Actions

Work Header

Our Journey

Summary:

A guild unlike many. A place full of mysteries, a home for those in need, a blink of hope and happiness that shines even in this world full of darkness and cruelty. Whenever you are a king or a slave, a child or an old man, a dragon or a demon, famous or infamous, if you wish to be part of this family, then welcome to Fairy Tail. Let the adventure begin!

Notes:

Hello everyone, decided to crosspost this fic from ffn since I just made an ao3 account XD
Since this my very first story and english isn't my first language, errors are unfortunately inevitable. Later chapters will be better so please bear with my mistakes for now, and don't hestate to point out eventual errors if you see any.
Now, for the actual fic, this will mainly be a Fairy Tail story with elements of the Fate-verse. Since I haven't seen many crossovers with those two series I decided to write one myself. Please enjoy!
Disclaim: I don't own Fairy Tail nor Fate/Stay Night

Chapter 1: The end and the start

Chapter Text

The end and the start

Prologue 1 (part 1)

It was around noon and the Sun was shining brightly in the sky, it's light falling upon the large forest but not quite reaching the soil. Said forest was located in the nothern region of the Kindom of Fiore and was quite old, maybe even ancient from the aura of mystery that was surrounding it. Each of its many trees was at least an hundred meter high and together, with their dense foliage, they blocked most of the Sun rays, leaving just enough for the grass and small plants to grow at their feets. Many kind of beasts lived there, both common ones like wolfs and bears in the outskirt and primordial ones such as Uridimmu and Ugallu deep inside.

In ancient time it was it was said that a powerful beast lived there, one even its creators, the Gods, feared. None dared to venture in that place, afraid of it. But then, according to some tales, it got slayed down by two brave heroes. Rumors had it that it was 'the rift between the two worlds', where the livings crossed path with the deads and the gate to the Underworld stood tho nobody knew the truth.

Called the Cedar Forest, it was known as the resting place of Fiore's first king who went to a journey in search for immortality and never came back according to the myths.


The place was in ruins. It may had been a beautiful temple in the distant past, but time made it lost its former glory. Probably built in honor of the Gods, nowaday it was nothing more than a heap of rocks. Located somewhere in the Cedar Forest, it was hidden from the eyes of common people by a powerful boundary that even now was standing strong and was preventing thieves and tresure hunters to profane this sacred place.

Under that pile of rubble, some meters underground, there was a workshop used for many important rituals in ancient times. Most of the pillars that supported the cracked ceiling and walls were ruined. Pieces of statues of a beatiful lady wielding a lance, probably a Goddess, were laying around.

Everything felt normal exept for one thing. A glowing circle was placed in the middle of the hall, one that was clearly magical in its nature from the many ancient inscription inside it.

On that day, at that hour, in the middle of the circle a sudden light started to emerge from it. The light opened a square hole with stairs that connected the workshop with a place beneath it, an otherwordly black space devoid of anything and that couldn't possibly have existed. At first there was silence. And then the sound of footsteps started to come from the other side.

"So this is the effect of the herb of immortality? Who was the fool that called it in this way? Rather than gifting eternal life, it has only a rejuvenate effect. What a scam!" was the first thing that he said once he stepped outside of the magical cercle, which vanished along the hole immediately after.

After he looked around, the man, no the child realesed a deep breath. A naked blond boy with crimson eyes and marks of the same color glowing on the side of his abdomen and under his cheeks.

"If only that damn 'snake' didn't show up and attacked me. Why was that thing even in the Underworld to begin with? Not only it took many of my tresures to hunt it down, but I was even forced to drink this sorry excuse of an elixir to survive from its last attack." he added exasperated, while holding his head with one hand.

He then stretched his limbs a little and touched himself around.

'Oh well it seems like both my magical and physical powers dropped significaly. In this state I'll probably not even be able to open half of the portals that my older self could, not to mention I clearly can't use 'it' in my current body. Figures.'

It sure had been a long time since he saw the light of the sun. The trees, the animals, everything seemed so new and interesting. After coming out from the temple, he stretched his small body in order to better feel his surrounding. The sound of birds, the smell of wood and the sensation of the wind on his skin were all so refreshing. To think that he, who had once obtained everything in the world, now was attracted by the mere air around him. If only his dear friend could see him right now they would surely laughed loudly.

After what felt like an eternity, he then opened a golden floating portal beside him and took some garments from his treasury.

Once dressed, he walked outside from the bondary. The instant he step outside of it, the magical barrier cracked into pieces of magical particles and suddenly a huge amount of magical power was realised.

Gilgamesh, the King of Heroes, had finally returned from his long journey.


On the other side of the world, in a mountain region in the middle of nowhere, two beings were having a meeting.

One was a powerful black sorcerer with black hair, dark eyes and was wearing a black dress with a white toga on top of it.

The other was a drangon slayer covered by a black clock and had blue long hair, dark blue eyes and markings of the same color all over his tan body.

They were having a rather 'heated' discussion when suddenly they felt it. It was just for an instant, but a powerful surge of magic errupted from nowhere.

"... What was that?" asked the sorcerer.

"Hmph, so you also felt it eh? A powerful energy has just beeig realised, tho it was just for a second so I couldn't pinpoint its origin." replied the dragon slayer.

"Well it doesn't matter. As things stand right now nothing can stop me. Just a few more years and 'it' will become complete, and then when 'he' will return, I'll finally achieve my dream and no one shall stand against me!"

A threatening aura and a cold expression accompanied those words. And with that the sorcerer disolved in magical particles and disappeared.

"...Haha...hahaha...hahahahahaha. Things are starting to get crazier and crazier! So you dare challenge me eh, Black Wizard? Very well, I shall accept. But you better be ready for when I'll obtain the ultimate power, which surpasses even that of the Evil Dragon King Fafnir, the World will feel my wrath!" shouted the dragon slayer, his face contorted into a crazy smile.