Chapter 1: Dick Grayson Q's 1
This chapter does have a few mentions of Dick's canonical rapes, as well as a few questions that are NSFW (under the section Love)
Basic Character Questions
- First name? Richard
- Surname? Grayson
- Middle names? John
- Nicknames? Dick, Dickie, Grayson, Robin, Nightwing, Batman, Master Dick, Brother, Chum, Boy Wonder, Birdbrain, Big Bird, Dickiebird
- Date of birth? March 21st, 1990
- Age? 29
Physical / Appearance
- Height? 5’6”
- Weight? 150 lbs
- Build? Mesomorph
- Hair color? Dark brown
- Hair style? Short-ish. Fluffy.
- Eye color? Blue
- Eye Shape? Hooded
- Glasses or contact lenses? No, not unless it’s for a disguise
- Distinguishing facial features? Cheekbones, eyebrows, eyes
- Which facial feature is most prominent? Cheekbones
- Which bodily feature is most prominent? Ass
- Other distinguishing features? Thicc arms, pretty & fluffy hair, a few small scars on his face
- Skin? 10 on the chart. Pretty good otherwise, not much acne especially once he gets older
- Hands? Rough palms from years of hard work, thin but strong fingers
- Make up? Wears it to cover bruises and such, otherwise only uses it while in disguise (and sometimes when he goes out at night, he’ll wear eyeliner)
- Scars? LOTS of scars. Ones from the many beatings he’s taken, ones from surgeries, ones from stabbings and slashes, ones from being shot, etc
- Birthmarks? Not really. He does have a few freckles and such, including a spot on his hip
- Tattoos? He has a secret ones of a robin on the inside of his thigh, pretty high up. It’s very small and placed there so no one can see it if his suit gets ripped up, but he knows it’s there and he likes the feelings attached to it (rebellion, secrets, family)
- Type of clothes? He likes clothes that are a closer fit. High waisted pants, usually not jeans, and sometimes leather. Button down shirts or t-shirts. Has lots of hoodies and some sweaters, which he’s more okay with hanging off his body. From time to time, he likes to wear more revealing stuff, like fishnet stockings and mesh shirts.The more colors the better
- How do they wear their clothes? Wears belts. If he’s wearing a button-up, the top one(s) are undone. Most of his shirts, be they t-shirts or button-ups, get tucked in. He likes to roll his sleeves up unless it’s super cold out. Always wears a watch no matter if it fits the outfit or not because it was a present from Alfred
- What are their feet like? (type of shoes, state of shoes, socks, feet, pristine, dirty, worn, etc) Wears socks a lot, usually plain black ankle length ones, though will never turn down specialized/cutesy socks. They’re worn but not falling apart. He has all sorts of shoes but mostly wears sneakers and loafers, boots and his Robin/Nightwing/Batman shoes. They’re all well taken care of
- Race / Ethnicity? Roma, not white basically
- Tendency to mumble or mutter to himself
- Sometimes fills silences (especially awkward ones) with quips to amuse himself
- Tilts head in thought
- Bobs head while listening to music
- Grinds teeth when angry
- Clenches jaw in tense moments
- Purses lips
- Clicks tongue
- Glances sideways
- Tendency to wink when teasing
- Has thousand-yard stare
- Can maintain eye contact but usually doesn’t unless he’s angry/upset or the person demands respect
- Rolls eyes
- Narrows eyes
- Points and jabs air when leading his teams and otherwise superhero-ing
- Pinches bridge of the nose (from Bruce)
- Clenches his hands into fists when upset
- Runs a hand through his hair
- Stands with hands in pockets while civilian
- Traces scars on his hands
- Passes hand over face when tired
- Broad stance when standing
- Crosses arms while superhero-ing
- Crosses legs when sitting while civilian
- Shifts weight from one foot to the other
- Takes quick strides unless purposefully being slow
- Chews on tips of pens and pencils
- Plays with watch
- Twirls pens and pencils
- Tips chair back while sitting
- Leans against wall while talking
- Are they in good health? He’s in very good health. He eats a good diet and works out every night pretty much, though he’s been hurt a lot. Suffers from long-term effects from toxins like Joker’s and Scarecrow’s. Has some physical trauma because of that.
- What words or phrases do they overuse? “Hrn” from Bruce. “Shit!”, “Piece of cake.”, etc
- Do they have a catch phrase? No????? Maybe “Holy [noun], Batman!”
- Are they more optimistic or pessimistic? His first thought is pessimistic, but he tries to be optimistic for the sake of his own mental health
- Are they introverted or extroverted? Extroverted!!! He does enjoy some time alone but almost always prefers to have someone around in some capacity
- Do they ever put on airs? Yes, but only when in disguise or when he’s teasing and doesn’t actually mean it
What bad habits do they have?
- Waits to do chores until the last second, especially laundry
- Leaves dirty clothes on the floor all the time
- Argues a lot & can lose his temper easily, especially if he’s stressed out
- Bottles emotions
- Eats irregularly
- Can hold grudges
- Inability to sit still
- Lies often (mostly to civilian friends)
- Hides health issues
- Stress/emotional eating
- What makes them laugh out loud? When his siblings mock/prank Bruce, when other heroes are scared of Batman, cute videos of animals and babies doing funny things, memes about dark things (of the gallows variety), when those around him get proved wrong in humorous situations
- How do they display affection? He tells people he’s proud of them, that he loves them. He reaches out to people when he’s worried about them, and is usually a good listener when people talk to him. He hugs and cuddles people, squeezes their shoulders, holds hands. He gives gifts, especially to his family members and lovers
- What is their primary love language? Physical touch
How do they want to be seen by others?
- As Dick Grayson, wants to be seen as a good, kind person who works diligently and sticks to his morals. Wants to be trustworthy and funny, someone that can be relied on.
- As Robin/Nightwing/Batman, wants to be seen as a protector who is quick to jokes but is ultimately serious and unbending. Wants to seem trustworthy and reliable, someone to like rather than someone to fear, unless you’re a bad guy, in which case he wants to be seen as a guardian of his city and defender of justice and the innocent. Definitely wants to be feared by bad guys.
- As a son/brother/partner, wants to be seen as someone that can be turned to, a source of love and affection that is unwavering.
- How do they see themselves? He hates himself. Believes he’s guilty of all sorts of things (like murder, not being a good enough son/brother/partner, being unsupportive to the people in his life, not doing enough to save the city), finds himself hard to love in any capacity. Thinks he’s ineffective at times, too mean when he gets angry, impulsive and stupid
- How are they seen by others? A kind, generous man who is prone to fits of anger. Can be very violent with bad guys, and isn’t afraid to speak his mind or stand up to those others wouldn’t want to stand up to. Great leader who bottles his emotions up and refuses to acknowledge them, even while attempting to get others to open up. Extremely brave, often to a degree that is ridiculous or worrying
- Strongest character traits? Stubborn, loving, intrepid, encouraging, amiable, dangerous
- Do they make snap judgments or take time to consider? It’s much more common for him to consider things before he does/says/assumes them, though there are times when he’s quick to action/thought and doesn’t bother to think it through (especially when he’s upset)
How do they react to praise?
- Coming from Bruce, he likes it and internalizes it but can also feel resistant to it at times, especially if the praise is backhanded. Mostly he just likes hearing it and it makes him feel happy. He’ll tease Bruce about it maybe.
- Coming from other adults like Alfred, Clark, Diana, etc, it feels really good and it makes him happy that these people he looks up to so much think so highly of him.
- Coming from friends and siblings, he smiles and thanks them, or ignores it to some degree. He might think it’s just teasing and not real, or try and turn it back on them to avoid it.
How do they react to criticism?
- Coming from Bruce, he’s prone to anger. He doesn’t like Bruce to criticize him at all and won’t listen to/believe whatever it is, unless he already knows the issues, in which case he might feel guilt and regret (and like he’s disappointed his dad).
- Coming from other adults like Alfred, Clark, Diana, etc, he’s much more likely to take it better and attempt to fix the thing with less angsting.
- Coming from his siblings and friends, he’s liable to either reaction.
- What is their greatest fear? Losing Bruce’s love and respect. Being reviled and hated, turned on by his loved ones. Being alone. His life and all the efforts he’s made to better the world meaning/amounting to nothing
- What are their biggest secrets? His rapes, the death of Blockbuster, the death of Joker maybe?
- What is their philosophy of life? “A bird is safe in its nest - but that is not what its wings are made for.”— Amit Ray, World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird
- When was the last time they cried? When alone, he cries when he’s stressed and just has to get it out. He prefers to cry in the shower but always seems to end up having to rub tears out of his eyes when he’s sitting at a table/counter/desk with tons of responsibilities pressing down on him. When with others, he doesn’t cry often, usually only when an ally has died or the world is crashing and burning down around him/them
- What haunts them? Jason’s death. The crimes committed and people killed on nights when he can’t patrol. The deaths of his teammates and friends. How he’s left things with people like Bruce and Kory
- What will they stand up for? Human rights, justice, innocent beings, his family members
- Who do they quote? Vines. Movies and TV shows, especially The Office and Friends and such
- Are they indoorsy or outdoorsy? Outdoorsy but prefers cities over nature. He’s good in both though
- What is their sinful little habit? Breaking his diet to stress eat
- What sense do they most rely on? Sight, but he relies on all of his senses as much as he can and all of them are well developed. He also relies heavily on his gut feelings
- What quality do they most value in a friend? Honesty or loyalty
- What do they consider an overrated virtue? Chastity
- If they could change one thing about themselves, what would it be? He would change whatever part of him feels lacking at the time he’s asked (it changes a lot)
- What is their obsession? Being in control
What are their pet peeves?
- People who are inconsiderate of others, especially in public settings
- Privileged people who whine about their lives being hard
- People who constantly interrupt him
- Being called a boy even though he’s a grown man
- When people are misogynistic/misandristic/LGBT-phobic/racist/ableist/etc
- When people leave his door open after they leave
- When strangers stand really close by
Friends and Family
- Is their family big or small? Who does it consist of? Very big. He has his biological family of John and Mary Grayson, both of whom have passed. He also has his grandfather figure Alfred Pennyworth, adopted father Bruce Wayne, and adopted siblings Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Tim Drake, Duke Thomas, and Damian Wayne. Also included are adopted cousin Kate Kane, extended aunts and uncles from the Justice League—Clark and Lois, Diana, Barry and Iris, Hal, Arthur and Mera, Oliver and Dinah, etc—and Damian’s many pets—Titus, Alfred, Batcow, Jerry—and Bruce’s dog, Ace. He also sees his friends as family, especially the (Teen) Titans
- What is their perception of family? He sees family as extremely important. Family and the bonds made from it are things he cherishes, though he also knows that it’s not perfect and never can be. He believes a life without family of some kind is hardly a life at all, and would give his life for his family members. As far as he’s concerned, it’s better to work through issues than just let everything fall apart, no matter how difficult it is
- Do they have siblings? Older or younger? Yes, five, all younger than himself
- Describe their best friend. Donna.
- Ideal best friend? …Donna
- Describe their other friends. Roy, Wally, Garth, Kory, Vic, Rachel, Gar, etc. Good people, hard working heroes who are dependable and badass
- Describe their acquaintances. Coworkers both at his civilian jobs and in the superhero game, the people who live in his building, the people who work at the coffee shop he frequents
- Do they have any pets? No, he’s too busy to take care of any kind of animal
- Who are their natural allies? Batfamily members, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice Leaguers
- Who are their surprising allies? People who have killed before or kill now, mostly because of Batman’s stance on killing. People think he’s as against it as B is, and are surprised to find out that’s not the truth
Past and Future
What was your character like as a baby? As a child?
- As a baby, he was clingy, always looking for attention and affection from his parents and other circus family members. He didn’t cry often, not even when he got hurt (such as when he got shots). He sucked on his thumb sometimes but vastly preferred binkies. He smiled a lot.
- As a child, he was extroverted and friendly, enjoyed entertaining himself and others with acrobatic tricks, and felt strongly about certain topics—such as food, toys, shows, and later, crime. He felt his emotions very strongly but attempted to hide them for as long as he could, especially around Bruce. He had nightmares often and would always end up in his parents’ or Bruce’s bed for cuddles. His most prized possession at the time was the stuffed elephant based on his friend from the circus, Zitka.
- Did they grow up rich or poor? First, he grew up relatively poor, but closer to middle class than not. He lived in a trailer for 8 years with his parents, traveling the world as part of Haly’s Circus. They did get good revenue but much of the money went back to the circus. Then, once they died, he lived in some shitty parts of Gotham for a while—specifically a juvenile detention center, then an orphanage—before eventually being brought to Wayne Manor. He spent the next ten years of his life there, growing up with extreme wealth at his disposal, though he tried hard not to abuse the privilege
- Did they grow up nurtured or neglected? He was nurtured. Sometimes there was emotional neglect from Bruce, but mostly, Bruce and Alfred nurtured him
- What is the most offensive thing they ever said? He said once to Barbara (of the Oracle variety), “Don’t make me regret installing an elevator.” or something to that effect because he was upset with her
- What is their greatest achievement? Others would say the extremely large impact he’s had on the world (and crime in Gotham and Blüdhaven) just by being Robin/Nightwing/Batman, but he would say helping Damian be more of a child and feel safe enough to be that way
- What was their first kiss like? It was with Roy, and it was messy and fumbling, they didn’t know what they were doing, but he looks back on it fondly
- What are their ambitions? He wants to have a loving family, both one of his own and the one of his siblings, Bruce, Kate, and Alfred. He wants to make the world a better place and save as many people as he can. He wants to be the best person he can be.
- What advice would they give their younger self? “Fucking COMMUNICATE with people!!!! It won’t kill you!!!!”
- What smells remind them of their childhood? Popcorn, animal habitats, flowers, Bruce’s cologne, baking cookies, gasoline, blood, ammonia, ozone
- What was their childhood ambition? To save the world
- What is their best childhood memory? There was a night that crime was slow, basically nothing was happening. It was a Friday, and he didn’t have school the next day, so he was allowed to stay out as long as he wanted. It was a clear night, the smog not too bad, and he and Bruce were on good terms. They flew around town and enjoyed the air, the weather, and they ended up sitting on a roof that overlooked Robinson Park, newly renamed and dedicated to Robin (to Dick). He said to Bruce, “It feels…weird that they named a park after me. I don’t know if I deserve that.” And Bruce said, “You do deserve it. You’re a savior, chum. I’m… I’m proud of you.” And it just felt really nice to hear that. He smiled and didn’t bother to hide it, and when he said, “Thanks,” it came out a lot quieter than he intended. But his heart was beating really strongly and he was happier than he’d been in days. “Thanks, B.”
- What is their worst childhood memory? His parents fucking dying
- Did they have an imaginary childhood friend? Not really. 0-8, he had enough friends around the circus that any imaginary friends he made up didn’t stick around long. 8+, he was too traumatized (and then too busy) to have one other than Zitka
- What past act are they most ashamed of? Not being there for Jason to the degree he believes was “enough”
- What past act are they most proud of? Helping rehabilitate Damian, and giving the child an adult he could trust and love who wouldn’t abuse him
- Has anyone ever saved their life? Yes, many times. Bruce has more than anyone, but so have many other heroes he’s worked with
- Strongest childhood memory? His parents fucking dying
- Do they believe in love at first sight? Not really. He thinks there can definitely be attraction and interest at first sight, but he’s too guarded to love at first sight. He’s much more open to the idea, however, than his siblings are
- Are they in a relationship? Yes, with Kory
- How do they behave in a relationship? He often puts his superhero-ing before his relationships, which means he can come off like a real asshole. He’s attentive and faithful, but yes, superhero-ing comes first. Not one for casual relationships, he also generally doesn’t just get with people—most of his partners are friends first, then they get together. He has a lot of secrets he has to keep, so he prefers to be with people who already know he’s a superhero.
- When did your character last have sex? He masturbates whenever he gets the chance, which is less often than he’d probably like. Sex is even less common, even when he’s in a relationship, though what he and Kory have—they’d both consider it a healthy amount. It’s probably been a while
- What sort of sex do they have? Dick is interested in all kinds of sex—he tops, bottoms, doms and subs. It just depends on the day and partner that decides which one he does
- Has your character ever been in love? Yes, 4 times
- Have they ever had their heart broken? Yes, when his past relationships were broken off
- What is their sexuality? Bisexual, demisexual
- Who are their partners, past and present? Roy, Joey, Shawn, Kory
- How do they respond to a threat? In most cases, he’s amused. He’s aware that whoever is threatening him isn’t as badass as he is, aware that he’s more than capable of winning fights, and he just finds it funny. He might even laugh. In other cases, if he’s particularly stressed or the person is Slade or someone like him, it’ll just piss him off. He’ll clench his jaw and be defensive, take it seriously and wait to be attacked, then fight back
- Are they most likely to fight with their fists or their tongue? He prefers to use his words, but has no qualms whatsoever about using his fists. With some people, he skips the talking and goes straight to physical fighting. Mostly he does both at the same time
- What is your character’s kryptonite? Maybe harm being brought to his family members and to children? He doesn’t have many weaknesses really
- If your character could only save one thing from their burning house, what would it be? Flying Graysons poster
- How do they perceive strangers? He sees strangers as blank slates. They can become friends or enemies, they can be good or bad or something in between. Some strangers that remind him of people who’ve hurt him, he finds himself uncomfortable around, though he tries hard to treat them kindly. He has to fight his first instinct of paranoia, telling himself that if he goes around not being able to trust anyone, life will suck more than it will if/when he gets betrayed
- What do they love to hate? Crime fighting.
- What are their phobias? Losing the love and loyalty of his friends and family, forgetting and being forgotten
- What is their choice of weapon? Escrima sticks
- What living person do they most despise? The Joker or one of his rapists
- Have they ever been bullied or teased? Yes, he was bullied a lot as a child for his background. Kids at school and adults at galas always called him names and mocked him relentlessly for his circus life and ethnicity. Also, his siblings tease him a lot, but that’s easier to deal with, since he knows they’re only playing
- Where do they go when they’re angry? He goes to the rooftops and skydives, or to the streets to fight crime and get his anger out
- Who are their enemies and why? The Gotham and Blüdhaven rogues, as well as the baddies who fought the (Teen) Titans while he was part of the team, though admittedly his opinions on some of them are subject to change (that is, if they/their behavior do first)
Chapter 2: Dick Grayson Q's 2
A few more minor mentions of Dick's canonical rapes, and a NSFW line under the header "Possessions"
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)
Work, Education and Hobbies
- What is their current job? Investigative journalist, as well as Nightwing
- What do they think about their current job? It’s fun. He’s finding time to sleep every once in a while, and it’s great, and he feels he’s helping fix things in multiple ways now, and it’s nice to get bad guys busted
- What are some of their past jobs? Robin and Batman, as well as a brief stint as a bar tender and as a taxi driver
- What are their hobbies? Crime fighting, trapeze/aerial exercising, sleeping, sitting on his couch and blinking emotionlessly at his TV as it plays a show he’s seen the entirety of 15 times
- Educational background? Home schooled from birth to 8 years old, then was schooled in public and private schools from 8 to 18. He went to college for a semester but dropped out pretty soon into what he was expecting to be a 4 year venture
- Intelligence level? High/above average
- Do they have any specialist training? Absolutely yes. He’s been trained by his parents, Batman, many other Justice League members, and by his teammates on the Teen Titans
- Do they have a natural talent for something? Yes, flying/aerial arts/trapeze work
- Do they play a sport? Are they any good? He's never played any sports competitively, despite wanting to
- What is their socioeconomic status? Middle, but very high middle
- What is their favorite animal? Elephants. Close second is the robin
- Which animal do they dislike the most? Penguins, but he tries not to actually hate them just because of the connection. Or cats, because he's allergic
- What place would they most like to visit? Tamaran as Kory talks about it, how it was when she was a kid. Maybe Themyscira when he was younger, but not anymore
- What is the most beautiful thing they’ve ever seen? His parents performing. They looked like they were flying, not a care in the world, super graceful
- What is their favorite song? He enjoys pop music, oldies from the 70s and 80s, and also really likes punk and the subgenres of punk. His favorite artists include Beyoncé and Fall Out Boy, among others
- Music, art, reading preferred? He prefers music but enjoys art and reading sometimes too. Just easier to consume music than the other two
- What is their favorite color? Green
- What is their password? He doesn’t have one password that he uses for everything, and most of them actually change a lot because of his paranoia. Some that he uses more often, however, include the day his parents died, TrophyHusband90, and Spotteddick21
- Favorite food: any of Alfred’s meals really, but especially crab stuffed mushrooms
- What is their favorite work of art? Frida Kahlo, Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird
- Who is their favorite artist? He doesn’t really have one
- What is their favorite day of the week? Tuesday. Crime is lower on Tuesdays
- What is in their fridge: water, pre-prepared meals from Alfred, a few beers, a few other foods and snacks
- What is on their bedside table? On it is a lamp and a few other small bits and bobs. In it is lube, condoms, a domino mask, among other things
- What is in their car? He doesn’t have a car
- What is in their purse or wallet? His wallet has his various IDs, some cash and coupons, and a few pictures of his loved ones
- What is in their pockets? His phone and keys and sometimes sticks of gum
- What is their most treasured possession? His Flying Graysons poster
- Who or what is your character’s guardian angel? He believes it’s Bruce at times, Kory many other times, no one/thing at others
- Do they believe in the afterlife? He wants it to be true but has a hard time believing in it
- What are their religious views? As a kid, he believed much more than he does now. Generally agnostic
- What do they think heaven is? Peaceful rest after death
- What do they think hell is? Basically anything other than peaceful rest after death
- Are they superstitious? In some ways, yes, but mostly doesn’t believe in them
- What would they like to be reincarnated as? A doggo. Specifically one who belongs to a family with kids, where he’ll be treated like a member of the family and get to play and be loved. A flower would also be nice
- How would they like to die? In battle, saving the world or making it a better place. It’d also be kind of nice to die in his sleep. Any other way, he’d prefer one with morphine easing his way
- What is their zodiac sign? Pisces
- What do they think is the worst thing that can be done to a person? Having those/that which they love (or their autonomy) taken away from them forcibly, and the thief not being brought to justice
- What is their view of ‘freedom’? Freedom to live peacefully and happily without the government or other bad men there to capitalize on or threaten it for their own gain. Following the laws that keep yourself and others safe, but eschewing the ones that don’t matter as much or hurt/hinder what’s morally right (such as being a vigilante)
- When did they last lie? He lies every single day of his life
- What’s their view of lying? It’s necessary to protect people, even if it sucks a lot sometimes
- When did they last make a promise? He makes promises to Kory about being home on time for things but usually ends up late due to his family or crime. Also promises his friends and siblings he’ll hang out with them soon and has a hard time managing it
- Did they keep or break their last promise? The promise was to bring Raven a book from Wayne Manor he thinks she might like, and he did remember it—he kept the promise
- What are their eating habits? He doesn’t eat on a schedule, and though he has a diet, he stress eats at times
- Do they have any allergies? Shellfish and cats
- Are they minimalist or a clutter hoarder? Naturally more inclined to clutter, but in more manic moods, cleans everything. The places he lives other than his apartment are much more minimalist in comparison, as his apartment is pretty cluttered
- What do they do first thing on a weekday morning? Roll out of bed and either take a quick shower or go and eat a quick breakfast
- What do they do on a Sunday afternoon? Hang out with friends, or work
- What do they do on a Friday night? Sometimes he goes out for a drink, but 90% of the time, he just works as Nightwing
- What is the soft drink of choice? Sprite
- What is their alcoholic drink of choice? Tequila
- What is their character archetype? The Hero (a character who changes and grows, goes into uncharted territory, is easy to empathize with, and has agency in their story), The Mentor (a character who teaches heroes to navigate the world, can be kind and wise or bad-tempered, helps train heroes), The Trickster (a character that provides comedy relief and lightens the mood, while also drawing attention to underlying and usually serious themes)
- Who is their hero? Bruce and Clark
- What or who would your character dress up as for Halloween? A shitty version of Robin, or really, any character on a show or in a movie he likes
- Are they comfortable with technology? Very much so yes
- If they could save one person, who would it be? Bruce, Alfred, or one of his siblings or friends
- If they could call one person for help, who would it be? Donna Troy or Roy Harper or Koriand’r or Clark Kent or Diana Prince (this question is too hard seeing as he basically always has many, many people he can call)
- What is their favorite proverb? “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.”
- What is their greatest extravagance? He’s bought Haly’s Circus with his own money (technically it was his parents’ money first, but they left it for him)
- What is their greatest regret? Jason’s death and everything that happened after his resurrection, including not finding him
- What is their perception of redemption? He believes that people are genuinely capable of being and doing better. He thinks that actions speak louder than words, and that those who try to fix their behavior can fix it. Mistakes are mistakes, but people who are given the chance to fix it and don’t take it aren’t, in that moment, redeemable
- What would they do if they won the lottery? Give most of it to charity or the city/schools
- What is their favorite fairytale? Rapunzel, because he likes the idea of the princess being able to leave her boring tower that she was stuck in for so long
- What fairytale do they hate? Fox and the Hound, because he hates how they can’t overcome their differences and stay friends
- Do they believe in happy endings? Yes, but not for himself
- What is their idea of perfect happiness? Being in the air with his loved ones, no one dying or dead, everyone being at the very least civil with each other
- What would they ask a fortune teller? “Am I doing enough?” or something to that effect
- If your character could travel through time, where would they go? He would go and see his parents perform again. He would save Jason. He would bring Damian home as a baby. He would help Roy before he could get so sick.
- What sport do they excel at? Most of them that he tries
- What sport do they suck at? Golf
- If they could have a superpower, what would they choose? Flying
If anyone actually read all of that kdhfkjahsjkh I'd be interested in hear your opinions and whether you agree or disagree with me lol
also I didn't make this list!! I forget exactly where I found it but I did tweak it a bit here
Chapter 3: Important OTP Questions: Dick x Kory x Roy
Who worries about what they will look like when they are older?
- None of them are too concerned about it, but Dick more so than the others (mostly because he has no idea what he’ll look like, and worries his body won’t be as in shape as it’s basically always been)
Who hogs the blanket?
- Dick. Roy is pissed about it, because he’s COLD, ASSHOLE!!! Kory runs warm and doesn’t generally care but does like to teasingly pick sides in their arguments
Who eats the others uneaten pizza crusts?
- Roy. Kory never eats hers and Dick occasionally doesn’t, so Roy gets them
Who is more likely to cry over a sad book or movie?
- Kory. She feels her emotions more freely than the boys and while they feel safe expressing themselves with her and each other, it just takes more for them to cry, especially Dick
Who talks smack while playing video games?
- All three of them do. They make sure not to get too personal, but other than that, it’s basically fair game
Who sings along with the radio?
- All three of them do, but mostly Roy. This is only slightly because he’s generally the one driving and insists on having control of the radio—he does loosen up sometimes and let the others pick the music, especially when they pick from playlists that combine all 3’s favorite songs
Who would enter them both into a talent show?
- Kory or Roy would sign up Roy and Dick. Dick wouldn’t, too concerned with keeping his secret identity, unless he was feeling upset or lost and wanted a sort of outlet
Who would accidentally set the kitchen on fire while cooking?
- Kory. She tries her best to cook earth food but she just can’t figure out how to do it safely. She’s best at grilling, but even then, everything ends up at least a little charred
Who would throw the other into a pool?
- Roy would throw Dick into a pool, and Dick would retaliate when Roy least expects it. Neither of them dare throw Kory in, but she teasingly threatens to do it every once in a while
Who shops for groceries?
- Roy 7 times out of 10. The other times, Kory and Dick go together and even following Roy’s list to a tee, they end up forgetting something or getting the wrong version. Lian goes most times, both with Roy and with the other two, and tries to help Kory and Dick but it always backfires (she gets a snack though, so she’s not too worried)
Who kills the spiders?
- Dick. He has no time to worry about bugs, and while Roy and Kory have no real problem killing spiders, they generally don’t like to & feel more compassion for them than Dick does
Who is the morning/night person?
- Dick is by far, 1000000% the night person. He will stay up all night every night. He doesn’t go to bed until it’s so late it’s early
- Kory is definitely a morning person. She wakes up with the sun and goes out to garden in the mornings, then showers and really begins the day from there
- Roy is both, but he’s more of a morning person than night person. He can adapt either way, and wakes up later than Kory (but before Dick) and goes to sleep after her too (but before Dick as well)
- Dick is the kind of person who gets into relationships with the intention of them being long term, so he’s been thinking about it for a long long time. They can’t be legally married, but Dick has rings—his parents’ rings, which he debates giving to them, as well as ones Bruce gave him from the family jewelry collection—and he thinks about giving them to his partners A LOT. He even has dreams about it and has several plans that he never goes through with because it never feels like the right time
- Roy, at some point when the relationship was new, told Ollie, Dinah, and the rest of the Arrow Fam that he was going to end up married to Dick and Kory and while he has ideas for how he could propose, he believes that they’ll just get around to it someday. He’s initiated conversations about being married, from which he found out that they’d all like to get married… someday. He figures someday will come and it’ll all be casual and he’s more than okay with that
- Kory proposes. There are a few rituals on Tamaran that she does, explaining to the boys their significance but not necessarily that they’re marriage proposals (well, okay, she explains that part but they don’t exactly understand). After researching, she also gets them rings, and is like “okay this is gonna be the end of the rituals, they’re probably expecting it, which is fine because I want them to say yes.” And they….are surprised still because they HADN’T REALIZED THAT’S WHAT WAS HAPPENING??? But obviously they both say yes, and Roy ends up with two rings, and even though he was the most casual, he wears them both all the time (& gets annoyed when people say he should only wear one)
- One of the rituals is making them a special meal, which she feels horrible about because she overcooks it. The boys still eat it and genuinely don’t hate it so??? Success
- One of the rituals is basically sitting them down individually and telling them how much and why she appreciates them, loves them, and the sentiments being reciprocated by her partner(s). Both do even without realizing that they’re supposed to
- One is flying!! And both Roy and Dick like when Kory flies with them so even though they can’t also fly (which is kind of part of the ritual), it all works out
more dick/kory/roy stuff to come
Chapter 4: Not!Fic: DickKory with Tamranean!Dick and human!Kory
I want a DickKory fic where Dick is the Tamaranean and Kory is the human. Kory and her family are modern royalty of some kind, or maybe she’s a model, or maybe everyone in the family are celebrities??? And she’s definitely an adult, like maybe 25/26/older, so she lives by herself, but she does go and visit home a lot to see Ryand’r
Anyway, despite her wonderful friends (Donna, Raven, Vic, Gar, Roy, Joey, etc etc), she’s been feeling lonely and like there’s more to life than what she’s experiencing. Kom is probably also making her life hell somehow–maybe she’s leaking information to the press or something. and the only thing Kory really has to herself is her garden, which is flourishing and beautiful and it’s her safe space, where she goes to think and reflect and relax.
One night she’s out there sitting between her flowers, just stargazing, allowing herself some peace after what was probably a hectic day. and then. and then there’s something in the sky, a shooting star she thinks at first but as it gets closer, it becomes obvious that OH, that’s an alien spaceship headed RIGHT FOR HER.
She manages to get out of the way safely before it crashes, landing halfway into her garden and halfway out. And Kory is freaking out, okay, but on the other hand, space has always sort of interested her. so obviously she goes and looks, stepping over debris from the ship and petals and such.
There in the ship, banged up but alive, is Dick. Dick Grayson of the Wayne family, which includes everyone even Cass and Duke. Dick being the eldest was considered the heir and was stolen away by Two Face, a Tamaranean man who feels wronged by the Waynes maybe?? I was also thinking this could be Joker or Harley or someone like that. Anyway he gets kidnapped and held hostage for a long time. Eventually, he manages to get away and because his captors have been running from Bruce, who is in desperate pursuit of his son, left the Vega star system, Dick just picks a direction and goes, hoping he’ll find someplace he recognizes. His captors follow him all the way to earth, where he unfortunately crashes in Kory’s backyard.
etc etc whoever kidnapped him follows him down and he fights them and wins. idk if he kills them, and its just Bruce who is against killing, or if they’re all okay with it like any other Tamaranean is. whatever not important.
Eventually, panting and in pain but finally free, he turns and sees Kory. and Kory sees him. and beyond the obvious immediate attraction, Kory is like. in shock and awe. this is a super hot alien who just fought and won against a bunch of other aliens. and Dick, he’s also feeling that immediate attraction…. alongside “oh shit what did I just do & what do I do now??”
so we have that moment. where they approach each other slowly. I think Kory would be more brave in this situation and move quicker, and also, when they’re standing there face to face, she’d reach out and touch his face. to make sure she’s not dreaming of course. and Dick knows what he has to do so they can understand each other, so he leans forward and she does too and then they kiss?? very gently????????? and then Kory is like “wait oh my god did I just kiss an alien wtf” and Dick, now able to speak all of Kory’s languages, is like “yeah. anyway I’m really sorry about your land”
the way I want this to end is that somehow Dick offers to help her fix up her garden, and Kory is a little wary but also lonely and dammit she put a lot of work into making everything look as good as it did, so hell yeah he’s gonna help. and he can also stay with her if he wants like that’d be okay with her. she has a spare bedroom he can use.
and time goes on. Kory takes a break from the public eye and from her family (mostly just Kom) & friends, and so every day, she and Dick go out and replant and decorate, and they talk while they do it. and Kory, having someone who listens to her stories and complaints and feelings and joys, starts to feel less lonely. Dick tells her everything back, about his family and his training and powers and how badly he misses home. and he promises if he ever goes back, he’ll find a way to get her some of the plants Tamaran has that are beautiful and would look so amazing in this or that corner.
this goes on for weeks. they are solidly in love but hesitant, not quite together because they do clash, and Dick is getting cabin fever and misses home, and Kory knows that he’s not going to stay. he spends nights looking for ways to get back to Tamaran, or fixing up his spaceship. so they’re not quite together when one day, another ship comes down and in it is his family.
they all stay for a day maybe, thanking Kory repeatedly for helping Dick and being kind to him, and she jokes around with them but she. is. miserable. she doesn’t want Dick to leave. Dick doesn’t want to go either, but Bruce says they’re needed back home immediately for the trial of Two Face.
so Dick goes home. he and Kory have an emotional goodbye moment away from the family, where they hug and maybe kiss again and he vows he will see her again. this isn’t the end. they’re both crying, and he wipes her tears away and says it again. this isn’t the end, Kory.
and he leaves. Kory tries to go back to living her life, tries to get over him because really, what are the chances this alien guy is going to keep that promise? and all of her friends try to make her feel better. Ryand’r comes over for lots of sleepovers and doesn’t ask about the things Dick had to leave behind.
a few months go by, both of them equally miserable and aching for the other, and then. someone, maybe Alfred or Jason, is like “look Dick you’re not happy here. just go back. take this thing that allows us to keep in contact.” so he goes to the greenhouses and grabs all the specimens that could potentially survive on earth, and he goes.
and there’s a happy reunion and they are in love and happy the end.
originally posted on tumblr
Who rocks the Ferris Wheel seat and who flips out and begs them to stop?
- Dick rocks the Ferris Wheel seat, and while it makes Roy a little uncomfortable, none of them are actually all that scared
Who likes to walk around the house naked and who tells the other to go put some clothes on?
- Lian lives with them, so they generally don’t walk around naked. Kory and Dick will both walk around in towels/robes though, and when Lian isn’t home, they might go nude. All three of them are just so used to being covered to some degree that they don’t really do it even when they have the chance
- Roy tells them to go put clothes on, but still oogles quite a bit
Who sleeps on the couch when they get into a fight?
- They try their best to not go to bed angry, or at least communicate calmly before they sleep because they are devoted to having a Healthy Relationship
- Dick just won’t sleep. He’ll go to the gym or do work/patrol all night long, repressing his emotions like a pro
- Roy will sleep on the couch and be super uncomfortable most of the night until he finally manages to sleep
- Kory will sleep in bed and have a horrible time of it, tossing and turning without her guy(s) there, her mind not wanting to shut off
Who likes to wear the others sweatshirts?
- Dick steals both Kory and Roy’s clothes, esp their sweatshirts, and wears them all over everywhere. There are tons of pics of him wearing their hoodies, and some of them have basically become his because he wears them so much
Who wakes the other up in the middle of the night to tell them a cool dream they had? Who has the most nightmares, and who sings them back to sleep after?
- Kory will wake them up with her cool dreams, though she’s more likely to wake up Roy than Dick, mostly because Roy will sometimes do the same back to her, while Dick won’t want to wake up and listen just yet. However, if he’s awake still, both of them will tell him rather than wake the sleeping one
- They all have nightmares, it depends on who’s having them that night on who gets sung to. Sometimes it helps them to sing songs from their pasts, which gets all of them back to bed, though if one of them has to be picked, Roy sings most. Usually his eyes are closed while he does it, and he’s obviously slipping in and out of sleep, his words turning to mumbles
Who makes fun of the other for having a crush on them, and who has to remind them that they are in a relationship?
- Dick and Roy tease each other, Kory reminds them
Who starts a food fight in the kitchen?
- Dick does, trying to make Lian feel better. Roy is not immune despite wanting to think he is, and immediately retaliates. Kory can’t even get upset because it does cheer up their baby, so she joins in too
- Dick has to clean it up, but he enlists Lian to help a little bit, which makes it easier because he has someone to chat with
Who initiates duets? and who is the better singer?
- Kory initiates them, usually with Roy, who likes to turn their duets into dancing, too. Dick is a surprisingly good singer but he doesn’t sing much, and when she tries to get him to join her, he usually doesn’t want to
Who starts the hand holding? Who grabs the others butt? Who slides their arm around their waist? Who likes to put their fingers in the belt loops?
- They all hold hands, but it’s Significant when Dick does it, since he usually does it in moments like storming away from the Justice League. Kory is always reaching for their hands, and Roy is quicker to reciprocate unless he’s upset or working
- Roy doesn’t grab their butts so much as slide his hands down and rest on them, while Dick and Kory will full on grab, but only in private. Roy is prone to doing the butt touching in more public places
- Kory holds their waists, and so does Dick. They often stand hugging each other’s sides that way. Roy does it sometimes but he’s not always super comfortable with it
- Dick will tug Roy to him by Roy’s belt loops. He does it to Kory sometimes too but it’s mostly to Roy, who will purposefully wear pants with belt loops just to get Dick to do it
Who is more protective?
- All three of them are very protective of each other and their children (and extended families, sometimes)
- With Kory, the boys are protective of her feelings, especially when it comes to topics like her family and her years as a slave. If Kom came to earth right now, they’d square up immediately and fight her until they literally couldn’t get up anymore, BUT they also know that Kory can hold her own and win against her sister, so they’d be more like backup than anything else. Then they’d go home and reassure her about how guilty she feels, how much she both loves and hates her sister, and Roy will hold her while Dick gets them ice cream or whatever else she wants
- With Roy, Dick and Kory will stand up to anyone for him. They defend him against everyone, whether it’s about his parenting skills, his past drug addiction, or anything else, and won’t hear a single word against him. When people make insinuations about his issues, his past, how there’s just basically no way at all he’s raising Lian right (and maybe she should go live with her mom, instead of her dad and his… partners), they both get pissed. They manage to be cool calm and collected (usually) while telling the people where they can stick their bullshit, but there’s always fire in their eyes. They are NOT to be messed with.
- With Dick, Kory and Roy would take on Batman for him. They don’t let Dick run himself totally ragged trying to keep the family together and civil while also keeping Blüdhaven safe AND working a day job too, no matter how much he insists he can do it just fine. Also, while they’re more than willing to go against his orders if they think they need to, they also always make sure he comes out of fights okay, aware of how he can get reckless sometimes. They will also challenge his view of himself but asking like “if you’re really this horrible, why do we think you’re so great?” etc etc
Who talks to the other while they are sleeping?
- Dick. Sometimes he’ll need to get his thoughts out so he’ll go and whisper to Kory and Roy, who are in bed already and not really awake, even if they do kiiiind of hear him
Who drives and who has the window seat?
- Roy drives a lot when they’re in their civies, while Dick usually drives when they’re superheroing.
- Kory prefers flying when heroes, obviously, but as civilians she gets the passenger seat
Who falls asleep in the others lap and who carries them to bed?
- Roy takes lots of accidental naps in the others’ laps. Dick does too on bad days, and Kory generally insists on cuddling instead of anything with their laps, which leads to more comfortable naps Kory carries them up to bed
Who cuts the others hair?
- Roy!! Kory’s hair doesn’t really have to be cut but Dick’s does, and Roy is the first person he goes to to get it done
Who sends them encouraging messages throughout the day?
- Kory sends them both encouraging messages all the time, especially when they’re feeling down. Dick does it sometimes, and Roy does it a little more often than him
Who thinks they are not good enough for the others’ love? and who’s more afraid of losing the others? Who thinks they keep messing up, only for the others to tell them they don’t need to worry?
- Dick. He has a pretty low self esteem and believes that he is too angry to be loved the way Roy and Kory love each other and him. He pulls away from them and they just pull him right back and reassure him he does deserve them
- Kory. She’s lost so many people already, all of her family basically, and the thought of losing her new family is frightening, and it makes her feel more possessive of them. When she expresses these fears to them, the boys can’t do much other than show her they won’t leave
- Roy. He’s not used to being in a relationship with so much communication and keeps messing up. It’s really getting to him but Kory and Dick reassure him that he’s doing just fine and it’s all a learning curve, they’re growing together, of course there are going to be bumps in the road, etc
Who starts random slow dancing with the other in the kitchen? Who holds the other just above the ground and kisses them?
- Kory does both. She knows Roy likes to dance, and it helps him expend some energy when he needs to, and it also helps Dick calm down and feel more grounded. She just likes the closeness. Also, she’s very strong and taller than both Roy and Dick so when they all want to get picked up and kissed, she can do it
Who says shitty puns and sex jokes just to see the other giggle and blush?
- Dick says puns, Roy does sex jokes
Who kissed first?
- Roy was Dick’s first kiss, way back when they were young teens. Kory kissed Dick first, way back when they first met and she needed to learn earth languages. Kory and Roy didn’t kiss until she and Dick started to bring him into their relationship
Who orders take out at two in a morning? and who wakes the other up at three in the morning to go downstairs with them to get a glass of water because it’s too dark?
- Dick!!!! His hours are so out of whack he gets hungry late at night and doesn’t want to go and make something, so he’ll order out and wait outside for it so no one else wakes up. Sometimes he eats outside too, but usually at the table, and has fallen asleep with his face in cold Chinese food at least a few times. Kory takes pictures of it before sending him off to bed to cuddle Roy, who has all of the pictures saved in several locations
- Lian is unafraid of all things except the monsters that live downstairs when the parents are upstairs, and she will wake any of them up to go with her (if Dick isn’t already awake), but she prefers to wake up Kory because her hair is on fire and it’s like its own light. If Dick’s awake, she’ll just go downstairs on her own and he’ll come find her. Of course, she loves going with Roy, because he holds her hand and pretends to growl at the monsters, and it always makes her giggle
Who writes poems/stories and love songs about the other? Do they sing the songs the write for them?
- Roy has made up a few love songs for them and has sung them to the others. Kory likes to sing all kinds of songs to them, including Tamaranean ones, but she doesn’t make up her own, and neither does Dick
Who does some crazy stunt to try and impress the others and who ends up driving them to the emergency room after it backfires?
- They’ve all done this, but the only one who had to actually go to the emergency room was Dick. He was trying to shoot arrows with his toes while doing a handstand, and it…did not go well. Kory drove them to the ER because Roy was both laughing and freaking out
Who is embarrassed when they have to wear their glasses and who thinks they look super cute?
- None of them need glasses until they’re in their late 40s, when Roy gets tested and has to get the dreaded things. Roy hates them and thinks they look weird on his face, and Jake teased him about it, and ugh. But Kory and Dick both think he looks great, and there’s maybe a comment or two about DILFs that make Roy choke on his drink
Who likes to jump into the others’ arms?
- Dick can and will jump into their arms, no problem at all. They always catch him
Who likes to take artsy photos of them together?
- Mar’i! She gets her hands on their phones when she’s a little baby and just starts taking amazing pics on accident. Aunt Donna teaches her everything she needs to know as she gets older, and so there are lots of photo shoots of the three of them, taken by Mar’i
Who makes puns with numerous things that they find?
- Dick, always. He’s the pun machine
What do they like to watch together after a long day?
- They have a few shows they all agree on, one of them being The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. If they can’t agree to a movie or different show, they fall back on this one, and often end up quoting it to each other word for word (or just straight up acting it out—it’s relaxing somehow)
Who is most likely to kiss the others on the cheek?
- Roy. He can be real tender and also, when the kids are ages that they don’t like seeing their parents kiss, it’s a good alternative
Who is more likely to break out in a spontaneous dance?
- Kory, especially when something or someone has made her happy. She’ll do this little wiggle in the air and fist pump
Who would hide to try and playfully scare their partner(s)?
- Dick, and he always manages to do it perfectly. Roy also tries but isn’t as successful
Who would sing a love song to the others in the car?
- Roy and Kory most often, but sometimes they can rope Dick in too
Who can’t help but giggle when the others compliments them?
- Kory! She’ll giggle a little and give them a peck, either on the lips or cheek
What do they say to one another before they go to sleep?
- Dick: by the time he’s going to bed, they’re already asleep, so he tells them a few hours earlier “Goodnight, sweet dreams”
- Roy: he likes to say something like “’Night, I’ll see you tomorrow”
- Kory: she says “Love you, goodnight”
What would they do/where would they go if they were to have a weekend just to themselves? For example - small getaway, stay home and watch movies, go to an event, etc.
- When they’re younger, they’d want to go on a trip to a vacation spot, probably one with like a waterfall or snowy mountains or something, have some fun together. Maybe go to a concert or have an all-day date
- When they’re older, they’d want to stay inside, specifically in bed
Who looks at the other two like they are their world when the others aren’t looking?
- They all do this but Dick does it the most often
If they were to have matching pajamas, what would they be?
- Purple or red sets of tops and bottoms? Nightwing patterned ones? Idk
Who would win in a pillow fight?
- Kory has strength on her side, but Roy can be ruthless, and Dick would distract them but climbing on top of them. It’s anyone’s game
Who prepares/orders takeout for the other two just because they know how much their partners love it?
- They all do this depending on who’s working and who’s going to be coming back home that night
Yet more DickKoryRoy to come