Actions

Work Header

There is Beauty in Darkness

Chapter 39: Never Give Up Hope, Part 2

Chapter Text

https://youtu.be/27eD9RNgJeg

 

 

*Lindenfeld*

The life of the Priory has been quickly snuffed away as the walls crumbled down. The once holy building was now an empty husk, collapsing in on itself. Trevor and Sypha held the gipsy children close to them as they escaped the building. Stopping just far enough to wait out the massive shaking and once it was over, they turned to see the Priory destroyed. So...it was all over. Right? Trevor lets a sigh as Sypha brings the children towards her, thankful that they weren't hurt too badly. But then Sypha turns and gasps in shock. Spotting the dying Judge, Sypha quickly runs to his side, hoping there was a way to help him. The Judge let out a weak cough as he laughs. "I've killed Sala." He whispered.

"Where is he?" Sypha asked as Trevor and the Twins approached them.

The Judge coughs as he tells them, "Take the backfield into the woods. Go right at the fork in the path. You'll find him. Find me my knife."

"Why?" Sypha asked, confused.

"Because I'm going to wait for that bastard in hell and kill him all over again when he arrives." The Judge says as he laughed. Gasping and coughing for air as he reached out to grab hold of Sypha' hand. "Burn my house down." And with that, the Judge took his last breath, dying shortly after. The group stood there, silent as they stared at the Judge. Taking a moment for him. But Selina and Duke noticed something odd. They approached the monk and lifted his hand. They turned it over and the group saw strange markings that seemed to be cut into his palm with a heated knife.

The twins gasped in shock when they saw it. What? What could the Judge have done to receive this? Trevor and Sypha saw the markings as well, confused at what they meant as it was much different than the ones they've seen around town.

"What the hell is that?" Trevor asked.

"The Reaper's Kiss." Duke said. "It's a powerful curse that can ensure the person will die and be a drag to Hell. Our people always use this curse on night creatures and we always activate them at once...but,"

"Why would the Judge have something like this? What sins has he committed to earning something like this?" Selina asked. The brother and sister looked at each other and nodded. They were going to search the deceased Judge's memories and see what happened. Unfortunately, they were unable to as the markings on both his palms glowed bright red. The Judge's body was engulfed in flames, causing the group to jump back. The flames ate away at the Judge right into his flesh and bones. And once the flames ceased to exist, there was nothing left of the judge. No ashes remained. Nothing but a burned patch of where he laid.

Sala ran farther into the woods, taking the Judge's advice. For once in his blackened soul, Sala felt true fear. Fear like he had never felt before. He needed to escape. He needed to get as far away from here as he can. If he doesn't he'll be surely killed. Sala ran and ran until he found a large apple tree. Just like the Judge says. This place would grant him a safe passageway free from his men. Sala turned around, worried that they were following as he backed up towards the tree. He couldn't die. He can't die. He had to escape! He had to get away from here! He can't die here! He can't-!

Sala let out a scream as he fell through the Earth. Feeling excruciating pain as he twitched and gasp for air. But within seconds, Sala died. Having fallen into a pit filled with spikes, killing him on the spot.

Eventually, Trevor, Sypha, and Selina and Duke had managed to find his impaled corpse. Although it concerned them when the children hesitated to step closer to the tree upon arrival. They looked almost fearful when they saw it. Trevor's eyes noticed something under Sala and knelt to get a closer look. "What's all that under him?" Trevor asked. When his eyes looked at the pit, he came to an answer. "This thing's been used a lot."

Sypha looked as well and began to have a gut-sinking feeling. "What are those small bones? Animals?" She asked.

"No."

Trevor and Sypha turned and saw the twins holding each other. Looking heart-broken as they gazed down the pit. "They're not animals..." Selina said. "There countless human bones in this horrid pit." Duke said. This immediately caught the Hunter and the Speaker's attention. Looking back, it became clear that they were indeed human bones and judging by how small they were... were... were these...? There still some scraps of clothing left behind.

They travelled back to the burned town, passed the destroyed homes and charred bodies laid scattered around. They walked past but noticed Vano and the gipsy clan helping the remaining survivors up to their wagons and tending to the injured. No doubt they were taking the survivors with them or at least letting them travel with them until they find a new home to live in. What caught Sypha's attention was one of the gipsy women carrying a small boy to the wagons. The boy wasn't wearing any shoes. She had seen him once before and recalled him wearing red shoes.

Vano was speaking to Everilda when she spotted her younger siblings. She called out to them and motioned for them to come closer. The Twins told the Hunter and Speaker they would see them soon and ran to their people. The two arrived at the Judge's home and looked at it. Thinking back to his final words and the pit trap.

"He asked me to burn it down." Sypha said.

"It's actually still standing. Should we burn down one of the few buildings left?" Trevor asked.

"It was his last request." Sypha reasoned.

Trevor narrowed his eyes. Something didn't feel right about this. Suspicious of the Judge, Trevor said, "You know what? Let's go in."

They entered the home and went straight to his office. It was exactly how it was when they last left it. Save for a single key on a plate. Trevor approached it, picked up the key and went to the door that was so carefully hidden in plain view. Trevor tore down the cloth hiding it and said, "I just want to know what's behind that door."

"That doesn't seem right" Sypha said. This was the judge's home, and it wasn't right to go through his belongings.

"Come on. This guy was so organized. There may be something the survivors could really use." Trevor justified. Turning the key in the lock. He opened the door and he and Sypha walked into a dark room. Sypha held up two fingers and lit a small fire to see the room...and gasp in horror when they discovered that the room held nothing but children's shoes. All at once, Trevor and Sypha quickly learned of the judge's true nature.

"Here, every little story is a huge thing. A farming accident. A sickness. A lost child."

Trevor's blue eyes burned with anger and hatred when he looked down at the shoes. The many children that were needlessly killed. By this town's own Judge.

"I have to say, running a town does not sound like it's fun." Trevor says.

"It has its little pleasures."

Little pleasures...?

Little Pleasures?!

"The Reaper's Kiss." Duke said. "It's a powerful curse that can ensure the person will die and be a drag to Hell. Our people always use this curse on night creatures and we always activate them at once...but,"

"The scraps of clothing in the pit. The small bones." Sypha began to say. Her eyes went wide as she felt her heart sink to her stomach. The more she looked at the children shoes, the sicker she felt.

"Yeah."

"He said he killed Sala."

"Yeah."

"It was his pit."

"He was the Judge. And he found his little pleasures." Trevor said in a solemn tone as he hung his head. The room became dark once again. He turned and saw that Sypha was gone. The Hunter gazed at the shoes one last time before turning around leaving. Not looking back. He rejoined with Sypha outside and no words were spoken. Sypha summoned three balls of fire and launched them into the home. Setting it ablaze. She created a fourth one, but...she was a little different now. She stared at the burning building and shot out the ball. Igniting the home into an explosion and engulfing it in flames. Sypha's hands fell beside her. Clenched in tight fists and shaking uncontrollably. Trevor went to her side and steady them, holding her hand and showing that he was still there for her.

"I want to leave here, now, and never come back." Sypha said in a sad tone. All Trevor could do for her and stand close and lean his forehead against hers.

 

*Carmilla's Castle*

"Alright. Let's see if I get it. Lenore planned to seduce Hector and get him to have sex with both her and you to put on that ring on him so his creations would be loyal to Lenore and, as an extension, to Carmilla. Silvanus, thinking she was planning to replace his mother, reacted with so much anger that it somehow managed to inflict damage to her...is that right?" Noah asked as he paced back and forth in the highest tower of the castle. After taking Silvanus out of the dungeon, Lilith stopped time again and she went to get Noah and took him with her to the tower.

The green-eyed Vampiress retucked the little boy in the blanket, making sure he was warm against the cold air. "That's right. I'm just glad I was able to alter Lenore's memories and fix her arm before releasing time. By the time I took her back to her room, she was under the impression that I was going to do it. It was also by pure luck that no one was able to smell blood." She said, not taking her eyes off the toddler. Constantly reminding herself that he was still a baby. A sweet-hearted, innocent baby. Why, oh why did he have to develop such terrifying magic?

Noah ran his fingers through his hair as he let out a sigh. He stopped his pacing and went over to sit beside her. "So...what now? It was easy to know he was a normal child, even with the stone he wears around his neck, it only protects the others. But now that he has this type of destructive magic...thing's will only get worse since he can't seem to control it." He said.

"I don't know, he really got upset and it's tied to his emotions. At least for now. But I think that what Leonora wanted to talk about with Hector." Lilith said.

"You sure that's all she wanted? Based on your story it sounded like she was planning to question Hector's loyalty. Also is it safe for them to be alone? What if-?" Noah began to ask before Lilith cut him off. "I ordered the guards to leave the dungeon so long as I was inside. I cast an illusion to it would seem that Hector's alone with me. Plus, Leonora didn't appear to be jealous...much. I think she wanted to talk about Silvanus's newly developed magic and...if she's still pretty enough for him."

"Oh. Right. To be fair, Vampires often have an ethereal beauty to them." Noah says as he glances down at his own Vampiric love. Lilith blushed as she smiles at him, leaning to rest her head on his shoulder. "So many things have happened. Much than I would've predicted. But we've come too far now."

Noah leaned against her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "I know...but it'll be okay. We'll all be okay. Try not to worry about it so much, Lilith and don't give up hope. It's all we have left to keep ongoing. We can't let go of it. Not now, not ever." Lilith looked up at her human love and thought back to her beloved family. Their smile. Their warmth. Their kindness. They and Noah were the very ones who installed the hope she has within her. He was right. No matter what happens, she can't ever give up.

Down in the dungeon, Hector and Leonora held each other close. The blanket covering their bare bodies underneath as they lay in silence. They were worried about Silvanus and the magic he posses. No matter how much they tried to think of the possibilities, they still couldn't understand how he could've developed magic the way he did. But in the end, they believed that Carmilla and Lenore were responsible for it. Maybe if Silvanus was in a safer, peaceful environment then he could've had a gentle talent or...maybe not.

"Hector...I'm scared. My child...what's going to happen to our child?" Leonora asks as she tried not to cry. Burying her face in her lover's chest. Hector held her closer, reaching up to stroke her long hair. "I don't know. But we just have to keep doing what we've always done; protect him from anything that might hurt him. We won't let Carmillia or any of those women touch him." He told her.

"But..."

"I'm scared too. But Silvanus is still very young, his emotions got the better of him. He was angry and scared that Lenore would tear us apart. We're his parents, we can help him. We can show him how to control his newfound magic. You're stronger and wiser in the arts, so I know you'll have the best ideas for him." Hector said, lifting her head so that she could look at him in the eye.

Leonora stared at her love and thought about it. She let out a sigh. He was right. Her baby was only four years old and he did acted out of fear. Silvanus is a kind hearted child and he'd never want to hurt anyone on purpose. Leonora nodded. They will help him. They'll make sure than their son will be strong to control his powers and maintains his innocent nature.

"Yes. Yes, you're right. We're all he has in this world." Leonora says as she reach up and cupped Hector's cheek. The pale blue-green eyed man smiled at his beautiful lioness and leaned down to place a kiss on her lips. When they pulled away, Leonora looked over at the ring Lilith had left for them. She picked it up and examined it. It was the same ring Lenore had worn on her finger, but it was a fake as the one Lilith wore. Her ring and the one she left him were fakes she had created herself so even if Hector wore it, it wouldn't have any effect on his creations. They will still be loyal to him and him alone. However, she a little bit of her magic to conceal that fact.

"Lilith's plans are still absolute. We can still pull through this." Hector says as he sat up. Taking the ring from Leonora. Putting it on his finger. "We will fight back when the time is right. For the sake of our dream."

"And for our hope. We keep our hope for freedom and our faith in God, it's the only way to provide ourselves the key to making our dream come true." Leonora says, sitting up and hugging his arm. Hector nodded in agreement and brought her in for a hug. They heard footsteps approaching them and look up to see Lilith walking over with Silvanus in her arms. She opened the cage and walked inside.

"It's time." Was all she said.

 

The three Vampiric sisters all sat around in the drawing-room, having a small celebration as they poured themselves a glass of fresh human blood as they found that they had perfected their plan. "Morana's a genius." Striga says, smiling at her light blue-eyed lover. All of the plans she had made now were all thanks to her beautiful Morana.

"It was all my idea, though." Carmilla stated. The muscular commander of Styrian army took a bit offence at that, not liking the thought that her leader wasn't giving Morana the credit she deserves and tried to defend her. "I-."

"Leave it, Striga." Morana told her. Not wanting to make a big deal out of it. Striga closed her eyes and leaned back in her seat. "Say it. Morana's a genius." She said.

"It was still my idea." Carmilla smiled as she took a sip of her drink.

"Your idea was the equivalent of the village idiot walking in here and saying, "I think we should be able to light fires by punching a fish." It basically made no sense and Morana made it work anyways." Striga told her.

"Oh, for God's sake." Carmilla said with a roll of her eyes.

"Striga, she knows." Morana says as she puts a hand on her love's leg to comfort her.

"I certainly do not." Carmilla said.

"Yes, you do." Morana said.

"How could you know that?" Carmilla asked with a light smile.

"I am a genius." Morana stated. Their conversation was briefly interrupted when the door opens to reveal Lenore and Lilith walking with an obedient Hector. "You're all brilliant. Stop bickering." Lenore tells them. "Don't dawdle, little puppy." Lilith says in her sweet, childish facade as she pulls Hector along. The rest of the Vampiresses held a look of disgust when they saw him.

"What's he doing here? Lilith. Lenore, this is our room. We don't even let the guards in here." Carmilla tells them.

"You wanted Hector's help. So, Hector gets to sit with us sometimes." Lilith says as she pulls Hector around the table. Hugging his arms as she smiles at her 'sisters'. She smiled at Lenore and the ginger red haired Vampiress nodded. "Catch." She says as she tosses Carmilla a small dark blue bag. She emptied the bag to reveal three more of the red and black banded rings.

"What's this?"

"Well, we have a few Vampire magicians here. I had one of them make those. I also borrowed that book from him." Lenore tells her. Morana look over at the rings and was impressed by them. "Hmm. The blacksmith magician. Brave choice. Striga almost had him staked out in the sunlight over Christmas after he melted down her old armor to make himself new feet." Morana chuckled.

"That's him, lovely old man. Strange twitch." Lenore says as she sits on the table next to Carmilla. She and Lilith held Hector's hand and showed them to the white-haired Vampiress. "These are slave rings. One of them found its way on to Hector's hand while he was swearing his loyalty to our darling Lilith."

"Excuse me?" Carmilla asks with a slight smile, already knowing what Lenore was talking about. Lilith let out a childish giggle as she hugged Hector's arm again. "That's right. He was inside me at the time." Lilith tried so hard not to gag in disgust from that. Hector too. But they manage to save face and kept up with the act. Hector prenteded to be angry with her and wrest his arm away from her, stepping back.

Lilith kept on giggling and said, "So, as you know, when Hector forges a night creature, they are loyal to him. But now! He is bound to me through the spell on these rings. When he makes a night creature, they're loyal to him, and he swore loyalty to me, so they're loyal to me, too."

Lenore took two of the rings in Carmilla's hand and threw them across the table towards Striga and Morana. "All these rings are linked. Wear the ring, and his night creatures will be loyal to you, too. And if Hector ever tries to harm us, or take it off, or run away, his ring will cause him so much pain that he'll think he shat out his own heart. Problem solved!" Lenore says.

"Isn't that just wonderful?! Now all of my puppy's monsters will serve us and Carmilla with no questions asked and I didn't have to kill him this time. I'll have my cute little pet to play with a long time." Lilith said with a beaming smile.

"Bloody hell." Carmilla said, almost stunned.

"In return, we're going to convert one of the old outbuildings for him and the tiny one to live in. We're going to make it nice. He's going to live just as well as we do, and he's going to have
freedom of the castle." Lilith tells the others. Shooting Hector a smile. The Forgemaster gave a subtle nod in return.

"Oh, I don't think so." Carmilla says, preparing to shoot the idea down.

"I do. He gets something back from this." Lenore said, taking her baby sister's side. "He gets a comfortable life. He gets to feel safe."

"Do I get to-" "Morana will-." Hector and Lenore began to say at the same time before the red-eyed Vampiress shushed him. "Shh, shh. The real people are talking." She whispers to him. Lilith clenched her hands tightly behind her back as she kept smiling. 'Pompous whore.'

"Morana will make the arrangements. Striga will organize the forging. Carmilla will agree to all this and live with it." Lenore says.

Carmilla let out a scoff as she shrug her shoulders while Morana chuckled, "I'm not a genius. She is."

"The Vampire sister and the Princess had their own scheme all along." Striga said with a smirk.

"Oh, my God. You adopted him!" Carmilla says, looking at her young protégé. Lilith gave her 'master' a pout and folded her arms. "Carmilla." She said. Her hair flowing around as her eyes began to give a red glow.

"All right. Fine." Carmilla says.

"Oh, and the house will need a really big bed. Lilith told me he's actually fairly good at sex, and wants to train him." Lenore says so casually.

"Get away from me. Uck, seriously." Carmilla said as she pushes Lenore off the table.

"Please leave now." Striga said

"I don't think I needed that information" Morana said. "Did I need to know that?"

"Bye-bye!" Lilith says as she grabs Hector's hand and the two left the room, leaving the Council of Sisters to their own leisure. They walked through the castle and as soon as Lilith knew they were alone. She let go and turned to Hector who was seething with rage. "She wanted to trick me and make me her slave."

"She did. She tried to twist it into making seem she was doing you a favour." Lilith said.

"She wanted to make me a slave, and ruin my life! I don't even want to know what she planned to do with my family!" Hector shouted as he fell to his knees. Lilith looked down at the Forgemaster with sympathy and knelt down to his level. Reaching forward to put a hand on his shoulder. "But that didn't happen. We managed to avoid that and you and your family's life is saved."

Hector's body shook with anger for a few more minutes and let out a sigh. Slowly calming down. He looked up at his friend and sat up. Reaching over to grasp her hand. He let out a sigh and smiled at her. "I'm glad to have you as a friend I can actually trust in this hellhole. Thank you, Lilith." Hector said.

The green-eyed Vampiress shook her head and returned his smile. "There's no reason for you to thank me, Hector. I just...wanted to do something to repay my debt. I promise you, I'll do everything I can to protect you, Leonora and Silvanus and set you all free. I won't let Carmilla have her way. Not if I had anything to say about it." Hector nodded in agreement and stood up with her help. The two gave each other a reassuring smile and walked back to the others hand in hand. They two had dreams for the future. For Hector, to be free an live in a peaceful home with Leonora and their children. And for Lilith, to create a new age for Vampires and humans to live together in unity. It was their driving hope. They can't let it go.

 

*Lindenfeld*

Morning came as quietly as the night before was still. The fires had all died down, leaving remnants of the destruction from last night. Trevor and Sypha found their wagon but before leaving they went to talk to the gipsy clan to talk to Vano. The clan were still around making sure all of the survivors were present and accounted for. Trevor spotted one of the women caring for the children and walked over to her. "Excuse me, where is Vano." The hooded woman turned her head to face him.

The moment Trevor saw her face, he felt his heart skip a beat and stopped. If he didn't know any better he thought he had met a exact doppelgänger. 'Miri...?' He thought to himself. Mecry stood up and bowed to the Hunter. "My husband should be around somewhere. He and a few of our brothers went to find-, oh, there he is." Mercy says as she turned to the side. Trevor and Sypha looked over to see Vano and his fellow men walking over to them.

"Belmont. Miss Belnades." Vano greeted.

"We just wanted to say goodbye before we go...and to say thank you for your help." Sypha tells him.

Vano bowed his head and said, "There's no reason for to thank us. We only wished to help. What will be your plans once you leave here?"

"Don't know. But we're never coming back here." Trevor said in a low tone.

"I understand. Well, as honorary members of our family, we all wish you safety and happiness." Vano said. Taking a long look at them. His eyes gazing into their hearts. This tragedy has changed them somewhat.

"Vano. We know where Miri is, we can tell you where to find her." Trevor said, offering to give him the whereabouts of his beloved daughter. Shocking the rest of the gipsies and Mercy. However, he surprised them by shaking his head smiling. "I do wish to where my child is, but you told me she is alive...and she must be safe wherever she is if you're here without her. You have my eternal thanks for the sense of peace you given me. However, we must stay and help bury the lost souls that were taken from them. These people need our protection right now."

"That's very kind of you. I hope we'll meet again someday." Sypha says, trying to smile but found herself unable to.

Trevor and Vano shook hands as a sign of friendship and making them official honorary members of the clan. The hunter gave the chief the directions on where to go if he ever wants to see Miri and Vano gave the two plenty of water, some food and blankets to help keep warm. They said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. Although, Trevor and Sypha were saddened when they didn't see Duke or Selina among the crowd. They wanted to see them again before they left. But...they needed to go.

As they drive out in their wagon, a new darkness has settled on them. A haunted Sypha rests against Trevor and holds on to his arm. Her mind was in a small state of tourment. She had seen and faced horrible things in her lifetime, but never had she ever experienced something so inhumanly evil. "This could not have gone more wrong. What happened?" She asks. How...? How could've things gone so wrong?

Trevor sullenly replies, "We've spent a couple of months living your life. Adventures and victories. And now, we're living my life." This whole time, up until now, they have been living in "Sypha's world", where monster hunting is a thrilling adventure, filled with a righteous sense of victory. Now - for the moment at least - they are living in Trevor's and his family's world: a world where they fight the monsters because they have no other choice, but should know better than to expect any kind of moral clarity, let alone any sense of vindication, where the people they defend are just as vicious and cruel as the monsters they are being saved from.

The two fell silent after that. Just letting the words sink in. They didn't realised that when they spoke to Vano, it was a small distraction to let two stowaways sneak aboard their wagon. Duke and Selina peeked from underneath the blanket they were hiding from and gazed sadly at the Hunter and Speaker. They saw the darkness settling into them the destruction Sala and his men, and even the Judge had caused. The twins knew this. Their sister knew this. Vano knew this. That's why they allowed them to go travel with them. The brother and sister looked back at each other and held the other's hand. They have to install the light back in them. Even if it's small, they must give back their hope.

 

*Dracula's Castle*

When did things...become so colourless? The green of the tree lines were gone. The scent of flowers were nonexistent. Everything was so dull and monochrome. Alucard's saddens only deepens when the wind blew...and he could no longer hear the sweet, melodic voice he had loved so much. Everything was cold, bland and lifeless around him. Alucard was on his way back to the castle after gathering food, stopping only to check on the blue rose garden his beloved had worked so hard to create. Making sure it was properly watered and gaining sunlight.

"Well. I suppose I could've put up big signs all over the place. Do not enter. Danger of death. Abandon all hope." He darkly remarks to himself, scoffing a bit. "That sort of thing." He says as he walks past Taka and Sumi, both were still trapped in their icy prison outside the front door. Of course, Alucard had planned to rip them out and punish them for their betrayal and what they had to her...but when he thought that, Alucard would smack himself and harshly scold himself for even thinking of it. And although he wanted to hung up signs to keep visitors away, he knew full well that this wasn't want she wanted.

She didn't want him to hurt Sumi and Taka, in fact, she didn't want to bring them any harm at all. Nor did she ever want to be closed off from the world. He couldn't do that. Not to her. Never to her. Alucard walks inside the castle and looked up at the main foyer. His heart ached terribly. Fear slowly settled into him that all these thoughts might be a sign that he'll go down the same path as his father.

No...

NO!!

He can't! He can't go down the same path as him. He was not his father. He cannot allow these feelings take over him, even if it had hurt them, he can't ever let these negative feelings win. Miri wouldn't and he wouldn't either. He has to stay strong. For her. Alucard knew that forgiving Sumi and Taka would take a lot of time, as well as trusting anyone else, but he swore to himself that he remain to be the man that Miri fell in love with.

Alucard put the basket on the kitchen table before going up the stairs and towards his bedroom. He opened and closed the door as quietly as he can. Softly approaching the beautiful, peacefully sleeping girl on the bed. "Hello, Miri. I'm back. I'm sorry if I was away too long." He says as he reached over to brush away the hair from her face. Leaning down to plant a kiss on her forehead. Miri had been asleep since last night and has yet to show signs of ever waking up. The only thing that kept Alucard from wallowing in despair was knowing that her heart was still beating. She was alive...but she didn't wake.

Though she was right there in front of him, Alucard missed her so much. Tears fell from his eyes as he held her hand and went his knees. He softly kissed her knuckles and pressed them against his forehead. "My sweet darling... My beloved angel... You were on my mind when I woke up this morning, remembering your smile. I guess the next time I'll see your face will take a little while. I was remembering your arms around me, loving the way they always feel warm with you by my side. I completely feel no harm. I was remembering your voice, makes my heart skip a beat but without you... my whole body's weak. Your charming smile unlocks the door of my heart... Your gentle touch opens the window of my soul. But where are your charming smile and gentle touch now, my love? Believe me, I miss you a lot... I sat alone and thinking of you... Nothing, but you, I need... My heart, my eyes all bleed...Waiting for you... Please come back to me, Miri. Please come back."

Alucard cried for moment. Praying, and wishing his Miri would wake up. Wake up and bring back the colour in his life. Wake up and love him again. Alucard promised her that he'll always protect her and won't allow anything or anyone hurt her ever again. After a while, the blonde-haired dhampir rose to his feet and placed another kiss. This time to her soft lips. "I'll be right back." He says to her. Leaving the room to prepare himself dinner.

 

 

 

Then...moments after he leaves the room, Miri's hands twitch and consciousness slowly returned to her. Miri's brows furrowed as she slowly opened her eyes. She felt so restful, how long had been asleep? That didn't matter. Miri looked around the bedroom and carefully sat up. The very first thing she asked was, "Adrian, where are you?"