Actions

Work Header

Taste of Broken Things

Summary:

Jimin’s breath escapes him roughly as hands cover his arms almost entirely, tugging him behind an iron door. The room was small, intimate, and the elder liked it immediately. He’s tossed into a metal chair, black hair falling into his eyes. The hair on his arms stayed raised, eager for further manhandling. His chin lifted up towards the sounds behind him, door locking, keys jingling. Jimin bounces his leg. Whatever he had been caught doing, he would do it all again to feel this way. He hadn’t seen the man who brought him into this room but the wait was thrilling.

Notes:

Please enjoy psycho Jimin and detective Jungkook. Blood and bodily functions are mentioned in this story so if you're like me and go 'ew yucky god ew fuck that's gross', then I would suggest still reading this fic but with a little bit of caution. T'was a blast to write this and I think it's pretty good. *chef's kiss*. Is anyone else hungry after this fic? :DDD

Chapter Text

 

      Jimin’s breath escapes him roughly as hands cover his arms almost entirely, tugging him behind an iron door. The room was small, intimate, and the elder liked it immediately. He’s tossed into a metal chair, black hair falling into his eyes. The hair on his arms stayed raised, eager for further manhandling. His chin lifted up towards the sounds behind him, door locking, keys jingling. Jimin bounces his leg. Whatever he had been caught doing, he would do it all again to feel this way. He hadn’t seen the man who brought him into this room but the wait was thrilling. 

      There was electricity in the air, the needle of a speedometer pushing just a bit too far. He was a crazed killer after all. It was silent. The raven-haired man could turn around, reach for him, kill him, but he was cherishing this. He felt the other standing back, watching him, observing him. 

And he enjoyed it. 

“Park Jimin? Haven’t you been a bit too busy.” His voice made the deranged man’s fake composure spasm. Acting normal was such a bore. He ached to show himself to the other. 

“Work is never done, veins never cease to pump unless cut…” Jimin’s voice trailed off softly as the other man-made his way to his front. 

“If my work cries for mercy, I’ll give them a break. ” He uttered sultrily, long tight legs coming into his line of vision. 

      Jimin’s eyes swept up, shadows catching the dips of the other man’s arms. They crossed in front of the man with so much restraint. Jimin just wanted to tap him, have him burst with anger and shove him back into his seat. He wants someone to finally put up a fight. Everyone was too boring, pleading, begging for their lives. No one fights. He had heard about a detective that eagerly trailed on his heels. How he jumped for this case, knowing it was him. It was said that the detective needed to see him first hand. 

How was he not taking his chance to do what he wants with him? 

“I’ve seen what you’ve done-” 

“Have you?” Jimin blurted eagerly, eyes looking up widely. 

“I was there.” 

  Jimin folds one leg over the other and brings his cuffed hands to his face. A finger languidly traces his own lips as he watches the detective lean down to see his face, arms uncrossing. The raven read his name tag, 

-Detective Jungkook- 

     It was thrilling to put a name to a face. If he could, he would go back and see if he could spot this amusing agent come so close to getting him. But he shouldn’t degrade him too much, he did catch him in the end after all. How tightly he had him cornered is a different story. Jimin smiled into his finger before bringing his hands forward. He reached out to the detective’s face but Jungkook jutted back with an unamused face. 

“I was there too late. You had the poor man in pieces.” Jungkook’s voice held something in it, but his face was an entirely different commodity. Still, like a heart that no longer beats.

“Didn’t he look prettier that way?” He saw Jungkook’s visible shock. Somehow sheepishly, Jimin looked down at his cuffs, pulling them apart slightly as he uttered his confession. The chain between his wrists clattered as Jungkook’s hands shot out to either side of Jimin’s head, clenching the chair. 

“You’ve never confessed.” Jimin was startled by his actions for only a moment. He unhurriedly uncrossed his legs, slow enough to not alert the strung up detective as he spoke. He knew that this confession was a big deal to the other and it was quite amusing. 

“Do you not have any remorse for the lives you took? The families you broke apar-” 

Jimin wrapped his legs around the tall man, hauling him down towards him. Straight away Jungkook pulled his legs from around him and sent Jimin’s wheeled chair into the back wall. 

“Am I really that ugly? Pushing me away like that, detective…” Jimin rose up, hair in his face. He knew how to present his body, that’s what got most of his victims. 

Jimin’s chest rose erotically, catching the eye of the detective. He panted like he had taken on three men at once. 

“Murderers don’t deserve attention. Don’t expect me to give you any.” Jungkook took strides to the other man, grabbing his cuffed wrists and pushing him back into his chair. Jimin attempted once more to stand but Jungkook shoved him down with a hand on his shoulder. Reaching over to the one-way mirror and tapping it. 

“I need leg irons.” Jimin’s eyes widened, not with panic or shock but with absolute delight. He raked his foot up the detective’s leg, flexible enough to bring his foot to the man’s crotch with little effort. The younger squeezed his ankle before practically throwing his leg in the opposite direction. The smaller man hisses in pain but controlled his facial features, ignoring the ache by talking.  

“How much do you actually know, Jungkook?” The younger didn’t let the temptation of looking down take hold of him. 

“Your name, where you’ve resided, the people most important to you.” The door opens and an officer comes in with leg restraints. 

      Once Jungkook had them in his hands Jimin shot up, running towards the door. He gave the officer a brutal kick that sent him hurtling towards the floor. Jimin couldn’t do much when he saw Jungkook charge towards him, his neck getting clasped between the other’s broad arm. He tried using his elbows to hit into the other’s chest but his grip only got tighter. When he didn’t relent, Jungkook added further pressure, restricting the other’s airflow as he brought him towards the chair. For extra measures, Jungkook pressed down on the lunatic's legs with his leg, using his whole weight to keep him down as he attempted to lock the restraints. 

Jimin was wiggling, even with the detective’s body pushing him down. He brought his hands to the detective’s crotch, trying to make him jump off him but he didn’t move. A clicking noise immobilizes his legs and Jungkook rips Jimin’s hands-off once he was finished. But that was enough time to burn realization onto Jimin’s face. 

“You’re hard.” Jimin gloated loudly, hoping to embarrass him in front of his whole team who are undoubtedly watching.  

“Think you’re special?” Jungkook’s face only showed plain disgust. Jimin’s hair covered his eye, his hips rolling upwards, trying to tempt the detective. 

“I’m specifically here because you needed me to be.” The elder knew he struck a nerve, Jungkook’s body tensing up like all his other victims when they see the real him. But the detective doesn’t have a knife to his neck. 

“It must feel so good to have me the way you want.” Jimin trailed his cuffed hands from his own thighs to lay heavily on his clothed arousal. 

“I think you’re mistaking me for something I’m not.” Jungkook gripped the back of Jimin’s chair to roll him back to the table. The detective’s arm was right by the raven’s face so Jimin tilted his face to the detective's wrist, wrapping his mouth around the skin there and lapping at it. Jungkook pushes the chair with a heavy arm and lets go, letting Jimin fly into the table. A huff came out of him as his stomach collides with the slab. 

“Guest, guest! I’m your guest! ” That is what sent Jimin off. He wasn’t getting what he wanted and keeps getting tossed around. It was frustrating and sent Jungkook closer and closer to the mass killer he knew.   

“You’re not my guest. You’re not welcomed anywhere and you won’t be leaving for a while, if at all.” 

The raven’s ball of yarn was dwindling, restless. The detective sat in front of him and clasped his hands. Jungkook smiled seeing exactly how infuriated Jimin was. 

“Do you want me to treat you kindly?” Jimin’s eyes never left him, clear as day with what he was thinking. 

“You seem to take advantage when I do.” The raven tilted his head before laying it on the table, still looking at the detective. 

“I want you to do whatever you want with me. You think I wouldn’t let you?” Jimin’s lids began to hood as he whispered to Jungkook. The raven’s body shivered and the other man looked away to glance under the table. 

He was palming himself right in front of him. 

“I don’t think we know each other like that yet.” Jungkook’s voice was unfazed, solid.  Jimin sat up, chained legs wrapping around one of Jungkook’s calves before trailing upwards. 

“You’ve been throwing me around like a toy. I’m helpless against doing exactly what you want.” 

His feet laid on the other’s lap. There was a moment of allowance before firm hands gripped at the elder’s ankles. 

“Let’s talk.” He gently placed his feet to the ground. Jimin’s emotions were unclear now. He couldn’t tell if he was genuinely listening or hiding his true emotions. 

“Speak kindly to me, detective.” Jimin brought his hands onto the table, sitting up daintily. 

“The first life you took was your own mother’s.” 

| | 

      A mother’s touch determines how their child enters the world. He was touched like a flower. He had opened the door to the smell of soup and wanted nothing more than to sip softly at the warm liquid. His mother told him that stew heals all wounds. His hair was a mess and his mother brought a comb to where he sat to eat. She placed a kiss on his head and began combing through his knots. 

      Jimin’s eyes closed at the feeling. The kitchen held newly cut ingredients for dinner. His small stature only allowed his stomach to barely reach over the countertop but the stool he sat on gave him free rein to pick at the extra cut veggies. He sat with his head down, comb feathering through his light brown locks. His mother had tugged a bit too hard on a knot when Jimin’s eyes shot open. He turned his head to his mother but she tried to move to get back at the stubborn tangled hair. His eyes and body would not stop turning towards her until she finally looked back at her son. A knife was in his hand, nestled petrifyingly close to her stomach. When she went to open her mouth, the boy dug it into her. 

     There was no sound until her body dropped to the ground. Jimin jumped off his chair to lean down towards his mother’s weakening body. He crossed his legs as he sat beside her, trailing a dry finger down her ribs until it turned red. He brought it to his mouth and sipped softly at the warm liquid. 

| | 

“But why did you do it?” 

“I like seeing beautiful things break.” 

      Jungkook’s breath had sped up and he didn’t even realize. But Jimin did. The dark-haired man looked at the finger he spoke about. 

“It’s so weird not seeing red on my hands,” Jungkook glared as Jimin played with his well-manicured fingers; small and innocent. 

“They feel dirty.” 

      The detective looked away and pulled over Jimin’s file. 

“Jeremy Doe. What happened with him?” 

“Have you ever seen a newborn fawn? Wide eyes, innocent and pure, probably the most delicate creature I could break.” 

“You chopped him up so finely, I could barely identify him.” Jimin smiles, a teeth-baring smile. He took it as a compliment, his cheeks turning a slight pink. 

“And isn’t that so much more alluring?” 

      Jungkook didn’t answer. A knock came from the glass and he got up, walking towards the door. 

“Detective?~” Jimin called out, spinning in his chair to face him. Jungkook turned back to the raven with his arms crossed. 

“Don’t leave me.” Jimin rose up on his feet, his head tilting. 

He has killed people. 

      This person who acts so irreproachable has taken people’s lives unapologetically. 

      The door behind him opened up and he was tapped, forcing his attention from the room he was in. He spoke with the man for a moment and turned back when a loud bang came from the window again. Jimin was inches away from him, having traveled in the rolling chair. He was too quick and snapped his teeth at Jungkook’s arm, catching onto his skin hard enough for the detective to swing back with his other arm, bringing it into the other’s jaw. Jimin collapsed onto the floor but did not lose consciousness to Jungkook’s surprise. 

“We were just getting to know each other,” Jimin mumbled turning onto his back on the ground. He brought his hands to his bruising jaw, hips lifting off the floor. 

“You know nothing about me,” Jungkook spoke to the deranged man as a taser is slipped into his pocket. 

The bruise was fully visible now as Jimin moved his hands away. He kneeled up to look the other in the eye. 

“I can see you, detective.” The door closed behind Jungkook and Jimin reached out to one of the detective’s legs. The elder’s cuffs jingled as he raked them up Jungkook’s thigh. Jimin’s lips were parted as he felt the other’s toned limb, never looking away from the detective’s eyes. After a moment the younger pushed him away before attempting to go around but Jimin lurched forward, wrapping his knees and hands around his leg. His head was too close to Jungkook’s privates, the vibrations of his voice made the detective grimace.

“Am I offending you?” Right as he uttered that, a zap sounded in the air. Jimin yelped, pulling away but he wasn’t tazed. Jungkook went deeper into the room as the raven-haired man held his hands close to his face, still kneeling on the ground. 

“You’re something, detective. You’re not just pretty,” The raven removed his hands, still slightly trembling. 

“Because we both know what I do to pretty things, but there is something inside you.” Jimin made his way onto his feet. 

“Something you don’t want any of your authoritative friends to know.” The raven huffed as he dropped into his chair heavily. His small chained feet pitifully attempt to push him back to the table. Jungkook wasn’t amused because he had seen how fast he could move in that chair already. Before the other man made it to the table, Jungkook stood up, glancing at the one-way glass.

“I think we’ve talked enough.” 

“Enough? But I barely got a taste.” There was an unsettling twist in Jimin’s face, a demeanor far more terrifying than anything Jungkook had witnessed today. He could tell that he was hungry. And the deranged part of it is that he wanted to see everything he is up close.

Alone.  

     Jungkook left the room, coming on to the other side of the mirror where he heard the knocking.

“He’s a lunatic, holy cow.” His police officer friend Taehyung said, reaching out to pull up Jungkook’s sleeve. 

“The fucker actually bit you.” His eyes were wide as he saw the bruise that had formed on his friend’s arm. 

“I really tried to warn you, man. I didn’t knock quick enough.” Tae’s fingers inspected the mark softly.

      A loud bang brought their attention to the room. Jimin stared right back at Jungkook, eyes unblinking. A sick feeling settled in the detective’s stomach like he was staring at something he shouldn’t be. Jimin brought his cuffed hands to his mouth and bit into his thumb. Bright blood spurts onto the glass, his eyes never leaving Jungkook’s. Taehyung ran, yelling for mittens for those who risk endangering themselves. The detective was alone, watching as a lunatic presses their plump lips to the blood on the glass, eyes hooding. Jimin never once broke eye contact. 

     He couldn’t possibly see him, there is no way. Right as he thinks that, the raven draws an eye with the blood seeping out of his thumb. Jungkook’s heart stops, the door inside bursting open with multiple men. Jimin was dragged from the mirror. They clean his hands and put the mittens on. None of this stops his staring. His lips were so much redder. He licked at them, smiling right at the other. 

It was then that Jungkook realized his taser was missing.

| |

      Jungkook has filled out papers upon papers about Jimin. It was as though the universe didn’t want him to forget. If he hadn’t dedicated his life to this man and understanding him, he surely would have been one of his victims. Jungkook’s heart began to pound, his pen stilling. Stop thinking . His mind wandered to the raven’s neck, tilted to suck on the pulse point at his wrist, trying to bring his taste to the surface. He dropped the pen and rubbed his wrist before bringing it to his nose, smelling the dried saliva that was left behind. He remembered the heavy breaths Jimin emulated. They were fake and methodical but it still sped up his own breathing. 

A loud sound makes him jump. 

“Food. You haven’t eaten today.” A styrofoam container was set on the table by Taehyung. He sent him a dazed thanks and began stuffing his things into his bag, not touching his meal. The lights were beginning to turn off, signaling the end of the day. Overnight security guards entered the building, greeting those who were leaving. Jungkook eyes down the photo taken for Jimin’s file. He has never seen such a charming photo of a man with blood tainted lips.

| |

     The styrofoam felt heavy in his hand as he passed the guards, bowing to them respectfully. The light switch was at the end of the hall. His pulse was loud but his footsteps became quieter and quieter. He opened the exit door and shuts it without going through. He slams his fist into the light switches. The sounds of sprinting shoes comes faster than expected. Jungkook bolts into the staircase, hiding underneath them. The darkness was encompassing, which brought a rise in panic about what he was attempting to do. He calms his breathing, remembering how there were only cameras in the entrance of the stairwell by the door. It was completely dark when he came in so nothing saw him. He left for all they know. The lights came back on, followed by the stairwell doors swinging open. Above him, security ran up the stairs loudly. Jungkook sat quietly, biting at his lip as his body’s warning signals continued to go off. The guards that ran after him came down the stairs after a few moments. 

“Park’s floor is still secure. The lights were just faulty for a moment. All’s clear.” The door closed and Jungkook rose, walking up the stairs to Jimin’s floor. 

His floor.  

     He was so dangerous he needed a floor dedicated to himself. Because Jungkook was in charge of Jimin’s case, he knew the code. He was told to not visit without backup, to not be seen after hours in there. 

So he’ll make sure not to get caught.

    The door was unlocked once he put in the passcode and locked solidly behind him. The walls were barren, no windows and all possible exits locked. His ‘room’ took up the whole floor. A bed, a toilet, sink, a small bolted table and chairs, a box for his clothes and a metal box full of restraints that were protected with another passcode. Everything was open for all eyes to see, no privacy at all. He didn’t even have a shower. Someone had to accompany him to a designated area for showers. Jimin rested on his knees, back facing Jungkook as he entered. 

“I knew it was you,” It was so quiet in his room, Jungkook felt exposed. 

“You got them so riled up that they had to check up on me,” It was a stand still, Jimin barely seemed to breathe.

“You’re just as bad as me, aren’t you?”

     He turned his head, his eyes immediately zoning onto the food in Jungkook’s hand. The younger let him stare before nodding his chin to the bolted chair. Jimin got up slowly, sitting down without a sound. He wasn’t restrained at all but this was exactly what Jungkook wanted. 

“You’d think they’d properly feed a cannibal.” These blatant confessions kept startling Jungkook. 

“They just want me to make a move on the officers to use it against me. I’m just hungry .” 

Jimin spoke as though it were a sane thought, completely rational, which unsettled the other. A small growl vibrates off the blank walls from the smaller man’s stomach. For a moment the detective’s pulse sped up, the raven’s eyes looking at him as though he were food. 

In this case, he was

“What I would give to have sharper teeth. You can barley pierce anything with these things.” Jungkook’s arm began to itch, reminding him of how Jimin bit him. 

     The younger opened the container up, turning it to the other. Jungkook realized he hadn’t brought utensils but the raven didn’t care, diving in with his hands. He ate like a lion. Jungkook’s mind conjured up the image of blood gushing down his chin. The rice splattered everywhere, making the severity of getting caught come up. 

“You better eat every last trace of food or I’ll never do this again.” Jimin stopped eating, finally looking at the man in front of him. 

“Let me out.” His voice was airy, like a demon trying to coax a child into giving them their soul.

      Jungkook reached for the food, threatening to take it away. Jimin swatted at his hand, nails slightly scratching him. This made the younger pull it away entirely.

“Give it back!” Jungkook closed the container and crossed his legs, placing it on his lap. 

“You want me to treat you like a human but you take advantage.” 

“Back! Back! ” Jimin shoots up, Jungkook harmonizing with his actions. The detective’s frame was much bigger but the raven didn’t care. He screamed, attempting to swipe at the food. 

      Jungkook tosses the container onto the chair he sat in before, grabbing Jimin’s body and slamming him onto the metal table. As his back collided with the hard surface he let out a pained whine, eyes opening with murder in his eyes. He tries to use his legs to push him off but the detective was too close for him to do anything. His hands were a pitiful attempt, Jungkook’s strength overwhelming him.

      Jimin strains his neck, trying to bite at him but Jungkook brings a hand to his neck, slamming his head back into the table. The raven’s breathing was erratic as he tries to pry the other’s fingers off. He wiggles harder, eyes mapping every feature of the detective’s face. Jimin’s body finally slowed down, the pressure around his neck making it difficult to breath. His eyes dimmed in intensity as his limbs began to go lax. Jungkook’s hold faltered as he pulled his own body back a bit. 

“I’ll eat carefully.” Jimin breathed out, throat brandishing a bright red hand print. 

      Jungkook’s lungs find a pattern as he lets up, allowing Jimin to rise and sit back into his chair. The raven began to wipe at the table, sweeping up the excess rice and pouring it into his mouth. The detective stood watching the display until the other folded their hands on their lap, waiting. Before Jungkook attempts to sit back in his own chair he notices something. He goes behind Jimin’s seat and places a hand on the back of his neck. He gripped and lowered Jimin against the table. It didn’t take any effort and the raven made no notion to object. With his other hand, Jungkook picked at the pieces of rice that littered the smaller man’s back and puts it in his pocket.

“How kind of you.” Jimin says warmly. Jungkook’s hands leave but Jimin doesn’t rise. Impulsively, the detective’s hand moves back the other man, sliding into his hair and pulling him to sit up.  

“You’re a big boy, you can use your words.” Jimin’s face looked up at him charmingly, startling Jungkook into releasing his grip. 

“That wasn’t me complaining.” The detective remained quiet, returning to his seat. He brought up the container and gave it back to the other man. 

“Eat.” 

“I’m not hungry anymore.” He saw the lie plain as day but relented. 

“Then what’s in your mouth?” Jimin was struck startled.
“Excuse me?” 

“What is in your mouth?” Jungkook tapped his own bag he found underneath Jimin’s chair that he somehow managed to snatch. The smaller man didn’t answer and instead scratched his ear in confusion. 

“I can list a bunch of things that I wish was in my mouth.” 

“Then list them.” 

      Jimin’s brows knitted, not expecting that response. 

“Your tongue.” 

      Jungkook scoffed. 

“Your severed tongue. And fingers.” Jimin swayed slightly as he spoke, nothing restricting him of doing just that. 

“What’s stopping you?” Jimin’s smile returned. 

“You know what it is, don’t you?” Jungkook leaned over the table. 

“Timing.” The detective responds to Jimin’s question. The raven doesn’t move as the other’s hand goes straight for his face. 

“Want to put your hands in a cannibals mouth? Be my guest.” It was at this Jungkook retreated. He sat back heavily, obviously thinking.  

“So, you broke all these rules to have dinner with me? Honestly, you’re quite the prince charming if it weren’t for all the slamming and throwing and grabbin-” 

“Have you ever used one of your victims?” Jimin’s rambling was cut short. 

“I find that living things are far more fun to play with.” Jungkook watches as something silver changes position behind Jimin’s lips as he talks. 

“I’ve used them for sure. But in more tasteful ways.” The elder opened the box of food, ripping the salt packet and sprinkling it on the rice. Before Jimin could shovel some into his mouth, Jungkook jutted forward. He connected their mouths as he fought to find what the raven tucked away. Jimin screamed in anger and attempted to bite at Jungkook’s prying tongue. Swiftly the detective found the paperclip but not before Jimin bit into the side of his tongue. Jungkook grimaced and spit the paper clip into his hand along with blood. 

      It was as though the appearance of this specific red triggered something in Jimin and he climbed onto the table, eyeing down Jungkook as something to kill. 

“Can’t control yourself around a little bit of blood?” 

     Jungkook didn’t move an inch when Jimin climbed the table to get to him. Jimin got to his hand and licked at the blood, ignoring the paper clip entirely. 

“I see you, Jungkook.” His well-manicured hands held the detective’s, bringing it to his throat. The paper clip dropped to the table and Jungkook’s hand was limp around Jimin’s neck. 

“I think you’re still mistaking me for something I’m not.” Jimin scooted closer to the detective on the table, spreading his thighs on either side of Jungkook.  

“I must look so foolish then.” The raven’s eyes slid closed. Jimin squeezed the detective’s hand harder, raking his other hand along Jungkook’s arm. Just to see what happens, Jungkook clutched the other’s neck. The raven’s eyes snapped open before flashing to the door. 

      They both were quiet. Jungkook was oblivious to what Jimin could have possibly heard. The raven leaned forward, making the other squeeze him in place. 

“I had gotten into your head.” Jimin whispered, eyes never leaving the door. Jungkook couldn’t understand how the crazed man wormed his way out of his grip so quickly. Confused, he watches as Jimin jumps off the table and slides onto his knees to the box with a padlock. 

Did he know the code this whole time? 

      Before Jungkook could process it, he felt electricity shock his body entirely immobile. He screamed in pain and saw the door fly open, his body convulsing as yelling rang off the once quiet walls. He saw Taehyung bolt into the room and land a hit straight to Jimin’s head, his body falling limp onto the ground. Knees digged into Jimin’s pilant back as his wrist got detained. A sour taste flooded Jungkook’s mouth as he watched Jimin get lifted up like a corpse. He was staring at him but there was no light behind his eyes. The only thing going through Jungkook’s mind was, 

‘What are you going to do with him?’

| | 

“Do you understand how dangerous Park Jimin is?” 

“I am aware.” 

“What were you doing in there after hours?” 

     Jimin’s words echoed in his mind. “I had gotten into your head.” He wants Jungkook to believe this so he isn’t at fault. The detective couldn’t find it in himself to repeat these words to his boss since, 

it wasn’t true .

“Feeding him. Something the facility is neglecting to do.” Jungkook’s boss rolled his eyes as if to say, ‘Like that animal needs to be fed’. 

“You just want him to do something horrible to punish him further.” He could tell he was losing his boss’ interest by the way he licked his fingers after taking another bite of his sandwich. 

“He has killed 28 people.” 

“We don’t know that.” He could already invision Jimin sitting softly on the ground in front of a pile of fresh corpses, red as a newly painted room. Jungkook did not know if he believed his own words. 

“This is a warning, Jeon.” He was waved out of the office. Jungkook’s hands burned at his side. Jimin was sent to solitary confinement. 

He wouldn’t even wish that on his worst enemy. 

| | 

21 days. 

     Jungkook counted as he tried to figure out a way to see Jimin. 

“I need to speak with him. This investigation is not over.” He was pushed and escorted out, told that the maniac broke rules, confessed, and needed to finish his punishment before further questioning. That night he sat in the waiting room’s bathroom thinking about how terrible confinement is and what he could do to get the other out. He stares at the mirror, not recognizing the stern face staring back at him. 

What is he thinking? 

      Just then he hears a shout before three gunshots. Jungkook’s blood ran cold. He had nothing equipped on him. He heard footsteps come towards his door before a gentle knock. 

“Is there anyone there?~” A soft voice called out. His throat was frozen but his body was burning. Get the fuck out of there! Jungkook opens the door and right away the sound of a gunshot bounces through the air. 

“Oh, it’s just you.” Jimin shot the wall at the very last moment upon recognizing Jungkook. 

“Detective, it was getting awful lonely in there. I missed you.” The doorway was completely blocked. Jimin noticed that Jungkook was looking for an escape and snugly placed the barrel of the gun underneath his chin. 

“Why don’t I show you what murder looks like?” Jungkook’s heartbeat moved Jimin’s hand up and down erratically. At least, that’s how Jungkook perceived it. The detective’s jaw quivered before setting, ready to be impaled by lead. 

      The raven chuckled before placing his lips on the other side of the detective’s neck, softly pressing his lips there. He sighs out dreamily. 

“It’s going to be so sad when you’re lifeless,” Jimin’s voice trailed into an airy whisper, 

“You’re just so interesting to me.” The gun was moved away and Jungkook’s Adam's apple bobbed harshly. Jimin turned to look out the door and grabbed the gun with both hands. With a small wiggle, he pointed his gun at a camera outside the bathroom’s entrance. He blew a handless kiss and shot, the camera shattering into a hundred pieces. 

“Thank you for trying so hard to help me,” Jimin turned back to Jungkook, wrapping his arms around the detective’s midsection. 

“But I don’t think you understand that I can get out of anything. ” The raven mumbled against his chest before kissing it. Jungkook was too afraid to move or to object.

“Maybe I won’t let your death be so painful.” With that statement said like a generous offering, Jimin leaned up and tasted the detective’s lips before leaving the bathroom. Not two seconds later another two shots were heard. 

      Jungkook turned to the inside of the bathroom, taking large strides to the toilet. He fell to his knees and heaved out painful chunks, his hands shaking as they came up to clutch at the toilet. Nothing more came up and he emptily gagged, bringing his hand to the place where the barrel touched. 

But he wasn’t broken yet. 

     He rinsed his mouth with water, raking the wetness across his face before shaking himself out. The thought of stepping outside the bathroom petrified him. 

What if Jimin decides that now is the time he’d take his life? 

Or he was just simply not entertaining enough anymore?  

      With that thought, he forced himself out the door to the sight of bloodied guards lifeless on the ground. 

“Jimin!” Jungkook froze. Why did he call out? A metal door swings loudly within a symphony of distant sirens. 

“Jimin, wait!” Jungkook began to run, passing body after body as his erratic movements electrify his insides. He couldn’t breath above the noises of his heart vibrating. His heel squeaks as he stops behind Jimin. The smaller man was knelt down, carving at an immobil man’s chest. His legs looked to have been broken and his consciousness was drifting in and out. 

“Had to preoccupy myself as I waited for you.”  Jimin looked up to Jungkook, his pupil’s unnaturally large. His hands were coated in a thick layer of red but there was only a ghosting of it at the corners of his mouth. Jungkook couldn’t take it. He saw that the person was in so much pain, being brought back to his body at every dig of his knife. Jungkook lurched down, grabbing the man’s skull and snapped inward. Just as quickly as he did it is how quickly he let him go, the man’s body falling limp.