Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 6 of The Marvel MSK Project
Stats:
Published:
2019-12-29
Completed:
2020-03-08
Words:
33,217
Chapters:
13/13
Kudos:
21
Hits:
464

Infixity War

Summary:

The Final Chapter of the Marvel MSK.

Cate has the power of the eternal flame
Sarah has power at Avengers Tower
and Maddie is a high class sorcerer.

That's a far cry from the starting status of common Trespasser from Book one huh?

and now
BY THE POWER OF RETCON!
THANOS SHALL CONSUME PANT!

Enjoy a highrolling Action bopping between our three protagonists and tying all the loose ends from all the books prior in one big chaotic bow!! Now in Hi-Def 4K and Dolby Digital Surround Sound! Again, not really, it's a book... I just have dreams... *Sad Summary Writer Noises*

Chapter 1: We'll Figure it Out

Summary:

Directly after the events of Ragnarocc Chapter 12, Stephen Strange and his assistant are on track to majorly alter the timeline to keep Thanos at bay where he belongs. With the Asgardians safely evacuated to Norway, a few dominoes need stacking before they can continue. Namely, someone has to end up yeeted into Space for a Guardian pick-up.

Chapter Text

A small ship sits in the shadow of a much larger vessel, the foreboding tone of the scene amplified as the larger ship charges an offensive attack beam and utterly destroys the smaller ship, killing everyone inside.

 

So good thing no one was inside.

 

“What?”

Ebony Maw looks down at the wreckage, ready with a speech to the many dead and dying Asgardians he was sure he hit. However his gaze is met with nothing of the sort, just metal and rubble floating in the expanse of space next to the shards of the recently destroyed Asgard. 

“What’s going on down there Ebony?”

The thundering voice frightened him.

“Nothing my liege~!”

“You’re lying to me.”

“No actually sir… I’m not. There’s no one here.” Ebony’s voice trembles, praying he could live another day as he felt the wave of frustration from his purple leader. 

Thanos’ gaze scans the wreckage thoroughly,

“How?” He growls.

“I d-don’t know your eminence~”

A roar has Ebony ducking as a random unneeded part of the ship is thrown in no direction in particular.

“Go to Earth and retrieve the 2 infinity stones there. I’ll collect the reality stone.”

“And the space stone sir?”

“We'll Figure it out, just get moving with a team.”

“Of course!”

 

~*~*~*~

 

Meanwhile on a cliff in Norway.

“Stephen! We need first aid over here!” I holler.

A familiar voice reaces me over the din of a hundred plus refugees.

“One moment Maddie!”

“Got it!!” I yell back. “He’ll be here in a minute. I’m not as good at mending magic, so I wouldn’t dare risk it, but I can keep your pain low until he gets here alright?”

The child nods at me and I mentally wince as I feel my magic return from Stephen’s hands. I can’t perfectly describe it, but keeping dimensional energy going through his fingers made him seem close, like there was always a part of me in a second place than my own body. When I retract it, not only do I feel regret, but I get the sensation of being disconnected from something, like I’m a balloon and someone just let go of the string. It was a terrifying feeling the first few times but now I am accustomed to it, no longer needing to impulsively be right next to him until the moment I return the magic. The other thing the magic does is give me a general sense of where Stephen is in relation to myself, meaning when I let the energy return, he can easily sneak up on me. Like right now.

“Alright I’m here.”

I jolt as his voice reaches me, not too far behind my form as I visibly jump. Strange is used to this, and merely taps my left shoulder to let me know where he’s going to be before striding to kneel at my left side. I almost feel like a horse in these moments, needing constant contact to know where he is and not get spooked by a sudden movement. It’s embarrassing, but also, I don’t mind too much as it means he has to be close. 

“H-her arm.” I stammer, kicking myself.

Stephen pays no mind, just starting a spell and mending the gash with ease.

“Keep your pain spell going for another minute or so while the muscle heals.” He instructs.

I nod without hesitation.

“Of course.”

At that he taps my back before walking off to the next refugee. My gaze going to the ground as I smile. He was always so considerate of my shenanigans. 

“You like him don’t you?”

The question caught me off guard, my head jerking upwards to the direction of the voice. The girl is smiling at me.

“I-”

My fingers mess with my hair as I feel the heat rise in my face, clearly becoming flustered by the thought.

“He likes you too.” She chirps, “He gave you the same look papa gives mom.”

My chest feels as though someone threw a box of pennies inside my rib cage. Each coin bouncing off my bones to make an echoing ripple across my body.

“R-really?” I ask, my voice sounding a bit more desperate than I intended.

The girl nods quickly, but her mother’s expression turns slightly scolding.

“Don’t meddle in people’s personal lives dear, it’s rude.”

I raise a hand.

“No-no! I-… I needed to hear that.~ So… Thank you.” I explain, face softening as the former embarrassment in my cheeks settles as a warmth across my chest.

The rest of the minute passes comfortably and I head over to the next refugee, visibly easing as my magic returns to Stephen. My gaze flicking straight to where he is before I tend to the person in front of me, a relieved sigh passing my lips as I only have to wrap this person with some gauze. 

 

Within a few hours everyone is tended to. My feet instinctively heading towards Strange.

“That’s everyone.”

“Good, but we still have work to do. Ready to send them out?”

I don’t even have to ask who he’s addressing.

“Ready when you are.”

In order for the timeline to go as planned Thor has to be picked up by the guardians. So now it’s time to make that happen. We step up to the Asgardians and Guest team.

“Hey Cate!”

I greet, going to hug her tightly, reciprocated gladly with a pat to my shoulder.

“Hey!” She returns the enthusiasm and then some when she speaks. “So uh, that light show back there was pretty lit

She makes some awkward finger-guns as everyone but me facepalms.

Stephen is the first to cut the ‘holy crap that reference was terrible’ silence, his tone starting off incredibly strained before easing into his normal confident attitude.

“Indeed. Um…. We have a problem.” He starts. We exchange a look and he goes on. “Maddie and I majorly altered the timeline. Everyone but Thor and Cate are supposed to be dead at this moment…”

Cate’s eyes go wide.

“What!? Why?”

“Thanos.”

Thor’s eyes widen in recognition.

“He’s-?”

“He’s got a gauntlet to control the infinity stones and he’s on his way, in order to keep the timeline on a semi-stable path we need to eject you and Cate into space to get help.”

The blonde male’s face skews, but Cate looks overjoyed.

“You said ejected into space right?! And I won’t die I’ll just be in space?!”

I giggle, knowing the source of her excitement.

“Yes, you’d just be in space, and no, no dying would occur.”

“We’re in!”

The female smacks Thor’s shoulder, clasping it in a friendly manner as her eyes sparkle with anticipation. Thor barely able to splutter a response to his own defense as Stephen takes the agreement and ejects them through a portal into a random quadrant of space far away from Thanos.

“You put the transmitter on her right?”

“I nodded didn’t I? Gave ‘er the ol’ ‘Hug and Tag’.”

I snap back, curving my brow coyly.

“Great.”

His smile is bright and I can’t help a small melting sensation in my chest as my gaze is forced away from him compulsively. My lowered vision letting me watch his skillful hands activate the beacon I’d cleverly planted on Cate’s back. It was a distress signal aimed at the Guardians of the Galaxy, identifying them as rich nobles in need of assistance after a ship failure. We know the scent of money will draw the help of the rag-tag bunch.

“Where to next Steph?”

“Time to get everyone in place.” 

“Then let’s get to it!”

We high five and walk forward, but Loki stops our dramatic exit.

“What about me?”

Oh yeah, my other plan. Time to get Loki some respect among his people.

“Well… With their home gone, these guys need a strong leader to guide them.” I reply, watching his face twist.

His eyes seem to ask if I’m serious, to which I nod and continue. “Show ‘em how good of a leader you are, they need you now.”

With my motivating speech setting up a valiant tone to the scene again, Strange and I swish our respective cloaks and step through a gateway to New York. 

 

Time for phase 2.