Actions

Work Header

Heir of Light

Summary:

📢SLOW UPDATES📢

Seen as an abomination to some, a saint to others; Oya knows she shouldn't exist. Traveling the world, never staying in one place too long, the young Nephilim struggles to discern her purpose in life.

Suddenly, all-natural order is disturbed by demons that rise from the bowels of Hell, summoned by their Lord and Master: Dracula. When the outcast monster hunter Trevor Belmont takes up arms against Dracula's forces, he hardly expects to achieve victory. After all, what can a mere human do against demons and vampires?

Watching from the shadows, Oya unexpectedly finds herself thrust into the battle and having no other choice but to join Trevor, he Speaker Magician Sypha Belnades, and Dracula's dhampir son Alucard. But things become even more complicated when Oya begins to feel...emotions for Alucard. Feelings that an Angel shouldn't toward a Prince of Darkness...

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: BOOK 1 – PROLOGUE

Chapter Text

A lone Man walked among the bustling streets of Thebes. In the distance, the sun was setting over the Great Pyramids, the rays reflecting off the surface of the Nile. The Man thought the Nile looked like a ribbon of light, a gift from the Heavens that granted life to the Earth.

‘I will never cease to be amazed by Father’s work,’ the Man though as He walked through the marketplace. ‘As much as the old bastard brags about himself, he does have an eye for perfection.’

Around Him, the Man watched as people settled in for the night. Families and couples were walking home. Lanterns hanging from buildings illuminated the streets. Dogs barked, and crickets chirped among the reeds of the Nile. The merchants were putting away their stalls, preparing for a new dawn that would come soon.

This was where the Man felt at peace. Not in the clouds, forced to watch from afar; able to look but not touch. Here, among the peasants and the animals, the Man felt…almost at home.

Unlike His brother’s and sister, the Man didn’t consider it beneath Him to walk among their Father’s creations. As the eldest, the Man knew He should; He had a rank above all others. Yet, the Man always stayed humbled. Too much pride…that was what caused the banishment of His youngest brother.

“Look over there, boys…” a deep voice suddenly said. “Over there, by the well…”

The Man knew that the words weren’t directed at Him, yet He looked at this well, curious at what He might see.

A lone woman stood by the edge, lowering a large jar into the wide mouth, humming to herself. The white dress that the Woman wore hugged her body, her curly locks pulled into a simple braid over her shoulder. The Man couldn’t see her face, as she was turned away.  He didn’t believe she was wealthy, as the Woman’s dress appeared to be made from standard wool. Yet, there was something…ethereal; almost about her, the Man saw. Something pulled the Man to this mysterious woman, and He wasn’t the only one.

A trio of men lurked in the shadows, standing nearby to the Man. They smirked and grinned at themselves, pointing at the Woman’s bottom as she bent over.

“Wonder what that cunt feels like…?” One of the Men chuckled.

“Why don’t we go find out?” another of the Men replied.

Pushing away from their dark corner, the Trio of Men began to stalk in the Woman’s direction.

As if sensing their presence, the Woman pulled her jar up and rested it on the rim of the well. She raised her golden eyes to the Trio, arching an eyebrow.

“Good evening,” she said coolly.

“Evening…” one of the Men purred. “What’s a woman like you…doing out so late?”

“It’s not late,” the Woman replied. “The sun hasn’t set yet.”

“But it’s still dangerous,” the Second of the Men replied. “A lone woman like you…out here…you could get hurt.”

The Man saw the tiniest of smiles curve the Woman’s lips.

“I’m perfectly safe and protected,” the Woman replied, picking up her jar. “Now, if you’ll excuse me.”

One of the Men grabbed her wrist. “Allow us to escort you home. We have your…best interest in mind.”

“I highly doubt that,” the Woman replied. “How about this: you let me go, and I won’t cut off your cocks and feed them too you.”

The Trio all burst into laugher, their heads tossing back. “That’s a good joke, my lady,” one of the Men said. “Tell you what, we’ll make sure you’ll enjoy the next couple of hours…”

The Woman sighed, putting her jar to the side. “I tried to be kind…”

The Man was grateful that He didn’t have to blink, as the humans of this world. If He had done so, He would have missed the Woman smashing her jar over the head of one of her would-be attackers. Reaching under her dress, the Woman pulled out a dagger, her tight grip of it telling the Man that she knew how to use it.

Howling with rage, the remaining to men lunged at the Woman, who kicked one away, then stabbed the other in the side with her blade.

“Fucking bitch!” the last Man bellowed, pulling out his dagger. “I’ll make you pay for that!”

The Man’s feet moved like a whisper on the wind. He grabbed the last Attacker by the wrist and yanked him around, twisting it sharply behind the Attacker’s back: a sickening crunch filling his and the Woman’s ears.

“Be grateful that all I did was break your arm,” the Man said, his voice as cold as ice. “Now, begone with you.”

The survivors grabbed their unconscious friend, dragging him away and down the now empty streets.

“I had everything perfectly under control,” the Woman said, pulling up the side of her dress.

“I know,” the Man replied, trying to avert his gaze.

Keyword, being ‘try.’ Out of the corner of his eye, the Man watched the Woman slide her dagger into its scabbard that was strapped to her thigh. The sight of the toned muscle was making the Man feel…strange.

“So,” the Woman said, pulling her dress down. “Are you going to walk me home and expect a reward for keeping me safe?”

“I believe you can handle yourself,” the Man said. “What’s your name?”

The Woman inclined her head. “Kiara. What is yours?”

The Man’s lips slowly curved into a smile. “You may call me Michael.”

______

Face Claim of Michael and Kiara. Credit to artist here.