Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-11-30
Completed:
2021-04-11
Words:
338,973
Chapters:
33/33
Comments:
50
Kudos:
138
Bookmarks:
54
Hits:
16,443

SEVENTEEN

Chapter 33: Chapter 33

Summary:

The end and then some.

Notes:

Alright we've finally made it to the end folks! Thank you all so much, especially those of you that have stuck with this thing from the beginning. It's been a long hard ride, but finally we're at the end! I've had fun, and I hope that you have too. And I want to thank you all for all of the love, and hits, and kudos, and comments and everything. I never really thought that it would take off like it did. I mainly just did it for fun, but it really surpassed my expectations. So thank you all again. So now I'm going to shut up now and let you all read, with the last warning of I'm not a medical professional, but I have a lot in my family so anything medical is semi-correct. Now, I'll shut up and let you read. Have a nice day, and enjoy! Stay safe out there!
-N.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Chapter 33

   Jeonghan was beyond stunned at the news. He was pregnant. He was pregnant, and he went into Kim's office knowing that things could get tricky and inadvertently put his baby's life in danger. This kid wasn't even old enough to be considered a real person by the rest of the world's standards and he had already almost got them killed. Or had he? Was the baby okay? Were they safe, were they going to die? He knew that he would absolutely lose it if he had another miscarriage again. All that he could think about was how stupid he was for going in there without knowing for certain if he was pregnant or not. He should have checked the test. But he was just so overcome with grief and anger, and worry that it clouded his judgement on the matter. This baby wasn't even born yet and already he was screwing up their life by putting them in danger. All that he could do was hope that they were okay and that Seungcheol and Joshua weren't too upset with him about this. 

 

      In his panicked state, he wasn't able to register that Seungcheol was calling his name and was trying to get his attention. He was just going down a dangerous spiral, and it just kept getting faster and faster. Seungcheol, realizing that he was not going to be getting anywhere by doing what he was doing, so he reached out and grabbed the younger's hand. Jeonghan was jolted out of his head, and back to reality when he felt someone grab his hand. He whipped his head around so fast that his neck popped. Seungcheol winced at the noise that it made, and hoped that Jeonghan didn't just give himself whiplash. Jeonghan saw Seungcheol looking at him with worry in his eyes and looking down he saw that Seungcheol had his hands wrapped up in his own. Seungcheol was rubbing his thumb over the younger's hand and almost immediately Jeonghan started to calm down some. "Hey." Seungcheol said softly. Jeonghan lifted his gaze to look at his lover, and Seungcheol's gaze was as coming and soothing as it always was for him. "It's alright Hannie." He told him. And Jeonghan just nodded his head with a choked off sob.  

 

             Seungcheol, even though it was painful, had leaned over in his bed, and wrapped the younger man up in a hug, being careful of all of the wires that he was hooked up to. (It was a good thing that he had Chan move his bed and everything over towards Jeonghan before he left, it came in handy.) He held the younger and whispered soothing words in his ears and ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry.." Jeonghan sobbed out as he clung onto Seungcheol. And it broke Seungcheol's heart to see the younger so upset over all of this. He felt guilty that he had let Jeonghan go through this. When he had first woken up, Joshua had come in not that long afterwards to check on him. He had told Seungcheol everything that happened, filling in some gaps on things that Chan didn't know about. He told Seungcheol all of his injuries and for the most part he was okay, and just needed to rest and be careful how he moved, but he had antibiotics, and painkillers to make those easier. And when he had asked about Jeonghan, the look on the doctor's face told him everything. "What happened?" He asked. And Joshua told him everything. How much of a wreck Jeonghan was while he was gone. How closed off and isolated he was from everyone, even him. How he didn't sleep, didn't eat, and it was like looking at and sleeping next to a stranger those 3 days that he was gone. And he said how he came up with the plan to get him out. How well it worked. Joshua told him about Jeonghan shooting Kim in the crotch, which worried Seungcheol a bit, but after hearing what Kim said to Jeonghan he wasn't that mad. And then he was told about how Jeonghan had passed out on them, and when they got to the hospital, the rest of the members were there waiting for them. And Doyoon and Jihoon had pulled him aside and showed him the positive pregnancy test that they had found. And Seungcheol's heart sank. Joshua said that even though Jeonghan hasn't been taking care of himself the last little bit, the baby seemed fine, and healthy, thought they would still be monitoring the both of them closely just to be on the safe side. 

 

     Seungcheol must have been holding on and trying to comfort Jeonghan for the past 15 minutes or so when he heard the door open. The leader looked up and saw Joshua walk through the door. They immediately made eye contact with one another. And he could tell that the younger was annoyed that they had pressed the hospital beds together, but just as soon as he opened his mouth to say something but Seungcheol motioned to the borderline hysterical Jeonghan that he had in his arms. Joshua's eyes lit up in panic as he rushed over to the two of them on the bed. "What's wrong?" Joshua asked him. Seungcheol just shrugged at him helplessly. "He didn't know." Seungcheol said. "He didn't know that he was pregnant." He said. "I was talking to him about it earlier and he had no idea what I was talking about." He told him. "When I told him to look at the monitors, he put two and two together and he's been like this ever since." Seungcheol told him. He gestured down to Jeonghan who was clinging onto him and crying, who he's pretty sure didn't even notice that Joshua had entered the room.  

 

            Joshua tentatively sat down on the edge of the bed that Jeonghan was in. He didn't want to startle his lover, but he wanted to make sure that he was okay. After he checked to make sure that all of his readings were okay, he slowly reached out and laid a hand on Jeonghan's shoulder. The elder jumped a little bit at the contact, but once he looked and saw Joshua, he started sobbing all over again. He pulled himself from Seungcheol's arms, and practically threw himself at the med-student. It was a good thing that Joshua had braced for impact or else they both would have ended up tumbling to the ground. Jeonghan started sobbing again and begging Joshua not to hate him, and to forgive him, and to protect the baby. "Please, please... Shua, ..I-I'm sorry, sorry, I'm sorry." Jeonghan babbled. "Please, please, don't let my baby die, please, save them, please." He begged. "I can't lose another one, please." He cried. And neither Joshua or Seungcheol missed the last part about losing a baby again. Joshua rubbed the elder's back, and kept repeating assurances to him. "It's okay Han, it's okay, I'm not mad, I love you." Joshua said. "I love you, and it's okay, and the baby is okay too, we're just keeping you here to be on the safe side, alright?" Joshua told him. And that seemed to calm him down a bit, but for the most part he was still sobbing. It broke both of their hearts to see Jeonghan so upset and distraught.  

 

              For the next 20 minutes or so, Jeonghan had finally calmed down some, and they had maneuvered him, to where he was sitting in between the two of them. For the most part Jeonghan had stopped crying. He just sat up against the back of his bed, and stared off into space. He had one hand gripping Joshua's hand, and Seungcheol had an arm wrapped around his shoulders, and he had his free hand resting on his stomach. All three of them sat in silence for about 5 minutes before Seunghceol spoke up. "Are you okay Hannie?" Seungcheol asked him hesitantly. It took a few moments before Jeonghan would say anything. Jeonghan started to nod his head yes, then stopped, then shook his head no. Joshua could see the tears start to leak out of his eyes again. "Hey, it's okay." Joshua told him. "We're not mad Angel, I promise you." Joshua told him. "We're all okay now, baby included." Joshua told him. "And Kim is gone, the cops picked him up after we left, and he won't ever hurt us ever again." He said. "Everything is going to be alright." He told him. Jeonghan just nodded his head, and curled himself up further in between his two lovers. Though both of them could tell that he didn't fully believe them. Seungcheol, and Joshua shared a look over each other's head, a silent promise to make sure that Jeonghan was going to be okay, and that they were going to do whatever it took to make sure that they all could heal and be happy in the end.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

 

      Lucky for Seungcheol and Jeonghan they didn't have to spend that many more days in the hospital. They had been too out of it for most of their stay there, and after checking on both the baby and Seungcheol's ribs they were cleared to go home after about 2 more days. Which was both a good and bad thing for them in Seungcheol's opinion. Good for the reason that they can get the care that they need to get better. And they are in one spot where Joshua, Seokmin, and Seungkwan can watch over them and they can't get into any more trouble. And Jeonghan could get the rest that he so desperately needed, but won't admit to needing. And some of the cons to this are that it is driving both of them stir crazy, in more ways than one. Seungcheol hated being immoblie and not having anything to do. He liked lounging around, and relaxing though, but he was a busy person. He liked to have something to do to keep his hands busy, and he took spells to where he got really annoying about it. This was one of those times. And then there was Jeonghan, the younger liked relaxing the most out of all of them combined, but sometimes it wasn't good for him to have that time. He was very prone to getting lost in his own head, and the paths that he could go through were not always pleasant or beneficial to his help. But at least they had each other here to keep them company.  

 

               Snapping out of his thoughts Seungcheol turned and looked at the other side of the room. He was still confined to his hospital bed due to his injuries. The only time that he could get up was to go to the bathroom. And even that he had to fight for, since Joshua wanted him to use a bedpan which he was not a fan of. Jeonghan on the other hand, was told to rest, and get as much sleep as he could. Though he was given more freedom in his movements than Seungcheol was. So Jeonghan would get up and go to the bathroom, and go sit at the window, or sit beside Seungcheol's bed. And Joshua had tried to get him to go on a short walk down the hallway, but the younger refused. The younger was currently sitting at his bedside. He was sitting next to him and holding his stomach, and staring off into space. Seungcheol knew that he wasn't there in his mind at the moment. Though he knew not to push the younger to talk. He would do so when he was ready, and come talk to him. All that he had to do now was wait though.  

 

   The two of them sat in complete silence for the next 10 minutes or so. Neither one of them were really doing anything important. Then Jeonghan started speaking all of a sudden. "I'm sorry Cheollie." He said in a raspy voice. Seungcheol was snapped back into reality from where he was off daydreaming and went and looked at the younger. Jeonghan had tears in his eyes, and though he wasn't actively crying at the moment, he looked close to tears here. He looked utterly exhausted and upset and Seungcheol felt so bad here. He knew that part of the reason that Jeonghan felt this way was because of him. From what Joshua and Jihoon had told him, Jeonghan took his words too much to heart. He knew that Jeonghan isolated himself from the others, and tried to shoulder the burdens all by himself. And that put so much distress on both Jeonghan and their baby. Seungcheol felt guilty for that. "Sorry?" Seungcheol asked him. "Why are you sorry?" He asked him. "You have nothing to be sorry for, Hannie." He told him. Seungcheol moved in the bed, careful of the tubes, to get closer to Jeonghan. He reached over the bed railing, and grabbed one of Jeonghan's hands. Jeonghan just shook his head at him.  

 

      "Yes I do." Jeonghan said. "This is all my fault." He told him. "I should have never let MingMing and I get caught, and put you in the position to choose to stay behind." Jeonghan told him. "And it's my fault that I put our baby at risk by going after you recklessly like I did." He said. "I should have spoken up, done something." He said. And Seungcheol knew that they were about 5minutes away from a full-blown meltdown. And he really didn't want to go through one of those this time. "It's not your fault Jeonghan." Seungcheol told him firmly. "It's not your fault what happened to me." He said. "I chose to stay behind, and wouldn't let you do anything about it." He told him. "And it wasn't your fault that you guys got caught, it was just how it happened." Seungcheol said. "And I know that you pushed yourself and that it put stress on both you and baby, but that was because of what I made you promise." He said. "I never should have asked you to be strong." Seungcheol said, and then continued before Jeonghan got the wrong idea. "You're already one of the strongest people that I know Jeonghan." He said. "And the only reason that I told you to be strong was as a reminder." He said. "I didn't think that you would spin out of control because of it trying to please me." He said. "And for that I'm sorry." Jeonghan just shook his head at him, and leaned over and hugged Seungcheol, and started crying. Seungcheol hugged him back and the two of them just sat there and cried. 

 

      "What's going on?" A voice asked from the door. Seungcheol lifted his head and turned to see Joshua standing at the entrance to their hospital room. The young med-student looked shocked at the scene before him. Seungcheol noticed the look of concern and worry painted on his face. "What's wrong?" He asked again in a softer voice. He walked further into the room, and sat down his clipboard and headed over to the side of Seungcheol's bed. He bent down and tried to get a good look at Jeonghan's face. But the younger one was just crying too hard to really do anything. "What happened Seungcheol?" Joshua asked his other lover. He was hoping that he could get a straight answer out of him. "We just had a talk about things Shua." He told him. "I'd tell you not to worry about it, but I know that you're going to anyway." He said. Joshua just shook his head at them, and laughed exasperated. "You're right." Joshua said. "What am I going to do with you two?" He asked him. That actually got a laugh to bubble out of Jeonghan, thought it was a wet one, but they were going to take it anyway. "I love you guys." Jeonghan cried." I love you two so much that it hurts." He said. "I love you guys too." Seungcheol and Joshua said in unison. Both of them leaned over and hugged the pregnant male and the three of them cried a little bit more. And somehow they all ended up crammed together in Seungcheol's hospital bed. It felt nice to Seungcheol to be together like this with both of his lovers. And it was then that Seungcheol made a decision, a really big one. He made a mental note that when he got discharged the next day to get Jihoon to pull the ring box out of its hiding place for him. He had things to do.  

 

                                                        ************************************ 

 

     The next day was when Seungcheol and Jeonghan were getting ready to be discharged. Both of them were very excited to be released from the hospital. Even though they were going out with a med-student and had the Noonas who worked there as well, neither one of them were crazy about hospitals. They put up with them because of Joshua, Seokmin and Seungkwan, but if they didn't have to go to one they were happy. And Joshua just rolled his eyes at the two of them when they realized that they were getting out today. Though he really couldn't blame them this time. He was just happy that no one else was seriously injured and no one was dead. So he was going to take what he could get now.  

 

     "Are you ready to go Jeonghan?" Seungcheol asked the younger as they were getting dressed. Seokmin and Seungkwan had come in to help the two of them get dressed. Which normally would be a pretty easy task for the both of them, but Seungcheol had trouble moving because of his ribs. And Jeonghan's morning sickness was leaving him too dizzy to get dressed by himself and Seungcheol couldn't help him do it. So the two youngest med-students in their household volunteered for the job. They helped the two eldest while Joshua went and fixed their discharged papers, and got everything ready for them to go, and for all of them to have the next little bit off. Which they all needed a vacation after everything that happened these past couple of months. "I'm fine." Jeonghan said. He was sitting on his own hospital bed for once and Seokmin was tying his shoelaces for him while he was pulling his hair back. Seungcheol on the other hand was busy trying not to take out Seungkwan as the younger was trying to help him get his pants on. It was a lot easier said than done. While they were getting dressed there was a knock at the door. Thinking that it was Joshua, Seungcheol shouted for him to come in. Though he was surprised that it wasn't Joshua to come in, but a female. She wasn't one of the Noonas that worked there, she looked younger, and Seungcheol had never seen her before in his life. "Oh Serena!" Seungkwan said as he turned around to see who it was. "What are you doing here?" He asked her. The girl Serena shied away a bit at being addressed by the younger. "I'm terribly sorry to bother you guys." She said. "But I was looking for Seokmin-Oppa and the nurse's station said that he was in here." She said. Said med-student was about as read as a tomato. Jeonghan noticing what was going on motioned for the younger to go over there and talk to her. Seokmin beat red, and stumbled over himself to get to her. The two of them stepped outside the room to 'talk' with one another. Jeonghan just shook his head at the younger as he closed the door. "I give him 5 minutes before he tries to pass out on her." He said. Seungcheol and Seungkwan just nodded their heads at him.  

 

      It wasn't that much longer before they were packing themselves up in the car and heading home. Mingyu was nice enough to come and get them all to take them back to the apartment that was still on loan to them from Bangtan. It was nice for the most part. No one was chasing them, and they could just sit back and relax. Though he did take great pleasure in telling Joshua what happened with Serena and the two of them teaming up on Seokmin and teasing the younger about his crush. Seokmin had gotten so flustered that he had blurted out about the surprised welcome home party that they all had planned for them. Joshua, Seungkwan, and Mingyu had just face-palmed. Seokmin looked freaked out, and Seungcheol and Jeonghan just laughed. It was nice, to just be with their family like they used to. It really made everything feel real, like everything was finally starting to go back to normal.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

     After the welcome back party that they had for them, Seungcheol knew that it was time to get down to business. Yes, everything for the most part had worked itself out in the end but it was an eye opener for him. When was the last time that they had done anything other than work? Now, don't get him wrong he loved the others very much, and he loved his job, but it had been years since they could just be regular ordinary everyday people. And after the ordeal with Kim, he thought that they all deserve a break. So he had planned out to tell everyone of his plans once the party had started to wind down. He knew that Doyoon, Dongjin, and Samuel all had normal everyday lives that they needed to return to, so he knew where they were going. He didn't know about MingMing. He was still going to offer the younger a place to stay for a little while even though he knew that the younger wasn't going to accept it, and vanish without a trace. That just left the other 12 members that he had to deal with. And besides they needed to take a small break and try to figure things out now, and what they were going to do, how they were going to run things from now on, especially with Jeonghan being pregnant.  

 

     The welcome home party was fun, and calming, and it made Seungcheol feel good to be home. He had missed his family greatly while he had been captured. And while he had gone through things that he knew were going to affect him for the rest of his life, the thoughts of his family is what kept him going for those horrible 3 days. He was glad to be back with the ones that he loved,and the fact that he was going to be a father. And maybe a little more than that. He had plans of what he was going to do, but he just had to tell everyone first. So he called a family meeting in the middle of the living room, and had everyone sit down. Jeonghan and Joshua were sitting on either side of him on the couch. Chan sat on the arm of the couch next to Jeonghan, and Hansol sat on the one next to Joshua. And Seungkwan stood next to the younger. Mingyu and Minghao were sitting in the love seat next to the couch. Samuel and Dongjin were sitting on the arms of the piece of furniture, and Seokmin and Doyoon were standing behind them. MingMing was standing at the edge of the room near the window, and the 96-liners were all sprawled out on the floor. It was a tight fit but they were all able to manage it.  

 

    "What's up Hyung?" Chan asked once everyone had settled down some. Seungcheol just sighed and shook his head at his brother. "Nothing bad Channie, I promise." He said. Seungcheol took a few moments to gather his thoughts and then cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. "As you all know it's been a very difficult past 6 months or so." Seungcheol said. Every head in the room nodded in agreement to that. "And now, we can finally put all of this behind us, and move on with our lives." He told them. "And I've decided that we're taking a break." He said. And everyone in the room gasped in shock at that. It was unheard of for them to go on a break. Seungcheol saw where this was going and quickly shook his head to bring everyone back into focus. "No, no/" Seungcheol said. "Not like that." He said. "I mean vacation, it's time that we all go on a very well deserved vacation." He said. And that seemed to calm down everyone for the most part. "I love you all, and I am very grateful to know you and work with you and consider you my family." He told them. "But are you getting a little sick of me?" He asked them. "Don't you guys want to go off on your own, or well break up into smaller groups and go out and travel around, and do the stuff that people in their 20's like this are supposed to do?" He asked them.  

 

     No one said anything for a couple of minutes, they were just pondering over what that meant. They've spent the past almost decade of their lives once everything is said and done with Seungcheol. Being in his crew and helping those who the law couldn't help or forgot about was what they did. It was sort of hard to picture taking a break from all of that and doing something else. "How long?" Jihoon asked. It was easy to tell that Seungcheol didn't discuss this with anyone until now with how shocked everyone is about this. "About 3 months or so." Seungcheol said. "Like the school vacations at the end of the year are." He said. "It gives us time to let the heat of everything with Kim, and the public happen and cool down some." He said. "And that would give us time to move out of here and find a new place to live that has not been compromised." He said. "And the biggest reason of all here, is that I think that you guys deserve it." He said. "I know that Doyoon, Dongjin, and Sammy all have normal lives to go back to after this." He said. "But I've seen how hard you guys have worked these past 6 months and you guys deserve a break." He said. "And it would give us time to figure things out, what with a baby on the way." He said. And Jeonghan rolled his eyes at that. And Joshua just laughed at him. 

 

  Everyone seemed to be on board with that idea. And that meant all that was left was Seungcheol's big surprise. "Alright." He said. "Now that's out of the way." He told him. He moved to get up, and motioned for Jeonghan and Joshua to scoot closer to one another. Both of them gave him a weird look, but complied with his request. He stood and looked around the room, and made eye contact with Jihoon. The younger just smirked at him and Seungcheol winked in response. Well, here goes nothing then. "I have something else that I need to do before you all go nuts with your vacation plans." He said. He turned to Jeonghan and Joshua, who were cuddled up with one another on the couch and smiled. "Ever since my mother left Channie and I when we were kids, I never thought that I could find love." He said. "In fact for the longest time I swore up and down that I would never get married." He told them. "Then I started this crew here and things began to change after that." He told them. Jeonghan and Joshua were giving him weird looks but Seungcheol just plowed on. "Yoon Jeonghan." Seungcheol said. Jeonghan jumped a little bit at the sound of his name but otherwise didn't react. "The day that I first met you, I really wanted to strangle you." He said. Jeonghan just smirked at him. "Tricking me into stealing a wallet for you was some first impression." He said. "But as Chan later told you and everyone here, the only reason why I did it was because I thought that you were attractive." He said. "It took me a while, but I realized that I thought of you as more than just a pretty face that I wanted to strangle." He said. "I thought of you as a pretty face, who was smart, and caring, that I loved." He said. "And I knew that I wanted to be with you forever." He told them. Then he turned to Joshua.  

 

   "Joshua Hong." Seungcheol said. Joshua just looked at him this time. "I know that our first meeting was just as memorable than that." He said. "If not somewhat traumatizing." He said. "Though I don't blame you, having to sew up a guy bleeding out from a stab wound to the gut is not something you see everyday, especially when it can get you fired, and possibly arrested." He said. "From that moment on, I have thought of you as the kindest and gentlest person that I have ever known." He said. "Though I know not to get on your bad side." He said with a chuckle. "And I admit that I thought that you were pretty cute too." He said. Joshua just blushed at that, and Jeonghan smacked him on the arm. "I know that the road that we all went on to get here as we are now, was a long, complicated, and obstacle heavy one." He said. "But I wouldn't change a single thing about it if it meant that the three of us would always be together all the time for the rest of our lives." He told them. He paused and took a deep breath, and took one last look at Jihoon, who gave him a thumbs up as a go ahead, he continued. "What I'm getting at here, is that I love you both." He told them. "I love you both so much that words do not begin to describe my feelings for you two." He told them. "And I know that I've put you both through it these past 6 months, but I hope you can forgive me for it." He said. "I want to make it up to you both." He said, and then moved to kneel on the floor. That was when everything seemed to click into place for Jeonghan and Joshua on the couch and everyone else around them. "I love you both." He said. "And I know that it's illegal pretty much everywhere around the world for us to do this." He told them. And that was when he pulled something out of his pants pocket. "But I'm still going to do it anyway, and at least makes us a family before the baby comes." He told them. "Yoon Jeonghan, and Hong Joshua." Seungcheol called. "Would you two do the honor of making me the happiest man on Earth by letting me 'marry' the both of you?" He asked them.   

 

     Jeonghan and Joshua didn't say anything for a couple of moments. Then once the shock wore off, and it clicked in their minds, the dams let loose. Jeonghan started crying, and launched himself at the elder. And Joshua was not that far behind him. "YES." They both told him, and then proceeded to cry on him. Seungcheol just laughed and hugged them back, crying himself. It was a good day. He was so happy that they said yes. Everyone in the room erupted around them in joy, and joined in on the group hug. And that was then that Seungcheol knew that things were going to turn around for them for the better. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

    Minghao was not going to lie, once everything was said and done, he was a little worried about their' Vacation' as Seungcheol had called it. He really didn't know what to do on one, and this was the first time that he would be alone with just Mingyu and himself, no one else. They had tried to convince Seokmin to come with them, but the eldest 97-liner had said that they had needed some alone time just the two of them and refused to go, no matter how hard Minghao begged. Though Seokmin was able to get him to stop when he pointed out that he, Seungkwan, and Joshua still had duties at the hospital that they had to attend to, and could not take off for the whole 3 months like everyone else could. So he was going to hang out around town with the 95-line, and go to work, and talk to that one girl he had a crush on at the hospital, Selena? No, Sabrina, no it was Serena, definitely Serena. He had confided in the younger that he was finally going to ask the other out on a date. Minghao was happy for him, he really was. If any of them deserved to be happy it was Seokmin. But he still couldn't help the feel of dread and anxiety pooling in his chest. 

 

     He had gone off on his own after Seungcheol made the announcement and every had gone off to make their plans for what they wanted to do during their time off. The young thief knew that he needed a minute or two to himself to be able to figure out what was going on inside of his mind. And he knew that he couldn't do that if he was in there with the rest of his members. He was so lost in thought that he didn't hear the bedroom door open and Mingyu walked in until the taller one was sitting right next to him. And that was just dumb luck that he happened to look up right when he was sitting down and saw a blur of color. (He really should have left his glasses on so that he could see.) He jumped, though once he realized that it was just Mingyu he calmed down a bit and just slapped his lover's arm. "OW!" Mingyu yelled. "What was that for?" He asked him. Minghao just glared at him. "You about gave me a heart attack you idiot!" He told him. "What are you doing here Gyu?" Minghao asked him once he had calmed down.  

 

    Mingyu pretended to be offended at that. "What can I not just come to just see my boyfriend and talk to him like a normal person?" He asked him. And Minghao just gave him a look at that. "Alright you win." Mingyu relented. "I saw that you snuck off early to be broody, and wanted to make sure that you were okay." He told him. Minghao felt a little bit annoyed at that. "I am not broody." He told Mingyu. The taller just gave him a look. "I'm not." Minghao argued. "I just came in here to think." He told him. "Okay then." Mingyu said. "What are you thinking about then?" He asked the younger. Minghao just shrugged his shoulders at him. "Just about stuff." He said. Mingyu just rolled his eyes at him. "Yeah, 'stuff'." The elder said. "And that is why you've locked yourself away from everyone in our room." He said. Minghao didn't answer him on that one. Mingyu just sighed and threw an arm around his boyfriend. "You know that you can tell me anything right?" Mingyu asked him. "You know that I love you, and I would never judge you for it." He told him. Minghao nodded his head at him. "I know that." Minghao told him. "And I love you too, and I trust you with my life." He told him. "It's just that I don't know what's wrong." He admitted quietly. "I don't know what's wrong and it's frustrating me." He told him. "That's why I snuck off to try and figure out what's wrong." He told him.  

 

     "Does this have anything to do with our vacation?" Mingyu asked him after a couple of moments of silence between the two of them. Minghao paused for a couple of seconds, trying to figure out if that was the answer or not. "Yes," He said then shook his head. "No." He said, then backpaddled again. "Maybe,.. I don't know." He finally said deciding on an answer. Mingyu just chuckled at him. "You're so adorable." Mingyu told him. Minghao scrunched his nose at him and smacked Mingyu on the arm. "Am not." He said. "So, in all seriousness." Mingyu said. "Is going on vacation what's bothering you?" He asked him. Minghao just nodded his head. "What's bothering you about going on vacation?" Mingyu asked him. "I thought that you would like a little bit of a break from this, especially so that you can recover fully." He told him. Minghao just shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know." Minghao told him. "I think I just hate change." He finally admitted it "I spent a good childhood for the most part with my mom." He said. "Then I spent years with the Agency." He said. "And then I've spent the rest of my life with you guys." He said. "And I know that this is only temporary, and that we're all coming back." Minghao said. "And I know that." He said. "But I just can't help but feel unsettled by it." Minghao said. "I hate change."  

 

     "That's okay." Mingyu told him. "Everyone is different, and I get where you're coming from." He said. "And I get that you're scared, sometimes change is scary, other times not so much." He said. "There's nothing wrong with that HaoHao." Mingyu said as he brushed a lock of hair behind the younger's ear. "But you got me, and the rest of the guys with you here." Mingyu said. "We are a family Minghao, we're your family."Mingyu told him. "And no matter what, we're going to be here for you whether you like it or not." He said. Minghao just looked at him, and smiled softly. " I love you," He said. Mingyu just smiled back at him, and kissed him. "I love you too." He said. "Now start packing Frog Boy." Mingyu said. "I got plans for us during down time and you're ditching me on them this time." He said. And all that Minghao did was laugh. Maybe change wasn't so bad afterall.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

   It was decided that Chan was going to spend two weeks with Seungkwan and Hansol in Jeju with the elder's family. And that was fine. It really was fine, there was nothing wrong with that. Chan was a big boy, he was an adult, he could take care of himself and make his own decisions. Hansol, and Seungkwan were good people, who loved Chan as their own little brother and would never let anything ever happen to him. Seungcheol knows that, he knows that very well. And he knew that both of the 98-liners would never let anything to ever happen to his baby brother. But that still didn't help his worry about it. Chan was his baby brother of course he was going to be worried about him, always.   

 

       He had told his worries to Joshua and Jeonghan and they both had just laughed at him. His two ‘finances’ said that he was overreacting like he always does when it comes to his little brother. They both told him that he had nothing to worry about. Joshua had told him that it was natural for him to be this worried about Chan. This was the first time ever since the younger had been born that they would be separated from each other for more than a couple of days at most. Of course he was going to have some separation anxiety about all of this. Seungcheol knew that was the logical answer, and that he really had nothing to worry about, but it still didn’t help his anxiety about letting his little brother out of his sight. But he would never tell Chan that he couldn't go to Jeju. He was starting to wonder if Seungkwan’s mother would mind another house guest when Jeonghan came and stood in front of him. The younger, for lack of a better word, still looked like death warmed over. He was pale, exhausted, with dark circles under his eyes. He looked a lot better than he did in the hospital thought, but the early stages of pregnancies were taking its toll on him. “Go and talk to him.” The younger one said. Seungcheol just looked at him like he had no idea what he was talking about. “Don’t play dumb with me Seungcheol.” He said. “Go and talk to Channie.” He said. “Tell him how you feel, and it will ease your worries.” He told him. “And if you don’t do it in the next 5 minutes I can and will puke on you.” He told him. And Seungcheol leaped up at that, he knew that it was not an empty threat and promptly left the room to go find his little brother to talk to him. Jeonghan did not make empty promises, or threats.   

 

    Seungcheol ended up finding his brother in the living room folding laundry? It was a little strange to say the least, especially since he knew that the younger had a hatred for doing laundry. It was always a fight beforehand to get the younger to do laundry before. “What are you doing Chan-ah?” Seungcheol asked as he came into the room. Chan whipped his head around and turned to look at his elder brother with a smile on his face. “Oh, hey Hyung.” Chan said. “I’m just folding laundry to pack.” He told him. “Alright who are you and what have you done with my little brother?” Seungcheol asked him. Chan just laughed at him, and motioned for the elder to take a seat next to him on the couch. “Nothing Hyung.” He told him. “I’m still me, but I need to pack, and I couldn’t convince anyone else to do it for me this time.” He said. Seungcheol just laughed at that. “Now that sounds more like you.” He told the younger one. And Chan just giggled at him. “Did you need something Hyung?” Chan asked. Seungcheol looked over at the younger, the kid was a lot more perceptive about stuff than people gave him credit for. “Nothing important.” He said. And Chan just gave him a look. 

 

   “Not that I mind you being here Hyung.” Chan said as he was folding more of his clothes. “But you’re my brother and I can tell when there’s something wrong with you.” He said. “So what’s up?” He asked the elder. Seungcheol just paused for a minute before he said anything. He didn’t want to upset Chan, but Jeonghan was right; this was going to eat him up inside if he didn’t do anything about it. “Are you okay?” He asked the younger. Chan stopped what he was doing and looked at his older brother. “Yeah, why?” He asked. Seungcheol just shook his head. “It’s nothing, just something stupid.” Seungcheol said. When Chan didn’t say anything he continued. “I’ve just been really worried about you going to Jeju.” He admitted. He saw Chan going to speak but cut him off. “Not because I don’t trust you or Sol, or Kwannie or anything, I’m just worried.” He told him. “I know that the three of you can take care of yourselves and each other without any problem.” Seungcheol said. “It’s just that you’re my baby brother and I love you, and for the longest time you were the only family that I had, and this will be the longest that we will ever be separated ever.” Seungcheol admitted. “See it’s stupid.” He said with a laugh. “It’s not stupid it it’s worrying you Hyung.” Chan said. “If it makes you feel any better I sort of feel the same way.” Chan said. “You do?” Seungcheol asked him. Chan just nodded his head. “Yeah, I know that you’re in good hands with Jeonghan-Hyung and Joshua-Hyung, but I feel the ‘this is the longest we will ever be separated from one another.’” He said. Seungcheol just started laughing at that. He was worried for nothing. “We’re a mess.” Seungcheol said as he leaned over and hugged his brother. “Yeah we are.” Chan said. “But it’s going to be okay, and we’ll see each other before we know it.” He said. “Yeah we will.” Seungcheol said. “The 1 month you’ll be gone will be no time at all since Seungkwan has to come back for school.” Seungcheol said. “It’s fine.”

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

        Seungkwan couldn't believe that he was saying this but he was very nervous. And no before you think of it, he’s not worried about going home to Jeju to see his mother and his sisters. He’s excited, which is the complete opposite in fact. He is really looking forward to introducing his blood family to some of the members of his new family. And he just knew that his mother was going to be all over Chan the whole entire time babying him worse than Jeonghan ever could. It had nothing to do with that at all. It was Hansol that he had the problem with, and that was an even bigger problem to him than before. 

 

   And don’t get him wrong he likes Hansol. He’s a kind, and caring person. Who is very smart, intelligent and empathic, even when he’s not sure what’s going on. He is Seungkwan’s best friend. And he’s also been in love with him for the past 2 and half years. Well actually it’s been 2 years, 5 month, 2 weeks, 5 days, 20 minutes, and 15, no 17 seconds. But who’s counting, certainly not him. Anyway the problem here is not that he doesn’t want to take Hansol home to meet his family, he does. It’s just that as soon as they step through the door his family is going to be all over them, and they can read him like a book. It’d take less than 5 minutes for them to realize his feelings, and then embarrass him in front of Hansol. Which would then cause the slightly younger one to never want to speak to him again and he would never be able to show his face in Seoul ever again. And he’d have to crawl into some dark little hole until he died. Which is the opposite of what he wants to happen. But he can never say no to Hansol, and after all it was his own idea to have him come home with him in the first place, so really it’s his own stupid fault. “Stupid.” He mutters to himself. “What’s stupid?” Seungkwan screamed.  

 

   He jumped out of his skin at the sound of someone behind him. Spinning around he came face to face with Hansol. What’s that old English saying that Johsua says all of the time? ‘Speak of the Devil and he shall appear?’ Yeah, he totally gets that now. After Seungkwan was able to calm himself down from his little contrary, he was pissed at Vernon. Dammit the man needs a bell at him. “What the Hell?” Seungkwan hissed at him. “A little warning next time, you almost gave me a heart attack!” He yelled. Hansol didn’t even flinch at him this time, he just laughed at him. “Sorry, I thought that you heard me coming.” He said. “What are you doing?” He asked as he walked into the room. Seungkwan was in the tiny laundry room in the bathroom washing clothes. Chan had already come in early to get his clothes once he realized that no one was going to do it for him this time. So now it was his turn, and he got a little bit distracted thinking. “Taking nudes pictures, what does it look like I’m doing?” Seungkwan asked him sarcastically. Hansol just looked at him. “I’m washing clothes Sol, did you need something?” He asked the younger. Hansol just shook his head at him. “No, not really, I was just looking forward to talking.” He said. “It’s not anything important.” He told him. For some reason Seungkwan really didn’t believe it, but he didn’t push it and let it go.  

 

      At some point Hansol ended up helping him wash and fold his laundry. Seungkwan didn’t ask him to do it, but he wasn’t going to turn down the free help either. So he just shut up and let Hansol help. The two of them were working in a comfortable silence for the next 20 minutes or so, before Hansol broke the silence. “So 2 years, 5 months 2 weeks 5 days, and I’m not sure about the rest now, huh?” He asked out of the blue. It took Seungkwan a couple of beats to hear exactly what Hansol said and let it sink in. And when it did, he felt like his heart had stopped beating. “What?” He asked him dumbly, and probably a little bit too loud in volume as well, but he didn't really care about that part right now. He was more freaked out about the fact that Hansol knew the exact date almost down to the second that he had been in love with him. Hansol just casually shrugged it off at him. “You know, that’s how long you’ve been in love with me.” He said. And Seungkwan really thought that he was going to have a heart attack any minute. How did he find out?  

 

   “How did you find out?” Seungkwan asked him in a choke voice. Again, Hansol just shrugged at him. “You tend to talk out loud a lot when you’re stressed and don’t realize it.” He told him. “And I was standing behind you a lot longer than you thought that I was.” He admitted. And Seungkwan really thought that he was going to die of embarrassment now. Where was Minghao and his nunchucks when he needed them? “And what about it?” Seungkwan asked casually after a few minutes of silence. He was trying to be careful here and was trying to gauge the situation here. Hansol just shrugged his shoulders at him. “What about it?” He asked with a small smile on his face. “You’ve been in love with me for years, and I just realized around the time that Jun-Hyung got shot that I wanted to kiss you.” He told him. And Seungkwan knew that his face was probably as read as a tomato at this point or redder, but he wasn’t going to pay any attention to that. “Wait, you want to kiss me?” Seungkwan asked him dumbstruck. He couldn’t believe it, never before did he ever think that Hansol would ever return his feelings for him romantically. Hansol just smiled at him, and leaned down and kissed the younger softly on the lips. It was chaste and quick, and Hansol’s lips were chapped, and rough but Seungkwan didn’t care. He’s been waiting years for this. “Does that answer your question?” The younger asked smugly. And if Seungkwan wasn’t so happy then he would have punched him. Maybe taking him home to meet his mother wouldn’t be so bad after all. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

 

         The whole entire 96-line were just sitting around in the office. They were supposed to be packing up all of their stuff to get ready to move again, but they were messing around instead. They played a lot of rounds of Go-Fish instead. Which wasn’t very productive, but very relaxing all the same. Though they were going to get it done, eventually, and as long as it got done soon, then what Seungcheol didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him. All four of them were just sitting around and enjoying each other’s company for once, and not having to worry about what was going on in the world around them, They could just be, and that was the end of it.  

 

   After Seungcheol had made the announcement that they were going on vacation, everyone sort of split up into groups or whatnot. With the reassurance that this wasn’t something permanent, and that they needed a break after everything that they have gone through in the past almost year, everyone got excited. Everyone broke off into their own groups to try and plan what they were going to do with all of their time off. Doyoon, Samuel, and Dongjin all had their own normal lives to return back to, so they didn’t get a vacation. Well, unless you count all of the time that they’ve spent here with the group, but that was more for their safety than anything else. Though they all knew that Seungcheol was going to let them come around them now and visit whenever they wanted to. Since trying to keep their distance from the former members almost ended up putting them in more danger than anything else Though they didn’t know anything about what MingMing was going to do. But Seungkwan, Hansol, and Chan were planning a trip to Jeju to meet Seungkwan’s family. They knew that Minghao and Mingyu were going to do something together, though they were probably going to try and drag Seokmin into some of their plans. And they knew that the 95-line were trying to find a new place for them to live, and they had the baby to worry about, along with Jeonghan, and Seungcheol recovering from their injuries. And that just left the 96-line by themselves.  

 

    “What are you guys going to do?” Soonyoung asked out of the blue. All four of them were just sitting around the office, toying, and playing around with one another while they were supposed to be packing. Jun and Jihoon were sitting next to each other at one of the desks just basking in the other’s presence. Wonwoo and Soonyoung were mirroring the other couple as well. Though Soonyoung was sitting in the younger’s lap. It didn’t take a genius to figure out when they had gotten together with one another. “What are you talking about?” Jun asked from where he picked his head up from resting on top of Jihoon’s head. “Doing what?” He asked. “Soon, means what are we going to do on our vacation.” Jihoon said. “Ah.” Jun said. “I don’t know.” He said with a shrug.  

 

            Soonyoung said to himself and turned to look at Wonwoo, who was being even more quiet than normal. The younger was watching his laptop screen, very intently, and Soonyoung could tell that whatever he was watching(Though he has a very good idea what it is.) was giving him a lot of trouble. Moving over in his lap, Soonyoung was able to look at the screen and saw that he was watching the news. More precisely, he was watching the news coverage of his parents. After they had gotten Kim arrested and leaked out all of his company’s information, and the rest of his dirty laundry to both the police and the media, it backfired in a lot of people’s faces. A lot of the wealthy people that Kim hung around with were being brought in for questioning, or to be charged with one felony or another. And Wonwoo’s parents were not exempt from that. Soonyoung knew that even though Wonwoo did not get along with his parents, thought that they were horrible people, and what they did was illegal, immoral, and wrong-they were still his parents and he loved them somewhat. So he could only imagine how hard he must be taking this, especially since he was the one who did it. Soonyoung hated to see his new boyfriend in any kind of pain, and wanted to try and figure out a way to make him feel better. Then an idea popped up into his head.  

 

       “I got it!” Soonyoung shouted with a snap of his fingers. He closed the lid of Wonwoo’s laptop, despite the younger’s protest. He then jumped up from his lover’s lap and spun around the room to grabbed Jihoon’s laptop. The other three were caught off guard enough that Soonyoung was able to take the computer and get away with all of his limbs attached. By the time Jihoon noticed what he did, Soonyoung was far enough out of his reach. “Hey, you moron, give me back my laptop!” The shorter shouted. “Not yet, Hoonie.” Soonyoung told him. “You guys don’t get your toys back until after I’ve told you all about my awesome new idea that I just came up with.” He told them with a pointed finger. “This out to be good.” He heard Wonwoo mutter. Soonyoung then politely flipped off his lover, and turned his attention back to the rest of the room. Jihoon was scowling at him, and Jun had a smile on his face, at least someone was interested in what he had to say. “How about we all go on vacation together?” Soonyoung asked. “Just the 4 of us.” He said. Everyone just paused and looked at him for a moment. Jun was the first one to say something. “That sounds awesome!” The eldest said. “Can we go to the beach? I want to go to the beach.” He said. Soonyoung just shrugged at him. “I don’t know Junnie, these two grumps have to go in on it too.” He said, pointing to the younger half of the 96-line. Both of the hackers just sat there and stared at Soonyoung like he was nuts.  

 

                   Jun turned around to Jihoon. He had pulled up his chair as close as he could get to the younger. He then leaned his head against the younger’s shoulders, and gave him his best puppy dog eyes. “Please Hoonie.” Jun begged. “Can we go to the beach?” He asked him. “I’ve never been to the beach before.” He said. Jihoon only looked at him for about 2 minutes before he caved in and relented to the elder’s request. “Fine.” He said. “But you can’t laugh at me when I inevitably end up turning as red as a lobster.” He said. “Deal!” Jun squealed and leaned over and kissed Jihoon on the mouth and then tackled the younger to the ground. Soonyoung then turns his attention back to his own man. “Wonu-ah.” Soonyoung said, trying to do his best aegyo impression as he went back to sitting in his lap. “Please.” He said when Wonwoo didn’t react. Soonyoung then leaned over and whispered into his ear so only Wonwoo could hear him. “I know that you’re upset because of what’s happening to your parents.” He whispered. “Don’t lie to me.” Soonyoung said. “But you did the right thing, and now you deserve to rest.” He told him. “Come on, this will be fun, just the four of us.” He said as he pulled away to address the rest of the room again. Everyone sat for a couple of moments, waiting on Wonwoo to do or say something. “Alright.” Wonwoo said. “The beach sounds nice.” He said. “Just no fish.” “Aww!” Jun said. “But I love fish!” And then the rest of them just started laughing at one another.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

         It felt like no time at all until the day came that they all had to say goodbye to one another. Everyone was happy to have a break, and get away for a while. But on the other hand, it is hard for people to be away from their family for long periods of time. Especially when they are as close with one another as their family is. So there was a bunch of apprehension in their expressions as well. Doyoon, Dongjin, and Samuel were all going to go back to their regular lives starting tomorrow. Doyoon, and Dongjin were going to drive back just the two of them today. Samuel was going to stay an extra day, and Seungcheol was going to bring the kid to his next shift at work. And you could tell that the two of them had some time to talk with one another, and work out their issues. Seungcheol had even offered for MingMing to stay a little bit longer until he was fully healed. And Doyoon had offered him a place to stay for a little bit. But MingMing had respectfully declined, and said that he would figure out everything on his own for a bit before he would try anything else. Though he did promise to stay in touch, and said that he would come visit once the baby was born, if they would let him. Jeonghan had stepped in and said that was fine, but he had to promise to keep in contact this time or else. And Jun backed him up on that threat. Even though the two Chinese member’s relationship was not like how it used to be, and probably will never be like that again, it was a lot better than it was before. MingMing just smiled at them, and promised it. 

 

         Moving onto the rest of the members. Seungkwan, Hansol, and Chan were going to Jeju for a couple of months, where they will spend some time with the eldest’s family. Then they were coming back to Seoul, so Seungkwan could attend class, and Hansol and Chan could just hang out and help around with moving and the baby. Seokmin had scored a date with Serena, so he was going to stay behind for a little bit for that. Then he was going to meet up with Mingyu and Minghao to hang out with just the three of them. Mingyu was in the mists of organizing one large gathering of all of the 97-line members in this business that he could find. (BamBam was still working on trying to get Chan to come with them-he’s too hesitant to leave his members unsupervised, plus the man’s a workaholic.(He told Mingyu that he and Yugyeom had a plan just to show up and toss the shorter in a sack like they used to as kids and go with it.)) Then it was back to school for him as well. Speaking of Minghao, and Mingyu, the taller man had a grand plan of whisking Minghao away for a romantic vacation in his family’s cabin in the woods. Plus, their plans with Seokmin, they were going to be away for most of those 3 months. The 96-line were going to the beach, per Jun’s request. Then they were going road tripping for the rest of the time, before they had to come back to Seoul(Soonyoung’s idea.). And that just left the 95-line, who were moving them out of Bangtan’s borrowed apartment, and into a new one that Seungcheol was currently scooping out, and getting ready for a ‘wedding’ and a baby. (Even though they couldn’t legally get married, after they all came back they were going to have a small ceremony anyway before the baby comes, Jihoon was getting ordained over the internet, but he just doesn’t know it yet.) 

 

    When it came time to say goodbye, it was rough on everyone. After all of the packing was done for the move, it made everything just seem so real to them. There were a lot of tears shed, and hugs given, but it felt good. Everyone hugged each other more than once, and it took twice as long to say goodbye as it was supposed to. A couple of groups almost ended up missing their rides to their respective vacations. It was a very emotional day for everyone, especially Jeonghan who spent the whole day either crying, or throwing up. But he blamed that on his messed up hormones, and dared anyone to try and correct him. But before they all knew it, everyone walked out the door one by one, until it was just Seungcheol, Jeonghan, and Joshua left. The three of them wrapped their arms around each other and looked out the window as they watched their members, their family leave their sights to go on vacation. It was bittersweet for them all, and hard for them to do. But they knew that it was for the best, and that they were always going to come back to them. That’s what family does, they stick together, and this time is no different.

 

        

  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

     3 months later.....   

 

     On a fairly vacant street, two cars were pulling up in front of a building. Though it was during the dead business hours that explained a lot. Out of one car stepped two men, one fairly tall, the other one even taller. They were laughing and joking with one another, and moved to the trunk to get everything unloaded. While the people that were getting out of the other car were a little bit more chaotic The driver of the car slowly got out of his seat, saw the other two waved, and then went to the trunk to unload. The one in the passenger seat lept out the door, and ran straight for the shorter of the two other males. “HaoHao!” He shouted. “I missed you!” He yelled in Mandarin, then promptly tackled the younger to the ground. The tallest of the three of them just stood there out of the way where it was safe and laughed. He got a glare from his boyfriend in return but he didn’t care at this point. Then the two passengers in the back seat came tumbling out of the car, in the midst of some form of a wrestling match. “Give up!” The shorter of the two yelled. “Never!” The other yelled even louder. They continued to struggle on the ground for the next couple of seconds before the guy that went to the trunk came back around and kicked the two of them in the side to break them apart. Once they were apart, the taller just stood there and sighed at them. He had been dealing with this for 3 months straight.  

 

             “Nice to see you Wonwoo-Hyung.” Mingyu said as he walked over to the elder. He had left Minghao to deal with a clingy Jun, knowing that nothing bad would happen with them. And Wonwoo was just letting Soonyoung and Jihoon suffer on the ground by themselves. “You too Gyu.” Wonwoo said as he stepped over the two bodies on the ground and went to hug the younger. “How was your vacation?” He asked. The taller pulled back and smiled at him. “It was okay, HaoHao, and I had fun.” He said with a smile. And Wonwoo could tell by the look on the younger’s face, and just nodded along. He did not need those details about the younger’s life. “What about you?” Mingyu asked him. Wonwoo just shrugged his shoulders, and pointed down at Jihoon and Soonyoung who were still on the ground. “Jun and I had fun, but we had to deal with this for 3 months.” He said gesturing to the two on the ground. Jihoon and Soonyoung just protested in return. Mingyu just stood there and laughed at them.  

 

      Mingyu and Wonwoo were able to get everyone off of the ground, and get their stuff unloaded from both of their vars. They both were texted directions to their new home that Seungcheol had found. All of them were excited to see where this new place was at, though looking at it now, they all were a little confused. They had all expected to come to the front of another apartment building. But before them was a bar? And a very weird one at that. Who the hell names their bar, the ‘Drunk Fish’? And that is exactly what Mingyu asked. “Who the hell names their bar, the ‘Drunk Fish’?” He asked. “That’s stupid.” He said. Everyone else just shrugged their shoulders at him. It didn’t look that bad to be honest. It was a very large and tall building. With what looked like a bunch of different levels to it. The building looked like it had just been recently painted, and that people were renovating the front of the bundling. It actually looked good, but the name was just so out there.  

 

       “Hyungs over here!” All 6 of them snapped to attention and turned their heads to where the noise was coming from. They saw Chan standing outside of one of the doors inside the buildings. He was waving and flagging them down, trying to get them to come to him. All 6 of them waved back to him, and grabbed their stuff and headed over. “Hey Channie!” They all greeted in unison. The maknae just smiled at them all, and went to open the door to let them all in. “Where are we going?” Soonyoung asked. “Hyung didn’t really tell us that much.” He said. Chan just smiled at that. “It was supposed to be a surprise.” The younger one said. “Well, this is a surprise.” Minghao said. “So which apartment is ours?” Jihoon asked. “All of them.” Chan said. And that stopped them all dead in their tracks. “What?!” They all asked as they paused in the lobby of the building. They were stuck waiting on the elevator to take them to their floor. “Technically our apartments are floors 2 to the second to last one.” Chan said. “Didn’t Hyung tell you, he bought the whole building.”  

 

    Once the elevator got there, Chan explained that Seungcheol had bought the old building from the guy who used to own the bar. He gave it to them for a deal as long as Seungcheol didn’t change the name of the bar for at least the first year. (“He had you in mind when he bought this building, Hyung.” Chan told Mingyu.) Seungcheol had it all figured out. They kept the bar as a bar. Then the first above ground floor, would be the entrance to the building from both the street level, and parking. The second level was to be their office to conduct their business from. Then all of the rest of the floors but the last one and the roof were their living spaces. It gave them room to grow and expand as a family. The last floor would be their training room, and the rooftop, Seungkwan was determined to turn into a garden paradise.  

 

       It didn’t take them that long to get to the 3rd floor. They all got off the elevator, and headed over to the first apartment door on the right. Seungcheol, and them have been working on improving the security of the old building, and making it to where everyone had their own space, and they all weren’t crammed right on top of each other. They even got help from Bangtan, TXT, their new recruited group Enhypen, GOT7, and Stray Kids to help with the renovations. It looked good here, they did a lot of work already, but there was still a lot left to do. And they were scrambling to get most of the stuff done before the baby got here. Jeonghan had refused to have his baby live in the middle of this mess. Chan went and unlocked the door for them, and from there all hell broke loose.  

 

    “We’re back!” Chan yelled as he stepped through the door. The rest of them were following him close behind. They heard footsteps running towards them. And in a matter of seconds the rest of the members were all gathered in front of them. “You’re back!” Seokmin and Seungkwan said as they pounced on the returned members to give them hugs. Once the two of them were done, and had tried to drag Soonyoung off to who knows what. Luckily Seungcheol was able to get BooSeokSoon back under control. Then Hansol took his turn and went through and hugged them all. Joshua came up and said high, and he and Seungcheol went through and hugged them all as well. That just left Jeonghan. The second-eldest had stepped out from where he was standing behind Seungcheol, and everyone was shocked beyond belief. The elder looked a lot better than he did the last time that anyone had seen him. His black eye and bruises were gone, and he had some color back into his skin. His hair was a lot longer, and darker than the last time that they saw him. He gained a lot of weight as well. It was kind of hard to tell that he was pregnant to be honest here, though that was probably because he was wearing one of Seungcheol’s shirts. Though it was a little bit concerning since the elder was almost 6 months along. Jeonghan went and hugged each one of them indiuvally, and he only cried a couple of times.  

 

         Later that night found all 13 of them gathered around their living room, eating, talking, and catching up. Once they had gotten Jeonghan to pull up his shirt, it was easy to tell that Jeonghan was heavily pregnant. Though he was on the smaller side, Joshua said that it was normal for first time pregnancies, especially in men. They talked about improving the building, and bar, hopefully making this their forever home. And they could be somewhat legit.Seungcheol was making it to where Mingyu could pretty much run the place, which made the taller very excited. And they already had a couple of small-time cases lined up for them to start on as well. Everything was starting to go back to normal. And it made all of them very happy. It was good to be back.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

 

   6 months later... (3 months from the last time skip.) 

 

    The next three months had flown by really fast. As time went on, they made more progress on renovating their new headquarters and business. They had helped 6 different clients, and even more were pouring in on them. They had started working together more with some of the other groups, and were pooling their resources together. It was good for once to know that they had more backup than just each other. Jeonghan was getting further along everyday as they spoke. And the baby, a little girl was coming along just fine. The 95-line even had their ‘wedding’ on the rooftop garden that Seungkwan had just started for that sole purpose. It was a very beautiful affair. They all looked nice in their suits that they wore for the occasion, even Jeonghan who was almost 6 months pregnant at the time. Everything was finally going back to normal, and things were looking up for them all, which hasn’t happened in a long time.  

 

     Though as the old saying goes all good things must come to an end. And when it comes to SEVENTEEN stuff like that usually doesn’t last long. They were working on a mission at this point. It was a simple B&E. They were breaking into a scumbag contractor’s firm to steal his records and blueprints. They had been contacted by one of the former employees from their and their attorney. The contractor was dirty, and cheap. The firm was cutting corners, and if any of their plans were actually built then they were in great danger of falling on everyone’s head. So all that they had to do was get in, find the stuff and get out. Which was a fairly simple mission, considering everything that they had to do in the past. The company had crap security too! This thing was a breeze. Though none of them knew that the most difficult part of the night had nothing to do at all with their mission.  

 

      It was a fairly simple mission, so they didn’t need all of their members. Seungcheol took Soonyoung, Chan, Wonwoo, Hansol, and even Jun with him. He had sent the youngsters into the building to get what they needed, while Jihoon ran things from back at the bar, where everyone else was. Jeonghan was on maternity leave, and had been for months, and now he was on strict bed rest from Joshua. Said med-student was now on paternity leave, after telling his supervisor(Solar) the news of Jeonghan’s pregnancy.(Seungcheol was supposed to be too, and he wanted to put off taking any more cases, but this lady was desperate, and Jeonghan had walked into the office during the meeting and made him take it after she left.) So that was how he wound up on another mission. Seungkwan and Seokmin didn’t have that luxury and were working the night shift again. Jihoon was on monitors. Mingyu was downstairs running the bar, with Minghao at his side. The younger thief wasn’t really feeling all that well this past week, so he had to stay home. But he was bored so he went to bug Mingyu while he was working. Nothing was out of the ordinary, until it was.  

 

            Jeonghan was in their room asleep, he was close to the due date, and he was tired all the time, even more so than usual. So he was asleep in hopes that it will help him rest up enough for delivery. Everyone else that was not on the mission was giving him some space in the office monitoring. It was a fairly quiet night, not a whole lot happening. Seungcheol had just given them the all clear signal meaning that they were almost done when it happened. All of their phones went off at once, in one long, oud ‘ping’ sound. Everyone, wondering what it was, went to pick up the phone to read the messages on it.  

 

Family Chat:

Jeonghan: Hey, sorry to interrupt the party everyone, but I’m in labor, and could use some help over here.

      Everyone read that, and it took a couple of minutes for it all to sink in. And when it did, things got hectic.

Seungcheol: WHAT ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      And that is when it sunk in for Joshua, and he took off towards the bedroom where his pregnant lover was. “Hannie!” Joshua yelled as he ran into the room. He saw the elder sitting up, propped up against some pillows, with both hands on his stomach. He looked to be in pain, and Joshua immediately rushed over to him. “What’s wrong?” He asked. “Are you sure that you’re in labor?” He asked him again. Jeonghan didn’t answer for a couple of minutes. And Joshua waited in an agonizing silence for a response. After a while Jeonghan was able to speak. “Yes.” He gasped out. “My stomach’s hurt all day, and I just thought that it was nothing, but it hasn’t gone away.” He told Joshua. “I think that it’s time.” He said. Joshua immediately nodded his head, and rushed to help his pregnant lover up. Luckily, they’ve had the hospital bags packed for months. And they have had the nursery ready. All that they needed to do was to go to the hospital and have the baby. Which is what’s happening now.  

 

    Joshua helped the elder get up from the bed, and the two of them made their way to the office where everyone else was. Jihoon, looked at them like they had two heads each. And somehow Minghao, and Mingyu were up there as well. “Is it time Hyung?” Mingyu asked them. Joshua just nodded his head as Jeonghan had another contraction. “They’re getting closer.” He said. Joshua looked at the other 3 present in the room with them. Then he started to bark out orders. Jihoon was to make sure that they got out of the mission alright and keep Seungcheol calm. Minghao was their information relayer. And Mingyu was sent to go get the car. They had practiced how this was going to go due to Seungcheol’s insurance. So it didn’t take that long to get Jeonghan in the car, and them off to the hospital.  

 

   Minghao: We’ve got Hyung in the car, leaving for the hospital now. Joshua-Hyung says for you guys to meet us there. And to let Chan-ah drive.

Seungcheol: What’s wrong? Is it labor, or complications? How’s Jeonghan? Is he in pain? I hope he’s not in pain. You guys have everything right? Do you need us to bring anything? You’re going to the same hospital right? Tell them I love them. What do you mean Chan has to drive?...

Hansol: Sorry, I had to take his phone. Thanks for the infor Hyung. We’ve got everything and we’ll see you at the hospital in about 15-20 minutes. We’re trying to get Seungcheol-Hyung to switch seats with Channie. Tell Jeonghan-Hyung that I hope that he feels better!

Seungkwan-ah: I’ve given Solar-Noona and Byul-Noona a head’s up. They’ll be ready and waiting along with Seok-Hyung and I. We’ve already filled out Hyung’s paperwork. And you guys better hurry, Seokmin-Hyung’s about ready to pass out.

Jun: That’s nice. Seungcheol-Hyung’s not that far behind them. Has anyone contacted Ming, Bangtan and them yet? They said that they wanted to be here for it, and Hyung’s mom and sister, and Joshua’s mom?

Minghao: Yes, yes, and working on it. I’m the info relayer, and there’s too many people to talk to! Almost to the hospital, Hyung’s contractions are about 6 minutes apart. He threw up some, but it wasn’t a lot since he hasn’t eaten a whole lot today. Joshua-Hyung says that’s normal.

Jun: Seungcheol-Hyung says that he loves them, and he’s worried. He’s mad that we won’t give him back his phone, and he’s vibrating in his seat. We’re almost to the hospital, Channie’s flooring it. He’s had one to many driving lessons from you.

Minghao:F*** you Ge. I’m a great driver.  

 

  By the time that Seungcheol and them got there, there were already a lot of people there. All of Bangtan, TXT, and their new group Enhypen. And they brought in Suga and jhope's baby son Woobin with them as well. And it looked like one of the members of TXT were pregnant was well, Yeonjun was it? NU’EST was there as well as MingMing, Jeonghan’s Mom, and sister, Joshua’s mother was still in LA, but they had her on the phone with them. Doyoon had come and he had gone and brought Dongjin, and Samuel as well as his boss Yeji, who is now Chan's girlfreind(Long story.). GOT7 and Stray Kids were there as well as Hwasa, and Wheein, and Irene. Needless to say that they had a full house going. When Seungcheol had stepped foot through the doors, Seungkwan and Seokmin had greeted him. Seungkwan had taken Seungcheol to go and get scrubbed for delivery. And Seokmin took everyone to the waiting room where everyone else was. Then all that was left was to play the waiting game.     

 

   12 pain painstakingly hours later, it was all said and done. Everyone in the waiting room was on the edge of their seats when Joshua and Seungcheol walked out of the room. Both of them had manic grins on their faces, and were bouncing in place. Everyone gathered around the two of them, anxious and excited for the news. They were almost immediately bombarded with questions.”How’s Hyung?” “Where is she?” “How’s my son?” “Is Oppa okay?” “How’s the baby?” “Hyung, or the actual baby?” “Shut up Soonyoung!” “Are they alright?” “How cute is she?” “Are they both alright?” “Can we see them?” And so on. Seungcheol in his normal leader voice was able to rein everyone in. “Thank you all for being here, and showing your concern.” He said. “Hannie and the baby are fine.” He said. He then turned to look at Joshua. “Well Doctor Hong?” He asked the younger. Joshua playfully rolled his eyes at him. “They’re okay, and you can see them but in small numbers for very short amounts of time.” Joshua said. “Her shoulders were very wide, so they had to do a C-Section.” He said. “Jeonghan’s fine, just hopped up on drugs, and a little out of it.” He said. “Now who’s ready to meet the baby.” He said. Everyone got excited at that. They all must have looked like a sight walking down the halls in the maternity ward, but no one really cared at the moment. It took them all about 10 minutes to walk down the hall and crowd into Jeonghan’s hospital room. And there they were. Jeonghan was sitting up in bed, holding a bundle of pink blankets. He looked exhausted, but other than that he looked okay. He smiled as he saw them walk through the door. “Hey.” He said in a soft voice. “Thank you all for coming.” He whispered. He then shifted the bundle in his arms when Seungcheol, and Joshua came in and took the spots beside his bed that Solar and Moonbyul were occupying. “Meet our daughter, Choi Jisso.” Jeonghan said. Everyone cooed at the cute little baby in his arms. She was the most adorable bay that any of them had ever seen, though that probably has something to do with the fact that they all were a little bit biased. And she looked exactly like Jeonghan. It was a hard road for all of them to get where they are now. But it was worth it, and not a single one of them would change a thing about their journey to this point. They were a family, one big happy family, all 13, now 14 of them and then some.They were SEVENTEEN, and they stuck together and made it through all of the hard stuff together. And now they finally get their happy ending.

THE END 

Notes:

Thank you all again, an dI hope that you liked it! Now I'm off back to Voltron!
-N.