone, it is I, your class rep!! It’s time to place your Secret Santa gifts upon the table and enter into your assigned seats so that we may more easily distribute them!!!”

With that, he methodically moves about, handing each classmate their corresponding present… Though Midoryia is only interested in watching Todoroki open his, he wants to see the boy’s face when he pulls the journal out of the red and green wrapping paper.

Shouto's eyebrows raise when Iida hands him the square, it is heavier than he thought it would be. Starting at one corner, he tears the paper directly across the cover, revealing the iridescent snowflake.

Though Todoroki doesn’t outright show emotion, Midoryia feels a sense of pride wash over him, as he believes he found the perfect gift.

“He really seems to like it, huh?” Ochaco whispers into Deku's ear.

“WHAA,” he whirls around, not expecting her to have snuck up on him while he was distracted. “H-how did you know?”

“Because silly,” she giggles. “I rigged the Secret Santa so you had no choice but to chose Shouto. I know how much you like him, even if you won’t admit it. I rigged his Secret Santa too, so maybe you should open the bag sitting in front of you.”

She winks and walks away, casting a small smile over her shoulder as she goes.

Chapter 3

Summary:

Character A is working as Santa's Helper, Character B has a smaller sibling/young child.

Notes:

This one is the shortest chapter yet! I wasn't sure where I wanted to take this prompt, so I ended the story early. Let me know what you think!

Chapter Text

“Kota?” Izuku Midoryia calls up the stairs. “Are you ready? We don’t want to be late!”

“I'm coming Mr. Midoryia,” comes back the squeak of a muffled reply from around the corner and through the closed door. This is soon followed by the sound of a squeaky door hinge and pattering feet across floorboards.

“I’m ready!” The young boy hollers, sliding down the banister, his signature horned hat already atop his head.
“Don’t forget your jacket,” Izuku smiles.

They were on their way to see Santa at the mall.
Kota and Midoryia had become close companions, since the fateful summer camp a year and a half before when the League of Villains had attacked. Their relationship hadn’t started off the best, Kota didn’t understand why young Midoryia desired and strived so hard to be a hero… That is until Muscular threatened the young boy’s life and Izuku recklessly sacrificed his own.

After the ordeal, Kota had written Izuku a thank you letter, a letter that was earnestly returned. Soon the two became pen pals. Izuku wishing more than ever to give the young boy the desire to develop his unnamed water summoning quirk.

Being the Christmas season, and school being out, Midoryia thought it would a good change of pace for the two to go visit Santa at the mall, and maybe do a little shopping.

It didn’t take long for the boys to reach their destination by bullet train.

Kota steps off and shoots through the crowd, Midoryia not far behind him, both enjoying the excitement of the large crowd, the bright light displays, and the jingling of Christmas carols lacing the air.

“There he is! I see him!” Kota points with delight, reaching back to grab Izuku's hand.

“Let’s go, then,” Midoryia grins, moving forward to join the line.

As they wait and idly chat about quirks, what life at UA is like, and what it would take for Kota to get into such a prestigious school, a mix of red and white hair catches Midoryia’s eye.

He strains his eyes to get a good look at the tall male figure in the elf costume, but they’re still too far away.
As they get closer, he can tell that each time a child stands from having their picture taken, the elf smiles and hands them a candy cane.

Though the hair… He hasn’t been able to catch a glimpse of the mysterious elf's face yet, but it reminds him of one of his classmates from 1-A… There’s no way HE would be here, though.

The pair move forward, and young Kota is beyond excited for his chance to sit upon the chubby man’s lap. He runs forward and allows himself to be picked up, all to be asked the age old question…

“What would you like for Christmas, young man?”

Midoryia watches on with a smile, perfectly content in his ability to bring joy to his young friend.

“I-I.. I want to be as strong as my friend, Izuku Midoryia. I want to learn to use my quirk, and become one of the greatest heroes there ever was,” he finishes, with conviction.

This takes Izuku by surprise. When he first met young Kota, he hated heroes… The young boy had changed quite a lot.

As Kota jumps off Santa's lap, a male's voice says “don’t forget your candy.”

Both boys turn, and Midoryia’s eyes open wide with recognition.

Todoroki stands before him, a half cocked smile drawn on his face, and his one brown one blue eye beaming. He’s dressed head to toe in green, a bell on his hat rings with every movement. He wears a long sleeved white shirt with a green button up vest, long green leggings, and on his feet are shoes with big curled toes. These too are adorned with little golden glittering bells.

“Izuku,” Todoroki smiles. “I didn’t expect to see you here.”
Midoryia returns the smile and admonishes the same in return, in fact, being Santa’s helper is the LAST place he ever expected to see Shouto.

“Pretty silly, huh?” Shouto chuckles, waving his foot around in amusement.

“Not at all, I think that this is a great.”

With a smile Todoroki and Midoryia part ways. Izuku takes Kota to the food court to grab some hot chocolate, the whole way thinking about how well the green matched the tall boy’s half red hair.

“Hey? Are you feeling okay, Mr. Midoryia?” Kota asks, tugging his adopted brother’s hand.

“Oh,” Izuku blushes, “yeah I’m okay. Let’s get going.”

Chapter 4

Summary:

Character A is desperate to find a particular item for someone, but it is sold out everywhere.

Chapter Text

It was the night before Christmas, and all through the dorms not a student was stirring, not even…

Well…

One student was stirring, stressing, and pacing from each end of his room and back. Starring back at him are various posters and figurines of his favorite smiling hero.

“What am I going to do, Shouto? I couldn’t find it… I’ve scoured the stores high and low for weeks, and it’s sold out everywhere…”

Midoryia is practically in tears, but doesn’t allow himself to slow down or turn to face his boyfriend, whose stretched out across his cot, hands behind his head, and eyes shut peacefully.

“First, what are you looking for?” Todoroki asks, still appearing unbothered.

“I’m… I’m trying to find the perfect present for Kacchan… We don’t always get along, but there was this scarf that I thought he would like…”

Todoroki sighs internally, not wanting to show his counterpart the frustration he holds inside. Kacchan and Izuku are, at best, on the rocks, and tend to be rivals the rest of the time. The reason why Midoryia would feel the need to buy anything for Bakugo eludes him, however seeing his lover upset displeases him.

“Would you like to go hunt for it together? Maybe we’ll find one you think would fit him better.”

“O-okay…” Midoryia sniffles, wiping his hand across his nose.

“Hey,” Shouto whispers, gently grabbing Izuku by the hips and pulling the shorter boy into him. “It’s going to be okay.”

With slender fingers, he tilts Midoryia’s head back and captures his trembling lips with his own in a passionate kiss that leaves both boys breathless.

Izuku reaches up to wrap his arms around his lover’s neck, knowing that Todoroki means every word and won’t allow him to give up until they find what they need tonight.

The boys pull their shoes on, shove their arms into their coats, and trek off into the blustery wind of the evening.
Todoroki suggests checking through the local market first, sure that Izuku will find something that crosses his eye there.

They walk through stall after stall, eyeing displays brightly colored and appropriately designed for the holiday season. Though nothing catches the eye of Young Midoryia.

“What about this new pack?” Shouto shows his lover, the pack displaying all the same colors as Bakugo's hero costume.

Izuku shakes his head.

Eventually, they happen upon a man making custom name plates. This causes Midoryia's eyes to light up.
“What if we got him something like this,” he beams.

“And put what on it,” Todoroki replies dryly. “Lord Explosion Murder?”

“That’s perfect!”

Todoroki shakes his head, but a small smile creeps up on his face.

In a series of flourishes and brushstrokes, the vender creates a hand painted sign for Bakugo with his original hero name, ‘Lord Explosion Murder' upon it.

The boys take it home, gift wrap it, and stow it away under the Christmas tree in the dorm’s commons area for tomorrow morning.