Actions

Work Header

My Feeling Are True, I Really Really Love You

Summary:

Beetlejuice accidentally creates a friend, much to everyone’s dismay.

Notes:

The Spongebob Musical was the first musical I ever saw, and I’m seeing Beetlejuice over my winter break, so why not write a crossover.

Chapter 1: Prologue (or B.J. does a bad thing...again)

Chapter Text

“So, lemme get this straight, you telling me you can turn that sponge in your hand into a pencil?”

Beetlejuice nodded, ecstatic to show his best friend one of his favorite tricks. “You betcha!”

Lydia scoffed. “Alright, let’s see it.”

“On the count of three!” The demon grinned. “One...”

Silence.

“You’re supposed to say two.”

“Oh, sorry.” Lydia apologized. “Two...”

As the word slipped out of the photographer’s mouth, Beetlejuice let the sponge hover a few inches above his hand, looking like he was successfully rigging the lottery.

“THREE!”

He snapped his fingers.

In the blink of an eye, the sponge was gone.

And in it’s place was a small boy with ginger hair and freckles, sporting a yellow t-shirt and brown plaid slacks. He hit the ground with a yelp.

Lydia’s jaw practically hit the ground, and Beetlejuice looked euphoric as the boy opened his mouth to speak.

“Ouch...” He looked up at the duo, and his face went from hurt to excited. “Oh, hi!” He grinned, waving at his new friends.

“Oh my god, this is AMAZING!” Beetlejuice immediately pulled the redhead into a hug. “I love you already!”

“Awww, I love you too!” The short boy returned the hug until the demon was pulled off of him by Lydia.

“Excuse me, but can we have a minute?” She asked.

“Sure!”

“Thanks.” The girl pulled her friend to the side.
“What the HELL?!” She whispered-shouted.

“Sorry.” Beetlejuice replied. “But look at him! He’s like an adorable little kid!”

Lydia glanced at the boy before turning back to Beetlejuice, still looking just as unamused as before. “Fine, but we need to figure out what to do with him.”

The green-haired man’s eyes lit up. “Thank you!”

In an instant, he was back over to the kid. “Do you have a name?”

“Um...” The redhead tapped his finger against his chin. “No, I don’t think so.”

“Don’t sweat it! I’m GREAT at names!” Beetlejuice responded. “Hmm, let’s see.”

He thought harder than he had ever before. His new friend needed a good name, one that wasn’t too fancy, but not downright awful. Something that fit him and of course, something that he’d like.

Then, he got it.

“How about Spongebob?”

The boy’s entire face lit up. “I love it.”

“Alrighty, Spongebob it is!”

And thus, Spongebob was welcomed into the strange and unusual family.