Actions

Work Header

Before We Got Here

Summary:

The story of Boo Seungkwan and all the ups and downs that he went through to finally get to this day. His wedding day. The story begins in high school and continues through to college. He will meet all of the people who will become such an important part of his life and all the experiences they share. First loves, crushes and crushed hearts, short lived romances and long-term relationships alike. Buckle up, because it's a long rollercoaster ride.

Notes:

I've been working on this for MONTHS and it's nowhere near finished, but I have a good number of chapters pre-written, so I've decided to finally start posting, but a few notes before we can start:
-Currently I'm planning to update twice a week for as long as possible
-I've left the location somewhat ambiguous on purpose because a lot of this story takes place in high school and college, but I'm not following any countries actual education system (for example, in this fic the school year runs from august/september to may/june) which I know isn't the case in Korea, but I don't imagine them speaking English if that makes sense??
-EDIT: High School here is three years (like in some countries such as Korea and Japan), so while Seungkwan is in his first year, if this would be a four year system like in the US he'd be a sophomore I guess.
-This will be LONG and a lot will happen
-Please note that:
couples will break-up, maybe get back together, maybe not. Some of the relationships tagged will be platonic (but I've tagged them to keep it more interesting?). I will add new relationships as they are published to prevent some spoilers.
-I understand it might be frustrating to start a fic only to find out later that your fav couple breaks up and doesn't recover, so I am willing to give out spoilers to whoever wants them (but please don't make it public in case some people want to be surprised). Just DM me on my twitter EDIT @ Llama_Cow (was @ boo_dori
-Some members won't show up for a long time
-also this fic will feature underage characters who are sexually active, but I will NOT write about it explicitly. (Let's be honest here, teenagers have sex, so will the teenagers in this story, but the focus will be on how it's part of their story/personal history and development)
-chapters will probably be between 700 and 2000 words each (sometimes closer to 700, sometimes closer to 2000)

Chapter 1: Prologue

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Seungkwan was standing in front of a tall mirror, carefully going over every detail of his outfit. Today it had to be perfect. Today was one of the most important days of his life. Today was his wedding day. It felt almost surreal that it had finally come. So much had happened from the time that he first met his soon-to-be husband and now. Meeting all of the people who would become such an important part of his life and all the experiences they had shared. First loves, crushes and crushed hearts, short lived romances and long-term relationships alike. Some of them he had met in high school, others when he was in college, but they all meant the world to him.

 

He finally decided that his clothes, his hair and his face wouldn't get any better than they were now and he stepped away from the mirror. He took a deep breath. There was no doubt in his mind that this was what he wanted, but he couldn't completely get rid of that jittery feeling of anticipation mixed with a hint of nerves.

 

He heard the door open behind him, but he didn't turn to see who it was. Strong arms wrapped around him from behind and he felt a soft kiss being pressed against his neck. His lips curled up into a smile, “Isn't it bad luck if we see each other before the wedding?”

 

“Only if someone is wearing a wedding dress,” his fiance whispered in his ear.

 

Seungkwan chuckled, “I haven't done something like that since high school, so I think we're good.” He turned around and took the other man by the hand. He led them to the mirror and stared at their reflection, “Look at us. We're really doing it, huh?”

 

“Looks like it.”

 

“It sure took us long enough before we got here.”

 

“But we got here and that's all that matters.” He wrapped himself around him again and leaned his head on his shoulder. “Nervous?”

 

“Not really,” Seungkwan replied as he tilted his head so they could touch, “We've got the best wedding planners in town. I'm most nervous about you messing up your vows or something.”

 

“We're supposed to say vows?”

 

Seungkwan untangled himself from his arms and huffed, “I swear if you-”

 

His fiance held up his hands in defense, “I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I even wrote them down in case I get so overwhelmed by my love for you and I can't remember what I was going to say,” he said and he patted his front pocket.

 

Seungkwan narrowed his eyes at him. “You're better not being sarcastic.”

 

“I wouldn't dare.” He placed his hands on Seungkwan's hips. “Ready for me to be your husband?”

 

“Just as ready as I am to be yours.” He stared into his loving eyes and almost started to drown. He gently removed the hands that were on his hips. “Can you please get out of here now, so I don't give into temptation? If I kiss you now it'll take away the magic from out first kiss as a married couple later.”

 

“Fine, I'll go,” he answered and walked to the door. Before he opened he turned back to look at Seungkwan and said, “You're wrong, by the way. Every time I kiss you is like magic, so it wouldn't have mattered.”

 

Seungkwan scoffed a little at the statement. “I can't believe I'm marrying you.”

 

“Yeah, me too.”

Notes:

Happy Carat Day! It felt like the right day to start posting this Mt.Everest of a fic.
Please do leave a comment if you want, I greatly appreciate it.
Also feel free to follow me on the bird app @ boo_dori
And again: if you don't feel like starting this fic without knowing who certain characters will end up with and you want to get spoiled send me a DM, lol.

Who will Boo Seungkwan marry~