Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-02-13
Completed:
2020-09-01
Words:
48,939
Chapters:
12/12
Comments:
69
Kudos:
244
Bookmarks:
68
Hits:
9,403

Rey's Anatomy

Summary:

Grad student Rey Johnson and her friends are the new interns in the department of psychology at Coruscant General Hospital. After a tepid introduction at their orientation, Rey quickly learns that she has feelings for the fellow, Dr. Ben Solo, who is supposed to be supervising them all this semester. Not only that, but all of her fellow cohort members are shacking up and falling in love, leaving Rey alone to her own devices and thoughts more and more frequently.

How will this ethical nightmare unfold? Will any of the horny interns figure out how to stop slinking around the hospital like unfixed cats? And will Rey ever get up the courage to stop fantasizing about Dr. Solo, or will things escalate?

Escalate like an escalator, let's go.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Whore-ientation

Chapter Text

Her badge read:
Dr. Rey Johnson
Intern
Psychology

The first long day of orientation was finally over. Rey’s small plastic prize bearing her name was clipped to the front of her dark green blazer as she got her things together to head home. She’d sat through an eight hour slog of cultural orientation, anti-harassment, sensitivity training, and electronic documentation. After a few rounds of introductory games, she networked her little fingers off, dutifully typing in the names of her fellow psychology interns--Finn and Poe seemed delightful and really looking forward to starting their psych rotation. There was quiet Hux, who was a bit shy and broody. Finn and Poe were going to the Veteran’s department. Hux was assigned to the transplant team. Rey had lucked out and was partnered with Rose, who she knew from her master’s program, both students at Alderaan University. They were off to emergency care. Although nervous, Rey was excited to handle the crisis side of the rotation for the next 14 weeks before their departments rotated. Rose had nudged her, whispering, “Get the toughest stuff out of the way, that’s what I say!” Rey felt she and Rose would make a perfect pair.

But then there was Ben. A tall, standoffish psychology fellow. He easily stood a full head and a half over Rey and Rose. His crisp black slacks and grey shirt were punctuated with the line of his slim tie. Dr. Ben Solo clearly didn’t mince words. He curtly shared that he would be helping them through their first year of training when Luke Skywalker or Leia Organa, the lead psychologists, weren’t available. Whereas Luke radiated wisdom, and Leia warmth, Ben was a stark, intense contrast. Oddly, both Mr. Skywalker and Ms. Organa seemed to find affection for him, giving him a smile when he returned to his seat, and maybe that was a sign he wasn’t all serious, right?

Wrong, so wrong,” Rey thought as she shoved her phone into her pocket. Taking Ben’s number had been the strangest, least friendly interaction of the day. Rey wondered after how someone so aloof and cold could be a psychologist. She glanced around for Rose and saw Ben standing a full head above Mr. Skywalker, listening to his animated speech. Ben was so sharp--strong triangle jaw, pointed nose, even his hands were as if they were hewn from marble. There was nothing she could find warm or soft about him. Even his gaze was intense and brooding.

Rose was off by the door, chatting up Hux, who had gone a shade of pink that complimented his gingery locks. Rey walked over to join them, “And I was just saying to Hux, here that we should go out, get drinks! Let’s enjoy our last night of freedom before we drown in notes and cry about being on call,” Rose greeted her.

Rey shrugged her shoulders and gave a little nod of her head. “Sure, why not, it’s Thursday and we’ve got a whole three days to recover before we start.”
Rose beamed, “Great, I invited Poe and Finn, and I told Ben he was welcome to join us, but..”
She paused, looking for the right word--classic therapist.

“He’s kind of an ass?” Hux supplied, and Rose balked a little.

“I was going to say he seems like he doesn’t imbibe, but if you must be so bold,” Rose finished.

Rey laughed. “Great, then I’ll head home to change, and meet you guys. Wanna shoot a group text and we can all meet up around eight?”

Hux nodded, and Rose, ever the eager master of ceremonies, pinged everyone right then and there.

Northern Lights Bar, 3rd and Milwaukee, happy hour 6-9” Rey read a few hours later. Rose had even tossed in a map and a menu, for good measure.

Rey had thrown a half dozen assorted outfits together on her bed. Northern Lights was a jazz club, and she had just a few sequin things that she thought might say, “Hey I’m lively and fun!” but nothing she pulled together made her feel comfortable to wear around new friends, especially not if Ben, the only one who hadn’t confirmed yet, did show up. Nothing like implying you need a good lay the first day possibly hanging out with your lead psychologist.

“Ah fuck it,” she bemoaned and slid into a pair of jeans with a glittery spaghetti strap, plunge v shirt. With a jean jacket for good measure, Rey polished off with a touch of lip gloss and cut out booties. If Ben Solo couldn’t be bothered to text back, he probably wasn’t coming. “Too good to hang out with the lowly first years,” Rey thought to herself, as the memory of his dark eyes under that deep brow flashed in her brain before he was gone again.

The Uber pulled up and Rey stepped out into the evening, greeted by the soft sounds of muffled jazz before she even got into the bar. Hux was outside having a drag. His ginger hair was slicked back and curled around the edge of a black turtleneck, atop navy slacks and black tassel Oxford dress shoes. Rey felt a little relieved she wasn’t the first one there and gave a wave. Hux jerked his head toward the door, “Rose is here and so is Finn. Poe’s running late.”

“So no Ben?” Rey asked.

“Doubt that smug guy would want to hang out with the new kids on the block.” Hux flicked the butt of his cigarette expertly into the bin and held the door for Rey. She chuckled a little, glad she wasn’t the only one who had Ben pinned for a smug ass.

Loud trumpet poured out into the street when they entered and was met with a trill of saxophone. Hux pointed over to the far side of the bar, where Rose raised her glass and shot a big smile their way. They had a snug booth with an extra chair tacked on the end. Rey counted room for five and found herself relieved no one else was expecting Ben either. At least her outfit wouldn’t be scrutinized by his penetrating gaze. That image of his dark eyes flicking up to her after punching his number into his phone bubbled back up, but slipped away once more.

Rose had a breezy tan shirt studded at the shoulders, and sported charcoal jeans. Finn was dressed a little flashier, with a black leather jacket over a shirt patterned with delicate sunflowers. He was sporting a very fashionable watch. He patted the seat next to him as Hux slipped into the booth next to Rose.

“It’s a little quieter over here!” Finn still had to raise his voice, but at least Rey could hear him. He raised a whisky neat to his lips and looked over Rey’s head toward the stage where a trio were warming up the bar with some up tempo beats. Clearly Finn was enjoying himself already. Rey felt more relaxed as she settled in and slipped off her jacket.
.
“What are you having?” Rey pointed to Rose’s glass. It was a multi layered drink with grenadine and a little umbrella.

“What!?”

“What. Are you. Having?” Rey called louder.

“Oh! Something called the Naboo. It’s got mint in it?” Rose offered.

“Eh, maybe next time. I’ll be back,” Rey slipped away to the bar. She was stuck waiting to get the bartender’s attention, when Poe slid up next to her and tipped two fingers off his brow to her.

“Well, hello there,” she smiled at Poe. He had a loose linen shirt under a red bomber jacket and his five o clock shadow was coming in.

“Hey, sorry I’m late!” Poe smiled. He flashed those two fingers at the bartender, who promptly came over and gave Poe a little flirty smile. “I’ll have a scotch on the rocks, and for you?” He gestured to Rey.

“Guinness tall, please,” Rey filled in. When she reached for her wallet, Poe waved her off.

“You can get the next round,” He offered at her protest. When the bartender came back with their drinks, she had a little finger twirling her hair as Poe left her tip, without acknowledgement.

Rey turned to lead him to their table when Poe grabbed her arm, “Wait, Rey. Can I ask you something?” She turned back to face him, with his worried brow, but hungry eyes.

Rey felt her cheeks pinken. “Oh Lord,” she did not want to have the first day, the first of the next year, leave an awkward encounter with an infatuated Poe. Rey had been notoriously at an arm’s length with intimate relationships. “Uhm, Poe, I don’t know if...” Rey paused. ‘Please, please, please don’t say what I think you’re gonna say,’ She thought. “I’m not sure --”

“Do you think Finn is cute?” Poe interrupted her, unable to stop himself. His eyes flicked up over Rey’s head to Finn, who was now tapping the back of the booth in time with the band, just vibing.

“Do I what?” Rey was taken aback.

“Do you think… Do you think I’d have a chance? It’s just, we hit it off really well at orientation today, and I just.. It would be awkward wouldn’t it, if we both worked in the same department. If I had a chance I was thinking I should transfer to a different unit.” Poe rambled out.
Relief poured over Rey as the lightbulb went off in her head, “OH! Oh. Uh…” Rey turned around to look at Finn. “Clearly, my gaydar isn’t the best,” she finished lamely, turning back to Poe.

“What? Oh god, oh, Rey I’m sorry. I see how that looked. You’re cute, but like, look at that man.”

Poe was right. Finn was very athletic, with big soft lips, and a devil-may-care attitude. He was very nurturing and had been so kind and outgoing, downright likeable at orientation.
“Only one way to find out if it’s friendship or flirting,” Rey joked and handed Poe his drink.

When she brought Poe to the table, to many happy greetings, Rey took the chair and let Poe slide in next to Finn. She smiled at Poe over the top of her glass and took a sip. Poe’s tan cheeks flushed a little when he realized Finn didn’t lower his arm from the back of the booth, his fingers now drumming in tempo behind Poe’s ears.

The band was heating up as the cohort continued to chat and drink. Swirling melodies filled the air and as the first band retired an hour later, Rey went back to the bar with second round orders. It was surprisingly quiet as they changed out the set, and Rey heard the tinkle of the bar’s doorbells ring. Instinctively she glanced over and her jaw dropped.

Ben Solo strode in, black leather jacket over a band tshirt and ripped jeans, leading six equally dark clad figures in toe. They filled into the empty seats at the bar. Their cheeks were all rosy, and they were a touch disheveled, “Oh, probably bar crawling,” crossed her mind.
Rey felt her own face blush when she saw the subtle coloring of alcohol grace Ben Solo’s alabaster features. He wore a soft smile as he chatted with one of the men to his side. None of them had noticed Rey across the bar, and by the time she had collected her, Poe’s, and Rose’s drinks, Ben looked up to order. Rey had scurried back to the safety of her booth.

“Well now we know why he didn’t get back to us,” Rose said as she took her glass from Rey.
“They look like a fucking 2002 emo boy band,” Hux scoffed and knocked back the last of his drink. He stood up and rolled his shoulders back. With a little drunken swagger in his steps, Hux headed to the bar to order another.
Finn craned his neck back to watch Hux, who went up the side nearest Ben’s crew, clearly posturing. “What is he playing at?” Finn asked.

The group felt tension roll up their spins as Hux grabbed his drink, shot a filthy look at the men, and tossed his head as he strode back to the crew. Ben clearly saw that from his scowl that Rey could read from clear across the bar, but Ben turned back to his own.

“Ooooh, bold, Captain Passive Aggressive,” Poe sneered at Hux, who turned a deeper shade of pink as he sat back down.

“He doesn’t get to just show up to crash our night out with his boys and not think we didn’t see him,” Hux tried to defend himself.

“Guys, guys, it doesn’t matter,” Rose inserted herself. “They’re way over there, we’re way over here, and the next band is getting ready to start.”

Hux slunk down in his seat a little, and Poe leaned back against the booth. Rey noticed this time, Finn thumbed at Poe’s ear, but she looked away, smiling into her beer.

As promised, the second band, led by a portly trumpeter, struck up. Before long and a second drink of liquid courage down, Poe pulled Finn out of his seat and to the dance floor. Rose shoved at Hux until he stood, and she grabbed his hand and Rey’s. They joined their friends. Other patrons soon joined in and before long the small patch of floor was full of people bopping, bobbing, and cha-chaing along to the funky groove pouring from the band.

Somewhere between dancing with Poe and Finn, a stranger grabbed Rey’s hand and spun her to the wild rhythm. A little drunk and adrenaline pumping, Rey spared a few minutes to dance with the tall dark stranger. Something, though, made Rey look out and saw Ben staring at her. Just as quickly as she caught his eye, he looked back down at his beer, but she couldn’t mistake the flush that crept up the back of his neck. After the tune shifted, Rey broke away from her nameless friend and wound her way to the bar, daringly close to Ben’s squad.

Through the din she could just hear them, all deep voices that carried with baritone, chatting about work and school. The bar was much fuller now as the night waned on, and Rey found herself standing and waiting for a moment. The next time she dared to glance Ben’s way, he was gone.

“How are you doing tonight?” came the rich dark voice from over her shoulder. Rey turned around and had to tip her head up to look up at him. Ben stood behind her, his dark eyes peeking out from an inky tangle of bangs. Just as intense as earlier at the hospital.

“Well, well, Ben Solo,” Rey started in. The booze made her more bold. “We texted you, you know. And then you show up with the boy band? Smooth move, Dr. Solo, smooth.”
Ben didn’t take the bait, but merely raised a perplexed eyebrow and pulled out his phone. He flashed the screen to Rey which did in fact show the group text, and a message from Ben, last in the chat, “Thanks, friends in town from undergrad. Maybe see u later.”

Rey slipped out her own phone and flicked the screen that showed no such text had been received.

“Ah...” Ben said, less than eloquently. He ran a hand through his dark locks and glanced away.

Rey felt a twinge of guilt. Maybe he wasn’t such the standoffish asshole. Now her cohort certainly looked like the assholes of the bunch, especially after the little stunt Hux had pulled.
Ben pointed to the bartender who was finally ready for Rey. She asked for a stout, and though flustered, turned back to Ben.
“So, um. Sorry,” she started, but Ben just shrugged her off.

“My phone’s not the best, I don’t even use social media, really.”

Who the fuck is this guy?” Rey thought.

“Would you like to meet my friends?” He offered, gesturing back to the group around the corner. Rey, already feeling guilty, didn’t feel like she could decline. Ben led her back to the group, who all turned to face her. Each was as equally tall and sturdy, athletic. They shared the deep broody features Ben possessed. It was easy to see how like attracted like.

“This is Rey,” Ben gestured to her, “She’s new to the hospital team. I’ll be helping her out in ED.”

Rey gave a small, awkward wave of her hand, “Hi.”

“Rey this is Ap’Lek, Cardo, Kuruk, Trudgen, Uhhar, and Vikrul,” Ben pointed to each in turn. “We were all in martial arts club together,” he connected them.

Rey was already half forgetting their names when Rose came over with a half drunken, half cheerful introduction. “There you are Rey! Hello, Ben,” Rose gave him a little side eye.

“Ah, hi, Rose,” Ben returned, and introduced her and his friends in turn.

Rose politely returned their hellos, but took Rey’s hand, “I came to steal her back, gentlemen. Unless you’d like to join us on the dance floor?” Before waiting for their response, Rose tugged Rey back into the crowd.

“Rey! That was bold!” Rose hissed in her ear when they were safely enveloped in the crowd.

“It was a big misunderstanding!” Rey had to shout with all the noise. “He tried to let us know his friends were in town, but we never got the memo.”

Rose looked a bit skeptical, but her forgiving nature took over.

The cohort returned to dancing and as the band ended their set, they retired, breathless, back to their booth with another round in hand. Talk turned from polite getting-to-know-yous to those probing, alcohol driven questions that typically came out at two in the morning. After a particularly weird question about would you rather kiss a sarlac or a thala-siren, the third round was gone and the next band was deep into the middle of the next set of the night. Music and booze flowed freely, as did feelings. Poe was firmly leaned against Finn, who now had his arm over his shoulder. Hux let his pinky finger trail over Rose’s, and Rey felt a first pang of jealousy. Maybe it was just the alcohol, but there was no denying chemistry if it was there. Rey went back to the bar for one last round and to close out her tab, leaving the couples to canoodle. This time, when she looked across at Ben and met his eyes, he didn’t look away. He flashed her a soft, near smile, and finished his drink.

Rey felt a small tingle in her chest, and whether it was the booze or the smile, she wasn’t sure. She lingered. Back at the booth were the blossomings of new romance that she wasn’t really keen to play fifth wheel to. And she didn’t care to mingle with six strangers to earn another smile.

Her pocket vibrated.
Ben Solo: Care to dance?

Rey looked back up at Ben, and he was looking at her, waiting to read her reaction. His phone was on the bar in front of him. Rey’s flicked back and forth and her thumb hovered over the keys, but before she could respond. As if on cue, the next and final band began with a deep bass guitar line, and Ben slipped from his seat. Ap’lek, or was that Vicrul? tapped him on the butt as he walked by and Rey couldn’t stop a laugh. Boy’s club indeed.

Ben walked out to the dance floor and he held out his hand to her. Rey felt her feet move without much thinking. Drink in one hand and head fuzzy with booze, she met him and the crowd flooded back in around them. Rey took Ben Solo’s hand and he pulled her in close. He smelled like beer and a light, citrus cologne. He gave Rey a twirl and let her go, and as far as Rey could tell, Ben Solo considered her the only person in the crowd.

He was a marvelous dancer, light on his feet, and stepped around Rey, working through a cha-cha punctuated with twirls and swing. Rey tried to keep up, although she had never been much more than a bedroom mirror music video back up dancer wanna-be. Still, she was breathless after a few tunes and found herself smiling. She looked for her friends through the crowd, but Poe and Finn were lip locked at the booth, and Rose was leaning out onto the table, one hand propping her head up as she looked up at Hux, smiling, the other hand thumbing his fingers. He was deep into some explanation of something Rose found mesmerizing.

Since her friends weren’t missing her, Rey brought her focus back to her dance partner. Rey felt like she was looking at him for the first time. His raven locks liked to fall in his face, and he was always pushing them back with his large broad hands. His arms felt thick and sturdy under his jacket when he swung her in and out in twirls. Rey liked when he pulled on her hands with his rough calloused ones, spinning her, twirling her as if she was nothing but a feather. When he heard a chord he particularly liked he would bite his plump lips at their corner and bob his head. There was a touch of shadow along his jawline, although not as much as Poe. More than once she caught sight of the beginnings of a dimpled smile. His freckles and moles dotted his face like constellations. How had Rey ever thought of this man as anything less than lovely? They spent the better part of the next hour learning each other’s rhythm, gyrating and bopping alone until the band came to an end. Applause broke out and Ben pulled her into a hug and she let her hands roll over broad shoulders, her cheek press into his chest. Warm, heart fluttering with adrenaline, muscle taught under cotton. Rey pulled away before she lingered there, but not without wanting more.

As they applauded the band, Ben’s friends slipped into the crowd and she saw Ben lean in to listen to--oh who can even remember all their names. He nodded and bent down to Rey’s ear.

“We are gonna head out. Thank you for the dance.” And then he was gone.

Rey watched him stroll from the bar, friends in toe, and felt a sadness settle into her chest. Of course someone like him, with his dark soulful eyes and strong hands wouldn’t want Rey to come with him. He just didn’t want her to feel left out while her friends canoodled. Rey consoled herself while she found her way back to the booth, and tried to pull her face into a neutral fashion.

“The prodigal son returns!” Hux joked, and Rose laughed with him. He had finally worked up the courage to put an arm around Rose who was leaned snuggling into his tall slim frame. Finn and Poe broke apart for some air, but for Rey the night was over.

Rey ordered her Uber, and hugged her friends in turn, smiling at them and assuring them she was just tired. She stepped out into the cool night to get some air. She shook her head. It was better for her if she just put it out of her mind, better not to complicate her work and personal life with thoughts of Ben Solo gyrating to a saxophone solo.

When Rey got home she shot the group chat a quick update--safe and sound--but no one responded. Rey rolled over in her bed and fell into a drunken sleep.

----

Her back arched and she writhed underneath his strong sucking at her clit. Rey snatched a fistful of the satin locks, her other hand grasping desperately at her breast. Her thighs began to squeeze to each side of his head, but Ben shoved them back apart. His tongue swirled and devoured at her and he gently teased her opening with a finger. Rey’s breath came in heaves and pants, her eyes rolled as he gently probed her pussy. “More, Ben, please, I want to feel you.” Ben broke away from her swollen nub, and began to kiss and nibble on her inner thighs.
“I want to feel you too, Rey,” he purred, before his mouth fell back to her and his tongue worked to lap at her slick--wet, and hot. He still hadn’t entered her and Rey was growing impatient, driven half mad with lust and longing. She reached a hand down to hurry him along, but he merely grabbed her wrist and held her down to the bed. He shook his head “no,” languidly trailing his tongue back and forth over her in the same turn. Rey let out a hiss between her teeth, and Ben resumed his teasing, his fingers now spreading her wide and---

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Rey’s body jerked awake to a forgotten alarm and she groaned a curse. She reached blindly for her phone, slapping the sheets to find the source that had cut her dreams short. Oh. God. She was dreaming about Ben? Rey fell back on her bed, flushed with both hangover and embarrassment. Dreaming about Ben Solo. She knew she should feel ashamed, but the images fell back on her, fuzzy, but still there on the edges of her sleepy mind. As Rey nuzzled back into the warmth of her bed, she couldn’t help herself. Rey pictured Ben’s thrusting hips and lithe dancing form from the night before. She reached a hand to her clit and found herself swollen and it didn’t take long before Ben’s form came back to her mind, lifting her as if she was nothing, settling her on his lap and laying a kiss into her ---

BZZ BZZ BZZ

“Oh, sod off for fuck’s sake!” Rey yelled at her phone, and when she reached to silence it the name that flashed on her screen held her.

Ben Solo.

Rey fumbled to unlock her phone, and read, “Thanks again for last night.

Ben, fucking, Solo. He was in her brain rattling around and Rey was trying to think of something smart or flirty to respond, but all she had was, “It was a lot of fun :) x

She threw an arm over her eyes, feeling a mix of pity, confusion, and horniess. She looked out and scrolled through her notifications.

A string of heart eye emojis from Poe, an insta story From Rose of Hux and her splashing along the river in the moonlight (#stargazers), Finn had sent her several texts demanding to know how she had known he liked Poe and now how are they supposed to work together?? "Oh, shit." How was Rey supposed to work together with Ben at the hospital Monday? If she was this horny after one night of dancing, how was she supposed to sit next to him in the same office and write notes, discuss cases? "Shit, shit shit."

But Rey’s mind soon began to show her flashes of Ben standing between her thighs, her skirt pushed up, on top of the desk, a hand over her mouth and the other pressed against the door keeping anyone from accidentally wandering in and seeing Ben’s cock buried in--

BZZ BZZ BZZ

Rey snatched at her phone, and it was him again. “Hope I didn’t wake u”

Nah. Forgot to turn my alarm off x
The response was nearly immediate.
My friends leave later today. What are u up to?”

What am I up to?” Rey thought, and paused. Somewhere between her pounding head and throbbing pussy her brain was struggling to make sense of his abrupt departure last night and this sudden interest this morning.

Nursing my hangover :( x “ Rey shot back and immediately texted Rose.

Ben’s texting me, asking what I’m up to today.” She knew Rose wouldn’t be up yet, but she needed the comfort of her friend helping her figure out where this Ben was coming from. So different from the short, curt man who had introduced himself yesterday at orientation.

Oh Jesus Christ, Rey, you just met the man yesterday and you’re already imagining him doing things that would get you both fired.” she thought.

Her phone went off again, and Ben’s name light up her eyes.

Haha, same. Well since u arent feeling well see u Monday.”

“Shit, shit, shit, I’m blowing it.” Rey rolled over on her bed, letting the phone fall from her hands and burying her face in her pillow.

It was some time later, when Rey had showered, made some strong coffee, and curled up on her couch with some delivery hangover-cure egg hash, that Rose got back to Rey.

YOURE GOING RIGHT!?!?
Rey groaned.
I told him I was nursing my hangover and he said he’d see me monday :( x”
“Omg you’re hopeless. If we were wrong about him being an ass, I wonder what else we were wrong about” Rose shot back.
Yea how is it with you and ginger? x”
“He walked me home along the riverfront and I went to kiss him goodnight and he turned about as red as his hair, gave me a peck and nearly sprinted home uwu”
“Damn, that’s sexy lol x”
“I don’t mind taking it slow with him!!”
“Not ready to dive in like Finn and Poe? x”
“LMAOOO they’re so cute tho. Saw that coming a mile away. That’ll make veteran’s affairs an… affair ;)”

Rey smiled and had to agree. Leave that mess for those two besotted idiots to figure out.

SO about Ben?? x”
“SUCK IT UP. GO GET IT GIRL.”

Rey worried at her bottom lip as her thumbs hovered over the text box, “Just fucking say something, just do it, do it, come on.” She bullied herself. It had been hours...

“I’m feeling better. Did you have something in mind? X

An uncomfortable amount of time later, “Oh man, sorry, I made some other plans. See u monday”

Rey flopped back on her couch defeated. “God. Dammit. Rey.” she thought to herself.