Actions

Work Header

The velvet room may just be an illusion

Summary:

What if the velvet room didn't really exist? What if Yu was really called Souji? What if there was another reason why he has multiple personas...?

Chapter Text

The loud buzzing sound rang though his head.

 

 

What time was it?

 

 

He turned his head to the side and he was met with blinding red light that spelt out random numbers. He reached out with his weak hand and turned off his alarm.

 

It was 5:34 in the morning, he still had plenty of time to sleep in. He closed his eyes once more and lent his head back down into his pillow. He tossed his body around a few times to find his comfortable position again and finish of his nice dream.

 

Who was he kidding, he was too wide awake now to go back to sleep now. He was still partly groggy but he doubted he could get more sleep if he wanted to, it was already hard enough to get to sleep in the first place. He must have set his alarm earlier by accident last night.

 

 

 

It was too early for shopping distinct to open just yet, maybe he should go on a walk instead.

 

 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

 

Yu was making dinner as per usual using some of the ingredients he had picked up from his shopping trip he took earlier in the day. He bought a few things on impulse that he had never cooked with before but he knew Nanako was not a fussy eater so he was sure she wouldn't mind if it came out a bit differently.

Nanako was such a sweet girl, strong too. It really was an amazement how she was able to recover at such a tremendous rate, even the doctors were surprised too. She had endured a lot for her age, not just the past few months but for most of her young life. He was sure that she would grow into a strong and kind woman.

 

As he brought the two bowls into the room he saw her already sat at the table with her crayons in one hand as she coloured in the book Yu had given her once she and Dojima had recovered and left the hospital. He placed the ceramics on the table and told her to wash up before she ate.

 

 

Dojima wasn't home either today. He was still busy down at the station trying to get a new lead on the case after Namatame's dried up. They were so certain it had been him who was responsible for the deaths during the last several months. Dojima even went as far as to chase him down in a high speed chase, and while he had been responsible to some degree he was not the true killer much to his disappointment. And even while it was important that he had to find the true culprit as soon as possible, he still wished that he would spend a little more time with his own daughter at least.

 

Nanako was scheduled to resume school next week and she had been excited since the first time the doctors told her that she could go back. It wasn't that she absolutely love school, she did but it was mainly due to the fact that she was tired of staying at the hospital, especially with all of the strange doctors. She was relieved that she didn't have another doctor's appointment anymore.

 

 

Yu sat quietly beside her as he ate his food, listening to her crazy and bizarre stories about her friends. He was sure some of it was partly exaggerated, but it was nice to see her cheerful side once again.

Once they were finished Yu took their bowls to the sink to wash them. He found a clean towel to dry them with and placed them back into the respective places. After he was done he got himself a glass of water to clear his mouth and went back to join Nanako at the family table.

"Looks like it's going to rain tonight." Nanako said as she stared at the T.v in the living room. "It's been raining a lot recently hasn't it."

 

" Is that a problem? "

 

Nanako frowned slightly before shaking her head. "No, not really. It just means I can't really lay out much. Dad still doesn't trust me much to go outside when the weather's bad."

 

" He's just looking after you. Your still recovering, remember? "

 

 

"Yeah, I know."

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

 

 

Yosuke was sure that he had the most absolutely worst day at work today. Although that pretty much applied to any day while he was working at June's. He sweared that the customers were getting ruder by the day, constantly harassing him for discounts and complaining that he wasn't doing his job good enough, even though it was very clear that he was about the only one taking his job seriously while the rest of the part-timers stood around talking about pointless gossip. Constantly fending Teddie from the freezer aisle hadn't been much fun either.

 

Frustrated he threw the towel around his neck onto the bathroom floor and grabbed his clothes before hastily putting them on. He swore if Teddie went though his personal stuff again he would kill him.

 

Much to his luck Teddie wasn't in his room while he came back his shower, he really didn't trust leaving him in here alone. Yosuke went down stairs with his dirty clothes in hand and made his way to the kitchen. He dumped them by the washer after deciding he'd wash them later and went to find Teddie.

 

"Yosuke, don't you think I would look beary nice in that?" Teddie was by the T. v watching some poorly made drama, just because a movie has a few famous actors, Yosuke thought, doesn't automatically make it a good movie.

 

"Yeah, Yeah. Whatever, just make sure you turn that thing off soon. My parents would be livid if they saw another high electricity bill like last time, plus it's almost time you went to bed. I don't want to hear you complain that your tired again in the morning." To him Teddie was an alright friend, although in many occasions he found him not so much a good roomate. He could be really annoying sometimes.

Teddie let out a loud sigh. "Okay, but at least let me finish this episode. I still want to know if Yuku's sister is still alive. You know I've been waiting all week to find out. The suspense is killing me."

" Whatever, I'm going to bed. Call me if you need anything. I still don't trust you with the microwave, not with what happened last time. " Yosuke turned his vision away from the blond boy and attempted to make his way towards the stairs.

 

"Wait, it's raining outside, Yosuke. It's only started a little bit before you went to the shower. We should stay up to watch it. "

 

"Huh? Yeah sure. I'll watch it, we probably should anyway. Although I doubt anything would show up anyway, Namatame's at the hospital after all."

Fair enough Yosuke stayed up to watch the Midnight Channel and passed the time watching Teddie's new favourite show. He found it hard to keep up with the plot but at least he had Teddie in his ear constantly narrating the entire story to him. Soon the next hour passed and Yosuke was left staring at a blank screen.

Soon enough the Channel started up and a grey background covered the screen. As figured Yosuke knew nothing would show up. But it was always better to be safe than sorry.

 

Just before Yosuke thought the Channel would turn off after several moments, he saw a strange shape in the middle of his T.v. What the hell was it? He thought as he subconsciously leaned closer. It seemed to be a silhouette of a person. Of who? He didn't know, the image was too blurred for him to distinguish anything identifiable.

Soon the image gained more clarity and he soon found himself staring and a boy, an high school student to be precise. He knew because he was definitely wearing the Yasogami uniform, though he couldn't tell who exactly it was. Another thing he found that was slightly odd was the sword it had in its right hand. To be honest it kind of reminded him of Yu's Katana, especially the way it held the sword in its hand and the way his other hand rested on its side.

 

.

 

.

 

.

It reminded him a lot about him, quite a bit actually.

 

 

Yosuke shuffled on his knees closer to the T.v and and leaned his head ever near to the screen.

 

"What's wrong Yosuke?"

 

 

 

There was no mistaking it, it was definitely him.