Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
React To....
Stats:
Published:
2020-05-03
Updated:
2021-01-01
Words:
78,691
Chapters:
26/35
Comments:
447
Kudos:
489
Bookmarks:
90
Hits:
19,510

A Play of Time

Summary:

The characters watch the future

(Since no one wrote a fanfic like this, I decided to do it myself)

Notes:

So I searched through all 355 works of this fandom and I still couldn't find a watch the show au, so I took it upon myself to write one. Also, I'm making Wang Seol empress of Goreyo because I refuse to let Yeon Hwa's son be king.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter Text

 

PROLOGUE

Go Ha Jin sat in the balcony of her apartment, starting her day with praying, praying for the heavens above to be kind and merciful, merciful enough to return her 4th Prince to her.

‘I only wish for him, give me a chance to right my wrongs, to accept him from the beginning, to be his wife, to be the mother of his children.’ She prayed, ignoring the tears that welled up in her eyes as soon as she thought of Wang So.

She had been doing this for an entire year now, it had been a year since she woke up from her coma. She spent her evenings after work in libraries, reading any book she could find about him. She was shocked when she found out her daughter became Empress Regnant of Goryeo but soon those feelings of fear and shock turned into pride as she read about how her daughter ruled wisely, and made many positive changes to Goryeo.

Many times, she would end up with a blade in her hand, poised above her left wrist, but before she could slit her wrist open, her 4th Prince’s voice would remind her,

I won’t ever forgive you.”

So she did the only thing she could do, she waited. Waited for him to return to her. She wondered how long it would take, he had lived for 24 years without her after all.

 

 

4th Prince Wang So died the moment he saw Hae Soo’s urn, she was gone, and with her she took his heart.

He was a shell of the man he used to be before. A king without his kingmaker. After all, isn’t that what she was, his Kingmaker. She made him into the man he was, planted seeds of ideas in his head that he used in his policymaking.

He didn't want to live when she wasn't there.

That was before he met her.

Princess Seol, who looked almost exactly like her mother.

(He could see himself in her though, her small eyes just like his own, her high cheekbones and defined jawline, the Yoo blood was strong in his daughter)

Jung revealed everything, how Hae Soo asked his brother to take her away from the palace, how she asked Wook to reveal their previous dalliance. She knew she was dying, and she was smart enough to understand her child would not have survived without her.

She pushed him away to protect his firstborn, their firstborn.

Even after she died, she gave him something precious.

Even so, he could not help but yearn for her, his kingmaker, his only queen.

‘Give me a chance to change everything, to take care of her, to grow old with her.’ He prayed and prayed and prayed, hoping his prayers will come true.

 

 

Lady Time watched the two lovers, who had a love so strong it withstood a separation of over a thousand years. Maybe her brother Fate did make an error with these two. Princess Seol did make a fine Queen after all.

Smiling, she slowly began to rewrite their fate.

 


 

`Set after 4th Prince Wang So rescues Hae Soo/Go Ha Jin from falling but before the fight between 10th Prince Wang Eun and Hae Soo/Go Ha Jin`

 

The first thing King Taejo saw as he woke up was fog, in his room. This strange fog (he did not even understand how there was fog in his room, it was summer) joined together and formed a cloud, a strange, ethereal voice spoke from within this cloud.

“You must gather Queen Sinmyeongsunseong, Queen Sinjeong, Princess Hwangbo Yeon Hwa, the 8th princess and all the princes with an exception of the 9th prince, in front of the King’s quarters immediately. The fate of Goreyo depends on it.”

Understanding that there were greater forces at play, the first king of Goryeo summoned the eunuch outside his chambers and commanded him to summon all the people who were mentioned and inform them to stand outside his quarters.

 

 


 

4th Prince Wang So was confused. All his brothers (with the exception of Wang Won), his sister Yeon Hwa and his 8th brother's wife were rushed to the palace from the 8th Prince's residence. He could not help but wonder if anything had happened in the palace. 

He could hear his 10th and 14th brother joke around as they waited for the King to arrive, he stood in the shadows of his brothers, knowing his place amongst his father’s many sons.

“I’m sure it’s a matter of great concern for Pyeha to summon us all like this, we must patiently wait for him to arrive” Lady Hae Myung Hee reminded the younger princes, who were beginning to get a bit restless.

For some reason, Lady Hae reminded him of someone, he couldn’t remember who, but she looked similar to someone that he had forgotten. The prince took this time to think of who the 8th princess resembled.

It was the abrupt silence that brought Wang So back to reality, he looked up to see King Taejo arriving with Queen Sinmyeongsunseong, Queen Sinjeong and the royal astrologer Choi Ji Mong.

“I’m sure you’re all curious as to why you’ve been summoned here.” As soon as King Taejo finished his sentence, a huge wind surrounded the crowd, within seconds, there was not one person left in the area and before any of the guards could see or do anything, time froze.