Actions

Work Header

KoRn Oneshots

Summary:

A collection of oneshots about the band KoRn, set in the 90s with inter-band relationships

Notes:

I’m gonna preface this by saying this is purely a work of fiction, no disrespect is meant towards any of the guys who are in/were in KoRn (those guys are my idols). This should be obvious but some folk really don’t like FanFiction about real people
There is such a severe lack of FanFiction for these dudes, so imma change that singlehandedly

Quick points:

• I’ve changed their heights slightly to play into the height difference dynamic

• The polyamorous relationship in (some of) these oneshots is a vee relationship - meaning that one person is dating two people who are not romantically/sexually involved

I hope you enjoy :D

Chapter 1: One Step at a Time

Summary:

Everyone needs a cuddle sometimes, even rockstar Jonathan Davis

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Head! Dude, wake up!” James roughly shook his band mate awake, squinting in the darkness of the tour-bus bedroom.

“Mmf...” Brian mumbled, groggy from sleep. “Whasamatter?...”

“It’s Jon. I don’t know what’s going on but I could hear him crying...” He lowered his voice; the walls of the bus were thin as hell.

Immediately, Brian shot up and rolled out of bed with a decent thud. “Aw shit, m’up m’up...” He rubbed his eyes, pushing his hair back from his face. “How long has he been crying for?”

“Ten-fifteen minutes, I dunno man. He might not even be awake.”

Both men crept down the hall, continuing their hushed conversation whilst trying not to trip over discarded clothes and energy-drink cans. They’d done this many times before, the stress of touring took a big toll on Jonathan in more ways than one and the nightmares were a regular reoccurrence.

As they reached the back of the bus, Brian cocked his head towards the door and sure enough, faint sniffles could be heard through the wood. The sound shattered his heart and turning to James, he could see the same pain in his best-friend’s eyes.

“Hey, JD?” Brian called softly, cheek pressed to the wall. “It’s Head and Munky, can we come in?”

The sniffles ceased in an instant but no response came. James and Brian exchanged puzzled looks, jostling to both fit against the door.

“Uh, Jon? Baby, can you open the door please?” James murmured, looking to Brian for guidance who shrugged helpfully in response.

Eventually, after some hiccups and shuffling, the door clicked open. Jonathan remained half-hidden behind the door, messy hair not quite concealing his watery eyes and red cheeks.

Brian’s gaze softened, stepping forward to scoop the smaller boy into his arms. “Oh, baby boy...” He whispered, holding Jonathan to his chest, who promptly burst into tears again. “Shh, Shh it’s okay. I know it’s scary but it’s not real...”

Heart aching, James rushed to hug Jonathan from behind and smothered his ear and neck with gentle kisses. “Hey, we’re here, we’ve got you...”

Jonathan continued sobbing softly into Brian’s shoulder, shoulders convulsing with every breath. The tallest of the trio cradled the singer, one arm under his hips and the other supporting his head as he swayed from side-to-side.

Exchanging worried looks with his boyfriend’s other partner, James twirled Jonathan’s hair and rubbed circles into his back. “You’re safe, you’re safe...” He whispered, trying his best to soothe the boy to no avail.

With some difficulty and non-verbal communication, Brian and James shuffled back till they hit the edge of the bed, then laid down slowly with Jonathan cuddled between them.

Thankfully, Jonathan’s weeping had quietened to silent tears and sniffles; he was calming slowly but surely. Turning onto his side, Brian nudged his small boyfriend with his nose. “Hey babe.”

“W-what?...” Jonathan sniffed, head tilted towards the other man.

“Blah~!” Brian growled playfully, sticking out his tongue while flicking his braids at the smaller boy.

Despite his best efforts, Jonathan burst into watery giggles and smacked a hand over his mouth, nose crinkling with laughter. Beaming, Brian rolled his boyfriend over so his back was to his chest and slid one leg between his thighs, nuzzling the back of his neck.

Now face-to-face with Jonathan, James pulled his hand away from his mouth, kissing him sweetly and interlocking their fingers. The smaller man blushed, happily squished between his partners, even managing a small smile.

“There’s that pretty smile.” James whispered, brushing his nose against his boyfriend’s. “Wanna get something to eat?”

“Uh huh...” Jonathan nodded, curling his knees to his chest and chewing on his thumb nail.

“I’ve got the door, you okay with JD?”

“You know it, Munk.” Brian slid off the bed and gathered Jonathan gently in his arms. “Up you come, that’s a good boy...”

James lead the way back through the dark bus towards the kitchen, holding Jonathan’s hand and smiling as his best friend continued cooing sweetly to their boyfriend.

Once they reached the open-plan kitchen, James turned the lights on low, so as not to startle Jonathan, and crouched down to rummage through the contents of the fridge. Behind him, Brian’s comforting had descended into nonsensical, baby-talking gibberish -“You’resocuteyeshyouare, yesh, yeshyoureallyare~”- but it seemed to be doing wonders; the man in his arms was giggling into his sweater-covered palm, eyes sparkling.

“JD, pancakes or waffles?” Holding up two boxes, James smiled gently.

Jonathan’s nose scrunched, looking between the foods uncertainly. “Uh...” The poor thing was still half asleep, and too deep in his drop to make such a difficult decision.

“Let’s have one of each, huh~?” Brian smiled, bouncing his boyfriend over to the counter. “Do you want Head-cooking or Munky-cooking~?”

“Uhhh... Head~”

“Oh thanks, love you too Jon(!)” Chuckled James, lifting Jonathan onto his hip, who giggled and hid behind his hair.

“Hush, Baboon, I’m the master chef.” Brian playfully stuck his tongue out, preparing the food whilst staying within the required range for booping Jonathan’s nose. “This little dude knows what’s up~”.

Biting his lip, the smallest of the three scrunched up his face and took cover behind James’ neck, who kissed his ear and twisted his hair. “I think someone’s sleepy.”

“It’s almost three, I’m not surprised.” Brian softened, reaching to run his fingers down Jonathan’s spine. “Food then bed, ‘kay baby?”

Too tired to talk, Jonathan nodded, wrapping his legs around James’ waist. Usually, he hated dropping so deeply around others, it left him feeling vulnerable like nothing else did. But James was warm, and stroking his hair, and rocking him so gently, and Brian was gazing at him with so much love in his eyes... Maybe this time was okay. Just this time.

As Jonathan began to space-out, his boyfriends didn’t interrupt him, just smiled knowingly at each other. By the time they’d finished up in the kitchen, he was drifting in and out of sleep with his head on James’ shoulder.

“He’s so fuckin’ precious...” Brian whispered, a dopey grin on his face, backing up towards the bedroom.

James nodded, hot on his heels. “I don’t know how we got so lucky, man...” He adjusted Jonathan on his hip and gently toed the door ajar, edging his way over to the bed where Brian was sprawled.

Having put the food on the bedside table, Brian made grabby-hands towards James. “Gimme him, s’my turn for cuddles.” He pouted, arms outstretched.

“You’re such a needy bitch.” James stifled a laugh, but passed Jonathan down to his best friend, who scowled and threw a half-assed punch in his direction.

“No, m’ the needy bitch...” Jonathan mumbled, looking up with a cheeky smile and a gleam in his eye.

Both of the other men laughed at the sudden comment, Brian pressing a kiss to Jonathan’s forehead. “Yeah yeah, our needy bitch~” He teased, squeezing his boyfriend’s hips.

Giggling, Jonathan all but fluttered his eyelashes and kissed each of his partners’ cheeks sweetly before yawning. “Love you, Head, love you, Munky~”

“We love you too, JD.” James tucked his hair behind his ears and lifted up the plate so his boyfriend could eat.

Jonathan ate slowly, his eyes half closed, embracing the never-ending affection. Secretly, he was fighting off sleep, wanting to savour the moment for a long as possible.

“We’re not going anywhere, sweetheart...” Brian whispered and squeezed Jonathan’s hand, discarding the empty plate on the floor and leaning back with him on his chest.

Sliding up to lie by their sides, James wrapped an arm around them both. “Yeah, we promise. We’ll be here all night...”

“Thank you...” Jonathan breathed, a little choked up. “I really fuckin’ love you guys...”

“And we really love you too...” Brian smiled, pulling the blankets around all three of them. “You up for bedtime kisses?..”

Multiple kisses were exchanged and before long, Jonathan was sound asleep. Catching each other’s gaze, Brian and James touched palms in the most gentle, most silent high-five possible.

Another crisis everted.

Notes:

This series is part of the LLF Comment Project, which was created to improve communication between readers and authors. This author invites and appreciates feedback, including:

• Short comments
• Long comments
• Questions
• “<3” as extra kudos
• Reader-reader interaction

This author replies to comments.

Note: If you don’t want a reply, for any reason (sometimes I feel shy when I’m reading and not up to starting a conversation, for example), feel free to sign your comment with “whisper” and I will appreciate it but not respond!