Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-11-30
Completed:
2021-04-11
Words:
338,973
Chapters:
33/33
Comments:
50
Kudos:
138
Bookmarks:
54
Hits:
16,443

SEVENTEEN

Summary:

The plan was perfect, almost full- proof. There was no way for any of them to mess this up it had been planned out that much. It was to be absolutely full proof, nothing was set to go wrong.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Ok, so I just posted another work and I know that I said that I would update everything else and haven't yet, but I got sidetracked when I found this SEVENTEEN Gang Au and fell in love with it, and then realized that there weren't enough of them out there so I decided to write one. This took me about a month to write the first chapter so I don't know when it will be updated, but it will be, along with my other stories at some point I promise.
-N.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

  Chapter 1

 

     The plan was perfect, almost full- proof. There was no way for any of them to mess this up it had been planned out that much. It was to be absolutely full proof, nothing was set to go wrong. At least that was what Jihoon was told earlier that day when they were going over the final plan for the job. Though now that they’re actually going through with it and at least 10 different things has already gone wrong and they have barely been in there for 15 minutes. And to make matters worse he had a worried Joshua Hong looking over his shoulder the whole entire time, and was breathing down his neck asking what was going on and would everyone be ok. Now, normally on a regular basis Jihoon wouldn’t have minded his Hyung bugging him about the team’s safety as they went through a mission. He knows that Joshua worries about them, especially S. Coups, and Jeonghan, and rightfully so since he doesn’t like to go out into the field, and normally stays behind to act as the medic when he has time off. And he understands that part of the reason that he does this is because he’s worried about them all and it’s driving him crazy that he doesn’t have any control over the situation. So he goes to bug the closest person who most of the time kind of does. And that person just so happens to be Jihoon himself. But with the way that the night was going this time, he was about two seconds away from biting his Hyung’s head off like it was a chew toy. And if he has to answer anymore questions about rather or not it’s still safe for them to be in the office building where the job is taking place he’s going to scream. He was barely able to keep himself from blowing up and the only reason that he didn’t was partly that Seungkwan was passed out asleep on the couch behind him after pulling an almost 48 hour shift at the local hospital, and Seokmin who had just come in from his own shift and was able to pull Joshua away to ask for his help with something. And for that Jihoon was thankful for, because even though he loves his Hyung dearly and would do anything for the man, he was about ready to kill him if his two dosaengs hadn’t had taken over for him. 

             Now he could get back to his work without any interruptions and that left him feeling a little bit giddy. “Woozi, you there, I repeat Woozi, you there, come in Woozi.” Jihoon or Woozi as he came to be known as his code name sighed as he heard the comms crackle to life and the voice of his best friend was what he heard. “What is it now Hoshi, we don’t have time for any chit-chat we have a job to do you know.” He knew that he came off a little bit mean to his best friend, but his patience was running thin tonight with everybody. He’d apologized to him later whenever they got home, but for now he just wanted him to shut up so they could just go ahead and get the job done. “Well, sorry for interrupting you oh so important work there sunshine, but I wanted to call you to inform you that your work or lack thereof has gotten us in a little bit of a jam.” Hoshi told him curtly. And from the tone of his voice Woozi could tell that he was pissed off at him. Great, he would have to do a lot of sleepovers, and ass- kissing for him to forgive him about this. “Just shut up and tell him what’s going on Hosh, we don’t have time for your petty bickering.” Wonwoo cut in, and from the grunting in the background Jihoon could tell that he was having difficulty getting whatever gadget he was working on to activate to help hack into the company’s database. Once he accessed that then Jihoon could go in from the apartment and take the scumbags down once and for all. The only problem was that he needed someone else to actually go into the building to get him access because of the company’s security. And that was where Wonwoo came in. Though to get Wonwoo in, required the help of the rest of the team. So that was how S.Coups. Jeonghan, Jun, Hoshi, Mingyu, The8, Veron, and Dino went in to help him out. Hoshi and The8 went in through the vents to get to the flashdrive that the CEO kept in his office of all of their dirty laundry and backhanded business dealings. Jun went with Wonwoo as his back up in case they were to run into trouble. S.Coups and Mingyu were out on the floor working the crowd, since the night they chose to pull the job off was the night they were hosting a big charity advent. With Vernon undercover as a waiter/janitor so that he could have access to move around and help out where he was needed without looking suspicious about it. And Jeonghan and Dino were out in the car acting as lookouts, and the getaway drivers. The plan that S.Coups had come up with was supposed to get them in and out in under 45 minutes at the most. The team had been in there for almost 25 and they still hadn’t gotten what they had come here for. This meant that something bad had happened. “What happened that my hacking skills have put you in a jam?” He questioned them. “Well, what our dear Hoshi-Hyung is talking about is that you Woozi-Hyung had forgotten to turn off all of the security measures in the office. When we got here we ran into a setup of lasers around the safe.” The8 said in his normal sarcastic voice.   

                     Woozi cursed himself in his head for how stupid that was of him, he should have gone and triple checked that he disarmed everything beforehand, but he had gotten busy with the rest of the prepreations for the mission. Well, at least he knew that out of all of the members of the team that could have encountered it, he was glad that it was Hoshi and The8. He knew that those two could figure out anyway to get to the flashdrive. That was one of the only things about this mission that he was confident about. Now,he would just have to make sure that whatever it was that they did to get it wouldn’t make it easy to detect that they were there and risk getting everyone else who’s on the inside getting caught. This was going to be a long night for Jihoon, and he’ll be lucky if he gets to sleep at all tonight. Though that doesn’t mean anything, since he normally doesn’t sleep really at all at night, and just sort of conks out on people throughout the day. And yes, he knows that isn’t healthy and that he worries everyone, especially the hyungs when he does this, but he can help it! What can he say, he’s a workaholic. Getting back on track, Woozi went to work con covering their tracks while Hoshi and The8 were trying to get through the lasers to get to the safe. He would check the monitors periodically to make sure that everything was running smoothly. At one point he just happened to look up and see The8 using his drone or trying to use it while Hoshi was trying to crawl through the lasers. He watched the glare that his best friend had sent at the little drone like it had somehow offended him(knowing Soonyoung, it probably had) and it was the end of the world that they were using it. Woozi shook his head at his best friend’s antics, leave it up to Hoshi and Jeonghan and sometimes Seungkwan to always find a time to be dramatic in a situation. None the less they were able to get the two theives in and out of there without any incident. It wasn’t until he made sure that they were out of there that he dared tried for a check-in with the team.  

         “Alright everybody,time for a check-in, just to make sure that all of y’all are alive.” Woozi said into his mike. “I already know where Joshua-Hyung, Seokmin, and Seungkwan are, so everyone else please sound off.” “ Wonwoo here.” Wonwoo grunted out into his mike. Woozi wasn’t sure if he was still busy doing his thing or he just felt like grunting. It was probably a mixture of both and he decided not to question it. “Hoshi and The8 here!” Hoshi yelled into his mike, for the both of them. Jihoon cringed at how loud his volume was, and he could feel Minghao rolling his eyes at the older thief. “Dino, and Jeonghan-Hyung here.” Chan said into his ear piece. It wasn’t really wasn’t that important to have the two of them check-in, since the two of them were sitting outside in the car waiting as the getaway driver. Though Jihoon was slightly worried about Jeonghan since he didn’t speak. Normally, his Hyung wouldn’t hesitate to put in his two cents at any given time and took great pleasure out of what he had to say about any given situation that they were in, so when he’s non-verbal it’s safe to say that there was something wrong with him. And taking a glance over his shoulder he could tell by the look that Joshua had on his face that he was thinking the same thing. And if their leader was in the same room as them, then he too would have a similar look on his face. If there’s one thing that Jihoon definitely knew about his team, was the the 95 line of the Hyung line knew each other like open books and they couldn’t hide anything from each other. It at the same time both amazed and terrified him at how well all three of them know each other.  It also shows how much all three of them love and care for each other on a daily basis. Now, Jihoon will admit that he may not understand exactly what is going on with them and how their relationship is supposed to work half of the time, but he sees how happy they all make each other and that is enough for him to just roll with it like everyone else. And what the other kids don’t seem to realize is that Jihoon was one of the ones who witnessed all of them getting together, and that was a very long, painful, and drawn out process that he wishes to forget most of the time.    

               Though focusing his attention back on the mission, Jihoon actually thought that this mission would actually work in their favor for once. Not that their missions were failures or anything, no once the team got on to something, they did it and succeded at it. It’s just that things don’t always go as they planned sometimes, like now. And right when he was thinking that things couldn’t possibly get any worse(Which he really needs to stop doing, because that thought always jinxes them) was the precise moment that the security alarm started to go off. Needless to say that he was shocked beyond belief. He had gone through everything that he could find on the company and their security and then went over all of it with the team. He didn’t know what was wrong, Jihoon had gone through every single possibility that he could think of and he came up with a plan for everything. He couldn’t pinpoint what had gone wrong…. “Mingyu!” He heard shouted over the comlink. From the tone of the voice that he heard it sounded like S.Coups. “We told you to memorize the lay-out of the building and figure out which tiles were the false ones that set off the alarm!” He reprimanded him. Woozi sighed to himself as he could picture the face that their leader was giving their resident clutz. They’ll be lucky if they can get out of their without being found out by the guards with how loud S.Coups was yelling. And you can tell that he’s made since he never yells. Seungcheol never gets mad like ever! The person who you can always count on being a hot-head is Soonyoung, and Woozi himself. Seungcheol was the calm, cool and level-headed leader, who always knew how to talk to people and figure out a way to solve all of their problems. So it was safe to say that he was a little miffed with Mingyu at the moment. “I’m sorry Hyung! I didn’t mean too, my slipped and when I tried to stop it I tripped and my foot landed on the tile. Everyone could hear the ernesty in his voice and knew that even though Mingyu was the tallest, broadest and most intimidating member by appearance alone, he’s just a big kid in a grown man’s body. Half the time he won’t even go and kill a spider. His reason for that is that spiders are people too, and they deserve to live a full life, then when Seokmin points out how big it is, then it’s the that’s what Minghao’s for. So he knows that Jeonghan and Joshua will probably have a talk with the two of them when they get home.                        

                    “Seungcheol, Mingyu enough! You are both grown men, not children, and not to mention the fact that we’re in the middle of a mission! So, I’m sure that you two don’t have to be told twice to behave and act like mature adults. And don’t think that we aren’t talking about this when this is over. Now get the hell out of there!” Jeonghan barked over the comm. Woozi was slightly scared at that comment. Not only was it the first time that Jeonghan had talked the entire time, it also didn’t sound like him. Everybody knew that Jeonghan was the mother of the group and tended to baby everyone, but when he got mad he got mad, and he went off on you. Though he never acted like that with anyone, not even Seungcheol and Joshua, especially those two. Something was off about this situation, but what it was Jihoon couldn’t pinpoint at the moment. Well, that was something else to add to his to-do list of stuff to when everyone gets home. And Jihoon can only guess how well that discussion will go later on in the night. Though for now his main focus needs to be on getting the rest of the team out without any more hiccups on the way there.  

              “Status update, where is everyone?” Woozi barked into his mic. He needs to know where everyone is to see if he has to alter their already designated escape routes that they had planned out already a few weeks ago. “Jeonghan-Hyung and I are in the getaway car waiting on S.Coups, Wonwoo and Mingyu Hyungs.” Dino reported. Woozi hummed in acknowledgement that he had heard him. “Vernon and I are in the parking garage waiting on Hoshi and The8, by the way you two better hurry up, we think that security is on there way down looking for us.” Jun said into his comm link. Woozi could hear Vernon in the background moving around while he was probably checking to see if they had been caught yet. “The8 and I are almost to the extraction point, we just have to get through the last of the vents and then we’ll be there.” Hoshi whispered. And Woozi could hear Minghao muttering underneath his breath as they were crawling through the metal ventilation shaft. Looking through the program that he has up and running to check where everyone’s progress was, he could see that everyone was close enough to be able to get out. He had heard from everyone but S.Coups, Wonwoo and Mingyu. This wasn’t good, he glanced over his shoulder at Joshua to see his reactions. He was hunched in on himself, looking at the monitors. Woozi could tell that he was nervous since they hadn’t heard from Seungcheol to see if he was alright or not. “S.Coups, do read, S.Coups where are you guys? Seungcheol Hyung come on pick up.” They all heard Dino say into his comm. And it was quite obvious that he was worried about his older brother. “We’re here, and almost to the extraction point, Woozi go ahead and light them up.” They heard their leader grunt into the comm. “You sure, you guys are out right?” Joshua questioned as he leaned in closer to look at the monitors. “Yes, we’re good, you’ve got the go ahead Woozi.” Woozi sighed to himself as he listened to their leader, he figured that Seungcheol was just saying that so they could try and slow down the guards that were chasing them. “Whatever.” He replied into the comm. And with a few clicks of the keys on his keyboard and he set off the explosives that they had Jun and Vernon plant around the building the day before. The next thing that they knew they heard a big boom as all of the explosives went off at once. Watching the footage from the security cameras that they had tapped into to see where everyone was. They saw Dino and Jeonghan parked on the side of the road across the street near a side entrance waiting on the rest of their party. And in the parking garage on the bottom floor they saw Jun inside the car that Vernon hotwired, while Vernon was outside waiting on Hoshi and The8 to get there. And then they saw said two thieves crawling out of an air duct and rush over to their getaway car. The only people that they haven’t seen yet are the ones that told them to blow it up. It was then that Woozi realized that they were still in the building and were in their when the bombs went off. “They’re still in there!?!” He heard Joshua yell as he realized that one of his lovers and two of his daesangs were still in the building that they just blew up. And Woozi could only imagine what Dino and Jeonghan were going through as they both realized what had happened and that there was no one there to keep them from going to go look for them. Woozi was about ready to call everyone in when he heard the comms crackle to life. “Don’t freak out everyone, we’re ok. The blast gave us a little boost out and we should be in the car in like 2 minutes.” They heard Seungcheol say. “Choi Seungcheol!” Jeonghan and Joshua shouted over the comms in unison. Woozi could imagine the degree of how hard their leader flinched at the pissed off tone of his two lovers. “You guys can yell at him when we get back, but right now we have to go and I think that Mingyu hurt his ankle.” They heard Wonwoo say calmly, always the peacemaker. Woozi heard Joshua sighed to himself and mumbled what he figured were a few choice words in English that made Vernon choke and went to go get DK. “Come one Seokminnie, lets go get our stuff so we can bandaged up the idiots.” He said as he dragged the only other med student who was awake out the door.  Woozi shook his head and sighed to himself as he watched his Hyung go out the door fuming. And the only thing that he could think of was that this was going to be a very long night.    

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

           Seungkwan woke up with a start when he heard a loud bang sound out through the whole apartment. He shot up and fell off of the couch that he had been sleeping on when he came back from his shift at the hospital and crashed. He hadn’t meant to fall asleep on the couch and had intended to be awake so that he could help patch up his Hyungs when they got from their mission, but his body had other plans for him. Though he was awake now since that loud bang he had just heard was the front door slamming shut. So, he decided to pull himself off of the floor, and head into the living room to see what all the fuss was about. And he decided to double time it when he started to hear yelling. He rushed out of the room and down the hallway to the living room where he pinpointed that all of the noise that he heard was coming from. When he entered the room it was total chaos. Mingyu was sitting on the couch next to Minghao who looked quite upset with him, while Seokmin was sitting in front of him on the coffee table wrapping up his ankle. And surrounding them were Jun, Vernon, Dino and Wonwoo. And all the shouting that he had heard was coming from the kitchen area where Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Joshua, Woozi, and Jihoon were all located. From what Seungkwan could understand of it, it seemed like the 95 liners were the ones doing most of the shouting, while Woozi, and Hoshi were trying to diffuse the situation. Feeling lost and confused about what he had missed while he was asleep, he went over to the couch where the majority of the group was seated. “Wonwoo-Hyung, what’s going on?” Seungkwan asked, he knew that if he asked Wonwoo then his Hyung would tell him straight forward what was going on between the rest of the group. “That’s partly my fault Kwanie, I messed up on the mission and accidentally triggered the alarm.”Mingyu said embarrassed. “Seungcheol Hyung got mad and yelled at me, then Jeonghan Hyung got mad at him and started yelling at him.” Seungkwan nodded his head in understanding. That he got, Mingyu Hyung, regardless of how hard he tried was very clumsy, and this wasn’t the first time that he had slipped and fell on a mission and hurt himself. That explained why Jeonghan and Seungcheol were fighting, but that didn’t explain why Joshua was in on it too. Joshua is normally one of the more calmer Hyungs that Seungkwan has, he’s chill, calm and most of the time is so relaxed that he has to be propped up. “Ok, but why is Shua-Hyung mad then?” He asked. “Oh, that’s because Seungcheol Hyung almost blew up him, Mingyu-ah and Wonwoo.” Jun told him. And the way that his Hyung had delivered it made it seem like this was a natural and as good natured as petting a kitten. Well, at least that explained why everyone was mad at their leader now. And Jihoon and Soonyoung were stuck in the middle since they are the backup leaders if something were to happen to Seungcheol. Man, he missed a lot while he was asleep!      

              Just as he was about to ask another question, was when he heard Jeonghan yell that he was done and watched him storm out of the kitchen and go through the living room to head to the 95s bedroom. After his exit from the group argument in the kitchen, the whole entire apartment had become silent. You could have heard a pin drop in the apartment, it was so quiet, which was very unusual for them. Not that long after Jeonghan stormed out did Joshua and Seungcheol come into the living room, with Woozi and Hoshi coming up behind them. Joshua paused on his way to the bedroom to talk to Jeonghan, which what he always did after he got in a fight with anybody. Joshua’s calming nature worked on everybody in the group and after an argument, even if he was in it, he would be sent in to calm everyone down so that they could talk. “DK, do you need any help or is Kwannie enough to help you patch everyone up?” Joshua asked in a clipped tone, and you knew he was pissed when he used it. “I’m fine Hyung, go check on Hyung, no one’s really hurt except for Mingyu and if I need help I’ve got Seungkwan here.” Said med student nodded his head in approval at his Hyungs words. “Go check on him Hyung, we’ve got it.” Joshua nodded and he let a small, tired smile slip out. Before he left he turned to Seungcheol and poked a finger into his chest. “You stay here and apologize, got it, and give me some time before you try and come in there.” He told him. Then he stalked off into their bedroom and shut the door behind him. And that left Seungcheol in the living room with everyone else looking lost, and like a kicked puppy. Everybody just sat there in silence looking at him and wondering what he was going to do.        

                “Hyung?” Dino questioned as he looked at his older brother. He knew that he loved both of his lovers just as much as he loved him. He also knew that whenever they thought it hurt his brother a lot. His voice seemed to be what snapped his brother out of his stupor. “Yes, Channie?” He asked, in a dazed voice. “Are you ok?” “Yeah, I’m fine Channie, I just realized something that I forgot earlier.” He said. He then looked at Mingyu where he was still seated on the couch. “Mingyu-ah, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have lashed out on you like I did, you didn’t mean to trip and I know that you tried your hardest to stop yourself from falling and triggering the alarm in the process.” “That’s alright Hyung, there’s no hurt feelings and I know that you didn’t mean it. And I get it I’m clumsy and I break things, that’s just something that happens whenever I’m around, I’m used to it.” Mingyu told him. “Though if I were you I’d probably start making a pot of tea unless you’re willing to either find someone to bunk with or sleep on the couch for the night.” Seungcheol huffed out a laugh and rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeah, you’re probably right about that, I better get started then.” Seungcheol said as he went back to the kitchen to make some tea to help get himself back on his boyfriend’s good graces.            

                    It wasn’t long after their leader left that Jihoon just dropped down to the floor in a huff. “Woozi-Hyung are you ok?” Vernon asked as he leaned over the side of the couch to check on him. He got a muffled grunt in response as an answer. “What did he say?” Vernon asked. “Oh, he said ‘It’s going to be a long night.’” Hoshi said as he bent down to try and get his best friend off of the ground. And everyone else enjoyed a few minutes of comedy as they watch Woozi try to bite Hoshi on the arm, when he tried to pick him up. Jun rolled his eyes at his same age friend’s antics. But he felt good inside regardless, these people who may not be  the most sane people in the world, are his family. They may be a bunch of crazy people thrown together because of their circumstances, but they were family nonetheless.  And that’s how he knew that things would be ok, because they were a family and families stick together.    

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

          Closing the bedroom door behind him, Joshua was careful to make his presence known in the room, so that its other occupant knew that he wasn’t alone. Walking further into the dark room the young man noticed that the bedroom window that led to the fire escape was wide open. It didn’t take a genius to figure out that was where Jeonghan was. He smiled to himself at how well he knew the other boy as he made his way to the window. Climbing out onto the fire escape, Joshua was met with a biting chill from the wind. He shivered voluntarily as he finished climbing out so that he could sit down next to the long haired boy. For a while the two just sat there in silence for what must have been 10 or 15 minutes, with Joshua shivering in his thin sweater that he had over top of his hospital scrubs, and Jeonghan just sitting there in a short sleeved shirt, staring off into space. “You know if you’re cold you can go back inside, you don’t need to be out here where you could get sick, you have a class tomorrow Joshua.” Was the the first thing that Jeonghan has directly to him since he got home from the mission. “Says, the one of us that’s out here with just a thin t-shirt on and no coat, at least I have a sweater.” Joshua retorted. Even though he wasn’t facing him, he could tell that Jeonghan was rolling his eyes at him. Whenever Jeonghan gets in one of his moods, he’s not very talkative, he just rather sit there and stare off into space. Despite what he projects out onto the rest of the people that he encounters that he is a happy, playful, and bubbly person, he’s not. In reality Jeonghan is very shy and timid, especially when he meets you for the first time. He’s also not a very open person, Joshua can suspect that it’s because of how much he was hurt in his younger years before he joined Seungcheol. Which makes this a lot harder, since he doesn’t want to open to people. He prefers to just keep everything to himself since he was raised to believe that he was a burden to everyone around them. Now, don’t get him wrong Joshua loves Seungcheol, and he also loves Jeonghan, but there was just sometimes that he wanted to take him and smack him upside the head really hard.                         

                     “You know the real reason why I’m out here don’t you?” Joshua asked him as he scooted closer to him since it was so cold outside. He heard his lover huff in response and shake his head. “Look, I’m not mad at you ok Jeonghan, I know that you got mad because Seungcheol yelled at Mingyu and then tried to blow himself up 10 minutes later, and I know that it upset you greatly, but I also know that’s not really why you freaked out and blew up at him.” “What do you want me to say?” Jeonghan questioned, and Joshua could tell by the tone of his voice that he was trying not to cry, and if he looked over at his face he could see exactly how bloodshot his eyes are. “I want you to tell me what’s wrong so that I can help you, because I love you.” He told him. Jeonghan sucked in a breath before he let it out shakily. “When… When I heard Cheolie get onto Mingyu I knew that it probably wouldn’t be anything big, I mean come on, even though Seungcheol is our leader, he still isn’t scary enough when it comes to getting onto to anyone.” Jeonghan paused for a moment to take a deep breath. “When I realized that he was madder than he normally was, that’s when it hit me, he sounded like HIM.” Joshua figured that what was wrong with him. The HIM in question that he was referring to is Jeonghan’s father, well his step-father. His birth father was a dead-beat drunk who was never around. He ditched Jeonghan and his mother when he was just a couple of months old. And when he was a little over a year his mom met and married another man, he treated Jeonghan like he was his own son, and he even got a little sister out of their marriage. Everything was great in his life until he was almost to middle school. When he was about 11 or 12 his step-father had developed a gambling problem, he would take all of their money and go and gamble it all away within a couple of hours. When he realized what was going on, Jeonghan had tried to stop him, but it was to no avail. Everytime he tried to stop him, he would beat him. He would go as far as to find ways to get money and go and hide it from him, so that his mom and sister had stuffed saved up that he couldn’t touch. But he would get caught every time that he gave money to his mother, and he would be punished for it.  And the older it got the worse the abuse got, and based on the way he acts sometimes Joshua can only infer that his father was more through than he lets on. It got to the point that he couldn’t take it anymore and left to come live with Seungcheol. And a couple years later he had met Joshua. And all three of them have been together ever since, more or less.        

                  “So, when you heard Cheollie get mad, it made you think of your dad and you freaked out?” Joshua questioned him. Jeonghan gave a nod back in reply. “Would this have anything to do with the nightmare that you had last night that you wouldn’t talk to us about?” Hesitantly, Jeonghan nodded his head again to the question. “I’ve just been out of it all day long and I don’t know why. And when Mingyu messed up and Cheollie was yelling at him I just got so mad at him, Mingyu couldn’t help it that he had tripped while they were trying to leave. And then when he told Woozi to blow up the building, with them still in it, I got so scared, I almost threw up on Channie, my anxiety was so bad.” Joshua leaned over and wrapped his arms around him, and Jeonghan leaned into his touch. And Joshua noted at how hot Jeonghan’s skin was to the touch, even though it was freezing outside and when he brought his hand up to feel his forehead, it felt warmer than normal. So to top all of this off he was sick too. Well, that explains the nightmare that he had last night, Jeonghan was pronned to them when he was sick. And his emotions were all over the place too, which is a side effect of it. Joshua huffed to himself, he felt like a real heal for not noticing this sooner, he felt like a terrible boyfriend for not realizing that Jeonghan was sick. Though he wouldn’t put it past Jeonghan to have faked being well to keep him and Seungcheol from worrying about him. That was a very Jeonghan thing to do. And now he’s to the point where he can’t handle it anymore. Normally when they get to that point it means that he’s really sick.        

          “Ok, how long?” Joshua asked him. By the look that he got in return he could tell that Jeonghan had caught onto the fact that he’d been found out and was trying to lie to get out of it. He could tell because Jeonghan had a nervous tick, that was a major tell when it came to lying to him and Seungcheol(most of the time). Whenever Jeonghan would try to lie to them he would try to look them in the eyes and try his best to hold eye contact for as he could without breaking it. It has gotten to the point that when some of the other members believe that Jeonghan was lying, they would go to him or Seungcheol and ask them to see if what he was saying was true or not. By this point they all knew that Jeonghan had a terrible time trying to lie to his lovers without feeling an extreme level of guilt.  And that’s what he was doing now. “How long what?” And that tone of voice, that was the voice that he tended to use a lot when he’s trying to work on a mark during a mission. Jeonghan had to ability to make his voice go super soft and sweet, thus changing his tone and making him sound like what Joshua would associate with a dumb blonde from an American movie. It always fooled the mark into believing that Jeonghan wasn’t that intelligent(even though he is in fact the most intelligent person in the group besides Wonwoo, and Jihoon) and it lead them into a false sense of security and that was when he would go in for the taking. “Don’t play dumb Hannie, especailly not when I know how high your IQ actually is and that it would probably give Wonwoo-ah a heart attack since it’s higher than his. You damn well what I’m talking about.” Joshua told him sternly. He watched Jeonghan sigh and his shoulders slump down in defeat, this was a sure sign that he’d won this argument. “I don’t know, I’ve been feeling a little run down for a couple of weeks now actually, ever since I saw my sister right before my mother’s birthday. Hana had told me that mom was asking her if I would come back and visit her for her birthday, and I had to tell her no. Ever since I’ve felt like complete and utter crap.” Jeonghan confessed sullenly. “I just thought that it was my guilty conscience or something, but it never went away, and I didn’t realize what it was until last night when I woke you and Cheollie up screaming from my nightmare.” Joshua leaned over and kissed him on the head and brought him closer to where Jeonghan’s head was resting in the crook of his neck. “And you didn’t want to say anything since it happened the day before a job and you knew that everyone was already stressed out to the max because of how big it was, so you just kept quiet and hoped for the best.” Joshua finished for him. Jeonghan shook his head into his shoulder and tried to get even closer to Joshua. “ I feel awful.” He mumbled into Joshua’s sweater. “I know you do.”    

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

         In the kitchen we find the fearless leader of Seventeen attempting to make something. What that something is, well we’re pretty sure that he’s wondering what it is he’s doing just as much as the next person it. It looks like he’s trying to make tea, but maybe something else. We’re not sure, but needless to say there’s a reason as to why he’s one of the members who are banned from using the kitchen. Though he is aloud to actually be in it as long as he’s not planning on making something. He’s not as bad as Hoshi or Vernon, but if left to his own devices then things can get a little bit rocky. Any way, the only reason that he’s in the kitchen in the first place is to try and find some way to apologize to Jeonghan and Joshua for the fight that they had earlier in the evening.  He never meant to upset either one of his two lovers, and he never meant to upset Jeonghan so much. He never knew that their fight would escalate so bad. Though the moment that Seungcheol got a good look at Jeonghan’s eyes he knew that he had screwed up big time. In all of the years that he had known the other boy, he had only seen that look in his eyes 2 times before including now. The only other time being the night that he came and joined the group officially and had decided to move in with them. That look was something that Seungcheol never wanted to see on Jeonghan’s face ever again.  Though he did in fact see it again tonight, and this time it was his fault that it was on there.     

             To Seungcheol, Yoon Jeonghan was always a mystery to him, more of an enigma, a question that he just had to try and solve and yet he never could. When they first met back in their younger days when they were children that part of Jeonghan had drove him nearly mad. Chan used to love to make fun of and mock him endlessly about that. It never dawned on him until later what those feelings really were. When he first realized that he was in love with Jeonghan, was during one of their famous knock out drag out fights in the beginning of SEVENTEEN. Then that fight seemed like the most important thing in the world. Now, Seungcheol can bet you that neither one of them could tell you what it was about, well he can’t remember what it was about, though with his memory Jeonghan probably still does. The only thing that bothers to stick out in his mind to him about that night was while the two of them were getting in each other’s faces the only thing that he wanted to do was kiss Jeonghan senseless. He can remember thinking that Jeonghan looked so hot when he was pissed at him and how he wanted to do nothing more than just stand there and kiss his stupid face senseless for hours until both of their faces were completely numb. And then he remembers being scared, because that’s not something that you’re supposed to feel about someone that you view as your supposed best friend. It took him months to come to terms with the fact that the feelings that he was harboring for Jeonghan were more than just platonic. He spent many nights alone in the dark thinking about what he should do with his feelings. Though once the whole big mess that had become his relationship with him Jeonghan, and Joshua, Seungcheol had vowed to always make sure that the two of them were always happy and healthy and that he would do anything in the world to make sure that it always happened. It was a very long and hard drawn out process, but up until Seungcheol thought that he did a pretty good job at keeping his promise that he made all those years ago. He let his emotions get in the way of his judgement and that caused him to hurt two of the people that he loved the most. That was part of the reason that he was so determined to make it up to  him.        

                Hearing the tea kettle ring on the stove was what brought him out of his stupor. He shook himself out of his head and then went to pick up the pot off the stove. Once that was done he poured in the tea bags once he transferred the water into an actually tea pot. Whenever Joshua would get mad in general you could always find him drinking his weight in tea. Seungcheol didn’t know why and neither did Joshua it seems knew either, but it always manages to calm him down enough to be reasonable again. And Jeonghan who in times of stress and other emotional situations, tea was the only thing besides maybe some crackers that he could eat and keep down without throwing it back up. Tea is something that he can use as an apology to both of his lovers and hopefully it’ll get him back on their good sides. He really hoped that this would work since he had messed up so badly earlier. Now, the only problem is for him to get into the bedroom that the 3 of them currently share with each other. He knows for a fact that when both Joshua and Jeonghan get mad at him or each other and they go to retreat into their room they lock the door behind them. And that’s where his little brother Chan comes. A couple of years ago Chan had Vernon teach him how to pick a lock, Seungcheol knows how to pick one too, but Chan’s better at it and is more inclined to help him than Vernon of anyone of the other thieves. Since he knows that out of all 3 of them Vernon leans more towards Joshua than himself or Jeonghan. His plan is set and know all he has to do is go and execute it.               

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Joshua didn’t know how long they were out there, but he could tell that it had been awhile. Even though he had made sure that both him and Jeonghan were somewhat covered in warm layers he was still freezing. And he knew that Jeonghan was too, even if he felt like he was set on fire with how hot his skin was from his fever that he was running, with how much he was shivering Joshua knew that it was more than a safe bet to say that he was freezing. He didn’t know if he could convince him to move or not since his head was still buried in his neck. But being the medical student and worried boyfriend that he was, he couldn’t let Jeonghan be out in this bitter cold any longer with how sick he was. He knew that Jeonghan hated the cold also. He basically refused to come out of the apartment in the winter, especially if it had snowed. And the only way to get him out, maybe, is if they got one of the kids to beg him to go play in the snow with them. And even then that was a stretch too. So, him sitting out in the cold for this long was a clear sign that he was sick and didn’t want to move because he felt so awful. His heart hurt for his boyfriend, he just wished that Jeonghan could be secure enough in himself so that he could feel comfortable enough to open up to them at least a little bit.     

          Humming to himself, to try and help soothe Jeonghan, Joshua figured it would be a good time to try and get him in the house. “Hey Baby.” Joshua whispered in his ear. He kind of thought that Jeonghan had fallen asleep and that was why he didn’t want to go in at the moment. Though he was proven wrong when he got a groan in response. “Mmm.. What Shua,....” Jeonghan moaned out. “Do you want to go in now Hannie? It’s really cold out and you being sick it isn’t good for you to be out right now.” Joshua told him softly. It took a few minutes for him to respond but eventually Jeonghan was able to answer him. “Okay, m’tired Shua.., I don’n feel good.” He mumbled in response as he buried his nose in Joshua’s shirt. Joshua laughed to himself as he watched his boyfriend. “Ok Hannie, let’s go in then, the sooner we go in and get warmed up, the sooner you can go to sleep. How does that sound?” Joshua asked him as he kissed the top of his head. Jeonghan shook his head in response since he was so tired and the two of them proceeded to get up from their place on the fire escape and head inside to get warm. 

         Upon entering their bedroom through the window the two of them were met with the sight of their other lover Seungcheol. He was in the room making up the bed with a  lot of warm blankets and pillows. And Joshua had noticed that there was a pot of tea and some cookies and crackers resting on one of their bedside tables. Once Seungcheol had noticed that he was no longer alone in the room he paused his actions and just looked at the other two men in the room. The three of them just stood in the room and stared at each other for who knows how long. Though, the silence was finally broken by Jeonghan and in the most  unconventional way possible. “I’m gonna throw up..” Jeonghan gasped as he slapped his hand over his mouth and ran into their bathroom located in their room. As he went to go throw up, he had two very concerned boyfriends hot on his heels the whole way there. Once he reached the bathroom, Jeonghan dropped down hard on his knees and lifted the toilet lid up with shaking hands and then proceeded to throw up everything he had eaten in the past day, though that wasn’t a whole lot since he had been fighting against constant waves of nausea all day, and hadn’t eaten a whole lot. So it was mostly just him dry-heaving until his body decided it was empty. While he was dealing with that Joshua was behind him rubbing soothing circles into his back while Seungcheol was trying to hold back his hair so that it wouldn’t get in the way. Once he was finished dry-heaving, Jeonghan collasped back against Joshua’s chest. He had moved them to where they were both leaning up against the wall, and they had Seungcheol circling around them not really knowing what to do. After a few minutes when they were all sure that Jeonghan wasn’t going to throw up on them again, Joshua took control of the situation. “Ok, Hannie do you feel well enough to be able to take a shower so we can both warm up and I can clean you up?” Joshua asked him in a hushed tone. Jeonghan shook his head yes in response. Joshua smiled sadly to himself at his lover’s reply. “Ok then, we’ll do that, and Cheollie can you finish setting up whatever it was that you were doing before we came in and maybe disinfect the bathroom some while we shower please?” He asked his other lover. “Sure, yeah I can do that.” Seungcheol told him. “Ok, then will you help me get him up so we can start?” Seungcheol nodded and moved so that both him and Joshua could get Jeonghan up and in the shower. Once that was done Seuncgcheol went about his tasks that Joshua had assigned to him and waited for his other two lovers to get out of the shower. It was going to be a long night.   

              After the long process that was getting Jeonghan in and out of the shower without having him fall and crack his head open, Joshua was so glad to get him out. Jeonghan had spent the whole entire time slumped against him as he just let the hot water hit him as he tried to bathe him. It took awhile to get him dressed once he had gotten him out of the shower, because Jeonghan started to get dizzy. Joshua had to set him down on the toilet seat to put the clothes that Seungcheol must have left out for them on him. After drying his hair quickly with a towel, Joshua went to get Jeonghan up from the toilet seat lid that he had put him on to make sure that he wouldn’t pass out on him and go down. Joshua wrapped his arms around the other boy to help steady him and to try and warm him up some more. On the way out Jeonghan had attached himself yet again underneath his chin and wouldn’t move. When they finally made it out of the bathroom they were met with the site of Seungcheol running around the warm making sure that everything was set up and ready for them. The bed had been remade with a bunch of fluffy blankets and pillows. Along with the food and drink that was on the nightstand there was now also various cold and flu medications and painkillers. It looked like Seungcheol had gone and raided the stash that Seokmin and Seungkwan kept in there room for emergencies. Joshua would really have to complement him on this later once Jeonghan was tucked in and asleep.     

          “Hey Hannie, feeling better?” Seungcheol asked as he made his way around the bed to help Jeonghan lay down so he could sleep. Jeonghan seemed to be very out of it, the key word here being seemed. As soon as Joshua was able to pry him out from underneath his chin and got him sat down on the bed was when he started to burst out into tears. He was crying so hard that he was shaking. “Hannie, shh, shh, baby what’s wrong?” Seungcheol asked as he sat down on the bed next to Jeonghan and wrapped his arms around him, Joshua not far behind him. “I-I-I.. I’m s-s-sor-ry,.. I d-didn’t mean to get-t ma-ad at you-u..” Jeonghan sobbed in Seungcheol’s chest. Both him and Joshua were shocked at Jeonghan’s apology. Now, don’t take this the wrong way but Jeonghan never apologized, well he did, but he was never the first one to. Believe it or not Jeonghan is a very shy and introverted person, and it is hard for him to work up the nerve to apologize first to someone because he never knows what to say. So to say that this was shocking was an understatement. “No, no Hannie, no baby I’m not mad at you at all, and neither is Josh ok?” Seungcheol told him as Joshua nodded his head in agreement and rubbed his back soothingly. “This whole thing was my fault ok? I should have realized that something wasn’t right with you, and I should have never yelled at Mingyu for messing up in the first place ok?” Seungcheol told him. “ And I never should have yelled at you when we got home ok, this wasn’t your fault and I’m not mad at you ok?” Jeonghan nodded his head into Seungcheol’s chest and Joshua continued to rub his back for him. After awhile Jeonghan had finally stopped crying and was just in his lover’s arms seeking warmth from them. “Do you feel any better now?” Joshua asked as he finally stopped rubbing Jeonghan’s back so that he wouldn’t fall asleep before he checks him out. Jeonghan weakly nodded his head as an answer. Both of his other lovers sigh to themselves as they started to maunover their boyfriend to a horizontal position so that they could better take care of him. When they got him settled Joshua went to go raid Dk and Seungkwan’s room where all of their medical supplies were kept.   

           Once Joshua left the room, Seungcheol went to go lay down on their bed across from Jeonghan. From the look of it, being sick, their big fight, and his mini melt down, had left Jeonghan completely exhausted, as he was almost asleep by the time Joshua got back to their room. When he got on the bed, Seungcheol just looked at Jeonghan. Even though he was asleep and sick, and in most people’s standards looked like crap, in Seungcheol’s mind he looked beyond beautiful. Everyone else in the group liked to joke that both him and Joshua would tell Jeonghan that he looked beautiful even if all he wore were trash bags as clothes. Which is probably true since whatever he wears he makes work for him. Though that’s not the only reason that they tell him this. Not many of the other members know this, but Jeonghan is not only a very shy person, he is also very insecure in himself and suffers from anxiety. Majority of the time he thinks very lowly of himself and on more than one occasion in the past he has either told Joshua or Seungcheol that he hated himself and had told them that he thought that he was better off dead. It broke his heart to hear Jeonghan talk so lowly about himself, it pissed him off that his step-father had basically ruined his self-esteem and destroyed his ability to trust people whole-heartily. And on more than one occasion over the years him and Joshua had to make their own modified suicide watch. Jeonghan had never done anything, but there were times where they didn’t know what was going on in his mind, and they both thought that it was a possibility. After one particular bad episode Joshua had tried to get him to seek out counseling to see if that would help him some, Jeonghan had blown up at the idea of it- another idea that was beaten into him by his step-father was that any type of doctors were bad, which is kind of funny now that Seungcheol thinks about it, since they are both going out with a nursing student, and are living with two med students. Needless to say that discussion didn’t go over so well and no one really talked to anyone for days afterwards. Laying there right across from Jeonghan, all that Seungcheol could think about was how much he loved the man laying right before him, and how he would do anything to keep him and everyone else in this apartment safe from any harm or danger.    

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

       “Is he asleep?” Joshua asked as he walked into the bedroom from where he went looking for medical supplies. “Yeah I think the stress of everything has finally worn him out enough that he just passed out as soon as his head hit the pillow.” Seungcheol said as Joshua sat on the other side of the bed so that he could try to examine his lover while he slept. “I’m really worried about him.”Seungcheol said as he moved to sit up to watch Joshua work. “I am too.” He hummed as he took out an ear thermometer to check Jeonghan’s temperature. Suddenly Joshua whistled to himself as he saw the reading. “What is it?” Seungcheol asked, you could hear the worry dripping from his voice. “It’s 101 F/38 C” Joshua told him. “That’s very high.” “Yes, it is, we’ll have to keep an eye on it tonight and if it doesn’t go down or goes up we’ll have to take him to the hospital.” Joshua told him in a whisper. Both of them knew how their third lover hated hospitals, they always increased his anxiety levels ten fold. They have never been able to get him to tell them why they do, whenever they breach the subject Jeonghan just shuts down on them. “I think that Hannie might be you know..”Seungcheol trailed off. “No Seungcheol, I don’t know what you mean.” Joshua replied shortly to him. “I’m sorry Cheollie I didn’t mean to get short with you, it’s just been a long day and I’m worried about everyone.” Joshua apologized. “You’re fine Shua, I’m stressed too, but I guess that I should have also been more clearer on what I was saying.” Seungcheol said as he moved his hand to brush against Joshua’s cheek. Said man mentioned went about his business of getting out everything that they’ll need to take care of their lover throughout the night. After waking Jeonghan up enough to get him to swallow down some pills and getting him back to sleep Joshua climbed in bed with the rest of his partners so that they could maybe get some sleep. “I think I figured out what you were trying to tell me earlier.” Joshua whispered to Seungcheol overtop of Jeonghan. “Yeah.” Seungcheol replied and Joshua could tell that he too was about half asleep. “You’re thinking that Hannie’s depressed and that he might be suicidal.” Joshua whispered out. There were a few moments of silence between them as Seungcheol processed what was just said to him. He knew that Jeonghan was showing all of the signs, it’s just that somebody saying it all out loud was making this all real and that wasn’t something that he particularly wanted to acknowledge just yet. “Yes, I do, I know that he probably won’t do anything that severe but it still worries me that he’ll fall back into bad habits.” Seungcheol confessed. Back when they were all just starting, and Jeonghan was still pretty new to the team, Seungcheol had accidently walked in on Jeonghan when he was changing and saw them. That was the day that he realized that Jeonghan was a cutter. He had tried to put a stop to that right away, but the recovery process was very long and drawn out. Things did get better once all three of them started their relationship and got out of the rocky stage, but they all still worry. Almost none of the other members in the group know because Jeonghan had begged them not to tell because he was scared of what they would think of him. They both swore they wouldn’t tell and to this day they haven’t. And even though he had relasped more than once, Jeonghan hasn’t cut in a little over two years. He was doing really good at the moment and now they’re not so sure. But as they both join their other lover in slumber that night, they hoped that everything would work out for them in the end.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

           Meanwhile, across the city……… 

         There was a man watching security camera footage of events that had unfolded earlier in the night. He was studying it intensely and was paying close attention to the details of it all. “Han.” He barked out to one of his henchmen. “Yes sir Hyung-min.” The lackey said. “Find out all that you can about this group, they made a fool of me tonight, and no one can get away with making me a fool with paying the ultimate price.” He said and laughed minically afterwards. His lackey Han gulped nervously and nodded in response. “Yes Hyung-min.” And then walked off to do his master’s bidding. As his henchmen left the room, the master was just sitting there, thinking that the little group of what appeared to be children had no clue at all what was about to be coming their way. And that sent him into another fit of  insane giggles. 

 

Notes:

I know this seems a little bit darker than most of my other works, but I just started writing and this is what happened. So sorry not sorry.
-N.