Actions

Work Header

rare earths and trace elements

Summary:

#64: "How fares Miss Rockbell?"

#65: She's been looking forward to the day when her hair finally gets long enough to – well, no longer be short.

#66: "Come to Xing for new year's, he said. It'll be fun, he said."

#67: Ed's almost twenty when he realises that Hawkeye must've been around his age when she was deployed to Ishval.

#68: Riza definitely does not laugh at the way Roy inevitably winces at ‘last’, a fact she will happily swear to at court martial if necessary.


(fmab ficlet collection with a generous serving of post-canon shenanigans and a side of AUs)

Notes:

this is a mess because i am a mess. enjoy anyway

main characters and canon/au notes in chapter titles, with any content warnings in chapter notes. expect a healthy dose of post-promised day fic with a side of canon-divergence AU for spice, and a lot (a lot) of the resembool kids, hawkeye, and mustang

all crossposted from tumblr, so feel free to follow me there for more of whatever-this-is beamed directly into your brain at high speed!! i also ramble more about AUs there, and regularly accept prompts, if that sweetens the deal for anyone

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: [al, winry, ed; post-promised day]

Summary:

“Actually, Winry – can you do something for me?” 

Winry continues towelling her hair dry as she glances up. “Of course, Al. What is it?”

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Actually, Winry – can you do something for me?” 

Winry continues towelling her hair dry as she glances up. “Of course, Al. What is it?”

“Brother… he gets these nightmares, sometimes. Bad ones.” Al is stifling a yawn even as he speaks, leaning heavier on his cane than when he and Ed had first arrived earlier, but still his eyes are clear when he looks back. “Especially when we were on missions, so maybe he won’t get them now we’re back in Resembool, but will you keep an eye out anyway? I mean, I used to wake him up if it got too bad, but…”

But that was when Al had been clanking around in a suit of armour, instead of a still-recovering human body who desperately needed the rest, Winry fills in mentally. 

She nods with an easy grin. “Sure thing! Though I think Dan might notice before either of us do, actually.”

They both laugh at that just as Ed walks back in, and he squints suspiciously at them. “Notice what?”

“Nothing~” Winry singsongs, exchanging the towel for a hairbrush. “Now get out of my room, both of you!”

 

 

 

Notes:

al: well sometimes ed's nightmares are about only reaching the buffet line when the food's already run out and from his reaction it's hard to tell which is which