Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-12-06
Completed:
2019-12-09
Words:
2,991
Chapters:
5/5
Comments:
22
Kudos:
142
Bookmarks:
9
Hits:
3,632

Love Triangle

Chapter 4: Persuasion

Summary:

Nyssa attempts to convince Sara to choose her over Ava.

Chapter Text

IMAGE_DESCRIPTION

Sara melted into the kiss. It was heaven. Or as close to heaven as Sara was ever going to get. Her hand tangled in her lover's hair, pulling her closer.

"I love you." Nyssa whispered softly in her ear in Arabic. The foreign language jolted Sara back into the present. She shouldn't be kissing Nyssa. She was with Ava. She loved Ava. At least she thought she did. Urgh, that kiss was messing with her head.

"Nyssa, stop." Sara said firmly, as the dark-haired woman moved in for another kiss. "We can't."

"Why not?" Nyssa questioned. "You enjoyed it."

"I'm with Ava."

"Laurel was with Oliver and yet you still got on the Gambit with him." Nyssa replied.

"Harsh."

"I'm not trying to judge past actions, Beloved. Just explain my confusion at your hesitance to kiss me."

"That's not me anymore." Sara protested. "I've never cheated on anyone in my own relationships. And I don't intend to start now."

"Then leave her. You left me once before, why not her?"

"I left because you asked me to." Sara retorted. "Don't blame me for moving on. You don't get to waltz into my relationship and demand I return your affection."

"Then tell me you feel nothing for me and I will let you leave. Tell me that the flame that burnt in your heart for me burns only for another. Tell me you feel nothing when you look at me and I will not pursue you any longer."

"I feel no..." Sara started, and yet somehow, she couldn't finish the sentence. Nyssa's eyes were fixed on hers, her hand preventing Sara from looking away. "I..."

A tear ran down Sara's face. She had never expected to find such a simple sentence so hard to say. It had been over a year since she had last thought about Nyssa. She genuinely thought she was over her. She was wrong.

"Go see your girlfriend." Nyssa said softly. "Remember, I meant what I said. I will not share you Ta-er al-Sahfer. So choose. And choose wisely."

Sara turned and exited the hall. Leaning against the pillar just outside the door, she closed her eyes and sighed. This was not meant to be happening. She was supposed to be curled up on Ava's couch watching movies with her and laughing over the funniest time aberrations they had dealt with. She wasn't supposed to be stuck in a year in the past having her feelings for Ava called into question. But, at the same time, she couldn't just ignore the fact that Nyssa was here. A woman she had loved for so many years. A woman she had been reluctant to leave.

Sometimes she wished she was incapable of falling in love. Her first love Oliver, was her sister's boyfriend. Her second love Nyssa, had been the heir to organisation of murderers. Her third love Ava, was in charge of a bureau designed to replace her and her team. Clearly, she was not meant for easy relationships.

Taking a deep breath, she pushed away from the wall.

"Take me to Ava Sharpe." She commanded the guard at the end of the hall. She followed him down the corridors to one of the guest quarters. Pushing open the door, she stepped into the room. Suddenly, a large vase slammed into the side of her head, knocking her to the ground and causing her to lose her focus.