Actions

Work Header

Shattered

Summary:

"He's your baby. He's your spider baby." Peter Parker has been groomed to be HYDRA's secret weapon since he became orphaned at 2 years old. When they loose Wanda Maximoff to the Avengers Peter is given the task of bringing her back. Pretending to be a normal, high school student is not what he had in mind. AU. Dad! Tony. Eventual Peter/MJ.

Notes:

New story! The usual Dad! Tony + Son! Peter with a twist. I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Chapter 1

“Chinese.”

“Mexican.”

“No Thai.”

Natasha Romanoff grumbled as she placed the colorful take out menus down on the coffee table and stared at her fellow Avengers who were acting like a bunch of college students. “Would you guys please pick something before we end up eating stale crackers?”

Steve Rogers, Wanda Maximoff, Vision, Bruce Banner, Sam Wilson, and Tony Stark were sitting in the large lobby of the newly refurnished HQ trying to relax after well, their almost annihilation after Tony had created a killer robot for lack of a better word.

Now everyone was trying to get things back to how they were before. Even if they were acting like a couple of stupid, college kids. Natasha briefly wondered if she should have followed Clint’s advice and gone to his farm for a few days instead of playing camp counselor.

“Or we can get everything.” Tony said with an eyeroll as he looked up from where he was lying down on the expensive Italian couch. “I’m not exactly poor you know, I can afford a couple of measly meals.”

Sam raised an eyebrow as he flickered through the colorful menus. “The man has spoken. As long as I get my Thai food I am good to go.”

“Call them up, Nat.”

Natasha wacked Tony with the menus. “Call them yourself.” Tony rolled his eyes as he started looking through the menus. Natasha looked at Steve and raised an eyebrow. “What’s up with you, wonder boy?”

“Nothing.” Steve looked weirdly out of place in civilian clothes, the jeans and T-shirts did not suit him. He looked uncomfortable and liked he would give anything to be currently in the battlefield at the moment. “It’s just weird isn’t it? All this peace-I’m not used to it. I’m not used to doing nothing.”

“You can’t be seriously be missing the fighting,” Bruce sounded exhausted. “We just finished another near-death experience. We can’t have any more.”

“Maybe we can have you do more of those wonderful PSA’S for our lovely American high schools.” Tony quipped mimicking Steve’s voice. “Don’t do drugs kids or you will end up like me!”

Steve threw Tony a dirty look and Wanda immediately stood up. “I’m going to bed.” She said in her usual curt way as the rest of them mumbled good nights even though it was barely half past six. “What’s her problem?” Tony grumbled. “It’s been two months since Ultron, she can’t still be upset.”

“Give her a break.” Bruce said gently. “She lost her brother and she was doing whatever HYDRA wanted for so long that it must be a lot not having to answer to anyone. Give her space, Tones she is still so young.” Tony mumbled something under his breath.

Sam broke the silence as he opened a brightly colored menu. “So who else wants pizza?”


It was his fourteenth year. That was what Dimitri had told Peter Parker when he had been given his daily dose of spider radioactivity this morning. The little spider that had provided 7 year old Peter with Spider like abilities had turned into a dozen and Peter received a daily dose of the injection every morning. The first couple of years had been with the hope that Peter would develop even more abilities than what he already had, when that didn’t seem to happen he was given the doses to make sure that Peter kept his powers and they didn’t have to retrain him.

He had spent 12 years of those fourteen years being taken care of by HYDRA. Peter had lost his parents when he was 2. It had been from a plane crash or a car crash or something. Dimitri had never been clear and Peter didn’t care enough to ask.

Peter had been injected with the spider venom when he was 4 or 5 for the first time. He honestly couldn’t remember, all he remembered was pain, but after that the pain had finished and he had felt great. Now he could climb walls, he had super strength, and amazing healing abilities. All that pain had been worth it.

Peter winced as Dimitri entered the needle in his arm and Peter winced. Even after years he wasn’t fond of needles. It didn’t hurt exactly, but Peter still would prefer to get punched in the face. “What is my next mission?” Peter asked him. He had just returned from a mission in Holland in where he had been ordered to assassinate an entire family including a newborn baby.

It had been messy and Peter had grown tired of the pleading and the crying and of his face and body covered in blood. But it finally had been done and he was back with HYDRA in a small base located in the middle of nowhere in Russia.

“Where am I going again?” Peter asked as he pulled back his arm. “What’s my next mission?” He usually only got 1-2 days for resting whenever he finished a mission. If the mission was done poorly, he got no rest and usually a beating.

Peter would rather be doing a mission rather than being bored on the base and going through the same boring practice routines. He had been rooming with the Winter Soldier for a while before they had separated them. Last time Peter had heard about him, he had been in Germany.

“You need to get Scarlet Witch back,” Dimitri said calmly. “She is currently in New York in the United States. Unfortunately, she is surrounded by those pesky Avengers.” He handed Peter a bright piece of paper in shades of white, gold, and red. STARK INDUSTRY INTERSHIPS FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS. STUDENTS MUST BE AT LEAST 14 YEARS OLD AND BE ENROLLED IN THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS. . .

“Your job is to lure her back in. The last thing that we need is for the Avengers to use her against us.”

“Wanda doesn’t even know me.” Peter said with an eye roll and Dimitri gave him an evil look. “How am I going to lure her back?”

“You’re going to be sharing the same space, you just have to gain her trust. We’ll take care of the rest.” Dimitri said as he pointed back to the flyer annoyingly. “If you get this internship you will be in the same space, you get her trust, and then we will take care of the rest.”

Peter’s eyebrows furrowed. This wasn’t his usual mission of a quick kill or torture. This was almost. . .boring. “I’ve never been to school.”

“You will learn.” He said losing his patience with him. “It’s just high school, don’t argue with me on this Spider Man. The last thing that I need is a stubborn brat on my hands. I can entertain your time in other ways that are much more pleasurable for me.”

Peter flinch and shook his head, “Good boy. I knew you would see it my way.”

“So…high school.”