Actions

Work Header

The story of one lost soul

Summary:

Just a collection of my stories written throughout the years. In most cases, Akali will be presented in her previous version (aka pre-rework).
How would Akali act at different times, different places?
Let's find out together :D

Notes:

As always nearly, the chapters' titles are the name of the songs I recommend for you to listen during the lecture :)

Chapter 1: The power of love (part 1)

Chapter Text

In Incheon, the longest day of the year was at the end. The last crimson rays of light were slowly being replaced by the darkness of the night. Even though it was already late, the city didn’t seem to be quiet. In many places, the businesses were only about to be started. There were many people still walking through the streets. One could say that it wasn’t night, it was just an extension of the day.

Without a doubt, the current loudest place in Incheon was Munhak Stadium. KDA’s gig was being held there. KDA was a radically new-founded k-pop group that rapidly built up a significant fanbase. To some extent, the phenomenon of the band was strange. They appeared from nowhere, and with a single hit, they began their conquest. Even though Ahri and Evelynn were well-known celebrities, admired for their achievements, the same couldn’t be said about the rest of the group. Kai’sa was just a girl who won the latest edition of ‘You can dance,’ that was all the fanbase knew about her. But, the most enigmatic person in a squad was the youngest member, Akali. It was said that she was just a street rapper once, then with some luck, she was noticed by Evelynn and Ahri. Presumably, the so-called ninja was asked to join the band.

The two newest members had little to none stage experience. It was widely believed that they wouldn’t even make it through the problematic opposition in the k-pop brand. To utter surprise of nearly everyone, they made it through. Their first song named “Pop/Stars” skyrocketed the charts in a matter of days. KDA brought something new to the table, something unique. To be frank, it was just Akali, her personality, her way to express her feeling. The so-called wild child of the KDA was just primal energy on the scene. Maybe it could sound funny, but many people claimed that the rapper’s smile was one of the reasons why the band succeeded. The girl was just too pure, too innocent, too adorable. People loved it.

The concert was at its end. As always, the girls decided to finish their gig with their still most successful song. They were used to playing “Pop/Stars” as their farewell. The crowd consisted of both new and old fans, was delighted by that. The people were singing happily and loudly alongside the performers, filling the artists’ hearts with happiness. Every single performance of their most significant hit was a unique experience. The vocalists were trying to thank everyone who supported them from the depth of their hearts. It didn’t matter for them whether the supporter was present in a crowd, or was watching the concert via the Internet, via TV. For them, they were all equal. Those people gave them a chance, they gave them their support and love, and for all of that KDA wanted to thank.

As always, the culmination point was the duo part where the infamous diva of KDA and rapper were singling alongside each other. That matter hasn’t changed since the release of the song. It was the time the crowd usually exploded with a new wave of raw energy. That untamed, primal energy was affecting the women. They would be lying if they said that they didn’t like those moments. In fact, they loved them. The rhythm of their hearts was rapidly increasing. Their sight was becoming slightly foggy. Both performers were exhausted at that point, but they didn’t give a damn about it. They were always performing at 100% of their capabilities, maybe even more. Sadly, that moment never lasted long enough for Akali and Evelynn to enjoy it to the fullest. A couple of minutes more and the music slowly faded. The concert was over. The band members need an additional minute or so to calm their breaths. When it was handled, the KDA walked to the very edge of the platform, bowing the crowd. The women were immediately rewarded with standing ovations for their performance. The people in the crow were clapping, shouting, whistling. The mix of all of those sounds created a cacophony. Few minutes passed before everyone calmed down. As soon as the situation was once again under control, Ahri stepped forward.

“We, KDA would like to thank everyone for what you’ve done to us,” Foxy started. “We’d like to thank you for the time you spent with us today, for that intoxicating energy, for loud singing. I really hope that you were having fun as we did,” Ahri added swiftly with a broad smile. “Admittedly, the scheduled concert ended right now, but we’d like to offer you something. We were wondering whether even a small part of you, our dearest fans would like to play with us for a little bit longer. Of course, if you have the energy for that?” The model added playfully. “We’d like to invite you to another gig. This time KDA will be playing in cooperation with Pentakill. Frankly, we won’t play k-pop, but some rock covers are planned to be played. What do you think about it? Are you in?”

To be honest, the crowd just exploded. People were chanting, showing their interest in Foxy’s offer. The loud mix of thousands of voices encouraged the leader of the band to continue her speech.

“Judging by what I’ve heard, you’re all in. Splendid,” Ahri said with an even broader smile than before. “We need some time to refresh ourselves and to change our outfits. Please, wait for us while the roadies are handling the tunning of instruments,” Foxy sweetly informed the crowd. “We should be ready in 30, max.” She assured.

The audience cheered for them even louder while the girls were moving toward the backstage. It didn’t take long to reach the room that was designated for them. To be perfectly honest, it wasn’t spacious or even fancied decorated, just an ordinary place. Once the girls literally fell onto the big couch, they let themselves express their exhaustion. In a matter of seconds, the sighs, the groans, the curses filled the backstage. It would have lasted longer if not for Akali. The youngest member of the band was so pissed with the attitude of her bandmates. She ordered them to move their bodies off of the couch. When they did it, the ninja decided that they would need to refresh themselves, at least a bit. After a few moments, the girls followed her example unwillingly. For the next couple of minutes, the room was filled with the sound of the running water.

Ahri’s promise was kept as the performers showed up on stage again a few minutes before the settled time. The waiting crowd welcomed them with loud cheers and applauses. To say that the audience was shocked by the scene outfits of the stars would be an understatement, but they wouldn’t nag anyways. The Pentakill’s frontman, Karthus, was dressed in a loose, black shirt with matching creased pants. For tonight, Sona chose a long, bloodred dress that was covering nearly her entire frame up till her ankles. The lead guitarist’s outfit consisted of a shirt with Black Sabbath’s logo, sleeveless, denim Black Label Society battle jacket, worn-out jeans, and black, military boots. Yorick chose similar clothes to Mordekaiser. The bassist was dressed in an ash-colored, jeans shorts, a battle jacket with Iron Maiden’s logo on the back, and sneakers. The broad chest of Olaf was clearly visible. His grey shirt was unbuttoned. It contrasted with his black, denim pants.

In comparison with the rest of her bandmates, Kayle was dressed as per usual. The black t-shirt that was exposing the lean midriff of a vocalist, the black, leather jacket, and matching pants were creating her outfit. In the case of Foxy, she was dressed in a long, dark dress. Kai’sa chose the skin-tight, navy blue leggings, and grey sports hoddie. No-one was surprised to see that Evelynn was dressed purely to show-off. The expensive, lengthy, snowy-white coat and the skin-tight pants in the color of the night could have been readily associated with the diva of KDA. However, Akali’s clothing was a shocker, there was no point denying it. Everyone had expected her to wear a hoodie, maybe a sports jacket, but no-one had even thought that she could choose the quilted leather jacket.

Underneath it, the youngest member of KDA had a plain t-shirt that honestly, was covering only her chest. Her midriff was exposed, her perfect abs were revealed. Even though Akali was the shortest of them all, she was by far the most muscular. To be honest, her athletic physique wasn’t making her ugly, unattractive. No, she had everything most men or women could have dreamt about, the muscles were just extra. The ninja decided to complete her outfit for tonight with leggings and sports boots. All of her clothes were colored black. The youngest artist was holding a grey super strat. Based on the quite sounds that were coming from the speakers, the girl was testing the guitar, checking if it was in tune. When everything was checked, Akali closed the distance between her and the nearest microphone.

‘I know that most of you, if not all, are surprised that I’ll be playing guitar tonight,” Rogue started quietly. “But, the truth is that when I was young, my father used to teach me how to play. To be perfectly honest, I haven’t practiced in ages, so please, be patient with me today. I’m aware that I might be a bit rusty,” Akali said with a small smile. “In the name of us all, I would love to invite you to have fun together. We’ll start with a song that many of you might not know, but I’m pretty sure all of you know the singer. For the first track, we’ll play ‘There must be more to life than this’ by Freddy Mercury.” The ninja announced, taking a few steps back. The vocalists took her place in a matter of a few short moments. As soon as they were ready, Akali started the song. The soft, tender music filled the air in an instant. Soon enough, Karthus’s voice joined the music. His vocal was so clean, filled with emotions. It was so different from his usual singing manner. The melody filled the entire stadium in a matter of seconds, it seemed. The fans were chanting, raising their hands up in the air. They were singing alongside the vocalists, moving in the rhythms of the song. To all surprise, the youngest performer was rocking like the real rock legend.

In comparison to Ahri and Mordekaiser, the ninja was always roaming around the entire scene. She was entertaining the crowd. When the song reached its end, Kai’sa took the mic.

“How about something faster? I’m thinking about ‘Bad Romance’ by Lady Gaga or being more accurate, Halestorm’s cover of that song. What do you say?” The dancer asked loudly.

The audience was more than ready to respond. The people started to shout once again, showing their support.

“You’re in, I see,” Kai’sa chuckled. “Akali, ‘Bad Romance,’ it is.”

Rogue stepped forward with a broad smile on her face. When she reached the very edge of the scene, she turned around and invited the purple-haired to join her there. The dancer discarded the hoodie before she came closer. Kai’sa stopped a few steps away from Akali. She glanced up onto the crowd, then started to dance. Rogue was quick to follow. The youngest performer started the song maybe a second after Kai’sa’s sensual show began.

The fans seemed to be occupied by the dance of the purple-haired artist. To be honest, who wouldn’t have been. Kai’sa was such a beautiful woman with nice, long legs, nice breasts, and a perfect figure. The dancer made her show as sensual as it could be done. With every single move she made, she was proving further how sexy she was. It was a masterclass performance from the purple-haired woman. If someone had had a doubt about it before, that person was proven wrong currently. Throughout the majority of the song, Kai’sa was dancing alone. The eyes of the crow as solely on her. It changed when the song reached its final part.

Out of nowhere, Evelynn steeped in, joining the dancer. The snowy-white coat was discarded, leaving the diva of KDA in a thin, cropped, transparent t-shirt. Beneath it, the light lace bra could be spotted. The magenta-haired woman had her glasses on. She flashed her branded smirk before her arms enveloped the purple-haired dancer. For a couple of moments, one could think that their dance was a fight for dominance, but it wasn’t the case. Evelynn let the younger woman believe that she had some semblance of control. It didn’t last long. The diva wasn’t the most patient woman on the Earth. As soon as she was bored with the so-called dance of theirs, the magenta-haired woman took control. All it took to bent the dancer to her will was a few quick, subtle moves. Evelynn decided that it was high time for their show to reach another level of sensuality.

Soon enough, the song ended. The entirety of Kai’sa’s face was painted red. The heat came from both exhaustion and embarrassment. The younger woman was blushing so hard that as soon as the diva let her go, she nearly ran away from the magenta-haired siren. There was no point in denying the truth. Evelynn bent the dancer to her will with ease, she forced her to dance in a way the diva wanted. The purple-haired woman was so embarrassed that she forgot to bow to the crow, but it wasn’t like anyone noticed it. The magenta-haired siren was in the center of attention again. It was like the diva loved. The control was what she loved. No later than a few moments after Kai’sa backed off, the siren took the mic. It seemed that Evelynn wasn’t even exhausted after what she did. She appeared as fresh as ever, as sexy as always. On her full, plump lips painted in a deep purple color, the smirk could be spotted. In the case of Evelynn, that kind of smile could mean many things.

“As you can see, it’s high time for us to shift up,” Evelynn muttered. “I really hope that our not-so-planned show appealed to you.” She added with a mischievous smile on her lips. “But, I think you’re there to hear us singing, playing, not for us to shake our butts and dancing. I would love to present to you ‘Nemesis’ by Arch Enemy. Akali will be the one to play the solo part for you.” The diva announced.

The brown-haired woman sighed deeply. She didn’t like Evelynn’s idea, but as soon as it was announced, there was no way for her to sneak out of it. The youngest of KDA let her long hair down. A different guitar was picked by her a moment later. When she made sure that the instrument was in tune, Akali came to the diva. The magenta-haired woman was summoning her with her curled finger. The siren enveloped her left arm around the neck of Rogue as soon as the distance between them was nearly nonexisting.

“You can start, darling,” Evelynn whispered into her ear, sending a shiver down the spine of the latter.

The cold sweat broke on her brow once she felt the warm and slightly damp breath of the diva on her nape. Every single time she felt it, another shiver was soon to follow. Akali was, to be frank, scared of the effect the magenta-haired woman had on her. To stop thinking about the strangely pleasurable sensation, the brown-haired ninja started to play. This time the heavier sounds were emitted from the speakers. With every passing moment, the ninja was relishing the song more and more. The magenta-haired woman waited for a few moments before she started to sing. Her voice was powerful, so terrifying. Her growl bought the attention of the crowd. Once again, she was the center of the show, its brightest start. The older woman didn’t retreat her hand from the nape of the latter. Instead of doing so, the diva started to slowly massage the tensed muscles of Rogue. Evelynn’s touch was intoxicating, her skin was so smooth, so delicate, so warm. The touch was as fragile as the brush of a feather. The nails of the siren were drawing the invisible lines on Akali’s skin. It was affecting the young woman, oh so damn much. Throughout her entire frame, the pleasurable warmth was spreading at a slow pace. Rogue’s mind refused to erase Evelynn’s images from her head. Her throat and lips ran dry when the solo was about to begin.

Suddenly, something unexpected happened. The diva leaned in, burying her face between Rogue’s nape and shoulder. In the very next moment, she felt the warm lips on her bare skin. To be perfectly honest, Akali has never thought that Evelynn would kiss her. Of course, the siren was a flirt, was playful around them, but regardless, Rogue was shocked. The diva planted a couple of more kisses around the ninja’s delicate nape. The effect was instantaneous. Akali forgot about the fear, she started the solo part without hesitation. She nailed it. The fragment was played perfectly.

The youngest of the performers was lost in her thoughts. Her mind was on the run, the moment one of the thoughts vanished, 3 more were taking its place. The girl didn’t even notice that she should have already finished the solo. The improvisation that came after the original part mashed perfectly into the song. As soon as she regained her composure, Akali finished her part swiftly, returning to the original track. The young girl blushed slightly and lowered her head. Soon enough, the song ended. It was wordlessly welcomed by the ninja. Sadly, it didn’t mean that her so-called ‘little’ problem with Eve ended as well.

They have been playing for about two hours or so by now. Every single song they played seemed as if it was a prelude to the next one. The ninja was at her limits, she was exhausted, she wanted to go home and to take a shower. Everything that Evelynn was doing around her was slowly driving her insane. Every single little touch, every kiss, every hug. The young woman was fighting against herself not to turn around, not to capture the perfect face of the diva with her hands, not to seal those plump, kissable lips with her own. She wanted to kiss her bandmate so badly. Akali couldn’t get out of her mind the sight of Eve, her lips, and the imagined kiss that they could share. In her mind, it would be a long, passionate kiss that would leave them both breathless. The ninja didn’t decide to do it for multiply reasons that, to be honest, were known to them. After all, they were in the same band, they were both pop-starts, and last but not least, they were women. Same-sex relationships weren’t a taboo topic as they used to be in the past. Still, it didn’t mean that the society of Korea, of Asia, approved them.

If it was even possible, Rogue was becoming tenser. As the night was going on, Akali was more and more frustrated, exhausted, not sure what to do. All she sought right now was a cold shower. The second thing she would love to witness would be a world where she would be brave enough to reach for the one thing, one person she wanted. Rogue would like to pin the diva to the wall, to kiss her the way she deserved to be kissed, to punish her for all the frustration she caused to her. With a deep sigh, Akali returned to the world of the living. The concert wasn’t over yet, she needed to keep her composure. She needed to survive this.

Chapter 2: The war call (part 1)

Summary:

What would the relationship between Akali and Evelynn look like in Warhammer universe? If interested, take a look :D

Notes:

Hey, sorry that I didn't post for such an extended period of time, but I had surgery and to be honest I didn't feel like writing anything at all.

I would like to share a couple of words that I wrote. Expect the full chapter to be ready in a few days.

28.05.2020 - another few hundreds of words, let me know what do you think :)

30.05.2020 (my time UTC +2) - finished.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

To say that Akali was satisfied with how her life has developed, would be a pretty damned sarcastic joke. The young woman – according to elven standards – spent nearly her entire life to reach one goal that was set for her by her parents on their dying breath. She was supposed to become a swordmaster or loremaster, but life didn’t go as she had hoped. Even though Akali was able to obtain a small house outside of Hoeth, she wasn’t accepted into the White Tower. For her, it was a punch that nearly brought her to her knees. Back then, all she wanted to do was to cry, but she couldn’t. It would be even worse if she did so. As soon as the young woman was done with blaming herself, she already had a new plan in her mind.

Becoming a member of Shadow Warriors took her the better part of the next ten years. Still, in the end, she managed to overcome the final challenge. Akali was very different from other members of the elite unit. Firstly, she wasn’t born in Nagarythe, and she looked different. The young assassin was slim but athletic, a bit pale, because of her pure-white hair, she could be mistaken as a Druchii. Secondly, Akali couldn’t hide for long the fact that she wanted to join Shadow Warriors because she was rejected by the loremasters. For nearly all of her comrades, it was the highest honour to become an elite scout, but for the white-haired woman, it was just a backup plan. Last but not least, the girl still didn’t entirely forget about her goal. Wherever her parent where, whether it was in the afterlife or somewhere else, she wanted them to be proud of her. All she wanted was to fulfil the final task that she was given by them. To tell the truth, Akali didn’t manage to make even a single friend in her training group. It was, in fact, the opposite, all of them either disliked the young woman or even hated. The white-haired shrugged that fact off. She was all too aware that everyone was waiting for her to make a mistake. To some extent, it made Akali work harder than she has ever done. However, on the other hand, sometimes that thought made her life even more pitiful than it had been already.

Dozens of long years passed, but Akali succeeded in her backup plan. All of her hard work paid off, she became a Captain. She would have to lie if she said that she wasn’t happy. The very moment the council consisted of elite members of Shadow Warriors promoted her, her heart skipped a beat. She was the visible jealousy in the eyes of her fellow comrades. To be frank, she thought that the entire promotion ceremony would last longer. Still, unfortunately, it was only a couple of minutes or even less. As soon as the white-haired was officially informed about her next rank, she was about to get her first assignment. Akali was asked to follow one of the veterans who would give her specific intel about her mission and her new team.

When they entered a meeting room on the very top level of their HQ, ten additional people were already waiting for them. All of the rangers were males, and by the look of their eyes, they weren’t noobies. The compartment was very poorly decorated. Frankly saying, the only furniture in the entire room was a large wooden table with an old map laying on it. The senior officer pointed out on the map, encouraging Akali to walk up to it.

“The Druchii have been spotted near The Blighted Isle,” Mirethill started in the cold as the north wind tone. “Those savage beasts can be lurking around the Shrine of Khaine. Your only task is to verify those pieces of information. Under no circumstances try to engage the Dark Elves. There might be more of them. Any questions?”

“How much time do we have?” Akali asked.

“We will teleport you to Tor Anlec, and I will have a mage waiting for you there for a week, not a single day longer. If you don’t reach the city in time, we … I will assume you are dead. Am I clear?” The senior ranger asked.

“I have no more question, Sir,” the white-haired woman replied. “I assume we’re going to be dispatched today?”

“Yes, the quicker, the better,” Mirethill responded. “Your new team is here, and they are waiting for orders. And pale-queen, don’t fuck up the job.”

“Yes, Sir. I guess there is nothing more to say.”

“There is nothing to add, indeed,” the veteran replied. “Follow me, I will lead you to the departure area.”

“As you command,” the team responded.

After at most 15 minutes they reached the teleportation zone. The senior soldier led them through the back of the HQ, then they entered the narrow alleys that were nearly hugging the walls. The last rays of the sunlight could be spotted through the canopies of the nearest buildings. At the very end of the path, a single hooded person was standing next to the enormous waystone. Based on the person’s height, it was a woman.

“Lirithil, on time as always,” Mirethill greeted the hooded woman.

“The order must be fulfilled,” the mage replied in a bored manner. “As I assume, that is the team you had told me about earlier?”

“Yes. Teleport them to the Tor Anlec, and then wait for at max 7 days.”

“You have the audacity to give me a direct order, ranger,” Lirithil rose her voice slightly. “You are just a scout, don’t you dare to compare yourself with mages.”

“Whatever, do your part of the job,” the man insisted.

“Don’t worry about that, I am here, and I am about to do my job.”

“I hope so.”

The mag pulls her hood off, revealing her long, blond, shiny hair and pretty, noble face. Akali would say that Lirithil was probably not that much older than herself. The blond-haired magnus was cocky, the trait that would sooner or later fall off with age. The mag looked briefly at every member of the team. Her clear blue-sky eyes were so cold that the young woman got goosebumps as soon as Lirithil focused on her. It might be just a few seconds, but for Akali, it felt like a lot more. As soon as the mag was done with her inspection, she began the incantation.

“I want all of you to enter the circle when it starts to form,” the blond said in a neutral tone. “You may feel a bit of dizziness shortly after the teleportation.”

The bluish arcane energy was gathering around the mag. The fluctuations were magnificent. The spirals, ellipses, squares, and countless other creations were made off of the raw magic that was floating through the air. As Lirithil informed them, the small circle in purple colour started to manifest shortly after. The very first moment, Akali noticed it, she led her team forward. It took the mag a minute or so to create the glyph entirely. Soon enough, the energy exploded. Everything around the rangers faded away as if they were sucked into the oblivion. That stance lasted maybe a few seconds, but it was hard to tell. All of Akali’s senses seemed to be off while they were being teleported.

Suddenly, the young ranger was blinded by the light. The white-haired woman was standing next to a similar waystone surrounded by her team. The light that blinded her was coming from the street lamps placed nearby. The young woman wanted to say something, but the very moment she opened her mouth, she felt nauseous. As quickly as she could, Akali knelt down, put down her backpack, and retrieved the green vail from it. With her shaky hand, the ranger managed to unbutton the glass and purred its contents to her throat. Immediately Akali felt the burning sensation as the liquid was coming down her throat. She felt weak, she felt exhausted, she felt sick. In no-time, she fainted. Her mind embraced the darkness and fell down into dreamless sleep.

Notes:

I have a question, do you want me to do more than 2 parts of that story, or should I just move it to the separate work?
I planned to write more, but in the end, I think it was a good moment to finish the chapter.
Sorry that it is that short.

I would love to know what you think about it.

Chapter 3: The war call (part 2)

Summary:

The task was set for Akali and her team. Would they manage to complete it, or would they fail?

Notes:

Hey, here's the second part of the story in Warhammer fantasy universe.
I have a quick question, do you want me to put the story to the separate ff, or should I just write one more chapter, and be done with the idea? Please, write you opinion in comments down below :)

As always, thanks for everything, and hope you enjoy it :D

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The white-haired ranger was wakened up by the light shake. With a low groan, Akali slowly opened her eyes that were instantly blinded by the bright ray of light. Without thinking, she covered her face with her hand and waited a few seconds before removing it. As everyone would expect, her pupils shrunk immediately, cause the light was still hurting her.

“Do you want us to do a job without you, pale-queen?” the sarcastic question was asked by one of her fellow rangers. “If you want, you can just sleep throughout the whole mission. In fact, it might end up being an advantage for the rest of us, weakling.”

“Just fuck off … I’m your Captain, you will listen to what I order,” the young woman managed to breathe out.

“You really believe in that?” another voice joined the conversation. “We’re here to make sure you don’t fuck up the job, we’re here to test you.”

“It doesn’t matter,” the white-haired responded. “I’ve beaten every single challenge you put me through, I’ll endure and come up on top again.”

“Less talk, more action, the action speaks louder than pathetic words you say. You can start by just standing up and preparing for a departure. We’ve already wasted a lot of time because of your blackout,” another ranger spatted. “Get up, filth!”

With yet another groan, Akali stood up with a bit of problem. She felt dizzy, she had issues with standing cause her legs were weak. The whole conversation with her teammates was strange. Throughout it, she couldn’t see any of the speakers, nor recognise them. It was the truth, she was weaker than them, but it didn’t mean that she would give up without a fight.

“You freaking assholes should let her rest for a bit more,” the angry voice of the mage reached Akali’s ears. “In comparison to you, it might be her first teleportation, so it isn’t uncommon for people to blackout,” Lirithil said.

“She isn’t your concern, mage,” the first ranger responded boldly.

“As I can see, you’re just as stupid as your supervisor,” the blond-haired woman sighed. “I’m a mage, fool, you should show me a deserved respect.”

“You must earn one’s respect, it isn’t given for free,” the second Shadow Warrior replied. “You should learn that lesson fast, blondie.”

“You’re very much alike your fallen kin, Nagarythian,” the magnus whispered in a venomous tone.

“Do whatever you feel like, it doesn’t matter to us. Our job is to get to The Blighted Isle and search for some Druchii.”

“So go fools,” Lirithil spatted. “Maybe show some respect to your kin, cause if you don’t, they will skin you.”

“We’ve killed many of Drak Elves, we know more about them than you could possibly learn from you ancient tomes.”

“You’re just a fool, nothing else,” the magnus said, shaking her head. “Akali, that’s your name?”

“Yeah, Miss,” the white-haired replied slowly.

“Take that,” the blond-haired woman gave her a small veil filled with a golden liquid. “Drink it, it’s a supporting potion. It’ll allow your body to recover quicker, much quicker.”

“Thank you,” Akali thanked the mage before unbuttoning the veil and drinking its content.

In an instant, she felt the burning heat that spread quickly over her entire body. In the very first moment, she thought that she would collapse onto the floor cause the sensation was more than a little unpleasant. Akali couldn’t do that, she would only appear even weaker in the eyes of her fellow rangers, she didn’t want to give them that kind of satisfaction. The white-haired soldier endured the immense pain that came shortly after the heat, she didn’t even twist her lips.

“Are you finally ready, pale-queen?” one of the Shadow Warriors asked in a dull tone. “We don’t have time for your problems, weakling.”

“What’s your name?” Akali asked instantly.

“Nergath, I’m your senior, so speak with a dose of respect to me,” the man responded proudly.

“I’ll remember that name, so one day I will repay you for what you did, all of you,” the white-haired woman rose her voice slightly. “As you commander, I order you to come back to HQ. I will write a report about your insubordination as soon as I came back from The Blighted Isle.”

“You can’t do that,” another ranger laughed.

“You’re mistaken,” the mage interrupted. “In fact, she’s your Captain during that mission, so by the law, she can order you to abandon the mission,” the woman chuckled. “And you know what the consequences of the declining the direct order are? Death.”

“You’re joking,” Nergath accused the magnus.

“No, Shadow King – Alith Anar – made that law,” Lirithil informed the rangers. “Are you going to obey the order now?”

“Yes,” the furious soldiers responded.

“You, filth,” Nergath called Akali. “You’ll pay for that.”

“We will see,” the white-haired replied with a mischievous smile. “For now, get out of my face,” she ordered.

“As you order, weakling.”

It took a couple of minutes for the rangers to gather up all of their belongings and to enter the new portal that was created by the mage. Just by the look on their uncovered faces, one could say that they quickly developed even more hatred toward the white-haired woman. They didn’t expect that she would put them in line, nor that she would just order them to straight-up leave. In their ignorance, they might think that she would need all of the help they would be able to provide for her to even survive the mission. Oh, they were mistaken. Akali wasn’t the person to let someone spit on her. After all, she knew her value, and it would be just a matter of time for the rest of her kin to acknowledge it.

The portal shone with a mixture of many colours as the Shadow Warriors were being teleported back to the HQ. For the white-haired, it was still a very intriguing sight to behold. The raw magical power used to cast the spell seemed to be material in that very moment. The small dust-like objects were flying over the room they were in. It was just beautiful, breathtaking. As soon as the magical circle vanished, the mage turned around to face the remaining ranger. The small smile was playing on her full lips.

“Well played, I must admit,” the magnus said. “But, bear in mind that they will try to repay you for the humiliation you just put them through.”

“I know, but I think I will be fine. The moment I finish that mission, I will no longer be a rookie, they will have to respect me,” Akali responded, smiling shyly.

“It can happen, but it is not guaranteed,” Lirithil responded. “Anyways, I think my role here is kind of done. The only thing I can do now is to wish you good luck.”

“Yeah, it will be handy, I am sure of it,” the ranger smiled broadly.

“Good luck then, remember you have less than a week to return here,” the mage reminded the young woman.

“Yeah, I remember. I should get going, thank you for everything,” the girl sincerely thanked.

“You’re welcome, those rangers were just assholes, maybe not all of them but some were, indeed.”

“Yeah, they were.”

With nothing left to add, the white-haired woman took her backpack and weapons, then headed toward the exit of the room. Akali could not foresee what the future would plan for her, but in the end, she didn’t have much to say about it. She would endure whatever was planned for her.

Two days later:

After hours of a forced march, the ranger finally reached her target. Before her, The Blighted Isle could be easily spotted. Somewhere there, there was the infamous holy ground of many cults – The Shrine of Khain. Even the mere thought about that legendary place was enough to plant a seed of doubt inside of Akali’s mind. To be frank, she was afraid that there might be more of Druchii than she could safely deal with. In fact, the possibility of that to happen was pretty high, but the ranger didn’t care, she got the task to complete, so she would do it, no matter what.

It should be fairly easy to find someone who would be willing to take her to the isle, but in reality, it took the woman around an hour to convince a young fisher to do so. To be perfectly honest, Akali managed to convince him only because she bribed the man. She paid the fisher with pure gold, a lot of it, in fact, all that she possessed in that very moment.

The elf was very slender, but the white-haired could easily spot the defined lines of muscles moving under his sunburned skin. He had short blond hairs that seemed to be trimmed recently. The once white linen shirt the fisher was wearing was patched a couple of times. Still, the ranger felt like something was off. The man in front of her might not be who the first impression suggested. The young woman made a mental note to be more careful around that man.

Soon enough, they reached the platform where quite a few ships were being roped to. With just a single glance, she could confirm that none of those boats could belong to the simple fisherman. As soon as she could, Akali reached for her sword and pointed at the man.

“Stop,” she ordered in a calm tone. “Who are you?”

“Oh … I wouldn’t be so reckless with that blade of yours if I were you,” the elf softly chuckled. “It isn’t crucial for you to know what I’m exactly, but for your own good, better tell me who are you.”

“You have a backup, don’t you?” the woman asked, lowering her sword. “As of the sounds they are doing, I would say there are four of them. Am I right?” the white-haired added after she listened for rustles for a few short moments.

“Not bad, not bad at all,” the so-called fisher admitted. “Lads, you can come from the shadows,” he called the others.

In a blink of the eye, 4 tall, slender men exited the nearby brushes. All of them were wearing the heavy-looking mails. On top of that, the additional scaly armour could be seen. They were armed in shields, spears and the ranger spotted the bows on their backs.

“You are the members of Lothern Sea Guard, aren’t you?” Akali asked.

“Yeah, we are, indeed,” the blond-haired man replied. “And you … you’re probably a Shadow Warrior. You looked like one of them, and your self-awareness is quite impressive,” the most likely officer said.

“Yeah, I am a part of the order,” the woman confirmed.

“What are you doing, then?”

“I was sent to patrol the island briefly. I’m to check whether Druchii are scamming again,” the ranger told the truth.

“I see … hmm, as far as I know, there was none signs of their activities here, but hey, I’m not a ranger. I can be wrong.”

“I see, can you help me get to the shore of the island? I can deal with my mission alone from there.”

“It isn’t a problem, come.”

In a matter of next moments, the young ranger was lead to the smallest of the moored ships. To be honest, it was so small that only a couple of people could be using it in a given time. As soon as she sat on a bench located in the middle of the boat, the Sea Guards pulled up the moore and started to row.

Sometime later:


The distance between the not so impressive harbour and the shore of the island wasn’t that great, so the entire journey there took them less than an hour. The soft breeze was blowing in the face of the young woman. The temperature was pleasant, it wasn’t too hot nor too cold, just perfect for her. Her long hairs were moving into the rhythm of the wind blows. Her nostrils were filled with the smell of the sea, the smell of the salt.

To some extent, it was reminding her about her home, it was reminding her about Eataine. It could be considered a funny turns of events that so far away from her home, she met her kinsmen, but she didn’t say anything. Everything that was going on deep in her mind, Akali kept for herself.Eataine wh

When they finally reached the coast of the island, it was already noon. The young ranger thanked the soldiers for their help, and immediately after that, she jumped off of the boat. The shore was entirely covered with a sand beach. The white-haired took a moment of her time to stop and to grab a handful of sand. She missed the touch of it, she missed the days when she could recklessly fool around the beaches. Akali allowed herself to play some of her memories inside of her mind. Of course, her subconsciousness chose those that she held dear for herself, those that could bring the sorrow, sadness and pain.

The white-haired woman didn’t even notice when the first tear fell, she didn’t even notice when her eyes became glassy and wet. She needed to proceed with her mission, she needed to once again lock up her memories. Without much thinking, she threw away the sand she was still holding in her hand, and then she ran away. It was pathetic that she couldn’t stop the cry, but it was just too much for her. It was always like that if she tried for so damn long to keep her past away from her mind. Even though she knew that all too well, she couldn’t help but fail every single time.

A couple of hours later:


She heard something, or being more specific someone, Akali was more than sure that she did. The young ranger stopped for a few seconds, she focused entirely on listening. For a couple of next moments, she didn’t hear anything distinctive, anything particularly extraordinary. In the very moment, she wanted to abandon her current occupation, someone’s cry reached her ears from a distant. Taking into account that the wood she was currently in was mostly filled with silence or some rare sounds of the animals living there, she could point out the direction without a problem. As quiet as she could, Akali moved toward the source of the disturbing sounds. One of the many benefits of Shadow Warriors’ training was the ability to move nearly soundlessly. As you may expect, in the given situation, it turned out to be handy.

Moving through the thick forest is never an easy task to accomplish. It would be especially difficult if one wanted to keep on a low profile. Akali managed to do so quite well, or at least in her opinion. With every passing moment, the sounds seemed to be closer, yet their amplitude was decreasing over time. Soon enough, the silence overtook the forest once again. It happened as suddenly as it began a few moments earlier. The ranger was more than sure that she wasn’t far away from the source, so she proceeded.

Soon enough, she reached the place where the land started to fall. At first glance, the white-haired could not say much about the location cause just a few steps further the vines created a solid wall that was covering the entrance to the lower part of the fall.

The archer took one more step forward before focusing on the unusual finding. It took her more than a few minutes to notice a small nearly impossible to trace detail. On the internal parts of the vines, there was a sticky liquid. The woman could not describe its colour properly cause it was mostly mixed with the secretion of the plant. She lowered a bit, she needed to catch a scent of it. As she had expected, it must have been blood. Possibly someone tried to isolate some poor bastard there. Without thinking, Akali grabbed her knife and started to quietly cut off the plants.

To say that it was a tiring occupation would be an understatement. The thick veins seemed to be more durable than any other plant the ranger ever encountered. Every single cut of the sharp blade left only a small cut on the surface of the vein. It was a truly frustrating experience for the white-haired, but she didn’t give up.

When the temporary wall was finally dealt with, the ranger entered the fall. What she found there was worrying, unusual, and to some extend, interesting. At the very bottom of the few meters deep hole, there were 3 bodies. All of them were Druchii. Nearly instantly, Akali got curious. As quiet as she could, she came down to inspect the findings.

The first two bodies were definitely Shades. Both of them were wearing nearly exactly the outfit that was presented by the instructors of Shadow Warriors in the past. By the look of things, it seemed that they were killed by the black-haired witch elf that was lying a few steps away from them. The ranger found the typical weapons of Khain followers in the Shades’ bodies.

It was kind of confusing for the young woman, of course, she knew that Druchii were killing each other for just sport, but still, they were typically doing it at the cold northern land that they called their home. She needed to inspect the last body, in the end, the more information she could gather, the better.

Akali close the gap between her and the witch elf within seconds. The white-haired allowed herself to steal one quick glance before kneeling in front of the body. She must admit, the follower of the Khain was beautiful, probably she was the most beautiful woman, the ranger ever met. Her long, thick, raven hairs looked so delicate as if they were made from velvet. The witch elf’s outfit could be describe as lacking, and it would still be an understatement. The entirety of the woman’s clothes consisted of a bra, a hipband, and some random piece of spiked armour. The white-haired blushed hard at the very first moment she noticed the amount of exposed skin. The dead elf woman was more than just feminine, she had everything that any man or woman could have ever desired from its partner or lover.

The ranger caught herself that she started at the gorgeous bosom of the Druchii. They were so huge and looked so delicate. “Fuck, what are you doing, Akali?” she screamed at herself in the depth of her mind. “You are just a prevent now.”

It took a great effort from her to avert her gaze from the boobs of the dead woman. In the end, she managed to do so. The second thing she noticed was a deep wound on the stomach. It looked bad, the archer could see the infection started to spread inside of it. Suddenly, she thought that she heard a low, heavy, ragged breath. It could not be the truth, she thought immediately, but then, she heard it again.

In an instant, she lowered herself. Akali’s ear was just a few centimetres above the slightly opened mouth of the witch elf. A moment passed, and then another, and nothing. “It must have been my imagination,” the young woman told herself. Then, the low groan filled with pain and suffering escaped the throat of the Druchii. She was very weak currently, it was just a fact. Without help, the woman in front of her would certainly die. The only one who could save her was Akali, but there was a problem. The witch elf was Druchii, the eternal enemy of her kin.

On the other hand, if she managed to keep the elf alive, she would be able to gain more information from her, she could keep her as a prisoner. The decision must be made soon, the breath of the raven-haired woman was becoming shallower and shallower with every passing moment. “What should I do?” she asked herself.

Akali looked at the beautiful woman that was dying just right next to her, she looked at those kissable lips, noble facial features, perfect body. When the decision was made, the reason behind it was not mentioned by the white-haired before. Without thinking, without wasting any more time, she leaned in. The very first thing that she needed to do was to restore the breathing of the woman. In an instant, the strong hands of Akali were put on the chest of the latter. Just a moment later, she started heart massage. In a next second, her lips descended onto those kissable lips. As soon as she tasted them, she moaned, she didn’t even know why.

Notes:

Next chapter I will write is "Black Diamond". (Should be able to write it within a couple of next days, but as always - no promises.)

Chapter 4: The power of love (part 2)

Notes:

Hey, it's the first part of my gift for all of you, my readers.
Recently, I've reached 10k hits on AO3, and wanted to thank you for the help, comments, reads, everything.
Hope you like it, the second part should be posted by the end of the week :D

Chapter Text

For Akali, the night seemed to be some sort of a nightmare. With every single moment that Evelynn was let to tease the youngest member of the band, the browned-haired Japanese was slowly losing her mind, slowly losing her composure. She wanted it to end, she wanted that so badly. If she couldn’t have what her mind and her heart desired, it would have to end as quickly as possible.

The blue-eyed girl sighed heavily, all she wanted now was just a long shower. The rapper wanted to just relax, forget about the long day and the strange behaviour of her bandmate.

The temperature was continually going down and down. Midnight was closer and closer with every moment that the gig continued. Thankfully, the finish of the show was maybe a couple of minutes away from them.

“It is alright, I am going to survive that, no matter what,” the brown-haired artist whispered under her nose.

She was allowed to take a short break, cause Foxy started to play with the crowd. The rapper reached out for the nearest bottle of water, unbuckled it, and rapidly drunk at least half of its content. As soon as the cold liquid reached the back of her throat, the girl moaned softly. Even though it was just water, not some kind of fancy drink, it refreshed her a bit. To some extent, it helped her to collect her mind.

“Akali, dear?” the sound of the diva’s voice brought the brown-haired woman back to reality. “Care to come a bit closer, we have something exceptional prepared for you?” the magenta-haired woman asked in her usual playful manner.

“Yeah, I am coming, let me just put back the bottle,” the youngest member of the band replied instantly.

“Put the guitar down as well,” Arhi toled her.

“Ehhh … ok,” the surprised girl responded.

“Oh come on darling, don’t let us wait. You know that impolite,” the golden-eyed diva giggled.

Akali did as she was told, the bottled was put down while the guitar was given to one of the crew members. When everything was dealt with, she turned around and came closed the gap between her and her bandmates. While she was returning her gear to the crew, the small ordinary-looking chair was set on a stage. Rogue lifted her brow in amusement.

“What do we need that chair for?” she asked the two celebrities.

“Oh … that one?” Foxy pointed out at the furniture, as if she didn’t know what the girl was talking about, or referring to. “It’s for you to sit on.”

“Could you kindly explain why?” the surprised rapper asked. “If you haven’t noticed yet, I am playing the guitar tonight.”

“Don’t worry, darling. We got you covered,” the diva added, flashing a mischievous smile.

“I’m sorry guys,” the leader of KDA focused on the crowd. “It must be a bit confusing to watch us fool around for a bit now, but we got you covered as it would be said by Eve. I’ll explain,” she added, flashing a broad smile. “So, as you perfectly know, Akali is our youngest members, and to some extent, she’s our baby, she’s KDA’s baby,” the blond-haired continued as soon as the crowd stopped shouting and chanting.

“She has been working extremely hard, even harder than any of us,” Evelynn chuckled. “She’s just a perfectionist and the most hard-working person I know,” the magenta-haired added softly. “For that, we wanted to just thank her, but it wouldn’t be us if it was something ordinary,” the diva chuckled again. “No … we want to perform for her, we want to perform a special song for her.”

“Akali has changed us,” Kai’sa spoke. “To some extent, I think that she doesn’t even know how much things her joining has changed,” the violet-haired dancer added. “All of us have a quite unique connection with her, quite unique relationship. I wouldn’t even try to explain it, cause I’m more than certain that I’d explain it badly,” the lead dancer smiled. “For everything that she did, she’s doing, she’ll do, I think it’s just deserved to gain a bit of recognition.”

Rogue was out of words, or maybe it would be better to describe her like a frozen. She could not do anything but stare into people that were chanting her name. When she finally averted her eyes from the massive crowd, she focused on her friends. For them, the girl was willing to do everything that, no matter the cost. She still could remember the first day of the dance practice, she was just horrible. There was no other way to describe her movement, her performance. Even though Kai’sa didn’t say anything back then, the young girl could still see the glimpse of disappointment in the eyes of the lead dancer. In that very moment, she promised herself that she would do her best, that she would be practising more than everyone to become better.

Honestly, it was easier said than done. As the very beginning, Rogue could not progress at a reasonable pace, which in turn frustrated the girl. It would not be a lie if she said that she spent probably every single moment of her limited free time in their private dancing studio. There were days when she was dancing, practising so hard, for so long that she just collapsed onto the floor and was found in that very state the next day. To be perfectly frank, it was typical for the rest of the band that the youngest member was the first one to wake up, and the very last to go sleep.

The same pride, the same devotion that was filling her in the past, helped her to stand up. Her heart was beating rapidly, she could feel that she was filled entirely up to the very last vain with passion. Without saying a word, she turned around and grabbed her guitar a few moments later.

“I am not going to sit idle,” the girl said into the microphone. “I heard those precious words … I want to thank you for that,” the brown-haired woman continued. “I have an excellent idea for that. Would you care to perform with me one of my long-beloved songs? Would you like to help me with giving a worthy tribute to a legendary band?” the rapper stopped for the moment to let the public speaks its mind.

She didn’t have to wait long. The crowd erupted with new wild chantings as if their energy reserves had been refilled. It was easy to acknowledge that the people wanted to have fun with them for a bit longer.

“Oh … I see you are really eager guys,” Rogue allowed herself to giggle for a short moment. “Hey, I want us all to play Bon Jovi “Always”, hope you guys know the words and help us with that?”

“Akali?!” Ahri called the girl a little too loudly. “What are you doing?”

“I am just doing my part,” the girl replied. “I get it that you want to thank me, but you know me … I am not the idle type of person,” the rapper explained. “Let’s do it that way … let’s play that song, and then I will do whatever you have planned, ok?”

“I can agree on that,” Kai’sa agreed instantly.

“Akali, we have something …” the leader started.

“Fine,” the voice of Evelynn could be heard. “But, I have one rule for you to obey,” she added, lowering her voice a bit.

“What is it?” Akali asked in a matter of seconds.

“You’re going to play the lead as you did with Arch Enemy’s song, and I’ll be by your side all the time,” the diva provided the answer, looking directly into the azure eyes of the latter.

“Eve? What are you doing?” Foxy started to nag.

“Fine, I can agree on that,” Rogue replied after an entire minute of silence.

“Splendid, so let us proceed,” Evelynn finished up the conversation, grabbed Akali’s left hand, and led her to the very edge of the scene once again.

Chapter 5: The power of love (part 3)

Notes:

Hey, I decided to post a small part of the chapter ... so I can tease you a bit with that.
I hope you'll enjoy it :D

22.08.2020 - Finished. Hope you like the entirety of the chapter.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The heart of the young rapper was about to explode. Her courage was vanishing at a quick pace. Where not so long ago was bravery, the courage to perform one of her most beloved songs, doubt was currently reigning. Akali tried to play a confident person that she, by no means, was in the current situation. As if someone had a razor-sharp knife on her throat, the brown-haired performer slowly made her way up to the very edge of the stage. If she wasn’t holding her guitar, the crowd before her would be able to spot how much the artist’s hands were trembling.

Swallowing the gulps that kept appearing inside of Akali’s throat was becoming harder and harder with every passing moment. To be perfectly honest, the young woman was probably more scared about Eve being so close to her than about performing. In fact, her mind would just go blank during the performance, as if it was in some kind of standby mode that allowed her to share the best of her with their fans.

As soon as she reached the end of the stage, the magenta-haired goddess appeared behind her, pulling her closer to herself. Her nostrils were immediately filled with the sweet and rich scent that she associated with the diva. If she was to tell the truth, she would have to admit that she adored it. The scent was like a soft blanket that was wrapped around the livening goddess form.

The brown-haired rapper inhaled the smell deeply unknowingly. It was an intoxicating factor for her, and it must have been admitted. Akali could be seen as pretty much frozen in a current situation. She knew that it was inappropriate for them to be that close to each other, she knew that with every passing second breaking free would cost her more and more. Still, she could not muster any kind of strength or courage to do so. It was just another situation when Akali would just want to be more confident in herself. If she was, she would just turn around and reversed the roles between both of them. She wanted nothing more than to repay Evelynn for all of those frustrating moments, on the other hand, she was scared that she misread the intention of the older bandmember. She would cause a massive scandal the very moment her lips would descend onto Evelynn’s. The ninja would want to see the facial expression of the siren, but more than that, she would want to see the returned feeling.

“Darling?” the golden-eyed beauty asked in a low tone. “Are you alright? You’re so pale, and I can sware that your entire frame is trembling. Are you sick?” Evelynn asked with concern in her voice.

“No … I am fine, I was just lost in my thoughts,” the latter lied as swiftly as she could, flashing a small smile as proof of her words.

“I … if you say so, dear. If you’re ready, we can begin. Karthus will be the main singer during this song,” the diva informed the rapper. “If you’re ready, just give a sign to Olaf, and the drums will begin the ballad.”

“Ok … Eve?” the younger woman called.

“Yes, darling?”

“Stay close,” Akali whispered quietly. To Evelynn, it sounded as a plead. The young girl seemed to be troubled, so who was the diva to deny such a simple request.

“I was always near you, I’m, and I’ll be as long as you’d want me to be around,” the magenta-haired woman whispered as well.

“I … I … thank you,” the brown-haired replied.

In the very next second, Akali rose her thumb up, giving the signal to the drummer to start. It didn’t take more than a split second for the experienced artist to see the sign and to begin the performance.

As soon as the very first notes filled the air in the stadium, Rogue felt that the Evelynn’s hold on her waist was strengthened. She smiled when she felt the first kiss being placed on her sensitive nape. The pleasurable shiver run down her spine with what it seemed the speed of light, or even faster.

The brown-haired girl needed to admit that she was so crazy in love with the woman currently standing right behind her. She needed to admit that she was so head over hills in love with her.

That whole situation could be considered or seen as weird. The young rapper was so restless, so insecure when the infamous diva of KDA was nearby. Still, somehow she every single time, she didn’t want her to go away, she wanted her to be near, to make her whole even if it was just for a mere couple of moments. Strange, isn’t it? Akali felt like a massive collection of contradictions that put all together were making a bit of sense. Maybe, it would be appropriate to call her the real example of chaos theory.

The soft as fathers touch kiss brought her back to reality. All it took for the brown-haired performer to go back to the track was the very first line of the lyrics sang with a deep, rich voice of Karthus.

This Romeo is bleeding, but you can't see his blood.

She could hear Evelynn singing it as well. The difference was that the magenta-haired was singing right to her ear in a bit softer manner. Akali immediately smiled, her courage had been restored, she felt as if she was to conquer the entire world in a span of the very next few seconds.

Without much thinking, the youngest member of the band closed her beautiful blue eyes and started to improvise. The original guitar was being played by the Mordekaiser, so she was free to add a bit of spiciness to the legendary ballad. Nearly effortless, the ninja started to copy the singer’s track, from to time adding an additional bend, additional harmonic, additional pinchy sound to capture the attention of the crowd.

Truth be told, Akali didn’t plan to play the song that particular way from the very start. Still, she allowed herself to be carried by the influence of the other performers, to be carried by their passion, their energy. If she were to be asked about the result … hmm … she would probably say that it turned out much better than she anticipated.

Akali allowed herself to be lost, allowed herself to sink into the song, into the performance. It was like a trance with that one exception that she didn’t want it to end. The brown-haired girl felt loved, felt appreciated, felt needed, and on the very top of many other sensations, she was on top … she was the start of the show.

It could be a stupid thought, right? The role of the stage queen was reserved for the diva herself, right? Or … has something changed in the process? It could be considered laughable, but Akali found it immensely challenging to find answers for those questions.

Even though the song seemed to last for a very long time, there was still quite a lot of time left before the solo must be performed. Even though Rogue was in a trance, she still could feel the gorgeous body of Evelynn being pressed onto her. She must admit it, she enjoyed that sensation … she enjoyed it greatly.

Soon enough, the time has finally come. The stage was set for her, she was to play one of the most emotional solos of the older generation of rock, and … she was not afraid of it, she could not wait a single moment more.

“If you told me to cry for you, I could.”

“If you told me to die for you, I would.”

“Take a look at my face.”

“There's no price I won't pay.”

“To say these words to you.”

When the last line was sung, the time came. The arms of the siren - that were enveloped around her waist – let her go, Rogue, seized the opportunity. With little to none thinking, she took a few steps forward, heading into the single, thin ramp that was stage’s extension.

The brown-haired guitarist began the solo before she even reached the very end of the mentioned ramp. At the very beginning, it was just an original guitar track. However, as time passed by so quietly and quickly, the improvisation was soon all over the place. For the youngest member of KDA, it was just like the wildest dream coming true. With little to none effort, she extended the solo, easily doubling the time it lasted, or maybe even tripling. The ninja kept it as close to the original part as she was able to, but didn’t hesitate to add additional techniques. The entirety of the song that was ringing inside her mind was perfect.

Akali could not say for sure how long she was allowed to play like that. Still, at some moment, the diva closed the distance between them once again, capturing the attention of the younger girl within seconds.

“Darling, it’s perfect, but shall we move on?” Evelynn whispered into Akali’s ear.

“Yeah … I guess, I overdid myself a bit, sorry,” Rogue replied while gracefully ending the solo.

“Good job, honey, I’m so proud of you,” the diva cooed in a low tone, taking a step back, and pulling the latter with her.

“I … I … I really appreciate that Eve,” the brown-haired guitarist stuttered while providing the answer.

The scene could be seen as a bit absurd by the crowd, but they didn’t protest at all, they enjoyed the show too.

Once the Akali’s part was over, Karthus and Mordekaiser continued the ballad to the very end. Even though Akali was quite preoccupied with the siren who was dragging her to the very centre of the stage, she continued to support the rest of the performers. She continued to play the singer’s track, in her very unique way.

“I know when I die, you'll be on my mind.”

“And I'll love you, always.”

“Always.”

With those few last lines, the Bon Jovi’s song was officially over. The fans started to chant, started to applaud for the countless time during this night’s gig. Still, it was wordlessly welcomed by the artists. Akali could have sworn that it was much louder than any other time before, but at this point, she could be mistaken, she was at the very edge of exhaustion.

“Darling?” the soft voice of the diva called her.

“Yeah, Eve?” she responded.

“It’s time for you to fulfil your part of the bargain,” Eve whispered as quietly as she could. “Just put down your guitar, sit on the chair, and allow us to surprise you.”

“Ok,” Akali replied instantly. “I am so drained, Eve,” the rapper whispered back.

“I know honey, I’m exhausted as well, but a couple of more minutes and we can go back home,” the magenta-haired cooed tenderly. “Can you endure a couple of minutes more, can you endure them for me, darling?”

“Yeah, I will do it, do not worry,” Rogue provided the answer while returning the guitar to the crew member. When she was done with that task, she rose her thumb up to let the golden-eyed goddess that she can proceed.

Evelynn didn’t wast any time more. The living goddess grabbed the hand of the latter and led her to the previously set chair. As soon as the brown-haired situated herself onto the furniture, the siren reached out for a blindfold that she had in her pocket.

“Relax, honey,” the queen of KDA whispered softly. “I’m going to put that blindfold onto your eyes. It’ll prevent you from peeking out, the surprise is mostly based on the music,” Evelynn provided an explanation.

“Ok,” the rapper answered in a moan-like manner.

“You’re going to be fine, baby,” Eve assured the latter. “I’ll be here, I’ll be here near you … for you,” she added after a short pause.

Akali just nodded with her head, she was at a loss of the word, or maybe, she could not find the right ones – who knows? She took a very deep breath that filled her lungs entirely. With the swish of exhaled air, the blindfold was put on. In a matter of milliseconds, the world vanished, and the darkness began its ruling.

She could still hear the crowd that was non-stop chanting, but more than everything she focused on the sound of the footsteps that were coming from grater distance with every passing moment.

Without anything better to do, Akali tried to focus on every sound that surrounded her.

Soon enough, her bandmates started to play the beginning of some sort of song. The soft notes were becoming louder and louder with time.

Akali was more than certain that she knew the song, but she could not exactly put her finger on it. She could not name it.

“The whispers in the morning.”

“Of lovers sleeping tight.”

“Are rolling by like thunder now.”

“As I look in your eyes.”

With just those few line sung with the angelic voice, the realisation came upon her. “Jennifer Rush, the power of love,” she whispered.

With every single line that she heard, the soft click of high-hilled boots was getting closer and closer. Without discarding the blindfold, without even seeing the approaching person, she knew that it was Evelynn, she knew it deep inside of her.

She could not properly name the feelings that this particular song awoke in her. Or maybe the true question was – “What feelings this particular song that was sung by Evelynn, the woman I secretly love, awoke in me?”.

Akali was definitely at a loss of words, she didn’t know what to say, what to do, so she waited. The brown-haired girl had a sentiment to that track, it always made her cry, no matter what. And the current situation was not different.

As the performance progressed the fold that was put onto Akali’s eyes started to become damp. The people standing in the crowd could not see it, but from time to time, the lone tears could be spotted to run down the cheek of the rapper.

In the mind of Akali, she imagined that Evelynn was singing it to show the latter how much she loved her, how much she valued her. The song was connected with one of the most guarded secrets of the browned-haired girl. She wanted to hear that song from the woman she would love, out of the purest love.

That was what the rapper of KDA was imagining in her head.

Even though Akali enjoyed every second of the performance, she wanted it to end as quickly as it was possible. She was not sure whether she could muster enough strength to endure the truth … to endure the truth that Eve did not do it as she expected, out of the reasons she begged for.

It was not long before the song reached its finish, but for the brown-haired woman, it seemed like ages. By the time, the diva stopped singing, the blindfold was completely wet.

As soon as Akali made sure that the song actually ended, she discarded the material out of her sight, got up, and ran away toward the backstage as quickly as she could.

The eyes of the youngest performer were still wet, there were still tears pouring down her cheeks, but she was running away. She could have sworn that she heard the familiar sound of high-hilled boot’s clicks behind her, but she did not dare to look back.

It was just a matter of time before Akali reached the resting room of the group at the very end of the backstage. Without much thinking, she stormed through the door, leaving it open behind her. As soon as she was in, she headed toward the toilet.

She did not dare to look at the mirror, she did not dare to look at her reflection. The young girl just turned on the water. All she wanted was to try to calm herself. The rapper was all too aware that what she just did might cause the affair shortly.

Suddenly, she was grabbed from behind, pulled toward the soft material and warm flesh underneath it. She sunk into it without hesitation with any protest at all.

“Darling … darling, I’m sorry,” she heard after a few moments of silence.

“What are you apologising for?” she asked Evelynn, not daring to raise her eyes.

“I … I made you cry,” Eve provided an answer slowly. “I didn’t intend to make you cry, believe me, I did not,” she added.

“I know,” the ninja replied. “I just ran away from the truth,” the girl confessed.

“What are you talking about?” the surprised magenta-haired asked.

“I … I …,” the brown-haired started to stutter while turning around. Once she was face to face with the woman she loved, she grabbed her chin gently and adjusted their eyes to be on the same level,” I ran away from the truth that you don’t love me, that the song was just a gift for me. The gift, the thank you from the friends,” Rogue added.

“I … I …,” the golden-eyed murmured.

“Shhh … I know that you do not have the same feelings toward me. I know that you are attracted only to male celebrities.  I was just foolish enough to believe in a miracle.”

“Nice dress, Eve,” Akali said quietly, eyeing the clothing of the diva.

It could be considered a pretty plain outfit for the scandalous, infamous diva of KDA, but Rogue found it beautiful. It was a really long dress of purest white. It fracture was delicate. From the close, one could spot that embroidered differently on each part of the dress. In the chest area, the embroidery was much thinner, slightly transparent. For example, in the legs area, it was much thicker, the material was embroidered in such a way to create folds that overlapped themselves. For Akali, it was just a little masterpiece, a little art.

“Akali … Akali, darling, look at me,” the golden-eyed woman tried to earn the attention of the latter.

“I am sorry, I just … I just tried to eat you up with my very own eyes, sorry Eve,” the latter apologised.

“Wasn’t it a dream of yours to be a recipient of that very song?” the diva asked tenderly, creasing one of Akali’s cheek.

“Yes …,” the ninja started, “ but I wanted it to be sing by the person that I love, that loves me, and is doing it out of love to me,” she confessed. “I love you … I think I fell in love with you long ago, but I did not dare to admit it. I did not dare to admit it in my mind, nor publicly.”

“Akali,” the diva gasped loudly. “So … so it makes two of us.”

“What?” the surprised girl asked. “You want to tell me that …”

“Yes … yes, I want to tell you that I love you, Akali,” the diva interrupted the rapper. “I fell for you I don’t really know when, but it a long time ago,” Eve admitted. “I know that I did a lot of stupid things to you, but maybe we can start over … would you like to be my girlfriend?”

“Yes … yes, yes!!!” Akali nearly shouted, crushing their lips together.

“If these stupid hoes don’t have sex now, I’m going to kill them!” the voice of the KDA’s leader could be heard from the resting room.

“As if you weren’t a sucker for Sona,” Kai’sa chuckled.

“Kai, I’ll kill you too!” the pissed off Foxy growled.

“Don’t worry about them,” Evelynn cooed Akali. “Just kiss me more, and I’ll protect you from her,” the older woman giggled.

“I can gladly do that,” Rogue replied, kissing her now official girlfriend with every ounce of emotions she had in herself.

Notes:

Used songs:
Bon Jovi - Always
Jennifer Rush - The power of love

Fun fact:
Akali shares the wish with me :D (Aka I used my personal wish for that chapter)

Chapter 6: The war call (part 3)

Notes:

Hey... I want to present a new chapter. Hope you'll enjoy it.

As always, thanks for everything, and see you next time :)

Chapter Text

It took more than a couple of minutes for the white-haired Asur to stabilize the witch elf’s condition. To be perfectly honest, she was not entirely sure whether she did it out of compassion or out of the pure lust. All Akali knew was that she wanted the gorgeous woman to survive.

After what felt like ages, the Druchii started to breathe steadily on her own. To the ranger, it was a reward itself, after all, she was not a medic, nor she knew how to use magic to heal.

As soon as the main threat was dealt with, the white-haired soldier focused on the open found on the stomach of the Dark Elf woman. Again… her lack of medical knowledge hit her hard. In the current situation, there was little that she could do for the wounded black-haired elf. She could clean the cut, bandage it, and forced the injured to take a sip of a strengthing potion that she had in a bag.

It was a decent plan in Akali’s eyes, so without further delay, she began to fulfil it.

First of all, the Shadow Warrior searched the bodies of the dead Shades. She was looking mainly for some potions, bandages, water, maybe some food. Thankfully, she found a little of everything in their pouches. One of the waterskin that she managed to find was half-empty while the second one was nearly untouched. Without blinking, the young elf decided to used the more used one while cleaning the wound.

The first few drops of the water were poured out on the cut. Akali wanted to know whether she could force the body of the witch elf to extract some of the dirt on its own.

As soon as the water reached the bruised area, the face of the black-haired elf was twisted with pain. The fresh blood poured out of the cut, taking nearly all of the mess alongside itself. Akali smiled a little. For her, it was a small victory, but there was more work to be done.

The ranger waited till the wound stopped bleeding before cutting fabric into small pieces. One by one, she poured the water onto the items. When she was satisfied with them, she started to clean up the cut. As gently as she could, she wiped the red stains out of Druchii’s stomach. Then, Asur focused on the edges of the cut. With every single swipe that she took, more and more blood was bleeding out of the bruised area. Thankfully, she managed to seal the wound with the clotted blood. She knew that it was only a matter of time before it would open itself again, but for now… it should do. A couple of moments and the clean fabric was wrapped around the wound.

Akali looked on her own hands with a little disgust. They were painted red currently. With the remaining water, she washed them.

Out of a sudden, something caught her attention. The young woman could no longer hear the breathing sound of the wounded elf. With a terrifying expansion all over her face, she turned around as quickly as she could to check on the Druchii.

The black-haired woman was slightly bent. She was using her arms to support her own weight while she was trying to sit up. One quick look was all that was required for the white-haired Asur to know that she was in pain. Her noble features were twisted in a grim of pain. It was safe to assume that the witch elf was not entirely sure where was she, or what happened. The Druchii was staring at Akali with her eyes wide open, she was holding her breath as if she wanted the young girl to forget about her.

“How do you feel?” Akali managed to say.

“I… I… I… you’re going to kill me, right?” the black-haired elf mumbled after a few moments.

“No… I want to know what happened here, and you’re the only one left who can answer my questions,” the white-haired woman tried to respond as naturally as she could.

“So… I’m your prisoner now, right?” the Druchii sighed heavily. It was clear that Akali failed to sound as she wanted.

“Partially… yes,” the ranger replied after a second of hesitation. “What’s your name Druchii?”

“Evelynn… what’s yours?” the wounded woman said in a weak, shallow voice.

“Akali,” the Shadow Warrior provided an answer. “Is it still hurting you?” she asked while pointing with her finger onto the bandaged area.

“Yes…” Evelynn whispered. “What’s going to happen now?”

“I’m going to take care of you, then we’ll have a talk,” Akali explained. “Trust me beautiful, I’ve already put quite an effort to keep you alive, I’m not going to risk. You aren’t dying on me,” she assured the wounded Druchii.

“Who are you?” the black-haired woman asked in a risen tone a couple of moments later.

The tone in which the question was asked, surprised the assassin. Up to now, the dark elf was using a low, slightly sad voice, but it was no longer a case. Currently, the anger could be noticed. Akali looked straight into the eyes of the witch elf. What she saw were two orbs of deep brown colour that have a resemblance to a cat’s eyes. They seemed so primal, so intoxicating. The eyes were slightly fogged as if the woman was poisoned or was not fully conscious.

“Who are you!?” the growl escaped the throat of the dark elf. “What are you going to do to me!?” another question was asked.

“Shh… relax… I’m not going to hurt you, I want to help,” the white-haired woman panicked. She did not know what to do in the current situation, and the sudden twist of it did not help her at all.

“You aren’t one of my kin!” the dark elf spatted through clenched teeth. “Who are you?! I’m asking one last time.”

The Druchii reached out for something at the very back of her belt. Before she could even react, the short, curved blade was drawn.

“I… I… I’m Akali, I’m Asur,” the ranger mumbled seeing the dagger.

“You’re lying!” Evelynn shouted on top of her lungs, dashing forward. “You were sent by Annerith. Say it, you fucking liar!”

“Wait, wait!” Akali shouted. “I don’t know who Annerith is, I…” she tried to explain, but there was no time for that… if she wanted to survive, she needed to dodge attacks of the furious black-haired woman.

Even though Evelynn was severely wounded and just a couple of moments earlier, she could barely move, currently she seemed to be in some kind of a trance. The witch elf was attacking with primal frenzy like some kind of berserk. She was not afraid of anything.

They were fighting on the very bottom of the hole where Akali found the Druchii. There was not enough space for the ranger to even properly dodge the furious slashes that the dark-haired woman was launching. Soon enough, Akali’s back hit the edge of the pit, leaving her without any way out. All the Shadow Warrior could do was to press forward. The problem was that she possibly was not a match against the witch elf.

Akali spotted that the bandage started to soak with fresh blood. It was just another problem that she needed to deal with in the given situation. The fight must be resolved, or Evelynn might bleed out.

With a bit of luck, the ranger managed to grab both forearms. She tried to put as much strength into the hold to force the Druchii to let go of her weapon. Sadly, as she had feared, Evelynn seemed to be stronger than her in a given moment. It wasn't an unbeatable gap, but it was still noticeable.

Even though the ranger managed to hold on to her grip, within seconds, she fell onto her back. The gorgeous black-haired woman was hovering over her with the blade that was no further than two inches away from Akali’s body. The white-haired was not sure how long would she be able to keep up with the witch elf.

Her mind was a complete mess. Millions of thoughts were running through it without any direction. The Asure tried to think about her current situation, but she could not focus. With any better plan in her head, she pulled the black-haired elf toward herself. Akali willingly allowed the curved blade to sink into her soft flesh.

A burning sensation ran throughout her entire frame when the dagger pierced through the fabric of her tunic. Her skin, a thin layer of grease, muscles were not a match for the hardened steel. With glassy eyes, the ranger somehow managed to muffle the scream that was born inside her throat. Every passing moment was only adding pain.

The Asur knew that if she did not proceed with her plan, soon the witch elf would start to move the blade, the woman would start to tear her muscles apart.

Without hesitation, Akali pulled Evelynn even closer. The black-haired woman was too close to be able to maintain her grip onto the dagger. With a low growl, the Druchii let go of her weapon. On the other hand, the ranger encouraged with a little success, enveloped her firm arms around the furious dark elf.

“Shh…” the white-haired elf managed to breathe out. “I’m not here to hurt you, I’ll help you.”
“You’re the minion of Annerith, you can’t fool me!” Eve was still shouting, trembling as much as she could to lose the Asur’s hold onto her.

“No… I’m a real Asur, I was sent here to scout,” Akali whispered quietly. Her strength already started to fail her. There was not much time left for the young woman to convince the Druchii to believe her.

“Prove it then!” Eve demanded.

“I have an amulet on my neck…” the white-haired Shadow Warrior whined. “Take a look of it… all citizens of Etain are given one of these when they became adult,” she added in a weak tone.

“Let’s check that, shall we?” the dark elf woman replied in a venomous tone. “If you lie, I’ll skin you piece by piece, lair!” she threatened the girl below her.

“I… I sware that I’m telling the truth,” Akali whispered while loosening her grip onto the witch elf. It was a double-edged sword, a final decision. If the dark elf decided that she wanted to kill her, she could do it right now.

“Let me see then,” the dark elf woman whispered.

The dagger was withdrawn from Akali’s shoulder.

“That’s it,” the ranger sighed inside her mind. “That’s how my life is going to end. I’m sorry mother… father… I’ve failed you in so many ways,” she continued while the tears started to roll out of her eyes.

Akali closed her eyes, said a short prayer, and she was ready to die. Not really ready… nobody is ever prepared to truly die.

The black-haired witch elf was looking at the woman who saved her. Even though her eyes were still a little bit foggy, with the passing time, her sight was becoming clearer and clearer. With every fibre of herself, Evelynn wanted to believe the younger woman. Still, her entire life taught her one thing, not to trust anyone.

For a couple of extended moments, the Druchii kept starring into her blade that currently was soaked with fresh blood of Akali. Or at least blood of the person who claimed to be Akali, her mind added. With every single passing moment, the blade was taking a more detailed shape in front of her eyes.

It took maybe a minute or 2 before she could spot the runes that were engraved on the hilt of the dagger. As soon as it happened, she knew that from now on, she could believe her eyes.

Without more delays, Evelynn averted her brown eyes from the weapon and focused on the woman lying beneath her. In fact, the young elf looked like Asur. As far as she knew, the woman’s outfit was matching the usual armour of Shadow Warriors, but she could be mistaken. During her time as a servant of Annerith, her master was frequently testing her. She was sending Druchies after her. Some of them were clothes as usual dark elves, some clothed as Asur. Still, none of them had the traditional amulet of Etain. If the girl below her had it, it would be easier for Evelynn to believe.

Without hesitation, the Druchii lowered the blade and cut through the top part of the girl’s chest piece. It was made of rough leather, so the dagger had no problem running through it. She could feel that Akali was trembling, being perfectly honest, she could not blame her for that. After all, the so-claimed Asur was at her mercy.

Soon enough, the chest piece was ripped apart, and the dark elf had access to the ample cleavage that was her doing. Through it, Evelynn could she the breasts of the Asur clothed in a simple bra. The witch elf must admit that it was a tempting sight to behold. But what was more interesting to her, was a small necklace that was lying on top of the woman’s bosom. It presented the symbol of elven god… more than that, it was a symbol of Asuryan. So… it was the truth, Akali was Asur, she came from Etain, maybe… just maybe, there was another way out of this situation for Evelynn.

“You told the truth,” Eve whispered in a quiet tone.

“I told you… I have nothing to gain by spreading lies,” Akali slowly replied.

“Come then, we need to talk,” the witch elf responded without wasting any time.

The ranger breathed out heavily. She was going to live, for how long, she was not sure, but for now, it was not that important.

As soon as the black-haired woman took a few steps back, the Shadow Warrior sat up.

“It’s going to be a really long talk,” she exclaimed in her mind.

Chapter 7: The heart not so cold (part 1)

Notes:

I would like to present a preview of the new chapter.

Hope you'll like it.

2020.11.29 - a preview was posted.
2020.12.01 - a whole chapter posted.

PS. My current plan for a couple of next weeks:
3rd chapter of Alone,
3rd chapter of Kiss the Rain (it's possible that I will end up rewriting the 1rst chapter as well),
3rd chapter of Sometimes it's just better not to know,
8th chapter of The rise of the Blood Moons' servants.

Then, I will probably rewrite one chapter of "My home is where my heart lies" and write 17th chapter of that story, but who knows.

PS.PS. If you have an idea that you would like to see me write, or want me to quicken the writing of any of my stories, feel free to write a comment :D

As always, till the next time, and thanks for everything.

Chapter Text

It is so easy to fool people. To achieve that, all you have to do is just pretend, lie and manipulate. Of course, the prestige, renown, connections can make the whole process easier, but it can be achieved without it.

Oh, how stupid Ashe was to even remotely believe that the peace between her people and Senjuani’s would last. She wanted that to happen more than probably anything in her life. She was ready for sacrifices to see the end of that war. Months of chaotic, draining negations were rewarded with the peace treaty. In that very moment, the queen of the Freljord was the proudest woman in the entire world. To see the results of her efforts was indescribable.

At last, she could focus all of her strengths, not to defend or conquer, but to rebuild her nation. She knew that it was a lot to ask for, but she believed that it was achievable. Oh… how naive she was, how stupid.

The snowy-haired woman married the barbarian only to strengthen her people. There were no such things as love behind it. She was smiling, cheerful, beautiful at their wedding, but deep inside, she was dead. The young woman never planned to marry anyone. She was forced to do this, to secure the future of her one true love – her people.

Even when the priest gave them the blessings of the Gods, and allowed them to make love for the very first time as a king and queen, she was acting. When he tried to make her fall for him, Ashe just demanded him to quicken up the pace. Even though she was a virgin, she did not ask for gentleness, she wanted the whole farce to be over with as soon as possible. Don’t get me wrong. The white-haired queen was screaming on top of her lungs that night and every night after that. But it was not out of pleasure, it was caused by unbearable pain.

Probably the most difficult part of her life was to play the role of a happy wife. It required her to wear a mask all the time. But… if it was the cost for the future of her people, she was more than willing to pay that price. Still, it was ridiculous, but… deep inside of her, Ashe wanted to be just like every other woman. She wanted to live happily ever after, after all.

It was so foolish for the queen of Freljord to believe in any words that escaped the mouth of Sejuani. She should have known better than to trust the raiders’ boss.

The peace did not even last a year. When the people of Ashe were celebrating the holiday, the armies of Sejuani attacked. With her forces, the raiders’ boss’s new ally came along. The Noxus sent one of its many legions to assist so-called “true queen of Freljord” in reclaiming her throne. Just in the span of a few days, most of the Ashe’s territory was conquered. Within the next few days, the army led by Tryndamer – Ashe’s husband – was decimated, and the king was executed publically. All the young queen was left with was a capital and a couple of villages that were protected it. The army was gone. In fact, it was the snowy-haired woman who insisted on leaving only a handful of troops in the capital city. And now, she was going to pay the price for her foolishness.

The only bright side in that mess was the fact that the young queen would not spend any more night at the side of the brute that was called her husband. At least for that, the snowy-haired woman was thankful.

Even though Ashe needed her sleep more than ever, she was simply unable to fall asleep. As soon as her eyes were closed, the images of untold horrors would appear inside her mind. She could try to fight them, try to exhaust her mind and body to the point of blackout, but it would not be a solution. That night was not different. After rumbling all over her bed for God-knows how long, she finally gave up. With a low groan, the white-haired woman stood up, grabbing a thick fur coat before exiting her quarters.

The queen was met by the chilling-cold wind that was howling through the night. Even though it was already past midnight, it was not as dark as one might expect. The ever-present snow was reflecting the moonlight, making it easy enough to walk without any source of additional light. Without an ounce of thinking, Ashe headed toward the tall walls of the capital city. To be frank, it was the only structure that was entirely made of stone.

The unpleasant shiver ran down Ashe’s spine. She had a feeling as if someone was watching her from the shadows. The first time, she got that feeling was during her climb toward the wall’s top. She scoffed quietly, it was a ridiculous idea. No one would want to venture outside during the cold nights of Freljord’s winter. Even a few guards that were left inside the city were staying inside the towers. The chill of the night was being countered by the warmth of the fireplaces.

Ashe cursed under her breath. It was way colder outside than she initially anticipated. It was just another foolish idea of hers, nothing more nothing less. The woman tightened her grip on the fur coat. Every single breath she took made her throat ache a little. Every single exhale was turned into a white cloudly mist that flew into the skies.

The young queen needed to admit, she came here to calm her mind. It could be considered weird, but she found comfort in standing on top of the tall walls. She enjoyed the sight that was presented before her very eyes.

“Enjoying your night, my queen?” the unexpected question was asked out of nowhere.

“Who are you? Show yourself!” the surprised and to some extend terrified woman ordered.

“As you wish,” the response came a moment later. “Look behind,” the voice added.

Without hesitation, the white-haired woman turned around. There was a single person that was resting against the cold surface of the stones. Ashe could swear that the person was not there a moment ago. The woman – based on the voice – was shorter than her, but there was no denying that her confident aura was terrifying. The newcomer was dressed in a long thick coat in the colour of the snow. The face of the woman was hidden behind the mask. There was no doubt that the stranger had a weapon hidden somewhere beneath her warm clothing.

“Who are you?!” Ashe repeated her demand. “What are you doing here?” she asked, taking a single step back.

“Are you afraid?” the masked woman asked nonchalantly. “Where are you going to run?”

“I’m the queen of Frejlord, I’m not going to run away!” the white-haired woman replied confidently, but still took another step back.

“Oh… I see,” the stranger uttered. “I am not here to kill you,” she added nearly instantaneously.

“I beg your pardon,” the queen scoffed. “What else would bring you here?” she demanded to know.

“It is a long story,” the masked woman responded cooly. “If you want me to tell it to you, we should better go inside. A couple of minutes more in that bezier outfit of yours, and you will end up catching a cold,” she added, heading toward Ashe.

“I’m not going to move anywhere till you finally answer my questions!” the white-haired ruler uttered in slightly risen tone.

“Fine, I will answer your question then,” the stranger replied, sighing, and shaking her head.

“Who are you?!” Ashe repeated herself for the third time.

“I am Akali, you should remember me from the ‘League’,” the newcomer responded quietly.

“Pfff… prove it,” the young ruler scoffed.

“Prove it how?” the masked woman asked stoically.

“Discard your mask and hood. Show me your face!” the queen ordered.

“As you wish, my queen,” the hooded woman replied respectfully.

Ashe took another two steps back. Despite her confident words, she was ready to run away if the situation demanded it. The stranger stopped. Without an ounce of hesitation, the hood was discarded, showing the long put-down hair in the colour of the night. The plain silver masked shared the same fate a moment later. As soon as the item was removed, the young noble face was revealed. The rich brown eyes were fixed at the queen of Freljord while the full lips were tightened into a solid line. No emotion could be read out of the face of the woman. Still… it was Akali, indeed.

“Akali?” the surprised white-haired woman called. “What are you doing here?”

“As I said… it is quite a long story, it would be better for us to move inside if you want to hear it,” the Ionian repeated herself.

“Should I greet you, or have you imprisoned?” Ashe asked.

“It is your choice, my queen,” Akali responded immediately, shrugging.

“Ughh… let’s come inside then,” the ruler of Freljord said. “Follow me,” she ordered.

“After you.”

Even though the white-haired woman wanted to ask so many more questions, Akali was right, she began to feel the effect of the Freljord’s winter night. She needed to warm herself, or she would soon get sick. Without turning her head even a single time, she led the assassin to her throne room. As it was to be expected, inside the halls, the temperature was significantly higher. She allowed herself to sit onto the throne before addressing the stranger that arrived unexpectedly into her kingdom.

“So? What is the reason behind your arrival?” the queen asked once again.

“Ehhh…” Akali sighed heavily, unbuttoning her coat. “I am no longer part of Kinkou Order,” she added after a brief pause. “Before my mother exiled me, she gave me the last order. I am to protect you with my very own life,” the ninja explained.

“Wait… what?” the shooked queen asked. “Your mother exiled you?”

“It is not like she ever cared for me,” the assassin replied with a short shrug. “We disagree on many fields that it was just a matter of time before she would want me out,” she provided a short explanation. “It was not unexpected,” she added without emotions.

“Why should I keep you?” the white-haired woman asked, even though she already knew at least a couple of reasons. “What use will I have of you?”

“My queen,” Akali started formally. “You know me from ‘League’, you know what I am capable of. The question is not ‘what use will you have of me?’, it is ‘what do you want me to do for you?’,” the ninja stated. “I am a trained soldier, I can kill without making a sound or leaving any trail behind me. I can sabotage, I can make people stir up, I can kill someone that presents a threat to you. I am currently homeless if you want me, I will serve you till the end of my days. If you do not, I will end my life, cause I am just a failure,” she explained.

“Straight to the point, I see,” Ashe hummed. “I could use the service of such an experienced assassin as you,” she admitted aloud. “I assume you’re familiar with the situation my kingdom is under as of now?” she asked.

“Of course, my queen,” the Ionian simply replied. “I process some intel that might be valuable to you and believe that I can help you turn the war around,” she stated with confidence in her tone.

“Hmmm?” the white-haired woman got interested. “What do you mean?”

“Your enemies are only 2 days away from the capital city,” the assassin uttered in a quiet tone. “The forces that were assigned to deal with your last reasonable stand are not as massive as you might have anticipated. 500 of Senjuani’s warriors and 1000 Noxians, considering the entirety of their armies, it is your best shot to defend the capital, my queen,” she explained.

“They still have at least 1500 soldiers while I’m left with at most 300,” the ruler of Fralejord scoffed. “Even if I asked my people to fight, they’d be no match to the professional soldiers.”

“You are right, my queen. In open battle, the remnants of your force would be easily overpowered and crushed. Still, sieges are more favourable toward defenders in most cases. Considering that the walls that surround the city, there is a considerably high chance for us to win. All you need to do, my queen, is to recruit the citizens. They will not fight openly, I would rather use them as skirmishers. Let them shoot with bows, throw javelins. Those 300 remaining regular soldiers are enough to hold the gate and the walls with the assist of the skirmishers. The person who built this city knew what he was doing. The enemy forces can not march past us and deal with these few villages that are supplying the capital. They are left with just two choices. If we eliminate one of them, the victory is a certainty,” the ninja explained.

“What choices are you talking about?” the queen wanted to know. “I’d assume that the first option would be a frontal assault, they don’t have enough resources to maintain a siege,” Ashe uttered.

“Yes… it is a correct guess, my queen,” Akali agreed, bowing slightly. “The second option would be to use the underground tunnels that one of the previous rulers of the city ordered to build,” she added after a moment of pause. “They were supposed to act as the last way out of the city, but plan assumed that the attack would come from the sea, not from the mainland. I have checked those passages already, most of them are still useable. If I was able to find them so easily, it would not take too much time for Noxians to locate them,” she explained without emotions.

“What would you suggest to do with that ‘minor’ detail?” Freljord’s ruler wanted to know.

“Oh… there are plenty of ways to deal with that,” Akali assured the white-haired woman. “If you want, I can go through all of them with examples and details, my queen,” the black-haired woman offered.”

“Do it,” Ashe ordered immediately. “If what you’ve just mentioned is right, I’ll need every advantage I can get. Tomorrow in the morning, you’ll show me these passages,” she demanded.

“As you wish,” the rogue-ninja simply replied, nodding.

“But now, I want to know everything,” Ashe uttered.

“It’s going to be a long night,” the queen sighed deep inside her mind.

Chapter 8: The heart not so cold (part 2)

Notes:

Hey, I want to present the preview of the 2nd part of the story resolving Akali and Ashe history.

I know, I've written that I'd focus on other texts, stories, but frankly, for now, I'm not in a mood to do so. So, I've decided to fill the break with this text :D

I hope you'll like it.

As always, thanks for everything, and see you next time ;)

A changelog:
2021-01-11: A preview posted.
2021-01-15: A whole chapter posted.

Chapter Text

With a silent curse, the queen of Flerjord tried to keep herself awake. Even though she would have never admitted such a matter aloud, she was tired. The entirety of the night was spent on discussing every possible advantage that Akali could see. Hours after hours, it seemed that the night faded away in a blink of an eye. One detail must be admitted aloud, Ashe was so impressed by the former ninja’s knowledge. Out of her own experience, she could say that it was never easy to speak coherently for such a long time. Unintentionally, she yawned loudly. It was only a matter of time before the fatigue would force her to take a rest.

“Drink it,” the masked woman simply uttered, handing her a decently-sized mug. The pungent aroma was escaping it with cloudy steam.

“What’s that?” the queen wanted to know, pressing her right palm to her lips to prevent another yawn.

“Just a mixture of herbs that I found during my journey here,” Akali replied, not looking at the white-haired woman. The young assassin headed toward the map, lying on top of the war table. She began inspecting it for the most likely hundredth time.

“Pfff,” Ashe scoffed, taking a hesitant sip of the provided brew. “You’ve been inspecting that very map for almost all night. Do you still keep fooling yourself that there’s more to read out of it?” the ruler added with a bored tone.

“Hmm,” the raven-haired woman hummed. “It is not about grasping anything more out of it,” she replied with a shrug. “It is just a habit of mine. I prefer to have everything planned, under control,” the assassin tried to provide an explanation.

“Pfff,” the white-haired queen commented Akali’s reasoning with a scoff. “If it makes your mind clearer, by all means, go ahead. However, I’d say that’s an utter waste of time.”

“Maybe you are right, my queen,” the assassin replied emotionlessly. “How is the brew?” she asked a moment later.

“Surprisingly good, thank you,” the Freljord’s ruler responded.

“Are you ready to proceed to the tunnels?” Akali asked, still focused on the map.

“Do I even have a say in that matter?!” Ashe ironically replied with a rhetorical question.

“For clearance, you have, at least to some extent, my queen,” the raven-haired woman uttered, turning around. “Your enemies’ army will not reach the capital for at least 3 to 4 day, so you can freely postpone a visit there,” another emotionless statement was provided.

“No, we have little to none time left,” Ashe said confidently. “We’ll need all damned time we can get if you’re to have even the faintest chance in the upcoming battle,” she added. “Lead the way, assassin,” the ruler ordered.

With just a slight nod as a response, Akali headed toward the hall’s exit. The coat that she wore last night was still lying discarded on the seat she occupied for hours by now. The young Ionian seemed not to care about such a minor detail – in her opinion – at all. With a silent scoff, the queen followed the raven-haired woman, putting her own coat on while doing so. As she expected, the moment the doorways were moved, the chilling harsh wind of the North made its way into the throne room. The fool who ordered to build a semi-open corridor leading to the ruler’s hall should have been executed when the idea came to his head. With a silent curse on her lips, the queen made sure to tighten up her clothes around her delicate frame. Looking at the assassin proceeding so effortlessly, carefree was a torture for the white-haired woman. How in the world, the Ionian woman seemed to be immune to the harsh northern weather whilst the white queen was so vulnerable to its effect? The queen would have never admitted that aloud, but the north weather was very problematic for her. Gritting her teeth, Ashe tried to speed up. After all, Akali was her guide, at least for now. It was so humiliating to the white-haired woman to be at the mercy of the assassin. For now, the future of her people lied in those blood-covered hands.

“How old is Akali, actually?” she asked herself out of a sudden.

It might have sounded ridiculous, but Ashe did not know the answer to that question. The war mother did not waste her time to make acquaintances whilst in the Institute. For the white-haired woman, her time there was just another duty, another chore that needed to be fulfiled. With her eyes of clear skies fixed on the Inonian’s frame, she came closer, reducing the gap between them to a minimum. Maybe, for the first time, the queen decided to look at the stoic assassin closer.

The Ionian woman was far more muscular than Ashe, there was no point in denying it. The scaly armour she wore seemed to be skin-tight. Underneath it, the white-haired queen could spot the firm muscles moving. One could say that the armour was made with her in mind, to highlight her figure, her musculature. Ashe tried to reach out for her memories of the times in the Institute. The queen might have been wrong, but she did not think that the young assassin walking in front of her was that muscular when they met for the very first time. The white-haired ruler scoffed under her breath just a moment later. What the hell was she thinking about? Her nation was about to be extinct, and yet she – their queen – seemed to be more intrigued by the frame of the Ionian woman than protecting what was most important to her.

“You seemed upset, my lady,” Akali’s voice sounded a couple of moments later.

“You could say that,” Ashe replied in a low, throaty tone.

“May I know the reason?” the assassin asked, still not looking at the white-haired beauty.

“Does it really matter?” the queen replied with a question of her own.

“I would think so,” the raven-haired woman responded, abruptly stopping.

The change was so sudden that Ashe did not manage to stop herself, ending up, bumping into the assassin. To her untold surprise, the Ionian woman was not moved even an inch by her impact. To prevent herself from falling, the queen reached out for Akali, hugging her frame from behind.

“Why have you stopped?!” the white-haired ruler said with her voice risen. “You’ve almost made me fell down!” she uttered angrily.

When the white-haired regained her balance, she was supposed to step away from the Ionian. Funnily, she did precisely opposite, strengthening her grip onto Akali. She could feel the tensed muscles moving under her palms and feel the warmth emanating from the assassin. The sensation could be described as pleasant, even intoxicating. For more than a couple of seconds, she continued to touch the raven-haired woman inappropriately. And, frankly, she enjoyed it surprisingly. Gods, she had not felt that way in a really long time, or even ever.

Sadly for the queen, the realisation came down on her not that long after. As soon as she came to her mind, she backed off, nearly jumping.

“No one can know about what happened!” she immediately said. Her voice filled with a note of the order.

“As you wish, my queen,” still emotionless assassin replied.

“Lead the damn way! We don’t have a whole day for that!” Ashe let her anger and maybe frustration spoke up.

The raven-haired woman turned around to face the white-haired ruler. As it was expected, no emotions could be read out of her beautiful face. With just a single short nod, the Ionian accepted an order. Without wasting even a fraction of a second, she continued her walk, looking straight ahead.

“If you want to win that war, you need to keep your head clear, my queen,” Akali uttered after at least a couple of moments of silence.

“I know that,” Ashe replied with a hint of nervousness. “I can deal with that on my own. All I ask you is to show me that damned place you’ve been continuously mentioning throughout the night,” she added nearly instantly.

“Are you sure you can handle that matter alone?” the assassin asked painfully emotionless. Still, to the white-haired queen, it felt as if someone was tearing her apart. As a ruler, her will should not have been doubted, her word not to be questioned.

“I’m the queen of Freljord,” the war mother replied slowly, making sure to put enough of emphasising into every single uttered word. “I can deal with such minor details like my thoughts!” it was unknown whether she tried to convince the Ionian, or herself.

The raven-haired woman turned her head slightly to the side. She looked straight into the eyes of the queen. The confidence, the northern woman wanted to present, could not be found in the orb of azure, only questions, doubts. For a couple of prolonged moments, the silence between them was maintained. Akali was not sure whether to comment about what she saw, but in the end, she decided that it was not worth trying. Ashe seemed to be tensed enough, even without the young woman asking uncomfortable questions.

Soon enough, the ruler’s hold was left behind. The Ionian was not entirely sure if the white-haired woman even noticed them exiting through the large gate. She decided to sigh heavily, trying to bring back the queen to reality. Exactly as she thought, a light gasp escaped the throat of the white-haired woman a moment later. Freljord’s ruler could pretend all she wanted, but she would not be able to fool the assassin. After all, it was part of her job to seek weaknesses, doubts inside her targets.

“It would be wise to take a couple of guards with us,” Akali simply stated.

“What for?” the slightly confused white-haired woman wanted to know the reason.

“Just in case some Noxian were sent ahead of the army,” the assassin stated with a shrug. “Other than that, I feel like it would wise to have someone else with the knowledge of those passages.”

“Hmm,” the queen hummed, thinking about the latter’s response. “There’s some wisdom behind your words,” she admitted after a few moments. “Let’s head toward this small building first, then,” the white-haired rules decided, pointing out the direction.

“As you wish,” Akali said with a quick nod.

Without slowing down, the assassin headed toward the requested direction. The building Ashe pointed out was not impressive in any way. Just a small construction built mostly out of the wooden logs. From her current position, the Ionian could see only one window that created a tiny gap. The weather worsened since they left the main hold of the capital. The chilling cold wind began to carry tiny snowflakes, reducing the sight significantly.

Within a couple of moments, they reached the wooden building. Akali stopped right in front of the entrance leading to the construction, waiting for the queen to call her men. With a loud scoff, Ashe slipped past the assassin, entering what was most likely an outpost. The door was shut closed after Freljord’s ruler. Still, the angry voice of the queen could be heard through the solid surface of the wood. It seemed that Ashe got pissed more out of their little chat than she wanted to show openly. The Ionian remained silent, it was not her goal to piss off the queen, it was far from that. If she wanted to save the woman and her people, she must make sure that the white-haired woman would calm down soon. The young woman did not manage to close her eyes before the door opened again. There was a positive side in that she did not have to wait for too long. The queen left the outpost as the very first. The scowl could be seen painted on top of her bright, beautiful face. A few moments later, the arms women began departing the building. There were 5 of them, all wearing the same equipment. It consisted of a mail long vest reaching the ankles, a furry coat, a conical helmet with a mask attached to it, a sword, a spear, and a shield. All of them were blondes, their long hair was emerging from under the helmets.

“Valkyries?” the dark-haired Ionian asked?

“It’s precisely their rank,” Ashe replied in a cold tone. “Most of my remaining forces consist of them. They’re my guardians, but currently, they’re all that’s left out of my army,” she bitterly added. “I can assure you, they’re as deadly as beautiful. Partially, it was a requirement to join.”

“I see,” the assassin hummed, sparing a couple of seconds to take a closer look at the women. “Can we proceed?” she asked afterwards.

“It’d be in your best interest to do so,” the queen huffed angrily.

“Very well, follow me,” the Ionian stated emotionlessly, annoying the ruler even further.

After just a couple of minutes of a walk, it was evident that the snow was scraped only around the ruler’s hold. To get to the tunnels below the city, they needed to get through mid-calf snowdrifts. As far as the assassin remembered, the road leading to the passages was not that unwelcome yesterday. It must have been snowing pretty heavily throughout the night. A low growl could be heard right behind her, marking the moment when Ashe spotted the obstacle.

“I will go first,” Akali said. “You, Valkyries, you are next, try to pave the passthrough as much as it is possible,” she referred toward the arms women.

Without uttering even a single word, the women-in-arms nodded. As soon as the raven-haired assassin saw it, she sighed, going forward through the wall of snow. In most cases, she would likely just try to cover the distance as soon as possible. However, currently, it was not an option. Following her instincts would cause her a lot of troubles. It was evident that Ashe would nag if her body would be touched by the snowdrifts. With a quick glance backwards, she proved her speculations. The Valkyries tried to push as much of the white fluff, disregarding their own comfort.

“Fantastically,” Akali uttered silently under her breath. “It is going to be a pleasant day, I am sure of that,” she allowed herself to nag a little.

After some time, they finally managed to get to the outer ring of the capital. Even though the snowdrifts were not paved, the life of the citizens continued. At least a couple of dozens of people were spotted by the assassin throughout their struggle to get there.

“Where’s the entrance to these passages?!” the irritated queen growled. “I’m losing my patience, assassin!” she added in a risen tone.

“We are just a couple steps from one of the entrances,” the Ionian assured the impatient leader of the northern tribes.

“You better be right, for your own good!” the white-haired woman huffed.

For a moment, Akali thought about starring back at the moody woman but opted not to do that, in the end. Without hesitation, she came closer to the snowdrift that was lying under one of the nearby houses.

“What do you want to show me, snowdrifts?! Believe me, we’re having a lot of these, here!” the queen scoffed.

“I am not interested in the snowdrift particularly, but it covered the entrance,” the raven-haired woman stated. “Can I borrow your shield?” she asked one of the shield women.

For a fraction of a second, the Valkyrie was not sure how she should reply. A loud scoff could be heard a moment later. It was followed by the quick, impatient nod of her queen, a direct order for the soldier to give her shield to the assassin. Valkyrie’s member came toward the Ionian with a bit of hesitation and handed her the item, not saying a word. Akali flashed a small smile, nodding as to thank for the borrow. With the solid shield in hand, she did not hesitate. The raven-haired woman pushed forward, starting to pave her way through the white fluff. For the very first couple of moments, it could look funnily. However, as soon as the snow started to be pushed back, the wooden wall’s outline could be spotted. The surface was damaged, chopped down.

“Is it?” Ashe asked.

“Yeah, the entrances were sealed some time ago, but the wood has rotted, making it easy to pass through,” Akali said, reappearing.

“Is it possible that this kind of entrances is under every single building in this city?” the pale queen wanted to know.

“No,” the assassin nodded negatively. “I know about 10 entrances, 11 were mentioned in the documents I have managed to find, but the last one collapsed,” she provided a further explanation.

“They’re surely leading to different passages!” Ashe exclaimed loudly.

“No, the architect made sure that all of them are leading to one and the same exit,” the Ionian replied. “There are pros and cons of that decision, but it does not really matter.”

“Can we collapse them without ruining the city?” the white-haired woman asked another question, the fear could be seen in her eyes.

“I doubt that,” Akali replied. “Still, the entrance, or exit however you want to call that part of the passage is a chokepoint,” she added. “It is possible that even a small group of skilled soldiers would be able to hold off the assault there.”

“It’s stretching my forces even thinner,” Ashe nagged.

“I can guard that chokepoint,” the raven-haired woman stated. “I am used to fighting on small spaces, and you should know by now how skilful fighter I am,” she added with a small smirk.

“Ehhh,” the queen sighed. “I must admit, you’re a formidable fighter. Still, I’m not sure whether you wouldn’t be overwhelmed by the sheer number,” the white-haired woman presented her concern.

“At the same time, I would have to fight only one enemy, there is no place for more of them,” the Ionian said, shrugging. “Or at least, if they do not want to risk additional casualties due to the fall into the abyss,” she added.

“Wait, how does this chokepoint look like?” Freljord’s ruler wanted to know.

“Think of an ice chamber with a slim passage that one person can safely follow. The abyss is on one of your sides while the thick wall of ice is on the other,” the former ninja replied nonchalantly. “It should give you an idea of how that place looks. However, if you want, I can lead you there. Of course, if you want,” she offered.

“I think I heard enough,” Ashe replied a bit too quickly, the fear reigniting inside these orbs of azure.

“I thought you would that,” the assassin allowed herself to chuckle.

It was a loud, rich sound that seemed to be echoing inside the queen’s mind. The laughter sounded so devilishly. Ashe feared it. It would not be an understatement if one said that she got more terrified from that sound than the situation she and her people were currently in.

Chapter 9: One more fucking time

Notes:

Hey, I wanted to share with you the next chapter I'm working on.

As always, I hope you will like it, if not, please let me know in the comments. So, I can improve my writing for the next piece of text :D

PS. I must inform you that my last semester on 2nd degree is speedy coming to its end, so it can result in rare updates. I need to write my diploma work and quite a few other stuff. More than that, the period since the beginning of the year has been hectic, to last the least, in the case of my work as a software developer. Still, I promise to update as frequently as I can.

Anyways, as always, I would like to thank you for everything. I would want to thank you for all kudos, comments, bookmarks, follows, everything to say the easiest way. I'll soon post the rest of the chapter. Hopefully before the weekend. See you next time :D

PS. Sorry, it has taken more than it should. Still, hope you will like it.

Changelog:
2021-04-01: A short preview was posted.
2021-04-03: I have added some paragraphs.
2021-04-08: The full chapter was released.

Schedule for the nearest future:
3. Sometimes it's just better not to know (next chapter)/(possibly rewrite).
4. Exiled you say (next chapter).
5. Kiss the rain (next chapter).
6. Whispers in the Dark (new chapter)/(possibly extending beyond just 2 part story).
7. Story of one lost soul (2 next chapters)/(The war call|The heart not so cold).
8. Prisoner of Your Eyes (next chapter).
9. Black Diamond (2 next chapters)/(possibly finishing the story).
10. The rise of the Blood Moons' servants (2 next chapters).
11. Alone (2 next chapters)/(possibly rewrite).
12. Last Christmas (finishing up the story).
13. My home is where my heart lies (a long, possibly 10k + words chapter).

Chapter Text

The flickering lighting system in the northern hospital wing’s mess hall struggled to fill the room with enough light. Currently, the canteen had all but one occupant. The raven-haired woman was sitting at the smallest possible table at the very back of the spacious room. Based on her attire, she must have been a nurse working there. Akali – cause it was the name of the said woman – was deep in her thoughts. In front of her, on the table, her handwritten notes were put. Two thick notebooks could be spotted there. One of them had the word “anatomy” carved on its cover, while the latter had “physiology”. Akali was exhausted. She had to put a formidable effort for her eyes not to close. At the very front of one of the largest hospital’s halls, the small clock was softly ticking, measuring the passage of time. The item was hanged just above the entrance. On its left, the buffet station could be spotted. The clock’s face showed the 11pm.

“An hour till the next round around the hospital,” the raven-haired woman thought, sparring a quick look at the clock. She allowed herself to sigh. After all, today could not have been described as easy.

The black-jet-haired woman was waiting for someone. That very person had promised to be here, today for her. Yet, as it was to be expected, the person was yet to arrive. With another deep sigh, the nurse returned to her notes. She tried so hard to focus on the revision. Still, her mind seemed to be occupied with other thoughts, preventing her from putting her sole attention toward the neat notes. She knew that it was foolish of her to believe that this particular person would fulfil her promise. Yet, still, once again, she believed.

The notes lying before her needed to be revisited. After all, her final exams were set to take place tomorrow. To some extent, her future depended on her results. If she had passed, the new possibilities of the future would have been opened for her. The future outside the League, outside the Institute, was at her hand’s reach. The only requirement was to pass the exams as best as it would have been possible.

“She is late, again,” the nurse sighed a couple of minutes later. “Maybe… just maybe, her match was prolonged,” she thought. However, she would not put any money on that bet.

Still, the sadness haunted Akali, at least to some extent. She did not expect, wanted much. All she had ever asked for was for that particular person to be here with her when she would need her the most. However, life did not seem to be on her side in that and many other cases. The woman she wanted to see was most likely fighting god-knows-where, not even remembering what she had promised. Yet another sigh was allowed to happen before the raven-haired woman returned to her notes. Her exhausted, bloodshot eyes began inspecting the notebooks’ content  - line after line of neat italic handwriting. The nurse did not know how many times she had done that chore so far. However, the fear still lingered inside her mind. The fear that she would not have passed tomorrow’s finals.

Even though it was already late, there were still chores to be done, to be attended to. At the nearest table to her left, the small desk lamp was shimmering. The nurse brought it here a couple of hours ago. She was well aware that the lighting system in a mess was doubtful, to say the least. Their light used to be described as white. Yet, currently, it was a mixture of something intermediate between white and intense yellow. The raven-haired woman allowed herself to stand up for a couple of moments, just to relax her stagnant muscles. Afterwards, Akali sat down as comfortably as it was possibly on the oak chair. Her usual nurse clothing was so damned uncomfortable. The heat inside the canteen did not help at all.

The upper part of her uniform had been unzipped partially, leaving the woman with a decently sized cleavage. Akali allowed herself to chuckle openly when she realised what she had done. After all, her boobs were notoriously the topic of her drunk friends’ comments. Maybe she did not have breasts as big as some other women fighting inside the Institue, but her size was decent. Not that she found herself unattractive. She was far from such an opinion. The nurse considered herself a beautiful young woman whose one of the deadliest weapons was her beauty. After all, when she had entered the League for the very first time, she had fooled everyone. Almost all had believed that she would not have been dangerous. They all had said that she had been too innocent of posing a threat. Funnily enough, it had taken her only a couple of days to establish herself as one of the deadliest assassins that the League had ever seen.

Akali usually kept her long raven hair clipped into a ponytail. It was the most convenient solution to her, at least if the fight was a conversation topic. However, for today, the woman allowed her hair to be down. The long strands of black as night, delicate hair fell onto her muscular back. One of her dearest friend – Kennen – was known for describing her as a slim/athletic woman, curved in crucial areas. She knew all too well that it was just a mocking, playful comment that aimed to raise others’ jealousy.

The silence ruled all over the canteen. After a while, it became difficult for the raven-haired nurse to cope with that. She needed some sounds to fill the air, to fill the space. And… by that, she did not mean the sound of the flickering lighting system. She managed to endure another minute more, but she got fed up with the silence in the end. Without an ounce of hesitation, she got up and walked straight into the massive wardrobe. Inside of it, there were radios, mp3 players and other similar pieces of technology.

Without overthinking, Akali turned on the nearest radio, setting the frequency for her favourite station. In a matter of moments, the air began filling with the soft, rhythmical sounds of guitars. The nurse allowed herself to smile broadly. It would be fair to say that no one would have predicted that the calculated, calm assassin like her would be attracted toward the heavier sounds. Still, in the very end, it was the truth. Metal/rock music was something that Akali held dear. Slightly encouraged by music, she returned to her notes, once again reviewing them.

The sounds coming from the radio made her felt calm, allowed her to relax. Despite her exhaustion, she kept going. After all, these notes would not be read by themselves. The knowledge written on these pages would not magically make its way inside her head. Listening to the songs that she most likely had heard hundreds of times affected her slightly. She felt nostalgic.

She dedicated herself entirely toward revision. If not for the clock, she would not have noticed that an entire hour already passed. Akali was so focused on her notes that she nearly did not hear the light footsteps coming her way. She heard them only when they came to their end. The slightly alerted nurse lifted her head, looking for the newcomer. Sadly, she did not find anyone. In front of her, the mess’s emptiness could be found, filled with the shimmering lights. It took her a couple of moments to realise that it would be wise to lower her gaze. As soon as she did so, she spotted a little boy. The unexpected newcomer could not have been older than 5. He was wearing the pyjamas in a mixture of blue and green colours. A huge brown teddy bear with enormously large eyes was held by the child by his frail chest. Below the short-cut chestnut hair, lively, little green eyes emerged. He was using his free hand to wipe his face, trying to cast away the sleepness.

“Hey,” Akali immediately warmly said toward the kid while standing up. “What happened? Why are you not sleeping in your bed, hmmm?” she asked, slightly worried about why this child was wandering around the hospital at such a late hour, alone.

“I… I… I…,” the child began mumbling before tears ran down his cheeks and a cry left his throat. “I… I lost… pills that mummy gave me. Mummy… said that… doctor ordered me… to take them,” he added whilst sobbing.

“Hey, do not cry, buddy,” the nurse tried to cheer the child up. “Do you remember how do these pills look like?” she asked. She came closer to the small boy and started to clean his face with pulled out of a pocket-handkerchief.

“I…,” the kid started to stutter again before reaching to his pocket. “Mummy… said that I should take these,” the boy added, handing her the now-empty packet.

“Oh,” Akali frowned for a moment, looking at what the kid gave her. “Do not worry, buddy. I have these inside the nurses’ room. Come with me, and I will give you a new pack,” the raven-haired woman said with a heart-warming smile.

Thankfully, the pills the kid was prescribed could be described as common. There was no need for her to contact the doctor before giving the pack to the kid. Furthermore, this medication was included in the batch she had sorted a couple of hours ago.

“Come with me, buddy,” the raven-haired nurse repeated herself.

The brown-haired boy hesitated for a moment before reaching out for Akali’s hand. The nurse encouraged him to do so with a broad smile. Akali noticed that the kid’s skin was a bit too cold for her liking. He must have caught a cold during his stay in the hospital. The nurse allowed herself to think for a moment or two more before heading toward the mess’s exit.

The nurses’ room – she had mentioned before – was located a couple of levels below them. Usually, if she were to walk beside the kid, she would opt to use the elevator. However, currently, it was not an option she could take. Most if not all of the hospital’s lifts were old. Even though the technicians had inspected them according to the manufacturer’s recommendations, it did not prevent the mechanism noise’s constant increment. The noise would be potentially more than enough to wake up the children staying in the hospital. As far as she could remember from today’s meeting, there were quite a few kids here.

Sadly, as she expected, the kid had strengths only for a couple more minutes. As soon as he could no longer muster any strengths more, he started sobbing again, stopping walking. Nearly instantly, Akali started to pity the boy. Without much thinking, she picked him up effortlessly. She held the kid close to her chest. After a moment or so, she pressed forward, feeling the soft, regular beating of the child’s heart. Even though it was evident that the kid had seen her for the very first time, he trusted her endlessly. It could be proven by the fact that the boy started falling asleep whilst being carried by the strong nurse whilst listening to the steady rhythm of her steps.

It was just a matter of time before they reached their destination. Reaching the nurses’ office took them a little more than a couple of minutes. The raven-haired woman woke up the kid with a light shake. She waited for the child to fully regain his conciseness before giving him a pill to swallow and hiding a pack inside his pocket. The expression that appeared all over his tiny face was priceless. For such moments, the young woman was willing to endure the difficulties of the usual day. That expression of emotions was enough of reward for Akali. She was happy that once again, she helped someone. The raven-haired woman decided to give her little patient one more pill. The medication would help the child to fall asleep.

Truth be told, she barely managed to ask what room he had been put into before the boy fell asleep. With little to no effort, she picked up the kid once again, carrying him inside her defined, strong arms. Without anything better and more important to do, she headed toward the kid’s room. The boy’s weight could not be taken into consideration in her case. With a light, swift movement, she pulled him closer before exiting the office.

The walk to the mentioned room did not take long. To be perfectly frank, only several minutes passed since she had left the nurses’ office. In front of her, there was a hall 623. The leading door was of clean green colour. In compartment to the others, it was relatively new. Without much hesitation, the nurse opened the door and came in. Inside, there were 4 beds. In three of them, the children could be spotted. Akali could not identify their gender since each of them decided to hide under the duvet. The most memorable comforter she spotted was embroidered with aeroplanes. With a broad smile, the raven-haired woman pressed forward. A moment later, she reached the kid’s bed. With as much care as she could muster, she lay down the child, then wrap the duvet around his tiny frame. The material was covered in green and blue stripes.

Whilst looking at the asleep frame of the boy, she realised something. Whilst looking at the child’s calm face, she felt the same pain, the same worry as earlier. It was not a pain in a physical meaning, yet she could feel as if her heart was bleeding right now. Where was her so-called “partner” currently? Where was she doing instead of being here with her now? The nurse needed her to talk to, be right beside her, and loosen the stress built inside her. She was not there for her, which made Akali sad. Time after time, the raven-haired woman had been being disappointed by the actions of her so-called “partner”. And… yet, it had been evident that another chance would have been given. It was truly ridiculous if seen outside of the box. There was no reason for Akali to continue pressing forward, trying to salvage this relationship, putting her best effort for it to succeed.

Whilst looking at the sleeping boy, she found an answer, she realised the evident truth. She had been in love with her so-called “partner” for such a long time. And… yet, she had failed to recognise, to name the feeling properly. She sought to have her by her side. She wanted to be a special one for that particular woman. Her fantasies had gone as far as to picture them both raising up the kid. Even though they could not naturally have offspring, it would not have bothered her. After all, many children had been abandoned. For one of them, they could have been its parents, its family, its world. Unwittingly, her eyes began turning glassy. The tears stored for such a long time wanted to roll out finally. Not knowing that she had been observed, she leaned in, planting a kiss on top of the kid’s forehead. For a few quick moments, she allowed herself to stare into the soundly sleeping boy. The longer she stayed here, the worse she was feeling. She needed to go. She needed to return to her chores. With a bit of hesitation, she exited the room, starting her round around the endless, empty hospital’s halls.

As Akali had initially expected, the round around the hospital had taken her nearly an entire hour. So, when the nurse returned to the mess, she was not surprised to spot someone already residing there. On the oak chair, she had sat earlier, the young woman of beautiful facial features was seated. The long, straight hair of blood colour was her trademark. As always, she allowed them to fall in cascades onto her back.

“Hey Kat,” Akali greeted in an exhausted tone, emotionlessly. “You are as always late,” she pointed out, closing in.

“Ohh,” the red-haired woman gasped, trying to fake offended. “Wouldn’t you even greet me properly?” she asked with undisguised flirtation in her rich voice.

“No,” the nurse replied simply. “I no longer believe that it has any sense at all,” she added emotionlessly.

It took a couple of moments for the redhead to decrypt the true meaning of the nurse’s words.

“Why?” she asked immediately after the realisation.

“Should you not ask about that yourself?” Akali responded with a question of her own. “I will make it easier for you this time. I can not rely on you,” the raven-haired woman uttered, looking straight at her eyes. “Do tell me, when was the last time you have arrived punctually on our date? When was the last time when I would not have to wait for you, worry?” she asked additional questions.

“Never?” Katarina tried to change the mood of the conversation.

“Precisely,” the raven-haired nurse responded coldly. “You have never been on time. I came to the sad realisation that I am some sort of a toy or doll for you. I am a beautiful toy that, as for now, you are still playing with. However, it is not for me to foresee for how long will this state remain. I do feel that such a moment will come sooner or later. You will get bored toying with me, discarding into the dark corner, abandoning me,” she added with undisguised bitterness in her voice.

In the meantime, one of the most well-known Motorhead’s songs began. The melody of the song was light, subtle, clean, yet filled with emotions. “One more fucking time” slowly started to slowly fill the mess with every single passing moment.

“You’re no toy for me,” the shocked redhead uttered slowly, standing up, trying to come closer.

“Pfff,” Akali allowed herself to scoff, to express her belief of what was just said. “How? Can you prove that to me? Where were you tonight when I needed your company before the finals tomorrow?” the nurse said with a more and more hoarse voice. Her eyes became glassy again.

“I was in the Institute. I had a couple of extra matches to participate,” Katarina replied, lowering her gaze slightly.


```

And I will plead no contest

If loving you’s a crime

So go on and find me guilty

Just one more fucking time

```


The raven-haired woman sang with tears running down her cheeks. They were running in two long lines, disfiguring the bright, noble woman’s face. The last thing Akali currently had in mind was the worry for the ruined makeup.

“That’s it. Just give me one final damn chance,” the redhead made a comment. “Akali, please.”

“Ehhh,” the nurse sighed heavily whilst backing off. “You will get it even though I know you do not deserve it. Do you have any clue why? Because I love you. I have been in love with you for such a long time, yet I could not muster the courage to say it up loud. I only realised that very recently when I was looking at my little patient. I love you, Katarina. You… the person who would have killed me without blinking an eye only a couple of months ago. You would have killed me without regrets, without an ounce of mind. I love the woman who is a bloodhungry assassin. For whom the feelings do not matter. Even after all of these, I still love you. Maybe… I am just stupid, unwise, a madman - it does not matter. I can not express it any other way - Goodnight,” the raven-haired woman summed up with a breaking down voice.

Without thinking, without an ounce of hesitation, Akali grabbed her notes, leaving whilst still quietly sobbing.

The events that unfolded hit the red-haired woman a couple of moments after the departure of the nurse. The silence began soaking her, wrapping itself around her. The silence was being broken by the soft guitar solo, which was concluding the song.

Suddenly, something that probably no one would have expected happened. The bloodhungry assassin of Noxus sat heavily on the chair, crying. She was weeping bitterly cause she knew she had hurt someone extraordinary, special for her.

“I need to fix it. I need to make things right,” Katarina whispered before the blessed emptiness sucked her entirely. Still, the pain remained.

The very next day arose sooner than Akali wanted it to. Even though her body and mind were still exhausted, at their last end, she forced herself to proceed with her plan. The raven-haired woman reached her destination more than half an hour before the first exam was set to take place.

If someone had looked at her, she would have been described as cool, calm, collected. Yet, what was happening inside of her could not have been more different. Appearing as calmly as she could possibly, she crossed the awe-inspiring entrance to the academy. It was prepared as a tunnel. On its walls, the figures of men, animals or floral had been carved into solid stone. Each of these carves was made with precision and dedication, the masterclass.

After a couple of hundreds of meters, the crossroad was located. Each of the outgoing branches had a floor made out of white as snow marble. In some places, the endless blackness of the obsidian could be spotted.

In the middle of the corridor leading to the exam’s hall, she met her best friends. Shen and Kennen were both wearing elegant black suits. The nurse somehow managed to muffle the laughter after spotting the tiny yordel in the suit. He truly looked ridiculously.

It was only a matter of a few short moments before they spotted her. In front of them, the Kinyoku’s heiress was walking. The soon-to-be doctor, miss perfection. Akali was clothed in a pristine white shirt. Over it, she had a black blazer. The long skirt in the colour of the night was reaching her calves. Underneath it, the dark tights could be seen from time to time. Even though the raven-haired woman was not a fan of heels, she opted for them. At least 3-inches high stiletto in the colour of onyx was a really rare sight to behold in Akali’s case. The soon-to-be doctor had her hair tied up in a long braid reaching her buttocks. In her right hand, the woman held a small briefcase filled with paper, pens.

“Woah,” Kennen greeted Akali with a loud gasp. “You look phenomenally. I bet someone’s about to score the top today,” the tiny yordel allowed himself to joke.

“Sure, it is the goal after all,” the raven-haired woman replied cooly.

“Give her a break, Kennen,” Shen ordered. “She is already under a lot of stress,” he pointed out. “Still, I agree with our brother. You will pass these exams with ease. Just do not overthink things. It is all that you need to know,” the man added, flashing a small smile.

“We’re here to cheer for you, kiddo,” yordel said. “We believe that you’re more than ready for these finals. Anyways, we’d want to wish you luck!”

In the very next moment, he extended his right hand. Shen put his own on top of it nearly immediately. He did not need to utter a single word. A moment or so took Akali to realise what was unfolding. She was so stupid. After all, it was their way to start each mission. It was their ritual. It could be described as a silent promise that they would return no matter what difficulties they would find alongside their tasks. Her eyes became glassy in a matter of a fraction of a second. Knowing all too well that she could not allow them to roll out, she wiped her eyes instantly. There was no time for her to reapply makeup.

As soon as she dealt with that minor problem, her hand rested on top of theirs. When they had been assigned to be a team, this ritual had been born. It had taken place many years ago, yet the bond that had connected them still remained. It was built on top of friendship, the brotherhood that could not be destroyed, contaminated.

“You’re going to be the best. As always, if I might add. Remember, we believe in you, Kali,” Kennen uttered his last words before the  Kinyoku’s heiress entered the hall.

Taking all of her finals took her more than a couple of hours. To call her exhausted would have been a massive understatement. All Akali wanted to do was to take a quick shower and go to bed. Sadly, firstly she needed to reach her small yet luxurious apartment.

Getting there took her more than she anticipated. However, when the lock clicked, announcing the unlocking, she sighed. It was just a matter of moments before she could get some rest. Unfortunately, something was off. She senses it as soon as she opened the door. Someone was inside her apartment. She was pretty sure about that.

Carefully, quietly the shoes were taken off. The blazer was the next to go. The 3 top buttons of the shirt were undone, sleeves pulled up. Inside the locker on her right, one of many pairs of kamas was hidden. Across the entirety of her apartment, there were lockers just like that. She had placed them there for the comfort of her mind. At any given moment of day or night, she knew she would have the weapone next to her in any situation. Without an ounce of hesitation, she grabbed her trusted blades and proceeded, delving deeper into her home.

She was moving with a grate of a cat. It would be a difficult task for anyone to hear her steps. After all, she had been forced to train that particular skill since she was little. Within a couple of minutes, she reached the living room. This particular room was usually lightened by a huge lamp hanging high near the ceiling. However, today it was not the case. The light was coming from many sources that Akali identified as multi-coloured scented candles scattered across the entirety of the room. On the comfortable couch upholstered in white leather, the red-haired woman was sitting - a glass of red wine visible in her hand.

“Oh, you’re finally here,” Katarina greeted the nurse with a broad smile. “I assume you’ve passed the finals – congratulations,” she added immediately. “I’ve thought that we could celebrate it somehow,” the woman pointed out at the bottle of expensive, semi-sweet red wine standing on the table.

“I do not drink alcohol,” Akali replied. “You know that. However, we can talk if you want,” she offered.

“I didn’t know that you’re not drinking,” the redhead admitted, lowering her head slightly.

“Ahh,” the soon-to-be doctor uttered with bitterness. “I must have forgotten that you do not know anything about, or rather close to nothing.”

“But, we can still make up for it,” Noxian assassin quickly responded.

“How? Why?” the nurse asked, fixing her gaze on Katarina.

“Yesterday, you said that you love me,” the red-haired woman started. “I’ve been thinking about that. I care dearly for you. I’d want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you, Kali,” she added.

“Kat,” the raven-haired woman called for the attention. “We both know that you are unable to love anyone, anything. The fighting is the closest thing that I can think about that you truly love. In me, you see the independence, the challenge. It is what you liked, what you seek. However, what you truly desire in me is my body. If you want it so badly, come and take it. Even though it will be difficult, sad for me, I will not stop you. But, please, do not lie to me. Do not dare to say that what you feel toward me is anything but lust, desire,” she expressed her feelings.

As if to prove her words, she basically ripped her shit off. Akali was left in a simple lace bra in a colour of grey. The piece of clothing emphasised the roundness of her decently-sized breasts. Unintentionally, the red-haired woman exhaled heavily, then gasped.

“Pff,” the raven-haired woman scoffed. “As I said, it is just lust,” she pointed out sadly. “If you still desire this body, come, I will give you everything that it can endure. Still, remember I will not be here. I will seal myself in the castle of my mind whilst you satisfy your carnal desires,” Akali explained emotionlessly. As if she came to an agreement with her fate.

“So teach me how to love!” Katarina exclaimed loudly. “Teach me how to love you properly. Teach because all I want is you,” she added in a whisper-like manner.

Without hesitation, the redhead jumped off the couch, vanishing the gap between them in a matter of moments. Without thinking, she pulled Akali closer, leaned in, capturing the full, kissable lips of the heiress.

“Teach me that even if it required the rest of my pitiful life,” Katarina whispered.

The raven-haired nurse lowered her head slightly. A couple of prolonged moments were spent analysing the redhead’s face. Finally, she decided to lean in, hovering just above Katarina’s ear.

“As you wish, kitten,” she whispered right into the ear of the red-haired woman.

The world around Noxian assassin started to spin out of a sudden. Akali descended onto Katarina’s lips in a heartbeat, conquering them with ease. The explosion of new raw sensations, emotions was overwhelming.

It could be said that for Katarina, the world ceased to exist when Akali was kissing her. For her, the only meaningful aspect was the raven-haired woman. The woman Noxian would fight for - the woman who was worth fighting for.

The heiress seemed to be a light in the shadows. So welcoming, yet so dangerous.

Chapter 10: The war call (part 4)

Notes:

Hey, I'd love to present a shortish preview of the very next chapter of the story. I've decided to proceed with 'the war call' story. However, it's not yet decided whether the second chapter I've promised recently would be the same short story or the other one. I guess you'll have to wait and see it yourself :)

I hope you'll end up liking the chapter, if not, please do tell me what's wrong. After all, it's the only real way for me to get better and provide you with better texts in the future.

It's possible that the chapter will be released as full till the end of the current week. However, I'd not like to promise anything now.

Update (2021.05.20): Sorry for not updating. Let me start with that. The last week or so... was a true grind for me. For at least 10 - 16hrs a day I was coding, which left me with no time for writing. I would like to apologise for that. I'm adding a bit of text that I've managed to write today; with a bit of luck, I will finish the chapter by the end of the week.

Update (2021.05.21): I've managed to finish the chapter. I hope you'll end up liking it. Still, I have one question for you - my readers. Would you like me to finish this short story and then move the scenery to another full-time story, or should I just end the short story and abandon the idea? I would love to hear what you're thinking about this.

Changelog:
[2021-05-12]: A preview was released.
[2021-05-20]: Some text was added (around 800 words).
[2021-05-21]: The finished version of the chapter was released.

Schedule for the nearest future:
7. Story of one lost soul (next chapter)/(The war call|The heart not so cold).
8. Prisoner of Your Eyes (next chapter).
9. Black Diamond (2 next chapters)/(possibly finishing the story).
10. The rise of the Blood Moons' servants (2 next chapters).
11. Alone (2 next chapters)/(possibly rewrite).
12. Last Christmas (finishing up the story).
13. My home is where my heart lies (a long, possibly 10k + words chapter).

Bonuses' section:
Sometimes it's just better not to know (possibly rewrite).
Kiss the rain (more than likely rewrite).
Whispers in the Dark (extending beyond 2 chapters story).
Story of one lost soul (translation of 2 of my old texts - previously written in polish).
Story of one lost soul: The war call: rewrite.

*bonuses will be worked on when I don't feel like writing the chapters pointed out in the schedule :D

Chapter Text

The dusk had come before their ‘conversation’ even reached its peak moment. The Druchii wanted to discuss various subjects, especially the ones she found intriguing, interesting. Even though Evelynn had no intention of killing the Asur, she had still put ropes in use, tieing her up. After all, part of her nature as Dark Elf was being suspicious of everything, seeking betrayal everywhere. And… if her life had taught her anything, it would have been the need of being cautious all the damned time.

The witch allowed herself to trace the wounds that only recently had sealed up. Her fingers were gently caressing her exposed skin. A small smirk appeared on her lips; she was satisfied with the healing process and the first aid landed by the Asur. The black-haired woman allowed herself to remain in such a state for a few moments longer before focusing on tied up Akali.

“Do remind me… what would I gain if I let you live?” Evelynn asked softly. “I assume you’re pretty well aware of the consequences of me betraying my kin? Dark Elves aren’t fond of traitors as you might have heard,” she asked another question, putting enough emphasis into every single word.

“You’re no longer one of them… their actions already have proven that,” the white-haired woman replied, picking her wording carefully. “Of course, you could try to return home, yet… it’d be highly likely that someone wouldn’t be fond of such events’ turns. I believe… you’d be marked as a target for some assassin,” Akali spoke her mind. “Annerith, the woman you’ve mentioned before, she’s already sent ‘shades’ after you. I do believe that she’d not welcome you with her arms wide open. Or… she could do that only to backstab you in the very next moment.”

“Hmmm… as for the Asur, your reasoning isn’t half bad,” the black-haired witch admitted quietly. “You’ve described the potential situation pretty decently, yet… you’ve omitted the more unpleasant details related to it. Still, I’m impressed. So… what options would High Elves present to me, then?” she asked with a mischievous smile.

“It’s difficult to say,” the Asur sighed heavily. “I’m not a higher-rank within our society, yet I believe… we’re more than capable of having a conversation. We… as High Elves, don’t try to miss opportunities, and you… you can present us with such,” she added, staring straight into the Dark Elf woman.

“Or… you kin can kill me on sight,” the Druchii giggled. “Why would I risk my life?”

“They’ll not kill you on sight… that much I can promise to you,” Akali uttered confidently. “I’m a member of ‘Shadow Warriors’ if I came to the conclusion that you’re to be trusted, they’ll allow you to live. You can start a new life with us, amongst High Elves,” the white-haired woman tried to convince the Druchii.

“What paths would be open for me if I chose to follow you?”

“I believe that it’s up to you to choose your future,” Akali replied after a couple of moments of prolonged pause. “Of course… I don’t think that every path will be opened for you from the very start. However, you’ll be able to climb the ladder, to pursue your path.”

“Fine,” Evelynn responded. “I’ll give it a try. I’ll come back with you, and… I’ll reveal everything I know,” the witch informed the Asur. “However, if something went wrong, I’d die, wouldn’t I?” she asked.

“If you decided to follow me, you’d become my responsibility,” the snowy-white-haired ranger uttered confidently. “From that moment on, I’m bound to you; I’ll not allow you to be hurt. If… something went wrong, I’d be the one to pay the price.”

“It’s rather unexpected from you,” Evelynn scoffed. “I can hardly believe that someone would put its life at stake for someone else. Or… at least Druchii wouldn’t do that.”

“I’m not Druchii; we’re not Druchii; we’re High Elves. For us, honour means a lot. You can freely not believing me; it’s fine. I was taught that my intentions should be shown by actions, not words,” the ‘shadow warrior’ whispered.

“Quite a speech, I must admit,” the witch mocked. “I believe that there’s no other way for me to verify your truthfulness other than trying. So… as I’ve said before, I’ll follow you; that decision’s already sealed.”

“Thank you,” Akali replied. “Could you untie me now?” she asked.

“It can be handy,” the Dark Elf woman chuckled. “At least I’d not have to drag you all the way.”

“Funnily, truly,” the Asur sighed heavily as a sort of response.

Even though night had already started its regime, they pressed on. There was no time for them to waste.

Thankfully, tonight the moonlight was illuminating the surroundings good enough for them to walk safely. Or… was it really a case? A walk through a forest is more or less a burden during the nighttime. That instance was nothing less than that.

“Are you sure that you’ve dealt with every ‘shade’ sent after you?” Akali asked in a whisper-like manner whilst constantly scanning the area. “Even during the daytime, there’re many suitable places for an ambush here. This… doesn’t get better whence the Sun goes down.”

“Your question is rhetorical,” Evelynn replied with a hum. “Who’s to say how many of my blood-thirsty brothers and sister have been sent after me. The ones I’ve managed to spot are currently dead, but I can’t say with certainty that these were all of them,” the Druchii added calmly.

“I really hoped that you’d say otherwise,” the High Elf sighed. “I think we’re being watched,” she whispered, coming closer to the witch elf.

“Oh… but, of course,” the black-haired woman exclaimed. “If I’m not mistaken, there’re at least 5 of them there. Maybe… these are you brethren. However, I’d no put much faith into it. I can’t smell them; about that, I’m pretty much positive.”

“What’s the plan then?” the shadow warrior asked.

“Run,” Evelynn uttered with a mischievous smirk. “If these are of my kin, they’ll not pass the opportunity for a hunt. Their confidence will be their undoing.”

Without wasting a moment, the Druchii grabbed Akali’s forearm, forcing her to follow. It could not be described as a pleasant sensation; it was far from that. The claw-like fingernails of the Dark Elf pierced through the thin layer of fabric, sinking into the flesh.

Still, she put aside the discomfort and followed without uttering a single word. As if some kind of spell faded away, the hunters run after them. Based on the sounds, Evelynn was right; there were 5 of them. At least one crossbow’s bolt pierced through the night with incredible speed. The projectile aimed at their backs missed its target more than slightly, piercing the nearest tree bark, sinking deep. The white-haired woman allowed herself to turn around her head, trying to see their oppressors. Nearly immediately, the witch elf pulled her to the side, forcing her to abandon her previous intention.

“What are you doing?!” Evelynn hissed. “Are you trying to kill us?”

“No…”

Akali’s response was abruptly interrupted by the sound of bolts closing by. Most of them missed finding their final destination in the grass or tree bark. Yet, some found their mark. One of the steel bolts scratched the snowy-white-haired woman’s arm. Thankfully, it was only a scratch. A couple of others were deflected because of her armour.

“We got hit?” the Druchii asked.

“Only one bolt managed to barely scratch my skin,” the Asur informed. “I don’t think they’re using any kind of poison.”

“No… they’re not using any. They want a challenge, and it’d carve out all of ‘fun’ from it.”

“Does your plan only include running away?” the shadow warrior asked.

“I don’t believe they’ll give us an opening, at least not for free,” Evelynn scoffed. “Till I find one, we’re left with running.”

“I might have a bit better, yet risking strategy,” the Hight Elf uttered. “The grove to our left is surrounded far tightly with trees. We can run there, forcing them to come to us. Once… we’re there, one of us could sneak out, preparing something nasty for your brethren,” she briefly explained her idea.

“The trees are thick enough to give us temporary cover,” the Dark Elf hummed under her breath. “It… gives us a chance; that much I must admit. Are you carrying that bow to intimidate only?” she asked.

“No! I’m quite a good archer,” Akali huffed slightly.

“Let’s proceed with your suggestion then,” Evelynn decided, leading the ‘shadow warrior’ toward the grove.

Getting to the grove was easier said than done. Even though the said area offered a decent cover, the slim passage before it was not. For at least a couple of dozens of meters, they would have to run without any cover, vulnerable to the ‘shades’ attacks. The swish of the bolts accompanied them constantly. Every single one of them could mean the end of their lives; still, they could do nothing more than to search for the cover. After such a step would have been achieved, they could have a chance to fight their oppressors on slightly more favourable ground.

“Arghh,” Akali groaned when the bolt pierced through her side.

“Run faster, run faster, you fool!” Evelynn shouted, trying to carry her to the grove.

The snowy-white-haired woman quickly began to feel a metallic aftertaste inside her mouth. Every movement was causing a burning sensation. The bolt remained, buried deep inside her flesh.

With her teeth gritted so hard that pain started to be felt, she managed to reach up the cover of the gove. The High Elf slightly glassy eyes were immediately fixed upon the steel bolt hanging out of her side. It would be safe to save that her exhaustion resulted from her wound, not the whole runaway strategy. A deep breath was taken before she reached out toward the bleeding spot.

“What the hell are you doing?” the Dark Elf growled, looking straight at the Asur.

“I need the projectile removed from my body,” Akali whispered. A grimace that appeared on her face showed that another wave of pain washed over her. “I’ll be of no use if that thing isn’t removed,” she added, gritting her teeth.

“You’ll end up bleeding even more; I hope you’re aware of that,” the Druchii uttered quietly.

“I’ve taken it into account,” the white-haired woman groaned. A thin trail of blood escaped her mouth, running down her chin. “Just help me remove it, please. I’ll make them pay for getting to the grove.”

“Fine,” Evelynn simply replied with a concerned grimace all over her beautiful face.

Without wasting a single moment more, the Druchii reached out for the bolt. Her slim yet strong fingers tightened right beneath the bolt head, keeping it in a firm grasp. A couple of quiet words had been uttered under the nose, their meaning unknown to Akali. A quickly fading burst of light could be spotted between the witch elf’s fingers. However, as soon as it appeared, it faded away, leaving behind only a smell of melted steel. The bolt head was discarded carefree to the side, abandoned between high grass.

“Take a deep and then grit your teeth,” Evelynn informed in a whisper-like manner. “It’ll hurt a lot.”

Akali only managed to nod before the Dark Elf started to pull the steel object out of Asur’s body. It hurt a lot, just like Evelynn predicted. A couple of prolonged moments later, the bolt shared the same fate as its head. The white-haired woman was loudly gasping, groaning, yet she was slowly standing up.

“I’m going to make these ‘shades’ pay,” she uttered whilst preparing her bow.

“What do you want me to do?” Eve asked.

“Hide behind the trees; they’re approaching,” Akali said plainly.

The Drutchii could easily see how much pain a simple action like releasing a single arrow was causing. As it was to be expected, fresh blood continued to pour out of the wound, quickly panting the Asur’s armour red. The swish of Akali’s arrow seemed a bit relaxing, steady.

For every arrow the white-haired woman released, 5 or more steel bolts sunk into the thick trees – they were using as cover. The whole situation could be compared to some sort of conversation, a deadly one indeed. A conversation where the arguments were being thrown in the shape of deadly projectiles. Evelynn followed Akali’s order, hiding behind the thickest tree she could find. She felt useless, at least to some extent. She did not carry any ranged weapon, so all she could do was to put her trust in the High Elf woman.

“Argh,” Akali groaned a couple of moments later. “They have a backup; at least 20 ‘dreadspears’ are coming our way,” she informed the witch elf.

“Have you killed any of them?” the black-haired woman allowed herself to ask.

“One killed, 2 more are wounded,” the Asur responded, a hint of pride could be heard in her voice.

“Don’t let this minor accomplishment get to your head!” the Druchii scolded the High Elf woman. “We’re far from getting out from this skirmish alive.”

“You know… complaining won’t change our current situation,” Akali huffed, returning to her previous occupation. “Prepare yourself; they’re closer than you’d like to think.”

Without uttering a single word as a reply, the Druchii tightened her grip onto the long daggers handles. She was slightly sweating, unsure of what the very next moment could bring. Evelynn allowed herself to close the eyes, trying to calm herself. Immediately, her hearing sense overtook the others. She could hear the grass being stomped by heavily armoured infantry, the metallic sound when iron plates rub against one another. Once a few seconds, the swish of the released arrow could be heard, followed by the clicking sound of the crossbow mechanism. Aside from these, there was emptiness, silence as if nature decided to separate itself from this ironically meaningless conflict. Soon enough, a short curse could be heard from the Asur.

“I’m out of the arrows,” the white-haired woman informed. “Brace yourself; they’re coming.”

“How many?” the Dark Elf asked calmly.

“All ‘shades’ are dead, 2 or 3 of ‘dreadspears’ shared the same fate, 2 more mildly wounded,” Akali reported whilst drawing her long blade. “Stay vigilant; I feel they’re toying with us.”

Within the next 2 or so moments, the stampede of her kins’ chargé became cacophonic. They must be so confident, so assured about their soon victory. How fitting end would it be for the Druchii to die because of overconfidence? The time for wait had been depleted; it was high time for some bloody action.

The witch elf did not have to wait too long for an opportunity to spill blood. A mere moment after she got up, the first of many ‘dreadspears’ entered the grove. The dark-iron scally armour was slightly glittering; these Druchii had been recently stationing on a ship. A deep inhale only proven her assumption; the heavy aroma of the sea was wrapped around them.

The raven-haired woman did not give her opponent the slightest chance to react. Even though she was the Druchii, she could not hide her disgust toward her kin. All of them were sadistic, power-hungry madmen who would do anything to reach their goal. She did not fight back her disgust, allowing it to form a grimace on her beautiful face; then, she hewed her trusted daggers into the poor bastard. Despite heavy armour protecting his frame, the Dark Elf felt the witch elf’s stings. The first of them carved a broad mark on top of the scally chest piece; the second pierced through weakened steel, burying deep into the man’s flesh, quickly ending his life. With pleasure, Evelynn was spectating the final moments of the ‘dreadspear’, watching the flame in his eyes vanishing forever.

If the situation had allowed it, Evelynn would have made that ‘dreadspear’ suffer for far longer. Unfortunately, she did not have time to do so. Before the first of the spearmen could even fall into the ground, 2 more took his place. It was getting interesting; Eve flashed out a smirk, challenging her kind before rushing toward them.

A mere couple of steps away from her, the white-haired Asur was fighting as well. If one were to compare these two fighting styles, the comparison would be easy to describe. The witch elf was rushing forward, allowing her frenzy, blood-thirst to show off. The raven-haired woman fought with finesse, moving quickly and dealing dozens of wounds; she was like a blur. The Asur was as successful if not more in dealing death blows, yet her attitude was stoic. Every single hew of her long blade was precise, calculated, aimed not to wound but kill. The High Elf woman seemed to be an unmoveable object, a cliff stopping the endless wave from sinking the land.

Sadly, their effort seemed to be more and more futile; the place of every slain ‘dreadspear’ was being taken by 2 more. Soon enough, the fatigue began its manifestation, slowing down the women steadily. It would be just a matter of time before fate would ask for their lives.

Akali was the first one to realise that. Without hesitation, she began pushing toward the witch elf, wasting no effort in killing the Druchii along the way. Her strikes became slightly nonchalant, sloppy; yet, she reached the destination in a reasonable time. However, such an attitude costed her dearly. Whilst progressing through the wall of ‘dreadspears’, she unintentionally allowed a couple of strikes to reach her. If she managed to get away from this battle alive, she would have to thank the armoursmith that had crafted her armour. Even though she sustained more than a dozen of direct hits, the scally vest endured, saving her life more than once. Still, with every single blow, it slowly began shattering.

“Run! Run Evelynn!” the white-haired Asur shouted whilst severing the arm of yet another Dark Elf. “Run, I’ll buy you as much time as possible!” she continued shouting.

“Don’t be a fool!” Evelynn scoffed, not backing off a single step. “If you die, I’m dead as well, so it doesn’t change a thing!”

Akali knew that the witch elf was right, yet it did not change a thing. Though they were still fighting side by side, the High Elf was constantly trying to push the raven-haired beauty out of the grove. She was trying to get her out of this bloody hole. Unfortunately, her efforts were fruitless; the Druchii was not a person to back off; she was trying to push forward, remaining the blur of motions.

“Did you hear that?” Akali asked out of a sudden.

“Heard what?!” the witch elf grunted, followed by a loud curse.

“We’re saved!” the Asur exclaimed. “The ‘seaguard’ is here.”

Indeed, they were saved. Just a moment later, wave after wave of the black-feathered arrows began crippling the Druchii forces. After the rain of arrows, the heavily armed members of the ‘seaguard’ began their assault, ramming the opponents with their enormous shields.

“Stay behind me!” Akali ordered Evelynn. “I’ll be the one doing the talking.”

Before the raven-haired woman could react, the skirmish was over. The already severely weakened Druchii host was crushed under the unyielding assault of Asur.

“Who’s the one behind your back, shadow warrior?” one of the ‘seaguards’ asked, focusing on Evelynn pressed against Akali’s back.

“Call your officer; I don’t want to explain the situation more than once,” the white-haired High Elf responded with confidence.

“As you wish,” the tall member of ‘seaguard’ replied, nodding toward one of his comrades. “He’ll be here in a few,” he calmly informed them.

Chapter 11: The heart not so cold (part 3)

Notes:

2021-05-23: Hey, I would like to present a short preview of the 'heart not so cold' story. It is only a couple of hundreds of words; however, I feel like it will show you my idea for that chapter.
2021-05-27: The writing process is going slower than expected. I have only managed to find time to write today; still, I expect the story to be finished by the end of the week. Sorry for delays.
2021-05-30: Hey, the chapter is ready. Let me know what do you think about it.
2021-05-30: I needed to make some adjustments. It seems I was more exhausted than I anticipated, making some mistakes, sorry for that.

I hope you will end up liking it, if not, please do tell me what went wrong.

As always, I would like to thank you for everything you have done so far. If you have not been there, I would have not continued posting. Thanks for everything, again. And... see you soon :)

Changelog:
[2021-05-23]: A preview was released.
[2021-05-27]: Added some text (around 1000 words).
[2021-05-30]: The chapter was released as a whole.
[2021-05-30]: Small adjustments were made.

Schedule for the nearest future:
1. My home is where my heart lies (a long, possibly 10k + words chapter).
2. Prisoner of Your Eyes (next chapter).
3. Black Diamond (2 next chapters)/(possibly finishing the story).
4. The rise of the Blood Moons' servants (2 next chapters).
5. Alone (2 next chapters)/(possibly rewrite).
6. Last Christmas (finishing up the story).
7. My home is where my heart lies (a long, possibly 10k + words chapter).

Bonuses' section:
Sometimes it's just better not to know (possibly rewrite).
Kiss the rain (more than likely rewrite).
Whispers in the Dark (extending beyond 2 chapters story).
Story of one lost soul (translation of 2 of my old texts - previously written in polish).
Story of one lost soul: The war call: rewrite.

*bonuses will be worked on when I don't feel like writing the chapters pointed out in the schedule :D

** It is possible for me to change the schedule a little. Stay tuned for the upcoming information.

Chapter Text

2 days had passed in what had seemed a blink of an eye. With every passing day, the weather was only getting worse and worse; the snowstorms had been lasting longer and longer, nearly filling the majority of a day. As it was to be expected, the temperature was also going down, starting to affect even the natives. The dark tide was fast approaching in the form of Noxian invaders. Their vast hosts were spotted only a day away from Ashe’s final stronghold. The chances of survival were slim and very unlikely.

For Freljord’s queen, the time seemed to be fluid, passing way quicker than she could notice. Nearly the entirety of her days was being spent in the map room, bent above the map, trying to come up with any kind of reasonable defensive strategy. The saddest part of that process was the lack of considerable forces to be thrown into battle.

“Tell me that you’ve come up with some plan!” the white-haired queen growled at Akali as she came into the map room. “You left this room a couple of hours ago; I’m starting to think that you’re not here to help but distract me!”

“What would I gain from that?” the raven-haired ninja asked, unaffected.

“Maybe, you should tell me that!” the queen uttered loudly, allowing her frustration to manifest. “Or… maybe you just bedded Kara; I’ve seen the way she was looking at you, giggling, flirting!”

“Would you like me to return the flirts of one of your Valkyries?” Akali asked, annoyingly emotionlessly. “Would it please you, my queen?”

“Gods forbid! No, I don’t want you to befriend my guards!” the white-haired woman thundered. “I need your knowledge to prepare for the assault.”

“I am at your disposal, my queen,” the assassin responded confidently. “I have just thought that I could train your remaining forces in the meantime; I have come to the realisation that you do need some time alone, unbothered by my presence. Apparently, my deduction was wrong; I am sorry, my queen,” the raven-haired woman uttered, performing a deep bow.

“It’s an utter waste of time,” Ashe concluded Akali’s speech, sighing heavily. “Come here; we have many matters to discuss, and the time… is short,” the queen added, trying to calm down. She knew all too well that her outburst was inappropriate, caused by her growing frustration.

As the raven-haired Ionian approached, the snow queen observed her. The outfit she had worn on her arrival was discarded, leaving her in a quite unexpected state. The assassin wore a short, sleeveless vest that barely reached the top of her defined abdominal muscles. Her skin was slightly tanned – most likely as the side effect of dozens if not hundreds of hours spent outside, training. On that exposed flesh, many marks could be easily spotted, scars of unknown origin. For a quick, passing moment, the queen thought how these hardened muscles would feel against her bare hands. When she realised what she was thinking about, she nearly jumped. The side effect that she could not control was heat quickly filling her face. The snow queen of Flerjord blushed hard.

“Something happened, my queen; you are red all over your face?” Ionian asked, quickly noticing the state of the white-haired woman.

“You can proceed,” Ashe uttered in a low tone whilst lowering her gaze significantly. Possibly for the very first time during their conversation, the queen sounded unsure, worried, insecure.

“As you wish,” the raven-haired woman responded. “I believe that the easiest, and the quite frankly only way for us to defend the capital is to rely on civilians. Even though they did not go through military training, they should not have problems with tossing javelins at the enemy. At least a fraction of your people are lumberjacks, hunters; these ones could be even more useful when fighting on walls begins. It is just a matter of equipping them properly, which is not a real problem; your armoury is full of equipment that no one can currently use. I have already started to work with them; I have tried to teach them some sort of discipline. It will be a crucial factor for us to have even a glimpse of surviving,” she explained her thoughts process in details. “I would strongly recommend using civilians volunteers as our skirmishers; the second line should be formed from the lumberjacks, hunters. The third and, quite frankly, last line will consist of your Valkyries. After all, they are the most skilled and experienced soldiers we can rely on; to win, or rather to survive, we need to manage this resource with caution. Despite that, these women have sworn to defend your people; we can not throw their lives away recklessly. The success depends on them fulfilling their role,” Akali stated in a stone-cold tone.

“The first and second lines aren’t soldiers,” Ashe uttered, fixing her gaze on the assassin. “What are the odds of them not running away in the heat of the battle?” she asked, worry clearly presented all over her beautiful face.

“They are not soldiers, that is true; however, they all know that if they fail, their home will be gone, destroyed by invaders. I would not write off people who have no other way to go than to stand and fight,” Akali made a comment. “And… on top of that, they will be fighting for the queen. If you go to battle with them, leading them, they will offer you their lives.”

The snowy-white-haired woman was regarding these words, these pieces of advice in silence. After a couple of moments, she nodded; the plan made sense, giving them at least a chance of surviving.

“What else can you tell me?” Ashe asked, solely focusing on Ionian woman.

“Would you like me to go through the plan that we have been preparing for the last 3 days?”

“Yes, remind me it with every possible detail,” the snow queen uttered.

Without providing any sort of response, the assassin came straight to discussing the plan. She seemed to be in her comfort zone, relaxed. She was making a lot of gestures as if trying to add additional depth to her words.

The queen tried to focus on Akali’s speech. Yet with time passing, it became more and more difficult for her to avert her gaze from these exposed muscles. Oh… how intoxicating this sight must have been to Freljord’s ruler? How appealing; it quickly filled the fatigued mind of the queen, leaving her shamelessly staring at the assassin’s abs. The words that were being uttered seemed to be heard yet not fully understood.

This state continued to exist for a couple of hours. Whilst Akali seemed to be unaffected by any means by the situation, Ashe found herself conflicted more and more.

“Is there anything else that I can do?” Freljord’s monarch asked whilst hiding her face inside her hands.

“If you believe in gods, maybe a short prayer would not go unnoticed,” Ionian replied emotionlessly. “Other than that… you need to open up the armoury and equip your people.”

“Fine,” the snowy-white-haired woman uttered quietly. “Go, we both need some rest. We’ll distribute the weaponry tomorrow in the morning. But… for now, I need to close my eyes for a few moments; take a much-needed rest.”

“Understandable,” Akali stated. “Would you like me to guard your room?” she asked, eyeing the tired monarch.

“No, I won’t need your assistance at night,” the white-haired queen responded, lowering her tone. “If you so desire, go find Kara and return her affection; who knows, maybe it’s our last day of being alive. I’d urge you to use it as you please,” she added in a passive-aggressive manner.

“I will stay here, then,” Akali informed the queen. “Have a good night, my queen,” she bid her farewell, bowing deep.

“Pfff,” tired Ashed scoffed. “You can stop pretending as if nothing gets to you. It’s annoying and hardly believable.”

After these words, the ruler of Flerjord left, not waiting for any possible response. She was tired and annoyed. Maybe a couple of hours of rest would do some miracle, allowing her to focus solely on the upcoming battle.

The snowy-white-haired woman was ripped out of her dreamless slumber by the cracking sound. If she could have relied on her hearing sense, it had come from the corridor outside her chamber. The queen could still feel fatigued, yet as quietly as she could, she reached for the dagger. It was hidden inside the only drawer of her nightstand. As soon as she enveloped her fingers around the weapon’s handler, she felt more confidently. Still, the adrenaline was pumping through her veins; Ashe was sensing imminent danger. Her king-sized bed was located a solid couple of steps away from the door.

A split second of hesitation costed her dearly. She had an opportunity to crawl out of her bed and vanish in one of many hidden tunnels; yet, she decided to remain still, waiting for the further development of the events. When she heard the footsteps, it was already too late for her to react. The door opened with a single kick, revealing 2 tall, muscular masked men clothed in dark coats. They spotted her in a blink of an eye, then ran toward her. The white-haired queen tried to get out of her to even have a chance of fighting the men. Unfortunately, her leg got entangled in the bedding, slowing her down significantly. These fractions of second were all the intruders needed to close the distance. Without an ounce of hesitation, they rammed into the woman, pinning her down to the king-sized bed. Ashe tried to wrestle with the man; however, her efforts tuned out to be mostly fruitless. All she managed to accomplish was to stab one of the mens’ arm with her dagger. She could feel fresh, hot blood staining her right hand. Still, her efforts did not stop the men from anything.

Freljord’s queen continued to wrestle up with the attackers for another minute or so. If she had been allowed to, she would have continued doing so till she succeeded. However, the masked ones had other plans regarding her. As soon as they managed to pin her down, they started tieing her up. A rough, thick rope was wrapped around her delicate wrists, marking her skin with small wounds as if sandpaper was being used on her. The white-haired monarch wanted to break free, yet she knew that with every single attempt, she was only hurting herself more. Within the next few heartbeats, her mouth was sealed with some fabric. At the very end, they tied her feet too.

At this point, Ashe could wrestle as much as she wanted, yet her effort was pointless. She was being carried by these two men. They were much stronger than her; that was evident as their iron grip was being held on her arms. The attackers did not even need to force her to walk. In their situation, it was fair simple; they just lifted her up, dragging her with them.

“Where are the guards?!” Ashe asked, deep inside her mind. “Where are people who have sworn to protect me?!” she continued to ask questions, annoyed with the current situation.

Slowly, they left the queen’s chambers, entering a long corridor. Just a couple of steps to her right, the remnants of the porcelain vase could be seen. The sight was utterly ridiculous; it was just a bit of dumb luck that the vase had not landed on a thick carpet. The cracks were shattered all over the floor, yet the impact area was clearly distinguishable.

Without anything better to do, Freljord’s ruler started to gather as much information about the attackers. As much as she was allowed to, she started to look around, spectating the men. Quite quickly, she learnt the first thing about them. They must have been slaves at some point in their lives. The sleeves would roll up from time to time, showing the commonly used tattoos in Noxus to mark slaves. Their coats were wet, soaked with what smelled like sweat. People are sweating differently when they are afraid. And… it was the smell the queen sensed. Even though they had not uttered a single word since their arrival, they stayed vigilant all the time. Both of the men were constantly spectating the space around them, suspecting an ambush.

The capital was so peaceful, so quiet. As the ex-slaves dragged her all the way through the hold, they had not met anyone. There were no guards anywhere.

After a couple of prolonged moments, they reached the main entrance. Usually, there should have been two guards standing outside. The guarding party would have been changed every 4 hours. However, based on the sounds coming behind the enhanced door, there was no one around.

The attackers seemed to be moved by this discovery as well. As quickly as they could, a couple of stares had been exchanged. The ex-slaves felt uneasy, maybe even… scared. A couple of additional moments were spent waiting, looking directly at the door, listening. After that short period, the men decided to proceed. The one on her right took a step forward, opening the entrance. Nearly immediately, the freezingly cold wind started to hurl inside. As soon as the cold air reached Ashe, she began trembling. Her rather lacking clothing consisted only of her nightgown and nothing else.

Even if the second man spotted her trembling, he did not opt to act. The white-haired queen was dragged outside, leaving her vulnerable to the cold. The heavy snowflakes were falling from the skies, quickly covering everything they encountered with a thick layer of whiteness. The snowy-white-haired woman was shuddering intensively. It was apparent to her that her death was only a couple of minutes away from her. The frostbite would soon claim her life.

“Akhan,” the first of the attacker uttered in a low tone. “There’s blood on snow,” he pointed out.

The white-haired queen did not understand what he had just said. Truth be told, she suspected that he was speaking the language of Noxus; However, she could not know for sure.

“Where’s Then? He was the one guarding the entrance; where the fuck he had gone?” the other man cursed, looking around intensively.

“As you might already assume, he was killed,” a voice sounded from up ahead. “He did not abandon his post though; that much I can tell you,” the feminine voice added.

“Who are you?” the first of the men asked. “Show yourself, you coward!” he demanded.

“Coward?” a burst of short devilish laughter could be heard. “You have the audacity to call me a coward; however, I will do as you wish. After all, I have nothing to hide,” the voice responded.

In a span of a heartbeat, the woman figure appeared up ahead. She was wearing a heavy dark coat; the snowy-white mask was hiding her face. Long raven-black hair was being moved by the wind blows. The masked woman did not seem to be in any hurry as she slowly but steadily was coming closer and closer.

“Who are you?” the man’s question was repeated. “What are you doing here? If you were sent by Sarin, screw you, we’ve been there first!” he added, not even trying to hide hostility.

“You will not be bothered by such mere details soon,” the woman uttered emotionlessly. “You will end up just like your friend – Then,” she added, her voice as cold as ice.

“Pfff!” the men scoffed in a union.

“You’re freaking crazy to fight against both of us at the same time, alone,” one of the men responded, giggling nastily. “We’re giving you one last chance to run away before we deal with you just for fun!”

As the masked woman was getting closer and closer, more details regarding her frame could be spotted. Her coat was undone, ripped in numerous places, bore the marks of being cut recently. The snowy-white wooden mask was covered in dozens of stains. The bloody red colour distinguished itself from the surroundings.

“Ohhh,” the newcomer faked a gasp. “You are coming straight into violence, do you not?” she mocked.

“Get the fuck out…,” the man’s response was interrupted by the short blade that pierced through his throat.

The very next few moments became hectic. The ex-slave who still was holding her was not given even a chance to react. In what felt like a heartbeat, the raven-haired woman closed the distance between them. A short ghostly-glowing steel dagger could be seen in the woman’s hand. It must have been drawn whilst she had jumped forward. Ashe had just enough time to see the fear laying behind the man’s eyes before she fell into the snow. Based on the piercing scream that sounded, the dagger cut off one of the attacker’s hand, freeing the queen at the same time. A small bloody mark was left on her nightgown; however, it was not the right time to be bothered with such minor details. As soon as she had fallen down, her rather lacking clothing started to soak with the melting snow.

On her right, Freljord’s queen spotted the man with his throat pierced. He tried to somehow saved himself, yet he was losing blood quickly, choking on it. His death was just a matter of a few additional moments. She did not pity him; in her mind, he got the exact fate he deserved. Still, the main problem remained; her limbs were tied up, limiting her movement capabilities significantly.

Even though she did not see the death scene of the second man, she certainly heard him dying painfully. Based on these sounds, the night-piercing screams, she would assume the man being torn into shreds.

“My queen, are you alright?” Akali’s familiar voice sounded behind her.

“Get me to my chambers,” Ashe demanded, trying to sound confident.

“As you wish,” the assassin uttered in response before cutting the ropes.

The razor-sharp dagger cut through them without any problems. She was lifted by an Ionian woman in the very next moment, pulled close to her chest.

“What have you done with the second attacker?” the white-haired woman asked, hugging Akali as tightly as she could in search of warmth.

“I would suggest not looking at his corpse, my queen,” the raven-haired assassin tenderly responded. “These Noxians should not have breached into your hold,” she added angrily. However, who was the target of this anger was unknown.

As you might already anticipate, the ruler of Freljord did not listen to Akali’s advice. What she found on the snow on her left froze her blood. The man had been cut into pieces. The various pieces of recently alive man were scattered all over the place. It seemed that she was not far from what she had initially anticipated in her mind in the end. The only difference was that the limbs were not torn; the cut marks could be easily detectable.

“You were right,” Ashe uttered, trying not to vomit. “Take me to my chambers, please,” she added in a pleading tone.

“As you wish, my queen,” once again, the assassin responded with tenderness detectable in her voice.

Without wasting even a moment, the Ionian woman pulled the queen closer, beginning her way toward the hold.

Chapter 12: Heart full of fire (part 1)

Notes:

2021-09-12: Hey, a short preview of the next chapter is here. I wanted you to know what I’m currently working on. I originally wrote this text in Polish in the middle of 2017/2018.

2021-09-16: Hey, the chapter was released finally. I have decided to split it into two parts. Due to the shortage of free time as of recent, I prefer to write/translate shorter texts. I hope you understand that :)

Don’t forget to comment. I really appreciate your feedback.

Note that the dialogues written in italic are thoughts.

As always, I would like to thank you for everything. See you soon :)

Changelog:
[2021-09-12]: A preview was released.
[2021-09-16]: A chapter was fully released.

Info: The exact results of the last poll:
https://strawpoll.com/h5q1ebwe6

Info: I will be trying to focus on finishing some of the stories, rewriting some parts.

Schedule for the nearest future:
1. My home is where my heart lies.
2. Family tree.
3. The rise of the Blood Moons’ servants.
4. Fully original story.
5. Story of one lost soul.
6. Will you look past my mistakes?
7. Last Christmas.

Bonuses’ section:
A new story taking place in the Warhammer 40k universe.
A story regarding KaiKali (aka Akali x Kai’sa) (Will you look past my mistakes?).
Sometimes it’s just better not to know (possibly rewrite).
Kiss the rain (more than likely rewrite).
Whispers in the Dark (extending beyond 2 chapters story).
Story of one lost soul (translation of 2 of my old texts - previously written in polish).
Story of one lost soul: The war call: rewrite.

*bonuses will be worked on when I don’t feel like writing the chapters pointed out in the schedule :D

** It is possible for me to change the schedule a little. So stay tuned for the upcoming information.

Chapter Text

The top levels of the Institute of War had been massively changed, adjusted for tonight. They were reformed into smaller or bigger arenas. In the air, an enormously large display was hanging, supported by powerful magic. Currently, its surface was of a snow-white colour, but it was evident that it would be used to present something or someone soon.

Tonight had been announced as a special day for the Institute and the heroes living and fighting there. After all, only a couple of hours ago, the final day of the league’s current season was concluded. Even though it was not the first season that had come to pass, the champions never had been rewarded with something special. However, it had not been revealed what would be a reward. Still, everyone was happy; the change was wordlessly welcomed.

The decision to celebrate the final day of the competition was said to be lurking in summoners’ private conversation for quite some time. But, unfortunately, there was no way to prove or disprove that statement. So, most of the heroes had given the summoners the benefit of the doubt.

That being said, the current scenery could not have been named impressive. Quite frankly, there was nothing there. Aside from the nearly unlimited free space, of course.

All of the Institute’s champions gathered on the largest of the platforms. They were scattered all over it, divided into smaller groups. But, of course, the reasoning behind such behaviour could be revealed nearly instantly. Even though they were fighting and living here, their origins were different. The majority of the heroes had opted to name themselves as the citizens of their nations. Only after that label they would accept being called the champions of the league. And... it was not a secret that there was no love between nations.

In most cases, it would have led only to vulgar verbal conversations, arguments. However, it could not have been called a rule. Sometimes, the situation had got out of the hand quite quickly, and the steel had been drawn. It was fair to say that the blood had been spilt inside the Institute’s main building.

The moment everyone had been finally gathered onto the platform, the display began flickering. Finally, after only a couple of moments, the face of the High Councilor showed. Vessaria Kolminye was rarely seen in the Institute. So, the current situation must have been regarded as a top priority.

“Welcome, the champions of the league,” she greeted with respect filling her voice. “It has been an unusual year for all of us. We - as the community - faced many problems, misfortunes. However, we have dealt with them as one. As a result, our roster has been expanded significantly. It pleases me to see our work flourishing, thriving. It has always been the primary goal of the league to unit all possible nations. We seek peace when the others seek war. We are the guardian of this realm. And... I will be damned if I let it crumble on my watch,” she finished her lengthy speech.

Frankly, all of the champions looked at the Councilor. They were confused; after all, they had expected something entirely different.

“Ahhh,” the Institute’s leader sighed heavily. “I beg your pardon, champions. I have an awful habit of making pompous speeches. It is like a frenzy of sorts; it is challenging to regain control over myself once it begins,” she explained. A hint of guilt and embarrassment could be heard in her usually stoic tone.

“What I have truly wanted to say,” the leader resumed after a couple of moments of silence. “I wanted to thank you for your cooperation, dedication toward our goals, values. So, we - as summoners - have decided to reward you a little. You fought teeth and nails for the entirety of the season. Now, it is time for you to relax. So, let us do at least that,” she added.

Without uttering a single word more, her face faded away, leaving the display in its original state. It would not have been an understatement to say that everyone was confused. After all, the Councilor had not even mentioned what would the reward look like.

Within the next couple of moments, the platforms started to shake visibly.

“Gather at the very centre of the platform. We need space to build the stages,” the voice of the league’s leader sounded again.

The request was followed without a moment of hesitation. Right before the champions’ eyes, the dozens of boxes began pilling up. Then, the walls started to be built. In any other situation, it could be considered an incredible display of magical prowess. However, currently, no one thought about it in such a category.

It was honestly amazing how fast the free space was being divided into smaller chunks and then prepared. The whole process might not have taken more than a couple of minutes. It was incredible.

Soon enough, the heroes were faced with reality. Before each of the divided sections, the gate stood with a sign. The summoners decided to reward them with the musical performances apparently. Each box was reserved for a different genre, so everyone could find something for themselves.

Within moments, the utter chaos erupted. The champions started to run back and forth, seeking the box with the most relaxing music for them. Still, a decent portion of the heroes decided to refresh themselves before they would search their place for tonight.

It was already a late night before everything was truly prepared. A warm wind was occasionally blowing, bringing some needed cooling. Even though it was already past midnight, the heat of the day had not faded away entirely. The temperature was still high and mixed with high humidity; some of the champions were sweating intensively. The dark skies were clear. Not even a single fluffy cloud could be spotted all over the visible horizon.

Quinn did not like the weather that much; however, thankfully, it was not affecting her that much. It seemed that spending years of her life behind the enemy lines and mainly living in woods could make the body resistant to some inconveniences. Even though she would not have said it aloud, she was thankful for that little side park connected with her previous job.

For tonight, the ex-scout decided to dress up casually. After all, it would be a weird experience to go to the metal section dressed like a doll. Her black as night leather jacket had seen better days. After a moment of thinking, the red-haired woman could not say with certainty how long she had it. Underneath it, the plain, casual grey tee was presented. It was possibly one of the oldest pieces of clothing she possessed. So, she would have been okay with it not making it through the night. The skin-tight pants matched the jacket’s colour. The scout was not entirely sure what the hell had come to her to wear it in the very first place. Of course, it was exposing and highlighting her long legs, but it was so uncomfortable at the same time. Still, it was a far better choice than her current boots. A quick, silent prayer was offered to some gods residing in the heavens above. Out of all miserable decisions she could have made, the redhead had chosen the worst possible one. She had decided to wear heeled boots in the colour of the blood.

Quinn’s makeup was light. It was nothing more than a couple brushes to highlight her beautiful face. But, frankly, she would not have got any further. She was a woman, yet she disliked interfering with what nature had in store for her. The ex-scout just did not want to look like some doll. Still, it was sad that many women tried to enhance their look far too much, in her honest opinion. Her long hair of bloody-red colour was put into a high ponytail. That way, it did get caught into zippers far rarely than otherwise.

Her go-to zone was the box specifically reserved for the heavier sounds, so to speak. In the so-called ‘metal zone’, the Pentakill’s gig was planned. Or… at least, she learnt that much from the scraps of information she had been able to obtain. It was said that the band would - of course - perform their own songs; however, there might be some covers in the store for tonight. Another rumour that had caught her attention had stated there would have been some changes within the band. Apparently, Pentakill had picked up or was about to pick up a female vocalist. But, it would not be the end of the roster changes. Some people had been talking about Mordekaiser leaving the group, leaving a place for two new members. In the original squad, Mordekaiser had been responsible for both lead and backup guitar. Even though it might have been a really challenging and taxing task, he had performed phenomenally. His riffs and solos – at least in Quinn’s mind – had been the clue that had made the band successful. It would have been an unfortunate moment if that rumour had turned out true.

However, nothing was set in stone as of now. Therefore, these might have been rumours amongst the community with little to no truth inside them. After all, there had been no Pentakill’s concerts within the recent months. So, it would be the safest bet to just wait for the band to clarify the situation.

The ex-scout was brought into the realm of the heavier sounds many years ago. She remembered playing the drums when she was younger. However, it had been many years since she was regularly practising. Currently, all she could afford in terms of time was a short weekly session, at most. Sometimes, crazy ideas were coming to her mind. For example, there had been a time when she had been so frustrated with her lack of time. She had been so upset with that that she had nearly quitted her job. All she had wanted back then had been to play the drums for the living. Thankfully, the more realistic part of her subconsciousness had reacted in time, preventing the imminent disaster.

A heavy, extended sigh was allowed to leave her slightly tightened throat.

On her way toward the so-called ‘metal box’, she had met many of her peers. Still, it must have been admitted that seeing so many league champions gathered in one place was a rare sight. It seemed that everyone needed a moment to catch their breaths. Some even forgot about their nasty daily image, choosing to cloth entirely differently. Even more so, some of the champions forgot – at least for tonight – about their quarrels. So, they decided to have a bit of fun. The perfect example of it would have been Lissandra. Quinn would have had a tough challenge ahead of herself if she had to name a single day when the ice-witch had not tried to kill Ashe. But, currently, she was dancing alongside the archer queen in the so-called ‘modern music’ zone. The amount and intensity of bass coming from there could have easily stunned a person who was not used to such loud intensive rhythms. However, it must have been acknowledged that the dancefloor seemed to be on fire.

After a couple of prolonged minutes, the redheaded woman reached her destination. And… frankly, she could not have been surprised more. After all, there were many champions that the ex-scout would have never expected to find here. On top of that, it might have been safe to state that this particular zone was slightly overcrowded.

It took her only a couple of moments to spot the very first of jaw-breaking surprises of that night. No more than a few steps away from her, Leona and Diana were hugging each other in a very intimate manner. Even though they were usually pretty hostile toward one another, now, they were touching, flirting, enjoying their time. The outfits of the women were pretty much identical. Both were wearing a full set of skin-tight leathery clothing with a quilted jacket to top them. Within mere seconds, the ex-scout lost sight of them. Of course, it was caused by the overcrowding, yet she wanted to say ‘hi’ at least. With the occasion gone, she was forced to follow the stream of people going back and forth inside the zone.

“Sheesh! Some many people are coming for the Pentakill gig,” Quinn uttered in her mind. “I guess… it’s the right time for me to find someplace to settle in, maybe down a beer.”

Whilst wandering around the zone, she had plenty of opportunities to look around. She had seen Katarina hanging out with her stepbrother – who happened to be her boyfriend as well – and a few other tough guys from Noxus. Truth be told, Talon did not look pleased with the current situation. On his handsome face, the grimace could be spotted easily. Just a couple of steps away from them, the Demacians stood. Amongst many others, there was Garen. There was a rumour that something had been going on between the redhead and the guards’ captain. Maybe… just maybe, there was more truth in that than everyone had anticipated.

Once again, she got surprised when she spotted Sejuani standing right next to Sivir and Miss Fortune. The bulkiest of the women was gesturing something extensively. Whilst the warlord from the North had decided to follow the common clothing standards of the metal genre, the other two had opted for something else. The mercenary and Sarah had tight long dark dresses on themselves. Even a single glance was enough to say that they looked phenomenally in these clothes. Without anything better to do, the ex-scout thought it would be a good idea to hang out with them. After all, it was the reasoning behind tonight’s celebration – to have fun.

“Hello,” she greeted three women whilst still approaching them. Unfortunately, due to the already loud noises ruling in the zone, she needed to almost shout to be heard. “How are you?”

“Wow… just wow!” Sivir uttered, omitting the greetings. She whistled a moment later. “Damn… Quinn, you look hella hot tonight,” she commented, lustring her from her boots to her head. An unpleasant shiver ran down the red-haired woman’s spine. She did not like the hunger and lust hidden inside that gaze. “But… you could still do better, I guess. You could just reveal a little more, expose more flesh. I’m pretty sure no one would be upset if you did,” she added with a small smile playing on her lips.

“Sivir! Don’t look at her like that!” Sarah reprimanded her friend. “And… I mean it, you keep doing so, and in no time, you’ll start drolling. You’re trying to devour her with your eyes, silly,” she added playfully.

“Did you hear they have a second vocalist? To be more precise, a female vocalist?” Sejuani asked, trying to salvage an embarrassing situation.

“I heard rumours,” Quinn replied immediately, thankful that the warlord had decided to act. “Have they confirmed that?” she asked curiously.

“Nah,” the white-haired woman responded, shrugging nonchalantly. “However, some of my sources are giving these gossips around 90% of positivity. So, I’d bet quite a lot for that. Frankly, even more, she’s so good at singing that she’s scattering the weak. First, though, don’t ask me how did they obtain these pieces of information,” she explained briefly.

“Hey, it’s seems that the show is about to begin,” Sivir uttered, pointing out on the stage.

Within moments, the sole attention of all the gathered people was set on the stage located on a small elevation. The white thick cloudy fumes began pouring through the thick dark curtain. The only way in and out of the zone – the gate – closed itself, sealing everyone in. Slowly, the vapours started to climb up their legs, filling the space. Once it reached Quinn’s tights, the curtain began its way up. The thick fabric of the cover was slowly being lifted up. All the gathered people held their breaths. Finally, the utter silence fell upon the zone.

It did not last long, though. Finally, after maybe a couple of prolonged moments, the curtains reached the of their journey. As soon as it happened, the Pentakill’s members appeared on the stage. All five of them were there, the original lineup.

“Welcome, welcome, my dear friends,” the band’s leader greeted everyone with his usual rich and hoarse voice. “We have gathered here to celebrate the end of the tiring season together. Of course, it is an initiative of the summoners. But… if you asked me, screw it. It is a time for us to have some fun,” he added, grinning slightly.

When the man stopped, the gathered supporters began chanting, cheering, shouting. They pretty much did all they could to show off their support toward the band.

“As much as it pains me, it must be announced finally,” Karthus resumed his speech after a few moments of silence. “We will no longer play in our original lineup,” he announced.

The dead silence fell upon the crowd. If someone had dropped a nail currently, its fall down would have been heard loud and clear. Even though most if not all of them had heard the rumours, it was still a shock. After all, it was the end of the era, to some extent.

“I know that it sucks,” the vocalist uttered confidently. “However, in life, not always everything goes according to the plan. And… we need to accept some outcomes and adjust to them. We wanted to greet you one last time as the original band. Keep in mind, we will go forth; but, not in the same lineup. We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the neverending waves of support. Though, I suppose, it is a time for us to bid farewell to the leaving members and greet the newcomers,” he added.

“I guess… it’s my turn to carry on the speech,” Mordekaiser stated. “I’m the one leaving. It wasn’t an easy decision to make, but in the end, it’s the end of the line for me. I want to thank you for these months and years that we shared, to some extent. However, it’s my farewell as the Pentakill’s guitarist,” he uttered confidently. “I had a lot of fun whilst rocking with you guys. I really had. Still, I thought that it was high time for the young blood to have the opportunity to prove themselves. These youngsters are freaking badass. It won’t be an understatement if I say they’re way better guitarists than I’ll ever be. So, I wanted them to continue the show instead of me. Ughh… let this nonsense be over with already. I’m very happy to present to you the first of the guitarists that will replace me. Move your ass down here, Talon!” the bulky artist shouted, chuckling a little.

Once again, the complete silence fell upon the zone. The eyes of everyone were fixed on the Noxian assassin slowly making his way toward the stage. He was wearing a white, hooded coat, a dark shirt and matching elegant trousers.

Chapter 13: The heart not so cold (part 4)

Notes:

2021-11-18: Hey, I would like to share a short preview with you. Though as I have mentioned recently, I will try to take more time to finish each chapter, rereading it a couple of times. So, please do not be surprised if some parts of the preview do not make it through into the final release. Besides that, enjoy the text :)

2021-11-21: Hey, here is the updated version of the chapter. It is not finished by any means, but wanted to let you know how the things are looking currently.

2021-11-24: Hey, the chapter has been finished. I kind of like the development of this particular story, but I'm not the one to judge it. So, please let me know what do you think. Would you like to see more chapters crafted in such a way? Or, should I try something else?

Don't forget to comment. I really appreciate your feedback.

Note that the dialogues written in italic are thoughts.

As always, I would like to thank you for everything. See you soon :)

Changelog:
[2021-11-18]: A preview was released.
[2021-11-21]: A small update; added around 1000+ words.
[2021-11-24]: A chapter has been finally released fully.

Info: Overall, the current plan is for me to write 'My home is where my heart lies' and 'Family tree' alternatively. Between the updates of these stories, I will try to upload other texts. Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to finish some of the short stories. However, I truly doubt that. It seems that most if not all of the stories will be extended both in terms of the time and the number of chapters.

Bonuses' section:
A war call - extracting the parts into a new separate story.
A new story taking place in the Warhammer 40k universe.
Story of one lost soul: The war call: rewrite.
An entirely new story (possibly Akali x [Irelia, Syndra, Katarina]).
A new short story (Vi x Cait).
An entirely original story (possibly even 2 stories, one taking place in medieval times, the other in the far future)

*bonuses will be worked on when I don't feel like writing the chapters pointed out in the schedule :D

Chapter Text

Before the queen could have noticed, the morning came. As slowly as possible, the white-haired woman left her cosy bed, leaving behind the still-warm sheets. If she had been allowed, she would have stayed there the whole day, crawling into a small ball. But, sadly, as the monarch, her presence was required somewhere else. Still, the pressure of the inevitably coming events began affecting her more than she would have loved to admit. Thus, Ashe was not in the greatest of moods out of the start.

Merely a couple of moments, it took the white-haired woman to reach the blinded windows. Frankly saying, they should have been already uncovered, but someone must have prevented her maids from doing so. Considering how eventful the last night had been, she had a clue of whom had been behind this occurrence.

With little to no hesitation, the queen reached out toward the curtains, pulling them aside. Once the passage was cleared, the light beams blinded her at first. So, getting used to the current illumination level took her more than a couple of seconds. However, it really lasted shorter in the mind of the queen.

As soon as her eyes got used to the light, she looked through the window. Unexpected, the early Sun flooded the nearby area with countless rays of bright, almost blinding light. After all, the last couple of days had been nearly entirely reigned by the snowstorms. The ubiquitous snowdrifts that covered virtually everything nearby reflected these rays to make the current situation worse, amplifying them.

In most situations, the current weather could have been described as favourable. Although Ashe would not have agreed with such a statement, fully aware of what was coming her way. According to the scouts, it was a matter of time before the invader’s forces would lay a siege. Some would swear that the black as night banners could be seen in a distance.

The only advantage of the current weather that the queen could think about was the extended line of sight. With the skies being as clean and blues as now, they should have been able to spot the approaching army from miles away. Still, it must have been admitted that snowstorms would have inevitably slowed down the marching enemies. Time, the most precious resource now, was running lower and lower.

As a result of her deepest fears, a heavy, exhausted sigh was drawn out of Ashe.

“What would I give for more time and warriors to work with?” the queen allowed herself to slip away, contemplating deep inside her conciseness. “Does it make any sense to resist? Would it save more of my people if I just surrendered? But, of course, not; they’d have been slaughtered all the same,” she continued to think intensively.

Knowing all too well that if she had kept daydreaming, she would not have achieved anything. So, after cursing silently, she opted to leave her cosy bedroom. Some move would do her good now.

With a complete disregard for her clothing, she quickly closed the distance to the door. One swift twist of her wrist and the passage toward the rest of the hold stood open before her. Though it must have been noted that something felt off. As a result of that realisation, she decided to look around more thoroughly.

She did not have to look around for too long. To her left, she spotted a bench that she could swear had not been there yesterday. Surprised by her discovery, she opted to come closer. Within moments she was faced with an unexpected sight. Akali, the dread assassin that only yesterday had saved her life, was laying still, sleeping soundlessly. The face of the ninja was fully covered by the once snowy-white mask. Nevertheless, bloodstains could still be seen on its surface, proving that the eventful night had occurred.

“Have you slept well?” the exhausted voice of the Ionian sounded nearly instantly. “You were through a lot yesterday. How are you holding up?” she slowly stood up, allowing the stained piece of wood to fall onto the ground.

“After you saved me? Yes, I’ve managed to sleep decently, somehow,” the white-haired woman responded after a moment of hesitation. “Could you explain to me what was that?” she asked, fixing her narrowed eyes at the assassin.

“I would love to,” the Ionian started her response. “However, I wholeheartedly doubt we have time to waste to explain it properly,” she added, lowering her gaze slightly as if embarrassed.

“Right… we have a battle inevitably coming our way,” the queen uttered coldly. “What would you advise to do, then? How can we prepare more thoroughly?” she asked, visibly tired with the never-ending topic.

“My queen… I am afraid that we have done everything that we could,” Akali replied, taking some time to provide her answer. “If you are religious, maybe some prayers will ease your mind.”

“I don’t really think that the gods plan to intervene,” Ashe scoffed. “I’m more willing to believe that they’ll be spectating our struggles, amused by our fragility,” she opted to mock openly.

“My queen, if I may?” the assassin asked, closing in slightly. “I do not think that it is wise to throw a gauntlet against the gods. Even if they are not going to help us, they might at least remain passive. Currently, we need no more enemies,” she added quietly.

“I’d have never considered you religious,” the surprised queen commented. “But… maybe, just maybe there is an ounce of wisdom in your words,” she decided to add a bit softer.

“Shall we proceed then?” the Ionian woman asked even though she already knew the answer.

“Yes, time is of the essence,” the white-haired woman uttered, nodding.

“Then… you might want to change up, my lady,” the raven-haired woman replied, pointing at the queen’s clothing.

A couple of hours later:


Freljord’s queen found herself standing atop the capital’s walls in the late afternoon. Beside her, the city’s citizens were visibly shaking out of fear. In front of them, just outside the archers’ range, the Noxian army stood firmly. Hundreds of battle-ready soldiers were clustered in a tight formation, eyeing their prize in the meantime. Their black armours and coats differentiate from the surrounding. They looked like a dark tide that would soon wash over them.

For more than a couple of prolonged minutes, the staring contest lasted.

The Noxians stood still, waiting for their commanders to issue an order to attack. Such indecision was a surprising turn of events for the queen. She had frankly expected the invaders to start the assault right away. Though as she could currently see, it was not the case.

Unfortunately, the beautiful weather that had welcomed Ashe in the morning continued its reign over the nearby lands. Even though Sun had already begun its way toward the horizon, its rays were still flooding the ground. Some of them were being reflected by the metal pieces in the invaders’ armours and shields.

Finally, after what had felt like an utter eternity, one of the Noxian stepped forward, slowly making its way toward the city walls. In comparison to his comrades, the messager was lightly armed. Instead of a heavy armour reinforced with steel plates, he was wearing a much lighter leather variant. His long dark hair was in constant motion due to the wind blows. Though he did not care about it all that much, strolling in his own tempo.

Before long, he stopped just a couple of dozens of metres away from the gates. Then, after a moment of inaction, his head was lifted slightly, looking around. On his tanned face, a smug smirk could be currently spotted. He seemed to know what he was looking for. And… it did not take him much to find it.

“I beg your pardon, usurper Ashe,” he started, still smirking at the queen. “I’m but a messenger of the rightful ruler of Freljord, Sejuani. Although my name is not necessary for this encounter to proceed, I’ll introduce myself as Narth, the harbinger of wrath. And… these fellows behind me are a personification of that wrath. I’m here to give a final chance to surrender. If you lay down your weapons and open the gates, your people will be spared. However, in your case, the situation will be a bit trickier,” he continued speaking, mocking openly. “You’re set to travel to the capital. Once there, you’ll be judged by your rightful queen, usurper. So, the time is up. Your options lay before you, yet the clock is ticking quickly. So, take up the generous offer or perish!” the messenger decided to raise his tone whilst making the demand.

“You… Noxians, are the worst scams that I’ve ever seen,” the white-haired queen threw, looking as if these words were causing her physical pain. “You have no right to demand anything from me. I’m a rightful ruler of these lands. And… if the situation requires it, I’ll die protecting my people. So, if you’re any smart, I’d turn back and leave if I were you. Freljord won’t tolerate invaders upon its sacred soil,” she finished pompously.

Without uttering a single word more, the white-haired woman drew her bow. The black-feathered arrow rested against the string. The arrowhead was massive, the surface ragged yet dangerously sharp.

“Don’t be so smug, worthless worm!” Ashe spatted toward the messenger whilst aiming at him. “Mock once again, and this arrow will find your skull. I dare you to try out your luck, Noxian!” she continued venomously.

“It doesn’t matter if you kill me, usurper,” the dark-haired man responded with a smug face. “Go ahead and kill me. There’re hundreds of people just like me to fill the space after me. So you can’t realistically win. The forces behind me are but a small part of the forces Noxus kindly sent to her Sejuani to retake her throne. Just look at them. They’re better than anything….”

Before the Noxian was allowed to finish his speech, the arrow was let loose. Within a moment, it landed precisely where the queen had uttered before. But, surprisingly, there was no whine, pain cry. Instead, the man fell down with his smirk still intact. Thus, even though his death was near-instant, he had managed to accomplish his mission, at least partially. Ashe was infuriated. It was such a bizarre dirty little trick, yet she had fallen into the trap.

She would have expected the Noxian to roar in anger. But, unfortunately, it was not the case. Instead, invaders tightened their formation, preparing for the assault. Their broad, heavy shields afforded them a lot of safety against the archers or any kind of skirmishers. Though much better prepared, equipped and trained, the Noxians did not push forward blindly. Instead, their slow and steady approach began, sending a clear message – “You are not going to stop us.”

Some of the marching soldiers had been tasked with carrying the ladders. These ones could not protect themselves from the obvious reasons, so their comrades had grouped around them.

No chants, no mockery, no roars could have been heard from the attackers. To some extent, they seemed as if one giant machine. The construct seemed so inhuman, well trained, well oiled, ready for the war.

Soon enough, they had entered the outer boundary of archers’ range. Unfortunately, some of the least-experienced bowmen had attempted to use that fact to their advantage. However, it quickly became a fruitless effort as the arrows began gliding on the broad shields. They shot a couple of times more before giving up on the idea. It was evidently only leading to them wasting the precious ammunition.

The time was slowly passing by whilst the invaders’ approach was only getting closer and closer. They looked like one unmovable object. They could have been called the tide. The wave that would have soon flooded the fortifications, then the entire city.

Throughout their slow march, many of Ashe’s people had tried to make a difference by striking the enemy whilst still having the distance advantage. But, sadly, the tries had brought little to no meaningful outcome.

The queen was not a fool. Whilst standing on top of the walls, she could very see the frustration growing inside her people. The white-haired woman was well aware that soon it would turn into fear. The kind of fear that would inevitably take away her people’s willingness to fight. So, she would have to do everything to prevent that stage from being reached. Even though her own bow was capable of inflicting far more severe damage, she doubted it would make a change. Though currently, it was the least she could do.

Weirdly enough, Ashe’s back muscles relaxed once she began drawing the bow once more. It was so surreal, feeling as if every single arrow meant a new page in her history, tabula rasa. As soon as the bow was fully drawn, she held her breath. Then, with the time significantly slowing down for her, she took as much time as needed to aim. Finally, as the air started to be exhaled slowly, the string was let loose. The arrow was set into motion, flying toward its target with a wheezing sound.

Then, the queen allowed herself to lower the weapon and look carefully, trying to spot the effect of her shoot. After a couple of moments, the very first success could have been announced. The speeding projectile passed through the shield wall, already achieving more than all of her soldiers. The queen held her breath for a moment, uttering a silent prayer. Maybe… just maybe, the gods above would have heard her pleas.

In fact, Ashe did not have to wait all that long. One of the shield-bearers fell down into the snow, dropping his tower shield. His unexpected death caused the line to crumble slightly, leaving a decent gap in the shield wall. Though it must have been admitted, the opening was quickly sealed by yet another soldier.

“Shoot only when I make the opening for you!” the queen turned to the side slightly, uttering a command loudly. “Don’t let them reach the walls!” she added whilst swiftly reaching for another arrow. “Yet another nameless Noxian invader is going to meet the gods soon,” Ashe whispered deep inside her mind.

The battle continues (an hour later):


After a little more than an hour, the walls must have been left behind. Even though many brave defenders had forsaken their lives to hold onto them, it had not been enough. The fortifications were covered in thick puddles of the blood of both invaders’ and defenders’ origins. Considering the heavy casualties, the current outcome could be hardly described as satisfactory.

As expected, the civilians could not match the Noxians’ soldiers in close-counter combat. Moreover, the approaching tide – even though slightly depleted – could not have been container outside the city walls. The figures in black all seemed alike. When one of them fell, another invader was taking its place immediately. To some extent, it seemed as if these soldiers were immortal. To make the matter worse, the detailed battle plan had expected the fight to have several stages. But, unfortunately, it had quickly turned out to be a failed assumption. As soon as the walls had been breached, utter chaos began.

There was no specific defence line to speak off. The entire battle had been split into a series of smaller encounters that could have been hardly controlled. But, of course, such a situation favoured the Noxians. With their forces being better equipped and more experienced, the fights turned into slaughters in various areas.

“Why haven’t I listened to that damned ninja?!” Freljord’s ruler opted to complain inside her mind. “She’s foreseen that exact scenario, warning me about it. Yet, in my dumbness, I’ve decided that I knew better,” she continued for a couple of moments more.

Surprisingly enough, the second line consisted of lumberjacks, and woodmen held the firm and steady line against the invaders. The highest quality weapons and armours the city could offer had been – at least partially – given to them. And… frankly, they made good use of them. Still, sadly, it would not have been enough. Although the second line was not crumbling – as of now – they had been steadily pushed back. The endless tide of the Noxians was too much for them to handle. Step by step, the ground needed to be left behind. Ashe and her people hoped that they would be able to reach the hold. This place would mark the end of the line, their last stand.

Thankfully to the still ever-present snowdrifts, the enemy could not have utilised their numbers advantage. Instead, they had been forced to fight through the narrow passages between the city buildings. Their path to victory needed to be carved in flesh and paid in blood.

“We aren’t going to last much longer, my queen,” one of her Valkyries shouted. “We should fall back right to the hold. We should be able to fend them off there much easier.”

The white-haired woman looked at the Valkyrie, thinking intensively.

“Can you replace them?” Ashe uttered a quiet question that barely could be heard through the cacophony. “Can you replace them at the front of our line? They won’t be able to retreat whilst maintaining the tight formation.”

“Your words are the order for us, my queen,” the female warrior replied instantly. “If you want us to face the tide from the very first line. It shall be done,” she uttered confidently.

“Do it, then,” the queen simply replied whilst pulling the string to her cheek once again. “Skirmishers! All the missiles on the second and third rows,” she yelled an order.

Truth be told, even though she was shouting, her words could be barely heard. It was so frustrating that all the woman could listen to was a horrific mix of steel clashing, groans of wounded, and the soft moans of the dying. Though Ashe was pleased for her order was heeded instantly. At least a couple of dozens of projectiles flew above her head, aiming directly at the ordered targets.

Once these missiles landed, the Noxian wave was forced to take a halt, pushing the wounded to the back of their lines. In the meantime, Ashe’s people used that opportunity to swap the lumberjacks and the Valkeries whilst slowly taking steps back.

Then, out of a sudden, the queen spotted the movement of the buildings’ roofs. With a couple of short-lived moments used for taking a closer look, she froze. Numerous civilians stepped onto the roofs holding bricks, rock, or other heavy items. One of them caught Ashe’s attention especially. The man’s name was Eivind. He was one of the oldest, if not the oldest, man living in the capital. His long, curly hair had lost its colour long ago, leaving only the greyness behind. If the invasion had occurred a few years ago, he would have been one of many standing in the front line. However, his strengths had failed him since then, leaving his once strong arms thin and crumbling. Though it seemed that he had disregarded that minor setback and had decided to defend his city. The queen could clearly see how much he struggled with a heavy rock that he tried to hold. Still, it did not stop him from going forward.

After a couple of moments, the old man got to the edge of the roof. Judging by his look and his massive chest rising and falling rapidly, he must have been exhausted. With all the strengths he could muster, the rock was lifted above his head, then thrown into the Noxian mass. A moment later, he looked directly into Ashe and proudly hit his broad chest a couple of times.

A small smile was allowed to manifest on the queen’s face. Though the happiness and joy did not last long. Before she could have even noticed, Eivind’s frame was pierced with arrows, javelins, and spears. Yet, he seemed to shrug the pain off. Till the very last moment, he stood proud and tall, not caring for the enemies wounding his mortal shell. Then, finally, the spark of life faded inside of him. Momentarily, his massive frame went flaccid, dropping off of the roof.

“Eivind!” the piercing scream was torn from the depths of the queen’s throat.

She was grabbed from each side before she could press forward, driven by a murderous lust, and dragged backwards.

“You’re going to pay! You’re all going to die!” she continued to shout. But, in the meantime, deep inside her mind, the memories connected with the dead man were unleashed.

Chapter 14: Touch by touch

Notes:

2022-01-12: Hey, a small update for the story. So far, it is only a preview. However, I should be able to finish it soon. Please, bear in mind that it is, as mentioned, a preview. Some parts of it might not be included in the final release.

2022-01-16: Hey, the chapter or part is finished. Consider it as a really short text that is a product of me switching off my brain :) I still hope it is pleasant enough to read. As of the next couple of weeks, I feel like I would like to focus on rewriting the older chapters/parts. I feel like my English improved a lot. So, I can bring a better writing into the table.

Don’t forget to comment. I really appreciate your feedback.

Note that the dialogues written in italic are thoughts.

As always, I would like to thank you for everything. See you soon :)

Changelog:
[2022-01-12]: A preview was released.
[2022-01-16]: The chapter was updated, and its final version was released.

Info: Overall, the current plan is for me to write ‘My home is where my heart lies’ and ‘Family tree’ alternatively. Between the updates of these stories, I will try to upload other texts. Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to finish some of the short stories. However, I truly doubt that. It seems that most if not all of the stories will be extended both in terms of the time and the number of chapters.

Info: I will try to rewrite some of the older chapters between releasing new ones. I expect to start working on that goal in the middle of January. So, please be informed that the new chapters might take a bit longer to be finished and published.

Bonuses’ section:
A new story taking place in the Warhammer 40k universe.
Story of one lost soul: The war call: rewrite.
An entirely new story (possibly Akali x [Irelia, Syndra, Katarina]).
A new short story (Vi x Cait).
An entirely original story (possibly even 2 stories, one taking place in medieval times, the other in the far future)

References:
- Joy - Touch by touch

*bonuses will be worked on when I don’t feel like writing the chapters pointed out in the schedule :D

Chapter Text

As Akali began exhaling heavily, the negative thoughts filled her mind. It was only noon, yet she felt exhausted beyond measurement. Although a slow passing of time would have been usually welcomed wordlessly, sadly, currently, it was not the case. It was yet another day filled with buzzing social media feeds. And… as always, most of the discussions were focused on their private sexual lives. Frankly, it was a tough nut to crack, and with every passing day, it was only getting harder to disregard.

The once burgundy-haired woman sighed heavily whilst resting against a cold wall. Her right palm was tightened around her phone. The parts of the Twitter feed could have been seen through the clenched fingers. It was an evident mistake to take a look at these notifications.

“What’s wrong, darling?” the familiar voice of Evelynn sounded close by. A noticeable hint of concern could have been heard in her voice. “What happened?” she asked again. Then, Akali heeded the sounds of Eve’s stilettoes; she must have come closer.

“It’s nothing,” the dark-haired rapper tried to lie. However, her actions spoke otherwise. She allowed her body to slide down till she ended up sitting.

“Do you expect me to believe in that?” the diva spoke, slightly amused. “What’s the matter, darling? You know that you can tell me everything, right?” she added, kneeling beside her girl.

“Fine, I won’t win against you,” a clumsy response was mumbled. “I opened the Twitters notifications feed.”

“Ehh,” the silver-haired woman sighed heavily. “I assume you’ve something bothering there, aren’t you?” a quiet question was whispered.

“Isn’t it rhetorical?”

“It is; it is,” the siren whispered. “Who’s the target this time?”

“Me, you, and Kai’sa, but mostly you,” the rapper replied. “The things some of these people say are troubling, to say the least. They treat us like some pieces of meat or some whores. I don’t like that, Eve,” Akali whispered back, troubled.

“I guess my reputation doesn’t help a bit here, isn’t it?” the silver-haired singer giggled, trying to the situation into a joke. “I don’t like it either, Kali,” she assured the rapper softly. “Don’t worry; we’ll figure something out. I’m sure of that.”

For a couple of the following moments, the dark-haired woman was content with her partner hugging her. She loved that familiar warmth, the smell of her heavily overpriced perfumes. Still, Akali’s mind was on the run. There must have been a solution for their current situation.

“I have an idea!” the dark-haired rapper exclaimed loudly, returning to reality.

“I’m all ears, then, darling,” the diva responded, focusing on the younger girl.

“It might be a bit silly, but I’m sure it’ll work out in the end,” Akali spoke chaotically.

“Darling, details, please.”

“Ahh… yes, yes,” the dark-haired woman mumbled. “Remember the last New Year’s Eve party?” she asked quickly.

“Yes, I think I do,” the golden-eyed goddess responded after a moment of hesitation.

“Do you remember the song I kept talking about the whole night?”

“The disco song?” the siren asked, puzzled.

“Yes, exactly,” the once burgundy-haired woman spoked, nodding eagerly. “So, listen up; here’s the plan.”

“On the scale from 0 to 100, how much will I regret participating in that plan of yours?”

“Oh, come on! I’ve never disappointed you with my plans!” Akali whined, pouting.

“Well, I wouldn’t be so sure about that,” the she-devil chuckled.

“You’re the worst!”

“Maybe, but you still love me.”

“I’m going to Kai’sa tonight,” the rapper declared.

“Don’t you even dare!” the diva replied teasingly.

***

 

Before Akali’s plan could have been initiated, a lot of talking must have been done. Frankly, it took the dark-haired rapper an enormous amount of time to convince everyone to back up her idea. Still, the girls agreed to push the silly concept into realisation at the very end. To no one’s surprise, it was Kai’sa who was the one most excited about the upcoming action. Partially, it might have been caused by the fact that the dreamer had always gone soft near Akali.

Nevertheless, all KDA members were requested to deal with some tasks. Ahri took the management upon herself, for she was sure what they had planned would have started an internal war. Evelynn was asked to buy all the necessary clothes and other necessary materials. The last two needed to develop the details of their little show.

“You really think that’s a good idea to put that on TikTok as well?” Akali asked whilst stretching a little. The rapper’s muscles got a little stiff due to the time spent bending over the coffee table and writing down their ideas. “I hate that platform so much,” she added a moment later.

“I know, Kali,” the dreamer replied gently as always. “But, keep in mind that our fans use it. I’d go as far as to speculate that most of them are using it,” she calmly explained.

“I know, Kai,” the youngest KDA members replied, sighing heavily. “I just want it to be dealt with already,” she allowed herself to complain a little. Then, she lay down on the couch.

“It’s not that bad,” Kai’sa tried to reassure her partner. “Fine, it’s annoying and sometimes disgusting, but you know what? It’s just a price we need to pay for our success,” she continued talking. Whilst doing so, she got closer, situating herself so perfectly. Then, the lead dancer lifted her partner’s head, placing it on her lap. “Better?” Kai’sa asked, flashing a genuine smile.

“Don’t do me like that,” the dark-haired rapper began giggling. “Every time you start massaging my scalp, we end up having wild sex. Don’t get me wrong, I love it. However, I don’t think we have time for one currently.”

“Oh… is that so?” the lead dancer opted to play a card from Evelynn’s deck. “Is my touch affecting you so much?” she asked, lowering her tone to a barely hearable whisper. “Is it turning you on that much, darling?”

“Kai, I love you; you know I do. But, please, don’t ever try to mimic Eve,” Akali whispered back whilst returning a smile. “I love you for the sweetheart you truly are. Though on top of that, you’re still one of the most badass women I know. But, please, leave Eve’s tricks to Eve. After all, she had some insane practice with the charming other people.”

“Fine, fine, fine,” the dark-haired dancer laughed. “You have a point, I must admit on that. Though I should feel betrayed that you love her more than me. I’d assume her hourglass figure is to be blamed for that?”

“I love her waistline and breasts, that’s for sure,” Akali cheesily responded. “However, your peachy ass is still the best in the house. Not to mention these thighs!”

“Is that so? Should I punish you for such a bold statement or reward?” the lead dancer hummed, starting to play with Akali’s hair. “I think I’ll stick to the reward,” she whispered a moment later, leaning in. “I’m thinking about some kisses.”

The rapper reacted within a moment shorter than a blink of an eye. With little to no effort, the dark-haired dancer was grabbed, reversing their positions a moment later. So, a moment later, Kai’sa found herself pinned to the couch under Akali’s weight. The dark-haired rapper smiled at her lover, leaning in to steal the quick yet sweet kiss.

“That’s the most you can get now,” Akali giggled. “And don’t even think about pouting; we have work to do. So behave, and I’ll think about a proper reward for you, Kai,” she flashed a mischievous smile.

“I need to talk to Eve, then,” the dreamer spoke. “I need to know how does she manage to keep you on a leash.”

“Hey!” the dark-haired rapper protested, pouting herself.

***

 

“Hello, darlings,” the once magenta-haired diva uttered toward the camera. “We, as KDA, decided to share a little secret with you, our dearest fans,” she used her silken tone. “So, without further waste of time, let the show begins.”

Once she dealt with the opening, she casually turned around, heading toward the nearest room. However, after only a few steps, the siren turned around again.

“Oh come one, you’re going we me,” Evelynn spoke, inviting the camera’s operator with the curl of her index finger.

Then, as if nothing happened, the diva proceeded forth, quickly gaining a distance over the operator. However, the situation was fixed soon enough. The camera began moving forward rapidly as the moan-like sounds started coming from the adjacent room. Within seconds, the background was filled with joyful music whilst a short text appeared on display.

Joy – Touch by touch.

 

Chapter 15: Heart full of fire (part 2)

Notes:

2022-05-31: Hey, here is a preview of the story’s next chapter. Please, bear in mind that it is, as mentioned, a preview. Some parts of it might not be included in the final release. I will try to finish this chapter as soon as possible. I would like to clean up some of the tasks in my schedule, and right now, there are many chapters queued there.

2022-06-03: Hey, a small update for the chapter.

2022-06-07: Hey, a small update. It was not edited though. I will do it tomorrow.

2022-06-15: Hey, this piece is finally done. Sorry, it has taken me too long to complete. But, at the very least, it is finally there. I will try to write something else as soon as possible.

Info: I will post one additional preview tomorrow. It will most likely be the next chapter of `Family Tree`. However, it is not yet set in stone.

Don’t forget to comment. I really appreciate your feedback.

Note that the dialogues written in italic are thoughts.

As always, I would like to thank you for everything. See you soon :)

Changelog:
[2022-05-31]: A preview was released.
[2022-06-03]: The chapter was updated. I have managed to add around 800 words.
[2022-06-07]: The chapter was updated. I have managed to add around 600 words.
[2022-06-15]: The chapter was updated. Its final version was released.

Info: Overall, the current plan is for me to write ‘My home is where my heart lies’ and ‘Family tree’ alternatively. Between the updates of these stories, I will try to upload other texts. Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to finish some of the short stories. However, I truly doubt that. It seems that most if not all of the stories will be extended both in terms of the time and the number of chapters.

Info: I will try to rewrite some of the older chapters between releasing new ones. I expect to start working on that goal in the middle of January. So, please be informed that the new chapters might take a bit longer to be finished and published.

Bonuses’ section:
A new story taking place in the Warhammer 40k universe.
Story of one lost soul: The war call: rewrite.
An entirely new story (possibly Akali x [Irelia, Syndra, Katarina]).
A new short story (Vi x Cait).
An entirely original story (possibly even 2 stories, one taking place in medieval times, the other in the far future)

References:
Brother Firetribe - Heart Full of Fire
Nightwish - Sleeping sun
Megadeath - Tornado of Souls
Motorhead - One more fucking time
Pentakill - Lightbringer

*bonuses will be worked on when I don’t feel like writing the chapters pointed out in the schedule :D

Chapter Text

However, the silence caused by the initial surprise did not last forever.

“Who do you think is the second guitarist?” Quinn asked.

“Maybe another Noxian?” Sarah replied with a humming sound. “I don’t really know. It seems to matter only a little. After all, if they agreed to sign this guitarist, he or she should be goodish,” she added afterwards.

“Yeah, I can totally see them having another Noxian in the squad,” Sivir agreed, nodding eagerly. “However, I’d much rather see another hot chick there,” she stated, making dreamy eyes.

“Does it already qualify as `useless lesbian`, Sarah?” Sejuani asked, giggling quietly.

“Oh… yeah, I think we’ve already crossed that line long ago,” the pirate uttered.

It took Talon more than a couple of prolonged moments to get through the crowd. But frankly, whilst they had still been disoriented/surprised, his task was far easier. Regardless of the situation, the young man pushed forward, trying to reach the stage as soon as possible. Then, once the temporary goal was met, he accepted a helping hand from the giant. Mordekaiser basically lifted him from the ground into the platform effortlessly. Then, both men shared a hug before Talon took the microphone.

“Good evening to all of you,” the Noxian started. “It won’t be an understatement if I say that I’m shaking to the bone. From the crowd, performing looks so damn easy; I must say,” he added, chuckling and brushing his dark hair. “Nevertheless, it’s a freaking honour to stand here beside these legends. For me, it’s like a dream coming true. But, for you, it must be a shocker that it’s me who will replace Mordekaiser. But, let me guarantee that you won’t be disappointed. After all, I won’t be alone in filling such huge shoes,” the man continued after a brief pause. “Still, don’t allow me to prolong this situation. It’s high time for me to present you with the second guitarist. So, without further delay… Kata, don’t look at me like that,” he interrupted his speech, looking at his girlfriend, who was visually pissed off. “So, as I was speaking, let us welcome my guitarist partner, our little, not-so-little ninja, Akali,” Talon finally finished the sentence.

The reaction to the second announcement was far more noticeable than to the previous one. It would not have been an understatement to state that everyone froze instantly, shocked by the unexpected turn of events. The only one who seemed unphased by it was the red-haired Noxian, Katarina. The appraised assassin continued to stare at her boyfriend, her fists clenched, whitening slowly. Due to her skin-fitting outfit tonight, the woman was quite recognisable even amongst the crowd.

A few moments passed before any noticeable movement could have been spotted through the gathered individuals. It must have been the said woman; everyone was sure about that. However, her image was quite shocking, to say the least. Akali’s long and dark as raven’s down hair was put into a ponytail. She was confidently approaching the stage; every stride she took only confirmed that. Quinn could not tear her eyes from the astonishing ninja. As mentioned earlier, her clothes were unusual, especially for someone conventional as Akali. Clad with skin-fit trousers, greyish corset, white mantel, and heels, she was a killer. The scout must have swallowed a moan-like before it escaped her slightly parted lips. Oh… she was both enjoying and hating this situation too much.

The raven-haired ninja was apparently in a playful mood. There was virtually no other justification for the actions she would not usually do. Akali’s hip swayed freely, mocking and luring both men and women toward her. Considering the extent to which her physical appeals were highlighted, it was not difficult to fall for that cheap and dirty but highly effective trick. It took only a couple of the extra seconds for Quinn to realise that she shamelessly stared into Akali’s bust.

The scout lowered her gaze as a wave of a sudden heat washed over her face. It was a truly embarrassing situation. However, deep inside, she knew that she would not blame herself for that. Quinn only wished that her abrupt reaction was not noticed amongst the overall chaos. But unfortunately, as soon as she lifted her head, she knew it was only a faint hope. Even though Sivir and Sarah eagerly continued to watch the ninja, Sejuani had her blue eyes fixated on the scout. The redhead Demacian decided to turn her eyes back toward the stage without overthinking. Still, she could feel the northern woman’s gaze burning a hole inside her back.

Even though Akali reached the platform relatively quickly, it felt weirdly longer than in reality. The ninja did not use any external help to enter the stage compared to Talon. Instead, Akali simply hopped in, making the feat look trivial and effortless. Then, just like her predecessor, she hugged Mordekaiser. Afterwards, she exchanged a quick hug with the Noxian, flashing a broad smile. But, of course, what she did had its consequences. Katarina, visibly pissed even before, started shaking as if ready to cross the distance between them and start a fist fight. Thankfully, the rest of the Noxian’s crew calmed her down in time.

In the meantime, the raven-haired ninja and the Noxian approached the instruments prepared for them. First, Talon adjusted the hanging strap for his white explorer guitar whilst Akali tested the instrument before plugging it in. Then, when both of them were satisfied with their setup, they returned to the front of the platform. The ninja’s left hand held the steel-black super strat effortlessly.

“Eh,” the raven-haired woman sighed at first. “I know it is really confusing and shocking. But, to some extent, I might be as unsettled as you are. It might be really challenging to explain what I feel now,” she added, flashing a small smile. “So, let me start from the beginning. I know that for most of you, it is unexpected that I, a little ninja, will replace the living legend that stands beside me. If not for Talon’s recommendation, I would not stand here, to tell the truth. But, in all honesty, I am glad that I can participate in this show,” she added, stopping for a few short moments. “I will not lie; I am a little stressed. But… it does matter little. You have come here to have some fun, and we are here to provide with you as much as possible. Although, I could talk to you longer, possibly infinitely longer. It might be a waste of time. So, instead, please allow me to introduce our second vocalist. It will not be an understatement if I say that she is more than a support for Khartus. Personally, I think she is the most destructive person in our little crew. So, without further delays, I present to you our new vocalist, Syndra. I hope you will reward her with applause for her hard work and perfectionism,” Akali finished, pointing toward the skies.

At first, most of the gathered people completely disregarded that gesture, opting to stare at the Ionian. But, in truth, that decision was understandable, at least to some extent. After all, when would be the next time Akali wore such an unorthodox outfit. However, after a brief, fading moment, something began shining in the skies above them. Indeed, something bright was slowly falling from heaven like a star coming down the earth. And even though the object’s details remained blurred, especially considering the distance, all knew who it was.

Syndra gracefully landed within the next couple of seconds. But, it was only a part of the play; it was evident that the sorcerer decided to prolong her spectacular entrance, making it more dramatic. And in fact, she achieved that goal easily. As the flames that surrounded the mage during the flight began fading away, a beautiful snowy-white balldress could have been admired. A silver diadem that crowned Syndra’s forehead contrasted with her thick, wavy, dark hair.

A few seconds passed before the sorcerer rose up from her knee, presenting herself fully. Then, with grace similar to a cat, the woman closed the gap between herself and the newest guitarists. A loud thud caused by her heeled boots could easily reach the venue’s ends thanks to the complete silence. Though compared to the previously announced, the mage acted reserved. As she headed toward the microphone, a pair of long gloves materialised, then slowly put on.

“Dear me, sorry for being late,” the white-haired woman started as soon as she reached the device. “I honestly thought that my predecessors would do a better job. Frankly, I expected them to be done with the presentation much sooner. But, as it is commonly done, let it be,” she continued. Her deep and rich voice was pleasant to listen to, but it was apparent that the woman was being bossy, too bossy. “Nevertheless, it appears appropriate to thank Akali for my announcement, even though it was unnecessarily prolonged. Eh… I shall let it slip this time. So, you are here to have some fun, heh?” Syndra threw a question toward the crowd.

And… as expected, it did not take long for a response to arise.

“Oh, it seems that I might have underestimated you,” Syndra commented whilst curling a strand of her hair with her finger. “So, be it. Our dear guest, let me present to you the very first song of the night. Talon, Akali, I would want something slow and emotional for the starter,” the woman added, referring to the guitarist.

These two waited a few moments for Mordekaiser to bow and leave the stage for the one last time. Then, they allowed the silence to take the rule before the first notes were played. Nearly instantly, the air was filled with the soft sounds of the guitars, weaving the beginning of a beautiful ballad. The other instruments were soon to follow in, enriching the song and helping to shape it. For a couple of seconds, Syndra remained silent, apparently enjoying the music, considering the small smile that appeared on her plump lips. The white-haired woman waited for a perfect moment to join in. And… when it finally came, she blew away all the unbelievers, doubters.

`I wish for this night-time to last for a lifetime.`

The sorcerer effortlessly reached the opera level, displaying the capabilities of her voice. But, frankly, the mage might have been simply flexing. This realisation could be further proven by not-so-rare moments when the singer prolonged particular notes, just for her skill and pride.

“I can’t believe it’s Syndra,” at some point, Sivir commented. “With that level of sex appeal, I’m hers at a moment’s notice. And… that voice,” the treasure hunter continued to daydream and droll over the said mage.

“I don’t think it’s possible,” Sarah said a moment later, giggling slightly. “It appears that someone else has already caught her eye. Look, something must be going on between her and Sona. The way she’s looking at the muse… is tantalising.”

“Fuck; damn it!” the bounty hunter cursed loud enough to gain a few people’s attention.

“She’s out of our league, gal,” the pirate captain said. “You know the drill; the mid-laners gotta stick together. Sadly, as far as I remember, it has always been that way.”

“Eh,” Sivir sighed, shaking her head with discontent. “I just… I’m just jealous. Look at her hips; look at these curves. I’d love to have these for me, alongside these breasts. But, on the second thought, the smile is both so beautiful and wicked,” she continued speaking up her mind.

“You start to scare me,” Quinn commented. “But, for now, please shut the fuck up. I would like to listen to the show.”

“Oh,” Sejuani burst into laughter. “Who’s caught your eye, Scout?”

“That’s beyond the point,” the Demacian woman complained, reddening slightly.

“Yes, we can clearly see that,” the northern woman continued to laugh.

“Thank you for a warm welcome to our first song of the night,” Syndra’s voice pierced through the cacophony of sounds generated by the crowd. “To be perfectly frank, this song was too slow for our magnificent guitarists to show off their skills. So, how about giving them something better suited for that particular goal? How about we spice the event a little bit? So, without further delays, here’s the Tornado of souls,” she announced the next track, not waiting for the fans’ response.

As promised, the atmosphere changed instantaneously. The slow and mysterious melody vanished, replaced by a much faster and heavier riff. Both of the guitarists stepped forward, going as far as the very edge of the platform. There, they stopped and then turned around to continue the performance back to back. To say that the song was energetic would be equal to saying nothing. Its rapid pace seemed, at times, tiresome, but at the same time, the climax approached fast. Once it arrived, some of the newer people amongst the crowd frowned. Though the solo was the track’s peak, it was nothing like the rest of the song. The raw and heavy melody turned 180 degrees in what seemed to be a blink of an eye. The solo part was melodic, much softer, and genuinely intriguing. And… the gathered fans absolutely loved the change.

However, after a brief moment, the track’s performance concluded, leaving the crowd with an internal struggle. That struggle was a pure and undeniable hunger; the fans wanted more, so much more.

“Hmm… I see that you are enjoying yourself so far?” Karthus said, smirking at the nameless mob. “I wonder whether it is already a time for us to make a little journey in time? Before my eyes, I can see the thick, unpenetrable darkness. Though amongst the shadows, something, someone, is stirring out of eternal slumber. Oh… I can recognise it; it is our good friend, saviour, the Lightbringer!” the last sentence was turned into a scream. “So, let us delve into the past and meet it once again. Talon, Akali, give us a proper entrance.”

The guitarist only exchanged smiles before making a proper space for Yorick to start the beloved song. The grave keeper began slapping his bass’ thick strings, masterfully bringing the dark tones toward the edges of the venue. For a few prolonged moments, the entire glory was allowed to be poured onto the bassist. After all, that legendary melody was his creation, at the very least partially. Still, soon enough, Akali and Talon did join, reforging the piece. It had everything that the original one had, but, at the same time, it felt somehow refreshing and, one dared to say, heavier.

The track, to some extent, seemed like a conversation of sorts between the two guitarists. Moreover, once one of them started improvising on a fly, the other reacted instantly. It was an interesting proposition that so happened to sink deep into the crowd. Regardless, it would be an understatement to say that they managed to keep the level. Oh no, Akali and Talon reforged the song, making it better and longer. However, as it often happens, there is only so much some individuals can do.

After a while, the guitars’ sounds faded away, confusing the gathered people. After all, the part all of these people waited for was within their reach. Though apparently, the band was not 100% sure how to approach it. For a couple of moments, the guitarists kept exchanging stares, not entirely convinced who should deal with the current song’s segment. Some tension could have been felt emitting from the stage. However, it did not last long. After another second or so, Akali pushed herself toward the stage’s edge, resuming the guitar part. The stress and uncertainty that the ninja was going through were easily spottable. To help the Ionian woman, Talon fastly approached, clapping with his hand to encourage the raven-haired woman. It did seem to affect Akali, but not by a large margin. However, thankfully, the crowd picked up the gesture, showing their support loud and clear. And… that overwhelming gesture had a much more transparent effect. As soon as the original solo concluded, Akali decided to prolong it, improvising.

When it seemed that the solo part was about to conclude, Talon disrupted the natural flow once again. As Akali’s guitar started to get softer and softer, the Noxian assassin picked up the lead, instantly putting the pedal to the metal. His improvisation was short and impulsive, but it served its purpose. The said conversation between the guitarists flared up anew. The Ionian picked up the lead, extending the track even further. It did seem as if they practised these kinds of interactions for months, but the sad or maybe awe-inspiring realisation soon kicked in. All of this was but an emotional gesture born out of the heat of the moment. Still, it was only a matter of time before the piece finally ended. However, for some, it could be argued that it lingered a little longer within.

Then, something upmost unexpected happened. All of the instruments died out, leaving the venue in painful silence. The band members turned around a little later, fixing their gazes upon the drums. Some chaos manifested, unplanned. Finally, the drummer stood up, pointing out his hands with his head. Even though the man tried to play unaffected, his jaw was clenched, unmistakenly telling that he was in pain. For the next couple of moments, the chaotic situation was allowed to continue, furtherly confusing the gathered people.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Talon stepped forward, slightly troubled.

“Eh,” the man started with a heavy sigh. “I don’t know how to say that. But, we’ll need to finish the performance much earlier than we planned. As you might have seen, Olaf injured himself whilst playing. Please, don’t panic; it’s nothing severe, but he won’t be able to continue to play, at least for now,” he added blankly, gesturing extensively.

“What if someone replaced him? Would you continue in such a situation?” someone from the crowd questioned. After a brief moment, Quinn realised that it was her who had spoken up.

“If it’s the case, we’d continue without an ounce of hesitation. It’d be an honour for us,” the dark-haired Noxian responded, not entirely sure who was he speaking to.

“Quinn,” Sivir called the scout, hitting her ribs lightly. “Come on, go big or go home.”

“But…” the Demacian woman started.

“There’s no escape now. You can’t back down,” Sarah backed the treasure huntress, smiling widely.

“Go, little scout,” Sejuani uttered, chuckling. “Show them what you’re made of,” she added, pushing the redhead slightly toward the stage.

To add up to that pitiful situation, Quinn’s friend and loyal companion, Valor, descended from the skies, landing gracefully on the woman’s shoulder. The bird’s action caught the attention of the people gathered around them. As the others started to move back, gaining some distance from Valor, the bird began pecking on the scout’s hair. But, of course, that was enough for the Noxian assassin to notice her.

“Quinn?” Talon asked as if not believing his eyes. “We’re honoured; please hop onto the stage,” he reflected a moment later.

The Demacian woman rolled her eyes, not wanting to admit how scared and conflicted she was right now. But, she was left with no other way out of the current situation. So, as quickly as she could, the gap between her and the platform vanished. After a fleeting moment, she reached the stage’s edge, where Talon had already waited for her. The man offered Quinn a hand, lifting her onto the platform with some minor problems. But then, the redhead did not know what to do next. For a moment or so, she stood still, looking around. The confusion and conflicted nature of her behaviour must have been noticed by Akali, for she approached her with a broad smile, offering a new set of drumming sticks. As the scout returned the gesture, the ninja leaned in, whispering.

“Let’s do it; you will do well,” the raven-haired woman whispered, then took a step back. “Oh, and before I forget, the next song will be `Save Me`,” she added, winking playfully at the Demacian.

It took the redhead a couple of seconds to get to the drums. Her hands were sweaty; her posture tensed, uneasy. The stress level the woman was going through could be seen easily. Then, as she was adjusting the current setup, she spotted Yorick, who assisted Olaf in leaving the stage. The northern Viking nodded slightly toward the scout, grinning openly. Even though, in reality, the adjustments took the woman a short while, inside her head, it lasted much longer. In the meantime, the guitarists decided to entertain the fans with a mixture of improvisations. Although the red-haired woman only listened to them partially, she could safely assume they were doing great.

Finally, when everything was set, and the Demacian woman was ready, she nodded shortly toward Karthus. The tall man returned the gesture, uttering a couple of swift orders toward the rest of the crew. Then, after these got dealt with, the whole band began playing again. The soft melody carried mainly by the guitars was allowed to sound unaffected for more than a minute before the pale vocalist opted to join in. His voice was quiet and soft, so different from their usual repertoire.

After only a brief moment, Quinn started to feel as if in a trance of sorts. The parts she was required to play were played mechanically. It would not have been an understatement if the redhead stated that the whole world was gone, for her, at least. But instead, she could only focus on the drums surrounding her from 3 sides. Time passed by in its usual manner, but Quinn found herself unable to notice when a particular track started or ended.

“Hmm,” a loud hum sounded. “As I can see, you’re enjoying yourself. That’s a piece of fantastic news for us, especially right before this particular song. So, I’d like to invite you on yet another time travel with us. This time, it’ll be a track that’s very meaningful to me. So, without further white noises, `One more fucking time,`” the vocalist announced the next piece. “But, before we delve into the past, please reward Quinn for her performance so far. She subbed in suddenly, and as far as I can tell, she’s killing it. So, please, give it a round of applause for our Demacian redhead.”

The band waited for the better part of the next minute for the applauses to conclude. Then, the already-announced song began, filling the venue with a soft and emotionally packed melody. It took the scout a few moments to join in. She sought a perfect rhythm and balance. Then, nothingness came back. The world ceased to exist as if someone casts a spell on her. All of her interactions got simplified to a simple pattern, action and reaction.

`Both your eyes wide open; you see the shape I am in.`

Even though the original version was composed to feature only a male vocal, the band’s duo easily adjusted to the challenge presented before them. Their voices mixed well, adding an extra layer of depth to the track. In the meantime, both Talon and Akali tried their hardest to make the piece sound unique yet withhold the original legacy. And… to the surprise of many, they made it work.

It only took a moment before the fans began chanting, showing their unyielding support through shouts, applause, and more. Soon enough, the song started concluding with the solo part simultaneously rising and fading away. It was an excellent piece of music, a brief moment filled with raw, uncontrolled emotions and passion. However, that part stayed largely unaffected by the guitarists’ influence. They paid the tribute by leaving the improvisation for later and sticking to the original sound. Even though the number of guitars performing the track technically doubled, Akali and Talon managed to find a balance.

After the last note was allowed to fade into oblivion, the silence rolled in, taking over the reign. Finally, Syndra pushed herself forward, approaching the stage’s edge. The microphone was still held in her delicate hands. However, the gloves must have been discarded at some point.

“It has been something else, hasn’t it?” the Ionian sorcerer asked whilst wiping the sweat out of her forehead. “As sad as it might sound, the next track will be the last for tonight. However, worry not; we have a plan on how to spice these final moments of the performance. So, fasten your seatbelts; it’ll be an entertaining piece. So, Talon, Akali, I’d roll in, `Heart full of fire.`”

As the very first bars of the piece were played by Talon, Akali approached the surprised drummer, dragging a microphone. In the meantime, Syndra closed the gap between her and Sona, pulling the keyboardist into a bear hug. Then, she entangled her right arm around Sona’s neck, moving a bit closer.

“Do not worry, Quinn,” the Ionian ninja said rather cheerfully. “We will go through it soundly. However, it is high time for us to show them that they are not the only ones capable of singing,” she added, then shooting a single wink toward the drummer.

After that, the raven-haired woman let go of her mantel. The same fate was shared by Talon’s cloak a moment later.

When the Demacian scout finally mustered enough courage to lift her gaze, to meet the ninja’s eyes, she gasped silently. The Ionian woman had her eyes fixated on her; within these irises, a mixture of somehow conflicted emotions could be seen. The redhead only managed to unveil a small percentage of these. Within this group, the trust could be obviously named. However, there were feelings that the red-haired woman could not be named appropriately. Nevertheless, Quinn was brought back to reality when the ninja put the standing microphone a little closer.

Finally, Akali nodded toward Talon, allowing him to start the last song. The dark-haired man did not wait too long to comply. The prelude was improvised to only partially resemble the original track. However, after a few seconds, the Ionian took back the lead, properly starting the piece. As the bars were slowly played, the people gathered around the venue began moving like a singular being. A literal sea of bodies moved ever so slowly, matching the track’s rhythm. It was a relaxing time that sadly did not last long. Soon enough, she was required to sing alongside the Ionian, and Quinn had a bad feeling about that.

To the scout’s utter surprise, her and Akali’s voices mixed surprisingly well, presenting an interesting alternative to Syndra’s powerful voice. Motivated by the first success, Quinn was ready to continue, eagerly awaiting her next part.

To anyone’s surprise, the piece’s climax moment happened all too soon.

`We’ve got this thing together

Something holds my body forever

The time is right so take me now

Take me now.`

Once the last words were uttered, Talon proceeded to perform the solo part. However, for the red-haired scout, it mattered little to no. She got caught staring at the ninja. Akali’s smile was mesmerising, intoxicating to the extent that the scout smiled broadly as well.

Not long after, the gig was finally concluded. After all that time, the Demacian woman needed to stretch a little. The drums were left behind without a moment of consideration. Then, the loud gasps that could be heard from the crowd caught Quinn’s attention. With a quick look around, she managed to locate the source of the entertainment. Syndra and Sona shared a long, passionate kiss that could last forever.

“You did not know?” Akali asked, lightly poking the Demacian woman’s ribs.

“No,” Quinn replied, a little shocked. “Well, some of my companions had their consideration regarding these two. But, fuck… I mean, I didn’t know. I wouldn’t expect that.”

“Strange,” the raven-haired woman simply replied whilst putting her instrument aside. “It has been going on for quite a long time, actually. Hmm,” she hummed. “I think our little Sona is the only person who can effortlessly control that volcano of emotions we know under the name of Syndra,” she allowed herself to giggle slightly.

“How do you know all of that?”

“Well… let’s just say that I have made it a little easier for them to get along,” Akali responded, shrugging nonchalantly.

“How so?” the scout inquired to know more.

“Oh, dear,” the ninja chuckled. “It is a really long story. It would be a lie if I said that I did not fall for her in the past. However, after some time, I have met someone else. And… it made me reconsider some of my decisions. But, I knew that Sona was interested in Syndra. So, naturally, I wanted to help them out. Of course, from the shadows, that is,” she added, continuing to chuckle.

“Who’s that lucky one?” the Demacian asked before she could think about it.

“Oh, you have not figured that out yet?”

“Wait, you aren’t talking about me, right?” the redhead squeaked.

“Then… let me ask you a question. Do you see anyone else here?”

“No.”

“So, you know the answer, my adorable dork.”

“Am I dreaming?” Quinn asked, reddening heavily.

“If it is the case, I will make it a good dream,” the Ionian ninja uttered, closing the distance between them entirely. Then, she cupped Quinn’s jaw, kissing her momentarily.

Even though the scout was obviously shocked, her body reacted independently. So, after only a brief moment, her arms were entangled over Akali’s nape whilst her lips tried to keep up with her new apparent lover.

Chapter 16: Heaven and Hell (part 1)

Notes:

2022-12-06: Hey, here is a preview of the story’s next chapter. Please, bear in mind that it is, as mentioned, a preview. Some parts of it might not be included in the final release. I will try to finish this chapter as soon as possible. I would like to clean up some of the tasks in my schedule, and right now, there are many chapters queued there.

2022-12-11: Hey, I have a small update for you. Let me know what do you think?

2022-12-30: Hey, I have managed to write some update. What do you think about it? Do you like it, or is it rather bad?

2023-01-07: Hey, the first chapter is finally concluded. Tell me what do you think?

Info: Ok, let me start with what I promised in the last chapter of `My home is where my heart lies`. So, I often find myself not motivated enough to progress through the story, to write something refreshing and good. And thus, I feel like I will be splitting the story into 3 parts, aka the initial story will be split into 3 separate works. It will allow me to finish one part, re-read it, and think about changes that are necessary to take place. Furthermore, I feel like I have made a lot of mistakes throughout these nearly 3 years of writing this story. And... a lot of these come from a simple concept; I have started too many stories, and I have not been able to conclude virtually any of these. Moreover, my writing style and English proficiency drastically changed/evolved throughout this time. As you might know, I’m a perfectionist; I would love each and every one of my chapters to hold the same standard, to be simply the best. And... yet, with my knowledge of language broadening, it would require me to completely rewrite the story to maintain more or less the same level. And, as you might expect, it would take me ages to do so. So, as I have said, I will try to conclude the first part of this series as soon as possible. Nevertheless, I expect that I will need at least 3 - 5 chapters to do so.

Don’t forget to comment. I really appreciate your feedback.

Note that the dialogues written in italic are thoughts.

As always, I would like to thank you for everything. See you soon :)

Changelog:
[2022-12-06]: A preview has been released.
[2022-12-11]: The chapter was updated; I have managed to add around 600 words.
[2022-12-30]: The chapter was updated; I have managed to add around 800 words.
[2023-01-07]: The chapter was updated; I have managed to add around 700 words. The final version was released.

Info: As promised, here is the preview for the next chapter. I will try to finish it asap, but as nearly always, I can promise you when the piece will be finished. Anyway, Enjoy :)

Info: Overall, the current plan is for me to write ‘My home is where my heart lies’ and ‘Family tree’ alternatively. Between the updates of these stories, I will try to upload other texts. Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to finish some of the short stories. However, I truly doubt that. It seems that most if not all of the stories will be extended both in terms of the time and the number of chapters.

Info: I will try to rewrite some of the older chapters between releasing new ones. I expect to start working on that goal in the middle of January. So, please be informed that the new chapters might take a bit longer to be finished and published.

Bonuses’ section:
A new story taking place in the Warhammer 40k universe.
Story of one lost soul: The war call: rewrite.
An entirely new story (possibly Akali x [Irelia, Syndra, Katarina]).
A new short story (Vi x Cait).
An entirely original story (possibly even 2 stories, one taking place in medieval times, the other in the far future)
Bleach story. (Byakuya x Yoruichi / ?)
Naruto story. (Neji x Hinata / Neji x TenTen / Nagato x Konan)
Fairy Tail story. (most likely Erza x Mira)
Maybe some Star Wars?

References:
Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell - Heaven and Hell

*bonuses will be worked on when I don’t feel like writing the chapters pointed out in the schedule :D

Chapter Text


Introduction:


The term: judgment day can be found in many religions or cults. Though the definition and course of the said event would most likely differ in details, the reasoning behind the Apocalypse usually stayed the same, for humanity to pay for their sinful life. For example, Christians believe that the final seal will be shattered at the end of time, releasing Evil to wreak havoc upon the world. Then, the land would be scoured by the 4 riders of Apocolypse.

Well, the problem with this vision is that it was mistranslated. In fact, as soon as the final seal is lifted, a war begins. The war between angelic Heaven and demonic Hell. Make no mistake, my dear listener, this moment is nearly upon us. Hence, sit comfortably and spectate with me as the events unfold. How about we start our story in Hell?


Hell:


The cacophonous mess of sounds surrounded the palace. The voices of untold billions of souls screaming in pain as their eternal suffering continued filled the air. Even for high-ranking demons, this chaos was barely acceptable, as it was challenging to focus on anything. Nonetheless, Akali was summoned as part of that mentioned high council. And… it would have been disastrous to openly oppose the will of the Hell’s King, Lucifer. So, without alternatives, the white-haired demoness arrived as she had been instructed.

The cathedral-like construction known as the Devil’s palace was nothing but a symbol of the corruption that had been consuming humanity for ages. These punny humans could believe as much as they wanted that religion would save them. But, in reality, the faith only amplified the inherited hatred that lurks inside every man. Oh, how cynical was it to witness the so-called holy wars. The demoness remembered spectating these events first-handily. It must have been admitted that some of these kings, soldiers, or even priests, could muster more hatred and malevolence than demons. Hence, offering some shady advice or propositions was trivial, making their downfall far more severe. Akali had some thrilling memories connected with these events. For example, she could remember the moment she had ripped the emperor’s soul out of his drowned body. The moment the man realised what was happening was carved into the demoness’s consciousness. Till the end, the emperor believed that the decision to cross the rushing river was his own. The white-haired woman flashed a malevolent smirk, then took him straight to the inner circle of Hell. Yes, these were fond memories.

It was reckless to wander around without paying an ounce of attention to the surroundings. Yet, Akali did so precisely. With her mind fully preoccupied with the retrospection of past events, she did not care what was happening around her. One could say that the demoness was walking with her head in clouds. But, of course, if there were clouds in Hell.

“Commander Ilgrith,” a familiar hoarse voice sounded nearby. “We haven’t expected you to arrive so soon.”

“It is not wise to keep the king waiting,” Akali responded, searching for her speaker. “Nonetheless, it is good to see you again, Azudath, my friend,” the demoness added a moment later. “What is the reasoning behind such a sudden call? Do you have any intel about that?” she inquired.

“Unfortunately, nothing that would unveil this mystery, Commander,” Azudath said.

“How long have we known each other, Azudath?” the white-haired demoness changed the topic not so subtly.

“I believe…” the demon started, humming as he thought. “I believe it was 3 thousand years ago, around Christians’ holy wars,” he finished after a brief pause.

“Exactly,” the Commander commented, taking a step forward. “So, please do not try to title me. And… more so, do not use my official name. Here, in Hell, I am simply Akali,” the white-haired woman stated rather coldly.

“As you wish, Commander… Akali,” the demon slowly responded.

“That is better, but I take it will take you some time to adjust,” Akali said, turning toward the bloody-red painted gates of the castle. “Let’s go, Azudath. Let us not keep Lucifer waiting,” she added, gesturing for the other demon to follow her.

For a fleeting moment, the demoness expected Azudath to speak back, but instead, he shook his head and followed her. This small victory was noted by a barely visible smirk playing on the white-haired woman’s lips. But unfortunately, the stroll lasted only briefly. It might have taken them around a minute or so to climb the 100-steps stairway leading to the gates. But, as soon as they faced the entrance, its guardians came back to life. Across the whole stairway, the gargoyles statues were located on the sides. One could have mistakenly taken them for a creepy piece of decoration. But, the reality was far more sinister. These statues were eternal guardians of the palace. Or, at the very least, its first line of defence.

“State your purpose!” the closest of the gargoyles spat at Akali. “Lucifer, the king of Hell, is not to be disturbed!”

“Eh,” the demoness sighed, annoyed with the situation. “Back off!” she ordered the stone construct. “I am Commander Ilgrith, the leader of the ninth Legion,” she added whilst taking a step forward.

“Prove it!” the other statue thundered. “Show us the insignia!” it demanded.

“Let it be your way,” Akali growled. Then, she reached out under her breastplate to retrieve a golden neckless formed to resemble a bull. “Satisfied?!” the woman inquired a moment later.

“Who is accompanying you?” another question was asked by the gate’s guardians.

“The name is Azudath, the leader of the twentieth Legion. The Legion’s insignia is a wild boar,” the white-haired Commander stated. “Can we proceed? We are expected by the King and the High Council.”

“You may go,” the first of the gargoyles replied, forsaking a hostile tone. “Bring a victory for the king!” the statues roared, visibly returning to their lifeless form a moment later.

The demoness fought off the want to loudly express her discontent. Even though the effort was fruitful, it took a moment or two. Then, without uttering a single word, she entered the cathedral-like building.

There was one wish lurking in Akali’s mind. The Commander hoped that the encounter with the gargoyles would not cause her to be late for the meeting. But, considering the King insisted on inviting her, the whole council would be gathered. And… it meant that she would face both Leviathan and Beelzebub soon enough. It was not a forbidden knowledge between the demons that Akali did not have a good relationship with these two exactly. Some demons would describe this power struggle as a competition or rivalry. But, in reality, it was an open conflict between two opposite factions.

Even though Akali rarely visited the King’s palace, she knew the layout by heart. This knowledge proved helpful as the demoness allowed her consciousness to roam freely, trying to devise a strategy of sorts for the upcoming meeting. But… that task was seemingly more challenging than she would have wanted it to be.

It took the Commanders a good while to get to the building’s summit. However, whilst climbing through seemingly endless stairways, one could think that there were no guards inside the palace. But, as you might already anticipate, that would have been false speculation. Every corner, every wall could hide an entity that pledged a vow to Lucifer. So, for those foolish enough to trespass the Devil’s lair, there were plenty of surprises awaiting.

Still, it was difficult to describe the feeling. Hence, the earlier Akali entered the throne room, the better. She did not particularly like to be surrounded by millions of tonnes of stone. The knowledge of being constantly watched only furtherly fueled the demoness’ paranoia.

“You may enter,” a familiar voice of the Devil himself sounded before the party could reach the massive steel door.

“Lucifer is getting impatient,” Akali whispered so quietly that only Azudath could hear her.

“It sounds like that,” the twentieth Legion leader agreed. “So, we should hurry up, shouldn’t we?”

As the question did not require a response of any sort, they quickened up their pace and reached the entrance in no time. Like many other things within the cathedral-like construction, the throne room’s door was bound by a spell. The magic recognised them, opening the entrance to allow them the pass.

The temperature inside the room was definitely way higher than in the seemingly endless stairway they crossed. Technically, this effect could have been achieved by the furnace-like pedestals located in the room’s corner. However, until proven, there was no certainty in that statement at all.

To many, the size of the Devil’s seat of power would have been confusing. Well, one would have expected the throne room to be enormously large to plant a seed of doubt in the visitors’ hearts. But, it would be sufficient to say that it was all but nonsense. In reality, the council’s meeting room was rather small. In the very centre of it, a round table was placed with multiple maps lying over it. And as of that moment, 3 demons were standing beside the table. Slightly behind it was an infamous throne built entirely from sinners’ bones. As far as Akali was concerned, the idea behind the furnishing was dull and plain stupid. The armchair must have been ridiculously uncomfortable to sit upon.

Only the King of Hell, Lucifer, noticed their entrance. Even though he could manipulate his form to fit all his desires, the Devil usually chose to be seen as a mere human. His human frame was tall yet slender, unhealthy pale with long black raven-down hair. Only his true identity remained in his eyes, lurking behind an appealing cover. These orbs of seemingly molten fire were as wild as Hell’s fire. He gestured toward the commanders to come closer, to join them in the council’s meeting.

Directly in front of the Devil, Leviathan stood, leaning against the table’s edge. As much as Akali did not like the arch-demon, his accomplishments spoke highly of his skills. And, the Commander was a woman of action, not words, so she respected that detail. His frame was a mix of human and serpent. His skin was virtually a scale layer much more defensively potent than any armour. Leviathan loved to surround himself with an aura of horror. Hence, his head remained an identical copy of his monster suit. Still, in terms of size and appearance from a distance, he chose to resemble a human being.

To Leviathan’s right, Beelzebub stood with his arms folded against his weak, ageing chest. The arch-demon usually preferred to appear as a sick, old, and fragile man. Maybe it was to contradict his domain, but who could know? As a prince of gluttony, he was responsible for most of the nobles’ falls. At some point in time, he tried to plant a seed of his corruption within the lower-ranking humans, but it did not bore any satisfying results. So, Beelzebub leashed out in rage, corrupting some people to commit something unforgivable. Finally, he forced these poor human beings to eat each other. So, cannibalism, like a plague, washed over lands, leaving them inhospitable. As much as the arch-demon’s methods were dirty, they seemingly worked in most cases. Still, Beelzebub was not a fighter nor a general. He was a schemer, a master of puppets that controlled the events as they unfolded from the shadows. Akali did not like him because she could never predict what the old arch-demon had in mind. His plans usually had a hefty price to pay attached to them. And, it would not have been the first time when Akali would be the one to pay that price instead of Beelzebub.

“It is good to see both of you,” the Hell’s King said casually. “Leviathan, Beelzebub, it seems the meeting can finally begin,” he added.

His voice was smooth and warm, a perfect mixture for a seducer, Akali judged. One could have described it as silken, but the demoness did not like the term. For her, it felt flat, not descriptive enough.

“Oh, finally,” a disappointing note rang in Beelzebub’s voice. “One could have thought the King’s request would be enough to hasten such a minor endeavour. But… as far as Commander Ilgrith is concerned, it seemingly doesn’t work,” the arch-demon continued, not bothering to turn around.

“Lucifer, what’s the reason behind this rather laughable meeting?” Leviathan asked the Devil directly. “I expected this… farce to be an Inner Circle’s council, but… what I see is far from what I anticipated. Care to explain?”

“Do not worry, Leviathan,” Lucifer chuckled, not bothered by the other arch-demon’s stiff tone. “I might have purposefully misnamed this meeting, but it matters not. What matter is that all of you are gathered in this very chamber. For… I have something crucial to discuss with you.”

“Eh,” Leviathan commented on the King’s response with a heavy, disapproving sigh. “Is it one of these games of yours, Lucifer? If it’s so, I’d prefer to leave right now.”

“Leviathan!” the prince of gluttony called his peer. “Let the King speak up his mind. Then, maybe for once, he’ll say something worth a while.”

“How dare you call the King….” Azudath started growling.

“Azudath, stop!” Akali’s voice was as cold as ice. “Let them speak as they see fit. The arch-demons are cut above us. Hence, leave them be,” she commented on her friend’s impulsive action.

“As much as it pains me, she has a point here,” Beelzebub said. “So, Lucifer, what’s the reason behind this farce?” he inquired.

“Our time is at hand,” the Hell’s King stated simply, then turned his back on the gathered.

“Hm,” Leviathan hummed, intrigued momentarily. “Did the last seal break?”

“No,” the Devil responded. “For years, I’ve believed in that nonsense, but this age ends right now,” he continued, chuckling uncontrolled. “I’ll have my own 4 horsemen of Apocalypse. But it’s not time for me to choose them. For now, I want the living world to burn, to suffer.”

“So, basically, you want us to start a war with Heavens?” Leviathan asked, somewhat shocked.

“Yes, it can be simplified to that,” the Hell’s King agreed. “But, there’s more to it than that. Commander Ilgrith, I’d like you to lead the Damned for that campaign,” he added, referring to Akali.

“May I ask why them of all the Legions, my Lord?” the demoness inquired. “These poor souls are disorganised, and their quality as military force is nowhere that of my own Legion,” she continued, providing her point of view.

“Their value lies in numbers,” Leviathan scoffed. “I take that you want to wage a war of attrition; is that correct speculation?”

“But, of course,” Lucifer said, then turned around and smirked at the gathered. “I’d want to see my father’s face when his beloved human started to be wiped out. I wonder whether he’ll allow the Heavens’ Legions to counteract. Needless to say that I doubt that will happen.”

“My Lord, I feel that I can be a greater asset if you allow me to lead my ninth Legion,” Akali confidently stated.

“Oh, I’m certain of that,” the Devil simply responded. “Nonetheless, what I want to see is chaos. And… your soldiers are far too drilled for that task. Hence, I chose Demned. These savage beasts will do any imaginable atrocity without blinking. I don’t care if thousands of them die. They’re only cannon fodder that’s expected to be decimated. Then, if the Heavens react, we’ll send the Legions to deal with them. But, against mere humanity, these beasts will be more than a satisfactory solution. Am I clear?” Lucifer asked, smoothly changing his warm tone to a much colder one.

“Yes, my Lord; I do understand,” the demoness uttered obediently but without an ounce of confidence behind the apparent lie.

Chapter 17: Heaven and Hell (part 2)

Chapter Text


Author's notes section:


[2023-03-21]: Hey, here is a preview of the story’s next chapter. Please, bear in mind that it is, as mentioned, a preview. Some parts of it might not be included in the final release. I will try to finish this chapter as soon as possible. I would like to clean up some of the tasks in my schedule, and right now, there are many chapters queued there.

[2023-04-09]: Hey, I have a minor update for you guys. Sorry for the recent absence, but there were things that I needed to tend to.

[2023-04-11]: Hey, another minor update for you guys. I did not exactly like the previous one, so I sat down and rewrote basically all of it. Of course, that being said, you can still find fragments of the original update. But I hope this time it flows much better. Anyways, I would appreciate if you guys give me some feedback regarding the path I'm taking with this story. Do you like it, or is the idea bland and uninteresting?

[2023-04-25]: Hey, I can finally safely state that the chapter can be marked as finished.

Don’t forget to comment. I really appreciate your feedback.

Note that the dialogues written in italic are thoughts.

As always, I would like to thank you for everything. See you soon :)

Changelog:
[2023-03-21]: A preview has been released.
[2023-04-09]: The chapter received a minor update. I have managed to add around 500 words.
[2023-04-11]: The chapter received a minor update. I have managed to add around 600 - 1100 words, depends how you would look at it, as I rewrote some pieces of the previous updates.
[2023-04-25]: The chapter is finally concluded.

Info: I have included more stories in the schedule as I'm not 100% certain what I want to write next. Please, keep in mind that I might add or remove positions from the list. I might rewrite some of the older stories or extract some of the longer stories from `The story of one lost soul`.

Schedule:
- The Prisoner of Your Eyes (finish the WIP)
- My home is where my heart lies (finish the WIP)
- Exiled you say? (new chapter)
- The shadows can be deceiving (new chapter)
- Hidden in the mountain's shadow (new chapter)
- The war call (new chapter)
- Will you look past my mistakes? (new chapter)
- Life is full of surprises (new chapter)
- The broken heart (new chapter)
- The rise of the Blood Moons' servants (new chapter)
- Black Diamon (new chapter)

Bonuses’ section:
A new story taking place in the Warhammer 40k universe.
Story of one lost soul: The war call: rewrite.
An entirely new story (possibly Akali x [Irelia, Syndra, Katarina]).
A new short story (Vi x Cait).
An entirely original story (possibly even two stories, one taking place in medieval times, the other in the far future)
Bleach story. (Byakuya x Yoruichi / ?)
Naruto story. (Neji x Hinata / Neji x TenTen / Nagato x Konan)
Fairy Tail story. (most likely Erza x Mira)
Maybe some Star Wars?

References:

*bonuses will be worked on when I don’t feel like writing the chapters pointed out in the schedule :D


End of the author's notes section.


Akali was unsure how long she had been staring into the depthless abyss she needed to delve into. Even though the demoness's sight was unnaturally sharp, she could not see the bottom layer of that pit hole. But, she was certain that somewhere there, the Damned lurked, cast away for their sins for eternity. Yet the tables had turned, for the Devil himself wanted these scums to bolster the first wave of Hell's invasion.

The order was clear, yet there was confusion and conflict within the demoness. Akali did not want to follow it, but the unfortunate truth was that she was a good soldier. Even though she served in Hell, she valued honour above everything. And what Lucifer expected from her contradicted the demoness' beliefs.

"It is said that the descent into the abyss feels as if it lasted two days," a raspy male voice sounded a few steps behind the white-haired woman.

"Spare me this nonsense, Hugues," the commander replied without turning. "It is a hole that was supposed to remain inescapable, but you know the orders," she added, bitterness clearly heard in her voice. "Have you gathered the men?" she asked after a brief pause.

"As you ordered, commander," Hugues responded momentarily. "We are only waiting for your call," he pointed out.

"Then, let's not waste more time," the white-haired woman commented. "I am jumping first. You can follow me after a minute or so," she stated before descending into the shadows.

Even though Akali did not manage to quell the conflict raging throughout her mind, she faced the overwhelming darkness without an ounce of hesitation. The time for confusion ended the moment she jumped in. Now, all the demoness must focus on was the mission. And, considering where it would lead her, it would require a lot of patience and strength from her.

It was a strange feeling to fall down into seeming nothingness. All the light unexpectedly vanished at some point, leaving the demoness in complete darkness. But, it was not the strangest thing that the commander had experienced. One by one, all of the woman's senses disappeared, making her doubt her own existence.

The freefall lasted more than 10 minutes, or at the very least, that much the demoness had managed to estimate. But, it mattered little to none. When the descent finally concluded, the woman's senses returned, allowing her to look around and assess her current surroundings. She would have lied if she had said that the abyss was similar to the areas of Hell she knew. In all honesty, the apparent nothingness here was overwhelming and depressing.

Even though the first glance did not reveal anyone nearby, Akali heard the various cacophonic sounds coming her way only mere moments later. So it seemed that her arrival did not go unnoticed. But, whether to be thankful or not for that remained to be seen. Still, before the apparent swarm could reach her, her legionnaires landed beside the legion commander. That small detachment of seasoned warriors was more than ready to face whatever the abyss had in store for them.

"Do indulge me, commander. Have we not been in such a situation before?" Hugues asked, smirking openly as he readied his trusted sword.

"I believe that we have been through something like that more than once," Akali commented, not even remotely afraid of what was coming their way. "The men are ready, I presume, old Templar?"

"You do not have to remind me of my past so painfully, commander," the Templar responded with a heavy tone. "No matter how hard I try, I can not erase this memory from my mind. But, it matters not. Legionnaires, you know the drill. So, the only thing I will say is: do not show them mercy, for these beasts will not show any to you," he whispered toward his men as he turned around. "Stay in line; stay focused."

Then, the legion's second-in-command's voice slowly faded away, replaced by the cacophonic noises that grew stronger, coming from nearer and nearer. But nonetheless, as of now, they could not see the fastly approaching enemy. For Akali, the entire situation could be described as bothering. There was nothing she could do more besides waiting, of course. Throughout her long, near-eternal existence, she had learned that initiative usually was a key to a victory. However, in the current circumstances, no options were available for her. Hence, the demoness waited with her lips formed in a straight line and her beautiful face twisted by a grimace of dissatisfaction.

"They are coming," Hugues uttered after a few moments.

"I do not need you to tell me obvious things, Hugues," the white-haired commander replied somewhat softly. "The rising tide is indeed coming," the woman added, looking into the opaque silver iron mask hiding the Templar's true identity. "It is not your fault that your successors forsake the order's ideals," she whispered a moment later.

"I know," Hugues replied, but there was uncertainty in his voice. "But, it does not make it any easier."

The demoness said nothing. After all, there was no need to, and the time for such a petty conversation had passed. For the waves of darkness approached the small detachment. At first, these damned beings were nothing more than shadows. Then, however, as they surrounded their presumable prey, they started to take more physical shapes.

The demoness did not even flinch when one of these beings tried to reach her. Its arm was unbelievably thin and covered in festering ulcers. Yet, as much as it was a disgusting sight, the commander remained calm and composed. After all, there was nothing to worry about, for the Templar who stood beside her swiftly cut the limb. Then, as the damned soul began screeching in pain, Akali grabbed it and pulled it closer.

"Silence, scums!" the demoness's voice thundered, overcoming the cacophony. "I am Commander Ilgrith of the 9th Legion of Hell," she shouted, forcing the gathered to focus solely on her. "We have descended into this very abyss, for your king, the Devil himself, summons you. You are to be his tide that will soon flood the world of the living."

"We don't care who you're!" the damned souls yelled.

"I would listen if I were you," the white-haired woman stated. "For your cooperation, Lucifer considers revoking your exile."

"A laughable speech," the wounded damned spoke. "Lucifer can go fuck himself for putting us here!" he spat.

"If I were you, I would rethink twice what you will say next," Akali responded coldly. "For now, I am the one who asks the questions, and you will provide me with the answers I am looking for. So, who is the one you are all listening to? Who is this chasm's master?" she asked, lifting the wounded damned from the ground.

"You'll meet the master soon enough," some feminine voice shouted from the crowd. "But, before that happens, some of you will die."

"You ask for the bloodshed, then?" Ilgrith asked, not bothered at all. "Is it blood that you seek? Or, are you all so willing to die?"

"The master craves of the unworthy, and we'll sill it in the master's name!" the crowd roared in the union.

For a brief moment, the commander regarded how to respond. Then, as the abyss was not the place where secrecy was really needed, she allowed her somewhat conflicted thoughts to rearrange her facial expression a few times. Considering that the demoness was the sole detachment member who did not wear a helmet, that change did not go unnoticed. In her mind, the plans of utter carnage were already forming, causing a nasty smirk to form on her plump lips.

"Oh, do not worry. I will provide whoever you call master with enough blood to sate it for eternity," Akali broaden her smirk before continuing. "If all I need to do for the summoning to manifest is to pile up your corpses, then let's waste no time. I do not intend to spend more time here than necessary," she added, enforcing her grip on the wounded beast's neck. As a result, she snapped it without even noticing. "9th Legion, let's thin them out!" she ordered before throwing away the lifeless frame like a piece of trash.

With that boring part of the mission concluded the slaughter began. In fact, the uttered order was entirely irrelevant, as the soldiers' experience shone immediately. The small group formed a seemingly impenetrable wall of shields that slowly pushed forward, eradicating everything that stood in its way. The fact that the legionnaires were massively outnumbered did not sway them one bit. For it quickly became painfully apparent to the chasm's dwellers were no match against the demons cladded in opaque onyx-black armours.

Like a well-oiled war machine, the detachment pushed through the heavy crowd relatively easily. The legion left behind a bloody path carved through the damned. But the demons' advance was slow as they tried to delve deeper and deeper into the cursed realm.

It would be near impossible to tell how long that bloody journey lasted. 10 minutes, maybe longer, but no one would have been able to tell with certainty. But, still, the forceful march continued, filled with too much excitement for the commander's taste. Even on these rare occasions when the 9th had been tasked with fighting the other demons, there was always a way to break their morale. But, the same logic did not apply. No matter how many damned were dismembered, no matter how many of them were trampled by their own kin, their swarm only grew stronger. It was like a mythological fight against a hydra. Once you cut off one of its heads, 2 more would grow back.

But what else could they do? Lucifer wanted to harness the power of these damned souls. And, even though Akali did not like that idea one bit, she was too loyal to quit. For her, failure was not an option. So, her legionnaires would march kneel-deep in the piles of corpses, but the mission would be completed.

Still, the demoness's devotion did not make her invincible. On the contrary, the longer the fight went on, the more frustrated the woman got. Her usual stoic demeanour faded away as she needed the anger to fuel herself through that challenge. So, all of the precision she had worked so hard to hone was abandoned, replaced by seemingly mindless, brutal strikes. It definitely helped as her mind drifted away, allowing the muscle memory to take care of the combat.

"Such an amazing slaughter," a disembodied man's voice echoed through the abyss, stirring the demoness from her trance. "Do tell me, strangers, what are you after? What has brought you to my domain?"

"We are here to make a pact," the Templar loudly exclaimed. "Lucifer, your king, wants you to follow him to a battle."

"Oh, how fascinating," the voice responded momentarily. "Do tell me, what is Lucifer planning?" he asked, seemingly amused.

"Show yourself, then we can continue," Hugues demanded.

"Such an audacity," a chuckle echoes through the very abyss's terrain. "You can not simply descend onto my domain and make demands. But let me be a polite host for once. I will stand before you just like I had before Lucifer aeons ago."

Then, without anything spectacular happening, the horde of damned scattered, once again transforming into an endless wave of shadows.

"Now, we can negotiate," the chasm's master announced.

Then, he took the physical form of a dark-haired man with god-like features. He was cladded in a cassock of ashen colour.

"I hope that this form you find bearable to look upon," the god-like entity added afterwards. "But, first things first. I take the Devil did not bother to tell you who I am, am I right?" he asked, focusing his onyx-black eyes upon Akali.

"Sadly, it is the case," the commander responded rather slowly. "But... by looking at you, I already know who you are," she added, mumbling slightly.

"Oh, is that so? But, then, do tell me, Commander Ilgrith of the 9th Legion, who am I?" the entity asked, smirking at the legionnaires.

"You are the death incarnate, the destruction; Abaddon is your name," the white-haired demoness whispered.

"Fantastic, you are truly an atta girl," Abaddon chuckled. "Yes, my name is Abaddon, the fallen angel, the death and destruction incarnate. So, what is Lucifer planning that he is so desperate to ask me for a favour? Do enlight me, the servants of Hell."

"You mentioned audacity, but the only one who is showing it is you," the Templar threw a comment toward the fallen angel.

"Hugues de Payens, I would appreciate you not engaged in this conversation," Ilgrith stated, her voice as cold as ice. "Abaddon tries to find a way to infuriate you. I would suspect that he is bored out of his mind. So, he keeps seeking a fight, much to his amusement, as none of us is of his calibre," she added, not even glancing at her second-in-command. Instead, the demoness decided to keep her focus solely on the fallen angel.

"Oh, you have ruined the moment," the death incarnate faked the sigh. "Guilty as charged," he whispered slowly afterwards. "But you still have not answered my question. So... what is that old Lucifer so desperately wants?"

"I am certain you already know the answer to that question," the Legion commander replied with an exhausted tone.

"That may well be true," Abaddon grinned. "I have a feeling the old king is trying to take matters into his own hands. Years have passed, but Apocalypse is nowhere to be seen. So... Lucifer wants to start the end of days at his whim, forcing God's hand?" he asked. Judging by his tone, however, these questions may have been rhetorical.

"That is a correct assumption," Akali said plainly. "The question is: whether you lend us the help the king seeks?"

"Well... considering my current accommodation, I might take up this chance," the god-like entity responded. "But, I have one lingering question: how do you want to escape the abyss?"

"It's a rather simple process," the Devil's voice echoed throughout the abyss.

"It is rather rude to hide in the shadows, Lucifer," Abaddon commented, not bothered at all. "How long have you planned on spectating? Have you not arrived only a moment after these legionnaires of yours?" he questioned the Devil.

"Last time I checked, I was the Devil and the King of Hell. So I don't necessarily have to answer your questions, Abaddon. Do I need to remind you of your place?"

"No, there is no need for such an obvious waste of time," the death incarnate scoffed. "So you want the damned to act as a never-ending tide, is that it?"

"Let's not talk about the details right now, shall we?" Lucifer asked, smirking. "I'll open the path for you. And... once you make it back to Hell's core. I'll have a few words with you."

Chapter 18: Heaven and Hell (part 3)

Chapter Text

High above the firmament’s ceiling, a serene and beautiful realm lay. God’s domain, populated by these few selected chosen ones worth its eternal glory. It was a place so surreal for the living ones, completely incomprehensible. No war could ever reach heaven’s gates; no disease would spread; no hunger would ever occur. In his timeless wisdom, God had planned the domain thoroughly, ensuring any sin could pierce through the holy barrier separating the mortal realm and heaven.

Nevertheless, God had seen the value in creating his angels. These invaluable units were blessed with near immortality, as their duty was to serve and protect the greatest of creations – the heavens. For that purpose alone, the eternal legions of demigods had been formed, marching forth when the call was heeded.

Numerous religions described these God’s servants as creations of light, flawless. Yet, it was a lie thoughtfully planted into these beliefs to mask the harsh reality. After all, God’s will rarely could be enforced without employing force.

“Evelynn, are you even listening?” a serene male’s voice inquired.

“Of course not,” Eve replied bluntly, tired. “You’ve repeated yourself more than a dozen times the past few days,” she added, gazing at her speaker.

“Evelynn, you know that’s important,” the man’s voice grew colder. “God wants us…”

“Allerin, you’ve told me that already,” Evelynn stated, interrupting the man. “If there’s nothing more to add, please stop. I won’t be listening to the same phrase uttered over and over again,” she informed, turning around to leave.

“Fine, do as you want, Evelynn,” Allerin sighed heavily, giving up.

“I still wonder who has thought it was a good idea to promote you to a legion commander,” the woman scoffed, walking off, not waiting for a response of any kind.

Even for an angel, Evelynn was difficult to deal with. Her beauty was sinful and lustful, which she regularly used to her advantage on every possibility. The long, straight, onyx-black hair was her trademark. It framed her aristocratic face, featuring kissable crimson lips almost always twisted in a mocking smirk. Yet, the most fascinating trait of hers was her eyes. These predatory-shaped orbs of molten gold could penetrate anyone, seemingly capable of looking into one’s very soul.

The onyx-haired woman stormed through the boulevard, emitting a dark, cold aura that prevented the other angels from halting her. She wanted nothing more than to be alone - with her mind and guilt. But unfortunately, it was far from trivial to find such a place. Evelynn briefly considered descending onto the realm of living, yet it could have backfired.

It took the golden-eyed beauty a while to leave heaven’s upper echelons behind. If she so desired and turned around, she could have seen the temples and barracks solely constructed for the angelkind in their eternal majesty. However, she could not have mustered any care for all of this. Even though her servitude granted her many benefits, it stripped her of her free will and ability to decide. What God gave them was a painful illusion that blinded many of her peers. After all, bathing in his endless glory and power must have been a dream coming true for many. Sadly, the onyx-haired woman could not name herself one of them.

For a moment, Evelynn almost believed that her disappearance would not be reported, allowing her to venture somewhat freely. However, a glance over the horizon depraved her from these foolish semblances. For High Exarch’s silhouette hovered between the puffy clouds, nearing too fast for Eve’s comfort. Considering her relationship with Kyle, it would be anything but a pleasant encounter. With no options to choose from, the golden-eyed angel sighed heavily before standing tall and proud.

It took but a moment for heaven’s champion to close the distance between them. Yet, for Evelynn, it had felt like an entire century. Even though there was no companionship between them, there was an aspect that the golden-eyed angel admired in Kyle – her determination.

High Exarch was only a tad taller than Eve, yet when she approached, she resembled a giant towering over everything. Her body was heavy and bulky – a result of endless training sessions and years of service. That aspect was only furtherly highlighted by the plate armour she wore. Her face was of noble descent and fair, yet seemingly deprived of emotions. It was surrounded by incredibly long strands of golden colour, put into a messy braid.

“Evelynn,” the Exarch whispered, but for the onyx-haired woman, it was louder than a storm’s thunder. “I heard about your disagreement with Commander Allerin – care to explain?” Kyle continued with her serene tone, but disappointment lingered behind the perfectly stoic façade.

“Can we stop acting as if we were in the school?!” Eve inquired, opting for her boldness to lead this conversation. “We’re both adults. I’d expect a grain of salt not to be an issue in a conversation,” she said, trying her hardest not to falter before her superior.

“Is that so?” Kyle asked calmly.

“With all due respect, Exarch, I know what’s expected of me,” the onyx-haired angel said. “I simply don’t believe that Allerin’s ready to be a commander. All he sees are rules and things that the instructors taught him. He lacks imagination and the ability to make a call without a full picture. Not to mention, he’s irritating.”

“Dully noted, Evelynn,” Exarch acknowledged with a slight nod. “I do not like infights – I am sure you know that well. No matter, God wants us to descend onto the mortal plain; perhaps, you might lead these expeditionary forces?”

“I don’t follow you,” Evelynn said openly. “Why would God want us to deploy there? Some idiot once again tried to usurp the title? Or… there’s something far more sinister expected to happen?”

“Nothing confirmed as of now,” Exarch responded reservedly. “But… if I were to guess, the second option is more probable. Do you accept the challenge?” she inquired.

“I never back down from difficulties. You should’ve known this by now, Exarch,” Eve stated confidently. “Whom can I take with me?”

“Feel free to take a detachment of saints and your own soldiers,” Kyle replied. “I want you to be deployed there tomorrow, at the latest.”

“If that’s everything, I’ll take my leave.”

“Do so. When you return, we will return to the topic of your dispute.”

The onyx-haired woman waited until the Exarch’s words faded away before turning around and speeding back towards the barracks. The sooner she gathered heaven’s warriors, the better. She would lie if she said she did not feel an electrical sensation ringing throughout her body. Evelynn could not wait for something to happen. After all, the usual day here was hardly exciting.


Hell:


Looking at this bunch of savage beasts, Akali struggled greatly not to vomit in front of them. An unorganised band that was worth less than the dirt underneath her boots. Yet, the orders were clear – they were meant to be used as the backbone of the invasion. The demonesses hated it, but there was nothing she could do – being an obedient soldier sometimes backfired.

The handful of her legionnaires she could bring were scattered all over the drill field. Their task was simultaneously trivial and impossible to complete, as Akali needed them to accomplish was to control the masses. However, realistically speaking, it was too much for her to ask. Merely twenty veterans were required to handle more than a thousand damned souls.

“I will introduce myself for the last time,” Akali’s voice thundered over the field, gaining her the attention she sought. “I am Commander Ilgrith of the 9th Legion. As our king – Lucifer – required, I will lead you at the forefront of the apocalypse. You might have come crawling out of this hole called the abyss, but until this mission is concluded, you will be treated as regular legionnaires. That means you heed my orders and fulfil them immediately. The 9th does not tolerate insubordination; hence, if I or any of the officers assigned to your group see you disobeying the orders, you will be killed. Do not make a mistake, for Hell, you are nothing more than a canon fodder. But there is a way out of this loop, and I am offering it to you. Obey and live,” she explained the situation in detail.

The first moments following Akali’s speech conclusion were filled with silence, as undoubtedly there was much to process. However, it changed quickly. After the first damned soul raised its hand, the masses followed, making it dozens, if not hundreds.


Hell:


When the portal opened, it ripped reality asunder, establishing a near-instant passage between Hell and the mortal plane. At first, it was nothing more than a small ball of intense crimson colour. As it started spinning, it grew in size, emitting an enormous amount of energy in the form of heat. The king himself stood right in front of the hellish device, infatuated with its design. With a wide grin imprinted on Lucifer’s beautiful face. However, as it widened even further, the skin tore apart, revealing pieces of raw flesh. Even though the act was performed unwittingly, it was a display of terrifying power incomprehensible to the lesser demons.

At some point, the gate stopped spinning, apparently already reaching its final size. Then, its colour started receding. For Akali, the whole procedure had a striking similarity to humans shedding their skin. As the old, fragile, and dead one fell out, something new was revealed. And … the portal did something similar. For when the intense crimson faded away, a canvas of endlessly blue skies manifested. It had been some time since the demoness visited that plane, but she could never forget its beauty.

“Flood this realm, my servants,” the Devil’s soft whisper thundered through the field as if implanted into their brains. “Let the apocalypse begin. Go, seize the glory awaiting behind the portal.”

Lucifer did not need to say more than that. After all, the moment the permission was granted, the untold hordes of damned souls marched forth, driven by bloodlust flaring inside. Even if they failed, they would cause carnage on these poor mortals, inevitably sending some of them straight into Hell for processing and damnation. Amongst these savages, Akali’s forces shone like a bright light in the darkest of nights – an example worth following. Perhaps, with a bit of time, the demoness could have reforged them into a proper fighting force. But there was no time for that. And, as much as it pained her to march into a battle with full knowledge that most of the soldiers following her would not return, she could do nothing. Her own perfectionist approach and the attitude of always carrying orders through caged her, making it far too easy to manipulate her.

“I will keep my end of the bargain if you do as I say,” Akali informed her subordinates before passing through the glowing portal.

The experience was strange, to say the least. No physical pain was inflicted, but it felt like every cell the demoness’s body consisted of was separately moved between two vastly different dimensions. For a brief moment, she wanted to close her eyes, yet before she could do so, the travel was concluded – it seemingly lasted merely a heartbeat.

As Akali stepped away from the gate, she exhaled deeply, enjoying the different air mixed with countless aromas she could not name. Yes, it was refreshing to leave Hell, even for a moment, but there was a duty to carry on. And … it required her to kill, maul, reap. She waited a second more; then she looked around sternly. A modern city spanned all around her, filled with hundreds of thousands of people.

“Let’s see whether humanity is ready for the apocalypse,” the demoness whispered as her forces materialised behind her. “Proceed as we discussed earlier,” she continued. “If it is possible, let’s try to deal with this task as soon as possible. And remember … kill only these fools who are armed and can pose a threat. Understood?”

 


Author's notes section:


[2023-08-01]: Hey, here is a preview of the story’s next chapter. Please, bear in mind that it is, as mentioned, a preview. Some parts of it might not be included in the final release. I will try to finish this chapter as soon as possible. I would like to clean up some of the tasks in my schedule, and right now, there are many chapters queued there.

[2023-08-13]: Hey, I have a minor update for you. I'm still trying to figure out the tone of this piece, sadly.

[2023-08-22]: Hey, I have a minor update for you.

[2023-09-01]: Hey, I have a minor update for you that concludes the chapter.

Don’t forget to comment. I really appreciate your feedback.

Note that the dialogues written in italic are thoughts.

As always, I would like to thank you for everything. See you soon :)

Changelog:
[2023-08-18]: A preview has been released.
[2023-08-28]: A major update applied focused on enriching the story.
[2023-09-01]: A minor update that concludes the chapter.

Info: I have included more stories in the schedule as I'm not 100% certain what I want to write next. Please, keep in mind that I might add or remove positions from the list. I might rewrite some of the older stories or extract some of the longer stories from `The story of one lost soul`.

Schedule:
- See the world through my eyes (finish the WIP)
- The broken heart (finish the WIP)
- My home is where my heart lies (new chapter)
- The shadows can be deceiving (new chapter)
- Hidden in the mountain's shadow (new chapter)
- The war call (new chapter)
- The rise of the Blood Moons' servants (new chapter)
- Black Diamond (new chapter)
- When the clock is ticking (Warhammer 40k new story)
- Sometimes it's just better not to know (new chapter)
- My home is where my heart lies (rewrite chapter 4)
- The heart not so cold (rewrite chapter 2)
- The family tree (revisit the previous chapters and apply adjustments) 
- Will you look past my mistakes? (new chapter)
- The silence of the shackles (new chapter)
- The Prisoner of Your Eyes (new chapter)
- Lifetime of war (new chapter)
- Hope is the last one to die (new story in SW universe)
- Sometimes it's just better not to know (finish rewriting the second chapter)
- Life is full of surprises (new chapter)
- Exiled you say? (new chapter)
- Until my last breath (new chapter)
- The family tree (new chapter)
- The story of one lost soul (new chapter)

Bonuses’ section:
A new story taking place in the Warhammer 40k universe.
Story of one lost soul: The war call: rewrite.
An entirely new story (possibly Akali x [Irelia, Syndra, Katarina]).
A new short story (Vi x Cait).
An entirely original story (possibly even two stories, one taking place in medieval times, the other in the far future)
Bleach story. (Byakuya x Yoruichi / ?)
Naruto story. (Neji x Hinata / Neji x TenTen / Nagato x Konan)
Fairy Tail story. (most likely Erza x Mira)
Maybe some Star Wars?

References:
- Heaven and Hell - Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath)

*bonuses will be worked on when I don’t feel like writing the chapters pointed out in the schedule :D


End of the author's notes section.


 

Chapter 19: Touch by touch (part 2)

Chapter Text

The silvery-haired woman stilled, raising her right hand clad with her iconic long, metal claws, urging the camera operator to do the same. For a moment, her head moved from left to right as if trying to locate the source of these noises. Even though all of this was preplanned, the diva played her role perfectly, her frame slightly tensed and uneasy, faking the surprise believably. A heartbeat later, she turned towards the ashen-coloured door; the moans intensified.

“Oh, I wonder who’s so restless?” Evelynn asked quietly as if it was meant to be thought that only unwittingly took a form.

The iconic claws briefly flashed once again when the diva gently pushed the door open. As the gap grew, more and more was revealed. The room was cosy, busked in a warm yet sharp light coming down from the numerous panels attached to the ceiling. A thick Persian carpet embroidered with red, purple, and gold threads covered the light pine-tiled floor. To the right, there was an old-fashioned bookcase filled from top to bottom with various tomes. Its frame was much darker, heavily contrasting with the walls’ beige. Evelynn reminded herself it was a dark oak, but the viewers did not need to know that. Stepping further into the chamber, she noticed that their plan was going better than expected, making sure her expression was hidden between the door before smirking openly. These two must have been enjoying themselves, not that the siren had anything against it; quite the opposite was true.

“Mm,” Eve prolongedly hummed, tainting the sound seductively. “You’re caught red-handed, darlings,” she said. “Come here; it seems some of us are too eager to wait for the announcement,” the silver-haired woman added, making the camera operator close the distance.

Soon enough, a comfortable graphite settee was shown to the viewers, yet it was hardly the key frame of this scenery. The diva smirked mischievously, no longer required to fake her expression as she watched Ahri – the famous Foxi – straddling her fellow bandmate’s laps, engaged in a heated make-out session. These two were so preoccupied with themselves, not even acknowledging someone was peeking at them, completely oblivious to the world around them, lost in a moment of passion. Yet, before the siren could cough in a vain attempt to catch their attention, the pink-haired woman decided to spice up their game. Breaking the clumsy kiss, she caused Kai’sa to pout, not too happy about the occurrence. However, it lasted but a moment before Foxy again leaned in, showering the lead dancer’s delicate nape with affection. She started gently, alternating between kisses and soft sucking, but soon, she added her teeth into the mix, drawing a loud moan from Kai.

It was a trivial task for Evelynn to let her imagination run freely, imagining her and Bookie’s places were reserved. Lost in her own pleasure, the dark-haired dancer opened her beautiful and soft eyes, clouded by desire. At first, everything was a haze, rendering everything blurry and, above all, uninteresting. With her friend and lover on her lap, she had no problem disregarding reality, especially if Foxy rewarded her for all the teasing.

Nonetheless, sooner than Kai’sa would have wanted to, she noticed the siren and Sona, who had agreed to help them. Eve saw a mix of raw emotions passing through her friend’s face: lust, embarrassment, uncertainty, and many more.

“I’m pleased that you’re back with us, Bookie,” the silver-haired woman commented, smirking openly. “A word to our fans, darling? How does it feel to have the face of Foxy’s cosmetics within your arms reach, plastered all over you, and eager to please you?” she continued, allowing her voice to ooze seductiveness.

“I … I …,” the lead dancer mumbled, unable to form a coherent sentence. “She’s perfect, nothing more to add,” she added shyly, burying her flawless face into the crook of Ahri’s neck.

“Cute,” simultaneously Foxi and the siren commented, giggling afterwards. “What about you, Ahri? How does this derrière of hers serve you?” she inquired flirtatiously.

“It’s great,” the pink-haired woman replied nonchalantly. “However, I still prefer yours,” she added, winking at the diva.

“Oh, is that so?” Evelynn picked up the thrown gauntlet, accepting the challenge.

“If you’re not scared, come here,” Foxy chuckled.

“What about our dear Bookie?”

“Given her flustered state, I’d say a short pause would be in order,” Ahri stated, turning back towards the lead dancer. “What do you say?”

“As long as your screams don’t feel the whole apartment,” Kai commented confidently. “Eve, go easy on her; she’s not the youngest,” she added, turning the whole situation into a joke.

“Hey,” Foxi immediately protested. “I might be older than you, but I still can do things that you could’ve only dreamed of,” she sussed, retreating from the dancer’s laps.

“Bookie, be dear and check what our giddy gremlin’s doing, would you?” the diva asked, already closing in towards the pink-haired woman. “As of you,” she started, focusing solely on the group’s leader. “I think it’s about time someone teaches you some manners.”

“You and manners? That’s rich,” Foxi reciprocated the giggle.

Kai’sa stood up momentarily, already expecting how this exchange would develop. If she had not done so, it would have proved extremely difficult to tear her eyes from the power struggle vividly playing before her eyes. Ahri tried to rise from the settee, but Evelynn did not plan on letting her. She quickly placed her clawed palm on the leader’s chest and pushed her gently. The vixen did not stop there, instantaneously straddling Foxi and going for her throat. Within a heartbeat, the silvery-haired woman established her superiority, toying with visibly annoyed yet anticipating Ahri. Oh, if the camera caught even a sliver of what resided in these honey orbs, then nothing more would have to be said ever again. Behind her soul’s mirror, there was untamed desire, lust even, a mix of carnal instincts that she would not be able to control for long. Their power struggles belied their mutual attraction. Bookie found it baffling that nobody had noticed that by now, though it was clear as day to them. This masquerade was simultaneously intricate and crystal clear, like the masks they had worn during the last event they attended. Foxi could complain all she wanted, but between the two of them, it was always Evelynn who was leading, giving, and commanding. Well, considering the siren’s lengthy history of scandals, it was hardly a surprise. Still, it felt somehow extraordinary, special even, as the pink-haired woman was fierce and demanding in her own right, yet the moment Evelynn had her hands on her, the white flag would soon follow. Kai’sa would not put the master-servant kink past them. Giggling silently, she imagined a heated session between them, surprised at how probable and believable it turned out. As if the diva read her mind, she finally vanished the remaining space, tracing the leader’s defined jawline.

“Behave, and you shall be rewarded,” the siren whispered hoarsely, loud enough for the device to register it. “You’re such a good pet to me, Foxy,” she followed with a somewhat breathless phrase, intoxicating with how Ahri’s body reacted to her. Foxy’s muscles tensed under her touch, and her exposed flesh was covered in goosebumps. “Hush,” she placed her index finger across the frustrated leader’s lips, silencing her. “Don’t you dare move; your nape looks so delicate … I wonder how it will taste?” the teasing continued.

Expectedly, averting her gaze off these two was a challenge in itself, Bookie concluded after finally mustering enough self-control to do so. It took her a moment more to notice Sona gesturing towards the exit, urging them to proceed with the plan. The dark-haired woman wordlessly agreed, quickly leaving the room, simultaneously shocked and infatuated. Feeling her cheeks reddening again, she hastened up, nearly running towards the kitchen when the next stage was set.

Soon enough, they ventured into a vast and spacious area. Kai’sa vividly remembered she was the one advocating the idea, going as far as to bribe Akali so Evelynn would not have disregarded it, deeming it an unnecessary expense. Funnily enough, not even in her wildest dreams would she have foreseen the rapper growing fond of cooking and ending up helping her most of the time. A slight thought was enough for her to smile broadly, for she cherished each and every moment she could spend with the usually overeager woman.

Across the room’s centre, a long counter stood. Its top was divided by a relatively wide passage where numerous herbs were planted, ready to be harvested and used at a moment’s notice. Bookie knew that this particular piece of furnishing was a result of her petty whim, but she hardly regretted purchasing it, even though it was unnecessarily pricy. Around the enormous table, the rest of the kitchen was built, consisting of a substantial double-winged fridge, two ovens, three induction cooktops, and numerous shelves filled with all deemed necessary equipment.

Bookie closed in, slowly circling around the counter, half absentmindedly. Akali was not here, but there were evident traces of her recent presence. The band’s youngest member has never foregone her family background, always having a soft spot for knives or any bladed weapon. A sharping stone she had been gifted by Evelynn the last Christmas was spread on the other table’s end, accompanied by several of Akali’s favourite blades, freshly sharpened. Did she get overwhelmed by the pressure, the dark-haired dancer wondered. But before she could form some coherent conclusion, Kai’sa heard muffled footsteps coming her way.

Soon enough, her speculations proved correct as Akali marched into the kitchen with her hair in disarray, still hastily dried with a puffy magenta-coloured towel. At first, Bookie wanted to complain about the apparent delay, but she gasped, shocked once she got a full glance at her friend, not obstructed by the door frame or counter. As if she had only gotten back from a gym, her outfit consisted of an emerald green sports bra and an ashen quilted spandex leggings. To say that whatever the dancer wanted to say died out in her throat would be as saying nothing. Not knowing why, Bookie immediately reddened, feeling her frustration spreading fast. It was a ridiculous situation; after all, it was not like she had never seen her in a sports outfit. Good God, she had seen her naked, vulnerable, beaten, and in tears. Yet, somehow, what she was witnessing now was different. Not believing in her own communication capabilities, she hoped Kali would soon notice her and break this uncomfortable silence.

 


Author's notes section:


Hey. Please, don't try to seek any plot in this chapter. It's simply an extension of the previous part, focused solely on me trying to play with words, and getting a tad more comfortable in writing interactions between characters. That being said, there will not be anything explicit here, I might imply things, but I don't have any plans of specifically describing them.

Please, note that the dialogues written in italic are thoughts.

As always, I would like to thank you for everything. See you soon :)

Changelog:
[2023-12-19]: A preview has been released.
[2023-12-24]: A major update applied, focused on concluding the piece.

References:
- Joy – Touch by touch.


End of the author's notes section.


 

Chapter 20: Last Christmas

Chapter Text

To no one’s surprise, the moment December officially began, the media turned 180 degrees in a vain attempt to cover the gloomy and mostly uninteresting days with the anticipation over the fastly approaching Christmas. Its atmosphere spread akin to wildfire, quickly taking the stores, websites, and many others. Even though Korea was hardly a Christian country, the 25th of December was a national holiday which more and more people celebrated.

Contrary to what people might have believed, KDA utilised many Western services, leading to an inevitable flood of commercials, advertisements, and other means to encourage people to partake in the upcoming holiday season madness. Of course, Ahri was leading the torch in the matter, completely infatuated with everything the online stores offered. Surprisingly enough, Evelynn was on the other side of this spectrum, acting as Foxy’s sense of responsibility, discouraging the group’s leader from purchasing unnecessary items. Even though money could hardly be brought up as a problem for them, the diva was not a fan of buying stuff just for the sake of it. In Akali’s and Kai’sa’s cases, the matter was relatively simple – they had only recently tasted the sweetness of fame and currency influx. Hence, they were mostly neutral, vocally supporting the idea of spending Christmas together like a family they were.

Well, if the group’s rapper were asked what was the first thing coming to her mind when mentioning December, the answer would fool and surprise many. As strange as it might sound, Akali’s answer would be `Last Christmas` by Wham. There was something indescribable about it, intoxicating even. Even though it was not a carol, it carved a special place in her heart, making itself a sign of nearing holidays. Even though she undoubtedly liked the song’s original version, it had been years since she could enjoy the way she had used to. One would ask why, and the answer to this question was trivial. Nothing was the same since she had heard one particular cover. The simultaneously soft and powerful feminine vocal was accompanied by expressive and intriguing guitar play, distinguishable bass, and clear yet steady drums, making the melody incredibly intoxicating. So much so that it became a tradition of sorts for the snowy-haired woman; each year, a night preceding Christmas, she would lock herself up in her spacious home recording studio to jam alongside the melody for hours to no end. With her trusted headphones on and favourite guitar in hand, it was a time for relaxation, a moment to forget about the broader, outer world.

As always, a few days before Christmas, all hell let loose, rendering all of the carefully considered plans obsolete and forcing Akali and her girlfriends to improvise. To make matters worse, the snowing was heavily intensified, making it nearly impossible to drive a car, let alone travel via a plane. Initially, they had planned on spending this year’s holidays in a smallish cottage in the Alps, but as soon as the weather worsened, their flight was cancelled.

With nothing prepared, they were forced to come up with something, making the last couple of days hectic, chaotic even. Thankfully, Evelynn remained level-headed, willingly taking the mantle of responsibility upon herself, starting with assigning chores between them. As the diva was their best driver, she would go in and out of the apartment for all necessities. A few moments later, Ahri volunteered to accompany her, seeing an opportunity to venture into some shops, buying Christmas gifts she – like always – had forgotten to purchase beforehand. Hence, cooking and cleaning were left for Akali and Kai’sa to deal with, but they did not mind. However, the optimistic aura only lasted about a day before the reality check crushed it mercilessly.

Picking up her Stratocaster, the white-haired woman wanted to vent off and clear her mind. Each of them usually worked flawlessly under stress, somewhat stimulated by the feeling, giving more than anticipated. However, given the circumstances and how tensed and exhausting their schedule had been this year, it started leaving its marks on them, inch by inch. Akali reminded herself that she still had two more rooms to clean, but it was a problem she would deal with tomorrow morning, even if it meant she needed to get up earlier. For now, she quickly warmed up her hands before checking whether the instrument was still in tune. Thankfully, it was the case, allowing the young woman to start her session.

With the opening notes blasting through her headphones, Rogue allowed herself to be lost in the feelings, focusing solely on the instrument in her hands. As her eyelids were closed, she failed to notice the arrival of the unexpected observer. Driven by raw emotions, she kept playing on a loop, differentiating each replay, making them unique and intriguing.

However, it was only a matter of time before the said visitor grew impatient, gently touching the white-haired woman’s shoulder, effectively ending her session and stirring her from the domain of daydreaming. For a moment, Akali stilled, not thrilled about the interruption. For her, it was but a heartbeat since she had started playing – an apparent misconception she was more than aware of.

“What is needed of me?” the rapper asked in a whisper-like manner, keeping her eyes closed.

“I need your help, Kali,” a soft voice she associated with Kai’sa sounded. “Look, the quicker we get things done, the sooner you can return to your little session. And … I promise I won’t interrupt you,” she added.

“Kai,” Akali started softly. “Just say a word. You know you can count on me, right?”

“You’ve done more than enough,” the lead dancer commented, sighing afterwards. “I … I overestimated my capabilities.”

“Cooking, I presume?” the rapper asked, slowly opening her beautiful eyes and looking intently at her girlfriend.

“Yeah,” Bookie whispered, nervously playing with her fingers. “Would you help me? Please, Kali?”

“As I said, say the word, and I will help you with everything.”

“So … come,” the dark-haired woman said, extending her right hand towards the rapper.

With nothing more to say, the white-haired artist played along, quickly standing up. However, before she could follow the lead dancer, she dealt with her equipment, gently returning the guitar to its case whilst the trusty headphones were left on the nearby desk. Afterwards, she spun around, grabbing her girlfriend’s hand, and exiting the room.


***


Two and a half hours later, their “little” cooking session concluded. Even though Akali was beyond exhausted, a pang of pride resided in her chest, threatening to burst out. Contrary to what the media believed, the white-haired rapper was a relatively good cook; of course, she was not Bookie’s level, but usually, it was them who prepared all of the KDA’s meals. No matter, this session was slightly different, as the younger of the women truly overdid herself, taking the lion's share of the responsibilities, effectively quickening the process significantly. Had she not stepped up, they would have spent another hour or even longer in the kitchen.

“Thank you,” the dark-haired dancer whispered into Akali’s ear, nuzzling into the crock of her neck from behind. “After Christmas, I’ll make some custom ramen for you; you get to pick whatever you want me to put into it,” she added, intently observing the rapper’s nape as the goosebumps kept spreading, all thanks to her warm breath coating the delicate flesh. Driven by some unknown force, or perhaps desire, she leaned in, planting a few kisses.

“If I did not know better, I would assume it’s Evelynn teasing me,” the azure-eyed artist chuckled richly, once upon a time a habit of the group’s infamous diva. “No … it would be a lie,” she added. “Eve can get under my skin as if time had stopped during our first meeting: me, a blushing virgin, against the scarily intoxicating, vocal, and absurdly demanding siren. You are hardly like her. No … who am I lying to … you are her total opposite: sweet and caring.”

“Eve was right about you,” the dark-haired woman commented, stilling briefly.

“About what exactly?” Akali hummed, demanding the answer.

“You have … a unique way with your words,” Kai’sa replied, giggling. “Not that I nor the girls complain. However, I miss the old you, a tad clueless, tender, and hesitant,” she added, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend’s toned abdomen, which she was so fond of.

“Is that so?”

“Yeah,” a quiet reply was provided. “Have I ever told you …” Bookie started.

“Oh, come on,” the white-haired woman chuckled. “If you are about to tell me something corny, I am leaving,” she added, trying to sound threatening but failing miserably at that.

“Then … I’ll not tell you,” came a muffled giggle.

“You wanted to say something about my abs, did you not?” the rapper inquired after a short pause.

“Why do you ask rhetorical questions?” Kai’sa said, getting bolder by putting her hands past Akali’s tee and tracing her defined muscles. “You’re like a never-ending present to us. With each layer we discard, we’re immediately faced with a new surprise, a new wordless promise of wonders to discover,” she added passionately.

“Kai, I urge you to stop, or you might end up pinned against the nearest wall,” the white-haired woman managed to say through clenched teeth. “If you continue … I will snap,” she added, rendering her voice as cold as ice, demanding, and needy.

“And … what if that’s exactly what I want?” Bookie asked, humming and interpreting each subtle reaction she got from her girlfriend. “As lovely and sweet as you’re usually, I like when this possessive side of you takes control. There’s something intoxicating in that, making my toes curl in anticipation.”

“Pff,” a quiet scoff sounded. “I would have paid to see the media discovering this side of yours. Their beloved innocent Bookie is speaking such things. My oh my, a few jaws would have dropped, that is for sure,” Akali continued mocking, effortlessly breaking from the dancer’s embrace. “Do tell me … is it what you want, or … you told me all of this in the heat of the moment?”

“How do you think?”

“I will not speculate,” the rapper said in a deep voice. “You either tell me, or I am taking my leave to play some guitar.”

“I … I …” the dark-haired woman mumbled. “I stand by what I said,” she finally confessed, casting down her sight as if embarrassed.

The silence was allowed to rule for a few fleeting moments before Kai’sa heard a heavy exhale followed by even heavier footsteps. It was Akali; she was sure of it, yet she did not foresee what would happen next. A heartbeat later, she was pushed towards the wall, left with no option but to endure the inevitable pain as her back would clash against the cold surface. With her eyes closed, the dark-haired woman braced for the impact; however, it never came.

“What?” a shocked gasp was brought out from Bookie.

“Have you not wanted me to be possessive?” the rapper whispered into her ear, nibbling at her earlobe.

“Oh … god.”

“I am no god … but I will not say no to you worshipping me,” came a corny response carried by a hoarse and deep voice. “So … do you want to proceed, or are you chickening out?” a mockery question sounded.

“God … look what you’re doing to me,” Bookie squeaked a little.

“Open your eyes,” the white-haired woman commanded. “I want to see the desire flickering in those orbs. I want to see how much you want this. Show me how much I affect you.”

“You’re the worst,” a whiny and needy reply was provided. Nonetheless, the dancer did as she was told.

For a few moments, nothing happened as Akali fixated on the dancer’s eyes, smitten and tantalised by them. Still … when Kai’sa wanted to pout due to stillness, the former finally closed the distance between them, capturing her lips instantly.


***


In the end, miraculously, everything clicked. Despite their plan needing severe altering, they managed to prepare the apartment for this one unforgettable evening. Yet … strangely enough, the artists only realised that all of this was a welcomed addition much later on, after at least a couple of glasses of wine. All of the chaos and preparations they had gone through were not necessary. As long as they had each other, they had everything they needed.

“Oh … by the way, darling, do share what happened that night between you and Bookie?” Evelynn asked, smiling mischievously with a freshly refilled glass in her right hand. “Don’t get me wrong, seeing her clothes scattered all over the apartment can tell the story on its own … but I’d have preferred to hear it from you. So … did our adorable Kai muster the courage to ask you to do dirty things to her?” she continued, questioning as if the dark-haired woman was not on her left.

“Oh … well, I would say it was the heat of the moment,” Akali replied, placing her head comfortably on Ahri’s lap. “Still … I do not regret this rush passion. Tho … I feared I could hurt her; she is like a glass, you know.”

“Let me guess,” the Foxi started, chuckling. “She surprised you when, instead of asking you to stop, she demanded to go faster, or perhaps deeper?” she questioned, flashing a smirk that could rival the one imprinted on the diva’s face.

“Well, yeah.”

“Stop talking as if I wasn’t here!” Bookie complained loudly, earning herself a blasting wave of laughter drawn from her girlfriends.


Author's notes section:


Ok, first of all, it was meant as Christmas special, but I could not finish due to my free time being severely limited recently.

Please, note that the dialogues written in italic are thoughts.

As always, I would like to thank you for everything. See you soon :)

Changelog:
[2023-12-25]: A preview has been released.
[2024-01-10]: A major update applied, focused on slight adjustments and enriching the chapter.
[2024-01-20]: A major update applied, focused on concluding this piece.

References:
- Last Christmas - Wham
- Last Christmas - ROCK COVER by Sershen&Zaritskaya


End of the author's notes section.